3.41/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Tamarac, FL

298 City Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 23, 2019

Let me give you a summary of the problems we have been having with City Furniture. In February 2019, my wife and I purchased 2 matching recliners from City Furniture. A couple weeks after delivery, the fabric in one recliner separated. We contacted CF and they sent an independent repairman. The repairmen came, looked at the recliner then called into CF and told them the fabric would need to be changed. City Furniture responded by telling him that they were no longer stocking this item. They in turn said they would give us FULL credit for BOTH recliners to come back into the store and pick out something else.

We went and found a reclining leather sofa. 15 Day after the NEW sofa was delivered the wooden frame broke and the sofa was now unusable. We called CF who again sent a repairman. The repairmen again call CF and was told that the repair parts would take 13 weeks to come in. I raised a stink because the sofa we only 3 weeks old. CF decided to exchange it for another of the same sofa. The Next NEW sofa arrived and the electric foot rest was binding. CF again sent a repairman. The repairmen fixed the problem but took it upon himself to tell us that, “These sofas have a weight limit”! I am 62 years old 6 feet tall and weigh 250 pounds. If that’s the case then they need to put signs on the furniture in their showroom that states “FOR SKINNY PEOPLE ONLY!”

I called CF to complain about this comment and was told over the phone that the repairman noted that the broken foot rest was customer abuse not a manufacturer defect. How could I abuse it when it came broken? CF will not let me return the sofa. All I want is to return the sofa and then go to a reputable furniture store and buy a GOOD sofa. We live in a guard gated community and we joke that CF repair is now on our weekly visitor list at the gate. Can you help. Check their reviews. Hundreds of people are experiencing the same problems, I wish I had.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Purchased a sofa and purchased the warranty plan. Have made numerous calls to come clean furniture. Refused to come because I’m unaware what the stain is or came from. Like an idiot I purchase a dining room set, unbeknownst to me that I had to assemble it myself. Because they offered free shipping if you spent a certain dollar amount they refused to assemble. I am going to return items and purchase somewhere else. They don’t even deserve a star.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

The worst of the worst. Do not do business with this store. Purchased 2 large living room chairs on Thursday, 3/21/19. Agreed upon delivery for Tuesday, 3/26/19. Cleared my schedule to be home that day. Was notified the evening before that delivery would be between 3PM and 6PM. So far so good. At 5PM that day, checked their App, which provides live location of delivery truck and estimated arrival time. App indicated that estimated delivery time would be between 9:30PM - 11:00PM! Would have been nice if they'd actually notified me of big delay.

Being that my community does not allow deliveries after 6PM, I immediately called. 45 minutes later, after being on hold and having to speak with several reps, I was told "sorry, but we can't do anything about it, except reschedule your delivery." I asked for delivery the next day (Wednesday), as I could be home that entire day if necessary. Was told that the first day available was Thursday. I said OK, however I could only be home after 1PM. Was told that's fine. So Wednesday evening, I'm notified that delivery will be between 9:30AM and 12:30PM!

Once again had to call, be put on hold, and transferred from rep to rep for an entire hour. Was eventually told quite rudely that I "must take delivery when indicated or chairs will be given to another customer, and back-ordered for me, with estimated delivery sometime in May". Having been jerked around so much, I canceled the order. These people are dishonest, and I would give them zero stars if I could. Stay away from them if you don't want to waste a lot of your time and have a lot of aggravation!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought a sectional from City Furniture less than a year ago that needs replacement support legs. City Furniture service department "John #**" was not only unhelpful but rude. John even went as far as to tell me that he has tried to order parts from this mfg in the past but they do not offer replacement parts. Why would City Furniture sell a sofa they know the mfg does not offer replacement parts? I paid over 2k for the sofa that I only was able to use for 11 months. This was the second sofa I purchased from City Furniture and it will be my last.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I bought a couch and seven months later it faded and City Furniture will do very little to fix the problem. I had to pay their repair guy $50 in cash to come and tell me to replace the cushion I would have to pay for. That is right CASH! No check or credit cards accepted. I have been buying furniture from City Furniture for almost 20 years and would say 90% of the furniture in my home is City Furniture. That is multiple kitchen sets, both children's bedroom sets, my bedroom set, and mattress and multiple living rooms sets, including couches.

The issue is with the $3,000 couch my wife and I bought 8 months ago. I noticed, about a month ago, the couch was discoloring where your legs rest on the base. It looked like it was a ten-year-old piece of furniture but it was only seven months old at the time. It is not like it is sitting in a waiting room in some office; this is our TV watching couch we sit on for a couple of hours a night (tops).

I called City Furniture fully thinking they would stand behind this manufacturer's defect but I was wrong. After a lengthy conversation over more than a week, they were going to do me a "favor" and for $50, they would have someone come out and re-dye the couch for me. It was made clear this is a one-time courtesy and there would be nothing they could do. The customer service rep also acknowledged this would probably be a problem in another seven or eight months.

So, the repair guy showed up, I gave him $50 in cash and he said he was not going to dye the leather as the customer service rep said he would. He said that would be more cash but the best thing to do is replace the cushion for another $175. I am okay with that but why would customer service tell me it was $50 and the guy comes out, collects the $50 and then tells me they will come back. The repairman also "leveled with me" and said the salespeople at City Furniture will never tell you this, but they know the quality of their leather products are terrible. After being a loyal customer for almost 20 years, I will never shop at City Furniture again and I will make it my mission to make sure everyone knows how shady they are as a company.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: April 4, 2019

Where do I begin... I ordered an entire home of furniture. I mean, the entire house. So just imagine the amount I spent. So, if you are going to buy just a barstool, trust me, they will just kick you down like a dog if they treat people who buy tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff. I had to choose a delivery date 3 weeks out. Ok fine... I get it. They wanted to keep all my stuff together. No problem. They get here. The delivery guys tell me that my daughters bed doesn’t have all the parts and it’s basically broken. Ok so I’m thinking they will replace it. Nope. Customer Hell calls me to say that they don’t have any of the parts for this bed at all (they sell it this way without telling you) and they send out a 3rd party to build the parts and they won’t guarantee their work. Heck no. Fought for DAYS to have them take away the broken bed to get another new one. Days. My kid slept with me for days because she didn’t have a bed.

Finally after I called and had my poor mother call, someone says that I can pick out another bed. I pick out another bed and as I’m checking out, customer hell tells me they decide to rescind the offer. No joke. I just flipped. The salesman even flipped on them. 4 hours later, they decided I could have a working bed again. Then they deliver batteries ($400 a pop and I had 2) for my recliner that do not work. Can I replace those? Of course not! They want to send a 3rd party out to make sure they don’t work! And the 3rd party won’t call me for 48 hours to even make an appointment.

They were expecting me to have more strangers come into my home and sit there for 3 hours to wait for these batteries to die. I flipped. Another salesperson felt so bad, he snuck me replacements. Then, they still send not one but two of these 3rd party people to my home weeks upon weeks later to fix these things I no longer even have! We are in April (April 4) and this hell began in February. I still don’t even have all my furniture. Buyer beware. Don’t put yourself through the stress of this.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I purchased a very expensive leather sectional even paying extra for the in-home service. Sure enough just after a year, the leather has a few holes but not their problem. So they did say that I received a gift certificate for not using the in-home warranty. I said I never received it in the mail and they could clearly see I had not used it. So it cannot be re-issued and they are sorry???? So bad quality and I’m responsible that when it was mailed last November/December with the holiday mail, it was never delivered. They will absolutely not work with customers to fix the issues. I see why they are rated a 1 Star...

Original review: March 30, 2019

Shipped us 4 chairs, three identical and one from a different set. Would not replace the mismatched chair for months. Would not return 7 calls and 5 emails. Would not issue credits. Buy from this company at your own risk.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Bought an expensive memory foam/'bamboo' mattress at City Furniture guaranteed not to sag blah, blah, blah. Notified them twice of a problem. Finally went around the local store where I bought it and found a helpful person at an 800 number. Long story short I had to pay $50 for a guy to come out that was clueless, didn't know what type mattress it was, wanted to measure the sag with a 2 foot level. I brought out an 8' straight edge, he said that yes it had about a 2" sag but they refused to honor the warranty because they said it was stained and they could not take it back.

In the first place it was not stained, in the second place what were they planning to do, resell it? The rest of the stuff I bought at the same time are also wearing rapidly i.e. couch is peeling off the 'leather' and the bedside tables are flaking off the cheap 'stain'. Save your money and go to a place that honors their warranty and provides customer service.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Purchased a Kevin Charles sofa in 2017. After about 12 months, the sofa started sinking in and the material ripped from the frame. A repair person came out and said this furniture isn't made anymore so we got credit for a new sofa. We had to pay the difference for the new sofa which we received in January of 2018. Once again, the couch is sinking in and the arm on the chaise was pulling away from the frame. The repair person fixed the arm but cannot do anything about the sagging. City Furniture told him they can't do anything because it's normal wear and tear. Do not buy sofas or sectionals from this place because apparently their furniture only last one year. I would think that since only adults are using this furniture it should last much longer than 1 year.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Had an incredible delay on delivery coordination, schedule for March 8, later 12, finally for the 20, unacceptable because my shipment overseas leave the 15! Nobody call me, no Paul the salesman, come there, Stanley stay seated in front of me 20 minutes without a word, ignoring me. Aleluya, Katerine appears and make my refund! She was the only one that understand customers pay her salary!!! Terrible experience, not recommend to anyone!

Original review: March 13, 2019

My wife and I bought a bedroom and immediately when we bought the bed had 2 service calls. Now bed collapsed from under us 3 weeks for warranty assistance. Promised 50 service charge waived not so false comp.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Horrible experience. I bought a bedroom set for my daughter, I paid the whole set at once back in February 18, I clearly explained to the seller the importance of the delivery date because we had an incident with my daughter's old bed. The seller promised that my order was going to be delivered in February 25, but I only got the mattress and a damaged board, then, they came back brought 1 more part of my order and left the mirror and 2 rails that are not part of my order on my garage. I'm still waiting for the rest of my order, and they say, I won't get it until March 20th, which is more than one month after the purchase.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I recently went to City Furniture to accompany my granddaughter while she was buying furniture, while I was there I noticed dining set I liked. I wasn’t sure about the size however and the sales associate told me we could set everything up as if we were completing the sale and then when I got home I could measure and call back to confirm or cancel.

When I got home, I realized it wasn’t going to fit so I called (same day) and canceled the order (which was supposed to be pending, not completed). The sales Associate SAMIR ** assured me it was canceled. I then called the next day to confirm and he assured me again it was canceled. My granddaughter went into the store the following day and met with SAMIR ** to confirm that it had indeed been canceled and he said it was for sure.

A week later I received a statement in the mail looking for my first payment for the furniture. In the meantime the SAMIR ** kept calling to ask if I wanted to come in the store to look for something else. I kept asking, "Why am I been charge if I cancel the transaction?" But SAMIR ** Kept reassuring me that everything was cancel. 25 days later I had to call the manager and he gave me a refund for the purchase, but his response was very unapologetic, telling me that it was human error on SAMIR **, as if this was not a big deal. I am very sorry, but when it comes to money, companies need to be more responsible on their sales associate's behaviors. Sincerely, a very angry customer.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I purchased a $700 dining set. It was delivered to my home today and the delivery men LITERALLY ran out of my house as soon as setting up the furniture. Then, I noticed EVERYTHING in the set is broken. Every. Single. Thing. I called customer service and they said I had to wait 24-48 hours for someone to call me to set up a time to get it fixed. Never buying anything here ever again. Disgusting, it's a shame.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Purchase a high top wood table and 4 chairs. Almost 1000. 5 minutes after set up left I noticed that the table top did not line up with the base. Clearly the holes were drilled improperly so if table is against wall base is crooked and chairs do not fit flush. They told me they would send me another table. Never did they say that I only had 2 more days to return the entire set. Why would I worry if I was getting another table. I loved the set and waited 6 months to finally order. Second table comes and it is the same crooked table... They are just made improperly. They tell me now I am stuck. They will not take the set back... I have two choices either wait till April when another table comes in or pick something else. Problem is I do not want something else. This is the worst company and beyond sorry that I ever ordered anything. Will never use them and I will tell everyone they suck.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

While shopping for a bedroom set for my teenager son, Claudia ** was great helping me to select the perfect bed. I bought the Forge bedroom set, which was a great value and good quality. Delivery took place the same week and it was done on time by a team of very professional guys. City Furniture gave me a great shopping experience.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Purchased a sectional couch. Worst purchase ever! Stitching coming apart. Couch had creases where anyone sits. Pillows have stuff poking out. Very poorly made. City furniture does not allow anyone to return.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Purchased a couch and love seat and the leather (actually microfiber) began peeling off after a little over a year of use. We are now faced with having to replacing both and City Furniture refuses to help us with the manufacturer (Southern Motion) because we didn't purchase an extended warranty. I feel that this is not a warranty issue but a defect in the product. Their customer service is terrible and would never buy from them again!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I went to City Furniture to purchase a recliner love seat on February 13th, 2016 and met with Felipe the salesman. We looked at the sofa and he claimed that the price went up by $100. I showed him the price on display was the same price as online and he claimed that he would 'Honor" the price. I also asked about the free shipping on items over $495 and Felipe confirmed this. When I told him that I wanted the item shipped to my freight forwarder just five miles away, Felipe stated that the delivery price was $140.

I asked what the difference between delivering to a home and my freight forwarder and he could not give me an answer, but claimed that it was "Store Policy". He also said that he could not guarantee delivery within a one week period. I walked out of the store, because I concluded that they are scammers that prey on foreigners because they know that we are here for a limited time and need to purchase in a timely fashion. I found comparable furniture at IKEA and they delivered the next day at a cost of $59. Also Rooms to go charge $59 for delivery. Stay away from City Furniture!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Purchased this sofa bed so that my cousin (cancer patient) would not have to sleep on the old uncomfortable futon. They delivered next day, 2/9/19. Deliveryman opened and closed the bed. They left and I opened it to measure mattress thickness. It locked up and would not close. I now have an old futon in my living room and a half closed sofa bed in the den. Customer service makes assurances (always sweet) that the service company will call in evening. Does not happen.

I have made numerous calls to them and to the serviceman who is supposed to call me to make an appointment for service. Attempts to call this serviceman is futile as the voice mailbox is full so I can't even leave a message. Tried to call corporate. Phone choices are: employment, customer service (which I know gets us nowhere) and operator. So, I chose 'operator'. 30 rings and no answer. UNHAPPY CITY FURNITURE CUSTOMERS UNITE. If anyone out there knows how to make a website, we could use one to unite and give this company what they deserve.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I cannot in good faith recommend City Furniture in Boca Raton as my experience making purchases there has been less than satisfactory. In early January to be exact on 1/7/2019 we visited their store and upon the basis of a floor model that was slightly damaged we opted to purchase the "only" one remaining in stock. The price was $3500.00 Delivery was scheduled for the following Monday. Needless to say they arrived much later for the delivery than indicated. When they arrived in darkness the delivery personnel told us they could not bring the item to the second floor. They stated they needed another person.

They rescheduled for the following Wednesday and we cancelled all of our appointments. At 8:30 that morning we received a phone call from customer care as they called to tell us that the piece in stock was damaged. How come they did not know this beforehand and make us waste so much time? Disorganized for sure and unreliable.

We returned to the store and purchased the floor model even though we did not want a damaged piece. They gave us a discount on the floor model and finally it

was delivered. I had to make many phone calls to their customer care most of which were unanswered. I was never given any explanation for the horrible service or what happened to the one in stock. I suspect they sold it to another person. We additionally paid $295 for their "design service" and in our opinion this was money poorly spent for what we received. No designs or layouts in writing a short visit to our house and a further look around the store with the salesperson and the designer. We have requested a refund twice in writing to the general manager, but have not received a response as of yet.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I am very disappointed that after I called more than three weeks ago I still have not received a call back from City Furniture Customer Service. This is my second couch, because the first one had many defects and this one have many defects too. I paid more than $1,400.00 for this couch and I request to have at least these two pillows replace. Also the delivery people was not careful and took the two small pillows that I bought extra for the sofa. I called right away when it happened to the Customer Service line and they told me that they are going to send them back by mail. I still have not received them!!! Please give me a call as soon as possible to coordinate, I will like all these problems to be solve.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I needed a new bed and decided to buy it (all of it- the mattress, headboard, etc) at City Furniture because it is a store with “prestige.” When I went to the store I was treated nicely and got a good deal. The nightmare begins two months after my bed was delivered. My bed started to fall apart!!! Turns out that the service I paid to have my bed delivered and set up for me was a total waste! My bed had loose screws and some were missing! I didn’t bother to check beforehand because I trusted that the company would give me a great service. When I went to the store to complain, I was blamed for what had happened or they claimed that I had done it on purpose. They treat you nicely when they want you to buy something, but treat you horribly when they do something wrong and don’t take the responsibility. I haven’t even finished paying for the bed.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I purchased a writing desk from The Villages Spanish Springs store. They did not have the desk in the store so I had to buy it from my picture and description on the Internet. They delivered the desk today along with other items. The driver initially set the desk in the wrong room. As they were leaving I said, "Where is the desk," and found that he had put it in the wrong room. I asked him to move it in the right room. He was in a hurry. I looked at the desk. I said, "This was not as described on the Internet." I asked him about the finish on it. He claimed it was that way due to the type of finished. He said, "If you decide you don’t want to call the store and they will pick it up." He walked out the door. Got in the truck and starting driving away. I’ll tried to call him to stop him and have him to take the desk but he did not answer my call.

