1.05/5
Based on 196 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION

Jackson, TN

1012 Apria Healthcare Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 23, 2018

Been a customer for about a year and wish I never became one. Horrible communication and even worse customer service. Random unexpected and outrageous billing without any notice. Sounds like they need a complete executive reorg including a new customer service department.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I spent 2 1/2 hours on the phone with Apria for one simple question. When the call was complete I knew no more than I did before the call. I was directed to five different departments and nobody could give me a answer. It seems to me that there are no people there that know how to conduct a decent conversation with customers.

I've also been charged for services that my insurance had already paid for and they (Apria) insist that I owe money that my insurance says I don't. They refused to contact my insurance company to inquire about my concerns because they told me it wasn't their job to contact them. My insurance company contacted them a month ago but that did no good either. I will never order anything else from these rip off artist. I also recommend that anyone who needs CPAP supplies to find some other company to get them from. You will be a lot happier and you won't have to go through a bunch of B.S. every time you place an order!

Get expert buying tips about Health Products and Supplements delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Sleep study institute prescribed a CPAP machine. I had two providers in my area, and unfortunately I chose Apria. I would say that Apria is an outright joke if it wasn't such a shameful nightmare. My review is long, so I putting the conclusion up front as well: Do not walk, run, Run, RUN away. Do not even let them get your contact information, or you will end up fighting fraudulent billing for years!!! My story: My insurance is setup for a CPAP rental of 10 months and after the 10th payment it is converted to owned. After my last payment, I started receiving additional monthly charges. Apria contends that I must pay 15 months. I called my insurance about the discrepancy, they confirmed that no I am on 10 months, and assumed those two would resolve without a need for my intervention.

I have now spent 14 months trying to resolve this. The local Apria store phone number is unlisted and I had to get their local number from an inside source. This store told me several times that it was being resolved. Twice they told me it had been converted to owned. Both times the billing stopped from Apria for a couple of months, then suddenly, they started billing me again.

After 10 months and two failed ownership conversions, I started putting pressure on the local store to resolve once and for all. Also, I had called the 800 number about 10 times during this period but stopped calling because each and every time it was answered by someone from India that could barely speak English, worked solely off an answer card, had no clue about my problem, and had no understanding, authority, or intentions of resolving my dispute. As a matter of fact, their mantra from the cue card was "you have to pay 5 months more, period". Now, to save the hassle, I would have just paid the last 5 months of patient portion, but Apria wanted the full payment including the insurance company's portion, which insurance refused. So here I am stuck in the middle.

All during this time, the local Apria store assured me that I would not be billed for anything past the contract timeframe in dispute (max 15 months patient portion) while we tried to resolve the 5 months in dispute. After a year, I was very aggressive with the local representatives to get it concluded. They finally said that Apria corporate would not listen to them nor resolve anything, so I had to call the 800 number. (Now if they do not listen to their own employees, what chance does the patient have especially when we are redirected to India to listen to a cue card!) Gearing up for a fight, I then requested the local office to provide a copy of all activity on my account (billing; payments; communications; account notes; etc). They refused and said I was not allowed to see the information on my account; by then they were mad AT ME, and said do not call here again!

So, I then had to move to the insurance to apply pressure. They have spent 4 months trying to get through with Apria, and Apria refuses to budge on the 15 months (and this is talking to representatives in the US that have the understanding and authority to adequately resolve). In the meantime, I just got two new bills from Apria for almost $5,000! This would put the total patient portion at about 32 months on a 15 month contract (that actually should have been 10 months). During this time, they sent one invalid charge to collections, so I had to pay it just to preserve my credit.

I think my insurance is going to resolve their Apria problems by paying their portion of the 5 months in dispute and billing the patent their portion. My insurance is so fed up with Apria that they indicated to me that they have already notified Apria that they are dropping them from any coverage provided by Apria and are in the process of moving hundreds of current participants to other providers. They told me that they had over 40 participants that had the same problem as me and Apria will not reasonably solve (which means they are probably eating 80% of 5 months on 40 people - and 40 people now have to pay 5 months they should not have to pay).

The insurance also warned me to not purchase supplies from them as well, as they have had many complaints that Apria will then start shipping and charging supplies indiscriminately and will not work with the participant nor insurance to resolve nor stop the unauthorized shipments/charges. And Apria will simply send charges to collections if you refuse to pay. Do not walk, run, Run, RUN away from Apria. DO NOT USE THEM. Do not give them on one piece of personal information. They are nightmare and will NOT GO AWAY. Apria will haunt me for years to come simply over a CPAP machine.

