4.44/5
Based on 16 reviews that contain star ratings

16 Gold's Gym Treadmills Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Aug. 6, 2018

The setup of process is very easy. Just attach the magnetic button to the interface, turn on the treadmill and it is ready to use. The ease of use is a good feature. It is not complicated and many different types of people can use the treadmill, even those who are not used to exercising. I like the weight loss choice, different speed levels, nice incline and features for controlling the speed. Calorie counting is also important. It is nice to know how many calories you're burning so that you can plan the time that you want to exercise to burn a certain amount of calories. But I would include more incline positions and lower the speed on certain weight loss settings because they are too fast for a person that is trying to lose weight. The settings are hard to complete. They could also offer more plans or settings that could be chosen to exercise with.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2018

It was easy to set up. I just had to put the stand together, it took maybe 15 minutes. And then I had to put the treadmill on it and screw it in and then just plug in. It's easy to use, you just turn on and go. I like that it can read my heart rate quickly during an exercise. I also like that it has pre-set workouts. Moreover, it works with Google Maps app to track my distances. It would be an improvement though if the treadmill could change the positioning of the actual walking part up or down to simulate a hill. That would be more challenging than running.

Get expert buying tips about Treadmills delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

Setting the treadmill was easy. It had easy to follow instructions and I set it up in about 30 minutes at the most. You can even look on YouTube and find your model to see joy to setup treadmill. The width of the treadmill is comfortable so there's plenty of room for me to workout. I could also maneuver the treadmill anywhere with the wheels it had. And I like it folds up to make more room in my workout room. I like the easy to read electronics but I would probably improve the electronic screen. It track your calories being burned but I don't think it can tell your weight. Also, the noise of the machine kind of loud.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2018

It's really easy to use. I have left it set up since I got it but the initial setup was fine. It took me 10 minutes when I initially set it up and I will have to try and take it down to see how easily it disassembles. I like the adjustable incline and the features on the display. It runs quietly and is energy efficient. However, the emergency stop clip fits awkwardly on the machine and comes off easily. When that happens it cuts off and will throw you off. It could fit better and be more secure and the display could be easier to interpret. I've read the directions so I know how to use and read it but guests don't. Nonetheless, good way to keep fit. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a treadmill.

Original review: July 31, 2018

Setting up was time consuming, but operating is very simple. Very heavy to move once it was put together. We should have installed where we planned on moving it. Simple to operate and elevates for better workout and calory burning. Overall full body workout. It was a safety release cable you can attach to your body in case you begin to fall and will turn off. However, the power button is located in the bottom front of treadmill and you do not feel like bending over to turn it off after workout. I would relocate the button to the display showing our stats. Nonetheless, we do like Gold's Gym products so far.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym Treadmills?

Original review: July 30, 2018

I purchased this because of the exercise tracks that you can program and size. The fans settings are not high enough though. They could have some different settings. But, setting up was easy, it fold in half upright so there was not a lot I had to do. Easy to operate, and move if I needed too. Keeping track of your self is a lot easier to do.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I love to exercise and walk. I love to go outside and run but it's very easy to be able to do it from the comfort of my own home and it's more safer. I bought my Gold's Gym treadmill from a garage sale but that's okay. It has a lot of features and still has all the new things. I know Gold's Gym is a popular brand and it's worth a lot of money. Similar treadmills go for $1,000. This treadmill is very easy to operate. It's very fun and very fine. You can listen to the radio while you're walking. I have lost a lot of weight on my treadmill.

Original review: July 25, 2018

The process of setting the treadmill up wasn't actually an easy task. But I was able to read the instructions clearly to put the treadmill together, and then after that all I really had to do was plug it up. I like that it can count down or up the time I want it to. I also enjoy that I can increase the slope and speed as much or as little as I want. I was also really impressed with how little the treadmill cost overall. While I had a wonderful experience, I wish I could improve the structure to make it a more comfortable run for me. I would also want the design to be a little more modern like and not funny looking. I feel the treadmill is too high off the ground and can increase chances of injury.

Original review: July 24, 2018

Setting up the treadmill was simple using the instructions. It is very clear and easy to use. You have many walking speeds and can run at your own pace. It has many functions and set workouts including incline up to level 10, pulse reading, safety attachment. You can walk or jog at your own pace. However, there is nowhere to place a book or tablet to use while I workout. I often use the treadmill just walking without listening or watching anything, but I do enjoy watching Netflix or reading a chapter or two while walking.

Original review: July 23, 2018

It is easy to set up as it folds, and is on wheels, so it's maneuverable. I just leave it set up under normal conditions, so this isn't really a major issue for me. Very adjustable for all levels of aerobic exercise. Also, it monitors calories burned, heart rate (pulse), in addition to miles and speed. I really like that I can keep track of so many variables during my daily workouts. Wish it was not quite so heavy. It takes up a lot of space, even when it is folded for temporary storage. This was really an issue when I was relocating to a new state, and had to back it up for transport in a moving van. But I managed anyway.

Original review: May 5, 2017

I like that I am able to adjust not only the speed but the incline on it as well. It also measures my heart rate and tells me how many calories I have burned and the distance that I have gone. I am also able to do a preset workout on it. It is super easy to use. Plug it in and go. It does have an energy stop that will stop the machine as soon as people pull on it which is handy in case of an emergency. There is nothing that I dislike about the treadmill other than the price. It was a bit expensive but it was still worth the cost. I am glad that I purchased it and have it available to use in my home any time that I want or need. It is a fantastic product and I could not be happier about it.

Original review: April 27, 2017

Once we bought it and got it home it was very difficult to get set up mainly because it is so big and heavy. If I could change anything it would be the weight! If possible it would be nice to have something lighter and easier to move. I would also change the pulse meter to make it wireless. It keeps falling off. But after finally getting it set up all we had to do was plug it in. All the programs were nice and we are able to customize our own workout plan. Choosing the workout you want is simple and navigation is good. I like the incline that is adjustable and the different levels of exercise that are programmed in it that allow for different levels of exercise. The fan that is built in is also nice as well as the ability to link with my phone/watch to track my exercise. Overall I do like the equipment.

Original review: April 26, 2017

The original setting up the treadmill took several hours and was difficult as I bought it online and had to put it together myself. In everyday use it can fold up or down for a little more space but I leave mine folded down all the time. To start a workout simply press go in your speed and you're all set. It has 10 speeds and 10 incline settings, has heart rate monitoring, a large digital display, and about 8 pre programmed workout settings. However, the pre programmed work out settings are very limiting and not always exactly what I'm looking for, there are no warmup or cool down functions and display resets after a certain amount of time.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I love my Gold's Gym treadmill! I got the Trainer 720 model after reading review extensively online. This treadmill has the perfect size running area and an awesome joint protection in the Airstride Cushioning. I also like the pulse rate monitors located in the grip and the availability of 18 programmable profiles. I found the treadmill to be exceedingly easy to set up. The foldability has been an awesome feature in our workout room that doubles as a guest suite. The treadmill even fits under the spare bed when it's not in use! The setup of the profiles took a bit more time but the manual is thorough and I found the Gold's Gym customer service to be very helpful!

But while I am very pleased with this treadmill purchase, I have come across a couple of issues that were minor to me. First, the device connectivity is antiquated and, frankly, didn't work well at its intended job. Second, while I expected a little less stability from a model of folding treadmill, the reality took a little getting used to. It isn't anything that feels unsafe though, just different.

Original review: April 23, 2017

My Gold's Gym treadmill is extremely easy to use. Basically just a push of a button and I'm up and running in no time. I leave it sitting in my room, so I don't have to mess with putting it up and out of the way. I like that I can adjust the speed and also, there is an incline feature which allows me to change how effective the workout is. I like the burn I feel in my legs after using the machine. However, I would improve how wide the treadmill is. It is not wide enough for my liking. Sometimes I find myself stepping on the sides of the machine while running.

Original review: April 22, 2017

A Gold's Gym treadmill allows me to elevate the incline and adjust speed easily. It allows me to create my own workout or do one of the already created workouts. It was really easy to set up and operate. It is easy to understand, and I never have any difficulties using it. However, I wish the screen would be more digital instead of so plain. The speakers on the treadmill work but they are not very loud and could be louder. It is hard to hear over the noise of the treadmill.

Gold's Gym Treadmills Company Information