1.0(552)

About Beachbody

Beachbody is a leading provider of fitness, nutrition and weight loss programs. Its customers can choose from a wide variety of workout styles to reach their fitness goals. From active workouts to the Shakeology program, Beachbody’s programs are easily accessible and deliver results.

Pros & Cons

Pros
  • Exercise and diet guidance
  • Provides support and motivation
  • Wide variety of programs
Cons
  • Costly program upgrades

Stars Rating

• 100%

Popular Mentions

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?

Reviewed April 24, 2024

When you cancel your membership, they retain your payment for the entire year, and you lose access to editing your account. They informed the bank that upon cancellation, you can still utilize your membership for the year, even though you didn't opt for that. Once canceled, editing is prohibited as the account status shows "membership canceled". Despite it being a year away and no intention to use it during this time, they persist in asserting that digital subscription policies prevent refunds. The charge was made on a replaced card, but the bank approved it regardless. Beachbody seems solely interested in your money!

Hello Patty,

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed that on March 29, 2024, your annual BODi membership renewed. During the purchase flow, you opted into an auto renew and agreed to the Terms and Conditions. Like all memberships that auto-renew, you will continue to receive access and be billed regardless of usage until you take the action to cancel.

Our systems show the annual BODi prebill email was sent to your email address on file on February 26, 2024.
    Your annual BODi membership was cancelled on April 03, 2024.

You will continue to have access until March 29, 2025.

For digital memberships, the 30-day money back guarantee only applies to the initial order date. Membership renewals are not eligible for a money back guarantee. Please view the following money back guarantee FAQ for additional details: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/259/catid/0/TLP/0.

Resolution In Progress
    Staff

Reviewed April 20, 2024

I want the buyer to be aware of their digital agreement. You cannot cancel a renewal or get a refund. I saw on my credit card that I had a charge from Beachbody for $192 and I had no idea that it was on auto subscribe, I literally cancelled it a day after it renewed. And I noticed I did not get a refund, so I contacted them and they told me that according to the digital agreement that I signed 2 years ago they could not give me a refund. The representative sent me a policy dispute form so that I could try to get my money back and they said no.

Hello Christine,

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed that on April 04, 2021, you purchased an annual Beachbody On Demand membership. During the purchase flow, you opted into an auto renew and agreed to the Terms and Conditions. Like all memberships that auto-renew, you will continue to receive access and be billed regardless of usage until you take the action to cancel.
    We were unable to locate any previous cancellation requests via phone, chat, SMS test or online via self-service.

Because your annual Beachbody On Demand membership was not cancelled, it auto renewed per the Terms and Conditions that you opted in to at enrollment.

As of March 2023, Beachbody On Demand is now BODi. Our records show the BODi upgrade notification e-mail was sent to your email address on file on February 28, 2023.

Please check your spam and inbox for the e-mail notification with “Subject: Upgrading your membership – important changes with 35 days of free access!” This notification advised of the next renewal date and renewal price with a link provided to manage your account.

Your annual BODi membership renewed on April 04, 2024. Our systems show the annual BODi prebill email was sent to your email address on file on March 03, 2024. The subject is titled, “Your next year of results with BODi”. At the time you had the ability to manage your memberships and subscriptions prior to the next scheduled renewal.

Your annual BODi membership was cancelled on April 06, 2024. You will continue to have access until April 04, 2025.

We’re unable to approve your request for a refund outside of our 30-day money back guarantee period due to the following policy:

For digital memberships, the 30-day money back guarantee only applies to the initial order date. Membership renewals are not eligible for a money-back guarantee. Please view the following money back guarantee FAQ for additional details: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/259/catid/0/TLP/0.

Reviewed April 16, 2024

I've been a Beachbody/bodi customer for years. I was injured last year and have been unable to work out. In 2024 I've used Bodi 5xs at the request of an orthopedic surgeon as he worked to diagnose my condition. I learned I would need a hip replacement. Two days ago I was charged 179.00 renewal and called today in an attempt to cancel and get a refund....48 hrs. after being charged. Included is the nastiest email responses I've ever seen. I hoped to be a return customer and have always recommended Bodi. That changed TODAY.

Hello Tika,

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed that on April 14, 2023, you purchased an annual BODi membership. During the purchase flow, you opted into an auto renew and agreed to the Terms and Conditions. Like all memberships that auto-renew, you will continue to receive access and be billed regardless of usage until you take the action to cancel.

Our systems show the annual BODi prebill email was sent to your email address on file on March 13, 2024. The subject is titled, “Your next year of results with BODi”.

Your annual BODi membership renewed on April 14, 2024, and you cancelled on March 14, 2024.

You will continue to have access until April 14, 2025.

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed March 31, 2024

I had requested a cancellation online in 2023 regarding online services. When reviewing my credit card charges they charged me $193 on March 24th, 2024 for a service from March 24th, 2024 through March 24th, 2025. This is also twice as much as it has been in the past which was around $100 and there was no noticed of price increase either. I called them 03/31/2024 instead of emailing this time and they said they now have cancelled (who knows) but I MUST keep the subscription for the March 24th, 2024 through March 24th, 2025. It has been a week since they made this charge and they want me to pay for an entire year which I won't be using these services. This is not aligned with consumer rights. I do not have a receipt because they didn't send me one. All I have is the charge on my credit card. I would be careful to make any business with this company especially if using subscriptions or recurring charges.

Hello Elisabeth,

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed that on March 24, 2018, you purchased an annual Beachbody On Demand membership. During the purchase flow, you opted into an auto renew and agreed to the Terms and Conditions. Like all memberships that auto-renew, you will continue to receive access and be billed regardless of usage until you take the action to cancel.

As of March 2023, Beachbody On Demand is now BODi.

Our records show the BODi upgrade email notification was sent on February 17, 2023. The email also included the new pricing and next scheduled renewal date. Our records also show that the email was opened/viewed on the same date.

Please check your spam and inbox for the e-mail notification with “Subject: Upgrading your membership – important changes with 35 days of free access.”

Your annual BODi membership renewed on March 24, 2024. Because your annual BODi membership was not cancelled, it auto renewed per the Terms and Conditions that you opted in to at enrollment.

Our systems show the annual BODi prebill email was sent to your email address on file on February 21, 2024. At the time you had the ability to manage your memberships and subscriptions.

Your annual BODi membership was cancelled on March 31, 2024. You will continue to have access until March 24, 2025.

We unable to locate any previous requests to cancel via phone, chat, or SMS texts.

Reviewed Nov. 20, 2023

This coach is supposed to be a influencer, a trainer, and shouldn't be allowed to judge. I am one of few people this woman has harassed. I have got called fat, and ugly all through messages that I can screen shot. This woman should not be allowed to work for this company, while she body shames people in public.

Hello Elizabeth,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We're sorry to hear that your recent communication with your Partner was not up to your expectations. We take all feedback seriously, and we appreciate your honest feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration you may have experienced.

Reviewed Oct. 2, 2023

I have had horrible experiences with Beachbody over the past 2 weeks. And they have done nothing about it. I have been a customer for 3 years but the company has gone downhill and anytime I contact someone there is no support. 2 weeks ago I received a jar of energize with no scoop, which means it was defective. They have A POLICY THAT SAYS THEY WILL NOT SEND ONE WHEN THEY MESS UP. A policy that says, "When we screw up we won't fix it." Red flag #1.

This morning and a few other mornings I get up to workout and I can't sign in, workouts are blocked that shouldn't be, there is no way to go to beachbodyondemand/activate to get my tv app to work. They bought Openfit so have a monopoly on the business so don't care if they suck. If my circumstances allowed I would join a gym that actually allows me to workout everyday. This morning I was up at 5 to work out but instead spent 30 minutes troubleshooting and nothing is working. So frustrated with this company.

Hello Janet,

We take these reports seriously and notify our manufacturing and packaging teams when this occurs. While we do not ship individual scoops, we do provide teaspoon or tablespoon equivalents (depending on the product) so the user can use their product as intended.

Please view the following FAQ for additional details: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4005/catid/0/TLP/0.

Please contact us at faq.beachbody.com if you are still having trouble accessing the BODi programs.

BODi

Profile pic of the author.
    Online & AppStaff

Reviewed July 3, 2023

I am paying for a memberships month by month. This week, the app stopped turning on and constantly tells me I am “offline” and “not in an area with service“.

I have the strongest wifi you can get. My smart tv is working just fine, everything else on my Ipad works just fine, so I am NOT “offline" Or “not in an area with service”., I even tried it on my IPhone, I had 67 gigs of data left, certainly more than enough to watch a 10 minute exercise video. It still says I am “offline”. HELLO!! I am NOT offline,. I contacted them and they told me someone will reach out to me in three business days. I am still being charged.

I want my money back. I am paying for something that clearly does not work at all. Does NOT even TURN ON! More importantly I want them to send me back in time machine so I can re do all the work out days I missed because their app which I am PAYING FOR does NOT WORK AT ALL. So I missed all those workout days, messed my entire schedule up. Does NOT EVEN TURN ON. DON’T waste your money!

Hello Brandon,

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed that you are currently in communication with our technical department to resolve your issue. A follow up email was provided to you on July 12, 2023, with additional information.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPriceStaff

Reviewed June 29, 2023

I signed up for Beachbody in 2022. It was pretty good overall. I did like being able to tune in and try different workouts and certainly while working out at home I felt this was an easy option and I felt okay with the price. I figured for $10/month why not. However, when logging in recently I noticed they were running a 50% off sale and as I knew my subscription was about to renew, I thought I'd reach out to see if this could be applied to my renewal. I soon realized that not only was this false advertising (i.e. they've inflated their prices this year to offer a 50% discount to new members, which is still a nearly 65% price increase from what was offered one year ago) but additionally - FAILED to notify me that this would be happening automatically.

As in, you're already signed up, we're ratcheting up the price a LOT to nearly $180 (up from $119) for no apparent reason (no value add as far as I can tell) and also we're not going to tell you, we're just going to do it and hope you don't notice. We're going to hide this "news" in the small print in cryptic language at the bottom of what looks like an ad that offers me the "opportunity" to "upgrade" if I choose to. In reality, you're getting this "upgrade" regardless. Come to find out they automatically enroll you and charge you for the year, and there are no refunds, even if you only used the service for say 2 months.

Honestly, as a business owner myself I WOULD NEVER treat customers this way. Sheisty as all heck, I have completely lost respect for this company. It also took me 30 minutes to deduce this whole scheme while on the phone with an customer service agent - I mean, I'm asking pretty basic questions, all the answers require long pauses or veiled answers.... it seems anyone should be able to answer very basic questions in what should have been a 5 minute call. This new "upgrade" is clearly price gouging and feels very bait and switch. I hope they see a mass exodus from the platform and truly reconsider their business practices. Not impressed.

Hello Megan,

We apologize for any inconvenience caused, and please know that we have massively expanded what is available through the BODi platform from when you joined. In addition to all of the existing content you already enjoyed with your membership on the prior Beachbody On Demand platform, as a BODi member, you also now have access to:

1. 4 different BODi Blocks every month, each offering 15-20 new, best-in-class workouts (so a total of 60-80 new workouts) every month created by the best trainers and exercise professionals around. This is in addition to a new Super Block we add every new month, which means you will have the ability to access between 75-100 new workouts every single month.

2. We also continue to expand our meal planning and recipes to help with nutrition options, with over 1,000 recipes and nutritional videos available.

3. We are additionally creating new monthly master classes to explore mental health and wellness with new content centering around a new personal development topic every month.

And while providing amazing value is always important to us, even with this massive expansion of content, our new pricing still only averages about $15 a month, or fifty cents a day, which we still feel provides the best possible platform for somebody to work on their mental health, physical fitness, meal planning and all-over Health Esteem at a price that cannot be matched anywhere.

All of this said, we want to make sure that every customer is always completely satisfied and we noticed that you decided not to renew at this new rate following the end of your subscription term (which is also why we offer a 30-day money back guarantee on all of our products). But we do hope you decide to come back and see everything that BODi has to offer in our new model.

Customer ServicePriceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed June 21, 2023

I'm a doctor. In 2020 I had subscribed to Beachbody. The 5 of November 2020, I phone, with difficulty of reach, the company. After trying online without success I manage by phone to ask to cancel. Never thought they would start again to bill me. Without me noticing, they charge on my VISA 247,20$ in 2021-2022 and 2023. I feel ashamed not noticing before. Again, I tried to phone. Their website does not give you easily the phone number. In fact, you have to remember your password to obtain the phone number. I realize after it the same number that is written on your visa bill. Anyway, when I finally reach them, they say that on November 2020, I only cancelled the shake when I know it’s not true because I clearly remember how mad and hard it was and clearly ask to cancel EVERYTHING.

For me, it’s a bad way of doing business. NEVER again. I take this time to advise EVERYONE. Be wiser than me before trusting a company that does not respect your desire to stop your membership or is not being fully transparent on what you are or not canceling when you phone, especially if you have took a combine membership. When you cancel, they suddenly «split» your membership and without advising you. I’ve look again what I had checkmark and it’s not easy to understand that I should know that when I want to cancel there is 2 subscriptions in my one subscriptions. Be advise that you may be charged for years or have a lot of difficulties to cancel so give attention to your credit car receipt or which checkbox you will click on. It’s not a good way of considering your client nonobstant of the rest. Date of experience: June 20, 2023 and November 2020.

Hello Isabelle,

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed that on May 19, 2020, you enrolled into an annual Beachbody On Demand membership. On August 28, 2020, you purchased a Challenge Pack, which included a monthly subscription to Shakeology. Prior to completing your purchase, you were required to agree to the terms and conditions. Within those terms you agreed to automatic renewals which required you to cancel with BODi to prevent future charges, shipments and eliminate access.

On November 5, 2020, you contacted customer support requesting the cancellation of your Shakeology subscription. The Shakeology subscription was cancelled as requested on the same date. Your annual Beachbody On Demand membership remained active due to no prior cancellation requests received. Like all subscriptions, Beachbody On Demand will renew regardless of usage until you cancel. Your annual BODi membership renewed on May 19, 2023.

We have confirmed that your annual BODi membership was cancelled on June 20, 2023. We have processed a refund for the recent charge due to the cancellation being one-day outside of our money back guarantee timeframe. Please allow five days to receive depending on your financial institution.

Reviewed May 2, 2023

I cancelled my subscription 2 days before renewal and 2 days later I get billed for another year!! I dispute the change and they win? AND I STILL DON'T HAVE ACCESS OR A SUBSCRIPTION! WANT MY MONEY BACK! SCAM SCAM SCAM.

Hello Tracie,

Upon reviewing your account, we have confirmed that your annual Beachbody On Demand renewal was scheduled for February 25, 2023. It appears you were able to cancel the membership on the same day the renewal processed. However, we see that you chose to “turn off autorenewal” instead of selecting the “cancel” option.

We have processed a refund of the renewal charge on May 4, 2023. Please allow five days to receive the funds depending on your financial institution.

PriceStaff

Reviewed Feb. 4, 2023

I was an Openfit customer and unfortunately Openfit was purchased by Beachbody, which is subpar by far. My membership was set to renew at my original Openfit contract rate of $89. I was notified by Beachbody that my card did not go through (it was an old card) and they requested an updated card. I used the link provided to update the card as requested. A few weeks later my membership was abruptly cancelled.

When I called to find out what happened, they said that the membership expired because the charge didn't go through (on the previous card) and that my only option was to renew at $189. They never even tried to charge the updated card. They wanted my contract rate to expire and they did it super deviously. They took no responsibility for not charging the new card on file (as they requested) and offered no other options. Literally they said they could do nothing. They really didn't care if I was a customer or not. Super awful experience. Needless to say, I'm not renewing.

Hello Jana,

Upon reviewing our systems, it appears you have submitted a Consumer Privacy Rights Request form, requesting to delete your account. Your account has been deleted from our systems and we are unable to further review your account details.

Reviewed Feb. 3, 2023

We purchased in 2014 P90X3 and P90X and spent several hundred dollars. I love the product so much however I have to carry a cd player and the cd around with me that is now impossible with reduced luggage allowance and the amount I travel. When I called Beachbody and requested access to the products I had purchased they said I have to buy a membership and sent me a link to spend $143.88. I do not want nor need membership. I only want access to the DVD online to download on my computer. I love the workouts and want to use them. I asked for a temporary access that would expire just to download. Answer was No.

I asked to speak to a supervisor. Answer was No. There was absolutely no option for me who had spent money to buy a product that I love and access it online. How is this possible in this day and age? The woman hung up on me and said she could not do anything more. Very poor Customer service and would not recommend this product only because their ultimate goal is not fitness and well being, it is to make money. I say this because I love the workouts and can now not have access to them.

Hello Satya,

Currently, we do not have the option to allow access to specific workout programs without having a Beachbody On Demand subscription.

You may sign up for a 14-day free trial to view and access our programs in the member library.

For additional membership options, please view the following purchase link: https://www.teambeachbody.com/shop/us/d/beachbody-on-demand-BODStandalone

Reviewed Nov. 30, 2022

I had been a member of the Openfit program and loved it. When I learned that Openfit was "merging" with Beachbody, I looked into the program, but Beachbody didn't offer the same programs that I had come to love with Openfit. I decided I wanted to cancel my subscription. I thought I had taken off the nonrenew. I was quite surprised to find a charge of almost a hundred dollars for Beachbody on my credit card. I called to cancel and was told I was outside of the cancellation period. I asked for a partial refund and was told that wasn't an option. Beachbody is not easy to work with when wanting to cancel subscription. It is costly and doesn't offer the programs that I liked from Openfit. I am stuck paying for something that I will never use. If I could give zero stars, I would.

Hello Paula,

Upon reviewing your account, we see that your annual Beachbody On Demand and BODI subscription renewed on September 17, 2022. We were unable to locate any prior cancellation requests. Beachbody’s provides a 30-day money back guarantee for all products and subscriptions. We see that you contacted us on October 30, 2022, regarding the renewal of the subscription, stating you have previously requested a cancellation and would like a refund of the charge. The representative explained the order is now outside of our 30-day money back guarantee period for a refund.

Your subscription has been cancelled and you will have access to Beachbody On Demand until September 17, 2023.

Sales & Marketing

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2022

There are not many options, and any new programs require you to buy "an early VIP access", even though you're already paying for a subscription. They will not give you a general release date for the new programs you're interested in, but it looks like you have to wait at least 6 months before you can access them as a lowly "general" member. If you're paying for a subscription, why on Earth do you need to pay DOUBLE to start working out? You also see *constant* ads pop up for their products. It's getting a little irritating. I'll be cancelling my subscription.

Hello Sandra,

VIP Early Access allows you to have exclusive access to upcoming programs that have not been released to the general public or general Beachbody On Demand members. VIP Early Access programs allows users with an active Beachbody On Demand membership to gain full access to new programs before it's made available to our library of workouts. We also have Beachbody On Demand Interactive, or BODi (pronounced “BODY”) for short, which is the interactive fitness and nutrition content membership tier to Beachbody On Demand. BODi includes daily live and on-demand studio classes, nutrition content, and more. The member library release dates for specific programs are located on the FAQ details. For example: Fire and Flow will be added to the member library on November 21, 2022, as mentioned on FAQ5347: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5347/catid/0/TLP/0

Customer ServicePrice

Reviewed Oct. 19, 2022

The workouts were not great. There weren’t many options, and almost all of them were advanced or intermediate. There wasn’t any teaching or building of experiencing. You start as if you’ve already been working out for years. They weren’t sustainable. Not to mention, the goal of the workouts are for weight loss. Which is outdated and unhealthy. They mention weight loss in most of their workouts. The booklet you receive for nutrition and food is the biggest reason I disliked Beachbody. There’s a whole book of food rules- even counting your almonds, keeping track of calories, and tracking every bite you eat. Like I said, extremely outdated and unhealthy.

The customer service is terrible and online help. It’s extremely difficult to cancel. Your charges are all broken up so you can’t tell that you cancelled one thing and not two other things. Then they charge you again. Reaching out to customer service is non existent from what I’ve experienced. I emailed them more than once over a month ago and haven’t heard back. Needless to say, I hated the program and would warn anyone else not to join. That’s all. :)

Hello Joanna,

At Beachbody, we value our customer feedback regarding their experience using our programs. Feedback like this helps us constantly improve our customer, preferred customer, and coach experiences by knowing what we are doing right and what we can work on. We will also forward your comments for future considerations and recommendations. We appreciate you taking the time to send us this helpful response. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions, comments, or concerns.

Reviewed Oct. 18, 2022

I canceled 8 months ago and started getting charged again. Sat texting with customer service, sent cancellation email and still they disputed. Very frustrating. I'm glad my credit card company assist in these moments. Good luck if you subscribe.

Hello Gwen,

After a thorough review of your account, we have confirmed you contacted customer support on December 27, 2021 requesting the cancellation of your membership. Your Beachbody On Demand and Shakeology subscriptions were cancelled; however, your Preferred Customer membership remained active.

We have successfully cancelled your Preferred Customer membership on October 17, 2022. A refund has been issued for the Preferred Customer fees on October 19, 2022. An email has been sent to your email address on file with additional information regarding the refunds.

Customer ServiceOnline & AppStaff

Reviewed Oct. 11, 2022

My wife and I purchased a MYX Fitness bike in January 2021. We used the bike daily for the first few months, then only a few times a month after that. This October after trying to get back into more of a routine on the bike, the tablet screen stopped turning on. I called BeachBody customer support and they tried to troubleshoot the issue, however, after nothing worked with the power cord/brick, the representative (via text message support) told me our warranty expired in January 2021 and we'd have to purchase a new tablet for $210. I informed the CSR I felt we should be entitled to a replacement tablet free of charge, due to the tablet malfunctioning due to no fault of ours (our bike/tablet is in great shape and has been maintained very well).

