Macy's - Furniture
3.09/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Macy's - Furniture

561 Macy's - Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 17, 2019

Purchased beautiful leather couch & loveseat just as the store switched to Macy's. Told we had a lifetime warranty. Both the couch & loveseat broke down & we were told they could not find the paperwork & would not even try to find their records to make the purchase right. The pieces stayed good about 5 years.

Original review: April 16, 2019

Please read this before buying. I spent $320 extra on a Cleaning package Warranty they offer from a company called WorryNoMore. The warranty clearly states they will come out and fix any accidental stain anytime for 7 years. I have done every stain myself for 5 years. I called to make a claim for some soda spilling and finally they respond with they won’t come clean the stain because the couch looks like there are other stains from being 5 years so they will not come fix the one stain. I’m not asking them to clean my couches. Even if I did I paid a lot for this service but no just asked for the one stain. They said they can’t help me because the couch has other wear from being 5 years old. The point is they try at all cost to not let you use this service. I talked to 3 supervisors there and looks like they are there to try at all cost to not help the service you paid for. I could have bought another loveseat or chair instead of this offer service.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 7, 2019

We bought a $4000 mattress in 2017. Two years later it sagged. Handle ripped. We have a 10 years warranty on it. We filed a claim. They send a technician. He did some kind of measurement and conclude is not sagging enough. He also notes customer abuse so now is out warranty. Never Macy's again. I can't wait the day I see them out business.

Original review: April 1, 2019

Couch 1 purchased custom order beginning of November 2018, set to deliver mid January 2019 due to renovations. Couch came in the wrong color. Took 30 mins, 2 customer service calls, a call to our sales lady and the delivery guys getting involved to figure out what to do with the couch- can we keep it while we wait for the correct one? Apperently a difficult question to answer. Kept it, get a call from sales lady saying the color we picked was discontinued a couple weeks before it was delivered. Got that sorted, replacement couch came in the correct color yesterday, 3/30/19. I had to call the store to see if it's ready to be scheduled for delivery because I did not get a notification. Couch came. No tags and the end piece doesn't fit properly to the rest of the couch. There is a gap between where the pieces connect and you can see the wall through the cushions of the couch.

Couch 2 was ordered in the beginning of December. Waited at the warehouse for 3 weeks before it was unloaded and we could schedule delivery, which was at the end of February. 8-10 weeks? Yeah right. Guys delivered the couch and as they were unwrapping the legs I noticed a missing piece which the driver just covered back up hoping we wouldn't notice. He went as far as sticking a felt piece over where the foot should have been. I took it off and asked him why he's doing that if there is a piece missing and got the deer in headlights stare. So yet another Saturday wasted waiting for a time window delivery of a metal foot piece. (I asked if It was difficult to install or if they can just ship it and was told it's difficult and better to have someone come do it. They came, slid the piece in, didn't even use a hammer to knock it into place. WASTE OF TIME. If it happens to you just get it shipped.)

On top of that, I never got my first bill but got a past due phone call. When I finally received a bill there was a 27% interest charge. We had gotten 2 year interest free financing. Idiots all around except for our amazing sales lady who helped us through it all. She was just as pissed about everything as we were. I like the couches. I have the customer service and how you have to fight for the things you paid for.

Original review: March 30, 2019

Purchased a mattress from Macy's on March 9, 2019. They set a delivery date for 20 days later, March 29, 2019. Figured it was a long wait but went with it. Delivery date comes and we clean out our room waiting for mattress. They call an hour before & tell us they needed to postpone till April 1. No explanation, nothing. Rude customer service. Nope. Sorry not going to work - went back to the store canceled the order. What a horrible experience. Never again buying furniture from Macy's.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: March 26, 2019

Our original order was made online with a salesperson. She got it wrong even after review. So one set had to be returned, took 2 mo for the refund. The full set mattress a Sealy Plush Resort sagged in a couple weeks & was returned & exchanged. We waited all day for the delivery & then called at 6 pm to say the truck broke down. It was then delivered 2 days later. When questioned when the refund of the return would be made Macy's said we did not return ours! They would check with the warehouse! This took weeks & weeks. We called several times & a manager said she would refund our exchange. It has been 4 weeks & still no refund! NEVER shop for mattresses at Macy's!!! Poor customer service!

Original review: March 21, 2019

Purchased an expensive sectional and the 7 year Worry No More plan in 2015. Had issues with the spring popping and had a claim made. The repairman arrived a month later after stating special clips were needed for the repair. He never used those clips and pointed out many areas that need repairs. I informed Worry No More of this and they just closed my case.

Well their repair broke again and I'm trying to make a claim for fixing their repair and the other issues pointed out by their repairman (3rd party) and they will not repair it, claiming I never reported it and are using my report that states the issues I'm trying to claim. They state it was reported too long after being noticed and that I reported it, by looking at my report done a day after the service. I must take them to court now and we have 3 years left on the Worry No More warranty. The manager hung up on me. Overall, DO NOT EVER GET WORRY NO MORE WARRANTY. THEIR ONLY GOAL IS TO REFUSE CLAIMS. See them in court.

Original review: March 19, 2019

Macy's furniture is a scam I was told that I had 90 days to return a mattress if it was too firm well the mattress end up being too firm. When I went back into the store I would have to pay 85 delivery in a 15% restocking fee. Okay so when I got ready to do that I was also told that I would have to read buy the mattress for $1,300 and then will be credit for $800. What a scam. Please inform your customers ahead of time. If they decide to get a second mattress that they would have to buy the mattress again upfront and then will credit portion of their money. What a scam. I will never buy nothing from Macy's ever again.

Original review: March 18, 2019

My father purchased an expensive dining room set from Macy's back in 2016. When he went to purchase it, the saleswoman talked extremely highly of the Worry No More protection plan and said that if there is any issue with the furniture or if any damages happened, all he would have to do is call and they would fix the issue. Of course he purchased this plan. The saleswoman said it was for 7 years but in actuality we find out it’s only for 5 years when we have two years left now.

Fast forward to current time and damages have occurred to the table. We went back to Macy's to find out more information and we get the 1800 number. After applying all information including videos and pictures to the app, two days later we find out they are refusing to service the table. Apparently you have only 15 days to submit a claim once the damages have occurred. No one told my father this when he purchased the plan. So now Macy's and Worry No More is refusing to fix the issue. Highly recommend DO NOT purchase the warranty plan. It’s a scam and useless.

Original review: March 12, 2019

Macy's... you have TERRIBLE customer service sometimes! After speaking with a sweet lady about my new furniture order, I was transferred and spent a half hour on the phone with the Worrynomore coordinator department this morning, trying to find out where my warranty claim for our current couch was at...since no one ever reached out after repeated attempts from me. After your associate blamed me for never receiving our couch cushions, it was revealed that Worrynomore sent them to the wrong address, after NEVER contacting me about anything!

When I originally called, the company sent a representative out to my current (correct) address, investigated, and made a claim for my broken frame on the chaise and our frayed cushions. Worrynomore CANCELLED that claim unbeknownst to me, made a different claim for only our cushions under the wrong address, and never confirmed anything with either Macy's or me. I've been a Platinum cardholder for years and I've NEVER had an associate refuse to escalate like they did today and blame me for something that was out of my control. I would try to contact your warranty department again through email or phone but I know nothing will get done - so maybe you'll pay attention if I act like a complete BRAT publicly on Facebook! WASTE of $300 on a warranty! Meanwhile I'll just sit on my broken couch!!!

Original review: March 1, 2019

I had the worst service from this company. They are a complete scam, typical of warranty services sold with high-priced items. I basically negated the supposed sale price of the mattress buying this false warranty. Their "claim process" consists of submitting pictures online and a description of the incident. In spite of reading and following the claim process exactly, my claim was denied next day without anyone examining the mattress stains in person. The company's response was that my pictures showed general soiling which is not covered. My description of the incident was pet stains and my pictures showed just that. Shame on them and Macy's for selling a service they never intended to fulfill. Beware of any extended warranty plan, especially when located in Florida, scam central.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

Be certain to read the offer carefully and mark your calendar for 7 years to the future if you choose to purchase this scam because you only have 90 days after that date to receive your Great Give Back. It's easy to lose track of time and I missed it by 90 days due to a death in the family. Other things took precedence and I didn't make note of the 90 day window to file. NO, I would never purchase this protection plan and consider it poor business practice as I would imagine they rarely ever need to satisfy the Great Give Back offer.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

Purchased a 7 year protection plan for a recliner 4 years ago for $168.00. The frame cracked, the company gave me a choice of a $135 credit or full credit in an exchange. Macy's major inventory will not exchange this chair for anything that is a "Super Buy" or any chair that ships direct from the manufacturer which is 90 or 95% of the chairs that they sell. Macy's appears to be going the same way as many other retailers. After this transaction I am finished with Macy's.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

We purchased a leather couch and love seat from Macy’s two months ago. The cushion that is used the most has collapsed to the point of me bottoming out when I sit on it. They sent an inspector to my house and claimed it is wear and tear. $2500 for furniture that collapsed in two months and that is wear and tear. I weigh 165 pounds and managed to completely collapse a cushion in two months. When I stated it is a quality issue and that I wanted to select another set from them and return the bad one I was read the same script four different times that returns have to be made in three days from purchase. Issues like mine don’t show up in three days! My request was denied because I didn’t call in three days. Don’t buy from Macy’s if you want to be treated right.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2019

Drivers went to the wrong address. Never called me, this was Saturday. After waiting all day for the delivery I called and they had the audacity. Today I called and changed the address and I now had to wait 48 hrs to reschedule a delivery. This furniture is for my grandparents that are 84 yrs old and I had donated their furniture earlier that day, now they didn’t have where to sit. I called customer service today and the lady advise she would schedule for the furniture to be delivered today and I was going to get a call 2 hrs before the delivery. I happened to look at my email and see that the delivery was scheduled for 2 days from today, I could not believe it. Once again they lied to me.

I now called the customer service department and she tells me that I am wrong and they could have not said it was going to be deliver today, she told me it was a he said she said and I was wrong. This is incredible, she was insinuating I was lying. Requested to speak with a manager and he advised there was nothing he could do. The earliest would be 2 days from today. I requested to speak to a director or someone in upper management and after going back and forth I was finally given the name of a director. I know nothing will be done but someone needs to know how horrible the service is and the inconvenience they have caused my grandparents. I just won’t let this go.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2019

I purchased a recliner from Macy's in San Jose, CA and purchased the worry no more plan. My chair got a tear in the seat and the power button stopped working. Worry no more said they could repair it so I waited and waited and waited for them to handle this. Finally I was told the parts were no longer available and I was given the choice of a store refund good for a purchase at Macy’s or a return of the money that was paid for worry no more.

I unfortunately asked for the refund so I could buy another couch...found out much later that the purchase had to be in the San Jose store. I would first have to pay for the item then wait for the refund. I thought that I could order another chair online but not so. Since I could not get to San Jose I am without a chair or any settlement of my claim... I should have asked for the return of the money. I know I will never deal with Macy’s or worry no more again. I was told so many different stories from so many different people every time I called. I would not wish this on anyone.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

Reading these reviews, I totally concur with their views and experiences. I purchased a sectional couch in 2015 and filed a claim a year later because of a bent frame on the power recliner. Someone came out and told me I would get a replacement part. Whenever I called, I was told the part was back ordered. I misplaced the receipt, etc, and found it again this past November.

After numerous phone calls with both Macy's and the Warranty Co, I found out the reason for why my original claim wasn't fulfilled - there was a disagreement as to whether or not the manufacturer or warranty people would cover it. I was NEVER informed of this. Anyway, WNM people agreed to reopen the claim and check on my couch, which now also had another piece that would sink on one side when I sat down.

The technician told me I would get a new cushion and new part. Not so, according to WNM - they claimed the damage was normal wear & tear. A 3-yr old sectional that is hardly used? What a scam! The only reason I bought the warranty was because I know from others that power recliners can often fail. What a waste of $$$! I will NEVER buy furniture from Macy's again (no wonder their stores are closing - such horrible customer service and shoddy practices). WorryNoMore? - yeah right - totally making me worry why I trusted them. A $458 learning mistake!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I purchased a dining room set along with a sectional. The dining room chairs are very uncomfortable. I can almost feel the boards on the chair when I sit. Anyhow my table had scuffs on it. I made a claim. The technician came out Saturday. Well as of today I got a letter from them rejecting my claim to repair my table and even get me new chairs. Is this how you treat people after they buy your warranty? I wish I could take legal action in a class action lawsuit. This is crud to me. Anyone interested email me at **.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

I purchased a couch in 2016 and was talked into buying the WorryNoMore protection plan (was actually specifically told that if a child ruined the couch it would be covered). 2 years later in 2108 around Christmas time I had my family over and 2 of the children while unattended drew on the couch, and one ripped a few holes in it with a toy car. I was actually relieved that I purchased the WorryNoMore protection. I called to submit a claim on December 27th. I heard nothing until January 4th when I decided call and check on my claim. I was told I would hear back in 1-3 days, in fact I heard back in 4 minutes!!! THEY REJECTED THE CLAIM!

I called and explained the situation to the representative who seemed to understand and told me "Please ask me to speak to a supervisor" so I did. When the supervisor picked up he told me that the 4 year old child did this on purpose and it was not an accident. He asked if an Alzheimer patient did this would it be an accident??? I explained to him that YES this would be an accident as these patients do not have capacity! He was incredibly rude!!! I am not sure how to resolve this but I will be contacting the Better Business Bureau, Macy's, possibly the local news such as 7 on your side, and the authorities. This seems to be a HUGE scam.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I placed an online order through Macys.com on November 22, 2018. I received the loveseat about a week and a half later and that is when the nightmare started. The loveseat came without the metal frame. I called customer service and they said that the manufacturer would send me the missing piece right away. I had to call back three separate times because I had not heard from anybody. They kept telling me to wait. Finally, I get an email with a call tag number, apparently I needed to return the entire sofa; they were not going to send me the missing piece after all!

At this point I had thrown away the box because the sofa was sitting in my living room for two weeks and I was assured I would get the missing piece. I had to go buy a box for the sofa to ship it. On 12/18/18 I get a shipping confirmation from UPS that they had received the returned item. I have spent way too much time on the phone trying to get answers and I still don't have a refund (1/3/19). Finally, I was told by Macy's own customer service rep that they would never order from Macy's online, Quick Ship because the item is being sold from a vendor and not Macy's. The lack of transparency from ordering through Macy's online and the lack of communication and knowledge from Macy's reps has made this the most terrible shopping experience of my life. WARNING: DO NOT ORDER FURNITURE FROM MACY'S QUICK SHIP! Save yourself the stress and anxiety.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I bought furniture from Macy’s. The sales rep convinced me to purchase Macy’s “WorryNoMore” Protection Plan for $218. I was told that if I don’t file a claim for seven years, I would be issued a voucher, for the amount paid for the original plan, to be used for purchases at Macy’s. After seven years I received the voucher as promised. The problem is that the voucher is so restrictive that it makes it difficult to use. For example, on their website (**) it indicated that the voucher can only be used to purchase furniture, bedding, or area rugs. However, Macy’s defines bedding as just mattresses. The voucher also cannot be used for any ‘Quick Ship’ items. Most of Macy’s furniture is now designated as ‘Quick Ship’.

I believe the “WorryNoMore” program borders on being a scam. The voucher is virtually worthless. Additionally, when I phoned Macy’s customer service to ask some questions about the program, I was transferred four times. The regular phone reps knew little about this program. The supervisor that I was finally connected to, interrupted me repeatedly. He would not let me finish my questions. He was actually rude. I have been a Macy’s shopper for years, but as of today I will never shop at Macy’s again.

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We bought furniture, and paid for their “Worrynomore” Protection Plan 5 years ago. Macy’s told us that if we don’t use the plan then we would get our money back, with interest, in a Macy’s voucher. We did not use it so we filed to get the voucher they promised. We received the voucher alright. WHAT A SCAM and they DO NOT TELL YOU upfront that THE VOUCHER IS ONLY FOR IN STORE only, and only good for furniture. So if they do not have it in the store, no you cannot order it direct online, nor have it ordered to the store.

If they do have what you want in the store, then you have to pay another $100 for delivery, no store pickup. No, the associates do not tell you this. It states on their “Worrynomore” webpage: See associate for details. So if your associate withholds that info, like ours did, and they all do, you do not find out until 5 years after the purchase. This NEEDS TO BE SPELLED OUT RIGHT ON THEIR WEBPAGE. AWFUL. DO NOT GET THE PLAN!!! It is simply another SCAM by Macy's!!!

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

Promised would get back to me - twice- did not. I had to call again. "No notations shown," the customer "service" rep said - no kidding!! They stonewall and lie. All that was after the technician who inspected the mattress, and told me it was indented 2 inches... When I called a third time I was told the technician reported 1 inch, thus it's a complete stonewall lie. This new mattress now is like a hammock when I arise, I swear, I have to propel myself out of bed each morning!! I'm reporting this on another complaint boards.

Original review: Dec. 16, 2018

$10000 Furniture BROKEN within the first week! How is Macy's and Uniters Warranty Company (Worry No More) allowed to continue conducting business in this fraudulent manner? Upon delivery, I left a message with my sales rep asking her to pick up the furniture. She called a week later stating that the furniture needed to be picked up within the first 3 days if not it would not be able to be returned and instead it would be repaired. Are you kidding? On my way to my attorney!

Original review: Dec. 9, 2018

If you buy Macy's furniture online and want to return it, be prepared to spend hours on the phone, first waiting forever on the phone before speaking with clueless customer service reps. After placing an online order for two chairs, I cancelled the order within two days and was told by a customer service rep that the chairs had not yet been shipped. However, to my surprise, they still arrived four days later. I immediately called Macy's customer service and that was when my ordeal began. What seems to be a simple procedure, such as receiving return labels for UPS, took five phone calls and hours of wasted time on the phone. The two return labels, which were supposed to be emailed to me within 24-48 hours did finally arrive almost three weeks later after I twice escalated the issue to a managerial level. Unfortunately, there is no email or chat service available for more efficient and better documented customer service...

Furthermore, nobody at Macy's could explain to me why the same chair came back to me a month later. This UPS delivery was more than unanticipated, it was absolutely shocking! So, here my saga continued with another four phone calls to Macy's requesting again and again a return label for this merchandise. Would you call it "a series of unfortunate events" or just pure stupidity, which again caused me hours of wasted time?

Through my entire ordeal, I was given a number of different excuses about a new computer program used by Macy's, problems with irresponsible vendors, or simply no explanation why my requests for return labels were documented incorrectly or were not documented at all! Reps there could not read, write or simply spell my email address. In general, they are absolutely useless, they give bogus information and simply don't care--what customer disservice and an absolute nightmare-- shame on Macy's!!!

Original review: Dec. 5, 2018

I have shopped Macy's for decades, including rugs and furniture. In the past, Macy's backed its products. I purchased a high end leather sectional sofa 4 years ago. Light use, older people, etc. the SPRINGS popped out and the button tufts separated. It is a high priced item. Bought a warranty as well that does not cover this. We feel highly misled and cheated. The Customer Service rep was supposed to give us $500 on our account for our trouble - never evened that. We want the item repaired or replaced and the navigation to get help is strewn with barriers. What an offending and horrible experience. Sadly, I have other furniture purchased and worry. PLEASE help us if anyone reads this. Both quality of product AND customer service are awful.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

We bought furniture, and paid for their Worrynomore Protection Plan 7 years ago. We did not use it so we filed to get the voucher they promised. We received it alright. WHAT A JOKE and they DO NOT TELL YOU upfront that THE VOUCHER IS ONLY FOR IN STORE only. So if they do not have it in the store, no you cannot order it direct online, nor have it ordered to the store. No, the associates do not tell you that, it states on their Worrynomore webpage: See associate for details. So if your associate withholds that info, you do not find out until after. This NEEDS TO BE SPELLED OUT RIGHT ON THEIR WEBPAGE. AWFUL. DO NOT GET THE PLAN. It is simply another scam by Macy's.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2018

In April of 2015 we purchased 4 dinette chairs for a seldom used dining table. About six month ago a guest was sitting on a chair when the front leg bolts tore out of the frame, and the chair collapsed. Thankfully she wasn't seriously hurt. We chalked it up to a defective chair. However, on Thanksgiving day, a guest was seated on one of the three remaining chairs, and when he bent over to retrieve his napkin, a front leg collapsed, and our guest fell to the floor.

This time there was a 9 inch sharply pointed sliver of shattered wood that tore into his pants and badly scratched his leg. It could have just as easily could have penetrated upper leg, or even an artery! Thankfully did not. I contacted Macy's, but was unable to talk to a human. Their automated system and their "chat" were useless. Wasted a lot of time describing the situation, just to get a message back saying they couldn't help with the problem. These cheaply-made products are seriously dangerous, and should be pulled off the market!

Original review: Nov. 11, 2018

I am writing a review of how we are being treated with the Macy's No Worry furniture warranty. We bought furniture from Macy's a couple of times and have been very happy. We bought some furniture July of 2017. We were talked into the warranty. We bought it due to pets. They told us what was covered which included stains, tears, discoloration, etc. When we went to file a claim, they denied us. They said scrapes were not included in the warranty. Ok, scrape, scratch and tears are the same thing to me. We also had some discoloration/stain. They said we did not file within the time frame, but our warranty is not up until 2022. I will be contacting headquarters.

I did look at the reviews of this so called warranty, and the reviews are horrible and many are saying it is a scam. I talked to a person who use to sell furniture and they said it was a scam. So guess I will find someone to repair it for me. So disappointed in Macy's Furniture. I was planning to buy a guest bedroom set from them. Well not anymore. It is so sad you can't get what you paid for! It would probably have only cost them 50 to 100 to repair. We paid them 4500 for the furniture plus 500 for the scam warranty. :( I am giving them zero stars for the warranty.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Macy's 'Worry No More Protection Plan' for their couches is TERRIBLE! Avoid it at all costs. They won't cover anything and they'll take about 4 weeks to tell you that. It's a total rip off. And the couch I purchased through Macy's didn't hold up either. All in all, I will NEVER purchase furniture through Macy's again.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information