2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.41/5

Rent-A-Center Reviews

Original review: May 10, 2020

I think people are exaggerating on here. I've had nothing but good experiences with Rent A Center. They have even made it easier to make your payments with auto pay now. The people that are saying nothing but bad things have their own personal agenda or don't know how to pay their bills on time. Rent a center is very understanding and willing to help but you guys have to do your part in keeping in contact with them. Besides they still have a job to do. And they are essential because what if your appliance went out during this pandemic where are you going to go?

All in all you just gotta let them know what's going on so they can help you, I've witnessed it first hand. I've needed help plenty of times. And they are willing to help the people who want to keep and contact not the people who want to blow them off and take advantage of the pandemic. I'm sure most of the people complaining are still working. Just don't want to pay. Look at it this way if someone you knew personally owed you some money like a substantial amount are you going to let them blow you off? I don't think so, put yourself in their shoes. I'm sure they also have corporate breathing down their back trying not to go bankrupt. Prices are kind of high is the only bad thing I have to say about them but my store in Gladstone Missouri is great!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I always have remarkable customer service experience with Calvin the manager! I have been dealing with him for 20 years and have no complaints! I recommend Rent-a-Center in Marquette Michigan! The staff there is also very friendly.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

Me and my husband have known this company for years especially Troy and Jason and Chris even when it was ColorTyme. If they didn't have what you needed they would try their damnedest to get it. I recommend them and they do work with you. Keep up the good work guys.

Original review: May 16, 2020

RAC in Lakewood, Wa. These people are ridiculous and vicious. No effort to help folks and claims to be essentials but do not give leniency for people who have been affected by CV. Store manager is the worst as well. No tact and lack of sympathy for clients.

Original review: May 16, 2020

I went to rent band new things from the RAC in rocky mount NC on fairview rd 27801. I was already inform on how the RACs here in Rocky mount call and harass you. How they call uncontrollably about something you know you owe them. Not late but a friendly reminder I didn't ask for every time it becomes time to paid the bill. Although the prices and the product (online) looked awesome. I did my application online two days before I went into the store. The store workers could not find it. So they said, but yet called my phone number I had set up in on the very same application you said, "You couldn't find." So, not only am I dealing with people who try to belittle other people intelligence and will quickly lie to you. I were not pleased with the service I were getting from the start. It was very poor.

I later call back to tell them that, "Yes. You found my application because you called my cell phone." I was told to disregard the call. Then later had to redo my application all over again. So very unprofessional. But I'm doing business with RAC not their workers. After I completed the application It took me several days before I even got what I paid for. They wouldn't let me take my tv home nor did they have my game system. It was painful, mentally. I understand you have to ask some questions about a person life, but some things are not meant to be asked.

From the start of me applying for my TCL tv and switch. I didn't feel so conformable in even giving my money to them. Let alone my contact information or anyone else who knew me. I figured something was not going to be right. By the way I asked for my product to take home and they didn't want to give me it me. Other places do not mind you taking something that belongs to you. What made this place so special? You tell me... I was told my switch was not going to the store. It in fact were going to one of the workers homes. Wait, why is my product going there. You tell me. I couldn't go to the store that had it to get it. I was not allowed to at least get my television. Although, I could look at the store module. See how it works from the store module.

Now, I Own a SUV. So, indeed I have more than enough space to take my own product home. I was told they needed to bring it to my home so if anything go wrong they brought it. Well, damn... Excuse me... I wish Wal-mart, Target, K-mart etc. would do that. Now, to me; it became a hostage issue with something I paid for. How hard is it to load a box with a tv in it in my truck and drive home. Why do I have to or need you to bring anything to my home. Can't say you needed to know where it was going to be. I gave you my address. I didn't need for them to set up anything. I don't need you in my home. Its was a very Painful and unprofessional experience I every had over something I'm giving my money to.

I was told I were going to get my product when they first opened up 9 a.m. I told them I had to work that day. I had to be there at 1 p.m. They didn't bring it at the time I asked nor the time they said. I didn't get my product until the afternoon after 4. Really. Really. So, when they finally get to my home. I received the TV. It came with no box, he brought it in already together. There were no papers instructions about the TCL TV. The cable cord adapter on the back of the tv were broken. You can see where the paint is chipping on the stand. The Switch was pre-opened. It had a thin cell phone charger wire and cell phone adapter cube. It were missing the AUX cord. The controllers are slack and will not stay on connected when playing it in hand held mode. The box in which it sits on has a shortage in it. It has to be reconnected to a power source just so I can play it on the broken TCL TV I have.

My father just dead at the beginning of this week. I didn't tell/call them to tell them anything about my dad death. Frankly it's none of their business. So how did you know. Why are you calling my family at the time of us grieving. Why are you even calling in the first place. Behind a bill not even a week late. Harassment to the fullest. I thought the government put a hold on paying billing. Even though, I were still paying them. They went and harassed my love ones, to locate my where about. Like my parents. I'm away from town and get a phone call where they have called to now harass my mother. During this time you called to say you know about the death and call them before call the police.

Ok, I informing you all the that this is not the last step I'm taking about the over all experience I had with this place. I wanted everyone to know just what they're getting themselves into dealing with these people at this store. The harassment, threatening me and damaged product with the poor customer service is what I will be expressing my deepest concern. No one at this time in life with ever thing going on. Should deal with. I have the witness 5 that all saw how the Tv and switch came and the over tons of people who are willing to talk about how these people treat people. Trust me I will be calling the HR with your company and if need be I will be talking to my lawyer on Monday.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

Original review: May 9, 2020

I live in Washington Pa and our Rent A Center that is located on West Chestnut St is the WORST rent a center ever. The manager talks to his customers like they are worthless. He has no compassion and he’s just rude. I rented a laptop and two cell phones and I didn’t know they rented me a laptop with no battery in it but yet they gave me a charger with it. I got home and realized that my laptop wouldn’t stay on because there was no battery and the only way it would work is if it was on the charger. I called rent a center and they said it would take a week for the battery to come in and that they would call me when it does, it NEVER came in I believe and they gave me runaround.

I called them today to see if they would give me an extension and I would pay them double on my paycheck because due to the coronavirus I was having it hard and he said, "No I’m not doing extensions and you gotta pay what you owe." He has no compassion as to what is going on because he isn’t the one who lost their job due to this. STEVE is the manager and he’s horrible. I am not the only one who thinks this. He needs to be fired. Now the other employee Mike, he treats me so nice and he’s so caring. He’s a great asset to that place. Remove Steve and have mike as the manager!! If I could get corporate's number to place my concerns I would call them.

Original review: May 5, 2020

I just recently moved into a new apartment and needed some furniture so I went on Rent-A-Center website and saw that they were running a special first week 1995. Well I found a love seat in the couch I happen to like. The payments would have came out to be like $80 a month so I went ahead and filled out the online contract. nobody even called me for two days then they call me to find out when my pay days were so they know where my rent was due and I told him to 10th and 25th. Well they told me they would deliver my furniture on the 21st which they did when they got here then for me that my rent will be due on the 25th since it's my payday.

Well mind you they brought the furniture on the 21st and my payment is due the 25th. If I recall right a week is 7 days not for so now every payment I make is late 'cause when you get paid on the 25th or 10th or whenever you have to have at least one day to cash it especially if you're working on that day or if the 25th falls on Sunday Rent-A-Center is not even open but they're going to charge you for that day of being late and on top of all that when they got here with my rental contract it was almost double what I had expected to pay. According to their ad on the internet it would have been $80 a month when everything was said and done I pay almost a hundred and fifty. That's not exactly a small difference but it's because they tack on all these fees that don't mention in their ad when they advertise a rental price.

And on the day they delivered my furniture the dude told me he had to wait for me to sign up for auto-pay before he could leave basically telling me that if I didn't sign up for auto-pay he couldn't rent me the furniture which rent-to-own has no policy about having to have auto-pay. It says you can sign up for it but you don't have to so basically this dude intimidated me to sign up for auto-pay so he can get some kind of bonusI find this to be so sad because at one time I used to rent from Rent-A-Center quite often I bought in a lot of stuff in them over the years but I would never buy another thing from them. This is the worst experience I've ever had and they are the biggest rip-off there is if you have to rent some rent from Aronson's I've rented from them before and yes they're expensive but they're honest when they advertise a rental price that's what you pay for it they don't slap a bunch of charges on and when they tell you a week they actually mean it you get the product for a week for the price they advertise it at.

Original review: April 27, 2020

If I could give rent a center zero stars I would! Even when I paid on time the day I am due to pay I get numerous calls about my payment! It’s ** ridiculous! Now we are all going through this hardship with the COVID-19 they are still harassing me about my most recent payment which is only $56.00! I owe them $56.00 ** dollars and they keep calling me. They have to be the most insensitive company I have ever been involved with! The supervisor is very rude! And so is the ** other employees. Them ** need to count their days because I’m over them and this **! If I knew it would be this much to rent I would of just brought outright. Never rent from Rent A Center especially! The Rent A cCnter in Philadelphia at 6585 Roosevelt Blvd! Management sucks!!!!

Original review: April 11, 2020

I have to agree with every comment made about this company, they been harassing me on the phone everyday since this virus started its attack and I couldn't work due to all business closing down. I'm pinching pennies for my kids and we don't have a car, so I have to walk with caution to get our needs and the prices these stores are charging are crazy. I'm so disappointed in them after all these years and I mean years I have done purchased many items from them in different states and this is what they do!

Do they really think I'm gonna put them before my children's well being, now they done sent me a threatening letter saying their gonna prosecute me and send me to jail, but they say their customers are important! I wish the state officials would jump on them and reprimand them for such disrespect and inhumane acts towards their costumers and causing more stress on top of what everything else, us as a society are going through a very ruff time in our lives right now with this situation!

Original review: April 8, 2020

These people crazy... The world is in big money troubles... Yet they calling people for payments? How and why are you even still open. That's not essential... Pissing me off calling me 10 times a day... I have bigger bills to worry about and you wanna take my bed? Have you lost your mind? Again how and why are they open? Pure greedy... The bill collectors dont even call no more but Rent-A-Center do.

Rent-A-Center Company Information