2.28/5

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

985 LG TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Purchased 55" OLED TV just under 3 years ago, great TV best picture until it stop working. Diagnosed Panel needed to be replace to expensive to repair unless LG would authorize repairs. Contacted LG customer service. Was told my case will go to the executive department and they will call me 2-3 days. A week later I called again after being on hold for 20 min. I finally got through not letting me explain my problem. She sounded like she was reading from a script that I was out warranty. THEY DON'T CARE WHY THEIR PRODUCTS FAIL.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

In January of 2016 bought a 55" LG Smart TV from Best Buy. 2 months after purchase TV would not connect to the internet. I Called LG and was told the Geek Squad would be coming to look at it. In the meantime the TV would not even turn on. Geek Squad came and diagnosed it as a bad motherboard and wifi board were no good. 3 weeks later TV finally worked until a year to the date got the same issues again!!! So I called LG again and now here it is Nov. 2018. 25 calls later escalations to the "back office" and still nothing. Today I have been on the phone with LG for the last 2 hrs and still nothing! LG if you are reading this shame on you and your crooked ways! Take my advise people. DO NOT BUY FROM LG or BEST BUY. Both are crooks!!!

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

Less than 1 yr, this TV has been broken twice, under the warranty but their Customer Service Dept are the most unprofessional people that I had to dealt with. After expending all this chunk of money, thinking that I was really upgrading my TV, I regret it SO much. Right know I’ve been sitting at home without a TV under a warranty and LG can’t find no one in my area to service it. SHAME OF YOU LG. Do yourself a favor, don’t buy any LG product!!!!

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I bought LG 42LK550. It works good until out of warranty time. I rare watch TV. 1 or 2 hour per week. But it only last 4 years with everything feels like new. LG also disable YouTube service even though it worked when I bought it. I spend $800 from Sam's Club. TV now cannot turn on. Google it, found and diagnosed myself because LG not supply any parts. YouTube shows most people put mainboard into oven to bake it to restore the TV. So I did the same, it works but only last few hours and fail again. Now I have to find some place to trash it because Waste company refuse to accept the TV as eWaste. I have to pay $25 to send trash disposal. Feel guilty for looks new TV to be dump as trash and harm our environment. And Google found, LG has electronics board failure for all of their product. So please stop buy any LG electronics if you are a responsible consumer and love to protect your environment.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2018

Back in January 2017 I bought a 40" LG TV for my RV. I have Less than 10 hours on the TV, NOT DAYS, WEEKS, MONTHS or YEARS. I'm talking HOURS. I called LG, they told me that it was out of warranty and there was nothing they could or would do. They did offer to send out an TV Service Technician at my expense. After reading other Reviews about my issue on why the TV won't work, I found out that it is a common issue with LG TVs (Will not power on). LG denies that there is a problem. I talked to BEST BUY where I bought the TV. Was told since I did not get the Geek Squad Service Plan there was nothing they would do. They told me it would cost me more to get it repaired than I paid for the TV. I would NEVER buy an LG Product again. I highly recommend you do not either. It also seems that Best Buy would want to take care of their customers. I do not know if I would buy from Best Buy again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I purchased a 55 inch 4K TV from them on 9/24/15, watched it 5 times, no not 5 yr, 5 times and now it no longer works. I also purchased a 3 yr extended warranty from SquareTrade, since I new LG warranty was over, I called them and would you believe my 3 yr extended warranty expired the day before I contacted them??? So what did I do I called LG and explained to them, I only used the TV 5 times and that I realized that the warranty has needed, but a TV should not stop working after only watching it 5 times, and that I have several other brands of TV's, one almost 20 yrs old, another 8 yrs old and they still work great, and the rep would say, is I’m sorry, but the warranty has expired. This is unacceptable, I’m out $1000.00 dollars, LG and SquareTrade are a bunch of scam artist, do not buy any LG products and SquareTrade Warranties.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

I purchased this TV Earlier this year, and it stopped working in less than 6 months. It stopped displaying picture and sound for no apparent reason. Because it is less than a year old it is still covered under LG’s manufacturer warranty, but my experience with trying to get it fixed has been the most frustrating and arduous customer service experiences I have ever dealt with. First they made it haste to start the repair process, because my receipt was digital and not paper (it's 2018). After several phone calls and arguments with customer support, they finally approved it for repair under the warranty.

Instead of sending an LG technician to fix it, they hired a third party repair company in my area to handle the repair. That company (Tanstel Electronics in Duluth, GA) took several weeks to finally make it to my home, and were unable to fix the TV when they did. They were also unresponsive and dishonest over the phone. For this reason I requested a new repair service from LG support, so they sent a real LG technician.

Since then they have ordered 4 parts, and made 3 more visits but the TV has yet to be repaired. Each attempted repair has cost me hours of my time, and I have burned several vacation days for nothing. It has been almost 3 MONTHS now and nothing has been accomplished. I submitted a request for a refund and they never got back to me. I URGE YOU NOT TO BUY LG PRODUCTS. I will never do business with them again.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2018

I have brought this LG 80 cm (32 inch) Full HD LED TV couple of years ago and as soon as the extended warranty period got expired, the TV stopped functioning. Last year in September we have got the TV repaired and it costed us 5k INR and the product which got replaced (LED Strip) has come up with an 6 month warranty and again exactly after the warranty period the same part got damaged and this time I have decided not to get it repaired and there are so many Top Chinese brands out there in the Market who are providing a brand new 32 Inch TV for 13k which is double than that of repair cost but by buying extended warranty on top of that at least you are safe for next 2-3 years. Am terribly disappointed by the LG products and their service and their products are not worth for the premium that we are paying.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2018

I just returned a 3 month old 43" LG Smart TV to Costco today, after owning it for 92 days. Costco agreed to a courtesy return, because I had exceeded their 90 days electronic return policy. The reason why I returned this television was because LG no longer allowed me to watch my TV after I refused to agree on a pop-up contract, which curiously was introduced to me precisely AFTER having owned the TV for 90 days.

The content of this pop-up contract is not only outrageous, but designed in such a way that it forces the customer to agree to its terms. These terms are almost identical to the invasive terms and conditions consumer attorneys in a class action lawsuit against Vizio successfully argued. LG demanded me to agree to allowing them access to my IP address to collect data for more detailed personal information - including my age, sex, income, household size, address, phone number, email, other social media accounts, my viewing habits, the right to share any and all of information LG collects with third parties to target me with customized ads & shows, when I pause a program, how long I pause it for, what time I watch, and much, much more. It even goes as far as analyzing my voice!

If the LG TV owner does not agree to ALL of these LG’s terms, any and all TV viewing is permanently taken away. A static picture appears instead and remains thereafter, unless one navigates back to the terms and conditions. Even though it states in there that not agreeing will only disable SOME of the TV’s features. Worst of all, there is no opt-out button, nor an option to partially agree with these invasive terms. It is either agree, or no more TV watching. Had Costco not agreed to take the unit back, I would have been forced to sell it on Craigslist or elsewhere for a reduced price. I was outraged and felt blackmailed.

In addition, I found the timing of 90 days very curious, and I’m not one to believe in coincidences much. It leads me to suspect that it must have been known to LG that I purchased this TV at Costco or a similar store with such a generous 90 day return policy, because LG waited to target me on the very day they were sure that my return policy had expired and I could no longer return the TV. Like my son has for over 3 months, I now also own a Vizio, purchased today at Costco. If Vizio does the same thing to me as LG has, I will simply never buy a Smart TV again until these ** attempts of me and my family’s right to privacy have vanished from the industry.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2018

After reaching out to customer service twice and waiting over a month for response I warn all people considering a new TV to avoid LG brand. They refuse to update the webOS and refuse to discuss it or answer questions when you call their customer service line. You would be better off with a $20 Fire stick on an older TV!

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I bought an LG 55" tv on Black Friday 2014. My mom on the same day bought a Westinghouse tv which was also on sale. I chastised my mom to buy the "better" brand but she refused because the Westinghouse tv was so much cheaper. Guess whose tv lasted the longest and is still working? My mom's Westinghouse tv. The irony does not escape me. As with so many others my tv just died out of nowhere with the screen turning off and on over and over again. LG will not fix it because it is out of warranty. This isn't my first incident with this SCAM of a CRAP COMPANY.

We have an LG refrigerator that fell to pieces within 3 years with all the plastic drawers breaking off and in 2015 my LG STYLO phone was littered with bugs which made the phone UNUSABLE. This is the LAST STRAW. I will never buy from you ** again and I will scream from the mountaintops to all that hear my voice not to waste ONE PENNY on your ** PRODUCTS. I pray you go bankrupt someday for how you treat your customers!!!

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

On 9/16 I purchased a 50 inch LG smart TV from Best Buy in Texas. My TV has cut off by itself several time and then yesterday the TV cut off and will not come back on. I have called LG several times in which I was told something different each time with no resolution in sight. As a consumer I am very very dissatisfied with LG that no recall has been made regarding these issues. This manufacturer needs to compensate each consumer regarding their lack of customer service.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

In December we bought a LG OLED TV and soundbar. We have been having problems with both for the past 4 months. LG says they will send a email or call but they never do. The TV has been repaired both times with a new motherboard. The first time was because of the sound. You could only hear background noise. The second time because it would not connect to the internet. The TV says every day no internet connection but when you go to the LG website it has not problems connection. One person I talked to from LG said just use your cell phone as a hotspot. They will not take responsibility for their faulty product. It is not our internet or problems on our end.

The TV is still under warranty. The guy who repaired the TV said he will not come back out because LG did not pay him for one of the repairs and are saying he is doing fraud. We have explained this to LG every time we call. The sound bar has been sent in two times for repairs for making a popping sound. Even when it is off you can hear the sound bar make a popping sound. They asked for a receipt and was going to replace it. We have not heard anything back yet. Do not buy LG. The customer service is horrible and they do not want to replace anything. They will just give you a runaround.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2018

Had the TV 1 month before it broke. LG sends an "authorized service center" to repair the TV. They have been to my home 6 times and attempted the repair twice and it’s still broken and now it’s scratched due to the technician scratching it during the install of the part. It is now 2 months after initial contact with LG and my TV is still broken. I have contacted them today and they are now saying that the "authorized service center" is responsible and that I need to go after them. This is the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard. I did not contract his person, they did. And now I have to pursue them and possibly take them to court? This is unacceptable. I will never own another LG product in my life and I suggest you don't either!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I’ve been having issues with my LG TV since MAY. He has come 2 times to my house and both times he has failed to fix it so he wanted to take the TV home to “test” it so I agreed. Now mind you this is after several emails and calls that were unanswered because he thought I was rude. So he took my TV on a Thursday and tells me he will keep in touch with me on how things were going. Well that never happened. I contacted him several times with no reply then I finally get him on the phone after calling LG for the 3rd time. Made arrangements for him to drop off the TV at 7 am Saturday morning. Well he never showed up and he said he was having phone issues and I totally understand but it was frustrating.

I’ve called the police as well and then guess what HE BLOCKED MY NUMBER AND STILL HAD MY TV! So again I called LG and miraculously he finally responded and he made an arrangement to drop off the TV. This was happened on August 20th. Now it’s been a week and again it’s not working! I refuse to call him back but honestly now all I was is my money back but that will never happen! I have very text going back to may when this all started. PLEASE I WANT MY TV TO BE FIXED AND HE WON'T RESPOND TO US.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

I purchased a 42 inch plasma TV in 2015. The television worked fine for about 3 and half years, then it started shutting off and on intermittently. I called customer service. Now his service engineer is saying, "Your screen is gone. You have to buy new screen or new TV", what to do now? Please suggest. I have lost our money in 3 and half years. The TV is out of warranty, they have refused. Requesting to all buyer don't buy LG product. His life is just 3 yrs. PLEASE DO NOT BUY THIS LG PRODUCT.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

We purchased the LG TV a little over a week ago. It's a 65 inch LG and we've had nothing but problems with it and have given up trying to use LG support. The remote doesn't always work and has to be reset continually. The TV screen will suddenly go black when we're watching a program and/or trying to select a channel. We are taking the TV back to the store where we purchased it. I will never again by an LG TV. Had I done more research, I would have read all of the negative comments about reliability with the LG TVs. We'll be purchasing another brand.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I purchased a 60 inch plasma TV in 2013. The television worked fine for about 3 and half years, then it started shutting off and on intermittently. I looked online to find a solution, but it appears that this is a widespread problem with many of their TV sets. I called customer service numerous times in an effort for them to stand by their product and send someone out to repair it, but since the TV is out of warranty, they have refused. I escalated this matter up to the executive level, only to receive the same response. Based on the information I have received online, it appears that LG uses substandard parts in their units which in many cases cause frequent failure.

There are hundreds of complaints on their website and in forums all over the net, yet they refuse to offer their customers any compensation. This company seems to believe it to be acceptable for a product of this value to have a useful life of 1 to 5 years. Call me old school, but this is NOT ACCEPTABLE, and I will not accept their paltry offerings, and poor customer service. I will never purchase anything from LG again. That is a promise.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

I purchased a 65 inch LG Smart TV around Thanksgiving 2017 and it had internet connectivity issues. I got it repaired 2 times under warranty but nothing got better. LG has a rule that tv has to be repaired 3 times before I get refund. Now they are not honoring the refund or calling the technician. Every time I call they say they are trying to contact technician in our area and I would receive a call back in 72 hours. I never received a call. When I call they simply put me on hold and then hang up on me. They even got me to refund department once but the refund department rejected the refund saying it has to be repaired 3 times. So now it's a cycle going on: They will keep saying, "We will file a refund (internally)" and they will reject the application saying 3 repair rule and try to find technician and then they won't find a technician to file a refund again but they wouldn't end up repairing or refunding.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2018

I purchased a 49 inch LG Smart TV in December and it stopped working in July. It is under a repair or replace warranty. I have contacted LG customer service 8 times and each time was told I would receive a call back in 72 hours. I never received a call. They stated that they cannot find a repair shop that services my area but that I am not entitled to a replacement because I haven't had it serviced! Catch 22. Now when I call they simply put me on hold and then hang up on me. They are clearly just not going to honor the warranty. I have filed a complaint with the attorney generals office. Beware of LG Customer Service. They lie!!!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I bought a LG 60inch Smart TV just under 4 yrs ago, plus the warranty. The TV had issues from the beginning. Sent to shop several times. I am not a big TV watcher and I travel with my job. Therefore it was not used a lot. About 2 months ago while home I noticed a white spot on the screen. I was not home long enough to get it handled at that time. I call about 2 weeks ago and a tech came out and said that LG does not correct the issue with the TV due to the cost of replacement part of $970 and they have a flat fee of way less. He called LG gave his verdict and told me that I would probably be screwed. Of course I was not please to hear that. But to my surprise my TV will be replaced with a new TV... Thank you very much LG and Cowboy Maloney's!

Original review: Aug. 8, 2018

Purchased our 55 inch TV in January 17 from Curry’s. Until a few days ago it seemed perfectly ok, however whilst watching a movie it just shut down and displayed the LG life is good screen and the only operation the remote could do is to turn the tv off or on again. Googled the possible problems and it’s most likely the motherboard gone ** up. Contacted Curry’s in the hope they’d honour the 2 year EU guarantee and no but what they will do is charge us £95 to collect the TV and diagnose the fault, if it’s a manufacturing fault they’ll refund the £95. If it’s not we lose the £95 and they’ll quote to repair.

