Macy's - Furniture
1.16/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Macy's - Furniture

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

550 Macy's - Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Be certain to read the offer carefully and mark your calendar for 7 years to the future if you choose to purchase this scam because you only have 90 days after that date to receive your Great Give Back. It's easy to lose track of time and I missed it by 90 days due to a death in the family. Other things took precedence and I didn't make note of the 90 day window to file. NO, I would never purchase this protection plan and consider it poor business practice as I would imagine they rarely ever need to satisfy the Great Give Back offer.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Purchased a 7 year protection plan for a recliner 4 years ago for $168.00. The frame cracked, the company gave me a choice of a $135 credit or full credit in an exchange. Macy's major inventory will not exchange this chair for anything that is a "Super Buy" or any chair that ships direct from the manufacturer which is 90 or 95% of the chairs that they sell. Macy's appears to be going the same way as many other retailers. After this transaction I am finished with Macy's.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We purchased a leather couch and love seat from Macy’s two months ago. The cushion that is used the most has collapsed to the point of me bottoming out when I sit on it. They sent an inspector to my house and claimed it is wear and tear. $2500 for furniture that collapsed in two months and that is wear and tear. I weigh 165 pounds and managed to completely collapse a cushion in two months. When I stated it is a quality issue and that I wanted to select another set from them and return the bad one I was read the same script four different times that returns have to be made in three days from purchase. Issues like mine don’t show up in three days! My request was denied because I didn’t call in three days. Don’t buy from Macy’s if you want to be treated right.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Drivers went to the wrong address. Never called me, this was Saturday. After waiting all day for the delivery I called and they had the audacity. Today I called and changed the address and I now had to wait 48 hrs to reschedule a delivery. This furniture is for my grandparents that are 84 yrs old and I had donated their furniture earlier that day, now they didn’t have where to sit. I called customer service today and the lady advise she would schedule for the furniture to be delivered today and I was going to get a call 2 hrs before the delivery. I happened to look at my email and see that the delivery was scheduled for 2 days from today, I could not believe it. Once again they lied to me.

I now called the customer service department and she tells me that I am wrong and they could have not said it was going to be deliver today, she told me it was a he said she said and I was wrong. This is incredible, she was insinuating I was lying. Requested to speak with a manager and he advised there was nothing he could do. The earliest would be 2 days from today. I requested to speak to a director or someone in upper management and after going back and forth I was finally given the name of a director. I know nothing will be done but someone needs to know how horrible the service is and the inconvenience they have caused my grandparents. I just won’t let this go.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I purchased a recliner from Macy's in San Jose, CA and purchased the worry no more plan. My chair got a tear in the seat and the power button stopped working. Worry no more said they could repair it so I waited and waited and waited for them to handle this. Finally I was told the parts were no longer available and I was given the choice of a store refund good for a purchase at Macy’s or a return of the money that was paid for worry no more.

I unfortunately asked for the refund so I could buy another couch...found out much later that the purchase had to be in the San Jose store. I would first have to pay for the item then wait for the refund. I thought that I could order another chair online but not so. Since I could not get to San Jose I am without a chair or any settlement of my claim... I should have asked for the return of the money. I know I will never deal with Macy’s or worry no more again. I was told so many different stories from so many different people every time I called. I would not wish this on anyone.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Reading these reviews, I totally concur with their views and experiences. I purchased a sectional couch in 2015 and filed a claim a year later because of a bent frame on the power recliner. Someone came out and told me I would get a replacement part. Whenever I called, I was told the part was back ordered. I misplaced the receipt, etc, and found it again this past November.

After numerous phone calls with both Macy's and the Warranty Co, I found out the reason for why my original claim wasn't fulfilled - there was a disagreement as to whether or not the manufacturer or warranty people would cover it. I was NEVER informed of this. Anyway, WNM people agreed to reopen the claim and check on my couch, which now also had another piece that would sink on one side when I sat down.

The technician told me I would get a new cushion and new part. Not so, according to WNM - they claimed the damage was normal wear & tear. A 3-yr old sectional that is hardly used? What a scam! The only reason I bought the warranty was because I know from others that power recliners can often fail. What a waste of $$$! I will NEVER buy furniture from Macy's again (no wonder their stores are closing - such horrible customer service and shoddy practices). WorryNoMore? - yeah right - totally making me worry why I trusted them. A $458 learning mistake!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I purchased a dining room set along with a sectional. The dining room chairs are very uncomfortable. I can almost feel the boards on the chair when I sit. Anyhow my table had scuffs on it. I made a claim. The technician came out Saturday. Well as of today I got a letter from them rejecting my claim to repair my table and even get me new chairs. Is this how you treat people after they buy your warranty? I wish I could take legal action in a class action lawsuit. This is crud to me. Anyone interested email me at **.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I purchased a couch in 2016 and was talked into buying the WorryNoMore protection plan (was actually specifically told that if a child ruined the couch it would be covered). 2 years later in 2108 around Christmas time I had my family over and 2 of the children while unattended drew on the couch, and one ripped a few holes in it with a toy car. I was actually relieved that I purchased the WorryNoMore protection. I called to submit a claim on December 27th. I heard nothing until January 4th when I decided call and check on my claim. I was told I would hear back in 1-3 days, in fact I heard back in 4 minutes!!! THEY REJECTED THE CLAIM!

I called and explained the situation to the representative who seemed to understand and told me "Please ask me to speak to a supervisor" so I did. When the supervisor picked up he told me that the 4 year old child did this on purpose and it was not an accident. He asked if an Alzheimer patient did this would it be an accident??? I explained to him that YES this would be an accident as these patients do not have capacity! He was incredibly rude!!! I am not sure how to resolve this but I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau, Macy's, possibly the local news such as 7 on your side, and the authorities. This seems to be a HUGE scam.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I placed an online order through Macys.com on November 22, 2018. I received the loveseat about a week and a half later and that is when the nightmare started. The loveseat came without the metal frame. I called customer service and they said that the manufacturer would send me the missing piece right away. I had to call back three separate times because I had not heard from anybody. They kept telling me to wait. Finally, I get an email with a call tag number, apparently I needed to return the entire sofa; they were not going to send me the missing piece after all!

At this point I had thrown away the box because the sofa was sitting in my living room for two weeks and I was assured I would get the missing piece. I had to go buy a box for the sofa to ship it. On 12/18/18 I get a shipping confirmation from UPS that they had received the returned item. I have spent way too much time on the phone trying to get answers and I still don't have a refund (1/3/19). Finally, I was told by Macy's own customer service rep that they would never order from Macy's online, Quick Ship because the item is being sold from a vendor and not Macy's. The lack of transparency from ordering through Macy's online and the lack of communication and knowledge from Macy's reps has made this the most terrible shopping experience of my life. WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FURNITURE FROM MACY'S QUICK SHIP! Save yourself the stress and anxiety.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I bought furniture from Macy’s. The sales rep convinced me to purchase Macy’s “WorryNoMore” Protection Plan for $218. I was told that if I don’t file a claim for seven years, I would be issued a voucher, for the amount paid for the original plan, to be used for purchases at Macy’s. After seven years I received the voucher as promised. The problem is that the voucher is so restrictive that it makes it difficult to use. For example, on their website (**) it indicated that the voucher can only be used to purchase furniture, bedding, or area rugs. However, Macy’s defines bedding as just mattresses. The voucher also cannot be used for any ‘Quick Ship’ items. Most of Macy’s furniture is now designated as ‘Quick Ship’.

I believe the “WorryNoMore” program borders on being a scam. The voucher is virtually worthless. Additionally, when I phoned Macy’s customer service to ask some questions about the program, I was transferred four times. The regular phone reps knew little about this program. The supervisor that I was finally connected to, interrupted me repeatedly. He would not let me finish my questions. He was actually rude. I have been a Macy’s shopper for years, but as of today I will never shop at Macy’s again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We bought furniture, and paid for their “Worrynomore” Protection Plan 5 years ago. Macy’s told us that if we don’t use the plan then we would get our money back, with interest, in a Macy’s voucher. We did not use it so we filed to get the voucher they promised. We received the voucher alright. WHAT A SCAM and they DO NOT TELL YOU upfront that THE VOUCHER IS ONLY FOR IN STORE only, and only good for furniture. So if they do not have it in the store, no you cannot order it direct online, nor have it ordered to the store.

If they do have what you want in the store, then you have to pay another $100 for delivery, no store pickup. No, the associates do not tell you this. It states on their “Worrynomore” webpage: See associate for details. So if your associate withholds that info, like ours did, and they all do, you do not find out until 5 years after the purchase. This NEEDS TO BE SPELLED OUT RIGHT ON THEIR WEBPAGE. AWFUL. DO NOT GET THE PLAN!!! It is simply another SCAM by Macy's!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Promised would get back to me - twice- did not. I had to call again. "No notations shown," the customer "service" rep said - no kidding!! They stonewall and lie. All that was after the technician who inspected the mattress, and told me it was indented 2 inches... When I called a third time I was told the technician reported 1 inch, thus it's a complete stonewall lie. This new mattress now is like a hammock when I arise, I swear, I have to propel myself out of bed each morning!! I'm reporting this on another complaint boards.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

$10000 Furniture BROKEN within the first week! How is Macy's and Uniters Warranty Company (Worry No More) allowed to continue conducting business in this fraudulent manner? Upon delivery, I left a message with my sales rep asking her to pick up the furniture. She called a week later stating that the furniture needed to be picked up within the first 3 days if not it would not be able to be returned and instead it would be repaired. Are you kidding? On my way to my attorney!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

If you buy Macy's furniture online and want to return it, be prepared to spend hours on the phone, first waiting forever on the phone before speaking with clueless customer service reps. After placing an online order for two chairs, I cancelled the order within two days and was told by a customer service rep that the chairs had not yet been shipped. However, to my surprise, they still arrived four days later. I immediately called Macy's customer service and that was when my ordeal began. What seems to be a simple procedure, such as receiving return labels for UPS, took five phone calls and hours of wasted time on the phone. The two return labels, which were supposed to be emailed to me within 24-48 hours did finally arrive almost three weeks later after I twice escalated the issue to a managerial level. Unfortunately, there is no email or chat service available for more efficient and better documented customer service...

Furthermore, nobody at Macy's could explain to me why the same chair came back to me a month later. This UPS delivery was more than unanticipated, it was absolutely shocking! So, here my saga continued with another four phone calls to Macy's requesting again and again a return label for this merchandise. Would you call it "a series of unfortunate events" or just pure stupidity, which again caused me hours of wasted time?

Through my entire ordeal, I was given a number of different excuses about a new computer program used by Macy's, problems with irresponsible vendors, or simply no explanation why my requests for return labels were documented incorrectly or were not documented at all! Reps there could not read, write or simply spell my email address. In general, they are absolutely useless, they give bogus information and simply don't care--what customer disservice and an absolute nightmare-- shame on Macy's!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have shopped Macy's for decades, including rugs and furniture. In the past, Macy's backed its products. I purchased a high end leather sectional sofa 4 years ago. Light use, older people, etc. the SPRINGS popped out and the button tufts separated. It is a high priced item. Bought a warranty as well that does not cover this. We feel highly misled and cheated. The Customer Service rep was supposed to give us $500 on our account for our trouble - never evened that. We want the item repaired or replaced and the navigation to get help is strewn with barriers. What an offending and horrible experience. Sadly, I have other furniture purchased and worry. PLEASE help us if anyone reads this. Both quality of product AND customer service are awful.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We bought furniture, and paid for their Worrynomore Protection Plan 7 years ago. We did not use it so we filed to get the voucher they promised. We received it alright. WHAT A JOKE and they DO NOT TELL YOU upfront that THE VOUCHER IS ONLY FOR IN STORE only. So if they do not have it in the store, no you cannot order it direct online, nor have it ordered to the store. No, the associates do not tell you that, it states on their Worrynomore webpage: See associate for details. So if your associate withholds that info, you do not find out until after. This NEEDS TO BE SPELLED OUT RIGHT ON THEIR WEBPAGE. AWFUL. DO NOT GET THE PLAN. It is simply another scam by Macy's.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

In April of 2015 we purchased 4 dinette chairs for a seldom used dining table. About six month ago a guest was sitting on a chair when the front leg bolts tore out of the frame, and the chair collapsed. Thankfully she wasn't seriously hurt. We chalked it up to a defective chair. However, on Thanksgiving day, a guest was seated on one of the three remaining chairs, and when he bent over to retrieve his napkin, a front leg collapsed, and our guest fell to the floor.

This time there was a 9 inch sharply pointed sliver of shattered wood that tore into his pants and badly scratched his leg. It could have just as easily could have penetrated upper leg, or even an artery! Thankfully did not. I contacted Macy's, but was unable to talk to a human. Their automated system and their "chat" were useless. Wasted a lot of time describing the situation, just to get a message back saying they couldn't help with the problem. These cheaply-made products are seriously dangerous, and should be pulled off the market!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I am writing a review of how we are being treated with the Macy's No Worry furniture warranty. We bought furniture from Macy's a couple of times and have been very happy. We bought some furniture July of 2017. We were talked into the warranty. We bought it due to pets. They told us what was covered which included stains, tears, discoloration, etc. When we went to file a claim, they denied us. They said scrapes were not included in the warranty. Ok, scrape, scratch and tears are the same thing to me. We also had some discoloration/stain. They said we did not file within the time frame, but our warranty is not up until 2022. I will be contacting headquarters.

I did look at the reviews of this so called warranty, and the reviews are horrible and many are saying it is a scam. I talked to a person who use to sell furniture and they said it was a scam. So guess I will find someone to repair it for me. So disappointed in Macy's Furniture. I was planning to buy a guest bedroom set from them. Well not anymore. It is so sad you can't get what you paid for! It would probably have only cost them 50 to 100 to repair. We paid them 4500 for the furniture plus 500 for the scam warranty. :( I am giving them zero stars for the warranty.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Macy's 'Worry No More Protection Plan' for their couches is TERRIBLE! Avoid it at all costs. They won't cover anything and they'll take about 4 weeks to tell you that. It's a total rip off. And the couch I purchased through Macy's didn't hold up either. All in all, I will NEVER purchase furniture through Macy's again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

On October 8 2018 We went to Macy's at the Oakland Mall in Troy MI. Purchased a Sectional, 2 end tables and coffee table spending 6 thousand dollars. October 12 our furniture was delivered. During the process of the delivery guys bringing in about 14 big boxes opening the boxes in the house they said due to Macy's Policy. In doing so they slid the boxes across my hardwood floors & also slid pieces of the couch across it causing hundreds of scratches and several of gouges in my floors. The delivery guy Joey wrote on the contract papers from Macy's stated they had damaged our floors, I signed it & Joey signed it.

Called Macy's. Talk to the salesman Ed and he told me to call customer service that the delivery people were a 3rd party. That never was mentioned to us nor is it in any of their paperwork that a 3rd party was delivering our stuff. Finally call Macy's Customer service again on October 15th and the Lady says Macy's can settle with us for 200 hundred dollars or they will contacted Cadillac Cartage to settle everything with them. Well at this point we called our Hardwood guy to come out on October 21 and look at the floors and see what we could do to fix them. In the meantime Duston the owner of Cadillac Cartage had call and was gonna come over to look at the damage. He was supposed to be here Friday the 19th at 9:00 am and then that was changed to 3:00 that day. My husband told him our son was getting married that day that we would be close and could run back to our house and meet him at 3:00. We run home and no one shows up.

We make 3 phone calls to Duston. He doesn't not answer so we go back to the wedding party. A family member also works for a delivery company and knows the owner of Cadillac Cartage and calls him and Duston says he will be at or house at 9:00 in the morning Saturday (20th) well yet another no show. Saturday night about 7:30 a guy by the name Tom calls, says he's Duston's do it all guy and he wants to come over Sunday and look at the floors.

After about 30 minutes listening to this guy tell me how he's gonna fix my floors (That he's never seen) I explain to him that my floors are a custom floor that only a few people here in Michigan know how to do and that my floors are brand new floor. Just had them done May 1st. They are 5 months old... He continues to tell me my floor guy ripped me off blah blah blah. So I had a funny feeling about him so my husband had his name ran and yeah He's a felon with a few serious charges and a few business issues against him in court. So no he's not welcome in my home.

Then on the 22nd I call Gill. He's the manager at Macy's warehouse. I tell him everything thing that is going on. He tells me he is going to contact Cadillac Cartage (Duston) and he will call me back and give me his email to send him my quote from my contractor and the pictures of the damaged floors. Well never heard back from Gil but around 4:00 that day guy name Aaron calls. He's only 5 minutes away. He wants to come look at our floors. He says he's the operation manager for Cadillac Cartage so my husband says, "Ok come by." Aaron comes within 5 minutes. He takes pictures and takes a few pictures off my phone of the contract paper that Joey signed saying they damaged our floors.

The 24th we received our quote from our contractor for our floors saying our floors had to be resanded and would have to be resanding though our whole top level because there's no breaking point through the house and there was no way to match it being it's a custom floor. Super upset we became due to our floors are only 5 months old and we had to move out of our home already for a couple weeks when we had them done and we have just started putting our house back together was it all new furniture and so forth.

I send Aaron over our quote, I receive no response. Later that day (24th) I get a call from our floor contractor saying Duston from Cadillac Cartage call and was really rude, argumentative and loud with her and told her he wasn't paying that kinda of money to fix our floors that he wanted them to spot fix our floors and we can throw an area rug over it. She told him that wouldn't work that he was not able to make them decisions on our floors. Duston then told her He was paying for it and that the ** will he what he wants because he is paying for it. She said that's not how that works. At this point no one wants to deal with this owner at Cadillac Cartage Duston due to his aggressive approach with people.

I had spoke back with Aaron again that same day and explained all of this to him and he said they have been in business 10 years and that's why Aaron usually talks to the people because Duston Hudgins rough around the edges. Aaron ** was very polite and easy to talk with but all and all have had nothing but lies and runarounds with all of them, more like 3 years in business not 10 years and now have random people calling our phones wanted to come look at our floors. We have had at least 6 people call us wanting to take a look at the hardwood project. Ummm no thank you. Randomly trying to sending people into our home don't work for us being the 1st guy had a record a mile long.

So I found a few numbers one being Executive Customer service number in Cincinnati Ohio. Spoke with a wonderful lady Sandy **, explained everything to her and she told me sorry about a hundred times about all the stuff we have gone through with all this and she was gonna send an email to a few higher up people in Hopes to getting something resolved with my floors. She said I would be hearing from some of them. She was going to attach this email to Gil, Steve ** head guy of all the warehouse and Few other people Andy ** and a Rich **. And she would call me with a follow up to make sure things were going in the right direction. Well have not heard from No one!!!!

Sandy did call left a voicemail saying she was just checking up to see how things were going that she was sure we have already heard from someone but she was just checking up as she told me she would. Well have tried to call her back 6 times and left messages on her direct phone and have not heard back from her or anyone else. So we have called our Homeowners insurance to see what our options are and they are an Option at this point and they will go after Macy's themself if we decide to file a claim with them. And We have an appointment with a lawyer On November 6th to get some information from him as well on how to go about this.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I purchased a sectional from Macy's January 16, 2014 & it was delivered on March 13, 2014. I purchased their "Worry No More" warranty at the urging of the salesperson who advised me that this warranty covered EVERYTHING for 7 years. This was delivered to me with the furniture. Pet damage, specifically clawing, biting, and soiling was mentioned because that is why I was replacing my previous living room set. I was uncomfortable with spending that much on furniture since I do still have pets but they had me convinced that if ANYTHING happened that it would be covered.

Last month there was an incident where an animal under my care temporarily was left out & clawed up the back corner of my furniture & went potty all over the cushions while I was away for the weekend. I took the covers off, washed them on handwash cycle & laid them flat to dry. When I went to put the covers back on every single one of them had shredded, some in several spots, and 2 zippers had broken. I have washed the most delicate of fabrics on this cycle and have never had anything fall apart like these cushion covers did. (This is a couch that, prior to this, may have been touched once a month at most. The cushion cores are still as stiff as the day I got it.) I immediately filed a claim only to be denied because they do not cover "pet damage."

After reading over the warranty, that I didn't even have a copy of until the furniture was delivered, I saw that pet damage was NOT covered as I and many others have been led to believe. I figured I could argue that later but I still had cushion & pillow covers that shredded the first time I removed them to wash. That was another reason I bought this specific couch was because I could remove the covers and wash them. That claim was also denied for no specific reason. That was a legitimate claim that should have been covered but they refused to cover anything at all.

I ended up on chat with Macy's customer service who told me there was nothing they could do about the decision made by the warranty company and offered to refund me the 274.00 + tax for the warranty for my 3500.00 couch. I took that as an insult and refused. They then offered to refund me 40% of what I paid for the furniture which was 1224.45 on top of the warranty refund of 291.81. I was still not happy with this settlement but they told me that this was the most they could do, take it or leave it basically. If it comes down to I'm getting 1500.00 or 0, I'm at least going to get something to get new furniture, so I told them send the check but that I would still be fighting this all the way to the top for the remaining amount. They apologized & told me I would be refunded by check that I could deposit into my checking account and that it would take 14-20 days.

I watched the mail for 4 weeks and got nothing. I tried to go back on the same chat thread on social media and could only get the auto-responses back. A customer service number was given so I called it only to be told that there was never any check issued and that the rep never even put the request in for me. The rep then offered to refund me 1200.00 (the agreed amount was 1224.45) but I had to contact Worry No More for that refund separately. I was NEVER told I had to contact them for a refund. They gave me the exact amounts of both the 40% "keep as is" refund and the warranty refund & said they would send checks. After being on hold for about 30 min the rep comes back on to inform me that now they will refund the 274.00 for the warranty but refused to refund the full amount I was originally promised of 291.81 that included the tax.

After a few more minutes of arguing with him about the fact that he has to refund the tax I paid if he's refunding the product amount, he agreed to request a separate check for the tax but insists that he can't do anything to speed up the processing time. Now I'm supposed to wait another 2-3 weeks on top of the 4 weeks I've already been waiting. Macy's knows that this company they use for furniture warranties refuses to fix anything and denies legitimate claims made but they still keep convincing customers to buy it. Not only that but their salespeople are flat out lying to customers when they convince them that this warranty covers everything when it really covers nothing.

I talked to several salespeople over about a year while trying to decide which set to get and they all assured me that the warranty covers EVERYTHING. Now I have no couch and no refund. Since I have 0% use of the couch I purchased from Macy's due to poor quality & deceptive sales tactics, they should get to keep 0% of the money I spent on it.

Update: 3 weeks later and I still do not have the checks that I was told would be overnighted 2 weeks ago by an "escalations representative". Not only did they not overnight them, they printed them on Monday and they sat on them for a week before they were sent out last Monday. I had to call again tonight because I only got 1 of the 3 checks I was told I was getting. The customer service rep I talked to tonight actually laughed at me because I was so mad. He LAUGHED because I was so upset. This has been going on for 2 MONTHS!! What is wrong with these people?? How are they even in business??

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I purchased a whole living room suite based upon the 2 gray leather wingback chairs I purchased. We also painted and put in new rugs to match the chairs, lots of work. Within 6 months the leather is discoloring, is now yellow. The other chair is put together so shoddily it is crooked and nobody wants to sit in it. There is a one year warranty on recliner parts and 2 year on leather. When the technician came out I was told that is normal manufacturer variance and not covered. Would Martha want her gray recliner to turn yellow? Macy's wants to cash me out at a fraction of the price, cancel my warranty and my WorryNoMore that I paid extra for and not reimburse me for the WorryNoMore. The cash out is 20% of the value. This is ridiculous, to not stand by your warranty and the extra warranty, I now call Worry More, that I paid for and not be reimbursed. I am considering taking them to small claims court for fraudulent practices. Has anybody done this?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Order was delivered after 6 weeks. Chairs are the most uncomfortable, can't sit on it for more than 10 minutes. The dining table finish is so bad couldn't have done a worse job if they tried. Spots all over that does not get cleaned. Workmanship is less than mediocre. Do not buy this. You will be sorry. It just looks nice dining set. Rooms To Go has so much better furniture.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I purchased two Elina bedroom nightstands and a chest from Macy’s Furniture. One of the nightstands had a manufacturing defect with a dozen dark black mark around the top it. The other nightstand and chest did not have any black marks on their tops. I contacted Macy’s furniture customer service to discuss replacing the defective nightstand, and was informed that an appointment with a US Quality Furniture Services representative was required to see if they could fix the problem. US Quality Furniture Services stated the scheduled appointment time was between 2pm-5pm. The US Quality Furniture Services representative arrived early so I missed him.

My daughter ended up speaking with the representative. His feedback was that the black marks were factory made, and that the nightstand was supposed to look that way. The representative’s statement was ridiculous. The other pieces of Elina furniture delivered at the same, as well as the Macy’s online furniture photos, and in-store floor samples do not have defective black marks on their tops. Macy’s Furniture customer service refuses to replace the defective nightstand. My recommendation is… DO NOT buy any furniture from Macy’s.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Bought a sectional in January. One of the recliners came with the power not working. Was finally replaced in August after months of back and forth from Macy's to WorryNoMore. When replacement was delivered the power wasn't working properly. When you reclined it kept skipping and then just died. Now nothing works. I've called up Macy's and WorryNoMore. Now its 4 weeks with this broken item and no one has helped me. WorryNoMore made me purchase another warranty on the replacement item. The replacement recliner came with the power not working correctly and now they are telling me they need to put a new claim under the new policy just purchase last month and if they replace it again I need to purchase a new policy for the new chair if they approve a replacement for the replacement that came broken! This is insane!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Got a stain on furniture protected by the Worry No More protection plan - but I did not fall within the 15-day time frame they want it reported by. This was totally not made known to me on the front end of purchasing the policy, which by the way is not cheap. I do not think the time frame would make a difference in fixing the piece - but it seems like a good excuse not to have to come try to clean it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Shopping with Macy's furniture has been one of the worst shopping experience ever! Placed an order for Bed frame and Sectional couch August 2nd. Bed was in stock and still got delivered only on Aug 24. Believe it or not the couch (they say) is being delivered only by Sept 14th!! The thing that frustrated me the most was I am paying $200 for deliver of 2 items and despite that they make sure that you have the worst experience with delivery service.

First of all they don't give you a time frame window until the day before the actual delivery. And after that the timing that they give you is right in the middle of the day 10-12 pm or 1-3 pm on a weekday!! How is one suppose to plan or even make sure to be there for that big a time window! If this would have been a FREE delivery I would have probably put in the effort to miss work and be there according to their schedule and convenience. But now I end up losing delivery fee and work hours! The least they could have done is offer Weekend services, I would have gladly taken any time frame offered by them on a weekend! This will definitely be my first & last purchase with MACY's ever!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I ordered a bed frame from Macy's in July and had it scheduled to be delivered in August. I was originally going to have the bed delivered to my parents house but I received a closing date sooner. So I called Macy's to change the address. I received an email the day before the delivery and noticed the address was not changed so I called again. They informed me that since the bed was already on the truck I would have to wait a couple days to reschedule the delivery but they changed the address even though they "changed the address" when I called the 1st time.

A couple weeks later the bed was supposed to be delivered to the new address, well the driver called and stated he was outside but he was outside the wrong address. This was the third time I attempted to get this bed delivered. I spoke with customer service and they did nothing but say they were sorry, no solutions for the issue they caused due to their negligence. I canceled the bed and will not be purchasing from such an unprofessional company again!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

After being talked into purchasing the protection plan, we finally received our furniture. As it turned out it should only be cleaned with soap and water, so none of the solvents in the box that we were handed when we left the store would do us any good, much less any cleaning that might be offered in the future by this company. Went online to see if it was indeed something that could be cancelled and found ALL these complaints! Called Macy's to cancel, nope have to call WORRYNOMORE, called WNM, nope Macy's has to cancel... rinse repeat same thing TWICE! 20 minutes later... final time I called Macy's, very accommodating customer service gal cancelled for me. Whew! So relieved. Don't get snookered!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I purchased a couch set from Macy's. They convinced me to buy a 7 yr 'all-inclusive' warranty. They claimed it covers everything from accidental spills, rips, breaks, etc... I opened a claim with a few stains and a motor that works slow. They replied that with multiple 'accumulated' stains this isn't covered and the motor is not covered at all. I was able to wash out all stains but one. I asked them to cover the one stain - not multiple. They said that since I had multiple stains I needed to pay a furniture company to come certify that I have only have one stain - really? Nobody has had a kid brush their teeth and drop toothpaste; and then wash it out? Then I reached into the couch to retrieve something that fell in.

Something from inside the couch was pultruding out and cut my whole arm. I sent them pics of myself bleeding. I want that couch repaired - per warranty. Still they said that since I had multiple stains I had originally asked them to clean; my warranty was void because I didn't pay a furniture repair company to certify I cleaned a few stains, that I cleaned. They refuse to give me a phone number to call. They are scammers. They don't repair anything. I will not buy Macy's again unless they find me a new warranty company and transfer my warranty somewhere else. Not likely, so I will be shopping more reputable stores in the future. Costco maybe.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information