Quit paying for costly home repairs

LG TV

Quit paying for costly home repairs

LG TV Reviews

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I purchased my LG TV at a very good price and wasn't too sure about the brand, because I have never owned anything from LG. It turns out that it is the best TV I have ever owned and I have owned a lot of TVs. I have owned Sears, Phillips, Curtis Mathis, Sony, RCA, Samsung, and some I cannot remember. Of all these the LG has the clearest picture and the most amazing color. The sound is excellent and it works great with all of my computers.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I have 4 LG TVs in my home. When I purchased my very first flat screen, I wasn't certain which brand to choose. I began doing my ratings research, and from the information provided, I chose to go with an LG. The ratings were based on price, visual display, sound quality, and ease of use of the remote features. Having been completely satisfied with the first purchase, I have since bought 3 more LG flat screens to replace the remaining 3 picture tube TVs, and have not had a problem with either. The name says it all, L.ife's G.ood!!!

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 15, 2019

We bought our LG Television a few years ago for an affordable price. The television is large screen and few people we knew had anything as nice. Now everyone has one, and even some have bigger TV sets. However, we have our LG which never gave us any problems. It has enough ports on it for our components and all are in the back of the tv, which makes me happy because I hate wires. LG has proven itself to be a great brand all around so far in not only looks but functionality.

Original review: March 12, 2019

While LG is known for solid electronics, it is sometimes overlooked as a premium named brand. We have 2 LG TVs in our home, a 55" LCD and a 42" older plasma. Let me say, over the years there has been zero issues with either set. Even after multiple interstate moves. The definition of the new TVs keeps going up and up, but there is no appreciable difference to the human eye at a certain point. LG fits the bill from price to diversity of products/features. My next purchase will be an LG television.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have had many LG products in my lifetime. By far this seems to be a better product, in the absence of Wi-Fi hooking up to most things on this TV ex: phones or iPod or for that matter any Apple products. Some of the wireless headphone sets do not set on this TV or even can be found to connect on this TV as well. It’s hard for me to watch TV at night when people are sleeping and I want to be able to use my wireless headphones to keep the sound quiet so people can sleep.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Worst tv I've ever owned. Horrible. The sound is muffled. The HD is skewed. They've made it so when you put the wall bracket on it covers the area to plug in all your cords. I mean, seriously, do people look at things after they design it? And does LG look at the junk they sell...

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Purchase a 49" LG TV about 9 months ago. It decided to stop working. Instead of replacing the TV, LG said "We have to repair it." I said OK. Was told I'd receive a call from service within 2-3 days. A week later, I called back to find out where Repair was. They said "We don't have a repair company in your area." I said "Okay then, please replace the TV." They said "We have to repair it first." I said, Okay, then please repair it." REPEAT THE CYCLE. HORRIBLE customer service. I will never buy a LG again. Went out and purchased a SAMSUNG this evening.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I bought a LG 65" 4k smart TV less than 3 years ago and it has already shut down. All it does is blink three times and doesn't come on. Talked to company and all you get is the runaround and make it sound like it's your fault. What a waste of money and poor quality product. This will be my last purchase of an LG product.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Purchased 4 TVs from LG. 65 Inch. Rarely used. A few month old and in warranty. After 10 hours (yes ten hours not days) the TV does not work. The display is damaged inside. No picture. LG service center came, looked for 10 seconds and told me I have to pay 95.7% of the purchasing price to repair the tv... Calling service center: The LG people try to cheat me. LG means for me that I wasted money. Nothing else. As Darren of Gilbert wrote, good they don't make cars.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Purchased a 50 UHD. 4K TV. Less than two years it’s a paperweight. Customer service was useless. Acknowledge their product should last more than two years, then said “oh well”. The people I talked to at LG just don’t care that they are selling substandard products. Good thing they don’t make cars. People would die.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts, movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs