Apria Healthcare

Jackson, TN

Compare Health Products

Research top Health Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I am getting calls at least twice a day that I have ignored for quite a while. If you don't answer, the caller hangs up then immediately calls back. It is bordering on harassment. The calls are in regard to ordering CPAP supplies which I neither need nor want. When I am ready, I will order the supplies but it certainly won't be from Apria. There is absolutely no way to contact this company and rarely do you speak to a person unless you are ordering something. There isn't even an address on the so called website and no way to even send an email with your complaints.

If you ever wonder why medical and insurance costs are so high, here is one reason. You should not need CPAP supplies within 3 months of getting new ones. I finally reached Jane who told me she had our phone numbers permanently removed so we would not receive any further calls. It remains to be seen if this will actually happen. I happen to work in the medical field and I find this a disgrace.

This company mislead my elderly mother and gave her an oxygen tank that she thought would be covered by her insurance. There was no follow up, and my mother kept the tank for months after she stopped using it. They are now charging for her oxygen that was neither used or needed. Feeling very ripped off.

Poor understanding of what my issues were with my CPAP. For a whole year very fatigued, CPAP noise would keep me up and the home office at Plainview N.Y. never got to the root of the problem. After a long while I started to feel worse and no real help and did know another Company was in existence that took Medicare. I switched CPAP doctors also and my new doctor told me of a new Company and now I am finally on my way. I felt for a long time that Apria needed to change my CPAP unit, but they kept changing my masks, wrong answer. They don't know what they are doing. I hope this can be of hope to others.

This is the worst of the worst -if I could I would give negative stars. They have reps in foreign countries to speak to you. They cannot understand us and vice versa. They do not call ahead to make sure someone is home. Just show up though you ask for them to call and make sure someone is home. Whatever you do don't give them your business. Find someone else for that is what we are doing as soon as the contract is up!!!

If there is any way to avoid using this company, do it. Unfortunately, our hospital and insurance left us with only this choice for a wheelchair after my daughter had surgery. She had to spend an extra day in the hospital after she was given the okay to go home while we waited for them to bring the wheelchair because she was not allowed to leave without it. They finally arrived with a chair but unfortunately, it was a child's chair. She is 25. That may not have been such a problem but her legs were broken in 6 places and had rods installed from hip to ankle. Being crunched into a short chair was not an option. They told us we could not get a proper one that day but to go home with the small one and call tomorrow and they would change it out for the right size.

After being on hold for I don't know how long we finally got someone and explained our problem. They said they would send someone with a new chair right away. They did, but IT WAS EXACTLY THE SAME SIZE CHAIR! We tried to call again to correct the situation but after numerous phone trees, lengthy holds and people who did not know what or how they could help us, we gave up and borrowed a chair from a friend who fortunately had the right size. My husband called to ask what the payment situation was.

We didn't know if we had purchased the chair or were renting it and when we finally could get a live person on the phone, they couldn't tell us anything. Just trying to reach someone who could answer questions was such an ordeal that sad to say, we gave up. We ended up having the stupid unused chair for 5 months for a total of $2,100 paid by our insurance and a 20% copay from us. What a joke. This company is everything that's wrong with the healthcare system.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

Awaiting refund since May 25, 2017. I returned a Drive Wheelchair on May 25 to the Sarasota location. I have yet to receive my credit of 265.00. Numerous calls have been made... they keep connecting you to different people. I am about to take legal action if I have not received my credit/refund by August 10th. I would not recommend this company. When you actually get someone to speak with... they do not speak English...

Very long wait before being able to speak with a representative. I suggest giving the caller an estimate of wait time. Very poor phone connection quality. The problem is really on their end. My phone works fine. I suggest looking into their phone system. I got disconnected when the representative put me on hold. Problems trying to register online and no help.

I am praying that my company will terminate the contract with Blue Cross & Blue Shield. Worst service I ever received in my life. The moment I needed the insurance most, they made me out of the bag! No one cares about you... Insurance has a contract with Care Centrix and Atria. (Atria has 813 patient complaints online, because they continue with the company?) People needing Oxygen who do not deliver, people who had to stay in the hospital unnecessarily Because they did not give the medical equipment for the person to go home, horrible!!! For the love of God, someone can do something! I had surgery and I'm lying in bed without moving because they promised to deliver the material and when you call every hour and an answer... I need help...

I would try and give these people 0 stars but giving a rating is required... Let me tell you, my wife's work changed carriers on July 1st and they use Apria for delivery of meds. Well it's been day 24 of calling everyday, sometimes 2-3 times a day and the customer services people have been WORTHLESS. They hang up, get "disconnected", and regularly screw up orders. My 1 yr old son needs a special formula that can only be delivered thru this carrier and they have made our life a living nightmare. It has been 24 days since we switched carriers and we still don't have our formula at our doorstep... Great thing a 12 month old doesn't need bottles every 4 hours... This place sucks and they should be shut down for all the grief they give their customers. Horrible place to deal with and I pity the person that has to try in getting anything from this sad excuse of a company... Shame on you Apria.

I have had a required CPAP machine for about 8 years. Last year I needed to get a new one. My doctors office set it up with Apria. It has been the most horrific experience! BCBS paid on it. Should have been covered at 100% still they insisted on a 10 month lease. Changed insurance in January, and now they are saying because we went to self-pay the contract starts over!? Even though our ded. was met and we had paid over the amount of out of pocket. This company will not give me a receipt or contract copies. Hours have been wasted on the phone with them. Still not happy!!!

I ordered supplies and my shipment contained items that I did not order. When I called AHC I was on hold for approximately 20 minutes before my call was answered and was immediately transferred to another department and put hold for another 5 minutes. I wanted to return the items that I didn't order and the customer service person told me to keep them since my health insurance company is paying 80% of the cost, another reason why health care cost are skyrocketing. This is not the first time I've had supply issues and customer service concerns with AHC. I plan to change my supplier to another company when this is resolved.

I only give them 1 star because 0 stars was not an option. Apria invoicing to your insurance company is a disaster. They do not know what they are doing. No pre certification, no compliance reports. Every single claim I have had since May of 2015 has been denied. I have spent hours on the phone trying to get my durable medical equipment paid for. Today I put a stop to the insanity and fired them. NEVER give them a credit card number. When they do not get paid by the insurance company they charge your account. I fought to get my claims paid only to find out Apria was pocketing the money.

My daughter receives her feeding pump and feeding tube supplies through Apria. Due to complications on Apria's part, my daughter did not have any food (formula for the pump) for 2 weeks. They sent her the incorrect extensions (a medical supply required for her to eat) on 2 different occasions. Now, my daughter's feeding pump is broken and they advised me to wait and call a different number tomorrow, essentially asking her not to eat today and wait until I can talk to someone tomorrow. On 3 different occasions they have asked my disabled, malnourished, underweight daughter to not eat. I think this is cruel, unfair, and denying a very basic need. The company seems to have no regard for the fact that people that rely on a feeding pump have no other way to eat. I have voiced my concerns to supervisors of the company with no result. Please DO NOT choose Apria for yourself or loved ones.

When discharged from the hospital the Apria Rep told me and my husband once we are home and have called Apria we would receive our Oxygen within 6 hours. I did not receive my oxygen until 24 hours later. I was very sick. My O2 sats were in the low 80's. Now that I am done with the oxygen I can't get the equipment picked up. I have scheduled two pick ups and told them both times that they must come after 4:30 PM because we both work. Each time the pick up service came in the afternoon. Called my husband wanting to know why we were not at home so they could pick up the equipment. I finally called Apria and told them needed to come and pick up the equipment because I was putting it outside on our porch. It is on them if it gets stolen. The rep they assured me it would be picked up by 9:30 that night. I told her we will not be home and they can expect it to be on the porch.

My first encounter was pleasant, at an office, face to face. However, since then I have had nothing but problems with Apria Healthcare. My doctor prescribed an overnight wrist monitor to get an oxygen reading and I was told that all I had to do was box it up the next morning and FedEx would pick it up. After calling Apria every day when FedEx never showed, it was a painful experience with their customer service department. It took an entire week to get the wrist monitor picked up. I stayed on hold, each day, for 20 minutes or more just to speak to someone who did not know how to help. Just received the bill which states it is detailed but no information about how much the insurance paid (have not yet received the EOB for this info). I have been on hold for the billing department now more than 26 minutes. I would not recommend Apria Healthcare to anyone. Very poor customer service.

I needed a printout of my C-Pap usage. I had the address of the local office, but I called to verify the address. The man who answered had a heavy accent. He never asked who I was or even what I wanted. I told him what I needed. It was like pulling teeth to even get him to answer. There was plenty of background noise that made matters worse. I provided the address I had and he answered in the affirmative. I drove to the location only to find out there was no Apria at the address. I called Apria from my cell phone and went through all the prompts once again. The man that answered asked for my data, date of birth, name, address, etc. He verified there was no Apria Healthcare at the address I went to. He provided an address in Beltsville, MD. There was also heavy background noise on this call. I had been to that location once before. He scheduled and appointment for the next day.

On June 28, 2017, I went to the Beltsville office and was unable to find it. Once again, I called Apria. I went through the prompts once again. On this call the automated voice asked for my date of birth which I entered. The lady that answered spoke clearly and there was no background noise on this call. She informed me that the office was located in Linthicum, MD, some 20 miles away. She offered her apologies several times. She could not find a local contact telephone number for the office. She advised me to go to the Linthicum office even though it would be way past the appointment time. I have decided never to deal with Apria Healthcare again if at all possible. If my doctor wants a printout I will give his office the C-Pap chip and wish them good luck dealing with Apria. In the past, I never encountered a problem with Apria. It seems they have slid down the toilet since then.

I requested from my doctor to use this company for my Durable Medical Supplies. I was contacted from an individual in the Philippines who did not understand English well and told me one of the items was discontinued. After further investigation I found out this was false. Also, when I received my order, they sent me the wrong equipment. The only positive in this total waste of time, is that the company is now understanding why I am going with another company and are hopefully being able to issue an RMA and not have the items charged to my insurance. Only more time will tell...

If there was a way to rate Apria at less than a 1 star, I would. Been waiting 4 days for oxygen. Consistently, no call backs, despite promises. Lots of talk with no results. Dr.'s office has called multiple times as well.

Worst company on the planet. Right hand has no idea what other hand is doing. 2 months to get a wheelchair, send wrong type. Weeks later I am told we are not eligible for the correct one. Sometimes they cannot find the prescription, work order, different phone numbers and fax numbers. NO ONE LOCALLY TO SPEAK WITH. WORST WORST WORST!!! USE ANY OTHER COMPANY IF POSSIBLE.

Apria Healthcare charged two different credit cards for the same bill. When I called in to find out why, I was told that the first payment, made on May 28, hadn't yet completed in their system, despite my confirmation number to the contrary, and so they billed the second card on June 15. When I stated my frustration with this, the rep actually laughed at me and told me the balance was zero. The problem with DME providers dictated by insurance carriers is that they can basically treat you unprofessionally and fraudulently and you have no recourse if you actually want your medical supplies. I'm following this review up with calls to my credit card companies, insurance company, the FTC, the BBB.

Apria sent my mother a letter stating that they needed to come out to check her existing equipment. My mom called and scheduled this. They never showed up. She called back and scheduled a 2nd time. They never showed up. She called again and scheduled a 3rd time. Before the day of the 3rd appointment, I had to take her to the ER twice and then to her pulmonary doctor who ordered a High Flow Concentrator as my mother needed more than the 5 liters that her current machine provides. So, we called Apria the next day, which incidentally was the day for the 3rd appointment. I verified the appointment for that day, still no show. I verified they received the doctor's orders, they had.

So, that was all as of Wednesday. Here it is Friday, I just got off the phone with a manager who said the order hadn't been processed yet, but he would do whatever needed to be done and that someone would deliver it today. I told him I had no confidence whatsoever that it would happen. He assured me and is supposed to monitor it and give me a call back by 4:30 with an update. He, however, would not give me his last name so that I could ask for him again. I have to wonder, was there something wrong with the equipment my mom has and did that cause her latest ER visits? Will we ever see anyone with the company with the new NEEDED equipment? How many more phone calls will it take? If you have a choice, do not use Apria!

I have had problems with this company for years. In early May my insurance company, United Health Care, contacted them about my need for supplies for my CPAP machine. I was also brought on the line. After waiting several weeks for the supplies I called Apria to find out where the equipment was. (They had told me it would take ten to twelve days to fill my order). I was shocked to be told they didn't have my current insurance information on file even though my current insurance company had called them about my need for supplies!

I was then told I also needed to have a new evaluation by my Dr. describing the fact that the CPAP was still effective treatment! When I asked why they hadn't told me this when I first placed the order a month earlier I was met with silence. I then met with my Dr. who faxed the required information to them during my visit with him on June 8, 2017.

However when I called today, June 16, and got their service center in the Philippines I got nothing but the run around with no information about my order, the Dr's fax, availability of a supervisor etc. In the past I have bought things out of my own pocket rather than try to deal with Apria and I was terribly disappointed when I learned they had won the Medicare supplier contract for CPAP supplies again. This company is a disaster and avoid them if possible!!

My CPAP machine went dead last evening. I called Apria this morning. The tech called me back about an hour and a half later. I asked that she come to my home because of a broken ankle and leg. I told her I had just gotten my cast off and I was not driving yet. She told me it would be a couple of weeks and that I needed to bring the machine to her. I asked again to please come to me. She refused. So I asked for directions and then to confirm directions she very rudely said let me finish my statement. At that point I said thank you and hung up. I called twice and she never called me back. I have no machine and no way to sleep through the night. What about an emergency do they not understand?

We are an EP Heart Clinic, that helps a lot of patients get CPAP's if they are diagnosed with OSA. We have sent many referrals over to Apria who usually take weeks to get back to any of my patients. It is never a good experience talking with the customer service. Over 6 weeks ago, I sent a referral over with the same paperwork and information I have sent 100's of times, and have received 2 faxes back stating that they needed new information and just one complication after another. I have faxed over the last request 4 times, with each fax cover sheet requesting a call to the patient as well to me to let me know it went through. I got my fax records stating it went through all 4 times.

I called today and decided to speak with a manager to see if they could do anything for me, make sure this patient got called today. She said it had to go through their fax team, and then it would take an additional 7-10 business days to contact the patient!!! I asked her if there was a way to get it done as soon as it came in. NO was her response. I asked if I could email it to her, which she replied they don't have emails. I called her out on that ** answer and she said that is not how it is done. I would have to drive to the closest center and drop it off. My patient is still going to have to wait for them to do anything. They are ridiculous. Do not send your patients to them.

Apria called today from an "Unknown Number". I have been rejecting all those calls lately but took this one... Couldn't believe APRIA would NOT IDENTIFY THEMSELVES except to say they're an UNKNOWN NUMBER! The call was just a pesky "update your info" call. Sooo... I called Apria from that "Unknown Number" and it took about 15 minutes to get help. As I was waiting, all I heard were LOUD Advertisements over and over and over again... "While you're waiting"... Then MORE loud ads over and over and over again.

I just wanted to watch the TV News while I was waiting but NO. I had to hear LOUD ADVERTISEMENT after LOUD ADVERTISEMENT after LOUD ADVERTISEMENT. Needless to say I was furious by the time they FINALLY answered the phone. I'll be checking out other Ox 2 services in my city... It's a big one so I'm hoping to find something better than Apria. I also want to recommend to Apria that they just SHUT-UP with all the ads on the phone and let us customers have a little peace and quiet!!!

I tried to give this company a chance even though everything I read was bad. Let me tell you, PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. I figured I have insurance... I will not have that much of a problem. Well let me tell you, I have that much of a problem. I gave them my credit card information and now they charge my credit card, one month 3 times, most of the time it was just 2 times a month, but in May of this year they had to get just a little bit more.

When I first call them about the charges they said the charges was for supplies that I had got. Well I have had my machine for 4 months and my doctor had to call and order the supplies I needed from them. I asked them what supplies they were charging for and they said it was supplies they sent to me... LIE. Then they said it was parts I picked up when I picked up the c-pap machine... just got the head gear and the machine, why not charge all at one time, they could not answer that.

Then I call my insurance company. The insurance company said it is for rental equipment. I asked them if they rented this machine to me after renting it to someone else. They could not tell me that. My insurance company has sent them several letters telling them this is a replacement c-pap machine for me to bill them as I bought the unit, not renting it. But you know what, Apria Healthcare Can Not do that. Do you care Apria what people are saying about your company? Do you care how people feel about your company? My account is still not settled and I have talked to several people, and going to be on the phone with yet another one of you. My advice for anyone who reads this if you can do business with another company, do it with someone else. This one has no heart and don't care how they treat people.

Since switching to Cigna insurance and being forced to use CareCentrix, I was partnered with Apria for my CPAP supplies. And it has been nothing but a complete mess since the beginning. First off, it would be great if their customer service people weren't outsourced overseas and were actually trained. None of them knew how to answer any questions I had and they were frequently hard to understand. They messed up my orders several times, failed to auto-replenish my supplies even though I was on an auto-replenishment program. Then when I tried to get a travel CPAP, they wasted 2 weeks before telling me they would not be able to get it for me at all. No one returns your phone calls either. If I could give them a 0-star review, I would. Use ANYONE but these people for your supplies.

Husband has Kaiser and needs CPAP supplies. For the past 4 times he's needed replacement masks they charge his credit card at the time he ordered the mask. They then bill him again for the same item but don't send the bill! That way, we don't know they've double billed us or sent us to collections for this double billing! When he tries ordering new supplies they claim he's got a past due balance and refuse to let him order anything until he pays this fake past due bill! Total scam! Wondering if other people are being double-billed?

Kaiser ordered for me 2 portable oxygen on Thursday 5/25/17 for deliver to our home address. Saturday, we received a phone call that the estimated time of deliver will be 8 am to 2 pm. Around 1 pm we verified through your website the estimated time, it showed that the delivery will be 2 pm to 6 pm, then before six the new arrival suppose to be 6 to 9:30 pm. We waited all day and when we called for estimated time, we were told that my name was dropped from the list of deliveries. We called and the automated reply was they have no pending delivery reported. As you can feel frustrations and disappointment occupied our physical being. Lastly, an operator assured me that the oxygen will be delivered between 10 am to 3 pm Sunday May 28, 2017. However, upon verification the website showed that the delivery has been changed between 12:45 to 4:45 pm.

By 12 noon the driver called us that he cannot deliver because it was incomplete, so, my wife requested that they deliver the complete order on Tuesday, May 30, 2017. The whole thing was a messed, because we did spent several calls, long wait for an operator to answer, we mostly heard recordings. To make it short, why they made us wait one and half day before a person called us to explain why delivery cannot be made. I have been your customer since 10/12/2009 with A/C Number ** and this is first time I experienced undeniable poor service. Your weekend service especially with holidays like this weekend need to be reviewed and updated with a simpler system, less hassle, and more communication with the patients. The automated and telephone delivery updates need to be reconciled to be make it more believable. They should either email or call the patients way ahead of the changes.

The branch should adjust their scheduling to have proper coverage to answer inquiries. The call center operators has no access to call the drivers except online. The drivers should be provided with a cell phone to call customers of impending delivery delays. It only takes a minute or so, to make things right and provide excellent customer service, just like the saying goes, DO THE UNEXPECTED, SURPRISE THE CUSTOMERS OF THE UNEXPECTED SERVICE. I am sick of pneumonia and needed the portable oxygen for the weekend holiday celebration, your company made me waited longer hours on the telephone and computer to no avail... My final answer, your company failed in customer service.

Let me first say Apria isn't my first foray into the Health Care Supplier business. I have had three other suppliers of my oxygen products and have never had a problem with delivery, billing or insurance with the exception of the fourth, Apria. I don't have enough time remaining in my life to cover all the ridiculous problems Apria has given me over what, to the layperson, is a simple mistake with a simple fix. I have two insurance policies both covering my oxygen supplies & service. My primary coverage is with AETNA through my wife's employer. My secondary policy is United through AARP's Medicare Complete endorsement. The original problem began when Apria neglected to bill my secondary policy. I started receiving bills &, upon contacting Apria, was told to ignore them as the insurance had not paid yet. Then I noticed I had accumulated several collection accounts on my credit report.

We were in the process of buying a new home and I immediately called Apria. I was then told they didn't even have insurance information for my secondary policy and they would immediately rebill my secondary, AARP United Insurance. The collection accounts continued, each being a new amount, new collection account number with the same collection agency. No matter how small the amount, some under five dollars, a new collection account was generated. I now have over 30 collection accounts with the same agency, all from Apria. I spent five hours one day insisting I speak with someone higher up the chain, finally speaking with a very sweet, very helpful & knowledgeable agent with Apria's "Tier Two Problem Resolution" department. I had asked if she could send me a final summary of all their charges and my insurance payments so we could finalize the account.

(We had switched to another oxygen supplier shortly after the billing problems had begun.) What I received was a 23-page accounting of charges but without a payment from my secondary! My credit score has been ruined, I am paying a much higher mortgage payment than necessary and still have not received a full accounting of charges and subsequent insurance payments. My only advice is to choose someone, anyone, else for your medical supplies. Unless you have no other choice, steer clear of Apria and their nonexistent customer care.

Whatever brought you to this Consumer Affairs site, beginning with the "top" 700+ complaints, should be warning enough! I'm sure some of the related complaints may be petty, however, the majority have affected lives both medically and financially. At this point, I'm not sure I will ever get this account resolved. To do so would require care and concern from Apria and to date, this is something I have yet to experience.

Apria Healthcare Company Profile