2. Homeowners

Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Macy's - Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's - Furniture?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: May 8, 2020

This mattress is the best I've ever slept on. It is soft and plush but still very firm. The mattress contours to your movements but you don't sink into it because it's not a Tempur-Pedic. It's the old fashioned coil spring with a hand tufted top. Definitely a luxury mattress. I've had it nearly 9 months and still sleeping like a baby. No indents, still plush as the day I bought it. I also have it on an adjustable base but prefer sleeping flat. Would highly recommend.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Macy's mattresses lasts a very long time. I go to Macys for my mattresses for years. Dont know any other place to go to or that will top Macys. Delivery is always on time, and they will remove your old mattresses.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2020

Customer service were more attentive than other mattress store. They had wider variety of mattresses, since they are not trying to promote a brand of their own. It is also convenient as you can buy furniture there as well and bundle up savings.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I bought from a Macy’s because of 10 yr warranty and lifetime on mattresses pad. They changed how they do thing now. There is a long process. Very disappointed in co. I’ve tried to get a mattress pad. Everything is done by I posting pics of all unless they approve I’m the buyer if I say it’s falling apart ok if I say I’m the one sleeping on it. I know more info than them. I will try again today to see if I can get though.

Original review: April 11, 2021

I purchased a sectional in early January for a delivery date of mid-February. It is now April - two months passed the promised delivery date and I still don’t have my sectional. I decided to purchase this sectional instead of another at Macy’s because of the earlier delivery date. Clearly, I was wrong. The same sectional I’ve purchased is still advertised for a 6 week delivery window, so does that mean orders placed after mine will be completed first??? At Macy’s you’re just told lies to trick you into purchasing sofas with falsely advertised/promised delivery expectations.

After repeatedly following up for an update, I was told I may receive it in May and was asked what I wanted to do at this point. After having waited this long after getting rid of my sofa in anticipation for the sectional in February, I wouldn’t want to have to cancel my order, but I still haven’t been provided with a delivery date months later. It is unbelievable how the order has been this delayed. Who knows if I’ll ever receive my order.

Original review: April 5, 2021

We moved from San Francisco to Oakley. We decided after shopping several places we would go with Macy's because wife had a good experience with a couch before. First we bought our mattress and support beds at Macy's. The gentleman was very helpful. We then decided to purchase a $5000 couch as well after already spending $6000 on bedding. The mattress and bedding were ok with the exception of them delivering the wrong size supporter for my son's full size bed. We did not receive the right size until 3 weeks later with no follow up email or phone call to let us know they were coming to deliver.

It then gets worse, the lady at the city San Mateo furniture place decides that she has to sell us extra pieces to get a cheaper price but told us when the couch is delivered tell the delivery drivers we no longer needed the extra pieces so we can get refunded. After several phone calls attempting to reach the salesperson I requested to speak to the supervisor since one of the several customer service numbers had no recollection of the purchase order numbers. Furthermore Macy's continued to hold pending charges on our credit card after telling us we won't get charged till the furniture is delivered in March. We waited and we continued to get email that it will come in April, then May, now June.

This is a little snippet of several false promises and horrible customer service. I tend to believe most people will write a review when upset and not happy with the service. In all fairness my wife choice Macy's because of prior experiences. With that being said after spending over 10,000 dollars we will request a refund and will never purchase furniture from Macy's again. I also understand the pandemic has caused an issue with back orders, but the lack of customer service to get a sale and get their commission is very disheartening as we now are without a couch and continue to sit on hardwood at our new HOUSE!!!!

Original review: March 28, 2021

Just about every single mattress store including online offer a 90 day or 120 day guarantee that if you don’t like it they will take it back at no charge! I am a platinum member with Macy’s and the $2000 mattress gave me horrible back pain so after two weeks I called to return it. $99 plus 15% fee. I called I stated that due to the virus you cant test out the bed. They were rude and stated their return policy is posted all over their website... I’m nope! 4 clicks in it does appear but until you have delved into their website you would have absolutely no clue. Slightly deceptive marketing as it is not clear when you purchase or are checking out! Well I did buy another mattress but not at Macy’s! Great way to treat your Platinum members.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Worry No More's cleaning man came by and cleaned only 1 cushion even though 2 cushions had issues and I was advised 3 cushions would be cleaned. My front room doesn't have much light and I had to turn on the overhead light to finally see the cushion and the stains - the other cushion your man never touched or moved even though the stain got on the right cushion and down the side a bit. He said 1 cushion was all he was supposed to clean.?

Why when I purchased a sofa with the Worry No More Warranties warranty - the promises of this fulfilled warranty that included "Pet Stains" - and when I finally called in to report the issue - it's been a complete JOKE. No one can tell me anything and after many calls and finally going into the store I finally got some kind of help - but when your promises of cleaning 3 cushions doesn't happen and the cleaning person refuses - I again have to fight to get the promises completed? Purchases with false promises almost feels like fraud and taking advantage of the elderly by the Worry No More Warranty.

Now I am sitting on hold once again with the Worry No More Warranty - which overall from the get-go I have spent about 4.5 hours from the initial call, going to the store and dealing with more calls and even through emails and then waiting for the man to come out and steam clean 1 cushion, This Warranty is not what I was promised - it's very misleading and I would NEVER recommend it to anyone. At this time I feel it is almost an insult to me to deal with unkept promises - it's either deliver your promises or refund my full amount of what I paid for this Worry No More Warranty. You received pictures of 2 cushions with stains NOT 1. Your reply asap would be recommended.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Purchased not one, But 2 Mattresses at the same time for 2 beds, Easy enough right??? Nope, after I completed transaction, Then I am told they are not in Stock, "OK, How long," "10 Days," OK, I can live with that, 16 days later, I finally get someone on the phone, Not The automated machine!!!! 3 calls later I figured out prompts to get around it, Guy has an attitude, Doesn't try to help in Delivery department, Only tells me that after 16 days, and even though I paid delivery and upfront, It will take another 6 days to get them here, THEY ARE ALL BACKED UP. I should have gone ahead and purchased from any one of the other stores, And Yes I am the highest level of Customer that Macy's has and this is how they treat their good customers, and they wonder why AMAZON is putting them outta business!!!! I dont!!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I purchased a 3pc sectional in September 2020. I received the delivery in February 2021 but only got 2 pieces. I called customer service, they sent out an inspector to verify the missing piece. After 4 calls to customer service, I was told it was my fault for not ordering in person or over the phone because I decided I only wanted 2 pieces so that’s how I ordered it? There is no option to custom built these sofas, I clicked quantity (1) for 3pc sectional. After 3 customer service that told me they would take care of it, the fourth rep said I should never order furniture on line and I only ordered two pieces and if I wanted third piece I either needed to pay for it or pay 15% restocking fee and arrange and pay for delivery to them.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information