Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture

3.8/5 (496 ratings)

About Macy's - Furniture

Macy's - Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's - Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Macy's?

Original review: March 9, 2022

If I could give zero stars, I would. I purchased an entire bedroom set at the end of November and was told by the Sales Associate that everything was in stock and would be expected for delivery in January. Come January, customer service notified me and said the order was NOT in stock and that the furniture was expected to arrive to the warehouse in February. Another notification a couple weeks later came through extending to March, then yet another extending to April.

Out of nowhere, Macy's contacts me in February saying the whole set magically appeared in the warehouse and was ready to be delivered. The set was delivered to my home damaged. The delivery driver took pictures and sent away to Macy's to initiate the exchange process, however I was not notified the process was initiated and had to contact customer service myself.

A week later, a new delivery driver shows up to swap out the damaged product with the new one. He called upon arrival and refused to deliver my furniture as my walkway was not shoveled. There was a light dusting of snow on the ground and posed no issues. I asked if I could hurry up and sweep the walkaway to which he replied "I don't have time to wait around for you and have other stops." I proceeded to run outside and shovel my walkway immediately as the two delivery drivers were still parked outside. As I was done in less than 1 minute and clearly pointed to them that the walkway was clear, they drove away and did not deliver my furniture.

Macy's credited me $80 for my "inconvenience" and doesn't have a definite time to provide me as to when my furniture will be re-delivered. There is also no statement on Macy's website or sales check information that states your walkway must be cleared prior to delivery. Perhaps Macy's should review their White Glove Delivery Commitment policy. The delivery drivers are outsourced so it's not even a real Macy's employee. They are simply LAZY! Never buy a piece of furniture from Macy's. They will give you the run around and just take your money. Never again will I purchase any item from this trash company.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2022

I ordered a sofa on 9/18/21. Was told it may take up to 6 weeks to receive. Ok, no problem. Then I called on 11/16/21 and was told Order was delayed, called again on 12/7/21 was told it will be in warehouse on 1/19/22. Ok, more delays and was compensated $150. Called again on 1/31/22. They said they should be calling me next week to set up delivery. Ya, moved my old couch to make room. Compensated $200. Well, as you can guess, no delivery. Called today 2/17/22 and told same thing, should be scheduling delivery this week. I finally ask for a manager, ya, that was ** too. Manager confirmed that warehouse still has it in a container and there it sits. Macy's is full of it and just hands you a bunch of ** to string you along. Oh, and they cap compensation at 35% of your order. Nice to know. Will never shop there again.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2022

I ordered two bed frames and one mattress and box spring set from Macy's online. The items were listed as in stock, and I paid for White Glove Delivery. The first time my delivery was scheduled, they called the day of and said their truck had broken down. The earliest replacement delivery window wasn't until 7 days later. The second time my delivery was scheduled, the truck arrived but the items they had were not what I ordered. So I had to reschedule the delivery a third time (again, having to wait a week). The third time the truck showed up, again with the incorrect items, except for one, which was the item but clearly was a returned mattress, sloppily repacked and dirty as well. Three strikes and you're out. I had to cancel my order. Shame on you, Macy's.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2022

I purchased a leather couch and loveseat from Macy's about 1 1/2 years ago (the furniture came in December 2020). I never buy extended warranties. But the salesman told me that the warranty covered pet damage - and I was replacing my current couch due to pet damage from several pets over the years. Against my better judgement I let the salesman talk me into buying the coverage.

Fast forward to December 2021, and my current dog damaged the couch - a rip on one of the cushions, claw marks on the top back. I contacted WorryNoMore and submitted everything they asked - pictures and a video. I was told someone would come to my house and repair the damage. The technician came, looked at the couch, took more pictures and then told me "he couldn't repair" the damage. Someone would get back to me.

Sure enough, the claim was denied because "it appears that the reported issue is not explicitly listed in the coverage section of your protection plan. According to the terms and conditions, anything not specifically listed in the COVERAGE section is excluded and, therefore, ineligible for service." If you read the coverage, it's very vague - coverage for accidental stains and/or damage. How is this not covered? I tried appealing, but of course it was denied. This is a scam - don't waste your money!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I purchased a sofa set that is couch & Recliner, along with a WorryNomore warranty. The Recliner has been broken for well over a year now. The tech visited a couple of times and decided it was damaged severely and recommended replacement. Later follow-up stated that this model had been discontinued and Macy's would replace the full set. I visited Macy's store, and they do not have any documentation of the above statement. I have contacted WorryNomore and Macy's store several times now with absolutely no help. (Claim No. **) MEI **.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

Worst customer service ever. Customer service does nothing but lie with every conversation. I talked to them 5 different times and got nothing but lies. Wound up canceling my mattress order. I will never buy anything from Macy’s again and I encourage you to not buy anything either unless you want to get screwed over. My order was supposed to be delivered on 12/22/21, was ordered on 11/26/21 so I had to wait nearly a month to receive my mattress which was ok because my guests were not arriving until New Year's weekend. I was supposed to receive a confirmation email the day before with a small window of time for delivery but never did.

On the 22nd at around 3:30pm I received a text with a tracking link that I was the next delivery. I went to the link and was surprised to see the bubble for my address at the wrong location on the map. I quickly called customer service and talked to someone with extremely broken English and explained the situation. She told me she would correct the tracking map and alert the driver (first lie). This never happened and the delivery did not come. I call customer service right away and told them that tracking showed the delivery truck less than 3 miles from me so could she call the driver and tell them the right address. She said she would. (Second lie) My delivery did not come, now the tracking link has been disabled.

I call customer service again and ask for the drivers number so I can talk to them myself. She said the driver had my number and would call if they could not find me. They did not call (third lie). I called customer service again and asked for the delivery manager’s phone number so I could call him to see about picking my mattress up at their warehouse. She said she could not give me the phone number but would call the delivery manager and have him call me the next day and would call me herself to make sure I received a call from the delivery manager. I received a call from no one. (Fourth lie) I called customer service again and found out my order was now rescheduled to be delivered on1/12/22. Almost 2 months after I ordered it.

I explained how I had company coming in and no mattress for them to sleep on as I got rid of my old mattress after I had confirmation the new mattress was to be delivered on 12/22. (Big mistake on my part) She apologized but said there was nothing she could do. I went out and bought a cheap mat for temporary use and called customer service again to see if they would reduce the price of my mattress since I had to wait so long, go through the aggravation of customer service telling lies, and all my added expenses.

They offered me $75.00! I told them that was not enough, that I had to spend 3 times that for a temporary mattress. They said they were sorry but that was all they could offer. I told them to keep their $75.00 offer and their mattress and canceled the order. I will Never buy anything from Macy’s again. I got online at Sams.com, ordered a better mattress for the same money and I can pick it up on 12/26/21. I don’t care if you save a few bucks at Macy’s. It is not worth the aggravation to order there. Please take my warning and never order anything from Macy’s.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2021

We purchased a beautiful sectional sofa beginning of 2021. Our cat slipped and we ended up with a scratch in the leather. We thought no problem. We have the "worry no more" warranty. Well much to our dismay apparently we did not. It seems that even though our receipt we received when we purchased the sofa showed that we bought it, our sales rep Ted ** had removed it so we no longer had the warranty.

When we contacted Macy's and let them know what had happened and could not understand how or why this would have happened and requested that they honor what our original agreement was despite what they show they had, we were told that WE were the ones that would have cancelled having the warranty. (Did not happen). We were told we would have had an email receipt showing that we had cancelled. We received no such email. Worst customer experience ever. To put the blame on a customer with nothing but a "so sorry" not our issue. We will never purchase anything from them again.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2021

I feel cheated and scammed. I tried claiming the warranty near expiration and they gave me endless run-arounds that I gave up. I then tried to claim the "gift certificate" and they refused to honor it. This is an absolute scam and you should RUN AWAY. Never buying from Macy's again. Horrible.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

Purchased very expensive couch from Macy's Furniture along with warranty. Charger on couch almost caught fire so we called. Macy's said they couldn’t help us BECAUSE we had purchased warranty. Contacted warranty company and after a month sent out a guy in his car with a bunch of used parts tangled up in his trunk. After he couldn’t find a used switch there he said he would order parts. Waited for months (the amount of time stated on their app) then contacted them for update and they said they closed the file because of no contact from us. WHAT? They reopened the claim and again months later still can’t tell us where our parts are. They refuse to keep in contact or really do anything. I think this company is a literal scam and they have no intention of fixing our couch.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2021

I bought a new recliner sofa and warranty from Macy’s that was delivered in January 2019. In early 2021 we started seeing foam on the living room carpet. Investigation showed us a rip under the footrest. We contacted the warranty company who told us the rip was not covered. The “worry No More” contract specifically says fabric was covered. I contacted Macy’s customer service who told me today that the sofa is no longer covered under manufacturer's warranty. The process of trying to get this fixed has taken several months and has resulted in me having to try to get this sofa fixed locally. I will Never purchase another piece of furniture from Macy’s and their warranty is a total waste of money.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2021

Macy's damaged my driveway when they delivered my furniture June 2021. I have gotten nothing but the runaround. They have shoved me off to the delivery driver company and to their insurance company. None of them will answer phone calls or text messages. I have been told that a supervisor would call me back but never did. I was instructed to get an estimate for the driveway repair and submit it to them. I did that June 2021 and still waiting for a supervisor to call me.

I have called Macy’s furniture customer service 8-23-21 seven times and have been disconnected. When Macy’s puts me on hold to speak to a supervisor after 10 or 15 minutes it disconnects the call. I have been called back twice and put back on hold and disconnected again and no return call. This is a large claim and they will not take care of it. I don’t understand why Macy's damages property and will not pay for it. If anyone knows how to help me to get payment for the driveway property damage please let me know. Thank you.

Original review: Aug. 12, 2021

I can't believe the person that came to my home saying he was in my home to look at my mattress and see the stain I was saying the mattress had when they delivered the mattress the first time. The person that came to my home did not had a business card to identify himself, he complaint when I told him to put a shoe covering because of my carpet. He also started complaining when I requested him to wear gloves when he starting handling my personal sheets and bedding. He kept saying I was rude about asking him to wear GLOVES, I told him this was my home and I make the rules. He kept complaining and saying I was rude. I said he was the one being rude because I kept demanding he used gloves. He left and he did not finished his visit or took care of his duties.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2021

I bought warranty on multiple pieces of furniture from Macy's because the salespeople said it was a good idea and I believe in insurance. Don't. Save your money to replace whatever item has been damaged. My couch has the warranty, which includes rips, tears, stains, chips, manufacturer defect, etc. or at least says it does. For the last few months I have had a few major issues pop up with the couch.

1) The down feathers pushed THROUGH the fabric cushions to poke and stab me (manufacturer defect).
2) I spilled V8 staining it and then a month later accidentally spilled mustard as well (stains).
3) My dog had surgery and urinated on the couch because of the accident. (pet)

4) I was carrying a metal grate and accidentally hit the couch causing a rip on the side (rip).

Each of these individually would have been good enough for warranty request under the stated terms from my conversation with Worrynomore. However, because I flipped the cushions and hid the rip behind something all of this damage was just "normal wear and tear". They said that because I did not request the individual issue it all goes to normal life events.

If you have worrynomore then my advice is to document and request EVERYTHING and ANYTHING the moment it happens. If you spill a glass of wine, request the warranty instead of flipping the cushion. If your puppy chews on the legs of the bed, don't just let it go because you want to honor the spirit of the warranty as being for material items that cannot be "hidden or put up with". Macy's does not care about you trying to honor the spirit of warranty and will do everything they can to deny payment. It is a bad experience and a bad deal. People used to ask me about Macy's furniture and I was relatively positive. Not now. It is a horrible experience and a headache.

Original review: July 26, 2021

So sad to be writing this - we used to loved Macy's for furniture. We ordered close to $12,000 worth of furniture in December 2020. Understanding the challenges that faced everyone, we were very accomodating to delivery schedules being severely delayed. I received 2 emails (1st in June, 2nd 7/21) confirming my furniture delivery date is 7/24. Here we are on 7/24, and despite confirmation emails, no furniture. After spending over 1.5 hours on the phone, I learn that my furniture will not be delivered, and an entire couch on my order is suddenly no longer available. How was I not informed of this change in the last 8 months? (FYI - Credit card was charged in full.) Customer Service cannot reach the warehouse, and warehouse isn't notifying me. Supervisors can only place requests to warehouse managers. Frustrated, I wrote an email to the VP of Customer Service. Word of warning to all - avoid Macy's for furniture until they get themselves together.

Original review: July 16, 2021

I have never had such a poor experience ordering furniture. On Memorial Day I went to Macy’s and found a mattress which I purchased for delivery on July 24th. I got a receipt that had the delivery written in bold letters and even circled. I called my bank to authorize the transfer and saw the money leave my account. A month later I received an email from Macy’s stating that I had not authorized the payment. I thought it was strange but authorized it again anyways since the original transaction disappeared from my account. Once again I saw the money leave my account and got a confirmation email with the delivery date as July 24th.

A few weeks later I received another call that I had not authorized my transaction and that the soonest they could deliver my mattress was August 2nd. The people that I spoke to on the phone about the issue lacked knowledge and were very rude. They could not even guarantee that this issue would not happen again in the future and insisted that I had made a mistake even though I had plenty of proof that I had not. Needless to say I canceled my order and WILL NOT be shopping at Macy’s Furniture in the future!

Original review: July 8, 2021

I bought a leather recliner sofa set 5 years ago and also purchased 7-year WorryNoMore plan. About two months ago, one of the recliners was broken. With my busy schedule, I submitted my claim online after a month it occurred. Then it was denied because I submitted my claim after 15 days it occurred!! I wasn’t aware of the 15 days rule. They said is shown on the rules’ and regulation document. WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD READ THE DOCUMENT THAT CONTAINS 100 THOUSAND TINY CHARACTERS AFTER PURCHASING A WARRANTY!!! This plan is almost like a scam. Consumer activists should sue Macy’s and WorryNoMore Plan. I would NEVER EVER buy anything from Macy’s furniture.

Original review: June 28, 2021

I purchased a warranty from Macy's for a $6000 sofa. I filed a claim over 3 months ago and the warranty company is stringing me along. They denied claim at 1st. Then I insisted a representative come inspect sofa. No resolution and no idea when they will fix sofa.

Original review: June 28, 2021

As part of our outdoor dining set, a mechanism broke off that kept the umbrella straight. Without the mechanism, the umbrella is tilted and leaning on the chairs. It's not functional. I create a claim asking to have this repaired or replaced. They can't repair it, don't offer me a new one, and instead offer $150 (for a $600 umbrella). What kind of a warranty is this? What good is that? I could have spent the $300 the warranty cost to buy another umbrella elsewhere.

Original review: June 24, 2021

I bought a sofa set from Macy's back in 2016 and Worry-No-More (WNM) policy to have a peace of mind about potential stain or markers my kids would make. We never had any incidents for years and just recently when we moved to our new home and working and learning remotely, we has used the set more frequently.

I discovered some markers and probably liquid marking but could not remove those with the WNM kit they provided. I filed the claim and was denied because of several reasons:
1. out of time frame: I just made a guess it was around 16-30 days and was told has to be within 15 days.
2. we were abusing the sofa. I did not understand what they meant by "abuse". We use it for seating; did they mean we seat too much on them?
3. We did not take necessary step to prevent incidents. Based on what was told, I should have covered the sofas whenever my kids are around and doing something. Why did I buy the policy when I need to worry that much? Why did I buy the sofas and cover it the whole time because the sofas are in our great room and my kids are always playing around the room.

4. We did not maintain the sofas as recommended. I clean the sofas very often.

What do they mean by WORRY NO MORE? A complete cheat! For this reason, I will never shop at Macy's again. A goodbye from a Platinum member.

Original review: June 21, 2021

Ordered a sectional and it was delayed 4 times which may have been understandable due to Covid but could not get an answer from customer service about possible delivery dates. Finally came in and the had the wrong address for delivery. Called to correct that twice. Email confirmation still had the wrong address including city. Called again. Told them County rd V. They repeated Tony rd B. Spelled it for them again and they got the City wrong spelled. Lodi they spelled it Logy.

Finally over 5 months after I ordered it the delivery date came but believe it or not they had the wrong address. New delivery date delivery truck got lost. Had to navigate them to the house which wasn’t easy because of a language barrier. The guys couldn’t get it in the door so they were going to take it back???? I helped them remove packaging and we got it in. Minus the ottoman of course it did not come with the rest of the sectional. Please I’m begging you. Go anywhere but Macy’s for your furniture. Sit on the floor and keep your sanity.

Original review: June 15, 2021

We bought warranty on our dining table. After five years I try to claim for my voucher. I been calling since June and every time I call they give me different # to call and even calling five-six different places still I didn’t get my money back cause I’m two days over my 90 days. The problem was nobody told me to log on the website (worry no more) and fill out the form. First person told me I’ll receive a voucher through email after waiting 2-3 days, nothing. I called five different places today and now I’m over two days but I still didn’t get what I needed. I have a family, I can’t spend all day staying on the phone. Being on hold for 15-20 minutes and no help, this is my experience. I’m not happy with their service at all and will not buy any furniture again from them.

Original review: May 8, 2021

Make sure you contact them about your delivery status. I was waiting all day for Macy's to deliver my bed, only to find out they canceled all deliveries for the day. Where they do that at? Someone from customer service should have contacted me letting me know, but I had to call them. Macy's has the worst delivery service ever.

Original review: May 4, 2021

Buy a couch during Presidents' Day sale and no mention of couches being delayed by months because who would buy one then? It has now been two months and still lying but they're still selling the same couch with no mention of delays.

Original review: April 11, 2021

I purchased a sectional in early January for a delivery date of mid-February. It is now April - two months passed the promised delivery date and I still don’t have my sectional. I decided to purchase this sectional instead of another at Macy’s because of the earlier delivery date. Clearly, I was wrong. The same sectional I’ve purchased is still advertised for a 6 week delivery window, so does that mean orders placed after mine will be completed first??? At Macy’s you’re just told lies to trick you into purchasing sofas with falsely advertised/promised delivery expectations.

After repeatedly following up for an update, I was told I may receive it in May and was asked what I wanted to do at this point. After having waited this long after getting rid of my sofa in anticipation for the sectional in February, I wouldn’t want to have to cancel my order, but I still haven’t been provided with a delivery date months later. It is unbelievable how the order has been this delayed. Who knows if I’ll ever receive my order.

Original review: April 5, 2021

We moved from San Francisco to Oakley. We decided after shopping several places we would go with Macy's because wife had a good experience with a couch before. First we bought our mattress and support beds at Macy's. The gentleman was very helpful. We then decided to purchase a $5000 couch as well after already spending $6000 on bedding. The mattress and bedding were ok with the exception of them delivering the wrong size supporter for my son's full size bed. We did not receive the right size until 3 weeks later with no follow up email or phone call to let us know they were coming to deliver.

It then gets worse, the lady at the city San Mateo furniture place decides that she has to sell us extra pieces to get a cheaper price but told us when the couch is delivered tell the delivery drivers we no longer needed the extra pieces so we can get refunded. After several phone calls attempting to reach the salesperson I requested to speak to the supervisor since one of the several customer service numbers had no recollection of the purchase order numbers. Furthermore Macy's continued to hold pending charges on our credit card after telling us we won't get charged till the furniture is delivered in March. We waited and we continued to get email that it will come in April, then May, now June.

This is a little snippet of several false promises and horrible customer service. I tend to believe most people will write a review when upset and not happy with the service. In all fairness my wife choice Macy's because of prior experiences. With that being said after spending over 10,000 dollars we will request a refund and will never purchase furniture from Macy's again. I also understand the pandemic has caused an issue with back orders, but the lack of customer service to get a sale and get their commission is very disheartening as we now are without a couch and continue to sit on hardwood at our new HOUSE!!!!

Original review: March 28, 2021

Just about every single mattress store including online offer a 90 day or 120 day guarantee that if you don’t like it they will take it back at no charge! I am a platinum member with Macy’s and the $2000 mattress gave me horrible back pain so after two weeks I called to return it. $99 plus 15% fee. I called I stated that due to the virus you cant test out the bed. They were rude and stated their return policy is posted all over their website... I’m nope! 4 clicks in it does appear but until you have delved into their website you would have absolutely no clue. Slightly deceptive marketing as it is not clear when you purchase or are checking out! Well I did buy another mattress but not at Macy’s! Great way to treat your Platinum members.

Original review: March 10, 2021

Worry No More's cleaning man came by and cleaned only 1 cushion even though 2 cushions had issues and I was advised 3 cushions would be cleaned. My front room doesn't have much light and I had to turn on the overhead light to finally see the cushion and the stains - the other cushion your man never touched or moved even though the stain got on the right cushion and down the side a bit. He said 1 cushion was all he was supposed to clean.?

Why when I purchased a sofa with the Worry No More Warranties warranty - the promises of this fulfilled warranty that included "Pet Stains" - and when I finally called in to report the issue - it's been a complete JOKE. No one can tell me anything and after many calls and finally going into the store I finally got some kind of help - but when your promises of cleaning 3 cushions doesn't happen and the cleaning person refuses - I again have to fight to get the promises completed? Purchases with false promises almost feels like fraud and taking advantage of the elderly by the Worry No More Warranty.

Now I am sitting on hold once again with the Worry No More Warranty - which overall from the get-go I have spent about 4.5 hours from the initial call, going to the store and dealing with more calls and even through emails and then waiting for the man to come out and steam clean 1 cushion, This Warranty is not what I was promised - it's very misleading and I would NEVER recommend it to anyone. At this time I feel it is almost an insult to me to deal with unkept promises - it's either deliver your promises or refund my full amount of what I paid for this Worry No More Warranty. You received pictures of 2 cushions with stains NOT 1. Your reply asap would be recommended.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2021

Purchased not one, But 2 Mattresses at the same time for 2 beds, Easy enough right??? Nope, after I completed transaction, Then I am told they are not in Stock, "OK, How long," "10 Days," OK, I can live with that, 16 days later, I finally get someone on the phone, Not The automated machine!!!! 3 calls later I figured out prompts to get around it, Guy has an attitude, Doesn't try to help in Delivery department, Only tells me that after 16 days, and even though I paid delivery and upfront, It will take another 6 days to get them here, THEY ARE ALL BACKED UP. I should have gone ahead and purchased from any one of the other stores, And Yes I am the highest level of Customer that Macy's has and this is how they treat their good customers, and they wonder why AMAZON is putting them outta business!!!! I dont!!!!

Original review: Feb. 10, 2021

I purchased a 3pc sectional in September 2020. I received the delivery in February 2021 but only got 2 pieces. I called customer service, they sent out an inspector to verify the missing piece. After 4 calls to customer service, I was told it was my fault for not ordering in person or over the phone because I decided I only wanted 2 pieces so that’s how I ordered it? There is no option to custom built these sofas, I clicked quantity (1) for 3pc sectional. After 3 customer service that told me they would take care of it, the fourth rep said I should never order furniture on line and I only ordered two pieces and if I wanted third piece I either needed to pay for it or pay 15% restocking fee and arrange and pay for delivery to them.

Original review: Feb. 2, 2021

Wanted to send a big heads up to anyone buying from Macy's Furniture online. If the company decides their prices are too low they or that they made a mistake in pricing - they will cancel your order with a generic email and will not offer any other discount or to waive delivery fees etc. I was debating between 2 sectionals one at a boutique and one at Macy's. When the Macy's couch went on sale I purchased it online. The next day they confirmed my order. Then this morning they canceled my order saying it was an online pricing error. Now the couch at the boutique is gone and I have no other options. Very upset. This seems like a bait and switch tactic.

Macy's - Furniture Company Information