Zenni Optical

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

So, I'm finally writing a review after recommending Zenni for years to friends who complain about glasses being too expensive. I've been buying from them since they first started selling online, and I've always been satisfied with the designs and the prescription accuracy. It's true, they're not ultra designer frames with the prestige of having a big name label. But... for someone like me who has no idea what looks good, doesn't care about designer labeling, and has broken more than one expensive pair of frames in my time, it's the perfect option.

I like the "try them on" feature where you can upload a photo and see a preview of how they'll look. It's not really the most accurate in my experience; sometimes the glasses look way smaller than they actually are. But, I can get a feel for how the shapes will look and they have clear measurements and sizing filters so I don't end up with baby frames. I own three pairs right now - I broke a couple pairs (stepping and sitting on them. Nothing to do with their product), but I am always looking at their new styles to see what else might be fun to try. I love the sunglass lens options - really cool color and gradation options. I've never gone beyond the basic lens and some sunglass tint, but for a simple, affordable pair of sunglasses, Zenni will probably always be my favorite.

I'm surprised on the negative comments. I got a pair of glasses with progressive lenses and a pair of sunglasses for about $59 total -- and they work fine. My hope is that Zenni would fix their customer service problems because with happy people, they tell others. Unhappy people tell others. If you are looking for new suckers, then you will be outed by another company that does what you are doing but concentrates on keeping customers happy. Since it sounds like Zenni is buying from a China company, it cost them with every return, which is why they are avoiding taking care of people. Short term gain for long term collapse.

It's always scary when ordering something custom online, but Zenni had a fair return policy so I took a chance. I found a frame on sale for $9.95 and added progressive lenses. The total was around $50. The glasses arrived in good condition and looked exactly as I expected. The lenses are super clear. I love them! I'm definitely going to order from them again.

I have ordered 2 pair of glasses from Zenni, a pair of sunglasses and prescription glasses using my eye Dr's prescription. The sunglasses work so so, the normal eye glasses do not, and I think that's because two reasons. 1) The lenses is curved and 2) there is bifocals in them. Some people have an awesome experience with them. I think it's best to just pay the money and go see an actual eye Dr. So my experience has never been good with Zenni.

This company manufactures and ships from China. The product is not worth the savings. Customer service is rude and shipping takes weeks and sometimes package is received empty. When you call customer service (online chat), their computer system "has a problem shuts off" when you begin to complain. They don't respond to emails and you are on hold for an hour when you call. Don't order from them!!!

I LOVE my glasses from Zenni! My prescription is bifocals and I was worried about that but the instructions for measuring for them were easy and they came perfectly done! I went from over $300 for one pair to $130 for two pair! Thanks again.

I purchased a pair of glasses, with plain lenses and clip-on sunglasses. What I received was poor quality - flimsy frames that I was worried would break easily. Then sunglasses were glued to the metal frame. Unfortunately, I hadn't read the return policy so, not only did I have to pay return shipping, but they'd only refund 50% of my purchase price.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenni Optical?

The guy I work for told me about Zenni Optical. He heard about it from the Clark Howard's radio program, where he explains deals and how to save money. My whole life, I have always gotten half-rim type glasses. The good thing about Zenni is that I can experiment because it's so cheap. I have very little to lose. They didn't always have the color that I wanted so I've been experimenting with different colors. One thing I do is that I'd make my own prescriptions because I have an unusual condition with my eyes that even though my overall prescription doesn't change. It's not a straight line from how far away it is to how poorly I see. It's a curve and the curve changes. It's really weird and there's no way of pinning that down. So for $20 I can guess and so far, I've guessed okay. It has probably been 5 times that I have ordered glasses from them.

Another reason I use Zenni is that depending on how far away you are or the thing that I'm looking at, I need a different kind of glasses. So I get different styles so I know which ones for what distance. So I went on their website and found the style that I used for far, but I couldn't find the one that I used for close. So I went back to my old order, found the number for it, typed it in and it took me right to it. That was troublesome. Also, when I buy glasses, I also order shaded clip-ons. A couple of times, the clip-ons will wear out before the glasses so I had to contact their customer service. Their website wasn't set up for selling glasses without clip-ons but they sent me a work-around. They really went out of the way to figure out how to help me with that. Every time order glasses, I just order a whole lot of clip-ons.

Their website's also difficult to navigate through. Last time I went on the website, I don't remember being able to see categories. Or if I did, I didn't see any categories that applied to me. Also, there wasn't a way of seeing everything because before, they had a whole lot of selections, but they were all grouped. So if I started at the beginning and scroll down, I could see the basic plastic ones. And then some of them kind of colors and then it would go to something else. I can't do that any more. I could not find what I was looking for by using the categories on the website. It's just a lot of things where they think is a step forward but in reality, it's two steps backwards. But the product is great and the price is the best around.

I have now ordered 4 pairs of glasses from Zenni, for my husband and I. The glasses were inexpensive and are of decent quality. The frames are sturdy and nice looking (one pair were a little more plastic looking than expected, but that style worked perfect for my dorky husband). I've never had an expensive pair of glasses, but for the significant price difference, I don't think there can be that much of a difference in quality. We even ordered transitional lenses and they work perfectly and were hundreds of dollars less than at my optometrist's office.

Their customer service is quick and good. They are happy to help. I incorrectly entered my prescription for one pair of glasses and I was given a one-time credit once I returned them. I did have to eat the shipping costs, but since it was my mistake I think that is more than reasonable. For the price and convenience, this online store is fantastic. I will continue to order my glasses here and I will continue to refer them to friends and family.

Purchased a pair of glasses with progressive lenses. The transition was pretty good after a couple of days. What bothered me was the website showed the glasses with a magnetic sunglass snap-on. What I received was the frame I did order but only a sunglass clip-on. The clip-on has two huge clips which are very distracting and block enough vision that I can't wear them. I'll probably buy from Zenni again but will verify the items on screen with a phone call before I purchase.

I purchased a pair of glasses and noticed a chip on the glasses a few days later. Called up Zenni and customer service wants to charge me for shipping for a new pair of glasses. First I need to send the glasses and after they received it they will give me either half credit or something. Couldn't understand, the person did not speak English clearly enough. By that time my conscience started kicking in and thinking why should I pay for shipping when it's their fault it's not perfect. I said I will no longer deal with Zenni and I hung up on them. Thumbs down on these clowns! There are other eyeglass companies which respect the customers.

The prices at Zenni Optical were better than what I normally see at regular stores. They also have a large selection of glasses to choose from. I wanted to try it out and see how it works. I ordered the frameless ones online and it was easy. I uploaded the photo and the people did some measurements. The glasses were something new that I haven't had before. I have them for about three months now. I'd recommend to a friend because they worked out very well for me and I had a good experience overall.

Considering their prices, I decided to do my purchase at Zenni Optical. Navigating their website was easy. I bought an custom, engraved, full-rimmed frame. I really like the glasses because they are very lightweight. Because of this, I've recommended Zenni Optical to a friend and she bought a pair as well.

Purchased these #170111 men's prescription frame new on 100116. Worn only for distance/driving. Worn on short strap around his neck. They broke at the nose piece while he was wearing them. Just fell off his face while he was at work. Broke 1st week of Dec/2016. I contacted Zenni on the 11th & submitted for a replacement frame on 121616. Received the replacement frames on 123116. These frames just broke while he was at work. Again fell off while he was wearing them. He works in a hardware store, in sales. Nothing outdoors or heavy physical stuff to endanger the glasses.

This company had been recommended to me by a coworker and I love the look of the frames but they only last a couple months. Could be the frame style which is why I included it in the product description above. I had to pay for the replacement frames as well... I paid nearly $31 for original order and almost $17 for the replacement frame which I feel should have had some kind of warranty.

I like Zenni Optical. Their prices were more affordable than the other companies, so I went with them. I’ve ordered a couple of times, and I bought nine glasses from them. I got half-rim and rimless glasses and they’re comfortable when I put them on. Also, their quality is good. Right now, I’m expecting one from them in the mail. I ordered it last week and hopefully, my pair will come in today. Usually, it takes a week for the glasses to get here.

