LA fitness

LA fitness
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.92/5

LA fitness Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA fitness?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about LA Fitness?

Original review: April 19, 2020

The one I go to is new. All the equipment is good, and at the time I go there is enough for everyone to use without being on top of each other. The pool only has two laps, but people share and we are able to make it work. The whirlpool is excellent. The locker rooms are fine, but they do not have enough people cleaning and members dump their towels all over the place. Overall, I am happy with the gym.

Original review: April 13, 2020

Not all LA Fitness are nice.. 4949 147th Street Hawthorne CA is the best.. Used to be a Gold's gym.. Clean except for jacuzzi and floating debris and lukewarm 50 percent of the time but good seating.. Tv... Big area to relax. Nice people for most part except for lady wanting to minister to me... And girl a couple of times saying there's the ugly girl in the sauna to her friend but on the whole it beats really dirty ugly 24 hr clubs with snotty personnel and tons of harassers in the locker room and cold pools like in Hermosa Beach.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 10, 2020

I love LA Fitness and the people who work there. I am frustrated that they charged us a full month's membership and then closed down 5 days later due to Corona Virus and refuse to refund us...they give us only option to have a free month put on the back of our membership or give a three month membership to someone. After repeated request to have a refund I just get an email that is obviously a form letter with the same options. Other than that, the gym is amazing.

Original review: April 7, 2020

LA Fitness is a very clean gym. Equipment is always operable depending on which location you go to; you may run into some staff members that are pretty snobby. They have many locations throughout the states. If ever you need to cancel or suspend you membership that is where the issue is. You are required to mail a piece of paper requesting a cancellation to their California office. It just so happens they never receive said paperwork that is mailed to them, and customer service is absolutely no help.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I’m a new Marine on RA (recruiters assistance), and I was looking for a gym to use during my two week duty. When I went in to the LA Fitness in Greece NY, Patrick, the man at the desk, set me up so that I am using the equipment at both facilities near me free of charge during this period.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

Elmhurst (IL) L.A. Fitness is ok, but their corporate office is awful. I mailed them a cancellation letter (to CA) in April, they never processed it. Kept on billing me monthly $30 plus billed my annual fee $50. They finally refunded the monthly fee but not annual feel. While on the phone with corporate I was polite, calm, and professional with the rep, Sarah, who insisted she cannot do anything about the annual fee. I asked if the company is ok with losing a client forever and what negativity comes with that due to reviews and word of mouth. She responded that she cannot do anything and hung up before I was done talking. Awful business attitude.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I haven’t been to the gym since March when covid started to get real bad in south Florida. As soon as they all started to open my account had 6 charges on it. Some I got refunded. Then I froze my account till November. All of the sudden Aug 1 at hit and I get charged $360 for personal training on a frozen account that I’m not even going to use. And they refuse to refund me and will use it as a CREDIT in NOVEMBER when my ACCOUNT is NO longer FROZEN?!?!! ** I want my refund. Or close my account altogether. It’s like they are incapable of doing a simple billing job. I’ve called, was on hold for a long time (understandable). I’ve emailed and they aren’t giving my money back. LA fitness Sunrise Florida.

Original review: July 29, 2020

I became a member on March 1st, 2020. Paid all upfront fees about $170 for me and my Husband, only used the club 8 days because of the quarantine. In June they charged us an annual fee that we were not informed of when we became members. We tried calling the 1800 number no one answers the calls, they only rely on what’s written on paper, I signed the membership agreement but unfortunately I relied on what the sales rep disclosed fees on a blank paper and the annual fee of $90 was not mentioned. We have paid them over $300 and only used the club 8 days.

Is a total scam, if you plan to use this club make sure you read the small letters on the agreement because their sales reps do not mention it I guess is because they just want to make sales, If he had mentioned an annual fee I would have never enrolled. So you pay first month, initiation fee, last month and annual fee but the annual fee they charge you two or three months later, the scam on their behalf is charging three months later the annual fee and not telling you verbally at the time of enrollment. Pure Scam!!

Original review: July 7, 2020

Hello! I arrived at LA Fitness in Clearwater where I was attended by Joseph ** and we told him that we are foreigners, that we wanted to work out for two months, as we will be returning to our country. That was two weeks before they closed Gym because of Covid. He charged: registration fee, 2 months in advance and he warned at the time that we would not need to pay the annual fee, as we would freeze (we would only use two months).

There were undue charges on the card. To resolve it, we had to go to the Gulf to Bay unit several times and speak to Mr Joseph **. The first time, he asked us to call the central and besides waiting two hours to be attended, our problem was not solved. We returned to the gym, and the attendant said they would refund the amount unduly charging.

I sent an email two days ago to Mr Joseph because there was no return from him or LA Fitness emails and I was informed him that the annual fee would not be refunded, The feeling of being cheated was great. I learned that the word does not count and in the next transfers, I will ask for it all by email or added to the contract. Completely dissatisfied with the service.

Original review: June 30, 2020

6/30/2020 current time 5:32 PM CST: I called and got half of the explanation of what I was looking for. They transferred me to management who can determine if I can be credited the monthly charges because of Covid-19. I am waiting for about 1 hour and 50 minutes as of now. It's so long I decided to wait to see if it will just hang up on me since business hour will be over soon. It's unreal, I wonder if Covid-19 can last LA Fitness wait time. We will see.

LA Fitness author review by Joey Thurman

LA Fitness was founded in Southern California in 1984. Today it has over 300 locations across the United States and Canada. LA Fitness offers fitness equipment, group classes and personal training.

• Group fitness: LA Fitness offers a wide variety of fitness classes at its locations, including Boot Camp, Belly Dancing, Cardio Jam, Cycle, Hip Hop, Latin Heat and more. Use the fitness class locator tool on LA Fitness’s website to locate a class near you, learn what to expect and find out what to bring.

• Personal training: Certified trainers offer free one-hour fitness assessments for new members and additional training for a fee. A trainer can help you determine your pace, set goals and track your progress over time.

• Pools: Many LA Fitness locations feature heated indoor swimming pools, which provide a great low-impact fitness option. You can take swim lessons, swim laps or do group fitness classes in the pool.

• Kids Klub: Some LA Fitness locations feature a Kids Klub childcare service. Additional fees may apply.

• League events: LA Fitness offers league and team events throughout the year at most of its locations. These include basketball leagues, racquetball tournaments and many other competitive activities for those who like team fitness.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

LA fitness Company Information