LG TVs

3.6/5 (589 ratings)
Shop Now on Amazon

About LG TV

LG TVs Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TVs?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

I am writing to tell that the LG tv I am currently owing is unable to add some of the applications like Sonyliv, Hotstar, etc.,. When I have contacted customer care I was shocked to hear that the model I own doesn't support. Having invested around 2lac by 2016 and within 5 five year term LG is not able to update their software for their old model. What kind of feature are you providing in such a costly model?? When you are not able to support in near future why don't you inform customer the same? When other service providers able to give updates well better than this model in a very low cost why LG selling their products in a huge price for nothing? This is just a SCREEN now without any kind of additional features.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2021

Got a 70" 4k LG TV for my birthday. Going to purchase something else immediately. Not compatible with many apps. And slow as molasses in the winter. I suggest you don't waste your time with substandard media like this. Never will there be any LG product in my house again.

Resolution In ProgressRated with 1 star
Original review: Aug. 30, 2021

Initially when the TV was purchased (43UM6910PUA) I wanted to set up with wifi since it was a smart TV. Wifi never stayed connected after turning on, I would need to change the country in settings for the TV to recognize my wifi network. I then upgraded my wifi to a whole house mesh network thinking that was the issues, it didn't fix the problem I still needed to change the country in settings for my wifi to be recognized. I eventually gave up and bought a Roku stick and that solved the connectivity issues. Then out of the blue after 1 year 10 months the screen went black, I can see its back lit when the TV is on but no picture. Called customer service, sent me to a repair guy to have the tv fixed. Very disappointed in the entire experience in owning this TV.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

What sets LG TVs apart from the rest of the pack is webOS. The platform is easy to use and works extremely well with modern electronics. Moreover, with so many installable apps, we officially cut the cord this year and have only gigabit Internet.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

OLED LG TV which costed me $4700 didn't last more than 2 years and the motherboard went faulty, very low usage and this happened. The customer service are trying to get away from fixing it for more than a month now, but I'm going to court next week and sue this shameless company.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2021

I am sorry to say that I had and am still having a terrible experience using the LG Smart TV. It's been three years since I bought it. I replaced the remote several times and my TV is updated. Nothing happened apart from my money getting wasted. Such a terrible experience.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2021

This is my 4th LG TV. Still have 2 and gave one away. Impressed with the picture and how easy the set is to operate. Sometimes a little lag in the picture but it was expected by what the sales person advised before I made my decision.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2021

I decided to ‘go for it’ and purchased the OLED model. Very nice indeed. This tv fit right in to my home theatre system. I had cut the cord and worked my way through the array of streaming services. The LG takes the picture to entire new level I didn’t think I’d ever experience.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2021

Great picture, good sound. Easy to use remote. Great additional features and applications that make it very interesting to scroll down and use! Easy to use as and smart thing product together with my phone!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2021

There are some things that my LG TV lacks on, but it's better than the ones I've had before. The main issue I have with my LG TV is the bootup speed, another thing too is how it processes things as it takes a while for the TV to handle things. The internet connectivity on it too is pretty slow, even when connected directly to the router using Ethernet. The smart features on the TV is also pretty limited as I wished to have the Amazon Alexa integration capability in it too, but I didn't get that in with the TV -- so I was quite a bit disappointed with it. My entire house is equipped with Amazon Echo devices and it's also a nice touch where I'm able to control a lot of smart appliances and devices with it which makes everything for me much easier to manage since I tend to be pretty busy throughout the day, so it takes a while to get things going.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2021

I’ve got 5 in my house. The oldest is 7 years old. They all work perfect. Well worth the money. I’ll never buy a different brand. Also rated very high thru many online outfits. The color, the the brightness and everything thing about them is great. My smallest is a 20 inch in my smallest bedroom. They go up in size from there. My 65 inch is the largest in my living room so I have a variety of sizes and she’s never once have I had to have them fixed. My newest one is 4 years old now almost 5. Thanks for letting me share my experience with anyone that reads this. Very satisfied customer.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2021

The LG TV is very reasonably priced. It has a clear picture and channels are easy to navigate from the remote. We also find using the DVD for this television is no problem. The size screen we have, 48 inches is a good size for our living room as we do not want such a giant screen since it may not be comfortable to watch. I do not know what is wrong with our LG in the bedroom. Each time we turn it on now, it shows a different volume number and we can not move it up or down. We are stuck watching the program at this volume. As long as it stays around 43, we will keep the TV, but if it fluctuates too much, we may be forced to purchase a new one. This TV is over 10 years old anyway.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

Our LG TVs are in our bedroom and in the living room. We like the picture and sound quality. The one in our bedroom has served us well over 10 years, but it has an issue. Each time we open it up, a set volume appears and we can not make it softer or louder. As long as it stays around 43 we will keep it. The one in the living room is a great size for the room. The movies we order look good and the sound quality is good as well. WE have had LGs over the years and we think it is a great quality and a excellent bang for the buck.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2021

Absolutely the worst company I have to deal with. Incompetent technical department who kept on insisting they had repaired my unit for 2nd time and ensuring everything is working. NOT. I had to send back my LG 43 inch 43UN700-B screen the 3rd time for repair, and they still insisted that they will have the INCOMPETENT technical department to do another repair and send back the unit to me the 3rd time before they can do anything else.

Wasted 2.5 months from the 1st day I had to return this defective unit till the day I received it after the 2nd repair. And today, 08/05/2021, I had to return it again and who knows how long it will take for them to "repair" it and send it back to me, and me experiencing same problem the 3rd time, and calling them to report the same issue 3rd time. They ensured me that 2nd time that after the 2nd repair if the problem still continued, they will send me brand new replacement. They went back on their own word. Wow. Last time I will ever purchase another LG product.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

This TV is slow to connect to my state of the art wifi system, we have no connectivity problems with any other devices. It also has a list of apps that it supports, if you want to use an app that it doesn't support you have to use a Roku stick. The roku stick worked for a while, but it has somehow found a way to disable the content coming from it, and I can no longer watch anything that doesn't run through their operating system. I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but I suspect that there is some sort of financial arrangement that has been made with specific apps, and that they are intent on blocking any app who is not paying them. The TV is going in the trash tomorrow, I'll never buy one of their products again.

Original review: July 15, 2021

Original purchased 03/2017 at 2 (June, 2019) years the screen had burn in images in various locations on the screen most prevalent were program crawlers run. LG did a one time replacement of the screen. The technician set up the refresh tool on the set to prevent recurrence. It is now less than 2 years later (May, 2021) and the burn in is worse than before. They no longer will service a television with this known short lifespan. They continue to sell this product as a premium product. Warning it will last less than 2 years. It takes multiple calls and waits for service to respond. Our model is OLED55B6P. This our second LG product that suffered early life failure. The other was an LG dishwasher that the door spring and door rusted out.

Original review: July 14, 2021

I bought a 55" LG TV straight LED, just over 3 years ago. Recently a 2-inch bright sun spot appeared just right of center screen. Called LG, they said sorry it's out of warranty, asked for a supervisor, supervisor said same thing. I said the TV only has 9800 hours of use or 1/6th of what you say it's rated for. They didn't care. Offered me a 10% off coupon. Don't buy it. You will regret it down the road.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I bought a 75" LG (not realizing I would be moving it 50 times if it broke). Well needless to say it flopped 6 months after the 1 year warranty expired. Never had that happen to a tv before. The thing still has the plastic on it because I don't use it much. Tried to get an out of warranty repair scheduled and that's taking me over 2 weeks to even schedule it because of all the red tape. Not an easy process to say the least. They send emails you can't respond to, so you really have no idea who is sending them or who to reply to. Wasn't happy when I first bought it and now I find it's been discontinued. Wonder why? Well it's faulty and I bought a faulty design that came from a faulty company. Buying LG? GOOD LUCK

