Woodbridge, NJ

3.6/5 (486 ratings)

About Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 12, 2022

Monday my wife bought a couch. We went to the warehouse to pick it up. It was a rainy day. The guy loads the couch into a wet pickup bed and tears the plastic and damages the couch. This is after I questioned him about loading it that way. I would have loaded it bottom down. They order a new one for us and gave us delivery. I waited from 12:30-4:30 no couch. This is the window we were given. We gave the gate code to our community when we ordered it. They never tried the gate code. Said they called. We never got a call. They left. I said I wanted a refund. Now it takes 8-10 business day to get money refunded to a credits card. What a joke. Discount furniture with discount service.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2022

Probably don't need to post this with so many other negative reviews, but here is one more. My daughter-in-law ordered three pieces from Bob's. A chair, a rug and a bed frame. When ordering she was told all were in stock and they'd call her for delivery. After several weeks, they told her it was on back-order (so in-store salesman lied) and would be available in a few weeks. After many calls and 3 months later (customer service lied), it's finally in. We get that supply chain is crazy right now. But when it did come in we were told we MUST pick it up in 48 hours or they'd send it back - when she's out of town on business and it's pouring rain here for two straight days. Seriously people - you took three months to get it, give us a couple more days to coordinate! Won't be shopping there for future furniture unless I can walk out with it from their clearance center. Don't care how good the price is.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2022

We have purchased several bedroom sets with the white glove delivery from Bob's Furniture back in March. When furniture arrived couple of month later it turned out that one of the dressers was without a leg. Because there were no legs in stock, customer service representative had to order a replacement of the dresser. A week later a replacement dresser was delivered and delivery crew had to put it upstairs. So while carrying it upstairs they started to slide it over the stairs and left black stains on every step. We called customer service to open a property damage claim right away. However, no one contacted us regarding this issue. We had to call the customer service again and again and again. In couple of weeks we were told that our claim was closed.

They reopened it again as there was no resolution to the issue. Thanks God we decided to hire a professional cleaning company so they were able to remove the stains. However, it costed us a lot and we had to pay as Bob's Furniture was still not responsive. Finally, in July a claims adjuster called us and notified us that the claim was processed, check would be sent and the claim would be closed. Guess what!? We have not received the check yet! They disappeared.

We called again to everyone who was on our contact list and still no firm answer. When Steven (adjuster) answered he said that they have to find out where the check is now!!! So if you do not want your property to be damaged NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM BOB'S FURNITURE! They are not only unresponsive, but also unprofessional. After our carpet was damaged the dresser was still not good. It had all the legs but the drawers were broken. So the another dresser replacement was ordered. Can you imagine how much inconvenience we have experienced! And still no resolution. The person who is responsible for this type of issues - Eric ** Customer Success- Premier Support (Property Claims) - is literally ignoring us. I am sure that the owner of Bob's Furniture would not like that as the owner will lose money when the disappointed customers find other stores to shop!

Original review: Oct. 21, 2022

In the store, the sales associate entered a wrong phone number when submitting my info for financing. She didn't ask me to confirm before she submitted electronically, and she did have my phone number correct when she wrote it down on paper, she simply mistyped it. Then, since I couldn't verify my information because they kept trying to send a code to my cell phone, which they had incorrect, it took hours to resolve. The associate said they had to run my credit again and set up a new account. Then I had to submit a paper form with all my info on top of that. Then, it ended up creating 2 new separate credit cards and accounts in my name which affected my credit.

When I got the sofa delivered, there was a big tear in the back. They documented it and they had to schedule a delivery for replacement 3 weeks out. Another day I had to plan to sit around for delivery. Then, I noticed the cushion on my matching chair is uneven and doesn't lay flat. The left side won't flatten and it's raised from the bottom of the chair. I guess there's nothing I can do about that now since I assumed it would go down after a couple days and it didn't.

Got the new sofa delivered finally and the stitching on both sides is terrible and uneven and separated. I guess there's nothing I can do. The sofa is poor quality. The attached cushions were smooshed when received and are permanently set that way now. The stuffing inside is uneven and is not moving. Overall, I had a poor experience in the store, a poor delivery experience, and received a poor quality sofa and chair for thousands of dollars I paid.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2022

Stay away from Bob's Discount Furniture. There's a scam they do without your consent. They add a 300.00 goof prof to the bill without telling you about it at all. It happen to me and my mother at separate times. They never mention it to her either so when I look at my bill a month later at they billed me for that without my permission and would not refund the money. This is a scam and racket that they are doing to their customers. BEWARE OF THIS 300.00. GOOF PROF SCAM. I will be contacting my attorney on this matter.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2022

Do not buy their good proof insurance. They will never honor it. They have some BS excuse or the other everytime. I am never going back to Bob's funiture. Total scam. Totally regret buying all my furniture from them.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2022

Ordered a 5 piece bedroom set. Had delivered in 5 days, 3 of the pieces were defective, they also took a chunk out of door frame. Reordered, new pieces were delivered 10 days later, all 3 pieces were even more defective than first time! Reordered again, 10 more days! They offered a 150 credit for a 5000 set! Furniture definitely not worth the pr, will not purchase from them again!

Original review: Sept. 21, 2022

Several times waited hours for assistance... They destroyed my furniture. Waited months for replacement. They DO NOT HONOR THEIR WARRANTY. I repeat. They will tell you 1 thing than time of claim. This is not covered. That's not covered.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2022

I purchased the Charleston Chest from Bob's Discount Furniture over a year ago. After it was delivered, I went to open the last drawer and it fell out. The part inside was broken. After an inspector came out to look at it, he said he needed to order a replacement part. A year went by with me all the while asking when the part would arrive. Finally, they contacted me to say they will no longer replace the part but instead replace the whole piece.

The delivery arrived today and the exact same drawer was broken AGAIN this time the delivery man saw it. I called and demanded a partial refund for the partially functioning chest and they only gave me a $50 refund. The delivery and falsely labeled "Goof Proof Protection" cost more than that! DO NOT ORDER FROM BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE! Their products are cheap and customer recovery is poor. Save yourself the one-year headache I experienced on furniture I need to go elsewhere to replace. "Goof Proof" NOT!

Original review: Sept. 13, 2022

I bought a sectional last April, didn't get it until June and only 3 pieces of it when there was 5 pieces to the sectional. I went through their credit company Vive... (a joke). Every time I received a piece of the sectional, I was charged with their 12 month deferment plan!! So I have 3 deferment charges on my account with Vive! Bob's made a major error... It looks on Vive's side that I made 3 different purchases! When in fact only made 1.... For the past 6.5 weeks I have been going through hell trying to fix this major mistake! My credit has been dinged for all this...

I pay my account on time over the phone, and I get a late charge still! I call it in 5 days before due...$40 each time. I have spoken to Bob's Customer Care line and a Cindy B. agreed with us that there was an error on their part and it needs to be fixed. Vive company says that they can fix things on their end once Bob's sends them the corrections.... Then Bob's acounting department says call vive. They need to fix it!

I am the customer and I have rights here...errors on my account are Not my fault! Bob's needs to face the fact and fix this major problem....the managers at the store in Palm Desert, Lorenna and Tony at first agreed with us and said that Bob's needs to fix it....but now they are like call customer care line! Washing their hands of the problem....

I WILL NEVER SHOP AT BOB'S FURNITURE AGAIN, THEY ARE A RIP OFF, THEY DON'T HELP THE CUSTOMERS.... DON'T SHOP AT PALM DESERT, CA. STORE!! THEY HAVE NO IDEA OF WHAT THEY ARE DOING... BOB'S NEEDS TO HELP ME IN THIS PROBLEM, I OWE 2X MORE THAN THE FURNITURE I PURCHASED.... BECAUSE OF ERRORS THAT BOB'S CREATED!!

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information