1.47/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Planet Fitness

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

704 Planet Fitness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Be prepared if you're a "fit" individual that you WILL be judged. Both fit shaming and fat shaming are two very serious things and neither should ever be tolerated. It's uncalled for, especially at a gym that screams "judgment free" when that is not the case. Body shaming, chastising, and stereotyping makes people feel uncomfortable and objectified. How is my body type indicative of the quality of my soul or what type of person I am?

After 8 months without issues, we were asked to leave over a shirt that was certainly within dress code. The real issue didn't even lie within clothing, it was clear judgment of physique. Meanwhile it's ok for skinny women to walk around in sports bras, yet not ok for men to wear sleeveless shirts? Does that sound like "judgment free" to you? Sounds both sexist and hypocritical. The one "problematic" shirt in particular has been worn over a hundred times to the same gym by my husband, yet suddenly became an issue with the assistant manager. Please, by all means, check the cameras, we're in there and he's in THAT shirt many times. He even asked the head manager when we initially joined if the shirt was ok and she approved, hence why he wore it all the time. Never once had an issue until she came along and it seemed more like a personal vendetta rather than rule enforcement.

If you're going to have rules, they're for EVERYONE, not some. I felt targeted, harassed, and embarrassed over this matter. It's evident it wasn't the shirt. This seemed more like a personal issue. This gym has double standards and clearly has a stigma against certain body types. I cancelled my membership immediately because I could foresee this being an ongoing issue because of sheer envy, not policy.

It's important to know that Planet Fitness has decided to handle the matter by blocking me from their page. I feel very disappointed how the issue was handled after being a member for a while without any issue, but people need to know that there are double standards and there is clear judgment against targeted individuals. As for the targeting? When people make comments about "fit shaming" or any type of body shaming, they need to know that someone is on the receiving end of your comments. You may choose to think what you want about them, but the reality is you know nothing about what it’s like to walk in their shoes. In 2017, why are we judging people based on appearance?

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Recently charged for an annual fee the first two months of signing up without no warning when they were going to bill me. Wow! When I phone called to inquire some girl said, "It’s was in the contract you signed." I said, "Yeah, but you never alerted me as to when you're going to take it out of my bank account." I hate this place with a passion. Old equipment and to all of building space with mirrors along with the ugly colors purple & yellow???

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

I was a member of Planet Fitness in Coral Springs FL on Sample and 441. I cancelled my membership or was told it was cancelled. I come to find out that they been charging my account for 10 months after. I'm not the one to look at bank statements every month, so the $10.89 was unrecognized. I finally noticed when they hit my account for a $40 dollar annual fee. I was then told that your yearly membership renews automatically after it expires, huh???

I had not been at the gym for 10 months, so to try to work things out, I asked for a 10 month membership not for free, but I had already paid into and they can see on their computer I have not been there for 10 months. That was denied so I cancelled at the gym, and now I have a company called ABC Financial emailing me saying I owe $51.00 past due amount because I disputed the $41.00 annual fee. Now I am forced to go to my bank and change my account number. I will never give my account number to any gym membership again. So beware of this activity. When you sign up for 1 year it won't cancel unless you go into the location and sign, and then beware they may hit your account for more money.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2017

I cancelled my membership in July at the location I signed up at and now they are calling me saying that I didn't and that I owe them for months. They lie and don't cancel your membership so they can keep billing you. Their corporate will not deal with you, they say you have to contact the branch that you signed up at. That branch tells you to call billing. They just keep sending you back and forth. This company is scamming people.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

When trying to freeze my account I was told I had to have a DR's Note in order to do so. I am disabled and had been working out there but needed to freeze for a personal medical reason. I was told on the phone that my husband could come in with a note signed by me that he could freeze it. When he gets there they then change their mind and state they need a Dr Note to freeze it. Are you serious. I feel that as a disabled person my HIPAA rights were violated and the disability act.

I asked for the manager and was told she was on vacation. I asked if she needed a Dr note to come back to work and was told yes she needed a Dr note to come back after a vacation. Are you kidding me. I have been lied to and lied to. I told them before I even signed my contract I may need to freeze my account for a personal medical reasons and was told, "No problem. Just tell us." I was not told of needing a Dr note or anything else. This is wrong to be lied to and even giving a reason for freezing it. It's none of their business. They didn't need a Dr note before I use a cane and walker. No Dr note needed. They just want the money. I had to give a star in order to submit this. Otherwise it would have no stars.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Very judgmental, rude staff, and particularly management. Have a container of water that is too big, because you get very thirsty during workouts? Not allowed here. Accidentally drop some weights or grunt from an extra effort? Not allowed here. Overcrowding has forced you to use stations in the "traffic light room"? Not allowed, management will come to kick you out, even if you are the only one in the room. I've been going to gyms for 30 years without anything like the nightmare experience that I had at the Lake Mary location in the Orlando Florida area. I will never step foot in another PF gym. When it comes to gyms, keep in mind that you get what you pay for, and this is a cheap, prison-like atmosphere, being run by management with absolutely no customer service skills.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I am very dissatisfied with Planet Fitness! I realize that there is an annual fee charge and I don't dispute this. What I DO object to is the fact that this company who is nationwide, not some little mom & pop shop can't afford to mail out a reminder that my annual fee is due soon, or for that matter in this day and age, send an e-mail to people pertaining to this matter! I recently have had a setback and am on a strict budget and now I bounced my account because I forgot that this fee was due at this time! And then to have the girl-manager (I think she was a manager) tell me "well you signed the contract and that tells you that you will be charged annually!" That is when I lost my cool! I looked at her and said, "Do you remember something a year from now without a reminder?" I truly feel that this company should be held responsible for their negligence!!! As of today I have canceled my membership.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I joined Planet Fitness in the spring of 2015. Over the last two years, I've never used the membership but kept it just in case. I was charged the annual fee last week and decided that since I don't use the membership, I would cancel it. The problem is that when I called Planet Fitness to get my membership ID, the receptionist, **, was somewhat callous and most certainly unfriendly. ** even went so far as to someone else, without excusing herself, while I was speaking.

** put me on hold then gave the call to her manager **, who tried to pretend as if he didn't know what the call was about. (This is **, how can I help you?) I told ** he should know what the call was concerning, and this immediately refreshed his memory. ** had the same, matter-of-fact, blase attitude that ** had. Here I had just spent $300.00 on a membership that I didn't use, and the staff couldn't show a little professional courtesy when I'm trying to cancel my membership? I wonder how the Planet Fitness experience would have been with that kind attitude managing the place? If there was an online cancellation, like many other businesses, I wouldn't have had to be bothered with ** or **'s attitudes. Planet Fitness 3614 Indianola Ave Columbus, Ohio 43214.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

I have had a black card membership (the highest you can get) for over a year now. At first I liked it a lot. The free tanning was really nice, as well as being able to bring guests whenever I wanted. Recently however, policies have changed. I am canceling my membership as soon as humanly possible. To start, their tanning is far more strict than any tanning company I have ever used. I hardly ever tan, mainly before any sort of formal I have with my sorority or something of the sort. But when I want to, it's always a huge hassle. You have to sign up to tan on a computer that already has predetermined times to pick from. So even if you got there at 12:30 and wanted to tan, if the time slot was for 12:46 you would have to wait until then to tan even if no one was in the booth.

Not only this, but I only use the level 4 beds because they are stand-up booths. The rest of their booths that are the kind you lay down in are disgusting and the staff does a horrible job of cleaning them. One of my friends actually acquired ringworm from one of their beds. The other large issue I have is the guest issue. I pay extra to be able to bring a guest, however I am limited on who I can even bring.

I have a 16-year-old step brother who I would love to take to the gym with me, but I cannot take him because he needs to be 18 to be a guest. Either that or he needs to accompany his parent, and have his birth certificate on hand to be reviewed. BIRTH CERTIFICATE?! Yet I was told that at 16 he can get his own membership and go himself. But he can't be a guest. It is complete **. And now I am going to be even more frustrated when I try and cancel my membership and have trouble with that, as does everyone else that tries to cancel. I would not recommend ANYONE to Planet Fitness. The hassle and rules are NOT worth a ** gym.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

As a gym goer myself, I just recently switched to Planet Fitness. I have been to multiple gyms, and I know many people who own companies, and I can tell you - A lot of these reviewers are silly/wrong. Look, here's the deal: NO company wants to let you out of a contract that they are not legally obligated to let you out of, and customers OFTEN seem to get VERY UPPITY AND ANGRY when that happens. However, that does not mean the business did anything illegal, unethical or wrong.

Also, Sandy is ridiculous. She said "I am going to file a class action lawsuit" because someone called her stupid? First of all, that's freedom of speech, even if it pissed her off. She can quit the gym or post a bad review. She can't "file a class action lawsuit". (Well, I suppose technically she can, but no lawyer would take the case on commission only, and her case would get laughed out of court immediately.) Secondly, Sandy SHOULD have read the contract. THE PERSON WAS RIGHT. Yes the employee was rude, but honestly, AS A CUSTOMER, IF I WAS STANDING THERE, I WOULD HAVE BEEN CHEERING FOR THE EMPLOYEE. Stupid people who cannot take responsibility for their own actions and the contracts they voluntarily signed, annoy the crap out of me.

If you sign up for a gym and legally agree to 12 months, then pay the 12 months, you cheapos. IN MY OPINION... This gym is overall pretty good - very good value for the money. My only complaints are that they don't allow people to work out really hard, which sometimes does include dropping weights or loud breathing. I think that's a stupid rule. However, I have found that the actual employees never "enforce" that rule, (Therefore, I am assuming that as long as nobody is PURPOSELY being rude and obnoxious, that they won't mind a guy or girl just working out hard). So it isn't THAT big of a deal, but still annoying.

Another small complaint is they need more equipment - most of these gyms miss an isolated calf raise, a free weight squat rack, and a bench for bench press. Like look, I get the gym doesn't want to be intimidating or bullying, AND I SUPPORT THAT - but nobody is going to feel "bullied" by someone simply doing a free weight bench press, alright, people? Especially if they do it respectfully.

I will admit, as a former athlete who recovered from a couple surgeries and is just now getting back into the game, I LIKE the fact that I don't feel judged here and I can recover from my injuries (hip injury) at my pace without re-injuring myself. I DISLIKE that when I am doing something that ISN'T INJURED (such as doing upper body workouts) that I feel there isn't always the best equipment, and that I am slightly worried about "making too much noise or being disruptive" which is really kind of a dumb thing for a gym to outlaw, as long as it's not done with bad intentions. Lastly: the good thing is this gym has MASSAGE CHAIRS and HYDRO (WATER) MASSAGE CHAIRS, and A TANNING BED, all for the $20 a month, which is excellent.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

I am very unhappy with this company. I signed up online. Was supposed to join for $1. But end up charging me $19.99. I have had an unexpected hardship and have tried to cancel many times. I have never been to Planet Fitness to workout. And they have charged me for 10 months straight the fees and when my account was low they charged me insufficient fund fees plus the fees again. I have spoken to several people at the Fayetteville location and they gave me an email that was not valid for complaints. So I have been paying fees for all this time and I'm unable to get this taken care of. I was told I had to pay another fee to cancel. Why should I have to pay a fee when I have been paying fees all these months and have never stepped foot in Planet Fitness to workout. And the young people that they have working the front desk that are managers are unable to assist me. And I can't give it any stars.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I joined PF in June while doing a short term assignment for work. I needed to get out of my hotel and I loved that it was a small monthly fee with no commitment. When I returned home, I figured I would transfer my membership because it was not expensive and I was under the impression I could. But when I tried, I was told I had to wait 90 day and I could only visit this new site 5 times in the month. A couple weeks later I was charged an additional $20 fee on top of my monthly fee. I called and they told me it was a 1 time sign on fee. A month later I decided to cancel so I called and got the specifics around how to cancel. I did exactly what I was told, sending the certified letter on Sept 6.

On Sept 16 I was charged my monthly fee. I called for 3 days and no answer. Emailed customer service and got an auto response telling me to call the site. Today someone finally answered and told me they would have to look through their pile of cancellations. He came back to the phone and told me he found it and would talk to his manager about canceling. He called me back 5 minutes later to inform me I had a $58 cancellation fee so I would need to resend my letter with the $58 before they could cancel. I'm ok with an commitment but I feel like there were several missed opportunities to communicate what my commitment was. It all feels very shady and I really thought I found a gym I could trust. I'm beginning to think there is no such thing.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

In a time where you can receive Amazon delivery in 30 min, use an app to order/pay for and receive food you cannot cancel a planet fitness membership over the phone. There is no legitimate reason for this. Moved to another state. Realized I'm still being billed. Was told I had to come in person, or send a ** certified letter... Are you ** kidding me. I have to WRITE a letter. It's 2017 guys come the ** on. I may have considered rejoining PF at some point in the future. But if you are going to make me dance and jump through hoops also well how about NAH. So mad right now. Such a simple thing to confirm 3 pieces of information from a customer and fulfill a request. I wish your company and employees the worst. The absolute worst.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

Can join in minutes online. Have to give minimum one week notice "IN PERSON" and personally sign to cancel. Hidden fees and charges are non refundable. Will never ever consider this gym ever again. EVER!!!

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

A friend invited me to Planet Fitness in Burlington Ontario. They let me have a full 10 minutes on the massage lounge bed!! I did not know I needed a massage on the water jet lounge... but most of the time I go just for it. It has saved me from needing to go to a massage therapist. It is THE BEST!!!

Original review: Sept. 12, 2017

I just received an email from Planet Fitness. They want me back. Here is why I quit and my response to their email. Have you changed your disgusting locker room policy yet? I am no longer a member because of your piggish locker room policy. Men do not belong in the women's locker rooms and women do not belong in the men's locker rooms... no matter how gender dysphorically confused they are.

I do not want to see a naked man other than my husband. I do not want to have a man see me naked other than my husband. You're accommodating a (ENABLING) a small percentage of folks (with a mental issue) at the expense of the majority. You are not considering the values of the greater part of the population. You are also opening the door for those who are sexually perverted, the opportunity to LEGALLY enter your locker rooms and do the disgusting things they do. Just like Target, you are a perverted company that enables this behavior. Enabling isn't helping. I tell everyone about your nasty policy because you don't. You need to be upfront about your locker room policy. I wouldn't have signed up to begin with had I known and I bet you would lose a lot of members if they knew. Good riddance to you.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Horrible experience and management at the Delran, NJ location. Multiple staff members misinformed me over the phone and in person. I had been a long time member and was out of my one year contract and was a member of two other locations before their location opened. I tried to cancel. They told me if I resumed my membership within 30 days that it would resume my membership with no penalty or obligation. I asked multiple times if I would be locked into a new year contract and they said no. I came back to cancel less than a month later. I should have stuck with my original decision.

They did start a new year contract and charged me a huge fee to cancel. I spoke to the manager, Alyssa **, who was extremely rude. She said she didn't care how many employees told me. It's in the fine print in an email. I called Planet Fitness HQ which said they've never heard of resuming a membership within 30 days. So basically it's something they were telling me to join again. Also HQ said the manager has the discretion to waive or refund fees so she's just choosing not to.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

I have belonged to Planet Fitness in Newport KY and Middletown Ohio for almost 6 years... Mike is the owner of both establishments. I have complained to management and the owner himself about the music being extremely loud and a chemical they used for cleaning the floors during business hours. First I enjoy music in fact loud music at that but when you and all the other customers are trying to listen to your own music and having to turn up the volume to the highest setting and potentially causing damage to your ears then it becomes a health hazard. Second a gym is about health and not having to worry about inhaling toxic chemicals when working out. They would wash the floors at the peak hour and the strong odor permeated the air and I didn't want to inhale that while working out due to the fact that I got toxic poisoning before and am very susceptible to getting ill.

I have brought all of this to the owner's attention and the manager as well as their district manager all who have been not very accommodating except for Dalton the gym manager. It got so bad after the way in which I was spoken to so rudely by the district manager that I went on Middletown Planet Fitness's website to make a complaint. Today I was working out again the music extremely loud and asked Dalton the gym manager if he could turn it down in which he was accommodating. However I noticed the owner Mike show up and noticed the music was loud again. When I approached him about the music... He said "No it's at a reasonable volume" and that he has heard about my complaints and that he doesn't care... I let him know I am a paying customer and he said "I don't care. I do not need you as a customer."

I got so upset and could not believe a owner talking to me like he was first that an owner would talk to me with such disrespect. I have been in customer service for over 30 years and could not fathom a owner talking to me a woman like he did. I would never speak to anyone like that. A customer is what makes your business. I was so upset that I guess I started to point my finger and he said "Stop pointing your finger at me or I will have you removed from the premises and cancel your membership." I said "You can't do that." He said "Yes I can. It's cancelled" and that I cannot work out at any of his clubs and said if I do not leave he will have me arrested. He kept going on and on being a real ass and I said how could he represent Planet Fitness organization because it's a franchise.

I told him that I tried contacting the headquarters and couldn't get through and he sat there and mocked me and called me a liar and was telling me "I find that hard to believe. You couldn't contact someone" and telling me he has never had to cancel a membership before except for one other person. It was retaliation for me posting a complaint on the website and he didn't like that I did that. Any company that tolerates this sort of treatment from a owner who represents a company as big as Planet Fitness should not be in customer service. He was belittling and condescending throwing his power around in front of the other customers in which this took place.

This company is a complete joke. There is no one you can talk to. I tried call their corporate office and you can't talk to anyone. How can a company treat people like this and get away with it. I want others to know the way in which I was treated and I am not the only one. If you go to Planet Fitness complaints there are hundreds stating how poor the customer service is and how badly the customers are treated.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2017

I saw the ad on TV for 10$ down $10 a month No Commitment. I walked in for the very 1st time 1 hour before the advertisement was to expire. I was told that the systems do not work for 2 hours a night and I would have to wait until after midnight to do it...? I said I can’t because after midnight the deal would expire. I was then told that I could go home and apply online, which I did. NO PLACE did it say that if I wanted to cancel my membership, it had to be at least 7 days before the annual $39 fee were to come out. I felt VERY uncomfortable. My VERY 1st time going in with NO advertised "tour" or ANYTHING, and knew that I wasn’t going to return. I went the day before the annual fee was to come out & canceled in person... however the fee came out the next day anyway and after calling and telling them what happened, I was told “Sorry there is nothing we can do.” AVOID THE SCAM PLACE AT ALL COSTS!!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2017

I did membership with them online which was $15 per month. Right away they charged me $15.68 on my account and after that they didn't send any confirmation, no mail, no email nothing. I tried calling them on 6037500001, they didn't answer, neither they called back as I left message with them. I kept requesting them cancel my membership and refund my money back but no they wouldn't reply. Shame on you! That’s how you handle business. You should be banned from US.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I got a membership in 08/27/2015 which was for 1 year. It says no auto renewal but they have been taking money out my account after the contract ended. I had noticed because I have been fighting breast cancer, I just noticed looking through my bank statements they are robbing me and I can't physically go and they very rude when you call. I am now trying to get my bank to block them. Planet Fitness is robbing me.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Fountain Valley California. I kept getting charged after canceling my membership, I went to the club and spoke to the club manager 3 times and she said she couldn't do anything. Called the area manager and she said they will return my money in 5 days, it's been 2 months and I haven't get anything, they are not responding my emails or phone calls.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

First I want to start by saying I have a problem at the front desk 60% of the time I go to workout. It is very hard to terminate your membership. Depending on who you get at the front desk the rules change every time. I was denied a membership cancellation form then I showed her that online it says that I can receive one at the location. She told me it was nothing she can do and rudely walked away. The employees are not up to date with rules and they put NO EFFORT trying to fix the problem.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I signed up for the 1-year membership with the Black Card back 5/2016 and this year I assumed that in May my membership had expired. But, today I found out through a bank account that since May I was still being charged the membership fee. No one ever told me at Planet Fitness when I became a Member you have to cancel your membership in writing after the 1 year. But all I get out of several representatives with Planet Fitness, "It is in your contract". Well, the day I signed up the salesperson did it on a tablet sitting in Planet Fitness. I never received a paper contract and besides that it's up under where I signed by name. I have argued with Planet Fitness about this with no hope on getting them to change their policy at ALL. At least Planet Fitness should contact your members and let them know their 1-year agreement is about the expire so at least I would have known to cancel it. Let's not forget in writing.

Thanks to this bank account I would have never known. My question is how long you Planet Fitness kept taking it out of the account. Yet another large company making millions off of the ones that think Planet Fitness is a great company they would not take advantage of their members. After reading the other reviews I have learned I am not the only one. Never again Planet Fitness. Very disappointed and will never recommend Planet Fitness.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

For the second time, I went to Planet Fitness as a guest with my daughter. The first time, there was no problem. The second time, the new employee at the front desk asked me to register with a long line behind me but said that her internet was slow. We had to wait more than five minutes while she attended everybody behind me and even let others in who have not "registered" either as guests. I went to the manager who was right there with three other employees doing nothing to help this new employee, and her response was, "our internet was slow" and did nothing more than look up from her computer when I was speaking to her. I grew upset and left the premises and my daughter was upset that I was upset. I suggested she change gyms but she did not want to. OWNERS- do something about your lazy staff, managers (at 8 PM on 8-15-17), and slow internet!

Original review: Aug. 11, 2017

Don't lock yourself into their contract. Too hard to cancel & once you give them your credit card, they keep charging it if you don't call and cancel at the precise moment. Cancellation fees are high. Get the $99 special and pay $99 for the entire year for one location with no fees and no contract.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2017

Hi, I signed up for PF membership on 12/05/2016 at E. Riverside, Austin,TX club. On 12/5/2016 Club was running a no commitment/Month to Month/no contract/cancel anytime without penalty Promotion. Now I want to cancel membership and they are telling I have 11 months commitment. They showed me the contract papers with 11 months. It was against what was said when I signed up the contract. Please look into your past Promotion offer. New members thinking about joining club BEWARE of their Promotions... It's kindly of CHEATING...

Original review: Aug. 6, 2017

South Philly 24th and Oregon and ALL the planet fitness locations. This kid called me stupid because I should not have signed the contract without reading tiny print from 2 months ago saying they will charge me $39 two months later unless I cancel by the 25th of the previous month. I explained to the girl that I was speaking to, not the idiot that walked up behind her, that I will take it up with corporate as it wasn't her fault and this idiot comes up when he is not even in the conversation and calls me stupid for not reading the contract and signing it. Then he would not shut up and kept going on and on and neither of the stupid women at the counter were telling him to shut up. I will find a lawyer to file a class action lawsuit and I will NOT rest until this ignorant ** has lost his job. I was shaking and had to call my husband because I have never been so insulted by a public customer service employee.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

When I joined I was informed I could quit at anytime. Turns out it costs $58.00 to quit. If you have a thought to join this establishment, don't do it. They are rude and uncaring. You would be best served going somewhere that has integrity.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I guess it is true that when people want to do a Negative review quicker than a positive review. If I can do no stars I would. Planet Fitness I joined the gym because the advertised a dollar down and then the $20 a month which sounded good but first of all it was out of my way the all the benefits the 24-hour opening all that sounded good so I join. So when it came time to go I only went one time I went to go to the gym to try it out for the first time with a friend, they wouldn't do anything. The people that were at the gym exercising taught me everything about the machines. Those young kids and at the front desk didn't even acknowledge me as a person really. They stayed there at the desk laughing and smiling and talking. Very unapproachable. For a company that advertise no judgment you kinda contradict yourself with horrible employees.

So I cancelled a week after I joined I went with crunch right in my neighborhood... Love it btw. So I went to another location at Planet Fitness bigger more control but still horrible service by the employees. I recorded the conversation. Dasheen was going to charge me 50 dollars cancellation fee... For one day? I said! I didn't pay it. He had me sign and put his initials on a document! How unprofessional! But I cancelled the vibe and negativity. I can take my money elsewhere. And they have bad phone service. They pick up, it cuts out bad. Then I get hung up on while talking they pick up the phone with irritations in their voices. I hate Planet Fitness!

Planet Fitness expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1994, Planet Fitness is an American gym that expanded into a franchise operation in 2003. Franchisees operate over 1,200 locations across the United States and are currently expanding into Canada and the Dominican Republic. Planet Fitness offers a full array of exercise machines, and many locations offer a selection of fitness classes.

• PF 30-minute Express Circuit: Planet Fitness makes it easy for patrons to complete a full cardio and strength training circuit in half an hour, using ten strength machines and ten cardio machines. A red-light, green-light system alerts those on the circuit when to switch machines.
    • $10 membership: Planet Fitness offers a no-commitment $10/month membership option. It includes a T-shirt, unlimited access to one Planet Fitness club and unlimited access to training.
    • Black Card membership: Planet Fitness’ Black Card membership is ideal for those who want more than just a basic gym membership. In addition to the benefits of a $10 membership, Black Card members enjoy use of all Planet Fitness franchise locations, unlimited tanning, half price drinks and many more benefits for about $20 a month.
    • Free pe@pf service: Planet Fitness offers a program called pe@pf, which offers the benefits of a grown-up physical education course. Certified trainers will educate you on fitness equipment and routines and help you set goals appropriate for your current fitness level.
    • Member perks: Every member can participate in Pizza Mondays and Bagel Tuesdays.
    • Best for: fitness beginners and those who need a supportive gym environment.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs