3.96/5

1078 LG TV Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 15, 2019

We bought our LG Television a few years ago for an affordable price. The television is large screen and few people we knew had anything as nice. Now everyone has one, and even some have bigger TV sets. However, we have our LG which never gave us any problems. It has enough ports on it for our components and all are in the back of the tv, which makes me happy because I hate wires. LG has proven itself to be a great brand all around so far in not only looks but functionality.

Original review: March 12, 2019

While LG is known for solid electronics, it is sometimes overlooked as a premium named brand. We have 2 LG TVs in our home, a 55" LCD and a 42" older plasma. Let me say, over the years there has been zero issues with either set. Even after multiple interstate moves. The definition of the new TVs keeps going up and up, but there is no appreciable difference to the human eye at a certain point. LG fits the bill from price to diversity of products/features. My next purchase will be an LG television.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 4, 2019

I have had many LG products in my lifetime. By far this seems to be a better product, in the absence of Wi-Fi hooking up to most things on this TV ex: phones or iPod or for that matter any Apple products. Some of the wireless headphone sets do not set on this TV or even can be found to connect on this TV as well. It’s hard for me to watch TV at night when people are sleeping and I want to be able to use my wireless headphones to keep the sound quiet so people can sleep.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

I bought a LG 60inch Smart TV just under 4 yrs ago, plus the warranty. The TV had issues from the beginning. Sent to shop several times. I am not a big TV watcher and I travel with my job. Therefore it was not used a lot. About 2 months ago while home I noticed a white spot on the screen. I was not home long enough to get it handled at that time. I call about 2 weeks ago and a tech came out and said that LG does not correct the issue with the TV due to the cost of replacement part of $970 and they have a flat fee of way less. He called LG gave his verdict and told me that I would probably be screwed. Of course I was not please to hear that. But to my surprise my TV will be replaced with a new TV... Thank you very much LG and Cowboy Maloney's!

Original review: July 20, 2018

This TV is built from quality electronics. They are not mass produced with a bottom line of profit. They set out to build the best TV that could be built. To make a name as the best. Sony did the same but priced themselves out of competition. LG has the best picture I've ever seen, and I use to inspect for Sony. The price is no more than other brands, but the quality is superior. Also, the clarity of the sound is clear even across the room with people talking in the foreground. The picture has adjustments at the push of a button. The controls work well without having to read the manual every time you want to adjust sound or picture.

The ease of connection to peripherals is outstanding. Several sizes to choose from and solid body and screen makes it easy to trust when moving from room to room, or home to home. A remote that fits in your hand like it was made for you. And a stand that can be removed easily so you can hang it on the wall or leave it on and it fits all sizes of tables. I have owned several different brands of TVs, but this brand LG, is by far my favorite.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG Refrigerators?

Original review: May 18, 2019

15 months old and it won't connect to WiFi and keeps saying, "Unknown device is disconnected." What a piece of junk. I will never buy anything from LG again. When I look on the internet and see the same complaints. They must know about the problem.

Original review: May 15, 2019

My LG television has always demonstrated clarity and great quality as far as color and brightness. Purchased this television three years ago and it acts as if it’s brand new and allows me to have messages and movies. It’ll last me to my settings as far as how many pixels I want. It is definitely a good investment.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Hi, I have been using LG TV, AC and washing machine. I thought LG provides good services and products, only to be disappointed as they don't. I bought LG TV 32 LH604T with 2 yr warranty and unfortunately at the end of 2nd yr the TV started showing colour distortion and I raised a service request one day before the warranty expired. The LG technician came and checked the TV and was not able to offer any solution or understand the problem, instead informed huge costs to fix the problem as they received the service request one day after as they were not working in the weekend.

This whole experience made me feel like LG doesn't have any respect for its customers nor proper procedures. What's the point in raising the service request when you people decide when you want to start working on it or even ignore the fact that the problem started within the warranty period. I felt I should share my experience with LG services and recommend not to buy any LG products as their services suck. Think before you buy LG... Life is ripped off if you buy LG is what I feel. Very disappointed.

Original review: May 10, 2019

LG is a reliable product for a reasonable price. It's not terribly fancy but the picture is excellent. We have two in our home. There's an excellent range of price vs. quality. The product lasts long and the picture is consistently sharp.

Original review: May 6, 2019

They're using garbage circuit boards that break after 2 years. I suggest you google these issues and look at other brands. There's a reason most LGs are less expensive than other higher quality brands such as Sony.

Original review: May 6, 2019

I had 2 tv's here that were not working, I had an LG 27 in and a Benq 27 in. The Benq was a quick phone call and the item was on its way to the repair facility to be repaired. The LG, I called once and gave them all the info they wanted, pictures, etc. And all was suppose to be taken care of, and no reply. Called back a week or so later, and after an hour of phone calls, and a lot of hassle, warranty denied. Choose a different brand for trouble free service.

Original review: May 4, 2019

I bought an LG, 49" 3 yrs. ago. And from day 1, I am in love with this TV, no it's not a smart TV, although I could have gotten one, I didn't want one. The picture is wonderful and the sound great. Very slim design and fits any decor. YES I would buy this brand again.

Original review: April 21, 2019

Paid almost $1800 for a 4k UHD tv and a little over a year later I have a white line going through the left side of the TV. Was told they can't do anything to help. Will never be buying anything LG again.

Original review: April 19, 2019

This is the best TV I've had in my room since I've been married. You can imagine having a 1988 one you have to turn by hand. If you're in the bedroom have to get up out of bed and turn by hand but this one is just great and it's got the most prettiest picture on it.

Original review: April 17, 2019

I just bought a brand new 75-in UHD TV and just went out while watching it on the 7th day. Technician found ants in it and said I cannot make a refund or replacement. How can an LG be attractive to ants. Had a Devant TV on same place for 4 years and I never had any problem on It. Now it's like flushing 3000 dollars out of the toilet watching a bad quality video on LG TV. I say don’t waste your money on LG at all.

Original review: April 16, 2019

By far the worst television I have ever owned! If my toilet was large enough I would flush it! I plan on leaving it on a corner somewhere with 500 dollars so someone can buy a new one. Don’t do it. Watch your tablet.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Any TV made in 2018/19 that is incapable of providing any means of adjusting brightness, should be a crime. I will never spend a cent on an LG product after being forced to tolerate this "TV" in a hotel. Worst thing I have ever touched in my life.

Original review: April 10, 2019

Decent product BUT they want you to PAY, PAY!!! A fee for the simplest tech advice on the TV settings. Never known of any company that won't give support free. This TV is going back. Chatted with 2 different support people, warned the second one not to send me to a site requiring payment, they did so anyway. Will not buy another LG product.

Original review: April 7, 2019

I have shifted my LG LED TV model #42LM7610 from Kuwait to India, 6 months later the motherboard has an issue and the TV not displaying. As per the authorized LG technician the replacement motherboard has high price and they are not sure the availability, since the model is obsoleted.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I bought an LG tv in September and it stopped connecting to WiFi 4 weeks after purchasing it. I was unable to return the tv to where I bought it but the tv was under warranty with LG. Called customer service and was on the phone for over 2 hours, they were walking me through how to try and fix it and I did the same thing over and over but was transferred to 5 different people... Yes FIVE! Finally LG decided to send a technician out to repair the tv. The technician “fixed it” and it broke 20 minutes after he had left. Called LG again and they sent the technician out again after being VERY rude to me. Once again he fixed it and it worked for 2 days and broke again. Keep in mind I had to take off work and wait for this technician to come to my home.

After taking off work twice I called LG to request a replacement and they put in the request. A few weeks went by and I didn’t hear anything. So I called back and asked to speak to a supervisor. Once again they claimed to file for a replacement. Didn’t hear back for a month!!!! So I called back and they told me a technician NEVER came to my house and I needed to have a technician come to my house 2 times in order to get a replacement. They called the repair shop and told them I was responsible for paying for the visit and parts WHEN THIS TV HAS A YEAR WARRANTY. I ended up selling the tv for parts and I win. Never EVER buy an LG product EVER again!

Original review: March 28, 2019

I purchased the New OLED TV 65" over a year ago. Everything was working fine until last month. The TV just turn off by itself and I can never turn it back on. I called LG Customer Service and explained the situation. They were nice to approved me a one time courtesy out of warranty repair. Of course. They supposed to... I did no damage the TV. It went dead on its own while I was watching a show on Youtube. I submit the receipt, and waited quietly as the customer service told me I would get a call 3 to 5 days later.

Nothing happened. I called again, and same thing they told me. Wait 3 to 5 days. They said they will be escalate the situation and send the request to the case supervisor/internal team to approved. I called again and again and same response. It's been a month wait and I still got no response from LG and I'm stuck with a dead TV on the wall. One word of advice. Don't ever buy LG OLED TV. I would rather spend the money and get 3 or 4 TVs that equal the price of just 1. LG, life is not good.

Original review: March 24, 2019

Worst TV ever. I will never buy a LG TV again, a few weeks before the warranty was up I started having some issues; a vertical line up and down on the right side of the screen, then a bit after that a few lines across the bottom of the screen. I contact LG tech support, no help, I was told that the TV was out of warranty; even though I told them I started noticing a problem about a month prior of expiration of my TV. Apparently LG does for customer service, they open a case and I was told that someone would contact me, but no one ever did. I decided to keep like it is because I spend over 2k on a TV thinking I would have a good TV for a long time; now I can even connect the Wi-fi, recently I contacted a TV tech and he stated that he cannot fix my problem. There it goes - $2,000.00 in the trash, thanks LG.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I bought this 49" TV 9 months ago. This is the second time I have had to repair it. I have tried to leave information on the website but it does not work. The company that LG uses to repair the TV is getting flack for having to repair it again but the TV should have worked properly from the beginning. I paid $600 for the TV.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Although the picture is great, that is the only thing we like. BIGGEST problem, I have ringing in my ears and need earphones to hear clearly. Prior to purchasing I asked about using my earphones on this model. I was told I had two audio options, and could use them. But after opening, installing on the wall, etc. which took quite a while. I hooked up my earphones and NOTHING, so I contacted LG, the message gave me instruction on how to install, BUT not only did it NOT work, even if it did, you only can hear with the earphones OR the TV sound system.

Also, with the glass going below the TV, it can be a hazard to hit when hanging, or doing wire maintenance, maybe it better if it is on a table. Obviously they work so hard on making the picture great and the TV so thin, they forgot customers have different needs. They have so few options to install anything it leaves everyone but the gamer and tech people. They should have learned from cellphones, smaller is not better, just smaller. I will be returning this TV, because I can't hear it.

Original review: March 18, 2019

It's not the brand of the television. The quality makes the difference. The colors can be better and along with volume control for the sound. And everything else be alright along with the size of the television.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Our 75" TV lasted 60 days before we observed vertical and horizontal streaks. We called LG and they opened a case and we never got on follow up from opening the case. We had to call them each time to get them to do something. Ultimately they blamed us and refused to repair the defective TV. Staff is well trained at denying and rejecting customer complaints. This company does not care or listen to its customer. I will never never buy an LG product.

Original review: March 18, 2019

We have LG's and Sony tv's in our home and we love both brands equally! Both are clear as a bell and what we paid for them is amazing! I tend to lean toward the LG a little more. To me it is a little bit clearer!

Original review: March 18, 2019

We have purchased several LG televisions in the last five years and have found them reasonably priced. The quality is excellent with a picture so clear you may think there is an ocean in your living room. Sound bar is a little too far back so it sounds like it's coming from the back of the set. The units are lightweight and attractive. We would recommend LG products.

Original review: March 18, 2019

Nothing compares to a 4k OLED screen. The picture is perfect. Black is truly black and the HDR makes the colors vibrant. This built-in apps -- Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, MLB At Bat and IPTV (internet-based television), et al -- work great and are easy to use.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Sound and picture quality are great. TV is about eight years old and have not had any issues with it during this time. I highly recommend the LG brand. Price is extremely reasonable and setup was a breeze.

LG Refrigerators expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

• Best for: Home-theater enthusiasts, movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers and researchers.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs