3.9/5 (488 ratings)

About Gold's Gym

Gold's Gym Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2020

Do NOT join Gold's Gym. At the start of the Pandemic, I called and called and called and called to cancel my membership. NO ONE ANSWERED; yet, I continued to be billed month to month for my membership. Because I could not reach anyone at Gold's Gym, I called my bank to stop payment to Gold's Gym. The ONLY time Gold's Gym communicated with me was to tell me my account had been sent to Collections!!!! NEVER ONCE DID I RECEIVE COMMUNICATION THAT THE GYM WAS CLOSED OR HAD REOPENED. I have very good credit and this will negatively impact my credit score. GOLD'S GYM DOES NOT CARE ABOUT IT'S CUSTOMERS. DO NOT SUPPORT GOLD'S GYM.

Original review: July 7, 2020

I received no notification that the gym was reopening after the Covid-19 shutdown. I did not get an email, text, or letter. Even so, I was automatically re-enrolled and charged. I called the day I was charged inquiring and they said nothing could be done. I am uncomfortable attending the gym due to health concerns. I do not understand how a refund and freeze for this month could not be applied. These are unique circumstances and there was poor customer service or care for customers concerns. Also, I tried calling the corporate number and left a voicemail a week ago and still have not received a callback. I have been charged even though I am not entering the gym will not be refunded.

Original review: June 18, 2020

This franchise had two location in my city. When the COVID virus hit they bankrupt both of these locations and forced all of the existing members to attend a location that is the next city over. In my case this meant I would have to drive 45 mins to an hour away to reach this location. I attempted twice to communicate with their corporate office on the cancellation prior to their opening of location they transferred me to and received no response. I now find that they are still processing payments for this membership. So now I am forced to drive to this new location to process my cancellation. This franchise never even made the effort to inform me of transfer. I had to learn of the transfer through other members. Worst gym ever!

Original review: May 19, 2020

Me and my spouse had joined the Gold's Gym on 10th February, 2020 (Bailey's Crossroad Branch, Virginia), upon receiving a deal from the salesperson, "You will join the gym with only 1 dollar and you can cancel the gym after 30 days and your money will be refunded". We grabbed the deal and joined and we followed all the rules so that we can cancel if we don't like after 30 days: we had an appointment with an instructor, we went to the gym a minimum 8 days within 30 days after joining.

Unfortunately, we didn't like the gym for some personal reasons, we went there physically to the branch to apply for membership cancellation. The salesperson over there gave us 2 forms and we filled it up and submitted. She assured on the same day, 11th March, 2020, that, it will take 5/6 business days to process the cancellation. However, they still didn't process my membership cancellation, they don't reply my emails for 2 months now. So, I am still a member, and I am paying gym membership fee for nothing when the gym is closed.

Original review: May 18, 2020

QNTM Fitness and other gyms are allowing members to cancel by email. They're working with their members during this Coronavirus pandemic. I called Gold's Gym Hendersonville inquiring cancellation. I was advised, "I must do so at the facility to sign papers." This makes no sense cause they had an advertisement on Instagram posted people could signup online. Newbies can enroll online, but need to cancel at the location during a pandemic. On the news, I heard Gold's Gym filed for bankruptcy. I'm not familiar with the branches or ownership. This speaks volumes about how they deal with members. They kept drafting my account when they were ordered to close. They did eventually cease, but did it again upon reopening. This defines greed.

In my opinion, they should've reopened not drafting another payment since they already drafted payments when the gym was not in usage. People must make the best decisions for themselves in life...especially during unprecedented times! I want people to know about how Gold's view their members. Many people don't want to go back to gyms risking their safety. To me, it appears Gold's doesn't care about the welfare of their members. On Facebook, they have an app regarding a no contact check-in. However, members must go to the site to cancel?!

Original review: May 9, 2020

Gold's in Arnold Missouri recently closed for good. Since that time I have reached out by phone and email. Seldomly were my emails answered; so I kept sending. After about 6 emails, they would answer but never answer the questions I asked...it was like a robot was making the responses. My concern was that they continued to bill Medicare after they closed. A simple straight answer would have been appreciated. After 5 years with them I would have appreciated a professional response versus an antagonizing one. Accordingly I will reach out to the state attorney general's office and to Medicare. If you want a gym where no one will help you (say in the event of a billing issue), this is the gym for you.

Original review: April 20, 2020

It's really a nice and clean environment. Trainers are also nice people. If you have a gang of friends want to go to gym, they have a good membership plans. It can save you budget lot when pay for one person.

Original review: April 17, 2020

The Golds Gym in Redmond WA was clean, machines were kept clean and in working order (if one broke it was fixed by the next day), they hired wonderful trainers, locker rooms (shower, sinks and toilets) were kept clean and never smelled like a typical locker room. They provide towels, soap and other items in the shower area. The price was very but we joined before they had the pool opened. The saltwater pool and spas we clean, as was the surrounding flooring and shower. We actually thought of it more as a private club than a gym.

Original review: April 14, 2020

I would prefer if all of the gyms have saltwater pools. That is the best part about the gym. I do enjoy the amount of equipment, saunas, classes and various rooms the have. I also enjoy the women's only room.

Original review: April 13, 2020

I have been trying to contact someone from Gold's Gym regarding my membership. They are still charging my membership even though the gym has been closed for over a month now. I have reached out through Facebook messenger and Twitter and no one has responded. I tried calling their corporate office and their automatic message says all offices are closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I think it is totally unethical that they are still charging even though their facilities are closed.

Gold's Gym Company Information