1.23/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

1041 Rent-A-Center Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

In the beginning the experience was great. However, after a few months it went downhill. If you are even a day late on your payment they are calling 4 and 5 times a day. Then they resort to coming to your house and leaving a note on your door. When you call to make a payment they’re rude and unprofessional. No “thank you for your business” no nothing. The “manager” just hung up on me after telling me my payment was approved. I think they all need to calm down and take a class on business practices and customer service. It’s freaking used furniture for crying out loud! Even the bank gives you a 10 day grace period for your car payment. I’ll just be glad when this crap is paid off and I never have to deal with this staff again! My advice, if you want to rent to own or finance with crappy credit, go to rooms to go! I wish I would have!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

RENT A CENTER IN LAKE ELSINORE, CA. Wow, this place is horrible, a friend of mine mentioned that people are great, somehow I have to verify who is he referring to. I called. Spoke to a lady, very nice, asked to come in and see and choose. Then I came in and eventually spoke to this guy. He said his name is "Jeff", saw a picture on the wall. He's the manager. I was like wow then that's great I get to meet the manager. To my dismay, he is ALL CAPS, "LOUD, ARROGANT, TOO CONFIDENT, RUDE, NO COMPASSION TO HIS CUSTOMERS. He talks like he's all that, like he owns the whole damn rent a place in the whole city"!!! Noticed he just wants to close a deal fast and owns you, so I refused. I feel so bad to my friend, going to let him know to try and pay off what he owes and never go back. I'm thinking my friend probably been speaking to the staff who covers their bosses attitude so that no one notices.

He probably hardly met the DISTRICT MANAGER "JEFF", since my friend pays online, I WILL GO TO WEBSITE LOOK FOR THAT JEFF PICTURE AND SHOW IT TO MY FRIEND. Going to look how to get him FIRED. I Don't care if he has a family to feed, he doesn't deserve the job, please this ugly **, a waste of my drive and time. I was just being nice to even give it a star, seriously their manager do not need a star. He needs to disappear, his staff that "lady - Ingrid" should be manager. She deserves 5 stars. Better yet, get fired, Jeff you call yourself a manager or the manager, not right for you, you are the worst. I will do in my power to get you fired.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I got an item from these guys a few weeks ago. Payments made on time every single week with no problem. We had a very bad storm here so I got behind on some of my bills... so the guy calls me and ask for my payment. I told him that I need more time to get caught up with everything because of the bad storm (which they knew about). He goes to say, "Well that'll be double payment next week and a late fee!!!" I asked if he could take the late fee off. Of course he say "no" so then of course they called me the next week asking for those two payments. I told him I still didn't have it.

I just needed a few more days (literally only needed 2 days). He placed his manager on the phone and he straight up told me "No" with no problem then he threatened to come pick it up... told me I had to make those two payments or else. They say they'll work with you but it's definitely a lie. THEY DON'T CARE!! I've heard bad things about these people but I like to see things for myself!! Never again. They definitely lost a loyal customer.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Lenox Ave, New York - My daughter got some bunk bed for her boys, a week passed and we noticed that her 3 year old woke up with bites all over his body. At first we thought they were mosquito bites, but he kept getting more and more. Finally I decided to check the beds, they were full of bed bugs. We got a lot of pictures and called RAC to get those beds out of the house, they did but now they do not want to do anything about it. A Terminix guy went and checked and he said they were full blown bed bugs. We have been trying to get a hold of the company the main company and they have not got back to us. Don't buy anything from them. They do not clean the furniture when people send it back. We are getting an attorney.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I BOUGHT SOMETHING FROM THEM AND IT DIDNT FIT THE DESCRIPTION AND HAVE ALL THE PARTS I WAS TOLD IT WOULD HAVE. I didn't find out until they put it in my house. They said they would order it and every time I asked about it, they just said "We don't know." When I am behind on payments even though I call ahead and communicate, they waste no time harassing me. They claim they can work with me but they don't. All they are doing is pissing people off so they want to return their junk. If they were more honest and actually did what they say, I would finish paying it and keep it but now they can take it back and I'll never do business with them again!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I am NOT and NEVER have been a customer at RAC. They harass me all the time. Some days they call 2 times, sometimes they call every hour and other days they call every 15 minutes! What can I do and why are they allowed to do this when I myself am not their customer?

Original review: July 26, 2018

If you are late with one payment they continued call, come to your house, knock hard on the front door then the back door and leave notes to take out charges on you. I have been a dealing with them for 3 years and have been up on my payments but don't let them receive one payment and the start the harassment. 3 people come for a 49 inch TV. One lady and two big ** men. Like they her bodyguards. This kind of treatment needs to stop and something needs to be done about. And when you tell them to leave they continue to stay. Especially the little lady. This happened at Rent-A-Center in Fayetteville NC the one on Ramsey St. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone and if someone had of told me this I would never have used them. Aaron's is a much better rent to own company to rent from in my opinion. Please give me some advice. Thank you!!

Original review: July 24, 2018

Do not ever rent from Rent-A-Center. They don't work with You cause I had a tv from them and they didnt want to work out payments and they call you a lot of times. I wouldn't recommend. They're really mean. They need to close down. Go to Aaron's. They're a lot nicer and excellent people.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I do not have a Rent-A-Center account. My former friend who I no longer speak with took a TV under his name using my address stating he was living there. Rent-A-Center left a note on my door. When I called they threatened to take the Sheriffs and cops to my address to go in my apartment and look for the merchandise. I told them he didn't live with me and how could they let someone take merchandise without verifying the address. I honestly do not have contact with this person. I have to go get a copy of my lease according to the Rent-A-Center manager and take it to him. I am also filing a police report about this because this is bogus. The account is not under my name or social security number so why harass me? I suffer from PTSD Fibromyalgia and also anxiety. I do not need to be going through this. I just might hire an attorney.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I just filed criminal trespassing charges against them today with the sheriff's office. Don't buy from here. They do not stand behind their word. They'll call you 10 times starting at 8am on your due date. I received 6 calls from 9a to 3p on due date even after telling 2 different people I'd be in later. Bunch of scammers and con artists. They'll threaten to come pickup item on due date if don't come in that day to pay. Even if tell them you can't make it that day and will be in on whatever day they'll blow your phone up everyday to harass you. Worst customer service. They have limited inventory. I don't see place staying open after talking to about 20 other people with bad experience from this location. Word is getting around about them. Just read other reviews and you will see for yourself. I even have in writing my payment due on Monday and they harassing me on Saturday for payment.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I went to Rent-A-Center to get a washer to rent to own. I was having such rough time. I miss my second payment with them. I ask them if I could catch everything up on the following pay week I was told no. I was informed that I was schedule for a pickup. I ask, "What do you mean. I only missed one payment and you are wanting to come get my washer. Really you got to be kidding me." The associate saids, "Yes we can come get it hold it for you until you get paid then bring it back to you when you make a payment." I told them that didn't make any sense. I ask, "Why don't you just let me keep it. I will catch the payment up make two in one." I was told no.

So the more I thought about it I call the corporate office about the issue. They gave it to the district manager. He call me told me the same thing. I told them, "If is how you do your customers then it's not good customer service." I was not trying to get out making a payment. I just needed another week to get caught up. I will never ever do business with them again. They are a rip off from the get go.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My husband and I purchased a portable washer and dryer from Rent-A-Center in Milford N.H. For the first couple weeks they were great, very accommodating to us and our needs. Then they started calling non stop on the day our bill was due just to ask how we planned on paying our bill. Now we had never been late with any payments. We asked over and over again that they not call on Saturdays. My husband works and they interrupt him at work for BS. They didn't listen. They kept calling. Then we had a family emergency so we didn't get our payment in on time. They called twice a day every day and filled our voicemails on both of our phones.

I tried to go into the app on that Thursday and pay the previous bill and there was an added payment due to the account. I called when we were back home to make the past due payment because you can't separate the payments online. He says to me "I'll be happy to take your payment that will be $44.98!" Our bill was $35.98 but for my convenience for him doing over the phone there's a $5.99 fee and another $3 fee for something else. I lost it and told him he was out of his mind and I was NOT paying an extra almost $10 for him to process my payment over the phone. Then I called and spoke to Eric who is I guess supposed to be the manager and he lies to me telling me he doesn't understand why they're calling since we're on the do not call list.

This is the kicker to his statement, it was Eric that called 8 out of 10 times! But he doesn't know why they're calling. So finally I told him we were done with them and we're bringing them back and he says "Oh no, we're not going to do that." I said "Yes we are because we're done being treated like crap by your staff!" He kept yelling over me when I was trying to tell him we were returning it so I said "Ok we're done. Goodbye". We returned them and will NEVER do business there again.

Original review: June 20, 2018

This company have destroyed my credit: I file a complaint with the Texas Attorney Office. They don’t care: I’ve file lawsuit and Rent A Center still to reply, the State of Texas is backing this company and allowing them to destroyed family.

Original review: May 7, 2018

RAC is the worse to rent. They don't care about nothing but their payments, which I understand it's a business. They are horrible all around in all area. They brought me the wrong size headboard for my bed and when they did get the right size they bought it with bedbugs. I had no problems with my bed till I got the new/OLD headboard. My girls were getting bit up so bad I had to take them to the hospital till I finally figure what it was and where it was coming from. I SUGGEST YOU SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY IT ALL AT ONCE FROM ANOTHER SOURCE OR RENT FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE. It's not worth it. Rent A Center sucks. Do not rent anything from RAC.

Original review: May 1, 2018

Because I do not drive, I used Rent-A-Center which is a block away knowing I would pay double the normal price - $1,121 cash for a new 55" Samsung TV. They informed me there are no returns on cash purchases which is fine and delivered it that day. When it was delivered, it was out of the box, with a few scratches on it and would not work with any of the three remotes any of the three delivery men brought. They informed me to try purchasing a universal remote. They had tried to contact Samsung, who stated they would send me an email in order to send them a copy of my invoice, which never happened. I spent the next few days trying to contact Samsung myself, finally got the email, sent a copy of my receipt, just to find out (and notice) that the receipt only states "Miscellaneous Items" as sold. Samsung says that they cannot verify from the receipt that I purchased one of their televisions from this.

I purchased two universal remotes and neither worked with the TV. I believe, they gave me someone else's TV who could not pay their bill and was repossessed. I went to speak to them about exchanging for a different, working, TV, but they flatly stated, "No, there are no refunds or exchanges of any kind on cash purchases!" This does not seem right, they knew when they set it up, it was not working. I purchased a new TV, expected it to come into my home in a box. DO NOT USE RENT-A-CENTER!!!

Original review: April 19, 2018

We got a little behind and tried to work with them and they want to just argue and want the money right then. We told them to come and get the TV and they said they didn't want it back. Just downright bad business practice. I would suggest to be on your guard before dealing with them.

Original review: March 18, 2018

This office lies and caught them on video and refused to do my agreement cause of the $3.17. They lied about not being able to verify my references after I recorded every reference saying they gave them my address and home number. WOW really. People I usually wouldn’t say this but wait until they have a sale. Get what you want for $3 a week then return it. Football game rent a big screen, then return it. Tell Alan Jennifer sent you right before you walk out. Thanksgiving and Christmas family coming over. Rent stuff then bring it back. It's all legal. That store is full of liars so find the loophole and use it.

Updated on 6/10/2018: With the recording in my hand I went back up there to confront Alan & Jennifer both for lying about not reaching my references. Anyway so the next day of course they wrote up my agreement and nothing was done to the 2 employees who lied just because of the special the store was running. And with proof in my hand that I get paid weekly they didn't even want to look at that, cause they wanted to put me on a monthly agreement cause of the price I would have to pay to get the item. But now they are calling after 2 months later and telling me to bring it up there. They will look at it now.

But anyway I'm writing because this Laurinburg store is so bad. If you have a payment 1 day late. I've been called by Phil with him saying "if I don't get a payment in from you today I'm gonna lose my job". I can't help but laugh cause dude really. 1 day late and your gonna lose your job. I will make the payment when I can cause I had to order a new debit card. Mine is so scratched up it wasn't working right. I ordered a whole new card with different numbers so I don't have that info yet. It will be 5-7 days and I will make the payment.

This was on a Thursday we had this talk. I said, "I should have my card Friday or Monday the latest, since I had already ordered it days ago." I was told, "Oh no. That is way too late. I can't do that." "Well okay, what are your choices, I'm not home so that means you're not getting in my house, plus if I was I'm not letting you in." Not when "I know the payment will be made Monday as soon as my new card arrives." So then I'm told, "Ok. I will go and start legal actions", go ahead you're gonna go to the court house, pay money to start legal actions, by the time you do all that on Monday (when I told you I'm making my payment) kind of a waste of time, huh. But knock yourself out.

This store is horrible. They lie about calls, say, "We have called you at this time and that time," when I have caller I.D and was home the times you are saying you called, then they love to say this, "I have it wrote down here." LIE. I don't care what you wrote down to look good, you never called. Bottom Line is this. They will call and say, "We need the payment now before the end of the day", I'm like or? Or what? Your store is gonna sink into a huge hole? They try to make sound like it is life or death if a payment's a couple days late just to pay more money. Wait until they file something at the courthouse, then make the payment. So I guess I pay money and you pay.

Here's the thing. I've had 3 agreements with these lying mf from another location, and paid all 3 off on time, several years ago. So if they call put them on speaker and hit record on your phone cause its funny. Plus if they come out to your house just record it. They don't like being recorded at all. But if they are in the wrong, you need proof of that.

I like to make my payments online, cause it doesn't go thru right then. The workers at this store just piss me off. They shouldn't be allowed to just lie to people like they do. Really they will get the payment when you give it to them, if its a couple days late. Not even that. Lets say you can't pay the payment that month. But can catch up next month 2 payments. But the time they go to the courthouse file paperwork, then you get a court date it has already been paid. So you go to court with a receipt and say, "It's caught up, here you go." If you had to do that, you could. If they actually worked with people, it would be better for them.

Original review: March 16, 2018

I ordered a TV and when I first ordered it I told the Store Manager at the Belleview Florida store that I was away up in Vermont seeing my kids and I wouldn’t be back for a few weeks and I wouldn’t get a paycheck for a couple weeks when I got back. And the store Manager Jim was all about WORKING with me and I told him all the before The Tv was delivered and they was all about helping and working with me. So they dropped the Tv off at my place cause my girlfriend was able to let them in. So As the United States Know that Vermont, New Hampshire and the rest of New England was hit with three big maybe 4 big Snow storm so my flight got cancelled twice.

I called and told the store Manager this and that my girlfriend went in for surgery and NOW JIM IS VERY RUDE AN DISRESPECTFUL AND SAYING HE NEVER SAID HE WOULD WORK WITH ME AND THAT I NEED TO GIVE THE TV BACK. I told him I have some cash I could gave to the store as a payment to show that I’m trying and they told me that wasn’t good enough and I must be a moron if I thought they would accept that and that I better be at my place by a certain time knowing I’m gonna be at work and now the corp office won’t even pick up. Been on hold about a hour in a half waiting for someone to help me. What’s up with the customer's service and the respect??? I won’t tell the people I hate the most to go through this company...

