1.12/5

Jackson, TN

1286 Apria Healthcare Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 28, 2019

I have never left a bad review for anyone... let alone left a review in general. I feel compelled to leave you with this... March 13 - Apria CALLS ME to set up home health for my daughter getting out of the NICU after 4 months. Supplies for feeding and g-tube. I tell them date of discharge and the first months supply needs to be delivered to Ronald McDonald house. I ask if everything will be taken care of before we are home and if they need anything from insurance etc. Lady says no. We are all set. I hear nothing from them. My care manager at hospital is talking to them about possibly discharge date, etc.

March 21 - Discharge date for my daughter. In hospital everything is good to go waiting on home health to deliver supplies. Up since 6am super excited to take my daughter home. Apria calls me and keeps informing me they are waiting on my insurance and it should be 30 more minutes. They call about every 1.5 hours to tell me it will be 30 more minutes. By 4 pm I am wondering where they are. They then inform me it's my insurances fault because they never authorized them to deliver.

Remember they called me a week prior to TELL ME everything was taken care of. It is now 5pm and I am on the phone with my insurance case manager and she has YET to receive ANYTHING from APRIA. APRIA supervisor calls to inform me of the bad news... Someone dropped the ball. My daughter stays at hospital another night after waiting 4 months to have her home. I was livid. They absolutely ruined my day. It was the worse. It could have all been prevented if they could organize better and stop bullshitting everybody.

March 22 - Called Apria at 8 am to ask if supplies are going to be delivered so I can take my daughter home. The bullshitting starts all over again. I was told by supervisor my supplies will be delivered by 12pm - no later. They are delivered at 1 pm. I am short feeding bags and no Ferrell bags. The feeding bags were 1200 ml bags - my daughter is 4 months old. The whole experience was a nightmare. I hope the Apria in my hometown is better organized.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 598230.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I found today (3/27/19) that I was charged over $900.00 for a CPAP machine that was prescribed in 2018 and covered by insurance. In the fall of 2018 during open enrollment, I called to let APRIA know that my insurance was going to change and provided all my new information once I received my new insurance card information in late fall for use in 2019. Today I checked my banking account and saw that there was an UNAUTHORIZED charge for the machine. I called to see why or who authorized the charge and spoke to a person who was very hard to understand.

She claimed that she was making the necessary insurance changes today, yet when I told her I called in the fall during open enrollment knowing my change would take place by January 1, 2019, she said they didn't have the information and was updating it during our conversation. When questioned, she said because I gave the new 2019 insurance information in 2018 they couldn't process it then. So I asked, "Well was I expected to call on Jan 1, 2019 instead?" She gave no response to my question. When questioned why they would wait until March 26th, 2019 to charge my account; again she gave no response. She would not allow me to speak to a supervisor about this matter either only saying they were going to give me the same response she was telling me.

So I advised her since we were on a recorded line, that I wanted it noted that I was refused the chance to speak to a supervisor and that APRIA was NOT allowed or authorized to charge any bank accounts of mine in the future. What a scam! Total BS. Patient beware. Do not provide any credit card or bank account information if they ever ask you to leave one for your account!!! In closing I filed a fraud report with my banking institute and the local police dept. and await my resolution. In the meantime, I'm out over $900 from my account. SMH.

Hi Armando,

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 598125.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I was told that I would be be receiving a call for delivery of oxygen equipment that everything was approved. I tried calling back to find out delivery time. I was then was told they didn't take my insurance. It was out of network. I really need my oxygen equipment. It's be over 4 days and still no oxygen equipment. Keep being told different things. No one knows what they are doing at Apria. Can you please help me find out what is going on. Thank you!

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 598141.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Absolutely horrible. They have ignored posted payments and overbill you and their department runs like a collection agency. Also, since I am using FSA card, I need a detailed statement for every charge - they just ignored it. Avoid doing business with them at all costs!

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to learn more about the concern that prompted your review. Please email us with your full name, phone number, and reference number 596404 so we can reach out to you.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I was referred to Apria Healthcare by my doctor for a CPAP machine and supplies. When I went online to order my supplies I noticed that they were not charging my insurances, so I paid by credit card. My second order I called the number on the card they had sent and talked with a lady who told me I was not set up for insurance billing. She helped me with my order and it was billed to my insurances. She assured me that when I placed my next order online that it would be billed to my insurance as my account had been set up.

I placed my next order online and a question came up if I had Medicare and I clicked yes. It then said that Medicare would not allow them to bill Medicare for the supplies. So I continued got to the pay page and I had no options for insurance billing, only credit card or Paypal. I stopped by the Reno office thinking I would be able to get my supplies there, but they cannot sell supplies as they have to be bought from their warehouse.

They also could not help me with the insurance problem. They gave me a number (800-265-2426) to call so that I could get my supplies and insurance corrected. But that number is busy every time you call it, I even tried at 11 PM and it was busy. What good is it to have an office in your hometown and not be able to buy supplies? I don't give them any stars.

Hi Charles,

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 596415.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Apria Healthcare?

Original review: March 27, 2019

Called on one day and bill was 0. Then I came home with, they had left a message about my outstanding bill so I called them back and they say I owe 9?? That my insurance is not paying so I call them and they said they got a bill today from them but that's the only one they haven't paid yet. So she has called them and they wont call her back but they keep calling me back saying they want in full and it's going over to collections. Every bill they send I pay, have never gotten a bill for overdue. I told them I was unplugging it and putting on porch so they better pick it up and I would pay the bill they send and be done with them. Yesterday I did get a bill that was for 67.13 due 4/03/19 and it was mailed out but it said nothing about 900.00 and something overdue. Won't use them ever!!!

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 596423.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 25, 2019

My father has been using Apria for some time and they have been ok. Last week he was in the hospital with pneumonia. His CPAP was set at 6 but he can't breath at 6 so in the hospital they sent in an order to get it moved to 8. I called Apria to make sure they received the order and get his machine updated. They said they would call back. It is 2 days later with no callback. My father can't breath laying down and has not been able to sleep. I call and leave messages with no response. I just don't know what to do to get them to respond. How you can run a healthcare company and not care about the people you serve.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 594093.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 24, 2019

I was issued a wheelchair following surgery out of state 10 months ago. Apria was given my insurance info and filed a claim. Yes Reginald claim was denied due to being out of state. However my insurance company corrected that. I continuously receive collection calls for this bill. When I contact them they tell me I have no insurance. I have given it multiple times. My insurance has called and spoken to them numerous times. They will not give me a supervisor nor an extension so I can speak to same person twice. Each person says something different. I now received a collection letter with an amount different than my bill. I will be contacting Better Business Bureau and insurance commission. At least a dozen phone calls and no resolution. Multiple times have asked for upper management.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 592819.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I’ve never felt the need to do this. Any business can have a bad day... However this company has made life changing mistakes for my Mother. She has been given a few months to live. She had planned a trip to see friends out of state for the last time. And thanks to this company couldn’t make it. The oxygen machine they provided failed to charge. She had to come home. Shortly thereafter family came in to see her. Because of the faulty equipment she could not attend the get together. Through numerous phone calls trying to replace or remedy the issues with the equipment we were swamped from one person to another, given conflicting stories, and straight up lied to... My mother missed out on some very important items on her bucket list directly due to the service of this company. It is truly disheartening to know the service of this company can make such a negative on the end someone’s life.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to better understand the concern you are describing. Please send your full name, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 592811.

------------------------------------------------------

We want to speak to you about this. Please send us your Mother's full name and city as well as your phone number and the best time of day to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 592811.

Original review: March 23, 2019

I had a CPAP with Apria and was using it for a few months. After the machine was getting me sick I explained to Apria I needed new supplies or a new machine. I was never sent supplies or exchanged a machine, so I stopped using the CPAP in 4/2018 and I asked them for a return address or RMA to ship it back to them. They explained I own the machine now. I get a collection notice today on my credit bureau today from state collections from APRIA for a company I don't owe anything to. I have emails from APRIA stating I do not use them or owe them anything yet my credit was just ruined by their collection dept, or company.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 592801.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 22, 2019

The worst experience I've ever had with a company. Bought CPAP at 15% off. Went 20% off a few days later. Wouldn't credit me 5% more. Required me to return it and reorder - very inefficient for both of us. Also to return it the return department has to approve your return which takes 3 - 5 days and you can't contact the return dept by phone. You can only email them - guess what? They don't respond promptly to emails. In the process of arguing with them I found the same machine $100 cheaper somewhere else so if they ever approve my return I will be returning only and not reordering.

Apria Healthcare response

Your opinion matters to us. Would you please email us with your full name and contact details so we can follow up with you? Include reference number 592447.

Original review: March 20, 2019

In September 2018 after a physical I was tested for sleep apnea. After being diagnosed I was contacted by Apria requesting information that the doctor had included with the prescription. I received several phone calls from Apria and made several to my doctor. I finally received the CPAP on February 13, 2019. I followed all the instructions to qualify for Medicare using the machine 4 or more hours every night and made a visit to my doctor on March 13, 2019 to discuss whether or not it was helping.

On March 21, 2019 I get a recording telling me they would be picking it up on March 22, 2019. It was a recording giving no explanation of why. I called the customer service number, was on the phone around 30 minutes and still was not given an explanation that made any sense. They were picking it up and re-delivering it because of a problem with Medicare that “had been resolved.” If resolved why are they picking it up? They can keep it as far as I am concerned. It did benefit my sleep but not worth the trouble.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to speak with you about this. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 588602.

Original review: March 20, 2019

Our experience started in 2007. My husband was prescribed a BiPAP portable gas system and concentrator. The 1st wk. the machine malfunctioned and the mask was no good. A salesman came to our house and replaced the mask and we asked him to remove the portable oxygen tanks. We helped him load them and that was the end of them. Through the years we had to constant call for service and they always left notes and never called back. My husband talked to his dr. and said he didn't really need the concentrator and the forced air BiPAP was fine. That was 2014 and they came by, serviced it and we tried to start using again, never made it a week. So they came back and picked up.

2019 the BiPAP finally went down. We called and went to dr. and had new prescription sent and we were assured the new BiPAP would be here shortly or I could pick up locally. My husband had to live at his dad's while waiting to piggyback off his machine so he wouldn't die. Now I didn't mention to you since 2007 I had been fighting the billing on the oxygen tanks they had billing and every time I was assured it was taken care of, evidently it wasn't. I was assured that concentrator picked up in 2014 was also off billing--it wasn't.

So while trying to get this new BiPAP we find out we are in collections for $3700.00 and I had another bill for $800 getting ready to go there. I gave them $75 for the $800 bill and set up payment just so I could get him his BiPAP. After 2 more weeks of non English speaking agents I find out we were never getting our BiPAP until $3700 we didn't owe was paid. I've been 2 months and finally gotten our $75 back and been told collections was cleared. We've asked for a letter for collections and have never received it--it has kept our credit score low and we want to solve this once and for all. I CONTACTED THE BBB AND 2 OTHER AGENCIES AND I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH PRO BONO LAWYER- I have asked them to offer me a settlement for all this fraudulent credit reporting and they never solve anything. I guess the best way is the legal way.

Original review: March 20, 2019

I have dealt with Apria for a number of years because we have Humana insurance and they are the ones that we were directed to use. I placed an order yesterday and spoke with a very nice lady and ordered the supplies I needed. She took all my information down and repeated it all back to me. Now today I received a call from Apria and was told my insurance information was in two different cards and it wouldn't go through. So after giving out my information (AGAIN) they were using information that was from at least 10 years ago.

I use my CPAP every night and get it replaced as often as I should so I have kept my information updated. So when this woman called, and had me totally confused, she didn't seem to know much about what the heck was going on either. Then when she mentioned the doctor's name that I had over 10 years ago I couldn't believe it was that information she was using to bill my insurance with. This is just the latest dealings I have had with this company for the past 10 years. I have read the other complaints and a number of them sound like what I have dealt with also. With all the bad things being said about this company I would think that they would try to do a better job so there weren't so many complaints.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to better understand the concern you are describing. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 587649.

Rated with 1 starResolution In Progress
Original review: March 19, 2019

I called to order CPAP supplies, they said insurance would cover it. Find out after they shipped the supplies that they don't cover any of it! I asked Apria if I could return it, they said no! Charged me over $$600 for 2 masks and a tube! Are you kidding me! Then I pay and 3 months later they say I owe an additional $170.06. Worst ever! #neveragain.

