LG TVs

4.0/5 (657 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About LG TV

LG TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I purchased my TV 55 Inch from T Nagar Show Room, Chennai, India this Oct 12. Within 4 days there was display problem and I complained on telephone. With nothing happening I used existing WhatsApp of LG and registered complaint on 20th. TV tech came over and said within 2/3 days they will change the panel or provide a new TV.

It is over 3 weeks and nothing is happening. They keep telling that problem is being looked into. I wish I had spent a bit more and gone for a Sony TV which had no trouble last 15 yrs and sadly I gave it away for better tech. Is LG substandard?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2022

This TV is not worth it. I have been waiting to really see for sure tv is junk in case it somehow operated after update better that it has before. Aside from the slow scrolling issue it sometimes at random goes someplace other that what I selected with remote, it has done this on more than one occasion. Now what just happened is I was tuned into some of the local channels via an external antenna and every channel would play for about three seconds then it would go to the scenic picture scene where it says no signal found but, you could hear the channel playing from the audio which was sounded completely normal but no picture.

I uplugged tv and held power button in for ten seconds. Restarted tv and problem was gone, all stations played perfectly then. I am so disappointed that this will be going back to the store, I just can't stomach this thing any longer. The software has to be at fault and is a mess, not waiting for the day they could completely redo the software/firmware by throwing this version away which is what they need to do.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2022

Purchased an LG Smart TV... Never again, it constantly signs itself out of the internet. Always wants me to update. It's a 15-minute ordeal to turn the TV on. My Samsung TV takes 10 seconds. It's the same with the cell phones. LG just makes it very difficult.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

Check Network Connection - Error Code: -106. My LG TV continues to lose my internet access, and I have to retype my password; it then drops again, within the next few minutes. My internet connection is fine on my laptop, iPhone, and Vizio television. I followed the instructions from LG Support Rep, who also told me this is common for this tv: HARD RESET, UNPLUG TV, HOLD THE ON/OFF BUTTON FOR 16 SECS, PLUG IN. This works for about an hour, and the network drops again. They offered to provide an LG authorized dealer in my area, as long as I pay for the diagnostics. I really wish I could give this a lower review. Please SAVE your money. Do not buy LG.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

We recently punched a 77 in tv from LG and for 1 month it worded just fine and we loved it. Then out of nowhere it just stopped working. The red light is on showing that it has power going to it and yet the screen just will not work. I have gotten a run around from this company since July the 28th and it is now August the 22nd. They told me there isn’t an authorized dealer to come and help take care of the tv and I am basically waiting until they figure it out. How about replace the tv and I’ll send this 3,000 dollar paperweight back to them. This is just absolutely insane, I will not ever buy from LG again.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2022

If I could give this company and this TV negative stars I would. I purchased this TV two years ago and it stopped working out of the blue recently. I called into LG and they said offered a one time courtesy repair despite me being out of warranty. They jerked me around for three weeks asking for proof of purchase and every other little piece of information asking for more and more every time I would call. I would’ve happily given that this information in one phone call. After my 10th call I get a automated email saying that I am out of warranty, which I knew, and they would not be extending the repair. When you purchase a product of this price, you expect quality and a longevity. LG lost a customer for life.

Original review: April 18, 2022

My LG TV continues to lose my cable internet access. The network is fine on laptop and iPhone but TV loses connection and will not reconnect. I have had to retype password 8-10 times until connection comes back only to lose it again after 30 minutes. Worthless TVs. Choose another brand.

Original review: March 30, 2022

I bought a 60" LG TV, it is just 6 months old. It has developed issues with the picture, LG said they would send a technician to fix it, they never showed, after speaking to the repair service LG have said my TV is unrepairable due to a parts shortage and issued me a credit for the TV to the store where I bought it. I had to pay the taxes all over again about $150, I contacted LG and they said they do refund this as they can not control what the stores do. Paying the taxes has nothing to with the store here in Canada, I asked why I could not have done a straight swap. So I am out $150 due to the TV having issues, no fault of mine, really poor customer relations, I will never buy another LG product again.

Original review: March 23, 2022

I purchased an LG 55 inch in December. The first LG was cracked when we opened the box, so we returned it to Best Buy. When we replaced it, we had the second LG for 35 days and the TV broke. When we called customer service at LG, they sent someone to fix it and they opened the tv, there was soot inside. The TV had burned out. The technician came two more times to try to fix it, to no avail. There were no parts available. We asked for a refund. Since December, LG has ignored our calls and has not tried to fix this problem. We now have a $650 TV that we purchased and is just sitting there. We have been told they will call us back, and they have not. It's been almost four months, and we cannot get in touch with anyone. As a result, we will never purchase another LG product again. We honestly don't know what to do anymore.

Original review: March 22, 2022

I’m completely disappointed and unsatisfied of the poor workmanship and customer service of LG. After spending hours with the CS agents for replacement of a brand new defective TV, the only option they offered is to repair the brand new TV which I just unboxed a couple of days ago!!! The TV wall mount brackets were not threaded and the TV could not be mounted on the wall! Will never buy an LG product again.

LG TV author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

LG TVs Company Information