4.01/5
Based on 1,679 ratings

Looking for a good furniture store?

Cymax Stores USA

Cymax Stores USA is your one stop shop for home and office furniture. We carry cheap and affordable as well as high quality and solid wood pieces for your living room, dining, bedroom, office and more.

We are one of the Top 200 E-tailers worldwide and was nominated by the Internet Retailer as one of the Hot 100 2010 Best Retail Websites.

Simply put – we sell furniture, with over 250,000 products for home and office furniture and décor

We are dedicated to provide you a great selection of home and office furniture at affordable prices.

Cymax Stores USA reviews products from many different manufacturers to bring you great styles that suit every taste and style!

View More View More

Looking for a good furniture store?

1801 Cymax Stores USA Consumer Reviews

Original review: May 13, 2019

This company is horrible!! I ordered a table and chairs. 2 days after my order I received an email that the product had shipped. I contacted the carrier to track my order to be informed that they tried to pick up my order but Cymax did not release it to them. It is now a month later and I still have not recieved my order and neither has the carrier. I tried to contact customer service at Cymax and they only communicate via email. Multiple emails sent by me but still no response, so I have no idea where my shipment is!

Original review: April 24, 2019

Purchased high end wicker ($1600) patio set with aluminum frame. Order arrived a month late. Table arrived damaged. Within first month three legs broke off sectional couch. Cymax refused to replace table. The frame and legs rusted shortly after breaking. Turns out the tack welds failed. The frame is actually powder coated steel. Cymax refused to accept a return because I could not repack in original shipping boxes. Purchased on Amazon. They refused to honor their A-Z refund policy. Can you say fraud.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2019

I order barstools, 2 separate orders, a total of 5 barstools in February 2019. None of them work and I have been e-mailing since March 1, 2019. I did not receive an acknowledgment of my first e-mail. On March 4, 2019, I called the number for sales so that I could at least speak to a person. I was told it takes 5-7 business days but I would be contacted. I e-mailed again on March 11 basically begging for assistance. I emailed again tonight. I am 2 time zones away and it is hard to connect by phone but I will try calling sales again tomorrow. After reading reviews on customer service, I fear that I will not hear from anyone until the time for returns has passed. I will lose more than $500 from this experience. I will not be ordering again.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Ordered a hurricane candle holder. Paid extra for faster shipping. Then was told the day before arriving that they are contacting the manufacturer to see where it is. So I order from them, for them to get it from the manufacturer and to pay extra for shipping when they never had the item to begin with?

Original review: March 5, 2019

I ordered an end table online and after inputting my method of payment I received an error message saying payment couldn’t be processed. So I used another card and received the same error message. But when I checked my accounts both posted with payments. When I called customer service they insisted that they had no payment whatsoever, we’re incredibly rude, insisted I had bent a sofa from them (which I didn’t) then hung up on me. The WORST racket ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cymax Stores USA?

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

The six Flash Furniture chairs I ordered from CYMAX were delivered February 14th as expected. They were packaged together on a pallet, with NO carton damage. No chair damage either. We are extremely pleased with the Big & Tall Leather Swivel Office Chairs in Black!!! From what I understand, they were pretty easy to put together, There were no missing parts and the directions were clear. The chairs are really comfortable and have all the various options we were looking for, especially the back recline.

The CYMAX Rep we worked with, (John **), suggested this particular model chair. There were so many chairs on their website to select from, we did have a difficult time choosing. John was very helpful in answering questions about other chairs we thought about purchasing. But his suggestion of this Flash Furniture chair was right on! The chairs are very attractive and easily adjusted to the various sized personnel that will be using them. The CYMAX Rep was so right about their comfort! I really appreciated his assistance. I would not hesitate to do business with John and CYMAX again, and also to recommend CYMAX to others.

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

I purchased an ottoman where Cymax was the seller of an Abbyson Frankfurt Flip-Top Ottoman. I take receipt. I missed a 30 day window to return, but I ordered while my home was being remodeled and kept it in a safe dry place till I could open it when it would not be damaged. It's beautiful furniture, but it does not work with the couch we have. I asked to return it and have gotten nothing back other than it's 30 days and that's it. It was open for 2 hours. I offered to pay a restocking fee and the return shipping. No live contact, "We don't care." That's it. "Can't help you."

Funny thing was I called Abbyson and they offered me a $100 credit. The sad part was when they heard it was Cymax they could not go through with this offer. What happened to customer service, and like Joss and Main on their 30 day return policy? They said "Yes it's 30 days, but we want you to love what you buy and we'll work with you." Now that's customer service. Cymax could care less about their customer base and emails to VPoperations@cymax.com just came back with "You have our policy." Wow. Don't make any mistakes with Cymax because they just don't care.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2019

I placed an order on 11/26/18 for a bed which was back ordered til Dec 20th. I did mind waiting since it was a great price and was not in stock anywhere else. I received an email saying it was going to get pushed back 'til Jan 4th. No big deal. Again got an email around Jan 20th saying it was going to get pushed back once again. I went and contacted their customer service email which is the only option since there is no phone support. I waited 4 days for a response which stated they had no idea when they would be getting this item in stock and I could either wait or cancel order. I decided to just wait it out.

Last Thursday I noticed they had them in stock and so I called and spoke to a salesperson who stated they had 14 in stock, I should be getting it shipped out soon. No response from the email I sent to confirm shipment or that item I had in stock. 4 Days later it was still showing in stock and still no shipment. Called again Monday and was told they have 10 in stock. Tuesday it shows back ordered again. Wednesday it's back up and still no response nor ship date. BY FAR THE WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH! STICK WITH REPUTABLE VENDORS. STAY AWAY!!!

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

If you have a customer service inquiry they will only handle via email even if you order directly through them. They are unresponsive to emails. Order placed 12/11. Not yet released to shipping company almost 1 month later. When emailed requesting status was advised to contact the shipping carrier. Shipping carrier had no idea why we were told to contact them as the item has not been released to them to ship. Shipping company has reached out 3 times to Cymax for status and they cannot get a status as well. Do not recommend.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Ordered new bedroom furniture from Cymax 11/20; NO delivery tracking communication AT ALL, received 12/18. Mirror is severely smashed and Cymax will not respond to requests for replacement. Shipping company does not deal with damage and only allows 15 days to report. Should have heeded the warnings on ConsumerAffairs! Don't be fooled by Cymax. Buy locally; you'll be a LOT happier.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

This company is horrible! They offer free shipping because they have no idea when your items will ship, I placed an order on Dec 23rd and shipping was estimated to ship between Dec 24th-26th. They charged me immediately then emailed me on the 27th advising items still haven't shipped and they would let me know when they do. They refunded my card and in the mean time found the same exact products on a different site that was cheaper and my items have already arrived or on their way after I cancelled my order with Cymax. In the meantime, they charged my card AGAIN then emailed saying my order had been cancelled and expect a refund within 7-10 days. Will never shop this site again! Horrible service and deceiving shipment details are provided. Do yourself a favor and shop somewhere else!

Original review: Nov. 27, 2018

Table arrived in early August badly damaged. The box had been previously damaged and taped back up. Requested return. Never heard back on return pick up. One day 5 months later FedEx shows up for a pick up, could not tell me who or what. Completely forgot the defective table was sitting in my garage. Got a nasty email from Cymax after hearing nothing for 5 months that I refused pick up. Told them a return pick up date since I would be out of town. Well FedEx came while I was gone. What a hassle dealing with Cymax!

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

I ordered a console table which was delivered with damage on the corner and top of table. After jumping through hoops to return the defective item I find out that they NEVER received my return, even though I have a tracking number from UPS which even gives the precise date, time, dock the item was delivered to AND the gentleman named, Ahmad, whom signed for the package at their facility. I called the 1-800 number provided on their site only to find that the only way to have communication with this company is by email.

SO, I wrote them an email inquiring about the status of my return. Cymax finally contacted me several weeks later requesting information about the damaged item, the tracking number, address the table was returned to and pictures of the damaged item. I gathered all of the requested documents and sent them immediately. I HAVE NEVER HEARD BACK! Cymax clearly doesn't have the proper problem solving skills needed for customer service. Thankfully I made my purchase through Google Express and they assured me that they would take care this issue. I would NOT recommend Cymax.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

39 days to deliver a desk and during the whole process I wasn't given any updates or tracking information. They are very difficult to get ahold of and customer service is terrible. Stay away from Cymax!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

I bought a filing cabinet. In person the color seemed off and it was very flimsy. I wanted to return it. It was not damaged in any way. Back and forth for weeks. Well me emailing them mostly. For every 5 emails to them I would get 1 back saying sorry. I asked for this to be escalated to a manager. They completely ignored my request. After multiple emails from me They said the manufacturer return time frame had expired. To which I told them they did on purpose. Wasted time until I could no longer return. They have cost me money, time and added lots of stress. The product I bought was horrible in quality and the customer service was one of the worst I have ever experienced in my life. Beware. Do not buy from this company.

Original review: Oct. 10, 2018

I ordered furniture from Cymax. It arrived defective. After many emails, I had to pay for return shipping and a restocking fee in order to get half of my $709 back. This was a horrible, and expensive, experience.

Original review: Sept. 29, 2018

I purchased a patio set for my house 3 months ago. All customer service is done by email and they take a week to reply. And what do they do? Well... nothing at all. I don't know how this business is still running.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2018

We ended up getting an invoice from a carrier and they said that Freight Club (Cymax) was past due and would not deliver unless we paid collect. The rate was 4x higher so we cancelled the order with Cymax/Freight Club/Walmart. This company seems to be on the outs and with all the negative reviews, please do not trust them. Horrible customer service and they never respond to emails. Walmart should not be advertising them at all. It may be that they are crumbling anyway but do not trust this company!

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

Customer service is the worst and no refund! My order was scheduled for June 7, didn’t receive until July 24! Had to call and bug them to track the order down, it gets worst, the order was incomplete, missing assembly parts! So now I have a table with no legs propped against my wall, taking up my dining room! Emailed several times to try to have parts shipped, but Cymax just ignores emails. And Amazon is no help. For something that cost so much.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

I bought a end table on their website. They have a phone number on the home page. I needed to cancel the order. Phone number is for NEW orders only. Existing orders must be done by email. Long story short, they shipped the table before answering my email and then said, "Oh Well".

Original review: July 25, 2018

I purchased bowery hill twin metal daybed through Walmart.com unaware that purchase was through 3rd party. After over 30-35 days, bed started to bend inwards. I contacted Walmart and they stated I needed to go through Walmart.com. I then contacted Walmart.com and they stated I would get email with instructions on how to return the bed. I receive an email 1 week later stating I needed to call back. I called and they connected me to the 3rd party vendor Cymax Stores who has horrible customer service! They stated I had gone over the 30 day limit and I could not return bed.

I asked to speak to a supervisor and I was told supervisors don’t take calls! I was now getting directed to the vendor! This has been a horrible frustrating experience that began with Walmart and ended with Cymax Stores! Never will I ever purchase anything through Walmart.com when they can’t guarantee products they are selling on their website. Very disappointed with the experience and runaround I received!

Original review: July 21, 2018

Ordered 3 kitchen stools. Immediately after assembling, one leg cracked and had to be replaced. Cymax washed their hands, and pushed the replacement fulfillment back to the manufacturer. Within three weeks, another leg on a second stool cracked in exactly the same spot. The manufacturer replaced this as well. However, we pointed to an obvious structural defect, which the manufacturer essentially acknowledged. When we asked to return the stools and get a refund, Cymax totally washed their hands of the matter. Luckily, we had paid using Amazon Pay, which contacted Cymax and suggested they needed to make it right with their "mutual customer". Never heard a word from Cymax. They went completely silent. This company cannot be trusted to stand behind what they sell. Suggest you buy elsewhere.

Original review: July 2, 2018

Where do I even begin? This place is everything customer service should not be. THIS PLACE IS A SCAM. I am certain that they stay in business because customers either do not receive their furniture or it is shipped damaged and they charge you half when you are mad about their mistake. People don't want to deal with the hassle and take what they can get and the company profits without having to do anything except upset customers. In addition the number of companies involved for one order is absurd.

The chain of companies are in order of ordering to destination (if it ever comes-in our case not at all) include: Amazon (the marketplace), Cymax (the seller), Enitial (the pickup shipper), Watkins & Shepard (the provided tracking info), Lodesto (the linking agency/consignee), Fine Line (the Consignee and linkee from Lodesto to Cymax with its own tracking number - unlisted - and the final location in which our furniture is being held hostage until "a hold is lifted").

My significant other ordered bedroom furniture with Cymax through Amazon on May 30th 2018. The tracking number for the shipment was through a company called Watkins & Shepard. The order was shipped from CA at 7:40 pm on June 1st and arrived in New Jersey at 5:35 am June 6th. The ending location is approx 45 minutes from the destination location - our home. On the Watkins tracking website it provides delivery info (a consignee located in NJ) "Lodeso Fine Line Delivery Service and a pickup info (shipper located in CA) "Enitial Lab." The appointment date is for June 7th 2018. You can imagine how efficient we believed this company to be. However, we were not aware that the consignee company was anything but a local Watkins location/branch and that either they took the order or that they were the shipping company. We were just happy that the furniture was scheduled to arrive in a timely manner. WE WERE DEAD WRONG!!!

We received an email claiming that they needed a different contact phone number because they were unsuccessful reaching us. However, they had no problem emailing us this information pertaining to a phone number but not the reason for the need to contact us to begin with. We were told by the company that if we did not reply in "x" amount of days that we would be charged. The initial cost of our furniture was $1437.59 and they stated that they would charge us $359.58 for a restock fee and $319.58 for return shipping; that would result in a refund of only $758.61. That calculates to a $678.98 loss.

*Please note that people do not check their email every day. Also note that we planned to receive the furniture without needing to be in contact with them. No other company thus far has ever done this with us. My husband is disabled and cannot speak. He has a stoma and he can only speak in a whisper and that enables him to communicate on the phone. Unless he is prepared to be receiving contact via email it is not a priority to constantly check it... again... who expects a company to email you if you have a tracking number and have the verifiable information at your fingertips. Point being, the tracking number stated tracking info and consignees and shipping companies other than the tracking number issuer isn't relevant. Or so I thought.

I was unsuccessful reaching anyone for assistance. Even though Watkins was the "shipper/tracking" info provided to us we could not contact them - as we were under the informed assumption that our furniture was there and that I may find out what happened with our stuff. I left messages and called several times with no response over a 4-5 day period; until I finally called Cymax. Cymax was even worse... And they are the selling company. The only department that you can reach is sales. I spoke with a man named Kenny. He was rude and arrogant. He said he could not put me on with a manager, refused to give me an employee ID # or any kind of identifying information.

I will be completely honest. I lost it and cursed at him - all the while apologizing that I was cursing and yelling and that I understood that he was an employee and it isn't his fault but rather it is the company's fault. I went as far to tell him to quit and run while he can. The reason for the initial call is that we expected the furniture to be here on the 7th. I tried to contact Watkins when it didn't arrive. Shortly after we received an email stating to that they (Cymax) were sorry to inform us but our furniture was LOST. LOST? WTF DO YOU MEAN LOST? So that prompted the call to Watkins and to Cymax.

NO ONE HELPED from either company. We never wanted to cancel... We wanted our furniture but he was mad and emailed and they canceled our order after "losing" it and claiming it could take another 30 days to find and ship. I then decided to call this Fine Line Company that was on Watkins tracking page. Turns out they are located 20 minutes away from each other and have a diff tracking number. WTH. They couldn't take it 20 minutes more to us and had to involve now a 3rd party is beyond me... But they did. So now we have an order # and 2 tracking numbers and 3 companies.

The woman Krystal at Fine Line was an absolute sweetheart and had excellent customer service etiquette. She listened to this mess and went and checked and verified that our furniture was indeed being held at their warehouse. I was then informed that the furniture could not be delivered until the company lifted a hold. She gave me the phone number for what I've been calling their "agent company." This is a middle company. I've viewed it like a temp agent and Fine Line is the temp and Cymax was the employer and Lodeso was the Temp agency. So I called Lodeso and spoke with a kind and understanding gentleman there by the name of Steven who said I would receive a call from the accounts manager after she contacted Cymax to lift the hold.

No one called me back so I spoke to them today and the customer service rep wouldn't transfer me to the accounts manager and said the notes stated that they did not reach Cymax). The manager at Lodeso couldn't reach anyone at Cymax either---and Cymax is their customer. I would answer the phone to gain more business from an agent but apparently they do not care. After Lodeso claimed they were unable to contact anyone I hung up and called myself. I selected another option for directory and typed in Kenny's name and was transferred to him.

He claimed there was again no manager, that he couldn't transfer me to the initial internet salesman and so-on. He just kept saying that if there is a problem that I need to contact the marketplace which is Amazon. And that is what I did. One of the supervisors there is going to conduct an investigation and if the Cymax doesn't refund us the money then they will as part of their customer guarantee. So the moral here is --- DO NOT DEAL WITH CYMAX - whether it be independently or through a marketplace. The handful of positive reviews they have does not compare to the disappointments. And please be mindful that if you read the positive reviews that they rarely receive: it was due to a wrong that they made right to make themselves look good. They should be shut down immediately.

Original review: April 25, 2018

HORRIFYING - PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE!!! The stock photos & reviews they show on their site are fake. If you order from here they will send you something that looks nothing like what you order, and that weighs double what they advertise (and then blame the manufacturer). There is also NO NUMBER TO CALL, the only way you can get in contact with them is through email (and it takes 5 business days to even get a response out of them). Insanely unprofessional, rude, and embarrassing. I attached the image of what they were selling on their site versus what should have actually been delivered versus what I got - what a joke.

Original review: March 21, 2018

Ordered 2 TV consoles. One is perfect, the other has a door that does not close. I have sent e-mails. Got 1 response that they needed more info. That was 2 weeks ago. They do not take phone calls! I wish I had seen these reviews prior to ordering. I would never ordered from this company. The replacement part is labeled “G”.

Original review: March 17, 2018

I ordered an entertainment center, I received it, package was partially open, 75% of contents were broken, tried to call Cymax to no avail, emailed them, no answer, I am out nearly $400.00 dollars, I will never order from Cymax again.

Original review: March 12, 2018

A desk was ordered on 1/8 with their company. I went through a lot of time and effort with the salesmen to make sure the size and color were exactly what I wanted. When it arrived it was in a million pieces to put together. Once it was put together and brought to my office I immediately noticed it is the wrong color. I have been going back and forth with the salesperson and the VP and still can't get this resolved. They said first they were going to pick up and donate, then they said the manufacturer says there is nothing wrong with the color where you can clearly see it is not Mahogany but Cherry. The VP gets involved, I then get an email they are going to provide me a credit on 2/20 and they would send me the return labels. Then they fell off the face of the earth. Repeatedly tried to reach them. Now the VP responds saying on 3/6 they still don't have an update yet? Seriously. Get this rectified. Bad business all around.

Original review: March 6, 2018

I ordered an ottoman that was supposed to be Cocoa brown. It is grey. I have tried to contact the company about returning it to no avail. It took awhile to even get here. They don't respond to emails and there is NO phone customer service. Lesson learned. Won't buy anything through this company in the future.

Original review: March 1, 2018

I ordered a couch for my apartment on Friday. The following THURSDAY, I receive an email saying that my order was cancelled. I tried to contact customer service, but their phone number says that “they’ve recently rerouted all customer service calls to email.” So, that’s irritating. I’m having to email a robot to get a response. Anyways, I selected a different option over the phone in order to finally talk to a person. The second I try to figure out what was wrong (and why my couch was cancelled & why it’s only going to delay me getting furniture for my apartment...) the female customer service agent was instantaneously rude and arrogant. She didn’t care about my situation and didn’t offer me any sympathy or compensation... She was just very cross and pretty bad at her job. If you’re in the CUSTOMER SERVICE industry, shouldn’t you be a nicer person to your CUSTOMERS? I wasn’t more irritated by her tone and attitude than my cancelled order.

Anyways, I was told that my couch order was cancelled due to me not answering my phone for “credit card verification.” My phone was stolen from me and therefore I can’t answer it. Why wasn’t there an attempt at contacting me a different way before cancelling my order? Like over email which is where I received my order confirmation in the first place!! Good luck running a company with poor customer service reps and bad policies. Very disappointed and I DO NOT recommend this company at all!

Original review: March 1, 2018

On 11/16/17 I received my lift top coffee table model 41444 from Home Square Cymax store. It came with damaged parts. I emailed the company requesting a refund. They offered free parts. When I received the part I put the table together. Then I noticed that I had to continuously push the table together to put the cam dowels back in the hole to the wood. Not only that every day I would have to flip the table around and tighten the hidden cams all the time. I called within my warranty period and requested a refund again!!! The customer service was extremely poor, and rude. I never received my refund. I am very disappointment in the product and customer service. I would never purchase anything from this store again and my friends, family and co-workers will hear about this as well.

Cymax Stores USA expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Members can conveniently browse thousands of furnishings for commercial offices, restaurants and bars, plus churches and temples. Their wide selection makes it easy to navigate many products very quickly.

• Prices: Factory-direct discount prices on top industry brands.

• Delivery: Free shipping on most purchases.

• Returns: Free returns.

• Taxes: No sales tax (except for Virginia).

• Warranty: Manufacturer’s warranty available for most items.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs