LG TV

LG TVs Reviews

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I bought a OLED65B7 a year and a half ago. Great TV, amazing picture. Best picture IMO over any other tv. I noticed I had some burn in and some pixel degradation starting. I had bought an extended warranty because the set was $2500. I made a claim and was denied coverage because they said burn in was not covered by the warranty. The tv only have a year manufacturer's warranty. I contacted LG and they went out of their way to replace my panel. They are a company that stands behind their product. They could have told me no because it was out of warranty but they realized that the product should have lasted longer. I will keep buying LG sets. Superior picture with awesome customer service!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I have 4 LG TVs in my home. When I purchased my very first flat screen, I wasn't certain which brand to choose. I began doing my ratings research, and from the information provided, I chose to go with an LG. The ratings were based on price, visual display, sound quality, and ease of use of the remote features. Having been completely satisfied with the first purchase, I have since bought 3 more LG flat screens to replace the remaining 3 picture tube TVs, and have not had a problem with either. The name says it all, L.ife's G.ood!!!

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

We bought our LG Television a few years ago for an affordable price. The television is large screen and few people we knew had anything as nice. Now everyone has one, and even some have bigger TV sets. However, we have our LG which never gave us any problems. It has enough ports on it for our components and all are in the back of the tv, which makes me happy because I hate wires. LG has proven itself to be a great brand all around so far in not only looks but functionality.

Original review: March 12, 2019

While LG is known for solid electronics, it is sometimes overlooked as a premium named brand. We have 2 LG TVs in our home, a 55" LCD and a 42" older plasma. Let me say, over the years there has been zero issues with either set. Even after multiple interstate moves. The definition of the new TVs keeps going up and up, but there is no appreciable difference to the human eye at a certain point. LG fits the bill from price to diversity of products/features. My next purchase will be an LG television.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have had many LG products in my lifetime. By far this seems to be a better product, in the absence of Wi-Fi hooking up to most things on this TV ex: phones or iPod or for that matter any Apple products. Some of the wireless headphone sets do not set on this TV or even can be found to connect on this TV as well. It’s hard for me to watch TV at night when people are sleeping and I want to be able to use my wireless headphones to keep the sound quiet so people can sleep.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2020

After about 2.5 years of span OF my LED TV 32'' its screen became black, and after discussion with your representative his answer is it is a common problem with LG and I have to change some parts of its which value is around 12000 approx. Now in this cost it is better to purchase a new TV. I want some help with you regarding this matter.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

LG TV and YouTube TV have issues as I found out after purchasing an LG; several YouTube videos about it. Worst is when a show or game you are watching stops and you have to restart the dang TV to get YouTube TV to reset! Have tried multiple solution efforts to no avail. May have to trade for Samsung. Good picture though.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I purchased this tv in the summer of 2017. It was manufactured in March of 2017. The tv now has a black line across it. After calling a repair tv guy that LG gave me he tells me the part alone will cost 1657.16 before tax and shipping. I paid over $2400.00 for this tv (75in) and now after two years they tell me I am just outside my warranty and nothing they can do. The repair guy said this was the third LG with this issue but LG stood up and covered all charges for the other customers that was also "outside warranty". Not sure how LG can justify telling any customer they are on the hook to pay almost as much to fix the tv than what it cost just two years ago. This was the top brand and no way it should cost me this much to fix only after 2 years.

Costco asked me to call LG to work this out and was sure they would help me. After 3 calls all three told me I was out of luck. Have to call back Costco to let them know how the call went but still not sure Costco can help at this point. I just need help from LG to step up and cover the charges here to fix a top line tv that shouldn't be broke only after 2 years. No way a customer should be on the hook for a tv this new. No way an LG product should break this quick and the customer is told too bad. When I bought LG I thought I was getting the top tv on the market made by a great company. If I get a resolution to help fix I will update but at this point I will never buy anything LG.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I purchased oled55b9pua. I actually called to be sure that this TV was airplay compatible. However after following the instructions this did not work. You referred me to Apple who couldn’t seem to figure it out either. I’m very disappointed and I would never have purchased this TV without that feature included. What do you suggest I do?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

My LG 65' LED TV has a TV screen issue and required a replacement. My TV is still within warranty. However, after 3 weeks of waiting, I have no update on the status. After 3 weeks of waiting, on 6 Dec, I called the service centre and was informed that a replacement will be coming but they were not able to commit a date. I asked for the direct number to the team in charged but the person refused to share saying it's an internal number. He promised he will escalate the issue to the team. I asked for a status update on 9 Dec, but no one contact me.

On 10 Dec, I called the service centre again only to be informed that they will escalate to the team again. However, there is still no update or confirmation on when I can get a a replacement. To date, no one contacted me about the next step for my TV repair. This is a very disappointing experience with LG. Not only the product doesn't last, the company post-sales customer service is bad.

Not sure about LG TVs?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right TV Brands for you.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts, movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers and researchers.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team