1.10/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Woodbridge, NJ

1463 Bob's Discount Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 21, 2019

I didn't want to spend a lot of money on this furniture so the price was right at Bob's. Salesman and customer service were excellent. Delivery men were polite and even took off their shoes because it was raining. Only problem is that the doors on the furniture are hard to open because of the type of latches. Also one door is about 1/4 inch higher than the other. Besides that I love it. Just don't expect to get a cheaper price and a higher quality.

Original review: April 18, 2019

I purchased a chofa in January. I have had it for less than 3 months and the cushion cover on the chaise part of the chofa split wide open. I have contacted Bob's and been called back twice. First I was told I would have to wait until August for a new cushion cover. Then I was told that you would replace the chofa in May. Yesterday I received a call and was told that you no longer offer the chofa, so I would have no choice but to wait until August for a cushion cover?!?! Are you kidding?? This is totally unacceptable. Less than 3 months old and Bob's will not exchange the chofa or help me in any way at all. I have never had this kind of lack of customer service anywhere else. DO NOT buy anything from Bob's.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 17, 2019

This is a horrible place. Do not buy from Bob's Furniture. The stuff looks really nice but it is made horribly. We bought a sectional from them 2 years ago and the seams kept ripping everywhere. They replaced it a few times and now the entire upper pillow ripped down the seam and the technician came out and said it's not a manufacturer defect so they will not fix or replace it. It is the same issue that we had every other time but now they won't take care of it. Their Customer Service is horrible as well. Buying from Bob's was the worse purchase I ever made in my life. It's not even worth one star.

Original review: April 16, 2019

I still can not sleep thru the night without tossing and turning. Next mattress will be a memory foam with adjustable heights for the head and feet, this is my second mattress in 15 months and I am not happy with it.

Original review: April 16, 2019

We are on our 3rd couch from Bob's. Every couch has had manufacturer's defects. We again have a defective couch. The cushions are higher on the right facing couch than the other 2 pieces. Before that it was a custom sectional that I waited 5 months for. That had defects as well & the recliner had an electrical short. So, we order the couch that is in our home now. Another custom color with manufacturer defects. They told me to pick out another & to stay away from custom orders. So I picked out another leather couch & loveseat. Bob's had promised a white glove inspection 5 times! (Which Never happens.)

I have spent hours upon hours on the phone with Bob's. Spend hours upon hours for delivery only to have the couch go back. Today was the 6th attempt for delivery. They came again today & the stitches were busted & there was a scratch on the armrest. I had asked for a refund so I could take my money & go elsewhere. They refuse to give me a refund. The mental stress & anguish this company has caused me is ludicrous & unnecessary. If someone would do their job & make sure I would receive nondefective furniture this could all be avoided. However, they do Not care!! DO NOT BUY FROM BOB'S!! YOU WILL REGRET IT!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: April 16, 2019

I bought a Console, an end table and a coffee table. One of the Console drawers wouldn't close all the way and a repair guy came and fixed it. It wouldn't close flush again and another repair came and supposedly fixed it. It's still not flush. The first end table had manufacturing defects. The second replacement was worst than the first so I kept that for another replacement. The third replacement was ok. The first two coffee tables were defective the delivery guy had me look at the table before it was put together and the back had two manufacturing defects, I called Bob's to complain about it and the delivery guy left the table and I waited for another hopefully the final replacement.

This time I knew the guys were bringing the table 4/16/19 but they didn't call me with a time. They came at 8:30 am without notification. All the other delivery times they called me way too many times. I had seven calls one time, thirteen calls another time, and three calls another time. One repair 4/13 and One delivery I didn't get any arrival time calls. This last delivery there were three guys - one ** guy Alex who was very professional, one Hispanic guy Eduardo who seemed to be in a hurry and another Hispanic guy who came in when the table was finished. He and Eduardo were speaking Spanish and I heard the word **. I know that's a derogatory word but I don't know what they were talking about. I hope they weren't referring to me because I've never been nor will I ever be **. I believe when delivery people go into customer's homes in English speaking countries they should speak in English Period. I will NEVER buy anything from Bob's EVER AGAIN.

Original review: April 12, 2019

Everything from customer service to delivery is abysmal. All they care about is finalizing your sale, even if that means they need to lie to you. I will never, EVER, go to Bob's again and I suggest no one else does either.

Original review: April 11, 2019

Don't ever fall into the sales pressure to add goof plus plan, it is a total scam! After about two years, we had a damage on our dining table leaving heat marks and after submitting claim, Guardian denied it saying - "Claim Number: ** Guardian Protection Products has processed the claim to your furniture. The damage you have reported is not eligible for coverage under your protection plan. The plan you purchased from Bob's does cover your furniture for accidental gouge, heat mark or liquid ring from specific incident however your plan states coverages are for accidental occurrences from a single incident. This excerpt was pulled directly from your protection plan. “All coverages are for accidental occurrences from a single incident.” Responses to this email are not received".

After talking to Guardian claims rep and Bob's customer care, they are pointing me to the excerpt - single incident. This is a scam with Bob's selling this plan under the disguise of covering all damages, Guardian denying that these accidental damages are not a single incident. On Bob's website, posting a negative review never gets shown, did it twice and the customer care is saying they have no control over it!!!

Original review: April 10, 2019

You can forget customer service. Totally useless. I bought 2 dressers and the knobs were breaking off. Initially I thought I can replace one then 5 more broke. My only option according to their customer service was to purchase more knobs from their manufacturer. Why would I repurchase cheap knobs? Now I have to replace all 12 knobs so they will match, I refuse to repurchase knobs I know will break again. I will never purchase furniture from Bob's again. ABSOLUTELY THE WORST!!

Original review: April 10, 2019

No matter what you do stay away from Bob's Discount Furniture. Worst experience ever! They said it was a bedroom set yet I only got just a headboard and when I called them about it they decided to charge me extra $160 for the footboard. If you are just selling the headboard why include the bed in the picture? I paid $119 to be put together which they didn’t do yet they refuse to refund me the money. Just stay away. They are a scam!

Original review: April 10, 2019

Bought 2 sofas from Bob’s Furniture at Brooklyn, NY location. Salesman very pushy to sell stuff. End up buying the Goof Proof Protection Plan for 5 years for extra $199. After 2 years got some problems with the product, frame got broken and the color faded. Claim the warranty. But they said that they can’t do anything.. Just a waste of money.

Original review: April 9, 2019

Me and my husband purchased a bedroom set from Bob's discount store in Glendale, N.Y. I must say that their delivery method is horrible. Made the purchase in February. I got my dressers and night stand delivered with no problem. Now when it comes to the bed it was a whole different ball game. I had to wait 2 weeks after I received my dressers for the matteress Alone. Then I had to wait a month after until they would deliver the bed frame itself.

Fast foward to March 9, 2019. The day of delivery the delivery men just come with the rails. I'm like, "Are you kidding". I told them to take that crap back because I'm not going to receive rails with no headboard and no footboard. Then they won't be able to set up my bed. I called up customer service and they told me that I had to wait another month to receive everything.

Now the day of delivery which is today April 9, 2019. The delivery men come with just the head board and foot board but no rails!! I tell you this is thee worst furniture store that I ever ordered from. Their delivery method is very disorganized. I don't understand how they could screw up twice. When I called customer service now they telling me they will deliver the rails on April 12, 2019. So let's see what happens. Hopefully they don't screw up on my order again. But I know one thing, I would never purchase anything from this store again and I advised people to do the same.

Original review: April 8, 2019

Purchased what looked like a beautiful set. Salesman was very nice, hence the 1 star. Furniture was damaged from the beginning. The bed came damaged, and had to be replaced. Dresser and nightstand were scratched. Since we purchased the extra protection ($199) we would have expected more than someone coming and painting in the scratches with a marker. About 6 months ago, the bed literally fell to the floor! My son is 15, and does not jump on his bed. Technician came and said the screws were too short and not enough. He drilled holes and added new screws. The bed lasted a couple of months, until it happened again! This time, I took pictures and sent them asking that the bed be replaced since my son now didn't even want to sleep in it for fear of falling.

Bob's "thorough investigation" found that they were not obligated to fix or replace the bed! We are still covered under Bob's "Goof Proof" extended warranty. We persisted, speaking to a rep named David who told us that "he thinks it's normal wear and tear and that, yes, a bed could reasonably be worn out in under 4 years!" Hours of phone calls led us to supervisor Jessica who actually looked at the pictures and agreed with us that this was a faulty manufacture. She said she was putting a claim in for replacement. We never heard another word. The next phone call brought us back to square one....not their problem! I finally bought a new bed elsewhere. After reading other reviews, I guess I was lucky to get almost 4 years out of this bed. Complete waste of money.... Hope I can stop even one person from making the same mistake we did. DON'T BUY BOB'S!!!

Original review: April 6, 2019

Purchased 2 rocker recliners in October. Almost immediately I noticed the seat on one was lopsided. The only one using that chair is a 6 pound cat! The other recliner which I use also began to sink on one side. I emailed C/S and they sent out an inspector. He was not a Bob's employee, Bob's outsources their inspection service. He reported that indeed the chairs were faulty and would communicate same to Bob's. I heard nothing for 3 weeks. I emailed them and asked what's up? Their computer-generated form-letter response was they would take no responsibility as the chairs were just showing normal wear and tear! Yes, they were inexpensive but for $300 they should last longer than 6 months. I will NEVER set foot in the store again and recommend you boycott Bob's as well.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I order a dinner room table with the option to expand it. Till recently about 6 months after purchase it I wanted to add the leaf to the table. Was unable to easily open it because it got stuck. Instead of causing any damage I left it like that till they came. The technician came. He even had a hard time open it and even closings it. He advised needed new track because it was damage. He call the customer services to order the track which he didn’t. He put me on the phone with them and he ran out of here for the rep to tell me there is nothing they can do for me because I didn’t I waited 6 months to figure out that my table they sent me was damage. So now I have a table that I am unable to used properly. Stay far away from them.

Original review: April 5, 2019

The experience with the sales team was great. Me and my husband got a Dining table set with 4 chairs and a bench, a king bed, dresser, mirror, chest and one nightstand. All the furniture was set to be delivered on 31st March except the dresser which they informed will come on 9th April. On the morning of 31st March, we got a call from Depot that they forgot to load the headboard of the bed on the truck and the truck left without it. We said it was ok and can arrange the king bed assembly later which was decided for 3rd April.

The delivery team that came on 31st March was extremely rude and intimidating. They taunted on us, laughed on us for I don’t know what. We offered them sodas and snacks to eat instead of them being so rude to us. However, one of the chair was broken, nightstand was completely broken, chest broken. They didn’t assemble or open the bed at all as the headboard was not there. Worst experience with the first team.

Fast forward to 3rd April, our headboard arrived and bed gets assembled. Previously, I called Bob’s customer care to let them know I don’t want the same team to come. They made sure to fulfill the request. Bed is done and we see the headboard left side top piece is completely cracked and the whole piece is chopped off. The drawer alignment is wrong. So again, going through the whole process of calling them and rearranging.

Today, 5th April, new headboard arrives. Everything is done. The headboard is wobbly and I told the guy why is it so wobbly. He says, that’s how it will always stay. I saw 2 minutes later that there is a loose screw and that they didn’t fit it properly. So, in disdain and completely disappointed I call the customer service again. The lady on the phone was extremely rude and ruthless in handling the complaint. She didn’t apologize even once for the inconvenience they are causing us. The whole experience was very rude and inconvenient.

Now, waiting for another 2 deliveries from them. I just expect them to NOT TO SEND BROKEN FURNITURE ANYMORE. They have poorest delivery standard, poorest protection of furniture transportation, poorest customer service. They’re not going to last long enough if they continue the same way. I will never opt for Bob's Furniture anytime in the future and I will NOT recommend it to anyone. The quality of their furniture is also bogus.

Original review: April 5, 2019

I order a king bed set along with a dresser mirror, nightstand, and chest. The original delivery date was Mar 12, 2019. But on March 12, only the dresser mirror and chest came, while just 5 minutes before the truck came we were told that the bed's headboard and footboard were on back order and we were not told when it would arrive and that we would have to call them again to know the delivery date. Finally, they told me it would be delivered on April 9. Again, they called me today and said they would not be able to deliver on 9th and it would be delivered on Apr 20. When I called them to see if they would cancel the order altogether, they said they cannot process a refund for items that were already delivered.

We bought everything as a set, but they delivered in pieces and not willing to process the refund for the entire set. I have been without a bed for more than a month now and sleeping on the floor. I am out $1000, sleeping on the floor and wasting time talking to ** customer service. My order number is **, in case someone from Bob's even has an ounce of decency to look into this. I have already spent hours together talking to their customer service, but it is like talking to a wall. A warning to people: NEVER, NEVER buy in Bob's. They are the worst when it comes to customer service.

Original review: April 4, 2019

Sales was great - Customer Service is terrible and ruined sales - Furniture comes damaged. They don't honor the "white glove" delivery, My house was a disaster after they left, foam, scraps of boxes and random garbage from the packaging everywhere. When you have problems with your delivery, they promise fair compensation for their mistakes after all is corrected and delivered. My order was close to 11k. The "fair compensation" was $100 gift card to shop at Bob's. Refused to refund at least the delivery fee of $329. DO NOT WASTE TIME and MONEY with BOB'S.

Original review: April 3, 2019

The furniture is pure junk, made with cheap wood and materials. The beds fall apart and they say they will replace it and they don't. They say they will fix it and they can't. When you try to replace the item they say they will and once you purchased it. You will never get a new item or the item cannot be fixed. So you lose your money, we furniture going in the trash within a little over a year. Meanwhile the furniture repairs are stretched out till the year warranty is over. Then you think you got a warranty that will fix your problem. Don't buy the warranty cause it won't replace anything. So Bob's Warehouse Furniture is a RIP-off. Now I file a complaint to Better Business Bureau and anyone else I can. People stay away from Bob's warehouse furniture. It is pure JUNK. ALL THE FURNITURE IS POORLY MADE.

Original review: April 3, 2019

You must understand that when you go to a cheap two-bit company like Bob's you should not expect to get a.) quality furniture b.) quality customer service. I should have known better than to buy from here, but the pricing was very enticing. But you get what you pay for, within less than 2 years our sofa broke. We purchased the warranty program for the furniture (which honestly makes no difference) and had to fight for several months, and multiple visits from their "knowledgeable" technicians for them to finally agree that it was a manufacturer's defect and that they'll agree to replace.

This was after about 30 separate calls, with all different customer service reps who never record any information from the calls, so basically you start from square one each time, and nothing gets accomplished. We had moved addresses after purchasing the furniture and had told the reps on more than 5 occasions to update our address, but to no avail. After a long battle with Bob's (who claims to pride themselves on customer service) they begrudgingly decided to ship us a new couch.

Come the day before delivery and I receive a text saying they will be delivering the new couch to our OLD address, which was clearly explained to be an old address and had provided the new one. So I spent about 4 hours today on the phone with some real "top notch" service reps who told me there's nothing I can do, and that they have to reschedule the delivery... forcing me to take yet another day off of work as a result of their incompetency. Save yourself the incredible headache, and just spring the extra cash to get quality furniture from another company.

Original review: March 28, 2019

My wife and I purchased a bedroom set which included a king bed and headboard, dresser and two nightstands. We also ordered a rocking recliner at the same time. We also paid for delivery and setup as well as the goof coverage. The bed set was delivered within the week, which was nice. But the delivery crew made a huge mess of our room and the front porch. There were cardboard and styrofoam to clean all over. Before the crew left I checked the furniture and didn’t see any obvious problems so I signed the tablet and they went. A few minutes later as I was making the bed, I noticed a divot in the wood of the headboard. I made a mental note about it and then finished making the bed. Keep in mind this bed-set was the only real wood furniture that Bob’s sold. It is 100% mahogany.

I then moved on to the dresser to fill the drawers. When I went to open one of the drawers a piece of the glide rail dropped out and fell to the floor. That was three strikes, so I immediately called customer service. A woman picked up who likely had a cold. She coughed in my ear a few times before I asked to speak to someone else. I feel sorry she had a cold, but a customer service person should always consider the person on the other end of the phone. When I asked to be transferred, she said: “hang up and call back!” So I did, reluctantly.

The next person I spoke with apologized for the frustrations. And set up to have a “technician” come out to see the headboard and dresser. He came a few days later and wanted to use a wood filler pen on the headboard. A brand new headboard that should have no divots in wood. I declined the filler pen and asked for a headboard replacement since it’s brand new and came with the divot. He called his manager, and it was approved. He moved on to the dresser to say he had to order a new glide rail. Something I already knew and told customer service. So they could have saved a trip there too. The new headboard came a few days later, and the wood is ok. But part of the headboard, where your head would be, is loose on one side. It’s not bothering us too much, so we are just dealing with it... for now. We have the goof protection so we will bring it up with Bob’s customer service.

Finally, the chair arrived. It came in 2 pieces and is comfortable. After one day of rocking our child, its springs make a creaking pop noise when you rock up and down. It’s very noticeable when the room is quiet, but not when the TV is on. It’s almost two months later from delivery at the time I’m writing this. We are still waiting in the glide rail to arrive so it can be installed and the dresser can be used. I’m about to follow up with them to get a status and report the new headboard issue and the chair issue and to find out about the compensation I was told I’d be getting due to all these troubles. One thing for sure is I’ll never buy from Bob’s again.

Original review: March 27, 2019

I bought a sofa and love seat from Bob’s not even a year ago. The sewing came out on the cushion of the love seat. I had the goof warranty and of course Bob’s not the goof protection would cover something like that. Will NEVER buy from Bob’s again and will NEVER recommend Bob’s to anyone who is buying furniture. Worst furniture company ever!

Original review: March 27, 2019

In November I purchased some bedroom furniture. The drawers started to give dust and I called Bob's Discount Furniture and filed a claim. They told me it wasn’t cover, since nothing was wrong in the fabrication. I already had a Goof plan and I called them and they told me they couldn’t do anything, since it’s not covered. Overall I wouldn’t recommend Bob's Discount Furniture because everything I’ve ever bought there it turn out bad and they don’t hold themselves responsible for their protection service we are paying for.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Purchased a bonded leather recliner in May, 2016 along with a 5 year ‘goof proof’ warranty. In February, 2019 we noticed that there were areas in the seat of the chair where the leather was peeling. Called the number on the warranty paperwork to file a claim and sent pictures of the damage via email. We were told that the damage was not covered because it was not accidental damage but normal wear and tear. So basically, we were fraudulently sold an additional warranty when Bob’s obviously knew this type of fabric would not hold up and they would not have to make good on our claim. The salesperson never said normal wear and tear was not covered. Had the damage occurred after 5 years it would be understandable as furniture does wear out but this chair is not even 3 years old.

Original review: March 22, 2019

Purchased a mattress and sales person advised the delivery team would take old mattress. He did not advise they would not take it if it was stained. The mattress is stained and delivery team did not take it. Left it up against my garage for me to get rid of it. The reason was they cannot put a dirty mattress with new furniture. The Salesman wrongfully influenced my purchase and I would have arranged to pick it up myself. I was very disappointed with how store Manager at Nesconset store treated me. He didn't return my calls and I had to take time out of my day to go to the store. He had some junior clerk call me to say they are not going to do anything because of the stain. The delivery team literally ran into their truck and left the scene. I have video of them running down my driveway. If you plan to buy anything from Bob's Furniture then just be careful. Ensure the sales person answers all your questions.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I purchased a set of power recliners which stopped working the day it was delivered. Bob’s scheduled a service person almost 10 days after the delivery, who came and said power button was faulty. They made us order the power button which was supposed to be shipped right away, but upon calling 3 days later we came to know they did not ship it yet. Finally, it was shipped and the part is yet to arrive. It has been close to a month since we paid and don’t have a working power recliner. I would never ever purchase at Bob's again. They have one of the worst customer service ever and will make you run from pillar to post to get your stuff.

Original review: March 21, 2019

I bought a sofa and love-seat 2/2018. We bought the goof proof and were told by the sales rep that whatever happened to the furniture we were guaranteed an exchange for 5 years. We are now here a year and 2 months later and there is a huge tear in the sofa, the pillows are coming out at the seams, etc. I called to file a claim and was told that it was not approved because it was not accidental damage. I called the store and they refuse to help. The last furniture we owned that was from an independent retailer lasted us 9 whole years and these only 1 year and 2 months with no help whatsoever in rectifying the issue. Please do yourselves a favor from headaches and heartaches. DON'T SHOP AT BOB'S!!!

Original review: March 20, 2019

I bought this fancy table, which I did not wanted since the beginning. The vendor that was helping us brainwashed my husband and offer to get the Goof Proof in case an accident. He kept insisting, I told him that is too fragile. Finally he convinced us to buy it and that the Goof Proof will cover for any damage (bull crap). So, We got the fricking table. Underneath the glass was accumulating a lot of dirt and dust. We remove the glass to clean underneath and we were not able to put back the glass because it was not fitting in. Called Goof Proof, they sent a technician which was not able to put the glass back either and wrote on the claim that there was water damage to the table, which it was no water damage because we have 2 dining room set and barely use the fancy table. I do not recommend to buy furniture in this store, customer service don't help, Goof Proof is a waste of money, the furniture quality is awful. Don't waste your money here.

Original review: March 19, 2019

My mother has had great experiences shopping at Bob's, so when I got my first apartment, I decided to get my furniture from here. Big mistake. This place is terrible. First, the night before my furniture was delivered, I received a call from the store at 2030, an hour and a half before they closed, stating that I would not be receiving my headboard and footboard to my bedroom set because they did not get the shipment they were expecting from the vendor. During that phone call, not only did the manager I spoke to never apologize for the inconvenience after I chose to spend thousands of dollars with their company, he kept saying this almost never happens.

Since doing my own research into Bob's after having to deal with that, I have discovered that was a lie; this has happened to plenty of people with a now negative opinion of Bob's Discount Furniture. I receive the rest of my furniture the following day and another piece to my bedroom set, the chest, is damaged. I set that up to be exchanged when I get my head and footboard on March the 22nd and today I receive a phone call saying once again they did not receive the shipment from the vendor that they were supposed to. If I was not officially moving into my apartment in 2 days, I would send everything back and get a refund. I have been inconvenienced twice by this company. I will never buy anything from them ever again and I advise anyone reading this not to either.

Original review: March 15, 2019

Buyer beware when it comes to Bob's Discount Furniture, bought a bedroom set 2 months ago. 5 deliveries later 2 repairs later they finally canceled the mirror which matches the set. The customer service is horrible. The warehouse is horrible, they actually called me to cancel an order at 9:30 pm on a Thursday night. I will never purchase another item from them and will tell everyone I know to beware of their practices.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information