Call toll free
  • 1 star
Based on 380 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003 by two scientists, Zenni Optical has grown from a small, local San Francisco company to one of the largest online optical retailers. Their mission is to provide affordable eyewear, and offer a wide selection from prescription eyeglasses to custom goggles. Their manufacturing process uses the most current materials and ship directly from their factory, cutting out the middleman. Zenni's catalog lists over 6,000 frames and is manufactured in their 248,000 square-foot facility and is passed through a rigorous quality control inspection before being shipped to you. Visit their website today to find the perfect pair for you!

Zenni Optical Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Jan. 16, 2018

737 Zenni Optical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

This is my first, but definitely not last purchase, from Zenni. I was surprised how long it took for the glasses to arrive in the mail but am pleased with them nonetheless. I don't know how they can sell glasses and lenses so cheaply... My eye doctor's selection starts around $300 and the ones I bought here were about $20. Yaaas! Make sure you read the reviews on each pair before you order - I have a very thin face and needed to order kids' glasses. I would highly recommend this site.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I bought a pair of frames. Since I wear progressives, I had the lenses made at Sams. Got the glasses home, put them on the table for the night and by the next morning, the frames were broken in 2 places (at the right and left corners). E-mailed Zenni and after I sent a photo, they replaced them. Had the new frames for less than one day and the arm randomly snapped off (I was wearing them and walking at the time so it wasn't like I was manhandling them). Zenni offered to give me store credit. Uh, yeah, not ever buying anything there again. They finally agreed to refund my Amazon Pay account. So minus 1 star for the quality of the frames, 2 stars for the customer service - at least they tried to replace the crap frames.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I've used Zenni for over 5 years and I've never been so angry until now. Got a pair of glasses in the mail today and they were horrible. Literally like wooden frames. I asked to send them back for a refund, and their policy is 50% refund or 100% store credit. I didn't like any of the other frames at all, so after paying $8 for shipping the first time, $28 for the frames and then having to pay $5 to send them back (because they don't even give you a return shipping label), I'm going to receive back about $14 of the $41 I've spent. Total bullshit. If they gave a prepaid shipping label MAYBE I'd be okay with 50% refund, but they didn't and I'm not happy. I will never do business with them again. Rip off.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

I've bought nine pairs of glasses from Zenni Optical and I like them a lot. I recommend them to everybody.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Worst customer service ever. I purchased 4 pair of glasses, none of which I could wear, but their inspection insists 3 out of 4 are within "approved tolerances" and will only refund half of my purchase price. The customer service people are really good at snark and have no intention of making it right. They refuse to escalate the call up line to a supervisor and in fact, hang up whenever they decide it's time. Don't give these people your money.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenni Optical?

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

My co-worker told me a lot about Zenni and its prices. I had lost a pair I recently bought from the optometrist so I decided to give Zenni a try. I've done two purchases now and it was very easy to order online. My first pair was a pair of eyeglasses with a thinner, metal type of frame, while my second purchase was for a pair of sunglasses. Their customer service was professional. I contacted them once to get an update on how long it would take for the eyeglasses to be made and them being shipped out. They were courteous and they got back to me real quick.

Also, their prices are second to none. They are very affordable glasses that are equivalent, if not better, to what you can get at the eye doctor. I didn't want to spend that much money on a new pair and spending the money I did at Zenni was perfect for me. I also found the lost pair on the same day that the Zenni glasses came. However, even though the Zenni's are far, far less than what I paid for the glasses from the optometrist, I like the quality of the Zenni way better.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2018

A coworker of mine was in love with Zenni Optical and she told me about them. I looked at Glasses USA also but their site wasn’t as easy as Zenni’s. I got a pair of flat eye-looking glasses from Zenni's and then as soon as they came out with the turquoise on the top and on the bottom, I ordered those immediately ‘cause I love those. Once I placed the order in for shipping, they were right on time and I got them within seven to ten days. I have the eyewear for six months now and they are great. They came fitted and I didn’t have to worry about going and getting them tightened up. Everything was perfect and I've had the best service so far.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I spent just under $20 for the lenses and frames combined, and was blown away by the quality. My glasses are a few months old, and I have been very surprised at the level of quality, which surpasses Costco frames I bought prior to getting these. The antireflective coating has been pretty durable, and although the lenses occasionally pop out during cleaning, they are easily put back. I sat on them once and was able to bend them back into shape pretty easily. We'll see how long they last, but I am pretty optimistic, given my experience so far.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I’ve ordered from Zenni Optical for the past five years and I like their selection and price. I’ve gotten five glasses for myself and five apiece for my kids for a total of twenty and I haven’t had any issues with them. The only time we’ve had issues is when we mismeasured ourselves. Also, they’ve always been courteous and prompt. I have referred them to multiple friends and I will continue to go back. I had an awesome experience with them. They're cool.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2018

A friend told me about Zenni Optical and I like their prices. Plus, their reps are very helpful. I got one pair of glasses from them. I’ve had them for about two months now, and they are awesome. When I drive at night with it, I have no problems at all.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

After 3 1/2 weeks - the glasses I received were incorrect. Now they want me to wait another 2 months and after they return them they only offer 50% refund?? After 3 months??? Now they want me to print out a label and return them - then they may or may not return half of my money.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

My brother-in-law told me about Zenni Optical and I’ve been with them for about five years now but I buy infrequently because I take pretty good care of my glasses. They really have excellent prices. My most recent purchase was a pair of shadow proof sunglasses for work and they also had ANSI certified products that I needed. Plus, their website is user-friendly. I wish that they would update the feature where I can upload my photo and try on glasses because there are really simple facial recognition algorithms that they could use just to identify where a pair of eyes are in a photo. But, otherwise, everything has been pretty smooth. I have already recommended them to other people. If you’re looking for options, definitely consider this company because you cannot beat the prices. If they have what you need, then you do not need to shop anywhere else.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

I love Zenni Optical a lot. I wanted recommendations on some eyeglasses, and a lot of people were saying Zenni. I never heard of them so I thought I’d give it a shot and I’m glad I did. I got the plastic type of glasses, the black, rectangular ones, and then some big red ones. I’ve had them for a couple of months now and I'm pleased with their quality. Ordering with Zenni was fairly easy and I’ve been recommending them to others. The glasses are cheap but they don't fall apart easily. Everything was great.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2018

I bought a backup pair for one of my kids and then I bought myself prescription sunglasses from Zenni. I went with whatever I thought would look best. Their online site is user-friendly although the website was annoying. In order to place your order, it requires that you measure the distance between your eyes. Ophthalmologists don’t even give you that information and they don’t even measure it. Both my son and I had to go back to get that measurement then had it entered on the website, and then we could get the glasses. Other than that, there’s a wide selection and the prices are really good.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2018

My sister shopped with Zenni Optical a while back and when I got my prescription a few months ago and I needed glasses I also went to Zenni. I got the Ray-Ban looking type of glasses and they’re really good. I like them. And Zenni's website is cool. It's easy to maneuver and see what you got to do and see the different styles. Zenni Optical is affordable compared to other stores and online websites as well.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

My prescription glasses were well made and I have enjoyed 2 years of wear from them. Ready to order based again based on new Rx. Great company. Love the competition to Luxottica monopoly. I tell so many people about Zenni and all shared a good experience.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I looked online because I was looking for a cheaper way of getting a pair of glasses, and I liked the range of selection and the prices that Zenni Optical offered. Plus, their website is easy to use. I've been purchasing from them for three years and I’ve already recommended them to a couple of people.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2017

Someone was wearing a pair of glasses that I liked and I was referred to Zenni’s website. Zenni Optical has better and more stylish glasses and I dabble in all of those. I like their prices and I’ve already bought more than 20 pairs from them. I’ve had different pairs and styles for a couple of years now.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

I was satisfied with the first pair of glasses that I got from Zenni Optical five years ago and I've ordered at least four pairs of glasses since then. I went with the full-rim, and because I'm Asian, I get the ones with some type of metal with the little nose pads. I was really impressed with their customer service. When the nose pad broke, I reached out and asked if I could purchase a replacement. They offered to ship me the nose pads at no cost and that was great. While you don't get to try on the glasses, they have a lot of information online to help you choose the right one. It's also affordable enough that you can order a couple of pairs so that you never get stuck, like in a car if your contacts slip out or you can't find your glasses. You can always keep a spare around. Overall, I have recommended them to many friends and family members and they have all ordered.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2017

Over the years, I've used multiple prescription eyewear companies and have bought all sorts of different types of glasses. My decision to purchase generally comes down to what frames are available and for what price. When I'm ordering for my kids, I consider how expensive and how readily available is the impact-resistant plastic for kid's glasses. When I need glasses, I check Zenni Optical's website and buying from them online is okay.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

Zenni has cute frames that look really good. I have five different frames, however, one pair has nose pads that keep falling off. I also have a pair of frames that are almost like a circle and the lens periodically falls out and I just pop it back in. But it just happens to the ones that are round. I also got four pairs last time and the fake gold wire-rim aviators and the half-rim like a Ray-Ban are the two that I wear the most, and people always ask me where I got my glasses. I love Zenni.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

I like Zenni Optical. I started ordering from them after a friend told me about them. I've ordered from them for eight times now and their glasses are nice and affordable. They also come the way you want them. Everything goes smoothly and it's satisfying.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I purchased 2 pair of glasses. My ophthalmologist office made a mistake on my prescription. I could not get the error verified and a new RX until after the 30 day return window. I called Zenni and after I explained they gave me credit for the glasses despite it was not their error and I was past the 30 day window. That is what I call good service.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I was tired of paying $200 for glasses so I started buying from Zenni Optical. Since I like to save money, I've stayed with them and have been a customer for many years. I’ve gotten a little bit of everything. Right now, I'm wearing the plastic ones that look like wood, and they are cool. Every order has gone without a hitch. My billing information and the prescriptions are all saved, so it’s super easy to go through and order whenever I need to. I like all the innovations that they’ve had, like being able to search by frame type and size. It’s a great search engine. In the last couple of years, there were not very many frames that would work well in sunglasses, but now they’re starting to add more. I'd recommend them to people who are paying a lot for glasses.

Original review: Dec. 25, 2017

I have been ordering aviators and a bunch of different eyewear styles from Zenni for a few years now. My brother told me about them and they're much cheaper. Their online ordering process is straightforward, but their navigation is a little cumbersome. It would be nice to see all the glasses in one list. So far, their cost is so reasonable that I don't care if some of their glasses break. Besides, the glasses last about three years depending on if you wear them every day or not. My only interaction with their customer service was when I asked if I could get the inverse of my prescription glasses so that people could see what I actually see. They said no, though. Other than that, it would be cool if there was a referral or reference code, even discounts for sending people to Zenni Optical since I’ve turned people on to them multiple times over the years.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2017

I’ve bought five pairs of glasses from Zenni and they're way less expensive than the other companies where we buy. I also love their frames, the styles, and the colors and that's why I buy there. I like their customer service too. They're doing a good job and when I had to change my glasses and send them back because they were too small, I had a courtesy of $31.99. I also like how they work and how fast they send the glasses, especially to Alaska. Always buy at Zenni.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

I have purchased from Zenni Optical in the past and I usually go with plastic frames and sunglasses. They are not bad for the price but sometimes the quality of the frame is not that great. Some are good and some have low quality and doesn't come like how I expected it. But that's what you get for paying cheaper.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

I knew Zenni Optical through my friends and they told me a little bit about the expensive frames. It's also easier to change the frame a little bit without the pain and the high cost of getting designer frames. Hence, I've done the full rim and the sunglasses from them, and I like both of them. The glasses came in the mail, which is how I do most of my shopping. Though it's somewhat a little bit close together, I found a couple of pairs that I like. As far as the frames are concerned, the length is a little bit short. As it's hard to tell sometimes on the website, even if you put your picture in there, it doesn't necessarily give you that feeling of "Oh, they're close together." There are so many things to look over at the website and I like it when they have new glasses, as I usually order the new design from them. The Desert ones right now is there, and it's better than going through all the pages.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

I did my research before starting my purchase; starting with YouTube reviews of quality, and ending with recommended tips and advice. All was going well until a particular form was out of stock for almost 3 weeks. Once I tried to add the additional frame and options, adding the promo code from the holiday CYBER, it didn't work. It was expired. I tried the live chat option and was simply told it had expired and that they were NOT going to honor it, even though the frame was out of stock at the time of initial purchase attempt. My advice to you, if you still want to try the affordable Zenni Optical option; use the promo code when it is valid. This company WILL NOT honor their codes no matter the circumstance. I hope this helps future customers to make informed decisions before making their purchases.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2017

My wife was looking for some inexpensive options to get her glasses and she found Zenni Optical online. They have a great app where you can try on different shapes so that was very helpful. I am nearsighted and I went for the regular prescription glasses. I was surprised because I got the glasses within two weeks although they said it's going to take a month, so I got it sooner than expected. I've already recommended them to a couple of friends.

Zenni Optical Company Information

2003
448 Ignacio Blvd, #332
Novato
www.zennioptical.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use