toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

So, I'm finally writing a review after recommending Zenni for years to friends who complain about glasses being too expensive. I've been buying from them since they first started selling online, and I've always been satisfied with the designs and the prescription accuracy. It's true, they're not ultra designer frames with the prestige of having a big name label. But... for someone like me who has no idea what looks good, doesn't care about designer labeling, and has broken more than one expensive pair of frames in my time, it's the perfect option.

I like the "try them on" feature where you can upload a photo and see a preview of how they'll look. It's not really the most accurate in my experience; sometimes the glasses look way smaller than they actually are. But, I can get a feel for how the shapes will look and they have clear measurements and sizing filters so I don't end up with baby frames. I own three pairs right now - I broke a couple pairs (stepping and sitting on them. Nothing to do with their product), but I am always looking at their new styles to see what else might be fun to try. I love the sunglass lens options - really cool color and gradation options. I've never gone beyond the basic lens and some sunglass tint, but for a simple, affordable pair of sunglasses, Zenni will probably always be my favorite.

I'm surprised on the negative comments. I got a pair of glasses with progressive lenses and a pair of sunglasses for about $59 total -- and they work fine. My hope is that Zenni would fix their customer service problems because with happy people, they tell others. Unhappy people tell others. If you are looking for new suckers, then you will be outed by another company that does what you are doing but concentrates on keeping customers happy. Since it sounds like Zenni is buying from a China company, it cost them with every return, which is why they are avoiding taking care of people. Short term gain for long term collapse.

I actually have purchased several pairs of glasses from Zenni without incident. Certainly the price is right. My most recent purchase was also my most expensive, and they fell apart - as in the screw came out and I lost the lens - after a few months. When I contacted Customer Service they were 100% unhelpful. They said I had passed the warranty period - they would not repair the glasses or replace the lens. Not very nice. I was an excellent customer who received very poor service.

Ordered two sets of readers. Filled out paperwork exactly as asked off my doctor's prescription. Got distance glasses. They refused to correct and replace. They refused to refund shipping. Do not order from Zenni as they do not stand behind their work.

So, I just got off of the chat with Zenni Optical after 30 minutes of trying to get connected to an agent. This is my first and last order of glasses from these people. They said they can only give me a 50% refund or a one-time 100% store credit refund. I don't want store credit, I want my money back because you guys make low-quality glasses. When I tried them on, my eyes started hurting immediately. The glasses are heavy and the nose pads hurt my nose. I don't suggest ordering glasses from Zenni Optical ever. One of the worst companies I've had the pleasure of dealing with.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenni Optical?

I have been a Zenni customer for years and have had a pretty good experience until my last 2 orders. I ordered a thin index lens and when I got them they looked the same as the normal lens. So I got a credit and ordered the same frame again and got a gradient tint. The lens came back completely dark except for a tiny half moon at the bottom. I sent them a photo for a review and the response was "yes! We made a mistake but we can't refund you fully (50% offered minus shipping) because you used a credit to make the purchase." Then when I asked for the corporate information, I received an email stating that the 1st email was a typo and the lens are correct and you can get 50% refund. I requested the corporate office again along with policy information and got no response.

We recently went online and purchased a pair of eyeglasses for our 9 yr old daughter. We placed the order and received our glasses very quickly. The frames we received were pretty flimsy but my daughter was happy. We have had these glasses for a little over 2 months and the left lens was cut too small and will not stay securely in the lens. 9 yr olds are very active and when I called Zenni, they told me I was out of the warranty period. There is a reason their product is so cheap. Don't waste your money buying from them, their glasses literally fall apart after 2 months. Cheap Chinese garbage. Don't purchase glasses from this company.

I placed my order on November 6th 2016 and received my glasses on November 12th. I was so happy and pleased with the glasses. They were everything I wanted and more. I made a mistake in paying for shipping, I reached out to them and within the same day they wrote me back and resolved the issue. I will def be buying from them again!

I needed to buy glasses because mine were broken. I had no insurance. I looked online and asked one of my Facebook groups and Zenni Optical was the one that came across the most. I got the full rim plastic single vision ones. Shopping was really quick. I ordered Wednesday morning at 11:00 AM and had the glasses by Friday at 6:00 PM. I had ordered the fastest shipping which was seven days so I was expecting it the next week but then got those in three days. I fully plan on purchasing at least two more pairs of glasses from Zenni Optical.

I called twice for help while trying to place an order online. The first time I hung up after holding for 8 minutes. The second time I hung up after 6 minutes. Then I tried live chat. "Shirley" entered the chatroom after I'd waited a minute or so, then it was a typical wait of 2-3 minutes for each response from her. We got to the question "are you ordering glasses for reading, computer or distance?" I answered it. After several minutes of waiting I typed "hello, are you still there?" Only to get the same question. I answered it again and after another 2-3 minute wait got the same question. That's when I disconnected. I don't know how these people stay in business. I will be buying glasses elsewhere.

After only 2 months of normal/light use, cracks appear on both lenses around the nose bridge screws. The left lens is almost falling off with big cracks and the right lens has multiple spider net like cracks. AND, they are not the low-index lenses, they are mid-index ones. I am very disappointed with such low quality products. This is the first glasses I have that cracked less than 3 years from all the glasses I have ever had. I even have low-index lenses from other companies before and they still stand after 3+ yrs.

I sent email to Zenni and they replied that it's more than 30 days so they cannot help and ask me to order a new one. LOL! They are simply just not standing behind their products. I am so glad that my wife hasn't put in her order yet. Otherwise, there will be another lost soon. So, THINK AGAIN before you order from them!!!

I have been a customer of Zenni Optical for a number of years. I am ready to reorder but their website has changed. I wanted to order glasses with a specific frame. The website does not allow that. I attempted to call their customer service phone number. It said to wait for the next available agent. After 30 minutes, I gave and tried later. Same problem. I tried again today - same problem. I have wasted more than an hour and a half waiting for the unavailable agent. I don't know if they are still in business.

I read all the reviews before ordering online and I was a bit scared. I need to have a set of three lenses at all times. My last standing frames were on borrowed time and I had already gone to America's Best to order my new pairs. Needing my third I researched online for "cheap glasses" and Zenni was the first hit. I looked at the low prices... I read reviews. I came to the conclusion that they were cheap enough to take a risk. I ordered these on a Friday and they were in my mailbox by the following Friday. YES! I love them. FYI I get more compliments with these glasses than with my others. My total with shipping was 17.00. My prescription looks great. Will be purchasing more colors just for fun.

I liked Zenni's quality, availability, and their website where I’m able to try on things. I've ordered at least five pairs of glasses for me, my son, and my husband, and those include a pair of rimless, a plastic, and some metal ones. I did everything online which was easy and everything came in the way I ordered. Zenni got really good quality glasses and pretty much speedy service.

I heard about Zenni Optical through my optometrist. I ordered some a couple years back from them then I ordered a full rim this time because my wife liked it. It's just been a wonderful experience all over. I'm very, very pleased and will continue to be a patron. Zenni Optical is excellent.

Zenni Optical

So sorry to hear about your glasses. Unfortunately, our warranty for our glasses is 30 days from the date that they are delivered. For orders that are outside our warranty, we offer 50% off frame only products. Nevertheless, please respond to our private message if you'd like to discuss this further.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2016

Purchased a pair of eyeglasses from this site less than six months ago. The frames have been gradually coming apart at the joints for a while. A couple weeks ago, one rear piece fell off entirely. Though there is a fake screw head at the attachment point, the attachment mechanism is not a screw--it's some sort of pivoting tab. I've never seen anything like it. Two jewelers I took the glasses to said they couldn't repair them. They weren't repairable. I called Zenni, hoping they at least were capable of repairing their own product. I was jerked around--they said they'd call back, but I had to call back (days later) only to be told that the best they could do was to sell me the same frames at half off. How is asking me for more money a solution to this problem? Losers.

My daughter told me about Zenni, and friends told her, so we tried it. I got the full-rim and that's what my kids like. Plus, their price is very reasonable. I've used Zenni a few times, and I'm very satisfied. It's really good to have and I've recommended them as well.

First Timer: I was worried with the many negatives and comments on how cheap and flimsy some glasses were. Another concern was I have a big head and finding a good fit is not easy for me, so ordering without trying first was a gamble (actually for $20 compared to $400... I would risk it). I decided to pull out this old trusty tool called a RULER and made sure the measurements matched glasses I already had that fit great. A magical thing happened when my glasses arrived. They fit GREAT! Measurements are accurate, prescription was right on. Mine do not have a "cheap china made" feel to them. They look great and seem durable so far. I am very glad I took the risk. So do your work and I can say Zenni wont disappoint.

Zenni Optical

So sorry to hear about your glasses. According to our records, a return authorization number was issued for an inspection. Once your inspection results are in, we'll email you. If you have any further questions or need further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I bought a pair of Progressive lens glasses from Zenni. My first interaction with them. I wore them less than a dozen times and they just broke. No rough treatment. Never squished or dropped. Always in the case if they weren't on my face. Just snapped where the top of the frame meets the nose and I can't even wrap the frame around the lens now. They aren't even quite the same shape. But because it was more than 30 days after my order, too bad so sad, you've just flushed a hundred bucks down the drain. And after having the issue, and their 'inability' to help me out, I see that many many people have either had the same issue with plastic frame glasses or have gotten really bad glasses (partly my fault for not reading the reviews) but really, a decent company would work with a first time customer. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

I love my Zenni Optical. Their prices attracted me so I started off with ordering a pair of glasses. I wanted to see how they did and they did excellently. So I ordered two more. I now have with two full-rim tortoise shell glasses and a pair of sunglasses. Everything has always gone smoothly when I order online. It took me so long to order the first pair because I couldn't figure out how to import my prescription but after I learned how to, it's a breeze. The glasses come fitting well and I never had to go to my optometrist and get them fitted. The prescription is spot on. My friend and my sister ordered glasses from them as well. I'll be back.

Consumer Increased Rating!

Zenni Optical

So sorry to hear about your glasses. We've reviewed your order and found that a replacement frame was sent to your home at no charge. According to our records, it was delivered as of Oct. 31st. If you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2016

First off, I'd like to preface this with the fact that I have never broken or had a pair of glasses frames broken on me ever. I'm a photographer by profession, so keeping my glasses in perfect shape is important to me. I treat them gingerly, place them in their case when they're off, and never leave them out in a spot where they'd get damage. So imagine my surprise tonight when I adjusted my glasses, from Zenni, on my face and the right part of the frame crumbled like (as my wife stated) a cookie. It just gave way. Obviously there was some structural defect within that caused this, so I figured it'd be easy to get a replacement. To my dismay, I was told that since I was past their 30 day return period, I was unable to get a replacement without purchasing it.

Sure, I'd be given 50% off the final price but that doesn't change the fact that I had obviously been provided an inferior product and that it was not at all my fault that they happened to rapidly disassemble. I'm not going to be ordering from here in the future. I'm not going to be suggesting them to friends, family, and random internet people as I had in the past. At this point, I'd rather pay full price elsewhere than accept their offer. If stuff works for you, great, but they do not stand behind their product, regardless of how defective it may be. I'm just glad they didn't decide to pop apart while I was driving or something.

My husband got his glasses from Zenni, and told me about them. Their products are more affordable compared to other companies, so I bought a pair of sunglasses as well. I find that free shipping takes quite a bit unless I pay for faster shipping, so the shipping could be faster, which would be nice. Nevertheless, I'm happy and quite satisfied with what I'd gotten.

My autistic daughter breaks glasses like five times a year. Zenni Optical's glasses are inexpensive so I'm not spending hundreds of dollars on a pair of glasses for her to break them in a month. The most recent order was for my son. He had convinced his entire school that he needed glasses and when we took him to the eye doctor, they said he doesn't need glasses. It came out that he feels so left out that the whole family has glasses and he doesn’t so we decided we would get him a fashion pair to help him feel a little bit more part of the family. Being able to find inexpensive and good quality glasses is very nice, and I do it through Zenni's website which is really easy to use.

The most difficult part in getting a pair of glasses is finding the PD part of their prescription because even the eye doctor doesn't really give that as part of the prescription. Measuring the PD myself is not always accurate so my kids and I would go to an in-person retailer and ask them to measure. Other than that, it's a great service provided for anybody. Zenni's glasses are of great quality and price and ordering online is very easy.

I called them and asked for a return for a broken pair of glasses, and they sent them to me free! They're coming in the mail!!! I would definitely recommend them. They are going to be my go-to place from now on.

I needed glasses but couldn't afford them, we're poor people. If I had to buy my glasses through an eye doctor, it would probably be about $600. It's ridiculous that glasses are that high, but with Zenni Optical, I'd only pay something like $34 and I'll get glasses with the trifocal or no-line progressive lenses, or those gray ones when the light changes. I ordered two full-rim glasses from them six years ago, and I just ordered again for my husband. The customer service lady on the phone was wonderful to help me. I'm not a computer person and I don't know where to put the prescription, and she walked me through it. She went right down the process with me. I love Zenni Optical, and have recommended them to a lot of people.

I get a new pair every six months from Zenni, and usually get the plastic black-rimmed frame. I like the prices and the durability of the glasses. I play roller derby and having cheap glasses as backup was a good idea. They fly off my face pretty consistently and they last.

I first tried Coastal and I've searched around for people that actually compared in quality. I saw someone recommended Zenni Optical on Facebook so I tried them out almost two years ago. I ordered four pairs of glasses and I got one pair sunglasses, one half-rim, two full and a plastic, which are all perfectly fine. The online ordering process is very easy and the prices, especially for the design, are awesome. I like Zenni and they have quick, efficient, and good quality service.

After I figured out how to take my measurements, I got a great pair of glasses that I love. The trick is to spend a little on the frames and a lot on the lens. Get the extra coating, the better quality lens, and the best auto tint (so while riding in a car they will get darker). I found a pair to fit my wide face. A big plus in the way they feel. I paid a lot for a pair at a Big Box store. Now I only wear the pair I got from Zenni Optical. I sent my first pair back (too tight) with no problems at all. This is where I will buy my next pair.

I Googled glasses and Zenni Optical came up. I also talked to friends about where to buy glasses and they all said Zenni. I got a pair of full rim glasses that have a turtle shell style. I've had them about three months now and I really like them. It's definitely good quality. It was my first time buying and it was pretty easy considering I had no clue what I was doing, but they made it pretty simple for me to understand.

Zenni Optical was the cheapest and I was just able to pay for less. I got half-rim glasses and I've had it for about two months now. Customer service has been alright, and the lady ordered it online for me. Next time I’ll get a better frame for the price that I order them. Then I could go up in the place, pick them up, and it’s good.

Zenni Optical Company Profile