toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

So, I'm finally writing a review after recommending Zenni for years to friends who complain about glasses being too expensive. I've been buying from them since they first started selling online, and I've always been satisfied with the designs and the prescription accuracy. It's true, they're not ultra designer frames with the prestige of having a big name label. But... for someone like me who has no idea what looks good, doesn't care about designer labeling, and has broken more than one expensive pair of frames in my time, it's the perfect option.

I like the "try them on" feature where you can upload a photo and see a preview of how they'll look. It's not really the most accurate in my experience; sometimes the glasses look way smaller than they actually are. But, I can get a feel for how the shapes will look and they have clear measurements and sizing filters so I don't end up with baby frames. I own three pairs right now - I broke a couple pairs (stepping and sitting on them. Nothing to do with their product), but I am always looking at their new styles to see what else might be fun to try. I love the sunglass lens options - really cool color and gradation options. I've never gone beyond the basic lens and some sunglass tint, but for a simple, affordable pair of sunglasses, Zenni will probably always be my favorite.

I'm surprised on the negative comments. I got a pair of glasses with progressive lenses and a pair of sunglasses for about $59 total -- and they work fine. My hope is that Zenni would fix their customer service problems because with happy people, they tell others. Unhappy people tell others. If you are looking for new suckers, then you will be outed by another company that does what you are doing but concentrates on keeping customers happy. Since it sounds like Zenni is buying from a China company, it cost them with every return, which is why they are avoiding taking care of people. Short term gain for long term collapse.

This company's return policy is horrible. They will sell you a frame that does not work with progressive lenses and will not stand by their product. A purchase made in June, made wrong, returned at my expense, (if THEY decide they made a mistake, they will reimburse only $2.50 of the $2.67 cost) returned to me with the same error. The second time returned with the same error and they claim nothing is wrong. I can have a credit, minus all the shipping fees, or 1/2 of what I paid. I took half of what I paid as a refund and will never do business with them again. This process took 9 WEEKS!! Cheap glasses, break easily and their return policies are garbage. If you shop with this company you are taking a risk.

I was looking to buy glasses and found out about Zenni Optical when I did a Google search. They have very good styles and I made my first order for a pair of sunglasses. When I decided to return them and ordered a different pair, the process was straightforward. I had a very nice experience with them.

I was looking for glasses online and I went for Zenni Optical for its price as the others weren’t cheap. I’ve ordered twice and it was easy. I got prescription retro glasses which is the Malcolm X type of glasses with one rim. The glasses I ordered the first time were like that as well. That was the first time I took a chance on a style because the cost was cheap enough and I liked it after that. I have the one I have now for a couple of months and I plan on ordering again. They have really cost-effective and fashionable glasses and I tell everybody about them.

I’ve been to a different company and I had to put in my credit card information before I was able to look at anything. I didn’t want to do that so I went with Zenni Optical instead plus the fact that they’re more affordable. I like the glasses that I got. They were nice and pretty. All my orders were done online and it was easy. I showed the same website to my dad, and when he takes a picture so that he can try the glasses on his face, we couldn’t get the picture to flip around. Overall though, everything was good.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I use to be a happy customer for about 10 years, but everything changed when I was ordering glasses for my mom June 2017. I chatted with a representative to make sure the size of the glasses were right for her, because the website use to show the frames in sizes: S, M, L, now there is not any more sizes, so the agent told me to put the PD and that will be the game's size. I couldn't understand the connection between size of a frame and a PD... But the agent insist it will be fine. Later on, problems with the frame, and extra fees to adapt the glasses for the prescription. They advise you with number score the frames... So, when I receive it, one pair of glasses was too lose for my mom's head, and the other one was too tight. The frame they advise me was for a kid.

I returned the glasses, and demanded my money back. They emailed me that half will be store credit and half will be refunded, and it wasn't true. All the money was on a store credit, so I'm been force to purchase again from then. 2 weeks ago I reorder with a agent again, this, but same problem. The frame is not the right frame for the prescription, and advise me others, that won't fit my mom's face, later on. I have to choose height index for those glasses because they were going to be thick, so, I paid the extra $29.99. A week later I contact them to see what's going on because the glasses are taking so long, they were waiting for my payment. Really? I sent them the proof of my payment and same time I cancel that pair of glasses, and of course I demanded my refund.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenni Optical?

It was my first time purchasing from Zenni Optical and I decided to do it because of the price. I also liked some of the styles that they had. It was easy to choose the glasses, to do the steps following for what you needed for your glasses and to check out. I purchased a pair of full-rim glasses and I also liked that the glasses were customizable. The process for that was easy as well. All in all, Zenni Optical provided a great and quick service.

I bought two pairs of individual single lens glasses from Zenni, two separate orders. And I wanted it to be photo chromatic which means transition. They shipped me two different shipments. I got one pair but they weren't photo chromatic so I got an RE and sent them back. They said they're lapsed as they're advertised. And then I called my bank, Wells Fargo, and they cancelled all charges.

I gave Zenni a second chance. I ordered the same prescription, same frame, exactly the same. I got them but they were not photo chromatic. I called and talked to their customer service and they told me that to activate the glasses, it needs to be put in the freezer for 30 minutes and then laid out in the sun for 45 minutes. I have two masters in Georgia Tech and that sounds like a load of bull. I've had photo chromatic glasses from Pearl Vision in the past and I used to have transition type glasses and I'm well aware of those. But with these guys they don't call it transition and they call it photo chromatic for some reason. I even have a friend who's an eye doctor who said they're not photo chromatic. They also charged me $166 just for that one option. I told them to just give me an RE number and I'll send these back, which I did. Then I had the second charge removed from my bank account. I decided then that I'll never deal with Zenni again.

I purchased my first pair of progressive lens glasses from Zenni 2 years ago, and there were significant problems with their qc in China. It took them 5 times before the lenses were made correctly. Note: 5 times OK'd in China, but 4 times rejected by their office in the USA. Now, I ordered progressive lens glasses in June, and this pair was OK'd by China, but I had to return them because they were not right. Zenni has confirmed that they are not correct and are remaking. Because of the continued hardship and inconvenience that I had experienced with Zenni, I requested a refund as compensation in addition to a remake of the glasses. They said they couldn't offer compensation. Hmmm. They can't offer much as far as quality control in my case either.

A friend told me about Zenni Optical and she's been using it for 10 years. They had a large selection and they were reasonably priced. The delivery and it being online was really convenient as well. The delivery for my half rim glasses was on time and I’ve had the glasses for three months now. It would be cool thoigh if there's a way of giving basic troubleshooting or if Zenni could sell fix-your-glasses kits for tightening the glasses. But overall, they’re affordable, convenient and versatile and I have recommended them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I ordered my third pair of glasses from Zenni. Normally I'm quite happy, however this time the glasses came, I tried them on and they didn't fit (too loose). I called Zenni, and all they could do was refund me half because I ordered using an in store credit. The in-store credit was the credit they gave me for the cost of the postal service to send my last pair back to exchange for another pair because the lenses fell out of the frame. I explained this to them and there was nothing they could do. So disappointed with this company. Will not be using them again.

Have used this company for years and had no problems until my last order. Sunglasses came and lens would not stay in. I'm an optician so I took to work to try to fix to no avail. Company will not refund or replace product. Taking my business elsewhere.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Do not buy Zenni Optical's more expensive Photochromic lenses. I had been a relatively happy Zenni customer until recently when one pair of my Photochromic glasses was tested at a local optometry. The test equipment showed that the more expensive Photochromic lenses I bought from Zenni had little UV protection (less than 30%), contrary to Zenni's claim of all its lenses having "full UV 400 protection". Since these type of glasses darkens under sun light so that pupils would still be wide open. Without UV protection, the damage to eyes are a lot more than simple glasses.

I called Zenni and was asked to mail back the pair of glasses to have them re-checked, Zenni insisted that those lenses were correctly made but refused to provide me with any written or email statement that those glasses had full UV protection. Zenni also refused to provide any remedy even though the company clearly sold me something that's not what they claimed to be.

I ordered my glasses online for my husband and had to call them after a day to ask for express shipping. They told me that it was too late and they can't do it. So I had to wait 21 days because they produce them in China, then they get shipped to California and after that to consumer. So if you live on East Coast don't bother buying them because you will be waiting a while. The price was more than I expected too, they charge for frames and lenses, and on top of that they also charged me for the Pupillary Distance being too small, absolutely ridiculous.

For the glasses that are being manufactured in China and then shipped to US I feel like I've been ripped off. The quality and feel is cheap. I will never buy from them again and will tell my friends and family to avoid their website. Also, people on the phone barely spoke English and their call center is probably in some 3rd world country because they're trying to save money by paying less to foreigners. Stay away from this awful business.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am a long time customer of Zenni Optical. I started buying glasses from them in 2013 and have referred all my friends to them. HOWEVER, my latest order, placed this month, was so subpar that I cannot recommend Zenni Optical anymore. Buyer Beware. I believe the change has come because they grew so big they moved their manufacturing facility overseas or changed something along those lines. I have no proof of that except I'm holding an extremely DEFECTIVE pair of sunglasses I paid quite a bit for that they refuse to help me with. I have to pay the return postage. Then an email telling me the glasses are not defective. They have about 1/3 of an inch of total blur around the edges. They are saying that is normal. I almost fell the other day.

Well, that's not normal. So, if anyone writes a review saying they have no clue why all the complaints, just DO NOT ORDER THEIR PREMIUM SUNGLASSES. It's a known issue, NOT PUBLISHED on the website, that they are saying some people can handle it and some can't. They have fought me every step of the return process and I will NEVER ever buy from them again. Eventually this will catch up to them. They do not care about the consumer at all as of August of 2017. In 2013, they were wonderful. Something changed. Too bad... They used to be so good. BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I ordered progressive sunglasses using my doctor's script. I got them the day before my month-long vacation. But quickly discovered that I was completely unable to read in them! When I returned, I reached out to customer service. They first refused to help as I was 2 days outside of my "30-day warranty." When I pushed back, they agreed to allow me to ship them back for inspection.

After over two weeks of no word, I had to reach out to them to see if they had been received. Only then did they respond that they had, in fact, prepared them incorrectly. They promised that "they had been remade" and were being rush shipped. That was over three weeks ago and still NOTHING! It turns out they were just starting the remake process and "don't offer rush shipping." I can't decide which is worse, their quality control or their customer service. NOT WORTH IT! Won't be using them again and don't suggest you do either.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Have ordered glasses from Zenni for years with nothing but great success - One pair of glasses in this order were totally messed up, couldn't see through them without headache - causing eye strain. I think maybe the PD may have been done completely wrong. Called to discuss and the customer service representative couldn't care less about my problem and was rude, I felt she just wanted to get me off the phone - told me I had to send them back and maybe I would get credit for that pair of my 3 pair order. You should have a pre-paid return postage program like most other modern internet seller. I felt I was very badly served when I finally had a complaint after being a customer for so many years.

I found Zenni Optical through a Google search and I went with them because of their reviews. I had some connection with their customer service reps and ordering online was easy. I ordered two times and I came back.

Four years ago, I found Zenni Optical on Facebook and they're a lot cheaper than going to the doctor. I have ordered a lot of glasses from them and I usually purchase a full rim. The shipping is very fast and the quality of the glasses are good. But I have a problem with one of the items that I ordered recently. It's different from the prescription that I wanted. But other than that, I like all the glasses that I ordered. Zenni provides excellent service.

Ordering from Zenni Optical online was really easy. They're less expensive and I really like the frames. I did the full rims this year and everything was great.

Still waiting for glasses that were supposed to be delivered today (paid for express shipping). Placed order & emailed a copy of my Rx. They said they tried to contact me with no evidence of it, "Look in your spam folder." Nada in spam either. Stated they called FIVE days after the order was placed, noticed a "discrepancy". I sent the copy of my Rx to avoid this!!!! FIVE DAYS LATER they say they "tried to contact" me???? I'd still be waiting if I didn't call them wondering where my order was. Now they say they will "expedite" it & I should receive them in 7-10 days. Funny because that would've been the same original time without 20.00 extra for express shipping. DO NOT PAY FOR EXPRESS SHIPPING!!!! IT'S A JOKE!!! & they will not refund the extra I paid for shipping!!! Hope the glasses work! Horrible Mexican customer service also. Only call 5 am-5 pm E.S.T. or you get Mexico!???

I lost my glasses and a friend back home told me that I could buy something cheap but good quality on the internet. I looked at the frames on the other sites but I liked Zenni’s the most for its cool variety of eye glasses. The frames look good and juvenile so I bought one from them last year. The ordering process was easy, as well. I bought my second pair a couple of months ago and I went for the style that is plastic and full rim. I bought the same one like what I bought last year because everybody said the glasses look really cool.

I bought one pair and after they arrived, I immediately bought two more pair and will be buying one a month until I get all the frames I like! Affordable, fast and perfect for everyday glasses! Love, love, love Zenni! I get compliments every time I wear my glasses and I always tell them where I got them!

I like Zenni Optical because they have a lot of beautiful designs and it’s cheap. I don’t have to spend an arm and leg to get eyeglasses and I love that. Ordering online is easy especially since I can save my prescription so I get to put that in when I order glasses. It’s pretty straightforward and I like it. I’ve ordered from them five times already, and I have a couple of prescription sunglasses and regular ones too. I’m ultimately satisfied so I will keep on ordering from Zenni.

One of my friends told me about Zenni Optical and I went with them for their prices. I have been ordering from them for five years already and I have bought five pairs of glasses, including my husband's. They have a lot of different options and I got a few different variant styles just for the change in my look. Their products are affordable and stylish but I wasn't able to go into the store and try on the frames before I purchased. I ordered online which was very easy and the process from ordering to receiving the products was fairly fast.

I started using Zenni four years ago. I ordered full rim glasses because I like how this type of glasses looks on my face. The shipping of the glasses was super fast and the glasses weren't messed up when they came. It was a good experience with Zenni and I would use them again.

I wanted to try Zenni Optical back in May or June and see if they could do what I wanted done correctly. When I did, I was very happy with the glasses that I received. It was a very good experience and I’d be using Zenni again. I'd be ordering my son's glasses from them as well.

I love Zenni. I’ve been dealing with them for so many years now. Someone told me about them and they're one of the first companies I ever heard of that customize glasses. Zenni has a pretty good selection and the ordering process was easy. Also, I got my name on the glasses that I ordered from them.

I've been ordering from Zenni Optical for years because of the quality and the price. I get my eye exam, take my prescription, and order my glasses from them ‘cause it's cheaper than even with my insurance. Then it takes a week for me to get them. I got a big modern-style frame and they're $10, so you can't beat that. The styles are very cute and you can upload a picture and see all the frames on your face but it's not the same as in a walk-in store. However, the glasses are so cheap that if I don't like them, I keep them anyway so I can have an extra pair. They're still glasses, so I can still use them. Now you can send them back too if you don't like them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I highly recommend this company. I was always breaking my 200 dollar glasses before I had the fortune to discover Zenni. Initially, I sent the wrong prescription but the zenni staff were so nice and redid my glasses for no extra cost! I now have not one but THREE pair of very pretty glasses for 50 dollars plus 27 dollars for postage and handling. (I chose the expensive very quick postage) I plan to change my glasses depending upon the season. Zenni puts joy into having to wear glasses.

I have referred about 100 people to Zenni Optical because I work in a hospital full-time, I work in a restaurant part-time and I bartend a golf event part-time as well so I get their name out there every chance I get. I tell people how inexpensive they are, how many options they have for them to look at and the turnaround time. I've ordered close to 20 pairs of glasses and only one had to be adjusted when I got them. And the only time I had to talk to customer service was the first time I ordered them because I didn't know what I was doing for sure. I also like that it saves my prescription online. So I can just go into their system and then click on my name. I ordered for my mom too and I put on my name and it filled up my information in. I don’t have bifocals but she does so it tells me she can't have this or that. It's a wonderful experience overall.

Zenni Optical Company Profile