Macy's - Furniture
1.30/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Macy's - Furniture

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

537 Macy's - Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

If you buy Macy's furniture online and want to return it, be prepared to spend hours on the phone, first waiting forever on the phone before speaking with clueless customer service reps. After placing an online order for two chairs, I cancelled the order within two days and was told by a customer service rep that the chairs had not yet been shipped. However, to my surprise, they still arrived four days later. I immediately called Macy's customer service and that was when my ordeal began. What seems to be a simple procedure, such as receiving return labels for UPS, took five phone calls and hours of wasted time on the phone. The two return labels, which were supposed to be emailed to me within 24-48 hours did finally arrive almost three weeks later after I twice escalated the issue to a managerial level. Unfortunately, there is no email or chat service available for more efficient and better documented customer service...

Furthermore, nobody at Macy's could explain to me why the same chair came back to me a month later. This UPS delivery was more than unanticipated, it was absolutely shocking! So, here my saga continued with another four phone calls to Macy's requesting again and again a return label for this merchandise. Would you call it "a series of unfortunate events" or just pure stupidity, which again caused me hours of wasted time?

Through my entire ordeal, I was given a number of different excuses about a new computer program used by Macy's, problems with irresponsible vendors, or simply no explanation why my requests for return labels were documented incorrectly or were not documented at all! Reps there could not read, write or simply spell my email address. In general, they are absolutely useless, they give bogus information and simply don't care--what customer disservice and an absolute nightmare-- shame on Macy's!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have shopped Macy's for decades, including rugs and furniture. In the past, Macy's backed its products. I purchased a high end leather sectional sofa 4 years ago. Light use, older people, etc. the SPRINGS popped out and the button tufts separated. It is a high priced item. Bought a warranty as well that does not cover this. We feel highly misled and cheated. The Customer Service rep was supposed to give us $500 on our account for our trouble - never evened that. We want the item repaired or replaced and the navigation to get help is strewn with barriers. What an offending and horrible experience. Sadly, I have other furniture purchased and worry. PLEASE help us if anyone reads this. Both quality of product AND customer service are awful.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We bought furniture, and paid for their Worrynomore Protection Plan 7 years ago. We did not use it so we filed to get the voucher they promised. We received it alright. WHAT A JOKE and they DO NOT TELL YOU upfront that THE VOUCHER IS ONLY FOR IN STORE only. So if they do not have it in the store, no you cannot order it direct online, nor have it ordered to the store. No, the associates do not tell you that, it states on their Worrynomore webpage: See associate for details. So if your associate withholds that info, you do not find out until after. This NEEDS TO BE SPELLED OUT RIGHT ON THEIR WEBPAGE. AWFUL. DO NOT GET THE PLAN. It is simply another scam by Macy's.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

In April of 2015 we purchased 4 dinette chairs for a seldom used dining table. About six month ago a guest was sitting on a chair when the front leg bolts tore out of the frame, and the chair collapsed. Thankfully she wasn't seriously hurt. We chalked it up to a defective chair. However, on Thanksgiving day, a guest was seated on one of the three remaining chairs, and when he bent over to retrieve his napkin, a front leg collapsed, and our guest fell to the floor.

This time there was a 9 inch sharply pointed sliver of shattered wood that tore into his pants and badly scratched his leg. It could have just as easily could have penetrated upper leg, or even an artery! Thankfully did not. I contacted Macy's, but was unable to talk to a human. Their automated system and their "chat" were useless. Wasted a lot of time describing the situation, just to get a message back saying they couldn't help with the problem. These cheaply-made products are seriously dangerous, and should be pulled off the market!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I am writing a review of how we are being treated with the Macy's No Worry furniture warranty. We bought furniture from Macy's a couple of times and have been very happy. We bought some furniture July of 2017. We were talked into the warranty. We bought it due to pets. They told us what was covered which included stains, tears, discoloration, etc. When we went to file a claim, they denied us. They said scrapes were not included in the warranty. Ok, scrape, scratch and tears are the same thing to me. We also had some discoloration/stain. They said we did not file within the time frame, but our warranty is not up until 2022. I will be contacting headquarters.

