3.38/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Tamarac, FL

Looking for a good furniture store?

313 City Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 14, 2019

I bought a dining room hutch from City Furniture in Pembroke Pines on Tuesday and paid for same day delivery as I was having family visiting over the weekend from out of town. I got rid of my old hutch to allow room for my new hutch. The furniture arrived around 10:30pm. Everything looked fine when it arrived but as soon as the delivery men left, I opened the drawer to the hutch and it completely fell apart. The drawer slides were non operable. I also noticed that it wasn't level at all and there was a gap in the top piece as they were off centered, therefore the doors wouldn't attach to the magnets and wouldn't close. Though they guarantee that the furniture would be put together perfectly and inspected, that was clearly not the case.

I wasn't too concerned as they have a 24 exchange policy and figured that someone would come back the very next day to replace it, especially considering we paid for same day delivery. Also not the case. I called immediately, had to send pictures and had wait 24-48 hrs. Well after the 48 hour mark and still not having heard anything, I called and waited on hold for over an hour. I was told that the earliest delivery was next Saturday. A week away! Meanwhile, all of my China is strewn about my apt for the past 4 days and will remain that way for another week... and I'm hosting. It's quite embarrassing to say the least as it's a complete eye sore and my apt is full of clutter bc I have nowhere to store the items from my hutch.

After going round and round with the representative, I demanded to speak to a manager. After waiting on hold for over 30 more minutes for the manager, the same gentlemen gets back on to tell me that there's nothing the manager can do for me. I then said, this is unacceptable. I didn't want a message relayed from the manager, I wanted to speak to them. The manager, Whitney finally gets on only to confirm that they do not care about their customers whatsoever. When I said, 'so if I were to come in here tomorrow and get same day delivery it would be delivered tomorrow, correct?'. Yep, that's how it works. I told them to just come tomorrow and pick it up for a full refund and guess what?! No can do. They do not offer refunds of any kind. It's been a very frustrating experience to say the least. Now I sit here in clutter with a large, broken piece of furniture that looks disheveled and a horrible feeling that I got completely bamboozled.

I'm a pretty patient, understanding person but when it comes to customer service I'm a firm believer in making things right for the customer if your product or service is less than what you paid for. We were offered absolutely nothing for this huge inconvenience. Nothing. I even asked for the same delivery fee back and was told that was not possible as it was delivered the same day though it was non-operational.

Based on my experience and most of the reviews I've read, it's clear that City Furniture of Pembroke Pines only cares about making money off new customers and have no regard once you leave their showroom floor. I don't see how anyone could operate a business this way and feel ok with themselves. It should be illegal. It's disgraceful and they should be ashamed but considering the conversations that I've had with them, they couldn't care less. Their reputation obviously means far less to them then a new sale. Needless to say, I will never purchase another item from them again. Buyer beware!!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2019

I bought a leather living room set. When it arrived the lamps were damaged, the table was scratched and the couch and reclining chair were damaged. The arms on the couch and chair were sewn badly and all puckered up. I called and was offered a $100 credit (the couch was $2300 and the chair was $1200) or they would try to fix it. They came out to fix it and said they would have to take the furniture apart and restuff the arms which would take 3 hours for each arm...12 hours total. I called City Furniture and they authorized an exchange. 3 exchanges later I still have the same problem. They offered me $350 credit which is unacceptable. They told me either take the $350 or let them try to fix it. I said I wanted both. They refused and said, "Take it or leave it. We don't have a return policy." I spent $5600 at their store and 4 days waiting around from 9-6 for exchanges and that's what they do. UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

After years of waiting for this moment, my husband and I decided to purchase some new furniture, including our Bed Frame. We spent overall around $3,000 worth of furniture. The day of the delivery my husband finds the sides and the rails of the Bed frame are missing. I called immediately to speak to a representative. They informed that the sales associate forgot to add it to the invoice. Charging me extra for the pieces, although I will not received them for another month as they are out of stock. They send me a temporary rails for the bed, this is when I started to notice their lack of customer service as the delivery man, installed some cheap rails without a box or anything to support the mattress. Also leaving the corner sides in a dangerous positions, were both my 3 years old daughter and I (CURRENTLY 8 month old PREGNANT WITH MY SECOND BABY) have hit those metals and hurts ourselves.

I called them once more complaining and requesting a decent service, as I am understanding but this was just too much. The delivery guy is sent back days later with 4 boxes (only needed 2) so I have the other 2 on the side of the bed. The following night, while sleeping on the bed (my husband, daughter and myself pregnant****) the rails fall apart and we all fall on the floor. I hurt myself and cried endlessly as I couldn’t understand how this was happening.

They have not cared once for all they have caused to my family and I. I do not understand how this is even possible. How they can allow these kind of things to happen and they are not even able to provide a reasonable solution. They do not value or respect their customers. They should be ashamed of the way their customer service and sales associates work. This store should close for good as the rest of the reviews I have read, after what happened to us, were shockingly terrifying. Will never in my life buy anything from them or would even recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I HAD TO GIVE THIS PLACE A STAR BECAUSE IT IS REQUIRED BUT THEY DO NOT DESERVE EVEN ONE STAR!!!! Never in my life have I had the ridiculous service and bad experience that I have had with this company. Their service and customer service is ridiculous. We recently moved into a new house and bought thousands of dollars in furniture from their store and have been waiting months to have it all delivered; being told that the last set will be delivered the end of September. For our breakfast nook we got the table weeks before we got the bar stools. The family room, we got the sofa and chaise without the love seat then realized it wasn't even ordered. Purchased a rug which I didn't receive, called customer service and was told I took it with me. Lol. How can a 8x10 rug fit in a Nissan Murano? Lol.

Last week we received a text on Wednesday July 31st that our bar stools were finally being delivered the next day, we then received the email with the tracking, the joke was on us since they weren't delivered and when we called we were told that they did not have a delivery for us and that it was going to be today August 8th. Getting excited again that we'll finally be completing at least the family portion of the house until we receive the remaining furniture for the living room, we received the usual text and email with the tracking that shows what we will be receiving. The email shows 3 bar stools, click on the tracking it shows 2 bar stools, called Customer Service we are only getting one. Can you believe that???? If that is not the most unprofessional way of conducting business I don't know what is. I am really surprised they have been in business since 1971 and wonder if the customers shopping at Ashley Furniture have the same problem.

Had I read their reviews before my purchases I would have never even gone into their store. They took our money and now have us on a waiting game and practically hostages waiting on our furniture. Mind you I called earlier this week to complain about the headrest of my recliner being crooked and was assured that we were receiving our bar stools this week because they received a shipment. How can anyone trust this company when all they get are false promises and bad customer service. I called this morning and asked to speak with a manager and was placed on hold for which I was on for about half an hour before I hung up.

Every time they call to say there will be a delivery someone in my household has to take time off from work to wait and because you do not get a specific time we have to take the entire day, who is going to compensate us for all the lost time from work? Because all the customer reps can do is offer their apologizes for our inconvenience. For our first invoice, we were charged for services we didn't even take. Smh. They just opened another store on Millenia so I do hope the people going into their stores read reviews before they buy because this place sucks!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I purchased a sectional, had it delivered by City and have never moved this large piece. It gets very light use (I weigh 132 and site in various spots. I had it delivered on 7/17/18. But didn't move into the house until 8/1/18.I also travel a lot so am not home to even use it. On 7/31/19 (1 yr and 2 weeks after taking delivery) my left section started making loud squeaky sounds. I removed the bottom cushion and pressed down with my hand and found the springs have some issue. Came unstrung?

First I tried to do an online claim. It Wouldn't take the photos and without the photos attached would not allow me to submit the claim. Then I called. Over 30 minute wait for customer service. When I called I was told one year period. No exceptions. I spent almost $5000 and no consideration at all. A semi-expensive piece like this should not have this kind of issue. Not happy at all.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Resolution response: Aug. 8, 2019

I was able to connect with some amazing folks that work at City Furniture and my issue was resolved. Thank you!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

We bought a King bed at the showroom - delivery team assembled it. No box springs can be used because of the storage drawers, so just wood slats to place the mattress on. When we put our mattress on it - there is a 2" gap the entire perimeter of the mattress so the slats are all visible and looks horrible. As a test, we put the box springs and the mattress on it - no gap. Of course you would need a step stool to get in bed. Spoke to our sales rep and asked if we could exchange it for the bed without the storage drawers - offered to pay a restocking fee, double delivery fee, etc. No. Suggested I call customer service. She said No, suggested I speak with my sales rep. Not playing that game - just sharing everywhere - do not buy this bed.

