1.14/5
Based on 215 reviews that contain star ratingsSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Tamarac, FL

Last updated: April 9, 2018

232 City Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 9, 2018

I purchased a leather couch from City Furniture and paid for the stain removal warranty. They did not advise me that I had to call right away as soon as the stain happened, although you don’t always see it right away. They came to try to remove the stain, used 3 products and it didn’t come off. That was all they could do, so I have a less than a year old couch with stains even though I paid to have them removed.

Original review: April 2, 2018

I received my delivery a week late. Then on the day of delivery they were scheduled to come between 9:30-12:30 and I had to call at 12:30 to find out what was going on. Upon delivery hours later, they left without putting the knobs on the draws and two draws were broken. When I asked about it they said to call customer care and left. They are the worst service I have ever experienced with furniture???

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 13, 2018

I bought a 3-year "In-Home Service Warranty". Defective cushions on 2 of the seats. They are not honoring the WARRANTY per contract! I bought a leather sectional sofa in the summer of 2016 that cost us about $4000 plus. Along with the sofa we also purchased the "In-Home Service Warranty". After just a yr and a half the 2 of the 5 pieces from the sofa have flattened out and is misshapen. THIS IS A DEFECTIVE PRODUCT! You can even see it bulge out A LOT further than the rest. The cushions have failed. I had a tech come in and inspect it from City Furniture. To find out City Furniture just claimed it as normal wear and tear.

I even called the tech up because they blamed the tech saying, "No he deemed it normal wear not us. So we will not do anything for you." The tech said, "No I can see the cushion is only defective on 2 seats," but they don't want to pay for fix it. HOW? THE CUSHIONS ON 2 SOFAS ARE DRAMATICALLY DIPPED AND FAILING COMPARED TO THE REST. I have a yr and a half left on the warranty and they are not honoring WHAT I PAID FOR on their part. Horrible service!

Original review: Feb. 24, 2018

We recently made a big purchase at City Furniture HQ of about 4K in furniture. Our purchase included our dining table with 5 Camilla Gray Upholstered Chairs. We have cleaned a few stains with a terry cloth and water and with great disappointment the fabric was discolored. This has become an eye sore in my dining room. What’s upsetting is that upon purchase the salesperson recommended these chairs to us not only because they matched the table really well, but also because they were easy to clean and maintain, hence, this is a product made to be used for dining purposes. The product they sold us is of very poor quality. I contacted CS and spoke with Kageene **, she offered me a 40% discount to reselect and purchase 5 chairs and she also scheduled a person to come out and try to fix the problem. The tech came out today and he did not believe I had cleaned the chairs with just water and a Terry cloth.

I showed him exactly what I did and he too saw how easily the fabric became discolored. He was surprised and was short of words and then much later claimed I did it too rough. The tech deemed the damage irreparable. He called Kageene to inform her, and to add insult to injury, she offered me a 30% discount, and argued with me that she had never offered me 40%. Not only am I displeased with the product they sold my family, but their CS agents unwillingness to listen, and furthermore, disregard me as a complete liar. I assure you that on my initial call and conversation with your agent she offered me 40%, of which clearly I refuse to accept for the simple matter that I was never told the fabric on these chairs is unsuitable for dining purposes. They have tossed me around from person to person, and no one is willing to help. Terrible service, terrible product.

Original review: Feb. 9, 2018

We paid in full for various furnitures. After waiting for weeks and months for items to be delivered. We noticed that upon receipt that we have received wrong items or damaged items. They are selling items that are not in stock and are making customers wait months only to be delivered damaged items. I have videos and photos of all of the furniture I've bought that arrived damaged. I asked for replacement and they sent a guy to repair a brand new drawer. Other items they have said we have to wait for weeks. More than a month for the item to be replaced.

We even pay for insurance to cover these items and still not suffice. We had a stain on the couch and they said to just use a cleaner on the sofa. We received a bench with a cut on it, and an old piece of tape covering it. Furniture unaligned, chips, wrong sized chairs. We have drawers that don't close right. Mismatching items and colors. We seem to not get anywhere with City Furniture. We have paid over $10,000 on furniture and complained to City and said they would just give us a $100 for the inconvenience. We even various video showing defects. We have dozens of pictures but it did not allow us to submit more than 4 images.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 7, 2018

I purchased a sectional sofa a little over a year ago. I just made my last payment. At the time I also purchased coverage for the fabric. At this time the fabric is pilling and the sofa is understuffed. Very cheaply made. I will NEVER purchase any more furniture from this store. I have spent over $10,000 in purchases from City Furniture. I called their Customer Service Dept but got no results. The warranty on the fabric DOES NOT cover the material pilling! Why did I get the warranty in the first place? I thought it covered the fabric. The only option I got was to spend more money to replace the piece I'm referring to.

I am totally unhappy with the sofa, which cost me 4300 and unhappy with the options that were given to me. It is a defective piece and should be taken back AT NO ADDITIONAL cost to me. Because of these reasons, I will not purchase any more furniture from this store nor recommend it to anyone! Below you will find a photo of the understuffed sectional piece. The pilling of the material does not show in the photo.

Original review: Feb. 1, 2018

I moved from out of town with no furniture. Ordered over $5K of stuff. Scheduled delivery to the new condo. They "had the condo in their database" and also called to arrange delivery. Condo rules, no moving after 4:30 PM. They scheduled my delivery window for after the condo allows. Then they couldn't get me the furniture the next day... meantime I'm sitting on the floor with no furniture.

Original review: Jan. 30, 2018

I have never dealt with a company so incompetent and with such horrible customer service. I thought Comcast was bad but City Furniture takes the cake. The GM and Manager at the store in FM are not at all concerned with helping their customers. Numerous lies told by local staff and the customer service team in Ft. Lauderdale. They allow their drivers to make the rules as they go. I have wasted hours on the phone trying to resolve issues with this company and I am DONE! Stay away from this company unless you want to be disappointed. Not even worth one star!

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

City Furniture is the worst... Poor customer service, poor delivery and overall bad experience. Do not buy furniture from City Furniture. I have been waiting for almost a month for my bedroom set. I was told it was in back order. Today makes 3 weeks I have been waiting for my bedroom set. I was contacted by a delivery driver to inform me he would be here in 45. Asked if I had rails. Said no and he replied he would call back. Per City Furniture my order was cancelled by the driver and I’m waiting for my delivery. PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM CITY FURNITURE.

Original review: Dec. 20, 2017

Purchased some items from City Furniture. Received a call confirming delivery with the caveat that one item was out of stock. I told customer service to cancel that item and refund the purchase price. Well two more calls to City Furniture with no resolution. No one takes responsibility. Once you buy you are on your own.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Except for Mike ** who was outstanding and a customer service rep who worked with us, we found City's return policy to be so onerous that we will not shop there again. Essentially, everything you now buy is as is once it leaves the store. My wife and I bought the wrong height bar stools and immediately called the store hoping to exchange them for the right height. We were told that there was no replacement or return policy once items leave the store. Our bar stools were still in the boxes except for the one we left the warehouse with unwrapped. After much haggling, the finally told us we could return them with a 15% restocking fee. I was told that this policy is the result of some people misusing the return policy. However, we've been shopping at City for years and the new policy is too restrictive for us to continue to shop there.

In my opinion, City is punishing the good customers for the misbehavior of a few instead of trying to make lemonade out of lemons by perhaps separating the exchange policy from the return policy or having a program for elite customers who were able to return items by being in elite club of some sort with City. But there are legitimate returns or exchanges that need to be made by people who are making major purchases when an item doesn't fit or there's a desire to exchange an item. Otherwise, in my view, City Furniture is reducing itself to a second tier retailer that even professionals like Mike can't overcome.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

This is the worst experience... Three weeks ago was delivered water damaged and full of mold. After spending months cleaning up mold from hurricane. Have spent many hours on phone and sending pictures to company. They came finally today to have only sent the wrong pieces. Now they are saying another week before can be delivered. Worst customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. I want them to just take it back and saying no return policy... Buyer beware. Do not buy from CITY FURNITURE.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Their sales practice is disgraceful, the salespeople add warranty when you don't request it and give you a hard time when you tell them to remove it. The furniture is extremely poor quality, and the customer service is nonexistent. The cheap Chinese made furniture arrived damaged, you have to photograph the damage and fill in an online form, then they ignore you. So you then need to ring and stay on hold for hours at a time trying to find out when someone is going to call you and resolve the issue, the automated response you get from the online damage form is a NO REPLY email so the only thing you can do is call them and wait on hold for hours and hours. We should always learn from your experience, so I am passing on my experience to you so you don't have to waste days of your life like I did. DO NOT SHOP CITY FURNITURE OR ASHLEY'S UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2017

It is 10 pm and I was supposed to be receive my dining table between the hours of 3-6 pm. I checked earlier today. Time had changed to 6:50 pm-7:20. Then I started calling customer service which was no help. At 8:36 after another called to customer service they said 20 mins to delivery. Well it is 9:55 pm and the delivery guys are still not here. I got an automated text that they were doing to get here an hour ago but they got lost. They waited to give me a call for directions, 30 mins after being lost. This has been a stressful day waiting and not getting true answers from customer service. I will never purchase anything from City Furniture again! I have to wake up early for work and now I have to wait for them to assemble the dining set I purchased. Very disappointed I paid this company, should of read reviews.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

This is the first and only time that I will purchase furniture through City Furniture. I purchased a bedroom set, 3 queen mattresses, and 2 twin mattresses from City Furniture in Naples on 10/31. The purchase included free shipping. According to the City Furniture website at that time, their free shipping included pick up of mattresses as part of their Haiti Relief campaign. I asked the salesman to confirm that the mattresses would be picked as part of free shipping. He confirmed that our old mattresses would be picked up when the furniture was delivered. This is the main reason that I purchased through City Furniture.

When the furniture was delivered on 11/2, I was told by the deliverymen and customer service that City Furniture has changed their policy and no longer picks up mattresses. I called the salesman and he was unaware of any changes to the policy. To try and uphold the policy the salesperson started trying to identify a non-profit organization that could pick up the mattresses but no one is able to come today and most will not be able to come for a week. I am now forced to pay a company to remove the mattresses. City Furniture provided absolutely no support. I will never purchase another product through this company and will caution my friends when shopping for furniture.

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

I had a table delivered and it was damaged so had to send in pictures and schedule an appointment to have a new table delivered. The following week I get a missed phone call and message saying to contact City Furniture to confirm delivery for Monday. I also received a text saying to respond Y to confirm delivery for Monday. I did respond Y for yes and received a text message saying I am confirmed for Monday delivery.

On Monday I did not get the delivery so I called and they said I never returned their call to confirm delivery so they were not able to deliver my furniture. However in fact I did get a text confirmation saying I was confirmed. I did contact customer care and was told I never called them to confirm my delivery. When I mentioned I have a text message saying I am confirmed they said that does not mean anything. Only a confirmation on phone will confirm delivery. My question was - WHY DID YOU SEND ME CONFIRMATION CONFIRMING DELIVERY THROUGH TEXT IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THAT AS CONFIRMATION??? Customer service department is very inconsiderate and not understanding at all. Yet they continue to send text confirmations that do not actually confirm delivery even if the text states delivery is confirmed. This must be very confusing to other customers as well.

The next attempt to deliver my table was done by two very incompetent delivery guys. They hit my TV with the table when removing from my apartment. My TV has a big scratch on it now and they did not put my new table together correctly. So I asked them to leave me my original table with the damaged corners until I get a new one delivered that's put together properly. What really upset me further is when I called customer care again to explain what happened and that I even have pictures of my TV scratched by the City Furniture Delivery guys they said the delivery guys denied this and so they don't believe me.

City Furniture is not customer friendly and does not act in very businesslike Manner. I will let all my friends and family know to never order from City Furniture again unless to do something to rectify my situation. They should start by changing their system and not send text asking customers to confirm delivery by responding Y for yes if it does not actually confirm the delivery. I've attached the picture of my TV after they bumped into with table. Very very reckless, and unprofessional delivery and customer service representatives.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

My husband and I bought furniture at the Boca Raton City Furniture 3 years ago and had no problems at all. We went to the Wellington store on July 29th to pick out new bedroom furniture. We found a set we liked and asked about it, the salesperson said that the furniture had been discontinued. I was confused as to why it was still on the floor but she told us that it was being sold "as is". That wasn't marked anywhere that was visible, but we moved on to find something else. We found another set and flagged down another salesperson. This time we were told that the full set wasn't in stock, but we could have the pieces that were available delivered then and wait for the others. Then she said the other pieces would not be available until October 21st! I was surprised how long it would take but we agreed to have everything delivered at once, so as not to have to pay the 120.00 delivery fee twice.

Well now it is October. We have given away our old furniture to people that lost their furniture in the hurricane because we’d have to make room for the new furniture anyway. Moved other furniture around in other rooms so we are ready. My husband called on Monday the 16th to make sure everything was still being delivered on Saturday and the customer service person said, “Of course!” I got a phone call today telling me that 3 pieces of the 5 I ordered have been discontinued but to come in so they could help get furniture that matched as close as possible to what was being delivered!

We said we don't want any of the furniture now because we are so annoyed! The customer service rep could not understand why we were so annoyed! We waited three months, paid for half of the balance, got rid of our old furniture, have family coming to stay in a month and there is no furniture... but no big deal! We will NOT be shopping here again! Find a furniture company that actually has the furniture in stock and doesn't make you wait so long that it becomes discontinued! And has customer service people that can at least pretend to be empathetic!

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I am very disappointed with City Furniture insurance department. They will do anything not to replace your product. I bought a laminated marble table from City Furniture. It looks gorgeous, but after a few months the legs started shaking because the screws were loose. Crack started to appear on the table. I called City Furniture to report the problem. They sent someone to check the table. The person told me that it's a manufacturing defect, and City Furniture should replace it.

I received a call from City Furniture department, and they told me they are not going to replace the table because I supposed to call them sooner. I have a 3 year warrant insurance, and I am still within the warranty. City Furniture insurance is a joke. Don't waste your money on City Furniture insurance because it will not be useful to you when you need it. I am not going to leave this thing like that. I am going to expose them. I will make sure the world know what they are doing to customer is wrong. I am done with City Furniture.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

I am so disappointed with the customer service at City Furniture. When you call the customer services you're on hold for at least 1 hour before you speak to anyone. We had furniture delivered which was ok. One of the pieces of furniture was damaged. And the trouble we had to get it delivered back was absolutely ridiculous. Phone call after phone call having to wait in for hours. The customer service people very very rude.

Still waiting for the one piece of furniture to be delivered. And yesterday we had to go back to the shop and order couple more things, and I have never ever met a most ignorant sale person in my life Olivia **. She was so very rude. Not a smile, not a thank you, very argumentative. Just awful. She needs to go to some kind of customer service class, because people like this should not be working in this kind of job. RUDE. The guy in City called Tito was amazing, helpful, very happy to serve, smiling all the time. I will never shop at Ashley or City Furniture again because of this experience.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

I bought a mattress from City Furniture in Pembroke Pines, FL on 6/29/17 with the extra mattress pad for the 120 day reselection/exchange if we didn't like it. That transaction went smoothly, but the mattress was not comfortable, so on I went back on 7/18/17 and choose another mattress for exchange - paying the difference right then and there plus added 2 other chairs to the delivery order scheduled for Friday 7/21/17.

On 7/21/17 I get the morning call (7:30am) about picking up the old mattress. I question about the delivery of the new mattress and he said it is probably on another truck. They arrive at 8:30 am to take the old mattress and I say "I still haven't heard about the delivery of the new mattress" and he said "someone should call by 9 am." At 9:05 am I call to find out about the new mattress and they say there is a problem with how the sales person processed the return and that the account still showed a balance due. The customer service girl said she had to wait till 10 am when the store opened to clear it up and would call me back around 10:30. At 11:05 am I call back and re-explain everything to another customer service person who says nothing had been done about the issue and she would try to help. She called around trying to sort it out and get it delivered that afternoon.

