Macy's - Furniture

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Uniters North America, LLC - WorryNoMore - DO NOT PURCHASE THE WARRANTY. It has been a beating to get the warranty company to do anything. Finally got them to come out to fix seam separation, but we have asked for cleaning... not on the work order. We had a piping come loose... not covered. Denied. WHAT?? Paid 600$ for nothing.

In Feb 2016 I bought a set of bed for my son. A year later, the box broke without any reason. I called Macy's, and sent a technician who could not fix it. It was agreed that I would buy a new game of bed and they would give me the credit of the amount I paid at first. Today (05/01/2017) 41 days after delivering the new mattress, this again broke. Bad quality, poor service, and very expensive price. I regret buying it. Full set for 740.00. For this price I would definitely buy a high quality set. Second and last time I buy macy's. I advise you that you are looking for a mattress to buy, look elsewhere... anywhere is much better than macy's.

Had Macy's come out to look at a sagging cushion and they ordered a replacement cushion only to be told by the manufacturer that they couldn't fulfill this request (no reason given). The WorryNoMore tech came out, spent about 3 minutes looking at the loveseat and now I get a notice from them that this is normal wear and tear -- after 2 1/2 years of ownership and only about 10 months of actually using the piece?? Such a waste of money, why spend big $$ for "quality" furniture at Macy's and then cover it with a warranty that I was told would cover almost anything? Lesson learned but what an expensive lesson it was, very disappointed in Macy's!

United Warranty who Macy's uses for their warranty on furniture is the absolute worst with service and execution. I ordered two broken parts 1/2/17 and still no parts or follow up. Shame on Macy's for using such a horrible company. I will never buy anything from Macy's ever again!

While shopping for a couch, my husband and I fell in love with this white couch. But we were very reluctant to get it considering we have a three-year-old boy and we had a baby girl on the way. The salesperson convinced me to buy this warranty stating that I didn't have to worry about the kids ruining the couch because the Worry No More program would cover it. If I really like the couch, to buy it with the program and I wouldn't have to worry anymore for the next seven years. I was convinced, what an amazing program! Yea right...

A few months later, which is the present, my son spilled juice on the couch. I take pictures and send in the claim. They send a technician out to look at the stain and take pictures. The next day, today, I received an email from the warranty company saying that they are not going to cover the stain because it's an accumulation of stains. It's two stains that occurred in a single time because of spilled juice from a sippy cup. Do not get this warranty. Use my experience and others people's experience as Proof that this warranty is crap.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

I have called about a sofa that the recliner doesn't work and they do not accept the claim. They are a scam. I'm disgusted with their long phone wait and then they come back and say "Sorry your claim is not accepted." I'm very disappointed with Macy's. I will never buy from Macy's again. I should get my money back on this protection plan from Macy's if they are not going to fix the problem. I called a year ago when the recliner periodically didn't work, and then later the recliner started working again. The recliner stopped working again yesterday. I called today and they again declined to fix the problem. Saying I need to get a technician to check the recliner. What good is the 7 year protection plan and why do they sell it to make free money?

We bought our teen son a bedroom set that is now a year and a half old and paid over $5,000 for it! Here we are with still a new set and the ledge that supports the slats broke in half! Our son is not a bad jumper nor is he overweight! When I called Macy's they offered absolutely no recourse, not even an apology! I am on a rampage to get my issue remedied as we paid too much for a bed that is clearly shoddy in its construction!!! Macy's look out!!

We purchased a sofa sectional and recliner from Macy's furniture store in Fort Lauderdale, FL the beginning of February. One month later and there is still no delivery date scheduled for the furniture. They say it won't even arrive at their warehouse until the middle or end of April! Hopefully we can have it delivered before June!!! Where else can you drop over $4,000 and not receive the merchandise for several months after! I really wish the saleslady would have shared this possibility with us prior to purchase! Instead she insisted the pieces would be in the warehouse and a delivery date set by mid March. It's now mid March and I have neither! DO NOT buy from here unless you are ready to wait 3-6 months for it and ready to make several calls to find out what's going on every step of the way!!!! Purchased from Fort Lauderdale store on Federal Hwy.

Purchased the 'warranty' plan from Macy's after buying some furniture. Recently had a claim from back in October 2016 that still hasn't been resolved. When I called to complain today (3/3/2017) their response was, "What can I do? What do you want me to do?" Then the 'supervisor' actually hung up on me mid-sentence. October 26th 2016, filed claim. November 11th 2016, tech came out to tell me I need new parts, takes 4-12 weeks. Feb 28th 2017, parts arrived, that's almost 18 weeks later. Now I have to wait another few weeks for someone to show up. The customer service department doesn't seem to understand how bad an experience this is, and when pushed, they respond with, "Nothing we can do." Even asked me what I wanted them to do.

I told the supervisor that they need to uphold their contract with me by going after their suppliers and subcontractors. Don't victimize your customers! That if I did this to my customers, I would not have a business left. Yes, almost 6 months later and my couch is still partially inoperable. My main frustration however, is with Macy's lack of understand of why this is such a bad experience, that they should never tell a frustrated customer, "This is the way it is" then hang up. I wish I have the person's name... call with Macy Home Warranty service, 3/3/2017 4:15 pm PST.

This was a big purchase for my husband and I. We did the research and the saleswoman convinced us that this leather couch plus the 7 year warranty would be a wonderful investment for our young and growing family. It has not been! Very disappointing that our claims appear to fall on deaf ears and that so many of us have been duped! The leather which we bought b/c it was suppose to be better than bonded leather and other materials is now flaking off. We have barely used the couch and I faithfully cleaned and applied the protection that was sold to us as this was an investment for us. Extremely disappointing. We were honest, took care of our furniture and were lied to! Would never buy furniture from Macy's again!

WorryNoMore Warranty Service - I expected the worst when I looked up the reviews online but much to my surprise, it worked out well. There was a snag as the guy never showed up at his scheduled time, but the owner of the business called me the next day and apologized profusely and said he would take time out of his Sunday to personally come clean my leather couch. He communicated well, got the stain out.

I had a Nason bedroom set and a coffee table and end table delivered on February 14, 2017. Apparently solvents were used that gave off fumes which caused my family to become ill. After more than one hour dealing with customer service they have agreed to pick up the furniture for return but will not refund the delivery charges despite the products being defective. Calls to the executive office have not been answered. Very sad that Macy's carries such poor products now.

I purchased a sofa from Macy's for 5,000. I was concerned about purchasing fabric, but was assured I would be covered by the "Worry No More" sofa warranty. Not sure how much it cost, but you only have 15 days to call in a problem or it will not be honored. I didn't know and could not find the receipt, it took me two month to find it. So I have a sofa that has worn out, ripped, recliner broken, console rusted for 5K and warranty not honored because I phone it in 20 days late. I will never shop at Macy's again, and will be sure to tell my friends about this faulty warranty. #macy'snomore! Beware and don't bother with this warranty. It is a joke.

Right after Christmas a spring in the backrest of our couch broke. I went out of town on business several right after this happened. Well when I made the claim it turns being more than 15 days from the time it was damaged to the time I placed the claim. I would like to know why reporting a broken spring within 15 days has any bearing on this type of claim. Anyone that buys furniture from Macy's should think twice and if you do purchase the furniture please forgo the warranty because just like all other warranties there's some loophole that will allow you the company to deny your claim. Total scam.

Wish I could speak with the salesman that me the warrant so I could call him a liar to his face. This is how it goes down you purchase an expensive piece of furniture. Then the play on your emotions telling you that any kind damage is covered no questions ask. I say that's too good to be true and he assures me it's not and then gets some piece of paper out of his pocket with several bullet points and they basically say no worries everything covered manufacturer's defects, kids color on couch. I think you get the picture just lies. I'm sure they figure they won't be still working there when I return. Terrible scam. Never saw this coming always thought Macy's was a store that stood by their products not hardly. This is one customer that will NEVER shop at Macy's again.

Bought a new mattress from Macy's store during sales event, a Beautyrest Keaton Extra Firm. I did extensive research before deciding on this one. But could NOT find reviews from Macy's furniture store until I decide to return it recently. Where all these bad reviews pop up all the sudden? My new mattress was sagging in the middle and feels uneven firmness all throughout. I start to hurt my back after a couple weeks. Called Macy's within 60 days, and Macy's sent a guy to take a look. He measured the contour where it does not have defect and decide there is NO defect, but about the uneven firmness of this mattress. So, I only give an option to return with penalty of $85 restocking fee and a 15% of the purchase price. I'm wondering who is going to get this returned mattress next. Is this SCAM keeps perpetuating to the next guy on and on?

I purchased two couches from Macy's in 2013. I also purchased the premium worrynomore protection plan to cover the furniture. I made a claim in 2015 for structural damage to the couches and table. It took over a week and a lot of arguing with the "customer service" department at worrynomore to establish that I did in fact have the premium policies. They denied my claim several times and it became obvious to me that their employees are trained to deny claims at all cost. Once I finally got the claim approved it then took weeks for me to get the service people to come address the issues with the couches. I spent countless hours of my time dealing with rude and difficult people to get what I had paid for.

I just made a second claim for the couches. The same structural problem has reoccurred. I was initially told that I did not have the premium coverage. I argued that that was incorrect. The worrynomore customer service department then told me that they were mistaken and I did have the premium coverage. But, they were denying my claim because I said it was normal wear and tear. I never said that it was normal wear and tear. The agent I spoke to kept asking me "so the damage is just caused by normal wear and tear, right?" I told him that the damage was noticeable within the past 2 weeks and I am not sure what the cause is. I asked to speak with a supervisor who hung up on me twice, was incredibly rude and difficult. I called back and asked for another supervisor who hung up on me again. Once I reconnected with her she told me I didn't have the premium coverage and that the last agent was mistaken.

This process is more than aggravating and it is clear that the worrynomore company is training its agents to deny claims inappropriately and at all costs. They make the claims process so difficult that people just give up. I'm appalled by their behavior and firmly believe that they are violating California law with their business practices.

Never buy furniture from Macy's. The sales person mislead about what was covered. Our section, which was costly is sagging and the warranty company will not cover the problem. Stephanie in Macy's Florida customer call center told me furniture typically only last 5 years. (Next time save money and buy at a cheaper place and save money.) She also wouldn't listen and was extremely unhelpful. NEVER BUY FROM MACY'S.

We bought our sectional couch from Macy's in 2012. They convinced us to purchase the warranty coverage and said that if anything goes wrong in 7 years, they send someone right out to fix it. We had zero claims in 6 years. Two weeks ago one of the brackets that connects the armchair and the armless chair broke off. Additionally, the back pillow has a huge piece of plastic coming through the fabric. I called to make a claim today and was told that they don't cover that kind of stuff because it is considered "accidental". When I asked what is covered, I was told if I had accidentally set fire to the couch and it was damaged - "that sort of stuff". What a complete scam. Don't waste your money on this "warranty".

We paid a premium price for an inlaid wooden desk to be the focal point for our home office. It arrived with a drawer broken off the glide and has never worked. It is made of such cheap material that it scratches and nicks at the slightest touch - our office chair has rubbed against it on occasion and you'd think it's been a chew toy for an angry Siberian tiger. The worst investment that we've made since the 90's. I'll never shop at Macy's again and I advise that you don't either.

My wife and I purchased a VERY expensive Daren Leather Reclining Sectional Sofa with 3 Power Recliners from Macy's to include the Worrynomore Coverage in case of any issues with the Leather Sectional. So to no surprise and being ping ponged back and forth between Macy's Furniture Department and the Worrynomore group, we were told that the additional coverage for the sectional did not cover the leather dye coming off the couch. The plan was to cover the sectional for 7 yrs. Sectional is not even 2 yrs old. I have wasted more hours than I can even fathom. So here I am writing a review to other potential buyers. Do Not buy from Macy's and if you still choose to the Worrynomore Protection Warranty is a RIP-OFF!!! I will not be buying from Macy's anymore to include shopping with them. I can take my business elsewhere.

Before I called I read these reviews but I was hoping it won't be the same in my case. Guess I was so wrong. I bought an expensive sofa from Macy's Springfield NJ location just three years ago. I paid almost $500 for the worry no more coverage. I noticed my two seats were sunken badly and called them. After 25 minutes on the phone and collecting lots of info the rep comes back and tells me the sinking issue is not covered. I told them the leather on one seat is franking as well which I was told it's not covered as well. I asked for the refund of the warranty and was told to call Macy's for that as well. For some reason I love Macy's furniture style so can't promise won't buy their furniture anymore but for sure will never buy their insurance plans. TOO SHAMEFUL FOR A BIG RETAILER LIKE MACY'S TO HAVE THIS KIND OF FRAUD WITH ITS LOYAL CUSTOMERS.

False Advertising! I purchased a "worrynomore" protection from Macy's back on 4-16-2009 and if you didn't file a claim within 7 years I would have a $375.00 Macy's Credit. I think worrynomore is a separate entity of Macy's, but the furniture specialist sold me this, so I hold Macy's responsible. I even have this guy's business card. I wonder if he still works at Macy's. I kept everything they gave me as I was skeptical about their claims.

Well now they are saying "you have to call within 90 days at the 7 year mark (by July 16 2016)." There is no verbiage that states this 90 days limit and it is convenient for the person on the phone to say there such a thing or actually read it to me. Why is there a limit, because they know no one will remember or too many were collecting their credit.

I would have remembered because now I am livid as I have been waiting for the day to collect my store credit and they moved the goal post. Don't buy anything from Macy's! Especially this protection agreement. Maybe the name the protection agreement should be "rememberyouwillnot." I am cancelling my Macy's card that I have had since 1998 and never shopping here again. I will tell everyone I know and hopefully they do the same.

Bought a 7 piece leather sectional in late 2015 from Roseville Ca. Macy's. Salesperson said it could be a few months before getting the couch because of time of season and back orders. We were fine with time period because we liked the model in the store and were willing to wait. Delivery service called 3 months later and date of arrival was finally scheduled. Couch showed up and crew was bringing in 1 section at a time. No boot covers or putting anything down on our new wood floors. (Ok). Unwrapping the pieces some were discolored, wasn't even a close match. Crew finally got all pieces in living room and realized there were two of the same corner pieces and one recliner was missing.

We waited another month and finally got all the correct pieces. We have had Macy's out twice since then to repair one of the pieces. Unit is still broken and now they don't want to warranty the issue because when asked how long we have noticed the issue we told them about 30 days, they say they won't fix it because we're suppose to call within 15 days. We will see what they say in small claims. Please do not buy any furniture or any product from Macy's. Hard to believe a company in business for that long won't stand behind their product.

Ordered a custom couch in November with a delivery date set in January. Paid for the sofa and delivery at the time on the phone. Got notified via email in December that the couch was ready for delivery and submitted all the information for delivery. Got a delivery date of 1/13/17. Waited and waited. No couch, no delivery. When I called they reported that there was a problem with processing the credit card. Although they had two phone numbers and email to contact me, nobody called me to notify me of the issue. Then I got informed that the couch could be delivered on 1/20/17. Delivery person called and said it would be delayed to the 27th. That was the final straw - Cancelled the order after he did not ask what was the problem or how to resolve. Yes the couch is sitting in the warehouse, but you can't pick up at warehouse. Poor service. Not dealing with them again.

I bought a sectional from Macy's in November. A sales associate who worked there cancelled our order in order to get the commission. It is now January and we still have no furniture. In fact, Macy's does not fill orders as they are placed, but rather as the sales associate finds the inventory online. The associate manager couldn't guarantee that we would receive our order anytime soon because of their poor business model. Never buy from Macy's, because they cannot fill your order in a timely manner.

The experience started 12/5/16. Extra care was taken to assure the correct side chaise / arm chair was ordered. Of course delivery comes 12/27/16 & the opposite furniture was delivered. I never was able to see the original order because it was done by phone call. I had to take off work to get delivery of the wrong furniture. We were told the mistake was corrected the day of delivery and we would get the pieces needed 1/7/17. On 12/29 we pay for the pieces kept (we had NO COUCH and kept what we could for our family of 6) and gave payment for the 2 missing pieces.

During that phone calls we're told delivery was set up again for 1/7/17. That day comes & shockingly no word from Macy's. During a prolonged (over 1.25 hrs; I write this as I'm ON HOLD) phone conversation dealing with 4 employees & a supervisor, we were told there was no new order. We were stuck with the couch and still need two missing pieces from the original order. The best discount we could get was 10% off and a waived delivery.

So now, the new delivery date is 1/18, if I want to take time off work. The complete loss of control and incompetence experienced during this order process was unbelievable. After every phone call (4) it appeared the process was corrected when in fact it was not. I can understand why Macy's is going out of business. Do not consider buying any piece of furniture from Macy's at any point unless you are looking for headache and frustration.

I bought bedroom furniture set on Nov 12 and scheduled the delivery on December 10. Obviously, I got rid of ALL the furniture in the bedroom early on December 10 so I can get the new stuff in. On December 10, a couple of hours before the scheduled delivery I get a call from Macy's saying that THE truck broke down (I guess they have only one truck) on the way from LA (!) and they cannot make the delivery and the next available date is December 20. Keep in mind that I have NO FURNITURE in my bedroom at this point. It's a good thing that I bought a mattress from another place (delivered on time!) and did not have to sleep literally on the floor.

While we were sleeping on the queen size mattress (on the floor) and waiting for December 20, we decided to upgrade to the king size. I called the store on December 16 and they said: "Sure we can do that but we cannot give you the discounted price on any of the items" (about $4K worth). Also, they could not deliver anything (everything that should be in town except for the king size bed) on the already scheduled date of December 20. I agreed and rescheduled the delivery for December 26. You guessed right - nobody showed up on December 26 and I did not even receive a call. Next day I called the salesperson and she told me that they "missed the delivery window" and the next available delivery date is January 5. I called Macy's customer service and what I found out was quite disturbing:

When the salesperson schedules the delivery, it means absolutely nothing. The "in stock" term means nothing - nobody at Macy's knows where the items are and if they even exist. The main warehouse in LA may or may not ship the items in time to your city to make the scheduled delivery. What is even more annoying is that the reminders that you get the day before are generated purely from the date that the salesperson sets - there is no cross check that items will actually be available for delivery. The warehouse and customer service have no clue where the items are (LA, China, local warehouse) and if the items have actually been manufactured!

When I asked them what I should do not having a bed or any furniture, both the agent and the supervisor suggested that sleeping on the floor is actually better than sleeping on the bed. They could not guarantee that the delivery will take place on January 5. Can't wait to have that conversation again with the warehouse staff on January 6.

I'm writing this review and also contacting the local Better Business Bureau to file a complaint against Macy's furniture. We purchased two recliners and they were both defective. We waited two weeks longer only to get two more defective chairs. The installers could not even finish the installation because the hardware was bad which was the case with the first set of chairs, not to mention quality defects in five areas of the chairs. Puckered leather, blue ink on the wood base, white glue in 3 areas.

The arms on both chairs were misaligned and could not be repaired. Why I would want a repair on brand-new furniture is beyond me but that's their policy. Be advised Macy's assembles furniture out of the box in your home, they do not do it in the warehouse, they do not run a quality control check. The quality of this product is inferior so we will join the other 1,057 complaints against Macy's furniture. They owe us $1200 and claim that they never picked up the chairs even though installers had me write REFUSED and take a picture of the delivery slip on my cell phone as proof because they don't carry customer receipts.

I've tried to no avail to discuss logically with customer service only to be frustrated repeatedly. Twice I've been told within 24 to 48 hours the credit will be processed and another 7 to 10 days after that we will get a refund. I was also told they have hundreds of trucks bringing items to their warehouse so when they get to it they will process a refund. To be out this kind of money at Christmas time is criminal. Not to mention having no furniture for guests. It's ironic since Macy's tagline for the holiday season is "Believe." Don't.

I purchased a sectional couch in 2005 for about $1800. They sold me a protection plan called Worry No More - which Macy's stated that I would get a full refund for it if I did not call in a claim for the 7 years!!! I did not call in a claim - and kept everything. When I called in in 2016 - I was told I would get $178.00 back. They were sorry that the employee at Macy's made a mistake - but all I would get back was the Great Give Back Reimbursement - of $178.00. WHAT A SCAM! They make sure you don't call in a claim and make $525.00 on the plan! I can't believe this goes on today. Still waiting for my $178.00 voucher - for 3 weeks.

I just called Worry No More about getting my money back after not using their service for 7 years (as was originally promised). They needed to know the exact sales check number and exact delivery date or they couldn't help me. It was 7 years ago when I purchased the furniture. I don't have the paperwork and moved several times since I purchased it. Additionally, if you don't submit your refund request within 90 days of the 7 year anniversary of your delivery date, you aren't eligible for the refund they promise you when selling "Worry No More" initially.

They leave out many details and aren't trying to assist you in anyway when the 7 year mark is reached. They don't really tell you any details upfront at all. I will never purchase Worry No More again and I would call it something different like "Worry More" because "we won't help you at all. We just want your money and don't want to follow through on our sales pitch." It truly is a scam and I would not recommend purchasing it.

Macy's - Furniture Company Profile