Apria Healthcare

Jackson, TN

Compare Health Products

Research top Health Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

On my last order of CPAP they called me and wanted a credit card. I have been dealing with them for over 4 years. My insurance if they bill it right pays for it, in total has for 4 years. This time they said there was a $25. I told them and they can look this up on their records not to send it until they got their billing department straightened out. They shipped it. I thought everything was okay. Now they're billing me $25 and I told him not to ship it. I would not pay anything, that my insurance will pay for everything.

Now I have a different insurance. I also order from a different place. I would never ever use Apria. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. They call me three and four times a day trying to collect this $25. They harassing me. I tried to call in to get it straightened out. I spent hours on the phone. They don't do anything. They'll hang up on you when you call. They put you on hold for 15 minutes, just hang up. They tell me there are no managers on the floor when I call. It is ridiculous to work with this company. I will never use them again and advise anyone look elsewhere. There are several companies in Salt Lake to deal with that are much better.

My dad is 82, stopped breathing 24 x in 1 hr. during his sleep study. We're waiting 11 days for Apria's call for equip. Horrible CS. Never dealt with a company so bad. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone!

The man gave me the CPAP. Told me I don't need to clean it. Did not measure me for mask. I told him not comfortable and said try it and get new one in two weeks. I got sick from it. Did not tell me how to get filters or explain anything on use and how to work the machine. No one calls back. His hands smelled like smoke. He rushed me out of office. I have no idea how to get new supplies and am unable to use the machine. They are so unhelpful.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2006 and have had to utilize 2 different CPAP machines through Apria over the years. Lately, however, I have had increasing difficulties in getting information on what is being billed to insurance and to me, which lead me to question just how much consumers and insurance companies are being bilked out of by this company. I recently received an invoice due statement that was considerably more than what I had usually paid for supplies and services, even when I was an uninsured cash customer paying out of pocket. Over the course of the last three weeks in which I have been attempting to get more information regarding these charges, I have yet to get specifics as to what was charged, why it was charged, and whether or not my insurance company has been billed. Specific complaints are as follows:

I have been unable to access my account online, and am only able to do so after having to contact Apria to re-set my password. This is usually a several hour process and the new password only works that one time. It is incredibly easy, however, to pay my bill without creating an account or signing in. Bills are delivered in a "Statement" format that does not show any itemization of what you are being billed for, and detailed Invoice information is unavailable on the account website if and when I do get access to it. Because I am unable to get copies of the itemized individual invoices, (only an open receivables report has been supplied to me to date) it appears that I am unable to file for reimbursement by my HSA account because the information provided by Apria does not meet my HSA's filing criteria.

It is virtually impossible to reach anyone within the company by phone to discuss any of the charges being billed to me or my insurance company. When calling their customer service number, your only choice is to opt for a callback, which is NEVER timely if you even do get a callback. In the unlikely event you do get the opportunity to speak with a representative that you can communicate with effectively (they have command of the English language and speak coherently enough to be understood) very rarely are they able to actually help you with your issues, and can only refer the matter to someone else that you will also, never have the opportunity to communicate with directly.

While the company is quick to try to steer you into an Autoship program for supplies that is both extremely wasteful, and medically unnecessary in frequency of replacement supplies, those of us who prefer to order specific supplies only as needed are unable to do so. I would highly recommend that Apria be thoroughly examined for consumer, corporate, and insurance fraud based on their lack of transparency in their business dealings.

I have emphysema and asthma. I require oxygen 24/7. I do not allow Apria in my home. Their perfume/after shave is so strong it permeates my home for hours. I have a HEPA filter. I also have two children with asthma. I was in my driveway during the last delivery. I had to rush into my home when the deliveryman was 30, yes, thirty feet away. Have you ever looked at the calibration device they use to check the oxygen concentrator? No calibration sticker on it. I used to work in a laboratory and without a calibration sticker the gauge cannot be used.

Why am I using them? Because Kaiser has decided to use them only. I am slowly purchasing my own oxygen systems and medical supplies I require so I will not be at their mercy. Fixed income so the process is not fast. Do not ever, repeat, do not ever give Apria your check account, debit or credit card number(s). I was double and tripled billed. In three months they ran the bill up to $5000.00 plus, then called me for another credit card number. no itemization, even when asked.

I was, and still on disability insurance, 100% coverage. They told me that if I didn't give them more money they would take away my life support equipment. I gave them a cashiers check. I reported them to Kaiser, Kaiser said I lied. I report them to the Ombudsman. They quit asking me for money, but the policy at Apria is, "even if we make a mistake it is not our policy to reimburse." Of course I could attempt to sue. But when your lifespan is shortened they would just postpone until I died, then my family would be left with attorney bills. They are in a win win situation. A class action lawsuit?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

On 1/31/17 being in need of a knee scooter asap after just going thru tendon repair surgery in my ankle and foot, my doctor's office faxed all necessary paperwork and prescription to Apria Healthcare. My ins company called Apria as well on said date giving them the authorization to order. When I called to expedite order on 1/31/17, their rep stated "it takes 7-10 days to process order at which time a rep will contact you." I took a chance and tried to expedite again on 2/7/17. Again, I was given the same response, "it takes 7-10 days to process the order and someone will contact you at that time." I asked exactly what was involved in their processing that takes 7-10 days? I was told they receive thousands of orders a day and some orders are more important than my knee scooter (I should have cancelled right then and there).

Today, 2/9/17, the 10th day of them "processing my order", a customer service rep called me (whom was very hard to understand), to advise they need to contact the Dr to have a lighter prescription sent (it was too dark) and was hard to read two diagnosis codes. I mentioned to her that "you have had all this information since 1/31/17 and I have been waiting for this scooter, now on the 10th day of your processing protocol you tell me you need a lighter copy?!" I tried asking questions and was totally ignored by her and totally brushed off as she was saying good bye and hanging up. Needless to say, I called Apria Healthcare back, cancelled the order, paid out of pocket and ordered my knee scooter through Amazon. Isn't it amazing that Amazon, such a large company, that also processes thousands of orders per day, can have it to me in two days? I would pay out of pocket before ever dealing with Apria Healthcare again.

Every time I call trying to speak with specialist about equipment, I am outsourced to Asia. Those people have no idea what I need to use or able to answer my medical questions. Service is Bad Bad Bad!!! This is a total mess and not getting better. Have no clue as to how I can speak with respiratory therapist at local office! I am furious and I from the other reviews this company is the worst for customer service period. I could go on and on. It takes an act of Congress to speak with domestic office!

I broke my ankle 1/2/2017, had surgery 1/10/2017, got a cast placed on 1/20/2017. Called Apria Healthcare in Redmond, WA on 1/20/2017 to order a KNEE SCOOTER. I can't drive so I asked whatever I needed to bring to the store I would be willing to since I had a driver that day. The person on the phone told me that I did not need to bring anything and she took everything over the phone including the diagnosis code and the physician writing the prescription. I asked her if she was sure that was all they needed since I could physically bring anything over since I had a driver. She said 'no' and told me it would be 7-10 business days.

On 1/25/2017, I received a call telling me that they did not have the necessary information to process my request. She told me that I needed to have chart notes with my weight written on there along with a prescription. She gave me the 800 number to have my doctor's office fax all that information to them. She also informed me that now it would be 7-10 business days from this date that my scooter would be ready. Therefore, I called my doctor immediately after that call and had them fax everything.

I just received a call today 2/7/2017 telling me that now they don't have a prescription for a crutch! I asked to talk to a supervisor seeing as how this is messed up. She told me that it takes 7-10 business days to review the orders. I don't understand how so many days can go by and all of a sudden they realize there isn't part of the paperwork that they need to process the request. In the meantime I can't walk and I have been using crutches. There is a reason why I tried to get this taken care of the day I got a prescription for a knee scooter. This company is completely unprofessional and I am beyond disappointed that they are selling medical equipment to people that need help and this is how they do business. It is very poor and I would never EVER order anything from them again. I'd rather just purchase on my own then have to deal with them. It's horrible business. Your BBB should look into your company and shut you down.

This company is terrible. It took them a whole year to get my insurance correct. Then the people that run the office think they are the doctor and wanna tell I what to do or won't give you the service the doctor ordered. Overall this is the worst oxygen company I ever used. Apria needs to get their act together before they either do things may happen a class act lawsuit or they will be shut down.

This is the second CPAP machine I've had with this company. They don't tell you that you need to change supplies frequently, including changing the filters every month and they don't give you any supplies when you get your machine. When you read the materials and see you need the supplies, there are forms to order them. You fill out the forms and send (I faxed them the first time) - no response, no supplies. Then you send the form by mail - no response, no supplies.

Then you call them and get the runaround. You are talking to people in the Philippines who have poor English and are hard to understand. They work from a script and tell you the same thing over and over again. They admit it is bad for your health to be using the machine with old dirty filters but then they say they can't send you the supplies for 6 months. They refuse to tell you their last names, will not put you through to a supervisor, will not give you an address to which you can address a complaint, will not tell you the name of the head of Customer Service or the President of the company. They thwart any effort to register a complaint about them. The idea that health insurers require you to use a company like this is ridiculous. Just read online the reviews! Everyone should complain to their health insurance companies until it starts to impact their business.

Unfortunately when going through Medicare you don't have the option of choosing a company with qualified customer service. Still waiting for a bedside commode that was suppose to be included in my order 3 days ago. So we literally don't have a pot to piss in! I called the AEROFLO, the contractor at 8 a.m. this morning and they said Apria, the sub-contractor, promised it would be delivered today!

I called, after waiting all day, and reached a call center located in the Philippines who proceeded to tell me that they didn't have the doctor's signature required for the order. How do you get 2 of 3 products delivered late and then get told you don't have authorization from the doctor? To say I was p****** is an understatement. So now I find this site and see this is par for the course. I don't expect this review to solve any issues but at least I was able to express my extreme dismay, disbelief and frustration. If you have a choice of providers... look elsewhere!!!

I have never in my life dealt with worse customer service! I have had multiple dealings with Apria Healthcare over the course of almost four months. Every single time there has been an issue with communication and delivery or pickup of equipment. When I say an issue each time, I mean that one pickup has been the result of multiple phone calls on my part, often waiting from 20-50 minutes for them to pick up my incoming call, being told erroneous information by the operator at the call center, then speaking to a supervisor, being made assurances that equipment was scheduled to be picked up, even being told on three different calls that the technician/driver was en route, being promised personal call backs by supervisors which never came, staying up until after midnight waiting with no pickup or return phone calls, wrong equipment being delivered, correct equipment being delivered to wrong addresses, attempts to pick up equipment at wrong addresses.

The list is endless. I literally have spent several hours in the last 24 hours trying to have a wheelchair picked up. In one hour I will be leaving my home for appointments and will be placing the wheelchair behind a wood gate next to the garbage cans for them to pick up. I have made it very clear that when I leave my home I will no longer be responsible for their equipment. I have also prepared statements for my insurance company on how incompetent Apria's service has been. Good luck to anyone one who uses their service. At least my use of their service was not life threatening. If it had been, I'd be dead now.

The ER doctor prescribed ** and a nebulizer for my father who couldn't breathe. He is a terminal cancer patient. After many hours of hold times with his prescriptive and medical insurance, I was informed Apria is the medical equipment facility to use for 80% coverage. I personally dropped off the prescription to the Crestwood, Illinois location. The nice lady made a copy of the prescription and my father's insurance card and took my name and phone number and said this will take 7-10 days. I responded that this was unacceptable. I was given a card to call customer service to have this expedited. I called and discussed the situation with Karen. She could not locate the order and contacted the Crestwood location.

I received a callback a few hours later confirming my delivery address. I then received a call a few hours later stating that the order is ready but that they couldn't locate the prescription and the Crestwood location isn't responding. I sent a picture of the RX to Brandy ** via email. She received the email, took my payment over the phone and said the delivery would be tonight but that I would have to call back in one hour to check the ETA. I called back like she requested and was on hold for 50 minutes. At which point I was connected with a customer representative who wasn't sure why it wasn't delivered but it looks like the driver is delivering to other patients first and it would probably be tomorrow. I of course was upset since my father can't breathe, and was asked my number and the driver would personally contact me. This never happened.

I called at 7am the next day to check the status. Our phone numbers were still not recognized by the automated system to check the ETA. Spoke to a rep who said he was not sure when it would be delivered through FedEx but gave me an order number. I called FedEx and an order number isn't sufficient, a tracking number is required to track the delivery. I called Apria again to obtain the tracking number and the rep didn't have it and the Crestwood office wasn't answering possibly because they were closed. I was requested to call the Crestwood location after they opened at 8am.

Called at 8:05 but Crestwood does not answer direct calls, so I had to go through custom service again to be told there is no tracking number that it being delivered by a courier service through FedEx not actually FedEx. I was told the delivery will be at noon. Nebulizer came at 9:30am. I'll never use their services again. I wish people would understand that this is a hard time and the time should be dedicated to taking care of the patient and not fighting or being stuck on hold with customer service reps. This is not acceptable!

I just had to call them to try to get a CPAP machine. I spoke to a gentleman who doesn't speak English very well. We got through the call somehow and he was going to transfer me to the "qualifications" department. The phone hung up. I called again, waited, then spoke to another gentleman who doesn't speak English very well. I told him the last guy was trying to transfer me to the qualifications department and the line hung up. He said they don't transfer to that department, they send paperwork to that department (I think that's what he said). I informed him that at least one of their agents doesn't know that information. Overall a very challenging experience.

I've been with this pathetic company for over ten years! Please do not use them esp. in Colorado! I've been denied oxygen, been called a liar from manager ** Apria in Louisville, CO. I have to call weekly and BEG for my oxygen and it's getting very very hard to get any answer let alone my oxygen that I depend on to live and I PAY for! This place is a joke and I'm going to do all I can to expose them for the crooked pathetic company they are! God help you if you ever have to depend on them to get oxygen to you! Be prepared for a fight just to get Your own OXYGEN!

Then you talk to people that do NOT care if you have it or not, you also speak to about five to six people that don't have a clue! Then you get a Smart Butt So called Manager out of Apria that has the nerve to tell you! Exactly how much oxygen you need! He don't even know me!!! He should be fired! I won't stop until they are stopped! Run from this so called company and of all things they're in charge of my life!

Apria has not even billed me yet, however, I was awakened this morning by a telephone call from them threatening me with collections for a measly $40 bill it said was past due. When I called them to find out what was going on, the customer service agent was rude and abuse and kept talking over me. I tried to call another phone number I looked up for their corporate offices and discovered it lead to the same recordings that all lead to their lousy Customer Service agents. Add this to my already disappointing experience with their incompetent CPAP machine technicians and I can only rate them the lowest rating on the scale. I can never reach anyone by phone and they return phone calls at their own pace which is slow and definitely not the same day and not often the next day, either. For a patient having a medical crisis, this is absolutely unacceptable. I cannot recommend doing business with them, at all.

Received a call (first one) today from their customer service people. Couldn't speak English and slaughtered my name making me a very derogative person. Totally insulted! Then spoke with a rep named Elgin who asked me at least six times how to spell my last name. Four simple letters. And they couldn't get it. Each time I repeated myself, I spoke clearer and louder. After all they were overseas. Mr I'm too good to talk to me said he didn't like it. Said he'd hang up on me. Denoted giggling on his part. Saved him the problem of hanging up on me. I hung up on him and informed my insurance company to find another company that has the ability to speak English!!!

I have been working with Apria for years for my CPAP needs. I use the term "working with" very loosely. I am at my wits end. My machine is in need of repair and they won't do anything to help me. They said someone would call be back to figure out what is wrong with the machine 5 days ago and NOTHING. I called today three times (the weekend has passed) and I have been put on hold for 20 minutes each time being assured that I would be connected to the right person... VOICEMAIL all three times.

This isn't just a flashlight or a cellphone that is broken. It is a piece of medical equipment that I need fixed to be able to sleep. It is affecting my health and my state of mind. These people are dangerously negligent. They keep saying "Thank you for being the best part of Apria Healthcare" when I call them... That is a lie... They don't care about me or my medical issues. But damn, if my payment is a day late you can get someone on the phone REAL quick. I am at my wits end.

Apria Healthcare changed their policy on hardship cases so people like me on Social Security Disability Income cannot afford oxygen to breathe because my co-pay isn't at least $100. They will not help unless my co-pay is at least $100. I simply can't afford the monthly rental of oxygen on my limited income. I can't afford to breathe and they just don't seem to care whether I live or die. Whatever desk jockey that came up with this horrid policy is a wretched old scrooge. Feeling very frustrated!

This is by far the worst customer care service I have ever received! Such a hassle dealing with these rude people! I'm changing care providers asap! Giving them one star is too much! APRIA IS THE WORST COMPANY EVER! STAY AWAY!

Our order for medical equipment was defective. I contacted them Sunday night and they assured me they would replace the pump on Monday. On Tuesday I contacted them again and they assured me the delivery was on its way. On Thursday, the Doctor's office contacted them and Apria told the Dr that I needed to contact Apria Friday morning to schedule the delivery. I have called Apria four times today (Friday). Three of those times, the representative said my equipment was on its way. The fourth person told me it would arrive tomorrow.

I can quickly describe how bad this company is. It is so bad that I am willing to pay 100% of CPAP supplies out of pocket rather than save the 80% with them. Their customer service people seem to have graduated from Marquis de Sade U. They call my account past due, when I paid for my supplies when they arrived. They said that although the check I gave them posted to my account 10 days earlier, it had never posted to their account. Now that is a real brain twister.

I contacted customer service 4 times this morning regarding an order for oxygen that my mother's Dr had order the prior day. The purpose of my call was to status the order that was supposed to be delivered yesterday. First I was told someone would call me back to assure the need. I didn't understand why this would be needed since the Dr had placed the order. When I spoke with her Dr he didn't understand and told me to call Apria back. I asked to speak with a supervisor and was disconnected during the transfer 3 times. When I finally was able to speak with a supervisor they told me they needed more information from the Dr and were calling him to get the information.

It is disturbing to me that it took me so many calls to understand the issue and why the original customer service person didn't have the reason for the delay at hand. For a company that says they care about the patient, they surely didn't show they could handle a simple oxygen order to prevent an emergency requiring a patient to go to an Emergency Room.

I have to say Apria is the company I had to deal with for my CPAP machine and supplies because they accepted my insurance. With that being said they are the WORST company I have EVER dealt with!! I ordered supplies and they told me it would be 3-5 days for delivery. I waited weeks and got no calls, no emails, no delivery. I called to check on status of my order and they tell me that my supplies are a special order item that will take 4-6 weeks from when they placed the order which was last week. First off my machine and its replacement parts are the Dream machine. One of the Most common ones out there. Probably hundreds of thousands of people using it. It does not say on the website that it is special order, and when I placed the order nobody said it was a special order supplies. So I got so frustrated I just hung up. Then I thought about it and said NO WAY! I am going to call back and speak to a supervisor or manager if I need to.

So I call back, and they tell me the same thing that it shows a special order and will take 4-6 weeks. Just as I was ready to ask for a supervisor the girl tells me "Wait a minute let me check something with your order." Then she comes back and says "Oh no your supplies in your order are readily available and I can have them shipped in 3-5 days." I said ok. I told her that Apria is the Worst company I have ever deal with and she acted like she did not even care! I will wait 3-5 days and see if my supplies come or not. I am NOT real confident that they will. Trust me if you do not have to use this company for your supplies DON'T!!! They are HORRIBLE!! I have a appointment with my doctor in a couple months and then I am transferring my supplies to another company! Sad! Very frustrating and VERY BAD customer service!!!

My husband requires an Oxygen Concentrator to sleep. We rent one from Apria. When it broke, we called them and they said they would be out later that day. They never showed up and we waited 4 days for them to come and replace it. Now they are charging us for it because they've coded the payment request incorrectly so our insurance can't process it and all attempts for them to fix it have failed. We haven't been able to get in touch with anyone on this side of the Atlantic. We need another type of O2 device for daytime and when our Dr. said that the only rental option was Apria, we bought one instead just so we wouldn't have to deal with them. This company is awful and should not be allowed to operate in the US.

When I of my first CPAP the technician brought out a mans headgear. I am a very small woman. Since the headgear package was opened it had to be thrown away. A few weeks later I wanted a nasal mask as I didn't like the pillows. After being transferred several time I talked to a gal who I could barely hear or understand. I won't know until the nasal mask arrives whether it is the one I asked for. I would not recommend this company to do business with.

I used Apria since 1995. Have always had problems scheduling to see a therapist. After I made an appointment by phone for the Hanover Park, IL location. When I checked in nobody had my appointment on record. They made me wait too long to see a therapist. I am still waiting. Very poor people skills and lousy customer service.

Apria Healthcare provided the equipment for my sleep apnea. Sleep apnea is not easy to treat and requires adjustments as you go along. I can only say the Apria Healthcare has the worst customer service that I have ever dealt with. They promise and don't deliver what they promised. They bill incorrectly and hold you accountable. They outsource and have staff with such thick accents that they try to mask with a filter that makes them sound like they are speaking underwater.

They are rude and hang up on you (twice). I finally had to give up and just send the equipment back because I do not want to deal with this company. They are in serious need of help in the customer service department. I don't know what I'm going to do at this point because the equipment, even though faulty, was helping me. I think the overseas people they hire must be paid very little, must have minimal training, don't know how to deal with problems of any complexity, and simply don't want to be bothered.

They are incompetent to the point of criminal. Every few months they put a charge on my medical flex card that doesn't belong. This results in my card being FROZEN until the issue is resolved. It will take no less than 4 phone calls to speak to a human. They claim they cannot fax or email itemized invoices. They can only use snail mail. They will mail the incorrect invoices (or someone else's invoices) at least once. This will result in needing to make at least 4 more phone calls. Avoid this company.

I have been with Apria since 2006 for my oxygen and they did have their act together back then. But now they are just useless! I called them back in August 2016 to inform them of my new insurance and I was connected to a woman in the Philippines who I am sorry to say but I don't think she could even spell her own name. She asked me at least five times for my account number and I kept telling her that I didn't have it. In all the years I have been with them I have never needed it so I gave her my name and my phone number figuring that one of those would get her to my account. Have you ever called any company that could not find your account with your name? Give me a break. And by the time she was done, it was at least an hour later.

So here we are in a new year and my insurance has not paid one claim yet! I called back another day and the girl told me what insurance she had and of course she says, "that's not what we have in the computer." HELLO, is anybody there? So I ask for a supervisor and I'm told she is on the phone so I said I'll wait. After quite some time she comes to the phone and I asked her if anybody in the billing dept knew how to bill a claim? "Oh yes, is there a problem?" Is there ever! Anyhow, to spare you all from this, they didn't have the right documents to bill anything. So now the problem has grown into a mountain.

So, I call them a few times a week and now I call both the hospital and the insurance company too. Even with me pushing them to get it done now all of a sudden the documents were done incorrectly. So it looks like my life on the phone will be an ongoing process until I see at least one claim get paid. It's only been six months now and if they dare to tell me that I will be responsible for the unpaid claims there will definitely be hell to pay! I have had more than enough "fun" now. I just wish someone, anyone knew how to do their job. Good luck to all that are dealing with this company whatever the problem may be!

Apria Healthcare Company Profile