Finally (after a long time on hold- a disconnect and talking briefly with another customer service person) she said that she was able to pull some string to get it delivered that afternoon between 4-6 pm. So I wait and wait and wait and at 5:30 pm I call and ask when they were coming with my mattress and was told that it never made the truck and it wasn't coming today. I was very upset since now I had nothing to sleep on for the night. Then the customer service supervisor said a manager would call us back first thing Saturday morning and offered to refund our delivery fee ($110) and I thought a discount or $60 or store credit of $120 (though I swore I wanted the cash and I would never shop in their store again). So that night I slept on an air mattress due to City Furniture's incompetence.

Anyways- Saturday 7/22 morning comes and we never get a call from the manager. I call at 10 am to try and sort it out and see if we were at least getting the mattress today. After some more run around and issues they said they could deliver it that evening from 5-7 pm. I inquired about the delivery refund and cash credit and they said I was only eligible for the delivery credit that the cash credit was a lower tier credit and the delivery credit is all we were eligible for- but I still have not seen this refunded to my credit card.

Overall this experience was HORRIBLE. They don't seem to have good coordination and know what they are doing. Due to a series of THEIR mistakes I suffered a horrible night's sleep and had my time wasted (missed a day of work for nothing, spent hours on the phone and waiting, plus my Saturday evening!).

I do not recommend and will never buy anything from them or any Ashley Furniture Affiliate ever again.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I purchased a $2250 sectional sofa online after viewing it in the showroom. Within hours, I was told that 2 sections were back ordered even though it was in stock when I ordered it. Spoke to 5 different people who gave me several different times when the order would eventually be delivered. Each call was more than 1/2 hour wait time. Ended up cancelling this order due to frustration and very poor customer service. It's not like I was ordering a pair of shoes; it's a sofa! They sound so disinterested in helping you, it's a shame. Do not buy your furniture here. You will be disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

The sofa began to fade within the first three months. We bought the extended warranty, so I called. They told me fading wasn't covered. I will never buy another piece of furniture from City Furniture. Their Furniture sucks.

Original review: July 5, 2017

Back on May 2016 I bought a platform bedroom set with a mattress. It is obvious that the salesperson has no idea what she was doing, because she sold me a 16" mattress. I had never bought a platform bed; I didn't know any better. The mattress is extremely high for the bed, which makes it almost impossible to climb the bed and get off. Due to personal problems and business traveling, I called today to get it exchanged, as it has hardly been used. The representative in the warranty department, Ivan, said that he couldn't do anything for me. I requested to speak to a supervisor or manager, and he refused to transfer the call. He said that it was over the warranty time, I just had to talk to him and there was nobody else I could speak to. I told him that was impossible, as he had to have a superior. He said that he wasn't going to give the call to anyone else, as nothing could be done.

Original review: June 25, 2017

City Furniture located at Federal Highway Fort Lauderdale delivered a defective furniture. I have called customer service at least 10 times staying on line for more than 30 minutes each time. They were very difficult to deal with. Nobody wanted to take responsibility. They lied to me that somebody will call me. Now 10 days later I gave up calling them. I have to live with defective furniture. I hope people would shop at other furniture stores but not at City Furniture. There are multiple good stores close by on Federal Highway.

Original review: June 11, 2017

What a 2nd tier company!!! First we were mislead on the initial sale. Salesman made a mistake on what was included in the set. We paid for the "white glove delivery" where the guys took almost 3 hours to put together a loft. They told us they were missing a piece and waited home another day for delivery and then they tell us it wasn't included in the initial sale. Ordered the additional piece and was to be delivered today in a window and no calls and over three hours late now if they come at all. This company is very poorly run.

Original review: May 18, 2017

My first and last time buying from City Furniture the worst experience ever. Horrible service to me the consumer. I have been waiting for the furniture to be deliver since 04/14/17 then on April 28, April 30, and May 17, May 18 and now they promise that the furniture will be deliver on the May 23. Why would they display a merchandise that they can't provide nor deliver to their customers. After I have invested and spend a lot of money in painting, decorating, curtains and light fixture specific to accommodate the purchase furniture. Also poor work ethic from the salesman, avoided my calls/texts and e-mail from the store consumer care department.

Original review: May 2, 2017

Their salespeople somehow manage to screw up our orders all the time. Their warranty is crap. They do not want to replace items that their technicians can't fix. Their finish on the furniture is horrible, it rubs off. When you call for warranty, they say it's water damage and not covered. I have been waiting for two months for replacement parts on my electric recliner. You have to literally threaten to get a lawyer to get them to take back furniture that is defective. They will try to give you a credit or store coupon instead of doing the right thing. All their furniture is subpar, even their Bernhardt collection. Watch their delivery people. They have gouged my walls in my house and cut corners by not using all the parts. Most are rude and don't really care. They just want to hurry up and leave. Take my word. We have spent way too much money in this place for crappy furniture and even worse service. Do not buy from them. I promise you will regret it.

Original review: May 1, 2017

Damaged goods delivered 4 times and very poor delivery service and horrible customer service. I am filing this complaint regarding a purchase have been trying to get fulfilled since Feb 2017. I originally purchased from City Furniture (inv # **). The sofa was delivered damaged. Ms. Jan ** assisted me to have me reselect from Ashley Furniture (inv # **) but she was hard to get ahold of and avoided my email/call. In all instances it has been nothing but a nightmare for me. Their customer service team is not very helpful, and their delivery people are rude. No one cares to help. Ms. ** at Ashley store in Davie promised to credit my account for all delivery charges and apply an overall credit to my purchase (for my inconveniences) upon receipt of my 4th replacement sofa. I finally got a replacement that was not damaged and I have been trying to contact Ms ** so that she can apply my credit and I cannot seem to get her to respond to me.

I have left her numerous messages at the store and sent her emails. Also, I am noticing that City Furniture is still charging me $79.99 for the cleaning fluid from my first invoice # ** that I returned to the Pembroke Pines store to your manager, Osmin, back in Feb. Apparently Osmin never credited my account; and to top it off, now I am being charged a late fee on the $79.99. I am filing this complaint because I don't know what to do anymore or how to get help from City Furniture staff. After reading all the City Furniture/Ashley Furniture bad reviews on social media and BBB and I am surprised that your company is still in business. I just wish I would have done my research before deciding to give your company my hard earned money.

To date, No one has reached out to me or tried to assist. Jan ** from City Furniture called me a couple of weeks ago and acted as if it was the 1st time she hears of my issue. She promised to research and contact me the next day to confirm my credit on my purchase. She did not! I emailed her. She did not respond. I left her messages and she has not responded. How can I get the email for Keith Koenig, the CEO of City Furniture... I'd like to make him aware of how his employees conduct business.

Original review: April 2, 2017

The agent that took care of us in Fort Myers is very good. Rafael ** is very attentive. I recommend it to anyone who buys furniture in Fort Myers City Furniture. Is very good in his work and as a person and in general. My opinion is very satisfactory.

Original review: March 27, 2017

Purchased adjustable beds with high end mattresses 11/16. One month later the massage motors became very noisy, at a point we stopped using them. Had a tech come out in 01/17, he said the massage motors are defective. Motors were put on order under warranty, 2 weeks later I found out they were on back order. 7 weeks later they came in, were installed 2 weeks later, the new motors are noisier than the ones he replaced. Now the manufacturer said they will be sending more motors, and the tech will install again. This has been the most frustrating deal I've ever dealt with. The beds are four months old, still haven't had a chance to really enjoy them. City Furniture told me that they are just the middle man, we have no control how the outcome is resolved. I've requested to just replace the beds, they said they can't do that.

I've have spent numerous hours on the phone with City Furniture, HHC the manufacturer, Fast Furniture, then the final contracted tech. The warranty process at City Furniture is a joke, there is three companies involved. If City Furniture really wanted to resolve this issue, they could by just replacing the beds. They hope you will just get tired of the run around. This will be my 3rd service apt, phone calls, just a big hassle. They have put me through enough, just replace the beds. They had no problems taking my money.

City Furniture Company Information