1.00/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Tamarac, FL

249 City Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I purchased a bedroom set from the showroom on September 8. We received PART of our delivery on Thursday Sept 13th. Unbeknownst to us, 2 of our items were on back order and we were not informed of such upon purchase. One of the back ordered items was the headboard for our bed, why deliver any of the bed without the headboard?! I called customer service to inquire what happened and was greeted by attitude. I asked to speak to a supervisor and when the "escalation specialist" answered she was equally rude, if not more so that the first person. I was offered no apologies and not an ounce of remorse. I have worked in the customer service industry for over 10 years and I have NEVER been so disappointed with my treatment at any company. I understand that things happen and mistakes get made, but I do not appreciate being devalued and unheard as an unsatisfied customer.

The final parts of my order were delivered this afternoon, with more headache and dissatisfaction. I was provided a 3 hour window, I received a call from the driver within that time frame advising that they would be arriving in 10 minutes. I informed the driver that I was at work and it would take me about 30 minutes to get home. I was expecting a 30 minute courtesy call as promised. The driver advised they couldn't wait and would come back between 12-3. I told them again I was at work and would need the 30 minute notice. They called back this afternoon when they were 15 minutes from my address, again not 30 minutes. I left work and raced home. Between leaving work and reaching my home (34 minutes) I received 2 additional calls from the driver saying that they could not wait and had other deliveries. If they had provided the 30 minute window this would NOT have happened. I will not be shopping here again!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I bought a full size bed with a twin size trundle and 2 mattress. After 3 attempts of the trundle delivery, I had to go to the store to find out what was going on, since customer service never replied or followed up. I was then notified that a trundle does not exist for the bed bought. I tried to see other beds to exchange but none suited my needs or taste, since there are only a few options. Now I am trying to have the bed picked up and they only put times I am at work, when I have advised the time frame. I cannot leave work anymore, for the 4th time, to deal with CITY FURNITURE. I do not recommend them. If you ever need something resolved, it will NOT happen.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I look online and complaint after complaint- I definitely should've studied that before I chose to work with the City Furniture in Tamarac. Not only are the employees incompetent, the managers are worse. Lie after lie. On August 4, I came in to exchange couches through my warranty, and our sales agent submitted everything. Later finding out, that nothing had been submitted but I have papers signed & proving it? I'm really sick and tired of the calls and emails.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Last weekend we bought a sleeper sofa and sleeper chair and paid for "premium delivery." The delivery came (after a protracted fight over promised time and actual delivery time) but the sleeper chair was clearly used with an unsealed mattress. I paid for a NEW sleeper chair and a NEW mattress. The driver tried to force us to accept it and make a repair claim. We refused and demanded re delivery of a NEW sleeper chair. Same was promised for today. Today they came and brought back the same exact sleeper chair with the same unsealed mattress. Customer service offered NO APOLOGY and instead offered me a $50 gift card for City Furniture - as if I would buy from them again. Still no word on when I get my NEW chair. Be very wary of this company. "Premium" delivery is a pure lie.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Do not buy furniture from this company. They do not treat their customers well. We ordered a king canopy 8-4-18 and on delivery day the following Saturday was told by the delivery guys that they had the wrong screws. Had to reschedule for Tuesday then they came too early at 12:30 instead of us being the last stop as discussed. Rescheduled following Sunday. Delivery guys came were hard to understand. Said first time putting a bed like this together and that it was a hard bed to assemble but the screws were the right ones. They damaged the bed by stripping the screws. They were so aggressive putting it together they ruined.

To cover themselves they said since I have the insurance or warranty on the bed just call in three years and get another one. That sounds like fraud. Customer service was called. Pics of damage sent and rescheduled again after declining 200.00 off to keep damaged bed. Who would keep the damaged bed. That is an insult! This is now the 4th scheduled time and the next signature delivery guys came and could not take the bed apart. City was already notified and aware of the screw issues. Why did they not send the right people. They called cust service, sent more pics.

Now they want me to waste another day waiting on them and hoping they get it right this time. The only compensation for my trouble and their error was waive delivery fee and 50 in store credit. The same credit offered over and over each time they screwed up. Even the sales girl said since they dropped the ball she would zero out my account and no fee but customer service won't honor that. I am so aggravated and if I reschedule again this will be the 5th time! I want a refund and be done with them. They said no refund policy or returns. Only exchange.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

I wish to address and bring to the notice of the general public, the very poor, unacceptable and deficient customer experience I had at City Furniture. I and my Wife had intended to make some purchases from City Furniture, but our payment was blocked without any cogent reason from the management of the firm. In a very vague and unprofessional manner, we were told that they could not verify us. This was after we had provided my driver’s license, my wife’s Las Vegas Sheriffs Card from the Police department as well as Passport. After refusing to honor the sale using the store's line of credit with Synchrony bank; they added that we could not pay for our order using a credit card or debit card. They insisted that we could only get the products when we pay for it with cash. No one in the customer support team truly offered a sane explanation or tried to resolve the issue.

I own an exotic car rental company, so I verify ID's pretty much every day and this entire situation does not add up. I spoke to the bank, and they stated that everything is fine from their end. It got more infuriating when City Furniture refused payment from my Amex visa and MasterCard. Based on the foregoing, I wish to bring to the notice of the general public the very unprofessional and poor service culture which seems to be a norm at City Furniture. The treatment I received made me look like a profiled criminal who is simply hanging on to any goodwill I can get from City Furniture.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2018

Purchased sectional with SERVICE protection, and after a month we found out the quality was GARBAGE. We called for service and the service guy could not figure out how to call us. We called back for 3 WEEKS looking for assistance and every day and City kept saying they are trying to arrange to come out- FINALLY after 1 month, YES 1 month they came out and the service man was there for 1 minute and said the item was broken and NOT repairable- This horrible company offered us $100 to keep this junk as is and not have it repaired.

We paid over $3,000. We said NO and we want replaced and here we are 3 months later with NADA-- Buyers BEWARE- Go to a reputable company and stay away from City Furniture-- Also Good Luck ever finding your salesman- They all leave that place after a few weeks. We are guessing because they see how City Furniture runs a business and it is HORRIBLE. Customer service should be renamed to Customer disservice. Stay Away from them.

Original review: July 28, 2018

I received a gift one year ago. Beautiful Kevin Charles leather sectional couch valued at $1700. I was so grateful to receive this as a gift. The couch looks horrible now. The leather is cracking, and peeling everywhere. I know this isn’t normal after only one year. It also has a pull out bed which makes noise when sitting on that side of the couch now. I was happy with this present and now so disappointed and disheartened. I thought Kevin Charles was a quality brand and would last for years. Now I’m stuck having to buy another one. As a single mom I cannot afford to buy another couch. I believe a refund or replacement should be offered. I will NEVER buy Kevin Charles again and do NOT recommend anyone else buy them either. Nor will I buy from City Furniture for selling this product without disclosing how quickly it will deteriorate. I don’t want to hear “normal wear and tear” because it has only been ONE year!!

Original review: July 21, 2018

I bought a table. It has a glass center. The table is 2 months old. Water went in the crack. It swelled the wood. The crack was not sealed. Was told it is not a manufacturer defect. WHO WOULD THINK WATER WOULD GET ON A TABLE! It cost me 50$ to have someone come and look at. This company does not stand behind what it sells. The rep. would not even take the time to look at the real problems with the way it was made. Common sense does not matter to them. I am the person out the $. All he kept saying was it was not a manufacturer defect. Just want all people to know how they treat their customers.

Original review: July 20, 2018

Bought a bedroom set in June. Pieces randomly delivered, delivery dates change constantly, bed rails on back order until August, customer service is a total joke, and no communication between delivery people and whoever is in charge. Right now there is a giant box with a footboard in my room and headboard wedges between bed and wall. It’s attached to nothing but delivery guys said it will be okay so fingers crossed.

After HOURS on the phone (the number on receipt goes to some call center rep who says to call salesperson then salesperson says they can’t do anything and says call center in a useless loop) some manager waived delivery charge IF I call her after furniture is all delivered. Oh, they also snuck in that ridiculous warranty which I did manage to get credited back to cc... or at least they said they will. This company is a joke. They can keep their cheap laminate garbage. It would be easier to buy directly from China. Dishonest about everything!!

Original review: July 20, 2018

After waiting 4 hours with no show-up delivery yesterday, instead of calling me to apologize and reschedule, City Furniture gave my order away to others and told me to wait for another 10 days for the backorder. I was on the phone more than 2 hours with the people in store and also their customer service people, no one can really help and fix the issue. I was shocked by the customer service, so I found their President and COO's email to compliant. 1 hour later, I received a phone call from higher level of the customer service saying she is following up from Executive office and asked me what happened. After I explained everything for the 4th time today, she said "oh, I do apologize. It is our mistake but nothing we can do..." If apology works, why we still need a policeman???

So I gave up, I would like to cancel my order, guess what??? Their customer service cannot cancel the order, they have to contact the sales person to cancel my order. And the salesperson won't be available in the next 2 days. Shame on you, City Furniture! I was wondering how you still have business with such bad service and so many angry customers. I wish I have read all these reviews before I went to you. I will never ever come back to your store again.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I'm a very unhappy customer. I purchased a warranty plan on an entertainment center and the door fell off. When I called to have them fix it they told me it would take 11-15 weeks to get the part. It is a very basic part for a model they have 100s of pieces for. Don't buy their furniture or service plans. They are very dishonest. They even had the nerve to tell me they don't have contact information to call their vendors to order a part. So now I have to have a huge piece of furniture in my house with the door off for a quarter of a year. I didn't realize this company was this unprofessional and dishonest. They could easily just take a door off an existing piece of the several hundred of this furniture they have in stock and put it on my door.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Bought an adjustable base on City Furniture website and paid for premium delivery and it gave me a delivery date of Tuesday. Got a call Monday from their customer service saying they could not deliver before Wednesday. I had planned to get the merchandise on Tuesday because my new mattress (purchased somewhere else) was also being delivered Tuesday so I could set it up on the bed base. Wednesday CF called again, they can't deliver Wednesday. "It will be Thursday or Friday" depending on truck availability they said. I am so upset. They said they will waive the delivery fee if it is delivered??? Their customer service agents are useless, rude and do not at all connect with the customer. I can't find a contact information for any executive at City Furniture. The worst experience ever!

Original review: June 26, 2018

After 13 months, the back of the reclining sofa was loose. The guy came out. Hit it with a hammer and tightened 2 screws. Charged me 50.00. After 16 months, the sofa is peeling really bad. Last week I went to their showroom and spoke to a salesperson about it and was told I should have purchased the 3 year protection plan. How about City Furniture selling a product that will last more than 16 months. I feel they should stand behind their products and replace the sofa. I think most people purchase furniture expecting it to last longer than 16 months.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We purchased a mattress from City Furniture that was a sale item. It was covered in plastic. We were told that it was sanitized, and wrapped. Our receipt said NO RETURNS on this item. However, after the mattress was delivered and the plastic removed, we had a horrible odor from the mattress to the point of smelling up the room. City Furniture would not help us, or even let us exchange it for a new one at our cost.

Original review: June 8, 2018

We bought dining room set Nov of 2016. Within 6 months the screws were falling out of the seat cushions and City Furniture sent out repairman. His solution, longer screws against my concerns that they would puncture through the cushion and ultimately wouldn't hold anyway. Told City Furniture rep we were not satisfied with the fix, he said don't worry, they would work with us, even if they went out of warranty (the repair was done at the 11th month mark). Several months later and the screws were puncturing not only the cushions, but us as well, drew blood. Another service call but now they say we are out of warranty and this is just a courtesy.

They ordered new cushions which took almost 4 months to arrive, only 3 arrived, and they looked used. Nowhere near as nice as the ones on my chairs. Another half dozen conversations and they offered 50% off another purchase, to include just replacing the chairs we had with identical ones, but we pay for the exchange at 50% even though the whole thing started out under warranty. Opted for new cushions to be ordered and they advised it will be 18 weeks until they arrive. Whatever you buy at City Furniture, evaluate it on the day you make the purchase, don't make any decisions based upon warranties, you'll just get disappointed.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I will try and be as brief as possible - I strongly suggest shopping somewhere else. 4 out of the 11 pieces were damaged, 1 was missing. One month later we are still trying to resolve. It will take another 2 weeks to resolve they say. They keep making mistakes and we keep having to correct and guide them. Even two pieces we went to pick up ourselves were damaged, they never inspected them. The delivery people bring and take only what they want, not what the order says. They have been dishonest from the sale, each person telling us something different about returns, exchanges etc.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I purchased a leather couch from City Furniture and paid for the stain removal warranty. They did not advise me that I had to call right away as soon as the stain happened, although you don’t always see it right away. They came to try to remove the stain, used 3 products and it didn’t come off. That was all they could do, so I have a less than a year old couch with stains even though I paid to have them removed.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I received my delivery a week late. Then on the day of delivery they were scheduled to come between 9:30-12:30 and I had to call at 12:30 to find out what was going on. Upon delivery hours later, they left without putting the knobs on the draws and two draws were broken. When I asked about it they said to call customer care and left. They are the worst service I have ever experienced with furniture???

