toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

So, I'm finally writing a review after recommending Zenni for years to friends who complain about glasses being too expensive. I've been buying from them since they first started selling online, and I've always been satisfied with the designs and the prescription accuracy. It's true, they're not ultra designer frames with the prestige of having a big name label. But... for someone like me who has no idea what looks good, doesn't care about designer labeling, and has broken more than one expensive pair of frames in my time, it's the perfect option.

I like the "try them on" feature where you can upload a photo and see a preview of how they'll look. It's not really the most accurate in my experience; sometimes the glasses look way smaller than they actually are. But, I can get a feel for how the shapes will look and they have clear measurements and sizing filters so I don't end up with baby frames. I own three pairs right now - I broke a couple pairs (stepping and sitting on them. Nothing to do with their product), but I am always looking at their new styles to see what else might be fun to try. I love the sunglass lens options - really cool color and gradation options. I've never gone beyond the basic lens and some sunglass tint, but for a simple, affordable pair of sunglasses, Zenni will probably always be my favorite.

I'm surprised on the negative comments. I got a pair of glasses with progressive lenses and a pair of sunglasses for about $59 total -- and they work fine. My hope is that Zenni would fix their customer service problems because with happy people, they tell others. Unhappy people tell others. If you are looking for new suckers, then you will be outed by another company that does what you are doing but concentrates on keeping customers happy. Since it sounds like Zenni is buying from a China company, it cost them with every return, which is why they are avoiding taking care of people. Short term gain for long term collapse.

Somebody told me about Zenni and it was a great deal so I ordered quite a few pairs of glasses (about 14) from them. Usually in the fall, when my Flex Spending Account is coming due and I have money to spend, then I get new glasses. I've even bought my daughter glasses using my Flex Spending Account. I have a lot of Wayfarer style and a lot of all the old fashioned kind of horn-rimmed, where they’re half plastic and half wire frame. Majority of what I have is the aviator style sunglasses in different colors and styles. I have to go to pretty big glasses size-wise so I have to get the temple length right on the side of the frame which kinda limits my selection a little bit. But it’s been excellent experience with Zenni and I’ll continue to buy from them. I have recommended them to a lot of people and a lot of them have gone on to buy from Zenni.

Just received my replacement order, 1 pair of progressive glasses and 1 pair of progressive sunglasses neither of which has the correct prescription. I returned 2 pair and was give 100% credit, to only get back the same thing in a different frame. These glasses are terrible. I cannot see anything near or far. They are horrible. Now I have to return them again to get another credit for only 50% this time. I really need my whole amount back or the correct glasses. I will not recommend Zenni to anyone and will never use them again.

I was a regular customer of Zenni Optical for years and was happy with their service. Lately they made a mistake and lenses had no cylinder and one could not see with them. I complained, returned the lenses for inspection and Zenni wrote to me the following: "According to our supervisor, we cannot inspect just the lenses. Concerning your case, we can return the lenses back to you or discard them. Thank you for your understanding." This ended our relationship and meanwhile I discovered Firmoo and Eyebuydirect, where I buy my glasses now.

I buy from Zenni because it is easier for me to go online than needing to go to a full optometrist. Zenni's website is easy to navigate and their eyewear is cheap. I got my first pair of glasses from them two years ago and I got the second one four months ago. The second pair was a horn-rimmed style with a wire underneath. It looks good. I've also recommended Zenni Optical to my friends.

I used to go to America’s Best. They had the little special buy one pair, get one free and their glasses will be warrantied for a year, but every pair that I bought from them would fall apart as soon as that one year was up. There was a consumer specialist here at Georgia about 6 years ago and he made these recommendations you should try. So, I took the specialist's recommendation and I ordered some glasses from Zenni Optical and I fell in love with them. They have cheaper and quality products. On top of that, I still have glasses because my prescription changed from 5 years ago but the frame was still intact.

Ordering is easy, especially once you know your dimensions and then you'll know what sizes to look for. You also need to know your prescription, pupillary distance, your temple launch, the bridge and then lens width and height. I usually purchase full rim, mixed materials frame and square shaped is the style I like because it looks good on me. You have a certain time limit if you don't like the frames. There have been a couple of frames that I didn't like because the tint was too dark. I sent them back and then I ordered another pair without the tint. If I had an issue, I email them and they respond quickly and take care of the issue.

One of the requirements in my prescription due to my astigmatism is the anti-reflective coating and it felt well with every pair that I've ever purchased. It was good and I don't see glares. Also, the overall price is good because my most recent purchase was three pairs for $200. One pair anywhere else can cost you $200. I get the upcharge for having to have the extra strength lenses and anti-reflecting coatings. Other than that, I also recommended Zenni to multiple people including my family and friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenni Optical?

I have worn glasses for 40+ years and in that time have probably had 20 sets of lenses. I have never had lenses scratch as badly and quickly as these from Zenni Optical. Both lenses have significant scratches over most of their surface after less than 2 months. I've not changed my routine or been in any sort of accident that would have caused this damage, also my work, personal, and lens cleaning activities have not changed. The only theory that I have is that the clip-on sunglasses that I bought with the glasses are causing the problem. Even though they are a thin plastic I suspect that they may be causing the scratches when I put them on and take them off. Also the corners where the clip-on pads touch the lenses seem to be particularly badly scratched.

I contacted first time Zenni on 4/24. I heard nothing back. The second time I got the following response: "We are sorry you are having trouble with your glasses. Our warranty period is 30 days from the date they are received. Unfortunately, the glasses in this order are beyond our return warranty. Any issues should be addressed 30 days warranty period. We are sorry for the inconvenience." I got these sometime in late March and now it is early May, and it's been too long. I'm sorry they didn't scratch on the first day. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

A friend told me about Zenni Optical and I've used them for years. I usually go with their plastic frames for I like the way the nose fits. Their online ordering process was pretty straightforward and their customer service handled any issues really well. However, sometimes you get really lucky and sometimes you don't when ordering frames online. I was not happy with my last order. I don't know if the prescription was off or not, but I haven’t really been able to wear it. But I do really like the frame and their prices are very reasonable.

Amazing quality, even for those of us terrible eyesight. My prescription changes every year as my eyes get worse and from here I'm usually out 500-1000 euros a year depending on if I have the lenses slimmed or not. I paid 80 for two pairs of uv protected color changing (to rose) glasses and though it took 14 days to get them customer service was responsive and even helped me track my package. Through email I received a response in 3 hours. I LOVE my glasses. The lenses are sturdy but not too thick (always a problem for me with a strong prescription) and they don't charge an arm and a leg for a product that people truly need. I highly recommend this company! Thank you Zenni. Also, the rose tint is fantastic for my migraines that I tend to get on sunny days! Migraine sufferers try that option out!

I love Zenni Optical. My family uses them and I tell anybody that has glasses that they try Zenni. I went with them for the value. I've been using them for two years and my aviators are my favorite. However, they should have a reward or discount for people that buy multiple pairs of glasses. I'm always looking for a coupon code. They have one but I can use it once. I've bought a lot of pairs because I like to use them as an accessory. That way I will actually wear them if I think I look cute and I have a variety. I was on the website, had a few minutes, and thought of seeing what's out there. I changed my mind because there was no code. I would have changed my mind and hit the button if I could get 10% off.

I've been happy with Zenni Optical. One of my coworkers used it and recommended it to me. I made two orders in the past year. I had one black plastic frame and one grey plastic frame. I like their quality and I never had any problems with them. Another reason I used Zenni a second time was because the website was pretty easy. I thought it was good.

I thought trying this company would take the place of not having time (travel most weeks) to go to some vision center and pick frames. I entered data, Rx in hand from doctor and once I opened them, I was blinded by them... completely unusable. Because I was not in this country when they shipped, I did not see the package for a few weeks. When I contacted customer service chat line... no response... over an hour. Sent email and they told me go basically write off my $120 and they will not address the order problem. The frames were ugly and not even close to the marketing pictures, flimsy and of the lowest quality. Run from this company. Poor product quality and ZERO customer satisfaction. DON'T DO IT!!!

I've ordered three pairs of glasses from Zenni Optical. I went with them because of their price. Moreover, their online ordering process was easy. I had my own prescription put down at an optical who did the check. I gathered all those measurements, got a report and submitted it. I checked the order online, received an email and received the package thereafter. I was lucky that I got a pair of glasses that I feel is very comfortable. However, there are people who don't have comfortable glasses and so, they have to measure from the face or head. It would be helpful if they have instructions so that the customer can measure by themselves as well and have a rough estimate.

The reason they are cheap is because these glasses are made and shipped from China. Have you ever heard of quality glasses made in China. They will take over 20 days to deliver and there is no returns for 100% refund; only store credit. Order from 39DollarGlasses.com. They are made right here in the USA and delivered really fast and they are really cheap.

My colleague had a beautiful pair of glasses on, so I asked where they were from. He then told me about Zenni, so I checked it out. I now have five pairs from them and my favorite are the ones that look like the horn-rimmed sort with gold underneath the eyes. They look retro and they used to be worn in the '60s. I've had my pair over a year now and they're awesome. I chose that particular style because I wear suits a lot to work and the glasses look good and are less casual too.

Also, everything was great with Zenni's customer service, although I was a little confused when I first tried to call in about the whole pupillary distance thing. But a very nice girl walked me through everything and explained to me how to call my eye doctor and get all that info. The online ordering process was also easy. I love that once you have the pupillary distance, it lets you know what pairs would be good for you. That's why I recommend Zenni to people all the time. For anybody without insurance, like me who can't afford Ray-Bans and LensCrafters, Zenni is fantastic.

I ordered 2 pairs of prescription glasses both with the same prescription and as soon as I received them I could tell they were wrong. I took them to my eye doctor and he said that they were both incorrect and wrote notes about what was wrong with each pair. I sent the glasses and notes back to Zenni Optical for them to inspect and they are saying that only 1 pair is incorrect and the other is fine. I want a refund since they will not correct the pair that they say is "correct" even after my doctor stating that they weren't and that I should not wear them. I know they only give 50% refunds but I want a full refund since they clearly don't know what they are doing. Save your money and time and buy glasses somewhere else.

It was my first time to order from Zenni Optical. It was recommended by my wife so it was my first pair of glasses. I’m very happy with my purchase. The online ordering process was very easy for me. The quality was better than what I was expecting because the price was cheap. I was having doubts but the look and quality were very good. I bought two pairs. One of them was small and metal but in rectangle style and the other one was plastic and square. The metal one, I use it when I go out to church and I use the other one for regular hours during the day. I also got an anti-reflect added to my lenses for only $5. I’m still using them and planning to buy again.

Zenni Optical had a lot of choices and the price was good compared to our local providers. They're a really good company and I've worked with them for several years. The quality of their materials is good and their glasses last a while. I have ordered two glasses several years ago from them. Then again, I ordered two more glasses in 2016, and also recently this year. I got a pair and it was dark. I also got two extra frames. But then later on, I ordered the regular one for night with the clearer lens. I called their customer service one time and they answered on time. I told them I haven't received an email and they said, "Don’t worry. Your order is processed and you'll receive your glasses." I did receive the glasses even earlier than they told me. So it was a pretty good experience.

The glasses look great and the order and delivery was fine, but the glasses are terrible. I paid $700.00 for a pair at Lenscrafters. These started digging into my nose. Rather than order another expensive pair, I thought I would try this website and ended up paying around $100.00. Unfortunately the glasses make me feel cross eyed and seem blurry. I can't wear them. I did not expect the same quality of lens, but I did not expect them to feel this off. I tried but can't get used to them and I'm afraid they will damage my eyes, necessitating a new prescription. I would try to get a correction, but from the other reviews it seem all I would experience is frustration.

Zenni Optical's prices are very competitive and fair. They also have a very good website and their online ordering process is easy. I've purchased three times from them and I usually picked the half-rimmed type of glasses because they look nice. All in all, I'm very satisfied.

I was a little hesitant in ordering prescription glasses online especially with so many mixed reviews, but for the price I decided to take a chance. I am so glad I did! I ordered my prescription glasses on April 10 and received them on April 22. I have to add that I ordered a very basic plastic frame (again, I was afraid to spend too much money) but I was so surprise with the quality of the frames and lenses, they are compatible to what I used to buy at my local eyeglass shop with a price tag of close to $250. These glasses came to $84 total, needless to say that I am now a loyal customer. Great affordable glasses at last. I definitely recommend them.

Zenni came across when I was looking for glasses online and they have a reasonable price. I got the first pair of half frames in December or January and then I got the second pair a few days later. Ordering process was quick and simple and I'm happy with my purchase. I'll be buying again.

I have bought off this site for a long time. The prices are good but as everyone else has stated the frames leave a bit to be desired. I bought 2 pair and received them 2 weeks ago. They have both broken not through misuse but poor manufacturing. They will send out 2 replacement frames and I can fix it myself. I think if you buy a pair of glasses and they break either they repair them or replace them. As they are really China based then repair is out. Do the right thing, don't sell lines that are not up to use. Luckily they are not the only ones selling online.

I've ordered from Zenni about four times now. It’s the best place to get replacement glasses for kids who go through them quickly. There was a time I sent back the glasses and Zenni returned them and sent them back to me. Overall, I'm pleased.

My sister told me about Zenni Optical and so I went with them. Their little picture thing where you can try on the glasses through a photo fo yourself was really useful. Considering how complicated glasses can be, the ordering process was simple. As long as you have your prescription, it's easy to figure out. I got two glasses from them. One has a plastic green frame and it's clear. The other one was gray plastic. I was not expecting much for $20, but I got way more than I expected. I was very surprised that the glasses are of a shockingly good quality.

My wife and I have ordered 10 pair of glasses from Zenni over the past two years. We ordered three pairs a month ago and all three were made wrong. Zenni insists that they are made right. They are trying to say I just can't adjust to where they put the change between distance and reading due to where they put the change on the lens. The frames and lenses are the exact frames I ordered last year and I had no problems see out of those lenses. We sent the glasses back. Zenni insists the glasses are accurate and they won't fix them. We have lost $285. We don't feel the replacements will be any better. The company basically calls you a liar if you have problems. I agree with others saying their quality has decreased in the last year. They don't realize that people want a company if there is a problem that they will fix it without a hassle. If you order from Zenni be willing to lose all of your money.

Zenni Optical have the price and the style I was searching for so I purchased from them. I've used every function that I can including returns and exchanges. I own about a total of four pairs and I drive everybody mad by changing them out a lot. I was curious about all the options. I got really quite addicted to finding out what all the chrome and other lens were and the blue filters, but there wasn’t a lot of information about them. I couldn’t necessarily talk to anybody, so I just kept ordering and trying things on and seeing what works best for me. I've also had a number of prescriptions from different countries and I have to figure out which ones work for my eyes. I have wound up with a couple of pairs that I wasn’t fond of and was surprised to find I can only return once per account so I ended up with glasses I didn’t want. But I regularly recommend Zenni Optical. I'm good at picking out styles that work and I'm happy to say where they came from.

The glasses are great but you should hope you don't have to deal with their reps! Sold me a product that I can not use and did not feel clearly informed of and will only give refund for new after they receive it back. Well in the meantime how do I see? They don't care. Their chat isn't working when I try and they waited hours to respond to me with an email of link trying to disprove my case which I didn't appreciate. I have been a loyal customer for years. Maybe I should try New company where they actually care about people.

I was a student at City College of San Francisco and had been searching for glasses. There was an ad that popped up on Facebook and it was Zenni. Then they posted something that they'll be at the City College. They were supposed to come to City College on October the 4th of last year, but they ended up not showing up. So I emailed them and told them I was trying to come and they didn’t show up. They told me they went to a different campus from the main Ocean campus.

They came on the 6th and how it worked with the bus was you go on the bus and they give you an eye exam. They do this laser thing where you put your chin on it, and they look at your eye. Then they get the prescription. They give you the range. It turns out that my optometrist gave me the wrong prescription. It was slightly off. So Zenni’s was better. Then you try on glasses on the bus and it allows you to order stuff online from the bus. It was cool. The people on the bus were also nice. I met one of the designers for the glasses, and asked if she can make some heart-shaped glasses. I also asked if she can make some stars and she said stars are harder to make but she'll figure it out.

When they came, they were giving a pair with a little coupon and I was trying to tell as many people as possible to go. All they had to pay for was shipping if they decide to do something extravagant with their glasses. The lasers are free if one does the basic ones. To me, having a pair of glasses is great. I ended up getting the glasses for completely free including shipping. I bought more glasses aside from the coupons that I received. I received a coupon first then they sent me an email like apologizing for the delay of the bus. So then they ended up sending me a certificate to get another pair of glasses. I also have done the customization. I ordered a pair of lavender glasses. I got the transitional lenses and got my name engraved on the inside of the glasses. I also got this super cool protector thing on my glasses. I had a fantastic experience.

The two pairs of Zenni that I have, I wear them alternately depending on how I'm feeling and the color of my outfit. The lens fell out on one pair but I just popped them back in and they worked just fine. Zenni is great and I love them. I've been telling everybody about them. I've been the hardcore promo person for Zenni. My boss bought eight pairs of new glasses within the last year. Every time she orders, she spends at least $100 and it covers for about four pairs of glasses.

I've been ordering from Zenni for years. While they tout themselves as a San Francisco based company, they have gone cheap on customer service. They obviously have outsourced and don't realize how unbelievably rude their support staff sound as they attempt to type in English. I was gracious enough to provide that feedback and tell them they lost a customer and their support simply responded with "we've cancelled your order" (at my request) after a macro apology line without acknowledging how rude the prior CSR was. NO attempt whatsoever to save a customer. This company has lost its customer focus. Good luck Zenni, competition is coming for you.

I gave it 2 stars because the glasses are ok for the price BUT if anything goes wrong, you're poop out of luck. Instead of fixing it they tell you it's your fault for not knowing your specs as if you're an opt. They will ask you to buy another pair 1/2 off. There's a man in customer service with a strong accent, barely speaks English, is beyond rude and unprofessional. My lens fell out because the plastic broke while I was cleaning the lens. He told me I can buy another pair half off or they can send me another frame but I have to put the lens in. I told him, NO, what I can do is mail it back on their dime and they can fix it. He hung up on me. Actually they're all rude. Don't spend big money in this company because if there's a prob...it's too bad for the customer. They won't fix it. Horrible customer service all the way around.

Zenni Optical Company Profile