4.4/5 (661 ratings)

About Zenni Optical

Zenni crafts prescription and nonprescription glasses that are both affordable and stylish through its factory-direct, online model. Customers can choose from more than 6,000 frames and custom-made lens options. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, the company delivers nationally and internationally within about two weeks of purchase. Zenni glasses go through a quality check that includes testing for defects and prescription accuracy. A complimentary lens cloth, anti-scratch coating and UV protection come with all orders.

Pros

• Blue light/UV-blocking lens tech
  • Stylish selection
  • Affordable industry-standard frames

Cons

• No brick-and-mortar store
  • Limited return policy

Bottom Line

Zenni Optical has a wide selection of prescription glasses under $7 for women, men and kids. There's no in-store option for trying on glasses, but returns are accepted within 30 days for store credit or a 50% refund.

Zenni Optical Reviews

1 featured review
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenni Optical?

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Zenni's website was very easy to use. They got some good styles and really great prices, and shipping is very fast. It was faster than expected. The glasses have good quality. It hasn't broken yet. The prescription is perfect.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I received the glasses in three weeks, which was a little longer than I expected. I would also like to be able to measure. The glasses sit and push my 3-year-old's ears out a bit, so if there was an ability to get a side measurement. But the quality seems good. The glasses are holding up.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

The quality of the glasses are good. I was skeptical at first because it wasn't from a shop that you get in store. I will refer others to Zenni Optical's website.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Zenni's glasses are good quality and not too expensive. They have a lot of great options.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Purchasing through Zenni’s website was simple and for prescription glasses, their shipping was quick. The glasses were durable for the price. I always refer friends to Zenni if they’re looking for inexpensive glasses and something that will hold up. I've had a few friends order from them and they like it.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

Zenni is a very affordable website for glasses and I've been ordering from them for a couple of years. The online ordering process has been a good experience. It’s straightforward and the hardest part probably is deciding which frames. One of the features I had trouble with was the distance between the pupils. And in the end, I decided to not care about that and just get a frame. If it doesn't fit my face that well, it's okay, I can deal with it. I like the Try-On feature where you can upload your face and they’ll put the lenses on you. For some lenses, they have a 3D view so you can rotate it in the frame. I also like the filter features of the color and material.

Most of the frames I've gotten are plastic. They're long lasting because I've had the same frames for four years and they haven't broken. And I take naps in them. The only complaint I have for my current frame would be that it slips off my face. But that's a problem with glasses in general, not with my frame, because it happens with a lot of people.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2023

I've ordered six pairs, and I love them. I have recommended several people to Zenni as well.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2023

I picked the glasses, almost get random but I tried them on via the Tryon feature. That came and they looked amazing. I was worried my script wasn't going to be right but they work very well and I enjoy them.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

I have received my order as expected via the post, whereupon I gave them to my tiny human to see if they fit just as they had his old pair, for we had re-ordered the last pair of glasses he'd received to replace the pair he broke. They were basically the same pair.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2023

My pair of glasses I had been wearing daily broke, so I ordered a new pair from Zenni that I could get relatively quickly and for a low price. Got a great pair of frames and lenses for a great price!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I ordered the Oleophobic (premium oil and fingerprint resistant) Anti-Reflective Coating, but it does not work. My glasses stay smug and hard to keep clean. It does not matter what I use, it will continue to get smug up. Any suggestions?

Zenni Optical response

Thank you for posting your Zenni review of what appears to be the first order you placed with us, order o5090162814, placed on November 1, 2022, for one pair of standard progressive eyeglasses.

We were sorry to read that the oleophobic (fingerprint-resistant) anti-reflective coating your purchased for your glasses does not keep the lenses from getting smudged.

Consequently, we apologize for any disappointment you experienced as a result.

We want to recommend that when the lenses get smudged, you wash them with warm water and gentle, non-abrasive soap, such as hand soap or dish soap, then dry the lenses with the microfiber cloth that was included with the eyeglasses.

In addition, you may want to visit the Zenni website and purchase a Lens Spray Kit for $4.95, which will help you keep the lenses clean: https://www.zennioptical.com/p/cleaning-kit/A1102000?skuId=A110200030.

