Tamarac, FL

1.0/5 (55 ratings)

About City Furniture

City Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

We purchase $5,000+ and paid for premium delivery of living room furniture in June, 2022. The sofa came in defective from delivery date. The loveseat had a noticeable stain also. City Furniture sent out an inspection (one week later) and they decided they would replace both pieces. We are now in end of September, and I am being told the furniture is in backorder until end of October. We have been waiting for 5 months for furniture I specifically picked out because it was not on backorder. Customer Care Rep. Samantha (there are 3 different Samantha's I have spoken with thus far) states that she is "trying to educate" me, the customer, on how backorders work... Meanwhile, I am supposed to continue making payments through their financing company and continue having broken furniture in my living room. I should have/could have had better service and product from a flea market.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

They're denying my claim to use the warranty I purchased which I was told would be covered. City furniture is dishonest & have blamed the fact that they know I moved as a reason to not cover my damaged item.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2022

To save an insanely long review, I will simply say to avoid this company at all costs and give a “short” explanation. We purchased a dining set among other items…along with a warranty. The chairs and bench for the dining set fell apart and were stained. We filed a claim, service comes, and they can’t remove the stains or repair the chair. We are told that we are entitled to replacements. Fast forward 8 months and a minimum of 6 failed replacement attempts later with so many EPIC disasters that it’s hard to believe, we are left with nothing more than text messages going back to June that conflict with each and every message. In June, via text, we were told that a refund is being processed and would take 7-14 days. In September, we are given the approval code for said refund and told that we would hear within 24-28 hours. 4 days later, after no word from them but me chasing once again, it is not a refund but a store credit.

Today, it turns into a “reselection” and they require picking up the damaged items to proceed with honoring the credit. Despite the fact that I am stupid enough to be paying these morons an additional $400+ for an order with my credit. That leaves me with a dining set for 8 that will ultimately seat 4 and OUT more money. They claim we were given this information previously, yet they are unable to provide the email or any names of who was spoken to, who from the company that called and when.

At this point, I’ve given up. They can keep the phantom credit and I’m stuck with the crap furniture that, though I knew is not high quality, couldn’t even last 4 months without falling apart. PLEASE do yourself a favor and just don’t even bother with this place. You’ll never have the same sales person (because they never stick around) and you’ll be fed nothing but lies, inconsistencies and left with ZERO customer support WHEN you do have issues. And you WILL have issues. Even with a PAID FOR warranty. Ultimately, I lose…But no one else has to. Please do yourself a favor and do not bother with these people.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2022

We bought a very nice high-end king-size mattress and adjustable frame. The sales lady was very nice and professional. Even though their prices were higher than the competition, I thought their customer service would be professional. Their showrooms were top-notch. The bed frame was delivered, but the mattress was on backorder and did not come for another 2-3 weeks. I never heard of that happening in my life. My wife and I decided to exchange our new bedding for two twin xl mattresses and adjustable frames. Guess what happened? They refused to take back the king adjustable frame. Cost me $1300. No other competitors

have that horrible policy.

So today we were delivered the two new twin xl mattresses and adjustable frames. Guess what? One adjustable frame does not work. Their horrible customer service said they could send out a service technician on Oct 1st. OMG. This company is the worst ever. Beautiful showroom, worst service ever. I doubt if they will stay in business after burning so many customers. Shame on them.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2022

Purchased over $22,000 worth the furniture in one year. Sectional is only 6 months old knew I would have a problem with this when it came damaged five times and finally got it okay on the sixth time. Back rests that push out to make couch wider all uneven and not operational. Right seam on sectional is open up. Couch is 6 months old. City Furniture is saying this is not under the manufacturer's warranty? Are you joking? Customer service down in pompano is rude, arrogant and blames everything on the customer.

There's obviously no way that this is not under manufacturer's warranty. City Furniture is just quick to sell you stuff and then you're stuck with something. People beware. Don't ever accept anything damage to your house waiting for a replacement. Refuse the furniture and wait till you get a new one in stock otherwise you're stuck with it.

Original review: July 21, 2022

On August 14 2021. I decided to purchased with City Furniture a dining table. Super excited because Christmas was coming and I was going to have all my family together to have our dinner. Once I received the dining table on September 2nd 2021, I made I claim because the table had damages on two of the corners and the wood was all cracked. After the claim was made I received on October 2021 the exchange for the “New” dining table and when it was opened the table had the corners and the feet of the table once again with bumps and damages as-well with the glass that came with yellow stains all over.

I had called for a 2nd time to make the complain and to received a new piece. City furniture first solution was to send me a special painter that they have that would paint the table were it was damaged to make it look as new. The piece worth was $2,417.80. Please explain to me how can they even suggest that to a client that has purchased a “Brand New Item” for that amount and has had 2 first bad experiences.

After the claim was made they said I was going to receive a new dining table by February 18th 2022. After that they moved it to June 25th and now they are extending the date for September 2022. It has been almost a year without a dining table that has already been paid for. I’ve been calling city furniture for help because they are offering me a limited and a specific time and date for me to pick a new piece. But nothing will guarantee quality and responsibility in time delivery. So I told them I would like them to please instead of giving me a time frame for me to pick a different item that I don’t want or need to give me the credit unlimited time for when I decided to use it.

I spoke to Christian and Elizabeth supervisors on July 11th at 9:25am and their reply was that they can’t do nothing for me but to extend my exchange for July 22nd and I asked to speak to someone with a superior position that could help me. Elizabeth said she was going to send an email to all managers- supervisors and who ever wanted to help was going to call me back in 48 hours. Till today July 21st 2022 I didn’t received any phone call back from City Furniture team. I decided to call AT 2:49PM and spoke to Isabel who just asked me the case number was, I gave it to her and she just decided to transfer the call to Geraldine, mentioning she was part of the Escalation Team in City Furniture and that she has spoken to Christine (who I don’t know who she is) and that they can’t do anything for me.

At this point I want MY REFUND BACK. Her response was their policy doesn’t allow refund. I asked one more time to speak to someone with a higher position and spoke to Milton claiming he was part of the Management Team with the worst attitude ever. Just replying back there is nothing we can do you can’t get money back you can only exchange and you only have till July 29th.

This has been the most uncomfortable and worst experience ever. City furniture does not have any type customer service respect for their clients. Having a bad attitude with no solution to a client that has already paid a dining table never received. And not only that applying policy to clients offering no refund and limited time. But not focusing on their policy with employees of how to treat a client or worst then that making sure what they deliver is in right and perfect conditions. I need my money back. Never ever shopping with them again. Worst company ever!!

Original review: June 28, 2022

I am having trouble receiving a refund for an outdoor dining table purchased last year (2021) in May that was received damaged. I did file a claim and requested an exchange for the same table, but when the replacement table was received in Oct 2021, that one was also damaged. Both tables were returned to City Furniture.

I have filed claims with pictures, I have called customer service many times, I have written several emails and yet no resolution. They (customer service) keep telling me the issue is with the domestic shipping department. To date (June 2022) I have not received any response to my numerous emails. Pictures: table 1 was built before I noticed damage. Table 2 is still in the box.

Original review: June 21, 2022

Extremely unprofessional customer service and company. Don't fall for their scam and their promises prior to your purchase. They're all bunch of lies. After you purchase they go against everything they promised you. They will not refund your money for online order, even though the furniture is still in the original box and never been opened. They had a note on my account that they will take them back even after the 3 days grace period! I called customer service and told them I'm not going to open the furniture for few days, they added a note to my account to make an exception to their 3 days policy and will allow refund. I called and told them that after opening the sofa and love seat, I realized the two chairs will not fit in my living room and that's why I did not even open the boxes and would like to return them. But they refused to take them back.

I Called customer service several times and talked to Luis **, Tina (**) and her supervisor Shanika (All very rude and unprofessional). Told me they will not take the chairs back since it was after 3 days. They all saw the note on my account, but totally ignored it, wasting my time for several hours. Be very careful, they make so many promises before you purchase. But after you pay, they don't keep any of them. I would recommend never buy anything from this company. It's unheard of that they don't take the chairs that were not even opened few days after delivery, even though they had a note on my account that they gladly take them back if I wasn't happy. They just lie to you to sell their furniture and after that they completely refuse to even follow their own written note on the account. Never buy anything from them. Horrible business and horrible customer service.

Original review: June 17, 2022

Florida friends beware. Certain sales reps and managers at City Furniture’s West Palm Beach store do not have your best interests in mind. Vesna sold me a table that is too short for the chairs she recommended! I have been ignored and lied to for the past three months. My claim has been denied because customer warranty declared it’s my preference to have a table that is too short for the chairs! The store manager Tashed said I should have measured it before buying the table. Silly me, I trusted that Vesna advised me correctly! Don’t trust them. No one at that store accepts responsibility. No one responds or cares.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I purchased the Dalton dark gray leather vinyl sectional. 18 months HEADRESTS STARTED PEELING! City Furniture did not help at all. Out of warranty and my husband refused to get the extended warranty. Leather should not peel when you put your head on the headrest. THIS IS DEFECTIVE PRODUCT AND THEY REFUSE TO ADMIT IT. There are numerous complaints online about the same couch same problem with peeling. Sadly city is still selling this couch to unsuspecting consumers. So I will plaster this all over the internet so no one else gets taken for a $3,000 ride! They stink and lost a very loyal customer their stuff isn’t the high quality it was when the original owners were in place. Cheap goods high prices and VERY RUDE SERVICE HELP!

City Furniture Company Information