LG TV

Compare TV Brands

Research top TV Brands recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I urge any/everyone looking to buy a TV NOT to buy Samsung. Not only was the quality poor, their customer service was an absolute joke. After having had my TV for less than 2 years, the picture went out (side note: I should have done my research right then-and-there, as it looks like this is a common occurrence among Samsung TVs). I called and spoke with customer service who first told me 'my warranty covered the damage plus parts and labor'. I proceeded to happy dance! In the next breath, she quickly changed her tune and told me it would cost $310 to buy a warranty. Wait. Huh? "You just said my warranty covered it." She was so hard to understand - and, quite frankly, frustrating – so I decided to sleep on it and call back the next morning.

The next day, I was unlucky enough to get an equally confusing and aggressive rep on the phone who just wanted my credit card information. He was not able to answer any of my questions and continued to repeat the same lines from his script, 'just give me your credit card information and we'll get a rep out to fix your TV'. FINE! I admit, that was a poor consumer decision but these CS reps are train to break you down, I swear! 5 days later, the day of my appointment, the LG technician called my cell phone and said he had to order a part for my [very standard] TV. Now mind you, I had taken the day off of work to accommodate their 'very convenient' appointment window of between noon and 5 pm. And now this guy tells me he needs a part and won't make his original appointment?! UGH!

Luckily for him, I had my guy stay home and deal with it the next day. According to him, the tech walked in, took 1 look at our TV and said, 'well, this part won't fix it. It'll be another $585 for another part. I tried to tell your girl but she wouldn’t listen'. That’s total bull, on so many levels! Consumers, you do the math... $310 for the 'warranty' + $585 for another 'mystery part' = I could buy a new g.d. TV! So, I'm out $310 PLUS had to buy a brand new [NON-LG!] TV. Spread the word - don't buy LG!!!

Have a 60 inch TV. The HDMI ports have died after 5 years and after doing research found out this was a very common problem for LG TVs made between 2011 and 2013 from what I have seen. Thus it was a manufacturer defect NO QUESTION. But LG says "too bad. So sad for you". Well that's fine. I have just ordered a new TV to replace the LG JUNK and can you guess what brand it is? Certainly not a LG. Screw me LG and I will do my best to let the world know what a useless company you are. Oh by the way I bought a new SAMSUNG TV my third now and LG will never exist in my vocabulary again and if I can help it in many other people too.

I received a brand new LG UHD 4k 65" tv for a wedding gift in December. The tv ranges from 1500-2000.00. It is already having issues with the screen and they are refusing to cover it because I do not have the receipt. I registered it online and it shows it is under warranty. There is no physical damage whatsoever and I have 3 other TVs that were cheaper and older and when they came across issues they sent someone out within 2-3 days. This is my best most expensive TV that is less than 3 months old already having issues. What should I do? This tv is 3 months new!!!

I bought a 4K LG Smart television. It was discounted. I now believe the reason why is because of outdated software. This television has very few apps on it that are free to use. And one particular app Pandora does not contain the codec that belongs in the app. I talked with customer service at LG and they said there was nothing they could do. I filed for a fix because the TV is under guarantee. I've never heard a word from anyone and it's been weeks. TV also has other problems with picture. A lot of blurring when a show starts. But something like putting a codec in an app is something that can be done in less than a minute. But evidently the company does not care and makes no effort to fix this very simple problem. I will never buy another LG television. And hhgregg as the seller has to know this model of television had to have problems. 49" UH6030.

Purchased my LG 43" ultra HD 4k TV in Nov. 16' and after 7 weeks I lost all video but had audio. I contacted LG customer service and they put me in contact with a repair company LG contracts out. A week later the repair technician shows up and says the panel is bad and it will take 5-7 days to get the part and then they would call to schedule repair. After 8 days I called to get the status of my part. I was told it was backordered and it would be another 3 weeks until the part arrives.

I decided to call LG and see what they could do ratify the issue. Once I got a hold of an LG agent I was told since the company they contract out already ordered the part there was nothing they could do. I explained that I was fine with 5-7 days but I was never asked if I wanted the part backordered. How is that my fault. I also mentioned the part that was ordered was ordered from LG so how can't LG do anything? I asked how do I get a 1 yr warranty and lose myTV for 2 months after only having it for 7 weeks. No answer. Just apologies. If the part is backordered it sounds to me that the issue with the panels is a mass problem that they can't keep enough parts on hand. Horrible service for such a large company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

My 47 inch 47LN5200 stopped turning on suddenly! This unit is less than 3 years old and of course not under warranty. LG said they would repair for 313 dollars! Doing the research these Tvs have this problem frequently. LGs support was terrible, and the product even worse! Only buy if you're wanting a lifespan of a year to two years! Learn from other mistakes, don't buy an LG TV or any product of LG for the matter, reviews are terrible!

LG tv keeps turning off then back on. Does this multiple times in a series. Contact to LG provided no assistance at all. Offered no help and not concerned. Just said to get repaired as over 1 yr old. It is Just two years old. How uncaring towards their consumers. If any class action suit started I am an advocate. A TV should last longer. All my others have.

One word garbage!!! I bought this tv new, and have it shipped to the D.R and we can't get it set up because it's stuck on the revolving balls and on the lg logo then freeze. And to make matters worse there is no help from LG or its tech. Don't buy it. Stick with Sony, Sanyo, Panasonic etc. But not LG!!!

I was at a Micro Center Store looking for a new TV. I found a LG TV I liked. I called LG customer service while at the store and asked if the TV has an ambient light sensor. The LG representative said it did, so I bought the TV. I contacted LG customer service again which gave me the runaround for hours. One of the LG reps even refused to get a manager. I gave up and e-mailed LG executives. Over a week later, they finally responded that all they will do is take the TV back for a refund. LG lied about the TV having the feature I wanted. Instead of wasting more of my time, they need to do what is right -- send me a TV that has the feature they promised my TV had.

I just want everyone to know the terrible quality and customer service of LG. I've had a 50 inch LED tv for less than 3 years. It was purchased in 2013. The sound is ok but no picture. The led backlight strip went out. Googled it and found it to be a very common defect with these tvs. Contacted LG. They won't do anything about it. I took it to an electronics recycling event at work. There were 4 other 50 inch LG with the same model number and 2 47 inch LG all made in 2013.

Bought a LED/LCD Plasma tv in 2011 and spent $1000.00 on it. It's been close to 5 years to the date and tv screen freezes for about 30 seconds then turns off...dead! You would think a tv would last a little bit longer considering the price paid! I've had others that lasted 20+. Called LG to let them know what was going on, and told me it was the main circuit board...of course not covered under warranty. Called a local tv service, $300.00 to get it fixed. I let LG know how upset I was and that I will never again purchase a LG product.

LG TV 55" 55UF6450-UA 4K Ultra HD bought brand new on 11-28-15 for master bedroom. Used average of 2 hrs per day. On 11-25-16 it went blank. Called support line first time on 11-26-16, got foreign person. Long story short: many calls and two visits by a Houston technician, my junk TV is not fixed. Tried complaining to LG online and got another idiot response: call your technician back. The point is: a $1,000 TV went out after only 730 hours use. That's horrible, and they should have immediately offered to send me a new TV. Instead, I am stuck in a terrible circle of pain. Do not ever buy anything from LG!!! I tried to wait on them to step up as it would have cost them maybe $200 to replace it? Their cost of a new one.

I am really really super frustrated with the LG TV I bought almost 2 years back. It suddenly stopped showing the picture and the RED light blinks couple of times and TV goes on stand by mode. After reading all the reviews this seems to be a known manufacture issue in LG TVs. If that is the case then why we are suffering as consumers and why LG is not recalling these TVs. So many users have same issue which is really frustrating. I called up customer support and they are simply saying we cannot do anything because warranty is expired. I would not recommend to buy LG tv's to anybody. This is very painful. Very bad experience.

LG 42inch Smart Television (2012) - For the first two years I never had a problem with the television set but from the third year onwards I kept losing the picture. The sound quality was absolutely fine. I initially thought that maybe it was the aerial or sat dish but what was weird was that I had set my DVD-R on pre-record for my favourite programmes and even though I couldn't see a picture the recorder recorded the programmes so that when I did get the picture back I was able to watch the programme. So for the last two years, I have put up with every day wondering if I am going to get a picture when I turn on the tv. It is incredibly frustrating and I have had no joy whenever I have contacted LG. I shall never buy an LG television again. Life's Good but not when you purchase an LG television!

This note is to explain the continuing problems we are having with our LG LED TV, model number 47LN5400. The TV was purchased by my sons in December 2013 as a gift for myself and my wife. The first LED panel burned out in July 2015. As it was out of warranty, I paid to have it fixed. The second LED panel burned out in Oct. 2015 and LG stepped up and warrantied the panel. The third LED panel burned out in Feb. 2016 and LG again stepped up and warrantied the panel. The latest LED panel (number 4) burned out in Nov. 2016. This time LG refused to warranty the fourth panel. This is certainly my last LG product as I have a VIZIO that is working flawlessly for over 10 years. I am researching to see if I have any recourse in having LG repair or replace this TV as it sure seems as it's a lemon.

Bought 2 43 LG UHD 4K TV's last Black Friday. These were Christmas gifts. I gave one to a family member in January when we were able to go to their home. The set was hardly used and 2 months ago the set went out and never came back on. My relative was embarrassed to let me know. I called LG support and was given phone numbers of third party repair facilities as they have no support in my area. I called these places and was told they were booked through January and the cost for the preliminary check would be 225.00 + parts. I bought these for 349.00. My advice buy Samsung. Bought my Smart TV 5 years ago and it plays like the day I turned it on.

I bought the LG 55LA965W UHD 4K TV a year and half ago, I have been mislead and probably every other person that has bought the TV. It's meant to be 4K and the max resolution is only 1080p. Found out that the TV's HDMI ports are all 1.4 which can't display anything in 4K. LG says they have an Upgrade kit which will cost me 265. Why should I pay that? I paid 1499 for the TV thinking it will play 4K content. Will LG even give me this upgrade for free?

47" LG tv model LE5400 - I purchased my TV in 2011, and paid 1000.00 for it. I was very happy with it - until this past December, when I was looking forward to watching Christmas shows and it just completely quit. You can turn it on, and the panel lights up, then goes off. But nothing - totally nothing - on the screen. No picture, no sound, no lights. I am retired and have no money to replace. My TV is my only source of entertainment. I am so disappointed with LG. I also called them and was told that for a one time only special offer, they could fix for 331.00 for parts and labor. I could buy another TV for that - IF I HAD the money to do so.

I sold TVs and always considered LG to be one of the best. I keep seeing that there is a class action suit, and I want in if so. I dislike going against a company that I thought so highly of, but I feel cheated and kind of robbed too. If they knew this TV was a bad product, why did they sell it this way? Doesn't customer satisfaction and good quality mean anything anymore? Doesn't anybody care anymore?

We purchased a 60" LG in March 2016. To put in a warranty claim you must first ring Manila in the Philippines and then you are put on hold and asked a series of time consuming questions and given certain tasks to do like remove the large TV from the wall mount to retrieve information from the back of the unit. A 60" TV is very heavy and hard to remove from the wall without damaging something. When you finally give up with the warranty claim you then must order parts from an international importing company into South Australia and then have the parts posted out to you if you are interstate. LG don't go there!! BAD BAD BAD!!!

In 2016 I tried to get a repair on the Media box of an LG 47LH85 TV, purchased in 2010. I was told (by both a repair shop and LG customer service) that due to lack of parts availability, it could not be repaired. This is unacceptable. LG must support its products by making replacement parts available.

When I placed a call LG hung up on me and they did not resolve the problem. Called back only to find out our smart LG tv is not smart, they are way behind with their technology. They do not have an app that makes sling tv or Directv work on their TV's without a smart box. So why pay the price for a smart tv when a regular tv works the same way?

I have bought 3 LG products as washing machine, 3D 42 inch television, & refrigerator having faith in LG products on 15th Aug 12 from E-Zone at Milan Mall Santacruz West. My fridge got damaged after 18 months as its heat plate was irreparable and after multiple follow up with LG service team they had refunded us 80% of fridge value. LG team promised us to refund 100% of product value but then they settled it at 80%. Now after 4 years my television is damaged because of its motherboard has been damaged and it is not available in the market. After multiple follow up with LG Team (**), they are refunding us only 9400 which is only 15% of product value. I would request LG team to replace the television with new tv or give me refund for the product. My faith in LG products is completely shattered. Request you to please take some appropriate action and do the needful.

I called your customer service number to ask about a problem I am having with my LG TV, model 47LB6300. I have owned this TV since 5/2014 and it has recently started blinking on and off when I try to watch it. It has happened several times and recently does not return to an operational state but continues to blink, like a strobe. I have looked this up online and found that this is a recurring problem.

The LG customer service person was one of the most uncaring and unaccommodating I have ever run across. She did not seem the least bit concerned about the issue, suggesting a solution or perhaps just apologizing for the terrible product quality that LG has provided in this TV. I have owned a few TVs in my life and all of them have worked well until they were replaced for newer technology after 10-15 years. Two and a half years of use is not a good quality product and LG should be ashamed to have this kind of quality issue. I will NEVER buy an LG product and will share this experience with my friends.

I bought this tv less than 3 years ago and now I'm going to have to replace it as all I have is a black picture with sound. This seems to be a common problem with this tv. I called LG to see what they are doing to compensate buyers of this tv and I was told there is no service recall for this problem and the rep was unaware of any complaints. There are a ton of complaints about this problem and most consumers are being told it cost more than the tv was to purchase to repair it if they could. This tv has a track record of losing the picture right after the manufacturers warranty expires so if you didn't purchase an extended policy when you bought the tv you are totally out of luck as LG claims there is no problem.

I have also found that there is a class action lawsuit against LG for these defective tv's which I will pursue and I recommend anyone who has experienced this issue to join in. Also so they will have to be accountable for selling an inferior product. Now I know why they are so reasonably priced as they know you will have to replace it in a couple of years and if they keep the truth about these tv's a secret we consumers would probably buy another tv from them thinking it is an isolated incident which it clearly isn't. I am one of the lucky ones with an extended warranty so I do have someone coming to check it out but have already been informed that this tv is almost never repairable. I'm hoping if it's not repairable that LG will provide some compensation for me to purchase a new tv which WILL NOT BE AN LG!!!

Got up early morning, wondering what happen to my TV set. The Volume was still on, but I had a black screen, and to this day the set will not come on. Come on LG, life is suppose to be Good, not have your customer deal with this problem. Now after looking I SEE A LOT OF COMPLAINTS. OVER 700. WE GOT THE SHORT END OF THE STICK. AND IT WASN'T EVEN GREASED!!!

I bought an LG tv in October 2016 and it came with a free 47" tv. There is no problem with the other tv but the free 47" tv only comes on in black and white. I called their toll-free number and was assisted by a helpful agent. Two days later technicians came over to check the tv. They checked the tv and told me there was something wrong with the circuit board and it needs to be replaced. They told me if the board is available in Cebu then they can repair it in a few days' time if it's not available it will take a bit more time.

A week later on Nov. 11, I haven't heard back from them so I called them and was told that the part is not available but it has been ordered and will arrive in Cebu on Nov. 24 and will probably be installed the next day. No one called or came the next day. I called LG on Nov. 26, 28 and Dec. 1. NO ONE answered their phone at all. Mind you this is a toll-free number. It makes me wonder if they're still in business. I also emailed LG on Nov. 28 but didn't get a response. I spoke to the people I bought the tv from and they told me I have to go through LG. So now I have a black and white tv while we are living in the new millennium. Bad customer service, LG! I will repeat this to anyone who will listen, DO NOT buy LG or you'll be stuck with a broken appliance and no help from them.

Bought a few years ago, barely turn it on. A year ago I try to turn it on and guess what... it DOESN'T TURN ON AT ALL! LG customer service is absolutely the worst. Don't ever buy any of their products. They don't honor anything.

I purchased a LG tv (47) a year and a half ago and the tv went black but we were still able to hear what was going on. Not 2 min later the screen went black! I took it back to Best Buy and they shipped it to Dallas to see if it could be repaired. Well, of course it could not be fixed and it would be cheaper to purchase another one! I can not believe this! Now I see how they can afford to sell the TVs so cheap during the holidays! I will NOT be purchasing another. I bought an antenna from Radio Shack and it works just fine. I really wish I would have researched more before buying the tv.

We bought our tv in 2006. We love it, however, it keeps turning itself off and on on a regular basis. Some days not so much and other days all the time... We contacted our repairman, who we bought the tv from, and we had to take the tv into him. However, it did not do the turning off and on while he had it. It is annoying, especially when you are watching a show.

In June of 2013, I purchased a 47" LG TV. In March of 2016, my TV went black. I tried to turn it off and on... nothing!! I called LG and was told what they thought I needed and I couldn't pay that much to fix the TV because you can get a new one for not much more. My TV is the LN series which I was just told by repair techs that they had bad backlights in them. When I contacted LG again they acted like they never heard of this problem. My model is 47LN5400VABUSQLAR. Now I just read on a review that there is a class action suit regarding this issue. If someone knows of this case, can you please let me know.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.
  • Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.
  • Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.
  • IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.
  • 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.
  • Best for Home-theater enthusiasts, movie and TV connoisseurs, bargain shoppers and researchers.

Compare TV Brands