3.9/5 (497 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Beachbody

Beachbody is a leading provider of fitness, nutrition and weight loss programs. Its customers can choose from a wide variety of workout styles to reach their fitness goals. From active workouts to the Shakeology program, Beachbody’s programs are easily accessible and deliver results.

Pros

• Exercise and diet guidance
  • Provides support and motivation
  • Wide variety of programs

Cons

• Costly program upgrades

Bottom Line

Beachbody’s diverse weight loss programs are pricey, but the results may be worth the money. With a strong community and access to a coach, each program gives you a personalized weight loss experience.

Beachbody Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?

Original review: July 25, 2020

There are so many choices! When you pay for a membership, you get access to many different types of programs. From fitness beginner to extremely advanced there is something for every level of fitness. But unlike a lot of other programs this caters to many different interests. There are yoga programs, MMA, aerobic-type, some weight-training, and others. I did the first month of the Insanity program and loved it. Saw major results. When I started having trouble with my knee, I switched to Core de Force, which I am loving! The ability to easily change and choose what you want is great - many other platforms would require you to pay separately for each program!

Hello Sherry,

Thank you for leaving your feedback and thoughts regarding our Beachbody on demand program, and for letting people now that we have a workout ready for anybody, at whatever level you are starting at!

Original review: July 24, 2020

You get a large variety of services and help with Beachbody. My only problem with it and that it is geared to individuals who are already pretty fit and you have to realize that when you are starting the program and go very slow if you are NOT very fit.

Hello Julie,

We appreciate your feedback. We do have a large number of workouts geared towards beginners or individuals that are starting over in their fitness journey. Please feel free to contact us if you ever need more information on which videos are more geared towards beginners or low impact. We are always happy to help.

Original review: July 23, 2020

The community of beach body as a whole was great. Structured workouts and support. I do not like the fact and marketing and pushing the products. I am not an aggressive at sales so I ended up losing more money than I invested.

Dear Christy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I was happy to hear that our community is a good fit for you and we are very happy to have you part of it. I was unable to locate your account in our system with the information provided in your review. We value your feedback. I am following up with you via email and would like to connect with you to get more details in order to forward your feedback and suggestions.

Original review: June 26, 2020

According to CLUBINDUSTRY, a web-based Health & Fitness publication, “Beachbody will cease operations of Beachbody LIVE on March 1, 2020," according to an announcement from Beachbody. “The rise of exclusive boutique studios, custom programming, and the growing desire to work out via an abundance of fitness apps” hindered Beachbody LIVE’s ability to scale as management had anticipated, the announcement noted.”

Beachbody LIVE is alive and well, and now they're out there pursuing live on-line fitness business models under different names. Personally, when I heard a TV ad for a free trial for an on-line fitness service, OpenFit, open to the first 25,000 respondents I texted the code, provided by the advertiser, OpenFit. In order to go to the next step, I provided a debit card number. What I did not do was to download the app from Google Play, nor did I activate my account on said app, and therefore did not receive any service from this provider. However, I was charged $96. Immediately, I began to try to get my money back. The charge on my card listed as OPENFIT HEALTH&FITNESS, Tel no 3108839000. This telephone number is answered by Beachbody.

Googling Beachbody, I came across the announcement with which I began this narrative - Beachbody is no longer in this business, or is it? I began to smell a rodent. Neither of the telephone attendants at the number dialed per the charge (answered by Beachbody), nor the number I was given for Beachbody Customer Service, could even FIND me in their systems. I am currently disputing this charge with my Bank’s FRAUD specialists.

Hello Jeffrey,

Per your request, we have cancelled your OpenFit membership and have issued a refund to you. Please allow 3-5 working days for your refund to post to your financial institution.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I love Beachbody on demand. I bought a membership on september 2019. The app used to work no problem by then, I was able to sign in on my Asus tablet/laptop. I was able to sign in on our projector with a little bit of buffer but it resolve really quick. But few weeks when they updated the beachbody on demand app, I can’t sign in and doesnt work on my asus tablet. Doesn't work anymore on firefox in our projector. Only works on my apple phone but I can’t use phone coz its too small I cant see, I have eye problem. My husband tried to log in to amazon silk I could sign in but it is really slow, keep stopping, reloading, buffer, I can’t exercise. Please bring back the old version of the app.

Hello Marilou,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry that I do not have a contact phone number on file in which to reach you. I have followed up with you via email. You can also reach our online chat support under our help section on our website.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I signed up thinking there could be some value in this for a home workout during quarantine. I VERY quickly realized they just want you to buy a bunch of equipment from them to be able to do any of the workouts. There's some body weight ones, but nothing special. It's all just a ploy to get you in and to buy all their products. Would be fine if you had a varied mix, but it's really plain to see what they're doing.

Also, should point out that advertising shows this vast questionnaire that perfectly matches you with the program you need. Yeah, that's fake. You're thrown online to a variety of courses and given a digital coach that apparently just works off a script. So, I go to cancel almost immediately. I call, am on hold for about 45 minutes before I decide to try again online, this was at the beginning of quarantine, maybe phones are bogged down. They interrupt you on hold to remind you how easy it is to cancel or change things online.

All of their cancellation links are suspiciously down. So I chat with a guy online, he says that he will cancel it, but I still have access till the end of the month, yadda yadda. Got a confirmation email, so I figured it's ok. 30 days later, I get charged. I'm now on hold for 90 minutes, there can't be this many people calling Beachbody. They trap you in, make it EXTREMELY annoying to cancel in hopes that the normal housewife that's too busy will just forget about it. Well, I have nothing to do, so let's see how long I have to wait... And how the cancellation process goes once I get someone on the phone.

So after an 1hr 45mins, I got through. Apparently no records of a cancellation. They're also going to say that you're signed up for other services, just say no and that you want your money back. Be persistent. Put you on hold for another 10 minutes while they research and "see what they can do." They say that their system is having issues even though you can see reviews from years ago saying the same thing. This should be illegal.

Beachbody response

Our records show that you spoke with our customer service on May 27, 2020. Per your request, your Beachbody On Demand membership was cancelled and a refund was issued to you. Please allow 3-5 working days for your refund to post to your account. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I love Beachbody on Demand, but trying to cancel a Shakeology subscription or anything else you order from there is a nightmare. You should just add a button so I can cancel instead of having to wait forever to get someone to do it for me. I spend the better part of 2 hours trying to cancel a subscription for my wife and myself.

Beachbody response

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our records show that you spoke with our customer service on May 12, 2020 and your request to cancel your shakeology shipments was successfully completed at that time. We are always looking for ways on how to improve our service and your feedback regarding additional options on how to cancel shakeology in the future have been submitted. Please contact us if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Original review: March 26, 2020

In this stressful climate, I signed up my entire staff for a Beachbody on demand membership, using my business Visa. Nowhere on the site did the it say I couldnt use my visa to sign up my team. The visa processed. I let my staff know they could start to exercise while they were self isolated to reduce their stress and then their memberships started to get canceled because of a fraud concern. There were no phone calls placed first or emails with a warning, instead, I was embarressed as my team couldnt access. I then waited 2 days to be contacted with no solution offered for a team membership, the online support was atrocious. I will not be referring anyone else to this company.

Dear Florence,

I sincerely apologize for the negative experience you have recently had with trying to sign up your team with Beachbody on Demand memberships and any inconvenience that has caused you. At this time, for security purposes Beachbody currently requires customer’s to sign up individually with their own credit card information. We are always looking for ways on how to improve our service and customer experience, please rest assured as I will be forwarding feedback to my teams regarding this situation as to better our services in the future.

Resolution response: May 9, 2020

I appreciate the refund. I would have given a higher rating but I had to beg, grovel and plead for help to resolve the issue. Once I posted publicly then they resolved. Again, thank you for my money back but it should not be that hard.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I had difficulty with Google Play and the App. I talked with someone from the online chat twice, called in 3 times and Beachbody people said that are not able to fix and call Google. Google said it was their problem to fix, it was not fun to go back and forth and get no assistance. 3 weeks later for whatever magical internet moment it was working. But in the mean time I found a better app with a company that had better customer service. A waster of 110.00.

Beachbody response

We are sorry that Beachbody on Demand didn’t work out for you. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to work with you to resolve this issue. We are happy to report that we were able to work with Google Play to have a refund processed on your behalf.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I signed up under a coach, and I did not know I was being signed up as a coach. So when I canceled after 30 days, I thought that was hit. No more charges. I thought I was canceling everything. Come to find out the only thing that was canceled were the shakes. Customer service did not ask me at that time if I would like to cancel membership. I was not even aware there was a membership fee. I was then charged $15.95 for seven months. Because it came off of my credit card, it went undetected until my former coach made me aware of it. I am not happy with Beachbody. This is really a scam, in my opinion. Something needs to change in their communication with new members.

Dear Sara,

Upon review of your account, we found that you cancelled your shakeology shipments on 6/29/2019. At the time of the call the agent did inform you that although your shakeology shipments were cancelled, your account was still an active coach account.

As a Team Beachbody Coach, for your security, it is the sole responsibility of the Coach, to submit an Independent Coach Cancellation Form to request Cancellation of one’s Account. Coach Cancellation Requests must be submitted online and cannot be received via chat or phone. Once the signed Independent Coach Cancellation Form is received and accepted, the Coach account will be cancelled within 24 hours.

Beachbody Company Information