Original review: July 2, 2021

I bought the TV in May 2020 and in early March 2021 it stopped working and I contacted LG and started the warranty process. It is now early July 2021 and no resolution with over 20 hours on the phone and two trips to Best Buy and two trips to the repair shop. All for a $400 TV. LG sent out a repair person - they couldn't fix it and ordered the replacement part and when it was delivered I took the TV to the repair shop myself. After a week, the replacement part didn't work and the defective part was not available. This phase took a month. I called LG and they gave me a number and said go to Best Buy to exchange the TV - at Best Buy they had no idea what I was talking about (as I am carrying around a 50" TV). I called LG and they said "you shouldn't have gone to Best Buy until we tell you".

I have called 1-2 times a week since then - never anyone who can give me an update and I am always told "Our supervisor will call you. We don't know why we haven't processed and advised Best Buy" or "please check with Best Buy". I checked again last week. Today I called and demanded to speak to a supervisor given they never return the call - after 2 hrs on hold I was disconnected. I will never ever buy another LG product - ordering Samsung TV tonight. Tired of waiting and want to watch a full size TV - been using an old 32" as I was waiting.

Resolution response: July 20, 2021

Carleton was very professional and knew his stuff. I like to thank LG and Carleton for getting my tv up and running.

Original review: June 26, 2021

Purchased a LG 65" Smart TV. It's 1 1/2 years old. I paid over $1000 now I have sound with a black screen. Contacted LG they said it's out of warranty. Now I am stuck with a dead tv. Will never get another LG product again. Lesson Learned! This needs to be look at by ConsumerAffairs!

Resolution response: Sept. 4, 2021

LG went out of the way to help. Issue was minor. Technicians very knowledgeable. Warranty department team was great and efficient. Consumers: purchase longer warranties.

Original review: June 20, 2021

TV was purchased from Best Buy in December 2017 at the premium price. Worked well until June 2021. Tv began flickering, sound is still on but impossible to see. Called authorized by LG technician. First he offered to replace a motherboard. In a week it was replaced and no changes. Second time he offered to replace a panel. $1900. Called LG: "Sorry you are out of one year warranty." Three and half years is very short life. LG does not care. Stay away from this company.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Purchased a LG OLED 55 inch TV in March of 2018. Spent $1,801.96, (including tax), on a brand new state of the art, best picture, best hd, vibrant color, etc thinking that I would be able to enjoy the tv for a lengthy period of time. The tv failed in less than 3 years due to defective parts. The service technician said the tv required a brand new panel, no other way around it. LG has refused to acknowledge the problem. Internet research has proven there are countless unhappy consumers, who purchased the tv in years 2018 and 2019, by having their tv turn on and off by itself or just not turn on in the first place. My question to anyone reading this... Why would anyone spend $1,800 on a tv that they knew would last less than 3 years? LG knows about this problem and still refuses to stand by their product. DON'T BUY AN LG OLED TV! It's a waste of your hard earned money!

Resolution response: July 3, 2021

Spent hours with LG and repeating the same story. LG does not care about the consumer. If you need a resolution you need to follow up until they give you an answer. If you get a tech take pictures before they touch your TV. LG tech broke the screen while trying to fix it and later blaming me for the damages. Thank God I had a video of the TECH fixing it. Costco at the end helped me get a resolution.

Original review: June 8, 2021

I bought a 86" TV 4 months ago from Costco. The TV screen light on the left side was darker. I called for repair and Costco said they have nothing to do because is less than a year. I was referred to LG and they sent a TECH after ordering different part. First TECH attempted to fix it. The TECH damaged the screen while attempting to change the lights inside the TV. He told me that a replacement was a better option.

After contacting LG customer service I was told they needed to send a different TECH, after the TECH ordered the screen and attempted to put it together. Again he could not put it together because he was missing parts. 3rd time LG sent a different TECH and again and again keep rejecting the request to replace because now they are saying I broke the screen when their TECHs don't know what they are doing. LG's customer service are not helping. I have more than an 1 month trying to get a TV. No one is helping and I think it is very unfair. I have photos of the TV and the TECHs fixing the TV, by now I will need to hire an attorney.

