Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.19/5

Curves Reviews

Original review: April 20, 2020

Very good customer service, clean place, great machines. Not so crowded, respectful crew. Is a great start every time you walk in. Simple. I love it. Feels like a family having a great time exercising, make me come back.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Cathy and Karen are so positive and make you stay on track. Their encouragement, their asking how you are every day and check-in makes you feel special whether it's your monthly weigh-in or checking in to see when you miss a day or two. You feel cared for.

Get buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 9, 2020

I started my healing journey at Curves, and it was the perfect place to start. The machines were very easy to use, and there was always an instructor on the floor to make sure you were using the machines properly. Between each machine was a square pad for you to jump around on for 30 seconds for the cardio portion of the workout, and at the end were bars to use for stretching. It was a great experience, and I saw results very quickly. I was very sad to see all of the Curves in my area close. It was definitely worth the investment.

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

The Curves Diet fit my needs perfectly. My problem with eating is I eat when I am bored, emotional, to pass time, when I do not feel good, to taste it, or just to get ride of it (must not waste). I love food, I have fear of hunger, fear of missing out etc... lol. With the Curves Diet I never felt hungry and I was able to eat all day, in fact I had to remind myself to eat! Because food is so much a part of my day, this diet worked out because I was able to continue eating all day. Because I had many free foods, I was able to go out to dinner and such. Like I said earlier, I did not have that hunger feeling. The feeling of hunger is what makes me fail when dieting.

I lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. This weight did not come back. Of course I did gain this weight back after 2 years, but that is due to normal body changes. Curves Diet has a several menus to choose from. All are put together with small snacks and meals, including free food and a shake. I really like that this diet did well with my metabolism, my body never went into starvation mode, so when I decided to stop, I did not regain my weight. Problems with this diet is meals need to be prepacked and ready for the week or I will fail.

Original review: April 8, 2020

Curves is a waste of money. Because you only have a short time on each apparatus, there is no time available to clean in between. I ended up getting two yeast infections from the quick-switching. Talk about disgusting. In the beginning, I lost nine pounds, right away. Over the following month, I only lost another two, in spite of eating a healthy diet. Then, I began to gain the weight back. A friend who was a weight lifter told me that it was because all the exercises are the same. If you don't increase the number of reps, or the speed or intensity, then your body adjusts, and you don't burn any additional fat. I found that theory interesting, and decided to talk to other ladies at Curves who had been going longer. NONE of them lost weight after their initial two or three months. If you mention your frustration to the "trainers," all they do is try to sell your their nutritional products, which, by the way, are not very healthy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Curves?

Original review: March 25, 2020

In this Covid-19 health crisis of 2020, the Curves Corporation, based in Texas, is NOT freezing or waiving membership dues in April 2020. Clubs are closed to the public according to health department recommendations. Curves clubs are offering Facebook style videos for members to continue exercise at home, yet members are still being charged the full monthly fee. Other major fitness chains across the country are temporarily freezing members' dues as well as offering digital classes. After contacting my local franchise, and the company based in Texas, I get the same blanket response. "Do the Facebook classes while we still charge your monthly fee." This seems illegal. To charge a fee for a facility that I have NO access to for an undetermined amount of time. Someone please contact Curves Corp. to get them to stop billing members.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I never received a copy of my contract, when told they would e-mail it to me. I was told I would be on a monthly charge. I gave 30 day notice and in April and they still took $147 from my account, Not people of their word. I paid $98.00 for March & April, I got hurt and seek a Dr. who had me off exercise for 3 months I couldn't walk. I gave them a 30 day notice as they as said to do in April 2019, and they took their payment. I find out that they sold Curves to someone else and location and I find out they took another $49.00 in May.

I call them several times but no callback, I didn't even know they moved to another location, the new owner tells me that I am on a contract and I still have to pay till June so now they have taken out the $98.00 plus another $147.00 from my account, after I had send them several letters and went to BBB to tell them they do not have authorization to take out any money from my account. I have send all my proof to them and they continue to take money out of my account and as of today I have not received a copy of my contract. They are not people of their word. I was not a happy camper at all. It's a shame that they didn't disclose that they were selling Curves and changing locations when I went to sign up in March. If they would of been truthful, I would of never signed up. The new location is too far for me with my work schedule. So now they have $242.00 of my money. Great job Curves in Pomona.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I have been lucky enough to be in and around Curves in WA for 10 years. I was a member initially then became a Curves circuit coach before becoming the manager. Then in 2012 I bought an existing Curves with only 95 paying members. The club has been built up to 200+ members reaching a high of 275 members in 2016. Due to financial difficulties re-collapse of mining industry we dropped members understandably but remain a strong vibrate well respected Curves club.

Our members are loyal and love Curves Clarkson. The feedback is so encouraging. They love the fact it's a complete workout in just 30 minutes and they have a coach at every workout supporting them the whole way. Our members are not just a number - we know them all by name. We have created a fabulous community environment. Curves is a way of life available for all women in our community. If you are looking for a way to exercise in a comfortable non-judgmental environment Curves is for you. Love our members, love Curves.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I've been a member of Curves off and on since 2014. My last membership just ended this month and I am never going back. The pros: the owners are usually high-energy and motivating. Supportive environment of women. A 30-minute workout is pretty easy to slip into your day. The cons: terribly inconvenient hours. Really. This is not for the working person or student. If you're over 60 and you have nothing going on in your life, the hours will work well for you. Outdated interiors. Irrelevant, outdated diet plan with too many carbs to lose weight. It's pretty much a Weight Watchers. If you stay on the induction phase for the duration of the program, you might lose 3 lbs. a month.

Injuries galore. I hurt my back, then my knees, then my hamstring, then my shoulder. This is finally why I gave up. Most of the ladies here use the machines minimally, meaning that they pretty much half-ass it and barely move in the machines. This will prevent injuries, but you're not really getting much of a workout. Some of the instructors were poorly trained. I would use a machine, then they would come over and correct me, then I would show them the photo on the wall and they would agree that they have been teaching it incorrectly.

During peak times, there were too many people and it took them a long time to switch stations. This meant that instead of the usual time per station, you had to wait for someone to get off of their machine, and that ate up 10-20 seconds of your machine time. My Curves was also selling clothing (hung on the walls). But not in-style clothing. Some out of fashion stuff, probably for the over-80 ladies at the club. Save yourself the money, gimmicks, injuries, and just go for a walk.

Original review: June 11, 2018

My first time going I had a real weight problem and the attendees were very helpful and nice. I love the 30 min work out cycle and just all women mostly. I look for more coupons offers but don't really get my hands on any but I will continue to go to Curves.

Curves author review by Joey Thurman

Curves International, also known as Curves or Curves for Women, is one the largest fitness franchise chains in the world. Founded in 1992, Curves is designed as a fitness and weight-loss club for women only and features a 30-minute Circuit program, group fitness classes, lifestyle coaching and more. It has over 1,000 franchise locations in the United States and internationally.

• Group fitness: Curves offers low to high intensity classes for women at every fitness level. These include Cardio, Boxing, Body Basics and Body Balance.

• Weight loss support: Curves reports that its members lose an average of five pounds over the first 20 weeks of membership. Personal trainers and fitness coaches can provide the extra motivation needed to meet weight loss goals.

• Curves Circuit program: Curves has designed a simple circuit training program for fitness novices to jumpstart healthier lifestyles and stronger bodies. In just 30 minutes, you can complete the entire circuit, which combines chest and back, ab and back, and leg extensions and curls for a total body workout.

• Curves Complete: Curves offers a wellness program called Curves Complete that features a fitness program, meal plan and personal coaching and support. This plan is designed to provide support to women who want to lose weight.

• Certified coaches: Curves Complete coaches complete certificate programs that were developed by Cleveland Clinic to optimize weight loss while protecting health.

by Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Curves Company Information