4.3/5 (127 ratings)

About Eargo

Eargo is a health tech company that’s destigmatizing hearing loss through innovation. Eargo brings a refreshing brand to an archaic industry overrun by inflated prices, needless negotiations, and complex purchasing barriers. For the first time, there’s a brand that provides consumers with a modern buying experience, great technology, and a clear understanding of hearing health. Learn more today about the enhanced auditory experience Eargo has offered millions of people across America.

Pros

• Licensed, professional support
  • May be covered by federal benefits
  • Nearly invisible
  • Rechargeable hearing aids

Cons

• Not for profound hearing loss

Bottom Line

Eargo sells four hearing aid models with an open-fit, breathable design. While not appropriate for those with profound hearing impairment, Eargo provides quality devices for mild to moderate high-frequency hearing loss.

Eargo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

We got one for my husband and I'm enjoying it. He has ringing in his ears that kept him from hearing things constantly. Before we got Eargo, I would be saying something to him with the television on and he couldn't hear that over the ringing. But now, he can. It's easier to communicate with it and he says it's the same at work. But he said that some things are too loud. Other than that, the customer service has been great. Right now, we're having a little issue and they're giving me a way to resolve that.

Eargo response

Hello Mrs. S! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We are so happy to hear that you're happy with our product and the support that we provide our clients. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others, and continue feeling free to reach out if assistance with anything from here is needed!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I'm a retired federal employee and one day, I got something in the mail that said that some of the payment for the Eargo hearings aids would be covered. Eventually, all of it was covered, which was great. I love them and with them, I hear a lot better. They have 1, 2, 3, and 4 options and I keep them at 2. I just told somebody about them yesterday. Eargo's reps were great as well. But I don't know what that one tool is in there. It's got a little spin thing with a roller and I don't know how to use it. Other than that, I got no complaints. I can tell when I don't have them in, when I go to work. There's a big difference.

Eargo response

Hello Andy! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your Eargo experience! We're so happy that you're so happy with our product, and that your new hearing aids do make a difference for your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

So far, Eargo has been great. I had a problem with one of the hearing aids the other day and made a call to the number I had. They walked me through step by step and helped me fix it up. The reps have answered my questions every time. I talked to a girl in Nashville where I'm from and she was like, “When you come over to see your mom, stop by the office. We'd like to meet our people.”

However, everything's so loud with the Eargo. I was in an outside mall right after I got them and I kept hearing something flop like the big signs they hang which flop when they get loose. I thought there was a sign somewhere and I was looking up. I was thinking, “These people are gonna think I'm crazy.” A lady walked by with flip flops and I had heard her flip flops coming. The Eargo takes getting used to. But when you get used to it, it's wonderful to be able to hear.

Eargo response

Hello Brenda! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about your Eargo experience so far! We're so happy that Eargo is improving your hearing, and that you're satisfied with the support that our Client Care team has provided!

If you need additional assistance in getting used to your devices or with anything else, our Client Care team is always happy to help. As a reminder, our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Thank you for choosing Eargo, and please keep spreading the good word about us to others!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I have been using my Eargo 5's for two months, and it has been an all-around wonderful experience. I have mild to moderate high-frequency hearing loss, plus I developed tinnitus about 6 months ago, which was driving me crazy. The tinnitus was bothering me more than the hearing loss, but it made me look into hearing aids, because I know that auditory deprivation can cause or make tinnitus worse. The problem is that I'm too vain to wear hearing aids that are visible, and I know that I wouldn't use them enough to be of help. It seemed to me that Eargo was just what I was looking for, and I decided to give it a try.

At first it was a bit of a shock to hear things that I hadn't heard in many years, and it was a bit overwhelming. Also, initially the sound of my own voice was annoying, but I was amazed at how quickly I adjusted to it. Most of all, I'm so happy that when I wear my Eargos, I don't notice my tinnitus. Since my tinnitus is very high pitch buzz, the Eargos boost the ambient sounds in that register, and at least for me, it is very helpful. Not a cure, but a huge help during the day. I still need to use masking sounds at night when I sleep.

During the two months that I have been wearing the Eargos, nobody has noticed (as far as I know) that I am wearing hearing aids. My vanity prevails! I did have a connectivity issue about three weeks into using them, where I wasn't able to change programs using the app anymore. I was able to contact customer service, who advised me to uninstall the app and reinstall it. That helped for a couple of days, but then it was a problem again. Another customer representative advised me to leave the Eargos out of the charger overnight to let the batteries completely run down, then recharge them. That fixed the issue, and they've been working great ever since. All around, I'm very happy with my purchase, and it has greatly improved my quality of life. I especially enjoy walking through the park and hearing birds chirping again, rather than the buzzing in my ears from tinnitus!

Eargo response

Hello Ken! Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your Eargo experience. We could not be happier that Eargo has improved your hearing and has helped with your tinnitus. We sincerely appreciate your business, as well as you spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Updated on 11/23/2021: Eargo still refuses to honor their warranty after Consumer Affairs response. They now want $295 from me after $2000 paid. Eargo lied to public Consumers Affairs in their public response. Do not buy from Eargo. You would be very dissatisfied as I am. Shameful and greedy.

Original Review: Eargo charged $2000.00 for my hearing aids. One needed repair after 2 months and will not honor warranty. Eargo wants $262.00 more. I have been disappointed with their hearing aids. Very cheap but only asked for warranty repair. They refuse.

Eargo response

Hello Nels. We can confirm that we do honor our warranty. It appears that you are still within this warranty time-frame until 2022 if a replacement is needed after working through troubleshooting steps with our Client Care team. We will be having a representative from this team contact you shortly, or please feel free to contact us at your convenience. As a reminder, our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

With the Eargo hearing aids, the users do the hearing test themselves, and the hearing aids are programmed to amplify the frequencies that they lost, so it is like their hearing is restored in those frequencies that they need. I use my hearing aids every day and I've definitely got a range of frequency that my ears don't hear. Also, I've talked with customer service several times and corresponded with them by email, and they are very responsive, helpful, nice and professional.

Eargo response

Hello Dennis! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this positive review! We're so happy that you're happy with the product and the support that we provide our clients. We sincerely appreciate your business, and the opportunity to improve your hearing!

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

My Eargo 5s have transformed my life in a positive way. They have significantly improved my hearing and cognitive abilities. I teach and my students have noticed an improvement since I started wearing them. My family is less frustrated with me, and happy that the TV does not have to be as loud as it I had needed it in the past. The Eargos are essential invisible, and have gotten quite comfortable over time. I had some initial problems getting used to them and using the app to adjust them for different situations, but the Eargo Audiologist helped me through those problems. There was a bit of a snag, when the app software was updated, but again customer service helped me through that. I am still struggling a bit with using the app to fine tune my Eargos but things are improving. I am thrilled with the results and so happy that I took this step. Give them a try, the 45 trial period is really helpful!

Eargo response

Hello Richard! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing, and we're so happy that Eargo hearing aids are such a great fit for you! Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

If you need additional assistance later on with the app or anything else, please let us know. Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2021

All members of your staff I interacted with were exceptionally competent and friendly. Eargos worked great right out of the box. Biggest issue is remembering to take them out when I shower or go to bed. I barely notice I am wearing them. I easily change programs and calibrate with the app. An outstanding feature is the ability to permanently adjust a program. Thanks Eargo!!

Eargo response

Hello Jim! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience. We're so happy that you're so happy with our product and the support that we provide. It's our pleasure to have the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I've had my Eargo 5 aids for about 2 months now. I have moderate loss so only use them in situations like restaurants, tv watching, theater. I probably average 2-3 hours/day. The sound quality is excellent and I love the invisibility of the devices in the ear canal. I do experience tickling as sound causes some vibration in the canal. The tickling/itching does decrease with time, but buyers should be aware of this. The charging case is very compact and sleek. Overall, very satisfied with purchase. I believe the price is well below similar high quality products that must be purchased through a doctor's office.

Eargo response

Hello Oren! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We're so happy to hear that you're happy with our product. We sincerely appreciate your business, and the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2021

I can’t say enough good things about my Eargo hearing aids. I’ve needed hearing aids for a while now but kept putting off my purchase due to a bad experience with hearing aids from a well known “buy in bulk” warehouse, I decided I was better off not hearing well than wearing sub par hearing aids. After reading all the positive reviews on the Eargo, I decided to give them a try. They have literally changed my life. The word huh has been all but eliminated from my vocabulary and I hear so much better now. I can’t thank Eargo enough for creating such a great product.

