Macy's - Furniture

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

I purchased a leather sectional in 2014 and the sectional had nothing but problems from the start. Base was broken within a month and they had a guy come out with a nail gun and shot some nails. Now the base is broken again. I called Macy's and they said sorry it's not covered and forwarded my call to "WORRYNOMORE" ** company. They said "you didn't call us in the timeframe of when this happened so your warranty is voided and nothing is covered." What a bunch of horse **. They'll be hearing from a lawyer pretty soon. AVOID BUYING FURNITURE FROM THIS COMPANY! They are still selling this WORRYNOMORE warranty in their store as of today.

Several years ago, I purchased a coffee table from Macy's, along with a WorryNoMore 7-year policy to protect my investment. A month ago, the glass table top broke and I called Worrynomore. They denied my claim because they stated that I had not contacted them within a stipulated seven-day period. Nowhere was this time frame written on the Worrynomore documentation I received from Macy's, nor did anyone tell me when I purchased the policy that I had a limited time to file a claim. When I complained to Worrynomore, they sent me a copy of the official policy, but that was years after the fact. After reading the scathing online reviews of Worrynomore at ConsumerAffairs, I honestly think this company has invented every possible excuse to avoid paying a claim.

I wonder why Macy's continues to sell this unreliable policy. At this point, I would hesitate to buy any more furniture from Macy's because there are no real guarantees. I would also participate in a class-action suit against Worrynomore, if one were initiated. When all else failed with Worrynomore, I did contact Macy's and asked if I could purchase a new glass table top (at my own expense). The Customer Service representative told me this was impossible. She said that my only option was to purchase an entirely new coffee table at full price, which was unacceptable. I do plan to follow up with the Management at Macy's to see if any further agreement can be reached, but meanwhile wanted to notify you of the situation. Many thanks for reviewing my case.

No More Worries is a very deceitful company. Like everyone on this board has mentioned (Over 500 complaints), they will use a play on words and then use them against you. You try to explain and they will say but you said, and use that against you. Worst customer service I have ever encountered. I wish someone would bring up a class action suit against them, I would definitely join in. They just want to sell you a warranty, take your money and believe me they will find a reason to deny your claim.

Be careful with this company, in fact don't purchase their warranty at all, and if you already did, good luck. Macy's is a good company but I am very surprised they deal and use such a terrible company. I would think that they wouldn't want to be associated with a company like this. Hate to say it but I won't buy at Macy's anymore because I just can't trust who they use. I hope someone from Macy's will read these complaints, because this company should not be allowed to operate, and they really should switch to a more reputable warranty company.

We bought a Ricardo Leather Sofa and chair from Macy’s with the Worry No More 7 year protection plan. The service from Worry No More and Uniters Warranty Company is pathetic and absolutely not worth buying. Buyers Beware!

My husband have $2000. in credit with this store. On January 2017 he bought 2 pieces of leather-sofas at Macy's and one of the sofas came with a crack on one of the front legs. As soon as he noticed this, he called customer service in front of the drivers that brought the furniture. Customer service told my husband that he had 3 options. Option#1 return the furniture but Macy's will not return to him the delivery charges, 2nd wait for a technician to fix the problem because they could order the base of the sofa with the manufacturer (that will take no more than 3-4 weeks to receive it) for the technician to install it at no charges, and 3rd option we can reduce the price of the sofa half price. My husband decided to wait for a technician.

After the technician came to our house and he assured to fix the sofa. We wait for the base of the sofa for almost 2 months. Then my husband decided to return the furniture because the 2 times he called customer service to get information about the order, they ended telling him they were waiting also for the order and that they didn't have any news from the manufacture. So, my husband ended returning the sofa, paying for the delivery ($130. dollars).

After two months of uncomfortable situation. Then we had another ugly, ridiculous, absurd, experience. My husband wanted to try his luck again buying a beautiful leather-sofa for the family room. The piece was an expensive sofa and came with a cut in the skin but covered with the treatment the manufacture put on the skin to give color. So, we noticed this and he proceeded to call immediately. They told him to wait for the technician to check on the sofa.

The technician came, took pictures, and told us that he would not be able to fix it. So that the sofa came with the defect. When my husband called customer service told them that he wanted an exchange immediately and the answer from customer service was "WE DO NOT EXCHANGE PIECES THAT COME WITH A DEFECT... you can return the sofa, still has to pay for the delivery, or we can reduce the price of the sofa and you keep it in that condition." This the most absurd and bully answer from Macy's customer service dept or claim dept. to one of their best customer with an excellent credit. My husband and I are so upset! That I also cried. We are the kind of customers that we do not deserved this annoyance.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

I love Macy's and have, until now, always trusted the company to stand behind their products. Our Sterns & Foster mattress was delivered on 1/10/15 and after a few months my husband and I both suffered severe back pain that developed into bouts of sciatica; the money we've spent on doctors, MRI scans & X-rays, ** shots, ** treatments, Chiropractors, Pain Clinics, and other treatments could have purchased a new mattress, instead my new bed is a foam mattress topper placed next to my bed on the floor. Yesterday we met with an "Expert" mattress inspector from Macy's. He tossed a weighted string across the mattress and (while maneuvering a tape measure and cell phone) he quickly took a picture of the gap between the string and the pillow top of the mattress which he deemed to be one inch, not the required 1 1/2".

My complaint had nothing to do with the softness of the pillow top, the mattress was failing because of the material breaking down inside. He said the string test is standard with all mattress companies, yeah right, and it depends on who's doing the test because an inch gap can turn into 2 inches if the picture is taken with just a tad more pressure on the tape, I watched the tape and it barely grazed my mattress. I laid in the middle of the mattress to demonstrate the hump that was still firm, he said the middle was firm because it had adequate support underneath my bed and if they replaced the mattress with another Sterns & Foster it would do the same thing; sag on the sides we sleep and stay firm in the middle. Hmmm, I'm not a mattress "Expert", but to me that sounds like a defective product.

The warranty is useless, and the string test is a scam developed by companies to cheat people. He put me on the phone with Macy's customer service before he left and they offered me $300 dollars to keep the mattress and void the remaining 7 1/2 year warranty, I said no. In 2 weeks another mattress "Expert" will be here to do another string test measurement, I'll let you know what happens.

Ordered a new couch and coffee table from Macy's. When delivered, men could barely speak English and did not have the tools to put the coffee table together. Fortunately, I had tools and had to explain how to put the table together. They had no idea how to do it. Macy's said they had a 'white glove' checklist that the delivery men were suppose to provide. AFTER the furniture was delivered and set up, they provided me with a copy of the checklist. Out of 10-12 items they were suppose to do, they did only two! Terrible delivery. Ordered another table and was told it would be delivered on a certain day between a 2 hour window. It came well after the two hours and again the person could barely speak English. Could not assemble the second table because he did not have the tools with him. I had to provide the tools and show him how to do it. Unbelievable. Nice furniture, but TERRIBLE delivery! I will never buy furniture from Macy's in the future.

I called worrynomore today because I had discoloration stain that on my wood dining table that occurred over the weekend. I stated that I did not know what caused the discoloration. The rep denied my claim saying that only stains from spills are covered, but because I said I don't know what caused my stain, it is denied and she cannot edit my claim once it's denied. Moreover, she said I won't be able to use my warranty for anything else unless I pay their recommended person to fix this stain first. This makes no sense and is absolutely a scam.

Purchased a swivel rocker from Macy's. After careful examination we saw many uncorrectable issues with the chair. One arm was actually 1" higher than the other. The cording was recessed in areas and not in others. These are not issues you would associate normally with a $1000 item. They sent an inspector. He agreed with everything we showed him but the report he filed claimed no manufacturer's defect. After speaking with a rep, they agreed to send a second inspector. I showed him with a carpenter's level the issue. I even put it on the floor to show that the floor was level. When he filed his report he said he saw nothing wrong. I have instructed Macy's to pick up the chair as soon as possible.

My bed was dipping in several areas (I'm 120 lbs and only sleep on this particular mattress 2 months out of the year because it's a second home). A technician came and said it was only dipping 1 inch (below the threshold for repair). I spoke to Macy's customer service in details (for collectively 2 hrs unfortunately) but long story short, with the help of customer service they are refunding me $2500 for old mattress and letting me pick out another replacement this week. Hopefully this works out well, but the customer service call went well (minus the time involved).

Save your money. Do not purchase any warranty service from Macy's. The Worry No More Warranty is a rip off. This company will try every which way to deny your claim. The people are trained to use a play on words to make sure that your claim is denied. It's disgusting really. They give customers a false sense of security thinking their furniture is protected! My leather is basically just coming off my sectional and even though the warranty clearly states that it covers the peeling/cracking leather they called it fading and denied it. This is with the ultimate plan which I paid $600 for. What a waste of money!!! DO NOT GIVE THESE THIEVES ANY MORE MONEY!!! Shame on Macy's for hiring them, for this is truly a reflection on Macy's. I'm disgusted.

Purchased a outdoor sectional with Sunbrella cushion. Purchased the warranty and when making a claim they denied it. They wouldn't cover sun damaged on Sunbrella cushions. What a waste of money! Should have reviewed it first. I see a lot of unhappy customers. Macy's is messing up big time with this. Unfortunately all I can do now is let people know how bad they are and not shop there anymore. I lost once. Won't catch me again.

I am very upset at Macy's. My fiancé and I were debating over a fabric or leather couch while shopping at Macy's and the salesperson convinced us into buying the fabric couch and said that we should never worry as we are covered on accidental damages on the couch for 7 years. We agreed to spend the $3500 on the couch and then another several hundred dollars on the extended warranty. We recently had a leak from our ceiling which caused a stain on the couch that could not be removed so we called in to file a claim and was immediately denied stating that the damage was not an accident caused by me but it was caused by the air conditioner. I'm appalled and do not know what to do in this situation.

There are nearly 500 complaints here. Can we finally move forward to a class action lawsuit against both Worry No More and Macy's furniture store? It is ridiculous that they are still in business when they clearly do not cover what's stated in their pamphlet and expect for more transparency from a big name like Macy's. I'm utterly disgusted and am permanently scarred for future shopping experiences.

Today was the second attempt to deliver furniture worth over $4000, which came damaged again. I specifically told the agent to have the warehouse inspect the items before bringing them to my house and she assured me they would. I spent my afternoon during the window time frame to wait for the delivery. What a waste of time. The items were obviously not inspected. To make matters worse, the pieces are not available again for 4 months! The representative offered me $50, which is completely insulting. Now I have to deal with ANOTHER delivery and live without bedroom furniture for 4 months. This company is ridiculous and to charge over $4000 for damaged items is a scam. I will never buy furniture from Macy's again.

Please, please... do not purchase the worry some more warranty (Worry No More aka Worry Some More) with Macy's. The company finds anyway shape or form to deny your claim on defective or damaged merchandise. Please don't waste your money or the time. Find a warranty company on your own but do not, I repeat do not purchase this warranty at Macy's called "worry some more". They are horrid and the technicians are the worst. When you call uniters aka worry some more get ready to be agitated, aggravated and frustrated. Worry some more is a prime example of what a scam company consist of... if you don't want to be disappointed, don't purchase the warranty.

Uniters North America, LLC - WorryNoMore - DO NOT PURCHASE THE WARRANTY. It has been a beating to get the warranty company to do anything. Finally got them to come out to fix seam separation, but we have asked for cleaning... not on the work order. We had a piping come loose... not covered. Denied. WHAT?? Paid 600$ for nothing.

In Feb 2016 I bought a set of bed for my son. A year later, the box broke without any reason. I called Macy's, and sent a technician who could not fix it. It was agreed that I would buy a new game of bed and they would give me the credit of the amount I paid at first. Today (05/01/2017) 41 days after delivering the new mattress, this again broke. Bad quality, poor service, and very expensive price. I regret buying it. Full set for 740.00. For this price I would definitely buy a high quality set. Second and last time I buy macy's. I advise you that you are looking for a mattress to buy, look elsewhere... anywhere is much better than macy's.

Had Macy's come out to look at a sagging cushion and they ordered a replacement cushion only to be told by the manufacturer that they couldn't fulfill this request (no reason given). The WorryNoMore tech came out, spent about 3 minutes looking at the loveseat and now I get a notice from them that this is normal wear and tear -- after 2 1/2 years of ownership and only about 10 months of actually using the piece?? Such a waste of money, why spend big $$ for "quality" furniture at Macy's and then cover it with a warranty that I was told would cover almost anything? Lesson learned but what an expensive lesson it was, very disappointed in Macy's!

United Warranty who Macy's uses for their warranty on furniture is the absolute worst with service and execution. I ordered two broken parts 1/2/17 and still no parts or follow up. Shame on Macy's for using such a horrible company. I will never buy anything from Macy's ever again!

While shopping for a couch, my husband and I fell in love with this white couch. But we were very reluctant to get it considering we have a three-year-old boy and we had a baby girl on the way. The salesperson convinced me to buy this warranty stating that I didn't have to worry about the kids ruining the couch because the Worry No More program would cover it. If I really like the couch, to buy it with the program and I wouldn't have to worry anymore for the next seven years. I was convinced, what an amazing program! Yea right...

A few months later, which is the present, my son spilled juice on the couch. I take pictures and send in the claim. They send a technician out to look at the stain and take pictures. The next day, today, I received an email from the warranty company saying that they are not going to cover the stain because it's an accumulation of stains. It's two stains that occurred in a single time because of spilled juice from a sippy cup. Do not get this warranty. Use my experience and others people's experience as Proof that this warranty is crap.

I have called about a sofa that the recliner doesn't work and they do not accept the claim. They are a scam. I'm disgusted with their long phone wait and then they come back and say "Sorry your claim is not accepted." I'm very disappointed with Macy's. I will never buy from Macy's again. I should get my money back on this protection plan from Macy's if they are not going to fix the problem. I called a year ago when the recliner periodically didn't work, and then later the recliner started working again. The recliner stopped working again yesterday. I called today and they again declined to fix the problem. Saying I need to get a technician to check the recliner. What good is the 7 year protection plan and why do they sell it to make free money?

We bought our teen son a bedroom set that is now a year and a half old and paid over $5,000 for it! Here we are with still a new set and the ledge that supports the slats broke in half! Our son is not a bad jumper nor is he overweight! When I called Macy's they offered absolutely no recourse, not even an apology! I am on a rampage to get my issue remedied as we paid too much for a bed that is clearly shoddy in its construction!!! Macy's look out!!

We purchased a sofa sectional and recliner from Macy's furniture store in Fort Lauderdale, FL the beginning of February. One month later and there is still no delivery date scheduled for the furniture. They say it won't even arrive at their warehouse until the middle or end of April! Hopefully we can have it delivered before June!!! Where else can you drop over $4,000 and not receive the merchandise for several months after! I really wish the saleslady would have shared this possibility with us prior to purchase! Instead she insisted the pieces would be in the warehouse and a delivery date set by mid March. It's now mid March and I have neither! DO NOT buy from here unless you are ready to wait 3-6 months for it and ready to make several calls to find out what's going on every step of the way!!!! Purchased from Fort Lauderdale store on Federal Hwy.

Purchased the 'warranty' plan from Macy's after buying some furniture. Recently had a claim from back in October 2016 that still hasn't been resolved. When I called to complain today (3/3/2017) their response was, "What can I do? What do you want me to do?" Then the 'supervisor' actually hung up on me mid-sentence. October 26th 2016, filed claim. November 11th 2016, tech came out to tell me I need new parts, takes 4-12 weeks. Feb 28th 2017, parts arrived, that's almost 18 weeks later. Now I have to wait another few weeks for someone to show up. The customer service department doesn't seem to understand how bad an experience this is, and when pushed, they respond with, "Nothing we can do." Even asked me what I wanted them to do.

I told the supervisor that they need to uphold their contract with me by going after their suppliers and subcontractors. Don't victimize your customers! That if I did this to my customers, I would not have a business left. Yes, almost 6 months later and my couch is still partially inoperable. My main frustration however, is with Macy's lack of understand of why this is such a bad experience, that they should never tell a frustrated customer, "This is the way it is" then hang up. I wish I have the person's name... call with Macy Home Warranty service, 3/3/2017 4:15 pm PST.

This was a big purchase for my husband and I. We did the research and the saleswoman convinced us that this leather couch plus the 7 year warranty would be a wonderful investment for our young and growing family. It has not been! Very disappointing that our claims appear to fall on deaf ears and that so many of us have been duped! The leather which we bought b/c it was suppose to be better than bonded leather and other materials is now flaking off. We have barely used the couch and I faithfully cleaned and applied the protection that was sold to us as this was an investment for us. Extremely disappointing. We were honest, took care of our furniture and were lied to! Would never buy furniture from Macy's again!

WorryNoMore Warranty Service - I expected the worst when I looked up the reviews online but much to my surprise, it worked out well. There was a snag as the guy never showed up at his scheduled time, but the owner of the business called me the next day and apologized profusely and said he would take time out of his Sunday to personally come clean my leather couch. He communicated well, got the stain out.

I had a Nason bedroom set and a coffee table and end table delivered on February 14, 2017. Apparently solvents were used that gave off fumes which caused my family to become ill. After more than one hour dealing with customer service they have agreed to pick up the furniture for return but will not refund the delivery charges despite the products being defective. Calls to the executive office have not been answered. Very sad that Macy's carries such poor products now.

I purchased a sofa from Macy's for 5,000. I was concerned about purchasing fabric, but was assured I would be covered by the "Worry No More" sofa warranty. Not sure how much it cost, but you only have 15 days to call in a problem or it will not be honored. I didn't know and could not find the receipt, it took me two month to find it. So I have a sofa that has worn out, ripped, recliner broken, console rusted for 5K and warranty not honored because I phone it in 20 days late. I will never shop at Macy's again, and will be sure to tell my friends about this faulty warranty. #macy'snomore! Beware and don't bother with this warranty. It is a joke.

Right after Christmas a spring in the backrest of our couch broke. I went out of town on business several right after this happened. Well when I made the claim it turns being more than 15 days from the time it was damaged to the time I placed the claim. I would like to know why reporting a broken spring within 15 days has any bearing on this type of claim. Anyone that buys furniture from Macy's should think twice and if you do purchase the furniture please forgo the warranty because just like all other warranties there's some loophole that will allow you the company to deny your claim. Total scam.

Wish I could speak with the salesman that me the warrant so I could call him a liar to his face. This is how it goes down you purchase an expensive piece of furniture. Then the play on your emotions telling you that any kind damage is covered no questions ask. I say that's too good to be true and he assures me it's not and then gets some piece of paper out of his pocket with several bullet points and they basically say no worries everything covered manufacturer's defects, kids color on couch. I think you get the picture just lies. I'm sure they figure they won't be still working there when I return. Terrible scam. Never saw this coming always thought Macy's was a store that stood by their products not hardly. This is one customer that will NEVER shop at Macy's again.

Bought a new mattress from Macy's store during sales event, a Beautyrest Keaton Extra Firm. I did extensive research before deciding on this one. But could NOT find reviews from Macy's furniture store until I decide to return it recently. Where all these bad reviews pop up all the sudden? My new mattress was sagging in the middle and feels uneven firmness all throughout. I start to hurt my back after a couple weeks. Called Macy's within 60 days, and Macy's sent a guy to take a look. He measured the contour where it does not have defect and decide there is NO defect, but about the uneven firmness of this mattress. So, I only give an option to return with penalty of $85 restocking fee and a 15% of the purchase price. I'm wondering who is going to get this returned mattress next. Is this SCAM keeps perpetuating to the next guy on and on?

Macy's - Furniture Company Profile