2. Homeowners

Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture
Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Macy's - Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's - Furniture?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: Nov. 22, 2019

I am very disappointed in Macy's as a return furniture customer. I purchased a sectional and the worry no more insurance...well you should worry if you need to use the insurance as they make sure nothing is covered. Worry no more sent out a tech who told us the location of the hole in my sofa would not be repairable based on the location which means it would have to be replaced under the policy. The next thing I I know I was receiving a letter from the insurance company indicating my claim was denied due to accumulation. This is completely opposite of what was shared during the onsite visit by the service technician.

I feel like I was ripped off by Macys and Worry no more protection!! I will never buy from Macy's again or purchase the worry no more coverage. The holes should have been repaired and the discoloring on the sofa is an issue as well for what I paid. I wish there was a no star rating!! I would definitely support a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2019

DO NOT BUY FROM MACY'S FURNITURE. It is a waste of time, energy and peace of mind to order from Macy's furniture! I ordered a dining room set that they assured me would fully be in stock on October 20th. I needed this for Thanksgiving. Four phone calls later and having numerous lies told to me, I get an email on November 7th stating that my order is expected to arrive 1/14/2020! Are they serious? After being strung along and lied to for 3 weeks I spoke with a "supervisor" and cancelled my order. I should have heeded all the bad reviews I read about Macy's furniture and never ordered in the first place. Please take the advice of all the reviews that have been written and stay away from Macy's Furniture.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2019

Shop elsewhere. My husband purchased a couch from Macy’s - and it has been nothing but awful. The purchase was made on October 5 - First sign we should've have taken our money elsewhere - they stated they couldn’t take two forms of payment and said we would need to purchase $2200 in gift cards and the remaining on Macy’s credit. After being on the phone with Macy’s for HOURS my husband finally gave in and purchased the sectional. When he was going to buy the sectional online - it listed the product was in stock and the delivery would be in two weeks. Then after dealing with them online and the phone, and making the transaction customer service stated - sorry - now it’s out of stock and delivery will be scheduled for 11/5. 2nd sign we should have just asked for our money back.

Fast forward to today 11/2 - I call to check the status and was told that the order will actually not be in Macy’s warehouse until 11/20 and the delivery will be scheduled at that time. Strike 3. I’m sure it will be December before our couches arrive. Ridiculous. Shop elsewhere. I’m hoping my husband just cancels everything and we take our money elsewhere. Bet we would have something new to sit on in a week.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

I purchased furniture (which according to their website was in stock) from Macy's. I have now had receipt of the furniture at their warehouse pushed back 3 separate times. Every week I call for an update and every week I received the info that the delivery date to their warehouse will be the following week. Word to the wise, do not purchase furniture from Macy's if you think because their website says it is in stock that you will receive the furniture in a timely manner. There is a very high probability that receipt of the "in stock" furniture will be pushed out over and over again. $2500 and they can't even be bothered to update me on the status of the furniture or give me an accurate date of when it will even be in my city let alone my living room. I will never purchase anything from Macy's again.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2019

DO NOT BUY!!!! They will not cover what it says they will (in my option). I have to say that because they could sue me HA HA. What I had was a kitchen table and set of chairs. You guessed it. Had a damage to one of the seats and they denied it. Try to get refund and after 2 years they only gave me $100 of my $500 back.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2019

We purchased a sectional sofa from Macy's. We were given a two hour window by the delivery people. They did contact us and gave us a new two hour window because they were running late. We were given a checklist of things they would do when bringing in our furniture. They did NOT put out carpet, or floor protectors or wear show protectors before entering our home like the list says they will do. They discussed the set up location for our sectional, but when I asked for a different configuration they said that wasn't possible. My husband and I did rearrange it the way I wanted and It WAS Possible. They did not wipe down the merchandise or discuss anything with me. I felt these two men were in a big hurry to leave, as evidently they were running late. The younger man, Hector, was willing to do some adjusting, but Javier said it couldn't be done. I was very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

We spent around $4,000 on a sectional sofa and an additional $500 for the WORRYNOMORE extended warranty. The sales person convinced us that we need not worry with the warranty and that stains were covered. When we did have a stain and called the warranty company, they denied the claim. I then tried to buy new cushions for my sofa and Macy's sent their technician to my house. He said that the stains should have been covered and put me on the phone with a Macy's representative who could not have been less helpful. She said she could not help and transferred me to the WORRYNOMORE warranty people who said there was nothing they could do. Do not be fooled and buy this warranty. Once the sale is in, they are not helpful at all.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2019

