4.4/5 (149 ratings)

About Eargo

Eargo is a health tech company that’s destigmatizing hearing loss through innovation. Eargo brings a refreshing brand to an archaic industry overrun by inflated prices, needless negotiations, and complex purchasing barriers. For the first time, there’s a brand that provides consumers with a modern buying experience, great technology, and a clear understanding of hearing health. Learn more today about the enhanced auditory experience Eargo has offered millions of people across America.

Pros

• Licensed, professional support
  • May be covered by federal benefits
  • Nearly invisible
  • Rechargeable hearing aids

Cons

• Not for profound hearing loss

Bottom Line

Eargo sells four hearing aid models with an open-fit, breathable design. While not appropriate for those with profound hearing impairment, Eargo provides quality devices for mild to moderate high-frequency hearing loss.

Eargo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?

Original review: April 13, 2022

I wanted to make my hearing aids work. However, when I spoke with the audiologist about the difficulties that I was having, she stated that they probably were not going to work for me because I have very narrow ear canals and they did not have one of the blossoms or bugs that would fit and keep the device in my ear. They kept popping out so I had to return them. Customer service was very helpful. If the hearing aids fit, I would've kept them. I wish the Eargo hearing aids can be designed so that they would accommodate someone with a narrow ear canal.

Eargo response

Hello Barbara! Thank you for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We're sorry to hear that Eargo hearing aids did not work out for you, but we wish you luck on your hearing journey. Also, please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: April 7, 2022

My husband has severe hearing loss. The young lady that helped us, in the beginning, told us that he was on the borderline. But we decided to try them and it didn't work out. We returned them and everything went very smoothly. They were nice. They did exactly what they said and refunded us. We were very satisfied with them. We would recommend them to someone that doesn't have the severe hearing loss that he has.

Eargo response

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We are sorry that Eargo hearing aids did not work out for your husband, but we are happy to hear that you would recommend our product to others. We wish your husband luck on his hearing journey!

Original review: April 6, 2022

The tv commercial caught my eye and my attention when I saw the actual Eargo 6 for the first time. I had a pair of hearing aids with the clumsy “behind-the-ear” plastic unit, the uncomfortable clear wire that goes over the ear and connects to the clear rubber piece that “fits” in the ear canal. It was considered the latest technology and I was attracted by the “rechargeable” feature and not having to deal with batteries.

I was quickly disappointed with the overall lack of performance, the number of pieces to deal with, the visibility factor, the problem of the hearing aids being pulled off of my ears and falling when I removed a face mask, and, above all, the poor quality of hearing or ability to adjust for background noise, etc. And, no phone app so no ability to adjust programs, volume, or noise filter, as is easily done with the Eargo 6. I couldn’t be more pleased with the performance, adjustment ability, recharge ability, invisibility, and overall comfort of the Eargo 6 and the support provided is phenomenal. I can’t recommend a hearing aid more highly. ~Chet **.

Eargo response

Hello Chet! Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience. We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing, and we are so happy that you're so happy with our product. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: April 6, 2022

I'm satisfied with the hearing aids from Eargo. They are doing a good job. I like the fact that they're in the ear, not behind the ear. I work quite well with them. The reps also called me for a follow-up twice and their customer service has been very nice.

Eargo response

Hello Deborah! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience. We are so happy to hear that you're happy with our product and the support that we provide. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: April 5, 2022

I like that my Eargo is inside the ear. It's more convenient for that. But I had a rocky start for two weeks because I had something wrong with my charger and I had to send the charger back. They sent it back to IT to find out what was going on, but I haven't heard back about what it might be that was going on. But they replaced it.

It's different than my hearing. It's more in the soprano, tenor range, whereas my normal hearing is in the mid-range. So, it's a little bit of getting used to. It is louder because, with hearing loss, you've lost some of the depth of hearing. Because of the loudness, if there are a lot of people at the same time talking, it's hard to pull together a single conversation. The Bluetooth is also not always reliable. Sometimes it doesn't connect, and then I have to fiddle-faddle around with making a connection.

