LG TV

LG TVs
Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.59/5

LG TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TVs?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

Bought this TV LG 43UJ632T.ATR in July 2018 and within a year the display went off. Luckily it was covered in the warranty. A completely new product was to be given but they just changed the display and went. Again, facing the same issue with the display. Within a span of 2.5 years twice the display went. Horrible experience and LG customer care is pathetic. Go for better brand Samsung or Panasonic. DO NOT buy LG product.

LG TVs response

Hello Bajeesh. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

My OLED (65in B7A 2018) tv has suffered from the exact same issues plaguing many throughout the world that led to 60000 televisions being recalled. For some reason, they claim these issues are impossible for US televisions even though they have the same board and capacitors. The issues plaguing these televisions are related to the power supply and lead to overheating and in some instances fire. The overheating of the power supply causes a capacitor to trip and thus making it so the TV will not turn on again. There is a reason the TV was recalled in other countries, it is potentially quite dangerous. LG has not yet provided a service to fix TVs in the United States plagued by the same issues as other countries and have not yet provided adequate customer service to fix the issue.

Unfortunately, I have recommended this television to many people because the picture quality was honestly amazing. Thought I would be an LG OLED consumer for a long time but unfortunately I cannot recommend anyone buy a >$2000 television set from a company that refuse to even fix potentially dangerous televisions. Regardless, the >$2000 television is now a potentially dangerous brick.

LG TVs response

Hello Tyler. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Jan. 19, 2021

LG were very quick to respond. But could not help me as I live in the UK.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

LG TV HAS DEVELOPED PINK/PURPLE BLOBS, the size of a tennis ball. Only 2 years old and out of guarantee. Looking on the internet this seems a common problem. Very very disappointed. Will not buy LG again.

LG TVs response

Hello John. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Jan. 13, 2021

I bought a 72" LG TV in September 2020 and almost a month ago the Internet on the TV stopped working. I already had Best Buy Geek Squad come and repair it and my ATT provider also came several times to adjust their router to the TV and it only works for a few hours or a day and then loses connection again. LG keeps giving me the run around when we call get transferred to different people and they all act like they don't know anything about our numerous calls to LG. All I want if they won't send a repair person to just refund or exchange the TV and they act like they don't know what to do but keep ignoring the issue! I know it is not our router/modem because all other devices including my 3 other Vizio Tvs work just fine.

LG TVs response

Hello Javier. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
      Original review: Dec. 24, 2020

LG OLED 55in TV I bought in 2018 is now showing serious burn-in making the viewing experience pathetic. Contacted LG and was offered courtesy replacement and asked me to bear the labor cost. Asking the agent how much will the labor cost, I was told the service center will give me a quote and they don’t have any numbers or standard rate. Now service center calls me and gives me a quote of $300.

I am really disappointed and worried with the cost associated with labor and it’s not even 3 years and I have to spend the additional amount which has no guarantee that I may end up in the same situation again. Upon contacting LG again to understand if they can help in anyway to bring down the labor cost or waive off, had a bad experience with a rigid NO and non-customer centric response stating LG is already bearing the part cost and cannot do anymore. I am worried if the OLED tv life is meant to be less than 3 years? Am I supposed to continue watching with bad display experience, if I am not happy to spending another $300 which will give no guarantee that this problem will not occur again. LG Reference No: **

LG TVs response

Hello Avinash. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 15, 2020

The initial television I purchased had a manufacturing fault and needed to be replaced within two weeks. The replacement set was working well for a month and since then it has had difficulties connecting to the wifi. After many factory resets LG have booked in a service to assess the problem as they are unable to fix it through the phone support. I have since been advised that the issue is with the software and I am unable to use the internet on the TV until they write a new version of the software. The customer support at LG has been unhelpful in resolving this issue.

LG TVs response

Hello Lydia. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

Before I write about my experience with LG, let me first tell you about myself. I am a 40 year gas industry professional. I have been the National Service Manager for a decade with a division of Rheem. I ran the call center, wrote the warranties and administered them. I've been an application engineer (a safety engineer) and Marketing manager. It has taken an extraordinary failure to get me to take the time to share my negative experience with your readers. My comments are accurate, honest and quite telling.

I purchased my 65" SJ9500 4k TV from Dell.com for $2,000 in the fall of 2018. It worked without issue until the evening of the 11th of October, when without notice or warning the screen assembly detached from the frame and came crashing down on the mantle and hearth. The parts knocked over candelabras and if they would have had lit candles, my home could have caught fire. And child sitting in front of the TV when it came apart could have been seriously cut from the heavy sheets of plexiglass that detached from the frame.

I had a dozen or more conversations with LG customer service agents that were totally over their heads in terms of trying to understand and responsibly escalate what had happened and what the consequences could have been to the staff safety engineers at LG. By early November one agent gave me an assurance that the TV would be replaced, and LG would contact me no later than December 3rd to make the replacement offer. December 3rd came and went. No call. No email. A few days ago I contacted LG to inquire. I was told that the warranty offer had been denied as "it was cosmetic damage". Since LG has refused to honor the warranty nor have they kept their word, I have filed a complaint with the Federal Consumer Products Safety Commission and I will file suit as well shortly.

I cannot emphasis how displeased I am with LG. Products and customer non-service are the worst I've ever experienced. I am extremely unhappy and I urge anyone making an inquiry about LG products to avoid their products no matter what a salesman or website claims. I hope the Federal Government finds cause to recall all of their TVs. Buy a Sony, Samsung or Visio product. Anything but LG.

LG TVs response

Hello Dan. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 10, 2020

Bought our LG TV 3 months ago. Turn on and have a black screen. Lg called a repair man. Got a text that part was ordered even though no repairman has came out. How do they know the problem? Is this a lemon law issue?

LG TVs response

Hello Debi. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 8, 2020

This was my first experience with LG TV and my last. Paid over £2K for this TV. The remote broke and was approx £100 for a replacement. The screen has ghosting in all four corners of the screen and along the bottom. The centre of the screen has a permanent green tint to it. Contacted LG and they asked for screenshots, etc. and after I pursued them via email for a reply they finally confirmed there was a problem and it would require a new £200 screen and they would also not be able to maintain / replace the 3D function as they no longer do 3D screens. Could not recommend LG.

LG TVs response

Hello Charles. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG

Original review: Dec. 5, 2020

I purchased a 4K UHD TV and an LG Sound Bar a couple of years ago. About 3 months ago, just days after it was out of warranty, I noticed that the background sound was drowning out the dialogue so I had to turn up the sound ridiculously loud to hear the characters speak. I called Best Buy and they told me to take it up with LG.

So I spoke to technical service and expressed my concerns. As they were looking up my purchase I asked if they had ever heard about this problem. He said, “I have been working here a long time and I have never heard of such a problem.” In an indignant manner. He then stated that my product was out of warranty and could not help me. I complained more and told him that I was an Electrical Engineer and would understand if he would explain what might be wrong. He refused and repeated the warranty diatribe. I couldn’t believe that $1,000.00 of home entertainment equipment failed after 2 years. Ridiculous. So now I advertise the terrible products and service LG supplies. I should have known better, my sister had the same problem with a $1,200.00 range that the repair company couldn’t fix because of faulty parts from LG. Good companies take responsibility for design or manufacturing defects. LG does not. LG is not an honorable company.

LG TVs response

Hello Raymond. Thank you for notifying LG of the experience you have encountered thus far. This is not indicative of how we want our valued customers to feel. We’ll be happy to look into this and answer any questions that you have. Please send a private message so that we can assist you.

LG TV author review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team