Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture

3.7/5 (498 ratings)

About Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Jan. 6, 2023

I bought a set of dining table and chairs several years ago from Macy's Furniture. The sales guy promoted the WORRYNOMORE furniture warranty and promised fully money back after 7 years if no repair was requested during 7 years. 7 years later, WORRYNOMORE refused to refund my money even though I had never submitted any repair requests. This is a total scam, please avoid if you don't want to throw your money into water!

Original review: Dec. 16, 2022

Bought a $2,000 couch from Macy's furniture gallery in Denver. Told him I needed a chaise on the left side. Waited 3 months for the couch. Finally had a delivery day for the couch in Dec and took off work to be there. Got a vm saying my macy's credit card wouldn't work. No reason for it not to work but I called them back immediately same day and paid for the couch but they refused to keep my delivery time and pushed it another week. I explained I took off work for the original delivery and could not be there for the new delivery. Asked to speak to a manager and he said he'd ask delivery to call me but then hung up on me.

All customer service agents are in another country, barely speak English, read off a book, and are not helpful in actually resolving issues. I called 3 times and could not get help. Delivery never called. Extremely stressful. I had to beg the maintenance guy to let them in my apt for the delivery since I couldn't be there. Come home to find out that they delivered a RIGHT chaise couch! Went to the store and they are now ordering me the correct couch and I have to be home again for them to pick up the incorrect couch. Taking off work again. The correct couch will take another 3 months. 6 months without a couch. Can't reach anyone in the US to actually get anything resolved. All numbers are not working. Non US agents will not do anything. The absolute worst furniture buying experience I've ever had.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

Macy's Furniture Warranty plan is Worry No More...DO NOT PURCHASE THIS when buying their wonderful furniture! I never had any work done on my furniture..I called and filed a claim to have them fix a puncture on my recliner. THEY REFUSED to repair the puncture because he/their furniture repairman said I had cat claws on the front of the chair. He refused to repair my recliner! Seven years has passed and I never used my warranty of $458.00 and they are refusing to give me just due credit because I filed the claim. They refused to repair on my recliner! This Worry No More is a fraud! I have a friend that experienced the same thing! So they are doing this to more people! Do not purchase the warranty protection on Macy's Furniture!! They do not give you a refund/credit after 7 years as their sales consultants sell you on!!

Original review: Nov. 23, 2022

I purchased a leather couch from Macy's Tukwila store on 09/04/22 and it was delivered on 09/14/2022. After using the couch for a few days, we realized that the sofa cushions are not firm and they were sagging a lot. The couch that we saw and sat on in the store had very firm cushions and that is the reason we chose this couch. After reporting the issue to Macy's, they sent a technician to inspect it. The technician agreed that there is a problem with the spring system with all four sections of the couch and he has seen this problem multiple times before. The same technician came to fix the couch after a week. He mentioned that he will be fixing three of the four seats since he only got work order for three.

The same technician inspected the issue and agreed that the issue exists in all four seats but still got work order for three seats. Why? I asked the technician again about the reason for the sagging issue and he mentioned that the springs have worn out. How can the springs worn out in less than two months with minimal use? Instead of replacing the spring system, he used a hacky solution to fix it by putting a cut out piece of wood under the spring so that it doesn't let the cushion move. How can you justify such a fix on a sofa which was purchased two months ago? The fix improved sagging a bit but not enough to make the couch comfortable to sit on, nor did it match the firmness of the couch we saw in the store.

After applying the hacky fix on two of the seats, the technician asked if he should fix the third seat as well. I declined the offer as the fix was not really working and might do more damage to the couch in the long run. I contacted customer service and they said that the technician submitted a report saying that the job was complete even though we were never satisfied with the fix and the technician only applied the fix on two out of four seats. After too much back and forth, customer service agreed to replace the couch and gave me a sales check number but didn't confirm if they will be replacing the entire couch or parts of it. They asked me to contact the store to confirm this. Weird, isn't it? They created the sales check but they couldn't confirm what's included in the sales check. Why?

Anyways, I contacted the store and the store associate told me that they will get back to me with this information. After not receiving a call for more than 4 hours, I called again and the associate confirmed that only one seat will be replaced. I tried to contact customer service again, but the brilliant voice response system that they have put in place is not connecting me to a human agent, nor I am getting any response on email.

First, they frauded me by sending poor quality merchandise which is nowhere close in comfort to the one on display in the store, then the technician submitted a false report of the fix and the customer service is honoring technician's report instead of listening to my complaint and then they duped me by replacing only a part of the couch instead of the entire couch. And don't forgot the multiple hours I spent writing emails and calling customer service. I'll probably have to live with this couch for a while since it's pretty pricey but I am never going to this fraud store again.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2022

The purpose of the 10 years bedding warranty is to make you purchase from them, and their delivery guys will get rid of any of their defective products to your house, and when you reported and try to call them, they won't picked up their phone and if you get them on the phone they have stories to tell you, that they will give you only a small amount of money from your purchase, and they don't want to take back their defective product.

I purchased a mattress from Macy's in 2019, my order was a FIRM MATTRESS, and suddenly we had COVID-19 circulate and everybody was very afraid to get people inside of their home. I visited the Macy's store where I purchased the mattress, they told me to call Macy's bedding and furniture I did, and they gave me an appointment to come in 30 days.

What's killing me, they sent a stupid guy to inspect the mattress who didn't even have on hand a tape measurement, but I think that I am in America, he carried a piece of orange cord to do inspection. What kind of measurement can someone get with a piece of cord? I was watching during all the time, and now Macy's department goes according to this guy report and told me that they cannot take the defective mattress back. I am not going to lose my money.

Macy's damages on the mattress were:
    1. Uneven mattress
    2. When 2 people sleep on the bed 1 side has a BIG WHOLE
    3. Other side is upward

4. The side with the BIG WHOLE is downward

Because of their stupidness I am suffering with lower back pain and body ache, I am afraid to sleep on the mattress. Besides that they told me that I have to wait for 90 days, they will send another person to inspect that damaged bed until January 15, 2023.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2022

You will regret buying the extra warranty on the furniture. It's up to you to remember the purchase date and 5 or 7 years after that to claim it. A friend of mine bought tons of furniture and they never bothered to contact her. I bought a leather couch and I was further encouraged to purchase an additional warranty. The sales associate said that if I don't claim the warranty within a given time and do not require repair, I'd get my $200 back in the form of a gift certificate. The gift certificate would allow me to purchase any item in the store. He said it would be $200.

A couple of years ago, I thought I was due that redemption so, I went to the furniture department. Another sales associate repeated the same thing. He reminded me that I was a couple of years early. When I claimed it, it came in a form of a voucher which has an expiration date; it's 90 days after issuance. Plus they took off $2, so $198 was my total. Then the final kicker was the department was limited to the Furniture department. I can buy Rugs and Mattresses. If this is not a scam I'm not sure what is. They should just offer to give half back in gift cards to spend in any department. Their strategy is that most people will forget to claim it themselves. I have never been so disgusted by a merchant like this before.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2022

If you ever buy any furniture, do not buy a "WorryNoMore Warranty", it is fraud. They just want to take your money. I waste my money on them. I had bought other furniture warranties in the past and never had this problem before.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2022

Bought the Mazia sectional set, 5 pieces. Junk furniture, poorly made. The recliner was fixed 3 times, even had the extended warranty. Seat cushion and leg cushion bunched, flattened, can't even sit on it comfortably anymore. Poor service, lame customer support. Will never buy from Macy's again.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Over 7 years ago I purchased 2 Recliners for a Total of $1000 at Macy's Furniture online in Denver, Colorado. At the time of purchasing these 2 Recliners, I also purchased a protection service for $198 called WorryNoMore that is to be redeemed in the form of a $198 voucher since I did not use this service. I did qualify and received my $198 WorryNoMore Voucher that has turned out to be a complete scam. I can only buy Rugs, Mattresses or Furniture. This voucher can only be used for a "scheduled delivery" item with the lowest delivery rate of $75. In other words, there is no free delivery with any "scheduled delivery" item unless that "scheduled delivery" item is over $750.

If I buy a "scheduled delivery" allowed product for $119 then the $198 voucher only covers the $119 product plus the sales tax but not the $75 Delivery Fee that I would have to pay with my Platinum Macy's AMEX Credit Card. What a complete ripoff. I get free delivery on anything for any amount online with my Macy's AMEX CARD as a Platinum member but not with the Macy's WorryNoMore $198 voucher. I am fuming. I hope a legal lawsuit is brought against this WorryNoMore Protection SCAM. DO NOT PURCHASE THE WORRYNOMORE PROTECTION PROGRAM SCAM OR YOU WILL LIVE TO REGRET IT.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Aug. 4, 2022 The Delivery carrier showed up and did $800.00 in damages to my house a BRAND NEW HOUSE! Only received half of my order that was placed back in Feb. 2022. It is now Aug. 22, 2022 and no one from carrier has contacted me to have the damages fix, customer service at Macy's is awful. Spoke to on Duty Manager Krystal who was a little helpful. Got her ext. but can't get a hold of her and the on Duty Manager Mercedes won't even speak to me. Told me that I need to give them more time? It is going on 3 weeks? Told her come get the couch and now they want me to pay for shipping to pick it up? WTH! I would never buy anything from Macy's again not even a shirt. AWFUL SERVICE!!

Macy's - Furniture Company Information