3.43/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Tamarac, FL

Looking for a good furniture store?

306 City Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 18, 2019

This is my first time purchasing from this company. We purchased an entire bedroom set and more. When it was delivered, the bed rails came without drilled holes in them so they could not put our bed together. We were told it would take 2 days until the bed rails could be delivered and be ready for assembly. We call the night before just to make sure these rails were still being delivered on the day. Customer Service told us they would. Come to find out it would take another week to get these rails delivered! They kept telling us, for everything, there was nothing they could do to accommodate us. So now we will be sleeping on mattress for the next week. My first experience with this company and probably my last. I can't believe this stress and lack of willingness to help their customers.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Most horrible customer service ever. We bought a TempurPedic mattress and adjustable bed frame which cost $7200. The delivery came and I told the driver that the frame made noise. He told me it was normal and would get better over time. I immediately called the store and was told that "there are no refunds or exchanges" and they would send someone to fix the frame. I explained that I spent a lot of money on this product and they just kept repeating "there are no refunds or exchanges." I called the manager of the store and she was able to get them to exchange the bed frame.

The delivery people did not show up within the 3 hour range I was given. I called customer service and was told that the 3 hour window was a "courtesy" and they could come any time during the day. When the delivery guy called to say he was on his way, I asked for him to call when he arrived at my house since I work 1/2 mile from my home. He actually HUNG up on me. When they arrived, the lifted the mattress and leaned up against a wall on a slant. When they put the mattress back on the new frame, I noticed that there was damage to the side of the mattress. I told the delivery guy and he said he would come back to take a picture. He got into the truck and drove off without taking a picture!! I spent hours on the phone with customer service and the store manager and at the end of the day, no one cares. They said they would send a technician out to fix the mattress. NO THANK. YOU.

The mattress is brand new and now damaged. I do not want a repair. I want a new mattress. I will NEVER shop in this place again and suggest that anyone reading this does not shop there either. Horrible customer service. The salespeople make the sale and then turn you to customer service if you have a problem. All the customer service people do is tell you politely that you have been screwed! I.e. No refunds or exchanges. Run...and stay as far away from this store as possible!!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Probably the worst, most unprofessional company we have EVER dealt with. Dealing with a warranty issue (after being sold a defective item) has been nothing short of a nightmare. When replacement item was out of stock, I was told to "go shop elsewhere, without a refund" by one of the customer "care" associates. I would have gladly done so, but that would have been difficult to replace a piece in a set. Store associates were also rude and unhelpful in dealing with getting help. Finally after hours and days of wasted time, and more money out of pocket, I have a working barstool. It only took over 4 months. I would never recommend them. Take your hard earned money elsewhere.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Awful customer service, the company does not care about helping the customer. They just want your money. Their sales employees are nice but are not fully trained on important details that can really make a difference on whether you buy an item or not. We purchased a reclining sofa, specified that our room was small and were told it would fit. We weren’t informed on the extra space the sofa needed in order to function 100% so when it arrived it did not fit. We also paid for their premium delivery and after hour delivery. The delivery arrived three hours earlier so it defeated the purpose of paying for after hours and the delivery guys were just rushing and providing incorrect information. That is not premium delivery service. We paid $140 to get the same service had we done the free option.

When we asked to exchange or return the sofa and were willing to pay the 10% fee City Furniture increased the fee to 15% store credit only and we need to pay the delivery fee AGAIN. At this point I would never give City Furniture another penny. I'd rather pay more somewhere else where the company actually values their customers. This was our second experience. The first time we bought a glass table and the sales rep sold us a glass that did not belong on the base. When it was delivered the base required the glass to be attached but what was sold to us just laid there. The glass nearly fell on top of my 5 yr old and we needed to threaten with a liability lawsuit in order for City Furniture to rectify the issue. Needless to say City will not get us a third time!

Original review: July 3, 2019

We have had the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE ever with our recent sectional purchase! My husband and I have worked a combined 45+ years in customer service, so we're both patient people. We're appalled by the way our situation was handled. 1) We purchased a 4 pc KV Austin white sectional on Memorial Day from the Boca Raton store.

2) The delivery arrived 6/03/19, but unfortunately the armless love didn’t line up correctly with the other pieces of the sectional. Within 30 min of delivery I reported the issue, and requested a replacement. *We were offered 2 options: A. a $75 credit to keep our couch as is! (FOR A $2300 couch!) OR B. They’d send someone out to repair the sofa. I said I didn't want a “repaired” brand new sofa, but the woman on the phone informed me that someone would still need to come out and inspect the furniture before it could be replaced. So I was told I’d receive a call within 48 hours to schedule an inspection date.

3) The next day I received a call from the Assistant Manager, Delaney, who sold us sectional. She had read over the delivery notes, and was following up. After I explained I hadn’t received a call yet, she told me we would likely hear by end of day or next day at the latest. In the meantime she suggested sending photos of the couch to speed up the process.

4) Nearly 60 hours after I reported the defective loveseat, still no call! I called the store, and explained my situation to the woma. She read over the notes on our account, and then asked me which company we were waiting to hear from! She obviously didn't know how to help me, so I just told her I’d email Delaney. I attached photos of the misaligned sectional as she had suggested, and told her we were still awaiting a call, and becoming very frustrated. 5) I finally received a phone call on 6/06/19 in the late afternoon. Due to mine & my husband’s crazy work schedules, we can only schedule for Fri-Sun. I was told 6/22/19 was the soonest appt.

6) I received an email from Delaney on the 7th, apologizing for the lack of communication. I let her know we’d made an appt for 6/22, and asked if she knew if they’d be able to replace our loveseat that day now that I had sent photos. She responded that they still need to inspect first because “they might need to replace 1 or 2 pieces so it clicks together.”

7) 6/22/19: The tech showed up, & my husband and I exchange glances because he smelled so bad. He proceeded to put his dirty black clipboard on OUR WHITE COUCH! My husband showed him the problem with the loveseat, while I moved his dirty clipboard to the coffee table. My husband explained that the chaise fit all the other pieces, so we knew the prob was w/ the loveseat. I stepped away, and the next thing I hear is my husband asking why the man is working on our chaise. The man said he needed to move the hardware on the chaise in order to match up the pieces. My husband tells him that we’d like to have the option to rearrange our sectional, or add pieces to it in the future. The man responded “You won’t be able to do that”. What?! I asked what was going on, and explained to my knowledge he was just supposed to be inspecting the couch. He interrupted me, and said “I’m just here to service your couch.”

I tried to tell him that I was not faulting HIM, but was upset about the miscommunication, and that I had even sent pictures of the problem as instructed by the AM. He rudely interrupted me again, and blurted “well why didn’t you just say that?” He was very argumentative, but kept saying “I’m not going to argue with you”, and kept referring to me as "Dear" in a demeaning manner. He made a snide comment about how the customer is always right, and told my husband that he’d put a call into customer service (complaining how he’d have to wait on hold for 30 minutes first), and we’d get a call to schedule for the delivery. After he left we discovered he left black fingerprints on our chaise!

8) About 30 min later, we got a call from Kevin. I told him how awful the tech was, and how there had been a clear miscommunication from day 1. I explained that we still have the original loveseat that doesn’t fit, AND now we have a dirty chaise from the careless tech. I asked for a replacement chaise, but he told me they could only schedule a cleaning service. I then asked what could be done for our horrible experience with the company that has now been ongoing for a month! Kevin said there was nothing he could do, but would escalate our problem to a manager. After 30 minutes on hold, we opted for the callback.

9) Leonora from Corporate (ID #**), called us next. After repeating everything we told Kevin, all she said was how shocked she was to hear that we were unhappy with Mario (the tech). She kept repeating how he’s normally great with customers. Regardless of how great he normally is, he had no right to speak to me the way he did. He didn’t introduce himself when he came in, he didn’t communicate to us what he was doing, he wouldn't let me talk, and most disturbing he didn’t seem to notice or care that he was leaving grungy black fingerprints on our new couch! She told us there was nothing she could do. I asked “you mean to tell me after the horrible customer service we’ve been experiencing for a month now, there’s nothing you can do?” She told us no, nothing she can do. I asked to return the entire sectional for a full refund and she said “We don’t do refunds”, so we asked her to escalate the call to another person.

10) Our final phone call came from someone else at Corporate, who ultimately told us the same thing, “There’s nothing we can do”. My husband told them to have a manager call us back who can help us with our situation. It’s been 10 days, and WE HAVE YET TO RECEIVE THAT PHONE CALL! 11) In the meantime we finally received our replacement loveseat on 6/28, & the chaise was spot cleaned on 6/29. The pieces of the sectional fit together, but sadly there's still a large gap between the chaise and loveseat. We don’t feel it’s worth a phone call, as obviously this company doesn't care about customer service or whether or not we’re happy with our purchase. We’ve already wasted too many hours over this situation.

*We had planned on purchasing other pieces of furniture from CF, including the Sonoma Entertainment Wall, and some tables to complete our living room, but we weren’t offered even so much as a store credit for our troubles, so we will be shopping elsewhere.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: June 27, 2019

I purchased a dining set and a leather sectional for my new home. Delivery was on time. I am very happy with the quality and the price. I will be back for my outdoor set. I recommend this company. No complaints.

Original review: June 3, 2019

Worse experience or service ever. I bought a date was set for Sunday 5/26/19. I call 2 days before to confirm and also to find out at what time the warehouse opens and was informed at 10 am. When we got to the warehouse at 9:50 am the sign said that they open at 11 am. Call cust. serv. to confirm. I forgot to ask if the chair was available so I call back and spoke to Terrence. He confirmed and also told me that they open at 11:30 am. I was already upset and told him that there is a sign that said 11. He was very rude and hung up on me. Bottom line is that after the warehouse open and waited almost 35 min they told that the chair was not available till 6/2/19. I cancel the order.

Original review: May 24, 2019

I don’t know where to start. My almost $2,000 sofa has not even lasted us a year. Our grey sofa began to turn a lighter grey/yellow! I was told that they don’t have replacement parts for this issue nor is discoloration covered under the warranty. The manager I asked to speak to basically told us, “**, we can't help you!” We paid a lot for this couch & its warranty too! It it’s out we purchased a substandard product, not worth even close to 2000 dollars, with a useless warranty. IKEA would have been a better idea!??? There were more issues with delivery! Delivery was a nightmare!!! They damaged my bed and came at a completely different time than scheduled. The delivery people were rude.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Let me give you a summary of the problems we have been having with City Furniture. In February 2019, my wife and I purchased 2 matching recliners from City Furniture. A couple weeks after delivery, the fabric in one recliner separated. We contacted CF and they sent an independent repairman. The repairmen came, looked at the recliner then called into CF and told them the fabric would need to be changed. City Furniture responded by telling him that they were no longer stocking this item. They in turn said they would give us FULL credit for BOTH recliners to come back into the store and pick out something else.

We went and found a reclining leather sofa. 15 Day after the NEW sofa was delivered the wooden frame broke and the sofa was now unusable. We called CF who again sent a repairman. The repairmen again call CF and was told that the repair parts would take 13 weeks to come in. I raised a stink because the sofa we only 3 weeks old. CF decided to exchange it for another of the same sofa. The Next NEW sofa arrived and the electric foot rest was binding. CF again sent a repairman. The repairmen fixed the problem but took it upon himself to tell us that, “These sofas have a weight limit”! I am 62 years old 6 feet tall and weigh 250 pounds. If that’s the case then they need to put signs on the furniture in their showroom that states “FOR SKINNY PEOPLE ONLY!”

I called CF to complain about this comment and was told over the phone that the repairman noted that the broken foot rest was customer abuse not a manufacturer defect. How could I abuse it when it came broken? CF will not let me return the sofa. All I want is to return the sofa and then go to a reputable furniture store and buy a GOOD sofa. We live in a guard gated community and we joke that CF repair is now on our weekly visitor list at the gate. Can you help. Check their reviews. Hundreds of people are experiencing the same problems, I wish I had.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Purchased a sofa and purchased the warranty plan. Have made numerous calls to come clean furniture. Refused to come because I’m unaware what the stain is or came from. Like an idiot I purchase a dining room set, unbeknownst to me that I had to assemble it myself. Because they offered free shipping if you spent a certain dollar amount they refused to assemble. I am going to return items and purchase somewhere else. They don’t even deserve a star.

Original review: April 17, 2019

The worst of the worst. Do not do business with this store. Purchased 2 large living room chairs on Thursday, 3/21/19. Agreed upon delivery for Tuesday, 3/26/19. Cleared my schedule to be home that day. Was notified the evening before that delivery would be between 3PM and 6PM. So far so good. At 5PM that day, checked their App, which provides live location of delivery truck and estimated arrival time. App indicated that estimated delivery time would be between 9:30PM - 11:00PM! Would have been nice if they'd actually notified me of big delay.

Being that my community does not allow deliveries after 6PM, I immediately called. 45 minutes later, after being on hold and having to speak with several reps, I was told "sorry, but we can't do anything about it, except reschedule your delivery." I asked for delivery the next day (Wednesday), as I could be home that entire day if necessary. Was told that the first day available was Thursday. I said OK, however I could only be home after 1PM. Was told that's fine. So Wednesday evening, I'm notified that delivery will be between 9:30AM and 12:30PM!

Once again had to call, be put on hold, and transferred from rep to rep for an entire hour. Was eventually told quite rudely that I "must take delivery when indicated or chairs will be given to another customer, and back-ordered for me, with estimated delivery sometime in May". Having been jerked around so much, I canceled the order. These people are dishonest, and I would give them zero stars if I could. Stay away from them if you don't want to waste a lot of your time and have a lot of aggravation!

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought a sectional from City Furniture less than a year ago that needs replacement support legs. City Furniture service department "John #**" was not only unhelpful but rude. John even went as far as to tell me that he has tried to order parts from this mfg in the past but they do not offer replacement parts. Why would City Furniture sell a sofa they know the mfg does not offer replacement parts? I paid over 2k for the sofa that I only was able to use for 11 months. This was the second sofa I purchased from City Furniture and it will be my last.

Original review: April 10, 2019

I bought a couch and seven months later it faded and City Furniture will do very little to fix the problem. I had to pay their repair guy $50 in cash to come and tell me to replace the cushion I would have to pay for. That is right CASH! No check or credit cards accepted. I have been buying furniture from City Furniture for almost 20 years and would say 90% of the furniture in my home is City Furniture. That is multiple kitchen sets, both children's bedroom sets, my bedroom set, and mattress and multiple living rooms sets, including couches.

The issue is with the $3,000 couch my wife and I bought 8 months ago. I noticed, about a month ago, the couch was discoloring where your legs rest on the base. It looked like it was a ten-year-old piece of furniture but it was only seven months old at the time. It is not like it is sitting in a waiting room in some office; this is our TV watching couch we sit on for a couple of hours a night (tops).

I called City Furniture fully thinking they would stand behind this manufacturer's defect but I was wrong. After a lengthy conversation over more than a week, they were going to do me a "favor" and for $50, they would have someone come out and re-dye the couch for me. It was made clear this is a one-time courtesy and there would be nothing they could do. The customer service rep also acknowledged this would probably be a problem in another seven or eight months.

So, the repair guy showed up, I gave him $50 in cash and he said he was not going to dye the leather as the customer service rep said he would. He said that would be more cash but the best thing to do is replace the cushion for another $175. I am okay with that but why would customer service tell me it was $50 and the guy comes out, collects the $50 and then tells me they will come back. The repairman also "leveled with me" and said the salespeople at City Furniture will never tell you this, but they know the quality of their leather products are terrible. After being a loyal customer for almost 20 years, I will never shop at City Furniture again and I will make it my mission to make sure everyone knows how shady they are as a company.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Where do I begin... I ordered an entire home of furniture. I mean, the entire house. So just imagine the amount I spent. So, if you are going to buy just a barstool, trust me, they will just kick you down like a dog if they treat people who buy tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff. I had to choose a delivery date 3 weeks out. Ok fine... I get it. They wanted to keep all my stuff together. No problem. They get here. The delivery guys tell me that my daughters bed doesn’t have all the parts and it’s basically broken. Ok so I’m thinking they will replace it. Nope. Customer Hell calls me to say that they don’t have any of the parts for this bed at all (they sell it this way without telling you) and they send out a 3rd party to build the parts and they won’t guarantee their work. Heck no. Fought for DAYS to have them take away the broken bed to get another new one. Days. My kid slept with me for days because she didn’t have a bed.

Finally after I called and had my poor mother call, someone says that I can pick out another bed. I pick out another bed and as I’m checking out, customer hell tells me they decide to rescind the offer. No joke. I just flipped. The salesman even flipped on them. 4 hours later, they decided I could have a working bed again. Then they deliver batteries ($400 a pop and I had 2) for my recliner that do not work. Can I replace those? Of course not! They want to send a 3rd party out to make sure they don’t work! And the 3rd party won’t call me for 48 hours to even make an appointment.

They were expecting me to have more strangers come into my home and sit there for 3 hours to wait for these batteries to die. I flipped. Another salesperson felt so bad, he snuck me replacements. Then, they still send not one but two of these 3rd party people to my home weeks upon weeks later to fix these things I no longer even have! We are in April (April 4) and this hell began in February. I still don’t even have all my furniture. Buyer beware. Don’t put yourself through the stress of this.

Original review: April 3, 2019

I purchased a very expensive leather sectional even paying extra for the in-home service. Sure enough just after a year, the leather has a few holes but not their problem. So they did say that I received a gift certificate for not using the in-home warranty. I said I never received it in the mail and they could clearly see I had not used it. So it cannot be re-issued and they are sorry???? So bad quality and I’m responsible that when it was mailed last November/December with the holiday mail, it was never delivered. They will absolutely not work with customers to fix the issues. I see why they are rated a 1 Star...

Original review: March 30, 2019

Shipped us 4 chairs, three identical and one from a different set. Would not replace the mismatched chair for months. Would not return 7 calls and 5 emails. Would not issue credits. Buy from this company at your own risk.

Original review: March 25, 2019

Bought an expensive memory foam/'bamboo' mattress at City Furniture guaranteed not to sag blah, blah, blah. Notified them twice of a problem. Finally went around the local store where I bought it and found a helpful person at an 800 number. Long story short I had to pay $50 for a guy to come out that was clueless, didn't know what type mattress it was, wanted to measure the sag with a 2 foot level. I brought out an 8' straight edge, he said that yes it had about a 2" sag but they refused to honor the warranty because they said it was stained and they could not take it back.

In the first place it was not stained, in the second place what were they planning to do, resell it? The rest of the stuff I bought at the same time are also wearing rapidly i.e. couch is peeling off the 'leather' and the bedside tables are flaking off the cheap 'stain'. Save your money and go to a place that honors their warranty and provides customer service.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Purchased a Kevin Charles sofa in 2017. After about 12 months, the sofa started sinking in and the material ripped from the frame. A repair person came out and said this furniture isn't made anymore so we got credit for a new sofa. We had to pay the difference for the new sofa which we received in January of 2018. Once again, the couch is sinking in and the arm on the chaise was pulling away from the frame. The repair person fixed the arm but cannot do anything about the sagging. City Furniture told him they can't do anything because it's normal wear and tear. Do not buy sofas or sectionals from this place because apparently their furniture only last one year. I would think that since only adults are using this furniture it should last much longer than 1 year.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Had an incredible delay on delivery coordination, schedule for March 8, later 12, finally for the 20, unacceptable because my shipment overseas leave the 15! Nobody call me, no Paul the salesman, come there, Stanley stay seated in front of me 20 minutes without a word, ignoring me. Aleluya, Katerine appears and make my refund! She was the only one that understand customers pay her salary!!! Terrible experience, not recommend to anyone!

Original review: March 13, 2019

My wife and I bought a bedroom and immediately when we bought the bed had 2 service calls. Now bed collapsed from under us 3 weeks for warranty assistance. Promised 50 service charge waived not so false comp.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Horrible experience. I bought a bedroom set for my daughter, I paid the whole set at once back in February 18, I clearly explained to the seller the importance of the delivery date because we had an incident with my daughter's old bed. The seller promised that my order was going to be delivered in February 25, but I only got the mattress and a damaged board, then, they came back brought 1 more part of my order and left the mirror and 2 rails that are not part of my order on my garage. I'm still waiting for the rest of my order, and they say, I won't get it until March 20th, which is more than one month after the purchase.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I recently went to City Furniture to accompany my granddaughter while she was buying furniture, while I was there I noticed dining set I liked. I wasn’t sure about the size however and the sales associate told me we could set everything up as if we were completing the sale and then when I got home I could measure and call back to confirm or cancel.

When I got home, I realized it wasn’t going to fit so I called (same day) and canceled the order (which was supposed to be pending, not completed). The sales Associate SAMIR ** assured me it was canceled. I then called the next day to confirm and he assured me again it was canceled. My granddaughter went into the store the following day and met with SAMIR ** to confirm that it had indeed been canceled and he said it was for sure.

A week later I received a statement in the mail looking for my first payment for the furniture. In the meantime the SAMIR ** kept calling to ask if I wanted to come in the store to look for something else. I kept asking, "Why am I been charge if I cancel the transaction?" But SAMIR ** Kept reassuring me that everything was cancel. 25 days later I had to call the manager and he gave me a refund for the purchase, but his response was very unapologetic, telling me that it was human error on SAMIR **, as if this was not a big deal. I am very sorry, but when it comes to money, companies need to be more responsible on their sales associate's behaviors. Sincerely, a very angry customer.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I purchased a $700 dining set. It was delivered to my home today and the delivery men LITERALLY ran out of my house as soon as setting up the furniture. Then, I noticed EVERYTHING in the set is broken. Every. Single. Thing. I called customer service and they said I had to wait 24-48 hours for someone to call me to set up a time to get it fixed. Never buying anything here ever again. Disgusting, it's a shame.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Purchase a high top wood table and 4 chairs. Almost 1000. 5 minutes after set up left I noticed that the table top did not line up with the base. Clearly the holes were drilled improperly so if table is against wall base is crooked and chairs do not fit flush. They told me they would send me another table. Never did they say that I only had 2 more days to return the entire set. Why would I worry if I was getting another table. I loved the set and waited 6 months to finally order. Second table comes and it is the same crooked table... They are just made improperly. They tell me now I am stuck. They will not take the set back... I have two choices either wait till April when another table comes in or pick something else. Problem is I do not want something else. This is the worst company and beyond sorry that I ever ordered anything. Will never use them and I will tell everyone they suck.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

