Macy's - Furniture
1.34/5
Based on 47 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Macy's - Furniture

512 Macy's - Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: June 8, 2018

The sectional is beautiful but the delivery was an awful experience. Two men who literally had to carry in 5 pieces through open garage into room behind garage. They were rude and had no intention of doing ANY extra work. I asked them to move the old sectional into the garage where they just came from (SAME LEVEL). They refused and called Macy’s when I highlighted that the delivery specifically says ”We will move like pieces into room on same level”. They were instructed by corporate to do the job, and they did. They made several rude comments that I chose to ignore. I’m so mad at myself for tipping them!!! I’m just used to being nice.

Now, I was about to call to pay for the extended furniture protection plan because the woman gave me a hard sell about how it protects for everything and it would be silly not to purchase it. Before I made the call, I decided to Google and see if everyone was satisfied with the protection plan. THANK GOD I DID!!! The plan sounds completely worthless... THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO WARN ME!! You honestly just saved me about $500.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Purchased with 5 year protection plan in 2015. Specifically told by Macy's salesperson that protection plan covered sagging cushions. Liam armless recliner (most used in the house), started sagging after one year. Called Macy's and they referred me to Worrynomore, who told me it was not covered. Deceptive sales practice, to say the least. Goodbye, Macy's! We've spent our last dime with you. Have fun going the way of Sears.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have read countless post of consumers who fell for this worthless plan that MACY's push onto customers. I am one of those customers who bought into this pain staking-worthless plan. I wish consumers who reads these reviews adhere to our complaints about this and not support Macy's corporate scam. My experience with this retailer is less than satisfying with all their products excessively overpriced and piss poor customer services. Straight to the point about this scam; I have filed for a return immediately when qualified to do so at/near 7 years of CLAIM FREE. I then come to find out that this process of retrieving my entitled money is nowhere near hassle-free. I filed my claim in FEB 2018 and received a partial payment in MAR 2018, then I called WorryNoMore to find out the problem and they referred me to Macy's customer service.

The representative told me that I have three (3) separate SALESCHECK# which I had no idea of because they broken them down by DELIVERY DATES (not based off your single transaction salescheck #). So now I have to file for the remaining balance again and wait for my second check to come. Keep in mind that these checks are only valid for 90 days from issuance, so what this means is that I have to make two (2) separate purchase with this return when it should've been a complete refund based off that single salescheck. CORPORATE SCAM to take hard earned money from consumers.

The customer service could've easily inform the customer that they have X amount of salescheck on file to be claim and suggest the best plan of action for the customer to retrieve their money back. Failure on corporate and management! Macy's, if you are reading this. You need to be ashamed of yourself for being in business this long and not listening and fixing massive amount of complaints of your products. I am no longer your customer... Thank you for existing.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I was at Macy's (Sherman Oaks) on Saturday 5/19/2018, found a single show in the last act section which was my size but could not find the other pair. I asked this beautiful saleslady name Lena if she could find the other pair for me because I liked the show very much. She checked her handheld computer and said that they should have the other pair. She then went in the warehouse and could not find it. She said she will look in the final sales and we both started looking but I had almost given up when she came and showed me the other pair. I was so impressed with her patience and kindness, never lost her cool and was very pleasant. I have to say have not had a better salesperson in my life. Her name is LENA and I would like the management to know she deserved recognition. Excellent employee. Thanks.

Original review: May 18, 2018

The WorryNoMore Plan is absolutely worthless. There was a small scratch which was caused when my young daughter with a picture frame on a nightstand we had purchased less than three years ago. The scratch was just deep enough to show the bare wood and about a half inch long. I called to file the claim and was instructed to send pictures of the damage. The next day after sending the pictures I received a response back. The claim was denied as the pictures "reflected an accumulation of damages". There were some other surface marks but again the nightstand was three years old and I said I just wanted them to fix the scratch caused by the picture frame and was told by the service representative this is something they cannot do.

So unless you keep your furniture in pristine condition the company will just use the "reflected an accumulation of damages" to deny the claim. I have purchased several bedroom furniture sets and some living room furniture also from Macy's and thought since they are a reasonable reputable company the associated plan would also be somewhat reasonable and valuable but I will never again purchase the WorryNoMore protection plan as the name itself is very misleading and a scam in itself.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: May 17, 2018

Purchased an outdoor patio set (Sofa & 3 chairs) about 20 months ago. A few months after we started using our furniture, a couple of the buttons on the sofa came off. The cushion started to lose its shape. Since then our furniture has become stained and all buttons on all cushions have since dry rotted and came off. I call Macy's and they would not help. I had purchased a protection plan but the buttons are not covered even though the cushions do not maintain their shape. I was told by WorryNoMore.Com that my protection plan claim could not be approved because of the time frame but mainly because buttons were not covered. THANKS MACY's for pushing the replacement plans that virtually do nothing. The requirements for getting a warranty approval are so stringent there is no way that 95% of your customers could never get a claim approved.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I am very unhappy with the WORRYNOMORE warranty I purchased when I bought my Macy's furniture. I filed claims online for two pieces of furniture with small damage. A technician came to repair the white chest and said he didn't have white paint. He put a white stain on instead and I could still see the damage. He said they could order a replacement drawer. I never heard from anyone about it so I messaged online to ask if the drawer was going to be a replaced. Then I got an e-mail weeks later saying they were exchanging the whole dresser. I didn't know how to get in touch with anyone because I didn't see their number on their website.

I finally called Macy's to cancel the delivery because I read in the very fine print of my policy that once you exchange an item... It will no longer be covered by the warranty. I am so dissatisfied. Macy's finally connected me to WORRYNOMORE and they said there was nothing they could do. The warranty was a waste of money. I've only had the piece for a year and now I have to exchange it because of small damage and the item will no longer be covered. Communication with them was not good at all... Their customer service is terrible.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I was told by the salesmen when I bought my couch and love seat from Macy's Furniture and sold the additional warranty that the price of the warranty would show up as a statement credit after 7 years if I did not use the warranty. 7 years comes and goes, no credit, I email Macy's. They have no idea what I'm talking about, tells me to call the CC customer line, I call them, they cannot locate anything on file. They send me off to Worry No More, which is the warranty holder. They say that yes in fact my 7 years were up in November 2017 but I had 90 days to call them to request a statement credit. Terrible and shady sales tactics.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We purchased a Leonardo leather sofa and loveseat from Macy's 9/9/2011, and a Worry No More protection policy for $218.00. Our leather loveseat developed a small spot, I wiped the spot with a damp towel. The brown color wiped right off the cushion. We could not believe our eyes! Our "Worry No More" policy was still good, so I contacted the company, they sent out a man to take pictures. We got a denial reply. We filed another letter of dispute and was denied help again. The second letter of denial stated "It was determined by our service technician that damages are attributed to a manufacturing defect in leather". DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON WORRY NO MORE PROTECTION, It is a ripoff and Macy's should be ashamed for selling this dishonest policy. So very disappointed in Macy's and www.warrantyservice.com.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We bought a sectional from Macy’s a Kelly Rippa brand. What a disaster!!! The chaise is sinking so badly that no one can really sit on it and it has been a year now and we are not living in this house all year round. Feathers from all cushions are flying everywhere and other cushions are starting to sink in now. It is so uncomfortable to sit on this sectional that we are considering getting a new one but feeling bad because it has been only a year that we got it. We contacted customer service and they sent a guy who was very unprofessional and said that by their standards the sectional is fine although he could see the sinking of the chaise and other cushions. It has been a terrible experience and not expected from Macy’s. We are so disappointed and don’t encourage anyone to buy from their furniture department and especially the Bad Rippa collection.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Don’t waste your money getting the Worry No More service contract. It isn’t worth the paper it is printed on. I was given the hard sell by 2 different people when purchasing my sectional. I finally relented due to the assurances that if my sectional didn’t hold up, they would replace or repair my furniture. I got nothing but excuses from the representative when filing my claim. I was put on extended holds (over an hour altogether) and my email went unanswered. They finally told me my claim needed to be filled 15 days from when I noticed the damage. Nowhere in my contract is that stated. Bye Macy’s.

