1.32/5

Last updated: April 19, 2018

779 Planet Fitness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: April 19, 2018

This place is only as good as the employees are, they pay minimum and they are awful. The paper towels are there sometimes or not. The whole concept of the business is to overfill the members or as they feel suckers. In Natick, MA where I go they have over 12,000 members in a club that would hold maybe 100. They don't keep good equipment. All low end always breaking down and no maintenance. They only have one opening and she's always late. A no show. I'm quitting!

Original review: April 19, 2018

Beware of the shady, at best, practices at the Planet Fitness. I joined the one in Madison Heights, MI. It was going well. They had some employee problems. Rude, hostility to race, the parking lot had a lot of shady stuff going on. SO to my surprise, the date that they withdrew funds from my account changes every month. Making it impossible to budget. I went in and complained. I was told it was a mistake. Still, the bank makes 35 bucks a pop. I am wondering if they are in collusion with PNC Bank? Four months in a row that I can see they have played with the withdraw date. I am done. I will update as this continues. I liked the facility. I like working out there. The shady parking lot, no lighting and criminal element... I can work out in my garage. Also lied about being able to use other Planet Fitness franchises. Very shady.

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 18, 2018

I was drawn in by the promise of low price membership. Once inside the manager started explaining me all the reasons for which my membership could become more expensive... Good thing I asked all the "better" questions before joining this potential headache in the making. Not 4 me! Keep in mind that CHEAP DOES NOT EQUAL QUALITY???

Original review: April 18, 2018

I've noticed upon arriving to the gym at night shift that the gym in Portland, TX is always very clean and nice smelling. I also notice the staff during the night shift works really hard to upkeep the gym. That night shift worker needs a bonus upgrade in salary. He works really hard in maintaining the gym super clean.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I have been a member of PF for a numbers of years. Never had any problem until today. I had brought a friend in expecting her to get a pass but they tried to charge her $10. What the hell? They don’t want new members. Looking for a new gym!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?

Original review: April 16, 2018

I just came back from the facility located in Ewing, NJ, without being able to continue my workout because of the unusually high interior temperature of 75 degrees - displayed on their temperature control - while outside was 55 degrees. Way too high for intense weight workout. At my complaint at the reception I was told that they cannot control the interior climate at all. The manager even reproached me that I am the only one who complained, as if I am wrong. The temperature beyond the manager's control! Months ago I complained repeatedly about the consumed air within the facility, having to go outside for fresh air. I cannot understand why they prefer to heat the air inside instead of introducing fresh air from outside, which is abundant, and for FREE!

Original review: April 16, 2018

After becoming a member, some days later I went in for my first workout. The two gals at the counter were watching tv. One scanned my card, and went back to watching tv. I identified that this was my first visit, and I wanted to get on a stationary bike. The gal told me I had to become a member first. I showed her the card she had just scanned. I again said "this is my first visit, and I want to get on a stationary bike." She waved towards the back and said "help yourself, any one you want".

I spent 10 minutes trying to get the machine to turn on, and when I was trying to "ride" the bike, it kept "pausing" without warning, which would cause me to fall forward on my new knee replacement. Then it would "resume" without warning, and I would need to pedal like heck. Then, the surprise "pause", and my new knee would go flying forward. After a half dozen times of this painful experience, I walked back up to the front desk, just to find the two still watching the tv. So much for giving a new guy any assistance. One did say "have a great day" as I left. We will be using a different center that acts like they give a crap.

Original review: April 14, 2018

They saw there is always someone there. Secure place. At 3:30am, no one working. Few min after 4 I am looking for staff, knocking on doors, asking other members. They say no one there for an hour. I try to activate a hydro bed 3 times, 2x behind the counter myself. Finally, staff walks in front door and says, "You're not supposed to be back here, what do you need." He said he was sitting in his car on his break, then follows me to the hydro bed to harass me. Threatens to cancel my membership.

Bothers me while on the hydro bed for another 5 minutes. I ask him several times to just leave me alone, but he just stands there continuing to argue that he was on break. Finally he leaves after he tell me I am rude as hell. As I leave his wife who is standing at the counter talking with him, stares at me as I leave and drive away. If he wanted to visit with his wife, why can’t he do it while he is behind the counter instead of in his car watching members walk around looking for help?!

