4.5/5 (143 ratings)

About Eargo

Eargo is a health tech company that’s destigmatizing hearing loss through innovation. Eargo brings a refreshing brand to an archaic industry overrun by inflated prices, needless negotiations, and complex purchasing barriers. For the first time, there’s a brand that provides consumers with a modern buying experience, great technology, and a clear understanding of hearing health. Learn more today about the enhanced auditory experience Eargo has offered millions of people across America.

Pros

• Licensed, professional support
  • May be covered by federal benefits
  • Nearly invisible
  • Rechargeable hearing aids

Cons

• Not for profound hearing loss

Bottom Line

Eargo sells four hearing aid models with an open-fit, breathable design. While not appropriate for those with profound hearing impairment, Eargo provides quality devices for mild to moderate high-frequency hearing loss.

Eargo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?

Original review: Jan. 19, 2023

The communication with everyone from Eargo has been very positive. I'm still working on getting used to the hearing aids, though. It picks up certain sounds just fine but other times, the sound I want it to pick up isn't picked up. I wouldn't understand the person that's in front of me that I really wanna hear and I would instead hear the conversation behind me. It's coming in better than the one right in front of me. I'm still working on it.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2023

I must admit that I was a little apprehensive about which hearing aids to purchase. In the past I purchased what I call cheap hearing aids or hearing amplifiers. The cheap ones were terrible they sounded like two tin cans stretched between a string. I did a lot of research before purchasing my EARGO 6 hearing aids. The purchase was easy, and the shipping was fast. The sound quality I get from the EARGO 6 hearing aids is just amazing. The rechargeable batteries me all day. I don’t have to worry about fumbling around to change batteries.

At first, I had a problem with hearing my own voice, but it went away in a few days. The app for my hearing aids is perfect, I love the control that I have. I can control my hearing aids to fit the environment I’m in. Now when my wife speaks to me, I can actually hear what she is saying. Before I was always saying HUH all the time or she had time. Before she had to be facing directly at me for me to understand her. I can have conversations with my grand kids now, before it was very difficult.

The first time I went to a restaurant was amazing. Before in a restaurant I could not have a conversation with anyone because the noise made my hearing scrambled. Not now with my new EARGO hearing aids. It was so nice to go there and be able to hear what everyone was saying. Now I know which setting I need to match the environment I’m in. I am a avid bird watcher and feeder. Before I couldn’t hear most of the birds singing, my wife would say can you hear that bird singing? And of course, I couldn’t but now I can with my new EARGO hearing aids. I can’t say enough good things about my new EARGO hearing aids they have changed my life. Thank You EARGO. EARGO support is very helpful and genuinely concerned about any problems I might have, I know I can count on them.

Eargo response

Thank YOU for sharing your life changing Eargo experience!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2023

I purchased Eargo6 from the Eargo Company several weeks ago. I found them to be very knowledgeable, professional and honest as they explained the devices to me and answered my questions. I was assured that I would have unlimited support from them via phone as well as videos. I was guaranteed an easy full money back refund if in was not happy with my Eargo after 45 days. I don’t take big purchases like this lightly. After I received my devices I really used this 45 days to put them to the test. Called the hearing specialists a couple of times.

The service I received was exactly as promised. The Eargo 6 devices are amazing! Easy, comfortable and allow me to hear those things I had been missing. I can now hear people speaking from across the room in a meeting as well as my little granddaughters sweet voice. I love not having to say “what did you say?” Five stars all the way!

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing your Eargo experience. Love seeing that you are happy with the performance of our haring aids and our service!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2023

Eargo company is very responsive. When we first got the hearing aids, they talked to us a couple of times. They wanted to know how it was all going. So they're very good that way. Customer satisfaction is high. The hearing aids work pretty well. It amplifies all frequencies equally. Of the times that I wear them, they've never fallen out. So the product is pretty good. Also, the people at Eargo were great. The customer service was exceptional. So I'm happy.

Eargo response

Great review! So glad to hear that you're happy with your Eargo hearing aids!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I am a musician and music lover and I haven't heard music properly in many years. Putting the Eargo's in dramatically changes what I get to hear. It brought a tear to my eye the first time I put a record on with them in. The heavy blanket had been lifted from my ears. Playing my guitar gave me chills, I hear tones I haven't heard in 20 years. My band mates say I sing way more on key than they've ever heard me. It's absolutely life changing getting my hearing back. I had a small problem with them going quiet when I drove with music on and the rep I spoke to sent a custom program to them and it stopped doing it! Incredible. I can't say enough about what the Eargo's did for me.

Eargo response

Such a great Eargo testimonial. Thank you so much!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2022

I bought the Eargo 6. I’ve tried the &6,000 hearing aids, they didn’t work. I am very satisfied. Would recommend to a friend. You can take your own hearing test any time if your hearing changes and use the sound match, very easy to use. Neil

Eargo response

We are so glad you tried Eargo and you're happy with our hearing aids! Thank you for sharing.

Resolution response: Dec. 20, 2022

The company is now offering a 10% for "medical personnel, first responders, and teachers."

Original review: Dec. 19, 2022

FYI - per their customer service line - there is no longer any discount for teachers/educators, and 10% (not 20%) for healthcare personnel. Guess I'll still be asking my students to repeat themselves for the foreseeable future.

Eargo response

Hello Kevin! To demonstrate our heartfelt gratitude for medical personnel, first responders, and teachers, Eargo is proud to help support them with a 10% discount on both the Eargo 6 and Eargo 5 hearing solutions. If you are interested in purchasing an Eargo system, please call us at 800-481-1302. You can also visit us at https://eargo.com/products-hearing-aids.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2022

I've had my cargo 5's for about 2 months and I've become very attached to them. They are great for having conversations in the car, in restaurants and the grocery store, and for listening to sports announcers during a game. Great devices, great customer service!

Eargo response

Great review! Thank you very much for sharing your Eargo experience!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2022

After trying another kind of hearing aids I purchased Eargo 5. After a few weeks of adjustment I am very satisfied with the way they work for me. I find them to be comfortable to a point where I forget they are in my ears. I can effortlessly participate in conversations again and am still amazed at the multitude of sounds around me which I had been missing for some time.

Now I want to go out and do different things a lot more often than before and no longer do I avoid certain situations due to hearing difficulties. Daily cleaning has become a routine like brushing my teeth, no big deal. No need to get "adjustment appointments", I can take care of that myself with help of the app and detailed information on the company's website. Customer service has been prompt and always very helpful. A problem with the charger was resolved in a short time. Overall a very positive experience.

Eargo response

So glad you decided to try Eargo and you're happy with our hearing aids!

Original review: Dec. 8, 2022

We often hear or see advertisements that claim their product is a game changer, or certain to improve our lives. Most of these ads never quite deliver on what they promise. Not so with Eargo hearing aids. I can once again hear soft voices. I can hear paper crinkle. When I walk, I can hear the wind in the trees. And listening to music is now enjoyable. The Eargo hifi aids I purchased are marvelous. I hear as well now as I did in my 40s, and I am 86. These remarkable devices are tiny, easy to use and insert, and so comfortable. They are worth every penny I spent on them.

As for the follow-up and services, splendid. The staff and tech support are outstanding. I just wish other people could enjoy the quality of life Eargo has provided for me at a reasonable price, with such ease of operation, and backed by professional and friendly staff that make this a pleasant, rewarding and life changing experience. Don't hesitate, get a pair of these wonderful hearing aids and live life to the fullest.

Eargo response

We couldn't ask for better feedback... it's so great when our clients tells us that Eargo hearing aids are a "game changer" or they've improve their lives. Marvelous review!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

I purchased the Eargo 6 aids. In the past I have used the molded in the ear type aids. I find the Eargo 6 to be fairly comparable for normal conversations and the app allows for adjustments in more difficult circumstances and have preset modes for common environments just as the pricier aids do. I am a musician and the customer service folks have been very helpful in making advanced adjustments for live music. All in all, I am happy with my new aids as they perform as advertised.

Eargo response

Thank you sharing your Eargo experience. So glad to hear that you are doing well and you're happy with our hearing aids!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2022

First the Eargo technology is very impressive…to be able to design a very effective hearing aid into such a small device is a great accomplishment. And working with the Eargo Audiologists…Jerry and Amber has been excellent. Both have been professional, knowledgeable and patient with my many questions. With full disclosure I bought my Eargo 6 devices directly from Eargo because these were my first hearing aids and I wanted to use the slightly longer ‘return period’ that came with buying directly from Eargo. However now that I have experienced the devices, and Eargo’s service, I would not hesitate to buy them from Amazon or another Retailer.

Eargo response

Thank you for your Eargo review. So happy to hear that you're enjoying our hearing aids and the support that goes along with them!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

The EARGO 6 is my second EARGO hearing aid. My earlier "MAX" is still functioning, but the EARGO 6 is considerably less size and much improved operation. All the personnel I have interacted with by telephone are pleasant and knowledgeable. And the product packaging is creative and very finished. It's all good!

Eargo response

We certainly appreciate you staying with Eargo! We're happy to hear that you you're pleased with our service and the hearing aids.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

For my first-time purchase with Eargo, they examined with the one-to-one, but I did it over the phone. When I received the new Eargo, it didn't make any difference whether I'm wearing it or not. I even change from one to two, then a three to a four, but it doesn't make any difference. So I stopped wearing it. It's kind of a waste of my money.

The people at Eargo are very, very nice. When I ask a question, they answer and explain to me. They are very pleasant to talk to. Their service is good. After I purchased the hearing aids, every so often they call me and send me a video on how to clean them. So aftercare is very good. But how could they know what hearing aid is good for me? Because they don't examine. They did it over the phone. With my first hearing aid, I went to the doctor's office and they examined very specifically. So they gave me exactly what I needed. But it was battery-operated and I had to change the battery every so often. With Eargo, you just plug it in. It was very convenient. So I switched to Eargo. But the product is not what I needed. I don't like it. I'm not satisfied with it. For $1,500 I paid, I don't know what I paid for.

Eargo response

Hello Masako! We are very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your Eargo hearing aids. Our support teams would be happy to assist you in attempt to improve your experience from here. Our Client Care team is available 8am to 8pm Central Time, Monday - Friday, Saturdays 8am to 5 pm Central Time. You can contact them by calling (800)615-9000, emailing support@eargo.com, or using the live chat function on our website at eargo.com.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I have not connected well with the person that instructs me on how to use the hearing aids. I'm not real good with instructions. If there's something that I have to do a lot of intricate things to, I'm not real patient with it. I have not really had a good session with the doctor, who's very nice on the phone, who is to be the person that instructs me. But between the two of us, we have not managed a time and I'm very frustrated with that because I know I need them.

Eargo response

Hello Dennis! We are very sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the support you've received, but we would love to improve your Eargo experience from here! A member of our support team should be in contact with you shortly. In the meantime, please know that our Client Care team is always happy to help, and this team is available 8am to 8pm Central Time, Monday - Friday, Saturdays 8am to 5 pm Central Time. You can contact them by calling (800)615-9000, emailing support@eargo.com, or using the live chat function on our website at eargo.com.

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

The features of the hearing aids are good. But I have a Samsung Fold phone and I didn't realize that the Eargo wouldn't work with it. So I have to either give up the earphones or I’d go out and buy another phone that's not the model that I have in order for the hearing aids to be fully functional, which was very disappointing. It's supposed to work with the lower-level phones from Samsung, but thus far, I haven't seen that. But it works fine with the iPhone. The other thing was there seemed to have been some problem with the charger, so I got to send the other charger back and get a new charger. That was done well. They had to do some tweaking after it got to me because the hearing aids were tuned to the first charger. Once they did the tweaking, everything seems to have been very good.

I can listen to television at lower volumes with the hearing aids and that's a good thing. It's also good for general conversation. I don't miss parts of conversation anymore. I don't have to say, “Can you repeat that? What did you say?” So it works. I love Eargo's customer service and the doctor and the people who call back and set you up. The rep helped me through this whole thing. She kept extending my time for trial because I was having some questions, and it went well.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2022

The Eargo 6 is working well for me. I hear much of what I was missing before. The phone app is a great tool for adjusting the hearing experience to meet the situation. The customer service and support has been very attentive and helpful. And, of course, the price is right.

Eargo response

It makes us so happy when our customers tells us that with Eargo they're hearing sounds they were previously missing. Thank you for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I received my Eargo 6 devices about a month ago. They were delivered promptly, and work as advertised. I like the ability to make adjustments with my phone, and store four different programs for listening conditions on the devices. They have checked with me weekly by email, messages, and even phone to ensure I'm pleased.

Eargo response

Great review! Thank you so much for sharing!

Original review: Nov. 15, 2022

I stepped up from the Eargo Neo HiFi to the Eargo 6 recently. A slight problem occurred with the left hearing aid, and was quickly resolved by customer service by sending a new unit. Pretty fast service, I'd say! These hearing aids get past the issue of having something hanging behind your ear, are easy to maintain, and work extremely well; good control options. I have high marks in all categories for Eargo!

Eargo response

So glad to hear that our Eargo support team stepped up and quickly resolved your issue. We appreciate the high marks!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

I am very pleased with my experience in dealing with Eargo. From the initial inquiry call & purchase, the support calls & emails to my current satisfaction with the Eargo 6 devices I've been impressed with the customer focus, quality product and reasonable pricing this company provides. I would recommend it to my friends.

Eargo response

So glad that you have found Eargo to be a quality, affordable hearing aid with excellent support! Thank you!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2022

I have been using my EARGO6 hearing aids, and can honestly say they have made a considerable change in my life. I had no idea how much I was missing, by not hearing well. I will be a lifelong EARGO customer.

Eargo response

Wow! We're so glad that we've been able to give back what you've been missing and help you hear life to the fullest!

Original review: Nov. 8, 2022

After unsatisfactory experiences with over-the-ear hearing aids, I decided to try Eargo. A revelation! Not only are they unobtrusive, but the sound quality is excellent. After years are saying "What" when spoken to, I can hear clearly in noisy situations, restaurants, television, road sounds in the car, etc. On top of which, they are so comfortable that I don't even realize I'm wearing them. I would—and have—recommend Eargo to anyone who is suffering moderate hearing loss. They have improved my quality of life in untold ways.

Anthony M.

Eargo response

So glad that you decided to try Eargo hearing aids! There is no greater compliment than finding out we have improved someone's quality of life.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

My Eargo 6 hearing aid is excellent. It works very well, and it is very comfortable. It is very easy to forget that you even have them in! It is virtually invisible and does not interfere with my glasses. And just as important, the Eargo company is both very responsive and very helpful. I highly recommend both the Eargo company and the Eargo 6 equipment. Both the Eargo company and the Eargo 6 get 5 stars from me.

Eargo response

So glad to hear that you are happy with the performance, fit and invisibility of your Eargos! It means so much to us when you share you experience and tell us how much you are enjoying the hearing aids and the support we provide.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2022

We bought the Eargos for my mom and the sales and support staff couldn’t have been nicer. Plenty of emails, texts, and responses to get the Eargos set up. They worked great but mom’s dementia just wouldn’t let her use them. Fortunately my dad was able to use them as he had recently broken one of his older hearing aids. He understood the instructions and how to change the settings himself. They work for him. Everyone is happy.

Eargo response

That's great that your dad is able to use the Eargo hearing aids and is doing well with them! We sincerely appreciate you sharing.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2022

I have had nothing but trouble. They have sent 2 replacements and now I need another replacement. Every time I go about 10 days without. I'm not very happy at all. I can't depend on them. They are rated high but don't go by that rating. They all say the same thing.

Eargo response

Hello Stephen. We are very sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with our Eargo devices, but our support team is always happy to assist our clients! Please feel free to reach out to this team at your convenience. Our Client Care team is available 8am to 8pm Central Time, Monday - Friday, Saturdays 8am to 5 pm Central Time. You can contact them by calling (800)615-9000, emailing support@eargo.com, or using the live chat function on our website at eargo.com. Thank you!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

These hearing aids are well designed and comfortable to wear. Nearly impossible to detect in ear when wearing them. Good sound quality. Small problems with loss of microphone caps and use of the Eargo app. Would recommend them to others.

Eargo response

We appreciate the recommendation! Thank you for sharing and we're glad to hear that you are enjoying your Eargo hearing aids.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2022

I have had other hearing aids. There was too much work with batteries and the cleaning was more involved. Also, the feedback was annoying. These are simple devices with solid programming. I'm enjoying them! I can hear for the first time in a long time.

Eargo response

So glad to hear you are enjoying your Eargo hearing aids! We appreciate you sharing your experience!

Original review: Oct. 23, 2022

Yes, I very much enjoy my Eargo 6 hearing aids. It improves my ability to talk to people without asking them to repeat the sentence. They fit and sit perfectly the whole day without pain or discomfort. THUMB UP! To all designers, engineers and all who were involved.

Eargo response

So happy to hear that you are enjoying your Eargo hearing aids and they're making a difference in your life!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I could not be happier with my experience with Eargo. I initially purchased the Eargo Neo’s and was extremely happy with their small size, battery life and ease of use. I recently upgraded to the Eargo 6 and they are even better. The phone app and controls with the Eargo 6 made a great product even better.

Eargo response

Thank you so much for sharing your experience. So glad to hear that you are still enjoying our Eargo hearing aids!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I applaud Eargo’s business model of supplying a first rate product and following up with an excellent support system of professionals to ensure a successful customer experience. I previously tried another hearing-aid company. I spent double what Eargo charges and got an inferior product and minimal support. After 2 weeks, I returned the hearing aids. I was a little hesitant about an online purchase, but the follow-up and support staff allayed any fears. My experience has been most positive. I highly recommend the product and the company.

Eargo response

We appreciate the Eargo recommendation! Thank you for the excellent review.

Eargo Company Information