1.36/5

1606 LA fitness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 22, 2019

Worse gym ever. The employees are rude. For all the times I tried to go swim, the pool is either dirty, crowded, someone is adding cleaners or noisy maintenance. For few times, at around 6:00 am,while I am entering, an employee would stop me to ask to take a photo. A person called many times to schedule a personal training. I said I am busy. He insisted. I agreed just to escape this continuous calling. At the day of the appointment (it took me a lot of efforts to fit his time to my schedule) he called and canceled claiming he has a conference call!! Seriously? I said fine. He started calling back again. He didn't stop until I went and found him in person and said, "I will find you when I need a personal eval, please stop calling me." I went few times in the early morning and the pool was so crowded, so I returned home without exercising.

Today, I went to cancel my membership and the woman was extremely RUDE. She lied about my obligations claiming that I need to pay half the rest of the contract year fees, or stay as a member until the end of that year. I told her that I am not aware of such rules and that I was informed about $50.00 cancellation fees only. Hum, she changed her words. I asked her to subtract the leftover fees of March from the cancellation fees, since I will not use the gym EVER AGAIN. She refused. Now I am paying LA fitness money for a service that I do not want or use. Fraud!!! The location is Westworth, Tarrant County, TX.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have recently joined the LA Club in Houston. At the time I joined, I paid for the multi club access and when I showed up they said my membership was for single club access; However, after several phone calls, the club corrected the problem and I could go to any location if needed. Three months later I got hit for a yearly membership charge (which I wasn't made aware off during the signing up) and when I call the local club manager and was told that it is written in the contract and it's up to me to read, they are not obligated to advise you at the point of signing up contract.

So I went ahead and cancel the membership even I just paid the full year membership. Lastly, they do not make the cancellation process that easy, you must go to the club to do it or create an online account before you can download the cancellation form. Overall, I wish that I can give them 1/2 star because that is what LA Fitness Club is worth. I should have read the reviews before joining this club.

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 22, 2019

Little Rock, AR - LA Fitness on University Ave. has no women’s basketballs and have approximately 6 men’s available. I asked them for a women’s and they stated it’s not even on the LA Fitness equipment order form! How is this even possible?!? I’ve contacted corporate and the guy who answered stated no one has even brought this up? I informed him I will continue to call until this is changed.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

This isn't a complaint about the facility, which is well equipped. However, it's a real pain as far as dealing with the sales staff! When I went in to sign up, I was given a couple of options, both with hefty "registration" and "service" fees and I was told I had to sign up for a year. I mentioned that it was quite possible that I wouldn't be in the area for a year, and I was assured that that was no problem -- I could sign up for the year and then if I moved, I could bring in a letter with my new address (to prove I had moved) and they would cancel the membership. That didn't sound all that good to me, so I said I would have to go home and think about it. When I got home, I got another sales call to get me to sign up.

I said I would think about it. Then I got an email, once again detailing the "great deal" I could get if I signed up now. I noticed -- in small letters -- that there was a link that said something like "view other membership options" so I clicked on the link. Lo and behold, there was a four month membership listed and if I paid the four months up front, there were no additional "registration" or "service" fees!

So I went back in and told another sales rep I was ready to sign up. At first, he acted as if he didn't know anything about a four-month plan. But I told him it was on the information that was sent to me and that was the plan I wanted; he managed to find it and I signed up. Then I was told I would have one free personal training session as part of the deal, which I assumed would include an assessment, an intro to the machines so I could be sure I was using them properly and a bit of a workout. Not exactly. There was a brief assessment that lasted about 15 min.

I was shown one exercise that would help address one of my weaker areas. Then I was told we needed to go back to the desk to finish the assessment. There I did a quick biometric test and the rest of the hour was spent trying to get me to buy into a personal training contract that ALSO included $199 in sign up charges and then $60 to $70 per session in addition...which also had to be on a 12 month contract. When I said I might not be in the area for that long, I was told it would be possible to get a six month contract, or I could pay for a block of training sessions, but then I would have to pay more money.

When I said I thought it was too expensive, it was suggested I could work with one of the less senior trainers which would save me $5 a session. Then I was told that if I signed up right away, he had this one coupon left where he could get me $50 off of the registration, bringing it down to only $149 instead of $199... Although I might have been interested in a less intense option for the span of time I planned to use the facility, it was clear to me that I was being pressured into fitting into a contract to suit the company, not me, and that the extra fees were total BS. So I declined. I never did get any intro to the machines...

