24 Hour Fitness

Compare Gyms and Fitness Centers

Research top Gyms and Fitness Centers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Enoch of Irvine, CA on

Much like everyone else here, I too had been told by sales agents that if I added on a "super sport" package, it would be considered a separate monthly fee and would not impact my yearly fee. I was told I could remove the monthly fee at any time and return down to my regular sport membership at any time and it would not affect my fees. Little did I know they would do something so sneaky (it doesn't surprise me...) as to raise prices the yearly fee. My fee went from $50/year to $100/year. 24 Hour is super shady and their Super Sports aren't even that nice. Their equipment gets old Super fast (pun intended). LA Fitness is cleaner, looks nicer, and better maintained. Save your money, go to LA Fitness. 24 Hour Fitness sucks 24 Hours a day.

George of Parker, TX on

I had a lifetime membership for 13 years at 24 Hour Fitness in Dallas area. I had to pay a bundle up front to get it. Even though it was a "lifetime" membership they expected $29/yr in dues. I did not go very often because I moved several times and it was out of range. Today I moved into a position where I could start going again. They said my lifetime membership was terminated 2014 due to lack of payment of dues. I did not receive any phone call regarding this matter at that time or since. I called them and offered to pay any back unpaid dues. They said there was nothing they could do for a loyal customer of more than 10 years.

I find this really disgusting that they could do "nothing". I have worked for many companies and they can always do "something" for loyal customers. At the very least, they could offer some kind of discount especially when I offered to pay for 10 more years. They are very dishonorable and I will make sure that anyone who asks me about 24 hour fitness will hear the terrible story I went through. Lifetime does not mean Lifetime at 24 hour fitness.

Rich of Yucaipa, CA on

I am a loyal member since 1990, paying my membership on time every month using a direct withdraw from my bank account. This is because I had locked in a good deal back in 1997. My dues were $12 a month when I joined. Great deal. They did not have all the fancy clubs. Mine was small however I was able to use other without any increase. Now one of the clubs I used to go to I can no longer go due to it being upgraded. However, they now keep building bigger clubs and renaming them then expect you to increase your dues to keep going to the new clubs. Their excuse was it is to cover the additional costs and they have pools, racquetball and basketball which I did not use nor can no use at all due to hip replacements and spinal surgery.

I explained that I feel the new member should be paying the increased costs. They said they were but I too should pay the additional costs. I asked how is it my fault as a consumer to pay for additional costs every time they build a new club or change the name that I did not ask for or my opinion on. They said it is their policy and there are no exceptions. I informed them I also belong to Fitness 19 and travel across the US from Ca to PA and was able to use their club at no additional costs. They could care less about how they treat their loyal members. It’s all about the money to them. I travel and like to work out from time to time. I was in San Diego and wanted to use their club and they told me it would cost $25 for a one day pass. I feel they need to readdress their policies and grandfather long term members in as they are not getting any younger and let the new member offset the additional costs.

I did not ask for them to build bigger clubs so I could pay more. This is just unfair and I believe and would recommend all consumers to look at all your club options before joining here. They also told me I would need to increase my due again if I want to go to an all sports or super sports club. It is all about the money not customer satisfaction. You are just a number not a member. 24 Hour Fitness has "NO" customer loyalty. Just take your money and keep on going. I have spoken to them and written to them with no response to my written appeal. I will end by saying the club in Redlands CA maintains their equipment well and the staff is friendly and professional.

Masood of Lake Forest, CA on

Mismanagement in 24 Hour Fitness is not something new, managers do not have any idea what is going on around their club. They hardly give themselves a tour around the club to evaluate the club cleanliness and overall maintenance. The music is played so loud. About a year ago, 24 hour created a tv channel for their advertisement, they play this channel so loud and the point is that they put the voice control switch in the manager's office. It means when the manager is not available all members have to deal with the loud music.

