3.44/5
Based on 9 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

9 Gold's Gym Ellipticals Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 10, 2017

The Gold’s Gym elliptical doesn't take up much room and I can still watch television while working out. It easy to glide with the foot pads and the arm bar are easy to operate. However, I wish it could fold down to store out of the way. Also, its scale counter operated by batteries and you have to unscrew the back to be able to change the batteries. At first it’s a little overwhelming to have to put together a machine with arm and foot pads. You have to take out all the pieces and the directions to set up the equipment. Some of the directions was not easy to understand too.

Original review: May 7, 2017

It has different options for speed, keeps track of how far you've gone and and how many calories you've burned. It is easy to use and the buttons are easy to program. It lets you set goals on what you want to do and when you want a fast workout and burn calories fast. However, it sometimes makes a clicking sound that is super annoying if you go too fast and it sometimes feels like it's cheaply made for as much as we spend on it. It's also a big machine so it takes up a lot of space.

Get expert buying tips about Ellipticals delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 6, 2017

I like that there are exercises preprogrammed and they also range from 30 to 60 minutes. I also like that you don't have to manually change the tension. Another great feature is that the tension also changes on its own during the exercise programs. It is also easily movable and easy to use. The color is nice and the machine is sleek and steady. All together I am very impressed with this brand of elliptical compared to other brands available. The price was also reasonable. The only thing you really have to do to set up and operate is put it where you want and plug it in. Turn it on and you can either turn the dial to the tension you want or pick an exercise program. However, I don't like that you have to either have it plugged in or batteries to change the tension. I also don't like the cord is not attached to the machine. It would also be nice if you could fold and store away.

Original review: May 5, 2017

My Gold's Gym Elliptical is not too expensive compared to other brands. It is easy to use, but fairly difficult to assemble, and the electronic components do not work all the time, or the batteries die too fast.

Original review: May 4, 2017

I like the resistance and height adjustment features. I also like where the cup holder is positioned, the color scheme, overall look and that there are wheels on the back bottom part so that I can move it around easily if I need to. However, something squeaks inside the part that rotates the pedals. The noise can be really loud and bothersome while I work out. I have even used WD 40 on where I think the noise comes from with no luck. The noise is still there. Also, setting it up is easy, but there is no turn off button to turn off the elliptical after my workout? It wastes the batteries. I wish it had come with a cord to plug into an outlet.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Gold's Gym Ellipticals?

Original review: April 28, 2017

Gold's gym is the brand of elliptical machine that I own. Good brand and I like it very much and would recommend it to my friends and family members. It is a comfortable way for me to do my workout. I get a very good workout on my elliptical machine. It is very simple to both set up and also to use. I totally enjoy using it all of the time or at least all of my free time. I only wish it would be more compact or even foldable, then it would not take up as much room in my house so that would be great.

Original review: April 27, 2017

Looks nice, take very much room, display useful with all of the important information you need and it is easy to see. I also like the option to use hand grips that have a heart rate monitor or to use the poles to exercise my upper body. The machine was easy to set up and it didn't take long to put it together. The machine is also easy to move because wheels on one end just pivot it and roll. It is a little big and awkward to maneuver it through a doorway, but I can manage on my own with a little bit of sweat and elbow grease! However, Gold's Gym elliptical machine is not sturdy and it makes a lot of noise using it. And the machine really hurts my knees. I don't understand because elliptical are supposed to be easy on the knees. I don't use it very often because it hurts.

Original review: April 26, 2017

I had my Gold's Gym Elliptical delivered and assembled. The process was very easy and I didn't have to do anything. I watched their guy assemble it and there wasn't much to it. He only had to attached the arms. I like that the machine can challenge me with interval training without me having to change any settings. The machine is already programmed with different workouts. However, I feel like it's too loud! I used to live in an apartment and the tenants below would call and complain when I would work out. It seems it isn't tightened all the way.

Original review: April 25, 2017

I like that you can change the intensity and the incline of the Gold's Elliptical. I also like that you can hook up your phone or iPod to listen to music or watch shows. This makes for a very fun workout. The machine is very easy to use. The onscreen guide will help you set up the workout you want to do. You can also use your phone to look up FAQs on how to use it. However, you should be able to import your own maps and workouts into the machine. You should also be able to share this with others on social media.

Gold's Gym Ellipticals Company Information