Eargo response

Hello Derek! Thank you so much for sharing about your Eargo experience! We could not be happier to hear that your Eargo hearing aids have changed your life. We sincerely appreciate your business. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2021

Last year, I purchased a pair of Eargo Neo Hi-Fi's. Sadly, I could not get them to fit perfectly so that I had a consistent clear and present signal. This was not the fault of the Eargo's but rather that of my ear canal, which has an odd bend to it. I had pretty much given up on being able to use them when I read about the Eargo 5, which was said to be 10% smaller than my pair. I took a flyer and ordered them. To my delight, they fit perfectly and I have a great connection every time. They seem to be much easier to keep clean, as well. As an added bonus, I passed my original Eargo Neo Hi Fi's along to my girlfriend. They were a perfect fit for her and she tells me just about every other day how much she is enjoying them. So all's well that ends well.

Eargo response

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We're sorry to hear that the Eargo HiFi system was not the right fit for you, but we're very happy to hear that the Eargo 5 system is a different story for you! We sincerely appreciate you spreading the good word about Eargo, as well as the opportunity to improve your and your girlfriend's hearing.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Ordering was easy and they arrived when promised. I replaced an older set of behind the ear aids with the Eargo 5 and I would never go back to the behind the ear style again. As for the quality to price I don’t believe you can beat them. They perform as good as I hoped they would. I wear them from 6 am to 10 pm daily and they perform flawlessly. The only issue I have is I can only get one charge out of the charger so I have to plug it in every day. A small price to pay for better hearing.

Eargo response

Hello Jerome! We're so happy that you're happy with our ordering process and product. We sincerely appreciate your business and the opportunity to improve your hearing! We are sorry to hear about the charging issues you've experienced, but our Client Care team would love to assist you at your convenience. Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

After 4 years wearing a high end behind the ear RIC device and doing a lot of research, I decided to give Eargo 5’s a try. I am delighted with them. The Sound Match technology is great, with results that closely mirror prior tests done in a traditional audiologist setting. Having the ability to then tailor my Eargos to settings I find optimal is huge; a capability I never had before. Support from Eargo’s audiologist and hearing professional through has been terrific. Finally, they are very comfortable; after wearing a discrete behind the ear device, I now go through much of the day not even registering that I’m wearing hearing aids. I feel - and hear - like I did before I stared wearing hearing aids. I’m a very happy camper.

Eargo response

Hello Tom! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with Eargo! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing, and we are so happy that you're so happy with our product. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo hearing aids!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I have loved my Eargo hearing aids, I had tried a different kind first and they were pretty big and awkward. Then I saw an ad for Eargo's and decided to check them out. They are fairly inconspicuous and work wonderfully. Took me a while to get them set to fit my life style, but I love them.

Eargo response

Hello Patti! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with Eargo. We're so happy that you're so happy with our product. We sincerely appreciate your business, and the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about us!

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

Eargo is AWFUL and the customer support is TERRIBLE. My advice - save your money and buy a cheaper, over ear pair. Buy these if you want a pair of expensive, poorly made hearing aids and then absolutely no customer support. I was looking forward to receiving my Eargo Neo HiFi's, having spent around $3000 on them. However, after using them for the 1 month "adjustment period", the device was still working poorly. Unless you have ears made from rubber, these fall out of your ears when you eat, when you shake your head, and when you walk briskly.

No matter what I tried (cleaning the earbuds, changing the earbuds etc.), nothing helped. The hearing aids get feedback VERY easily, given that the microphone is in your ear with the speaker. The charging case is a poorly made piece of plastic. You have to spend 5 minutes wiggling the hearing aids in the case for them to start charging. A $300 pair of Apple Airpods are better made than these 10x cost Eargo. The return window is just 1 month, coincidentally the same length as the "adjustment period" that they advertise for their device. You can't even leave reviews on their website. All Eargo do is screw you over. No customer support. No ability to return. Awful business and shady business practices.

Eargo response

Hello Louis. We are so sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your Eargo purchase and experience. While we understand that Eargo is not right for and won't fit for everyone, our team of hearing professionals and Client Care representatives are always happy to try making Eargo work as best as possible for each of our clients. If you are still an Eargo customer and need assistance with your devices, please contact our Client Care team directly. Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2021

The communication with Eargo has been great. I haven't always been here to answer the calls but I don't have any complaints. We have finally gotten both devices straightened out and they are working perfectly.

Eargo response

Hello William! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience so far! We're so happy that you're happy with our product and communication. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2021

Do not get Eargo if you have heavy earwax. Since they have since modified the Eargo 5 to allow removal of debris behind the microphone they are certainly aware of the problem but would not accept that a trial period requires a working product. My experience with Eargo Neo HiFi has been extremely frustrating. I have spent countless times contacting Eargo (with long waits on hold). Despite the fact that I have carefully cleaned and probably replaced wax guards too often I am plagued by unreliable hearing aids.

I ordered Eargo Neo HiFi on April 25, 2021. They worked briefly until early May. After several conversations with your representative I ordered a replacement for the right ear on May 11. The left ear aid showed no amplification in late June. Again, after speaking with your representatives I ordered a replacement on July 2. The left failed again and I ordered a replacement after discussing with your representative on July 20. In early August both failed. The left just quit amplifying after a short time, the right would suddenly squeal for about 10 seconds and die. The right hearing aid died again Sept 29. It was replaced in about a week. The left died in mid-October.

I have used up most of my wax guards as I have replaced numerous times to see if that made a difference. I have tried an electric toothbrush, as one representative suggested, used separate brushes on microphone and speaker end, and flushed with compressed air. I was advised that my replacements showed signs of wax getting under the microphone cover. I seem to secrete a relatively large amount of earwax but did not find out that wax under the cover could be the basis for my problem.

I asked about returns and was told that I was outside my 45 day return period despite never having had 45 day of use without failure. Either there is a quality control problem on the Eargo Neo Hi Fi or they are somehow unsuitable for me. I respectfully request the right to return the Eargo Neo HiFi hearing aids on the basis that I have not had a full 45 days during which both hearing aids worked. My only other resort, which I am reluctant to do is to warn others of my unsatisfactory experiences in public bulletin boards.

Eargo response

Hello Thomas. We are so sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with your Eargo purchase and experience. While we cannot honor your request to return for a refund this far out of your 45-day trial period, we are still happy to offer you remote lifetime care for your HiFi system. We hope that the Eargo 5 should be a much better fit for you, or please just contact our Client Care team if any assistance is needed. Along with calling, our Client Care team can also be reached by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com. This team is available Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I had a really nice experience with Eargo's rep. Their hearing aids work. They sound like they're better than those from other providers. I can hear better with them.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

The reps were awesome. From my initial purchase and then assuring that everything went well, that was great. I got the Eargo HiFi and compared to the hearing aids that I still had, it seems like I get an amplified sound and not a true replication of what I'm hearing. I paid considerably more for the Signia ones that I had before, but the sound is stellar.

I had two units that failed during my first month and Eargo was excellent about replacing those. When I spoke to them about returning them for my refund, they were more than happy to make me a happy customer. I would try Eargo again as their technology advances because I like the unit in general. I don't think the sound I got was authentic and accurate.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

It's been great with Eargo. It's better all around hearing.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2021

The representative was great and my hearing aids work good for me. I work construction, and I don't wear them doing that, but when I wear them at home and at restaurants, my hearing is much better. I can hear what everybody's saying now.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I talked to one sales rep and that was a good experience. I’ve got the programs set up too. I have programs for in a restaurant where I don’t want as much background noise. However, the interface between the charger and the Bluetooth into the hearing aids does not work very well. It asked me to update it and after I did, now, I can’t get it to work at all. If I can just get the device to cooperate as far as changing programs, everything works fine.

Eargo response

Thank you for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We're sorry to hear that you've experienced issues with your devices, but do see on your account that it appears you've since received assistance for this. If you still need help with anything, please know that our Client Care team is always happy to help! Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2021

Eargo's reps answered all my questions, were professional and patient. Someone called me to follow up a week later I was just as pleased with them as the first person. It was an efficient process. At first the hearing aids irritated me because I'm not used to something in my ear. It tickled. But I need to change the petals between the solid and the one with more ventilation because the sound might be better. I'm retired, so I stay at home, which means I don't have the need to hear as if I were working. I don't wear them that much. But I'm glad to have them at the same time. I like the rechargeable. That's why I got the $150 upgrade. I have recommended Eargo to my friend who is also a federal retiree. She said she would look into it.

Eargo response

Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We are so happy that you're happy with our product, and that you have recommended Eargo to others! Please know that we do have a referral program that you can learn more about by contacting our Client Care team or by going to our website at eargo.com, https://www.eargo.com/refer.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2021

I wanted something small and that people couldn't see that much, which is one of the advantages of the small piece. Also, nothing hanging over it, and that it's easy to charge. I'm still getting used to the Eargos because I had to change the size that was in there and put the white ones in, the smaller size, so they would fit better. I just did that the other day. Juan called for that and we had a talk with him. He explained certain things, how to pull off that piece and put a small one on. He was very helpful. The only thing is I always get that feeling the hearing aids will fall out. But that's one thing I have to get used to. Also, I get that whistle sound at times that comes on. One said I tap the side of my ear four times, and that's how I lower it. Sometimes it's too loud, but it is helping in social gatherings, that I can hear what everybody's saying.

Eargo response

Hello Lorraine! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with Eargo so far! We are sorry if you've had any issues with feedback or getting too much amplification from the devices, but our Client Care team would be happy to assist with that. Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2021

I haven't heard this well in years. As soon as I wake up, I have to put the hearing aids in. I notice the difference when I take them out at night to charge them. I’m afraid of falling asleep with them in my ears so I wind up taking them out before I'm ready to go to sleep so that I can watch TV until I'm ready to go to sleep. The service with Eargo has been great. I've had two follow-up calls that have been super. I have the app on my phone, so I can go in and adjust the hearing aids as needed. I don't even have to take them out of my ears. It’s the best one I’ve spent on in a long time and I am happy with them. I have several friends that have hearing issues, and I’ve recommended it to them already.

Eargo response

Hello Michele! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with Eargo! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing, and we are so happy that you're happy with our product. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo! Lastly, we do have a referral program that our Client Care team would be happy to give you details about, or you can visit our website at https://www.eargo.com/refer

Original review: Oct. 24, 2021

I ran across an order online, and it had the mount, and back-of-the-ear and one inside. And they work good, but they were just a nuisance. Especially when I wear a mask, I take the mask off and fling it clear across the room. I could do better, I thought. When I saw the ad that Eargo had, it looked great because it was just one little earbud that went inside the ear, and it was rechargeable which rids of the batteries. So, I thought, "Well, the price looked good." Because I was looking at some that were $5,000, $6,000, and I wouldn't want to go there.

I've been on the Eargos and have liked them ever since. I'm nowhere near deaf. It's just mostly distinguishing frequencies. But the hearing aids have helped very much when I'm in crowds and with a lot of background noise. I'm a pastor, so I use them when I'm at church on Wednesday nights and Bible study, and worship service Sunday mornings and evenings. If I went to a meeting, I would wear them. And so far, they've been super. When my right earbud wouldn't recharge, I called and Eargo replaced it. And I was pleased with the service.

I'm seeing a retired nurse. She wears hearing aids, and she made a comment about mine. And she paid a small fortune for hers, but they were the behind the ear piece. She said she is not too happy with them, and I said, "Well, maybe in time, you might want to try these and see." She seems to be open for it especially because of the one piece that goes in the ear where people can't see it.

Eargo response

Wow! Thank you so much for this wonderful review, and for recommending Eargo to others! Please know that we do have a referral program that you can learn more about at https://www.eargo.com/refer. We truly appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing, and are so happy that you're happy with our product.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2021

A set of Eargo's Neo HiFi hearing aids was purchased for me by my wife over 5 months ago. In that time both hearing aids and charger have been replaced numerous times due to one or more of each unit not working. The charger doesn't charge one hearing aid or completely stops charging. The hearing aids cease to work after a clue of weeks. The aids make popping, hissing, & cracking sounds, then stop amplifying any sound. When I call for support, I can never get anyone to answer on the first call. I must always leave my number & await a callback, which at times never comes. When someone does call back, I am asked what I did to resolve my problem, as well as instructed to "clean and/or replace certain parts".

Once I go through this, I am told I will receive a callback from another person, either an audiologist or a warranty specialist within 2 business days. While all this nonsense is occurring, I have one or no hearing aids to assist; however, I still have to pay a monthly financial payment regardless. Once someone does call back, I am asked the same questions & instructed to do the same cleaning/replacement procedures, resulting in the Eargos representative sending out a new replacement (s). This is not a reputable or professional company! Eargo has 90 Better Business Bureau complaints filed against them in the past 3 years! Not a sign of a company that produces a quality piece of audio technology! Look elsewhere if you wish to spend your money wisely, as well as receive a reliable set of hearing aids!

Hello Thomas!

We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your experience. However, we want to make sure you have what you need.

Our devices do require specific maintenance, so we'd be more than happy to connect you with one of our hearing professionals to further review cleaning recommendations. To provide further reassurance, we can offer as many replacements as needed within warranty as long as a device is not lost or damaged.

As for support, please know that you can also reach our Client Care team using the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or email support@eargo.com.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

I was looking for something that would help. But it still doesn't give me what I want. I spend a lot of time outdoors. It helps but it's minimal. I like the chargers. I’m not sure if there would be even a smaller tip though. ‘Cause there are only the two sizes that I've discovered. Because my right ear canal is just a little bit smaller. I don't know if that affects how the sound waves come into the ear. I'm assuming that there's some vibration that goes on there and then it becomes enhanced. But the customer service and their online support have been really good. I would recommend people to give Eargo a shot. Depending on the amount of hearing loss, it can definitely improve that. Comfort and the fact that they're invisible are good. The tutorials are good, too.

Eargo response

Hello David! We're sorry if Eargo is not right for you, but thank you so much for still recommending Eargo to others! Also, we're so happy that you're happy with our product and the support that we provide.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2021

I like the hearing aids. If I have the TV where I used to have the volume without the hearing aids in, and when I put them in, I have to turn the TV down. So that's well done. Sometimes they make a loud piercing noise, then it goes away. It's not bad. Other than that, Eargo is a good product. Get it.

Eargo response

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with Eargo! We're sorry if you've had any issues with feedback, but we are happy to hear that you're overall happy with our product. If you need assistance with anything, please feel free to contact our Client Care team at your convenience. Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Eargo had a promotional program where they would send people nonfunctional hearing aids, so that they could test them out for a fit. And I said, “Well, okay. Well, I'll go ahead and do that.” That was several years ago. So, this is for the latest version that I have. I got the samples, but I didn't pay much attention to it until recently where I had difficulty with the current aids, and I haven't got them properly fitted. The insurance paid for them. I gave up because of the audiologist. That was when I decided to try the Eargo. Because they had the usual testing program for so many days, and the price was right. Plus they were CIC style, which I was more accustomed to using.

What surprises me the most is how comfortable they are for what I would consider a universal set. I'm from the era where we have that goop, chuck it in your ear, and the molding was made. So, they are very comfortable. They’re lightweights. I had some initial set up issues. I had a bad charging base, the little round pod thing. Apparently, it had some difficulty connecting to the internet. But Eargo sent me a complete replacement of aids and the base as well, which was very nice of them to do.

They're small, they last a long time as far as the charge goes. The fact that I have enough charge in the case itself for three or four charges without having to plug it in makes it handy for a weekend use. For something that is a vented device, I don't get any feedback. So, I'm pleased with that. I also like the programming aspect of it. I was skeptical because I'm from the school where you go in the booth and click the button. But this setup process was surprisingly more robust than I thought it would be. Because, “Here are your aids,” and they never took a test. So, the cell phone testing function works very well. Very clever that they would do it that way.

If I had any complaint at all, it was initially when I ordered the hearing aids, it's getting anybody on the phone. There was a backlog of hours that I get in touch with somebody at customer service. But when I got somebody at customer service, they were very informative. The person who’s an audiologist was very helpful and helped me customize the hearing that I wanted to hear. I like the “music setting” because it’s devoid of compression. And I’ve been involved in audio sound for many years, and doing radio stuff. I would much rather hear what the surrounding sound is, and let my brain sort out what is noise and what I wanna hear. But that's probably because I'm old-school, from hearing aids that didn't have built-in noise reduction and compression. So, the music setting gets rid of that compression.

The audiologist was able to customize my “normal settings” to eliminate the compression factor, and sent that programming down the line, to my recharging pod. At which point, the hearing aids were updated. So, I would give Eargo high marks on that. My first audiologist said, “You're the only person that asked me for the microphone patterns on your hearing aids.” So far, it went well. The downside was it took me a long time to get connected with anybody, but I've been told that that is trying to be remedied as more and more people are hired.

I've recommended Eargo to other friends of mine who have hearing aids that are far more expensive than mine. And they are looking into it. It’s not going to be for everybody. Because some people's hearing loss don't fit that spectrum. It's mostly designed for high-frequency hearing loss, which is my problem. I have a boss who has a low-frequency hearing loss so the aids are probably not recommended for her. But I told her about them. And I said, “You can call Eargo and find out about what's applicable for your type of hearing loss.”

Eargo response

Wow! Thank you so much for sharing about your Eargo experience. We are so thrilled to hear that Eargo is working out so well for you, and that you have recommended our product to others. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing, and we also completely welcome your feedback.

Eargo Company Information