3.9/5 (286 ratings)

About Nectar Sleep

Nectar sells one medium-firm mattress model that has excellent support, making it a great choice for back sleepers. It is manufactured with a cooling cover, gel memory foam, adaptive memory foam and a base layer. The mattress also comes with a 365-night sleep trial, and shipping and returns are free.

Pros

• Virtually silent
  • Great value
  • 365-night sleep trial

Cons

• Not ideal for stomach sleepers

Bottom Line

Nectar’s one memory foam mattress is medium-firm, made of high-quality materials and comes at an affordable price. The mattress’ excellent support makes it especially good for back sleepers.

Nectar Sleep Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Nectar Sleep?

Original review: Dec. 21, 2021

Ordered king mattress and bed frame same day. Mattress came 2 days before frame. Nectar recommends that mattress not expand on a floor so waited until bed frame arrived. Opened plastic wrapper around mattress, opened in a curled position, not flat. After 72 hours expanded into a curled mattress with curled end not fully expanded and misshapen, and mattress itself is misshapen with foam top not fully in line with rest of mattress.

Called customer service for replacement. Not happy with their response; lots of questions, needing photos, have to submit and they will get back to me. I asked for a supervisor and they said supervisor will say what she is saying. I asked several times; it was obvious she was reading from a script. Finally she said she would request a supervisor and one would call me. The customer service person also said she would send me email regarding the photos she needed, of the mattress and the mattress tags along with measurements. Whew!

Fifteen or so minutes later a supervisor called me. She had to first verify the order number, name and email (again) in order to help. She said she could approve a replacement if I sent them the pictures now. And, shipment will take several business days, first to put the order together, get it to the shipper and then the actual shipment (was Fed Ex and the original shipment came in an open box) which will take several days more.

Apparently for replacement they used to offer expedited shipment but that is no longer available. She said no one would expedite it. They also gave instructions on disposing the original shipment with options if we could not do it ourselves. I am waiting to see what those are. We are in the holiday season and this is not a good time to rely on shipments through routine processes, especially when sent a defective mattress. When I checked the mattress tags, found that the mattress was actually made in Mexico. That was a surprise for sure…I thought the mattress was made in the USA.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

They won't do the return process till 30 days passes after receiving it! They don't connect you to any supervisor or give any names! It's a scam company! We have no mattress to sleep on and have sent 17 emails to them with no resolution and no refund.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

Difficult to get a refund if you're not happy with the product. TWO months of emails. Mold surfaced in the product they sent after a week. Bed is not comfortable - not stable all around and you will feel off balanced. Definitely would NOT recommend this business.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2021

I can't believe all the 1 stars on this site. I tried many different mattresses at furniture stores before purchasing online. I chose it, because it was more comfortable than most of the 2 and 3 thousand dollar mattresses I tried. Anyone who buys something without trying first is foolish. My buying experience was amazing. I ordered it on Saturday, and it arrived on Thursday. They were in contact with me the entire time. This is the most comfortable mattress I have ever slept on. I sleep through the night and wake up pain free for the first time in years. The Serenity sleep bundle is also amazing. I would gladly pay $399, if it did not come free with my purchase. Some people are never satisfied, but I love my Nectar.

Original review: July 21, 2021

I placed an order for a new mattress on 6/15/21. As of this morning (7/21/21), my mattress was still in a "Ready to Go" status on the tracking website they provide (it's been this way for over a week). Even though I have emails and transcripts from support chat saying it would ship 7/20-7/21. Spoke to a different person later on to find out this is not true, that internally they are still processing my mattress. I ended up cancelling and hopefully getting all of my money back. This experience has been awful, different answers from different people within minutes of talking. This just simply is not service I am ok with. If someone is willing to wait an unspecified amount of time for something costing upwards of $1000 be my guest.

Original review: July 13, 2021

If your time and money is important to you, stay away from this company! I ordered a mattress from them after checking with their specialists numerous times on shipping and receiving time frames. I never received my mattress. I never received a refund. All attempts with customer service to get a reliable answer on anything just results in getting the run around more and more. Can't speak to a supervisor. Can't get an honest answer. Eventually, I will go through the dispute process with my credit card company, but even they say Nectar is terrible to deal with! So I am probably out my money!

Original review: June 26, 2021

Very easy to turn. Not too tall for sheets. Did add a 1.5 inch fiberfill mattress pad.Very comfortable and light. Love the pillows that came with it. Will never go back to above brand mattresses. Bought it on sale at a regular mattress store versus online.

Original review: June 16, 2021

Best memory foam mattress for someone with a bad back. It's firm enough to properly support you, yet soft enough to feel like sleeping in the clouds. Truly love this mattress. I sleep soundly and wake feeling refreshed every day. I highly recommend.

Original review: June 15, 2021

Buyers beware! Do not order from Nectar. When you place your order they will promise you a short delivery time to get you to purchase the mattress. On 5/24/21 we were originally told our mattress would arrive by 6/11/2021. However a week after we placed the order we were told there was a delay and that our order would ship at the end of June. This is considered bait and switch, luring customers in with the promise of fast delivery times only to turn around and say “oops we have a delay.” Customer service said she didn’t know why I was quoted a delivery date of 6/11/21 as it usually takes 21 days for the supplier to fulfill the order then an additional 5 to 10 business days for delivery... this is **, luring your customers in with fast shipping times and not following through is **. Bait & switch is an illegal business practice... so don’t be like me, go find another mattress company.

Customer service said there is nothing they can do as they do not offer expedited processing and shipping. So I guess my dad who has congestive heart failure has to go another two to three weeks without his new mattress. Every day he asks “is it coming today? I can’t wait for my new bed.” It breaks him every time I have to tell him no. We’ve been waiting long enough and this mattress needs to be shipped TODAY!! Does anyone at nectar have a soul and a desire to do the right thing?

Original review: June 15, 2021

Ordered and received the mattress in 2017. Arrived in great shape, easy to roll it out. Over the years we have noticed that the mattress is prone to feeling hot. It’s an unwelcome nuisance. No way to fix it. Would buy another composite mattress, but not until I’m assured that the new mattress has cooling agents built into it.

Original review: June 14, 2021

The company was great to work with. The buying process was easy. Email communication was straightforward and clear. We ended up returning it, and even that was hassle-free. They set up everything, and a guy came to the house and picked it up. The refund was issued within an hour of the pickup. I wish more companies operated like these guys do.

Original review: June 13, 2021

Purchased mattress at local furniture store. Disappointed as I had heard such great things from others. With back problems, I gave up sleeping on it after 5 nights and moved to guest room—I could hardly walk of the mornings! Husband and I found it to be hot. Although Nectar says keep the mattress 30 nights before returning, the furniture company picked it up in 2 weeks and a refund was prompt. Mattress gets 1 star.

Original review: June 12, 2021

A great mattress. It's shipped to you in a small box. And when you open the box and take it out after 24 hours it is fully expanded to a full mattress. The most comfortable mattress I ever experienced.

Original review: June 11, 2021

I love it! I feel better and it was very easy! Good things come to those who wait! It took a while to arrive but worth it! The adjustable base is amazing! Upgrade for a perfect night's sleep! My cats have not left it since it arrived!

Original review: May 13, 2021

DO NOT BUY!!! I purchased a Nectar mattress in April of 2020, because my bed was hurting my back. The mattress was god for about 8 months until it started sinking and causing me back pain. I initiated my return request before the end of my trial period. They said that my mattress was in excellent condition, and offered me a mattress topper. I declined. They then offered to pay me $149 to keep it, and asked if I wanted to try one of their other mattresses. After reading the reviews, I decided not to try another one of their products.

I contacted them once again for a full refund, only to be told by the agent that my trial period had passed and there was nothing I could do. The customer service agent was horrible, and she had no sympathy. She acted as if she was the one who had to reimburse me, and I made sure to put that on the survey asking about my experience with her. I informed the agent that I would be reporting them to the BBB. I will also be writing reviews on every outlet I can find! This mattress was $1000, and I want my money back!

Original review: May 8, 2021

This has to be the worst service experience I have ever experienced with any company. Honestly, Genevieve was probably the best part of this catastrophe. After ordering a replacement remote control for an adjustable bed frame, which seemed so wonderfully effortless upfront, it was decided by Nectar that an entire adjustable base was shipped instead. This seemingly generous offer to replace the whole unit resulted in much of my time wasted over the course of 6 weeks, extreme frustration, and now the hassle of having to dispose of the existing base, which is in mint condition.

On top of that, the replacement was initially shipped to the incorrect address despite me having confirmed the correct address at least three times with two different people. When I discovered it was at the incorrect address, I notified the Nectar team on the same day. After around 10 days, it had still not been collected with an agent telling me to reach out to FedEx myself to correct their mistake. During this time, the focus of the customer service team was on the solely on the shipment delivered to the incorrect address, constantly badgering me for more information and endless assistance. How hard would it have been for them to call their FedEx rep and ask them to collect the box?

All the while, as the customer waiting on the delivery of the adjustable base, I was receiving no information on when I would receive the replacement despite asking numerous times for an ETA. I needed to arrange for the trash collectors to remove the old base, and wanted that to happened around the same time as the delivery. That did not happen.

I was not provided with a tracking number this time around, and the delivery person delivered the shipment on the curb without ringing the doorbell or notifying me of the delivery. A neighbor rang my doorbell to tell me I had a delivery on the street, which I then had to drag inside myself. I live alone up two flights of stairs. There isn’t much I can think of that could’ve made this situation worse. Thanks for the free $25 dollar blanket, Nectar! My time is worth a lot more than a blanket I don’t even need and I certainly could've done without the aggravation of this debacle.

Resolution response: May 7, 2021

I finally got my refund. Customer service is slow, but I did get my money. It's a shame, really. The mattress I ordered looked perfect for what I wanted it for. I have a King now, but wanted smaller.

Original review: May 5, 2021

I purchased a mattress from this company, but never got it. I asked for a refund, and the last I heard they put my money on some credit card I've never heard of. They are stealing my money. DON'T BUY.

Original review: April 14, 2021

While Nectar has a website full of 5 star reviews (they bury the 1 and 2 star ones and you have to search for them) this company proudly touts shipping of 3-5 business days. The reality is they take your money and then you never get your items. I'm coming up on 3 weeks and still no mattress. I have called, online chatted, and emailed to no avail. They keep pushing out the delivery date and I am now being told maybe I'll get the order in the next 3 weeks. Dig into the internet for reviews beyond their website and you will hear that their lower prices come with a hitch.....You have to wait a long time to ever see your order. I asked for a refund.

Original review: April 13, 2021

Ordered my mattress on the 23 of March and have not received it yet!! I have been in contact with the company and they have given me nothing but excuses. They basically don't know when my mattress is going to be here. I was guaranteed that it would be here on the 12. I contacted them to see what's up and its still sitting in the warehouse and FedEx hasn't showed up because they are having major delays across the USA.. It's funny. I use FedEx regularly and haven't had any issues. I just want what I ordered. If they are having such issues then why are they selling these mattresses.

Original review: April 5, 2021

Recently I purchased a Nectar mattress. One of the influences on buying a bed in a box was their 365 day warranty. My happiness is important to them. Ha! I decided against keeping the mattress and purchased a conventional mattress and box spring set instead. When I contacted the company to return the Nectar mattress they told me because the box has not been open within 90 days of getting the mattress it voided out the warranty (My home was under renovation during this time).

How does this makes sense if I opened it or didn't open it? You cannot resell a used mattress regardless. I also ordered a metal bed frame and that too is unopened but they won't accept that either- voided out the warranty- really? a metal bed frame? This information is quietly mentioned on their website but nothing on the box of the mattress that it must be opened within 90 days- NOTHING. Buyer beware. Shady company to say the least. Plus, they didn't post my review on their website because it was negative!

Original review: Feb. 26, 2021

I really did not want to give ANY STARS - This is the absolute WORSE MATTRESS in the world! It is EXTREMELY HARD, NOT COOLING and impossible to turn over or even move without fully waking! Do not be fooled by the gifts they offer or the ads - Honestly you will be more comfortable sleeping on a concrete floor! And, that "Bundle" gift they offer is of the cheapest quality - don't expect the items to last after a couple of washings. After trying to sleep on this mattress for only one week I am still in bodily pain all over and since I am a side sleeper my shoulders feel like I require a visit to an orthopedist.

The icing on the cake is the absolute lie about "easy returns." While they finally agreed to the return of the mattress after only having it for one month (but sleeping on it not even one week), I had to follow up to find out when they would be picking up the mattress I want to return. Only then I was told they don't have anyone in my area to pick up the mattress so I would have to find a charity to donate it to and complete paperwork with specific instructions OR donate it to a community member again, with very specific paperwork instructions OR dispose the mattress in a specific way and again with specific accompanying paperwork.

My refund is contingent on ME DOING what they said they would do: "Nectar will help you find a local donation centre for your mattress." I called NECTAR to purchase the mattress because I wanted to ask very specific questions about their return procedures. I was told they would take care of the return process completely in the event I wanted to return the mattress and that I would not have to try to get it back in the box or find donation sites or disposal etc., but I'm sure the sale was the important thing at the time knowing they could change the return procedure at whim. Shame on you NECTAR for false advertising and false claims to your customers! I DO NOT RECOMMEND this mattress to anyone.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2021

I thought I would try out Nectar and felt safe ordering based on the 12 month return policy. First, they sent me two mattress and charged me for both (I ordered one). I had to call and get them to schedule a pick up of the second mattress that they accidentally delivered before they would remove the massive charge on my credit card. Well, fine, mistake happen. I did not like the mattress, it was far too soft/squishy and I really sank into it more than I needed, which lead to back issues. No problem, I thought, they have a stated 365 day return policy! I re-read the policy and made sure I was in full compliance. No damage, barely used, etc. So I applied for the return. This is where the problems began.

First they spent the better part of two weeks asking me about my sleeping positions and offering me different extra padding (I declined) before they finally just offered me $150 to go on my way (I declined, I wanted to return the mattress and get a full refund.) Well, the fun was just beginning. They asked me to take multiple pictures in all different angles, which I happily obliged, sending multiple times. Radio silence for a while, when I followed up they told me the company they partner with does not service my area so they cant come pick up the mattress. You would think I live in the middle of no where. I live in the middle of Washington DC, the capital of the nation, on the eastern seaboard which is the most densely populated region of the country. AND Nectar had already come to my house weeks before to pick up the second mattress they erroneously delivered (and charged me for.) But suddenly no trucks on the east coast!

So they told me I must find my own way to get someone to come take my mattress, and document everything. I couldnt find anyone who wanted my mattress and told them that. The Nectar people said, "Well you can pay someone to take it away but we won't cover costs. Or you can drag it out to have your garbage man pick it up" (which they dont do in DC) and even if they did they wanted me to ask the garbage man to *take a picture of the mattress at the dump*, then send it to me, so I could send it to Nectar to prove I dont still have the mattress.

I finally reached a breaking point and said Im not paying to get the mattress out of my house and Im not bribing my local garbage man to take it away then text me pictures of it. That is not in the refund policy (which I read over and over again). I have complied with everything they asked, the mattress is brand new and waiting for Nectar to come get it. But they have now gone radio silent and stopped responding to me.

Sadly I am now consulting with an attorney and looking to file a complaint with the DC Attorney General's office, which is pretty good at these kind of consumer fraud causes. I will also spread the word on my experience with this company as wide and far as possible until they give me the refund their policy guarantees. Tl;dr DO NOT BUY. This is a scam. They send you a subpar mattress and if you dont like it they *refuse* to refund you despite their pretend policy.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

I ordered 2 Twin XL mattresses with foundations. The construction of these Nectar foundations is basically a side rail made of a very small piece of wood covered with fabric, the wood eventually snapped on both, causing the foundation to sink in the middle, and there is NO middle support. I requested a replacement and they sent me a replacement and it had a completely different construction, made of metal, and it had a middle support with a leg in the middle! I was pleased.

I requested for the other bed (that sunk at a later date), and they sent me the foundation they initially sent me. I requested the metal with the support, and they kept going in circles with me. They then said that they no work with that manufacturer anymore, so they can't help me and they will not refund me. I can't use this foundation, and it was $200. I'm appalled by this. They offer a 365 day guarantee... I thought... I placed the order May 2020, it's Feb 2021. What gives here???? I will continue to take action on this and spread the word at how horrible the quality of their products are and how poorly CS handles complaints.

Original review: Feb. 3, 2021

We had a house fire and lost everything. The first items we needed to replace were our beds. After research, three of the four of us bought Nectar beds. The beds themselves we like but it was a terrible experience from the beginning. Our beds arrived in several different packages on several different days. We could not even put one of them together for weeks because we did not have all the parts. Once we received them, the boxes were not marked and we had no idea which went with what bed. You have to connect all the wires yourself and the directions are terrible. Since the boxes and instructions were not marked, we initially installed the wrong motor on the wrong bed.

After a few days, my husband’s remote stopped working and then the motor on his bed stopped working. We did a troubleshooting application via our phone with customer service, which did in fact show that there was a problem and they were going to send us replacement parts. The customer service agent told us that they would expedite the order and we would have it in two days. 6 weeks later we do not have it. My husband’s bed has been stuck with the head up all this time. I have to send emails continuously and get back automated responses. After spending over $4000.00 on beds, they gave us $35.00 for our troubles. $35.00 is an insult. Automated responses are an insult. My husband just wants to sleep in a bed.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2021

Nectar is an absolute snake oil company - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM. I placed an order on 12/27/2020 and was charged for the entire $800 in completion by 12/28. I have never had an experience where a company charges me first, and then sets a shipping date? I was trying to be gracious and understanding during the time of COVID, but I couldn’t overlook their disrespect and disregard for me as a customer and individual.

I didn’t receive an anticipated ship date for another week and was told it would be 1/6. On 1/8/21 when I still had not received a shipment email, I reached out to their team to ask what was happening only to be told that it was in ‘pre-shipment’ and they didn’t have a date. So they were unable to articulate a date to complete the service for which they had already been paid for two weeks prior, and then when I asked to cancel the entire order at that point and simply refund my money they said they were unable to do so.

I asked to have the shipment be returned to sender and they said they could not do that, I would have to wait for it to arrive and then somehow figure out how to ship it back myself- again the burden of their error and disengagement now on me the customer who has already taken on all of the risk and pain. I am now $800 dollars poorer, uncounted amounts of time and stress taken from me and my peace of mind and STILL WITHOUT WHAT I PURCHASED ALMOST A MONTH POST FACT. HEED MY WARNING AND NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE FRAUDULENT PEOPLE. I have cancelled the charge with my bank, filed a dispute with the BBB and a police report for fraud.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2020

Ordered a dual-king mattress (i.e. two full XL) nearly a month before Christmas, as a Christmas present for my wife. The first mattress arrived within a week, and all was well. But oddly, they didn't send the second mattress. Order details said it would arrive by the 15th though, so I didn't sweat it. It's now the 16th, the mattress hasn't arrived, and order details now don't give a date. I just had a chat with customer support and was told "we don't know when the mattress will arrive" and they can no longer guarantee that it will arrive before Christmas. When I asked for a refund, they said I had to have the mattress for 30 days before I could return it!! And that there's nothing they can (or will) do about it.

So now I'm stuck with 1/2 of a present for my wife, no idea when the other half will come, and a company that doesn't care. What a joke of a company. Don't make promises you can't keep. And in the case when you can't come through, at least TRY to make it right. I will be a lifelong advocate for people to NOT purchase anything from Nectar.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2020

We did a lot of research and decided on Nectar ultimately due to their 365 day try it out policy. It assured us that even if we didn't get to go try it in a store first we could return for a full refund and try another mattress. Unfortunately it was all a lie! We tried this mattress for 5 months. In that time, my hips hurt constantly and we tried to put a mattress topper on to see if that was the issue. It helped my hips, but then it was extreme effort to try to get out of bed. Ultimately we decided, it wasn't worth keeping a mattress we had to purchase a topper for and it wasn't worth the money we spent on the mattress when it hurt to sleep on it. We started the return process on their website.

They took a week to respond and spent several emails trying to talk us out of our decision and then trying to sell us on a sister mattress they had. I've repeatedly asked for a call back to speak with a live person and repeatedly asked for a refund. I continue to get the run around and now months into this return process they are now telling me I have to wait until January to get the mattress picked up and then they will see about my refund. It's ridiculous I've never received a call, it's ridiculous that I've had to take photos and spend my time fielding emails requesting a refund for them to repeatedly not provide the refund or even so much as an explanation of why they are taking their sweet time. The trial period and easy return process advertised has been a completely fraudulent advertising.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Very bad product and worst company service to deal with. I purchased a King size mattress that came defective, half of it didn't have foam inside, contacted them and had to submit pictures. Every time a new person was responding to my emails, absolutely ridiculous, after all been said according to their policy I have to keep it for 30 days, what a joke, don't make a mistake I made. Don't buy from them, China business.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2020

After the fitted sheet ripped within a month and the pillowcase openings bunched badly enough to be unusable, I posted a negative review on the Nectar website. I received an automated receipt message (followed by a customer service email that clearly did not come from someone who had read the review). The following day, 6 more 5-star reviews were posted on the website... No sight of my negative review. Customers are being misled.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2020

It took several weeks to receive the mattress purchased directly from Nectar. I spent several hundred dollars buying topper for this mattress and ultimately decided to return it after 4 months of sleeping on it. The mattress is not good for pressure points and I would sweat at night because the mattress would heat up significantly. When I contacted them, they tried to tell me that they would refund $125 and I could keep the mattress. I told them I wanted a full refund and to stop playing the selling game. I was told that Sharetown would contact me to arrange to pick up the mattress. After over a week, I finally heard from them and they said they didn't have anyone who could pick it up. They wanted me to donate it but no one is taking mattress donations, then they wanted me to throw it out after slashing the mattress. In Vermont, it costs $50-$75 to dispose of a mattress.

In addition, I would have to rent a truck to get it to the dump. Next, they said donate it to someone that I didn't know but they have to fill out a form. I asked about putting a free sign on the mattress but was told that I needed to have them fill out the form. I have a job and cannot sit at home waiting for a random person to pick up the mattress from the lawn. I am in the process of filing a complaint with the BBB. I would recommend that you avoid this company at all cost. You are better off to shop locally!

Nectar Sleep Company Information