Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.76/5

Planet Fitness Reviews

Original review: April 18, 2020

The many times that I visited this gym I found it to have the machines that I needed to use. The treadmills were plenty. As were the stationary bicycles. As far as the weight machines go, they had a variety of them aimed at working out different parts of the body. For the most part the machines were clean as they advise that after using the equipment, you wipe them down with the sanitizing spray and paper towels that they provide and have set up throughout the facility. I’ve visited two (2) of their gyms frequently and found this to be consistent in both places. They provide assistance as well if you need it. They provide different exercising programs as well. Lockers and showers are available to use as well. I feel that this gym is worth the money.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2020

I've enjoyed the Planet Fitness Circuit for about 3 yrs now. I am enjoying the workout with a few of the same people 3-4 times a week. At first I was frustrated that the classes were held at different times daily. I've been going to other gyms many years with classes at the same time each day. I have gotten over that inconvenience for the sake of the gym being near my home. Now since the new year another inconvenience has been put upon us. Which is the decision of Planet Fitness 30 Minute Circuits to be less times each day! These classes were twice a day now the single class is once a day and some held in the evenings only. Only two classes during the week are before 2PM. Many of us are seniors so driving in the dark is not an option. We have a terrific Trainer plus the gym is kept well. I would appreciate knowing the reason for this inconvenience, thank you.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2019

I've been a member of Planet Fitness Holland, Mi. for several years. I've always just done "my usual" routine which consisted of the Elliptical machine, Arc Climber, and the Treadmill. I did free weights and ab work but never considered taking "classes" there. I'd observed Maddie run classes a few times and was impressed so I decided to get out of my comfort zone and talk to her. I'm so glad I did.

My first class was "Refresh" which was amazing. I completed a "Strength" class today and LOVED it. Maddie was right there to help at every station and was very encouraging. She took some of my limitations to heart and showed me ways to modify the exercise to fit my needs. The classes are 30 minutes long, and she is with you every step of the way. I am looking forward to a "Core" class and plan to sign up for classes daily to work muscles that have been in hibernation for a while. I only wish I'd started earlier. I'm 58 years old, have a fused ankle and a surgically repaired knee and I COULD do everything! Maddie was a wonderful addition to our club in Holland.

Original review: July 25, 2019

Well going to a court case I needed to get video camera of me being stalked at Planet Fitness. I talked to the owner of Planet Fitness company who said to file police report I did and never got the video. I later went back and went to the manager who was a new manager. Since that time we have had a good working relationship. This manager is the right manager for the job. As of July 2019 the manager and White Lane Bakersfield is very good at her job and is very kind. Another employee by the name Angel does a great job down there. I know she knows her job very well and she is very kind. I would highly recommend Planet Fitness. A bad experience that has since then corrected. I never got the video needed for a court of law even though I won that case in a court of law. It was still hard on me because that ex girlfriend lied to get me in trouble. I am more than satisfied with their services now from Planet Fitness.

Original review: June 5, 2019

This location outside of Sedona in Cottonwood just opened in January. Very clean, 24 hrs, great deals and perks; I am shocked to no return what other gyms on the same street in the area charge! I totaled up what it costed me to join (1 dollar when it opened!), plus 42 annual fee, plus membership, and literally what I’d pay to join the other place and the first month is more than an entire year at PF!!!! WOW and what is even more astounding is that this gym is way cleaner and nicer than the other gym that charges almost 50 a month, with a contract, and expensive join fees. Even at the upgraded cost at PF it’s still remarkably less than their monthly fees. Plus worse equipment over there! Who can beat this? Probably no one. Good Job Planet Fitness. A plus!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?

Original review: April 20, 2020

Planet Fitness provides a friendly, helpful staff for newbies. Good atmosphere and benefits for people who want to exercise but are not into dropping weights, bodybuilding, or anything too excessive.

Original review: April 20, 2020

The person at the front desk was not very helpful with me becoming a member. She gave short answers and did not state all that was offered. The equipment was not cleaned after one person got off and another one got on. Towels were not available.

Original review: April 20, 2020

Planet Fitness is a great gym for me. I can go there work on my cardio with the treadmills. After that I can work on my leg strength with the weights. From there I can work on my upper body strength with the weights. I really appreciate the judgement free atmosphere and the people that work there are attentive.

Original review: April 19, 2020

Very pleased with the helpful employees willing to help with a machine and go out of their way to see you can operate the equipment properly. The cleanliness of the workout section are very very clean, along with the locker rooms.

Original review: April 19, 2020

Great place to go. The staff is always nice and helpful. They are always walking around cleaning and never in the way, staff is also helpful. They have a lot of equipment anything you’d need to get in a good work out. I like they have TVs in front of the stations. Definitely helps time go by.

Planet Fitness author review by Joey Thurman

Founded in 1994, Planet Fitness is an American gym that expanded into a franchise operation in 2003. Franchisees operate over 1,200 locations across the United States and are currently expanding into Canada and the Dominican Republic. Planet Fitness offers a full array of exercise machines, and many locations offer a selection of fitness classes.

• PF 30-minute Express Circuit: Planet Fitness makes it easy for patrons to complete a full cardio and strength training circuit in half an hour, using ten strength machines and ten cardio machines. A red-light, green-light system alerts those on the circuit when to switch machines.

• $10 membership: Planet Fitness offers a no-commitment $10/month membership option. It includes a T-shirt, unlimited access to one Planet Fitness club and unlimited access to training.

• Black Card membership: Planet Fitness’ Black Card membership is ideal for those who want more than just a basic gym membership. In addition to the benefits of a $10 membership, Black Card members enjoy use of all Planet Fitness franchise locations, unlimited tanning, half price drinks and many more benefits for about $20 a month.

• Free pe@pf service: Planet Fitness offers a program called pe@pf, which offers the benefits of a grown-up physical education course. Certified trainers will educate you on fitness equipment and routines and help you set goals appropriate for your current fitness level.

• Member perks: Every member can participate in Pizza Mondays and Bagel Tuesdays.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Planet Fitness Company Information