3.9/5 (2546 ratings)

About Cymax Stores USA

Cymax Stores USA is your one stop shop for home and office furniture. We carry cheap and affordable as well as high quality and solid wood pieces for your living room, dining, bedroom, office and more.

We are one of the Top 200 E-tailers worldwide and was nominated by the Internet Retailer as one of the Hot 100 2010 Best Retail Websites.

Cymax Stores USA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cymax Stores USA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cymax Stores USA?

Original review: April 24, 2022

Cymax fails to disclose ANYWHERE on their website that furniture is NOT as pictured, it must be ASSEMBLED. Imagine receiving your loveseat in a box with 20+ pieces. And don't dare open the box or they will not accept returns!

Original review: Feb. 16, 2022

I bought a desk on January 25th. The delivery date was February 9th. It was supposed to have 4 big packages delivered but instead I got 2. The company is giving me the running around and no one to answer the phone or emails. This is a scam!!!! Don't buy anything from them. After I got defrauded of $1600, I checked their reviews, and this is what they do to everyone!!!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2022

Yes I ordered a sculpture that was made from shells. It came to me without the words fragile anywhere on the box and upon opening it, it was completely smashed into a hundred pieces. After contacting them with photos and evidence they told me I could either get a 30% refund or I could go on about my way with nothing. I refused that offer and demanded a phone number to reach them. They couldn’t give me a straight answer. Then on a Sunday they email me and tell me someone is coming to my house the following day to inspect the package for proof that it is damaged. Unfortunately I don’t have a job where I can just sit at home all day and wait around for whoever was coming. It was super sketchy and they told me to wait at home from 8 AM to 6 PM. I am in the process of filing a complaint. Do NOT do business with them.

Original review: July 3, 2021

We bought a rather expensive desk and like others have noted, only received 1 of 2 packages. They are giving us the run around and we fear we've been scammed. I have, and suggest you do to, tweet about them using the hashtag #cymaxscam. May sound silly, but really hating this circumstance.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Didn’t receive what I paid for. Communication is only through email. Poor service across the board. The order say a set and I ordered quantity of 2 set and only received one. Calling and can’t speak with no one who could help. Was directed to use email.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Non-existent customer service. 2 of the items delivered with significant damage, no phone number to call, it takes them weeks to get back to you via email. They provide wrong order statuses and invalid shipping info. Trying to get a refund without any luck at this point. Every time I reach out via email similar scripted response comes in. At this point thinking of reaching out to a credit card company to get my money back.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I placed an order for a natural maple headboard for our daughter's bed. It arrived promptly, however it was damaged AND it was the wrong color. Impossible to talk to anyone but a sales person. Submitted return form, with photos, on website. No response. Email response is sketchy and just keeps asking for more information and totally not helpful. Worst possible customer service ever. Still awaiting resolution of their issue, but "out: my money...over $200". Poorly-run business for sure.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

After multiple attempts via email and phone calls that were not returned I was forced to pay over half the cost of the original item to ship it back within 30 day time frame. Bush Industries was also included in communications and refused to assist.

Original review: July 29, 2020

SCAMMED>..I ordered a pack bed frame with storage and headboard. The headboard was missing a piece and the bed frame was of such poor material that likely would of broke before a years time. I immediately tried contacting the company to receive shipping labels and a refund. I was not ever able to reach a live person. It took 2 and a half weeks to receive a response for shipping labels. After receiving the labels I returned the Items to UPS in two days time. Then the next week I received an email as a follow up saying they are assuming I changed my mind and are closing the request. It's been a month and a half, I have sent 5 emails disputing this with proof of my return receipt from UPS, and I still can't get a reply. So basically I have been scammed for $599.77. Also beware because they are located in Canada and Virginia, this makes it difficult to take them to small claims.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I ordered a desk chair from Cymax. The ordering process was easy enough. The cost of the chair was reasonable. The delivery was was a little slow but reasonable. When I got the chair it was exactly what I ordered, however, the description of the chair said it was a high back chair measuring 36 inches high. I don't know where they are taking their measurements but from the seat to the top of the seat back is not 36 inches. It's too short and I want to return it.

I cannot get a hold of anyone in customer service. They don't answer the phone and they don't reply to emails. When I call they say that my wait time exceeds their limits and the automated call is terminated. If they stall me long enough it will exceed their 30 day limit to request a return and then they are off the hook. They also said the chair is "leather". Well that depends on your definition of leather. It's definitely not real leather or certainly not quality leather. I should have known better for the price I paid but it was their description that said leather and did not qualify what kind. I'm still trying to contact them for a return but I'm not having any luck so far.

Cymax Stores USA author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Members can conveniently browse thousands of furnishings for commercial offices, restaurants and bars, plus churches and temples. Their wide selection makes it easy to navigate many products very quickly.

• Prices: Factory-direct discount prices on top industry brands.

• Delivery: Free shipping on most purchases.

• Returns: Free returns.

• Taxes: No sales tax (except for Virginia).

• Warranty: Manufacturer’s warranty available for most items.

Cymax Stores USA Company Information