Hi Kevin,

We want to speak with you about this. Please send us your full name, city, phone number and best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 587629.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I have been using them for between 3 and 4 years for my mother's oxygen needs (24/7). In the last year or 2 they have become absolutely horrible to work/deal with. You used to be able to easily talk to a person and set up delivery for oxygen. Now it is a threatening automated call/message telling you what day you are scheduled for, and if you don't call and confirm you will not get a delivery for another 6 weeks or whatever your normal term is. Absolutely no way to reschedule for a different day. I have had many other negative experience with them lately, including trying to get somebody to check out what turned out to be a defective oxygen generator. Stay as far away from this company as you can, if at all possible.

Apria Healthcare response

Your opinion matters to us. Would you please email us with your full name and contact details so we can follow up with you? Include reference number 586338.

Original review: March 17, 2019

Worse company I've had to deal with in all my health issues. I'm having to use oxygen at night and was called by Apria on Friday to deliver. I told them I wouldn't be home from work until 6pm and even though they deliver up to 9pm, it was decided it would be better for them to come on Saturday. First mistake! I get a prerecorded call at 8:30am telling me my delivery would be here between 9:15am and 1:15pm...so I thought ok...that's only half of my only day off wasted waiting around for them. Then at 11am...I get another prerecorded call stating my delivery time has changed and now it would be between 1:15pm and 5:15pm. I'm not happy but understand that something must of come up.

At 5pm I call Apria and after pressing 7 different options to get to their customer service dept...I'm told my driver didn't start work until 1pm and I was pushed up to be next in line for delivery. At 6:00pm I get yet another prerecorded phone message stating my delivery has changed AGAIN and delivery would be from 6:45pm - 9:30pm. REALLY??? What a crock of crap. Not sure how this company stays in business.

So again I make another phone call to the company and after asking the person 5 times to speak to a supervisor she finally puts me through. He tells me my driver just finished lunch at 5:30...really...when he just started work at 1pm??? And of course I'm the next in line...still they are not here! I wasted my only day off work sitting around literally 10 hrs now for them to deliver. What a joke for a company! I will definitely be shopping around for other companies that will deliver or I can go pick up my own oxygen. Never will I wait on them again! Do yourselves a favor and stay away from this company at all cost!!!

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 586212.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Had a home sleep study conducted with this company in January of last year. Received my CPAP in March of that same year. I should've known right away that it was going to be a terrible experience because the lady who instructed me on how to use my CPAP had no idea what she was doing, she had to read the instruction manual to show me. The contract was long and full of legal jargon and would be extremely hard to understand (thankfully, I work in the legal field), but I signed it because I had no choice, I needed to sleep. At first the lady told me she would have to charge me $50. As I left, she ran out after me to my car and said that "Oh, sorry it was actually $150!" Alright...

Over the next few months, they billed me the monthly cost for the equipment rent-to-own. They never billed on the same day so you never knew when they were going to deduct money from your bank account. And then in July of that year, I had an insurance change which I notified them about. Nope. Instead of billing my new insurance, they started to bill me $80 a month with no notification, even though their own contract said that any change in billing required that they notify you!

So after being billed $80 three times, I said enough is enough. I contacted their support and asked them what was going on, why they weren't using my new insurance. As it so happens, my new insurance won't work with this company because they have a history of fraudulent and deceptive billing practices. Came as quite a shock to me, right? No. But instead of notifying me that my insurance denied the claim, they just decided to start charging me out of pocket.

So at this point it is October and they have ran my bank account with over $200 in charges. Despite numerous contacts with support to reverse the charges because they broke their own contract, they would tell me, "We will reverse the charges!" and then never do actually do it. Eventually, I contacted my bank and told them to suspend all transactions from this company and to help me. 2 months later, the bank finished their investigation and I got my money back. Thanks to the bank having to investigate them on my behalf.

Now they are trying to collect $120 from me for a sleep study that was unpaid, which admittedly was my fault, but I am never going to pay them, because I have to have my sleep study redone anyway because my machine is not calibrated properly and has not improved my sleep at all. And any attempt to get the machine recalibrated, you have to call their call center and talk to someone who doesn't speak English in any capacity whatsoever. This company should not be in business. Avoid at all costs. If your insurance refers you to them, show them this review and the hundreds of others here and pre-authorize your sleep study somewhere else. Never in my life have I dealt with such a dysfunctional, irresponsible, and fraudulent company.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 584948.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Apria has negligent, dishonest, abusive customer service. They offered to deliver my equipment at 5 pm. Paid in full prior to delivery. Day of delivery, they said the delivery window was actually 10-2. I spent nearly 45 minutes on the phone at work to reset delivery time to 5 pm so that I could get home. First rep *hung up* on me, second rep thought it should actually come between 1-4 and didn't know how to help, third rep ensured me after 5 pm.

I would supposedly receive a call 30 minutes prior to delivery. Arriving home at 5, I found a note on the door they'd attempted delivery at 2:45. Never got a call. I called again, and they promised delivery later that evening. Didn't show up after 3+ hours. Called again. Rep ended my call, tried 4 different reps, supervisor said he had "no idea" when order would arrive, order never came.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 584896.

Original review: March 13, 2019

This company is the worst company I ever have dealt with. Just received a bill for 3700 for bills over two years ago. Never knew I owed a bill at all. Really two years WHY didn’t you send me a bill monthly. The bill was not itemized to what they were charging me for monthly. I have called numerous times and get people out of the United States that can’t speak fricken English and have no clue what they are doing. They said a manager would call me. Oh what a surprise. No callback. Again requested an itemized receipt for them to send to me. Sooo frustrated with this horrible company. I decided to just go out and buy my own machine and told them to pick all their ** up ASAP. Will see how fast they get that done. This company is a totally rip off to invent sick people. They could give a crap about their patients and the stress their stupid billing department causes.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to speak with you about this. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 582452.

Original review: March 13, 2019

My insurance referred to Apria and throughout the five to six years I was with them I was issued supplies once only. Also, I was never trained properly regarding the equipment, I was never told about its filters and it needing to be changed. The company does not meet compliance guidelines. On Feb. 1, 2012 I spoke to Apria's regulation and compliance employee, Caroline ** for about an hour. She then referred me to speak to their branch manager Jim ** whom did nothing. Eventually I was able to leave due to insurance changes. However, a couple years later I was referred back to them since they were the only ones who are covered by my insurance. Ever since I have been sleeping on a chair because of the distrust I have with Apria and their continued negligence. I have tried to address this issue with two of my congressmen and have gotten nowhere.

Apria Healthcare response

Hello, Debbie. We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please also include reference number 582453. Thank you.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I can relate to most of the complaints I’ve read regarding Apria customer service. My wife was prescribed a Breathing machine and the primary insurance was being billed regularly as it was 100% covered by the primary but the secondary insurance only covers 80% of the cost. We kept receiving bills for the 20% of the nine covered portion from the secondary. I’ve spent many hours on the phone almost every month trying to explain to customer service that if the primary covers 100% why would I get a bill for the blue sky imaginary 20%. The made up balance was sent to collections and I again spent several hours explaining the issue.

The machine was completely paid off by the primary insurance and after making and receiving calls to one representative from my insurance to Apria’s level 2 team that was supposed to clear the issue I was disconnected off the line and had to start all over. The last conversation I had with Apria ended with Apria’s rep telling me “prove it, that the insurance company paid for the charges.” Apria if you are monitoring this, your customer service is the worst I’ve ever experienced. I hope to spread my experience to everyone I know. Disappointed beyond what words can explain.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 582409.

Original review: March 12, 2019

From December 2018 and still ongoing, Apria Health Care has made me think that they've shipped my sleep supplies and that I should be receiving them for the last five months! I've been looking out, searching the doorstep, awaiting supplies that they continue to promise that their sending that never come! I have Medicaid through Kaiser but now Apria keeps sending me a bill, bugging me through my cell phone! This company is a joke!

Apria Healthcare response

Hello, Ms. Valencia. We want to speak with you about this. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please also include reference number 579738. Thank you.

Original review: March 12, 2019

My husband's doctor sent Apria a prescription, clinical notes, and sleep study in early January. We waited and waited. The first time I called Apria I was told his doctor did not send the prescription. Called the doctor: yes, she did, but she sent another. Waited. Second time I called I got an apology and was told he didn't know why my order just sat there but he would "escalate it" and call me the next day. No call. Third time I called I got more apologies and was told the order would be "escalated", that they did indeed see our doc's prescription, they didn't know what had happened, and I'd get a call. No call. The third phone call I was apologized to again and told the order was in the wrong department but things would be straightened out and I would be called in 24-48 hours. Of course I was never called.

The fourth and fifth times I was told, "So sorry," and, "So sorry again" after I said my husband needed to breathe and that maybe I needed to call a lawyer... The order would be marked URGENT. Someone eventually called back and left a message that the order was ready and they needed more info and that it was going to be some rental situation for a year or some mess. Too bad. It's March 11, months later, and we are getting a CPAP from cpapshop.com in less than a week, easy peasy and no lies.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Apria has the worst customer service I have EVER come across. I have been trying to get a bi-pap machine replace since December and still no replacement. I call, get runarounds, have to enter the same information multiple times and when I can finally talk to a person, I get conflicting messages. Today someone called about my order and all I can understand was 1-800 Get people who can talk. I thought Apria recorded their calls for training purposes. Obviously no one takes quality seriously.

Now I just called Apria back and after about 15 minutes I got a person who could explain why I was called again. He said I need a doctor's prescription for a new machine. Just last Thursday, my doctor's office again faxed the prescription and the date of the doctor's visit, which was January 18, 2019. That's almost 8 weeks ago and I still have to live with a machine that often shuts off at night, beeps like crazy and which the humidifier hasn't worked for a few month. Enough already! I never want to do business with Apria EVER again.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 578886.

Original review: March 11, 2019

Called into customer service and couldn’t get clarification on charges I was being charge. And ask to speak to someone else and was never transferred and they the rudest customer service. I would not refer them to anyone. Hey.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 578849.

Original review: March 11, 2019

I only wish I had read reviews before I started using Apria. I can identify with almost every complaint I've read. I have only been with them for a little over four months and am frustrated because I can get no satisfaction on my inquiries about billing and adjustments due to duplicate payments made personally and by my insurance. I hope my conversations were recorded and analyzed. I can almost recite their scripted replies, and I certainly have difficulties understanding accents. I feel as if I'm talking to the ceiling.

Apria Healthcare response

We would like to better understand what prompted you to write this review. Please send us your full name, city, and phone number, along with the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 578833].

Original review: March 9, 2019

I have been dealing with Apria Healthcare since 2016. They sent me a bill and I wrote them a check. They never took it off my bill. They cashed it and had account number on it. I call customer service. They said they never cash it. I sent a copy to them. No answer. Now I just deal with collection companies. Send them a copy. They drop then a new one. I wish I had never dealt with them. (J)

Hi Jeremiah,

We would like to help. If you would like to discuss your concern, send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 577720.

Original review: March 8, 2019

Received prescribed CPAP machine in July 2018, have been charged for it (despite on the insurance coverage) just because they had my credit card. Still trying to get my money back. Negotiating with APRIA and insurance. As long as APRIA has my money they are not interested in resolving this issue. The customer support is useless. It takes hours to communicate with APRIA, going through their incompetency and constant excuses. Stay away from this company, try somebody else!

Hi Jim,

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send us your full name, city, phone number, and the best time to reach you. In your reply, please include reference number 577589.

Original review: March 8, 2019

I visited your Baton Rouge office, was fitted for my mask, showed how to use my machine, etc. Todd, the Resp. Therapist was wonderful! The rest of everyone I've dealt with is incompetent! I was told my mask and tubing had to be ordered directly from ResMed... WELL, that took days of me going back and forth with your horrible customer service agents! Then today, I finally I get the mask and it is the wrong size! Also no tubing was sent. So, once again I call YOUR customer service agent and she spent more time asking the same questions over and over after I had done answered them 5 times! I kept repeating the mask is the wrong size. She kept asking if the shipping package was damaged! Then...the hose!!! No, there is no hose, no it is not in the bag, under my bed, etc. There is NO hose!

I will NOT continue to fight with these people! I ordered my own damn house and mask online through another company! Guess what?! It will be overnight and THEY called me within 5 mins of my order! You should consider revamping your customer service, lines of communication and insuring customer satisfaction. If it wasn't for me taking care of my needs? Well, perhaps I'd just be better off finding a better company that cares about my health and receiving my money.

Apria Healthcare response

We want to look into what you describe in this review. Please send your full name and phone number and the best time to reach you. In your email, include reference number 575112.

Apria Healthcare Company Information