1.13/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Tamarac, FL

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

288 City Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: March 13, 2019

Had an incredible delay on delivery coordination, schedule for March 8, later 12, finally for the 20, unacceptable because my shipment overseas leave the 15! Nobody call me, no Paul the salesman, come there, Stanley stay seated in front of me 20 minutes without a word, ignoring me. Aleluya, Katerine appears and make my refund! She was the only one that understand customers pay her salary!!! Terrible experience, not recommend to anyone!

Original review: March 13, 2019

My wife and I bought a bedroom and immediately when we bought the bed had 2 service calls. Now bed collapsed from under us 3 weeks for warranty assistance. Promised 50 service charge waived not so false comp.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: March 6, 2019

Horrible experience. I bought a bedroom set for my daughter, I paid the whole set at once back in February 18, I clearly explained to the seller the importance of the delivery date because we had an incident with my daughter's old bed. The seller promised that my order was going to be delivered in February 25, but I only got the mattress and a damaged board, then, they came back brought 1 more part of my order and left the mirror and 2 rails that are not part of my order on my garage. I'm still waiting for the rest of my order, and they say, I won't get it until March 20th, which is more than one month after the purchase.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I recently went to City Furniture to accompany my granddaughter while she was buying furniture, while I was there I noticed dining set I liked. I wasn’t sure about the size however and the sales associate told me we could set everything up as if we were completing the sale and then when I got home I could measure and call back to confirm or cancel.

When I got home, I realized it wasn’t going to fit so I called (same day) and canceled the order (which was supposed to be pending, not completed). The sales Associate SAMIR ** assured me it was canceled. I then called the next day to confirm and he assured me again it was canceled. My granddaughter went into the store the following day and met with SAMIR ** to confirm that it had indeed been canceled and he said it was for sure.

A week later I received a statement in the mail looking for my first payment for the furniture. In the meantime the SAMIR ** kept calling to ask if I wanted to come in the store to look for something else. I kept asking, "Why am I been charge if I cancel the transaction?" But SAMIR ** Kept reassuring me that everything was cancel. 25 days later I had to call the manager and he gave me a refund for the purchase, but his response was very unapologetic, telling me that it was human error on SAMIR **, as if this was not a big deal. I am very sorry, but when it comes to money, companies need to be more responsible on their sales associate's behaviors. Sincerely, a very angry customer.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I purchased a $700 dining set. It was delivered to my home today and the delivery men LITERALLY ran out of my house as soon as setting up the furniture. Then, I noticed EVERYTHING in the set is broken. Every. Single. Thing. I called customer service and they said I had to wait 24-48 hours for someone to call me to set up a time to get it fixed. Never buying anything here ever again. Disgusting, it's a shame.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Purchase a high top wood table and 4 chairs. Almost 1000. 5 minutes after set up left I noticed that the table top did not line up with the base. Clearly the holes were drilled improperly so if table is against wall base is crooked and chairs do not fit flush. They told me they would send me another table. Never did they say that I only had 2 more days to return the entire set. Why would I worry if I was getting another table. I loved the set and waited 6 months to finally order. Second table comes and it is the same crooked table... They are just made improperly. They tell me now I am stuck. They will not take the set back... I have two choices either wait till April when another table comes in or pick something else. Problem is I do not want something else. This is the worst company and beyond sorry that I ever ordered anything. Will never use them and I will tell everyone they suck.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

While shopping for a bedroom set for my teenager son, Claudia ** was great helping me to select the perfect bed. I bought the Forge bedroom set, which was a great value and good quality. Delivery took place the same week and it was done on time by a team of very professional guys. City Furniture gave me a great shopping experience.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Purchased a sectional couch. Worst purchase ever! Stitching coming apart. Couch had creases where anyone sits. Pillows have stuff poking out. Very poorly made. City furniture does not allow anyone to return.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

Purchased a couch and love seat and the leather (actually microfiber) began peeling off after a little over a year of use. We are now faced with having to replacing both and City Furniture refuses to help us with the manufacturer (Southern Motion) because we didn't purchase an extended warranty. I feel that this is not a warranty issue but a defect in the product. Their customer service is terrible and would never buy from them again!!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

I went to City Furniture to purchase a recliner love seat on February 13th, 2016 and met with Felipe the salesman. We looked at the sofa and he claimed that the price went up by $100. I showed him the price on display was the same price as online and he claimed that he would 'Honor" the price. I also asked about the free shipping on items over $495 and Felipe confirmed this. When I told him that I wanted the item shipped to my freight forwarder just five miles away, Felipe stated that the delivery price was $140.

I asked what the difference between delivering to a home and my freight forwarder and he could not give me an answer, but claimed that it was "Store Policy". He also said that he could not guarantee delivery within a one week period. I walked out of the store, because I concluded that they are scammers that prey on foreigners because they know that we are here for a limited time and need to purchase in a timely fashion. I found comparable furniture at IKEA and they delivered the next day at a cost of $59. Also Rooms to go charge $59 for delivery. Stay away from City Furniture!

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Purchased this sofa bed so that my cousin (cancer patient) would not have to sleep on the old uncomfortable futon. They delivered next day, 2/9/19. Deliveryman opened and closed the bed. They left and I opened it to measure mattress thickness. It locked up and would not close. I now have an old futon in my living room and a half closed sofa bed in the den. Customer service makes assurances (always sweet) that the service company will call in evening. Does not happen.

I have made numerous calls to them and to the serviceman who is supposed to call me to make an appointment for service. Attempts to call this serviceman is futile as the voice mailbox is full so I can't even leave a message. Tried to call corporate. Phone choices are: employment, customer service (which I know gets us nowhere) and operator. So, I chose 'operator'. 30 rings and no answer. UNHAPPY CITY FURNITURE CUSTOMERS UNITE. If anyone out there knows how to make a website, we could use one to unite and give this company what they deserve.

Original review: Feb. 8, 2019

I cannot in good faith recommend City Furniture in Boca Raton as my experience making purchases there has been less than satisfactory. In early January to be exact on 1/7/2019 we visited their store and upon the basis of a floor model that was slightly damaged we opted to purchase the "only" one remaining in stock. The price was $3500.00 Delivery was scheduled for the following Monday. Needless to say they arrived much later for the delivery than indicated. When they arrived in darkness the delivery personnel told us they could not bring the item to the second floor. They stated they needed another person.

They rescheduled for the following Wednesday and we cancelled all of our appointments. At 8:30 that morning we received a phone call from customer care as they called to tell us that the piece in stock was damaged. How come they did not know this beforehand and make us waste so much time? Disorganized for sure and unreliable.

We returned to the store and purchased the floor model even though we did not want a damaged piece. They gave us a discount on the floor model and finally it

was delivered. I had to make many phone calls to their customer care most of which were unanswered. I was never given any explanation for the horrible service or what happened to the one in stock. I suspect they sold it to another person. We additionally paid $295 for their "design service" and in our opinion this was money poorly spent for what we received. No designs or layouts in writing a short visit to our house and a further look around the store with the salesperson and the designer. We have requested a refund twice in writing to the general manager, but have not received a response as of yet.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I am very disappointed that after I called more than three weeks ago I still have not received a call back from City Furniture Customer Service. This is my second couch, because the first one had many defects and this one have many defects too. I paid more than $1,400.00 for this couch and I request to have at least these two pillows replace. Also the delivery people was not careful and took the two small pillows that I bought extra for the sofa. I called right away when it happened to the Customer Service line and they told me that they are going to send them back by mail. I still have not received them!!! Please give me a call as soon as possible to coordinate, I will like all these problems to be solve.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I needed a new bed and decided to buy it (all of it- the mattress, headboard, etc) at City Furniture because it is a store with “prestige.” When I went to the store I was treated nicely and got a good deal. The nightmare begins two months after my bed was delivered. My bed started to fall apart!!! Turns out that the service I paid to have my bed delivered and set up for me was a total waste! My bed had loose screws and some were missing! I didn’t bother to check beforehand because I trusted that the company would give me a great service. When I went to the store to complain, I was blamed for what had happened or they claimed that I had done it on purpose. They treat you nicely when they want you to buy something, but treat you horribly when they do something wrong and don’t take the responsibility. I haven’t even finished paying for the bed.

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I purchased a writing desk from The Villages Spanish Springs store. They did not have the desk in the store so I had to buy it from my picture and description on the Internet. They delivered the desk today along with other items. The driver initially set the desk in the wrong room. As they were leaving I said, "Where is the desk," and found that he had put it in the wrong room. I asked him to move it in the right room. He was in a hurry. I looked at the desk. I said, "This was not as described on the Internet." I asked him about the finish on it. He claimed it was that way due to the type of finished. He said, "If you decide you don’t want to call the store and they will pick it up." He walked out the door. Got in the truck and starting driving away. I’ll tried to call him to stop him and have him to take the desk but he did not answer my call.

I called customer service and held 20 + minutes. They called me back later. Bottom line the desk is mine. Take it or leave it. These customer service people read from a script. They don’t care. I called the local store manager. She said I would have to go thru customer service. That she doesn’t have the authority to help me either. They have just lost a customer and they don’t care. This is a big box store that only sees black and white. They don’t care about the customer and they hide behind all their policies. Shop somewhere else is all I can say.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I decided to go to City Furniture to buy a sectional that I seen in the ads. I went to the store and liked what I saw. The salesman guaranteed a lot of promises that wasn't close to the truth. I bought a leather sectional that cost a lot of money. After only 5 months I noticed spots that look like it was fading. Like some discoloration or something. I got a warranty on the furniture so I called and email with pictures of the problems to City Furniture about the issue. They sent someone out and insisted that the chair started changing colors because of the Heat. That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard especially when you live in Florida. They refused to take back the chair to give me another one. Only 5 months and chair is fading as if they sprayed the chair and sold it. I've had leather chairs in my house and never have I seen this issue before.

My sister brought the exact sectional as mine's from a different company and yet hers is still in great shape. She also lives in Florida. I've fought with these people for months and they refused to do anything. They had the nerves to offer me a discount on next item purchased. I will never ever purchase or recommend City Furniture to anyone. They are greedy disgusting people and I really hope they go out of business. Looking at others reviews, it says a lot about this company. I wish I read the reviews before buying anything from them. I'm so disgusted and upset that every time I walk in my back room and see the furniture I get upset. It looks like I had this piece of furniture for over 30 years. Shame on you City Furniture!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Salespeople are completely useless when it comes to follow-up (both sales, customer satisfaction & warranty issues or problems...they're of absolutely no assistance). Their delivery driver's rush into & out of your house, barely giving you time to take a breath, much less actually direct them where to place and inspect the items they've delivered.

NUMEROUS trucks show up, with NO PRIOR NOTIFICATION, without pieces that you've ordered and/or with pieces that are damaged (clearly weren't carefully inspected before they left the warehouse and/or damaged during the drive), only to have to wait weeks more for re delivery OR numerous times I've waited weeks only to be told item was suddenly 'discontinued' (something they could have told me weeks prior or anytime thereafter). Salespeople are commissioned but numerous times I've lingered around for 20 - 30 minutes while numerous salespeople walked past me & never uttered a word. Finally, NO ONE ever answers their customer service email. OVERALL: Terrible sales practices, customer service & marginal furniture quality.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I referred my daughter & son-in-law, Darlene & Michael **, to City Furniture, as we had wonderful service 16 yrs. ago. We ordered a house full of their merchandise... Two trucks were sent at the same time. Everything was unwrapped & placed where we wanted it. We couldn't have been more pleased! Darlene & Mike ordered from them for their new Home. They were delivered a sectional sofa w/ 1 wrong piece...redelivery was the same! They both have already missed 2 days of work to accept ridiculously wrong deliveries! The loss of pay & wasted time to them both is unthinkable! I would never recommend this Company to anyone again, nor would I ever order from them again! They have certainly gone downhill from the Company we so loved & trusted!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Bought Kevin Charles brand believing it stand for quality, but I was wrong. City Furniture unable to provide replacement parts for the poor workmanship hardware. Although they still selling these products, no replacement parts are available (unbelievable!). Spent over 4K in a bedroom set, now the handles of nightstands are breaking like if they are made of plastic. Total number of handles in bedroom set is approximately 15-18. Customer service rep acknowledge that they know about the issue but they are no have any replacement parts. I was told to find hardware someplace else. Last time I buy from City Furniture.

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Purchased 6 pieces of furniture and every piece had a problem. Was told complete order was in stock they weren’t. TV stand damaged had to be replaced. Delivered headboard with no brackets. Had to wait until they ordered them and when they arrived they were installed incorrectly requiring new brackets rendering bed unusable for weeks. Screws were stripped and left partially installed. Dresser drawer required repair service call. Nightstand drawer required service assessment with a $50.00 transportation fee in cash to determine what to do. Customer service apologized profusely but City takes no responsibility for poor quality or inconvenience. Absolute awful experience from the salesman who disappeared as soon as there was a problem to the warranty department who kept reading the well scripted company mantra.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Purchased a sectional couch in November. It was scheduled to be delivered right away. Good thing I called the day before delivery to confirm delivery and was told only part of the couch was ready to be delivered. I told them, "Do not bring part of a couch. Do not deliver until you have the whole thing." Spoke to my sales rep and also store Manager who guaranteed me delivery by end of December and said all pieces would be in. The day before delivery was told by three different employees that all pieces were in and would be delivered and that if anything was missing when the truck was loaded the drivers would let us know.

The drivers came, brought all pieces inside, set up, and at the last minute said, "Oh one piece is missing. It is a reclining end piece." The sofa looks horrible and it is two days from Christmas and I have 15 people coming for Christmas. One of the drivers even said he noticed the piece missing when they loaded the truck but no one called. They told me to call the manager and he would take care of us. I called and they now say they cannot get the end piece until the end of January. I cannot trust them at all. Also one of the big pieces they did deliver the back is broken. We are now waiting for them to pick up the whole thing and give us credit back. We will never deal with City Furniture again worst experience ever.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I am really disappointed. I received my dining room without the tools and screws to assemble the table. I called customer service, and they are going to send me the screws until January 15. It means I don't have my dining room for 1 month. I have a big unarmed table on the floor, and I don't have a table to eat for Christmas dinner and New Year. This is incredible, I am very upset with this company. DON'T PURCHASE IN CITY FURNITURE.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Worst business I have ever dealt with. Stay away!!! Their delivery men assembled the cabinet I bought incorrectly and damaged it. In addition, they did not hand me any of the paperwork for the furniture upon delivery. They simply stated that they threw it away. Now, they refuse to take it back and are forcing me to have it repaired. Not taking responsibility and acting with absolutely no dignity and scruples.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We purchased a new dining room table and chairs after already buying bedroom and living room furniture. Each purchase had a problem, however, the table has been ongoing for 2 months! It was delivered without the feet on bottom of table. The table is too low to sit at and use. They promised to get us those feet 2 months ago. It has gotten to the point where a new table to replace this was to be delivered yesterday. The delivery people showed up with a new leaf for this useless table! This is now totally unacceptable.

I want to know how much money one needs to spend here to get them to stop screwing you! Stay away from this company. Once they get your money, they don't care about you anymore. Also, remember, they have a "no return" policy. Inspect your delivery carefully before the delivery truck leaves. If something is wrong, don't accept the delivery, put it back on the truck. Once they leave and you find something wrong, it's "Screw you!" Stay away from City Furniture!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I saw the truck arrive at the Condo’s checkpoint and give the customer information when they were removing the sofa from the truck. They damaged one leg to the sofa therefore they went to return the sofa. I received a message that they would make the delivery in two more days. Finally the day of delivery arrived but they never arrived because they say they did not have the correct address. How can they say that if they had been two days before in the condominium. I called the customer service department and the representative tells me that the new date available for delivery will be in 6 days. For me they are very irresponsible and it is a lack of respect to the client because I paid $59.99 for delivery.

