Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.51/5

24 Hour Fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24 Hour Fitness?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24 Hour Fitness?

Original review: April 20, 2020

Instructors and personnel are the key in my gym. The classes that they offer are spaced throughout the day. There is always personnel available to welcome you in the gym and help you with any questions.

Original review: April 14, 2020

The best part is their pool. I also like the recumbent bikes. They have spin classes, senior classes and so much more. The people who work there are very professional. I like the steam room, the dry sauna and whirlpool.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2020

Great economical choice for a full service gym. My location is personally not kept up with great, but it has all I need for a really good price. Classes are minimal here but I've seen other locations have great classes and schedule.

Original review: July 7, 2020

Been a member for over 20 years and expect better from a company that has been charging me monthly and taking out a membership fee every year. As soon as the pandemic hit they charged my credit card then on 4/5/2020 they charged my credit card. Then again on 7/5/2020, they charged some weird amount that maybe I would not catch. I have tried unsuccessfully to get a hold of them via phone or email or thru their website. They do not answer. So I see this as theft of services.

Plus, Tony Ueber does not perform like a President of a company. He is the main problem they are bankrupt--did anyone read his poorly written letter to all 24-Hour Fitness members? Now, they think we will travel 15-20 miles to a gym they reopen that you must go online to schedule an appointment. Good luck with them returning your email on this one. Plus, their name dictates that they are open 24 hours a day--Wrong. They have banker hours now and think we should let them continue to drain our money every month. Never ever use them again. I am done with this gym. Anything is better than a company that steals from you on a monthly basis and really does not care.

Original review: June 29, 2020

Club is kept in good shape. Most workstations are working. The wet areas when they are open are clean. Josh the manager tries hard to make things work and provide good service. However, the management cannot do too much about loud telephone conversations or the dirty locker rooms. Some people are just nasty in their habits. Since the other clubs are closed, there is a different set of employees

I find some employees have really missed kindergarten when they were given civic lessons. Tonight 6/28 at 835ish the employees were playing hip hop with every other word being the n word. I find it distasteful especially in this climate. When I talked to the two guys at the front desk, they apologised. The bully (young woman) was being a non professional. She does not belong here. I had another experience on Thursday when the spin instructor had the music so loud that I could hear it over my head phone music on the opposite side of the gym. I like loud music when it is private - not at a gym. It cannot be that hard to get employees these days. Corporate needs to fix these problems. The financial situation is no excuse for these behaviors. When I go to the gym, I want to work out, I want my space to be user friendly. The members with loud phones are bad enough but loud music that I dont want to hear is worse.

Original review: June 28, 2020

Due to the ongoing issues with Covid19 and my gym being closed and then open but having to make 1 hour appts. to go. What is this? Shapemakers? I decided to just cancel my membership. I live too far away to only go there for an hour at a time. That is not what I signed up for. I paid a year in advance, so I thought I'd either get a refund for the remaining amount of time or my acct would just stay active until the original contract was up but then would stop. Nope. No refund. They just cut off my membership. So I pay $400, and basically get less than half what I paid for. Um if I knew that was the case I would have just left my membership open. I mean, I Iose all the money anyway.

Why didn't they just tell me this or leave it open until the end date? It should be like paying for a premium movie channel. If you cancel, you get access until the end of the month you paid for, and then no longer have access. I'm beyond pissed off. I wouldn't have canceled if I'd known I lose the money anyway. Now I get absolutely nothing for it. And how is this legal when they're not open the hours they said they would be, when I signed the contract? 1 hour intervals to work out? That's not worth the money I paid. So I guess I'm stuck following their contact but they can make up the rules as they go along.

Original review: April 20, 2020

They keep on charging me and my wife after they closed their doors due to COVID-19. They do not answer the phones, or emails. Hi, I just got charged today. I do not understand why I am being charged when the GYM is closed and has been closed for weeks now. Please refund latest charge ASAP.

Original review: April 16, 2020

This is is regarding the 24 Hour Fitness location in Pearland, Texas. I called and cancelled my MONTHLY membership in early March and they still charged my credit card. I cancelled again via their website on March 15 and they confirmed that my membership was cancelled and they charged a full months membership to my credit card FOR A SECOND TIME on April 15. I do not have a contract, only monthly membership with option to cancel at any time. The problem is they will keep charging you until you die, they will not let you cancel. All their offices are closed and their money train is still coming in. I will NEVER USE THEM AGAIN. PEOPLE ARE LAID OFF AND THEY ARE STEALING! YOU OWE ME $ 90 NOW 24 HOUR FITNESS.

Original review: April 8, 2020

I mainly go to the Meyerland location in Houston. Most of the front desk staff are friendly, but I have been going here for YEARS (over a decade) and they cannot seem to empty the trash cans! They are usually overflowing and I almost always have to ask them to empty the trash and refill paper towel dispensers, which is very annoying. Over the years, several of their cardio equipment almost always malfunctions (treadmill, elliptical, and stair-step machines). The machines themselves are pretty clean.

Original review: April 5, 2020

My experience with my home gym here is not a good one. Most cardio machines are broken with signs on them for years stating that they are non-operational. While the staff is friendly the company needs to make the investment and do annual maintenance.

24 Hour Fitness author review by Joey Thurman

24 Hour Fitness offers over 400 gym locations in 13 states, including California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Virginia.

• GX24 classes: 24 Hour Fitness offers group exercise classes in four categories: Burn, Intensity, Strength and Bliss. Each class is taught by a trained instructor and offers motivation and community to help you meet your fitness goals.

• Fit:Perks Rewards: Members can sign up for the free Fit:Perks Rewards program, which allows you to earn points for working out and participating in 24 Hour Fitness’s social media channels. Points are redeemable for sweepstakes entries, giveaways, discounts and promotions.

• My24 app: 24 Hour Fitness helps you stay organized to reach your fitness goals with its My24 app. The app allows you to view updated class schedules, join challenges, set and conquer goals, link other fitness apps and wearable devices and more.

• Training Club 24: For clients who enjoy competition, 24 Hour Fitness’s Training Club 24 lets you compete in team workouts that build in intensity every week. Coaches help teams set and meet goals.

• Kids’ Club: Children up to age 12 can attend the Kids’ Club, which features CPR- and First Aid-certified attendants, a fast and secure check-in process and active play. Members can purchase single Kids’ Club visits or add monthly payments to their membership plans.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

24 Hour Fitness Company Information