2.30/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

997 LG TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I have loved my LG since the day I purchased it. No problems in the four years we have owned it. Just the right size for our "TV" room. Great picture, excellent sound. It also fits into the room without being overpowering. Nice sleek look. We preferred placing it on a stand rather than wall mounting.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

The tv was easy to set up and came with all the needed accessories. It has quick start guide to help you select the correct signal for your TV as well. I love the quality and the sound. Overall the menu settings are easy to read and follow. This TV even had an option for the visually impaired - it walked you through the steps on how to set up the TV. It also has an audio channel announcement as well.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Our LG 50 in 4K UHD Smart TV is great. Good connectivity to internet. Picture is crisp and color is good. The app that goes along with the TV is pretty easy to use once you use it a few times. Great to screen share pictures and different things from your phone.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

Our OLED LG TV is 18 months old. Ext Warr. worked well until one month ago when not able to connect to our fave. ie SBS On Demand, ABC iview and Netflix. The screen frequently say "You are not connected to the internet..." Of course we are and every other TV, Mac, iPads all work. Power electronics came out and replaced motherboard and as they drove away same message came up on screen. I am now documenting and will be going formal complaint through Fair Trading Procedure. Betty **. PS. The SBS On Demand program continues to play behind the screens notice re no internet.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

Purchased 70 inch LG TV... it’s only 2 years old. Cost over $1000.00. TV just died, turns out something shorts out the motherboard... costs $600.00 to replace board... which is hard to find and happens often According to repairman. LG says, "Tough. You didn’t buy extended warranty..." I say a TV should not die only 2 yrs old, obviously you sell crappy product and don’t stand by your product... NO COMPENSATION... NOT FAIR.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I bought a LG 46" LCD TV about 10 years ago and after only 13 months the motherboard was bad. I tried to get support from LG to no avail. I told myself not to EVER buy LG products again but after 8 years and a "great price" I went against my instincts and purchased a LG 70" Ultra-HD TV. Well here I am AGAIN just 2 short years later with a behemoth mounted to my wall that won't work. My only saving grace to this episode is I did spend the extra money for an extended warranty. Still waiting to see how this turns out, hoping the repairman the warranty company sends has the proper parts to get this P.O.S. working again...My recommendation is to save yourself the time and aggravation and buy another brand!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

My 55" LG OLED TV began to exhibit noticeable permanent image retention (burn-in) after less than two years of normal use (~3-4 hours/day of varied broadcast and cable program viewing). Review sites seem to be divided on how serious or common this problem is, but in my case it happened and it mars an otherwise beautiful picture.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

55 inch TV works in every way. 13 months after we bought it we woke to a loud crash as the legs split and the TV fell over. My husband had wondered about the legs when he put them on and now we wish we had reinforced them or mounted the TV... Costco said there was nothing they could do as a year had passed and reading the other posts here did not give us hope that the local LG store would help either. We will not buy an LG again and we are sharing our experience with everyone we know...

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

We purchased this TV, model 55UJ6300, 55" from Best Buy on 11/12/17. The picture was great and it worked wonderful with no problems. On 11/23/18 at 1:30 am, we woke up to a loud crash. The plastic TV legs were shattered making the tv fall to the ground from the entertainment center and crack the screen. We gathered the receipt and boxed the TV up to go back to Best Buy. They told us they could not help and we had to call LG Customer Service.

I called from the store and was told the warranty had expired (12 days ago). He said the warranty didn't cover cracked screens. I told him the only reason we had a cracked screen was that the piece of crap legs broke into pieces and the TV crashed to the ground. He asked for my address and said he would check the out of warranty schedule. He came back after putting me on hold and said there was no service technician in our area. I said I didn't want service, but a new TV.

The legs on this model were so cheaply made by plastic that they cannot support the weight of the TV move than a year and 12 days! What does that say for the safety of this TV? What if it had crashed on a small child? This is defective, unsafe manufacturing practices and failure to back-up their products is absolutely unacceptable. Best Buy did nothing to help either. DO NOT BUY PRODUCTS EVER AGAIN FROM LG OR BEST BUY! We are making it our mission to tell the world about this!

Original review: Nov. 24, 2018

I bought my 55 inch Smart TV back in 2017, last month one of the boards in the back failed and it would no longer show any picture. Called LG customer support and after a week of back and forth calls was able to get them to schedule a technician to come fix it. Technician replaces the board and now barely a few weeks later the sound completely fails. These TVs are garbage, go with another brand.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I bought a 50” high definition TV 4 years ago and still works perfectly. Picture is clear. No problems at all. It also works with 3D and no problems. I just wanted to review to help because sometimes I want to see the reviews before buying and is great when you can purchase based on people experiences. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Purchased 55" OLED TV just under 3 years ago, great TV best picture until it stop working. Diagnosed Panel needed to be replace to expensive to repair unless LG would authorize repairs. Contacted LG customer service. Was told my case will go to the executive department and they will call me 2-3 days. A week later I called again after being on hold for 20 min. I finally got through not letting me explain my problem. She sounded like she was reading from a script that I was out warranty. THEY DON'T CARE WHY THEIR PRODUCTS FAIL.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

In January of 2016 bought a 55" LG Smart TV from Best Buy. 2 months after purchase TV would not connect to the internet. I Called LG and was told the Geek Squad would be coming to look at it. In the meantime the TV would not even turn on. Geek Squad came and diagnosed it as a bad motherboard and wifi board were no good. 3 weeks later TV finally worked until a year to the date got the same issues again!!! So I called LG again and now here it is Nov. 2018. 25 calls later escalations to the "back office" and still nothing. Today I have been on the phone with LG for the last 2 hrs and still nothing! LG if you are reading this shame on you and your crooked ways! Take my advise people. DO NOT BUY FROM LG or BEST BUY. Both are crooks!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Less than 1 yr, this TV has been broken twice, under the warranty but their Customer Service Dept are the most unprofessional people that I had to dealt with. After expending all this chunk of money, thinking that I was really upgrading my TV, I regret it SO much. Right know I’ve been sitting at home without a TV under a warranty and LG can’t find no one in my area to service it. SHAME OF YOU LG. Do yourself a favor, don’t buy any LG product!!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I bought LG 42LK550. It works good until out of warranty time. I rare watch TV. 1 or 2 hour per week. But it only last 4 years with everything feels like new. LG also disable YouTube service even though it worked when I bought it. I spend $800 from Sam's Club. TV now cannot turn on. Google it, found and diagnosed myself because LG not supply any parts. YouTube shows most people put mainboard into oven to bake it to restore the TV. So I did the same, it works but only last few hours and fail again. Now I have to find some place to trash it because Waste company refuse to accept the TV as eWaste. I have to pay $25 to send trash disposal. Feel guilty for looks new TV to be dump as trash and harm our environment. And Google found, LG has electronics board failure for all of their product. So please stop buy any LG electronics if you are a responsible consumer and love to protect your environment.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Back in January 2017 I bought a 40" LG TV for my RV. I have Less than 10 hours on the TV, NOT DAYS, WEEKS, MONTHS or YEARS. I'm talking HOURS. I called LG, they told me that it was out of warranty and there was nothing they could or would do. They did offer to send out an TV Service Technician at my expense. After reading other Reviews about my issue on why the TV won't work, I found out that it is a common issue with LG TVs (Will not power on). LG denies that there is a problem. I talked to BEST BUY where I bought the TV. Was told since I did not get the Geek Squad Service Plan there was nothing they would do. They told me it would cost me more to get it repaired than I paid for the TV. I would NEVER buy an LG Product again. I highly recommend you do not either. It also seems that Best Buy would want to take care of their customers. I do not know if I would buy from Best Buy again.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I purchased a 55 inch 4K TV from them on 9/24/15, watched it 5 times, no not 5 yr, 5 times and now it no longer works. I also purchased a 3 yr extended warranty from SquareTrade, since I new LG warranty was over, I called them and would you believe my 3 yr extended warranty expired the day before I contacted them??? So what did I do I called LG and explained to them, I only used the TV 5 times and that I realized that the warranty has needed, but a TV should not stop working after only watching it 5 times, and that I have several other brands of TV's, one almost 20 yrs old, another 8 yrs old and they still work great, and the rep would say, is I’m sorry, but the warranty has expired. This is unacceptable, I’m out $1000.00 dollars, LG and SquareTrade are a bunch of scam artist, do not buy any LG products and SquareTrade Warranties.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I purchased this TV Earlier this year, and it stopped working in less than 6 months. It stopped displaying picture and sound for no apparent reason. Because it is less than a year old it is still covered under LG’s manufacturer warranty, but my experience with trying to get it fixed has been the most frustrating and arduous customer service experiences I have ever dealt with. First they made it haste to start the repair process, because my receipt was digital and not paper (it's 2018). After several phone calls and arguments with customer support, they finally approved it for repair under the warranty.

Instead of sending an LG technician to fix it, they hired a third party repair company in my area to handle the repair. That company (Tanstel Electronics in Duluth, GA) took several weeks to finally make it to my home, and were unable to fix the TV when they did. They were also unresponsive and dishonest over the phone. For this reason I requested a new repair service from LG support, so they sent a real LG technician.

Since then they have ordered 4 parts, and made 3 more visits but the TV has yet to be repaired. Each attempted repair has cost me hours of my time, and I have burned several vacation days for nothing. It has been almost 3 MONTHS now and nothing has been accomplished. I submitted a request for a refund and they never got back to me. I URGE YOU NOT TO BUY LG PRODUCTS. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have brought this LG 80 cm (32 inch) Full HD LED TV couple of years ago and as soon as the extended warranty period got expired, the TV stopped functioning. Last year in September we have got the TV repaired and it costed us 5k INR and the product which got replaced (LED Strip) has come up with an 6 month warranty and again exactly after the warranty period the same part got damaged and this time I have decided not to get it repaired and there are so many Top Chinese brands out there in the Market who are providing a brand new 32 Inch TV for 13k which is double than that of repair cost but by buying extended warranty on top of that at least you are safe for next 2-3 years. Am terribly disappointed by the LG products and their service and their products are not worth for the premium that we are paying.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I purchased two LG OLED TVs. One works perfectly the other does not go on. LG claims there is physical damage and they are not responsible. The seller “Abe’s of Maine” is denying responsibility. I have never touched the TV. The installer advised me that one TV does not turn on. I am now faced with a repair that cost 80% of the purchase price of the TV.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I just returned a 3 month old 43" LG Smart TV to Costco today, after owning it for 92 days. Costco agreed to a courtesy return, because I had exceeded their 90 days electronic return policy. The reason why I returned this television was because LG no longer allowed me to watch my TV after I refused to agree on a pop-up contract, which curiously was introduced to me precisely AFTER having owned the TV for 90 days.

The content of this pop-up contract is not only outrageous, but designed in such a way that it forces the customer to agree to its terms. These terms are almost identical to the invasive terms and conditions consumer attorneys in a class action lawsuit against Vizio successfully argued. LG demanded me to agree to allowing them access to my IP address to collect data for more detailed personal information - including my age, sex, income, household size, address, phone number, email, other social media accounts, my viewing habits, the right to share any and all of information LG collects with third parties to target me with customized ads & shows, when I pause a program, how long I pause it for, what time I watch, and much, much more. It even goes as far as analyzing my voice!

If the LG TV owner does not agree to ALL of these LG’s terms, any and all TV viewing is permanently taken away. A static picture appears instead and remains thereafter, unless one navigates back to the terms and conditions. Even though it states in there that not agreeing will only disable SOME of the TV’s features. Worst of all, there is no opt-out button, nor an option to partially agree with these invasive terms. It is either agree, or no more TV watching. Had Costco not agreed to take the unit back, I would have been forced to sell it on Craigslist or elsewhere for a reduced price. I was outraged and felt blackmailed.

In addition, I found the timing of 90 days very curious, and I’m not one to believe in coincidences much. It leads me to suspect that it must have been known to LG that I purchased this TV at Costco or a similar store with such a generous 90 day return policy, because LG waited to target me on the very day they were sure that my return policy had expired and I could no longer return the TV. Like my son has for over 3 months, I now also own a Vizio, purchased today at Costco. If Vizio does the same thing to me as LG has, I will simply never buy a Smart TV again until these ** attempts of me and my family’s right to privacy have vanished from the industry.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

After reaching out to customer service twice and waiting over a month for response I warn all people considering a new TV to avoid LG brand. They refuse to update the webOS and refuse to discuss it or answer questions when you call their customer service line. You would be better off with a $20 Fire stick on an older TV!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I bought an LG 55" tv on Black Friday 2014. My mom on the same day bought a Westinghouse tv which was also on sale. I chastised my mom to buy the "better" brand but she refused because the Westinghouse tv was so much cheaper. Guess whose tv lasted the longest and is still working? My mom's Westinghouse tv. The irony does not escape me. As with so many others my tv just died out of nowhere with the screen turning off and on over and over again. LG will not fix it because it is out of warranty. This isn't my first incident with this SCAM of a CRAP COMPANY.

We have an LG refrigerator that fell to pieces within 3 years with all the plastic drawers breaking off and in 2015 my LG STYLO phone was littered with bugs which made the phone UNUSABLE. This is the LAST STRAW. I will never buy from you ** again and I will scream from the mountaintops to all that hear my voice not to waste ONE PENNY on your ** PRODUCTS. I pray you go bankrupt someday for how you treat your customers!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

On 9/16 I purchased a 50 inch LG smart TV from Best Buy in Texas. My TV has cut off by itself several time and then yesterday the TV cut off and will not come back on. I have called LG several times in which I was told something different each time with no resolution in sight. As a consumer I am very very dissatisfied with LG that no recall has been made regarding these issues. This manufacturer needs to compensate each consumer regarding their lack of customer service.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

In December we bought a LG OLED TV and soundbar. We have been having problems with both for the past 4 months. LG says they will send a email or call but they never do. The TV has been repaired both times with a new motherboard. The first time was because of the sound. You could only hear background noise. The second time because it would not connect to the internet. The TV says every day no internet connection but when you go to the LG website it has not problems connection. One person I talked to from LG said just use your cell phone as a hotspot. They will not take responsibility for their faulty product. It is not our internet or problems on our end.

The TV is still under warranty. The guy who repaired the TV said he will not come back out because LG did not pay him for one of the repairs and are saying he is doing fraud. We have explained this to LG every time we call. The sound bar has been sent in two times for repairs for making a popping sound. Even when it is off you can hear the sound bar make a popping sound. They asked for a receipt and was going to replace it. We have not heard anything back yet. Do not buy LG. The customer service is horrible and they do not want to replace anything. They will just give you a runaround.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Had the TV 1 month before it broke. LG sends an "authorized service center" to repair the TV. They have been to my home 6 times and attempted the repair twice and it’s still broken and now it’s scratched due to the technician scratching it during the install of the part. It is now 2 months after initial contact with LG and my TV is still broken. I have contacted them today and they are now saying that the "authorized service center" is responsible and that I need to go after them. This is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. I did not contract his person, they did. And now I have to pursue them and possibly take them to court? This is unacceptable. I will never own another LG product in my life and I suggest you don't either!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I’ve been having issues with my LG TV since MAY. He has come 2 times to my house and both times he has failed to fix it so he wanted to take the TV home to “test” it so I agreed. Now mind you this is after several emails and calls that were unanswered because he thought I was rude. So he took my TV on a Thursday and tells me he will keep in touch with me on how things were going. Well that never happened. I contacted him several times with no reply then I finally get him on the phone after calling LG for the 3rd time. Made arrangements for him to drop off the TV at 7 am Saturday morning. Well he never showed up and he said he was having phone issues and I totally understand but it was frustrating.

I’ve called the police as well and then guess what HE BLOCKED MY NUMBER AND STILL HAD MY TV! So again I called LG and miraculously he finally responded and he made an arrangement to drop off the TV. This was happened on August 20th. Now it’s been a week and again it’s not working! I refuse to call him back but honestly now all I was is my money back but that will never happen! I have very text going back to may when this all started. PLEASE I WANT MY TV TO BE FIXED AND HE WON'T RESPOND TO US.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I purchased a 42 inch plasma TV in 2015. The television worked fine for about 3 and half years, then it started shutting off and on intermittently. I called customer service. Now his service engineer is saying, "Your screen is gone. You have to buy new screen or new TV", what to do now? Please suggest. I have lost our money in 3 and half years. The TV is out of warranty, they have refused. Requesting to all buyer don't buy LG product. His life is just 3 yrs. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS LG PRODUCT.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

We purchased the LG TV a little over a week ago. It's a 65 inch LG and we've had nothing but problems with it and have given up trying to use LG support. The remote doesn't always work and has to be reset continually. The TV screen will suddenly go black when we're watching a program and/or trying to select a channel. We are taking the TV back to the store where we purchased it. I will never again by an LG TV. Had I done more research, I would have read all of the negative comments about reliability with the LG TVs. We'll be purchasing another brand.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I purchased a 60 inch plasma TV in 2013. The television worked fine for about 3 and half years, then it started shutting off and on intermittently. I looked online to find a solution, but it appears that this is a widespread problem with many of their TV sets. I called customer service numerous times in an effort for them to stand by their product and send someone out to repair it, but since the TV is out of warranty, they have refused. I escalated this matter up to the executive level, only to receive the same response. Based on the information I have received online, it appears that LG uses substandard parts in their units which in many cases cause frequent failure.

There are hundreds of complaints on their website and in forums all over the net, yet they refuse to offer their customers any compensation. This company seems to believe it to be acceptable for a product of this value to have a useful life of 1 to 5 years. Call me old school, but this is NOT ACCEPTABLE, and I will not accept their paltry offerings, and poor customer service. I will never purchase anything from LG again. That is a promise.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts, movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs