3.38/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Tamarac, FL

Looking for a good furniture store?

310 City Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 25, 2019

Bought an expensive memory foam/'bamboo' mattress at City Furniture guaranteed not to sag blah, blah, blah. Notified them twice of a problem. Finally went around the local store where I bought it and found a helpful person at an 800 number. Long story short I had to pay $50 for a guy to come out that was clueless, didn't know what type mattress it was, wanted to measure the sag with a 2 foot level. I brought out an 8' straight edge, he said that yes it had about a 2" sag but they refused to honor the warranty because they said it was stained and they could not take it back.

In the first place it was not stained, in the second place what were they planning to do, resell it? The rest of the stuff I bought at the same time are also wearing rapidly i.e. couch is peeling off the 'leather' and the bedside tables are flaking off the cheap 'stain'. Save your money and go to a place that honors their warranty and provides customer service.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Purchased a Kevin Charles sofa in 2017. After about 12 months, the sofa started sinking in and the material ripped from the frame. A repair person came out and said this furniture isn't made anymore so we got credit for a new sofa. We had to pay the difference for the new sofa which we received in January of 2018. Once again, the couch is sinking in and the arm on the chaise was pulling away from the frame. The repair person fixed the arm but cannot do anything about the sagging. City Furniture told him they can't do anything because it's normal wear and tear. Do not buy sofas or sectionals from this place because apparently their furniture only last one year. I would think that since only adults are using this furniture it should last much longer than 1 year.

Original review: March 13, 2019

Had an incredible delay on delivery coordination, schedule for March 8, later 12, finally for the 20, unacceptable because my shipment overseas leave the 15! Nobody call me, no Paul the salesman, come there, Stanley stay seated in front of me 20 minutes without a word, ignoring me. Aleluya, Katerine appears and make my refund! She was the only one that understand customers pay her salary!!! Terrible experience, not recommend to anyone!

Original review: March 13, 2019

My wife and I bought a bedroom and immediately when we bought the bed had 2 service calls. Now bed collapsed from under us 3 weeks for warranty assistance. Promised 50 service charge waived not so false comp.

Original review: March 6, 2019

Horrible experience. I bought a bedroom set for my daughter, I paid the whole set at once back in February 18, I clearly explained to the seller the importance of the delivery date because we had an incident with my daughter's old bed. The seller promised that my order was going to be delivered in February 25, but I only got the mattress and a damaged board, then, they came back brought 1 more part of my order and left the mirror and 2 rails that are not part of my order on my garage. I'm still waiting for the rest of my order, and they say, I won't get it until March 20th, which is more than one month after the purchase.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 28, 2019

I recently went to City Furniture to accompany my granddaughter while she was buying furniture, while I was there I noticed dining set I liked. I wasn’t sure about the size however and the sales associate told me we could set everything up as if we were completing the sale and then when I got home I could measure and call back to confirm or cancel.

When I got home, I realized it wasn’t going to fit so I called (same day) and canceled the order (which was supposed to be pending, not completed). The sales Associate SAMIR ** assured me it was canceled. I then called the next day to confirm and he assured me again it was canceled. My granddaughter went into the store the following day and met with SAMIR ** to confirm that it had indeed been canceled and he said it was for sure.

A week later I received a statement in the mail looking for my first payment for the furniture. In the meantime the SAMIR ** kept calling to ask if I wanted to come in the store to look for something else. I kept asking, "Why am I been charge if I cancel the transaction?" But SAMIR ** Kept reassuring me that everything was cancel. 25 days later I had to call the manager and he gave me a refund for the purchase, but his response was very unapologetic, telling me that it was human error on SAMIR **, as if this was not a big deal. I am very sorry, but when it comes to money, companies need to be more responsible on their sales associate's behaviors. Sincerely, a very angry customer.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

I purchased a $700 dining set. It was delivered to my home today and the delivery men LITERALLY ran out of my house as soon as setting up the furniture. Then, I noticed EVERYTHING in the set is broken. Every. Single. Thing. I called customer service and they said I had to wait 24-48 hours for someone to call me to set up a time to get it fixed. Never buying anything here ever again. Disgusting, it's a shame.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

Purchase a high top wood table and 4 chairs. Almost 1000. 5 minutes after set up left I noticed that the table top did not line up with the base. Clearly the holes were drilled improperly so if table is against wall base is crooked and chairs do not fit flush. They told me they would send me another table. Never did they say that I only had 2 more days to return the entire set. Why would I worry if I was getting another table. I loved the set and waited 6 months to finally order. Second table comes and it is the same crooked table... They are just made improperly. They tell me now I am stuck. They will not take the set back... I have two choices either wait till April when another table comes in or pick something else. Problem is I do not want something else. This is the worst company and beyond sorry that I ever ordered anything. Will never use them and I will tell everyone they suck.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

While shopping for a bedroom set for my teenager son, Claudia ** was great helping me to select the perfect bed. I bought the Forge bedroom set, which was a great value and good quality. Delivery took place the same week and it was done on time by a team of very professional guys. City Furniture gave me a great shopping experience.

Original review: Feb. 23, 2019

Purchased a sectional couch. Worst purchase ever! Stitching coming apart. Couch had creases where anyone sits. Pillows have stuff poking out. Very poorly made. City furniture does not allow anyone to return.

City Furniture Company Information