2.56/5
Based on 109 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

957 LG TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 21, 2018

I bought an LG 42" TV at Best Buy last week. I set it up and it worked fine. I bought an attachment so I could stream Netflix, etc. The TV worked fine on Friday morning. I left the house and when I turned it on that afternoon, it looked as if the picture had shattered. No one was home, but presumably there was some sort of impact damage. I repeat. No one was home. How could this be?

I returned it to Best Buy, but because of this damage, they couldn't refund or replace. LG Customer Service wasn't any help either. Best Buy did give me a discount on a new TV, as well as extended warranty. I replaced the LG with a Samsung. I haven't taken it out of the box yet, but will do so later this afternoon. I am absolutely not thrilled by this, and while I would love to get a refund from LG, my guess is that's not gonna happen.

Original review: July 4, 2018

LG add to landfill like no tomorrow, all they are worried about is bottom line. The product will fail in a short period, the service centers are crap. They offer no service. Because they do not care about their products. They will not help you with a problem, and cannot even support a product rubber washer if it is more than 7 years old. A company that has lost it way, move to other brands will awake them.

LG TV Reviews: What To Know | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: July 2, 2018

We have had our LG LCD HDTV 54" for almost a decade. It has survived multiple cross county moves. To this day the picture is as crisp and blacks as deep as the day we purchased it. Our LG has performed and continues to perform at top notch level as our main television. I cannot say that about our last secondary television. I will definitely purchase LG again when the time comes!

Original review: June 23, 2018

Clarity is great as is the appearance. Hooked to surround sound and has very positive results. Better than the Toshiba I had. But don't put any pressure on the screen since it will cause defects in the screen. Clean with soft cloth only. Excellent television.

Original review: June 20, 2018

Everything about this TV is the opposite of smart. The remote is the most difficult to use. The OS is ridiculously slow and hard to access and modify. After being connected to the WiFi initially, it's arbitrarily decided that it doesn't want to connect no matter what I do. Spent four hours (yes seriously four hours) troubleshooting to no avail, and I'm no tech slouch. This is the worst purchase I have ever made in my LIFE! I will never buy an LG product... Ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: June 16, 2018

We purchased an LG 49" 4k, smart tv just about 2 yrs ago, as of June 13th 2018 doesn't work. Screen went black, we tried everything, I spoke to LG, suggested I call for service. We have had two technicians in & they have both advised the light at the back of/in the tv has gone!!! So they can't fix it "in house". They have to take it to the shop, & right now 4-5 days to get it back. This sucks. Totally not a "happy camper" right now. 2 yrs old and it needs repair... this is absolutely not acceptable in my books. We thought we were buying a good quality tv, but obviously not, will never buy another LG flat screen.

Original review: June 13, 2018

Owning a LG TV is a great choice because you will get the best picture and sound with LG. Very nice performance. I really like LG products. Every LG product I've owned has performed very well.

Original review: June 7, 2018

4 months ago I purchased a 65 inch LG-4K TV, and I want to tell people what I wish someone had told me about LG TVs, which is that they are the most fragile product you will ever own. The TV had some nice qualities, such as good picture and easy to set up. Unfortunately, it is too fragile for anyone with pets or children. A woman came over to our house with her four year old child. He tossed a nerf ball to her, and missed, with the ball lightly grazing the screen of the TV. I did not worry about it, since such a blow would have done no harm to a window, mirror, or laptop screen. However, when I turned the TV on, I found a huge crack on the inside to the TV which rendered it unwatchable.

There was no visible damage to the exterior screen (which is light plastic, not glass) but the interior LED screen was destroyed. I am out $800 for the mistake of buying the most fragile TV I have ever heard of. Do not repeat my mistake. Do not buy an LG TV if you will ever have a child or animal in the same room as it, or if there is any possibility of someone bumping it or pressing hard against it. Also, do not buy it thinking that a warranty will cover accidents like this. I contacted LG to complain about the product quality, and they told me that any breakage due to physical damage -- even damage caused by a touch so light it should not break anything -- was my problem and not theirs.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I purchased a 55" LG TV in early February of 2018. On April 26th the TV developed horizontal lines that totally obscured all but the top six inches of the picture. I immediately called LG customer service and was told that their authorized repair facility would call me within the next 24 hours. It is now June 4th and I have called LG at least 6 times. Their "authorized repair facility" turns out to be a little electronics store in a strip center about 60 miles from my house. They obviously don't want to do warranty repairs that are that far from their facility. They never answer their phone, nor return any messages left on their answering service. I have asked LG to just replace the TV but they claim they need the 'ticket number' from the repair facility. I don't know what to do next but I may call a local TV station that gets satisfaction for people in this situation. Needless to say I won't be buying LG products anymore.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Have owned this set (49" LG LED TV) 2 years - do not get an excessive amount of use at all. Already the backlight has failed, rendering the TV useless. I go online to learn countless other LG TV owners report the exact same problem. BUYER BEWARE.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I have a LG 55 inch smart TV, 3D, 4000k resolution. Bought brand new and have had for over two years now and no problems. One of the best TV I have ever bought. Also a great looking TV, not very heavy and thin, great sound and picture. Will be buying a bigger one later as this LG brand is great.

Original review: May 30, 2018

We bought a TV that we believed would fit first our room size, but also the best quality for the price we could afford. LG has been a wonderful choice, with absolutely no issues to date.

Original review: May 15, 2018

Bought 2 Smart LG TVs on the same day. 2 years later both TVs broke. Same problems. Backlight and power supply inside the TVs blew. Both TVs were manufactured in the same month and serial numbers are a digit off. We contacted LG and after jumping through many hoops to provide proof of purchase it sounded like they were going to repair both TVs but just offered an extremely inflated price to repair them at our expense. We bought a Sony on the same day and it's running not a bother and has more hours use than the LGs. The LGs have very bad build quality. A TV should last more than 2 years. If you're going to get a TV then avoid these at all cost or it will cost you in the near future on repairs.

Original review: May 13, 2018

OLED Curved 55" LG TV. Quit working after 3 years. $1000 to repair through a 3rd party service since LG doesn't want to talk to its customers after 12 months. Also, expensive sound bar and headphones are worthless because TV quit working.

Original review: April 26, 2018

Brand new out of the box the 65" OLED panel was shorted out - the TV looked amazing in the store... Both picture quality and aesthetics of the TV. Just very unhappy about mine being damaged from the factory and having to wait now 12 days without being able to watch it.

Original review: April 26, 2018

This LG smart TV is great! Has all the bells and whistles, user friendly, great quality picture and sound. It has a sleek screen and is viewed easily from both sides as well. Very happy with this TV.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I've had the television for a few years and it is still going strong. So the value for the money is good. The quality of the picture and sound is great.

Original review: April 25, 2018

I have used many brands. Some were too costly and most did not last long. With the LG TV, the channels are clear, sound is outstanding and they last a long time. Best TV I've had.

Original review: April 24, 2018

I bought my LG in 10/16. I have had it go 2 times now. I bought it at H. H. Gregg. I first time it came back on within 2 days. The second time it happened April 19 2018. Well now that H. H. Gregg. is in bankruptcy they have someone else take care of warranties but it took a 6 days to get someone here to look at it... I called LG customer service and they told me it was the compressor. Well the tech got here and yes it was the compressor. I spent 1600.00 on this and it will cost THEM THE WARRANTY 1000.00 to fix it. I AM SUGGESTING NOT TO GO WITH LGs. They suck and they DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS. Look at their track record. It’s horrible.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Bought a new 65" LG Feb 28, 2017, it went kaput Apr23, 2018. LG wants almost $400 to fix it... I got same answers as others on here when I contacted LG, it worked great til yesterday, seems it should last longer than 14 months.

Original review: April 24, 2018

The look of the tv is nice, simple and thin, easy to fit on tv cabinet. The size is great 40 inch. Easy to clean and doesn't appear to attract dust. The picture is clear and the color is real. We use the remote to the tv. Which is easy to use. Overall I think this LG is one of the better tvs we have owned.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I purchase my LG smart 4k tv 1 1/2 ago. This tv is pure garbage. It went out so many time and then it went dark. No sound, no nothing. Light blinks and that's it. Call about warranty. No good. I've had an off brand tv from Kmart for over 10 year. Still works. My Samsung still work. LG pure garbage. Never again will I purchase anything LG. This company has no regard of this terrible product they sell. Just want money.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I haven't had any issues with my television from day one. It started as my bedroom tv for the first three years and then went to my living room tv. I never turn off my bedroom tv unless I'm going to work. It stayed on all night and 5 years later it's still great!

Original review: April 23, 2018

With the outstanding experience that we have had with our LG TV, my wife and I have purchased many other LG appliances (stove, dishwasher, microwave, washer and dryer). LG gives you a reliable product for your money and they stand behind their products. That's what makes the difference to me.

Original review: April 22, 2018

I have a 50” LG T.V and it has just about everything. The LG TV I have had a good picture and I would buy another one. The only thing I would do different is get a bigger screen. Other than that the LG TV is great.

Original review: April 22, 2018

Love LG products. 3-dimension, everything about Smart T.V., amazing. Love how my cellphone hooks up to my media center. Love using my LG Smart T.V. for my Facebook and emails. Watching a movie, it has clear sharp pictures. Endless love for LG. 5 stars.

Original review: April 21, 2018

We just recently purchased a LG 49" 4K Smart LED Ultra HDTV. The TV sits on legs so you have to take that into consideration if you will not be mounting the TV. Worked perfect for us. The screen leans a bit forward making it perfect for us.

Original review: April 20, 2018

What a lemon! This TV burned through 2 motherboards in less than 2 1/2 years, this is a know problem and we were left high and dry. Costco was not a help in this process, they sold us a lemon and gave misinformation until it was too late for a replacement. DO NOT BUY LG TVs unless you want a TV to last less than a year and half. Signs that the motherboard is fried, TV turns off randomly, TV is unable to read commands from the remote in a timely manner, TV will NOT turn off from the remote, and TV randomly turns on.

Original review: April 20, 2018

LG is a really good value for the price paid. I paid less than $600 for my new 55". It has so many great features that I haven't figured out all of them yet. The color and sound are fantastic.

Original review: April 20, 2018

LG is a good brand in general. The brand's products last for quite a long time with few or no problems. The brand tends to be priced low and is easy to find. It tends to have a more simplistic appearance as opposed to more sleek brands like say Samsung. The size is really nice if you prefer bigger screens. I personally love LG televisions. The screen are big and easy to watch. Since it is a more simple brand the products are easy to learn to use.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts, movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs