Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture

3.8/5 (497 ratings)

About Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's - Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Sept. 1, 2022

Over 7 years ago I purchased 2 Recliners for a Total of $1000 at Macy's Furniture online in Denver, Colorado. At the time of purchasing these 2 Recliners, I also purchased a protection service for $198 called WorryNoMore that is to be redeemed in the form of a $198 voucher since I did not use this service. I did qualify and received my $198 WorryNoMore Voucher that has turned out to be a complete scam. I can only buy Rugs, Mattresses or Furniture. This voucher can only be used for a "scheduled delivery" item with the lowest delivery rate of $75. In other words, there is no free delivery with any "scheduled delivery" item unless that "scheduled delivery" item is over $750.

If I buy a "scheduled delivery" allowed product for $119 then the $198 voucher only covers the $119 product plus the sales tax but not the $75 Delivery Fee that I would have to pay with my Platinum Macy's AMEX Credit Card. What a complete ripoff. I get free delivery on anything for any amount online with my Macy's AMEX CARD as a Platinum member but not with the Macy's WorryNoMore $198 voucher. I am fuming. I hope a legal lawsuit is brought against this WorryNoMore Protection SCAM. DO NOT PURCHASE THE WORRYNOMORE PROTECTION PROGRAM SCAM OR YOU WILL LIVE TO REGRET IT.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2022

Aug. 4, 2022 The Delivery carrier showed up and did $800.00 in damages to my house a BRAND NEW HOUSE! Only received half of my order that was placed back in Feb. 2022. It is now Aug. 22, 2022 and no one from carrier has contacted me to have the damages fix, customer service at Macy's is awful. Spoke to on Duty Manager Krystal who was a little helpful. Got her ext. but can't get a hold of her and the on Duty Manager Mercedes won't even speak to me. Told me that I need to give them more time? It is going on 3 weeks? Told her come get the couch and now they want me to pay for shipping to pick it up? WTH! I would never buy anything from Macy's again not even a shirt. AWFUL SERVICE!!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2022

We bought our Radley Sectional the December before the pandemic. We have two kids and a dog, so we made sure to get stain and fur resistant fabric and waited the 2 months for delivery. Also, we paid extra for the warranty (kids and a dog, right?). Within one year, the seam on a cushion started splitting open (it’s a nearly foot long gash and the fabric is too frayed to stitch together). We had to wash another cushion cover after an accident and the zipper broke. We called the warranty company and they rejected our claim. The couch is 2.5 years old now, we’ve been living with the batting exposed on the cushions for the past year because the covers are destroyed. Our cheap $550 Ikea couch lasted 7 years. Don’t waste your money on a couch from Macy’s. I thought they made good products that would last. I also thought I could make sure it would last with the repair service plan. I was wrong on both counts. Look elsewhere for your couch.

Original review: July 29, 2022

I've put in 3 claims in the last year with ‘Worry No More.’ Not once has anything showed up. You can tell that something is not right with this company. I'm over the excuses and want a REFUND! Ridiculous.

Original review: July 21, 2022

Ordered a two piece sectional sofa on February 20, 2021 was told it would be delivered in late March or early April. I can understand COVID delays, but not the inability for Macy’s to communicate the delay and good luck getting through that black hole of customer service. They actually tell you when you call “in the event you get the opportunity to speak with someone”… We were told sofa arrived on May 29 at warehouse and we can schedule delivery. But wait, they only deliver furniture 2 days a month and the soonest delivery data available is July 22! If it takes two months to deliver something how about schedule a few more delivery dates a month???

This week we were finally ready to get the sofa after more than 5 months and received a call two days before delivery date that the sofa was discontinued and no longer available! So after 35 minutes navigating the black hole of a customer service phone number we find out only 1 piece of the sectional is in and the were going to deliver that!!!! Who does that! After 27 more minutes got a supervisor on the phone that get this, offered 10% off another piece of furniture to replace this one! I do not know what happened to this company but they should be shut down and never be allowed to sell furniture again. They are a complete and utter failure and if you choose to do business with them prepare to be disappointed, angry and completely unsatisfied!

Original review: July 19, 2022

Third bad experience with Macy's furniture. First, purchased mattress online, where the company refused to honor online offer. Second, table simply not delivered, no information. Third, wrong item sent, supposedly sent replacement, but no one is coming to pick up wrong item. CS is at random foreign countries where it is impossible to understand the person and they basically have no ability to resolve anything. The company has made darn sure you cannot complain to them directly, and if you write an e-mail, they don't respond. They are happy to keep charging you, though. Their actions have to fall within the scope of fraud. Don't understand how the government and the law are not involved. Will never, ever, ever again purchase ANYTHING from Macy's. The company is just not honest and is not well run. The prices and offers are not worth the aggravation. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE GUYS!!

Original review: July 9, 2022

Ordered dresser and 2 night stands. Web site states 6 to 8 weeks. Around expected delivery date received email informing me of delay due to Covid. Been delayed 3 more times. Now they are telling me that we are looking at October. Getting close to a year. Of course I can cancel but you can go on Macy's web page and they still advertise 6 to 8 weeks for the furniture. I've checked each time they have delayed my order. They also keep a hold on my funds even when they have no clue when they will receive my items.

Original review: June 23, 2022

I kept all documents and complied with all conditions. Yet, the warranty company won't give me the credit they promised. They sent an email telling me that I did not comply. I offered to fax all receipts, and paperwork showing that I did comply. They just offered excuses.

Original review: June 22, 2022

Had the WORST experience purchasing a VERY expensive TempurPedic mattress from Macy’s. When we were deciding on a mattress, we visited Macy’s physical locations several times, no one helped us. Okay, fine. So we decide on a mattress and purchase it online. A few days later, we were contacted by the Sales Department to add a Value Protection Liner for $160 ($186.91 after tax) to maintain the warranty. We were advised that Macy’s would replace this liner if it ever got stained or ripped. I agreed to this charge and provided a new card number for that transaction.

When the mattress was delivered about a week later, it arrived by itself with no liner. I immediately called Macy’s to ask what happened to the liner. They told me it was never ordered (okay….) because the previous person had not fully submitted it when I spoke to her the week before. So I ONCE AGAIN placed the order with that salesperson, who proceeded to charge me TWICE for this mattress liner (so $186.91, twice). I was advised that the first charge would fall off, because it was in error, and the liner would arrive in a few days.

I requested email confirmation, but never received one. So once again, on the following Monday (I paid the previous Friday) I followed up with Macy’s to make sure things were set up correctly this time. Of course, they were not. I was advised on this call that the ordered was CANCELLED because the card was declined (how?!? When I was charged?!?) and now they can no longer honor the Value Protection offer because it’s been too long since the delivery. What?!?

So now I’ve been waiting almost a week to get my money back for a product I’m never going to receive. The “manager” was so rude, literally said “I’m sure you can find another mattress liner”. I am absolutely incensed. Our mattress was more than $4000. Macy’s is still holding the charges under “pending” so my bank will not release the funds back to me. I have quite literally been stolen from. And at this point I’m considering pressing charges. Will NEVER use Macy’s again.

Original review: June 21, 2022

I placed a order and paid for same day shipping and they canceled my order the next day. When I asked why, I got 2 different answer's from online chat and customer service. They were supposed to refund my money within 72 hours is what I was told. 5 days later when I asked about my refund I was told to kindly wait 5-10 business days. When I finally got my refund it was for $10 less than what they billed me. I was told they don't refund the shipping amount! The other items that I purchased were not as advertised either!

Macy's - Furniture Company Information