2. Homeowners

Stearns & Foster Bedding
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.48/5

Unsubscribe at any time.

Stearns & Foster Bedding Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stearns & Foster Bedding?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stearns and Foster?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

The comfort & feel of our new mattress is well beyond our expectations. We took back our mattress of 3 months, as it was way too soft for a firm that we received. We exchanged it for a exceptionally real firm. Sleep is wonderful on our new Stearns & Foster mattress, Thank You to Furniture Row for the exchange.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

We rolled around on the mattress in the store, checked the price and decided immediately that we want to take it home. The hard part was waiting to have it delivered. A Stern and Foster Mattress is a very durable comfortable mattress. You can but don’t have to flip it over occasionally for added comfort. The best money can buy! We love our mattress.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Unsubscribe at any time.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Luxury mattress at a reasonable price through Macy's. The Pillowtop compresses and is smoother and firmer after a few months than it first feels in the store, for me that is a plus but don't expect the pillowtop cushiness to last forever. Overall I am happy with the quality but I see knock offs at Costco for about 2/3rds of what I paid. Hard to know if what's inside is as good as the real thing! Time will tell.

Original review: April 27, 2020

My mattress is a firm pillow top mattress. I love it. My only complaint is that it is very heavy. I would not be able to move it on my own. I have had this mattress for six years. I have not noticed any sign of deterioration. It is the best mattress I have ever slept on.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I have had this mattress for over 20 years and it is still just a comfortable as the day we bought it. Of course we were over the road truck drivers so it only got used when we were home and after we retired (9 years ago). It is a double pillow top and I have regularly turned and flipped it and it still is the same. Of course this mattress wasn't cheap but well worth the $2100 we spent for it 20 years ago.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

It's hard to believe that the first expensive mattress that we now CAN afford is the worst one we've ever owned! This seemingly well built, plush mattress is nothing but a fake. It sags in each area with my husband and I, we are not heavy. And the sag stays. What's worse is the aching in our backs that never goes away throughout the day. We dreaded going to bed!! It's as if every pressure point that is supposed to be supported does exactly the opposite. THAT is how bad this bed is.

It also looks like after less than 2 years, we lost our money. The warranty program seems hopeless based on others' reviews. I'm so frustrated because this thing weighs a ton, and my husband is very strong. It's impossible to move around. I tried to flip it hoping we could get relief. Mistake.. I looked up how to remove the pillow top but what a pain in the **. $2700 down the drain... It's not like mattresses sell great secondhand to recover some of our investment. My husband got this at Macy's. Save your money and go elsewhere!

Original review: Sept. 10, 2020

I wish I had returned this to Macy's within the short window after my purchase. I bought the Lux Estate queen size mattress and after 6 months it's so uncomfortable, it's sagging terribly, in the middle and the edges. I'm around 115 lbs. It's been 9 months now, I hate it and I hate sleeping on it. I'm considering trashing it and buying a TempurPedic. I would rather just take the $2,000 loss in exchange for one good night's sleep. And by the way, the warranty only works if the sag is one and a half inches and not from the tuft... Disappointed in Naples.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2020

I can't believe this $3,500 bed started sagging on the sides less than a year into our purchase. My husband and I have been suffering with back issues since and finally decided it needed to go. It's become unbearable. Don't buy this mattress. It's expensive and, especially at this price-point, it should not be noticeably sagging less than a year into use. Save your back!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

What a disappointment. 3k on a new mattress that we were so excited about. We purchased it from Nebraska Furniture Mart. 7 months into it, and I find we are sleeping upstairs in the guest room on our old mattress. The Stearns and Foster is indenting (and we are nowhere near heavy people) where we sleep. It is buckling up in the middle. The only way we get a DECENT nights sleep is if it is one person in the bed and someone sleeps on the middle part. Beyond waste of money, and huge mistake purchasing this. Would advise anyone to go another route.

Original review: July 25, 2020

This mattress is over 3 years old, still in great shape. Cleans well too. Stearns & Foster brand meant nothing until I slept on one of their mattresses. I'll never purchase another mattress outside of Stearns & Foster. Mine is a medium soft Pillow Top.

Stearns and Foster author review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Stearns & Foster specializes in luxury beds made by certified craftsmen with the highest-quality materials. All mattresses are CPSIA-compliant and made in the United States. Customers can visit one of the many retail stores around the country to test the mattresses before purchasing.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size mattress pricing starts at around $1,500.

• Types of mattresses: Select from HD Memory Foam, IntelliCoil HD and Precision Edge. It also offers a king-size bed made of two twin mattresses, allowing you to share your bed without compromising individual sleeping preferences.

• Trial period: Stearns & Foster does not provide a trial period.

• Warranty: Most, but not all, mattresses include a 10-year limited warranty.

• Additional products: Stearns & Foster specializes exclusively in mattresses. No additional products are available.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Stearns & Foster Bedding Company Information