Maybe the Queen size doesn't have this issue but buyer beware. I wish I had checked this site before going to City Furniture. What happened to customer service?? This is a design flaw/manufacturer issue - you would think CF would want to address the problem. I tried to post a review on their website - didn't go thru - went to their chat for help - couldn't help....

Original review: July 31, 2019

City Furniture is absolutely horrible. We spent thousands of dollars furnishing our new place. We spent $3500 on outdoor furniture. It arrives without the cushions for it which I was assured would arrive in the next week. It is now 30 days later and I still do not have them. The store you buy the furniture from cannot do anything. I bought our furniture from the WPB store in Florida and the manager, Maria **, was no help whatsoever. She said she sold us the furniture but cannot do anything to get us the cushions. Customer service from City Furniture is incompetent and incapable of finding solutions. They have horrid customer service, are rude, and constantly give run-around answers. I was promised by 3 different supervisors to have a call back with a solution and none followed through. Do NOT buy furniture from them. It has been a horrible experience.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Most horrible customer service ever. We bought a TempurPedic mattress and adjustable bed frame which cost $7200. The delivery came and I told the driver that the frame made noise. He told me it was normal and would get better over time. I immediately called the store and was told that "there are no refunds or exchanges" and they would send someone to fix the frame. I explained that I spent a lot of money on this product and they just kept repeating "there are no refunds or exchanges." I called the manager of the store and she was able to get them to exchange the bed frame.

The delivery people did not show up within the 3 hour range I was given. I called customer service and was told that the 3 hour window was a "courtesy" and they could come any time during the day. When the delivery guy called to say he was on his way, I asked for him to call when he arrived at my house since I work 1/2 mile from my home. He actually HUNG up on me. When they arrived, the lifted the mattress and leaned up against a wall on a slant. When they put the mattress back on the new frame, I noticed that there was damage to the side of the mattress. I told the delivery guy and he said he would come back to take a picture. He got into the truck and drove off without taking a picture!! I spent hours on the phone with customer service and the store manager and at the end of the day, no one cares. They said they would send a technician out to fix the mattress. NO THANK. YOU.

The mattress is brand new and now damaged. I do not want a repair. I want a new mattress. I will NEVER shop in this place again and suggest that anyone reading this does not shop there either. Horrible customer service. The salespeople make the sale and then turn you to customer service if you have a problem. All the customer service people do is tell you politely that you have been screwed! I.e. No refunds or exchanges. Run...and stay as far away from this store as possible!!

Original review: July 18, 2019

This is my first time purchasing from this company. We purchased an entire bedroom set and more. When it was delivered, the bed rails came without drilled holes in them so they could not put our bed together. We were told it would take 2 days until the bed rails could be delivered and be ready for assembly. We call the night before just to make sure these rails were still being delivered on the day. Customer Service told us they would. Come to find out it would take another week to get these rails delivered! They kept telling us, for everything, there was nothing they could do to accommodate us. So now we will be sleeping on mattress for the next week. My first experience with this company and probably my last. I can't believe this stress and lack of willingness to help their customers.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Probably the worst, most unprofessional company we have EVER dealt with. Dealing with a warranty issue (after being sold a defective item) has been nothing short of a nightmare. When replacement item was out of stock, I was told to "go shop elsewhere, without a refund" by one of the customer "care" associates. I would have gladly done so, but that would have been difficult to replace a piece in a set. Store associates were also rude and unhelpful in dealing with getting help. Finally after hours and days of wasted time, and more money out of pocket, I have a working barstool. It only took over 4 months. I would never recommend them. Take your hard earned money elsewhere.

City Furniture Company Information