Call toll free
3.98/5
Based on 428 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003 by two scientists, Zenni Optical has grown from a small, local San Francisco company to one of the largest online optical retailers. Their mission is to provide affordable eyewear, and offer a wide selection from prescription eyeglasses to custom goggles. Their manufacturing process uses the most current materials and ship directly from their factory, cutting out the middleman. Zenni's catalog lists over 6,000 frames and is manufactured in their 248,000 square-foot facility and is passed through a rigorous quality control inspection before being shipped to you. Visit their website today to find the perfect pair for you!

Zenni Optical Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

944 Zenni Optical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 18, 2018

My Medicaid covers my glasses but the Medicaid glasses are cheap. I didn’t really like them and I only had a choice to get another one. But every time I go to an optical, they just sell the brand ones. So I decided to get them online and I looked for non-brand prescription frames. Ordering online from Zenni was fast and easy. I did it through my phone. That was how fast and easy it was. I had my prescription and I filled everything out. I had a question about something that I had to put a number in but there was a little question mark and that helped me out. The glasses came fast too.

Receiving my package was the highlight. When I actually got to wear them, I was super amazed. My glasses are perfect and I love them. Most of my glasses are of the same style. They’re black and square-shaped. They look like Ray-Ban. I've had the glasses for about four months and I’ve been taking really good care of them. Usually, the cloths that come with glasses are not that helpful but the one from Zenni was really helpful. The glasses don't have glare and I love that. I wear contacts and my contacts are extremely glaring. I will recommend Zenni Optical to a friend. They have a million styles and they’re very affordable.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 17, 2018

I didn’t like the glasses that I got from my doctor and wanted some backup ones. My friend told me about Zenni Optical’s page as she buys glasses from them. She has two pairs and she told me to get from Zenni for their glasses are cheap and nice. Zenni has a good page and I’ve only ordered one pair which were full rim glasses. Their buying process was easy and fast. I even told my parents and my stepdad got some glasses too. The glasses are great, I love them, and they have lasted me a long a time. They are a bit big on me but they’re not falling off constantly. Although it bothers me a little when I look at the light and it reflects and shows two lights, I didn’t pay for the option of not having that. Other than that, I would recommend Zenni Optical to my friends and they got them too.

Original review: June 16, 2018

I ordered a pair of sunglasses on June 1st, I received them on June 15. Although the prescription is fine the frames are the cheapest looking frames I have ever seen! I can get a $10.00 pair that looks better than these. I will not be ordering from here again.

Original review: June 16, 2018

My co-worker had a good experience with Zenni Optical. I then got a full rim, kids glasses for my son. I’ve ordered six pairs now as young kids would break them. The online ordering process is very easy as long as I have all the information. Everything has been great and I definitely recommend them to a few friends. It was a quick and an easy experience.

Original review: June 15, 2018

Our daughter had purchased glasses through Zenni Optical and had a good experience. The prescription was accurate. We also thought it’s less expensive than going the traditional route so we decided to try it out with my husband’s glasses. Everything went well with them. My husband uses the glasses every day. In fact, we’re gonna be ordering some more. I’ve also told friends about Zenni Optical and let them know that their prices are reasonable and their products are really good. I have friends that are trying it because they can’t afford to purchase them normally.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenni Optical?

Original review: June 14, 2018

A friend told me about the price point of the Zenni glasses and it sounded like a good deal. You can also upload a picture and that worked for me. I have an oddly-shaped head and I have a really hard time finding glasses. I was really surprised because the fit was so perfect. I've had the full rim glasses for about four months now. I liked the way they looked and the quality is good. I would tell others them to go check Zenni out. They have good prices and a decent selection.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: June 13, 2018

I placed an order & paid in full for 2 pairs on glasses on May 25, 2018. After a week with no email indicating the progress or estimated shipping date I live chatted with Zenni. I was told that it would take 14-21 days for my order to arrive & someone would contact me via email. I later received an email saying the same thing & if I wanted to cancel the order to notify them. Another week later I emailed again asking about shipping date. Zenni responded by saying they were "waiting for me to tell them it was okay to ship". This angered me so I called & asked Zenni why they needed me to tell them to ship? I spoke with a manager named Joe who apologized & promised to not only email the lab to direct ship but that he would monitor my order & I would get email abt tracking #.

On 6/7/18 I receive email that my order shipped & I would get tracking info in 2 days. 6 Days go by with NO info so I contact them again & get a email 6/13/18 saying my order arrived in California {not direct to my home} & I will be updated when it ships again. This company does not care about honoring promises, follow up with customers or the fact they are dealing with glasses people need to see, this is not a swimsuit I ordered! Additionally, the order is filled in China, not California like I was lead to believe. It will be longer than the original quote of 14-21 days & I could have ordered & have my glasses by now. Saving a few bucks isn't worth it.

To add insult to injury, I was told by Joe that if I cancel my order I will only receive 50% refund that can only be used AT ZENNI. How messed up is that? I urge people not to use this company. They are shady, deceptive in their conversations & have yet to honor any promise given since my order on May 25, 2018. I can only hope when my glasses finally arrive they are in fact made correctly. I dread dealing with something like that with this company.

Original review: June 13, 2018

I was reasonably satisfied with the selection at Zenni. The first glasses I got were sporty-looking, but they're a little small for my bifocal prescription. I also got the blue blockers, though I’m not sure if I entirely like those now. Overall it’s my first experience wearing and buying glasses, but I feel satisfied with my purchase.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I had order sunglasses from Zenni based on customer reviews. They send me the glasses and they looked only problem they put in wrong prescription in one eye and now they do not want to correct the mistake. When I asked to talk to the supervisor I was told that he cannot come to the phone as he is busy but he has confirmed to the agent they cannot replace the lens. When I asked if they will expect me to use Zenni again the agent said “YES”. That was funny so I laughed and thanked the agent for his help and hung up. Avoid Zenni!!!

Original review: June 12, 2018

With the overall price of Zenni, it was worth giving it a shot. I've purchased from them about nine times. I have five pairs of glasses myself and four for my wife. We bought the half-rim, the cat eye glasses and lately I've been buying a lot of the sunglasses. The only downside with the online thing is that you're not actually looking at what you're getting. My first time everything came okay. But the second time I had problems because I didn’t know how dark the tint was. I thought I was getting a light tint because it was like 10 or 20%, but it turned out to be a lot darker than what I wanted.

But the online ordering process is very easy after you save your information for the first time. Now when I go to reorder, I just input the old prescriptions and it comes over and everything is done. But I wish I could get the processing time quicker. It normally takes three weeks. Anybody that I know of asked me about my glasses or my wife's glasses. And we've referred them to Zenni. I got the cat eyes for my wife and some other stuff that I think she would like. And I've been using it as a surprise because she doesn't know I ordered it. They just come in the mail.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I was looking for ways to save money on glasses and I googled it. The glasses at Zenni always looks good. It's hip, stylish, up-to-date and it's also cheaper. I have three children who wear glasses so we tried the rimless, the cat eye and the anime look. We did everything. I always email their customer service and they always email me back. I talked to them on the phone as well and they’re good and on point on their work. I place my order online and I would send the prescription separately by email as well, so they can match it up and confirm it. And they get back to me, tell me it’s all good and they process it. I recommend Zenni to everybody.

Original review: June 11, 2018

Zenni's service is good. It was recommended by a friend, and we decided to give it a shot. The first time I ordered from them was four years ago and have ordered from them several times for my son and for myself. We've gotten almost all kinds of glasses according to our preferences. When I break my glasses, I order there. At least, even if I don’t have that amount of money, it’s still affordable and that’s the main key. We order and choose the glasses that we want online and then we put the specs of what they’re asking for. We base the specs on the grade of our previous exam, then after that, we wait for it. It’s awesome that Zenni has decided to have an online order for people who can affordably get hold of spare glasses, and not just one spare, at a very reasonable rate.

Original review: June 10, 2018

The first time I ordered from Zenni Optical was several years back. They were the cheapest option. I purchased three pairs of black glasses from them and the glasses I currently had for two months now were great. My only complaint and it's probably my own fault was I didn't get the anti-smear coating so they get dirty really good. Their online ordering process could not get any easier. I just have my prescription and I put it in. The only thing I had on the process was on a previous pair of glasses I ordered. They had recommended for the wind index on it and I picked one that wasn't recommended and then when I got the glasses, they had kind of weird prism effect. The problem was my prescription was too strong for the how thin and the type of lens. I get it was my own fault but it should have been something that wasn't even an option.

Original review: June 9, 2018

When I went online and looked at Zenni, they had a good selection and I really liked some of the designs and the prices were good too. Then I just filled out all the numbers for my prescription on the site, though it would’ve been easier if I could take a picture of the transcription paper and upload it. I’ve had my glasses for about two months, but I can’t really wear them because they give me really bad headaches. I drive a semi and if my eyes don’t adjust right away, I can’t keep wearing them. But I’ve sent in a couple of emails and I haven’t been given a phone number on who to contact. And every time I try to call, I’m on hold for an hour. Other than that, the quality is very good, their frames are light but durable, and the lenses are in really good shape. I got the transition lenses and they transition quickly without too much bother. And I would recommend them, but only to people who know exactly how to enter the prescription.

Original review: June 8, 2018

I’ve been ordering from Zenni Optical for a few years now. They were less expensive than others and the styles of their glasses were great. However, the quality is low which I don’t mind because the price is low. Also, the glasses fall apart and the screws become loose and they don’t have a screw set. We can’t find a screwdriver to fit the screws and each screw is sometimes a bit different. They have different hinges and I mind about the screwdriver not being available. I told Zenni about it and they told me that I could send them back to get a replacement frame at half price. But I said that was not reasonable for tightening a screw.

It would be nice if I could buy the tools. I just want to tighten the screws when everything gets all loose and falls apart. When I called their customer service about the screw thing, the rep understood and told me that she would report it to a manager because I asked her to tell her supervisor. She agreed that this was something that a supervisor should know, and she hopes that in the future it’s available. Their response was good. Moreover, the glasses become cloudy or scratched. But I’m still a fan.

Other than that, Zenni needs someone to keyword the eyeglass specifications more fully. The filter and the search function on their site do not work well enough to find a size that’s needed. For example, I have to buy child sizes and when I do that, I have to go through manually all children’s glasses. The filter is better than the search but it misses out on most of the glasses that I would buy if it came up in the search. So, I spend a long time looking for a pair that has a certain PD, the certain widths and a certain length of the arm and the PD determines whether I can buy the glasses or not. I would like Zenni to spend some time to make that search and filter work really well, so I can automatically bring up the glasses by selecting what I need to select. Now, they have the feature on the website, but it’s the data that is not correct, so the results are not true.

Original review: June 7, 2018

I was pretty happy to discover Zenni and I've had them for a while. I got four pairs of glasses at one time and it was a good price when I could have paid $100 for one pair at another place. They're stylish too. I like that I could pick any type of sunglasses and be able to see wearing them. I was wearing sunglasses before and I couldn't see, so it's nice that I can get prescription ones. I have these white sunglasses and it has a rose gold pin which I really like. I also have these green ones and I like the way they look with my skin, and it's a nice size too. The blue ones are also pretty nice. I wear those sometimes back and forth, and I have red ones when I wear a certain outfit. I ordered them last summer and I've had them for half a year now. I got two other pairs before that as well.

Ordering online was pretty easy. I was happy that I could order so many at such a reasonable price because then if something happens to one pair, I have another pair I could go to because I really need them. The whole process was great and it was easy to do. I'll probably order again in the future and I've recommended Zenni to people.

Original review: June 6, 2018

I found out about Zenni Optical from a friend and I really like their price and stylish frames. I like the smaller, thinner frames and I've also gone with the really oversized ones. I've been all over the place with my style because it's cheap and I've ordered three or so pairs. I love Zenni and I've told a lot of my friends about them. I usually get compliments on the glasses and then I send my friends the website. I consistently recommend Zenni because glasses are expensive and a good amount of my friends have taken up my recommendation and actually bought them. Also, they sent me an email about LGBTQ+ and that stuff really made me happy. I told my girlfriend about it. It was a blessing. Keep up the trends and going with inclusion.

Original review: June 5, 2018

This is the very first time I ordered from Zenni and I’m very happy with the quality of the glasses I received. I love their prices. And their ordering process was very good and insightful, too. I didn’t even question once what I was supposed to do. Plus, I love how fast the shipping was and I liked the way they shipped the glasses. Instead of putting them in a bag, they placed the glasses inside a case. I was really happy with it. I went with some regular glasses, single vision, and then I got some that have dark lens on them. Having a round face, I got full rectangular rims because that would look better on me. I have also told a couple of people to order from Zenni as well.

Original review: June 4, 2018

We were looking at an online source to buy our glasses from and Zenni has some pretty good reviews, so we decided to try it out. They have a wide variety of frames and colors. The products are very good quality especially for the price and I've already ordered twice. The ones I've purchased are a bit bigger with the round edges and I've had them in the past. I've had the glasses for about seven months now and they're great. Ordering online was really easy and we ordered a pair for my boyfriend too. He's never had glasses before and on Zenni's website, we are able to upload a picture and test out the frame. He loves it. The shipping was really quick and the glasses came earlier than expected. I had a good experience I would recommend Zenni.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I have very bad vision. Zenni Optical could make my high prescription level lenses and still put them in fashionable and cool frames so I went with them. Most recently I purchased full rim glasses from them and their online ordering process was simple and efficient. They looked neat and were inexpensive as well which was really great. I've purchased six or seven glasses from Zenni and I absolutely love all of them. I'll continue to buy eyewear there and recommend Zenni to my friends.

Original review: June 2, 2018

Zenni Optical's selection was good and I like that they were able to post the pupil distance. It was neat and they didn’t even do that at Visionworks. When I got my glasses, they felt comfortable. I've had the glasses for a couple of months and the quality has been really good. Plus, the price is phenomenal compared to what I was paying for the frames over at Visionworks or any other place. I bought $200 frames before and then I got the black glasses from Zenni for $10 and did a little bit of an add-on for the shades so this was better.

I like that Zenni Optical gave more options as far as customization of the glasses, but ordering was time-consuming. If it’s your first time, you have to read through the instructions on making sure that the glasses are ordered properly, making sure that your measurements are answered correctly and how to get your measurements. But it was fairly easy after you read through all the instructions. I’ve told a lot of my friends about them and I’m pretty sure a couple of them have actually started shopping over at Zenni too. I would recommend them to anybody I know in case they were looking for glasses.

Original review: June 2, 2018

The way that Zenni Optical's products were priced and the designs that they had got me choosing them over other prescription eyewear companies. I've been using Zenni for a year now and I've purchased at least 10 pairs of glasses from them. Their website is easy to use. Zenni has a very broad range of selections and I normally go for the round style. Their glasses are age-appropriate too. I’m only 20 and they have a lot of styles that fit me, but they also have a lot of styles that fit my mom. I'd tell my friends to buy from Zenni Optical over anyone else.

Original review: June 1, 2018

Zenni Optical has better pricing. I've ordered from them three times, with the last pair being plastic glasses.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I ordered prescription glasses from Zenni twice a year ago and Zenni was good. I did it all online and their prices were cheaper.

Original review: May 31, 2018

I’ve been ordering from Zenni Optical for a few years now and I really like it. I have about 30 pairs and the latest was a full rim glasses, which I've had for a couple of months now. A bifocal glasses is better for me than wearing contacts and in my work, it wouldn’t be feasible for me to wear a reader. I recommend Zenni Optical all the time.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I did some research before I purchased and many people were pleased. I was too until my glasses fell apart. I called with no success. They only stand behind a product that is less than 30 days old. Lesson learned!! Go to a regular shop where you can go back in and speak to someone face to face. Don’t waste your money on a cheap product.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: May 30, 2018

Received glasses - they were comically large and they gave me a headache within minutes. After 3 tries, finally got through to customer service where they told me they wouldn't give a refund just because I didn't like them. They said if they had made them wrong, they would consider a partial refund or store credit but they won't accept a return just because they don't fit and they are physically painful to see through. I never would have taken a risk and ordered glasses through Zenni if I'd known they refuse to accept returns!

Original review: May 30, 2018

I heard about Zenni Optical and was hesitant due to how low the prices were but I figured because it was so cheap I'd try it out. I got 2 glasses for $107 after adding all the accessories and shipping. Once I got my order I absolutely loved 1 pair but did fully love the second pair. I went on a live chat with Zenni and asked if I could exchange them for a new pair and they told me they have a 100% guarantee and would just credit my account the same value. The next day I got a 3rd pair for free! It was quick and easy. I now have 3 glasses for 1/4 the cost of normal glasses.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I have a friend who ordered from Zenni Optical. And because I’m obsessed with glasses, she told me to buy glasses online and showed me the website. I found putting the prescription on the site super easy but I didn’t like that I can’t try the glasses on. I’ve always wondered if I could pick a couple frames and they would send them then let me try them on. And then, I could send them back and order them. I have been ordering glasses from Zenni for about two years now and I always get them on time and they are fine. Plus, their glasses are cheap and it’s so easy if I want a new fun pair.

Original review: May 30, 2018

The first time that I had used Zenni was several years ago and all of the glasses were super cute. Zenni's website was really user-friendly. It was easy to navigate and pick glasses for my face like you can take a picture and then you can put the glasses on your face. It was really easy to see what choices that I like. There are tons of options as far as what kind of glasses that you want. And they have really great quality of glasses. They last forever.

Zenni Optical expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2003, Zenni Optical is dedicated to providing high quality prescription eyewear at the lowest possible price. As a solely online business located in the San Francisco Bay area, Zenni Optical offers more than 6,000 frames, all manufactured at their 248,000 square foot facility.

• Glasses for less: With prices that are less than the average cost of lunch, Zenni Optical has a range of glasses that could almost be considered disposable.

• Reasonable delivery times: Typical orders are delivered within two weeks in the U.S., making the wait longer than same day service, but still reasonable.

• Buying guides: Get the right glasses and all the information needed to make an informed selection using the Zenni Optical buying guides.

• Lots of options: With thousands of different frames and lots of customization options available, Zenni Optical has a pair of eyewear for almost anyone.

• Sports wear: In addition to glasses and sunglasses, they also offer goggles and other prescription sports wear.

• Best for: Kids, Teens and Professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs