LG TV

LG TVs
Shop on Amazon
Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.22/5

LG TVs Reviews

Original review: Nov. 21, 2019

I bought a OLED65B7 a year and a half ago. Great TV, amazing picture. Best picture IMO over any other tv. I noticed I had some burn in and some pixel degradation starting. I had bought an extended warranty because the set was $2500. I made a claim and was denied coverage because they said burn in was not covered by the warranty. The tv only have a year manufacturer's warranty. I contacted LG and they went out of their way to replace my panel. They are a company that stands behind their product. They could have told me no because it was out of warranty but they realized that the product should have lasted longer. I will keep buying LG sets. Superior picture with awesome customer service!!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2019

As a well traveled sales application engineer, I have stayed at many a hotel during my career. What I have noticed at these hotels, is the particular selection of TVs in the rooms. At a mid range priced room - the TVs mostly used are LGs. Once I enter the room, if an LG is there, I know I have selected the correct hotel. Picture quality, ease of use, and remote functions are unmatched by the industry. I therefore purchase only LG.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2019

I purchased my LG TV at a very good price and wasn't too sure about the brand, because I have never owned anything from LG. It turns out that it is the best TV I have ever owned and I have owned a lot of TVs. I have owned Sears, Phillips, Curtis Mathis, Sony, RCA, Samsung, and some I cannot remember. Of all these the LG has the clearest picture and the most amazing color. The sound is excellent and it works great with all of my computers.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I've had my LG for 5 years now - and have had no problems at all. I've installed a Fire Stick with no problems and a sound bar, but the volume is actually pretty good on its own. Times have changed & I have all my music available through my TV so I easily switch over & listen without too much fuss. The picture quality is great & the TV is not overly heavy for its size. Fingers crossed this TV lasts several more years.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I have 4 LG TVs in my home. When I purchased my very first flat screen, I wasn't certain which brand to choose. I began doing my ratings research, and from the information provided, I chose to go with an LG. The ratings were based on price, visual display, sound quality, and ease of use of the remote features. Having been completely satisfied with the first purchase, I have since bought 3 more LG flat screens to replace the remaining 3 picture tube TVs, and have not had a problem with either. The name says it all, L.ife's G.ood!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: June 24, 2020

Before I tell you the issue, let me say from February 2020-June 24 2020, I called and spoke with someone more time that I wish to recount, as well as emailing. I don't know for sure but at 12 times is a safe estimate. When I called, it was always escalated and I was told I would hear back at which point it was entirely dropped and I never heard back. In each email I re-supplied all context, cast number, account info, product serial, purchase date, model, etc, etc in every email so there were no excuses. They were not delayed in getting back to me. I'm certain they read my concern and JUST DROPPED IT because it happened so many times.

Today June 24 2020 I finally got an reply with a brief email that was from a "donotreply@lge.com". Isn't that cute and convenient for you. It basically said tough and after multiple people said, "I'll have someone reach out," I get this 4 months later. The issue is I paid a boat load for an LG OLED TV. But guess what? When I got it, it was a different TV on the outside with what I'm told are the LG OLED guys on the inside. But I wanted it specifically for the thin sides all the way down. It's not only bad that they wrote this but and defended it but they did it after a dozen reps apologizing for the misunderstanding and recognizing my frustration. Here is what they wrote. "On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 9:25 AM wrote:

"This is not a false advertisement as the photos the customer is pointing out is also the same as on our website. these are just provided a basis of the general overview of how the product looks like as is stated on the lg website that the photos there has a DISCLAIMER that some product details may vary depending on the region, country, or model. Note: This email address is used for outgoing mail only." Thank you. WOW. Just... WOW... NEVER never buying anything LG again and sharing my experience with as many people as I can. Sending this with a do not reply is done by design. Do you agree? I think 9 out of 10 agree and so here we have some objective evidence as to the support culture at LG.

Original review: June 16, 2020

Hello, I'm writing this review to inform people to be warned when buying an LG TV. I am a little upset and taken by surprise as I was told by a friend that LG tvs are good. I recently bought an LG 65in 4k tv and have been battling with the audio sync since I got the TV. I've tried all the recommended fixes, updates, bypass of audio sync, adjusting the sync setting, resetting the audio and still it ends up going out of sync within about 5 hours. This TV is giving me the biggest headache and it's only been 4 days. I tried to give it the benefit of the doubt but there is no fixing the issue. I'm really disappointed and will never buy an LG TV ever again. Not to mention this TV was the more expensive option of TVs I was considering and I half expected a better quality but was really disappointed obviously.

Original review: May 23, 2020

I bought this expensive TV based on excellent reviews, none of which warned me that the smart features will not connect to Mac IOS-based devices, including iPhones, iPads, etc. After spending several hours, following on screen directions (which didn't explain that LG TV's are not compatible with IOS) I got a hold of LG support. The tech cheerfully told me that the devices are in fact incompatible and that it is "an Apple problem." He advised me that I would either need to download all my photos onto a flash drive or connect via an HDMI cable to my computer (which does not have an HDMI port). The product should come with a disclaimer plainly printed on the box: THIS TV IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH MAC IOS-BASED DEVICES.

Original review: May 21, 2020

I bought this TV as it was recommended as a 'Which' magazine best buy. However I am unable to watch some sites due to only being able to use the installed Netcast browser. I keep getting 'update your browser' facility but it is not possible to do this. I have only owned this TV for a couple of weeks but it is going to become less and less usable as other sites upgrade. Would recommend any prospective purchasers to look elsewhere.

Original review: May 3, 2020

I started having problem with my LG after a year. It would not connect to the internet. I was told that the software was no good. I do not recommend this TV. Waste of my money. Pure junk. Will never buy an LG again. Thus for sure I do not recommend it

LG TV author review by ConsumerAffairs

A top-tier TV manufacturer, LG has steadily expanded into smart TVs. Today, the company offers several series of new technology, such as the 4K TVs, in sizes larger than 55 inches.

• Built-in sound systems: All models feature built-in speakers for excellent multi-channel and surround-sound technology to deliver a cinema-like experience.

• Smart technology: Many models provide built-in apps, allowing you to switch between programs and apps and quickly connect to external devices.

• Smart technology: The LED TV models have at least full 1080p resolution or higher to ensure the picture is crystal clear. In addition to that, automatic upscaling ensures that if a movie or show doesn't match your TV's resolution, the TV will enhance the content for you.

• IPS display: Models with IPS technology increase the viewing capacity of your screen, allowing you to get a great view no matter where you're sitting.

• 3D viewing: Watch 3D content without losing the 3D effects.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team