2.08/5
  • 1 star
Based on 150 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 7, 2017

879 LG TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

LG 42LD550 model. HDMI sockets all failed - web consensus is the motherboard is substandard; there are hundreds of similar reports with similar results: LG could not care less. I called their so-called customer service - there's an oxymoron for a start - and was actually accused of lying about the fault. "You should not believe what you read on the internet." I was also told by the most annoying, argumentative CSR I've ever spoken to. No resolution of course, no admission of poor quality products. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG product again, and advise everyone to do the same. What an expensive waste of money. I hope they go bankrupt.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Paid near $1000.00 for a LG smart TV. It was smart enough to know the warranty expired and broke 2 days after. Had this boat anchor repaired and it broke again after 10 months. LG's answer was to tell me where it could be fixed again. Thanks but it's an LG I am aware of the repair centers. I could rent a TV cheaper than this and all other brand TV's I own lasted for years not months. Now I'll have to pay again to get this pile of garbage hauled away. I will never buy another LG product. They don't stand behind their products and they are junk. Customer service is a joke. Try to leave feedback on their site they don't like and it is blocked. As customers we need to band together and file a class action lawsuit. LG knows their products are a consumer ripoff.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I bought an 84in LED UHD 4K TV(84UB9800) in Oct 2014 for close to $20K. In about May of 2017, guests in my home started to notice vertical grey bars on certain scenes. As it turns out, this issue, known as Banding, is well known within LG and has been experienced by many TV owners with TVs of different sizes. LG apparently knows about the issue as evidenced by their troubleshooting guidelines for this issue in particular. I certainly would have thought twice about buying LG TVs if I was told than banding was a known chronic defect that could manifest at any time. Let's face it, investing $20K in a TV that lasts just 2.5 years is a poor ROI. When I spoke to LG, they first advised going through the troubleshooting steps.

When I explained that banding was seen for every input, including the onboard apps, they sent out a tech and charged me $124 for the tech visit. The tech knew right away what the issue was and said the replacement panel will cost $4K. That would have brought my total investment to $24K. The labor to replace the panel would be $300. In the meantime, I found refurbished units and brand new units of the same model for between $4K and $6.2K. I asked LG why they thought I would do either, because even if I replaced the panel, the defect could occur with the new panel, and if I bought a new one, the new one would be subject to banding. When I asked them what motivation I would have to buy LG in the future, they said they could not answer that for me.

I could not believe the arrogance of these people. They would not even negotiate a lower price on the panel replacement. I had been a loyal LG customer, buying other LG TVs and appliances in the past, so negotiating would have bought them more goodwill and additional purchases. But, based on their attitude and this experience, I will never, ever buy another LG product. Obviously LG would not expect a customer to replace a panel for that cost. If their intention was to motivate me to just buy another brand new LG, then their intention missed the mark by thousands of miles. My advice: DO NOT BUY LG TVs, PERIOD.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Bought a 65" curve LG OLED tv, waited till we moved into our new house to use it but upon unboxing it, we realized it had a tiny cracked screen. We never even got to turn it on, now the tv has become a white elephant. Contacted Best Buy & LG, they said warranty is passed so they can't replace it. They however said we could repair it and this cost way more than the actual tv. Thinking of getting OLED, think twice. Still upset whenever I see the tv in our basement as we're still paying for it.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

LGOLED65 - I decided to Google the issue I just started having with my OLED that's 8 months old. After seeing some of the responses in this thread, I can see I'm not the only one having the issue of greenish blobs occurring on my screen. I called LG today, the tech remoted in through my android phone's camera and saw the issue, she put me on hold to show her manager. Once she came back on the phone she told me it would covered and replaced, I was unexpectedly surprised WOW am I really going to get good service?

Well after going through all the information exchanges, she told me that a repairman would be out to replace the panel, wait what? My response was "I would like a replacement NOT a repair person taking apart a practically brand new OLED." I informed her I've had experiences where this has happened with other LG products and they either send the wrong parts, forget my appointments, or make numerous visits without fixing the issue. I let her know I wanted a NEW set, I did just spend over 3,000. I asked to speak to a manager, she came back on the line and told me the wait would be too long and that a manager will call me back within 24 hours. Today is 11-20-17. Let's see what happens, I surely hope I have something good to say when I return here. Fingers crossed!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I purchased an LG 42" 3d TV and it required service 3 months after I bought it. Then 10 months later I had to pay to have it fixed. Then about 1 year and 11 months later it needed repair again. I contacted LG and they wouldn't pay to have it repaired. I bought a lemon from them and they don't care. Very poor customer service. They just don't care about customers. I would never buy a LG TV again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Big money corporations with big money legal teams equals no responsibility in this day and age. I am stunned to see how common this issue is with LG televisions. This is only one of countless sites of people with the same issue. Two year old TV and it's toast... menu and sound work but snowy picture screen with all inputs including internet! Unreal and not right. A major appliance manufacturer selling products with known defects and continuously getting away with it over and over again without addressing the issues. Imagine that!

I bought a complete LG kitchen set at the same time I purchased the LG 49UA6400-UF TV. Keeping my fingers crossed the set will last! This is without a doubt my first and last LG TV! If this is how they respond to their customers, virtually screwing them without a care in the world, then they have lost my business from this day forward as well! The only way to hold companies responsible anymore is to stop buying their products when they screw the public (the end-user) over! Way to go LG.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My LG TV Model 42LD550 worked well for about 5 years then I started having problems with it. To keep this short, all HDMI connections on my television failed! This is a common pattern with LG televisions. I cannot say if LG has corrected this but I'm still seeing post regarding this problem. Literally pages and pages on the same issue. I contacted LG and I'm sure they know about this manufacturing defect but refused to offer a solution other than for me to pay to have it repaired. I guess I'll purchase another TV, but it WON'T BE AN LG, that's for sure!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

LG OLED65 - We bought our TV in Nov 2016. In May of 2017 we started to notice a static green smudge on the screen. Over time we noticed a green line elsewhere on the screen. Over time, we noticed more and more green geometric shapes evolving on the screen. LG sent out a technician, and after multiple visits, he ordered a new screen. LG only sends out refurbished screens. They refused to replace the TV. The new screen was installed in June of this year. Two plus months later, the same problem evolved: First a green smudge, then more and more green geometric shapes. I called LG and demanded a new TV, since the new screen did not resolve the issue.

They refused. Instead of an LG tech, they referred us to a third party (TK), who said they can only do what LG tells them to do, and LG will only authorize another refurbished screen. Since our TV is wall mounted, it costs us $300 to hire someone to remove the TV and remount it afterward. LG refuses to replace the TV. Our warranty expires later this month. We asked LG what will happen if this new screen fails after the warranty expires, and they said "We will do our best to assist you." We asked if they would still fix the problem after the warranty expires, and they responded with the same canned response. Furthermore, the Customer Service refuses to provide the names of anyone higher up in the hierarchy who has the authority to fix our problem. I even contacted the CEO of LG, who never responded at all. HIDEOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I bought this LG OLED65C6P on January 15th, 2017. I just started noticing an image burn on it around 10/1/2017. I spoke with LG and they had me try their panel noise reduction on the TV. I did it 4 times with no improvement. I called them back to let them know, and to my surprise they said that image burn wasn't covered under the warranty. I was said the television is less than a year old and they said, "Sorry not covered under the warranty."

I said it was convenient that no one was told about it when they were purchasing the TV 9 months ago. I also now see a lot of complaints about the image burn issues online that were not available when researching the television. LG DOES NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCTS! They say it was in the user manual, which is nice since one wasn't included in the box when I bought it and it should have been a issued acknowledged and discussed prior to purchasing the TV.

At the very least a warning in advance from LG. Very poor business and warranty. Be forewarned, the television wasn't never used for gaming and only used to watch cable television. The programs that have banners that stay on the screen will create an image burn on your expensive new television that LG does not back up under warranty.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

The 60 in LG LED TV is worst the TV to buy. It only give you about 3 yrs of service. My LG is just 3 yrs like come home turn me on and all I got was black screen and no sound. Call LG customer service and then it's nothing they do. They rejected to repair my TV. I will never buy anything that is LG.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

We purchased LG TV 42LB6500 in Dec 2014. Everything was fine when I noticed in 4th October 2017 TV screen would start displaying white spots (18 spots). I called customer care and they said backlight having reflectors needs to be replaced and cost for the same would be INR 8000. We didn't expect this TV didn't work properly for not even full 3 years. We purchased and put lot our money to buy a LG Smart TV and it didn't work properly for 3 years. Really disappointing that company like you manufacture such defective pieces. You should sponsor my full-service amount.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Bought a curved OLED65C6P tv in November last year. Noticed a thin black line running down the screen which is now turning white about six months later. Called LG, "Oh yes we will repair or replace." I have called emailed repeatedly since August. No repairs and really no response. Did get one name of repair company. Called them two weeks later. They got no work order. Still have gotten no work order. Have an extended warranty with the company I bought from. They will replace it but I will lose my extended warranty. Never LG again!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Terrible customer service and products. DO NOT purchase LG products. I have two issues with the TV - LG 65” OLED 4k: 1. Text will become unreadable multiple/double/quadruple. 2. Shadow images. LG won’t fix either issue because both come from the same board and because there are shadow images they won’t replace the part under warranty. Do not buy LG products.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We purchased LG TV OLED65C6P 8/1/16; everything was fine until mid-January when my husband noted TV would suddenly lose the show he was watching and the screen would go white, psychedelic, and many different colors of the rainbow. It wasn't happening frequently so he did not mention. Starting in May 2017 it rapidly progressed; not only the colors but you had to shut TV off and on many times to get the picture back.

