Magnavox TV

Magnavox TV

3.2/5 (509 ratings)

About Magnavox TV

Magnavox TV Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magnavox TV?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magnavox?

Original review: Dec. 27, 2021

Had the TV for about 3 years and it’s already gone to crap. Turns on and then immediately OFF. Nothing short of replacing the power or main board is gonna fix it. Cheaper to buy a new TV practically. So now I can pay another $50 to dispose of the piece of garbage.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I have 2 flat screens purchased on sale, so I never expected much more than adequate service. Both televisions have great picture reception and have functioned admirably for at least 6 years. I am extremely satisfied and disappointed that it appears they no longer exist as a television company.

Get buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I purchased a 50” Magnavox for around 1200 dollars 1 year 3 months ago. Setting here the other night and it just goes dark. I called and the lady on the other end explains I have purchased a faulty television. But when she realizes I am 3 months out of my factory warranty she changes her mind and tells me I have to pay to get it fixed. Now I say all that to let everyone know I also own a Sony 50” flat screen that I have had over 8 years and it’s still going strong. Been moved to a new home been moved to a new room that I only paid half the price for!! But I decide to splurge and buy a magnavox and get screwed!!

Finally talked to a repair shop who informs me that depending on one of the two parts that was faulty... one is more than I paid for the tv and the other magnavox no longer will provide to them. Therefore I call magnavox back and the supervisor “Mark” tells me to throw my tv in the trash and go buy a new one!! This company is a huge joke!! Even the tv repair shop told me to stay away from them, Phillips, and a few others that are in the same company. Do your research people. Don’t get screwed like I did.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I purchased 3 55" TVs from BJ's in March of 2018 and 1 is going in and out and one just doesn't cut on. My TVs weren't plugged in for almost 6 months so there is no reason my TV should like one of the old box TVs when they go out. Screen very shaky and changing colors.

Original review: May 15, 2019

This is a great TV, it's a reputable company. Screen is large enough that I can see everything well, has a nice remote, colors are amazing, and price is reasonable. Doesn't take up too much room for a big screen.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Sometimes picture is too dark during night scenes. Unless you turn off all the lights in the room it is difficult to see darker scenes. Lights in room reflect in screen sometimes making it hard to see.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I'm an avid daily tv watcher, 8 hours+ per day, and Magnavox has performed without incident since its purchase in 2015. This is my second Magnavox and I'm pleased with the overall quality of picture, tint and sound. I'll probably be loyal to this brand if and when I need another television.

Original review: March 10, 2019

We have a 48" Magnavox that we purchased less than 3 years ago. Today, the screen looked as if someone held their hand over a camera, slowly covering the screen and went to black. Audio was still working, now it's not. I went to the internet to see if I could fix it from home. It looks as if we are in the market for a new television, as it won't come back on after following the prompts to fix the problem from home. I came here to read the reviews about my tv; I wish I would have done this year's ago, saving myself some money. I will buy another Vizio this time. I have had my Vizio since 2008 without a single problem. I will not bother to call Philips, I don't need another headache!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I bought TV from Sam's Club of 55 in flat screen Magnavox TV in January of 2018. It is now January of 2019 and I've been having problems with this television since day one. I've been going back and forth with Magnavox for some time now and they are giving me the run-around about refunding me my money. I went through hoops trying to get a new TV at first and they kept on telling me that I had to change the position of my TV that I had to connected directly to the internet. That I needed to move my TV from one place in the house to another place in the house.

It was just a lot of running around. I'm still currently waiting to see exactly what they're going to do. I'm just keep getting the runaround. It's been one thing after another and it's been a year. I totally hate this brand of TV and their customer service. It is awful. I apologize for such an awful rating but the truth must be told. I wouldn't and do not recommend Magnavox 55 inch Smart TV. JUST SAY NO TO MAGNAVOX!

Original review: July 24, 2018

I bought a 40" Magnavox flat screen TV in August of 2014 from Sam's Club, on Monday, July 23, 2018 I turned the TV on to watch the news. I went to kitchen to fix breakfast for my grandson and I could still hear the TV playing then about 1/2 hour later my son asked what was wrong with the TV -- it just "died", nothing I did would cut it back on. I had bought the extended warranty when I purchased the TV which was going to expired 8/1/18. "How lucky could I be", so my TV is being replaced with a new TV of a different brand -- glad I had the warranty!!!

Magnavox TV Company Information