3.31/5

1019 Planet Fitness Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 25, 2019

Well going to a court case I needed to get video camera of me being stalked at Planet Fitness. I talked to the owner of Planet Fitness company who said to file police report I did and never got the video. I later went back and went to the manager who was a new manager. Since that time we have had a good working relationship. This manager is the right manager for the job. As of July 2019 the manager and White Lane Bakersfield is very good at her job and is very kind. Another employee by the name Angel does a great job down there. I know she knows her job very well and she is very kind. I would highly recommend Planet Fitness. A bad experience that has since then corrected. I never got the video needed for a court of law even though I won that case in a court of law. It was still hard on me because that ex girlfriend lied to get me in trouble. I am more than satisfied with their services now from Planet Fitness.

Original review: July 14, 2019

Planet Fitness in Canton, Michigan is an awesome gym to go do your workout, very clean, nice place! I’ve been a member of Vic Tanny and Bally and many other gyms over the years, and this is by far the best deal I’ve ever seen! The staff is very pleasant and courteous and helpful!! All the equipment is very well maintained and gets the job done. I love their mantra, JUDGEMENT FREE ZONE where you don’t feel like you are there to impress anyone! The gym is to do your workout, period! Love, love, love the massage beds, chairs, tanning booth, and other perks for the black card membership (additional minimal cost)!! I gotta say I’m so impressed and pleased with the whole package and look forward to doing my workout at Planet Fitness, Canton, Michigan!

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 5, 2019

This location outside of Sedona in Cottonwood just opened in January. Very clean, 24 hrs, great deals and perks; I am shocked to no return what other gyms on the same street in the area charge! I totaled up what it costed me to join (1 dollar when it opened!), plus 42 annual fee, plus membership, and literally what I’d pay to join the other place and the first month is more than an entire year at PF!!!! WOW and what is even more astounding is that this gym is way cleaner and nicer than the other gym that charges almost 50 a month, with a contract, and expensive join fees. Even at the upgraded cost at PF it’s still remarkably less than their monthly fees. Plus worse equipment over there! Who can beat this? Probably no one. Good Job Planet Fitness. A plus!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Wow! There sure are a lot of nitpicky reviews here. I guess there's a higher tendency to submit a review after a bad experience than a good one. Personally, I feel amazed that there's an option so cheap to get so much out of. I've been a member about a year and a half. I've lost 25 lbs and am in the best shape of my life at age 48. My only issue (at my location) is that I wish there was stricter enforcement of the 'wipe down the machine when finished' rule. As far as for those with payment issues, you should ask if they have a one time fee plan at your location. I bought a 18 month plan for $200.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2018

I have been a member since you opened your club on Marrows road in Newark, Del. You have a manager that isn't doing his job. His name is Charles **. I was on a treadmill and on my left he was busy standing on another treadmill busy talking to a girl. There was a girl on my right and she was going quite fast when she fell and she flow off the treadmill on her face. I jumped off to help her but he only turned around and looked and just kept talking to the girl. He never even checked if she was okay. He isn't very pleasant. I always asked Richard for help. He should be the manager.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?

Original review: Aug. 18, 2019

I love going to Planet Fitness but the music is horrible! It is very young group music. Someone got the classic rock music in my Planet Fitness but now it is back to that music that is catered to only young ones. PLEASE GET THE CLASSIC ROCK PUT BACK IN THIS PLANET FITNESS. I am not the only one that wants this. There is a lot of us! If not I just might have to go to one of the other 5 gyms in town. Music makes a big difference in your workout. PLEASE PLEASE TAKE CARE OF THIS!!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2019

Without my knowledge, I was charged every month for 2 years for a membership in Rhode Island after moving to California. After discovering they were charging me monthly, I called to cancel. They said I needed to write a letter to cancel and send it through certified mail. After sending the cancellation letter and them saying they received it, I noticed I was still being charged 2 months after I sent in the letter. I called to ask what was going on and they said I had late fees that were due of $45.00. Haven't I been charged enough? Apparently not. They refused to waive the fee even though they knew that I had been giving them way more money than that for a service that I didn't even have access to for 2 years. This gym doesn't care about their customers. I consider this place to be a scam.

Original review: July 29, 2019

Corporate chose to get rid of sanitizer. I think that’s so wrong they don't understand there are a lot of people that don’t wipe machines down. I’m here 5 days a week and pay my membership and they can’t provide sanitizer. Also people sweat and spit on these machines.

Original review: July 26, 2019

It was ok at first until I realized they're money hungry overdrafting my account. I had the money at first then my wages started getting garnished. So I simply asked could they put a freeze on the account just for a couple months until I have the money because you are overdrafting my account. When I was going to come back to Planet Fitness I will not. Instead of helping me he said no and told me I have to pay to get it cancel. I said I just want to freeze it not cancel it. He said, "Well you need a doctor's note." Whaaaattt. A doctor's note like school or work. Are you serious. I said, "So you just going to keep overdrafting my account." He said yes. Right then I knew I wasn't coming back. How rude. They seem like a good plan but if you might have hard times ahead don't go. To them they're not going to help you unless you pay them and will tell you to your face so once they get you they got you.

Original review: July 24, 2019

Forgot my headset on work out bench for 8 minutes - gone. I ask for cameras footage, filed a police report - they told them all cameras are broken. So I called to get Planet Fitness to pay for the because they have security cameras - not my fault they are broken. So if someone get sexually assaulted or hurt it owner fault your cameras are broken. So I'm filling a lawsuit in small claim court.

Planet Fitness expert review by Joey Thurman

Founded in 1994, Planet Fitness is an American gym that expanded into a franchise operation in 2003. Franchisees operate over 1,200 locations across the United States and are currently expanding into Canada and the Dominican Republic. Planet Fitness offers a full array of exercise machines, and many locations offer a selection of fitness classes.

• PF 30-minute Express Circuit: Planet Fitness makes it easy for patrons to complete a full cardio and strength training circuit in half an hour, using ten strength machines and ten cardio machines. A red-light, green-light system alerts those on the circuit when to switch machines.

• $10 membership: Planet Fitness offers a no-commitment $10/month membership option. It includes a T-shirt, unlimited access to one Planet Fitness club and unlimited access to training.

• Black Card membership: Planet Fitness’ Black Card membership is ideal for those who want more than just a basic gym membership. In addition to the benefits of a $10 membership, Black Card members enjoy use of all Planet Fitness franchise locations, unlimited tanning, half price drinks and many more benefits for about $20 a month.

• Free pe@pf service: Planet Fitness offers a program called pe@pf, which offers the benefits of a grown-up physical education course. Certified trainers will educate you on fitness equipment and routines and help you set goals appropriate for your current fitness level.

• Member perks: Every member can participate in Pizza Mondays and Bagel Tuesdays.

• Best for: fitness beginners and those who need a supportive gym environment.

Profile picture of Joey Thurman
Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Planet Fitness Company Information