LG TV

LG TVs Reviews

Original review: Jan. 2, 2020

I purchased this tv in the summer of 2017. It was manufactured in March of 2017. The tv now has a black line across it. After calling a repair tv guy that LG gave me he tells me the part alone will cost 1657.16 before tax and shipping. I paid over $2400.00 for this tv (75in) and now after two years they tell me I am just outside my warranty and nothing they can do. The repair guy said this was the third LG with this issue but LG stood up and covered all charges for the other customers that was also "outside warranty". Not sure how LG can justify telling any customer they are on the hook to pay almost as much to fix the tv than what it cost just two years ago. This was the top brand and no way it should cost me this much to fix only after 2 years.

Costco asked me to call LG to work this out and was sure they would help me. After 3 calls all three told me I was out of luck. Have to call back Costco to let them know how the call went but still not sure Costco can help at this point. I just need help from LG to step up and cover the charges here to fix a top line tv that shouldn't be broke only after 2 years. No way a customer should be on the hook for a tv this new. No way an LG product should break this quick and the customer is told too bad. When I bought LG I thought I was getting the top tv on the market made by a great company. If I get a resolution to help fix I will update but at this point I will never buy anything LG.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2019

I purchased oled55b9pua. I actually called to be sure that this TV was airplay compatible. However after following the instructions this did not work. You referred me to Apple who couldn’t seem to figure it out either. I’m very disappointed and I would never have purchased this TV without that feature included. What do you suggest I do?

Original review: Dec. 19, 2019

My LG 65' LED TV has a TV screen issue and required a replacement. My TV is still within warranty. However, after 3 weeks of waiting, I have no update on the status. After 3 weeks of waiting, on 6 Dec, I called the service centre and was informed that a replacement will be coming but they were not able to commit a date. I asked for the direct number to the team in charged but the person refused to share saying it's an internal number. He promised he will escalate the issue to the team. I asked for a status update on 9 Dec, but no one contact me.

On 10 Dec, I called the service centre again only to be informed that they will escalate to the team again. However, there is still no update or confirmation on when I can get a a replacement. To date, no one contacted me about the next step for my TV repair. This is a very disappointing experience with LG. Not only the product doesn't last, the company post-sales customer service is bad.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

We bought a display OLED 65". Upon getting it home, we found that the tv had a burn in. We called LG within 24 hours since we had purchased the 4 year extended warranty. We called on Wednesday and they made an appt for the tech to come out on Monday to check the tv between 8am-12pm. My husband took the day off work and took the tv off the wall as instructed in the email he received about the appt time. At 10am, he called LG to confirm the appt time since we hadn't heard from anyone and they confirmed he would be here by 12pm.

At 12:30pm, the technician called and asked if we had received the parts. WHAT PARTS? Apparently the tech ordered parts to be sent to our home and calls us AFTER the appt time to see if we got them. We didn't even know that parts were being sent to us. So now we have our TV laying in our living room, a day off work for nothing, and no parts. We called LG Customer no-service and they basically asked "What do you want us to do about it?" TERRIBLE Customer Service. They can't tell us when the parts shipped, a tracking number, when they will be here or when we can actually get our tv fixed. I'm contemplating returning the tv to the store and buying another brand on Black Friday so we don't have to deal with this mess.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2019

In July 2017, I bought a 50" TV. In Dec. 2018 the picture started to fade from the corners toward the middle. By this fall, half way down the screen was so black you couldn't make out anything. Finally gave up and got rid of it. Too bad their product doesn't last and is not very good quality.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LG TV?

Original review: Nov. 18, 2019

I have had problems with the tv since day one. I did miss the return deadline so after finding this out I followed all steps to file a warranty claim with LG. I had several different tv tech companies come out since beginning of the year of 2019 and look at the tv. The most helpful was Ben's Tv with this issue. They have replaced parts and have taken there time on this matter. They replaced the panel, wiring and other parts. My issue is that I get horizontal lines at the bottom and top of the screen which it comes and goes. I have had Ben's Tv come out numerous times and they pretty much said there is nothing else they can fix on this tv.

LG wants to replace the panel again, which a new one has already been put on. I have had to take several days off work to accommodate the tv from being picked up and I am tired of fighting with Lg that this tv is in fact a LEMON. I have purchased several tv's in my time and never came across such a horrible experience. They denied me a tv replacement and I do not know what else more to do. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and they LG played along for a while then completely stopped communication after they said they would come up with a resolution 2 months ago. Worst company ever!!!!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

Worst tv I've ever owned. Horrible. The sound is muffled. The HD is skewed. They've made it so when you put the wall bracket on it covers the area to plug in all your cords. I mean, seriously, do people look at things after they design it? And does LG look at the junk they sell...

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

Purchase a 49" LG TV about 9 months ago. It decided to stop working. Instead of replacing the TV, LG said "We have to repair it." I said OK. Was told I'd receive a call from service within 2-3 days. A week later, I called back to find out where Repair was. They said "We don't have a repair company in your area." I said "Okay then, please replace the TV." They said "We have to repair it first." I said, Okay, then please repair it." REPEAT THE CYCLE. HORRIBLE customer service. I will never buy a LG again. Went out and purchased a SAMSUNG this evening.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2019

I bought a LG 65" 4k smart TV less than 3 years ago and it has already shut down. All it does is blink three times and doesn't come on. Talked to company and all you get is the runaround and make it sound like it's your fault. What a waste of money and poor quality product. This will be my last purchase of an LG product.

Original review: Sept. 23, 2019

Purchased 4 TVs from LG. 65 Inch. Rarely used. A few month old and in warranty. After 10 hours (yes ten hours not days) the TV does not work. The display is damaged inside. No picture. LG service center came, looked for 10 seconds and told me I have to pay 95.7% of the purchasing price to repair the tv... Calling service center: The LG people try to cheat me. LG means for me that I wasted money. Nothing else. As Darren of Gilbert wrote, good they don't make cars.

LG TVs Company Information