3.56/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

LA fitness

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 11, 2017

1454 LA fitness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 11, 2017

I had to cancel my debit card to stop LA Fitness from charging my debit card. Well the saga continues. They call daily. Once they realize we have no interest in their gym, they say, well, you owe a late fee. When we introduce or attorney Mr. **, they are kind enough to refund late fee, but they call the next day. This company is a complete joke and I question anyone's sanity that chooses to do business with them. P. S. The funny thing is that we have gone to this gym for years. It use to be 24 hour Fitness. We would cancel, then a year so later, we would go back. An apocalypse couldn't make me take shelter there, now.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

My 12-year-old son and I entered the basketball court and sat waiting for the current full court game to be played. While my son and I waited patiently for the game to end obeying etiquette rules, another player entered court after my son and I and he waited as well for game to be over. Once it ended he obviously had some friends on the court and the guy that went in after us grabbed four of the losers and they began running full court without my son and I given a chance to play. I let them know that I wasn't okay and that I'm on now these other four guys just played. They said I didn't call next and said I got next game. I stayed on court and shot without moving as they ran up and down court. The one player took stopped the game and took my ball and throwing it into gym workout area. I went to manager and was told multiple lies.

The issue was not resolved. I took it all the way to the GM and he basically stated that they were 100% wrong but my tone and my issue of resolving the issue was wrong. I stated, "You said I was 100% correct that my son and I should be playing. I had someone take my property... More especially my 30-dollar basketball and chuck it into the gym as well as have someone threaten to fight me." The GM did nothing to these people but yet told me to leave his club. Never have I seen anything like this in my 36 years. This place is a joke. Don't ever become a member.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

As a pregnant woman who is expecting in a few weeks, and someone who requires her membership frozen due to medical reasons for 2 months, I am extremely appalled by the policy of freezing a membership with a $10 monthly fee despite medical necessity to freeze my membership. Not only is this completely absurd, but this should not be legal for a company to require a member to pay a fee despite medical restrictions provided by a physician. The staff that works at the LA Fitness my husband and I attend has a very high turnover rate, which does not help when trying to refer to things that were told when you signed up several months ago. I would not recommend anyone have a membership at any LA fitness because of their horrible policies and their corporate workers who are extremely unsympathetic to their loyal customers' situations.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

I'm LA Fitness member since 2003. I had issue with LA fitness in Pasadena California. My issue in September 2016 I enroll in training for one year and it was ten sessions a month for 300 dollars first issue was the manager over there name Joe told me that each session is 45 minute end up to be 25 minutes. I did ask the trainer. He said it's 30 minutes. I told him Joe said 45 minutes. He shakes his head and didn't say anything. First 2 months everything was ok besides the 25 minutes.

After 2 months and it was on Monday I had training at 6.30 in the evening. Went there and I saw the trainer name Luis training someone else. I asked him what happened. He said, "They told me to training new member." I said, "But you didn't even called me and told me that you can't training me today." Luis said, "Talk to the manager name Joe." Went to talk to Joe. He told me that he's short on trainers and, "Please be patient. I have new trainer coming next week." After 2 weeks he called me and he told me that I can do one time a week till he hire new trainer. I asked him about the missing sessions. He said. "Don't worry. It will roll over and you won't lose anything."

Time went by and my last session was in August 19 -2017. I did ask how many session I have left. They said 33. I ask what's going to happen. Now they told me, "You pay 35 dollars each month for 3 months and you finish your 33 sessions." I said, "Ok. I'll pay the 35 dollars a month." Went on vacation and come back. I saw that LA fitness charge my account another 300 dollars. Went there and I did talk to Joe. I said, "You charge me 300 dollars and the contract is over." He start showing me in the contract that I was suppose to cancel it otherwise they will keep charging me. I told him, "I told you guys to cancel the contract and we made a deal that when I'm back I will pay 35 dollars a month for 3 more months." He start lying in my face and acting like a street person.

I don't understand why LA fitness will hire that kind of peoples unless the corporate knows what are they doing. By the way I find out that I'm not the only one who's had this bad experience with LA fitness in Pasadena especially with who he call himself a manager. Joe. Call the corporate and explain what happened. They told me they have to talk to Joe first. Seems like my problem with Joe not with respectful. LA fitness I feel this manager Joe doing fraud and someone need to stop him. I'm going to take him to the court one on one since the corporate don't care and I'm not going to pay 300 dollars a month to finish the sessions. I already pay for it.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

This review is for Frisco Dallas North Tollway location. I would call them cheat as they change their statements every day when it comes to enrollment. Pls be very careful in dealing with them especially when you enroll and make your first payment. I will be contesting on the basis of false advertising.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Fitness?

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I received an email advising me my membership was up for renewal and I was required to give 60 day's notice to cancel my membership. I called to cancel but was advised that I had to come in M - F between 9 - 5. Funny, I was able to sign up any time of day, but had to come in during business hours to cancel. What if I was unable to during those times and hours, I was told I had to come in only during that time to cancel. I went in to cancel and was told I would receive an e-mail confirmation my cancellation. I had to go back in two more times to finally receive the e-mail that confirmed that I cancelled my membership. I was told that I would not have any other charges charged to my account as of August.

In September I was still charged $203. I went in and was advised that they were going to get the Operations Manager to call me. Three days later and no call, I called them. I spoke to the Operations Manager, Lesha but was told that it was Dustin I needed to speak to. So again I was told by the staff the wrong person that I needed to speak to. I was on hold for about 10 minutes when he finally came to the phone. I told him what happened and he explained that he will not refund the charges for September as I did not cancel my personal training. I asked him how am I suppose to access the gym without a membership. He had no response but said because I did not speak to him personally about cancelling the personal training, it was not cancelled. He will cancel it for October. I explained to him that I was never advised that I needed to speak to him to cancel my personal training.

I asked to speak to someone that could correct this situation. He said he is the only one at that location. I asked for the head office and he said you can call them but they are only front line and won't be able to do anything about it. I called the head office and the person that answered the phone said that he will ask about the matter and get back today to me. When I asked him for his name, he said it wasn't needed as he made a note about the call. I have no faith that I will get my money back for a service that I cannot access because I no longer have a membership with. I am also worried that I will get a similar charge in October again since I only have the word of someone that is does not conduct business in an ethical manner.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

I signed up my 15 year old son with a personal trainer at LA Fitness. I needed for someone to coach him during workouts and get him to get the most out of his time at the gym. The staff was so friendly when we went for our free first session. So I signed up for twice a week at a whopping cost of $250 per month. Soon after my son joined the football team at school and got his ankle crushed during a play. I tried to explain to LA Fitness that he could not workout for a while and they could have cared less. They started quoting Attorney General of Georgia Law to me and said there was no way out of my contract because I had signed my life away. I called Corporate in LA and they were even bigger jerks. And the nice trainer that my son boned with and was looking forward to working with left after a month.

So after he recovered we tried to squeeze in a few more training sessions in July and the new trainer he was assigned to was on vacation- but did they still charge us? OF COURSE THEY DID! Explain that one to me. Well in the fine print it says that I'm suppose to drive across town to another LA Fitness when that happens. Oh they have everything covered. These guys have top notch lawyers that write contracts that cannot be broken no matter what. So now my son is hurt again after a rough football game, and I have a doctor's note and everything saying he is not to work with a trainer at Personal Fitness and they still don't care. This is a greedy, awful company. Can't wait to dump them and never, ever go back. I hope the whole company folds and declares bankruptcy. I will celebrate!

Original review: Sept. 25, 2017

All they are looking is ripping off money from customers. They don't care about the customers' satisfaction. I joined LA fitness at Normal/Bloomington, IL facility. Just after 1.5 months of joining I had to move to Albany, NY all of a sudden. I went to inquire if they have a facility at Albany, NY, which they didn't. While signing up for membership, I paid for 2 months in advance and was told if some unforeseen circumstances comes (the employee specifically mentioned - such as moving to a city where there is no facility), we will refund you the last month money if the month's billing has not started. I agreed and paid for 2 months in advance.

But when I had to cancel, they told me their manager is not available. I wonder why they have so many people sitting behind desk but only person who can cancel. Now reading after so many reviews, it seems almost everyone went through the same problem. I was lucky that I found the membership cancellation manager after 3 visits and he agreed to cancel my membership. But he refused to return the advance payment for last month (which was still 15 days away). I took the corporate number but when I called at that number, a lady named Michelle was talking as if she was reading the script. She kept on saying that did you read the agreement.

And when I asked, “Is what you say and what you write two different things?” Then she said something magical - "You have the ability to use the gym, but if you are unable to use it, I can't give you the refund". And I asked her – “That is precisely I am saying. I do not have the ability to use the gym, since you have no facility in Albany, NY.” And she again repeated the same thing. So, finally I Asked her, “Where can I post customer reviews?” And her response was that “You email us your review.” And when I asked, “So, you are going to filter the review,” she has no response and kept saying email us at blah blah blah email I'd. I got really pissed off and disconnected the phone eventually. I will never recommend this gym to anyone. Cancellation is such a messy process and you will definitely end up losing money.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

I experienced a high level of unprofessional, antagonistic and boorish behavior from Loren ** - Manager Indianapolis-Shore Drive location. Loren ** was overly aggressive with her delivery with the intent of making my experience very uncomfortable among club members. Please note: LA Fitness Our best resource is the team of people who warmly greet you. The managers are dedicated to making the fitness experience an exception one. Loren ** provided just the opposite. Sincerely, Extremely Dissatisfied Member.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

This locker room is never kept up. The showers have clumps of hair on the shower floors, broken tile, baby powder spilled all over the benches. The shower curtains have mold on them. For a gym that charges 30.00-40.00 per month to be a member should really look at fixing these things and have better up keep.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I know it used to be really common for gyms to have you sign a one year or two year contract and then not let you out of it when you wanted to cancel. The last couple of gyms I have been a member at, have not given me this issue, but LA Fitness did. I emailed them last month to cancel my membership and they sent me a confirmation email. Unfortunately, I didn't see that the final billing date they listed was July of next year, not this year, until I called to find out why it was still being taken out of my account. I asked them how much sense it makes for me to cancel the membership but still keep paying for it... I might as well have kept it, and they should have made it clear to me that I would still continue to be charged. They stated I could do a "buyout" for $105, which I will be doing since it's cheaper than paying for another full year, but I told them I was also going to make sure everyone knows to NEVER sign a contract with them!!!!

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I went in to cancel my membership at the LA Fitness desk and was not informed about the cancellation procedure nor was I given any form of receipt. The employee at the desk simply told me that everything was fine and that the membership was canceled. I found out that LA Fitness failed to cancel my membership and has been charging my credit card for one year and refuse to give me a refund. Customer services reassured me that they would look into the problem and call me back with updates. They never called back and when I called they said that they still would not refund me. Do not recommend this gym for anyone, you will get ripped off big time.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I believe there is two sides to every story. So that being said let me start with the positive. Clifton LA Fitness there was 2 class instructors that were Awesome April and Shannon. Classes were challenging and fun and they taught them well. The negative. If you like basketball forget it. Courts always packed and no one there to organize playing time. Better off going to a park. Facilities at times disguising. Machine broke for months and some looked like they were never clean, same with locker rooms. And Never I repeat Never sign up for personal trainer it's a waste of money. They promise you things at initial interview and don't deliver or follow up.

I never was measured or giving a book to write down progress. And be careful when you cancel anything there. They charged me after I cancelled my son’s membership and took 2 weeks of discussion to get refund. Personal training department reminded me of a shady cars salesmen just out to make a buck and pretending to care about Fitness. And once summer hit the personal trainers were not there as often so it was hard to use up session. I could go on forever. Ending on positive note Clifton LA trainer Brandon was great. But upper management it's all BS smoke and mirrors. Read everything carefully before signing. They rush you through it. Hoping you do read it.

Original review: July 31, 2017

Recently, I brought a friend to go swimming when Will informed me in a very authoritarian, paternalistic voice that I could not bring her in without her providing him with a passport. I also said I had been told I would be paying only $5 for her visit. Will then informed me that wasn't the case - that the charge was $15. I was willing to pay this but we didn't bring in any ID except for my membership card. You would think that I could have been told in a nice voice that this time he would make an exception and let us in but going forward my friend, visiting from Switzerland, would have to bring her ID in. Oh... No flexibility there. Additionally, in the past I have asked for help with how a particular machine was operated correctly and told that I would have to do a special program at $99. Just to see how to properly use the equipment? If you can... go somewhere else! Who needs that to relax...

Original review: July 31, 2017

Do NOT sign any type of agreements with LA fitness. I signed up for personal training and made it very clear that I only wanted a 6mo agreement. The document I signed had the exact number of sessions and a Total Cost so I thought I was fine. Nope. I noticed I had a charge on my card for two additional months and when I called LA fitness they said the agreement I signed has to be verbally cancelled or they continue to charge you. I was NEVER told this when I signed the agreement and their response is "tough." So I'm out almost $500 for nothing. I immediately cancelled my membership to the club and even that was not easy.

Original review: July 27, 2017

I have been a Bally/LA Fitness customer for over 30 years and I cannot recall when I have been so disappointed in overall maintenance of a gym facility. I can see from the number of complaints online that neither Louis Welch or William Horner take pride in ensuring their facilities provide a clean and healthy workout environment for their guests. I verbally complained to staff person behind the desk about my concerns which are not new but ongoing and his answer was it is an "older" facility which I find a totally unacceptable. This week there are 10 machines scheduled for maintenance. On an average week there are always 2 - 4 down for repair. The carpet in the workout room is filthy and I would think unhealthy for any member to lay down and touch the floor. Word was when LA Fitness took over from Ballys' they were going to make a number of improvements, replacing carpet for one, but that still has not happened.

They have painted and replaced a portion of the carpeted wall borders around gym but other half is still the old peach, dirty border. Two of the TV sets are not working and a third is a green flickering screen. One TV that had black lines in the picture since LA Fitness took over location was just finally replaced. I guess it may take another three years to get other TV's working again! I wonder if the Health Department would approve the dirty floor and the unsanitary condition of bathrooms. The air conditioning continues to be an ongoing problem. I am truly surprised none of the LA Fitness staff at Encino facility have complained about their working conditions. It seems they are not permitted to have a/c on in office so the workout area is cooled. Well, it is a nice thought but does little to help the airflow in gym.

I think you are lucky no one has called OSHA about the poor working conditions they must endure. Every day I hear other guests complaining about the overall condition of gym but not sure anyone has taken the time to air their grievances. My hope is that you will stop treating this location like the ugly stepsister it is and bring the facility into the 21st century or at least a facility you could be proud of having the LA Fitness name. I will keep my fingers crossed we see improvement in overall aesthetics to improve your customers workout experience.

Original review: July 20, 2017

LA Fitness makes it ridiculously easy to create and account/sign-up for membership online. However, when you want to close your account, they make so incredibly difficult (it's blatant harassment). My cc was used in fraud so cc company issued new card, and I seized the opportunity - instead of providing LA Fitness with a new cc number - to inform them I was closing my account. They took no action, rather in the span of a 2-3 days over Memorial weekend - proceeded to leave at least 6+ voicemails on my phone about how they've been unable to charge my monthly fee, and I need to call them and update payment records quickly to avoid a late fee. Upon return from holiday, I returned at least one of those call and reiterated my interest in closing my account, and advised I would sent them a check for the last month (although I believe they collect that up front when you sign-up).

I literally spoke to 3-5 different people who continued to call me from LA Fitness, and advise me I had to go into the gym to request cancellation, or mail my cancellation request. Why? Didn't have to do that when I signed up! A month or so later, after repeated calls, I acquiesced and walked into the local LA Fitness gym to request my account be cancelled. I was informed the person I needed to meet with was unavailable (not even in the gym). I asked to complete the process with another manager, and was advised there was no one else who had the ability to close my account. I left a message at the front desk with my name and phone number, requesting Keiara call me back, but she didn't call me back. Two days later I call LA Fitness again, requesting to speak to seemingly the only person who has the magic power to close account, and once again she was not there.

I left a message again, and finally received a callback, although she was confrontational and argumentative in her efforts to not only explain away her absence, but also the general business practices of LA Fitness to drag out the membership closure process so they can collect more money. The only reason I joined with LA Fitness is because I knew they lost a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT for exactly this type of unethical business practice, so I thought they'd cleaned up their act. They haven't, rather it seems they've found legal ways I guess to incorporate language in membership documentation that allows them to continue unethical business practices of harassing members about payment, and making one jump through ridiculous hoops to simply close an account.

Original review: July 13, 2017

This company shows ZERO appreciation/respect for clients, especially when you seek to terminate your gym membership. Don't waste your money! LA fitness will make you pay in advance even if you will not use the gym in the future! This company makes it outrageously hard to cancel, giving you only two options: mail a certified letter or go in person to one of their locations and have an operations manager cancel your membership, if you are lucky enough to find one at the location when you go. Suffice it to say, you can save yourself hundreds of dollars and your precious time by steering away from this consumer-abusive company.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I have been use this LA fitness facility at 3200 Grapevine Mills Pkwy, Grapevine, TX 76051. I normally swimming after work in that gym. One day, I saw this woman who wear a tennis shoes and walking in the pool. I told her that she shouldn't wear that shoes and walking in the pool. She told me that she bought that shoes just for pool using. I went to front desk and complained to the gym staff who was working in that facility. She told me that is pool shoes, she can use it in the swimming pool.

I felt that they really don't care about how important sanitizing is in a public facility. There are kids class in that swimming pool, same time, some adult woman wear a tennis shoes walking in the pool. I told her that some people could get sick by using a polluted water. She looked at me and told me that is pool shoes. I left there and never want to go back again.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I was already a member of LA Fitness Club and moved to a different location. Hence visited the club near my new apartment to inquire about changing my membership. I was required to pay $15 more for this club than what I was paying at the old club, so I've decided to continue to go the old club although it is only 3 miles away from my new home. Then the new club manager called me on my cell and after a prolonged conversation, I've agreed to buy the annual membership with an exception of membership for me and my wife for $504 at two different clubs since my wife is about to move to a different state. He has processed my membership immediately over the phone and we were asked to take picture and collect the contract the next day.

When we went to the club the next day which is a Saturday, the one who has processed my membership wasn't there and we were asked to come back the following Monday. Unfortunately, I couldn't go on Monday and was delayed by a couple of days. Finally, when I went to collect the contract and take picture, the club personnel asked to come with my wife, so they can take a picture together, which means both of us has to go the club together at the same time and to the same club. The manager named Cass who processed my membership isn't there to talk about and the staff won't reveal where their manager is. Finally, I was told that, Cass was transferred to a different location and I couldn't reach him.

So, I do not have an option to cancel my membership, since they've already charged me for the whole year. Further, embarrassment followed me after a month or so. My credit card was charged for the monthly membership fee by the old club. When I've called the old club, they said I've had 2 memberships with LA Fitness at 2 different locations. Who on earth will have dual memberships to a gym? And I've had to tell them to cancel my membership on the old club since I've moved and have another membership at a different location. Also, they won't refund me the money since they consider this a one month notice. I was really pissed off with this incident and do not know whom to complain or what to do next dealing with these liars and irresponsible money machines. It took me many days to find this platform and write a review about so, I can warn others to not to fall into this trap by these so called LA Fitness gym.

Original review: July 3, 2017

I've been a member of LA Fitness for a year and a half since discontinuing my membership from another popular gym. Out of the many times I've come to this gym I've never ever had an experience like today's. I brought a guest for the first time and will never attempt to bring anyone here again! I was told that in order for her to work out she had to pay $15 for the day because my account doesn't have guest membership privileges and that was ok, I was gonna do it. The turnoff was how RUDE I was given this information by the young man at the front desk (who clearly should not have been there). He had very poor customer service skills! He acted like he was angry at something because he couldn't look me in the eye as he spoke.

If I hadn't had such an excellent monthly price to go to this gym I'd discontinue my membership and go someplace else! The person who owns this gym should be ashamed of the poor customer service here. My guest was considering joining but this experience was an deal breaker because she's not! Anyone considering this facility should think again!

Original review: June 29, 2017

My husband and son have been members of LA Fitness for many years. I joined on March 22, 2017. We asked them when I joined if the monthly fee of $32.46 would go up. They said no that all I had to do was pay an initial fee of $91.99. We asked again to check before we joined and they reassured us that the fee would stay the same. I was looking over our bank statement and noticed that LA Fitness was taking our $32.46 twice in the month. We called and were informed that that fee was for me. This is such poor representation and service. They mislead us and have had 4 months worth of charges taken out without our consent. My husband canceled my membership and my son's just now. I feel so taken by them and will make sure I let others know of their poor service and misrepresentation. My husband is still a member but we are looking into other options.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I had a really inconvenient experience in LA Fitness in Coconut Creek, FL. There is a guy working there, Ahmad **, he is a sales manager and I had two really inconvenient experiences with this guy. I decided to make some investment in my health, and I was looking for a gym, so when I was doing my registration in the LA Fitness unit mentioned, I was not so sure if my wife would participate with me in the gym. Trying to convince me, he said that I could assign my wife, paying a $150 registration fee for a family subscription, and if she decided not to come, that he would give me one week to change from family to personal subscription, giving me a refund of the balance.

In the same moment, I asked about my son participating with the family as well, that he was 8 years old, and he said that my son could use everything they have in their facilities, including pools, etc. and I could bring him as guest anytime, if I decide for a personal registration. So, I did the family registration. What happens, is that my wife decided not to participate, it was the next Friday, still during the week period he gave me. When I came to the front desk to cancel her subscription, he said that it was past 3 days already and that he could not refund me anymore. I tried to remember him about the deal he offers me, but no success.

Ok, I tried to forget that, and kept coming to the gym, I brought my son once after that as guest, but for my surprise, today, June 28, I brought my son to the gym as guest and this Ahmad came to me in a really rude way, saying that I should take my son out of the gym, because he was not allowed to be there. I tried again to remember him about what we dealt but no success again. He was so indelicate that I cancel my subscription as well. So, it is so sad that LA Fitness let people so unqualified represent their name... that they are just interested to take people's money, than to maintain a good reputation... sad.

Original review: June 27, 2017

I signed up for a 6 month personal training package and was not satisfied after one session. I did not receive a physical copy of the contract that says I only have a 3 day window to cancel. I cancelled within 7 days and they are trying to hold me to 6 months of services that were not rendered due to dissatisfaction. I sent them by certified mail my membership cancellation and my personal training package cancellation. They continued to charge my account during the dispute process so I cancelled my credit card. They are notorious for recurring charges even after cancelling. This is by far the worst experience I have ever had with a gym!! BUYER BEWARE!!

Original review: June 24, 2017

I called customer care as well as stop by at location. They were not willing to cancel my membership. They were just postponing my dates to charge me additional month. One of the answer I got that Manager suppose to have 3 hrs lunch. That was rude. I also used Planet Fitness before and they have very straightforward cancellation policy. That is I really like it.

Original review: June 23, 2017

I canceled my membership with LA Fitness, they took 151.62 out of my checking account without my permission. It was within the legal guidelines. They told me that I did not have to pay any dues until July and that would 25.00. Well today they took 151.62. Upon calling them, they told me it was not within the date of cancellation. So you tell me — If they tell you that you do not have to pay until July, but they still take out of the due plus more, what would you do? Never again!!! Being unemployed that money means the world to me now. The guy on the phone that I was talking was laughing!! Can you believe that? Told my bank to dispute it. If the membership is canceled they should not be allowed to take any money out of your checking without your permission. Don't care who you are, they should not be allowed!!! RIPOFF!!! Never again!!!

Original review: June 21, 2017

I purchased the LA Fitness's personal trainer sessions for 6 month. When I join, I said specifically that I only want to buy 28 sessions for 6 months. But when I sign the contract, they have auto renewal in the agreement, I didn't read it carefully which is really my bad. But in Month 4, I hurt my back and try to cancel the program. The employee there tell me I can't cancel. I can either buy out the last two months or I can stay and use my sessions after recovery because sessions never expire. And I can also let other people use my sessions. I figured why not and decided to stay, which is a terrible terrible mistake. In Month 7, I was charged again for the sessions and I go to the gym for refund. And they tell me there is auto renewal in my agreement, and all my sessions will expire within 30 days if I cancel. And the sessions are not transferable, I can't let other people use my sessions.

I told him that's not what I was informed last time but he said he doesn't care what I heard and they are not responsible for what their employees said. Then I ask for corporate number to check if there can be an exception, the operation manager wrote a number on the paper and said it's his number and he is corporate. Later I got pretty upset and started to shed tears, and the manager said, "Oh it's probably because you were crying so they just tell you what you want to hear to get you out of the door." In the end, he suggests me to stay in the program for my sessions to stay active... I don't want to make this personal but I just don't understand how they can be so uncaring when it comes to business. I would never ever fall for that again. The whole system is just very rigid and tricky, they try everything to make you stay and they make sure you will pay when you leave.

Original review: June 21, 2017

Many problems with Bonita Springs Gym. I only joined the gym for the classes, which I have to say I love the Zumba and Body works plus abs instructors and classes. There was another class added Cardio Jam that many of us enjoyed but it was removed. The problems are: Air Conditioning always broken, Roof leaks and leaks during class and stains on ceiling, classes cancel or many subs. My husband stated "men shave in the sauna" and he has recently obtains Athletes Feet and other fungus problems from gym. Please clean up this gym and fix these issues!

Original review: June 12, 2017

Back in January 2017, I called in to the West Saint Paul LA Fitness to have my account put on hold. The guy said that they call it "Freezing". They freeze the account for $10 a month until I am ready to start up the membership again and that is so I don't get charged the full membership fee again. When it was all said and done, he said not to worry about a thing. I'm a busy guy and I have all my credit cards paid electronically so I don't have to worry about having any late fees. It's now 6 months later and I called to have my membership un-frozen. I spoke with the Taylor (manager) who informed me that my account was never frozen. He said that It was my fault for not requesting an email receipt and that it's too bad, so sad. Taylor's attitude is not very pleasant and makes it difficult to want to continue this membership at this club.

Original review: June 6, 2017

LA Fitness is private, comfortable and adorable. I can go by myself and it is close to where I live. If I want to join a group, it’s there if I want it. Also, I like the price and payment options. It’s not expensive and I like their privacy policies and their polite staff. It’s quiet but I wish they had a refreshment bar and their hours were better for me.

LA Fitness expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LA Fitness was founded in Southern California in 1984. Today it has over 300 locations across the United States and Canada. LA Fitness offers fitness equipment, group classes and personal training.

• Group fitness: LA Fitness offers a wide variety of fitness classes at its locations, including Boot Camp, Belly Dancing, Cardio Jam, Cycle, Hip Hop, Latin Heat and more. Use the fitness class locator tool on LA Fitness’s website to locate a class near you, learn what to expect and find out what to bring.
    • Personal training: Certified trainers offer free one-hour fitness assessments for new members and additional training for a fee. A trainer can help you determine your pace, set goals and track your progress over time.
    • Pools: Many LA Fitness locations feature heated indoor swimming pools, which provide a great low-impact fitness option. You can take swim lessons, swim laps or do group fitness classes in the pool.
    • Kids Klub: Some LA Fitness locations feature a Kids Klub childcare service. Additional fees may apply.
    • League events: LA Fitness offers league and team events throughout the year at most of its locations. These include basketball leagues, racquetball tournaments and many other competitive activities for those who like team fitness.
    • Best for: fitness novices, athletes and fitness buffs.
    Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs