Lose weight for good. How much can you lose?

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

2.09/5

Curves Reviews

Original review: Sept. 20, 2019

The Curves Diet fit my needs perfectly. My problem with eating is I eat when I am bored, emotional, to pass time, when I do not feel good, to taste it, or just to get ride of it (must not waste). I love food, I have fear of hunger, fear of missing out etc... lol. With the Curves Diet I never felt hungry and I was able to eat all day, in fact I had to remind myself to eat! Because food is so much a part of my day, this diet worked out because I was able to continue eating all day. Because I had many free foods, I was able to go out to dinner and such. Like I said earlier, I did not have that hunger feeling. The feeling of hunger is what makes me fail when dieting.

I lost 10 pounds in 3 weeks. This weight did not come back. Of course I did gain this weight back after 2 years, but that is due to normal body changes. Curves Diet has a several menus to choose from. All are put together with small snacks and meals, including free food and a shake. I really like that this diet did well with my metabolism, my body never went into starvation mode, so when I decided to stop, I did not regain my weight. Problems with this diet is meals need to be prepacked and ready for the week or I will fail.

Original review: July 3, 2019

I never received a copy of my contract, when told they would e-mail it to me. I was told I would be on a monthly charge. I gave 30 day notice and in April and they still took $147 from my account, Not people of their word. I paid $98.00 for March & April, I got hurt and seek a Dr. who had me off exercise for 3 months I couldn't walk. I gave them a 30 day notice as they as said to do in April 2019, and they took their payment. I find out that they sold Curves to someone else and location and I find out they took another $49.00 in May.

I call them several times but no callback, I didn't even know they moved to another location, the new owner tells me that I am on a contract and I still have to pay till June so now they have taken out the $98.00 plus another $147.00 from my account, after I had send them several letters and went to BBB to tell them they do not have authorization to take out any money from my account. I have send all my proof to them and they continue to take money out of my account and as of today I have not received a copy of my contract. They are not people of their word. I was not a happy camper at all. It's a shame that they didn't disclose that they were selling Curves and changing locations when I went to sign up in March. If they would of been truthful, I would of never signed up. The new location is too far for me with my work schedule. So now they have $242.00 of my money. Great job Curves in Pomona.

Get expert buying tips about Gyms and Fitness Centers delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2018

I have been lucky enough to be in and around Curves in WA for 10 years. I was a member initially then became a Curves circuit coach before becoming the manager. Then in 2012 I bought an existing Curves with only 95 paying members. The club has been built up to 200+ members reaching a high of 275 members in 2016. Due to financial difficulties re-collapse of mining industry we dropped members understandably but remain a strong vibrate well respected Curves club.

Our members are loyal and love Curves Clarkson. The feedback is so encouraging. They love the fact it's a complete workout in just 30 minutes and they have a coach at every workout supporting them the whole way. Our members are not just a number - we know them all by name. We have created a fabulous community environment. Curves is a way of life available for all women in our community. If you are looking for a way to exercise in a comfortable non-judgmental environment Curves is for you. Love our members, love Curves.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2018

I've been a member of Curves off and on since 2014. My last membership just ended this month and I am never going back. The pros: the owners are usually high-energy and motivating. Supportive environment of women. A 30-minute workout is pretty easy to slip into your day. The cons: terribly inconvenient hours. Really. This is not for the working person or student. If you're over 60 and you have nothing going on in your life, the hours will work well for you. Outdated interiors. Irrelevant, outdated diet plan with too many carbs to lose weight. It's pretty much a Weight Watchers. If you stay on the induction phase for the duration of the program, you might lose 3 lbs. a month.

Injuries galore. I hurt my back, then my knees, then my hamstring, then my shoulder. This is finally why I gave up. Most of the ladies here use the machines minimally, meaning that they pretty much half-ass it and barely move in the machines. This will prevent injuries, but you're not really getting much of a workout. Some of the instructors were poorly trained. I would use a machine, then they would come over and correct me, then I would show them the photo on the wall and they would agree that they have been teaching it incorrectly.

During peak times, there were too many people and it took them a long time to switch stations. This meant that instead of the usual time per station, you had to wait for someone to get off of their machine, and that ate up 10-20 seconds of your machine time. My Curves was also selling clothing (hung on the walls). But not in-style clothing. Some out of fashion stuff, probably for the over-80 ladies at the club. Save yourself the money, gimmicks, injuries, and just go for a walk.

Original review: May 30, 2018

I've been going to Curves locations for 14 years. The people are great, the staff is great, it meets the needs of senior women quite well. I wish there was one closer than 12 miles away from my home.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Curves?

Original review: June 2, 2018

I love Curves because the circuit works all my muscles without me having to think about it. I just come in and start working out. Everyone is friendly and I look forward to going there each time. The workouts automatically increase as I get stronger so I keep seeing results.

Original review: June 11, 2018

My first time going I had a real weight problem and the attendees were very helpful and nice. I love the 30 min work out cycle and just all women mostly. I look for more coupons offers but don't really get my hands on any but I will continue to go to Curves.

Original review: July 11, 2017

Curves is a awesome place for workouts. I am always hesitant to go to gym. It's Curves and Roopa who changed my way of life. Today Curves has become my daily part of life. Curves' a place with gym, workouts and zumba only for women. Curves is best place to strengthen women. Thanks Curves and team.

Original review: July 29, 2016

I read some of these complaints and find it amazing that people don't bother to read an agreement they are signing but then have the gall to complain and talk about taking someone to court for what, expecting them to commit to what they agreed to and signed. Give me a break. What are you gonna tell the judge when he ask "did you sign this agreement." "Yes but I didn't read it and now I want to complain." What a joke. And where do you think these owners get their income. Do you complainers go to work every day and then if were told "oh sorry no paycheck today" would that be ok. I think not but you want a franchise owner to work for free. Do you realize these owners may "own" their club but they are a franchise and have rules, lot of rules they are legally required to follow. Of course not because you are just a complainer, poor me, poor me. Suck it up and get a life. Take responsibility for your own actions.

Original review: June 4, 2016

I am filing a complaint with 2 Curves locations in Matthews, North Carolina, and Indian Trail North Carolina. I first started going to Curves at the Matthews location in May 2015. At the time my self-esteem was poor, for the first time in my life I had a belly, I was working as a Live-In Caregiver helping the gentleman's wife care for her husband who had multiple physical and psychological issues. I had started the job in late December so began making Christmas treats, cookies, fudge etc. He was able to help me with unwrapping Hershey Kisses and Rolos. Of course I ate all the treats and when the weather got warmer, could not fit into any of my shorts so decided to join Curves and was greeted warmly by a coach, getting a baseline of weight, measurements etc. I went on my days off, Wednesday and Saturdays. It took me awhile to learn all the machines and liked the balance and dance classes.

Every time I came in and swiped my card it said: "See your coach," and got nothing but evasive answers, oh she was going to try and get everyone on the same schedule. This went on for months and I thought what am I paying $44.00 for, one coach said, "You can weigh yourself anytime," never measured or weighed to see if I was making any progress. Then one day as I was driving over to my old neighborhood I noticed a Curves in a shopping center, in the corner, not very visible, except I noticed balloons and thought I would stop in there. I explained my predicament and decided to change location and go to the Curves in Indian Trail, North Carolina. Unfortunately I was only able to attend this Curves a few times, I was working longer hours, not getting my days off, then find out I needed 2 medical procedures in September and October.

I called and spoke with the owner who said I needed a letter from my Dr to show proof I could not work out until I fully recovered. I also called the owner and let her know I had lost my job in October because my client became a danger to himself and others. The money I had in my savings went very fast, having to get a storage unit, pay the rest of my bills and staying at Extended Stays because I really did not want to go back to a friend's house who had helped me in the past when I was having financial difficulties, this did not matter to the owner, they don't care what is happening in your life, the bottom line is the monthly fee. The contract says 2 different things also, that you are to give a 30 day written notice, but also states some mumbo jumbo about giving a written notice no later than the 3rd day from the time you signed up a year earlier, which one is it?

I was appalled when I finally read the contract, they will keep billing you even if you die! Go after your estate. This place preys on vulnerable women who want to get back into shape. It's horrible. I should not have that $ automatically taken out of my account in June of 2016, but because I didn't give a written notice. $44.00 a month is a lot of $ to me right now, I have had to move clear across the coast where my wonderful family has been helping me out, otherwise I would be homeless, does Curves care, he'll no they don't. They will after I take this higher if my account is not credited back to me, it really helps to have a lawyer in the family. Curves is pure evil greed.

Curves expert review by Joey Thurman

Curves International, also known as Curves or Curves for Women, is one the largest fitness franchise chains in the world. Founded in 1992, Curves is designed as a fitness and weight-loss club for women only and features a 30-minute Circuit program, group fitness classes, lifestyle coaching and more. It has over 1,000 franchise locations in the United States and internationally.

• Group fitness: Curves offers low to high intensity classes for women at every fitness level. These include Cardio, Boxing, Body Basics and Body Balance.

• Weight loss support: Curves reports that its members lose an average of five pounds over the first 20 weeks of membership. Personal trainers and fitness coaches can provide the extra motivation needed to meet weight loss goals.

• Curves Circuit program: Curves has designed a simple circuit training program for fitness novices to jumpstart healthier lifestyles and stronger bodies. In just 30 minutes, you can complete the entire circuit, which combines chest and back, ab and back, and leg extensions and curls for a total body workout.

• Curves Complete: Curves offers a wellness program called Curves Complete that features a fitness program, meal plan and personal coaching and support. This plan is designed to provide support to women who want to lose weight.

• Certified coaches: Curves Complete coaches complete certificate programs that were developed by Cleveland Clinic to optimize weight loss while protecting health.

• Best for: women who want fitness or weight loss coaching.

Profile picture of Joey Thurman
Joey Thurman Fitness and Nutrition Expert

Joey Thurman is a nationally recognized and spin certified health, fitness, nutrition expert and television host He is the author of "365 Health and Fitness Hacks That Could Save Your Life." His work has been featured in publications such as Men’s Health, U.S. News and World Report, NPR, People Magazine, Shape, NY Post, Fitness Magazine, ‪Women's Health and many more.

Curves Company Information