Macy's - Furniture
3.58/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Macy's - Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

573 Macy's - Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 27, 2019

We just bought a leather sofa today at our local Macy’s store. It was a great experience as well as being a quick experience. The sales person was very helpful and thorough. The prices are very competitive and I would definitely recommend.

Original review: April 25, 2019

The furniture is very comfortable and enjoyable. The saleswoman was very helpful and knowledgeable in explaining the furniture. The delivery was easy, the deliveryman placed everything in place, the bed, mattress, and the sofa. He also took the packing materials with him, leaving my home clean and in order.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 4, 2018

This was hands-down the best delivery service we’ve ever had. They even put red carpet over our steps to make sure they didn’t damage any furniture as they carried it in. The quality of Macy’s Furniture Is excellent!!

Original review: June 17, 2019

We wanted to purchase a mattress brand we had in the past and had a positive experience with. We saw Macy's carried it. This was a first time ever purchasing a mattress/box spring from Macy's. But never again!! From the beginning the sales information was vague. We were up-sold an adjustable base of which we cancelled immediately only to hear they couldn't just adjust the sale order. They had to cancel the sale & start all over. Our moving date also changed adding an additional 10 days to our delivery date. We were told our Sealy mattress was being made especially for us, ha, I'm not sure how true that is. When we finally received the mattress it had a toxic smell to it. The delivery guys were in & out in 5 minutes...it quickly went downhill from there. I texted them within a half hour to come back & get the merchandise. I now had a horrible headache from the smell. They didn't answer or respond.

I called Kenneth, the salesperson we dealt with, he said that it's not the material. It's the adhesive and the smell would dissipate and be gone in a few days. Others had also complained of this before. I knew better & said no I couldn't trust that it would. It's not a new smell issue, it's a toxic smell, please cancel this & return our money & old set and get this toxic set out of our home. Customer service stated this was not the first mattress with this problem. The truck drivers said this was the second mattress just this week with this same problem.

In speaking with customer service, specifically Jonathan, LaFrieda and Tracey, I heard nothing but excuses and apologizes that I had a bad experience...not that Macy's new way of doing business caused it!! Originally we were told we could get our old mattress back but when they came to take the toxic set away they did not have our old set with them. Then we were told no we couldn't get the setback, it had been disposed of. So yesterday we went to a local mattress store purchased a new set and it would be delivered tomorrow. Today we received a call to schedule a delivery time for our old set!! Unbelievable.

I will never do business with Macy's again, I don't think they are a quality store anymore. I'm 60 years old and have purchased many mattresses and have never experienced a toxic smell or a three week delivery time without a finished sale in place & ready to sleep on. We went in prepared with the type and model of a mattress and thought it was going to be an easy purchase...it was everything but easy. So in a nutshell, don't shop for a mattress at Macy's and make sure any mattress you buy is a CertiPUR-US mattress or an organic/naturally made mattress unless you don't have a sense of smell or care about breathing toxic fumes or spending time & money in a store that doesn't care if they lose you as a customer or not. It could have all been so simple.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Zero. The mattress is practically new. Maybe bought in October. It is horrible. Sinks totally on one side. Supposed to be firm, not at all. The box spring supports cracked right through the wood. We just this week bought lumber and drilled it on the cracked wood. I am about 125 pounds. Worst bed and box spring, didn’t last a year. We did buy from the outlet store, but it’s about our third one. Watch out, Macy’s mattress in Tampa called and gave me 30.00 credit a few months ago. That was before we discovered yesterday the whole wood frame cracked when we looked under the box spring cover, since the bed felt totally unsafe, and it was!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: June 10, 2019

We purchased a sectional from Macy’s. It was delivered on February 24. Two days later I called to report a bad smell. I was told it’s been in the warehouse. Just needs to air out. On day five started to break out with a rash. It took me two weeks to realize it was the sectional!! Called again. Got no help. Waited a week. Called again, still no help. Not their problem. Now my husband has the rash. WORRYNOMORE Protection Plan is a joke! They don’t care. Not their problem we are allergic to the fabric (how do they know it’s the fabric). Finally said they would credit us half of the price. However not give us back the whole $334 we paid for the protection plan. Told me to sell it to someone else.

Original review: May 23, 2019

We didn’t $1600 in a couch. This was an online purchase. Delivery was fine. After 4 months the cushions have lost the firmness and we cannot sit on the cushions anymore. Called customer service. They sent a technician to repair it. They said there is nothing wrong with it and it’s built to specifications. We are stuck with a couch that we cannot use.

Original review: May 20, 2019

Before you buy make sure you really look over the furniture. Not only was it expensive but the drawers do not open right, or smoothly. You have to really tug on them then they just about come off the cheap rails. They are furniture you would expect from a cheaper store like Rooms To Go. I called them on the furniture as soon as it was delivered but they wouldn't take it back. I couldn't get it off my credit card. They won't fix the drawers. I thought Macy's was a good store but I cancelled my credit card and won't shop there again!

Original review: May 18, 2019

I purchased the Julius II leather power reclining sectional Sofa collection from Macy's. They talked me into the insurance for it, insisting how important it is to have it! That anything can go wrong with my furniture! So they delivered it and I noticed the delivery guy trying to hide the fact that he was cleaning off the top of the chaise.

A week later after once or twice the chaise was sat on only by a girl for one hour and myself one evening - I then realized the leather where you sit is deteriorating, stretching, thinning! I called and got someone out here to look at it a few time before they finally showed up and the guy was rushed and he snapped a photo or two and looked under my chaise for some reason & then left. I never heard back. So I took photos and sent them over to that company that Macy’s uses and then I had to call again because still nothing was being done about it and so I called again. They sent another guy, the guy agreed it looked awful and he even pointed out other issues with my leather stretching on my recliner also and that batting -cushioning in the recliner seat back is falling down inside.

A few more weeks went by. I called the store to report that the company they are using has not done anything. They come here take photos and I never hear back from them. The Macy’s furniture store man said. They said it’s normal wear and I said, "After owning the sofa one week!?" I demanded they do something to replace my chaise at least for the old leather on it, that I feel they tricked me and sold me a used chaise! He said no they don’t do anything! I said I want to stop them from charging me for insurance then, if it’s useless! He said he can’t! I am so distraught over the way Macy’s is handling these issues with my sofa.

Whatever you do, do not purchase a sofa from Macy’s!! Poor quality, lousy fake insurance! I am one person using this sofa and it looks like I have had it years! It’s now been 4 months and the leather is stretched more in the chaise. I am not over with I am a stage build, I can’t even sit there because it’s more ruined if I even sit there a few minutes. :( I definitely dislike Macy’s now. They don’t care about their shoppers. #macys

Original review: May 15, 2019

I purchased a cast iron patio furniture in Aug 2017 thinking that is good quality since it wasn't cheap at all... It is now May 2019... The patio furniture has been covered during the winter with an expensive patio cover for protection. Not only is the paint chipped on chairs and table, the cast iron is also cracked in places. I had already had a prior disappointment with couches from Macy's and I decided to give them another chance by purchasing this patio set and I was told the Worry No More would cover everything which is a lie (they do not cover weather issues) so that is a waste of money and false advertisement to get you to purchase furniture from them. Apparently when I tried to file a claim they said that I had canceled the Worry No More back in 2017 which I don't remember doing, but either way they wouldn't cover weather problems anyway. They were also rude and dismissive. Lesson learned to never purchase furniture from Macy's.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased a couch in January 2012 from Macy's, I was told if I got the protection plan and did not use it I would get my money back after 7 years. Well, it is 7 years and 4 months later and we haven't received our money back so I went to review the paperwork. Turns out you have to submit a claim for your money back. I just tried to file to get my money back, they said I am outside the 90 day window to file for it. Are you kidding me? I was not even told I would have to do anything let alone that it was time sensitive.

They said it was in the literature provided to me in the cleaning kit. Again, this has to be some sort of a scam that bets on people not reading the cleaning kit documents or forgetting after 7 years to look for their money. I called both Worry No More and Macy's and both told me there is nothing they can do. You have lost my business Macy's.

Original review: May 7, 2019

I purchased a couch from Macy's on Staten Island on March 30th and was told that it would take 4-6 weeks by my sales associate. 5 1/2 weeks later I call since I have heard nothing and was told my sales associate was on sick leave and they don't go into other associates account by the MANAGER, so nobody knew to follow up. There is still a business to run and I don't know the sales associate, she didn’t call me to tell me she was on sick leave.

I was told my couch would come June 9th which is 4 weeks AFTER my delivery time frame. The manager and she said that is what the date always has been but my sales associate told me you will get it by the first week of May, maybe even earlier like the last week of April. She then went on to tell me it is 6-8 weeks for delivery but my sales receipt also says 4-6 weeks. That is poor customer service by a manager and I was lied to multiple times. Never again will any part of Macy’s receive any of my money. I rather support HONEST businesses.

Original review: May 1, 2019

I buy a sofa mattress, I pay at the store and delivery to my apartment in about 4 weeks, but the mattress come with some mold. I pay $1,300 expecting to receive a brand new mattress not a one with bad manufacture! So I call customer service and they say I have to open a claim so deal I did and after 30 days waiting! They just call me and say, "Sorry it doesn’t under the guarantee anymore!" Sorry for spending a lot money and not happy at all!!!

Original review: April 17, 2019

Purchased beautiful leather couch & loveseat just as the store switched to Macy's. Told we had a lifetime warranty. Both the couch & loveseat broke down & we were told they could not find the paperwork & would not even try to find their records to make the purchase right. The pieces stayed good about 5 years.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Please read this before buying. I spent $320 extra on a Cleaning package Warranty they offer from a company called WorryNoMore. The warranty clearly states they will come out and fix any accidental stain anytime for 7 years. I have done every stain myself for 5 years. I called to make a claim for some soda spilling and finally they respond with they won’t come clean the stain because the couch looks like there are other stains from being 5 years so they will not come fix the one stain. I’m not asking them to clean my couches. Even if I did I paid a lot for this service but no just asked for the one stain. They said they can’t help me because the couch has other wear from being 5 years old. The point is they try at all cost to not let you use this service. I talked to 3 supervisors there and looks like they are there to try at all cost to not help the service you paid for. I could have bought another loveseat or chair instead of this offer service.

Original review: April 7, 2019

We bought a $4000 mattress in 2017. Two years later it sagged. Handle ripped. We have a 10 years warranty on it. We filed a claim. They send a technician. He did some kind of measurement and conclude is not sagging enough. He also notes customer abuse so now is out warranty. Never Macy's again. I can't wait the day I see them out business.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Couch 1 purchased custom order beginning of November 2018, set to deliver mid January 2019 due to renovations. Couch came in the wrong color. Took 30 mins, 2 customer service calls, a call to our sales lady and the delivery guys getting involved to figure out what to do with the couch- can we keep it while we wait for the correct one? Apperently a difficult question to answer. Kept it, get a call from sales lady saying the color we picked was discontinued a couple weeks before it was delivered. Got that sorted, replacement couch came in the correct color yesterday, 3/30/19. I had to call the store to see if it's ready to be scheduled for delivery because I did not get a notification. Couch came. No tags and the end piece doesn't fit properly to the rest of the couch. There is a gap between where the pieces connect and you can see the wall through the cushions of the couch.

Couch 2 was ordered in the beginning of December. Waited at the warehouse for 3 weeks before it was unloaded and we could schedule delivery, which was at the end of February. 8-10 weeks? Yeah right. Guys delivered the couch and as they were unwrapping the legs I noticed a missing piece which the driver just covered back up hoping we wouldn't notice. He went as far as sticking a felt piece over where the foot should have been. I took it off and asked him why he's doing that if there is a piece missing and got the deer in headlights stare. So yet another Saturday wasted waiting for a time window delivery of a metal foot piece. (I asked if It was difficult to install or if they can just ship it and was told it's difficult and better to have someone come do it. They came, slid the piece in, didn't even use a hammer to knock it into place. WASTE OF TIME. If it happens to you just get it shipped.)

On top of that, I never got my first bill but got a past due phone call. When I finally received a bill there was a 27% interest charge. We had gotten 2 year interest free financing. Idiots all around except for our amazing sales lady who helped us through it all. She was just as pissed about everything as we were. I like the couches. I have the customer service and how you have to fight for the things you paid for.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Purchased a mattress from Macy's on March 9, 2019. They set a delivery date for 20 days later, March 29, 2019. Figured it was a long wait but went with it. Delivery date comes and we clean out our room waiting for mattress. They call an hour before & tell us they needed to postpone till April 1. No explanation, nothing. Rude customer service. Nope. Sorry not going to work - went back to the store canceled the order. What a horrible experience. Never again buying furniture from Macy's.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Our original order was made online with a salesperson. She got it wrong even after review. So one set had to be returned, took 2 mo for the refund. The full set mattress a Sealy Plush Resort sagged in a couple weeks & was returned & exchanged. We waited all day for the delivery & then called at 6 pm to say the truck broke down. It was then delivered 2 days later. When questioned when the refund of the return would be made Macy's said we did not return ours! They would check with the warehouse! This took weeks & weeks. We called several times & a manager said she would refund our exchange. It has been 4 weeks & still no refund! NEVER shop for mattresses at Macy's!!! Poor customer service!

Original review: March 21, 2019

Purchased an expensive sectional and the 7 year Worry No More plan in 2015. Had issues with the spring popping and had a claim made. The repairman arrived a month later after stating special clips were needed for the repair. He never used those clips and pointed out many areas that need repairs. I informed Worry No More of this and they just closed my case.

Well their repair broke again and I'm trying to make a claim for fixing their repair and the other issues pointed out by their repairman (3rd party) and they will not repair it, claiming I never reported it and are using my report that states the issues I'm trying to claim. They state it was reported too long after being noticed and that I reported it, by looking at my report done a day after the service. I must take them to court now and we have 3 years left on the Worry No More warranty. The manager hung up on me. Overall, DO NOT EVER GET WORRY NO MORE WARRANTY. THEIR ONLY GOAL IS TO REFUSE CLAIMS. See them in court.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Macy's furniture is a scam I was told that I had 90 days to return a mattress if it was too firm well the mattress end up being too firm. When I went back into the store I would have to pay 85 delivery in a 15% restocking fee. Okay so when I got ready to do that I was also told that I would have to read buy the mattress for $1,300 and then will be credit for $800. What a scam. Please inform your customers ahead of time. If they decide to get a second mattress that they would have to buy the mattress again upfront and then will credit portion of their money. What a scam. I will never buy nothing from Macy's ever again.

Original review: March 18, 2019

My father purchased an expensive dining room set from Macy's back in 2016. When he went to purchase it, the saleswoman talked extremely highly of the Worry No More protection plan and said that if there is any issue with the furniture or if any damages happened, all he would have to do is call and they would fix the issue. Of course he purchased this plan. The saleswoman said it was for 7 years but in actuality we find out it’s only for 5 years when we have two years left now.

Fast forward to current time and damages have occurred to the table. We went back to Macy's to find out more information and we get the 1800 number. After applying all information including videos and pictures to the app, two days later we find out they are refusing to service the table. Apparently you have only 15 days to submit a claim once the damages have occurred. No one told my father this when he purchased the plan. So now Macy's and Worry No More is refusing to fix the issue. Highly recommend DO NOT purchase the warranty plan. It’s a scam and useless.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Macy's... you have TERRIBLE customer service sometimes! After speaking with a sweet lady about my new furniture order, I was transferred and spent a half hour on the phone with the Worrynomore coordinator department this morning, trying to find out where my warranty claim for our current couch was at...since no one ever reached out after repeated attempts from me. After your associate blamed me for never receiving our couch cushions, it was revealed that Worrynomore sent them to the wrong address, after NEVER contacting me about anything!

When I originally called, the company sent a representative out to my current (correct) address, investigated, and made a claim for my broken frame on the chaise and our frayed cushions. Worrynomore CANCELLED that claim unbeknownst to me, made a different claim for only our cushions under the wrong address, and never confirmed anything with either Macy's or me. I've been a Platinum cardholder for years and I've NEVER had an associate refuse to escalate like they did today and blame me for something that was out of my control. I would try to contact your warranty department again through email or phone but I know nothing will get done - so maybe you'll pay attention if I act like a complete BRAT publicly on Facebook! WASTE of $300 on a warranty! Meanwhile I'll just sit on my broken couch!!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I had the worst service from this company. They are a complete scam, typical of warranty services sold with high-priced items. I basically negated the supposed sale price of the mattress buying this false warranty. Their "claim process" consists of submitting pictures online and a description of the incident. In spite of reading and following the claim process exactly, my claim was denied next day without anyone examining the mattress stains in person. The company's response was that my pictures showed general soiling which is not covered. My description of the incident was pet stains and my pictures showed just that. Shame on them and Macy's for selling a service they never intended to fulfill. Beware of any extended warranty plan, especially when located in Florida, scam central.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Be certain to read the offer carefully and mark your calendar for 7 years to the future if you choose to purchase this scam because you only have 90 days after that date to receive your Great Give Back. It's easy to lose track of time and I missed it by 90 days due to a death in the family. Other things took precedence and I didn't make note of the 90 day window to file. NO, I would never purchase this protection plan and consider it poor business practice as I would imagine they rarely ever need to satisfy the Great Give Back offer.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Purchased a 7 year protection plan for a recliner 4 years ago for $168.00. The frame cracked, the company gave me a choice of a $135 credit or full credit in an exchange. Macy's major inventory will not exchange this chair for anything that is a "Super Buy" or any chair that ships direct from the manufacturer which is 90 or 95% of the chairs that they sell. Macy's appears to be going the same way as many other retailers. After this transaction I am finished with Macy's.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We purchased a leather couch and love seat from Macy’s two months ago. The cushion that is used the most has collapsed to the point of me bottoming out when I sit on it. They sent an inspector to my house and claimed it is wear and tear. $2500 for furniture that collapsed in two months and that is wear and tear. I weigh 165 pounds and managed to completely collapse a cushion in two months. When I stated it is a quality issue and that I wanted to select another set from them and return the bad one I was read the same script four different times that returns have to be made in three days from purchase. Issues like mine don’t show up in three days! My request was denied because I didn’t call in three days. Don’t buy from Macy’s if you want to be treated right.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Drivers went to the wrong address. Never called me, this was Saturday. After waiting all day for the delivery I called and they had the audacity. Today I called and changed the address and I now had to wait 48 hrs to reschedule a delivery. This furniture is for my grandparents that are 84 yrs old and I had donated their furniture earlier that day, now they didn’t have where to sit. I called customer service today and the lady advise she would schedule for the furniture to be delivered today and I was going to get a call 2 hrs before the delivery. I happened to look at my email and see that the delivery was scheduled for 2 days from today, I could not believe it. Once again they lied to me.

I now called the customer service department and she tells me that I am wrong and they could have not said it was going to be deliver today, she told me it was a he said she said and I was wrong. This is incredible, she was insinuating I was lying. Requested to speak with a manager and he advised there was nothing he could do. The earliest would be 2 days from today. I requested to speak to a director or someone in upper management and after going back and forth I was finally given the name of a director. I know nothing will be done but someone needs to know how horrible the service is and the inconvenience they have caused my grandparents. I just won’t let this go.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I purchased a recliner from Macy's in San Jose, CA and purchased the worry no more plan. My chair got a tear in the seat and the power button stopped working. Worry no more said they could repair it so I waited and waited and waited for them to handle this. Finally I was told the parts were no longer available and I was given the choice of a store refund good for a purchase at Macy’s or a return of the money that was paid for worry no more.

I unfortunately asked for the refund so I could buy another couch...found out much later that the purchase had to be in the San Jose store. I would first have to pay for the item then wait for the refund. I thought that I could order another chair online but not so. Since I could not get to San Jose I am without a chair or any settlement of my claim... I should have asked for the return of the money. I know I will never deal with Macy’s or worry no more again. I was told so many different stories from so many different people every time I called. I would not wish this on anyone.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Reading these reviews, I totally concur with their views and experiences. I purchased a sectional couch in 2015 and filed a claim a year later because of a bent frame on the power recliner. Someone came out and told me I would get a replacement part. Whenever I called, I was told the part was back ordered. I misplaced the receipt, etc, and found it again this past November.

After numerous phone calls with both Macy's and the Warranty Co, I found out the reason for why my original claim wasn't fulfilled - there was a disagreement as to whether or not the manufacturer or warranty people would cover it. I was NEVER informed of this. Anyway, WNM people agreed to reopen the claim and check on my couch, which now also had another piece that would sink on one side when I sat down.

The technician told me I would get a new cushion and new part. Not so, according to WNM - they claimed the damage was normal wear & tear. A 3-yr old sectional that is hardly used? What a scam! The only reason I bought the warranty was because I know from others that power recliners can often fail. What a waste of $$$! I will NEVER buy furniture from Macy's again (no wonder their stores are closing - such horrible customer service and shoddy practices). WorryNoMore? - yeah right - totally making me worry why I trusted them. A $458 learning mistake!

Macy's - Furniture Company Information