1.11/5

Jackson, TN

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1213 Apria Healthcare Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Been trying to get a CPAP replaced after mine stopped working. Between Cigna, Care Centric and Apria they have wasted 4 weeks and I still don't know when I will get a CPAP. I have severe sleep apnea and am so frustrated that I am beside myself. They are not interested in my health but only their billing and insane approval process.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to speak with you about this. Please send your full name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 545023.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2019

Me and my wife have been on the phone many times to get these overcharges fixed with no help! Just got another bill today for over $200. I haven’t bought anything from you for many months! I have insurance that pays 90% of my bill! But you keep turning it in to the wrong insurance company. Calling the Better Business Bureau soon if not fix and with a refund made to my credit card!

Hi Kris,

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 543531.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

My father has been dependent on Oxygen for a few years now and we've been annoyed with Apria since day ONE, mainly because delivery appointments are rarely kept, they are often missed, not just once, but multiple times. My father can be waiting up to 2 weeks for a delivery that should have happened 2-3 times. That is completely unprofessional, seeming that someone has to be home for the delivery people are arranging their lives for these deliveries.

My father is generally home, BUT he does have Dr. appointments often due to his health, so these delivery appointments are made around his medical appointments, so when a delivery appointment is missed, it creates an inconvenience and sometimes stressful situation because we're left trying to figure out a schedule for who can be home for the delivery, ONLY for the delivery to be a NO SHOW AGAIN. What makes all this even more annoying is that calling Apria Customer Service is a JOKE. They need to add an option for "delivery no shows" for one, but overall, the experience of calling Apria is horrible.

Just this morning I spent a full 50 minutes on a call just being bounced around from one person to the next and being sent into automated messaging hell. By the 5th time of being transferred into a full circle, I demanded to speak to an actual person. There is NO WAY a phone call to find out why 2 deliveries were no shows and when my ill father's oxygen tanks will actually be delivered should take a 50 min phone call and at that I still did NOT get the information I needed. I ended up having to hang up while on hold because I had an appointment myself to get to.

I am appalled at the level of customer service this company has and why they are still in business in the first place is beyond me. I will definitely be calling my father's insurance company to see who else we can use, because this is gross. An ill person should not have to deal with the stresses of getting their medical supplies. Apria should be making sick lives easier, NOT harder.

Apria Healthcare response

Hello, Ms. Clara. We want to better understand the concern you are describing. Please send your full name, zip code, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your email, please also include reference number 543508. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

This company is the worst transaction I ever had. They lie too much to the patients. You need to call them at last 6 times and still my supplies not coming. Poor customer relation to the patients. Their reviews all over is so poor. They need to be reported.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to learn more about the concern that prompted your review. Please email us with your full name, phone number, and reference number 543495 so we can reach out to you.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2019

This company is SOOO bad with customer service, unreliable deliveries, picking up DME (after I was told it was only a rental...never knew my $20 TENS unit was a rental.) (Hard to return something without a place to send it, a number to call or knowledge it was a rental.) They have scheduled the pick up for Tuesday and still on Friday...no one has come by!!! They charge outrageous fees (contractual with insurance companies). My TENS unit (mind you, the VERY EXACT same one) is $16.95 on the internet! Why then, do I not know it's a rental that you will charge my insurance company $28.00 a month for 10 months???

POOR POOR customer service, just pass the buck!!! What if I had donated this TENS unit when I was finished with it??? Guess I would have been charged for the balance, since I changed insurance companies Jan 1st! My advice is...stay away from this company!!! From other reviews I have since read, this is a nationwide problem with this company!! I'm in Central Florida!!! I don't know how they are still in business!!!

Apria Healthcare response

Your opinion matters to us. Would you please email us with your full name and contact details so we can follow up with you? Include reference number 543479.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I had a CPAP machine from them, that was not functioning to my benefit. I tried multiple times to contact a customer service rep to help and could never get anyone on the line and left on hold forever. I returned the unit and cancelled my service. They contacted me 2 months later, saying that I have an open bill of $49. I paid them, just to get them out of my life. It is now 7 months later and they are trying to collect another $28 from me, saying that I still owe them money from March 2017. This is a scam company and I would never recommend them to anyone or trust a referral to their company. They are completely unorganized and a fraud.

Hi David,

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 543472.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2019

I have had four scheduled appoints in the past two months for them to service my equipment. They still haven't showed up. Wasted a lot of time to reschedule. They don't call and apologize. For not coming. Terrible customer service.

Apria Healthcare response

Hello, Lonnie. Your opinion matters to us and we would like to learn more about your concern. Could we please ask you to email us with your full name, zip code, contact details, and reference number 541197? Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have had Apria just over a year and everything was fine for the first 6 1/2 months. In June 2018 I get a bill stating I owed 2 months payments of 33.64... I called BILLING and spoke to someone I could barely understand... The number I have is SUPPOSED to be the Minster, Ohio office but when I follow the menu I get someone in Indonesia or some overseas company that barely speak English and you have to KEEP repeating to them or asking them what they said... Long story short I paid my bill and there was a rate increase I was never notified of... My original bill was 24.81 per month went to $33.64 per month. They are claiming I OWE 2 months @ $33.68 per month... I paid what I thought was my bill of 24.81 so the way I figure I owe 2 months difference between $33.64 and $24.81 which is 2 months @ $8.83 not 2 months @ $33.64. You are the worse company I have ever dealt with... And I WAS in Customer Service for 30 years.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 540039.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

My doctor put in an order for CPAP machine and supplies on 1/9/19, today's is 1/29/19 and I still haven't received it. I have never received such poor customer service from any company as I have with Apria. Reps are hard to understand, they call me and say machine is ready to be delivered, they are all overseas, they keep saying, "Oh this one" as though we are talking about multiple orders and do not have any compassion for their patients. I have been lied to over and over again. I was promised an email of a contract I needed to electronically sign and send back before they could deliver machine.

I never received it, it was excuse after excuse and I am really frustrated in trying to get the CPAP and supplies delivered. I ask what the status is of my machine and can't ever get any information, only excuses. About the email she tried to run by me a bunch of excuses, and I said, "You simply mean nothing has been done right," she finally broke down and said yes.

I called back and canceled my doctor's order, I cant take Apria anymore, I will go somewhere else for the equipment I need. The reps won't let you speak to a supervisor, they don't know the number to corporate, they didn't know when my contract would be sent to me although yesterday the man say look out for it that day. This company offers horrible customer service and no concern for patients at all. I still can't believe my experience.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 540044.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

I have been attempting to order a CPAP machine, and I have never been so appalled in all my life. "Customer Service" is the worst I've ever experienced. Reps call me 3 times a week and ask for a return call. When I call back, they ask why I have called. I say "I don't know. You called me." Then they ask for my address and date of birth and then mumble and stammer things that no one could ever understand. Sometimes a call with them will end and a few minutes later I get another call from someone else, again to verify the information I just gave someone else. I ask what the status is of my machine and can't get any information.

Sometimes they think I already have the machine. This has been going on for weeks. Now it's questions about insurance and no one can tell me what the process is, how long it will take, how much I have to pay, whether or not I have to also buy supplies, etc. One person tells me I have to contact my insurance company to verify something or other (Did I mention the mumbling?) then someone else will tell me that I don't have to do that because it's already done. Now they want my credit card information. I don't think so!

I now know that there are other companies through which I can get a machine, and I'm so relieved! To Apria - Instead of commenting on my review for me to contact you about my complaint, listen to those "recorded lines" and hear it for yourself. All of these reviews say the same thing. Read these reviews for understanding and then do something besides asking people to contact you.

Apria Healthcare response

Negative experiences are frustrating and we strive to understand all concerns posted online. If you are willing, please send your full name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 540035.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2019

Apria is by far the worse company I have ever dealt with in my entire life. They have had numerous billing errors with my insurance company over the years and you can never connect to a representative in the US without being placed on hold for almost an hour each time. I had finally decided I had enough and told my doctor to switch medical supply providers. Apria continued to send me medical supplies I had NOT ordered and I was NOT on some auto fill plan either. They fraudulently charged my insurance company as well. After attempting today to resolve the issue one more time and spending another 1 hour plus on hold with various reps in the Philippines, I simply said screw them and threw my bill in the trash. DON’T EVER USE THIS COMPANY OR PROVIDE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD NUMBER OR HOME TELEPHONE NUMBER. THEY ROBO CALL you practically every day.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to learn more about the concern that prompted your review. Please email us with your full name, phone number, and reference number 538230 so we can reach out to you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

My husband and I are both active duty when we started receiving our CPAP machine. Everything was fine until Oct 2018 when we received a bill. After calling Apria and Tricare we had to fax over a claim to Tricare. Again we get another bill the following month. I have dealt with this every month since Oct. Not sure how from Feb till Oct everything was fine. They say they support the military but wow I feel like we have to do their job every month since they are so incompetent. Every time I call Apria it is never anyone I can understand and I get the run around. They will try to get your credit card info but DO NOT give it to them. Go elsewhere for your medical supplies. Seriously run. If I could give negative reviews I would.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to speak with you about this. Please send your full name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 538203.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

Apria sent a bill to my ins in July. They filled out the statement wrong & was denied. In Sept they took $179.00 out of my credit card. I told them NEVER do that... Finally between BCBS & I calling they resubmitted & was paid. 12/18 STILL WAITING for them to send me my money. 2/19 I if I call they say "it is coming".

Hi Carol,

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 537116.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2019

DO NOT give this company your debit or credit card number for anything. We had meet our out of pocket max with our insurance. I told them this day one but they would not deliver oxygen without a card on file. I told them not to bill my card, well they charged us. Then they did not post the entire payment with my insurance. Apria billed my card on 10/19/18. The charge was posted to my account on 10/27/18. Claim was sent to insurance on 11/27 with notation I paid $3.80 when they actually charged me $32.53. Insurance claim showed patient responsibility $0.00. My insurance returned the $3.80 to us. I called Apria at this time and told them we did not owe them. They needed to refund us since we meet our out of pocket. They say they needed to review with Blue Cross. Then on 12/18 we received a paper bill that we owed $6.76.

We paid this since Apria called us twice and my husband was having issues and I did not have time to deal with it. Let us jump to 1/20/19. We received 6 EOB statements reflecting patient responsibility was $0.00. Apria bill my credit card on 12/31/18 $29.66, 1/1/19 $25.86 and then again on 1/21/19 $25.86. I called billing and was told by “7” Apria employees this was my 20% co-insurance. I explained to each we had meet our out of pocket. They would not listen. Then we had a conference call with my insurance company and three different Apria employees, they still insisted I owed this. After 14 hrs, talking with 10 Apria employees and two conference calls with my insurance company they finally allowed us to speak to claims. This employee told my insurance that I had made no payments. However I had gotten an itemized bill from them the day before reflecting my payments.

Then she said I would be responsible for the 2019 billing. I asked why? 'It is a new year!!' Well my insurance year is from June 1, 2018 to May 31, 2019. EOBs sent to them reflecting zero patient responsibility for 2019 also. Just an FYI I had told Apria three times that they were not to bill my credit card and to remove this from the account, it took me having to talk with four people to get it removed, how do I know this because with my calls they would tell me I had a card on file that my 20% responsibility was being charged. It is finally resolved but a lot of headaches, calls and time wasted. VERY VERY bad company to talk and work with. PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THEM access to your cards.

Apria Healthcare response

Negative experiences are frustrating and we strive to understand all concerns posted online. If you are willing, please send your full name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 534936.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

My husband is using a CPAP machine rented from Apria. They're trying to bill us almost $500 for not being "in compliance with the use of the machine." The last two months my husband was definitely in compliance. They're trying to say he uses the machine less and less every time I call. It's such a scam. You get the run around. They read off scripts. It's a terrible company to use. Rent your CPAP machine from someone else. I can buy one for almost the price they are trying to charge us for.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to learn more about the concern that prompted your review. Please email us with your full name, phone number, and reference number 534864 so we can reach out to you.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

This company is incompetent----too long on hold at least 15 min. took 6 mos. to get them to give the CORRECT fax # so the dr. could send the required documentation-they were so vague on what they needed the dr.s office had to call 3 times.--If you want reasonable, competent service please go somewhere else...

Apria Healthcare response

We want to better understand the concern you are describing. Please send your full name, phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 537101.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

This is the most incompetent company I have ever had to work with. After faxing my prescription for my breast pump, I received five different calls from overseas specialists all wanting the same information to set up my order. After two weeks, numerous calls to my doctor to get the "diagnosis" and a 3 way call from my insurance I was able to finally put in an order for my Medela breast pump. Even though my insurance covered the pump at 100% I was still forced to give them my credit card info for the order and had to fight to choose my own brand of pump.

After a week of unusual silence from them I called to check the status of my order and found out they have no absolute record of me at all. NOTHING. So here I am 5 weeks from delivery and no breast pump order after dealing with them for 2-3 weeks. Who knows if I was even talking to the real Apria in the first place. Luckily, my insurance does not have a claim filed so I can take my business elsewhere. Save yourself a headache and did not use this company!!!

Apria Healthcare response

Hello, Ms. Danielle. We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send your full name, zip code, phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, please also include reference number 533892. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Apria's customer service is appalling. Its local office rushes to get a new patient out of the office, with minimal instructions. It has no direct line for questions or follow-up. Patients are referred to a website for supplies, but once ordered, don't arrive. Calling the service center doesn't help, as it's located in the Philippines, staffed by the inept who can't answer even the basic questions. Apria is so bad the local sleep center has stopped referring patients to Apria, and I have filed a fraud complaint with Medicare against Apria because supplies ordered, and supposedly paid for by Medicare, never arrived after a month.

Apria Healthcare response

Your opinion matters to us. Would you please email us with your full name and contact details so we can follow up with you? Include reference number 533893.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

I use a CPAP and my insurance approve replacement masks every six months. Over the last two years, most of my orders have been filled incorrectly. Apria has double billed me a couple times and I have gotten my money back. In November 2018, I redid my usual order, and approved for them to bill me $23. When I checked my bank statement, they had taken an additional $111. They billed my insurance incorrectly and refused to correct it. I ended up doing a 3-way call with my insurance and Apria. Apria admitted it was their mistake, and that they would refund my money.

Weeks later, I hadn't received my money, so I called. They never processed a refund, they put it as a credit to my balance. That was NOT what we had agreed upon. Apria said they would give me a refund of my money and that I would have it in 5 days. It has now been 10 days and I have no refund. I just called them again, and again, it is their screw up. They said they had taken the money off my balance and had it set for refund, but somehow, it mysteriously had gotten held up in the system and not gone to the last step. Now, they are saying it will be another two days before they can give me my money. I am so mad I can't see straight. This is the LAST time I will ever do business with them.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 533894.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

On May 8, 1918, I had surgery on my left leg to heal a wound that had split open after sutures failed to hold. Apria was to deliver a Medvac battery-powered unit so I could leave the hospital. It did not arrive until the following morning at 6:30 a.m., May 9. I used the device for four weeks and returned it in good condition. Apria billed Humana for services starting May 8, and sent it to the wrong doctor for approval. It was rejected. Re-submitted it again only to be rejected. Never called or emailed me for more information.

Finally, on October 13, Apria charged my credit card for $955. I immediately called for an explanation. A person with poor English answered and said I had signed a document allowing them to charge my card, so that's what they did. It is now January 21, 2019, and with the help of some medical professionals, Humana finally paid Apria the $955 on 12/14/18. But has Apria refunded my money?? NOO! Each time I call my case is "under review." I just got off the phone with a "supervisor" who could do nothing but repeat "It is still under review." I told her that I would no longer call, but the next call would be from Medicare Fraud.

Hi William,

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 532668.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Hi everyone! If your CPAP supplies come from Apria, I would suggest running. I had a prescription for CPAP supplies called in by my doctor on Dec. 20, 2018. They never arrived so I called Apria about two weeks later and was told that my account was put on hold for the rental fee of $16.50. The due date for the $16.50 was January 15, about two weeks in the future. The statement date was December 25, 5 days AFTER my prescription was called in. I finally got the bill so paid it on or around Jan 10. I made the mistake of assuming that my account would be taken off of hold and the supplies sent.

I called again today (Jan 21) because they still had not arrived. I was told that I needed to pay $33.00 before the supplies would be sent out. I never received a bill, phone call, text, smoke signal or candygram letting me know that I needed to pay this amount prior to shipping. I had no idea. I requested a bill be sent and was told that they could not do that. I was speaking with the billing department. THE BILLING DEPARTMENT. They suggested giving them a credit card but I am reluctant to give such an irresponsible company my credit card information over the phone and told them that; their solution was for me to give them my bank account information. I thought they were joking but unfortunately they were not. Do yourself a favor and find another supplier.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to speak with you about this. Please send your full name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 532665.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I ordered a CPAP and was told my insurance deductible was not met so I had to pay $309.79. OK, I paid and received shortly thereafter. Told would have a $10 per month rental fee for 10 months, ok. Forward 4 months, receive explanation of benefits that says Apria billed my insurance $874.72 and my member rate is $55.00 and "the provider has agreed not to bill me for the difference between total and allowable amount". WHAT? So why was I charged $309? AND, if I paid $309, why would they bill my insurance the full $874?

I called Apria on 1/16, explained and asked for refund. Got run around, asked for supervisor, "no supervisor available", "they will call you back." Never happened. Called again 1/18. Same runaround. Told $309 was because filters, chin strap not covered. Then told $309 was because deductible wasn't met. Then told it was because insurance didn't pay. Then told the $44 rental fee was not billed to me because it was taken out of my overcharge. Asked again for supervisor, "none available", will call me back, no call. 1/19 bank alert says $44 taken by Apria Health. WHAT??? Unauthorized charge!!! AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!

Hi James,

We want to speak with you about this. Please send your full name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 531836.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

i'm on a very strict budget due to disability. On the 16th I stop to get something to eat. Afterwards I go to pay on my Visa and it was declined. I looked up my account and Apria took out over $120 for what was to be a $30 bill. Had no cash... Needless to say I was pissed. Customer service said they had no card on file to take out funds. I told them bs. They didn't want hear it and the next day they took out the $30 that put me into negative funds. Got 37 NSF charges from the bank and still Apria have no thoughts of fixing issue. Do not use this company!!! I didn't even want to give one star but had no choice.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to learn more about the concern that prompted your review. Please email us with your full name, phone number, and reference number 531832 so we can reach out to you.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The 02 oxygen concentrator was picked up by Apria in September and an O2 concentrator portable was left. I receive a bill every month for 02 concentrator portable and charges for the 02 concentrator which was return. Spoke to the local Apria store and she said they can still charge me. I don't expect to pay for a 02 machine I don't have. I am ready to call attorney general, Better Business Bureau and Medicare. This is a ripoff.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

I was prescribed oxygen by Dr and info sent to Apria for same. 9 days later have no oxygen. I have called Apria every day for past 7 days and got a big story every time that Dr. wasn't furnishing tests. I personally was in Dr's office when they faxed the tests to Apria and then 4 days later re-faxed them and every time Apria said they never received them. When I call all I ever get is a person who has little command of the English language and they put me on hold for 15-20 minutes at a time and then state Dr's are all to blame for hold up and suggest I call Dr's. They just refuse to help at all. If you ever need oxygen, do not deal with this company.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 528171. Thank you.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

The DME company does not go into hospital once patient is to be discharged to service their own machines. Plus there is a lack of communication within the Harlingen office and main 1800 number people. They don’t give you statements and no courtesy call when they're going to charge your card??? I do not recommend.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to better understand the concern you are describing. Please send your full name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number [529178].

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

Contacted customer service. Representative was difficult to understand due to accent and rapid speech. Asked to speak to a supervisor after 22 minutes. On hold for 15 minutes. Was not connected to supervisor, but another customer service representative who could not explain why automatic bill pay went from $15 to $65. After 10 minutes the rep hung up on us. Called back and asked for supervisor. Put on hold for 15 minutes. Gave up. Worst customer service EVER!!! Why can a rep not explain why a bill increased from $15 to $65?

Hi Howard,

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 528145.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Been working with this awful company to resolve a $16 balance since 11/17. They admitted they forgot to bill my insurance. I have called them numerous times. Today I was put on hold for one hour just to get transferred. Then the lady said give her 5 minutes. Another hour later and she had not come back. Guess it was her lunch time. Three hours later and I have gotten nowhere but on hold. One guy said, "It only $16 just pay it." You guys suck and should be paying me. I dare you to send me a survey.

Hi Michael,

Negative experiences are frustrating and we strive to understand all concerns posted online. If you are willing, please send your full name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 527233.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

I've been dealing with Apria's CPAP supplies team for over a year, and during that time I've had to call them dozens of times to correct problems that their incompetence has caused. I'm truly amazed that they're still in business.

Apria Healthcare response

Your opinion matters to us. Would you please email with your full name and contact details so we can follow up with you? Include reference number 527234.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Was supposed to receive a CPAP machine in July 2018 with Medicare and Blue Cross secondary... Despite repeated phone calls to Apria and my physician, the order wasn't completed until January 14, 2019... And the CPAP machine was missing the connection hose so totally unusable...and no local contact number available. I will be contacting Medicare to get this company removed as authorized supplier.

Apria Healthcare response

Hello, Mr. Ray. We want to better understand the concern you are describing. Please send your full name, zip code, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your email, please also include reference number 526241. Thank you.

Apria Healthcare Company Information