I first notified LG through their service call system. I contacted them at least 6 times before we got any information about repair services. Then we waited until they could find a certified repair service in our area that could do the repair. We have a service in our town but they require 2 techs to come out since the TV was bigger than 55" which ours did not have. Our first call was early June and we finally had someone come out early September. Our TV worked for about 4 days and again started to act up. Would go to white screen; say we weren't authorized to watch content of program; screen turn colors again. Again you had to shut off and turn on multiple times.

I sent an email to LG 9/27/17; received a scripted response 9/28/17 telling us they needed 1-2 business days to review case. It is 10/9/17 and we have still not heard back from them. This is the worst customer service we have ever experienced. When you call the service center, the same questions are asked and the exact response is given each time. I would never recommend LG to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

After eight (only 8) months after purchase of a LG 55" OLED, I started to notice weird image burns of blobs. I immediately contacted LG which requested pictures of image. After taking the unit to assigned repair techs, I was told they never have seen such image burns since the PLASMA days. LG refused to honor the 1 year manufacturer warranty for the image burn. I have filed inquiries thru the Better Business Bureau and LG continues to deny the warranty. Since, I have search online & it seems it's a rampant issue that is only getting worse as more of these OLED are purchased. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! STAY AWAY FOR THESE SETS!

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I bought a 55" LG TV, Model# 55LK530 for $1800... Not quite 6 yrs old and the t con board went out. Contacted LG and looked on internet and called repair shops. That part is not even offered. But they do offer the WHOLE main board for $904.65... Not very happy with this situation. Will not be buying an LG AGAIN! Will go with a brand that has been around and offers better customer service. Now I know why they can sell for lower prices, you have to buy a new one every 5 yrs or less. When looking for parts, My model number isn’t even listed anymore, maybe that’s why I got a good deal...???!!! They are obviously JUNK!!!

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

Bought the model 47LE5400 TV in Nov. 2010. In early 2013 started malfunctioning... Upon startup (intermittently) all of the controls lights would light up and stay lit, and a long beep. When this happened there was no control over the TV either with remote or on front panel. It would spaz out during this glitch and the volume would go up & down repeatedly on its own. I researched online and there were many forums where others had the same or similar problems with the model. I think there was a recall on it in Australia (can’t remember which Country).

Well I called them and lo and behold they gave me a “courtesy warranty extension”. I thought that was great at the time and they did in fact fix the TV in Mar. 2013. However since about May 2017 the same exact problem is happening. There is an obvious defect in their TV components. This time I was told to call a factory authorized repairman. Well no thanks, because they’ll just replace the defective piece with another defective piece at my expense. Then I’d get another 2 years out of the TV. Instead I’ll purchase a brand that is more reliable. NO MORE LG FOR ME!

Original review: Sept. 24, 2017

LG 42" Smart TV - Black Screen and other problems - Purchased this 3 years 4 months ago. One month after warranty expired the TV started turning itself off and then on again. Phoned LG support who were unwilling to do anything as it was now out of warranty. Since then loads of other problems with the TV guide taking ages and almost seemingly locking up. Last night the picture failed. I now have a TV with sound and a black screen. Apparently the first fail is to do with their energy saving and the black screen is because one of the circuit boards has failed. Personally I think a TV which cost several hundred pounds should last longer than 3 year 4 months.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

I purchased an LG TV from Amazon on December 14, 2014 for one of my guest rooms. The model number is 39LB5600. Three days ago I turned it on and it had 5 bright white "hot spots" on the screen interfering with the quality of the picture. I reached out to LG via their online email service. They did respond, but suggested I adjust the settings. Anyone could see that this is a quality issue with the product. In researching this issue, I found MANY people complaining about the exact same issue. Disappointed that LG should be aware of this "known issue" and yet ignored my complaint. I will not purchase another LG product because of the apathetic response I received.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2017

Sooo irate and disappointed!!! Wish I had come here for my review research, not just the Best Buy reviews, before making my purchase. Just like the hundreds of other consumers that have been totally ripped off by this company, I too, am now adding to the long list. After comparing several television options and with the help of the Best Buy "television specialist" (my Best Buy review is just as awful) my decision on the LG 55 inch, 4K, Smart TV MODEL #55UF6450 was the worst. After owning this model for only 18 months, the main board went bad and like so many others, I have spent an enormous amount of wasted time with the LG customer service reps, or the lack thereof, being jerked around by their so-called authorized repair "experts" quoting me a repair price of over $500. I was also informed by the LG company that buying the part needed outright from them and fixing the television myself, was not an option.

I've tried to find the part needed and is impossible due to the fact that the motherboard or main control board #EBT64048902 is a defective part. I will absolutely never purchase anything with the LG logo on it again!!! THIS IS A HORRIBLE COMPANY THAT DOES NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS AND HAS THE ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE... Now on to the BEST BUY review website to express my dissatisfaction for not supporting my purchase as well. :(

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

LG 50inch TV less than 3yrs old LED display not working - LED display keeps blinking. Customer service is pathetic, long wait, multiple call transfer and no help at the end. This display issue is a common with many customers complaining. I am long time LG customer with 3 TVs. I am no longer buying LG TV. The company not standing behind their product and they will not help you. Don't throw your $$$ into the drain.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

On 3/22/16 I purchased my LG TV "55 at a Walmart Supercenter. Since I purchased it I've had it at a wall mount so my kids can't reach it or it fall just to be on the safe side. Well on 7/3/17 my TV stopped working out of nowhere just started glitching when I tried watching anything on the apps. I don't have cable so I'm usually on the apps (Hulu, Netflix) or on my DVD. Well nothing worked so I called a technician that roughly charged me 84.50 just to come look at it at home. He said the main board was defective, and it would be around 400/500 to fix it with labor. Might as well buy a new one. Sad thing I don't have the money to purchase a new one. I would think after spending 713.29 for this one that it would last me more than a year.

So I contacted LG to see what they can do. They told me if I still had the receipt which I didn't but I went to Walmart to see if they can print me out something that verifies that I purchased it. Well they did. But LG didn't take it because it didn't have the logo of Walmart because it was a copy. The receipt had everything except the Walmart logo. Sadly they declined helping me because of that after all the trouble I had to deal with at Walmart because they wouldn't give me a receipt. They said they don't do that anymore. I had to talk to two different manager and plead to them but LG customer service was not helpful at all. Sadly my TV is still on the mount because I can't bring it down. Any recommendations?

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

The picture says it ALL! Never owned a worse TV and I'm a senior who has bought more TVs in my lifetime than can be counted on all of my digits (hands and feet)! Based upon the remarks here and the terrible customer service we all suffer to be associated with in non-customer support base that companies provide us with (i.e. speaking to a computer with very specific choices that leave out any real problems) - I will not call LG, but rather worn the world of the problems and let 'em burn with poor sales. Fight fire with fire!

Bought the LG 50" LED TV from Costco for $588 and have had for maybe 2 years at the outside. My recommendation is buy SAMSUNG and if you do happen to have problems... By-pass customer support and go to the national support lines and you'll get satisfaction... Computers and agents from India are NOT going to help. ANOTHER - avoid Home Warranty Company policies until they send you the complete policy with all small print... You'll find they are the biggest rip-offs of all (next to lawyers).

Original review: Aug. 23, 2017

IN SEPTEMBER 2015 I HAVE BOUGHT THIS TV (55EC9300-UA), against my better judgment. My wife liked it very much in the store, so I gave in. She was very seriously ill. Very unfortunately she passed away in December of the same year. So this TV was used for 3 month normally. After that this TV was used maybe a once or twice a month at best. Week or so ago, my son and I was trying to watch the one of his shows and screen went blank. Completely out. I have followed everyone's directions on how to reset and restart TV. NO luck. Called (chatted online to be exact) with LG representative, Went through the same re set routine, and at the end I was given two different phone numbers of local repair people, and was made aware of that my warranty is out (one year) and I am on my own.

I believe in at least if you charge 5,000 for a TV you should have a decency to check what is wrong after not two years. I was told good luck! Total rip off, people stay away from LG at all costs, I have a Samsung TV is 15 years old and Sharp 16 years old, never have even a hiccup. These people are scam artists. AS I PROMISE TO LG I WILL MAKE MY COMPLAINTS EVERYWHERE, and will continue as long as they sell their product in USA.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

I bought an expensive 3D 70 inch LG TV couple years back. Right at first year the sound went out, picture worked but no sound. I had purchased a 5 year in home extended warranty since TV is so big. Called warranty company and they put back on LG who finally sent service guys out. They replaced main sound board. It lasted like 2 days and sound went out again. Same guy came back and replaced main boards and the speakers saying they can short out the board.

Now 15 months later the video is out but have sound. Screen is all black. Called warranty company. They assigned a company who called and will not work on these units. So they are reassigning it now they say. We will see. Called LG. They are not helpful and DO NOT care at all. Service company thinks main board again. In a little over 2 1/4 years I will be on my fourth main panel. DO NOT EVER BUY ANYTHING LG. All junk. I have a 16 year old Samsung plasma and it still works great. Pass it on, LG sucks and will not stand by their products cause they make crappy products. Never again LG. Never.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I'll never buy an LG product (UF657700) again going forward. Got three year, no interest financing on my TV when I bought it, so I am still paying for it. Anyways, so my son is playing PlayStation the other day, and he goes something is wrong with the TV... Bottom 2/3rd of the TV is flickering. Now, I’m frustrated because I think maybe it's the PlayStation or whatever and nope it's the TV. So I call LG, they're completely useless and give me the number for their licensed tech in my area... He asks what the problem is and I tell him... He's like that is most likely the panel. He needed pictures to definitely see what the problem is, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet on that.

Now, typically if the TV was at an age where I thought it would be reasonable for something like this to happen... I would have zero problem with it and just buy a new TV, but it's two damn years old. No excuse for this. The first year it was barely used. Second year it got at best, moderate usage. If it was on 24/7 for two years then it's on me. I contact them again, and ask what the life expectancy is of their TVs, and get it's five years or more. Then get run around that it's out of warranty so tough **. I'm wondering if I can file a complaint with the BBB... There's ZERO excuse for a TV that costs so much to break 2 years after buying. I will never buy an LG product again, and will advise anyone I know to do the same.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

DON'T BUY LG! Purchased this TV (LG 70uh6350 Smart TV) from Costco 12/27/2016. When adding HDMI cable my 27 year old son who knows electronics very well removed the optical port cable for me when we took off the wall so I would not damage it and the port snapped and broke as soon as he pulled on the cable to remove it. Called Costco Concierge service as directed who in turn called LG who told us "NO Warranty" as we broke it.

TV is 6 months old with 3 year warranty! Spoke to supervisor at Concierge who called them back with no better results! Basically told me I'm out of luck. Called LG myself and they already had me in their system and they were VERY RUDE and told me no warranty, basically go pound sand! Took receipt up to Costco store and they were shocked at store level. They wouldn't even send someone out to look at it. Costco store manager told me to get estimate to repair and they would either pay for repair or refund. Estimate is over $500 and they have to replace the main board. PROBLEM IS THEY ARE ALL ON BACKORDER WITH NO ETA!

I have found out since then that this is a problem port for this TV as there are no boards available and even the refurbished boards are out of stock. Closest LG replacement TV is $800 more and I will not pay another penny for another LG TV and most likely won't buy from Costco as they told me this is a one time accommodation! ON A 6 MONTH OLD TV WITH A 3 YEAR WARRANTY! REALLY! LG IS A HORRIBLE COMPANY WHO DOESN'T STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS! DON'T BUY LG! If not for COSTCO standing behind them I would be stuck!

Original review: July 28, 2017

LG TV 60UF7300 - Barely a year and a half into buying this TV, it is unusable. I have had issues with this in past too. Now to fix the TV, they are asking that I buy a part which is about half the cost of the original TV. WHAT CRAP!! This is a recall situation. Based on what I see, this part goes faulty very often on this TV and many people have complained about it. They just need to recall the TV and pay us our money back. The part that's bad is a Main board which is about $400 on the web and mostly not available anywhere. The ones that are available are probably refurbished as they want you to send the faulty part back to them. I bet they know how to fix it and that's what they do. Fix it and sell it at $400 to the next guy. Very Very disappointed in LG. Life's NOT Good!!!

Original review: July 26, 2017

We bought two LG tv's at Best Buy in 2015. One of the tv's which is not used regularly went black and flashed a split second of the channel the tv was on. I called LG and they tried troubleshooting. NO LUCK!! I asked for a supervisor to help. I really think a tv should last more than 18 months, even though it is out of warranty. The supervisor's words were "It's man made, so you never know how long it's going to last" WHAT??? Are you kidding me. What a schmuck!!! Never again would I buy an LG tv or any other product that the "man made" people make. Very poor tv!!!

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts, movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs