toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

So, I'm finally writing a review after recommending Zenni for years to friends who complain about glasses being too expensive. I've been buying from them since they first started selling online, and I've always been satisfied with the designs and the prescription accuracy. It's true, they're not ultra designer frames with the prestige of having a big name label. But... for someone like me who has no idea what looks good, doesn't care about designer labeling, and has broken more than one expensive pair of frames in my time, it's the perfect option.

I like the "try them on" feature where you can upload a photo and see a preview of how they'll look. It's not really the most accurate in my experience; sometimes the glasses look way smaller than they actually are. But, I can get a feel for how the shapes will look and they have clear measurements and sizing filters so I don't end up with baby frames. I own three pairs right now - I broke a couple pairs (stepping and sitting on them. Nothing to do with their product), but I am always looking at their new styles to see what else might be fun to try. I love the sunglass lens options - really cool color and gradation options. I've never gone beyond the basic lens and some sunglass tint, but for a simple, affordable pair of sunglasses, Zenni will probably always be my favorite.

I'm surprised on the negative comments. I got a pair of glasses with progressive lenses and a pair of sunglasses for about $59 total -- and they work fine. My hope is that Zenni would fix their customer service problems because with happy people, they tell others. Unhappy people tell others. If you are looking for new suckers, then you will be outed by another company that does what you are doing but concentrates on keeping customers happy. Since it sounds like Zenni is buying from a China company, it cost them with every return, which is why they are avoiding taking care of people. Short term gain for long term collapse.

Great value and with great options. It is easy to get glasses online. You can get a new prescription, post a headshot, "try-on" frames, make your choice, use the online ruler to measure pupil distance, choose from many lens options, order! They were delivered within a week!

Zenni had a very wide range of selections and it was very convenient to order online. They also have it to where you can upload your picture and try the glasses on so you will see how the glasses will look on you. The glasses I got were of good value, with decent quality. Delivery is good, too. I have bought 4 pairs of glasses for the price of one at a regular eyeglass store.

I purchased a pair of glasses from Zenni Optical. After I received them they seemed to be crooked and I was always trying to move them to feel right. I looked at them closely and found that one of the side pieces was put on upside down making a quarter inch difference in height from side to side. I contacted Zenni and was told because it was more than 30 days after purchase they couldn't do anything for me but I could purchase a new frame for half off. It was not my fault they were made wrong. Why should I purchase a new frame? We have gone back and forth with emails to no avail. Very bad customer service! Not happy with this company at all, I will take my business elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenni Optical?

Excellent value and quality of glasses from Zenni Optical. A new pair for me usually costs under $50! They also have very good selection and service. Consistently very good order fulfillment and turnaround. I have purchased my single lens eyeglasses at Zenni for over six years and have never had a problem. Well-made quality frames - clear optical lens - even tinting on a couple of pairs. I'm also a very particular consumer and Zenni delivers.

I enjoyed my experience purchasing from Zenni. Good quality and value, and excellent selection while shopping from the comfort of my own home. Prompt delivery as well. I would recommend it to everyone.

At Zenni, I always find what I want. I used to buy my glasses in stores but after finding Zenni with their low prices, large selection, easy to use site, and great quality, I am a forever customer. Although delivery takes a while since I live in PR.

Sad to say but this place has gone downhill. I have purchased 6 pair of prescription eyeglasses in the past with no issues. But the quality of the last two pair has been very very poor. The first of the two arrived and there were numerous problems. First off they put the wrong prescription in. Second the glasses were not the same size as the advertised size on their website. I returned them and ordered a different pair. This pair came in so bent up I could not wear them. They had to crammed so much stuff in the glasses case it caused the frames to have been bent.

But the biggest issue is the prescription was not centered in the lens and I cannot see at a great distance clearly. Have look over the top Edge of the lens looking through the top 2 millimeters to see further than 15 feet. Their quality and quality control has gotten bad since they have gotten larger. They don't want to accept any responsibility for something being wrong. They blame it all on the consumer. Their glasses are inexpensive but they are also cheap. I am through doing business with Zenni Optical.

I was referred by a friend who was happy with Zenni so I decided to give them a try. I wanted to get a couple of different frames just to have something to switch up when I feel like wearing my glasses. Cost is a factor especially when you have poor nearsighted vision. I picked two different styles both with the suggested thinnest lenses etc. Note: I place the order at different times within a few hours of each other, the Zenni reps were very quick to notice and refund one of the shipping fees and put the orders together as one! Great customer service for online ordering! The glasses we received within a week of the order and I was EXTREMELY pleased with one pair, frames $6.95. They are well made, sturdy frames and the lenses are thin, not to mention awesome trendy fun frames!

The second pair, frames $15.95, is not quite the same quality. They are very flimsy plastic, almost "bubblegum machine" quality. I do fear they won't last very long. I would say you get what you pay for but this is not that case at all, when the less expensive frames ($6.95) are as good as my Ray-Ban quality glasses! With all the reviews I have read, I have received very good customer service so far, you DO take a chance on the frames and the lenses were made well with the correct single vision prescription. I would purchase again from Zenni.

Very good quality. Also, purchasing my glasses was simple, easy and less costly -- will use Zenni Optical again. Had to have someone measure the ipd, as that is not commonly placed on the prescription by the doctor, but rather is a measurement done by the dispensing optician.

I ordered a new frame as my current one snapped at the bridge. I received the frame but this was defective. Had to wait on hold for 40 minutes for a rep who gave me an RMA number. I was told I would have to pay for the shipping back to Zenni.

Lenses are very good and the glasses are of excellent value. Delivery was pretty quick, considering they are coming from out of the country. Frames are good, too. But they discontinued my favorite frames which makes me sad. I emailed and asked them not to discontinue, as in bring them back, but after repeated emails, they just kept saying they were discontinued. I got that, but I wanted them to say something like they can't.

I got my prescription from the doctor's office, where they measured my pupillary distance, then I did the purchase online. It was easy and painless. I got a nice pair of prescription sunglasses and glasses that I use for driving during the day or night. The evening glasses that I got were $10 a piece. I got three pairs - one for each car. Then the sunglasses were $80. It's a great value. It could cost me up to $300 if they're prescription sunglasses. Zenni Optical is a great place, and I have recommended them many times.

I love their selection, and I can't find this type of eyeglass anywhere locally. The glasses came 2 days prior to the time I had expected them. I'm diabetic so am conscious of eye problems. I love Zenni and I liked my overall experience with them. I've shopped there for about 3 years now and will be back again.

My glasses from Zenni were of high value for a low price. I have purchased several pairs and only had one break and that was because it fell off of a roof onto a sidewalk. They have many styles for different-sized faces, although the selection for guys could be a little more extensive. Also, it takes a while to get here. Several years ago this would be less of a problem. However, for the price you spend, waiting a few extra days is not bad at all. You can expedite your order for a nominal fee. Zenni Optical takes some time to get set up but once you know your pupillary distance it helps you find the right glasses for you. I have purchased 7 pairs of glasses from them and each pair has lasted until I needed a new prescription. The quality for the price can't be beat.

The frames feel sturdy and of good quality. I do find myself having to de-smudge the lenses of the glasses more often than the (pricier) pair I have from the eye doctor. However, it seems there are less options now than when I first started buying from them. But overall, they have some really cute and unique options that I couldn't find at my eye doctor's office (and for much cheaper). Shipping takes a few weeks, but the window they give you upfront is accurate so it's nothing unexpected. I always recommend Zenni. Glasses can be so expensive that many people who wear them can only afford a new pair every few years. It's really nice to have the variety and Zenni definitely makes it more affordable.

Zenni is way cheaper than the other companies. I ordered full frame glasses, which looks like my old one that I lost. It was easy to find a pair and it came really fast when I needed them. Additionally, I always get weary ordering glasses online because I don’t know what they'd look like on my face, but the people at Zenni made it very easy to do like uploading the picture. Everything worked out and I'd definitely order from them again.

It was the first time I had ordered a prescription online and Zenni was less expensive than buying glasses over a different company, so I thought I would give them a try. I have ordered both bifocals and single vision glasses. They're quite good with quality control. I noticed that my prescription was a little unusual so they contacted me to make sure that there wasn’t a mistake in the prescription before they made the glasses. I was satisfied with the results and so I've been a customer of theirs ever since.

Bought 6 pair of glasses and within an year all the anti-glare applications started breaking down on the lens. From what I have researched on anti-glare. Zenni applies a low grade anti-glare, which breaks down making the 10x worse. Similar to an oil smear. They had me return the glasses. Now I cannot get anyone on the phone. Guess you get what you pay for!

I've ordered around 10 pairs of glasses from Zenni. The first 7 pairs were fine enough and left me satistfied but my past three pairs I cannot even wear. I enjoy wearing larger frames glasses, but Zenni has made that impossible. Their lab technicians put the optical center of the prescription too low on a large frame and make it impossible to see. As we all know, thick rimmed frames sit on your face in a manner in which you look out the top 1/3 of glass and the bottom 2/3 is mostly below eye level in the upper cheek area. Unfortunately, all three pairs of large/thick framed glasses I have ordered did not account for this. The optical center is in the center in the lens, so that even if I had the frames pushed as high onto my nose as they could possibly go, they still don't have a clear vision through them.

Worse than their inability to account for how thick framed glasses are worn, is their customer service. Both times I have spoken to the Customer Service after a 20+ minute wait. They blamed me for incorrectly measuring pupil distance and offered a 50% return. If you order a pair of jeans and they were manufactured without leg holes, surely the jean manufacturer would accept their fault. In this case with glasses, Zenni fails to see that they need more testing of frames for optical centers prior to releasing them. Now I am $160 in the hole for three pieces of glasses I simply cannot wear. What a shame. Zenni, improve your customer service and your eyeglass design.

I’ve purchased from Zenni many times. Most recently I got full-frame, single vision glasses. I had two out of the three pairs that I'd ordered that don't fit me very well, but that's my own fault. The only thing that sucks is that I can’t return anything but I always recommend them.

It was cheaper to purchase from Zenni so I went with them. I bought full-rimmed turtle shell glasses a month ago. It looked like Harry Potter glasses so I got them. The customer service rep was pretty helpful. I called them because I put in the wrong prescription in my first glasses and the return process was a little bit much. I didn’t know why I had to send it like today and then they don’t process it until four days later. There seems to be a disconnect. But I got their glasses for a cheap price, so I like it.

I purchased a pair of rimless glasses in September. Last week, one of the temple screws fell out. Due to the small size of the screw, I couldn't find it. I took the glasses to Target. They didn't have the right size screw, so they temporarily fixed the glasses with a smaller screw and nut, for free. They pointed out that one of the lenses was cracking where it was being held by another screw. I wrote to Zenni to ask for my options. They told me that the glasses were outside of the one month warranty. My only option was to purchase another pair of glasses. Zenni glasses are indeed much less expensive than from brick and mortar stores, but it shows in the poor quality. I've never owned a pair of glasses that lasted less than a year, and that were not fixed for free for a quality issue.

I found all the measurements listed on the website to be very helpful because I was able to find a pair of glasses that actually fit my face. I got a tiny head, so it’s hard for me. Sometimes I have to go with child’s glasses. But it was really easy for me to find a pair that would fit my face because of all the measurements. It was my first time ordering glasses online ever and I have no complaints. I put in two orders and emailed customer service and asked if my orders could be shipped together so I could be refunded one of the fees. I promptly received a response back that said that it would be no problem and I would see my refund for the second shipping cost in a couple of days.

I chose to go for Zenni Optical for its cost. I got a whole rim from them. I sent in my prescription to an email address and I got an email back saying they got all this and that I should be getting my glasses soon. Then I got my glasses and everything was great.

The lenses of the first ones I bought were made incorrectly and the Zenni reps said I'd have to send them back. Supposedly they're my prescription, but I don’t see well so I bought another pair that looked different. I asked to speak to a manager because the second ones were also made incorrectly. I paid extra money for the lenses of the second ones to be thin and I called because there's no way that they made them thin. The glasses are very heavy and the lenses are thicker than the frames.

I told them, “These first ones I bought I don’t see well with. The second ones I can see better with but the lenses are yellow.” The Zenni manager said “That’s a known defect so send a picture and if we can see that then we’ll remake them.” I said I couldn't send them back because I need them to see, and they said “We can't remake them for you unless you send them to us.” So my experience hasn’t been completely great. They're not that expensive, but they're heavier than they need to be on the face and I don’t really know what I'm going to get from them.

I bought glasses for my 3 year old son. The fit was fine and he wore them at bedtime when we read to him. Within a month and a half there appeared fine scratches on the surface of both lens, in the same area. Placing them lens down seemed to have scratched the raised / curved area of the lens. I called to ask for help and was told that the "anti-scratch" surface treatment could not be 100% effective. There is nothing on the website indicating that ahead of time. Perhaps Zenni works well for adult glasses, but children's glasses should come with better safeguards. It was a waste of $50 (more expensive due to strong prescription). The pair that we bought at the eye doctors ($225) have not scratched yet. I would warn others - avoid spending money at Zenni's on children's glasses.

My best friend got her glasses from Zenni Optical and she told me about it, so I chose them since it was cheaper and more convenient for me. The ones I have are half rims, so I wanted something that looks cute but different so I went with a full one. I read through everything and it seems perfect so I didn't need any customer service. It was quick, easy and simple. I loved it and I might get another pair next week.

Zenni Optical is a good company, given what I got from them. I ordered one eyewear for me and one for my friend. I went with the full-frame eyewear but the first frame I chose was too small so it was giving me headache because the lens was not big enough. They gave me a full credit for that, and I had to order another one. I like their response and they even responded back in the weekend. The customer service was good.

Zenni Optical Company Profile