3.8/5 (933 ratings)

About Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?

Original review: Aug. 29, 2022

I just wanted to let someone know that the staff at PF Fredericksburg Costner Corner are amazing. They always have smiles and are cleaning some type of equipment. It is refreshing to know that the staff truly care about fitness and customer service. One young gentleman named Jon always impresses me. He is always greeting everyone with a smile and he is always professional.

Just today he was working on diagnostics with the Hydro bed. He was diligent and he kept looking for the problem. I know that he went above and beyond his details in work and he just impressed me. I would like to let that young man know that he was being watched and admired. You have great staff, but this young man never fails to impress. Please bless him with the knowledge that this was written about him, and please let your staff know that their work is not in vain. I truly appreciate being a part of the PF family. God bless you all. Give that young man Jon a raise or a day off he deserves it!!!

Original review: June 16, 2022

Ke see2 (Doug), The trainer, at Londons, Planet Fitness, is patient, adaptive, informative, he cares about your journey into health and fitness. He encourages you by his willingness to work right where you're at.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

The managers Chase and Hope were supportive during my training. They never made me feel uncomfortable during the time that I worked there. When Covid-19 happened they did their best to accommodate all employees and staff.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I am thoroughly pleased with my PF experience. My club is in Chapel Hill and the staff are courteous and professional. Huge shout to (and hope they promote him) Elijah. He always makes me feel welcomed and valued as a customer/client. And PF should clean up their cancellation policy. My daughter had a similar experience after leaving for college. They don't make it easy and meanwhile keep taking from your bank account.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

As sophisticated as Planet Fitness app is, canceling a membership requires physically going to the "home" facility or to mail a letter to request cancelation!! Which is ridiculous!!! My home facility is in Florida & I recently relocated to PA so I am left with only the option to mail & letter "certified" so they can't claim they did not receive it. I DO NOT RECOMMEND JOINING THIS GYM!!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

I was bullied at their gym, reported the incident, asked them to look at video and take action. Nothing was done... All memberships were cancelled. Staff made no attempts to offer help or address this issue with the perpetrator. Very poorly handled!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

The service is awful, they all seem like they dread being there, not real friendly. It has gone downhill, lack of help and employees, they use to have a employee that kept the locker rooms/restrooms so clean and smell so good her name was Amanda and she was the friendliest one there always smiling. And she kept the lady's locker area clean, and smell so good.

Now she's left there, the bathrooms are very dirty and don't smell fresh or look fresh. I do not even use the showers no more. And the new management has made changes and took the paper towels down in the restrooms and they are just very short staff, they need help. And they need that lady back that clean the locker area, she did a great job and so friendly and outgoing always smiling. And hire more employees for help up front with great personality, they are under new management, lost supervisors and other team members, and someone like Amanda to clean the restrooms.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

My husband and I had been training at Planet Fitness located in the Dr Phillips neighborhood for two and a half years, usually three times a week. This week we had an extremely unpleasant experience that led us to cancel our subscription to this gym. When we arrived to train, I passed the app on the scanner, then the employee asked to confirm my guest (my husband), while the app opened my husband said that we were always training there. The employee, in a very rude way started to say that my husband was a liar, as he worked there every day and had never seen my husband. He repeated several times that my husband was a liar, always in a very rude manner. We were pretty shaken by the way we were treated at a gym we had been going to for so long. It was impossible for us to attend a place where we were treated with such disrespect.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2022

Working out hard. Earbuds in jamming to my workout collection. BIG FAT GUY comes walking over from behind the front desk and says, "You are banging the weights and you have to stop", I was doing standing military press using the Smith Machine/Power Rack for safety and it almost allowed my arms to fully extend upward yet I topped out before my arms could extend fully so I was hitting the top of the rack. Very little noise. Truth was I had transferred my membership and I believe that they were upset about that so they were just looking for a reason. I told fatty maybe he needed to workout. Price is the draw. All this stereotyping that PF does is Hypocritical... I don't bother nobody and metal hitting metal happens when you use STEEL to exercise with! Just Ridiculous. No excessive banging happening. Just NITPICKING by SIMPLETONS. Leave me be and stop judging PF.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2022

We used to be members until my 55 year old wife was informed that she was not allowed to work out in sweatpants, only shorts were acceptable. She was so upset she didnt return for a month. When she went back she was told that her membership dues had not been paid and she was not allowed to use the equipment. I printed out the auto debit charges from 2 weeks prior, and took them to the gym to speak with the manager. He called my wife a liar, and said that she was not prevented from working out because of non payment, or that she had been told she couldn't wear sweatpants.

As I spoke to him another member walked past with her breast exposed so far you could see her nipples, while a man with shorts split up so far that personal parts were exposed was flaunting it on the free weights. Evidently if you're young and good looking that type of dress is ok but a bit of modesty is not. Seems like the "no judgement" policy of PF is a load of lip service to appease the woke crowd. I canceled both of our memberships and found another gym. I offered to meet the manager outside for a brief instruction into having his rear end kicked if he didnt apologize to my wife for calling her a liar. He promptly changed his attitude and apologized profusely. We will never go back to PF as it seems to be poorly managed with non compliance for their own policies. Our experience leads us to conclude it's only for young, sexy singles willing to flash the flesh. Others need not apply!!

Planet Fitness author review by Joey Thurman

Founded in 1994, Planet Fitness is an American gym that expanded into a franchise operation in 2003. Franchisees operate over 1,200 locations across the United States and are currently expanding into Canada and the Dominican Republic. Planet Fitness offers a full array of exercise machines, and many locations offer a selection of fitness classes.

• PF 30-minute Express Circuit: Planet Fitness makes it easy for patrons to complete a full cardio and strength training circuit in half an hour, using ten strength machines and ten cardio machines. A red-light, green-light system alerts those on the circuit when to switch machines.

• $10 membership: Planet Fitness offers a no-commitment $10/month membership option. It includes a T-shirt, unlimited access to one Planet Fitness club and unlimited access to training.

• Black Card membership: Planet Fitness’ Black Card membership is ideal for those who want more than just a basic gym membership. In addition to the benefits of a $10 membership, Black Card members enjoy use of all Planet Fitness franchise locations, unlimited tanning, half price drinks and many more benefits for about $20 a month.

• Free pe@pf service: Planet Fitness offers a program called pe@pf, which offers the benefits of a grown-up physical education course. Certified trainers will educate you on fitness equipment and routines and help you set goals appropriate for your current fitness level.

• Member perks: Every member can participate in Pizza Mondays and Bagel Tuesdays.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Advisor

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Planet Fitness Company Information