Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.14/5

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

24 Hour Fitness Reviews

Original review: Jan. 22, 2020

Once again 24 has raised my annual fee even though I signed up for the lifetime rate of $99 back in 07. They raised it once before and then changed it back after getting sued. Not sure what has changed but I just received a bill of $144. They should uphold their promise. I was told lifetime and now it seems to be untrue.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

I got my Lifetime membership at 2003 and was paying $20 a year. Every year I would get email notification that my account is due, this year I didn't get any notifications nor a letter. So they terminated my account. In 2017 I received Classic lawsuit that 24 hrs was trying to drop all lifetime membership users, lucky they didn't, but they didn't remind me payment was due and they got me out this way.

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2020

I have had numerous poor experiences with 24 Hour Fitness locations in San Diego, including dried blood on the gym floor, a bloody Tampon left in the woman's showers, lack of heating and ac control (icy yoga) and out of order equipment. I've called all of this to the staff's attention, gotten rude attitude, and no improvement in cleanliness. Most recently, after a man called a woman ** in one of the yoga classes, I reported it to the club staff. I called customer service 8 times over 3 months and wrote headquarters to document this. Customer service couldn't do anything (their words), the club GM was rude and insulting, and headquarters and the district manager never got back to me. Don't work out here if your a female or know one.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2020

I call 24 Hour Fitness to cancel my membership after 20 years. They were very rude and hung up in my face. After being told they would cancel my membership. I will never recommend anyone to use this gym.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I have told them for over a month about the bikes been broken, and never been fixed. Yesterday 1/11/2020 was over than 50% of the bikes down, and today 1/12 202 I lost my class because NO GOOD BIKES left, more than 50% was down. So upset, to go back without taking my class. This is in PARAMUS NJ. Gabriela

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24 Hour Fitness?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2020

As far as gyms go 24-Hour Fitness is For the Working Class People like myself. I do not expect too much out of a gym. For the price they charge you get a good deal. Gyms are expensive to operate especially if they have Aquatics and Spa. The issue that I have is that a lot of people do not understand the operation of the spa part of the gym. Somewhere in muscle and fitness or Shape magazine they must have made an article that after you get done working out upstairs you go stand in the sauna with all your clothes and your dirty tennis shoes on. This is been going on for the past couple of years or maybe less.

To properly take a sauna you take a shower. Soap shower first. Put on your swimsuit with your flip-flops or shower shoes. Stay in the sauna as long as you can. Take a cold shower and go back into the sauna. Do this approximately 5 times. The people that come down with their street clothes on the stand around in the sauna for 3 minutes and run out very annoying and they track a lot of debris into the sauna because most of them only have one pair of tennis shoes that they used to cut the grass and change the oil in their car. If I was in charge of the club I would not let any Street clothes allowed in a sauna or Spa area swimming. Swimming attire only and showers are a must before hot tub, steam room or sauna.

The good news is if management reads this and enforces it they'll save a ton of money on the chemicals for the spa because you have to use less chemicals because you already taking a shower and your body is clean before you go into the spa area. I do enjoy 24-Hour Fitness I've had my membership there 10 years. I'm not going to change. It's a good value for the money we pay. Aquatics is very expensive to run. I know because I'm in the business. Hope this helps some of you. Just be sure to shower before you go down there and wear your swimming attire. Standing around in the sauna with all your workout gear and Tennis Shoes does nothing for you. It only lets the heat out of the sauna so try to take a sauna as listed above and you really enjoy it. Thank you. Patrick **. Issaquah Washington.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

In 2007 I joined 24 Hour Fitness, with an agreement to have access to all gyms, including super sports. I paid $750 for the first 3 years, and after that my fee would be $29 a year for the rest of my life. This was on the contract I signed back then at the la mirada location. Then in 2015 they raised my fee to $79, which they told me would never happen. I called customer service to remedy, they said according to my contract there was a section that said they can raise the yearly amount, then sent me my agreement in an email, which had been changed to favor their response. The emailed agreement did not have my signature and was different than what I signed. A lawsuit followed and in 2018, they lost, paid back all members wronged and changed back their fee to promised amount.

Next thing that has happened is I get denied access to a supersport near me. I call customer service and inform them that I've been denied access, even though I was promised access to all gyms, including super sports, which was on the original agreement. After being on the phone for almost an hour, no remedy was made and they stuck to their lies about my contract giving me access to only 15 super sports, some which are out of state far far away, which ill never go to. We need to start a new lawsuit for this. Promising access and not granting out just to make a sale is unethical and im sure unlawful, especially when its on a signed contract. This company is unethical and are liars and cheats.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I was shocked to find on December 2, 2019 that the gym is no longer open for 24 hours. It is now closed between 00:00 AM and 04:00 AM. I used to enjoy workout past midnight, but they cruelly removed this unique feature. In addition, at this particular gym, equipment is not necessarily well-maintained. Some of my favorite devices have been out of order for months and there is no indication that they will be repaired or replaced. Staff at the reception counter is usually unfriendly or unresponsive. They seem to be indifferent to equipment failure, and do not take care of a request to replenish paper towels or liquid soaps. Worse, there is often nobody at the reception counter. Maybe no 24 Hour Fitness personnel at all in the building, which is scary. Some 24 Hour Fitness guys are seen in the room, which is used to do paperwork for new members, but they do not seem to be hiding in the room to do business.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2019

I gave This company a 2 star because up until now I enjoyed the gym, I recently moved to Oregon and needed a gym membership. I choose 24 Hr Fitness because I have friends that also attend. I told the representative that I was only joining for a 3month period until my insurance became active on January 1st 2020. On December 18th I was charged an annual fee of $49.99. I thought this may be a mistake so I Questioned the manager Keith at the Clackamas location. He informed me that there are never refunds for the annual fee. They were aware I was only joining for 3 months until insurance was in place. It is not the money that concerns me on matter, it is the unprofessional business manner that was displayed to me. Be fair. This is not a fair Practice.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2019

I have been a member of 24 Hour Fitness for nearly 20 years. I was attracted 24 Hour Fitness because it was open 24 hours a day. Often I go to the gym late nights/early mornings because I like the quietness of shooting basketball alone or aqua aerobics in the pool. But now that the gym is 20 Hour Fitness I guess I’ll let my membership lapse because of the change of hours. I’m curious to see if they will change the name.

Not sure about 24 Hour Fitness?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right weight loss program for you.

24 Hour Fitness expert review by Joey Thurman

24 Hour Fitness offers over 400 gym locations in 13 states, including California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Virginia.

• GX24 classes: 24 Hour Fitness offers group exercise classes in four categories: Burn, Intensity, Strength and Bliss. Each class is taught by a trained instructor and offers motivation and community to help you meet your fitness goals.

• Fit:Perks Rewards: Members can sign up for the free Fit:Perks Rewards program, which allows you to earn points for working out and participating in 24 Hour Fitness’s social media channels. Points are redeemable for sweepstakes entries, giveaways, discounts and promotions.

• My24 app: 24 Hour Fitness helps you stay organized to reach your fitness goals with its My24 app. The app allows you to view updated class schedules, join challenges, set and conquer goals, link other fitness apps and wearable devices and more.

• Training Club 24: For clients who enjoy competition, 24 Hour Fitness’s Training Club 24 lets you compete in team workouts that build in intensity every week. Coaches help teams set and meet goals.

• Kids’ Club: Children up to age 12 can attend the Kids’ Club, which features CPR- and First Aid-certified attendants, a fast and secure check-in process and active play. Members can purchase single Kids’ Club visits or add monthly payments to their membership plans.

• Best for: fitness novices, athletes, fitness buffs and parents.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

24 Hour Fitness Company Information