2. Homeowners

Stearns & Foster Bedding Reviews

Stearns & Foster Bedding
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.45/5

Stearns & Foster Bedding Reviews

Original review: May 6, 2020

Luxury mattress at a reasonable price through Macy's. The Pillowtop compresses and is smoother and firmer after a few months than it first feels in the store, for me that is a plus but don't expect the pillowtop cushiness to last forever. Overall I am happy with the quality but I see knock offs at Costco for about 2/3rds of what I paid. Hard to know if what's inside is as good as the real thing! Time will tell.

Original review: April 27, 2020

My mattress is a firm pillow top mattress. I love it. My only complaint is that it is very heavy. I would not be able to move it on my own. I have had this mattress for six years. I have not noticed any sign of deterioration. It is the best mattress I have ever slept on.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I have had this mattress for over 20 years and it is still just a comfortable as the day we bought it. Of course we were over the road truck drivers so it only got used when we were home and after we retired (9 years ago). It is a double pillow top and I have regularly turned and flipped it and it still is the same. Of course this mattress wasn't cheap but well worth the $2100 we spent for it 20 years ago.

Original review: June 14, 2020

We bought a King sized Mattress and Box Springs at Costco in March 2018. The Mattress is a Stearns and Foster and was not cheap ($1100). Within 9 months the mattress developed visible divots where my wife and I slept and we were waking up with back pain. We just removed the mattress and were forced to replace it. We have not went thru the warranty process yet, but from the other reviews, I am not hopeful of recovering any compensation for this extremely poor mattress.

Original review: May 8, 2020

We purchased the Stearns & Foster, Southerly 11 mattress. Mattress sags on both ends and rises in the middle making sleeping very uncomfortable. We purchased the product from HBC. We tried to get the issue fixed through the warranty program with no luck.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stearns and Foster?

Original review: March 31, 2020

We purchased a Stearns and Foster mattress 3 years ago and are already having problems with it sinking down around the middle back area area. I called them out and we didn't qualify because their string test didn't show the dent. Clearly if they laid on it, they would know exactly what we're talking about. Both my husband and I have terrible back problems and this mattress is doing nothing but making it worst. Problem is we don't have another $3500 to purchase another mattress. I have had mattresses for 10 years and never had this problem. Their warrantly is worthless. At one times Stearns and Foster was the top of the line.... Well, not anymore. I will never buy another Stearns and Foster mattress ever again....What a rip off this company is.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

After 18 years of owning a Stearns & Foster mattress, we decided to purchase another one and after 4 months of owning it, it looks like our 18 year old mattress with full body indents and a big hump in the middle. Went to the Sealy website to file a warranty claim since it’s only 16 months old but they make it such a pain in the ** to file a claim I gave up. We will NEVER purchase another stearns & Foster mattress, so disappointing to spend over 3,000.00 and have a piece of garbage. DON’T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON POOR QUALITY.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

In the past I have always purchased Sealy Posturepedic pocket coil mattress sets, decided to try the Stearns and Foster Bittersweet 2.0 Tight top. Both my husband and I over the first month experienced at different times a stiff sore lower back once awake. Now it's constant, it's as if there is no spring or floating effect as with my Sealy. If there are pocket coils in this mattress, they are very deep down and a thick layer on top that just feels like we are sleeping on a big bag of hard packed sand. Very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Recently purchased a high end hybrid Stearns and Foster mattress. Assured by salespeople that the mattress would alleviate my hip and shoulder pressure point pain issues. Unfortunately the mattress did nothing to alleviate pressure points, instead caused major pain points, so bad I have to take pain medication nightly to try and stop some of the pain so I can sleep. I should not have spent thousands on this mattress, very disappointed with purchase.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I purchased a Stearns and Foster king size bed from Sears a little more than a year ago. I was told at the time that it was the best bed that was on the market. The mattress started to cave in on both sides of the mattress. I filed a claim with Sears. They had me take all kinds of pictures and send it to them. The frame, the box springs, and the mattress itself. With a ruler and a string I needed to show them how deep the indentations were. Because of the top sponge top, it only showed a 1/2 inch. They closed my case saying I didn’t meet the requirements of 1 1/2 inches. If the top foam sponge was not there, the indentations would be more than that. My wife and I have constant back pains which we didn’t have before. Do not buy this product!

Stearns and Foster author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Stearns & Foster specializes in luxury beds made by certified craftsmen with the highest-quality materials. All mattresses are CPSIA-compliant and made in the United States. Customers can visit one of the many retail stores around the country to test the mattresses before purchasing.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size mattress pricing starts at around $1,500.

• Types of mattresses: Select from HD Memory Foam, IntelliCoil HD and Precision Edge. It also offers a king-size bed made of two twin mattresses, allowing you to share your bed without compromising individual sleeping preferences.

• Trial period: Stearns & Foster does not provide a trial period.

• Warranty: Most, but not all, mattresses include a 10-year limited warranty.

• Additional products: Stearns & Foster specializes exclusively in mattresses. No additional products are available.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Stearns & Foster Bedding Company Information