Original review: Feb. 19, 2018

On Saturday 2/17 your van driver ran over my mini Doxi Jax!! My pup went under the front tire followed by the back tire, he didn’t slow down, kept going turned the corner and watched me crying and carrying my dying dog to the house... then continued to drive away!! Never stopped... against the law and inhuman!! Called the Massena store to be told, "OH WELL Ma’am it was an accident. He is an animal lover..." some animal lover. Not an apology. Nothing!! I’m disgusted with this business. I will not recommend anyone buy anything from them!! Your staff are **, ** people!! If the driver didn’t have the heart or the balls to apologize the manager should have done so!!! Disgusted!!!

Original review: Feb. 13, 2018

Horrible company. Don't waste your time or money... very unprofessional... They don't even take the time out to check and secure all furniture before leaving. The only good thing that I can say about the store and Linden New Jersey is the manager Gladimire which is amazing... Always tries to fix the mess of the other incompetent workers.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

We rented to own a fridge when our old one was about to go out. We got it for less than $20 for the first month due to a special they were having, where we got 4 weeks free. Being a disabled veteran, with a disabled child as well, my income is limited. We actually got behind one month (before we signed up for autopay, which I highly recommend), and when it came time to pay, we were considering having them pick it up and just going and spending $300 on a new fridge and be done with it. It was less than $250 to get caught up. I told the guy at the desk what my thought process was, so instead of having us go elsewhere, he dropped late fees for one month, and added the one month we were behind, onto the end of our lease to own term. So we didn't end having to drop almost $250, right then.

We got to the end of our lease last month (1/2018), the amount was more than our normal monthly payment, and needed to be paid in the store. When my husband went up there, they let him pay part of it, and that left us with a balance of $65.81 to pay it off the next month (yesterday 2/2018). They give you this cute little certificate saying you are now the proud be owner of (insert property you rented to own). We had such a good experience with them, that we were considering renting to own a washer/dryer set, or mattress.

We live in a small trailer, they didn't carry any stackable washer/dryer sets. So we started looking at their mattresses, with the help of the salesman. He asked what kind of mattress firmness we were looking for, and showed us all our options. We picked the memory foam one because, my husband is often woke up by me moving around at night, and we both have back problems. It was only $5/week ($20/month) more expensive, than the softest spring mattress they had. The best part is it's only an 8 month lease, and since we paid off our fridge yesterday, we got our first month free (doesn't change the cost of the total for ownership). So we'll own it in September, if we pay it out, or the 90 day same as cash price is only $730+taxes and fees.

IDK that we'll be able to pay it off in 90 days but, they still have the early purchase option. You can purchase your item(s) for 50% of the remaining cost, plus the purchase payment, taxes and fees, at any time! Yes, you could get things cheaper, if you just put aside the money you'd be paying in rental fees, for a few months, but you have to wait till you have all the money, to have the item you want, doing it that way! Everyone I've dealt with at this Rent-A-Center (Leland, NC) has been absolutely the best!

I've rented to own a stackable washer/dryer set from Aaron's (Carolina Beach Rd in Wilmington NC) and getting behind once, there was no sympathy, courtesy, or professionalism. They were rude and there was just no reasoning with them! Didn't matter that I was going to pay two months plus, late fees, reinstatement fee, etc. I told them they had to wait to pick it up because, I wasn't home. They never showed up the day they said they would. They rescheduled when I called, after being so hell bent on getting their stuff back. I've rented to own from just about every company out there, in the past, and never had as good an experience as I did with this Rent-A-Center! It's also my first time paying anything off. They were always so professional, and courteous, I'll be buying stuff for years to come, from them. After the bed, a living room set will be next on my wish list!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

They took my deposit, now still waiting for the second confirmed delivery 10 minutes from their store. I had my second delivery scheduled for 12-2 today, took off from work for a second time and I had to call them at 2:30 to be told they are too busy to deliver to me today... I took a day off from work. I was told they would try for some time next week... HORRIBLE COmpany - Rent a Center, Bloomfield, NJ.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

I have had nothing but great interactions with my local rent a center. I have rented a couch for about 10 months now and have had very professional interactions. My couch was delivered on time and in perfect condition. I have used the referral process and as far as I know all my friends have been satisfied as well.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

I went to rent a center to see the pricing on dryers, while there we decided to buy one and make payments to extend the coverage. We filled out paperwork with all of our information (name, address, SSN, phone numbers, etc) the manager then entered it into their system. We were told our dryer would be delivered between 12 and 2 the next day, well 12 came then 1 then 2 and we were still waiting and no one had contacted us. We called and they said they would check with their delivery guy and call back, an hour later we called again and the manager said he was around the corner.

Keep in mind this is 2 hours late and we have been waiting all day! He gets to our place 30 minutes later and drops it in our driveway! So we remove our old one and install the new one. Well it doesn't work! So we call the manager again and she answers with "Oh you guys again." I was furious at this point. I told her it doesn't work and we had to move and connect it and she says "ok so?" I informed her the dryer didn't work and she said "fine" and sent the delivery guy back to our house, which took another hour. He told us the clothes have to be wet to make the dryer work (completely incorrect) but we tried it anyways. It still didn't work. So he said he would take that one back and replace it with another one that night. Well he never came back the manager used the excuse that he was not the regular delivery boy.

We finally get a functioning dryer and get it set up. 2 months later we forgot to call and make a payment (just slipped our minds) and my aunt in law calls saying that the manager has called her asking for money! Then my best friend calls me and says the same thing! I could not believe it, I called the manager and asked why this was happening. She said that this never happened. I told her my best friend and aunt in law have never met the only reason they would both be saying this is if it happened and they were the 2 people I listed as references! She continued to deny it until I said we had a recording since they called my aunt in law 3 times and even left a message.

So I asked them to check our phone numbers on the account, well she somehow didn't even put our numbers on the account! They were some random numbers neither of us knew! And we had stood in front of her and written our information down! I was so appalled at this point I asked for her name and said I was calling corporate. The manager then said "go ahead they won't do anything." I called and she was right they did nothing!

After another phone call with this 'Manager' and she called me a child on speaker with a car full of people. She is the most unprofessional person I have ever come across. I even went in the store to sort this all out and just pay the dryer off to be done with her and she continued to call after! I filed a complaint but doubt anything will be done. Do not go here the manager is horrible. I heard her yelling at another customer when I was in there trying to sort this mess she made out. The savings they offer is not worth being harassed, charged fees for their mistakes, having family members called for money, being called a child, or being yelled at by their 'management'.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

The initial delivery was a week late, I started being billed from the point I signed the contract, not the delivery date. The refrigerator that was delivered was lightly dented and scuffed up. The stove was missing the oven racks and they were never delivered. I paid the company almost $1200 for a dinette set worth no more than $600, with still another $1000 to go when the set was returned. And, while I did fall behind ONE PAYMENT, the company hounded, harangued, and berated me as if I owed some exorbitant amount, not $65. In short, your price to own are ridiculous, unless it is removed from the packaging directly, you can't be sure that you're getting new equipment. And the billing should start upon delivery, not before.

Your Return Team came tearing down my alley like I was a fugitive to cut me off. I can only assume that they thought I was fleeing the scene of my defaulted $65 payment, and wanted to ensure the safety of the general public. As I was emptying my trash, I had two burly men jump out of a vehicle to confront me and question my whereabouts and insist upon coming into my home. Although, they did eventually agree to come back at a later date.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

My couch was delivered BROKEN. After waiting many weeks a service man came to repair. It was unsuccessful. A SECOND attempt was made, it too was unsuccessful. RAC sent it out to factory for repair and did not give me a loaner. 3 weeks later it was returned and it was still broken. Called RAC and they said NO FURTHER attempts will be made to repair it as it was paid off 90 days same as cash!!! Calls to corporate office went unreturned!! Today TV (pitch 4 months ago) broke, and again store said it is paid up, no repairs to be attempted by them. Moral, unless you pay weekly/monthly using their extortion interest rates you are out of luck on warranty if the product breaks!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2017

My Whirlpool washer stopped working in August 2017, and was taken for repairs on 8/31/2017. After numerous inquiries the washer was returned on 11/4/2017. While the manager was taking the washer downstairs it fell damaging the wall and the washer. Today 12/22/2017 I was told the only washer they have to replace my washer is an old one because Rent A Center no longer carried the make washer I currently have. I make all payments on my washer/dryer and only have 3 remaining payment. The wall is still to be repaired. I asked if I can repair it and send them the invoice and they are still waiting on word from the regional manager. From now on I will save and purchase my items in cash. I just want my washer repaired or replaced. I should not be expected to take any old washer, my washer was new and in great condition.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Do not give Rent-A-Center your credit or debit card numbers. They were to take a payment of 129.00 and took 415. They are unethical. Told me I’d be refunded and get a callback. Still waiting for both. I’m not stopping here. I will now file a complaint with Texas states attorney.

Original review: Dec. 12, 2017

Went and rented a (65 inch) tv on 11/24/2017. Requested that it be in a box which it was. Put item in my wife's van for transport. Got it home and took it out of box and placed it on my bed to get it set for viewing. Then placed it in location for viewing, got it all hooked up, turned it on and noticed a big crack from the corner of the back LCD panel all the way down the screen so I put it back in the box. Then the next day took it back to RAC and took it inside and the mngr took it in the office, took it out of the box, checked it, then came out to the front register and said the crack looked like an impact hit. Pretty much saying I dropped it or I hit it with my fist. He then said they would have to send it off for service in KC.

So I waited a week, called them back and was told it was unfixable and they were out 800.00 dollars. Told me I would have to pay it. Told him he was nuts. I was renting this tv. I didn't own it. Then ask him if I was getting the 49.95 amount of money back on the tv. He said no that I lost the money. So this place seems to be crooked 'cause you get a tv for 800.00 and rent it to some sucker for 3614.09. Seems ridiculous to me. They're so greedy. As of Saturday the tv is still on my account. Was told can't be removed until the end of this month because it was on the Black Friday promotion. I would like my money back if possible. Some of us work hard for their money. But I'm sure not going to pay for something I never ever watched. Wish some agency could make them accountable for misleading people on the pricing and the products.

I am renting a dryer currently and like it but when I pay it off I would request that Rent-A-Center take my name off of the mailing list and lose my phone number 'cause I don't want no more of your overpriced crap. In the day people were professional and did business to please customer but this place is only worried about money don't get behind or have an emergency cause they don't care they will be coming to pick up your items. This establishment is a joke roping people off. I have lost count of how many tv's I have rented from them cause they all had something wrong with them. No quality products just used stuff that has been returned to them then rented to people then rerenting to people who don't know any better cause they can't afford to buy the item outright. They think we're all suckers. Well Rent-A-Center we're not. At least I'm not going to be.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2017

I went on a Saturday to get an Xbox S and I dealt with them 3 years prior and couldn't afford to make the payment then so I filled out the paperwork. They had it all online so I thought I was good to pay the money and walk out. They told me that they have to make a final validation and deliver it so I ask them when. They say Monday. Okay. I asked them to deliver it between 5 - 5:30 so Monday come. I'm patiently waiting and time is 5:54 so I called and asked. Said they running late so okay then. Calls back and that my application denied. This is after I made the agreement with them so if you get nasty or angry with them they take it personally and deny you. Go a different route. Don't deal with this unprofessional lousy company.

Rent-A-Center Company Information