DeeAnna of Malibu, CA on

Criminal Assault & Aiding & Abetting & stealing from me. The police made clear that wasn't the case since this was criminal and included an assault as I made clear after Eric allowed the assailant to flee while I stopped into Trader Joe's (letting the front desk man know I'd be back within 5 minutes and I'd keep an eye out). So Eric has her flee the scene as I've already reported Robert, your other manager that he was enabling the assault and kept claiming it was accident; shouting it at me after she clearly admitted to doing it and not being an accident as she is clearly entitled to sit on me to get to her one jet and how I was using the entire 12 person capacity empty jacuzzi and responded to Robert that what she was saying was psychotic as to justify it and what he was doing was clearly enabling criminal behavior by excusing it saying it was an accident where I clearly called him out.

And then he told me I had to leave and said I had to make a police report and that he was aiding and abetting an assailant which Eric also did while I went to Trader Joe's. And looking back on it should have and had the right to place her under private person's arrest as well as Robert and Eric. So the officer made clear to him as I made clear that I'm in my legal right to knock a person's teeth out if they are to target approach and assault and that Eric wanted me to come for 30 days. And I made clear what he was doing and Robert was enabling criminal behavior and that they in fact are in violation of the contract by enabling criminal assault and according to the police, battery and made clear they don't provide a safe nor adequate environment where I can simply heal.

You're in violation of your contract. I was refused to even go back in and get my Trader Joe's food, $12 out the window. Thank you for that and you now have a libel suit coming at your butt in waves. And let Eric and Robert know about California penal code C 135 (et al.) spoliation of evidence as to not get rid of the tapes that clearly taped all this unequivocally going on. And now you want to hold my money hostage after I'm injured and assaulted again in your jacuzzi as I brought it up a couple of other times. And now you want to what, steal from me after not accepting any responsibility.

I got my bet on 14 jurors that say otherwise as well as your obvious criminal and pattern of gross neglect misconduct and aiding and abetting criminals. I also followed up and have the call recorded with Robert as to say "no you can no longer come in the club; your account is not active." I made sure of that. I also told both officers I advised of ca PC 135 both Eric mgr and Robert ** asst mgr (or however your hierarchy works). Oh and where is my check; why a check as capital one 360 acct was set up and I paid in cash? R/d.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24 Hour Fitness?

Tim of San Diego, CA on

We were out of the country having some fun as we are now retired. Never received a bill in the mail, no email, no phone call. When I called the corporate office they asked me to verify my phone number and email to verify my account!!! I was now several months late. Never late in 34 years. Final answer after 1 hour on the phone was that I lost my membership. After another half hour I was told that if I brought in my passport to any gym and showed it to a manager they would reinstate my membership. Lie, lie, lie, the manager I spoke with after going to 3 gyms whose managers refused to even speak with me told me that this is their way of getting rid of old members who pay little fees for LIFETIME memberships.

Chloe of Denver, CO on

I signed up with 24 Hour Fitness at the beginning of January. The salesperson who I worked with told me that I had ten days to cancel if I changed my mind. I specified to him that I was going to this particular gym because of the childcare available, and he told me the hours they would be available. It turns out he was completely wrong about the childcare hours, and I was unable to use the membership. When I went to cancel, I was told that the ten days to cancel was actually THREE DAYS, and the store manager said, "oh well, too bad you didn't read the contract we emailed you." Thank goodness I only got month to month, due to previous bad experience with them, but I'm still out $160 dollars. Please don't be like me and trust that the salesperson knows what they're doing - it's an expensive mistake on my part.

Steven of Torrance, CA on

I was a loyal member since 1997, paying my membership on time every year. One year (in 03/14), a billing was either missed by me or never sent by 24 Hour. Instead of contacting me or re-sending a bill, 24 Hour simply unilaterally terminated our agreement. This is because I had locked in a good deal back in 1997. This is how they treat their loyal members. I tried unsuccessfully to reinstate because they want to sell their more expensive memberships.

M of Houston, TX on

Don't become a member of this horrible gym company! I only went to experience the facilities thru my Goodlife membership and it was a nightmare. They did not know how to sign me up, few bottles to clean equipment and no one does anyways, filthy locker room, some places do not give towels, lockers got robbed, and lastly I have asked them twice and reported the fact that they continue to send me unsolicited emails. This company is capitalistic greed at its best! Stay away!

j of Houston, TX on

When I told them I was cancelling, the crs suggested that I not cancel and that she would freeze the account with no payments for 3 months. She said try it for 3 months for free. That call was in November. In December I received a call stating that I had not made a payment. After 3 phone calls within an hour they continued to lie. Word of warning. Expect to be lied to... Cheated.

Rukshana of Davie, FL on

I have been a member of this gym since 2008. Every time I buy the membership through Costco. It's the plantation gym and suddenly they decide to renovate and put notice that the gym will reopen in 30 days, while this gym is 2 minutes away from my house. Now it's 3 months already. The gym is still under repair and I called their corporate office and the guy Jamaal first of all didn't get our phone numbers right. I wonder why they put him in that position as he didn't even know what he was talking. He said costco is supposed to reimburse/refund the money, not 24 Hour Fitness. I said "if I buy a gift card of J.C. Penney from Publix and if jcpenney sold me fraudulent item why is publix supposed to pay.

Well he didn't know his job. I told him for supervisor. He didnt transfer me. I gave him the phone numbers of each of my family member going to 24 Hour and we all have gained weight as we can utilize the services we paid for. Jamaal told me he couldn't find any of the membership and I have nothing I can do about it. I'm so frustrated.

Matt of Los Angeles, CA on

My boss offered to get a gym membership for 2 employees. One used it and the other one probably never used it. I tried to cancel the membership over the phone. They said I needed a form. I asked if they could email it. Sure, they can email it. So they email me instructions on how to create a profile. I call back, and sure they will email me the form. Never comes. This goes on for 6 months. So I had the credit card blocked. Then they call (surprise!). So they have the nerve to refuse to send me the form until I am paid in full, but they "promise to refund" me the money "once the form is received". This is fraud. Maybe people like this gym but if you want to cancel they make you jump through hoops. They should be investigated for refusing to cancel a membership. To me that is illegal.

Kimberly of Slc, UT on

I go to the 24 Hour Fitness off of Redwood Road. I'm there almost everyday between 9 p.m -2:00 o'clock a.m. Most night is the same guy that works night shift. Apex his name but I'm not really good at remembering names. I think his name is Chad I know that it starts with the C. He's kind of an middle-aged gentleman. Short, muscular kinda looks like he could be a football linebacker. Anyways I noticed him because again I come there almost every night some days earlier but he is always working. The place is always clean.

I've never seen anybody at 24 Hour Fitness work as hard as he does. He's very polite and respectful. Making sure that everything is clean. Making sure that you are OK in the sauna and steam room. My suggestion is that he deserves a raise or something special done for him because again even though it's his job, I think he goes above and beyond what the job requires of him. I really appreciate him and all that he does at 24 Hour Fitness!

contique of Pembroke Pines, FL on

I signed up to 24 Hour Fitness late February 2006. It was a grand opening deal a few months before it opened. The deal was to pay $600 for the first 3 years then it will be $50/year ($50 per year) for the rest of my life. It went as it was supposed to until last year, 2015, when they over tripled my fee. It is now $165 per year. I called the corporate office and explained they're breaking the contract and they said they could no longer run the gym with me just paying $50. I told the lady that was ridiculous and that I had a contract. She said, "Well, this is the first time we've gone up in the 9 years you've been a member." I said, "that's exactly my point. You're not supposed to go up at all for the rest of my life." She said in my contract it says they could go up.

