1.60/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1071 Rent-A-Center Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I had gotten a couch from Rent-A-Center about 5 months ago and recently my daughter spent 3 wks in the hospital so I could not go to work. And I called And told them to come pick up the couch because I will not be able to make my payment because I have been off work. However they never showed at the scheduled time claiming they went to the wrong house so the day my child was released 1 wk later they called me.

I told them I was at the hospital and that my child was being released that night and that I would call them when I got home with her and they could come pick it up. They showed up at my house before I got home. Told my 11 yr old son I sent them there to get the couch and thAt he had to let them in. They went in and took the couch with no adult present and bullied my son into letting them in. I got home 15 minutes later. They didn’t even attempt to call me when they were at my door. It’s like I was dodging them. I told them to pick it up when I got home. I will never do business with them ever again. I called and made a complaint but that worker is still working there like it was no big deal that he did that that way. Be careful when dealing with them because an adult does not have to be present for them to go in your house.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I’ve been with Rent A Center for 5 plus years and have bought many many items from them. The past year I was in an car accident and my payments have been a few days late however I call and let them know. Even if payment is late we still make. I ordered a king size bed for my son two weeks before Christmas 2018. The reps at the store told me there was a delay getting the bed due to Christmas. I understood that, No problem.

Three weeks into the new year and still no bed. Five weeks after new year the store manager I have been with for years tells me that the cooperation denied sending the bed due to my payment history. Seriously after everything we have bought from Rent A Center, I mean my whole house almost is furnished by them!!! Plus you waited weeks to tell me the reason I couldn’t get the bed! We gave my sons old bed away! Thinking the new bed was on the way!!! My buying is stopped. I will never buy anything from them again! They’ve lost a long time customer!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have never done business with this company before, came in stressed and upset because my washer that was purchased with Best Buy was broken and I was given the runaround to get it fixed. (Yes, I purchase an extended 5yr warranty.) After 3 weeks I stopped into the Happy Valley Rent-A-Center. I was treated so great. JP was so understanding and helped me to fix my issue all in one visit. I had a plan and a scheduled delivery all in 20 mins! I have a 2yr old and was at my breaking point, JP explained the process and made it so simple! I have learned that this company had not only great employees but has great customer service! TORI and JP are amazing and deserve way more than just a pat on the back! Thank you from one stressed out overwhelmed momma!

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have bought a portable air conditioning unit, I called to ask how to get a new filter. They said they don't have any, and don't know where to get one, The manager Dave who's photo hangs on the wall "HORRIBLE". I also bought a bedroom set. Gave half to my sister due to lack of space. I have had 57 hip surgeries, a full humerus repair, and triple back fusion. I've always paid my bills, it's my motto. These guys called my sister, landlord, while I was in a coma. I also am a former Paralegal so I don't take **. How embarrassing, spoke to a corporate officer, he is just like his management.

Nevertheless the bedroom set was out together improperly along with the air conditioning unit, my landlord has repaired both items, he knows I'm handicapped and cannot do it myself. If I could tell ANYONE interested in using this company, keep a subfolder of all your payments, be sure the item is new, not used, I have a hole in my hip, I need a mattress to cushion my wound. This is my second mattress, I despise this company with every bit of me. I get a call this morning 2/2/19, I'll remind you I just paid them 200.00 on 1/30/2019. Josh calls me, I returned the call, asked, "What could you possibly want from me today, I just paid $ 200.00 a few days ago, I'm terminally ill." He states my payment is due. I'd say poor communication, lack of empathy for ANYONE.

I wouldn't start a lawsuit at this point although I can, I'm familiar with the laws and pleadings. People do your research, keep notes, records, print receipts, keep copies, anything that can save you from being harassed, I'll never do business with this company AGAIN. Corporate has to see all these negative comments, I'd say they are the next company to be closed due to some laws being broken.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

First off part of the headboard almost fell off during the night. It's a heavy headboard. It could have killed us. The mattress is horrible, when I asked for a replacement they wanted me to buy it so they could in turn rent it to me. They are extremely rude. I DO NOT RECOMMEND them in Norman Oklahoma.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

On Jan 3rd 2019 my payment was due and I paid them using their app. Well the payment was taken out and not showing up on their end and they wanted the 3 things I got off them. Now the 2 of things are almost paid for and the one was returned to them. They wanted my bank statement and card number and PIN number. I gave them my bank statement and they wanted my card number and PIN so they call my bank and get info. I told them no and told them I need to block out my card number. They would not let me block out card number and keep my bank statement! And then when I found out why the payment was not in their system I called back down and right away and told them as soon as hits back on card I will bring it and pay. They said, “No we want all your info card number and PIN because we are going to call your Bank!” So I called the 1 800 number and I'm still waiting on someone to call me back.

I have always made my payment to them and now that the 2 things are almost paid off one is 200 and one is 300 and they are paid off for, they look at you like you’re are piece of **. When you get disability check and you pay monthly and the bull crap benefit plus is a joke. I asked I could use it till the money got put back on my card and they said NO!!! And all I'm doing is waiting for the money to get back on and pay the bill but as soon everything is paid off I will never go to Rent-A-Center ever again. I don't care if something I really need like a fridge, stove, washer and dryer. I will try to find a second hand. And as for the Rent-A-Center where I go to make payments all of them idiots in need to be fired because when I go in there I'm nice as can be but I hold my tongue from what I really wanna say to them and they don't give a flying donkey ** if you lose your job, or your hrs get cut back or pay get cut.

They don't wanna help ya all. They lie so much and I hate Rent-A-Center with Passion. Can't wait till everything is paid off so I can tell them where to go because I won't hold my tongue then and I hope corporate work see this and maybe something will be done about how their workers treat us. Maybe they should go undercover and get something and see how they treated when the checks get cut back or they lose a job and then see what we go through. And oh yeah after I'm done with Rent-A-Center you can bet your ponies I will do a live feed on Facebook about them.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2019

I would not recommend Rent-A-Center to anyone who reads this especially if you are a veteran or government employee. I bought and paid off several items from Rent-A-Center - currently have a TV that I have been paying for faithfully up until the recent government shutdown. They have been harassing me coming to my house calling any and everybody. Tried to get it worked out where I could make a double payment as soon as I get my check and they turned it down and was not willing to resolute with me at all. I refuse to do a new agreement so at this point I am officially done with rentals. If I can't afford it at that time well then maybe it's just not meant to be. And for this same TV that they tack on 1000% interest - I might add - I can go to Best Buy and get for $500.00 and be done with it altogether. After all this Rent-A-Center you showed your true colors and I'm done.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Hi my name is Dawn. I just want to say that I have never met a store full of such welcoming voices every time I call as the RAC in Egg Harbor on Black Horse Pike. Most of all I am thankful for Sean. He goes above and beyond. He personally handles my account, as I have been a customer for about 5-6 years now and invested $43,000 to date. In that time as we all know life hits unexpected snags and Sean has been through everything with me from big situations like my parent's death, and sister's suicide, to little situations like just not getting my pay on time.

No matter what the situation he has always put his faith and trust in me that if I couldn't make a payment (which at times I couldn't pay for weeks) he trusted I would pay. He worked through every situation with me as long as I communicated with him what was going on. He always assures me we will get through this. He does not just treat you like a customer that never has problems. He makes you feel like family. He helps you want to stay a customer forever. If any place to get all the furniture needs this is it. Yeah I can try other places closer to home but working with Sean and being greeted so nicely by the store employees is definitely worth the extra distance. I must say if Sean ever left, I honestly don't know if I would want to stay though, as he is what makes you feel like more than a customer. The most I have ever seen in my lifetime of stores.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Got a king size bed, decided to pay it off early, save some money, so I paid it off 5 months after I got it. The 6th month, I noticed the bed was sagging, within 2 more months, the bed was so bad, I couldn't sleep in it. I called them, they claimed there was nothing they could do because it was paid off. After a few more months I decided no, I paid almost $2000 for this mattress set, called them back, they gave me a number to call, talked to someone and they said they would call me back. That was over a year ago and they still haven't called. I will NEVER buy anything from them again! Expensive lesson learned!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I’m five days late... Called the store to ask for another extension. The Store customer service rep. - said schedule a pick up, and then I can pay up and then they will return the item. I’m a government worker... dealing with the crunch of no raise, and income check has been rescheduled. I called all my creditors to make arrangements for payments- they all agreed and understand. Rent-A-Center is the only company that won’t work with me. I only asked for 5 more days until I get paid. The REDLANDS CA store will not work with you.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Hello everyone. I would like to share my experience with store # 166292 San Antonio Texas Rent-A-Center. When I first looked into renting to own a few things from Rent-A-Center I was very excited. I made an online payment and waited days for my things to arrive. Now back to me waiting days I was told several times that they were going to deliver my items on a specific day and they didn't nor did they call me to inform me they were not going to arrive that day. I had to call a few times for a few days and finally they delivered the items. Mistake #1.

The next bad experience I have had is harassment. This company will call you non-stop they day of your payment. They don't give any breaks if you don't answer. They will continue to call until you answer. They don't care if you are at work. If you talk to them on the phone and make arrangements with them they will still show up at your house. You could have spoke to them that day and said I'm going to make a payment over the phone they will still come to your house. This company don't care. World stay away from these folks. There are so many other companies like Conn's who are so much better.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2018

Bought a cell Galaxy8s from rent a center. They Guarantee to fix products. Yet it seem most of their workers do not know their company's policy and give misguided information that affects you the consumer purchases on getting fix. In my case a simple crack on two ends on my phone. Being rejected and told they are not liable for that you are. To then being told later after speaking to their superiors that they made the mistake and will fix it now. To only tell you the phone's damage is beyond repair due to a prolong wait and damages expending beyond what they expected due to a prolong wait on a crack that now affects the led of the phone. This company should ensure their workers know their policies. Loyal client since 1993. Don't waste your time on them with your money.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I recently rented a few items from Rent-A-Center and after a few months I started to get behind due to pay decrease this time of year right now. I drove in on Friday, December 15, 2018 and asked if I could pay for the washer and dryer since I had $200 on my card. I was told it is all or nothing for $310. I said, "I cannot do that much. Schedule the pickup and I will work on paying the debt off of $310 that month."

It became 6 pm Sunday night; everything sitting in my living room all day but no one called or showed up. I call them at 6:03 pm and they said they cannot do it, Monday now. No call, no nothing of a heads up, I stayed close to home that day and from 2-6 I made sure to be home and re-scheduled a few things. Monday comes by and I am back at work. I call them and get told they cannot pick up again, but, when can I pay the $190? I said “I was told Friday that it had to be $310 only is the minimum”. Then, I get told to stay on hold. Credit manager now on phone. He said I can pay the $190 now and keep it all or just the washer and dryer – I told him if he told me that Friday when I drove in to their store I would have paid the $190 and we would all be better off and caught up. But since I was told otherwise I paid another bill and the money gone.

Now they tell me another week I have to wait to have it picked up since they are too busy. This place has NO COMMUNICATION between customers or employees. Someone is always sick so they cannot help or something else happened. And when I come to explain my story for the month I get told all or nothing (yes going on 3 weeks due on a bi-weekly pay schedule for RAC). It is like a game there whether you call in or come in.

I am so frustrated and will NEVER go to RAC and will tell everyone and social media about my experience to help others from being in this trap. I really need a washer and dryer and that is why I drove it to communicate this and see what we could do to save it and use my $200 I had – but again, no - there was no option, probably because everyone out sick since she was the only one there and looked and sounded all stressed out on that 15th day in December of 2018.

What can RAC do to help this cluster of a mess? I know and took ownership of being the 3 weeks late now, but was ready and tried to work it out 3 days before. Now they cannot pick up and try to pressure me into keeping it all??? Where is the customer centric obsessiveness for customer service? It is like I am making their lives harder by walking into the store.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Rent-A-Center is a blessing for people who don’t have good credit or a large amount of money to put down. The downside is you are paying triple what the item is worth. With the paperwork that they give I was able to look up the serial number to see how much my tv was worth. It sells online brand new for $900 and they were charging me almost $3000 for the tv if I didn’t pay it off within 90 days, on top of that the tv I got from them was used. People who don’t have good credit don’t need to be further ripped off if they’re already in a bad situation to begin with. So thanks but NO thanks.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Don't ever purchase anything from Rent-A-Center on Hesters Crossing. My son got a used black leather living room set from them which smells really badly of cigarette smoke. They sent some guy to treat it twice, and both times, all he did was use something to mask the odor. Some guy name Jason has been giving us the runaround for the last 2 weeks. Every single time we call, we are told that he's out sick, had to leave for a manager's meeting, or had a family emergency. It's funny how once they get money from you, you no longer matter to them. I think I will just give them their stuff back, and advise any and everyone looking for furniture or whatever not to ever go them! They don't care about their customers, and everyone working there is fake, and a liar! I know Jason was there each and every time we called, but had everyone lying for him.

This place is a joke, and I will never deal with them again. Oh, don't forget, they will still take money out of your account even if the what you're are renting from them is defective, so buyer beware. Never give them your card number if you're smart. You'll be lied to saying they will compensate you by taking off a payment, but that's a lie and a lot of b.s.!!! Don't believe anything anyone tells you up there. There's also some other guys by the name of Phil and Mike who are just as bad as Jason. Bottom line, save your money and go somewhere where you will be treated like a customer; not like a problem. Never go to Rent-A-Center; you will live to regret it!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I have purchased several items from Rent-A-Center but this surround sound is the worst. First off 3 parts of the speaker system is blown then it didn't come with a remote control. After several attempts to get one I gave up. Then the system started cutting off by itself. I never been unhappy about any of my products that I got there before but I'm really unhappy about this product. I will be returning it. It's a LG Blu-ray CD surround sound system.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchased a washing machine from Huntingdon RAC, I made the first payment and when it was delivered he scratched the wall in my hallway firstly. Then the piece I needed to use it didn't fit, so I had to wait for them to get it. Before I got that piece I paid the used machine off which was stupid on my part. Wayne knocked 50$ off the price since I was complaining so much about laundromat prices. Got that piece it still wouldn't work. The mechanism keeps popping off. I saw that it would fit my shower hose and I finally was able to use it and wish I hadn't. IT'S BROKEN!!! THEY SAID IT JUST CAME FROM THE SERVICING DEPT. It made green slimy chunks all over my clothes. It stunk up my house. The drain hose was full of slime that got all over the shower when I drained the water. It didn't spin. THIS IS THE SECOND HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE I've had at RAC. I'm done.

The last one was a computer I paid off on a Friday and it fried the following Monday. I'm done. I want my money back from this washer. I refuse to wait for them to take it back and have it forever to do nothing and get it back still broken like my computer. RAC used to be a good place to purchase belongings. NO MORE. I was a good customer. NOT ONCE DID THEY HAVE TO TRACK ME DOWN TO PAY. I've bought entire households full of furniture from y'all, Your Huntingdon store needs emptied and all new employees. The last time you did that at that same store you hired worse people though. I want my money back or I'm going to the CFPB.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Well I just want to know are they allowed to turn off your power from the outside of your home and hop people fences. At night. In the driveway. Having the beeping noise on the truck going on and on for 20 minutes. Flashing light inside your windows. Ringing the doorbell and knocking abruptly.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Ordered a TV online and was told they would contact us to finalize it. Never heard from them so we called them. We were told they didn't have the tv we wanted but I could get a comparable one. The "comparable" product was $120 extra per month, I said no thanks. I picked out another, and the price came out to $25 more than advertised. The employer said that it was because of "taxes", but I didn’t the math and it didn’t match up. the employee couldn’t explain the difference. Whatever, I'll pay the extra. But when it was all said and done they didn’t have that TV either. So I finally find one I want and get it ordered and scheduled for delivery. We wait all day on the scheduled day and come 4pm they haven’t shown up. I call to confirm and they assure me the TV is on the way. This is coming from the manager. I’m still waiting for my TV to show up and haven’t heard anything from the manager. Worst customer service ever.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I called to inquire about beds and the lady I spoke to stated she would call me back in less than 5 minutes. 45-1 hour later, I called her and was on hold for 20+ min. She again said she'd call back within 5 min and promised at the latest, it would be before they closed at 7:30 pm. I haven't heard anything back from them so I called to cancel my request at 11:30 am. Don't promise something you can't follow through on. When I called this morning and guy answered and was very pleasant until I told him I wanted to cancel. Then he became short with me. Poor customer service overall. I will not consider going back or every recommending them to others.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Rent-A-Center have been taking the money from my account since March 2018 for benefits plus and when it was time for me to file an unemployment claim they stalled me with filing the claim, then when they finally sent over the information they didn’t have record of my payments that they have been taking out of my bank account. I contacted customer service and asked if I can send my statements to their accounting department and was told no. I am disappointed. Their employees have been banging on my door, twisting my doorknob and leaving notes on my door. I am filing arbitration but it seems like I should be going through the attorney general's office.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I rented a television and entertainment center from my local store. I was a week late with my payment. After several notes left on my door a RAC employee came and my stepdaughter answered the door. This woman tried to force her way into my house to search after my stepdaughter told her I was not home. Two or three days later my landlord called me and asked to come pick up rent. I wrapped it in a piece of paper and put it in a sealed envelope, then placed that into a zip up purse and hung that on my doorknob. To even see my door you have to go up 14 steps enclosed by a porch. While I was in the shower I heard a knock. Went to the door and saw the purse was gone then went to my window and seen a Rent-A-Center car pull away. This company STOLE $600 from my house and now I'm being evicted. This company is a SCAM... I am currently working with my state attorney general to sue this company.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Rent-A-Center 915 Ellis Avenue Jackson, Mississippi 39209 - This store is where magic happens. Ms. Nicole **, Store Manager goes beyond the call of duty to make sure her customer's needs are met. I call her The Magician because she turns an impossible situation into a reality. Ms. ** is dedicated to meeting her customer's needs, with the dedication of loyal Staff, and a talented salesperson/manager Chelisa **, whom always waiting to greet the next customer while in the process of helping another.

Every retailer and their customers bump heads and have heated disputes, but at the end of the day, Ms. **, not taking it personally, goes on to ensure that her customers are satisfied, never letting her guard down and always has a smile. No matter what others has experience, my Rent-A-Center will always get five stars from me, because they have embraced me and my family. If I am upset about a product, Nicole will leave no table unturn until the situation is taken care of... Like I said she is 'The Magician', because she turns dust into magic, by making it happen, it's a 'Magical Experience'.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We have shopped twice at the Crossville, TN RAC and both times have been excellent. We have dealt with Brandon and Brittani and both are extremely caring and willing to work with the customer to get the item they want. This was a short term rental while we vacationed at Fairfield Glade Resort and they took our order, we went in, completed the paperwork and our recliners were delivered right away that day. I am disabled and need the recliner to sleep so it is a real comfort to know that I can rely on Rent-A-Center to provide what I need. I cannot say enough great things about this location and their personnel. This team cannot be beat for customer service. This time, Brittani went above and beyond to help us after the nightmare we had in Monroe, Michigan in May. Thank you to the staff and owners of this location. Beats other locations HANDS DOWN!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I had wonderful customer service from managers Keith and Nydia at the University Boulevard store. They helped me out from a horrible experience from another store. I would highly recommend shopping at this location. I'm very happy with the great customer service I received from managers Keith and Nydia.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

When my dryer stopped working, I called Rent-A-Center to deliver me one. After install and used for a few weeks. Dryer wasn't drying the way it should. Called them. Asked to have repaired. They brought me out a loaner till mine got fixed. Well 6 weeks went by. I called them and asked when I would get my dryer back. Person that answered phone said, "Once we get them back, what you get is what you keep." I stated, "No. I am not. I am paying for a Maytag heavy duty dryer out of the box. Never used but by me. You delivered a loaner Amana to use till mine is fixed." I asked for manager of store, he tells me October 1st that Thursday of that week he will have me my dryer (Maytag) back to me. I waited till 11/9/2018. Called them to pick up the dryer that.

I will never use Rent-A-Center again. I was advised by assistant manager he will have picked up today (Saturday) but he was going to have area supervisor call me. Area supervisor rd, "I'd apologized from bottom of heart." Stated he was sorry that all this happened to me as I am one of the best customer they have had. He would do whatever I wanted him to do to stay with them. I said, "Just pick up dryer." Well today Saturday I get a reminder of my payment due. I became upset at this point cause not one of these men listened to what I said.

I purchased another dryer from Home Depot today. I found my Maytag for 548.00 and then I see the Amana I have for 348.00. Now just so everyone know I paid half of my Maytag dryer for the 800.00 they charged me for them to give me a loaner that has been used by other customers. If I could rate them lower than a 1 I would. I will never use Rent-A-Center again, I have used them for over 30 years and never been treated by any of them like I have been by the Rent-A-Center on Pensacola Blvd in Gonzalez Fl. Anthony the store assistant manager could not even do what he said he would do. Poor business and management.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I rented to buy a Nintendo Switch for my son 10 months ago. A month and a half after I finished paying it off it broke. I took it to them for service and after 3 weeks I had to call them to follow up and be told that it was out of their warranty and there's nothing they can do. Now I have to wait until they get the unit back and hope it's in time to get it repaired directly through Nintendo's one year warranty. Horrible customer service and I had to be on top of them to get an answer. Not to mention I paid TWICE as much as the unit was worth just to be told I was out of luck and not their responsibility. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, TOTAL RIP OFF.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Do not order from them at all! They gave horrible customer service. I placed an order and was approved. A week later they were supposed to deliver and yet no one showed up with no call. I reached out to them and they gave me the runarounds. I already made my first initial payment as well as another payment since I planned to pay everything off early. I made the payment even when the furniture didn't arrive because I wanted to be on time with everything. When I called them, they asked me for information I already gave. I also signed my agreement. Why are they asking me for additional info? Shouldn't that have been discussed before I signed. They never call me to update me and I have to reach out to them multiple times. When I reach out I am on hold for a long time! It's just a horrible experience going back and forth with them and still not have my order delivered after I paid what I needed to plus more!

They kept giving me runarounds saying their truck was not working or they did not have someone to deliver. She even told me she did not have drills to put it furniture together! Are you serious. She even asked me to help her put stuff together when she arrives. Too bad they never arrived! They are unorganized and unprofessional. At first I read reviews and I thought it could not be that bad, but please listen and take heed of the reviews. They are accurate. Order from Aaron's if you are doing rent to own! They are very professional with much customer care and a positive attitude. If you can buy something upfront do that instead.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Two months ago, I became a customer of Rent-A-Center. Since that time, I have been reading the online reviews, and am astonished at the negative reviews that they are getting. There have been at least three times that my payment was due on Saturday, and I did not pay until Monday. Of course they called me on Saturday to remind me that my payment was due. I don't have any issue with that. Recently, I had an issue with my paycheck, and am almost a week late with my payment. I made arrangements to make my payment this Friday, along with the next week's payment as well. The person I talked to was very understanding and helpful. He didn't send guys around my house nor did they call my place of employment or go there to try and harass me.

I think that what some of you do not understand is that they are renting to people with horrible credit. I consider myself lucky to be able to get a living room set or an Xbox on credit. Am I paying double for the items? Absolutely but, had I made better financial decisions, I would not be in the position to need to rent from this place.

I truly believe if you keep in constant contact with them, and explain your situation that they do work with you. I mean once you are three days late with your payment, they charge you a late fee per item so, they end up getting more money out of you. I think they come and harass you or back the truck into your drive to get their items when you ignore their phone calls and requests for payment. It's just like a car payment. If you ignore the bank or the finance company, they will end up sending the repo man.

As far as people saying that have gotten broken items or things that don't work, why when you contacted them, did you not say that you want a not previously rented item? I think it's definitely a risk to get a used bed or couch. Not everyone is as clean as you may be. They could have had bed bugs or roaches. How would Rent-A-Center know if the person has bugs? That being said, I am renting a used tv because it was way cheaper in the long run to rent a previously rented item. I have had no issues with it. No way in hell I would rent a used bed for my kids.

I think before you blame the company for their collection tactics that you take a look at yourself and how you are to them. Do you avoid their phone calls? Do you hide when they come to your house? If so, it's time to return the items and get them back when you have the money. They have that thing where you can return an item if you can't make the payment, and get it back and continue paying where you left off.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I wished that we researched this place before getting into business with them. Rent-A-Center in Pennsylvania Ave in Brooklyn. We already put 600 dollars down and we were late for ten days. The guy decided to come and take the tv. There was no one home but my 13 years old. He told her to open the door for him because her father sent him to get the tv. That was unprofessional and very disrespectful, when my daughter said she’s a minor and can’t open the door without an adult present. He kept on banging the door hard. My daughter called my husband and explained the situation to him. She was afraid. This is a bad place to deal with. They just disrespectful and don’t care. I would never do business with them or let anyone I know do so.

Rent-A-Center Company Information

www.rentacenter.com
    Your special offer awaits

Looking to save time and money? Join our community today! Community members receive important consumer news alerts and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands they love. Ready to join?

Sign up now with your email address!

Join our community to recieve important consumer news and enjoy perks like discounts and special offers from brands you love.