2.69/5
Based on 137 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1229 24 Hour Fitness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 16, 2018

Free Guest Pass??? DON’T DO IT, IT’S NOT FREE!!! Save your time and money by going to this location. Kris is a liar and the company took money from my account without my knowledge. This happened at the Downey location in California. Have already filed a complaint with my bank with file a complaint with the corporate office. This also happened to a friend of mine but different location.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Canceling membership is very difficult. Two months from now, my membership expires. I tried to cancel my membership this morning. I cannot cancel it without paying my entire membership off. I asked could they please mark my account to end after my commitment. They refused to cancel my membership until I called again at the end of my commitment. I don't mind paying what I owe, but I definitely do not want to run the risk of forgetting to call back a second time to cancel. Where is customer service? Nonexistent with 24 Hour Fitness. I am Highly upset, but they do not care. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THAT I MADE.

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 11, 2018

No location in South Carolina, so I had to quit membership when we moved. After all these years, it was very difficult to drop my membership; lots of hassles in attempt to get more $$$ out of my pocket. Made me sour on the whole facility!

Original review: June 11, 2018

My Medicare supplement allows me free membership. I work out 4-5 times a week, once with a Personal Trainer who is spectacular! My only objection is that the "unisex" bathroom is not as well maintained as it should be -- sometimes out of soap, toilet paper, etc., and not as "picked up" as it should be.

Original review: June 11, 2018

The Master Trainer that I used is the best and really addresses my physical issues. The membership fees are great but the training pricing are a bit high (no senior discount). Also the facility needs a lot of upgrades and have a fresh clean look.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24 Hour Fitness?

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have seen the staff attack ** members, deny them services and look the other way when Hispanic members assaulted disabled ** seniors. Besides the obvious, adult "services" are solicited to members that are not appropriate for any business to allow on the premises. The equipment and lockers rooms have a great deal dirt, visible mold/mildew and have been shut down along with the kids care for outbreaks of lice and influenza. Parking lots are a free for all, car break-ins, adult "services" transactions being completed and the staff refusing to alert the PD instead alerting a security company that does not respond. This not an environment for adults let alone kids.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Showers are disgusting and never modernized. Soap dispensers are easily accessed from fill location, allowing any sicko to do their sicko stuff. Pool hours not open early enough and pool is never regulated to have non-swimmers kept in first lane.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My gym and Fitness Center has been very helpful for me. When I am stressful at work I need to get my mind clear and my body in tune so I use the fitness center. I don't think I can function as well as I do without having the fitness center. It is such a necessity for me although I have equipment on my job to help my job performance. It is always nice to have a second Outlet and which I can keep myself in shape for my health and my job. I am a law enforcement officer and Fitness is one of the things is very very necessary for my line of work.

Original review: June 9, 2018

In average the facilities are OK... the higher the level of membership the cleaner they are. I always go late at night (when I can) because they are Pack during the day... AND believe me You don't want to breathe that kind of sweaty air. I guess it's a normal thing in any gym... And since I just go to workout (high intensity), and not for "the look at me thing" It does work perfectly for me. I like to go to several ones on different levels of membership. The staff is always nice and courteous. Unfortunately some clubs have the policy to close at night (even when the name is 24 Hour Fitness)... I enjoy workout at night. Other thing that I would like to see is to remain open during the holidays... Is when there is more free time to workout because pretty much people is out of jobs and they even close earlier the day before. Other than that I'm very happy with my 24 Hour gym.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Everything is ok. I felt wonderful every day. I use it 1 hour/day and 5 day/week. I like and appreciate the 24 hours program, you can chose what time you want and when you want. The people are great.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The 24 Hour gym in Westlake Village is small, outdated and run down - total disappointment. There are other 24 Hour gyms that are nice, however for some reason this one has been ignored. A Life Fitness is being built in Agoura, and we will change as soon as this gym is completed.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The gym people plus the people that goes there always a smile and hello. The gym is always clean and machines working. The class for older people is very good.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Always quiet. Not too many people. People are nice, no one bothers others because people come to 24 Hour Fitness concentrates on doing their own workout.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I wish the bathrooms were more clean. Also, people sit their bare, naked butts on the bathroom benches. There should be a policy about this because it’s not sanitary.

Original review: June 6, 2018

24 Hour Fitness has always been an ok club. Their class selection could use some serious improvements, people like weights classes and cardio classes to be separate. They also need to add earlier times, I don't care how many people show up, they need to be available and change out or rotate the teachers!

Original review: June 6, 2018

24/7 in Ramsey, is a well designed gym with classes, swimming weights and more than everything you need. I like the gym because it is clean, efficient, well planned out and people are grown up.

Original review: June 5, 2018

24 Hour has all the machines, great hours, many classes but is dirty as hell. Some are worst than others, some are newer buildings and some others very old.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I have been a 24 Hour member for at least 30 years. I get a great monthly rate because of that. My only gripe is that some clubs don't pay enough attention to maintaining equipment and supplying soap to the showers.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I canceled my membership, but had to contact the company at least 7 times to get canceled. Finally had to get my bank involved after the gym kept charging me month after month. My bank was able to get the charges reversed, but it was a very unpleasant experience.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Especially Ocean Avenue 24-Hour Fitness is ALWAYS Filthy!! Mold and Mildew... In showers and in ceilings, even in the weights/exercise area. Condensation from ceilings of shower area... Facility cannot seem to keep-up with cleaning!! And the restrooms are just so disgusting!! Toilets are never scrubbed down and feces are splattered in the toilet bowls, stained! As Front Desk Staff bang around their brooms and mops with such ATTITUDE (because they the ** for the day!) Faucets leaks, run profusely and get stuck all the time, as I stand and monitor the faucets-running-water - while I get ready in front of the mirror/sinks watching all this... .So, 24 Hour Fitness "WASTE LOTS OF WATER."

Signs say: Take "SHORTEN Your Shower to save Water." But, 24 Hour Management are too Stupid & Cheap to fix leaky faucets, toilets, etc. As they RELIABLY bill/send us the Gym Dues!!! Boo for 24 Hour Fitness at Ocean Avenue, SF - Daly City 24 Hour Fitness is also DISGUSTING. 50 Percent of Staff are Rude and focus more into entertaining each other, than greeting or assisting gym members!

Original review: June 4, 2018

The good thing about being a 24 Hour Fitness is that you can go what suits your schedule the best. Day or night which works good for most people. Those that work days can go in the evening. Those that work night can go in the morning.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have always been a member of LA fitness and I found my location to be filthy at best. Since I have the Silver Sneakers I signed up with 24 Hour Fitness. Very clean and I love the fact it is a gym not a meeting place, no gym, no pool. Just work out in a clean friendly environment.

Original review: June 3, 2018

We have been a member for 2.5 years. It's a good club, great people & trainers. They need to improve on (2) areas. 1st keep the restrooms a little more clean & 2nd replace your older equipment that is always out of service.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I had several sessions with a trainer and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and expertise of my trainer. There were adequate numbers of equipment pieces and plenty of room to workout without being too crowded.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Bad experience. I enrolled in Kaiser Permanente's Senior Advantage. This program offers, among things, free well and fitness program. I enrolled with 24 Hours Fitness under Kaiser's Well and Fitness program. I talked with 24 Hours customer service and asked to change my membership from regular program to Kaiser Well and Fitness. I gave to the customer service my Kaiser Well and Fitness Program ID number. The customer service wanted me to secure a letter from Kaiser that shows that I'm enrolled with Kaiser' s Well and Fitness Program.

I called Kaiser and they told me I don't need a letter. They called 24 Hours Fitness and then told me that I am enrolled with 24 Hour Fitness under the Kaiser program. It took almost one year after I discovered that I was not enrolled with 24 Hours under the Kaiser program. I didn't know that 24 Hours continued charging my membership from my wife's credit card. I have been paying Kaiser program and 24 Hours separately for almost a year. I demanded from 24 Hours a refund and when it refused to do so, I cancelled my regular membership with it.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Great place to do quick workout. Decent equipment and love that they are truly a 24 hour gym. Location I go to has a juice bar also but my location needs more space.

Original review: June 2, 2018

GX24 class. They can’t keep the good teachers, I used to go to a 5:30 am class in the morning with Mel at Westheimer and Dairy Ashford. She was excellent, but she quit few weeks ago and they didn’t replace her yet, but still showing in the app that she’s giving the class. She is one of the many that quit.

Original review: June 1, 2018

My experience was life threatening, I contracted a blood infection from 24 Hour Fitness Kapiolani, when I called corporate office to let them know what had happened, yes I survived, they had me speak to a retention specialist then I went to a supervisor who hung up on me, there will be lawsuit if they do not settle and pay my medical bills, Pain and Suffering etc.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Overall the cost is somewhere I believe they can improve. Not everyone can afford this cost. There are comparable gyms that offer most of what 24 Hour does however the cost is a lot more economical.

Original review: May 31, 2018

Too often the machines are out of commission, but I can usually get a spot. At night the parking lot is too full, so hard to find parking. Promotions are kept low key so I don't feel hassled.

24 Hour Fitness expert review by ConsumerAffairs

24 Hour Fitness offers over 400 gym locations in 13 states, including California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Virginia.

• GX24 classes: 24 Hour Fitness offers group exercise classes in four categories: Burn, Intensity, Strength and Bliss. Each class is taught by a trained instructor and offers motivation and community to help you meet your fitness goals.

• Fit:Perks Rewards: Members can sign up for the free Fit:Perks Rewards program, which allows you to earn points for working out and participating in 24 Hour Fitness’s social media channels. Points are redeemable for sweepstakes entries, giveaways, discounts and promotions.

• My24 app: 24 Hour Fitness helps you stay organized to reach your fitness goals with its My24 app. The app allows you to view updated class schedules, join challenges, set and conquer goals, link other fitness apps and wearable devices and more.

• Training Club 24: For clients who enjoy competition, 24 Hour Fitness’s Training Club 24 lets you compete in team workouts that build in intensity every week. Coaches help teams set and meet goals.

• Kids’ Club: Children up to age 12 can attend the Kids’ Club, which features CPR- and First Aid-certified attendants, a fast and secure check-in process and active play. Members can purchase single Kids’ Club visits or add monthly payments to their membership plans.

• Best for: fitness novices, athletes, fitness buffs and parents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs