1.20/5

1635 LA fitness Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 13, 2019

The Deerfield Beach, Florida pool has consistently FILTHY, with trash floating in the pool. The white tiles are black with dirt, the water is cloudy, the pool itself is in disrepair and peeling and falling apart. Avoid this place so you don't get sick!

Original review: July 8, 2019

This is the most horrible system to login if you forgot your password. I had to look for my contract which I signed in 2012 (7 years ago). Are serious... This is not the last issues that come up. Next, it was asking me to enter the first 5 digits of the the account number from the payment is taking place. If it is an "account number" so it is the number from your check or bank statement and not a card number. Also, the explanation to this step is showing the card which is crossed which check next to it with account number in green. I tried multiple times to enter the first 5 digits and every time the system couldn't confirm my account. I was so frustrated...

In the end, I tried the first 5 digits of my card number and it went through. Are you serious??? LA Fitness does not know the difference between the two??? Horrible!!! I couldn't go to the gym, customer service has small limited hours, and the website is just a disaster! I am not even mentioning the poor quality of service their gym provides. Come on, it is 21 centers, get it together! I am about to quit to a better option for the money I pay!

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Sat down to get information about membership with JP and several times I asked about fees. Not only was I not told about annual fee after 2 months membership but he deliberately omitted that information when asked if there were any other fees other than the initiation fee and monthly charges. He told me that there was no cancelation fee but nothing about annual fee after 2 months. When I returned to JP and asked about the fee, he told that me he had mentioned it in his presentation (I know he did not mention it) and that it's in the contract I signed. He stated that same thing happens to a lot of people (being surprised about annual fee). Maybe it's because he fails to mention anything about the annual fee at 2 months!!!! I might add, the contract was on the computer and makes it much harder to review.

Another issue: JP also told me I could use the equipment in the personal trainer section. He repeatedly told me I could use that section. Yet, I was kicked out. Not allowed to use it. So I went back to JP who told me it was ok to use the space and equipment, only to deny it when asked by personal trainer by my side. Lied to my face and made me feel like an idiot. Sadly, they are very deceitful when trying to get you to sign up. As far as equipment goes, a lot of machines are out of service very often. They lost another customer due to their misleading and deceitful tactics. I feel like I was tricked. Bye Bye LA Fitness.

Original review: June 25, 2019

Hi, I had very bad experience of LA fitness in McCandless, Ross township, Allegheny County, Pittsburgh PA. Me and my family enrolled with this gym few months back, they charged for two months upfront and they didn't tell that the amount will be autodeducted monthly and two months they charged are for first and last months and they didn't tell that is not refundable. They should have told us all these details when we signed the contract. There is no transparency. And when we cancelled the membership, they returned only for 1 person from family. This is very disgusting. The person name is Nick who we dealt with. Very very worst experience.

Original review: June 19, 2019

To Whom It May Concern, I’m composing this letter to explain an alarming incident that happened at one of your locations in Houston, TX. Before I go into an explanation, I want to first say how dissatisfied we are in the way this matter was handled, the disregard of policy, and lack of customer service to tenured members.

Monday 6/17, my mother Anette ** went to LA Fitness location 1555 Eldridge Pkwy/Houston Tx. She has been a member at your gym for roughly 15 years and has been going to this particular location off and on for the past 10 years. On 6/17, she forgot her LA Fitness keytag but gave her phone number to the front desk to check in. The young man she checked in with was **. As normal, my mother proceeded to follow her fitness regimen and decided to join a class.

About 20 minutes into the class, staff member ** came to retrieve my mother. She attempted to tell my mother she had to leave the class (which is included in her membership), and did not render an explanation other than being asked to leave. My mother being embarrassed and confused asked repeatedly why she is being asked to leave and still there was no answer other than “you must exit the premises”. The staff member then grabbed my mother by the arm to physically remove her from the class. The rest as you can imagine is a nightmare for my mother as she is not being given a reason as to why she is being asked to leave.

My mother called me to come and intervene. After hearing her point of view of what happened, I was interested in understanding why she was being asked to leave as well. After speaking with the front desk and requesting to speak with a Manager, I also called the local authorities as this matter was now heightened. The manager ** came and spoke with me and clarified to me what the proper procedure was for checking in and the mix up that happened. When my mother checked in with her cell phone number, she verified her first and last name. As normal, she proceeded into the actual gym space. According to the manager who got the story from his employees, the extra verification was required because there was no picture associated with her membership.

Again, my mother has been a member of LA Fitness for 15 years and going to this specific gym for 10 years. At what point was this photo an oversight that never got resolved by your staff? The Houston Police came and your staff member immediately ran outside to speak with the officer. Being a business owner, this matter was brought to management attention and should have been handled by management going forward. My mother still being mortified and emotionally scarred, tried to explain to the officer as to what happened. Your manager ** helped to explain as well and a police report was filed.

I’m writing this to request for the termination of staff member ** and **. The way this situation was handled was not professional by any means. The physical nature of this was extreme and excessive. While I am seeking legal recourse, I am hoping there is action taken on behalf of your corporate staff. Being a reputable corporation, I’m sure you will do what is in the best interest of your customer and provide training on how to handle these situations going forward. If the requested action is not taken, I will pursue legal recourse. Regards, Michael **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Fitness?

Original review: June 14, 2019

My mother and I went to gym one day with 4 day guest pass she receive from a LA fitness employee so that she can use. She talked with the manager and said that they need an ID for guest pass. My mother forgot about her ID, and she was having problems with manager with making an exception. I was there and my father was there to vouch for her, and the manager still said no. I even said could you let my mother take the class, and he still said "no." I was not told you need an ID for a guest pass.

His only solution to this problem is to charge my father or my account extra just having guest to use the gym for four days. And he kept on insisting and insisting that I should pay for that. He showed lacked empathy, horrible customer service, and no compassion. All they care about is making money off of you and never attending what the customer really needs. I was even considering adding guest privilege to my account. Now I'm not even interested in signing with them anymore. Furthermore, he was racist. I say this to all of you who are considering signing up for LA fitness, DO NOT EVER SIGN UP with LA FITNESS!!!! IT'S HORRIBLE DECISION TO MAKE!!!!

Original review: June 9, 2019

I went to Raymond so-called manager with an issue. At the Glendale Heights LA Fitness location. I would like to know where they find these people and then make them managers. I really thought I was speaking to a 6-Year-old. My issue was poorly handled. I walked away scratching my head. Wondering what just happened? Was I speaking a foreign language or do I have 2 heads. I think you're getting the picture as to where I'm going with this. The issue was disregarded, no professionalism whatsoever. "DISAPPOINTED." Next and most important the place is filthy. They have a disgusting facility at best at this location. I am going to finish my year contract agreement. Then I'm going to look for a better club to join. Raymond go get some advice on how to talk to people.

Original review: June 9, 2019

So they just lost a member today. I signed up with LA Fitness because it's walking distance from my home and it's practical since I travel a lot throughout the U.S and Canada. Therefore, I would have used the LA Fitness in the USA. However, the main reason I signed up with LA Fitness is because of my conditioning training that I do which is a part of my 6 day training schedule. The personal training room at the Courtney Park Location has a heavy bag and this location (Eglinton & Hurontario) has the medicine balls and the rope that I do as part of my conditioning.

I have used the personal training room with no issue at the Courtney park Location. I specifically told sales at that location that I wanted to sign up with LA Fitness because I needed use of the Heavy Bag. At the Hurontario and Eglinton location, I asked front desk if I could use the personal training room and there was no issue using it. I used that room on occasion as part of my conditioning and no one has ever said I could not use the room. I use the medicine balls mostly and the rope if available.

Today one of the personal trainers with the ponytail approached me and told me the room was off limits. I explained to him the reason (above) why I signed up with LA Fitness and that no one said that I could not use the room. He replied, "well the front desk should not have told you that you could use the room". I could understand if the room was busy or I was using equipment that the personal trainer wanted to use but that was not even the case. The room was not busy. Here is where I had an issue. This person seemed to lack business, conflict resolution and customer service skills.

If there was a misunderstanding and because he represents the Wellness and Health industry he could have done one of the following: A) He could have said, "I will be using this equipment but you can use that other equipment." B) "Or this room is off limits but because you were told you could use the personal training room or have been using it, use it today but you can't next time" (the gym was closing in less than an hour).

How UNFRIENDLY! That's what bugged me the most. No compromise. You’re part of the health and wellness industry and a little kindness goes a long way. After that encounter, I stayed for a total of 20 minutes. You've lost a member. I will cancel my membership and I will drive out of my way to use another gym. There are how many medicine balls in that room and you had less than a handful of people in that room. Are you telling me I could not use ONE medicine ball?

Original review: May 21, 2019

Jimmy (the PT manager) is a scammer. He lured me away from my gym workout to do a “survey” for him. Then he pressures me into signing up for PT sessions. PT sessions that they don’t even have a trainers to fulfill. He says he will be your trainer, and then he sticks you with multiple new people with no experience that are there for a few days and then quit. Because of their “staffing issues”, there are no trainers.

Complain, and Jimmy says “if you want another trainer you have to pay more per month”. I have to pay more because you don’t have any trainers on staff! Then he says, “You can wait until they hire someone else”. So I should just keep paying you this monthly fee for nothing until you hire someone to fulfill your end of the agreement! That is **. Call to cancel PT sessions. They tell me a VP from the company will call me. A week later and still no call. So I filed a complaint with the BBB. All LA Fitness is doing is high pressure sales scam. Their personal trainers aren’t even qualified or certified. No experience whatsoever.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I signed up 4 months ago, they attached my account and credit card to someone I don't know, and repeatedly charge my card against his account, even after I cancelled the membership. Their CS reps said they couldn't help, I had to wait until the manager came back in on Monday. The general manager said I'd receive a call on Monday by noon. When I called at noon, the manager Vaughn, said he would call back in 15 minutes. When I called him back 3+ hours later, his answer was he was busy with other customers in front of him. Total joke, no one accountable or able to help. Never even used a single piece of equipment but got charged 4 months straight (credited back after the fact, but simply ridiculous).

Original review: May 15, 2019

I took membership and continued for one week. I had to cancel because of relocation. I have followed long process to cancel the membership. but they are continuously charging me since last four month... Even after cancellation.... Maybe this still continues....

Original review: May 12, 2019

On or about April 12th I received a phone call for a LA Fitness representative in regards to a past due bill for March and April 2019. It is at that time I requested for my membership to be cancelled and a final bill be mailed to the address on file. The representative informed me my final bill was $61.98. On April 14th I received an email in regards to the past due amount and it is at that time I requested for a final bill as well. As of today I have not received confirmation that my membership was cancelled. Also I see charges in the amount of $30.99 three times and $5.00 attempts daily on my card statement.

I received a reply after two months indicating membership cancellation is only in person to verify it’s actually you. My issue with that is how can you verify it’s me when you call to request payment over the phone? When you send an email to the address on file and I reply with the card or membership number why isn’t that sufficient to cancel my membership? I literally called my back to block them from charging my card on file. I’m only paying for the two months because that was explained over the phone or email back in April when I requested the membership cancellation.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I wish I had read all the reviews here before signed up for the gym. They're truly selfish and care for the money more than anything. Once you signed up for them, they never care about your problems. Before then they were trying to reach out to me to try their training sessions until I decided to sign up. Even though I told them I could not do a contract, I'd be moving out in like in 5 months, they said not a problem; they can take of it. The contract help me get better deal, that's all they want to help me. How's nice right?

Then, it's time, I'm moving out and trying to cancel the membership and trainings. I told them like 2 months in advance, so everything can be done smoothly. And, at least 3 times that they told me they’ll call me back the same day about my issues, but never; even though I went to see them in person couple times too. I ended up going to a different gym for helps. Until now, I do not even know if everything are solved for sure. I seriously do not want to talk to them for this problem anymore, especially if I'm not in the US. I seriously feel desperate. Sometime I want to report this to the police, not to sue them, just to protect my right that I have tried my best, but they did not do their job.

I wish I never deal with them in my life. Life is busy enough for moving out of the country, to cancel Xcel Energy and internet service are way easier. TRUST ME! Join the gym that's not so much about business, like YMCA, a university gym. Even though it could be more expensive, you’ll for sure not have to deal with people trying to sell personal training, charging you for the annual fee (out of nowhere), and dealing with cancellation that's totally nonsense.

Original review: May 6, 2019

This people are selfish people that only care about making money and do not care of actually helping their members. I am now have to deal with their headache and trying to purchase a home. Never again.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I was looking for a place to play indoor basketball in Florida so I tried the L.A. Fitness by my work. I went with the cheapest option to use the facility and play ball. The initiation fee was $75. Then it was about $37/mo with the 'annual fee' of $52. WAY too much money to play basketball!

Original review: April 30, 2019

The WORST customer service I have EVER seen in my life. They sign you up and then they neglect you. Once you sign up they don’t care about you anymore. I talked to literally everyone for some help with my personal training. They charged me almost 200 dollars a month for personal training excluding membership fees and they don’t have trainers available. What’s funny is right before you sign LA FITNESS personal training manager makes you feel everyone is there for but in reality no one is because they already got you. STAY AWAY FROM LA FITNESS.

Original review: April 28, 2019

This gym like most has its supply of immature bullies that think they're Hercules Unchained. Unfortunately, on two occasions I've experienced this incivility. Being a senior, I won't tolerate this nonsense. Btw, there's no presence of any representatives around anywhere, and therefore, no supervision of these "gen pop" folks. One incident occurred today and so I searched for a manager to inform of the situation. When I reported it to Tyler the "director of personal training" he began laughing and said it's my problem to deal with. I had him cancel my membership on the spot. If you don't mind an unsupervised prison yard, then this is the place for you.

Original review: April 19, 2019

I want to give LA fitness no star, but unfortunately, there is no option for that. Yesterday, I went to LA Fitness in Long Island and trying to cancel my gym membership. The front desk guy told me I have to come back tomorrow because they only make the cancellation from 9 AM to 5 PM. I ask: "What do you have to do to cancel the membership?" The guy said, “I have to click the cancel button, but I can't do that right now because of the policy. Or you can print out the form and mail it to the company.” Of course, I am not going to spend extra money to mail a form just to cancel my gym Membership.

Today, I went back to the gym at 0935. The staff told me the only person can do the cancellation is the operation manager, but he haven't come to work yet. I wait there until 1020. I ask the staff if they can call him. The staff was not willing to do that. The staff told me to write down my number. When the manager gets to work; they will call me. (They never call). Somehow my heart tells me I should go to a different gym. So I went to a different LA FITNESS. I am happy that I was able to get my gym membership canceled. The operation manager service in this LA fitness not any better. She gave me an bad attitude. I'm not even going through the detail. That just going to make me angry. This is the first time I wrote a review. I don't want other people have to go through the same thing that I did. Also I do not recommend the personal trainer with them. I'm sure you can find a better one and with better price too.

Original review: April 18, 2019

Caution! Think about seeing your kids with broken arms or bloody face one fine day with thousands of dollars medical expenses and painful nights - This is where Kids Club at LA Fitness welcomes you even when you are paying higher monthly membership with respect to other Gyms. My 5 years old daughter got injured very badly. When I asked for CCTV footage, manager informed that they did not put camera there due to legal constraints as that would require more parameters to implement before they get the eligibility. This is just to cover up their lack of supervision, high level of carelessness, negligence to safety and least responsibility.

Original review: April 17, 2019

Each time I have been to the sauna at the Lynnwood LA Fitness, there are women talking in very loud voices to each other across other people - very inconsiderate. I have asked management to address this situation and it seems they have had other complaints about it. They do nothing - a simple notice to please keep your voices to a respectful level posted on the door would be so easy. But they refuse to - instead they ask the other guests to control the situation. They are so lackadaisical about member concerns once they get your monthly dues - it seems that is all they care about. They have been through manager after manager at this location, and it seems they forget to train them in Customer Service - they seem to disregard the fact that they are there for US. Sad way to run a business.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I had moved to a different city, so I wanted to cancel my membership with LA Fitness. I went to their office area, and was told I need to only cancel with the their office manager, who only worked at 9-5pm which were inconvenient for people who work those hours. The saleswoman told me however that I was able to cancel my membership with a form that that was convenient as I would moved to a different city as it would take me an hour to go to the gym to cancel in purpose. I send in the mail. This was much easier for me. So I had submitted the form to the main office in LA, California. I did not think of anything afterwards.

For the following months I was still charged for my membership, even though I had submitted the paperwork to a T. I then called my bank to halt the charges as they were incorrect charges. Again I didn't think of it any further. I then was called multiple times by LA Fitness collections that I need to pay my monthly dues. I have told them my prior cancelation process. They then told me that they did not have the authority to cancel my membership. I told them to then take it on their end to someone within LA Fitness to cancel my membership. They told me they were unable to do so.

My last resort was to call their main office number to cancel my membership. At that point I was able do. However my membership would have a negative balance. The customer service representative would told me that it would not go to collections and if I chose to start a new membership, it would be a different account. I have worked with other gyms such as 24 Fitness and Planet Fitness. With those gyms, I could talk to anyone who was at the front desk to cancel my membership. Not so with LA Fitness. This has been the only gym that has been the most challenging to cancel a membership. The experience has been frustrating, annoying, and a waste of time. LA Fitness specifically has this system to maintain a revenue for them. I suggest to never use this service unless it was the only gym in your area, and you know you will moving at any means for work, pleasure, or family.

Original review: April 15, 2019

I was told 1 thing at the Doral FL location and another over the phone w/ customer service. I wanted to add 2 members and a guest to my husband's acct. I was told I could not do this. Lie NO 1. I had to open a new membership. I had an online offer for $0 down for family add ons and was told they would honor at the loc. Lie No 2. Long story short I was told and it was handwritten on a piece of paper that I would be paying 74.98 a month.

Lie No 3. I was charged $122.00 and then another $37.99 the same month. I have tried several times to speak to someone at the Doral but either they do not speak well English to understand and I even heard a chuckle from the man with the broken English as well, which supposedly was the accounts manager. I called customer service. They said I have to go the the Doral location and back and forth. It's so unprofessional frustrating. I still do not have a clear answer to the billing issue. If all would have gone well I could have put 2 new members add ons to my husband's account and call it a day. I feel ripped off and have wasted so much time on this issue.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Three months ago I signed up. I’ve been here several times before and I was a pleased with the services about 2 -3 years ago. Today it’s a-shame at how they do people. I thought I can trust them to take out the $29.99 dollars every month only. Well today not only did they snatch $29.99 from me; but also $49.99 the next second. Right beside my bank statement says an annual fee. I called these money hungry vampire scumbags and this lady tells me. Well we charge an annual fee after three months. I told her it’s not even a whole year yet. And flew down there to cancel immediately.

Then I respectfully asked if they offer refunds for my $49.99 since it was not a whole year to even take out “annually” because like I said. IT'S ONLY BEEN THREE MONTHS since I’ve joined. She reacted they way I was hoping she would not. She came off very negative, defensive, as well as being sarcastic (The whole time I’m talking to my aunt in the phone about this horrible experience). I told her look I don’t feel like hearing all that I just want to cancel and get out of here. She says your cancellation done. Then I asked her can I have a print out. She does it and sarcastically says have a good day, which this company ruined my entire day. Left me with less money in my bank and then finds a way to get nasty because you are leaving them. My advice buy your own gym equipment and set it up in the privacy of your own home. I will never let another greedy money making gym pimp take out my account as long as I live.

Original review: April 2, 2019

It feel like that they are determined to get money from you by pulling any tricks possible. First they said no annual fee, good price and access to any LA fitness. After we sign up they send us change notice and we have to pay higher monthly fee than what we agreed to and they lost our original paperwork we signed. Next they said it does not include any LA fitness just local one. Yesterday we got update that we have to pay annual fee. I waiting what will be next. But we are in process to change to different place. So be careful. They are there to get you.

Original review: April 2, 2019

Member of this LA Fitness location for 5 months. Staff does not interact or police gym at all. Main complaint-broken equipment and jerks who have video conferences, no headsets, yelling at each other - can you believe it! I ask about cell phone policies and they have no idea what I'm talking about. If someone walked around and kicked the jerks off equipment who are just sitting and talking on phones, we could actually get a routine done.

Original review: April 1, 2019

I signed up on Dec 29th and paid 198 and I was told 24.99 a month was what I would pay. Now on April 1st a mysterious annual bill pops up on my Reddit card for 49.99 for one thing in 4 months is NOT annual and where did this come from. I was never told of any other bill. For the other part of this review their hours are terrible. If any other gym shows up close enough to use I will leave and never look back. RIP OFF ALERT! ON THE ONLY GOOD NOTE PEOPLE AT THE FRONT ARE NICE BUT AS A COMPANY THIS IS A TOTAL RIP OFF.

Original review: March 30, 2019

I was planning on joining the club in Randolph since my family relocated recently from South Jersey, NJ. Upon arriving I was told that the class I was interested in was cancelled, but Kevin took my information anyway and I was told to download the 4 days pass and come back. I asked Kevin if I can take a walk around the gym and he did allow it, but never suggested he will take me around to show the facility or tell me more about the club/answer any questions. While walking around by myself I saw the class actually wasn't cancelled and I did try it out.

Today, I came to the gym to try a yoga class and was told by Kevin that he cannot use my downloaded 4 day pass because I already used my one day pass. I was never warned that I will not be able to use the 4 days pass and that on the day I had my first visit I'm using a 1 day pass. Kevin and the other manager just laughed at me basically and said they've been there for many years and it is always like that. They never even apologized for not explaining it to me on the first visit or for any inconvenience, when I asked for the phone # to call I was provided with the # that is no longer in service. My husband has been a member of LA Fitness for 17 years now in South Jersey, and it is very disappointing to have an experience like this at the new place which we were considering to join. If this is the customer service for the potential members what can we expect when we join?

Original review: March 28, 2019

I am a current member, soon to be a former member of LA Fitness. I have been a member for almost 4 years and they have low level customer service. At their Alexandria Virginia location on Heneska Lane, their Director of training, Justin is the reason I will be ceasing my membership. He was very manipulative with trying to get me to sign up with a trainer. He was personable and friendly, but once he knew I had to “think on it” he became so rude, dismissive, disrespectful and mean. He told me “ we don’t need you to sign up, we have 1,500 members at this location” and also said “if you sign up it’s no benefit to me and it’s something for you, we don’t need you to sign up”.

In an attempt to sale the training sign up, Justin devalued the group classes such as Pilates and yoga and deemed them “old lady classes” which was a shock to me and I responded with “that's not nice, those are paying customers”. It was such a turn off and I immediately asked for a manager. They informed me a manager was not on site and would not give me a last name of the manager. This location is very unprofessional and sadly I spend money here only to be mistreated and uncared for.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Worse gym ever. The employees are rude. For all the times I tried to go swim, the pool is either dirty, crowded, someone is adding cleaners or noisy maintenance. For few times, at around 6:00 am,while I am entering, an employee would stop me to ask to take a photo. A person called many times to schedule a personal training. I said I am busy. He insisted. I agreed just to escape this continuous calling. At the day of the appointment (it took me a lot of efforts to fit his time to my schedule) he called and canceled claiming he has a conference call!! Seriously? I said fine. He started calling back again. He didn't stop until I went and found him in person and said, "I will find you when I need a personal eval, please stop calling me." I went few times in the early morning and the pool was so crowded, so I returned home without exercising.

Today, I went to cancel my membership and the woman was extremely RUDE. She lied about my obligations claiming that I need to pay half the rest of the contract year fees, or stay as a member until the end of that year. I told her that I am not aware of such rules and that I was informed about $50.00 cancellation fees only. Hum, she changed her words. I asked her to subtract the leftover fees of March from the cancellation fees, since I will not use the gym EVER AGAIN. She refused. Now I am paying LA fitness money for a service that I do not want or use. Fraud!!! The location is Westworth, Tarrant County, TX.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I have recently joined the LA Club in Houston. At the time I joined, I paid for the multi club access and when I showed up they said my membership was for single club access; However, after several phone calls, the club corrected the problem and I could go to any location if needed. Three months later I got hit for a yearly membership charge (which I wasn't made aware off during the signing up) and when I call the local club manager and was told that it is written in the contract and it's up to me to read, they are not obligated to advise you at the point of signing up contract.

So I went ahead and cancel the membership even I just paid the full year membership. Lastly, they do not make the cancellation process that easy, you must go to the club to do it or create an online account before you can download the cancellation form. Overall, I wish that I can give them 1/2 star because that is what LA Fitness Club is worth. I should have read the reviews before joining this club.

LA Fitness expert review by Joey Thurman

LA Fitness was founded in Southern California in 1984. Today it has over 300 locations across the United States and Canada. LA Fitness offers fitness equipment, group classes and personal training.

• Group fitness: LA Fitness offers a wide variety of fitness classes at its locations, including Boot Camp, Belly Dancing, Cardio Jam, Cycle, Hip Hop, Latin Heat and more. Use the fitness class locator tool on LA Fitness’s website to locate a class near you, learn what to expect and find out what to bring.

• Personal training: Certified trainers offer free one-hour fitness assessments for new members and additional training for a fee. A trainer can help you determine your pace, set goals and track your progress over time.

• Pools: Many LA Fitness locations feature heated indoor swimming pools, which provide a great low-impact fitness option. You can take swim lessons, swim laps or do group fitness classes in the pool.

• Kids Klub: Some LA Fitness locations feature a Kids Klub childcare service. Additional fees may apply.

• League events: LA Fitness offers league and team events throughout the year at most of its locations. These include basketball leagues, racquetball tournaments and many other competitive activities for those who like team fitness.

• Best for: fitness novices, athletes and fitness buffs.

Profile picture of Joey Thurman
Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

LA fitness Company Information