Before the hearing aid, my wife and I's conversation was stumbling because of the moderate loss of hearing I had. With the hearing aid, now, I speak at a lower voice level and now my wife can't hear me because I speak too low. It's the funniest thing. You can't seem to satisfy both directions. But it impacted as far as hearing.

Eargo response

Hello Don! Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your Eargo experience. We sincerely appreciate your business, and we are so happy to hear that Eargo hearing aids have overall improved your hearing. If additional assistance is needed with your charger, sound profile adjustments, or anything else, our Client Care team is always happy to assist! Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: April 3, 2022

Great technology was my initial reason for trying out Eargo 6. I was surprised at its capabilities and it didn't disappoint! I have a somewhat unique unilateral hearing loss and then my band days took a lot of my high-end in both ears. The music setting was amazing for which I had an emotional response not realizing how much I was actually missing until now. I use the open pedals to let natural bass in and avoid occlusion (hearing yourself speak).

The restaurant setting takes some getting used to but these Eargo 6's have helped me a lot from simply nodding my head to engaging a lot more in the conversations. I also wanted something no one could see and ask questions about and no one notices I'm wearing these. They are super comfortable so I can wear them a lot. It's worth doing your research. It's not possible to have BlueTooth in such a tiny housing and last all day. The charger is great and they last all day without issue, I'm very happy I bought these.

Eargo response

Hello David! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to improve your hearing. We are so happy that you're happy with our product, and that it's truly helped you. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: April 2, 2022

I had a hearing aid that went bad, and Eargo promptly replaced it. I sent the one that was bad back. The hearing aids feel good. I can’t even tell they’re in. I can hear things I've never heard before. The environment I work in is really loud and I get headaches but out of the plants, they’re wonderful. I'm 100% satisfied. Once I get these paid off, I’ll probably go with the 6 through Eargo.

Eargo response

Hello Robert! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: March 30, 2022

I'm doing fine with Eargo. I get some tunnel sound to it. But it's not bad. Eargo called me a couple times to see how I was doing. I said I just need to do some better adjustment on it. But it is helpful for me so I'm satisfied with it. It helps with my ringing.

Eargo response

Hello Jayne! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. If you'd like to further discuss the tunnel sound you're experiencing from your devices, it could be very beneficial for you to speak with one of our hearing professionals! You can contact this team and our Client Care representatives Monday-Friday emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: March 29, 2022

My path towards solutions to hearing loss began with the Eargo Neo HiFi, the graduated to the Eargo 5, and now has culminated in the new Eargo 6. The Neo HiFi totally impressed me, and then the Eargo 5 completely blew me away. Hard to imagine anything better than the Eargo 5, but the Eargo 6 changed the game again.

We, who suffer from various degrees of hearing loss would love to have the natural hearing capability of our youth back again. Hearing is dynamic, but many times hearing assist devices are not. Eargo 6 has now put me one step closer to that youthful, dynamic hearing experience with its sound adjust feature. Yes, you can still store four hearing profiles in its four program areas and change them manually, but with the hearing assist feature turned on the Eargo 6 device determines what kind of environment you are in and automatically adjusts itself to drown out unwanted background noise and accentuate the part that I consider most important - the ability to hear and discern human speech in a variety of environments.

I was recently at a quasi-busy restaurant, seated at a booth against a wall. My left ear was facing the establishment's seating tables and my right ear was facing the wall. Within a few moments I could tell that the background noise suppression in my left ear was greater than in my right ear. I could hear and understand the person across from me very clearly. There was no need for me to tap my ears and change from the NORMAL program to the RESTAURANT program as I would typically have to do with previous versions of the Eargo devices. At the conclusion of the meal and after stepping outside, I could tell the dynamics were changing again since the background noise outside was much more quiet than inside the restaurant.

This, to me, represents an amazing evolution in hearing assist technology. Hearing is much more natural now and the less I have to manually change settings in my devices the more I forget I even have them in. I also love the fact the no one knows I am wearing hearing aids as they are completely immersed in my ear canal. Eargo 6 is an amazing technology and one I'm grateful for. We often hear that quality of life is so very important. Proper hearing is an important component and Eargo 6 has clearly improved the quality of my hearing life which, in turn, enhances the overall quality of my life. Thank you Eargo. Can't wait to see where you take us next.

Eargo response

Hello John! Wow! Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review of your Eargo experience. We are so happy that you're so happy with our product, and that it truly improves your hearing and quality of life. We truly appreciate your business. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo!

Original review: March 24, 2022

I returned my Eargo hearing aids. I have a job where I work outside around loud bangs. They just didn't work for me. I picked up a lot of noise which conflicts with what I was trying to hear. But customer service was really good and the quality was okay.

Eargo response

Hello Tara! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. We're happy to hear that you are satisfied with the support that we provide, but are sorry if the devices themselves did not work out for you. We wish you luck on your hearing journey!

Original review: March 23, 2022

I was looking forward to these units as they seemed to be what I need and at least one review on Engadget gave them great marks. However, mine stopped working within the first 24 hours of use and the right earpiece failed to charge. Customer service is horrible as you can only call and then you are told someone will get back to you within 2 days for a return voucher.

Eargo response

Hello David! Thank you for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience. I'm very sorry to hear that you had issues with your devices and decided to return for a refund. We will have the return process be expedited for you from here, and please know for future reference that there are multiple ways to contact our Client Care team. Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: March 22, 2022

Best hearing aids I have owned. Being able to fine tune each hearing aid with app is a huge plus. Very easy to maintain. Very small, easy to insert in my ears, aware that they are in my ears but very comfortable to wear. Would highly recommend them. Please be aware that Eargo is slow in shipping 5 to 7 business days.

Eargo response

Hello Philip! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. Lastly, keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: March 19, 2022

I have the Eargo 6 which has the water resistance feature. It also changes by itself from setting to setting. With the Bluetooth, I can set it on the fly with my phone and change things on it. I really like them. They're very good. I can hear things I couldn't hear before. It made conversations much clearer, where I'm not having to ask people to repeat or dependent on my wife to tell me what they said.

Eargo response

Hello Michael! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. Lastly, keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: March 18, 2022

I love the Eargo hearing aids. But it doesn't play Bluetooth from my phone to the hearing aid. That was one thing I liked about my old system. It was just like having earphones on. But that's not a huge deal. My frustration with the old style as a physician is that when I had to see patients in the office, I had to take the hearing aids out so that I could use my stethoscope. With the Eargos, I can put my hearing aids right on top of them and it works just fine. It's wonderful.

I had to have one of them replaced because the thread broke and when they send a solitary replacement, I didn't realize that you had to re-set it up on the app. When I put them in in the morning, I got disparate programs from the old one and the new one. I phoned somebody and they had me re-set it up. It's working fine now. Customer service is responsive and helpful. I've been quite pleased with Eargo.

Eargo response

Hello Judson! Thank you for sharing about your Eargo experience! We're sorry if you've experienced issues with your devices, but we are very happy to hear that our support team has been so helpful and responsive. If any other problems come up, please know that our Client Care representatives are always happy to help!

Original review: March 17, 2022

As far as in the ear, the hearing aids are fine. But I have reliability problems. I'm having a lot of trouble with the them not charging and not talking to the app. I'm returning them. I talked to my rep yesterday.

Eargo response

Hello Jay! We're sorry if you have not enjoyed your Eargo experience so far. It appears on your account that you have chosen to keep your Eargo hearing aids, so we do hope that things have become more satisfactory for you. If you ever need assistance with your aids, our Client Care team or hearing professionals are always happy to help! Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: March 16, 2022

So far, I'm happy with the hearing aids. My fingers are kind of stiff, and they’re a little bit hard to put in. But otherwise, I get along good with them. I like it. I like that I can change the settings on them and adjust the volume on them.

Eargo response

Hello Marvin! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. If you need any assistance with fitting your devices in your ears or anything else, our support teams would be happy to assist you! Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000. Lastly, keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: March 15, 2022

My Eargo hearing aid is good. The only complaint I had is it's a little uncomfortable. But I haven't changed the tip. So, maybe that would help. Also, maybe there should be a little more control on the peripheral noise. But for my purposes, it's fine. I like the size of it too. It's small and you can't see it.

Eargo response

Hello Dianna! We're sorry if you have experienced any discomfort in wearing your Eargo hearing aids, but we would love to assist you today. One of our hearing professionals will be contacting you shortly to assist you with this and any other concerns that you may have at this time. We're happy that you are overall satisfied with your Eargo experience so far! Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: March 11, 2022

First, the overall experience from purchase through use is a user-friendly & thorough process. The web site is intuitive & easy to navigate. The staff is well-trained & professional. Having started a couple of years ago with the Neo (which did the job well for my hearing loss), the 6 is a quantum product leap forward. It enhances my life. Thank you, Eargo, for exceeding my expectations. Having had experience with both the Neo & the 6, I honestly can't think of an improvement to your process. Once a customer makes the decision & commitment to using a hearing aid, it's a matter of adding the device & it's ongoing "maintenance" to the daily morning & night routine. That's a motivational issue that is up to the customer to implement.

Eargo response

Hello Marie! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this wonderful review about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: March 10, 2022

After a false start shortly after picking them up that required a full power cycling (drain to empty, fully recharge) of the charger/devices, I'm now getting to use them daily. I was delayed in getting them for a week by the US/Canada border closures. It's a bit more challenging living outside the US and buying EarGos, as they're not really supported outside the US, but I have managed to overcome a few of those obstacles, and I can say that I'm pleased with my E5s now, after I got them up and running, and was finally able to pair them with my phone.

So, after only 3 months of use, I'm using a combination of Normal, Phone, TV, and Meeting, which are my favorite combinations of programs and settings. They work best for me, after pairing them with my Asus ROG 3 phone, and running a couple of Sound Match setups from the EarGo app. I'm impressed with the sound quality and somewhat greater flexibility they give me over my previous EarGo Max devices. I use the E5s most often to watch television using the EarGo app "TV" setting, so I don't have to wake the neighborhood like I used before, with much higher TV volume settings.

I also find them helpful when using speakerphone on the "Phone" setting, and just at their default "Normal", or the "Meeting" settings for everyday sounds. The Maxes were a good starter kit for me, and did a good job for me over the prior 2 years. The E5s are quite a bit more techie, but it's good techie, and the sound quality is really amazing. So, I would say so far, so good.

Eargo response

Hello Michael! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. It's wonderful that you've stuck with us throughout the technical difficulties you've encountered and have ended up trying two different Eargo systems. Keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: March 9, 2022

The reps have all been helpful. I liked the in-ear characteristic of the Eargo hearing aids. I'm very satisfied with them and they help a lot in many circumstances. I hear conversations that I was having trouble hearing before. So it's a richer life and I'm in more conversations than before.

Eargo response

Hello Richard! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: March 7, 2022

Big improvement over my old behind-the-ear devices. Comfortable, effective, and easy to personalize, control, and maintain. Inductive battery charger is simple and convenient. Great online customer services, hearing tests, and support. I now wear the nearly invisible devices all the time for improved quality of life.

Eargo response

Hello Fred! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: March 5, 2022

I really liked that the hearing aids were in the ear and not around the ear. I'm really happy with it. It's really good. I thought at one time I had one that was defective, but apparently, there was earwax in the very middle of the tip. So I had to take it apart. They have a special tool to get it out. I hadn't read all the directions, so I didn't realize that it was something that could happen that quickly. But that did seem to fix it. So that was good. The reps were very helpful. The hearing lady was very awesome. The hearing aids made my life easier all the way around. I really didn't realize how much I was missing until I started using them.

Eargo response

Hello Jerene! Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this wonderful review about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: March 4, 2022

I ended up with the Eargo 6 as it had the most features that I liked. I'm an early user so we're still adapting to it. I like the Bluetooth connection. I can adjust it while I'm wearing it in different environments and that makes a difference. Having a conversation is different from watching TV. It's also different when in a large room. You can adjust both the volume, the EQ, the treble, and the bass. It helps a good bit. There's also the ease of use and they are rechargeable. All those are major pluses.

My hearing aids are quite expensive. Mine was covered by insurance so it really isn't costing me out of pocket that much. But once you get the cost, it's quite good. Impact-wise, my wife says I've said “Huh?” once in the last few weeks. That’s pretty positive. As time has gone on, conversations are much easier and watching TV’s easier. There are some difficult periods but I'll adapt to those.

Eargo response

Hello Kerry! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. We're so happy to hear that you are ultimately satisfied with the product and support that we provide. If you need assistance with anything from here though, please contact our Client Care team. This team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: March 1, 2022

We've had a lot of contact with the customer service team. It's a little more than I expected when I talk about customer service due to the fact that everything is either online or through the phone. You don't have an actual doctor's office you get to go to. The only issue that I've had with them is getting the hearing aids properly adjusted. It's taken a little longer than I thought, but we're making pretty good progress. I did have one of my Eargos have a technical issue and I just received the replacement in the mail today.

The hearing aids amplify everything. They make it easier to hear. However, I'm not sure that they're quite dialed in the way they should be. I work in an industrial setting and I have to take them out because I can't tone them down enough and I don't want to damage my hearing any further by having amplified devices in my ear in a loud setting. I've been told by some of my coworkers who do have hearing aids that I shouldn't have to do that. But my hearing aids do some things that theirs don't do, such as I can adjust mine to different settings through my phone. So I'm still a believer in Eargo. It's just that we are quite not there on getting them tuned in right yet.

Every experience that I've had with Eargo's customer service for the most part has been really good. They've adjusted and updated my hearing aids. They did seven different software updates. Also, they listen to me. They understand what my complaints or issues were in the beginning. They know their stuff. It's just that you have to communicate with them so they can fix it appropriately.

Eargo response

Hello Dean! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. We're sorry if you had trouble adjusting to your devices, but happy to hear that you're making progress and getting proper assistance from our team. Lastly, keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: Feb. 25, 2022

I have been really impressed with the Eargo 6. I love the fact that they are almost invisible, very comfortable and I can hear so much better. The batteries last all day before needing recharged. I also like the different programs and the water resistance. I really have no complaints to report at this time. I previously had behind the ear hearing aids and the Eargo 6 works so much better. Wearing the my old behind the ear type hearing aids, I always felt self conscious and a little embarrassed to wear them because I felt like I was just broadcasting that I can’t hear. They were uncomfortable when wearing a mask or sunglasses and the mask always snagged on them and pulled them out.

Eargo response

Hello James! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. We're so happy to hear that you're happy with our product. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I have worn other hearing aids for approximately 8 years. There was little adjustment available, and they were not very comfortable. I have been wearing my Eargo aids for over a month and must say that I am very impressed. They are so comfortable that several times at bedtime I have forgotten that I was wearing them. Michelle, my Audiologist assistant with Eargo, has been very helpful with customizing the different programs, so that I have a wider range in volume settings. Example: I usually have them set at the normal program. But if I switch to TV mode, I have a higher volume range than normal, and if I switch to restaurant mode I have a lower volume range than normal. This makes the aids very flexible for any environment without losing the customization settings that I had set up when I first got them.

Overall, I am very pleased, and so happy I went with Eargo. My insurance company (UHC Medicare Advantage) has already reimbursed me $2,000 of my purchase cost!

Eargo response

Hello Peter! Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your experience with Eargo! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing, and we are so happy that you're so happy with our product and the support that we provide. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Feb. 23, 2022

I like that Eargo hearing aids fit inside the ear and they're not over the ear. The over-the-ear ones were just impossible with the mask requirements. My Eargo hearing aids are also pretty good. Reportedly, you can change the program by tapping the unit in your ear and initially, I was able to change a program. But now, the hearing aids don't seem to be responding at all to any taps while I'm wearing them. So I have to go to my phone to change a program. I can live with it but then, if they're under warranty, perhaps I could get a replacement pair. Other than that, I've had to make two contacts with Eargo's reps and they've both been very positive.

Eargo response

Hello Carol! Thank you for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We're happy to hear that you're ultimately satisfied with your Eargo hearing aids and the support that we provide! For assistance with your current aids and replacement requests, please contact our Client Care team at your convenience. Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: Feb. 19, 2022

I checked out Eargo and liked the fact that their Eargo 6's are water-resistant. They are invisible, and they don't mess with my mask. I have the Eargo 6 now and I can watch TV with my wife without blistering her eardrums. I was tired of everybody having to yell to get me to hear and understand them. My hearing in my left ear is more severe than Eargo can reach because I went to an audiologist the other day and they tested it. Although it got somewhat in the area, they got really close on the right ear. But the left ear couldn't. I cranked it up before. I had been wearing it on 2 and it helped. I cranked it up to 4 and now I can hear every lip smack and everything else I didn't hear. I hear a lot better. My audiologist was trying to sell me other types of hearing aids. We decided to stick with Eargo because although it didn't reach it in my left ear, it does a lot better than I've ever had. I also like the functionality, style of it and everything else.

Dave was my rep and he was awesome. He answered all of my questions. In the store, I have a gal that's assigned to me and I can only make an appointment with her to talk to her. It's always through my work hours so I missed one of her calls. I don't feel like I can call and ask any questions. I don't like to text and email ‘cause I'm not a real good speller. I'm just not comfortable with that at all. But she's always helped me and answered my questions whenever I talked to her. She said that I can call and talk to somebody else, too, if I had a question.

My hearing aids are very comfortable in my ears. A couple of days ago, I was using the open pedals. I switched to medium because they were most comfortable. I could hardly tell the hearing aids were in there half the time. I did lose on my caps off the backside of one of mine already. These are the night covers. Also, I have problems with my charger not charging one of my Eargos. Once, it was my left then the other time, it was my right. It was because those little stems get straightened out and it wouldn't sit in the cradle right so it did end up charging up. I'm also still learning about the app and I would probably utilize it some if I can figure it all out. I like the simplicity of the app. That's another thing that guided me toward Eargo. I also watched review after review and commercial after commercial and even comparisons with other hearing aids.

Eargo response

Hello Greg! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. We are sorry for any issues that you've experienced with your Eargo devices, but we are so happy that you receive plenty of assistance from your Personal Hearing Professional. If you need further help with anything from here, please contact our Client Care team! This team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000. Lastly, keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: Feb. 18, 2022

They were good with follow-up and answering questions when I called. However, I wish it was easier to follow the instructions or do what they said I needed to do. I had trouble doing that without getting back in touch with them. I still haven't been able to run the hearing test. I had to use my phone to download an appropriate program, and the one I downloaded didn't really work. There was no real guidance there relative to which one I should pick. I don't think they've updated that app. They should give clear instructions relative to that app.

Eargo response

Hello Anthony! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We're so sorry if you've had any trouble with your devices or the app, but our Client Care team is always happy to assist. If additional help is still needed for you at this time, please contact our Client Care team at your convenience. This team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000. Lastly, please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

Eargo is a good choice. I've contacted customer service twice and they've helped me out.The device fits fine now. My ears had to get used to it just like every other hearing aid.

Eargo response

Hello Kayanda! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing. We're so happy that you're happy with our product and the support that we provide. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Eargo Company Information