3.44/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Tamarac, FL

Looking for a good furniture store?

304 City Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: Feb. 5, 2019

I purchased a writing desk from The Villages Spanish Springs store. They did not have the desk in the store so I had to buy it from my picture and description on the Internet. They delivered the desk today along with other items. The driver initially set the desk in the wrong room. As they were leaving I said, "Where is the desk," and found that he had put it in the wrong room. I asked him to move it in the right room. He was in a hurry. I looked at the desk. I said, "This was not as described on the Internet." I asked him about the finish on it. He claimed it was that way due to the type of finished. He said, "If you decide you don’t want to call the store and they will pick it up." He walked out the door. Got in the truck and starting driving away. I’ll tried to call him to stop him and have him to take the desk but he did not answer my call.

I called customer service and held 20 + minutes. They called me back later. Bottom line the desk is mine. Take it or leave it. These customer service people read from a script. They don’t care. I called the local store manager. She said I would have to go thru customer service. That she doesn’t have the authority to help me either. They have just lost a customer and they don’t care. This is a big box store that only sees black and white. They don’t care about the customer and they hide behind all their policies. Shop somewhere else is all I can say.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2019

I decided to go to City Furniture to buy a sectional that I seen in the ads. I went to the store and liked what I saw. The salesman guaranteed a lot of promises that wasn't close to the truth. I bought a leather sectional that cost a lot of money. After only 5 months I noticed spots that look like it was fading. Like some discoloration or something. I got a warranty on the furniture so I called and email with pictures of the problems to City Furniture about the issue. They sent someone out and insisted that the chair started changing colors because of the Heat. That is the most ridiculous thing I've heard especially when you live in Florida. They refused to take back the chair to give me another one. Only 5 months and chair is fading as if they sprayed the chair and sold it. I've had leather chairs in my house and never have I seen this issue before.

My sister brought the exact sectional as mine's from a different company and yet hers is still in great shape. She also lives in Florida. I've fought with these people for months and they refused to do anything. They had the nerves to offer me a discount on next item purchased. I will never ever purchase or recommend City Furniture to anyone. They are greedy disgusting people and I really hope they go out of business. Looking at others reviews, it says a lot about this company. I wish I read the reviews before buying anything from them. I'm so disgusted and upset that every time I walk in my back room and see the furniture I get upset. It looks like I had this piece of furniture for over 30 years. Shame on you City Furniture!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

Salespeople are completely useless when it comes to follow-up (both sales, customer satisfaction & warranty issues or problems...they're of absolutely no assistance). Their delivery driver's rush into & out of your house, barely giving you time to take a breath, much less actually direct them where to place and inspect the items they've delivered.

NUMEROUS trucks show up, with NO PRIOR NOTIFICATION, without pieces that you've ordered and/or with pieces that are damaged (clearly weren't carefully inspected before they left the warehouse and/or damaged during the drive), only to have to wait weeks more for re delivery OR numerous times I've waited weeks only to be told item was suddenly 'discontinued' (something they could have told me weeks prior or anytime thereafter). Salespeople are commissioned but numerous times I've lingered around for 20 - 30 minutes while numerous salespeople walked past me & never uttered a word. Finally, NO ONE ever answers their customer service email. OVERALL: Terrible sales practices, customer service & marginal furniture quality.

Original review: Jan. 22, 2019

I referred my daughter & son-in-law, Darlene & Michael **, to City Furniture, as we had wonderful service 16 yrs. ago. We ordered a house full of their merchandise... Two trucks were sent at the same time. Everything was unwrapped & placed where we wanted it. We couldn't have been more pleased! Darlene & Mike ordered from them for their new Home. They were delivered a sectional sofa w/ 1 wrong piece...redelivery was the same! They both have already missed 2 days of work to accept ridiculously wrong deliveries! The loss of pay & wasted time to them both is unthinkable! I would never recommend this Company to anyone again, nor would I ever order from them again! They have certainly gone downhill from the Company we so loved & trusted!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Bought Kevin Charles brand believing it stand for quality, but I was wrong. City Furniture unable to provide replacement parts for the poor workmanship hardware. Although they still selling these products, no replacement parts are available (unbelievable!). Spent over 4K in a bedroom set, now the handles of nightstands are breaking like if they are made of plastic. Total number of handles in bedroom set is approximately 15-18. Customer service rep acknowledge that they know about the issue but they are no have any replacement parts. I was told to find hardware someplace else. Last time I buy from City Furniture.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 1, 2019

Purchased 6 pieces of furniture and every piece had a problem. Was told complete order was in stock they weren’t. TV stand damaged had to be replaced. Delivered headboard with no brackets. Had to wait until they ordered them and when they arrived they were installed incorrectly requiring new brackets rendering bed unusable for weeks. Screws were stripped and left partially installed. Dresser drawer required repair service call. Nightstand drawer required service assessment with a $50.00 transportation fee in cash to determine what to do. Customer service apologized profusely but City takes no responsibility for poor quality or inconvenience. Absolute awful experience from the salesman who disappeared as soon as there was a problem to the warranty department who kept reading the well scripted company mantra.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

Purchased a sectional couch in November. It was scheduled to be delivered right away. Good thing I called the day before delivery to confirm delivery and was told only part of the couch was ready to be delivered. I told them, "Do not bring part of a couch. Do not deliver until you have the whole thing." Spoke to my sales rep and also store Manager who guaranteed me delivery by end of December and said all pieces would be in. The day before delivery was told by three different employees that all pieces were in and would be delivered and that if anything was missing when the truck was loaded the drivers would let us know.

The drivers came, brought all pieces inside, set up, and at the last minute said, "Oh one piece is missing. It is a reclining end piece." The sofa looks horrible and it is two days from Christmas and I have 15 people coming for Christmas. One of the drivers even said he noticed the piece missing when they loaded the truck but no one called. They told me to call the manager and he would take care of us. I called and they now say they cannot get the end piece until the end of January. I cannot trust them at all. Also one of the big pieces they did deliver the back is broken. We are now waiting for them to pick up the whole thing and give us credit back. We will never deal with City Furniture again worst experience ever.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2018

I am really disappointed. I received my dining room without the tools and screws to assemble the table. I called customer service, and they are going to send me the screws until January 15. It means I don't have my dining room for 1 month. I have a big unarmed table on the floor, and I don't have a table to eat for Christmas dinner and New Year. This is incredible, I am very upset with this company. DON'T PURCHASE IN CITY FURNITURE.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2018

Worst business I have ever dealt with. Stay away!!! Their delivery men assembled the cabinet I bought incorrectly and damaged it. In addition, they did not hand me any of the paperwork for the furniture upon delivery. They simply stated that they threw it away. Now, they refuse to take it back and are forcing me to have it repaired. Not taking responsibility and acting with absolutely no dignity and scruples.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2018

We purchased a new dining room table and chairs after already buying bedroom and living room furniture. Each purchase had a problem, however, the table has been ongoing for 2 months! It was delivered without the feet on bottom of table. The table is too low to sit at and use. They promised to get us those feet 2 months ago. It has gotten to the point where a new table to replace this was to be delivered yesterday. The delivery people showed up with a new leaf for this useless table! This is now totally unacceptable.

I want to know how much money one needs to spend here to get them to stop screwing you! Stay away from this company. Once they get your money, they don't care about you anymore. Also, remember, they have a "no return" policy. Inspect your delivery carefully before the delivery truck leaves. If something is wrong, don't accept the delivery, put it back on the truck. Once they leave and you find something wrong, it's "Screw you!" Stay away from City Furniture!

Original review: Nov. 30, 2018

I saw the truck arrive at the Condo’s checkpoint and give the customer information when they were removing the sofa from the truck. They damaged one leg to the sofa therefore they went to return the sofa. I received a message that they would make the delivery in two more days. Finally the day of delivery arrived but they never arrived because they say they did not have the correct address. How can they say that if they had been two days before in the condominium. I called the customer service department and the representative tells me that the new date available for delivery will be in 6 days. For me they are very irresponsible and it is a lack of respect to the client because I paid $59.99 for delivery.

