Mitsubishi TVs and Electronics

Quit paying for costly home repairs

Mitsubishi TVs and Electronics

Quit paying for costly home repairs

850 Mitsubishi TVs and Electronics Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2016

My Mitsubishi WD-65733 65 inch TV was purchased brand new around 2009 and about a year or so later, white and black dots starting showing up and multiplying making it unviewable over the course of time. My old parents decided not to do anything because they couldn't afford any repair costs along with the dissatisfaction they have received from purchasing a TV only to break down a couple years down the road. Very dissatisfied with the Mitsubishi quality.

Deciding to take the matters on hand, I called Mitsubishi's customer care. Coming into the call, I had researched and found out that many had the same problem with the Mitsubishi TVs. Reading numerous forums, most of them were able to get it fixed for 200 plus tax for the labor cost only with Mitsubishi covering the broken part (DLP chip). However, the representative claimed that they will NOT cover the most expensive part to break from their POS model of TVs because it is a 7 year old TV. This goes to show that they won't stand behind their products, KNOWING that this is the one problem experienced by many and there is no issue of any recall. So all I say is BUYER BEWARE, from all Mitsubishi products and save yourself a headache and lots of money from this POS company.

Original review: June 28, 2016

73" Rear Projection TV Model WD 73735 - We paid around $3000 for our Mitsubishi 73" tv several years ago. We were definitely robbed! Our tv only lasted about 4 yrs before we lost it due to the "white death", as it's being called. We first had one white dot on our screen but the dots quickly multiplied! So much so that we had to eventually turn it off because we couldn't see the picture.

I called Mitsubishi & was, at first, thrilled to hear that it was a known problem with the DLP Chip & that they would replace at no charge. Great! Or so I thought! Nothings ever for free, right??! The only 'catch' was that we had to pay one of their certified technicians to come out & actually do the labor. I then found out that was to the tune of $200-$300! Well, had I not fallen ill in the year after we bought the thing & lost my job, that might would have been doable. As it stood, there was no way to spend that extra cash on the tv. We were told to call back when we could. Well, that was a few years ago.

In the meantime, we have a pitiful looking 32" sitting in front of our once 'pride & joy'! After looking at it today & giving it more thought, I became furious!!! Why should we not be able to enjoy our 73" tv??? We bought & paid for it. I even asked Mitsubishi to just send the chip. They refused. Now, I saw on another website that our TV Model may be one that they no longer cover???

After reading pages & pages of complaints about this same complaint today, I'm in disbelief that no attorney has jumped on a class action lawsuit against Mitsubishi! I'm going to send out an email to as many attorneys that I can find today & ask for someone to take my case! You've got to stand for something! I encourage every owner of this hunk of junk TV to do the same. We were all robbed!! The only satisfaction that I've been able to get from my big screen still sitting behind the little TV is that it has given me the opportunity to tell everyone who enters our home exactly who the manufacturer is & what they've done to us. NEVER, EVER BUY FROM MITSUBISHI OR ANYONE THAT THEY ARE AFFILIATED WITH!!! I'd like to add that it speaks volumes that this company doesn't participate with Consumer Affairs or the Better Business Bureau! They couldn't handle the amount of complaints!

Original review: June 5, 2016

I contacted Mitsubishi about the white dots on my TV (73" DLP Tv). They are replacing the chip for free. But I pay the tech $200.00 to come out and replace it. The TV is a 2009. I have just replaced the bulb in it. So for a 7-yr old TV, I have put $254.00 into it in 7 yrs. That is GREAT!!! I love the picture quality of the TV. Can't wait for football season!!!

Original review: June 3, 2016

This company is terrible. They make substandard televisions that require numerous repairs. Avoid even if it is free. I will NEVER purchase another Mitsubishi in this lifetime.

Original review: April 26, 2016

I have a 65 inch Mitsubishi TV. Love the TV, but out of nowhere it just stopped working. Multiple suggestions to fix issue. None worked. Wanting to know if there is A RECALL.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Mitsubishi?

Original review: March 10, 2016

I bought my television in 2008 and it's a 60" wd-60735. I'm glad the replacement bulbs have come down to a reasonable price and aren't too difficult to do myself. That DLP chip that goes bad and causes all the white dots is still pricey and not the easiest thing to install. So if you watch the video, take pictures, and write down notes, it can be done but you have to have faith that the one you bought is good and that you don't damage it during the installation. Since this very small part costs almost $200 for a 60 inch tv that's old and may have other things ready to go bad, that doesn't seem wise. I have already bought two much cheaper televisions, a Hisense and a Sceptre that are both 55" and have much better pictures. The Sceptre is a 4k HD that I bought on Black Friday and the Hisense is a HD smart tv. I purchased them both for about $400 at Walmart with a 3 year extended warranty.

Texas Instrument needs to lower the price for that DLP chip if they intend to keep selling them. The Mitsubishi TVs are just about beyond any shelf life, they take up too much room, and they are very heavy compared to modern thin screens selling today. Mine is in the garage now but will probably be heading to a recycle dump unless this part gets priced below $100 in the next three or four months.

Original review: March 9, 2016

I own a 60" Rear projection TV made by Mitsubishi. It has started to get the white death (white dots on screen from failing DLP chip). Internet search located info of free replacement of chip. This is a 10 minute repair at best if you have any computer skills. In contacting Mitsubishi (a 2 day process) it was determined that it was a free replacement but only if you use their Certified Warranty Repair Center for Labor. This is a $200++ charge for them to come out. I discussed just picking up the chip from the Warranty Center and they informed me that even though the chip was free, and the TV was out of warranty, and it WAS an easy fix, they would lose their certification if they did not install it according to Mitsubishi.

Obviously the free part replacement is a scam on Mitsubishi's part to pay for part. They were vague when questioned but admitted that Mitsubishi was charging the Service Center for the part and mandating that they are the only ones to replace it so that they can make up the cost and make a profit on a manufacturer's defect repair at the cost to the consumer. BEWARE!! I had previously owned their diamond vision TV which was wonderful and never had any problems with it, which is why I purchased their product when I upgraded. NEVER AGAIN! BUYERS BEWARE!!

Original review: March 3, 2016

After finding my DLP 73 inch TV needed a replacement part. I called to give information as they needed. They say they will quote (send part to the customer for free). Total lie. They now want $300.00 dollars for fixing. I contacted one of their so called big wigs and explained my situation to him. He stated "No we won't send it to customer because I might go and sell it on eBay." After he said that I realized the TV and company was a absolute joke. That's why you don't see their TVs out for sale anymore. Never will I buy any product from them again. Accuse me of selling a part that was supposed to be free, instead of installing it. ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

Original review: March 3, 2016

I bought a 65" TV only to have the stop working 4 months later. It took the company I purchased it from 2 years to so call fix it. They replaced the bulb. I paid it off. 2 days later the bulb blew out again. I saw a white dot but thought it was something on the TV. I didn't pay it much attention. In the meantime, I had to replace the bulb 4 more times. The last time I notice about 10 more dots. Now there is over 100. Mitsubishi claims there is nothing they can do about it. I will never buy from them again. I did not spend over $4000 for this trash.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2016

I own 2 of the Mitsubishi 72" TVs and both had black and white dots showing and then eventually went through the entire screen. The company paid for both to be fixed and replaced approximately 2 years ago. Now I am having the same issue with the one TV again. Mitsubishi is now telling me they no longer can help me. I believe this is BULL and also I have replaced the light bulbs in both 4 times since I have owned them. Rather an expensive maintenance for a $3,000 dollar TV.

Mitsubishi TVs and Electronics Company Information