LA fitness

LA fitness
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.89/5

LA fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA fitness?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Fitness?

Original review: April 20, 2020

It's like a family. They have classes and they have a pool and sauna that are really nice. Equipment and basketball court and personal training available. They don't give hard time about freezes either.

Original review: April 19, 2020

The one I go to is new. All the equipment is good, and at the time I go there is enough for everyone to use without being on top of each other. The pool only has two laps, but people share and we are able to make it work. The whirlpool is excellent. The locker rooms are fine, but they do not have enough people cleaning and members dump their towels all over the place. Overall, I am happy with the gym.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Great people who share info gratis, help learn about muscle applications, very clean with TV and machines that are kept in working condition. Good parking is helpful. The price of my membership is unbeatable.

Original review: April 13, 2020

Not all LA Fitness are nice.. 4949 147th Street Hawthorne CA is the best.. Used to be a Gold's gym.. Clean except for jacuzzi and floating debris and lukewarm 50 percent of the time but good seating.. Tv... Big area to relax. Nice people for most part except for lady wanting to minister to me... And girl a couple of times saying there's the ugly girl in the sauna to her friend but on the whole it beats really dirty ugly 24 hr clubs with snotty personnel and tons of harassers in the locker room and cold pools like in Hermosa Beach.

Original review: April 5, 2021

We have tried several times to speak and email customer service department regarding our membership. They refuse to acknowledge our emails. This fitness center’s customer service is absolutely MIA. We will be looking elsewhere and spreading our experience. The lap pool is too warm and dirty (dead bugs), btw pool is indoors.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I met with the assistant manager Dominique to have my measurements done. I told him to cancel my next 2 sessions because I had to cover a shift for one of my nurses that week and the following was my daughter’s birthday. Then I was told that I lost my sessions because I didn’t cancel. I went to see Dominic and he lied to our faces saying we told him not to cancel and we should have called the trainer. He is rude and condescending and is trying to con me out of my money/visits!

Original review: March 26, 2021

Avoid this place. I’ve been trying to cancel my membership for over a year and they keep charging me fees. I’ve tried everything from speaking to manager (Osiris), calling, and emailing and they just give excuses and keep billing me.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2021

I moved to another city without an LA fitness nearby. I figured I could do the normal thing and cancel this online considering it is the 21st century. It is impossible to cancel online, it is impossible to cancel over the phone, it is impossible to do anything with anybody that works for this company. Do you have to print out in mail a cancellation to this company. I don't mean email I mean an actual envelope with a stamp. So jump in your DeLorean head back to the '80s and cancel your membership with this company. This is stupid, this is archaic, this is primitive. They do this to lock you in and keep billing you. This is extortion on their part. You have to take time out of your day to either go to their facility which there is not one within 150 mi radius of me or mail in a cancellation. Get with the times! Quit being so obtuse about this cancellation policy. I know you want to keep stealing money from people even when they're not nearby.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2021

I bought a prepaid membership to LA fitness right before Covid for 3 years. I chose LA fitness because of the kids club. The clubs have been closed close to a year and LA fitness stated they will not refund my membership but I must wait until the clubs reopen in my area. Clubs have opened and closed in the area without my awareness, but the kids club remained closed. I asked for a refund and they told me it is non-refundable. They are untrustworthy and I will fight this until the end.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

Sadly, 2020 and the Covid pandemic clearly showed the true colors of this company. I renewed my membership and signed up for personal training in mid-Feb 2020. Really bad idea. Three weeks into my training, I caught Covid and had to freeze my membership. As everything was being locked down and I was still recovering, I got charged again for training on March 15, when I thought my membership had been frozen. Clubs then got shut down two weeks later. July comes around and I get charged AGAIN for training. I called my local club and was told someone would be in touch. No return call. I called again five days later and was passed around until someone gave me a number for the corporate office.

I sat on hold for 30 minutes with corporate, only to have my training frozen yet again. BTW, they only freeze in three-month increments so you have to keep up with it or else you get charged. Called back in Oct 2020. Same thing...long hold time and my training was frozen again. Where am I at with this? It's been a year and I have shelled out $1,448.91 for an annual membership plus personal training. Most of which, they have been unable to deliver OR I have been unable to use in 2020. It's hard to believe it has been almost one year since all this crazy started.

To top it all off, next week I have to call back again, wait on hold so I can freeze my training for another three months. While I understand everyone is trying to survive these crazy times, a company not being willing to budge at all and try to come up with a solution for customers during a global pandemic is crazy to me. I won't be going back.

LA Fitness author review by Joey Thurman

LA Fitness was founded in Southern California in 1984. Today it has over 300 locations across the United States and Canada. LA Fitness offers fitness equipment, group classes and personal training.

• Group fitness: LA Fitness offers a wide variety of fitness classes at its locations, including Boot Camp, Belly Dancing, Cardio Jam, Cycle, Hip Hop, Latin Heat and more. Use the fitness class locator tool on LA Fitness’s website to locate a class near you, learn what to expect and find out what to bring.

• Personal training: Certified trainers offer free one-hour fitness assessments for new members and additional training for a fee. A trainer can help you determine your pace, set goals and track your progress over time.

• Pools: Many LA Fitness locations feature heated indoor swimming pools, which provide a great low-impact fitness option. You can take swim lessons, swim laps or do group fitness classes in the pool.

• Kids Klub: Some LA Fitness locations feature a Kids Klub childcare service. Additional fees may apply.

• League events: LA Fitness offers league and team events throughout the year at most of its locations. These include basketball leagues, racquetball tournaments and many other competitive activities for those who like team fitness.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

LA fitness Company Information