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I joined the LA Fitness club in Clark, NJ when it opened in the summer of 2015. At that time they had a Grand Opening special of $0 initiation fee and $29.99 a month for multi club access throughout the state, $19.99 for single club access. First and last months payment up front. I signed for the full access, $29.99. I gone for over 3 1/2 years to other LA Fitness clubs all over NJ, then the beginning of 2019, they become a “Signature Club”. I found that out when my credit card was charged for visiting the LA Fitness in Union, I inquired why I was charged and was told because I only have single club access. I said, since when? I always had multi since this club opened.

I have a copy of my original contract, the way it was put in on the computer says “single access” and there was no mention of the grand opening promotion, they only said that because you didn’t pay an initiation fee, you can only use this club. Well excuse me, nowhere on my paperwork does it say that and that’s not what was explained to me when I joined. I called the manager, no help. I called corporate, no help. I asked why wasn’t I charged the last 3 years at the other locations if I only had single access? No one could answer me. They’re scammers. Bait and switch. They’ll say and do anything to get a sale. My credit card was charged without authorization or my knowledge. Never got my money back. They need to be stopped. This has to be illegal.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Fitness?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2019

Today is my second day at the LA Fitness Club and I will not go back!!!! I will call LA Fitness and cancel my membership, hopefully there won't any problems with my cancelation, hopefully it won't take 2 months, hopefully there are no hidden costs... What prompt my cancelation???? I have bad feeling about this "new Club" and I never go wrong about my intuition or perhaps my educated guess. I wish I would have noticed certain aspects of the Club which I do not like before signing the membership. It seems to me that they operate under the same Old game... "I will say and do everything to get you to signed..."

For me is important the way the service is executed, politeness, friendliness, positive attitude and good manners are vital. After all a fitness club should be a place where we all can feel relax and enjoy the benefits of our hard earned money!! Btw there is large amount of retirees using the facilities at this Club and I do not think they are treated kindly. I do not want to be in a place where the elderly are treated poorly, retirees deserve to be treated with the utmost respect. A smile will create wonders. Lucky for me there are many studios in Town run by high calibre people whose sole desire is to make you feel welcome, relax, such attitude is the reflection of their honesty and good will. Nothing can replace those elements.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

DO NOT SIGN UP FOR PERSONAL TRAINING FROM LA FITNESS. LA Fitness facilities are OK but their Personal Training is a major ripoff. They charge major bucks for training and then pay the trainers next to nothing. As a result trainers leave with high regularity. In 6 months we had 4 different trainers with large gaps in between while LA Fitness searched for replacements. We ended up receiving only half of the promised training and LA fitness refused to issue any refund.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2019

Looking to give a zero on my review. The LA Fitness pool area has the same clumps of hair and the same trash floating about week after week now, previously entering the facility I would see it dirty, report it to the front desk area. They need major cleaning done, the floors are very dirty with hair, used band-aid and sport tapes, inside the pool there is sand and white objects floating around. Complained to the front desk but they never sent anyone to clean it. Corporate office need to meet the standards of healthy and safety.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

In my three years at LA Fitness, I've had nothing but great experiences in the Don Mills Signature Club. Bunch of great men/women (Brendan, Shar) managing the location. Unfortunately, I had to cancel my membership due to moving far away from any LA Fitness locations, and they promptly helped cancel.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

It was my first meeting with Chad Tuesday. I would recommend him. Derrick helped me join. Both men have a great personality, no pressure. glad to be a new member. I have mentioned the club to many friends and coworkers. Several have expressed interest I, couldn't ask for more. I was a member at the JCC for 5 years and it didn't fit my needs. LA Fitness is better equipped, cleaner and the equipment is more than I had hoped for. Wish the pool was a bit warmer since I swim for physical therapy. A steam room would be fabulous. No complaints.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Very Dirty and Apathetic Staff. My wife got me a subscription for my birthday. She specifically was concerned with cleanliness. The dude assured that they had high scores. That's hard to believe because the place is filthy. Every day. On one day the men's locker room had torn wet tissue paper all over the floor. I mentioned it the girl at the front desk and her response was "The cleaning guy doesn't come in until 2:00." I think it was around noon at the time. Great answer, Syndey. The next time we went my wife saw gum in the cup holder of one of the treadmills. Three days later she went to the same treadmill that had the same gum in it. The more we were there the more we realized how gross this place was.

