LG TV

1088 LG TV Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 15, 2019

We bought our LG Television a few years ago for an affordable price. The television is large screen and few people we knew had anything as nice. Now everyone has one, and even some have bigger TV sets. However, we have our LG which never gave us any problems. It has enough ports on it for our components and all are in the back of the tv, which makes me happy because I hate wires. LG has proven itself to be a great brand all around so far in not only looks but functionality.

Original review: March 12, 2019

While LG is known for solid electronics, it is sometimes overlooked as a premium named brand. We have 2 LG TVs in our home, a 55" LCD and a 42" older plasma. Let me say, over the years there has been zero issues with either set. Even after multiple interstate moves. The definition of the new TVs keeps going up and up, but there is no appreciable difference to the human eye at a certain point. LG fits the bill from price to diversity of products/features. My next purchase will be an LG television.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have had many LG products in my lifetime. By far this seems to be a better product, in the absence of Wi-Fi hooking up to most things on this TV ex: phones or iPod or for that matter any Apple products. Some of the wireless headphone sets do not set on this TV or even can be found to connect on this TV as well. It’s hard for me to watch TV at night when people are sleeping and I want to be able to use my wireless headphones to keep the sound quiet so people can sleep.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

The tv was easy to set up and came with all the needed accessories. It has quick start guide to help you select the correct signal for your TV as well. I love the quality and the sound. Overall the menu settings are easy to read and follow. This TV even had an option for the visually impaired - it walked you through the steps on how to set up the TV. It also has an audio channel announcement as well.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I bought a LG 60inch Smart TV just under 4 yrs ago, plus the warranty. The TV had issues from the beginning. Sent to shop several times. I am not a big TV watcher and I travel with my job. Therefore it was not used a lot. About 2 months ago while home I noticed a white spot on the screen. I was not home long enough to get it handled at that time. I call about 2 weeks ago and a tech came out and said that LG does not correct the issue with the TV due to the cost of replacement part of $970 and they have a flat fee of way less. He called LG gave his verdict and told me that I would probably be screwed. Of course I was not please to hear that. But to my surprise my TV will be replaced with a new TV... Thank you very much LG and Cowboy Maloney's!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: July 14, 2019

LG intentionally deactivated their Built IN tuner. What good is a TV that can't get any channels? Their "FIX" is for you to go and buy an EXTERNAL tuner. It used to work just fine getting all the digital channels but overnight they sent out a software "FIX" to deactivate it. Their customer support plays stupid and has you go through resetting the TV to factory settings again which is time consuming and DOESN'T SOLVE THE ISSUE. They know this. But they want to waste your time. DO NOT BUY ANOTHER LG PRODUCT! YOU WILL REGRET IT IF YOU DO.

Original review: July 3, 2019

The LG OLED TV’s are simply the best picture you can get. These pictures are made up of individual pixels that are their own light source, not backlight like LED TV’s. Blacks are black without the bleed-through that backlight TVs suffer. The best way to describe it is any other TV is like looking at a good picture, OLED TV’s are like looking out a window.

Original review: June 29, 2019

We have a Sony Bravia that moved to the bonus room. Started looking for a replacement. We decided on a LG 65” smart tv. Can’t say enough how pleased with the price, picture and streaming. Have had absolutely a great experience.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I gave 1 star because I cannot give zero. I bought a LG 65 inch smart 4K TV just over a year ago. I paid $1200 plus tax. Today it would not turn on. Got the infamous red blinking light. Called a TV repair company only to hear bad news. $700 repair estimate. I was a little hesitant to buy LG after owning nothing but SAMSUNG TVs. 1200 bucks for a product that only lasts a little more than a year???? I will NEVER buy LG (Lota Garbage) again... NEVER!!!

