1.46/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 21, 2017

1010 Rent-A-Center Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 21, 2017

So it started with a corporate RAC and then shortly after changed to a "locally owned and operated" RAC. I never signed any new contracts, never gave them any problems until my couch broke 3 times in the same year. RAC says it looks like people have been jumping up and down on them. They used ply board to fix it first of all and told me he wouldn't fix them again.

I am paying a damage waiver fee. This repair is obviously a manufacture problem because 4 adults are not going to jump up and down on the couch. And a 25 lb 2 year old shouldnt be able to break a $2500 couch. I only went through RAC for the insurance purposes. Then my strapped down TV fell and broke (mention RAC has seen the set up and said nothing).

I called to report it and was told they only are responsible for manufacture defects. Okay? Well why do I pay a "Damage Waiver Fee"? So if it gets stolen? That's it? I even told him if they had it fixed I would be more than happy to pay for it and he said no that I had to continue paying for a broken TV and couch. (mention the 55in TV was well over $1000).

If I would have known RAC was so bad I would have just paid $300 in Walmart for a TV and got a couch that was worth it. The story continues to harassment. My SO and I share a phone as well as my cousin when he has my son. I work 50+ hours a week. I am not available during their work hours. They called my job and was asking for money. So the other day they caught me at my house and I told them they can take it. I dont care.

So the driver gets ahold of her boss and is being very ugly and unprofessional, with a disgusted look on her face. My other cousin went to go get the TV. It took a minute and she's asking several times again rude and ugly, "Are you going to get the TV" after we already told her. After that she goes to get in the RAC vehicle and is mumbling something under her breath, my cousin asked her what she said and she called him a "redneck piece of **".

My cousin replies with, "I'm proud to be a redneck". As I dont know what she said after that I was looking for the remote to the TV in my living room (they were outside) then I heard my cousin say, "No, you’re not welcome here, get!" and told her if she didnt go she would have the police called. She replied with, "Go ahead call them" and left the property without the couch but with the TV. YES the couch was outside. We moved it outside when I told them to come get them the first time. Regardless their opinion of us is irrelevant and none of that should have happened. They should have done their job and left. Not stand there and be rude and unprofessional.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2017

I was once a customer of Rent-A-Center. A paying customer, who bragged about the personal service received... Until the day that they claimed I hadn't paid my rent. I'd paid over the phone, and my trust was such that I didn't get a confirmation number. BIG MISTAKE, BOYS AND GIRLS. Lesson One - Always, without fail, obtain and keep safe all receipts and confirmation numbers, and ensure any agreement modifications are IN WRITING. They began threatening me, and I stopped that by driving the thirty miles up to the store to pull up my debit card history that confirmed that they'd received their payment on time. I got no apology whatsoever for this. As time went on, my payments seemed to vary based upon the associate who took the payment. The general manager, a man reminiscent of Steve from the Jerry Springer show, was the only one I could trust to give me the proper amount.

Life happened, and I got behind. I called and spoke to the same general manager who professed a desire to work with me. Refer back to Lesson #1, section 2, about getting things in writing, because I didn't. For a short time, they did abide by our verbal agreement. I'll give them that. Then the salesperson who originally wrote our contract got promoted. This salesperson had expressed an interest in gaming, and as a result he had my cell number. As soon as he was promoted, he began using this knowledge to harass me about payment despite the agreement we had. LESSON TWO: The staff are not your friends. Ever. So don't give them additional information that they can later use to harass you further.

This gentleman (a euphemism I'll use for now; other words would be censored and unprofessional) began to insult my spouse and myself, threatening to personally throw us in jail for being deadbeats and all around horrible people... For being two weeks behind. Jail. For two weeks. Here's where we are probably in the wrong: we told him that if he came onto the property he'd be arrested for trespassing, and if he wanted the items he was welcome to take us to LESSON THREE: They can't throw you in jail. They can't call the cops and have them arrest you, or force you to give them their items back. Police are not debt collectors. They CAN, if corporate allows it, attempt to file criminal charges for theft of rental property, but corporate doesn't approve filing in the majority of cases.

They CAN take you to small claims court seeking a writ of replevin, which entitles them to bring a deputy out with the court order to search the area you habitually reside in for the property on the court order. They did take us to court, and we didn't make the hearing because I was laid up with a severe migraine that day. They called the afternoon of the court date asking us to schedule a pickup. I welcomed them to come with a deputy and a court order, informed them that the call was being recorded, and they hung up. The days went by. I kept expecting them to come out with a deputy. They never did. The day before Thanksgiving of 2016 came, and my spouse and I were at the local grocery store. As we walked in, the same employee who'd started this harassment stalked up to us and started yelling about how he was going to throw us in jail, that we didn't ever pay a dime, and over and over about us being criminals.

I was proud of myself - I told him only to get away from me before I felt forced to call the police for stalking and harassment. My spouse and I walked past him and he FOLLOWED us through the produce section, yelling his fool head off. I got an employee to get the store manager. The RAC employee was gone by the time the grocery store manager came, but he said he'd heard enough and that he'd throw the RAC employee out if he saw him. When we got home, I looked up the court case. RAC had won a default judgment for $100, not the replevin they'd tried to convince me they had.

They were planning to double dip. LESSON FOUR: Check your state laws regarding your rights in small claims courts concerning RTO transactions. Most states only allow recoupment of fair market value, not the hyperinflation that these companies charge. I AM NOT ADVOCATING NOT PAYING YOUR BILLS. One should meet obligations. That goes for companies, too. Don't let yourself get screwed over. Don't let them threaten you.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

This is the worst company to ever rent from. I tried to update my information so that they could reach me. Nobody ever updated the information. They came to my house bamming and knocking on my door. I got so pissed until I just took all the money that I had paid them off just to get rid of these people. You never rent from Rent-A-Center again! This is a terrible company.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2017

They came to my house knocking and kicking on my door also looking in my windows. They damaged my door by kicking it and turning on my water outside. I spoke with the manager and he said that he could not tell me who the employee that he sent out but they fired him. I was told. Who knows but this is a bad company to deal with. I spoke with their attorney and I haven't heard anything else from them. They did not fix my door. Now they will not answer my calls.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

My girlfriend and I walked into Rent-A-Center in Jacksonville on Henderson Dr. for a laptop. I filled out the paperwork while my girlfriend looked for the computer. She found the one she wanted so we proceeded on talkin' to Rob. I got a call on my phone and while I was on the phone I noticed Rob drilling my girlfriend with questions, it pissed me off but I let it go at that moment. We left to get the electric bill and returned. As we carried on I made a call because one of my references did not pick up, as I told him what I was trying to purchase a laptop and I hear Rob drilling my girl again... This time I fire off like, why is it every time I get on the phone you're asking her questions? He responds, "I don’t know her and never seen her in my life." I say, "well don’t ask her ask me, I’m the one leasing not her."

He tells her she needs to call another store for an previous purchase that’s not related to my purchase. So she calls and at that moment Rob is still trying to ask her questions while she’s on the phone with the other store, so I basically tell Rob to shut TF up talkin' to my girl. At that point he refuses our business. I ask to see the manager Billy. I explained what happened with Rob, and Billy told me that my girlfriend had rented from another store and skipped out... HERE’S THE CATCH MY GIRLFRIEND'S NAME WASN'T ON ANY PAPERWORK IN THAT BUILDING. So how or why would they say that?

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

I purchased a used fridge & stove from Rent-A-Center in Cleveland, Ohio from their Broadway East 55th store location. They told me the insurance for their things were mandatory, so, I pay for that and they said if anything go wrong they will be out to fix it. I wasn't able to use my stove for a whole month and they asked me to be patient with them. I was patient for 3 weeks and after that they schedule me an appointment without me knowing and expected me to just take off work. The manager ** wasn't no help. I called his manager ** whom never answered or returned my calls. Every time, I was told to give them 48 hrs. I finally heard from ** (the regional manager) who sounded as if he was so annoyed. Throw the whole company away. First and last time ever doing business with them. Never again, everyone stay away. Don't even make them your last option.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years in spite of RAC and their ignorant tactics, but no more! They are liars and their customer service sucks **! They are nothing more than simple crooks and have no respect for long-time customers! They harass you constantly if you are just one day late on a payment. They really suck! I will never do business with them again ever! The only reason I did business with them is no interest! Stay away unless you want them up your butt constantly! NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I purchase A television From Renter Center In Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY. When the TV was delivery to me not in the box it was suppose to come in. It was delivery to me in a blanket from day one I was telling the Manager Willie **. The TV was cutting on and I would have to take out plug then plug back in to come on. And after complaining over and over again someone can and as the manager said they reset TV. It was still doing the same thing. I went back over and spoke to the BOSS Phil while the manager Willie ** was on vacation for his birthday in South Carolina.

I never missed a payment always on time. The TV goes out. I contact Willie **. I was told I didn't have insurance and it's nothing that can be done to fix. The cost will be all mines. And that's after Willie ** the manager had the broken TV for three weeks which I thought was being fix. I pay for this TV out my SSI faithfully 119 dollars for 11 months. They are wrong on so many levels. Don't buy or rent for them. Never. They are horrible people and disgusting Business.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I'm a disabled veteran, 100%, I have fallen behind on my payments. I'm trying to catch up, the manager calls and threatens to have me arrested. I pay every 2 weeks, she calls every single week, payment not due for another week but still she harasses me for payment. I just paid her a few days before, well it has been 2 weeks and 2 days, so yes I'm late but I've been in hospital and can't pay yet. There is no talking to her. First you cannot get a word in as she is rude and threatening but also honestly her accent is so thick I cannot understand anything in my machine except have me arrested. If I had the means I would get furniture elsewhere but I just l lost everything. Having to move because the place we rented before was overtaken with roaches that we paid to try to exterminate as the owners really didn't care about anything but rent, wouldn't fix anything, only got worse as house next door that was abandoned was torn down.

I always catch up on late payment, been late a few times, I'm trying and tell her I will pay next week, but she just tells me I'm going to jail. Don't know what to do. Tired of it but needed to have a bed and couch as I can barely move so I'm at a loss. The threats of arrest scares me. I have never been in any trouble in my life. I felt admit I'm behind on my payment, but when she calls every single week and I pay every 2 weeks, I'm not behind, even then she threatens me, I and my family have saved every single recording... Although she talks so fast and with thick accent, you can clearly make out the that's at the end and sadly that's about all you can make it. I plan on paying as soon as my husband gets paid, also according to my receipts the amount she now claims I owe from my last payment don't add up, suddenly I owe more than I did a month ago? This makes no sense.

Threatening people instead of listening is a sad way to do business. She says she doesn't care if I'm in the hospital, doesn't care that because of me being there for many weeks my husband lost his job so he could stay be my side. When is it okay to treat customers the way we are treated? That survey you ask me to fill out, will I recommend rent a center to family and friends... NO NEVER IN MILLION YEARS WOULD I WANT ANYONE TO GO THROUGH WHAT I'M GOING THROUGH, it was bad enough losing everything, now the constant threats... It's too much, just too much!!!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I bought a dishwasher from the Yuba City California store. It worked ok for about a month. My first mistake was buying from them in the first place! I then called them to tell them about the problem of it breaking down. To their credit they did bring me a loaner and took mine to "fix" it. When they brought it back to me they didn't even look at it! I called them again and the same thing happened two more times! To top it all off I don't have a dishwasher, I'm out that money and I HAVE COCKROACHES! They wouldn't take responsibility for the dishwasher or the COCKROACHES! Save your money and go somewhere else! Or you will not only have a bad appliance but COCKROACHES to contend with!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I have rented a bedroom twice from Rent-A-Center in Fredericksburg VA. They are some of the worst people I have ever dealt with. They refuse to work with you and if you want to change your pay date you have to pay extra. I have never experienced such horrible customer service. They got mad because I was not answering the phone when I was SLEEPING, THEN HAD the NERVE to COME to my HOUSE and DEMAND PAYMENT when I was HOME and JUST got out of bed.

I am giving them back the furniture and WILL NEVER EVER RENT from THEM AGAIN. I have never been so embarrassed and scolded like a child because I did not answer my phone because I was sleeping. Rent-A-Center in Fredericksburg - do not ever rent from them. They are rude, and make you feel embarrassed when you do not answer the phone.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2017

I recently went into the store to see if I could get a computer. I tried those other rental places and I felt pushed to a product I did not want. As I entered the store I was greet by Shane. He was very polite, gave me his name and asked for mine. What I loved the most Shane asked me what I was looking for and asked my budget which I thought was awesome. I was at 3 other stores earlier that day including Aaron's and they were very pushy and the way I was greeted by Shane was awesome and had a great smile, dressed very well. He was very knowledgeable and showed me what I was looking for and price. He explained that the items at their store have a worry free guarantee and after we talked he asked if the computer would be the best fit for my needs. I did the process to do rental of it.

The one thing I did see he did call and talk with my boss and my landlord right there and my mom in Wyoming even know I brought proof of my job and where I lived. I asked why, Shane explained that to finish the process before I could leave with it he had to make sure all was verified in case needed updated numbers he could get in touch with. After all was ready to go we sat down talked about extra benefits and coverages of the items they offered which was awesome. He explained the payments and went over my paydays made payment went thru paperwork and left happy.

But when I got home it was close to 730 and I could not get my computer online. I called and explained I just bought it. Asked for Shane, he said the store just closed but was almost finished up and asked when would be ok to stop by and get it going. I asked if tonight would be ok on his way home to get it going. He stopped by and got it working. Showed me how to hooked it up correctly for future use. He left me his card and said if there was anything else I needed the store would be opening tomorrow at 10am. I would recommend Rent-A-Center to anyone needing computers...

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

I Ciera ** just wanted to take time out to let you know that your 216 High St. store in Pottstown PA 19464 are GREAT!!! **, and her people are very nice. They go out of their way to do everything they can for their customers!!! My family had a lot of trouble with this store in the past, but we decided to give them another chance and I am glad we did. We started back again with them in January 15th 2016 getting 2 desktops and paid them off in no time. Then we gotten 2 Alienware laptops paid them off right after the desktops.

Now we have 1 Xbox ones and a washer that we are currently paying them off now. We also have a family member paying on a xbox one also. My husband and I cannot buy our kids stuff by just going out and buy our children stuff like computers etc. but with a place like Rent A Center we can. THANK GOD for places like yours around!! But anyway I just want to let you know that it's not the company that is great it is the employees and you picked the right people to work there. Do not change anything with this store!!! These women and men that work there are GREAT!!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

RAC Acceptance NOW is an organization that is extremely crooked and to put it honestly they are thieves. What are the laws that protect stupid customers, such as myself? We purchased a washer and dryer set and a television from our local furniture store with a RAC Acceptance NOW company inside. We have continued to pay on the items thinking we would pay it off early. Well here we are 2.5 years later and 3900.00 paid. We have requested that we be paid off as we have now paid 3 times what the merchandise is worth, 3 times what it would cost if we were to walk in to a store and pay for the exact same items brand new today. We have priced the exact washer and dryer set and television, actually a better one, and the price would be $1200.00 to 1300.00, give or take sales tax. What can we do? We feel like we have paid our dues to this company who is unwilling to help us.

The washer and dryer now do not work like they did when we first purchased them, as a matter of fact the washer has caused rips and tears in some of our towels. The television's picture quality comes and goes as well. All the company has said is they can send the television out to see if it needs repairs, leaving us without one and they also said they could possibly send someone out to check on the washer and dryer. All we want to know is, is there a cap on Rent-A-Center items and is there a 'reasonable' cost for such items? Paying 5,000 dollars is ridiculous and we understand that but do we have an argument? Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I have had a Rent-A-Center account for 6 or more years. Always did business with the El Cajon location but I now live in Chula Vista so I went to Chula Vista one to get a tv. And could not believe the crappy service. They told me they had to check my references again and has no time till Wednesday. WHAT. Makes no sense to recheck and I have bought a tv, 3 laptops, 2 sets of washers and dryers, ps3, sound systems and an entertainment center. REALLY think I am good to go. Even tried to go back again for more of the run around bs. This location is the worst service I have ever seen. I am a general manager and I have a 4 stars on Yelp. This place makes me not ever want to use Rent-A-Center ever again. Not how to make a profit. Sorry Rent-A-Center lost a customer.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2017

Folks, please read and review all of this review prior to using "Rent-A-Center" better known as "Rip-Off-Center". "Rent-A-Center" is all nice and welcoming at first but become late paying them you will regret you ever entered a business relationship with them. Last year I suffered 2 surgeries and it cost me a significant amount of money even after my health insurance policies paid their share. When I came from the hospital and the rehab centers I had to take a long absence from work (3 months) as I was unable to go back to my office to work. My company informed me take as long as you need and return to work when you are all better and I was relieved to hear that.

During the time I was hospitalized my bills got behind and my credit took a big hit and I did have a very good credit score before I became sick. But after not paying my monthly bills on time for months my credit score got so low I could not buy a bicycle or a postage stamp on time so there was no way I could finance anything on time. I really wanted to get a new computer and a new 4K HDTV however I did not have the resources to purchase them. I had a family gathering at my house as many relatives, friends and family came over to see me and see how I was doing.

