1.11/5
Based on 173 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Jackson, TN

Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Feb. 16, 2018

932 Apria Healthcare Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
Original review: Feb. 16, 2018

I have been receiving CPAP supplies through Apria since becoming eligible for Medicare last year, but have been using a BIPAP machine for 10 years so I have lots available for comparison. Apria outsources to India and other countries and trains reps to be polite but they have absolutely no understanding and do nothing but read from prepared scripts. I thought that ordering supplies from them was always very difficult. However, it wasn't until I was eligible for a new BIPAP machine through Medicare that my real nightmare began and still continues. It took five months, hours of phone calls each month repeatedly sending in requested information until they finally sent me a new BIPAP machine. And then the catch 22 kicked in: They wanted me to complete a compliance review within 30-90 days before sending me any needed supplies. But they only sent me one nasal pillow which is good for 14 days.

So today I had to order and pay for supplies so that I can be on the new machine long enough to complete the compliance period and get certified by my doctor. Additionally, they told me that my sleep study and face to face notes were not conducted by a Certified sleep doctor. This was completely wrong! They were looking at my General practitioner who forwarded the study and notes and not the doctor who performed the study. Also they just sent me a $2,000 BIPAP after months of confirming that I met all of the qualifications! And now they won't send the supplies needed to complete the compliance period? Absurd! And then there is the fact that I can purchase the BIPAP machine directly online for less than half the price that they have on their contract.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Worse company ever and we have HAD to use them for years. I have spent hours and I mean hours this week dealing with my husband's CPAP order. They charged my credit card but wouldn't supply an invoice, nor bill the insurance. Package shows up today NO PACKING SLIP, NO INVOICE AND ITEMS MISSING. I already spend 1 hour on the phone with them today getting passed from one person to the next. Called my insurance company MODA and they said they have had nothing but complaints recently about.

I am going to find out when I can get my husband in to see another specialist and get away from this horrible company. Customer Service is just as bad as the order processors. It is like a script they read and just keep saying the same thing. I am going to call my credit card company and start a dispute against this company. I am not paying for items they haven't shipped and I can't stand the thought of being on the phone for another hour with these idiots!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Feb. 11, 2018

They keep telling me my order will be shipped soon and I will be sent an email to verify. Three weeks, no equipment or email to let me know it’s on its way. Supposedly shipping out of Kansas, I’m in Colorado. Three days tops plus a week for insurance paperwork to be processed. I should have had enough time to place two separate orders by now. If they verified my insurance AND have my CC no., why can’t they just ship the items immediately???

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

Never had a good experience with Apria. Terrible customer service. Rarely anyone to speak with that can speak understandable English. Always a runaround with trying to take care of ANYTHING with them. I can't believe they are still in business. How they skate by and continue to get business is beyond me. I've never been made more angrier from dealing with a company's supposed customer service. I left them a long time ago and somehow they called me about a new order from my doctor.

I was going to give them another chance, but they screwed around with me on the phone for 20 minutes without answering a question after I returned their call. Plus, I was talking to someone who could barely speak English. I finally hung up and called my doctor to let them know that there is NO WAY I would deal with these charlatans again!!! Terrible people and a terrible company. RUN! Don't walk away from this company. It will bring you some peace while dealing with your medical problem.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

On 1-23-18 I re-ordered my CPAP supplies. I asked to have them sent to another address as I was out-of-town for six weeks. The supplies did not show up, so on 2-3-18 I called and got an offshore call center based in India. The representative was polite, but his English was so poor I was unable to get a straight answer as to where the supplies were or if they had even been sent. I tried again on 2-7-18 and again got the offshore call center. I asked if they could transfer me to someone in the US as they said the supplies were shipped on 1-29-18 - a full six days after I placed the order - but could not give be a tracking number and could not even tell me where the supplies were being shipped to.

I used a couple of their other numbers and finally got a woman in the US who was snotty, and that is being generous. She said all calls for CPAP supply follow-up were offshore and was not helpful in clarifying where the supplies were, saying only they should be received at my house soon. This is the third time APRIA has either screwed up an order or mailed it to the wrong address. When I ordered my supplies in October 2017, I explained to the representative that we had just moved, gave them the new address and told them to remove the old one. Lo and behold... they mailed my supplies to the old address. They are still sitting there waiting for us to return to put the house up for sale.

The place is run so incompetently that I don't know how they stay in business. And I hate dealing with issues when offshore resources are involved. While they are polite, they rarely speak good English and there is a cultural disconnect that makes it really difficult to determine whether they even understand what one is saying. Apria is making a good profit on this stuff, the least they could do is provide good customer service. Switching providers immediately. Run the other way if your insurance tells you Apria is a provider. There are others... and I cannot believe any of them could be as poorly run as Apria!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

In August of 2016, my wife received her CPAP mask and filter replacement. It was covered at 80% by Medicare, and our secondary insurer covered the remaining 20%, leaving us with no balance. In 2018, we received a bill from Apria for $20.07. They said that in 2017, the price of those items were RETROACTIVELY raised. They said we owed the difference. How can you get a bill for something when the price when we got the equipment was fully paid for, and a year later the price went up. They claimed the price was raised in 2017 for the items in 2016. IS THIS NUTS OR WHAT!!! They threatened us and said if we didn't pay they would pursue legal action. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS. NEEDLESS TO SAY, we have changed CPAP supply providers. We paid under protest.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

These people are pathetic! They don't update your address when new info is provided, they ship CPAP replacement products to non-existent addresses, charge you for the co-pay, then don't bother replacing all of the missed shipments. How does a company get this huge through such ineptitude?! I will pay full price for the products I need through cpap.com before ever using these idiots again. They are not worth the aggravation!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

A change of insurance forced me to change to Apria for my oxygen and CPAP supplies. When I was not home to answer a call they somehow got my wife's work number and began calling her at work. I put a stop to that as soon as possible. Then they started calling after 9 pm to my home. My wife is an early riser so they woke her up a couple of times. The Friday I was to get my equipment, between 1 and 5 pm, (and I sat at home waiting for the equipment) they called at 9:30, on a Friday night, to tell me I was next for delivery at 10:05 pm. I asked why no one had called to let me know they were late, the driver said it was not his fault, I should have called the office. They kept changing the schedule. I told them no chance they were coming at that hour. I asked them to call in the morning and deliver the next day. They finally called again on Sunday night, New Year's Eve at 7pm to tell me they would be there by 8 pm. Seriously people?

They insisted I have a new sleep study to get a CPAP (they would not support the one I had with supplies) so I saw the DR., got a study ordered, went to the study, found I need a BiPAP. Now because the DR is not on the Study read by a MD who signed his name, they will not supply the BiPAP. Even though I have provided a study report with both names they will not give me a BiPAP. The customer service people, when I try to speak with them, can barely speak English, they are heavily accented and they are belligerent.

When I asked to speak to a manager I was put on hold, no problem. Five minutes later I had the same service person back later telling me how she can't fix the problem and I need a new study. When I asked why I wasn't speaking to a manager she said "I am taking care of you". Again I demanded a manager and she put me on hold. I hung up 45 minutes later when the line went dead. I intend to write my health care about this horrible company. I hope they drop them asap.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2018

Horrible experience and customer service. I had obtained a CPAP machine covered by the state assisted medical coverage I had at the time. This machine was considered a rental and not owned. My wife found employment and this put us over the allowable threshold for coverage so we were dropped. I was contacted by an Apria representative about the machine and I explained that I did not have any current coverage, could not afford the machine and would like to return the equipment. The representative had a heavy accent and communication was extremely difficult. About a week after the call I receive an invoice in the mail for the full amount of the machine.

After calling customer service, waiting on hold for 45 minutes and speaking to someone else who I could not communicate with, I was transferred to a senior manager. She informed me that as of the day of the first (and only) call from them that the rental agreement was converted to “ownership”, I could not return the rented equipment and there was nothing they could do. I tried to explain that I could not afford the cost of the machine and that the original representative who contacted me did not explain the situation correctly or give me my options clearly. I am now stuck with a $1000 bill for equipment that was considered rented until Apria decided to force me to buy it under threat of sending the account to collections.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

I really feel for everyone that has to use this company. My husband is on oxygen 24x7 and we got stuck renting our equipment from Apria. We've had all of the described issues in previous reviews i.e. incorrect supplies, billing errors, harassing calls. Lucky for us there is a warehouse less than three miles from our house so when we get customer no-service over the phone we just drive there. Not lucky for them.

Last week my husband discovered mold in his internal filters and called for replacements. The wrong supplies came. He called again and confirmed that they have his equipment info and ordered supplies again. Wrong filters came again today. He called the branch office and told them that he got the wrong supplies again, and asked if he could come get the filters. They said he could. In the meantime he sees the service hours are way over on both machines. He isn't a tech, but knows this can't be a good thing.

He got to the Apria office to get his new filters and a guy comes out of the warehouse and tells him he can't have new filters. My husband has pulmonary fibrosis and cannot be breathing mold, so he says, "I will get the filters today." The young man snatched the moldy filter from my husband and wouldn't give it back. So my husband says to him, "Fine, I'll get it myself." He starts to go in the back and the young man says he's going to have him arrested. My husband said, "Good" and continues to look for better help.

In the meantime another man comes out and assists my husband who is now in the back offices. This man and the branch manager proceed to tell him it's okay to have mold in the filter. My husband disagrees with them and they did give him the new filters, and lo and behold, they realize that his machines are scheduled for service/calibration on February 12th! This is the second incident that could cause serious contraindications to his health while he awaits a lung transplant. Run far from this company! They literally just drop off oxygen equipment and wait for you to die! Oh, and of course they wouldn't return the moldy filter to him.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Today is 2/1/2018. Apria showed up 2 hrs early. I have standing instructions for 10 years now that I'm not home from 10-12. I'm at the Gym recovering from stroke and bypass. Apparently they came at 11:40 am. Leaving me a note of ''been by to service you" is not unusual. It is routine. I almost never see them even when I am home, I am sure they quietly drive up tap on the door and even if my garage is open... Car in garage, TV is blaring, they drive off. Never phone calling. They get credit for the call???

Apria has been on my crap list for a long time, mostly because of such service. I wondered could this just be me? I note the 800 # left on the call card doesn't connect me with the reschedule agent, just to customer service. Then you have to get another number and call that number to reschedule the appointment several weeks later. Hope they come after 1 pm, hope they call ahead, hope they sound their horn. This firm is in bad disrepair and service dept reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

After OVER A MONTH of back and forth with Apria, I had to cancel my order. I contacted them a month ago to get a price to purchase a replacement CPAP machine. Was told I could make a one time purchase of a replacement machine. Faxed documents to them. Two weeks went by, nothing. Called and was told I had to fax them a current doctor's order. They faxed my doctor’s office and my doctor faxed them the form back. Another week went by, nothing from Apria. Called them repeatedly, was put on hold for over 30 minutes twice and hung up on twice.

Finally, after I called my insurance company to try and get this resolved, THEY were put on hold for a half-hour and finally spoke to a Apria rep, who informed me that I could NOT purchase a CPAP machine. After a month of waiting and a dozen phone calls. Asked for them to convert this rental order I didn't ask for to a purchase and was told this was not possible. Cancelled my order. These people are idiots, DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Apria has the worst customer service! No one can give a clear consistent answer much less speak clear understandable English. I have tried for over a month to place an order for a hospital bed. After a month of calling them over four times to find out when the bed would be delivered. I was total 'sorry' they don't cover the bed I needed, after verify with beforehand with them they do. After being told they don't, I asked why has no one called me back, they said, “Oh sorry.” Come to find out they are trying to get approved the wrong type of bed. If they understood English that might help, but no telling. Now I have to start over again!

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

My husband requires oxygen 24/7 and his concentrator is faulty. We were given a 4 hour window of 10 am to 2 pm for the replacement unit, the delivery was revised to 12 noon to 4 pm, then revised again from 4:30 pm to 9:30 pm. This runaround happens every time we require service, supplies and or respond to their call for an inspection. EVERY TIME without fail. This is truly deplorable service for people who depend on the service from Apria. This company should be heavily fined or put out of business.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

Diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer and CPOD. Very difficult to breathe, especially at night, due to poor positioning when I sleep on my mattress. My oncologist, upon a visit was explained all this and suggested and prescribed me a hospital bed in that it would help me breathe by positioning my upper torso with an electronic positioning hospital bed. I called my insurance company and they offered to help me place an order thru a company called Apria Health. After countless phone calls and emails, 2 months passed by and still no bed. I was constantly told someone would contact me, but no one ever did. The reason I did not call another company is at this point I felt that I was too vested not the order process and did not want to start all over with another company. At this point I called my Insurance rep to help me get to the bottom of this.

The rep called with me on a conference and after an hour, and making sure that I was covered for the bed and that my script was sent in, it was told to me by an Apria rep that the bed would be finally sent and shipped within 7 to 15 business days. To my horror, 14 days later I called (almost 3 months have transpired) to make sure all was in order, a representative at Apria told me that “we have not been able to ship because you are not covered for a hospital bed”... I responded with, “what?? I called 14 days ago and verified with my insurance rep that I was covered”! The representative at Apria did not know how to answer me and basically told me to call Medicare. I am appalled at the way they treated me and neglected to expedite my request!! I don’t have long to live and this short time I have left, was forced suffering even more! This company should NOT be in business!

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

This is simply the worst company to have to deal with. No one is on the same page. They don't even have a direct contact with their branches. They won't transfer patient records to a much closer location.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

They say they never received the faxes from my doctor's office. I've had my primary care doctor for almost 14 years and trust him implicitly. If they say they faxed the info to Apria they did! I need a new adjustable bed. Because of the delay I believe they caused I am still trying to sleep on a bed with broken springs. I could not believe the uncaring and nonempathetic way they treated me. Where does it stop! Fifteen years ago I got my bed within a week!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

DO NOT TRUST THIS COMPANY - they will charge you FULL PRICE for an item you are renting with no warning, will do nothing to fix it, will offer no refunds, will not take the equipment back. Oh, and they took over 3 months to get a sick woman her wheelchair. This company has been the worst part about me getting sick - and that's saying a lot because I've gone through hell with my illness. I have Lyme Disease and it got so bad that I have to use a wheelchair while I'm dealing with it (I'm 32 years old). When I finally bit the bullet and decided to rent one, my company referred me to Apria. They took over 3 MONTHS to get me my wheelchair. How any company can think that someone who needs a wheelchair can go 3 months without one is awful, and should have been enough of a red flag to not continue with them.

But after many calls back and forth, and many times of them telling me they'll call me with progress only to never call me back (this happened multiple times)... they finally got me the chair. My rental agreement with my insurance co-pay was $5/month. I'm temporarily on disability so we can't afford much so that was a relief! That only lasted for a couple months though. Without warning, my co-pay jumped to $50/month. Then, without warning again, a week before Christmas, Apria (the healthcare company whose slogan is 'Thank you for being the best part about Apria') charged me for the full remaining price of the chair, over $800!!! I called immediately of course, and found out that it was because my insurance policy had changed and I forgot to call to update them. Sorry - I have Lyme, I'm bedridden, I'm in a freakin' wheelchair, and I have a million other things to deal with. I'm a sick human - can you help me fix this?

Their answer was "No. It's our new policy that if there's an issue billing insurance we bill the customer the full retail price." I finally broke down in tears after my millionth call with their customer service asking if there's anything they can do to fix this - and one kind rep said she would talk to her managers. When she came back on the line she said they can't give me a refund but they might be able to re-bill my new insurance company for a rental, and put the chair back into rental status and refund me money that way - and she was going to have to look into it more and call me back.

Two weeks later... no call. Big surprise. I called them back to get a progress update, and there was no record of that rep doing anything on my behalf. Their system doesn't even show the names of who you spoke to. Now I'm suspicious that the chair is even worth the near $1,000 that they charged me for it, because everything I see online shows the chair's value at $100-300. If you're considering Apria, take this advice from a sick and tired woman in a wheelchair - RUN!!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

THIS COMPANY IS TERRIBLE AND UNFAIR, AND UNPROFESSIONAL. I had ordered supplies from Apria Health Care and submitted to my medical sharing program, and they paid a set amount for a while until it went over the allocated amount they would pay. I then called and cancelled the receiving of the supplies and they continued to send them. After several attempts to cancel with them, they stopped sending supplies, however they continued to bill me for months. I then spoke several times with their company and seemed to get nowhere until finally a man at the company spoke at length with me and said if we made 3 more payments (which I did) then basically we would own the machine and be done with this. Well you guessed it they continued to bill us and then sent it to collections and when I called again, they had no record of our conversation. This company is terrible!!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

DO NOT USE APRIA: HORRIBLE, MISERABLE EXPERIENCE. After my insurance company, Blue Shield and GNP medical group, approved a medical device, I was informed that I would get it through Apria. Called Apria multiple times and was told they did not carry the device and would not provide it for me. On repeat calls, each time the person was rude and yelled at me saying, "I told you we will not supply that device." It took me 4 months of persistent calls to insurance, GNP and Apria, but I finally received the device.

The insurance company informed that me that per their contract with Apria, I would pay $69.99 per month for 10 months and would convert to purchase on January 13, 2018. I fulfilled my obligation and paid Apria $699.90. Now as of 1-24-18, I am receiving harassing phone calls from Apria stating that I need to pay an outstanding balance to avoid further collection efforts. Apria is not being honest and their mercenary billing tactics are unacceptable. Apria has failed to honor their contract with Blue Shield and are overbilling me. Furthermore, they are guilty of elder abuse in demanding additional money which is NOT owed to them and threatening to send me to collections.

Just a few notes regarding reviews on Apria: On the BBB site, there are 831 complaints having to do with billing and collections practices. On Consumer Affairs site, there are 912 one (1) star reviews and most comments indicate that Apria deserves a 0 star review but there was no allowance for a zero (0) review. Yelp has 174 one star reviews.

Obviously I am just one of many patients who have experienced extreme difficulty with Apria and found Apria to have consistent fraudulent billing practices. I find Apria to be the most unethical and incompetent company ever. I encourage the insurance companies to stop using Apria as a DME vendor as they are detriment to one's health.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I was self pay at the time and every week they would knock on my door saying I didn't pay and wanted the machine. I had to prove it every time. Finally I get a statement saying I'm paid in full. Over a year later I get a statement saying I owe them one more payment. They even admitted it on the phone that they saw the last statement. Then I get a letter from collections. Unfortunately we were moving back to Ohio at the time due to my father's illness and I didn't keep the last statement. Worst company ever, worst service ever and not people friendly at all!!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

My experience with Apria Healthcare has been miserable. They have never given me the right information, even before they outsourced their business to India. Now it is worse. I called today to dispute a bill they said was late. I had set up all my payments to be debited automatically from my bank. They did not get the right card on the right charges, so I racked up a bill for my rental of oxygen machine. Since I thought it was taken care of I disregarded paper statements being sent to my home...until today. I am not looking at a 162$ bill instead of it being taken care of.

So, today, I wanted to put all of it on auto checking to avoid any more debit card transactions as my debit card was compromised recently. She said she could not tell me the exact charges for the CPAP supplies as they may vary, but later in the conversation she told me that I had to tell her the exact amount to be charged off the checking account. I asked her, "how can I tell you when you do not even know?" This is the kind of incompetence of Apria Healthcare. I do not recommend them. If you can buy your supplies at Ebay, you can save yourself a lot of hassle.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2018

I had a sleep study done and the study sent information to Apria. I received a call from them that I did not need to return and said they would be in contact in a week with more of an update since they were verifying insurance. They did not call me. I contacted them in early December saying that my deductible had been hit and that I was changing insurance and would have a new one January 1st. I said I needed my service date billed before January 1st. Their rep (Daniel) agreed to this and said it would absolutely be done. He said the equipment might come a day or two after that date, but they would fix the date of service. This was not done. I was billed for January 2nd, my old insurance rejected it, and now I have a $2,670 bill compared to the $136 one that I agreed to.

I have spent hours on the phone with them trying to fix this. I have been pushed back and forth between billing and customer service, have been put on hold only for the call to drop on their end, and have been hung up on. They keep getting my new insurance and trying to bill it rather than fix their mistake. Their reps have verified notes in the system saying I stressed billing before January 1st for the reasons I stated above and that their rep told me it would be done. They keep saying that even though they see that note and acknowledge the promise, since it was delivered on January 2nd, they can do nothing. I now have a much larger bill. I asked to speak to a supervisor who wasn't available and never called me back as promised. They are essentially refusing to fix their own mistake.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Do NOT deal with this company and especially do NOT give them your credit or debit card information. These people incorrectly billed my CPAP rental causing me to have to pay 560.00 more than what I was supposed to. They should have billed 4 months rental and the 5th month would be a buyout by the insurance company which should have been in January 2017. They continued billing through July 2017 which the insurance company applied to my deductible leaving the unpaid balances for ME to pay.

Their customer service is a joke. Your call goes overseas to someone you can barely understand. You ask to speak to someone in the US and you're on hold for 20 minutes then disconnected. When you finally do get through, they will not put you through to a supervisor and they turn you over to collections while you're trying to get the billing straightened out. I finally gave up and paid their bill and the collections bill to keep them from damaging my credit. They have over 900 complaints here and just had to pay about 750,000.00 in restitution and fines for fraudulently billing Medicare and patients simultaneously - see BBB. They cheat people constantly and I don't know how they are even still in business.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

First, there’s nothing more helpless feeling than needing oxygen and not being able to get a person on the phone from Apria. I got 4 menus and then got sent back to the 1st menu. None of their Menu applied but I think they do that on purpose so they don’t have to hire anyone to take calls. It’s all too obvious that Apria is all about the money but nothing about patients. They wanted $250.00 for a walk test that takes about 1 minute that the doc did for free...but Apria won’t rent their machine until you do “their” walk test and fork out the $250.00. My doc has nothing but bad things to say about Apria and is switching me to a good Oxygen supplier when the time is right (you know what I mean). I would never recommend Apria for Oxygen services even to my worst enemy. Oh...and good luck EVER getting them on the phone. They don’t do phones, they only do $$$.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2018

This company is involved in scheme to scam ordinary people of their hard earned money in their times of need for medical attention and should be shut down completely. I've tried in earnest resolving a return on my CPAP machine due to the fact that I lost my job and insurance over 6 months which caused my account to be converted, according to Apria, to a sale instead of rental without notifying me. Apria claims it is the patient responsibility to do so, yet they have no problem converting rental accounts to a sale and billing patients full price for something I no longer use today. When I requested a return the billing rep. refused due to the fact that it has been only 2 days over 30 days since the decision, which I was not involved or notified of, was taken by the company to turn my agreement from a rental agreement to sale.

When I requested to speak with a supervisor for billing the rep. hung-up the phone instead of transferring me to one and I have not been able to contact one back due to long wait time. It took them 3 and 1/2 week to issue the billing from the date they converted the rental agreement to a sale which caused the mail to come late past my 30 days grace period. Yet I'm still unable to return the machine and credit my account. This is a legal robbery of medical patients who are in need of medical equipment to make their lives better, instead Apria chooses to practice deception and false advertising about their great product and customer service and wrongly scam ordinary people of their hard earned money. Stay away from this company.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

Apria calls late Tuesday and leaves message, "If you don't call back before end of office hours you will receive your supplies at the next scheduled date". I was in Los Angeles at Kaiser Healthcare hospital with my handicapped special son Monday through Wednesday. I called back Thursday as we arrived home late on Wednesday. I was told by Nick, Mick, he mumbled his name as Apria employees always do. He said I would not get a delivery until March. Now I was not happy as calling Apria led to many dead ends and seemingly endless automatic disconnections which wasted 45 minutes of my day. I told him that I only had three tanks left, your next delivery is in March. He decided he would transfer me. I was transferred to a recording that if you choose oxygen you get another recording and then disconnected. I chose something which had nothing to do with oxygen.

The woman, named Sidney? It was mumbled, SOP for Apria, finally agreed to give me oxygen on Monday. It took four times before she would give me a date. I have fallen for the 'Monday' before. As in, yes, it will be delivered on a Monday, a Monday at our convenience, not next Monday, but some Monday within the next few weeks. So my wife and I had plans for tomorrow. A nurse was going to watch our 24/7 care son so we could have a date. Yes, we still do that. It is important when you have special handicapped children to be able to be together and have fun together. A chance to relax.

And to the theft. I received a piece of equipment to relieve my compressed neck joints late in 2016. I provided a cashiers check to Apria's Rancho Cucamonga office. I was told "it is not Apria's policy to provide receipts", imagine that. They deposited, or cashed the check in February 2017. I had been receiving threatening phone calls before February, weekly after they reconciled it for months, and I have recently received another one, it is 2018 now. I also got a call from their collection agency which looked into it and left me alone then. I sent Apria documents that showed they had reconciled the check. Apria has continued to harass and threaten me and my family's finances and well being.

Now you may ask why am I still using Apria? I have Kaiser Permanente and I am not allowed a choice. I would provide an order number but Apria will quite often deliver and leave without even leaving a receipt. The only order number is what they have, as they try to only use recordings, this way they can deny service automatically. For some reason they keep saying I can only use 2 LPM of oxygen. My prescription is 2 ~ 4 LPM. I guess this is another way to shortchange customers.

And when they want to calibrate your equipment watch them. Ask for the calibration date. They will show you their phone. When you try to look at it they will pull it away. Use your video recorder to watch them at all times. Record all messages, phone calls, and when the deliveryman is at your home. Remember, if you take them to court they will continue to postpone the court date. You are one of their oxygen customers. It will be likely that you will expire before the case ever sees court. The only thing which will be accomplished is that you will have spent on lawyers and case related items money that your family will need when you have passed on. If an attorney contacts me please leave a message and I will return the call. Apria calls and harasses us so much that if we do not recognize the number we will not answer.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

My husband received a CPAP machine from them and used it for one month. When he went to return it, he was told our insurance had already paid for it so he should just keep it. Almost a year later we received a bill for $72.00 telling us it was overdue and we were going to be sent to collections. I called and was told eventually (after an hour) that it was a mistake and that they would fix it and remove the amount due. Please note they have also been billing my insurance.

A few months later we received another bill for $72.00. After about 2 hours I received the same explanation. I asked for a letter stating this was an error since I was afraid I would be sent to collections if it wasn't truly cleared up. They told me they could not do that. Now a month later I have received another past due notice for $72.00. I tried calling again and was hung up on after 30 min on hold and am holding again. DO NOT get involved with this company. You will be dealing with issues like this for eternity if you do. (I had to give at least one star in order to submit my review).

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

As others have described, this company wants your money and has no interest in correcting a problem. I have used a CPAP machine for over 8 years. In 11/2017 my pulmonologist prescribed a new CPAP machine. No one asked what CPAP head gear and nose pillows I use; both were just sent to me, a resupply order sent a week later and none of them what I use. After a telephone call the correct head gear was sent to me but again the incorrect nasal pillows. Three times I have called to ask how to return the supplies. Three times I have received a different version of the process and none of them have resulted in me being able to return the supplies.

Between my insurance, my flexible spending account and my own pocket, I ended 2017 having paid for the machine & supplies (that I don't use)... or so I believed. January 2, 2018, Apria presented a charge to my Health Reimbursement Account (HRA) which has been paid but now that I know about it, it is being contested. I have not authorized Apria to request any HRA payment for 2018. Thus, per IRS guidelines, it is a fraudulent charge as Apria is attempting to be paid for 2017 charges from 2018 funds. Because I have requested a copy of all charges and debits on my account but have not received it, I have no idea if the 1/2/18 is even valid!

Original review: Jan. 9, 2018

Bad Data. I agree with many of the statements of other bloggers. Staff that give you your machine and mask are usually very young and indifferent to helping you get a good fit. Most masks are made to fit men, making them uncomfortable for women. They're also expensive beyond their manufacturing cost which is about 50 cents. In addition the data we get from our CPAP sessions is flawed. What we're given is a simple math calculation. Number of incidents divided by number of hours of use gives an average of incidents. However, this is not a true picture of what actually happens hour to hour in your sleep cycle. If you use your Cpap for 8 hours you might get a score of 8 episodes per. If you lower use to four hours, your average score goes up to 16 episodes per hour because the divider (hours) is smaller.

Also, as an insomniac, I'm wide awake at least 3 hours in the time I'm using the CPAP, that artificially lowers my average score. You are probably incurring higher scores in some hours of your sleep cycle. Do you see the inaccuracies you’re being given? Better data would be to have a chart that gives you the actual number of incidents in every hour of use so you can see your pattern. Also we need to know how many incidents are an apnea and how man makes them looks so much better to their clients. Good luck to us all.

Apria Healthcare Company Information

www.apria.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use