Being a tad skeptical that any company will be anything but truly honest when it means they could be out of pocket I’m guessing it’s likely to conveniently not be a manufacturer's fault but I’ll update in due course. Since this has occurred I’ve researched a little and it would seem that the larger screen LG TV’s are prone to breaking down early doors??? So beware if in the market for a big tv.

Original review: July 23, 2018

This TV was purchased during August 2011 and has held up very well over the almost past seven years. It is a LED TV, 42 inch, 1080P unit. Its screen size fits nicely in the room where we use it (it wasn't purchased specifically for this house) and its screen output is clear and crisp no matter what the outside weather is.

Original review: July 22, 2018

Bought a new LG 55 Inch TV on June12, 2018. Turned the TV on July 14th and had nothing. Screen would just flash. Called the LG tech help line and they walked me through a couple of things then said they would have to send someone to fix it but it is covered under a one year parts and labor warranty so no worries. I got a reference number from them on the phone and went in to check the status the next day but the number they gave me was invalid. Went online to request a repair, sent a copy of the receipt at that time. Got an email from them a week later stating they needed my receipt so I sent it again. Still have not heard from them. Website says they will respond in 48 hours, that was a week ago.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I bought an LG 42" TV at Best Buy last week. I set it up and it worked fine. I bought an attachment so I could stream Netflix, etc. The TV worked fine on Friday morning. I left the house and when I turned it on that afternoon, it looked as if the picture had shattered. No one was home, but presumably there was some sort of impact damage. I repeat. No one was home. How could this be?

I returned it to Best Buy, but because of this damage, they couldn't refund or replace. LG Customer Service wasn't any help either. Best Buy did give me a discount on a new TV, as well as extended warranty. I replaced the LG with a Samsung. I haven't taken it out of the box yet, but will do so later this afternoon. I am absolutely not thrilled by this, and while I would love to get a refund from LG, my guess is that's not gonna happen.

Original review: July 21, 2018

I had to have the WiFi board replaced 6 months after purchase. I had to go through many phone calls and emails before they believed me. They kept asking stupid questions like have I reset my WiFi etc.

Original review: July 20, 2018

This TV is built from quality electronics. They are not mass produced with a bottom line of profit. They set out to build the best TV that could be built. To make a name as the best. Sony did the same but priced themselves out of competition. LG has the best picture I've ever seen, and I use to inspect for Sony. The price is no more than other brands, but the quality is superior. Also, the clarity of the sound is clear even across the room with people talking in the foreground. The picture has adjustments at the push of a button. The controls work well without having to read the manual every time you want to adjust sound or picture.

The ease of connection to peripherals is outstanding. Several sizes to choose from and solid body and screen makes it easy to trust when moving from room to room, or home to home. A remote that fits in your hand like it was made for you. And a stand that can be removed easily so you can hang it on the wall or leave it on and it fits all sizes of tables. I have owned several different brands of TVs, but this brand LG, is by far my favorite.

Original review: July 13, 2018

The tv has a great picture, but there are times when the sound will just stop. I had to restart the tv several times for the sound to return. Twice the sound went out and had to be repaired to restore sound. And tv was repaired several times. I thought there should have been a recall on this tv.

Original review: July 10, 2018

I have been using this brand for a very long period of time, it has not given me reasons to regret I got it. It is beautiful in appearance and IRS screen colour is bright and beautiful. Even when the current is too low it still make use of it and when it's too high it did not blow. This brand is very strong inside and outside.

Original review: July 4, 2018

LG add to landfill like no tomorrow, all they are worried about is bottom line. The product will fail in a short period, the service centers are crap. They offer no service. Because they do not care about their products. They will not help you with a problem, and cannot even support a product rubber washer if it is more than 7 years old. A company that has lost it way, move to other brands will awake them.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts, movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs