Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website
  2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Tamarac, FL

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.23/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

City Furniture Reviews

Original review: March 12, 2020

I went and refurnished my entire house with City Furniture. I bought some beautiful pieces for a hefty price tag. I was told everything was in stock except for one piece. I agreed I could wait one month for that piece. A couple of weeks later most of my furniture arrived but I was missing three pieces. No big deal I thought and just continue to check the website of when they would be in stock. About a month later and another piece arrived. Then a week later another piece arrived. Fast forward to months after I originally Place the order and today the last piece arrived. I was so excited to be finished waiting for all of my furniture.

Well when the second piece arrived it looked a little off but seeing as I ordered so much I thought maybe I thought it was different than it actually was. When they brought the “matching” piece today that’s when I realized the second piece was not the correct item. I called in to the customer support line and after about 20 minutes of waiting I was told I would receive a replacement next week for the correct item. With all four deliveries the delivery drivers have been great. The salesperson was also fantastic at showing me quality items within my budget. The only complaint I have is city furniture’s execution With the delivery. As well as the extended wait time to complete delivering all of my furniture. So far the quality of my furniture seems up to par. I do have a small child and everything seems to be holding up well.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2020

I recently purchase an Entertainment Centre, coffee and side table from City Furniture. The Sales Rep (Diane) was very helpful and professional. She offered an alternative to the entertainment centre I wanted, as it was of out stock and provided detailed information about the products, which made me feel comfortable about the purchase. Thanks Diane and City Furniture! The products all look great in my house.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 27, 2019

I purchased a dining set and a leather sectional for my new home. Delivery was on time. I am very happy with the quality and the price. I will be back for my outdoor set. I recommend this company. No complaints.

Original review: May 21, 2020

The worst online shopping experience ever. I ordered a sofa in February 2020. Since then I received 4 different delivery dates with all of them not showing up and rescheduling for the next month. We are now going into June 2020 and I still have yet to receive the sofa. Never again!

Original review: May 14, 2020

I bought a 4 piece furniture set from City Furniture and a came damaged and defective. The furniture fellow for an injured me and the company will not resolve the problem. I also bought a 3 year warranty which actually means nothing. I will never do business with city furniture again. I have to hire an attorney to straighten out my dilemma.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: May 1, 2020

I visited City Furniture of Naples, FL in early February when I was looking for furniture for my first apartment. I fell in love with the Savannah Ivory Mansion bedroom set and inquired about the prices in the collection. My sales rep was knowledgable and gave me a print out of all the pieces I inquired about. I did some research at other places and despite what I read about customer service at City Furniture, I felt confident that this was what I wanted. I returned to City Furniture in mid February to purchase the bedroom set (headboard, dresser w/ mirror and nightstand) and also bought a metal bed frame and hardware for the headboard. I was told that if I paid in full upfront that all of the pieces would be secured and delivered on my move-in date at the end of March.

I also purchased premium delivery as I live on the second floor reaching my total to $1,600. Before securing the purchase, my parents and I asked multiple times to ensure that the headboard I purchased would attach correctly into the metal frame I was advised to purchase. My sales rep assured us that it would work and even called over his supervisor to confirm that it would be fine. My sales rep even gave me his personal cell number to let me contact him if something went wrong with delivery or assembly.

The day before my scheduled delivery at the apartment, I received notification that only my nightstand, dresser and metal frame/ hardware would be delivered. Occupied with other move-in procedures, I did not automatically reach out. The delivery for the pieces went perfectly fine and the delivery people were courteous. I received a follow-up call from my sales rep to which I inquired about the missing pieces and how I was told that if I paid in full all would be delivered. He told me that due to the coronavirus pandemic all the shipments were delayed - which basically told me that they sold "my pieces" (that I paid for already) and they got screwed when shipments were delayed because they couldn't replace my pieces in time for delivery.

In April, my sales rep reached out again to schedule delivery for the headboard and mirror. The delivery people came and attached the mirror to the dresser, no problem. The headboard, however...I was told that the hardware that I purchased would not work for this headboard and to my greatest worry, the bed frame did not line up with the headboard to attach it. Due to policies, they were not allowed to screw into the wood (due to the possibility of the wood splitting) and suggested instead that I have someone else do it and also attach 3 command strips to the back and press it into the wall(?!?!). I paid $350 for this headboard and was appalled at what they were suggesting.

I immediately reached out to my sales rep and he was confused why it didn't work either and had me send him pictures of the problem. After some time, he said he spoke to a superior and they both realized their mistake. If I wanted to keep the headboard (which despite everything, I did, because it was the one piece of the collection that I loved which made me buy it in the first place) I was going to have to purchase the bed rails and accompanying footboard to attach everything in place. It still doesn't make sense to me since they sell the headboard by itself.

The rails and footboard came to another $350 which I really couldn't afford and asked him to see if he could lower the price - he came back and offered $200, plus premium delivery with no charge as long as I gave back the original bed frame and hardware to credit towards the account. I took the deal because at this point my headboard was just resting up against my wall and if I wanted to keep it, it really was the only option.

Fast forward - the delivery/ exchange was scheduled for this past Wednesday. Day before, no notification of my delivery (which was strange because with the past 2 deliveries that's what happened). Wednesday came and went. Nothing. Thursday, I spent over an hour on customer service and opened on the live chat option on the website and still couldn't get a hold of anyone. I jumped on the website to track my order and found a notification that said they were unable to schedule my delivery due to a remaining balance on the account.

The remaining balance is the $66 credit for the bed frame and hardware. I contacted my sales rep again today (5/1) and explained everything. He told me that they were supposed to credit the account and forgot to, so now my delivery is scheduled for Tuesday. I am so frustrated at this point; been waiting countless hours and spent more money than I originally wanted to. I know the world is a mess due to coronavirus now, but I've given them enough grace at this point. I've been appalled at the lack of common sense and customer service. I am just hoping everything works out next week.

Original review: April 24, 2020

I purchased a sofa and chair which did not fit in my living are, so I call the same date. After talking to the sales rep they finally approved the return with a 10% re stocking fee, then I got a sectional with USB charger. Non of them (2) work. I have been calling for the last month. No one has answer. Don't buy from this company. First and last time. They really don't know how to treat customers.

Original review: April 14, 2020

Highly disappointed and appalled at City Furniture’s customer service and product quality control. I ordered a sectional sofa from City Furniture, Inc. on 04/05/2020 for $909.46 (SKU: 9714739). The product was delivered damaged on 04/10/2020, causing me to immediately file a damage report on the company's website. I took photos of the rips, stains, and dirt on the sofa to include in the damage report. A customer service representative contacted me later that day about sending a repair technician to "fix" the sofa (+1 (954) 718-3344). I explained the sofa had clearly been used. The customer representative said the repair technician has to determine if the damage is fixable or replacement is required.

The appointment for the repair tech to come out was made for 04/14/2020 between 9:30am-11:30am. The tech did not contact me within that timeframe so I called the number of the individual who told me the appointment time ("Doris," **). I left a voicemail asking when to expect the repair technician. The person called back and said she called the technician but he did not answer; leading her to believe he was with another customer. At this point, it was an hour after the timeframe the appointment was scheduled for. He arrived nearly two hours after the time frame I was originally told. The repair tech was an independent contractor; he was not an employee of City Furniture. He conveyed how poor the customer service was and that there was zero chance the used sofa would be replaced.

I am disappointed in the company's product control oversight for allowing a used and damaged product to be sold and delivered. The inconsistencies in City Furniture's customer service was quite frankly frustrating. While my damage report was addressed the same day, the repair technician did not show up nor contact me to let me know he was running behind schedule/would not be coming.

Following the repair tech finally arriving, customer service (a woman named Carmen) called me. She insisted the couch was not used and raised her voice to speak over me. I asked for the customer service email so I could email her the photos I took of the dirt caked on the bottom of the sofa, scraped legs, and stains. She then asked me “what amount I would want to be refunded to keep the couch.” Eventually, she told me she could give me a $200 store gift certificate. I declined and she said she would look into ordering a replacement sofa. The lack of concern or haste to resolve this issue shows that City Furniture, Inc. does not value it's customers or have regard for the quality of their products and service. I would save yourself the money, hassle, and frustration; buy your furniture somewhere else.

Original review: March 30, 2020

We went to City Furniture looking for a few items, we found what we wanted and I asked if they had manual recliners, and to my fault, I let the slick salesperson talk me into a mechanical recliner for $499 and a piece of junk. Mind you, transactions are done with a tablet, and rushed through, they have a NO RETURN policy, buyer beware, I got the recliner home, sat in it for about an hour and realized it was uncomfortable (something that can't be done in the store) and had a stiff neck. I reached out to the salesperson but never got a response. We just moved to Florida but will not be shopping at City Furniture, I think their policy is dishonest.

Original review: Feb. 28, 2020

My wife and I fell in love with the Magnolia Home King sized Atley bed frame, so I ordered and paid for it in the middle of December 2019. Shortly thereafter, we received a sequence of phone calls every few weeks from City Furniture's "Customer Service" department (I put that in quotes because it surely is not a true customer service department) stating that our bed frame was on back order for another month. This occurred 4 times, and each time the rep could not give us any valid reason as to why. We understand that products go on back order from time to time, but to happen this many times, with no solution provided from City Furniture, is inexcusable. Instead of providing good customer service, we were told by Julie (Customer Service Manager) that their overseas vendor couldn't guarantee delivery and we could wait (AGAIN) or pick a different bed that they had in stock.

Not only was I rudely spoken over a few times, but there was absolutely no accountability taken by City Furniture. When I asked the rep what they would do in my situation, the phone was complete silence. Simply put, I will never purchase a piece of furniture from City Furniture ever again. They can't be trusted to deliver their products on time, nor will you get treated fairly for dealing with their delays and wrongdoings.

City Furniture Company Information