After nine years and moving twice I can't find my contract so I asked her to mail me or email me a copy and she never did. It's been a year now and my renewal is coming up. I can't believe there are so many complaints. More and more American businesses are getting away with stuff like this. I'm about to cancel my contract with them.

khalid of Plano, TX on

I visited the location in Murphy Texas to sign up the boys in the summer, at that point they will not tell you that 3 months into the membership they will hit you with a "Annual membership" for another $108, WHAT! Oh if you tell them that they did not disclose this, the reply is it in the page 1 and 3 of the contract, that you did not read.... Scam. Stay away, you will use it for a few days and never use it again...

Fiona of Monrovia, CA on

I've been a 24 Hour Fitness prepaid member since 2013. One year ago, I added my father as a monthly pay member under my account. The employee who worked in our local 24 hour gym named Donald told me I can freeze my father's account anytime with no charge since he had to back to other country. This is the reason I enrolled in. About half year ago, 24 Hour Fitness charged me once. I called them, they said this is an annual fee, as a monthly paid customer. This is a reasonable explain to me. But!!! Without any notice before, they started charging me the monthly payment since last month cause the freeze period automatic over after one year! I called the local gym want to confirm with Donald who enrolled my father in, been told he is quit.

I called the customer service want to make sure this should be refund cause my father is in other country and nobody telling me anything about over one year will be automatic charge again. All they did is telling me, there is nothing they can do, and they are sorry about this. I do not understand how could this kind of customer service can help this company grown up, It's full of cheating and lies! It makes me so disappointment of this gym!!!

Gustavo of Hoyston, TX on

Back in June of 2016, I called 24 Hour Fitness to CANCEL all services. I was convinced to "freeze" my account by the cancellation agent (customer service) at NO COST/FREE, she said. I remember asking her if this would cost me anything at least twice, at which she responded with a "zero cost" answer. I noticed a charge on my card from 24 Hour Fitness, checked on my bank app total times of other charges after the date. I called to cancel and was convinced to "freeze" the account for "FREE". Total times I was charged was three times (3), made plans to call to find out the reason for the charges to my account. When I called today (10/20/2016), I was told by the customer service rep that I had "agreed" to the monthly charge, to which I explained to her that was FALSE.

I had been told that the "freeze" to the account was "free". I explained to the customer service rep that I remember telling the cancellation rep back in June that the reason for my cancellation was because I had NO TIME to train anymore, the cancellation rep convinced me to "freeze" the account instead of cancelling it so if in the future if I wanted to reopen the account I would not get hit with the initiation fees!!! The customer service rep kept telling me that an "email" had been sent to me warning me of the charge, that is FALSE. This is their main reason for making it seem like your fault, you "did not check your mail". I was not given a refund at all, was told to file a complaint with my bank (I will do that).

You have been warned, if you ever want to CANCEL your account with 24 Hour Fitness, DO SO. Don't let them convince you of "freezing" the account with false claims of "freezing" the account for "free"!!! I'm sure this is not a common practice, but the cancellation rep who I got to talk to back in June played me for a fool, she gave me false claims and omitted information. This reflects very bad on 24 Hour Fitness, I had always been a loyal customer, from now on I'm actively avoiding 24 Hour Fitness and taking my business elsewhere!!!

Rachel of Lone Tree, CO on

24 Hr Fitness has been charging my bank account for over a year now for someone else's membership. They took it upon themselves to attach my debit card to another person's account. When I contacted them, they confirmed my account was closed but I was now paying for someone else's membership. I told them I did not authorize this and I would like a refund. I was told they were not able to refund me the money unless I got the person on the phone whose membership I was now paying for. Very disappointing that they find it okay to steal money from people. This is straight up theft as I DID NOT authorize these charges.

Sherry of Oakland, CA on

The 24 Hour Fitness gyms in Oakland, CA are dirty to begin with (machines are always sticky, missing buttons/pieces and the bathrooms are just filthy, etc.). But what really made me mad was the fact that the associate/manager did not do something very basic. My boyfriend and I went to the gym in person the day before our vacation to put our membership on hold for a month, while we were going to be out of the country. The associate said that she was not a manager and could not do it. However, she gave us a pen and paper to write down the dates we needed the hold and she would ensure that a manager put a hold for us. Fine with us, so we went on our way after writing the note.

Now, I found out that the manager did NOT put a hold for us. The problem is I have not seen that same female associate at the gym again and have no proof of that conversation occurring. Corporate is also unwilling to credit me with one month even though the call representative acknowledged that she could see I did NOT sign in and use their facilities during that whole month. I don't see why it would be so difficult to credit us with one month of service that we clearly did NOT use. It is about the principle! It's especially ridiculous as this is coming from a huge company. The call rep said "Thank you for being a 24 Hour fitness member". Ummm... no you guys just lost 2 customers. My boyfriend and I will not be renewing our membership.

June of Poi Heights, CA on

I love the fact that I can hit up a gym any time of the day, but I am not okay with being cheated out of a big chunk of money trying to get healthy. I googled a site, just so I can write a review about their hidden annual fee but I realized a lot of people have jumped the gun before me. But you know what, I was also lied to - that I couldn't use a Costco membership deal because I have been a member already. I learned that that was false. Do you know how much money I lost since then because I didn't use this deal? Ridiculous. The girl just kept apologizing, where can an apology get me.

Tao of Mountain View, CA on

I want to share my experience with everyone, and make sure that all the members are aware that 24 Hour Fitness may charge you THREE TIMES in one month cycle!!! Please don't get fooled by this greedy company as I was. I think that this company will get out of the business soon if they don't change their company value, and continue to be greedy!!! I called to cancel my membership in Aug. Obviously they didn't want me to cancel, and the representative pursued me to use the gym for the next three months for FREE OF CHARGE. He said that If I make up my mind to cancel I can call them back by Nov. 01 to confirm. I think that the plan sounds fair and I agreed.

I should have listened to my instinct that this company is well known for greediness, e.g. fooling their customers by tricks and charging their customers more than they already promised. (They got sued many times because of that). Not surprised, the company kept charging me the monthly fee because I used the gym once in Sept. I added one of my family members under my account, and she pays by herself using a different credit card. I don't understand how 24 Hour Fitness messed up the system that they sometimes charged her three times in one month, sometimes twice in one month. She called 24 Hour Fitness and her bank, the customer care from 24 Hour Fitness can't do anything but advised her to dispute the charges and she did dispute the extra two charges.

Now the stupid company called me and asked if I am responsible for my family member's payment. I told them that she provided a different credit card, why should I be responsible for that. I added my family member to the conference call. The customer care had no idea what she was talking about and neither she understood the whole situation. She kept saying that their system shows that we didn't pay, so we should pay. My family member said that her bank account shows that she paid the monthly fee and she only disputed the other two extra charges. The customer service said, "well you should fax your bank statement to us." My family member said that "I can give you the transaction date and the reference number for your investigation, why should I send my private bank statement to your company."

The customer care said, "you need to send your bank statement to us. That it is the only way to solve the problem." WOW. In addition, the customer care said that we need to pay an annual fee. We are totally shocked. Nobody told us that there is an annual fee associated with our account when we signed up. Then the customer care said "I can show you our agreement." Really, now you want to show us the 100 pages agreement and there may or may not have a small sentence saying that all the customers may be charged an annual fee without notifying! Why didn't your company disclose that when we signed it up?

Again because of this company is well known for their greediness, confusion and orderless, we shouldn't be surprised that they would use all kinds of tricks to charge their customers more money! I urged all the customers who got fooled by this company to gather together and fight it back to against their unlawful behaviors.

GLo of Aurora, CO on

I paid a good deal of money down to lock in a lifetime rate. This was back in 2004 and the sales guy stated the rates would never raise. My rates were $29 a year and last year raised $59, now this new yearly rate is $79. I've asked them to send me a copy of my contract.

