Stearns & Foster Bedding

Stearns & Foster Bedding Reviews

Find a Best Mattress Brands partner
1.0(394)

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

Shop Now
Overall Rating1.0 out of 5

About Stearns & Foster Bedding Reviews

Suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2023

Shop Now

Stearns & Foster Bedding Reviews

ConsumerAffairs has collected 394 reviews and 273 ratings.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Stearns and Foster?

Reviewed June 19, 2019

Bought a Stearns and Foster in around 2000 and after 2 years developed dip in middle. Warranty people came out and replaced bed with brand new bed. New bed lasted about another 2 years before another dip developed. I am 6 foot, 175 pound man. No abnormal wear and tear. Flash forward, 2018, I foolishly buy another Stearns and Foster, thinking worse that happens they replace. 9 months, NINE months, bed develops horrible dip. But this time they deliberately engineered it to have a way out of honoring warranty. They put hard plastic buttons on the surface of the bed and created divots. The divots make it hard to measure a "dip", and hard to define what a "dip" is... convenient.

Bad designed bed. But worse, company must know by now their product is defective and yet they keep selling to us sheep. I wish the entire management staff of Stearns and Foster to sleep on their products!!! Horrible bed. I will NEVER buy another Stearns and Foster. Some class action lawyer or Attorney General really ought to go after them. False advertising, false product. Total rip-off.

Reviewed June 1, 2019

Stearns & Foster Cal King Lux Estate model. I am a fit 185 lbs man. I am also an airline employee and travel most of the month. That said, I sleep on the mattress about 10-12 days a month. Cumulatively, I have slept on it less than a year. I am using the recommended S&F foundations as well. I have a terrible time sleeping because when I lay down, my body is in a head-low orientation. This is unnatural and uncomfortable. There is about a 2" depression where I sleep. Expensive horrible mattress. I filed a warranty claim with S&F and they have not responded.

Reviewed May 25, 2019

I was convinced by salesman in a higher end store that Stearns & Foster mattress is top quality and we won't be disappointed. I also was happy to hear it was made in the U.S.A. and the quality check person who built the bed even signed it. Don't buy into this and don't waste your hard earned money. We have a big hump in middle of bed and I never had lower back pain until I bought this mattress. We have a king size bed and we are both in a hole and if you lie on side or stomach and lie with a knee bent facing middle of bed your leg is higher than rest of body. I'm just so unhappy and want other people to know this and not make the same mistake as us.

Reviewed April 25, 2019

We purchased the S&F because we wanted the best that money can buy. Unfortunately this mattress is not it. When the company delivered the mattress it was beautiful. Almost too nice to put sheets on, but that all changed in a few days, months and years. The bed started sagging after about 1 month. It's been all downhill from there (literally). The hole is so deep, that I stopped sleeping in the bed years ago, but my wife tried to tough it out. She finally gave up when her back got so bad that she now takes pain medication. She weighs about 135lbs so this highly priced mattress only created a hole in our pockets and a hole in the bed.

If you are looking for long lasting quality, DO NOT! buy this mattress. BTW, customer service is non existent and your 10 year warranty... LOL. The store will tell you to call S&F, then they will explain to you what they are not going to do. So please do yourself a favor and spend your money on a quality mattress for far less money and back aches...and no black holes.

Reviewed April 23, 2019

After spending literally 2900.00 about 3 years ago this mattress now sinks in the middle. I can’t get any rest and my back hurts each morning I wake. When I purchased this mattress I was told it was the best. I weight 136 so no reason why it should now sink. DON’T PURCHASE. A TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY!

Reviewed April 16, 2019

This mattress is about 15 years old, used for one person, and is still in great condition. I vacuum it maybe once a month. Has kept its shape with very little change. The worst thing is that it is way too heavy for me to turn or flip on my own. Moderately firm with pillow top.

Reviewed April 15, 2019

If you are thinking about buying a Stearns and Foster mattress for the the quality you might as well flush your $2000.00 down the toilet!! This is the poorest quality mattress I have ever owned!! After 1 year it started sagging and now after 3 years it has a hole on the right and on the left. Looks like ** after I make the bed. You would think that a top of the line mattress would last longer than 3 years. It will definitely not be replaced with another Stearns and Foster. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!

Reviewed April 12, 2019

We aren’t heavy people and our new mattress was horrible in less than a year. Customer service was nonexistent and a waste of my call. I had wanted that mattress for a long time. What a major disappointment.

Reviewed April 3, 2019

The mattress was a nightmare. It began to form a large lump down the center & when I contacted the Sleepteks America, Inc regarding my concern, I was extremely disappointed with their response & service. I have not & will not purchase a Stearns & Foster mattress ever again.

Reviewed Feb. 12, 2019

12/2016 we spent 2,400+ on new queen size mattress. The bed is sagging and uncomfortable and creates body pain. We should have read these reviews before purchasing. We will look into a warranty claim but based on other reviews it seems like a futile effort. Buyer beware.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2019

Recent purchases (within past 10 years) of S&F mattresses have shown us that those purchased through Sleepys, now Mattress Firm are crap. After a couple of years, these became so soft that we were sleeping in holes and woke up numerous times during the night due to back and hip pain. Ain't good, especially when you pay over $2K per mattress. King Size Michela was first and replaced in 2013 with the Tinsley.

So, we put in a claim explaining this to S&F both times. First one had a dent more than 1.5", the second didn't last as long, being so soft could support our bodies, even though not permanent indentation of 1.5". We explained this and the fact that customer support person told us they had issues with Sleepy's storing their mattresses improperly and are not selling to them any longer, S&F denied our recent claim last month. We will never buy another S&F mattress and recommend the same to you. We like our new mattress - NOT a Stearns and Foster!

Reviewed Feb. 1, 2019

When brand new you will think it’s the greatest mattress ever. Give it a few months and you will wake up suffocating down into a hole, your remotes, dog, partner, everyone will be sucked down into this sinkhole created by whatever mush they make the bed from. Is there a way to fix this? Anyone have ideas? I’ll squirt expandable foam inside, something to firm up this thing, what a piece of **. Don't buy!

Reviewed Jan. 10, 2019

After 2 years of using the mattress I notice an indentation and is really getting worst every time. I will have to spend another $2000 again. What a waste of money and time. Next time I will review very well before getting another product.

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2018

I have a firm mattress with a pillowtop. It gives me great support and I can sink into it... It's a very heavy mattress and needs to be rotated every three months. I have zero back pain and love, love, love to sleep in it.

Reviewed Dec. 16, 2018

When I tried the mattress in the store, I felt immediate relief from back pain. I researched mattresses before shopping and Stearns & Foster is the highest rated mattress with the longest warranty. It felt like the mattress was custom made just for me!

Reviewed Nov. 3, 2018

My husband and I are still paying off this mattress and already it has indents from where we sleep. It is insanely uncomfortable and for the first time ever my back is in so much pain and I find it extremely difficult to sleep at night. The reviews on here for this mattress are absolutely terrible and I sure wish I could go back in time and see this before making such a terrible purchase. We were naïve and believed this was a quality company but apparently we couldn't have been more wrong.

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2018

I am a chronic illness and chronic pain patient, and have searched all of the year of 2018 for the perfect mattress for my damaged body. I had previously purchased 2 Stearns & Foster mattresses, but that was when I was well and preferred a firm bed. I purchased the Lux Estate mattress in early July, so the 120 day 100% warranty exchange or return is almost up.

It’s useless to test beds in a store anymore. I don’t know what happens during manufacturing, but this is not the same bed I tried out, and I’ve run into this problem more than once this year. I can’t keep buying and returning mattresses, but I can’t continue to toss and turn in pain all night, not getting enough or quality sleep either.

I bought an organic Latex 3” topper with an organic cotton cover. Hopefully that will help me sleep better. I’m so exhausted throughout the day, I have to push hard to do anything, and I’m disabled, so that makes everything so much more difficult. In short: the manufacturers are making these beds so tight and firm now, that it’s useless to buy an innerspring mattress anymore. Hybrid or not.

Reviewed Oct. 12, 2018

I bought this mattress thinking that I was buying the best. I have a bad back so I felt that paying for this supposed quality was well worth it. The mattress looks beautiful, but within 3 months, I noticed that my side of the bed felt like I was in a hole while the other side was very firm and quite noticeably different. I called for a mattress inspection. I was told that it wasn't bad enough. The hole has continued to worsen. My back is always sore and my sleep is terrible. If I roll out of the "hole"...it feels as if I'm on a slope. I called for another inspection and once again I was told that nothing noticeable was wrong with the mattress. I've wasted almost $2000 and now I need to go invest in another brand mattress. This company is difficult to deal with and the quality disappointing to say the very least.

Reviewed Sept. 26, 2018

I have had my Stearns & Foster mattress for 5 years. I got a medium firmness with a medium depth pillow top. Very comfortable for the first few years. I began noticing over time where I lay on it, I was creating a body indentation. Now it's to the point that if I try to lay outside of the indentation, I roll into it as I sleep. This is a real problem. Granted I knew the comfort of the pillow top would decrease over time...what doesn't give in that's padded? But this goes beyond that level to the inside support sagging. I feel pretty cheated and disappointed as it has a 10 year warranty. It looks good aesthetically and will not fail the warranty 2" guidelines, but really is becoming uncomfortable.

Reviewed Aug. 21, 2018

We purchased this mattress and could only keep it for a couple years due to the discomfort we were experiencing. The sales representatives told us this was a high quality mattress that would provide comfort for many years. We were betrayed by the online ratings at the time and by the company we purchased it from. The mattress had body impressions that did not meet the standard for replacement. It seems the company knows exactly how deep the body impressions will occur and have set the warranty to just a bit more to avoid responsibility. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE A STEARNS AND FOSTER MATTRESS. YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Reviewed Aug. 15, 2018

I bought the Stearns & Foster mattress at TheBay in Canada...owned it not even 2 years and mattress feels like crap!!! Was firm when I bought it. Now it's softened...called the company and told them that it feels horrible, they quickly responded that they don't warranty comfort??? I was like wtf??? I get up with lower back pains and sore legs which I never had before. No my lifestyle hasn't changed and I exercise as usual. Do yourself a favor. Buy yourself a memory foam mattress. Even a cheap mattress I bought for 300$ on Amazon is much better. I now have a Stearns & Foster mattress ready for the garbage. So sad...

