4.0/5 (697 ratings)

About Rent-A-Center

Rent-A-Center Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

Original review: Sept. 10, 2022

We got a couch and loveseat from this so called business. They are high for one thing. We pay monthly and have never got a full month behind. They are already calling my job and came to our home and parked in the woods so you couldn’t see his car from the house. Gets out and starts pacing up and down my driveway when my wife and babies were home and me at work. Never knocks on the door. Who does this?? Rent A Center in Hickory is a joke.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2022

Was a customer for 13 years at Alcoa TN and Maryville TN stores. Zack was manager and John was DM. The first 8 yrs went great. Excellent service and quality merchandise, John even finished the payoff on a entertainment center if I rented a washer and both I still have 15 yrs later. But the del. service started getting bad got a refrigerator and they tore my door and dented the refrigerator instead of taking doors off fridge. Got a laptop for wife. 6 month and the screen got a huge green line going through. It it went to service like 5 times and still never got fixed.

Janet was at Alcoa TN store with Zack then your corporate office made good on that and for that wife was grateful. We have had a couple things that needed repairs following that and we had to complained to John and Zack a lot 'til they got repaired or replaced. I figured that if I have to pay a lot of money I always got new. Never previously rented but the one time I did it was a bunk bed for my handicap daughter. Your guys set up in my living room I was redoing my daughter's floor.

About a week maybe 10 days later she has a lot of small bites on her we removed the mattress. Didn’t seen nothing. It wasn’t until I unscrewed the wood slats when we saw the bed bugs. Your co. sent someone out to check and underneath all the box springboards was infested. Your company had to flip the bill for getting rid of them and replace ins things that got infested. To make a long story short I went into the Alcoa store before Zack left and John was there with him was going to rent something. Zack said I couldn’t rent anything else. I asked him why. He said I need to talk to John. He got John to come out and this is what John told me he wasn’t renting to me because I had cost the company to much money and that I went over his head to have things done that he wouldn’t. How is anything that happen my fault?

13 years I was a good customer and at least 18-20k of my money. Paid off a lot of stuff with no complaints, Dustin is managing store now I went in there to rent a new refrigerator and he told me he would have to call John. He went into office, came out and told me that John said no he has never forgot me going over his head. I asked Dustin about it. He just shrugged his shoulders and said sorry and he koans I was a good customer. I have brought a lot of referrals to RAC and would like to stay a customer what can we do to fix this? Something that wasn’t my fault I wound up going to conns home furnishings to get my refrigerator at less the price from RAC but I go ticking the people Janet, Zack, Dustin and other staff. It all falls to John using his muscle to pick who rents and who don’t. Please email me back a response or feel free to call, thanks for hearing me out.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

I had tables once, now they're gone, why? I have paid the rent for RAC, turns out, they took my table.. And they even took my lamp, that's why I recommend Aarons, if not, then don't try this company, they will try to take what you have..

Original review: July 18, 2022

In 2019, I bought a furniture set from them. First three months were great. And then the fabric began fading and tearing. So I called and called and it wasn't until a year later on the last day of our warranty when my couch was absolutely crumbled and shredded that they came by, said they can't fix it or replace it and left. $2000 for this couch and it lasted less than 7 months. Today in 2022, after trying to keep the couch together with super glue and nails, I finally just threw it out to curb. Btw, the couch was made from plywood, thin cushions and staples. Very cheap quality. I sat in it today and the whole couch just crumbled. Literally. Never again.

Original review: July 15, 2022

I’ve been renting from Rent A Center for about a year now and I was late one time out of a year my payment is due on a Sat. I paid it on a Mon. I had emergency heart surgery on Friday so I couldn’t pay on Saturday. My outside camera show they came to my house 4 times and email me 3 times and texted me 3. My son called them, told them my payment would be 2 days late and the reason why. They hang up on my son.. I was in the hospital for 2 weeks. My payment is due every two weeks. They started texting and emailing two days before for reminders then I get out the hospital they charged my card without my permission. I didn’t know. Then I get on the app to make my payment, it goes through then I’m over down in my bank. I called to tell them about it. They was rude and hung up on me.

The woman that answered said, "Now you don’t have to worry about a payment. Bye." I’ve tried to talk to someone else but got the same run around then my buy out was 545. I went to pay it and their Computer was down. The lady said, "I’ll put a note here saying you just paying it off." this was a Saturday morning when my payment was due so I went home around 550pm, rent a center was knocking on my door for payment. I told the story, come Monday, I go in to pay it off and I got all kinds of late fee and charges so my payment came to 680. I would never rent from them again. I know people that rented stuff never paid and nothing happen but the ones that pay they treat like **. This is in Toledo Ohio

Original review: July 6, 2022

Got this PC as a starter gaming computer and it was quick and easy to set up and I love it so far! I was able to get it online and then pick it up in the store and it took only a few short minutes for me to get it up and running.

Original review: July 3, 2022

I am contacting a Lawyer for Harassment and Mental Anguish, Rent-A-Center 23101 Merrick Blvd, Queens, NY I picked up a TV from these people and they have been terrorizing me ever since... They have been to my home twice (have it on Video Surveillance) First time was on December 20th right before Christmas, my wife open the door and they threaten her and my dog went crazy. They left notices on my gate with my name on them for the public to witness... They have texted me threatening to call the police and tell them that I stole the item (FALSE POLICE REPORT). This has cause me stress I have never experienced in my life before?

Original review: July 1, 2022

I had a pay out balance of $181 as of last night June 29,2022... I called and told them I would pay it on the app…When I went to the app..It didn’t have the payout balance of $181. It had $112 so I paid the $112 and then it says I owe 3 more notes but if I pay out early it will be $119.. I called the store I deal with and they told me if I had of come in and paid it in person I would’ve had a zero balance and by me paying on the app it was charging me more.. I said I don’t have an extra hundred dollars to give y’all when I had a payout for $181 and if I owe anything it’s $69…I’ve been dealing with them for years and I feel like they’re ripping people off through the app…It’s not the workers because they are wonderful people. It’s the app…I paid my last Aaron’s note on the app and it didn’t say I owe anything else..It was paid out like it said…Rent-A-Center please do something about that.

Original review: April 4, 2022

I was approved and they put my store in the bronx and I live in Allentown. I explained this to the corporate office and they told me to call the bronx store. Well this lady called me from Rent A Center, charged my card. Then when I called back she told me I was not in the system. I am done. I will purchase what I need with a credit card. Thanks rent a center. You save me a bill.

Original review: March 27, 2022

After doing some price comparison, the fact that for a "Maytag top loading washer" that was priced NO MORE than $656.00 all day long, on EVERY SITE I VISITED..... THEN I see that Rent A Center prices the exact same washer at almost $900.00 cash and almost $1900.00 with their all too easy to utilize weekly payment plans,... IS ALL I NEED TO RATE 1 STAR. IMO this is taking advantage of those who can't obtain a morally sound, low interest payment plan!! HOW IS THIS ALLOWED??

Rent-A-Center Company Information