3.66/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 13, 2017

1163 24 Hour Fitness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: July 16, 2017

The equipment is relatively average and the same you would find at competing gyms, mainstream and local. I would add racket ball and swimming pools. Plus would upgrade the showers, sauna and the provided toiletries to a higher level of excellence. Less truck stop cheap feel more high end hotel feel. But the hours are what sells this for me. I work odd hours being a parent and I appreciate the hours the most. They give me full range to come in whenever it is specifically convenient for me. I love that.

Original review: July 15, 2017

The fact that 24 Hour Fitness is always open is the biggest benefit. I like being able to workout at any time of day. The cost makes it a good value as well. I especially like that most locations near me have a pool, and being able to get a workout in. There are really convenient locations near me and in locations that I frequent. There is also one near my work which makes it especially convenient when I may not be really motivated. Based on these things alone the gym meets my expectations. However I’ve had a couple of billing issues which were resolved but were inconvenient. I've also found a couple of times that there weren't enough towels and cleaner to wipe down the machines. Also the racquetball courts are a really nice benefit but are always full.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I love that I can go there any day of the week or weekends nearly any time of day and work out exactly what muscle groups I want to hit that given day with my trainer. I can even go in the middle of the night. I also liked that it was so astronomically much cheaper. I love the cool top 40 radio station music and songs they play and that they have every single machine that I enjoy using on a daily basis. They didn't have a group class room though.

Original review: July 15, 2017

I'm a bartender so I work crazy hours and this gym is perfect for my work schedule. Sometimes I get out at three or four in the morning and I'm just not tired enough to go home and go right to sleep so I'll go for a workout and then by the time I get home and shower I'm all ready to get right in bed. With this gym, I can choose to go when it's convenient for me! Also, because the gym is always opened, it's not constantly crowded because people don't have the pressure of going at crammed in scheduled times. There's also no pressure for a rushed workout which is huge!! I can work at my own pace without racing against the clock!!!

Tanning booths are extremely important to me and I don't like having to wait forever because there's only one available for the entire gym! I feel like a gym opened 24 hours should have multiple tanning booths so it's not an inconvenience for the customers. Sometimes I'd have to just not go tanning as much as I wanted to because I wasn't coming back again just to use the tanning booth after my workout time was completed. If I'm paying for this service, It shouldn't have to become a habit for me to either wait to start working out, wait after my workout, or just have to leave and not tan because I can't wait for the list of people signed up before me considering there's only one booth available.

Original review: July 15, 2017

A friend of mine like it and works out there and invited me to join her. Working out with friends makes it more fun but I probably would not work out there without her. They have terrible parking which can be discouraging when finding motivation to go. They also have expensive trainer costs compared to other similar gyms, making it feel like that service is unobtainable. But I like the selection of fitness equipment. Also, it is located in a central place, and is a big size. The gym had a pool and an outdoor workout area. Outdoor portion had heavy equipment and TRX. I liked the size of their cardio area as well.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about 24 Hour Fitness?

Original review: July 14, 2017

For the most part I really like this gym. I feel they do a good job on just about every front. They offer a great start up promotions and I feel that I am able to get into shape with no judgment. They just need to enforce the wipe down policy. It seems people use equipment and never wipe it down after. That is gross and not okay. But the staff is wonderful, friendly and oh so helpful. They offer good suggestions and other advice on ways to get into shape.

Original review: July 14, 2017

24 Hour Fitness was close to my home and I was given a membership. The gym meet my expectations. I was expecting to use equipment and theirs was always in great condition. I was expecting to take YOGA classes and there were many times to choose from. The YOGA instructor was nice. I love that I have access anytime, day or night, and the classes and times scheduled for classes easily fit into my lifestyle. They are clean and their equipment is always in good repair. Staff are friendly and helpful. However, I need a month to month option that does not break the bank. A monthly fee of $10-20 would fit my family's budget better. Also, location is a main factor that would have to change so I could rejoin the 24 Hour Gyms. I have also moved towns and there are no 24 Hour Gyms where I live now.

