1.92/5

Last updated: April 24, 2018

915 LG TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 24, 2018

I bought my LG in 10/16. I have had it go 2 times now. I bought it at H. H. Gregg. I first time it came back on within 2 days. The second time it happened April 19 2018. Well now that H. H. Gregg. is in bankruptcy they have someone else take care of warranties but it took a 6 days to get someone here to look at it... I called LG customer service and they told me it was the compressor. Well the tech got here and yes it was the compressor. I spent 1600.00 on this and it will cost THEM THE WARRANTY 1000.00 to fix it. I AM SUGGESTING NOT TO GO WITH LGs. They suck and they DO NOT STAND BEHIND THEIR PRODUCTS. Look at their track record. It’s horrible.

Original review: April 24, 2018

Bought a new 65" LG Feb 28, 2017, it went kaput Apr23, 2018. LG wants almost $400 to fix it... I got same answers as others on here when I contacted LG, it worked great til yesterday, seems it should last longer than 14 months.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 23, 2018

I purchase my LG smart 4k tv 1 1/2 ago. This tv is pure garbage. It went out so many time and then it went dark. No sound, no nothing. Light blinks and that's it. Call about warranty. No good. I've had an off brand tv from Kmart for over 10 year. Still works. My Samsung still work. LG pure garbage. Never again will I purchase anything LG. This company has no regard of this terrible product they sell. Just want money.

Original review: April 20, 2018

What a lemon! This TV burned through 2 motherboards in less than 2 1/2 years, this is a know problem and we were left high and dry. Costco was not a help in this process, they sold us a lemon and gave misinformation until it was too late for a replacement. DO NOT BUY LG TVs unless you want a TV to last less than a year and half. Signs that the motherboard is fried, TV turns off randomly, TV is unable to read commands from the remote in a timely manner, TV will NOT turn off from the remote, and TV randomly turns on.

Original review: April 18, 2018

Bought a 49” Smart TV for Xmas 2016. It broke down not even 8 months in under warranty but took many phone calls to get a service tech to finally come and fix it. The first fix did not work. More phone calls again and the 2nd fix worked. However we are now at the 8-month mark again and it is doing the same thing. It was the first time it stopped working. LG makes more money I’m sure on parts alone. No one wants a TV for a paperweight. Now that it’s over a year I wonder if they will still replace the part that is still under a year warranty? I highly recommend staying away from LG TVs. I have a Sony that has never had any issues not once and it’s over 10 years old and yes I paid 5 grand for it but it’s worth it knowing it won’t die just after its one year warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: April 10, 2018

Don’t buy this brand of tv. You will regret it. All these negative reviews were right. I just made this account just to warn you potential buyers not to buy their crappy TVs. I bought a 60 inch LED tv a little over a year ago (out of warranty) and it stopped working. The LED backlight broke (my guess with some research) and I can only hear sounds. What a coincidence that it stopped working when it past the warranty period. This company knows their product is defective with all these negative reviews. I’ll never buy a LG product again since this is how they treat their customers. LOOK AT ALL THESE NEGATIVE REVIEWS! DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCT!

Original review: April 1, 2018

We finally bought a high end TV, So we thought. We purchased a LG 65SJ9500 4K Super UHD Smart LED from Best Buy On 12/03/17 for $1600.00. Everything went great. Removed old TV and repaired wall and repainted, Hung mount for the new TV, all is good. Installed TV and had a problem with TV from day #1. TV would black out for about 2 or 3 seconds then come back on. I thought it was a bad Cable box. We now have replaced cable box # 3 times and have replaced our HDMI cable 2- times. Now the TV does not have any picture whatsoever. WE have contacted LG for Repair Technician to fix problem. Hopefully they stand by their product. WE WILL SEE.

Original review: March 31, 2018

I purchased this TV (LG Smart Television Model 47N5750) in 2013. The picture suddenly went blank after gradual darkening. I went to website for assistance and the nearest authorized repair dealer was about 50 miles. It would cost $250.00 plus other charges to come out or $200.00 and other charges if I brought it in. I went on YouTube and found that it could be the LED light strips or T-con Board. I could only find the light strips from one company but the company did not have the T-con Board. I installed the led light strips myself. The TV worked fine for a couple of days, and now is beginning to show a darker picture again. I would not encourage anyone to buy this product because you will likely have problems after the one year warranty, and won't find parts. It is trash.

Original review: March 28, 2018

I bought this tv (LG 49 4K UHD smart TV) in September 2018, it start turning on turning off itself. I check it nearly all LG TVs problem turning on off itself. I called them and they said, "Use the main plug not a extension, it didnt work. I called them again, they said take the battery off from remote. I did. It didnt work. I called them again they said, "Send us to receipt." I send them. Week now I called them again they said, "YOU HAVE TO WAIT. We will contact with you." If you thinking buy a LG TV dont buy. If you do you will be very dissatisfied. After this experience I will not go near the any LG product.

Original review: March 19, 2018

Bought this TV in Oct. 2016 from Amazon. Received TV and while still under warranty the TV would not respond to the remote. Could not switch to other stations, Amazon, YouTube etc. The picture would freeze or you would need to unplug it, wait and try again. Called LG and they sent a repairman to fix it. Replaced a motherboard. After a couple of months the TV is doing it again and getting worse. I'm afraid it will stop working at all. When I called LG again and explained everything again they said it was out of warranty and there was nothing they would do. Checked online complaints and this seems to be an ongoing problem and they know it. They just adhere to the American corporate response, sell known defective products and hope it waits until the warranty expires before it breaks. WARNING, WARNING, WARNING. AVOID LG PRODUCTS.

Original review: March 16, 2018

People be warned. You might think you buy a LG TV with their advertised specs. However LG reserves the right to change their spec without notice!!! You might thing you buy a 4K or Color TV... But they might just send you a black and white one. LG is fraud!!! I bought a 100-240V TV (as per USA Spec Sheet). They sent me a 120V one and now do not want to resolve the issue. They state (from their Twitter reply): "Design, features and specifications are subject to change without notice." What??? Are you kidding LG?

Original review: March 16, 2018

This TV started burning on the inside and burnt the entire screen. Customer service there really is no customer service. They will keep pushing your call to India. If you purchase anything LG, you have been warned. The best thing anyone can do is to boycott any store that sell LG. If you have any media accounts... Let it be known about your experience on Facebook... Twitter. The best approach is to have your friends, followers to share your LG experience, then last but not least, make sure you voice your concern to the BBB, just do an reveiw. We have the power to put these type businesses... OUT OF BUSINESS!!!

Original review: March 14, 2018

In November of 2016 I purchased a 55 in curved 3D TV. In March 2017 I noticed a burn-in image of CNN news breaking news. I contacted Best Buy and they said contact LG. They refused to do anything and Best Buy also refused. I filed a BBB complaint against Best Buy and they couldn't help. I am going to purchase a new set soon and I can promise Best Buy and LG that it won't be from them. I am thinking of SAMSUNG QLED. ANYONE WHO READS THIS SHOULD STAY AWAY FROM LG AND BEST BUY.

Original review: March 12, 2018

We came home from work and TV wouldn't turn on. It is only 3 months old. I called technical support and they are sending someone out to fix it, but looking at other complaints where other TV have been fixed but break again in a few months.

Original review: March 9, 2018

LG 50PZ550 model. But model doesn't matter because it seems like many LG's have the same known problem with HDMI sockets all failed at the same time!! They know they use poor motherboards and don't care. It just has to last a year and they are in the clear. Very sad to spend $1000's and get such poor quality. This is my newest household tv and already gone bad. My Panasonic and Sony are still going strong after 10+ years. CSR rep told me I was lucky tv lasted this long as they manufacture to last 4-6yrs. No kidding, he said that! Got estimate of over $400+ to replace motherboard. Not spending that NOR WILL I EVER BUY ANOTHER LG product again, and advise everyone to do the same. What a waste of money. BUYERS BEWARE!

Original review: March 6, 2018 Less than 3 yr old TV (42 LED) Went dark. Brought to recommended LG repair shop. Paid $65 for estimate only to be told that fix would cost $285. (Not worth it)

LG customer service gave me run around. Bottom line: 1- Garbage product. 2- Garbage customer service. 3- Garbage dump. Life is Good.

Original review: March 2, 2018

LG TV has the best picture in the whole wide world and beyond!!! Reasonable choice for consumer conscious individual. They are almost giving these T.V,'s away for free!!!

Original review: March 1, 2018

65” LED 4K TV (Model 65UF6450) - Like many are reporting, we were pleased to have great picture quality. After 27 months of regular use, our screen went permanently black after about a week of intermittent half white/half black screen and periods of proper performance. We tried troubleshooting recommendations from LG and suggestions of those with similar issues posting to YouTube. We tried resetting as well. Finally we spoke with LG customer service to see if there was any recall available for the product, since we were outside the warranty period. Of course this was not available. A repair was recommended (panel replacement). Knowing this will be too costly, we are not going to pursue.

Found a $35 T-comm board. Have ordered it as a last ditch effort to fix the TV. We fully expect this to fail. But we are going to try. If it works, we will post with our result. We will hang onto all documentation in case there is a class action suit. Given the volume of complaints, there should be a lawsuit. We don’t routinely throw away $1000. Will be proclaiming to any who will listen that LG is a horrible company. NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: March 1, 2018

The sales person explained which TV should be used in a certain room. Big difference if you put it in the basement or in a living room. The delivery and price were very reasonable. The TV is great.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

Hi, I got a LGSJ8500 UHD television, after 6 months, I saw an internal crack and the crack seems to be spreading because of internal heat. The LG consumer service are saying it's because of physical damage and we are certain that the TV was not touched. I will keep you guys posted on whats going on...

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

If I could give LG a negative star, that's what they'd get. We've had this LG 3D TV 65" for exactly 2-years and have hardly used it during that time. Maybe a handful at best. The TV panel went bad and was clearly a manufacture defect, per the TV repair company. The LG technician who looked at the TV remotely along with the TV repair company, we hired, even said it was a manufacture defect. Due to the TV being 12-months out of warranty my claim was denied by LG to fix the TV. That was our first LG TV and our last. If you want to waste $1600 buy a LG TV.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2018

I purchased this brand product in the past and found it to be an outstanding use. I never had any problems in using or identifying needs for its use.

Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I really like the LG -Life's Good- brand. I've owned several LG products and was always very happy with them. Our TV looked great, with a larger screen than average, was an excellent price compared to similar products with the same features. But unfortunately, my son threw a popsicle at his brother and it hit the screen instead; the picture almost immediately became fractured, disjointed looking, and within an hour went completely black, although the sound was still fine. To repair it was going to cost about 50% of the purchase price which we felt was not worth it. While I had a bad experience with this particular product of theirs, I feel that we were equally at fault for it malfunctioning. If it weren't for this event, I would have given the brand overall a 4-5 instead of a 3. The LG brand is most often a good value.

Original review: Feb. 12, 2018

LG Oled 65" - Image retention (burn-in) made me sick after dropping over $3000 for this television, I called LG and they said the only fix was a new screen and the burn-in was not covered under the warranty which translate to me that they knew it would happen and made sure the warranty would not cover it. No more LG televisions and a warning that customers should not be fooled by how deep the blacks are and how many billions of colors the Oled produces while leaving out the fact that the Oled must be treated like a baby and seldom watched. Also be sure to read the fine print on Samsung's no burn in guarantee, another treat me like a baby or I will mess on your screen guarantee.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

LG 65G6P-U OLED TV - Within a year of purchase there is burn in on the screen. They will not honor it for warranty. They only warranty this television for a year and this is not covered. This is a very pricey television and it is absurd to expect people to change the screen constantly to keep this from happening. They do not even warn the buyer that this can happen. A buyer expects much more from a television of this price range. I will never buy another LG product of any kind. If they do not stand behind their products the consumer is stuck with inferior products. The repair of this television is over $4500.00!!! New Buyers BEWARE!!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

This tv’s backlights went out after about 3 years. Had them replaced for about 150 and lasted 5 months. Not worth the money for the tv and definitely not worth getting it fixed repeatedly. No more LG's for us.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

Life definitely isn't good. Anybody remember Dixons in the high street? Hinari, Alba, Matsui, Amstrad, Goldstar etc, etc, cheap and cheerful brands, (if you had a 14" colour portable you were the man!). Well yes Goldstar is what I'm reviewing here except now we're lucky to buy Goldstar or should I say unlucky? £650 for this tv from Currys reduced from £1000 for my son's 18th (or it was on sale in a Currys store for this price for 28 days anyway) and it never even lasted 2 yrs. The panel should have lasted for 12 yrs a day solid for 10 yrs or for 6 hrs for 20 yrs etc but no, it's finished, it's stood against the wall in the garage and my son now has a little 32" to use.

Now get this, contacted LG to see about a goodwill gesture, well I got a gesture but it wasn't a good one. They offered to repair it for £888 which included a £110+vat fee for the engineer to bring the panel with him on top of the call out fee. Although I thought it was a joke apparently they were deadly serious. Basically no help whatsoever and I'm left feeling a bit insulted at the quote over £200 more than the original cost. Currys not interested either. I may just periodically give it a little dust off and sit with it as it looks rather sad just sat there next to the gym equipment and foot Clairol foot spa.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

Very disappointed with the service and quality of products. Very cheap quality products. Never buy LG products because they made products from very cheap vendors and just put their name on that products. After few years when product will not work they will say this product is not repairable. I'll never buy any products of LG in my lifetime.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I purchased an LG television in 2014. I had the TV going on for years. I really trusted LG but to find out the TVs are no good. My TV is showing a black screen. I hear voices. There is sound but no picture. I bought this LG TV in good faith that I trusted this company and little to find out their customer service is poor. They don't care that you are having problems with their TV and looks like to me I am not the only person having issues with their televisions. I wasted my money. I'm on a fixed income and I don't appreciate buying something that they don't want the backup their name. It is terrible that I purchased a TV and it's gone and such little time. Why is this being allowed that these companies sell you a product that they know has issues and they refused to help you when you call the customer service is outrageous.

They have no respect and they're very low class people. It will be my last LG TV that I ever buy and it looks like to me other people feel the same way. Why do you have so many complaints about this TVs that they sell to the consumer? It's okay that they can sham us as a consumer and take advantage when they know these TV needs to be addressed. I am not happy that I have to go out and buy a new TV because their TVs did not last like they should have. I never had a TV last only four years. Never heard of such thing. You're saying is my guarantee is up and we only have a year but they knew that this TV was going to go out. This is what they're selling to us. Why they getting away with this? That's what I want to know. I need an answer.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Bought a 60 inch LG UHD Smart TV in 2016 and mounted on the wall. After 1 year one of the HDMI ports went bad and this weekend I noticed vertical lines on the screen, then half screen and then black screen. Called LG and it was determined the TV was toast and the warranty was expired... Tough luck. TV was only used in the summer on weekends.

LG TV expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts, movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs