2. Homeowners

Tamarac, FL

1.2/5 (71 ratings)

About City Furniture

City Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: March 15, 2021

I was shocked how fast the delivery was and it was on time. No problems with the L sectional I purchased! I’m very happy to say the least! I will use City Furniture again in the near future! Great price and perfect delivery!

Original review: March 15, 2021

The sales person that I dealt with (Mr **), was very professional and very helpful. The quality of the leather couches all excellent and the Queen bed that I bought was a good choice. The delivery service schedules are on time and your drivers was very helpful and courteous.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

Great staff. Very attentive when assisting you with shopping. The salespeople are not honest about delivery dates. They give you one date and when you call to follow up they advised you that they needed to change the dates. Problem for people who work and took time off for that date. They do not compensate and the only way you will find out is if you call.

Original review: June 29, 2021

Do yourself a favor DO NOT BUY ANYTHING at City Furniture. I bought a bed and came all broken out of the box. I tried to contact them so many times by phone without any luck until I decided to go to the store. I spoke with the sales associate and he gave me the steps to follow in order to get my bed replaced cause it was clearly damaged. Never solved anything. Last time I was in the store again they were hiding from me. Bottom line I got a broken bed in the middle of my living room and my money deducted from my bank account. Never again.

Original review: June 28, 2021

Was satisfied with the experience except for the delivery charge which was excessive!! Living only two and one half miles from the store at $189.98 for a delivery is OUTRAGEOUS and taking advantage of customer!! DISAPPOINTED!!

Original review: June 25, 2021

I purchased a sectional, King Bed, and King Mattress on June 12, 2021. My experience with the sales guy was fine. He understood what I was looking for and that I needed it immediately. So he looked up like items that were in stock for me choose from. The bed I liked was not in stock but due in a couple of days so I purchased all items, paid cash, and delivery was set for June 22 between 4:30p & 7:30p (I was notified of the window of time the day prior which is standard).

I blocked out my afternoon to be home in time. At 8p on the 22nd, the driver called me and said they would be there shortly. Which was odd because the tracker showed them at stop 10 of 13 which I was stop 13. An hour late, customer care called to tell me that the truck broke down and they had to reschedule delivery. Delivery was set for the 24th (no sense of urgency to get you next day) between 10a & 1p. At 9:30a, the driver called to let me know they would be there shortly. They arrived at 10a to deliver the sectional. They did not have the bed or the mattress nor did they have record of it. I told them the story and they laughed and said "good luck, this happens all of the time and we always have to hear about it. City sucks, even for us".

Upon calling customer care, I was told that because my original delivery was cancelled, the items I purchased were "unreserved" and resold resulting in a back order with a September arrival date. And was told that if I didn't want to wait, I would need to call my salesperson, go back to the store, and order an in-stock item. Funny...I did that the first time.

I called the store the next day to cancel order and get refund, preferably in cash as that is how I paid. The salesperson chuckled and said they don't do that and would process a check. I asked to speak to a manager and he said someone would call me first thing in the morning, which I knew would not happen. Next day at 1p I call the store to ask for a manager (nope - never received a callback), with only having the sales associate ask me what for... I explained and she chuckled, and said that will never happen and that it should have been explained to me upon purchasing. I still asked to speak to a manager which she replied with, "Okay, but you will get nowhere". She was correct.. I settled for the refund via check which will take approximately 10 days.

None of that is the point here. The main thing is that I never received an apology, everyone I encountered with the exception of the original salesperson acknowledged that these things happen all of the time, and the team seems to be immune to the complaints. Even the 825 complaints on the BBB site are all canned responses. Bottom line, buyer beware.... not of the product, but of the extremely poor service, lack of care or respect, and unavoidable hassles... By the way... This was the second time I've purchased from this place and received the same delivery and service issues. Only difference is that I received everything I ordered in one delivery that time. I learned my lesson now... Order via PRIME!!!! :)

Original review: June 18, 2021

Bought a recliner in April 2021. Until now I can't receive the product. After pass to the store they resolve to change the product. They confirm to delivery today until 1 pm. Unfortunately until now nothing. Try to call the store and I am hold for more than 35 minutes. What was happens with this store. I am very sad.

Original review: April 26, 2021

City Furniture does not stand behind its products. They sell you defective furniture with “fake” insurance. When my sofas started to peel and the leather began to discolor we immediately called them and they sent out a man with some paint and a blow dryer. The problem was not resolved and then COVID-19 happened so they weren’t able to send anyone to our home. We were patient and understood. Now, they are saying that it is past the warranty period and will not fix or replace my sofa. I do not recommend City Furniture to my worst enemy. Stay far away from this store.

Original review: April 13, 2021

In an effort to finally obtain a resolution, I decided to let the CF technicians deliver the bed rails and set up the bed with the mattress stand and adjust the legs on the mattress stand. I was assured in the last two responses by CF in my BBB claim that the mattress stand Is compatible with the bed stand if the legs were adjusted... Well, as I previously stated, the CF technicians again said the mattress stand IS NOT compatible with the bed...

I was in contact with the CF corporate support line shortly thereafter, at which point I was told that I can choose another bedroom set, BUY THE COMPATIBLE MATTRESS STAND or return the bedroom set for a refund but I was not allowed to return the mattress and mattress stand that I purchased as a set with the bedroom set... This is fraud on a few different accounts! The only resolution for me at this point is to give me the compatible mattress stand for the bedroom set that you sold me or give me a full refund for all of the pieces I purchased!

Original review: April 9, 2021

I ordered a sleeper sofa on 3/29/21 that was in stock according to my Sales Associate and would be delivered April 6, 2021. The Associate called later in the day to confirm the April 6 date and I received an email with that date. I was contacted a day or two later by the Associate who said the delivery needed to be moved to the following day, April 7. She also stated that the mattress wouldn't be available until April 11 when it would be delivered and installed. I expressed my disappointment at hearing this. I told the Sales Associate that I would be away from home in the afternoon of April 7, leaving my husband to accept delivery. She said that is not a problem and I would be contacted shortly before delivery. I received an email asking for confirmation of the date and time.

I clicked "Confirm" and sent the email. I also received a text to that effect to which I responded "OK". While I was in a meeting April 7 afternoon, the delivery driver called me and the message went to my voicemail. By the time I picked up the message 45 minutes had passed. When I returned the call I received a response saying the voice mailbox hadn't been set up so no message could be left. The furniture was never delivered and was noted as "cancelled" because no one was home. I assume the driver or his supervisor made this determination. My husband was home all day and evening. No one knocked on the door despite my having indicated twice that the date and time were fine.

My two attempts to reach the sales associate for help were unsuccessful and only voicemails could be left. She never returned my calls. I then spent 30 minutes on hold, waiting for a customer care representative to help me. After relating the problem to this individual, I found myself arguing with him over the fact that his records showed that I had cancelled the order. Despite telling him that the company cancelled the order and that my husband was there to accept the order, it fell on deaf ears. Between the lies I had been told about the actual availability of the sofa, the frustration over the driver's call, the lack of courtesy of the customer care rep, I reached a point where I told him finally to cancel the order.

I had no confidence that the sofa, in its entirety, would be delivered completely or on the date I would be told. He then told me I would be charged a $99 restocking fee because I had cancelled the order. Being furious at this point, I asked to speak to his supervisor. After another 5 minutes on hold, I finally was helped by "Shanique", (no last name provided), who said she worked at Corporate in Fort Lauderdale. After I related my disappointment with the lack of customer service, professionalism and courtesy, she asked if I might choose another sofa. Speaking with Shanique was a total change. She made every effort to rectify the "damage" from the prior conversation. In a very calm, courteous way, she listened to me without interruption.

She offered the option of choosing another sofa that might be in stock however I did not plan to visit another City Furniture showroom. I told her that I would not accept a $99 restocking fee and would tell my Facebook friends about my experience as well as the Florida Dept. of Consumer Services. The only good thing about my experience was being helped by Shanique who waived the fee. She could teach the City Furniture people, with whom I dealt, lessons in courtesy, honesty and professionalism.

Original review: April 6, 2021

Three pieces of the furniture I have needed repair in November. One of the chairs the leather is so badly worn they have to replace it. Twice they were scheduled and twice no call no show. The other chair the motor is broken, City claims they ordered in November but still have no motor in the chair. The third is a hinge on a console. These were all looked at in November and now April with nothing happening. Note I paid for the extended warranty on the products to not have this issue. City does not stand behind their products.

Original review: April 4, 2021

The leather dining room chairs are splitting at the seams. They are just two years old and 3 out of 6 are splitting the same way. I called and they said since I didn’t purchase the extended warranty they could not help me. Don’t buy their garbage furniture.

Original review: March 31, 2021

I want to share with you the experience I went through when ordering my Office Equipment back in February of this year. I was to receive the rest of my office furniture yesterday between the hours of 12:00pm and 3:00pm (Both stated in text and email). At 9:57am, I received a call from the driver - stating he's 15 minutes away. I said I unfortunately will not be there until 12:00pm. He said, "Are you sure, we are close." I said, "I'm at work. I will be there by noon." He said ok.

At 10:12am I received a call from the other driver on a different number - stating they were really close and we should take this now. I said I could not because I was not at home. He said, "Well I have to go over the bridge so we won't be there by 12:00pm." I said, "I don't mind what time it is as long as it is past 12:00pm." He said, "Fine," and hung up the phone. At 10:14am sensing there would be an issue with getting my furniture I called Customer Care. I received a call back from them at 10:25am from a gentleman stating he would reach out to the driver, he placed me on hold, came back said, "I couldn't get a hold of them, but would keep trying and let you know." I said ok.

At 1:42pm received a call from Stephanie from Customer Care - Stated they received a message from the driver that my furniture had scratches on it and would need to deliver it some other day. I told Stephanie, that sounds awfully fishy to me given the fact they are not at my house, I would assume these are in boxes, how did they know this prior to getting here and went on to tell her the story of what I have dealt with in the morning. She said she did not know of the story. And I asked that they still bring it by because I needed the desk, and that we can change it out later the following week if that works. Stephanie said, "Absolutely," and went to contact the driver of this (Though she never called me back letting me know.)

At 2:45pm - I realize I am not getting my furniture because Customer care would not pick up and the drivers were not answering. I placed my phone number in queue hoping to get a call back. At 4:45pm - received a call from Ambria, told her the entire story above. She called both numbers I had and informed me that the drivers were done for the day, and if I would like to speak to a manager. I said yes.

At 5:34pm - The manager finally gets on the phone to talk to me, and I went on to explain the entire story above. His name was Ivan, and he could not be any less empathetic or sorry for the issue if he tried. He offered me a few options, option one, I can drive 3 hours to pick up the furniture in the city of Tamarac, option two, Go to the store to find something else, option three, Ask for a refund, or option four get my items on Saturday. I was furious at this point, I said, "No one is held accountable for this, I had to take off early from work to accept a delivery and you did not hold up your end of the bargain."

I said, "Going to Tamarac is insulting to me and the fact you said it was arrogant beyond purpose, I can't get new furniture, it would take more time to come in and even more time to hope it would be delivered. Option Four is the same issue, how do I know you will bring in Saturday, or ruin it, or both." Ivan offered nothing in the way of help. Could he have offered 5% off my furniture, $200 off for inconvenience, take of the installation charge? NOTHING. They screwed me over, I spent the entire day on the phone with them, and I knew they were going to do this before 10:30 that morning. I have spent $10,000 with this company and I promise you after this experience, I will never be doing business with City Furniture EVER AGAIN!

City Furniture Company Information