1.93/5
Based on 37 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Cymax Stores USA

Cymax Stores USA is your one stop shop for home and office furniture. We carry cheap and affordable as well as high quality and solid wood pieces for your living room, dining, bedroom, office and more.

We are one of the Top 200 E-tailers worldwide and was nominated by the Internet Retailer as one of the Hot 100 2010 Best Retail Websites.

Simply put – we sell furniture, with over 250,000 products for home and office furniture and décor

We are dedicated to provide you a great selection of home and office furniture at affordable prices.

Cymax Stores USA reviews products from many different manufacturers to bring you great styles that suit every taste and style!

FIND OUT MORE FIND OUT MORE
    Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 15, 2018

1770 Cymax Stores USA Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Feb. 15, 2018

If I could give them a zero I would. We ordered a dresser back in Sept of 2017. One of two boxes got held up at FedEx because it had two shipping labels and they sent that box back to Homesquare. Because I never heard from them on the situation, I called Homesquare. They assured me that another box would be sent as soon as they got the box back from FedEx. Instead of sending that box back to us, they ordered parts from the manufacturer. That manufacturer sent us drawer glides - parts we had already received in the one box we did receive.

By this time, over a month had gone by and we needed this dresser like yesterday because it was a dresser we needed to complete a foster child bedroom. So, again, I called them and gave them specific part numbers of what we needed and yet again over a month later, we get a box of drawer glides. Fed up because we couldn't wait on them to get their act together and it had been over 2 months and we STILL had not received what we paid for, I emailed them demanding a refund but surprise, surprise, I never heard back from them. They don't have a phone number you can call anymore and talk to a real live person. So, we are out $200 and have a box of dresser parts that are worthless to us. Buyer beware. This is not a legit store and they will rip you off.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2018

I purchased pillows from Homesquare which is a Cymax company. When I wanted to return them, first they took forever to send me an authorization number. Finally got it and sent them back Jan 11th. They didn't receive them so I tracked the package by the post office tracking number. They were sitting at their local post office as the locker was full when the mailman tried to deliver them to the company. Along with my return was others waiting to be picked up by them at the post office.

Cymax told me they won't be picking them up and I won't receive my refund. I called my credit card company and Houzz who I ordered them through. Spoke with a manager at Houzz and he refunded my $. Both the post office and Houzz are handling this now. This was so aggravating and upsetting! I never experienced such service from a company before and never will again with this company. I AM DONE AND WILL TELL EVERYONE NOT TO MAKE ANY PURCHASES FROM A CYMAX COMPANY EVER!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 28, 2018

We purchased a leather sofa from Cymax and after approximately 16 months less than a year-and-a-half we found the leather to be peeling off everywhere after no excessive use. I would say to anyone considering purchasing a Cymax furniture to have their head examined. The so called leather sofa we purchased is crap! We do not even believe that it is true leather.

It appears to be some kind of thin synthetic. This company ripped us off and it will do the same thing to you. Please beware. Do not purchase furniture from Cymax. They are located in China and probably use slave labor and cheap inferior materials and pass it off as a superior product. They are liars and thieves, one day they will all go to hell! We complained and asked for a return but we were denied of course. Do not purchase furniture from this company. They are evil!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I made a purchase on Walmart through Cymax, when I received my item a trundle it was not what I had expected. I thought I was purchasing a bed w/Trundle. When I called to say I wanted to return the item (which I never opened the box) I was told there would be a 75.00 restocking fee and I was responsible for the shipping cost. At the end of the phone call I was told that the restocking fee would be waived and labels would be send via email so I could return. I had to call again because I was never emailed the return labels; at this time I was informed that Cymax would NOT be waiving the restocking fee because it was my error in ordering the wrong item. I returned the Trundle witch cost me 80.00 and it's been over a month I still haven't been reimbursed. I have tried calling and was told Cymax is not taking phone calls and to do everything through email. Several emails later and still no response.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

I would list NO star if that were possible. Cymax has the worst service and the worst customer service. I ordered a poker table set almost thirty days ago. Cymax will only communicate via email once the purchase is made. No more telephone customer service is available and the emails are not answered timely. The shipper has informed me they have 80% of my order. They have been waiting for/looking for the other 20% for two weeks. The product is not available to be delivered to me and Cymax wants to charge me restocking fee, warehouse fee, shipping fee for a product they cannot provide.