Resolution response: Nov. 19, 2018

City Furniture came through regarding to resolve the situation.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Purchased sleeper I. January 2018, delivered only in May 2018. June 2018, my 2 grandchildren visited and first time using sleeper, very difficult to open and then we saw that frame is totally not straight. Called customer care and warranty dept., sent a tech person? (Regular repair guy) he told them it could be repaired by replacing piece. Totally disagree, it’s putting a band-aid on a cut, asked them what the warranty is on piece and all I kept hearing that it’s manufacturer warranty of 1 year from date of purchase... it’s going to take 6 - 8 weeks to get part, which should bring us to January... 1 year that I purchased sofa... where is the warranty on the piece???

Now what happens if 2 adults go sleep on this patched up job and someone gets seriously hurt? Are they responsible? Seems like City Furniture is anxious to help you when you are buying but if something is not right afterwards, they don’t care. I dropped thousands at store to furnish my whole house, I expect City Furniture to exchange the item because it is manufacturer’s fault. I was really impressed with the choice of furniture, but it’s the CUSTOMER SERVICE which counts above ALL. Will not see me in store anymore to make any purchases. People, go spend your hard earned money elsewhere. Ft Myers is full of furniture stores! I expected nothing but best service and in my case, an exchange!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I purchased a sectional sofa back in 2016 (our second one from this store and our last). We did not want the extended warranty but the saleswoman talked us into it. We told her at the time that we had 3 dogs and she said it would not be an issue and that all damages are fixed or replaced. Well now we are in 2018 and the stitching is coming loose so we place a call, the guy came out and said he would inform the store of the situation. I just called to get an update and was told that our claim was rejected since the damage came from our end and not the manufacturers. So long story short they sold us a warranty knowing that when we were to place a claim it would be rejected. I asked for a refund of the warranty $ and was told we could only get $13.00 back. I will not use them again, salespeople are frauds talking customers into warranties that they know will not be covered.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Had terrible experience this time around after making several large purchases in Boca Raton store. One item, TV console, was on a back order and was supposed to be scheduled for delivery at a later date than the rest of the items. When first delivery came in they did not have all the chairs, so the rep called me and scheduled another delivery for the remaining chairs. Turned out their system does not allow for several deliveries scheduled at the same time so the TV console that came in and was reserved for me got "unreserved" and went to another customer. It has been rescheduled several times, now almost two months after the purchase I still do not have the TV console.

Sales representative just disappeared on me, never called back. Customer support center employees are dishonest, changing the story constantly, saying we did call you, we informed you of the delay, etc, when nobody did. I had to take time off from work 3 times! To be home waiting for the deliveries that never came. Very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The overall experience with City Furniture was horrible. From the rushed salesperson pushing me out the door. Delivery was scheduled and did not receive the item on the scheduled day. Customer service is another issue. They didn’t solve my issues nor did they care. I will NEVER shop City Furniture again! Poor poor experience.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We purchased a bed/mattress set from them in August and just got it delivered finally now (mid-November), after many attempts, because they had sold our rails to another customer. The delivery men took our bed outside immediately, and that's an important detail - because once they do that, there's no going back. The mattress we bought was nearly $3,000; the bed itself was much less, on sale. They've been trying to get us to cancel the bed and just put the mattress on a frame and be done with it. Well, lo and behold, delivery day comes and IT IS THE WRONG BED. But since my bed had already left the house, I had two options: Take the new mattress and get a $75 credit (not kidding), or they would just leave my bed outside and not even haul away. So in the end, they got what they wanted - a sucker of a customer buying an overpriced mattress, with no bed. Do not do business with these people. Ever.

City Furniture Company Information