Rent-A-Center

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I bought a dishwasher from the Yuba City California store. It worked ok for about a month. My first mistake was buying from them in the first place! I then called them to tell them about the problem of it breaking down. To their credit they did bring me a loaner and took mine to "fix" it. When they brought it back to me they didn't even look at it! I called them again and the same thing happened two more times! To top it all off I don't have a dishwasher, I'm out that money and I HAVE COCKROACHES! They wouldn't take responsibility for the dishwasher or the COCKROACHES! Save your money and go somewhere else! Or you will not only have a bad appliance but COCKROACHES to contend with!

I have rented a bedroom twice from Rent-A-Center in Fredericksburg VA. They are some of the worst people I have ever dealt with. They refuse to work with you and if you want to change your pay date you have to pay extra. I have never experienced such horrible customer service. They got mad because I was not answering the phone when I was SLEEPING, THEN HAD the NERVE to COME to my HOUSE and DEMAND PAYMENT when I was HOME and JUST got out of bed.

I am giving them back the furniture and WILL NEVER EVER RENT from THEM AGAIN. I have never been so embarrassed and scolded like a child because I did not answer my phone because I was sleeping. Rent-A-Center in Fredericksburg - do not ever rent from them. They are rude, and make you feel embarrassed when you do not answer the phone.

I recently went into the store to see if I could get a computer. I tried those other rental places and I felt pushed to a product I did not want. As I entered the store I was greet by Shane. He was very polite, gave me his name and asked for mine. What I loved the most Shane asked me what I was looking for and asked my budget which I thought was awesome. I was at 3 other stores earlier that day including Aaron's and they were very pushy and the way I was greeted by Shane was awesome and had a great smile, dressed very well. He was very knowledgeable and showed me what I was looking for and price. He explained that the items at their store have a worry free guarantee and after we talked he asked if the computer would be the best fit for my needs. I did the process to do rental of it.

The one thing I did see he did call and talk with my boss and my landlord right there and my mom in Wyoming even know I brought proof of my job and where I lived. I asked why, Shane explained that to finish the process before I could leave with it he had to make sure all was verified in case needed updated numbers he could get in touch with. After all was ready to go we sat down talked about extra benefits and coverages of the items they offered which was awesome. He explained the payments and went over my paydays made payment went thru paperwork and left happy.

But when I got home it was close to 730 and I could not get my computer online. I called and explained I just bought it. Asked for Shane, he said the store just closed but was almost finished up and asked when would be ok to stop by and get it going. I asked if tonight would be ok on his way home to get it going. He stopped by and got it working. Showed me how to hooked it up correctly for future use. He left me his card and said if there was anything else I needed the store would be opening tomorrow at 10am. I would recommend Rent-A-Center to anyone needing computers...

I Ciera ** just wanted to take time out to let you know that your 216 High St. store in Pottstown PA 19464 are GREAT!!! **, and her people are very nice. They go out of their way to do everything they can for their customers!!! My family had a lot of trouble with this store in the past, but we decided to give them another chance and I am glad we did. We started back again with them in January 15th 2016 getting 2 desktops and paid them off in no time. Then we gotten 2 Alienware laptops paid them off right after the desktops.

Now we have 1 Xbox ones and a washer that we are currently paying them off now. We also have a family member paying on a xbox one also. My husband and I cannot buy our kids stuff by just going out and buy our children stuff like computers etc. but with a place like Rent A Center we can. THANK GOD for places like yours around!! But anyway I just want to let you know that it's not the company that is great it is the employees and you picked the right people to work there. Do not change anything with this store!!! These women and men that work there are GREAT!!! THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH.

RAC Acceptance NOW is an organization that is extremely crooked and to put it honestly they are thieves. What are the laws that protect stupid customers, such as myself? We purchased a washer and dryer set and a television from our local furniture store with a RAC Acceptance NOW company inside. We have continued to pay on the items thinking we would pay it off early. Well here we are 2.5 years later and 3900.00 paid. We have requested that we be paid off as we have now paid 3 times what the merchandise is worth, 3 times what it would cost if we were to walk in to a store and pay for the exact same items brand new today. We have priced the exact washer and dryer set and television, actually a better one, and the price would be $1200.00 to 1300.00, give or take sales tax. What can we do? We feel like we have paid our dues to this company who is unwilling to help us.

The washer and dryer now do not work like they did when we first purchased them, as a matter of fact the washer has caused rips and tears in some of our towels. The television's picture quality comes and goes as well. All the company has said is they can send the television out to see if it needs repairs, leaving us without one and they also said they could possibly send someone out to check on the washer and dryer. All we want to know is, is there a cap on Rent-A-Center items and is there a 'reasonable' cost for such items? Paying 5,000 dollars is ridiculous and we understand that but do we have an argument? Thank you.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

I have had a Rent-A-Center account for 6 or more years. Always did business with the El Cajon location but I now live in Chula Vista so I went to Chula Vista one to get a tv. And could not believe the crappy service. They told me they had to check my references again and has no time till Wednesday. WHAT. Makes no sense to recheck and I have bought a tv, 3 laptops, 2 sets of washers and dryers, ps3, sound systems and an entertainment center. REALLY think I am good to go. Even tried to go back again for more of the run around bs. This location is the worst service I have ever seen. I am a general manager and I have a 4 stars on Yelp. This place makes me not ever want to use Rent-A-Center ever again. Not how to make a profit. Sorry Rent-A-Center lost a customer.

Folks, please read and review all of this review prior to using "Rent-A-Center" better known as "Rip-Off-Center". "Rent-A-Center" is all nice and welcoming at first but become late paying them you will regret you ever entered a business relationship with them. Last year I suffered 2 surgeries and it cost me a significant amount of money even after my health insurance policies paid their share. When I came from the hospital and the rehab centers I had to take a long absence from work (3 months) as I was unable to go back to my office to work. My company informed me take as long as you need and return to work when you are all better and I was relieved to hear that.

During the time I was hospitalized my bills got behind and my credit took a big hit and I did have a very good credit score before I became sick. But after not paying my monthly bills on time for months my credit score got so low I could not buy a bicycle or a postage stamp on time so there was no way I could finance anything on time. I really wanted to get a new computer and a new 4K HDTV however I did not have the resources to purchase them. I had a family gathering at my house as many relatives, friends and family came over to see me and see how I was doing.

During conversation one of my friends had mentioned he was in the same type of situation before and he found out how he could purchase items like TV's, furniture and all types of monthly items on time and it did not matter how good or bad your credit was. I said to him, "Are you serious? Where may I ask did you do this?" He replied, "Rent-A-Center" as they are the best and all I had to do was fill out an application, show my driver’s license, make the first monthly payment on what I wanted to buy and provide 3 verifiable references with phone numbers and addresses and I had all my stuff in a few days". It sounded really good and this was for sure something for me in my current situation, however I should have never listened to what I call him now, "A Walking-Talking Rectum" as he was so full of crap... that his eyes were brown.

I went online to "Rent-A-Center" and everything he said checked out and I completed the application and I was approved for a new computer, new 65 inch 4K HDTV and the TV stand to go with it for $186.99 a month for 18 months and after I pay everything for the full 18 months everything I own. A few hours later someone from "Rent-A-Center" called me and asked me what time can I come down to the store to complete everything and I told him tomorrow afternoon. He said fine and we will see you then. I went down the next day and signed and completed everything and 2 days later they delivered and set up everything for me and they seemed like really nice people to do business with and I was glad. For the first 6 months I paid my monthly payments on time without any problems or issues however the next month I forgot and overlooked the monthly payment to them and I simply forgot and did not realize I was late on the payment.

One night about 6:00 pm I hear someone banging on my front door so loud I thought someone was hitting it with a baseball bat and I opened the door and there is the 400 pound guy standing there with a clipboard and his "Rent-A-Center" shirt on and I asked, "What do you want and who might you be and if you did any damage to my door you will paying for it you got it...?" He says to me, "I am from Rent-A-Center and you are late on your monthly payment and I am here to take all your items back". I replied, "I am sorry however I forgot to make the payment and don't you people believe in making a phone call to the customer first to inform them that their monthly payment is overdue...?" He replied, "Sometimes we do and sometimes we don't, however I need to take back all your items immediately".

I replied, "Well I got news for you as you are not taking anything back and if you do not leave and get off my property you are going to be very sorry...!" He replied, "You need to give me all your items now or I will have to come into your house and take them all myself". I replied, "You go right ahead and attempt that as I want you to do that...!" He replied, "No problem as after I leave here I am going to contact law enforcement and file charges against you". I replied, "Go right ahead and I will wait for them to arrive" and he replied, "Sure thing and have a good night and as well go ** yourself...".

I immediately called the store and demanded to speak to the manager and he came on and I explained the situation and he said, "Yes our guy was there to pick up all your items as you are late on your monthly payment and if you do not surrender the items we will file charges against you". I was so angry, mad and upset I told him, "You know what have someone come out tomorrow afternoon and take all your items back as I would never do any type of business with you or your lousy outfit ever again...".

The next day some other guy came and I told him at the door, "Listen and listen up good you got 5 minutes to take your items out of my house and get off my property and not a second more...!". He knew I was serious and within 5 minutes he took everything and got in his van and was going down the street. I called the store and asked for the manager and when I got him on the phone I said, "You got all your items back and your ** will suck wind for the rest of the payments on all those items and if you or anyone else from your company every comes here again or on my property I will call law enforcement and press charges of trespassing on my private property...! And I hung up.

The next day I contacted my State Attorney General’s office and I filed multiple complaints against "Rip-Off-Center" and I am waiting to hear back from them on it. As I stated from the beginning of this review DO NOT USE OR CONDUCT ANY BUSINESS WITH "Rent-A-Center" as if your monthly payment gets behind they will try to "** you 6 ways from Sunday" any way they can. To add here I know a few other people who have rented from another lousy outfit called "Aaron's" and they are no better than "Rent-A-Center" as all they told me was nightmare stories as well. Best of luck to all of you out there...!

So, here's a complaint on the Rent-A-Center in Fruitland, MD. I'm usually not one to complain (my husband and I have been renting a couch set from this Rent-A-Center for months, no issue), but the experience we had today was pretty awful. First of all, Rent-A-Center was supposed to be dropping off a TV stand for us between 12 pm- 2 pm. They called at 2 pm to say that they would be late. Okay, that's fine. So, I put my dog in his kennel (he doesn't like strangers in the house until he gets to "greet" them, but I didn't want him to get in their way while they tried to deliver our TV stand). My dog is a very vocal dog, but wouldn't hurt a fly. He barks, but doesn't growl. He doesn't like to be kenneled when people come over, but the only fix for that is letting him greet the people coming in- which again, I didn't want him to get in their way, so I kenneled him to avoid all of that.

Fast forward to when Rent-A-Center (finally) showed up. Store Associate Ronald was the one helping me fill sign my papers. He continuously asked, "Is your dog put up?" I responded that yes, he was put up. He was secure, in his kennel, and all he could do was bark. Then, Ronald seemed to think it was okay for him and his associate to repeatedly state that he "sounds vicious." Excuse me, but in what world is it okay to say such a thing in your customer's presence? My dog is NOT vicious. He was barking because he wanted to come out and be in their way while they delivered the TV stand. That's how my dog is. He wants to be in the middle of everything.

Then, Ronald seemed to think it was appropriate to ask me if my apartment was cheap to rent. What kind of question is that? Had he and his co-worker not called my dog "vicious," I may have been able to look past that fact. But the entire ordeal was unprofessional. To top it all off, the TV stand (which is used- again, totally fine- I knew that beforehand) was incredibly dirty on the bottom shelf. It looked like some kind of wax had melted over it. Again, it's used- I don't expect perfection. But maybe wipe your used items down before delivering them? All in all, horrible experience.

I give you guys 0 Stars. You've been the worst Rent-A-Center that I've ever dealt with. The new manager in Union Beach is like the worst. I'm surprised the store hasn't even close. They must be hurting for money. They're so bad it's not funny because they started with the harassing phone calls on Saturday morning (payment ain't even due yet) before I even had chance to get out of bed and they kept it up all freaking day. Took up my whole machine so I waited till the end of the night and make the payment. They are hurting for money so bad they have to keep harassing people for when my use ** can come to my house Monday and pick your ** up and get it the ** out of my house because I'm going somewhere else use **.

We have rented from rent a center quite a bit. Few glitches here and there. But when the big issue came up to fix some faulty furniture they have done nothing but give us the runaround. 3 months waiting to have a faulty bed frame fixed and faulty dining chairs. We have paid it in full and have continued the parts plus service to have the items covered. They never give you the same answer twice. We ordered the parts. They will be in on Thursday. Wait and wait and surprise. 10 days after that still not in. Meanwhile I have an entire bed frame/headboard and footboard sitting against my bedroom wall. I have small children. It is not a safe solution rack to leave this like this. When someone gets hurt will you cover that? Probably not. Can't get you to cover the stuff and service I pay for. Never again!! Worry free?? Not for the customer anyways.

I have been dealing with these folks for nearly two years and have mostly been pretty flawless. As of May 2017, I experienced an unexpected career change. This messed up my payment schedule for a couple of weeks and, honestly, money was tight. My mother and I agreed to go half in on some furniture that was needed for our living room. My mom stopped giving me money and made my situation worse. But, I still managed to make payments. I fell behind by a week and agreed to pay on SATURDAY because those are my due dates. I told the man (Jay) on the phone I would be in on Saturday - even had him read the info back to me. I hung up thinking it had been squared away.

Friday rolls around and I get four calls (no voicemails) from an unknown number - something I brought to the manager's attention with no resolution. (Don't call me from an unknown number and expect a response. You won't get it.) I called them, realizing this may have been them and I'm accused of making another late payment. I politely explained I would be in on Saturday as scheduled. Store manager says, "Nope, you're due today." I explained AGAIN that my payments are always due Saturday. He shoots back with, "Well, then you're seven days late. Six days late is better for us." Miss me with that, I don't really care what's better for YOU, considering I'm the one who had to make the arrangement.

He eventually gave in and moved the date to Saturday like it should have been all along, but he proceeds to grill me on my pay schedule (which was explained to him three times.) I understand they want their money, but the fact I've been a loyal customer almost two years apparently has no impact on them. This is my first time EVER being late and I honor my commitments.

I have had a wonderful experience with the Rent A Center in Morehead KY. They have the utmost respect for their customers. They go out of their way to do anything they can to help you. I would refer my friends and family to them because of how they treated me since I have been a customer.

I rented a 49 inch TV from RAC. First... They didn't deliver it in the day they said they would, called me 4 days later to reschedule. Then I get the TV, and miss one day and they're calling and threatening to take the TV AFTER ONE DAY. So I make my payment. Next month rolls around. THE DAY of my payment they tell me if I don't immediately pay over the phone they're coming to get it. I find out they charged my card TWO times, which I went ahead and said okay, it'll keep me paid up. So all of a sudden they start calling me again, I told them to come pick the TV up. When they were here trying to get the TV, they would stay for about an hour just yelling and banging on the door.

Rent-A-Center in on High Street, Pottstown 19464 trying to use people that have low income. They are coming to job saying nasty thing like you got put out your apartment, are your car was repo you can't pay rent, you fat, you **, you have big nose, are you way far behind on payment when it alone a day later. They come to home, wait outside, sit in truck, follow you to gas station, McDonald's, subway, Giant Supermarket, doctor office. They try to follow use in traffic with kids like the cops or repo man for one day late. They bring your furniture to home damages, mark brokering wood, say they would fix it. They been say stuff new when it's used. They just put some paper over it. They why the bed bugs are happen. They have former worker that from Aaron's Store then they work for Rent-A-Center. Are you seen them where you live or at your kid's school or other place? Then when they come for you it real easy for you to get that **. You know where they be fool.

They call my this week. The new manager Michelle call 30 in one week saying she going to tuck us up. She sick of us for one day late, now a week late. She taking us to court three week. We going to jail. She going to shoot us and my wife is disabled, and her father is about to pass away. When we was later I would pay them two week or three payment and they keep changing people payoff amount so get more money when it been paid off. A new mattress would not pop and crack when you sit down, up, get up or try make love to wife.

This some bull Pottstown, PA. Have some bull with them for anyone that is near of a payoff with them. Stop taking their calls. Make no more payment to they stop all harassment. If they do then go to a different store, make back payment or pay online, if I was you. See what they gone to do. See if they take you court. Call cops so you can fight for rights. It's time to fight back. No court will take their case... huge don't like them courts. Not they best friends. Laughing cops won't help them. P.S. Don't give them your real address or family number or your real job.

The Rent A Center on Glenwood in Raleigh NC has to be the worst yet. I never will go back there nor refer anyone to them. Have been a loyal customer for some time now. Even went back... But after today I will never ever go to them again. This was my first time being late. Was going to pay this payment as well as late fee as well as the next payment to keep me on track because I'm almost done paying my furniture off. When I explained to them my situation they had no remorse.

Mind you I have been a very loyal customer for some time now. They gave me no option other than picking the furniture up until a payment was made. So I then told them to keep it because you can clearly see no matter how long you been a customer with them or if you made every payment on time... They don't Care about anything... But that's water under the bridge now. I know to go to Aarons the next time I want to rent anything or just buy it right then and there because this all was very uncalled for and my money nor business will never be a Rent A Center again. Do NOT GO THERE. MANAGER NAME IS LEO.

So I seen their advertisement for the Samsung phone. I thought it was decent and I needed a phone so win-win (so I thought). I had the phone for a few months. When I turned my phone back on one day the phone wouldn't let me in. And this wasn't a forgotten password on my end either. So I figure it's a Samsung phone, I'll call the manufacturer, they'll walk me through resetting it. So I do that. Samsung workers tell me that they don't make that phone; say they have never heard of it. Now why would Rent-A-Center be selling knockoff smartphones with the Samsung brand on it and think no one would know? Another thing, it's funny how they have no problem taking your hard earned dollars but when it's their fault they think a store credit will do justice. Not cool.

I went to Rent-A-Center in Dublin, GA on April 28, 2017 and paid $40 down for a queen bed set with the rails and they promise to have it delivered to me on April 29, 2017 between 1-3 p.m. So 3:15 p.m. came they hadn't showed up yet so I called them and the man name Tony answered the phone and said they where in Ridgewood trailer park. They will be to my home by 4:15 p.m. I said okay. Next, 4:15 p.m came still no show. I called them again and Tray answered the phone and told me that he had to go and find some boats from Home Depot and they will be to my home by 5:15 p.m, which they close at 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays. So final 5:15 p.m. comes Rent-A-Center still hadn't showed up. I called them one final time and they tell me they have to find the truck they will be to my home by 5:40 p.m. So 5:40 p.m. comes still no Rent-A-Center has showed up.

I called them one more time and they tell me they are loading up the truck now and are on their way to our house so 6:00 comes, 7:00 comes no Rent-A-Center so I get in my car and drive to Rent-A-Center on Veterans Blvd. and the ** are closed. I would recommend no one no dealing with Rent-A-Centers especially in Dublin, GA. Yes I am pissed off bad because no one gets my money and don't give me what I have paid for. It doesn't work that way. I am going to call them Monday morning May 1, 2017 and tell them they have 3 choices. Bring me my damn bed, give me my money back, or I will take a civil action out on them. The people at this Rent-A-Center is full of **. If I hadn't made a payment they would have been to my house.

This was the 2nd time I had deal with them. I paid for a air condition from them, but I had a tablet from them in the past and only missed 1 payment of $20 and I told them I would bring them the money by 6 p.m. and they was to my house within the next 15 mins and I gave them the tablet back because you don't run me down for $20 little damn dollars and when I need services you put me off. So I went to Walmart in Dublin, GA and buy me a 7 inch tablet for $63 cash and it works better than Rent-A-Center's did. Stay away from RENT-A-CENTER IN DUBLIN, GEORGIA. THEY ARE CROOKS! TAKE MY THOUGHTS. IF YOU GO TO THEM YOU WILL REGRET IT!

I first started shopping at Rent-A-Center in August 2016. From that time I got items that I needed for my apartment. Well first a tv. I had a great experience, but then I started getting stuff for my apartment that we actually needed like a bedroom set and a couch so we can have people over. Well my paydays were every other week, which started adding up to a lot. They told me that they can bundle things where you will be paying longer, but it will be in a comfortable price range. So it dropped from 576 to 320 every 2 weeks.

Well recent I went in there and there was a new manager, very rude by the way, didn't care, about anything just likes taking your money. He's met me before from the other manager, and was nice before but this time very disrespectful. He told me that the other manager will no longer be working here and I have to pay the 576. I looked at him and told him "y'all fitted a plan that will work with me and now you don't want to work with me." Then he said the person working on my account was a sketchy person and I told him that "if that was going on behind the scenes then y'all should of been watching. You don't take it out on the customers."

Well I had them pick up our bedroom set and living room set and then 3 days ago I told them I didn't want the tv because I should be pay 240 for a tv and a PS4 every 2 weeks when I still owe 2500 on the tv and 788 on the PS4. I'm frustrated, because the way they treated me and on top of that said it was my fault. The customer is always right and if you've never worked with me before don't blame me because I've always paid my stuff on time. So they never came to get the tv like they said. It's been 2 days now and if something happens to it it's their fault not mine cause they still haven't came for it.

I got a washing machine from a Rent A Center in Amarillo TX. The first one I got I had to send it back several times cause it stopped working. After the 3rd or 4th time sending it back I decided to switch it out thinking I just got a bad washer. So the new washer is not working after the 3rd or 4th time sending it in. I'm getting really frustrated that I'm paying all this money on washing machines that do not work correctly. They never tell me what's wrong with it. They just bring it back. It works for a few weeks and it's out again... On a good note the employees at this Rent A Center are awesome and very friendly.

After hurricane Mathew hit and I lost all my furnishings my funds were limited to refurnish my new apartment. I scanned the yard sale post for items and was pleased to see Rent A Center selling 32 inch T.V.'s for 100 cash. The manager Chad had 4 up for sell and when I arrived was pleased to get one.That was Dec 12th. I have receipt. Worked great for a month and a half and woke up one day to find huge white line going up middle of T.V. so I call store only to be told. "I don't know what to tell you and I can't do anything for you" so I had to swallow the loss of $100 after the loss of my belongings?? Really sucks this guys allowed to do side deals pocket money and screw you when it's worthless. So upset. That was our only T.V. I'm retired, disabled and on a tight budget. I've used Rent A Center many times back in the day, now they're just ripping people off with repoed stuff and pocketing cash. Shame on them.

I paid this item less than a month. The first when they brought me was it used when it had a big dent which did not bother me had it worked. It did not work so they brought me a new one and it worked fine the first week and I want to use the next day and then it started making a funny noise. Also in the meantime we found that the wheel was broke on the washer that they had brought me which was used and not just the real but the whole bracket that holds it on. Well that was another trip so now that we're having an issue now they tell me that they are not going to service this item and that they would refund my first month's rent if I return it. Get them to pick it up by the 3rd.

However the list that I sign says that I had 30 months of payments and that they are responsible for all service related matters and yet now they're not going to honor their contract. This happened at the Quincy Illinois store. The manager says we're not honoring the contract because we're losing money on the deal. It's not my fault their junk breaks down.

A Horrible Place to do business with. My soon to be ex-husband choose to rent a T.V. from this particular Rent-A-Center, and after about a year or so we are going thru a divorce and he lives about 4 hours away and took that t.v. with him. I did not sign any loan documents for this t.v. so I am not a co-buyer. I guess my husband has not made a payment on it in 2 months. Well they keep coming to my house and I understand because this is the last address that was on the loan documents.

So Yesterday I was at an appt. and 2 delivery drivers at my door beating, not knocking, but beating my door for an hour according to my neighbor. They were beating on my door so hard that she could hear it in her house across the street. I had a crack in my door about 3 ft. long when I moved in but after yesterday the door split along that crack. I call them and told them again that my husband does not live here and I am going to press charges for property damage and the manager told me that my ex still lives there and they seen him leaving that morning and that was not true because he had not been in this house for over a month and the car they described is my car. Then he proceeded to argue with me and threaten to bring the police over to get his merchandise, so he pretty much called me a liar and told me he was watching my house and he does not cared if 2 men were at my door beating on it like they were trying to come in to hurt somebody.

Then he lied and said that I was a co-buyer on the contract (not True) and I need to give him his stuff back. So I waited for them to return with the police as he promised and nobody showed up. I called the police department to see what I can do about my door, and I was told that I could not press charges for the door because it already was cracked and it would be pretty hard to prove that they damaged the door. These people are not even smart enough to know that you could receive business by word of mouth and I will be sure to tell anybody who will listen to not purchase anything from rent a center on E. Galbraith rd. Cincinnati, Ohio and because they made such a big production yesterday at my house I am sure that word would be spread by them too. If you live in this area do yourself a favor do not come in contact with this store or the manager his name is **.

The store #529 located at @ 4450 Forest Hill Blvd, West Palm Beach. DO NOT TRUST THIS STAFF! I made a payment by phone and they saved my card info. Out the blue weeks later I see a charge on my account for a payment that I didn't authorize. (it was due that day and they just helped themselves to my info and paid themselves) Meaning, someone wrote down my card info and security code and I am not enrolled in Auto or renewal payments!! Creeps! The protocol should've been to call for payment, or if payment becomes past due retrieve their merchandise!! This happened before and I spoke to an agent asking that they remove any written info about my bank account and that I alternate payments between my bank card and credit card, they had no right or permission to process any payment on their own free will today as they did.

A RAC box truck hit me from behind two weeks ago. At the scene, the local manager promised to make things right. Two weeks later, after a dozen phone calls with their insurance carrier, their regional manager in Plano, and now their appraiser at Sedgwick CMS, no progress at all towards getting my truck fixed. Will need to go the legal route through an attorney to get my truck fixed. A business managed like this wouldn't receive a dime of my money. Lotsa luck dealing with these people.

I have ONLY had an account with Rent-A-Center for a month. I was very nervous about doing with business with them because I had in the past and it was very unpleasant experience. I rented a small couch from them and set up for the auto pay to have all payment taken out of my account directly. The first payment came around and fell during winter break so I was away with my kids. I received several call from them stating the payment did not go through. The store charged my card 6 times, however according to my bank 2 of the payments were charged. I called the store asked to speak to a manager, they refused to put him on the phone. I called the corporate office and filed a complaint. I found out that the store never was suppose to charge my card that way. I was supposed to have set up the card and would have received an email when charges were made.

When I finally returned from my vacation I found notes on my door and my neighbors' door stating Rent-A-Center was there and wants their merchandise returned. They posted the flyers all over the house, it was extremely embarrassing. I now plan to escalating this as high as I can and I now want every penny I put in that store returned and for them to take their products back.

I am not comfortable with them having my information. I am requesting my card information be destroyed and will be closing my account and having the bank re-issue me a new one. Rent-A-Center in Jamaica NY on Merrick is very dishonest and I don't recommend anyone doing business with them. My complaint number is **. I have not received any call from the district manager Ramon. The person who posted the flyers on my neighbors' door is someone named Rob. The complaint was filed on Feb 23 and updated on Feb 24.

Yes I rented 2x from them. They yell at me all the time. They wouldnt work with us, we asked for 1 a month payment. They made it 1 a week payment. We asked every other two week payment. They give us 1 a week payment. I told them over and over we had it set up to every two week payment. They wouldnt change it. I was 9 days late. They were harassing us. While working they get mad if we dont answer their calls. When we are at work we can not use our phones. They interrupt you while talking.

They dont care! I HOPE THEY GET NO CUSTOMERS. I HOPE THEY GET SHUT DOWN. They talk bad about other companies like Aaron's. So people can come and get harassed by them. I tried to make a payment. What online said 59$. They said in store 75$. I told them Im going by what only is telling me. Otherwise they dont know how to do math or calculate days. I would not recommend it. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND BUY YOUR OWN STUFF or you will get notes all over your doors and lawn. Or they will try to bust down door and get it.

My experience with Rent-A-Center in Euclid Ohio is absolutely poor. The store manager Don and Dimitri they have absolutely unacceptable, unprofessional behavior. Their record keeping abilities is unacceptable. I was forced to double pay on my lease agreement for washer and dryer because they could not keep proper records. I had completed my payment agreement in July but was forced to pay an additional two months because they failed to keep proper records. Not only was my experience with Rent-A Center an absolute disaster, I learned that Eagle Rental has the same or better products at the same or lesser prices. I would advise everyone to please go to Eagle Rental before going to Rent-A-Center. You will be sorry if you ever do business with those THUGS.

When I first started dealing with Louis at RAC he was such a nice guy. Now that he left there are a bunch of ghetto ratchet people in there that don't know what they're doing. There is a Martina in there who never takes notes to the point the employees keep harassing me. I called an employee to let him know that he needs to stop calling me because I scheduled a pick up day already and that should've been noted, then he hangs up on me. Called again, another employee answered and started screaming at me and being rude not bothering to understand what was going on or tried to help. They have no regards for people, they don't take notes, they love to harass!! At this point I don't want anything to do with Rent-A-Center.

I am DISGUSTED with Rent-A-Center in Fayetteville NC on Bragg Blvd! An employee they had working for them, got my address off my invoice and showed up to my home at 11:30 at night!!! Not only that. They have tried to enter my residence when I am not home and my roommate told them to beat it! I have many other LEGAL issues against the store and have told them and corporate to no longer contact me since they filed a claim against me!!! LEGALLY they can NOT contact me once a case has been filed! It is in the court's hands at that point! I get between 15-20 calls a day from them, and fear for my safety from the people who work in that store! Not only that, they have sworn and threatened myself and my roommate. When the DM calls me she calls from a private number she admits is her cell phone so I refuse to answer her calls because they are not recorded! I am SO over Rent-A-Center and I will be filing charges against this store!

I am a master at arms in the US Navy and have just returned from Bahrain. When I made it home my wife had a recording of a conversation she had with a manager at the Rent-A-Center in Saratoga Springs NY. After listening to this recording I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing. The manager of this store (Jason) was more disrespectful to her than I have ever experienced or heard of someone experiencing from the employee of any company. This attitude was over her wanting to pay for 2 weeks when we owed 3. Not only was he demeaning he even raised his voice at her more than once over the 30 dollars that she stated she would pay the following week.

She proceeded to contact customer support who told her not to worry about it and that a general manager would be getting in touch with her the following Monday to work it out. When she called Jason back he told her he does not negotiate and claimed that she was lying to him and they could call him and tell him themselves. And proceeded raise his voice once more and tell her that she should know what her bills are. He then told her that he didn't care if she had a ticket number from customer care he was going to take the television. I have no problem with this company taking their television, that was part of the agreement but there is no reason to show the kind of disrespect that this man showed my wife.

It is a great feeling knowing that while I am in a terrorist filled anti American place like Bahrain serving our country so that people like Jason can stay here in the comfort of their own homes without having to worry, people like Jason back home are treating our spouses and families like trash. The men and women who are trying to hold themselves and their families together without the help of their spouse while at the same time being terrified that their husband or wife may never make it home.

Rent-A-Center Company Profile