Apria Healthcare

Jackson, TN

Compare Health Products

Research top Health Products recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Apria called today from an "Unknown Number". I have been rejecting all those calls lately but took this one... Couldn't believe APRIA would NOT IDENTIFY THEMSELVES except to say they're an UNKNOWN NUMBER! The call was just a pesky "update your info" call. Sooo... I called Apria from that "Unknown Number" and it took about 15 minutes to get help. As I was waiting, all I heard were LOUD Advertisements over and over and over again... "While you're waiting"... Then MORE loud ads over and over and over again.

I just wanted to watch the TV News while I was waiting but NO. I had to hear LOUD ADVERTISEMENT after LOUD ADVERTISEMENT after LOUD ADVERTISEMENT. Needless to say I was furious by the time they FINALLY answered the phone. I'll be checking out other Ox 2 services in my city... It's a big one so I'm hoping to find something better than Apria. I also want to recommend to Apria that they just SHUT-UP with all the ads on the phone and let us customers have a little peace and quiet!!!

I tried to give this company a chance even though everything I read was bad. Let me tell you, PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. I figured I have insurance... I will not have that much of a problem. Well let me tell you, I have that much of a problem. I gave them my credit card information and now they charge my credit card, one month 3 times, most of the time it was just 2 times a month, but in May of this year they had to get just a little bit more.

When I first call them about the charges they said the charges was for supplies that I had got. Well I have had my machine for 4 months and my doctor had to call and order the supplies I needed from them. I asked them what supplies they were charging for and they said it was supplies they sent to me... LIE. Then they said it was parts I picked up when I picked up the c-pap machine... just got the head gear and the machine, why not charge all at one time, they could not answer that.

Then I call my insurance company. The insurance company said it is for rental equipment. I asked them if they rented this machine to me after renting it to someone else. They could not tell me that. My insurance company has sent them several letters telling them this is a replacement c-pap machine for me to bill them as I bought the unit, not renting it. But you know what, Apria Healthcare Can Not do that. Do you care Apria what people are saying about your company? Do you care how people feel about your company? My account is still not settled and I have talked to several people, and going to be on the phone with yet another one of you. My advice for anyone who reads this if you can do business with another company, do it with someone else. This one has no heart and don't care how they treat people.

Since switching to Cigna insurance and being forced to use CareCentrix, I was partnered with Apria for my CPAP supplies. And it has been nothing but a complete mess since the beginning. First off, it would be great if their customer service people weren't outsourced overseas and were actually trained. None of them knew how to answer any questions I had and they were frequently hard to understand. They messed up my orders several times, failed to auto-replenish my supplies even though I was on an auto-replenishment program. Then when I tried to get a travel CPAP, they wasted 2 weeks before telling me they would not be able to get it for me at all. No one returns your phone calls either. If I could give them a 0-star review, I would. Use ANYONE but these people for your supplies.

Husband has Kaiser and needs CPAP supplies. For the past 4 times he's needed replacement masks they charge his credit card at the time he ordered the mask. They then bill him again for the same item but don't send the bill! That way, we don't know they've double billed us or sent us to collections for this double billing! When he tries ordering new supplies they claim he's got a past due balance and refuse to let him order anything until he pays this fake past due bill! Total scam! Wondering if other people are being double-billed?

Kaiser ordered for me 2 portable oxygen on Thursday 5/25/17 for deliver to our home address. Saturday, we received a phone call that the estimated time of deliver will be 8 am to 2 pm. Around 1 pm we verified through your website the estimated time, it showed that the delivery will be 2 pm to 6 pm, then before six the new arrival suppose to be 6 to 9:30 pm. We waited all day and when we called for estimated time, we were told that my name was dropped from the list of deliveries. We called and the automated reply was they have no pending delivery reported. As you can feel frustrations and disappointment occupied our physical being. Lastly, an operator assured me that the oxygen will be delivered between 10 am to 3 pm Sunday May 28, 2017. However, upon verification the website showed that the delivery has been changed between 12:45 to 4:45 pm.