Resolution response: April 7, 2018

A replacement couch was never dispatched to me because the warehouse took forever to reschedule the delivery. After some time dealing with this I decided to just cancel the order all together. At that point I was so fed up with Macy’s service and nervous about how they would handle larger issues in the future if something else were to go wrong. I liked the couch but it wasn’t worth the hassle in my opinion. Macy’s allowed me to return the couch and gave me a 100 percent refund.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Wish I could leave zero stars. Macy's sales have declined in recent years and it's easy to see why. They could learn a thing or two from Amazon about customer service. I ordered a sofa on Feb. 22 and initially had some issues with my bank accepting the payment because every time Macy's would try to take the money out of my account my bank would flag it as fraud because it was a large purchase. This went on for a while with me calling Macy's and my bank at least 5 times. I partially blame my bank because the fraud security process is a bit frustrating but I also blame Macy's because it doesn't make any sense as to why they couldn't just use the same authorization hold to take out the money after the couch was delivered.

Finally, almost a month after Feb. 22 I get a delivery date for my new couch. Because the couch was delivered on the weekend apparently the hold is canceled after 72 hours and they returned the money which is now causing a huge issue because of course my bank flagged the charge again for fraud and now, even though I made multiple attempts to try to pay for the couch, I have to wait for a letter in the mail to send the payment again.

After having the couch for less than a day I noticed that there were multiple seams that looked like they had begun to crack and peel and every single leg has a ding on it. It looks like they tried to give me a used couch! I immediately called back to complain and was told that a technician would have to come and look at the damage. After being given the run around I finally just hung up with the customer service agent and called back and finally got someone who was willing to help. He was probably the most helpful person I have spoken to during my whole experience. He was honest and offered to exchange the couch. I was given a delivery date for 72 hours from the date that I called.

On the day of the delivery it snowed, which I understand, but no one called me to let me know what had happened to my furniture or when I could expect it. I had to call to get additional information and no one can tell me anything other than they can't get in touch with the dispatch. I also never received the information on the warranty I purchased so I had to call them about that and have gotten at least two different answers from customer service. It's sad because the couch is a very nice piece and it's the right amount of firmness for my bad back but I am never doing business with Macy's again after this experience. I wish I had visited ConsumerAffairs before I bought this couch. It has been a nightmare dealing with Macy's.

Original review: March 20, 2018

We were sold this protection plan by the salesperson. She boasted that if ANYTHING happens to the couch, vomit, pet mess, colored markers (our 2 yo was with us), they would come out and clean the couch. I've purchased plans like these before and never needed them, but erring on the side of having a toddler, we bought the plan. Our kid was just vomit-sick for the first time. What I could not catch ended up on the couch. We immediately washed the area with the provided solution. There was no visible spot, but the smell did not go away. We washed the area again the following day. No luck.

My husband downloaded the Worry No More app and submitted the claim. The app was not easy to use and provided no confirmation. Turns out their solution was to send us more cleaning product. I called Macy's and they were astounded that this was the situation and were also under the impression that they would send a cleaner. They told me what to say, I called Worry No More and said exactly what Macy's said. Their response "we don't cover smells". Zero customer service. That's it. Brand new couch ruined. We honestly wouldn't have bought a new couch with a toddler if we knew it wouldn't be covered. Shame on Macy's for using such a terrible company to take care of their products, and shame on Worry No More for taking money and providing zero customer service.

Original review: March 6, 2018

The men they sent to deliver the furniture were mentally challenged and damaged the couch they were delivering and my wall and ceiling. And now I hear nothing but excuses. The difference between me and most people complaining on this site is I am the type to spend a hundred dollars and take Macy's to small claims court. When the salesman attempted to scam me with the worry free service I told my spouse, “Good luck trying to get the money back if we do not use it,” and now I read this service is a scam and they will look for any reason to cheat a consumer. I feel great knowing I called it about the worry free service.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I purchased a dinette from Macy's, 2 weeks prior to booked delivery, they never showed or called regarding delivery on Saturday. This is unacceptable. If Macy's did not charge to cancel I would cancel. This is sad for a company this big, they need to get a new delivery service to fix the problem, I will never buy from Macy's furniture again. I am retired and the furniture person could have told me Saturday is busy. A weekday would be a better choice. Also I called all day starting at 10 am to 5 pm. No answer until they closed, the employees are running the show and management is slacking.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I will never shop at Macy's again and will do everything to warn other consumers. I ordered 2 pieces of furniture and they were scheduled for delivery. Then I received an email saying there was a delay in delivery to the warehouse, and I had to call and confirm that I still wanted the 2 items. Then I received an email saying merchandise was in warehouse followed by a second email asking me to schedule delivery. I scheduled delivery and received a confirmation email.

A few days before delivery I called Customer Service to confirm the time window of delivery and was told the merchandise did not exist, that I wasn't scheduled for delivery, and that my order was cancelled. This is ridiculous. Was I supposed to sit at home waiting for delivery of an order that Macy's apparently had decided to cancel and didn't bother to inform me of? I was told by a customer service rep on the phone that the emails were "automated," as if that is a valid excuse for a total lack of communication and information.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Purchased a $5,000 couch through Macy’s, the saleslady talked us into the warranty program, “Worry No More” assuring us that if anything at all went wrong with the couch the warranty would take care of it. Soon we had several issues and called “Worry No More”. THEY REPAIRED NOTHING!!! No more Macy’s for us!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I bought a Leather Sectional Sofa, almost equal to the Natuzzi brand but honestly can't remember on top of my head. But at that time, I did a lot of research and bought it for about $2500 for 3 pcs including a chaise at the end. It was on sale... either Memorial Day or Fourth of July. I think the reason the majority of the (bad) reviews are about the item they bought rather than the service they received from Macy's Furniture Department. It's true Macy's should stand behind the item they offer to their customers, but I already know furniture is a very iffy product. Majority are just bad. You have to be the smart consumer.

Many people think they bought leather but they have many names for faux (fake) leather that most people don't know. Like Bonded leather, PU leather, leatherette, vegan leather, pleather, etc. Then there's the ones with fancy names b/c it's a proprietary blend and they stick the word "leather" at the end. Note none of these are leather. Then there is the different types of leather quality... I like to buy top grain and leather furniture from Europe. Way better than China leather. Again... research. Top grain might not be the most aesthetically pleasing but it's the most durable from my experience.

Anyways, I did wish Macy's carried more brand name furniture, but I also see why they don't. And most of the time they offer something similar but not the same.

Their deals are really good when they have their Home sale. Also their delivery was on time and the guys did a good job delivering it and putting it together. A couple years later I noticed the chaise was sinking so I called them to take a look (part of manufacture warranty) and the guy was nice again and he ended up just putting more stuffing inside and told me how to do it next time since most likely it'll flatten again and I won't have my warranty. It looked easy enough. So I'm a happy Macy's customer.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

My partner & I went to the Macy's store in Galleria Mall in Henderson Nevada to purchase a mattress & box spring. First of all, the salesperson showed us to the mattress that we asked about that we seen on sale. She took us there. Left and never to return. While telling us the one on sale was not available in queen size only twin. Well we figured we can test it knowing the queen would be just bigger. We decided the bed was perfect to our liking. So we hunted down the salesperson that took us on drop off and said we will take it. Well the one we tested was a pillow top mattress and we were under the impression this would be the one ordered by her since she dropped us off there and told us this was the bed. Needless to say waiting for a 10 day delivery totally different mattress.

Called customer service. All you get is lip service, "Sorry," but no change can be done because of a price difference is more," but if the salesperson would have come to check on us and tell us at the time of the sale we would not be bedless. And a customer service by the name of David was very nasty and literally told me I was crazy for thinking I would be able to get the mattress that cost more for the sale price. Macy's does not care about their customers because this is one less that will be shopping with them! And I have a family of no less than 34 and I will tell them not shop there and anyone else who does not want to feel that your dollar is appreciated and they could give a flip about the true person who comes in the door! Up sale the customer any way you have too...

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Don't waste your money or time buying this warranty (WorryNoMore 7 years) from Macy’s. This is a scam. Also customer service is terrible. I wasn’t rude I was very polite. They just hang up on me. I filed a claim about a stain on my sofa. They said it’s doesnt cover because I waited more than 15 days to file a claim... I explain to them this was my first time doing this and I only late 8 days. They still rejected me. It makes me feel so frustrated so I checked WorryNoMore reviewers and I noticed it’s was not only me with this problem. I learned a lot of consumers are very disappointed with their service saying that they always come with an excuse to tell them that the warranty don’t cover. So please don’t waste your money. They won’t help you. The only thing they do is to keep your money. WORRYNOMORE IS A BIG SCAM.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I purchased the WORRYNOMORE 7 Year Warranty from MACY’S along with my furniture. What closed the deal for me when deciding to purchase furniture from Macy’s was the warranty. Had I know that the WORRYNOMORE was a fraud and doesn’t honor anything that is in warranty, I would have never purchased the furniture from Macy’s. Hence, Macy’s should step up and investigate their fake WORRYNOMORE Warranty company and stop using them. I am disappointed in Macy's for continuing to use this company.Macy's should not be selling this warranty to any of their customers.

MACY’S WILL EVENTUALLY SEE A DECLINE IN FURNITURE SALES ONCE EVERYONE IS AWARE OF THIS FRAUDULENT WARRANTY COMPANY. I definitely will not buy furniture from Macy's again! Why, when I have so many other choices and with trusted warranty companies who will honor warranty like they are supposed to. Bottom line customer beware, do not purchase a WORRYNOMORE Warranty!!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Horrible Service. Bad excuses for not covering what is clearly covered. I purchased a patio umbrella, paid for the coverage, made a claim last year as it was starting to break, got a technician to come and take pictures, and now, when it finally broke, they claim would not proceed as since the initial claimed expired. What kind of a sorry excuse is that? I cannot even file the claim...and after requesting a supervisor, I'm told that they are all busy...SCAM...DO NOT PURCHASE.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I bought 2 sets of furniture from Macy's Home Furniture Store in 2009. I have so many complaints about Macy's and WorryNoMore that it's too much to write about. Right from the beginning starting with delivery, covered defects, customer service, and now WorryNoMore not honoring their warranty. I'm interested in filing a class action lawsuit as I see I'm not the only one unhappy.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Received delivery 1/5/2018 for patio furniture. 2 chairs were not correct and were returned. Spoke with customer services immediately but could not redeliver because furniture was not at the warehouse. Called first thing Monday morning and was advised that the remaining pieces would be delivered 1/19/2018. Two weeks later. This is unacceptable. I had to take time off of work . This is not good customer service since this is Macy’s error. My merchandise should have been priority on the next scheduled delivery. I have purchased numerous furniture items and I am extremely disappointed how I have been treated. No one will even try to resolve the problem.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Purchased 9/2015 four beds from Macy's (Staten Island, NY), two Queen Adjustable and two twin beds. Purchased WorryNoMore coverage. Salesperson never told me that the WorryNoMore was just for the mattresses and not the adjustable bases on the two queen beds. It does not say it on the receipt either. The beds were for a condo in Florida and were not used until this winter, 2017. After one month, one adjustable bed started making a loud clicking noise at the foot end when adjusting the height. Macy's then tells me the adjustable part of the bed was not in the insurance.

I have always purchased coverage and the salesperson did not say the coverage was just for the mattress. Now I have to purchase and pay for labor to fix. I recommend not going to Macy's for any furniture or bedding. They do not stand behind their products and will not make any kind of adjustment for me. I was on the phone for two hours and they just kept passing me over to other departments. No more Macy's for me.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I bought a sofa from Macy's in 2014. Within a 1 year the seat cushions were sagging. I purchased the "Worry No More" extended warranty. I called them. They sent out a tech which said, "it’s the foam cushioning" and that is not covered in the warranty. There is a dip in the sofa and it feels like you’re sitting on the floor. I have asked different upholstery companies and they all tell me it is cheaper to purchase a new sofa than repair it and they said they used the cheapest foam in the sofa. What a waste of $2300 dollars.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Wish I could give zero stars. Scheduled delivery of sofa I ordered 2 weeks ago. It was to come 12/9. Macy's rescheduled for 12/11. I noticed they had an incorrect digit in my phone number, so I notified them and received confirmation that they updated the info. The day before delivery, status emails changed delivery numerous times, and the final one was 10:15 am-12: 15 pm. I waited at home and by my phone the entire time. Checked the status online when still no contact or sofa at 12:20, and it stated delivered! Nope.

After holding for 30 minutes, an associate looked up the order and stated they came, called and voicemail was full, so they left. ACTUALLY, the location their address described was some other location, they called the wrong number, and didn't bother to go to the door. She spent another 20 minutes trying to reach the warehouse, and when she did, she stated they couldn't reach the driver, "so at this point the delivery is a no."

After several more minutes and still getting no further resolution, I requested a supervisor. The supervisor kept stating that they weren't going to deliver and I could call back to reschedule. She finally stated she would have the warehouse call me by close of businesses to let me know if they could deliver today or tomorrow. Almost an hour and a half on the phone & no other resolution! Both the representative and supervisor were apathetic and unhelpful. Now, at 5:40 pm, I have heard NOTHING. I called back and have currently been on hold for over 30 minutes waiting to speak with someone. No sofa, no callback, and because they updated their system to indicate sofa was delivered, I can't even reschedule delivery online. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I had purchased an expensive sectional set from Macy's and bought the worry no more product to cover the contents. I noticed accidental cuts on the seat of one the sofa chairs, the representative visited and checked on it and indicated that he cannot repair it and it would need a replacement of the leather of the seat, and someone from Macy's will call to get next appointment set up. However, to my surprise, when I logon to the uniters account, it shows that the claim was marked as completed to my satisfaction. In my opinion, this product is a waste of money.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I purchased furniture from Macy's in 2010, and bought the Worry No More warranty. I was told that I could file for a reimbursement in 7 years if it was not used. I didn't not use it. Now, how many of you out there would keep your receipt and paperwork for 7 years? Well, I did! I called early in 2010 and was told I was too early to file. Well, I just called back, and now I am too late! And, shame on me, earlier this year, I bought MORE furniture from Macy's with another warranty from this outfit! None of that mattered, and when I asked to speak with the supervisor, I was hung up on. (I spoke calmly, no bad language, just asked nicely to speak to her boss). Poor, poor customer service handling of a repeat customer!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I had purchased a queen size mattress at Macy’s for a price close to $3,000. Mattress is giving a bad back pain, hips, shoulders and lower back pain. I stop by Macy’s and spoken to the sales department explaining my bad experience. I expressed that I was looking to get a very firm mattress, more like a floor but comfortable for myself. They apparently are just doing the sales but not responsible for anything else. I call their corporate trying to get a new mattress and also try to be compensated for the time that I have been suffering of all pain and night without sleep. Also I am seeing a therapist to massage in which isn’t helping at all. I paid for the bottom frame in which it never arrived. Calling and getting a wasted of time and incompetent worker. I need a new replacement mattress plus I wanted be compensated for my pain and suffering I am going throughout right this moment.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information