1.14/5
Based on 222 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Tamarac, FL

239 City Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 20, 2018

After waiting 4 hours with no show-up delivery yesterday, instead of calling me to apologize and reschedule, City Furniture gave my order away to others and told me to wait for another 10 days for the backorder. I was on the phone more than 2 hours with the people in store and also their customer service people, no one can really help and fix the issue. I was shocked by the customer service, so I found their President and COO's email to compliant. 1 hour later, I received a phone call from higher level of the customer service saying she is following up from Executive office and asked me what happened. After I explained everything for the 4th time today, she said "oh, I do apologize. It is our mistake but nothing we can do..." If apology works, why we still need a policeman???

So I gave up, I would like to cancel my order, guess what??? Their customer service cannot cancel the order, they have to contact the sales person to cancel my order. And the salesperson won't be available in the next 2 days. Shame on you, City Furniture! I was wondering how you still have business with such bad service and so many angry customers. I wish I have read all these reviews before I went to you. I will never ever come back to your store again.

Original review: July 11, 2018

I'm a very unhappy customer. I purchased a warranty plan on an entertainment center and the door fell off. When I called to have them fix it they told me it would take 11-15 weeks to get the part. It is a very basic part for a model they have 100s of pieces for. Don't buy their furniture or service plans. They are very dishonest. They even had the nerve to tell me they don't have contact information to call their vendors to order a part. So now I have to have a huge piece of furniture in my house with the door off for a quarter of a year. I didn't realize this company was this unprofessional and dishonest. They could easily just take a door off an existing piece of the several hundred of this furniture they have in stock and put it on my door.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 4, 2018

Bought an adjustable base on City Furniture website and paid for premium delivery and it gave me a delivery date of Tuesday. Got a call Monday from their customer service saying they could not deliver before Wednesday. I had planned to get the merchandise on Tuesday because my new mattress (purchased somewhere else) was also being delivered Tuesday so I could set it up on the bed base. Wednesday CF called again, they can't deliver Wednesday. "It will be Thursday or Friday" depending on truck availability they said. I am so upset. They said they will waive the delivery fee if it is delivered??? Their customer service agents are useless, rude and do not at all connect with the customer. I can't find a contact information for any executive at City Furniture. The worst experience ever!

Original review: June 26, 2018

After 13 months, the back of the reclining sofa was loose. The guy came out. Hit it with a hammer and tightened 2 screws. Charged me 50.00. After 16 months, the sofa is peeling really bad. Last week I went to their showroom and spoke to a salesperson about it and was told I should have purchased the 3 year protection plan. How about City Furniture selling a product that will last more than 16 months. I feel they should stand behind their products and replace the sofa. I think most people purchase furniture expecting it to last longer than 16 months.

Original review: June 16, 2018

We purchased a mattress from City Furniture that was a sale item. It was covered in plastic. We were told that it was sanitized, and wrapped. Our receipt said NO RETURNS on this item. However, after the mattress was delivered and the plastic removed, we had a horrible odor from the mattress to the point of smelling up the room. City Furniture would not help us, or even let us exchange it for a new one at our cost.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: June 8, 2018

We bought dining room set Nov of 2016. Within 6 months the screws were falling out of the seat cushions and City Furniture sent out repairman. His solution, longer screws against my concerns that they would puncture through the cushion and ultimately wouldn't hold anyway. Told City Furniture rep we were not satisfied with the fix, he said don't worry, they would work with us, even if they went out of warranty (the repair was done at the 11th month mark). Several months later and the screws were puncturing not only the cushions, but us as well, drew blood. Another service call but now they say we are out of warranty and this is just a courtesy.

They ordered new cushions which took almost 4 months to arrive, only 3 arrived, and they looked used. Nowhere near as nice as the ones on my chairs. Another half dozen conversations and they offered 50% off another purchase, to include just replacing the chairs we had with identical ones, but we pay for the exchange at 50% even though the whole thing started out under warranty. Opted for new cushions to be ordered and they advised it will be 18 weeks until they arrive. Whatever you buy at City Furniture, evaluate it on the day you make the purchase, don't make any decisions based upon warranties, you'll just get disappointed.

Original review: May 23, 2018

I will try and be as brief as possible - I strongly suggest shopping somewhere else. 4 out of the 11 pieces were damaged, 1 was missing. One month later we are still trying to resolve. It will take another 2 weeks to resolve they say. They keep making mistakes and we keep having to correct and guide them. Even two pieces we went to pick up ourselves were damaged, they never inspected them. The delivery people bring and take only what they want, not what the order says. They have been dishonest from the sale, each person telling us something different about returns, exchanges etc.

Original review: April 9, 2018

I purchased a leather couch from City Furniture and paid for the stain removal warranty. They did not advise me that I had to call right away as soon as the stain happened, although you don’t always see it right away. They came to try to remove the stain, used 3 products and it didn’t come off. That was all they could do, so I have a less than a year old couch with stains even though I paid to have them removed.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I received my delivery a week late. Then on the day of delivery they were scheduled to come between 9:30-12:30 and I had to call at 12:30 to find out what was going on. Upon delivery hours later, they left without putting the knobs on the draws and two draws were broken. When I asked about it they said to call customer care and left. They are the worst service I have ever experienced with furniture???

Original review: March 13, 2018

I bought a 3-year "In-Home Service Warranty". Defective cushions on 2 of the seats. They are not honoring the WARRANTY per contract! I bought a leather sectional sofa in the summer of 2016 that cost us about $4000 plus. Along with the sofa we also purchased the "In-Home Service Warranty". After just a yr and a half the 2 of the 5 pieces from the sofa have flattened out and is misshapen. THIS IS A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT! You can even see it bulge out A LOT further than the rest. The cushions have failed. I had a tech come in and inspect it from City Furniture. To find out City Furniture just claimed it as normal wear and tear.

I even called the tech up because they blamed the tech saying, "No he deemed it normal wear not us. So we will not do anything for you." The tech said, "No I can see the cushion is only defective on 2 seats," but they don't want to pay for fix it. HOW? THE CUSHIONS ON 2 SOFAS ARE DRAMATICALLY DIPPED AND FAILING COMPARED TO THE REST. I have a yr and a half left on the warranty and they are not honoring WHAT I PAID FOR on their part. Horrible service!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

We recently made a big purchase at City Furniture HQ of about 4K in furniture. Our purchase included our dining table with 5 Camilla Gray Upholstered Chairs. We have cleaned a few stains with a terry cloth and water and with great disappointment the fabric was discolored. This has become an eye sore in my dining room. What’s upsetting is that upon purchase the salesperson recommended these chairs to us not only because they matched the table really well, but also because they were easy to clean and maintain, hence, this is a product made to be used for dining purposes. The product they sold us is of very poor quality. I contacted CS and spoke with Kageene **, she offered me a 40% discount to reselect and purchase 5 chairs and she also scheduled a person to come out and try to fix the problem. The tech came out today and he did not believe I had cleaned the chairs with just water and a Terry cloth.

I showed him exactly what I did and he too saw how easily the fabric became discolored. He was surprised and was short of words and then much later claimed I did it too rough. The tech deemed the damage irreparable. He called Kageene to inform her, and to add insult to injury, she offered me a 30% discount, and argued with me that she had never offered me 40%. Not only am I displeased with the product they sold my family, but their CS agents unwillingness to listen, and furthermore, disregard me as a complete liar. I assure you that on my initial call and conversation with your agent she offered me 40%, of which clearly I refuse to accept for the simple matter that I was never told the fabric on these chairs is unsuitable for dining purposes. They have tossed me around from person to person, and no one is willing to help. Terrible service, terrible product.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We paid in full for various furnitures. After waiting for weeks and months for items to be delivered. We noticed that upon receipt that we have received wrong items or damaged items. They are selling items that are not in stock and are making customers wait months only to be delivered damaged items. I have videos and photos of all of the furniture I've bought that arrived damaged. I asked for replacement and they sent a guy to repair a brand new drawer. Other items they have said we have to wait for weeks. More than a month for the item to be replaced.

We even pay for insurance to cover these items and still not suffice. We had a stain on the couch and they said to just use a cleaner on the sofa. We received a bench with a cut on it, and an old piece of tape covering it. Furniture unaligned, chips, wrong sized chairs. We have drawers that don't close right. Mismatching items and colors. We seem to not get anywhere with City Furniture. We have paid over $10,000 on furniture and complained to City and said they would just give us a $100 for the inconvenience. We even various video showing defects. We have dozens of pictures but it did not allow us to submit more than 4 images.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I purchased a sectional sofa a little over a year ago. I just made my last payment. At the time I also purchased coverage for the fabric. At this time the fabric is pilling and the sofa is understuffed. Very cheaply made. I will NEVER purchase any more furniture from this store. I have spent over $10,000 in purchases from City Furniture. I called their Customer Service Dept but got no results. The warranty on the fabric DOES NOT cover the material pilling! Why did I get the warranty in the first place? I thought it covered the fabric. The only option I got was to spend more money to replace the piece I'm referring to.

I am totally unhappy with the sofa, which cost me 4300 and unhappy with the options that were given to me. It is a defective piece and should be taken back AT NO ADDITIONAL cost to me. Because of these reasons, I will not purchase any more furniture from this store nor recommend it to anyone! Below you will find a photo of the understuffed sectional piece. The pilling of the material does not show in the photo.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I moved from out of town with no furniture. Ordered over $5K of stuff. Scheduled delivery to the new condo. They "had the condo in their database" and also called to arrange delivery. Condo rules, no moving after 4:30 PM. They scheduled my delivery window for after the condo allows. Then they couldn't get me the furniture the next day... meantime I'm sitting on the floor with no furniture.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I have never dealt with a company so incompetent and with such horrible customer service. I thought Comcast was bad but City Furniture takes the cake. The GM and Manager at the store in FM are not at all concerned with helping their customers. Numerous lies told by local staff and the customer service team in Ft. Lauderdale. They allow their drivers to make the rules as they go. I have wasted hours on the phone trying to resolve issues with this company and I am DONE! Stay away from this company unless you want to be disappointed. Not even worth one star!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

City Furniture is the worst... Poor customer service, poor delivery and overall bad experience. Do not buy furniture from City Furniture. I have been waiting for almost a month for my bedroom set. I was told it was in back order. Today makes 3 weeks I have been waiting for my bedroom set. I was contacted by a delivery driver to inform me he would be here in 45. Asked if I had rails. Said no and he replied he would call back. Per City Furniture my order was cancelled by the driver and I’m waiting for my delivery. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM CITY FURNITURE.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Purchased some items from City Furniture. Received a call confirming delivery with the caveat that one item was out of stock. I told customer service to cancel that item and refund the purchase price. Well two more calls to City Furniture with no resolution. No one takes responsibility. Once you buy you are on your own.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Except for Mike ** who was outstanding and a customer service rep who worked with us, we found City's return policy to be so onerous that we will not shop there again. Essentially, everything you now buy is as is once it leaves the store. My wife and I bought the wrong height bar stools and immediately called the store hoping to exchange them for the right height. We were told that there was no replacement or return policy once items leave the store. Our bar stools were still in the boxes except for the one we left the warehouse with unwrapped. After much haggling, the finally told us we could return them with a 15% restocking fee. I was told that this policy is the result of some people misusing the return policy. However, we've been shopping at City for years and the new policy is too restrictive for us to continue to shop there.

In my opinion, City is punishing the good customers for the misbehavior of a few instead of trying to make lemonade out of lemons by perhaps separating the exchange policy from the return policy or having a program for elite customers who were able to return items by being in elite club of some sort with City. But there are legitimate returns or exchanges that need to be made by people who are making major purchases when an item doesn't fit or there's a desire to exchange an item. Otherwise, in my view, City Furniture is reducing itself to a second tier retailer that even professionals like Mike can't overcome.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

This is the worst experience... Three weeks ago was delivered water damaged and full of mold. After spending months cleaning up mold from hurricane. Have spent many hours on phone and sending pictures to company. They came finally today to have only sent the wrong pieces. Now they are saying another week before can be delivered. Worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. I want them to just take it back and saying no return policy... Buyer beware. Do not buy from CITY FURNITURE.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Their sales practice is disgraceful, the salespeople add warranty when you don't request it and give you a hard time when you tell them to remove it. The furniture is extremely poor quality, and the customer service is nonexistent. The cheap Chinese made furniture arrived damaged, you have to photograph the damage and fill in an online form, then they ignore you. So you then need to ring and stay on hold for hours at a time trying to find out when someone is going to call you and resolve the issue, the automated response you get from the online damage form is a NO REPLY email so the only thing you can do is call them and wait on hold for hours and hours. We should always learn from your experience, so I am passing on my experience to you so you don't have to waste days of your life like I did. DO NOT SHOP CITY FURNITURE OR ASHLEY'S UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

It is 10 pm and I was supposed to be receive my dining table between the hours of 3-6 pm. I checked earlier today. Time had changed to 6:50 pm-7:20. Then I started calling customer service which was no help. At 8:36 after another called to customer service they said 20 mins to delivery. Well it is 9:55 pm and the delivery guys are still not here. I got an automated text that they were doing to get here an hour ago but they got lost. They waited to give me a call for directions, 30 mins after being lost. This has been a stressful day waiting and not getting true answers from customer service. I will never purchase anything from City Furniture again! I have to wake up early for work and now I have to wait for them to assemble the dining set I purchased. Very disappointed I paid this company, should of read reviews.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

This is the first and only time that I will purchase furniture through City Furniture. I purchased a bedroom set, 3 queen mattresses, and 2 twin mattresses from City Furniture in Naples on 10/31. The purchase included free shipping. According to the City Furniture website at that time, their free shipping included pick up of mattresses as part of their Haiti Relief campaign. I asked the salesman to confirm that the mattresses would be picked as part of free shipping. He confirmed that our old mattresses would be picked up when the furniture was delivered. This is the main reason that I purchased through City Furniture.

When the furniture was delivered on 11/2, I was told by the deliverymen and customer service that City Furniture has changed their policy and no longer picks up mattresses. I called the salesman and he was unaware of any changes to the policy. To try and uphold the policy the salesperson started trying to identify a non-profit organization that could pick up the mattresses but no one is able to come today and most will not be able to come for a week. I am now forced to pay a company to remove the mattresses. City Furniture provided absolutely no support. I will never purchase another product through this company and will caution my friends when shopping for furniture.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I had a table delivered and it was damaged so had to send in pictures and schedule an appointment to have a new table delivered. The following week I get a missed phone call and message saying to contact City Furniture to confirm delivery for Monday. I also received a text saying to respond Y to confirm delivery for Monday. I did respond Y for yes and received a text message saying I am confirmed for Monday delivery.

On Monday I did not get the delivery so I called and they said I never returned their call to confirm delivery so they were not able to deliver my furniture. However in fact I did get a text confirmation saying I was confirmed. I did contact customer care and was told I never called them to confirm my delivery. When I mentioned I have a text message saying I am confirmed they said that does not mean anything. Only a confirmation on phone will confirm delivery. My question was - WHY DID YOU SEND ME CONFIRMATION CONFIRMING DELIVERY THROUGH TEXT IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THAT AS CONFIRMATION??? Customer service department is very inconsiderate and not understanding at all. Yet they continue to send text confirmations that do not actually confirm delivery even if the text states delivery is confirmed. This must be very confusing to other customers as well.

The next attempt to deliver my table was done by two very incompetent delivery guys. They hit my TV with the table when removing from my apartment. My TV has a big scratch on it now and they did not put my new table together correctly. So I asked them to leave me my original table with the damaged corners until I get a new one delivered that's put together properly. What really upset me further is when I called customer care again to explain what happened and that I even have pictures of my TV scratched by the City Furniture Delivery guys they said the delivery guys denied this and so they don't believe me.

City Furniture is not customer friendly and does not act in very businesslike Manner. I will let all my friends and family know to never order from City Furniture again unless to do something to rectify my situation. They should start by changing their system and not send text asking customers to confirm delivery by responding Y for yes if it does not actually confirm the delivery. I've attached the picture of my TV after they bumped into with table. Very very reckless, and unprofessional delivery and customer service representatives.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My husband and I bought furniture at the Boca Raton City Furniture 3 years ago and had no problems at all. We went to the Wellington store on July 29th to pick out new bedroom furniture. We found a set we liked and asked about it, the salesperson said that the furniture had been discontinued. I was confused as to why it was still on the floor but she told us that it was being sold "as is". That wasn't marked anywhere that was visible, but we moved on to find something else. We found another set and flagged down another salesperson. This time we were told that the full set wasn't in stock, but we could have the pieces that were available delivered then and wait for the others. Then she said the other pieces would not be available until October 21st! I was surprised how long it would take but we agreed to have everything delivered at once, so as not to have to pay the 120.00 delivery fee twice.

Well now it is October. We have given away our old furniture to people that lost their furniture in the hurricane because we’d have to make room for the new furniture anyway. Moved other furniture around in other rooms so we are ready. My husband called on Monday the 16th to make sure everything was still being delivered on Saturday and the customer service person said, “Of course!” I got a phone call today telling me that 3 pieces of the 5 I ordered have been discontinued but to come in so they could help get furniture that matched as close as possible to what was being delivered!

We said we don't want any of the furniture now because we are so annoyed! The customer service rep could not understand why we were so annoyed! We waited three months, paid for half of the balance, got rid of our old furniture, have family coming to stay in a month and there is no furniture... but no big deal! We will NOT be shopping here again! Find a furniture company that actually has the furniture in stock and doesn't make you wait so long that it becomes discontinued! And has customer service people that can at least pretend to be empathetic!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I am very disappointed with City Furniture insurance department. They will do anything not to replace your product. I bought a laminated marble table from City Furniture. It looks gorgeous, but after a few months the legs started shaking because the screws were loose. Crack started to appear on the table. I called City Furniture to report the problem. They sent someone to check the table. The person told me that it's a manufacturing defect, and City Furniture should replace it.

I received a call from City Furniture department, and they told me they are not going to replace the table because I supposed to call them sooner. I have a 3 year warrant insurance, and I am still within the warranty. City Furniture insurance is a joke. Don't waste your money on City Furniture insurance because it will not be useful to you when you need it. I am not going to leave this thing like that. I am going to expose them. I will make sure the world know what they are doing to customer is wrong. I am done with City Furniture.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I am so disappointed with the customer service at City Furniture. When you call the customer services you're on hold for at least 1 hour before you speak to anyone. We had furniture delivered which was ok. One of the pieces of furniture was damaged. And the trouble we had to get it delivered back was absolutely ridiculous. Phone call after phone call having to wait in for hours. The customer service people very very rude.

Still waiting for the one piece of furniture to be delivered. And yesterday we had to go back to the shop and order couple more things, and I have never ever met a most ignorant sale person in my life Olivia **. She was so very rude. Not a smile, not a thank you, very argumentative. Just awful. She needs to go to some kind of customer service class, because people like this should not be working in this kind of job. RUDE. The guy in City called Tito was amazing, helpful, very happy to serve, smiling all the time. I will never shop at Ashley or City Furniture again because of this experience.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I bought a mattress from City Furniture in Pembroke Pines, FL on 6/29/17 with the extra mattress pad for the 120 day reselection/exchange if we didn't like it. That transaction went smoothly, but the mattress was not comfortable, so on I went back on 7/18/17 and choose another mattress for exchange - paying the difference right then and there plus added 2 other chairs to the delivery order scheduled for Friday 7/21/17.

On 7/21/17 I get the morning call (7:30am) about picking up the old mattress. I question about the delivery of the new mattress and he said it is probably on another truck. They arrive at 8:30 am to take the old mattress and I say "I still haven't heard about the delivery of the new mattress" and he said "someone should call by 9 am." At 9:05 am I call to find out about the new mattress and they say there is a problem with how the sales person processed the return and that the account still showed a balance due. The customer service girl said she had to wait till 10 am when the store opened to clear it up and would call me back around 10:30. At 11:05 am I call back and re-explain everything to another customer service person who says nothing had been done about the issue and she would try to help. She called around trying to sort it out and get it delivered that afternoon.

Finally (after a long time on hold- a disconnect and talking briefly with another customer service person) she said that she was able to pull some string to get it delivered that afternoon between 4-6 pm. So I wait and wait and wait and at 5:30 pm I call and ask when they were coming with my mattress and was told that it never made the truck and it wasn't coming today. I was very upset since now I had nothing to sleep on for the night. Then the customer service supervisor said a manager would call us back first thing Saturday morning and offered to refund our delivery fee ($110) and I thought a discount or $60 or store credit of $120 (though I swore I wanted the cash and I would never shop in their store again). So that night I slept on an air mattress due to City Furniture's incompetence.

Anyways- Saturday 7/22 morning comes and we never get a call from the manager. I call at 10 am to try and sort it out and see if we were at least getting the mattress today. After some more run around and issues they said they could deliver it that evening from 5-7 pm. I inquired about the delivery refund and cash credit and they said I was only eligible for the delivery credit that the cash credit was a lower tier credit and the delivery credit is all we were eligible for- but I still have not seen this refunded to my credit card.

Overall this experience was HORRIBLE. They don't seem to have good coordination and know what they are doing. Due to a series of THEIR mistakes I suffered a horrible night's sleep and had my time wasted (missed a day of work for nothing, spent hours on the phone and waiting, plus my Saturday evening!).

I do not recommend and will never buy anything from them or any Ashley Furniture Affiliate ever again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I purchased a $2250 sectional sofa online after viewing it in the showroom. Within hours, I was told that 2 sections were back ordered even though it was in stock when I ordered it. Spoke to 5 different people who gave me several different times when the order would eventually be delivered. Each call was more than 1/2 hour wait time. Ended up cancelling this order due to frustration and very poor customer service. It's not like I was ordering a pair of shoes; it's a sofa! They sound so disinterested in helping you, it's a shame. Do not buy your furniture here. You will be disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

The sofa began to fade within the first three months. We bought the extended warranty, so I called. They told me fading wasn't covered. I will never buy another piece of furniture from City Furniture. Their Furniture sucks.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Back on May 2016 I bought a platform bedroom set with a mattress. It is obvious that the salesperson has no idea what she was doing, because she sold me a 16" mattress. I had never bought a platform bed; I didn't know any better. The mattress is extremely high for the bed, which makes it almost impossible to climb the bed and get off. Due to personal problems and business traveling, I called today to get it exchanged, as it has hardly been used. The representative in the warranty department, Ivan, said that he couldn't do anything for me. I requested to speak to a supervisor or manager, and he refused to transfer the call. He said that it was over the warranty time, I just had to talk to him and there was nobody else I could speak to. I told him that was impossible, as he had to have a superior. He said that he wasn't going to give the call to anyone else, as nothing could be done.

City Furniture Company Information