3.22/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rent-A-Center

Looking for a good furniture store?

1097 Rent-A-Center Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 27, 2019

Constant calls to friends (references required by Rent A Center) and us about late payments, even though we never had a late payment. The furniture was more than double its original price (couches from Ashley Furniture) and of very poor quality. Also a washer we bought as well, arrived scratched, dented (supposedly new) and dirty. I would never give this place my business again.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Even though I do got to admit their stuff is really great my kids love their beds. We love our love set and couch but when I first called I got told that my beds would cost a certain amount. I go in to pay it's a different price. I got told that they would fix that price. Call back today the price is still the same. Don't like being lied to and I would not recommend ever going here again. So I called corporate. Hope corporate can fix it or I'll go somewhere else.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I'm currently renting a stove from Rent-A-Center. The first day I received it, there was a terrible smell coming from the oven so we turned on the self clean option. Once the door locked, the door started melting!!! My house could've caught fire!! We called and told the store about it, an employee came out and took pictures and told us the manager would get back with us. We had to physically go to the store just to get an answer from them. Mind you this was 2 to 3 weeks later that we went to the store for answers. We were supposed to get a replacement stove but they never got half our replacement stove and now they just want to pick up their stove. Fine by me!!! Why should I pay for something that could've burned my house down??? NEVER GOING THROUGH THEM AGAIN!!!

Original review: April 2, 2019

I'm currently renting a bed from this place. I was told that the payment would be 86.62. I started on 3/5 and made the down payment shown on the contract. I went to sign in to make a payment on MY DUE DATE... Which these people called me 3 TIMES on to collect payment... on the day IT'S DUE... not past due... all of a sudden... I have 12.99 outstanding..(because of some bogus membership fee that I DECLINED) plus 8.99 AND now my 86.62 plus ANOTHER charge of 8.99. I called and asked what this 8.99 fee is... they said it's a fee they charge in case of damage..

They said and I quote "it's on your contract whether or not you were told". I told her that it's on the contract as "optional" and I DON'T AGREE TO OPTIONAL SERVICES. Now all of a sudden, I have to bring my renter's insurance in and the Corporate office is the only place that can take off this fee? I'm sorry, but you have committed FRAUD!!!! I will be filing with the Secretary of State's Business office as well. DO NOT RENT FROM HERE!!!

Original review: April 1, 2019

Rent-A-Center is absolutely horrible! Our experience here was a complete joke! On the due date (yes the due date, not after) they start calling for their money by late morning if you didn’t get pay. If you don’t pay on that exact due date they come to your door! I was three days late for literally $12 and they came with their big truck beeping to back up to my door banged on my door for five minutes and finally left with a sign on my door handle that they came. Talk about embarrassing. I made every payment on time so one would think that would show them that I will be paying and they don’t need to come harass me for $12 darn dollars! Do yourself a favor... Do not use Rent-A-Center! Also, the people in the store are so rude!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

Original review: March 29, 2019

I would NEVER recommend anyone buy or rent from here! They are rude and when I called to inform them that I will be late they call 20 times a day and show up to bang on my door! My neighbors have told me while I was at work they were beating on my door for at least 10 minutes straight numerous times a day! When I arrived I saw that they left maybe 10-15 notes on my door. Some on the front doorstep entrance and the rest tucked in the cracks around my apartment door so that when I open the door they all fall. They’ve done that numerous times. They’re just all around a bad business and I’d NEVER recommend them or use them for myself in the future!

Original review: March 29, 2019

Do not rent from this Rent-A-Center or any Rent-A-Center... My 29 your old daughter rents from them and she's not even the primary on the contract. Her fiance is and they keep calling me and harassing me before even trying to call my daughter for their payment when my daughter isn't even late and her payment is due the next day. They contact me instead of her and instead of anyone else on the list. And I've had a stroke and a tumor removed and 2 weeks ago I had a cerebral angiogram done on my brain. And in 19 days I'm having surgery again to try and prevent another stroke and I even called the manager of the store and he just tried talking above me and wouldn't let me explain anything. And so I called corporate and corporate basically said they can do whatever they like. So I'm going to change my phone number and I may even take this to court seeing that my blood pressure is Sky High now. I am NOT even a client and they are harassing ME!!!

Original review: March 29, 2019

I rented a bed for my son for Christmas. Made three payments on time. Had problems. This last month they would not work with me except to come get the bed. I usually go to Aaron’s where I ever had a problem. Will never go to Rent-A-Center again.

Original review: March 7, 2019

I have been renting a washing machine for 2 years from Rent-A-Center. I've had numerous problems with it. They come out fix it, then a few months down the road broken again. I have 1 more 80.00 payment to make and it's paid off. I called Rent-A-Center. Told them I want a replacement. They said they can't replace it they will repair it. The manager Carlos called me to schedule a time to come out and repair it. I'm off as of today so I asked if they could come out today. He said no I understood. He told me Wednesday between 8am-12pm he could schedule my appointment. I told him that's not good for me. I work 8-5pm.

He then told me I have to have open availability if I wanted it repaired. This got me upset that he wasn't willing to work with me. I told him I can't just call off work because my washing machine needs to be repaired. He was very rude, disrespectful and not helpful at all with my problem and hung up on me in a sarcastic way, saying bye bye. Me being very upset I called back to ask to talk to someone higher in command not Carlos. I proceeded to tell David my problems and how I just got treated. He basically told me I was lying that he was sitting right next to Carlos and that he wasn't rude at all. This got my blood pressure up that he was calling me a liar instead of resolving the problem with Carlos. He didnt apologize and try to make it any better so now I'm extremely upset now.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I leased a refrigerator for 2 months while my new refrigerator was manufactured. RENT-A-CENTER Memphis delivered me a refrigerator. When they disconnect my old unit, they did not completely shut off the valve in the wall connecting the ice maker. The rental refrigerator did not have an ice maker. In a couple of days I started having wet carpet in my dining room & den. Water had leaked from this valve under the kitchen floor and carpeting in my dining room & den. I have a huge mess. RENT-A-CENTER's insurance only wants to pay 50% of the cost to return my floors and wall to previous condition. The estimated cost to repair/replace walls, baseboard & flooring is more than $15,000! The insurance company is trying weasel out of doing the right thing. SHAME ON YOU!!!

Rent-A-Center Company Information