LG TV

LG TVs
Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.28/5

LG TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TVs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

Seeing multiple burn in issues with the LG Oled TV. LG replaced the panel once and again the same issue popping up. Now LG customer service does not even care to fix the problem. The latest case# **. The product seems pathetic and lg’s customer service does not seem to care about its customers.

LG TVs response

Hello Prashanna.Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I purchased an OLED TV two years ago. After one year, the TV suffered terrible banding on the screen. LG did replace the panel but within 3 months the same occurred. LG blames me for what they call burn-in. However, I have no kids in the house, I have no game consoles, and I don't watch news shows with banners. I have now argued with LG for over a year with some time off since I developed lung cancer. Like LG could care! Again, LG recently denied that I was sold a lemon and insists that it is my fault. They have told me on more than one occasion that their screens will suffer burn-in if watched more than 1 or 2 hours continuously.

How do you like them apples? Forget about watching the next big game. I have other major appliances from LG but I now have to question whether to do business with LG again after they just screwed me out of $2000. I am now stuck with a TV that can't enjoyably be watched since the picture is degraded to the extent of annoyance. Being retired and on a fixed income does not allow me to just run out and spend money I don't have to buy another TV. I say shame on you LG!

LG TVs response

Hello Anthony. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I just moved into my new home and saved up for a 55” LG TV. The legs on this are absolutely terrible. I put them on and screwed them in place to make them as sturdy as possible and it was still incredibly wobbly. Tonight, for NO reason, one of the TVs toppled over onto my head and completely smashed. I was not making any movement that would cause the TV to fall over and now I have no TV. Also might have a concussion too. Thanks LG! Now I have to drop $500 more on a new TV and god knows how much on a hospital bill.

LG TVs response

Hello Savannah. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Oct. 9, 2020

I made LG LED TV complaint on 26-9-2020. After several calls, a technician visited my home and said motherboard was damaged and to be replaced. He charged Rs.400/- and left away. After pursuing several times, another technician came to my home and collected my TV to Service Centre on 08-10-2020 i.e. after 12 days. Today i.e. on 09-10-2020, he asked over phone and intimated that now TV is repaired and come to service center and take TV. When he takes TV from home, he should bring it back to my home and hand it over to me. But they failed to do so. After 13 days of complaint, now I am going to service center to hand over my TV. How many days, you take to repair TV? How do you treat your customers? People do not feel responsibility here. Can I recommend anyone to buy LG TV now?

LG TVs response

Hello Prudhvi. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Oct. 4, 2020

I purchased a brand new 65” LG C series OLED on 11/18/19. On 10/3/20, the TV shows only a thin red line for 1/3 second when turned on and shuts off. There was no physical damage to the tv, it worked the evening before. LG refused to honor any warranty since I was unaware that I had purchased it from an unauthorized dealer. I am forced to discard the TV which cost me almost 3K, even though LG was aware that it was a defect in that model. I consider this not to be reputable behavior and surprised that LG would treat loyal customers so poorly. Their products look very nice but are not reliable and they don’t stand behind them. I would have had the same issue if I had exceeded the 1yr warranty period.

Unfortunately, my credit card company changed their policy 2 months before my purchase without notifying me that they no longer extend manufacturers warranties. If LG makes good on this purchase, I will retract this poor review but until then, I would advise not to buy any of their products because of how poorly they treat loyal repeated customers. They could have at least offered a discount on a replacement item.

LG TVs response

Hello Jonathan. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Sept. 30, 2020

Ordered an LG 75nano91ana TV, delivered quickly by Costco. After wall installation I discovered the TV remote and Operation Manual were not included. The TV REQUIRED the remote to start installation. This was confirmed by LG tech support. LG customer service agreed to ship the remote, not overnight, but delivery in 7 to 10 BUSINESS DAYS. Not including the remote was incompetent. Replacing it by slow mail is ridiculous. My installed TV will not work for 2 weeks. Also, I was told the missing users manual would be emailed to me. It took 3 calls to LG before they actually sent it.

LG TVs response

Hello John. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Sept. 29, 2020

I bought an oled LG TV last December. My magic remote stopped working, the wheel broke away. The only way I could use the remote was to take the front off. They said I had took it apart so they would not resolve. This was in lockdown. I will never buy from them again. Absolutely disgusted at their help... Or lack off it. You have been warned!!

LG TVs response

Hello David. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

TV was purchased March 2019 and within 6 months the tv had vertical lines in a 6 to 8 inch area of the screen. I found receipt and registered the tv on LG's website which charged me 100 dollars for some reason but I needed my TV fixed. I filed a claim and had service center come out and say LCD panel is bad. They replaced LCD screen and fixed the issue until now. The tv is having the same issue in the same part of the screen except now it's worse! It looks like a barcode in this area and guess what, you guessed it. It's out of warranty! My wife bought this tv for our new house and it wasnt cheap, then add on the fact they charged a 100 dollars to register my TV is wrong. Maybe they will see this and exchange this defective product.

LG TVs response

Hello Brad. We apologize for the delay. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Aug. 27, 2020

We bought it for S$4399.00 in Y2017 and used 3-4 hrs daily. 3 years warranty just completed few months before and TV spoiled completely. Purple/Blue tints everywhere.. LG asking us to pay 2400 dollars for panel and 321 dollars for service charge to rectify this issue.

LG TVs response

Hello Jay. We apologize for the delay. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

We bought this LG 55" OLED TV on July 3, 2019 so it's just a bit over one year. While watching it about 3 weeks ago it just LOUDLY exploded, shot out white sparks about 12" out from the bottom left part of the screen and died a quick death. One year warranty? THAT should be one's first clue. If LG can ONLY give a 1 year warranty on a TV that costs THIS MUCH ($1749.99) US dollars then BEWARE Folks. Since we bought it at Costco the warranty was doubled so we are still covered.

We have never able to speak to anyone at LG, but C S Rep Mae asked for tons of info, which was provided. Meanwhile, Costco has set up a repairman to come to our house and fix it. We do NOT want this TV in our house. Between our 140 years lifetime together, ie, mid-70's each, we have NEVER owned a TV that exploded. There is NO damage to the exterior however; it's all internal damage. We want LG to give us our money back. WHY are we being FORCED to abide by their idea of "good enough". That's basically what they're saying. "Oh, be nice little customer, we'll just fix this, and now go away". That is how it feels in the way LG is IGNORING and not RESPONDING to us. We've sent at least 4 emails to them about this.

Are we wrong to NOT want to keep this TV? Doesn't it make more sense to LET us DECIDE WHAT we WANT done in this case? Fixing this TV is not a satisfactory solution. Because we live in Hawaii we have TONS of electrical issues and we just didn't think about that last year when we bought it. Everything and anything electrical just breaks down here due to the high amount of excessive moisture in the air. So we know this TV will have additional problems that may not not happen until we are out of the warranty. We cannot afford to be paying for Repairs every year. Due to this we're issue we're sure this is just the beginning of a long miserable relationship with all other kinds of problems going on with it. This TV IS A LEMON.

Has anyone had their LG TV Explode?? How do you all feel about this? Would you just quietly accept a "repair"? If I were to buy this same TV at Costco NOW I could get it for 100 less PLUS get a 5 year Warranty. That is what we NEED. We have NO faith in the TV and don't want it now that it's had this major EXPLOSION. We spent $1749.99 one year ago. We know we're getting the short end of the stick here and we can't get anyone at LG to respond to us to discuss other options.

What do we have to do to get our money back? Are we LEGALLY FORCED to accept this crap TV? Doesn't the Consumer have ANY rights or say so in the resolution of a problem like this? I JUST WANT MY MONEY BACK. I'll go buy a TV with a decent warranty, possibly an LG in a larger size. Don't you all think it's really cheeky to sell an almost 2K buck TV and only give it a 1 year Warranty? LG, why don't you have any faith in your product??? Now I sure don't. Shameful. Please let me know if you think I'm being too fussy or if you agree with me, thanks (if that's possible, don't know the guidelines, just signed up).

LG TVs response

Hello Susan. . We apologize for the delay. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG TV author review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team