2.7/5 (1882 ratings)

About Rent-A-Center

Rent-A-Center Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

Original review: April 4, 2022

I was approved and they put my store in the bronx and I live in Allentown. I explained this to the corporate office and they told me to call the bronx store. Well this lady called me from Rent A Center, charged my card. Then when I called back she told me I was not in the system. I am done. I will purchase what I need with a credit card. Thanks rent a center. You save me a bill.

Original review: March 27, 2022

After doing some price comparison, the fact that for a "Maytag top loading washer" that was priced NO MORE than $656.00 all day long, on EVERY SITE I VISITED..... THEN I see that Rent A Center prices the exact same washer at almost $900.00 cash and almost $1900.00 with their all too easy to utilize weekly payment plans,... IS ALL I NEED TO RATE 1 STAR. IMO this is taking advantage of those who can't obtain a morally sound, low interest payment plan!! HOW IS THIS ALLOWED??

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 17, 2022

I do not get paid until Tuesdays, they knew this before bringing me the washer and dryer. Still they harass me, tell me their payday is on Saturdays, so I better pay a week in advance. No customer skills whatsoever. Call after call, and I would pay the fines and all. But yet they continue. Disabled daughter and myself disabled, but yet even though we make great money, they have no desire to even work with us, so I procured another set and when my husband comes home from work for the week, they can come tomorrow around 4pm and get her thier bs products!!!

I will never recommend this company to anyone. Unbelievable bad business. I am so happy to see them go and know I will never get another harassing phone call or drop by that they do to try to intimidate people...Well I am a legal assistant, too bad for them for their actions. Do not use them. Buy them out right, if you need help please try a business that will help you like Happy's. Stay away from Rent A Center, thieves and stalkers.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2022

Rent-A-Center in Surprise, AZ on Grand Ave. Hedi store manager is a nightmare. She needs to be fired. She treated so badly almost thought it was a racist attack using her manager as a way to disrespect me in refusing my money for payment on tv. I will escalated my experience to corporate office and above until I am heard. I do not recommend this store. Thank you.

Original review: Feb. 4, 2022

The store manager at the Westfield Store in MA, has been so rude. There has been times I've called and he's hung up. I've gone in the store and he's on his phone and his assistant helps me. He's not professional. He's not friendly at all, he's just extremely rude to work with. He's one of the worst managers I've seen in this store. I don't recommend working with him. Ask for his assistant or another coworker.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2021

The manager and employee of this store are outright rude and highly unprofessional to paying customers. I purchased a bed online and on that same day I confirmed with the store delivery of bed to my home on 12/9/21. I called store on 12/8/21 to find out the time of delivery of my bed. The female employee was extremely rude arguing with me that there is nothing showing in their system about my order and rudely and loud voice told me I must have purchased from another store. I asked her what she needed from me to help her do her job and she spoke to me in a rude and condescending way. I told her to stop. I told her I’m a paying customer and her treatment is unprofessional and that it’s not my fault they don’t know how to resolve the issue. She began speaking to a male employee about me in a rude way and abruptly put me on hold.

Then the male manager got on the phone and continued the rudeness and was adamantly saying I must have purchased from somewhere else and he doesn’t appreciate me telling him how to do his job. I told him I’m a paying customer trying to get the bed I purchased delivered as I was told on the day I ordered it and that he should not be rude and unprofessional with paying customers. He elevated his voice at me the entire time trying to speak over me. He said they have nothing on my order and that’s that. I looked up my email confirmation of order and told him how much I paid and the date and the store number and phone number. That’s when he asked if I paid the full cash price? I repeated that I paid in full online.

Then all of a sudden he changed his tone and said to me that’s why they didn’t see the order and was trying to nicely refer to me as mam. He said my bed would be delivered on Friday 12/10 rather than 12/9. A delay because they didn’t know about my order. This experience was highly negative and abusive at best. There was no apology. I will absolutely never again purchase anything from this store and I will be giving it the negative review it deserves. The days of treating a paying customer in a professional manner are over in this particular store. They not only need retraining on how to navigate their own systems and do their job right but they would hopefully benefit in retraining on how to conduct themselves as decent human being and polish up on their interaction and communication skills. They sound like extremely low educated people who bring their home way of doing things into the marketplace. Absolutely disgusting and tacky.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

At Rent A Center they are absolutely terrific. Their prices are absolutely affordable. The delivery men are extremely nice. I will recommend everyone to go there to rent anything. Just don't go to Aaron's. They are ripoff. I will give all of my business to Rent A Center from now on.

Original review: Sept. 10, 2021

After not being able to decide which living room set was best for my apartment, I was greatly assist you. The manager Lewis who convinced me to get the one I did and wow.. I am so pleased. The size, the color, everything is perfect. I am a long time customer since 2005 and I will remain one. The delivery people and employees are respectful and energetic. Thank you Eli as well.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2021

We have been reading some furniture and things from Rent A Center and we’ve gotten behind on our payments. We have some issues inside of our house and they are refusing to pick up merchandise that we cannot afford. Correlation and Pam have been very rude to us and refused to pick up merchandise from our home. This is in Lehigh Acres Florida.

Original review: July 25, 2021

I just used Rent A Center to order a new laptop over this past weekend. So far I have with a wonderful salesman named Thomas both times when calling our Syracuse, New York. I cannot wait to be a permanent customer of this company! :) KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK RAC EMPLOYEES!!

Rent-A-Center Company Information