24 Hour Fitness

Compare Gyms and Fitness Centers

Research top Gyms and Fitness Centers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I like the amenities. Hot tub, sauna, 24-hour access, the facilities it offers. I like the classes they offer like yoga, boxing, spin cycling and also the exercise machines they have. Customer service is good. It meets my expectations. But I wish they offered better packages and discounts for long term members.

I really like the fact that they are open 24 hours which gives me opportunities to go anytime. I also like the fact that it is good size with so much variety for my workout. Also personal trainers are available if I need some one on one. The cost to own a membership is a bit pricey. Also there are certain times it can get crowded and may have to wait for some machines. Last but not least, to hire a personal trainer is too expensive thru them. But I chose this gym due to its location and it's very convenient for me cause it is near my home and pretty close to my work. I would also like to mention their hours are amazing, anytime. Also, they usually have plenty of parking which is nice.

I chose this gym out of convenience. It works for me and my time. The hours of operation are better than any other gyms. I like that it doesn't have any scheduling conflicts. I can go whenever I have time. I can count on my insomnia to keep me in shape with this gym. I only have to worry about my safety in the parking lot. However, at time the gym can be too crowded. I do not like waiting and hoping for a machine and still never getting to use it. I don't like scheduling around strangers' workout schedules.

24 Hour Fitness has been fantastic to me in every way and I recommend it. I work out there multiple times per week to get more fit. Despite my large size and heavy weight, everyone there cheers me on. Everyone there is very friendly, the staff is great and supportive, the price is low and the equipment is easy to use and reliable plus there's always plenty of stuff to occupy myself with. However, sometimes equipment breaks down for days at a time, which is a shame. Especially because I usually try to focus on some exercises in one day, so having the machine I want to use down is disappointing.

This gym was the most convenient for me and I liked the price point. The hours are great and it’s close to my work. The gym certainly fit my needs and expectations. The gym was easy access and the hours fit well with my schedule. The facility was clean and the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I liked everything about the gym. I wish however it would have more elliptical style equipment. I would also like classes later in the evening to fit with my work schedule.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24 Hour Fitness?

I chose 24 Hour Fitness center because it was recommended by a friend goes there. It's is very clean, organized and easily accessible. Great and pleasant staff. Great equipment, easy to understand, and vast amount of machines to use. The locker room is big, the shower area is clean, and there are always fresh towels. Great location and great pricing. This gym has exceeded my expectations by far. I love this gym and would definitely recommend it to others.

It's always open and conveniently located near my home and has a price I can afford per month. It also has a lot of strength exercise machines, lots of cardio machines, and enough variety to keep me interested. They could have less broken machines and they can also improve on cleanliness of the gym. They also might work on getting in more classes and a bigger class size, or more convenient way of signing up.

They have great customer service. Choose this gym for a good workout, excellent staff and just someplace I could go regularly. It was close and friendly. Plus quite a few of my friends go there so I always have a spotter for myself. It's met my expectations by a long shot. Over other gyms the people don't judge to how long you're there. It's 24/7 so if you work during the night shift it’s perfect, and cheaper than what a lot of gyms offer also. Their policies are straightforward and the machines are just outstanding. Great for cardio, lifting the whole lot. It's a cheap place also so it's not like you're getting ripped off.

I picked 24 Hour Fitness because of its reputation. It has been known to have some of the best Associates and staff that works there and also have clean equipment. Not to mention it's open and convenient at all hours. There's no way to make excuses about not being able to workout plus it has some of the best and newest state of the art equipment. The gym has all the amenities that a person could want and has great locker rooms. If I could have one complaint though it's a lack of parking and at times there's a lot of people there that you wouldn't want going to your lockers.

I like that this gym is open 24 hrs and I have children so being able to go exercise when my husband gets home from work and can sit with the kids no matter what time it is is great. I also like that they have a swimming pool and a sauna as I love to swim. I chose this gym over other gyms because of the convenient locations. I also enjoyed the amount of equipment that was available. At the time I had a membership at this gym it had affordable prices and the staff was great and were willing to listen to what I truly needed to get out of them and the gym. This gym met my expectations at the time I was attending.

If there were anything that I would like to change about the gym it would be maybe making specific rules and regulations that make the gym feel more comfortable for people who don't physically look the greatest and are judged and looked down upon from the men and women who have nice bodies and wear practically nothing to go work out. I have sometimes felt really out of place because I am in sweats and a t-shirt and most of the women have sports bras on and really tight fitting revealing clothes. There were also times I felt like the gym was more of a meat market where people went to hook up rather than exercise. I know I shouldn't let my surroundings affect and bother me but it makes the environment quite uncomfortable when you see certain things going on around you. But pretty good experiences there.

24 Hour Fitness is much better than other gyms that I have used in the past. They have all the latest features I need in a gym. They have great exercise equipment and have everything I am looking for in a place for my workout. They also have great, nice and friendly staff. Always a great experience and overall a great gym.

The advertising we saw was very convincing - We joined at a time that 24 Hour Fitness dominated advertising spots. It used to be very conveniently located to where we used to live and the price was right to join. While certain staff members were really great, polite and professional, other staff members were pretty awful - Some pushed ahead to gain access to equipment or machines. More variety of classes would be nice, cleanliness could be improved as could the general odor of the facility. Nevertheless, the size of the gym and the size of the parking lot were impressive features for being right in the middle of a busy neighborhood. It was also a convenient location, there was a good promotion to join, variety of devices. Overall it was a decent/average facility.

I like that the gym is clean, tidy, lots of free weights and machines available, good management and fun people to be around. Also has good location and aesthetically pleasing. Responds to feedback well. Love the staff. Have made a lot of friends here. But there's not enough amenities. I would like cleaner bathrooms and facilities, and more instructors and classes. I also would like to see yoga and kickboxing aerobic classes available at low cost. Would love to have a pool if possible and more aquatic activities. They need more lighting in certain area and some machines a bit older than others. But it has met my expectations based on price and location.

Facility is huge and up to date with all new features and needs to have a better work out. The employees are friendly. Walking in and checking in is simple, no hassles. Pool's a decent size and is nice and clean. Hottub is great too. Also there are no children like at the YMCA. The locker room is spotless, showers are welcoming towels are always available which is nice if you've forgotten yours.

But even though they say 24 Hour Fitness they are not 24 hours. As a nurse it's nice have a real 24 hour, seven days a week. Also a lot of people, at times I have to wait until or for a machine to open up. They also need to have people clean the equipment better. But overall like it and will keep membership. Planet Fitness is out of date and Gold's is for the meatheads and stuck up people. 24 Hour Fitness is within a mile of my house and can run to it. Price is decent compared to Gold's too.

The gym was always pretty clean and the showers themselves were clean as well. I'm picky about how things smell so they should have had a better air system in the building to filter the air or some industrial air fresheners. Also, there was always this group of guys who were loud and obnoxious. They seemed to be there anytime I went and it made it a little uncomfortable. I'm about 30lbs overweight and I'm a little self conscious. They would all group together and check out the women exercising and give me little smirks. They always made absolutely sure to grunt as loud as they possibly could when lifting weights... even if I could lift the same amount of weights myself without grunting even a little.

But it was closer to home and had really convenient hours of operations. These were the main reasons for me going to this gym. There aren't a lot of gyms in the area where we live so my options were limited. I work odd hours because I'm On-Call so I'm working at all hours of the day and it was open 24hrs which allowed me to go after work.

It is very great clean workout place. Have somewhere to go in middle of night when I cannot sleep and just need a walk on machine. Love the hours most of all. Staff is great and very helpful. Large inside and plenty of equipment to workout with. Love it at the mall here. Sit and talk to friends after workout. Also, I can have the quiet time I have to myself if I choose to go very late at night. Plenty of good lights in the mall lot. Sweet staff to walk me to my car if I need it. However, I miss swimming in a pool and there are no aerobic classes. No place to leave my grandkids while I workout so I can take them elsewhere after I work out. They liked playing in child's room.

There was a sign-up bonus discount for a one-year 24 Hour Fitness membership through my employer that I worked for. It was such a great deal that I couldn't pass it up. I like that there was a very large variety of equipment that was available for my use. I like the fact that I can sweat and cleanse my pores in the sauna and then do laps in the swimming pool before I go home. But the gym is always crowded. I don't like when there's a lot of people because then you have to wait for the workout machines to become available. So, you're standing around wasting time. You have to know when the best time to go is and stick to that time. Other than that, I really enjoyed 24 Hour Fitness.

The swimming pool makes up a large percentage of my decision and my expectations for a gym. I need to complete a great deal of physical therapy on my own time to keep progressing and keep my physical medicine Drs that I am working & strengthening my core. I needed a location close to home and with flexible hours and a swimming pool would be the most welcome accessory to my fitness regimen. Anyone that I meet there is a bonus, for instance in classes and such. They help me to keep coming back and are new friendships on this trek of fitness.

I like the fact that 24 Hour Fitness is so closely located with such great hours. You can usually find what you need all under one roof. If you need a trainer, not a problem. Massage therapy, acupuncture, cupping, even sometimes chiropractics can be found during certain hours and certain locations. There's usually a snack or sports bar that keeps friendly hours and makes healthy smoothies and drinks and all that goes with. Just be prepared to transfer any medical records to any one you would like to see. It's best for all physicians involved in your medical care to see your records also. It keeps you the safest and the healthiest with all health care providers involved. I prefer to pick 1 store and make it my home base. It helps me to feel more comfortable using the "gym" that feels closest to me. I can always turn to that particular gym with any needs.

I dislike when gyms become meat markets. That you feel like you need to look better to go and work out then get the finished product. It makes it hard to get a routine started. Walking into gyms to get healthier is one of the most difficult things to do. That is why I recommended a home base gym or even if you have a partner in arms - whether a best friend or a work out pal, you can spur each other on to better things! It's difficult getting past the first few weeks. Anything to get you through these first six to eight weeks until this becomes a habit is extremely important.

This gym is the best gym to me because of it open availability. It's 24 hours open. Being able to go to the gym any time of the day is great. It makes it easy to go when you have time to. I like how this gym has literally everything you need from ellipticals to treadmills to mountain climbers to weights to saunas. If 24 Hour Fitness expanded the gym itself and had more room to move around and exercise that would be great. They should add more locations as well so the people who attend this gym have a shorter travel time from wherever they are to the gym. But overall, it's the best gym experience ever.

I am a busy wife and mom, and I love to work out. I chose 24 Hour Fitness because this gym fits my lifestyle and needs. I love that they have family and personal memberships. My kids can enjoy fun activities while I am working out. This gym is also open on my schedule. I love the layout of the gym and it has great up to date equipment that is reliable and effective. It also has great features and accommodations. There's no judgmental environment and I love 24 Hour Fitness.

Great variety of group fitness classes with lots of different time slots. The machines were new and well maintained. My facility was clean. I found the staff to be friendly, especially the instructors. I felt like they were well informed and did a nice job ensuring our form was accurate. However, it can get really crowded. During peak times finding even a parking space was difficult. Although incredibly crowded I could still find a workout space. Plus with so many time slots for classes I could usually get a spot and I really like that. One thing I hate though and I know is not specific to only this chain is the contracts. Other than that, it was a good gym. I received a discount in price through my job. The location of the facility worked well for me too.

I chose 24 Hour Fitness over all of the other options because of their low rates for gym membership as well as their location and convenient hours. The overall quality of the gym stood out amongst other gyms. Going to these gyms were always a very pleasant experience but there are very few features of 24 Hour Fitness that I disliked. The cleanliness of the locker rooms and shower area were one thing I would like improved. But there are also many features of it that I thoroughly enjoyed, including the quality of the equipment and staff. The convenient hours were also a big plus.

I really like that I can go there and work out at any point in the day. The people there are always so friendly and ask if I need any pointers on certain machines. I also really enjoy that the machines are always kept so nice and clean. But something that I would improve about the gym is the water fountains because sometimes they do not work or are out of order. I also feel a little weird being there alone during some hours of the night and I often worry about the safety of the place. I also would really enjoy if the changing room areas were kept up a little nicer or maybe add some vending machines with healthier choices for a quick snack after my workout is over because I am often in need of a little bite right after I work out and when I leave the gym there are a bunch of fast food places outside of it so it sometimes makes it hard to stay away from the fast food after my workout.

I chose this gym over others because it is open at all times and it also closer to where I live so I do not have to go too far to get to the gym, I can actually walk to it if I really wanted to do some pre exercise workouts. This gym is overall meeting my expectations because it is an overall friendly and healthy place to work out at and I feel very comfortable being there and the employees also go out of their way to make sure you feel welcome there and make it so easy to come ask them for anything if you need help with something that you are doing that day. I really like this gym and will continu e to use it in the future.

Working out in 24 Hour Fitness was affordable and it was a great place to go to workout anytime I wanted to. The gym was in great shape. It was well taken care of. It was nice to able to have a trainer anytime of the day. I worked out at Gold's and 24 Hour Fitness was way better than there. It was better equipment and a better environment. Being able to have friends to come workout with you was great.

It is a 24 hour gym & it was so much newer and nicer than the other gyms we recently had a membership with. I like all the fitness classes they offered, they had great child care included with your membership and they do a lot of fun physical activities with your kids while you workout! They had all new equipment because they just opened so it was nice to have clean, excellent, working equipment. They had a beautiful indoor Olympic sized pool that was quite lovely as well. Everything always looked clean & well taken care of. They had lots of programs that are there to help newbies with learning how to properly use the equipment.

It was lovely gym, just very very expensive. Also, the 24 hour thing is stupid, who exercises at 2 AM? Their 2 year contract is way too long as well & they push you into a long contract simply by charging a lot less if you commit for longer. I dislike companies that do things like this just because they can. All in all, it's not a terrible gym & I never had any issues with the staff or the equipment or cleanliness, so they met my expectations. However, when my 2 year contract was FINALLY finished, I was happy to finally be done & went back to the place I came to them from originally, the good old YMCA!!!

I use Auto Mall and new center in Newpark Mall. There are always globs of hair in ladies shower and water fountain by the pool is never clean. Filth is growing on it. Manager does not care because he claims to be a very positive person. At new Gym, shower handle in pool area is missing for a while. Since no one can take shower before entering the water, pool and hot tub are getting very dirty. Clothes dryer has been broken for a while, so no towels at the new Gym. Staff seems to be focused on recruiting new members and signing you up for training. Talking to managers never helps, so I am writing this review hope it carried more weight.

I fell in love with the bodypump classes. They were at convenient times so I could get a workout and make it to work. I feft sore in the beginning, but it was worth it. Most people were also friendly when it came to sharing machines, at least the ones that worked. It was extremely close to home but small so not as many features and amenities as the larger gyms. In hindsight it seems like my former gym got the hand-me-downs from the other gyms but I hope it has been updated since my last visit.

I worked there too and on and off the clock. A thing that stuck to me was "hot-shot" members slamming weights down thinking it meant they're super strong; people not racking their weight back in proper place so I had to look for them during my workout; the locker rooms were a bit muggy. I suppose not enough ventilation. Furthermore some machines needed constant repairing.

I liked pretty much every aspect of 24 Hour Fitness. They was plenty of equipment of good quality. The place was huge and had a basketball court and other separate room for cycling or Zumba classes. Despite there being a ton of sweaty people in the gym, the air always seemed pretty fresh and cool so whatever they're doing with their air filtration system is working and the music being played in the gym was good and lively. The only thing I would change about this gym is the price. It was more expensive than some other gyms, but to be honest, in the end it was worth the money for the quality of the gym. It was also in a very convenient location. Honestly, if any other gym other than stupid Planet Fitness was there then I probably would have went there. 24 Hour Fitness not only met my expectations but exceeded them as well and it's a very good well-run gym.

I really enjoyed the fact they have childcare for the kids. I love that they have a swimming pool, sauna, and a steam room. Since it is 24hrs that makes it super awesome. I can squeeze the gym in anytime. They have multiple locations which makes it easy to go to the gym while traveling. The staff is very nice and helpful. I like that you get a free consultation from a trainer. I like that they also have showers and provide you with towels. But I wish you didn't need a bank account to sign up. I love the prepaid method better. I also wish that you can use your membership at all locations regardless of where you signed up. Nevertheless, they have exercise class every month that's included in your membership. They have cool gym gear and they clean all workout utensils on a regular.

The gym is spacious, clean, and it helped me lose 45 lbs. Classes are fun and if I stay focused with weights, it's worth my time. I like the spin classes and aerobics that fit people that don't exercise. I also like that the locker rooms are clean, as well as the nice people that work at the gym and are very helpful. They also provide merchandise for home that is worth my time. However, there are no sanitizer to clean space and towels near the weights. Also, the cost of trainers can be elitist at times and the gym can seem scary and not fun that make me not want to be there.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

24 Hour Fitness offers over 400 gym locations in 13 states, including California, Colorado, Florida, Hawaii, Maryland, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Washington and Virginia.

• GX24 classes: 24 Hour Fitness offers group exercise classes in four categories: Burn, Intensity, Strength and Bliss. Each class is taught by a trained instructor and offers motivation and community to help you meet your fitness goals.
  • Fit:Perks Rewards: Members can sign up for the free Fit:Perks Rewards program, which allows you to earn points for working out and participating in 24 Hour Fitness’s social media channels. Points are redeemable for sweepstakes entries, giveaways, discounts and promotions.
  • My24 app: 24 Hour Fitness helps you stay organized to reach your fitness goals with its My24 app. The app allows you to view updated class schedules, join challenges, set and conquer goals, link other fitness apps and wearable devices and more.
  • Training Club 24: For clients who enjoy competition, 24 Hour Fitness’s Training Club 24 lets you compete in team workouts that build in intensity every week. Coaches help teams set and meet goals.
  • Kids’ Club: Children up to age 12 can attend the Kids’ Club, which features CPR- and First Aid-certified attendants, a fast and secure check-in process and active play. Members can purchase single Kids’ Club visits or add monthly payments to their membership plans.
  • Best for fitness novices, athletes, fitness buffs and parents.

Compare Gyms and Fitness Centers