1.00/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Tamarac, FL

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

263 City Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Purchased sleeper I. January 2018, delivered only in May 2018. June 2018, my 2 grandchildren visited and first time using sleeper, very difficult to open and then we saw that frame is totally not straight. Called customer care and warranty dept., sent a tech person? (Regular repair guy) he told them it could be repaired by replacing piece. Totally disagree, it’s putting a band-aid on a cut, asked them what the warranty is on piece and all I kept hearing that it’s manufacturer warranty of 1 year from date of purchase... it’s going to take 6 - 8 weeks to get part, which should bring us to January... 1 year that I purchased sofa... where is the warranty on the piece???

Now what happens if 2 adults go sleep on this patched up job and someone gets seriously hurt? Are they responsible? Seems like City Furniture is anxious to help you when you are buying but if something is not right afterwards, they don’t care. I dropped thousands at store to furnish my whole house, I expect City Furniture to exchange the item because it is manufacturer’s fault. I was really impressed with the choice of furniture, but it’s the CUSTOMER SERVICE which counts above ALL. Will not see me in store anymore to make any purchases. People, go spend your hard earned money elsewhere. Ft Myers is full of furniture stores! I expected nothing but best service and in my case, an exchange!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I purchased a sectional sofa back in 2016 (our second one from this store and our last). We did not want the extended warranty but the saleswoman talked us into it. We told her at the time that we had 3 dogs and she said it would not be an issue and that all damages are fixed or replaced. Well now we are in 2018 and the stitching is coming loose so we place a call, the guy came out and said he would inform the store of the situation. I just called to get an update and was told that our claim was rejected since the damage came from our end and not the manufacturers. So long story short they sold us a warranty knowing that when we were to place a claim it would be rejected. I asked for a refund of the warranty $ and was told we could only get $13.00 back. I will not use them again, salespeople are frauds talking customers into warranties that they know will not be covered.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Had terrible experience this time around after making several large purchases in Boca Raton store. One item, TV console, was on a back order and was supposed to be scheduled for delivery at a later date than the rest of the items. When first delivery came in they did not have all the chairs, so the rep called me and scheduled another delivery for the remaining chairs. Turned out their system does not allow for several deliveries scheduled at the same time so the TV console that came in and was reserved for me got "unreserved" and went to another customer. It has been rescheduled several times, now almost two months after the purchase I still do not have the TV console.

Sales representative just disappeared on me, never called back. Customer support center employees are dishonest, changing the story constantly, saying we did call you, we informed you of the delay, etc, when nobody did. I had to take time off from work 3 times! To be home waiting for the deliveries that never came. Very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The overall experience with City Furniture was horrible. From the rushed salesperson pushing me out the door. Delivery was scheduled and did not receive the item on the scheduled day. Customer service is another issue. They didn’t solve my issues nor did they care. I will NEVER shop City Furniture again! Poor poor experience.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We purchased a bed/mattress set from them in August and just got it delivered finally now (mid-November), after many attempts, because they had sold our rails to another customer. The delivery men took our bed outside immediately, and that's an important detail - because once they do that, there's no going back. The mattress we bought was nearly $3,000; the bed itself was much less, on sale. They've been trying to get us to cancel the bed and just put the mattress on a frame and be done with it. Well, lo and behold, delivery day comes and IT IS THE WRONG BED. But since my bed had already left the house, I had two options: Take the new mattress and get a $75 credit (not kidding), or they would just leave my bed outside and not even haul away. So in the end, they got what they wanted - a sucker of a customer buying an overpriced mattress, with no bed. Do not do business with these people. Ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

On 11/6/18 a tv stand I bought from City Furniture in Tamarac, FL was delivered to my house. The ended up being too small so I called customer service to see if I could exchange it for the same tv stand but the longer one. I told the representative that I did not have a problem returning the item and paying the additional cost of the longer but was told that I could not return the item and had to keep it. What reputable company does that to their customers? Also, I was charged for “Premium Delivery” and was never told about their free delivery option at purchase. After about 3 hours on the telephone with customer service trying to get them to let me exchange the tv stand I was told that I could reselect but would have to pay a 15% restocking fee and another delivery fee to have the reselected tv stand delivered and the other stand picked up.

I told them that I could just bring back to the store that I bought it from but was told no I could not and they have to pick up the item and deliver the new one. Once I agreed to their terms to reselect however, I was then told that I would have to go back to their showroom and reselect the item I wanted and would be given a credit towards the purchase of the reselected tv stand. This was an inconvenience to me to say the least and when I asked the customer service rep if she could just put in the order for the new tv stand over the telephone and set delivery she said no I would have to go into the showroom. Mind you now it was the same tv stand but longer (68”). Therefore I went to the showroom to reselect and was told by the sales rep that the item I wanted was discontinued. This came to a surprise to me because the salesman I originally bought the smaller tv stand from never told me there was only one size available.

As matter of fact, the tv was advertised on their showroom being available in three different sizes 48”, 58”, and 68”. I unfortunately had to reselect the floor model which was the only 68” available but was told by the salesperson that I would have to bring the smaller tv stand back to the showroom before they could put in the purchase order for the reselected floor model tv stand. Now I was really pissed off because before I went to the showroom to reselect; I was told by customer service that I could not take the tv stand back to the store and that it had to be picked up and the new one delivered. Long story short, I had to go home, pick up the item and return it only to have to wait another 4 hours to purchase the reselected tv stand. Note to anyone looking to buy furniture from City Furniture: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! They are the worst!! Bad sales experience and terrible customer service experience!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We decided to buy a recliner sofa at City Furniture. When they delivered the sofa for the first time, I noticed it was defective and there was a scratch mark in one of the pillows. I was very reluctant in accepting the delivery but the driver immediately placed a call to the customer service and told us it would be ok to sign the delivery paper and all we needed to do was to give them a call and place a claim that they would exchange or refund it. First time, we talked to customer service and we explained the situation about the sofa being defective and needed to be exchanged. Well, after first time we go through the second time and the sofa comes again defective and with a small hole in the leather fabric. Now, when we call customer service we surprisingly find out that they have a NO RETURN POLICY and once you accept the first delivery, they can only exchange or give you a store credit.

So, we decided to try one more time and have a new sofa delivered for the 3rd time! Well, it came with same problems and now we decided to request a store credit because we were unwilling to accept a defective product. Someone from customer service (after they make you wait for more than 30 min, like your time is worth nothing!) tells us that unfortunately in order for them to pick up the defective sofa we have to select something in the store within the next 3 days so the moment they come to pick up their defective product they can deliver something they forced you to buy so you don't lose your money altogether. Is this what you call a store credit?

And by the way, do not try to call what they refer to as a corporate office because they won't talk to you and you will be forced to go back and talk to those $10 hr representatives that cannot resolve and has no authority over anything. This is a scam, bait and switch advertisement and misleading. THE QUALITY IS NOT THERE, WHAT YOU SEE IN THE STORE IS NOT WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET AT DELIVERY!! REMEMBER THERE IS NO REFUND, NO STORE CREDIT AND THE EXCHANGE IS FOR THE SAME DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. Bottom line, they force you to keep a defective product. Scam, scam, scam!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Good evening Mr. Koenig, I have contacted various representatives of your company from Customer Service to the Executive Office—only to be transferred due to their “not speaking to customers”. Sir, with all due respect, it unbelievable that ANY reputable company in the USA would conduct their business in such a deplorable matter.

As I previously wrote to others, the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act (federal lemon law) applies to furniture as well as other things. Both the Toletta power sofa and the loveseat have been exchanged over and over again due to their defectiveness, which means that you have come to deliver merchandise three times; yet, you have provided me with defective merchandise each of the three times. Therefore, I simply just want my money back. I want to cancel this purchase but am not being allowed to; and, therefore, based on how you have cornered me despite my being the customer and the an ill-treatment received thus far via being forced to make another purchase from your selection, since there are only more expensive ones available that fit my criteria, then said selection should be given to me at an equal price of what I have already purchased.

You refuse to return my money, yet all the merchandise from the one I originally selected is defective. As a result, not only have you taken my money for defective merchandise, but now refuse to refund me nor provide me with adequate replacements. Therefore, abide by fair, just, decent, moral—ETHICAL business practices and either refund my money or provide me with a substitute for the same price rather than expect me to pay a higher cost for what has not been my [the customer’s] fault! Anything less is utterly unacceptable and unethical, to say the least!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I bought a living room set from them. The first time the love seat came ripped, they took it back. The second time the frame was bent. I get one day off a week and waited two weeks in a row. So now they want me to wait a third time. I told them to take the whole set back, which they refused. After waiting for an hour to speak to a manager in the meantime they offered to come fix a brand new piece of furniture. Lol. I said no, I paid for new. So the manager gets on and all that they can offer me is a lousy 75.00 to wait around a third week in a row. The 75.00 is to be used in their store. Lol.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Every one-star review you are reading before ours an exact replica of our experience with City Furniture. They are lying about everything, which includes, product quality, shipping, delivery and about their warranty. WE purchased from them almost $10,000 worth of furniture; living room's full set master bedroom, office desk. Every piece came damaged. But the worst is the issue with an expansive king mattress. I needed an extremely firm one for my back. I tested and retested a specific one at the showroom in Tamarac and knew exactly what we purchased. The mattress came in as though it was a return/used or defective. It did not seem new and is not the firm one I purchased.

They claim that if one purchases the mattress special cover ($ 299.99) they will cover any dissatisfaction to 120 days. In addition they talked us into purchase a 3 year warranty ($ 333.98). Numerous calls to customer service, which is a nightmare to reach (they never call back), they ask us to pay $ 129.00 plus shipping to exchange THEIR defective mattress. The audacity to ask the customer to pay for their fraudulent sales practices.

In addition, even the LR leather sofa, chair & Ottoman immediately show bad quality. The leather started immediately to wrinkle and it took 3 times to replace an office desk, that still did not arrive without some damage. We implore anyone that had/has our experience to file a complaint (as we did) with the State of FL Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services in Tallahassee. We should not let such a company continue to do business by cheating their customers and getting away with it and having a customer service department that makes a mockery out of consumers! We are still trying to solve our problem with them and we went there again in person to speak with their manager (5 hrs. drive), but it seems that their attitude is "WE DON'T CARE, WE GOT YOUR MONEY AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS".

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

After searching for several days for a loveseat that would fit into our home and our decor I decided to go back to City Furniture to purchase the EH Brentwood loveseat. This was on August 18th 2018. When the loveseat was delivered the construction on it was horrible. It looked like my eight-year-old granddaughter had put it together. I complained immediately and they scheduled to bring out another one to replace it a couple of weeks later. I told them because it was so poorly made that I was a little bit worried about this particular manufacturer and to please look over the piece before bringing it to me.

On delivery day, the guys brought it inside completely packaged and I watch them unpackage it. It definitely had a better look to it than the one they were replacing but it had a big gash up in the right left arm. So they took that one back with them. I know the return policy because I signed it but it doesn't say that if the construction is very poor that you can't get your money back. I told them I have no faith in this manufacturer because the stitched tufts in the cushions were coming loose already and nobody had sat on them.

They told me I could not have my money back, I needed to buy something else even though I don't need anything else from that store. So now I'm stuck with this piece and I think it's terrible the way they treat customers. I am a multi store owner in South Florida and I would never ever treat a customer this way. Make sure if you're going to shop at City Furniture or any furniture store, what their quality is like and their policies. I will never shop there again and am happy to warn people to stay away. Bottom line: inferior product and they don't care.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

My husband and I ordered 2 beds and a couch for the new place we were moving into and our sales guy Wilmor ** in Miami was great in getting us what we wanted. Delivery was scheduled for September 30, 2018 the day after we moved into our new place. The 30th comes and we are given a time start of 2 to 5 PM. The driver calls at 1:50 and I missed the call. I understand that I have 30 minutes to get to the destination from the time that I received a call. Within that timeframe I repeatedly called the driver and he does not answer his phone. As soon as the allotted time frame is up and I’ve called the driver five or six times back to back I receive a call from the distribution center in Sawgrass stating that my item cannot be delivered and the driver waited the allotted time frame.

I am 32 weeks pregnant to which I explained on the phone to see if they may accommodate me and make me the last stop of the day. The young lady puts me on hold for 30 seconds and acts as if she contacted the driver who said their next stop is 20 minutes away and they have one more stop for the day so they will not be able to come back to me. How do they know how long the other stops will take or if the other customers will be there to receive their delivery? I then request to speak to a supervisor, this time she placed me on hold for three minutes and comes back on the line to tell me unfortunately the supervisor cannot do anything and that I’ll just have to reschedule for Tuesday.

Again I explained to the young lady that I’m pregnant and I cannot sleep on the floor and she just continued to state that unfortunately there was nothing they could do and unfortunately nobody could come on the line to talk to me and unfortunately the driver couldn’t do anything to help me either and Tuesday was my only option. She then tells me that the same supervisor who couldn’t help me over the phone will contact me about rescheduling and that I may be subject to $100 cancellation fee. We purchased all of this furniture no financing and the only thing that you can do is threaten me with $100 cancellation fee.

So I set the delivery for Tuesday but something told me to call back and got on the line was so helpful in allowing me to come pick up my merchandise but I feel like I should be refunded for my delivery because not in any way, shape or form did they try to accommodate me and I was going to be at my location within the time frame allotted had the driver answer the phone. Needless to say, I won’t be doing business with them anytime soon if this is the way that they treat customers.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have never written a complaint on a service but due to the many times I have called City Furniture in Tamarac to speak to the Sales Representative and the numerous emails which the Customer Service Representatives said they have sent and I have YET to receive a response, I decided to write this email. After many online searches for bedroom sets, on August 14, 2018, I decided to visit the City Furniture Store in Tamarac, FL. Mr. Robert ** was the Sales Representative who assisted with the purchase of my bedroom set. I clearly informed Mr. ** that due to personal preference, I wanted a bed frame which did NOT need a box spring and that I was interested in the above mentioned bedroom set which I had seen online but needed to make sure about the box spring, therefore, Mr. ** stated he verified the bedroom set in his system and it said it did not require a box spring.

Obviously, I was happy and took his word and purchased the bedroom set; the delivery was scheduled for September 1, 2018 without the media chest which was in back order and it would be delivered on a different date. However, a few days before my delivery, I received a call stating that my delivery would be changed to September 20, 2018 as another item from my set was on back order.

Notwithstanding, due to my delivery date being changed, I had my adult nephew stay in my home that day to wait for the delivery. The delivery guy informed my nephew that I needed a box spring which I was upset to hear when I received the call from my nephew. Furthermore, when I get home from work, I realize they did not deliver the mirror, therefore, I called customer service and they informed that they had a note in their system which stated “customer refused to receive mirror” which is NOT true and to make matters worse, they said I do not need a box spring but the wood may break; who sells a bedroom set without a box spring knowingly that it would break the wood? Not to mention, when I received the bedroom set, it had scratches. At this time, I would like for someone to call me back and assist me as soon as possible as my bed can break without a box spring and I have YET to receive my mirror. Very upset client.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I went in to City Furniture on 9/21/18 to purchase an adjustable bed for my mother. The sales lady Keonna ** took our order for a bed that adjusts both legs and head. However, when they delivered the base on 9/25/ only the head would move. I have talked to 3 managers at City so far. They have all admitted that the order was for an adjustable double head and foot base, but the wrong one was delivered. Now the last manager that I spoke to is demanding $100 to bring the correct base out. City Furniture made a mistake and want the customer to bear the cost. Do not shop at this store. The customer service is the worst. I will be contacting their corporate office to see if I can get this problem resolved.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I purchased a bedroom set from the showroom on September 8. We received PART of our delivery on Thursday Sept 13th. Unbeknownst to us, 2 of our items were on back order and we were not informed of such upon purchase. One of the back ordered items was the headboard for our bed, why deliver any of the bed without the headboard?! I called customer service to inquire what happened and was greeted by attitude. I asked to speak to a supervisor and when the "escalation specialist" answered she was equally rude, if not more so that the first person. I was offered no apologies and not an ounce of remorse. I have worked in the customer service industry for over 10 years and I have NEVER been so disappointed with my treatment at any company. I understand that things happen and mistakes get made, but I do not appreciate being devalued and unheard as an unsatisfied customer.

