LG TV

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.79/5

LG TV Shop Now on Amazon

Shop Now on Amazon

LG TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TVs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 21, 2021

Purchased a 3D OLED TV from Harvey Norman in Mackay on the 1/09/2017 for $4,995.00. Just out of warranty. With a fight they replaced the screen but not with a 3D screen an ordinary 2D screen. Within 12 months the screen they replaced has failed with the same problem. Now they only want to offer me $2,000.00 compensation.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
    Original review: April 9, 2021

I am very disappointed in LG's OLED TVs. First off, I think it's ridiculous how they market these as having excellent picture quality but don't warn customers that you have to watch them with caution. If you leave static images on screen for too long, you risk the possibility of burn in which happened to me twice! The first time it happened, LG replaced my screen at no additional charge (Which is not recommended). After the replacement, my screen burned in again less than a year later even after my running the clear panel noise tool to help prevent it from happening.

I contacted LG support to inform them of the issue, and I was routed to executive level support who rudely informed me that they could not do anything since they'd replaced it the first time. This is after they admitted the TV I have does not have the appropriate software to help mitigate the burn in issue and it was no fault of my own. Ridiculous as I paid almost 2K for this TV. LG does not cover burn in for a reason and I personally think it's unprofessional as they know their TV's are susceptible to this issue and it's not just a "user error"!

Also, LG, why not warn customers ahead of time that they need to basically "babysit" their TV if they purchase an OLED and cannot watch it in a traditional sense (Meaning leaving it on sports for more than a few hours)? I have always been a fan of LG but this experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I would not recommend purchasing an OLED from LG. I hope your software has gotten better over the years bc the picture quality is great however; customers like me are left with almost 2k gone down the drain due to burn in that you knew was possible yet ignored to inform customers of. Your support team at the executive level needs to up its level of professionalism as well.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: April 8, 2021

My LG TV won’t hold an internet connection. I see many other complaints about this issue! Sad! I’ve only had the TV for a year! Their products are ghetto. Made to break after one year! So sad! I’m so mad right now!

Original review: March 31, 2021

TV comes with 1 year warranty as they don't last much longer than this. Mine managed to last 3 and a half years which is poor for the price I paid. Contacted LG and they didn't want to know. LG stands for Low Grade. Do yourself a favour and avoid this company. I would suggest your money would be better spent with Samsung or Sony.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I purchased my television on January 27th, 2020 and by the end of July 2020, it began turning itself on at random times all by itself. After multiple attempts to get the tv repaired without finding a repair person in my area and waiting several months, I finally insisted I receive a new tv or a full refund. I began trying in late October to get a prepaid label to return my tv for a full refund. I finally received the label and my tv was received by LG in Duluth, GA on 1/19/21. Since that time I have made multiple attempts either by texting the RA Department, emailing and calling. I have so many notes, dates, who I spoke with, etc. At this point, I’ve spoken to no less than 6 individuals in the RA Department and Executive Services since 2/1/21 to see where my check is after being told originally the check would go out on 2/5. My last call was 3/2 with a promise of getting my check but still nothing has happened. LG has much to improve.

Resolution response: April 9, 2021

The rebooting issue appears to be caused by an incompatibility with my Netgear ethernet switch and the TV. Perhaps the power over ethernet was causing damage to the control board. Not sure. After plugging ethernet directly to the wall there appear to be no issues. Thank you for service. Tai was thorough in troubleshooting and repair. Disappointed that LG customer service would not provide service until I reviewed on Consumer Affairs.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I bought a brand new 60 inch 2018 flatscreen TV for $880 at Best Buy and only 2 years later it is turning on and off all the time. Customer service is denying me coverage when obviously there is a flaw with this batch because I see other reviewers having the same problem. I'll never buy another LG product!!! Garbage.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I purchased a 55 inch TV for my son for Christmas in December 2019 expecting this to be a wonderful gift that he could enjoy for several years and here we are just barely over a year later and the tv has blacked out. There is sound but just a black screen. Sadly the company says it’s over a year and the warranty has expired. I find it hard to believe that a tv only lasts just over a year. Now I’m concerned about my new house full of LG appliances (approx $10K worth), will they be breaking down sometime soon too? Sorry but this is just unacceptable, there is obviously an issue with a tv that dies after just over a year! I’d expect more from LG.

Original review: March 7, 2021

I am a bit frustrated with LG and my 50 inc TV. All of sudden Black Out and it's only display LG logo for Second and disappear. It's hardly acceptable that Branded company like LG produce TV which has to stop working within 4 years. I recommend no one buy any LG TVs until they gave 10 years default manufacturing warranty.

Original review: March 5, 2021

I purchased an OLED TV from LG Canada through Best Buy back in 2017, delivered in 2018. It had issues from day 1, burnt pixels, turning itself on & off and was initially replaced by Best Buy but the issues resurfaced and contacting LG was completely humiliating, they made fun of me! I was told they don't see any issues and even if they do, they won't fix it or care if I lose trust in LG! Is this really what LG is going for these days? I had purchased many LG products from phones to TVs & monitors for many years but I wouldn't buy anything with LG ever again. A premium expensive TV shouldn't be this terrible.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: March 4, 2021

Don’t buy! LG TVs only last for 2 years (if that!) with only a 1 year warranty!! They won’t fix anything after that. Ours is less than 3 years old now and won’t keep a connection to WiFi anymore! I contacted customer service and they said it’s too far out of warranty. Are you kidding me?!! Will never ever buy or recommend LG TVs again!

LG TV author review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team