1.58/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1059 Rent-A-Center Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

I recently rented a few items from Rent-A-Center and after a few months I started to get behind due to pay decrease this time of year right now. I drove in on Friday, December 15, 2018 and asked if I could pay for the washer and dryer since I had $200 on my card. I was told it is all or nothing for $310. I said, "I cannot do that much. Schedule the pickup and I will work on paying the debt off of $310 that month."

It became 6 pm Sunday night; everything sitting in my living room all day but no one called or showed up. I call them at 6:03 pm and they said they cannot do it, Monday now. No call, no nothing of a heads up, I stayed close to home that day and from 2-6 I made sure to be home and re-scheduled a few things. Monday comes by and I am back at work. I call them and get told they cannot pick up again, but, when can I pay the $190? I said “I was told Friday that it had to be $310 only is the minimum”. Then, I get told to stay on hold. Credit manager now on phone. He said I can pay the $190 now and keep it all or just the washer and dryer – I told him if he told me that Friday when I drove in to their store I would have paid the $190 and we would all be better off and caught up. But since I was told otherwise I paid another bill and the money gone.

Now they tell me another week I have to wait to have it picked up since they are too busy. This place has NO COMMUNICATION between customers or employees. Someone is always sick so they cannot help or something else happened. And when I come to explain my story for the month I get told all or nothing (yes going on 3 weeks due on a bi-weekly pay schedule for RAC). It is like a game there whether you call in or come in.

I am so frustrated and will NEVER go to RAC and will tell everyone and social media about my experience to help others from being in this trap. I really need a washer and dryer and that is why I drove it to communicate this and see what we could do to save it and use my $200 I had – but again, no - there was no option, probably because everyone out sick since she was the only one there and looked and sounded all stressed out on that 15th day in December of 2018.

What can RAC do to help this cluster of a mess? I know and took ownership of being the 3 weeks late now, but was ready and tried to work it out 3 days before. Now they cannot pick up and try to pressure me into keeping it all??? Where is the customer centric obsessiveness for customer service? It is like I am making their lives harder by walking into the store.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

Rent-A-Center is a blessing for people who don’t have good credit or a large amount of money to put down. The downside is you are paying triple what the item is worth. With the paperwork that they give I was able to look up the serial number to see how much my tv was worth. It sells online brand new for $900 and they were charging me almost $3000 for the tv if I didn’t pay it off within 90 days, on top of that the tv I got from them was used. People who don’t have good credit don’t need to be further ripped off if they’re already in a bad situation to begin with. So thanks but NO thanks.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

Don't ever purchase anything from Rent-A-Center on Hesters Crossing. My son got a used black leather living room set from them which smells really badly of cigarette smoke. They sent some guy to treat it twice, and both times, all he did was use something to mask the odor. Some guy name Jason has been giving us the runaround for the last 2 weeks. Every single time we call, we are told that he's out sick, had to leave for a manager's meeting, or had a family emergency. It's funny how once they get money from you, you no longer matter to them. I think I will just give them their stuff back, and advise any and everyone looking for furniture or whatever not to ever go them! They don't care about their customers, and everyone working there is fake, and a liar! I know Jason was there each and every time we called, but had everyone lying for him.

This place is a joke, and I will never deal with them again. Oh, don't forget, they will still take money out of your account even if the what you're are renting from them is defective, so buyer beware. Never give them your card number if you're smart. You'll be lied to saying they will compensate you by taking off a payment, but that's a lie and a lot of b.s.!!! Don't believe anything anyone tells you up there. There's also some other guys by the name of Phil and Mike who are just as bad as Jason. Bottom line, save your money and go somewhere where you will be treated like a customer; not like a problem. Never go to Rent-A-Center; you will live to regret it!!!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

I have purchased several items from Rent-A-Center but this surround sound is the worst. First off 3 parts of the speaker system is blown then it didn't come with a remote control. After several attempts to get one I gave up. Then the system started cutting off by itself. I never been unhappy about any of my products that I got there before but I'm really unhappy about this product. I will be returning it. It's a LG Blu-ray CD surround sound system.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2018

I purchased a washing machine from Huntingdon RAC, I made the first payment and when it was delivered he scratched the wall in my hallway firstly. Then the piece I needed to use it didn't fit, so I had to wait for them to get it. Before I got that piece I paid the used machine off which was stupid on my part. Wayne knocked 50$ off the price since I was complaining so much about laundromat prices. Got that piece it still wouldn't work. The mechanism keeps popping off. I saw that it would fit my shower hose and I finally was able to use it and wish I hadn't. IT'S BROKEN!!! THEY SAID IT JUST CAME FROM THE SERVICING DEPT. It made green slimy chunks all over my clothes. It stunk up my house. The drain hose was full of slime that got all over the shower when I drained the water. It didn't spin. THIS IS THE SECOND HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE I've had at RAC. I'm done.

The last one was a computer I paid off on a Friday and it fried the following Monday. I'm done. I want my money back from this washer. I refuse to wait for them to take it back and have it forever to do nothing and get it back still broken like my computer. RAC used to be a good place to purchase belongings. NO MORE. I was a good customer. NOT ONCE DID THEY HAVE TO TRACK ME DOWN TO PAY. I've bought entire households full of furniture from y'all, Your Huntingdon store needs emptied and all new employees. The last time you did that at that same store you hired worse people though. I want my money back or I'm going to the CFPB.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

Original review: Dec. 1, 2018

Well I just want to know are they allowed to turn off your power from the outside of your home and hop people fences. At night. In the driveway. Having the beeping noise on the truck going on and on for 20 minutes. Flashing light inside your windows. Ringing the doorbell and knocking abruptly.

Original review: Nov. 28, 2018

Ordered a TV online and was told they would contact us to finalize it. Never heard from them so we called them. We were told they didn't have the tv we wanted but I could get a comparable one. The "comparable" product was $120 extra per month, I said no thanks. I picked out another, and the price came out to $25 more than advertised. The employer said that it was because of "taxes", but I didn’t the math and it didn’t match up. the employee couldn’t explain the difference. Whatever, I'll pay the extra. But when it was all said and done they didn’t have that TV either. So I finally find one I want and get it ordered and scheduled for delivery. We wait all day on the scheduled day and come 4pm they haven’t shown up. I call to confirm and they assure me the TV is on the way. This is coming from the manager. I’m still waiting for my TV to show up and haven’t heard anything from the manager. Worst customer service ever.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

I called to inquire about beds and the lady I spoke to stated she would call me back in less than 5 minutes. 45-1 hour later, I called her and was on hold for 20+ min. She again said she'd call back within 5 min and promised at the latest, it would be before they closed at 7:30 pm. I haven't heard anything back from them so I called to cancel my request at 11:30 am. Don't promise something you can't follow through on. When I called this morning and guy answered and was very pleasant until I told him I wanted to cancel. Then he became short with me. Poor customer service overall. I will not consider going back or every recommending them to others.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2018

Rent-A-Center have been taking the money from my account since March 2018 for benefits plus and when it was time for me to file an unemployment claim they stalled me with filing the claim, then when they finally sent over the information they didn’t have record of my payments that they have been taking out of my bank account. I contacted customer service and asked if I can send my statements to their accounting department and was told no. I am disappointed. Their employees have been banging on my door, twisting my doorknob and leaving notes on my door. I am filing arbitration but it seems like I should be going through the attorney general's office.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2018

I rented a television and entertainment center from my local store. I was a week late with my payment. After several notes left on my door a RAC employee came and my stepdaughter answered the door. This woman tried to force her way into my house to search after my stepdaughter told her I was not home. Two or three days later my landlord called me and asked to come pick up rent. I wrapped it in a piece of paper and put it in a sealed envelope, then placed that into a zip up purse and hung that on my doorknob. To even see my door you have to go up 14 steps enclosed by a porch. While I was in the shower I heard a knock. Went to the door and saw the purse was gone then went to my window and seen a Rent-A-Center car pull away. This company STOLE $600 from my house and now I'm being evicted. This company is a SCAM... I am currently working with my state attorney general to sue this company.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2018

Rent-A-Center 915 Ellis Avenue Jackson, Mississippi 39209 - This store is where magic happens. Ms. Nicole **, Store Manager goes beyond the call of duty to make sure her customer's needs are met. I call her The Magician because she turns an impossible situation into a reality. Ms. ** is dedicated to meeting her customer's needs, with the dedication of loyal Staff, and a talented salesperson/manager Chelisa **, whom always waiting to greet the next customer while in the process of helping another.

Every retailer and their customers bump heads and have heated disputes, but at the end of the day, Ms. **, not taking it personally, goes on to ensure that her customers are satisfied, never letting her guard down and always has a smile. No matter what others has experience, my Rent-A-Center will always get five stars from me, because they have embraced me and my family. If I am upset about a product, Nicole will leave no table unturn until the situation is taken care of... Like I said she is 'The Magician', because she turns dust into magic, by making it happen, it's a 'Magical Experience'.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

We have shopped twice at the Crossville, TN RAC and both times have been excellent. We have dealt with Brandon and Brittani and both are extremely caring and willing to work with the customer to get the item they want. This was a short term rental while we vacationed at Fairfield Glade Resort and they took our order, we went in, completed the paperwork and our recliners were delivered right away that day. I am disabled and need the recliner to sleep so it is a real comfort to know that I can rely on Rent-A-Center to provide what I need. I cannot say enough great things about this location and their personnel. This team cannot be beat for customer service. This time, Brittani went above and beyond to help us after the nightmare we had in Monroe, Michigan in May. Thank you to the staff and owners of this location. Beats other locations HANDS DOWN!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I had wonderful customer service from managers Keith and Nydia at the University Boulevard store. They helped me out from a horrible experience from another store. I would highly recommend shopping at this location. I'm very happy with the great customer service I received from managers Keith and Nydia.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

When my dryer stopped working, I called Rent-A-Center to deliver me one. After install and used for a few weeks. Dryer wasn't drying the way it should. Called them. Asked to have repaired. They brought me out a loaner till mine got fixed. Well 6 weeks went by. I called them and asked when I would get my dryer back. Person that answered phone said, "Once we get them back, what you get is what you keep." I stated, "No. I am not. I am paying for a Maytag heavy duty dryer out of the box. Never used but by me. You delivered a loaner Amana to use till mine is fixed." I asked for manager of store, he tells me October 1st that Thursday of that week he will have me my dryer (Maytag) back to me. I waited till 11/9/2018. Called them to pick up the dryer that.

I will never use Rent-A-Center again. I was advised by assistant manager he will have picked up today (Saturday) but he was going to have area supervisor call me. Area supervisor rd, "I'd apologized from bottom of heart." Stated he was sorry that all this happened to me as I am one of the best customer they have had. He would do whatever I wanted him to do to stay with them. I said, "Just pick up dryer." Well today Saturday I get a reminder of my payment due. I became upset at this point cause not one of these men listened to what I said.

I purchased another dryer from Home Depot today. I found my Maytag for 548.00 and then I see the Amana I have for 348.00. Now just so everyone know I paid half of my Maytag dryer for the 800.00 they charged me for them to give me a loaner that has been used by other customers. If I could rate them lower than a 1 I would. I will never use Rent-A-Center again, I have used them for over 30 years and never been treated by any of them like I have been by the Rent-A-Center on Pensacola Blvd in Gonzalez Fl. Anthony the store assistant manager could not even do what he said he would do. Poor business and management.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I rented to buy a Nintendo Switch for my son 10 months ago. A month and a half after I finished paying it off it broke. I took it to them for service and after 3 weeks I had to call them to follow up and be told that it was out of their warranty and there's nothing they can do. Now I have to wait until they get the unit back and hope it's in time to get it repaired directly through Nintendo's one year warranty. Horrible customer service and I had to be on top of them to get an answer. Not to mention I paid TWICE as much as the unit was worth just to be told I was out of luck and not their responsibility. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM, TOTAL RIP OFF.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Do not order from them at all! They gave horrible customer service. I placed an order and was approved. A week later they were supposed to deliver and yet no one showed up with no call. I reached out to them and they gave me the runarounds. I already made my first initial payment as well as another payment since I planned to pay everything off early. I made the payment even when the furniture didn't arrive because I wanted to be on time with everything. When I called them, they asked me for information I already gave. I also signed my agreement. Why are they asking me for additional info? Shouldn't that have been discussed before I signed. They never call me to update me and I have to reach out to them multiple times. When I reach out I am on hold for a long time! It's just a horrible experience going back and forth with them and still not have my order delivered after I paid what I needed to plus more!