I did look at the reviews of this so called warranty, and the reviews are horrible and many are saying it is a scam. I talked to a person who use to sell furniture and they said it was a scam. So guess I will find someone to repair it for me. So disappointed in Macy's Furniture. I was planning to buy a guest bedroom set from them. Well not anymore. It is so sad you can't get what you paid for! It would probably have only cost them 50 to 100 to repair. We paid them 4500 for the furniture plus 500 for the scam warranty. :( I am giving them zero stars for the warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Macy's 'Worry No More Protection Plan' for their couches is TERRIBLE! Avoid it at all costs. They won't cover anything and they'll take about 4 weeks to tell you that. It's a total rip off. And the couch I purchased through Macy's didn't hold up either. All in all, I will NEVER purchase furniture through Macy's again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

On October 8 2018 We went to Macy's at the Oakland Mall in Troy MI. Purchased a Sectional, 2 end tables and coffee table spending 6 thousand dollars. October 12 our furniture was delivered. During the process of the delivery guys bringing in about 14 big boxes opening the boxes in the house they said due to Macy's Policy. In doing so they slid the boxes across my hardwood floors & also slid pieces of the couch across it causing hundreds of scratches and several of gouges in my floors. The delivery guy Joey wrote on the contract papers from Macy's stated they had damaged our floors, I signed it & Joey signed it.

Called Macy's. Talk to the salesman Ed and he told me to call customer service that the delivery people were a 3rd party. That never was mentioned to us nor is it in any of their paperwork that a 3rd party was delivering our stuff. Finally call Macy's Customer service again on October 15th and the Lady says Macy's can settle with us for 200 hundred dollars or they will contacted Cadillac Cartage to settle everything with them. Well at this point we called our Hardwood guy to come out on October 21 and look at the floors and see what we could do to fix them. In the meantime Duston the owner of Cadillac Cartage had call and was gonna come over to look at the damage. He was supposed to be here Friday the 19th at 9:00 am and then that was changed to 3:00 that day. My husband told him our son was getting married that day that we would be close and could run back to our house and meet him at 3:00. We run home and no one shows up.

We make 3 phone calls to Duston. He doesn't not answer so we go back to the wedding party. A family member also works for a delivery company and knows the owner of Cadillac Cartage and calls him and Duston says he will be at or house at 9:00 in the morning Saturday (20th) well yet another no show. Saturday night about 7:30 a guy by the name Tom calls, says he's Duston's do it all guy and he wants to come over Sunday and look at the floors.

After about 30 minutes listening to this guy tell me how he's gonna fix my floors (That he's never seen) I explain to him that my floors are a custom floor that only a few people here in Michigan know how to do and that my floors are brand new floor. Just had them done May 1st. They are 5 months old... He continues to tell me my floor guy ripped me off blah blah blah. So I had a funny feeling about him so my husband had his name ran and yeah He's a felon with a few serious charges and a few business issues against him in court. So no he's not welcome in my home.

Then on the 22nd I call Gill. He's the manager at Macy's warehouse. I tell him everything thing that is going on. He tells me he is going to contact Cadillac Cartage (Duston) and he will call me back and give me his email to send him my quote from my contractor and the pictures of the damaged floors. Well never heard back from Gil but around 4:00 that day guy name Aaron calls. He's only 5 minutes away. He wants to come look at our floors. He says he's the operation manager for Cadillac Cartage so my husband says, "Ok come by." Aaron comes within 5 minutes. He takes pictures and takes a few pictures off my phone of the contract paper that Joey signed saying they damaged our floors.

The 24th we received our quote from our contractor for our floors saying our floors had to be resanded and would have to be resanding though our whole top level because there's no breaking point through the house and there was no way to match it being it's a custom floor. Super upset we became due to our floors are only 5 months old and we had to move out of our home already for a couple weeks when we had them done and we have just started putting our house back together was it all new furniture and so forth.

I send Aaron over our quote, I receive no response. Later that day (24th) I get a call from our floor contractor saying Duston from Cadillac Cartage call and was really rude, argumentative and loud with her and told her he wasn't paying that kinda of money to fix our floors that he wanted them to spot fix our floors and we can throw an area rug over it. She told him that wouldn't work that he was not able to make them decisions on our floors. Duston then told her He was paying for it and that the ** will he what he wants because he is paying for it. She said that's not how that works. At this point no one wants to deal with this owner at Cadillac Cartage Duston due to his aggressive approach with people.

I had spoke back with Aaron again that same day and explained all of this to him and he said they have been in business 10 years and that's why Aaron usually talks to the people because Duston Hudgins rough around the edges. Aaron ** was very polite and easy to talk with but all and all have had nothing but lies and runarounds with all of them, more like 3 years in business not 10 years and now have random people calling our phones wanted to come look at our floors. We have had at least 6 people call us wanting to take a look at the hardwood project. Ummm no thank you. Randomly trying to sending people into our home don't work for us being the 1st guy had a record a mile long.

So I found a few numbers one being Executive Customer service number in Cincinnati Ohio. Spoke with a wonderful lady Sandy **, explained everything to her and she told me sorry about a hundred times about all the stuff we have gone through with all this and she was gonna send an email to a few higher up people in Hopes to getting something resolved with my floors. She said I would be hearing from some of them. She was going to attach this email to Gil, Steve ** head guy of all the warehouse and Few other people Andy ** and a Rich **. And she would call me with a follow up to make sure things were going in the right direction. Well have not heard from No one!!!!

Sandy did call left a voicemail saying she was just checking up to see how things were going that she was sure we have already heard from someone but she was just checking up as she told me she would. Well have tried to call her back 6 times and left messages on her direct phone and have not heard back from her or anyone else. So we have called our Homeowners insurance to see what our options are and they are an Option at this point and they will go after Macy's themself if we decide to file a claim with them. And We have an appointment with a lawyer On November 6th to get some information from him as well on how to go about this.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

I purchased a sectional from Macy's January 16, 2014 & it was delivered on March 13, 2014. I purchased their "Worry No More" warranty at the urging of the salesperson who advised me that this warranty covered EVERYTHING for 7 years. This was delivered to me with the furniture. Pet damage, specifically clawing, biting, and soiling was mentioned because that is why I was replacing my previous living room set. I was uncomfortable with spending that much on furniture since I do still have pets but they had me convinced that if ANYTHING happened that it would be covered.

Last month there was an incident where an animal under my care temporarily was left out & clawed up the back corner of my furniture & went potty all over the cushions while I was away for the weekend. I took the covers off, washed them on handwash cycle & laid them flat to dry. When I went to put the covers back on every single one of them had shredded, some in several spots, and 2 zippers had broken. I have washed the most delicate of fabrics on this cycle and have never had anything fall apart like these cushion covers did. (This is a couch that, prior to this, may have been touched once a month at most. The cushion cores are still as stiff as the day I got it.) I immediately filed a claim only to be denied because they do not cover "pet damage."

After reading over the warranty, that I didn't even have a copy of until the furniture was delivered, I saw that pet damage was NOT covered as I and many others have been led to believe. I figured I could argue that later but I still had cushion & pillow covers that shredded the first time I removed them to wash. That was another reason I bought this specific couch was because I could remove the covers and wash them. That claim was also denied for no specific reason. That was a legitimate claim that should have been covered but they refused to cover anything at all.

I ended up on chat with Macy's customer service who told me there was nothing they could do about the decision made by the warranty company and offered to refund me the 274.00 + tax for the warranty for my 3500.00 couch. I took that as an insult and refused. They then offered to refund me 40% of what I paid for the furniture which was 1224.45 on top of the warranty refund of 291.81. I was still not happy with this settlement but they told me that this was the most they could do, take it or leave it basically. If it comes down to I'm getting 1500.00 or 0, I'm at least going to get something to get new furniture, so I told them send the check but that I would still be fighting this all the way to the top for the remaining amount. They apologized & told me I would be refunded by check that I could deposit into my checking account and that it would take 14-20 days.

I watched the mail for 4 weeks and got nothing. I tried to go back on the same chat thread on social media and could only get the auto-responses back. A customer service number was given so I called it only to be told that there was never any check issued and that the rep never even put the request in for me. The rep then offered to refund me 1200.00 (the agreed amount was 1224.45) but I had to contact Worry No More for that refund separately. I was NEVER told I had to contact them for a refund. They gave me the exact amounts of both the 40% "keep as is" refund and the warranty refund & said they would send checks. After being on hold for about 30 min the rep comes back on to inform me that now they will refund the 274.00 for the warranty but refused to refund the full amount I was originally promised of 291.81 that included the tax.

After a few more minutes of arguing with him about the fact that he has to refund the tax I paid if he's refunding the product amount, he agreed to request a separate check for the tax but insists that he can't do anything to speed up the processing time. Now I'm supposed to wait another 2-3 weeks on top of the 4 weeks I've already been waiting. Macy's knows that this company they use for furniture warranties refuses to fix anything and denies legitimate claims made but they still keep convincing customers to buy it. Not only that but their salespeople are flat out lying to customers when they convince them that this warranty covers everything when it really covers nothing.

I talked to several salespeople over about a year while trying to decide which set to get and they all assured me that the warranty covers EVERYTHING. Now I have no couch and no refund. Since I have 0% use of the couch I purchased from Macy's due to poor quality & deceptive sales tactics, they should get to keep 0% of the money I spent on it.

Update: 3 weeks later and I still do not have the checks that I was told would be overnighted 2 weeks ago by an "escalations representative". Not only did they not overnight them, they printed them on Monday and they sat on them for a week before they were sent out last Monday. I had to call again tonight because I only got 1 of the 3 checks I was told I was getting. The customer service rep I talked to tonight actually laughed at me because I was so mad. He LAUGHED because I was so upset. This has been going on for 2 MONTHS!! What is wrong with these people?? How are they even in business??

Original review: Oct. 21, 2018

I purchased a whole living room suite based upon the 2 gray leather wingback chairs I purchased. We also painted and put in new rugs to match the chairs, lots of work. Within 6 months the leather is discoloring, is now yellow. The other chair is put together so shoddily it is crooked and nobody wants to sit in it. There is a one year warranty on recliner parts and 2 year on leather. When the technician came out I was told that is normal manufacturer variance and not covered. Would Martha want her gray recliner to turn yellow? Macy's wants to cash me out at a fraction of the price, cancel my warranty and my WorryNoMore that I paid extra for and not reimburse me for the WorryNoMore. The cash out is 20% of the value. This is ridiculous, to not stand by your warranty and the extra warranty, I now call Worry More, that I paid for and not be reimbursed. I am considering taking them to small claims court for fraudulent practices. Has anybody done this?

Original review: Sept. 25, 2018

Order was delivered after 6 weeks. Chairs are the most uncomfortable, can't sit on it for more than 10 minutes. The dining table finish is so bad couldn't have done a worse job if they tried. Spots all over that does not get cleaned. Workmanship is less than mediocre. Do not buy this. You will be sorry. It just looks nice dining set. Rooms To Go has so much better furniture.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I purchased two Elina bedroom nightstands and a chest from Macy’s Furniture. One of the nightstands had a manufacturing defect with a dozen dark black mark around the top it. The other nightstand and chest did not have any black marks on their tops. I contacted Macy’s furniture customer service to discuss replacing the defective nightstand, and was informed that an appointment with a US Quality Furniture Services representative was required to see if they could fix the problem. US Quality Furniture Services stated the scheduled appointment time was between 2pm-5pm. The US Quality Furniture Services representative arrived early so I missed him.

