Tamarac, FL

3.8/5 (454 ratings)

About City Furniture

City Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 16, 2023

It started with my old furniture that I bought with City Furniture, back in 2019. I had issues with the table which took the repair company multiple time to get right. It took over 3 months and multiple calls to customer service. Come to find out the service tech were not installing the spacers on the table which was the whole problem to begin with. Then the couch I bought had issues with the stitching, so I contacted customer service again, and they had someone come out to stich up the couch, that did last long. I called them again and they to me they were going to order the cover to the couch and would replace it. They told me it would take 6 weeks to get the couch cover.

After 3 months I decided to call them to check up, and they informed me that the couch was discontinued. In which, I was upset because no one ever called me to tell me that info. So I called again, and talked to a supervisor, and they told me they they would refund my purchase for the couches and would give me store credit. So last year I bought a whole new couch setup with a glass coffee table. I had to wait for one of the couches, and the glass coffee table because they were on back order.

I finally received the second part of my couch back in November, and part of the glass table, and was told the second part of the table will be delivered in December. I waited and called throughout December and was giving the run around by customer service. So finally, the first week of Jan, they delivered the remaining part of the coffee table, which I waited 3 months to get. So after the delivery tech left, I went to move the table and noticed that the table was about to tip over because it wasn't installed right.

After the delivery techs put the table together they didn't even test anything and just left like everything was ok (I have them on camera). So I called customer service, about 20 minutes after the techs left and noticed they were closed for the day. I then called the next day, and was on the phone for over 2 hours. They told me they would sent someone out to fix but it was going to be 7 days later.

I was upset because they didn't install the table right to begin with, and now I have to wait again. So, I told them I'm not going to wait anymore and want my money back, and to pick up the table. I was told they could only give me store credit, which I don't want because I'm never shopping at City Furniture again. I also went to the City Furniture store, and talked to the store manager 3 times, and they sent an email to customer service about my complaint and to contact me. I haven't heard anything yet, and don't have time to to be on the phone for hours to get nowhere. So I want my money back, not store credit.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2023

Recently we purchased a kitchen table and four chairs. The salesman was impeccably dressed, well spoken, knew what he was talking about, and a pleasure to work with. This is so rare these days. He should be rewarded.

Sincerely yours,

Dr. & Mrs. David

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

I wish I had read this reviews prior to spending 10,000. dollars in this store. We recently visit the new location for City Furniture in Plant City, the first impression is the customer service was Awful but since they were just opening we gave the benefit of the doubt so we made our on search for furniture without some employee help, we left the store that day and came back two days later with all the measurements, after purchasing what we believe we paid for when they deliver the items we find out they charge us an extra piece that we didn't want so that's when the issue became a nightmare because they state on their policy that they don't return items which it wasn't our fault. So we start the fight with customer care and ended going back to the store where the sales agent admitted the error and mistake but still not even the manager knew how to proceed to return our money.

At this moment the item still in our home waiting to be pick up in order for us to get reimbursed, but the other issue is that the sectional leather came broken so we spend 3 hour as well on the phone kind of going in circles to get this over with. Again their customer service is really bad and we do not understand their policy of no return. They must consider or allow the customer if they are are making a change the same day for a different item to go thru, or have different overview and individualize the customer's needs, we are not starting a money return but item exchange. After all they have put us in this situation.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

CITY FURNITURE will not honor my extra warranty that Mike j. talked me into getting. Please do not spend your money here. Go to a good furniture store NOT SHI___ FURNITURE. What rude customer service, they obviously don't have any experience at all. Get out of the furniture business since you don't know what you're doing. SHAME ON YOU.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2022

Really bad quality and customer service. I bought a table more than one month ago and they delivered 3 times and all the time the table came broken. They don't want to return my money because is not a company policy. They will stay delivering more tables but the problem is that the tables does not look new. Really bad experience. See the pictures of the 3 deliveries.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2022

My Amber sleeper/chaise couch was delivered with a defect in the pull out sleeper and they said it's fine which it isn't and refuse to do anything about it. The same couches on display in their stores work fine and stunned that they are ignoring the real issue. Poor customer service and they just lost a loyal customer of 10 years plus. Never again. Product is cheap and poorly designed. People really need to be aware of their return policy as there isn't one for furniture once delivered regardless of the condition. STAY AWAY!

Original review: Dec. 2, 2022

I'll make this review as short as possible to get to the issue quickly. I went to the store to purchase furniture for my home. I spent over $20K on furniture. Let's start with the delivery. They tell you they will be there in 30 minutes and get there whenever, wasting your time. They are not the nicest individuals, but that wasn't the issue. Just pointing out this was an issue too. The first order placed was for $18K, and the sales rep didn't put the right address for delivery and committed to ordering an item we told him several times we wanted and how we wanted. That's where the issue started with the delivery.

After we realized the order was incomplete, we went back to another City Furniture in hopes we would have a better experience. NOPE that didn't happen either. On this order, we spent another $8K. I specifically told the salesperson the item I needed and why I needed it. The salesperson ordered what she thought I wanted. Unfortunately, it wasn't what I needed. After calling her and telling her this was not what we wanted, she very nicely told me, "Well we have a non-refundable policy and you should call customer service." Of course, she could care less she made her money right.

So I call customer service. First rep just told me no refunds. I explained I have no interest in a refund. I want a credit and I want to return the item that doesn't work for me (the item was $300). She once again said no. I requested a supervisor, which I thought was going to help. NOPE didn't help either. He asked for me to send an email and he would call the salesperson. Of course, he didn't call the salesperson and did absolutely nothing. I called the following day, and another rep answered the phone and the same thing there are no returns.

I think the company just has them say this no matter what the problem is. I requested another supervisor. The lady didn't even want to come to the phone. She was dining the claim. I then said I wanted to speak to someone above her. That went nowhere. They are not interested in customer service and trying to see what the issue is and help the customer, they are there to tell you there are no returns and give you attitude and rudeness. Basically, they should not be called customer service. I will never purchase anything from this company ever again. WORST COMPANY EVER.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2022

Having purchased a mattress and motorized base headboard and side rails a delivery date was set up. City Furniture was explicitly advised the the date was firm because we are snowbirds. They did not deliver the headboard till we were back in NY. The deliver person Sebastian called and advised us the City Furniture would send someone back to assemble the bed. Well having called yesterday they told me that they would not and told us of an additional charge from an outside vendor to do the work we had contracted for. Stay away and purchase from a reliable merchant and not these liars and thieves.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2022

City delivered about 20 pieces of furniture. 1 chair 1 stool 1 table and a credenza were damaged badly. The delivery guy called City and they said they would replace them. Well, a month and a half later, they sent a repair guy, who we waited 6 hours for, he was very late. Now we have to wait for 3 new pieces of 4 to be delivered. The Credenza was damaged in the back so we just settled rather than return it also. Now we wait longer. I called them 5 times to see where their man was no one knew where he was and I was told they'd call me back 4 times. They didn't. Saleslady was nice but don't use them. If they deliver broken furniture they can repair it instead of replacing it on the long disclosure you sign.. BEWARE

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

We purchased two reclining leather couches and a chair back in February of this year. Was told if we paid for everything upfront we would have no problem with a delivery in October. Well October came and not all our order was on stock. So we got the couch and chair delivered on Oct 13 and the love seat wouldn’t be in until January. We were told if we order the full size couch instead of a love seat we would get it in sooner than January. We could get it in two weeks. So we did. We did pay for a deliver of $179.00. Well since we changed the order mind you because they didn’t have what we ordered. Today when they delivered and we are already gone because we had to go back to Maine where we work. I had my sister who is very handicap there for the delivery and they wouldn’t bring it in our first floor home And we’re so rude to her. Told her they didn’t even want to bring it that far.

We called and spoke to our sales rep who thought it was unexpectable what the driver did and would get back to us. Well it’s been hours now. It’s dark and the couch is still in a box outside my door blocking the walkway. I am now calling a handyman to come with another guy to bring it in. Oh I forgot to mention we offered to pay the delivery charge today after they said they wouldn’t bring it in and the two guys said, ''No we can’t do that.'' If wanted to do that they would have to take it back and we can start all over again because it was too big for them to want to deal with. Mind you we already had the exact couch in our home. I’m in retail and this was not acceptable. I strongly recommend never ever doing business with City Furniture who also owns Ashley’s.

City Furniture Company Information