They kept giving me runarounds saying their truck was not working or they did not have someone to deliver. She even told me she did not have drills to put it furniture together! Are you serious. She even asked me to help her put stuff together when she arrives. Too bad they never arrived! They are unorganized and unprofessional. At first I read reviews and I thought it could not be that bad, but please listen and take heed of the reviews. They are accurate. Order from Aaron's if you are doing rent to own! They are very professional with much customer care and a positive attitude. If you can buy something upfront do that instead.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Two months ago, I became a customer of Rent-A-Center. Since that time, I have been reading the online reviews, and am astonished at the negative reviews that they are getting. There have been at least three times that my payment was due on Saturday, and I did not pay until Monday. Of course they called me on Saturday to remind me that my payment was due. I don't have any issue with that. Recently, I had an issue with my paycheck, and am almost a week late with my payment. I made arrangements to make my payment this Friday, along with the next week's payment as well. The person I talked to was very understanding and helpful. He didn't send guys around my house nor did they call my place of employment or go there to try and harass me.

I think that what some of you do not understand is that they are renting to people with horrible credit. I consider myself lucky to be able to get a living room set or an Xbox on credit. Am I paying double for the items? Absolutely but, had I made better financial decisions, I would not be in the position to need to rent from this place.

I truly believe if you keep in constant contact with them, and explain your situation that they do work with you. I mean once you are three days late with your payment, they charge you a late fee per item so, they end up getting more money out of you. I think they come and harass you or back the truck into your drive to get their items when you ignore their phone calls and requests for payment. It's just like a car payment. If you ignore the bank or the finance company, they will end up sending the repo man.

As far as people saying that have gotten broken items or things that don't work, why when you contacted them, did you not say that you want a not previously rented item? I think it's definitely a risk to get a used bed or couch. Not everyone is as clean as you may be. They could have had bed bugs or roaches. How would Rent-A-Center know if the person has bugs? That being said, I am renting a used tv because it was way cheaper in the long run to rent a previously rented item. I have had no issues with it. No way in hell I would rent a used bed for my kids.

I think before you blame the company for their collection tactics that you take a look at yourself and how you are to them. Do you avoid their phone calls? Do you hide when they come to your house? If so, it's time to return the items and get them back when you have the money. They have that thing where you can return an item if you can't make the payment, and get it back and continue paying where you left off.

Original review: Oct. 24, 2018

I wished that we researched this place before getting into business with them. Rent-A-Center in Pennsylvania Ave in Brooklyn. We already put 600 dollars down and we were late for ten days. The guy decided to come and take the tv. There was no one home but my 13 years old. He told her to open the door for him because her father sent him to get the tv. That was unprofessional and very disrespectful, when my daughter said she’s a minor and can’t open the door without an adult present. He kept on banging the door hard. My daughter called my husband and explained the situation to him. She was afraid. This is a bad place to deal with. They just disrespectful and don’t care. I would never do business with them or let anyone I know do so.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

In the beginning the experience was great. However, after a few months it went downhill. If you are even a day late on your payment they are calling 4 and 5 times a day. Then they resort to coming to your house and leaving a note on your door. When you call to make a payment they’re rude and unprofessional. No “thank you for your business” no nothing. The “manager” just hung up on me after telling me my payment was approved. I think they all need to calm down and take a class on business practices and customer service. It’s freaking used furniture for crying out loud! Even the bank gives you a 10 day grace period for your car payment. I’ll just be glad when this crap is paid off and I never have to deal with this staff again! My advice, if you want to rent to own or finance with crappy credit, go to rooms to go! I wish I would have!

Original review: Oct. 11, 2018

RENT A CENTER IN LAKE ELSINORE, CA. Wow, this place is horrible, a friend of mine mentioned that people are great, somehow I have to verify who is he referring to. I called. Spoke to a lady, very nice, asked to come in and see and choose. Then I came in and eventually spoke to this guy. He said his name is "Jeff", saw a picture on the wall. He's the manager. I was like wow then that's great I get to meet the manager. To my dismay, he is ALL CAPS, "LOUD, ARROGANT, TOO CONFIDENT, RUDE, NO COMPASSION TO HIS CUSTOMERS. He talks like he's all that, like he owns the whole damn rent a place in the whole city"!!! Noticed he just wants to close a deal fast and owns you, so I refused. I feel so bad to my friend, going to let him know to try and pay off what he owes and never go back. I'm thinking my friend probably been speaking to the staff who covers their bosses attitude so that no one notices.

He probably hardly met the DISTRICT MANAGER "JEFF", since my friend pays online, I WILL GO TO WEBSITE LOOK FOR THAT JEFF PICTURE AND SHOW IT TO MY FRIEND. Going to look how to get him FIRED. I Don't care if he has a family to feed, he doesn't deserve the job, please this ugly **, a waste of my drive and time. I was just being nice to even give it a star, seriously their manager do not need a star. He needs to disappear, his staff that "lady - Ingrid" should be manager. She deserves 5 stars. Better yet, get fired, Jeff you call yourself a manager or the manager, not right for you, you are the worst. I will do in my power to get you fired.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

Updated on 10/22/2018: These people are terrible. They pulled up at my house without me knowing that they were even coming. I was told that they would call before they came. The guy from the store calls my cellphone and says "my guys are at your door to pick up the merchandise." I explained to him that I'm not home and they should've called like how they say they were. His response "well you're gonna have to make a payment today" that leaded into an argument. He then told me I was lying about not being home. I told him that I have death in the family and had to leave with my parents. His response "I don't care anything about that. Either you make a payment or have somebody to meet us." Anyways long story short I CALLED CORPORATE! Waiting on someone to call me back. Should be by this week. The guy needs to be fired for bad customer service. I'm surprised this company is still running due to all the bad customer service.

Original Review: I got an item from these guys a few weeks ago. Payments made on time every single week with no problem. We had a very bad storm here so I got behind on some of my bills... so the guy calls me and ask for my payment. I told him that I need more time to get caught up with everything because of the bad storm (which they knew about). He goes to say, "Well that'll be double payment next week and a late fee!!!" I asked if he could take the late fee off. Of course he say "no" so then of course they called me the next week asking for those two payments. I told him I still didn't have it.

I just needed a few more days (literally only needed 2 days). He placed his manager on the phone and he straight up told me "No" with no problem then he threatened to come pick it up... told me I had to make those two payments or else. They say they'll work with you but it's definitely a lie. THEY DON'T CARE!! I've heard bad things about these people but I like to see things for myself!! Never again. They definitely lost a loyal customer.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

Lenox Ave, New York - My daughter got some bunk bed for her boys, a week passed and we noticed that her 3 year old woke up with bites all over his body. At first we thought they were mosquito bites, but he kept getting more and more. Finally I decided to check the beds, they were full of bed bugs. We got a lot of pictures and called RAC to get those beds out of the house, they did but now they do not want to do anything about it. A Terminix guy went and checked and he said they were full blown bed bugs. We have been trying to get a hold of the company the main company and they have not got back to us. Don't buy anything from them. They do not clean the furniture when people send it back. We are getting an attorney.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

I BOUGHT SOMETHING FROM THEM AND IT DIDNT FIT THE DESCRIPTION AND HAVE ALL THE PARTS I WAS TOLD IT WOULD HAVE. I didn't find out until they put it in my house. They said they would order it and every time I asked about it, they just said "We don't know." When I am behind on payments even though I call ahead and communicate, they waste no time harassing me. They claim they can work with me but they don't. All they are doing is pissing people off so they want to return their junk. If they were more honest and actually did what they say, I would finish paying it and keep it but now they can take it back and I'll never do business with them again!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I am NOT and NEVER have been a customer at RAC. They harass me all the time. Some days they call 2 times, sometimes they call every hour and other days they call every 15 minutes! What can I do and why are they allowed to do this when I myself am not their customer?

Original review: July 26, 2018

If you are late with one payment they continued call, come to your house, knock hard on the front door then the back door and leave notes to take out charges on you. I have been a dealing with them for 3 years and have been up on my payments but don't let them receive one payment and the start the harassment. 3 people come for a 49 inch TV. One lady and two big ** men. Like they her bodyguards. This kind of treatment needs to stop and something needs to be done about. And when you tell them to leave they continue to stay. Especially the little lady. This happened at Rent-A-Center in Fayetteville NC the one on Ramsey St. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone and if someone had of told me this I would never have used them. Aaron's is a much better rent to own company to rent from in my opinion. Please give me some advice. Thank you!!

Original review: July 24, 2018

Do not ever rent from Rent-A-Center. They don't work with You cause I had a tv from them and they didnt want to work out payments and they call you a lot of times. I wouldn't recommend. They're really mean. They need to close down. Go to Aaron's. They're a lot nicer and excellent people.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I do not have a Rent-A-Center account. My former friend who I no longer speak with took a TV under his name using my address stating he was living there. Rent-A-Center left a note on my door. When I called they threatened to take the Sheriffs and cops to my address to go in my apartment and look for the merchandise. I told them he didn't live with me and how could they let someone take merchandise without verifying the address. I honestly do not have contact with this person. I have to go get a copy of my lease according to the Rent-A-Center manager and take it to him. I am also filing a police report about this because this is bogus. The account is not under my name or social security number so why harass me? I suffer from PTSD Fibromyalgia and also anxiety. I do not need to be going through this. I just might hire an attorney.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I just filed criminal trespassing charges against them today with the sheriff's office. Don't buy from here. They do not stand behind their word. They'll call you 10 times starting at 8am on your due date. I received 6 calls from 9a to 3p on due date even after telling 2 different people I'd be in later. Bunch of scammers and con artists. They'll threaten to come pickup item on due date if don't come in that day to pay. Even if tell them you can't make it that day and will be in on whatever day they'll blow your phone up everyday to harass you. Worst customer service. They have limited inventory. I don't see place staying open after talking to about 20 other people with bad experience from this location. Word is getting around about them. Just read other reviews and you will see for yourself. I even have in writing my payment due on Monday and they harassing me on Saturday for payment.

Original review: June 28, 2018

I went to Rent-A-Center to get a washer to rent to own. I was having such rough time. I miss my second payment with them. I ask them if I could catch everything up on the following pay week I was told no. I was informed that I was schedule for a pickup. I ask, "What do you mean. I only missed one payment and you are wanting to come get my washer. Really you got to be kidding me." The associate saids, "Yes we can come get it hold it for you until you get paid then bring it back to you when you make a payment." I told them that didn't make any sense. I ask, "Why don't you just let me keep it. I will catch the payment up make two in one." I was told no.

So the more I thought about it I call the corporate office about the issue. They gave it to the district manager. He call me told me the same thing. I told them, "If is how you do your customers then it's not good customer service." I was not trying to get out making a payment. I just needed another week to get caught up. I will never ever do business with them again. They are a rip off from the get go.

Original review: June 28, 2018

My husband and I purchased a portable washer and dryer from Rent-A-Center in Milford N.H. For the first couple weeks they were great, very accommodating to us and our needs. Then they started calling non stop on the day our bill was due just to ask how we planned on paying our bill. Now we had never been late with any payments. We asked over and over again that they not call on Saturdays. My husband works and they interrupt him at work for BS. They didn't listen. They kept calling. Then we had a family emergency so we didn't get our payment in on time. They called twice a day every day and filled our voicemails on both of our phones.

I tried to go into the app on that Thursday and pay the previous bill and there was an added payment due to the account. I called when we were back home to make the past due payment because you can't separate the payments online. He says to me "I'll be happy to take your payment that will be $44.98!" Our bill was $35.98 but for my convenience for him doing over the phone there's a $5.99 fee and another $3 fee for something else. I lost it and told him he was out of his mind and I was NOT paying an extra almost $10 for him to process my payment over the phone. Then I called and spoke to Eric who is I guess supposed to be the manager and he lies to me telling me he doesn't understand why they're calling since we're on the do not call list.

This is the kicker to his statement, it was Eric that called 8 out of 10 times! But he doesn't know why they're calling. So finally I told him we were done with them and we're bringing them back and he says "Oh no, we're not going to do that." I said "Yes we are because we're done being treated like crap by your staff!" He kept yelling over me when I was trying to tell him we were returning it so I said "Ok we're done. Goodbye". We returned them and will NEVER do business there again.

Rent-A-Center Company Information