Get Pricing

2. Elder Care
  3. Hearing Aids

4.3/5 (80 ratings)

About Eargo

Eargo is a health tech company that’s destigmatizing hearing loss through innovation. Eargo brings a refreshing brand to an archaic industry overrun by inflated prices, needless negotiations, and complex purchasing barriers. For the first time, there’s a brand that provides consumers with a modern buying experience, great technology, and a clear understanding of hearing health. Learn more today about the enhanced auditory experience Eargo has offered millions of people across America.

Pros

• Licensed, professional support
  • May be covered by federal benefits
  • Nearly invisible
  • Rechargeable hearing aids

Cons

• Not for profound hearing loss

Bottom Line

Eargo sells four hearing aid models with an open-fit, breathable design. While not appropriate for those with profound hearing impairment, Eargo provides quality devices for mild to moderate high-frequency hearing loss.

Eargo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?

Original review: Aug. 10, 2021

Everything was good with Eargo’s customer service. I got the inside the ear style hearing aid and they work well. I can hear better.

Eargo response

Hello Scott! Thank you so much for sharing this positive review of your Eargo experience! We're so happy that you're happy with our product and the support that we've provided.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

My life has returned with the arrival of my Eargo hearing aids. I can now enjoy my family and their visits and be able to hear their stories and jokes and just general conversations. Thank you Eargo for your quality product. Frank A **

Eargo response

Hello! Wow! Thank you so much for sharing about your experience. We're so happy for the opportunity to improve your hearing, and life. We sincerely appreciate your business!

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

I want the latest model of everything. I spent $2,495 to find out 8-9 weeks later a whole new version has been released. Very disappointed! If you would have been honest and said a new version was coming out, I would have waited and gladly paid the higher price!

Eargo response

Hello! We are very sorry for the disappointment, but we could not announce the upcoming release of our new product until it was announced to the public. In addition, we were not given an exact date of the upcoming release, so we would've been unable to share important details regardless. The Eargo system that you have is still a wonderful product! Please reach out to our Client Care team if you need any assistance.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2021

My entire experience with Eargo has been extremely positive. From the first phone conversations to the wearing of my hearing aids, I don't think it could be any better. You have a world class product and first class personnel. Thank you Eargo.

Eargo response

Hello! Thank you so much for sharing this positive experience! We're so happy that you're happy!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2021

I can adjust left & right hearing aids with Eargo App bluetooth connection, but not with tapping by my ear. I've tried more than several "tapping methods" for both ears, nothing works. I'm okay with this because hearing aids are otherwise working okay.

Eargo response

Hello! We're very if you're having issues with your Eargos cycling sound profiles properly. For assistance with this, please contact our Client Care team Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, using the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling 1-800-615-9000. Otherwise, we're happy that you're still ultimately satisfied with our product!

Original review: July 30, 2021

Slightly hard of hearing, especially at the higher decibel ranges. These aids were exactly what I needed and the customer support has been fantastic. Earlier skepticism (a product of the times) is all all gone! Wife happy too since now she does not have to keep repeating herself.

Eargo response

Hello Terry! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing, and we're so happy that you're happy!

Original review: July 26, 2021

Now that I'm using Eargo, my hearing is so much better. But sometimes, my charger doesn't work and I have to clean the terminals. Even though they look clean, they're not perfectly clean. The other night, I put it in to charge and only one of the hearing aids charged. I tried it again and got it all to work. Other than that, I'm very happy with the hearing aid. It was a good decision on my part to do that and I would recommend the Eargo.

Eargo response

Hello Rafael! Thank you so much for your positive review, and for recommending Eargo to others! We're sorry if you've experienced some issues with charging, but we are so happy to hear that the instance has since been resolved. If you need assistance with anything else moving forward, please feel free to contact our Client Care team! Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: July 20, 2021

Once you get used to wearing Eargo, they're pretty good. Everything's clear. Not jumbled up. Their reps were great too. I'm very happy with them.

Eargo response

Hello William! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing, and we're so happy that you're happy!

Original review: July 18, 2021

If you want to spend a year fiddling with settings, cleanings, reinstallations, a laughably useless app, but very nice customer service people, then by all means buy these. You'll get all of the above and then the actual product will mysteriously stop working right after the one year warranty expires. Everyone will be very sorry and offer to help you reinstall, re-clean, re-setup, re-test, etc. but the poorly designed product will still be dead. No refund, no replacement unless you're willing to pay another few hundred (per ear) for another short lived unit.

Eargo response

Hello Filip! Thank you for your positive review on our Client Care team, although I am very sorry that you do not enjoy our product. Since Eargo hearing aids do sit inside the ear canal, they truly do require daily and occasionally vigorous cleaning. As for our app and how the product itself works, we have since released a new and improved Eargo system, the Eargo 5 (a new app comes with this device as well)! If you'd like to give us another try, we provide a 45-day trial period with a 100% money back guarantee. Please call us at 800-481-1302 if interested.

Original review: July 11, 2021

I can hear better with my Eargo hearing aids. When I watch a movie, I could pay more attention, listen to the movie and not worry about anything and missing parts. Everything's going good.

Eargo response

Thank you so much for sharing about your positive experience with Eargo! We truly appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family, and just let us know if you need anything!

Eargo Company Information