Planet Fitness

Compare Health Clubs

Research top Health Clubs recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I first opened my account in Rapid City, SD and was required to move per my job. Rapid City refused to refund my membership without me paying over $50. At the time there was no Planet Fitness in Helena, MT. I moved and found out they were going to open one in Helena. I went to the trailer to discuss changing my location and they had no idea what to do but indicated they would talk to the manager who was showing on in two days and would call me back. Over a week and half passed so I called them. The lady on the phone was rude. She again did not know what to do but said "wait" while she asked someone else.

When she got back on the phone her response was "you will just have to wait till it's opened." The new location did not open as planned so I paid for a month and half of membership that I could not use. I was able to finally transfer my membership online but it said I had to wait 3-5 days before I could use the gym. I was not happy. I called the location and spoke to a gentleman who said "just come in and we will fix it" because "that's crazy." When I went in I spoke with another gentleman who had no idea what to do but said his manager would but he didn't know where she was. At the time there were 5 people behind the counter so he started talking to them.

When the manager came up, Esther **, she was rude to me from the start as I explained the conversation I had with her location. All she wanted to know was who told me to come in. The person didn't say his name. I started to get irritated and I told her about the fact that I had to pay for a membership that I couldn't use because they were not open. She said "well you can't help construction and it's not my membership." The point was I paid for services I couldn't use because they were not open. I again had to tell her that I was there to work out because that's what I was told and she didn't even know what to do with my membership.

She called someone else and they said it takes 24 hrs to transfer. She again told me "it's not my fault and that's the way it is." She did say that she would call me the next day to correct the membership, took my number after she didn't understand that the number on the screen attached to the location is not my phone number. She did say that she would leave a note for the morning staff because I was going to be there at 5:45AM the next day. There was no note left and she has yet to call me ever after I called her twice and left messages with the staff. This started on 4 Jan 17.

Today when I went in it still was not taken care of. There was a short, ** lady with glasses talking personally behind the counter on her phone who stuck her finger in my face telling me to wait. She refused to tell me her name. Darren came over to help but indicated "I'm just the night janitor." He did find someone to correct the issue but when he came to give me my card he said I had to have a picture. I asked why and he shrugged his shoulders. I am already upset because of the service I continue to receive so I told him it wasn't like that at the last location. He responded rudely and loudly "we are not them," so I got pissed and told him not to talk to me that way and he walked away cussing at me. He never came back with my card so I went to get it and three people, a new one, the ** lady, and Darren all raised their voices to me that I had to take the pictures. I never refused the picture.

Along with all the extremely poor service Esther allows cameras in the locker. All three times I was there people are in the locker room taking pictures, two times there have been younger kids running around yelling, and women are allowed to wear skimpy tops over their bras and shorts so short their butt hangs out. Ester was there for one of the days, there was a worker in the locker room twice with the cameras, and there are workers all over the floor to see the clothes and the kids. This place is horrible.

I have been paying or PF have taken money from my account for the past two years, and because I have a balance with them from 2015 they would not allow me to use the gym. I have tried to pay this past due of $29.00 but they would not let me through my bank. I was stopped at the gym and threatened to have the cops called on me for trying to use the gym that I have been paying for the past two years. The manager is a horrible and more than once tried to get me arrested by calling the cops on me. Why I cannot use the gym when they constantly take money out of my account for the past two years is ridiculous and thievery.

I've read most of the complaints for PF, especially the most recent. I want to provide my experience with the PF in High Point, NC. Yes, it was a brand new facility, nice and clean. Everything worked and the staff was good, not great, but good. The staff EXPLAINED everything to me before purchasing the Black Card plan. He told me the price per month, the yearly fee, and how to cancel the membership. Halfway through the membership, I was charged the yearly fee. I knew it was coming because he told me it was and IT'S IN THE CONTRACT.

I decided not to renew my membership and on the day it expired I called to double-check and make sure it was canceled. The clerk asked that I come in, which I did, and I verified the account was closed. She provided me with a statement showing it was canceled and that my account would not be charged. I checked my account for three months afterward and received no charges or yearly fee. Just a side note: Here in NC, the YMCA is nearly $550 for one person. If you pick the Black Card membership with the yearly fee it will cost you around $23-$24 a month. Also, I was able to use my Black Card at any PF with no issues.

Dealt with the most rudest disgusting "regional manager" named KIMBERLY ever! She was extremely disrespectful & trashy with the way she dealt with me. THEIR employee took my payment for November but failed to tell me October's payment hadn't gone through the previous month. I kept working out ALL of November, December & some of JANUARY with no issues whatsoever & on January 6th KIMBERLY stopped me & stated that out of nowhere I now have a balance from 2+ MONTHS AGO.. What??? Really? So in 2+ months NONE OF the employees who scanned my card 20+ times were competent enough to communicate to me, the CUSTOMER who has no way whatsoever of knowing I have a balance unless communicated to me (duh). That I cannot work out AT ALL due to her employee's MISTAKE & lack of proper training and communication.

She then proceeded to talk over me in a loud voice, shout out my private account information for everyone to hear. She kicked me out of the gym, refused to let me workout to at least make up for their mistake, would not let me get one single word in, refused to give me the corporate phone # and adamantly refused to give me her full name. What a disrespectful & ugly way to treat a client who's been a member for 2 years & who makes her payments no matter what. This is not okay.

I now understand exactly why none of her employees were able to communicate to me in 2+ months that I had an old balance. Because KIMBERLY is the regional manager. That's exactly why. She has no skills AT ALL with customer relations & she should be FIRED. Planet Fitness is an ok gym but KIMBERLY is a disgrace to that establishment & because of her they now lost about 10 clients. Because now NONE of my family & friends whom I personally recommended to this gym will ever be going there again. Good job KIMBERLY. What a waste. Go get a real job you're actually good at you condescending twit. If you're thinking of joining this specific Planet Fitness, DON'T! I highly recommend going the extra mile & joining a real gym like LA Fitness. Or even better than that, cross the street & join YOU-FIT! Just left their gym & they're way better all around for the same if not cheaper price!

I went to PF with my boyfriend. I wanted to join a gym and he would be a guest occasionally. He suffers from diabetic neuropathy and wanted mostly just to use massage chairs or table. We explained this in detail. We were told the black membership would work. The ONLY thing he could not use were the tanning beds dues to ins issues. Which didn't make sense but we thought whatever. She took us on tour and and we went over it several time that he could use the chairs and table as long as I was there. This was on Dec 16th 2016.

On Jan 2 2017 we went to the club for the 1st time. Scanned in and asked to see if a chair or bed was available and were immediately stumped and told he could not use it. He needed to buy a membership as well. We said we would cancel cause the whole reason we got the black membership was so he could occasionally use the massage table. They want to charge $58 to cancel plus another month of membership at $21. We were misled and lied to. Not only that the girl at the desk was so rude about it. If they would have been nice about the situation maybe we would have considered it but No!

The manager called us back and has even worse customer service skills. Instead of trying to make things better he was rude and just instilled how horrible this club actually is! Furthermore we called corporate office and they have NO control over individual clubs. The whole system is a useless scam! My advice pay the extra $10 and go to a reputable club! You get what you pay for!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?

Sell the $20 a month black card option as a scam. Using the terminology "unlimited guest privileges" but then in practice they limit you in every possible way when you bring a guest. Bogus snake oil salesman tactics. To top it off, the staff are generally unknowledgeable about anything except selling memberships.

I had joined their membership years ago. One location closed forcing me to transfer to another. I then moved out of the area and transferred again the membership. Over the next year 1/2 I never used the membership again but was still getting billed monthly. I decided to go in and cancel per their agreement. When I walked into the local location that I had transferred it to, they told me that my membership was canceled 6 months prior and showed no billing. I told them that I was still being billed monthly. They told me to contact the original location and ask. I did and they told me that my membership was transferred to another state 1200 miles away but showed it was canceled. No resolution there.

I then called my bank to stop payment from this account. I did receive a refund for the last 6 months. The following month I get another monthly charge. I called my bank back to report fraudulent activity from this company. There isn't any number or contact services for Planet Fitness. Only a email service which only responds automatically from which option you choose stating their rules and regulations. This company is set up to take money per month from its customers and make it nearly impossible to stop them.

When attempting to downgrade my wife's membership from Premium to a basic membership after being a member for at least 5 years, they had the nerve to ask for the initiation fee. They said this is only charged if you downgrade. What happened to our 5 year relationship. That does count. This is such poor customer relations. So I cancelled her membership and will consider a different gym. Customer and business loyalty is out the door of these days especially at this business. You're not the only game in town Planet Fitness. Maybe the people across the street be better at least more loyal.

My girlfriend and I signed up well over a year ago at the Flint, MI Planet Fitness. Both of us had signed up for the black card membership. I had signed us both up as in I signed all the paper work. So although her account was not in my name, I had signed for it. It was on my bank account, and my email. After using it one time shortly after we got it we tried canceling 8 months later. The person I spoke to explained that we were in a one year contract and said it was $90 to cancel (which later I saw on our terms & conditions was $58 not $90). I brushed it off and accepted the next 4 months to pay. After that time and our yearly payment I had tried canceling. Contacted the PF office and canceled. they accepted it. everything was all good right? Wrong. During my cancellation I had lost my job and didn't have any money in my account which PF deemed alright to continue to charge me.

After 8 or 10 times the company tried taking money out of an account that had $0 in it I noticed after getting a new job. I had called them and explained that I had already canceled my account to which they said I never did. Frustrated I explained that I never even really went to the gym in the first place but was fine with paying for that because that was my fault. The person I spoke to saw that we had only gone to the gym 1 time out of the whole year but couldn't cancel my account or stop the account being charged. I then asked why wouldn't anyone contact me if the account wasn't being paid for? Why try taking money out of an account 8 or 10 times with insufficient funds and not bother calling the person? Even local business' with like 5 employees and over 2,000 customers would at least contact the customer if transaction came up insufficient.

When I had asked about this the billing portion of PF the actual billing people that I talked to said, "Our billing comes from a 3rd party..." I was shocked to hear this. I spoke to the person who was head of this portion (in Michigan) and she just basically was like "Well tough luck". Finally getting my account canceled 2 months later I had found they had charged me again. When I called back they had discovered it was from my girlfriend’s account and when I canceled I had only canceled my own. I was outraged by this because I had signed everything on hers. But they had said, "We don't do joint accounts". This time being successful taking the money out I had demand to take it back but much like before they just shrugged their shoulders and said "Nothing we can do.”

What is the point of have a billing portion of a company if they don't handle anything to do with actual billing!? The person gave me the number to corporate to which I had called and they were more useless than the billing portion. The woman I had spoken to just said, "Contact billing... They are franchised and independently owned" This is honestly the worst company I have ever dealt with and it's sad because originally I thought it was great that they were a gym with an affordable membership.

The cleanliness of the gym and equipment doesn't seem to be consistent. We have complained about the greasy hand prints all over the mirrors in the stretching area. Sometimes the mirrors are clean but many times the same hand prints are visible for days. It is not a good testament for the effort put into keeping the gym clean and making it a gym that you are proud to be a member of. We used to see staff cleaning the gym frequently but over the past couple of months we haven't seen it being done very often.

This gym is mad sketchy!! I made a membership and only maybe went in once but they immediately charged me their annual membership fee. After about a month I had to go in and cancel personally but even after that I was charged about $40 when I had already canceled!!! I just don't understand. It wasn't even the membership fee because they took that already from the start! Don't ever come here!!! I can't believe a fitness chain that size resorts to such lowly ways and not get lawsuits. Shut down already!!!

I have attempted to cancel the membership since September. I was advised to write a letter which I did and when did not hear anything went into the store and was advised the membership could not be canceled due to a balance owed. When inquired a bit further about the balance was advised can not be discussed at the location and would need to call the billing dept or come back to speak with manager. I came back w/in a few days to speak with manager. (Dreamy) is the name I was given and she was not there so I called a few days later and spoke with an employee that gave me Greg from billing dept. I called Greg and left a message with voice service and have not received a callback (it's now going on two weeks).

I went back into the store and spoke with the manager on site (Steven) that explained the billing details in full and I was able to understand where the bal carried from in August 2015 so I am in agreement that I owe the 21.95 +10 late fee from over 1 yr ago but the nature of the complaint was that had the dispute been discussed in detail prior I could have paid the bal. Meanwhile my bank account is still being charged 21.00 monthly and was charged a renewal fee. I just want to cancel the membership with paying any additional cost.

Based on the negligence of the employees in not providing details of the charge that was outstanding and not getting a callback I have been charged a renewal fee and another month for service I haven't used or want. I submitted a complaint to the BBB and Planet Fitness never even responded. This a predatory company as they know most people will not close their bank account to ensure charges don't go through. So they don't respond or address the issue as they know they will continue to be paid.

I, along with a friend joined Planet Fitness in Jan of 2016. With a short time we had both incurred injuries (rotator cuff tear and back injury) that prevented us from using the facility. We realized we were not likely to be able to work out in the near. In July of 2016 I went to the club and asked them to cancel my membership. It was treated extremely by the young man at the register. He told me I had to pay them $66 for each of our accounts before I left the building or he would not cancel. I told him to cancel and send me a bill (I did not have the cash on me and certainly did not want to allow him access to more of my money) and I would pay the $132 to cancel.

Now, keep in mind that I had just been charged almost $90 for an "annual fee". We had only been members for six months... How can I have an "annual" fee. He refused to let me cancel unless I gave him $66 each on the spot. I did get the Regional Manager's name from him and called to let him know how upset I was. He NEVER responded to me. I reached out to the corporate office and did get a return call but when I called him back he NEVER responded again. I have paid them almost $500 and they continue to bill me. Everyone needs to be aware that this is a scam! DON'T JOIN THIS CLUB. There are other clubs that do business in a customer friendly manner, that have bigger and better facilities, and don't lure you in with a $10 per month advertisement and falsely lead you to believe that is the program.

Updated on 01/01/2017: I have now written into the Customer Service Department via their website at least four times. I did receive a voicemail one time but all subsequent attempts to reach anyone either by phone, email or their website has gone unanswered. I just saw an advertisement as I was looking for the web address again stating today "get all of this for $10 per month"!!! Buyer beware... it is not $10 per month! It is advertising fraud and I have turned it over to an Assistant District Attorney who advises me that he has had many complaints about Planet Fitness. PLEASE DON'T JOIN... IT IS A RIP OFF.

I just signed up with Planet Fitness promotion. $10 down and $10 a month on 11/15/2016. But why was I charged $10 on the 11/17/2016??? I just signed up. I called and spoke with an employee who was very nice and the guy said, that's basically how their system is set up. Needless to say, I hung up the phone still confused.

I also created an account on here because of the issues I had with Planet Fitness account cancellation. I hope this helps others. This actually happened a couple of years ago. I cancelled at my local Planet Fitness in upstate NY. The reason I cancelled was the my stepdaughter cancelled her account and they continued to bill her. After a heated argument with the desk staff (no manager available), nothing was resolved, so I cancelled my account on the spot. I found a couple of months later that they continued to bill me. I went into the local facility and again had a heated discussion. The person at the desk could see where I had requested to cancel my account two months prior and also saw that it wasn't cancelled and that I was subsequently billed. But the person could or wouldn't do anything to fix it. I was told the company policy was... that I needed to give them a copy of my back account showing the overbilling.

I basically told them to ** off. So what I did was went to the Better Business Bureau website and created a complaint. They have to respond to those complaints. I also went to the New York State Attorney General website and also entered a complaint. I was amazed that I received two different calls from the Attorney General’s office within a few days. I ended up getting my refund in about 5 days. Then I used social media to beat Planet Fitness for about a year. NOW, I was thinking about going and re-joining again today, because the facility is nice, good equipment, nice staff, etc... and on a whim I did a search and see that not only has nothing changed, my issues was not isolated, but the norm. It's really too bad because they could be good without this kind of crap.

So, I would recommend anyone that has this same issue, does a cut and paste of some of these reviews and give links back to this and other consumer sites and post them on Facebook, Google reviews, Tripadvisor, and other review type social media platforms. If enough people post and continue to post, it will make a difference. Looks like I won't be joining today.

Like many others I was taken in by the advertising of a low cost friendly alternative to a hard core gym. I signed up for the standard membership and upgraded to the black card online. On my first visit I had to wait for the staff to finish talking to each other about some member they said was rude, I finally got their attention and was told "Ok you're all set. No t-shirt, no black card, no tour."

On my 2nd visit I asked about the black card and was told it's not something they give you it's just the same key tag with upgraded membership. Another member overheard the conversation and told the staff member that he was wrong and that I should have indeed been given a black key tag, which he did give me after looking into it. I asked if I could use the tanning booth and he said yes and that I would just need to inform the front desk every time. I didn't know this because I never received the tour and nothing was ever explained to me.

On the 3rd visit at midnight with the gym totally empty I asked to use the hydro bed and was told I would need my key tag. I told him the other guy said I didn't need it and all I had to do was inform the front desk. He said the other guy was wrong and I did need it and I would also need an appointment. Why would I need an appointment at midnight with the gym totally empty??? In all honestly the old saying holds true, you get what you pay for. No doubt your experience will vary depending on location, in my area (RI) this gym sucks.

I myself like I see others on here have had a horrible experience with Planet Fitness on Camp Wisdom Road in DALLAS, Texas. I have only used the facilities two times since I signed up in April of 2015. I tried to cancel due to me not using the facilities, and like everyone on here states they hide behind the contract! I then completed the year and even paid the annual fee one more time, and because I travel in my occupation I thought I would be able to just call up, email, or fax something to cancel, and I like others on here was told I had to bring a letter or send it certified in the mail.

So they hit me up for payments for another 6 months, and then when I did come to town and found time to go by the gym The LIGHTS were OFF, and the gentleman inside still stated that he could not take my letter due to the systems being down! I am so over this horrible horrible company, but I am going to contact the news media until someone shuts this company down! Do not give them access to your bank account, they will wipe you out!

Ever since I have signed up with Planet Fitness, I've only experienced bad news. I signed up in the summer and explicitly told them that it was a "summer gig" being back home from college. They did advertise "no contract". When it came time to cancel they told me I had signed up for a year. I called several times to fix that and they never did, only telling me the same thing over and over that I was binded, which I never agreed to. They billed both of the cards on my account numerous times. They have yet to fix that. They did not let my 16-year-old brother into the gym multiple times. Poor gym quality and very limited space. This is a beware from the shadiest business I have ever dealt with: whatever you do, do not sign up for Planet Fitness.

I, like many here, created this account solely to warn others about this shady corporation. It's unfortunate because I know Planet Fitness will never take any of these reviews into consideration and adjust their practices. However, if my review will help even one person, it's worth it. Please, learn from all of our mistakes. They've stolen enough money from us, don't give them any more. I've had the same experience as everyone here. I moved out of the country and forgot to cancel my membership. A family member informed me I had to "write a letter" officially canceling my membership. No fax, no email, nothing from this century. They wanted a letter, which I assume it's because it takes the longest to receive and allows them more time to steal more money from you.

When I called and spoke to a "manager", he refused to give me his name and stated "it's in the contract" that I have to send in a letter and that's the only way. Forget your stupid contract, I'm halfway around the world! I explained to him that I couldn't get a letter and my US account will soon be cancelled. He responded with, "We will just send you to collections". I was shocked. It was as easy as logging into a computer and canceling the membership. Instead now I'm overseas, being charged for a crappy gym with even crappier service.

It's just sad whoever is running this business. They would surely make more money if they treated customers fairly. People would recommend them. Instead, they're being bashed for their unethical practices everywhere. I hope by the time I return to the states, they've gone bankrupt. Either way, I'll be paying a little more and going with 24 hour fitness. They're pricey, but I've NEVER had a problem with setting up or canceling accounts. Planet Fitness is a poor excuse for a business.

I moved out of the area, no transfer club to join. Had to take time off work to send certified snail mail at the post office (which still does not prove the mail is actually coming from the member. It only allows the club to continue to take money longer). Rude and inappropriate treatment when asking if there is a logical method to cancel such as fax, email or some form of technology from the year 2016. The response was "NO" or you can drive hundreds of miles to walk into the club and cancel?!? Its been weeks and it still has not been canceled! Never again!!!

My name is ** and this is about Planet Fitness on Hanover Ave, Allentown, PA. I recently register at this location. Today was my first day actually working out. I walked in give my info since I didn't get a card the day I register. I receive my card and a shirt (cool!). I asked about the trainer and she told me that I have to put my name on a list and showed me the schedule for the trainer. But, "We don't have a trainer right now. It's being trained and probably next week will be taking appts." the attendant said. I said, "Ok, no problem. I understand." Then I ask, "Do you have an idea where should I start since is my first time here and I have not get a walk around to meet the facility..." to what she gave me a look like if I was asking for money or something. So I told her, "You know what? Just tell me where the restrooms are, the rest I'll figure it out." No "Welcome to Planet Fitness" or at least "If you need help with anything..." Not at all.

This is not my first rodeo at Planet Fitness. A couple yrs ago I went to the facility in Horseheads, NY and these people make you feel so welcome that you really want to go every day. Here in Allentown, you have to get right in front of the counter if you at least want to get an eye contact. Is like nobody cares if you visit them or not. It's sad because I will still visiting. I need to lose weight and this is what I need to do but I guess I will be "Googling" best ways to start your workout or gym for beginners, I don't know. It would be more enjoyable the experience is the staff would care.

My girlfriend and I signed up for a Planet Fitness membership at the lancaster location. Due to illness and just overall work schedule we just were not able to utilize the membership. Come October we have tried to cancel the membership. Now every October apparently they charge a 39 dollar annual fee. This fee has tried to run through our checking account several times causing a check cancellation fee of 388 dollars a pop. In total I believe we have had about 150 dollars in fees. On saturday October 15th I was able to go down to the store location and cancel my membership no problem. On Monday October 17th My girlfriend tried to cancel her membership and was told no, that we owe them that 39 dollar fee and until we paid it she would not be able to cancel.

I have now contacted their main membership line and talked to the assistant manager at the lancaster location and they have pretty much told me to read my contract and pay them. My response being in that case I would consider paying them once they paid me the 150 in fee I have had through my bank, or they could just do the right thing seeing as how we have never utilized their services and just cancel the membership. They said no. I then in turn stated in that case I would be contacted the news media and the state consumer office as well as my bank. In a very sarcastic tone the assistant manager stated that was my choice, said have a good day and hung up on me. They hide behind their contract and from what I have read online they constantly do this. It's in my opinion not only bad business but borders on extortion.

I signed a friend up for a membership because her weight had become a health issue. She unfortunately passed away because of the issues she faced and never was able to claim this membership. As advertised, there was no indication that there was a cancellation fee because "no contracts" was all over my sign up sheet. Now I am stuck paying a cancellation fee for an unclaimed, never used membership. Worst service and trip off.

I cancelled my membership at the Charleston, SC Planet Fitness on August 12. I thought everything was cool with the cancellation. Then Planet Fitness charged me for the $39 yearly maintenance fee. I looked back at my cancellation and realized that although it was dated and signed on August 12, the cancellation date is filled in as September 17. Since I haven't even been to this so-called gym since July and never intend to go again, they just stole that $39 from me. If you join Planet Fitness (and I DON'T recommend it), be sure to read everything carefully. Planet Fitness scams people.

This gym constantly takes money from you even when your membership expires. When you call, it's always a different story. It's sad when your bank speaks bad about a corporation and knows they're taking people's money. As long as they have your account number, they will continue to use it and withdraw funds from your account even after cancelling. I hate Planet Fitness. Please be aware!!!

Basically they are a ripoff. When me and my wife plus good friend signed up to join we paid what was supposed to get a new enrollment fee and then first monthly $10 payment. All good. No problem. Well what nobody said at the time is that in a year they were gonna take out another $30 membership fee. Well that got my wife's account 3 $30 overdraft fees. So I'm sure somewhere buried down in the given print it did say something about a yearly membership fee. Well our bad for not reading it top to bottom but when you initially call the fee an enrollment fee one would assume it's a one time fee.

So anyway we tried to call and pleasantly I might add asked them to please refund the amount so that we would not be charged overdraft fees and that we would head down immediately and put the money in the account and then they could turn around and pull the money right back out. The bank was OK with this and we had it all set up. All Planet Fitness had to do was agree to it. Well not only did they not agree they were completely rude to us and told us to "read the fine print next time and get over it." Verbatim. Exactly how their customer service rep said it.

So beware. This company could care less about the consumer. All they care about is the bottom dollar. Which is completely ignorant cuz they lost 3 customers who intended on being with them for at least the next few years probably indefinitely... at 10 bucks a month for 1 year would have put $360 into that crappy business. Instead they settle for $90 rather than take care of 3 faithful, good intentioned customers. Beware. Bad company.

I joined Planet Fitness in August and I was charged a yearly fee in October and as one customer stated the showers are never warm. Had I known I was going to get charged 41.34 a couple of months after signing up, I wouldn't have ever signed up. This gym is a rip off. I'm going to cancel and never go back to them.

I can honestly say dealing with this company has been one of worst experiences on multiple levels. They do so many backhanded dealings, while not breaking any laws directly they take advantage of being either misleading or sneaky in the manner in which things are presented and then make correcting any situation almost so difficult that many people end up just "eating" the fees just to be up and done with it. I know that choosing another establishment may not be as convenient, to begin with as they may be further away or not have the same hours but in the long run, it will save a multitude of pain and headaches. AS WELL AS MONEY!

Well I was thinking about going here eventually. However, I needed to use the restroom, about to urinate myself. Anyways, this snobby girl at front desk at 7:18 pm in moline, said unless I was a member, no. I mean, it's just a restroom. Everyone's nasty sweaty ass does more than taking a piss... What if I was a pregnant woman, they pee a lot. Discriminatory extreme... I'd find somewhere else, instead of coworkers rather talk & be snobby and act like you're the worst thing they've seen. Thank you for this experience.

Planet Fitness enrolls people telling them that their no contract plan can be cancelled at any time however they charge a 42.00 fee saying it's their annual fee even though when the representative was asked they say no. Do not fall for these ripoffs. They are scammers.

Planet Fitness Company Profile