Macy's - Furniture
1.31/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Macy's - Furniture

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 1, 2017

485 Macy's - Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I had purchased a queen size mattress at Macy’s for a price close to $3,000. Mattress is giving a bad back pain, hips, shoulders and lower back pain. I stop by Macy’s and spoken to the sales department explaining my bad experience. I expressed that I was looking to get a very firm mattress, more like a floor but comfortable for myself. They apparently are just doing the sales but not responsible for anything else. I call their corporate trying to get a new mattress and also try to be compensated for the time that I have been suffering of all pain and night without sleep. Also I am seeing a therapist to massage in which isn’t helping at all. I paid for the bottom frame in which it never arrived. Calling and getting a wasted of time and incompetent worker. I need a new replacement mattress plus I wanted be compensated for my pain and suffering I am going throughout right this moment.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2017

I purchased a Julius Leather Sectional well over $3300.00 dollars. I have had it for four days now. The power chair blew out. Sparks came out of the chair. The price tag is still on the sectional. I tried to chat with a representative about the issue as I also purchased the warranty. The representative refuse to help me because I did not have the order number. So, I called after repeating myself many times, I noticed on the call I was placed on mute. When I asked about why I was being muted, the agent explained that she would transfer me to an English speaker. I talked with someone name Travis. He said he could not find me in the system. He was rude and indifferent and did not even introduce himself or apologize about what happened without my prompting. He then hung up. I called back and a nice young lady explained why she could not help me. I was told to call in the morning.

Summary: It took two deliveries to get my order right and yet, I was billed a restocking fee a day after I corrected an error entered from the sales representative. I was told that I had two weeks to purchase an additional warranty when I had only three days. I was told that the movers would move my existing furniture to another room only to find out that they could not because the room was downstairs and now I have a defective couch.

After numerous calls, I was told call back tomorrow. So tomorrow, I will call and have to explain myself all over again. This was the "white glove" service and I purchased a warranty when I had not even taken full possession of the defective sectional. The customer service representatives stick to the script and treat the customer very, very poor. Macy's was never like this and I know because this was my third sectional I had purchased. I am not filing complaints to get the matter resolved. Poor experience, poor service and poor quality furniture.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I Purchased Macy's Insurance for the outdoor Furniture, it is for 5 years. The furniture that is hardly used, Cushions started shredding apart after 2 years. I called Macy's, they said it was too late but would replace & do me a favor (I have the insurance so they are not doing me any favors). I am now on month 5. Still no cushions. Terrible experience, Thought Macy's would honor agreements, I guess not!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

The customer service at Macy's is awful. My husband and I purchased a leather recliner from their home store. After two days we notice the chair had what appeared to be a rip and a scratch. I immediately called the store and they said they would send a technician out. (We also had purchased the warranty for $168.00 which they said I didn't need to use because it had been 2 days). The technician came out and reported to Macy's it was natural scarring (the one scratch was through the leather and you could see the split).

I spoke with Macy's customer service, sent them pictures etc. They told me the chair could be returned but we would have to pay a 15% restock fee even though I had the chair 2 days. They refused to stand by their product and I ended up losing $150.00 on the purchase (delivery and restock). They are the worst company I have ever dealt with. Please think twice before making a big purchase with them. We were so upset. The whole family loved the chair and now we are out $150.00 on a very large purchase that took me awhile to make. I have attached one picture and there was another mark as well.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Our experience with Macy's was good. We discovered an abrasion and puncture mark on the back of new leather sofa several weeks after delivery. Because of the position of the couch in our home these flaws were noticeable in daylight. Hard to tell what caused them, possibly something in transport, and we hadn't noticed them at first. WorryNoMore folks said sofa was still under manufacturer's warranty. We reached Macy's customer service and they made an appointment for inspector from US Quality Furniture Service to take a look at the problem.

A pleasant, uniformed young man from USQFS arrived for scheduled appointment, on time. He spent less than a minute examining the couch and told us the amount of natural light in our house made it impossible for him to make a satisfactory, invisible repair. He then took a few pictures of the damaged area and the tags underneath the couch. "I'm going to recommend that they exchange it for a new one," he said. After a few minutes on the phone with a Macy's representative he had arranged for the exchange. About a week later we had a brand new, pristine sofa. No additional delivery charges.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

My husband and I purchased a WorryNoMore protection plan when we purchased a leather sofa from Macy's. We only purchased it because we were basically getting our money back. We didn't need to use the warranty so we patiently waited for our store credit. Of course we never received it. When I contacted WorryNoMore I was told I had to contact them within 90 days of the expiration date of the plan so I was no longer eligible for the credit. I contacted Macy's and they were no help. I checked the plan brochure I received and it does not say anywhere they have to be notified within 90 days of the expiration of the plan. This plan is a joke, save yourself some money and don't purchase this plan.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

In August we ordered 3 leather sofas. We agreed to make a first available delivery on Sep 5th. 1 days before they called and said sorry we have to reschedule cause the sofas have not arrived on time to warehouse. We’re rescheduled a 2nd time for Sep 19th and guess what? On Sep 18th they confirmed they will deliver the next day between 10-12 but when 19th came they didn't show up. We checked online and it said select delivery date with an option for next month. Really?

Why you even cancelled without even telling us? Also they opened a card for me and we agreed to finance the 2 couches for 12 mos and 1 couch on my card. But no they decided to charge 2 times my card $5300 ea time and still opened a card. Why? Have no idea. Definitely people working there are not professionals, they have no idea of what they are doing. Here I am sitting on the day of "suppose" delivery without couches again. This is just outrages. They probably didn't even plan to deliver them. How sad.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I purchased a leather sectional in 2014 and the sectional had nothing but problems from the start. Base was broken within a month and they had a guy come out with a nail gun and shot some nails. Now the base is broken again. I called Macy's and they said sorry it's not covered and forwarded my call to "WORRYNOMORE" ** company. They said "you didn't call us in the timeframe of when this happened so your warranty is voided and nothing is covered." What a bunch of horse **. They'll be hearing from a lawyer pretty soon. AVOID BUYING FURNITURE FROM THIS COMPANY! They are still selling this WORRYNOMORE warranty in their store as of today.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2017

Several years ago, I purchased a coffee table from Macy's, along with a WorryNoMore 7-year policy to protect my investment. A month ago, the glass table top broke and I called Worrynomore. They denied my claim because they stated that I had not contacted them within a stipulated seven-day period. Nowhere was this time frame written on the Worrynomore documentation I received from Macy's, nor did anyone tell me when I purchased the policy that I had a limited time to file a claim. When I complained to Worrynomore, they sent me a copy of the official policy, but that was years after the fact. After reading the scathing online reviews of Worrynomore at ConsumerAffairs, I honestly think this company has invented every possible excuse to avoid paying a claim.

I wonder why Macy's continues to sell this unreliable policy. At this point, I would hesitate to buy any more furniture from Macy's because there are no real guarantees. I would also participate in a class-action suit against Worrynomore, if one were initiated. When all else failed with Worrynomore, I did contact Macy's and asked if I could purchase a new glass table top (at my own expense). The Customer Service representative told me this was impossible. She said that my only option was to purchase an entirely new coffee table at full price, which was unacceptable. I do plan to follow up with the Management at Macy's to see if any further agreement can be reached, but meanwhile wanted to notify you of the situation. Many thanks for reviewing my case.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

No More Worries is a very deceitful company. Like everyone on this board has mentioned (Over 500 complaints), they will use a play on words and then use them against you. You try to explain and they will say but you said, and use that against you. Worst customer service I have ever encountered. I wish someone would bring up a class action suit against them, I would definitely join in. They just want to sell you a warranty, take your money and believe me they will find a reason to deny your claim.

Be careful with this company, in fact don't purchase their warranty at all, and if you already did, good luck. Macy's is a good company but I am very surprised they deal and use such a terrible company. I would think that they wouldn't want to be associated with a company like this. Hate to say it but I won't buy at Macy's anymore because I just can't trust who they use. I hope someone from Macy's will read these complaints, because this company should not be allowed to operate, and they really should switch to a more reputable warranty company.

Original review: July 27, 2017

We bought a Ricardo Leather Sofa and chair from Macy’s with the Worry No More 7 year protection plan. The service from Worry No More and Uniters Warranty Company is pathetic and absolutely not worth buying. Buyers Beware!

Original review: July 14, 2017

My husband have $2000. in credit with this store. On January 2017 he bought 2 pieces of leather-sofas at Macy's and one of the sofas came with a crack on one of the front legs. As soon as he noticed this, he called customer service in front of the drivers that brought the furniture. Customer service told my husband that he had 3 options. Option#1 return the furniture but Macy's will not return to him the delivery charges, 2nd wait for a technician to fix the problem because they could order the base of the sofa with the manufacturer (that will take no more than 3-4 weeks to receive it) for the technician to install it at no charges, and 3rd option we can reduce the price of the sofa half price. My husband decided to wait for a technician.

After the technician came to our house and he assured to fix the sofa. We wait for the base of the sofa for almost 2 months. Then my husband decided to return the furniture because the 2 times he called customer service to get information about the order, they ended telling him they were waiting also for the order and that they didn't have any news from the manufacture. So, my husband ended returning the sofa, paying for the delivery ($130. dollars).

After two months of uncomfortable situation. Then we had another ugly, ridiculous, absurd, experience. My husband wanted to try his luck again buying a beautiful leather-sofa for the family room. The piece was an expensive sofa and came with a cut in the skin but covered with the treatment the manufacture put on the skin to give color. So, we noticed this and he proceeded to call immediately. They told him to wait for the technician to check on the sofa.

The technician came, took pictures, and told us that he would not be able to fix it. So that the sofa came with the defect. When my husband called customer service told them that he wanted an exchange immediately and the answer from customer service was "WE DO NOT EXCHANGE PIECES THAT COME WITH A DEFECT... you can return the sofa, still has to pay for the delivery, or we can reduce the price of the sofa and you keep it in that condition." This the most absurd and bully answer from Macy's customer service dept or claim dept. to one of their best customer with an excellent credit. My husband and I are so upset! That I also cried. We are the kind of customers that we do not deserved this annoyance.

Original review: July 12, 2017

I love Macy's and have, until now, always trusted the company to stand behind their products. Our Sterns & Foster mattress was delivered on 1/10/15 and after a few months my husband and I both suffered severe back pain that developed into bouts of sciatica; the money we've spent on doctors, MRI scans & X-rays, ** shots, ** treatments, Chiropractors, Pain Clinics, and other treatments could have purchased a new mattress, instead my new bed is a foam mattress topper placed next to my bed on the floor. Yesterday we met with an "Expert" mattress inspector from Macy's. He tossed a weighted string across the mattress and (while maneuvering a tape measure and cell phone) he quickly took a picture of the gap between the string and the pillow top of the mattress which he deemed to be one inch, not the required 1 1/2".

My complaint had nothing to do with the softness of the pillow top, the mattress was failing because of the material breaking down inside. He said the string test is standard with all mattress companies, yeah right, and it depends on who's doing the test because an inch gap can turn into 2 inches if the picture is taken with just a tad more pressure on the tape, I watched the tape and it barely grazed my mattress. I laid in the middle of the mattress to demonstrate the hump that was still firm, he said the middle was firm because it had adequate support underneath my bed and if they replaced the mattress with another Sterns & Foster it would do the same thing; sag on the sides we sleep and stay firm in the middle. Hmmm, I'm not a mattress "Expert", but to me that sounds like a defective product.

The warranty is useless, and the string test is a scam developed by companies to cheat people. He put me on the phone with Macy's customer service before he left and they offered me $300 dollars to keep the mattress and void the remaining 7 1/2 year warranty, I said no. In 2 weeks another mattress "Expert" will be here to do another string test measurement, I'll let you know what happens.

Original review: July 8, 2017

Ordered a new couch and coffee table from Macy's. When delivered, men could barely speak English and did not have the tools to put the coffee table together. Fortunately, I had tools and had to explain how to put the table together. They had no idea how to do it. Macy's said they had a 'white glove' checklist that the delivery men were suppose to provide. AFTER the furniture was delivered and set up, they provided me with a copy of the checklist. Out of 10-12 items they were suppose to do, they did only two! Terrible delivery. Ordered another table and was told it would be delivered on a certain day between a 2 hour window. It came well after the two hours and again the person could barely speak English. Could not assemble the second table because he did not have the tools with him. I had to provide the tools and show him how to do it. Unbelievable. Nice furniture, but TERRIBLE delivery! I will never buy furniture from Macy's in the future.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I called worrynomore today because I had discoloration stain that on my wood dining table that occurred over the weekend. I stated that I did not know what caused the discoloration. The rep denied my claim saying that only stains from spills are covered, but because I said I don't know what caused my stain, it is denied and she cannot edit my claim once it's denied. Moreover, she said I won't be able to use my warranty for anything else unless I pay their recommended person to fix this stain first. This makes no sense and is absolutely a scam.

Original review: July 4, 2017

Purchased a swivel rocker from Macy's. After careful examination we saw many uncorrectable issues with the chair. One arm was actually 1" higher than the other. The cording was recessed in areas and not in others. These are not issues you would associate normally with a $1000 item. They sent an inspector. He agreed with everything we showed him but the report he filed claimed no manufacturer's defect. After speaking with a rep, they agreed to send a second inspector. I showed him with a carpenter's level the issue. I even put it on the floor to show that the floor was level. When he filed his report he said he saw nothing wrong. I have instructed Macy's to pick up the chair as soon as possible.

Original review: June 21, 2017

My bed was dipping in several areas (I'm 120 lbs and only sleep on this particular mattress 2 months out of the year because it's a second home). A technician came and said it was only dipping 1 inch (below the threshold for repair). I spoke to Macy's customer service in details (for collectively 2 hrs unfortunately) but long story short, with the help of customer service they are refunding me $2500 for old mattress and letting me pick out another replacement this week. Hopefully this works out well, but the customer service call went well (minus the time involved).

Original review: June 21, 2017

Save your money. Do not purchase any warranty service from Macy's. The Worry No More Warranty is a rip off. This company will try every which way to deny your claim. The people are trained to use a play on words to make sure that your claim is denied. It's disgusting really. They give customers a false sense of security thinking their furniture is protected! My leather is basically just coming off my sectional and even though the warranty clearly states that it covers the peeling/cracking leather they called it fading and denied it. This is with the ultimate plan which I paid $600 for. What a waste of money!!! DO NOT GIVE THESE THIEVES ANY MORE MONEY!!! Shame on Macy's for hiring them, for this is truly a reflection on Macy's. I'm disgusted.

Original review: June 13, 2017

Purchased a outdoor sectional with Sunbrella cushion. Purchased the warranty and when making a claim they denied it. They wouldn't cover sun damaged on Sunbrella cushions. What a waste of money! Should have reviewed it first. I see a lot of unhappy customers. Macy's is messing up big time with this. Unfortunately all I can do now is let people know how bad they are and not shop there anymore. I lost once. Won't catch me again.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I am very upset at Macy's. My fiancé and I were debating over a fabric or leather couch while shopping at Macy's and the salesperson convinced us into buying the fabric couch and said that we should never worry as we are covered on accidental damages on the couch for 7 years. We agreed to spend the $3500 on the couch and then another several hundred dollars on the extended warranty. We recently had a leak from our ceiling which caused a stain on the couch that could not be removed so we called in to file a claim and was immediately denied stating that the damage was not an accident caused by me but it was caused by the air conditioner. I'm appalled and do not know what to do in this situation.

There are nearly 500 complaints here. Can we finally move forward to a class action lawsuit against both Worry No More and Macy's furniture store? It is ridiculous that they are still in business when they clearly do not cover what's stated in their pamphlet and expect for more transparency from a big name like Macy's. I'm utterly disgusted and am permanently scarred for future shopping experiences.

Original review: June 4, 2017

Today was the second attempt to deliver furniture worth over $4000, which came damaged again. I specifically told the agent to have the warehouse inspect the items before bringing them to my house and she assured me they would. I spent my afternoon during the window time frame to wait for the delivery. What a waste of time. The items were obviously not inspected. To make matters worse, the pieces are not available again for 4 months! The representative offered me $50, which is completely insulting. Now I have to deal with ANOTHER delivery and live without bedroom furniture for 4 months. This company is ridiculous and to charge over $4000 for damaged items is a scam. I will never buy furniture from Macy's again.

Original review: May 25, 2017

Please, please... do not purchase the worry some more warranty (Worry No More aka Worry Some More) with Macy's. The company finds anyway shape or form to deny your claim on defective or damaged merchandise. Please don't waste your money or the time. Find a warranty company on your own but do not, I repeat do not purchase this warranty at Macy's called "worry some more". They are horrid and the technicians are the worst. When you call uniters aka worry some more get ready to be agitated, aggravated and frustrated. Worry some more is a prime example of what a scam company consist of... if you don't want to be disappointed, don't purchase the warranty.

Original review: May 10, 2017

Uniters North America, LLC - WorryNoMore - DO NOT PURCHASE THE WARRANTY. It has been a beating to get the warranty company to do anything. Finally got them to come out to fix seam separation, but we have asked for cleaning... not on the work order. We had a piping come loose... not covered. Denied. WHAT?? Paid 600$ for nothing.

Original review: May 1, 2017

In Feb 2016 I bought a set of bed for my son. A year later, the box broke without any reason. I called Macy's, and sent a technician who could not fix it. It was agreed that I would buy a new game of bed and they would give me the credit of the amount I paid at first. Today (05/01/2017) 41 days after delivering the new mattress, this again broke. Bad quality, poor service, and very expensive price. I regret buying it. Full set for 740.00. For this price I would definitely buy a high quality set. Second and last time I buy macy's. I advise you that you are looking for a mattress to buy, look elsewhere... anywhere is much better than macy's.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Had Macy's come out to look at a sagging cushion and they ordered a replacement cushion only to be told by the manufacturer that they couldn't fulfill this request (no reason given). The WorryNoMore tech came out, spent about 3 minutes looking at the loveseat and now I get a notice from them that this is normal wear and tear -- after 2 1/2 years of ownership and only about 10 months of actually using the piece?? Such a waste of money, why spend big $$ for "quality" furniture at Macy's and then cover it with a warranty that I was told would cover almost anything? Lesson learned but what an expensive lesson it was, very disappointed in Macy's!

Original review: April 14, 2017

United Warranty who Macy's uses for their warranty on furniture is the absolute worst with service and execution. I ordered two broken parts 1/2/17 and still no parts or follow up. Shame on Macy's for using such a horrible company. I will never buy anything from Macy's ever again!

Original review: April 14, 2017

While shopping for a couch, my husband and I fell in love with this white couch. But we were very reluctant to get it considering we have a three-year-old boy and we had a baby girl on the way. The salesperson convinced me to buy this warranty stating that I didn't have to worry about the kids ruining the couch because the Worry No More program would cover it. If I really like the couch, to buy it with the program and I wouldn't have to worry anymore for the next seven years. I was convinced, what an amazing program! Yea right...

A few months later, which is the present, my son spilled juice on the couch. I take pictures and send in the claim. They send a technician out to look at the stain and take pictures. The next day, today, I received an email from the warranty company saying that they are not going to cover the stain because it's an accumulation of stains. It's two stains that occurred in a single time because of spilled juice from a sippy cup. Do not get this warranty. Use my experience and others people's experience as Proof that this warranty is crap.

Original review: March 29, 2017

I have called about a sofa that the recliner doesn't work and they do not accept the claim. They are a scam. I'm disgusted with their long phone wait and then they come back and say "Sorry your claim is not accepted." I'm very disappointed with Macy's. I will never buy from Macy's again. I should get my money back on this protection plan from Macy's if they are not going to fix the problem. I called a year ago when the recliner periodically didn't work, and then later the recliner started working again. The recliner stopped working again yesterday. I called today and they again declined to fix the problem. Saying I need to get a technician to check the recliner. What good is the 7 year protection plan and why do they sell it to make free money?

Original review: March 27, 2017

We bought our teen son a bedroom set that is now a year and a half old and paid over $5,000 for it! Here we are with still a new set and the ledge that supports the slats broke in half! Our son is not a bad jumper nor is he overweight! When I called Macy's they offered absolutely no recourse, not even an apology! I am on a rampage to get my issue remedied as we paid too much for a bed that is clearly shoddy in its construction!!! Macy's look out!!

Original review: March 17, 2017

We purchased a sofa sectional and recliner from Macy's furniture store in Fort Lauderdale, FL the beginning of February. One month later and there is still no delivery date scheduled for the furniture. They say it won't even arrive at their warehouse until the middle or end of April! Hopefully we can have it delivered before June!!! Where else can you drop over $4,000 and not receive the merchandise for several months after! I really wish the saleslady would have shared this possibility with us prior to purchase! Instead she insisted the pieces would be in the warehouse and a delivery date set by mid March. It's now mid March and I have neither! DO NOT buy from here unless you are ready to wait 3-6 months for it and ready to make several calls to find out what's going on every step of the way!!!! Purchased from Fort Lauderdale store on Federal Hwy.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information