South Beach Diet
About South Beach Diet
The South Beach Diet shifts users away from carbohydrates to more good fats and proteins. Each meal combines healthy carbs, protein and fats. Dieters can combine South Beach foods with healthy meals they make themselves. South Beach diet foods are delivered with free shipping.
- Easy-to-prepare meals
- Tracking app
- Safe, steady weight loss
- Includes food for only 5 days/week
South Beach Diet may be a smart choice for those looking for a low-carb meal delivery program. The company's diet plans include weight loss support and free shipping.
What is the South Beach Diet?
South Beach Diet designs its plans to educate users on the best ways to keep weight off. Its meals are high on protein and good fats and avoid simple carbohydrates. The company encourages low-carb and high-fat foods to spark fat-burning metabolic change. All South Beach Diet plans include access to a tracking app and meal delivery program.
Each week, users have room for two DIY meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dieters can make these meals at home following one of the South Beach Diet recipes or eat at a restaurant and order food that follows the low-carb, high-fat guidelines.
The company designed the South Beach Diet to provide nutritious meals with simple preparation requirements. The low-carb recipes use methods similar to ketogenic diets to burn fat. The South Beach Diet food list includes white bean chicken chili, Margherita pizza and chicken breast stuffed with artichoke and spinach. The company doesn’t use any artificial sweeteners or flavors in its meals.
How does the South Beach Diet work?
The South Beach Diet is divided into two phases.
- Phase 1 concentrates on burning fat instead of carbs in the first week.
- Phase 2 includes some carbs and fats that continue weight loss.
The South Beach Diet includes about 50 grams of net carbs per day — it is low-carb, not ketogenic. You do not maintain ketosis, which is when the body only burns fat instead of carbohydrates.
South Beach Diet costs
Depending on which plan you choose, the South Beach Diet costs about $9 to $15 per day.
- 1-Week Body Reboot Kit ($99.99/month)
- The 1-Week Body Reboot Kit comes with meals like vegetable frittata for breakfast, chicken primavera entrees and dark chocolate nut bars.
- Silver Plan ($268/month)
- The Silver Plan starts with the Body Reboot Kit and then moves into three weeks of meals designed for steady weight loss. Meals include chicken, broccoli and rice and beef soup. Users can also talk to dietitians and counselors focused on weight loss seven days a week.
- Gold Plan ($305/month)
- The Gold Plan includes everything in the Silver Plan and adds snacks. Examples of meals include tuna salad and chicken with apricot glaze.
- Platinum Plan ($332/month)
- The Platinum Plan builds on Silver and Gold to include five days of meals and snacks as well as 15 low-carb shakes. Men using the plan receive extra snacks to meet caloric needs. Support is available from counselors and dietitians.
- Diabetes Gold Plan ($305/month)
- The Diabetes Gold Plan is designed to meet the diet restrictions of people with diabetes. The plan includes Body Reboot and three weeks of keto-friendly meals. Extra snacks are included to meet the caloric needs of those with Type 2 diabetes. The company includes access to the app but not counseling.
Comparing South Beach Diet plans
|Length||Cost per day||Shipping costs|
|Body Reboot Kit||1 week||$14 - $15||$4.99|
|Silver Plan||4 weeks||$9 - $10||$0|
|Gold Plan||4 weeks||$10 - $11||$0|
|Platinum Plan||4 weeks||$11 - $12||$0|
|Diabetes Gold Plan||4 weeks||$10 - $11||$0|
How to start South Beach Diet
Starting the South Beach Diet is as easy as going to the company’s website and answering a few questions to get matched with the best plan. Once you choose a plan, you have the option to customize it before making a payment.
In each plan, Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet involves the 1-Week Body Reboot, which helps you start a low-carb routine. This means removing starches, sugar, alcohol, fruits and high-fat meats. The intention of Phase 1 is to begin burning fat instead of carbs. You can choose meals from an available menu or use the Chef’s Pick option to have the company select meals for you. The Chef’s Pick is recommended for first-time users so they can sample a variety of foods.
South Beach Diet FAQ
How much is the South Beach Diet?
What can I eat on the South Beach Diet?
How easy is it to follow the South Beach Diet?
What are the average results for the South Beach Diet?
Are there any risks or side effects with the South Beach Diet?
How much exercise does the South Beach Diet require?
Is the South Beach Diet safe for diabetics?
Can I drink coffee on the South Beach Diet?
Does the South Beach Diet have a vegetarian plan?
What's the difference between keto and South Beach Diet?
Is the South Beach Diet healthy?
Does the South Beach Diet really work?
The South Beach Diet is helpful for people who need help to reduce the amount of carbs they eat and make healthier meal choices. South Beach dieters can lose 1 to 2 pounds per week. One independent study found that the average weight loss on the South Beach Diet was 5.8 pounds. Many testimonials show dieters losing up to 20 pounds on the South Beach Diet.
South Beach Diet Reviews
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
- 4,215,149 reviews on ConsumerAffairs are verified.
- We require contact information to ensure our reviewers are real.
- We use intelligent software that helps us maintain the integrity of reviews.
- Our moderators read all reviews to verify quality and helpfulness.
For more information about reviews on ConsumerAffairs.com please visit our FAQ.
I've lost a few lbs but not enough to matter on Weight Watchers. Easy to follow. I don't know how it Worrell for so many people. My husband lost 38 lbs on the keto diet.. I tried it but Didn't work as well on me.
Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you did not lose as much as you expected. To better assist you, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. We would be happy to help review your plan and see how we can help, we look forward to hearing from you.
- The South Beach Diet Consumer Experience Team
This was way too proprietary and expensive. The prescriptive meal plan was way too inflexible. The foods themselves were nothing to write home about and all of the ingredients and chemicals in them wreaked havoc on my digestive system. I lost weight only because I didn't stray from the diet but I also found the food so unappetizing that I would not finish the meals.
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience on the program. To better assist you, please email us at email@example.com and include your name and phone number in your email so we can find your account. Also please include a brief description of your issue as you have described here. We look forward to hearing from you.
- The South Beach Diet Consumer Experience Team
Thank you, you have successfully subscribed to our newsletter! Enjoy reading our tips and recommendations.
I was hesitant about trying South Beach Diet. It was pretty good. I decide to try the south beach diet 'cause I wanted to change my eating habits so I can have a healthy lifestyle. I would recommend south beach diet cause it’s the right size portions and it healthy.
Thank you for taking time out to write your review. We appreciate your feed back about your experience on the program. If there is anything else we can do for you please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help. Have a great day!
- The South Beach Diet Consumer Experience Team.
South Beach Diet Company Information
- Company Name:
- South Beach Diet
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.