Shop Now

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.7/5 (174 ratings)

About Nectar Sleep

Nectar sells one medium-firm mattress model that has excellent support, making it a great choice for back sleepers. It is manufactured with a cooling cover, gel memory foam, adaptive memory foam and a base layer. The mattress also comes with a 365-night sleep trial, and shipping and returns are free.

Pros

• Virtually silent
  • Great value
  • 365-night sleep trial

Cons

• Not ideal for stomach sleepers

Bottom Line

Nectar’s one memory foam mattress is medium-firm, made of high-quality materials and comes at an affordable price. The mattress’ excellent support makes it especially good for back sleepers.

Nectar Sleep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nectar Sleep?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nectar Sleep?

Original review: June 16, 2021

Best memory foam mattress for someone with a bad back. It's firm enough to properly support you, yet soft enough to feel like sleeping in the clouds. Truly love this mattress. I sleep soundly and wake feeling refreshed every day. I highly recommend.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Buyers beware! Do not order from Nectar. When you place your order they will promise you a short delivery time to get you to purchase the mattress. On 5/24/21 we were originally told our mattress would arrive by 6/11/2021. However a week after we placed the order we were told there was a delay and that our order would ship at the end of June. This is considered bait and switch, luring customers in with the promise of fast delivery times only to turn around and say “oops we have a delay.” Customer service said she didn’t know why I was quoted a delivery date of 6/11/21 as it usually takes 21 days for the supplier to fulfill the order then an additional 5 to 10 business days for delivery... this is **, luring your customers in with fast shipping times and not following through is **. Bait & switch is an illegal business practice... so don’t be like me, go find another mattress company.

Customer service said there is nothing they can do as they do not offer expedited processing and shipping. So I guess my dad who has congestive heart failure has to go another two to three weeks without his new mattress. Every day he asks “is it coming today? I can’t wait for my new bed.” It breaks him every time I have to tell him no. We’ve been waiting long enough and this mattress needs to be shipped TODAY!! Does anyone at nectar have a soul and a desire to do the right thing?

Original review: June 12, 2021

A great mattress. It's shipped to you in a small box. And when you open the box and take it out after 24 hours it is fully expanded to a full mattress. The most comfortable mattress I ever experienced.

Original review: May 13, 2021

DO NOT BUY!!! I purchased a Nectar mattress in April of 2020, because my bed was hurting my back. The mattress was god for about 8 months until it started sinking and causing me back pain. I initiated my return request before the end of my trial period. They said that my mattress was in excellent condition, and offered me a mattress topper. I declined. They then offered to pay me $149 to keep it, and asked if I wanted to try one of their other mattresses. After reading the reviews, I decided not to try another one of their products.

I contacted them once again for a full refund, only to be told by the agent that my trial period had passed and there was nothing I could do. The customer service agent was horrible, and she had no sympathy. She acted as if she was the one who had to reimburse me, and I made sure to put that on the survey asking about my experience with her. I informed the agent that I would be reporting them to the BBB. I will also be writing reviews on every outlet I can find! This mattress was $1000, and I want my money back!

Original review: May 8, 2021

This has to be the worst service experience I have ever experienced with any company. Honestly, Genevieve was probably the best part of this catastrophe. After ordering a replacement remote control for an adjustable bed frame, which seemed so wonderfully effortless upfront, it was decided by Nectar that an entire adjustable base was shipped instead. This seemingly generous offer to replace the whole unit resulted in much of my time wasted over the course of 6 weeks, extreme frustration, and now the hassle of having to dispose of the existing base, which is in mint condition.

On top of that, the replacement was initially shipped to the incorrect address despite me having confirmed the correct address at least three times with two different people. When I discovered it was at the incorrect address, I notified the Nectar team on the same day. After around 10 days, it had still not been collected with an agent telling me to reach out to FedEx myself to correct their mistake. During this time, the focus of the customer service team was on the solely on the shipment delivered to the incorrect address, constantly badgering me for more information and endless assistance. How hard would it have been for them to call their FedEx rep and ask them to collect the box?

All the while, as the customer waiting on the delivery of the adjustable base, I was receiving no information on when I would receive the replacement despite asking numerous times for an ETA. I needed to arrange for the trash collectors to remove the old base, and wanted that to happened around the same time as the delivery. That did not happen.

I was not provided with a tracking number this time around, and the delivery person delivered the shipment on the curb without ringing the doorbell or notifying me of the delivery. A neighbor rang my doorbell to tell me I had a delivery on the street, which I then had to drag inside myself. I live alone up two flights of stairs. There isn’t much I can think of that could’ve made this situation worse. Thanks for the free $25 dollar blanket, Nectar! My time is worth a lot more than a blanket I don’t even need and I certainly could've done without the aggravation of this debacle.

Resolution response: May 7, 2021

I finally got my refund. Customer service is slow, but I did get my money. It's a shame, really. The mattress I ordered looked perfect for what I wanted it for. I have a King now, but wanted smaller.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I purchased a mattress from this company, but never got it. I asked for a refund, and the last I heard they put my money on some credit card I've never heard of. They are stealing my money. DON'T BUY.

Original review: April 14, 2021

While Nectar has a website full of 5 star reviews (they bury the 1 and 2 star ones and you have to search for them) this company proudly touts shipping of 3-5 business days. The reality is they take your money and then you never get your items. I'm coming up on 3 weeks and still no mattress. I have called, online chatted, and emailed to no avail. They keep pushing out the delivery date and I am now being told maybe I'll get the order in the next 3 weeks. Dig into the internet for reviews beyond their website and you will hear that their lower prices come with a hitch.....You have to wait a long time to ever see your order. I asked for a refund.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Ordered my mattress on the 23 of March and have not received it yet!! I have been in contact with the company and they have given me nothing but excuses. They basically don't know when my mattress is going to be here. I was guaranteed that it would be here on the 12. I contacted them to see what's up and its still sitting in the warehouse and FedEx hasn't showed up because they are having major delays across the USA.. It's funny. I use FedEx regularly and haven't had any issues. I just want what I ordered. If they are having such issues then why are they selling these mattresses.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Recently I purchased a Nectar mattress. One of the influences on buying a bed in a box was their 365 day warranty. My happiness is important to them. Ha! I decided against keeping the mattress and purchased a conventional mattress and box spring set instead. When I contacted the company to return the Nectar mattress they told me because the box has not been open within 90 days of getting the mattress it voided out the warranty (My home was under renovation during this time).

How does this makes sense if I opened it or didn't open it? You cannot resell a used mattress regardless. I also ordered a metal bed frame and that too is unopened but they won't accept that either- voided out the warranty- really? a metal bed frame? This information is quietly mentioned on their website but nothing on the box of the mattress that it must be opened within 90 days- NOTHING. Buyer beware. Shady company to say the least. Plus, they didn't post my review on their website because it was negative!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I really did not want to give ANY STARS - This is the absolute WORSE MATTRESS in the world! It is EXTREMELY HARD, NOT COOLING and impossible to turn over or even move without fully waking! Do not be fooled by the gifts they offer or the ads - Honestly you will be more comfortable sleeping on a concrete floor! And, that "Bundle" gift they offer is of the cheapest quality - don't expect the items to last after a couple of washings. After trying to sleep on this mattress for only one week I am still in bodily pain all over and since I am a side sleeper my shoulders feel like I require a visit to an orthopedist.

The icing on the cake is the absolute lie about "easy returns." While they finally agreed to the return of the mattress after only having it for one month (but sleeping on it not even one week), I had to follow up to find out when they would be picking up the mattress I want to return. Only then I was told they don't have anyone in my area to pick up the mattress so I would have to find a charity to donate it to and complete paperwork with specific instructions OR donate it to a community member again, with very specific paperwork instructions OR dispose the mattress in a specific way and again with specific accompanying paperwork.

My refund is contingent on ME DOING what they said they would do: "Nectar will help you find a local donation centre for your mattress." I called NECTAR to purchase the mattress because I wanted to ask very specific questions about their return procedures. I was told they would take care of the return process completely in the event I wanted to return the mattress and that I would not have to try to get it back in the box or find donation sites or disposal etc., but I'm sure the sale was the important thing at the time knowing they could change the return procedure at whim. Shame on you NECTAR for false advertising and false claims to your customers! I DO NOT RECOMMEND this mattress to anyone.

Nectar Sleep Company Information