1.11/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Nov. 16, 2017

219 City Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

It is 10 pm and I was supposed to be receive my dining table between the hours of 3-6 pm. I checked earlier today. Time had changed to 6:50 pm-7:20. Then I started calling customer service which was no help. At 8:36 after another called to customer service they said 20 mins to delivery. Well it is 9:55 pm and the delivery guys are still not here. I got an automated text that they were doing to get here an hour ago but they got lost. They waited to give me a call for directions, 30 mins after being lost. This has been a stressful day waiting and not getting true answers from customer service. I will never purchase anything from City Furniture again! I have to wake up early for work and now I have to wait for them to assemble the dining set I purchased. Very disappointed I paid this company, should of read reviews.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

This is the first and only time that I will purchase furniture through City Furniture. I purchased a bedroom set, 3 queen mattresses, and 2 twin mattresses from City Furniture in Naples on 10/31. The purchase included free shipping. According to the City Furniture website at that time, their free shipping included pick up of mattresses as part of their Haiti Relief campaign. I asked the salesman to confirm that the mattresses would be picked as part of free shipping. He confirmed that our old mattresses would be picked up when the furniture was delivered. This is the main reason that I purchased through City Furniture.

When the furniture was delivered on 11/2, I was told by the deliverymen and customer service that City Furniture has changed their policy and no longer picks up mattresses. I called the salesman and he was unaware of any changes to the policy. To try and uphold the policy the salesperson started trying to identify a non-profit organization that could pick up the mattresses but no one is able to come today and most will not be able to come for a week. I am now forced to pay a company to remove the mattresses. City Furniture provided absolutely no support. I will never purchase another product through this company and will caution my friends when shopping for furniture.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I had a table delivered and it was damaged so had to send in pictures and schedule an appointment to have a new table delivered. The following week I get a missed phone call and message saying to contact City Furniture to confirm delivery for Monday. I also received a text saying to respond Y to confirm delivery for Monday. I did respond Y for yes and received a text message saying I am confirmed for Monday delivery.

On Monday I did not get the delivery so I called and they said I never returned their call to confirm delivery so they were not able to deliver my furniture. However in fact I did get a text confirmation saying I was confirmed. I did contact customer care and was told I never called them to confirm my delivery. When I mentioned I have a text message saying I am confirmed they said that does not mean anything. Only a confirmation on phone will confirm delivery. My question was - WHY DID YOU SEND ME CONFIRMATION CONFIRMING DELIVERY THROUGH TEXT IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THAT AS CONFIRMATION??? Customer service department is very inconsiderate and not understanding at all. Yet they continue to send text confirmations that do not actually confirm delivery even if the text states delivery is confirmed. This must be very confusing to other customers as well.

The next attempt to deliver my table was done by two very incompetent delivery guys. They hit my TV with the table when removing from my apartment. My TV has a big scratch on it now and they did not put my new table together correctly. So I asked them to leave me my original table with the damaged corners until I get a new one delivered that's put together properly. What really upset me further is when I called customer care again to explain what happened and that I even have pictures of my TV scratched by the City Furniture Delivery guys they said the delivery guys denied this and so they don't believe me.

City Furniture is not customer friendly and does not act in very businesslike Manner. I will let all my friends and family know to never order from City Furniture again unless to do something to rectify my situation. They should start by changing their system and not send text asking customers to confirm delivery by responding Y for yes if it does not actually confirm the delivery. I've attached the picture of my TV after they bumped into with table. Very very reckless, and unprofessional delivery and customer service representatives.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My husband and I bought furniture at the Boca Raton City Furniture 3 years ago and had no problems at all. We went to the Wellington store on July 29th to pick out new bedroom furniture. We found a set we liked and asked about it, the salesperson said that the furniture had been discontinued. I was confused as to why it was still on the floor but she told us that it was being sold "as is". That wasn't marked anywhere that was visible, but we moved on to find something else. We found another set and flagged down another salesperson. This time we were told that the full set wasn't in stock, but we could have the pieces that were available delivered then and wait for the others. Then she said the other pieces would not be available until October 21st! I was surprised how long it would take but we agreed to have everything delivered at once, so as not to have to pay the 120.00 delivery fee twice.

Well now it is October. We have given away our old furniture to people that lost their furniture in the hurricane because we’d have to make room for the new furniture anyway. Moved other furniture around in other rooms so we are ready. My husband called on Monday the 16th to make sure everything was still being delivered on Saturday and the customer service person said, “Of course!” I got a phone call today telling me that 3 pieces of the 5 I ordered have been discontinued but to come in so they could help get furniture that matched as close as possible to what was being delivered!

We said we don't want any of the furniture now because we are so annoyed! The customer service rep could not understand why we were so annoyed! We waited three months, paid for half of the balance, got rid of our old furniture, have family coming to stay in a month and there is no furniture... but no big deal! We will NOT be shopping here again! Find a furniture company that actually has the furniture in stock and doesn't make you wait so long that it becomes discontinued! And has customer service people that can at least pretend to be empathetic!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I am very disappointed with City Furniture insurance department. They will do anything not to replace your product. I bought a laminated marble table from City Furniture. It looks gorgeous, but after a few months the legs started shaking because the screws were loose. Crack started to appear on the table. I called City Furniture to report the problem. They sent someone to check the table. The person told me that it's a manufacturing defect, and City Furniture should replace it.

I received a call from City Furniture department, and they told me they are not going to replace the table because I supposed to call them sooner. I have a 3 year warrant insurance, and I am still within the warranty. City Furniture insurance is a joke. Don't waste your money on City Furniture insurance because it will not be useful to you when you need it. I am not going to leave this thing like that. I am going to expose them. I will make sure the world know what they are doing to customer is wrong. I am done with City Furniture.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I am so disappointed with the customer service at City Furniture. When you call the customer services you're on hold for at least 1 hour before you speak to anyone. We had furniture delivered which was ok. One of the pieces of furniture was damaged. And the trouble we had to get it delivered back was absolutely ridiculous. Phone call after phone call having to wait in for hours. The customer service people very very rude.

Still waiting for the one piece of furniture to be delivered. And yesterday we had to go back to the shop and order couple more things, and I have never ever met a most ignorant sale person in my life Olivia **. She was so very rude. Not a smile, not a thank you, very argumentative. Just awful. She needs to go to some kind of customer service class, because people like this should not be working in this kind of job. RUDE. The guy in City called Tito was amazing, helpful, very happy to serve, smiling all the time. I will never shop at Ashley or City Furniture again because of this experience.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I bought a mattress from City Furniture in Pembroke Pines, FL on 6/29/17 with the extra mattress pad for the 120 day reselection/exchange if we didn't like it. That transaction went smoothly, but the mattress was not comfortable, so on I went back on 7/18/17 and choose another mattress for exchange - paying the difference right then and there plus added 2 other chairs to the delivery order scheduled for Friday 7/21/17.

On 7/21/17 I get the morning call (7:30am) about picking up the old mattress. I question about the delivery of the new mattress and he said it is probably on another truck. They arrive at 8:30 am to take the old mattress and I say "I still haven't heard about the delivery of the new mattress" and he said "someone should call by 9 am." At 9:05 am I call to find out about the new mattress and they say there is a problem with how the sales person processed the return and that the account still showed a balance due. The customer service girl said she had to wait till 10 am when the store opened to clear it up and would call me back around 10:30. At 11:05 am I call back and re-explain everything to another customer service person who says nothing had been done about the issue and she would try to help. She called around trying to sort it out and get it delivered that afternoon.

Finally (after a long time on hold- a disconnect and talking briefly with another customer service person) she said that she was able to pull some string to get it delivered that afternoon between 4-6 pm. So I wait and wait and wait and at 5:30 pm I call and ask when they were coming with my mattress and was told that it never made the truck and it wasn't coming today. I was very upset since now I had nothing to sleep on for the night. Then the customer service supervisor said a manager would call us back first thing Saturday morning and offered to refund our delivery fee ($110) and I thought a discount or $60 or store credit of $120 (though I swore I wanted the cash and I would never shop in their store again). So that night I slept on an air mattress due to City Furniture's incompetence.

Anyways- Saturday 7/22 morning comes and we never get a call from the manager. I call at 10 am to try and sort it out and see if we were at least getting the mattress today. After some more run around and issues they said they could deliver it that evening from 5-7 pm. I inquired about the delivery refund and cash credit and they said I was only eligible for the delivery credit that the cash credit was a lower tier credit and the delivery credit is all we were eligible for- but I still have not seen this refunded to my credit card.

Overall this experience was HORRIBLE. They don't seem to have good coordination and know what they are doing. Due to a series of THEIR mistakes I suffered a horrible night's sleep and had my time wasted (missed a day of work for nothing, spent hours on the phone and waiting, plus my Saturday evening!).

I do not recommend and will never buy anything from them or any Ashley Furniture Affiliate ever again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I purchased a $2250 sectional sofa online after viewing it in the showroom. Within hours, I was told that 2 sections were back ordered even though it was in stock when I ordered it. Spoke to 5 different people who gave me several different times when the order would eventually be delivered. Each call was more than 1/2 hour wait time. Ended up cancelling this order due to frustration and very poor customer service. It's not like I was ordering a pair of shoes; it's a sofa! They sound so disinterested in helping you, it's a shame. Do not buy your furniture here. You will be disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

The sofa began to fade within the first three months. We bought the extended warranty, so I called. They told me fading wasn't covered. I will never buy another piece of furniture from City Furniture. Their Furniture sucks.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Back on May 2016 I bought a platform bedroom set with a mattress. It is obvious that the salesperson has no idea what she was doing, because she sold me a 16" mattress. I had never bought a platform bed; I didn't know any better. The mattress is extremely high for the bed, which makes it almost impossible to climb the bed and get off. Due to personal problems and business traveling, I called today to get it exchanged, as it has hardly been used. The representative in the warranty department, Ivan, said that he couldn't do anything for me. I requested to speak to a supervisor or manager, and he refused to transfer the call. He said that it was over the warranty time, I just had to talk to him and there was nobody else I could speak to. I told him that was impossible, as he had to have a superior. He said that he wasn't going to give the call to anyone else, as nothing could be done.

Original review: June 25, 2017

City Furniture located at Federal Highway Fort Lauderdale delivered a defective furniture. I have called customer service at least 10 times staying on line for more than 30 minutes each time. They were very difficult to deal with. Nobody wanted to take responsibility. They lied to me that somebody will call me. Now 10 days later I gave up calling them. I have to live with defective furniture. I hope people would shop at other furniture stores but not at City Furniture. There are multiple good stores close by on Federal Highway.

Original review: June 11, 2017

What a 2nd tier company!!! First we were mislead on the initial sale. Salesman made a mistake on what was included in the set. We paid for the "white glove delivery" where the guys took almost 3 hours to put together a loft. They told us they were missing a piece and waited home another day for delivery and then they tell us it wasn't included in the initial sale. Ordered the additional piece and was to be delivered today in a window and no calls and over three hours late now if they come at all. This company is very poorly run.

Original review: May 18, 2017

My first and last time buying from City Furniture the worst experience ever. Horrible service to me the consumer. I have been waiting for the furniture to be deliver since 04/14/17 then on April 28, April 30, and May 17, May 18 and now they promise that the furniture will be deliver on the May 23. Why would they display a merchandise that they can't provide nor deliver to their customers. After I have invested and spend a lot of money in painting, decorating, curtains and light fixture specific to accommodate the purchase furniture. Also poor work ethic from the salesman, avoided my calls/texts and e-mail from the store consumer care department.

Original review: May 2, 2017

Their salespeople somehow manage to screw up our orders all the time. Their warranty is crap. They do not want to replace items that their technicians can't fix. Their finish on the furniture is horrible, it rubs off. When you call for warranty, they say it's water damage and not covered. I have been waiting for two months for replacement parts on my electric recliner. You have to literally threaten to get a lawyer to get them to take back furniture that is defective. They will try to give you a credit or store coupon instead of doing the right thing. All their furniture is subpar, even their Bernhardt collection. Watch their delivery people. They have gouged my walls in my house and cut corners by not using all the parts. Most are rude and don't really care. They just want to hurry up and leave. Take my word. We have spent way too much money in this place for crappy furniture and even worse service. Do not buy from them. I promise you will regret it.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Damaged goods delivered 4 times and very poor delivery service and horrible customer service. I am filing this complaint regarding a purchase have been trying to get fulfilled since Feb 2017. I originally purchased from City Furniture (inv # **). The sofa was delivered damaged. Ms. Jan ** assisted me to have me reselect from Ashley Furniture (inv # **) but she was hard to get ahold of and avoided my email/call. In all instances it has been nothing but a nightmare for me. Their customer service team is not very helpful, and their delivery people are rude. No one cares to help. Ms. ** at Ashley store in Davie promised to credit my account for all delivery charges and apply an overall credit to my purchase (for my inconveniences) upon receipt of my 4th replacement sofa. I finally got a replacement that was not damaged and I have been trying to contact Ms ** so that she can apply my credit and I cannot seem to get her to respond to me.

I have left her numerous messages at the store and sent her emails. Also, I am noticing that City Furniture is still charging me $79.99 for the cleaning fluid from my first invoice # ** that I returned to the Pembroke Pines store to your manager, Osmin, back in Feb. Apparently Osmin never credited my account; and to top it off, now I am being charged a late fee on the $79.99. I am filing this complaint because I don't know what to do anymore or how to get help from City Furniture staff. After reading all the City Furniture/Ashley Furniture bad reviews on social media and BBB and I am surprised that your company is still in business. I just wish I would have done my research before deciding to give your company my hard earned money.

To date, No one has reached out to me or tried to assist. Jan ** from City Furniture called me a couple of weeks ago and acted as if it was the 1st time she hears of my issue. She promised to research and contact me the next day to confirm my credit on my purchase. She did not! I emailed her. She did not respond. I left her messages and she has not responded. How can I get the email for Keith Koenig, the CEO of City Furniture... I'd like to make him aware of how his employees conduct business.

Original review: April 2, 2017

The agent that took care of us in Fort Myers is very good. Rafael ** is very attentive. I recommend it to anyone who buys furniture in Fort Myers City Furniture. Is very good in his work and as a person and in general. My opinion is very satisfactory.

Original review: March 27, 2017

Purchased adjustable beds with high end mattresses 11/16. One month later the massage motors became very noisy, at a point we stopped using them. Had a tech come out in 01/17, he said the massage motors are defective. Motors were put on order under warranty, 2 weeks later I found out they were on back order. 7 weeks later they came in, were installed 2 weeks later, the new motors are noisier than the ones he replaced. Now the manufacturer said they will be sending more motors, and the tech will install again. This has been the most frustrating deal I've ever dealt with. The beds are four months old, still haven't had a chance to really enjoy them. City Furniture told me that they are just the middle man, we have no control how the outcome is resolved. I've requested to just replace the beds, they said they can't do that.

I've have spent numerous hours on the phone with City Furniture, HHC the manufacturer, Fast Furniture, then the final contracted tech. The warranty process at City Furniture is a joke, there is three companies involved. If City Furniture really wanted to resolve this issue, they could by just replacing the beds. They hope you will just get tired of the run around. This will be my 3rd service apt, phone calls, just a big hassle. They have put me through enough, just replace the beds. They had no problems taking my money.

Original review: March 25, 2017

Spent a lot of money at the store. Sales agent made an error and had to resubmit order. Needless to say she forgot to reschedule delivery date. Sat at home waiting for my delivery and couple of hrs later when I called was told no delivery was scheduled. Furniture was delivered a week later. Had to return one piece as it was damaged. One piece was on back order. Store called to schedule and confirm delivery of final piece of furniture. Received notification that my order would be delivered between 1-4 pm. At 4 pm I called driver and was told they were a little delayed but he'd call me right back. At 6:45 pm I had received no furniture and no phone. Great way to run a business. Will not shop there again!!!

Original review: March 25, 2017

Purchased furniture and scheduled delivery... Product was destroyed by deliverer before getting to my house and had to reschedule. Advised leaving to go out of town next in afternoon following week... Company agreed to deliver in AM. Just received call... "Can't get to you until 3pm." Shared previous commitment and deliverer and customer service was like "Oh well". Buyer beware. Company with no integrity!!!

Original review: March 15, 2017

People never buy from City Furniture. The idiots in Miami warehouse are bold face liar. I order a sofa set on Sunday March 2017. Computer shows all pieces in stock. Pay for the item. Schedule it for delivery. 2 hour before my delivery time they call and say a piece for my sofa is on back order and it will not be available till March 2017. After I throw out my old couch so now I have to sit on the floor.

Original review: March 10, 2017

We purchased an "In Home Service Warranty". As the name implies we paid for someone to come out to the home if there is a defect with the article. We had a incident that required to use this legal binding contract. City Furniture chose to assess the situation over the phone and not even take the time to honor their part of the contract and send a professional to our home. We did not request to fix the item or to replace it. We merely just asked that they honor the contract and send someone to the home to make an assessment of the damage. As it specifically states. There are other furniture companies in town that I'm sure will be more responsible with their contracts.

Original review: March 1, 2017

Got a bedroom set delivered last week and was advised by the driver to slide my dresser over to its place as it has gliders on it. Pointed out a large chip on one of the legs, where he pulls out a wood pen with different color and colors up the scratch. Second chest delivered was unbalanced and told to get a pad and place underneath to balance it. When bed was assembled it was left loose. I guess that's their idea of set up and delivery. My advice go somewhere else. You can be treated like crap for a lot less. Check out the reviews on this company. Where there's smoke there's fire. I was a fool. Learn from my mistake.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2017

We paid for a warranty. Went to use it and they said it was too bad and they won't fix our problem. Vinyl area on our leather sectional peeled up and they won't fix it. A couple of stitches are separated as well. Will never buy from them again. Don't ever get the warranty!!! Won't honor warranty. $270.00 spent for nothing.

Original review: Feb. 6, 2017

HORRIBLE customer service. Purchased furniture a couple of years ago. Vowed never to go back because of quality and service issues. They sent nearly $500 in store credit a week or so ago because of some sort of rebate for not using in home service. We did in fact use it. A lot. In any case, we thought we can use a throw rug. After all, how much can they screw that up??? A lot it turns out. We purchased about $600 worth of stuff. With a $500 credit, that was the right price given the quality. Because of past experience with these people, we made sure that the one thing we couldn't take with us was in stock before we agreed to purchase it. This was a Saturday. We made arrangements for delivery on Monday.

Sunday morning I get woken up at 7:30 with a call telling me they were going to deliver the rug, but that the other items were on back order. 1.) There were no other items. I picked them up. 2.) I wasn't going to be around on Sunday. Made arrangements AGAIN for them to deliver on Monday. Monday I can a call telling me that the rug and the other things I ordered were on back order but that they could deliver the cleaning kit. I explained AGAIN that I had everything else. And I tried to get them to explain how the rug could be on back order when they were going to deliver it yesterday. No one could have an answer. The quality and hassle of dealing with these people isn't worth it, even when paying $0.20 on the dollar.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

Purchased a 3 piece soft loveseat and recliners from this company. The quality of this furniture is deplorable. After my first negative review, I was contacted by an employee who wanted to talk about my review. I returned call the next day to find out she was on leave. I feel this company sells inferior products with no intentions of resolving issues on their products. This company needs to be thoroughly audited for taking advantage of consumers. I should know that a certain company who sold waterbeds would be questionable. Furniture was purchased June 15, 2014.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

Bought an electric reclining sofa in March 2016, mechanism didn't work from the beginning on. Replacement parts were ordered twice but wrong. I was told to throw them away! What kind of business is that??? Finally got an exchange today (01/07/2017!!!). The sofa was dropped off and I had to take care of packaging and set up myself. The delivery guys left and shortly after that I saw the damage on my front screen and paint job of my house. Called customer service and was told that the delivery guy said that he didn't do anything wrong. Of course not! The guys weren't smart enough to remove the leg of the sofa. They did it with right where it fell off when they hit the front screen. They left immediately without saying a word. Now I know why!!! I was told that there is nothing they can do for me. I should have checked everything before they left. As if I follow the delivery guys around and check every last action they take. Thanks, never ever again!!!

Original review: Jan. 7, 2017

I bought a fabric sofa set less than a year, within six months the seat starts to peel. The sofa looks five years old. I don't use the sofa as much, no kids in the house. I called the warranty customer service and they said no coverage for peeling. How can a company sell a product that will last you less than a year? Not to mention that is not a cheap sofa either. Very upsetting. I will never buy anything from City Furniture, ever again! Be aware, don't go there!!!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2017

I bought a bedroom set from the Stuart City Furniture store. The bed frame was rotten from the beginning. You can't read a book or watch TV or even turn over without the frame creaking, LOUDLY! The delivery guys were to come back and set it up properly, or replace it! That didn't happen. I've tighten the screws, used WD40, have a blanket between the mattress and the frame, I have put coasters under the stubby little stick that is at the center, head of the bed. NOTHING MAKES IT STOP CREAKING!

I have been in Tarpon Springs helping my sister who is terminal so this is the first opportunity I have had to vent my frustration. When I called the Stuart store I was treated badly: In regard to a table and chair I purchased at the same time, my salesman made a mistake on my order, on his computer, and somehow that was turned into being my fault.

I made a formal complaint about that which is why I am not getting any help with the bed frame. At this point I do not even want the set! I can't read a book or watch TV in peace! The bed creaks with the slightest movement at the head of the bed. I have emailed City Furniture three times - no response. I have called four times and each time the person who could help me wasn't in - they never called back. City Furniture will not resolve this matter so I have sent an email to the FCC - they may not be the right people but I've asked for their help getting me to the organization I need to get this resolved. I'm sick of sleeping on my couch, I'm done being afraid of what the people in the Stuart store will think of me. I got freezer burn last time I walked into the Stuart store! I need help, I need to know where to file my complaint, officially. I want City Furniture to make this right!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2017

I bought this junk mattress at City Furniture Boca Raton. First we got a pillow top. It was horrible. We exchange the mattress to a firm mattress and it's worst. Because it was cheaper than the other mattress the sales associate started to put pressure on us and he stated that we had to spend the rest of the money that they or we would lose it. I ask him to put the rest of the money in a card so I can spend the money later because I couldn't decide what to buy with the 200 DOLLARS left. He said it was impossible. Well we ended up buying a vase we didn't want. Anyways, the mattress the second one, lost its shape after 2 months and we cannot sleep good during the night. We suffer of back and neck pain in the mornings. It's a torture. Don't buy any Serta innerspring mattress manufactured at 3774 interstate Park road North Riviera Beach Florida, 33404. Don't waste 1,300 dollars.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2016

Ordered furniture for my vacation rental condo. We were promised delivery in two days except for the living room table which was to be delivered by December 21st. Since we were returning to Ohio on December 23rd, we were given assurance that it would definitely be delivered on the 21st. On the first delivery, we received a call in the morning that it would be delivered between 1:00-3:00. It arrived at 4:30, only to discover we were missing one chair. The next day, the missing chair was delivered. Again, we were told delivery would be between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m. It was delivered at 5:30.

Today, December 21st, we found that the table will not be delivered until February. Again, we are leaving for Ohio on December 23rd. Since we will not be back in Florida until April, and CITY FURNITURE WILL NOT ISSUE A REFUND for the table, we were forced to delay delivery until then. They actually have one in stock as they have it in their showroom, but we were told that THEY NEED TO HAVE IT SO THEY CAN SELL MORE. Sell more??? They can't even fulfill the orders they have now. First of all, they are sorely understaffed for delivery. Secondly, they cannot be counted on to hold true to their promises. I highly doubt that the delivery will ever be made.

City Furniture Company Information