Original review: June 20, 2019

I purchased 2 TVs, a 55LB5550 and a 50UH5530. The 50UH lasted 4 months. Warranty (twice) took 4 weeks. Broke on 6/18/19. The 55LB5550 lasted 18 months. How convenient. Both have been replaced with Samsung. Kept broke TVs with original boxes for class action should it ever happen. Conversation pieces at the home to show all my friends.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Every tv in my home is a Samsung, great picture, great sound. It really is a smart tv. You can add Roku, the Fire Stick. It has all these component you can add to it. I am a big, huge tv watching fan. I would surely recommend this band of tv. Try it. You sure would like it.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I love this LG tv. The sound quality is my favorite feature because I can put the volume at ‘6’ and volume is at a comfortable listening level. The clarity of the pictures also allow me to watch comfortably with or without wearing glasses.

Original review: June 13, 2019

We have purchased 50 inch LED smart TV 4 years ago in 94K INR. Suddenly one day morning it Display stop working. Raised the request, Technician just ON the TV and tell us the Display Panel need to change and it will cost 35K. After that we requested LG to send Technician again and open the TV to check the exact issue. But Technician had not visited and closed the ticket. Now LG customer care representative asking us to call service center and discuss. We experienced the LG Quality is Bad and request other people to not Buy LG products. We have worst experience with LG Services also. Earlier, we have used SONY TV for 15 years and it worked without any issues and after that I resale also.

Original review: June 10, 2019

My screen was replaced. The motherboard was replaced. They told me to upgrade cable box to 4K and the picture would improve. I did, but it did not. They told me to reboot it when item in settings are blacked out. Now it is shutting down then coming back, then off, then on, off, on off, on...! Again they want to send out a tech. LG says they will call me back tomorrow because the 40 minutes to help me is up?! This is the worse purchase, ever. I will NEVER buy another LG product! I cannot watch a TV that will not stay on. I am losing my vision and researched a long time for the best I could afford. I am a disabled senior and housebound, thought I bought the best but now I am doing without. I saved a long time to buy it and can't afford a new one.

Original review: June 1, 2019

22 May at 14:53 I paid £900 for a LG tv worst decision of my life. If you are thinking of buying a new tv don't buy an LG. ONE WEEK AGO 24 MAY. What's to explain. Your television are crap and I would not advise to buy anything from LG. I would go as far as to say Samsung would be a better choice as my last tv was a Samsung. Was 40% cheaper but was far better quality????

THREE DAYS AGO 29 MAY still have problems with the LG crap television I paid £900 for. I hope no one else is stupid as me and buy anything from this two bit company. Their produce is pure crap???? TWO DAY AGO 30 MAY. I wonder how much crap LG have sold today. ONE DAY AGO 31 MAY. A new day for LG to sell rubbish. TODAY 01/06/2019. It was certainly not a lucky day for me when I purchased a crap LG television and LG don’t get any gold stars for their manufacturing skills and customer service.

Original review: May 18, 2019

15 months old and it won't connect to WiFi and keeps saying, "Unknown device is disconnected." What a piece of junk. I will never buy anything from LG again. When I look on the internet and see the same complaints. They must know about the problem.

Original review: May 15, 2019

My LG television has always demonstrated clarity and great quality as far as color and brightness. Purchased this television three years ago and it acts as if it’s brand new and allows me to have messages and movies. It’ll last me to my settings as far as how many pixels I want. It is definitely a good investment.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Hi, I have been using LG TV, AC and washing machine. I thought LG provides good services and products, only to be disappointed as they don't. I bought LG TV 32 LH604T with 2 yr warranty and unfortunately at the end of 2nd yr the TV started showing colour distortion and I raised a service request one day before the warranty expired. The LG technician came and checked the TV and was not able to offer any solution or understand the problem, instead informed huge costs to fix the problem as they received the service request one day after as they were not working in the weekend.

This whole experience made me feel like LG doesn't have any respect for its customers nor proper procedures. What's the point in raising the service request when you people decide when you want to start working on it or even ignore the fact that the problem started within the warranty period. I felt I should share my experience with LG services and recommend not to buy any LG products as their services suck. Think before you buy LG... Life is ripped off if you buy LG is what I feel. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 10, 2019

LG is a reliable product for a reasonable price. It's not terribly fancy but the picture is excellent. We have two in our home. There's an excellent range of price vs. quality. The product lasts long and the picture is consistently sharp.

