Macy's - Furniture
1.25/5
Based on 43 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Macy's - Furniture

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experienceDissatisfied with the experienceSatisfied with the experienceHappy with the experienceWould recommend to a friend
    Last updated: April 15, 2018

504 Macy's - Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: April 15, 2018

We purchased a Leonardo leather sofa and loveseat from Macy's 9/9/2011, and a Worry No More protection policy for $218.00. Our leather loveseat developed a small spot, I wiped the spot with a damp towel. The brown color wiped right off the cushion. We could not believe our eyes! Our "Worry No More" policy was still good, so I contacted the company, they sent out a man to take pictures. We got a denial reply. We filed another letter of dispute and was denied help again. The second letter of denial stated "It was determined by our service technician that damages are attributed to a manufacturing defect in leather". DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON WORRY NO MORE PROTECTION, It is a ripoff and Macy's should be ashamed for selling this dishonest policy. So very disappointed in Macy's and www.warrantyservice.com.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We bought a sectional from Macy’s a Kelly Rippa brand. What a disaster!!! The chaise is sinking so badly that no one can really sit on it and it has been a year now and we are not living in this house all year round. Feathers from all cushions are flying everywhere and other cushions are starting to sink in now. It is so uncomfortable to sit on this sectional that we are considering getting a new one but feeling bad because it has been only a year that we got it. We contacted customer service and they sent a guy who was very unprofessional and said that by their standards the sectional is fine although he could see the sinking of the chaise and other cushions. It has been a terrible experience and not expected from Macy’s. We are so disappointed and don’t encourage anyone to buy from their furniture department and especially the Bad Rippa collection.

551,441 savvy shoppers have a headstart. Don't miss out.

Get trending news stories and exclusive consumer resources straight to your inbox.

We respect your privacy, unsubscribe easily.
    Original review: March 23, 2018

Don’t waste your money getting the Worry No More service contract. It isn’t worth the paper it is printed on. I was given the hard sell by 2 different people when purchasing my sectional. I finally relented due to the assurances that if my sectional didn’t hold up, they would replace or repair my furniture. I got nothing but excuses from the representative when filing my claim. I was put on extended holds (over an hour altogether) and my email went unanswered. They finally told me my claim needed to be filled 15 days from when I noticed the damage. Nowhere in my contract is that stated. Bye Macy’s.

Resolution response: April 7, 2018

A replacement couch was never dispatched to me because the warehouse took forever to reschedule the delivery. After some time dealing with this I decided to just cancel the order all together. At that point I was so fed up with Macy’s service and nervous about how they would handle larger issues in the future if something else were to go wrong. I liked the couch but it wasn’t worth the hassle in my opinion. Macy’s allowed me to return the couch and gave me a 100 percent refund.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Wish I could leave zero stars. Macy's sales have declined in recent years and it's easy to see why. They could learn a thing or two from Amazon about customer service. I ordered a sofa on Feb. 22 and initially had some issues with my bank accepting the payment because every time Macy's would try to take the money out of my account my bank would flag it as fraud because it was a large purchase. This went on for a while with me calling Macy's and my bank at least 5 times. I partially blame my bank because the fraud security process is a bit frustrating but I also blame Macy's because it doesn't make any sense as to why they couldn't just use the same authorization hold to take out the money after the couch was delivered.

Finally, almost a month after Feb. 22 I get a delivery date for my new couch. Because the couch was delivered on the weekend apparently the hold is canceled after 72 hours and they returned the money which is now causing a huge issue because of course my bank flagged the charge again for fraud and now, even though I made multiple attempts to try to pay for the couch, I have to wait for a letter in the mail to send the payment again.

After having the couch for less than a day I noticed that there were multiple seams that looked like they had begun to crack and peel and every single leg has a ding on it. It looks like they tried to give me a used couch! I immediately called back to complain and was told that a technician would have to come and look at the damage. After being given the run around I finally just hung up with the customer service agent and called back and finally got someone who was willing to help. He was probably the most helpful person I have spoken to during my whole experience. He was honest and offered to exchange the couch. I was given a delivery date for 72 hours from the date that I called.

On the day of the delivery it snowed, which I understand, but no one called me to let me know what had happened to my furniture or when I could expect it. I had to call to get additional information and no one can tell me anything other than they can't get in touch with the dispatch. I also never received the information on the warranty I purchased so I had to call them about that and have gotten at least two different answers from customer service. It's sad because the couch is a very nice piece and it's the right amount of firmness for my bad back but I am never doing business with Macy's again after this experience. I wish I had visited ConsumerAffairs before I bought this couch. It has been a nightmare dealing with Macy's.

Original review: March 20, 2018

We were sold this protection plan by the salesperson. She boasted that if ANYTHING happens to the couch, vomit, pet mess, colored markers (our 2 yo was with us), they would come out and clean the couch. I've purchased plans like these before and never needed them, but erring on the side of having a toddler, we bought the plan. Our kid was just vomit-sick for the first time. What I could not catch ended up on the couch. We immediately washed the area with the provided solution. There was no visible spot, but the smell did not go away. We washed the area again the following day. No luck.

My husband downloaded the Worry No More app and submitted the claim. The app was not easy to use and provided no confirmation. Turns out their solution was to send us more cleaning product. I called Macy's and they were astounded that this was the situation and were also under the impression that they would send a cleaner. They told me what to say, I called Worry No More and said exactly what Macy's said. Their response "we don't cover smells". Zero customer service. That's it. Brand new couch ruined. We honestly wouldn't have bought a new couch with a toddler if we knew it wouldn't be covered. Shame on Macy's for using such a terrible company to take care of their products, and shame on Worry No More for taking money and providing zero customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: March 6, 2018

The men they sent to deliver the furniture were mentally challenged and damaged the couch they were delivering and my wall and ceiling. And now I hear nothing but excuses. The difference between me and most people complaining on this site is I am the type to spend a hundred dollars and take Macy's to small claims court. When the salesman attempted to scam me with the worry free service I told my spouse, “Good luck trying to get the money back if we do not use it,” and now I read this service is a scam and they will look for any reason to cheat a consumer. I feel great knowing I called it about the worry free service.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2018

I purchased a dinette from Macy's, 2 weeks prior to booked delivery, they never showed or called regarding delivery on Saturday. This is unacceptable. If Macy's did not charge to cancel I would cancel. This is sad for a company this big, they need to get a new delivery service to fix the problem, I will never buy from Macy's furniture again. I am retired and the furniture person could have told me Saturday is busy. A weekday would be a better choice. Also I called all day starting at 10 am to 5 pm. No answer until they closed, the employees are running the show and management is slacking.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2018

I will never shop at Macy's again and will do everything to warn other consumers. I ordered 2 pieces of furniture and they were scheduled for delivery. Then I received an email saying there was a delay in delivery to the warehouse, and I had to call and confirm that I still wanted the 2 items. Then I received an email saying merchandise was in warehouse followed by a second email asking me to schedule delivery. I scheduled delivery and received a confirmation email.

A few days before delivery I called Customer Service to confirm the time window of delivery and was told the merchandise did not exist, that I wasn't scheduled for delivery, and that my order was cancelled. This is ridiculous. Was I supposed to sit at home waiting for delivery of an order that Macy's apparently had decided to cancel and didn't bother to inform me of? I was told by a customer service rep on the phone that the emails were "automated," as if that is a valid excuse for a total lack of communication and information.

Original review: Feb. 10, 2018

Purchased a $5,000 couch through Macy’s, the saleslady talked us into the warranty program, “Worry No More” assuring us that if anything at all went wrong with the couch the warranty would take care of it. Soon we had several issues and called “Worry No More”. THEY REPAIRED NOTHING!!! No more Macy’s for us!!!

Original review: Feb. 6, 2018

I bought a Leather Sectional Sofa, almost equal to the Natuzzi brand but honestly can't remember on top of my head. But at that time, I did a lot of research and bought it for about $2500 for 3 pcs including a chaise at the end. It was on sale... either Memorial Day or Fourth of July. I think the reason the majority of the (bad) reviews are about the item they bought rather than the service they received from Macy's Furniture Department. It's true Macy's should stand behind the item they offer to their customers, but I already know furniture is a very iffy product. Majority are just bad. You have to be the smart consumer.

Many people think they bought leather but they have many names for faux (fake) leather that most people don't know. Like Bonded leather, PU leather, leatherette, vegan leather, pleather, etc. Then there's the ones with fancy names b/c it's a proprietary blend and they stick the word "leather" at the end. Note none of these are leather. Then there is the different types of leather quality... I like to buy top grain and leather furniture from Europe. Way better than China leather. Again... research. Top grain might not be the most aesthetically pleasing but it's the most durable from my experience.

Anyways, I did wish Macy's carried more brand name furniture, but I also see why they don't. And most of the time they offer something similar but not the same.

Their deals are really good when they have their Home sale. Also their delivery was on time and the guys did a good job delivering it and putting it together. A couple years later I noticed the chaise was sinking so I called them to take a look (part of manufacture warranty) and the guy was nice again and he ended up just putting more stuffing inside and told me how to do it next time since most likely it'll flatten again and I won't have my warranty. It looked easy enough. So I'm a happy Macy's customer.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2018

My partner & I went to the Macy's store in Galleria Mall in Henderson Nevada to purchase a mattress & box spring. First of all, the salesperson showed us to the mattress that we asked about that we seen on sale. She took us there. Left and never to return. While telling us the one on sale was not available in queen size only twin. Well we figured we can test it knowing the queen would be just bigger. We decided the bed was perfect to our liking. So we hunted down the salesperson that took us on drop off and said we will take it. Well the one we tested was a pillow top mattress and we were under the impression this would be the one ordered by her since she dropped us off there and told us this was the bed. Needless to say waiting for a 10 day delivery totally different mattress.

Called customer service. All you get is lip service, "Sorry," but no change can be done because of a price difference is more," but if the salesperson would have come to check on us and tell us at the time of the sale we would not be bedless. And a customer service by the name of David was very nasty and literally told me I was crazy for thinking I would be able to get the mattress that cost more for the sale price. Macy's does not care about their customers because this is one less that will be shopping with them! And I have a family of no less than 34 and I will tell them not shop there and anyone else who does not want to feel that your dollar is appreciated and they could give a flip about the true person who comes in the door! Up sale the customer any way you have too...

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

Don't waste your money or time buying this warranty (WorryNoMore 7 years) from Macy’s. This is a scam. Also customer service is terrible. I wasn’t rude I was very polite. They just hang up on me. I filed a claim about a stain on my sofa. They said it’s doesnt cover because I waited more than 15 days to file a claim... I explain to them this was my first time doing this and I only late 8 days. They still rejected me. It makes me feel so frustrated so I checked WorryNoMore reviewers and I noticed it’s was not only me with this problem. I learned a lot of consumers are very disappointed with their service saying that they always come with an excuse to tell them that the warranty don’t cover. So please don’t waste your money. They won’t help you. The only thing they do is to keep your money. WORRYNOMORE IS A BIG SCAM.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I purchased the WORRYNOMORE 7 Year Warranty from MACY’S along with my furniture. What closed the deal for me when deciding to purchase furniture from Macy’s was the warranty. Had I know that the WORRYNOMORE was a fraud and doesn’t honor anything that is in warranty, I would have never purchased the furniture from Macy’s. Hence, Macy’s should step up and investigate their fake WORRYNOMORE Warranty company and stop using them. I am disappointed in Macy's for continuing to use this company.Macy's should not be selling this warranty to any of their customers.

MACY’S WILL EVENTUALLY SEE A DECLINE IN FURNITURE SALES ONCE EVERYONE IS AWARE OF THIS FRAUDULENT WARRANTY COMPANY. I definitely will not buy furniture from Macy's again! Why, when I have so many other choices and with trusted warranty companies who will honor warranty like they are supposed to. Bottom line customer beware, do not purchase a WORRYNOMORE Warranty!!!

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Horrible Service. Bad excuses for not covering what is clearly covered. I purchased a patio umbrella, paid for the coverage, made a claim last year as it was starting to break, got a technician to come and take pictures, and now, when it finally broke, they claim would not proceed as since the initial claimed expired. What kind of a sorry excuse is that? I cannot even file the claim...and after requesting a supervisor, I'm told that they are all busy...SCAM...DO NOT PURCHASE.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2018

I bought 2 sets of furniture from Macy's Home Furniture Store in 2009. I have so many complaints about Macy's and WorryNoMore that it's too much to write about. Right from the beginning starting with delivery, covered defects, customer service, and now WorryNoMore not honoring their warranty. I'm interested in filing a class action lawsuit as I see I'm not the only one unhappy.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

Received delivery 1/5/2018 for patio furniture. 2 chairs were not correct and were returned. Spoke with customer services immediately but could not redeliver because furniture was not at the warehouse. Called first thing Monday morning and was advised that the remaining pieces would be delivered 1/19/2018. Two weeks later. This is unacceptable. I had to take time off of work . This is not good customer service since this is Macy’s error. My merchandise should have been priority on the next scheduled delivery. I have purchased numerous furniture items and I am extremely disappointed how I have been treated. No one will even try to resolve the problem.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Purchased 9/2015 four beds from Macy's (Staten Island, NY), two Queen Adjustable and two twin beds. Purchased WorryNoMore coverage. Salesperson never told me that the WorryNoMore was just for the mattresses and not the adjustable bases on the two queen beds. It does not say it on the receipt either. The beds were for a condo in Florida and were not used until this winter, 2017. After one month, one adjustable bed started making a loud clicking noise at the foot end when adjusting the height. Macy's then tells me the adjustable part of the bed was not in the insurance.

I have always purchased coverage and the salesperson did not say the coverage was just for the mattress. Now I have to purchase and pay for labor to fix. I recommend not going to Macy's for any furniture or bedding. They do not stand behind their products and will not make any kind of adjustment for me. I was on the phone for two hours and they just kept passing me over to other departments. No more Macy's for me.

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

I bought a sofa from Macy's in 2014. Within a 1 year the seat cushions were sagging. I purchased the "Worry No More" extended warranty. I called them. They sent out a tech which said, "it’s the foam cushioning" and that is not covered in the warranty. There is a dip in the sofa and it feels like you’re sitting on the floor. I have asked different upholstery companies and they all tell me it is cheaper to purchase a new sofa than repair it and they said they used the cheapest foam in the sofa. What a waste of $2300 dollars.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Wish I could give zero stars. Scheduled delivery of sofa I ordered 2 weeks ago. It was to come 12/9. Macy's rescheduled for 12/11. I noticed they had an incorrect digit in my phone number, so I notified them and received confirmation that they updated the info. The day before delivery, status emails changed delivery numerous times, and the final one was 10:15 am-12: 15 pm. I waited at home and by my phone the entire time. Checked the status online when still no contact or sofa at 12:20, and it stated delivered! Nope.

After holding for 30 minutes, an associate looked up the order and stated they came, called and voicemail was full, so they left. ACTUALLY, the location their address described was some other location, they called the wrong number, and didn't bother to go to the door. She spent another 20 minutes trying to reach the warehouse, and when she did, she stated they couldn't reach the driver, "so at this point the delivery is a no."

After several more minutes and still getting no further resolution, I requested a supervisor. The supervisor kept stating that they weren't going to deliver and I could call back to reschedule. She finally stated she would have the warehouse call me by close of businesses to let me know if they could deliver today or tomorrow. Almost an hour and a half on the phone & no other resolution! Both the representative and supervisor were apathetic and unhelpful. Now, at 5:40 pm, I have heard NOTHING. I called back and have currently been on hold for over 30 minutes waiting to speak with someone. No sofa, no callback, and because they updated their system to indicate sofa was delivered, I can't even reschedule delivery online. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

I had purchased an expensive sectional set from Macy's and bought the worry no more product to cover the contents. I noticed accidental cuts on the seat of one the sofa chairs, the representative visited and checked on it and indicated that he cannot repair it and it would need a replacement of the leather of the seat, and someone from Macy's will call to get next appointment set up. However, to my surprise, when I logon to the uniters account, it shows that the claim was marked as completed to my satisfaction. In my opinion, this product is a waste of money.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I purchased furniture from Macy's in 2010, and bought the Worry No More warranty. I was told that I could file for a reimbursement in 7 years if it was not used. I didn't not use it. Now, how many of you out there would keep your receipt and paperwork for 7 years? Well, I did! I called early in 2010 and was told I was too early to file. Well, I just called back, and now I am too late! And, shame on me, earlier this year, I bought MORE furniture from Macy's with another warranty from this outfit! None of that mattered, and when I asked to speak with the supervisor, I was hung up on. (I spoke calmly, no bad language, just asked nicely to speak to her boss). Poor, poor customer service handling of a repeat customer!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I had purchased a queen size mattress at Macy’s for a price close to $3,000. Mattress is giving a bad back pain, hips, shoulders and lower back pain. I stop by Macy’s and spoken to the sales department explaining my bad experience. I expressed that I was looking to get a very firm mattress, more like a floor but comfortable for myself. They apparently are just doing the sales but not responsible for anything else. I call their corporate trying to get a new mattress and also try to be compensated for the time that I have been suffering of all pain and night without sleep. Also I am seeing a therapist to massage in which isn’t helping at all. I paid for the bottom frame in which it never arrived. Calling and getting a wasted of time and incompetent worker. I need a new replacement mattress plus I wanted be compensated for my pain and suffering I am going throughout right this moment.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I purchased a Julius Leather Sectional well over $3300.00 dollars. I have had it for four days now. The power chair blew out. Sparks came out of the chair. The price tag is still on the sectional. I tried to chat with a representative about the issue as I also purchased the warranty. The representative refuse to help me because I did not have the order number. So, I called after repeating myself many times, I noticed on the call I was placed on mute. When I asked about why I was being muted, the agent explained that she would transfer me to an English speaker. I talked with someone name Travis. He said he could not find me in the system. He was rude and indifferent and did not even introduce himself or apologize about what happened without my prompting. He then hung up. I called back and a nice young lady explained why she could not help me. I was told to call in the morning.

Summary: It took two deliveries to get my order right and yet, I was billed a restocking fee a day after I corrected an error entered from the sales representative. I was told that I had two weeks to purchase an additional warranty when I had only three days. I was told that the movers would move my existing furniture to another room only to find out that they could not because the room was downstairs and now I have a defective couch.

After numerous calls, I was told call back tomorrow. So tomorrow, I will call and have to explain myself all over again. This was the "white glove" service and I purchased a warranty when I had not even taken full possession of the defective sectional. The customer service representatives stick to the script and treat the customer very, very poor. Macy's was never like this and I know because this was my third sectional I had purchased. I am not filing complaints to get the matter resolved. Poor experience, poor service and poor quality furniture.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I Purchased Macy's Insurance for the outdoor Furniture, it is for 5 years. The furniture that is hardly used, Cushions started shredding apart after 2 years. I called Macy's, they said it was too late but would replace & do me a favor (I have the insurance so they are not doing me any favors). I am now on month 5. Still no cushions. Terrible experience, Thought Macy's would honor agreements, I guess not!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The customer service at Macy's is awful. My husband and I purchased a leather recliner from their home store. After two days we notice the chair had what appeared to be a rip and a scratch. I immediately called the store and they said they would send a technician out. (We also had purchased the warranty for $168.00 which they said I didn't need to use because it had been 2 days). The technician came out and reported to Macy's it was natural scarring (the one scratch was through the leather and you could see the split).

I spoke with Macy's customer service, sent them pictures etc. They told me the chair could be returned but we would have to pay a 15% restock fee even though I had the chair 2 days. They refused to stand by their product and I ended up losing $150.00 on the purchase (delivery and restock). They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Please think twice before making a big purchase with them. We were so upset. The whole family loved the chair and now we are out $150.00 on a very large purchase that took me awhile to make. I have attached one picture and there was another mark as well.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Our experience with Macy's was good. We discovered an abrasion and puncture mark on the back of new leather sofa several weeks after delivery. Because of the position of the couch in our home these flaws were noticeable in daylight. Hard to tell what caused them, possibly something in transport, and we hadn't noticed them at first. WorryNoMore folks said sofa was still under manufacturer's warranty. We reached Macy's customer service and they made an appointment for inspector from US Quality Furniture Service to take a look at the problem.

A pleasant, uniformed young man from USQFS arrived for scheduled appointment, on time. He spent less than a minute examining the couch and told us the amount of natural light in our house made it impossible for him to make a satisfactory, invisible repair. He then took a few pictures of the damaged area and the tags underneath the couch. "I'm going to recommend that they exchange it for a new one," he said. After a few minutes on the phone with a Macy's representative he had arranged for the exchange. About a week later we had a brand new, pristine sofa. No additional delivery charges.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

My husband and I purchased a WorryNoMore protection plan when we purchased a leather sofa from Macy's. We only purchased it because we were basically getting our money back. We didn't need to use the warranty so we patiently waited for our store credit. Of course we never received it. When I contacted WorryNoMore I was told I had to contact them within 90 days of the expiration date of the plan so I was no longer eligible for the credit. I contacted Macy's and they were no help. I checked the plan brochure I received and it does not say anywhere they have to be notified within 90 days of the expiration of the plan. This plan is a joke, save yourself some money and don't purchase this plan.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

In August we ordered 3 leather sofas. We agreed to make a first available delivery on Sep 5th. 1 days before they called and said sorry we have to reschedule cause the sofas have not arrived on time to warehouse. We’re rescheduled a 2nd time for Sep 19th and guess what? On Sep 18th they confirmed they will deliver the next day between 10-12 but when 19th came they didn't show up. We checked online and it said select delivery date with an option for next month. Really?

Why you even cancelled without even telling us? Also they opened a card for me and we agreed to finance the 2 couches for 12 mos and 1 couch on my card. But no they decided to charge 2 times my card $5300 ea time and still opened a card. Why? Have no idea. Definitely people working there are not professionals, they have no idea of what they are doing. Here I am sitting on the day of "suppose" delivery without couches again. This is just outrages. They probably didn't even plan to deliver them. How sad.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I purchased a leather sectional in 2014 and the sectional had nothing but problems from the start. Base was broken within a month and they had a guy come out with a nail gun and shot some nails. Now the base is broken again. I called Macy's and they said sorry it's not covered and forwarded my call to "WORRYNOMORE" ** company. They said "you didn't call us in the timeframe of when this happened so your warranty is voided and nothing is covered." What a bunch of horse **. They'll be hearing from a lawyer pretty soon. AVOID BUYING FURNITURE FROM THIS COMPANY! They are still selling this WORRYNOMORE warranty in their store as of today.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Several years ago, I purchased a coffee table from Macy's, along with a WorryNoMore 7-year policy to protect my investment. A month ago, the glass table top broke and I called Worrynomore. They denied my claim because they stated that I had not contacted them within a stipulated seven-day period. Nowhere was this time frame written on the Worrynomore documentation I received from Macy's, nor did anyone tell me when I purchased the policy that I had a limited time to file a claim. When I complained to Worrynomore, they sent me a copy of the official policy, but that was years after the fact. After reading the scathing online reviews of Worrynomore at ConsumerAffairs, I honestly think this company has invented every possible excuse to avoid paying a claim.

I wonder why Macy's continues to sell this unreliable policy. At this point, I would hesitate to buy any more furniture from Macy's because there are no real guarantees. I would also participate in a class-action suit against Worrynomore, if one were initiated. When all else failed with Worrynomore, I did contact Macy's and asked if I could purchase a new glass table top (at my own expense). The Customer Service representative told me this was impossible. She said that my only option was to purchase an entirely new coffee table at full price, which was unacceptable. I do plan to follow up with the Management at Macy's to see if any further agreement can be reached, but meanwhile wanted to notify you of the situation. Many thanks for reviewing my case.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information