1.07/5
Based on 41 reviews that contain star ratings

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

43 Boston Sports Clubs Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

The Group Ex Studios have had increasingly terrible HVAC. For a few years it was just overly warm. Now we have had a humidity monitor in the room for the last week and one day it was 73% humidity. The next class it read 93%! Constantly being told it's being worked on, but it's been at least 3 years now. This was at the Davis Square, Somerville location

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I was a member of Boston Sports Club at Wellington Circle in Medford. I was unimpressed by the gym from the beginning with their lack of welcome after signing up for the gym. The facility is a nice facility and I enjoyed the fitness instructors. I left the gym ultimately because I was extremely frustrated by their customer service. I was considering increasing my membership to their "Passport" level in order to access other gyms and because of a potential corporate discount through my company.

I was in communication with Shana ** at the Prudential location. The communication from Shana about the opportunity was very cumbersome and slow. My co workers and I had to repeatedly email Shana about the opportunity for several months reminding her and asking questions. During this time, I froze my membership at my local BSC location while I waited for a concrete answer. When I finally did receive a reply and found out a corporate discount would not be possible, I decided to cancel my membership overall on 11/29/18. I requested my membership to be cancelled directly by emailing Kerri **. I did not receive a confirmation email that my membership had been cancelled.

I did, however, get an email that appeared like an invoice for a $10 cancellation fee without further acknowledgment of cancellation. I was charged an additional $16 and wrote to BSC via the main contact us page (https://www.bostonsportsclubs.com/contact-us) because I had not heard back from Kerri **. I did not hear back from this channel either. Next, I emailed the Back Bay/Prudential location with my frustration and asked to confirm my cancellation. I received a reply with an apology and was told to go in person to cancel my membership.

I later received an email to an alternate email address that was an unidentified invoice for $0. I called the number on the invoice and it was the BSC Prudential location. I was able to speak to someone and asked for an explanation of the invoice and why I had a charge that was not my regular amount on my account. They mentioned that the invoice seemed to be a mistake but they were unsure about the other charge. They were able to confirm my cancellation and mentioned that I still had access to the gym since my cancellation.

Later I received an email from Kerri ** with an all caps subject line "WE DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU GO" asking if there was anything they could do to keep me as a member and for my feedback. I wrote out my frustration with the poor communication from the club and unclear billing. Our communication went back and forth and I had to repeatedly ask for the same clarification on billing which was repeatedly left unanswered. Kerri ** emails were rude and unhelpful.

I received an out of office reply on my last email that provided another contact Jordan **. I emailed Jordan who was prompt and helpful when replying until 12/17. I circled back for an answer on 12/19 and did not receive a reply. I later received the same "WE DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU GO" email from Jordan's account today on 1/4/19. I responded to it saying my concerns had already been expressed and that I never received a reply. I did receive an apology for the late response and a clarification.

I am very happy to finally cancel my membership with BSC and to be done with their customer service. I recently joined my local YMCA and have been much more impressed by their staff and communication and I feel a lot better supporting my local community programming. Do yourself a favor and check out your local YMCA first. BSC is a disappointment and based on the many reviews that mention the names of these particular staff members, they are not looking to improve.

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Overcharged and pending credit over 4 months. This is unfortunately my 2nd time dealing with BSC and their inability to deliver service they advertise, I referred two people. Never received a credit for any of the referrals, despite me reaching out on several times and speaking directly to managers. One of the people I referred my spouse was overcharged and never credited the correct full amount.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2018

I just noticed my membership went up with no notification. The front desk says they have nothing to do with it - it's all up to corporate. Club has really limited classes and many are taught by the same instructor which is boring. Guess it's time to move on! Not worth the increase.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

I too have had issues with this fitness center overcharging or charging for services not received. I was a member for 14 months. I physically went to the gym to cancel my membership as I was told that this could not be done online. The manager told me I would have to pay one additional month (October 2018) and that would be it. I get a charge for an additional $16.33 for November and was told by BSC that I didn't give 45 days notice as required by the contract so they prorated the first 8 days in November. Lo and Behold, I have another charge for an additional $10 posted on my charge account for another $10. Any guesses on what this is for? I have no idea. Bottom line, stay away from this gym and save yourself a lot of money. There are other options out there that are better.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Boston Sports Clubs?

Original review: Oct. 18, 2018

Boston Sports Club's customer relations or billing ethics is not any concern of theirs. The only recourse is to report any over charges or any inappropriate charges at all to your credit card company and also to the office of Consumer Affairs to your State's Attorney General's office. And contacting a local television's consumer concern reporter. If these agencies receive enough complaints then PERHAPS BSC will change their ways.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

I have been a member of this gym for about 3 years. I recently noticed that my fee increased, so I called to inquire about it and to cancel my membership (I wasn't going enough to be worth paying nearly 50$ a month for). Each time I called, I was told the manager was busy and that they'd call back. I never received a call back from a manager. I kept calling and didn't get through to a manager until September, about a month after I began calling. I finally canceled my account and they told me it would be a 30$ charge.

Several days later, I noticed a 50$ charge on my account. I called again and was told this was the annual charge, although they also told me I'm in the middle of my contract year, so I'm not sure why I'd be getting a charge in the middle of the contract. I explained that I had been calling for a month to cancel the membership and that if I had heard back from a membership when I first called, I wouldn't have the September charge or the annual charge. They just told me I wasn't getting any money back. They were rude and it was clear they only care about money and not the welfare of their customers. Steer clear of this business.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2018

I have called Boston Sports Club, Westborough, MA numerous time and each time get a new person, they are rude and don't want to cancel the account but instead say they will charge me additional money. I have not been active in there for over a year now and have been consistently paying. I even called the head office and someone was supposed to reach out to me and no one did. I am very disappointed with the customer service of this club.

Original review: July 12, 2018

This was not a great week for us at BSC, Lexington. We've been longtime loyal members supporting the club through regular attendance at the gym and the classes, my daughter over 10 years and me around 5 years. We've made many wonderful friends but this week something happened that changed our outlook of the club. You see my daughter suffers from anxiety and depression so using the gym is a fundamental part of her overall mental health. For 10 years she used the gym undisturbed and just going about her business but the staff had no idea about her disability.

Anyway, one evening this week I received a call from her cell phone. She was clearly distressed and screaming, "Dad a man is disrespecting me in the gym." Without hesitation I jumped into my car and sped quickly to see what was going on. Upon arrival at BSC, Lexington I found her near the entrance sobbing her heart out. There were no staff consoling her. Just the general public. She had just finished using an elliptical machine and in her haste forgot to clean it down as we sometimes do. An older man who had been using another elliptical machine, left his machine, waited for her to finish up in the ladies room, then chased and stalked her up the stairs and confronted in a loud voice at the front desk, yelling, "You did not clean your machine down."

In the meantime the staff heard the exchange and did nothing about it. Clearly my daughter's anxiety flew into overdrive and all she could see and hear is this huge older man pursuing her. So when I arrived she escorted me in her distressed state to the older man who was still working out on the machine. As a father of a disabled child I was firstly surprised at the lack of attention from the floor staff who clearly must have seen what was happening. So I did what any dad would do. I confronted the creep, grabbed him by the shirt collar and I warned that if he ever treated my daughter like that again he would feel my wrath. Clearly, he was shaken by this time as all bullies are.

This finally got the attention of staff who escorted my daughter and I out of the gym to one of the offices. In the meantime we were told the man would be escorted out and barred from the gym. We called the police as well who were helpful given the situation and escorted the man out of the gym. Bottomline: The gym manager called me the next day to say my membership would be revoked for threatening physical violence but that the offender would continue his membership. My daughter and I argued that the man could have brought the matter to the attention of the staff instead of stalking and yelling at her all the way to front desk.

There are multiple machines scattered around the gym so this could have been avoided. In my opinion, this clearly indicates weaknesses in the BSC Lexington club procedures. It is not entirely safe or sympathetic or mindful of the safety of young girls and women since they should have at a minimum recognized what was happening and acted swiftly. Instead the offender creep was allowed to continue working out undisturbed until I decided to act. In the meantime I've lost my membership and my daughter canceled hers citing lack of safety for people like her. Shame on you BSC, Lexington. This should never happen to anyone again.

Original review: May 29, 2018

If you have to save your money and time, steer clear of this business. We went to inquire and were lured to use their $1 each for 2 months no contract scheme to try their business and if we liked it, we were going to be enrolled. Until today I have not expressed my like in any form or factor, however noticed that my card on file was charged an annual fee the end of the first month. There was no communication prior and I just discovered I was charged while checking my expenses. When I called the desk at Westborough to understand how this could have happened, the tone in which I was handled switched from the sweet talks that were used to sell to, there is no way out, no way you will be refunded even if you chose to give up on the trial period and did not want to use the premise.

All this when I have no binding with Boston Sports Club. The manager Tom said and I quote "yes ma'am, you can write scores of reviews on Yelp or anywhere you choose and we are used to that. You are not getting your money back". Looks like they have chosen to make money by pilfering from people instead of providing service as that is something they are not capable of. Steer clear of this business as they definitely waste your time.

Original review: March 24, 2018

HORRIBLE!!! Unscrupulous customer service and business practices!! I called the last week of February to freeze my membership. I spoke to Howard, after I gave him my name and he looked me up, he recognized me right away. He asked me what was going on, and I explained my situation. He said, "No problem I'll put it in the computer right away, you're all set." I was charged my full membership rate for March. I called BSC Lynnfield, and as soon as someone answered I asked to speak to a manager. She would NOT hand me over to a manager until I explained exactly why I wanted to speak to a manager. I went through my entire story, she looked me up in the computer (after I spelled out my last name and she repeated it back to me), and told me I was not in their system. After a few more tries she located my account and told me there was no note in my account about requesting a freeze on my membership.

I became quite frustrated, and I waited on the phone while she explained my situation to a manager. The manager got on the phone and asked me what was going on. He acted as if he had ZERO knowledge as to why I was calling. I heard the employee tell him exactly why I was calling. So, again I go through why I am calling. He completely disregarded me, and absolutely refused to believe that I did in fact have a phone conversation with Howard in February. This is just inexcusable!!! He was rude and disrespectful. He told me there was nothing he could do, except offer me a credit for a month after my freeze was over.

A future credit absolutely does not excuse the carelessness and attitude I received. I was told the only way to cancel my membership was in person. I went in this morning to cancel, and the girl behind the desk hit a few buttons on the computer and told me I was all set. I said, "That's it, I don't need to sign anything." She told me, "No." That was a complete waste of my time!!! Of course this could have been done over the phone. Their business practices, communication and customer service are simply a joke!

Original review: March 18, 2018

I have used five different BSC sites, and use the South End and Wellesley facilities weekly. Each one has its good points. Some are clean, some seem to keep their machines working pretty well. But there is an underlying lack of responsiveness to all consumer concerns. Sometimes, it is a lack of cleanliness, or the absence of towels, or machines that have been broken for a month, or televisions tuned to an infomercial channel that can't be changed. Repeated calls and emails to managers go unreturned. You are told "the contract is online" without any verification, and certainly nothing in writing.

When I upgraded my membership to join the Wellesley club, I was told, twice, that there would be no charge except for the monthly fee increase. I laughed: why would they expect me to pay extra in order to have the privilege of paying more each month? I laughed until I got my credit card statement with a $69.99 charge. Multiple emails and phone calls have not been returned. I will go there in person and I'm sure I will hear that this is something I agreed to. But it isn't.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Wellington Circle Boston Sports Club - I had a membership from 2016-2017 end of the contract. I called in July 2017. Told that was fine and that my membership was cancelled. They have continued to bill me. Have talked to Dan ** who now says you have to send a certified letter. They even sent me a letter saying as a "former member" but now they are saying it never happened. They will not let me quit. I called three times yesterday and they put me on hold. If they ever did pick up the phone they were rude and basically bullied. "You cannot do it without this additional letter, we need to review it to find out if you owe us any more money."

It's nothing but a scam. They also lied and said that I yelled at someone, how can you do it when they just put you on hold. Our only hope is the Dept of Consumer Protection and the Attorney General's office. they still will NOT let me quit. There also is a Nicole that would not let me quit. This is against the law. I have NEVER dealt with such mean and bullying people.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

Wellington Circle, Medford, MA - In mid-July I went in person to the front desk and canceled my membership. Now is September and they still charging my debit card monthly. They told me that I was all set canceling my membership back then. Trying to resolve it today (09/02/17)... No use. Horrible customer service from management. I felt like I was lying about the whole situation. Just ridiculous. Manager was very rude. I checked other reviews from this establishment, and looks like I'm not alone. There are so many complaints about them. I wished I knew it before signing a contract in the first place. Horrible experience. Nobody needs this type of service.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

It is a nightmare to cancel, I've tried multiple times to cancel my account, but it happens that whenever I call to cancel "the person who does it" is never in... A month later I was finally able to cancel, July 25th and 6 days later was billed the $49.95 annual fee and $29.95 cancellation fee. I am fine with the cancellation fee but being billed for an annual fee for something I have been trying to cancel for over a month is a little absurd. My charges also increased from $19.95 to $29.95 monthly without a notice. Yes I did check my emails for the "mass email sent to all BSC members". I did not receive one. I called the 1-800 number and Karen was quite frank about it. Stating it is my fault for not canceling before July, and the mass email was sent a month before the charges increased, sounded like she was reading a script meant for every customer that calls with the same issue.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2017

The Health club charges a lot. I joined for the warm pool due to needing it for physical therapy. Most people using pool are there for orthopedic issues as it's a therapeutic pool. There are very limited hours for adults to use this pool and this is not advertised when joining. Pool hours are geared toward swim lessons and Kids swim hours and only 3 to 4 hours a day are allotted to adults for adult swim.

During adult swim, every weekend, there is a man with autism who screams constantly and at times grabs or hits people in pool. His mom swims and pays little attention to him, causing him to act out more. When they arrive, the warm pool clears out, limiting adult swim hours more. Management has told me they receive numerous complaints about this and will speak to mom about supervising the man. They have not done their job to manage this and it is unsafe and unpleasant to be in the pool. Since I work during weekdays, weekends are the only time I Can access pool, I've discontinued membership due to such limited access and safety issue.

Original review: April 9, 2017

I have belonged to this group of fitness clubs for ten years in Washington, Philadelphia, and currently Boston. The Downtown Crossing location of Boston Sports Club is among the worst locations I have visited. Most issues stem from management's laziness. The free weights are not cleaned regularly to the point where it is possible to smell them from ten feet away. The men's locker room is often in disarray over the weekends with locker doors hanging off of their hinges, dirty towels laying all over the room, and standing pools of water near the shower area.

The shower stalls themselves are an absolute mess. There are swarms of living flies in the stalls and members smash them against the shower walls which are never cleaned. In addition to the dead bugs, it's easy to tell that the staff doesn't clean the stalls because there has been a wet paper towel on the floor of one of the stalls every day for the past two weeks.

