2. Homeowners

Stearns & Foster Bedding Reviews

Stearns & Foster Bedding
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

Stearns & Foster Bedding Reviews

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

In the past I have always purchased Sealy Posturepedic pocket coil mattress sets, decided to try the Stearns and Foster Bittersweet 2.0 Tight top. Both my husband and I over the first month experienced at different times a stiff sore lower back once awake. Now it's constant, it's as if there is no spring or floating effect as with my Sealy. If there are pocket coils in this mattress, they are very deep down and a thick layer on top that just feels like we are sleeping on a big bag of hard packed sand. Very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Recently purchased a high end hybrid Stearns and Foster mattress. Assured by salespeople that the mattress would alleviate my hip and shoulder pressure point pain issues. Unfortunately the mattress did nothing to alleviate pressure points, instead caused major pain points, so bad I have to take pain medication nightly to try and stop some of the pain so I can sleep. I should not have spent thousands on this mattress, very disappointed with purchase.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I purchased a Stearns and Foster king size bed from Sears a little more than a year ago. I was told at the time that it was the best bed that was on the market. The mattress started to cave in on both sides of the mattress. I filed a claim with Sears. They had me take all kinds of pictures and send it to them. The frame, the box springs, and the mattress itself. With a ruler and a string I needed to show them how deep the indentations were. Because of the top sponge top, it only showed a 1/2 inch. They closed my case saying I didn’t meet the requirements of 1 1/2 inches. If the top foam sponge was not there, the indentations would be more than that. My wife and I have constant back pains which we didn’t have before. Do not buy this product!

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I received a Stearns & Foster king mattress as a gift which started to fail within the first year (both sides of the mattress sagged leaving a very high ridge down the center). I called customer service and they would not deal with me saying I wasn't the original owner since it was a gift, even though the mattress was delivered new directly to me. Bottom line is that the Stearns & Foster mattress is of very low quality and their customer service is the worst! Stay away from Stearns and Foster!

Jim

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Our Stearns & Foster G.S. Exclusive River Place Luxury Plush mattress failed us in under 2 years but because we had a kid who had an accident that the mattress cover didn't prevent, we couldn't file a claim. I watched a DIY video on repairing sags in your mattress and thought I'd give it a whirl. There is nothing but cheap foam in this thing. No wonder it failed!! We paid a LOT for this mattress. I feel duped. We're going to salvage the springs and buy some memory foam online because we can't afford another mattress. This is terrible! Please, someone do an investigative report on this company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stearns and Foster?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

How is it that these frauds are still in business? How? Can anyone explain it??? Since they delete and block any non favorable reviews on their social media and their website they can't do it here! Thieves not allowing negative reviews! My mattress sank like the Titanic within 3 weeks and it was a luxury firm and I am a small person! Absolutely disgusting. Takes a real special kind of character to deceive and rip off the public..I mean what kind of industry has inspectors for their products? They obviously know how bad their products are! They are cheap foam. Just absolute garbage! Thousands amongst thousands of similar complaints! Where is the class action lawsuit!?!? It's a win win. Someone please get on it!

All these companies should be shut down!! They've become used car salesmen! Ripping people off, selling defective products and doing everything under the sun to avoid warranty complaints! Everyone please fight the warranties. They make it difficult on purpose so you don't bother and they win and continue to line their pockets with your money! Keep at it and don't let them get away with the deception! You don't see ALL the negative reviews for a reason! They are all deleted and hidden!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Purchased in 2013 with high expectations based on reputation, research and the high-end feel of this mattress. We were very disappointed to see it developed channels in the sleeping positions within 2 years. We are not huge people, 210 and 135 pounds each! Flipping it does little good, simply runs the trench more evenly across the length of the bed. It dips at least 1.5 inches from center to lowest point, but very hard to tell because of tufting pillow top. We didn't have the energy to try and fight a warranty battle. Definitely not buying another from S&F.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I bought a Stearns & Foster mattress at the Bay on sale in 2016, thinking I was getting a quality mattress at a good price. The mattress edge almost immediately started to sag, and when I contact the Bay I was told to add supports to my bed frame. I did what I was advised to do, and put up with the saggy mattress for three years before deciding that it was not acceptable. I contacted their customer service department and was then told that I had voided my warranty by not putting MORE supports under the box spring. I checked and in small print the warranty described the need for additional support for queen and king sized mattresses, but the website also claimed that their mattresses would work with any quality bed frame.

Canada's competition board has fined the Bay for false advertising concerning mattresses. I feel I was duped by them, but I also feel duped by Stearns & Foster. In my opinion it goes without saying that a good quality mattress and box springs should work with a good quality bed frame without my having to rebuild the base with slats and solid surfaces. I just checked the warranty information on Naturepedic and if the consumer uses their foundation, then the mattress is considered to be adequately supported. What is wrong with the Stearns & Foster foundation that the consumer has to add a custom built foundation to the foundation?

Original review: Aug. 4, 2019

Purchased this mattress in 2011 and about 6 months after use it developed "dips" where each of us sleep. We are not overweight people. Contacted Sleepys where we purchased. They said, "Get in touch with Stearns and Foster." I haven't pursued this but just turned the mattress again and it looks awful. Considering a memory foam topper but not sure it will do any good. Also I do not know how to submit a claim or if it would do any good.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Bought a Stearns and Foster in around 2000 and after 2 years developed dip in middle. Warranty people came out and replaced bed with brand new bed. New bed lasted about another 2 years before another dip developed. I am 6 foot, 175 pound man. No abnormal wear and tear. Flash forward, 2018, I foolishly buy another Stearns and Foster, thinking worse that happens they replace. 9 months, NINE months, bed develops horrible dip. But this time they deliberately engineered it to have a way out of honoring warranty. They put hard plastic buttons on the surface of the bed and created divots. The divots make it hard to measure a "dip", and hard to define what a "dip" is... convenient.

Bad designed bed. But worse, company must know by now their product is defective and yet they keep selling to us sheep. I wish the entire management staff of Stearns and Foster to sleep on their products!!! Horrible bed. I will NEVER buy another Stearns and Foster. Some class action lawyer or Attorney General really ought to go after them. False advertising, false product. Total rip-off.

Not sure about Stearns & Foster Bedding?

Take our two minute quiz to find the right mattress for you.

Stearns and Foster expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Stearns & Foster specializes in luxury beds made by certified craftsmen with the highest-quality materials. The mattresses can be more expensive than other brands but are very well crafted.

• High quality: Stearns & Foster is known for its very high-quality mattresses and the excellent materials used to make them.

• Retail stores: Customers can visit one of the many retail stores around the country to test the mattresses before purchasing.

• Support: It has customer support available during the weekdays and excellent in-person support at the retail stores.

• Preferences: Customers can choose from a wide range of models, including memory foam, innerspring and hybrid mattresses of varying firmness.

• Warranty: It offers a high-level warranty ensuring the mattress will last for years to come. The company will replace it if it proves defective in any way.

• Best for: Sterns & Foster mattresses are best for professionals.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Stearns & Foster Bedding Company Information