Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.64/5

Planet Fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?

Original review: April 19, 2020

This gym is very economical and includes a lot of equipment for various type of workouts. Lots of tvs and music help with good distractions. TVs are limited to 8 channels that cannot be changed, meaning you may miss your hometown football team on a given week. They are very well run and they are kept very clean, especially given the high traffic in peak hours. They also carry some products such as earbuds if you forget yours or damage them, as well as drinks, locks, clothing etc. Best part is, if you have a black card, you can bring a friend for free or get a massage.

Original review: April 18, 2020

The many times that I visited this gym I found it to have the machines that I needed to use. The treadmills were plenty. As were the stationary bicycles. As far as the weight machines go, they had a variety of them aimed at working out different parts of the body. For the most part the machines were clean as they advise that after using the equipment, you wipe them down with the sanitizing spray and paper towels that they provide and have set up throughout the facility. I’ve visited two (2) of their gyms frequently and found this to be consistent in both places. They provide assistance as well if you need it. They provide different exercising programs as well. Lockers and showers are available to use as well. I feel that this gym is worth the money.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2020

I've been a member of most gyms during my lifetime, but by far Planet Fitness has been the best (for me). The equipment is good, staff is friendly, prices are great (especially if they have a sale going on) and every planet fitness I've been in has been extremely clean - something some of the "big names" in the past I've belonged to wouldn't be able to say. I currently live in an area that doesn't have any gyms within 25 miles from me so I've picked up my own home gym - really isn't the same though.

Original review: April 7, 2020

I really enjoyed the Planet Fitness better than any of the other gyms. I like how it's set up with different rooms off to the sides. I like that is very clean. The staff is there to help you at any time, very friendly. The equipment is spotless, clean and I really like the chairs that you lay in that give you the massages with the water. That was the main reason that I joined. I suffer and chronic pain and I knew what the exercise and the massage of that chair I'd be a good shape. The only thing I didn't like was that there's not very many of them. I had to drive almost a half hour to get there. And it just was not conducive for a quick workout.

Original review: April 6, 2020

Love this place. My wife joined and brings me there as well. It’s always very clean. Which is important this day and age. Everyone wipes down the equipment after use. They have trainers that will help you learn each piece of equipment and how to use it to get what you are trying to do for your body results. They're always open for when I can get there on my schedule. You can’t ask for anything better. By the way it’s time for me to get there and work out. Thank you planet fitness. See you soon. I’m on my way now. Temple Texas

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

This is a prime example of why I don’t like to give companies my debit card number. I gave them an account card I seldom use. Recently I withdrew some money from that account and found that they charged me even though I haven’t been in over a year and thought they had honored my request to cancel. Never again!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I was confronted by ** the assistant manager at the Planet Fitness in Farmers branch TX club # ** about having to put on the face mask in a very rude and degrading way. I had just started my cardio and my mask kept slipping off and she approached me and said "You need to put your face mask on". I understand it is their policy but it's just the way she said it that made me feel degraded. Well news flash **! I am a paying customer! After this incident I decided I wanted to cancel my membership, so I did. The front desk guy that goes by ** was very understanding and even tried to offer some alternatives for face masks but ** had managed to ruffle my feathers enough to make me decide that planet fitness did not deserve a such a great paying customer such as yours truly. I mean you never know who you are talking to, I am not your average Joe.

Anywho, after ** handed me a copy of my canceled membership I went to double check on ** name and she asked me "Why, what is your problem"? And I told her because I wanted to know who I was about to file a complaint on. She then said "If you have a problem you can cancel your membership and there is the door." I responded with "I'm way ahead of you, I just did" and I told her that she needed to work on her customer service skills. She then responded saying "in what way"? And I told her to be more professional and courteous. And she said "if you don't like it there's the door" which then made my emotions run wild and I stormed out of planet fitness.

It's sad because I really enjoyed this place, and if it wasn't for her rudeness and unprofessionalism I would have stayed. I am very big on customer service! Treat others the way you would like to be treated. If I was an undercover boss I would have fired her on the spot. My suggestion for planet fitness is to terminate ** from this assistant management position, because believe it or not, it is employees like this that make places like this lose money and valuable customers. Customer service does matter!

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

PF Fraudulently saved a credit card information when purchasing a beverage years ago, and saved in their database without my consent nor knowledge. As you know, PF only accepts routing number/account number for membership fees on Autopay. Cancelled membership July 30, 2020. Returned August 16 to verify this was done. Requested deletion of all personal and financial information from PF database. Assured this was done by Alan. Initially froze, but immediately returned to desk to do a FULL cancel/delete all data. Membership was fraudulently renewed without my knowledge and used a credit card they saved in their database without my consent nor knowledge.

After cancelling July 30, 2020 PF renewed my membership using the original agreement and altering the information saying it was a requested renewal. This is fraud. This was in November 11, 2020, and charged as if a NEW member the $39.99 fee plus monthly fee, total of $52.22. Then, again charged my CREDIT CARD, for the next 3 months before I noticed the fraudulent use of my credit card I had no idea PF had stolen the information and saved it permanently in their database. They do NOT accept CREDIT CARDs as payment for fees, and PF retrieved an old beverage purchase to do this.

Contacted CC company and uploaded all documentation and all fees charged were reversed to my account; and, was told that they have been having difficulty nationwide with such PF activity. My advice is, DO NOT allow them to have your routing number nor use a credit card to purchase anything at PF, as they will save all this information in their database; and, anyone working there can fraudulently use the information as they please.

Stephen

Original review: Jan. 26, 2021

The staff is unprofessional and the manager, Mr. John ** is rude and nasty. I cancelled my membership in May 2020, but he continued to take money from my account without my knowledge. When I found out about it, I called Mr. ** several times and left at least a dozen messages, but he never returned my calls. Corporate is absolutely no help when I called to complain and kept sending me back to the same manager who would not answer the phone calls. They are thieves and crooks. This is the worst place ever!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

DALTON **, in my opinion is the worst manager you could have. He keep me on hold for 20mins or more and was very rude when he did answer the phone. I will never recommend Planet Fitness to anyone with management this poor.

Planet Fitness author review by Joey Thurman

Founded in 1994, Planet Fitness is an American gym that expanded into a franchise operation in 2003. Franchisees operate over 1,200 locations across the United States and are currently expanding into Canada and the Dominican Republic. Planet Fitness offers a full array of exercise machines, and many locations offer a selection of fitness classes.

• PF 30-minute Express Circuit: Planet Fitness makes it easy for patrons to complete a full cardio and strength training circuit in half an hour, using ten strength machines and ten cardio machines. A red-light, green-light system alerts those on the circuit when to switch machines.

• $10 membership: Planet Fitness offers a no-commitment $10/month membership option. It includes a T-shirt, unlimited access to one Planet Fitness club and unlimited access to training.

• Black Card membership: Planet Fitness’ Black Card membership is ideal for those who want more than just a basic gym membership. In addition to the benefits of a $10 membership, Black Card members enjoy use of all Planet Fitness franchise locations, unlimited tanning, half price drinks and many more benefits for about $20 a month.

• Free pe@pf service: Planet Fitness offers a program called pe@pf, which offers the benefits of a grown-up physical education course. Certified trainers will educate you on fitness equipment and routines and help you set goals appropriate for your current fitness level.

• Member perks: Every member can participate in Pizza Mondays and Bagel Tuesdays.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Planet Fitness Company Information