During conversation one of my friends had mentioned he was in the same type of situation before and he found out how he could purchase items like TV's, furniture and all types of monthly items on time and it did not matter how good or bad your credit was. I said to him, "Are you serious? Where may I ask did you do this?" He replied, "Rent-A-Center" as they are the best and all I had to do was fill out an application, show my driver’s license, make the first monthly payment on what I wanted to buy and provide 3 verifiable references with phone numbers and addresses and I had all my stuff in a few days". It sounded really good and this was for sure something for me in my current situation, however I should have never listened to what I call him now, "A Walking-Talking Rectum" as he was so full of crap... that his eyes were brown.

I went online to "Rent-A-Center" and everything he said checked out and I completed the application and I was approved for a new computer, new 65 inch 4K HDTV and the TV stand to go with it for $186.99 a month for 18 months and after I pay everything for the full 18 months everything I own. A few hours later someone from "Rent-A-Center" called me and asked me what time can I come down to the store to complete everything and I told him tomorrow afternoon. He said fine and we will see you then. I went down the next day and signed and completed everything and 2 days later they delivered and set up everything for me and they seemed like really nice people to do business with and I was glad. For the first 6 months I paid my monthly payments on time without any problems or issues however the next month I forgot and overlooked the monthly payment to them and I simply forgot and did not realize I was late on the payment.

One night about 6:00 pm I hear someone banging on my front door so loud I thought someone was hitting it with a baseball bat and I opened the door and there is the 400 pound guy standing there with a clipboard and his "Rent-A-Center" shirt on and I asked, "What do you want and who might you be and if you did any damage to my door you will paying for it you got it...?" He says to me, "I am from Rent-A-Center and you are late on your monthly payment and I am here to take all your items back". I replied, "I am sorry however I forgot to make the payment and don't you people believe in making a phone call to the customer first to inform them that their monthly payment is overdue...?" He replied, "Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't, however I need to take back all your items immediately".

I replied, "Well I got news for you as you are not taking anything back and if you do not leave and get off my property you are going to be very sorry...!" He replied, "You need to give me all your items now or I will have to come into your house and take them all myself". I replied, "You go right ahead and attempt that as I want you to do that...!" He replied, "No problem as after I leave here I am going to contact law enforcement and file charges against you". I replied, "Go right ahead and I will wait for them to arrive" and he replied, "Sure thing and have a good night and as well go ** yourself...".

I immediately called the store and demanded to speak to the manager and he came on and I explained the situation and he said, "Yes our guy was there to pick up all your items as you are late on your monthly payment and if you do not surrender the items we will file charges against you". I was so angry, mad and upset I told him, "You know what have someone come out tomorrow afternoon and take all your items back as I would never do any type of business with you or your lousy outfit ever again...".

The next day some other guy came and I told him at the door, "Listen and listen up good you got 5 minutes to take your items out of my house and get off my property and not a second more...!". He knew I was serious and within 5 minutes he took everything and got in his van and was going down the street. I called the store and asked for the manager and when I got him on the phone I said, "You got all your items back and your ** will suck wind for the rest of the payments on all those items and if you or anyone else from your company every comes here again or on my property I will call law enforcement and press charges of trespassing on my private property...! And I hung up.

The next day I contacted my State Attorney General’s office and I filed multiple complaints against "Rip-Off-Center" and I am waiting to hear back from them on it. As I stated from the beginning of this review DO NOT USE OR CONDUCT ANY BUSINESS WITH "Rent-A-Center" as if your monthly payment gets behind they will try to "** you 6 ways from Sunday" any way they can. To add here I know a few other people who have rented from another lousy outfit called "Aaron's" and they are no better than "Rent-A-Center" as all they told me was nightmare stories as well. Best of luck to all of you out there...!

Original review: July 25, 2017

So, here's a complaint on the Rent-A-Center in Fruitland, MD. I'm usually not one to complain (my husband and I have been renting a couch set from this Rent-A-Center for months, no issue), but the experience we had today was pretty awful. First of all, Rent-A-Center was supposed to be dropping off a TV stand for us between 12 pm- 2 pm. They called at 2 pm to say that they would be late. Okay, that's fine. So, I put my dog in his kennel (he doesn't like strangers in the house until he gets to "greet" them, but I didn't want him to get in their way while they tried to deliver our TV stand). My dog is a very vocal dog, but wouldn't hurt a fly. He barks, but doesn't growl. He doesn't like to be kenneled when people come over, but the only fix for that is letting him greet the people coming in- which again, I didn't want him to get in their way, so I kenneled him to avoid all of that.

Fast forward to when Rent-A-Center (finally) showed up. Store Associate Ronald was the one helping me fill sign my papers. He continuously asked, "Is your dog put up?" I responded that yes, he was put up. He was secure, in his kennel, and all he could do was bark. Then, Ronald seemed to think it was okay for him and his associate to repeatedly state that he "sounds vicious." Excuse me, but in what world is it okay to say such a thing in your customer's presence? My dog is NOT vicious. He was barking because he wanted to come out and be in their way while they delivered the TV stand. That's how my dog is. He wants to be in the middle of everything.

Then, Ronald seemed to think it was appropriate to ask me if my apartment was cheap to rent. What kind of question is that? Had he and his co-worker not called my dog "vicious," I may have been able to look past that fact. But the entire ordeal was unprofessional. To top it all off, the TV stand (which is used- again, totally fine- I knew that beforehand) was incredibly dirty on the bottom shelf. It looked like some kind of wax had melted over it. Again, it's used- I don't expect perfection. But maybe wipe your used items down before delivering them? All in all, horrible experience.

Original review: July 22, 2017

I give you guys 0 Stars. You've been the worst Rent-A-Center that I've ever dealt with. The new manager in Union Beach is like the worst. I'm surprised the store hasn't even close. They must be hurting for money. They're so bad it's not funny because they started with the harassing phone calls on Saturday morning (payment ain't even due yet) before I even had chance to get out of bed and they kept it up all freaking day. Took up my whole machine so I waited till the end of the night and make the payment. They are hurting for money so bad they have to keep harassing people for when my use ** can come to my house Monday and pick your ** up and get it the ** out of my house because I'm going somewhere else use **.

Original review: July 5, 2017

We have rented from rent a center quite a bit. Few glitches here and there. But when the big issue came up to fix some faulty furniture they have done nothing but give us the runaround. 3 months waiting to have a faulty bed frame fixed and faulty dining chairs. We have paid it in full and have continued the parts plus service to have the items covered. They never give you the same answer twice. We ordered the parts. They will be in on Thursday. Wait and wait and surprise. 10 days after that still not in. Meanwhile I have an entire bed frame/headboard and footboard sitting against my bedroom wall. I have small children. It is not a safe solution rack to leave this like this. When someone gets hurt will you cover that? Probably not. Can't get you to cover the stuff and service I pay for. Never again!! Worry free?? Not for the customer anyways.

Original review: June 16, 2017

I have been dealing with these folks for nearly two years and have mostly been pretty flawless. As of May 2017, I experienced an unexpected career change. This messed up my payment schedule for a couple of weeks and, honestly, money was tight. My mother and I agreed to go half in on some furniture that was needed for our living room. My mom stopped giving me money and made my situation worse. But, I still managed to make payments. I fell behind by a week and agreed to pay on SATURDAY because those are my due dates. I told the man (Jay) on the phone I would be in on Saturday - even had him read the info back to me. I hung up thinking it had been squared away.

Friday rolls around and I get four calls (no voicemails) from an unknown number - something I brought to the manager's attention with no resolution. (Don't call me from an unknown number and expect a response. You won't get it.) I called them, realizing this may have been them and I'm accused of making another late payment. I politely explained I would be in on Saturday as scheduled. Store manager says, "Nope, you're due today." I explained AGAIN that my payments are always due Saturday. He shoots back with, "Well, then you're seven days late. Six days late is better for us." Miss me with that, I don't really care what's better for YOU, considering I'm the one who had to make the arrangement.

He eventually gave in and moved the date to Saturday like it should have been all along, but he proceeds to grill me on my pay schedule (which was explained to him three times.) I understand they want their money, but the fact I've been a loyal customer almost two years apparently has no impact on them. This is my first time EVER being late and I honor my commitments.

Original review: June 1, 2017

I have had a wonderful experience with the Rent A Center in Morehead KY. They have the utmost respect for their customers. They go out of their way to do anything they can to help you. I would refer my friends and family to them because of how they treated me since I have been a customer.

Original review: May 24, 2017

I rented a 49 inch TV from RAC. First... They didn't deliver it in the day they said they would, called me 4 days later to reschedule. Then I get the TV, and miss one day and they're calling and threatening to take the TV AFTER ONE DAY. So I make my payment. Next month rolls around. THE DAY of my payment they tell me if I don't immediately pay over the phone they're coming to get it. I find out they charged my card TWO times, which I went ahead and said okay, it'll keep me paid up. So all of a sudden they start calling me again, I told them to come pick the TV up. When they were here trying to get the TV, they would stay for about an hour just yelling and banging on the door.

Original review: May 21, 2017

Rent-A-Center in on High Street, Pottstown 19464 trying to use people that have low income. They are coming to job saying nasty thing like you got put out your apartment, are your car was repo you can't pay rent, you fat, you **, you have big nose, are you way far behind on payment when it alone a day later. They come to home, wait outside, sit in truck, follow you to gas station, McDonald's, subway, Giant Supermarket, doctor office. They try to follow use in traffic with kids like the cops or repo man for one day late. They bring your furniture to home damages, mark brokering wood, say they would fix it. They been say stuff new when it's used. They just put some paper over it. They why the bed bugs are happen. They have former worker that from Aaron's Store then they work for Rent-A-Center. Are you seen them where you live or at your kid's school or other place? Then when they come for you it real easy for you to get that **. You know where they be fool.

They call my this week. The new manager Michelle call 30 in one week saying she going to tuck us up. She sick of us for one day late, now a week late. She taking us to court three week. We going to jail. She going to shoot us and my wife is disabled, and her father is about to pass away. When we was later I would pay them two week or three payment and they keep changing people payoff amount so get more money when it been paid off. A new mattress would not pop and crack when you sit down, up, get up or try make love to wife.

This some bull Pottstown, PA. Have some bull with them for anyone that is near of a payoff with them. Stop taking their calls. Make no more payment to they stop all harassment. If they do then go to a different store, make back payment or pay online, if I was you. See what they gone to do. See if they take you court. Call cops so you can fight for rights. It's time to fight back. No court will take their case... huge don't like them courts. Not they best friends. Laughing cops won't help them. P.S. Don't give them your real address or family number or your real job.

Original review: May 9, 2017

The Rent A Center on Glenwood in Raleigh NC has to be the worst yet. I never will go back there nor refer anyone to them. Have been a loyal customer for some time now. Even went back... But after today I will never ever go to them again. This was my first time being late. Was going to pay this payment as well as late fee as well as the next payment to keep me on track because I'm almost done paying my furniture off. When I explained to them my situation they had no remorse.

Mind you I have been a very loyal customer for some time now. They gave me no option other than picking the furniture up until a payment was made. So I then told them to keep it because you can clearly see no matter how long you been a customer with them or if you made every payment on time... They don't Care about anything... But that's water under the bridge now. I know to go to Aarons the next time I want to rent anything or just buy it right then and there because this all was very uncalled for and my money nor business will never be a Rent A Center again. Do NOT GO THERE. MANAGER NAME IS LEO.

Original review: May 2, 2017

So I seen their advertisement for the Samsung phone. I thought it was decent and I needed a phone so win-win (so I thought). I had the phone for a few months. When I turned my phone back on one day the phone wouldn't let me in. And this wasn't a forgotten password on my end either. So I figure it's a Samsung phone, I'll call the manufacturer, they'll walk me through resetting it. So I do that. Samsung workers tell me that they don't make that phone; say they have never heard of it. Now why would Rent-A-Center be selling knockoff smartphones with the Samsung brand on it and think no one would know? Another thing, it's funny how they have no problem taking your hard earned dollars but when it's their fault they think a store credit will do justice. Not cool.

Original review: April 30, 2017

I went to Rent-A-Center in Dublin, GA on April 28, 2017 and paid $40 down for a queen bed set with the rails and they promise to have it delivered to me on April 29, 2017 between 1-3 p.m. So 3:15 p.m. came they hadn't showed up yet so I called them and the man name Tony answered the phone and said they where in Ridgewood trailer park. They will be to my home by 4:15 p.m. I said okay. Next, 4:15 p.m came still no show. I called them again and Tray answered the phone and told me that he had to go and find some boats from Home Depot and they will be to my home by 5:15 p.m, which they close at 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays. So final 5:15 p.m. comes Rent-A-Center still hadn't showed up. I called them one final time and they tell me they have to find the truck they will be to my home by 5:40 p.m. So 5:40 p.m. comes still no Rent-A-Center has showed up.

I called them one more time and they tell me they are loading up the truck now and are on their way to our house so 6:00 comes, 7:00 comes no Rent-A-Center so I get in my car and drive to Rent-A-Center on Veterans Blvd. and the ** are closed. I would recommend no one no dealing with Rent-A-Centers especially in Dublin, GA. Yes I am pissed off bad because no one gets my money and don't give me what I have paid for. It doesn't work that way. I am going to call them Monday morning May 1, 2017 and tell them they have 3 choices. Bring me my damn bed, give me my money back, or I will take a civil action out on them. The people at this Rent-A-Center is full of **. If I hadn't made a payment they would have been to my house.

This was the 2nd time I had deal with them. I paid for a air condition from them, but I had a tablet from them in the past and only missed 1 payment of $20 and I told them I would bring them the money by 6 p.m. and they was to my house within the next 15 mins and I gave them the tablet back because you don't run me down for $20 little damn dollars and when I need services you put me off. So I went to Walmart in Dublin, GA and buy me a 7 inch tablet for $63 cash and it works better than Rent-A-Center's did. Stay away from RENT-A-CENTER IN DUBLIN, GEORGIA. THEY ARE CROOKS! TAKE MY THOUGHTS. IF YOU GO TO THEM YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Original review: April 6, 2017

I first started shopping at Rent-A-Center in August 2016. From that time I got items that I needed for my apartment. Well first a tv. I had a great experience, but then I started getting stuff for my apartment that we actually needed like a bedroom set and a couch so we can have people over. Well my paydays were every other week, which started adding up to a lot. They told me that they can bundle things where you will be paying longer, but it will be in a comfortable price range. So it dropped from 576 to 320 every 2 weeks.

Well recent I went in there and there was a new manager, very rude by the way, didn't care, about anything just likes taking your money. He's met me before from the other manager, and was nice before but this time very disrespectful. He told me that the other manager will no longer be working here and I have to pay the 576. I looked at him and told him "y'all fitted a plan that will work with me and now you don't want to work with me." Then he said the person working on my account was a sketchy person and I told him that "if that was going on behind the scenes then y'all should of been watching. You don't take it out on the customers."

Well I had them pick up our bedroom set and living room set and then 3 days ago I told them I didn't want the tv because I should be pay 240 for a tv and a PS4 every 2 weeks when I still owe 2500 on the tv and 788 on the PS4. I'm frustrated, because the way they treated me and on top of that said it was my fault. The customer is always right and if you've never worked with me before don't blame me because I've always paid my stuff on time. So they never came to get the tv like they said. It's been 2 days now and if something happens to it it's their fault not mine cause they still haven't came for it.

Original review: March 30, 2017

I got a washing machine from a Rent A Center in Amarillo TX. The first one I got I had to send it back several times cause it stopped working. After the 3rd or 4th time sending it back I decided to switch it out thinking I just got a bad washer. So the new washer is not working after the 3rd or 4th time sending it in. I'm getting really frustrated that I'm paying all this money on washing machines that do not work correctly. They never tell me what's wrong with it. They just bring it back. It works for a few weeks and it's out again... On a good note the employees at this Rent A Center are awesome and very friendly.

Original review: March 28, 2017

After hurricane Mathew hit and I lost all my furnishings my funds were limited to refurnish my new apartment. I scanned the yard sale post for items and was pleased to see Rent A Center selling 32 inch T.V.'s for 100 cash. The manager Chad had 4 up for sell and when I arrived was pleased to get one.That was Dec 12th. I have receipt. Worked great for a month and a half and woke up one day to find huge white line going up middle of T.V. so I call store only to be told. "I don't know what to tell you and I can't do anything for you" so I had to swallow the loss of $100 after the loss of my belongings?? Really sucks this guys allowed to do side deals pocket money and screw you when it's worthless. So upset. That was our only T.V. I'm retired, disabled and on a tight budget. I've used Rent A Center many times back in the day, now they're just ripping people off with repoed stuff and pocketing cash. Shame on them.

Original review: March 17, 2017

I paid this item less than a month. The first when they brought me was it used when it had a big dent which did not bother me had it worked. It did not work so they brought me a new one and it worked fine the first week and I want to use the next day and then it started making a funny noise. Also in the meantime we found that the wheel was broke on the washer that they had brought me which was used and not just the real but the whole bracket that holds it on. Well that was another trip so now that we're having an issue now they tell me that they are not going to service this item and that they would refund my first month's rent if I return it. Get them to pick it up by the 3rd.

However the list that I sign says that I had 30 months of payments and that they are responsible for all service related matters and yet now they're not going to honor their contract. This happened at the Quincy Illinois store. The manager says we're not honoring the contract because we're losing money on the deal. It's not my fault their junk breaks down.

Rent-A-Center Company Information