Call toll free
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Call toll free

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003 by two scientists, Zenni Optical has grown from a small, local San Francisco company to one of the largest online optical retailers. Their mission is to provide affordable eyewear, and offer a wide selection from prescription eyeglasses to custom goggles. Their manufacturing process uses the most current materials and ship directly from their factory, cutting out the middleman. Zenni's catalog lists over 6,000 frames and is manufactured in their 248,000 square-foot facility and is passed through a rigorous quality control inspection before being shipped to you. Visit their website today to find the perfect pair for you!

Zenni Optical Gallery (3)

A+

BBB Rating
Read More Read More
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 17, 2017

667 Zenni Optical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 17, 2017

I ordered the cheap, full rim glasses and I love them. I have a black pair and a red pair. The glasses are cute, affordable and they fit my face perfectly. I put in the wrong prescription when I ordered my glasses so I had to call back and talk to customer service. The rep walked me through everything and it was simple. I had a great experience and I've told so many people about Zenni Optical.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 15, 2017

Zenni’s styles and their prices made me choose them and I got the bifocals and several pairs. The reps were courteous and helpful, and they took care of my problems. I had a great experience with them.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I heard about Zenni Optical from a passerby who happened to use the site and I haven’t heard of any others that could do the same thing. It was a good idea so I tried them. I've made a total of four purchases and three of them were due to trying to get the lens correct as I wasn't quite familiar with the tint at all. For my first purchase, I had a sunglass pinned to it and it didn't make sense. They said that the sunglass lens was an 85% but when it came in, it was lighter than the normal 80% lenses. Polarized lenses have less tint and they even had a 90% but I was looking for darker ones. I ended up getting another pair of the original tint of 80% because that first pair that I got had really weird thin scratches that made it very foggy to see through.

I reached back out to Zenni to look into getting them returned but I wasn’t planning on waiting for however long it would be for the lenses or the frames to get back, or store credits that I could use to buy the pair that I wanted. It was very inexpensive so I didn’t look too much at it. The second pair I got made more sense but I was going for a very specific lens type and the third one I got had a sunglass lens.

The people from Zenni explained about their product, then I got a pair of backups for the glasses I got and they’re holding up okay. The frames of the pair that I'm using right now are plastic and they hold on to the lenses well but there’s still space in between the lenses. Also, the frames will creak under any pressure and you could pinch on the lenses. Then, the arms and the frames use a regular metal hinge and there is not enough spring to it, so one side is a lot looser than the other and it swings freely. In contrast, the right side is very stiff so when you open them up, it will hold the arm out. You have to play some sort of game to make sure that the other one stays open so you can put it on your face and not poke your eyes out. Overall, I'm happy with my experience with Zenni. They’re very simple to work with but there should be some more explanation on the product.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I love the frames I purchased from Zenni and I loved the price. After reading the reviews, I chose not to have them do my lenses. I wear progressives and just didn't feel comfortable that they would get them right. So, It took forever to get the frames I ordered. When I order from Coastal, I get the glasses lenses and all in under a week. These took three weeks. Second, one of the pairs I ordered did not work and I called to return them for an exchange blah blah blah. The customer service was horrible. I literally decided that for the $12 I paid for the frames, I was better off throwing them away or donating them than I was trying to get a refund.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

I bought a full, plastic frame glasses from Zenni Optical because it’s lighter and easy to wear. This was the second time I ordered from them, and I did it online. I filled out all the important information and got my order very quickly. Over other eyewear companies, they have a much better price which was the main reason I chose them. Also, ordering was quite easy because I can choose the type of face and then put the glasses on to see how it’s going to look on me. I would recommend Zenni to my friends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenni Optical?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

I have worn glasses pretty much all my life, and have worn multiple different styles and designers. Long story short, the frameless glasses that I just purchased from Zenni were perfect! MUCH BETTER THAN I HAD ANTICIPATED! I looked at the same style of glasses 2 years ago, but decided against buying them due to the cost being well over $300, with my insurance. The ones I just purchased from Zenni were the same style, and with several of the optional services (upgraded UV etc.) and upgraded shipping, and they were less than $48! More importantly, they fit perfectly, and feel great! So, all of you out there that want to complain about your sub $50 pair of glasses, because they don’t fit; maybe it’s due to user error. Lastly, if you aren’t happy with them, you can send them back and they’ll fix them! Wake up people! These are GREAT DEALS!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

A coworker told me about Zenni Optical a few years ago and it’s a lot cheaper than an actual standard optical store. Their website seems just fine and it works. I told my mom about it, and we started buying stuff off there for two years now. She had ordered three glasses and my sister had two through them. I’ve purchased three and I usually buy the full-rim glasses.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

I'm a fan of Zenni Optical and we really like them. One of my husband’s employees told us that Zenni is affordable and of good quality. I also saw her glasses and I liked them. We have eight kids and my husband and I both wear glasses too. It’s cool because we can afford to buy more than one pair and it’s fun because we can make them a little more accessory. The first ones we got were for my son Anthony who’s had his for about eight months now. Shortly after that, I ordered some for three of my daughters. We’ve ordered for everybody and I’m super excited. We’ve got more coming that should arrive on Monday. We had a little bit of everything and they're super easy to use. Zenni is efficient, affordable and I love the fun of it because we can get different styles. I have told about Zenni and recommended them to other people, too.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2017

My sister uses Zenni Optical all the time. I bought a half rim glasses from Zenni as well and I liked the style of it. My experience with them has been really good.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2017

We gave Zenni Optical a test run on the first pair that we bought years ago and it turned out really well, so we kept coming back. We've been buying from them for three years now and we have bought nine pairs. Ordering online was very easy. Whatever style of glasses my wife sees that she thinks looks cute, the next thing you know, she's sending me a link and I'm ordering them. I also get in touch with Zenni whenever I need to verify that the prescription is correct. However, there's a couple of glasses that the joint screws can't seem to come loose a lot more than other glasses we've ever owned. But, aside from that, everything else has been excellent.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

Every year we update our prescription and order glasses every family member that needs a change in lenses or for those wanting a change (TEENAGERS go Figure!!). My optometrist was skeptical about online ordering till he checked the prescription in his lab and they were spot on. We love our Zenni glasses.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2017

I’ve been using Zenni for a couple of years. I use them and Warby so it’s just between the two. Zenni's pricing has been very competitive. The reps have been accommodating and helpful. The only issue I had was if you order clip-on shades, they don’t show you what you’re getting, and if I saw what I was ordering or what I was requesting I wouldn’t have ordered it. I didn’t like the style and I didn’t like the fit. The one aspect that I would choose a different service like Warby Parker over them is that Home Try-On. But with their home try-on service, their styles don’t really update like Zenni’s do. That’s a give and take. Other than that, everything came as I ordered and it came in quick. Zenni has a lot more style than one of the other places do. It’s a lot more affordable, so if you’re buying more than a couple, it helps.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

My eyesight is very bad and I can't drive unless I'm wearing my glasses, and I needed glasses really fast because my glasses had gotten hit by a car. I got a plain and simple blue pair of glasses from Zenni Optical because I needed a rush. I got the $6.75 glasses and the price was reasonable. I'd rather order glasses online and wait a week for them to come in even though my eyesight is very bad.

Zenni's customer service was great, and the online ordering process was very simple. It would be complicated to other people because a lot of them don't know the measurement between their two eyes. But I just had to get a ruler and measure my eye. The glasses were mailed, and I got them after a week. I'm not too picky about how my glasses really look like. I would purchase the glasses regardless and then if I don't like them, I'll still wear them. I would definitely recommend Zenni, and I've recommended them to a lot of my friends because they would go somewhere else for the glasses and it would be $60 for two pairs when they can get two pairs for $20 at Zenni.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

For the convenience, I purchase from Zenni Optical and I like that they have a way where I can try the glasses on my own face. I put in my picture and try on the frame. The full-rim, metal frame bothers my face but I like rimless to half-rim with a metal frame. I have no problem with shipping and ordering from Zenni Optical and I also had no problems dealing with customer service who got me everything I need and answered all the questions I had. Everything seems to work fine.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2017

A friend told me about Zenni and they're cheaper than other companies so I ordered online. They have affordable glasses and nice service.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I saw that Zenni Optical's prices started low so I wanted to try them. I’ve ordered three times from them and the first one was over a year ago. It was difficult at first but it became a bit easier after I ordered the second time because I knew how to do everything. Their customer service reps said that the glasses were going to be shipped out on a certain day and I received them. I own six pairs of their full glasses and I like them.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

I have owned a Zenni Optical eye wear for three years. Their prices were affordable and the glasses are pretty neat. I would definitely recommend them.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I did have a slow start with Zenni Optical which was recommended by a friend. The glasses I chose were not good for bifocals so I called and they gave me some trendy options to pick from similar to the ones I chose first. I got my glasses today and they fit perfect, I love them and I can see great out of them!!! I will be getting more shortly.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I read a blog post about Zenni Optical and when I checked them out, their prices and selection were good. I'm a repeat customer and I've ordered several pairs of glasses from them, including sunglasses that were styled with raised quarter shells and regular glasses that had round metal frames. They're great and I wear them all the time. I ordered them online which was very easy to do. It was a very positive experience and I have recommended them to people.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2017

Zenni Optical is great. My daughter was the one that turned me on to it and all the nurses at the hospital where she's at all use Zenni. When I first called, they didn't know how to do the order on the computer and they called a customer service person and they were wonderful. For the first pair, I went with a different number because they're not as pretty. It was thicker and I don't like the way they actually look. But the sunglasses I got from them were wonderful and cost $35. The other pair I got was thinner. They were fine. I can 't believe the price and I tell everybody about them. I'm very happy with them.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I liked the glasses of a young lady at a store and she told me about Zenni Optical's website. Zenni's prices are cheaper and I've already made my second purchase. I got the cat-eye frames then I sent them my prescription for my lenses so I’m able to see as well. I love Zenni Optical.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2017

I found an eyewear from Zenni Optical that had a black frame with magnetic sunglasses on the front. I like wearing sunglasses and they don't make that kind that often. It looked kind of RayBan Wayfarer like style. Everything was done online and they shipped fast. I’ve had it for about four months now and it's great quality. For the price point and the glasses themselves, it's a huge deal sunglasses. My experience has been great, painless and easy.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

I got my first order from Zenni and I liked their price. I have recommended them to a couple of people. Ordering online was super easy. The only problem that I may have spoken with customer service about was the pupillary distance wasn’t included on my prescription. So, I made one up and it hasn’t seemed to affect the performance of the glasses.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I got a pair of glasses that I had ordered wrong on accident where I had put plusses instead of negatives. Zenni Optical sent me the right prescription and had me send the other pair back without a problem. I absolutely love Zenni. I've ordered six pairs from them and so far, it’s been absolutely great. I’ve recommended a few people. I know two people who have ordered from there since I’ve started.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I have seen the Zenni commercial and my mom and her boyfriend ordered glasses from them before. She ordered my compact glasses from there and I told her that I wanted new frames because mine were too tight. Last year, I ordered three pairs from Zenni and that’s when I started. The ordering process was easy and quick. They save your information so you don’t have to re-set it next time you order. I have a pink pair that was $6.99, a red pair that is oval shaped and bigger with UV tint on them, and then another pair which I can’t remember what they look like because I have six pairs of glasses. They came earlier than expected, and three of them fit my face better than the ones that I had from the doctor’s office that I went into. I work at Target and people are always asking where I get my glasses from. I've always told people about Zenni and I've told them to go to them. My experiences were better than I expected.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I have every single member of my family who need to wear glasses. I’m looking for something inexpensive but good quality and I’ve got that with Zenni. I really like them and so does all of my family members. We have used Zenni for at least six years. The glasses are all still holding up, but the prescriptions change every couple of years, so I get new glasses. The first time I ordered, it was difficult because you’re not exactly sure what you’re putting where. Then they need you to put in the Pupillary Distance and it is the hardest thing to get. I have gotten a pair of my daughter’s wrong and she got five glasses so she can’t wear those. But it doesn’t take long to get the glasses. Usually, they process them quickly. I’m very pleased with the service all the way around. I keep telling everybody about Zenni and we’ll keep coming back.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I purchased 2 pair of frames only (no lenses) from Zenni according to their 'face' guidelines. The frames were extremely rubbery and were way too large for my face. After contacting, they offered only a 50% refund or a one time exchange. After 2 pair being too big, I wasn't taking the chance on a 3rd. DO NOT buy from them. It will not be worth it!!!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I’m Zenni's biggest spokesperson and I tell all my friends about them. All my orders were as expected and their cost is awesome because I bought glasses through my insurance at my eye doctor’s which I paid $200 for and they’re literally the same thing as the ones I got from Zenni. So the reason why so many people shop with Zenni is because their prices are what glasses should cost. It should be a maximum of $50, not hundreds of dollars. But if they start raising their prices, people are going to shop elsewhere. My mom had gone to Costco and they wanted $700 for the no-line progressive bifocals she wears. But I was able to get her some cute glasses from Zenni. They also give the best deal on sunglasses. I live in Hawaii, so I wear sunglasses a lot and I love that there's an option to customize sunglasses.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Zenni Optical has both price and quality. The first time I ordered from them was five years ago and this latest one is my fourth order from them. It's a nice pair of acrylic ones with magnetic sunglass frames on them. I got a full-rim and then I got frameless.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I tried Zenni Optical out and they haven't let me down so my daughter and I get our glasses through there. I have the full rim and I like the plastic one so as does my daughter. The glasses are affordable but I feel like I should have paid more for the quality. I've had my glasses for about three months and I'm super satisfied. I get compliments all the time. I was at Walgreens today and a lady complimented my glasses. She asked me to read something for her because she lost her glasses eight months ago and couldn't afford new ones. Glasses are a necessity and should be affordable for everybody.

I told her I got mine at Zenni for $12 because I wanted anti-glare. She was like, "No way" and she took Zenni's website from me. Also, when I go to the eye doctor and I can't remember my info, Zenni helps. I just log in to my account and my info is there. I told my mom about Zenni and she ordered from them. When ordering though, one should remember to order all glasses out once so you only have to pay for one shipping and handling.

Zenni Optical Company Information