Original review: April 11, 2018

One of the rules at Planet Fitness is when you finish using a machine, wipe it clean for the next person. There are several cleaning stations with paper towels and spray to allow the user to clean the sweat off the machine they just used. I noticed a man using several machines and never wiped them clean. I told the staff of what I had seen. They said “oh, you are the second person today that has complained". I asked them if they could tell the man to clean the machine. Their reply was, “no, we can’t tell him anything. We are judgment free zone”. What? I couldn’t believe their reply.

They would rather put their customers thru unsanitary conditions and put their well-being in jeopardy than to tell a client that is obviously breaking the rules they themselves put in place than to hold him accountable for his actions. Two weeks later, I terminated my membership with Planet Fitness. I don’t recommend anyone to join. It is my opinion that Planet Fitness cares more about money and their slogan than clients. We are all entitled to a clean environment without having to worry about diseases.

Original review: April 7, 2018

THEY LIED TO ME TO GET ME TO SIGN UP!! When I signed up, I said explicitly that I would only be in town for about one month. I asked them "I won't be charged any fees right? It will only be $20 as long as I cancel ten days before the 17th?" The employees lied straight to my face. I cancelled today, because I am going back to Germany to study. Everything went fine until I was charged $39.99 an hour later. I came back and talked to the manager. He said, "They didn't tell you about that?" I said NO. Then he said, "Oh well, there's nothing I can do." I do not appreciate being lied to. On top of this, I brought my girlfriend with me once to work out. She would not even come back, because the other members made her feel so uncomfortable with their staring, and hovering.

We couldn't get away from men gawking at her while she worked out. My recommendation is this; there is a new Crunch Gym opening up about half a mile down the road. The prices are the same! You can still bring guests! They have actual barbells and hydromassage tables! I would give them a shot before going to this gym! Do not let Planet Fitness lie to you too!

Original review: April 3, 2018

Instructed by the Planet Fitness members when joining that you have until the 16th of each month to cancel as they draft payments on the 17th. I did just that, with a written letter, hand delivered. There was no mention of "hey, you're already paid up for the month... Etc." They drafted payment AFTER the letter was hand delivered and canceled by said due date. Refused refund. They are unprofessional and inconsiderate. I would NEVER EVER waste my time of this business at any locale again. BTW, this is the Davis Highway Pensacola Florida location. I'm done. CANNOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE. (Name of customer service rep was Keanna.)

Original review: April 3, 2018

I joined this gym July 2017. I was in an accident Nov. 2017 with I sustained a brain injury. I informed the corporate office in writing, and figured that was the end of it. They never responded back at all. Then all the sudden in January 2018 they withdrew payment from my account, missed Feb., then withdrew Mar. 2018. I called them and was told to call my gym location. PF at Golden Gate mgr. said "Oh you are not at this gym, you are at Market St." I have never stepped foot there. I told him the whole scenario and he said "GO TO YOUR GYM WITH A LETTER TO CANCEL." Mgr said I would still be charged til August, or pay termination fee. I then saw the writing on the wall. I notified my bank and blocked Planet Fitness.

Original review: April 1, 2018

Planet Fitness is a complete ripoff. Don't join this Gym at all unless you wanna get ripped off. They have so many ways to rip you off. The main one is you have to come in to cancel your membership. I was an OTR trucker and couldn't cancel it online. That's **. They do that for a reason so they can keep charging your account. My brother signed up in NJ. He moved to PA. They told him he had to drive all the way back just to cancel so he just blocked off his credit card anyway. So of course they sent him emails saying to update his payment. They couldn't charge him anymore??? You can't do it online so they can keep charging your account. They refuse to get an online account so you could cancel online.

I signed up in February. Already paid the $40. They charged me again in May another $40. I only had a couple days in that place because I'm a busy ass trucker. Planet Fitness is a 100% ripoff. They will steal your money the minute you sign up. Either go to a different gym or build your own. They are just ** Devils all about stealing people's money. That's why they have you sign a contract. Why sign a contract for your ** Gym **. I ain't signing a contract. I'll pay as I go. That's how it should be guys. ** their ** ripoff contract.

Original review: March 31, 2018

If I could give them no stars I would. The front desk girl was all bubbly until I said I would like to cancel my membership. Then it was a rude, why? I just want to cancel it please. She insists she needs to know. I am told my yearly $39 fee is coming up in April, I’m canceling in MARCH...so? They are still charging me the 2018-2019 yearly fee. I “have to sign and agree to the fee or she won’t cancel my membership”. But I don’t agree with the fee, so I’m not going to sign a legal document that says I agree with the fee. I’m told I can just talk to her manager on Monday, and by the way she’s going to say the same thing.

(Insert attitude and eye rolls from customer service) I say, "I’m not waiting until April 2 to cancel. I want to cancel now." Again I’m told too bad I can contact the assistant manager tomorrow then...and also she will tell me the same thing, they will get the fee and no one is going to help you just sign and leave. So If I was moving, do you really think I’m going to join another Planet Fitness? Am I going to recommend them to my friends? Nope. After many years in customer service I can honestly say it was like dealing with an obnoxious 14 year old, not a professional. I will be calling the assistant manager, and will update tomorrow.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Planet Fitness promises $10 per month, but charges an extra $39 which they failed to mention when I signed up. They will block you from quitting before the charge comes through. Good luck canceling, they require you to come into the club to fill out paperwork. It's a scam. It's also weird they let women clean the men's locker room when you're there.

Original review: March 20, 2018

I paid $21 per month for 1 year, and I paid $42 in February for an annual fee. My membership supposed to last until March, after that my membership would be $21 month to month, I wanted to downgrade to the $10 a month and they wanted to charge me a $39 for an initiation fee (in March after me paying $42 for an annual BS fee) to be able to keep my membership month to month at that price...

Original review: March 18, 2018

BEWARE Planet Fitness (Westmont NJ) Shady Tactics in my opinion: I fell for their New Year Promo…$10 mo. No commitment marketing. They tell you that on March 1st they are going to hit with you a add’l $39 annual fee. I called prior to this date to cancel. They told me the only way to cancel is to come in person or to send a certified letter. (It’s 2018, I can’t cancel online or do an e-signature or email or fax… Really?) Clearly, a way to deter folks from canceling. I go into the gym a few days later to cancel and get my $39 refunded or pro-rated. The Manager refused, the Regional Manager (Elaina) refused. They refused to provide me with the name of the owner. I then call the corporate office and they refuse. They tell me I would have needed to cancel (5) days ‘prior’ to 3/1 in order to avoid the $39 fee.

“Shady”/unethical business practices as far as I’m concerned. Just because the industry is not heavily regulated and lets them legally get away with this doesn’t mean it’s right! BEWARE. There are a ton of other gyms out there that I’m sure treat their customers better! (When I called Wells Fargo Bank to dispute the charge, the woman in the Criminal Investigations Dept. tells me Planet Fitness did the same thing to her!! I go into a work meeting the next day and share my story with some of our management team and my former manager tells me the same thing happened to her at Planet Fitness.) There were 3 other complaints by other members the same day I called the Westmont NJ Planet Fitness. This is clearly a systemic issue.

Within (2) days I was able to deter (5) friends from joining this gym…$10 x 12=$120 + $39 fee = $150 yr. x 5 = $750 in lost revenue. Clearly, they don’t understand that their decision to refuse my $40 refund and cause such a negative experience equates to a tenfold loss for them. They lack the tenets of customer service. I’ve only just begun to use my voice to share my experience. It’s time to take a stand for what is right! Stay tuned! When I asked the corp. office what the $39 fee pays for he told me it's for bldg. maintenance, cleaning, upkeep - then why should I have to pay this fee that covers a full year if I am not a member, never used the gym after the fee hit. Makes no sense why I (or anyone) should have to pay for something I never utilized. Again... BEWARE!!

PS: Once you get to the gym they then tell you the $10 mo. is only if you sign a year membership. (Which is the opposite of the meaning of ‘no commitment’.) Otherwise, the cost is really $15 mo. Plus the $39 annual fee. PSS: The owner is Bill Fidler of New Hampshire who owns Planet Fitness locations in Blackwood, Brooklawn, and Cinnaminson. Please contact me at ** if you feel you have been victimized. There is a power in numbers.