By 12 noon the driver called us that he cannot deliver because it was incomplete, so, my wife requested that they deliver the complete order on Tuesday, May 30, 2017. The whole thing was a messed, because we did spent several calls, long wait for an operator to answer, we mostly heard recordings. To make it short, why they made us wait one and half day before a person called us to explain why delivery cannot be made. I have been your customer since 10/12/2009 with A/C Number ** and this is first time I experienced undeniable poor service. Your weekend service especially with holidays like this weekend need to be reviewed and updated with a simpler system, less hassle, and more communication with the patients. The automated and telephone delivery updates need to be reconciled to be make it more believable. They should either email or call the patients way ahead of the changes.

The branch should adjust their scheduling to have proper coverage to answer inquiries. The call center operators has no access to call the drivers except online. The drivers should be provided with a cell phone to call customers of impending delivery delays. It only takes a minute or so, to make things right and provide excellent customer service, just like the saying goes, DO THE UNEXPECTED, SURPRISE THE CUSTOMERS OF THE UNEXPECTED SERVICE. I am sick of pneumonia and needed the portable oxygen for the weekend holiday celebration, your company made me waited longer hours on the telephone and computer to no avail... My final answer, your company failed in customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

Let me first say Apria isn't my first foray into the Health Care Supplier business. I have had three other suppliers of my oxygen products and have never had a problem with delivery, billing or insurance with the exception of the fourth, Apria. I don't have enough time remaining in my life to cover all the ridiculous problems Apria has given me over what, to the layperson, is a simple mistake with a simple fix. I have two insurance policies both covering my oxygen supplies & service. My primary coverage is with AETNA through my wife's employer. My secondary policy is United through AARP's Medicare Complete endorsement. The original problem began when Apria neglected to bill my secondary policy. I started receiving bills &, upon contacting Apria, was told to ignore them as the insurance had not paid yet. Then I noticed I had accumulated several collection accounts on my credit report.

We were in the process of buying a new home and I immediately called Apria. I was then told they didn't even have insurance information for my secondary policy and they would immediately rebill my secondary, AARP United Insurance. The collection accounts continued, each being a new amount, new collection account number with the same collection agency. No matter how small the amount, some under five dollars, a new collection account was generated. I now have over 30 collection accounts with the same agency, all from Apria. I spent five hours one day insisting I speak with someone higher up the chain, finally speaking with a very sweet, very helpful & knowledgeable agent with Apria's "Tier Two Problem Resolution" department. I had asked if she could send me a final summary of all their charges and my insurance payments so we could finalize the account.

(We had switched to another oxygen supplier shortly after the billing problems had begun.) What I received was a 23-page accounting of charges but without a payment from my secondary! My credit score has been ruined, I am paying a much higher mortgage payment than necessary and still have not received a full accounting of charges and subsequent insurance payments. My only advice is to choose someone, anyone, else for your medical supplies. Unless you have no other choice, steer clear of Apria and their nonexistent customer care.

Whatever brought you to this Consumer Affairs site, beginning with the "top" 700+ complaints, should be warning enough! I'm sure some of the related complaints may be petty, however, the majority have affected lives both medically and financially. At this point, I'm not sure I will ever get this account resolved. To do so would require care and concern from Apria and to date, this is something I have yet to experience.

I have been with Apria, now Coram, for the past 10 years. Since Coram CVS Specialty Infusion Services have taken over, I have had an almost monthly dispute on ordering a Mic-Key button for the past two years. Our insurance covers one Mic-Key button a month, which Coram has argued with me time and time again, making it most difficult to receive this necessary piece of medical supplies. I even spoke with the manager of customer service at Coram, and he stated over and over that I was wrong. I asked him to provide me with the information, stating that I am wrong.

After finally deciding to do his job, and look up the provider manual, it was determined that my insurance did indeed cover one a month. This past week, my daughter's feeding pump started going out. Coram refused to service this machine or provide us with a new one. They needed a prescription, which could take anywhere from 24 to 48 hours. So! In those few days, my daughter missed out on necessary tube feeds. I have since switched medical supply companies, and they have provided me with a new feeding pump, along with a backup one in case the other goes out.

Since the initial contact, Apria has been less than professional. The lack of customer concern and human consideration is common place with every phone call. Call wait times are long and then the representative who answers is usually snarky and condescending. I can understand an occasional "bad day" from the rep, but it appears it is a behavior among the company. During one call specifically, and after being shuffled around to 3 different people, I was conveniently "disconnected" and had to start all over again with our requests. My mother has issues with memory and gets confused easily: they delivered a system for refilling Oxygen tanks that an elderly person should not be considered for let alone someone with issues. Even I was confused with the process. We told them this upon delivery and the delivery person still insisted on leaving the set up and said to call the company the next day to request a change.

I did that and it took an additional week to get a response. I have been attempting to get them to pick up the equipment so we can use another company but they have delayed it - again. Every time I call they say it will be in 24 to 48 hours and no one shows up. I am her care giver and requested that I be called for contact and have to take time off to be there for their shenanigans. Today... they just SHOWED up. No call, no contact. Even after numerous requests, and managed to confuse her yet again.

When you call for assistance you get someone in India. If you are a senior, who is the main client of oxygen use, this is a extremely difficult task. If equipment failure, that person could easily not make it through all the prompts. If you do, you speak to someone who does not speak English well. Most elderly people, have some vision issues, is no way a blind person would be able to get through. Not to mention someone hard of hearing, beagle to understand and get the service they need. There is no oxygen equipment for the blind.

We were in need of service for my father. I needed to speak to service tech, spoke to 2 people in India, to be sure instructions given tech called me first. They could not get that right. After tech came without calling me first, the daughter, I called and asked to speak to a supervisor. She was so rude and argued with me. Day later, still having equipment issues, I found it necessary to drive to the April location here in Evansville, In. and leave a note for Help. Taped to front door. Then I took off work to go there and speak to them. I asked them to close their eyes and try to get help through their own service. I had ask the Jane, who is suppose to be some manager, call me. That did not happen. She said she was working on finding equipment for the blind. And I would know this how? I certainly could not call her. You can only call India.

What is they don't understand about providing a service that mainly addresses need for the elderly. These people and this company does not meet requirements needed to properly care for these people. Whoever came up with the idea that you cannot call for service without calling a third party who doesn't speak English well, and have minimums of 3 prompts, has never cared for an elderly person. This is probably the worst idea ever. Not to mention the supposed manager in India said she assured me I would always be called first before service, that she had flagged the account that way. When I spoke the Jane here in town, she said the same thing. So now we have living involved. Please, please never have Apria caring for your family. The people in India do not care. Someone could easily lose their life while trying to get service for failed equipment.

Our physician sent a prescription to Apria for oxygen supplies and a bpap machine. After waiting several days we decided to call them. Our call was answered overseas with a person who was hard to understand. We waited over 1 hour in an attempt to resolve the matter. We were told there was a hard hold on the account for a past due balance. The balance was a extraordinary amount for a machine that was returned several years ago. Two weeks later and several hours on the phone we were still not able to resolve the matter.

My husband's health was in jeopardy so we decided to give up trying to resolve the matter. It was frustrating not being able to resolve the matter or to have anyone call back. They did not have any regard for the patients' health concerns. Our insurance immediately contacted another company and now my husband sleeps and breathes better without the hassle.

Is there a rating below 1? They were rude, unprofessional and incompetent. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I got attitude and told "you're just wasting your time." When I insisted, I was put on hold for 12 minutes, then hung up on. STAY CLEAR!!

This will hopefully inform you of the problems APRIA has with their accounting/billing department. The amount that I initially paid to Apria of $660.00 when we signed for the machine that was charged to a credit card, & our account does not reflect that this was ever credited to us. In July of 2016, I was called by Apria and made another credit card payment on the phone using a credit card in the amount of $280.64, that payment was never credited to us. I also wrote checks that were in fact deposited by Apria from our personal account, amounting to $459.51, never credited to our account. The total amount I have paid to date and HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN CREDIT FOR is $1,404.41.

According to our insurance company we should have only been charged $1630 for the machine. I want to be finished with this company. They have turned me over for collection! I went to our local office to try and resolve the issue. The employee there at the time told me "You are not the only customer that is having a problem with not receiving credit for the payments you have made." She then said "let me look at my account". There were two credit cards on file for us. The other credit card was the VISA given over the phone for the $280.64. The employee told me that she would remove my credit cards from my account so you wouldn't charge them, I bet she was quitting!!! Seems to be a high turnover there. She also gave me a printout of my account.

Last summer we started getting calls that our insurance card was incorrect. So I took our new card down to the office here and an employee that was working there made a copy. Looking at our insurance statements Apria is submitting claims. I will not answer calls from unidentified callers, simply because there are so many people who call trying to commit fraud. A professional company always identifies themselves. Apria calls with UNKNOWN CALLER, PRIVATE CALLER, or AccuCaller. Also, trying to understand foreigners is a challenge over the phone. I would suggest that APRIA have their accounting department audited, and make sure that the payments that come in are being credited to your customers.

I honestly don't understand how a company like this is still in business. I have never seen such incompetence with customer service. Everyone is clueless... the dispatchers, drivers and delivery people and the people on the phone. It took us many days and, no kidding, over 20 phone calls to get our daughter a wheelchair after she fractured her ankle. No one knows what is going on and no one can offer answers. They give you a huge window for delivery and either don't show (twice) or show up hours after the window (yes, this happened).

We still don't have the right wheelchair for her because, and I quote, "Sorry this one is too small but I don't have anymore in my truck so this will have to do." When I asked the delivery man if he could show me how to open and close the wheelchair he told me he couldn't because he had never seen this type. I'm at a loss. Actually, I'm 15 minutes on hold with them right now as I write this and I anticipate there will be no delivery tonight and no one will tell me why. Unfortunately if you're like me, you probably don't have a choice, but if you do have a choice do not use this company.

Warning!! Do not do business with this company. Absolutely horrible place to do business with. Customer service is non-existent, unauthorized charges to credit cards, insensitive workers who couldn't care any less about the consumer's health issues. There are other companies out there, please just stay away from this one. Read the reviews... ALL ARE BAD!! One star is too much for this company. Is there a negative rating I can give??

First off, my oxygen level — while in the hospital — was 93-94. Due to one person's reading (after a 2-minute walk/trot) read 88. I believe he was a Apria rep. He said that I "needed oxygen at Level 1." I did NOT want the oxygen machine nor the tanks. Apria showed up at my home shortly after I was released from the hospital. The rep was not in the mood to demonstrate nor explain usage. I was left with a very noisy machine and NO usage instructions. Because I felt that I didn't need the machine nor the tanks, I had to wait for a appointment with my doctor to get a letter faxed to Apria to get all of their machinery picked up. They seem to be "in it for the money." I do NOT like this company nor would I recommend their services.

I was wondering why people even have this company any star then I realized it meant very dissatisfied. I haven't reviewed any companies until now but have to voice my complaint. My daughter had foot surgery 6 days ago and had to go back to the university shortly after. I went through my insurance and was sent to Apria and I was told that the recommended knee scooter would be sent before end of business day 2 days ago. I called on that day to see what time the delivery would be and I was told that they only had the order but not the authorization number so I had to call the insurance to ask them to resend the authorization number. This is after I've been rerouted to 2 different departments and been on hold for 40 minutes.

When I call Apria again to see if they got it they tell me that they will expedite it and try to get it to me the same day. Of course that doesn't happen so I call the next day and I'm told they are working to expedite it to get it to me the same day. Today I call again and this time I'm told that "did they tell you there is a back order and we need your credit card for a deposit". Of course I tell them I was never told about either issue and then they tell me to call another department tomorrow. I ask how much deposit is needed and they don't know - and I have to call the billing department. I told them the billing department told me how much the rental is but they never asked for my credit card or a deposit. Still I give my card number so there won't be any reason for a hold up due to something I could have done anything about.

It's just so frustrating since I am told that it is coming and then to get different messages when I call to check up. Of course it's only been a few days but in the meantime my daughter is trying to rush between buildings on her crutches without putting any weight on her operated foot. I'm sure others have worse experiences but I don't know why the insurance even bothers to use their services when they are so inefficient. I have an order number but no receipt because this is billed through my insurance and I don't get the receipt until after I get the bill.

On Jan. 5, 2017, I ordered CPAP supplies from Apria for my husband using his new Medicare Part B insurance plan. I made the mistake of giving Apria my credit card rather than waiting for the claim to go through our insurance to find out how much was our responsibility. Since my husband was in desperate need of a new mask, and to prevent a delay in having the supplies shipped to us, I provided my credit card. I was charged $79.46. When we received an Explanation of Benefits from our insurance company we discovered we were only responsible for $34.31. After hours of sitting on hold and explaining the issue I kept being told there was still one outstanding bill (there wasn't).

I called Apria multiple times and our insurance carrier called them multiple times, but our request for credit was ignored. I finally contacted our credit card company and filed a credit dispute for the amount we were overcharged. Thanks to Citi Card we received the credit in less than 48 hours. I will never do business with Apria again!

We bought a CPAP thru Apria in July of 2015. Their billing is so terrible. They could not bill our insurance correctly, put us in collections and after finally paying the balance just to get them off our backs, they say we still owe $160.00. I have requested a copy of our statement and have yet to receive anything.

Apria's customer service is absolutely awful. When I ordered my CPAP machine through them, I specifically asked about whether I would be receiving the nasal mask that I had slept with at my test. I was erroneously told this was correct. Instead, I received a type of mask that I can't wear and knew I would never want. When I called to correct it, I was told to get a new RX from my doctor or to use up my 1 free mask fitting. I got the new RX but no one returned my call re: next steps.

When I called, they then tell me that the RX wasn't sufficient and that it needed info on the brand of mask. Only after triple checking did they then tell me that not only do they need to specific brand of mask but also the size. If I hadn't asked, it would have been a 3rd or 4th request to my doctor, all while not having a CPAP and sleeping poorly! I finally asked to speak to a manager and he did absolutely nothing - I still have to use my one free mask fitting to correct THEIR mistake. I will NEVER use them again for ANYTHING.

I have been trying to get an SD card to get a download for at least a month! It all started when I placed an order for new CPAP supplies. Never got them! Called them and they said they needed a 90 day download and that they called and told us that! We never got a call! So I have been trying to get an SD card for almost a month so we can get supplies! They are very rude, disrespectful and very unhelpful thru Apria's "so called" call center! They also don't want you to speak to a supervisor, they always find a way to hang up on you. They figure if they get you mad enough you won't do anything about it! But I have had more than enough dealing with this unhelpful company! I would advise anyone looking to using a Healthcare company not to use Apria!

I have never done business with such an incompetent company. I'm feeling rather postal right now, if you get my drift. I changed insurance January 1st. Apria took a month before calling my insurance. They were given verification of coverage, allegedly, but continued to bill my old insurance. Now, after 4 months, they called to say they were picking up their equipment because they have received no payment. They've received no payment because they never invoiced me or my current insurance, no statements, no phone calls. I have received texts that I should log in or call and I am unable to do either. The phone number provided usually leads me to the Philippines to someone who doesn't know what equipment I have and the text links don't work. I have now been told that Apria isn't in my network and that I owe them more than $800.

My insurance, Christus Health Plan, which is also incompetent gave them the wrong information. I am going to research ConsumerAffairs and make a consumer report against Apria. This company is unethical, immoral, inept, incompetent and inefficient. At the end of every phone call they always say, "Thank you for being the best part of Apria." What a joke. I wish I could leave 10 negative stars. Avoid this company like the plague.

I have them on auto pay with Chase Bank and according to Chase Bank they have received their money every month, but we get notifications every month. The payment is $26.00 a month but it is behind over $100.00. Chase sent it, if they didn't get it who did? I agree with the people above. They have very poor customer service. Jerry ** for Chuck Church. Please Apria, get your act together because you do have the product and the potential to do very well. Thank you.

I have been with Apria for a couple of years and have had so many problems with my orders. First of all I have insurance and Medical so payment is in full but they needed a credit card on file. And one month there was a bill on my account for supplies. And when I questioned it they discovered they made a mistake but could not credit my account but would have to send me 2 checks and I would get them the following week. But I had to follow up with numerous calls to get my money back.

I have received bills because they put things on me in their system wrong. Then I kept receiving robo calls from them regarding supplies aND now I can't seem to get supplies. They took my order but did not send anything. And then I went online and ordered and only got one thing. And then I tried to go back online to place the rest of my order again and my password would not work and it has been 2 days and I am still waiting for an email from them to reset It! Has anyone filed a class action suit against them?

Went to pick up my CPAP machine and mask. The person who tried to help me was just the receptionist. I was told a respiratory specialist was going to custom fit me. The machine is high tech basically showed me the on off button and how to attach the hose and mask. Seem abrupt and rude and like she hated her job. I would not have gone there if the insurance company did not give me their name and address and phone number. I came home and had to look thru the book that came with the machine and many features that were not even mentioned so how do I know if I am getting the best from the machine?? Don't go there - Palm Beach Gardens Florida location.

I am VERY disappointed in Apria. I received an order for my CPAP machine on 2/3/17. It is now 4/18/17 and I still do not have the machine. I have had to contact both of my insurance carriers. I obtained the denial letter from my Primary insurance myself and have now faxed that to Apria. I called my secondary insurance this morning, as I was placed on hold for 30 mins with Apria, and I was told from them that Apria has NOT submitted for a reauthorization. I am looking at ways of filing a grievance as I am being denied access to a machine that my MD has deemed "Medically Necessary". I am a healthcare worker and I can not understand this delay of service. I do not know how a company with this type of customer service is still allowed to function and will definitely would not recommend this company to ANYONE.

I am writing today to express my frustration about being forced to work with this company. I am a discharge planner and have been for many years. I absolutely dread working with them and I only have to when it is insurance related. They are not concerned for their patients, they do not understand (or care about) the urgency of acquiring DME for medically compromised patients. I have seen it take anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months for them to deliver even a single piece of DME to a patient. I have been forced to send people home, because insurance stops paying, with nothing. And this breaks my heart and it compromises the health and well-being of the patient. I have filed formal complaints with Apria and received NOTHING back. This company simply don't care. I do not recommend anyone using them... EVER! If your insurance tells you this is who they contract with, insist on another DME provider!

Every time the company change the machine it doesn't work. They have to come back 2-3 times when finally works for a few months. I'm on the oxygen machine 24/7. Every time I call it's whole day project.

Have been using Apria for at least 12 years. They sent me a box of CPAP supplies like clockwork, even stuff I didn't use with my CPAP. I gave up trying to convince them to drop some of the supplies, but after numerous calls to my Orlando APRIA with no success, I started putting them in the closet. Cigna was paying for all of this. Then I get switched over to Medicare as my primary and CIGNA goes to secondary, and this is when a different problem begins. I have called the Orlando APRIA 3 times, spoken with 3 different reps who tell me that Medicare is handled differently, and thus someone will call me back. Never a callback. I am now sending off a letter to the corporate offices regarding my lack of help from Orlando and researching a new company to service my CPAP.

I purchased a CPAP machine through Apria in January 2016. As required by Medicare it was setup as a rental for the first 13 months. Needless to say trying to deal with Apria Corporate to even get the machine is an unbelievable story, but that story is not for now. Throughout 2016 Apria billed Medicare and of the Medicare approved amount that was not paid, my BCBS supplemental paid Apria. In January 2017, I received notice from BlueCross/BlueShield of a rejected billing from Apria. I immediately called Apria billing office and was informed that my account showed no open balance and that I would need to wait until they received notice from BCBS. I checked with Medicare and Medicare had approved the typical amount but applied it to my deductible. This deductible amount was billed to BCBS.