When they told me there was nothing else they could do due to the warranty expiring, I asked for their help in filing a formal complaint with the company. The CSR immediately ended the text conversation and directed me back to my original starting point if I needed further support from an agent. We pay $30 a month for the BeachBody On Demand service and decided to buy the MYX Fitness bike because it was a cheaper alternative to a more expensive cycling bike like a NordicTrack or Peloton. If I knew the tablet wouldn't even last two years and we'd be forced to buy a replacement, I would have definitely reconsidered. MYX Fitness/BeachBody offer zero accountability for their product and offer no customer loyalty, extremely disappointing and very frustrating from a consumer standpoint.

Hello Matthew,

Thank you for the detailed message. We have thoroughly investigated your account and have reviewed our systems to validate purchase date, contact dates and warranty status at the time of contact.

As you know, MYX offers an industry generous 1-year parts and labor warranty effective from date of delivery. This policy has been thoroughly vetted amongst our Executives and is equally enforced across all our eligible equipment.

Our records confirm that your warranty expired on January 25, 2022, which is 1-year post delivery.

Unfortunately, you contacted us on October 10th, 2022, regarding the tablet issue – 8 months outside of the warranty period. As a result of being significantly outside of the warranty period, we’re unable to provide a tablet replacement under the policy.

For your reference, please see the warranty policy FAQs: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1585/catid/0/TLP/0.

If you need help purchasing the tablet, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our customer service team at Faq.Beachbody.com.

Reviewed Sept. 28, 2022

1. I was transferred from openfit to the beach body without my permission. I enjoyed the openfit interface.
    2. This Beachbody is entirely commercial, complicated, and frustrating.

3. When you want to cancel your membership, even this complicated! You need to contact the support, receiving emails, confirming, explaining and go through all this process! Unbelievable! I don't recommend them. Don't waste your money! They care how to push their products to sell and not how to care about people.

Hello Irina,

Your Openfit subscription was transferred to Beachbody during the Openfit/Beachbody migration. Communication was sent to all Openfit subscribers prior to the merger. All subscriptions can be cancelled online via self service on your account as outlined on the following FAQ: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4070/catid/0/TLP/0.

Upon reviewing our systems, we have confirmed your subscription has been cancelled and you submitted a request to delete your account, which is still processing. You will receive a confirmation email once your account has been deleted.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed Aug. 7, 2022

I used Openfit for years and LOVED it! Some truly incredible instructors and on demand workout options. Then Beachbody bought Openfit and it all went downhill. There were a handful of very vague emails explaining this merger process and how Openfit customers would "migrate" to the Beachbody platform. It seemed easy and like things should go smoothly. Very little needed to be done, my subscription should transfer and stay the same price as long as it stayed current. I completed this merge and successfully used the new platform for a couple weeks. Seemed ok. Then went to login for my lunch workout and was locked out of all the videos. I understand that there can be glitches when this kind of merger happens. I contacted customer support expecting to be guided through how to fix the hiccup. But instead I was given the runaround and told all I needed to do was sign up for a new (now more expensive) subscription.

The whole point of a merger is that you provide the precious customers the same experience and expectations they had with their old brand and expand upon it. This was nothing more than a bait and switch. Apparently my subscription had "expired" even though I was on auto-payment for Openfit and continued to be billed for that subscription. You can't continue to bill someone for a service you say has expired. When I asked customer support on how to correct this, they told me to take it up with my bank. I am incredibly disappointed and unhappy with this whole process.

Hello Ralena,

Upon reviewing our systems, we have confirmed you were subscribed to Openfit via Roku. If you purchased a subscription via the Openfit app (through Apple, Google Play, Roku, etc), or have auto-renew turned off and you do not have an existing Beachbody on Demand (BOD) + BODi (BOD Interactive) membership, you will get access to Beachbody on Demand (BOD) + BODi (BOD Interactive) content through the end of your subscription term. When your subscription expires, you can sign up at the current Beachbody membership price.

Your recent Openfit subscription expired on August 5, 2022, this information was indicated on the email notification sent regarding the merge. If you were billed through Roku, please contact Roku to request a refund.

For additional information, please review the following FAQ under "When Openfit customers are integrated, what will happen to their existing Openfit memberships?

Reviewed May 2, 2022

I purchased PIYO and then changed my mind. I ordered it by Amazon 1st and only needed one disc because it was so cheap. The disc got a pin size hole in it and wouldn't play. I ordered another set, but then found it cheaper elsewhere. Please don't use them.

Reviewed April 3, 2022

I have purchased a few programs digitally through Beachbody that I was told were mine to keep even if I wasn’t subscribing anymore and that they would always be accessible through my library. Apparently that was untrue and I can no longer afford the subscription so I have lost the hundreds of dollars that I spent on these programs. Had a very long chat conversation with three separate people who just kept telling me the same thing over and over. My request was that if I am not allowed to have access to the digital programs, could they not send me the dvd’s for the programs that I paid for? I didn’t think that was an unreasonable request. Their response was repeatedly no. So basically they take your money and then don’t give you what you paid for. Stay away!

Hi Kim,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us. Upon an account review, we see we were able to resolve your inquiry to your satisfaction. We have sent an e-mail with a phone number to contact us back if you have any further questions or concerns that need to be looked at. Please note for future reference that "Beachbody On Demand" needs to be activated to view our workouts. Please visit FAQ article number 8276 for more information here regarding early access to specific programs: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8276/catid/0/TLP/0

Reviewed Feb. 20, 2022

I was happy with Beachbody but it's expensive. I canceled my annual membership but I didn't get to keep the programs I purchased in addition to the annual membership. Be aware that you lose everything.

Hello Tina,

In order to utilize our workout programs, a Beachbody On Demand membership is required.

Upon reviewing your account, we see that your annual subscription was canceled on February 17, 2022.

Please see the following FAQ for additional details: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8276/catid/0/TLP/0

Reviewed Feb. 6, 2022

I used Beachbody for a few months and then moved on to another program with a personal trainer. The program renewed itself and charged my card. I didn't get an email reminder or I would have cancelled. When I went to do my monthly accounting and realized this I contacted them about a refund and they refused. I know many companies operate this way but I personally find it a poor business model. I'm out $100.

Hi Holly,

Upon reviewing your account, we’ve confirmed you purchased a 9 Week Control Freak BOD Performance Pack on December 29, 2020. This package included an annual subscription for Beachbody On Demand. The terms and conditions for the subscriptions included with this package were presented at the time of purchase. However, as a one-time courtesy to turn your experience with us around, we will process a full refund for the renewal. Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to reflect on the card linked to the charge depending on your financial institution. We hope this meets your satisfaction.

Reviewed Nov. 8, 2021

We ordered the Beachbody MYX Home Studio on October 7th. We conducted a lot of research and chose the Beachbody system because it is new and the shipping time was considerably less than Peloton. The estimated ship time was 1-3 weeks. October 14th we received a notification that the shipment was arriving Oct. 22nd. We also noticed a discrepancy between the location pin and our address. They have the correct address but the wrong location. This started an extensive dialogue and run-around that has us beyond frustrated. To this day if you track our shipment the, est. delivery is Oct. 29th.

We have contacted the shipper countless time with no response. Finally they responded on Nov. 2nd and said their records show the shipment was due on Oct. 20th and that they had not receive it, and that they would conduct a "dock search" and give me an update. We have not received any update with any delivery information. Reading between the line...the shipment is lost. We have reached out to Beachbody/MYX more times than I care to admit.

To their credit they respond very quickly. Unfortunately it is repetitive non-sense. "We are still working on your inquiry." "Thanks for checking in and for your patience as your MYX makes its way to you." The last message I received with tracking information was received on Nov. 4th, IT SHOWS AN ETA OF OCT. 29th!!! Obviously no one is actually on the other end of the line and we still have no update as to where the shipment is, no plan and no resolution. We were very excited to join the Beachbody Team but this as completely taken the wind out of our sails...

Hello Brady,

We are truly sorry for your experience with your bike purchase.

We see that you have been in communication with the Myx team in regard to your order.

It appears you have requested to cancel your order on November 11, 2021.

Your order has been canceled and a refund was also processed.

Customer ServicePriceStaff

Reviewed Sept. 5, 2021

I understand that places are short staffed right now and Covid took a toll on a lot of businesses. However, this is the second month in a row I have received the wrong order from Beachbody. This time I ordered Energize and got Shakeology. I don’t even use the Shakeology as I am allergic to it. They have replaced my order. But instead of apologizing and saying it was their fault they blamed Fed Ex?? Why is Fed Ex filling your orders? And the customer service guy tried to charge me for re-shipping my order? For real? He finally stopped talking long enough for me to say I would be canceling all further orders and then he decided to refund my original expedited shipping I paid for and they’re resending my order expedited. I really do love their supplements but this is getting a little ridiculous. I am Getting really frustrated at them at this point. One time…ok it was a mistake. But repeatedly sending me the wrong order is just plain neglect on quality control.

Hi Kristen,

We are truly sorry you were sent the incorrect item.

A reshipment has been processed and is scheduled for delivery on September 10, 2021.

We have provided our contact details via email to gather additional information regarding your experience.

Reviewed July 26, 2021

I bought their protein shake in June, I made sure that I chose a one time buy because I wanted to try it out and was not ready to commit. Come July, they charge my card again with claims that I made a monthly subscription. Talking to customer care, it is like a back and forth argument on whether or not I chose the monthly subscription. I am transferred to a couple of people and told that they cannot issue a free return label because there is nothing wrong with the protein powder and that I will be charged $9 for a return label. They refused to issue a refund even if I did not authorize the purchase. This is feels like sneaky theft!!!!

Hello Eva,

We confirmed that on June 26, 2021, you purchased a 3-Day Refresh and Shakeology Challenge Pack.

Please note, all Challenge Packs included a monthly subscription. This is the reason your monthly Shakeology Cafe Latte Vegan order was processed on July 26, 2021. We have canceled your subscription and provided a return label to return the item.

Customer ServiceSales & MarketingPrice

Reviewed July 10, 2021

I contacted a coach to try out the Hydration stuff and apparently they signed me up for the monthly subscription. I did not realize this until a month later when they charged me for it again. I immediately went to the website to try to cancel it, however it said the order was "processing" so could not be cancelled, nor did it give me an option myself to cancel my subscription or remove my debit card on file. It gave me a run around to the point that I was texting customer service and they said that I had to return the item to get my money back, but that they would cancel my subscription. This time, I accepted that fact and trusted that this is how it would go down. I even checked the website under membership/subscriptions and it no longer showed that I was signed up for anything. A month later, they charged me for it yet again! Once again, I got the same run around.

30 minutes later on the phone, they directed me to the Resolution Center (because apparently customer service is not enough for these reoccurring problems) where they still tried telling me that they would cancel and I would have to send the item back to get my money back. I was not accepting of that answer this time when I did not authorize the sale. Finally, they agreed to refund me my money and cancel my subscription and I could keep my current product that was being shipped. Although I did not want the product, they said that they could not cancel the shipment (even though it had not shipped yet).

A couple of days later, I received an email stating that my subscription was finally cancelled and I received a PARTIAL refund!! They still kept the money for shipping and taxes! I sat on the phone for 30 minutes on hold, waiting for the Resolution Center yet again when they simply just hung up on me while on hold.... I also never received my refund for the item a month prior that I shipped back. This company is an absolute scam and left me with no choice but to shut down my debit card since it was still on file and they refused to take it off. I do not trust that they would still charge me for stuff that I did not authorize. My "coach" was also no help as she ignored my messages and still posted on social media about her "company paid vacations" that they gave her, which I now know came out of the customers' pockets from all of these scams. I wish I would have looked at online reviews prior to falling for this. Buyer Beware!

Hi Kaylee,

We are truly sorry you were billed for a product although you've previously requested to cancel.

We have confirmed your subscriptions are cancelled and no further charges will process.

A refund has also been processed for the most recent charge.

Reviewed June 25, 2021

Beachbody is an all-in-one solution for fitness, health, and motivation to help meet your health and fitness goals. The line of Beachbody products all motivated me to push myself to meet new health and fitness goals.

Hi Austin,

We are pleased to hear how well Beachbody is helping you to achieve your fitness goals.

Keep up the good work!

Reviewed June 22, 2021

I signed up for a trial membership, which I cancelled within the 14 day trial period. I was just charged for a membership! I contacted customer service, first, via text. It took 50 minutes for the person to tell me they couldn't see the charge on their end (it is showing as pending in my bank) and they would 'watch my account', and when they saw the charge come through they would refund me. I called customer service next to try to resolve it that way. I tried to explain the situation to this second person. I could barely understand her and I asked her if there was a customer service manager, or someone in the US, I could speak with, she then hung up on me. I made a THIRD call, immediately asked for a manager and was transferred to Christine on the "Escalation Team". In 7 minutes the issue was resolved and the money credited back to my account. It took me close to an hour, and a LOT of frustration, to accomplish something that should have taken 7 minutes.

Hi Sharon,

We apologize for your experience with our customer service support. We value our customers and our goal is to always provide excellent service. Upon reviewing your account, we confirmed your subscription was successfully cancelled on June 22, 2021. A refund has also been provided for the Beachbody On Demand billing.

Please accept our apologies for your experience.

Staff

Reviewed June 10, 2021

They need to address the seniors needs as to our special exercises versus everyone else. They put everyone under a general umbrella which is non all inclusive.

That needs to change in order to keep their membership.

Beachbody Company Information