Jackson, TN

2.8/5 (45 ratings)

About Apria Healthcare

Apria Healthcare Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

Original review: June 25, 2021

Aaron went above and beyond to provide exceptional customer experience and to ensure that I got everything that I needed as a patient. I truly appreciated everything that he did to make sure I got the equipment that was needed for my condition. He should be recognized for his commitment to customer satisfaction and care.

Original review: April 27, 2021

A wonderful experience, albeit a little frustrating dealing with out of state hospitals. The local sales and technical stall were outstanding. Helpful and courteous and willing to go the extra distance for me. I appreciate their help and support and look forward to working with them in the future. A special shout out to Melissa ** of APRIA health care for her patience, persistence and professionalism. Without her assistance I would have given up on placing this order.

Get buying tips about Portable Oxygen Concentrators delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 16, 2021

Very reassuring that I can always count on Apria representatives professionalism and care when ordering and reviewing my equipment. At 71 I will Very satisfied with the attention to detail and professionalism relating to my equipment and healthcare needs with Apria. Looking forward to a long and positive relationship in the months and years ahead.

Original review: April 15, 2021

CSR Tawanna (Oklahoma) was very caring and helpful. She went above and beyond to take care of my needs. She met me where I needed her to be and explained everything to me. She made sure all my needs were met before the call was ended.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2021

This company is excellent in customer service. They understand that people with medical needs need a company they can depend on. The people in this office show true empathy and understanding to the patient and their circumstances. I would recommend this company to anyone who needs oxygen supply and equipment.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2021

My father had COPD and had leased oxygen equipment and tanks from Apria Healthcare. He passed in April of this year at 79, and my mother paid two final bills. The last because they claimed they were never paid. In October Apria Healthcare sent her a check in my father's name in the amount of $26.40, knowing he was deceased, because she had in fact overpaid. She called them to have them send a check in her name because she was unable to do anything with a check in his. They said the needed a copy of the death certificate emailed to PPMC@APRIA.COM, and said to reference the check #, state her relationship to the deceased and provide her mailing address. I did this for her because she is technologically illiterate.

After a couple weeks, when she never received the check, she called and got the run around. They claimed they never received the email. I had owned a small website development and hosting company for 18 years. I know that, when you send an email to an email address that does not exist, the mail server bounces the email back to you. This is how I know it was received. Whomever she talked to said that they didn't have to send her a check because the account was not in her name. She went to the local Apria Healthcare office and got the same treatment.

I filed a BBB complaint and their response was that she refused to send the copy of the death certificate, which is a lie. They received the email with the attached death certificate, they just want to keep $26.40 from the widow of a former customer. It's sick! IMO, people need to be think carefully about dealing with Apria Healthcare. They love to game play. While looking on the Internet for similar complaints, I found this from a law firm that details some of the biggest issues with Apria Healthcare, including billing: **. Consumer, Beware.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

When my mother's current oxygen provider refused to bring her oxygen for over a month and after many failed attempts Apria came through in a pinch and had me everything we needed in a couple of hours.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2021

Update - called them to come pick up their equipment. They can give me a day but not a time. This business does not care about people at all. Apparently I'm supposed to take a whole day off work so I can sit around and wait for them to come get their stuff. Seriously avoid this place at all cost. If the hospital wants to use them as was the case with us, ask for a different provider!

They were supposed to deliver an oxygen tank to the hospital for my grandmother. It was supposed to be there at or before 4 pm. She could not be discharged until it got there. I called at 4:30 pm. It's on its way. Oxygen did not arrive until 5:30. And they sent a shipment to my house which I told them could not be done until I got back from the hospital. So, I pulled up and the truck was blocking the drive. I had to leave my grandmother in the car while dealing with set up. Then I had to have her walk across the neighbor's yard and our drive so I could get her in house.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

Was told by the Healthcare rep what our insurance would pay, what our part would be, payment plan, etc. None of what we were told has been accurate. Now we are being billed hundreds if not thousands of dollars for a machine I could have bought online for 1/3 of the price. Apria has billed my credit card for hundreds of dollars of “non allowed” charges and has never sent me an invoice or even an email. When I called and asked “why” I was told that when you sign up for autopay, they don’t send invoices. Apria has free reign to bill my credit card for whatever they want and not even inform me. I’ve struggled with customer service just trying to get them to unenroll me in autopay. It’s been a nightmare. Do not use them! You’re better off ordering your equipment directly from the manufacturer.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2021

Wish I could give no stars!!! This is the worst organization I have worked on. After leaving the army they tried to automatically bill my card without notifying me that my insurance was no longer covering the service. Then when I got the bill I immediately called to cancel service. They told me they would be able to pick it up 6 days later, then still trying to charge me the whole month. How do you charge someone a whole month for “possession of equipment” that I didn’t have the whole month? Not even half the month? How do you charge me for possession of equipment without notifying me that I was now responsible for payment and not covered by insurance? DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY! They play with your money and do not take care of patient nor veteran.

Apria Healthcare Company Information