Reviewed July 29, 2018

Bought the Stearns and Foster Tinsley Estate Mattress from Sleepy's 2 years ago. Worst Mattress I have ever owned. Stearns and Foster replaced mattress After making me jump through Hoops, (Sleepy's was bought out and new company doesn't carry Stearns and Foster). New Mattress is the Estate La Fiorentini IV Luxury Cushion Firm. It has been 2 weeks. Mattress has lump in middle. Will be shocked if this one lasts more than 6 Months. Stearns and Foster is owned by Tempur-Pedic, who also owns Sealy. Will never again buy a Stearns and Foster, Tempur-Pedic or Sealy mattress. Worst support for a mattress I have ever seen and no durability.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

We bought Stearns & Foster king size bedding at Star Furniture Sugar Land TX. After 1 year bed has sag 1 inch. Stearns & Foster is refusing to do anything. The warranty will only cover after mattress will sag 1 and half inches. Please don't buy expensive bed from stearns and foster like I did. Company will not stand behind. Worst customer service. We paid $3100. Not worth it at all.

Reviewed July 5, 2018

Stearns and Foster is Horrible. We bought our mattress from Ashley Home furniture. We Spent around $2800 for next to the top of the line mattress, the one on the showroom was not too soft and not too firm, but after we received it was so hard, and of course Ashley does not offer a 90 or 180 sleep guarantee. My mistake... We bought $150 pillows and the mattress pad protector that I have accidentally spilled my coffee on (DOES NOT PROTECT).

I went to Ashley Furniture store and complained and they said I need to let it break in to give it a year, so for a year I had headaches, when I woke up now it's our back and hips, feel like we are old people. The pits are horrible! We have turned the mattress every way we can. My husband has to sleep on the sofa because it hurts him so bad! He just had cancer surgery and horrible he can't sleep in his own bed! For a bed we spend almost $3000 for! But JUST A FYI THERE IS A CLASS ACTION AGAINST SEVERAL of the mattress companies. They need to step up and do the right thing... & when people are spending that kind of money, they expect QUALITY!!!

Reviewed June 18, 2018

I deeply regret purchasing this mattress. It is not good quality. It has only been 11 months since I purchase and it sags from all 4 edges despite the fact that my husband and I rotate the mattress. It has a lump right in the middle of it. I called Brandsmart to find out to check out the mattress, a technician came out to my house and explained to me that they only consider a mattress defected if it has an inch and a half sag. That's insane! I called Stearns and Foster directly and they simply told me they cannot help me that I have to work with Brandsmart directly. Stearns and Forster do not care about their clients and do not stand by the product. I am extremely disappointed and will not purchase a mattress at Brandsmart ever again.

Reviewed June 8, 2018

My mattress is made very well. It's by Stearns and Foster and it sleeps me well. It's the best the quality, comfort, and the beauty. Let's not forget price. Stearns & Foster is United States made and it does not get any better for me.

Reviewed June 5, 2018

This is one of the better mattresses I have purchased over the years. It seems to remain durable and you can flip it over which really comes in handy. Next time, I will spend more to get a better mattress.

Reviewed May 31, 2018

Great mattress, offers firm support yet very comfortable. Price was not exorbitant like many of their competitors. Would buy another mattress from Stearns & Foster Bedding.

Reviewed May 30, 2018

Purchased the Stearns and Foster Pillowtop Lux Estate 2 years ago. Offers excellent support, pillowtop is holding up great. Best of all I am getting a great night's sleep.

Reviewed May 26, 2018

This is my second Stearns and Foster mattress, my first one lasted over 20 years. The one we have now is great, it's built well and the inside layers help support our backs. I wouldn't buy any other brand.

Reviewed May 25, 2018

Less than two years with constant rotation and the Stearns & Foster bed sags, there's a lump between myself and my husband. His shoulders hurt and my hips hurt. It's not a full 2 inches so the warranty isn't doing us any good.

Reviewed May 24, 2018

This is my 2nd Stearns & Foster mattress. The first did sag during the warranty period. It was inspected and replaced very quickly. I did pay more to upgrade at that time. The replacement mattress has served me beautifully for over 10 years now and is extremely comfortable, no sagging. Tip: Always use top quality mattress cover! When they inspect, they look for stains, and that can void your warranty.

Reviewed April 20, 2018

We bought this king size Stearns & Foster mattress from Sears. At the Sears showroom the mattress looked comfortable and we really liked it. But just after a week we noticed the mattress tends to sag. We went to Sears and they tried to educate that this mattress is designed to behave in such manner - that it adjusts according to the body shape. Now, after couple more week the problem got worse. WIth sagging it became really uncomfortable and I started noticing back pain.

We looked at the warranty and found it include mattress sagging with the limit of 1.5 inch. It also provided a process to measure it. We followed their process and the measurement came out little less than 1.5 inch of sagging at some locations. We sent this information along with the measurement picture to Sears. The reply we received from Sears was most astonishing. It was - aha gotcha. They said because it is less than 1.5 inch it is not covered by the warranty. Now the question is - if the mattress shows clear sign of sagging, close to their warranty limit, in just couple of months, isn't it a problem? With hindsight, it would have been far better if had bought a regular mattress at half the price. Our 10 years old mattress, that we replaced with new Sterns & Bear was far better.

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2018

Bought the top of the line Stearns & Foster King ($4,500.00) Mattress & box spring from Sears. It's been 2 months now and the "Buttons" on the bed are still sticking me. I wake up constantly with body pain in areas where the buttons were installed. I thought it was me at first getting used to a new bed. It's not! We were told initially that we wouldn't feel the buttons, my mistake for believing it. If I return it, it will cost an arm and a leg with all the deductions and fine print. We will try a memory foam cover on top, hope that works. Bad design, what a mistake!!!

Reviewed Jan. 25, 2018

Terrible mattress, even worse customer service and They do not stand by warranty. This is my email to S&F customer service "I purchase a new mattress and box spring at Sears on 01.05.2018 and after getting it to my home it is tear on stitches in 6 places mostly by the handles and corners. It happens when I just lift it by the handles because the mattress is really heavy. I was hoping to buy a high quality mattress, instead it tear easily like the cheapest one, I didn't even have chance to sleep on it yet. I'm really disappointed. I'm looking forward to solve that from your side. I also attached some photos." And this is Tina response from S&F customer service "Thank you for contacting us. Sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your sleep set. The retailer that you purchased from will handle all warranty issues or concerns. Please contact Sears customer service at..."

Really? I don't think Sears is responsible for Stearns & Foster products!!! They don't make them. You are!!! Value of my mattress is $ 4,5 at S&F I checked online and see each comes with a 10 year warranty then I register my mattress at your website. They do not stand by warranty. I am guessing that warranty just look nice when someone is buying your product. THAT'S ALL! Enjoy picture of "high quality S&F" mattress! Think twice before you are going to purchase something from them.

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2018

Best mattress I have ever bought. Sleeps cool and comfortable. I've had MANY MANY mattresses and NONE of them have even compared. Just bought another one for my guest room! Would recommend to anyone who wants a soft but supportive bed.

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2017

I purchased a Stearns and Foster mattress, model "Estate Walnut Grove, Luxury Firm Euro Pillowtop" from Sears. It is supposedly a "memory foam" mattress. My partner and I have our own valleys in which we must sleep, because the memory foam does not ever recover. I would not buy it if I had known.

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2017

I bought a mattress from El Dorado Furniture on 9/30/2013 with 10 years of guarantee. The mattress sunk in the middle, I took a picture, copied the original purchase invoice and filed a claim with the manufacturer on 8/30/2017. The manufacturer send me back an email with instructions to first file my claim with the vendor, if they still represent the manufacturer. I checked online, they did, so I contacted the salesperson. She filed my claim and since then they were giving me the rounds until today 10/16/17, they tell me to go back to the manufacturer for my claim.

I contacted the manufacturer again, (they already have the picture and the original invoice), and now they are asking me to send more pictures so they can decide if they'll send somebody or not to verify my claim! I explained to the rep that I am sick, old, and unable to take the pictures they requested but they claim that they need to verify "the authenticity" of the mattress? Doesn’t that appears in the invoice? I feel they are giving me the rounds too, so I need help from you to how I can proceed please. I am retired, my fixed income is SSA and reading Google reviews this manufacturer Stearns & Foster has a lot of complaints! Please I really appreciate your help! Do you know how can I get my mattress replaced. Never been in this situation before and I am not well to handle it now!

Updated on 03/14/2018: I'm still dealing with the ordeal of my defective mattress since my first claim to Stearns & Foster Bedding on October 2017! I finally got an inspection done and they agreed with the validity of my claim, however they are placing unacceptable conditions to do a replacement, such as I can't get a replacement in a local store. According to Sealy I can only choose certain models and after I do, I need to notify them, so "they will manufacture one for me". I need to pay for delivery and disposal of the defective mattress, and the warranty for the replacement is limited and it doesn't include comfort! In other words, whatever they send me, after it is delivered, If it is not good, I lost my rights to a claim! I have placed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau for both the manufacturer and the local store where I purchased the mattress.

THIS I SUGGEST YOU TO DO IF YOU ARE HAVING A PROBLEM LIKE THIS WITH THIS MANUFACTURER! I see in this website that are many people with complaints about their mattress too! At this point I am waiting to hear from BBB, which so far have been very helpful. My terms for replacement are very reasonable: Full credit for my original purchase with the local store El Dorado Furniture. Be able to choose any mattress model, and be able to get it directly from the local store with the full warranty provided to any new purchase. Delivery and disposal at no charge!

At this point I am ready to seek legal advice if they don't approved my terms. At the end they probably will end up paying much more and who knows maybe even a class action lawsuit comes out of all this! My advice again to all with a complaint with this manufacturer is to file a claim with BBB first and then see what happens! They should not be allowed to do this to anyone! I will keep you posted on my case!

Reviewed Oct. 7, 2017

Purchased a top of the line Stearns and Foster king mattress with twin adjustable bases. It's clear on the receipt that I have twin support bases. Less than a year it's caving in - I sent pictures of damaged mattress which was close to 200 pounds - they say I have to remove mattress and take pictures of the bases. I purchased it because of bad back and now I need to lift a 200lb mattress according to the customer service supervisor Ledya or that's it. Am I suppose to hire a moving company for hundreds of dollars? Who does one ask to come and lift a mattress that takes two moving men to deliver just to take pictures - is this how stearns and foster gets out of the warranty?

If you are purchasing this high priced GARBAGE - do so without any confidence in the warranty or make sure you buy a mattress that you can lift easily because they will do anything NOT to back up their warranty. BTW: when I told Ledya Of customer service that I could not lift the mattress, refer to the receipt for the base support, her response was, "We will wait for the pictures." Great customer service. Buy anything but Stearns and Foster and get specifics on how the warranty is executed. A disgrace.

Reviewed Oct. 1, 2017

Twice I sent all pictures and information to the company regarding the seams falling out. They kept telling me there was no indentation in the seven year old mattress. Finally they understand that it's the seam on the mattress and they said it isn't a manufacture defect. Really it's the seam. Not even an offer for discount toward a new mattress, just there is nothing we can do. This company doesn't stand behind their product. The seams coming out is a manufacture defect!

Reviewed Sept. 8, 2017

March 2013 we purchased the Stearns and Foster "Nancy" luxury firm euro pillowtop - $2000.00 out the door. The uncomfortable sag become irritant August/September 2015 (mattress 2 1/2 years old) to the point that I called the store that we purchased from to be told that if the sag was less than "1 1/2 inches" nothing could be done. In June 2017 we threw "Nancy" out. It had become a back breaker.

The sag that had developed in that mattress in four years was sheer misery. I dreaded getting into bed at night. On a freshly made up bed the sag(s) on both my side and my husband's side was visible although it did not measure "1 1/2 inches" deep. I believe the industry "standard" is that a mattress is suppose to last 9-10 years. That Stearns and Foster piece of junk was on its way to the dump in 4. I gotta say though - unmade up bed that was a good looking mattress: the coloring, the stitching, the grab straps - very pleasing to the eyes - just don't use it for sleeping.

Reviewed Aug. 10, 2017

Bought a S&F Lily Rose from Mattress Firm. "FIRM" should not even be mentioned because it is one of the worst, saggiest mattresses ever. The first one was "defective" with holes the size of softballs in the pillow top. MF replaced it and the new one sags in the center, like a U. I had to have a custom wooden support made by my moving guys but it still sags. MF said I needed to pay $75 for someone to come inspect it. What a load of crap. I paid $1800+ and have constant backaches. MF no longer sells S&F and I cannot even sell the mattress online because NO ONE wants it and it weighs a ton. I sleep better on an air mattress in a tent than I do with this.

Reviewed Aug. 4, 2017

Mattress Firm has only queen beds on display. Queens are built differently from Kings, so I find out. I've bought a 2500$ king bed. First mattress developed pits on both sides. There is a mountain of very hard padding in the middle. The more you sink into the pits over time. They gave me another to replace and it does the same thing. On a cold night it is almost impossible to get close to your partner. I hate the mattress and the company. A "Lin" inv customer service refuses to let anyone contact management. I just get spun with benign excuses. I will never buy from this company again. When asked why the Sterns and Foster King mattresses in motels are so comfortable, this "Lin" tells me that motel mattresses are made different. Hence, there is a issue in design. Do they want to do anything about it? NO!

I want a full refund, and get another brand of bed that not sold by fraudulent means (queen to try in store). Warranty said after the first bed, that mountain in the center was a fluke and would not happen again, HA! I've jumped on the mountain in the center, I had my kids jump on it, I placed very heavy weights to break down the hard mountain, and I considering driving my Tahoe across the middle of the bed to break down the mountain. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, POOR PRODUCTS AND NO C.E.O. THAT GIVES A DARN TO BE ACCESSIBLE TO CUSTOMER ISSUES.

Thanks for your vote! Report
Leslie increased rating by 3 stars.
After a positive interaction with Stearns & Foster Bedding, Leslie increased their star rating on Aug. 28, 2017.

Updated review: Aug. 28, 2017

After 5.5 years the mattress sagged the required 1.5 inches so that Haverty's agreed to replace the mattress. I got a serta mattress. The box spring was not replaced. My point being just wait and this mattress will reach the 1.5 inches. It actually sank the rest of the way pretty much on its own. We bought a new mattress and it was only slept on intermittently by my daughters when they came home. The way they test the mattress is to put some weights on the two ends of a string and drop it over the bed then use a block of wood with a ruler glued to it to place on the bed. I just made my own device and kept checking it monthly.

Original Review: July 25, 2017

We bought this mattress (Stearns and Foster Whitegate Luxury firm) and within 5 years it started to have a sag in the middle. The sag is so bad two people cannot sleep on the mattress without rolling to the middle. I had the seller come out and check the mattress because there is a 10 year warranty. It has a 1" sag. The warranty will not kick in without a 1.5 inch sag. Bought a Serta mattress to replace this one and am keep it in another room until it gets a 1.5 sag so I can at least get something back for this bad purchase. Lesson do not buy Stearns and Foster.

Reviewed July 23, 2017

Bought a king size Stearns and Foster pillow top Cora mattress... not even 3 years and the mattress is sinking in so bad it's uncomfortable. Our previous mattress was a queen size Simmons Beautyrest Do Not Disturb. We had that mattress when our first son was born. He is still using that mattress and he is 18! No problems with it sinking or losing shape. This Stearns and Foster mattress cost double the price and we have to get rid of it after 3 years! Not worth the money. Mattress is garbage! We kept a cover on it to abide to warranty requirements and of course the warranty doesn't cover sinking! Sinking is on both sides of the bed and I weigh 105 lbs! Company probably knew that was a flaw! Never again! We just purchased a Simmons memory foam mattress and are happy to put this Stearns and Foster junk into the trash!

Reviewed July 13, 2017

Lost 2 mattresses. Never experienced this much incompetence. Ordered a Stearns and Foster mattress through a friends and family discount, so warehouse direct. I've had many friends buy mattresses and give rave reviews which is why I went to them. Well I really regret that. The order will take 4-6 weeks before I get it. Okay, that's pretty normal for a mattress. 6 weeks passed and there's nothing. I got an email with a tracking site but it hasn't updated at all. I call several different numbers, getting passed around from customer service to delivery and back.

Finally I get ahold of a representative. She says the factory sent it to delivery... checks in with delivery and they never received it, despite paperwork saying someone had signed it in. So they lost the mattress. After a few more phone calls, I finally get a representative who says they will re-process the order: I have to wait another 4 weeks, they will expedite this order. I ask for a delivery fee refund, they reluctantly grant it. I wait. Nothing. No phone calls or emails. I call them to check on the status. They don't know, say they will call me back tomorrow. They don't call me back, I have to call them after 2 days of waiting. Guess what? They lost this mattress too. I'm cancelling the order and taking my business elsewhere.

In short: they lost 2 mattresses, with no idea of how that happened. First of all, that's just a bad business model: how often do you lose mattresses (and by extension profits)? Second, throughout this whole 3 month process, since I first put in my order and paid, never did the company contact me. I had to call them when 6 weeks were up to ask about my order. It took me several calls before I could even find a representative, let alone one who wouldn't just transfer me to the next person. Wish I could give them 0 stars.

Reviewed June 27, 2017

Bought 5 beds in Bloomingdales after house fire, had my king size for just over 2 years and it's all lumps and hollows. They said there was a 10 year warranty but because of a small coffee stain on mattress they voided warranty. Never again would I buy a Stearns & Foster. Biggest piece of junk on market.

Reviewed June 26, 2017

This mattress has been a disaster since the beginning. While the delivery guys were still here, I told them it felt like is was broken and sagged. They said to call the store. I did and store replaced. The next one they bought out was a little better for about a month. It sags, has no support, and is very uncomfortable. Mattress Firm says there was no warranty due to outlet purchase. It was a $1200 mattress and should last longer than 3 years. I will never buy Stearns and Foster again. After reading these reviews, I guess others had the same experience.

Reviewed May 31, 2017

This is our fourth Stearns & Foster Mattress from Bloomingdale's in Boca Raton Florida. Our salesperson was wonderful, on time delivery, brand new condition on each. After just a few years thousands of dollars are wasted and both my husband and I lose hours of sleep and have ongoing back soreness. Stearns & Foster Mattresses SAG and the top padding does not allow the mattress to reflect accurate measurement process the company requires to honor the warranty. Stearns & Foster should come with a 10 year supply of Biofreeze to help out with back pain. Our last mattress was returned under warranty. However it was inspected several times before they agreed it was defective. During that time period we slept in our spare room. I am wondering if any class action lawsuit potential exists on these mattresses.

Reviewed May 22, 2017

Best mattress ever, everyone keeps taking naps in my bed. I have always had coil mattresses and was afraid to go with a pure foam so I thought the hybrid would be a good compromise. I love it. It is so comfortable yet moderately firm. I feel it is the perfect choice. My nine year old daughter keeps trying to sleep in my bed because she said it feels like a cloud. I have not seen any issues with valleys or lumps. I have had it two months and can't say enough about how much I love this mattress.

Reviewed May 18, 2017

I purchased the Stearns and Foster about a year ago and it is already trash. The bed is completely sagging in the middle! What a waste of money, I am so disappointed! I will never buy or even sell these beds again! I use to tell customers they were top notch because that was what was told to me! They're a top notch waste of money is what they are! Do not buy this brand!

Reviewed May 3, 2017

This mattress was very uncomfortable after 3 months. It had wells where you lay and left a hump in the middle causing you to not be able to roll over while sleeping. Pressure points on hips from hard mattress and dip that hurts neck and shoulders (from the top edge) after only 3 months. When I contacted Mattress One and informed them I found out my warranty was worthless essentially as you have to be able to see a 2.5 inch sag without touching it. You can touch it with a finger tip and see it. The sag is there but you can't see it because they have creatively engineered to top layer to be taut and stay high even though nothing is under it but air. I will never purchase Stearns and Foster again! Nor will I purchase from Mattress One who charges $50 to honor their warranty.

Reviewed April 15, 2017

In January 2017, I decided to replace my king bed with a top of the line S & F mattress. Expecting the best from the best. The mattress came factory wrapped assuming quality control at the factory did its job. The 72 hr. window of time to make a complaint passed when the hidden defect was found glued under the pillow top on a $ 4000+ mattress. The delivery company will exchange the product for a 15% restocking fee from ME the purchaser. The Rep for S & F won't acknowledge the issue, hides behind the delivery rules and insists I pay the $600 to make right THEIR mistake.

Reviewed April 10, 2017

We had purchased a Stearns and Foster mattress from Macy's a couple of years ago. I want to say about 4. Anyway the first year it went well then it came that the mattress lost all the firmness and has dents where you sleep and it became the most uncomfortable mattress ever. I have to put blankets and books to even out the bed. There are other complaints by other people. But no one wants to call you back or replace it. They even said on their commercial that they deliver free. That was a lie. It's been so mentally crazy. Never again will I purchased a mattress from Macy's again. Plus with being disabled using everything I had to purchase this mattress is so disgusting.

Reviewed April 3, 2017

What a waste of $3000. I bought a S&F mattress at a dive store called Sit N Sleep 6 months ago and like other people's reviews, our King size bed developed hills and valleys - hills on the middle and sides, and valleys where we sleep. In fact the inspector came out and measured more than 2" have sunk where we sleep. Now I have to deal with S&F directly because Sit N Sleep is a joke and going out of business soon. But of course our mattress is not valid under warranty because we "didn't have a box spring" under it. I guess I should have read the entire mattress manual when I purchased it. Bye S&F. Bye SnS. Hope you both go out of business soon before other innocent people become victims of your horrible quality mattresses and customer service.

By the way, I'm convinced that all the mattresses that Sit n Sleep sells are defective - that's why the same mattress are priced lower there than higher end stores like Bloomingdale's and Macy's.

Reviewed Feb. 26, 2017

We purchased this bed (Stearns & Foster Estate Glenda King, pillow top firm mattress) brand new at Morris Home in Beavercreek, Ohio. - 2121 Harshman Road in 2013. 10 Year warranty. After 3 months of use, the bed seemed 'off.' After calling and reporting this information to Morris, we were told to wait for a call from Stearns & Foster. After getting a call back from Stearns & Foster, we were told to wait for a call back from their independent consultant in our area to schedule an appointment. It took a month after our first call to get someone to even look at our issue.

The 'indestructible' frame that was purchased with the entire bed broke. - They replaced it. The consultant took out a laser measurement tool and told us the 'dip' wasn't at a high enough percentage. (Of course the pillow top of the mattress prevented the full measurement for accuracy as it kept form.) Despite our efforts to show him as we sat on the bed, he said he was going by the 'rules.'

After 4 years of 'sleeping' (you don't tend to get a lot of sleep when you toss and turn) on a $2k mattress, my back is out of alignment and I have constant hip, neck, and shoulder pain. We've wore out our living room furniture from sleeping on it, and often times preferred the floor over this mattress. We even went to the extent to place an air mattress under the mattress to fill in the dips, long enough to fall asleep before the air mattress loses the air over the night.

We just purchased a new mattress and box springs that is memory foam and organic for $500. That is amazing. We will NEVER spend that amount of money on another bed (our very first bed purchase by the way) and will NEVER buy from Stearns & Foster again. 2/26/2017 - Upon moving the mattress out, the warranty sticker still attached. They should save some trees if they're not going to keep their word.

Reviewed Feb. 14, 2017

The most expensive bed I ever bought and the worst bed I ever bought. I went for what I thought was the best but unfortunately my Stearns & Foster bed is terrible! What a complete waste of thousands of dollars! The mattress is not flat all the way across, has two dips either side of a central ridge so I have to sleep in one of the dips within a 2 ft wide zone. If I try to move outside that zone it feels like I'm on a slope or a ridge. This is a king size bed btw! I contacted Sears one day outside of the 60 day return policy and they said "tough, can't help you". They sent the warranty specs but the dip has to be so ridiculously deep before they'll do anything - such a worthless warranty! Never again Sears! Never again Stearns & Foster!

Reviewed Feb. 10, 2017

We purchased this Stearns and Foster hybrid lux estate brooklet queen mattress one month ago. I was originally looking into the Beautyrest hybrid mattress. I read all kinds of reviews on Serta and Beautyrest but hadn't read any on Sterns and Foster. I went with the mattress that was most comfortable at the Sleepy Hollow Sleep Shop. I was a little nervous when I got home and looked at the reviews on Sterns and Foster. I don't think I would have purchased this mattress had I seen all these bad reviews. We are very happy with our new bed we paid $2500 on sale and just love to go to sleep at night. You can't get these beds wet. I do recommend getting a waterproof terry cloth mattress cover. So far this is the most comfortable bed and the best sleep I have ever had. Every once in a while I'm sure they make a bad mattress but I'm very happy this was not the case. Love, love, love, this bed!!!

Reviewed Jan. 19, 2017

I was worried when I read these reviews while waiting a couple weeks for delivery. I had made a $3000 mistake but after a few weeks of sleeping on the bed I have not. I sleep better than I have ever before. I use to wake up with my bum shoulder hurting and would have to flip sides 4 or 5 times a night on my old mattress. Now I don't wake up at all. If there is any negatives - it’s harder to get up for work in the morning. I don't want to get out of the thing and it could be a tad cooler but at this time I have a mattress cover on it. I may remove and go with just a sheet to see if I can feel the cool gel better. I will be back in 4 or 5 years to speak to how it holds up since the hybrids are kind of a newer breed.

Reviewed Jan. 13, 2017

We purchased a Stearns & Foster mattress in 2013 from Sunrise Surplus, which of course is now out of business. We decided it was time to buy the best, we did not need another mattress, but one of our grown children did. We gave them ours and decided to go out and buy the best of the best. It is painful to sleep in, it has also ripped around the top stitches that is connected to the top layer. It is almost ripped all the way around, it is as if it just dry-rotted overnight (weird).

Not only have I never seen such a mess, I've never dealt with a company who cared only about taking your money and not trying to do right by the consumer. I will never deal with this company again nor any of its generic companies that sell for them. You should be ashamed for taking people's hard-earned money, you should also make a better product if you are going to continue to rob folks. If you would do right by customers you would probably do a lot better in your business, but I guess if you take a thousand dollars or more from us all then you are doing well not to replace defective items. Thank you for your time and enjoy your meals on our dime.

Reviewed Jan. 12, 2017

Bought a very expensive S&F mattress. After 6 months it developed body impressions on each side pushing my wife and I to our separate sides. Instead of flat surface, we have hills and valleys, making using the mattress very uncomfortable. In fact, our 8-year old Serta was in better shape than this now 2-year old mattress. Warranty rep. told us that unless the indentations reach certain depth, there no help from the manufacturer will be coming. Never mind our discomfort. Now we're facing having to throw away this lemon and having to buy another mattress. I can guarantee that it won't be S&F!

Reviewed Jan. 8, 2017

We bought a Stearns & Foster Lux Estate California E King Mattress at Ashley's Furniture store in CA. We purchased it 3 months ago. We believed we were buying a top end mattress, but to our dissatisfaction, it wasn't. We've suffered with severe lower back pain since the day of purchase. I've tried different pillows and still have back pain. We left to Las Vegas for New Years and we slept at Aria and check what kind of mattress they had because we slept very comfortable. It was a Sealy mattress. I spent 6k on my mattress and I regret it!!! I should of checked these reviews before buying!!! NEVER AGAIN!

Reviewed Dec. 30, 2016

Purchased a S&F Luxury Estate mattress 4 years ago and it has been the worst mattress I've ever owned. Do not buy this brand. Company says it must have a 1 1/2" dip, but the padding rebounds to 1". Therefore, the manufacturer will not allow for replacement. I regret ever making this purchase. Each night is a horrible sleeping experience. I wake up in a crater daily with back and neck pain. I bought this mattress because it was supposed to be the best, but it has been a very large and expensive disappointment. If you call the manufacturer, you will get absolutely no help, but you will be treated rudely by both the customer service specialist and management, especially if you have the unfortunate luck of dealing with a person by the name of T.J. **, National Escalations & Mediation Specialist.

Tempur+Sealy. Stay away from this mattress, you will almost immediately regret your decision, I know I did. I also noticed that I am not alone in this unfortunate situation, I've recently read review after review of people having the exact same problem as I do. It is quite clear that this was a poor purchase and I recommend that you stay away from any product associated with Stearns and Foster.

Reviewed Dec. 29, 2016

Bought a Stearns & Foster Lux Estate California King Mattress at Mancini's in Modesto, Ca. We purchased it about a year and a half ago. We believed we were buying a top end mattress, but to our dissatisfaction, it wasn't. I've suffered with severe lower back since the purchase. I'd wake up several times during the night, hurting. Not connecting the pain to the mattress I scheduled an appointment with my doctor. She tested for UTI's that could lead to back pain. Tests were negative. I then began to research online and found my way to this site. Unbelievably, several others have experienced the same symptoms. To make a long story short, we had to buy a new mattress. From day one of sleeping on the new mattress there has been no pain. I really wish we could get our money back.

Reviewed Dec. 23, 2016

We bought one of the most expensive S & F mattresses and within a year had slight dip in it on each side. Within two years, much larger dip. Called the store and they sent someone out. They measured and said it was 1" and could not be exchanged. A year later, called again because it was close to 1 1/2". Sent someone again and they said not enough.

Spoke to store employee and they told me to "get two 24 to 30 case of bottle water and leave them on bed as soon as you get up. Wait until they show and quickly remove and fluff cover." They said that when you get up, the memory foam comes back but quickly goes down once you lay down. By putting the bottled water on it, it keeps it down until they show. If two cases don't do it, use 3-4 cases. It works. Really frustrating when you spend $4k and the mattress is shot within a year. That's why we buy from Costco now. They take it back if unhappy. No mattress holds up nowadays. They all get the "sink". Unless you get a firm with no pillow top. Might as well sleep on the floor. Hope that helps some people so they get to exchange it. Good luck!

Reviewed Dec. 22, 2016

A manufacturer that profits from sales of defective products that results in injury, pain & suffering should be required to compensate its victims... Otherwise we are allowing a blatant crook to continue to harm others with impunity. STEARNS AND FOSTER, SHAME ON YOU!!! We purchased a S&F Estate "Emily Rose King Prime" from Mattress Firm Co. on 8/22/2015 for $2351.85. The mattress started sagging after only a few months... we started having massive headaches, constant back pain and getting absolutely no rest. We thought this was a fluke... after all this was a "Stearns and Foster" top of the line mattress. Our call to the Mattress Firm location where we initially purchased resulted in a hands up, we are not responsible defense... no surprise there.

The warranty company required us to pay a $50 fee to have an "inspector" come to measure the depth of the sag... SERIOUSLY?! After waiting 3 weeks for our appointment (which was only available on a Sunday), and then waiting 2 more weeks for "processing" we were told the sag is not deep enough to qualify for a replacement... OMG! It's only been a year! How much longer do we have to suffer? What kind of company would require you to wait until your mattress sags to 1 1/2 inch and you suffer further injury before they will act?

Apparently from the reviews we see here, this is standard operating procedure for Stearns and Foster... We have all been given the shaft by a corporate giant! We have to come together to hold Sterns and Foster accountable for these cases of theft. Yes, theft... what other label would you put on a person who slyly takes your hard earned cash, all the while pretending they are selling you a quality product? Like we said: STEARNS AND FOSTER, SHAME ON YOU!!!

Reviewed Dec. 21, 2016

I replaced a 15 year old mattress with a $1800 Stearns and Foster Baroque Mattress. After sleeping on it for 3 months, it sags as much as the 15 year old mattress did. I am 5ft tall, 100lbs and the sagging is so bad it feels like I am sleeping in a canoe. Interestingly, with sheets on, you can see that the impressions in the bed are about 2 inches deep but without sheets you can no longer see them. As a result, I don't meet the warranty specs for replacement. DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY. Stearns and Foster makes terrible mattresses. Buyer beware.

Reviewed Dec. 15, 2016

Have a bad back and have been sleeping on this mattress for over ten years with no ill effects. Stearns & Foster is expensive but is also of a higher quality.

Reviewed Dec. 10, 2016

My husband's side of this mattress has completely crashed - he weighs 185 lbs. - and the foot end has pooched out several inches. This mattress is less than three years old - and we travel 3-4 months out of the year so it is not used at all during those times. The boutique store sold it as a floor model - no warranty - and offered us 1/2 price on one of their primary brand mattresses when we lodged our complaint with them within six months of purchasing the mattress. Can't afford that fix.

Reviewed Dec. 7, 2016

Bought this mattress from a department store and am still using it. Bought the same brand for my daughter. We both love our mattress. There's no sagging. We have a pillow top and still very comfortable to sleep in after all these years.

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2016

We purchased a Stearns and Foster high end mattress that cost us over 1800.00 dollars thinking it would be the best bed ever. After 6 mos. we noticed it started sagging. Our bed has zero support. You would swear this bed was worn out. You push on the sides and it sinks like 5 inches. It's the worse bed we have ever purchased. My husband and I cringe when we get into bed at night knowing we are going to have an awful sleep and wake up sore. We have finally had enough and are going to have to buy a new bed.

I'm sleeping on the couch right now and my husband is sleeping on one of our kids' old twin beds that cost a whole 100.00 ten years ago and we are having better nights sleeps. It is so pathetic!!! I can't believe Stearns and Foster can get away with making such a poor quality bed for the amount of money they charge. This is fraud!!! I will never ever buy their product again and will tell everyone I know not to. I wish I had read reviews before I ever purchased this bed!!!

Reviewed Nov. 19, 2016

We bought our Stearns and Foster Tasha mattress from Sleep Train in July 2013 for $2400. We have very big dips in each side, despite rotating the mattress monthly. All the rotating does is give us the hole the other one was sleeping in. We cannot roll uphill to the middle and struggle to roll out once we are in our divots. We also have only 1+ inch dip (while the bed is EMPTY!) and have been told that is normal. We have traveled frequently, and are always so sad to go home to our own horrible bed. We thought we shopped carefully for this bed, but clearly at 3 years the ratings go down from 5 to 1. Not sure what to do but we both have backaches and will have to replace it soon.

Reviewed Nov. 1, 2016

I have only had this mattress for only 3 years. I paid $1300.00 on sale for it at Macy's. After only a year there was a severe dip in the mattress. When I called customer service at Macy's they sent a tech to my home to inspect it. There was a 1 inch dip in the mattress when a string was put side to side. They said it had to be a 2 inch dip and to call in another year to measure again? Two years later I called again and the tech came out to measure, again side to side with a string. Still only 1 inch dip.

I took the string and measured diagonally corner to corner and it was over 1 1/2 inches dip. This time the tech said it had to be a 1 1/2 inches dip. It will never be a 1 1/2 inch dip measuring side to side. Both sides will go down equally because of how our body weight is distributed and most time is spent in the middle third of the mattress! This is a horrible mattress and dealing with the company is even worse. Do not purchase a mattress manufactured from Stearns & Foster.

Reviewed Oct. 16, 2016

We purchased a split King Stearns and Foster 2 months ago, I plainly asked if the mattress would move and leave a gap between mattresses, they said no, they do move and a gap of 4-6 inches between everyday. I am very upset as we paid $7000.00 for this.

Reviewed Oct. 9, 2016

We purchased a king size mattress on clearance made by Stearns & Fosters from Slumberland. The "top of line" mattress still costed us $1.470,00 but we thought it was a good deal considering its quality appearance and brand. We have had that for less than three months and the mattress sides have sagged and as you get in bed you sink into a hole as the mattress has degraded. We have been experiencing back pain and going to bed has become very unpleasant. This mattress must have a design issue on its springs as they collapse with light weight losing support. We were told by Slumberland that this product cannot be returned because it was on clearance, so now we have no destination to this trash.

Reviewed Oct. 6, 2016

My son and I both bought Stearns and Foster mattresses and box springs - which were quite expensive. The company we bought them from went out of business. Stearns and Foster told me I had to replace my bed frame before they would replace it. I did that, and so far nothing but a big runaround. My son's complaint still has not been addressed. I will never ever buy a Stearns and Foster Mattress set again. I originally had a Beauty Rest which lasted over 25 years... the Stearns and Foster are approximately three years old and problems from the get go. We submitted photos and measurements for both mattresses sets.

Reviewed Sept. 19, 2016

Mattress was breaking down after one year 1" slope/valley, edges breaking down, valley on each side, mountain in the middle. I actually can feel the coils individually, and I roll back into the valley. So, when you turn the mattress you're turning it back to the other valley. I talk to Art Van. They sent out another mattress tech two years into the sale same thing. I explain I paid a little more than 2,000.00 on sale at Art Van two years ago. These are the worse mattresses I've ever own. No one wants to honor the warranty. The memory foam goes back to its original shape except for the 1", but the rest of the mattress does not!

Reviewed Aug. 28, 2016

Bought a Walnut Grove Luxury Cushion Firm Mattress made by Stearns & Foster in Sears 2 years ago, and it is killing us (back and hips pain to both my husband and me). We spent $1509,99 in a mattress that is supposed to have a 10 year warranty, and is already sunk in the middle. When asked Sears about the issue, they said we have to show a distortion of 1.5 inches if we want the mattress to be consider for warranty. The problem is that it has a 2 inches pillow top (foam and quilt) that cover the distortion caused for the bad quality coils of the mattress. Long story short: STAY AWAY FROM.

Reviewed Aug. 27, 2016

Our mattress is about a year old and is breaking down. We have a hump down the middle and soft spots on both sides of the bed, possibly a collapsed coil spring. The first 3 months the mattress was very nice and now it rates only a 1 star. The store where we bought it has been out 3 times to look at it. The last time they said that the body impressions are only at 1" and their standard is 1 1/2". They said that the only thing that they can do is for us to keep sleeping on it and call them back out in a couple of months. Neither myself or my husband can get a good night's sleep on this mattress and we don't have the funds to just go and buy a new one since they are expensive. We thought that this one was supposed to be a quality mattress, but there is no way that it should be breaking down this quickly.

Reviewed Aug. 23, 2016

We purchased the Stearns and Foster Whitegate Firm full size Mattress from Havertys in May 2011. It was great for two years and then the center began to sag a bit. By five years, the sag is 3/4 of an inch, noticeable and causes the sleepers to fall to the middle. The edge is still high with the metal rim that is under the edge. Needless to say, having an expensive mattress for 5 years and then having to buy another mattress is not acceptable. The 10 year warranty states that the sag must be 1 and half inches to make a claim. This mattress was turned every 3 months and we are not heavy people. I decided that I would search for a two-sided mattress so that I would not have to deal with issues with one-sided mattresses that cannot be flipped. Found ones online that are manufactured for hotels. Really disappointed in Stearns and Foster for the lack of quality of their mattresses.

Reviewed Aug. 19, 2016

My wife and I purchasing a Stearns and Foster from El Dorado 4 years ago and the inside support got bad (according to the inspector). We filed the claim with the manufacturer and this is why they are declining the process. "We have received the inspection results on your Stearns and Foster sleep set. The pictures that were sent in by the inspector indicates that there are no manufacturing defects present in your sleep set at this time. Unfortunately the body impressions in your mattress are less than 1.5 inches in depth, the mattress would not be considered to be defective." Do yourself a favor and move to another manufacturer. My recommendation is not to buy Stearns and Foster.

Reviewed Aug. 18, 2016

Approximately one year ago, we bought the Stearns & Foster brand thinking it was a reputable name. I'm seriously disappointed in the quality of this bed. Not more than a month after our purchase I noticed it was sagging. I flipped the mattress around & again it began to sag. I never had back pain, I now wake with pain and have difficulty moving. I would encourage everyone to read these reviews prior to purchasing. The location where we bought this from went out of business. Unhappy in PA. :(

Reviewed Aug. 3, 2016

We purchased a Stearns and Foster bed 8 years ago. It was the top of the line bed in the store. A few months and the body impressions became so significant. We both wake up with back pain in the morning. We called the warranty department and they advised the impressions had to be a certain depth before they would replace the mattress, we had to wait several years before they finally agreed to replace it. When getting the replacement mattress they assured us the technology was better and we would not have the same experience. Within a few months of receiving the replacement - same issue. Huge body impressions and back pain! Customer service advised the process is the same as before. We are stuck with craters in our mattress for several years until the divots meet their standards. Save yourself the time and pain, don't buy a Stearns and Foster!!!

Reviewed Aug. 2, 2016

My wife and I looked and tried many different mattress before purchasing a Stearns and Foster from Sears. Within two weeks we felt the mattress was way softer than the sample tried in the store. We talked to Sears who said if it sinks below 2 inches it might be covered. The mattress looks fine until you get in bed where you sink into a hole which is hard to roll out of. Back and neck and hip pains are the result of sleeping on a Stearns and Foster mattress which price tag exceeded $2500 dollars. Do yourself a favor and move to another manufacturer. My recommendation is not to buy Stearns and Foster.

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2016

We purchased our Stearns & Foster set in 2005. We have been so happy with it that we know it's time for a new set. We have no complaints other than the middle is starting to break down, but after this many years, I would say we definitely got our money worth. Hoping our next set will be as good as the first.

Reviewed Aug. 1, 2016

I bought the Hannah Grace mattress at JC Penney at the Mothers' Day Sale May 2016. Once it was delivered, the latex had a super strong odor lasting for a few weeks, had to open the windows. By the 2nd week a huge sagging depression appeared. I slept alone on the mattress for 35 days before reporting, I am 5'3" and petite. I turned the mattress thinking the memory foam would rejuvenate. Wrong. Another sagging depression developed.

I submitted the warranty claim. JC Penney sent out the inspector and he measures over a 1.5 inch indentation. JC Penney is replacing the entire mattress and box spring per manufacturer defect. If it happens again with replacement, I will have to exchange for a different brand, especially reading ConsumerAffairs reviews. I am concerned that the display mattresses are a much higher quality and not the same product prepared for the customers. I am sorely disappointed in the Stearns and Fosters product. It has been a nuisance to go through the warranty process. I feel the display misrepresented the actual product. We'll see how long the new mattress lasts? I will be careful to report defects with immediacy!

Reviewed July 29, 2016

We purchased a Stearns & Foster mattress at Ashley because it was billed as "top of the line." After just 3 months, going to bed has been an ordeal. The bed traps you like quicksand. There is a huge depression that sucks you into the center. My husband and I have been experiencing neck and back pains ever since. We have filed a claim with Ashley against the warranty and have been told that a "mattress specialist" will be coming out to assess the situation. If it is found to have a manufacturer's defect it will be replaced otherwise, we're out of luck!

Reviewed July 28, 2016

In 1955 I was working at Stearns & Foster in Lockland, Ohio. I was interest in a new mattress so the boss let me make my own. I put extra padding in it so it would be good and firm. It turn out that my mattress was with me for and I will admit longer than most people stay married, probably about 20 years. Then after that we purchase a Select comfort and sleep on air which we been using for 39 years, and by the way we been married for 59 years. So my point is yes, S&F are good mattress. No order, just responding to all the negative reports.

Reviewed July 26, 2016

Susie King Mattress - We purchased this mattress 4 years ago and for the last 2 years it has been sagging on both sides. I am an average sized female, 138 lbs. A complaint along with numerous photos to the Stearns & Foster rep, Tim **, was rejected because the two indentations are not at least 1 1/2 inches! We will be following this claim but wanted to get the word out, DO NOT BUY STEARNS AND FOSTER!!

Reviewed July 16, 2016

Terrible mattress! I've had it less than two months and there is a ridge down the middle of the mattress, and I am sleeping in a bit of a depressed hole. Horrible. I can't imagine what this will be like in two years! Sending it back to Macy's. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

Reviewed July 16, 2016

Bought a king size Stearns & Foster sleep set. This is the worst mattress I've ever purchased $1,400 paid. From night 1 my lower back began hurting. Would never again select a Stearns & Foster mattress for my personal sleep set.

Reviewed June 23, 2016

We were told when we purchased our mattress 3 yrs ago that it was GUARANTEED for 10 yrs and if we did not like it or defective in any way, it would be replace. When I went to look for our paperwork on it, I discovered there was not any written guarantee and that it says SERTA, not Stearns & Foster. So we paid all that extra money for a Stearns & Foster when in fact it is made by SERTA? Anyway, like many of the reviews I just read, it started sagging last year and no support for my back at all. Is there any such thing as the 10 yr guarantee as we were told? I am doubtful, but guess we were another vulnerable customer. Very disappointed with the mattress for the money spent. Thanks.

Reviewed June 14, 2016

Bought Baroque queen bed from Macy's. The bed began to sag in about 3 months. After 6 months my husband was sleeping in a pit - really bad sagging. Glad we bought from Macy's - so far working on a return and they have been cooperating. Read other reviews and this is a very common problem. Was thinking of replacing this with a Beautyrest Black series, but reviews are similar in premature sagging. Anyone find a good bed??

Reviewed June 10, 2016

When I bought a Stearns & Foster mattress in 2009, it was supposed to be a custom, pillowtop mattress (Plush on 1 side, firm on the other). Unfortunately for me, the salesman who sold it to me thought I would never know the difference (At first I didn't). It was nicer than the one I previously had until I started having back pains. When I called the salesman asking to reselect under my comfort guarantee I was told too much time had gone by, it was mine.

Years later I started working for the company I bought my mattress from. When talking to the bedding manager, I told him I had a custom bed but wasn't impressed. He looked it up to see which 1 I had, to find out I DIDN'T have a custom mattress at all. All I could say is my parents taught me to never trust a salesman.

While I was at training, a rep from Stearns and Foster asked "Who here has a Stearns and Foster sleep system?" I was the only one who raised my hand. He said "Great! How do you sleep?" I said, "I don't. But if you ask my husband he says 'it's a cloud', I say it's a brick." He said, "I knew I was opening a can of worms, but it's ok, we'll talk after class."

I explained how I had been fooled, my disappointment finding out, and now how angry I was after spending the amount of money on basically a brick. He then asked me if there was anything he could do to fix it. I told him I wasn't sure? He then offered if he could take back my mattress and exchange it for the right mattress, if it would make things right for me. I said that sounds good, but I need a custom mattress. My husband needs support and I need comfort. He said he would see what he could do to take my mattress back and depending on my selection I would have to pay the difference (I found that more than generous, seeing that he didn't have to take it back at all, it wasn't defective or broken down in any way).

Between then and now, my back couldn't take it anymore. I couldn't find the right mattress from Stearns and Foster so I bought a custom mattress from Kingsdown that I absolutely LOVE, have gotten sleep and felt great! But I still felt cheated about my Stearns and Foster. I have always heard how great it was, but unfortunately for me, I had the wrong mattress.

Well, I'm happy to say, today, I am the proud and rested owner of a Stearns and Foster Reserve mattress. I didn't want to review it right away to see how I felt on it for a while (It was expensive but worth it!). I strongly believe they had my husband and I in mind when they created this masterpiece! It is supportive enough for my husband, that's 6'4" 350lbs yet soft enough for me at 5'3" 130lbs. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU SO MUCH A.J. and Eric from Stearns and Foster for the teamwork in making this a reality for me. I am finally so happy about my purchase. I want the world to know how well I sleep! And I would recommend it to anyone who has back aches, discomfort, my mother, friends and family! It was worth every penny! THANK YOU.

Reviewed May 26, 2016

My wife and I purchased the S&F Tuscan Summer Villa 4 yrs ago. About a year after the purchase we noticed that the comfort was not the same as when new and was getting worse. I was having low back issues and pain and got to the point where I cannot sleep on it anymore. We paid good money for this mattress and I can't use. I called Olinde's where we bought and they sent out the tech. There was not sagging and that wasn't the reason we called but that the comfort of the mattress was gone. The tech agreed that it was collapsing and was going to make a note of it hurting my back also.

We got a call from Olinde's the next day saying that the factory was denying the claim because there was not greater than 1 1/2 inches in sagging. I explained to her that wasn't the issue and that their tech knows this. No help from them. So I called Sealy the manufacturer and told same story and basically was told it not their problem and I should have done my research. What kind of retailer and factory takes care of their customers like this, sure not these. So do yourself a favor and NEVER buy a Sealy product again. Now I am out over 42000.00 and gained back pain. What a rip off.

Reviewed May 17, 2016

I bought the Levis Firm king size mattress set at Haverty's a year ago, thinking I was getting a quality bed for the $1800 (on sale) price tag. After the first 4 months, I noticed my hips would hurt and I turned over and over at night, not getting good sleep. I started rotating the mattress every month and the problem has just gotten worse. I'm a normal size person - just a few pounds overweight. I can't get a good night's sleep anymore because of the hip pain this mattress is causing. I've never had this problem before and when I sleep in a hotel or spend the night at my sister's house, I don't have this issue. I wish I hadn't been fooled by the S&F brand name. Next time I can afford to buy a new mattress, I'll certainly not buy this brand.

Reviewed May 14, 2016

I never have written a negative review but I was compelled this time as I feel I have been wronged :) by a corporation fooling consumers by "10 year Warranty" scam. We purchased a king S&F's firm mattress with European plush top about 6 years ago from mattress warehouse without reading reviews (first mistake). Side note, both my husband and I are light weights (slim, really). So about a year after we got the mattress, we noticed the mattress sagging on each side, quite early we thought. So, first thought was keep rotating and rotating. Husband started complaining about his back and shoulder and I, too was waking up with ache and pains. I unfortunately lived with this nuisance and kept talking about getting a new mattress.

Long story short after period of procrastination I filed a warranty complaint and after several hiccups and getting complaints dismissed I finally got an inspector. This third party inspector immediately admitted the visible sagging and stated this is not normal wear and tear and this type of sagging is usually because product is a lemon. After waiting for weeks and several follow ups and no response I get the letter from the retailer that per the report there were no warrantable defects, and list of BS points like normal body impressions not covered. Apparently our report didn't show the "warrantable 1.5" sag". Of course I never saw the report to be able to dispute it, but I know for sure as I have had several mattresses in my lifetime and this sagging is not "NORMAL".

I am so angry and so upset that I feel I have been taken advantage of by this company hiding behind their so-called "warranty guideline" language trying to do anything but satisfy their customers. A mattress purchase is not a small purchase and something you'd expect to do every few years, it is an investment. I will be telling all my friends and family about my experience on Twitter and Facebook and in person about Sealy and their lack of customer service as much as I can as if this is against my principal to allow a corporation cheat their customers this boldly. NEVER EVER AGAIN.

Reviewed May 3, 2016

We bought our mattress in February 2015. In less than 60 days we couldn't believe how uncomfortable it is. We contacted Macy's and they wanted a restocking fee. We'll stick it in a guest room and buy a different brand. Even though it was on sale, we would not buy from Macy's again. It was a very expensive spontaneous purchase!

Reviewed April 28, 2016

The problem started to occur in about six months, where once you laid down even after several minutes and wanted to change position it felt like you had to roll over a wall. Once you got up from bed within 5-10 minutes that mattress popped back up. And what started out to be a comfortable mattress after many uncomfortable nights and with no satisfaction from our local dealer and after reading all the negative reviews we have decided to look for another mattresses. I just wish I would have looked here before we purchased. So if you are reading this, please stay away from this company and read the reviews first on what you intend to buy.

Reviewed April 26, 2016

Bought this S&F mattress a couple of years ago. Within a short period of time my wife and I noticed indentions where we slept at night. At the same time we noticed our backs and hips were starting to hurt. So we rotated the mattress and same thing happened with indentions and a hump in the middle of the bed. The is a very poorly made mattress and must contain cheap products for the supporting areas. After reading the other reviews it seems we are out of luck on this one. So I think I'm going to put the mattress out by the busy street with a big sign that says 'Don't BUY STEARNS & FOSTER MATTRESS'. I'm going to measure the indention and see how deep they are to see if we qualify for a warranty but really I don't want this brand. I hate to think of doing this whole process again in a couple of years. Seems these mattress are just a very expensive mistake. DON'T BUY ANY STEARNS & FOSTER MATTRESS EVER.

Reviewed April 13, 2016

I am not accustomed to writing a negative review, especially after reading so many reviews that are positive; but please beware because you too could experience the same circumstances that we are currently experiencing. Unfortunately our experience with the Dartford Ultra Firm Mattress Set is not so positive; perhaps it is possible that we received a “substandard set”. At any rate, my husband and I saved and planned for this very expensive purchase for our retirement comfort and because we wanted a very high quality mattress. Additionally, before we made the decision we read numerous reviews, and we were convinced that this Stearns & Foster mattress would be the best for us. Well we’ve had our set for a little over one year and we have rotated it approximately twelve times just to keep it balanced, and still it has sags and there is a very conspicuous ridge in the middle of it.

We were informed that Macys has a very strong Customer Service satisfaction rate, so we contacted Macy’s regarding our experience and they advised us that an inspector would evaluate our concern and provide feedback to them. As we assumed it would be, the evaluation was not to our advantage. So it appears that the purchase that we thought would be very satisfactory especially given the reputation of Macys and Stearns & Foster, did not provide us with the value, quality and comfort that we expected Macys to stand behind. I would advise everyone to think twice about purchasing a mattress at this price point from Macys.

Reviewed April 11, 2016

Purchased adjustable mattress from Sleepy's. I paid almost $4,000 for this mattress. A hole appeared in the mattress after two years. It is getting bigger. Stearns and Foster refuses to either repair this mattress or replace it. I am still paying off this mattress.

Reviewed March 29, 2016

I have to give Bedding 0 stars. I have the bedding for less than 5 years. My husband and I are senior citizens (72 and 75 years of age). We took the proper steps, according to the Warranty Claim. Which is a process consisting of taking numerous photos of the king size bedding: remove mattress, box spring take photos, measure sinkhole with a string etc. That being said - this was not an easy job. The photos did not show the sinkhole correctly due to our inexperience of performing this task. Our claim was denied. I wanted a representative to come to my home and take professional photos - that is not their policy. They would like us to retake the photos - they do not care that it would be basically a hardship for us to go through that procedure again. Do not buy Stearns and Foster Bedding. What good is the warranty.

Reviewed March 23, 2016

I purchased the Beth Luxury Plush mattress on 5/27/2012 from Ashley Furniture Company. There is a sag in the middle and no matter how much I try not to roll into the sag I wake up in the middle of the night in the center where the sag is with back and hip pain. I read the reviews and realize I am in a hopeless situation. I am waiting for my appointment to have my sag measured but I already feel like it is a waste of time. It's really sad how this company is selling consumers very expensive mattresses and then have all these crazy loopholes in the warranty. Just from the number of consumers that have complained about the same issue I'm sure they realize that this is a major issue with their mattresses. I am already preparing myself to buy a new mattress because it is impossible to sleep on my Luxury Stearns & Foster. I am currently sleeping on a Futon bed in my spare bedroom as I wait for my measurement appointment.

Reviewed March 23, 2016

We bought a Stearns & Foster mattress about 3 years ago. We were told it would provide great support for our back. We were also told it would not sink in on each side. This mattress sinks on each side and there is obviously a big hump in the middle. This all started within the first 6 months. We have turned the mattress, stood it up, whatever we could think to get rid of the sunk in parts. We are extremely disgusted that we spent so much on this mattress and are currently shopping for a new mattress. My husband and I are tired of waking up with extreme sore backs. My husband a lot of times ends up on the couch to get a better night's rest.

Reviewed March 11, 2016

I purchased a Stearns and Foster Cora Queen sized mattress from Sleepy's in Maryland in June 2014. After a year, I noticed indentation in the center and on the top corner. I noticed that my body aches and that it's hard to get out of the bed because of the center indentation. For the past six months, I noticed the back aches worsened. I put in a claim form to Stearns customer services on February 26th and have not heard from them. After reading complaints about the same exact thing regarding the Stearns and Foster mattresses, I see I'm not the only one. I paid a lot of money for this. My last mattress lasted the whole 10 years before needing a new one. After reading the complaints, it looks as though it's difficult to get your money back even though you are under warranty.

Reviewed March 1, 2016

I'd like to start out by saying that I have loved and slept incredibly well on my S&F Thornwood Lux Firm mattress for several years. Additionally, everyone who has slept in my bed has commented on how comfortable it is (even now, admittedly). However, having said that we're at the 6 or 7 yr mark and it's definitely showing signs of wear. I'm a bigger girl, so I understand that takes a toll and can create indentations. I rotate my mattress a few times yearly in an attempt to delay wear, but now it's hard to find a spot without a dip. I tend to wake up in the morning with a sore lower back, and I can no longer sleep in past 7 or 8 hrs. I have read that mattresses tend to give you 7-10 yrs on average, and I was hoping that being a more luxurious and reputable brand I'd make it to the end of that time frame with this one. Although I was looking to possibly replace it with another S&F, some of the reviews of newer models make me question if that would be a wise decision.

Reviewed Feb. 29, 2016

Please beware of a mattress from this Company. We are having the same issues as mentioned by most on this site - sagging and dipping of mattress where you sleep. Stearns & Foster will not do anything. Paid thousands for this mattress. Do not buy this product. Poor craftsmanship and very poor customer service. Beware Beware Beware!!! Would give "0" stars if it were an option. Shame on you Stearns & Foster.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2016

I purchased my third set of Stearns and Foster mattress in June 2014. Eight months after it started to sag. I filed a claim with the retailer, they sent their expert at my expense. Conclusion was that for the warranty to take place the mattress had to have 1-1/2 inch of measurable sag. Out of luck and out of $2,705.17 for the Emilia Rose PL Queen mattress. Needless to say that we cannot sleep on that bed any longer because it may not fulfill S&F's 1-1/2 inch requirement but the mattress sags and there is no good sleep on it, not as the retailer suggestion that the "mattress is conforming to your bodies". Very, very disappointed. I guess that we no longer be purchasing this brand.

Reviewed Feb. 8, 2016

Bought the Stearns & Foster because of thinking more money means better product. No way, it is the opposite with the Stearns & Foster firm baroque. It is very uncomfortable mattress compared to my Serta perfect sleeper. I own Serta perfect sleeper firm already and this Serta is much better for me than Foster. I'm in progress of returning back the Foster any day now just waiting to order another Serta perfect sleeper for half the price and much better comfortness. Now I know when people say more is not better and like channel designer said less is more.

Reviewed Jan. 21, 2016

I honestly can't believe how awful this mattress is, and I've purchased quite a few over the years. Like many before, I got this one from Art Van because they've always made the process easy, and have a good selection. I went through their mattress match-making system and really took my time selecting. I thought I made a good choice, and was very happy with it at first. Within a year, we both could feel a definite sag in the middle, developed worsening back and hip pain, waking constantly.

I called Art Van and they courteously sent a service rep out to "measure" by stringing a line across the top with weights on both ends. To meet the requirement for "failure" I learned that a mattress has to have a 1 1/2 inch measurable sag. The problem with this is that the plush top mattress can still have the foam and cushion stay "up" while the firm foundation under it has clearly weakened. Mine "measured" about 1 1/4 inches so it appears I'm out of luck. I sure wish I would have looked for reviews because it certainly is easy to find people who have had the same terrible experience. Let the buyer beware.

Reviewed Jan. 18, 2016

I've read the negative reviews about Stearns & Foster and agree with every one of them. My king mattress is a Queens Gate ultra firm, is five years old and is defective in the center. Of course the fine print in the "warranty" specifies the inches that it has to sag and says I'd have to pay for inspection and transportation. I couldn't figure out why my back and hip (I'm a side sleeper) were hurting and waking me up at night. Then I felt the center of the mattress, which is where I was sleeping, in a moment of revelation. And although you can't see a sag in the middle, you can feel the difference between that area and the parts of the mattress that would be the twin size areas. It's insidious and of course gives the manufacturer an out from giving me any consideration. So I'm sleeping on one side of the mattress, which will also obviously degenerate.

I'll never again buy this brand. I tried to call their customer service number, and was told via recording it'll be closed due to "unforeseen circumstances" and they don't know when it'll open. Lovely. Whatever happened to pride of manufactured product, or customer satisfaction? I'm not even trying to deal with Sears, which is not much better. I'm waiting for Sears to send me the credit card statements so I can send it on in another post.

Thanks for your vote! Report
Megan increased rating by 3 stars.
After a positive interaction with Stearns & Foster Bedding, Megan increased their star rating on March 4, 2016.

Updated review: March 4, 2016

So we received our 4th replacement from Stearns and Foster and decided to switch the type of bed all together. Sears was great to work with, they even credited us $890 on the difference of the upgrade so we paid an additional $300 to go with the lux estate ultra plush hybrid bed. This bed is soft as expected unless our other plush beds that were delivered were hard and felt cheap and the knobs were laying on top of the mattress instead pulled down. The adjustable base sometimes goes down on it own and smells weird still after 3 months. Smells like hay is the only way I can describe it. But I would recommend the lux estate hybrid ultra plush bed if you are looking for the softest bed!

Original Review: Jan. 13, 2016

After a nightmare experience with Sleep Number we canceled our order and decided to go to Sears to purchase the highest quality plush bed that they had. I have bulging disc and arthritis and need a plush bed. We decided to go with the Stearns & Foster Lux estate plush bed. The bed cost $4200 on sale with the adjustable base. When we received the first bed it was hard as a rock literally, not plush at all, Sears looked in their system and found that it looked that we received a firm bed by the bed order. So a second bed was ordered, the second bed was softer and we were happy with it but it had a rip in it and those supposedly luxurious French tiedowns were poking us in the back as they are just sitting on top of the mattress and not pull down as it appears on their advertisements or the bed in the store.

So we had to receive a third bed because of warranty would be no good with the rip in it. We receive the third bed five days ago and this bed is as hard as the first bed. The other issue is that these French tiedowns are all just sitting on top of the mattress. I have included a picture for you to see, how could it be comfortable that these bowls with plastic it on our on top of your mattress when you lay on it and you can feel them through the sheets? My final thoughts on Stearns & Foster is they make subpar beds and have low quality control. If we could do it over again without it costing us more money we would not purchase a Stearns & Foster.

Reviewed Jan. 9, 2016

I would give zero stars if possible. I purchased a high-end Stearns and Foster bed a couple of years ago. I noticed the indentations about a year after purchase. I thought my back and hips were hurting due to exercise, but I think it's this cheaply made bed. I can't believe they are allowed to stay in business with ripping people off. We had a bed before this one for about 20 years and no problems. I don't think beds should cost $3000 and last a year!

Reviewed Jan. 4, 2016

We bought a Stearns and Foster in March 2013 at Sears in Columbus, OH. We now feel like we need to buy a new mattress because of the indentations and sagging causing us back pain. Will never buy another Stearns and Foster.

Reviewed Dec. 28, 2015

Have this Stearns and Foster high profile for just over a year. 14 mo. to be exact. I weigh approx. 130. Live alone! Stay home 6-8 mo. a yr. This mattress crapped out in about 6 mos.!!! I'm disgusted! 3 grand plus for the Lux! No! I've paid people to rotate, after a few weeks I'm in a rut. Just awful.

Reviewed Dec. 24, 2015

Bought a bed March 2015. The middle is already sagging. Called the customer service for Sleep Train. Erica informed me that all claims would be denied because I did not have a bar with a leg in the middle of my frame. Of course, I was not informed that was recommended when I first bought the bed for $1800. With all the bad reviews, on this site alone, I will STAY AWAY from any Stearns and Foster bed forever!!! The customer service was of no help. On a side note, as I was talking to the salesman about my problem, someone else walked in with the same problem. Guess what kind of bed that was??? Stearns and Foster.

Reviewed Dec. 5, 2015

We purchased a Stearns and Foster king Douglas House LXP with box springs for $2,500+. Clearly this is the worst mattress we have ever owned. Within a year the mattress sagged, though not more than 1 inch. But it was like sleeping in a wagon wheel rut. Hips, shoulders, back and knees ache every night. Stay away from this product.

Reviewed Nov. 24, 2015

We bought our king size mattress about 6 months ago and two months into it there were sagging spots on each side. The indentations are so bad that sleeping has become very uncomfortable. I feel cheated and taken advantage of. Will never EVER buy another S&F product.

Reviewed Nov. 15, 2015

I bought the Stearns & Foster Queen mattress for $1500.00 and within 2 years the middle sagged so bad I had a hard time getting out of bed. I am physically fit, normal weight and swim laps regularly, walk and stay active. This bed made me feel tired and achy every morning. I finally replaced it with a Jamison for half the price and sleep great now. I put the S & F upstairs in the guest room but no one wants to sleep on it. It will go out on the curb.

Reviewed Nov. 8, 2015

My Husband and I purchased a King Stearns & Foster Mattress/Box Spring from Ashley's Furniture. 22 days after sleeping on the mattress - deep sleep indentations started to incur on both side. I called Ashley's upset and scheduled a rep to come out to measure. 1" in deepest spot (after 22 DAYS!) and rep said warranty only replaces at 1 1/2". Again, why should we even have to call a rep after owning a mattress for 22 days?? I read reviews warning me about sagging issues prior to purchasing and I took a chance that it wouldn't happen to us. Just like other postings - I was also told to just keep having a rep come out until it reaches 1 1/2". Very disappointing that we replaced a good mattress that we had with this one. I will not be purchasing a S&F again.

Reviewed Nov. 7, 2015

I purchased a Stearns and Foster queen size bed and box spring that was promoted by the sales representative as a superior bed set that was very firm. It was firm to my satisfaction when tested on the showroom floor, so I purchased it believing I was going to receive a very firm, high quality bed set when delivered..

Shortly after delivery, the bed dramatically lost its firmness night after night. The normal body indentations you were to expect I read about on the Stearns and Foster website that were surpassed in the first two months.

Updated 12/16/2015 - I purchased a queen Stearns & Foster bed set, and after only a couple of months with just myself sleeping on it, the bed began to sag uncomfortably. But not to the satisfaction of the warranty requirements when measured by an individual Sealy sent out to my house to measure the bed in a place on the bed where it is impossible to sleep. Plus it was measured many hours after I had awaken and was off the bed, whereas any indentation that was there had risen to a perceived normal level. Customer service was unprofessional and unsympathetic when dealing with me and my concerns regarding the purchase of their product and the questioning of their warranty evaluation methods. If you are considering purchasing a Stearns & Foster bed, do your homework by reading the many reviews on the net, test many beds and research the ones you test. Good luck and happy shopping.

Reviewed Nov. 2, 2015

I bought a Stearns and Foster Firm Luxury Mattress in March of 2014. I thought I was buying comfort, boy was I wrong. When waking up in morning, we find that our hips are extremely painful (we are both side sleepers). We also find that we roll to the center of bed. I called Ashleys (that's where I bought it from) with my problem. Appointment was made and craftsmen came out. He said that I did not have a depression of 1 1/2 inches and that there was nothing they could do. I said what about my warranty, he said I did not fall in the guidelines. I bought a firm bed not rock hard. So I'm stuck with a product that I cannot use without waking up in pain.

Reviewed Oct. 27, 2015

Paid over $2600 for a king-size Stearns & Foster mattress at Sleepy's. Came with a 10 year guarantee. After 2 years, terrible indentation on both sides where we sleep. After trying to use kit they send from Marshall Mattress and downloading pics, could not do. I am a senior and this was very difficult. Called and asked for representative to come do. After much begging, pleading and screaming they sent rep.

Received a call from Sleepy's only 3 days after this (before rep came) and they told me claim denied and mattress satisfactory. I could not believe my ears. When I said, "Oh really? They haven't even been here yet." Person on phone was speechless. After rep came and actually said to me, "THIS MATTRESS IS HORRIBLE" I got a call days later from Sleepy's telling me depression in worst spot was 1" and warranty Stearns and Foster puts out, depression must be 1 1/2". I told rep, "I am going to chiropractor regularly and what am I supposed to do???" She answered me stating I should call back in January and maybe sinkhole will reach 1 1/2." I