3.16/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rent-A-Center

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rent-A-Center Reviews

Original review: May 28, 2019

I currently was renting from a store located in Reading PA. I fell behind in payment due to my partner passing away in Oct 2019. I made a complaint due to a worker being extremely rude and yelling at me in front of my neighbors. When I reported him I was transferred to a store 30 minutes away and when I came home they piled my door with over 30 stickers. When I called to see what happen the manager laughed and hung up the door. To take it further he sent me a harassing text messages on my personal cell number. I have never felt so scared and so intimidated in my life. This is the second time they violated my door even after I was transferred to a store 30 minutes away.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I rented a laptop from Rent-A-Center. After 3 months I notice a clicking sound whenever I opened or closed the laptop, then the hinge failed. This is a well known issue with HP laptops. I called up the store, was told a loaner would be given till this one gets worked on. The laptop was taken back to the Rent-A-Center, Riverview, Florida. They refuse a loaner, saying this could have been my fault! After 12 days they now say I can get a loaner because HP says it wasn't my fault, but a design flaw from them! And I was paying an extra $10 monthly just to be able to bypass this terrible situation, $75 altogether. Terrible service. And now they can stay with the laptop. I will find another rental center or buy a laptop and things will be better! I use this for working from home. I can't be waiting 12 days for another laptop! Crazy!

Original review: May 17, 2019

Negative stars across the board. I am a commercial driver. I work out of town and always pay my bills when I return home. This idiot Jason keeps calling and harassing me saying I said I would be back on the 15th when I told him the 18th. I have spent more than a 1600 dollars with them and they want to keep harassing me and playing games. I am on a oil rig in the Gulf of Mexico. We do not bring our wallets out. Just our ID and dive certs. I left a review last week that they deleted from their website. I am so sick and tired of this crap.

On top of that found out they charge almost double retail value on their stuff. I've never rent to own anything before and the only reason I did it this time was a time crunch to get a bigger couch for family that was coming in for Xmas. I've had enough. I'm going to the Better Business Bureau as well as the Consumer Affairs office and filing a lawsuit against them for my money back as I will be having them pick their ** up on Tues, when I return to San Diego since I will be flying into LAX and staying in LA till Tue. Do not use these clowns. You have been warned. Me yesterday at work at 49 Gom Joe Alfred oil platform.

Original review: May 6, 2019

Would never go back nor recommend to anyone ever!!! Very unprofessional people who screwed up with me since the very beginning. They had my payments set for every week when I clearly told them in person I get paid every two weeks. We set up a date for delivery and I didn't see them all day that day. No calls or anything, FIRST TWO RED FLAGS! But I still gave them chance after chance because maybe I was just crazy. Hell no. Don't waste your money or your time.

I had a washer and dryer set from here, the dryer took 3 hours to dry the smallest load of clothes. They knew about this since the day they delivered to me. They will not refund me for a product I had that never worked when I got, it and I've had it for months. They claimed it might be the brand (Amana) and I went along with that ** knowing damn well that doesn't matter. They were supposed to bring me a new dryer, never did. So I decided I would no longer pay for a broken dryer because then they'll have no choice but to communicate. I'm completely right. They called me for a payment. I told them I'm not paying for this anymore while it's broken and to come get it. That's when they were like, "Do you want the new dryer." The new dryer that they were supposed to bring weeks ago and never did!! I'm mad asf and refuse to let this happen to anyone else. DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY HERE!!!!

Original review: May 4, 2019

From start to finish it was a nightmare. Number one I ordered my bed online as well as my TV. They told me they had to go to another store to get my bed. I was fine with that. However I told her clear as day that I needed mattresses as well she she said ok. So keep in mind I work 2 jobs and I am in school an I work two Jobs so my free time is limited. I went in an paid for my merchandise on 05/01/2019 I was told I would have next day delivery. Well the next day I left work early to be there an they didn't show up. So I call them they told me 04/05/2019 I would have it.

So I left work early again. It got to be around 5 pm. So I called corporate. Only after corporate called them did they bring out my merchandise. Other than the TV it was NOT what I ordered !!!! then they did not have a mattress. I asked them where it was then they told me it was not in my contract!! Then they LIED an said they would be back in an hour an never came so when I called the office the sales rep, tried to make it appear as if I told her I did not want a mattress. It wasn't that she clearly was not listening. As a customer service agent myself I know that active listening IS required skill.

now she is trying to say that they are going to have to redo my contract an I will have to pay 25.00$ extra for them to deliver it. NUMBER ONE I DO NOT HAVE ANY MORE FREE TIME TO SIT AT HOME AN WAIT WHEN THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN CARE OF AT the first point of contact!!!! This is the worst company I have ever dealt with!!!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

Original review: April 27, 2019

Constant calls to friends (references required by Rent A Center) and us about late payments, even though we never had a late payment. The furniture was more than double its original price (couches from Ashley Furniture) and of very poor quality. Also a washer we bought as well, arrived scratched, dented (supposedly new) and dirty. I would never give this place my business again.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Even though I do got to admit their stuff is really great my kids love their beds. We love our love set and couch but when I first called I got told that my beds would cost a certain amount. I go in to pay it's a different price. I got told that they would fix that price. Call back today the price is still the same. Don't like being lied to and I would not recommend ever going here again. So I called corporate. Hope corporate can fix it or I'll go somewhere else.

Original review: April 4, 2019

I'm currently renting a stove from Rent-A-Center. The first day I received it, there was a terrible smell coming from the oven so we turned on the self clean option. Once the door locked, the door started melting!!! My house could've caught fire!! We called and told the store about it, an employee came out and took pictures and told us the manager would get back with us. We had to physically go to the store just to get an answer from them. Mind you this was 2 to 3 weeks later that we went to the store for answers. We were supposed to get a replacement stove but they never got half our replacement stove and now they just want to pick up their stove. Fine by me!!! Why should I pay for something that could've burned my house down??? NEVER GOING THROUGH THEM AGAIN!!!

Original review: April 2, 2019

I'm currently renting a bed from this place. I was told that the payment would be 86.62. I started on 3/5 and made the down payment shown on the contract. I went to sign in to make a payment on MY DUE DATE... Which these people called me 3 TIMES on to collect payment... on the day IT'S DUE... not past due... all of a sudden... I have 12.99 outstanding..(because of some bogus membership fee that I DECLINED) plus 8.99 AND now my 86.62 plus ANOTHER charge of 8.99. I called and asked what this 8.99 fee is... they said it's a fee they charge in case of damage..

They said and I quote "it's on your contract whether or not you were told". I told her that it's on the contract as "optional" and I DON'T AGREE TO OPTIONAL SERVICES. Now all of a sudden, I have to bring my renter's insurance in and the Corporate office is the only place that can take off this fee? I'm sorry, but you have committed FRAUD!!!! I will be filing with the Secretary of State's Business office as well. DO NOT RENT FROM HERE!!!

Original review: April 1, 2019

Rent-A-Center is absolutely horrible! Our experience here was a complete joke! On the due date (yes the due date, not after) they start calling for their money by late morning if you didn’t get pay. If you don’t pay on that exact due date they come to your door! I was three days late for literally $12 and they came with their big truck beeping to back up to my door banged on my door for five minutes and finally left with a sign on my door handle that they came. Talk about embarrassing. I made every payment on time so one would think that would show them that I will be paying and they don’t need to come harass me for $12 darn dollars! Do yourself a favor... Do not use Rent-A-Center! Also, the people in the store are so rude!

Rent-A-Center Company Information