3.23/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rent-A-Center

Looking for a good furniture store?

Rent-A-Center Reviews

Original review: July 27, 2019

Absolute worst people I have EVER dealt with. Our bed broke and we aren’t really of the financial means to go and pay full price for a bed, so we contacted Rent a Center. From the get go, these people were awful. The bed I wanted was not in stock at the store in Orchard Park, NY that I wanted so I was advised they would have to get the bed from another store so they couldn’t deliver same day. No big deal, I was willing to wait for the bed I wanted. This was on a Saturday so I set up delivery for the following Saturday to ensure I was home to accept the delivery since I was told it would take 3-5 business days for them to get the bed. I was also told I would get a free week from the promotion they were running.

From this point on, NIGHTMARE. I paid $46 upfront when my weekly payment was only $25. Then they tried to make me pay for the week I didn’t have the bed. Sorry, but I wasn’t my fault you didn’t have the product in stock. But they claimed my free week was the week I had to wait for the bed. I’m sorry, but my “free” week can not be a week I don’t have the product. My weekly payment is due every Saturday and I make the payment every Thursday when I get my paycheck. I do this because otherwise I will start being hounded with phone calls from Thursday until I make the payment.

This past week my family was out of town at a hospital for an issue my son was having. I was stressed beyond max and forgot about the payment. I received 2 voicemails EVERY SINGLE DAY. I called the store and advised I would make the payment when I got home. I’m not even home for an hour when these people send someone knocking on my door to collect a payment of a whopping $25. These people are unbelievable over this little amount of money. I work in customer service and never would I ever treat my customers like this. But if you enjoy being hounded and stalked, this is your company for sure.

Original review: July 20, 2019

I did a transaction over one year ago. One month ago I contacted them to find out the balance on my account because the website DOES NOT provide that information. At that time the lady told me two more bi-weekly payment of 100 and 129 respectively to close the account. Fast forward to today when I called to close the account, the rep now tells me it's 2 more payments of 100 and 110 left on the account. To make matters worse, there is no place on the website that you can check your balance.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Decent company to buy from. They are very quick but unprofessional. As I walking into the store, they were loading another customers product into the truck and they were just throwing the pillows into the dirty truck with no covers. I asked the manager if that's how they deliver them, and he said yet. With NO protect-ant on them. They charge you for tax on every payment you make every week and they do not have the option of convenience of letting you decide how much you'd like to pay off a week. They advertise "6 months same as cash" though they do not allow it to be easily accessed for paying online. You'd have to call in I’m sure.

Original review: June 17, 2019

I have bought many products from them in the past and have never had an issue... But about a month month and a half ago my TV has started having issues and they have done nothing but give me the run around with it!!! I will not recommend them to anybody!! I am not happy with the service one bit and will not buy anything from them again!!

Original review: June 15, 2019

I rented a washer and dryer set, paid my payment yesterday 6/14/2019. I was assured they would deliver the set by 1pm today 6/15/2019. It's now 1:40 pm and no delivery! I called and was told they are behind due to corporate guy came to store and had them tied up all morning. Not my problem and quite frankly poor business. If you say 1 pm stick to it and corporate needs to have meetings after business hours!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Rent-A-Center?

Original review: June 6, 2019

The store in Langley Square Shopping center is the worse one to go in. If I truly have to pay my bill in the store I'll only deal with Angie. Her customer service is A1. I could see if I was a customer who's always late but I'm the opposite. I just can't wait til it’s all paid off so I won’t have to deal with it. Get new staff and keep Angie.

Original review: June 6, 2019

PLEASE NEVER SHOP WITH RENT-A-CENTER. You will regret it before they even give you a receipt. I purchased a living room set from them, 2 end tables, a middle table and 2 lamps that have never worked. Talked about upset from the moment they backed their vehicle into my home to deliver. Bringing the furniture in, they scratched my wall, knocked my corner beads loose and knocked the paint off. Asked me to look at and didn't even mention the option to call the store to file an insurance claim because of their damages. Also, they are very disrespectful from the manager to the lowest paid person in the store. I called them and explained what had taken place. The store manager's only concern was "Will you still be making your payment this weekend"?

At this point, I'm like "Are you serious, this is the only thing you're worried about". How about fixing what your delivery drivers messed up and offering some lamps that work. Yes I purchased my own light bulbs and tested them just to make sure that wasn't the issue. And it wasn't the light bulbs. They actually did not work. I told them to pick up their items and if my home gets messed up any more than it was that I would sue. Shaking my head. They are so horrible. PLEASE NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH RENT-A-CENTER.

Original review: June 4, 2019

I've been a customer of these guys for almost a year now. The communication between their management and employees is near non-existent, so if you need to speak with a manager/supervisor about anything, don't expect your message to be relayed. Their staff has been very unprofessional and doesn't seem to listen to their customers, as I've had to repeat myself on multiple occasions. Won't be recommending to anyone, and will not do any further business with this company.

Original review: May 28, 2019

I currently was renting from a store located in Reading PA. I fell behind in payment due to my partner passing away in Oct 2019. I made a complaint due to a worker being extremely rude and yelling at me in front of my neighbors. When I reported him I was transferred to a store 30 minutes away and when I came home they piled my door with over 30 stickers. When I called to see what happen the manager laughed and hung up the door. To take it further he sent me a harassing text messages on my personal cell number. I have never felt so scared and so intimidated in my life. This is the second time they violated my door even after I was transferred to a store 30 minutes away.

Original review: May 18, 2019

I rented a laptop from Rent-A-Center. After 3 months I notice a clicking sound whenever I opened or closed the laptop, then the hinge failed. This is a well known issue with HP laptops. I called up the store, was told a loaner would be given till this one gets worked on. The laptop was taken back to the Rent-A-Center, Riverview, Florida. They refuse a loaner, saying this could have been my fault! After 12 days they now say I can get a loaner because HP says it wasn't my fault, but a design flaw from them! And I was paying an extra $10 monthly just to be able to bypass this terrible situation, $75 altogether. Terrible service. And now they can stay with the laptop. I will find another rental center or buy a laptop and things will be better! I use this for working from home. I can't be waiting 12 days for another laptop! Crazy!

Rent-A-Center Company Information