2. Homeowners

Macy's - Furniture

3.5/5 (295 ratings)

About Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's - Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: July 16, 2021

I have never had such a poor experience ordering furniture. On Memorial Day I went to Macy’s and found a mattress which I purchased for delivery on July 24th. I got a receipt that had the delivery written in bold letters and even circled. I called my bank to authorize the transfer and saw the money leave my account. A month later I received an email from Macy’s stating that I had not authorized the payment. I thought it was strange but authorized it again anyways since the original transaction disappeared from my account. Once again I saw the money leave my account and got a confirmation email with the delivery date as July 24th.

A few weeks later I received another call that I had not authorized my transaction and that the soonest they could deliver my mattress was August 2nd. The people that I spoke to on the phone about the issue lacked knowledge and were very rude. They could not even guarantee that this issue would not happen again in the future and insisted that I had made a mistake even though I had plenty of proof that I had not. Needless to say I canceled my order and WILL NOT be shopping at Macy’s Furniture in the future!

Original review: July 8, 2021

I bought a leather recliner sofa set 5 years ago and also purchased 7-year WorryNoMore plan. About two months ago, one of the recliners was broken. With my busy schedule, I submitted my claim online after a month it occurred. Then it was denied because I submitted my claim after 15 days it occurred!! I wasn’t aware of the 15 days rule. They said is shown on the rules’ and regulation document. WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD READ THE DOCUMENT THAT CONTAINS 100 THOUSAND TINY CHARACTERS AFTER PURCHASING A WARRANTY!!! This plan is almost like a scam. Consumer activists should sue Macy’s and WorryNoMore Plan. I would NEVER EVER buy anything from Macy’s furniture.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I purchased a warranty from Macy's for a $6000 sofa. I filed a claim over 3 months ago and the warranty company is stringing me along. They denied claim at 1st. Then I insisted a representative come inspect sofa. No resolution and no idea when they will fix sofa.

Original review: June 28, 2021

As part of our outdoor dining set, a mechanism broke off that kept the umbrella straight. Without the mechanism, the umbrella is tilted and leaning on the chairs. It's not functional. I create a claim asking to have this repaired or replaced. They can't repair it, don't offer me a new one, and instead offer $150 (for a $600 umbrella). What kind of a warranty is this? What good is that? I could have spent the $300 the warranty cost to buy another umbrella elsewhere.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I bought a sofa set from Macy's back in 2016 and Worry-No-More (WNM) policy to have a peace of mind about potential stain or markers my kids would make. We never had any incidents for years and just recently when we moved to our new home and working and learning remotely, we has used the set more frequently.

I discovered some markers and probably liquid marking but could not remove those with the WNM kit they provided. I filed the claim and was denied because of several reasons:
    1. out of time frame: I just made a guess it was around 16-30 days and was told has to be within 15 days.
    2. we were abusing the sofa. I did not understand what they meant by "abuse". We use it for seating; did they mean we seat too much on them?
    3. We did not take necessary step to prevent incidents. Based on what was told, I should have covered the sofas whenever my kids are around and doing something. Why did I buy the policy when I need to worry that much? Why did I buy the sofas and cover it the whole time because the sofas are in our great room and my kids are always playing around the room.

4. We did not maintain the sofas as recommended. I clean the sofas very often.

What do they mean by WORRY NO MORE? A complete cheat! For this reason, I will never shop at Macy's again. A goodbye from a Platinum member.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Ordered a sectional and it was delayed 4 times which may have been understandable due to Covid but could not get an answer from customer service about possible delivery dates. Finally came in and the had the wrong address for delivery. Called to correct that twice. Email confirmation still had the wrong address including city. Called again. Told them County rd V. They repeated Tony rd B. Spelled it for them again and they got the City wrong spelled. Lodi they spelled it Logy.

Finally over 5 months after I ordered it the delivery date came but believe it or not they had the wrong address. New delivery date delivery truck got lost. Had to navigate them to the house which wasn’t easy because of a language barrier. The guys couldn’t get it in the door so they were going to take it back???? I helped them remove packaging and we got it in. Minus the ottoman of course it did not come with the rest of the sectional. Please I’m begging you. Go anywhere but Macy’s for your furniture. Sit on the floor and keep your sanity.

Original review: June 15, 2021

We bought warranty on our dining table. After five years I try to claim for my voucher. I been calling since June and every time I call they give me different # to call and even calling five-six different places still I didn’t get my money back cause I’m two days over my 90 days. The problem was nobody told me to log on the website (worry no more) and fill out the form. First person told me I’ll receive a voucher through email after waiting 2-3 days, nothing. I called five different places today and now I’m over two days but I still didn’t get what I needed. I have a family, I can’t spend all day staying on the phone. Being on hold for 15-20 minutes and no help, this is my experience. I’m not happy with their service at all and will not buy any furniture again from them.

Original review: May 8, 2021

Make sure you contact them about your delivery status. I was waiting all day for Macy's to deliver my bed, only to find out they canceled all deliveries for the day. Where they do that at? Someone from customer service should have contacted me letting me know, but I had to call them. Macy's has the worst delivery service ever.

Original review: May 4, 2021

Buy a couch during Presidents' Day sale and no mention of couches being delayed by months because who would buy one then? It has now been two months and still lying but they're still selling the same couch with no mention of delays.

Original review: April 11, 2021

I purchased a sectional in early January for a delivery date of mid-February. It is now April - two months passed the promised delivery date and I still don’t have my sectional. I decided to purchase this sectional instead of another at Macy’s because of the earlier delivery date. Clearly, I was wrong. The same sectional I’ve purchased is still advertised for a 6 week delivery window, so does that mean orders placed after mine will be completed first??? At Macy’s you’re just told lies to trick you into purchasing sofas with falsely advertised/promised delivery expectations.

After repeatedly following up for an update, I was told I may receive it in May and was asked what I wanted to do at this point. After having waited this long after getting rid of my sofa in anticipation for the sectional in February, I wouldn’t want to have to cancel my order, but I still haven’t been provided with a delivery date months later. It is unbelievable how the order has been this delayed. Who knows if I’ll ever receive my order.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information