2.21/5
Based on 138 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

LG TV

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 19, 2018

893 LG TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

If I could give LG a negative star, that's what they'd get. We've had this LG 3D TV 65" for exactly 2-years and have hardly used it during that time. Maybe a handful at best. The TV panel went bad and was clearly a manufacture defect, per the TV repair company. The LG technician who looked at the TV remotely along with the TV repair company, we hired, even said it was a manufacture defect. Due to the TV being 12-months out of warranty my claim was denied by LG to fix the TV. That was our first LG TV and our last. If you want to waste $1600 buy a LG TV.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

LG Oled 65" - Image retention (burn-in) made me sick after dropping over $3000 for this television, I called LG and they said the only fix was a new screen and the burn-in was not covered under the warranty which translate to me that they knew it would happen and made sure the warranty would not cover it. No more LG televisions and a warning that customers should not be fooled by how deep the blacks are and how many billions of colors the Oled produces while leaving out the fact that the Oled must be treated like a baby and seldom watched. Also be sure to read the fine print on Samsung's no burn in guarantee, another treat me like a baby or I will mess on your screen guarantee.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

LG 65G6P-U OLED TV - Within a year of purchase there is burn in on the screen. They will not honor it for warranty. They only warranty this television for a year and this is not covered. This is a very pricey television and it is absurd to expect people to change the screen constantly to keep this from happening. They do not even warn the buyer that this can happen. A buyer expects much more from a television of this price range. I will never buy another LG product of any kind. If they do not stand behind their products the consumer is stuck with inferior products. The repair of this television is over $4500.00!!! New Buyers BEWARE!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This tv’s backlights went out after about 3 years. Had them replaced for about 150 and lasted 5 months. Not worth the money for the tv and definitely not worth getting it fixed repeatedly. No more LG's for us.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Life definitely isn't good. Anybody remember Dixons in the high street? Hinari, Alba, Matsui, Amstrad, Goldstar etc, etc, cheap and cheerful brands, (if you had a 14" colour portable you were the man!). Well yes Goldstar is what I'm reviewing here except now we're lucky to buy Goldstar or should I say unlucky? £650 for this tv from Currys reduced from £1000 for my son's 18th (or it was on sale in a Currys store for this price for 28 days anyway) and it never even lasted 2 yrs. The panel should have lasted for 12 yrs a day solid for 10 yrs or for 6 hrs for 20 yrs etc but no, it's finished, it's stood against the wall in the garage and my son now has a little 32" to use.

Now get this, contacted LG to see about a goodwill gesture, well I got a gesture but it wasn't a good one. They offered to repair it for £888 which included a £110+vat fee for the engineer to bring the panel with him on top of the call out fee. Although I thought it was a joke apparently they were deadly serious. Basically no help whatsoever and I'm left feeling a bit insulted at the quote over £200 more than the original cost. Currys not interested either. I may just periodically give it a little dust off and sit with it as it looks rather sad just sat there next to the gym equipment and foot Clairol foot spa.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Very disappointed with the service and quality of products. Very cheap quality products. Never buy LG products because they made products from very cheap vendors and just put their name on that products. After few years when product will not work they will say this product is not repairable. I'll never buy any products of LG in my lifetime.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I purchased an LG television in 2014. I had the TV going on for years. I really trusted LG but to find out the TVs are no good. My TV is showing a black screen. I hear voices. There is sound but no picture. I bought this LG TV in good faith that I trusted this company and little to find out their customer service is poor. They don't care that you are having problems with their TV and looks like to me I am not the only person having issues with their televisions. I wasted my money. I'm on a fixed income and I don't appreciate buying something that they don't want the backup their name. It is terrible that I purchased a TV and it's gone and such little time. Why is this being allowed that these companies sell you a product that they know has issues and they refused to help you when you call the customer service is outrageous.

They have no respect and they're very low class people. It will be my last LG TV that I ever buy and it looks like to me other people feel the same way. Why do you have so many complaints about this TVs that they sell to the consumer? It's okay that they can sham us as a consumer and take advantage when they know these TV needs to be addressed. I am not happy that I have to go out and buy a new TV because their TVs did not last like they should have. I never had a TV last only four years. Never heard of such thing. You're saying is my guarantee is up and we only have a year but they knew that this TV was going to go out. This is what they're selling to us. Why they getting away with this? That's what I want to know. I need an answer.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Bought a 60 inch LG UHD Smart TV in 2016 and mounted on the wall. After 1 year one of the HDMI ports went bad and this weekend I noticed vertical lines on the screen, then half screen and then black screen. Called LG and it was determined the TV was toast and the warranty was expired... Tough luck. TV was only used in the summer on weekends.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I spent $2900 at Best Buy for a new LG OLED EF9500 3D model. Worked great for a year but after 14 months it developed a yellow stain in the middle of screen. LG support told me to reset the screen but they couldn't tell me how to do it. I contacted LG USA. They ended up telling 3 different ways. Which didn't work. Of course, the warranty doesn't cover the screen. Checked online found 1000s of like complaints. LG OLED screens fail. Be smart. Buy Samsung who covers the screen.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

