Take a quiz, get matched with an Accredited Partner!
  2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Stearns & Foster Bedding Reviews

Stearns & Foster Bedding
Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.42/5

Stearns & Foster Bedding Reviews

Original review: March 31, 2020

We purchased a Stearns and Foster mattress 3 years ago and are already having problems with it sinking down around the middle back area area. I called them out and we didn't qualify because their string test didn't show the dent. Clearly if they laid on it, they would know exactly what we're talking about. Both my husband and I have terrible back problems and this mattress is doing nothing but making it worst. Problem is we don't have another $3500 to purchase another mattress. I have had mattresses for 10 years and never had this problem. Their warrantly is worthless. At one times Stearns and Foster was the top of the line.... Well, not anymore. I will never buy another Stearns and Foster mattress ever again....What a rip off this company is.

Original review: Feb. 29, 2020

After 18 years of owning a Stearns & Foster mattress, we decided to purchase another one and after 4 months of owning it, it looks like our 18 year old mattress with full body indents and a big hump in the middle. Went to the Sealy website to file a warranty claim since it’s only 16 months old but they make it such a pain in the ** to file a claim I gave up. We will NEVER purchase another stearns & Foster mattress, so disappointing to spend over 3,000.00 and have a piece of garbage. DON’T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY ON POOR QUALITY.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2020

In the past I have always purchased Sealy Posturepedic pocket coil mattress sets, decided to try the Stearns and Foster Bittersweet 2.0 Tight top. Both my husband and I over the first month experienced at different times a stiff sore lower back once awake. Now it's constant, it's as if there is no spring or floating effect as with my Sealy. If there are pocket coils in this mattress, they are very deep down and a thick layer on top that just feels like we are sleeping on a big bag of hard packed sand. Very disappointed.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2020

Recently purchased a high end hybrid Stearns and Foster mattress. Assured by salespeople that the mattress would alleviate my hip and shoulder pressure point pain issues. Unfortunately the mattress did nothing to alleviate pressure points, instead caused major pain points, so bad I have to take pain medication nightly to try and stop some of the pain so I can sleep. I should not have spent thousands on this mattress, very disappointed with purchase.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2020

I purchased a Stearns and Foster king size bed from Sears a little more than a year ago. I was told at the time that it was the best bed that was on the market. The mattress started to cave in on both sides of the mattress. I filed a claim with Sears. They had me take all kinds of pictures and send it to them. The frame, the box springs, and the mattress itself. With a ruler and a string I needed to show them how deep the indentations were. Because of the top sponge top, it only showed a 1/2 inch. They closed my case saying I didn’t meet the requirements of 1 1/2 inches. If the top foam sponge was not there, the indentations would be more than that. My wife and I have constant back pains which we didn’t have before. Do not buy this product!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stearns and Foster?

Original review: Dec. 31, 2019

I received a Stearns & Foster king mattress as a gift which started to fail within the first year (both sides of the mattress sagged leaving a very high ridge down the center). I called customer service and they would not deal with me saying I wasn't the original owner since it was a gift, even though the mattress was delivered new directly to me. Bottom line is that the Stearns & Foster mattress is of very low quality and their customer service is the worst! Stay away from Stearns and Foster!

Jim

Original review: Dec. 13, 2019

Our Stearns & Foster G.S. Exclusive River Place Luxury Plush mattress failed us in under 2 years but because we had a kid who had an accident that the mattress cover didn't prevent, we couldn't file a claim. I watched a DIY video on repairing sags in your mattress and thought I'd give it a whirl. There is nothing but cheap foam in this thing. No wonder it failed!! We paid a LOT for this mattress. I feel duped. We're going to salvage the springs and buy some memory foam online because we can't afford another mattress. This is terrible! Please, someone do an investigative report on this company.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

How is it that these frauds are still in business? How? Can anyone explain it??? Since they delete and block any non favorable reviews on their social media and their website they can't do it here! Thieves not allowing negative reviews! My mattress sank like the Titanic within 3 weeks and it was a luxury firm and I am a small person! Absolutely disgusting. Takes a real special kind of character to deceive and rip off the public..I mean what kind of industry has inspectors for their products? They obviously know how bad their products are! They are cheap foam. Just absolute garbage! Thousands amongst thousands of similar complaints! Where is the class action lawsuit!?!? It's a win win. Someone please get on it!

All these companies should be shut down!! They've become used car salesmen! Ripping people off, selling defective products and doing everything under the sun to avoid warranty complaints! Everyone please fight the warranties. They make it difficult on purpose so you don't bother and they win and continue to line their pockets with your money! Keep at it and don't let them get away with the deception! You don't see ALL the negative reviews for a reason! They are all deleted and hidden!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2019

Purchased in 2013 with high expectations based on reputation, research and the high-end feel of this mattress. We were very disappointed to see it developed channels in the sleeping positions within 2 years. We are not huge people, 210 and 135 pounds each! Flipping it does little good, simply runs the trench more evenly across the length of the bed. It dips at least 1.5 inches from center to lowest point, but very hard to tell because of tufting pillow top. We didn't have the energy to try and fight a warranty battle. Definitely not buying another from S&F.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

I bought a Stearns & Foster mattress at the Bay on sale in 2016, thinking I was getting a quality mattress at a good price. The mattress edge almost immediately started to sag, and when I contact the Bay I was told to add supports to my bed frame. I did what I was advised to do, and put up with the saggy mattress for three years before deciding that it was not acceptable. I contacted their customer service department and was then told that I had voided my warranty by not putting MORE supports under the box spring. I checked and in small print the warranty described the need for additional support for queen and king sized mattresses, but the website also claimed that their mattresses would work with any quality bed frame.

Canada's competition board has fined the Bay for false advertising concerning mattresses. I feel I was duped by them, but I also feel duped by Stearns & Foster. In my opinion it goes without saying that a good quality mattress and box springs should work with a good quality bed frame without my having to rebuild the base with slats and solid surfaces. I just checked the warranty information on Naturepedic and if the consumer uses their foundation, then the mattress is considered to be adequately supported. What is wrong with the Stearns & Foster foundation that the consumer has to add a custom built foundation to the foundation?

Get matched with an Accredited Partner

Stearns and Foster expert review by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D.

Stearns & Foster specializes in luxury beds made by certified craftsmen with the highest-quality materials. All mattresses are CPSIA-compliant and made in the United States. Customers can visit one of the many retail stores around the country to test the mattresses before purchasing.

• Mattress pricing: Queen-size mattress pricing starts at around $1,500.

• Types of mattresses: Select from HD Memory Foam, IntelliCoil HD and Precision Edge. It also offers a king-size bed made of two twin mattresses, allowing you to share your bed without compromising individual sleeping preferences.

• Trial period: Stearns & Foster does not provide a trial period.

• Warranty: Most, but not all, mattresses include a 10-year limited warranty.

• Additional products: Stearns & Foster specializes exclusively in mattresses. No additional products are available.

by Michael J. Breus, Ph.D. Mattress Contributing Editor

Michael J. Breus, Ph.D., known as The Sleep Doctor, is a Clinical Psychologist and both a Diplomate of the American Board of Sleep Medicine and a Fellow of The American Academy of Sleep Medicine. He is on the clinical advisory board of The Dr. Oz Show and is a regular contributor on the show. He is also the author of several books, including The Sleep Doctor’s Diet Plan: Lose Weight Through Better Sleep (Rodale Books; 2011) and Good Night: The Sleep Doctor’s 4-Week Program to Better Sleep and Better Health (Dutton/Penguin; 2006). Dr. Breus has been featured on several national media outlets, including The Today Show, The CBS Early Show and Psychology Today.

Stearns & Foster Bedding Company Information