Macy's - Furniture
3.10/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Macy's - Furniture

560 Macy's - Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 8, 2017

Ordered a new couch and coffee table from Macy's. When delivered, men could barely speak English and did not have the tools to put the coffee table together. Fortunately, I had tools and had to explain how to put the table together. They had no idea how to do it. Macy's said they had a 'white glove' checklist that the delivery men were suppose to provide. AFTER the furniture was delivered and set up, they provided me with a copy of the checklist. Out of 10-12 items they were suppose to do, they did only two! Terrible delivery. Ordered another table and was told it would be delivered on a certain day between a 2 hour window. It came well after the two hours and again the person could barely speak English. Could not assemble the second table because he did not have the tools with him. I had to provide the tools and show him how to do it. Unbelievable. Nice furniture, but TERRIBLE delivery! I will never buy furniture from Macy's in the future.

Original review: July 5, 2017

I called worrynomore today because I had discoloration stain that on my wood dining table that occurred over the weekend. I stated that I did not know what caused the discoloration. The rep denied my claim saying that only stains from spills are covered, but because I said I don't know what caused my stain, it is denied and she cannot edit my claim once it's denied. Moreover, she said I won't be able to use my warranty for anything else unless I pay their recommended person to fix this stain first. This makes no sense and is absolutely a scam.

Original review: July 4, 2017

Purchased a swivel rocker from Macy's. After careful examination we saw many uncorrectable issues with the chair. One arm was actually 1" higher than the other. The cording was recessed in areas and not in others. These are not issues you would associate normally with a $1000 item. They sent an inspector. He agreed with everything we showed him but the report he filed claimed no manufacturer's defect. After speaking with a rep, they agreed to send a second inspector. I showed him with a carpenter's level the issue. I even put it on the floor to show that the floor was level. When he filed his report he said he saw nothing wrong. I have instructed Macy's to pick up the chair as soon as possible.

Original review: June 21, 2017

My bed was dipping in several areas (I'm 120 lbs and only sleep on this particular mattress 2 months out of the year because it's a second home). A technician came and said it was only dipping 1 inch (below the threshold for repair). I spoke to Macy's customer service in details (for collectively 2 hrs unfortunately) but long story short, with the help of customer service they are refunding me $2500 for old mattress and letting me pick out another replacement this week. Hopefully this works out well, but the customer service call went well (minus the time involved).

Original review: June 21, 2017

Save your money. Do not purchase any warranty service from Macy's. The Worry No More Warranty is a rip off. This company will try every which way to deny your claim. The people are trained to use a play on words to make sure that your claim is denied. It's disgusting really. They give customers a false sense of security thinking their furniture is protected! My leather is basically just coming off my sectional and even though the warranty clearly states that it covers the peeling/cracking leather they called it fading and denied it. This is with the ultimate plan which I paid $600 for. What a waste of money!!! DO NOT GIVE THESE THIEVES ANY MORE MONEY!!! Shame on Macy's for hiring them, for this is truly a reflection on Macy's. I'm disgusted.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: June 13, 2017

Purchased a outdoor sectional with Sunbrella cushion. Purchased the warranty and when making a claim they denied it. They wouldn't cover sun damaged on Sunbrella cushions. What a waste of money! Should have reviewed it first. I see a lot of unhappy customers. Macy's is messing up big time with this. Unfortunately all I can do now is let people know how bad they are and not shop there anymore. I lost once. Won't catch me again.

Original review: June 7, 2017

I am very upset at Macy's. My fiancé and I were debating over a fabric or leather couch while shopping at Macy's and the salesperson convinced us into buying the fabric couch and said that we should never worry as we are covered on accidental damages on the couch for 7 years. We agreed to spend the $3500 on the couch and then another several hundred dollars on the extended warranty. We recently had a leak from our ceiling which caused a stain on the couch that could not be removed so we called in to file a claim and was immediately denied stating that the damage was not an accident caused by me but it was caused by the air conditioner. I'm appalled and do not know what to do in this situation.

There are nearly 500 complaints here. Can we finally move forward to a class action lawsuit against both Worry No More and Macy's furniture store? It is ridiculous that they are still in business when they clearly do not cover what's stated in their pamphlet and expect for more transparency from a big name like Macy's. I'm utterly disgusted and am permanently scarred for future shopping experiences.

Original review: June 4, 2017

Today was the second attempt to deliver furniture worth over $4000, which came damaged again. I specifically told the agent to have the warehouse inspect the items before bringing them to my house and she assured me they would. I spent my afternoon during the window time frame to wait for the delivery. What a waste of time. The items were obviously not inspected. To make matters worse, the pieces are not available again for 4 months! The representative offered me $50, which is completely insulting. Now I have to deal with ANOTHER delivery and live without bedroom furniture for 4 months. This company is ridiculous and to charge over $4000 for damaged items is a scam. I will never buy furniture from Macy's again.

Original review: May 1, 2017

In Feb 2016 I bought a set of bed for my son. A year later, the box broke without any reason. I called Macy's, and sent a technician who could not fix it. It was agreed that I would buy a new game of bed and they would give me the credit of the amount I paid at first. Today (05/01/2017) 41 days after delivering the new mattress, this again broke. Bad quality, poor service, and very expensive price. I regret buying it. Full set for 740.00. For this price I would definitely buy a high quality set. Second and last time I buy macy's. I advise you that you are looking for a mattress to buy, look elsewhere... anywhere is much better than macy's.

Original review: April 18, 2017

Had Macy's come out to look at a sagging cushion and they ordered a replacement cushion only to be told by the manufacturer that they couldn't fulfill this request (no reason given). The WorryNoMore tech came out, spent about 3 minutes looking at the loveseat and now I get a notice from them that this is normal wear and tear -- after 2 1/2 years of ownership and only about 10 months of actually using the piece?? Such a waste of money, why spend big $$ for "quality" furniture at Macy's and then cover it with a warranty that I was told would cover almost anything? Lesson learned but what an expensive lesson it was, very disappointed in Macy's!

Original review: April 14, 2017

United Warranty who Macy's uses for their warranty on furniture is the absolute worst with service and execution. I ordered two broken parts 1/2/17 and still no parts or follow up. Shame on Macy's for using such a horrible company. I will never buy anything from Macy's ever again!

Original review: April 14, 2017

While shopping for a couch, my husband and I fell in love with this white couch. But we were very reluctant to get it considering we have a three-year-old boy and we had a baby girl on the way. The salesperson convinced me to buy this warranty stating that I didn't have to worry about the kids ruining the couch because the Worry No More program would cover it. If I really like the couch, to buy it with the program and I wouldn't have to worry anymore for the next seven years. I was convinced, what an amazing program! Yea right...

A few months later, which is the present, my son spilled juice on the couch. I take pictures and send in the claim. They send a technician out to look at the stain and take pictures. The next day, today, I received an email from the warranty company saying that they are not going to cover the stain because it's an accumulation of stains. It's two stains that occurred in a single time because of spilled juice from a sippy cup. Do not get this warranty. Use my experience and others people's experience as Proof that this warranty is crap.

Original review: March 29, 2017

I have called about a sofa that the recliner doesn't work and they do not accept the claim. They are a scam. I'm disgusted with their long phone wait and then they come back and say "Sorry your claim is not accepted." I'm very disappointed with Macy's. I will never buy from Macy's again. I should get my money back on this protection plan from Macy's if they are not going to fix the problem. I called a year ago when the recliner periodically didn't work, and then later the recliner started working again. The recliner stopped working again yesterday. I called today and they again declined to fix the problem. Saying I need to get a technician to check the recliner. What good is the 7 year protection plan and why do they sell it to make free money?

Original review: March 27, 2017

We bought our teen son a bedroom set that is now a year and a half old and paid over $5,000 for it! Here we are with still a new set and the ledge that supports the slats broke in half! Our son is not a bad jumper nor is he overweight! When I called Macy's they offered absolutely no recourse, not even an apology! I am on a rampage to get my issue remedied as we paid too much for a bed that is clearly shoddy in its construction!!! Macy's look out!!

Original review: March 17, 2017

We purchased a sofa sectional and recliner from Macy's furniture store in Fort Lauderdale, FL the beginning of February. One month later and there is still no delivery date scheduled for the furniture. They say it won't even arrive at their warehouse until the middle or end of April! Hopefully we can have it delivered before June!!! Where else can you drop over $4,000 and not receive the merchandise for several months after! I really wish the saleslady would have shared this possibility with us prior to purchase! Instead she insisted the pieces would be in the warehouse and a delivery date set by mid March. It's now mid March and I have neither! DO NOT buy from here unless you are ready to wait 3-6 months for it and ready to make several calls to find out what's going on every step of the way!!!! Purchased from Fort Lauderdale store on Federal Hwy.

Original review: March 4, 2017

Purchased the 'warranty' plan from Macy's after buying some furniture. Recently had a claim from back in October 2016 that still hasn't been resolved. When I called to complain today (3/3/2017) their response was, "What can I do? What do you want me to do?" Then the 'supervisor' actually hung up on me mid-sentence. October 26th 2016, filed claim. November 11th 2016, tech came out to tell me I need new parts, takes 4-12 weeks. Feb 28th 2017, parts arrived, that's almost 18 weeks later. Now I have to wait another few weeks for someone to show up. The customer service department doesn't seem to understand how bad an experience this is, and when pushed, they respond with, "Nothing we can do." Even asked me what I wanted them to do.

I told the supervisor that they need to uphold their contract with me by going after their suppliers and subcontractors. Don't victimize your customers! That if I did this to my customers, I would not have a business left. Yes, almost 6 months later and my couch is still partially inoperable. My main frustration however, is with Macy's lack of understand of why this is such a bad experience, that they should never tell a frustrated customer, "This is the way it is" then hang up. I wish I have the person's name... call with Macy Home Warranty service, 3/3/2017 4:15 pm PST.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

This was a big purchase for my husband and I. We did the research and the saleswoman convinced us that this leather couch plus the 7 year warranty would be a wonderful investment for our young and growing family. It has not been! Very disappointing that our claims appear to fall on deaf ears and that so many of us have been duped! The leather which we bought b/c it was suppose to be better than bonded leather and other materials is now flaking off. We have barely used the couch and I faithfully cleaned and applied the protection that was sold to us as this was an investment for us. Extremely disappointing. We were honest, took care of our furniture and were lied to! Would never buy furniture from Macy's again!

Original review: Feb. 27, 2017

WorryNoMore Warranty Service - I expected the worst when I looked up the reviews online but much to my surprise, it worked out well. There was a snag as the guy never showed up at his scheduled time, but the owner of the business called me the next day and apologized profusely and said he would take time out of his Sunday to personally come clean my leather couch. He communicated well, got the stain out.

Original review: Feb. 21, 2017

I had a Nason bedroom set and a coffee table and end table delivered on February 14, 2017. Apparently solvents were used that gave off fumes which caused my family to become ill. After more than one hour dealing with customer service they have agreed to pick up the furniture for return but will not refund the delivery charges despite the products being defective. Calls to the executive office have not been answered. Very sad that Macy's carries such poor products now.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2017

I purchased a sofa from Macy's for 5,000. I was concerned about purchasing fabric, but was assured I would be covered by the "Worry No More" sofa warranty. Not sure how much it cost, but you only have 15 days to call in a problem or it will not be honored. I didn't know and could not find the receipt, it took me two month to find it. So I have a sofa that has worn out, ripped, recliner broken, console rusted for 5K and warranty not honored because I phone it in 20 days late. I will never shop at Macy's again, and will be sure to tell my friends about this faulty warranty. #macy'snomore! Beware and don't bother with this warranty. It is a joke.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2017

Right after Christmas a spring in the backrest of our couch broke. I went out of town on business several right after this happened. Well when I made the claim it turns being more than 15 days from the time it was damaged to the time I placed the claim. I would like to know why reporting a broken spring within 15 days has any bearing on this type of claim. Anyone that buys furniture from Macy's should think twice and if you do purchase the furniture please forgo the warranty because just like all other warranties there's some loophole that will allow you the company to deny your claim. Total scam.

Wish I could speak with the salesman that me the warrant so I could call him a liar to his face. This is how it goes down you purchase an expensive piece of furniture. Then the play on your emotions telling you that any kind damage is covered no questions ask. I say that's too good to be true and he assures me it's not and then gets some piece of paper out of his pocket with several bullet points and they basically say no worries everything covered manufacturer's defects, kids color on couch. I think you get the picture just lies. I'm sure they figure they won't be still working there when I return. Terrible scam. Never saw this coming always thought Macy's was a store that stood by their products not hardly. This is one customer that will NEVER shop at Macy's again.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2017

Bought a new mattress from Macy's store during sales event, a Beautyrest Keaton Extra Firm. I did extensive research before deciding on this one. But could NOT find reviews from Macy's furniture store until I decide to return it recently. Where all these bad reviews pop up all the sudden? My new mattress was sagging in the middle and feels uneven firmness all throughout. I start to hurt my back after a couple weeks. Called Macy's within 60 days, and Macy's sent a guy to take a look. He measured the contour where it does not have defect and decide there is NO defect, but about the uneven firmness of this mattress. So, I only give an option to return with penalty of $85 restocking fee and a 15% of the purchase price. I'm wondering who is going to get this returned mattress next. Is this SCAM keeps perpetuating to the next guy on and on?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2017

I purchased two couches from Macy's in 2013. I also purchased the premium worrynomore protection plan to cover the furniture. I made a claim in 2015 for structural damage to the couches and table. It took over a week and a lot of arguing with the "customer service" department at worrynomore to establish that I did in fact have the premium policies. They denied my claim several times and it became obvious to me that their employees are trained to deny claims at all cost. Once I finally got the claim approved it then took weeks for me to get the service people to come address the issues with the couches. I spent countless hours of my time dealing with rude and difficult people to get what I had paid for.

I just made a second claim for the couches. The same structural problem has reoccurred. I was initially told that I did not have the premium coverage. I argued that that was incorrect. The worrynomore customer service department then told me that they were mistaken and I did have the premium coverage. But, they were denying my claim because I said it was normal wear and tear. I never said that it was normal wear and tear. The agent I spoke to kept asking me "so the damage is just caused by normal wear and tear, right?" I told him that the damage was noticeable within the past 2 weeks and I am not sure what the cause is. I asked to speak with a supervisor who hung up on me twice, was incredibly rude and difficult. I called back and asked for another supervisor who hung up on me again. Once I reconnected with her she told me I didn't have the premium coverage and that the last agent was mistaken.

This process is more than aggravating and it is clear that the worrynomore company is training its agents to deny claims inappropriately and at all costs. They make the claims process so difficult that people just give up. I'm appalled by their behavior and firmly believe that they are violating California law with their business practices.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2017

Never buy furniture from Macy's. The sales person mislead about what was covered. Our section, which was costly is sagging and the warranty company will not cover the problem. Stephanie in Macy's Florida customer call center told me furniture typically only last 5 years. (Next time save money and buy at a cheaper place and save money.) She also wouldn't listen and was extremely unhelpful. NEVER BUY FROM MACY'S.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

We bought our sectional couch from Macy's in 2012. They convinced us to purchase the warranty coverage and said that if anything goes wrong in 7 years, they send someone right out to fix it. We had zero claims in 6 years. Two weeks ago one of the brackets that connects the armchair and the armless chair broke off. Additionally, the back pillow has a huge piece of plastic coming through the fabric. I called to make a claim today and was told that they don't cover that kind of stuff because it is considered "accidental". When I asked what is covered, I was told if I had accidentally set fire to the couch and it was damaged - "that sort of stuff". What a complete scam. Don't waste your money on this "warranty".

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

We paid a premium price for an inlaid wooden desk to be the focal point for our home office. It arrived with a drawer broken off the glide and has never worked. It is made of such cheap material that it scratches and nicks at the slightest touch - our office chair has rubbed against it on occasion and you'd think it's been a chew toy for an angry Siberian tiger. The worst investment that we've made since the 90's. I'll never shop at Macy's again and I advise that you don't either.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

My wife and I purchased a VERY expensive Daren Leather Reclining Sectional Sofa with 3 Power Recliners from Macy's to include the Worrynomore Coverage in case of any issues with the Leather Sectional. So to no surprise and being ping ponged back and forth between Macy's Furniture Department and the Worrynomore group, we were told that the additional coverage for the sectional did not cover the leather dye coming off the couch. The plan was to cover the sectional for 7 yrs. Sectional is not even 2 yrs old. I have wasted more hours than I can even fathom. So here I am writing a review to other potential buyers. Do Not buy from Macy's and if you still choose to the Worrynomore Protection Warranty is a RIP-OFF!!! I will not be buying from Macy's anymore to include shopping with them. I can take my business elsewhere.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2017

Before I called I read these reviews but I was hoping it won't be the same in my case. Guess I was so wrong. I bought an expensive sofa from Macy's Springfield NJ location just three years ago. I paid almost $500 for the worry no more coverage. I noticed my two seats were sunken badly and called them. After 25 minutes on the phone and collecting lots of info the rep comes back and tells me the sinking issue is not covered. I told them the leather on one seat is franking as well which I was told it's not covered as well. I asked for the refund of the warranty and was told to call Macy's for that as well. For some reason I love Macy's furniture style so can't promise won't buy their furniture anymore but for sure will never buy their insurance plans. TOO SHAMEFUL FOR A BIG RETAILER LIKE MACY'S TO HAVE THIS KIND OF FRAUD WITH ITS LOYAL CUSTOMERS.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2017

False Advertising! I purchased a "worrynomore" protection from Macy's back on 4-16-2009 and if you didn't file a claim within 7 years I would have a $375.00 Macy's Credit. I think worrynomore is a separate entity of Macy's, but the furniture specialist sold me this, so I hold Macy's responsible. I even have this guy's business card. I wonder if he still works at Macy's. I kept everything they gave me as I was skeptical about their claims.

Well now they are saying "you have to call within 90 days at the 7 year mark (by July 16 2016)." There is no verbiage that states this 90 days limit and it is convenient for the person on the phone to say there such a thing or actually read it to me. Why is there a limit, because they know no one will remember or too many were collecting their credit.

I would have remembered because now I am livid as I have been waiting for the day to collect my store credit and they moved the goal post. Don't buy anything from Macy's! Especially this protection agreement. Maybe the name the protection agreement should be "rememberyouwillnot." I am cancelling my Macy's card that I have had since 1998 and never shopping here again. I will tell everyone I know and hopefully they do the same.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2017

Bought a 7 piece leather sectional in late 2015 from Roseville Ca. Macy's. Salesperson said it could be a few months before getting the couch because of time of season and back orders. We were fine with time period because we liked the model in the store and were willing to wait. Delivery service called 3 months later and date of arrival was finally scheduled. Couch showed up and crew was bringing in 1 section at a time. No boot covers or putting anything down on our new wood floors. (Ok). Unwrapping the pieces some were discolored, wasn't even a close match. Crew finally got all pieces in living room and realized there were two of the same corner pieces and one recliner was missing.

We waited another month and finally got all the correct pieces. We have had Macy's out twice since then to repair one of the pieces. Unit is still broken and now they don't want to warranty the issue because when asked how long we have noticed the issue we told them about 30 days, they say they won't fix it because we're suppose to call within 15 days. We will see what they say in small claims. Please do not buy any furniture or any product from Macy's. Hard to believe a company in business for that long won't stand behind their product.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information