Apria Healthcare

Jackson, TN

Compare Health Products

Research top Health Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I was wondering why people even have this company any star then I realized it meant very dissatisfied. I haven't reviewed any companies until now but have to voice my complaint. My daughter had foot surgery 6 days ago and had to go back to the university shortly after. I went through my insurance and was sent to Apria and I was told that the recommended knee scooter would be sent before end of business day 2 days ago. I called on that day to see what time the delivery would be and I was told that they only had the order but not the authorization number so I had to call the insurance to ask them to resend the authorization number. This is after I've been rerouted to 2 different departments and been on hold for 40 minutes.

When I call Apria again to see if they got it they tell me that they will expedite it and try to get it to me the same day. Of course that doesn't happen so I call the next day and I'm told they are working to expedite it to get it to me the same day. Today I call again and this time I'm told that "did they tell you there is a back order and we need your credit card for a deposit". Of course I tell them I was never told about either issue and then they tell me to call another department tomorrow. I ask how much deposit is needed and they don't know - and I have to call the billing department. I told them the billing department told me how much the rental is but they never asked for my credit card or a deposit. Still I give my card number so there won't be any reason for a hold up due to something I could have done anything about.

It's just so frustrating since I am told that it is coming and then to get different messages when I call to check up. Of course it's only been a few days but in the meantime my daughter is trying to rush between buildings on her crutches without putting any weight on her operated foot. I'm sure others have worse experiences but I don't know why the insurance even bothers to use their services when they are so inefficient. I have an order number but no receipt because this is billed through my insurance and I don't get the receipt until after I get the bill.

On Jan. 5, 2017, I ordered CPAP supplies from Apria for my husband using his new Medicare Part B insurance plan. I made the mistake of giving Apria my credit card rather than waiting for the claim to go through our insurance to find out how much was our responsibility. Since my husband was in desperate need of a new mask, and to prevent a delay in having the supplies shipped to us, I provided my credit card. I was charged $79.46. When we received an Explanation of Benefits from our insurance company we discovered we were only responsible for $34.31. After hours of sitting on hold and explaining the issue I kept being told there was still one outstanding bill (there wasn't).

I called Apria multiple times and our insurance carrier called them multiple times, but our request for credit was ignored. I finally contacted our credit card company and filed a credit dispute for the amount we were overcharged. Thanks to Citi Card we received the credit in less than 48 hours. I will never do business with Apria again!

We bought a CPAP thru Apria in July of 2015. Their billing is so terrible. They could not bill our insurance correctly, put us in collections and after finally paying the balance just to get them off our backs, they say we still owe $160.00. I have requested a copy of our statement and have yet to receive anything.

Apria's customer service is absolutely awful. When I ordered my CPAP machine through them, I specifically asked about whether I would be receiving the nasal mask that I had slept with at my test. I was erroneously told this was correct. Instead, I received a type of mask that I can't wear and knew I would never want. When I called to correct it, I was told to get a new RX from my doctor or to use up my 1 free mask fitting. I got the new RX but no one returned my call re: next steps.

When I called, they then tell me that the RX wasn't sufficient and that it needed info on the brand of mask. Only after triple checking did they then tell me that not only do they need to specific brand of mask but also the size. If I hadn't asked, it would have been a 3rd or 4th request to my doctor, all while not having a CPAP and sleeping poorly! I finally asked to speak to a manager and he did absolutely nothing - I still have to use my one free mask fitting to correct THEIR mistake. I will NEVER use them again for ANYTHING.

I have been trying to get an SD card to get a download for at least a month! It all started when I placed an order for new CPAP supplies. Never got them! Called them and they said they needed a 90 day download and that they called and told us that! We never got a call! So I have been trying to get an SD card for almost a month so we can get supplies! They are very rude, disrespectful and very unhelpful thru Apria's "so called" call center! They also don't want you to speak to a supervisor, they always find a way to hang up on you. They figure if they get you mad enough you won't do anything about it! But I have had more than enough dealing with this unhelpful company! I would advise anyone looking to using a Healthcare company not to use Apria!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

I have never done business with such an incompetent company. I'm feeling rather postal right now, if you get my drift. I changed insurance January 1st. Apria took a month before calling my insurance. They were given verification of coverage, allegedly, but continued to bill my old insurance. Now, after 4 months, they called to say they were picking up their equipment because they have received no payment. They've received no payment because they never invoiced me or my current insurance, no statements, no phone calls. I have received texts that I should log in or call and I am unable to do either. The phone number provided usually leads me to the Philippines to someone who doesn't know what equipment I have and the text links don't work. I have now been told that Apria isn't in my network and that I owe them more than $800.

My insurance, Christus Health Plan, which is also incompetent gave them the wrong information. I am going to research ConsumerAffairs and make a consumer report against Apria. This company is unethical, immoral, inept, incompetent and inefficient. At the end of every phone call they always say, "Thank you for being the best part of Apria." What a joke. I wish I could leave 10 negative stars. Avoid this company like the plague.

I have them on auto pay with Chase Bank and according to Chase Bank they have received their money every month, but we get notifications every month. The payment is $26.00 a month but it is behind over $100.00. Chase sent it, if they didn't get it who did? I agree with the people above. They have very poor customer service. Jerry ** for Chuck Church. Please Apria, get your act together because you do have the product and the potential to do very well. Thank you.

I have been with Apria for a couple of years and have had so many problems with my orders. First of all I have insurance and Medical so payment is in full but they needed a credit card on file. And one month there was a bill on my account for supplies. And when I questioned it they discovered they made a mistake but could not credit my account but would have to send me 2 checks and I would get them the following week. But I had to follow up with numerous calls to get my money back.

I have received bills because they put things on me in their system wrong. Then I kept receiving robo calls from them regarding supplies aND now I can't seem to get supplies. They took my order but did not send anything. And then I went online and ordered and only got one thing. And then I tried to go back online to place the rest of my order again and my password would not work and it has been 2 days and I am still waiting for an email from them to reset It! Has anyone filed a class action suit against them?

Went to pick up my CPAP machine and mask. The person who tried to help me was just the receptionist. I was told a respiratory specialist was going to custom fit me. The machine is high tech basically showed me the on off button and how to attach the hose and mask. Seem abrupt and rude and like she hated her job. I would not have gone there if the insurance company did not give me their name and address and phone number. I came home and had to look thru the book that came with the machine and many features that were not even mentioned so how do I know if I am getting the best from the machine?? Don't go there - Palm Beach Gardens Florida location.

I am VERY disappointed in Apria. I received an order for my CPAP machine on 2/3/17. It is now 4/18/17 and I still do not have the machine. I have had to contact both of my insurance carriers. I obtained the denial letter from my Primary insurance myself and have now faxed that to Apria. I called my secondary insurance this morning, as I was placed on hold for 30 mins with Apria, and I was told from them that Apria has NOT submitted for a reauthorization. I am looking at ways of filing a grievance as I am being denied access to a machine that my MD has deemed "Medically Necessary". I am a healthcare worker and I can not understand this delay of service. I do not know how a company with this type of customer service is still allowed to function and will definitely would not recommend this company to ANYONE.

I am writing today to express my frustration about being forced to work with this company. I am a discharge planner and have been for many years. I absolutely dread working with them and I only have to when it is insurance related. They are not concerned for their patients, they do not understand (or care about) the urgency of acquiring DME for medically compromised patients. I have seen it take anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months for them to deliver even a single piece of DME to a patient. I have been forced to send people home, because insurance stops paying, with nothing. And this breaks my heart and it compromises the health and well-being of the patient. I have filed formal complaints with Apria and received NOTHING back. This company simply don't care. I do not recommend anyone using them... EVER! If your insurance tells you this is who they contract with, insist on another DME provider!

Every time the company change the machine it doesn't work. They have to come back 2-3 times when finally works for a few months. I'm on the oxygen machine 24/7. Every time I call it's whole day project.

Have been using Apria for at least 12 years. They sent me a box of CPAP supplies like clockwork, even stuff I didn't use with my CPAP. I gave up trying to convince them to drop some of the supplies, but after numerous calls to my Orlando APRIA with no success, I started putting them in the closet. Cigna was paying for all of this. Then I get switched over to Medicare as my primary and CIGNA goes to secondary, and this is when a different problem begins. I have called the Orlando APRIA 3 times, spoken with 3 different reps who tell me that Medicare is handled differently, and thus someone will call me back. Never a callback. I am now sending off a letter to the corporate offices regarding my lack of help from Orlando and researching a new company to service my CPAP.

I purchased a CPAP machine through Apria in January 2016. As required by Medicare it was setup as a rental for the first 13 months. Needless to say trying to deal with Apria Corporate to even get the machine is an unbelievable story, but that story is not for now. Throughout 2016 Apria billed Medicare and of the Medicare approved amount that was not paid, my BCBS supplemental paid Apria. In January 2017, I received notice from BlueCross/BlueShield of a rejected billing from Apria. I immediately called Apria billing office and was informed that my account showed no open balance and that I would need to wait until they received notice from BCBS. I checked with Medicare and Medicare had approved the typical amount but applied it to my deductible. This deductible amount was billed to BCBS.

I called BCBS and they informed me that they had rejected the billing from Apria because Apria had failed to accurately complete the billing code. I then called Apria and talked with billing once more. This time as the previous time as well as the next time - waited over 45-55 minutes on telephone hold. The billing clerk provided me with her name and told me that yes they had received a rejection from BCBS. I asked about rebilling and was informed that they do not rebill regardless of the reason, even if they make the error. I then asked if I could get BCBS on the phone with Apria to resolve the issue. They said yes, but that I would be responsible for the error.

I then asked if there was a number BCBS could call that they would not have to wait an hour like I did on the phone. They gave me a number and assured me that the BCBS call would be put through. I called BCBS and was informed that my plan pays for all deductibles and copays and that Apria had not coded the billing form correctly. I asked if they would be willing to contact Apria and they asked me to hold while they called on another line. After 10 minutes, they got back on the line with me and informed me that they were on hold and transferred to an auto answering system. BCBS told me that they would pass the information I provided on to claims and noted that I requested a return call. As of this date 4/10/17 I have not received a return call from Apria.

I file a complaint with BBB stating Apria was deceptive in failing to disclose their policy of not rebilling even if they make a mistake in billing and the company's failure or willingness to provide me with a detailed billing statement that I could use to submit to BCBS if I paid Apria. They had instructed me to get the billing information from BCBS. Apria responded with denying that I even had an account or any balance. As soon as I received Apria's reply through BBB, I called Apria's billing office and was informed that I still had the balance on my account. I rejected Apria's response and citing billing account numbers, model number of machine, and eventually sent a copy of my statement from Apria. BBB forward my rejection of Apria's denial of an account along with additional information.

Apria finally replies with the fact I did not have an Account with Apria, that they had no reason to pursue collections, and apologized for taking up BBB's time. BBB informed me that since Apria had answered my complaint, it would show up in their records as Apria responded to the complaint, but that I would not accept it. My God where is the impartiality to the truth even through BBB when Apria denial is completely untruthful. I just got a bill from Apria for the amount that I don't owe and in the account that I don't have open.

So, now I have turned to my insurance agent to see if he can apply some pressure to BCBS to approve the claim. Rest assured I have copies of all receipts, email messages, phone call notes and names of people I have talked with - as described above. As quickly as this issue is resolved I will transfer all my health care durable equipment, etc needs to a local provider. This Company is no longer viable. Check it out with consumer agencies and reporting bodies nationally.

I have been a customer of Apria for BPAP machine since 2010. I (my insurance company, which I pay good money to have) have paid them in excess of $15K in rental for this machine. July 2016 I was billed for yet another few months of rental. I called them to ask how long we would have to continue rental before it was considered owned. The customer rep discussed with someone for a while and then came back on line to tell me that I had been paying for over 5 years, that I did not owe them for these charges, and I would not receive any more bills for this or future rental. There was no mention of any pending balance with insurance or any other aspect just that it was no longer owed. As she communicated, I did not receive another bill from them or any other communication, until... Fast forward one year, I get a bill for over $1000 for rental for April to July 2016, the balance that the customer rep one year earlier said that I no longer owed.

I have spent over an hour and a half on the phone with them trying to resolve this to no avail. When one customer rep could not resolved I would ask to be transferred to the next level of support. (Conveniently,) the phone was disconnected during transfer - twice. When calling back in, they would not transfer me to the same rep I talked to before (even though I had the name) nor would they would not transfer me to the next level of support without me rehashing the entire conversation again with them. I finally made my way to "Level 3 support" and after another round of explaining the situation made no headway in them acknowledging that they had struck this balance last year.

When I asked to speak to someone in "Level 4", they said there was none. So I asked for name of who I needed to talk to over his head. He would not transfer me nor give me a name and abruptly ended the call by saying "Have a good afternoon... and thank you for using Apria..." and hung up on me. It is unacceptable that I (conveniently) got disconnected when attempting to escalate, one is forced to rehash the situation over and over again with a new customer rep when calling back in (even if the name of the previous rep is known) or when you do get bumped to next level of service (I use the term loosely since it doesn't exist at Apria), someone has the nerve to hang up on a customer. Unless a customer is talking with the CEO, there is always someone over their head that may like to hear complaints and work something out.

I rented a wheelchair beginning in July 2016. They took the payment from my checking account. It was supposed to be 14 dollars a month but soon turned into 73 dollars a month. I contacted my insurance company and was told Apria was not filing their claim properly. I contacted them and they said they would refile. They did the next month but went back to filing it wrong the next. This went like this until the end of the year. In December they took out $198.00. After that I called and told them to pick it up. I couldn't possibly afford this anymore. I paid a total of $347.00 for rental for July through December. I then bought one at Walmart for about $160.00. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone nor will I ever use them myself again.

I am not alone. Forced to use this company due to Kaiser. You call multiple times, talk to managers, it goes on for days, no service. How can an organization fail so badly in managing customer expectations? Employees tell you that you will absolutely get service today, it's marked urgent in their system, by 6pm. Day after day of calling. It's a total joke and a travesty to suffering patients. Just one example: My 83 year old uncle just had 8 hours of surgery last week. The hoyer lift broke. Promised Monday. No delivery yet as promised. Shameful - are you listening, Board of Directors?

I had a sleep study done in July of 2016. At the time my insurance was Cigna. I went picked up a CPAP machine and the agreement was I would have 6 payments and the machine would be mine and I would not have any more payments. I paid 5 payments on time and the last payment was suppose to be January 30th. My insurance changed in January from Cigna to Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. I received a bill for 55.00. I call because it wasn't the same as the other 5 payments. I was told that because my insurance changed I was in default of the contract with Apria Healthcare under Cigna and now the contract with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is I have to start all over from zero and start 10 payments. After that 10 payments, the same CPAP machine would be paid for. I think this is one of the reasons health care is out of control. Apria Healthcare SHAME ON YOU.

It is sad the experience I had today while calling to have some oxygen tanks filled. From the beginning of my call today 3/26/17 at 11:40 am-12:24 pm to the end. The only thing I kept specifying to the tech "Marty" was that I needed the oxygen today with emergency because my son who is 5 asthmatic and has a lung disease was almost out. He gets sick out of nowhere and very fast so it isn't like I had a warning about it. We put him on the oxygen at 2 am last night staring him on 1 liter and going down to 3/4 this morning, after not getting any sleep last night I realized this morning that the oxygen tank was almost on empty. So I called Apria. It took 6 minutes of wait time for me to actually speak to someone.

Once the first person answered he asked me all the details, info and everything regarding Aaron. Then he said he had to send me to customer service. Where someone answered and I could not understand most of the time what he was saying. It is not like I am being rude about his accent as I also have an accent but it was quite hard to understand what he was saying or asking. He put me on hold more than 4 times saying he needed to check my son's info.

Every time he came back to answer me he asked the same question; "so what kind of oxygen do you need?" Every time I said "I am not sure what type it is, we always get the same tanks refilled. If you have his file in front of you it should say what oxygen he uses." And again and again, I was put on hold. Until I got upset and asked why it was so hard for him to send someone out to bring me the oxygen and he said because on Sundays Apria doesn't deliver oxygen and they don't have anyone to deliver.

I kept telling him it was an emergency and important that I'd get it today. But he said "If it is an emergency go to the hospital." I said "no, I don't have to take him in. I just need the oxygen and I don't know why you say you do not deliver Sundays when I have called and they have brought it before." He said "well if you knew you needed the oxygen maybe you should've called Friday." "I haven't used the oxygen in a while so I had no idea how low it was and I was also not planing on my son getting so sick overnight." He responded "well next time plan better." I asked again "will you be able to send me the oxygen or not?" He said "well let me call my delivery guy see where he is and if he is available."

At this point I am very very upset and I did ask him very loudly "why have you had me on the phone for 40 minutes asking you for the oxygen and now you say that you can send it out? Why did I have to go thru all this? This is not ok that you did this to me for 40 minutes", and his answer was "well we only do this for emergency cases", and I told him "I have been telling you since the beginning of this call that it is an emergency, why did you do this?" And his answer was, "well maybe you should plan better and order it in the weekday next time." Gosh seriously, if you as a company are ok with these kind of people representing you it is sad. Because they truly say a lot about your company.

Clearly this person just did not want to be there doing his job. He spoke as if he did not want me to understand what he was saying. And I was so upset after speaking to him that my blood pressure dropped. I want someone to listen to that conversation and to put yourself in my place. How would you react to this person who is supposed to help you and instead makes your day even worse than it already is. I also want someone to check my account because I would not be surprised that he added something on it that he should not have. I will also be looking for an alternate oxygen provider because I do not want to call again and have the bad luck of speaking to someone like him again. If he is a representation of your company then I don't think I want to go thru this once more. Thank you for your attention. And hopefully I will get the oxygen today or I will have to run to the ER.

Apria was very quick to deliver a wheelchair, less than 24hrs. after the order was put in. But try sending it back! Well it turns out we didn't need the wheelchair after all and now we have made several phone calls to Apria to pick up the unused wheelchair giving all the current information; address and phone number and they still haven't come to pick it up! Twice it was scheduled and now twice no one comes to get it. I don't know what the communication problem is between the delivery drivers and the pickup orders but here we sit, again waiting all day. Anyway it reveals disorganization and a disconnect within the company and its phone employees.

It's just too much stress calling them and the clearing house - They rarely understand what you're requesting. It's been several years that I have had my CPAC - I requested my first one be repaired - never happened, Never received updates on mask etc. Had to call several times over the years - sent wrong piece of equipment - approved a battery backup then denied as error. The list goes on... Ordered supplies last month online - never happened - one year they billed me when my insurance co. said "do not pay it."

My father was ordered to wear oxygen 24 hr a day. That was 4 days ago and still has not received the oxygen. Apria continues to tell him to pay a bill from 2012. When he refused their service, or he won't get his oxygen. I can't believe the low service standards of this company. I have no choice due to insurance to stay with Apria. I have tried to just pay the bill so my father can get his oxygen (Rip-off). That was a complete runaround. Phone call after phone call and on hold for 20+ minutes. THE BBB should do something about the way this company is ran!

Dealing with this company was the most difficult thing I've had to do throughout my pregnancy this far! I'm not usually one to write reviews but this company was very frustrating to deal with. I tried ordering medical equipment which my doctor faxed over a prescription for and waited over a month for something I was told would take 7-10 days. Every time I spoke with someone from "customer service" I was given different information and never able to reach a supervisor. The people were rude and the equipment was NEVER even received. Ultimately I switched to another carrier. DO NOT PLACE ORDERS WITH APRIA!!!

Trying to get a hold of someone for a billing question is impossible. When and if you ever speak to anyone on the phone you can't even understand them because they're from God knows where. They have overbilled me in the past and they are trying to bill me again for something that was already paid! I am so DONE!

Apria provided me with a CPAP paid for by Medicare and a supplement, but now they are saying that my doctor did not fill out all the necessary forms for follow-up visits. My doctor assures me that she does thousands of these and the forms were submitted twice, but they still claim they have not received it. Then they called me and said, "It's all corrected and you will receive your supplies." Two weeks later another letter saying my doctor did not fill out the forms. Again, they send it and again we repeat this same nonsense. Call saying it's OK. Letter saying no. So I am filing a complaint with Medicare and I suggest you do also if you get the same service.

I went to Apria with a prescription from my doctor to get a nebulizer breathing machine on 2/2/2017. I gave them my prescription and my insurance card. I instructed them to contact my insurance company to make sure my insurance company will allow me to receive the nebulizer and that my insurance company will pay and I will not have out of pocket expenses for this item. After waiting for a long time the man called me back into a private room and informed me that my insurance company had approved me receiving the nebulizer and accepted payment. I now receive a bill from CareCentrix dated 3/6/2017, that I owe $136.66 for the nebulizer and supplies.

I called CareCentrix and explained the issue and they called Apria and we were all on the phone together. The person from Apria claimed they called CareCentrix and received full approval for me to receive the nebulizer. She said she had no information on anyone from Apria contacting my insurance company but claims they called and received approval from CareCentrix to give me the nebulizer breathing machine. When I pressed her about why no one called my insurance company she got angry and hung up on me and the representative from CareCentrix. I have also placed a call to Apria in Fayetteville NC and spoke with the manager. He apologized for my problem but said there wasn't anything that he could do to offer any assistance but told me to call Cigna and inform them that his records show that Adrianna from Cigna authorised Apria to allow me to receive the nebulizer breathing machine.

I am very angry that I was informed that my insurance company informed them to allow me to receive the nebulizer and not have to pay any out of pocket expenses. I have offered to return the nebulizer breathing machine back to Apria, but the manager said he could not refuse the nebulizer breathing machine back but I would still be responsible for the billing until I could get someone from either Cigna or CareCentrix to clear the balance billed to me.

I have been a patient since 2007. I recently received new equipment and had my first follow up Dr. appt. When I call the local Apria Healthcare the calls now go to a call center who do not respond to my inquiry. Twice I've asked for assistance. Please allow local offices to accept calls for service or provide that service without promising a callback that fails to reach the patient. Patients first!

Last year I was diagnosed with mild obstructive sleep apnea and told I would need CPAP. Apria was one of only three companies my health insurance would cover (after meeting the $5,000 deductible, but that's another story). I naively chose Apria. These are my grievances with Apria: They would not come to my home, not even to set up and explain the equipment or to properly fit a mask for me the first time. I had to travel to the closest office, which was 40 minutes away, to be fitted for and instructed about the equipment. Every time I needed to try a new mask, I had to drive to the office. Then the office moved even further away.

The respiratory therapists were not friendly, obviously did not like their job, and did not spend adequate time making sure I had the proper fit so that I could sleep well with the mask on. I am a registered nurse so I know what good healthcare is. I have never treated my patients the way I was treated by these respiratory therapists. I could never reach the therapists by phone, no matter how many messages I left with the receptionist or whoever answered the phones. I tried three different masks. The third mask may have worked except there was a whining noise from the machine that I could not fix. Despite numerous calls, a therapist never returned my call. It was at that point that I returned the equipment and ended my association with Apria.

The irony is that the most attentive staff were the people who monitored the individual CPAP machines to make sure clients were using them often enough for insurance requirements. They would call to say I was not using the machine properly but they could not offer help with the equipment. They said they would notify the therapists but no one ever called back. After all this, Apria has the gall to continue to send me a bill! This company is only interested in making money, not in helping people living healthier lives through CPAP. WARNING! WARNING! Do not use this company.

This is the second time that I ordered CPAP supplies from Apria Healthcare and they attempted to overbill me. When I placed the order I was told by the rep that I would have to pay the co-pay of around $68 before the order could be processed. I gave them my credit card information. I then received a bill from them for $99. When I reviewed my EOB it stated that I owed a total of $109. If you take $68 from $109 you have a balance of $41 not $99. I then spent another 30 minutes on the phone to point out the obvious discrepancy with customer service. This is the second time they did this to me. Will no longer use their services and will discourage anyone that needs CPAP supplies to order from them.

Apria shouldn't be allowed to even operate in the country. When you call the office, you get someone in India or the Phillipines. They have been billing me for 2 years for supplies I haven't order nor received. They didn't submit the proper paperwork to Highmark and they want me to pay. Fat ** chance of that because I made my deductible that year... They are too stupid to understand that. I just called again, and talked to the guy in Manila and told him I want an appointment to go to the local office. He told me the manager will call me back. Still waiting for that phone call. I WILL show up at the local office tomorrow whether I have an appointment or not. Never ever get anything from them. They are too stupid to do business with.

Apria Healthcare Company Profile