1.09/5
Based on 151 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Manahawkin, NJ

156 Retro Fitness Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 24, 2018

After notifying Retro Fitness of my medical reasons for having to take time off from my program (hip replacement). I was told my account was FROZEN, my credit card was billed $280.00. I cancelled the card immediately. I approached Ms ** and was told it was a billing error. The following month they attempted to bill my card another $280.00 on the frozen account. After numerous calls with no return calls I was told by their representative that I was reimbursed for the $ 280.00 and Quote "she was tired of this ** and she would have Ms. ** call me." No Call. I have now filed a claim in court to get my money back. They also have a collection agency trying to get $199.00 from me on monthly dues on the FROZEN ACCOUNT. A firm warning stay away from this sleazy underhanded, LYING outfit.

Original review: June 18, 2018

They make it impossible to cancel your account - so many hoops to jump through. This should be a simple process. If you do to want a product or service, you can get out. Terrible customer experience. DO NOT JOIN THIS CLUB, you will have a difficult time getting out. Between my wife and my accounts, I feel like Retro Fitness (New City) stole over 2 years of money from my family. $19.99 x 2 = $39.98 a month at 2 years is $959.52 for nothing. Someone needs to do something about this gym. They take advantage of customers.

Retro Fitness: 156 Reviews and Ratings (with FAQ) | ConsumerAffairs

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: June 8, 2018

Bad customer service - the membership contract is set up to make sure you have a most difficulty to cancel and if you make any mistake sending your Certified Mail cancellation, your credit is ruined that you worked hard to keep clean! ABC Financial - the corporation doing the billing for Retro has hundreds of bad reviews at BBB websites and Retro has disputes and low rating and well as at the customer affairs website, 148 1 star review speak for itself!

The gym experience is the worst of all and the employees are ignorant and disrespectful to customers. This is due to the business setup, they know you will need to go through difficulties if you want to cancel your membership, so they don't need to be curious and polite to customers. I recommend everyone NOT TO SIGN UP with Retro or any other gym that has ABC Financial as partner. This business setup show that the gym is not customer experience centered! They are money and greed centered! I hope my experience will save you from headache and problems.

Original review: April 17, 2018

I joined a local Retro Fitness in NJ while I was a part time college student at Rutgers University. I was told I could cancel in person at the gym when I returned back home to Pennsylvania. What a nightmare this has been. They told me I could not cancel at the gym, had to send a certified letter to the company. Tried that, no response. Tried sending a certified letter to their business office "ABC Financial", no response. I gave up trying to communicate with them as I did not have time to continue to send certified letters or drive back to NJ to settle this.

Just this week I receive a "collections" letter from them for $180 dollars for back dues. I canceled that membership, or so I thought and now I get this letter. When you call them they refer you back to Retro which is a joke because they refer you back to ABC. I followed instruction I was given and now they are putting me in collections. That is absolutely extremely poor business management practice and I now risk a bad report in my credit rating I have worked hard to maintain. Retro Fitness is the absolute worst, stay AWAY!!!

Original review: April 12, 2018

"This contract is subject to cancellation by notice sent by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, or personally delivered to the Retro Fitness Baymeadows, 9802 Baymeadows Rd., Suite#5, Jacksonville, FL 32256 upon the member's change of permanent residence to a location more than 20 miles from the club or an affiliated health club offering the same or similar services and facilities at no additional expense to the Member." I tried cancelling but they don't respond to cancellation request sent via certified mail. Not even a reason as to why they won't cancel.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Retro Fitness?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2018

(FOREST HILLS NEW YORK UNION TURNPIKE LOCATION) Signed up few months ago for a MONTHLY membership. Did not want to be part of the gym for no more than 1 month. Matter of fact, I did not even use their facility ONCE after I signed up even for that 1 month I wanted. I came back from my vacation couple weeks ago to find out they had me sign a YEARLY contract that I NEVER wanted. Manager Alexandra, owner, district manager and head of customer experience John-Michael are not taking care of my matter. When a client from ANY business wants to talk to the district manager for a problem, businesses take it serious. Not this one. I understand every Retro is personally owned and operated. But, you are carrying the Retro Fitness name therefore I hold the entire company liable. Do not recommend any location.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Retro Fitness has proven to be one of the worst gym experiences of my life. AS per their policy, I notified them 60 days in advance to tell them of my termination of membership. This was in November of 2017. In late December or early January I began receive numerous phone calls daily from ABC Financial Services telling me that I have an outstanding balance of app. $61.00. Apparently, Retro Fitness had charged me for the months of December and January. When I spoke with a representative from ABC Financial Services they basically told me I need to resolve this with Retro Fitness. I went over to the Park Slope location in Brooklyn and spoke with the manager and a desk clerk lady. George, the manager, told me that I needed to pay 31.33 and the matter would be taken care of.

I paid the 31.33 and have the receipt as well as the Cancellation Form I signed. He assured me that this issue would be resolved, notated in their system, and ABC would be contacted so their harassing daily phone calls would stop. As of February 13, I am still getting daily phone calls from ABC Financial. I spoke with ABC again and told them I had pay 31.33 and have a cancellation form in my possession and they still directed me to Retro Fitness to deal with the matter. They said I still show an active account.

I called Retro Fitness twice today and spoke with a young lady that basically told me George ** was unavailable and now working at a different location and that she would give him the message. I think it is absolutely ridiculous that I am still dealing with this and I do not understand why it is so difficult to be removed from their system. I will never recommend this gym and am very regretful that I ever joined this one. Which I might add, it was incredibly easy to do so. Much different though when you try to get out. I'm pretty certain a cult might be easier to leave.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

When I inquired for Retro Fitness they were to notify me when opening which was a year later in August. They never did. In Sept of 2017 they took out 99.00, Oct 99.00, Nov 99.00. Well December they debit 159.00. I call them to ask why I was being charged and ask why this wasn’t canceled. I have never been there yet was charged for tanning bed I never used, a trainer I never had. I have yet to be in store in Gloucester Twp Retro Fitness. I was told it would be taken care of. It never was. I called bank and had money returned and stopped. Now ABC Financial is calling me 8 times a day. Oh and membership was only suppose to be 30.00 month. I asked for proof I was there. Other place scan your card or you sign. I did neither cause I never was there. They need to stop. Now I’m in credit bureau but I’m disputing it and asking for proof I made these charges. Still no reply it’s been 3 months.

Updated on 03/01/2018: This is disgusting. A manager and you don’t reply but continue to bill for what now it’s 197.00 being charged from Retro Fitness in Gloucester Township. Been told by ABC go to club to settle. Ummm the manager is no longer there just a cleanup guy trying to get it smoothed over. But now I get called everyday and placed in credit bureau which I’m disputing. My next step is a lawyer to follow up. I’ve never been in this gym or any Retro gym. I’ve never signed up for such stuff. I was told in June 2017 they would send a letter upon opening. I would have to reapply. I guess they lied and added all these charges up.

Beware of crooks and be careful. Do not pay in advance. Use cash. I am asking for sign in proof. Every fitness place should have you personally sign in with your signature and mark off what you used that day. Maintenance fees and the place is a mess, bunch of crooks. Do background checks on employees. Retro in Gloucester Township is a bad place. Note Moorestown Retro list the same manager.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

Joining the gym, very easy. Cancelling or getting someone on phone/someone from corporate to contact about customer service... Impossible! November 2017 I saw online via the new owners that the Retro in Bellmawr NJ was closing. I saved all the images and articles about the closure and the new gym and contacted customer service via their website. Emails were successfully sent however no one got back to me. December 1, 2017 I am charged my monthly fee and the maintenance fee. December 6, 2017 I receive email from Retro of Bellmawr stating they are closed. December 6, 2017 receive email from Retro Corp, saying that Bellmawr closed suddenly, they had NO idea and I was being routed to another location. HMMM... I have proof you knew in November it's not sudden!

Call ABC Financial, who was listed as the POC on the email from Retro Corp. Ann ** although polite had no idea what I was talking about. She asks me to send her all info I have and the emails, which I did and then sit tight for 48 hours until they can "figure it out". Receive email from ABC Financial to not contact them anymore on December 8th to contact my new location for cancellation procedures. Send two more emails via the website... Have delivery proof, yet no responses. Call new location, employee tells me I have to come in to cancel or send certified letter both on my dime, for a gym that closed on me, yet charged me monthly fee, maintenance fee, forced me to a new location farther away and now wants gas or postage on top of my time.

I go into location on Dec 12th to cancel. Brad says, "Ok, fill this out however you are going to be charged for January too." Say what??? No Brad I am not! Yes I am apparently. His sound advice was to call my bank or credit card company and have them stop/decline payment. That can't be good business! I ask for copy of cancellation. The printer is broken so I have to take a photo with my cell. Before I left I took the GM's card. I emailed her this morning. Have yet to hear back from her. I have proof they knew about this prior to December 6th, don't lie. I was being proactive by contacting them. I don't feel any member of a gym that closes down should be charged for services, nor should they have to jump through hoops to get a cancellation. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! NOT RESOLVED.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I was overcharged after cancellation of my personal trainer Retro Fitness gym in New Springfield SI NY. It's out of the manager hands and it's the district managers who have to handle it. They keep telling me there is no new updates. When asked for a contact number I was told they are unable to give out his number. I called and emailed corporate. No help from them.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2017

I was a member of Retro Fitness since Aug. 24, 2016. It didn't take long to realize I no longer wanted to use the services provided by these facilities. Their customer service and how misinformation and "take advantage" tactics gave me a bad taste. Prior to my 1 year mark, my wife and I, went to the franchise that we originally signed up with and they said, "Sorry, nothing we can do until Aug. 2017."

So this was a bummer; however, we asked what we needed to do in order to cancel and ensure we won't be members as of Aug. 2017. The associate (which is usually a young adult or teenager) said, "you are not enrolled in Auto-Renew" and since we came in and requested to cancel that would be all and as of Aug. 2017 we wouldn't be active members of Retro Fitness. I was billed in September, I was billed in October. I called the franchise they said, "You account is no longer active here, we decided to automatically send it to another franchise that you visited more recently. Sorry, we can't help you." This was alarming to me because it appeared that they auto-renewed my wife and I for another year with this organization. This is something we specifically asked when we signed up and when we attempted to cancel. I called the new franchise that my account was supposedly switched to and they couldn't help me either for cancellation.

My wife and I are active duty military and we are being bullied by this notion that (There is nothing we can do, you are obligated to remain members at this Gym) and we DO NOT want to be a part of this in any way. I am going to be reporting my subsequent charges as fraudulent and contacting my credit financial institution with this report because I don't feel like being threatened with placing my account in collection for something I did not approve of is even remotely acceptable. This has been a nightmare. I am busy but if this isn't resolved in writing in a timely manner and/or if I am charged in November from ABC Financial recurring payment, I will be taking the legal approach with the Federal Trade Commission. I don't know how this continues to go on and on and on with all of these reviews, claims and truthful stories of unfair treatment to a customer.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

I have medical reason, I try to cancel membership with Retro Fitness at Hudson Mall in Jersey City but they still charging me. I already dispute the money from my credit card so now they're treating me to destroy my credit.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

I called to cancel my membership for medical reason. They refused to cancel and told me they were going to continue racking up charges to ruin my credit. Also I started my account at 5 pm on the 9th of the month. At 1 am on every 9th they charge my card. If you haven't transferred funds yet because it's the middle of the night and technically you still have 16 hours until it's due they will double charge you for late fees. Their membership is 20 dollars and their late fee is 20 dollar even when you still have an entire day to pay it. What kind of scam is that.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

My wife joined Retro Fitness with good intentions. She signed a piece of paper that evidently committed her to a whole year of hell. She started out, was supposed to meet with a trainer, and was disappointed that the trainer cancelled. Then she tried going to the place to do some exercise, and was quickly disappointed in the treatment of customers. The trainer never met with her, she got no instruction in how to use the equipment, and generally had no satisfaction with the company. She has attempted to contact the management to cancel her membership. No help there, she had more problems. They kept repeating that it was her fault, that she had to pay the money through the whole contract. They charge more fees all the time, use a collection agency to harass their customers, and the whole business appears to be a total rip-off. Beware!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

Joining the gym was super easy. The personal training was a nightmare. Trainers canceling and rescheduling. I paid my obligation for personal training. Now I can't cancel the membership without paying an annual fee, going there in person, writing a letter sent certified mail, and am told if I do not pay the fee they will not cancel and I will continue to be billed! DO NOT JOIN WITHOUT READING FINE PRINT! Terrible customer service.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Retro Fitness in Flemington NJ. I'm glad I'm no longer a member here. While the gym itself is nice and I like the people I workout with, I have to say that during a difficult time with a personal information, they decided to charge us many late fees even though payments were made in cash. But even a few days after the payment date, they like to charge the $19.50 late fee. I wouldn't recommend this gym at all. They claim to want to help but when it comes to money - they have no problems sucking you dry.

Original review: July 21, 2017

When I initially signed up for my membership in November 2015, I was under the impression that there was no contracts like the email had stated. However, when I tried to cancel 45 days later because I had become pregnant, I was told that I could not cancel until I have waited a year because I was binded into a contract. However, the emails sent stated there were no contract, no enrollment fees, no annual fee, etc. However, because I was pregnant, I sent my doctors note and they had frozen my account from Feb 2016 to Sep 2016. I had only went to that gym once during my membership. I decided to go and close the account on July 15, 2017 and was told that I have to wait 21 days for them to cancel my membership and that I would be charged another month's fee on the 24th of July and an annual fee on the 1st of August.

This is so bogus. If I cancel my gym membership on the 15th of the month, my membership should be cancelled as of that day, not 21 days later resulting in more and more fees to pay. I am already paying another gym closest to my job monthly because I work 22 miles from my home and Retro Fitness is about 8.5+ miles from my home. The general manager didn't even care and other associates stated they have this conflict all the time. This is the worst thing a gym can do is impose more fees even after the date a client signs to cancel their membership. That is a ripoff. These should be deemed unfair business practices.

Original review: June 28, 2017

I read all of the terrible reviews about Retro Fitness and their billing but I opted to give them a shot. INSTANT REGRET. I even got a personal trainer. ANOTHER INSTANT REGRET. These bastards will do literally anything to get a dollar. I specifically stated that I did not want to be auto enrolled after my six month personal training and one year gym membership expired. Well, here I am still being charged and still being given the run around!!! I cannot believe I was dumb enough to trust these scoundrels. I have been calling regarding this issue for two months, if not more, and I have been told "Someone will be getting back to me"... No one has bothered to contact me but they sure did charge me this month!!! Unreal. If you choose to join this gym, do yourself a favor and DO NOT pay on your credit cards or debit cards. They WILL auto enroll you and they won't give you your money back or stop the charges.

Original review: May 18, 2017

A dear friend of mine who also happens to be an unemployed Veteran has moved out of NY and has tried to cancel his membership as per their website, by email as he lives in Florida now and is unable to Fly to NY JUST To cancel a GYM MEMBERSHIP. The RETRO FITNESS in WEST BABYLON Manager Audrey ** has refused to assist him with this situation and continues to insist it is her right to not agree to the email cancellation policy of the company, each Franchise can do what they please. SHAME ON THIS WOMAN for being difficult and uncooperative, just because she can. From the other reviews I have read I would say this particular business is a HUGE mark on the reputation of Retro Fitness in general and they should consider retraining her or revoking her franchise.

Original review: May 2, 2017

When I joined in January of this year, the coupon said no enrollment fees, no contracts. When I submitted my letter advising that I wished to cancel (giving them 60 days notice as specified in my agreement sent by CERTIFIED mail as required) I received a phone call today advising me that I was locked in a year contract. I insisted that there was no way I was informed of any contract, because there wouldn't be a chance in hell that I would have agreed to one. So basically they will continue to bill me $19.99 a month until the end of this year. Very shady bogus business. I will continue to fight but seems almost useless. I will NEVER recommend this facility. It's a rip off.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2017

So my complaint has to do with my gym membership. I was with fitness plus when Retro Fitness took it over about a year and a half ago. I had been with fitness plus since 2007. I canceled my membership on December 31, 2016. I had called the previous week before, around the 18th and spoke to the manager, Wilson. I asked him if I can close my membership and he said sure he just have to come in and sign a document. I asked him when I can come in do it, and he said I had to come in when he was there. I work 8 to 6 Monday through Friday, and he is there those hours during the day. The next time I was able to go was December 31 which is a Saturday. So I went in there on December 31 and asked to cancel my contract. This is what I was told that it was required to have 45 days to cancel my contract. He had said that I was gonna get charge for the month of January. He said the payment was gonna come out on January 6.

I canceled my debit card because I didn't want them taking money out of my account when I canceled the contract. I never signed any documents saying that to cancel my membership it would take 45 days. I also did not receive any of that information when I called him and asked to cancel my membership. If it was so important and vital why didn't he tell me that I needed to give him 45 days notice when I called him and asked him when I can come in.

So now I'm getting harassed by the billing company they have that takes care of the billing for the gym. I constantly get phone calls and emails regarding this. I call the billing company and explain to them what the issue was. They told me they weren't able to help me because they were just the billing company. I told them the situation and they said they would still bill me. I told the representative on the phone that I never signed any documents regarding the 45 day notice. She told me that I would need to contact the gym to prove that. I don't think it's my responsibility to have to prove that I didn't sign something when they are trying to get money from me. I'm being harassed.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

They will NOT change the Music. Constant - Gang Music or Music for Girls that scream during the entire day and night! Very annoying! I am not renewing... for all of you considering - headphones or do not bother.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2016

I tried canceling my membership because I had moved away and informed the club of this. I talked to a Taylor that worked there and had signed me up for my membership and she said she would get it taken care of. I kept receiving mail saying that I didn't pay my membership and I called them and they said that there was no note in the system to be canceled and Taylor does not work there anymore. They also informed me that it could not be canceled early. I was not informed of this when signing up and sped through the signup process. I called and tried talking to a manager and they were not there and I could not get the schedule of the manager to call back and talk to them.

Shortly after I get a call from a collections agency saying I owe them for the membership. I told them I tried canceling it and emailed and talked to them multiple times but they would not listen and now it is causing problems with my credit. I would stay away from them and not do business with them. They just want your money and they are on a commission base system for selling you a membership.

Resolution response: Dec. 21, 2016

My issue has since been resolved by the regional manager. He was very kind in reversing the fees and acknowledged that the plan may not have been fully explained to me. Thank you Retro!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2016

Beware of Retro Fitness. I signed up and was hastily sped through "click to agree" questions on an iPad, unknowingly agreeing to an optional 9.99/month group fitness fee. When I called Corporate I was told to contact the club. I went to the Retro Fitness Wilmington, Kirkwood Highway club on Friday 12/9 at 3:30 PM and was told by a young lady working the desk to call back tomorrow from 1-5 when the manager Mike was working, and that he would gladly remove it. I was told that this fee was happening to many members. I called today and was told by Mike that this was something explained to me, that I agreed to, and that he WOULD NOT remove the fee. I am totally disgusted by these sly business practices and the outright lie that their desk representatives are saying to their customers. And to think, I paid a cancellation fee to Planet Fitness for this place, not knowing they would try to screw me in the end!

Original review: Dec. 4, 2016

I paid my membership and I am not being allowed to enter the gym. They popped up with a yearly fee and then tried to tack on an extra 20 dollar late fee the same day it was due. I called the operator. Said he fixed the problem but he didn't know I am barred from the gym. I paid my membership for another week at least. I can't even call and fix it because the office is closed on the weekends. This is unacceptable. I paid and I am being refused entry. I have been a customer here for years and I pay 2 memberships. This is unacceptable I am about to close both accounts. This is no way to run a business.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2016

I walked into the Retro Fitness club to sign up for a regular routine exercise. The guy at the counter brought me into the small dark room to talk to the manager, Joseph **. Joseph convinced me to "try out" the personal training for $145 a month. I agreed to try and sign only one last page (I wasn't aware of that) in the total darkness while being exposed to some personal conversations about Joseph's motivations, problems, and personal details I didn't care about for a split second. He didn't give me the copy and said I'd receive it via email. When I recovered the email which went directly to Spam, it was too late to cancel as they only give you 3 days to change your mind about the membership. Only later I understood why Joe ** wouldn't stop talking - it was an old brilliantly dishonest sales trick to distract my attention away from the services and plan, and focus it on immediate payment.

He made me believe in some kind of fictional hype of this gym's benefits by using the non-stop talk, dark room, extremely small font in the document, and other con man sales tricks he had in his hat. He gave me the paper to sign which happened to be only one page out of a few that I had no idea about... All in all, my membership is set for auto-renewal without my control. $145 for personal training that I hated! Plus, $20 for a regular gym membership, just to walk through the door, plus taxes and penalties if you decide not to pay for services that were never rendered. To cancel it, I have to be significantly sick (literally) with the proof that I can't exercise. The only real chance to cancel this membership is if I'm dead (in their dream), otherwise, it's practically impossible.

The current situation is that I have to pay $2100 for a year because I canceled my credit card on them, or almost $200 a month plus penalties despite the fact that I hate this club, find the services most unprofessional and do not want to ever see their faces again. If I decide not to pay the artificially created balance, my credit history will be negatively affected forever. Now, I see so many complaints of the same nature here on ConsumerAffairs.com and on BBB. Can anybody explain to me what's the point? Does this service here have any function to help consumers who were tricked into something unexpected and/or scam? Is there any way to get help?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2016

To anyone and everyone wishing to join Retro Fitness and their partner ABC Financial think very hard about this decision. When you join they make it seem so easy that in the event you wish to cancel all you need to do is contact ABC Financial and you're done. You need to send a certified letter explaining why and even then it takes a number of monthly cycles before it actually cancels. Why does this have to occur... why won't e-mail work? Why... because they manage to squeeze out a couple more months before that occurs.

The truth be told, the problem is not with ABC Financial, the problem is Retro Fitness. In speaking with ABC Financial the power is with Retro Fitness and their manager, they have the ability to waive any late fees or cancellation fees but they will not do that. I had a problem with a credit card that I had to change due to fraud. By the time Retro contacted me the late fees continued and they refused to waive them. Use another gym, they are rude and arrogant as I received numerous phone calls and threats to send my account to collections. Done with them...

Original review: Nov. 10, 2016

I cancelled my gym membership due to moving away from the facility. I was told that if I brought in proof of cancellation by the first of the month I would not be charged on the 4th. I drove across town to make it in time and provided the proper documentation. The gentleman that took care of me assured me that if I received a charge for the 4th of the month, to contact the manager. I indeed received a charge.

I called the facility and told them the situation. The lady I spoke with read me the policy about the 30-day notice, etc and was rude. I told her that was not the information repeated to me by 2 other employees and that they should honor their word regardless of the policy. She then proceeded to tell me about the radius of my moving distance not qualifying under the cancellation of contract. I repeatedly asked to speak to manager and she continued to tell me more about the policy. So disrespectful. Policies are invalid if the customer is provided false information by multiple employees. This was the Baymeadows location. So disgusted.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2016

These people will give you hell to cancel the membership. You have to send a certified letter to cancel and after few months they will put you in collection. Me and my wife have canceled it together. They canceled hers and did not cancel mine without telling me anything and then they put me in collections for 100 bucks, unreal and then you can’t talk to anyone. They never pick up the phones.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2016

I went to Retro Fitness in Deerfield Park Avenue for a session cause I signed up to join the gym. The person that I have the session with was a personal trainer there. He was telling if I joined it could help listen to him talking. I say "ok let me try it for 6 months to see how it goes." He told me he was going to sent me in email so I could set up my session. Never get it. When I call to speak to the trainer that was supposed to be the manager of the gym they always say it going to call me back which he never did. He was supposed to give me a copy of the contract. He never give it to me... so I ask to cancel. My contact information was informed her was the only that could cancel the contract by one of the worker...

But today I drive to the gym to find out what's going on because they bill me a $180 for something I never use. Find out the manager I signed with was fired. The new one give me - I explained to her what was going on so she give me that number to call that number. The girl on the phone told me she can't help. It will have to pay $300 to cancel after they took $500 out of my account plus another $180. Please can someone help me on what to do now. That's the number they give me to call 916-209-4175.

Retro Fitness expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Retro Fitness is a health club franchise founded in 2002 in New Jersey. With over 150 locations, its gyms feature a retro theme with fitness equipment, group fitness classes and more.

• Equipment: Retro Fitness gyms offer cardio equipment, circuit training, weights and more. Most of its treadmills offer Direct TV and iPod docks, and its bicycles are connected to the Internet.

• Nutrition: Most Retro Fitness locations offer smoothie bars, supplements and healthy snacks. These food options can help you maintain your energy before and after a heavy workout.

• Cardio theater: Retro Fitness’ cardio theaters regularly screen 1980s feature films. You can work out on your favorite cardio equipment while watching.

• Low fees: Memberships at most Retro Fitness locations cost just $19.99/month. This gives you access to equipment, classes and many other amenities.

• Pro Shop: Most Retro Fitness locations feature a Pro Shop with all the gear you need for a successful workout. They sell supplements, Under Armour brand workout clothing, gloves, headphones and more.

• Best for: fitness novices and those who want a convenient workout experience.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs