2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.9/5 (849 ratings)

About Cymax Stores USA

Cymax Stores USA is your one stop shop for home and office furniture. We carry cheap and affordable as well as high quality and solid wood pieces for your living room, dining, bedroom, office and more.

Cymax Stores USA Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cymax Stores USA?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cymax Stores USA?

Original review: July 3, 2021

We bought a rather expensive desk and like others have noted, only received 1 of 2 packages. They are giving us the run around and we fear we've been scammed. I have, and suggest you do to, tweet about them using the hashtag #cymaxscam. May sound silly, but really hating this circumstance.

Original review: April 15, 2021

Didn’t receive what I paid for. Communication is only through email. Poor service across the board. The order say a set and I ordered quantity of 2 set and only received one. Calling and can’t speak with no one who could help. Was directed to use email.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 26, 2021

Non-existent customer service. 2 of the items delivered with significant damage, no phone number to call, it takes them weeks to get back to you via email. They provide wrong order statuses and invalid shipping info. Trying to get a refund without any luck at this point. Every time I reach out via email similar scripted response comes in. At this point thinking of reaching out to a credit card company to get my money back.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2020

I placed an order for a natural maple headboard for our daughter's bed. It arrived promptly, however it was damaged AND it was the wrong color. Impossible to talk to anyone but a sales person. Submitted return form, with photos, on website. No response. Email response is sketchy and just keeps asking for more information and totally not helpful. Worst possible customer service ever. Still awaiting resolution of their issue, but "out: my money...over $200". Poorly-run business for sure.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2020

After multiple attempts via email and phone calls that were not returned I was forced to pay over half the cost of the original item to ship it back within 30 day time frame. Bush Industries was also included in communications and refused to assist.

Original review: July 29, 2020

SCAMMED>..I ordered a pack bed frame with storage and headboard. The headboard was missing a piece and the bed frame was of such poor material that likely would of broke before a years time. I immediately tried contacting the company to receive shipping labels and a refund. I was not ever able to reach a live person. It took 2 and a half weeks to receive a response for shipping labels. After receiving the labels I returned the Items to UPS in two days time. Then the next week I received an email as a follow up saying they are assuming I changed my mind and are closing the request. It's been a month and a half, I have sent 5 emails disputing this with proof of my return receipt from UPS, and I still can't get a reply. So basically I have been scammed for $599.77. Also beware because they are located in Canada and Virginia, this makes it difficult to take them to small claims.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I ordered a desk chair from Cymax. The ordering process was easy enough. The cost of the chair was reasonable. The delivery was was a little slow but reasonable. When I got the chair it was exactly what I ordered, however, the description of the chair said it was a high back chair measuring 36 inches high. I don't know where they are taking their measurements but from the seat to the top of the seat back is not 36 inches. It's too short and I want to return it.

I cannot get a hold of anyone in customer service. They don't answer the phone and they don't reply to emails. When I call they say that my wait time exceeds their limits and the automated call is terminated. If they stall me long enough it will exceed their 30 day limit to request a return and then they are off the hook. They also said the chair is "leather". Well that depends on your definition of leather. It's definitely not real leather or certainly not quality leather. I should have known better for the price I paid but it was their description that said leather and did not qualify what kind. I'm still trying to contact them for a return but I'm not having any luck so far.

Original review: May 26, 2020

I placed an order on May 17 2020 when I go to my account I can not view anything but especially not my order. My credit card has been charged. Nothing has shipped. I have emailed and called the company and have not been able to get any response. When I call they say my wait time exceeds their policy and they hang up on me. Pretty sure the reason they are cheap is because they are not going to actually send you anything just try to take your money. My next step will be cancelling payment through my credit card.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

I bought a steel double bunk bed from Cymax, (Through Walmart), and received the bed in early September. I bought the bed set for guests I have coming in March. After receiving the bed set (in two huge boxes), I had a wedding in August, a trip in October, a wedding in November and a wedding in December. Because of all the trips I did not have time to put together the beds until mid December.

As I was putting the beds together I noticed a "slice" cut in the solid steel headboard. I took pictures and described the issue and sent that info/pics to Cymax. Their brief response said "We are sorry you are not happy, but we will not replace the damaged part because our RETURN/REPLACEMENT policy is 30 days"!!! REALLY!!! As I sent in my description to Cymax, it was OBVIOUSLY DAMAGE FROM A FORKLIFT!!! And I do not have one thing in my house that has a sharp enough edge and the power to slice through metal! They would not replace the damaged part! I will not ever buy from them again! Ridiculous!!!!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2020

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY! Sent the completely wrong item and instead of following their own statement on Amazon about offering a replacement they refused to send the correct item. They would not sell me the bed I originally bought at the price I paid. They also kept offering to sell me the item they sent which I stated I did not need or want. It is the company's job to check listings and make sure they are correct if not remove them or honor them. Then wanted me to take the item somewhere to ship back instead of picking it up!

Cymax Stores USA author review by ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Members can conveniently browse thousands of furnishings for commercial offices, restaurants and bars, plus churches and temples. Their wide selection makes it easy to navigate many products very quickly.

• Prices: Factory-direct discount prices on top industry brands.

• Delivery: Free shipping on most purchases.

• Returns: Free returns.

• Taxes: No sales tax (except for Virginia).

• Warranty: Manufacturer’s warranty available for most items.

Cymax Stores USA Company Information