Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

1.16/5

24 Hour Fitness Reviews

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I've been a member of this gym since it was Family Fitness (25 years). I was on a business trip in Irvine, CA for 3 days and walked in and requested a 3 day pass (across the street from my hotel). The manager wanted me to pay $90. It didn't matter that I've been paying a yearly membership fee ($240 ) for the past 25 years, and somehow allowing me to workout for 3 days was going to somehow bankrupt the company? Note, on their website they offer free 3 day passes to complete strangers, but if you are paying them $1,000s of dollars they will treat you like a second class citizen. Loyalty had no value to this heartless corporation. I recommended finding a gym that values your membership. Just say NO to 24 hour fitness

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

I paid a Large sum of money in 2003 to become a life time member of the All-Sport level 24Hour Fitness gym. Now they are phasing out Sport gyms for Super-Sport and charging lifetime members the normal Super-Sport rate to "upgrade" which is not an upgrade, it's just paying a normal rate. I pay an absurdly low $20 a year for access to what was once they're highest level gym membership. Now it seems that 24 hour fitness is trying to get rid of members they entered into a contract with by slapping on a new title onto their gyms. 24 hour fitness is just another example of how corporations get away with not upholding their contracts by phasing out services that were agreed upon.

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

After 20 years of 24 hour service, some of our local clubs in Sacramento have announced that they will close nightly at 12 midnight. There was no request for input from members. I called the corporate customer service,they said to call the local club, as it was a club manager issue. I talked to the local club and they told me to call corporate. Why do you think we joined 24 Hour Fitness? How can 24 Hour Fitness maintain this trade name when a majority of the clubs will not be open 24 hours? Having an indoor gym late at night is safe and convenient. Boo! Is the club in financial challenge or something? The club website continues to show 24 hour service which will soon end.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2019

The fitness center in Ladera Ranch 24 Hour Fitness has poor and unhealthy drinking water supply for members, the bottle refilling faucet is broken for months, and the flow on other faucet is low that some people are touching it with their mouth to drink which is very at risky and infection cross for members, but the hydration machine next to water counter is working perfectly. I am reporting this issue to health department for investigation.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2019

I was a member with 24 Hour Fitness/Bally’s for the last 13 years and recently I opened another family account in August 2019. However, the staff lured me with false information and overcharged me on the credit card. Upon my complaint, staff promised me to refund the over charged fee but I never received my money back. Again, I met with gym manager name Eric and escalated the matter. I have never experienced a rude and extremely unprofessional manager like this guy name Eric in Kew Gardens NY 24 Hours Fitness anywhere in the industry.

I canceled my membership at the spot after receiving worst customer service at the front desk. My other friends are also considering quitting the gym in coming days and will join a nearby in our area with better amenities, less monthly charges and great customer service. I will certainly recommend readers to evaluate options in order to quit this gym where customers have no respect at all. Thanks, Shahid.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24 Hour Fitness?

Original review: Sept. 13, 2019

I was a member of the club from past two year but every time I signed into the club, the customer service was very rude and unprofessional. On 9/12, I signed in and had a very rough conversation with the assistant general manager. The conversation was very rough that I had to call the cops to mediate. I cancel my membership and now they are refusing to refund the balance. I suggest not to join 24 Hour Fitness. Thanks. Pradeep **

Original review: Sept. 9, 2019

This place runs scams!! I signed up for a month to month contract on a small keypad and no copy was provided to me at the time nor via email. Upon joining I was asked if I wanted an annual contract and I specifically stated to the employee that "I did not want a yearly contract". Today I noticed an additional charge in my bank acct from 24 Hour Fitness. I called customer service and the rep proceeded to tell me that I was charged for my annual fee in addition to my monthly fee. I was NEVER informed of an annual fee when I was toured and presented with the information! Nor was the contract visible on the keypad that I was signing. I explained all of this to the representative, she continued to state that my contract was emailed to me. I searched my email and the only thing that was emailed was a copy of the receipt. She then emailed my 11 page contract during our conversation.

This is the first time that I am seeing the contract and I searched my email multiple times and it was never emailed in June. Upon joining I was only given a receipt for my payment. I paid initiation fee, 1st and last month, and was informed that if I needed to cancel then the month would be covered because I paid the last month upfront. I stated to the rep, that I wanted to cancel my membership. Now, the rep is saying that if I cancel my "ANNUAL" membership (which I never chose), that I will be charged an insane amount of fees!!! I once again explained that I never chose an annual, I chose month to month. She proceeded to state that although I chose "month to month" it is an annual contract and that everyone is informed of this when they are signing up!!

I stated to the rep, that unfortunately since she was not present when I was signing up then she cannot really speak on what was said at that time. However, I was present and I know that all of this was never explained to me. What kind of scam are they pulling?? 24 hour Fitness is doing bad business and it seems to be a common practice based on the reviews that I have read! I have requested a manager to contact me.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

When I signed up I was made promises at a club location but not given a copy of the contract. When I got the contract emailed to me that evening it differed from what I had been told. In less than 24 hours I went to the corporate office to cancel my contract. 24 Hour Fitness personnel, other than the receptionist, refused to talk directly with me, had the receptionist place me in a room and talked with me only by phone. The company representative tried to make me not cancel; but, since it hadn't been over 24 hours she finally agreed. They also refused to remove my fingerprint from their system. In my opinion don't trust the company.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2019

1800 customer service for membership poor, 15 minute wait, then got disconnected and they didn't call me back. 2nd call 30 minute wait and couldn't didn't want to help. You know those customer service people that constantly say "no". It's that moment you realize, you got my money and you are not valued. Many many years of constantly buying memberships, 2-3 year memberships at a time, and one call I make for help and nothing "can't do anything for you". Good- 24 hour gym, all kinds of equipment, hot tub, pool - awesome. Bad- not all that clean, light bulbs always out, bathrooms poorly cleaned in most places and not efficiently thought out.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Hi, I am writing review of 24 Hour Fitness 39300 Paseo Padre Pkwy, Fremont, CA 94538. Please don't join into this club. It's very dirty, restrooms not cleaned very smelly. I have added my friend on April 4th into the club. He came just one day after that he never came to the gym. So we cancelled his account in April but 24 Hour Fitness club guys still deducting my money from my account. I have told them so many times to cancel his account but they said it cancelled but still charging money from my account. It's cheating. They don't know how to cancel the membership. They don't give any proof of cancellation. Please if you want to cancel your membership be careful and ask proof of cancellation. It's worst maintenance and all equipments are old and all machines are old. Please don't join into this club. Not recommended.

24 Hour Fitness expert review by Joey Thurman

24 Hour Fitness offers over 400 gym locations in 13 states, including California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Virginia.

• GX24 classes: 24 Hour Fitness offers group exercise classes in four categories: Burn, Intensity, Strength and Bliss. Each class is taught by a trained instructor and offers motivation and community to help you meet your fitness goals.

• Fit:Perks Rewards: Members can sign up for the free Fit:Perks Rewards program, which allows you to earn points for working out and participating in 24 Hour Fitness’s social media channels. Points are redeemable for sweepstakes entries, giveaways, discounts and promotions.

• My24 app: 24 Hour Fitness helps you stay organized to reach your fitness goals with its My24 app. The app allows you to view updated class schedules, join challenges, set and conquer goals, link other fitness apps and wearable devices and more.

• Training Club 24: For clients who enjoy competition, 24 Hour Fitness’s Training Club 24 lets you compete in team workouts that build in intensity every week. Coaches help teams set and meet goals.

• Kids’ Club: Children up to age 12 can attend the Kids’ Club, which features CPR- and First Aid-certified attendants, a fast and secure check-in process and active play. Members can purchase single Kids’ Club visits or add monthly payments to their membership plans.

• Best for: fitness novices, athletes, fitness buffs and parents.

Profile picture of Joey Thurman
Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

24 Hour Fitness Company Information