3.8/5 (503 ratings)
Learn More
Call Now Toll Free

About Beachbody

Beachbody is a leading provider of fitness, nutrition and weight loss programs. Its customers can choose from a wide variety of workout styles to reach their fitness goals. From active workouts to the Shakeology program, Beachbody’s programs are easily accessible and deliver results.

Pros

• Exercise and diet guidance
  • Provides support and motivation
  • Wide variety of programs

Cons

• Costly program upgrades

Bottom Line

Beachbody’s diverse weight loss programs are pricey, but the results may be worth the money. With a strong community and access to a coach, each program gives you a personalized weight loss experience.

Beachbody Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Beachbody?

Original review: June 22, 2021

I signed up for a trial membership, which I cancelled within the 14 day trial period. I was just charged for a membership! I contacted customer service, first, via text. It took 50 minutes for the person to tell me they couldn't see the charge on their end (it is showing as pending in my bank) and they would 'watch my account', and when they saw the charge come through they would refund me. I called customer service next to try to resolve it that way. I tried to explain the situation to this second person. I could barely understand her and I asked her if there was a customer service manager, or someone in the US, I could speak with, she then hung up on me. I made a THIRD call, immediately asked for a manager and was transferred to Christine on the "Escalation Team". In 7 minutes the issue was resolved and the money credited back to my account. It took me close to an hour, and a LOT of frustration, to accomplish something that should have taken 7 minutes.

Hi Sharon,

We apologize for your experience with our customer service support. We value our customers and our goal is to always provide excellent service. Upon reviewing your account, we confirmed your subscription was successfully cancelled on June 22, 2021. A refund has also been provided for the Beachbody On Demand billing.

Please accept our apologies for your experience.

Original review: June 10, 2021

They need to address the seniors needs as to our special exercises versus everyone else. They put everyone under a general umbrella which is non all inclusive.

That needs to change in order to keep their membership.

Original review: May 11, 2021

I signed up hoping this will help me. I struggled my whole life with my weight and figured this may work. After a year of dedication and workouts and making monthly payments I’ve seen no change so I’ve decided to cancel. I used the chat option to cancel the plan and I received a confirmation of cancellation. 2 weeks later I was charged $100. Apparently if I don’t sign a form it won’t cancel. I called to dispute the charge the same day and I was given the runaround. Your methods of customer service sucks and I will never recommend anyone to use your program again. Btw I’m still not being honored my refund because now my account is cancelled and my information is miraculously lost.

Hello Cristina,

Upon reviewing our systems, we see there was a request submitted to delete your account information.

Your account was successfully deleted on May 9, 2021. We are unable to review any prior account history to process a refund.

Here is a link to our FAQ regarding the request to delete an account:

Original review: April 14, 2021

I called and cancelled my membership and everything that went with it 38 months ago mainly because I wasn't using the products and didn't want to waste any more of my money. I spoke to a lady who helped me cancel my memberships. Lo and behold, Beachbody has been charging my account ever since Jan 2018, because I didn't fill out a specific form. I was never told by anyone that I had to fill out an extra form. I spoke to a gentleman, yesterday, who helped me with the current situation and he told me that I would be getting a refund because of the situation. I then get an email from the company stating that I would get a partial "credit." Let me be very clear, I don't want anything to do with Beachbody, and haven't since January of 2018! I DON'T WANT A CREDIT! I want my money back.

Hello Sage,

Your coach account was successfully canceled on April 13, 2021.

We have issued additional refunds for the business service fee.

Please allow up to 3 business days to receive depending on your financial institution.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Original review: April 2, 2021

I have been a Beachbody member since April, 2020. I paid for a yearly subscription. Beachbody came out with a new program in January 2021 that I wanted to try and my coach encouraged me to try it out. She told me that I would have to pay $200 to get the new program, and included in that, would be a yearly subscription. I paid the $200, did the program, and now Beachbody is charging me another $135 for the yearly subscription. I called the customer service at Beachbody and told them what my coach said and they said there was "nothing to be done because I was outside of the 30 days to upgrade my membership". They said that I only purchased a 9 week program for $200!!!! And the yearly subscription wasn't included. Why in a million years would I pay $200 for only a 9 week program when it wouldn't include the yearly subscription and I was going to be charged $135 only 3 months later.

This company is a scam with horrible customer service. The "escalation" team member even agreed with my point and understood what had happened and they STILL wouldn't do anything about it. I was supposed to hear from corporate within 24-48 hours and haven't heard back. Would not recommend because if you ever have an issue, this billion dollar company will do nothing for you.

Hi Laura,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us regarding your account. As discussed, a refund has been processed for the Beachbody On Demand charge. Please allow three business days to receive the refund depending on your financial institution.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2021

Really disgusted! Went to renew my membership online and could not believe they raised the 6 month membership by $20 and their 3 month membership by $25 DURING A GLOBAL PANDEMIC. People are forced to be home, millions are out of work and this company wants to take everything they have. They were over priced to begin with.

Hello Marni,

New members in Canada will have an increase due to the exchange rate by $10-$20 (based on membership). *Existing Beachbody On Demand members who join prior to January 6th will not be subject to the price change and will continue to be billed at their current rate until they cancel.

For more information, please review the following FAQ: https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7555/catid/0/TLP/0.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2021

The workouts are awesome, but the website crashes EVERY SINGLE TIME. I live in San Francisco, have high-speed internet and have no issues with Zoom, streaming other videos but this company is SO BEHIND THE TIMES when it comes to their actual website. PLEASE hire a real website company to fix this!! Otherwise, I love the actual workouts - such a shame!

Dear Carolyn,

We are sorry to hear you are having difficulty streaming.

We have reached out to you directly for further assistance to resolve your issue.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2021

I have used the Morning Meltdown Program to help me get into shape and lose weight. It was a great way for me to have an exercise regimen from my own home. I did lose some weight with the program but not as much as I anticipated. It's not a bad program, but it's not the best one either.

Hello Bobby!

We have a variety of workout programs that may be a better fit for your fitness goals.

With Beachbody On Demand, you will have access to hundreds of programs.

Your feedback is truly appreciated.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2021

I clearly told my coach upon signing up I did not want the Shakeology or the three month membership. Rather I would want the yearly membership for $99.00. They Billed me for 3 months @ $44.50 = $133.50. Plus billed for shakeology $130.00. They would not refund my money even with proof via text between me and my coach. Very bad customer service and will try to scam you to be able to bill your bank account as much as possible by misleading you the entire time. They fought me tooth and nail for a $165.00 refund and I still wanted to be a customer?!?! Very bad business.

Lady even told me that even though the coach told me one thing that when I came to the term agreement I should have read through its entirety and it's not their fault that they do not educate their trainers on purchasing and memberships. (Why would she be handling it and telling me information regarding each one? Wrong information at that!!) Other than that yes Beachbody is a good place to get a workout @ home but man y'all need to fix what's going on behind closed doors and stop scamming. Horrible business. Tony Horton would not be proud!!

Hello Joshua,

We confirmed a refund has been processed for the quarterly Beachbody On Demand charges.

We have also reached out to you via email for additional assistance.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2021

This is a great program with a lot of different workout options. Good for all fitness levels. If you purchase the supplements and shakeology, the price can add up quickly. The coaches often have a Facebook page for further accountability.

Hi Lauren,

We are happy to know that you are enjoying our fitness programs.

We have bundle options, which include lots of savings.

You may review our FAQ for further details. https://faq.beachbody.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3012/catid/0/TLP/0

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

Excellent program that allows you to utilize the workouts at home or away. Available for streaming on cell phones, computers and tablets. You can follow the order of the programs or pick a favorite!

Hi Cassandra!

We are thrilled to know that you are enjoying our workouts and easy access to streaming from multiple devices.

Keep up the good work and we wish you the best on your fitness goals.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2021

I purchased Team Beach Body BOD for $99 in 2019 & 2020 and was charged an outrageous tax rate of $12.71. I live in Hillsborough County Florida where the tax rate is 8.5% and the tax amount is not $12.71 on the amount of $99. I filled out their tax form complaining about the overcharge. I feel as though I am getting the brush off and the runaround when I called Customer Service. I appreciate if you could help me resolve this matter. Receipts are available by request. Thanks.

Hello Barbara,

A credit has been processed for the difference in the amount charged for your taxes based on the city and state you reside.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2020

I ordered the Shakeology vegan sampler. I immediately noticed I was double charged. I have an emailed transcript- the billing team could not see my double charge because my shipment had not arrived. I was referred to an 1-800 number and the problem was never corrected. Later I discovered an email that my shipment would be delayed. I will never work with this company again- pyramid scheme left a bad taste in my mouth.

Hello Maria,

We were unable to locate an account with any recent orders or billing. Please contact us if you have any additional information to better assist you. We have also sent an email requesting further information.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2020

The coaching from this company was atrocious. They bestow the title of "coach" onto any half-wit willing to sell their protein shakes. Completely devoid of any intellectual integrity, this company propagates misinformation and pseudoscience through uneducated, misinformed, and very sad people trying to eke out a living at the margins of online peer-to-peer marketing sales. Take a hard PASS on any and all things Beach Body. Save your money and take an actual trip to the beach, it would be better spent.

Hello Alexander,

Typically, our Coaches start out as customers using Beachbody fitness and nutrition products. When they start to get results, people tend to notice and ask what they are doing. Often they end up coaching these people on their own journey. They enjoy helping others achieve the results they've achieved using Beachbody products and want to share that with others.We attempted to reach you by phone; however, we were unsuccessful. We followed up via email to the contact we have listed on your complaint. We were unable to locate an account for you. Please contact us back to address your concerns.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2020

I was charged $300 for a product and 3 weeks later I still have not received it. Customer service is terrible and they told me it will at least be another 8 days before it ships. When I asked to cancel the order, they said they cannot because it has been processed and they cannot cancel orders after that. I have never experienced something like this in my life.

Hello Kelley,

It was a pleasure speaking with you today. I certainly apologize for the recent shipping delay of your order and any inconvenience it may have caused. Just to confirm that your order shipped from our warehouse on November 12, 2020. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2020

I fell in love with the program and it made me feel great. I had to cancel for financial reasons, however, and I planned on recommitting when I could financially afford the subscription fees. However, I noticed after 10 months that I was still being charged and called requesting a refund. They refunded me for 3 months and refused to refund the rest. This is a billion-dollar company that refused to refund a hard-working mother less than $100 even though I had proof that I had canceled back in January. They told me I had agreed to this, however, no information was ever provided to me about the subscription fees EVEN AFTER I CANCELED.

I will be using another workout program moving forward. I disliked the products, the only one I would buy was the fruit punch pre-workout. I purchased smoothies, hydrate, and post-workout from Isagenix which has much better products. I will no longer recommend this company after the way I was treated today. A billion-dollar company can't refund less than $100 during a pandemic. Pathetic and laughable??? I just found out they deleted my proof of cancelation from my account. I canceled on 1/08/2020. I did not get charged a fee in January or February but I began getting charged a fee again in March. I didn't know I was being charged until I received an email alert that my credit card had insufficient funds.

Hello Brittany,

Our records show that you spoke with our corporate office on October 20, 2020. We were unable to locate a cancellation request of your coach account prior October 17, 2020. A Coach Business Account cancellation request must include a Cancellation Form (with corresponding account information) and a required physical or electronic signature. Our corporate office processed Two additional refunds were provided to you, for a total of five.

Original review: Sept. 25, 2020

I ordered Beachbody in April 2020, I never received the video and they entered me in a membership. After trying to reach them for several months, I couldn't log in because I had never created an account. Finally the other day I received an email stating they wanted me to renew my membership. I kindly explained my situation all for them to return via chat text to tell me they could not refund me because the time limit for that had expired but they could cancel my membership. So I am warning all consumers out there. Don't do business with a company that does not honor your hard earned dollars. I am sure they could have accommodated me in some kind of way. They never even tried or offered for THEIR mistake. Shame on Beachbody.

Hello Basimah,

Although your Beachbody On Demand membership is outside of the 30-day money back period, based on your situation below we have approved and refunded the charge to you. Please allow 3-5 working days for your refund to post to your financial institution. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Great workout programs. Various programs to fit all needs, levels and interests. Some are a little on the pricey side but a good investment for your health. Calling in to place order means a sales call but not too pushy.

Hello Susie,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to leave us feedback. It is always great to hear that not only are our workouts working well for you but that it is giving you a great verity too choose from.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I've been using the Beachbody system for several years now and would highly recommend it to any one looking for a weight loss and exercise system that gets you results! Not only has it guided me on my weight loss journey, but it has also improved my overall health and helped me maintain a level of fitness I've never had before, much less been able to sustain. Having on-demand, world class exercise instructors at your fingertips is invaluable, especially during times when I've been working out almost exclusively at home. I especially love the T25 workouts because Shaun T is so fun and motivating. He doesn't lie when he says that he'll get you in amazing shape if you just trust and believe (and do the workouts).

Hello Emily,

Thank you for taking the time to point out how valuable being able to work out at home during this time is, and for trusting our workouts into your home! Congrats on your fitness goals!

Original review: July 25, 2020

There are so many choices! When you pay for a membership, you get access to many different types of programs. From fitness beginner to extremely advanced there is something for every level of fitness. But unlike a lot of other programs this caters to many different interests. There are yoga programs, MMA, aerobic-type, some weight-training, and others. I did the first month of the Insanity program and loved it. Saw major results. When I started having trouble with my knee, I switched to Core de Force, which I am loving! The ability to easily change and choose what you want is great - many other platforms would require you to pay separately for each program!

Hello Sherry,

Thank you for leaving your feedback and thoughts regarding our Beachbody on demand program, and for letting people now that we have a workout ready for anybody, at whatever level you are starting at!

Original review: July 24, 2020

You get a large variety of services and help with Beachbody. My only problem with it and that it is geared to individuals who are already pretty fit and you have to realize that when you are starting the program and go very slow if you are NOT very fit.

Hello Julie,

We appreciate your feedback. We do have a large number of workouts geared towards beginners or individuals that are starting over in their fitness journey. Please feel free to contact us if you ever need more information on which videos are more geared towards beginners or low impact. We are always happy to help.

Original review: July 23, 2020

The community of beach body as a whole was great. Structured workouts and support. I do not like the fact and marketing and pushing the products. I am not an aggressive at sales so I ended up losing more money than I invested.

Dear Christy,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I was happy to hear that our community is a good fit for you and we are very happy to have you part of it. I was unable to locate your account in our system with the information provided in your review. We value your feedback. I am following up with you via email and would like to connect with you to get more details in order to forward your feedback and suggestions.

Original review: June 26, 2020

According to CLUBINDUSTRY, a web-based Health & Fitness publication, “Beachbody will cease operations of Beachbody LIVE on March 1, 2020," according to an announcement from Beachbody. “The rise of exclusive boutique studios, custom programming, and the growing desire to work out via an abundance of fitness apps” hindered Beachbody LIVE’s ability to scale as management had anticipated, the announcement noted.”

Beachbody LIVE is alive and well, and now they're out there pursuing live on-line fitness business models under different names. Personally, when I heard a TV ad for a free trial for an on-line fitness service, OpenFit, open to the first 25,000 respondents I texted the code, provided by the advertiser, OpenFit. In order to go to the next step, I provided a debit card number. What I did not do was to download the app from Google Play, nor did I activate my account on said app, and therefore did not receive any service from this provider. However, I was charged $96. Immediately, I began to try to get my money back. The charge on my card listed as OPENFIT HEALTH&FITNESS, Tel no 3108839000. This telephone number is answered by Beachbody.

Googling Beachbody, I came across the announcement with which I began this narrative - Beachbody is no longer in this business, or is it? I began to smell a rodent. Neither of the telephone attendants at the number dialed per the charge (answered by Beachbody), nor the number I was given for Beachbody Customer Service, could even FIND me in their systems. I am currently disputing this charge with my Bank’s FRAUD specialists.

Hello Jeffrey,

Per your request, we have cancelled your OpenFit membership and have issued a refund to you. Please allow 3-5 working days for your refund to post to your financial institution.

Original review: June 12, 2020

I love Beachbody on demand. I bought a membership on september 2019. The app used to work no problem by then, I was able to sign in on my Asus tablet/laptop. I was able to sign in on our projector with a little bit of buffer but it resolve really quick. But few weeks when they updated the beachbody on demand app, I can’t sign in and doesnt work on my asus tablet. Doesn't work anymore on firefox in our projector. Only works on my apple phone but I can’t use phone coz its too small I cant see, I have eye problem. My husband tried to log in to amazon silk I could sign in but it is really slow, keep stopping, reloading, buffer, I can’t exercise. Please bring back the old version of the app.

Hello Marilou,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I am sorry that I do not have a contact phone number on file in which to reach you. I have followed up with you via email. You can also reach our online chat support under our help section on our website.

Original review: May 27, 2020

I signed up thinking there could be some value in this for a home workout during quarantine. I VERY quickly realized they just want you to buy a bunch of equipment from them to be able to do any of the workouts. There's some body weight ones, but nothing special. It's all just a ploy to get you in and to buy all their products. Would be fine if you had a varied mix, but it's really plain to see what they're doing.

Also, should point out that advertising shows this vast questionnaire that perfectly matches you with the program you need. Yeah, that's fake. You're thrown online to a variety of courses and given a digital coach that apparently just works off a script. So, I go to cancel almost immediately. I call, am on hold for about 45 minutes before I decide to try again online, this was at the beginning of quarantine, maybe phones are bogged down. They interrupt you on hold to remind you how easy it is to cancel or change things online.

All of their cancellation links are suspiciously down. So I chat with a guy online, he says that he will cancel it, but I still have access till the end of the month, yadda yadda. Got a confirmation email, so I figured it's ok. 30 days later, I get charged. I'm now on hold for 90 minutes, there can't be this many people calling Beachbody. They trap you in, make it EXTREMELY annoying to cancel in hopes that the normal housewife that's too busy will just forget about it. Well, I have nothing to do, so let's see how long I have to wait... And how the cancellation process goes once I get someone on the phone.

So after an 1hr 45mins, I got through. Apparently no records of a cancellation. They're also going to say that you're signed up for other services, just say no and that you want your money back. Be persistent. Put you on hold for another 10 minutes while they research and "see what they can do." They say that their system is having issues even though you can see reviews from years ago saying the same thing. This should be illegal.

Beachbody response

Our records show that you spoke with our customer service on May 27, 2020. Per your request, your Beachbody On Demand membership was cancelled and a refund was issued to you. Please allow 3-5 working days for your refund to post to your account. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I love Beachbody on Demand, but trying to cancel a Shakeology subscription or anything else you order from there is a nightmare. You should just add a button so I can cancel instead of having to wait forever to get someone to do it for me. I spend the better part of 2 hours trying to cancel a subscription for my wife and myself.

Beachbody response

Thank you for reaching out to us. Our records show that you spoke with our customer service on May 12, 2020 and your request to cancel your shakeology shipments was successfully completed at that time. We are always looking for ways on how to improve our service and your feedback regarding additional options on how to cancel shakeology in the future have been submitted. Please contact us if there is anything else that we can help you with.

Original review: March 26, 2020

In this stressful climate, I signed up my entire staff for a Beachbody on demand membership, using my business Visa. Nowhere on the site did the it say I couldnt use my visa to sign up my team. The visa processed. I let my staff know they could start to exercise while they were self isolated to reduce their stress and then their memberships started to get canceled because of a fraud concern. There were no phone calls placed first or emails with a warning, instead, I was embarressed as my team couldnt access. I then waited 2 days to be contacted with no solution offered for a team membership, the online support was atrocious. I will not be referring anyone else to this company.

Dear Florence,

I sincerely apologize for the negative experience you have recently had with trying to sign up your team with Beachbody on Demand memberships and any inconvenience that has caused you. At this time, for security purposes Beachbody currently requires customer’s to sign up individually with their own credit card information. We are always looking for ways on how to improve our service and customer experience, please rest assured as I will be forwarding feedback to my teams regarding this situation as to better our services in the future.

Resolution response: May 9, 2020

I appreciate the refund. I would have given a higher rating but I had to beg, grovel and plead for help to resolve the issue. Once I posted publicly then they resolved. Again, thank you for my money back but it should not be that hard.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2020

I had difficulty with Google Play and the App. I talked with someone from the online chat twice, called in 3 times and Beachbody people said that are not able to fix and call Google. Google said it was their problem to fix, it was not fun to go back and forth and get no assistance. 3 weeks later for whatever magical internet moment it was working. But in the mean time I found a better app with a company that had better customer service. A waster of 110.00.

Beachbody response

We are sorry that Beachbody on Demand didn’t work out for you. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to work with you to resolve this issue. We are happy to report that we were able to work with Google Play to have a refund processed on your behalf.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

I signed up under a coach, and I did not know I was being signed up as a coach. So when I canceled after 30 days, I thought that was hit. No more charges. I thought I was canceling everything. Come to find out the only thing that was canceled were the shakes. Customer service did not ask me at that time if I would like to cancel membership. I was not even aware there was a membership fee. I was then charged $15.95 for seven months. Because it came off of my credit card, it went undetected until my former coach made me aware of it. I am not happy with Beachbody. This is really a scam, in my opinion. Something needs to change in their communication with new members.

Dear Sara,

Upon review of your account, we found that you cancelled your shakeology shipments on 6/29/2019. At the time of the call the agent did inform you that although your shakeology shipments were cancelled, your account was still an active coach account.

As a Team Beachbody Coach, for your security, it is the sole responsibility of the Coach, to submit an Independent Coach Cancellation Form to request Cancellation of one’s Account. Coach Cancellation Requests must be submitted online and cannot be received via chat or phone. Once the signed Independent Coach Cancellation Form is received and accepted, the Coach account will be cancelled within 24 hours.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I love Beachbody. I love the easy access. I love the shakes. I love my preworkout. I love being a coach. I would recommend it to anyone any day of the week. However, every month I receive the same order of Shakeology. This past month I was sent the wrong flavor and I had to fill out a small report to exchange the package and get the correct one. That was all fine but when I was sent the new package there were some shipping labels to send the product back. I was confused about what steps to take next and called customer support. There was a serious language barrier and the lady on the other end was telling me she understood was I was saying but giving me answers that had nothing to do with what I was saying.

Fast forward, I call another customer support representative because all I needed to know is if I need a RA# for an exchange. After being on the phone for far too long, getting no answers I needed with another language barrier, I hung up and got online where I asked for help through the chat option. It was then that I figured out you don't even need an RA# for an exchange. I spent nearly a week trying to figure out how to send this package back, when it wasn't my mistake to begin with. The company sent me the wrong back of shake and I spent a week trying to send it back so I didn't get charged $100. If I were running a multi million dollar company, and I made a mistake and sent a customer the wrong item, I would tell them to keep it and then fix what the mistake the company made. I should not have had to do as much work to return that package. Beachbody needs to design a better way to explain the exchange and return directions and policies.

Hi Allie,

We are so happy to hear that our products are helping you live a more healthy and fulfilling life. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent customer service experience. I am very sorry to hear that your exchange did not go as smoothly as it should have. Please reset assured that our team is looking into the issue and reviewing the interactions with our customer service to provide additional feedback and training going forward. We appreciate you bring this to our attention.

Beachbody Company Information