2. Homeowners

Macy's - Furniture

3.5/5 (290 ratings)

About Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's - Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Macy's damaged my driveway when they delivered my furniture June 2021. I have gotten nothing but the runaround. They have shoved me off to the delivery driver company and to their insurance company. None of them will answer phone calls or text messages. I have been told that a supervisor would call me back but never did. I was instructed to get an estimate for the driveway repair and submit it to them. I did that June 2021 and still waiting for a supervisor to call me.

I have called Macy’s furniture customer service 8-23-21 seven times and have been disconnected. When Macy’s puts me on hold to speak to a supervisor after 10 or 15 minutes it disconnects the call. I have been called back twice and put back on hold and disconnected again and no return call. This is a large claim and they will not take care of it. I don’t understand why Macy's damages property and will not pay for it. If anyone knows how to help me to get payment for the driveway property damage please let me know. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I can't believe the person that came to my home saying he was in my home to look at my mattress and see the stain I was saying the mattress had when they delivered the mattress the first time. The person that came to my home did not had a business card to identify himself, he complaint when I told him to put a shoe covering because of my carpet. He also started complaining when I requested him to wear gloves when he starting handling my personal sheets and bedding. He kept saying I was rude about asking him to wear GLOVES, I told him this was my home and I make the rules. He kept complaining and saying I was rude. I said he was the one being rude because I kept demanding he used gloves. He left and he did not finished his visit or took care of his duties.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I bought warranty on multiple pieces of furniture from Macy's because the salespeople said it was a good idea and I believe in insurance. Don't. Save your money to replace whatever item has been damaged. My couch has the warranty, which includes rips, tears, stains, chips, manufacturer defect, etc. or at least says it does. For the last few months I have had a few major issues pop up with the couch.

1) The down feathers pushed THROUGH the fabric cushions to poke and stab me (manufacturer defect).
    2) I spilled V8 staining it and then a month later accidentally spilled mustard as well (stains).
    3) My dog had surgery and urinated on the couch because of the accident. (pet)

4) I was carrying a metal grate and accidentally hit the couch causing a rip on the side (rip).

Each of these individually would have been good enough for warranty request under the stated terms from my conversation with Worrynomore. However, because I flipped the cushions and hid the rip behind something all of this damage was just "normal wear and tear". They said that because I did not request the individual issue it all goes to normal life events.

If you have worrynomore then my advice is to document and request EVERYTHING and ANYTHING the moment it happens. If you spill a glass of wine, request the warranty instead of flipping the cushion. If your puppy chews on the legs of the bed, don't just let it go because you want to honor the spirit of the warranty as being for material items that cannot be "hidden or put up with". Macy's does not care about you trying to honor the spirit of warranty and will do everything they can to deny payment. It is a bad experience and a bad deal. People used to ask me about Macy's furniture and I was relatively positive. Not now. It is a horrible experience and a headache.

Original review: July 26, 2021

So sad to be writing this - we used to loved Macy's for furniture. We ordered close to $12,000 worth of furniture in December 2020. Understanding the challenges that faced everyone, we were very accomodating to delivery schedules being severely delayed. I received 2 emails (1st in June, 2nd 7/21) confirming my furniture delivery date is 7/24. Here we are on 7/24, and despite confirmation emails, no furniture. After spending over 1.5 hours on the phone, I learn that my furniture will not be delivered, and an entire couch on my order is suddenly no longer available. How was I not informed of this change in the last 8 months? (FYI - Credit card was charged in full.) Customer Service cannot reach the warehouse, and warehouse isn't notifying me. Supervisors can only place requests to warehouse managers. Frustrated, I wrote an email to the VP of Customer Service. Word of warning to all - avoid Macy's for furniture until they get themselves together.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I have never had such a poor experience ordering furniture. On Memorial Day I went to Macy’s and found a mattress which I purchased for delivery on July 24th. I got a receipt that had the delivery written in bold letters and even circled. I called my bank to authorize the transfer and saw the money leave my account. A month later I received an email from Macy’s stating that I had not authorized the payment. I thought it was strange but authorized it again anyways since the original transaction disappeared from my account. Once again I saw the money leave my account and got a confirmation email with the delivery date as July 24th.

A few weeks later I received another call that I had not authorized my transaction and that the soonest they could deliver my mattress was August 2nd. The people that I spoke to on the phone about the issue lacked knowledge and were very rude. They could not even guarantee that this issue would not happen again in the future and insisted that I had made a mistake even though I had plenty of proof that I had not. Needless to say I canceled my order and WILL NOT be shopping at Macy’s Furniture in the future!

Original review: July 8, 2021

I bought a leather recliner sofa set 5 years ago and also purchased 7-year WorryNoMore plan. About two months ago, one of the recliners was broken. With my busy schedule, I submitted my claim online after a month it occurred. Then it was denied because I submitted my claim after 15 days it occurred!! I wasn’t aware of the 15 days rule. They said is shown on the rules’ and regulation document. WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD READ THE DOCUMENT THAT CONTAINS 100 THOUSAND TINY CHARACTERS AFTER PURCHASING A WARRANTY!!! This plan is almost like a scam. Consumer activists should sue Macy’s and WorryNoMore Plan. I would NEVER EVER buy anything from Macy’s furniture.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I purchased a warranty from Macy's for a $6000 sofa. I filed a claim over 3 months ago and the warranty company is stringing me along. They denied claim at 1st. Then I insisted a representative come inspect sofa. No resolution and no idea when they will fix sofa.

Original review: June 28, 2021

As part of our outdoor dining set, a mechanism broke off that kept the umbrella straight. Without the mechanism, the umbrella is tilted and leaning on the chairs. It's not functional. I create a claim asking to have this repaired or replaced. They can't repair it, don't offer me a new one, and instead offer $150 (for a $600 umbrella). What kind of a warranty is this? What good is that? I could have spent the $300 the warranty cost to buy another umbrella elsewhere.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I bought a sofa set from Macy's back in 2016 and Worry-No-More (WNM) policy to have a peace of mind about potential stain or markers my kids would make. We never had any incidents for years and just recently when we moved to our new home and working and learning remotely, we has used the set more frequently.

I discovered some markers and probably liquid marking but could not remove those with the WNM kit they provided. I filed the claim and was denied because of several reasons:
    1. out of time frame: I just made a guess it was around 16-30 days and was told has to be within 15 days.
    2. we were abusing the sofa. I did not understand what they meant by "abuse". We use it for seating; did they mean we seat too much on them?
    3. We did not take necessary step to prevent incidents. Based on what was told, I should have covered the sofas whenever my kids are around and doing something. Why did I buy the policy when I need to worry that much? Why did I buy the sofas and cover it the whole time because the sofas are in our great room and my kids are always playing around the room.

4. We did not maintain the sofas as recommended. I clean the sofas very often.

What do they mean by WORRY NO MORE? A complete cheat! For this reason, I will never shop at Macy's again. A goodbye from a Platinum member.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Ordered a sectional and it was delayed 4 times which may have been understandable due to Covid but could not get an answer from customer service about possible delivery dates. Finally came in and the had the wrong address for delivery. Called to correct that twice. Email confirmation still had the wrong address including city. Called again. Told them County rd V. They repeated Tony rd B. Spelled it for them again and they got the City wrong spelled. Lodi they spelled it Logy.

Finally over 5 months after I ordered it the delivery date came but believe it or not they had the wrong address. New delivery date delivery truck got lost. Had to navigate them to the house which wasn’t easy because of a language barrier. The guys couldn’t get it in the door so they were going to take it back???? I helped them remove packaging and we got it in. Minus the ottoman of course it did not come with the rest of the sectional. Please I’m begging you. Go anywhere but Macy’s for your furniture. Sit on the floor and keep your sanity.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information