toll free
Call now for more information

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Purchased a table online through Sears from Cymax furniture company. Purchased it almost one month ago. Have not received it yet. When I called Cymax to inquire about it, they did not respond or help me. They took my money, but no table. $498.00. I am planning on also filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau.

Desk comes in two big boxes. Manual was very easy to understand and read. Desk was very easy to assemble. The desk is heavy duty and well built. It looks really nice & not cheap looking. I'm well pleased with the desk. I would buy from them again!

I wanted to make it sure I would receive the products before a certain date, so I contacted the customer service in advance. The representative told me that what I wanted to order will be delivered within 5-7 days. So, I placed an order online. A week later, I still did not see any updates on my order status online, so I called the customer service again. I was told that they would check the status. Next day, I just received an email saying my items were shipped. That is great, but that means my order was not shipped for 6 business days... Of course I could not receive the items, and they were shipped back to them.

I tried to communicate with the customer service a couple of times to solve the issue after I found out that my order was delayed, but they were all unreliable, giving me whatever information, just like the first representative who told me that my order will be delivered in a week. They refunded me after deducting the shipping and restocking fee, which was about $300. I will never use Cymax, and I would not recommend them if you want to avoid any possible issue. There are too many other good places to shop.

Very pleased with this furniture. It looks great. Would give it five stars but after unpacking the pieces I found one small internal piece had broken off and I had to rescrew and glue it. Time consuming to construct but easy with good instruction book and the pieces were clearly marked. It looks great and the frame is very sturdy. Had to unpack it downstairs because of the weight and assemble in the room it was purchased for upstairs.

I ordered my chair online easily and received the chair in a week and a half. The chair instructions were easy to read and understand and the chair was easy to put together. The chair I ordered was the Flash Furniture High Back Mesh Swivel Office Chair in Black.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cymax Stores USA?

This tv stand was exactly what we needed. It really helped organize everything and bring the room together. It is now the focal point of the room, as it should be, and tall enough to see the tv from anywhere in the room, even if I'm completely reclined in the recliner.

Office Star ProGrid High Back Managers Office Chair with 5 level. Very sturdy computer/office chair, easy to assemble, comfortable for long hour sitting, reasonable shipping time. After couple days, it seems that the price dropped. It is worth the cost. I need some refund. Thanks for the good product and service.

I ordered a product and three days later received an email stating the product was discontinued and asking if I wanted a substitute. I declined and ordered the product from another vendor. Almost a week later my account was charged for the product. I contacted Cymax who now said the product was in fact still available but would cancel the order and I would receive a credit notice in 24 to 48 hours. I have all of the emails. 4 days later I received a notice saying the product shipped on the 21st and I could keep for a 5 percent credit or I would have to pay return fees. I contacted Cymax well before the 21st. This was not my mistake and I would like my account credited in full.

This company is a total shame! I bought a sofa and loveseat set for $700 that looked very nice in the pictures online. Once the products arrived I was EXTREMELY disappointed. The couches were much smaller than they appeared in their pictures, there was also a small tear in the fabric underneath of the couch. I sat on the loveseat and found it very uncomfortable and that I took up almost the entire thing. (I am 5'11'' 225.)

I called to complain about the misleading advertising and they said they were happy for me to return the items. I get the paperwork after 3 days (of the 15 you are given to return the products) and they are charging almost $200 for a re-stocking fee. Are you kidding me!? What a trash company, and I pity anyone who buys anything from this place.

Tv stand unit was extremely easy to put together. It took me about 30 minutes that included unpacking. I would recommend this site to anyone. What color could've been a little lighter but it's exactly what I ordered. The doors and everything fit great. Just enough room between the shelves for the wires to go from the top down. All in all very, very nice unit.

We ordered a student desk for our home. The price was good and it was delivered quickly, no shipping too! When I opened it up and put it together, it was well built and very sturdy. The packing was strong enough so it was not damaged or scratched during delivery. My kids love it!

I rue the day I became involved with this company, and so will you if you don't do your due diligence and read their reviews. I needed to buy a chaise lounge as the one I've had for 6 years was made of bonded leather and was deteriorating as bonded leather is won't to do. I found a similar lounge at Cymax.com that was wrongly advertised as genuine leather. I ordered it as the price was right and then found it on another website (at a higher cost) but the product description said bonded leather!

I called Cymax immediately and cancelled my order but it was the weekend and I would have to follow up. When I did I was assured that the lounge was 100% leather and I should continue with the order. I said I would provided they send me an email authenticating product quality. They did so right away and when the order arrived it was clearly bonded leather! Cymax did everything not to take the order back. I had to prove it was not genuine leather (I did), they had to reconstruct the manufacturer (who confirmed/validated my claim), insisted on charging me a restocking fees (I had to fight them for three days on this while at work) and would not provide me any assistance with returning it (no prepaid) but promised I would be fully reimbursed once they received the product.

They did not reimburse the $118.23 I paid to return it. After fighting with them another three days they agreed. They kept trying to give me store credit; I told them I would never accept store credit and would never do business with their scrupulous company again. They finally agreed to reimburse me as promised; I told them to put it in writing and they sent the following email:

"Hello Marc. As per our conversation and as agreed please call us once a new order has been placed on Cymax so we can refund $118.27 on it. A refund can be processed once the payments have been confirmed and make sure the order is more than $118.27 so that we can refund this amount in full. Thanks for your patience and understanding. Kind regards, Cymax Stores."

I was leary but did as they said. I called them and told them I had placed the order (119.00) and how was this going to work once I cancelled the order... I had just paid at checkout for an item "you told me to order but I didn't want. If you reimburse me the checkout fees how does this satisfy the previously owed 118.23?" Now "Todd" (who was no longer friendly, would not provide his name or identify his position) insisted I had agreed to a store credit! He claimed to know nothing about the above email and hung up. I called back several times and eventually got his info. from Rafa, another manager and will continue to call until fully reimbursed. Cymax blocks any negative reviews so hopefully I'll find relief here. They owe me 118.23 and are going to return all my out of pocket costs due to their false advertising. This ain't over!

Very nice table. However it arrived with a huge gouge on the end of the table but seems as if Cymax will work with me (no problem) to get the piece replaced. I like my purchase for price - love Cymax for all furnishings!

The website is easy to use, and I received my order in a timely manner, and thus far I have been satisfied with my purchase. I would have been happier if the pieces would have been more clearly labeled for assembly, but we labeled them ourselves and we think we've figured it out.

Hello,

Thank you for your review though we are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your order.

One of our mediation agents will contact you by phone or via email shortly to address any issues you may have.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

The order was delivered in a very timely manner, however my husband discovered there were missing parts as he was assembling it. He had to wait until Monday to call, then had to send an email to request the missing part. It is Friday and we are still waiting for the part. It would seem if you can deliver the original order in 3 days, then we should get the missing part quicker.

When my first grandchild was born my wife wanted a new rocker to rock while he was visiting. We found Cymax while searching online and found their prices very competitive and the order process easy. Would highly recommend Cymax to everyone.

Consumer Increased Rating!
Resolution In Progress

Resolution response: Nov. 15, 2016

I initially rated this product with only two stars. Within a day or so, I have two emails and a phone call from Cymax asking me to contact them so they could see what they could do to make things right. I called and worked with Travis. Travis was awesome. He was friendly and super helpful. I was able to work with Travis to make things right. I was very satisfied. Outstanding customer service and Travis was great! I will return as a customer.

Hello,

Original review: Nov. 4, 2016

The bed frame came with no assembly instructions and they used packaging tape in the bed frame itself so when I took off the tape, it peeled some of the finish of the bed frame off. It actually damaged the bed frame finish. Looks terrible. Not happy.

The product was very nice and easy to assemble. It is made of good quality material and looks good as a small bookcase. I would buy a product of this value and quality again if in the market for such. Good service and was shipped quickly and right to the door.

Factual basis uncertain

I ordered a item off of Walmart.com who uses Cymax.com as a distributor. When I received my item it came with parts that didn't match, so I was told by Walmart that I had to contact Cymax company which I did, and let me tell you they are the worst company that I ever had to deal with. They took me through so much and gave me the runaround. This company do not up hold their own return policy and I will never ever order anything from this company again. I order my item on the 9th of September, I received the item on 14th of September. I contacted Cymax.com on the 19th of September, they finally came to pick up the item on 10th of October and they just sent me back my refund on the 21st of October. The worst company ever.

Factual basis uncertain

CYMAX HAS BAD PRACTICES. I purchased a two-piece, sectional sofa, w/ ottoman, costing nearly $900 from CYMAX on April '15. There is an automatic '1 year warranty' so, I thought I was good. After the warranty expired this year, '16, I started noticing what felt like coils in the seat cushions, of which there are 4. Now, I not only feel them when I sit, I see them bulging, as are seen in the pictures.

As of July '16, I started contacting CYMAX and they informed me, my warranty had expired but they would see what they could do. I received an email from them, a few days later stating, I could "purchase replacement cushions." What? I haven't spent enough money on this trash? I sent pictures of the lumpy cushions and let them know of the onslaught of bad reviews I would rain down on them. By the way, CYMAX does not appear to have a "Write a Review" section. Cymax sent me two emails, instructing me to go to "My Account" to view messages from them. Both times, plus a few on my own, I visited "My Account" to no avail. There were no messages.

Resolution In Progress

Hi Malikka,

Hope all is well.

We now show a full refund was completed to your original method of payment. We have also confirmed that the issue at hand was rectified and the listing error was in fact corrected.

We are very happy you were able to donate the items to a charitable organization and truly hope that everything at this point has been rectified.

Again our deepest apologies for any frustration this may have caused.

Cymax Customer Support

Original review: Oct. 12, 2016

I ordered 2 sets of 2 chairs, Cymax website clearly said that the cost was $180.90 for a "set of two" chairs, so I ordered two sets, however, when my package arrived I only received two chairs, I assumed because the box was so big the other set would be there soon. By the third day I checked my account and saw that there was only one tracking number therefore, I called to be told that there was an quantity error on their website, which was their fault however they will give me 50 bucks towards the one set I have which would mean I still paid $308 for two chairs, when I ordered 4 chairs for $361. That would be crazy to accept that offer. I would have never ordered two chairs for $300 let alone $360. So now I'm stuck and they won't honor their order. They won't even give me the stated cost for just the 2 chairs received at $180. They are crooks, and their website tricked me and locked me into the financing and I don't know what else to do.

I have the emails when they stated it was their error. When I checked the site a week later it was still labeled set of two for $180. I guess they want to hoodwink more people. I finally told them I will just take a refund, to send a box because the box was thrown away, because I didn't know or expect to be robbed of two of my chairs or I wouldn't have opened or accepted the box in the first place. They told me a week ago that they would place the return and someone would be getting back to me on how to return the chairs and to date I still have not heard from anyone. I am appalled at their business practices when clearly they made a mistake and to think they would make the customer pay for their mistake is sickening.

We received the cabinet very quickly and in good condition. It is a handsome piece of furniture. It did take the two of us a few hours to assemble, however, we enjoyed doing it together. It was a little tricky to decide the drawer slide positions with the unit turned on its top.

Although I do love the ceiling light I feel it is overpriced! There are pieces of the covering of the light that are loose! It was not packaged well and even though it had a dent on it I decided to keep it. Not sure I would buy it again!

So Cymax did what they said. Sent me the TV stand I ordered. It arrived when they said and it was packed quite securely. It arrived in good condition. The product, however, left a little to be desired. The instructions were terrible and in parts, even incorrect. A couple parts did not fit as they should. Not sure I would purchase this again even though it does look very nice.

Factual basis uncertain

Cabinet is OK. But it is made out of pressed wood! I hate this stuff! It is very heavy. It is ruined by water. And looks cheap! I would have been willing to pay more for this cabinet made of lumber core wood. It would have been worth the difference as it would have been lighter, looked better when painted, and held up much better to water. What a shame!

Easy ordering online. We were worried because we never got to see the furniture in person. Best price--we did a lot of research. Fast shipping--it only took a few days. Easy assembly. Don't go too fast. Read the instructions carefully. We are very happy with this purchase!

I ordered the item because I had used Cymax once before and was please with the items and how quickly it was shipped. I was happy to find a cart with solid wood. It's very nice looking but was somewhat difficult to put together. One piece was broken when we pulled it out of the box and have called for a replacement on that part. But am very pleased with my new kitchen cart!

I love the product. It is really sturdy and the design fits our room. The material used is awesome. I also like how it was divided. This something I would really recommend if you are looking for quality yet affordable wardrobe. I'm just so happy with it.

Super fast delivery. Love the end result of the desk assembled. However, it was a bear to assemble. Due to the size and the horrible directions I recruited a couple of mechanical type guys to assist. It took them 6 hours to assemble this desk. They stated the directions were horrible and did not appear to be accurate. It turned out great. I doubt I would of done it by myself. The best thing we did was to put small sliders on the bottoms boards to make it easy to get into place after assembling. It was hard to flip over when it was time, but they got it done. I love the large work area and it's just what I need for my home office. Looks great, just a bear to assemble. If the directions would of been better I would of given it 5 stars.

Hi Colleen,

Just to cap this off. We were able to provide you with the replacements you required to complete the unit you purchased. We truly hope you feel we corrected the issue as best and as quickly as we could. Hopefully you feel all has been rectified at this point.

Cymax Customer Support

Original review: Sept. 20, 2016

Do not deal with Cymax if you care about your purchase or your money. I am now the proud owner of 1/2 of a dining table. The glass top was broken in transit. FedEx advised Cymax they could not deliver it. That was mid-August. I have called customer service four times over the weeks just hoping to get a shipping date or something. They just don't care. I am beyond angry. My next move will be consumer protection. After that, my attorney.

Cymax Stores USA Company Profile