Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture
1.35/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

1629 Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: June 12, 2017

Purchased my set from Home Depot in 2014 and today June of 2017 I heard a splintering sound and there was the table top glass in a heap under the table. The clean up was intense since I have dogs and cat who could hurt their paws walking around out there and I have stepping stones. Bad vendor, poor workmanship etc... Will never buy another one of her products again despite the look or style which is usually well executed. Also waiting to receive a part for chairs from the set that the company says might collapse and needs a stronger post. It has collapsed for some evidently and that is why they are doing this. Terrible experience all around.

Original review: June 5, 2017

We purchased the Martha Stewart Living Cascade Valley 7-Piece Patio Dining Set three years ago. After being stored from one Winter, the table and chairs exhibited minor rust. What was worse, the after the first rainfall, rainwater that had gotten into the furniture came out the drain holes in the bottom of the pieces as a nasty black liquid. This material stained our deck and could not be washed off.

Year two, after Winter storage, rust is now significant on several chairs and especially on the table. Once again, when it rained, pure crystal clear rainwater getting into the furniture (somehow) was oozing from the weep holes at the bottom as nasty black, deck staining liquid. This happens every time it rains! Year three, after Winter storage, there is so much rust on the table it is to the point I must either sand it all down and repaint this "Durable "Powder Coated Finish" or scrap the whole thing and buy a new set. We are not happy. This was not an inexpensive purchase.

Final note, there are holes all over this furniture in hidden locations. They not only let rain water in, they also let hornets, wasps and other stinging creatures into nest within the furniture frames. This is one of the most annoying issues I have with this product. I am allergic to these little ** and every year, I have to spray the pieces down with bug killer several times throughout the season. Martha Stewart, you should be ashamed to put your name on such a product. Moreover, you should buy back this fabulous exhibit of poor craftsmanship.

Original review: April 26, 2017

We purchased a Martha Stewart set of patio furniture - 6 swivel chairs and rectangular glass top table about 4 years ago for a large amount of money as we felt it looked like a quality set. All of the joints started rusting after a year or so and the plastic clips became brittle & broken and to make matters worse the glass top exploded this spring!!

Original review: April 12, 2017

I purchased this beautiful set at my local Home Depot as I thought it would make a great patio table (Octagon patio set) for my large family which consists of 6 children. Well, after only having the patio set for about 6 months I arrived home to see the table shattered into a million tiny pieces all over my deck. At first I thought one of the older kids must have accidentally cause it to shattered when play outside but as they all have me their word that they didn't do it. I thought from some fluke of nature a rock must have fell on it and caused it to break... (Did not find any rocks) or someone had vandalized my home... (But nothing else was damaged).

Anyway, I decided to look into replacing my $500 table and while entering the info for this specific table saw other purchasers experienced this same thing. Just Horrible! I'm so happy I was not sitting out there with none of my little ones!!! Does anyone know if there's been any type of reimbursement for this? I can really use another patio set which I do not have the funds for at the time. Any help will be great.

Original review: July 27, 2016

Outdoor table set purchased May 2011 from Home Depot was a good purchase until yesterday when it automatically exploded. Fortunately, I was just inside from it when it happened. Wish I had read reviews prior to making the purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Martha Stewart Living?

Original review: July 16, 2016

I had the patio set less than three months and had just gotten up from the table leaving my cellphone and drink there. I turned and walked a few steps away and heard an explosion and looked and the glass had exploded in a million pieces straight down on the outdoor rug. One minute earlier and it would have landed in my lap. The patio set had been in the shade the entire morning. The set presents a huge liability factor for Martha Stewart and given the reviews regarding this issue I am very surprised it is still on the market!

Original review: June 15, 2016

Bought these chairs about 3 yrs ago. Was initially pleasantly surprised. However, within a year the cushions were molding (on covered patio) and seams were giving way. Replacement covers were only available in a few colours. I eventually had them covered by an upholsterer friend of mine at a cost of $300 labor. I unfortunately bought the not-so-expensive outdoor fabric (7 yds) and they molded too. Don't despair! You can buy wide thick cushions without the wings and they still look great. Many online sites have these approx 23 x 21 x 4" cushions.

We also found that within a year my chair had seriously bent to the right (I tend to lean that way) because the metal downrods on the base are weak. I went online and finally found the manufacturer of the chairs, sent photos, and got 2 new bases because I was in the warranty period. No fight and no surprise on their part! Wish I could find details of them but can't. Google and be patient!

Original review: June 6, 2016

We bought a Martha Stewart patio set two years ago. In 4 months it started to rust, paint peeled off, leaks rust on our patio... Today the glass tabletop exploded into a zillion pieces. What can we do?

Original review: June 3, 2016

I received my Martha Stewart wicker dining table as a gift. Never used it. Glass shattered into a million pieces after 3 months. No satisfaction from Home Depot. Their answer was - "oh too bad". This product is terrible. Do not purchase Martha Stewart products.

Original review: May 7, 2016

We have owned this set for a few years. While inserting a new umbrella into the hole in the center, the top shattered. I had shorts on and was barefoot. I had blood streaming down both legs from the shattered glass. Overall, we have been happy with this set until this point. After reading reviews, this seems to be a problem. Had I known the dangers prior to buying, I would not have purchased this set. Now, I am recovering from scrapes and a long laceration on my right ankle and foot. This is a beautiful but very dangerous if the top shatters when someone is near. Buyer BEWARE!!!

Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture Company Information