Apria Healthcare

Jackson, TN

Compare Health Products

Research top Health Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I have been dealing with these incompetent people since September 2016 to get a new CPAP machine for my husband. I gave them all of the information they asked for. We get 2-3 calls from a man named "Alex", just giving an update, then a girl calls with the same BS, I cannot understand her. It sounds like they are calling from a boiler room in Pakistan. Try to avoid Apria at all costs. Rude, hateful sales reps. They have aggravated the ENT doctor with their bombardment of requests for the same paperwork! As of 11-28-2016, still haven't received anything from them except a headache and extreme frustration.

I have been a patient with APRIA for about a month. Their customer service is TERRIBLE. I have to use a C-PAP, as my breathing stops 93 times a minute. I have NOT be able to use it as the pressure is not correct. My doctor's office sent 2 faxes yesterday requesting an immediate change. I have called multiple times. THEY CLAIM THEY SEE NOTHING in the SYSTEM. I asked to speak to a supervisor in the "FAX TEAM" department. The person on the phone who barely speaks english. "SHERYL" "JED" and several others I have talked to at the customer service is of no help. And I'M HAVING a hard time understanding them!

This morning, another customer service person told me he could make an appointment at my local office on Friday. The prescription sent via FAX from my doctor's office should be acceptable and work properly. So, I am to get an appoint at my doctor, which I can get on Monday, November 28th....then I need to go to the local APRIA office for them to update my machine? When will that be? Next week? I hold APRIA RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DETRIMENT OF MY HEALTH. I will contact my attorney and be advised that any adverse reaction to my health caused by the equipment issued by APRIA, or lack of responsibility by APRIA will be held responsible for any and all medical problems that will/may arise from lack of proper oxygen.

It has been an absolute circus and a mess trying to get my CPAP machine and equipment. Customer contact is the worse. You cannot call them directly. The call center is in the Philippines. Fine people but we are here in the United States! They want to rent you the equipment. No way. My deductible met already. I will bet that they try to bill me, but forget it. I can't believe the amount of horror stories here and to think that they are still in business. Mine has been ongoing back and forth for 9 plus weeks. I am glad that my old (15 years) machine has not shut down. Horrible to deal with. I have had only a couple of "nice people" and the rest is "song and dance", "I will get them to call you." It's ridiculous.

My SSRA electronic form reflects the original rental figures. Luckily, I reconfirmed with my insurance that everything is 100% covered. For those of you who still have a bank card attached to your account, I suggest that you cancel it and get another card. That way they can't steal your money unsolicited with your knowledge. In short, APRIA HEALTHCARE SUCKS!

After my office visit, my doctor put in an order in September 2016, for a CPAP machine. I still don't have one - in November. The Apria in Arizona has a call center that only relays messages, you can't call an office directly. When an office responds, they have the call center call back. Whenever they left a message, it was only that it was about a CPAP and to call back if I wanted more information. When I'd call they always said that my prescription was invalid so they couldn't provide the equipment. They had no other information, requiring more messages back & forth, leading to more voice mail messages with no information.

When I did get to speak to someone, they kept saying my doctor hadn't submitted the information or records required by Medicare, blaming Medicare for needing precise wording on the forms. They used every stalling method possible, and said I hadn't had the required "face-to-face" with my doctor, that he hadn't provided his medical number, that he hadn't provided the required medical records, etc.

I even got my doctor's office manager involved. I had to have another appointment (with a co-pay), so my doctor could ask me, again, if I used my old CPAP every day. Would he have ordered it without determining that I used one and needed a new one??? I was shown the documents that had been faxed to Apria, showing the confirmation of receipt, and including Apria's own form, which my doctor had completely filled out, with his medical license number typed in! He'd included all the medical records required.

I again called the call center & I had to insist on speaking to an Apria manager. After being on hold for more than 30 minutes, a supervisor got on. He said he would expedite the order, call my doctor the next day, follow up on the order, then get back to me with the progress. I gave him the name & number of the office manager who had been helping me & who knew all the details. No one has heard from Apria. I just reported Apria to Medicare.

Do not use Apria!! I'm in a serious situation! They never deliver my oxygen when they are suppose to! I'VE been with them for years and have to call for my normal delivery at least once a month! I'm totally out right now and my concentrator has stopped working and I was on the phone for three hours this am begging two different so called females manning the phone that just did not give a damn about my breathing. So I'm sitting here on my concentrator and it makes a loud noise and spits out this awful odor! So now I'm totally out!!! I've got COPD very bad and I'm on oxygen 24/7 and here I sit at their mercy. Even not having any oxygen at all still gave them no sense of urgency. I will be making damn sure people loses their jobs over this and sue this damn pathetic company!!! RUN AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

This company has been a nightmare. My order was lost, then they said insurance information was missing so they couldn't process order. I don't know why they didn't call the referring Dr or me for information. It took almost a month to get the machine. I have just picked it up today and a part is missing so I have to go back tomorrow. This has been very stressful and annoying. I would not recommend this company.

I have Coventry Aetna medicare, I have sleep apnea, and was given Apria for cpap supplies. Received a headgear, and was billed by Apria. Called Coventry. They told me I can't be billed, per contract with Coventry (Apria and Aetna). Did a three way call Coventry, Apria and me. Apria agreed I should not be billed and cancelled bill. A month later received new bill, because I was told Coventry did not pay for headgear. All through this process Coventry told me do not pay bill. I did pay because Apria could of screwed up my credit. TRY TO FIND A DIFFERENT VENDOR IF YOU NEED MEDICAL SUPPLIES. APRIA IS A VERY BAD COMPANY.

Ordering over phone is an exercise in futility. I speak to a live person due to fact the automated order is always wrong. I usually drive to Apria facility about 10 miles away to order in person. This is only way that is effective for me. I was missing water chamber on my October '16 order. No invoice was included in package. Called Nate [Supervisor ] who told me in July to call with any problems. He is no longer there. Called regular phone order #, was sent to Billing #, then sent to exchange #, sent me to Sleep Central #8772652426... then cut off.. then drove 10 miles to Apria Facility. {Lisa **} who handled my problem she is the only person who is successful in getting my correct items. Account #**. Entered old order # due to fact I received no invoice with my last order. I intend to place future orders in person at the Sharonville facility due to the fact I have to go to facility to correct order anyway. Pathetic customer service is the norm.

They stole $63 out of my checking account. My insurance paid them in full both the first time and the second time. After stating that I would not authorize them to charge my account for anything (because my insurance would pay in full and did pay them in full). They went ahead and stole $44 the first time then $63 the second time. Believe me I won't use them a 3rd time. I have reported them to United Health Care, my bank and will be following up with several other agencies. They made me wait 3 weeks to get paid back the money they stole the first time.

This time they took my money on a Saturday 11/05 and told me today that they couldn't issue a refund or even try to do a refund yet because it hasn't posted. They got paid on 10/27 from my insurance company in full so this is out and out stealing. They are horrible and I cannot believe that any insurance company would do any kind of business with them at all. These people need to be shut down for good. They won't even provide me with an invoice or anything so I have any proof.

I received a new CPAP machine that is not worth the money they are taking from Medicare. I requested a new mask, no one asked me what kind nor was I offered help to adjust and how to use the mask. The mask leaks like the first one. I asked for a full face mask, no one offered different types of masks and they sent one to my home with a soft breathing mask which leaks and makes noise that would keep anyone awake.

I am 90 years old and spent one whole night trying to adjust it so it wouldn't make noise and leak air. How am I possibly getting full benefit for the amount they charged, with no instruction and no follow up and no options but what they sent. We used to have a different supply company and even our doctors at UCDavis are not happy with Apria. How do I get the proper mask and the proper care I expect for the amount they have charged Medicare???

Have called many times against Apria Healthcare in Everett Wa and keep getting the same runaround about getting an Sd Card for my Cpap machine and nobody seems to care. No wonder they have so many complaints against them. They need to change their customer service and I don't see how they stay in business.

New order for CPAP and supplies - I was transferred 6 times because each department could only do their little piece. It was very frustrating and still hasn't been resolved. Do not use this company! I am calling my doctor to complain as well. They are the worst!

I did sleep study & sent to Apria to p/u machine. Person was rushing me through has a 7 page front & back contract in small print in pink. Said my part is $83.47 and of course cc given. Never said I rented, never said microchip in for insurance monitoring. I try it can't breathe and don't use it. The contract said sale total $687. Billed ins $2,300 and proceeded to bill ins every month for $874 & took $4.95 & $47 a month off my cc. I never got a hold of them told ins company (there was yelling & profanities) that they needed to fix this. Ins people idiots too but finally cc expired & ins got a hold of them I got two checks in mail. This was a long drawn out ordeal.

Just now received in mail a opt-in pap resupply program enrollment. 3 mo, 6 mo or pillows no prices just sign and go. ** you, Apria. # listed 877-265-2426 customer care, 800-435-5657 automated, cancel anytime 800-436-5147. Why 3 different phone #s? Because it's all a scam. Ask questions from Dr but insurance is in on it too. Stay far away. Still no CPAP.

I absolutely give Zero stars to this inefficient and worthless service. First I can say don't go here and do not order anything here. If it is some urgent care or urgently needed equipment do not choose Apria. People here not care minimum about the patient needs, customer care is irresponsible and no responsive, Even though escalated managers and supervisors same kind, no one cares about patient needs. They took almost 1 month to process a simple order, in spite several follow ups and explaining them how important it is and how urgent it is. Worst organization, worst services, worst people, I never experienced this kind worst service in entire United States for years. My experience says do not look at them in lifetime.

I had to change my CPAP supply and oxygen provider because I changed insurance. The problems began immediately. COMMUNICATION PROBLEMS: I was given no for warning of supplies being delivered. The delivery person was rude. I could not get a hold of a human being to get problems resolved. I enlisted my doctor's office because patients are not given local numbers to call employees to fix problems. My doctor's office also had problems. The first oxygen concentrator delivered was defective. When I called and spent enormous amount of time trying to get this resolved, I was told to hit the reset button before they would consider bringing another machine. Of course, the reset button trick didn't work and I was subjected to hours of being on the phone with people passing me off to other people.

Most of the people were hard for me to understand because English wasn't their first language. I welcome people from other countries but it is so important to be able to understand what they are saying. I finally got a new machine with the help of my doctor's office. Then I looked at my credit card balance and found I had been charged 762.00 for this machine. My insurance was on file and had been used previously, so there was no excuse. It took months for me to finally get that charge off my credit card. I made many calls. I asked for a particular mask but did not get it.

When an Apria representative called to see if my machine was working (a plus), I told him it was but my mask was not what I wanted. He was nasty and abrupt, telling me he could do nothing about that. I became exhausted and tired of dealing with them so let it go. Then when I felt a little better I talked to my Pulmonary Dr and he put in a request. That's how I got the correct mask. The aggravation, mishandling, rudeness, inability to get problems resolved is the worst I have ever encountered. My problems are many that can be documented over 1 year. I had no other options for medical supplies or I would not have put myself through all of this.

My BiPAP machine has broken down - pumps water into my nose, burning electrical smell, terrible whining noise. A BiPAP is like a CPAP, only with different inhale/exhale pressures. Wait on the Apria hold queue, and finally Apria refer me to their "special" Cigna support group. Another hold queue. We go through the same questions, and they put me on hold, and presto, I'm back on the generic Apria hold queue.

Finally they put in a ticket to have a "respiratory therapist" call me. One does, but I miss his call (I'm at work. Apria doesn't have customer care hours outside working hours). His message says I'm not pushing the water reservoir incorrectly. Well, the lid doesn't close if it isn't inserted correctly, and I've been using these machines for ten years. I know how to do this. He didn't seem to know about the burning electronics.

I call them back (and loop a few more times). They tell me I'm not eligible for a new machine. I've only had this machine for four years, and new machines are only allowed every five years. Without a machine, I stop breathing. At my last sleep study I stopped breathing for more than 30 seconds over 400 times in the seven hour study period. In the morning, my pulse ox was 52.

I need a machine. I don't care if this one is repaired, or replaced with the same model, or a nicer, quieter new one like my mother-in-law has. I'm supposed to wait for this five year requirement, go to the hospital sleep study doctor to write a prescription for a new study (4 weeks for an appointment), have a new study (another 4 weeks), have the results "read" (1 week last time) and a prescription written for a new machine. Then Apria will send a specialist to my house to make sure I know how to put on a nasal pillow mask (I've been doing this for ten years, remember). Not breathing isn't healthy. I pay for health insurance. What game is this?

We had to switch to Apria because our previous CPAP supply company stopped accepting our insurance and what a headache ever since! This company has the worst customer service! Their automated service, in order to even speak to someone is ridiculous and then once you actually speak to a live person, you are transferred to yet someone else, all along, hearing their annoying "you are the best part of Apria" slogan with every transfer! It is a nightmare to order supplies, taking 3 transfers before speaking to someone who has a clue. Most recently after not receiving supplies for over a month, I call back to find out why it's taking so long, only to hear that they have a record of receiving the phone order but for some reason, it was never placed!

My most recent frustration was they charged our supply order to my previous insurance company, totally over $1500.00, when I had given Apria my new insurance information to make sure they did not bill my old insurance company. I even received a call from another Apria agent the day after I gave them my new insurance to verify but yet they still charged to my old insurance company! I am going to seek another company ASAP!!

The automated system told me that a technician would be at our home between 8:00 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. At 2:45 p.m., after waiting all day, I still hadn't seen anyone. After several phone calls, I was told there was a problem with the automated system and that I wasn't on the list or the day. I was livid. The representative I was talking to was overseas. I asked to speak with a supervisor. She said she would refer me to the concentrator division to make an appointment. I told I'm making another appointment. I was going to have my PCP find another copy and use them. I was no longer going to use Apria. I will be returning their equipment.

I agree that this is one of the worst, if not the worst, companies in existence. If there had been less than one star, I would have chosen it. My brother passed away, and I needed Apria to pick up their equipment. Since I do not live in the same state as my brother, I specifically notified the representative that my brother had passed away, services were to be discontinued, and that I would be available at my brother's apartment only on a specific date and for only that day. An appointment was confirmed and a pick up window of 11:00 am to 4:00 pm was established, and I was told that I would receive a call as to a more precise time. I never received a call.

On the morning of the supposed pick up, I called Apria and was told someone would be there before 2:00 p.m. I was at the apartment from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. No pick up occurred, and no call or message was delivered to me. By 4:00 p. m the apartment was cleared, except for the Apria oxygen equipment, the keys were returned to the building management, and I no longer had access to the apartment or the building.

That evening, a message was received at 9:00 pm that Apria's local carrier was ready for a pickup; I returned a message explaining I no longer had access to the apartment and that I had told building management of the situation and that they should contact the building management. I then attempted to call Apria directly five times, only to be told each time that a representative would be on "shortly." Each time I waiting 15 to 20 minutes without any representative's response.

The following day, after funeral services, the supposed deliverer called again saying that I would have to contact the building management. After this, there were more difficulties in contacting Apria and resolving the problem, but need I go on any longer to demonstrate the total ineptitude of this company. In a healthcare situation, such inefficiency is difficult to bear, but during a time of bereavement it is ever more so. I found Apria not only inefficient but also offensive.

This is a despicable company. Their products are horrible and are bacteria collectors! They also charged money to my account without my consent. The billing is really screwy and so confusing too. Even Lahey Clinic in Massachusetts had dropped this company. You have my sympathy for using them!

It appears that Apria has billed Anthem repeatedly for the purchase of my c/pap machine and was denied payment due to their not getting sleep study results from my Dr. I have called billing in an attempt to resolve and was given a very elusive answer that resulted in my purchase being turned into a $55.00 a month rental. I was never given an explanation of why the purchase did not take place.

For almost a year I've been forced to use Apria for my CPAP machine and supplies. I find their service and communication hideous. Each time I have tried to reach the local office by phone I've ended up speaking to a person in the Philippines or lord knows where else. I've been told that there is no way to reach the local offices. You would think there must be a law regarding this. Once in their phone system I am transferred up to 5 times and asked the same lengthy i.d. questions over and over. Usually I cannot hear the person with whom I'm speaking due to poor reception and a time delay on the call. Yesterday's hour long call was due to my CPAP machine not functioning properly.

In the end I was told I would have to make an appointment to drive to my local office. The outsourced offices make your appointments. I was told that there wouldn't be any openings for at least 2plus weeks. I am dependent on this machine every night! I asked for a supervisor. The anxiety and stress levels were high when I told this woman that all of this was just not okay. Strangely enough, she found me a open appointment two days later. Is this what I have to do to get service? Hmmm! I am with a Medicare advantage insurance program and I'm forced to use Apria, which says to me that Apria is doing this to thousands if not millions of seniors, raking in money hand over fist.

I have asked for another supplier and been told "no" I won't get any insurance coverage. I don't have the time to go into the financial issues/problems the company creates. So much of this hinges on the fact that there is no way to communicate with the company. Very poor choice for the corporate offices to outsource to the point of cutting off its customers... If a class action suit is in the offing, I'd like to be part of it! I've had my fill of being forced to use this inefficiently run company, that, I'm fairly sure is engaging in legally questionable business practices with total disregard for its customers. I blame the corporate offices for taking the easy way out, not so much the people who answer the phones. One employee I spoke with yesterday shared with me that she is very aware of the problems due to all the complaints she has responded to on the phone. What does this say about this company?

Back in May 2016, I requested in writing asking them to remove my credit card on file, as there were several charges on my credit card. They sent me a response stating it had been removed. Initially, they said I would only be getting charged a monthly fee (my co-pay) of $5.20. I spoke with a representative in June 2016 after see all of these charges and she indicated that they hadn't received payment from Blue Cross and they were charging that on my card. We went through each charge and she said I was going to be refunded roughly $850 or possibly more but she had to do a little more research. She said she'd call me back and to this day she hasn't called. I've tried several times to reach her but was always unavailable.

I received a call yesterday from them and they told me I had a balance of $373.87 and an outstanding balance of $224.54. I said "I don't understand why." I asked her to email me the breakdown of these charges as I haven't ordered any supplies recently. There was no mention that they had already charged my card. I need to check with Blue Cross tomorrow to see what's going on their end. Just last week I received a refund check from them.

When logging on to my credit card company, lo and behold, there was a charge on my card that posted on Oct 4. I called the Fraud dept at Chase and told them to cancel my card and explained my situation. She suggested I file a Police Report especially since I email confirmation that they had removed my card. Based on a lot of these reviews, I think we should join forces and file a class action lawsuit. If no one joins me, I plan to file a Civil Suit. Please feel free to email me at ** if you're interested. Hope to hear from you.

Do not ever do business with this company! The product is good but the company is a nightmare to deal with. My husband paid cash for a cpap machine several years and every year Apria not only tries to bill the insurance company but us too. They turn us over to a collection agency and it takes a couple of months to get that cleared. This is just plain abuse and we are fed up with this company. My advise to anyone needing any product Apria has is to say NO and find another supplier.

I have never done this to any company ever!!! But my experience with Apria has been less than pleasant. For starters the first time I was sent to my local Apria store the staff was not very knowledgeable on the product they told me I HAD to have. For starters sleeping with a mask on your face is bad enough but when you are not given any option to change the type of mask or try any other styles is BULL!!!

The last time I ordered supplies it took forever to get them and when they came everything I ordered was not there. I was missing the water chamber. When I called to see why they didn't send one the man said one was never ordered. I believe this was done to get another deductible payment out of me... So I have been using the same one for a year and a half. Which brings me to today!

I got an email from Apria saying it's time to order new supplies so I clicked on the blue button and ordered the supplies I wanted, right away I got an email confirming my order. That was on 9/22/16. I called Apria this morning 10/12/16 to see where my supplies are and was transferred five times, each time the new person was unable to hear me. I had to call them back sit on hold, not long thank god... for just another person tell me they can not help and would have to transfer me again. The 5TH transfer I had to call back I want through the prompt and was disconnected... I am done with Apria. I will be getting my supplies on Amazon from now on. They will be here next day and I can exchange if I do not like what I got... THANK YOU FOR THE GREAT START TO MY MORNING APRIA!!!

I have used Apria for my CPAP supplies for several years. October 2015 I called for new tubing & a mask. The operator said I needed many more supplies. I know my insurance covers all necessary supplies, so I said "Fine, send everything I need." Well, I received 6 masks along with tubing, sponges and filters. I called them & they said this is the number of masks that I should get with each order. Fine. The next week I received a $244 bill. I conferenced a rep from Apria and a rep from my insurance agency. They both agreed that I should not owe any of this bill because it will all be covered by insurance. Fast forward to August 2016. I received a bill for $244 from Apria. I call them and they say my account has a zero balance.

October 2016 I get a call from BC Collection Services looking for payment for a bill for $244 that is over 240 days past due. I call Apria and again, I'm told I have a zero balance. I said that's impossible because I'm getting collection calls for $244. She pokes around the account & says "Oh yes, we changed the status on the October 2015 bill to patient responsibility since the insurance didn't pay." Once again, I conference Apria & my insurance company. Apria claims they submitted the required medical paperwork to the insurance and the insurance said they never received the paperwork. This all took place in 2015, so the bill has just been sitting out there aging.

The insurance agency is willing to look at the bill again if Apria can resubmit the letter of necessity and prove that they submitted this to the insurance company in a timely manner. Apria says they do not have proof except for their internal messaging system. The insurance agency is willing to accept copies of their messages as proof. Suddenly Apria cannot work with us and said we need to work with the collection agency. REALLY??? I called BC Collection Services, explained the situation and they will go back to Apria for the information to submit to the insurance agency. They are willing to work with all parties to get this resolved. Apria is useless!

I had multiple PEs in March and needed oxygen when I went home. They wouldn't release me from the "care Center" until the Concentrator was available so instead of 2-3 days, it was 3 freaking weeks. Finally delivered it and had to pay the 'setup fee' in cash. The 'setup' consisted of him plugging it into the wall socket and handing me tubing. It was supposed to include the water but he said "it wasn't ordered". It said plainly on the order it was. It was also supposed to be a portable unit; it wasn't. I had to be off oxygen to go for checkups or shopping.

Finally got to the point of being able to breathe deeply enough to keep my stats up above 88%, and doctor ordered discontinuation. That was 2.5 months ago. It still hasn't been picked up and I'm being billed the full charge as Medicare won't pay after the doctor cancels the therapy. They are only "in my area" on Tuesdays, per the local office, and they told me to just "leave it outside" for them to get. I bring it back in after dark and put it out again and again.

I get automated messages that "service is scheduled for Tuesday", then "the pickup is scheduled for Thursday" (not in my area on Thursday), every day. Their call centers are in India or the Philippines. I asked. The local offices are 35mi away and informed me I could NOT bring it in and drop it off as the offices are "automated" and the actual warehouse is elsewhere. Never again will I use their services. If I ever need oxygen or other equipment from them, I'll have my son, who works in the health equipment repair field, to find one I can buy rather than rent.

I have jumped through every, single hoop that Apria Healthcare has given me for almost two months in order to get a much-needed breast pump. I was told that I would hear back within 48 hours and that was almost two months ago. I have hyperlactation (I produce 16 oz of milk every two hours) and exclusively pump. I desperately need this breast pump but I am being totally and completely blown off! I have called close to ten times and am condescended and dismissed by their customer service reps. They are absolutely horrible. I've asked to speak with supervisors, and they either hang up on me, put me on hold for an hour and then hang up on me, or they tell me someone will get back to me within the hour and no one ever has.

I have no idea what to do. My son is three months old, I have a toddler, and I'm spending tons of time and energy trying to chase this breast pump down! This piece of equipment, which is my legal right to order, is going to give me huge quality of life. I can't believe the way this company treats young mothers and people needing help! There is zero accountability or transparency, and when we're being mistreated and abused, there's no one we can turn to.

I wish I knew what to do. As I write this I'm trying to feed my infant and entertain my two-year-old. I can't be spending so much time on this! SHAME ON APRIA HEALTHCARE! YOU GUYS ARE DESPICABLE! I'm going to report them to the attorney general. Apria health care won't even tell me the status of my breast pump. All they say is, "The request is being processed." FOR TWO MONTHS THIS ORDER IS BEING PROCESSED? Can't anyone help me?? I beg and plead for more information, and they say, "That's all I can give you. You'll be contacted shortly." Two months this has been going on! I know they record their phone calls - listen to them! Listen to how I've been talked to and treated! All I want is my breast pump!

I can't believe the way this company mistreats and abuses young mothers! This company is totally blowing me off!!! Please help!!! I'm on the phone with them RIGHT NOW and they're telling me they can't even find an order number!!! I'm bursting into tears. I am literally crying right now as I type this and I'm on the phone with them. Can anyone please, please help me with Apria Healthcare????

I have been with Apria for a few years to get my CPAP stuff. All of a sudden they started to send me more products during the month than what insurance will cover. They then send me a 200.00 bill. I call customer service. I get transferred to every department they have, I talked to numerous "supervisors", I get transferred to supervisor voicemails with no call back, and I get lied to. Apria says it is an insurance issue, I called my insurance. They said Apria has not had any communication with them, and would have never authorized all these products coming to my house. Now I am stuck with a $200.00 bill. This company is a fraud!!!

I just don't know where to begin so I will start from the beginning. I moved to arizona in June of 2016. Prior to leaving my hometown my oxygen provider had apparently contacted Apria so that I may continue service of oxygen so I anticipated this would occur. Was I ever wrong contacting apria. They were so rude and unprofessional. The person on the phone informed me that they had not received any order and when I pressed the issue stating that's impossible since I had spoke with them in addition to my prior provider I heard laughing in the background.

I spoke with my insurance provider as well as my past oxygen provider who work diligently on obtaining my oxygen need. I was told that apria was grossly neglectful and I should go to hospital if they had not delivered my oxygen by the end of day of the second week. I did just that and ended up in the hospital for three days. The hospital set me up with a great oxygen provider and surprisingly who shows up when I got released from the hospital - an apria representative who now had my oxygen equipment. However my insurance changed and I now have to deal with apria again and they have not changed a bit. They are constantly losing my prescriptions submitted to them by my physician.

I'm just lucky I can keep my current oxygen provider until they get it right. I did speak with an employee named Raven from apria and she is the only one that appears to work hard at providing excellent customer service for apria over the phone. I hope her hardwork doesn't go unnoticed. I do believe this company should be reported to the better business bureau and insurance provider should remove them as an option for customers which I plan to do. My hope is also some caring administrator is reading these reviews and demand change.

Apria Healthcare Company Profile