Macy's - Furniture
3.50/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Macy's - Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

584 Macy's - Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

So I am finding out today just like every other post on here the warranty service is a complete lie. Put in a claim for the seams of my couch coming apart. Spent over $2k for this furniture and it's only 3 months old. Was told it will take 12 weeks for a new couch cover to be sent to me....cover...wth is that? Then told they can send a technician to come help me fix the issue once it arrives. After reading the reviews it seems like I'm going to have to shell out extra money for this technician. Again, how does one replace the fabric cover of a couch? Macy's needs to stop pushing this warranty service and make better quality products. I will no longer shop at this store and am very disappointed. My advice, shop elsewhere and don't waste your money at Macy's.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

After reading numerous reviews I realized I should have read them before I took this protection. We spent over 300 on three pieces of furniture. Essentially what we got was 3 boxes of cleaner, which has not lasted the 7 years of the warranty. First call - hole in back of leather chair. Technician came and said this was not covered--was a structure issue, not covered. I made no attempts for several years, during which time I lost two buttons from pillows, numerous stains unable to be removed by the cleaner. When I put in a claim, I did not know it had to happen essentially YESTERDAY, (although I am sure they would have found a reason not to cover that either!

The message I got back on the website said "It happened too long ago"! I thought the warranty covered continuously, but apparently not. We had other, non damage issues which Macy's did not handle well themselves. Needless to say I will take my furniture business elsewhere. "Worry No More" is a big big moneymaker for Macy's and the vendor and totally misrepresents itself. Worry no More, Macy's . You lost me.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I bought a rug from Macy's and was offered warranty from WORRYNOMORE; little that I know this company is nothing but a scam. After I found stains on the rug from my son birthday party, I contacted WORRYNOMORE to contacted to file a claim, was told they were going to send a carpet cleaner to clean the stains. After numerous try the stains were not coming off, they finally told me the warranty would not cover it because it was an accumulation of stains which was not true. I still can believe Macy’s still selling these garbage warranties.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I purchased sofa sectional from Macy’s in Novato and the Salesperson at that time sold us the 7 years Warranty saying that this is the best policy, as if we don’t use the warranty in 7 years. They will refund the full insurance premium we paid & we don’t have to do anything. Today I called Macy’s and found out something totally different. They are now saying my warranty expired in January this year & I was supposed to call them within 90 days of my policy expiring which I didn’t do so they cannot give me any refund. Macy’s Sales people never told me anything like that I have to call them within 90 days after 7 years.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Purchased a leather sectional couch from Macy's a few years back. Macy's was a delight to work with, and my wife and I love the couch. The couch has been great, but as of recent had an issue with a spring busting inside one of the sections of the couch. Spoke with Macy's regarding the warranty, and was directed to the Worry No More Warranty service who is a third-party vendor who is supposed to cover the repairs for your Macy's furniture when purchasing the extended warranty.

Well, I filed the claim for the issue which is supposed to be covered under the warranty that I have for 7 years following my purchase, and of course they tell me the claim cannot be covered. They did however tell me they can send a technician out to fix the couch at my own expense. The whole service is a complete Sham! Now that I have had this experience I have looked up the company to see nothing, but reviews just like this stating dissatisfaction for the warranty service. Wish this would have been displayed at the Macy's counter before I threw away an additional $1,000 to have my couch covered for 7 years.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I purchased a worry no more warranty on my couches, it's taken 5 months for them to process my claim, then they sent the wrong couches then when they went to send the right ones they only sent 2 of the three pieces that need to be replaced and told me I need to make a separate claim on the third piece even though it was already included in the first claim. I have spent more than 4 hours of my time and a day off of work trying to handle this. This service is designed so that the process is onerous that you don't make a claim. I do not suggest buying furniture here or buying this warranty. I hope that ConsumerAffairs can get involved and get this resolved right away.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I bought two mattresses and a box spring at the University Town Center, FL Macy's. TWICE the wrong box spring was delivered. The truck brought wrong a box spring each time and then I had to wait a week after each delivery. Who is checking the order? In addition, Macy's attempted to charge my credit card twice (which caused my card to get frozen). This is the worst customer experience I have ever had. I will never buy anything from Macy's again. Absolutely incompetency! Finally, after calling customer service, I was told I could not speak to the supervisor. Really...??? Look elsewhere. You can find the same price or better.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I purchased the worry no more warranty. Macy's uses Uniters warranty and they are Fraudulent company - you have to email them pictures. They keep on giving you the runaround and try and ignore the claim - when you contact them they tell you they have not received the photos. I had to send it to them 10x and had to continually call the company. The outdoor furniture had some stains that were covered by the warranty - someone eventually came out but refused to get all the stains out as they said I did not say how many chairs so they said they would only try and clean 3 - there were 5.

They could not get the stains out and according to the warranty they are to replace with matching pieces - they will not do this. The person they sent to clean the stains was also useless. Such a bad company. Do not buy from Macy's as they really do not care about the consumer and don't care that they are selling a fraudulent warranty - unfortunately I did not go online and read before I purchased from Macy's. Buyer beware of Macy's and the products they sell.

Original review: July 7, 2019

The Worry No More warranty provided by Macy's furniture department is not worth the cost. The salesperson will tell you that any damage due to tears, spills, stains or areas that wear improperly are covered. Our leather sofa with recliners started cracking at the seams just at the edge of the cushion. After the technician came and inspected the cracks he said that they could repair it. Two weeks later we get an email saying our claim was denied due to improper maintenance.

Section 11 of the "Ultimate" Protection Plan outlines 28 line items that are not covered under the plan one of which is cracking of leather. Macy's sells this plan and the buyer accepts it with the understanding that your furniture will be covered and repaired due to most all damages. Don't be fooled. This is a worthless plan and Macy's should stop convincing people to buy it!

Original review: July 5, 2019

Purchased expensive dining set to have delivered 6/29/2019 just in time for family gathering on 4th of July. Table arrived later than scheduled and incomplete (missing hardware). Scheduled new delivery date (7/5/19) but they were not willing to work with my work schedule. I could not leave work early and miss pay. It became too stressful trying to figure out how I would possibly make it in time so I canceled the whole order. I will never shop with Macy's again. The service was terrible and they did nothing to try to make their mistake right. My next step is to cancel my Macy's charge card account.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information