Jackson, TN

1.6/5 (32 ratings)

About Apria Healthcare

Apria Healthcare Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

Original review: Jan. 27, 2022

After 22 years of use and resupply I was denied resupply until I completed a new sleep study and received a physician's order-I was dismayed. I called customer service from our SC home, was connected to Ashley and my problem was resolved. Ashley was empowered to search Apria’s database for my most recent sleep study performed in CT. The next day, she promptly called me with news she had found the study. Having secured my Drs validation, my resupply was on its way. Ashley should be commended for her customer orientation, sense of empowerment to act and her positive reflection on Apria. Thanks Ashley!!

Original review: Jan. 13, 2022

It would be nice if there were two or three additional headbands. I highly recommend them to my friends and to others out there. Thank you very much Apria Healthcare for the good service... God bless.

Get buying tips about Portable Oxygen Concentrators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

A man delivered my equipment and explained what to do and how. I have now had the chance to explain the equipment to two other ladies, because they wasn't told how to operate their equipment. Thanks Johnny

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

I have been with Apria for years and never had bad experience .... Thank you very much for the good service Apria Healthcare. I highly recommend them to my friends and family and to others out there...

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

When my mother's current oxygen provider refused to bring her oxygen for over a month and after many failed attempts Apria came through in a pinch and had me everything we needed in a couple of hours.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I have been getting calls once a week from Apria since I received my CPAP machine. They never leave voicemails. I answered today and was told I have a $150 bill. I said, "yes, I do however when I spoke last to you guys I was given the option of billing to my Kaiser account or being sent an invoice." I asked it got billed to my Kaiser account. I got my machine 2 or 3 weeks ago. I told the rep that I was given those two choices and that I opted for it being billed. I was then pressured and essentially told I needed to pay my bill now.

Luckily I had enough money but there was a reason I chose having it billed to my Kaiser - why even give that option if it really isn’t an option apparently? Not happy that I was pressured to give my personal card information over the phone and that when I told them to bill it to me I was told no and asked again if I would pay debit or credit. This is not a good first impression for my experience with apria, and now I’m wishing I didn’t have to go thru them for my cpap equipment.

In addition due to the cpap machine shortage I was given a ResMed 10, however both my parents have cpap as well and managed to both get resmed 11, which is the newer model and has Bluetooth capability whereas the 10 has an SD card. I was not given a choice which machine I would get; I was told I would be given whichever was available first. I would’ve rather waited for the newer model, as I like the aspect of being able to connect to the phone app resmed has.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2022

Worst company on every level imaginable. DON'T EVER USE!!!!

1) Takes forever to get through to the local branch. Forced into voicemail without option to wait.

2) Have to call back multiple times to resolve anything.

3) Always "Not my job" and be transfer to many different people.

4) After waiting a year for a CPAP they sent the wrong one and after hours of discussions, was told they made a new internal policy that they can send whatever they want. Told them to take the machine back, I refuse to use it. Finally they sent what was ordered.

5) After telling them the size mask I wanted, they still shipped the wrong one. Had to go through another return and replacement after talking to four people and hours of calls.

6) Can't create and account on their website unless you know your full account number (which is difficult to get) and a validation code. I called them to get the account number and was given 3 letters and 3 numbers. WRONG. See next interaction.

7) Called back telling them I cannot set up the account. 1st person couldn't help "Not my job". Second person in billing was terrible.

a) She would only work off a script instead of listening to the issue and trying to resolve it.

b) She wouldn't stop reading or take a breath causing problems.

c) She rattled off some number and kept going. I finally had to talk over her and keep talking over her until she stopped talking and tell her that at the beginning of the conversation she gave a bunch of numbers. It was four digits followed by three digits and three numbers. Turns out the first person who gave me my account number didn't include the first four digits.

d) My bill was not yet due for another two weeks. She behaved as a debt collector who was skip tracing someone who was 90+ days due. Trying to get me to commit to paying the wrong amount, per my insurance company right then and there. This was the second time that when I initiated a call I was treated like I was a criminal.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

I was prescribed a Sleep CPAP machine by the Yale Healthcare Network's sleep lab. The machine arrived to my home, and then was recalled 5 days later. I never used the product, and sent it back. 4 months later their exec team at Apria decided to bill me anyway. 25 customer care calls later, I still haven't gotten a straight answer about why they decided to charge me. This is a dishonest company.

Original review: July 6, 2022

My doctor ordered a CPAP machine for me. A ResMed Airsense 11 (AS11) model. I was called by Apria customer service and we went over requirements. I was sent an agreement with each line item referencing my order for an AS11. I waited patiently for almost 3-months - no problem, I had been warned all CPAPs were in short supply. It arrived June 30. I opened the box to see that they had sent me an AS10 the older version of what had been ordered. I immediately called Apria and said I had been sent the wrong model.

After a very circuitous conversation, I was bumped up to a supervisor. Who proceeded to tell me the exact same thing - that I cannot return the item in favor of the one actually ordered. I said OK, I'll just return it period - cancel the order. To be told I could not do that either. I was not given a specific reason why this was so. The call ended, leaving me very frustrated. I reached out to my doctor to inquire as to what she had actually put on the referral. She had specified **AS11 preferable, please discuss with patient** - they did not discuss alternatives with me.

My doctor kindly reached out to their rep, who said I had called several times (a lie - implying I was a bother - I dialed their number and spoke to one person then a supervisor - all part of ONE call) and it had been explained to me that they could not swap out one model for another. NOT what I wanted - at this point, I just want to return the unused product to them and call it quits. So, today I made a second call.

I went around with one rep, who was too busy to listen to me (her child in the background was bothering her) and said she could transfer me to a supervisor, but they wouldn't help either. She was right - after another frustrating circuitous conversation, she said I might get help from corporate customer satisfaction - and gave me their number. What she actually gave me was the regular Apria phone number. Navigating to the customer satisfaction department it went directly to VM, but I have to have a name and extension number to leave a message - neither of which I have.

So, in summary, I have a signed agreement with Apria Healthcare for them to provide me an AS 11. They are unable to provide that equipment, and without any consultation with me, sent me an alternative - and now refuse to accept the alternative's return - and expect me to make payment of nearly $500 towards the equipment. I am not going to do so. I have the equipment still in its barely opened original packaging - happy to give it back to them - not going to pay for what I didn't order.

Original review: June 16, 2022

This company is the worst I have ever dealt with. Ever since using them, I have attempted to gain transparency into their billing amounts, and they refuse to cooperate with this transparency. I had ordered supplies from them two years ago and paid for the supplies at that time. They later sent me a bill almost two years later stating I owed them more money, but refused to provide an explanation or detail. On a call to find out more, the customer service rep hung up on me as I asked questions trying to obtain clarification and the next week I received a letter from a collection agency. Will never do business with this company again and would caution anyone else from using them.

Apria Healthcare Company Information