Original review: March 18, 2018

I'm current member in the Chelsea, MA club, and that's where I workout. But yesterday, the club was close and we decided to go to Lynn, MA to workout because that club is open 24h. My son is 9 years old, but I have the doctor's note authorizing him, workout with me, because he is overweight. So yesterday when I got to that club in Lynn, MA, the staff was very rude, he did not let us work out, and the way he talk to us, made my son so sad and embarrassing. People was looking at us, so frustrated. That gym is big, looks nice, but unfortunately I had this bad experience with the staff. I ask for the manager, and he told me that he was in charge on that moment. If was just me, no problem, but hurts when is with my son...he is only 9! I hope nobody else go thru this, I really do. Thank you.

Original review: March 16, 2018

Planet Fitness is unfit in providing essential integrity to its members when it comes to canceling their membership! I took out my membership for my wife and I in March 2017. By November, we had only used our membership three times, so we decided to cancel our membership. I called the Rockwood, Gresham, Oregon facility, and I asked how to go about cancelling our membership. They replied that there was a $50 penalty for cancellation before the one year contract was fulfilled, and since our fee for November had already been paid, I was encouraged to stay. What I was told made sense, so in January 2018, I called again, and I was told I would have to come in person to cancel.

When I went to the facility, I was told that I would still have to pay for 2 more months or pay the $50 penalty. I went again in Februrary, and they said there was no way I could get out of the contract until after April 15, 2018. Today is March 16, 2018. My wife felt that I should go down and check with them again, since one is not allowed to cancel online or over the phone. I almost didn't go, but if my wife has a feeling about something she is normally right. When I arrived and spoke to the manager, he stated that I should have come in before March 10, 2018 to cancel. Since it was March 16, 2018, Planet Fitness charged us another month's membership fee even though my year was up in February.

When I explained the wrong information I was given time and time again, the manager, who was very nice, just said, "That's the way our corporate office does business". I explained that this kind of business practice is dishonorable and nothing more than a scam! His reply was basically that, "This is how we do business". Let me make this very clear! I will never do business with this unethical company again, and I would suggest that it might be a good idea for you to follow my example.

Original review: March 6, 2018

After I sign 3 month letter I get 39.99 membership charge which was not included during sign in time. Not only that after 5 month I was traveling out for over six weeks so idea to cancel the membership, which I have been tallied 35.00 charge at the beginning of the agreement. So I made a phone call I have been talled. I can't cancel it unless I walk into the exact store I sign in. Which is ridiculous! You can have app to track everything about you but doesn't do a job. I find it a scam and collect information, anyways never use it. I knew right away.

The point they charge me 58.00 and which I have been talk 6 weeks before $53.00. There is no control. They charge whatever they want. I will report them to BBB too. Still didn't get the email for cancelation. The only thing they ask is a signature. You can do that from anywhere but they have to charge falsely. I have been charged illegally lots of money. Never sign for Autopay! No corporate phone or email will provided to you. Location Chamblee Tucker Rd Atl GA.

Original review: March 4, 2018

I had a Planet Fitness membership, I got pregnant and had some pregnancy complications and I was unable to work out. So I wanted to cancel my membership because I knew I would be having surgery after my pregnancy. I gave them the paperwork they asked for and they told me that my account would be canceled and I would get a phone call. I never got a call. 4 months pass and they start to debit my account again. Turns out instead of canceling my account, they frozen it, but did not inform me of that. THEY LIED and told me it was canceled. I called my home store and again, the person I spoke to told me my account was canceled and the charge was a mistake and it would fall off after a few days. It never did and they continued to debit my account.

I placed a block on my account so they would not be able to take my money but they went around the block and used my debit card. I fought the charges. I got a new card and they charged my new card without me having given it to them and I found out they have an auto biller, so even if I get a new card, they will still be on fraudulent foolishness and get my new info. They know you can't block debit cards and that's how they continue to steal money from you. Months go by, and 2 days ago, Planet Fitness charged my debit card, out of the blue, for $167.18 for 2 years renewal and 7 months of club fees. I called my bank, they called my home store and they LIED and said that they told me my account was on hold and that they needed documentation from me about my pregnancy to cancel my account. **!

I got into an argument with them about how they lied to me and stole money from me and I want the number corporate, the club assistant manager, named Adonis, told me "we don't have corporate's number.". So, I asked for the manager's number (like his extension) "we don't give out that information". So, after 12 years of being with my banking institution, I'm closing my account and getting another one because I do not trust that Planet Fitness will not debit my account after this. I called corporate but I haven't received any response from them. I plan to go there Monday and get this squared away because I do not want them continuously stealing my money without a thought. They are absolutely thieves!!

Original review: March 4, 2018

I signed up for Planet Fitness in June or July 2017 because they had a special going on, $10 down and $10 a month. I happen to move before this business opened in Aug, 2017. In late Aug. I went to the store to pay my bill and to close my account. I was told that my bill was $89. I did not understand, so the front desk attendant explain the bill. I told them that I did not have $89 at that time but I would give her $40 and to please close the account because I did not live in the area anymore. I would not be coming here. I would pay the rest when they gave me a remaining balance. I was told that they could not close my account until the full balance was paid. She would not take my $40 because it was not all of the bill $89. I called the corp. office, they told me that I had to speak to the person in charge of that particular store.

I then called back to the store for the manager in the Seat Pleasant store. She called me back after numerous calls. I was told the same thing. None of this made since to me. My bank account was hit over and over again, the money was not there. They hit my account every other day for a month. I finally had to stop payment with the bank after I explained the problem to the bank of why I had so many overdraft charges on my account. The stop payment charge was $30. The bank removed some of the charges after I explained the problem. I still paid 5 bank fees of $35 each.

My account still is not paid as long as they continue to add to my account. I never used the service and as far as I know the account has never been closed. Whatever happen to no contract or no commitment. I think they should pay me back all of these fees. Their rules did not make any sense. I have never gotten a bill from them. Planet Fitness 6302 Central Ave Seat Pleasant MD 20743 thank you.

Original review: March 3, 2018

They go into your bank account monthly to get their fee. I was told 10 dollars a month but was charged 19.99. Then it went up to 21.50. I tried to cancel but keep getting the runaround. After they took my money for a year and I only went to their club once. They started another year. They say it's recurring. They just wanna keep getting over on poor people.

Original review: March 3, 2018

Beware, I canceled my membership and Planet Fitness continues to draft funds from my bank account. This is a very dishonest company. My advice is to pay with a credit card, that way any extra charges can be disputed. If they don't allow credit card, go elsewhere.

Original review: March 2, 2018

I bought my daughter a membership after talking to several club. They have a special but no mention of a yearly fee. I was charged a yearly fee for cleaning. I only found out after contacting ABC Financial and they explained it. This company is a bait and switch and I'm cancelling my daughter's membership. There is no mention of a yearly cleaning charge and the website and fliers do not mention it either. They were also adamant about getting my account information so they could direct bill. I'm very happy that I put it on my AE. I'm going to dispute this charge and cancel the membership. When I contacted the PF website for a complaint. They sent a message back to me that each one is owned and operated individually and they couldn't do anything to help and I need to contact the business I joined at. This company sucks. It is a bait and switch and have no customer service. DO NOT JOIN THIS COMPANY.

Original review: March 2, 2018

Planet Fitness - Murfreesboro, TN - I tried cancelling my membership early in 2017 and was told I needed to come in, I work full time and go to school full time, so I never had the time to actually come by the gym, I knew my membership would be up soon and I fulfilled my contract obligation and then charged for annual membership fee, I asked for a refund and they told me it non-refundable and that I needed to let them know by the 25th of the prior month that I wanted to cancel. I wasn't aware they were going to continue charging an annual fee and they will not refund anything, I'm a budget and refuse to help. They said a lot of people are asking for refunds and they are refusing.

Original review: March 1, 2018

Back on July I forgot about my payment that was due which was automatically taken out of my account. I logged into my account online at Planet Fitness and it said it was CANCELED. I went down to the Planet Fitness and talked with the lady at the front desk. She said my account was CANCELED and if I wanted to re-start my membership that I would have to pay a certain amount. I declined and decided to not re-start my membership. So I left. Since then Planet Fitness has been charging my card 10 bucks a month. I didn't keep a good enough eye on my account and didn't notice. Now they say I owe them 200 before I can cancel or they will keep charging my card until I pay. I've contacted them several times and their customer service is horrible. I just want them to stop charging my card and to refund the last 10 dollars they took out of my account today!!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2018

I joined Planet Fitness closest to where I live and work, as I live close to where I work. When I joined it was a $1 to join and then the monthly fee on the 17th, and of course I chose to be a black card member. I started going. I have gone two or three times in the first week and then stopped going. I had a guest with me each time. Me and my guest never felt exactly comfortable, but we are not sure if it is the gym itself or us missing our old gym that we used to go to.

Anyways, the after we had already gone out two or three times, I got billed the first month on the 17th. That was great, except they billed me twice, and overdrew my account. So I had to go in twice to take care of that, not to mention the trip to the bank with the letter from the manager to reverse the overdraft fees. This was several days of headaches and worry. Plus the waiting for the refund that took about two weeks to get back.

Then they took out the yearly fee, or at least it better have been a yearly fee, two months after I joined. But they drafted my account at midnight, or just after and my payday wasn't until 4 AM, so there was another overdraft. I didn't even dispute that one, because I did sign the year contract and I thought it would come out at the beginning of business. That is my fault. They have never charged me exactly on the 17th. I watch my bank account daily, so I do know that. I don't care what anyone else says. That makes it hard to plan. However, I continued to pay the monthly fee for a couple of months.

Then we decided that we will stop paying for the Planet Fitness and return to our old gym. We were happier there anyways, and as I had only used it a few times and had no plans to return, we decided to cancel. I canceled the policy, and yes I went into the location and paid the buyout. They charged me for a whole other month, on the 20th. Now yes I canceled on the 16th. But there was NO mention of having to cancel before the 10th, until I went into the gym, mad as all get out. I mean come on. And they can say they can put in a request for a refund but she can pretty much guarantee the request will be denied. So I paid for a month I have no intention of using, and have already canceled my membership. I MEAN COME ON!!!

I read the reviews right before I joined. And honestly I don't need anyone to make me feel guilty I got taken in by them. I already feel guilty enough. I have given up on getting the one month's fees back, I am more focused on stopping any further charges. The thing that sucks though, is that now I am nervous about going back to any gym, even our previous one that we liked. I am so worried about giving out my information again.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

When I signed up for the new location in Iowa City, IA, I was so excited. There was a gym about 3 miles from my house that was a "judgement free zone". Things went great for the first year, and I genuinely liked the gym. But after that first year, I decided not to renew my membership. I read my contract up and down (I was locked into a year-long contract) to make sure there was no auto-renewal agreement. There wasn't! So I just stopped going. Now they're saying I owe them for that full extra year (even though I gave them my keycard back, so how am I going to the gym?).

They refuse to cancel the service until I pay them for a year of a membership that I don't want and I didn't use. Frankly, I'm not paying $270 for a year of an unused membership. I don't even live in Iowa City anymore, and haven't since 2016, the year they're charging me for. But they still refuse to cancel until I've paid? This definitely makes me never want to join another Planet Fitness.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2018

I paid 300$ for a whole year in advance. Fine, whatever. Then, when the year ran out (a month early) they started charging my account which they assured me was only a technicality to have my account information. When I called to cancel the same day it was drafted out, they refused to refund me the money. Despite the fact that I did it at 9 am the morning it was drafted. This is not a courteous company.

Planet Fitness expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1994, Planet Fitness is an American gym that expanded into a franchise operation in 2003. Franchisees operate over 1,200 locations across the United States and are currently expanding into Canada and the Dominican Republic. Planet Fitness offers a full array of exercise machines, and many locations offer a selection of fitness classes.

• PF 30-minute Express Circuit: Planet Fitness makes it easy for patrons to complete a full cardio and strength training circuit in half an hour, using ten strength machines and ten cardio machines. A red-light, green-light system alerts those on the circuit when to switch machines.

• $10 membership: Planet Fitness offers a no-commitment $10/month membership option. It includes a T-shirt, unlimited access to one Planet Fitness club and unlimited access to training.

• Black Card membership: Planet Fitness’ Black Card membership is ideal for those who want more than just a basic gym membership. In addition to the benefits of a $10 membership, Black Card members enjoy use of all Planet Fitness franchise locations, unlimited tanning, half price drinks and many more benefits for about $20 a month.

• Free pe@pf service: Planet Fitness offers a program called pe@pf, which offers the benefits of a grown-up physical education course. Certified trainers will educate you on fitness equipment and routines and help you set goals appropriate for your current fitness level.

• Member perks: Every member can participate in Pizza Mondays and Bagel Tuesdays.

• Best for: fitness beginners and those who need a supportive gym environment.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs