2. Homeowners
  3. Mattress Brands

Overall Satisfaction Rating 4.21/5

Helix is an online mattress company offering a range of hybrid mattresses. Each of its six mattresses comes in a LUXE version. Additional custom mattresses are also available. Helix can ship to anywhere in the US and Canada.

BOTTOM LINE

Helix offers dozens of hybrid mattresses with a wide range of firmness levels to please everyone. Edge support is good, and prices are fair for these breathable, durable mattresses.

PROS

• Ships to the US and Canada
  • Good edge support
  • 100-night sleep trial
  • Below market prices

CONS

• 30-night break-in period
  • Some off-gassing

Top Helix Mattress Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Helix Mattress?

I thought it was cool and I like the comfortability of it. It showed a lot of good strengths and I think it was the most comfortable mattress I ever had.

About Helix mattresses

Helix offers six basic models: the Sunset, Midnight, Twilight, Moonlight, Dusk and Dawn. All hybrid mattresses provide a wide range of firmness levels and are affordably priced. These same models have a LUXE version that is thicker and more comfortable but more expensive. Additional specialty mattresses include the Nightfall, Dual Balanced and Dual Extra. Hybrid mattresses like those offered by Hybrid offer both memory foam for comfort and innersprings for breathability and stability. Hybrid also sells pillows, bases and bedding. A Helix mattress warranty is 10 years for standard mattresses and 15 years for LUXE models.

100-night risk-free trial

Free shipping to US locations

LUXE models available

Helix mattress comfort

Firmness levels range all the way from a 2 to a 9 on the 1-10 firmness scale. Helix has a quiz that asks about your preferred firmness, your weight and other details in order to help match you with the right mattress. Helix’s memory foam makes for a comfortable sleep while cooling technologies help hot sleepers doze more easily. Innersprings, far from being uncomfortable, provide stability and breathability.

• Firmness: Unless you want an extremely soft or extremely firm mattress, Helix has a mattress that fits your needs.
    • Sleeping position: Helix has firmer mattresses that will work best for those on their stomachs, medium mattresses for back sleepers and soft mattresses for side sleepers.
    • Motion transfer: Because of the amount of foam in Hybrid mattresses, they are good at absorbing motion.
    • Edge support: Helix mattresses have reinforcement in the coil unit, which means they have above average edge support. This makes Helix mattresses a good choice for couples who want to spread out.
    • Sleeping hot: Helix mattresses have cooling features that keep most sleepers comfortable through the night. Helix mattress reviews mention that the softer mattresses offered by Helix can feel a bit warmer.

Helix mattress cost

Overall, Helix mattress prices are affordable compared to similar mattresses. All basic models are priced the same. Twin sizes are $525, and California King models are $1,170. There are LUXE versions of each of the basic models. A twin sized LUXE is $870 and the California King is $2,020. The custom Dual Balanced and Dual Extra models are the priciest options.

Mattress modelCost range
    Basic models (Sunset, Moonlight, Midnight, Dusk, Twilight, Dawn)$525–$1,170
    Luxe models$870–$2,020
    Nightfall$625–$1,365
    Dual Balanced$1,115–$1,365
    Dual Extra$1,115–$1,365

Are Helix mattresses good?

Helix is a great option for hybrid mattresses. No matter your sleeping position or weight, you will be able to find a mattress that supports you. Helix mattresses are affordably priced compared to brands of similar quality. Helix is also a good choice for those who want the comfort of memory foam with the edge support and durability of an innerspring mattress.

Helix Mattress Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Helix Mattress?

Original review: May 8, 2020

For me Helix is generally a good product but their customer services need some little improvement. Access to details information about the product is of great importance to ensure consumer confidence and recommendation.

Original review: May 6, 2020

Finding Helix was very interesting, I haven’t heard anything about the company until I had sleeping issues. I was mostly recommended to Helix to feel relieved when I sleep. So I got in touch with a representative name Josh and he knew more than I did when it came to how I could sleep better. Without his preferences on their supply I would still be waking up at night.

Get buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 27, 2020

I purchased a queen-size dual comfort mattress from Helix after researching dozens of types of memory foam mattress companies. Helix has great value for the money, excellent quality of mattress that met almost all my needs, and guaranteed a full refund if I wasn’t satisfied.

Original review: April 26, 2020

I loved the concept of a foam mattress customizable to both people....my husband felt his side was too soft and I felt mine was too hard...the company sent a topper to try to resolve which I felt was a very good customer service gesture but it just made my husband's side softer. The mattress is ok....there is always a risk when you can try something out in person... The good news is that after a couple of years the mattress does not have the "dip" you get with a spring mattress so I am very happy about that... Worth a try for sure.

Original review: March 2, 2019

It is an easy to move light weight and comfortable mattress that is easily delivered to your house. It has a lot of back support and is firmer than other comparable mattress brands. I only wish it were a better price so I could throw out all of my other mattresses and replace them with the Helix one I use in my personal bedroom. I also wish they offered free shipping but that's not that big of a deal. I honestly chose it because of the online reviews I read. I compared several different brands and for the money this was the best deal. It also rated high on the basis of comfort and support for my back which is important for me due to back problems.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

I chose this one based on the price. I felt that this would be a good buy and the durability made me consider it overall. This is the best one that I felt and I knew I would use it forever or as long as it lasted. However we consider it to be a lifetime purchase. It feels when I'm lying on it well I'm sleeping on it basically whenever I want it. It feels like the only mattress I need. I'm glad I picked out this one and I would improve it by adding a cashback bonus to miss for all buyers. Said I liked everything about. It is comfortable and I don't know how I would live without it.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

I had seen good reviews on it on the website which made me interested to find out more about the brand. I even talked to people at work to see if they have ever heard of the brand. I never thought the reviews would be so accurate to me. I never knew a mattress to hold up for so long as this brand. It was such a firm and long lasting mattress. Padding layers were very nice. I had one in the past where they became very worn looking and this one looked brand new for awhile.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

It was on sale and I needed one for my bedroom since I recently just moved. I saw it had great reviews online and I had a gift card to buy it. Very reliable brand for this type of Mattress. The mattress is comfortable, soft, durable, and easy to move. I am able to clean it effectively with no issues. I have had quite a few relatives complimented me on this mattress. I am always looking forward to come home and relax on my bed because of this mattress. But I wish it was more bulky as far as height. Maybe I should have bought more than one to make my bed taller. I would love to see if there are any new innovative one out there since it has been a while since I purchased this mattress. I have recommended it to all my friend to buy this mattress.

Original review: Feb. 20, 2019

When I had first starting to research mattresses, I went to several furniture stores to compare prices. I had spent close to $700 purchasing the mattress at the time. The furniture store provided free delivery and the whole process went well. The one thing I dislike is its brand name but I like how the mattress is very reliable. The durability of the mattress is great. There is a 30 year warranty, and after close to 10 years, the mattress is still in good shape. It is very appealing and doing great.

Helix Mattress Company Information