LA fitness

Compare Gyms and Fitness Centers

Research top Gyms and Fitness Centers recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

They billed 14 more times on a offside account since the day we parted. I complained about it to LA Fitness. They allegedly did not know of the incident. My child said nonsense to him and they called and canceled my account and said we were supposedly used the membership card. I am officially after the promoter who has stolen money every month and paying double from what we agreed to pay. This illegal misconduct earns LA Fitness official reputation for on right theft. There is evidence for 14 months money have been drawn out of a foreign credit card and for months LA Fitness was stealing from me. The company should be in court for misleading advertising, billing violations, illegal promotions, and lying. There is enough evidence to order LA Fitness for criminal and financial suit against LA Fitness with evidence of bank transactions from LA Fitness and initial card that was supposedly used that they somehow billed a foreign card for months now.

This illegal billing should be a felony charge against LA Fitness employee involved with the billing cycle. Every account of violations is credible with evidence from the day they lied about account freezing which is videotaped to the day we parted and kept billing illegally. The amount of money lost is a scar in my eyes. It feels so red with tears running down my cheeks. Illegal billing should be a serious crime. I will make sure it is.

I loved that gym. It was huge and had many amenities and options for personal training. I loved the style and all the equipment and showers plus it was very clean inside and out. It was definitely the gym of choice for my peers if you had the money to join and the pool was the best part. I definitely wish I was back in Florida so I could continue my membership there. The only thing I didn't like was it wasn't 24 hours and it was in the city so it was a densely populated area and sometimes it was hard to park plus it was very expensive to have a membership there but this was 6 years ago.

LA fitness has exceeded my expectations. The main reason I chose this gym is because they offer a variety of classes in addition to the basic workout machines and weights. I also enjoy the fact that LA Fitness has mostly women as clients and their classes are fantastic. The people that work there are friendly and very helpful. The gym itself is clean and usually not very crowded leaving the workout machines such as the treadmill or the elliptical open when you want to use it. Most places have a long wait which can be annoying and discouraging.

There are only a few things that I dislike about this gym. I wish the dressing rooms were more private. Also, sometimes when you go to take a class they are so full that there aren't enough yoga mats, or step aerobic boxes for everyone. Most of the time you just show up for class. I think for classes where you need to use a specific tool there should be a sign-in sheet. This would make it much easier and a lot less likely that the class will be too crowded. I also think there should be a separate room for classes. It's very awkward to be in a class while others are doing their own workout watching you. But I really enjoy this gym.

It was the gym closest to my job. I had to pass by it on my way home from work, so it was very convenient. The price wasn't too bad either so that helped. I like the large building layout and the staff. Classes were easy to find and staff was helpful. The amenities were clean and well-maintained, even with the high volume of traffic. But, I didn't like the class schedule. Not enough variety. I like zumba and other aerobics but I also want strength training classes that are challenging and not some variation of high intensity interval training.

Sometimes I think it's a little pricey compared to other places and I don't like how crowded it can be some nights. I also don't like that sometimes it gets very hot in there. I chose it mainly because of how close it is to me and it has met my expectations from what other have told me in the past, it also has kind of exceeded certain expectations with how well run they seem to be there. I thought that because they seem crowded, they would be a mess but they are not. I think it's a very friendly environment, they keep their equipment in good shape, and I never feel self conscious there.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Fitness?

Best gym ever. They make me feel like I am not fat and I like to feel that way. They have plenty of equipment for me and my family to workout at. I like this gym because it makes me feel special and they always have tons of towels, they have a pool and basketball court with free to rent balls. The net is always working and the court is always clean. I wish it was closer to my house. I have to drive forty five minutes to get to the gym. Also, I wish they had a cafe there and they have more people there so I could play basketball with when I go.

LA Fitness met my expectations and I really enjoyed it. The staff was very helpful in showing me the right exercises and equipment to use so that I didn't hurt myself and so I could get the maximum use of the entire facility. My favorite part is the exercise classes. They don't exhaust you and you really feel refreshed after a good workout. The only thing I might change is the location it sits in. It's very dark at night. Other than that, the staff and the other people exercising were all great. I would recommend it as well as choose it again.

