Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture
1.36/5
Based on 288 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1626 Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 21, 2015

On July 10, 2015 the glass top on our patio set shattered. Glass was all over the chairs and on the patio as if it had exploded. Thankfully it had happen sometime during the night and no one was hurt. We have had this set for several years and I do not have the receipt. I did however save the broken glass.

Original review: July 16, 2015

Our 2 year old Martha Stewart Octagon Patio Table top shattered into a million pieces. Looks like it was blown over in a storm while we were away. My problem is that I'd like to replace the tabletop and do not know how to. I would even consider buying a new table but they are only sold with the chairs which I do not need. Two problems... dangerous situation with the glass shattering and also second, if this has been a problem as I have read, how come replacements are not available? Please help.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: July 5, 2015

I purchased my set of Martha Stewart Charlottetown 5 piece set and was very happy with the look and comfort of the set. My Father told me I'd better spray the cushions to protect them and I said they are for outdoor use. Within 2 months they had bad fade marks on half of each cushion. My set sat under a large covered patio gazebo. The sun hit them just at the bottom half. They look terrible! I looked into getting new replacements but they are so expensive. Not happy and unless you put them out of the sun they don't last 1 summer season.

Original review: July 3, 2015

I will let a few pics do the talking. Looks like every weld or end point was not properly coated for protection (welded joints failed completely). Ends of legs failed also. The top and tubing approaching the failures is still pristine.

Original review: June 30, 2015

I purchased Martha Stewart patio furniture- patio table set, 2 lounge chairs, 2 side tables, chat set & bar table set. Frames have a 5 year manufacturer warranty. One of my chairs broke at a weld in the frame but no one will help me with the warranty to get it repaired or replaced. So what good is a warranty if no one will honor it? Who is responsible, Home Depot, Martha Stewart or Casual Home? Order Number: ** Order Date: Aug 11, 2012 -sent email to 'custserv@homecasual.net' but it is undeliverable!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Martha Stewart Living?

Original review: June 30, 2015

It seems like the same story over and over again with many customers who purchased the Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture from Kmart. I have read all the complaints and to my surprise I am in the same situation. We purchased the complete set and the glass table top shattered the same way everyone has explained. The temperature today was 76 degrees and when I came home at 2:00 I found my table shattered. I am also very disappointed and it looks like there is no help for any of us.

Original review: June 29, 2015

We purchased a three-piece wicker set from Home Depot about two years ago. The cushions started to shred away just after the first year. I don't know what avenue to take to get this taken care of as Home Depot won't do a thing.

Original review: June 16, 2015

I went on my deck this morning and everything was fine. That afternoon when I returned home, we got a torrential rain storm. I looked out the door to check on my newly constructed gazebo and noticed a tremendous amount of glass on the deck. I looked up and saw the whole table top had completely shattered and glass was everywhere. It took me and my husband hours to sweep all the glass. I had multiple glass shards in my foot but thankfully no one was injured or eating at the table when it happened. There was no warning - just a shattered mess on my deck floor. Scary!! I will not purchase another glass table!!

Original review: June 12, 2015

We bought the complete set of Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture but, we place it in our cover lanai, never exposed to the sun. Suddenly the glass top crash in small pieces. I am placing a complaint at Kmart & I wonder if other affected people want to join in me. We deserve our money back, so we can replace it.

Original review: May 31, 2015

Sunny mild warm day no one at the table and the top exploded into hundreds of tiny pieces. Glass is everywhere on my deck, in the decking, even as far as the lawn and surrounding flower beds. Patio set is useless. Glass is impossible to clean it all up thoroughly. Now a danger to children and pets as well as myself and husband when working in our yard. This is unbelievable! There was absolutely no reason for this product to fail in this way.

Original review: May 27, 2015

I went out on my back deck to find that my table exploded. When I went online to see about ordering a replacement I saw that these tables have been doing this since 2005 and nothing has been done to recall the item. I bought my table back in 2007.

Original review: May 24, 2015

I purchased a Martha Stewart 3 piece patio set 2 chairs and table in 2012. It has been keep in garage in winter and covered in rain. The set has been used very little but last year I noticed the arms of one of the chairs is green. Is there anything you can do to remove this??

Original review: May 21, 2015

This afternoon when I got home I went out to my deck to find my Martha Stewart glass patio table shattered. We bought it two summers ago and barely have used it. Sadly it was expensive and I would like a replacement!

Original review: May 16, 2015

I have owned a Martha Stewart patio set for about 10 years. The set is stored indoors in the winter so is only outside about 4 months a year. This winter while stored indoors the glass lazy susan shattered into thousands of pieces. The cushions on the chairs are coming apart at the seams. I am very disappointed with the quality of this outdoor furniture. The glass shatter problem is a safety hazard and I am just lucky that it did not happen when my grandchildren were visiting.

Original review: May 5, 2015

I like many others have had the "shocking" experience of having my patio table explode in a million pieces. I bought the set from my local K-Mart in 2009, I still have the receipt and warranty information. I first contacted Martha Stewart and was told to contact K-Mart/Sears. I also have an address and phone number for the manufacturer for this needing it: Numark Industries | P.O. Box 693, Danville, Indiana 46122 | 800-457-4652

I called May 5, 2015 9:30AM and spoke to CRS named **, has been with the company one year. She first offered to waive shipping fees if I purchased a new glass top, then changed her story and said they no manufacture the Melrose Collection (there is a picture of the set on their website however, they still sell a screen enclosure set). I was told that I could put in writing my complaint to the company. I asked for the name of the company president and ** said she did not know who that was, "I just come in and do my job". She did know the name of her supervisor **. I believe these tables are a real danger to the public and should be recalled and replaced by the manufacturer, and those of us who shelled out $450.00 dollars should make Ms. Stewart and Sears/K-Mart aware we will not be purchasing any more items they sell unless they do the ethical thing that is right by their customers.

Original review: April 29, 2015

Just sitting outside with family and dog the table top just fell through bottom and shattered, Glass went everywhere. We were lucky no one was hurt. My dog will not go back there anymore. I would tell all do not buy Martha Stewart table.

Original review: April 28, 2015

I really love this set.. Chairs, cushions and table itself are in excellent condition... just the glass shattered suddenly... Having a difficult time trying to match a replacement for this table. The company should provide a replacement for all affected..

Original review: April 27, 2015

I purchased the six piece Lake Adela wicker patio set at home depot several years ago at the home depot, at a cost of approximately $1200.00. The set is on my lanai, and never exposed to the elements. Although the frames are beautifully designed, and appear to be sturdy, the cushions are a nightmare. The real shame is that the fabric seems to be very sturdy, but all of the cushions are stuffed with loose fill, and not nearly enough of it. Aside from the fact that before long you can feel every support under you, you are also lying down when you attempt to sit back. The other part is that you can't ever wash the fabric, because you will never get the loose fill back in the cushions properly (aside from the horrible mess). I priced having all of the cushions either replaced, or filled with solid foam, and it was going to cost more than the entire set either way.

Original review: April 17, 2015

I purchased an outdoor set from Walmart in April 2008 that has a 10 year structure warranty. The set still looks nice and new because every year I purchase a new set of covers. The set sits on my deck in the same spot since it came home. The problem is almost all the legs where they touch the deck have rotted out. The wicker is all that holds most legs. The table that is not always covered has all the wicker falling off. I buy a cover for it but there is not one for a table so it always blows off. The wicker is all falling off and the legs are rotten so it just warbles around. My main Complaint is NO ONE with Walmart or Internet can tell me what to do. I WANT MY WARRANTY HONORED MARTHA. I live alone and this set is very seldom used, it looks new until you sit on it and the legs fall apart with rust. I want Walmart and Martha to honor my warranty if they can afford it.

Original review: April 16, 2015

Martha Stewart Living Cascade Valley 7 Piece Dining Set - What was a lovely comfortable patio dining set turned out to be a disappointment!!! Three years after careful use the large table tempered glass imploded sending glass all over the paver patio when it hit the floor... luckily the unit was not being used at the time or else the obvious would have resulted. Sorry that Martha's name is connected to this product because I believe no one intentionally knew this tempered glass is defective... hope no one gets injured by this. Please someone that can do something out there LISTEN.

Original review: April 14, 2015

I purchased this product at home decorators. Within 2 years my cushions are faded, and torn from at the top. This is definitely a bad product. The replacement cushions are expensive and it seems that you have to buy a set instead of the top or bottom cushion. My chairs are not damaged so far. I did purchase 2 glass tables but have not yet used them. I will try calling the manufacturer to see if I can get a refund or replacement.

Original review: March 22, 2015

See photos. This Martha Stewart Charlottetown Outdoor Patio Set was purchased from Home Depot just over a year ago and the materials used in the fabric for the cushions almost immediately began to fade from the sunlight. The wicker seems to be holding up fine. However, when the wicker gets wet, the metal frame components rust and leave stains on the patio. Very poor quality materials used on this product. Replacement cushions are unreasonably expensive. Product should be used in covered, shaded patios only.

Original review: March 11, 2015

Do NOT purchase these chairs. We purchased 5 of them and the brown "all weather wicker" faded to PEA GREEN on 4-5 chairs and just some sides of them. They are made by Grand Basket Company and they do not stand behind their defective "all weather" wicker. If you want photos I can send plenty and they are not in direct sunlight.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2015

I purchased a Martha Stewart Mallorca patio set from Home Depot in 2010. I paid $550 for this 6 chair (2 swivel) and rectangular glass top table set. It remained in the box for one year until my son put it together for me. Because I am a widow and live alone, the set was hardly used. So I kept it covered most of the time. In less than a year, the table top and chair arms began to rust. The cushions became porous and faded. By the second season, it looked like I had left it out uncovered for years.

A friend of mine recommended that I have it sand basted and powder coated. Of course, to have this done we had to remove all the chair straps and the bolts on the swivel chairs (which were all rusted) first. After the treatment, my set is now beautiful. However, I had to purchase new straps and screws which my son had to install and finding cushions online that didn't cost a fortune. All this cost me about $1,000.00. Now my concern after reading other complaints, is that the glass table top might shatter and I have grandchildren who visit often. I would never purchase or recommend a product with Martha Stewart's name on it, ever again. Her products are costly and cheaply made. Martha Stewart, you should be ashamed of yourself!!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2014

Another victim of the exploding table top. Have been trying to find a replacement for the 41 1/4" glass. Has anyone else been able to find a suitable replacement or has MS stepped up and replaced those that have shattered? Also bought from Home Depot.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2014

I have gone through two table tops that have both shattered for no apparent reason. Very unhappy with this as I have two kids that are around the table on a daily basis. We are lucky they were not by it when it shattered. Absolutely unacceptable and demand a resolution.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2014

Bought a Martha Stewart Living patio set at Home Depot earlier this year. The glass cocktail table top shattered for no apparent reason earlier this month. The set is on an enclosed, air conditioned porch. Can anyone tell me how to rectify this? I went to Home Depot and they told me it's covered under warranty and suggested I contact the manufacturer. I'm having trouble locating anyone at MS who will discuss the issue after attempting several times to contact customer service. Any ideas?

Original review: Oct. 28, 2014

We purchased 5 piece set from Home Depot 2011. Glass top table 4 swivel rockers. Wellington Collection. This year one chair has broken throwing my husband sideways on the deck. The second time was my husband again. This was 2 weeks ago. Might add he has a back that has given him problems for years. We are down now to 2 chairs and questioning as to sitting in either. Now we also hear about the glass on the table. WHAT NEXT? (leisure living) via Martha Stewart takes on a whole new meaning. The company that manufactures Wellington needs to rethink their design and make restitution to their customers that bought this faulty merchandise.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2014

We purchased a Martha stewart patio set from Home Depot in 2011 and the glass shattered within the first two days. Home Depot replaced it and just about three years later our glass shattered again today. I'm so happy my kids weren't out there playing, but something really needs to be done about this. It's not a safe product and it's a complete waste of money.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2014

Purchased a 8 piece Martha Stewart Patio set in 2011. The glass shattered yesterday for no apparent reason. We take good care of the set. Store it indoors in the winter. We have three small children and luckily they were at school and not in the yard playing. My husband cleaned up the glass from our porch yesterday and today he's going to try to get all the tiny pieces out of our lawn (over 6 ft from where the table stands).

Martha Stewart Outdoor Furniture Company Information