Woodbridge, NJ

3.3/5 (896 ratings)

About Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 4, 2022

I managed to finance a sectional couch, and nothing else. It was about $950. I was to make payments of $164 a month. Little did I know that those payments have gone way beyond the price of the couch and in the end, I will have paid $2,400! NEVER AGAIN!

Original review: Jan. 2, 2022

I purchased the white birch desk for Xmas for my son. We picked it up Dec 5th and at the Dock the box had some damage but we were assured that it is packed so well there would be no damage! I have a picture of the box on the dock with the date it was taken Dec 5th. My son was so excited when he got it and left on vacation the day after Xmas. We would surprise him and have it out together for when he returned (so we thought). My husband pulled it out of box, everything seemed fine until the last piece on the bottom. The leg of the desk is completely pulled apart from the desk itself. (Particle board).

I have pictures, offered to send them to Maggie the customer rep who was totally uncaring, said it should of been open PRIOR TO CHRISTMAS!!!! Really!!! Do you open gifts PRIOR TO CHRISTMAS???. Maggie said nothing she can do. It’s POLICY!! Maggie told me she can have me talk to someone else who will tell me the same thing!!! How nice of her!!! I will be calling Corporate as I myself am in customer service and would be Fired if I handled it the way MAGGIE DID!! I called on Sunday Jan 2, 2022 so you know who Maggie is!!!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2021

Horrible customer service & communication. We purchased a sofa last year & it was delivered on time. Damaged but they said they would follow up and send someone to fix the fabric falling off the bottom of the sofa. Needless to say that never happened. The prices were good, so we made the decision to purchase another side from them. The old saying,"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me." They got the delivery address wrong & were a minute down the road at the wrong house. They called and asked where we were. I said we were at the house waiting for them at the correct address. They said it would put them off schedule for their next delivery. Even though it was their fault. Their supervisor said they made the wrong decision & that they should have taken the extra couples of minutes & delivered the sofa. She apologized & said that they would bring it back the next day.

Later that evening, another supervisor called and said that our sofa was going to the next person in line & that our sofa would be delivered hopefully in the next month, but couldn’t guarantee that to be true. We are now sitting in limbo waiting on this dysfunctional company to figure out how to get a sofa to us. Not to mention I had to take the day off to accept the “white glove delivery”. Save yourself time and money. Save yourself the time, money and frustration. Shop somewhere else.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2021

I bought over $3000 in furniture from Bob's Furniture and I was made aware that it wasn’t available for delivery till at first till December. Then it was pushed back till January but I always made it known that I didn’t want my shipment (couches) split or delivered separately. On Wednesday I received noticed that my furniture was going to be delivered on Friday and I made the mistake thinking Bob's furniture would listen to my wishes but they didn’t. I now have mismatch furniture and know my couches will wear down differently since now the other part is scheduled in Feb. How is it so hard for bobs furniture to follow simple instructions and deliver it together.

When I called to complain there is nothing that can be done. Bobs has forced us to take a partial delivery. Now my furniture is mismatched. The only thing the gentleman on the phone could say is try and enjoy your furniture. They were afraid that when the love seat was available the couch would no long be available. Well if that was the case we could have switched to a different set. Now we can no longer make that decision and it has been forced on us. This will be my last time shopping with bobs and will move on to a company that values their customer's wishes.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2021

I will not recommend Bob’s Furniture to my closest enemy. My drama started not even a year ago. I went a Bob’s on Woodhaven blvd in Queens to purchase living room set and dining room set in the end of December 2020. I didn’t get my furniture till May 2021. They stated because of Covid warehouse is back up with orders. So I get my furniture and it look great. The people who delivered it did a good job. So we decided to rearrange the living room and I remember when I lifted the love seat to unlock I heard like wood cracks. I paid it no attention. Couple days later I put my hands on the backrest of the love seat and felt movement and push and it felt broken. This is where it went horrible. I called customer service and explained my situation. They I would get a text in a couple of days and I have to send pictures and do a virtual conversation.

I received the text asking for pictures and a brief explanation so I sent pics saying we noticed the loveseat is broken and it hasn’t been a year since I have this set. They text back asking how I know it’s broken and how did that happen. Right. I knew they weren’t gonna help me so with a few back and forth texting they said they completed a full review of situation and even reached out to their partners and came up with the conclusion that my situation is not covered under their warranty. Bobs sells cheap garbage furniture that don’t last. It looks good on the outside but cheap garbage on the inside and that whole texting is horrible customer service. They probably have it all typed out and send to every customer that spend their hard earned money on their garbage and lies. Anyhow that’s it. PLEASE Don’t shop at Bob’s furniture.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2021

I purchased the Avenger loveseat D7069B52D during the pandemic. Talked into the goof proof protection plan. A year and 2 months later the couch leg supports broke. Filed a claim. Was told was not covered. Sent me to Bob's. They sent out someone to tell me if this happened a few months ago they would cover under manufacturer's warranty then they say for like 300 dollars they will fix it.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2021

Absolute WORST experience. We bought a lesser quality bed set months ago because we were told with supply chain issues that this was the only set we were GUARANTEED to get in the shortest amount of time. We were told the mattress was already in the warehouse. It must have been sold to another customer. Every week we schedule our lives around a delivery and every week it's postponed. Customer service offered us nothing. We were sold a vanity that won't even exist until 2022 at the earliest. THIS PLACE IS A SCAM. They will take your money and screw you over 100%. This place should be investigated, sued and shut down. DO NOT SHOP HERE. This should be a negative 5 star review.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I would never buy from BOB's furniture ever again. I went to the store on July 25th to purchase a bed frame, desk and chair. The bed frame and chair were delivered but they kept sending an update stating that the desk still was not ready for deliver. It is now November 11 and the desk still has not arrived but they were slick enough to send the chair and bed frame which was a matching set. They all were part of the same design to the desk. They refused to come get the chair since I no longer want the desk. They are so slick that they make you wait for furniture that they don't have by sending pieces of an incomplete set and then you almost have to wait for the other to arrive no matter how long it takes to get to you because you already have a portion of the set.

Never Ever Take Part Delivery of ANYTHING. They had the nerve to say I could have refused the chair but why would I do that if I was expecting they would be honorable and do the right thing and send my things in a timely manner. Their business model sucks. They care nothing about the customer and the chair was only $50. They were so cheap that they wouldn't even refund the $50 or a portion of it because of their fault.

Original review: Nov. 11, 2021

I bought a sofa bed from Bob's in January 2020, it was supposed to come with a memory foam mattress. I started to feel the support bar in my back, when I unzipped the cover it was just plain foam, and they wouldn't give me what I paid for.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2021

DO NOT GET THE GOOF PROOF by Bob's. It is a scam. They sell it to you by saying "if you get the Goof Proof and we can't fix your furniture, then we will replace" but it's a lie. They also make up excuses when it's time for you to put a claim, even if you say it's an accident they will debate with you and say it isn't. Total money making profit. You pay over $500+ depending on how much furniture you have for accidents that only covers spills. They lie in person to confuse you on what is covered and then when you go to claim, 95% of what they mentioned does not appear on the Goof Proof site. HORRIBLE AND SHOULD BE AUDITED.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information