I ordered a bed from Macy's and set the date when I moving into the apartment; but the bed didn't come; I have tried to schedule it 4 times every time they charge my credit card with additional full amount and driver even doesn't call. I had to make my 2 years old sleep without bed on Mattress for 2 weeks; thanks for Macy's team for that.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I have ordered and purchased so many sofas and furniture over the years but this experience has been by far the worst I’ve ever had to deal with. First off, I ordered this sofa back in May 2018. It was not delivered until the end of July. Then when it was delivered the pillows were damaged and had stains from the delivery drivers and their dirty hands. So not sure what kind of white glove service I was paying for. The delivery guy and myself called customer service to have both pillows replaced. They assured me my pillows would be sent out soon. I had to call another three times to see where my pillows were considering it was the end of August by then. The lady said she would ship them out ASAP. But I thought this was already taken care of?!?!

Come September I finally get pillows, but they were the same color as my sofa. So I had to call back once again to tell them they made a mistake and I needed the pillows that match my sofa. They assured me they would put a rush order because at this point I was beyond annoyed. We are now in the beginning of October and I call once again and the woman says “They are suppose to be shipped out today”. Really?!?! Well let’s hope so lady because this has become a nightmare. I will NEVER buy any furniture from Macy’s again!!!

Original review: Oct. 7, 2019

I purchased a bedroom set from Macy's Furniture store for my son in Oct 2014; and purchased the Worry No More warranty service. Five months later in March 2015 the bed frame slats broke, I submit a claim (# **) and they come out to "fix" the bed. Later in Dec 2016, the dresser drawers come apart (track system), I submit a claim (# **) and they come out to fix the drawer. In March 2016, Feb 2018, Aug 2019, and Sep 2019, I had to call Macy's to come out and fix the same problem--broken bed slats and frame support. Claim #s ** respectively.

In August 2019, it took over a month to get a technician out to fix the bed and as a result we had to put the mattress on the floor. My son had to sleep on a floor due a defective product. I advised Macy's of situation, and that I no longer wanted to deal with this defective bed I paid my hard earned money for, and asked that we get a replacement. The customer service rep I spoke with advised that they fully understood and that Macy's would honor this request. Only for them to go back on their word, and said they would not replace and that a technician would come out and fix. In Sep 2019, the technician finally came out to "fix" the bed and within an hour of him "fixing" it BROKE AGAIN!!! I contact Macy's to advise them of how highly disappointed I am at this point, which ultimately fell on deaf ears, as I just received notice that I technician will be in contact with him to repair.

Let's be clear Macy's, there is no repairing of a defective product/bed. Please do the right thing and honor my request for a replacement. I'm frustrated that it has taken this long to remedy this problem. I will never purchase another item from Macy's furniture store, nor Macy's for that matter; and will advise anyone I know to not purchase. They do not value their customers. It is evident in how they handled this issue. I'm highly disappointed. I expected better.

Original review: Oct. 3, 2019

Purchased Sanibel Bedroom set for my daughter. Confirmed via phone with salesperson that order would be placed following morning. Was advised it would not be for another month until the furniture was available. This was about mid August. I called salesperson about beginning of September and was advised that he forgot to place the order. They would honor the sale price originally quoted but the order was not going to be shipped until Mid October to late October and available shortly after that assuming beginning of November. My 12 year old daughter loved the set and was willing to wait.

Toward the end of September I phoned customer service and was informed that there were 6 of the storage beds in the warehouse, but not the other items. This was great as we had purchased a mattress from Sit and Sleep and we were fine just having the storage bed and wait on the other items. The storage bed was scheduled for delivery and arrived when said but there was a piece that had a crack in it and the color appeared much darker than what we had seen as the sample at Macy's. The bed was returned and delivery scheduled another bed in replacement.

This bed arrived and as I read another review the hardware was absent. The staff who delivered the bed were professional. They contacted the shipping department and placed a representative on the phone who apologized for the item and assured me another crew would follow up the following day with the hardware and assemble the bed. I took him at his word and had the delivery people place the large shipping boxes in my daughter's room. I wanted to give Macy's the benefit of the situation and did not want to make extra work for them. I never received any communication the following day. No follow up from anyone and no delivery information via email. I did not get the name and title of the representative I spoke to the prior day.

I called customer service who called the facility where the goods originated from and I was advised that there was no record of anybody scheduled to follow up. I felt like an idiot for attempting to be a decent person and allowing the delivery team to leave the shipping boxes in my daughter's room where they sit today. My daughter is displaced out of her room.

It is now 72 hours and NOBODY from the delivery department or shipping has contacted me to explain or provide any update. The sales manager has apologized and is embarrassed at how the situation is being addressed but cannot do anything to rectify the situation. I cannot comment on the quality of the items as they have not been assembled. What I can comment on is the terrible way this situation has been handled by Macy's and Macy's delivery department and would strongly warn those purchasing furniture items at Macy's to think twice as Macy's definitely drops the ball when it comes to getting what you ordered.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2019

Spent $3,000 on a couch and over $300 for the insurance that I was assured would cover stains, pet damage, etc. “Just don’t poke a hole in it with scissors, but if you do say it was the pet.” ‘Lo and behold, my pet urinated on a cushion and when I file a claim to have a technician come out (like they said they would when I purchased the insurance), they send me cleaning product I could buy at the store for $10. Don’t fall for it. Just buy the furniture and forego the insurance. I hope there is a class action lawsuit.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

If your 7 year warranty is not used you have 90 days to redeem for store credit. This is up to the consumer. If you don’t redeem they keep your 500.00. Rip off. Thieves. Don’t waste your hard earned money on ANY insurance plan from this company as you will be disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2019

Terrible warranty service! Each time my claim is denied because something isn’t covered each time when all I am requesting is a simple cleaning of the sectional couch I spent hundreds of dollars on! Seems Macy's is just pushing a product that does not work and the customer is paying the price for it. Overall will be my last furniture purchase I make at Macy’s! Too bad you have to select one star when zero is more accurate.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2019

My wife and I bought a new sofa set from Macy’s. Loved it and feel it is very good quality. The salesman who works with my wife who works in another department guaranteed her with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY BY THE SOULS OF HIS CHILDREN that Macy’s will honor any claim and that the warranty is legit and as good as it gets. I was skeptical because I know most of these warranties with furniture and electronic companies are BS and come with so many hidden disclaimers and fine print.

So we told the salesman that our dog can have accidents and that if he does we will just clean it ourselves. He said not to worry. Buy the warranty and they will definitely service the soil stain. He said he can assure us that it won’t be a problem. Again I was willing to just not get the warranty and clean any spills myself. My dog ends up lightly pissing on the sofa. We call and put in a claim. They denied it saying they don’t honor general soils. The warranty is truly BS. I plan on filing a class action lawsuit against Macy’s soon. Going to be contacting my lawyer. With all the complaints I am reading about we definitely will have a solid case.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

So I am finding out today just like every other post on here the warranty service is a complete lie. Put in a claim for the seams of my couch coming apart. Spent over $2k for this furniture and it's only 3 months old. Was told it will take 12 weeks for a new couch cover to be sent to me....cover...wth is that? Then told they can send a technician to come help me fix the issue once it arrives. After reading the reviews it seems like I'm going to have to shell out extra money for this technician. Again, how does one replace the fabric cover of a couch? Macy's needs to stop pushing this warranty service and make better quality products. I will no longer shop at this store and am very disappointed. My advice, shop elsewhere and don't waste your money at Macy's.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2019

After reading numerous reviews I realized I should have read them before I took this protection. We spent over 300 on three pieces of furniture. Essentially what we got was 3 boxes of cleaner, which has not lasted the 7 years of the warranty. First call - hole in back of leather chair. Technician came and said this was not covered--was a structure issue, not covered. I made no attempts for several years, during which time I lost two buttons from pillows, numerous stains unable to be removed by the cleaner. When I put in a claim, I did not know it had to happen essentially YESTERDAY, (although I am sure they would have found a reason not to cover that either!

The message I got back on the website said "It happened too long ago"! I thought the warranty covered continuously, but apparently not. We had other, non damage issues which Macy's did not handle well themselves. Needless to say I will take my furniture business elsewhere. "Worry No More" is a big big moneymaker for Macy's and the vendor and totally misrepresents itself. Worry no More, Macy's . You lost me.

Original review: Aug. 10, 2019

I bought a rug from Macy's and was offered warranty from WORRYNOMORE; little that I know this company is nothing but a scam. After I found stains on the rug from my son birthday party, I contacted WORRYNOMORE to contacted to file a claim, was told they were going to send a carpet cleaner to clean the stains. After numerous try the stains were not coming off, they finally told me the warranty would not cover it because it was an accumulation of stains which was not true. I still can believe Macy’s still selling these garbage warranties.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I purchased sofa sectional from Macy’s in Novato and the Salesperson at that time sold us the 7 years Warranty saying that this is the best policy, as if we don’t use the warranty in 7 years. They will refund the full insurance premium we paid & we don’t have to do anything. Today I called Macy’s and found out something totally different. They are now saying my warranty expired in January this year & I was supposed to call them within 90 days of my policy expiring which I didn’t do so they cannot give me any refund. Macy’s Sales people never told me anything like that I have to call them within 90 days after 7 years.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2019

Purchased a leather sectional couch from Macy's a few years back. Macy's was a delight to work with, and my wife and I love the couch. The couch has been great, but as of recent had an issue with a spring busting inside one of the sections of the couch. Spoke with Macy's regarding the warranty, and was directed to the Worry No More Warranty service who is a third-party vendor who is supposed to cover the repairs for your Macy's furniture when purchasing the extended warranty.

Well, I filed the claim for the issue which is supposed to be covered under the warranty that I have for 7 years following my purchase, and of course they tell me the claim cannot be covered. They did however tell me they can send a technician out to fix the couch at my own expense. The whole service is a complete Sham! Now that I have had this experience I have looked up the company to see nothing, but reviews just like this stating dissatisfaction for the warranty service. Wish this would have been displayed at the Macy's counter before I threw away an additional $1,000 to have my couch covered for 7 years.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I purchased a worry no more warranty on my couches, it's taken 5 months for them to process my claim, then they sent the wrong couches then when they went to send the right ones they only sent 2 of the three pieces that need to be replaced and told me I need to make a separate claim on the third piece even though it was already included in the first claim. I have spent more than 4 hours of my time and a day off of work trying to handle this. This service is designed so that the process is onerous that you don't make a claim. I do not suggest buying furniture here or buying this warranty. I hope that ConsumerAffairs can get involved and get this resolved right away.

Original review: July 27, 2019

I bought two mattresses and a box spring at the University Town Center, FL Macy's. TWICE the wrong box spring was delivered. The truck brought wrong a box spring each time and then I had to wait a week after each delivery. Who is checking the order? In addition, Macy's attempted to charge my credit card twice (which caused my card to get frozen). This is the worst customer experience I have ever had. I will never buy anything from Macy's again. Absolutely incompetency! Finally, after calling customer service, I was told I could not speak to the supervisor. Really...??? Look elsewhere. You can find the same price or better.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I purchased the worry no more warranty. Macy's uses Uniters warranty and they are Fraudulent company - you have to email them pictures. They keep on giving you the runaround and try and ignore the claim - when you contact them they tell you they have not received the photos. I had to send it to them 10x and had to continually call the company. The outdoor furniture had some stains that were covered by the warranty - someone eventually came out but refused to get all the stains out as they said I did not say how many chairs so they said they would only try and clean 3 - there were 5.

They could not get the stains out and according to the warranty they are to replace with matching pieces - they will not do this. The person they sent to clean the stains was also useless. Such a bad company. Do not buy from Macy's as they really do not care about the consumer and don't care that they are selling a fraudulent warranty - unfortunately I did not go online and read before I purchased from Macy's. Buyer beware of Macy's and the products they sell.

Original review: July 7, 2019

The Worry No More warranty provided by Macy's furniture department is not worth the cost. The salesperson will tell you that any damage due to tears, spills, stains or areas that wear improperly are covered. Our leather sofa with recliners started cracking at the seams just at the edge of the cushion. After the technician came and inspected the cracks he said that they could repair it. Two weeks later we get an email saying our claim was denied due to improper maintenance.

Section 11 of the "Ultimate" Protection Plan outlines 28 line items that are not covered under the plan one of which is cracking of leather. Macy's sells this plan and the buyer accepts it with the understanding that your furniture will be covered and repaired due to most all damages. Don't be fooled. This is a worthless plan and Macy's should stop convincing people to buy it!

Original review: July 5, 2019

Purchased expensive dining set to have delivered 6/29/2019 just in time for family gathering on 4th of July. Table arrived later than scheduled and incomplete (missing hardware). Scheduled new delivery date (7/5/19) but they were not willing to work with my work schedule. I could not leave work early and miss pay. It became too stressful trying to figure out how I would possibly make it in time so I canceled the whole order. I will never shop with Macy's again. The service was terrible and they did nothing to try to make their mistake right. My next step is to cancel my Macy's charge card account.

Original review: July 3, 2019

Purchased extended warranty for a reclining sectional. The frame broke and I went through the process of filing the claim thinking I wouldn't have an issues like the salesperson said when selling the sectional. Extremely disappointed to see claim denied. Called the Macy’s store twice with no return call from management. What a ripoff. Zero stars would be more appropriate.

Original review: June 17, 2019

We wanted to purchase a mattress brand we had in the past and had a positive experience with. We saw Macy's carried it. This was a first time ever purchasing a mattress/box spring from Macy's. But never again!! From the beginning the sales information was vague. We were up-sold an adjustable base of which we cancelled immediately only to hear they couldn't just adjust the sale order. They had to cancel the sale & start all over. Our moving date also changed adding an additional 10 days to our delivery date. We were told our Sealy mattress was being made especially for us, ha, I'm not sure how true that is. When we finally received the mattress it had a toxic smell to it. The delivery guys were in & out in 5 minutes...it quickly went downhill from there. I texted them within a half hour to come back & get the merchandise. I now had a horrible headache from the smell. They didn't answer or respond.

I called Kenneth, the salesperson we dealt with, he said that it's not the material. It's the adhesive and the smell would dissipate and be gone in a few days. Others had also complained of this before. I knew better & said no I couldn't trust that it would. It's not a new smell issue, it's a toxic smell, please cancel this & return our money & old set and get this toxic set out of our home. Customer service stated this was not the first mattress with this problem. The truck drivers said this was the second mattress just this week with this same problem.

In speaking with customer service, specifically Jonathan, LaFrieda and Tracey, I heard nothing but excuses and apologizes that I had a bad experience...not that Macy's new way of doing business caused it!! Originally we were told we could get our old mattress back but when they came to take the toxic set away they did not have our old set with them. Then we were told no we couldn't get the setback, it had been disposed of. So yesterday we went to a local mattress store purchased a new set and it would be delivered tomorrow. Today we received a call to schedule a delivery time for our old set!! Unbelievable.

I will never do business with Macy's again, I don't think they are a quality store anymore. I'm 60 years old and have purchased many mattresses and have never experienced a toxic smell or a three week delivery time without a finished sale in place & ready to sleep on. We went in prepared with the type and model of a mattress and thought it was going to be an easy purchase...it was everything but easy. So in a nutshell, don't shop for a mattress at Macy's and make sure any mattress you buy is a CertiPUR-US mattress or an organic/naturally made mattress unless you don't have a sense of smell or care about breathing toxic fumes or spending time & money in a store that doesn't care if they lose you as a customer or not. It could have all been so simple.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Zero. The mattress is practically new. Maybe bought in October. It is horrible. Sinks totally on one side. Supposed to be firm, not at all. The box spring supports cracked right through the wood. We just this week bought lumber and drilled it on the cracked wood. I am about 125 pounds. Worst bed and box spring, didn’t last a year. We did buy from the outlet store, but it’s about our third one. Watch out, Macy’s mattress in Tampa called and gave me 30.00 credit a few months ago. That was before we discovered yesterday the whole wood frame cracked when we looked under the box spring cover, since the bed felt totally unsafe, and it was!

Original review: June 10, 2019

We purchased a sectional from Macy’s. It was delivered on February 24. Two days later I called to report a bad smell. I was told it’s been in the warehouse. Just needs to air out. On day five started to break out with a rash. It took me two weeks to realize it was the sectional!! Called again. Got no help. Waited a week. Called again, still no help. Not their problem. Now my husband has the rash. WORRYNOMORE Protection Plan is a joke! They don’t care. Not their problem we are allergic to the fabric (how do they know it’s the fabric). Finally said they would credit us half of the price. However not give us back the whole $334 we paid for the protection plan. Told me to sell it to someone else.

Original review: May 23, 2019

We didn’t $1600 in a couch. This was an online purchase. Delivery was fine. After 4 months the cushions have lost the firmness and we cannot sit on the cushions anymore. Called customer service. They sent a technician to repair it. They said there is nothing wrong with it and it’s built to specifications. We are stuck with a couch that we cannot use.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information