While shopping for a bedroom set for my teenager son, Claudia ** was great helping me to select the perfect bed. I bought the Forge bedroom set, which was a great value and good quality. Delivery took place the same week and it was done on time by a team of very professional guys. City Furniture gave me a great shopping experience.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Purchased a sectional couch. Worst purchase ever! Stitching coming apart. Couch had creases where anyone sits. Pillows have stuff poking out. Very poorly made. City furniture does not allow anyone to return.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Purchased a couch and love seat and the leather (actually microfiber) began peeling off after a little over a year of use. We are now faced with having to replacing both and City Furniture refuses to help us with the manufacturer (Southern Motion) because we didn't purchase an extended warranty. I feel that this is not a warranty issue but a defect in the product. Their customer service is terrible and would never buy from them again!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I went to City Furniture to purchase a recliner love seat on February 13th, 2016 and met with Felipe the salesman. We looked at the sofa and he claimed that the price went up by $100. I showed him the price on display was the same price as online and he claimed that he would 'Honor" the price. I also asked about the free shipping on items over $495 and Felipe confirmed this. When I told him that I wanted the item shipped to my freight forwarder just five miles away, Felipe stated that the delivery price was $140.

I asked what the difference between delivering to a home and my freight forwarder and he could not give me an answer, but claimed that it was "Store Policy". He also said that he could not guarantee delivery within a one week period. I walked out of the store, because I concluded that they are scammers that prey on foreigners because they know that we are here for a limited time and need to purchase in a timely fashion. I found comparable furniture at IKEA and they delivered the next day at a cost of $59. Also Rooms to go charge $59 for delivery. Stay away from City Furniture!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Purchased this sofa bed so that my cousin (cancer patient) would not have to sleep on the old uncomfortable futon. They delivered next day, 2/9/19. Deliveryman opened and closed the bed. They left and I opened it to measure mattress thickness. It locked up and would not close. I now have an old futon in my living room and a half closed sofa bed in the den. Customer service makes assurances (always sweet) that the service company will call in evening. Does not happen.

I have made numerous calls to them and to the serviceman who is supposed to call me to make an appointment for service. Attempts to call this serviceman is futile as the voice mailbox is full so I can't even leave a message. Tried to call corporate. Phone choices are: employment, customer service (which I know gets us nowhere) and operator. So, I chose 'operator'. 30 rings and no answer. UNHAPPY CITY FURNITURE CUSTOMERS UNITE. If anyone out there knows how to make a website, we could use one to unite and give this company what they deserve.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I cannot in good faith recommend City Furniture in Boca Raton as my experience making purchases there has been less than satisfactory. In early January to be exact on 1/7/2019 we visited their store and upon the basis of a floor model that was slightly damaged we opted to purchase the "only" one remaining in stock. The price was $3500.00 Delivery was scheduled for the following Monday. Needless to say they arrived much later for the delivery than indicated. When they arrived in darkness the delivery personnel told us they could not bring the item to the second floor. They stated they needed another person.

They rescheduled for the following Wednesday and we cancelled all of our appointments. At 8:30 that morning we received a phone call from customer care as they called to tell us that the piece in stock was damaged. How come they did not know this beforehand and make us waste so much time? Disorganized for sure and unreliable.

We returned to the store and purchased the floor model even though we did not want a damaged piece. They gave us a discount on the floor model and finally it

was delivered. I had to make many phone calls to their customer care most of which were unanswered. I was never given any explanation for the horrible service or what happened to the one in stock. I suspect they sold it to another person. We additionally paid $295 for their "design service" and in our opinion this was money poorly spent for what we received. No designs or layouts in writing a short visit to our house and a further look around the store with the salesperson and the designer. We have requested a refund twice in writing to the general manager, but have not received a response as of yet.

City Furniture Company Information