Original review: May 6, 2019

They're using garbage circuit boards that break after 2 years. I suggest you google these issues and look at other brands. There's a reason most LGs are less expensive than other higher quality brands such as Sony.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I had 2 tv's here that were not working, I had an LG 27 in and a Benq 27 in. The Benq was a quick phone call and the item was on its way to the repair facility to be repaired. The LG, I called once and gave them all the info they wanted, pictures, etc. And all was suppose to be taken care of, and no reply. Called back a week or so later, and after an hour of phone calls, and a lot of hassle, warranty denied. Choose a different brand for trouble free service.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I bought an LG, 49" 3 yrs. ago. And from day 1, I am in love with this TV, no it's not a smart TV, although I could have gotten one, I didn't want one. The picture is wonderful and the sound great. Very slim design and fits any decor. YES I would buy this brand again.

Original review: April 21, 2019

Paid almost $1800 for a 4k UHD tv and a little over a year later I have a white line going through the left side of the TV. Was told they can't do anything to help. Will never be buying anything LG again.

Original review: April 19, 2019

This is the best TV I've had in my room since I've been married. You can imagine having a 1988 one you have to turn by hand. If you're in the bedroom have to get up out of bed and turn by hand but this one is just great and it's got the most prettiest picture on it.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I just bought a brand new 75-in UHD TV and just went out while watching it on the 7th day. Technician found ants in it and said I cannot make a refund or replacement. How can an LG be attractive to ants. Had a Devant TV on same place for 4 years and I never had any problem on It. Now it's like flushing 3000 dollars out of the toilet watching a bad quality video on LG TV. I say don’t waste your money on LG at all.

Original review: April 16, 2019

By far the worst television I have ever owned! If my toilet was large enough I would flush it! I plan on leaving it on a corner somewhere with 500 dollars so someone can buy a new one. Don’t do it. Watch your tablet.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Any TV made in 2018/19 that is incapable of providing any means of adjusting brightness, should be a crime. I will never spend a cent on an LG product after being forced to tolerate this "TV" in a hotel. Worst thing I have ever touched in my life.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Decent product BUT they want you to PAY, PAY!!! A fee for the simplest tech advice on the TV settings. Never known of any company that won't give support free. This TV is going back. Chatted with 2 different support people, warned the second one not to send me to a site requiring payment, they did so anyway. Will not buy another LG product.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have shifted my LG LED TV model #42LM7610 from Kuwait to India, 6 months later the motherboard has an issue and the TV not displaying. As per the authorized LG technician the replacement motherboard has high price and they are not sure the availability, since the model is obsoleted.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I bought an LG tv in September and it stopped connecting to WiFi 4 weeks after purchasing it. I was unable to return the tv to where I bought it but the tv was under warranty with LG. Called customer service and was on the phone for over 2 hours, they were walking me through how to try and fix it and I did the same thing over and over but was transferred to 5 different people... Yes FIVE! Finally LG decided to send a technician out to repair the tv. The technician “fixed it” and it broke 20 minutes after he had left. Called LG again and they sent the technician out again after being VERY rude to me. Once again he fixed it and it worked for 2 days and broke again. Keep in mind I had to take off work and wait for this technician to come to my home.

After taking off work twice I called LG to request a replacement and they put in the request. A few weeks went by and I didn’t hear anything. So I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. Once again they claimed to file for a replacement. Didn’t hear back for a month!!!! So I called back and they told me a technician NEVER came to my house and I needed to have a technician come to my house 2 times in order to get a replacement. They called the repair shop and told them I was responsible for paying for the visit and parts WHEN THIS TV HAS A YEAR WARRANTY. I ended up selling the tv for parts and I win. Never EVER buy an LG product EVER again!

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts, movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs