3.7/5 (819 ratings)

About Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Planet Fitness?

Original review: June 16, 2022

Ke see2 (Doug), The trainer, at Londons, Planet Fitness, is patient, adaptive, informative, he cares about your journey into health and fitness. He encourages you by his willingness to work right where you're at.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2022

The managers Chase and Hope were supportive during my training. They never made me feel uncomfortable during the time that I worked there. When Covid-19 happened they did their best to accommodate all employees and staff.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2022

I am thoroughly pleased with my PF experience. My club is in Chapel Hill and the staff are courteous and professional. Huge shout to (and hope they promote him) Elijah. He always makes me feel welcomed and valued as a customer/client. And PF should clean up their cancellation policy. My daughter had a similar experience after leaving for college. They don't make it easy and meanwhile keep taking from your bank account.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2021

On Monday, July 12, 2021 at 9:00 p.m. a female member walked up to me while working out, place cellphone in my face and started to video me. Management has done absolutely nothing to this member, and allow this toxic, hostile environment for members, especially male victims.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

Awesome. This gym really has everything you need. It's peacefully captivating and loving. Everyone is so nice and really goes after their goals. I have been going here for over two years and look at my results.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I canceled my membership in person, as instructed over the phone. The person at the counter said that has been taken care of. For many months, I did not check my bank statement carefully. But I just found out that I had been charged for the membership month after month. They refused to give me any refund. They said that there is no record of me canceling it. Just because their employee made a mistake, I have to pay for it. User's recommendation: Membership fee is cheap. But I guess this is how they make extra money. Don’t go to Orem one.

Original review: June 28, 2022

I was at my Monday 5 AM workout and while on the treadmill I noticed that 25% of the TV's were not working....again! This had been the case for about the last 3 weeks. Back 3 weeks ago, when the counter was manned, I notified the attendant. Used to be months ago when this occurred. The attendant would actually come out and look at the situation, not 3 weeks ago. Then about 2 weeks ago a new attendant came in and was never at the desk. Once I saw the sign that there was man cleaning the women bathroom and figured that was where he was.

Friday I decided to write a note to the Manager and mention the now constant lack of functioning TV's. I sought a place where it would be seen. I saw tape on the counter so I took some and looked for a place to tape the note. I decided to tape it to the monitor of one of the computers. At that instant the Trainer strolled in and he said "What are you doing behind the counter?" I said, "Oh, here you can give this note to the manager about the TV's not working for weeks now." I handed him the message and walked out.

Later the manager called me and said my membership of 8 years was terminated. I asked why, she said, "You went behind the counter, you cannot go behind the counter." I said "I was taping a message to you about the TV's not working." She said, "I watched the video and you looked at a computer." I said no, I was taping the message to the computer. She said, "Sorry upper management has made the decision to terminate you." I said there is no sign saying to not go behind the counter, how was I supposed to know? She said, "You can file a complaint online." Only a Nazi organization terminates someone for trying to communicate with the manager with a note when the attendant behind the desk is gone. BTW, the attendant was in the women's bathroom for my entire 45 minute workout, I guess you can't have cameras in the Locker Room huh? Suspicious? Planet Fitness should be called Planet **. It's run by tiny minded morons.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I am a long-time Planet Fitness member. I signed up in January I believed and only used my membership once. Life circumstances lead me to the need of cancellation. I called the club in late March or early April to cancel. From my recollection, the very empathetic lady said, "No problem." This week I noticed my payment of $10.83 had been drafted twice. Ok this shouldn’t be a problem and oh I was wrong. I finally track down ‘my club’ after multiple calls and the lady had no empathy and no understanding and really just talked over her customer.

I just want what was told to me. This seems as if this could be an easy process. I’m sure if it was taking money it would be an easy process. Perhaps it was just the lady with no empathy that was the problem. Planet has been my gym of choice for years so I’ll have to digest all this. I really want to warn the potential new customer. I have nothing but time and I’m sure my negative reviews will far out surpass the 2 payments of $10.83. I really don’t understand businesses with no customer service. It’s a shame! Gym below: 13923 Nacogdoches, San Antonio TX 78217

Original review: June 17, 2022

I have been treated in a rude way with one of the staff members with no fault from my side, he asked me to leave the building and he is going to cancel my membership. When I asked him what is the reason he said no reason!!!. I requested to talk to a manager he refused and refused to provide manager's contact, I hope management take care of that kind of discrimination which is unacceptable and not legal.

Original review: June 2, 2022

I thought I was going to be moving and I upgraded to the black card. I decided not to move and requested to downgrade back to the basic plan and I was told that there would be a $58 cancellation fee for the black card and if I wanted to renew the basic plan again it would be a additional annual fee incurred and I thought that was just so distasteful so I decided that I would just cancel the plan. Because that was just wrong in my opinion in the company needs to have better standards or values for itself. What a disgrace for a company.

Planet Fitness author review by Joey Thurman

Founded in 1994, Planet Fitness is an American gym that expanded into a franchise operation in 2003. Franchisees operate over 1,200 locations across the United States and are currently expanding into Canada and the Dominican Republic. Planet Fitness offers a full array of exercise machines, and many locations offer a selection of fitness classes.

• PF 30-minute Express Circuit: Planet Fitness makes it easy for patrons to complete a full cardio and strength training circuit in half an hour, using ten strength machines and ten cardio machines. A red-light, green-light system alerts those on the circuit when to switch machines.

• $10 membership: Planet Fitness offers a no-commitment $10/month membership option. It includes a T-shirt, unlimited access to one Planet Fitness club and unlimited access to training.

• Black Card membership: Planet Fitness’ Black Card membership is ideal for those who want more than just a basic gym membership. In addition to the benefits of a $10 membership, Black Card members enjoy use of all Planet Fitness franchise locations, unlimited tanning, half price drinks and many more benefits for about $20 a month.

• Free pe@pf service: Planet Fitness offers a program called pe@pf, which offers the benefits of a grown-up physical education course. Certified trainers will educate you on fitness equipment and routines and help you set goals appropriate for your current fitness level.

• Member perks: Every member can participate in Pizza Mondays and Bagel Tuesdays.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Advisor

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Planet Fitness Company Information