I called BCBS and they informed me that they had rejected the billing from Apria because Apria had failed to accurately complete the billing code. I then called Apria and talked with billing once more. This time as the previous time as well as the next time - waited over 45-55 minutes on telephone hold. The billing clerk provided me with her name and told me that yes they had received a rejection from BCBS. I asked about rebilling and was informed that they do not rebill regardless of the reason, even if they make the error. I then asked if I could get BCBS on the phone with Apria to resolve the issue. They said yes, but that I would be responsible for the error.

I then asked if there was a number BCBS could call that they would not have to wait an hour like I did on the phone. They gave me a number and assured me that the BCBS call would be put through. I called BCBS and was informed that my plan pays for all deductibles and copays and that Apria had not coded the billing form correctly. I asked if they would be willing to contact Apria and they asked me to hold while they called on another line. After 10 minutes, they got back on the line with me and informed me that they were on hold and transferred to an auto answering system. BCBS told me that they would pass the information I provided on to claims and noted that I requested a return call. As of this date 4/10/17 I have not received a return call from Apria.

I file a complaint with BBB stating Apria was deceptive in failing to disclose their policy of not rebilling even if they make a mistake in billing and the company's failure or willingness to provide me with a detailed billing statement that I could use to submit to BCBS if I paid Apria. They had instructed me to get the billing information from BCBS. Apria responded with denying that I even had an account or any balance. As soon as I received Apria's reply through BBB, I called Apria's billing office and was informed that I still had the balance on my account. I rejected Apria's response and citing billing account numbers, model number of machine, and eventually sent a copy of my statement from Apria. BBB forward my rejection of Apria's denial of an account along with additional information.

Apria finally replies with the fact I did not have an Account with Apria, that they had no reason to pursue collections, and apologized for taking up BBB's time. BBB informed me that since Apria had answered my complaint, it would show up in their records as Apria responded to the complaint, but that I would not accept it. My God where is the impartiality to the truth even through BBB when Apria denial is completely untruthful. I just got a bill from Apria for the amount that I don't owe and in the account that I don't have open.

So, now I have turned to my insurance agent to see if he can apply some pressure to BCBS to approve the claim. Rest assured I have copies of all receipts, email messages, phone call notes and names of people I have talked with - as described above. As quickly as this issue is resolved I will transfer all my health care durable equipment, etc needs to a local provider. This Company is no longer viable. Check it out with consumer agencies and reporting bodies nationally.

I have been a customer of Apria for BPAP machine since 2010. I (my insurance company, which I pay good money to have) have paid them in excess of $15K in rental for this machine. July 2016 I was billed for yet another few months of rental. I called them to ask how long we would have to continue rental before it was considered owned. The customer rep discussed with someone for a while and then came back on line to tell me that I had been paying for over 5 years, that I did not owe them for these charges, and I would not receive any more bills for this or future rental. There was no mention of any pending balance with insurance or any other aspect just that it was no longer owed. As she communicated, I did not receive another bill from them or any other communication, until... Fast forward one year, I get a bill for over $1000 for rental for April to July 2016, the balance that the customer rep one year earlier said that I no longer owed.

I have spent over an hour and a half on the phone with them trying to resolve this to no avail. When one customer rep could not resolved I would ask to be transferred to the next level of support. (Conveniently,) the phone was disconnected during transfer - twice. When calling back in, they would not transfer me to the same rep I talked to before (even though I had the name) nor would they would not transfer me to the next level of support without me rehashing the entire conversation again with them. I finally made my way to "Level 3 support" and after another round of explaining the situation made no headway in them acknowledging that they had struck this balance last year.

When I asked to speak to someone in "Level 4", they said there was none. So I asked for name of who I needed to talk to over his head. He would not transfer me nor give me a name and abruptly ended the call by saying "Have a good afternoon... and thank you for using Apria..." and hung up on me. It is unacceptable that I (conveniently) got disconnected when attempting to escalate, one is forced to rehash the situation over and over again with a new customer rep when calling back in (even if the name of the previous rep is known) or when you do get bumped to next level of service (I use the term loosely since it doesn't exist at Apria), someone has the nerve to hang up on a customer. Unless a customer is talking with the CEO, there is always someone over their head that may like to hear complaints and work something out.

Apria Healthcare Company Profile