Resolution response: Nov. 19, 2018

City Furniture came through regarding to resolve the situation.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Purchased sleeper I. January 2018, delivered only in May 2018. June 2018, my 2 grandchildren visited and first time using sleeper, very difficult to open and then we saw that frame is totally not straight. Called customer care and warranty dept., sent a tech person? (Regular repair guy) he told them it could be repaired by replacing piece. Totally disagree, it’s putting a band-aid on a cut, asked them what the warranty is on piece and all I kept hearing that it’s manufacturer warranty of 1 year from date of purchase... it’s going to take 6 - 8 weeks to get part, which should bring us to January... 1 year that I purchased sofa... where is the warranty on the piece???

Now what happens if 2 adults go sleep on this patched up job and someone gets seriously hurt? Are they responsible? Seems like City Furniture is anxious to help you when you are buying but if something is not right afterwards, they don’t care. I dropped thousands at store to furnish my whole house, I expect City Furniture to exchange the item because it is manufacturer’s fault. I was really impressed with the choice of furniture, but it’s the CUSTOMER SERVICE which counts above ALL. Will not see me in store anymore to make any purchases. People, go spend your hard earned money elsewhere. Ft Myers is full of furniture stores! I expected nothing but best service and in my case, an exchange!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

I purchased a sectional sofa back in 2016 (our second one from this store and our last). We did not want the extended warranty but the saleswoman talked us into it. We told her at the time that we had 3 dogs and she said it would not be an issue and that all damages are fixed or replaced. Well now we are in 2018 and the stitching is coming loose so we place a call, the guy came out and said he would inform the store of the situation. I just called to get an update and was told that our claim was rejected since the damage came from our end and not the manufacturers. So long story short they sold us a warranty knowing that when we were to place a claim it would be rejected. I asked for a refund of the warranty $ and was told we could only get $13.00 back. I will not use them again, salespeople are frauds talking customers into warranties that they know will not be covered.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

Had terrible experience this time around after making several large purchases in Boca Raton store. One item, TV console, was on a back order and was supposed to be scheduled for delivery at a later date than the rest of the items. When first delivery came in they did not have all the chairs, so the rep called me and scheduled another delivery for the remaining chairs. Turned out their system does not allow for several deliveries scheduled at the same time so the TV console that came in and was reserved for me got "unreserved" and went to another customer. It has been rescheduled several times, now almost two months after the purchase I still do not have the TV console.

Sales representative just disappeared on me, never called back. Customer support center employees are dishonest, changing the story constantly, saying we did call you, we informed you of the delay, etc, when nobody did. I had to take time off from work 3 times! To be home waiting for the deliveries that never came. Very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

The overall experience with City Furniture was horrible. From the rushed salesperson pushing me out the door. Delivery was scheduled and did not receive the item on the scheduled day. Customer service is another issue. They didn’t solve my issues nor did they care. I will NEVER shop City Furniture again! Poor poor experience.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

We purchased a bed/mattress set from them in August and just got it delivered finally now (mid-November), after many attempts, because they had sold our rails to another customer. The delivery men took our bed outside immediately, and that's an important detail - because once they do that, there's no going back. The mattress we bought was nearly $3,000; the bed itself was much less, on sale. They've been trying to get us to cancel the bed and just put the mattress on a frame and be done with it. Well, lo and behold, delivery day comes and IT IS THE WRONG BED. But since my bed had already left the house, I had two options: Take the new mattress and get a $75 credit (not kidding), or they would just leave my bed outside and not even haul away. So in the end, they got what they wanted - a sucker of a customer buying an overpriced mattress, with no bed. Do not do business with these people. Ever.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

On 11/6/18 a tv stand I bought from City Furniture in Tamarac, FL was delivered to my house. The ended up being too small so I called customer service to see if I could exchange it for the same tv stand but the longer one. I told the representative that I did not have a problem returning the item and paying the additional cost of the longer but was told that I could not return the item and had to keep it. What reputable company does that to their customers? Also, I was charged for “Premium Delivery” and was never told about their free delivery option at purchase. After about 3 hours on the telephone with customer service trying to get them to let me exchange the tv stand I was told that I could reselect but would have to pay a 15% restocking fee and another delivery fee to have the reselected tv stand delivered and the other stand picked up.

I told them that I could just bring back to the store that I bought it from but was told no I could not and they have to pick up the item and deliver the new one. Once I agreed to their terms to reselect however, I was then told that I would have to go back to their showroom and reselect the item I wanted and would be given a credit towards the purchase of the reselected tv stand. This was an inconvenience to me to say the least and when I asked the customer service rep if she could just put in the order for the new tv stand over the telephone and set delivery she said no I would have to go into the showroom. Mind you now it was the same tv stand but longer (68”). Therefore I went to the showroom to reselect and was told by the sales rep that the item I wanted was discontinued. This came to a surprise to me because the salesman I originally bought the smaller tv stand from never told me there was only one size available.

As matter of fact, the tv was advertised on their showroom being available in three different sizes 48”, 58”, and 68”. I unfortunately had to reselect the floor model which was the only 68” available but was told by the salesperson that I would have to bring the smaller tv stand back to the showroom before they could put in the purchase order for the reselected floor model tv stand. Now I was really pissed off because before I went to the showroom to reselect; I was told by customer service that I could not take the tv stand back to the store and that it had to be picked up and the new one delivered. Long story short, I had to go home, pick up the item and return it only to have to wait another 4 hours to purchase the reselected tv stand. Note to anyone looking to buy furniture from City Furniture: DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! They are the worst!! Bad sales experience and terrible customer service experience!

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

We decided to buy a recliner sofa at City Furniture. When they delivered the sofa for the first time, I noticed it was defective and there was a scratch mark in one of the pillows. I was very reluctant in accepting the delivery but the driver immediately placed a call to the customer service and told us it would be ok to sign the delivery paper and all we needed to do was to give them a call and place a claim that they would exchange or refund it. First time, we talked to customer service and we explained the situation about the sofa being defective and needed to be exchanged. Well, after first time we go through the second time and the sofa comes again defective and with a small hole in the leather fabric. Now, when we call customer service we surprisingly find out that they have a NO RETURN POLICY and once you accept the first delivery, they can only exchange or give you a store credit.

So, we decided to try one more time and have a new sofa delivered for the 3rd time! Well, it came with same problems and now we decided to request a store credit because we were unwilling to accept a defective product. Someone from customer service (after they make you wait for more than 30 min, like your time is worth nothing!) tells us that unfortunately in order for them to pick up the defective sofa we have to select something in the store within the next 3 days so the moment they come to pick up their defective product they can deliver something they forced you to buy so you don't lose your money altogether. Is this what you call a store credit?

And by the way, do not try to call what they refer to as a corporate office because they won't talk to you and you will be forced to go back and talk to those $10 hr representatives that cannot resolve and has no authority over anything. This is a scam, bait and switch advertisement and misleading. THE QUALITY IS NOT THERE, WHAT YOU SEE IN THE STORE IS NOT WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET AT DELIVERY!! REMEMBER THERE IS NO REFUND, NO STORE CREDIT AND THE EXCHANGE IS FOR THE SAME DEFECTIVE PRODUCT. Bottom line, they force you to keep a defective product. Scam, scam, scam!!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2018

Good evening Mr. Koenig, I have contacted various representatives of your company from Customer Service to the Executive Office—only to be transferred due to their “not speaking to customers”. Sir, with all due respect, it unbelievable that ANY reputable company in the USA would conduct their business in such a deplorable matter.

As I previously wrote to others, the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act (federal lemon law) applies to furniture as well as other things. Both the Toletta power sofa and the loveseat have been exchanged over and over again due to their defectiveness, which means that you have come to deliver merchandise three times; yet, you have provided me with defective merchandise each of the three times. Therefore, I simply just want my money back. I want to cancel this purchase but am not being allowed to; and, therefore, based on how you have cornered me despite my being the customer and the an ill-treatment received thus far via being forced to make another purchase from your selection, since there are only more expensive ones available that fit my criteria, then said selection should be given to me at an equal price of what I have already purchased.

You refuse to return my money, yet all the merchandise from the one I originally selected is defective. As a result, not only have you taken my money for defective merchandise, but now refuse to refund me nor provide me with adequate replacements. Therefore, abide by fair, just, decent, moral—ETHICAL business practices and either refund my money or provide me with a substitute for the same price rather than expect me to pay a higher cost for what has not been my [the customer’s] fault! Anything less is utterly unacceptable and unethical, to say the least!

Original review: Oct. 13, 2018

I bought a living room set from them. The first time the love seat came ripped, they took it back. The second time the frame was bent. I get one day off a week and waited two weeks in a row. So now they want me to wait a third time. I told them to take the whole set back, which they refused. After waiting for an hour to speak to a manager in the meantime they offered to come fix a brand new piece of furniture. Lol. I said no, I paid for new. So the manager gets on and all that they can offer me is a lousy 75.00 to wait around a third week in a row. The 75.00 is to be used in their store. Lol.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2018

Every one-star review you are reading before ours an exact replica of our experience with City Furniture. They are lying about everything, which includes, product quality, shipping, delivery and about their warranty. WE purchased from them almost $10,000 worth of furniture; living room's full set master bedroom, office desk. Every piece came damaged. But the worst is the issue with an expansive king mattress. I needed an extremely firm one for my back. I tested and retested a specific one at the showroom in Tamarac and knew exactly what we purchased. The mattress came in as though it was a return/used or defective. It did not seem new and is not the firm one I purchased.

They claim that if one purchases the mattress special cover ($ 299.99) they will cover any dissatisfaction to 120 days. In addition they talked us into purchase a 3 year warranty ($ 333.98). Numerous calls to customer service, which is a nightmare to reach (they never call back), they ask us to pay $ 129.00 plus shipping to exchange THEIR defective mattress. The audacity to ask the customer to pay for their fraudulent sales practices.

In addition, even the LR leather sofa, chair & Ottoman immediately show bad quality. The leather started immediately to wrinkle and it took 3 times to replace an office desk, that still did not arrive without some damage. We implore anyone that had/has our experience to file a complaint (as we did) with the State of FL Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services in Tallahassee. We should not let such a company continue to do business by cheating their customers and getting away with it and having a customer service department that makes a mockery out of consumers! We are still trying to solve our problem with them and we went there again in person to speak with their manager (5 hrs. drive), but it seems that their attitude is "WE DON'T CARE, WE GOT YOUR MONEY AND THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS".

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

After searching for several days for a loveseat that would fit into our home and our decor I decided to go back to City Furniture to purchase the EH Brentwood loveseat. This was on August 18th 2018. When the loveseat was delivered the construction on it was horrible. It looked like my eight-year-old granddaughter had put it together. I complained immediately and they scheduled to bring out another one to replace it a couple of weeks later. I told them because it was so poorly made that I was a little bit worried about this particular manufacturer and to please look over the piece before bringing it to me.

On delivery day, the guys brought it inside completely packaged and I watch them unpackage it. It definitely had a better look to it than the one they were replacing but it had a big gash up in the right left arm. So they took that one back with them. I know the return policy because I signed it but it doesn't say that if the construction is very poor that you can't get your money back. I told them I have no faith in this manufacturer because the stitched tufts in the cushions were coming loose already and nobody had sat on them.

They told me I could not have my money back, I needed to buy something else even though I don't need anything else from that store. So now I'm stuck with this piece and I think it's terrible the way they treat customers. I am a multi store owner in South Florida and I would never ever treat a customer this way. Make sure if you're going to shop at City Furniture or any furniture store, what their quality is like and their policies. I will never shop there again and am happy to warn people to stay away. Bottom line: inferior product and they don't care.

Original review: Oct. 2, 2018

My husband and I ordered 2 beds and a couch for the new place we were moving into and our sales guy Wilmor ** in Miami was great in getting us what we wanted. Delivery was scheduled for September 30, 2018 the day after we moved into our new place. The 30th comes and we are given a time start of 2 to 5 PM. The driver calls at 1:50 and I missed the call. I understand that I have 30 minutes to get to the destination from the time that I received a call. Within that timeframe I repeatedly called the driver and he does not answer his phone. As soon as the allotted time frame is up and I’ve called the driver five or six times back to back I receive a call from the distribution center in Sawgrass stating that my item cannot be delivered and the driver waited the allotted time frame.