Ordered 6 pair of glasses from them. Received 1 pair for my wife. She liked them but they didn't match the website. Temple kept falling off of them. 2nd pair arrived from another order and found that the 1st pair was not even the correct ones. ZENNI CS agents tried to make it work but had to send them back to get them to understand the problem. When they received them they said they weren't built by them and they did not ship them. Contacted them several more times. CS agents escalated it to corporate and corporate related back to the CS supervisors that they did not ship the frames weren't theirs. I don't know whose they are, or care, they shipped them to me and I paid for them thinking they were ZENNI's. Corporate does not wish to make a loyal customer and prefers to call me a liar after spending over $600 with them over a $110 pair of glasses they incorrectly shipped me.

I've bought from Zenni Optical for three or four years and it’s been good with them. My only problem was with the last pair of glasses which I got from them. They were too tight behind the ears and I had to have them adjusted. Also, I'd like to see some coupons. Other than that, I'm happy with Zenni Optical.

I just got my glasses Monday night (3/6/2017). I have never had bifocals before so I am getting used to them. They feel great and I really like how well they fit. They don't slip off my nose like the other glasses did. I would recommend them to anyone looking to get glasses.

Pretty long time for receiving my order. They make eyeglasses in one place, then send them to another and only after that ship to you. Lenses were off by about 0.5. Returned glasses for store credit. It's already 4 days after they received my return but no refund yet. Contacted Customer Service twice (by email and chat) BEFORE my order was shipped and it was fast and easy with very professional customer service BUT when I tried to contact them for Return issue, it is nightmare. No response on email nor chat at all and, to reach them by phone, I need to spend 1-2 hours on phone with no resolution. Eyeglasses themselves (including lenses) were pretty nice - certainly 5*... if lenses were accurate.

My husband got full-rim glasses from Zenni Optical and he loves it and is very happy. The type of glasses that he wanted was fully round, whereas all the ones he did when he went shopping in a store weren’t quite fully round. Everything was done online and it was easy to order the glasses.

I've been getting eyewear from Zenni Optical for many years because of the options that they had. Most of their eyewear are plastic and fit real good. I got my half-rim glasses from them, and I've had it for months. However, these glasses are a little bit too wide for my face.

I needed the same pair of eyeglasses with the same color so I ordered six pairs from Zenni. They have a variety of stuff, their pricing's good, and it was also easy to purchase on the internet from them.

I am very happy with my prescription reading glasses I bought from Zenni Optical. I can't believe how much I paid for glasses before. I will always buy from Zenni now. The quality is there and you can't beat their prices. I also ordered a new pair of bifocals from them. I am waiting for them. They make it easy to order online. The selection is great. You even get a case and cleaning cloth with your glasses. I need to make an eye appointment for my husband. He will be getting his new glasses from Zenni as well! In my book Zenni is definitely a five-star rating company. I am so stoked that I found their website. Thanks Zenni for making quality affordable glasses!!!

It's time to stop paying high prices for glasses. There's no reason for it other than these people that sell them for $350 a pair are greedy. So I applaud Zenni. You can’t freaking beat their price. Thank you Zenni Optical for keeping the price low, because glasses are a necessity, not a luxury. But at their prices I could afford to buy some for luxury.

My glasses normally cost over $350, but for $110 plus shipping I got photo-transition lenses, the frame, the clip-on for the sunglasses, lens reduction and thickness option, which is a high index, and anti-scratch coating. So I'm happy. It’s not worth getting the anti-scratch coating at all though. It creates more problems than it actually prevents. I have three pairs from Zenni already that have a bunch on swirls on them and they’re hazy. It’s because the coating wears off too easy and then what you're looking at is actually the coating wearing off. I've had to replace glasses every six months because of it. I'm now thinking to remove the anti-scratch coating using some kind of glass etching stuff which will take the entire coating off. If it works, great, I accomplished saving three pair of glasses from the trash.

I also had to buy new frames because the nose bridge supports are really frail. And it is extremely difficult to get the new lenses in. I’ve been wearing glasses all my life and I do all my own glasses repair and I couldn’t do it. So I had to take it down to a professional and have them do it. But other than that my experience with Zenni was all good. I've recommended them to a lot of people. All the glasses I wear are stylish and people have commented on them, and I've made a couple of sales for Zenni talking to other people about their fantastic prices and good shipping time.

If Zenni had more stylish knock offs with popular styles and brands I would buy glasses just to have a different style to wear for dressing up in a suit or a sport or casual dining. I'm the kind of guy who likes to have a pair of glasses in every vehicle that I own, a pair of glasses just for working and a pair of glasses for what I'm wearing. I would like more selection. I'm looking for different shapes. Something that looks like a cat's eye. Something you don't see everyday. A cross between sunglasses and glasses with style, because I'm tired of the normal-shaped glasses. Maybe if they could knock off those really expensive style of glasses, it would be great. Because I’ve found a couple of pair I’d really like to buy and they’re unique and stylish, but the frames alone are $300.

I've been a loyal customer for years. I ordered from Zenni because the eyewear was stylish, comfortable and very affordable. However, over the last year, there has been a significant decline in both the product as well as customer service. I've ordered three pairs within the past year. The first pair was an incorrect size but the hassle of sending the eyeglasses back didn't seem worth the small price I paid (under $25). The next pair I ordered simply fell off of my face mid-sentence during a meeting I was hosting. Finally, the third pair was yet another incorrect size, this pair clearly designed for a toddler with an exceptional small head. I've had it! There are too many other companies out there to waste any more time with Zenni. When I tried to get help via Online Chat, the first gentlemen couldn't access my order and told me to call back. Subsequent request for help were ignored or I was 'disconnected'. Guess Zenni doesn't care about losing customers.

I heard somebody speaking about Zenni Optical so I looked it up online and bought a pair of half-rim eyeglasses. When I called Zenni they answered my question promptly. I've recommended five people to them and most of them have ordered because it was a great service and the prices were unbeatable.

After ordering glasses for our child and waiting 17 days for delivery, I received an EMPTY envelope. I called and waited on hold for 15 minutes. Zenni said the best they could do was ship the glasses I already paid for (making me wait another 17 days). They refused to offer even a partial credit due to their mistake. When I said that wasn't acceptable and I'd like to speak to a manager, the call was disconnected. I then tried their live chat. Even though their site says live chat is available, I waited 20 minutes with no response. Zenni Optical seems to gloss over any mistakes they make and offer nothing in return. Their customer service is pretty abysmal.

I will NEVER order from this place again. 3 times I have tried with them and I'm done. This third time I used my credit. THEY NEVER answer their phone. Their answering service tells you less than 14 min then when you sit and wait it turns into 18 min and 45 min. They ship from CHINA which should give you an idea on how LONG it takes. I paid extra this last time and I'M STILL WAITING with no answers!!! They do not send you emails with tracking, nothing. The worst is when you try to get a hold of them!! IT IS NOT WORTH SAVING MONEY when you waste so much time trying to get hold of them... Save yourself a huge headache and buy from Walmart optical or some other reduced price optical place.

Zenni Optical has a really good selection. The website’s really nice and easy to navigate. The shipment is pretty quick and everything has been great.

I ordered a pair of glasses (with progressive lenses) from Zenni on January 9th and had them delivered January 21st. I paid the extra ~$4 for priority shipping to get them as quick as possible. Well with the exception that they have a lot of purple and blue reflections (to others), I loved them so much I ordered a second pair on February 13th. This time I did not pay the priority shipping as I didn't need them in a rush. Well they arrived today, February 27th. Paying $4 more, I received them only 2 days earlier than the basic shipping?!? Now with that said $4 isn't that much, however, it seems like a cash grab that people ought to be aware of. If you need your glasses fast, they do have a ~$19 express shipping option that is supposed to get them to you in under 10 days.

The quality of Zenni Optical eyeglasses is good. I’m pleased with the prices and it allows me to get more than one pair of glasses at a time. I’ve been with them for six years now. The orders come out quickly and it’s a pleasure doing business with them. I love Zenni Optical and I recommend them all the time. Excellent overall!

I had a friend that I stayed abroad with and she would wear different glasses with her outfits. I asked her how she had a million dollars for all those glasses and she said that she was using Zenni. I had eye insurance through my employer but it covered one single glasses. I already have glasses but I wanted prescription sunglasses so I decided to use Zenni for that. Ordering online was very easy but I don't do it very often and only for some friends and family members. The latest order I had was a pair of sunglasses with a cat eye frame. It was cute and big and would block more sun things. I also got the anti-reflective coating so that I don't see my eye reflected in it. A lot of other ones are usually more expensive so I got that slapped on. Overall, it's very reasonable with good quality so I splurged on it. It was a very convenient, high quality and inexpensive experience with Zenni.

Zenni Optical Company Profile