The final parts of my order were delivered this afternoon, with more headache and dissatisfaction. I was provided a 3 hour window, I received a call from the driver within that time frame advising that they would be arriving in 10 minutes. I informed the driver that I was at work and it would take me about 30 minutes to get home. I was expecting a 30 minute courtesy call as promised. The driver advised they couldn't wait and would come back between 12-3. I told them again I was at work and would need the 30 minute notice. They called back this afternoon when they were 15 minutes from my address, again not 30 minutes. I left work and raced home. Between leaving work and reaching my home (34 minutes) I received 2 additional calls from the driver saying that they could not wait and had other deliveries. If they had provided the 30 minute window this would NOT have happened. I will not be shopping here again!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I bought a full size bed with a twin size trundle and 2 mattress. After 3 attempts of the trundle delivery, I had to go to the store to find out what was going on, since customer service never replied or followed up. I was then notified that a trundle does not exist for the bed bought. I tried to see other beds to exchange but none suited my needs or taste, since there are only a few options. Now I am trying to have the bed picked up and they only put times I am at work, when I have advised the time frame. I cannot leave work anymore, for the 4th time, to deal with CITY FURNITURE. I do not recommend them. If you ever need something resolved, it will NOT happen.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I look online and complaint after complaint- I definitely should've studied that before I chose to work with the City Furniture in Tamarac. Not only are the employees incompetent, the managers are worse. Lie after lie. On August 4, I came in to exchange couches through my warranty, and our sales agent submitted everything. Later finding out, that nothing had been submitted but I have papers signed & proving it? I'm really sick and tired of the calls and emails.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Last weekend we bought a sleeper sofa and sleeper chair and paid for "premium delivery." The delivery came (after a protracted fight over promised time and actual delivery time) but the sleeper chair was clearly used with an unsealed mattress. I paid for a NEW sleeper chair and a NEW mattress. The driver tried to force us to accept it and make a repair claim. We refused and demanded re delivery of a NEW sleeper chair. Same was promised for today. Today they came and brought back the same exact sleeper chair with the same unsealed mattress. Customer service offered NO APOLOGY and instead offered me a $50 gift card for City Furniture - as if I would buy from them again. Still no word on when I get my NEW chair. Be very wary of this company. "Premium" delivery is a pure lie.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Do not buy furniture from this company. They do not treat their customers well. We ordered a king canopy 8-4-18 and on delivery day the following Saturday was told by the delivery guys that they had the wrong screws. Had to reschedule for Tuesday then they came too early at 12:30 instead of us being the last stop as discussed. Rescheduled following Sunday. Delivery guys came were hard to understand. Said first time putting a bed like this together and that it was a hard bed to assemble but the screws were the right ones. They damaged the bed by stripping the screws. They were so aggressive putting it together they ruined.

To cover themselves they said since I have the insurance or warranty on the bed just call in three years and get another one. That sounds like fraud. Customer service was called. Pics of damage sent and rescheduled again after declining 200.00 off to keep damaged bed. Who would keep the damaged bed. That is an insult! This is now the 4th scheduled time and the next signature delivery guys came and could not take the bed apart. City was already notified and aware of the screw issues. Why did they not send the right people. They called cust service, sent more pics.

Now they want me to waste another day waiting on them and hoping they get it right this time. The only compensation for my trouble and their error was waive delivery fee and 50 in store credit. The same credit offered over and over each time they screwed up. Even the sales girl said since they dropped the ball she would zero out my account and no fee but customer service won't honor that. I am so aggravated and if I reschedule again this will be the 5th time! I want a refund and be done with them. They said no refund policy or returns. Only exchange.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I wish to address and bring to the notice of the general public, the very poor, unacceptable and deficient customer experience I had at City Furniture. I and my Wife had intended to make some purchases from City Furniture, but our payment was blocked without any cogent reason from the management of the firm. In a very vague and unprofessional manner, we were told that they could not verify us. This was after we had provided my driver’s license, my wife’s Las Vegas Sheriffs Card from the Police department as well as Passport. After refusing to honor the sale using the store's line of credit with Synchrony bank; they added that we could not pay for our order using a credit card or debit card. They insisted that we could only get the products when we pay for it with cash. No one in the customer support team truly offered a sane explanation or tried to resolve the issue.

I own an exotic car rental company, so I verify ID's pretty much every day and this entire situation does not add up. I spoke to the bank, and they stated that everything is fine from their end. It got more infuriating when City Furniture refused payment from my Amex visa and MasterCard. Based on the foregoing, I wish to bring to the notice of the general public the very unprofessional and poor service culture which seems to be a norm at City Furniture. The treatment I received made me look like a profiled criminal who is simply hanging on to any goodwill I can get from City Furniture.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Purchased sectional with SERVICE protection, and after a month we found out the quality was GARBAGE. We called for service and the service guy could not figure out how to call us. We called back for 3 WEEKS looking for assistance and every day and City kept saying they are trying to arrange to come out- FINALLY after 1 month, YES 1 month they came out and the service man was there for 1 minute and said the item was broken and NOT repairable- This horrible company offered us $100 to keep this junk as is and not have it repaired.

We paid over $3,000. We said NO and we want replaced and here we are 3 months later with NADA-- Buyers BEWARE- Go to a reputable company and stay away from City Furniture-- Also Good Luck ever finding your salesman- They all leave that place after a few weeks. We are guessing because they see how City Furniture runs a business and it is HORRIBLE. Customer service should be renamed to Customer disservice. Stay Away from them.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I received a gift one year ago. Beautiful Kevin Charles leather sectional couch valued at $1700. I was so grateful to receive this as a gift. The couch looks horrible now. The leather is cracking, and peeling everywhere. I know this isn’t normal after only one year. It also has a pull out bed which makes noise when sitting on that side of the couch now. I was happy with this present and now so disappointed and disheartened. I thought Kevin Charles was a quality brand and would last for years. Now I’m stuck having to buy another one. As a single mom I cannot afford to buy another couch. I believe a refund or replacement should be offered. I will NEVER buy Kevin Charles again and do NOT recommend anyone else buy them either. Nor will I buy from City Furniture for selling this product without disclosing how quickly it will deteriorate. I don’t want to hear “normal wear and tear” because it has only been ONE year!!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I bought a table. It has a glass center. The table is 2 months old. Water went in the crack. It swelled the wood. The crack was not sealed. Was told it is not a manufacturer defect. WHO WOULD THINK WATER WOULD GET ON A TABLE! It cost me 50$ to have someone come and look at. This company does not stand behind what it sells. The rep. would not even take the time to look at the real problems with the way it was made. Common sense does not matter to them. I am the person out the $. All he kept saying was it was not a manufacturer defect. Just want all people to know how they treat their customers.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Bought a bedroom set in June. Pieces randomly delivered, delivery dates change constantly, bed rails on back order until August, customer service is a total joke, and no communication between delivery people and whoever is in charge. Right now there is a giant box with a footboard in my room and headboard wedges between bed and wall. It’s attached to nothing but delivery guys said it will be okay so fingers crossed.

After HOURS on the phone (the number on receipt goes to some call center rep who says to call salesperson then salesperson says they can’t do anything and says call center in a useless loop) some manager waived delivery charge IF I call her after furniture is all delivered. Oh, they also snuck in that ridiculous warranty which I did manage to get credited back to cc... or at least they said they will. This company is a joke. They can keep their cheap laminate garbage. It would be easier to buy directly from China. Dishonest about everything!!

Original review: July 20, 2018

After waiting 4 hours with no show-up delivery yesterday, instead of calling me to apologize and reschedule, City Furniture gave my order away to others and told me to wait for another 10 days for the backorder. I was on the phone more than 2 hours with the people in store and also their customer service people, no one can really help and fix the issue. I was shocked by the customer service, so I found their President and COO's email to compliant. 1 hour later, I received a phone call from higher level of the customer service saying she is following up from Executive office and asked me what happened. After I explained everything for the 4th time today, she said "oh, I do apologize. It is our mistake but nothing we can do..." If apology works, why we still need a policeman???

So I gave up, I would like to cancel my order, guess what??? Their customer service cannot cancel the order, they have to contact the sales person to cancel my order. And the salesperson won't be available in the next 2 days. Shame on you, City Furniture! I was wondering how you still have business with such bad service and so many angry customers. I wish I have read all these reviews before I went to you. I will never ever come back to your store again.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I'm a very unhappy customer. I purchased a warranty plan on an entertainment center and the door fell off. When I called to have them fix it they told me it would take 11-15 weeks to get the part. It is a very basic part for a model they have 100s of pieces for. Don't buy their furniture or service plans. They are very dishonest. They even had the nerve to tell me they don't have contact information to call their vendors to order a part. So now I have to have a huge piece of furniture in my house with the door off for a quarter of a year. I didn't realize this company was this unprofessional and dishonest. They could easily just take a door off an existing piece of the several hundred of this furniture they have in stock and put it on my door.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Bought an adjustable base on City Furniture website and paid for premium delivery and it gave me a delivery date of Tuesday. Got a call Monday from their customer service saying they could not deliver before Wednesday. I had planned to get the merchandise on Tuesday because my new mattress (purchased somewhere else) was also being delivered Tuesday so I could set it up on the bed base. Wednesday CF called again, they can't deliver Wednesday. "It will be Thursday or Friday" depending on truck availability they said. I am so upset. They said they will waive the delivery fee if it is delivered??? Their customer service agents are useless, rude and do not at all connect with the customer. I can't find a contact information for any executive at City Furniture. The worst experience ever!

Original review: June 26, 2018

After 13 months, the back of the reclining sofa was loose. The guy came out. Hit it with a hammer and tightened 2 screws. Charged me 50.00. After 16 months, the sofa is peeling really bad. Last week I went to their showroom and spoke to a salesperson about it and was told I should have purchased the 3 year protection plan. How about City Furniture selling a product that will last more than 16 months. I feel they should stand behind their products and replace the sofa. I think most people purchase furniture expecting it to last longer than 16 months.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We purchased a mattress from City Furniture that was a sale item. It was covered in plastic. We were told that it was sanitized, and wrapped. Our receipt said NO RETURNS on this item. However, after the mattress was delivered and the plastic removed, we had a horrible odor from the mattress to the point of smelling up the room. City Furniture would not help us, or even let us exchange it for a new one at our cost.

Original review: June 8, 2018

We bought dining room set Nov of 2016. Within 6 months the screws were falling out of the seat cushions and City Furniture sent out repairman. His solution, longer screws against my concerns that they would puncture through the cushion and ultimately wouldn't hold anyway. Told City Furniture rep we were not satisfied with the fix, he said don't worry, they would work with us, even if they went out of warranty (the repair was done at the 11th month mark). Several months later and the screws were puncturing not only the cushions, but us as well, drew blood. Another service call but now they say we are out of warranty and this is just a courtesy.

They ordered new cushions which took almost 4 months to arrive, only 3 arrived, and they looked used. Nowhere near as nice as the ones on my chairs. Another half dozen conversations and they offered 50% off another purchase, to include just replacing the chairs we had with identical ones, but we pay for the exchange at 50% even though the whole thing started out under warranty. Opted for new cushions to be ordered and they advised it will be 18 weeks until they arrive. Whatever you buy at City Furniture, evaluate it on the day you make the purchase, don't make any decisions based upon warranties, you'll just get disappointed.

City Furniture Company Information