LG 55UH - I opened a box and the screen was cracked. I called their customer service and they said that it was cover because it was physical damage. They didn't seem to care that they caused the physical. That means that their entire warranty is a smoke screen that they do not stand behind. I am done with LG products after that experience. I now have to throw away a $500 TV that never displayed a single picture because it costs more to repair than the TV is worth.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Technical flaws with LG 65" 4K Smart TV OLED - We've just had our 2nd TV delivered, on day 3 it started in with blackouts. We just had our first picked up and exchanged for same problem. I have a 28 min. video of the constant blackouts! Believe LG has a bad lot out here.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

LG 42LD550 model. HDMI sockets all failed - web consensus is the motherboard is substandard; there are hundreds of similar reports with similar results: LG could not care less. I called their so-called customer service - there's an oxymoron for a start - and was actually accused of lying about the fault. "You should not believe what you read on the internet." I was also told by the most annoying, argumentative CSR I've ever spoken to. No resolution of course, no admission of poor quality products. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG product again, and advise everyone to do the same. What an expensive waste of money. I hope they go bankrupt.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

The performance of this television is the best that I have experienced. I have tried different brands only to be disappointed. The LG TV I have has a superb picture quality and the HD channels are like looking through glass, that's how crystal clear it is. Its functionality is also top notch. The only downfall is trying to adjust the picture mode. I like to take advantage of using the entire screen of my 65", which why I bought it. At times it will not adjust depending on what you are watching.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Paid near $1000.00 for a LG smart TV. It was smart enough to know the warranty expired and broke 2 days after. Had this boat anchor repaired and it broke again after 10 months. LG's answer was to tell me where it could be fixed again. Thanks but it's an LG I am aware of the repair centers. I could rent a TV cheaper than this and all other brand TV's I own lasted for years not months. Now I'll have to pay again to get this pile of garbage hauled away. I will never buy another LG product. They don't stand behind their products and they are junk. Customer service is a joke. Try to leave feedback on their site they don't like and it is blocked. As customers we need to band together and file a class action lawsuit. LG knows their products are a consumer ripoff.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I bought an 84in LED UHD 4K TV(84UB9800) in Oct 2014 for close to $20K. In about May of 2017, guests in my home started to notice vertical grey bars on certain scenes. As it turns out, this issue, known as Banding, is well known within LG and has been experienced by many TV owners with TVs of different sizes. LG apparently knows about the issue as evidenced by their troubleshooting guidelines for this issue in particular. I certainly would have thought twice about buying LG TVs if I was told than banding was a known chronic defect that could manifest at any time. Let's face it, investing $20K in a TV that lasts just 2.5 years is a poor ROI. When I spoke to LG, they first advised going through the troubleshooting steps.

When I explained that banding was seen for every input, including the onboard apps, they sent out a tech and charged me $124 for the tech visit. The tech knew right away what the issue was and said the replacement panel will cost $4K. That would have brought my total investment to $24K. The labor to replace the panel would be $300. In the meantime, I found refurbished units and brand new units of the same model for between $4K and $6.2K. I asked LG why they thought I would do either, because even if I replaced the panel, the defect could occur with the new panel, and if I bought a new one, the new one would be subject to banding. When I asked them what motivation I would have to buy LG in the future, they said they could not answer that for me.

I could not believe the arrogance of these people. They would not even negotiate a lower price on the panel replacement. I had been a loyal LG customer, buying other LG TVs and appliances in the past, so negotiating would have bought them more goodwill and additional purchases. But, based on their attitude and this experience, I will never, ever buy another LG product. Obviously LG would not expect a customer to replace a panel for that cost. If their intention was to motivate me to just buy another brand new LG, then their intention missed the mark by thousands of miles. My advice: DO NOT BUY LG TVs, PERIOD.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Bought a 65" curve LG OLED tv, waited till we moved into our new house to use it but upon unboxing it, we realized it had a tiny cracked screen. We never even got to turn it on, now the tv has become a white elephant. Contacted Best Buy & LG, they said warranty is passed so they can't replace it. They however said we could repair it and this cost way more than the actual tv. Thinking of getting OLED, think twice. Still upset whenever I see the tv in our basement as we're still paying for it.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

