This company is not yet accredited. See reviews below to learn more or submit your own review.
The South Beach Diet shifts users away from carbohydrates to more good fats and proteins. Each meal combines healthy carbs, protein and fats. Dieters can combine South Beach foods with healthy meals they make themselves. South Beach diet foods are delivered with free shipping.
South Beach Diet may be a smart choice for those looking for a low-carb meal delivery program. The company's diet plans include weight loss support and free shipping.
- Easy-to-prepare meals
- Tracking app
- Safe, steady weight loss
- Includes food for only 5 days/week
What is the South Beach Diet?
South Beach Diet designs its plans to educate users on the best ways to keep weight off. Its meals are high on protein and good fats and avoid simple carbohydrates. The company encourages low-carb and high-fat foods to spark fat-burning metabolic change. All South Beach Diet plans include access to a tracking app and meal delivery program.
Each week, users have room for two DIY meals at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Dieters can make these meals at home following one of the South Beach Diet recipes or eat at a restaurant and order food that follows the low-carb, high-fat guidelines.
The company designed the South Beach Diet to provide nutritious meals with simple preparation requirements. The low-carb recipes use methods similar to ketogenic diets to burn fat. The South Beach Diet food list includes white bean chicken chili, Margherita pizza and chicken breast stuffed with artichoke and spinach. The company doesn’t use any artificial sweeteners or flavors in its meals.
How does the South Beach Diet work?
The South Beach Diet is divided into two phases.
- Phase 1 concentrates on burning fat instead of carbs in the first week.
- Phase 2 includes some carbs and fats that continue weight loss.
The South Beach Diet includes about 50 grams of net carbs per day — it is low-carb, not ketogenic. You do not maintain ketosis, which is when the body only burns fat instead of carbohydrates.
South Beach Diet costs
Depending on which plan you choose, the South Beach Diet costs about $9 to $15 per day.
- 1-Week Body Reboot Kit ($99.99/month)
- The 1-Week Body Reboot Kit comes with meals like vegetable frittata for breakfast, chicken primavera entrees and dark chocolate nut bars.
- Silver Plan ($268/month)
- The Silver Plan starts with the Body Reboot Kit and then moves into three weeks of meals designed for steady weight loss. Meals include chicken, broccoli and rice and beef soup. Users can also talk to dietitians and counselors focused on weight loss seven days a week.
- Gold Plan ($305/month)
- The Gold Plan includes everything in the Silver Plan and adds snacks. Examples of meals include tuna salad and chicken with apricot glaze.
- Platinum Plan ($332/month)
- The Platinum Plan builds on Silver and Gold to include five days of meals and snacks as well as 15 low-carb shakes. Men using the plan receive extra snacks to meet caloric needs. Support is available from counselors and dietitians.
- Diabetes Gold Plan ($305/month)
- The Diabetes Gold Plan is designed to meet the diet restrictions of people with diabetes. The plan includes Body Reboot and three weeks of keto-friendly meals. Extra snacks are included to meet the caloric needs of those with Type 2 diabetes. The company includes access to the app but not counseling.
Comparing South Beach Diet plans
|Length||Cost per day||Shipping costs|
|Body Reboot Kit||1 week||$14 - $15||$4.99|
|Silver Plan||4 weeks||$9 - $10||$0|
|Gold Plan||4 weeks||$10 - $11||$0|
|Platinum Plan||4 weeks||$11 - $12||$0|
|Diabetes Gold Plan||4 weeks||$10 - $11||$0|
How to start South Beach Diet
Starting the South Beach Diet is as easy as going to the company’s website and answering a few questions to get matched with the best plan. Once you choose a plan, you have the option to customize it before making a payment.
In each plan, Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet involves the 1-Week Body Reboot, which helps you start a low-carb routine. This means removing starches, sugar, alcohol, fruits and high-fat meats. The intention of Phase 1 is to begin burning fat instead of carbs. You can choose meals from an available menu or use the Chef’s Pick option to have the company select meals for you. The Chef’s Pick is recommended for first-time users so they can sample a variety of foods.
South Beach Diet FAQ
- How much is the South Beach Diet?
- The 1-Week Body Reboot costs $99.99. The starting cost per day for the four-week plans ranges from $9.56 to $11.87.
- What can I eat on the South Beach Diet?
- On the South Beach Diet, meals concentrate on low-carb, high-fat food. Some options are red curry-seasoned chicken, beach shack cappuccino shake mix and birthday cake bites. Depending on the plan, options include breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and shakes.
- How easy is it to follow the South Beach Diet?
- The South Beach Diet is designed to be easy to follow. The company provides free shipping on all meals. Meals are delivered with free shipping.
- What are the average results for the South Beach Diet?
- Most users average 1 to 2 pounds a week of weight loss on the South Beach Diet.
- Are there any risks or side effects with the South Beach Diet?
- Some South Beach dieters may feel withdrawal symptoms when reducing the amount of sugar and carbohydrates they eat.
- How much exercise does the South Beach Diet require?
- The South Beach Diet recommends that people exercise 30 to 60 minutes each day, depending on the stage of weight management.
- Is the South Beach Diet safe for diabetics?
- The South Beach Diet can work for diabetics with a doctor's input. It’s crucial to consider the necessary insulin adjustments that go with a dietary change.
- Can I drink coffee on the South Beach Diet?
- Yes, you can drink coffee on the South Beach Diet.
- Does the South Beach Diet have a vegetarian plan?
- The South Beach Diet does not have a dedicated vegetarian or vegan plan.
- What's the difference between keto and South Beach Diet?
- A ketogenic diet requires an extreme reduction of carbohydrates (down to 5% of your total diet). The South Beach Diet is not intended to put you in ketosis. It's more of a shift to eating fewer carbs and concentrating on good proteins - you still eat up to 50 grams of net carbs per day.
- Is the South Beach Diet healthy?
- Yes, the South Beach Diet is healthy. Dieters cut back on many sugary and starchy foods and are encouraged to consume lean protein and healthy fats.
Does the South Beach Diet really work?
The South Beach Diet is helpful for people who need help to reduce the amount of carbs they eat and make healthier meal choices. South Beach dieters can lose 1 to 2 pounds per week. One independent study found that the average weight loss on the South Beach Diet was 5.8 pounds. Many testimonials show dieters losing up to 20 pounds on the South Beach Diet.
Currently there are no customer reviews.
A link has directed you to this review. Its location on this page may change next time you visit.
South Beach Diet Company Information
- Company Name:
- South Beach Diet
You’re signed up
We’ll start sending you the news you need delivered straight to you. We value your privacy. Unsubscribe easily.