My daughter ended up speaking with the representative. His feedback was that the black marks were factory made, and that the nightstand was supposed to look that way. The representative’s statement was ridiculous. The other pieces of Elina furniture delivered at the same, as well as the Macy’s online furniture photos, and in-store floor samples do not have defective black marks on their tops. Macy’s Furniture customer service refuses to replace the defective nightstand. My recommendation is… DO NOT buy any furniture from Macy’s.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

Bought a sectional in January. One of the recliners came with the power not working. Was finally replaced in August after months of back and forth from Macy's to WorryNoMore. When replacement was delivered the power wasn't working properly. When you reclined it kept skipping and then just died. Now nothing works. I've called up Macy's and WorryNoMore. Now its 4 weeks with this broken item and no one has helped me. WorryNoMore made me purchase another warranty on the replacement item. The replacement recliner came with the power not working correctly and now they are telling me they need to put a new claim under the new policy just purchase last month and if they replace it again I need to purchase a new policy for the new chair if they approve a replacement for the replacement that came broken! This is insane!!!

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

Got a stain on furniture protected by the Worry No More protection plan - but I did not fall within the 15-day time frame they want it reported by. This was totally not made known to me on the front end of purchasing the policy, which by the way is not cheap. I do not think the time frame would make a difference in fixing the piece - but it seems like a good excuse not to have to come try to clean it.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Shopping with Macy's furniture has been one of the worst shopping experience ever! Placed an order for Bed frame and Sectional couch August 2nd. Bed was in stock and still got delivered only on Aug 24. Believe it or not the couch (they say) is being delivered only by Sept 14th!! The thing that frustrated me the most was I am paying $200 for deliver of 2 items and despite that they make sure that you have the worst experience with delivery service.

First of all they don't give you a time frame window until the day before the actual delivery. And after that the timing that they give you is right in the middle of the day 10-12 pm or 1-3 pm on a weekday!! How is one suppose to plan or even make sure to be there for that big a time window! If this would have been a FREE delivery I would have probably put in the effort to miss work and be there according to their schedule and convenience. But now I end up losing delivery fee and work hours! The least they could have done is offer Weekend services, I would have gladly taken any time frame offered by them on a weekend! This will definitely be my first & last purchase with MACY's ever!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I ordered a bed frame from Macy's in July and had it scheduled to be delivered in August. I was originally going to have the bed delivered to my parents house but I received a closing date sooner. So I called Macy's to change the address. I received an email the day before the delivery and noticed the address was not changed so I called again. They informed me that since the bed was already on the truck I would have to wait a couple days to reschedule the delivery but they changed the address even though they "changed the address" when I called the 1st time.

A couple weeks later the bed was supposed to be delivered to the new address, well the driver called and stated he was outside but he was outside the wrong address. This was the third time I attempted to get this bed delivered. I spoke with customer service and they did nothing but say they were sorry, no solutions for the issue they caused due to their negligence. I canceled the bed and will not be purchasing from such an unprofessional company again!

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

After being talked into purchasing the protection plan, we finally received our furniture. As it turned out it should only be cleaned with soap and water, so none of the solvents in the box that we were handed when we left the store would do us any good, much less any cleaning that might be offered in the future by this company. Went online to see if it was indeed something that could be cancelled and found ALL these complaints! Called Macy's to cancel, nope have to call WORRYNOMORE, called WNM, nope Macy's has to cancel... rinse repeat same thing TWICE! 20 minutes later... final time I called Macy's, very accommodating customer service gal cancelled for me. Whew! So relieved. Don't get snookered!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

I purchased a couch set from Macy's. They convinced me to buy a 7 yr 'all-inclusive' warranty. They claimed it covers everything from accidental spills, rips, breaks, etc... I opened a claim with a few stains and a motor that works slow. They replied that with multiple 'accumulated' stains this isn't covered and the motor is not covered at all. I was able to wash out all stains but one. I asked them to cover the one stain - not multiple. They said that since I had multiple stains I needed to pay a furniture company to come certify that I have only have one stain - really? Nobody has had a kid brush their teeth and drop toothpaste; and then wash it out? Then I reached into the couch to retrieve something that fell in.

Something from inside the couch was pultruding out and cut my whole arm. I sent them pics of myself bleeding. I want that couch repaired - per warranty. Still they said that since I had multiple stains I had originally asked them to clean; my warranty was void because I didn't pay a furniture repair company to certify I cleaned a few stains, that I cleaned. They refuse to give me a phone number to call. They are scammers. They don't repair anything. I will not buy Macy's again unless they find me a new warranty company and transfer my warranty somewhere else. Not likely, so I will be shopping more reputable stores in the future. Costco maybe.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Hi there. I would strongly encourage everyone who has had a claim denied by WorrynoMore, to please file a complaint with your State Attorney General's Office, and the Better Business Bureau. I am currently working with Macy's to get my 4k couches repaired. WorrynoMore without assessing the damage or requesting photos was trying to convince me that the damage I was describing to them was not actually correct. Who in the world are these people? I called to report a tear/rip on my couches, and they think it is fraying. I currently have a letter typed up to send to AG's Office if Macy's does not make this right. I believe by submitting all our requests in, the AG is going to see a pattern and practice about this insurance company. Frustrated customer in Yakima, WA.

Original review: Aug. 11, 2018

Purchased a bedroom suite and the delivery process was horrible. To make it worse WORRYNOMORE warranty is a scam. This company will find any excuse to NOT honor repairs. I am supposed to receive a pro rated refund but I will see.

Original review: July 18, 2018

Fraudulent business. Buyer beware. Macy's is selling fraudulent merchandise with no repercussions. Just under 2 years my very expensive (4500.00) "all leather" couch is peeling. I called customer service and they informed me that they do not help customers with counterfeit leather. They stand by their imitation crappy furniture... I am waiting for the class action lawsuit as I see that there are numerous complaints about Macy's counterfeit merchandise. They are still selling the faulty couch on their website today? How do they get away with this kind of business in America???

Original review: July 10, 2018

Purchased a couch and the zippers broke on both seat cushions. Filed a claim yesterday and was completely denied! It is well within the 7 years warranty plan I purchased. Worry No More is a scam and the customer service is horrible! They will do everything to not pay! I am surprised with the good reputation of Macy’s that they would use a company for their warranty services with such poor customer service and refuse to pay and replace items under warranty! The customer service representatives at Macy’s were no better! They did nothing to help rectify the problem.

With so many negative reviews on Worry No More, why doesn’t Consumer Affairs start looking into these companies and stop them from taking advantage of consumers! It seems this is only a place to vent and hopefully warn off other consumers! Somebody needs to start standing up for what is right and do the right thing! Companies like this just keep getting away with it and ripping off more people!

Original review: July 4, 2018

I’m giving one star because is not less than that to rate the biggest scam ever. Macy’s furniture warranty, WorryNoMore is a big scam, starting with the people that answer the phone, they totally trained to make very hard for you to get the claim in your favor, very careful what you tell them, and technicians doesn’t do nothing and will blame on you, on your dog, on your neighbor. Do not get warranty from them.

Original review: July 4, 2018

This was hands-down the best delivery service we’ve ever had. They even put red carpet over our steps to make sure they didn’t damage any furniture as they carried it in. The quality of Macy’s Furniture Is excellent!!

Original review: June 26, 2018

Purchased a nice cherry bedroom set in 2014, along with the WorryNoMore protection plan, which we were told would cover nicks and scratches for 7 years. After owning the set for 4 years, we started noticing chipping and called WorryNoMore to initiate a claim for nicks along the edges of the dresser and chest. They denied our claim, on the basis of the fact that the damage started more than 15 days ago. Apparently this was mentioned in the WorryNoMore warranty, which we did not receive. I only got the sales brochure for the plan which does not indicate such a limitation. I feel that we paid $283 for a completely worthless plan. I wish I had read some of the complaints that have been recorded here.

Original review: June 21, 2018

Worrynomore by Macy's - This is a scam and they do not honor any of their promises. I paid $439.00 for the warranty for outdoor furniture and was told it covers up to 5 years. After less than two years the fabric ripped and I filed a claim, they denied my claim stating, "According to the terms and the conditions of your warranty fraying, fabric failure or any defects resulting from a flaw in manufacturing is not a covered." What an excuse. If it is a flaw in manufacturing and they sold it to me then they should be responsible. WHAT A SCAM.

Original review: June 8, 2018

The sectional is beautiful but the delivery was an awful experience. Two men who literally had to carry in 5 pieces through open garage into room behind garage. They were rude and had no intention of doing ANY extra work. I asked them to move the old sectional into the garage where they just came from (SAME LEVEL). They refused and called Macy’s when I highlighted that the delivery specifically says ”We will move like pieces into room on same level”. They were instructed by corporate to do the job, and they did. They made several rude comments that I chose to ignore. I’m so mad at myself for tipping them!!! I’m just used to being nice.

Now, I was about to call to pay for the extended furniture protection plan because the woman gave me a hard sell about how it protects for everything and it would be silly not to purchase it. Before I made the call, I decided to Google and see if everyone was satisfied with the protection plan. THANK GOD I DID!!! The plan sounds completely worthless... THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO TOOK THE TIME TO WARN ME!! You honestly just saved me about $500.

Original review: June 6, 2018

Purchased with 5 year protection plan in 2015. Specifically told by Macy's salesperson that protection plan covered sagging cushions. Liam armless recliner (most used in the house), started sagging after one year. Called Macy's and they referred me to Worrynomore, who told me it was not covered. Deceptive sales practice, to say the least. Goodbye, Macy's! We've spent our last dime with you. Have fun going the way of Sears.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I have read countless post of consumers who fell for this worthless plan that MACY's push onto customers. I am one of those customers who bought into this pain staking-worthless plan. I wish consumers who reads these reviews adhere to our complaints about this and not support Macy's corporate scam. My experience with this retailer is less than satisfying with all their products excessively overpriced and piss poor customer services. Straight to the point about this scam; I have filed for a return immediately when qualified to do so at/near 7 years of CLAIM FREE. I then come to find out that this process of retrieving my entitled money is nowhere near hassle-free. I filed my claim in FEB 2018 and received a partial payment in MAR 2018, then I called WorryNoMore to find out the problem and they referred me to Macy's customer service.

The representative told me that I have three (3) separate SALESCHECK# which I had no idea of because they broken them down by DELIVERY DATES (not based off your single transaction salescheck #). So now I have to file for the remaining balance again and wait for my second check to come. Keep in mind that these checks are only valid for 90 days from issuance, so what this means is that I have to make two (2) separate purchase with this return when it should've been a complete refund based off that single salescheck. CORPORATE SCAM to take hard earned money from consumers.

The customer service could've easily inform the customer that they have X amount of salescheck on file to be claim and suggest the best plan of action for the customer to retrieve their money back. Failure on corporate and management! Macy's, if you are reading this. You need to be ashamed of yourself for being in business this long and not listening and fixing massive amount of complaints of your products. I am no longer your customer... Thank you for existing.

Original review: May 20, 2018

I was at Macy's (Sherman Oaks) on Saturday 5/19/2018, found a single show in the last act section which was my size but could not find the other pair. I asked this beautiful saleslady name Lena if she could find the other pair for me because I liked the show very much. She checked her handheld computer and said that they should have the other pair. She then went in the warehouse and could not find it. She said she will look in the final sales and we both started looking but I had almost given up when she came and showed me the other pair. I was so impressed with her patience and kindness, never lost her cool and was very pleasant. I have to say have not had a better salesperson in my life. Her name is LENA and I would like the management to know she deserved recognition. Excellent employee. Thanks.

Original review: May 18, 2018

The WorryNoMore Plan is absolutely worthless. There was a small scratch which was caused when my young daughter with a picture frame on a nightstand we had purchased less than three years ago. The scratch was just deep enough to show the bare wood and about a half inch long. I called to file the claim and was instructed to send pictures of the damage. The next day after sending the pictures I received a response back. The claim was denied as the pictures "reflected an accumulation of damages". There were some other surface marks but again the nightstand was three years old and I said I just wanted them to fix the scratch caused by the picture frame and was told by the service representative this is something they cannot do.

So unless you keep your furniture in pristine condition the company will just use the "reflected an accumulation of damages" to deny the claim. I have purchased several bedroom furniture sets and some living room furniture also from Macy's and thought since they are a reasonable reputable company the associated plan would also be somewhat reasonable and valuable but I will never again purchase the WorryNoMore protection plan as the name itself is very misleading and a scam in itself.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information