Macy's - Furniture
3.34/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Macy's - Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Macy's - Furniture Reviews

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

This one star review is for Macy’s policy/management regarding selling its customers a flawed or defective Julius II sectional combination and not taking responsibility for it. ***WARNING*** If you plan to purchase the Julius II with a power reclining sectional right next to a RIGHT ARM (RA) power recliner, the RA sectional as it reclines will cause the sectional (on its left) to also move and recline. This is due to the control buttons being mounted on the side of the seat cushion rubbing and being depressed as the RA sectional reclines.

Macy’s service and management refuse to admit this issue is a defect, but rather a design flaw to avoid responsibility. An exchange was offered by our salesperson, but then Macy’s wanted to charge us a 15% usage/restocking fee for a $3k purchase. We said nope. Then they agreed to waive the restocking fee but told us the price of the couch we wanted to exchange to had gone up from when we 1st saw in the store. We said nope and that they needed to honor its original sale price.

They finally agreed and we were ready to proceed with the exchange paperwork when another curveball was thrown at us — we had to pay for another shipping fee. We said nope. Couch was purchased on 8/31/19 and at the time of this review, issue has not been resolved. For salespeople, Nilar & Charlotte, who tried their best to help us, I would give them 4 stars. -1 star for not knowing this flaw/defective sectional combination in the Julius II which is apparently their best selling couch.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2019

This was a terrible experience from the beginning. When there was an error with the payment the day before delivery they automatically pulled my couch from the truck giving me no opportunity to rectify the problem before missing the delivery. Because of this, we had to wait an additional week which was incredibly frustrated because we had just moved so we had no couch at all. When I reached out to customer service the representative was kind and respectful but it was made clear that they took no responsibility even though I had absolutely no opportunity to fix the problem.

Soon after it was delivered we noticed that the fabric on one of the cushions appeared to be stretched out and it continued to get worse, only on one cushion. We filed a claim and someone came out, took pictures (after I had already set some myself), made a comment about pet hair on the couch and left. We never heard back. A couple weeks later I followed up and I was informed that the man who came to look at it said it was covered in dog hair (absolutely not true) and that it was automatically declined because it was due to pet damage.

This is not true and was very obviously a manufacturing error but now we are told it won't be covered. I am so disappointed and will never purchase furniture through Macy's again. I will be sure to tell anyone and everyone about the terrible experience and lack of accountability of this company. I spent quite a lot of money for this couch and have been disappointed every step of the way. This is not how people who spend money at your company should be treated.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Nov. 23, 2019

I should have read the reviews on Macy’s Worry No More before my purchase. First of all I never asked for the warranty plan. It was on my statement when I went to pay. But after hearing the sales person rave about the plan and how you could physically damage the furniture and it would be covered. After 2 attempts to put in a claim for my dining table that the finish had completely worn off and now everything sticks to the table I was told it’s not covered. The first time they sent a representative he told my husband I was cleaning it with abrasive cleaners. How the hell does he know that was he over for dinner and saw me cleaning the table with Clorox?

I called up and told worry no more that is a false statement. I only cleaned with the products they gave me. Previously when they sent a professional cleaner for my chairs he told me the worry no more products are damaging to furniture. I stopped using them and only used a damp rag with nothing on it. Slowly all the finish came off my table. I am horrified with their lack of customer service. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I am very disappointed in Macy's as a return furniture customer. I purchased a sectional and the worry no more insurance...well you should worry if you need to use the insurance as they make sure nothing is covered. Worry no more sent out a tech who told us the location of the hole in my sofa would not be repairable based on the location which means it would have to be replaced under the policy. The next thing I I know I was receiving a letter from the insurance company indicating my claim was denied due to accumulation. This is completely opposite of what was shared during the onsite visit by the service technician.

I feel like I was ripped off by Macys and Worry no more protection!! I will never buy from Macy's again or purchase the worry no more coverage. The holes should have been repaired and the discoloring on the sofa is an issue as well for what I paid. I wish there was a no star rating!! I would definitely support a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

DO NOT BUY FROM MACY'S FURNITURE. It is a waste of time, energy and peace of mind to order from Macy's furniture! I ordered a dining room set that they assured me would fully be in stock on October 20th. I needed this for Thanksgiving. Four phone calls later and having numerous lies told to me, I get an email on November 7th stating that my order is expected to arrive 1/14/2020! Are they serious? After being strung along and lied to for 3 weeks I spoke with a "supervisor" and cancelled my order. I should have heeded all the bad reviews I read about Macy's furniture and never ordered in the first place. Please take the advice of all the reviews that have been written and stay away from Macy's Furniture.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Shop elsewhere. My husband purchased a couch from Macy’s - and it has been nothing but awful. The purchase was made on October 5 - First sign we should've have taken our money elsewhere - they stated they couldn’t take two forms of payment and said we would need to purchase $2200 in gift cards and the remaining on Macy’s credit. After being on the phone with Macy’s for HOURS my husband finally gave in and purchased the sectional. When he was going to buy the sectional online - it listed the product was in stock and the delivery would be in two weeks. Then after dealing with them online and the phone, and making the transaction customer service stated - sorry - now it’s out of stock and delivery will be scheduled for 11/5. 2nd sign we should have just asked for our money back.

Fast forward to today 11/2 - I call to check the status and was told that the order will actually not be in Macy’s warehouse until 11/20 and the delivery will be scheduled at that time. Strike 3. I’m sure it will be December before our couches arrive. Ridiculous. Shop elsewhere. I’m hoping my husband just cancels everything and we take our money elsewhere. Bet we would have something new to sit on in a week.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I purchased furniture (which according to their website was in stock) from Macy's. I have now had receipt of the furniture at their warehouse pushed back 3 separate times. Every week I call for an update and every week I received the info that the delivery date to their warehouse will be the following week. Word to the wise, do not purchase furniture from Macy's if you think because their website says it is in stock that you will receive the furniture in a timely manner. There is a very high probability that receipt of the "in stock" furniture will be pushed out over and over again. $2500 and they can't even be bothered to update me on the status of the furniture or give me an accurate date of when it will even be in my city let alone my living room. I will never purchase anything from Macy's again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

DO NOT BUY!!!! They will not cover what it says they will (in my option). I have to say that because they could sue me HA HA. What I had was a kitchen table and set of chairs. You guessed it. Had a damage to one of the seats and they denied it. Try to get refund and after 2 years they only gave me $100 of my $500 back.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

We purchased a sectional sofa from Macy's. We were given a two hour window by the delivery people. They did contact us and gave us a new two hour window because they were running late. We were given a checklist of things they would do when bringing in our furniture. They did NOT put out carpet, or floor protectors or wear show protectors before entering our home like the list says they will do. They discussed the set up location for our sectional, but when I asked for a different configuration they said that wasn't possible. My husband and I did rearrange it the way I wanted and It WAS Possible. They did not wipe down the merchandise or discuss anything with me. I felt these two men were in a big hurry to leave, as evidently they were running late. The younger man, Hector, was willing to do some adjusting, but Javier said it couldn't be done. I was very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

We spent around $4,000 on a sectional sofa and an additional $500 for the WORRYNOMORE extended warranty. The sales person convinced us that we need not worry with the warranty and that stains were covered. When we did have a stain and called the warranty company, they denied the claim. I then tried to buy new cushions for my sofa and Macy's sent their technician to my house. He said that the stains should have been covered and put me on the phone with a Macy's representative who could not have been less helpful. She said she could not help and transferred me to the WORRYNOMORE warranty people who said there was nothing they could do. Do not be fooled and buy this warranty. Once the sale is in, they are not helpful at all.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information