Original review: July 14, 2017

I chose this gym because it was inexpensive. I like that they are open 24 hours, convenient, and they were close to my house. I also like that they had a lot of cardio equipment. However, they did not have many classes. I like yoga and Zumba but they did not have that. Also, the decor was boring and it did not seem very personal. They did not have helpful staff either. Overall, they did not meet my expectations because it was so plain, uninspiring and not creative.

Original review: July 13, 2017

24 Hour Fitness has met my expectations in price, quality, and availability. It was convenient to home and work and had lots of parking close to the facility. It has quality facility with great personnel. The equipment is well maintained and for the most part available all the time. I like that the gym is very large and has a basketball court, racquet courts, and a pool. I also like that it is spread out and not congested on the gym floor. Locker rooms are large with several showers and steam room. However, the bathrooms and locker room are crowded and there are not enough lockers during peak time. Also, the sauna was not working for weeks. I would prefer a steam room. The dedicated personal training area is too large but I understand that is where the real money is made.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I chose 24 Hour Fitness because that is my favorite out of all the gyms. I really enjoy this gym because of the 24 hours and it has definitely met my expectations. Every time I go, there is hardly anyone in there. I hate going to a gym that is crowded with people and I don't like working out when a bunch of people are looking at me. I wish they offered classes and training though. That's the unfortunate thing about 24 hour gyms, there isn't always someone there to assist you. Otherwise, it is great!

Original review: July 13, 2017

Me and my husband came to this gym because we were meeting a friend who lived in the area to work out with them. The gym was clean and all of the machines were awesome. There were lots of free weights, everyone was super friendly and the location was perfect. Would definitely go there again.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I like the variety of machines to suit every individual own needs. Personal trainer are there to help you if you would like them to help you out. They aren't judgmental and are willing to work with me on my weaknesses. Their loyalty program is rewarding and they don't pressure you into signing up for things you don't need. They are very professional and take your business very seriously. The staff are very helpful and the facility offers more amenities than others. Also have indoor heated pool and a basketball court area. They also have machines that I am more comfortable working with.

But I don't like that they don't really offer discount regularly and wish some places were consistent in what they offer. In some places they offer certain things but in other places they don't so I have to drive to the one that has what I want. Also, they could maybe offer a discount for younger kids that want to join the gym. My kids want to go too but because there's nothing to offer kids they won't go.

Original review: July 12, 2017

The gym is extremely clean and that they offer so many options and plans. Also, the employees there really care about your health and well-being and are very helpful. The equipment seems up-to-date and well-managed too. I would choose this gym over any other because it is open twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. But have employees be there twenty four hours day. There were times I needed help and no one was there, or add more employees.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Cancellation Nightmare! Stay Away! I joined 24 Hour Fitness in Temecula a little over a year ago. My commute was 1+ hours each way and this was the only big gym in Temecula. I chose a month to month plan since places like these are so difficult to cancel. Starting late last year, I was able to work from home and didn't need to use 24 Hour as much. In January I asked the people at the club to cancel my membership and was told everything was good to go. In June I got a call saying I was past due $45-$50 on the account and had to pay. I called back in and spoke with someone and explained I cancelled in person. They said they called the club and "had no records" of this happening. I asked to cancel the membership, but had to pay a past due amount and a penalty fee, the latter which was waived.

Fast forward to today, I receive a call saying I owe them $110! I call back in, and after 30+ minutes on hold was told that "the rep wasn't legally able to finish the cancellation since the call disconnected." I said this was a lie, they collected $34.99 from me to cancel, and to pull the call. After escalating to management, they finally pulled the call. "After reviewing the call and verifying the cancellation was complete, you ended the call, so they weren't able to finish it." So... the cancellation was verified but they did not submit it. They wanted to charge me for June and July dues, plus the July annual fee! They were so very, very nice in offering to waive $30 in fees, so they ended up defrauding me of another $75. I will never, ever again work with such a shady business that offers zero way to cancel online, offers zero way to cancel in person, makes it exceedingly difficult to even contact a human, then lie about the cancellations.

