Jackson, TN

1.9/5 (2247 ratings)

About Apria Healthcare

Apria Healthcare Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

Original review: Jan. 30, 2023

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. After a NIGHTMARE of an experience due to an equipment recall (where I was continually billed even though using the machine would cause cancer) I was told a different story every time I called. I was told I didn't owe money and to ignore any calls or letters due to billing cycles etc. I have tried to close my account with them for MONTHS and every time I call I get a different story from a different rep. I was told that my account was closed yet I am still getting billed. I am now told they are charging me for my entire machine..... RUN FAR AWAY. It's not worth 35+ hours of your time on the phone with their customer service.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2023

My child needed a wound vac. They received the prescription from the surgeon the day after we were told he needed one. The surgeon’s office had to call twice over 3 weeks to prompt Apria to call me. Apria called while I was unavailable so I called them back the next day, no callback. Called them again and left a message per their instructions, "If you called within business hours your call will be returned within two hours. If you called after business hours your call will be returned the next business day by noon". I was returning their call per the voicemail they left me…the one and only time they called me.

I called 5 times over 9 business days, excluding Veterans Day. The last one I pleaded for someone to call me back as my child is in pain and missing school. No call. After 2 weeks of not calling me back, I had to involve the surgeon's office yet again, and two other parties, and still no call back. So all in all, this company received 9- 0 calls from myself, another party, and the surgeon’s office within 5 weeks.

We had to get a wound vac from another company which they sent within 48 hours of the prescription being sent over, so someone out there understands that if someone is in need of a wound vac, there is probably a pretty nasty wound open to the elements. You don’t need a wound vacuum for a scratch. Find any other company, do not use this one.

Get buying tips about Portable Oxygen Concentrators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2022

I have been trying to get a CPAP machine since April of 2022. When I call Apria to check the status they blame someone else. It takes 40 minutes to an hour and a half to get through, just to get the runaround.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2022

On 8/5/2022 I became a resident here. I'm very disabled, 74 yrs. old, in need of 24/7 oxygen. This office was assigned to rent my needed supplies by my Ins. Co. From 'day ONE' we DIDN'T get along. I had to call and request they pick up the 'bed' they rented; it caused BACK PAIN in less than 1 week! {We argued!} A few weeks later, I HAD to ask for a SECOND Portable "Innogen" battery, needing more than 3 hrs. time for shopping. My PCP wrote orders for this. Insurance agreed to pay 2nd rental battery. Apria REFUSED & said 'I have to buy a 2nd portable battery'; That's unlawful! My Ins. Co. called Apria; the Mgr. {TIM} was supposed to call & talk to me. He did NOT!

When I then called, my call was answered by a recording. I was told "Don't call unless you need an order". Hung up! In the mail 2-3 days later, I was sent "Nebulizer parts" {they'd been opened from manufacturer's packages, handled, then put in a 'zip-lock' baggie and mailed to me}: HANDLED BY ???; NOT sealed for proper sanitary and health issues! When I needed to get a new 'set-up' out to use during the night 4 days ago, I could NOT find parts to fit together for a nebulizer need {parts were in different baggies, with no instructions! And ONLY THREE of the total parts FIT TOGETHER so I could do a NEEDED TREATMENT!}. 1 hour it took me!

When I finally put the parts together and began to use the nebulizer, my oxygen level was 72%! It's supposed to be AT LEAST 88% when idle & 95%+ when active! I've needed to use oxygen since 2016! NEVER have I EVER been sold parts that were NOT SEALED in manufacturer's bags with paper instructions! My Ins. Agent is trying to locate me a HEALTH CARE provider. But I'm running out of CLEAN SANITARY Nebulizer equipment! I have NOTHING GOOD to say about the treatment I'm having to put up with! I have no purchase or photo proof. My UHC ins. pays. And my personal helper is already working on getting me a REAL HEALTH CARE PROVIDER for my oxygen needs!

Original review: Dec. 13, 2022

They have sent me the wrong, unprescribed medical device SIX times. Three times after my physician wrote the prescription with the exact make and model of equipment they were supposed to send. Incompetent to the point of being threat to your health.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

My experience with the Houston branches of Apria over the years for my CPAP supplies has been deplorable. My most recent altercation has been with attempting to get a new CPAP. Over the course of 42 days, I have spent over 10 hours on the phone, much of which was on hold. I have been spoken to unprofessionally by ** multiple times, and she yelled at me on our last call. My insurance company has even been on the phone with me when I've talked to Apria, but made no difference. I tried 3 times to escalate to a manager, who did not return my calls. When I finally did get to speak with the manager, **, he also spoke over me and raised his voice.

Apria's business plan is to rent customers CPAPS for some months and then convert to a purchase. You cannot buy a CPAP through insurance with Apria. They do not come out and state this, though. They blame this on the insurance company. In my case, my insurance does cover the outright purchase of a CPAP. After much back-and-forth, where I declined to sign any agreement because it looked like a rental agreement, Apria just shipped a machine to my home. When I called to ask how and why this happened, I was told that if I don't want it, I can return it to the 9400 Kirby location.

I refused to spend more of my time and gas money to return an item I did not order, which is when ** yelled at me. They said they would have someone come pick the machine up. But I won't believe that until I see it. They also said they will not bill my insurance.... Anyone want to take the over / under on that? Please do not go through Apria for any durable medical equipment. Save yourself significant time and frustration by requesting your insurance company to provide you with a different vendor.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2022

My insurance company only uses Apria and Apria required information from a doctor from 9 years ago. It took me 5 months to get equipment (not due to backorder). No one called me to go over the Sales, Service and Rental Agreement. The document they sent me is on invoice paper with lines running through it and exceptionally difficult to read. Do they want customers to just sign without understanding their commitment? They are impossible to get in touch with and do not leave messages or return calls. The only positive so far is that getting someone on the phone to assist with equipment set up is easy, but customer service forget about it. Reading previous reviews, I am concerned about what is to come regarding billing. I refuse to sign an agreement that I can hardly read.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Apria is a dishonest company that fraudulently charges people without running their insurance claims, and then doesn't refund the money they stole. My insurance company verified I owed them nothing but still got charged and they won't make it right.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2022

I've reached out to Apria Health Care for 2 days. I told them my CPAP machine wasn't working right. The first day I got a snotty girl that said we can change the settings. I told her it was broken. I told her it was operating poorly. I called again. Finally a respiratory therapist tried to call. I didn't have my phone by me. I tried to call back and he told the receptionist my voice mail was full. I tried again. She said he had called me back but it wasn't on my call list. They don't seem to care. I offered to drive the machine to them to have it fixed, no answer. My Drs office even called them in Hudson. This machine is life or death for me and they are messing around. Run from this company they do not care. My next step is call my insurance company.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2022

I have been getting calls once a week from Apria since I received my CPAP machine. They never leave voicemails. I answered today and was told I have a $150 bill. I said, "yes, I do however when I spoke last to you guys I was given the option of billing to my Kaiser account or being sent an invoice." I asked it got billed to my Kaiser account. I got my machine 2 or 3 weeks ago. I told the rep that I was given those two choices and that I opted for it being billed. I was then pressured and essentially told I needed to pay my bill now.

Luckily I had enough money but there was a reason I chose having it billed to my Kaiser - why even give that option if it really isn’t an option apparently? Not happy that I was pressured to give my personal card information over the phone and that when I told them to bill it to me I was told no and asked again if I would pay debit or credit. This is not a good first impression for my experience with apria, and now I’m wishing I didn’t have to go thru them for my cpap equipment.

In addition due to the cpap machine shortage I was given a ResMed 10, however both my parents have cpap as well and managed to both get resmed 11, which is the newer model and has Bluetooth capability whereas the 10 has an SD card. I was not given a choice which machine I would get; I was told I would be given whichever was available first. I would’ve rather waited for the newer model, as I like the aspect of being able to connect to the phone app resmed has.

Apria Healthcare Company Information