toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

So, I'm finally writing a review after recommending Zenni for years to friends who complain about glasses being too expensive. I've been buying from them since they first started selling online, and I've always been satisfied with the designs and the prescription accuracy. It's true, they're not ultra designer frames with the prestige of having a big name label. But... for someone like me who has no idea what looks good, doesn't care about designer labeling, and has broken more than one expensive pair of frames in my time, it's the perfect option.

I like the "try them on" feature where you can upload a photo and see a preview of how they'll look. It's not really the most accurate in my experience; sometimes the glasses look way smaller than they actually are. But, I can get a feel for how the shapes will look and they have clear measurements and sizing filters so I don't end up with baby frames. I own three pairs right now - I broke a couple pairs (stepping and sitting on them. Nothing to do with their product), but I am always looking at their new styles to see what else might be fun to try. I love the sunglass lens options - really cool color and gradation options. I've never gone beyond the basic lens and some sunglass tint, but for a simple, affordable pair of sunglasses, Zenni will probably always be my favorite.

I'm surprised on the negative comments. I got a pair of glasses with progressive lenses and a pair of sunglasses for about $59 total -- and they work fine. My hope is that Zenni would fix their customer service problems because with happy people, they tell others. Unhappy people tell others. If you are looking for new suckers, then you will be outed by another company that does what you are doing but concentrates on keeping customers happy. Since it sounds like Zenni is buying from a China company, it cost them with every return, which is why they are avoiding taking care of people. Short term gain for long term collapse.

I was telling a friend how much I liked Warby Parker and she told me about Zenni Optical. Once I did my own research on Zenni, I couldn't resist. They offered glasses at a more affordable rate than the astronomical prices we're used to paying for a set of prescription eyeglasses. I had a great experience with them. A couple of months ago, I got my new glasses from Zenni and they actually look pretty similar to my Warby Parker and they were almost $100 less. However, I really like the fact that Warby Parker donates a pair of glasses for every pair that they sell to a child in need. If Zenni did that, I would really be sold and I wouldn’t even touch Warby Parker ever again but I can't expect everyone to do that.

I got full-rim classic frames in turquoise because I thought they looked great. I was always a metal-framed guy, growing up through grade school. I was never real big on the plastic frames and thought that people with plastic frames looked nerdy but they've now become a fashion icon. I'm older now, and everything has changed for me in my fashion taste. I've grown out of the metal frames.

I just spoke with a friend who told me he liked my glasses and I told him the frames were $12.95 and with the prescription, shipping and tax, everything came out to $46.95. He couldn't believe it. It's such an attainable price for anybody. Aside from that, my transaction went seamless and everyone was very good about working with me. They were very prompt about getting back to my email and with regards to when my shipping would have been here. I highly recommend Zenni to anyone who is in need of a pair of eyeglasses. It was truly an excellent experience and I wish anyone would give an opportunity to Zenni for them to take a chance on them like I did.

I've ordered two times from Zenni Optical and it was a pretty straight forward process. At first, they shipped someone else’s glasses to my home address but they did okay on the second delivery. They corrected it and sent me my order the next day. I've had my eyewear for a year and the quality is okay. It’s reliable but hopefully the price is going to come down.

A bunch of my friends had ordered from Zenni. I ordered a pair of glasses for each of my sons. And then after I had a great experience with their glasses, I bought a pair of cat-eye glasses and a cute polka dot pair for myself. They were super cute, different and not boring. It was straightforward and I didn't even need to talk with anyone. I picked out my glasses, put in all my information for what prescription we needed and ordered them. It was inexpensive and arrived super fast. I have four kids and two of them need glasses. I will never order glasses for them or for myself anywhere else as we've had no problems with them. My son wears his every single day and they're indestructible. It was a great and hassle-free experience.

I was in school and instead of having to wear safety glasses, I could wear glasses. Zenni Optical was cheaper and so I got the glasses there. It's long and wide enough that I wouldn't have to wear safety glasses. The online ordering process was pretty fast. I've had it for five months now and I'm satisfied so far.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Ordered prescription glasses at a cost of over $200.00 CND dollars. I was asked to provide original prescription. And did I received my new glasses in about two weeks. The frame was ok but I couldn't read clear from my monitor. Their reading part was too narrow. My old glasses same prescription were just perfect. I returned by mail and from June 26 I was informed today after a waiting time of 25 minutes that the glasses were ok and same as the original prescription. I was offered a 50% refund or 100% store credit. I asked that would take the 50% refund with the return of the frame. It was refused. I asked to return my glasses. When in the wrong they are always right. BUYERS BEWARE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenni Optical?

