3.16/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rent-A-Center

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rent-A-Center Reviews

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Me and my husband have known this company for years especially Troy and Jason and Chris even when it was ColorTyme. If they didn't have what you needed they would try their damnedest to get it. I recommend them and they do work with you. Keep up the good work guys.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

I have never done business with this company before, came in stressed and upset because my washer that was purchased with Best Buy was broken and I was given the runaround to get it fixed. (Yes, I purchase an extended 5yr warranty.) After 3 weeks I stopped into the Happy Valley Rent-A-Center. I was treated so great. JP was so understanding and helped me to fix my issue all in one visit. I had a plan and a scheduled delivery all in 20 mins! I have a 2yr old and was at my breaking point, JP explained the process and made it so simple! I have learned that this company had not only great employees but has great customer service! TORI and JP are amazing and deserve way more than just a pat on the back! Thank you from one stressed out overwhelmed momma!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2019

Hi my name is Dawn. I just want to say that I have never met a store full of such welcoming voices every time I call as the RAC in Egg Harbor on Black Horse Pike. Most of all I am thankful for Sean. He goes above and beyond. He personally handles my account, as I have been a customer for about 5-6 years now and invested $43,000 to date. In that time as we all know life hits unexpected snags and Sean has been through everything with me from big situations like my parent's death, and sister's suicide, to little situations like just not getting my pay on time.

No matter what the situation he has always put his faith and trust in me that if I couldn't make a payment (which at times I couldn't pay for weeks) he trusted I would pay. He worked through every situation with me as long as I communicated with him what was going on. He always assures me we will get through this. He does not just treat you like a customer that never has problems. He makes you feel like family. He helps you want to stay a customer forever. If any place to get all the furniture needs this is it. Yeah I can try other places closer to home but working with Sean and being greeted so nicely by the store employees is definitely worth the extra distance. I must say if Sean ever left, I honestly don't know if I would want to stay though, as he is what makes you feel like more than a customer. The most I have ever seen in my lifetime of stores.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Rent-A-Center 915 Ellis Avenue Jackson, Mississippi 39209 - This store is where magic happens. Ms. Nicole **, Store Manager goes beyond the call of duty to make sure her customer's needs are met. I call her The Magician because she turns an impossible situation into a reality. Ms. ** is dedicated to meeting her customer's needs, with the dedication of loyal Staff, and a talented salesperson/manager Chelisa **, whom always waiting to greet the next customer while in the process of helping another.

Every retailer and their customers bump heads and have heated disputes, but at the end of the day, Ms. **, not taking it personally, goes on to ensure that her customers are satisfied, never letting her guard down and always has a smile. No matter what others has experience, my Rent-A-Center will always get five stars from me, because they have embraced me and my family. If I am upset about a product, Nicole will leave no table unturn until the situation is taken care of... Like I said she is 'The Magician', because she turns dust into magic, by making it happen, it's a 'Magical Experience'.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We have shopped twice at the Crossville, TN RAC and both times have been excellent. We have dealt with Brandon and Brittani and both are extremely caring and willing to work with the customer to get the item they want. This was a short term rental while we vacationed at Fairfield Glade Resort and they took our order, we went in, completed the paperwork and our recliners were delivered right away that day. I am disabled and need the recliner to sleep so it is a real comfort to know that I can rely on Rent-A-Center to provide what I need. I cannot say enough great things about this location and their personnel. This team cannot be beat for customer service. This time, Brittani went above and beyond to help us after the nightmare we had in Monroe, Michigan in May. Thank you to the staff and owners of this location. Beats other locations HANDS DOWN!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

Original review: Nov. 4, 2019

Ok so I recently visited Cleveland St Ohio, and I've always rented and paid within my 90 days. But now they have a new process. In which I was denied due to a family members nonpayments and using me as a reference... Why is this on me... Probably why they're on the verge of closing.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

They have bed bugs, and they will not take responsibility for infesting my home. My husband and I are leasing a used bed from Rent-A-Center and we felt a lot of inching and biting. After we inspected the bed, we saw little bed bugs crawling around the cracks of the bed.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

This is the most ** and raggedy place to rent furniture from! I was in the store for less than 2 minutes before my 4 year old daughter tripped over a couch that barely had any cushion on the arm rest and busted open her eye! The store was so packed with furniture you could barely move through the aisle! The manager Matthew and worker showed no compassion and didn’t even ask if she was ok and they couldn’t find the first aid kit to even treat my daughter eye! I called the police and ambulance! The District manager Elaine was out of town in Michigan and promised me that my daughter medical bills would be taken care, when she returned she completely blew me off! She even hung up in my face when I asked for the district director name and phone number! I’ve called Rent-A-Center corporate plenty of times and they have yet to help out, this whole company is horrible and idek why they're still in business!!! Do not go there!!!

Original review: Oct. 15, 2019

They call you multiple times on your due date, they don’t even wait 24 hours after your due date to call. Who calls on the due date to collect payment. I have been paying for an item for over 30 weeks and the store is demanding that I set up auto payment because it’s under new management. NOWHERE in my agreement does it say I “have to” sign up. Then once I couldn’t pay on time, spoke to someone at the store and they agreed to let me pay 2 days later, I get a call later that night from the store saying no, not possible. They overcharge and are aggressive and will call our employer when you’re not even a week late. Stay far away from these people.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2019

Payments are never what they say online, you will end up paying more than 2000 dollars for something that is 700 dollars and their customer service sucks. I was paying 140 dollars for a living room set and one day I decided to google it and the same set was less than 800, the only reason I didn’t return it was because I already have paid like 1000 dollars. I don’t recommend this company, if you have a 600 credit score you can be approved for an Ashley credit card and get any furniture you want for 2 years without interest.

Rent-A-Center Company Information