Macy's - Furniture

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

We purchased a sofa sectional and recliner from Macy's furniture store in Fort Lauderdale, FL the beginning of February. One month later and there is still no delivery date scheduled for the furniture. They say it won't even arrive at their warehouse until the middle or end of April! Hopefully we can have it delivered before June!!! Where else can you drop over $4,000 and not receive the merchandise for several months after! I really wish the saleslady would have shared this possibility with us prior to purchase! Instead she insisted the pieces would be in the warehouse and a delivery date set by mid March. It's now mid March and I have neither! DO NOT buy from here unless you are ready to wait 3-6 months for it and ready to make several calls to find out what's going on every step of the way!!!! Purchased from Fort Lauderdale store on Federal Hwy.

Purchased the 'warranty' plan from Macy's after buying some furniture. Recently had a claim from back in October 2016 that still hasn't been resolved. When I called to complain today (3/3/2017) their response was, "What can I do? What do you want me to do?" Then the 'supervisor' actually hung up on me mid-sentence. October 26th 2016, filed claim. November 11th 2016, tech came out to tell me I need new parts, takes 4-12 weeks. Feb 28th 2017, parts arrived, that's almost 18 weeks later. Now I have to wait another few weeks for someone to show up. The customer service department doesn't seem to understand how bad an experience this is, and when pushed, they respond with, "Nothing we can do." Even asked me what I wanted them to do.

I told the supervisor that they need to uphold their contract with me by going after their suppliers and subcontractors. Don't victimize your customers! That if I did this to my customers, I would not have a business left. Yes, almost 6 months later and my couch is still partially inoperable. My main frustration however, is with Macy's lack of understand of why this is such a bad experience, that they should never tell a frustrated customer, "This is the way it is" then hang up. I wish I have the person's name... call with Macy Home Warranty service, 3/3/2017 4:15 pm PST.

This was a big purchase for my husband and I. We did the research and the saleswoman convinced us that this leather couch plus the 7 year warranty would be a wonderful investment for our young and growing family. It has not been! Very disappointing that our claims appear to fall on deaf ears and that so many of us have been duped! The leather which we bought b/c it was suppose to be better than bonded leather and other materials is now flaking off. We have barely used the couch and I faithfully cleaned and applied the protection that was sold to us as this was an investment for us. Extremely disappointing. We were honest, took care of our furniture and were lied to! Would never buy furniture from Macy's again!

WorryNoMore Warranty Service - I expected the worst when I looked up the reviews online but much to my surprise, it worked out well. There was a snag as the guy never showed up at his scheduled time, but the owner of the business called me the next day and apologized profusely and said he would take time out of his Sunday to personally come clean my leather couch. He communicated well, got the stain out.

I had a Nason bedroom set and a coffee table and end table delivered on February 14, 2017. Apparently solvents were used that gave off fumes which caused my family to become ill. After more than one hour dealing with customer service they have agreed to pick up the furniture for return but will not refund the delivery charges despite the products being defective. Calls to the executive office have not been answered. Very sad that Macy's carries such poor products now.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

I purchased a sofa from Macy's for 5,000. I was concerned about purchasing fabric, but was assured I would be covered by the "Worry No More" sofa warranty. Not sure how much it cost, but you only have 15 days to call in a problem or it will not be honored. I didn't know and could not find the receipt, it took me two month to find it. So I have a sofa that has worn out, ripped, recliner broken, console rusted for 5K and warranty not honored because I phone it in 20 days late. I will never shop at Macy's again, and will be sure to tell my friends about this faulty warranty. #macy'snomore! Beware and don't bother with this warranty. It is a joke.

Right after Christmas a spring in the backrest of our couch broke. I went out of town on business several right after this happened. Well when I made the claim it turns being more than 15 days from the time it was damaged to the time I placed the claim. I would like to know why reporting a broken spring within 15 days has any bearing on this type of claim. Anyone that buys furniture from Macy's should think twice and if you do purchase the furniture please forgo the warranty because just like all other warranties there's some loophole that will allow you the company to deny your claim. Total scam.

