Tamarac, FL

1.0/5 (62 ratings)

About City Furniture

City Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: May 3, 2022

I bought mattresses, bed base and sofa from this store. The first problem was with the sales guy that sold everything to me and never mentioned that there cannot be any exchanges. I received the sofa that had damage, the mattresses were supposed to be 2 twin xl which made a full, but one mattress was firm and the other nearly drop down to the base when I sat on it. I contacted the sales guy, and he was rude so I told him I would resolved this myself. I called to get my money back and was informed that I could not get my money back because the purchase was final sale and that before any changes I have to sleep in the mattress for 30 days. I was told to call customer care which I did with no results until I visit the store and spoke to a manager who told me the mattress are the same but they're not. She made calls to have someone call me to schedule and investigator to check the mattress.

Someone came out and he said clearly the label reads one thing but in fact is the wrong mattress and I would get a call to get it changed. After a week they delivered a mattress I already reported being incorrect, a few days later they delivered a full size mattress. I called corporate office and they are of no help. I was called from City to give me a date for the next delivery. They again delivered the wrong firmness. I have called corporate and I don't get an answer back. DO NOT BELIEVE THE SALES PEOPLE. They are in for their commission. Never will I purchase from City Furniture. Go somewhere else and avoid the drama, unpleasant customer service.

Original review: April 9, 2022

On March, 2021, I went to City Furniture to buy a bedroom set. After we pick the one that we love the Sales Nahou taught us that everything is going to be delivery in one week. We pay for 7 pieces of furniture and we only received the matress, the other pieces came little by little. In fact, we received the bed yesterday, April 2022. The service is awful. The nights stand tables was scratched, lamps broken on the corner. We never have any phone call to apologize for any inconvenience. This company is the worst one ever. I don’t recommend in this company for anybody. After I spent 45 minutes at the phone try to speak to somebody and customer service, We have still waiting for the service of the mirror and the dresser.

Nobody call or do any explanation to me so I feel like my money is a piece of ** with this company. I hate, I hate, I hate this company. I don’t recommend this company to anybody. Now the lady said that I’m supposed to be receive my dresser in three months. When you call nobody never answer you. You have to wait wanting two hours in the phone for somebody contact you back. You never have any apologies or anything like that. This whole company need to close! This is the worst company that We tried " EVER".

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 31, 2022

I will NEVER purchase from Furniture City/Fort Lauderdale, FL again! I ordered 2 beds May 2021 and it took 10 months to receive both. During this time, multiple deliveries were schedule and either the product was not on the truck or "supposedly" damaged. I entered the store 2X to discuss with the manager who walked away from me after my being irate over my experience and multiple botched deliveries.

If your order is 10 pieces, they schedule a delivery (3 hr. window for you to wait) for each piece rather than waiting for the entire order to be received. They expect customers to wait 3 hrs per delivery for multiple deliveries, really? Total communication disconnect within that organization. I spoke with a waitress in FL by coincidence that was experiencing the same problem as me. WARNING CONSUMERS-DON'T BUY FROM CITY FURNITURE UNLESS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A HEADACHE! I'd love to provide further details but I only have a limited amount I can write here.

Original review: March 29, 2022

On Sunday scheduled day they delivered half of our order, the rest has to be delivered on Tuesday, we wait all day. After I called to customer service, they said nothing we can do wait for tomorrow. The excuses is they don't have parts in stock., so why they promise? Please, do not waste your time and nerves.

Original review: March 29, 2022

I bought a table, and the color was not the same. I call my seller and she never call me back! I did a claim to return after 9 days (I was waiting for my seller to call me back) and they told me I cannot return my table! This is not legal!!! I will never go shop there and I will talk to everyone I know!!! Don't go EVER there!

Original review: March 27, 2022

I purchased a bedroom set December 20, 2021 and was promised delivery March 6, 2022. On March 7Th I called to find out where my furniture was. I was told I had to pay in full before they would schedule delivery (despite a $750 deposit). Delivery was scheduled for March 30th. I received an email today saying all items were out of stock. I am a snowbird and will be leaving Florida in early April. I have made 5 phone calls today to cancel my order and get a refund of nearly $4000. No one has called back in 5 hours. I also purchased furniture at Rooms To Go and everything was delivered as promised so it’s not a supply chain issue.

Original review: March 23, 2022

Just moved to Florida from another state, within the a week of arriving we went to City Furniture with the intention to purchase a couch. The experience with the salesman was good, we tried many different couches and finally chose one, we purchased the couch outright no financing. They delivered three pieces of the couch with two pieces on back order. The pieces they delivered were missing the cushion for the backrest. We called to let them know that we were missing the backrest they claimed that we would get it in two weeks.

The next day I sat in the chaise and heard the armrest crack. So within two days the couch was damaged, we tried reaching out to city furniture. They would not let us speak to a manager. They would not let us return the couches. They just wanted us to keep the broken couch, every time we called upon giving them the order number they hang up on us, we’re still waiting for a manager to call us back and for them to pick up their furniture, this is the worst company I’ve ever dealt with.

Original review: March 17, 2022

Buying furniture has never been a terrible experience for me. That is, until I shopped with City Furniture. Delivery dates mean nothing. Items were delivered months after original contract signed dates. Items were delivered at multiple times. The company threatens to charge you for messing up a delivery date, but takes no responsibility when they mess up. I even received messages the night before telling me to verify delivery of items for the next day or face a fine. Delivery man shows up with half the promised order, despite saying they verified the night before that everything was in the warehouse to be delivered.

Then, no agent ever tells you, you have 1 day to verify any damages. So sorry for me, because it was a weekend and I was busy that day. I called in 1 1/2 days later, 1/2 day too late. They refused to take back their furniture despite it being broken. And when I say broken, I mean 3 chairs and the table were damaged out of the table and 8 chair set I bought, more than half the order. I demanded a refund and for them to come and get their furniture. They refused. They offered to send someone to fix it. I did not accept. I paid for brand new, not damaged or broken furniture, that is not what they delivered.

They offered me a gift card (hush money) in exchange to just keep the furniture. As I am a capable woodworker, I accepted. Big mistake. I tried to use the gift card. The gift card had a 1 month expiration date. As it was the holiday season, I was busy. It also had not occurred to me that they would put a 1 month expiration date. Nonetheless, I tried to use the gift card. It rejected. I requested a new one be issued. They refused.

It is the oldest scam in the book. Make sure things are so difficult that the customer never gets to redeem things, and company makes a profit. Company refused to do anything to correct the issue. I highly warn you against conducting any business with this company. Will not honor products, sends defective and damaged goods, which in my opinion is theft.

Original review: March 11, 2022

I've had the worst experience with this store; place that I thought had a good reputation. About two years ago (June 2020 to be exact, I bought a sectional and not only did I have to wait a long time before the furniture was delivered, few months later stains appeared on the furniture; tried the cleaning kit I purchased with the warranty because they strictly advise you not to use anything else. Well to make a long story short, after months of waiting for a reply after I filed my claim, on February 15, 2021 a technician/expert visited my house and determined the piece needed to be replaced and that someone would call me to schedule a delivery date.

Two weeks passed by and no one contacted me; I took the initiative and call the customer care line and I was told the furniture was in backorder. Contacted the customer care line a few times and received the same response with different projected dates; today (after 1 year and 1 months of the technician visit) contacted the store again and asked to speak to a supervisor to at least get a credit for the piece to buy something else and "coincidentally" no supervisor was available. How lucky can I be? Because they didn't replace the furniture or part, the sectional is literally garbage. Don't buy at City Furniture or if you do, don't spend your money on the warranty because the response you'll receive will leave you very disappointed.

Original review: March 1, 2022

I paid over $1200 on a Black Friday deal for a sectional couch and it's a good thing I'm extremely handy as I've had to repair this couch many times. If I wasn't an ace wood worker I would have already had to replace this couch. I would expect this if I bought some $200 couch at some discount store but this was supposed to be a higher end couch. Not so much. Needless to say I am never going back to City Furniture. I've had this couch just under 4 years and it already is in need of replacement.

City Furniture Company Information