1.04/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution

Apria Healthcare

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 13, 2017

857 Apria Healthcare Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

Apria Healthcare, LLC, ten thumbs down! During Feb. 2012 I started using Apria Healthcare in Greenville, TX to provide an oxygen concentrator, portable oxygen bottles, and wheelchair. My insurance for five years covered the monthly rental cost of $92/month and I paid my 20% share. I started Medicare five years later so I completed the various exams and tests and upon completion my doctors provided Apria Healthcare LLC with all the documentations showing this need. It was the responsibility of Apria to forward these papers to Medicare along with their payment claims. For the next couple months I check online but Medicare denied the claims.

I finally contacted Medicare by phone and they were helpful. I was assigned a Medicare specialist and they even contacted Apria for the proper documents. I faxed my copies and Medicare specialist said that everything was right but needed it to come from Apria with their claim. When I tried to check on my account by calling the Apria Healthcare LLC Greenville, TX number it automatically connected me to an agent in Malaysia who did not speak clear English. Asking for someone in the US was useless. She always would disconnect.

Now listen up if you are using Apria Healthcare, LLC. and going on Medicare be cautious. The company charged $92 before going on Medicare but the same equipment went up to $230 per month when I started Medicare. Seem like fraud to me and another case of our government rip off. Then after 2 months I started getting a bill for $780.00 and telephone threats from Apria Healthcare office.

I pay my bills! So I put the stuff in my truck and took it back to the office in Greenville and paid the $780 bill. The workers in Greenville were nice and even the manager complained about the company and told me to use a competitive company called Rhema Medical, Greenville. TX. Rhema Medical sent me home with the necessary equipment that day and then worked tirelessly in getting all the paperwork needed by Medicare. I have been using Rhema Medical now for 2 years without a complaint.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2017

The world's worst company. Do ever business with them. Took them three weeks to call me from the time they received my doctors request for a CPAP machine. Had to request to speak to a manager to get someone that I could understand and could answer questions. Fill out their page work and sent in 3 weeks ago. I have still not received my machine. I am daily emails about not receiving data from my machine. No one answers my phone calls. The billing department called and wanted me to sign a release so they could get paid. Think she would help find out happen to my machine? NO. Only when to them because they were on Medicare's list. Medicare needs to get them off their list. Don't ever business with this company!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

I have severe sleep apnea, a MONTH ago my machine which I've had for 5 years using it 100% of the time broke. It refused to come on. I phoned my pulmonologist letting her know. She sent over my chart notes and new prescription and told me it would most likely take a few days for new machine. I also phoned Apria to let them know since my machine broke once and they fixed it about 6 months ago, they told me once the doctor's notes arrived it would be expedited. I still have NOT received a new machine. A MONTH later for a breathing machine, are the insane!!! Someone needs to breathe. It's not an option to not breathe. They are putting a life on the line, they should be shut down and their license should be pulled and not be able to conduct business anymore. This is absolutely ridiculous. LEGAL ACTION is needed, and Medicare and other insurance companies should be outraged. They do not care for the patients at all.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

After talking with different hard to understand foreigners in the accounting department I find out that their accounting dept. is about 6 weeks behind posting statements. I paid my bill up total and waited 6 six weeks to call back and ask about my account is the only way I figured it out. One day about 2 months ago I received mail from Apria with three checks in totaling $161.60 but had no other reason other than I was just overcharged, the number I called was 866-838-4762 and asked about it, no one could tell me anything about it. Then the next statement I got from them was for $77.20 instead of my usual $19.20. Then after talking and getting very upset with them trying to explain what they did They had not billed me for my 20% co pay during the months I have used them.

Is this any way to run an account company? I kept asking them, "Why didn't you take it out of the money refunded to me?" Never got an answer. One day I came home and could hear my phone answering machine beeping and it was Apria who left a message who stated if I didn't mail them the $94.22 they were going to turn me over to the credit bureau. That did it!!! I couldn't take it anymore, Apria calling and leaving demand messages and them not knowing the law, not being able to talk with someone who can either give you correct answers to questions or that can forward you to someone who can, would be quite helpful. I feel that I am leaving them now more because of their bookkeeping inability. I had rather see someone from my country spend my money than to take it outside the country. Retain the USA.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I have an oxygen concentrator machine that requires periodic service. I get a recorded call telling me what DAY they will arrive. No time is mentioned. If I call to get an ETA it is usually a 5 hour window. Today's is between 2:15 and 7:15, so my afternoon and evening is wasted. My wife had the same equipment from hospice but supplied by another outfit. If we called them they were here within an hour. Apria's "service" doesn't even exist like so many companies' today, their convenience is more important than the customer's. Use another supplier if you have a choice.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

On September 21, 2017 I reported to Apria that my CPAP machine was broken and requested the electrical part replacement to make it operational. The technician looked for the part and was unable to find a replacement. At his direction I contacted my physician to request the required prescription for a replacement. The prescription was faxed over to Apria who already had the settings required based on their records as relayed to me by the technician. I followed up on September 25, 2017 and was informed that the fulfillment of my prescription would take up to 10 days after which I communicated my concerns with the delay and my need for the equipment as soon as possible.

Today, October 6, 2017 I followed again only to find out that I am required to have a doctors visit before my prescription can be filled. Apria didn't call me to let me know of this requirement and I don't understand why it is needed. I have used my CPAP since 2009 and it hasn't been an issue with Apria as they have refilled my supplies every six months. It is not apparent that Apria understand the patients need as it relates to sleep apnea and the potential for death. It's important to me that this complaint be investigated in the interest of all of Apria customers experiencing the same delays and lack of customer concern from Apria. I can be reached via phone for any followup information. I will update my case when my CPAP is delivered.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Apria Healthcare said that they would deliver our equipment on 10/2/2017. Two times Apria's automated telephone system called, informing us that delivery would occur between 5:15 and 9:15 pm on 10/2/2017. We were also told that we would be given a one-hour-notice before the actual delivery. Instead, at 9:30 am my husband got a phone call informing him that the delivery people were here with the equipment and needed a number to get into the gated community. Which means they were at the wrong address, since we do not live in a gated community. My husband rushed to leave work and meet them at our home. They delivered everything except the basket for my walker. We were told that it was back ordered, but that it would be delivered later that evening.

The delivery of the basket did not happen. My husband called 10/3/2017, inquiring about the basket as well as expressed concern that the mattress and springs on the hospital bed were so saggy and soft that I have trouble getting my bad leg in and out of the bed. He was told that a technician would come out to the house between 3:30 pm and 7:30 pm on 10/3/2017. The technician would bring the basket as well as another mattress for the bed. My husband asked for a call before technician arrives, since I have limited mobility. Ten minutes later he got a call. No one came. He called and got the automated system and got the same message: 3:30-7:30 pm. No one came. He called again and talked a live person, asked that person to confirm the order.

The telephone staff said that there was no order in the system and that he knew nothing about it. He instructed my husband to get a new order from my doctor's office for a better mattress and the walker basket. However, there has to be an order for the equipment that has already been delivered. The telephone staff just wanted to pass the buck. Meanwhile, it has been 24 hours with a seriously inadequate bed and no basket. Since I am home alone all day, that basket was the way I could get beverages and food from the refrigerator. Their staff needs to experience the impact of their error-infested system and uncaring telephone staff on someone with limited mobility.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2017

Absolutely horrible customer service. Scheduled a pick-up days ago and was told I'd get a call regarding pick-up time. No call from them and 3 calls from me later, it's now 5 pm and all I get is they'll come today!! No call, no time frame. I've wasted an entire day fighting with their non-English speaking reps and now have to waste my evening as well. DO NOT do business with this company.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2017

Early September, I called Apria Healthcare to order supplies for my sleep apnea machine. They told me to call back on September 12. I called them on September and they took the order. In the past by the 3rd or 4th day I received my supplies. Today is Sept 29 and still has not arrived. I called Them to get the status of my order. I spoke to their representative who identify herself a Jes. I had to ask her to spell it. First she tells me that they have not received a valid prescription from the doctors. She said it did not have a valid signature. I asked why they did not call me? I asked her which doctor did they send it to so I can follow up. She put me on hold for 5 minutes and told me my PCP doctor's name. I asked her when did they send the request to my doctor’s office so I can follow up. She did not know and had to put me on hold for 4 minutes and then said they received a valid prescription order yesterday.

So, I asked when will I get my supplies. Her answers is they normally take 7 to 10 days to process the order. I reminded her I called in on the 13th. She said that does not matter it takes 7 to 10 days to process. I asked to speak to her supervisor. She said the supervisor cannot speak to me because they are taking calls. She asks what can she help me with. I told her again that she cannot help me further so I would like to speak to a supervisor. She said that she can only enter my phone number in their system to request for someone to call me back. I asked her when can I expect the callback. She said 48 hours. This is very bad. They just stone wall and I can't even get the order number.

Original review: Sept. 26, 2017

Apria Healthcare is horrible, we tried to return the rented nebulizer as my mother no longer needed it, they stated they didn't want it back, and for us to just keep it. We continued to get billed for months, we again called to cancel and after several attempts the bills stopped coming. One year later we receive a bill for $12.00, small amount but so very hard to talk with anyone to dispute, it took several days and hours on hold and they refused to cancel the bill as they stated Medicare rejected their claim, so it was passed on to my 91 year old mother. The person I talked to was rude and unapologetic, they wanted their money. Awful!!!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

When I called Apria I went through the process and then was told I needed to be switched to another operator. I had to spell my name six times and finally say each letter with the corresponding, a as in apple, routine before I was understood. Was told I had to see my Dr., schedule another sleep study, send paperwork, setting on machine and the order for the new machine since mine quit. I asked what I was suppose to do in the meantime since I did not have a machine. Not her problem. I called my Dr. and said try to find me a machine but DO NOT use Apria healthcare. Unprofessional is an understatement. Look at the reviews. Stay away from these uncaring, unknowing, unknowledgeable whatevers. I'd like to give them a zero.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2017

As others have said, the one star is because there is no lower rating - there really needs to be another since a rating of one confers a level this company doesn't reach. For some reason Apria ended up being our provider; we had no say in the matter and probably would have accepted them since we were totally ignorant of the whole process. Woe is me, had I but known! I've tried to find one good thing to say about this outfit but am left mute. This space is inadequate to list my complaints, so let me just say that if you have a choice in providers, don't choose this one or you will find yourself right here doing what I'm now doing, telling others to choose another provider. I've mentioned this problem to three of my related health-care providers and the response has always been, "You're not the first to complain," so I guess the problem is common here.

My favorite observation is of the young lady assisting me when learning about and picking up my equipment; she asked me to sign a form and when I started to read it, she said, "Oh, you don't have to sign it, you'll get a copy." Do folks nowadays actually sign forms without reading them? If your personal time is important to you, I would suggest contracting with another company because you'll waste plenty of it trying to straighten things out with Apria.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

I have been unhappy with Apria since the first day doing business with them! I first encountered a very rude lady when trying to get a nebulizer. I was told they only had one brand available and I could pretty much "like or lump it." I am required to use this company by my insurance or I would have gone elsewhere immediately. I already had enough nebulizer medicine to last for awhile, but I was told they would not send the nebulizer if I didn't get the medicine from them. So I had no choice.

Approximately one year later I needed oxygen. I called Apria to set this up and was told rudely that they had never heard of me and I would have to go through that headache to get an account set up all over again! I had been getting supplies and medicine from them for a year! To add insult to injury, it is a headache to even pay them! I call time after time and I am left on hold so long I just hang up. I've tried to pay online, but they require an account number and a reference number that is not on their invoices. Someone needs to do something about this company!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2017

So incompetent! The worst most clueless customer service. No one knows anything and they switch you to someone else who also knows nothing! They don't do what they say they'll do. You wait in the phone interminably and then get disconnected. I am researching other companies so I can stop having to deal with this disorganized mess of a company. Run the other way!!!

Original review: Sept. 11, 2017

APRIA is the worst company I have ever encountered. Ordered $30.00 worth of supplies last year. Sent me over $300.00 worth of supplies, that I didn't order. Couldn't return them because "They are contaminated". Got stuck paying the price, plus my insurance paid them also. In May, needed a few more supplies, spoke to a Supervisor so the same thing would not happen. The supervisor took my order, item by item, stating that all were covered 100% by insurance. Five months later, I received a bill from APRIA for $40.00. WOOPS, they were wrong. Insurance only paid part. They are MONEY GRABBERS, who could care less about the patient. I hope they all enjoy the money that they illegally received!!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2017

Houston TX I45 location. Ordered a new CPAP machine with all paperwork submitted on 8/24/17 and today on 9/8/17 I canceled my order. During the time which they had the order, I followed up with a phone call on 3 occasions. Each time I was promised a call back with status. NEVER received a phone call. I have now placed my order with another DME company.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I have been on O2 for 14 years. I am forced into using Apria by Kaiser. They are the worst company in the world. They will not deliver enough oxygen and do not care if I run out. They bill me often for supplies I did not take and then send me to collections when I refuse to pay. They fail to bill Medicare and then lie to me that they already billed and that Medicare refused payment. They hang up on me. They promise return phone calls which never arrive. This company has the worst customer service in the world. It is worse than talking to my local senator!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

I was started on O2 while I was in the hospital and they hooked me up with Apria for the therapy to continue at home. Although Apria didn't tell me anything about it, I need an adaptor to hook up my existing CPAP to my O2. I made an appt with my pulmonologist to figure out how that occurs. They told me it's a simple adaptor, so I called Apria 2 weeks ago to order it. They told me it might take up to 15 days. So I called today, only to find out that my order hadn't been processed. They have no idea why. They wanted to place the order again and wait another 15 days. I told the rep that this was a huge risk to my health but she didn't care. She then told me that I could actually pick up an adaptor from a local office <10 miles from where I live. I'll go there tomorrow. Anyway, the bottom line is that I would never choose to do business with this company. Employees are totally inept. If I have to be on O2 permanently, I'll be switching suppliers.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I've been using them for over a year. They sell my CPAP unit for 1100, they have charged me over 2 grand, and none of their bills show adjudicated amounts. Instead they charge you full uninsured rate, hoping you will pay, then pocket the insurance money. They absolutely REFUSE to provide you with an accounting/list of charges, payments, and insurance coverage to show you that they are charging you correctly. They say "It is complicated and you just have to guess what goes to what," which definitely supports they are making up charges.

They have been harassing me because they refuse to process my change of insurance from 3 months ago and are trying to charge me the full rate. Last night they called and lied to my wife saying they got the insurance rate in and I owe 40 bucks. They are going to charge me the 700 dollars they were trying to get out of me for the "uninsured rate", this for a product that both I and the insurance companies have paid at least 2x the cost of the unit. These guys are just crooks. There is no other way to describe their form of business. Unfortunately, they are the only CPAP provider my insurance offers in the area. Which is amazing, considering how much they are stealing from the insurance providers too.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I have been trying for 2 months to purchase a walker. I have done everything they have asked and still nothing done. I have called 2 to 3 times a week... and every time a supervisor will call you back or it's in processing... Still nothing! I decided to look at the review and saw how horrible they were, to EVERYONE... I called and cancelled my order. I had to send in an email to take my credit card that was put in the system without telling me they were doing that. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY. This is my first time doing a review. I had to try and help others. Good luck.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

My company health insurance changed carriers this year from Humana to Blue Cross (Florida Blue) who subs out to CareCentrix that subs out to Apria Healthcare, Inc. The previous company from Humana notified me that they needed to pick up my husbands CPAP machine and that we had to get a new one from Florida Blue. Found out the instructions there and complied. My husband has been without any mask or supplies for over a month now. I finally tracked down a phone number for Apria Healthcare (which was not provided to me by Care Centrix or Blue Cross) and found out that they have had the approval from Blue Cross since July 27, 2017.

I asked what the problem was and why we don't have a machine. They said my husband could come pick it up if he wants (nearly 30 miles away), however they have no late hours or weekend hours available. I asked them if they could deliver it. They said yes they would deliver it on 8/22/17. Well no one showed up. I called again today and they said that someone needs to be there to sign for it. Now rescheduled for tomorrow, will see if anything shows up. I've never had an experience like this, Humana called us and asked when they could come deliver the CPAP machine two days after my husband's appt. and they came at 7 pm when my husband was home. This company doesn't even call to let you know they have your order or God forbid help you get anything! Care Centrix did not even tell us that they used a subcontractor either! I cannot believe that Florida Blue does business with either of these companies, it is appalling.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2017

The first time I had to contact customer service for this company will hopefully be my last. I tried for 3 days to get someone on the phone to speak with to resolve my problem. The only thing you can do on their website is remit a payment. There is no email information to contact their customer service department. I finally had to get my insurance company involved. A representative of my insurance company set up a conference call to try to resolve the problem. We waited for over 45 minutes for someone to answer. Unacceptable!! When someone finally answered my insurance company representative identified himself and gave my information three times. Unacceptable.

The final straw was when the Apria representative hung up on the call. Unacceptable!! I received a call from Apria today and I asked what happened on the previous call. The representative said she was calling to update my information. I told her that information was given to them Three times the day before. She said the person I spoke with before had a bad connection and hung up. Wow. I told her the appropriate thing to do in that case was to call the customer back

Immediate. I asked her what the policy is for this situation. Her response was "I'm sorry this happened to you". I asked if I could suggest this to her supervisor. She said she would try to see if she could find one. I told her not to bother but to please pass on this suggestion. I'm not wasting any more of my time. I will be finding another company to provide my home oxygen.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

After getting approval for an oxygen machine, it took Apria TWO WEEKS to get it set up. After finding out refill tanks didn't work properly, it took another FOUR DAYS to get service.Then the machine stopped filling the tanks. They said someone would be out in two days, then they left a message saying they would arrive the following week (a ONE WEEK delay from the initial call). They said it wasn't a priority since the machine itself produced oxygen. I explained that portable oxygen was needed ASAP to get to the hospital for a doctor's appointment and a medical procedure. They have an escalation phone number, but no one ever answered. In addition, there's an escalation number for health & safety issues.

After 24 hours, still no answer. Even tried Twitter. They don't tweet (!). I was on hold on several different phone calls for a total of about 30 minutes. Why are they in the business of providing urgent medical services when they are incapable of doing so? We had NO CHOICE except to use them for our insurance coverage. The only reason I didn't give them one star is because the people I finally reached after much waiting genuinely acted concerned and wanted to resolve the problem. I can only assume they are simply inefficient, understaffed, have antiquated systems and don't prioritize service.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

I am getting calls at least twice a day that I have ignored for quite a while. If you don't answer, the caller hangs up then immediately calls back. It is bordering on harassment. The calls are in regard to ordering CPAP supplies which I neither need nor want. When I am ready, I will order the supplies but it certainly won't be from Apria. There is absolutely no way to contact this company and rarely do you speak to a person unless you are ordering something. There isn't even an address on the so called website and no way to even send an email with your complaints.

If you ever wonder why medical and insurance costs are so high, here is one reason. You should not need CPAP supplies within 3 months of getting new ones. I finally reached Jane who told me she had our phone numbers permanently removed so we would not receive any further calls. It remains to be seen if this will actually happen. I happen to work in the medical field and I find this a disgrace.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2017

This company mislead my elderly mother and gave her an oxygen tank that she thought would be covered by her insurance. There was no follow up, and my mother kept the tank for months after she stopped using it. They are now charging for her oxygen that was neither used or needed. Feeling very ripped off.

Original review: Aug. 5, 2017

Poor understanding of what my issues were with my CPAP. For a whole year very fatigued, CPAP noise would keep me up and the home office at Plainview N.Y. never got to the root of the problem. After a long while I started to feel worse and no real help and did know another Company was in existence that took Medicare. I switched CPAP doctors also and my new doctor told me of a new Company and now I am finally on my way. I felt for a long time that Apria needed to change my CPAP unit, but they kept changing my masks, wrong answer. They don't know what they are doing. I hope this can be of hope to others.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

This is the worst of the worst -if I could I would give negative stars. They have reps in foreign countries to speak to you. They cannot understand us and vice versa. They do not call ahead to make sure someone is home. Just show up though you ask for them to call and make sure someone is home. Whatever you do don't give them your business. Find someone else for that is what we are doing as soon as the contract is up!!!

Original review: July 28, 2017

If there is any way to avoid using this company, do it. Unfortunately, our hospital and insurance left us with only this choice for a wheelchair after my daughter had surgery. She had to spend an extra day in the hospital after she was given the okay to go home while we waited for them to bring the wheelchair because she was not allowed to leave without it. They finally arrived with a chair but unfortunately, it was a child's chair. She is 25. That may not have been such a problem but her legs were broken in 6 places and had rods installed from hip to ankle. Being crunched into a short chair was not an option. They told us we could not get a proper one that day but to go home with the small one and call tomorrow and they would change it out for the right size.

After being on hold for I don't know how long we finally got someone and explained our problem. They said they would send someone with a new chair right away. They did, but IT WAS EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE CHAIR! We tried to call again to correct the situation but after numerous phone trees, lengthy holds and people who did not know what or how they could help us, we gave up and borrowed a chair from a friend who fortunately had the right size. My husband called to ask what the payment situation was.

We didn't know if we had purchased the chair or were renting it and when we finally could get a live person on the phone, they couldn't tell us anything. Just trying to reach someone who could answer questions was such an ordeal that sad to say, we gave up. We ended up having the stupid unused chair for 5 months for a total of $2,100 paid by our insurance and a 20% copay from us. What a joke. This company is everything that's wrong with the healthcare system.

Original review: July 27, 2017

Awaiting refund since May 25, 2017. I returned a Drive Wheelchair on May 25 to the Sarasota location. I have yet to receive my credit of 265.00. Numerous calls have been made... they keep connecting you to different people. I am about to take legal action if I have not received my credit/refund by August 10th. I would not recommend this company. When you actually get someone to speak with... they do not speak English...

Original review: July 26, 2017

Very long wait before being able to speak with a representative. I suggest giving the caller an estimate of wait time. Very poor phone connection quality. The problem is really on their end. My phone works fine. I suggest looking into their phone system. I got disconnected when the representative put me on hold. Problems trying to register online and no help.

Apria Healthcare Company Information