Call toll free
3.65/5

ConsumerAffairs Accredited Brand

Founded in 2003 by two scientists, Zenni Optical has grown from a small, local San Francisco company to one of the largest online optical retailers. Their mission is to provide affordable eyewear, and offer a wide selection from prescription eyeglasses to custom goggles. Their manufacturing process uses the most current materials and ship directly from their factory, cutting out the middleman. Zenni's catalog lists over 6,000 frames and is manufactured in their 248,000 square-foot facility and is passed through a rigorous quality control inspection before being shipped to you. Visit their website today to find the perfect pair for you!

Zenni Optical Gallery (3)
A+BBB Rating
View More View More

1167 Zenni Optical Consumer Reviews and Complaints

View 2 featured reviews
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I paid for express shipping (7-10 days) and used a prepaid gift card for the transaction. When this gift card was used up, I threw it away, as it was not reusable. I was informed by an email from Zenni that the shipment of my items was going to be delayed. They reported that my gift card was reinstated for the cost of shipping, for the delay. I had long since disposed of the card, unfortunately. When I called Zenni they told me they would offer me store credit. I don't need store credit. However I needed the money put on my personal bank card instead. The representative reported that that was not possible.

I asked to speak with a supervisor, and they said I would receive a call within the next hour from a supervisor. Three hours later I called back and again asked to speak with a manager. They then said a callback would take between 24 and 48 hours, that a manager was not on duty. So now I wait. I am so disappointed because I ordered new glasses for a specific work function, and now will not have the glasses in time for the event. I feel I deserve compensation for this level of service. I really just need to have the money taken off of the gift card and put on my personal bank card. I have been a loyal Zenni customer, but I am now considering other options for my eye care needs.

Zenni Optical response

Thank you for posting your review, which gives us another opportunity to address this issue. As we mentioned previously, we are very sorry that the shipment of your glasses was delayed, and that the gift card you used to place the order is no longer available to accept a shipping fee refund. As we advised, our compliance requirements preclude our issuing a refund to a credit card that had not been used on an order, and we apologize for any dismay this causes. Insofar as you advised that you did not want your refund in the form of store credit, we are removing the store credit we issued to your Zenni Optical account, and today we issued and mailed you a money order in the amount of the Priority shipping fee, $8.45. You should receive this money order in a few days. Also as we previously advised, because of the issues surrounding this order and as an expression of our desire to keep you as a customer, we emailed you a token of apology, which we hope you will use on your next order at Zenni. We trust that these measures resolve this matter to your satisfaction, and of course we hope you will remain a Zenni Optical customer for many years to come.

Get expert buying tips about Eyeglasses Online delivered to your inbox.

Rated with 2 starsResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Updated on 01/18/2019: This my 3rd review this week! It is very early 5:15 am est. on Friday 18th day of January 2019. I still see that Zenni are still dancing around what happen. They still say that I ordered 2 pair of eyeglasses. If I had ordered 2 pair (I did not )why would I want to return 1 pair. I do like the eyeglasses, I just do not like the business practices of Zenni. I was on the phone with one of Zenni customers service representatives as I placed my order online. I understand that Zenni does not take orders over the phone. The representative that was helping me walked me through the order form. I do not know how this could have happened. I know that I was only ordering just one pair of eyeglasses!!!

Updated on 01/16/2019: On 1.15.19, I wrote my personal response after your response to me. Yes if you would like to credit back my shipping that I paid on my credit card. But, in my review I told Zenni I will never buy anything from Zenni. So what am I going to use a store credit? They also mentioned the 2 different type of eyeglasses that were mailed to me, I am sorry I have no clue what you are talking about. Can someone please tell me what are the differences? I am not trying to get anything for free. I just wished we could come together and work this out.

Original Review: Today 1.15.19. On December 29th 2018 went online and ordered my eyeglasses and received them on 1.14.15. I order 1 pair of glasses and received 2 pair. Today I call to find out why I received 2 pair? First they told me that I ordered 2 pair, after speaking to the person which I had a hard time understanding, he told me that I can send 1 pair back and get 100% but I had to pay the shipping. Then he told me that I could get 50% back and I still had to pay for shipping. I asked to speak to his boss, was told they would have someone call me in next 24 hours, to get this answer I had to ask 2 times. As of now I have no clue what will happen. I will never use Zenni ever again.. If you are looking to buy eyeglasses I would not do it.

Zenni Optical response

Thank you for posting your review, which gives us an opportunity to address this matter. We were sorry to learn that you believed that you ordered only one pair of glasses, although the database record of your order shows two pairs of glasses ordered, both in the same frame and prescription type, but one with blue-blocker lenses and one with photochromic lenses. Insofar as you state in your review that you believe you would have to pay to mail back to us the glasses you do not want, we want to advise that this is not the case. We sent you a prepaid shipping label to use for return postage. We will also email you instructions to return the glasses for the 100 percent refund of the price of the glasses in the form of store credit to your Zenni Optical account. As soon as we receive these returned glasses and have issued the store credit, we will email you to confirm that the store credit is now in your Zenni Optical account. Moreover, you selected Priority shipping for this order, which comes with a delivery promise of 10-14 days from the date you placed the order. The U.S. Postal Service website confirms that these glasses were delivered on Jan. 14, 2019, the 17th day after the date you placed the order, Dec. 29, 2018. Therefore, we are asking our lab to refund the $8.45 Priority shipping fee you paid for this order. You should receive an email later tonight from our lab, confirming the $8.45 refund to your credit card. Thank you again for posting your review, and we hope that this now resolves this matter to your satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I heard through a friend that Zenni Optical had affordable glasses. I've been ordering from them since I was in high school. More recently, I have gotten an email which says that my glasses from Zenni were shipped. However, we still haven't gotten them. Normally, it takes a little while for the glasses to come in. Also, the quality of the product is not like the name brand quality. Even so, I've had the pair that I have for two and a half years and they haven't broken. I'm very satisfied with Zenni.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I have been buying glasses from Zennioptical.com for over 15 years and I was happy for its services. I also recommended Zennioptical.com to several friends of mine. However, what recently happened to me made me very unhappy. I ordered a pair of glasses for my wife in the end of last September. In October we received the glasses, and my wife found they were not clear. They seemed off prescription. I thought it could be caused by manufacturer’s mistake, or the prescription that the eye doctor gave to my wife was not correct. So I asked my wife to make an appointment with her eye doctor to check what was wrong. Today we visited the eye doctor, and he told us that my wife’s prescription for the left eye had changed; it should be -3.25 instead of -2.75. After got home I called Zenni Optical (1-800-211-2105), told the agent that the prescription of the left side of the glasses we received was wrong.

I asked the agent if they could help us to remake the left glass with corrected prescription. I said to the agent that it was not manufacturer’s mistake, so we would like to pay for it. However, the agent said to me that since I had received the glasses over two months now they could do nothing for me. They can only help in 30 days after receiving the glasses. The agent also told me that they could not make only glasses; I must reorder a new pair of glasses. The frame and the right side glass of my wife’s glasses are useless, even they are brand new and nothing wrong with them. We do not ask more, only want to replace the left side glass, and we would pay for this service. To make one glass should be easy, why Zenni Optical does not want to help its customers, and ask us to throw away the new frame and the new glass?

The agent said if we could have called within 30 days, they could do something to help. However, in order to figure out what caused the glasses unwearable we must make an appointment to see the eye doctor. During the holiday season 30 days was not possible for us to achieve. I don’t know what does “do something” mean. If you can do something within 30 days, consider we have to make an appointment to see the eye doctor, I think we deserve Zenni Optical’s help even after 30 days. Especially we are 75+ years seniors.