Original review: May 26, 2021

We bought our 65 inch LG Smart TV 2 years ago. Since we purchased the TV, it started turning itself often sometimes turning itself back on and other times we have to manually turn it on. We recently visited a hotel in Baltimore which had the same LG TV in the hotel room and lo and behold that LG TV did the exact same thing! It is not timer related as most of the tech recommendations suggest. Tried everything suggested by YouTube as well. Each time it cuts off the LG symbol pops up showing 'LG Life is Good'.... NOT!!! Never ever again would I buy and LG device.

Original review: May 12, 2021

I have sent in my HU85LA three times and received a text my refund was approved. I have waited 4 weeks with no email on the next steps and my $6000 check has not been issued. I've called in 5 times, emailed, and texted and only told it is being escalated to a supervisor, yet they have no phones where I can talk to them. I am hoping someone from LG will see this and actually do something. My case is **.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Purchased a 3D OLED TV from Harvey Norman in Mackay on the 1/09/2017 for $4,995.00. Just out of warranty. With a fight they replaced the screen but not with a 3D screen an ordinary 2D screen. Within 12 months the screen they replaced has failed with the same problem. Now they only want to offer me $2,000.00 compensation.

Original review: April 9, 2021

I am very disappointed in LG's OLED TVs. First off, I think it's ridiculous how they market these as having excellent picture quality but don't warn customers that you have to watch them with caution. If you leave static images on screen for too long, you risk the possibility of burn in which happened to me twice! The first time it happened, LG replaced my screen at no additional charge (Which is not recommended). After the replacement, my screen burned in again less than a year later even after my running the clear panel noise tool to help prevent it from happening.

I contacted LG support to inform them of the issue, and I was routed to executive level support who rudely informed me that they could not do anything since they'd replaced it the first time. This is after they admitted the TV I have does not have the appropriate software to help mitigate the burn in issue and it was no fault of my own. Ridiculous as I paid almost 2K for this TV. LG does not cover burn in for a reason and I personally think it's unprofessional as they know their TV's are susceptible to this issue and it's not just a "user error"!

Also, LG, why not warn customers ahead of time that they need to basically "babysit" their TV if they purchase an OLED and cannot watch it in a traditional sense (Meaning leaving it on sports for more than a few hours)? I have always been a fan of LG but this experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth. I would not recommend purchasing an OLED from LG. I hope your software has gotten better over the years bc the picture quality is great however; customers like me are left with almost 2k gone down the drain due to burn in that you knew was possible yet ignored to inform customers of. Your support team at the executive level needs to up its level of professionalism as well.

Original review: April 8, 2021

My LG TV won’t hold an internet connection. I see many other complaints about this issue! Sad! I’ve only had the TV for a year! Their products are ghetto. Made to break after one year! So sad! I’m so mad right now!

Original review: March 31, 2021

TV comes with 1 year warranty as they don't last much longer than this. Mine managed to last 3 and a half years which is poor for the price I paid. Contacted LG and they didn't want to know. LG stands for Low Grade. Do yourself a favour and avoid this company. I would suggest your money would be better spent with Samsung or Sony.

Original review: March 9, 2021

I purchased my television on January 27th, 2020 and by the end of July 2020, it began turning itself on at random times all by itself. After multiple attempts to get the tv repaired without finding a repair person in my area and waiting several months, I finally insisted I receive a new tv or a full refund. I began trying in late October to get a prepaid label to return my tv for a full refund. I finally received the label and my tv was received by LG in Duluth, GA on 1/19/21. Since that time I have made multiple attempts either by texting the RA Department, emailing and calling. I have so many notes, dates, who I spoke with, etc. At this point, I’ve spoken to no less than 6 individuals in the RA Department and Executive Services since 2/1/21 to see where my check is after being told originally the check would go out on 2/5. My last call was 3/2 with a promise of getting my check but still nothing has happened. LG has much to improve.

LG TVs Company Information