Since management doesn't employ a cleaning person during the weekend, the locker room just gets worse and worse despite multiple staff members being on duty who are otherwise unoccupied and could clean up instead of sitting around. The conditions are so bad that this past weekend, one of the three toilets was clearly out of order, but used by a member anyway. Instead of fixing this or at least blocking off the area, the problem just sat there and will likely remain that way until Monday. In addition to just being generally disgusting, these things are health hazards.

The worst part about this gym is that there is a well documented and chronic condition of laziness on the part of management. Read these reviews or those on Yelp and Google. There's nothing worse than a gym whose management is clearly aware of these types of issues and too lazy to do anything about it. That says everything you need to know in terms of how they view their patrons.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2016

Horrible services - the staff are rude, impatient and all I do is see them standing around talking. No one is ever actually working. Whenever a customer has an issue, the staff hide in the back office and pretend that they are busy. One of the front desk staff Nicole clearly does drugs - she can't even stand to check you in and slurs all her words. An absolute disgrace. The bathrooms are absolutely disgusting. There is never hair conditioner, ever. The sauna and steam room are broken at LEAST twice a month...

Such a waste of money for "extra amenities" that are never available for use. The hot tub is also almost always out of service so that's another wasted amenity charge. There is always confusion with credit card charges, freezing, canceling, adding or editing the account. They are only concerned with getting money and not being ripped off. Yet the consumers yet nothing in return, horrible customer service and little to offer at over charged prices. What a disgrace. Can't wait for latitude sports clubs to gain more popularity in the area, Boston sports club sucks.

Original review: May 3, 2016

It's the worst BSC you can ever find it!!! It's huge, however poor, dishonest staffs. I walked in with my friend and we wanted to have 3 days trial period! They told us they don't have it! He told us we can sign up for paying $50 and if we don't like it within first week we can cancel it! It has 3 months I still couldn't cancel it and let it stay there!!! I don't care even it goes to collection!!! Staff is not helpful. They will do anything to sign you up! Branch manager Phill wasn't helpful either! So good luck!!! Find yourself a better gym where they can take care of you!!!

Original review: April 9, 2016

To be sure, the main reason I started BSC years ago was its proximity to work, that and the fact that I can use NYSC when I am in New Jersey are the only reasons I still have a membership. Among other things they recently dropped the guest feature of my membership which I would use a few times a month when my partner visited me. We argued at the front desk but were just told there was nothing they could do because it was a rule sent down by "corporate". Likewise, my partner was using NYSC and had been using a trainer there for months - he learned that the trainer was receiving only 30% of what he paid, so he canceled and now sees the same guy at a different gym, saving a lot of money overall.

BSC Lexington was where I started. It was small to begin with, but when they insisted on inserting their green carpeted cross-fit area, the place became a nightmare - you couldn't even move between equipment. In the summers they have a "summer camp" for kids, which absorbs a portion of the already limited parking with an activity area and tent, and they open their outdoor pool to the public, so they are making more money, and mini-vans typically take up every available space at the time I'm getting out of work - and I'm the one with a membership, but of course they don't care if I can't park.

BSC Waltham has only slightly more equipment but the layout is much larger so it's easier to maneuver. Even with the large staff, they're typically just sitting around, meanwhile the locker room has a pile of used towels so high that you're in danger of an avalanche. I was a member at Work Out World for over two years. The location I went to had a LOT of equipment, some older but always well-maintained, locker rooms were gross but not unlike any other gym, and you didn't get a free towel service. But for only $10 per month and a $45-year fee, I could afford to buy a new towel each time I went. I had heard some horror stories about ending the WOW membership as well, but I simply did what they asked and wrote a letter to the company requesting cancellation and it was done - no problems. I'm astonished at the number of complaints about billing issues that some agency hasn't stepped in to do something.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2016

Unlawful, hostile workout environment at the Boston Sports Club. The unprofessional behavior by the staff and gym members. I truly believe this is a political issues and discrimination because no one should be singled out everyone should be treated fairly since I am paying a monthly fee of $68.00. I trained with a personal trainer in 2014 and my sessions was cancelled numerous times. And at one session, another person was training with me on my session that I paid for. And when I check-in at the front desk, the staff has this tendency of touching my hands, constant mocking when I hand over my key card.

It happened for the past year or 2, women in the locker room airing their naked body which is disrespectful. I was attack by one of their members and I believe the person is a staff at the club, I cannot confirm at this time. I truly believe this is discrimination against me. I don't think anyone has the right to harass someone. It is considered a crime. I did report it to the police but the outcome was I do not have enough evidence but the individual has made attempts towards me in the gym. I believe I have all rights to workout at any facilities and not be discriminated. It's unfair, unprofessional. Please address this problem.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2016

My daughter (15) signed up for $29.95 a month and paid the extra $10 to bring a guest. The single rate was $19.95. I went last week and they tell me "we changed the plan... you cannot bring REPEAT guests anymore." Really? Now they won't honor the $19.95 single rate that she could have signed up for!!! They said the new single rate is $29.95. I am furious. Who brings a "different" guest every time they go to the gym! Her guest was typically me... her mother! Besides, the girl at the front desk is RUDE RUDE RUDE!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2016

This gym is probably not unique in their practices but they are extremely shady. I joined this gym on February 2015 and paid an annual fee + a membership fee when I signed up. On February 6, 2016, a year later, I was charged the annual fee again and decided to cancel my membership. Here is what I was told: I will not be reimbursed the annual fee, nor will it be prorated. Annual fee is $49.95. I will be charged a cancellation fee of $30.00 at the end of the month.

So I technically have till the end of the month to use the Gym, wouldn't you think it'd make sense to only be charged 1 month of the annual fee, at worst? And what exactly is the cancellation fee for? It seems to me that they are just squeezing as much money out of you as they think they can. As an aside, I was once a couple days late paying my monthly membership fee, which is on auto pay, because of a processing error with my credit card, and they charged me $15.00 which they wouldn't refund.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2016

I called today to cancel my gym membership with Boston Sports Club of Lynnfield MA, I believe I spoke with Dianna. Well I explained I wanted to cancel my membership which is $40 month to month and she asked what my reason for canceling the membership was, I told her I am going to be moving out of state. After I told my reason she stated that I cannot cancel because I am on a 1 year contract, I then stated I never agreed to sign anything and was never told I was on a 1 year contract, I was told it was $40 month to month only. She then states if I am moving out of state I would need to show proof of new out of state address... Well that made me very unhappy because that could takes weeks. Which means they will continue to take my hard earned money out of my bank account which is not fair. If anyone can help please let me know, I was thinking of calling the attorney general's office.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2016

The Wellesley BSC's 'Manager Assistant', Nathan is incredibly rude, superficial, and unprofessional with customers. He abuses his position and treats customers poorly as if to boost his own ego and to try to assert some sort of power that he clearly does not have. He is very picky and watches specific customers over their shoulders. We just don't feel it is a friendly or safe environment anymore like it was many years ago. The management situation of the club has gotten worse and worse and the cost, renewal fees, and double-charging for accounts makes me feel that it is NOT worth it to stay as a member. From the way the management acts, they neither care nor want any customers anymore. We will be quitting, encourage other members to stand up, and warn non-members to stay away.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2015

I wanted to cancel my membership, they told me, I have to pay $29 for cancellation. I noticed them 1 month earlier. I complained because at time of contract they said me if I noticed them 1 month earlier it's ok. My contract was $39 every months addition to membership. I think this behavior is not good for your company. I think you are cheating members and take money for any reason.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2015

On April 15, 2015, I saw club manager Bill ** in his office for the purpose of ending my BSC Lexington membership. He reminded me the club has a 30-day cancellation policy and my membership would be billed through May 31, 2015. I said fine, and left the office believing my membership had been cancelled. I got billed for May and paid it. I got billed for June and paid it by mistake. I got billed for July and called MasterCard to contest charges.

I have since called the club three times and have been back there in person three times. In the visits both Ashley ** and Bill ** have told me I should not have been charged for June and July, but that since I had disputed the charges they could do nothing to reverse the charges, and that it was now between the credit card company and their corporate headquarters. Corporate headquarters is denying I have been overcharged and are even dunning me over the phone for being delinquent. I'm not sure this story is over yet. Anyone signing a membership agreement for this company should be very careful.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2015

The facilities are not bad. You have enough resources to do what you need to do. The reason I am giving a poor review was due to their customer service on billing inquiries. I had to move out the Bedford/Lexington, MA area and it is a nightmare to cancel your membership with them. They will not stop the monthly charge. I had to pay a visit in person. When I tried to speak to Ashley, the account manager of the Lexington site over the phone, it is very unresponsive and not resolving my issue. My account has been closed and 4 weeks later they just charged $150 dollar on my account for no reason. No explanation and no heads-up about it. Hoping that I will not read my credit card bill statements so they can get away from it. That's my experience with Boston Sports Club (BSC) at this location. Just keep in mind guys.

Original review: July 13, 2015

I have been a member of Boston Sports Clubs for 5 years. I loved it till last Friday. The story starts in March when we had some session left over from the 8 that I had that month. She told me that I need to sign for them and she just put them in the bank and honor them later. Well she miss another 3 session and then was sick before she could train on the 3 that expired making my total now five. She now miss another 4 due to a Dr appointment being sick, holidays- her boyfriend coming into town etc. It become an excuse after another. So we were up to 8 session. She thought it was six but it was 8. When I showed her the proof it was 8 she started to become very angry at me, so much so that I asked her to stop as we had already wasted 15 mins of my 1 hour session.

I said "never mind, I just let management deal with it." At this point she screams at me, "I train you 8 but get a new trainer." Then she said "I give you 10 if you do not go online." At this point it already gone from bad to worst. I walk out to that. She said "I have to give these to you as no one else can get paid on it." I said "I want nothing to do with you." She said, "Fine, don't come to my classes and also you think about leaving the club as they never get rid of me," and run and get my bag. On the way out she responds "Oh look at the little piggy. Going to eat her feeling in red velvet cupcakes onk onk onk. You will come crawling back to me as a big old fatty." At this point I run to management and tell her the story. All I did was question her on what I had it was 8 and she did not want to give them to me. In the 3 years I know her I never cheated her once. what makes her think I do it now After all I loved her I followed her everywhere.

I made it very clear to BSC that I will not be treated like this and asked for a refund for the 8 I was owed and the one I did not use. I have no interest in BSC anymore and would like to join another club. They did offer me a month of free dues but that's not enough. I'm scared to death of this woman, it's like a ticking time bomb I'm not sure when it's going to explode at me. She still works there. I expect nothing less of BSC putting money before members as she makes them a lot of Money. I just want a refund for what I could not use. The manager is blowing me off and I am pretty much stuck in this club I cannot use. I just want to leave. They said they did not want me to leave with a bad taste in my mouth. Well I have one.

Original review: June 3, 2015

After joining the Andover, MA club 7 months ago and paying $200 sign up fee (not including any month memberships) they informed us 1 month ago that the club was closing. Not only have I been charged for the babysitting after the club has been closed, but after contacting member services to request some sort of refund of my sign up fee they wouldn't budge! I explained to the woman in member services at corporate that I have been a member almost all of my adult life at different locations of theirs and that I have paid plenty of start up fees but she gave me a "I'm sorry about that" then remained silent on the line.

This is stealing from people. I justified paying the extra 200 to start, assuming that I would be there for a long time because it is close to my home and that the high cost would at least be dispersed over time. I am extremely disappointed in this company and I will never ever be returning! I caution anyone thinking about joining to think twice because they do not care about members.

Boston Sports Clubs Company Information