Original review: March 13, 2018

I bought a 3-year "In-Home Service Warranty". Defective cushions on 2 of the seats. They are not honoring the WARRANTY per contract! I bought a leather sectional sofa in the summer of 2016 that cost us about $4000 plus. Along with the sofa we also purchased the "In-Home Service Warranty". After just a yr and a half the 2 of the 5 pieces from the sofa have flattened out and is misshapen. THIS IS A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT! You can even see it bulge out A LOT further than the rest. The cushions have failed. I had a tech come in and inspect it from City Furniture. To find out City Furniture just claimed it as normal wear and tear.

I even called the tech up because they blamed the tech saying, "No he deemed it normal wear not us. So we will not do anything for you." The tech said, "No I can see the cushion is only defective on 2 seats," but they don't want to pay for fix it. HOW? THE CUSHIONS ON 2 SOFAS ARE DRAMATICALLY DIPPED AND FAILING COMPARED TO THE REST. I have a yr and a half left on the warranty and they are not honoring WHAT I PAID FOR on their part. Horrible service!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

We recently made a big purchase at City Furniture HQ of about 4K in furniture. Our purchase included our dining table with 5 Camilla Gray Upholstered Chairs. We have cleaned a few stains with a terry cloth and water and with great disappointment the fabric was discolored. This has become an eye sore in my dining room. What’s upsetting is that upon purchase the salesperson recommended these chairs to us not only because they matched the table really well, but also because they were easy to clean and maintain, hence, this is a product made to be used for dining purposes. The product they sold us is of very poor quality. I contacted CS and spoke with Kageene **, she offered me a 40% discount to reselect and purchase 5 chairs and she also scheduled a person to come out and try to fix the problem. The tech came out today and he did not believe I had cleaned the chairs with just water and a Terry cloth.

I showed him exactly what I did and he too saw how easily the fabric became discolored. He was surprised and was short of words and then much later claimed I did it too rough. The tech deemed the damage irreparable. He called Kageene to inform her, and to add insult to injury, she offered me a 30% discount, and argued with me that she had never offered me 40%. Not only am I displeased with the product they sold my family, but their CS agents unwillingness to listen, and furthermore, disregard me as a complete liar. I assure you that on my initial call and conversation with your agent she offered me 40%, of which clearly I refuse to accept for the simple matter that I was never told the fabric on these chairs is unsuitable for dining purposes. They have tossed me around from person to person, and no one is willing to help. Terrible service, terrible product.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We paid in full for various furnitures. After waiting for weeks and months for items to be delivered. We noticed that upon receipt that we have received wrong items or damaged items. They are selling items that are not in stock and are making customers wait months only to be delivered damaged items. I have videos and photos of all of the furniture I've bought that arrived damaged. I asked for replacement and they sent a guy to repair a brand new drawer. Other items they have said we have to wait for weeks. More than a month for the item to be replaced.

We even pay for insurance to cover these items and still not suffice. We had a stain on the couch and they said to just use a cleaner on the sofa. We received a bench with a cut on it, and an old piece of tape covering it. Furniture unaligned, chips, wrong sized chairs. We have drawers that don't close right. Mismatching items and colors. We seem to not get anywhere with City Furniture. We have paid over $10,000 on furniture and complained to City and said they would just give us a $100 for the inconvenience. We even various video showing defects. We have dozens of pictures but it did not allow us to submit more than 4 images.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I purchased a sectional sofa a little over a year ago. I just made my last payment. At the time I also purchased coverage for the fabric. At this time the fabric is pilling and the sofa is understuffed. Very cheaply made. I will NEVER purchase any more furniture from this store. I have spent over $10,000 in purchases from City Furniture. I called their Customer Service Dept but got no results. The warranty on the fabric DOES NOT cover the material pilling! Why did I get the warranty in the first place? I thought it covered the fabric. The only option I got was to spend more money to replace the piece I'm referring to.

I am totally unhappy with the sofa, which cost me 4300 and unhappy with the options that were given to me. It is a defective piece and should be taken back AT NO ADDITIONAL cost to me. Because of these reasons, I will not purchase any more furniture from this store nor recommend it to anyone! Below you will find a photo of the understuffed sectional piece. The pilling of the material does not show in the photo.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I moved from out of town with no furniture. Ordered over $5K of stuff. Scheduled delivery to the new condo. They "had the condo in their database" and also called to arrange delivery. Condo rules, no moving after 4:30 PM. They scheduled my delivery window for after the condo allows. Then they couldn't get me the furniture the next day... meantime I'm sitting on the floor with no furniture.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I have never dealt with a company so incompetent and with such horrible customer service. I thought Comcast was bad but City Furniture takes the cake. The GM and Manager at the store in FM are not at all concerned with helping their customers. Numerous lies told by local staff and the customer service team in Ft. Lauderdale. They allow their drivers to make the rules as they go. I have wasted hours on the phone trying to resolve issues with this company and I am DONE! Stay away from this company unless you want to be disappointed. Not even worth one star!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

City Furniture is the worst... Poor customer service, poor delivery and overall bad experience. Do not buy furniture from City Furniture. I have been waiting for almost a month for my bedroom set. I was told it was in back order. Today makes 3 weeks I have been waiting for my bedroom set. I was contacted by a delivery driver to inform me he would be here in 45. Asked if I had rails. Said no and he replied he would call back. Per City Furniture my order was cancelled by the driver and I’m waiting for my delivery. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM CITY FURNITURE.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Purchased some items from City Furniture. Received a call confirming delivery with the caveat that one item was out of stock. I told customer service to cancel that item and refund the purchase price. Well two more calls to City Furniture with no resolution. No one takes responsibility. Once you buy you are on your own.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Except for Mike ** who was outstanding and a customer service rep who worked with us, we found City's return policy to be so onerous that we will not shop there again. Essentially, everything you now buy is as is once it leaves the store. My wife and I bought the wrong height bar stools and immediately called the store hoping to exchange them for the right height. We were told that there was no replacement or return policy once items leave the store. Our bar stools were still in the boxes except for the one we left the warehouse with unwrapped. After much haggling, the finally told us we could return them with a 15% restocking fee. I was told that this policy is the result of some people misusing the return policy. However, we've been shopping at City for years and the new policy is too restrictive for us to continue to shop there.

In my opinion, City is punishing the good customers for the misbehavior of a few instead of trying to make lemonade out of lemons by perhaps separating the exchange policy from the return policy or having a program for elite customers who were able to return items by being in elite club of some sort with City. But there are legitimate returns or exchanges that need to be made by people who are making major purchases when an item doesn't fit or there's a desire to exchange an item. Otherwise, in my view, City Furniture is reducing itself to a second tier retailer that even professionals like Mike can't overcome.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

This is the worst experience... Three weeks ago was delivered water damaged and full of mold. After spending months cleaning up mold from hurricane. Have spent many hours on phone and sending pictures to company. They came finally today to have only sent the wrong pieces. Now they are saying another week before can be delivered. Worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. I want them to just take it back and saying no return policy... Buyer beware. Do not buy from CITY FURNITURE.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Their sales practice is disgraceful, the salespeople add warranty when you don't request it and give you a hard time when you tell them to remove it. The furniture is extremely poor quality, and the customer service is nonexistent. The cheap Chinese made furniture arrived damaged, you have to photograph the damage and fill in an online form, then they ignore you. So you then need to ring and stay on hold for hours at a time trying to find out when someone is going to call you and resolve the issue, the automated response you get from the online damage form is a NO REPLY email so the only thing you can do is call them and wait on hold for hours and hours. We should always learn from your experience, so I am passing on my experience to you so you don't have to waste days of your life like I did. DO NOT SHOP CITY FURNITURE OR ASHLEY'S UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

City Furniture Company Information