1.53/5
Based on 509 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

848 Mitsubishi TVs and Electronics Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

We purchased our Mitsubishi about 9 years ago - it is a 68" screen DLP. Mitsubishi replaced the bulb after 2 years (cost of bulb and technician fully covered - Mitsubishi indicated the original bulb may have been defective). We replaced the bulb once again 2 years ago - cost about $70. We have had no other problems in all these years.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

This television needed constant repairs of costs over $750 for each repair... It did not have much life and would never buy this brand again. The extended warranty expired in three years and that's when the Mitsubishi Projection television floor model 55 inch screen started to have trouble once a year. Repairs were made to the power supply unit and other source. After having several repairs done I decided to give up on this television that when originally bought it had many features and a great picture but it did not last.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

We have several TVs and are very happy with all of them. The 60 inch Mitsubishi is about 12 years old and still works great. The 3 flat screens are newer and are from 20 inch to 60 inch and are great.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

Purchased from specialty dealership store. Set was a bit pricey but features were top notch and this has been reliable for eight years. Every place projection three times, which seems par for the course.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

I have had this TV for 7 years. It is 73" projection DLP and has been a great TV. I would buy this brand again and am very happy with this purchase. It has great clarity and the sound is awesome.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mitsubishi?

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

Mitsubishi knows that a key component of ALL their big screen TVs is defective, but kept using it for many years. They argue that it's not their error, and expect consumers to trash their sets after a few years or pay them for the repair. After spending several thousand dollars on a TV set, I expect it to last longer than the warranty period. If you doubt this, search the internet and you will quickly see thousands of complaints and a class action lawsuit against Mitsubishi.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

Bought this pre-owned Mitsubishi 65" projection tv model WD-65731 for $80.00 plus $22.00 for a new light and it works superbly. Has 10 times more features than I need or even know what to do with so all is fine in TV land.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2015

I hooked up an Apple iMac via HDMI cable and now have a 55" iMac Mitsubishi. Great sound, resolution and reliability. I used to sell TVs in the 70s and Mitsubishi (MGA) and SONY were the Rolls Royce and Bentley then and still are.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2015

DLP chip defect was recalled. I have a WD-73C10 Mitsubishi TV that was not used for a few years but a couple of times because it was in the spare room. We moved in April and began using it more but in August we noticed strange white dots. By researching I have found there was a recall but Mitsubishi will not help the consumer. I must replace this part myself for $250.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2015

Hello. I got my 60" Mitsubishi TV as a gift. I've had it 5 yrs & it's It has white spots ALL OVER screen!! Volume don't work anymore either. I called Mitsubishi they said it was a lamp issue so I purchased one. NO! It's NOT. I DON'T know what's wrong with this TV. Very poor quality of a big expensive product! Can they be made to replace my TV? It was a gift.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2015

I bought a 73" Mitsubishi tv and have had nothing but issues with it. Have had to replace the bulb numerous times and had to pay for it ourselves and now there are white spots popping up everywhere all over the screen. Mitsubishi is saying you have to pay someone $200.00 to come out and replace the DLP Chip . EVERYWHERE I READ EVERYONE IS REPLACING THEIR'S IN EVERY TV THEY HAVE BOUGHT FROM THEM. Why is there not a recall on them and the company not paying all of it to fix these tv's? This is bull. We paid a lot of money for these tv's to get ripped off and have them break every few months. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

This is a 2006 MITSUBISHI WD-65731 65" rear projection I bought used for $80.00. Needed a new projection bulb which cost $20.00 and it's superb. Excellent picture with better than average sound.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2015

We first received the infamous "blinking green light of death" and the TV would not start. After a huge hassle, Mitsubishi finally let us replace the chassis. Now we get a buzzing and the TV never turns on. I have had it. I send $3800 for a mess of wires and lousy engineering. Never again. These companies that think they can manufacture 27 products and made them all work well. Sheesh! What a pile of junk.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2015

Since we have gotten this 73 inch Mitsubishi, we have had to replace the lamp 3 times. Which are not very cheap and have to be ordered online. Now we have to replace the chip inside because there are white and black dots all over the screen. That's a $300 part and a very tricky job.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2015

I purchased a 70 inch Mitsubishi TV in November 2009. The TV started getting these black and white spots. The white, they start to blink in. Next thing you know, you have a million white spots. Now I don't think that is fair, that I have to pay $200 or more to have someone come out and repair this TV. Mitsubishi should be totally responsible for repairing my TV at no cost to me. The TV is just 6 years. I will never recommend anyone to purchase a TV from Mitsubishi. I used to think that Mitsubishi was one of the top brand televisions, but not anymore. I am so disappointed in Mitsubishi. They need to be sued. Put me on the list. Let's sue them.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2015

I bought my tv from Aarons in 2009 and took a lot of hard earned money to pay it off. I was sitting in my living room watching tv and I heard a very loud pop and I lost the picture. I shut it off and when I turned it on, it no longer had picture. However, had sound that would go out and the tv would just shut off by itself. This happens every time I try to turn it on. The company is no longer in business and I was on the internet trying to find out how to fix it and came across this site. If there is a law suit, I would be happy to be involved.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2015

As many of the other customer experiencing the white and black dots on my 65 in. Mitsubishi television I also contacted customer service to hear the same story everybody else has been writing about. Their staff has been well trained to say "no" to their consumers. When I asked for a manager I was told "they don't speak to customers." WOW! What are they hired for? Oh yeah to train their agents to say "no we can't help you."

I have been on the phone two days trying to deal with this issue. I'm willing to pay the $200 for the service fee, but I was told they only do this for some customers, apparently I wasn't one of the chosen ones. I'm appalled that such a big corporation has such poor customer service and doesn't care at all about their customers. I work at a company with over 500 people and trust me I will make sure everybody knows not to buy a Mitsubishi TV, and I will make sure everybody I come in contact with also know about my experience with this company. I haven't given up and I will send a letter to the CEO. Even if he doesn't read it, I will feel better.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2015

Deceitful response to widespread manufacturing defect. So, if you've looked around at all, you know that Mitsubishi Electronics used a defective chip in their big screen televisions for many years. The defect causes televisions with this chip to develop white dots all over the screen - so many that eventually there is little picture left. Mitsubishi is well aware of the problem, and has reacted by offering a free replacement chip. *BUT IT'S NOT SO FREE.* In fact, Mitsubishi insists that you must have their technician install the new chip - for which they charge a flat $200 fee no matter where you are. Gosh... that just happens to be the approximate retail cost of the chip, though it can be found for much less if you do some shopping.

So *minimally*, why can't Mitsubishi be HONEST about their charges for repair? And, one MIGHT hope that a manufacturer of products selling for $2000-$4000 would stand behind their product when a defect like this is found - instead of continuing to sell them and then charging a fee to replace the defective part when it invariably fails.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2015

Ok, I have read lots of reviews of griping people regarding the 60" & up DLP TV's. I have had my 60" since 2008 and replaced the bulb twice only because I bought a knock off brand the first time and am needing a chip now. The chips are $185 all over the internet and my name brand bulb cost me $80. So in 7 yrs it's cost me $265. That's cheap maintenance compared to what you spend on your car in 7 years that you spent more on. So really people? Maybe you need to look at things that cause those lamps to go out prematurely considering I got more than 5 years out of mine, like keeping the back of the tv clean, cooling fan clean, and not turning the tv on and off frequently especially like off and back on 5 minutes later type stuff.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2015

First and last Mitsubishi TV set I will purchase. 60" DLP, after 5 years now getting white and black dots due to DMD chip failure. Seeing it's a known issue. Mitsubishi has done nothing to rectify it.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2015

I made an appointment to have my Mitsubishi TV fixed. They were a no show. When I asked what happened, they said there were no service people in my area. They did not have the courtesy to tell me they were not coming. I had to fix it myself.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2015

I purchased a 73-in. tv off a home shopping network about 4yrs ago. After its 1yr warranty expired so did tv! I have replaced expensive parts over and over and tv still fails to work properly. Mitsubishi is no help and said to take it to one of their expensive licensed repair shops. I don't think they should be selling items they know are garbage. They had a lawsuit against them. It is a known defect which I should be forced to fix. I think not! When I spend close to $2000 for a tv I expect it to work more than 4yrs without having to sink half that into it. Mitsubishi owes everyone free parts and repair or a new tv. They knew it was going to happen. Shame on you Mitsubishi for stealing people's money for your garbage products.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2015

I have a Mitsubishi 60" DLP 3D paperweight. Besides overpaying for it in 2009, I have purchased 3 replacement lamps and now need a chip to stop the spread of black and white spots all over the screen. The thought of paying $400.00 for the chip required to fix the problem is just too much. Based on all the complaints I see others have had too, Mitsubishi should NOT manufacture televisions. I am thoroughly disgusted and will never purchased any product manufactured by Mitsubishi ever again.

Original review: July 30, 2015

I have been putting money into the TV a year after I got it. I have bought a total of 5 lamps at a hundred dollars a pop and now I have snow. I call Mitsubishi and they said it's too old for them to give me the chip for free. It was defective and it's their fault. I would never do business with them ever again. I paid almost a thousand dollars for the TV plus 500 on lamps and now a DMD chip will cost 200 and labor. Mitsubishi sucks. Never again.

Original review: July 7, 2015

You call to ask for the chip and you pay for the repair, they say ok... After being put on hold you then are told you no longer can get it. WTF!!! We have had to buy a lamp for the TV, now a chip and this company needs to take ownership for the error in making a poor quality TV.

Original review: July 2, 2015

I purchased my Mitsubishi TV in 2009 for my husband. It is a 65 inch 3D HDTV. Last year we had to replace the lamp in it. A few months ago, we started seeing white dots pop up in multiples each time we turned it on. The lamp cost us $200 to fix. And, it looks as if it will cost another $200 to fix the white spots. The chip to fix the white spots costs about $200. After reading several reviews on issues I have with tv are the same as others. Why isn't Mitsubishi doing anything to correct this?

Original review: June 23, 2015

I have a 65-inch DLP which I bought new in 2008. I have replaced the bulb in it 4 times and that's been all until March of this yr. I started noticing a white dot on the screen which I thought was a piece of dust or something on the screen. I didn't think too much of it until I saw several of those white specs about a week later. I called Mitsubishi support and they informed me that it was a chip issue and it would be covered but I would have to pay for the cost of repair. I called the authorized repair guy and he told me how much it would cost to repair it and that this is common with these TV's. I didn't have 250 to have him come fix it right away so I waited until about 15 minutes ago to call Mitsubishi to have them send him the chip.

They then told me that I was told it was not covered due to the age of the TV. They said it's in their notes from the last time we spoke. I asked for a supervisor and was told that the person I spoke to the first time WAS a supervisor, so they are confident that those noted are correct. I told her over and over that I was told initially that the chip was covered but she kept telling me I misheard them and that I was wrong. I'd have to pay 225.00 for the chip and then 250.00 to have it replaced. I've already paid for 4 bulbs and on top of the 1,700 I paid for the TV itself. This is the worst customer service I've ever dealt with! They take no pride in helping the customer and do not stand by their products or take responsibility when their products fail. I guess I'll be getting new TV and taking this one to the gun range. Thanks for nothing Mitsubishi!

Original review: June 22, 2015

WD-65733 65inch tv - After owning eight Mitsubishi TVs and now a 60 inch and 65 inch models, I contacted their main office (supervisor **) about a white dot problem on the screen. I was referred to a local repair shop only to learn that I needed a DMD Chip #276P595010 that was out of warranty by one month! They suggested I return to the company and share the date for assistance. Upon doing so, I was advised that I needed the original receipt (by Supervisor **) to verify the purchase (even though they had the purchase information on file). Thus a 120 mile trip was necessary to obtain the receipts from storage!

When contacting them again, I was informed by another supervisor (**) that there was nothing they could do and was not interested in the receipts! A complete run around, total lack of interest in the consumer and a joke as a company. Stay away from this brand at all costs. They have lost a a good twenty year customer over a stupid DMD Chip! BUYER BEWARE WHEN DEALING WITH MITSUBISHI.

Original review: June 9, 2015

Every time I turn around I have to replace the TV lamp bulb & it gets expensive. I am SOOO pissed off at Mitsubishi for even making that TV!!! That's all I've got except I'm pissed off at Mitsubishi TVs.

Original review: June 9, 2015

Ever since I bought this television in Jan of 2010, I have been replacing the bulb in it 4 times. I like the television but it has issues of constant bulb replacement: which is costly. I paid a large amount for it thinking because of the reputation of Mitsubishi I had a better quality of television, "I am very displeased in the performance in the television."

Is there a way that Mitsubishi can replace the bulbs for free because of the issue of the television. I am pretty sure there is some kind of resolution to this matter: you try to call and zero getting thru or receiving any kind of recall info or feedback where to get bulbs for free. I know that I may sound harsh but this is an on going matter that needs attention ASAP. My television is 60 in 1080p DLP model # WD60C9.

Mitsubishi TVs and Electronics Company Information