I called customer service and held 20 + minutes. They called me back later. Bottom line the desk is mine. Take it or leave it. These customer service people read from a script. They don’t care. I called the local store manager. She said I would have to go thru customer service. That she doesn’t have the authority to help me either. They have just lost a customer and they don’t care. This is a big box store that only sees black and white. They don’t care about the customer and they hide behind all their policies. Shop somewhere else is all I can say.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I decided to go to City Furniture to buy a sectional that I seen in the ads. I went to the store and liked what I saw. The salesman guaranteed a lot of promises that wasn't close to the truth. I bought a leather sectional that cost a lot of money. After only 5 months I noticed spots that look like it was fading. Like some discoloration or something. I got a warranty on the furniture so I called and email with pictures of the problems to City Furniture about the issue. They sent someone out and insisted that the chair started changing colors because of the Heat. That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard especially when you live in Florida. They refused to take back the chair to give me another one. Only 5 months and chair is fading as if they sprayed the chair and sold it. I've had leather chairs in my house and never have I seen this issue before.

My sister brought the exact sectional as mine's from a different company and yet hers is still in great shape. She also lives in Florida. I've fought with these people for months and they refused to do anything. They had the nerves to offer me a discount on next item purchased. I will never ever purchase or recommend City Furniture to anyone. They are greedy disgusting people and I really hope they go out of business. Looking at others reviews, it says a lot about this company. I wish I read the reviews before buying anything from them. I'm so disgusted and upset that every time I walk in my back room and see the furniture I get upset. It looks like I had this piece of furniture for over 30 years. Shame on you City Furniture!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Salespeople are completely useless when it comes to follow-up (both sales, customer satisfaction & warranty issues or problems...they're of absolutely no assistance). Their delivery driver's rush into & out of your house, barely giving you time to take a breath, much less actually direct them where to place and inspect the items they've delivered.

NUMEROUS trucks show up, with NO PRIOR NOTIFICATION, without pieces that you've ordered and/or with pieces that are damaged (clearly weren't carefully inspected before they left the warehouse and/or damaged during the drive), only to have to wait weeks more for re delivery OR numerous times I've waited weeks only to be told item was suddenly 'discontinued' (something they could have told me weeks prior or anytime thereafter). Salespeople are commissioned but numerous times I've lingered around for 20 - 30 minutes while numerous salespeople walked past me & never uttered a word. Finally, NO ONE ever answers their customer service email. OVERALL: Terrible sales practices, customer service & marginal furniture quality.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I referred my daughter & son-in-law, Darlene & Michael **, to City Furniture, as we had wonderful service 16 yrs. ago. We ordered a house full of their merchandise... Two trucks were sent at the same time. Everything was unwrapped & placed where we wanted it. We couldn't have been more pleased! Darlene & Mike ordered from them for their new Home. They were delivered a sectional sofa w/ 1 wrong piece...redelivery was the same! They both have already missed 2 days of work to accept ridiculously wrong deliveries! The loss of pay & wasted time to them both is unthinkable! I would never recommend this Company to anyone again, nor would I ever order from them again! They have certainly gone downhill from the Company we so loved & trusted!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Bought Kevin Charles brand believing it stand for quality, but I was wrong. City Furniture unable to provide replacement parts for the poor workmanship hardware. Although they still selling these products, no replacement parts are available (unbelievable!). Spent over 4K in a bedroom set, now the handles of nightstands are breaking like if they are made of plastic. Total number of handles in bedroom set is approximately 15-18. Customer service rep acknowledge that they know about the issue but they are no have any replacement parts. I was told to find hardware someplace else. Last time I buy from City Furniture.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Purchased 6 pieces of furniture and every piece had a problem. Was told complete order was in stock they weren’t. TV stand damaged had to be replaced. Delivered headboard with no brackets. Had to wait until they ordered them and when they arrived they were installed incorrectly requiring new brackets rendering bed unusable for weeks. Screws were stripped and left partially installed. Dresser drawer required repair service call. Nightstand drawer required service assessment with a $50.00 transportation fee in cash to determine what to do. Customer service apologized profusely but City takes no responsibility for poor quality or inconvenience. Absolute awful experience from the salesman who disappeared as soon as there was a problem to the warranty department who kept reading the well scripted company mantra.

City Furniture Company Information