Ralph of Huntington Beach, CA on

24 Hour Fitness yearly additional service fee of $49.00. Please be aware of this Yearly additional fees per Membership member. When I call customer service the representative mention that they never mention about this additional fees when you sign-up for the initial membership. He was very clear to tell me that is a selling point not to mention any additional fees. That the customer need to read all the fine print. They do what every company does - hide them self under the contract umbrella. Well California Attorneys this will be the perfect consumer class action lawsuits. Please count me in.

Cheryle of Long Beach, CA on

I purchased a monthly membership for my daughter who was home from college for the summer. The cost for a monthly membership was about $40 per month, along with a small initiation fee. Today, I called to cancel the membership because she has returned to school and was informed that I was also charged a $49 Yearly Maintenance Fee - a fee added in 2015 to all yearly memberships to maintain their gyms. I told customer service that I was not aware of the fee and that I did not feel it fair that I was charged a yearly fee for a three month membership. The Escalation Supervisor simply replied, "Sorry about that."

I gather from the other reviews that this is a problem for many other members as well. Obviously, 24 Hour Fitness is neither making this clear, nor willing to do anything about it. I, too, have a problem with this maintenance fee because I am ALWAYS dealing with broken and missing equipment, and when I bring it to the attention of a staff member I am told 'I don't know what to tell you', or 'it happens all the time'. When I ask to speak to the manager, one is not available. Really?

Sasha of Alhambra, CA on

It is just mind boggling how we have to pay for something that we are unaware of. The rep just said the only fee I have to pay is the first month and last month payment. Why are we paying an annual fee??? Consumer Affairs should investigate 24-hour Fitness to see what they are doing with the annual fee they are charging their customers. The customer service rep said it is to up keep the gym but the gym I go to have never been up keep. All the machines are broken.

Fritzen of Vallejo, CA on

Years ago I signed up for membership and joined the $49 annually lifetime membership. Last year my renewal notice indicated a doubled annual fee. I questioned it and I was told 24 Hour Fitness is reviewing their memberships and is increasing the fee for everyone. I was also directed to page 3 of the contract. It seems I'm the only one who received the increase but my friends and family stayed on the same rate. Recently, I questioned it again because it's my second year renewing at the increased rate. The same friends and family are still paying $49 annually. Again the Customer Service representative directed my question to Finance and again, the Finance representative doesn't have an answer. The excuse is the Corporate reviews memberships and increase fees accordingly. Really? A complete lie.

As for the other memberships I referred to, of course I'm told they cannot look and do not know why my friends and family didn't receive any fee increase. The Finance person asked if I wanted to talk to someone from Customer Service who could possibly answer my questions. A waste of time. The 24 Hour Fitness employees bounce customers back and forth to other departments because they do not have any answer. As for the online renewal service, the website kept sending me to the page for membership upgrade. It won't let me just renew my membership. I had to call in my renewal to avoid this other scam from 24 Hour Fitness. Feel free to contact me for any class action lawsuit. I will participate.

j of Other, CA on

24 fitness illegally raised (doubled) my lifetime rate. Same story as everyone else, promised lifetime rate of $49. Last year I get a bill for $99. How can I join the class action lawsuit?

Wayne of Hacienda Heights, CA on

Couple years ago, signed up for prepaid membership under the notion that the sales told me after my prepaid period, my annual fee will be grandfathered at $49.00 rate thereon after. This is a verbal agreement. Little did I know, the contract had a fine print that allows 24 Fitness to hike the club fees after a 12 month grace period (of which 0 disclosures were made about this fine-print from 24 Hour Fitness). So recently in 2016, my fees were hiked over 150%. I reread the contract, and have to accept the fact that 24 Hour Fitness blatantly lied about their membership dues, and reserve the right to hike their fees indefinitely. I rated one star because there is no option to rate them 0 stars.

J of Southlake, TX on

I signed up with 24 H F in 2010, they great deal, new store and they offered a contract price to me $649.36, then next annual payments when due were set at $49.00 per year plus tax. All of a sudden 2015 my rate increase to over 150 per year. That's triple the rate. I went to gym mgt, they sent me to customer service, after a number of "I don't know answers, it's not my decision", then final statement was "it's still very inexpensive" so basically too bad. That's not the point, the contract deal stated the rate with a potential increase of not more than 3%. Once per year. They would not respond to letters, mgt played dumb, customer service was in the end, pointed in too bad attitude. Private company, no real sr mgt to contact. Again, NO reply to letters and they increased the rate again this year. Yes, I see a class action suit in the making. Valid complaints.

Attached is contract language: "3(c). Right to Increase dues: If you have a monthly membership, 24 Hour may increase your monthly dues once per calendar year. The increase will be calculated at not more than three percent (3%) of your then current monthly dues. Any such increase will not occur during the first three (3) months of your membership. Your EFT date will not change. If you have a prepaid membership, 24 Hour will not increase your Initial Annual Renewal Amount on page 1 of this agreement, but may increase all subsequent annual renewal amounts. 24 Hour will send you notice of your new annual renewal amount each year thereafter prior to the end of your then current term."

Bea of American Canyon, CA on

I initially had a super sport membership and the club where I got my membership is at the capitol expressway location in San Jose, CA. My schedule changed so I was unable to go to the super sport clubs so I wanted to downgrade my membership. The other club I've been going to was the McKee and capitol location and for 3-4 weeks I kept asking the front desk if I could talk to a manager. EVERY, SINGLE time the front desk people say "there's no manager, please come back again."

Finally after weeks of asking, I get to talk to a manager and he says he cannot help me and that I have to go to the original location where I got my membership. Thank you other employees, for making me waste my time to wait for a manager who is completely useless. IT DOES NOT MAKE SENSE FOR THE MANAGER/EMPLOYEE TO MAKE THE CUSTOMER'S EXPERIENCE HARDER. I think the manager should have at least called the other club to help me.

I go to the original location, Capitol Expressway, and I'm told AGAIN that the manager is busy and that I should come back in an hour. After an hour I go back and STILL the manager is "unavailable" and the front desk people just write down my info on a piece of paper and told me that I would get a call from the manager in 2-3 business days. Seriously, the other employees couldn't write my name on a piece a paper and pass it off to the manager?

3 business days pass by and I still get no phone call. I find out that my debit card was charged AGAIN for the month when I was trying to handle this situation for more than a month. I call the line to cancel my membership and tell the whole story. I finally get my membership cancelled and I was told I was going to get a refund. A week has passed and I still have NO REFUND. I SHOULDN'T BE PAYING EXTRA FOR HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AT MULTIPLE LOCATIONS.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

24 Hour Fitness offers over 400 gym locations in 13 states, including California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Virginia.

• GX24 classes: 24 Hour Fitness offers group exercise classes in four categories: Burn, Intensity, Strength and Bliss. Each class is taught by a trained instructor and offers motivation and community to help you meet your fitness goals.
  • Fit:Perks Rewards: Members can sign up for the free Fit:Perks Rewards program, which allows you to earn points for working out and participating in 24 Hour Fitness’s social media channels. Points are redeemable for sweepstakes entries, giveaways, discounts and promotions.
  • My24 app: 24 Hour Fitness helps you stay organized to reach your fitness goals with its My24 app. The app allows you to view updated class schedules, join challenges, set and conquer goals, link other fitness apps and wearable devices and more.
  • Training Club 24: For clients who enjoy competition, 24 Hour Fitness’s Training Club 24 lets you compete in team workouts that build in intensity every week. Coaches help teams set and meet goals.
  • Kids’ Club: Children up to age 12 can attend the Kids’ Club, which features CPR- and First Aid-certified attendants, a fast and secure check-in process and active play. Members can purchase single Kids’ Club visits or add monthly payments to their membership plans.
  • Best for fitness novices, athletes, fitness buffs and parents.

Compare Gyms and Fitness Centers