Wish I could speak with the salesman that me the warrant so I could call him a liar to his face. This is how it goes down you purchase an expensive piece of furniture. Then the play on your emotions telling you that any kind damage is covered no questions ask. I say that's too good to be true and he assures me it's not and then gets some piece of paper out of his pocket with several bullet points and they basically say no worries everything covered manufacturer's defects, kids color on couch. I think you get the picture just lies. I'm sure they figure they won't be still working there when I return. Terrible scam. Never saw this coming always thought Macy's was a store that stood by their products not hardly. This is one customer that will NEVER shop at Macy's again.

Bought a new mattress from Macy's store during sales event, a Beautyrest Keaton Extra Firm. I did extensive research before deciding on this one. But could NOT find reviews from Macy's furniture store until I decide to return it recently. Where all these bad reviews pop up all the sudden? My new mattress was sagging in the middle and feels uneven firmness all throughout. I start to hurt my back after a couple weeks. Called Macy's within 60 days, and Macy's sent a guy to take a look. He measured the contour where it does not have defect and decide there is NO defect, but about the uneven firmness of this mattress. So, I only give an option to return with penalty of $85 restocking fee and a 15% of the purchase price. I'm wondering who is going to get this returned mattress next. Is this SCAM keeps perpetuating to the next guy on and on?

I purchased two couches from Macy's in 2013. I also purchased the premium worrynomore protection plan to cover the furniture. I made a claim in 2015 for structural damage to the couches and table. It took over a week and a lot of arguing with the "customer service" department at worrynomore to establish that I did in fact have the premium policies. They denied my claim several times and it became obvious to me that their employees are trained to deny claims at all cost. Once I finally got the claim approved it then took weeks for me to get the service people to come address the issues with the couches. I spent countless hours of my time dealing with rude and difficult people to get what I had paid for.

I just made a second claim for the couches. The same structural problem has reoccurred. I was initially told that I did not have the premium coverage. I argued that that was incorrect. The worrynomore customer service department then told me that they were mistaken and I did have the premium coverage. But, they were denying my claim because I said it was normal wear and tear. I never said that it was normal wear and tear. The agent I spoke to kept asking me "so the damage is just caused by normal wear and tear, right?" I told him that the damage was noticeable within the past 2 weeks and I am not sure what the cause is. I asked to speak with a supervisor who hung up on me twice, was incredibly rude and difficult. I called back and asked for another supervisor who hung up on me again. Once I reconnected with her she told me I didn't have the premium coverage and that the last agent was mistaken.

This process is more than aggravating and it is clear that the worrynomore company is training its agents to deny claims inappropriately and at all costs. They make the claims process so difficult that people just give up. I'm appalled by their behavior and firmly believe that they are violating California law with their business practices.

Never buy furniture from Macy's. The sales person mislead about what was covered. Our section, which was costly is sagging and the warranty company will not cover the problem. Stephanie in Macy's Florida customer call center told me furniture typically only last 5 years. (Next time save money and buy at a cheaper place and save money.) She also wouldn't listen and was extremely unhelpful. NEVER BUY FROM MACY'S.

We bought our sectional couch from Macy's in 2012. They convinced us to purchase the warranty coverage and said that if anything goes wrong in 7 years, they send someone right out to fix it. We had zero claims in 6 years. Two weeks ago one of the brackets that connects the armchair and the armless chair broke off. Additionally, the back pillow has a huge piece of plastic coming through the fabric. I called to make a claim today and was told that they don't cover that kind of stuff because it is considered "accidental". When I asked what is covered, I was told if I had accidentally set fire to the couch and it was damaged - "that sort of stuff". What a complete scam. Don't waste your money on this "warranty".

We paid a premium price for an inlaid wooden desk to be the focal point for our home office. It arrived with a drawer broken off the glide and has never worked. It is made of such cheap material that it scratches and nicks at the slightest touch - our office chair has rubbed against it on occasion and you'd think it's been a chew toy for an angry Siberian tiger. The worst investment that we've made since the 90's. I'll never shop at Macy's again and I advise that you don't either.

My wife and I purchased a VERY expensive Daren Leather Reclining Sectional Sofa with 3 Power Recliners from Macy's to include the Worrynomore Coverage in case of any issues with the Leather Sectional. So to no surprise and being ping ponged back and forth between Macy's Furniture Department and the Worrynomore group, we were told that the additional coverage for the sectional did not cover the leather dye coming off the couch. The plan was to cover the sectional for 7 yrs. Sectional is not even 2 yrs old. I have wasted more hours than I can even fathom. So here I am writing a review to other potential buyers. Do Not buy from Macy's and if you still choose to the Worrynomore Protection Warranty is a RIP-OFF!!! I will not be buying from Macy's anymore to include shopping with them. I can take my business elsewhere.

Before I called I read these reviews but I was hoping it won't be the same in my case. Guess I was so wrong. I bought an expensive sofa from Macy's Springfield NJ location just three years ago. I paid almost $500 for the worry no more coverage. I noticed my two seats were sunken badly and called them. After 25 minutes on the phone and collecting lots of info the rep comes back and tells me the sinking issue is not covered. I told them the leather on one seat is franking as well which I was told it's not covered as well. I asked for the refund of the warranty and was told to call Macy's for that as well. For some reason I love Macy's furniture style so can't promise won't buy their furniture anymore but for sure will never buy their insurance plans. TOO SHAMEFUL FOR A BIG RETAILER LIKE MACY'S TO HAVE THIS KIND OF FRAUD WITH ITS LOYAL CUSTOMERS.

False Advertising! I purchased a "worrynomore" protection from Macy's back on 4-16-2009 and if you didn't file a claim within 7 years I would have a $375.00 Macy's Credit. I think worrynomore is a separate entity of Macy's, but the furniture specialist sold me this, so I hold Macy's responsible. I even have this guy's business card. I wonder if he still works at Macy's. I kept everything they gave me as I was skeptical about their claims.

Well now they are saying "you have to call within 90 days at the 7 year mark (by July 16 2016)." There is no verbiage that states this 90 days limit and it is convenient for the person on the phone to say there such a thing or actually read it to me. Why is there a limit, because they know no one will remember or too many were collecting their credit.

I would have remembered because now I am livid as I have been waiting for the day to collect my store credit and they moved the goal post. Don't buy anything from Macy's! Especially this protection agreement. Maybe the name the protection agreement should be "rememberyouwillnot." I am cancelling my Macy's card that I have had since 1998 and never shopping here again. I will tell everyone I know and hopefully they do the same.

Bought a 7 piece leather sectional in late 2015 from Roseville Ca. Macy's. Salesperson said it could be a few months before getting the couch because of time of season and back orders. We were fine with time period because we liked the model in the store and were willing to wait. Delivery service called 3 months later and date of arrival was finally scheduled. Couch showed up and crew was bringing in 1 section at a time. No boot covers or putting anything down on our new wood floors. (Ok). Unwrapping the pieces some were discolored, wasn't even a close match. Crew finally got all pieces in living room and realized there were two of the same corner pieces and one recliner was missing.

We waited another month and finally got all the correct pieces. We have had Macy's out twice since then to repair one of the pieces. Unit is still broken and now they don't want to warranty the issue because when asked how long we have noticed the issue we told them about 30 days, they say they won't fix it because we're suppose to call within 15 days. We will see what they say in small claims. Please do not buy any furniture or any product from Macy's. Hard to believe a company in business for that long won't stand behind their product.

Ordered a custom couch in November with a delivery date set in January. Paid for the sofa and delivery at the time on the phone. Got notified via email in December that the couch was ready for delivery and submitted all the information for delivery. Got a delivery date of 1/13/17. Waited and waited. No couch, no delivery. When I called they reported that there was a problem with processing the credit card. Although they had two phone numbers and email to contact me, nobody called me to notify me of the issue. Then I got informed that the couch could be delivered on 1/20/17. Delivery person called and said it would be delayed to the 27th. That was the final straw - Cancelled the order after he did not ask what was the problem or how to resolve. Yes the couch is sitting in the warehouse, but you can't pick up at warehouse. Poor service. Not dealing with them again.

I bought a sectional from Macy's in November. A sales associate who worked there cancelled our order in order to get the commission. It is now January and we still have no furniture. In fact, Macy's does not fill orders as they are placed, but rather as the sales associate finds the inventory online. The associate manager couldn't guarantee that we would receive our order anytime soon because of their poor business model. Never buy from Macy's, because they cannot fill your order in a timely manner.

The experience started 12/5/16. Extra care was taken to assure the correct side chaise / arm chair was ordered. Of course delivery comes 12/27/16 & the opposite furniture was delivered. I never was able to see the original order because it was done by phone call. I had to take off work to get delivery of the wrong furniture. We were told the mistake was corrected the day of delivery and we would get the pieces needed 1/7/17. On 12/29 we pay for the pieces kept (we had NO COUCH and kept what we could for our family of 6) and gave payment for the 2 missing pieces.

During that phone calls we're told delivery was set up again for 1/7/17. That day comes & shockingly no word from Macy's. During a prolonged (over 1.25 hrs; I write this as I'm ON HOLD) phone conversation dealing with 4 employees & a supervisor, we were told there was no new order. We were stuck with the couch and still need two missing pieces from the original order. The best discount we could get was 10% off and a waived delivery.

So now, the new delivery date is 1/18, if I want to take time off work. The complete loss of control and incompetence experienced during this order process was unbelievable. After every phone call (4) it appeared the process was corrected when in fact it was not. I can understand why Macy's is going out of business. Do not consider buying any piece of furniture from Macy's at any point unless you are looking for headache and frustration.

I bought bedroom furniture set on Nov 12 and scheduled the delivery on December 10. Obviously, I got rid of ALL the furniture in the bedroom early on December 10 so I can get the new stuff in. On December 10, a couple of hours before the scheduled delivery I get a call from Macy's saying that THE truck broke down (I guess they have only one truck) on the way from LA (!) and they cannot make the delivery and the next available date is December 20. Keep in mind that I have NO FURNITURE in my bedroom at this point. It's a good thing that I bought a mattress from another place (delivered on time!) and did not have to sleep literally on the floor.

While we were sleeping on the queen size mattress (on the floor) and waiting for December 20, we decided to upgrade to the king size. I called the store on December 16 and they said: "Sure we can do that but we cannot give you the discounted price on any of the items" (about $4K worth). Also, they could not deliver anything (everything that should be in town except for the king size bed) on the already scheduled date of December 20. I agreed and rescheduled the delivery for December 26. You guessed right - nobody showed up on December 26 and I did not even receive a call. Next day I called the salesperson and she told me that they "missed the delivery window" and the next available delivery date is January 5. I called Macy's customer service and what I found out was quite disturbing:

When the salesperson schedules the delivery, it means absolutely nothing. The "in stock" term means nothing - nobody at Macy's knows where the items are and if they even exist. The main warehouse in LA may or may not ship the items in time to your city to make the scheduled delivery. What is even more annoying is that the reminders that you get the day before are generated purely from the date that the salesperson sets - there is no cross check that items will actually be available for delivery. The warehouse and customer service have no clue where the items are (LA, China, local warehouse) and if the items have actually been manufactured!

When I asked them what I should do not having a bed or any furniture, both the agent and the supervisor suggested that sleeping on the floor is actually better than sleeping on the bed. They could not guarantee that the delivery will take place on January 5. Can't wait to have that conversation again with the warehouse staff on January 6.

I'm writing this review and also contacting the local Better Business Bureau to file a complaint against Macy's furniture. We purchased two recliners and they were both defective. We waited two weeks longer only to get two more defective chairs. The installers could not even finish the installation because the hardware was bad which was the case with the first set of chairs, not to mention quality defects in five areas of the chairs. Puckered leather, blue ink on the wood base, white glue in 3 areas.

The arms on both chairs were misaligned and could not be repaired. Why I would want a repair on brand-new furniture is beyond me but that's their policy. Be advised Macy's assembles furniture out of the box in your home, they do not do it in the warehouse, they do not run a quality control check. The quality of this product is inferior so we will join the other 1,057 complaints against Macy's furniture. They owe us $1200 and claim that they never picked up the chairs even though installers had me write REFUSED and take a picture of the delivery slip on my cell phone as proof because they don't carry customer receipts.

I've tried to no avail to discuss logically with customer service only to be frustrated repeatedly. Twice I've been told within 24 to 48 hours the credit will be processed and another 7 to 10 days after that we will get a refund. I was also told they have hundreds of trucks bringing items to their warehouse so when they get to it they will process a refund. To be out this kind of money at Christmas time is criminal. Not to mention having no furniture for guests. It's ironic since Macy's tagline for the holiday season is "Believe." Don't.

I purchased a sectional couch in 2005 for about $1800. They sold me a protection plan called Worry No More - which Macy's stated that I would get a full refund for it if I did not call in a claim for the 7 years!!! I did not call in a claim - and kept everything. When I called in in 2016 - I was told I would get $178.00 back. They were sorry that the employee at Macy's made a mistake - but all I would get back was the Great Give Back Reimbursement - of $178.00. WHAT A SCAM! They make sure you don't call in a claim and make $525.00 on the plan! I can't believe this goes on today. Still waiting for my $178.00 voucher - for 3 weeks.

I just called Worry No More about getting my money back after not using their service for 7 years (as was originally promised). They needed to know the exact sales check number and exact delivery date or they couldn't help me. It was 7 years ago when I purchased the furniture. I don't have the paperwork and moved several times since I purchased it. Additionally, if you don't submit your refund request within 90 days of the 7 year anniversary of your delivery date, you aren't eligible for the refund they promise you when selling "Worry No More" initially.

They leave out many details and aren't trying to assist you in anyway when the 7 year mark is reached. They don't really tell you any details upfront at all. I will never purchase Worry No More again and I would call it something different like "Worry More" because "we won't help you at all. We just want your money and don't want to follow through on our sales pitch." It truly is a scam and I would not recommend purchasing it.

My mother bought an electric recliner sofa from Macy's. The motor died with one of the recliners in the up position. Filed a claim with WORRYNOMORE in May 2016. They sent a repairman out after a couple of weeks. Two weeks later the part was finally order. At this point the recliner has been blocking the living room for a month. They tell us it will be 12 weeks until the part arrives meaning at the end of September. We get an email confirming shipment but tracking stops at the local post office.

Turns out they didn't put postage on the package and the Post Office returned it to WORRYNOMORE. Call WORRYNOMORE to find out what is going on. They can't tell me anything but "We shipped it." Finally after two weeks they tell me it will be shipped out again but can be up to 12 weeks before it ships and to not expect it before Jan. 11, 2017. Every person I talk with gives me a different excuse. One blames the manufacturer, one blamed Macy's and one tried to blame the Post Office and me!

5000 dollar sofa broken. Had bought expensive warranty with fancy name of Worry No More. Put in claim a month ago. No response. Call 'Worry No More', given runaround. Went to store. 2 hours later told to call on Saturday. Called office closed. Called 800 no. of 'Worry No More'. Rep says normal waiting time is 3-4 months. Would not let me speak to supervisor. I have a broken $5000 sofa unusable. Thank you Macy's.

Dining room table - it's a disgrace, rep from mfg sent out says it's up to standards no so!! Waited 10 wks for this. Came from who knows where, had worry free ins not covered says not damaged enough. Saw ad this week for the same set its name is Windward. We built a new home. Also bought bedroom called Eastwind. Also in ad. Also, finish coming off - have to dust every day some substance in drawers of chest and dresser keeps coming off... had conversation with our sales rep numerous times to no avail. Have a Macy's account for over 30 yrs! We are rethinking about keeping this.

I purchased the highly recommended Worry No More contract agreement for 198.00 when purchasing a cream colored leather sofa and chaise. Three years into owning this piece one of the seams in the leather is starting to separate. I submitted two claims online yesterday via the new insurance carrier Uniters. I received email responses within minutes of my submissions and both stated my claims were denied and not eligible. Why the hell did the Macy's sales rep do a hard sell for me to purchase the "extra protection on your investment" if it turns out I just pissed away 198.00? This is complete false advertising and all consumers BE AWARE!

We purchased a new sectional sofa from Macy's in May of 2015. We went there because we found the selection to have a few more different options than other area furniture stores. The sofa we selected -and paid for on the spot- was a custom order due to the color we wanted. We were fine with that as it is common for custom orders to be 8-10 weeks. Our new sofa arrived about 10 weeks later, with a rip in the back and a piece of metal sticking out. No quality control or inspection. The delivery team just dumped it, unwrapped it and left. We called customer service that very afternoon and reported the damage. We were told over the phone that the damage was noted and a replacement sofa had been ordered. After another 10 weeks of waiting, our new sofa didn't come and didn't come. There had been ZERO follow-up from Macy's.

We called and called and finally had to go back into the furniture store to see what was going on. After some inept digging around on their computer system, they found the new sofa order had been canceled. We explained the damage to the first delivered sofa again and they were actually able to track down that customer service report - so they again ordered the replacement sofa. Another 10 weeks later, the second replacement sofa was delivered. Upon being unwrapped from the delivery team, we found this second sofa was also torn in the back, near the same place as the first, but this time in another place as well.

We reported this right away and were told by customer service an inspector would have to come out to inspect the damage since it had been so long since our initial order. Really? Macy's takes our money upfront and delivers not one, but TWO torn sofas and now places us under the inconvenience and suspicion of an inspection. The delivery team saw the tear as they unwrapped the second sofa. This was noted in our conversation AGAIN to customer service.

The bottom line is this: we are 1.5 years away from ordering this sofa. We sit here with the second damaged sofa to this day. Macy's has ordered a 3 replacement sofa, but refuse to return my calls and inquiries on the status. I have no idea if undamaged new furniture we have already paid for will even come at this point. I have left several messages with store manager John ** with no return call. I have sent several emails to Regional Customer Service Manager Jill ** with absolutely no response (**). I have filed a formal complaint with the Bureau of Consumer Affairs - Federal Trade Commission not because I have nothing better to do, but simply because Macy's refuses to contact us - the customer - to provide an update. I honestly do not know what else to do at this point.

To be fair, Macy's did credit us an amount of $500 on the first mishap, and did order the second replacement. However, since we have had two damaged sofas delivered to our home and have contacted customer service to rectify the situation, it appears as though they are more motivated to ignore us than to make things right. If anyone has any other suggestions as to what our consumer rights may be, please do not hesitate to post a reply if possible.

Bought a queen size pillow top Macy's branded mattress 10/23/2014 (less than two years ago) and the mattress is no longer usable. The pillow top has shifted about two inches over so that the metal frame protrudes outside the piping and digs into you as you move on the mattress. Can't even sit on the side of the bed comfortably. Had a Macy's inspector from U.S. Quality who measured for a dip in the mattress (which was not the issue) but said there's no defect in a shifting pillow top and protruding metal frame! "Normal use" he said. Customer service rep including supervisor Tracy refused to acknowledge a defect and said this was normal use not covered by the warranty - although offered 10% off another Macy's mattress (like we'd want one after this?). Very arrogant customer service rep and a supervisor Tracy who didn't want to get on the phone with me until I insisted.

The mattress is in a guestroom and has been used maybe 20 nights total. Cannot believe that there's no defect when it is impossible to use the mattress to sleep on. Maybe it's not meant for sleeping? Macy's warranty is WORTHLESS - BE AWARE. If you don't have a 1 and 1/2 inch dip - there is no warranty! A topper that moves is not covered. You'll be stuck with an unusable mattress if you buy a Macy's brand topper mattress. The warranty is meaningless. Never shopping at Macy's again - for anything.

Purchased Sectional Sofa from Macy's in Perimeter mall, Dunwoody, GA in June month. When the sofa got delivered, noticed a piece not arrived in the box and just covered with moving blanket. It has used marks. We took pictures of that sofa piece and sent to sales person. He immediately arranged for the exchange. Again out of box piece arrived as exchange. We didn't accept the delivery. Warehouse personnel and sales person informed, new piece will be delivered in few days. Finally boxed piece arrived. Sales person really needs to be appreciated. But overall purchase experience is not that good due to out of box piece got delivered. Before this purchase, had a good impression on Macy's stores but not now. Submitted the same review on the Macy's twice but it didn't get published.

Macy's - Furniture Company Profile