2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Woodbridge, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.27/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Bought the Store Demo Mattress model from Bob's Discount Furniture in Vernon Hills, IL for a good price. However, I got duped into purchasing a brand new box spring/platform at FULL PRICE! So they DID NOT LOSE MONEY!??? Furthermore, their alleged FREE DELIVERY has a "Mileage Range" associated with it, and our apt fell a few miles OUTSIDE that Limit - plus they were NOT willing to negotiate + or - on the delivery fee. Overall, we spent ~3hrs in that Store and came away with the back of our Minivan FULL!???

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I am 57 years old, the Bob's Hybrid King size mattress is the most supportive, most comfortable therapeutic mattress I’ve ever slept on. The price was half of what I would have paid for a name brand at a conventional mattress store. Quality all new material, hypoallergenic, no smell even when delivered new out of wrapper. I love the hybrid springs under memory foam, great support for my achy back.

Longest warranty of any mattress manufacturer 20 years. This mattress is 3 years old now and no signs of mash out rolled corners. Like the day I bought it, very durable. At half the price of Sealy, Stearns & Foster you name it. And you can go to Bob's storefronts and test drive one that fits your needs and comfort level. No internet out of box surprises you haven’t tried. Purple casper. Move over. Try Bob's Discount Furniture, your wallet and your back will thank you.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I personally prefer Bob's Discount Furniture. Their Bob-o-pedic foam mattresses last about 10 years, and they come at a great price. I have tried other companies, like Jordan's and their mattresses don't hold up as well. Plus they are pretty pricey. I recommend going into a Bob's store, so you can physically check the quality of the furniture. If you're buying anything with drawers, ask for dovetail. They will hold up a lot better.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I purchased a sofa and a single seat big chair from Bob’s Furniture store 2 yrs ago. I also purchased a 5 yr insurance plan for my items. One wk after I got my furniture there was a problem with my sofa.. I called the store and someone came out the very next day.. Examined the sofa and determined that it needed to be replaced... No questions asked. All pieces are still standing strong. Bob’s furniture has proven to be durable and very affordable especially if you have young children in the home and you really don’t want to spend too much.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I ordered my furniture online, but have also been to the Monroeville, PA store. The staff is very friendly. The delivery staff was fantastic. I only had an issue with scheduling my delivery. I wish the logistics team and the website was more transparent. I wish they would just tell consumers to set the day aside as the time you select, the time they change it to and the actual delivery time are all different.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2020

This company is the worst!!! Bob's Discount Furniture on Manchester Road. BEWARE!!! They say everything you want to hear but fall short after you pay them. It's been 3 months since we ordered a sectional couch. We showed up on our scheduled pick up date and our full order was not available to pick up. We have been told 5 different delivery dates. We have taken off work and waited for deliveries and on each date there has been no delivery... and no call from Bob's Discount Furniture.

To add insult to injury, when you try and call them they keep you on hold for 2-3 hours and then they disconnect you. They have disconnected us 4 times now, which shows that this technique part of their normal operating strategy. They don't call you back and you have to start the call process all over again. We placed an order June 1st and August 8th we still have not received our purchase.

Today we waited on hold for 2 hours, when they answered the phone we and got the representatives call back number in case we got disconnected. Guess what??? After talking to them a few minutes they disconnected us again!!! We tried calling them back and the number and extension they provided to us. That number took us to the same phone system to wait another 3 hours.

At first they blamed their incompetence on the Coronavirus and shipments taking longer than expected. They said it was en route and would take an additional 7 days. We found out today, three months later, that the couch had never been ordered and they were not even sure if it was going to be manufactured in the color we ordered.

Original review: Aug. 7, 2020

Do not buy anything from Bob's. They don’t stand their inferior products. I cushions in the middle are sinking to the point where you need to grab a persons arms to help them up. As unhappy as I am with this I think I’m more unhappy with the lack of knowledge their associates have. On person knows less than the other after 9 calls!!! And 3 emails. I called June 14th because the couch was unusable, a technician showed up July 8th and concluded the couch did in fact have a Mario was wrong in offering a new couch. "Sorry. Will call back." Another week no answer.

This went on for a month. Total runaround.... Clueless employees.... Now I’m told a manufacturer defect is not covered even though my Goofproof clearly says it is. My whole house is Bob's purchased with their credit card and I couldn’t be more mad! They don’t honor their products or their goofproof!!!! You can message me for more details. Stay away from MyBob's! They’re crooks!!!!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2020

I ordered through Bob's as we had a tight deadline and the online system said the items could be delivered by the date we needed. After placing the order we got a call stating the delivery date was pushed back. I inquired as to another piece that would be available. The rep located one and we went through with processing it. At the end of the call she said that also couldn't be delivered by the date we needed. I requested refund but in order for her to change the product she made it store credit without explaining anything to me. I decided to make other arrangements for someone to be at our rental since we had to go home- 2300 miles away.

The DAY OF delivery they called and said the mattresses would be delivered but not the sofa. I told them I needed them all delivered together as it is being rented and I didn't want mattresses laying around. They rescheduled for a week later. The driver marked the deliver "unable to deliver" 20 minutes before the delivery window. Which we had another family member who planned to be there in the delivery window of 9-12. When we finally reached the driver he stated the product was not on the truck. I currently have been on hold with Bob's customer service for one hour and 20 minutes... and counting. Extremely frustrated!!!

Original review: July 30, 2020

This whole experience was the worst experience I have ever encountered in my life. The amount of issues and lack of care we had received from the customer service team/delivery team/warehouse team was absolutely insane. I would never recommend ANYONE EVER BUYING ANYTHING FROM BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE.

After 5 attempts at trying to Exchange a DAMAGED piece of furniture and having 12 terrible attempts with the customer service team to try and fix the problem that went on from June 2020 till August 2020 bob's discount customer service team cut us off from trying to receive the correct piece and only gave us the option to keep the damaged piece in our home for not even a full refund or to choose a different couch in General. This was so terrible and I hated every single bit of dealing with bob's discount furniture. I advise everyone to STEER clear of Buying anything from this company. They will sell you damaged furniture and won’t give you your full money back even after they make you keep it damaged. EVERYONE should realize how bad this place is.

Original review: July 25, 2020

Sectional delivered without all hardware. Took over 3 hours to get through to customer service. Customer service horrible, not willing to help. 6 weeks later still waiting for parts. Tried to call corporate, same as Customer service.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information