They are only willing to refund about 30% of what I paid. This is insane since I have requested a refund only because they cannot provide the product. They advertised a quick delivery date compared to others which is why I chose them. They did not have the best price but I needed the product by a certain date. They have exceeded the expected date by two weeks so far and the product is still not on its way to me. I would NOT recommend anyone use this company no matter the price or promise of delivery. The customer service available is almost non existent and the return policy is highway robbery.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cymax Stores USA?

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Ordered a file cabinet, it took weeks to be delivered and it was damaged. Customer Service took 2 weeks to determine what they would do. They shipped another and after waiting for delivery again it came damaged at the same spot as the first. Its came apart at the joints. Obviously a manufacturing problem. Now I have 2 of these damaged cabinets in my garage.

One is packed ready for return and the other is not packed. I have not received a refund and have no idea what Cymax plans to do. Cymax keeps sending a canned response on how I have to repack the cabinet in its original packing or they wont pick it up. They act like it's a toaster that you can open the package and lift it out the top. This was a package in excess of 100 lbs. The only way to remove the outer packaging was to cut it off destroying the packaging. How was I supposed to know the product was garbage and needed to be returned.

I am not the distributor, the manufacturer or the delivery company. One or all of them carry the responsibility for this damaged piece of garbage. Yet Cymax believes that I the paying customer should be fine with not having a product I ordered several weeks ago, and should be fine having to park my car in the street because I am storing their inferior product and I should be fine having in excess of $700 tied up while dealing with a customer service department that cant address the issue, just send canned messages. Under no circumstances would I ever deal with this company again. They deserve a minus review.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2017

After reading all the bad reviews, I was very nervous about the order I had just placed with Cymax, but I was wrong to worry. Cymax shipped my very heavy television stand promptly, the day after I ordered it, matter of fact. I had used PayPal just in case but the product arrived well packaged and was beautiful. I learned from Walmart not to buy from 3rd party vendors because of very bad return policies. But I read the reviews on Amazon about the product prior to purchasing so I felt I was buying a quality piece of furniture, which it was, so no returns necessary. I was sure I wanted this after a lot of research.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

I bought a side table on August 9, 2016 that I had searched for many months that would go with my decor in my bedroom. The piece looked wonderful and then less than a year later the paint on top, sides and front started peeling for no reason. I contacted customer service even sending them pictures and never got a response. I called customer service and a automated message told me a wait time that was unrealistic. I did leave a callback number which they offered and will see if I get a call. I doubt it as they quit responding by email.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2017

BUYERS BEWARE!! This is the worst company ever!! I made a Walmart.com purchase (almost $200) and it was from this company. BEFORE I made the purchase I contacted their customer service to make sure that if I needed to return it for any reason that I would not be charged a restocking fee or a return shipping fee, it was free to ship it to me. The rep told me no charges within 15 days with an authorization number to return. SO, now they are telling me they will charge a $44.50 restocking fee and almost $80 to ship it back (cuz of weight and size). So I will get maybe $60-70 back from a $200 purchase... Are you kidding me???

Their customer service is horrible, they take too long to respond to emails. The day I got the item I emailed them and I couldn't get a response with the return authorization number for 8 days. Now I'm thinking, why return this and only get $60-70 back when I paid them $200? I'm sooo angry!!! DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE. THEY ARE TERRIBLE!!! They do not honor what they say- maybe the customer service reps need to be trained better on their policies so they're not giving out false information OR maybe they should honor what they told me the first time and suck up their own mistake. GGRRR.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2017

We purchased a king size bed PC330 with floating headboard and nightstands and under bed storage. One year and one month after the purchase the footboard fell off the bed! It looks like all 11 mini screws that fast and it popped out ripping the pressed wood board because the metal bar that was supporting the foot of the head buckled severely. My partner and I jointly way less than 300 pounds and had been sitting on the edge of the bed to put on our shoes and the bed had not seen any abuse of any kind.

When we reached out to Cymax they ignored our email with photographs. When we reached out through Amazon we were told that they would not provide us with replacement footboard parts unless we wanted to ship the entire bed back which would mean disassembling it which would be a nightmare. I expected better after spending $1,000 on this bed. Very disappointed in Cymax. Will be trying to avoid their products in the future.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Really creepy experience with this company. This is a odd 4th party shipping company and if you buy from them you will likely get stuck with whatever they decide to ship out. We never got the filing cabinet we paid for but we did get a HUGE 90 pound box full of tree parts from them instead. It was rolled onto our front yard by a really upset FedEx Express team that had to deliver it. CYMAX told us it's not their problem but they will pick it up for $55.00. What??? I do believe we were taken for an expensive ride. Dumped in our front yard and is so heavy no one can move it. They want a ton of money to pick it up otherwise they said it's our problem.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2017

I spent several days looking for an accent cabinet that I liked and I could afford. Although I really would prefer something that was not a piece to put together, I seem drawn to the Sauder designs. It was not my first time on putting together a Sauder piece, so it came together quickly. Their instructions are good with pictures and accurate words. It looks great in my room, and hides lots of boxes of yarn, in plain sight.

Cymax had the best price for this piece by at least $50. I had never used them before and I was so pleased that I received the item almost instantly. The box was oversized but was packed well and within a few days, I had the new cabinet installed in my office. I have not had to communicate with Cymax because nothing went wrong with the order. I saw, I purchased, I had. That is the best outcome of any online shopping. I shop online every week. I have had a lot of experience with multiple sellers, this was one of the best.

Original review: Sept. 22, 2017

So I ordered a American Lange Trunk at Walmart.com and waited for it to arrive after being charged on my AMEX. I then got an email blaming me for not receiving it stating that I had canceled my own order per my request. A Lie. I called the business Cymax and was told that it had been mistakenly underpriced and that is why they canceled it. I still wanted the Trunk for my living room as me and my son picked it out for our new house. Being a single mom I could not afford to pay an ADDITIONAL 300.00$ extra for an item I had originally paid about 70.00 for. They wanted me to pay almost 400.00 total for it. I feel like I have been taken for a big ride on this folks.

Please do not let them bait and switch customers starting at 70.00 and then trying for another 300.00$. How does that even happen. The nice guy I talked to Ryan told me that they sent out that email to everyone that had been undercharged. They cannot and will not provide documentation that I ever canceled and admit that they are at fault. That it happens that they price things wrong all the time to thousands of people and if they want the items they have to pay the difference to have the order shipped. I'd like really like anyone who had this experience to speak up.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2017

I'm just giving one star because I don't have another choice. My sister send me a gift. A crib. I saw box and it said cherry but my sister knows all of my furniture is espresso but then well I call Cymax. I spoke to a guy then tell me that he was going to send a replacement form which today I was told by a manager that it was declined because when the order was place the color was cherry and the form was denied. Now they're telling me I have to pay for shipping to send it back and for shipping to get back the right color and they can even refund the money to a visa card where I could go elsewhere and get what I want without any problems. To me knowing what customer service is this is a company with very poor customer service!!!

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Shipping policy states 1-7 Days after pre-ship is complete. I gave Cymax over 8 weeks to pre-ship and deliver a patio furniture set and they failed. The original delivery date to the local delivery location was scheduled for a date 6 weeks after the order date, 8/17-8/22. They could not meet that delivery date so they moved it out to 8 weeks from order date. I specifically gave this company more than 8 weeks to delivery a set of patio furniture before our big event and they failed to deliver. As I am writing this I still do not have my furniture. Do NOT ORDER from this company or its affiliates, like HomeSquare, which is just a front for the main company's website.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I have never written a review before but, I'm just shocked and appalled. I received the correct item in the wrong color on July 28th. Never installed, have original packaging and barely opened. After emailing back and forth not really getting anywhere so I called (on hold for 25 mins). They said to call the manufacturer to see if I can just get the top piece in the correct color. I did. They can't do it, so I emailed Cymax daily for a week with no response. Had to call again. Lucky me was on hold for 30 mins. The lady said, "No problem. Sorry about that" and will get me a return label within the next 48 hrs.

She advised I can reorder the item which I did, (wanted to get my desk back together) and I will be issued credit once they have received the return item. Then I get an email a week later saying sorry we can't return the item because it has been assembled, WHAT. I emailed daily for a week surprise with no email back. Yay I get to call again and wait on hold. Yep about 30 mins, re-explain what happened. She read the notes which were correct NOT assembled and in original packaging. Again I was told, "We will get you a return label with the next 48 hrs." That has been 14 days ago.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

We ordered a baby changing table online and was told it was back ordered. So when it finally came in it was double shipped and we were charged twice. That’s when the trouble started. It took several calls to get a call tag to send the extra unit back. I always had to start over and talk to a new person. I was finally able to get the call tag and then I had to make several more calls to get the refund. I talked to Sunains, Rayden, Trixia, Elicia, Chantel, Ryan and Jen. I was told they had talked to Blaine and Darin (both managers) about the trouble but would not let me talk to them. This is the WORST online company I have ever worked with.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

I really doubt I will ever have a worst customer experience. My order was put on hold and no one called to tell me and nowhere explained what that meant. I contacted chat and they told me it was because my billing address did not match my shipping address. I believe that is a normal occurrence, especially for a furniture store due to people being between addresses while moving, so I am still confused why it was a good reason to place it on hold, especially since my card was approved.

I spent 40 minutes on hold when I called (after I had received an email that my order was cancelled by me, which I did not do) and the woman did not seem to understand why I was calling. She put me on hold and finally told me a manager removed the hold and I was immediately recharged for the item. But the hold on my order wasn't removed. So I tried chatting again and the woman said they didn't release it because I did not call to verify my identity. Apparently all that time I spent on the phone meant nothing and I have to call back AGAIN and hopefully get my item shipped. I ordered from here because the price was too good in comparison to the same item at other online retailers (I surely would've cancelled by now if it wasn't) and I read good reviews about the site. If the item comes damaged, I will absolutely lose it.

Original review: July 30, 2017

Ordered a SET OF 6 Corning Ramekins on Walmart.com. Many days later a box arrived via FedEx with ONE ramekin!!! I called Corning and they referred me to Walmart. I went to Walmart and they said this was a third party purchase and they could not help me. They told me to contact Cymax which has been a JOKE. I printed off a copy of the item from the Walmart.com which clearly shows SET OF 6 on sale for $14.99, which had previously been $44 for a set of 6. Now I am out FIVE ramekins because I cannot get in touch with this CROOKED COMPANY! I am now going to write my NC Attorney General's office and report FALSE ADVERTISING! DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.

Original review: July 15, 2017

The delivery was not timely. It was almost 10 days after the end of the scheduled delivery window. Several calls to Cymax went were to no avail and no one at Cymax seemed to be able to find out what the hold-up was. No follow through from anyone at Cymax that said they would look into it.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Regency Traditional Button Tufted Ivy League Side Guest Chair - The chairs are sturdy and look very nice. They are great for what we needed. I ordered one to try and it went together well so I ordered 11 more. These all had an area that was not drilled properly and we had to buy different screws (22 in all). Two were purchased as "back ups" and we ended up using those for parts for some of the others that had flaws. I asked about the area that was drilled wrong, was told it was not a problem, they were aware of and they didn't seem interested in offering advice. We stumbled on the different screw size working. Over all the chairs are great but beware that you may need some different hardware than what is provided.

Original review: July 14, 2017

Nice computer desk. Just what I was looking for. Reasonable price, fast delivery and easy to assemble. I will buy another for my son and maybe one for my daughter. The size and color nice. Overall I'm satisfied. I will be doing business with you in the near future.

Original review: July 13, 2017

This piece of furniture (Bowery Hill Apothecary Accent Chest in Espresso) came quickly and was just as described. Easy to assemble. Looks sturdy and beautiful. Just what we were looking for. I looked online and this company had the best price, free delivery and a discount coupon.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Coaster Beveled Mirror: This is the second mirror that I've bought, both from this same company, and I love it! It is the perfect size for above a single sink vanity in a bathroom - not too big and not too small. Easy to hang.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I had ordered, what I thought was a set of chairs. One of the pictures had two chairs and I had assumed, with the high price, that it was two chairs I was purchasing. I purchased one in white and one in glacier blue. I attempted to return. The return shipping was more than the chairs. Then I attempted to exchange one chair for another color so I would at least have a matching set. Needless to say I have talked to numerous people and have sent a ton of emails and still have not received directions on how to exchange. The return policy is ridiculous with a long list of to dos. It seems that you guys try to make it as ridiculous as possible so people won't return their product. I have never encountered a company with such poor communication and difficult return policies. I will not recommend using this company and will not purchase anything else from this store. And I will shout my complaints from the rooftops to warn others!

Original review: July 13, 2017

It's been awhile, and I haven't yet received my end table. Why is that? I like what I have gotten so far, but the end table is taking forever to get here.

Original review: July 13, 2017

I loved my headboard. Easy to assemble. I bought for personal use, however manage a huge real estate portfolio of 300+ units. It was perfect for my needs. Hope to use you in the future on a project or two. Thanks.

Original review: July 12, 2017

Return damaged item. I have ordered a mirror for the wall thru Walmart with the company being HomeSquare. Cymax is their customer service. I received the mirror in mid May. We didn't open it as we didn't have way to hang it. We opened it mid July and found out it's broken (either sent this way or in shipment.) The mirror costs 300 dollars on their site while being in 400 other sites.

I have sent them pictures to prove to them that it came this way after they requested as it's past the 30 days notice! They promised they will open my file. They didn't then. I have called them again to explain my situation. They said they will open my file again. Every time they say they would, they end up refusing to exchange item. With My last conversation with them on the phone, they gave me impression they will exchange item then they email they refused. Now I am thinking maybe their site had the cheapest price on the item because they're sending damaged goods and basically not exchanging and cashing the money!

Original review: July 7, 2017

Home Square Cymax embodies horrible customer service!! I ordered (online) a bed and dresser on June 8th. I received a shattered bed on June 23th from a horrible local shipping (trucking) company, YRC Freight in Ringgold, GA. I immediately emailed Home Square-Cymax with info and pictures!! (I received my broken bed at 7 pm on a Friday night, thanks to horrible shipping company.) I had to wait over the weekend due to Home Square being closed on weekends for customer service--I called Home Square on the following business day (6/26) and was told 1-3 days of processing??? before I could have information on a replacement. I sent more pictures and I finally received a follow up email from Home Square-Cymax on 6/27--telling me I'd have either a new bed or tracking for a new bed by July 4th.

Today is July 7th and I still have NO tracking and after several calls (from myself to Home Square-Cymax) I still have no resolution. **Zero replies to my emails I should mention. I finally asked for a refund yesterday, to which I was told 2-3 business days (so this weekend I won't count, not a "business day") before I'll know if I can have my money back. Home Square doesn't know if my replacement bed has shipped and they can't tell me if I can have a refund. Horrible customer service! Never again will I order from this company!

Original review: June 14, 2017

I ordered a chest from this company through Wal-Mart. The next day I received an email saying that the order had been cancelled because the price had changed. A call to customer service went very poorly. The rep was unable to answer my questions and unwilling to transfer me to someone who could, stating first that he did not know who to send me to, then that everyone works on email so there is no way to transfer a call. I absolutely will never purchase from this company again.

Cymax Stores USA Company Information

www.cymax.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use