We bought our 11 year old daughter five glasses from Zenni. It's very convenient to buy from their site. It's better to have ones that you know are going to break at $10 a pop. It's a great service, well-priced, and good turnaround time. I am pleased and it's worth it. I have recommended them and I tell people about it.

My cousin had bought glasses from Zenni first. It's very easy to order online and they're affordable too, so I'm able to have multiple pairs of prescription glasses and multiple sunglasses. If I forget one in one spot, there’s another. I can also keep one in my car. I have 13 pairs of glasses and I’ve ordered from them twice now. In addition, I always worry about the quality that the glasses are going to come out but they weren't, they're really are good quality glasses. I’ve told everybody about it and I even have one friend who ordered from Zenni.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

Over the years, I've ordered from Zenni 4 times (6 pairs of glasses + clip on sunglasses). I even wrote an article about online purchases of glasses which this site won't let me post. Bad practice. So much for being open and transparent. I took my first pair of glasses from Zenni to my ophthalmologist and the execution of the prescription passed with flying colors. With a little extra attention to customer service, Zenni could be 5 star. I experienced issues two times and Zenni first bounced it back into my lap before relenting and taking care of my issues (which were both reasonable). In summary, if they further strengthen their customer service, they could be 5-star.

I like Zenni Optical's glasses. For the price, the quality is not that high but they're fair. Their glasses are nice and good-looking too. I wish that it had been a little bit wider but I like the style of the glasses. I also like the model where you could see the glasses worn online. That's what really helped me to be able to purchase. I've already purchased from them twice and I’m going to go back there and look for more glasses when I'm ready to get another pair.

My mom got Zenni first and she recommended it to me. My mom is happy with her purchases, though her prescription got so severe that she can’t order through Zenni anymore. They have a limit on the prescription that they can make. I’ve gotten Zenni glasses at least once a year for five years now. I recently ordered the same frames that I had gotten already. I got a pair of glasses and a pair of sunglasses from them. I broke the glasses and my neighbor’s dog ate the sunglasses, so I reordered the same thing again.

I like the plastic, full-rim frames. They are comfortable on my nose and more durable than the wire frames and the shape that I can get out of plastic frames are more suitable for my face. I get the basic lenses and they offer anti-scratch and anti-reflective for free. The shipping time-frame is always within two weeks, but they always arrive in less time. Also, I’m impressed with the lenses. I put them on and I can see wonderfully. The quality of my prescription is just as good as a high-dollar optometrist's. Overall I have recommended Zenni to people. I’ve had co-workers come back to me and thank me so much for letting them know about Zenni.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I ordered a pair of sports glasses for my 9 year old. They were too small and was too lightweight for a sport glasses. Ok I was able to return them back for store credit. I decided then to order a regular pair. I received the pair. It was order under the preteen but here it goes again too small. (Age range 8-12) Something is wrong with their merchandise they offer. They are not the correct size on the display. So now they are giving me 50% refund only. Are you kidding me? I have been ordering from them for a very long time for myself and husband. First time I order for my son and this experience is bad. Therefore I WILL NOT be ordering again from them. So if any troubles know you WOULD NOT get a refund or another store credit. Very disappoint. I would of rather get another store credit and pay a difference if needed. But NO it's not happening.

Zenni Optical has convenience, and their price led me to buying from them. Ordering is very easy and I went with a wire rim and one full plastic sunglasses. I was very satisfied dealing with Zenni Optical.

A bubble formed in the lens of my new glasses after less than three weeks. I reported to Zenni along with photos and was told that was not good enough, that I had to mail my glasses back, at my own expense, which defeats the purpose of buying from Zenni in my opinion. Extremely poor quality and poor customer service. I'm sure they just want people to drop it rather than chase repairs. On a side note I tried to leave a review on Zenni, similar to this one, which has not yet shown up on their site. I guess they only allow positive reviews.

Zenni Optical is a lot cheaper than LensCrafters. Once you get the hang of the numbers, ordering from them is easy. I've ordered four times already and I'm satisfied with the experience.

I have been using Zenni for a couple of years now. I worked with adults who had traumatic brain injuries and a lot of them didn't have money that they could afford to buy expensive glasses. Now, I'm a police officer and being at work, I've had my glasses broken in fights. I got tired of spending $300 to $400 and my insurance would not pay anymore so I gave Zenni a try. I'm using their metal frame. I also have a 10-year old who goes to school and she breaks hers all the time so, buying from Zenni worked out. The only issue I had was that some of them come not so straight and are hard to adjust. The frames are a little crooked so, it makes that hard for her because the kids’ frames are mostly plastic and you can't really have them adjusted. They also don't have a very good selection for prescription ones especially sunglasses.

I went to Walmart for my sunglasses because I was tired of trying to wear contacts. I work night shifts and when I come home from work, it’s super bright out and I have to put contacts in. There's an elderly woman that lives in the town that I work with and she needed glasses and couldn’t afford them. I bought her a pair off Zenni that's supposed to come with clip-on sunglasses and it didn't. That upset me pretty good but other than that, I recommend Zenni to everyone.

I ordered a pair of frames from Zenni Optical and when they arrived, they did not look the same as the picture on their website. I tried to return the frames (which I thought would be simple because it was within 30 days of ordering, and the frames were unaltered with no prescription in them) but they would only allow me to get an In-store credit, and they asked me to pay to ship the glasses back. Customer service was not helpful and very short. When I explained the glasses were way larger than they appeared online, I was told it was my fault for not noticing that all frames only come in one size and may not appear true to size in photos.

I liked the style of one of Zenni Optical’s frames which had a magnetic clip-on sunglasses so I got a half rim which was also lightweight and had it for a year now. However, I had lost the clip-on so I chatted with them through their web app to get another one and they do that fine. Ordering online was medium easy and smooth. They did a really good job delivering it plus the experience was exactly as advertised. I would recommend them and their frame in particular.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am 73 years old and somewhat new to the internet. I had difficulty placing my order through their website. A relative that placed my previous orders was not available. I phoned customer service for assistance and was very disappointed at the verbal communication I encountered with the customer service representative, apparently annoyed, by my, perhaps, silly and repetitive questions. I mentioned that she was coming across as angry to which she disagreed. I thanked her for her time, but, I will take my business somewhere else. Hopefully, the call was recorded...

I like Zenni for its price and their website is extremely easy to use. It's very intuitive. It was my second time ordering from them. I ordered two full-rim and two half-rim. The online ordering process went smoothly, too. I've had my glasses for 2 months now and the quality is good. They’re great glasses at great price, which you don’t see often anymore. Prescription glasses now are run by a cartel basically. So I’m just happy to see that finally there’s a place you can actually spend a little bit of money to get glasses instead of paying hundreds of dollars for glasses.

I've been a customer of Zenni Optical for about three years now. I liked a pair of glasses from them and ordered more than one pair of it. One time, I went through Amazon Pay and used the wrong credit card. I asked them about it and they took it right off. So it was no problem. I've had real good customer service with them and I would recommend them.

A friend told me about Zenni Optical and I bought from them for their price. I ordered twice from them and I'm very satisfied with my experience. My first order was six months ago, and my second was about three months ago. I got full-rim plastic eyewear because it looks good. One of the frames' colors fades a little bit, but other than that, it's good. Additionally, for the second purchase, the one that I originally ordered was not what I expected, so I returned it, got a credit, and ordered another one. Working with their customer service was pretty pleasant, and they issued a credit without talking too much. Zenni's homepage is good but they could still make their website look better.

One of my clients went through Zenni Optical and she recommended me to them. Their pricing and frame designs made me order from them. It was my first time to order and ordering online was easy and self-explanatory. I got black, square-framed glasses and I like the way they looked on my face. I also like the frames. They're lightweight. I love Zenni Optical and I'm going to be sticking ordering through them.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I have ordered prescription glasses and sunglasses from Zenni, and just ordered bifocals for my mother. Zenni has great prices and selection. I am completely satisfied with the products I have received. Having worn glasses for over 35 years, I rate my Zenni prescription glasses as my 2nd favorite pair of all time. My favorite pair were BCBG Max Azria, which cost me over $600. My Zenni pair, with expedited shipping, were less than $100! Black, with electric blue accents... so cute! I was pessimistic, and expected the frames to be similar to the cheap plastic frames I wore as a child. Now that I see (LOL) the quality of the lenses and frames, I will definitely be a repeat customer.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I had heard about Zenni by word of mouth. Thought this would be perfect for me; prescription sunglasses at a good price. I received the glasses. The metal frame was very thin. Felt cheaply made. Obviously I didn't bend them but I imagine they could, easily. Also, in order for me to read anything with these glasses on, I had to hold the item out at arm's length to make out what I read. Totally defeats the whole purpose of having these glasses. My return options are to have 100% credit towards another pair of glasses from Zenni... Which in my opinion puts me in the same predicament. How do you know what you are getting ordering online? Another cheap frame? The other option is 50% refund of my purchase. I'm not happy with their product so I'm stuck with the half refund. Would NOT recommend Zenni glasses. 50% back of what I spent and no prescription sunglasses. Not happy and very disappointed.

Zenni Optical had the lowest prices and we ordered from them at least 40 different pairs. The ordering process was very easy and their customer service has been very good. We made a mistake on one of the entries and they continuously tried to reach us until we were able to work it out. Then they placed the order for us and everything was great. I love them.

I’ve ordered from Zenni Optical for probably 10 years now and my experience has been positive. A friend of mine told me to try them, and they were easy to use. I got their progressive glasses three months ago, and they're good. I also had to deal with their customer service team because when I got the glasses, my doctor had written the wrong prescription. Everything went well and they exceeded my expectations.

I did a Google search, looking for a way to order glasses for less money and that's how I found Zenni Optical. I had used another company before and though I wasn't entirely satisfied, I figured I'd give it one more try. But then with Zenni, the response was fairly rapid and the glasses were pretty much the prescription I asked for. However, one of the downsides to buying glasses online is you don't have somebody to take the glasses to when they need to be adjusted or if the metal frames get bent. Another is that it's a real guessing game how you look wearing them but that goes with the territory. It's also less of a concern to me. The glasses I look for are more of a backup than the primary. But on the upside is it costs less money. Over time, I've bought 12 pairs, some in full rim and some in no rim and I'd recommend Zenni Optical.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

There are numerous 5-star reviews for Zenni Optical. Unfortunately, there are many reviews that are not stellar and are much more revealing. I cannot find any mention on Zenni's website that their manufacturing is done in China. Unfortunately, that appears to be the case. The website clearly infers that all of their manufacturing (frames and lenses) are done in their massive 200,000+ sq ft California facility. Not true. The fact that their manufacturing is done in China is likely the reason that it takes so long to receive orders and that is one of the reasons why they don't mention the overseas location.

I purchased two pair of identical frames and lenses. One set had a 80% gray tint for sunglasses. Both were bifocals. I received the order in about 2 weeks. The frames were fine and the distance lenses were fine—per my prescription. Unfortunately, the reading lenses were completely unacceptable. I emailed Zenni and they said to send the frames back to them (at their CA address) at my expense. Several days later I received an email stating that the lenses were incorrectly manufactured—which I knew. They did apologize but ONLY offered to have them re-manufactured. They said they would put a rush on the other.

A week after that notification, I emailed Zenni requesting the status of my order. They said the lenses were being manufactured in their "overseas" lab and I should give them "a few more days." I have no choice. In the meantime, I have ordered and received a pair of bifocals from EyeBuyDirect without any issues. The glasses are perfect. If possible, I'll update this review if and when I receive the re-fabricated glasses from Zenni. So far, this has been a bad experience.

Verified ReviewerVerified Buyer

I am not a serial reviewer however, I have had a very poor experience with Zenni's quality of lenses and frame. It may not be as much of a factor if you have a simple prescription, mine was no line bifocals. I felt like I was looking cross eyed. I asked for replacement, which I received, no improvement. Please know that I have used the exact prescription with another online company, with no problems. When second glasses were not improved, I just kept them. Shortly afterward, those frames broke. I paid for new frames however, my existing lenses would never fit into new frames. So basically, bad execution of prescription, poor quality frames.

I've been using their eyewear for three years now have ordered with them for about three times. I like their price and their selection of glasses. Ordering online was easy. I get single vision so I just got three different frames of my prescription.. However, I had to send back a pair of glasses for my aunt because she didn't know her glasses had bifocals. Everybody that I've talked to responded very fast and quickly but I usually email customer service because I work a full-time job and I don't really have time to do it on the phone. Other than that, I had a wonderful experience. Zenni Optical is a great company.

Zenni Optical Company Profile