Original review: July 11, 2017

The gym is Closest to my house than any other gym and is Open 24 hours so I can go any time of day. The gym also has great customer service and is always clean. The gym also has lots of Convenient locations around the city so I can go near work or near home. The equipment is also very clean and not too crowded. The gyms are all different qualities so some locations have better equipment than others. The pool is also unclean sometimes and the gym staff can be rude sometimes during busy rush hours. But other gyms are very very very expensive and this place always has good deals.

Original review: July 11, 2017

The location to home and hours open were the determinants for choosing this gym. Plus there are some hot men who work out there and I hope to take on home soon for a private workout. The hours of operation make getting to the gym on my schedule easier than using the gym at work between 7 and 6 and I don't have to get my work gear nasty. Cleaner facilities would be nice though. More frequent cleaning makes people feel better about working up a sweat on the machines 100 other people already used before they got there.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I like the amenities. Hot tub, sauna, 24-hour access, the facilities it offers. I like the classes they offer like yoga, boxing, spin cycling and also the exercise machines they have. Customer service is good. It meets my expectations. But I wish they offered better packages and discounts for long term members.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I really like the fact that they are open 24 hours which gives me opportunities to go anytime. I also like the fact that it is good size with so much variety for my workout. Also personal trainers are available if I need some one on one. The cost to own a membership is a bit pricey. Also there are certain times it can get crowded and may have to wait for some machines. Last but not least, to hire a personal trainer is too expensive thru them. But I chose this gym due to its location and it's very convenient for me cause it is near my home and pretty close to my work. I would also like to mention their hours are amazing, anytime. Also, they usually have plenty of parking which is nice.

Original review: July 10, 2017

I chose this gym out of convenience. It works for me and my time. The hours of operation are better than any other gyms. I like that it doesn't have any scheduling conflicts. I can go whenever I have time. I can count on my insomnia to keep me in shape with this gym. I only have to worry about my safety in the parking lot. However, at time the gym can be too crowded. I do not like waiting and hoping for a machine and still never getting to use it. I don't like scheduling around strangers' workout schedules.

Original review: July 9, 2017

24 Hour Fitness has been fantastic to me in every way and I recommend it. I work out there multiple times per week to get more fit. Despite my large size and heavy weight, everyone there cheers me on. Everyone there is very friendly, the staff is great and supportive, the price is low and the equipment is easy to use and reliable plus there's always plenty of stuff to occupy myself with. However, sometimes equipment breaks down for days at a time, which is a shame. Especially because I usually try to focus on some exercises in one day, so having the machine I want to use down is disappointing.

Original review: July 9, 2017

This gym was the most convenient for me and I liked the price point. The hours are great and it’s close to my work. The gym certainly fit my needs and expectations. The gym was easy access and the hours fit well with my schedule. The facility was clean and the staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. I liked everything about the gym. I wish however it would have more elliptical style equipment. I would also like classes later in the evening to fit with my work schedule.

Original review: July 9, 2017

I chose 24 Hour Fitness center because it was recommended by a friend goes there. It's is very clean, organized and easily accessible. Great and pleasant staff. Great equipment, easy to understand, and vast amount of machines to use. The locker room is big, the shower area is clean, and there are always fresh towels. Great location and great pricing. This gym has exceeded my expectations by far. I love this gym and would definitely recommend it to others.

Original review: July 9, 2017

It's always open and conveniently located near my home and has a price I can afford per month. It also has a lot of strength exercise machines, lots of cardio machines, and enough variety to keep me interested. They could have less broken machines and they can also improve on cleanliness of the gym. They also might work on getting in more classes and a bigger class size, or more convenient way of signing up.

Original review: July 8, 2017

They have great customer service. Choose this gym for a good workout, excellent staff and just someplace I could go regularly. It was close and friendly. Plus quite a few of my friends go there so I always have a spotter for myself. It's met my expectations by a long shot. Over other gyms the people don't judge to how long you're there. It's 24/7 so if you work during the night shift it’s perfect, and cheaper than what a lot of gyms offer also. Their policies are straightforward and the machines are just outstanding. Great for cardio, lifting the whole lot. It's a cheap place also so it's not like you're getting ripped off.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I picked 24 Hour Fitness because of its reputation. It has been known to have some of the best Associates and staff that works there and also have clean equipment. Not to mention it's open and convenient at all hours. There's no way to make excuses about not being able to workout plus it has some of the best and newest state of the art equipment. The gym has all the amenities that a person could want and has great locker rooms. If I could have one complaint though it's a lack of parking and at times there's a lot of people there that you wouldn't want going to your lockers.

Original review: July 8, 2017

I like that this gym is open 24 hrs and I have children so being able to go exercise when my husband gets home from work and can sit with the kids no matter what time it is is great. I also like that they have a swimming pool and a sauna as I love to swim. I chose this gym over other gyms because of the convenient locations. I also enjoyed the amount of equipment that was available. At the time I had a membership at this gym it had affordable prices and the staff was great and were willing to listen to what I truly needed to get out of them and the gym. This gym met my expectations at the time I was attending.

If there were anything that I would like to change about the gym it would be maybe making specific rules and regulations that make the gym feel more comfortable for people who don't physically look the greatest and are judged and looked down upon from the men and women who have nice bodies and wear practically nothing to go work out. I have sometimes felt really out of place because I am in sweats and a t-shirt and most of the women have sports bras on and really tight fitting revealing clothes. There were also times I felt like the gym was more of a meat market where people went to hook up rather than exercise. I know I shouldn't let my surroundings affect and bother me but it makes the environment quite uncomfortable when you see certain things going on around you. But pretty good experiences there.

Original review: July 7, 2017

I chose my gym membership with 24 Hour Fitness based on a previous experience with them and also the location close to me. I was at a very local gym before but it wasn't taken care of well and the staff lacked anything more than punching a clock. I appreciated the staff at 24 Hour Fitness much more. Also, they have convenient locations that enable me to stop before work, during lunch or after work. I am never too far from a location. I also like that they have different type of facilities with some having more amenities. The gym with a pool may be a bit further than I would normally travel but have access to a pool is a life saver. However, I would prefer the facility with a pool to be a bit closer. It helps my health tremendously. A premium experience near my downtown work location would be a great help so that I can have concierge services and so forth.

Original review: July 7, 2017

24 Hour Fitness is much better than other gyms that I have used in the past. They have all the latest features I need in a gym. They have great exercise equipment and have everything I am looking for in a place for my workout. They also have great, nice and friendly staff. Always a great experience and overall a great gym.

Original review: July 7, 2017

The advertising we saw was very convincing - We joined at a time that 24 Hour Fitness dominated advertising spots. It used to be very conveniently located to where we used to live and the price was right to join. While certain staff members were really great, polite and professional, other staff members were pretty awful - Some pushed ahead to gain access to equipment or machines. More variety of classes would be nice, cleanliness could be improved as could the general odor of the facility. Nevertheless, the size of the gym and the size of the parking lot were impressive features for being right in the middle of a busy neighborhood. It was also a convenient location, there was a good promotion to join, variety of devices. Overall it was a decent/average facility.

Original review: July 6, 2017

I like that the gym is clean, tidy, lots of free weights and machines available, good management and fun people to be around. Also has good location and aesthetically pleasing. Responds to feedback well. Love the staff. Have made a lot of friends here. But there's not enough amenities. I would like cleaner bathrooms and facilities, and more instructors and classes. I also would like to see yoga and kickboxing aerobic classes available at low cost. Would love to have a pool if possible and more aquatic activities. They need more lighting in certain area and some machines a bit older than others. But it has met my expectations based on price and location.

24 Hour Fitness Company Information