I enjoy the fact that I can exercise however I want at any time I want. I also like how there is plenty of ways to exercise and that it is clean and efficient. They have an extremely friendly staff who I can joke around with and exercise with, the staff has become like my second family and I'm glad they're around to motivate me when I don't feel like working out. They're always kind and don't judge your body. The people that exercise there have plenty of manners and I appreciate that. However, it would be nice if the gym had a smoothie bar to make shakes and protein drinks to drink while exercising. I wish the locker room was a bit bigger but it's somewhat fine the way it is. Moreover, I don't like the treadmills, they're rough against my feet but I think all treadmills are like that.

It has large size, double floors, a rowing machine and large locker room and showers. Many machines so you don't have to wait so long, and the variety available. However, I dislike the Cleanliness and smell. It smells really dank. I don't like having to change gyms so I wish there was better maintenance or materials used so that it would seem cleaner. I would renovate the gym more often or install better flooring. Also maybe give people incentives to exercise not all at the same time, maybe a discount on the membership fee, or premium for peak hours. Also it would be great if a certain amount of visitors were allowed within a month.

A big factor why I chose LA fitness happens to be the fact that my old gym closed down. So I had very little options, and went because it was all that was near my house that was affordable. My dad was attending and paying for me so we could workout together. It has its pros and cons. I liked what they had to offer for classes. I also had lots of friends and family who were apart of the gym which made it much easier for me to go. Racketball court is also a plus. However, it's too open. The one in my area is a little on the small side, compared to my old gym (my old gym was also my favorite gym). The people are typically unfriendly. It's also incredibly busy all hours of the day.

I have been a member of many gyms and LA Fitness is my favorite. They have a fair amount of locations where I live and have a good variety of equipment and a lot of space. The locker rooms /bathrooms are always clean in my area. The one I go to just got renovated and it looks great. It has a pool and a basketball court. If I'm in the mood for a smoothie, I can head right downstairs and get one. It is not 24/7 but that is ok and I can also use all of the locations. While I'm not too big on things like Zumba and kickboxing, the few classes I've tried were fun. I am overall satisfied with this gym.

The only down side for me is the cost. Memberships are pricey especially those at the premier clubs or whatever they call the fancier clubs. My other main grief is their terrible pay rate in particular for trainers. People get charged almost fifty per session on top of membership and the trainers only get paid 6 dollars when they're doing all the work. Also, I complained to the manager about everything been thrown all over the floor and they did absolutely nothing about it, when I know they're supposed to walk through the gym regularly throughout the day putting equipment back.

The location and ease of getting to the gym are convenient. Basketball and racquetball courts are nice and usually available. The pool is clean and well maintained. The gym and locker room was clean and neat as well. Also, the daycare for the kids while you workout is huge. Never have to wait for equipment, am able to do my workout and go home. They have hours for my needs and generally got my workout in without being disrupted. But I don't like the rock climbing wall or other activities that are separate of exercise. Also, the personal trainers seemed disinterested and were in their phones during my workout.

There are a lot of features that I enjoy about LA Fitness. First I really like the juice, it's awesome. I also enjoy the sauna and personal training options available. The personal trainer and the facility are also really, really nice. I had nothing but good experiences each time I've gone to the facility. The only thing I really dislike the price. It's a little expensive to sign up and pay month to month. I understand all the many amenities that LA Fitness offers, you expect it to cost a little more that the competition but it a little too expensive. But overall, LA Fitness is a Great gym.

I like the layout and it's close to home. It was BAC which I went to before and they switched to LA fitness. The same clientele and workers so I didn't see a change in my regular routine. I like the juice bar and classes. I also like how they offer personal trainers and a special women's only section for weights. I like that they have lots of equipment and the price is reasonable. I enjoy this gym very much. There is nothing that I dislike other than sometimes the music is annoying. I use my own headphones so it doesn't bother me.

I was grandfathered into LA fitness when they took over my local gym in Rochester New York, but I would have joined this gym over my other options in my smaller sized city. The price is good for the quality of gym, especially compared to more expensive yet worse gyms locally. There are quite a few locations that are close enough to me, and the gym does exactly what I need it to do. The gym is always pretty clean, there is always plenty of equipment even during the busy hours, when it's not busy I have my choice of any equipment I want, there is plenty of weight for my needs plus a pool, hot tub, sauna, and basketball court if I choose to use it. The hours are quite good as well.

The staff isn't rude, but they are not exactly friendly. The bathroom is sometimes out of order and kinda of small. The free wifi doesn't work very well. The locker room design is horrible. It's made to house a lot of lockers but doesn't give nearly enough space if there are a few people in this area of congested lockers. Lastly there are not enough drinking fountains for the size of the gym and the number of members that can be in such a large space.

I chose this gym because it is close to my house and I have lots of friends who really like it. They go there and they recommended it. I like the gym. There are lots of machines and there was always someone there to help and I learned a lot. There are also a lot of people there to help you learn all the machines. I like the people and the staff so I will pick this one again.

I choose LA Fitness for its towel service, big lockers, saunas, pool, updated equipment and it’s generally clean. It also has locations that are convenient to my life e.g., near home and work. It has met most of my expectations and is convenient in cost for services. I like that the studios are often open for personal use without back to back classes all day. But equipment repairs take much too long and the showers need to be kept cleaner. I would also like longer hours of operation especially on the weekends. It's difficult to have an evening workout when the gym closes at 8pm.

I know there are other gyms that are nicer but I like the price I pay each month at LA Fitness. And I chose this gym because it's close by my house and I got grandfathered in so the monthly payment is very affordable. The gym has good hours and are open sometimes during holidays. I can count on them to be open. The gym has a lot of variety too. I can swim, play basketball, lift weights, and cardio. I can also take classes there. I am overall happy and satisfied with LA Fitness. They are a reliable brand name. But I wonder if they wipe down the machines every day.

LA fitness has been better than the one I been before. Better quality. Very nice people who work there. Help you out if you are having trouble with the machines and tell you how you're suppose to use. It's so expanded. They have a lot of machine to workout and different machines that I never knew existed. Gym employers are not rude like some other gyms I been to. The one I been to was only a one level gym so I would say make it more level because it does get full of people. I really like this gym. They treat you really nice and don't have judging face looking at you.

I was originally with Bally for many years until LA Fitness bought them out so I stayed with LA Fitness because they honored Bally's rates. LA Fitness and Bally's contract allowed me to stay with them. I like LA Fitness’ long hours, various locations, up to date equipment, gym cleanliness, steam room, showers, sauna room, swimming pool, how the membership is recognize in other states, ability to upgrade membership and the company's stability.

I like the fact that they have someone to show you how to use the equipment properly, the workout classes, water workout classes, personal trainers optional, available paper towels and cleaning spray for members to use, the membership key card, vendor machines on site and cleaning staff on duty to continuously wipe down the equipment. But I dislike the cost, young evening crowd, mentality of some of the workers, family add-on program expense, and that they're not very competitive with other gym setups.

I wouldn't really consider other gyms except Gold's Gym. My friend got me into LA fitness. My friend goes to this gym so I chose it. It's close to where I live and I like that there are many of it all over the country. I like the different classes they offer and the staff is friendly. I like the variety of the equipment too. But I would like later classes and maybe a protein shake shop inside. I would also like a cross fit or HIIT class. In addition I would also like an indoor track and pool and maybe the gym should be slightly bigger.

It was close to my home. The pricing and programs were both appealing and affordable. I have absolute comfort in my experiences here and I would not consider leaving and trying to reinvent what I have found here. I had several friends that worked out there. I was impressed with their regimen and I was curious. I like the trainers and their focus on your fitness goals. I like their willingness to instruct you. I was reluctant to begin training but now, I am glad that I have begun. I find acceptance and I am comfortable in my surroundings. I am making steady progress towards my fitness goals and I am complimented by others on my achievement. I also like the availability of gyms and their reputation and longevity. I readily inform others on my experiences at this particular gym.

I dislike the contract and the inability to quit it. They were very pushy about you buying product. I also don't like that people were not there to work out but to socialize. It became a social thing versus a gym. On the other hand, I like that it was very big with plenty of equipment, which are usually available and clean and people were nice and very helpful. It is very convenient to my home and work and it meets my needs, but would be nice to have a month to month contract. For a cheaper price also, but overall it's nice.

I chose the gym because of convenient location from work and school as well as it offered a pool and a personal trainer. The gym met standard expectations of a gym. It's fairly average. There was a lot of space to work out on new equipment, as well as there was a pool. I enjoyed all the activities being offered as well as the option to have a personal trainer. That helps significantly with health goals. I would suggest having a tanning area because for the price of the membership that should be offered as well. Not just one or two beds but an actual whole areas so there's not a lot of wait time in between.

My friend chose this gym because of its convenient location. It is also wonderful that they allow one guest to come with you since it allowed me to join her and see if I liked the gym. This gym met my standards incredibly. It is very clean and modern which makes it enjoyable to workout since I didn't worry about the equipment being dirty. It was very large and had many different types of equipment and a lot of each equipment so everyone could do as they pleased. I also found it wonderful that the locker rooms were so clean and well maintained. But I wish that the gym had more variety in options on types of classes to join in and become more involved. It would also be nice to have a larger amount of classes.

Cleanly and spacious humid one of my favorite reasons for choosing LA Fitness. Not a lot do you find space in local gyms the way you do here. From the equipment to the back changing rooms, everything is always smooth and in working order. The rooms for sure help gravitate people inside for class and large enough to have people enjoy an effective workout. Sauna room is immaculate and good space to lounge after an intense workout. I also love the back pool area and fully stocked showers towards the back.

LA Fitness is an amazing facility to start. Never had an issue with cleanliness or bad classes. The workers and personal trainers in my experience at LA Fitness for 3 years, I've been very disappointed with the lack of space/bikes in the gym. There's been numerous of times I've missed classes prior because the class was full within 5 mins before class. Small spin rooms really present a problem when wanting to attend a workout class. With bigger rooms, we can accommodate larger amounts of people in these classes and everyone can workout.

LA Fitness has the best people and things you would need. Everyone at the gym is super nice, kind and you could be there all day and the gym would be ok with that. The place is super clean and I love the gym exercise machines but they should put them near the window. They should also have more vending machines for water and food.

I first chose this gym due to the discount offered through my company and as an added bonus that meant many of my friends and coworkers were also members and so that helped keep me motivated. I love that they do provide daycare at a cost so I can bring my son. I love the trainers and classes especially the spin classes and body class. The machines are also great. I do wish that they would add more daycare providers because it can get full and it's an inconvenience to drive to the gym and have to wait for an opening. I also wish there were more water classes.

All in all the gym is great. I like the different sections for the different workouts and the friendly helpful staff. I also like that they have a pool, the equipment that they have is all up to date and hi-tech. The instructors there are very helpful with workout suggestions. It's the closest to my house and it has great promotions. I enjoy working out there. The most I have at any gym before. It's never overcrowded and people there are respectful and don't try to bother me. I'd like if they were open 24 hours. I feel like they aren't open as much as they should be. They have early hours but not 24 hours. Sometimes I prefer to workout late at night but I can't do that here because they close around 10.

The staff there are quite nice. Every LA Fitness I've been to is very spacious and everyone gives you space. The place is often quiet with just a little music playing in the background so you don't get distracted and they always make sure to keep everything including the bathrooms clean. The equipment is very nice and upgraded as well so they're very fun to try out. I'm always pumped and ready to burn couple hundred calories off with their equipment and fun classes! It's very affordable too. I love it! The gym has very much met my expectations, I go there several times a week and LA Fitness is by far the best gym I've been to. My only problem is that I wish they were 24/7 or went to at least 1 in the morning, since I'm more of a night owl I like to work out during nighttime when there isn't much people there.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

LA Fitness was founded in Southern California in 1984. Today it has over 300 locations across the United States and Canada. LA Fitness offers fitness equipment, group classes and personal training.

• Group fitness: LA Fitness offers a wide variety of fitness classes at its locations, including Boot Camp, Belly Dancing, Cardio Jam, Cycle, Hip Hop, Latin Heat and more. Use the fitness class locator tool on LA Fitness’s website to locate a class near you, learn what to expect and find out what to bring.
  • Personal training: Certified trainers offer free one-hour fitness assessments for new members and additional training for a fee. A trainer can help you determine your pace, set goals and track your progress over time.
  • Pools: Many LA Fitness locations feature heated indoor swimming pools, which provide a great low-impact fitness option. You can take swim lessons, swim laps or do group fitness classes in the pool.
  • Kids Klub: Some LA Fitness locations feature a Kids Klub childcare service. Additional fees may apply.
  • League events: LA Fitness offers league and team events throughout the year at most of its locations. These include basketball leagues, racquetball tournaments and many other competitive activities for those who like team fitness.
  • Best for fitness novices, athletes and fitness buffs.

Compare Gyms and Fitness Centers