toll free

toll free
Call now for more information

Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Consumer Increased Rating!

Following a previously bad experience with another furniture retailer I gave Cymax a try. My first order with them went without a hitch, but the second was a nightmare! I ordered a desk from them on March 7th after another company failed to do so. On the 12th I obtained another desk, to which I verified that the status of my order in the Cymax system was still "In Process", so I canceled the order. The following day against their own "Cancellation Policy" I was notified by automated email that the desk shipped. Their policy states that I was supposed to be notified that either my cancellation was rejected or accepted (I never received any notice to either).

Following the tracking number to FedEx, I contacted FedEx to return to sender. They notated it in their system and even wrote a note on the door with the tracking number to return the item. In the meantime I was in talks with Cymax about the cancellation, they refused to fully refund me and stated that they had to follow their "Return Policy" mostly in fault because they are a "drop-ship company" and it's not their fault their system takes 2-3 days to update. So let me get this straight even though I canceled before the item was marked shipped in their own system, 'according to Cymax CS reps' this is my fault?? They stated I was to pay $27.82 for the original shipping to me and $27.82 for the return shipping. Wait wasn't shipping listed as free on their website?

After a back and forth I mulled over these fines. That night I received a call that FedEx delivered the desk even after all my notices. I called Cymax the next day, now with a desk I canceled and with $56 in fees to return. Furious I told them I did everything possible to prevent this. Cymax proceeded to add on additional fees for the return... a $65 pick up fee, $46 return label fee, and $27.82 for the original shipping (total $138+). This turns out to be more than the desk originally cost! Really avoid doing any business with this company. I'll be seeking to dispute this charge and somehow find a way to get this desk back the company that really shipped it to me (probably out of my own pocket)...

Early September of 2016 I bought a power recliner from Cymax through Walmart. I received it on September 15. It was for my elderly, frail mother who has heart valve disease, COPD, bad knees, and other ailments. As soon as I got the chair I built plugged it in. She sat in it and it worked for a good 15 minutes. That's it, I have contacted them. They sent me a new remote control and transformer box twice, but what I requested was the relay box. In close to 6 months the chair has worked maybe 1 month. That's it, and that is changing the cables and reconnecting everything. Very disappointed. No warranty. 484.00 dollars. No recline or lift power.

Hello Theresa,

Thank you for your time and attention to this matter, although we truly do apologize for the timeframes involved in resolving the matters at hand.

I am happy we were able to speak today to address your concerns and able to come to a quick resolution in order to close the issue out.

I really hope that you felt that I listened to your complaints accordingly and addressed them with the best answers I could provide.

We genuinely care about our customers and hope you feel that as well.

Cymax Customer Support

Original review: Feb. 8, 2017

On December 3, 2016 I placed an order for two desks and a file cabinet for an office re-do project. We received all in separate shipments (which was fine). The file cabinet was the only thing not damaged. We received on December 17th. On December 20th I notified customer service of the damage. After taking pictures and several emails I was told by Cymax "Customer Service" that the Manufacturer had approved the replacement. Both desks had the exact two pieces damaged - however the manufacturer sent only one set. I made several calls to "customer service." I was told that they would contact the manufacturer to request the parts - but that they had no control over when they were sent out, etc. (But let me assure you, they charged my American Express as soon as I ordered.)

Well here we are, today is February 8th. I still have no desk - they have not once emailed me to follow up nor contacted me by phone. It is very hard for me to believe I am the only one this has happened to, however this is what they claim. I will be handling this through my purchase protection with American Express, as well as all other avenues I have access to. I spoke yesterday with an "Alesha **" who told me I would be charged to return the merchandise - since one desk was intact. (I ordered two to match. Not going to work for me.) Either way they have no intention of making this right. Just be careful, if you are fortunate enough to have your merchandise delivered intact, you will most likely be ok - but if anything is wrong, you will not get any help here. I'm betting this never shows up under their reviews.

Factual basis uncertain

I ordered a mirror and a dresser from Walmart.com from this site. It had stated it was a reduced price if $123, so I purchased it the first chance I got. It came within 5 days of ordering. Fedex dropped it off, and I came to realize it was just a mirror. The mirror didn't even match the measurement that the mirror that came with the dresser should have been.

I contacted the company, and they claim it was a "listing error" on the Walmart website, and there was nothing they could do. I could either keep the mirror and get a 25% credit back (and spend that credit on the dresser I should have gotten) or I could return it and get a full refund and have to buy another dresser, even though I thought I already did. The company has not been cooperate in anything besides telling me there is nothing they can do. I've been in contact with them for over a week and I'm not sure what the end game will be here. I just wanted my dresser. I have proven what I purchased and the company is still refusing to give me what I paid for.

Factual basis uncertain

Just over one year after delivery, the metal frame broke, causing recliner to malfunction. Contacted Cymax and eventually received a reply. They contacted the manufacturer. Instead of receiving a replacement chair, they sent me the two frame parts, not assembled! I am supposed to pull the old one and pull all the springs and reassemble/reinstall the reclining mechanism. Unbelievable! Never again, Cymax!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cymax Stores USA?

Hello,

Thank you for your review though we are sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your order and/or the service provided.

One of our mediation agents has contacted you either by phone or by email in an attempt to resolve any outstanding issues.

Cymax Customer Support

Original review: Jan. 30, 2017

We received the TV Cart on time and we liked it. I spent 2 hours putting it together. After that my wife noticed a 3 inch crack on the top board. Now I can't disassemble it to send it back. I don't know what is the solution. The box it came is now broken and you tell what to do.

Needed to replace old home office furniture. Ordered items based on quality, price and reviews. Items arrived quickly, in good condition and ready to assemble.

Took several hours to assemble all pieces but did so by myself and everything went well. Very pleased with the appearance and quality of the items. Will order from seller again when need arises.

His desk is very well put together, the instructions are very clear and easy to follow. This product is sturdy and looks amazing. I would definitely recommend this product to all my friends and family. I will definitely order from this company again. Thank you.

Cymax offers great choices to solve our home office problem. With only having limited space to work, they had many innovative solutions for us to choose from at the lowest price anywhere. We are very happy and satisfied with our options and our choice.

Ordered 4 drawer file cabinet and arrived early, but as other individuals have noted it came with 2 dents one large and one small, too much trouble to send back. I'll just have to deal with it. So sad.

Wooden table with shelves and one door. Very nice but takes a lot of time to put together. Appears to be very sturdy and like the storage shelves for paper and misc other items. Color description is very good and the instructions are excellent.

Cymax Customer Support

Original review: Jan. 5, 2017

The couch is ok. Pretty and comfortable. Kinda cheap. The couch is not the problem. It's the company you deal with called Cymax. I purchased the sofa, it came very dirty and somewhat damaged. They messed up my initial order. It wasn't placed. Then I waited additional time for a reorder. When I got it, it was filthy on the arms. Some nicks in the woodwork. I accepted their offer to keep the sofa for a credit and I would clean it. It's been 4 months since original order. I cleaned the delivery truck filth off the arms and one side. Cymax didn't credit me back as they said they would 3 separate times. Don't buy from this company. This is not a one time thing. I also ordered a chair w/ ottoman. Chair arrived damaged. Ottoman not at all. Had to wait for them to ship ottoman. I missed work each time so I could be home for delivery window. JUST SAVE YOURSELF THE HASSLE. GO SOMEWHERE ELSE.

Cymax Customer Support

Original review: Jan. 4, 2017

I ordered the captioned product from this company via Amazon. Upon opening the partially damaged cartons (very cheap packing materials and thin gauge cardboard) I discovered two back panels were damaged and the hardware (some missing) was very cheap. Once assembled, however, the doors did not close completely. The company's agent delayed a month or more after suggesting a replacement from pictures he asked me to supply. Today he wrote that hardware could be sent, but the defective unit wouldn't be replaced. AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS!

Perfect height and very easy to put together. My granddaughter put together 1 of them herself. Shipping and delivery was fast. Exactly what I was looking for. Not heavy or bulky and I can put them under the table when not in use. Perfect for a smaller kitchen.

Cymax Customer Support

Original review: Dec. 29, 2016

We ordered a vanity and mirror - delivery date: 12/13-12/27. We got an email saying just the mirror was backordered. When the vanity didn't come we tried calling with no answer the first three times! Finally we were told that, without asking us, they held the vanity to wait for the mirror! We can't finish the bathroom that we're waiting to move into without it. Who would do that?! I've ordered many things online and I've never had this happen! It's completely unacceptable! My husband is in hold forever to find out he's speaking to a salesperson person who can't help us and now they're not sending our furniture until 1/31. Our bathroom is in the basement until then! I will never use this company again and plan on passing this along.

Updated on 02/01/2017: They said they would call us back, repeatedly, and never contacted us regarding whether or not they were going to be able to send us this vanity ASAP. So - we waited for 1/31, which was when it was supposed to be shipped with the back ordered mirror. That date came and went and still no email - nothing. Today, 2/1, my husband called them and they said that now they are not able to ship the item at all!!! Not only do we not have a vanity, now, but they never even bothered to call and let us know. This is, easily, one of the very worst experiences I have ever had with any company! If I could give them no stars, I would have.

Cymax Customer Support

Original review: Dec. 27, 2016

I ordered a dining table in October. Then I kept checking to see when it would be arriving. Each time I looked, the date moved farther out. I placed numerous phone calls to see what was going on. I could not get a definitive answer. Finally, I asked for a supervisor because I was so frustrated. She was going to check with the company. Next thing I know I receive a cancelation notice just before Xmas. Really? After all this time, CYMAX bothered to check with the company. Therefore, I had no table for the holidays. My account now says the table will be coming after January 5th even though it has been cancelled. VERY POOR customer service.

The item we ordered was shipped very fast and came in perfect condition. The quality was very good and assembly very easy. Once assembled I was impressed with the quality of the entertainment center. My big issue came during the ordering process. I was searching specifically for a stand that would work for my 60" tv. I checked the correct boxes for exactly what I was looking for and I chose the tv stand based on its design within the results. After receiving the stand I noticed on the box that it is rated for only a 47" tv... I realize I should have double checked the item but when you fill in the proper search filters, the results should match what you are looking for! It sucks that I have a great looking piece but it's not what I was looking for or wanted. I will buy again but will be more diligent in what I click to buy because there is a flaw in their filter parameters.

Ordered our office desk through Home Square as they had by far the best prices. Easy to order and it arrived VERY quickly. Very satisfied with the product and company, and would highly recommend to anyone thinking of shopping there. Exceptional shopping experience.

Table arrived in a very timely manner. It was just what we expected. Looks great in our new room. This transaction was like the others from Cymax. We have ordered two or three other pieces. Each time the process has been great.

Ordering was very easy. Lots of choices to pick from. Wanted a nice black desk and there were many to view and decide which one I wanted. Found one I liked. No tax and free FedEx delivery. Delivered in two days. Very impressed and highly recommended!

Resolution response: Dec. 31, 2016

Now that I have received the table, I love it and Cymax has apologized and given me an added discount. In this day and age most companies would not do that. I truly would recommend this company because of their integrity. Mistakes happen!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2016

Purchased a table online through Sears from Cymax furniture company. Purchased it almost one month ago. Have not received it yet. When I called Cymax to inquire about it, they did not respond or help me. They took my money, but no table. $498.00. I am planning on also filing a claim with the Better Business Bureau.

Desk comes in two big boxes. Manual was very easy to understand and read. Desk was very easy to assemble. The desk is heavy duty and well built. It looks really nice & not cheap looking. I'm well pleased with the desk. I would buy from them again!

Factual basis uncertain

I wanted to make it sure I would receive the products before a certain date, so I contacted the customer service in advance. The representative told me that what I wanted to order will be delivered within 5-7 days. So, I placed an order online. A week later, I still did not see any updates on my order status online, so I called the customer service again. I was told that they would check the status. Next day, I just received an email saying my items were shipped. That is great, but that means my order was not shipped for 6 business days... Of course I could not receive the items, and they were shipped back to them.

I tried to communicate with the customer service a couple of times to solve the issue after I found out that my order was delayed, but they were all unreliable, giving me whatever information, just like the first representative who told me that my order will be delivered in a week. They refunded me after deducting the shipping and restocking fee, which was about $300. I will never use Cymax, and I would not recommend them if you want to avoid any possible issue. There are too many other good places to shop.

Very pleased with this furniture. It looks great. Would give it five stars but after unpacking the pieces I found one small internal piece had broken off and I had to rescrew and glue it. Time consuming to construct but easy with good instruction book and the pieces were clearly marked. It looks great and the frame is very sturdy. Had to unpack it downstairs because of the weight and assemble in the room it was purchased for upstairs.

I ordered my chair online easily and received the chair in a week and a half. The chair instructions were easy to read and understand and the chair was easy to put together. The chair I ordered was the Flash Furniture High Back Mesh Swivel Office Chair in Black.

This tv stand was exactly what we needed. It really helped organize everything and bring the room together. It is now the focal point of the room, as it should be, and tall enough to see the tv from anywhere in the room, even if I'm completely reclined in the recliner.

Office Star ProGrid High Back Managers Office Chair with 5 level. Very sturdy computer/office chair, easy to assemble, comfortable for long hour sitting, reasonable shipping time. After couple days, it seems that the price dropped. It is worth the cost. I need some refund. Thanks for the good product and service.

Hello Frederick,

I'm very happy we were able to come to an end solution by providing you with return labels and the issue of a full refund.

We were able to have a positive conversation today in regards to how I will follow up with some of the errors that occurred which I am sure will improve our service moving forward.

I thank you very much for your time and hope that you have a happy holiday and a Happy New Year ahead.

Cymax Customer Support!

Original review: Nov. 25, 2016

I ordered a product and three days later received an email stating the product was discontinued and asking if I wanted a substitute. I declined and ordered the product from another vendor. Almost a week later my account was charged for the product. I contacted Cymax who now said the product was in fact still available but would cancel the order and I would receive a credit notice in 24 to 48 hours. I have all of the emails. 4 days later I received a notice saying the product shipped on the 21st and I could keep for a 5 percent credit or I would have to pay return fees. I contacted Cymax well before the 21st. This was not my mistake and I would like my account credited in full.

Resolution response: Jan. 8, 2017

I initially wrote a review for Cymax over a product I was unhappy with and the initial contact over the return policy. I am rewriting to give their Customer Service Department 5 stars. I spoke with Travis who even around the holidays kept in contact / trying to contact me to resolve the issue. This alone warrants a good review. However, Travis went above and beyond in trying to make sure I was satisfied to the best of his ability when everything was said and done.

Original review: Nov. 23, 2016

This company is a total shame! I bought a sofa and loveseat set for $700 that looked very nice in the pictures online. Once the products arrived I was EXTREMELY disappointed. The couches were much smaller than they appeared in their pictures, there was also a small tear in the fabric underneath of the couch. I sat on the loveseat and found it very uncomfortable and that I took up almost the entire thing. (I am 5'11'' 225.)

I called to complain about the misleading advertising and they said they were happy for me to return the items. I get the paperwork after 3 days (of the 15 you are given to return the products) and they are charging almost $200 for a re-stocking fee. Are you kidding me!? What a trash company, and I pity anyone who buys anything from this place.

Tv stand unit was extremely easy to put together. It took me about 30 minutes that included unpacking. I would recommend this site to anyone. What color could've been a little lighter but it's exactly what I ordered. The doors and everything fit great. Just enough room between the shelves for the wires to go from the top down. All in all very, very nice unit.

Cymax Stores USA Company Profile