2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.68/5

Rent-A-Center Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Spoke with the manager Maurice. He was very polite and extremely helpful to what I was looking for. Explain everything in detail and made my experience worth going to the store. I look forward to getting more products from this gentleman.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Just wanted to thank the guys at the Laconia NH Rent a Center. My hubby and I tried to fix our dryer when it broke...no luck. When the bearing broke it bent the drum severely. Three children and six weeks from Christmas I can't exactly afford 300.00 for a new one. I had the dryer within 3 hours of calling. After reading these reviews I hope they are different here. I can handle many phone calls (I get 28 calls a day from my own family members that I ignore with no stress). The guys at rent a center were thorough and even helped us load the dryer into our car. No complaints so far but I have no problem updating if there is an issue.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

It didn't take that long for them to get me through the paperwork. Really good customer service and the laptop that I got works like a charm. It's really good laptop. I love it and I have to say that I am really happy with it and I love it so much I am going to pay it off.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I think people are exaggerating on here. I've had nothing but good experiences with Rent A Center. They have even made it easier to make your payments with auto pay now. The people that are saying nothing but bad things have their own personal agenda or don't know how to pay their bills on time. Rent a center is very understanding and willing to help but you guys have to do your part in keeping in contact with them. Besides they still have a job to do. And they are essential because what if your appliance went out during this pandemic where are you going to go?

All in all you just gotta let them know what's going on so they can help you, I've witnessed it first hand. I've needed help plenty of times. And they are willing to help the people who want to keep and contact not the people who want to blow them off and take advantage of the pandemic. I'm sure most of the people complaining are still working. Just don't want to pay. Look at it this way if someone you knew personally owed you some money like a substantial amount are you going to let them blow you off? I don't think so, put yourself in their shoes. I'm sure they also have corporate breathing down their back trying not to go bankrupt. Prices are kind of high is the only bad thing I have to say about them but my store in Gladstone Missouri is great!

Original review: April 15, 2021

Ok so my daughter rented a fridge and some lamps to use at our house from RAC, after a couple months she lost her job so I just continued paying, about 6 months later the compressor went out in the fridge, I immediately called rac and told them that I had another fridge I was going to use so was going to send this back and look for something else, they said fine. They come over weekend to pick it up, so I moved fridge to our porch/deck so all they had to do was back in and load it when they came, alas 14 days later they finally showed up and wouldn’t take it cause it now had bugs in it from sitting outside so long and pretty much told me I had to keep paying for a broke fridge that I was stuck with it. Anyways me and my family being 20 year customers were kind of shocked and will now be renting elsewhere.

Original review: March 6, 2021

My card was charged without my knowledge, ordered a gas dryer and on delivery day they say, "We don’t even carry gas dryers!" Still waiting on my refund 3 days later, absolutely the worst customer service ever, if you can understand what they are saying.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2021

Furniture I purchased on the rent to own was damaged after only a few short months. The inspector came and said it was damaged. The store and district manager are no help. They were supposed to order me a new couch and this was supposedly done October 7, 2020. They claimed it was on back order due to Covid, however upon speaking to the furniture manufacturer and the main store Ashley said numerous times they are not this backed up and it should only have taken 2-3 months maximum for my sectional to come in, it's been 4 months and nobody returns calls. I contacted the corporate office, and the district manager and the head operating manager has not returned my calls. So, I am left with damaged furniture and a store I refuse to contact because of how awful their attitudes and unprofessionalism is and the upper management team has done nothing.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2021

After submitting a complaint (one of the almost 500 received in 2020) to the BBB the RAC legal team responded with a letter that has to be seen to be believed! This letter is packed with so much misinformation I almost feel bad for the “legal representative” writing it! According to her, in the past 2 years I purchased 5 mattresses and frames from RAC and tried to get out of paying each time a payment was due! Yet when I needed a 6th mattress and frame the “exceptional staff” took mercy upon on me and gave me a mattress and frame for a courtesy period! 6 mattresses and frames in 2 years, they know I’m a problem customer so they give me a 6th???? This letter speaks such volumes to their commitment to customer service and satisfaction! Sincerely, please take the time to read it and see what this part time laundry mat attendant and part time small town paralegal submits to the BBB on behalf of the RAC legal team!

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

I got double charged off the app, showed proof to the store and the corporate building, and 5 days later, still have not gotten anything resolved, other than them saying they will look into it?! Not a good time to be double charging and not correcting. Yet this company still called and asked where the payment was ?! Just very unprofessional. The workers at the Union Park store Alex, and Pedro are very nice and trying to help, but I guess corporate is not to concerned with helping resolve this! One dissatisfied customer.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2020

I've been trying to reach this Rent-A-Center for 2 months well the manager anyway because of my voucher. I have a voucher for another product so I've been trying to get a manager on the phone since 2 months. Wait. What? This is the Rent-A-Center 1720 Sam Rittenberg Boulevard Charleston South Carolina 29407. The employees lie and say that the managers are out of the building or is busy. That location does not get a lot of business so I know they're lying and I'll set out the door in my car and saw that the manager was in the building while the employees told me that the manager was busy. I am sick of this Rent-A-Center. They have no business ethic and they are very sloppy! I don't even want to put a star rating but I can't move on to the next page until I do so. It's going to be a one of course!

Rent-A-Center Company Information