Mitsubishi TVs and Electronics

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Mitsubishi TVs and Electronics

Quit paying for costly home repairs

850 Mitsubishi TVs and Electronics Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 25, 2017

Mitsubishi TV takes several seconds for the picture to come up. The picture is not perfectly clear. The closer you move to the TV, the unclearer it becomes. It is no clearer than the old tube type TV. I would recommend a TV that takes advantage of the new technology that has a much clearer picture. I do not like the fact that the TV has to warm up before the picture comes up. Also the sound system is second class.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I have the 63" projection and we just love this TV. The original bulb lasted thousands of hours, the second, not so much. But the picture is beautiful with the extra magenta color that they add. I would recommend this TV to anyone.

Original review: May 20, 2017

I have had this Mitsubishi TV for over ten years and it only gave me trouble once. I liked my tv ever since I purchased it, it gave me good service and I only upgraded because it was not a smart tv, otherwise it is still working in another room.

Original review: March 13, 2017

For a 73" under $700 delivered 5 years ago it's working like new. It's a Great set. We bought an extra bulb 2 years ago "just in case bulb went bad". But it has never been replaced. 1,000's of hours gaming and movie watching.

Original review: March 2, 2017

We bought a 60" WD-60735 DLP TV and have experienced all the same problems people have mentioned on this site along with 1000's all over the internet. We spent a small fortune on their products and yet they do nothing to correct their defective products. We just started having the "white dot" syndrome again and called Mitsubishi explaining we are NOT happy that this is happening again. They told us that they can't do anything and that we should buy our replacement part from a place called ShopJimmy. They want like $185+ for this DLP chip... apparently Mitsubishi must have sold off or are in cahoots with this company to ** people this much for what amounts to outdated technology.

We can spend a $100 or so more and get a brand new set without all this B.S. Our recommendation is simple... Don't but anything from this company (Electronics, Cars, etc...) as they are as corrupt as most politicians and don't care one bit about their customers. Also, if anyone is interested in filing a Class Action lawsuit against them, let's do it - We're in!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mitsubishi?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2017

Bought a 65 inch DLP TV, model WD-Y65 12-27-06 and original bulb lasted a little over four years . Replacement bulb at $180.00 lasted about one and a third years. Third bulb at 200.00 lasted one year. Fourth bulb at $220.00 lasted eleven months. All bought thru Mitsubishi. Each time I wanted some compensation... NONE! I even bought the extended warranty which was for four years and as you can tell that was a waste. So I refused to buy the next bulb which would have been $230.00 and let the TV sit for one and a half years before I was talked into buying from another source. Back in business for $58.00! Mitsubishi, my question to you is $58.00 vs $230.00... What's wrong with this picture? (No pun intended)! $58.00 isn't acceptable but $230.00 is! NEVER, NEVER, NEVER again will I ever buy anything Mitsubishi again! All Mitsubishi had to do... what's right. $3400.00 I paid and Mitsubishi does this! NEVER again!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I don't see how anyone could rate this tv a 5 star. It's constantly costing money to keep watching it. You have to buy lamps and keep spares just in case (how embarrassing is it when your tv just goes black on you while you're having a part). Then you'll start with one dot that will multiply into 1000's in no time. Which this issue was once covered under the DLP Chip Recall for Texas Instruments. In 2017, they stopped honoring the recall on the DLP chip.

The cost of the DLP chip $175 on ebay.com so now I'm trying to decided if it's worth putting more money into and investing the $175 for the chip. I do know how to replace the chip which most places will charge $200 plus to replace but still there is no guarantee that the replacement chip will last either. I'm considering just watching it till it gets too annoying and just throwing it away. I'm unsure if Mitsubishi is still in the television market or not but I'll never buy another Mitsubishi television that is for sure.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2017

I was watching TV yesterday and noticed these white dots on the screen. At first I thought there was damage to the screen itself. I bought the monster in 2009, and I have replaced the bulb several times over the years, but this white dot issue had me stumped. So I came across this site and started to read about all the problems people are having with these sets, and the problems with MITSU customer service.

I did contact Mitsubishi and had ZERO problems. She was polite and helpful. They will be replacing the DLP chip next week for the usual $200 + tax. While I can replace the chip myself, it's easier and convenient for them to do so. I spent $3300 in 2009. 225.00 is not a lot to spend on repairs. Considering the price for a comparable UHD tv in that size would be almost twice what I paid.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2016

I have a 73in I brought in 2008 and a 82in in 2010. First the 73in started acting up. Lamp only lasting 6 months. White dots. Cost a lot in repairs so it sits covered in my dining room. The 82in bulb lasted 6 years but last week the tv just died. I've tried changing the lamp. Nothing is working. Do not buy these tvs. After a few years they stop working and hard to get rid of because of size I once enjoyed.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2016

This tv has a great picture. The sound is lacking. Since I bought the tv in 2009 I have replaced 6 bulbs. When I contacted Mitsubishi for bulbs, they were helpful and quick to deliver them. They are expensive so I started buying aftermarket bulbs. I also had hundreds of black and white spots on the picture and had to replace the dlp chip. Then the ballast quit working and it was almost impossible to find a replacement at a decent price. As for maintenance, this is the most expensive tv I have ever owned. The good part, so far I am able to replace the parts myself. I rate Mitsubishi's parts department employees very good for their eagerness to help and ability to ship parts quickly. As for the WD73736 TV, I rate it very poor or worse.

Mitsubishi TVs and Electronics Company Information