Zenni Optical response

Hi, thank you for posting your review, which gives us another opportunity to address this matter. Since you are longtime Zenni Optical customers, we were disappointed to learn that our representative declined to extend the 30-day warranty on your behalf as a customer service exception, particularly insofar as your eye doctor provided an incorrect prescription that you used to order these eyeglasses. It is true that we do not replace individual lenses, nor do we provide lenses without an eyeglasses frame. Therefore, we are going to issue a 100 percent refund of the price of the glasses from this order in the form of store credit to your Zenni Optical account, even though most of this order was paid for with store credit. This also is an exception we are making on your behalf, since Zenni policy states that an order placed with store credit can only receive a 50 percent refund to the original source of payment, in this case a credit card. In addition, we are not going to require you to return the glasses before we issue the store credit, which is another exception to Zenni policy, so that you will have the store credit available tonight to use to reorder the glasses with the correct prescription. If you get the same frame, you will be able to keep the frame with the incorrect prescription in the left lens to use as a backup frame, in case something happens to the frame you order with the updated prescription. You should receive an email from our lab (Zenni Service) later tonight, confirming that we issued the store credit to your Zenni Optical account. Moreover, we are emailing you an item as an acknowledgement of our strong, longtime business relationship, as well as a token of apology for our not extending the warranty for you when you first contacted us about this matter. We hope that these measures serve to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. We also hope that you remain Zenni Optical customers for many years to come.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Zenni Optical was recommended by a friend. I purchased a pair of eyeglasses and a pair of sunglasses from them since I liked the price. I ordered these items online and the order button said they would arrive in 20 days. They should be arriving today.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Zenni Optical?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

This is my third pair from Zenni. I've had glasses from them for three years now and I like the pricing. I've been recommending Zenni as well to everybody. I did get a pair that the actual lens size was much smaller than what was actually anticipated and what I thought was advertised. And they did offer to take those back and give me a store credit. Their customer service has been excellent so far. But due to the hurricane and some personal medical issues, I haven't even had the opportunity to send those back.

When ordering, I punch in the prescription order that I got from my optometrist after I find a frame that I like. And then they recommend a lens strength for me and a lens type. And I make my decision from there much like I will at a standard optometrist office. Then I submit my order, and then they mail it out to me. I find it very similar to if I was at an optometrist office and eyeglass shop. The biggest thing is that Zenni is missing the high-pressure sales from the optometrist shop. The shipping method is pretty good. Unless you pay for the upgraded shipping, the speed is a bit slow. Most of the time, if you order glasses in person off a lens shop, you can get those within about two weeks anyways. So it can be a little slow, but for the pricing, it can hardly be beaten.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I had a friend refer Zenni Optical to me through email. I was looking for glasses, Zenni sent me this link and I followed everything it said. The first time I ordered was in November and their price was more affordable than other companies. I got one pair of plastic glasses from them and ordering from them was straightforward. I had no problems and it was a good service.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

My 9 year old daughter broke her glasses so I turned to Zenni to order her two new pairs. I have orders glasses for myself many times and, other than being delayed a day or two here and there, I have never had a problem... UNTIL NOW! My daughter's glasses were lost by the USPS. The tracking information states they left a facility in CA but they never arrived anywhere else. I spoke with USPS and they agreed there is no record of where the glasses went or where they current are.

I have contacted Zenni over and over again, explaining the situation and asking them to make the exact same glasses and send them priority to me. The first time I spoke with someone I was told I would have an answer in 24 hours. After 24 hours, a second person tells me it will 72 hours. Now, a third person is telling me it will be 5 more days before they will even agree to remake the glasses. Then we have to wait for the glasses to be made, if they even agree to do so, and be sent here. This is horrible customer service!

Zenni Optical response

Hi, thank you for posting your review about the delay of the glasses. We were very sorry to learn that the post office lost the order, and we apologize for any dismay you experienced as a result. We are also sorry that we initially declined to immediately issue a remake of your daughter’s glasses until such time as the post office confirmed that they were lost. It is good to know that after you spoke with the supervisor on Jan. 7, 2019, we issued the remake of the order to be delivered via Priority shipping, and we manufactured those glasses for you. However, we are grateful that you notified us that the post office found the original order and delivered the glasses to you on Jan. 8, 2019, and we hope that your daughter is pleased with them. In addition, as a measure of apology for the delay and the frustration it caused, as well as an expression of our desire to keep you as a customer, we are emailing you an item that we hope you will use on your next order with Zenni Optical. We hope that these measures help to resolve this matter to your satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I always knew that I was blind. I have astigmatism, but I had the outlook that glasses were crazy, crazy unaffordable unfairly. When my classmate told me about them in 2016, I was like, "Wow." Plus it was a moment for me because I had these raggedy glasses that I used to wear, that I found at a party in college. It was time for me to become an adult. She said that they are stylish, and I like to consider myself as a stylish person. I then logged into the website, and it was amazing. I'm like, "Wow, these frames at this price? Beautiful." It was right up my alley. I have ordered from Zenni Optical for at least 10 already. In December 21st, I got three new pairs. The quality is outstanding. They are beautiful and I enjoy them. There are few frames that are loose, but I got like a wide face.

Their customer service reached out via email around one of the first times I ordered. They said like it was something about the balance of my eye. They said, "We feel like there may have been a mistake." And I'm like, "Shoot, if y'all think of it, y'all professionals. Make those adjustments and just send me some new glasses." They are affordable, and I like the fact that you can put personalized messages on the frames. The only thing I like for them is to add a few more letters or the allotted amount you can customize on the side. I'd tell my friends, "You see how good I look? You can look that good, too."

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

I’ve contacted customer service with no resolution re: Poorly manufactured lenses that hang over the frame, have a purple tint, appear to have a bubble shape and the bifocal line is visible even though I ordered progressive lenses. My prescription is a +2 which has not been a problem to order lenses from other companies. Zenni continues to make excuses for their low quality lens manufacturing. Hence, I am stuck with glasses that I will never wear. Buyer beware!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

In the few months we've been with Zenni, we have made three orders from them already. We received them within a week and a half which is appropriate. We’ve been pleased with the adult selection. But for the girls, we were not as pleased. We wished there was more for younger kids. Nevertheless, they've done well. It's been a positive experience and we’ve told quite a few people about Zenni and have encouraged them to purchase from Zenni.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

A lady at my job told me about Zenni Optical and my experience has been simple and easy. I have purchased five times from them and the prices were great which was why I kept coming back. Also, navigating the website was great.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I have purchased several pairs of Zenni glasses over the last 2 years. Of the 5 pairs, 2 have broken and in both cases the warranty was no good as it is only 30 days. That's it. No more. Cheap is cheap. You're not saving money when you have to buy 3 pairs to have a working one because you're always waiting for a replacement. I had a very difficult time swapping the lenses in the first pair that broke. I won't go through it on the second pair that broke, just calling it a loss. Canceling my account, Last order.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Received my 2nd set of regular glasses (4 pairs) from Zenni just now. I actually got the exact same low-cost style that I got 7 years ago. Not fashion-conscious, not me! And the price was unbeatable. But the glasses work great! I got a couple of metal pairs for more formal times and a couple of plastic for bumming around or doing work at home. I ordered with regular shipping, which took a while to get here being the Christmas shipping season, but the order finally arrived, very securely packaged. I am giving 2 thumbs-up, 5 stars, etc, for a great service at a very affordable price. I won't say "cheap," because that gives the wrong connotation in this case. They're very low-cost but NOT "cheap." My thanks to Zenni!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

As others have noted, the time between ordering your glasses and when you receive them varies greatly. Mine were shipped over a week ago and the USPS tracking information told me they were out for delivery on the 31st. Then the status changed to they’re on their way. Four days later, they’re still not here and I’m betting the package has been lost. Zenni won’t do anything until the shipping status is unchanged for 10 days. So, a week from now, if they’re still not here, I can start all over. I’ve bought before and had varying success with lenses and frames. This is the last time.

Zenni Optical response

Thank you for posting your review about the order for eyeglasses that the U.S. Postal Service lost in transit. We were very sorry to learn that you did not receive this shipment, and we apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced as a result. Nevertheless, we want to confirm that, on Jan. 7, 2019, we ordered our lab to remake your eyeglasses, and this remake was completed on Jan. 9, 2019. It left our lab today, and you should have these glasses next week. You should receive an email with the tracking number when the glasses are mailed from our office, and we expect that you should receive the glasses a few days after that. Moreover, as a customer service gesture and further token of apology for the lost order, and to acknowledge our strong business relationship, dating from 2015, we are emailing you an item that we hope you will use on your next order with Zenni Optical. We hope that this remake and customer service gesture indicate that we consider you a valued customer, and we also hope that these measures will resolve this matter to your satisfaction.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I've ordered four pair of glasses from Zenni. Three of the glasses I bought were good and one of them was worthless. They didn’t get the prescription right. I called and didn’t get anywhere with them. It was 50 bucks, and I ended up just chucking them. It was August of 2017 when I reached out to them. Then in September, we got hit by a hurricane so following up on getting glasses replaced was no big deal when I was trying to rebuild the house. I let go of it. I just made one call and they said okay. It would be nice if they offered some wrap style glasses and if they have better categorization of the different styles of frames. It's a little bit difficult to weed through all of them.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I bought my first pair from Zenni about four years ago and they've been good for the most part. It was quick and easy ordering from them online since they have my prescription which hasn’t changed in almost 20 years. They shipped it in a fair amount of time. And if things didn’t work out, at least they weren’t priced $600.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

I looked at a couple of eyewear companies, and Zenni's pricing overall, after shipping, was better. A lot of the companies advertise cheap pricing, and then once you put in the prescription and choose your stuff, the price goes up. Ordering from Zenni was super easy. I ordered a full-rim, single-vision children’s glasses. Their customer service rep was quick to answer, and she offered the best and easiest solution and what would be the quickest for us to get them. I had put in the wrong Pupillary Distance, then I called them and they were really helpful. They had me cancel the order and reorder brand new ones. They had credited $2 extra to my account.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

I paid for priority shipping on December 14th and was expecting the glasses to arrive 10 to 14 days from then so December 28th at the latest but they didn't arrive until December 31, although I was very satisfied with the quality of the glasses. Will most likely buy from here soon.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

When I heard that using Zenni was a little cheaper than going through the eye doctor, I got my prescription from them and gave it a shot. It was a very good experience navigating their website and they did a good job of illustrating the differences between the type of the lenses to where the buyers knows what they're buying and how that is gonna affect their view. I just wish they continue to have more frame style offerings. Apart from that, the product arrived on time and the packaging was very good. I liked that they have the little eye glass cleaner and the hard case with it .

I tried a progressive lens first, which was good, then I tried a bifocal. I like them both but they each have their pluses and minuses. I bought them instead of having readers. When you have readers, when somebody comes in, you have to take the glasses off. That was the whole point of me trying the progressive lens - that I can look out the top and not be able to have distortion and then be able to read up close. The progressive was a little higher in my pupil than what I would have liked for it to have been, but that's okay. It's a learning event trying to get used to it.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Received two pair of glasses that were ok if you looked straight ahead. Move your head down and you see double. The only resolution is to return the glasses for “inspection”. At their sole discretion they determine if they made an error leaving me with no glasses for 4 to 6 weeks. Buy your glasses at a reputable local store.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I ordered some glasses from Zenni and received them today. The chromatic aberration was terrible, so I am seeing rainbows around objects. I contacted the company and was told all the things I needed to do to help them with their problem. That is terrible service! Good companies today take full responsibility for their mistakes. Be careful when ordering glasses from Zenni. I am throwing them in the garbage.

Zenni Optical response

Hi, thank you for posting your review, which gives us another opportunity to address the matter of the chromatic aberration you experienced on your glasses with the strongly farsighted correction. We were very sorry to read that there was chromatic aberration on your lenses, and we apologize for any dissatisfaction you experienced as a result. Insofar as you declined to return the glasses for an inspection which, if we saw the chromatic aberration, would prompt us to remake the glasses, it is good to know that we made a customer service exception to remake the glasses for you without requiring you to return the glasses. We want to confirm that the remake has been completed, and that the remade glasses will be mailed from our office to you today. We will email you the U.S. Postal Service tracking number from the database record of the order, so that you may keep tabs on the shipment as it makes its way to your residence. We hope that will be pleased with these remade glasses, but of course if you have any issue with them, please do not hesitate to contact Zenni Optical Customer Service, at 1-800-211-2105, and anyone who answers will be eager to assist you.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I've gotten four pairs of glasses from Zenni Optical, and they've all been excellent. I loved having the opportunity to try them online, and the customer service has been fantastic. There was a problem with my first pair, and it turned out the lens had not been made correctly, and they took care of it very fast. The reps were courteous and professional. The quality of the glasses is perfect. I refer Zenni all the time, but they don't advertise enough. I've told people about Zenni and they've never heard of them. Also, I'd like the shipping to be faster.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

Hello! I ordered glasses online at Zennioptical.com on November 20th and it has been over a month and I haven't received anything! When it comes to health issues like my vision is something that I was hoping Zenni Optical take responsibility on this. So, basically my order was shipped on time, I received a tracking number from Hong Kong Post since this is a Chinese company. Then it has taken me more than 21-28 days according to the standard shipping time frame that I paid. Today is December 29th and I still not receiving my glasses.

Second thing, the postal service last update was on December 19th, what I know is that after certain period of time if I dont receive any update from the postal service I could request a remake of my order. So I requested that with all the proof of my tracking number and now Zenni Optical is denying me that which is my right since I have waited for more than a month. The only answer that I received from Zenni is that they emailed me the tracking updates on Dec 19th so they won't remake my glasses and they are asking me to wait for another few days.

So my point here is, why should I expect more time for a remake since this has taken more time than I expected. This has been the most dreadful experience that I have had buying online and I can tell that this is my first experience with Zenni that will be probably the last since I have felt disappointed because another customers have had the same issues and they have received the remake within a couple of days. They dont stand up for their product!

Zenni Optical response

Hi, thank you for posting your review about the inordinately lengthy time it has taken your eyeglasses order to be delivered to the original shipping address you provided. We are very sorry to learn that you have waited more than a month for these glasses, and that you are no longer at this address, where the tracking information confirms the glasses are on their way to you. We profusely apologize to you for the shipping delay, and we want you to know that, to remedy this matter, we have asked our lab to rush a remake of this order of two pairs of eyeglasses, and send it Express mail to the shipping address where you advised you are now. You should receive an email from our lab later tonight with the new order number. We hope that the original and duplicate eyeglasses orders will be delivered to both locations, and that there will be someone at the original location who will be able to get the glasses to you. Once again, we are very sorry about this issue, and as a gesture of apology, we emailed you an item that we hope you will use on your next order with Zenni Optical. We also hope that the measures we have taken will resolve this matter to your satisfaction.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

The quality of the product is good for the price we pay. The glasses from Zenni are no different than the kind of glasses I would buy at my eye doctor, but they cost a lot less which makes them much more affordable. I was concerned about how I would put in my prescription information, but it was pretty easy to enter all the information online. Everything was packaged right there for me, and they always come to me just as it said it would. But the shipping takes a long time, even if you do the express option. Last time, I paid $8 to have the glasses shipped and it was still about 10 days. It takes a long time to get the glasses, but that's worth to me paying a little bit less for them.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I usually use contacts but I use glasses at night. I had my contacts off one night and I misplaced my glasses. Then, an ad popped up and I ended up ordering two pairs of glasses from Zenni Optical. I tend to choose the ones that don’t have the little brackets on the inside. I also try to get a frame that has more of the plastic where it won't leave a mark as much. The two glasses I bought are not the same style but they are the same shape of frame and their lenses are fine. Everything worked out perfectly. I only use the glasses at night and it's within the hour between taking my contacts off, washing my face and going to bed. But regardless, they're perfect. They're similar to the ones that I get from the actual doctors. So now, I'm gonna stop doing the doctor one that the insurance pays for because Zenni's glasses are a lot cheaper and the same quality. I'm just gonna order from Zenni. I referred three other people to them.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I've ordered from Zenni twice now and finding the item I was looking for was really easy. I like the eyewear. Its quality is really good. And the glasses always arrived faster than I intended. I’ve recommended Zenni Optical several times. Everything is like a really good deal. I'm getting a lot for my money.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I have ordered several pair of glasses from Zenni Optical and have been very pleased. Every pair has fit perfectly without adjustment except the last pair. I ordered "Rectangle Glasses 4424124 Malachite" and when I received them, they were too small for my face. I looked up the return policy which is very generous considering they are prescription glasses specifically for me. I called the company and after a 5 minute phone conversation, was sent two emails with prepaid shipping label and all of the information I needed to return my glasses.

The options are either 50% of your money back or a 100% store credit. I chose the credit because I still wanted to buy glasses. They actually had "Rectangle Glasses 4417324 Green" which is a bigger version of the first pair of glasses that I purchased. So I was able to return my glasses and order a new pair and didn't even have to pay shipping. It took about a week and a half to get my new glasses in and they fit perfectly. It only took 4 weeks total, from the time I ordered the first pair until I received my new pair in the mail and that was during the holiday season. I was so pleased with how seamless and extremely generous the return policy was. I would have never been able to do that locally. I would highly recommend Zenni Optical!!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I ordered my glasses December 7th and still have not gotten them. I have called twice and was told they are out of country or on the dock from China and wont be in the system anywhere, but I will receive them (at that time) within a week. I still don't have either pair. I called yesterday and asked to speak with a manager, Lori, who would not call the shipping department but would email them and they would get back to her in a few days then she would update the status. She told me the glasses were somewhere in a box in the warehouse and I would just have to wait until they got to them. I asked to speak to her manager Joe and was told he wouldn't talk to me.

I don't know what happened to this company because last few years they had always been kind and I never had to wait more than 8 days. We are on day 21 and I have no tracking number and no idea if or when they will get around to shipping them. I have ordered nine pairs since 2015 and I think this is the LAST pair I will order from them. I am very disappointed.

Zenni Optical response

Hi, thank you for posting your review of the shipping time of your most recent order, as well as the service you received from our customer service representatives. We were very sorry to learn of the lack of responsiveness from our representatives, and we want to apologize for any dismay you experienced as a result. According to the U.S. Postal Service website, your glasses were delivered to you on Dec. 31, 2018, and we hope you are pleased with them. However, we were sorry to see that, although this delivery was outside the 14-21-day window for Standard shipping, there is no indication that we refunded your $4.95 shipping fee, since we did not fulfill our delivery time promise. Therefore, we are asking our lab to refund this shipping fee, and you should receive an email from them (Zenni Service) confirming the refund to your credit card. Moreover, as a gesture of apology for the frustration this matter caused, we are emailing you an item that we hope you will use on your next order with Zenni Optical. We hope that these measures help to resolve these matters to your satisfaction, and we hope that you remain a Zenni Optical customer for many years to come.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

I have been wearing glasses for over 50 years. I had extreme nearsightedness and astigmatism. Since my forties, needed reading glasses at +2.50. I've been wearing Progressive glasses since they first came out. I've always ordered from chain stores. I've been going to the same optometrist for about 15 years. I recently had two cataract surgeries in November. I went from -7.50 in both eyes, -1.50 cylinder in both to extremely little correction, no nearsightedness, .25 farsighted right eye, -.25 cylinder both eyes. I had aspheric toric implants done.

However, I still need progressive lenses for my intermediate and reading. I was always afraid to try online glasses with my old prescription in the past. I ordered my glasses on December 15th, priority shipping. They came on time Christmas Eve exactly 10 days from ordering. I made one phone call to CS to ask a couple of questions while I was waiting and they were very helpful. The frames are exactly as expected, even cuter than the picture online. I ordered the recommended progressive lens, 1.67 and paid extra for upgraded anti glare. I also had my other high index freeform lenses remade from my Eyemart glasses since they were still under warranty. So I have these to compare. Very close in quality, although my Eyemart lenses are probably a little bit less wavy. I have to totally readjust to progressive because of the drastic change in my prescription.

So far, I am happy with my Zenni glasses. I paid $89 out the door. In the past I paid around $450 at least once a year. I will order again maybe even upgrade the lens for comparison. My tips for the most successful outcome would be know that your PD is accurate. Carefully read all of the measurements for the frames. Just because a frame looks really cute doesn't mean it will fit you. I don't know how well they would have done with a much stronger prescription. At least for my rather simple one, they did a great job. The frame I got from Eyemart in my Zenni frames are very comparable in quality. My Zenni frame was very easy to adjust myself. They needed very little because they fit so well. I would like to order another pair to see if I have a similar experience. I think that's the true test of any company is how they perform over time.

Zenni Optical expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 2003, Zenni Optical is dedicated to providing high quality prescription eyewear at the lowest possible price. As a solely online business located in the San Francisco Bay area, Zenni Optical offers more than 6,000 frames, all manufactured at their 248,000 square foot facility.

• Glasses for less: With prices that are less than the average cost of lunch, Zenni Optical has a range of glasses that could almost be considered disposable.

• Reasonable delivery times: Typical orders are delivered within two weeks in the U.S., making the wait longer than same day service, but still reasonable.

• Buying guides: Get the right glasses and all the information needed to make an informed selection using the Zenni Optical buying guides.

• Lots of options: With thousands of different frames and lots of customization options available, Zenni Optical has a pair of eyewear for almost anyone.

• Sports wear: In addition to glasses and sunglasses, they also offer goggles and other prescription sports wear.

• Best for: Kids, Teens and Professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs