1.91/5

372 Magnavox TV Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 15, 2019

This is a great TV, it's a reputable company. Screen is large enough that I can see everything well, has a nice remote, colors are amazing, and price is reasonable. Doesn't take up too much room for a big screen.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Sometimes picture is too dark during night scenes. Unless you turn off all the lights in the room it is difficult to see darker scenes. Lights in room reflect in screen sometimes making it hard to see.

Get expert buying tips about TV Brands delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I'm an avid daily tv watcher, 8 hours+ per day, and Magnavox has performed without incident since its purchase in 2015. This is my second Magnavox and I'm pleased with the overall quality of picture, tint and sound. I'll probably be loyal to this brand if and when I need another television.

Original review: March 10, 2019

We have a 48" Magnavox that we purchased less than 3 years ago. Today, the screen looked as if someone held their hand over a camera, slowly covering the screen and went to black. Audio was still working, now it's not. I went to the internet to see if I could fix it from home. It looks as if we are in the market for a new television, as it won't come back on after following the prompts to fix the problem from home. I came here to read the reviews about my tv; I wish I would have done this year's ago, saving myself some money. I will buy another Vizio this time. I have had my Vizio since 2008 without a single problem. I will not bother to call Philips, I don't need another headache!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I bought TV from Sam's Club of 55 in flat screen Magnavox TV in January of 2018. It is now January of 2019 and I've been having problems with this television since day one. I've been going back and forth with Magnavox for some time now and they are giving me the run-around about refunding me my money. I went through hoops trying to get a new TV at first and they kept on telling me that I had to change the position of my TV that I had to connected directly to the internet. That I needed to move my TV from one place in the house to another place in the house.

It was just a lot of running around. I'm still currently waiting to see exactly what they're going to do. I'm just keep getting the runaround. It's been one thing after another and it's been a year. I totally hate this brand of TV and their customer service. It is awful. I apologize for such an awful rating but the truth must be told. I wouldn't and do not recommend Magnavox 55 inch Smart TV. JUST SAY NO TO MAGNAVOX!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Magnavox?

Original review: July 24, 2018

I bought a 40" Magnavox flat screen TV in August of 2014 from Sam's Club, on Monday, July 23, 2018 I turned the TV on to watch the news. I went to kitchen to fix breakfast for my grandson and I could still hear the TV playing then about 1/2 hour later my son asked what was wrong with the TV -- it just "died", nothing I did would cut it back on. I had bought the extended warranty when I purchased the TV which was going to expired 8/1/18. "How lucky could I be", so my TV is being replaced with a new TV of a different brand -- glad I had the warranty!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

Turned off my 2yr old flat screen 9/3/17 and it has never turned back on. Model# 32me303v/f7a. This is ridiculous. No warranty now. Bought at Target. I want a new one at no charge shipped to me!! It's only right.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I bought a 40" Magnavox flat screen TV from Sam's Club in 6/14. On 7/8/17 I'm watching the news, the TV stops!!! Cable still working. DVD player still working. TV dead ** hell!!! I call the company for assistance and help. To see about them fixing the problem, to see what they would do about this 3 year old television going out. 3 YEAR OLD TELEVISION!!! They are so low down and dirty they said that the warranty only last for a year and they would refer me to some place to get the television fix at my EXPENSE which will COST ME!!! COST ME!!! Waaaaaaay more than I paid for the actual ** TV.

I will NEVER EVER buy a Magnavox product. You couldn’t even give me anything made by Magnavox I feel that they need to be looked into. That's some real ***. And ** business ethics. I have became an advocate to do all I can to put them out of business. You people are horrible and deplorable and do not deserve to have a business. I worked so hard for my money to purchase this ** ** TV!!! You should fix my TV at your expense. OR REPLACE IT. This TV is only three years old. HOW DARE YOU ** PEOPLE!!!

Original review: July 2, 2017

I purchased a 28 inch Magnavox DVD combo and after a year the HDMI stopped working I turned it on in the morning and it didn't work. I called the company and they said the warranty expired. It was obvious a defect. How does this stop working when it was working before I went to sleep? The company said I would have to pay for it the repairs but the cost is more than the television. Stay away from combo television. Better yet stay away from Magnavox.

Original review: June 2, 2017

I do a lot of watching tv and I really like the Magnavox brand. It is a good tv and the first flat screen I've ever had. It is an older one which I got at a thrift shop. I have had other Magnavox tv's and they do last a long time. It does have a good picture and I have had no problems with my sets. I would highly recommend Magnavox.

Original review: May 26, 2017

Compared to past TVs owned… it was an upgrade!! Sound reproduction is always an issue for me, without separate sound bar... this tv is better than most, but still a little "tinny". Bought it at Shopko (box store). Sale price brought me into store.

Original review: May 21, 2017

I've had this tv for 4 years and it's never given me any problems whatsoever. The viewing is fine and the screen to color everything works perfectly on this tv.

Original review: May 20, 2017

The screen has a very thin trim or border. The rest is screen. The picture and sound are great and make TV watching experience enjoyable. I have no complaints or issues with this set and am pleased I purchased it.

Original review: March 13, 2017

My TV is a 1981 Magnavox, until I replace it with something more modern, I watch all my TV programs on my MAC. Many of us have given up on TV and are using laptops and larger smartphones for their viewing. Television is overused, not accurate in many ways and the offerings, of late, horrific. Unless you have TVO, on demand or use Netflix, you are at the mercy and time schedule of others who may not share your taste, passions or interests. I like watching what I want when I have the time. My time, not theirs. Some things, of course, are exempt. Example, as I cannot easily watch a hockey game live-time, I must listen to it on the radio or live stream it. This is enough to get me TV shopping.

I feel that the TV/cable contracts are overpriced and hardly worth it -- who can watch 103 channels and have a life? Or a job? When I do get my next set, no more co-ax cables and routers for me. Powerful, attachable antenna is available and all I need for what I may wish to watch. I would be interested in the result/ratings of the various brands to help me make my decision, if at all possible. I look forward to a much larger screen, although the resolution on my MAC is fantastic, better than many TVs currently on the market.

Original review: March 3, 2017

TV is all I have for hobby... I take care of my elderly parents so I am at home a lot. It's my first flat screen TV, 32 inch and I love everything about it. Oh! It's LED, Dolby & HDMI. Will probably have it as long as it works because I cannot afford a new one.

Original review: March 2, 2017

We bought a $2800 TV from Best Buy and it gave us nothing but problems in the 3 years we owned it. We decided to buy a less expensive Magnavox 42-inch screen TV from Target 5 years ago and we have been so satisfied with its performance. It cost under $400 and have had no problems with it at all. Great value from Magnavox.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

I bought mine at Target in October of 2011. After six months, a black line running vertically started growing about 5" from the left side of the screen. It would go away after having the TV on for a while. Then the line got wider. Then the line stopped going away and it continued to get wider. I called Magnavox since it was still under warranty and they said they would fix it but I would have to ship to them. I asked how much that would cost and they said $200. Great warranty, not. As of 2/17 the TV still works, but the lines are still there. Now there's one starting on the right sides of the screen. Guess I have learned to ignore them, but I won't buy anything Magnavox again. Ever.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2017

My TV is less than a year old. It's had standard use, not been dropped, and had no damage. A month ago, I turned it off by remote control. It wouldn't come back on. Eventually, it came on, but ever since, if we turn it off, it may or may not come back on for days. For the cost of repairing it, I can buy a bigger and better TV. They don't respond to email or letters about the warranty.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2016

Magnavox $229 TV sucks. I purchased at Target 1 year ago. I listen to the volume low, but it rumbles and you can't understand what they are saying. Doesn't do it all the time, but still terrible (it says it has Dolby sound lol). By a different Brand for sure. Probably assembled in Mexico or China.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2016

Defect TV. Magnavox is PURE TRASH. I had my TV for not even a year and was told no warranty yet you have a year warranty. Lies and more lies!!! I have submitted proof many times. Nothing happened!!! Those foreigners are disrespectful and incompetent. DO NOT OFFER HELP IN NO FORM.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2016

My 32' Magnavox LED was bought on 10/12/13 at Target. It just went black yesterday! In the past 6 weeks I have lost sound, the ability to convert to HD, and had tiling. I thought I had a bad cable box. Xfinity came out yesterday, switched out the box and the TV STOPPED working! Magnavox used to be a top tier product. No more. Will not buy another Magnavox anything.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

It's amazing you can purchase a Magnavox TV only for it to go out in less than 4 years. All the reps are located in the Philippines. Trying to explain the problem twice and only get I'm sorry does NO good. I was told by the rep I should have turned my TV off each time after using it. Have anyone every heard of this before? I know my TV have a defect because it magically just went out on Sunday and never came back on. I can't even get the TV to come back on.

It's amazing you spend your hard earn money to get service for less than 4 years. It serves no point having reps who can't give you answers or will try to assist you in getting a replacement when it is defiantly the fault of the company. Consumers, DON'T PURCHASE a Magnavox Product. EVER... Before purchasing the next TV, you better believe I will get information on replacing a defected TV. After reading sooo many complaints, we should boycott Magnavox.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2016

Our 48 or 50 inch (can't remember exactly) Magnavox flat screen that we purchased less than 3 years ago decided to go black & now makes a chirping noise. Instead of the guy with customer service trying to figure out what's wrong with it he tells me, "Ma'am it's defective & you are now out of warranty. There's nothing we can or will do for you. You can try taking it to a repair shop & having them fix it." I then asked to speak to a supervisor & he never would allow me to. $500 TV that is all the sudden defective & I'm being accused of not taking care of it. It's sits on a wall, it's dusted periodically, do I need to take it down & rock it to sleep or something?! Yea I'm ticked. I'll never buy Funai or Magnavox electronics again. After this experience I'll drop the $750 for a nice Samsung TV.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2016

I ordered a Magnavox 32 inch LED TV. UPS delivered it after it being back ordered for 2 weeks. I was so happy to get it. I looked at the box to read the highlights, and then opened it, put the stand on it and powered it up. Once to TV came on, the screen looked like it was cracked. I called Magnavox and they informed me to send a picture of it which I did. I was notified by them after one day that the screen was cracked and that whether it was by accident or on purpose it was not their responsibility, and I could take it to any service center and pay for the repair myself. I was livid! There was no damage to the box, so that means that their packaging was defective. I will never purchase anything from them again! Luckily the place I bought it from was willing to send me a replacement at no cost!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2016

My Magnavox 55" TV suddenly went out while I was watching it. It's about two years old. It is difficult to even find a place to complain, let alone get it fixed.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2016

Magnavox has taken 4 months with the process of a replacement unit. Customer service does not provide any update and only asks to wait for them to contact us. When television was reported broken, they sent a technician that took tv to shop and after refused to give it back to me. When finally did, tv was empty, he removed all insides. Tv was sent to manufacturer and it's been 3 months and I have not received a replacement unit or refund. Their Customer service is the worst.

Original review: July 19, 2016

I bought a 50" Magnavox HD TV 2 years ago. It won't turn on. Took it to shop to get it fixed. They tell me, Magnavox sold out & doesn't even make parts for the TVs. I'm out $750 & no TV. Magnavox used to be quality. Never again will I waste my money on Magnavox. Thanks.

Original review: May 9, 2016

On 8-18-15 we bought a 55" flat screen TV. In Feb 2016 it started turning itself on and off on channel 26.1 only. They came out to repair it in March. 3 weeks later it started to do it again. Another repair and the problem still exists. So when I call this time they tell me I have to send the TV to them and after they receive it they will send me another one. And it will take 2 to 3 weeks!! I don't feel I should have to be without a TV for that length of time for a problem that is not my fault and I certainly do not want a TV sent through the mail!!! This is certainly showing me that Magnavox is not a brand that can be trusted. There is not a phone number to the company other than the one for the warranty. Website hasn't been updated for years! Feel like I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place! SO TOTALLY FRUSTRATED!!

Original review: May 3, 2016

I purchased a 55" flat screen Magnavox television November 2014 from a local Target store. It was a gift for my husband. The tv is hardly used because we are both busy and we also have a projector in our bedroom. It is mainly used for when we have guests. So now, it's May 2016 and the tv has a pixel going out and the panel needs to be replaced. The tv is highly regarded in this household (by my husband) so it is in emasculate condition. Never been dropped, nothing spilled on it, in climate controlled environment. There is absolutely no reason for this tv to be going out, other than a manufacturer defect.

I call Magnavox to see what they can do. After telling them the problem, and after them ADMITTING that it is a manufacturer defect, they tell me they are not replacing the tv because "the defect should have come out within a couple months and you, the consumer could have caused the defect." After a heated debate, I ended that conversation with the rep and decided to call a lawyer. I am currently waiting to hear back about my options for starting a class action lawsuit against Magnavox. Keep the complaints coming, I'm positive they will be needed.

Original review: April 14, 2016

The remote that came with new TV never worked. I called Magnavox directly for replacement. They did everything not to replace my remote. I ended up paying 28.00 to replace. I will NEVER purchase a Magnavox product in the future.

Magnavox TV Company Information