4.5/5 (143 ratings)

About Eargo

Eargo is a health tech company that’s destigmatizing hearing loss through innovation. Eargo brings a refreshing brand to an archaic industry overrun by inflated prices, needless negotiations, and complex purchasing barriers. For the first time, there’s a brand that provides consumers with a modern buying experience, great technology, and a clear understanding of hearing health. Learn more today about the enhanced auditory experience Eargo has offered millions of people across America.

Pros

• Licensed, professional support
  • May be covered by federal benefits
  • Nearly invisible
  • Rechargeable hearing aids

Cons

• Not for profound hearing loss

Bottom Line

Eargo sells four hearing aid models with an open-fit, breathable design. While not appropriate for those with profound hearing impairment, Eargo provides quality devices for mild to moderate high-frequency hearing loss.

Eargo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

I applaud Eargo’s business model of supplying a first rate product and following up with an excellent support system of professionals to ensure a successful customer experience. I previously tried another hearing-aid company. I spent double what Eargo charges and got an inferior product and minimal support. After 2 weeks, I returned the hearing aids. I was a little hesitant about an online purchase, but the follow-up and support staff allayed any fears. My experience has been most positive. I highly recommend the product and the company.

Eargo response

We appreciate the Eargo recommendation! Thank you for the excellent review.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2022

My hearing aids did not fit me well and were very uncomfortable. I couldn't use them. It needed to be adjusted far greater than Eargo could provide. And also, in-ear was not the best for my type of hearing loss. It ended up blocking some of the hearing that I have naturally. So, only somebody who could have somewhat more sophisticated than what you can get online would have known that. But if they are the right fit for people, they're a very good product. I returned my Eargos months ago and the process was very easy. They are a very coordinated company.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2022

Eargo’s hearing aids work fine for me and I could probably wear more than I do. There were a couple of changes that they made and it helped completely. This is my first real pair that I kept and I'm happy with them. They're a very good bargain.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2022

Eargo’s hearing aids are very convenient. It serves the purpose for what I need right now. I like the in-canal unit. It’s easy to use and I haven't had any problems with it so far. When I first got them, the reps called and got everything set up. And I've had a couple of follow-up calls. They fulfilled their obligations.

Original review: Sept. 24, 2022

Eargo Hearing Aids - Even though I did a lot of research before buying Eargos, I am amazed and pleasantly surprised. I looked for four things: unnoticeable, rechargeable batteries, smartphone control and good sound. Eargo has all four plus fantastic support people, how-to videos and written material. Here’s more: Unless I tell them, no one can see my Eargos. I regularly get 12 to 14 hours of uninterrupted use on a single overnight charge with almost 25% charge remaining. I am hearing sounds that I haven’t heard for many years. Now, without Eargos, everything sounds muffled. Excellent hearing aids.

Eargo response

So happy to hear that your Eargos have left you amazed and pleasantly surprised. Excellent review! Thank you!

Original review: Sept. 22, 2022

My 3 year experience with Eargo rates an A+. I love the product quality as much as I love the size of the device. It’s almost a no-brainer to use and cleaning is easy. The sound is very good and the easy setting taps help me set the level I need wherever I am. The service is exceptional, the people are friendly and easy to work with. I never have to wait long to speak with someone, which is one of the best things about this fine company. They take my happiness seriously.

Eargo response

We sincerely appreciate the A+ rating and we're glad that you love your Eargos!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

As a long-time Eargo user, I am honestly thrilled with my Eargo 6s. Eargo has continuously strived to improve their products not only through technological improvements but, just as importantly, customer feedback. All aspects of the product - amplification qualify, sound control, charging, comfort, ease in cleaning, reliability - have consistently improved with each generation. With the 6s, it is honestly difficult to see how Eargo can improve and raise the bar further.

Eargo response

Thank you for trusting Eargo and for your kinds words!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

I have been very pleasantly surprised by the comfort, performance and support I've had during my first month with the Eargo 6. While I have never worn hearing aids before, I am sufficiently vain enough to know that I only really wanted to wear a device that was virtually invisible. When I received them, I initially informed only a few of those closest to me that I was wearing them. Needing to wear a hearing aid doesn't bother me any more than wearing glasses/contact lenses and I've been doing that for over 50 years, but I wanted to get a sense of the "before and after" without any confirmation bias affecting my opinion.

Customer service has been extremely helpful both during the initial purchase as well as during a follow-up with a hearing specialist who was able to fine-tune my initial setup along with advising me which petals would work best with my situation. Most of my problems occur in crowded/noisy situations (bowling alley, restaurants) and I really like the ability to tailor the Eargo to allow me to hear conversations that were problematic. One particular friend of mine (Dan) has a voice which is mostly lower frequencies to begin with, so hearing him while bowling was a recurring problem. I'm happy to say that I can hear Dan much more clearly this year. When I confided in him that I was now wearing the Eargo, he asked me to share that info with two similarly-aged teammates who also have trouble hearing him!

Most of the adjustment has been reconditioning my ears to the new frequencies that I haven't been hearing in years. Certain frequencies still cause some metallic "ringing" and I'm not sure if that's an adjustment that I'm still growing accustomed to or one that might need a tweak or two. Suffice to say, I'm very happy with the Eargo 6.

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are so glad that you decided to try Eargo. Please feel free to reach out to our support team if you need anything!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

The aids are the best I have tried and are much more comfortable than the over the ear and internal ones I have used in the past. To ensure the best fit for me I submitted my hearing test to one of their doctors who then provided an update directly to my aids. You can also run your own test and update/personalize them yourself. Also the customer support is outstanding.

Eargo response

We appreciate you sharing your experience and are so glad to hear you are enjoying your Eargos!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2022

Have been taking it slow and being very critical for various situation as to how to get the most for my Eargo neo hifi... I found out I needed more base added for program 1 and 2 and I didn't use program 3 and 4.

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please feel free to contact us directly if you need anything. We are always happy to help!

Original review: Aug. 26, 2022

I just wanted to say that I am more than pleased with these Eargo Hearing Aids. They work better than expected. And the folks at Eargo have been great to work with. I was amazed at how quickly my brain adjusted to the new sounds and how comfortable these aids are - in short order I didn't feel them at all.

Eargo response

Wow! We are so happy to hear that you're pleased with our hearing aids!

Original review: Aug. 25, 2022

I decided to try Eargo, after a neighbor tried them. They work great, fit great, the Eargo specialist work with you to get the best fit. The customer service, cannot be beat. They help you in every way needed, and quickly. My mother in law got hers at Costco, and she wishes she had gotten hers from Eargo, hers fit outside the ear, and she has to go back to Costco, wait in line and try to fix them -I.e. the adjustments if needed etc. Eargo's specialists can literally do it with a phone call or email, and they teach you how to- but if you can’t get it right, like me-I just emailed or texted. They fix it- I showed them to my fellow tea ladies, they were amazed how small they are but powerful.

Eargo response

We are so glad you decided to try Eargo. Please keep spreading the word!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2022

I like the flexibility with being able to tune the Eargo hearing aids myself. However, the hearing aids are fragile. Eargo has already replaced one set for free. The hearing aids just stopped communicating with the charger. But the people that will call you and walk you through things are good customer support. I’ve dealt with at least two technicians. They're interested in keeping you happy.

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing. We are always happy to help and our support team is there to make sure you do well with our hearing aids.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2022

I have found the EARGO 6 to be a HUGE improvement over my previous "behind the ear" hearing aids. I wear glasses and along with a covid mask. The old type hearing aids were always in the way or being pulled off with the mask. The convenience of the EARGO 6 being in the ear and out of the way is wonderful. They have really improved my 76 year old hearing much more than the behind the ear ones did. Sounds are clear and with the built in ability to create a sound profile for each of my ears makes these truly fully custom to my needs.

Being able to fine tune all of the important setting with the app instead of having to get an appointment with an audiologist. The plus of having the really excellent support of Eargo's people makes these units the best available for my needs. Being an Engineer I ask a lot of technical questions and have had all of them answered promptly, usually by the person I was talking to - their people have a wide knowledge of hearing aids and auditory interfacing. The support from the company is easy to obtain, quick to respond and everyone I have talked to have been very knowledgeable and very pleasant to work with.

Eargo response

So happy to hear that your are enjoying the fit and performance of your Eargo hearing aids!

Original review: Aug. 18, 2022

I recently purchased this device and it has made a huge difference in my quality of life. It takes about two weeks to get use to using these, but after that, you forget that you have them in. I recommend this for people with mild hearing loss. I can now hear high frequencies again, like spring peepers (little frogs)!

Eargo response

Thank you so much for sharing your Eargo experience! So happy that we were able to help you and really appreciate the recommendation.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

The Eargo 6 hearing aids have opened my ears to frequencies I haven't heard in years. The clarity and clearness are awesome. The app is easy to use and gives me the ability to change volume, noise filter, and programs right from my mobile phone. I would recommend Eargo 6 if asked by anyone with a hearing loss.

Eargo response

Thank you so much for sharing your Eargo experience! So glad that you're pleased with our hearing aids.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

The charging system is terrible; I bought these in June 2021. The charging system never worked from the beginning. But to get a replacement charger I had to call, text, and email at least a dozen times. Then finally, they agreed to replace the charger but not until I sent the old charger to them. Meaning I would be without hearing aides for a week. After begging, they agreed to send the charger if I promised to return the one that did not work. A little over a year from the purchase date, I cannot change the preset programs, and they will not keep a charge. After my first experience with support, I decided to trash them and purchase another brand. Don't buy. You will regret it.

Eargo response

Hello Danny. We're so sorry to hear that you have not been satisfied with your Eargo experience. It appears that you're well within the warranty for your Eargo devices until 2023 and we would be happy to assist you in troubleshooting or getting you replacement devices if needed, and if you still have your Eargo charger and hearing aids. Based on this review, it seems as though there has been miscommunication regarding our exchange process, and we do apologize again for that. The process to receive proper support from our Client Care team should be very pleasant, helpful, and straightforward. Someone from our team will be contacting you directly from here to see if we can turn your experience around for you!

Original review: Aug. 10, 2022

The Eargo hearing aids are more discreet in terms of the fitting and they don't cost as much as other standard behind the ear hearing aids. Eargo improves my hearing. I pick up higher frequency sounds that I normally wouldn't hear. When I'm outside, I hear birds chirping. Otherwise, I wouldn't hear. I had scheduled an appointment early on right after I’ve gotten my hearing aids for somebody to review with me the setup, how they were working and fine tuning them. They canceled that appointment at the last minute. I would have liked, at least, a phone call with more lead time on that one. The other thing they could do a better job at is periodically following up with people at certain intervals to check on them and see how they're doing. I feel that they leave you out there on your own. I know I can call them back but I still think it would have been good from a customer service standpoint to generate some follow-up phone calls. But overall, their customer support is good.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2022

The Eargo hearing aids work very well. The cost was a little high, but they are very good to work with. I like the idea where you can charge them. You don't have to put batteries in them. Their team has also been very good and helpful. I would recommend them.

Eargo response

We appreciate you sharing your Eargo experience and the recommendation!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I’m delighted with the enhanced hearing I’m experiencing with the Ergo 6. At times I’ve turned the volume down as it’s little loud. I love the digital feature. With arthritic fingers it's great to plug it in and recharge it with no batteries to ever worry with. The device is very easy to clean, as are the ear pieces.. It’s truly great to be able to hear again! Arle **

Eargo response

So glad you're enjoying your Eargos! Thank you for sharing.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

Having tried a variety of amplifiers in the $2-300 range, I felt it was time to pay more see if the difference in cost was worth it. For me, after a full month I would have to say it is worth the money. I’m nearly 79 and years of working in heavy (metal on metal) manufacturing has taken its toll. The Eargo6’s are a quality in-the-ear product. The hearing test is first rate. The app makes the product very friendly/useful. The customer service (audiologist) has been very informative and friendly. The product does exactly what I was promised. During last week’s vacation on Cape Cod, my oldest son remarked, ”Dad, you haven’t said "what" once this week." The Eargo6’s are a very good investment. Highly recommend.

Eargo response

What a great recommendation! So glad to hear you are doing well with your Eargo hearing aids.

Original review: July 30, 2022

My Eargo hearing aids are good. I get a little tired of cleaning them all the time, but you have to do that with all of them. With the previous ones I had, I didn't like that the battery was on the outside and it went around the back of your ear. They were just a pain in the neck. If a battery goes dead in a week's time, you're going to spend a heck of a lot of money on batteries. And they weren't cheap. The ones I got now are 100% better. I like the fact that they charge up the batteries themselves and they’re small.

Eargo response

Thank you for sharing your Eargo experience. We're so happy to hear that you are enjoying our hearing aids!

Original review: July 27, 2022

I returned the hearing aids within the trial period. That was my first experience with that kind of hearing device, and while I liked the benefit, they were completely in my ear canal. My ear canal on the right is much bigger than the one on the left, and every time I used the hearing aids, my wife wound up having to get the tweezers to pull that thing out of my head. I'm new to the device, so it itched and I would put my finger up there. Every time, I would jam that thing down farther and farther until it would slip past the point of me being able to get it, so I would come to my wife with the tweezers and she's like, "Again?"

I travel for work, and there's no way I can be on the road in a hotel without my wife and this thing stuck in my ear. I tried the bigger earpieces and it still didn't work. Apart from that, Eargo's follow up, explanations, and in-service training were a 5. I dealt with a couple of different people, and they were thorough and no gimmicks. It was a good experience, but the product didn't work for me even though they worked properly.

Eargo response

We're sorry the Eargo hearing aids didn't work out for you. Thank you sharing your thoughts on the overall experience and we're glad it was a good one despite the fit issues.

Original review: July 26, 2022

I have been wearing Behind the Ear hearing aids for over 14 years. These Eargo 6s work better than my $6000 BTEs!! I can finally hear my husband with his back to me! He said I never could hear him like that before! The fact that they are 1/2 the price is another plus he likes ;). Very happy with them and NO MORE BATTERIES!!! And the charge has lasted all day - 15 hours. I'm so glad I decided on these because the BTEs felt like they could fall out every time I put my glasses on and a mask. You can program them yourself on their app and it provides the same sound hearing test I've done a hundred times in a soundproof booth. Excellent price, product and service!! THANK YOU EARGO!

Eargo response

So happy to read your review here and see that you are enjoying your Eargos so much! Thank YOU!!!

Original review: July 26, 2022

I ordered hearing aids that I had to send back ‘cause they didn't fit right. Eargo sent me the next one up, and that worked. I’m still getting used to them though. It sounds like I got birds chirping in my ears. When I first put them in, it lasted about 30 minutes, but now, I don't notice it very much. Overall, I like Eargo a lot, and I’d tell people to go and try them.

Eargo response

We appreciate you telling others about Eargo! If you ever need assistance, our support team and hearing professionals are always happy to help!

Original review: July 25, 2022

When I put my Eargos in, they were absolutely excellent, and I was very pleased with them. At the moment though, there’s something wrong with my right Eargo. After 15 to 20 minutes, it starts clicking and jumping from one volume to another. That started happening two weeks ago. I thought it was from moisture or something got in there, so I left the device on charge, hoping anything would just dissipate. I tried the device yesterday, and it lasted 30 minutes. It was right back to its old self doing the same old thing. It's absolutely useless and I intended to call up about it.

I haven't had my Eargos that long, and my right Eargo didn't last that long. Now, I have my old hearing aid in my right ear. On the other hand, my left Eargo is working perfect, and I have no problem with that at all. The hearing is very good, and there's very little regenerative feedback, if any at all. The volume controls are right on the money too. I can bring them up where I want them, and that's quite simple. I also like the idea of being able to get on my iPhone and set the frequency response to them.

Eargo response

Hello Joseph! Thank you for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience, although we are sorry to hear that you have had any trouble with your Eargo devices. One of our Personal Hearing Professionals will be contacting you directly from here to assist with the issues occurring, as well as to answer any questions that you may have about the app or anything else with your devices! We appreciate your business as well as your feedback.

Original review: July 18, 2022

Never thought I could afford them but they did get me financing with a low payment. Customer service is awesome and they set up conference calls if you would like to go over any concerns you may have. I’m hearing sounds I never heard before.

Eargo response

So great to hear that you are enjoying your Eargo hearing aids and the support that comes with them!

Original review: July 18, 2022

I discussed purchasing hearing aids with EARGO. They answered all my questions. I purchased them about 1.5 months ago and have been very happy with hearing aids and all the followup from Eargo customer service. I have hearing aids that went over your ears, but I didn't like them and rarely ever wore them.

Eargo response

We're glad you found Eargo and you're happy with both our devices and customer service!

Original review: July 17, 2022

I liked the fact that with Eargo, it was in-the-ear and there was an app to control the volume. I returned my initial hearing aids because there was a buzzing in the ear that had the most severe hearing loss. Although I couldn't hear it, somebody that was standing or sitting next to me could hear it. Anybody that I spoke with at Eargo was great. They tried adjusting the hearing aid from their end and my end. In the end, the technician felt it was just the particular type of aid that probably wasn't conducive to my loss.

Now, I have an over-the-ear aid, which now I'm having trouble with because I wear glasses and headbands and it's starting to irritate me. I was gonna go to Eargo today because the hearing aid is a little bit difficult to get in as well. When I took the aid out, the little end part on it stayed in my ear. It was too big and Eargo didn't have the correct size when I was there.

Eargo response

Thank you so much for sharing your Eargo experience! Although our hearing aids aren't designed for your type of hearing loss, we're glad you gave us a chance and were pleased with our support team.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I've had my Eargo Hearing Devices for about 3 months now. I have a specific type of hearing loss where I have a hard time understanding conversations. I worked with an Eargo Hearing Specialist who opened a whole world of frequency profiles, I was not aware of. I now can hear conversations clearly with minimal background noise. I'm very happy with my Eargo Hearing Devices. I can hear again!

Eargo response

Wow! The experience you shared makes all of us at Eargo so happy!

Eargo Company Information