However, if these suggestions do not keep the lenses from smudging, although the U.S. Postal Service website advises that this order was delivered to you on November 9, 2022, which means that it is outside its 30-day warranty period, which starts the day the glasses are delivered, insofar as this appears to be the first order you placed with us, we can make a one-time customer service exception on your behalf to extend the warranty period to enable you to return the glasses to us for one of our two refund options – either a 100 percent refund of the price of the glasses in the form of store credit to your Zenni account or a 50 percent refund to the credit card you used to pay for the order.

Therefore, we invite you to telephone Zenni Customer Service, at 1-800-211-2105, and anyone who answers will be eager to assist you when you provide the order number, o5090162814.

If the wait to speak with a customer service representative is lengthy, you may have an online Chat with us by clicking the button labeled Support, at the lower right-hand corner of every page of the Zenni website.

Alternatively, you may email us, at service@zennioptical.com, and if you choose this communication method, please put your order number, o5090162814, in the subject line of the email, and in the body of the email please advise of the refund option you prefer.

We will email you the instructions to return the eyeglasses for the refund option you select, and we will also email you the prepaid mailing label to use for return postage.

We hope to hear back from you about this matter, in the hope that the suggestions we offered will help you keep the lenses clear.

If not, we hope that we may resolve this matter with one of our two refund options.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2023

I can't see anything within 5 feet of me unless I move them down to the tip of my nose. I have tried wearing them thinking I would get use to them, but that has not been successful. The holiday season made it more difficult to try to tolerate because I had so much to do.

Zenni Optical response

Thank you for posting your Zenni review of what appears to be the first order you placed with us, order o5186960328, placed on November 19, 2022, for one pair of single-vision distance eyeglasses with a strongly nearsighted prescription.

We were sorry to read that you could not see well with these eyeglasses, and we apologize for any disappointment you experienced as a result.

The U.S. Postal Service website advises that this order was delivered to you on November 26, 2022, which means that it was out of its 30-day warranty period when you posted your review on January 5, 2023.

Nevertheless, insofar as this appears to be the first order you placed with us, we can make a one-time customer service exception to extend the warranty period on your behalf to enable you to return these eyeglasses to us for an inspection, if you confirm with a copy of the prescription you received from your eye doctor that you entered the prescription correctly.

Therefore, we invite you to telephone Zenni Customer Service, at 1-800-211-2105, and anyone who answers will be eager to assist you when you provide the order number, o5186960328.

Please have a copy of the prescription handy when you call, because the customer service representative will ask you to email the prescription to them, to confirm that it was entered correctly.

If the pupillary distance (PD) you entered, 59 millimeters, is not on the prescription, please be prepared to advise how the PD was obtained – self-measurement, friend or family member measurement, or eye doctor measurement.

If you confirm that you entered the prescription and PD correctly, we will email you instructions to return the glasses to us for an inspection, and we will also email you a prepaid mailing label to use for return postage.

If our inspection finds any manufacturing errors on the glasses, we will offer to remake them for you for free.

But if we find no manufacturing errors, we can return the glasses to you or offer one of our two refund options upon the return of the glasses – either a 100 percent refund of the price of the glasses in the form of store credit to your Zenni account or a 50 percent refund to the credit card you used to pay for the order.

Alternatively, you may email us, at service@zennioptical.com, and if you choose this communication method, please put your order number, o5186960328, in the subject line of the email, and in the body of the email please attach a copy of the prescription.

If the PD is not on the prescription, please advise how it was obtained – self-measurement, friend or family member measurement, or eye doctor measurement.

If you confirm that the prescription and PD were entered correctly, we will email you the return-for-inspection instructions and the prepaid mailing label to use for return postage.

However, if it turns out that something was entered incorrectly on the order, we can offer you either the 100 percent refund of the price of the glasses in the form of store credit to your Zenni account or the 50 percent refund to the credit card you used to pay for the order.

We hope to hear back from you about this matter, in the hope that we may resolve it with an inspection or one of our two refund options.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Super good quality! I cannot believe these glasses were only $10! They compare to my other glasses that I got a year ago and I paid $300 for. I can't tell the difference between the two. I wish I knew that Zenni was around before I spent $400 on the same quality glasses. I will definitely be ordering my glasses through Zenni!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

My glasses arrived pretty quickly. Zenni has always provided excellent services. We have been using Zenni for many years now and have always been very satisfied. I have buy all my grandkids glasses from Zenni as well as my daughters.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

The employees I talked with were very helpful. They walked me through ordering. Their assistant was very much appreciated. Ordering was made very easy over the phone. When I called I was aggravated because I couldn’t figure out how to order no-line bifocals. The assistant walked me through it very patently. I enjoy ordering through Zenni. Shipping was very fast.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

I love the fast shipping! My glasses are always amazing and great prices! I only purchase my glasses on Zenni now! I recommend them to everyone that will listen! I love that I can try on the glasses virtually and see how they look! Thank you for always adding new styles. I love it!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

Nice, I like the end product. It really holds up again pressure. My son is very rough and these glasses are nice and tough. I really appreciate the fact that I can order via online and submit his prescription. This was a big factor in using this service. I appreciate that I could speak with someone about my order. Thank you for reaching out to me regarding what I think about using your service.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2023

As a school nurse I often provide needed assistance to families. In this case, I was able to provide glasses for a student that was "in between" the Medicaid guidelines and needed a pair ASAP. Many of our families are not able provide for a second pair. I'm so grateful that Zenni is available with a quality product at such a great cost.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2023

Better glasses than the ones you spend 5 times the money on at the optometrist. Great quality, look great, fit perfect. I've referred several family members and friends to Zenni who all feel the exact same way that I do. I have purchased multiple pairs, and will continue to do so.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

Overall, I’ve had a great experience with my goggles. I primarily use them for basketball, and they’ve been great allowing me to play to the best of my abilities and practices and games. The only issue I would say they have is that the strap can sometimes snap off occasionally.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

I absolutely love them and they fit so much better than my regular glasses and honestly feel like I can see much better since they don’t slide off my face and have been so great for using at work since I work such a physical job!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

This is the 6th pair we have purchased from you and always they are just what we wanted and the prescription is cut just right. Best glasses we have ever had and we have had many pair over the last 40 years. The price is always good and the many styles to choose from are great. Delivery is always relatively quick.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

I love Zenni. I will only order from here. Now I get my glasses super quick and so many choices. Not just my regular glasses also my sunglasses. I have told many of my friends, family and coworkers about getting a good deal on glasses.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

I Ordered my reading glasses prescription on a pair of glasses. They are blurry and not clear. I’m not sure if it’s the blue light protection or what the issue is but I can’t really wear them. Feel they were a waste of my money.

Zenni Optical response

Thank you for posting your Zenni review of what appears to be the first order you placed with us, order o5188380037, placed on November 21, 2022, for one pair of single-vision eyeglasses with our Blokz® blue-light-blocking feature, and what you state is your reading prescription.

The U.S. Postal Service website advises that this order was delivered to you on December 2, 2022, which means that it was within its 30-day warranty period when you posted your review on January 1, 2023.

Therefore, we invite you to telephone Zenni Customer Service, at 1-800-211-2105, and anyone who answers will be eager to assist you when you provide the order number, o5188380037.

If the pupillary distance (PD) you entered, 57 millimeters, is not on the prescription, please be prepared to advise how the PD was obtained – self-measurement, friend or family member measurement, or eye doctor measurement.

Since you advise that these eyeglasses are intended to be near-vison reading glasses, we hope that you lowered your distance PD by 3 mm, which is the practice for single-vision reading glasses.

But if it turns out that something was entered incorrectly on the order, or if you return the glasses for an inspection and we find no manufacturing errors on the glasses, we can return the glasses to you or offer one of our two refund options upon the return of the glasses – a 100 percent refund of the price of the glasses in the form of store credit to your Zenni account or a 50 percent refund to the credit card you used to pay for the order.

Alternatively, you may email us, at service@zennioptical.com, and if you choose this communication method, please put your order number, o5188380037, in the subject line of the email, and please attach a copy of the prescription to the body of the email.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

I've been purchasing my glasses exclusively from Zenni for many years now, and I've never had a bad experience. The glasses always arrive in a timely fashion, and are of such a high quality that even my optometrist says that they are better than what his in-house optician can make for many times the price.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

My order from Zenni Optical was a great experience and I’m very happy with my new glasses and I will be getting my mom to order a pair pretty soon because she can’t see from the old ones and I hope that it will be just as good as mine was. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

Always prompt in their delivery. Also, keeps track of prescriptions so you can look them up. Product is quality with fair price with lots of options. I have used Zenni for years and have always been happy with the service and products.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

We were extremely pleased with my daughter’s glasses that we ordered. It’s affordable, the order actually ended up coming way earlier than we were originally told they would be delivered, and the quality is excellent! The ordering process was extremely easy as well! I highly recommend Zenni!

Original review: Jan. 1, 2023

The glasses were not the right prescription- they are blurry and unable to see or read anything. I reviewed the prescription submitted and I believe it is correct. Very disappointed as I had purposed another pair of Zenni glasses and loved them.

Zenni Optical response

Thank you for posting your Zenni review of the most recent order you placed with us, order o5184306715, placed on November 15, 2022, for one pair of single-vision eyeglasses.

The U.S. Postal Service website advises that this order was delivered to you on November 25, 2022, which means that it was outside its 30-day warranty period when you posted your review on January 1, 2023.

Nevertheless, we can make a one-time customer service exception to extend the warranty period on your behalf to enable you to return these eyeglasses to us for an inspection, if you confirm with a copy of the prescription you received from your eye doctor that you entered the prescription correctly.

We see a previous order you placed with us, order o3369095187, placed on October 26, 2020, with a different prescription but the same PD.

Therefore, we invite you to telephone Zenni Customer Service, at 1-800-211-2105, and anyone who answers will be eager to assist you when you provide the order number, o5184306715.

If the pupillary distance (PD) you entered, 58 millimeters, is not on the prescription, please be prepared to advise how the PD was obtained – self-measurement, friend or family member measurement, or eye doctor measurement.

But if we find no manufacturing errors, we can return the glasses to you or offer you one of our two refund options upon the return of the glasses – either a 100 percent refund of the price of the glasses in the form of store credit to your Zenni account or a 50 percent refund to the credit card you used to pay for the order.

Alternatively, you may email us, at service@zennioptical.com, and if you choose this communication method, please put your order number, o5184306715, in the subject line of the email, and in the body of the email please attach a copy of the prescription.

However, if it turns out that something was entered incorrectly on the order, we can offer you either the 100 percent refund of the price of the glasses in the form of store credit to your Zenni account or the 50 percent refund to the credit card you used to pay for the order upon the return of the glasses.

We will email you the instructions to return the glasses for the refund option you select, and we will also email you the prepaid mailing label.

We hope to hear back from you about this matter, in the additional hope that we may resolve it with an inspection or one of our two refund options.

We also hope that you have a great 2023!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2022

The first time that I used Zenni was not pleasant. I received my second pair of glasses with the same prescription as my first one, and I received them and it didn't have any prescription on it at all. So when I called Zenni, they said that I input it incorrectly. But I used whatever prescription was saved. So it took the rep about 45 minutes to tell me what I did wrong before she would give me a credit and asked for me to resend them back. When I used them again, I had called back to have them make sure my prescription was correct, and the rep was very helpful.

Zenni Optical response

Thank you for posting your Zenni review of your order o5186936511, placed on November 19, 2022, for one pair of single-vision dark amber sunglasses with a rose-gold mirror finish and our Blokz® blue-light-blocking feature.

We see that you entered +0.25 on the two Spheres in this order, whereas on your first order, o4307600262, placed on November 18, 2021, we changed the two Spheres to +2.25 after you contacted us on the date you placed the order, advising that the Spheres needed to be changed to +2.25.

We see no subsequent notes in the database record of this order indicating that you had any issues with these eyeglasses.

You returned the eyeglasses from order o5186936511 for a 100 percent refund of their price in the form of store credit to your Zenni account.

You used a combination of store credit and funds from a credit card to pay for your next order, o5195970485, placed on December 5, 2022, for one pair of single-vision eyeglasses with Blokz®, and it was good to see that you entered +2.25 on the Spheres.

The U.S. Postal Service website advises that these glasses were delivered to you on December 15, 2022, and we hope that you are satisfied with these eyeglasses.

Zenni Optical Company Information