Find a Mattress Brands partner

2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

3.8/5 (18 ratings)
Find a Mattress Brands partner

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Helix Mattress

Helix is an online mattress company offering a range of hybrid mattresses. Each of its six mattresses comes in a LUXE version. Additional custom mattresses are also available. Helix can ship to anywhere in the US and Canada.

Pros

• Ships to the US and Canada
  • Good edge support
  • 100-night sleep trial
  • Below market prices

Cons

• 30-night break-in period
  • Some off-gassing

Bottom Line

Helix offers dozens of hybrid mattresses with a wide range of firmness levels to please everyone. Edge support is good, and prices are fair for these breathable, durable mattresses.

Top Helix Mattress Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

I never knew a mattress to hold up for so long as this brand. It was such a firm and long lasting mattress. Padding layers were very nice. I had one in the past where they became ...

Verified

10 suggested offers from our partners.

Our favorite mattress companies of 2021

Shop Now

About Helix mattresses

Helix offers six basic models: the Sunset, Midnight, Twilight, Moonlight, Dusk and Dawn. All hybrid mattresses provide a wide range of firmness levels and are affordably priced. These same models have a LUXE version that is thicker and more comfortable but more expensive. Additional specialty mattresses include the Nightfall, Dual Balanced and Dual Extra. Hybrid mattresses like those offered by Hybrid offer both memory foam for comfort and innersprings for breathability and stability. Hybrid also sells pillows, bases and bedding. A Helix mattress warranty is 10 years for standard mattresses and 15 years for LUXE models.

100-night risk-free trial

Free shipping to US locations

LUXE models available

Helix mattress comfort

Firmness levels range all the way from a 2 to a 9 on the 1-10 firmness scale. Helix has a quiz that asks about your preferred firmness, your weight and other details in order to help match you with the right mattress. Helix’s memory foam makes for a comfortable sleep while cooling technologies help hot sleepers doze more easily. Innersprings, far from being uncomfortable, provide stability and breathability.

• Firmness: Unless you want an extremely soft or extremely firm mattress, Helix has a mattress that fits your needs.
  • Sleeping position: Helix has firmer mattresses that will work best for those on their stomachs, medium mattresses for back sleepers and soft mattresses for side sleepers.
  • Motion transfer: Because of the amount of foam in Hybrid mattresses, they are good at absorbing motion.
  • Edge support: Helix mattresses have reinforcement in the coil unit, which means they have above average edge support. This makes Helix mattresses a good choice for couples who want to spread out.
  • Sleeping hot: Helix mattresses have cooling features that keep most sleepers comfortable through the night. Helix mattress reviews mention that the softer mattresses offered by Helix can feel a bit warmer.

Helix mattress cost

Overall, Helix mattress prices are affordable compared to similar mattresses. All basic models are priced the same. Twin sizes are $525, and California King models are $1,170. There are LUXE versions of each of the basic models. A twin sized LUXE is $870 and the California King is $2,020. The custom Dual Balanced and Dual Extra models are the priciest options.

Mattress modelCost range
Basic models (Sunset, Moonlight, Midnight, Dusk, Twilight, Dawn)$525–$1,170
Luxe models$870–$2,020
Nightfall$625–$1,365
Dual Balanced$1,115–$1,365
Dual Extra$1,115–$1,365

Are Helix mattresses good?

Helix is a great option for hybrid mattresses. No matter your sleeping position or weight, you will be able to find a mattress that supports you. Helix mattresses are affordably priced compared to brands of similar quality. Helix is also a good choice for those who want the comfort of memory foam with the edge support and durability of an innerspring mattress.

Helix Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Helix Mattress?

Original review: Jan. 14, 2021

Purchased the queen dusk luxe mattress and base back in October 2020. 2 months later one side of the bed has collapsed and sunk. I am 180lbs so don’t think my weight is to blame. The pillow top of the mattress actually causes more heat to build up, not cooling like they claim. Despite the bed designed to be medium to firm, it is soft and not suited for anyone but a back sleeper. I sleep on my side and wake up in pain. They offered a topper to firm it up, but is it helpless. I have had $300 mattresses that are much better and last for years. The Helix barely lasted through the trial. Very disappointed.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

Purchased this mattress in May 2019, after having a very positive experience with their older mattress line in my main home. This mattress is extremely soft out of the box, which was unexpected for a medium firm mattress designed for side and stomach sleepers. I reached out to the company and expressed my concerns via email. I was told this mattress is actually firmer than the original mattress I purchased in May 2016. In fact, this new mattress was so soft, my husband sunk to the frame of the bed when lying in it. The response for from Helix was to send me a firm topper, when I requested to return the mattress while in the sleep trial. This improved our experience but did not last long term.

Please understand, my husband and I reside in separate houses and he visits for one or two nights on the weekends only. Thus, this mattress does not experience much stress or wear and tear from him. I am a 160 pound woman who now sinks midway into the mattress in all areas. I reached out to Helix again several months ago, and was told there’s nothing they can do because it’s out of the trial and the mattress appears normal when no one is on it.

After a couple of months of back and forth emails, they offered to send yet another firm topper. I had repeatedly explained that I already have their firm topper, but they persisted. I finally agreed to let them send me their “new and improved” firm topper, which is thinner than the original firm topper and does absolutely nothing. I reached out to them again only to be told the mattress is not meeting their warranty standards, even though it craters to the frame when we sleep in it, and there’s nothing they can do.

The reason I purchased this mattress was because of my positive experience with my original mattress from 2016. They have changed the design of their mattresses, and while pretty on the surface, are garbage inside. Instead of honoring the terms of their sleep trial, they will repeatedly send a firm mattress topper to put a Band-Aid on the problem, that’s pushing it out of the trial and warranty. I would not buy another one and I cannot recommend their product line at this time.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Resolution response: Aug. 12, 2020

Customer service from Helix sent me an email back stating: "The screenshot attached is for the Bed Frame. The Adjustable Base is a different product and does not come with a 100-Night Sleep Trial. Let us know if you have any additional questions."

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

I bought a Helix mattress and an adjustable bed base/frame. I eventually donated the mattress, it was too firm. The Helix adjustable bed frame is not needed as I’m upgrading to a Queen. Helix has a 100 night trial that includes the base and after emailing them multiple times with no response, weeks later customer service said the base isn’t returnable. It states on their return policy that the merchandise is returnable. I’m still waiting on a response weeks later as they have yet to acknowledge my email.

Original review: May 8, 2020

For me Helix is generally a good product but their customer services need some little improvement. Access to details information about the product is of great importance to ensure consumer confidence and recommendation.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Finding Helix was very interesting, I haven’t heard anything about the company until I had sleeping issues. I was mostly recommended to Helix to feel relieved when I sleep. So I got in touch with a representative name Josh and he knew more than I did when it came to how I could sleep better. Without his preferences on their supply I would still be waking up at night.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I purchased a queen-size dual comfort mattress from Helix after researching dozens of types of memory foam mattress companies. Helix has great value for the money, excellent quality of mattress that met almost all my needs, and guaranteed a full refund if I wasn’t satisfied.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I loved the concept of a foam mattress customizable to both people....my husband felt his side was too soft and I felt mine was too hard...the company sent a topper to try to resolve which I felt was a very good customer service gesture but it just made my husband's side softer. The mattress is ok....there is always a risk when you can try something out in person... The good news is that after a couple of years the mattress does not have the "dip" you get with a spring mattress so I am very happy about that... Worth a try for sure.

Original review: March 2, 2019

It is an easy to move light weight and comfortable mattress that is easily delivered to your house. It has a lot of back support and is firmer than other comparable mattress brands. I only wish it were a better price so I could throw out all of my other mattresses and replace them with the Helix one I use in my personal bedroom. I also wish they offered free shipping but that's not that big of a deal. I honestly chose it because of the online reviews I read. I compared several different brands and for the money this was the best deal. It also rated high on the basis of comfort and support for my back which is important for me due to back problems.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I chose this one based on the price. I felt that this would be a good buy and the durability made me consider it overall. This is the best one that I felt and I knew I would use it forever or as long as it lasted. However we consider it to be a lifetime purchase. It feels when I'm lying on it well I'm sleeping on it basically whenever I want it. It feels like the only mattress I need. I'm glad I picked out this one and I would improve it by adding a cashback bonus to miss for all buyers. Said I liked everything about. It is comfortable and I don't know how I would live without it.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I thought it was cool and I like the comfortability of it. It showed a lot of good strengths and I think it was the most comfortable mattress I ever had.

Helix Mattress Company Information