Macy's - Furniture
1.26/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Macy's - Furniture

528 Macy's - Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Order was delivered after 6 weeks. Chairs are the most uncomfortable, can't sit on it for more than 10 minutes. The dining table finish is so bad couldn't have done a worse job if they tried. Spots all over that does not get cleaned. Workmanship is less than mediocre. Do not buy this. You will be sorry. It just looks nice dining set. Rooms To Go has so much better furniture.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I purchased two Elina bedroom nightstands and a chest from Macy’s Furniture. One of the nightstands had a manufacturing defect with a dozen dark black mark around the top it. The other nightstand and chest did not have any black marks on their tops. I contacted Macy’s furniture customer service to discuss replacing the defective nightstand, and was informed that an appointment with a US Quality Furniture Services representative was required to see if they could fix the problem. US Quality Furniture Services stated the scheduled appointment time was between 2pm-5pm. The US Quality Furniture Services representative arrived early so I missed him.

My daughter ended up speaking with the representative. His feedback was that the black marks were factory made, and that the nightstand was supposed to look that way. The representative’s statement was ridiculous. The other pieces of Elina furniture delivered at the same, as well as the Macy’s online furniture photos, and in-store floor samples do not have defective black marks on their tops. Macy’s Furniture customer service refuses to replace the defective nightstand. My recommendation is… DO NOT buy any furniture from Macy’s.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Bought a sectional in January. One of the recliners came with the power not working. Was finally replaced in August after months of back and forth from Macy's to WorryNoMore. When replacement was delivered the power wasn't working properly. When you reclined it kept skipping and then just died. Now nothing works. I've called up Macy's and WorryNoMore. Now its 4 weeks with this broken item and no one has helped me. WorryNoMore made me purchase another warranty on the replacement item. The replacement recliner came with the power not working correctly and now they are telling me they need to put a new claim under the new policy just purchase last month and if they replace it again I need to purchase a new policy for the new chair if they approve a replacement for the replacement that came broken! This is insane!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Got a stain on furniture protected by the Worry No More protection plan - but I did not fall within the 15-day time frame they want it reported by. This was totally not made known to me on the front end of purchasing the policy, which by the way is not cheap. I do not think the time frame would make a difference in fixing the piece - but it seems like a good excuse not to have to come try to clean it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Shopping with Macy's furniture has been one of the worst shopping experience ever! Placed an order for Bed frame and Sectional couch August 2nd. Bed was in stock and still got delivered only on Aug 24. Believe it or not the couch (they say) is being delivered only by Sept 14th!! The thing that frustrated me the most was I am paying $200 for deliver of 2 items and despite that they make sure that you have the worst experience with delivery service.

First of all they don't give you a time frame window until the day before the actual delivery. And after that the timing that they give you is right in the middle of the day 10-12 pm or 1-3 pm on a weekday!! How is one suppose to plan or even make sure to be there for that big a time window! If this would have been a FREE delivery I would have probably put in the effort to miss work and be there according to their schedule and convenience. But now I end up losing delivery fee and work hours! The least they could have done is offer Weekend services, I would have gladly taken any time frame offered by them on a weekend! This will definitely be my first & last purchase with MACY's ever!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I ordered a bed frame from Macy's in July and had it scheduled to be delivered in August. I was originally going to have the bed delivered to my parents house but I received a closing date sooner. So I called Macy's to change the address. I received an email the day before the delivery and noticed the address was not changed so I called again. They informed me that since the bed was already on the truck I would have to wait a couple days to reschedule the delivery but they changed the address even though they "changed the address" when I called the 1st time.

A couple weeks later the bed was supposed to be delivered to the new address, well the driver called and stated he was outside but he was outside the wrong address. This was the third time I attempted to get this bed delivered. I spoke with customer service and they did nothing but say they were sorry, no solutions for the issue they caused due to their negligence. I canceled the bed and will not be purchasing from such an unprofessional company again!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

After being talked into purchasing the protection plan, we finally received our furniture. As it turned out it should only be cleaned with soap and water, so none of the solvents in the box that we were handed when we left the store would do us any good, much less any cleaning that might be offered in the future by this company. Went online to see if it was indeed something that could be cancelled and found ALL these complaints! Called Macy's to cancel, nope have to call WORRYNOMORE, called WNM, nope Macy's has to cancel... rinse repeat same thing TWICE! 20 minutes later... final time I called Macy's, very accommodating customer service gal cancelled for me. Whew! So relieved. Don't get snookered!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I purchased a couch set from Macy's. They convinced me to buy a 7 yr 'all-inclusive' warranty. They claimed it covers everything from accidental spills, rips, breaks, etc... I opened a claim with a few stains and a motor that works slow. They replied that with multiple 'accumulated' stains this isn't covered and the motor is not covered at all. I was able to wash out all stains but one. I asked them to cover the one stain - not multiple. They said that since I had multiple stains I needed to pay a furniture company to come certify that I have only have one stain - really? Nobody has had a kid brush their teeth and drop toothpaste; and then wash it out? Then I reached into the couch to retrieve something that fell in.

Something from inside the couch was pultruding out and cut my whole arm. I sent them pics of myself bleeding. I want that couch repaired - per warranty. Still they said that since I had multiple stains I had originally asked them to clean; my warranty was void because I didn't pay a furniture repair company to certify I cleaned a few stains, that I cleaned. They refuse to give me a phone number to call. They are scammers. They don't repair anything. I will not buy Macy's again unless they find me a new warranty company and transfer my warranty somewhere else. Not likely, so I will be shopping more reputable stores in the future. Costco maybe.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Hi there. I would strongly encourage everyone who has had a claim denied by WorrynoMore, to please file a complaint with your State Attorney General's Office, and the Better Business Bureau. I am currently working with Macy's to get my 4k couches repaired. WorrynoMore without assessing the damage or requesting photos was trying to convince me that the damage I was describing to them was not actually correct. Who in the world are these people? I called to report a tear/rip on my couches, and they think it is fraying. I currently have a letter typed up to send to AG's Office if Macy's does not make this right. I believe by submitting all our requests in, the AG is going to see a pattern and practice about this insurance company. Frustrated customer in Yakima, WA.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Purchased a bedroom suite and the delivery process was horrible. To make it worse WORRYNOMORE warranty is a scam. This company will find any excuse to NOT honor repairs. I am supposed to receive a pro rated refund but I will see.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Fraudulent business. Buyer beware. Macy's is selling fraudulent merchandise with no repercussions. Just under 2 years my very expensive (4500.00) "all leather" couch is peeling. I called customer service and they informed me that they do not help customers with counterfeit leather. They stand by their imitation crappy furniture... I am waiting for the class action lawsuit as I see that there are numerous complaints about Macy's counterfeit merchandise. They are still selling the faulty couch on their website today? How do they get away with this kind of business in America???

Original review: July 10, 2018

Purchased a couch and the zippers broke on both seat cushions. Filed a claim yesterday and was completely denied! It is well within the 7 years warranty plan I purchased. Worry No More is a scam and the customer service is horrible! They will do everything to not pay! I am surprised with the good reputation of Macy’s that they would use a company for their warranty services with such poor customer service and refuse to pay and replace items under warranty! The customer service representatives at Macy’s were no better! They did nothing to help rectify the problem.

With so many negative reviews on Worry No More, why doesn’t Consumer Affairs start looking into these companies and stop them from taking advantage of consumers! It seems this is only a place to vent and hopefully warn off other consumers! Somebody needs to start standing up for what is right and do the right thing! Companies like this just keep getting away with it and ripping off more people!

Original review: July 4, 2018

I’m giving one star because is not less than that to rate the biggest scam ever. Macy’s furniture warranty, WorryNoMore is a big scam, starting with the people that answer the phone, they totally trained to make very hard for you to get the claim in your favor, very careful what you tell them, and technicians doesn’t do nothing and will blame on you, on your dog, on your neighbor. Do not get warranty from them.

Original review: July 4, 2018

This was hands-down the best delivery service we’ve ever had. They even put red carpet over our steps to make sure they didn’t damage any furniture as they carried it in. The quality of Macy’s Furniture Is excellent!!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Purchased a nice cherry bedroom set in 2014, along with the WorryNoMore protection plan, which we were told would cover nicks and scratches for 7 years. After owning the set for 4 years, we started noticing chipping and called WorryNoMore to initiate a claim for nicks along the edges of the dresser and chest. They denied our claim, on the basis of the fact that the damage started more than 15 days ago. Apparently this was mentioned in the WorryNoMore warranty, which we did not receive. I only got the sales brochure for the plan which does not indicate such a limitation. I feel that we paid $283 for a completely worthless plan. I wish I had read some of the complaints that have been recorded here.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Worrynomore by Macy's - This is a scam and they do not honor any of their promises. I paid $439.00 for the warranty for outdoor furniture and was told it covers up to 5 years. After less than two years the fabric ripped and I filed a claim, they denied my claim stating, "According to the terms and the conditions of your warranty fraying, fabric failure or any defects resulting from a flaw in manufacturing is not a covered." What an excuse. If it is a flaw in manufacturing and they sold it to me then they should be responsible. WHAT A SCAM.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The sectional is beautiful but the delivery was an awful experience. Two men who literally had to carry in 5 pieces through open garage into room behind garage. They were rude and had no intention of doing ANY extra work. I asked them to move the old sectional into the garage where they just came from (SAME LEVEL). They refused and called Macy’s when I highlighted that the delivery specifically says ”We will move like pieces into room on same level”. They were instructed by corporate to do the job, and they did. They made several rude comments that I chose to ignore. I’m so mad at myself for tipping them!!! I’m just used to being nice.

Now, I was about to call to pay for the extended furniture protection plan because the woman gave me a hard sell about how it protects for everything and it would be silly not to purchase it. Before I made the call, I decided to Google and see if everyone was satisfied with the protection plan. THANK GOD I DID!!! The plan sounds completely worthless... THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO WARN ME!! You honestly just saved me about $500.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Purchased with 5 year protection plan in 2015. Specifically told by Macy's salesperson that protection plan covered sagging cushions. Liam armless recliner (most used in the house), started sagging after one year. Called Macy's and they referred me to Worrynomore, who told me it was not covered. Deceptive sales practice, to say the least. Goodbye, Macy's! We've spent our last dime with you. Have fun going the way of Sears.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have read countless post of consumers who fell for this worthless plan that MACY's push onto customers. I am one of those customers who bought into this pain staking-worthless plan. I wish consumers who reads these reviews adhere to our complaints about this and not support Macy's corporate scam. My experience with this retailer is less than satisfying with all their products excessively overpriced and piss poor customer services. Straight to the point about this scam; I have filed for a return immediately when qualified to do so at/near 7 years of CLAIM FREE. I then come to find out that this process of retrieving my entitled money is nowhere near hassle-free. I filed my claim in FEB 2018 and received a partial payment in MAR 2018, then I called WorryNoMore to find out the problem and they referred me to Macy's customer service.

The representative told me that I have three (3) separate SALESCHECK# which I had no idea of because they broken them down by DELIVERY DATES (not based off your single transaction salescheck #). So now I have to file for the remaining balance again and wait for my second check to come. Keep in mind that these checks are only valid for 90 days from issuance, so what this means is that I have to make two (2) separate purchase with this return when it should've been a complete refund based off that single salescheck. CORPORATE SCAM to take hard earned money from consumers.

The customer service could've easily inform the customer that they have X amount of salescheck on file to be claim and suggest the best plan of action for the customer to retrieve their money back. Failure on corporate and management! Macy's, if you are reading this. You need to be ashamed of yourself for being in business this long and not listening and fixing massive amount of complaints of your products. I am no longer your customer... Thank you for existing.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I was at Macy's (Sherman Oaks) on Saturday 5/19/2018, found a single show in the last act section which was my size but could not find the other pair. I asked this beautiful saleslady name Lena if she could find the other pair for me because I liked the show very much. She checked her handheld computer and said that they should have the other pair. She then went in the warehouse and could not find it. She said she will look in the final sales and we both started looking but I had almost given up when she came and showed me the other pair. I was so impressed with her patience and kindness, never lost her cool and was very pleasant. I have to say have not had a better salesperson in my life. Her name is LENA and I would like the management to know she deserved recognition. Excellent employee. Thanks.

Original review: May 18, 2018

The WorryNoMore Plan is absolutely worthless. There was a small scratch which was caused when my young daughter with a picture frame on a nightstand we had purchased less than three years ago. The scratch was just deep enough to show the bare wood and about a half inch long. I called to file the claim and was instructed to send pictures of the damage. The next day after sending the pictures I received a response back. The claim was denied as the pictures "reflected an accumulation of damages". There were some other surface marks but again the nightstand was three years old and I said I just wanted them to fix the scratch caused by the picture frame and was told by the service representative this is something they cannot do.

So unless you keep your furniture in pristine condition the company will just use the "reflected an accumulation of damages" to deny the claim. I have purchased several bedroom furniture sets and some living room furniture also from Macy's and thought since they are a reasonable reputable company the associated plan would also be somewhat reasonable and valuable but I will never again purchase the WorryNoMore protection plan as the name itself is very misleading and a scam in itself.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Purchased an outdoor patio set (Sofa & 3 chairs) about 20 months ago. A few months after we started using our furniture, a couple of the buttons on the sofa came off. The cushion started to lose its shape. Since then our furniture has become stained and all buttons on all cushions have since dry rotted and came off. I call Macy's and they would not help. I had purchased a protection plan but the buttons are not covered even though the cushions do not maintain their shape. I was told by WorryNoMore.Com that my protection plan claim could not be approved because of the time frame but mainly because buttons were not covered. THANKS MACY's for pushing the replacement plans that virtually do nothing. The requirements for getting a warranty approval are so stringent there is no way that 95% of your customers could never get a claim approved.

Original review: May 9, 2018

I am very unhappy with the WORRYNOMORE warranty I purchased when I bought my Macy's furniture. I filed claims online for two pieces of furniture with small damage. A technician came to repair the white chest and said he didn't have white paint. He put a white stain on instead and I could still see the damage. He said they could order a replacement drawer. I never heard from anyone about it so I messaged online to ask if the drawer was going to be a replaced. Then I got an e-mail weeks later saying they were exchanging the whole dresser. I didn't know how to get in touch with anyone because I didn't see their number on their website.

I finally called Macy's to cancel the delivery because I read in the very fine print of my policy that once you exchange an item... It will no longer be covered by the warranty. I am so dissatisfied. Macy's finally connected me to WORRYNOMORE and they said there was nothing they could do. The warranty was a waste of money. I've only had the piece for a year and now I have to exchange it because of small damage and the item will no longer be covered. Communication with them was not good at all... Their customer service is terrible.

Original review: April 30, 2018

I was told by the salesmen when I bought my couch and love seat from Macy's Furniture and sold the additional warranty that the price of the warranty would show up as a statement credit after 7 years if I did not use the warranty. 7 years comes and goes, no credit, I email Macy's. They have no idea what I'm talking about, tells me to call the CC customer line, I call them, they cannot locate anything on file. They send me off to Worry No More, which is the warranty holder. They say that yes in fact my 7 years were up in November 2017 but I had 90 days to call them to request a statement credit. Terrible and shady sales tactics.

Original review: April 15, 2018

We purchased a Leonardo leather sofa and loveseat from Macy's 9/9/2011, and a Worry No More protection policy for $218.00. Our leather loveseat developed a small spot, I wiped the spot with a damp towel. The brown color wiped right off the cushion. We could not believe our eyes! Our "Worry No More" policy was still good, so I contacted the company, they sent out a man to take pictures. We got a denial reply. We filed another letter of dispute and was denied help again. The second letter of denial stated "It was determined by our service technician that damages are attributed to a manufacturing defect in leather". DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON WORRY NO MORE PROTECTION, It is a ripoff and Macy's should be ashamed for selling this dishonest policy. So very disappointed in Macy's and www.warrantyservice.com.

Original review: March 23, 2018

We bought a sectional from Macy’s a Kelly Rippa brand. What a disaster!!! The chaise is sinking so badly that no one can really sit on it and it has been a year now and we are not living in this house all year round. Feathers from all cushions are flying everywhere and other cushions are starting to sink in now. It is so uncomfortable to sit on this sectional that we are considering getting a new one but feeling bad because it has been only a year that we got it. We contacted customer service and they sent a guy who was very unprofessional and said that by their standards the sectional is fine although he could see the sinking of the chaise and other cushions. It has been a terrible experience and not expected from Macy’s. We are so disappointed and don’t encourage anyone to buy from their furniture department and especially the Bad Rippa collection.

Original review: March 23, 2018

Don’t waste your money getting the Worry No More service contract. It isn’t worth the paper it is printed on. I was given the hard sell by 2 different people when purchasing my sectional. I finally relented due to the assurances that if my sectional didn’t hold up, they would replace or repair my furniture. I got nothing but excuses from the representative when filing my claim. I was put on extended holds (over an hour altogether) and my email went unanswered. They finally told me my claim needed to be filled 15 days from when I noticed the damage. Nowhere in my contract is that stated. Bye Macy’s.

Resolution response: April 7, 2018

A replacement couch was never dispatched to me because the warehouse took forever to reschedule the delivery. After some time dealing with this I decided to just cancel the order all together. At that point I was so fed up with Macy’s service and nervous about how they would handle larger issues in the future if something else were to go wrong. I liked the couch but it wasn’t worth the hassle in my opinion. Macy’s allowed me to return the couch and gave me a 100 percent refund.

Original review: March 22, 2018

Wish I could leave zero stars. Macy's sales have declined in recent years and it's easy to see why. They could learn a thing or two from Amazon about customer service. I ordered a sofa on Feb. 22 and initially had some issues with my bank accepting the payment because every time Macy's would try to take the money out of my account my bank would flag it as fraud because it was a large purchase. This went on for a while with me calling Macy's and my bank at least 5 times. I partially blame my bank because the fraud security process is a bit frustrating but I also blame Macy's because it doesn't make any sense as to why they couldn't just use the same authorization hold to take out the money after the couch was delivered.

Finally, almost a month after Feb. 22 I get a delivery date for my new couch. Because the couch was delivered on the weekend apparently the hold is canceled after 72 hours and they returned the money which is now causing a huge issue because of course my bank flagged the charge again for fraud and now, even though I made multiple attempts to try to pay for the couch, I have to wait for a letter in the mail to send the payment again.

After having the couch for less than a day I noticed that there were multiple seams that looked like they had begun to crack and peel and every single leg has a ding on it. It looks like they tried to give me a used couch! I immediately called back to complain and was told that a technician would have to come and look at the damage. After being given the run around I finally just hung up with the customer service agent and called back and finally got someone who was willing to help. He was probably the most helpful person I have spoken to during my whole experience. He was honest and offered to exchange the couch. I was given a delivery date for 72 hours from the date that I called.

On the day of the delivery it snowed, which I understand, but no one called me to let me know what had happened to my furniture or when I could expect it. I had to call to get additional information and no one can tell me anything other than they can't get in touch with the dispatch. I also never received the information on the warranty I purchased so I had to call them about that and have gotten at least two different answers from customer service. It's sad because the couch is a very nice piece and it's the right amount of firmness for my bad back but I am never doing business with Macy's again after this experience. I wish I had visited ConsumerAffairs before I bought this couch. It has been a nightmare dealing with Macy's.

Original review: March 20, 2018

We were sold this protection plan by the salesperson. She boasted that if ANYTHING happens to the couch, vomit, pet mess, colored markers (our 2 yo was with us), they would come out and clean the couch. I've purchased plans like these before and never needed them, but erring on the side of having a toddler, we bought the plan. Our kid was just vomit-sick for the first time. What I could not catch ended up on the couch. We immediately washed the area with the provided solution. There was no visible spot, but the smell did not go away. We washed the area again the following day. No luck.

My husband downloaded the Worry No More app and submitted the claim. The app was not easy to use and provided no confirmation. Turns out their solution was to send us more cleaning product. I called Macy's and they were astounded that this was the situation and were also under the impression that they would send a cleaner. They told me what to say, I called Worry No More and said exactly what Macy's said. Their response "we don't cover smells". Zero customer service. That's it. Brand new couch ruined. We honestly wouldn't have bought a new couch with a toddler if we knew it wouldn't be covered. Shame on Macy's for using such a terrible company to take care of their products, and shame on Worry No More for taking money and providing zero customer service.

Original review: March 6, 2018

The men they sent to deliver the furniture were mentally challenged and damaged the couch they were delivering and my wall and ceiling. And now I hear nothing but excuses. The difference between me and most people complaining on this site is I am the type to spend a hundred dollars and take Macy's to small claims court. When the salesman attempted to scam me with the worry free service I told my spouse, “Good luck trying to get the money back if we do not use it,” and now I read this service is a scam and they will look for any reason to cheat a consumer. I feel great knowing I called it about the worry free service.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information