I am 32 weeks pregnant to which I explained on the phone to see if they may accommodate me and make me the last stop of the day. The young lady puts me on hold for 30 seconds and acts as if she contacted the driver who said their next stop is 20 minutes away and they have one more stop for the day so they will not be able to come back to me. How do they know how long the other stops will take or if the other customers will be there to receive their delivery? I then request to speak to a supervisor, this time she placed me on hold for three minutes and comes back on the line to tell me unfortunately the supervisor cannot do anything and that I’ll just have to reschedule for Tuesday.

Again I explained to the young lady that I’m pregnant and I cannot sleep on the floor and she just continued to state that unfortunately there was nothing they could do and unfortunately nobody could come on the line to talk to me and unfortunately the driver couldn’t do anything to help me either and Tuesday was my only option. She then tells me that the same supervisor who couldn’t help me over the phone will contact me about rescheduling and that I may be subject to $100 cancellation fee. We purchased all of this furniture no financing and the only thing that you can do is threaten me with $100 cancellation fee.

So I set the delivery for Tuesday but something told me to call back and got on the line was so helpful in allowing me to come pick up my merchandise but I feel like I should be refunded for my delivery because not in any way, shape or form did they try to accommodate me and I was going to be at my location within the time frame allotted had the driver answer the phone. Needless to say, I won’t be doing business with them anytime soon if this is the way that they treat customers.

Original review: Sept. 28, 2018

I have never written a complaint on a service but due to the many times I have called City Furniture in Tamarac to speak to the Sales Representative and the numerous emails which the Customer Service Representatives said they have sent and I have YET to receive a response, I decided to write this email. After many online searches for bedroom sets, on August 14, 2018, I decided to visit the City Furniture Store in Tamarac, FL. Mr. Robert ** was the Sales Representative who assisted with the purchase of my bedroom set. I clearly informed Mr. ** that due to personal preference, I wanted a bed frame which did NOT need a box spring and that I was interested in the above mentioned bedroom set which I had seen online but needed to make sure about the box spring, therefore, Mr. ** stated he verified the bedroom set in his system and it said it did not require a box spring.

Obviously, I was happy and took his word and purchased the bedroom set; the delivery was scheduled for September 1, 2018 without the media chest which was in back order and it would be delivered on a different date. However, a few days before my delivery, I received a call stating that my delivery would be changed to September 20, 2018 as another item from my set was on back order.

Notwithstanding, due to my delivery date being changed, I had my adult nephew stay in my home that day to wait for the delivery. The delivery guy informed my nephew that I needed a box spring which I was upset to hear when I received the call from my nephew. Furthermore, when I get home from work, I realize they did not deliver the mirror, therefore, I called customer service and they informed that they had a note in their system which stated “customer refused to receive mirror” which is NOT true and to make matters worse, they said I do not need a box spring but the wood may break; who sells a bedroom set without a box spring knowingly that it would break the wood? Not to mention, when I received the bedroom set, it had scratches. At this time, I would like for someone to call me back and assist me as soon as possible as my bed can break without a box spring and I have YET to receive my mirror. Very upset client.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2018

I went in to City Furniture on 9/21/18 to purchase an adjustable bed for my mother. The sales lady Keonna ** took our order for a bed that adjusts both legs and head. However, when they delivered the base on 9/25/ only the head would move. I have talked to 3 managers at City so far. They have all admitted that the order was for an adjustable double head and foot base, but the wrong one was delivered. Now the last manager that I spoke to is demanding $100 to bring the correct base out. City Furniture made a mistake and want the customer to bear the cost. Do not shop at this store. The customer service is the worst. I will be contacting their corporate office to see if I can get this problem resolved.

