toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Wooden table with shelves and one door. Very nice but takes a lot of time to put together. Appears to be very sturdy and like the storage shelves for paper and misc other items. Color description is very good and the instructions are excellent.

The couch is ok. Pretty and comfortable. Kinda cheap. The couch is not the problem. It's the company you deal with called Cymax. I purchased the sofa, it came very dirty and somewhat damaged. They messed up my initial order. It wasn't placed. Then I waited additional time for a reorder. When I got it, it was filthy on the arms. Some nicks in the woodwork. I accepted their offer to keep the sofa for a credit and I would clean it. It's been 4 months since original order. I cleaned the delivery truck filth off the arms and one side. Cymax didn't credit me back as they said they would 3 separate times. Don't buy from this company. This is not a one time thing. I also ordered a chair w/ ottoman. Chair arrived damaged. Ottoman not at all. Had to wait for them to ship ottoman. I missed work each time so I could be home for delivery window. JUST SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

I ordered the captioned product from this company via Amazon. Upon opening the partially damaged cartons (very cheap packing materials and thin gauge cardboard) I discovered two back panels were damaged and the hardware (some missing) was very cheap. Once assembled, however, the doors did not close completely. The company's agent delayed a month or more after suggesting a replacement from pictures he asked me to supply. Today he wrote that hardware could be sent, but the defective unit wouldn't be replaced. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!

Perfect height and very easy to put together. My granddaughter put together 1 of them herself. Shipping and delivery was fast. Exactly what I was looking for. Not heavy or bulky and I can put them under the table when not in use. Perfect for a smaller kitchen.

We ordered a vanity and mirror - delivery date: 12/13-12/27. We got an email saying just the mirror was backordered. When the vanity didn't come we tried calling with no answer the first three times! Finally we were told that, without asking us, they held the vanity to wait for the mirror! We can't finish the bathroom that we're waiting to move into without it. Who would do that?! I've ordered many things online and I've never had this happen! It's completely unacceptable! My husband is in hold forever to find out he's speaking to a salesperson person who can't help us and now they're not sending our furniture until 1/31. Our bathroom is in the basement until then! I will never use this company again and plan on passing this along.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cymax Stores USA?

I ordered a dining table in October. Then I kept checking to see when it would be arriving. Each time I looked, the date moved farther out. I placed numerous phone calls to see what was going on. I could not get a definitive answer. Finally, I asked for a supervisor because I was so frustrated. She was going to check with the company. Next thing I know I receive a cancelation notice just before Xmas. Really? After all this time, CYMAX bothered to check with the company. Therefore, I had no table for the holidays. My account now says the table will be coming after January 5th even though it has been cancelled. VERY POOR customer service.

The item we ordered was shipped very fast and came in perfect condition. The quality was very good and assembly very easy. Once assembled I was impressed with the quality of the entertainment center. My big issue came during the ordering process. I was searching specifically for a stand that would work for my 60" tv. I checked the correct boxes for exactly what I was looking for and I chose the tv stand based on its design within the results. After receiving the stand I noticed on the box that it is rated for only a 47" tv... I realize I should have double checked the item but when you fill in the proper search filters, the results should match what you are looking for! It sucks that I have a great looking piece but it's not what I was looking for or wanted. I will buy again but will be more diligent in what I click to buy because there is a flaw in their filter parameters.

Ordered our office desk through Home Square as they had by far the best prices. Easy to order and it arrived VERY quickly. Very satisfied with the product and company, and would highly recommend to anyone thinking of shopping there. Exceptional shopping experience.

Table arrived in a very timely manner. It was just what we expected. Looks great in our new room. This transaction was like the others from Cymax. We have ordered two or three other pieces. Each time the process has been great.

Ordering was very easy. Lots of choices to pick from. Wanted a nice black desk and there were many to view and decide which one I wanted. Found one I liked. No tax and free FedEx delivery. Delivered in two days. Very impressed and highly recommended!

Resolution In Progress

Resolution response: Dec. 31, 2016

Now that I have received the table, I love it and Cymax has apologized and given me an added discount. In this day and age most companies would not do that. I truly would recommend this company because of their integrity. Mistakes happen!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

Purchased a table online through Sears from Cymax furniture company. Purchased it almost one month ago. Have not received it yet. When I called Cymax to inquire about it, they did not respond or help me. They took my money, but no table. $498.00. I am planning on also filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau.

Desk comes in two big boxes. Manual was very easy to understand and read. Desk was very easy to assemble. The desk is heavy duty and well built. It looks really nice & not cheap looking. I'm well pleased with the desk. I would buy from them again!

Factual basis uncertain

I wanted to make it sure I would receive the products before a certain date, so I contacted the customer service in advance. The representative told me that what I wanted to order will be delivered within 5-7 days. So, I placed an order online. A week later, I still did not see any updates on my order status online, so I called the customer service again. I was told that they would check the status. Next day, I just received an email saying my items were shipped. That is great, but that means my order was not shipped for 6 business days... Of course I could not receive the items, and they were shipped back to them.

I tried to communicate with the customer service a couple of times to solve the issue after I found out that my order was delayed, but they were all unreliable, giving me whatever information, just like the first representative who told me that my order will be delivered in a week. They refunded me after deducting the shipping and restocking fee, which was about $300. I will never use Cymax, and I would not recommend them if you want to avoid any possible issue. There are too many other good places to shop.

Very pleased with this furniture. It looks great. Would give it five stars but after unpacking the pieces I found one small internal piece had broken off and I had to rescrew and glue it. Time consuming to construct but easy with good instruction book and the pieces were clearly marked. It looks great and the frame is very sturdy. Had to unpack it downstairs because of the weight and assemble in the room it was purchased for upstairs.

I ordered my chair online easily and received the chair in a week and a half. The chair instructions were easy to read and understand and the chair was easy to put together. The chair I ordered was the Flash Furniture High Back Mesh Swivel Office Chair in Black.

This tv stand was exactly what we needed. It really helped organize everything and bring the room together. It is now the focal point of the room, as it should be, and tall enough to see the tv from anywhere in the room, even if I'm completely reclined in the recliner.

Office Star ProGrid High Back Managers Office Chair with 5 level. Very sturdy computer/office chair, easy to assemble, comfortable for long hour sitting, reasonable shipping time. After couple days, it seems that the price dropped. It is worth the cost. I need some refund. Thanks for the good product and service.

Resolution In Progress

Hello Frederick,

I'm very happy we were able to come to an end solution by providing you with return labels and the issue of a full refund.

We were able to have a positive conversation today in regards to how I will follow up with some of the errors that occurred which I am sure will improve our service moving forward.

I thank you very much for your time and hope that you have a happy holiday and a Happy New Year ahead.

Cymax Customer Support

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I ordered a product and three days later received an email stating the product was discontinued and asking if I wanted a substitute. I declined and ordered the product from another vendor. Almost a week later my account was charged for the product. I contacted Cymax who now said the product was in fact still available but would cancel the order and I would receive a credit notice in 24 to 48 hours. I have all of the emails. 4 days later I received a notice saying the product shipped on the 21st and I could keep for a 5 percent credit or I would have to pay return fees. I contacted Cymax well before the 21st. This was not my mistake and I would like my account credited in full.

Resolution response: Jan. 8, 2017

I initially wrote a review for Cymax over a product I was unhappy with and the initial contact over the return policy. I am rewriting to give their Customer Service Department 5 stars. I spoke with Travis who even around the holidays kept in contact / trying to contact me to resolve the issue. This alone warrants a good review. However, Travis went above and beyond in trying to make sure I was satisfied to the best of his ability when everything was said and done.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

This company is a total shame! I bought a sofa and loveseat set for $700 that looked very nice in the pictures online. Once the products arrived I was EXTREMELY disappointed. The couches were much smaller than they appeared in their pictures, there was also a small tear in the fabric underneath of the couch. I sat on the loveseat and found it very uncomfortable and that I took up almost the entire thing. (I am 5'11'' 225.)

I called to complain about the misleading advertising and they said they were happy for me to return the items. I get the paperwork after 3 days (of the 15 you are given to return the products) and they are charging almost $200 for a re-stocking fee. Are you kidding me!? What a trash company, and I pity anyone who buys anything from this place.

Tv stand unit was extremely easy to put together. It took me about 30 minutes that included unpacking. I would recommend this site to anyone. What color could've been a little lighter but it's exactly what I ordered. The doors and everything fit great. Just enough room between the shelves for the wires to go from the top down. All in all very, very nice unit.

We ordered a student desk for our home. The price was good and it was delivered quickly, no shipping too! When I opened it up and put it together, it was well built and very sturdy. The packing was strong enough so it was not damaged or scratched during delivery. My kids love it!

I rue the day I became involved with this company, and so will you if you don't do your due diligence and read their reviews. I needed to buy a chaise lounge as the one I've had for 6 years was made of bonded leather and was deteriorating as bonded leather is won't to do. I found a similar lounge at Cymax.com that was wrongly advertised as genuine leather. I ordered it as the price was right and then found it on another website (at a higher cost) but the product description said bonded leather!

I called Cymax immediately and cancelled my order but it was the weekend and I would have to follow up. When I did I was assured that the lounge was 100% leather and I should continue with the order. I said I would provided they send me an email authenticating product quality. They did so right away and when the order arrived it was clearly bonded leather! Cymax did everything not to take the order back. I had to prove it was not genuine leather (I did), they had to reconstruct the manufacturer (who confirmed/validated my claim), insisted on charging me a restocking fees (I had to fight them for three days on this while at work) and would not provide me any assistance with returning it (no prepaid) but promised I would be fully reimbursed once they received the product.

They did not reimburse the $118.23 I paid to return it. After fighting with them another three days they agreed. They kept trying to give me store credit; I told them I would never accept store credit and would never do business with their scrupulous company again. They finally agreed to reimburse me as promised; I told them to put it in writing and they sent the following email:

"Hello Marc. As per our conversation and as agreed please call us once a new order has been placed on Cymax so we can refund $118.27 on it. A refund can be processed once the payments have been confirmed and make sure the order is more than $118.27 so that we can refund this amount in full. Thanks for your patience and understanding. Kind regards, Cymax Stores."

I was leary but did as they said. I called them and told them I had placed the order (119.00) and how was this going to work once I cancelled the order... I had just paid at checkout for an item "you told me to order but I didn't want. If you reimburse me the checkout fees how does this satisfy the previously owed 118.23?" Now "Todd" (who was no longer friendly, would not provide his name or identify his position) insisted I had agreed to a store credit! He claimed to know nothing about the above email and hung up. I called back several times and eventually got his info. from Rafa, another manager and will continue to call until fully reimbursed. Cymax blocks any negative reviews so hopefully I'll find relief here. They owe me 118.23 and are going to return all my out of pocket costs due to their false advertising. This ain't over!

Very nice table. However it arrived with a huge gouge on the end of the table but seems as if Cymax will work with me (no problem) to get the piece replaced. I like my purchase for price - love Cymax for all furnishings!

The website is easy to use, and I received my order in a timely manner, and thus far I have been satisfied with my purchase. I would have been happier if the pieces would have been more clearly labeled for assembly, but we labeled them ourselves and we think we've figured it out.

Hello,

Thank you for your review though we are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your order.

One of our mediation agents will contact you by phone or via email shortly to address any issues you may have.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

The order was delivered in a very timely manner, however my husband discovered there were missing parts as he was assembling it. He had to wait until Monday to call, then had to send an email to request the missing part. It is Friday and we are still waiting for the part. It would seem if you can deliver the original order in 3 days, then we should get the missing part quicker.

When my first grandchild was born my wife wanted a new rocker to rock while he was visiting. We found Cymax while searching online and found their prices very competitive and the order process easy. Would highly recommend Cymax to everyone.

Resolution response: Nov. 15, 2016

I initially rated this product with only two stars. Within a day or so, I have two emails and a phone call from Cymax asking me to contact them so they could see what they could do to make things right. I called and worked with Travis. Travis was awesome. He was friendly and super helpful. I was able to work with Travis to make things right. I was very satisfied. Outstanding customer service and Travis was great! I will return as a customer.

Hello,

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

The bed frame came with no assembly instructions and they used packaging tape in the bed frame itself so when I took off the tape, it peeled some of the finish of the bed frame off. It actually damaged the bed frame finish. Looks terrible. Not happy.

The product was very nice and easy to assemble. It is made of good quality material and looks good as a small bookcase. I would buy a product of this value and quality again if in the market for such. Good service and was shipped quickly and right to the door.

Factual basis uncertain

I ordered a item off of Walmart.com who uses Cymax.com as a distributor. When I received my item it came with parts that didn't match, so I was told by Walmart that I had to contact Cymax company which I did, and let me tell you they are the worst company that I ever had to deal with. They took me through so much and gave me the runaround. This company do not up hold their own return policy and I will never ever order anything from this company again. I order my item on the 9th of September, I received the item on 14th of September. I contacted Cymax.com on the 19th of September, they finally came to pick up the item on 10th of October and they just sent me back my refund on the 21st of October. The worst company ever.

Factual basis uncertain

CYMAX HAS BAD PRACTICES. I purchased a two-piece, sectional sofa, w/ ottoman, costing nearly $900 from CYMAX on April '15. There is an automatic '1 year warranty' so, I thought I was good. After the warranty expired this year, '16, I started noticing what felt like coils in the seat cushions, of which there are 4. Now, I not only feel them when I sit, I see them bulging, as are seen in the pictures.

As of July '16, I started contacting CYMAX and they informed me, my warranty had expired but they would see what they could do. I received an email from them, a few days later stating, I could "purchase replacement cushions." What? I haven't spent enough money on this trash? I sent pictures of the lumpy cushions and let them know of the onslaught of bad reviews I would rain down on them. By the way, CYMAX does not appear to have a "Write a Review" section. Cymax sent me two emails, instructing me to go to "My Account" to view messages from them. Both times, plus a few on my own, I visited "My Account" to no avail. There were no messages.

Cymax Stores USA Company Profile