The second month's charge happened earlier than it was suppose to, or explained to us. A payment department called and my wife explained that we weren't happy with our membership and that it wasn't what was sold to us; a clean gym. My wife spoke to two different people over the phone who said they would make sure the account was cancelled and that the message of the dirty gym would be emailed to the managers. Guess what, we get charged again. I go in this time and specifically ask to speak with a sales manager. She argues with me, and I end up having to ask her repeatedly to get a manager. She continues to try to make excuses, this girl clearly does not want me to talk to a manager. I tell her the situation about the over-the-phone cancellation, which she claims they don't do any cancellations over the phone. So either she is lying or the people over the phone are.

Eventually one of the sales people comes up and basically just stands there and mean mugs. She says she paged a manager, but after a few minutes she's trying to hand me someone's card and get me out the door. I decide to take a walk around the place and take some pictures. On my way out I mentioned to Mr. Meanmug that all of the trashcans in the men's locker room are full and that it's dirty. His response, "Great." Lastly, the machines are not in a great shape either. Multiple are out of order. Don't do business with these people.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

Arrived at 8:30 AM to find men's locker room trashed, out of tissue, showers dirty without soap, reported to staff (a young Lady) that seemed unconcerned. 2 hours later returned for shower. Still no cleaning, observed "trainers" sitting at their desks but no maintenance. 01/26/2019, Sprayberry Crossing, Marietta, Ga.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2019

So I've been looking into getting myself into better shape and needed someone to hold me accountable. I happened to "win" one personal training session at LA Fitness and liked the people I worked with. In a moment of weakness maybe, or perhaps I should have asked to read the contract more, I signed up the same day. However, I've learned not to be too naive either, so I decided to look into what other people were saying about the program and what their results were.

To my surprise, I saw a lot more negative in regards to how the gym itself handled its business and sometimes how the people at LA treated their customers as well. Feeling uncomfortable being bound in a contract to a gym that does not handle their business well, I immediately looked over the contract and found out I had until midnight on the third business day from when I signed the contract to cancel. Immediately I gathered up all of my evidence and, not only sent a contract to the PO Box in CA, but I also went to the gym I originally signed up at.

Let me give you the good in my experience: I told the gym manager how I felt, totally honest, that I did not feel comfortable being bound by a contract with a company that does not seem to be too fair. I told her it was NOTHING against her, or the trainer, or even the specific gym I signed up at, but rather it was LA themselves and how they decided to handle business. The manager WAS TOTALLY understanding about it! She gave me no issue at all, didn't hassle me into sticking to it, nothing like that.

The trainer when he did sign me up was also pretty transparent in how if I decided to cancel before the 12 months was up, I would be charged half of what I already owed. He also didn't try to BS me with "It's free for the first 30 days." So to that, I had no surprises. Also, fast forward to the end of this saga, another good experience I had was that I immediately got notice that I canceled my services with them via email and just this morning I got the notice that I will be refunded the $300 I put down to start up.

The bad: While I was talking to the manager about all of this, the trainer that happened to sign me up walked by. The manager pulled him in and gave him the breakdown of what was going on. While the manager was in the room with us, the trainer seemed to be totally understanding and cool about the whole situation. However, as soon as the manager left, he started giving me crap about how "he misjudged my character" and that "it was his fault that he misjudged me." In short, this guy started portraying me as a bad person because I changed my mind and didn't feel comfortable with it. He felt the need to go on about how successful he is and how great the program works and "it's just a bummer when someone does this because it looks bad on the program."

It was in that instance that I knew I made the right choice - this guy didn't care about me, he just cared about how many people he could sign up in his program. I even insisted that if he made money on the $300 I paid upfront, that he could just keep it, but I did not want to go forward with the training sessions. Even still he gave me the same crap and tried to guilt trip me into thinking I was the one at fault.

So the plus side, this experience I had was good in that they honored my request to cancel the services. They didn't double charge me (so far that I've seen), nor did they lack in giving me documentation when I canceled. They also were pretty good in being open about the cost had I decided to cancel later in the sessions. However, the way I was treated after I was totally honest with them, and couldn't stress enough that it was nothing against the trainer himself, I am one of the many that is disappointed with this gym. There is absolutely no need to be so rude and condescending when someone does not feel comfortable with something.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

I am a member at your 1201 West Centerville Road, Garland, TX 75041 LA Fitness location. Aquafit Class on Thursday, January 24th, 2018. Aqua fit instructor ** was disrespectful when I asked her not to encourage another student from screeching in a high pitch during class. The sound resonates in the pool and is painful to the ears. I have a hearing impairment. She responded by encouraging the entire class to join in the screeching and told me I don't have to attend this class and can leave. I was humiliated, ridiculed and embarrassed in front of the entire class by **. I like this gym but this instructor needs to be taught that all members should be treated with respect.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I signed a contract with the Personal Training manager in Jan. 2018 and he left. The new manager took over in March but didn't inform me detailedly about how the PT payment actually works. I upgraded to $200 a month from $160 a month in Sep. 2018, from 4 sessions to 5 sessions. They told me it was gonna charge me only for 4 months and the manager will downgrade it for me back to $160, but they didn't, instead, they charged me for another month for Jan. 2019 without informing me and didn't want to give me back my money after I called the manager. The manager told me the operation manager couldn't file my request because the payment was ACTIVATED automatically and another month has started already. It's a SCAM I'd say. Total disappointment.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

They breached the contract. We canceled the service. They continued charging, month after month, saying that we did not cancel services. The conversation is the same every single month. We cancel, they send confirmation, and charge again. Next month it goes all again. Fraudsters, serious big time!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I would not suggest anyone to take the membership of LA fitness, although gym is good but the management is very bad. I have paid $275 from my wellness card for 5 months to LA fitness in advance for individual membership with one guest plus kids club. They kept on charging me more compared to what the agreement was with me. And the representative through whom I enrolled for the gym was of no help and he clearly told me that he can't do anything for payment gym is charging and asked me to call their corporate office to solve the problem.

They waste your important time to call them and even after explaining all the calculations for the membership charges they still follow what's there in the system. I cancelled my membership and joined JCC gym which definitely has a nice management staff. I have heard from my friend that even if you cancel your membership, they keep on charging you from the credit card which is on their file with them.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Updated on 01/24/2019: I just canceled my LA Fitness membership due to one of their trainer’s unethical and unprofessional behavior. I paid for one-month personal training in cash, but the trainer did not come to the scheduled session, took two weeks for the refund after numerous texts, did not get a receipt, and he did not even apologize for the inconvenience. He took advantage of me, my money, and my time. While going through the cancellation process I was waiting for the membership refund (6 days and counting) when another charge was added to my credit card for the monthly payment. I never completed any cancellation form nor got a receipt. My advice for future fitness customers is to make use of their money better by using different gym, not LA Fitness. I feel LA Fitness took advantage of me, my money, and I will not bring my business there.

Original Review: LA Fitness on Hamilton Rd, Westerville OH is associated with trainer that doesn’t appear for their session, say will return the payment for 4 sessions in advance, and don’t answer texts when called upon. The club should be partly responsible by association and by employing unethical employee... Sad, disappointed, will cancel membership, not worth my time and money.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Totally took advantage of 80 yr old who was in need of physical therapy by selling him year-long membership and personal training for $360/mo. Was told this could be reversed with verification from a physician - which they did not honor! Scam!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I signed up for the month to month membership at LA Fitness on Cobb Parkway in Atlanta, GA back in summer. On my last day of using gym, I asked the front desk person to cancel my account and of course they said, “Sure we will take care of it.” Three months later, I noticed that they were still charging me for the monthly fee while I was not using the gym at all. When I called, I had to call multiple times and talk to different managers. Daniel (Assistant Manager) was very nice and understanding and he said that he will see what he can do and he will refund us for the months that we did not use the gym.

On the other hand Phillip (Operational Manager) contact me saying that he is not going to refund me anything. He was so unprofessional, rude and surely had no experience on talking to customers on the phone. When I asked him that I would like to talk to the upper manager he ignored me and did not provide me with further information. It is so disappointing to see how LA fitness representative is so disrespecting to customers and how irresponsible they are for taking care of their customers. Obviously this is the lack of training for the person who cancelled my membership but they collected extra $90 from me while they knew I did not use the gym.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

My family and I have been going to LA Fitness for over 11 years and for the last 8 month the jacuzzi have been broken at the LA Fitness at 8310 BIRD ROAD

MIAMI, FL 33155. I have spoken to all the managers and nothing has been done. I think as a customer that have been paying for so many years I should be heard not ignore. I have been mistreated every time I have asked for a timeline when will be fix. 8 month have been by and nothing. The jacuzzi service is offer when you sign up for the gym but is a lie when it doesn’t work. All I am asking is for it to get fix and I think 8 month is more than long in enough to get it fix.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I received an email from LA Fitness saying $24.99 monthly $0 initiation fee. When I showed the salesman at the Signal Butte Mesa AZ location my email he said "Yeah a lot of people are coming in with those and that's not right." So he basically stated that the ad was misleading and proceeded to sell me on a $35 monthly membership with an annual fee due on the third month. I'm canceling. I will work out at home.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Yoga classes: great instructors, but horrible ambiance - If I could give it a 0 star, I WOULD. Since the recent remodeling of this club; YOGA classes are now held in a room with full, bright lights that can not be dimmed. This is not conducive to a good yoga class. Managements is telling us, that headquarters in California, has control of all the lighting in the building. Supposedly, this club can not dim, lower or turn off some or any of the lights. I find this hard to believe.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

They don't tell you this, or at least they didn't tell me, that you will pay $273.86 for a six month membership. That is $45.64 per month. For what, the use of some machines. They don't provide much more than the machines. The location I visit doesn't even have a water fountain that fills water bottles. The employees are rude. Do yourself a favor, don't get involved with this company.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Do not go to this gym. I have gone for 6 months and it has smelt like body odor every single time I've gone. I've been trying to cancel my membership for a month, but have had no success. First, I was told I could come in any day of the week during working hours to cancel my membership in person. I couldn't go in during the weekdays, as I work during those hours, so I went in on a Saturday. I was then told I needed to come in on a weekday as that is the only time an Operations Manager is there to cancel my membership. This is ridiculous and since I'm gone for the upcoming two weeks, I'm going to get billed yet again. Don't go to this specific location or LA fitness, in general.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2018

LA Fitness is a waste of money, the customer service is terrible. They make the cancellation of membership so inconvenient and difficult. They make so that even when you want to cancel they’ll still get a month's payment out of you. To prevent that I put a card with no money on it on file, and then removed my own debit card. They STILL charged the card I removed 280$ ON CHRISTMAS DAY! I’m so upset, I don’t expect to get my money back from them but I’m going to try my hardest. I’m going to drive to Irvine and hand deliver my cancellation letter so this evil thieving company doesn’t get any more money from me.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I really disappointed for two reasons, first Yoga instructors don't show up to do the classes or they change the class to another format without changing in the schedule online. The other reason is customer services, when you have a question or a complaint, nobody knows anything. Today I went to a Yoga class and I check the schedule before I went, when I got there, the class was canceled and when I ask to talk to the manager, there was no manager and when I explain the problem to one of the supervisors, the answer was: "I don't make that schedule, it is not my fault." All I was telling him was that they should cancel the classes at least 1 day before or several hours before the class, so people don't have to travel to the gym for nothing. In the last 2 month in 9 classes the instructors didn't show up (this is in 2 clubs, one in Pembroke Pines 184 st 6 classes and one in Sawgrass 3 classes.)

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

If I could give this business zero stars I would. I don't think it even deserves one. This gym is an absolute scam. I am a young girl and my dad offered to sign me up for a gym membership. The membership was not very expensive, the gym appeared to be large and clean, and I was very excited to join. However, I do not know what the best workouts for my goals are and so when I got a call from LA Fitness saying that because I signed up for a membership, I would receive a free consultation for the training program. I took the offer just to see what it was all about.

At the consultation, the head trainer, Leslie, explained to me the pricing and told me that with her help, I could achieve my goals within 6 months. I told her I would have to talk to my dad and get back to her. A few days later, my dad and I went in to talk about the training membership and go over pricing. My father and I decided it was too expensive and we could not afford it, and DID NOT sign the contract. A few days later my father received a charge for over $300. Confused, he called and they said they would refund the charge but did not. He ended up having to dispute the charge. He was then charged again for the same thing the next month.

Annoyed, I went in to cancel my membership completely in hopes that these charges would stop. I spoke to the manager who canceled my membership but told me I had a training contract. I explained the situation of how we looked into it but it was too expensive and that we chose to not sign the contract. He looked up the contract and was very confused to see a signature under my name. I told them I was positive neither my father or I had signed anything, and they proceeded to make me write down my name and signature on a piece of paper to compare it to the contract. As you may have guessed, it was not a match, someone else had signed my name. The manager canceled my membership but told me that I may receive a couple more charges, some random phone calls, and emails, but eventually they would go away. That was months ago, but I was naive and took that as an answer.

Fast forward to today, I was still receiving these charges, months after I had canceled my membership. I went in to talk to the manager and was ultimately told they couldn't do anything about it but the VP of LA Fitness "loves to get involved" and that he would call me before the business day ended. The business day has ended and I have received no call.

My father is a very busy single-parent supporting three kids, and he has absolutely no time to deal with this which means I am attempting to fix this alone. I am very disappointed in the way LA fitness has handled this situation, and I believes it shows that they do not value their customers what-so-ever. I wish I had read of these poor reviews before I attended this gym, but please warn those who may sign up in the future. Thanks.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2018

Do not use their personal trainers. Their location in Woodbury Hts NJ has only one trainer. I am paid up for six months of personal training and have 30 training sessions in the bank which I haven't been able to use because they have no trainers. I called corporate and was told to go to another location which the closest is an hour during the times I go. So do not use their personal trainers. The salesperson lied about everything. And if you stop payment they will forward your contract to your bank or visa and they will take the money out without your permission.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

I have been a member of this club since it was Holiday Spa back in the late '70s. I have always paid my dues on time, and over the past several years, I’ve paid online. I was surprised when I went to my LA fitness club in August of 2013, and was told that my membership was about to expire. I explained to them that I paid online and after bringing them proof from my bank, I was told that the payment had gone to Bally’s, and should have never been taken by them since the club was now owned by LA fitness.

I was then told that to keep my membership current, I had to pay LA fitness and then get my refund for the original payment from Bally’s. So I paid my yearly membership fee a 2nd time, and have since been trying to get a refund from Bally’s. I’ve not gotten any help from LA fitness or Bally’s, and my only recourse was to go public with my situation on websites like “Yelp.” Neither LA fitness or Bally's have made any attempt to rectify this after three different attempts to get a response.

Every time I walk into my local LA fitness club, I feel anger over the fact that I was forced to pay twice for one year’s membership. At the very least, it would be good public relations if LA fitness would simply credit me for the year I paid. I understand that my value as an LA fitness member is worthless compared to current memberships (because I've been a member so long, my yearly rates are a fraction of what current members pay), but in the interest of what’s fair, a credit to my membership would certainly be regarded as good customer relations.

LA Fitness expert review by ConsumerAffairs

LA Fitness was founded in Southern California in 1984. Today it has over 300 locations across the United States and Canada. LA Fitness offers fitness equipment, group classes and personal training.

• Group fitness: LA Fitness offers a wide variety of fitness classes at its locations, including Boot Camp, Belly Dancing, Cardio Jam, Cycle, Hip Hop, Latin Heat and more. Use the fitness class locator tool on LA Fitness’s website to locate a class near you, learn what to expect and find out what to bring.

• Personal training: Certified trainers offer free one-hour fitness assessments for new members and additional training for a fee. A trainer can help you determine your pace, set goals and track your progress over time.

• Pools: Many LA Fitness locations feature heated indoor swimming pools, which provide a great low-impact fitness option. You can take swim lessons, swim laps or do group fitness classes in the pool.

• Kids Klub: Some LA Fitness locations feature a Kids Klub childcare service. Additional fees may apply.

• League events: LA Fitness offers league and team events throughout the year at most of its locations. These include basketball leagues, racquetball tournaments and many other competitive activities for those who like team fitness.

• Best for: fitness novices, athletes and fitness buffs.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs