Apria Healthcare

Jackson, TN

Compare Health Products

Research top Health Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Have been using Apria for at least 12 years. They sent me a box of CPAP supplies like clockwork, even stuff I didn't use with my CPAP. I gave up trying to convince them to drop some of the supplies, but after numerous calls to my Orlando APRIA with no success, I started putting them in the closet. Cigna was paying for all of this. Then I get switched over to Medicare as my primary and CIGNA goes to secondary, and this is when a different problem begins. I have called the Orlando APRIA 3 times, spoken with 3 different reps who tell me that Medicare is handled differently, and thus someone will call me back. Never a callback. I am now sending off a letter to the corporate offices regarding my lack of help from Orlando and researching a new company to service my CPAP.

I purchased a CPAP machine through Apria in January 2016. As required by Medicare it was setup as a rental for the first 13 months. Needless to say trying to deal with Apria Corporate to even get the machine is an unbelievable story, but that story is not for now. Throughout 2016 Apria billed Medicare and of the Medicare approved amount that was not paid, my BCBS supplemental paid Apria. In January 2017, I received notice from BlueCross/BlueShield of a rejected billing from Apria. I immediately called Apria billing office and was informed that my account showed no open balance and that I would need to wait until they received notice from BCBS. I checked with Medicare and Medicare had approved the typical amount but applied it to my deductible. This deductible amount was billed to BCBS.

I called BCBS and they informed me that they had rejected the billing from Apria because Apria had failed to accurately complete the billing code. I then called Apria and talked with billing once more. This time as the previous time as well as the next time - waited over 45-55 minutes on telephone hold. The billing clerk provided me with her name and told me that yes they had received a rejection from BCBS. I asked about rebilling and was informed that they do not rebill regardless of the reason, even if they make the error. I then asked if I could get BCBS on the phone with Apria to resolve the issue. They said yes, but that I would be responsible for the error.

I then asked if there was a number BCBS could call that they would not have to wait an hour like I did on the phone. They gave me a number and assured me that the BCBS call would be put through. I called BCBS and was informed that my plan pays for all deductibles and copays and that Apria had not coded the billing form correctly. I asked if they would be willing to contact Apria and they asked me to hold while they called on another line. After 10 minutes, they got back on the line with me and informed me that they were on hold and transferred to an auto answering system. BCBS told me that they would pass the information I provided on to claims and noted that I requested a return call. As of this date 4/10/17 I have not received a return call from Apria.

I file a complaint with BBB stating Apria was deceptive in failing to disclose their policy of not rebilling even if they make a mistake in billing and the company's failure or willingness to provide me with a detailed billing statement that I could use to submit to BCBS if I paid Apria. They had instructed me to get the billing information from BCBS. Apria responded with denying that I even had an account or any balance. As soon as I received Apria's reply through BBB, I called Apria's billing office and was informed that I still had the balance on my account. I rejected Apria's response and citing billing account numbers, model number of machine, and eventually sent a copy of my statement from Apria. BBB forward my rejection of Apria's denial of an account along with additional information.

Apria finally replies with the fact I did not have an Account with Apria, that they had no reason to pursue collections, and apologized for taking up BBB's time. BBB informed me that since Apria had answered my complaint, it would show up in their records as Apria responded to the complaint, but that I would not accept it. My God where is the impartiality to the truth even through BBB when Apria denial is completely untruthful. I just got a bill from Apria for the amount that I don't owe and in the account that I don't have open.

So, now I have turned to my insurance agent to see if he can apply some pressure to BCBS to approve the claim. Rest assured I have copies of all receipts, email messages, phone call notes and names of people I have talked with - as described above. As quickly as this issue is resolved I will transfer all my health care durable equipment, etc needs to a local provider. This Company is no longer viable. Check it out with consumer agencies and reporting bodies nationally.

I have been a customer of Apria for BPAP machine since 2010. I (my insurance company, which I pay good money to have) have paid them in excess of $15K in rental for this machine. July 2016 I was billed for yet another few months of rental. I called them to ask how long we would have to continue rental before it was considered owned. The customer rep discussed with someone for a while and then came back on line to tell me that I had been paying for over 5 years, that I did not owe them for these charges, and I would not receive any more bills for this or future rental. There was no mention of any pending balance with insurance or any other aspect just that it was no longer owed. As she communicated, I did not receive another bill from them or any other communication, until... Fast forward one year, I get a bill for over $1000 for rental for April to July 2016, the balance that the customer rep one year earlier said that I no longer owed.

I have spent over an hour and a half on the phone with them trying to resolve this to no avail. When one customer rep could not resolved I would ask to be transferred to the next level of support. (Conveniently,) the phone was disconnected during transfer - twice. When calling back in, they would not transfer me to the same rep I talked to before (even though I had the name) nor would they would not transfer me to the next level of support without me rehashing the entire conversation again with them. I finally made my way to "Level 3 support" and after another round of explaining the situation made no headway in them acknowledging that they had struck this balance last year.

When I asked to speak to someone in "Level 4", they said there was none. So I asked for name of who I needed to talk to over his head. He would not transfer me nor give me a name and abruptly ended the call by saying "Have a good afternoon... and thank you for using Apria..." and hung up on me. It is unacceptable that I (conveniently) got disconnected when attempting to escalate, one is forced to rehash the situation over and over again with a new customer rep when calling back in (even if the name of the previous rep is known) or when you do get bumped to next level of service (I use the term loosely since it doesn't exist at Apria), someone has the nerve to hang up on a customer. Unless a customer is talking with the CEO, there is always someone over their head that may like to hear complaints and work something out.

I rented a wheelchair beginning in July 2016. They took the payment from my checking account. It was supposed to be 14 dollars a month but soon turned into 73 dollars a month. I contacted my insurance company and was told Apria was not filing their claim properly. I contacted them and they said they would refile. They did the next month but went back to filing it wrong the next. This went like this until the end of the year. In December they took out $198.00. After that I called and told them to pick it up. I couldn't possibly afford this anymore. I paid a total of $347.00 for rental for July through December. I then bought one at Walmart for about $160.00. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone nor will I ever use them myself again.

I am not alone. Forced to use this company due to Kaiser. You call multiple times, talk to managers, it goes on for days, no service. How can an organization fail so badly in managing customer expectations? Employees tell you that you will absolutely get service today, it's marked urgent in their system, by 6pm. Day after day of calling. It's a total joke and a travesty to suffering patients. Just one example: My 83 year old uncle just had 8 hours of surgery last week. The hoyer lift broke. Promised Monday. No delivery yet as promised. Shameful - are you listening, Board of Directors?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

I had a sleep study done in July of 2016. At the time my insurance was Cigna. I went picked up a CPAP machine and the agreement was I would have 6 payments and the machine would be mine and I would not have any more payments. I paid 5 payments on time and the last payment was suppose to be January 30th. My insurance changed in January from Cigna to Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield. I received a bill for 55.00. I call because it wasn't the same as the other 5 payments. I was told that because my insurance changed I was in default of the contract with Apria Healthcare under Cigna and now the contract with Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield is I have to start all over from zero and start 10 payments. After that 10 payments, the same CPAP machine would be paid for. I think this is one of the reasons health care is out of control. Apria Healthcare SHAME ON YOU.

It is sad the experience I had today while calling to have some oxygen tanks filled. From the beginning of my call today 3/26/17 at 11:40 am-12:24 pm to the end. The only thing I kept specifying to the tech "Marty" was that I needed the oxygen today with emergency because my son who is 5 asthmatic and has a lung disease was almost out. He gets sick out of nowhere and very fast so it isn't like I had a warning about it. We put him on the oxygen at 2 am last night staring him on 1 liter and going down to 3/4 this morning, after not getting any sleep last night I realized this morning that the oxygen tank was almost on empty. So I called Apria. It took 6 minutes of wait time for me to actually speak to someone.

Once the first person answered he asked me all the details, info and everything regarding Aaron. Then he said he had to send me to customer service. Where someone answered and I could not understand most of the time what he was saying. It is not like I am being rude about his accent as I also have an accent but it was quite hard to understand what he was saying or asking. He put me on hold more than 4 times saying he needed to check my son's info.

Every time he came back to answer me he asked the same question; "so what kind of oxygen do you need?" Every time I said "I am not sure what type it is, we always get the same tanks refilled. If you have his file in front of you it should say what oxygen he uses." And again and again, I was put on hold. Until I got upset and asked why it was so hard for him to send someone out to bring me the oxygen and he said because on Sundays Apria doesn't deliver oxygen and they don't have anyone to deliver.

I kept telling him it was an emergency and important that I'd get it today. But he said "If it is an emergency go to the hospital." I said "no, I don't have to take him in. I just need the oxygen and I don't know why you say you do not deliver Sundays when I have called and they have brought it before." He said "well if you knew you needed the oxygen maybe you should've called Friday." "I haven't used the oxygen in a while so I had no idea how low it was and I was also not planing on my son getting so sick overnight." He responded "well next time plan better." I asked again "will you be able to send me the oxygen or not?" He said "well let me call my delivery guy see where he is and if he is available."

At this point I am very very upset and I did ask him very loudly "why have you had me on the phone for 40 minutes asking you for the oxygen and now you say that you can send it out? Why did I have to go thru all this? This is not ok that you did this to me for 40 minutes", and his answer was "well we only do this for emergency cases", and I told him "I have been telling you since the beginning of this call that it is an emergency, why did you do this?" And his answer was, "well maybe you should plan better and order it in the weekday next time." Gosh seriously, if you as a company are ok with these kind of people representing you it is sad. Because they truly say a lot about your company.

Clearly this person just did not want to be there doing his job. He spoke as if he did not want me to understand what he was saying. And I was so upset after speaking to him that my blood pressure dropped. I want someone to listen to that conversation and to put yourself in my place. How would you react to this person who is supposed to help you and instead makes your day even worse than it already is. I also want someone to check my account because I would not be surprised that he added something on it that he should not have. I will also be looking for an alternate oxygen provider because I do not want to call again and have the bad luck of speaking to someone like him again. If he is a representation of your company then I don't think I want to go thru this once more. Thank you for your attention. And hopefully I will get the oxygen today or I will have to run to the ER.

Apria was very quick to deliver a wheelchair, less than 24hrs. after the order was put in. But try sending it back! Well it turns out we didn't need the wheelchair after all and now we have made several phone calls to Apria to pick up the unused wheelchair giving all the current information; address and phone number and they still haven't come to pick it up! Twice it was scheduled and now twice no one comes to get it. I don't know what the communication problem is between the delivery drivers and the pickup orders but here we sit, again waiting all day. Anyway it reveals disorganization and a disconnect within the company and its phone employees.

It's just too much stress calling them and the clearing house - They rarely understand what you're requesting. It's been several years that I have had my CPAC - I requested my first one be repaired - never happened, Never received updates on mask etc. Had to call several times over the years - sent wrong piece of equipment - approved a battery backup then denied as error. The list goes on... Ordered supplies last month online - never happened - one year they billed me when my insurance co. said "do not pay it."

My father was ordered to wear oxygen 24 hr a day. That was 4 days ago and still has not received the oxygen. Apria continues to tell him to pay a bill from 2012. When he refused their service, or he won't get his oxygen. I can't believe the low service standards of this company. I have no choice due to insurance to stay with Apria. I have tried to just pay the bill so my father can get his oxygen (Rip-off). That was a complete runaround. Phone call after phone call and on hold for 20+ minutes. THE BBB should do something about the way this company is ran!

Dealing with this company was the most difficult thing I've had to do throughout my pregnancy this far! I'm not usually one to write reviews but this company was very frustrating to deal with. I tried ordering medical equipment which my doctor faxed over a prescription for and waited over a month for something I was told would take 7-10 days. Every time I spoke with someone from "customer service" I was given different information and never able to reach a supervisor. The people were rude and the equipment was NEVER even received. Ultimately I switched to another carrier. DO NOT PLACE ORDERS WITH APRIA!!!

Trying to get a hold of someone for a billing question is impossible. When and if you ever speak to anyone on the phone you can't even understand them because they're from God knows where. They have overbilled me in the past and they are trying to bill me again for something that was already paid! I am so DONE!

Apria provided me with a CPAP paid for by Medicare and a supplement, but now they are saying that my doctor did not fill out all the necessary forms for follow-up visits. My doctor assures me that she does thousands of these and the forms were submitted twice, but they still claim they have not received it. Then they called me and said, "It's all corrected and you will receive your supplies." Two weeks later another letter saying my doctor did not fill out the forms. Again, they send it and again we repeat this same nonsense. Call saying it's OK. Letter saying no. So I am filing a complaint with Medicare and I suggest you do also if you get the same service.

I went to Apria with a prescription from my doctor to get a nebulizer breathing machine on 2/2/2017. I gave them my prescription and my insurance card. I instructed them to contact my insurance company to make sure my insurance company will allow me to receive the nebulizer and that my insurance company will pay and I will not have out of pocket expenses for this item. After waiting for a long time the man called me back into a private room and informed me that my insurance company had approved me receiving the nebulizer and accepted payment. I now receive a bill from CareCentrix dated 3/6/2017, that I owe $136.66 for the nebulizer and supplies.

I called CareCentrix and explained the issue and they called Apria and we were all on the phone together. The person from Apria claimed they called CareCentrix and received full approval for me to receive the nebulizer. She said she had no information on anyone from Apria contacting my insurance company but claims they called and received approval from CareCentrix to give me the nebulizer breathing machine. When I pressed her about why no one called my insurance company she got angry and hung up on me and the representative from CareCentrix. I have also placed a call to Apria in Fayetteville NC and spoke with the manager. He apologized for my problem but said there wasn't anything that he could do to offer any assistance but told me to call Cigna and inform them that his records show that Adrianna from Cigna authorised Apria to allow me to receive the nebulizer breathing machine.

I am very angry that I was informed that my insurance company informed them to allow me to receive the nebulizer and not have to pay any out of pocket expenses. I have offered to return the nebulizer breathing machine back to Apria, but the manager said he could not refuse the nebulizer breathing machine back but I would still be responsible for the billing until I could get someone from either Cigna or CareCentrix to clear the balance billed to me.

I have been a patient since 2007. I recently received new equipment and had my first follow up Dr. appt. When I call the local Apria Healthcare the calls now go to a call center who do not respond to my inquiry. Twice I've asked for assistance. Please allow local offices to accept calls for service or provide that service without promising a callback that fails to reach the patient. Patients first!

Last year I was diagnosed with mild obstructive sleep apnea and told I would need CPAP. Apria was one of only three companies my health insurance would cover (after meeting the $5,000 deductible, but that's another story). I naively chose Apria. These are my grievances with Apria: They would not come to my home, not even to set up and explain the equipment or to properly fit a mask for me the first time. I had to travel to the closest office, which was 40 minutes away, to be fitted for and instructed about the equipment. Every time I needed to try a new mask, I had to drive to the office. Then the office moved even further away.

The respiratory therapists were not friendly, obviously did not like their job, and did not spend adequate time making sure I had the proper fit so that I could sleep well with the mask on. I am a registered nurse so I know what good healthcare is. I have never treated my patients the way I was treated by these respiratory therapists. I could never reach the therapists by phone, no matter how many messages I left with the receptionist or whoever answered the phones. I tried three different masks. The third mask may have worked except there was a whining noise from the machine that I could not fix. Despite numerous calls, a therapist never returned my call. It was at that point that I returned the equipment and ended my association with Apria.

The irony is that the most attentive staff were the people who monitored the individual CPAP machines to make sure clients were using them often enough for insurance requirements. They would call to say I was not using the machine properly but they could not offer help with the equipment. They said they would notify the therapists but no one ever called back. After all this, Apria has the gall to continue to send me a bill! This company is only interested in making money, not in helping people living healthier lives through CPAP. WARNING! WARNING! Do not use this company.

This is the second time that I ordered CPAP supplies from Apria Healthcare and they attempted to overbill me. When I placed the order I was told by the rep that I would have to pay the co-pay of around $68 before the order could be processed. I gave them my credit card information. I then received a bill from them for $99. When I reviewed my EOB it stated that I owed a total of $109. If you take $68 from $109 you have a balance of $41 not $99. I then spent another 30 minutes on the phone to point out the obvious discrepancy with customer service. This is the second time they did this to me. Will no longer use their services and will discourage anyone that needs CPAP supplies to order from them.

Apria shouldn't be allowed to even operate in the country. When you call the office, you get someone in India or the Phillipines. They have been billing me for 2 years for supplies I haven't order nor received. They didn't submit the proper paperwork to Highmark and they want me to pay. Fat ** chance of that because I made my deductible that year... They are too stupid to understand that. I just called again, and talked to the guy in Manila and told him I want an appointment to go to the local office. He told me the manager will call me back. Still waiting for that phone call. I WILL show up at the local office tomorrow whether I have an appointment or not. Never ever get anything from them. They are too stupid to do business with.

Incorrectly charged $265 on my debit card on March 1 when order could not be covered by insurance till 3/7 and was to be shipped after 3/7. I promptly cancelled order one week ago and today was told it will be another week before they refund my money. I have spoken to at least 8 customer service reps all of whom failed to be able to help. I asked on 3 occasions to talk with a manager and was ignored.

I am a diverse individual but most customer service reps could not speak English plainly and did not seem to understand what my concerns were about. Worst customer service I have ever encountered. I will NEVER use this company and would strongly suggest no one else do so either. They are clueless as to what constitutes good customer service. The fact that this company involves healthcare is frightening. I work in healthcare and this type of service would never be acceptable. I feel due to their poor business practices have held my money hostage for one week and another week to follow. This is unacceptable. I am one step away from calling our local news outlets to do a story on the nightmarish business practices of this company.

I was forced to give at least one star and that is one star too many! Aside from getting the runaround and zero answers, I cannot get my issue resolved! I signed up with Apria to receive a CPAP machine in July 2016. I authorized them to use my credit card to bill the monthly balance ($110.60) of the machine that was not covered by my insurance company. Then on November 30, 2016 I ordered more supplies for my machine. I was told my total was $77.31 since my deductible had been met. I gave them my credit card number to pay for that amount only. Well it turns out that Apria did not process the order until 12/07/2016 and my insurance company did not pay anything for the products because my deductible renewed on 12/01/2016. So Apria took $680.21 from my account using my credit card, a charge I was unaware of and did not authorize.

I called Apria regarding the insanely high charge and they told me to have the bank stop payment on it because there was nothing they could do to reverse the charge. I contacted my bank and filed a fraud claim because I did not authorize the $680.21 charge. Now Apria is trying to get the money from my bank. I have been trying to get Apria to correct the date of the order, but I keep getting transferred between Customer Service and Billing. Both departments keep telling me the other department handles my situation. I am so fed up with this! It is not my fault Apria did not process the order on the date I placed it and I am beyond frustrated that this company will not correct this situation!

Only order from them if you are insane or have no other choice. I had to go through them when I was with Kaiser and they were horrible then. Changed insurance but still had to go through them. I ordered a replacement CPAP mask 1/13/2017. It is now 2/27/2017 and still no mask. I called the local office but they never, I repeat NEVER answer their phone so it goes directly to the main customer service office. I have been given several various answers to my inquiry about where my mask is. 1) "A rep will call you back today." (Haha. It took 1 week for a call back and he had no answer.) 2) "That is a special order that takes 4-6 weeks to ship." 3) "That is on backorder but will arrive 2-20." (Nope it did not!) 4) "Veronica will have to call you back. (Haha. Of course she did not call me back.)

After 20 minutes on hold, I am told again that it is a special order that takes 4-6 weeks to ship AND aren't I lucky... It miraculously shipped TODAY and I will have it Thurs. or Fri. (3-4 days away). I asked for the tracking number but since it just (supposedly) shipped today they can't provide a tracking number. I asked if they could call me tomorrow with said number and "nope" they can't do that but she said she would call Thurs with the tracking number. I am about 99% sure that not only will I not get a call back but I also will not get the mask. If I then call them again we will start all over with the lies.

How this company stays in business is beyond me. Some other company could make a fortune taking all their customers and doing a good job. Why don't they??? Also when I visited their brick and mortar store to order the mask they did not show me how to use it (it's a new model) and they could not let me try it out as "I would contaminate it"!! They stink. Go somewhere else. I could have ordered this from Amazon and had it in two days but not sure how I'd get my insurance to pay for it. RUN AWAY.

So my son was born with jaundice in August 2016 and we needed the biliblanket phototherapy machine. The pediatrician's office we were using was using Apria. As with everyone else, we had huge issues with trying to get our device. Luckily a very kind nurse kept calling Apria for us. Apria kept lying to her about contacting me. I decided to call for myself around 4 pm. They said they marked this machine delivery as urgent and it would be at my home by 7 pm. 7 pm comes and nothing. I call and get hung up on 6 times. 8, 9, 10, 11 pm and I get a voicemail that says I wasn't home for the delivery. I call back extremely tired and confused and they say it will be delivered in 30 minutes. At 1 am I go outside to wait so my son doesn't wake up and the machine is just sitting on my front porch. I wait until morning and call Apria to have someone at least explain to me how to use it and no answer. I call the pediatrician who is happy to explain it.

So that mess is over. I only needed to machine for 4 days. Apria refused to contact my insurance and billed $537 for a 4 day rental. I just paid it so I wouldn't have to deal with this company anymore. But they wouldn't pick up the machine! I just drove to the location and gave it to someone because I had it for almost a month and no one would come get it. I was issued a refund check 5 months later because my insurance made them. My name was spelled wrong! First and last! I called to have it changed and resent a new check and they said to mail the old one and I should get a new refund check with the name spelled right in 15 days max. Well two months later no check and no one will help me. This company is really really terrible.

With at most three exceptions -- including Barbara in the CPAP Monitoring Department in Colorado and Carl in Apria Healthcare's Savannah, GA branch -- Apria Healthcare is a wholly unsatisfactory, despicable company with employees who are untrained and (at best) marginally competent. The Billing Department is particularly loathsome. The waiting time to get through to a "real person" and "live agent" is interminable. Once you get through, the employee will promise you that he or she has taken care of something, only to learn when the next monthly bill comes along that they did nothing at all.

For example, I called the Billing Department at least four times because the Billing Department was seemingly incapable of getting my insurance straight. In fact, during one of these calls, an employee who was unintelligible because of his poor command of English had the gall to tell me that I was shown as "self-pay"; despite several earlier calls during which I spent an excessive amount of time providing detailed insurance information on more than one occasion! On other occasions, I would receive a voice mail stating that Apria Healthcare needed to speak with me about topic "x." However, when I returned the call, a different employee (of course) told me that Apria Healthcare needed to speak with me, not about topic "x," but about topic "y," which had no nexus whatsoever to topic "x"!

It is unbelievable that the senior management of this company can sleep at night. Why is the leadership of this company not insisting upon proper training of its employees -- including remedial English courses, for which there definitely is an acute need. The benchmark for customer service should be the superb service I received earlier today from Barbara in the CPAP Monitoring Department (in Colorado) and, on two separate occasions, from Carl in the Savannah, GA branch office of Apria Healthcare. Management should insist that customer service that falls below the "bar" or "benchmark" established by these two exemplary employees will not be tolerated and will result in immediate dismissal.

I, too, have been given the "insurance runaround." Please allow me to share a hint to break through this logjam and to get at least some assurance that your insurance information has been received and is accurate. The fax number for Apria Healthcare's Billing Department is 855-332-5614. I suggest that you send the Billing Department a fax that contains the front and back of you (1) state driver's license; (2) Medicare card; and (3) all other pertinent insurance documentation, such as Medicare Advantage or Medigap (Medicare Supplement) coverage. Upon receipt, the Billing Department is supposed to include this information in your billing file. I suggest you save the receipt page of the fax, so that Apria Healthcare cannot deny receiving your fax -- which the company certainly would do, if it served its financial advantage and if it camouflaged the company's abject incompetence.

All of us should find out the state and federal agencies that regulate Apria Healthcare and write to them, calling for a full investigation of Apria Healthcare's shockingly bad customer service. A telephone call or letter to Medicare (CMS) also would add fuel to the fire. Letters to the senators (U.S. Senate) and congressmen (House of Representatives) who represent you in Washington also will help create a groundswell of opposition to Apria's horrifying customer service (or non-service, to be more accurate). To paraphrase the movie "Network" from 1977 or so, "We're mad as [heck] and aren't going to take it anymore!"

If I had read some of the horror stories many of the reviewers have written, I doubt I would have done business with Apria, but... I have been with them for two months now and don't have any real complaints. I did get the feeling the first time I went in, that I was disturbing them; that whatever they had been doing when I rang the bell was much more important than me. But they seemed to warm up after a bit. We got along very well. I'll write another review after I've dealt with them for a few months.

On my last order of CPAP they called me and wanted a credit card. I have been dealing with them for over 4 years. My insurance if they bill it right pays for it, in total has for 4 years. This time they said there was a $25. I told them and they can look this up on their records not to send it until they got their billing department straightened out. They shipped it. I thought everything was okay. Now they're billing me $25 and I told him not to ship it. I would not pay anything, that my insurance will pay for everything.

Now I have a different insurance. I also order from a different place. I would never ever use Apria. They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. They call me three and four times a day trying to collect this $25. They harassing me. I tried to call in to get it straightened out. I spent hours on the phone. They don't do anything. They'll hang up on you when you call. They put you on hold for 15 minutes, just hang up. They tell me there are no managers on the floor when I call. It is ridiculous to work with this company. I will never use them again and advise anyone look elsewhere. There are several companies in Salt Lake to deal with that are much better.

Good Durable Medical Equipment devices; terrible Customer Service. I have had an ongoing billing issue with this company for over three months which their Customer Service billing department has been unable or unmotivated to resolve. I can certainly appreciate the difficulties in navigating the complexities of medical billing, but this experience has been beyond what one might otherwise tolerate.

My sense is that the company's 'back office' billing operation is simply incompetent. I do not attribute the poor service as a means to increase their cash flow at the consumer's expense - although that is what has happened. My advice would be: Do Not under Any Circumstances give the company your credit card information. They will bill 100% of the amounts invoiced to your credit card and then, maybe when they are feeling so inclined, work out the appropriate amounts that Should Have Been paid by your healthcare insurance. But, once they've got your money from the credit card there is Absolutely NO incentive to correct the billings.

My dad is 82, stopped breathing 24 x in 1 hr. during his sleep study. We're waiting 11 days for Apria's call for equip. Horrible CS. Never dealt with a company so bad. Wouldn't recommend them to anyone!

The man gave me the CPAP. Told me I don't need to clean it. Did not measure me for mask. I told him not comfortable and said try it and get new one in two weeks. I got sick from it. Did not tell me how to get filters or explain anything on use and how to work the machine. No one calls back. His hands smelled like smoke. He rushed me out of office. I have no idea how to get new supplies and am unable to use the machine. They are so unhelpful.

I was diagnosed with sleep apnea in 2006 and have had to utilize 2 different CPAP machines through Apria over the years. Lately, however, I have had increasing difficulties in getting information on what is being billed to insurance and to me, which lead me to question just how much consumers and insurance companies are being bilked out of by this company. I recently received an invoice due statement that was considerably more than what I had usually paid for supplies and services, even when I was an uninsured cash customer paying out of pocket. Over the course of the last three weeks in which I have been attempting to get more information regarding these charges, I have yet to get specifics as to what was charged, why it was charged, and whether or not my insurance company has been billed. Specific complaints are as follows:

I have been unable to access my account online, and am only able to do so after having to contact Apria to re-set my password. This is usually a several hour process and the new password only works that one time. It is incredibly easy, however, to pay my bill without creating an account or signing in. Bills are delivered in a "Statement" format that does not show any itemization of what you are being billed for, and detailed Invoice information is unavailable on the account website if and when I do get access to it. Because I am unable to get copies of the itemized individual invoices, (only an open receivables report has been supplied to me to date) it appears that I am unable to file for reimbursement by my HSA account because the information provided by Apria does not meet my HSA's filing criteria.

It is virtually impossible to reach anyone within the company by phone to discuss any of the charges being billed to me or my insurance company. When calling their customer service number, your only choice is to opt for a callback, which is NEVER timely if you even do get a callback. In the unlikely event you do get the opportunity to speak with a representative that you can communicate with effectively (they have command of the English language and speak coherently enough to be understood) very rarely are they able to actually help you with your issues, and can only refer the matter to someone else that you will also, never have the opportunity to communicate with directly.

While the company is quick to try to steer you into an Autoship program for supplies that is both extremely wasteful, and medically unnecessary in frequency of replacement supplies, those of us who prefer to order specific supplies only as needed are unable to do so. I would highly recommend that Apria be thoroughly examined for consumer, corporate, and insurance fraud based on their lack of transparency in their business dealings.

I have emphysema and asthma. I require oxygen 24/7. I do not allow Apria in my home. Their perfume/after shave is so strong it permeates my home for hours. I have a HEPA filter. I also have two children with asthma. I was in my driveway during the last delivery. I had to rush into my home when the deliveryman was 30, yes, thirty feet away. Have you ever looked at the calibration device they use to check the oxygen concentrator? No calibration sticker on it. I used to work in a laboratory and without a calibration sticker the gauge cannot be used.

Why am I using them? Because Kaiser has decided to use them only. I am slowly purchasing my own oxygen systems and medical supplies I require so I will not be at their mercy. Fixed income so the process is not fast. Do not ever, repeat, do not ever give Apria your check account, debit or credit card number(s). I was double and tripled billed. In three months they ran the bill up to $5000.00 plus, then called me for another credit card number. no itemization, even when asked.

I was, and still on disability insurance, 100% coverage. They told me that if I didn't give them more money they would take away my life support equipment. I gave them a cashiers check. I reported them to Kaiser, Kaiser said I lied. I report them to the Ombudsman. They quit asking me for money, but the policy at Apria is, "even if we make a mistake it is not our policy to reimburse." Of course I could attempt to sue. But when your lifespan is shortened they would just postpone until I died, then my family would be left with attorney bills. They are in a win win situation. A class action lawsuit?

Apria Healthcare Company Profile