Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture

3.8/5 (367 ratings)

About Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's - Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: April 25, 2022

I purchased the Rachael Ray Chelsea bedroom set and a mattress with the White Glove Delivery Service in July 2021. After multiple delays, I was given a delivery date for my furniture but only the mattress was delivered. It took multiple phone calls to my sales agent and customer service to figure out that nobody seemed to know when the rest of the furniture would be in stock. I was also charged for Worry No More, which I never even purchased. It took several calls to the billing department to correct. After another month, I was given my delivery date. The chest arrived damage so was advised to refuse delivery. I was never told that this would mean the price of the chest would be deducted from my original bill and recharged once delivered.

Since I bought it on a sale, the Billing Department was confused on how much to actually deduct and re-charge, which resulted in several more calls to get that corrected. There were two more attempts to deliver my chest (each one month apart) but both still with significant damage (one of them actually had a giant hole through the chest which looked like a pole has gone through it). Finally, after another month, a non damaged chest arrived. However, the delivery men DRAGGED it across my brand new floors, steps, and put several holes in my wall (I will also add that none of my White Glove Delivery people ever took their shoes off, smelled heavily of cigarette smoke, etc. so would hardly call them “White Glove”).

I contacted Macy’s to inform them of the damage to my home and furniture. After nearly two hours of the customer service rep screaming at me, I was only given a $30 refund for damage to my home (it cost significantly more to actually repair and some is not even able to fully be repaired). It has also now taken 2 visits from the technician (there were also 2 times in which the appointment was cancelled at 5 PM the day prior) and the chest is still damaged - the top drawer does not close properly. I have been told that Macy’s will contact me if they are willing to replace the broker drawer.

So, after 9 months, dozens of calls to Macy’s with the rudest customer service team I have ever encountered, and a few thousand dollars later, I am left with lingering damage to my home and a broken piece of furniture. I am beyond disgusted with Macy’s furniture and will never purchase anything from them again. My family members who have also been loyal customers of Macy’s for decades will also not return to them. I STRONGLY URGE everyone to avoid purchasing furniture from this terrible company!

Original review: April 21, 2022

I cannot believe the ridiculous service we have received from the "Worry No More" warranty company. We have owned our sectional for more than 4 years with no issue. Now there was an accident with the fabric, we reported the claim and told it was a covered incident (pet accident). They sent a service technician from the wrong type cleaning company who told us it would be covered but they needed to send the correct company out. Then we hear back that there was TOO MUCH urine on the couch for it to be covered under the warranty. Really? What a rip off. Now we have paid extra money to have this couch covered and it was absolutely useless. Not to mention, they waited a week to decide this and now that we have to try to clean it ourselves is has just sat there. We will not be purchasing furniture from Macy's again.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 8, 2022

The sales team is trained to lie to you about the "Worry no more" plan. This was sold at $400 and was to cover all pet damages. They were very clear when purchasing this $4200 sofa that I don't even have to worry about my puppy chewing it apart. It is all covered. Well? Simple claw marks damaged the leather and I went to turn in the claim. They said it was NOT covered since this was my neglect to train my dog. I will no longer be purchasing from Macy's Furniture Also, DONT BUY FURNITURE FROM HERE SINCE MACY'S IS VERY CLOSE TO BANKRUPTCY. The store won't live long enough to cover your furniture even if it is "covered". Don't believe the sales team! They are trained to lie for the sale!

Original review: April 4, 2022

We bought two expensive recliners from Macy's. The salesperson talked us into purchasing a warranty on them. Years later still under the warranty, the chairs had problems. We found out they were made in China. Macy's had us call the warranty department--Worry no more. What a joke. This second party then contacted a third party who sends out a fourth party to inspect the chairs. First decides they were not manufactured correctly and orders new parts. After waiting months, the fourth party now says it is too far to drive and hangs up. Worry no more, cancels the warranty, we have no redress. What is Macy's doing? What kind of store leaves these problems to the fourth party. DO NOT PURCHASE A MACY'S WARRANTY!! IT IS WORTHLESS.

Original review: March 19, 2022

Advising to anyone out there to never buy furniture at Macy's, very poor quality and if you were to purchase furniture, DO NOT purchase the Worry No More Protection Plan, it is a total rip off! I discovered a 2 inch material flaw in the cushion of our sectional within the year of our purchase. I called to file a claim with the plan, first off, they couldn't find that I purchased the plan, I had to send a copy of the receipt that showed it was purchased. Then I had to wait 2 months for a technician to come over. Then the technician told me they would put in a request for a new cushion cover and said it could take several months because of covid.

9 months go by and I finally call. I'm told that material flaws are not covered. It does not say specifically in their coverage but how they get away with basically covering nothing is a clause that says "Anything not specifically listed in the COVERAGE section is excluded" But, if my dog was to accidentally rip with his claws, they would cover that, supposedly, but I'm sure there is a clause that would exempt that as well. Absolutely makes no sense! The material flaw was from the manufacture, not anything I did, they don't stand behind their own product. The salesperson will tell you how wonderful this plan is and that it covers EVERYTHING! DO NOT FALL FOR IT!!! Don't even buy the furniture here. The sectional we purchased is terrible. Back and seat cushions sag and I'm constantly trying to fix them. My advice, go to a reputable furniture store to buy your furniture!

Original review: March 10, 2022

I just purchased a storage bench with ottomans. On sale. Great, right? This was obviously a return. One ottoman is soiled and dirty. So, Macy's is selling returns on sale without the buyer's knowledge!!! This is unacceptable!!!!

Original review: March 9, 2022

If I could give zero stars, I would. I purchased an entire bedroom set at the end of November and was told by the Sales Associate that everything was in stock and would be expected for delivery in January. Come January, customer service notified me and said the order was NOT in stock and that the furniture was expected to arrive to the warehouse in February. Another notification a couple weeks later came through extending to March, then yet another extending to April.

Out of nowhere, Macy's contacts me in February saying the whole set magically appeared in the warehouse and was ready to be delivered. The set was delivered to my home damaged. The delivery driver took pictures and sent away to Macy's to initiate the exchange process, however I was not notified the process was initiated and had to contact customer service myself.

A week later, a new delivery driver shows up to swap out the damaged product with the new one. He called upon arrival and refused to deliver my furniture as my walkway was not shoveled. There was a light dusting of snow on the ground and posed no issues. I asked if I could hurry up and sweep the walkaway to which he replied "I don't have time to wait around for you and have other stops." I proceeded to run outside and shovel my walkway immediately as the two delivery drivers were still parked outside. As I was done in less than 1 minute and clearly pointed to them that the walkway was clear, they drove away and did not deliver my furniture.

Macy's credited me $80 for my "inconvenience" and doesn't have a definite time to provide me as to when my furniture will be re-delivered. There is also no statement on Macy's website or sales check information that states your walkway must be cleared prior to delivery. Perhaps Macy's should review their White Glove Delivery Commitment policy. The delivery drivers are outsourced so it's not even a real Macy's employee. They are simply LAZY! Never buy a piece of furniture from Macy's. They will give you the run around and just take your money. Never again will I purchase any item from this trash company.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I ordered a sofa on 9/18/21. Was told it may take up to 6 weeks to receive. Ok, no problem. Then I called on 11/16/21 and was told Order was delayed, called again on 12/7/21 was told it will be in warehouse on 1/19/22. Ok, more delays and was compensated $150. Called again on 1/31/22. They said they should be calling me next week to set up delivery. Ya, moved my old couch to make room. Compensated $200. Well, as you can guess, no delivery. Called today 2/17/22 and told same thing, should be scheduling delivery this week. I finally ask for a manager, ya, that was ** too. Manager confirmed that warehouse still has it in a container and there it sits. Macy's is full of it and just hands you a bunch of ** to string you along. Oh, and they cap compensation at 35% of your order. Nice to know. Will never shop there again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I ordered two bed frames and one mattress and box spring set from Macy's online. The items were listed as in stock, and I paid for White Glove Delivery. The first time my delivery was scheduled, they called the day of and said their truck had broken down. The earliest replacement delivery window wasn't until 7 days later. The second time my delivery was scheduled, the truck arrived but the items they had were not what I ordered. So I had to reschedule the delivery a third time (again, having to wait a week). The third time the truck showed up, again with the incorrect items, except for one, which was the item but clearly was a returned mattress, sloppily repacked and dirty as well. Three strikes and you're out. I had to cancel my order. Shame on you, Macy's.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I purchased a leather couch and loveseat from Macy's about 1 1/2 years ago (the furniture came in December 2020). I never buy extended warranties. But the salesman told me that the warranty covered pet damage - and I was replacing my current couch due to pet damage from several pets over the years. Against my better judgement I let the salesman talk me into buying the coverage.

Fast forward to December 2021, and my current dog damaged the couch - a rip on one of the cushions, claw marks on the top back. I contacted WorryNoMore and submitted everything they asked - pictures and a video. I was told someone would come to my house and repair the damage. The technician came, looked at the couch, took more pictures and then told me "he couldn't repair" the damage. Someone would get back to me.

Sure enough, the claim was denied because "it appears that the reported issue is not explicitly listed in the coverage section of your protection plan. According to the terms and conditions, anything not specifically listed in the COVERAGE section is excluded and, therefore, ineligible for service." If you read the coverage, it's very vague - coverage for accidental stains and/or damage. How is this not covered? I tried appealing, but of course it was denied. This is a scam - don't waste your money!

Macy's - Furniture Company Information