4.4/5 (149 ratings)

About Eargo

Eargo is a health tech company that’s destigmatizing hearing loss through innovation. Eargo brings a refreshing brand to an archaic industry overrun by inflated prices, needless negotiations, and complex purchasing barriers. For the first time, there’s a brand that provides consumers with a modern buying experience, great technology, and a clear understanding of hearing health. Learn more today about the enhanced auditory experience Eargo has offered millions of people across America.

Pros

• Licensed, professional support
  • May be covered by federal benefits
  • Nearly invisible
  • Rechargeable hearing aids

Cons

• Not for profound hearing loss

Bottom Line

Eargo sells four hearing aid models with an open-fit, breathable design. While not appropriate for those with profound hearing impairment, Eargo provides quality devices for mild to moderate high-frequency hearing loss.

Eargo Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Eargo?

Original review: June 25, 2022

I’ve been using a hearing aid in one ear and Eargo could not even turn it up loud enough to help me. I don't have any bone in that ear. I had a virus get in there and it ate my bone away. That was three years ago. I’ve been using a hearing aid just in that ear and then, my hearing in the other ear also went down significantly. I have a regular hearing aid but the other hearing aid is on the outside of the ear and I needed something inside the ear so that I don’t get the wind noise going through. So, Eargo seemed like the option. It's not as good as a regular hearing aid but it's not bad. The interaction with the guy who originally set it up for me was excellent.

Eargo response

Hi Mark! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Happy to hear that the support and the interaction that you received was satisfactory. Please don't hesitate to contact our team if you have any questions or need assistance with anything. We are always happy to help!

Original review: June 22, 2022

The Eargo 6 is a great device. Hearing aid quality is superb and they are so small that you can't see them. I would highly recommend them to anyone who has a 'thing' about wearing hearing aids but know that they need some help. Check with your insurance plan first to see if they cover (mine covered 100%) and then you must file the claim on your own, which in my case with Blue Cross was really easy. I had my refund in 2 weeks.

Eargo response

Hello Mark! We sincerely appreciate the great review and you recommending Eargo hearing aids to other people out there they may benefit from our devices.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I really like the Eargo 6, which replaced a behind-the-ear set I bought a few years back. I'm still wearing masks because of Coronavirus, and I were glasses, and there simply wasn't enough room behind my ears for hearing aids. Now I don't have to worry about it. I also like how small they are and virtually invisible. Rechargeable batteries are another nice feature. No more changing batteries every few days. Initially, I couldn't get the Bluetooth sync to work, so Eargo quickly replaced them. Now I've had them a month or so and really like them. I still have some relatively minor problems with high frequency distortion, but a company audiologist has been working with me to find a solution.

Eargo response

Hello Phil! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review and share your experience with others! We appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing. And we’re so glad to hear that you’re happy with Eargo and our support team! Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or need assistance with anything. We are always happy to help!

Original review: June 17, 2022

I am now on my second set of Eargo hearing aids (currently Eargo 6, previously Eargo 4). I have also purchased and used much more expensive high-end hearing aids from Phonak and Oticon. I can honestly say that Eargo has been the best by far for me. I love not worrying about a wire over the ear getting caught in face masks, hats, glasses, etc, I love the invisibility. Best of all, hearing improvement is as good or better than the other models. Support was excellent. I took the hearing test but then got an additional fine tuning assist from an Eargo audiologist (my hearing in one ear was much worse than the other). ** My only negative, which I hope Eargo will pay attention to: I still get calls from Eargo marketers asking if I'm interested in purchasing. Can't you guys manage to update your database?

Eargo response

Hi Marvin, Thank you so much for sharing a review of your experience with Eargo! So glad to hear that your are enjoying our hearing aids and the support you've received. We'll make sure to update our records and please feel free to reach out if you need anything!

Original review: June 17, 2022

I have been very happy with the purchase of these hearing aids. I knew I wanted something that went into my ear canal rather than a behind the ear aid. These fit the bill perfectly. No one can see the aids and they're completely unnoticeable unless someone looks for the removal thread and happens to notice it. The amount of technology and features that are built into these hearing aids is phenomenal. From the the different programs to the bluetooth charger everything works as advertised and as it should. I have been very happy with the purchase and after sale support that I have received from Eargo. I would highly recommend these aids to anyone interested in their design and features.

Eargo response

Hey Eric! So glad to read that you're happy with the fit and performance of your Eargos!

Original review: June 17, 2022

I appreciate the sound quality of these over the much more expensive units I had purchased from an audiologist. I can hear in a variety of situations from home to work and restaurants/social situations. Online meetings are no longer a struggle for me.

Eargo response

Hello John! Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding Eargo hearing aids. Glad to hear that you are enjoying the sound quality, the affordability and the lifestyle improvements!

Original review: June 17, 2022

How can something so small change your life so much? These little devices are absolutely life changing - virtually invisible in your ear and the service and support from Eargo has been amazing. After having my new Eargo 6's for a week I went to Sunday church and for the first time in about 5 years actually clearly heard every word my pastor had to say. And no one could tell I was wearing top notch state of the art hearing devices. These are really life changing and Eargo really goes out of its way to help you succeed and get the most out of these miracle devices. The staff at Eargo before my purchase and after have been fantastic being knowledgeable - kind - professional and really wanting you to succeed in life changing new hearing. I just cannot more highly recommend any product more.

Eargo response

Hello! So happy to hear that our little devices are helping change lives like yours! Nothing makes us prouder and we appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing.

Original review: June 14, 2022

The sound of my Eargo hearing aid is a little bit mechanical, not purely digital. It’s a little bit unnatural. The second problem that I had was a lot of chiming. I’m trying to make an adjustment with the volume and noise filter. Otherwise, the chiming is still disturbing. But it only happens in the right year. Left year though, it hasn't caused any problem. But the quality is good. I am able to communicate much better with other people and talk back and forth and do some arguments with lawyers and other professional people.

Eargo response

Hello Kamal! We're sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced with your Eargo devices. For adjustments to be made to your Eargo hearing aids, we have on-call Hearing Professionals that we would love to connect you with! Our support teams are always more than happy to assist!

Original review: June 13, 2022

I shopped for at least three years for hearing aids. My hearing loss was classified as moderate, but I knew I still needed help. More and more people were having to repeat themselves to me. When I landed at my audiologist’s office for an assessment and recommendation, I told her I really wanted an in-the-canal device, so it would not be seen. She immediately told me that I would not like it and the sound would not be good. “She’s the expert”, so I bought the wrap around ear type device. When I went to my fitting, I IMMEDIATELY didn’t like them. They were flimsy, would fall off the back of my ear, and worse…you could see them because of my short hair. So, I was stuck with them.

I wore them a few months, but after having to constantly reinstall a new battery, and the fact that anyone would notice and see that I was wearing a hearing aid, I quit wearing them. I’m really not vain, it’s just that it was so conspicuous. It always felt like there was something fragile on my ear that the wind would blow off at any moment.

Speed up a couple of years and after studying and researching the best I could, I ordered an EARGO sample kit. They were actually “the” devices, with no circuitry or “guts” to them. You could put them in your ear, and feel the fit, and the invisible effect of the in-the-canal type device. It was great, immediately. After calling EARGO and asking a million questions, and then calling back again to ask more questions, I finally placed my order. I was scared. I had already spent thousands of dollars. What if this was just another purchase with “pie-in-the-sky” promises?!!!! “It probably was”, I thought.

My EARGO 6’s came quickly in the mail! I was excited, but very skeptical. They had promised my complete satisfaction or my money back. They had promised if I had any problems, there would be a technical person or audiologist to help me through any problems. They had promised they would exchange any device that wasn’t working properly. They had promised they would “hold my hand” through any problem, with a warranty of three years! It was too good to be true.

SO...I put them in the self-charging cradle to “sync” and charge for a few hours. I literally was pacing the floor with excitement to put them in. The little “ready” light let me know “it was THE time”! I put them in each ear and heard the voice that they were “ready”. BAM! Instantly, the sounds in the room were beautiful! Immediately, I noticed how rich voices and music were. I noticed the higher tones and the lower tones that I had been missing were there. It felt like when you see those people who put on color blind glasses for the first time. They are in awe of the colors. That’s sort of the same thing I experienced, only with sound.

I was assigned my own audiologist, Dr. Ashley **. She reached out to me and made an appointment to walk through the installation, syncing, and setup of my devices. She not only was kind and patient with me, she was aware of my audiogram, and helped me make program adjustments that were designed specifically for “my” needs. She has since, been available by phone or email at any time I needed her. Ok. You may say, “everything went well for you, you’re just lucky”. No, I had several problems and she resolved them. I even had a problem she wasn’t satisfied that really resolved an issue. She had new devices sent to me to replace the ones that had the problem! I really couldn’t believe the service and the immediate action that was taken!

I wanted to sit down and write this sooner, but I also wanted to wait and see if EARGO was too good to be true. Nope. They’re really as good as their promise, and I highly recommend them. The sound is great, they’re invisible, their service and warranty promise has been kept, and I love them! I’m writing this because I needed this kind of information from a user to help me in my decision making process. Thank you Ashley. Thank you EARGO.

Eargo response

Hello Mark! Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review. We sincerely appreciate your business, as well as the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please continue spreading the good word about Eargo to others, and please don't hesitate to contact our support team should you need any assistance with anything!

Resolution response: June 14, 2022

Eargo called me and send the cleaning tool with no cost.

Original review: June 10, 2022

I have a pair of Eargo 6, I was really happy with them. Turns out that by mistake someone throw away my cleaning tool that came with the kit, I said to myself, don’t worry, you just need to call and order a new one. Wrong, they don’t carry that little tool… When I called in to ask, because it wasn’t on the web page, they told me “buy a soft toothbrush and it will work better”. There are some tiny holes that needs to be cleaned and the tool was marvelous to do the job. Now I don’t have anything proper to do it, and for a devices that cost almost $3000 what I spect is to have full back up from the factory.

I was about to order new petals and mic caps, but I will use the ones that I have until they don’t work anymore and then I will switch to another brand. It’s a shame because the devices work fine if your hearing loss it’s not severe, but what can we expect from a company that doesn’t have the cheapest part of a kit when it comes the moment that you need the expensive ones? Honestly I don’t recommend this brand, not because the product doesn’t work, it does, but there aren’t any warranty that they will have the parts when you need them.

Eargo response

Hello Nils! We sincerely apologize for any feelings of disappointment with our product and support. We appreciate your feedback. We understand your frustration regarding us not replacing your cleaning brush, but the suggestions for substitutes made by our Client Care team do tend to work great! Also, we are happy to confirm for you that we do offer a 1 or 2 year warranty (depending on the product), and you appear to be within your warranty until 2024. In addition, one of our Personal Hearing Professionals would be glad to provide you with more information regarding maintenance for your Eargo devices.

Original review: June 3, 2022

My Eargo hearing aids were uncomfortable and making my ears itch, so I sent them back.

Eargo response

Hello Doug. We're sorry to hear that Eargo hearing aids did not work out for you. We wish you the best of luck on your hearing journey!

Original review: June 2, 2022

It's been a good experience so far with Eargo. I got it for my grandmother and it seems to be working as intended.

Eargo response

Hello Vlad! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your grandmother's hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: June 1, 2022

The cost of the Eargo hearing aids was really expensive. My wife said, “Just give it a try.” Their customer service was right to the point. So far, it’s going well. I’m happy with it.

Eargo response

Hello Michael! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We are so happy to hear that you're happy with the product and support that we provide. We sincerely appreciate your business as well as the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: May 31, 2022

I only had my Eargo for less than a month and I've already sent them back. They don’t work for me. There was too much feedback on the sound. It kept squealing and squawking. The sound quality was bad. It sounded like I was in a tin can all the time, everything was real tinny sounding, and nothing that they did seem to help. The app that I could put on my phone didn't help at all.

I was really disappointed. I got the newest, most up-to-date one that they offered, thinking that it would make it even better. But it did not. But I tried to make it work. I got really irritated with my customer service representative that kept calling me. She said, “Your brain just gotta get retrained.” I said, “No, it's not just my brain. I understand we hear with our brain, but the quality of the sound is very bad.” At first, they were extremely too loud. I had to take them out when I went in the car because I couldn’t stand whenever my husband would talk. It was so loud, it hurt. No matter how much I try to turn them down, they won’t go down enough.

I got really irritated with her because she kept wanting to say I wasn't patient enough. I got to wear them enough. I said, “I do wear them from the time I get up till the time I go to bed, unless I’m in a small area, and the sound is so loud that I cannot stand it." She really wouldn’t listen to me and she was on vacation the week that I had them on trial. So, I talked with someone else. They put them on a setting where it was a manufacturer’s setting and that made it a little bit better, but they were still too loud. We tried the different tips and that didn’t make a difference.

Eargo response

Hello Linda. We're so sorry to hear that Eargo hearing aids have not worked out for you. We wish you luck on your hearing journey!

Original review: May 30, 2022

I bought Eargo and have been using for a couple month. I have been happy so far with my purchase for following reasons- Eargo are very small and cannot be easily seen by anyone. I have been searching for hearing aids that can be hidden in my ear and I'm glad I found eargo. I didn't like behind the ear as I feel embarrassed them as I don't like people seeing them. But my experience with eargo so far has been positive. Eargo don't clog my ears much.

Eargo response

Hello Amey! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience. We are so happy to hear that you're ultimately satisfied with our product. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: May 30, 2022

Eargo has exceeded my expectations! After being somewhat reluctant to purchase hearing devices on line, I did my usual exhausting research and convinced myself to give it a go. To date, I am very pleased with my Eargo 6’s, but by far more pleased with the quality, support and the caring of your organization. It started with my first contact and has been consistently top quality throughout. I must remark how substantially helpful Raquel ** was with extremely helpful tips and recommendations to make using the Eargo’s easier to use and adjust to. She is a great asset to your company but even greater to your customer. Having run a service business for thirty five years, the quality of your entire organization is something to be admired. Your quality is a vanishing ingredient in today’s world, please continue to maintain it. My thanks to all who helped me on this journey.

Eargo response

Hello Richard! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience. We are so happy to hear that you're happy with our product and the support that we provide. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: May 27, 2022

In the several years I've had my EARGO NEO HIFI hearing aids I feel they have greatly enhanced the quality of my hearing. They are very comfortable and I love the enclosed rechargable batteries. The battery charge lasts a long time and is so much more conveinent than having to constantly change tiny hearing aid batteries. The EARGO Audio Tech customized the NEO HIFI'S programming to perfectly suit my level of hearing loss and has contacted me several times to "Check Up" on how the EARGO'S and I are getting along. EARGO'S Customer Support has responded quickly and efficiently on the couple of times I've had a request and they resolved my requests in a friendly and positive manner. I would highly recommend EARGO NEO HIFI's to anyone needing hearing aids and I'm confident that their newer models are even nicer to use.

Eargo response

Hello Edward. Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience. We sincerely appreciate your business, as well as the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: May 24, 2022

I have worn behind the ear hearing aids for 5 years. I have had frustration with performance and service from 2 manufacturers of hearing aids. I saw an ad on the Internet for Eargo hearing aids and I felt that I had enough experience with hearing aids to know what I wanted and hoped that Eargos would be better. So far, they are great! They fit in my ears fine with no distortion to sound and there is no constant wind roar on a windy day. Dealing with the company in my initial interview and purchase was easy. The instructional videos and help line have been great. Sound Match allows me to make adjustments on my own, when I want to without having to make an appointment and drive to a store. If I ever have a question, I can look for the answer online or it's a simple phone call to someone who understands me and helps me.

Eargo response

Hello Bob! Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this wonderful review! We sincerely appreciate your business, as well as the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others.

Original review: May 20, 2022

I am writing this review so that everyone that has tried hearing aids in the past will know what I'm talking about frustration and hope this review will steer them in the right direction. I have tried five different hearing aids, from those prescribed by my local Doctor to ones I have bought online. The first ones were $2600 EACH, and I was told I would love them. They had great technology, and they were fine, except I could hear myself talk and all the in my head noises no matter what I did. So I returned them and ordered three different pairs online. They were ranging from 150-250. All of them were, let's say, just ok.

I then decided to research the full hearing aids 2022 online. Eargo was #2, but we're hearing aids that fit in the ear and were not noticeable. The #1 was like the ones I tried first with the piece that hung over the ear. I decided to try the Eargo 6 after a reply call I received from one of the specialists and that they made them virtually invisible in the ears and had an option for more open ear tips that would not cause as much feedback. I received them very quickly, and they come with a 45-day trial that if I did not like them, I could return them for a refund, just like I did on the other four.

Here is what I have experienced. Perfect fit, excellent construction, far superior support calls me every week and answers my questions. Significant amplification even with my hearing that has no upper end. No replacement Batteries, a fantastic charging system, and a pretty good app that helps you control them. I'M SOLD!! And would HIGHLY RECOMMEND you try these. The support team alone is worth the try. These are the ones I will be keeping. Read all about them on the Eargo site.

Dana

Eargo response

Hello Dana! Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your Eargo experience. We sincerely appreciate your business, as well as the opportunity to improve your hearing. Please continue spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: May 17, 2022

I like the size of the Eargo hearing aid. I have the 6 and it seems to be working as advertised. It does everything I want it to do. It's a good product. The only feature I wish it had was a Bluetooth capability. But the main reason I went with the Eargo is that it fits inside the ear instead of behind the ear. With everyone having to wear a mask for the past two years, and I work at a hospital, I was constantly pulling my hearing aids off because of the earpieces on the mask. So, it definitely benefited from that. Also, everyone has been great at Eargo. They have contacted me several times to make sure that I was happy with the product and everything was working correctly. I appreciate that.

Eargo response

Hello Jefferson! Thank you for taking the time to share about your Eargo experience and feedback! While it's true that Eargo devices are too small to have a built-in Bluetooth receiver to stream phone calls and music, we're happy to hear that you're still ultimately satisfied with our product. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: May 4, 2022

The Eargo hearing aids are very nice. I can hear with them. I bought Phonak first and I hated them. Eargo was cheaper and I liked the way they looked. They fit in. They're undetectable and they work better. They're worth it. Their team also answers the phone or they'll call you back. They're very knowledgeable.

Eargo response

Hello Richard! Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your Eargo experience! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing. We are so happy to hear that you're happy with our product and the support that we provide. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: May 2, 2022

Initially, I wasn't even a candidate for the Eargo hearing aids when they first came out. But I took their hearing test and they thought that they could work with me. It seemed like there was positive stuff to their service and support over the time I followed them on the internet. The guy that I deal with is Juan. Every time I call him, he seems like he can help me out. I like his determination. I call him a lot because sometimes I can’t seem to hear what I think I should hear. He’s knowledgeable enough to tell me that some things, I’m not gonna hear, like the high pitches. Plus, he’s knowledgeable enough to know that there are things that he can adjust and fix.

Right now, they’re sending me a new pair of hearing aids because I’m not satisfied with how the Eargo 6 is reacting all of a sudden. If I had a little more control over the volume, I would be a lot more satisfied. But for the technology they put in this, it does well. They told me that if we both decide that it’s not working out for me, then we go a different route. They don’t just quit and give up on me, and say, “We can’t help your hearing.”

Eargo response

Hello Drue! We're sorry if you're not yet satisfied with your Eargo hearing aids. We do hope that your Personal Hearing Professional or another member of our support team is able to assist you with the issues you've experienced with your devices. As a reminder, our Client Care team is available Monday through Friday between 8AM and 8PM CST by calling (800)615-9000, emailing support@eargo.com, or by using the live chat function on our website at eargo.com. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing, so thank you for trying Eargo!

Original review: April 28, 2022

Each and every representative I have spoke with have been great to work with. Any problems I have they are right on it so quick and ready to help me. I love my Eargo hearing aids - now I hear my grandchildren better, thank you for helping me always.

Eargo response

Hello! Wow! Thank you so much for sharing about your Eargo experience. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing and quality of life. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: April 28, 2022

I bought my Eargo 6 through Amazon because I had trouble running the credit card on the website. I've been getting support even though I bought it from a vendor. These hearing aids seem to be working well. They have Bluetooth too. Learning how to make the adjustments quickly either with a tap or going through the app on the phone works very well. Sometimes the hearing aids would irritate me when I get them a little bit too far in. I just pull them back out a little bit. You got a little itch in there but that's about it.

Eargo response

Hello Al! Thank you so much for sharing about your Eargo experience! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing. If you continue to feel any discomfort from wearing your Eargo devices, please feel free to contact our Client Care team at your convenience. As a reminder, our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: April 20, 2022

I'm using the Eargo as a transient replacement for my over-the-ear ReSound, which are true hearing aids. The Eargo has served the purpose. I like the price and the fact that it was in the ear and some of the features, like the programming.

Eargo response

Hello William! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing. We are so happy to hear that you're happy with our product! Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: April 19, 2022

I've been an EARGO customer for several months I started out with the Neo Hi Fi and about 2 months ago got the Eargo 6. The quality of my hearing is so incredible now they have a new program called sound match and it's made such a positive difference in my life. As a retired law enforcement officer I didn't always use proper hearing protection and after 23 yrs I thought that was as good as I would ever be able to hear again. But thanks to Eargo and the time they take with you to help you to set them up and use them properly they have given me part of my life back I thought was gone forever. I can't say enough about Eargo I'm just so grateful and proud to have them. Thank you so much Eargo for helping me get back part of my life I thought was gone. Thank you so much. Michael

Eargo response

Hello Michael! Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We sincerely appreciate your business, and we are so happy that you're so happy with our product. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: April 19, 2022

I cannot be anymore happier with my Eargo 6 hearing aids. All my research for the perfect hearing aids resulted in choosing the best technology, price and professional support provided by Eargo. Now if we can get insurance companies to understand this more people could have the great experience I’m having with my Eargo 6 hearing aids.

Eargo response

Hello Dominick! Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We sincerely appreciate your business, and we are so happy to hear that you're satisfied with our product and the support that we provide. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Original review: April 19, 2022

I'm very satisfied with Eargo 6. Going in, I had my hearing tested and I've been told I have profound hearing loss. I talked to the people there at Eargo but they said, “Ours aren’t really designed for that.” It'd be nice to hear everything but I don't feel like I need to. My biggest loss is my higher decibel ranges. There are sounds that I cannot hear. If you leave our refrigerator door open, it's got a little alarm that goes off and I can't hear it standing right next to it. Even with the Eargo, I still, a lot of time, can't hear it. But they work really well for conversation and most sounds, and that's really what I was after.

The main reason I went with them instead of considering others, was the rechargeability. The ones that I had before had batteries and they were a nuisance. You always had to carry a battery with you ‘cause you never knew when they were gonna go dead. Also, I like being able to control the volume and modes from my phone. Their customer service has also been really good. The first call I got right after I got them, I knew it was coming in but we unexpectedly went out to dinner with some friends and I cut them off short a little bit. They were very friendly and ended up calling me back later.

Eargo response

Hello William! Thank you for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience. We sincerely appreciate the opportunity to improve your hearing. We're happy to hear that you're ultimately satisfied with your Eargo 6 hearing aids and the support that we provide. Lastly, please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to friends and family!

Original review: April 15, 2022

I saw the advertising for Eargo and thought it looked like a good possibility. I ordered the hearing aids and there are the ones that go in the ear canal. I have a very small ear canal and they wouldn't fit. They wouldn't stay in there properly and just didn't do the job. I couldn't tell that much difference between having the hearing aids in and not having them in. I didn't have that much hearing loss that it made that much of an effect. Those hearing aids didn't work for me so I sent them back. Customer service was helpful in terms of trying to talk me through it and the possibilities. They were very polite. But on the whole, I was dissatisfied with the hearing aids. The return process was easy. They sent me a label, I put it all back together, taped that label onto it, and threw it in the mail.

Eargo response

Hello Peggy! Thank you for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience. We are sorry that our devices did not work out for you, but we're happy to hear that our Client Care team was helpful to you and that our return process was very convenient for you. We wish you luck on your hearing journey!

Original review: April 14, 2022

I had purchased an expensive pair of hearing aids that were over the ear. I wear glasses and every time my glasses move, I would get interference. When I saw the advertisement for Eargo where they can stay totally in my ear, I decided I would try them. Customer service was excellent. Overall, I've got mixed reactions to my hearing aids. I like the design but I'm having a little bit of trouble getting the ear canal to adapt to them without pain. I just have to get through the transition. Other than that, I like them.

Eargo response

Hello Gary! Thank you for taking the time to write about your Eargo experience! We're sorry for any irritation or pain that you get from trying to wear your Eargo hearing aids, but one of our Personal Hearing Professionals would be happy to help you with that. If you are interested in this call, please contact our support team at your convenience. Our Client Care team can be reached Monday-Friday 8am-8pm CST by emailing support@eargo.com, through the live chat function on our website at eargo.com, or by calling us at 1-800-615-9000. Please keep spreading the good word about Eargo to others!

Eargo Company Information