3.13/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Tamarac, FL

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

City Furniture Reviews

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

After years of waiting for this moment, my husband and I decided to purchase some new furniture, including our Bed Frame. We spent overall around $3,000 worth of furniture. The day of the delivery my husband finds the sides and the rails of the Bed frame are missing. I called immediately to speak to a representative. They informed that the sales associate forgot to add it to the invoice. Charging me extra for the pieces, although I will not received them for another month as they are out of stock. They send me a temporary rails for the bed, this is when I started to notice their lack of customer service as the delivery man, installed some cheap rails without a box or anything to support the mattress. Also leaving the corner sides in a dangerous positions, were both my 3 years old daughter and I (CURRENTLY 8 month old PREGNANT WITH MY SECOND BABY) have hit those metals and hurts ourselves.

I called them once more complaining and requesting a decent service, as I am understanding but this was just too much. The delivery guy is sent back days later with 4 boxes (only needed 2) so I have the other 2 on the side of the bed. The following night, while sleeping on the bed (my husband, daughter and myself pregnant****) the rails fall apart and we all fall on the floor. I hurt myself and cried endlessly as I couldn’t understand how this was happening.

They have not cared once for all they have caused to my family and I. I do not understand how this is even possible. How they can allow these kind of things to happen and they are not even able to provide a reasonable solution. They do not value or respect their customers. They should be ashamed of the way their customer service and sales associates work. This store should close for good as the rest of the reviews I have read, after what happened to us, were shockingly terrifying. Will never in my life buy anything from them or would even recommend them.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

I HAD TO GIVE THIS PLACE A STAR BECAUSE IT IS REQUIRED BUT THEY DO NOT DESERVE EVEN ONE STAR!!!! Never in my life have I had the ridiculous service and bad experience that I have had with this company. Their service and customer service is ridiculous. We recently moved into a new house and bought thousands of dollars in furniture from their store and have been waiting months to have it all delivered; being told that the last set will be delivered the end of September. For our breakfast nook we got the table weeks before we got the bar stools. The family room, we got the sofa and chaise without the love seat then realized it wasn't even ordered. Purchased a rug which I didn't receive, called customer service and was told I took it with me. Lol. How can a 8x10 rug fit in a Nissan Murano? Lol.

Last week we received a text on Wednesday July 31st that our bar stools were finally being delivered the next day, we then received the email with the tracking, the joke was on us since they weren't delivered and when we called we were told that they did not have a delivery for us and that it was going to be today August 8th. Getting excited again that we'll finally be completing at least the family portion of the house until we receive the remaining furniture for the living room, we received the usual text and email with the tracking that shows what we will be receiving. The email shows 3 bar stools, click on the tracking it shows 2 bar stools, called Customer Service we are only getting one. Can you believe that???? If that is not the most unprofessional way of conducting business I don't know what is. I am really surprised they have been in business since 1971 and wonder if the customers shopping at Ashley Furniture have the same problem.

Had I read their reviews before my purchases I would have never even gone into their store. They took our money and now have us on a waiting game and practically hostages waiting on our furniture. Mind you I called earlier this week to complain about the headrest of my recliner being crooked and was assured that we were receiving our bar stools this week because they received a shipment. How can anyone trust this company when all they get are false promises and bad customer service. I called this morning and asked to speak with a manager and was placed on hold for which I was on for about half an hour before I hung up.

Every time they call to say there will be a delivery someone in my household has to take time off from work to wait and because you do not get a specific time we have to take the entire day, who is going to compensate us for all the lost time from work? Because all the customer reps can do is offer their apologizes for our inconvenience. For our first invoice, we were charged for services we didn't even take. Smh. They just opened another store on Millenia so I do hope the people going into their stores read reviews before they buy because this place sucks!!

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

I purchased a sectional, had it delivered by City and have never moved this large piece. It gets very light use (I weigh 132 and site in various spots. I had it delivered on 7/17/18. But didn't move into the house until 8/1/18.I also travel a lot so am not home to even use it. On 7/31/19 (1 yr and 2 weeks after taking delivery) my left section started making loud squeaky sounds. I removed the bottom cushion and pressed down with my hand and found the springs have some issue. Came unstrung?

First I tried to do an online claim. It Wouldn't take the photos and without the photos attached would not allow me to submit the claim. Then I called. Over 30 minute wait for customer service. When I called I was told one year period. No exceptions. I spent almost $5000 and no consideration at all. A semi-expensive piece like this should not have this kind of issue. Not happy at all.

Resolution response: Aug. 8, 2019

I was able to connect with some amazing folks that work at City Furniture and my issue was resolved. Thank you!!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2019

We bought a King bed at the showroom - delivery team assembled it. No box springs can be used because of the storage drawers, so just wood slats to place the mattress on. When we put our mattress on it - there is a 2" gap the entire perimeter of the mattress so the slats are all visible and looks horrible. As a test, we put the box springs and the mattress on it - no gap. Of course you would need a step stool to get in bed. Spoke to our sales rep and asked if we could exchange it for the bed without the storage drawers - offered to pay a restocking fee, double delivery fee, etc. No. Suggested I call customer service. She said No, suggested I speak with my sales rep. Not playing that game - just sharing everywhere - do not buy this bed.

Maybe the Queen size doesn't have this issue but buyer beware. I wish I had checked this site before going to City Furniture. What happened to customer service?? This is a design flaw/manufacturer issue - you would think CF would want to address the problem. I tried to post a review on their website - didn't go thru - went to their chat for help - couldn't help....

Original review: July 31, 2019

City Furniture is absolutely horrible. We spent thousands of dollars furnishing our new place. We spent $3500 on outdoor furniture. It arrives without the cushions for it which I was assured would arrive in the next week. It is now 30 days later and I still do not have them. The store you buy the furniture from cannot do anything. I bought our furniture from the WPB store in Florida and the manager, Maria **, was no help whatsoever. She said she sold us the furniture but cannot do anything to get us the cushions. Customer service from City Furniture is incompetent and incapable of finding solutions. They have horrid customer service, are rude, and constantly give run-around answers. I was promised by 3 different supervisors to have a call back with a solution and none followed through. Do NOT buy furniture from them. It has been a horrible experience.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about City Furniture?

Original review: July 18, 2019

This is my first time purchasing from this company. We purchased an entire bedroom set and more. When it was delivered, the bed rails came without drilled holes in them so they could not put our bed together. We were told it would take 2 days until the bed rails could be delivered and be ready for assembly. We call the night before just to make sure these rails were still being delivered on the day. Customer Service told us they would. Come to find out it would take another week to get these rails delivered! They kept telling us, for everything, there was nothing they could do to accommodate us. So now we will be sleeping on mattress for the next week. My first experience with this company and probably my last. I can't believe this stress and lack of willingness to help their customers.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Most horrible customer service ever. We bought a TempurPedic mattress and adjustable bed frame which cost $7200. The delivery came and I told the driver that the frame made noise. He told me it was normal and would get better over time. I immediately called the store and was told that "there are no refunds or exchanges" and they would send someone to fix the frame. I explained that I spent a lot of money on this product and they just kept repeating "there are no refunds or exchanges." I called the manager of the store and she was able to get them to exchange the bed frame.

The delivery people did not show up within the 3 hour range I was given. I called customer service and was told that the 3 hour window was a "courtesy" and they could come any time during the day. When the delivery guy called to say he was on his way, I asked for him to call when he arrived at my house since I work 1/2 mile from my home. He actually HUNG up on me. When they arrived, the lifted the mattress and leaned up against a wall on a slant. When they put the mattress back on the new frame, I noticed that there was damage to the side of the mattress. I told the delivery guy and he said he would come back to take a picture. He got into the truck and drove off without taking a picture!! I spent hours on the phone with customer service and the store manager and at the end of the day, no one cares. They said they would send a technician out to fix the mattress. NO THANK. YOU.

The mattress is brand new and now damaged. I do not want a repair. I want a new mattress. I will NEVER shop in this place again and suggest that anyone reading this does not shop there either. Horrible customer service. The salespeople make the sale and then turn you to customer service if you have a problem. All the customer service people do is tell you politely that you have been screwed! I.e. No refunds or exchanges. Run...and stay as far away from this store as possible!!

Original review: July 12, 2019

Probably the worst, most unprofessional company we have EVER dealt with. Dealing with a warranty issue (after being sold a defective item) has been nothing short of a nightmare. When replacement item was out of stock, I was told to "go shop elsewhere, without a refund" by one of the customer "care" associates. I would have gladly done so, but that would have been difficult to replace a piece in a set. Store associates were also rude and unhelpful in dealing with getting help. Finally after hours and days of wasted time, and more money out of pocket, I have a working barstool. It only took over 4 months. I would never recommend them. Take your hard earned money elsewhere.

Original review: July 4, 2019

Awful customer service, the company does not care about helping the customer. They just want your money. Their sales employees are nice but are not fully trained on important details that can really make a difference on whether you buy an item or not. We purchased a reclining sofa, specified that our room was small and were told it would fit. We weren’t informed on the extra space the sofa needed in order to function 100% so when it arrived it did not fit. We also paid for their premium delivery and after hour delivery. The delivery arrived three hours earlier so it defeated the purpose of paying for after hours and the delivery guys were just rushing and providing incorrect information. That is not premium delivery service. We paid $140 to get the same service had we done the free option.

When we asked to exchange or return the sofa and were willing to pay the 10% fee City Furniture increased the fee to 15% store credit only and we need to pay the delivery fee AGAIN. At this point I would never give City Furniture another penny. I'd rather pay more somewhere else where the company actually values their customers. This was our second experience. The first time we bought a glass table and the sales rep sold us a glass that did not belong on the base. When it was delivered the base required the glass to be attached but what was sold to us just laid there. The glass nearly fell on top of my 5 yr old and we needed to threaten with a liability lawsuit in order for City Furniture to rectify the issue. Needless to say City will not get us a third time!

Original review: July 3, 2019

We have had the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE ever with our recent sectional purchase! My husband and I have worked a combined 45+ years in customer service, so we're both patient people. We're appalled by the way our situation was handled. 1) We purchased a 4 pc KV Austin white sectional on Memorial Day from the Boca Raton store.

2) The delivery arrived 6/03/19, but unfortunately the armless love didn’t line up correctly with the other pieces of the sectional. Within 30 min of delivery I reported the issue, and requested a replacement. *We were offered 2 options: A. a $75 credit to keep our couch as is! (FOR A $2300 couch!) OR B. They’d send someone out to repair the sofa. I said I didn't want a “repaired” brand new sofa, but the woman on the phone informed me that someone would still need to come out and inspect the furniture before it could be replaced. So I was told I’d receive a call within 48 hours to schedule an inspection date.

3) The next day I received a call from the Assistant Manager, Delaney, who sold us sectional. She had read over the delivery notes, and was following up. After I explained I hadn’t received a call yet, she told me we would likely hear by end of day or next day at the latest. In the meantime she suggested sending photos of the couch to speed up the process.

4) Nearly 60 hours after I reported the defective loveseat, still no call! I called the store, and explained my situation to the woma. She read over the notes on our account, and then asked me which company we were waiting to hear from! She obviously didn't know how to help me, so I just told her I’d email Delaney. I attached photos of the misaligned sectional as she had suggested, and told her we were still awaiting a call, and becoming very frustrated. 5) I finally received a phone call on 6/06/19 in the late afternoon. Due to mine & my husband’s crazy work schedules, we can only schedule for Fri-Sun. I was told 6/22/19 was the soonest appt.

6) I received an email from Delaney on the 7th, apologizing for the lack of communication. I let her know we’d made an appt for 6/22, and asked if she knew if they’d be able to replace our loveseat that day now that I had sent photos. She responded that they still need to inspect first because “they might need to replace 1 or 2 pieces so it clicks together.”

7) 6/22/19: The tech showed up, & my husband and I exchange glances because he smelled so bad. He proceeded to put his dirty black clipboard on OUR WHITE COUCH! My husband showed him the problem with the loveseat, while I moved his dirty clipboard to the coffee table. My husband explained that the chaise fit all the other pieces, so we knew the prob was w/ the loveseat. I stepped away, and the next thing I hear is my husband asking why the man is working on our chaise. The man said he needed to move the hardware on the chaise in order to match up the pieces. My husband tells him that we’d like to have the option to rearrange our sectional, or add pieces to it in the future. The man responded “You won’t be able to do that”. What?! I asked what was going on, and explained to my knowledge he was just supposed to be inspecting the couch. He interrupted me, and said “I’m just here to service your couch.”

I tried to tell him that I was not faulting HIM, but was upset about the miscommunication, and that I had even sent pictures of the problem as instructed by the AM. He rudely interrupted me again, and blurted “well why didn’t you just say that?” He was very argumentative, but kept saying “I’m not going to argue with you”, and kept referring to me as "Dear" in a demeaning manner. He made a snide comment about how the customer is always right, and told my husband that he’d put a call into customer service (complaining how he’d have to wait on hold for 30 minutes first), and we’d get a call to schedule for the delivery. After he left we discovered he left black fingerprints on our chaise!

8) About 30 min later, we got a call from Kevin. I told him how awful the tech was, and how there had been a clear miscommunication from day 1. I explained that we still have the original loveseat that doesn’t fit, AND now we have a dirty chaise from the careless tech. I asked for a replacement chaise, but he told me they could only schedule a cleaning service. I then asked what could be done for our horrible experience with the company that has now been ongoing for a month! Kevin said there was nothing he could do, but would escalate our problem to a manager. After 30 minutes on hold, we opted for the callback.

9) Leonora from Corporate (ID #**), called us next. After repeating everything we told Kevin, all she said was how shocked she was to hear that we were unhappy with Mario (the tech). She kept repeating how he’s normally great with customers. Regardless of how great he normally is, he had no right to speak to me the way he did. He didn’t introduce himself when he came in, he didn’t communicate to us what he was doing, he wouldn't let me talk, and most disturbing he didn’t seem to notice or care that he was leaving grungy black fingerprints on our new couch! She told us there was nothing she could do. I asked “you mean to tell me after the horrible customer service we’ve been experiencing for a month now, there’s nothing you can do?” She told us no, nothing she can do. I asked to return the entire sectional for a full refund and she said “We don’t do refunds”, so we asked her to escalate the call to another person.

10) Our final phone call came from someone else at Corporate, who ultimately told us the same thing, “There’s nothing we can do”. My husband told them to have a manager call us back who can help us with our situation. It’s been 10 days, and WE HAVE YET TO RECEIVE THAT PHONE CALL! 11) In the meantime we finally received our replacement loveseat on 6/28, & the chaise was spot cleaned on 6/29. The pieces of the sectional fit together, but sadly there's still a large gap between the chaise and loveseat. We don’t feel it’s worth a phone call, as obviously this company doesn't care about customer service or whether or not we’re happy with our purchase. We’ve already wasted too many hours over this situation.

*We had planned on purchasing other pieces of furniture from CF, including the Sonoma Entertainment Wall, and some tables to complete our living room, but we weren’t offered even so much as a store credit for our troubles, so we will be shopping elsewhere.

City Furniture Company Information