Original review: June 18, 2018

There is not one department that I have spoken to in 15 years that is competent and helpful. They send you wrong supplies then won't refund them. You have to repeat your information to them ad nauseam because they don't listen the first 3 times. They keep sending bills to you when you have paid. It used to be there were few companies you could work with and they had minimal competition, so you were forced to use them, unfortunately. There are other choices out there, FINALLY, so you do not have to use Apria! Yahoo!! They say "Thank you for being the best part of Apria" - they aren't kidding! You really are the best part - because nothing Apria does is "the best". Run, do not walk, to find another company to work with for your medical supplies. Avoid them at all costs to save yourself years of aggravation!!

Original review: June 18, 2018

Where do I begin! Sales department? A joke. Billing department? A bigger joke!!! They enrolled my credit card in auto payment without me authorizing it. I called one time to place an order that was on hold for 2 full month for my dad, I only called because he couldn't understand any of them (They are all Indians and answer the calls from India). They have been charging me different charges for 3 months now and they said it's the patient responsibility part. If that's true the amounts would be the same which they are not. How is this company still in business!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

Original review: June 15, 2018

This company has multiple departments that do not communicate. My products are covered 100%. One side agrees there is a zero balance, another dept. calls relentlessly for payment. We are now on the 6th month of this debate with still no resolution. I have since found another provider.

Original review: June 15, 2018

I am/have been a patient with Apria for over ten years. I have had several different insurance companies during this time because of employer sponsored coverage. Since I am now on Medicare, although still working full time and need the oxygen tanks in order to work, service has decreased dramatically. It is almost like they do not WANT to serve seniors!!! I was switched to bi-monthly delivery nearly two years ago and they have NEVER delivered the correct number of tanks!!! I call weekly to the local number, and although I inform them of my problem it has not changed. I even contacted the branch manager and she will not return calls!!!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I went with Apria since they are an in network provider. It takes a long time to get through on the phone to the correct person (many transfers, holds, 1 for..., 2 for..., etc., then for them to get the correct information, etc). Get your account number ASAP since their audio equipment is very poor. It took the operator approximately 12 times to get my name spelled correctly, then on a return call I found out it was still wrong. Each connection with them has taken at least 20 minutes (up to 50 minutes). I think we have things all straightened out now.

Original review: June 6, 2018

My husband has been diagnosed with progressive MS and needs a Nitro Rollator walker to get around. He is 6'2 so he obviously needs the tall height walker. My husband's doctor has sent several prescriptions to Apria and they continue to send the wrong walker. I've spent numerous hours making calls to this company day after day to get this rectified with no resolution, while in the meantime, my husband still needs a walker. After I get this cleared up, I am hoping that I never have to deal with them again. They have made a very stressful situation worse.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Am still trying to get an oxygen concentrator for nighttime use thru Apria. On April 25, 2018, my doctor sent a prescription to them for a concentrator with the settings I would need. Apria read it as a prescription for a sleep study test, so they FedEx me a nighttime monitor, of which I FedEx it back to them 2 days later... I gave them 2 weeks time to process the test results, then called them in Argentina, or wherever they are located, to check on the status of the concentrator, and was told they never received a script from my doctor. I called my doctor back and was told that they did send them a script for a concentrator, not a sleep study test, so my doctor sent them another prescription for an oxygen concentrator, along with a phone call to them.

I let it ride for a week and was ready to call Apria, when someone claiming to be from Apria calls me, quotes me the monthly charge for the rental, of which I agreed to, so gave them a credit card to use for automatic monthly withdrawal, and was told the concentrator would be delivered on June 4, and the driver would call a half hour before arrival. I stayed home all day, no call, no delivery. The following day, I received a robocall from an Oregon area code, (I live in Michigan), saying they would deliver the concentrator on June 5. Again, no call, no delivery, so I called Argentina back and was informed it will be delivered next Tuesday, June 12, stay tuned on that one. I asked the person at Apria if they made deliveries to my town only once a month, and was told he had no way of checking. It's now June 6. Apria has already billed my credit card and no concentrator.

Original review: June 5, 2018

I suffer from Chronic Cluster Headache the worst known pain to man. I planned a trip to Florida and contacted Apria Healthcare. They told me that I needed a prescription for oxygen from my doctor which is the only thing that will help when I suffer an attack. I had my doctor's office send them a prescription by fax. I contacted them the same day to confirm that they received it which they told me they did. The oxygen was to be delivered on Friday May 25th. I called on the 25th of May asking where is my oxygen. They said it wasn't scheduled for delivery. I talked to a Supervisor and he assured me that it would be there on Sunday. I called Monday and was disconnected 3 times and Tuesday they disconnected me 2 times every time I told them my name. On Wednesday I talked to a woman who told me that the prescription was invalid and I needed for the doctor's office to forward my medical records.

Then the women said that there was no order for liter flow. All they had was a order for 4 E tanks. I told them I had my own regulator then she said that they don't supply E tanks. Every single night my wife had to see me pound my head against a block wall and scream so loud in pain that the resort sent people down to see if someone was being murdered. Apria Healthcare is the worst company. They will lie and lie and lie time after time. The company should be shut down and everyone should be shot killed dead and discarded like trash like they are. You are a stupid person to deal with them.

Original review: June 3, 2018

This company is nothing but a bunch of fraudsters and con men. They will send you supplies that you didn't order or need. Bill you even after you return their shipments and cancel them, multiple times. How this company is still in business and how they can retain insurance contracts and contacts with doctor's offices is a great mystery.

Original review: June 3, 2018

I need a CPAP machine and went with Apria because they were in network and my PCP recommended them. First, they called me for my mask size and the serial number on my machine. I told the service rep "I've never had a CPAP, this is my first machine." I had to repeat myself to 3 other people that day because my voicemail was blown up with 5 messages asking me for my mask size and serial number of my machine! This went on, back and forth the next day until I asked to speak with a manager, finally someone updated my file and I received no further calls for a week. I decided to call back to check the status of my order about 6 days later.

Now the problem is they don't have a copy of my sleep study. No problem, I called my PCP office and relayed the information to them. She too was frustrated by their terrible service, saying she'd faxed and emailed the sleep study to them 5 days ago and didn't understand how they hadn't received it. She resent the documents that day and confirmed with me. It was faxed and emailed the documents again. The next day, I decided to call Apria to confirm they received the paperwork and the rep. said everything is in order. He said I should receive my order in 7 to 10 business days.

So I waited 9 days before calling to see that my unit has shipped; this is where it got absolutely ridiculous! The customer service rep. tells me that they need additional documents from my PCP and that they had already spoken with them about it. I inquired what documents were missing and the rep. told me they don't have a complete sleep study results; specifically the apnea and hypopnea sections. It's now been over a month since I had my sleep study and I'm no closer to getting my CPAP machine! How is Apria still in business? Why am I constantly being redirected to other call centers when I ask a question about the documents? I only gave 1 star in this review because you cannot submit a review with 0 stars; this is the crap that Apria customers have to work with.

Why is this so complicated? I hope that their horrible service doesn't cause someone to lose their life because they cannot get the medical equipment they need! Apria has earned every single 1 star rating; the company seems to have little concern to change simply by the sheer number of nightmarish reviews posted here. Do yourself a favor and get your medical equipment needs met by anyone else but Apria because you will be sorely disappointed with Apria's ability to serve your needs!

Original review: June 1, 2018

This company blew up my phone trying to get me set up with them for a CPAP machine. They told me that they were the only company that my Humana insurance approves for CPAP supplies. I turned them down because they wanted a large copay, and a monthly fee, for the use of the machine. I called them back three weeks later, and informed them that I now have Medicare, which I'd like to use. The representative got short with me. He said that they do accept it, but that I would have to come to one of their locations in person. However, I was told that if I wanted to just pay with a debit card, or backdraft, each month, that I would not have to do that. I told him that I am currently homebound. He said I could fax him. When I told him I had no fax machine, he said he couldn't help me. In the meantime I found another company. He lied when he said that Humana would only used them.

Original review: May 31, 2018

After trying for a year, I finally got an Inogen One portable machine. Then, Apria tells me are taking my regular at home oxygen machine. They expect me to carry this portable machine around with me even at my home! It is a PORTABLE machine. They say you can be on it 24/7. I can understand that if you're out of your home for days, but not when you’re home! This company doesn’t seem to care about what you have to go through to stay on oxygen. Plus, they automatically take my payment due out of my account, but every time I call they say my account shows a double balance due & pester me to make a payment. It seems like everything with them is an argument! It is so aggravating dealing with this company!

Original review: May 31, 2018

Lack of customer service - This is the worst company I've ever dealt with in my life. I've been unable to return equipment, charged for things I haven't received, and had to cancel one credit card to stop from being billed.

Original review: May 30, 2018

This company keeps changing its policy to bill for items I haven't received. I had an agreement to pay off my machine in 13 months because we changed insurance. They now say my new insurance should be billed for a 15 month old machine for 15 months. They also bill me 28.95 a month for the water chamber which I don't use because I purchased the SoClean and it comes with its own chamber. I haven't received or ordered supplies in 7 months yet they insist in trying to bill my insurance for supplies. Does this sound like a rip off???

Original review: May 22, 2018

This is the most difficult company to work with. I had a complaint regarding a charge and wanted a detailed bill. The number I called to get clarification of the charged went somewhere overseas and their rep could barely speak English. She couldn't understand me and I couldn't understand me. The problem never got resolved. "Buyer beware." Watch the charges on your bill or better yet find a different company. I would give Apria a no star rating. BEWARE.

Original review: May 22, 2018

If I could give this company Zero stars I would. The customer service is horrible. Humana insurance sent me to this company for a piece of medical equipment. Initial authorization for the equipment was granted in Feb 2018. After several back and forth conversations with Apria I ended up having to go back to my primary healthcare provider to obtain another prescription (even though I already had an authorization). The order was finally "placed" on 26 Apr 2018. Was told it would take 7 - 10 business days to process the order and have it shipped.

Today, a month later, and after several phone calls, including speaking with a so-called supervisor, the equipment still has not been shipped but they have "elevated" my concerns to the Escalation Team who should contact me in another 24 - 48 hours (that's what I was told the last two times I called). Needless to say, I have very little faith that the equipment will be sent out anytime soon. My next call is to Humana to let them know what a piece of ** company this is. Based on all the other reviews I have seen here I know I am not the only one and this is not a one time problem but rather a systemic issue with this company.

Original review: May 22, 2018

This is the worse company I've dealt with in my entire life. They have been processing an order for equipment for 5 months. Every time I call to find out the status of my order I get a different answer. Very frustrating that a simple order can take 5 months. I finally told my doctor to find a different supplier, since Apria cannot tell when I will be getting my equipment.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I have been an Apria Healthcare customer for last 8 years. My current CPAP machine provided by Apria is defunct and am eligible for a new machine. Apria has been playing ping pong with my order. Now they want me to send them the baseline study because they have lost it even though the initial sleep study was with them when they gave me my first machine. I have been spending more than 2 hours waiting to speaking to someone in the Qualification team to process my order. As per their own rule I do not have to need another baseline for at least after 8 years from the prior one and in my case it is less than that. They do not pick up.

Original review: May 21, 2018

I am complaining because medicine for my daughter has either been sent as the wrong type (and when trying to return Apria said someone would pick it up and never did. Then 30 days later they say it is too late) or not received within a timely manner. When I first learned of this problem, I contacted your customer service (that I believe is in Florida?) at your company, and was told that the local distribution center didn’t place the order, ordered the wrong item, or was not in stock and would not be for a while). This is unacceptable in 2017/2018. There have been days where we ran out of medicine for my daughter and had to use an alternative that the doctors say was not as good.

Original review: May 20, 2018

Apria may be the worst company I have ever had to deal with. I have been trying to order a CPAP machine for 2 month. I have no idea why this is taking so long. Everyone that you talk to at Apria is completely incompetent -- no one know where the machine is, where or not it has been shipped, where it has been shipped (if it has), they do not know who it was shipped with, and they have no tracking number. I do not know how they stay in business. I will never deal with them again. They do not have an order number.

Original review: May 18, 2018

I am very disappointed in the customer service, or lack thereof with Apria so far. Last Thursday, 05/10/18 I was contacted by one of your agents and was asked to have my doctor's office fax Apria my sleep study results, which I did and my doctor's office did. The next day, Friday 05/11/18 I was told Apria received my sleep study results and you have been working with my insurance. That same day I was told to pay the deductible amount of around $270.00, which I did by debit card. Since last Friday I have been going back and forth with Apria's customer service agents and it's been a nightmare. I keep being put on hold, one day it was up to 30 minutes so I had to hang up.

Today I called and I was put on hold for 45 minutes, and then suddenly it rang and I got a voicemail of some agent so I left a voicemail. I never heard back. This morning I was sent some documents to sign, which I did right away and I was told my order would be expedited. That was at 9 a.m., I called back nine hours later and never got a response, that's when I was on hold for 45 minutes. I'm waiting over a week for a sleep machine that I need to help me sleep and to better my health at the same time. Apria has taken my money super fast with no problem but after that I've had to do the rest of the work. I'll have to work with my bank to file a claim against Apria for services and merchandise not provided. Steer clear of Apria! Horrible customer service, still without my CPAP machine.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Finally get an order for my CPAP machine, it is badly needed, I can hardly sleep. Apria seems to be the only game in town. They call me up and tell me that they need to talk to me. I call back, I wait 30 minutes on the line only to be transferred to a robot who says, nobody can talk to you now. I call back and they tell me someone will get back to you, stay ready to receive a call. Two days later I get a call from someone who purports to represent Apria, but I have my doubts. Even though my insurance has agreed to cover 100% of the cost, they want a bunch of personal info 'including' my credit card. At this point I suspect the Russians are calling.

I call back to Apria, and it turns out these were not the Russians. It was really Apria and yes they want my credit card even though my insurance company has approved this, "just in case something goes wrong". Seriously??? These people are making ungodly profits and the reason that our Healthcare system is in the toilet.

Original review: May 16, 2018

Where do I begin. I was just started on oxygen and I feel like I am being held hostage by this inefficient, insensitive and incompetent company. When the initial tanks were ordered, I was told the driver would be at my home with a window ending at 7:30 pm. 7:30 came and went and I finally got a call that the driver was running late. He called me at 9 PM to tell me he was just finishing up his call and did I want to reschedule for tomorrow. DAH! Let me think. I had already been sitting around half the afternoon and evening and what I didn't want to do was have a repeat of that the next day. I told the driver to come out and he arrived by about 9:30 and by the time he very... and I mean very slowly brought in the tanks, set the equipment up, provided meager instructions and I signed paperwork it was almost 11 PM.

A week later I was having trouble with one of the tanks leaking and the same person came out to exchange the tank. He called that he was outside and so I waited for him to come to my door. And I waited... and still waited. Finally I went outside and he said, "Oh, I thought you were coming out to the truck to get your tank." Hello people, if I was in such great shape I wouldn't be struggling to breathe the oxygen I didn't have because he had the tank in his truck.

Next, I made four calls to try to resolve the issue of getting a "M" tank... Seriously, this tank is as tall as I am but good to have around just in case the power goes out in your area and your regular machine dies on you. I repeatedly requested that the tank and a regulator to fit it be delivered 5 PM or after. I received a expected delivery call on the day of delivery saying they would deliver the tanks between 8 in the morning and noon. For crying out loud, Really? Then the delivery was scheduled for today for 3:45 to 7 pm. Another call today to fix that.

Lastly, Noah, on customer service tried very hard to fix this issue as he discovered that the M tank and regulator that I had made three previous calls about, had been cancelled. He said he called the local Utah Midvale company twice but wasn't able to get through. He said they were probably busy. I say they were taking a relaxing break... And I thought smoking ** was legal in Colorado not Utah! Noah, put in the order himself. He, at least gets a star for trying. If there was another company that had the supplies I needed I would switch, but the news on the street is that the other company sucks too. I suppose Apria doesn't feel any obligation to provide competent customer service since the other guy doesn't either. I'm guessing you will believe me when I tell you how happy I will be when I don't have to deal with Apria anymore. Pity the poor soul who is chained to Satan (Apria) for life, just to get a breath of air.

Original review: May 14, 2018

I waited 2 months for an LH knee walker. They sent a RH and let me go! I could not use it as I'm paralyzed on the R! I was billed $60 after all this but I'm paying it to be done with them! (My insurance paid $1000).

Original review: May 11, 2018

I have been TRYING to get a padded shower transfer bench since March 23, when the prescription was submitted by my son's doctor. My son (a paralyzed 16-yr-old with no sensation below the waist) has been using a broken bench for 3 months now. I am very concerned that the metal brace under the seat, which is broken in half and has a very jagged edge, is going to cut him severely. I have contacted Apria's customer service team on at least 7 different occasions, explaining the urgency for the order. Each time, I was told they were "escalating" the order and to "KEEP THE LINE OPEN" because I would get a call from my local branch. I finally got a call on Friday, April 26 (4 weeks after ordering).

They delivered a bench at 9:30 pm that evening and I refused it as it was NOT padded, as was stated on the order. I have since made weekly calls to the customer service line, each time being assured that the order was for a PADDED transfer bench and that it was being escalated and I would hear from my local branch. Today, 7 weeks after it was initially requested, I still do not have this $75 item. I can order from Amazon and get it in 2 days! How can a national company that specializes in DME not get this to me in less than 7 weeks? Finally, after calling 3 times today, I got a call from the company asking me to pay the $13.30 copay before they would process the order and get me the transfer bench - IN 7-10 DAYS!!! My next order will NOT be going to APRIA. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

Original review: May 10, 2018

Received a call from Apria about returning the phone call they made to me. Believe me this is the 1st time I have contacted Apria, and I am really hesitant about using their service. After being on the phone for over 45 minutes I was told to call the same number that I dialed and ask for customer service, I informed them that I used that number and was talking to them as we spoke. After getting the runaround on who to contact, I was informed that I was approved for service and someone would contact me that evening to set up an appointment. Never received a call so I called them.

Trying to get to where I needed to be is almost impossible, their instructions are not clear at all... So I finally get to talk to someone and told them I had not received a call from anyone and was trying to see what was going on. I was informed that I was set up for May 14th for a test to see what my oxygen level reads overnight and we would go from there. I told them that was the 1st time I was told that and had no clue that I was set up. So I thought I would go online and check to see what others say about this company, and I was overwhelmed with the comments I read online. I am asking myself why am I using this company with all these bad reports, there are plenty of suppliers out there that can service my needs, I do not need another headache.

Original review: May 10, 2018

In December of 2017 my daughter, had surgery which left a significant open wound requiring a wound-vac to facilitate healing. This equipment was provided by Apria Healthcare. We had the equipment for several weeks. I returned it on May 4, 2018 to Mountain Point Medical Center. The equipment was tagged and placed in a storage room for retrieval by the Apria Representative. The equipment was retrieved by the Apria Representative. He was escorted to the storage room by the nurse. I thought that everything was taken care of. The machine was preauthorized by my insurance. As far as I knew insurance had taken care of it. I did not receive ANY statements from Apria of any balance being owed to them from Jan-April 9.

On the evening of April 9th I received a telephone call from Apria stating that I had a past due balance of $9.50. They asked if they could just use my credit card information on file to take care of this amount. I told them, "No, just send me a statement and I will pay for it." They asked, “You’ll pay for it when the statement comes?” I said, “yes”. A week went by and I received a statement from my credit card with a balance of $4855.00! I was not told ANYTHING about a charge for that amount. I was not told that there was an issue with the equipment not being accounted for. Had I known, I could have referred them to Mountain Point Medical Center to detail how the equipment had been returned.

A couple of days after I had received my credit card statement, a bill arrived from Apria. The bill shows a past due amount of $9.50 and Current charges of $4855.00 for equipment that wasn’t returned. It asked for my credit card information and my signature. However, they had ALREADY billed my credit card without my knowledge, or my authorization. They had to have broken the law to keep the information from the back of my card to make that purchase. When I confronted them about that they told me that my agreement with them was a month by month agreement. I told them that didn’t make any sense because we didn’t even have the equipment for a month and this was not a bill that was a month by month bill. I don’t even know if the $9.50 charge is a valid one because I have not received any statement from them detailing what I am being charged for.

They also didn’t charge my account for the past due amount, only the ‘current’ charges that I had not been notified about. I disputed the amount with my credit card. Before my credit card could even do an investigation about the charges, they had given my account over to a collections agency. The collections company received my account on the 9th of April, for $4855.00, an amount in their own bill that states it is "current" not past due. How do you charge a credit card without a customer’s knowledge, and simultaneously turn them into collections for a balance that is not even past due? And how is it lawful to charge someone without stipulating what it is that they are being charged for?

Apria has a record of the phone call that I made to them on the day that I had returned the machine. I told them that I had taken the machine to Mountain Point Medical Center, when I got there I realized that I had forgotten the cord at home and was returning to my house to get it to make sure it was with the machine.

This company's business practices are completely unethical. When I called to complain, they treated me as if I was a criminal whose word couldn't be trusted. When I told the woman on the phone that I had returned the equipment, she just told me that it was just my word that it had been returned. However, that is untrue. Fortunately for me the hospital has documented the equipment being returned. I am frustrated and angry that I have to use my time fighting something that should not have ever happened. This company is the WORST!!!

Apria Healthcare Company Information