4.3/5 (138 ratings)

About Eargo

Eargo is a health tech company that’s destigmatizing hearing loss through innovation. Eargo brings a refreshing brand to an archaic industry overrun by inflated prices, needless negotiations, and complex purchasing barriers. For the first time, there’s a brand that provides consumers with a modern buying experience, great technology, and a clear understanding of hearing health. Learn more today about the enhanced auditory experience Eargo has offered millions of people across America.

Pros

• Licensed, professional support
  • May be covered by federal benefits
  • Nearly invisible
  • Rechargeable hearing aids

Cons

• Not for profound hearing loss

Bottom Line

Eargo sells four hearing aid models with an open-fit, breathable design. While not appropriate for those with profound hearing impairment, Eargo provides quality devices for mild to moderate high-frequency hearing loss.

Eargo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

My entire experience with Eargo has been extremely positive. From the first phone conversations to the wearing of my hearing aids, I don't think it could be any better. You have a world class product and first class personnel. Thank you Eargo.

Eargo response

Hello! Thank you so much for sharing this positive experience! We're so happy that you're happy!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I can adjust left & right hearing aids with Eargo App bluetooth connection, but not with tapping by my ear. I've tried more than several "tapping methods" for both ears, nothing works. I'm okay with this because hearing aids are otherwise working okay.

Eargo response

Hello! We're very if you're having issues with your Eargos cycling sound profiles properly. For assistance with this, please contact our Client Care team Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, using the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling 1-800-615-9000. Otherwise, we're happy that you're still ultimately satisfied with our product!

Original review: July 30, 2021

Slightly hard of hearing, especially at the higher decibel ranges. These aids were exactly what I needed and the customer support has been fantastic. Earlier skepticism (a product of the times) is all all gone! Wife happy too since now she does not have to keep repeating herself.

Eargo response

Hello Terry! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing, and we're so happy that you're happy!

Original review: July 26, 2021

Now that I'm using Eargo, my hearing is so much better. But sometimes, my charger doesn't work and I have to clean the terminals. Even though they look clean, they're not perfectly clean. The other night, I put it in to charge and only one of the hearing aids charged. I tried it again and got it all to work. Other than that, I'm very happy with the hearing aid. It was a good decision on my part to do that and I would recommend the Eargo.

Eargo response

Hello Rafael! Thank you so much for your positive review, and for recommending Eargo to others! We're sorry if you've experienced some issues with charging, but we are so happy to hear that the instance has since been resolved. If you need assistance with anything else moving forward, please feel free to contact our Client Care team! Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Once you get used to wearing Eargo, they're pretty good. Everything's clear. Not jumbled up. Their reps were great too. I'm very happy with them.

Eargo response

Hello William! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing, and we're so happy that you're happy!

Original review: July 18, 2021

If you want to spend a year fiddling with settings, cleanings, reinstallations, a laughably useless app, but very nice customer service people, then by all means buy these. You'll get all of the above and then the actual product will mysteriously stop working right after the one year warranty expires. Everyone will be very sorry and offer to help you reinstall, re-clean, re-setup, re-test, etc. but the poorly designed product will still be dead. No refund, no replacement unless you're willing to pay another few hundred (per ear) for another short lived unit.

Eargo response

Hello Filip! Thank you for your positive review on our Client Care team, although I am very sorry that you do not enjoy our product. Since Eargo hearing aids do sit inside the ear canal, they truly do require daily and occasionally vigorous cleaning. As for our app and how the product itself works, we have since released a new and improved Eargo system, the Eargo 5 (a new app comes with this device as well)! If you'd like to give us another try, we provide a 45-day trial period with a 100% money back guarantee. Please call us at 800-481-1302 if interested.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I can hear better with my Eargo hearing aids. When I watch a movie, I could pay more attention, listen to the movie and not worry about anything and missing parts. Everything's going good.

Eargo response

Thank you so much for sharing about your positive experience with Eargo! We truly appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family, and just let us know if you need anything!

Original review: July 9, 2021

The reps were very upfront and helpful. When I try to answer a phone, the hearing aid gives a bit of a squeal in my ear. But other than that, it seems to be doing fine. It adjusts pretty well and is easy to clean. I actually forget it's in my ear. The set that I got for the sample to see which one would fit in my ear most comfortably, I gave it to my cousin. Because he's got to have some hearing aids as well, and I highly recommended the set that I got.

Eargo response

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. We're very happy that you're happy with our product and representatives. Keep spreading the good word about Eargo, and thank you so much again!

Original review: July 8, 2021

Eargo's hearing aids are okay except I don't have good luck getting them in where it goes into the clearance of the channel. But I hear better all the time if I use them. I talked to the rep one time and told her that I was having trouble and that the hearing aids were too big. She said they had smaller hearing aids and that she would send them to me. She did so immediately.

Eargo response

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We're sorry to hear about the issues you've had with your devices, but glad to hear that assistance from our representatives for you was immediate. If you should need additional help with anything, please contact our Client Care team! Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST through using the live chat feature on our website, emailing support@eargo.com, or by calling 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: July 7, 2021

My experience with Eargo has not been very good. I have it on number one and they pick up so much background. Like if a fan is running and I'm trying to watch TV, it even picks that up. Also, to turn them up or turn them down, you gotta smack yourself in the ear. People look at me when I'm tapping myself in the ear and they think I'm crazy. But the quality of the device has been very good. I'm fine with it too. Eventually, they said if I leave it in all the time, I'll get used to it.

Eargo response

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. If you need assistance in having adjustments made to your Eargo aids or anything else, please just let us know as we want your journey with Eargo to be as positive as possible! Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST through using the live chat feature on our website, emailing support@eargo.com, or by calling 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I like Eargo so far, but I'm still getting used to them. They're also expensive. $2,500 isn't cheap by anybody's standard. But they're cheaper than my first hearing aids and I like the way they work. I also have talked with their rep a couple of times through emails. I like them so far.

Eargo response

Hello! Thank you so much for sharing about your Eargo experience. We're truly happy that you're happy with your Eargo aids and that you have found our representatives helpful so far. If you need assistance with anything while still getting used to them, we're always happy to help! Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST through using the live chat feature on our website, emailing support@eargo.com, or by calling 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: July 5, 2021

The reps of Eargo were very good and helpful. When you put it in, it will say something like, “Program one, program two,” and you tap your ear, it changes. However, I put them in on the weekend and the right one wouldn't connect. It's also hard to get used to. But the experience with it was fine.

Eargo response

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. If you're still having any trouble with your Eargo devices, please reach out to our Client Care team for some assistance! Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST through using the live chat feature on our website, emailing support@eargo.com, or by calling 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: July 4, 2021

After using another brand of ITC aids for five years, I am amazed at what I don't hear as well as what I can now hear. I don't hear overamplified background noises like the roar of tires on the highway when driving or air blowing out of a nearby a/c vent, I do enjoy being able to understand normal conversations in many situations I couldn't previously. Finally I really, really, enjoy the feeling of open and natural hearing-not like I have bucket over my head!

Eargo response

Hello! Thank you so much for the amazing post about your experience with Eargo! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing, and we're so happy to hear that you're happy. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo!

Original review: June 29, 2021

I have Eargo hearing aids that are in the ear. They're like invisible. They've helped a lot. Before having them, I'd have to have the TV real loud and the wife would say, “Can we turn it down?” Now, I don't need to. The customer service team had to resubmit a claim because the insurance wasn’t gonna pay for it. They needed more paperwork. I haven't heard back from the insurance company, but I got an extension on my trial period. And if for any reason the insurance doesn't pay for it, I can return them. I’m happy with Eargo.

Eargo response

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. We're so happy that you're happy with the product, and thank you for giving us the chance to sort things out with insurance while you continue to enjoy your devices. Lastly, keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: June 27, 2021

Eargo can work on YouTube videos of walking everybody right through on how to pick up the hearing aids, how to put them back in the thing, and how to look for the lights that light up and stuff. Also, when you drive down the road and you open or close the window in the car, it's the same as cupping your hand over your ear to change the setting. If I have the hearing aid off and it's in and then I crack the car window, the hearing aid is gonna turn on. But other than those, the functionality is great. There are days I don't wear it and once I put it on, I realize I'm missing a lot.

Eargo response

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with Eargo! We're happy to hear that you're ultimately happy with our product, and that they do improve your hearing. We truly appreciate the opportunity to help!

Original review: June 26, 2021

The hearing aid is comfortable. You hardly ever see it. It worked very well for me. It's easy to control with just slapping it and changing the volume. Also, the reps have all been very cooperative and polite.

Eargo response

Hello Donald! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. We're so happy that you're happy with your Eargo aids and with our support so far.

Original review: June 18, 2021

It takes a little while to get used to Eargo hearing aids and what range you want them in. But sometimes, I've got in the shower twice and forgot they were in. They're so comfortable I don't even know I have them on. A lady rep called me and was really nice. She was asking me what I need to know about the hearing aids, but in today's technology with the iPhone, I can do everything myself. And I'm an old man, I still got the technology down.

Eargo response

Hello Mike! We're so happy to hear that your Eargo aids are comfortable, and hope that you are used to them now! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing.

Original review: June 5, 2021

My Eargo hearing aids make it easier mostly in meetings when I'm further back or sometimes if I'm in the front and briefing then there are folks a little bit further back. In the past, depending on the pitch of the person, it could be a big issue and my hearing aids helped with that a lot. So, I don't use them so much in my day-to-day activities, like listening to TV, because I don't want to leave them in my ear too long. But they've been really beneficial for on a six to eight hours a day when I'm doing actual work and I'm having communication. As people are a little bit of distance away from me, my hearing aids have given me a significant amount of relief from having to ask somebody to repeat or speak up. The batteries also seem to last a really long time and the hearing aids are functioning well for me, so I'm happy.

They're pretty comfortable, too. I have sensitive ears, so if I wore even what everyone else would rate the most comfortable earbud in the world, in three or four hours in, my ears start getting tender. My Eargo hearing aids are more comfortable than my expensive earbuds for listening to music or being on a plane since I travel a lot. Even the most expensive earbuds hurt my ears 10 times more than these do. After eight hours, my ears do get tender. But these hearings aids are so much better than my earbuds because they're really small and they've not given me any odd sounds or any issue.

Eargo response

Hello Kirk! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. We're so glad that your Eargos help as needed while working, and that the battery life of the Eargos are satisfactory. Lastly, please spread the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: June 4, 2021

The customer service of Eargo was good. The quality of the hearing aids is good too. They work well.

Eargo response

Hello Tom! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. We're also so happy to hear that you're happy with our customer service, and our Client Care team is truly always happy to help. Lastly, keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: June 3, 2021

I am pleasantly surprised at how easy Eargo is to use. For the first time I am wearing hearing aids all day as they are so comfortable and the sound is so natural I almost forget they are on. I find the best place for the soft program is #3, so I can quickly switch from #2 when the phone rings. I use #1 for restaurants and #4 if I need more volume, which I haven't so far.

Eargo response

Hello Jeffrey! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family, and just let us know if you ever need assistance with anything from here!

Original review: June 3, 2021

Eargo's customer service was excellent. The quality of my hearing aids is excellent too.

Eargo response

Hello Michael! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. We're so happy that you're happy with our customer service as well as the quality of your hearing aids. Lastly, please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: May 3, 2021

First of all I liked the Eargo technology and really wanted the aids to work. I contacted Eargo multiple times during the trial period and made the adjustments they recommended. Some of the suggestion work, but not consistently. My desire to make the aids work put me past the the 45 day trial period. Now I am stuck with aids that do not work for my hearing problem even though I maintain the aids as recommended by Eargo. One day I get some improvement in hearing and the next day nothing. My common test is to remove one aid at a time to see if I notice a hearing difference. My left ear makes no difference with or without the aid. My right ear makes a slight difference sometimes, but again, not consistently. Based upon my personal experience I would not recommend these hearing aids to anyone with more than mild hearing loss. Disappointed in the outcome. Going back to my old, retired hearing aid.

Eargo response

Hello Eli! I'm sorry if your experience with Eargo has been disappointing. I do however see that since leaving this review, you've had conversations with a member of our Client Care team as well as your Personal Hearing Professional. If you still need assistance with anything, please let me know here or reach out to our Client Care team at (800)615-9000. Our Client Care team can be reached Monday through Friday between 8AM and 8PM CST.

Original review: May 1, 2021

I like that Eargo aids are small and not visible. With the hearing aids, I can hear and I don't have to have the TV up. I've had a couple of problems but they're all right. Customer service was good. They're friendly and patient. They don't let you go until you understand what is going on.

Eargo response

Hi Sheila. Thank you for the kind words. I'm happy we've been there to support you during your Eargo journey. Thank you for allowing us to help improve your hearing!

Original review: April 27, 2021

I had different hearing aids before I contacted Eargo. I didn't like the sound quality of them and I liked the sound quality of Eargo. They're great. I'd tell others to get them.

Original review: April 23, 2021

Eargo hearing aids are better and they’re life-changing. Its performance is up to my expectations. It has set programs and when the wind hits my ear, it switches the program. It shocked me. I was riding one nice day and I had my windows down and it just kept switching programs. Also, when I answer my phone and if I put the phone on my ear, I get feedback. I just have to get used to riding with the windows down and talking on the cell phone. I’ve already referred one of my friends, a retired co-worker, to Eargo. I let him use mine for three hours and he didn’t want to give them back.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Quality of sound is better than old aids. Almost invisible, recharge is a good feature. Kind of difficult to remove. I can wear my mask easily over them. I can hear everything better in Church but the music is too loud. Conversation in restaurants is better for people close and across the table. Helps me hear better in job interviews.

Original review: April 19, 2021

I'm vain and I liked the idea that Eargo's hearing aids were small. They fit in my ear and you can't really tell you're wearing hearing aids. Since I got them, my hearing has gotten a lot better, even my husband says so. But I had an issue a few weeks ago. I nap in the afternoon and because they're so tiny, I was afraid that I would lose one when I would fall asleep. But when I told Eargo's reps about it, they came right back with my answer for me and everybody's been really great.

Eargo response

Hi Linda! Thank you for the honest testimonial and for trusting us to help improve your hearing!

Original review: April 18, 2021

The hearing aids whistle terribly when I have them in. I've talked to the consultant and she said that would go away, but it has not. I'm not happy. They're a pain in the ear. Eargo could make the earpiece so that you hear things outside of your head. When I'm chewing a cracker, it sounds like the sound is coming from within my mouth. And then, if I touch my ear, it whistles. They're not good at all. They didn't cost me anything, but the insurance company that paid for them got ripped off.

Original review: April 17, 2021

My wife was looking in our insurance and found out that I could get the Eargos. I didn't care for the hearing aids that my ear, nose and throat specialist had given me. So, we asked for the Eargos, got them and they worked good. The Eargos came in the mail, I've plugged them in, charged them up, stuck them in my ear and I've been wearing them ever since. They fit inside your ear and you can't see them. I got a call and they told my wife that they could adjust them. There are lots of treble and they need some bass in them, like in an equalizer. Like if you're going to adjust your stereo, you'd work between the treble and the bass to get them sounding right.

Eargo response

Thank you for the wonderful and candid story about your Eargo experience! We appreciate you trusting us with improving your hearing!

Original review: April 16, 2021

My hearing wasn't that bad but I was trying to get the ringing to go away. My Eargo helps in hearing other stuff clear, but it doesn't really do anything for my ringing. In my one ear, I get a lot of buildup in it. So, I got to clean them a couple times a day to make sure they stay working good. The process is not bad. You got to be home to have something to clean it with. Eargo's team answered everything when I had questions. I didn't have no problems with them.

Eargo response

Hi Michael. Thank you for the honest and candid feedback about your Eargo experience. As with any hearing aid, you have to keep up with cleaning in order to keep your Eargos in top running and sounding condition. Thanks for choosing Eargo!

Eargo Company Information