The TV stand itself is not very sturdy and my toddler grandkids like to poke the screen when they talk about what's on the screen - not very safe. It is not a bad purchase; but certainly isn't the best TV I've seen.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

My LG is a smart tv that has internet access, so I can stream Netflix, HULU, Youtube, Amazon Prime, etc. You have the ability to get more apps from LG Smart World. It has a 42" screen and it fits my apartment nicely. The only problem I have with this TV is that it occasionally switches to streaming TV without any input from me. That is easily fixed by pressing exit on the remote and it brings you back to what you were watching.

Overall I give the LG 42" LN5700 a good rating. I would give it a very good rating if not for the problem I mentioned. It has a nice look, small frame around the screen, HDMI and USB ports as well as normal cable/over-the-air connections. These are all easily accessible on the back of the TV. It also has an optical input for connecting a home theater which is very nice because it allows for higher fidelity, which I use. It also has a nice remote control where the user can program the TV for auto-scan for channels, My Apps for watching streaming or playing games, user preferences for contrast, brightness, etc.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2017

LGOLED65 - I decided to Google the issue I just started having with my OLED that's 8 months old. After seeing some of the responses in this thread, I can see I'm not the only one having the issue of greenish blobs occurring on my screen. I called LG today, the tech remoted in through my android phone's camera and saw the issue, she put me on hold to show her manager. Once she came back on the phone she told me it would covered and replaced, I was unexpectedly surprised WOW am I really going to get good service?

Well after going through all the information exchanges, she told me that a repairman would be out to replace the panel, wait what? My response was "I would like a replacement NOT a repair person taking apart a practically brand new OLED." I informed her I've had experiences where this has happened with other LG products and they either send the wrong parts, forget my appointments, or make numerous visits without fixing the issue. I let her know I wanted a NEW set, I did just spend over 3,000. I asked to speak to a manager, she came back on the line and told me the wait would be too long and that a manager will call me back within 24 hours. Today is 11-20-17. Let's see what happens, I surely hope I have something good to say when I return here. Fingers crossed!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

I purchased an LG 42" 3d TV and it required service 3 months after I bought it. Then 10 months later I had to pay to have it fixed. Then about 1 year and 11 months later it needed repair again. I contacted LG and they wouldn't pay to have it repaired. I bought a lemon from them and they don't care. Very poor customer service. They just don't care about customers. I would never buy a LG TV again.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

Big money corporations with big money legal teams equals no responsibility in this day and age. I am stunned to see how common this issue is with LG televisions. This is only one of countless sites of people with the same issue. Two year old TV and it's toast... menu and sound work but snowy picture screen with all inputs including internet! Unreal and not right. A major appliance manufacturer selling products with known defects and continuously getting away with it over and over again without addressing the issues. Imagine that!

I bought a complete LG kitchen set at the same time I purchased the LG 49UA6400-UF TV. Keeping my fingers crossed the set will last! This is without a doubt my first and last LG TV! If this is how they respond to their customers, virtually screwing them without a care in the world, then they have lost my business from this day forward as well! The only way to hold companies responsible anymore is to stop buying their products when they screw the public (the end-user) over! Way to go LG.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

My LG TV Model 42LD550 worked well for about 5 years then I started having problems with it. To keep this short, all HDMI connections on my television failed! This is a common pattern with LG televisions. I cannot say if LG has corrected this but I'm still seeing post regarding this problem. Literally pages and pages on the same issue. I contacted LG and I'm sure they know about this manufacturing defect but refused to offer a solution other than for me to pay to have it repaired. I guess I'll purchase another TV, but it WON'T BE AN LG, that's for sure!!!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

LG OLED65 - We bought our TV in Nov 2016. In May of 2017 we started to notice a static green smudge on the screen. Over time we noticed a green line elsewhere on the screen. Over time, we noticed more and more green geometric shapes evolving on the screen. LG sent out a technician, and after multiple visits, he ordered a new screen. LG only sends out refurbished screens. They refused to replace the TV. The new screen was installed in June of this year. Two plus months later, the same problem evolved: First a green smudge, then more and more green geometric shapes. I called LG and demanded a new TV, since the new screen did not resolve the issue.

They refused. Instead of an LG tech, they referred us to a third party (TK), who said they can only do what LG tells them to do, and LG will only authorize another refurbished screen. Since our TV is wall mounted, it costs us $300 to hire someone to remove the TV and remount it afterward. LG refuses to replace the TV. Our warranty expires later this month. We asked LG what will happen if this new screen fails after the warranty expires, and they said "We will do our best to assist you." We asked if they would still fix the problem after the warranty expires, and they responded with the same canned response. Furthermore, the Customer Service refuses to provide the names of anyone higher up in the hierarchy who has the authority to fix our problem. I even contacted the CEO of LG, who never responded at all. HIDEOUS CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I bought this LG OLED65C6P on January 15th, 2017. I just started noticing an image burn on it around 10/1/2017. I spoke with LG and they had me try their panel noise reduction on the TV. I did it 4 times with no improvement. I called them back to let them know, and to my surprise they said that image burn wasn't covered under the warranty. I was said the television is less than a year old and they said, "Sorry not covered under the warranty."

I said it was convenient that no one was told about it when they were purchasing the TV 9 months ago. I also now see a lot of complaints about the image burn issues online that were not available when researching the television. LG DOES NOT BACK THEIR PRODUCTS! They say it was in the user manual, which is nice since one wasn't included in the box when I bought it and it should have been a issued acknowledged and discussed prior to purchasing the TV.

At the very least a warning in advance from LG. Very poor business and warranty. Be forewarned, the television wasn't never used for gaming and only used to watch cable television. The programs that have banners that stay on the screen will create an image burn on your expensive new television that LG does not back up under warranty.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

The 60 in LG LED TV is worst the TV to buy. It only give you about 3 yrs of service. My LG is just 3 yrs like come home turn me on and all I got was black screen and no sound. Call LG customer service and then it's nothing they do. They rejected to repair my TV. I will never buy anything that is LG.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

We purchased LG TV 42LB6500 in Dec 2014. Everything was fine when I noticed in 4th October 2017 TV screen would start displaying white spots (18 spots). I called customer care and they said backlight having reflectors needs to be replaced and cost for the same would be INR 8000. We didn't expect this TV didn't work properly for not even full 3 years. We purchased and put lot our money to buy a LG Smart TV and it didn't work properly for 3 years. Really disappointing that company like you manufacture such defective pieces. You should sponsor my full-service amount.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

Bought a curved OLED65C6P tv in November last year. Noticed a thin black line running down the screen which is now turning white about six months later. Called LG, "Oh yes we will repair or replace." I have called emailed repeatedly since August. No repairs and really no response. Did get one name of repair company. Called them two weeks later. They got no work order. Still have gotten no work order. Have an extended warranty with the company I bought from. They will replace it but I will lose my extended warranty. Never LG again!!!

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

Terrible customer service and products. DO NOT purchase LG products. I have two issues with the TV - LG 65” OLED 4k: 1. Text will become unreadable multiple/double/quadruple. 2. Shadow images. LG won’t fix either issue because both come from the same board and because there are shadow images they won’t replace the part under warranty. Do not buy LG products.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

We purchased LG TV OLED65C6P 8/1/16; everything was fine until mid-January when my husband noted TV would suddenly lose the show he was watching and the screen would go white, psychedelic, and many different colors of the rainbow. It wasn't happening frequently so he did not mention. Starting in May 2017 it rapidly progressed; not only the colors but you had to shut TV off and on many times to get the picture back.

I first notified LG through their service call system. I contacted them at least 6 times before we got any information about repair services. Then we waited until they could find a certified repair service in our area that could do the repair. We have a service in our town but they require 2 techs to come out since the TV was bigger than 55" which ours did not have. Our first call was early June and we finally had someone come out early September. Our TV worked for about 4 days and again started to act up. Would go to white screen; say we weren't authorized to watch content of program; screen turn colors again. Again you had to shut off and turn on multiple times.

I sent an email to LG 9/27/17; received a scripted response 9/28/17 telling us they needed 1-2 business days to review case. It is 10/9/17 and we have still not heard back from them. This is the worst customer service we have ever experienced. When you call the service center, the same questions are asked and the exact response is given each time. I would never recommend LG to anyone.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

After eight (only 8) months after purchase of a LG 55" OLED, I started to notice weird image burns of blobs. I immediately contacted LG which requested pictures of image. After taking the unit to assigned repair techs, I was told they never have seen such image burns since the PLASMA days. LG refused to honor the 1 year manufacturer warranty for the image burn. I have filed inquiries thru the Better Business Bureau and LG continues to deny the warranty. Since, I have search online & it seems it's a rampant issue that is only getting worse as more of these OLED are purchased. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED! STAY AWAY FOR THESE SETS!

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts, movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs

www.lg.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use