4.02/5
Based on 1,668 reviews that contain star ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

Cymax Stores USA

Cymax Stores USA is your one stop shop for home and office furniture. We carry cheap and affordable as well as high quality and solid wood pieces for your living room, dining, bedroom, office and more.

We are one of the Top 200 E-tailers worldwide and was nominated by the Internet Retailer as one of the Hot 100 2010 Best Retail Websites.

Simply put – we sell furniture, with over 250,000 products for home and office furniture and décor

We are dedicated to provide you a great selection of home and office furniture at affordable prices.

Cymax Stores USA reviews products from many different manufacturers to bring you great styles that suit every taste and style!

View More View More

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1790 Cymax Stores USA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Table arrived in early August badly damaged. The box had been previously damaged and taped back up. Requested return. Never heard back on return pick up. One day 5 months later FedEx shows up for a pick up, could not tell me who or what. Completely forgot the defective table was sitting in my garage. Got a nasty email from Cymax after hearing nothing for 5 months that I refused pick up. Told them a return pick up date since I would be out of town. Well FedEx came while I was gone. What a hassle dealing with Cymax!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I ordered a console table which was delivered with damage on the corner and top of table. After jumping through hoops to return the defective item I find out that they NEVER received my return, even though I have a tracking number from UPS which even gives the precise date, time, dock the item was delivered to AND the gentleman named, Ahmad, whom signed for the package at their facility. I called the 1-800 number provided on their site only to find that the only way to have communication with this company is by email.

SO, I wrote them an email inquiring about the status of my return. Cymax finally contacted me several weeks later requesting information about the damaged item, the tracking number, address the table was returned to and pictures of the damaged item. I gathered all of the requested documents and sent them immediately. I HAVE NEVER HEARD BACK! Cymax clearly doesn't have the proper problem solving skills needed for customer service. Thankfully I made my purchase through Google Express and they assured me that they would take care this issue. I would NOT recommend Cymax.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

39 days to deliver a desk and during the whole process I wasn't given any updates or tracking information. They are very difficult to get ahold of and customer service is terrible. Stay away from Cymax!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I bought a filing cabinet. In person the color seemed off and it was very flimsy. I wanted to return it. It was not damaged in any way. Back and forth for weeks. Well me emailing them mostly. For every 5 emails to them I would get 1 back saying sorry. I asked for this to be escalated to a manager. They completely ignored my request. After multiple emails from me They said the manufacturer return time frame had expired. To which I told them they did on purpose. Wasted time until I could no longer return. They have cost me money, time and added lots of stress. The product I bought was horrible in quality and the customer service was one of the worst I have ever experienced in my life. Beware. Do not buy from this company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I ordered furniture from Cymax. It arrived defective. After many emails, I had to pay for return shipping and a restocking fee in order to get half of my $709 back. This was a horrible, and expensive, experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cymax Stores USA?

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I purchased a patio set for my house 3 months ago. All customer service is done by email and they take a week to reply. And what do they do? Well... nothing at all. I don't know how this business is still running.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We ended up getting an invoice from a carrier and they said that Freight Club (Cymax) was past due and would not deliver unless we paid collect. The rate was 4x higher so we cancelled the order with Cymax/Freight Club/Walmart. This company seems to be on the outs and with all the negative reviews, please do not trust them. Horrible customer service and they never respond to emails. Walmart should not be advertising them at all. It may be that they are crumbling anyway but do not trust this company!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Customer service is the worst and no refund! My order was scheduled for June 7, didn’t receive until July 24! Had to call and bug them to track the order down, it gets worst, the order was incomplete, missing assembly parts! So now I have a table with no legs propped against my wall, taking up my dining room! Emailed several times to try to have parts shipped, but Cymax just ignores emails. And Amazon is no help. For something that cost so much.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I bought a end table on their website. They have a phone number on the home page. I needed to cancel the order. Phone number is for NEW orders only. Existing orders must be done by email. Long story short, they shipped the table before answering my email and then said, "Oh Well".

Original review: July 25, 2018

I purchased bowery hill twin metal daybed through Walmart.com unaware that purchase was through 3rd party. After over 30-35 days, bed started to bend inwards. I contacted Walmart and they stated I needed to go through Walmart.com. I then contacted Walmart.com and they stated I would get email with instructions on how to return the bed. I receive an email 1 week later stating I needed to call back. I called and they connected me to the 3rd party vendor Cymax Stores who has horrible customer service! They stated I had gone over the 30 day limit and I could not return bed.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told supervisors don’t take calls! I was now getting directed to the vendor! This has been a horrible frustrating experience that began with Walmart and ended with Cymax Stores! Never will I ever purchase anything through Walmart.com when they can’t guarantee products they are selling on their website. Very disappointed with the experience and runaround I received!

Original review: July 21, 2018

Ordered 3 kitchen stools. Immediately after assembling, one leg cracked and had to be replaced. Cymax washed their hands, and pushed the replacement fulfillment back to the manufacturer. Within three weeks, another leg on a second stool cracked in exactly the same spot. The manufacturer replaced this as well. However, we pointed to an obvious structural defect, which the manufacturer essentially acknowledged. When we asked to return the stools and get a refund, Cymax totally washed their hands of the matter. Luckily, we had paid using Amazon Pay, which contacted Cymax and suggested they needed to make it right with their "mutual customer". Never heard a word from Cymax. They went completely silent. This company cannot be trusted to stand behind what they sell. Suggest you buy elsewhere.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Where do I even begin? This place is everything customer service should not be. THIS PLACE IS A SCAM. I am certain that they stay in business because customers either do not receive their furniture or it is shipped damaged and they charge you half when you are mad about their mistake. People don't want to deal with the hassle and take what they can get and the company profits without having to do anything except upset customers. In addition the number of companies involved for one order is absurd.

The chain of companies are in order of ordering to destination (if it ever comes-in our case not at all) include: Amazon (the marketplace), Cymax (the seller), Enitial (the pickup shipper), Watkins & Shepard (the provided tracking info), Lodesto (the linking agency/consignee), Fine Line (the Consignee and linkee from Lodesto to Cymax with its own tracking number - unlisted - and the final location in which our furniture is being held hostage until "a hold is lifted").

My significant other ordered bedroom furniture with Cymax through Amazon on May 30th 2018. The tracking number for the shipment was through a company called Watkins & Shepard. The order was shipped from CA at 7:40 pm on June 1st and arrived in New Jersey at 5:35 am June 6th. The ending location is approx 45 minutes from the destination location - our home. On the Watkins tracking website it provides delivery info (a consignee located in NJ) "Lodeso Fine Line Delivery Service and a pickup info (shipper located in CA) "Enitial Lab." The appointment date is for June 7th 2018. You can imagine how efficient we believed this company to be. However, we were not aware that the consignee company was anything but a local Watkins location/branch and that either they took the order or that they were the shipping company. We were just happy that the furniture was scheduled to arrive in a timely manner. WE WERE DEAD WRONG!!!

We received an email claiming that they needed a different contact phone number because they were unsuccessful reaching us. However, they had no problem emailing us this information pertaining to a phone number but not the reason for the need to contact us to begin with. We were told by the company that if we did not reply in "x" amount of days that we would be charged. The initial cost of our furniture was $1437.59 and they stated that they would charge us $359.58 for a restock fee and $319.58 for return shipping; that would result in a refund of only $758.61. That calculates to a $678.98 loss.

*Please note that people do not check their email every day. Also note that we planned to receive the furniture without needing to be in contact with them. No other company thus far has ever done this with us. My husband is disabled and cannot speak. He has a stoma and he can only speak in a whisper and that enables him to communicate on the phone. Unless he is prepared to be receiving contact via email it is not a priority to constantly check it... again... who expects a company to email you if you have a tracking number and have the verifiable information at your fingertips. Point being, the tracking number stated tracking info and consignees and shipping companies other than the tracking number issuer isn't relevant. Or so I thought.

I was unsuccessful reaching anyone for assistance. Even though Watkins was the "shipper/tracking" info provided to us we could not contact them - as we were under the informed assumption that our furniture was there and that I may find out what happened with our stuff. I left messages and called several times with no response over a 4-5 day period; until I finally called Cymax. Cymax was even worse... And they are the selling company. The only department that you can reach is sales. I spoke with a man named Kenny. He was rude and arrogant. He said he could not put me on with a manager, refused to give me an employee ID # or any kind of identifying information.

I will be completely honest. I lost it and cursed at him - all the while apologizing that I was cursing and yelling and that I understood that he was an employee and it isn't his fault but rather it is the company's fault. I went as far to tell him to quit and run while he can. The reason for the initial call is that we expected the furniture to be here on the 7th. I tried to contact Watkins when it didn't arrive. Shortly after we received an email stating to that they (Cymax) were sorry to inform us but our furniture was LOST. LOST? WTF DO YOU MEAN LOST? So that prompted the call to Watkins and to Cymax.

NO ONE HELPED from either company. We never wanted to cancel... We wanted our furniture but he was mad and emailed and they canceled our order after "losing" it and claiming it could take another 30 days to find and ship. I then decided to call this Fine Line Company that was on Watkins tracking page. Turns out they are located 20 minutes away from each other and have a diff tracking number. WTH. They couldn't take it 20 minutes more to us and had to involve now a 3rd party is beyond me... But they did. So now we have an order # and 2 tracking numbers and 3 companies.

The woman Krystal at Fine Line was an absolute sweetheart and had excellent customer service etiquette. She listened to this mess and went and checked and verified that our furniture was indeed being held at their warehouse. I was then informed that the furniture could not be delivered until the company lifted a hold. She gave me the phone number for what I've been calling their "agent company." This is a middle company. I've viewed it like a temp agent and Fine Line is the temp and Cymax was the employer and Lodeso was the Temp agency. So I called Lodeso and spoke with a kind and understanding gentleman there by the name of Steven who said I would receive a call from the accounts manager after she contacted Cymax to lift the hold.

No one called me back so I spoke to them today and the customer service rep wouldn't transfer me to the accounts manager and said the notes stated that they did not reach Cymax). The manager at Lodeso couldn't reach anyone at Cymax either---and Cymax is their customer. I would answer the phone to gain more business from an agent but apparently they do not care. After Lodeso claimed they were unable to contact anyone I hung up and called myself. I selected another option for directory and typed in Kenny's name and was transferred to him.

He claimed there was again no manager, that he couldn't transfer me to the initial internet salesman and so-on. He just kept saying that if there is a problem that I need to contact the marketplace which is Amazon. And that is what I did. One of the supervisors there is going to conduct an investigation and if the Cymax doesn't refund us the money then they will as part of their customer guarantee. So the moral here is --- DO NOT DEAL WITH CYMAX - whether it be independently or through a marketplace. The handful of positive reviews they have does not compare to the disappointments. And please be mindful that if you read the positive reviews that they rarely receive: it was due to a wrong that they made right to make themselves look good. They should be shut down immediately.

Original review: April 25, 2018

HORRIFYING - PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!!! The stock photos & reviews they show on their site are fake. If you order from here they will send you something that looks nothing like what you order, and that weighs double what they advertise (and then blame the manufacturer). There is also NO NUMBER TO CALL, the only way you can get in contact with them is through email (and it takes 5 business days to even get a response out of them). Insanely unprofessional, rude, and embarrassing. I attached the image of what they were selling on their site versus what should have actually been delivered versus what I got - what a joke.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Ordered 2 TV consoles. One is perfect, the other has a door that does not close. I have sent e-mails. Got 1 response that they needed more info. That was 2 weeks ago. They do not take phone calls! I wish I had seen these reviews prior to ordering. I would never ordered from this company. The replacement part is labeled “G”.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I ordered an entertainment center, I received it, package was partially open, 75% of contents were broken, tried to call Cymax to no avail, emailed them, no answer, I am out nearly $400.00 dollars, I will never order from Cymax again.

Original review: March 12, 2018

A desk was ordered on 1/8 with their company. I went through a lot of time and effort with the salesmen to make sure the size and color were exactly what I wanted. When it arrived it was in a million pieces to put together. Once it was put together and brought to my office I immediately noticed it is the wrong color. I have been going back and forth with the salesperson and the VP and still can't get this resolved. They said first they were going to pick up and donate, then they said the manufacturer says there is nothing wrong with the color where you can clearly see it is not Mahogany but Cherry. The VP gets involved, I then get an email they are going to provide me a credit on 2/20 and they would send me the return labels. Then they fell off the face of the earth. Repeatedly tried to reach them. Now the VP responds saying on 3/6 they still don't have an update yet? Seriously. Get this rectified. Bad business all around.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I ordered an ottoman that was supposed to be Cocoa brown. It is grey. I have tried to contact the company about returning it to no avail. It took awhile to even get here. They don't respond to emails and there is NO phone customer service. Lesson learned. Won't buy anything through this company in the future.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I ordered a couch for my apartment on Friday. The following THURSDAY, I receive an email saying that my order was cancelled. I tried to contact customer service, but their phone number says that “they’ve recently rerouted all customer service calls to email.” So, that’s irritating. I’m having to email a robot to get a response. Anyways, I selected a different option over the phone in order to finally talk to a person. The second I try to figure out what was wrong (and why my couch was cancelled & why it’s only going to delay me getting furniture for my apartment...) the female customer service agent was instantaneously rude and arrogant. She didn’t care about my situation and didn’t offer me any sympathy or compensation... She was just very cross and pretty bad at her job. If you’re in the CUSTOMER SERVICE industry, shouldn’t you be a nicer person to your CUSTOMERS? I wasn’t more irritated by her tone and attitude than my cancelled order.

Anyways, I was told that my couch order was cancelled due to me not answering my phone for “credit card verification.” My phone was stolen from me and therefore I can’t answer it. Why wasn’t there an attempt at contacting me a different way before cancelling my order? Like over email which is where I received my order confirmation in the first place!! Good luck running a company with poor customer service reps and bad policies. Very disappointed and I DO NOT recommend this company at all!

Original review: March 1, 2018

On 11/16/17 I received my lift top coffee table model 41444 from Home Square Cymax store. It came with damaged parts. I emailed the company requesting a refund. They offered free parts. When I received the part I put the table together. Then I noticed that I had to continuously push the table together to put the cam dowels back in the hole to the wood. Not only that every day I would have to flip the table around and tighten the hidden cams all the time. I called within my warranty period and requested a refund again!!! The customer service was extremely poor, and rude. I never received my refund. I am very disappointment in the product and customer service. I would never purchase anything from this store again and my friends, family and co-workers will hear about this as well.

Resolution response: Feb. 16, 2018

After posting our original review, Travis at Cymax got a hold of us. He apologized for the mess up with the manufacturer and some of the previous customer service agents we had dealt with. After some discussion, they made it all right with a refund. We appreciate their quick response and resolving this issue to our satisfaction. I'm impressed with how much they wanted to make it right. It made me feel like they do care about their customers and will do so in the future too. I will definitely try ordering from Homesquare again.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

If I could give them a zero I would. We ordered a dresser back in Sept of 2017. One of two boxes got held up at FedEx because it had two shipping labels and they sent that box back to Homesquare. Because I never heard from them on the situation, I called Homesquare. They assured me that another box would be sent as soon as they got the box back from FedEx. Instead of sending that box back to us, they ordered parts from the manufacturer. That manufacturer sent us drawer glides - parts we had already received in the one box we did receive.

By this time, over a month had gone by and we needed this dresser like yesterday because it was a dresser we needed to complete a foster child bedroom. So, again, I called them and gave them specific part numbers of what we needed and yet again over a month later, we get a box of drawer glides. Fed up because we couldn't wait on them to get their act together and it had been over 2 months and we STILL had not received what we paid for, I emailed them demanding a refund but surprise, surprise, I never heard back from them. They don't have a phone number you can call anymore and talk to a real live person. So, we are out $200 and have a box of dresser parts that are worthless to us. Buyer beware. This is not a legit store and they will rip you off.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I purchased pillows from Homesquare which is a Cymax company. When I wanted to return them, first they took forever to send me an authorization number. Finally got it and sent them back Jan 11th. They didn't receive them so I tracked the package by the post office tracking number. They were sitting at their local post office as the locker was full when the mailman tried to deliver them to the company. Along with my return was others waiting to be picked up by them at the post office.

Cymax told me they won't be picking them up and I won't receive my refund. I called my credit card company and Houzz who I ordered them through. Spoke with a manager at Houzz and he refunded my $. Both the post office and Houzz are handling this now. This was so aggravating and upsetting! I never experienced such service from a company before and never will again with this company. I AM DONE AND WILL TELL EVERYONE NOT TO MAKE ANY PURCHASES FROM A CYMAX COMPANY EVER!!!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We purchased a leather sofa from Cymax and after approximately 16 months less than a year-and-a-half we found the leather to be peeling off everywhere after no excessive use. I would say to anyone considering purchasing a Cymax furniture to have their head examined. The so called leather sofa we purchased is crap! We do not even believe that it is true leather.

It appears to be some kind of thin synthetic. This company ripped us off and it will do the same thing to you. Please beware. Do not purchase furniture from Cymax. They are located in China and probably use slave labor and cheap inferior materials and pass it off as a superior product. They are liars and thieves, one day they will all go to hell! We complained and asked for a return but we were denied of course. Do not purchase furniture from this company. They are evil!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I made a purchase on Walmart through Cymax, when I received my item a trundle it was not what I had expected. I thought I was purchasing a bed w/Trundle. When I called to say I wanted to return the item (which I never opened the box) I was told there would be a 75.00 restocking fee and I was responsible for the shipping cost. At the end of the phone call I was told that the restocking fee would be waived and labels would be send via email so I could return. I had to call again because I was never emailed the return labels; at this time I was informed that Cymax would NOT be waiving the restocking fee because it was my error in ordering the wrong item. I returned the Trundle witch cost me 80.00 and it's been over a month I still haven't been reimbursed. I have tried calling and was told Cymax is not taking phone calls and to do everything through email. Several emails later and still no response.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I would list NO star if that were possible. Cymax has the worst service and the worst customer service. I ordered a poker table set almost thirty days ago. Cymax will only communicate via email once the purchase is made. No more telephone customer service is available and the emails are not answered timely. The shipper has informed me they have 80% of my order. They have been waiting for/looking for the other 20% for two weeks. The product is not available to be delivered to me and Cymax wants to charge me restocking fee, warehouse fee, shipping fee for a product they cannot provide.

They are only willing to refund about 30% of what I paid. This is insane since I have requested a refund only because they cannot provide the product. They advertised a quick delivery date compared to others which is why I chose them. They did not have the best price but I needed the product by a certain date. They have exceeded the expected date by two weeks so far and the product is still not on its way to me. I would NOT recommend anyone use this company no matter the price or promise of delivery. The customer service available is almost non existent and the return policy is highway robbery.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Ordered a file cabinet, it took weeks to be delivered and it was damaged. Customer Service took 2 weeks to determine what they would do. They shipped another and after waiting for delivery again it came damaged at the same spot as the first. Its came apart at the joints. Obviously a manufacturing problem. Now I have 2 of these damaged cabinets in my garage.

One is packed ready for return and the other is not packed. I have not received a refund and have no idea what Cymax plans to do. Cymax keeps sending a canned response on how I have to repack the cabinet in its original packing or they wont pick it up. They act like it's a toaster that you can open the package and lift it out the top. This was a package in excess of 100 lbs. The only way to remove the outer packaging was to cut it off destroying the packaging. How was I supposed to know the product was garbage and needed to be returned.

I am not the distributor, the manufacturer or the delivery company. One or all of them carry the responsibility for this damaged piece of garbage. Yet Cymax believes that I the paying customer should be fine with not having a product I ordered several weeks ago, and should be fine having to park my car in the street because I am storing their inferior product and I should be fine having in excess of $700 tied up while dealing with a customer service department that cant address the issue, just send canned messages. Under no circumstances would I ever deal with this company again. They deserve a minus review.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

After reading all the bad reviews, I was very nervous about the order I had just placed with Cymax, but I was wrong to worry. Cymax shipped my very heavy television stand promptly, the day after I ordered it, matter of fact. I had used PayPal just in case but the product arrived well packaged and was beautiful. I learned from Walmart not to buy from 3rd party vendors because of very bad return policies. But I read the reviews on Amazon about the product prior to purchasing so I felt I was buying a quality piece of furniture, which it was, so no returns necessary. I was sure I wanted this after a lot of research.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I bought a side table on August 9, 2016 that I had searched for many months that would go with my decor in my bedroom. The piece looked wonderful and then less than a year later the paint on top, sides and front started peeling for no reason. I contacted customer service even sending them pictures and never got a response. I called customer service and a automated message told me a wait time that was unrealistic. I did leave a callback number which they offered and will see if I get a call. I doubt it as they quit responding by email.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

BUYERS BEWARE!! This is the worst company ever!! I made a Walmart.com purchase (almost $200) and it was from this company. BEFORE I made the purchase I contacted their customer service to make sure that if I needed to return it for any reason that I would not be charged a restocking fee or a return shipping fee, it was free to ship it to me. The rep told me no charges within 15 days with an authorization number to return. SO, now they are telling me they will charge a $44.50 restocking fee and almost $80 to ship it back (cuz of weight and size). So I will get maybe $60-70 back from a $200 purchase... Are you kidding me???

Their customer service is horrible, they take too long to respond to emails. The day I got the item I emailed them and I couldn't get a response with the return authorization number for 8 days. Now I'm thinking, why return this and only get $60-70 back when I paid them $200? I'm sooo angry!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!! They do not honor what they say- maybe the customer service reps need to be trained better on their policies so they're not giving out false information OR maybe they should honor what they told me the first time and suck up their own mistake. GGRRR.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We purchased a king size bed PC330 with floating headboard and nightstands and under bed storage. One year and one month after the purchase the footboard fell off the bed! It looks like all 11 mini screws that fast and it popped out ripping the pressed wood board because the metal bar that was supporting the foot of the head buckled severely. My partner and I jointly way less than 300 pounds and had been sitting on the edge of the bed to put on our shoes and the bed had not seen any abuse of any kind.

When we reached out to Cymax they ignored our email with photographs. When we reached out through Amazon we were told that they would not provide us with replacement footboard parts unless we wanted to ship the entire bed back which would mean disassembling it which would be a nightmare. I expected better after spending $1,000 on this bed. Very disappointed in Cymax. Will be trying to avoid their products in the future.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Really creepy experience with this company. This is a odd 4th party shipping company and if you buy from them you will likely get stuck with whatever they decide to ship out. We never got the filing cabinet we paid for but we did get a HUGE 90 pound box full of tree parts from them instead. It was rolled onto our front yard by a really upset FedEx Express team that had to deliver it. CYMAX told us it's not their problem but they will pick it up for $55.00. What??? I do believe we were taken for an expensive ride. Dumped in our front yard and is so heavy no one can move it. They want a ton of money to pick it up otherwise they said it's our problem.

Cymax Stores USA expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Members can conveniently browse thousands of furnishings for commercial offices, restaurants and bars, plus churches and temples. Their wide selection makes it easy to navigate many products very quickly.

• Prices: Factory-direct discount prices on top industry brands.

• Delivery: Free shipping on most purchases.

• Returns: Free returns.

• Taxes: No sales tax (except for Virginia).

• Warranty: Manufacturer’s warranty available for most items.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs