2.41/5
Based on 86 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

1234 24 Hour Fitness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Sign up for my daughter for 30 days trial, told me only $40 but must* sign up for two months, rates will be pro-rated. After I agreed, before 30 days, wanted to cancel, No one would help me. When I called, manager busy, no one returned my call, 4 times went to cancel, replied: "Come during normal business hrs. or after 10 am." Once I did, no manager on site! I went over 30 days without canceling. My amount they were keep charging on VISA was $160.00 total. I think, this people are Corp. crooks. They play games with you, maybe not making enough money, & Started cheating customers like "Nothing happened!".

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

I have been a 24 Hour Fitness member for 19 years and I was fairly happy until recently. I contacted the company via their website to complain about the music being played at one of the clubs I go to. It is the same terrible stuff every day and it is literally robbing off the pleasure of working out. I received an email saying that “My opinion was important and I would get a response within 72 hrs.” That was more than three weeks ago. Apparently, my opinion is NOT important, and they don’t care if my workout experience at one of their clubs is not enjoyable. Not even bothering to respond to my complaint is why I consider 24 Hour Fitness to have VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

Member of 24 Hour Fitness for 17 years. Pay $99.00/yr. At the time of the contract the salesperson told me that if I pay 3 years of membership for about $650.00 then, for rest of your life I am paying $99.00/year and I can transfer to any 24 Hour Fitness in U.S. Now 24 Hour Fitness open new gym in my town but I cannot transfer because I am paying about $8.00/mo. They told me that I have to pay $40/mo. I think this is outrageous and misleading the consumer. Any help is appreciated!

Original review: July 24, 2018

Worst Customer Service Ever! Had an issue with them due to their sales representative wanting to get bonus! They knew about it, yet they DIDN'T even try to help me, all they care is MONTHLY DEDUCTION!!! TOOK ME 5-6 MONTH!!! They were deducting money from me and not letting me go INSIDE!!! Eventually had to cancel!!! More: They have a ROBOTIC Customers Service! It's like you are talking to pre-programmed robots. "It's the policy...The policy Says that...We can't go out of policy". BE HUMAN!!! YOU WRITE THE POLICY! NOT THE OTHER WAY!!!

So dirty and smelly. I'm now in LA Fitness...so far happy!!! Msg to 24 HOURS Owner and Management Team!!! "If YOU don't know how to serve a customer, THEN SHUT DOWN THE BUSINESS". I won't waste a penny on such management. And from the reviews and valuable CUSTOMER FEEDBACKS... I can clearly see the end of the current business/management. :)

Original review: July 20, 2018

I had my $99 annual membership for the longest time and during every relocation process I made sure my address was up to date with 24 Hour Fitness. Somehow 24 Hour Fitness missed to update my mailing address with physical address and I didn't receive my renewal notice. I have gone through customer service and contacts multiple different locations to get my annual membership back for the last 2 years and seems like it always end up in a hole and fake promises are made but no one delivers. It would be nice to find a way to get something from a company we took $99 a year for many years and even with their mistake they are pushing customers to get out of that deal and pay higher membership fees.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24 Hour Fitness?

Original review: June 28, 2018

Member with 24 Fitness PQ for 3 months. This gym is nasty. The front desk people always look like someone owe them money not paying back. You can literally smell odor pass through the weight area. The group exercise classes look nice only in paper. Try couple classes, all the instructors are old, overweight, tired all the time and don't exactly know what are they teaching. People can easily get injured by taking their classes. Most of the people here workout are either senior or they have grandfather account, don't really pay much to access the gym (90 per year). They continue raise new members with higher price without inform us. Waste my money just to check out this place.

Original review: June 16, 2018

Free Guest Pass??? DON’T DO IT, IT’S NOT FREE!!! Save your time and money by going to this location. Kris is a liar and the company took money from my account without my knowledge. This happened at the Downey location in California. Have already filed a complaint with my bank with file a complaint with the corporate office. This also happened to a friend of mine but different location.

Original review: June 12, 2018

Canceling membership is very difficult. Two months from now, my membership expires. I tried to cancel my membership this morning. I cannot cancel it without paying my entire membership off. I asked could they please mark my account to end after my commitment. They refused to cancel my membership until I called again at the end of my commitment. I don't mind paying what I owe, but I definitely do not want to run the risk of forgetting to call back a second time to cancel. Where is customer service? Nonexistent with 24 Hour Fitness. I am Highly upset, but they do not care. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE THAT I MADE.

Original review: June 11, 2018

No location in South Carolina, so I had to quit membership when we moved. After all these years, it was very difficult to drop my membership; lots of hassles in attempt to get more $$$ out of my pocket. Made me sour on the whole facility!

Original review: June 11, 2018

My Medicare supplement allows me free membership. I work out 4-5 times a week, once with a Personal Trainer who is spectacular! My only objection is that the "unisex" bathroom is not as well maintained as it should be -- sometimes out of soap, toilet paper, etc., and not as "picked up" as it should be.

Original review: June 11, 2018

The Master Trainer that I used is the best and really addresses my physical issues. The membership fees are great but the training pricing are a bit high (no senior discount). Also the facility needs a lot of upgrades and have a fresh clean look.

Original review: June 10, 2018

I have seen the staff attack ** members, deny them services and look the other way when Hispanic members assaulted disabled ** seniors. Besides the obvious, adult "services" are solicited to members that are not appropriate for any business to allow on the premises. The equipment and lockers rooms have a great deal dirt, visible mold/mildew and have been shut down along with the kids care for outbreaks of lice and influenza. Parking lots are a free for all, car break-ins, adult "services" transactions being completed and the staff refusing to alert the PD instead alerting a security company that does not respond. This not an environment for adults let alone kids.

Original review: June 10, 2018

Showers are disgusting and never modernized. Soap dispensers are easily accessed from fill location, allowing any sicko to do their sicko stuff. Pool hours not open early enough and pool is never regulated to have non-swimmers kept in first lane.

Original review: June 9, 2018

My gym and Fitness Center has been very helpful for me. When I am stressful at work I need to get my mind clear and my body in tune so I use the fitness center. I don't think I can function as well as I do without having the fitness center. It is such a necessity for me although I have equipment on my job to help my job performance. It is always nice to have a second Outlet and which I can keep myself in shape for my health and my job. I am a law enforcement officer and Fitness is one of the things is very very necessary for my line of work.

Original review: June 9, 2018

In average the facilities are OK... the higher the level of membership the cleaner they are. I always go late at night (when I can) because they are Pack during the day... AND believe me You don't want to breathe that kind of sweaty air. I guess it's a normal thing in any gym... And since I just go to workout (high intensity), and not for "the look at me thing" It does work perfectly for me. I like to go to several ones on different levels of membership. The staff is always nice and courteous. Unfortunately some clubs have the policy to close at night (even when the name is 24 Hour Fitness)... I enjoy workout at night. Other thing that I would like to see is to remain open during the holidays... Is when there is more free time to workout because pretty much people is out of jobs and they even close earlier the day before. Other than that I'm very happy with my 24 Hour gym.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Everything is ok. I felt wonderful every day. I use it 1 hour/day and 5 day/week. I like and appreciate the 24 hours program, you can chose what time you want and when you want. The people are great.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The 24 Hour gym in Westlake Village is small, outdated and run down - total disappointment. There are other 24 Hour gyms that are nice, however for some reason this one has been ignored. A Life Fitness is being built in Agoura, and we will change as soon as this gym is completed.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The gym people plus the people that goes there always a smile and hello. The gym is always clean and machines working. The class for older people is very good.

Original review: June 7, 2018

Always quiet. Not too many people. People are nice, no one bothers others because people come to 24 Hour Fitness concentrates on doing their own workout.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I wish the bathrooms were more clean. Also, people sit their bare, naked butts on the bathroom benches. There should be a policy about this because it’s not sanitary.

Original review: June 6, 2018

24 Hour Fitness has always been an ok club. Their class selection could use some serious improvements, people like weights classes and cardio classes to be separate. They also need to add earlier times, I don't care how many people show up, they need to be available and change out or rotate the teachers!

Original review: June 6, 2018

24/7 in Ramsey, is a well designed gym with classes, swimming weights and more than everything you need. I like the gym because it is clean, efficient, well planned out and people are grown up.

Original review: June 5, 2018

24 Hour has all the machines, great hours, many classes but is dirty as hell. Some are worst than others, some are newer buildings and some others very old.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I have been a 24 Hour member for at least 30 years. I get a great monthly rate because of that. My only gripe is that some clubs don't pay enough attention to maintaining equipment and supplying soap to the showers.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I canceled my membership, but had to contact the company at least 7 times to get canceled. Finally had to get my bank involved after the gym kept charging me month after month. My bank was able to get the charges reversed, but it was a very unpleasant experience.

Original review: June 4, 2018

Especially Ocean Avenue 24-Hour Fitness is ALWAYS Filthy!! Mold and Mildew... In showers and in ceilings, even in the weights/exercise area. Condensation from ceilings of shower area... Facility cannot seem to keep-up with cleaning!! And the restrooms are just so disgusting!! Toilets are never scrubbed down and feces are splattered in the toilet bowls, stained! As Front Desk Staff bang around their brooms and mops with such ATTITUDE (because they the ** for the day!) Faucets leaks, run profusely and get stuck all the time, as I stand and monitor the faucets-running-water - while I get ready in front of the mirror/sinks watching all this... .So, 24 Hour Fitness "WASTE LOTS OF WATER."

Signs say: Take "SHORTEN Your Shower to save Water." But, 24 Hour Management are too Stupid & Cheap to fix leaky faucets, toilets, etc. As they RELIABLY bill/send us the Gym Dues!!! Boo for 24 Hour Fitness at Ocean Avenue, SF - Daly City 24 Hour Fitness is also DISGUSTING. 50 Percent of Staff are Rude and focus more into entertaining each other, than greeting or assisting gym members!

Original review: June 4, 2018

The good thing about being a 24 Hour Fitness is that you can go what suits your schedule the best. Day or night which works good for most people. Those that work days can go in the evening. Those that work night can go in the morning.

Original review: June 4, 2018

I have always been a member of LA fitness and I found my location to be filthy at best. Since I have the Silver Sneakers I signed up with 24 Hour Fitness. Very clean and I love the fact it is a gym not a meeting place, no gym, no pool. Just work out in a clean friendly environment.

Original review: June 3, 2018

We have been a member for 2.5 years. It's a good club, great people & trainers. They need to improve on (2) areas. 1st keep the restrooms a little more clean & 2nd replace your older equipment that is always out of service.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I had several sessions with a trainer and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and expertise of my trainer. There were adequate numbers of equipment pieces and plenty of room to workout without being too crowded.

24 Hour Fitness expert review by ConsumerAffairs

24 Hour Fitness offers over 400 gym locations in 13 states, including California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Virginia.

• GX24 classes: 24 Hour Fitness offers group exercise classes in four categories: Burn, Intensity, Strength and Bliss. Each class is taught by a trained instructor and offers motivation and community to help you meet your fitness goals.

• Fit:Perks Rewards: Members can sign up for the free Fit:Perks Rewards program, which allows you to earn points for working out and participating in 24 Hour Fitness’s social media channels. Points are redeemable for sweepstakes entries, giveaways, discounts and promotions.

• My24 app: 24 Hour Fitness helps you stay organized to reach your fitness goals with its My24 app. The app allows you to view updated class schedules, join challenges, set and conquer goals, link other fitness apps and wearable devices and more.

• Training Club 24: For clients who enjoy competition, 24 Hour Fitness’s Training Club 24 lets you compete in team workouts that build in intensity every week. Coaches help teams set and meet goals.

• Kids’ Club: Children up to age 12 can attend the Kids’ Club, which features CPR- and First Aid-certified attendants, a fast and secure check-in process and active play. Members can purchase single Kids’ Club visits or add monthly payments to their membership plans.

• Best for: fitness novices, athletes, fitness buffs and parents.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs
ConsumerAffairs

Research Team

24 Hour Fitness Company Information

www.24hourfitness.com

Want to know more?
You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business