4.4/5 (149 ratings)

About Eargo

Eargo is a health tech company that’s destigmatizing hearing loss through innovation. Eargo brings a refreshing brand to an archaic industry overrun by inflated prices, needless negotiations, and complex purchasing barriers. For the first time, there’s a brand that provides consumers with a modern buying experience, great technology, and a clear understanding of hearing health. Learn more today about the enhanced auditory experience Eargo has offered millions of people across America.

Pros

• Licensed, professional support
  • May be covered by federal benefits
  • Nearly invisible
  • Rechargeable hearing aids

Cons

• Not for profound hearing loss

Bottom Line

Eargo sells four hearing aid models with an open-fit, breathable design. While not appropriate for those with profound hearing impairment, Eargo provides quality devices for mild to moderate high-frequency hearing loss.

Eargo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

Originally, they told me the small Eargo size restricted addition of more features. Then about a year later they come out with two new models that would solve my objections. They offer no upgrade policy. So I offered $1000 to upgrade, which they turned down. They expect me to pay twice for lifetime audiology support and sales commission.

Eargo response

Hello Walter! We are sincerely sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with your Eargo experience, but we'd love to help make this right! We are going to have one of our Personal Hearing Professionals contact you directly for assistance from here. Please know that you can also reach our Client Care team at your convenience by emailing support@eargo.com, using the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or calling 1-800-615-9000. This team is available Monday-Friday between 8AM and 8PM CST.

Original review: Feb. 11, 2022

Since I got my Eargo hearing aids, I can feel more involved with conversations and I don't miss things as often. I still do to a certain degree but what I'm getting used to is it's not the same as having nothing. The sounds I'm picking up are the sounds that I don't even hear myself. When I get out of a chair, I hear all kinds of cranking and joints are making all kinds of noise, which I didn’t notice before. But the hearing aids are doing what I want them to do. Eargo's reps are also excellent and they all seem to be working with me in answering questions and solving any issues.

I know there's a learning curve it's just a matter of time and getting used to certain things. When I tap the hearing aids to adjust the volume, it doesn't work. But there were times when I'd like to be able to kick up the volume a little bit or reduce it a little bit, and that range seems to be limited. But since this is my first set of hearing aids, I really don't have expectations other than being able to hear better. But there is one thing that Eargo says is an advantage that I look at as a disadvantage. When you work with them, you never see anybody in person and that model sort of bothers me. I would rather have the other old-fashioned model. But I understand the way it could be a pretty good advantage for the population not to hop in the car, get the appointment, get out of the car, get to the appointment and so forth.

Eargo response

Hello Donald! Thank you for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We're so happy to hear that Eargo hearing aids are benefitting your hearing, and that you are satisfied with the support that we provide. Please know that we have a team of on-call hearing professionals that we can connect you with between 8AM and 6PM CST Mon-Fri if additional assistance with anything is needed. Also, our Client Care team is always happy to help and provide information! This team can be reached Mon-Fri 8AM-8PM CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2022

Like most things in life, the device worked fine. I heard fine and I could tell the difference. So, if I bought the hearing aid for that reason, which I did, I would be happy with it. But I had itchy ear and once, it got stuck in the canal and I had to go see a physician friend of mine to pull it out. That was when I decided that living with what they called moderate to severe hearing loss, which I thought was more moderate, was easier than using a hearing aid. I also had a hard time with the remote as it didn't work at times. I tried to increase the volume and it wouldn’t work. I called Eargo up and they gave me some excuse but they couldn't give me a good solution.

Finally, one of the Doctors of Audiology called me and said that he was going to program this hearing aid for me and I didn't have to use the remote anymore. But that was not what I paid for. I paid for the fact that I could program it myself. At certain days, I need it to be loud. On other days, I need it to have more background noise or I needed it differently. So, it seemed like this was not working as it should be and they were not willing to admit it. At that that time, I decided to send the hearing aid back. All in all, I was satisfied that the hearing aid was doing its job of increasing my sensitivity to the spoken word but I was unhappy with the side effects. I called Eargo, they sent me a return slip, I sent it back, and within seven to 10 days, the money was returned to my account. They lived up to their guarantee.

Eargo response

Hello Robert! Thank you for taking the time to share about your Eargo experience. We're sorry that Eargo hearing aids did not work out for you, but we appreciate you acknowledging that we honored your 45-day return and refund period. We are also happy to hear that you were overall satisfied with the hearing aids themselves, but do apologize again for any issues you encountered throughout your time with Eargo. We wish you luck on your hearing journey!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I like Eargo a lot better than others. I've tried to get more sophisticated hearing aids and those didn't work. It was an extremely expensive set of hearing aids I got from the VA and they just never could get them to get it right. I had one that gave me so much feedback in one ear. The story was it was the way my ear canal was configured and I never could get rid of the feedback. My Eargo hearing aids are easier to use. Right out of the box, you plug them in and stick the device in your ear and it works like a champ. The fact that it charges in the case is pretty convenient. Also, they don't have to hang over my ear. The product is a good value.

Eargo response

Hello William! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. We're so happy that you're happy with our product. Keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I have had Eargo for more than 2 months. They are everything Eargo said they would be. I have been wearing other hearing aids for over five yrs. This is what I think of Eargo. My wife can only hear out of one ear because of years of flying. When I told Eargo that I only need one I was informed you have to buy a complete pair. I like them so much I will be buying the pair to get one because they really work.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2022

I was pleased with the size of my Eargo hearing aids and the fact that they were in-canal. They also appeared to have good support and their reps have been very helpful. But I'm not happy with my hearing aids and I was going to look to return them. I have another call scheduled for Thursday, but I'm running out of my time period of 45 days to return them. So far, I'm not getting the results that I hoped for as far as the experience with the hearing aids. They amplify many other things that I don't need to hear any better, which pretty much drowns out what I do need to hear. I'm told that it's a matter of my brain adjusting, because I'm not used to hearing those things at the amplitude I do, but so far, it hasn't been working. My big problem is in conversations when there's background noise and that it has not improved much at all.

Eargo response

Hello Vince! Thank you for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We are so happy that you're pleased with the fit of your Eargo aids! We're sorry if Eargo hearing aids are not working out for you, but our team of hearing professionals should be able to get the devices to better benefit your hearing from here. Either way, we wish you luck on your hearing journey!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2022

Love the Eargos! I will be upgrading to the the 6’s soon but love the 5’s also. The 6’s offer some features I like such as automatic environment changing. Love the hearing aids and the customer service! The doctor I talk to responds very quickly!

Eargo response

Hello David! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2022

The Eargo fits all right. It has helped me.

Eargo response

Hello Thomas! Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Feb. 1, 2022

My wife bought the Eargo hearing aids for me. She liked that they were less likely to be seen and the price as well. The first guy that I talked to was very friendly, knowledgeable, and into it to get it done. I got a welcome call and the lady was very nice. However, they have no hours over the weekends to get ahold of them. I've been needing to talk to them for a week or two. The hearing aids have got modes that you can select like restaurant, phone, or TV. I thought that either the product would pick up on where you're at itself and change, but it does it one out of 100 times. Their videos even show that you can touch the device and change at least the volume but that does not work. That was the one thing that my wife thought she was getting. It's been made clear by Eargo that, no, this product doesn't because we wanted a small, discrete device.

Eargo response

Hello Mark! Thank you for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience. We do apologize if us being unavailable to provide support over the weekends causes any inconvenience, but it's great that you utilized our video guides! One of our Personal Hearing Professionals will be contacting you from here to assist you with your devices and address your concerns stated in this review. Please know that you can also contact our Client Care team at your convenience Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

My Eargo hearing aids are okay. Their customer service has been good. I got an email that said, “It’s time to clean your Eargo hearing aids.” I've been pleased. The woman that was assigned to me was good when I spoke with her on the phone. If somebody asked me, I'd recommend Eargo.

Eargo response

Hello Sydney! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We're so happy that you're ultimately pleased with the product and support that we provide. Please continue to recommend Eargo to others!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2022

The cost of Eargo was very reasonable and working with the reps was pleasant. My husband doesn't hear too well and if he doesn't have them in, he can't even hear his phone ring. But he loves them and finds them easy to use. The app is on his phone. The Eargo team has already had two follow-up calls regarding how they're working.

Eargo response

Hello Ilene! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Eargo hearing aids are excellent!!! The Eargo AP allows me to adjust for different social setting such as reducing background noise, watching TV, having dinner at a restaurant, playing cards with family and friends, etc. Eargo hearing aids are a lifesaver! THANK YOU Eargo!

Eargo response
Hello Diane! Thank you so much for taking the time to post about your Eargo experience! We truly appreciate you giving us the opportunity to help improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to

friends and family!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

The Eargo hearing aids were not the right fit for me. My hearing loss was somewhat mild and they're made for older people who have more severe hearing loss. I also suffer from Tinnitus and they did not help with that at all. But it was easy returning them and they offer a 45-day money-back guarantee. I was within the 45 days.

The devices were very expensive at $2650. So, by the time I got to day 40, I knew that they weren't going to work for me. I called Eargo back and they took the hearing aids back. The only problem was they kept $250. I'm going to call customer service and ask why they kept that. I'm hoping I can get that back too. But, I definitely recommend Eargo to anybody. They were very courteous and easy to work with.

Eargo response

Hello Gabriel! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We're sorry that our product did not work out for you, but we sincerely appreciate you giving Eargo hearing aids a try. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2022

Eargo had a 45-day wear guarantee so I tried them and they felt good. They were the better of the three that I tried. They're a little expensive for the quality but the fit and comfort were there.

Eargo response

Hello Douglas! Thank you for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

I have a more moderate hearing loss and it's an annoying one. I called Eargo and received the nicest and finest service I've ever encountered on the phone. The service person I spoke to answered so many questions for me and convinced me to give this a try without being pushy about it. I learned a lot from her. I love everything about the hearing aids such as the design. I wore them every day. I got feedback in my ears and I wasn't able to make them work. I returned the hearing aids last week. I spoke to someone at Eargo who couldn't have been nicer and told me what to do.

Eargo response

Hello Patricia! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We're sorry that Eargo hearing aids ultimately did not work out for you, but we're so happy to hear that you're happy with the support we provide. We wish you luck on your hearing journey!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2022

Eargo has Hit a Home Run in the Hearing Aid Industry! I have Owned and Used two Top Brand Hearing Aids, at a Much Higher Cost, and None Come Anywhere Near Comparing to my Eargo5 Hearing Aids in Quality of Sound and Comfort. I am Hearing things that I haven’t heard in Years, and Understanding Conversations like I have never before. Customer Service is Outstanding, and the Follow-Up E-Mails after Received is a Great Customer Service Tool, to Assist in Proper Use and Maintenance! Thank You Eargo for a Job and Product WELL DONE!!

Eargo response

Hello Ronnie! Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this wonderful review about your Eargo experience. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing as well as your business. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

I love the comfort, convenience and performance of these hearing aids, particularly when wearing glasses and pandemic face masks. BUT it is very disappointing that one hearing aid is completely dead after 16 months (beyond the 12 months warranty period). At $2,040 per pair, it's beyond discouraging to have one hearing aid die and be unrepairable. Throughout the 16 months, the EARGO audiologists I have spoken with have been very helpful and customer service has been very good. The hearing aid worked for 8 days after draining the battery for 16 hours and recharging it. After the 8 days, it quit for good. Further attempts to clean the hearing aid with compressed air, drain the battery and recharge were unsuccessful at restoring the hearing aid. I'm very sorry the product lasted only 44% of the expected 3 years.

Eargo response

Hello Mary! We're sorry to hear that your Eargo experience has not been completely positive. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing, and our Client Care team would be more than happy to continue providing assistance to you when needed. As a reminder, our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2021

I had problems in the beginning because the hearing aids weren't working right. I had techie kids who tried to help me but they couldn't get into the app and they were having technical problems with it. For a month, Eargo was kept telling me there was going to be an update on the software. Eventually, Eargo got their end straightened out and I was able to download the app. The hearing aids are fine. It's just they're hard to get used to and they make my ears itch. Other than that Eargo has their stuff together. Customer service was also very nice and helpful.

Eargo response

Hello Kenneth! Thank you for taking the time to write this review about your Eargo experience. We apologize for any issues you've experienced with your devices, but we are happy to hear that you're satisfied with the support we've provided you. If you need assistance with anything from here, our Client Care team is always happy to help! Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I'm a retired federal employee and Eargo's ad was saying that was free to federal employees. My hearing aids were fine when I first started wearing them. My hearing's much better but I'm only able to really wear one in the right ear. Having them both in doesn't work for me. I have not been wearing my Eargo lately. I have a sinus infection and when it gets behind your eardrum, it affects my hearing. Other than that, I'm satisfied with everything. People need to have their hearing checked so they know which ear they really need the help in. I've been tested and my hearing was not as good in my right ear as it was in my left ear. That's how I knew that I needed help.

Eargo response

Hello Amanda! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience. We're so happy to hear that you're overall satisfied with your Eargo hearing aids and that they do ultimately improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2021

I started looking at hearing aids not for the hearing loss but it was the symptom of the hearing loss, which is called tinnitus. It is a constant ringing in your ear 24 hours a day. Doctors told me there was nothing that would fix it and I gotta learn to live with it. I said that I was gonna figure something out. I researched and I found Eargo to be very highly rated as far as solving tinnitus. It was literally half the cost of a Miracle-Ear so I said that I was going to purchase it and see what happens. The tinnitus went away the moment I put the Eargo hearing aid in because I could hear. Eargo looks cool. I like the level of technology that they provide as far as having the charger, which is slick, as well as the app to control everything so I'm not having to manually touch my hearing aid if I wanted to control anything. It's all done via the app. T

The other great thing is you don't need to go in for any of this. When I talked to my audiologist about hearing aids, he told me not to go to a retail store because they are paid to sell the top of the line best of everything. I don't know what I don't know and that I’m going to get sold a bunch of stuff I don't need. He told me to do my research.

The online options with Eargo were good or I could come see them. They didn't have a preference either way because they don't get a commission on selling. So, I went online and ordered and the haring aids were shipped to me within two business days, which was amazing during all of the shipping delays we're having in this crazy world. They got me what I needed within two days, which was phenomenal. It was all online, which I liked. There was a hearing test option you could use to customize your hearing aid and I tried that but it wasn't for me. I went to the presets that they already have built-in and I love those.

Value equals money spent over expected outcome. So, I got a good value. I spent appropriately what I'm seeing online and at other stores what I should have spent. For example, one Miracle-Ear hearing aid that doesn't have the capabilities that this hearing aid has costs $4,000 for one hearing aid. I spent 2,950 for two. So, I rotate every other day to lengthen out the time.

I’ve gone out with friends and when I told them I've got tinnitus, they said that they’ve got it too and have been living with it for years. I pulled my Eargo charger out, which I always have with me, and I gave them my other hearing aid, and they put it in. They said the tinnitus was gone. I’ve sold six pairs and legend should be Eargo's term when they talk to me as a customer. I'm a 43 year old sales professional and my appearance is very important to me as far as my role is concerned in the corporate world. Walking around with a hearing aid, you end up with some sort of stigma. It's not like wearing glasses. I don't know why ears are different than eyes, but they are. And so, no one's ever seen this thing and it has changed my life. I went from crying on the couch and I could not play with my son because my tinnitus was so bad to having my life 100% back.

Eargo response

Hello Kevin! Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this incredible review of your Eargo experience. We're so thrilled that Eargo hearing aids make such a difference for your life. We sincerely appreciate your business, as well as you spreading the good word about Eargo to others! Please know that we do have a referral program if any of your friends end up purchasing Eargo's from here.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2021

The Eargo hearing aids were too big for my ears and they hurt my ears so bad that I could wear them one day, then I had to wait until the swelling went down for a couple of days before I could use them again. It just wasn't feasible for me, so I sent them back. But I would recommend them to anyone because that was my problem with my ears. They’re so small inside that they didn't fit but that they would be fine for anybody else. So I'm not really condemning the item.

Eargo response

Hello Caroline! We're so sorry that Eargo hearing aids did not work out for you, but thank you so much for still recommending our product to others! We wish you luck on your hearing journey from here, and thank you again for giving us a try.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2021

Eargo 5. No experience with other models. I had hearing aids from an audiologist about 15 years ago. I used them for about three years. They never really helped me hear the human voice in the settings I needed. (Meetings, restaurants, family gatherings). They were accidentally crushed on a business trip. I never bothered to replace them.

The last couple of years I decided I needed to try again. I did months of on-line research and set up an audiologist appointment at the same University medical center. Since it was several months out I decided I would try the hearing aids from two or three online sources using the trial periods offered. I went with Eargo first since I really didn't want over the ear models as I would likely throw them across the room on my construction projects when taking off masks, safety glasses, etc.

I have had the Eargo5 for about 60 days. I am keeping them and not moving on to other products. I clearly hear the human voice with reduced background noise. That was my goal and Eargo5 has provided that to me. I have had an issue with the app staying connected to the hearing aids, but that has not affected the clarity and the ability to have conversations in multiple settings without a tremendous effort on my part (funeral, wedding, family gatherings, TV watching, small group conversations). Eargo customer service in terms of adjusting and becoming comfortable with the hearing aids has been excellent.

Customer service for a technical issue was not so well managed by Eargo. With the exception of one person early on in trying to address the technical issue who listened and provided a potential fix (which didn't work), the other "tech" support only asked if the issue had resolved itself and how about scheduling an appointment for another consult. I eventually figured out the problem (retired problem solver). No tech appeared to have training in approaching an unusual technical issue in a structured thoughtful approach.

I contacted Eargo and gave them a more detailed description and they have said they would look to address their failing. Good response. As for long term durability and use, I can't comment at this time. Cost was between $2300 and $2500 with a couple of discounts to get me there (on-line special at Eargo and military discount). Summary... Love the Eargo5 and I think you would too if you have moderate hearing loss.

Eargo response

Hello Doug! Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about your Eargo experience. We sincerely appreciate your business, and the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Nov. 29, 2021

I'm disappointed with Eargo because I paid a couple hundred dollars for a very thorough audiology test and I learned that the main problem with my hearing then was hearing the endings and beginnings of words rather than volume. And I don't know how to adjust that on my Eargo. At first, I thought the four programs were four levels of volume, but now I understand that I can program them for crowds, meetings and watching TV. I don't know how to change the volume though. I see treble and bass, but I don't like that you can only adjust it when your Eargo Hearing Aids are in their charging unit. So, I can't hear the adjustment to know if it's a good one. I would like a one-time in-person audiologist to help me deal with my Eargo. But I like the size that the hearing aids are nearly invisible. The price was very fair and I like the charging case. They're comfortable and don't go around your ear like the one I had earlier.

Hello Louise!

Thank you for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience so far! We're very happy to hear that you like the price, charging case, and invisibility of the devices, but we're sorry that you are having trouble with the volume and in making adjustments to your aids. A case has been created for one of our hearing professionals to contact you from here to assist you and address your concerns. We do not offer in-person audiologist appointments, but we can arrange for a video call between you and a hearing professional if interested.

In addition, our Client Care team is always happy to assist! Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2021

For the most part, I've been satisfied with Eargo. But I've had some trouble charging them sometimes and a few times when I was working, like pounding a nail with a hammer, the new level would keep going up and that was a little disconcerting. But one time, I experienced loud background noises and it seemed to work okay with that. Also, the people I talked to on the phone were good. When I first went on the internet, I didn't know there were several kinds and the portion I was watching was for a different model, which sort of bothered me. But I called and they explained how to get to the right computer window. Other than that, I went with Eargo because of those ads on TV saying postal workers could get the hearing aid for free. I checked up on it and my insurance company had to pay, but there was no out of pocket costs for me.

Eargo response

Hello Harlan! Thank you so much for sharing about your Eargo experience! We sincerely appreciate your business and the opportunity to improve your hearing.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2021

We got one for my husband and I'm enjoying it. He has ringing in his ears that kept him from hearing things constantly. Before we got Eargo, I would be saying something to him with the television on and he couldn't hear that over the ringing. But now, he can. It's easier to communicate with it and he says it's the same at work. But he said that some things are too loud. Other than that, the customer service has been great. Right now, we're having a little issue and they're giving me a way to resolve that.

Eargo response

Hello Mrs. S! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We are so happy to hear that you're happy with our product and the support that we provide our clients. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others, and continue feeling free to reach out if assistance with anything from here is needed!

Original review: Nov. 26, 2021

I'm a retired federal employee and one day, I got something in the mail that said that some of the payment for the Eargo hearings aids would be covered. Eventually, all of it was covered, which was great. I love them and with them, I hear a lot better. They have 1, 2, 3, and 4 options and I keep them at 2. I just told somebody about them yesterday. Eargo's reps were great as well. But I don't know what that one tool is in there. It's got a little spin thing with a roller and I don't know how to use it. Other than that, I got no complaints. I can tell when I don't have them in, when I go to work. There's a big difference.

Eargo response

Hello Andy! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your Eargo experience! We're so happy that you're so happy with our product, and that your new hearing aids do make a difference for your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2021

So far, Eargo has been great. I had a problem with one of the hearing aids the other day and made a call to the number I had. They walked me through step by step and helped me fix it up. The reps have answered my questions every time. I talked to a girl in Nashville where I'm from and she was like, “When you come over to see your mom, stop by the office. We'd like to meet our people.”

However, everything's so loud with the Eargo. I was in an outside mall right after I got them and I kept hearing something flop like the big signs they hang which flop when they get loose. I thought there was a sign somewhere and I was looking up. I was thinking, “These people are gonna think I'm crazy.” A lady walked by with flip flops and I had heard her flip flops coming. The Eargo takes getting used to. But when you get used to it, it's wonderful to be able to hear.

Eargo response

Hello Brenda! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review about your Eargo experience so far! We're so happy that Eargo is improving your hearing, and that you're satisfied with the support that our Client Care team has provided!

If you need additional assistance in getting used to your devices or with anything else, our Client Care team is always happy to help. As a reminder, our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Thank you for choosing Eargo, and please keep spreading the good word about us to others!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2021

I have been using my Eargo 5's for two months, and it has been an all-around wonderful experience. I have mild to moderate high-frequency hearing loss, plus I developed tinnitus about 6 months ago, which was driving me crazy. The tinnitus was bothering me more than the hearing loss, but it made me look into hearing aids, because I know that auditory deprivation can cause or make tinnitus worse. The problem is that I'm too vain to wear hearing aids that are visible, and I know that I wouldn't use them enough to be of help. It seemed to me that Eargo was just what I was looking for, and I decided to give it a try.

At first it was a bit of a shock to hear things that I hadn't heard in many years, and it was a bit overwhelming. Also, initially the sound of my own voice was annoying, but I was amazed at how quickly I adjusted to it. Most of all, I'm so happy that when I wear my Eargos, I don't notice my tinnitus. Since my tinnitus is very high pitch buzz, the Eargos boost the ambient sounds in that register, and at least for me, it is very helpful. Not a cure, but a huge help during the day. I still need to use masking sounds at night when I sleep.

During the two months that I have been wearing the Eargos, nobody has noticed (as far as I know) that I am wearing hearing aids. My vanity prevails! I did have a connectivity issue about three weeks into using them, where I wasn't able to change programs using the app anymore. I was able to contact customer service, who advised me to uninstall the app and reinstall it. That helped for a couple of days, but then it was a problem again. Another customer representative advised me to leave the Eargos out of the charger overnight to let the batteries completely run down, then recharge them. That fixed the issue, and they've been working great ever since. All around, I'm very happy with my purchase, and it has greatly improved my quality of life. I especially enjoy walking through the park and hearing birds chirping again, rather than the buzzing in my ears from tinnitus!

Eargo response

Hello Ken! Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review about your Eargo experience. We could not be happier that Eargo has improved your hearing and has helped with your tinnitus. We sincerely appreciate your business, as well as you spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2021

Updated on 11/23/2021: Eargo still refuses to honor their warranty after Consumer Affairs response. They now want $295 from me after $2000 paid. Eargo lied to public Consumers Affairs in their public response. Do not buy from Eargo. You would be very dissatisfied as I am. Shameful and greedy.

Original Review: Eargo charged $2000.00 for my hearing aids. One needed repair after 2 months and will not honor warranty. Eargo wants $262.00 more. I have been disappointed with their hearing aids. Very cheap but only asked for warranty repair. They refuse.

Eargo response

Hello Nels. We can confirm that we do honor our warranty. It appears that you are still within this warranty time-frame until 2022 if a replacement is needed after working through troubleshooting steps with our Client Care team. We will be having a representative from this team contact you shortly, or please feel free to contact us at your convenience. As a reminder, our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2021

With the Eargo hearing aids, the users do the hearing test themselves, and the hearing aids are programmed to amplify the frequencies that they lost, so it is like their hearing is restored in those frequencies that they need. I use my hearing aids every day and I've definitely got a range of frequency that my ears don't hear. Also, I've talked with customer service several times and corresponded with them by email, and they are very responsive, helpful, nice and professional.

Eargo response

Hello Dennis! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this positive review! We're so happy that you're happy with the product and the support that we provide our clients. We sincerely appreciate your business, and the opportunity to improve your hearing!

Eargo Company Information