2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.69/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Rent-A-Center Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Spoke with the manager Maurice. He was very polite and extremely helpful to what I was looking for. Explain everything in detail and made my experience worth going to the store. I look forward to getting more products from this gentleman.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

Just wanted to thank the guys at the Laconia NH Rent a Center. My hubby and I tried to fix our dryer when it broke...no luck. When the bearing broke it bent the drum severely. Three children and six weeks from Christmas I can't exactly afford 300.00 for a new one. I had the dryer within 3 hours of calling. After reading these reviews I hope they are different here. I can handle many phone calls (I get 28 calls a day from my own family members that I ignore with no stress). The guys at rent a center were thorough and even helped us load the dryer into our car. No complaints so far but I have no problem updating if there is an issue.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

It didn't take that long for them to get me through the paperwork. Really good customer service and the laptop that I got works like a charm. It's really good laptop. I love it and I have to say that I am really happy with it and I love it so much I am going to pay it off.

Original review: May 10, 2020

I think people are exaggerating on here. I've had nothing but good experiences with Rent A Center. They have even made it easier to make your payments with auto pay now. The people that are saying nothing but bad things have their own personal agenda or don't know how to pay their bills on time. Rent a center is very understanding and willing to help but you guys have to do your part in keeping in contact with them. Besides they still have a job to do. And they are essential because what if your appliance went out during this pandemic where are you going to go?

All in all you just gotta let them know what's going on so they can help you, I've witnessed it first hand. I've needed help plenty of times. And they are willing to help the people who want to keep and contact not the people who want to blow them off and take advantage of the pandemic. I'm sure most of the people complaining are still working. Just don't want to pay. Look at it this way if someone you knew personally owed you some money like a substantial amount are you going to let them blow you off? I don't think so, put yourself in their shoes. I'm sure they also have corporate breathing down their back trying not to go bankrupt. Prices are kind of high is the only bad thing I have to say about them but my store in Gladstone Missouri is great!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2020

I always have remarkable customer service experience with Calvin the manager! I have been dealing with him for 20 years and have no complaints! I recommend Rent-a-Center in Marquette Michigan! The staff there is also very friendly.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

We rented a few items from them and our "new king size" bed from the sales floor had bed bugs. I looked it up and bed bugs are common evidently for RAC. I have pictures and have sent them to a lawyer. The manager made a verbal agreement with me then failed to follow through. I will never rent again and I will be sure to share my experience.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

In the beginning of November I had put $15.00 down online for a Nintendo Switch and then a Pac Man arcade. I did receive a phone call saying they were out of the Switch but if I could come in to fill out the paperwork for the Pac Man arcade. I had went into the store, filled out portions, but I didn't have a few important information that was needed and never went back.

The next day I ended up having a family emergency where I was gone for 2 weeks with just returning to town yesterday. To my surprise I receive a rental agreement dated 11/19/2020 with my name on it. I never okayed and wanted this product that I am even more upset that someone signed and dated a contract without my permission. How can a company do this without the go ahead from the customer? Don't 2 people have to settle on a contract? Isn't that the way it works? Nowadays or when you don't hear back from a customer you just sign and date their name to a contract? I am definitely not interested in ever renting from a company that does business like this. Also I am not spending my off day seeing who to contact in regards to this.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Handle broke on my 2000 dollar couch. It got sent off to get fixed. Now 3 1/2 months later my couch coming back not even fixed. Not a good way to do business with someone who has been a loyal customer for 5 years. Well I can now say I'll never get anything from them again.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2020

I have had the worst experience. I missed a payment after making 41 straight payments with no issues. They kicked and damaged my apartment door which I had to pay 575 dollars to replace but that was not the worst part. I called Whirlpool which asked for the serial number of my washer and dryer. It took forever for me to find it and when I did I was told it was a model that was five years old. It was also damaged which was the reason why Rent A Center got a hold to it. I am on the one on Stage rd in Bartlett TN. I will never do business with them ever again.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2020

I was suppose to get my tv stand last week on Tuesday. When they arrived they couldn't get it through our front door. They tried and and scratched up the stand and the wall. They tried to bring it through the garage but couldn't due a few few inches cause some stuff was blocking their way. They didn't give me enough time to clean it and it wouldn't take long. One of workers said they couldn't lift the stand anymore. So they got frustrated with us and said they would deliver it on the Friday of last. But behold they couldn't 'cause their driver was sick. They said deliver it today early in the morning but they changed it till tonight. But I guess the manager had major bad attitude towards my fiance. It wasn't called for and after today I won't deal with them anymore.

Rent-A-Center Company Information