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I purchased a bedroom set from the showroom on September 8. We received PART of our delivery on Thursday Sept 13th. Unbeknownst to us, 2 of our items were on back order and we were not informed of such upon purchase. One of the back ordered items was the headboard for our bed, why deliver any of the bed without the headboard?! I called customer service to inquire what happened and was greeted by attitude. I asked to speak to a supervisor and when the "escalation specialist" answered she was equally rude, if not more so that the first person. I was offered no apologies and not an ounce of remorse. I have worked in the customer service industry for over 10 years and I have NEVER been so disappointed with my treatment at any company. I understand that things happen and mistakes get made, but I do not appreciate being devalued and unheard as an unsatisfied customer.

The final parts of my order were delivered this afternoon, with more headache and dissatisfaction. I was provided a 3 hour window, I received a call from the driver within that time frame advising that they would be arriving in 10 minutes. I informed the driver that I was at work and it would take me about 30 minutes to get home. I was expecting a 30 minute courtesy call as promised. The driver advised they couldn't wait and would come back between 12-3. I told them again I was at work and would need the 30 minute notice. They called back this afternoon when they were 15 minutes from my address, again not 30 minutes. I left work and raced home. Between leaving work and reaching my home (34 minutes) I received 2 additional calls from the driver saying that they could not wait and had other deliveries. If they had provided the 30 minute window this would NOT have happened. I will not be shopping here again!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2018

I bought a full size bed with a twin size trundle and 2 mattress. After 3 attempts of the trundle delivery, I had to go to the store to find out what was going on, since customer service never replied or followed up. I was then notified that a trundle does not exist for the bed bought. I tried to see other beds to exchange but none suited my needs or taste, since there are only a few options. Now I am trying to have the bed picked up and they only put times I am at work, when I have advised the time frame. I cannot leave work anymore, for the 4th time, to deal with CITY FURNITURE. I do not recommend them. If you ever need something resolved, it will NOT happen.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I look online and complaint after complaint- I definitely should've studied that before I chose to work with the City Furniture in Tamarac. Not only are the employees incompetent, the managers are worse. Lie after lie. On August 4, I came in to exchange couches through my warranty, and our sales agent submitted everything. Later finding out, that nothing had been submitted but I have papers signed & proving it? I'm really sick and tired of the calls and emails.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Last weekend we bought a sleeper sofa and sleeper chair and paid for "premium delivery." The delivery came (after a protracted fight over promised time and actual delivery time) but the sleeper chair was clearly used with an unsealed mattress. I paid for a NEW sleeper chair and a NEW mattress. The driver tried to force us to accept it and make a repair claim. We refused and demanded re delivery of a NEW sleeper chair. Same was promised for today. Today they came and brought back the same exact sleeper chair with the same unsealed mattress. Customer service offered NO APOLOGY and instead offered me a $50 gift card for City Furniture - as if I would buy from them again. Still no word on when I get my NEW chair. Be very wary of this company. "Premium" delivery is a pure lie.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2018

Do not buy furniture from this company. They do not treat their customers well. We ordered a king canopy 8-4-18 and on delivery day the following Saturday was told by the delivery guys that they had the wrong screws. Had to reschedule for Tuesday then they came too early at 12:30 instead of us being the last stop as discussed. Rescheduled following Sunday. Delivery guys came were hard to understand. Said first time putting a bed like this together and that it was a hard bed to assemble but the screws were the right ones. They damaged the bed by stripping the screws. They were so aggressive putting it together they ruined.

To cover themselves they said since I have the insurance or warranty on the bed just call in three years and get another one. That sounds like fraud. Customer service was called. Pics of damage sent and rescheduled again after declining 200.00 off to keep damaged bed. Who would keep the damaged bed. That is an insult! This is now the 4th scheduled time and the next signature delivery guys came and could not take the bed apart. City was already notified and aware of the screw issues. Why did they not send the right people. They called cust service, sent more pics.

Now they want me to waste another day waiting on them and hoping they get it right this time. The only compensation for my trouble and their error was waive delivery fee and 50 in store credit. The same credit offered over and over each time they screwed up. Even the sales girl said since they dropped the ball she would zero out my account and no fee but customer service won't honor that. I am so aggravated and if I reschedule again this will be the 5th time! I want a refund and be done with them. They said no refund policy or returns. Only exchange.

City Furniture Company Information