Find the right portable oxygen concentrator for you.

We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

3.12/5

Jackson, TN

1364 Apria Healthcare Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 7, 2019

Shell. Wrong O2 a week ago & after finally promising to correct today, they didn't get ordered. I can't breathe in my house due to not reaching. I have to crawl upstairs where there's no air. It's absurd how they leave a person with terminal disease gasping literally. NEVER AGAIN.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to learn more about the concern that prompted your review. Please email us with your full name, phone number, and reference number 707402 so we can reach out to you.

Original review: June 6, 2019

My doctor has requested oxygen, a portable oxygenator thru Apria. Every time I call it's same old story we don't have the prescription or paperwork. Last time they asked to fax so I personally watched doctor fax it not once but 2 days in a row. Called this evening and they say still no paperwork. What kinda place is this, all they can say is go to local branch. Hello I need oxygen for a reason and not one all that close. Besides if you wan't to be a medical supplier do your job, what else is it gonna take to receive a fax?? Perhaps someone should keep equipment up to date or monitor. This isn't first time I have had problem. Was same crap with CPAP machine. This place needs to get their crap together. It's pitiful. Am gonna look for someone who can get the job done without having to calling them everyday.

Apria Healthcare response

Your opinion matters to us. Would you please email us with your full name and contact details so we can follow up with you? Include reference number 707395.

Original review: June 6, 2019

All I originally wanted was a new nasal pillow. Apria said that Medicare needed a face to face visit with my doctor and a sleep study done. The face to face with my doctor occurred on March 7. A home sleep study was done and the doctor ordered as per Apria/Medicare regulations. All of the information was faxed to the Apria people, but I kept getting phone calls that they had not received them. Apria then said that they were missing the face to face visit and doctor's order. These had been sent at least four times by the doctor's office. I personally saw them fax it twice! And, yes, both the nurse and I asked Apria to verify the number to which it needed to be faxed. Finally, in desperation, I took both "missing" documents to the Ocala, FL Apria business, making sure that my physician had signed them. The lady there faxed them and assured me that they would both be on file.

The next time they called me, they said that they had the doctor's order but not the face to face document. I called later and asked to speak to a supervisor. I was finally put through to Michelle. I asked her if she had the March 7 doctor's report. She said yes, so I asked her to look at page 3, where it said, "here for CPAP supplies." She said that it didn't order the sleep study, which was what she needed. I then had to ask her three times to go to page 4, where it gave the order for the sleep study. She finally agreed that they had all the paperwork and put me through to Kevin, who verified my address. I had moved north for the summer, so that was confusing to them. I asked that I receive nasal pillows at least three times with people, including Kevin, and I was assured that they put that down in their notes.

Later, another man from Apria called and asked for my insurance information. After they checked that my insurance would cover it completely and my deductible was satisfied, he asked for my credit card number. I still don't understand why they need that now, since my insurance covered it completely. Anyway, the box with a new machine and trappings arrived yesterday, MINUS the nasal pillows. I tried the mask that they sent last night and it was miserable. I would never recommend this company to anyone.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 702776.

Original review: June 6, 2019

Got a Prescription for new sleep apnea machine in January 2018. After receiving machine from Apria and leaving my card for auto payments (big mistake) the overcharges and frustrating Apria rep calls with no resolution. I paid the balances. The machine was paid for November 16, 2019. This confirmed with United Healthcare rep on conference call. Balance owing December 2018 was $0.00 free at last!! Wait for it... April 25, 2019 received statement with charge for $ 430.00 for Equipment rental. Apria is claiming the insurance does not want to pay! Yep they finished paying in November and that’s what happens when you're finished, you stop paying.

Nine frustrating calls to Apria in May, two (2) of them conference call with insurance provider where Apria admitted that the equipment was paid in full, their reasoning is that Medicare will do 13 payments instead of 10 as agreed as per our contract. Time to get Attorney General and Medicare Fraud. I am turning 69 years old, have dealt with shady companies many times. These guys are terrible. This is the first time in my life I write one of these complaint. Trust me it’s not because I’m bored. If you had the good sense to read this before dealing with them, run don’t walk.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to better understand what prompted you to write this review. Please send us your full name, city, and phone number, along with the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 702804.

Original review: June 5, 2019

I was referred to this group by my hospital. They were to supply all my CPAP needs. I do not have a copay. BC/BS is primary and Medicare is secondary. I have updated my insurance for the past 6 months only to find they have not billed Medicare my secondary insurance. They have reported me non payment for $63.02. Medicare would have paid this if Apria Healthcare had billed them. I am still trying to have them bill Medicare and also struggling to have this bill removed from my credit report. I am surprised, after reading reports of others' experiences, that major insurance companies have not sued Apria Healthcare for insurance fraud. I will never use them again for fear of greater exposure to unethical business practices.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number [699622].

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

Original review: June 4, 2019

Apria took over from a previous company to supply a CPAP and supplies. They did so in April 2018. I tried to order supplies in June 2018, but was told that I hadn't had a face-to-face appointment with my sleep specialist, which is required in order to obtain supplies. I actually had seen my sleep specialist, so I called their office and asked them to contact Apria to confirm this. I waited a couple of weeks and called Apria again; once again, they said that I hadn't had the required appointment mentioned above and therefore couldn't receive supplies.

I continued to call Apria every three to four weeks through December 2018. In other words, this same situation continued for six months. Every time I tried to order supplies, I would receive a letter saying that I had not had my required face-to-face appointment. The sleep center where my provider practices had contacted Apria over ten times, each time confirming that I had had the required appointment. Fast forward to Dec. 2018. I got a call that I would receive a new CPAP machine, even though the one I had was supplied by Apria in April 2018. Of course, I had to start over again with making payments on the new machine, which machine was not even needed or asked for by my sleep specialist or by myself.

I tried once again in January to order supplies for my new CPAP, and ONCE AGAIN was told in a letter dated 1/15/2019 from the Apria Healthcare Billing Department that I had to have the face-to-face appointment! As before, I asked the sleep clinic to send documentation to Apria that I had had the appointment. I then had another appointment with my sleep specialist. Finally, I went into the sleep center on 3/21/2019 and had one of the sleep techs _call the local Apria office_. The rep at Apria made excuses that someone was on vacation but that they would be sure to get me my supplies to me within ten days.

The supplies never came. I then tried to order supplies this past Friday, 5/31/2019, and then was told that I couldn't obtain supplies because I had a bill with Apria that was sent to collection! I always paid my bills online, and never missed one payment. So this is the result since April 2018. I have had to reuse supplies over and over; my filter, mask, headgear, cushion--they're all filthy because I haven't had supplies in _one year and two months_! I am reporting Apria to Medicare in hopes that they can review their business practices.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to better understand the concern you are describing. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 699984.

Original review: June 2, 2019

Updated on 06/17/2019: RE: Previous review correspondence with Apria, when I called them with# associated with your review, Grace ask what I wanted then hung up on me. I wrote a response on Consumer Affairs, Apria responded with an extension to call back. Voicemail box full, I have been recording all calls with Apria, as they also record all calls. I switched DME companies and Forms signed and sent to Apria to pick up their home unit and oxygen bottles, since Apria no longer providing portable concentrator per my conversation 5/31/19. I’ve called numerous times to call center and the local office. No response or advancement in getting their equipment picked up. Today I went thru automated option At call center # requesting pick up of all Apria equipment. Apria didn’t deserve the one star, but you can’t continue with review unless you chose a star rating. Never good idea to go thru overseas call center. I can’t recommend Apria!

Original Review: Chose Apria because they advertised they had Inogen One G3 on my RX with a home unit too. My Dr's office had been contacted by local patient liaison in the past. Local office got my home unit in days. Then the nightmare began. After I got home unit the local company would not return phone calls. Went down there at least 3 times. Was told they were trying get Acceptable documents from Dr. which I now understand from Dr office local office DID NOT CONTACT THEM. Call center in Philippines, (Inbound ONLY call center. They CAN'T CALL YOU!!!! SAY they will but they can’t) their agents speak broke English. Most don’t understand the English language or know how to spell. Each time you get a different story where you RX is in their process.. Qualification Team, Authorization Team, Processing Team. Apria has a 30 day deadline to get approved by their Teams.

My Dr faxed my entire file again on day 25. (At least the 3rd time) The agent Mark said it was all there and approved and now in Processing Team. I would get a call tomorrow. They never called, after I made more calls a week later I was told that APRIA No longer carry portable Oxygen Concentrators, only bottles. And I should contact my insurance company to see who does offer Portable oxygen concentrator. They get you locked in to them with your home unit then your only choice is to purchase one yourself because you're an established patient. After 3 months of Drs appts, time and money I hear the truth.

I ask if they had concentrators for sale, they said NO but THey are for sale on Their Website, another lie.. I was mislead. For 2 months I worked diligently to meet their demands. They could and should have been honest up front. Apria caused a lot of work, phone calls for my Dr and her crew only to find out their time and energies with Apria was a waste of their time and at my healths expense my stress and loss of quality of life. I can’t travel to my Drs out of state without oxygen. There needs to be a class action Lawsuit for Elder. Abuse! People's lives are in jeopardy when they need oxygen. New Mexico

Apria Healthcare response

We want to speak with you about this. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 693455.

Original review: June 1, 2019

My husband uses an oral CPAP mask. This mask comes w/ the parts; the one used to breathe and also headgear. The mfg of this mask states they do not sell the mask and headgear separate. There are no different model numbers for the mask and headgear, it is one unit with two pieces. Apria, however, submits two claims to insurance. One for the mask and one for the headgear. After insurance denied the 2nd claim because it was not an allowed charge, we received a bill for $87 and were told to leave if we didn't like their billing practices. We would gladly leave if there was another company that offered this mask. The best analogy I can use if you went to a car dealer, bought a new car and then were charged separately for a gas pedal. The mfg of the car provides the gas pedal with the purchase of a new car and therefore you would not be charged for one separately. However, that is exactly what Apria is doing with this mask.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to speak with you about this. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 693445.

Original review: May 31, 2019

We have been fighting with them for over a year now. They have no clue what they are doing. They also billed my credit card over $800! We got that removed after months of calling and dealing with India. Now we find out they are still charging insurance for a CPAP machine I never received for the rental of this "Fake" machine they supposedly sent us. So many complaints about Apria and no one does anything about it!!! This is why our insurance is so expensive. Anthem Blue Cross keeps paying the bill without even checking up with us.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to better understand the concern you are describing. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 693396.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Their customer service department is a complete joke. No one speaks English clearly and they barely understand you. Then, they tell you a bogus amount of money is owed as a deductible when you know for certain your deductible is $0. I am not paying them almost $300 for some magically conceived deductible. I wish my employer would pick a better DME company, because every time I have to order something from Apria I get the runaround. This is what happens when we offshore our companies, people.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number [693399].

Original review: May 31, 2019

If your insurance provider ever refers you to Apria, run for the hills and demand to be sent to another medical device supply company! It took them almost 6 months to get me my APAP machine, which was all due to their incompetence. This resulted in me having to pay full price for it due to the new year starting and my deductible being refreshed. They then sent me a bunch of equipment I did NOT order and charged me for it! They refuse to take it off my bill even though I sent it back to them and now if I don't pay, we all know what happens to my credit. So I have a $650 bill that should be about $150. How there isn't a class action lawsuit against them is beyond me. Run, run, run! I would not recommend them to anybody. If I could give negative stars, I would.

Hi Richard,

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 693408.

Original review: May 31, 2019

I have dealt with a lot of Healthcare providers, pharmacies, etc and this is about the poorest Customer Service I have ever received. I have wasted more time than I care to think about on hold waiting. The other day, I got shuttled around 3 times before I finally got to the right person - and then they couldn't give me any relevant information. I am actively searching for another supplier. There HAS TO BE a better company for CPAP service.

Apria Healthcare response

Your opinion matters to us. Would you please email us with your full name and contact details so we can follow up with you? Include reference number 693388.

Original review: May 30, 2019

I have dealt with Apria for 5 years but no more. They seem to be in the business of trying to get you to pay instead of your insurance company. The last two times I have had my "100% CPAP covered great insurance" denied. Last time I was denied, it took me at least 8 hours and 10 calls to straighten it out. They just sent me a bill and I am going to pay it because I switched insurance and doctors so I don't have to deal with them anymore. My last batch was fully insured and but I can't go there anymore. It will take 8 hours of my life and it's not worth it. My time is worth more than the $288 dollars. It really is.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to speak with you about this. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number [688266].

Original review: May 29, 2019

Company bills before filing claims with insurance provider. Billing specialists are from outside US and follow a script. They have no idea what they are saying and try to double talk you. I have had to call several times because first no claims were sent to insurance (even though bill states that it was) had to explain to billing specialist that I can see if a claim was sent. Then Oxygen claim was never sent, just for compressor and nebulizer. Then they try to bill above the allowed amount by insurance provider. Had insurance company call to tell them their billing practices were illegal and they haven't sent claims for O2.

This is still an ongoing problem. The missing claims and illegal bills are "under investigation" whatever that means. Now my VERY SICK mother is getting automated calls to pay a bill she doesn't owe. And still haven't gotten notification of the portable O2 concentrater approval that my mother's Dr. sent them on 4/16/19. They require 30 business days to complete their end of sending auto request to insurance. I was a medical biller/coder for over 20 years. They also end EVERY call asking you to sign up for autopay!! No one should ever sign up for auto pay. Per insurance my mom owes less than $20. Her current bill is over $90 per them. If this isn't resolved soon they will be reported to our AG for fraud investigation.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 685881.

Original review: May 29, 2019

I wish I had read reviews before doing ANY business with this company. When my insurance changed, I contacted them to let them know and they told me they were a participating provider. They lied. They then charged way more than the price of a machine. I returned the machine and was told my account was taken care of. Months later I received a call threatening collections if I did not pay, I called, it was researched and I was told I did not owe anything.

Now 10 months has gone by and I received another call threatening collections. I have not received ANY statements. When I contacted them, the rep Patricia was of no assistance. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and first they were “on a call” and I pressed harder to speak to a supervisor and she “had left for a meeting”. I requested a printout of my account including all of the notes on the account which was denied. I requested the supervisor contact me the next day at a specific time and they did not. After talking to friends and acquaintances, none have had good experiences. The company boasts about working on a partnership with Medicare (not my insurance) on their on-hold message but hopefully officials will read reviews before the do business with this company with unethical business practices.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 685621.

Original review: May 29, 2019

My son is a quadriplegic and his nurse case manager coordinated an order for a Hoyer lift. The case manager requested a referral, got insurance authorization and confirmed that Apria Received all required documents. I started getting phone calls saying there was a problem with the prescription, I kept checking with Dr office and they kept sending new prescriptions. Each time I called Apria they continued to say inappropriate prescription. No Communication with anyone in the know at Customer Services. Eight days later and I still get the same response from Apria who can't ever explain who they have talked with at Dr Office. Refuse to send transcripts of calls. TERRIBLE company, I am trying to get UCDavis Medical Group to switch this Durable Medical Equipment.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 683805.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I've been waiting for a wheelchair for a month and customer service kept getting my insurance number wrong after reading it to them several times. Then they spelled my name wrong after also spelling it to them several times. I keep getting people with heavy accents that repeat the same questions over and over like asking for my height and weight and saying they didn't get the information when they call me but that wasn't the only information they had wrong. They still had my name or my insurance spelled wrong as well.

They kept delaying ordering my wheelchair and on top of that they have a ridiculous amount of time that you can rent it for. I would rather have my insurance straight up buy one for the amount of money they are probably going to get for the several months I actually am going to be renting it for. I went to go look online for my order finally after finding out the the automated system that I could look there and it still says I didn't have an order so I called back and spent a really long time on the phone just trying to find my order even when given an account # and all my info just to be told that they deliver between 5 am and 9:45.

Now I can't leave the house to take my kids to school because I'm waiting here instead of on the day several days ago when it was supposed to be delivered and my kids didn't have school. It would have been more convenient not to wait all day when told it would be ordered just to find out later that there was no order and now today not even sure if it will actually come. I hope they don't get paid until the chair is actually delivered because I haven't got it yet and they said they get paid for the whole month for me to use it. Would give 0 star if I could.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 683673.

Original review: May 24, 2019

My Pulmonologist re-verified my requirement and insurance eligibility for 24/7 oxygen therapy - and, wrote a prescription for the home oxygen concentrator and the portable oxygen concentrator. When the POC was delivered (no prior phone call for an appointment), I was informed Apria will only provide either the home unit or the POC - since I do not require CPAP.

I was in the process of switching from one supplier who left town without warning, and was informed I would need to wait 60-days due to a Medicare requirement. I spoke with more than one person at the Local Office and was never told by anyone of their Policy not to provide both oxygen concentrators. I have have had two suppliers prior to Apria and was shocked when told of their Policy. How is it Apria would fail to adequately informed me? If I had been told, I would have contacted other possible suppliers of oxygen therapy equipment. The Local Office definitely requires better training for staff. And, their absolute obligation to be up-front and candid about what they will and will not provide appears to be more than inadequate training. IT ABSOLUTELY APPEARS TO BE DECEPTIVE BUSINESS PRACTICE --- IF NOT FRAUD.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 681842.

Original review: May 23, 2019

I have not received the machine yet but I have been given the runaround by the 800 # people. It is clear that it is not the customer service representative's issue. They have been very kind, however, they have not been given adequate tools to assist customers. I've received multiple voicemails from Apria. I've called the number they told me to call only to be told that the machine is at the local branch. They will not give me the number to the local branch. Even local appearing numbers send you back into customer no-service hell. I'm calling my insurance company to see if they'll approve a different medical equipment provider. If this is the beginning before I've received a machine, I can't even imagine how I would get help if there are issues with the machine after I receive it. This company has lived up to every single review that I've read. I could not find a positive review of the company.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 681792.

Original review: May 23, 2019

My doctor ordered a Bi-pap machine through this company. I was initially told it would be five business days to fill the order. It's been weeks and not only has Apria not filled the order but they are misrepresenting the reason for not filling the order, telling me that my doctor has not provided proper settings for the machine. Numerous calls placed to the doctor's office have confirmed that the doctor provided this information several times. When I called Apria and asked to speak with a supervisor, I was placed on hold and then the call was terminated. When I called back and again asked to speak with a supervisor, I was told that someone would call me back. They never did. At this point, I am going to beg my doctor to use a different company and call my insurance company to report this company's behavior.

Apria Healthcare response

Your opinion matters to us. Would you please email us with your full name and contact details so we can follow up with you? Include reference number 677903.

Original review: May 21, 2019

How can Apria not have a system in place to process prescriptions when they are able. My script is not valid until May 29 and I have been told to call back multiple times to get it set up. They have the prescription. How come they can not hold it and process it on May 29 instead of making me call back? Shouldn't a large company be able to file these away until it is time to process???

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to better understand what prompted you to write this review. Please send your full name and phone number along with the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 676042.

Original review: May 21, 2019

Updated on 07/01/2019: I have wrote a prior complaint on May 21 and did get a response. Jolanda told me I would get a refund in 7 to 14 days. Have not received nothing. I have been calling every day and cannot get a response. I called last week and was told they would resubmit it. Now the refund amount has changed. I cannot believe this company cannot get anything right. I swore I was going to drop them but Jolanda guaranteed me everything has been rectified. Well guess what, it has not. Read first complaint for more detail. I have been dealing with this since February 4, 2019.

Original Review: I have been dealing with your company since February for a refund. I have called several times and my insurance co. has called also. I keep getting a runaround that I owe them. My insurance co. tells them my equipment is paid at 100%. They insist it is only 90%. I have never been charged for anything until Feb. 4, 2019. Feb 4 they took $20.46, Feb. 16 $1.48. They assured me they would cancel my automatic payment card and on May 1, 2018 took another $10.28. Now they are telling me I owe them money. I will not pay. On April 10, 2019 Ms. Holly Ann spoke with your co, and they told her disregard the bill. Reference code is **. I do not want to deal with your co. any longer.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 676022.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Apria is the worst. If you have in home oxygen, they don't show up to service it, going on 2 years now and if you have CPAP they'LL call, but do nothing. Finding out how I can switch because they are the worst. And customer service is outside of the USA and they clearly do not speak or understand English.

Apria Healthcare response
We would like to learn more about the concern that prompted your review. Please email us with your full name, phone number, and reference number 672711

so we can reach out to you

Original review: May 18, 2019

I was provided with a wound vac which I used from November to December. Insurance covered it 100%, so imagine my surprise when I received a $1200 bill 5 months later. The rep told me that my claim was submitted to my insurance company and this was my deductible. I knew I'd met my deductible so I called my insurance company. Not only had I met my deductible, but my claim was never submitted by the doctor who ordered the equipment. These conversations took place on 5/17/19. My insurance company had a hold put on the bill until they resolve it.

Today, one day later, my credit card bill arrived, and Apria had billed that card for the same $1200, on April 26th. Back when I got the equipment I gave them a credit card to ensure the equipment was returned, not for billing. They billed my credit card anyway and were still ready to take another $1200. How does this even add up? No one knows what they are doing here and I will never use or recommend them. Ever.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to better understand the concern you are describing. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number [970978].

Original review: May 18, 2019

I have a bipap machine and it's been 2 months since I'm waiting for someone to help me adjust my settings. My primary faxed numerous prescriptions and I get no call back. The one time I did the sleep analyst said he wasn't qualified to adjust settings, but he felt the settings weren't that high. Yet he is not in my shoes. At no time was I shown how to set it up properly. Other friends have the machine and a representative came to do a full lesson on proper use and cleaning. My previous experiences with customer service is that they will call and nobody ever calls. They claim a call was made and was closed out as finalized but I never speak to anyone except one time when I was told they couldn't help. I placed a call today and for the 10th time I am told someone will call back. I expressed my frustration and the customer service girl started yelling at me.

Then I asked to speak to a manager, so I was placed on hold only to have her come back and say there is no supervisor and they never come in on Saturday. My next question was why did you place me on hold for 4 minutes if you already knew that. This company is no help and not sure why BCBS would outsource this unprofessional company. Reading from the reviews on Consumer Affairs it looks like I'm not the only one. Did I mention that now the insurance company wants the machine back for lack of use yet it feels like a hurricane inside the mask as my cheeks flap in the wind, my eyes burn from the amount of air shooting out of the hose through the small holes. Maybe they will help with the appeal, but they will probably blame me to cover their butt. I have some heart issues and I have a severe case of apnea. Please help me.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to speak with you about this. Please send your full name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 671002

Original review: May 16, 2019

Today will be the 8th appointment time I have set to try and have oxygen delivered to my home in a 2 week period. I call telling the representative that I am completely out of oxygen tanks, which I am, and they put my order in for delivery. They tell me the date, but can't give me a time frame or a reference number. So, I wait...all day..from 8 am to 10 pm. No one shows, no one calls. I call back the next day and the rep tells me they don't know what happebed, or I wasn't home when they tried to deliver, or they are only in my area on Tuesday so they don't know why this appointment time was even set. I am still without oxygen. Going now into week 3.

I have gotten letters from Apria telling me my equipment needs to be safety checked. So, I call, make an appointment..and no one shows and no calls explaining why. This is by far the worst company ever I have dealt with, ever! I have asked to speak to supervisors and was told they would need to call me back and they have never called me back..ever..not once. This is shameful and this company should be fined. Patricia **

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, zip code, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 667499.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have a CPAP Machine from Apria thru Kaiser medical insurance. Kaiser pays 100% for durable medical equipment under my plan and has done this for as long as I can remember. The CPAP machine is fine and works perfectly. A few months ago Apria began billing me directly instead of my insurance although nothing has changed on my insurance coverage. I keep calling and Apria keeps agreeing there is a mistake, but they don't correct it and the size of the bill keeps growing. Apria billing is a mess and they are unresponsive to customer requests for a billing correction. I will be asking my insurance company to find another provider due to sloppy Apria billing practices.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to speak with you about this. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number [667215].

Original review: May 15, 2019

My Dr. ordered oxygen supplies on April 16, 2019. it took four days and 14 phone calls to get the oxygen machine delivered - at 10:15PM. The refill equipment was faulty and we had to wait two days for that to be delivered. The portable oxygen concentrator was ordered on April 16th. Subsequent phone calls to Apria, someplace in India, stated the machine was on order, and took 5-30 days for delivery to be effected. May 15th - phone call to India and we are now told that there is a wait of 30 "business days." C/S rep suggested we talk to our insurance carrier, (Medicare) about getting a new provider. What an endorsement!

Apria Healthcare response

We want to speak with you about this. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 667226.

Original review: May 15, 2019

We returned oxygen equipment. Then they tried to charge us for the equipment... $8,000 for items you can easily buy on the Web for a tenth of that. And this is after we followed their return instructions to the letter! We have filed a fraud complaint with the state's attorney general.

Hi Kevin,

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 665269.

Original review: May 9, 2019

I work in an assisted living as a case manager. I have been waiting for oxygen for a patient that can breathe at night for over 6 months now. The patient's doctor has sent over 5 referrals and a respiratory order form. After many calls to them about the issue, and being hung up on twice. It is so sad that they can't get people the help they need. This use to be a good company but now is one of the worse oxygen companies.

Apria Healthcare response

Negative experiences are frustrating and we strive to understand all concerns posted online. If you are willing, please send your full name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 656048.

Apria Healthcare Company Information