1.40/5
  • 1 star
Based on 283 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Bob's Discount Furniture

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Jan. 16, 2018

1110 Bob's Discount Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I purchased an adjustable bed and nine inch memory foam mattress, with a mattress cover/protector, as well as a full bedroom set for a guest room, as well as an office desk for my fiancee. Besides issues with broken desk and threats to charge me extra to deliver a replacement desk, the mattress cover, which cost $69, is now falling apart. We were told when we purchased the cover that it can be replaced every six months. I called Bob's and was hung up on once, then called again and placed on hold for twenty minutes. Used the chat feature and was given the number for FabriTech. I called FabriTech and sat on hold for ten minutes after hitting the customer service number. After ten minutes they played a message saying "welcome" and offering another number for customer service.

I hit it again and waited ten more minutes. There was one message saying "one caller ahead" and then another saying you can leave a message if you want to. Why would I leave a message if there is only ONE caller ahead. After another long wait I got a message saying leave a message. What kind of ** make you wait over twenty minutes and then say leave a message? I am sure they will not get back to me, although I left my number three times in my message. We need to stand outside of Bob's and tell customers to stay away. They need to be shut down - scum of the earth!!!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I purchased the Reclining Sofa & Power Reclining Loveseat from Bob's for $3000+. My sofa was discolored and teared in just in few months. I tried to call Bob's with my concerns, but they were not addressed, but rather I was turned down as I had not purchased the insurance. The Bob's couldn't strive for the quality for their product or tried to address consumers concerns.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Jan. 14, 2018

I purchased 2 very expensive leather power recliner sofas for both of my sons' new apartments and within 2 years they started peeling! I also purchased warranty which they would not honor when my sons called to complain. This also happened to one of my sons' friends who also purchased this sofa. Total for both was over $2600.00. I would never go back to this store and purchase a doormat.

Original review: Jan. 13, 2018

The fiasco started a year ago. I purchased a bedroom set for my daughter. It was delivered almost 3 weeks later, broken!!! Both side panels were delivered split in half!!! Waited another 2 weeks for new panels, they were delivered, but with no screws!! Waited another 2 weeks before they finally put her bed up. 10 months later the side panels split almost in half, the drawer was misaligned and so it came off the hinges, the desk legs were loose which made the desk wobbly.

At first they said it wasn't covered. Then only after it was deemed a manufacturing defect, did they agree to fix it. When I mean fix it, they sent some drawers that didn't even go with the set and nothing else!!! So finally they said they would replace it, something that should have been done in the first place!!! Bob's Discount furniture is TERRIBLE! And the Goof Proof Warranty is also a joke!!! Please do not order anything from these people! I wish I would have googled their name first!!! But I will do everything I can so that other people aren't duped the way I was!!!

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

This place is a complete nightmare. Don't ever purchase from this place ever unless you want defective furniture that is not the same furniture as in the store when it arrives, the customer service department is useless and never helps anyone, and nobody is helpful. Nevermind the fact that I paid a lot of money to furnish my house 7 months ago and I still have no furniture in my home that I paid for, they are robbers. Liars and foreigners. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM!!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 11, 2018

I purchased a Mercury power recliner 2 years ago. After less than 1 year the power stopped working. They sent a technician out who said it needed a part and it would take 3 months. After calling customer service and threatening to sue... they replaced the chair. Less than a year later the same problem occurred. This time however the chair froze in the fully reclined position. I suffered a severely sprained wrist, a wrenched back, a twisted ankle and neck injuries from a fall after having to climb out of the chair. There was no other way to get out of the chair. This time I'm not even bothering with customer service... I am filing a law suit over the safety issue with the chair as well as personal injuries.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2018

Purchased a “leather” sofa from Bob's about 2 years ago and it is already falling apart, and peeling. I had a warranty and they refused to honor it. They acknowledged the sofa was defective, poorly made and was discontinued because of it. I highly advise staying away from Bob's like the plague.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2018

I am a single guy that never turns down advice as far as the decor of my home. Ammara ** is the salesperson that I had the pleasure of doing business with. There was no pressure by Ammara to steer me toward expensive items, or anything that I disliked. Instead I felt that I had known Ammara for years and I felt very comfortable with her. While at BoB's I was not followed around by a salesperson like a little puppy dog, which is what happened at another store. I am very happy with my purchase and the service that I received. BoB's Discount Furniture is very lucky to have a young lady like Ammara, because she makes a person feel right at home. I have been to other furniture stores but none can match Bob's, in price and super friendly staff. I will send family, friends to BoB's. Thank you BoB'S and Ammara.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I purchased the goof proof warranty to cover my furniture. They make it sound like it's the best thing to buy but it's not when it's time to use the warranty. They Daniel everything. Also when you call customer service is terrible. You're on hold at least 30 min before you get to speak to anyone. I will never buy from them again. If you decide to buy there don't buy the warranty it's a scam. My daughter bed broke cause she was playing on it. I removed it from the room so they said I moved the furniture so it disqualified the warranty. So I just decided to toss it out.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

I ordered a Credenza from Bob's Discount Furniture on 12-27-2017. I was told that I would be receiving a phone call on 1-3-18 or 1-4-18 regarding pick-up. On 1-4-2018, I was informed that the Credenza was in the Store and could be picked up that day at our convenience. Customer Service was excellent from everyone in the store from sales, office, warehouse/delivery. The credenza was professionally packed with the proper packing material. No assembly needed. The credenza was not damaged. Highly Recommended Store: Bob's Discount Furniture.

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

1st time purchaser of two faux leather power recliners from Bob's in Woodbridge, New Jersey. The both chairs have had to be replaced for a total of four times. Now, the newest replacement if not working at all. It is stuck in the open position and I almost killed myself getting out of the chair. The ideal situation is that they take both chairs back and give me a full refund (back to my credit card). I have never had so much trouble with furniture and have never been so inconvenienced with the breakdown of both chairs. Even the auto industry has a lemon law!

I have been trying to send corporate an email but no one will give me their address. I will now send to the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs. Bottom line is... I want two working chairs that I can use and not have to be on the phone every two months because one of the chairs has stopped working, is peeling. My time is just as important as the time spent sending out repairmen, delivery personnel and customer service phone calls. CAN ANYONE OUT THERE HELP ME!

Original review: Jan. 6, 2018

Me and my girlfriend ordered a living room set... And when it was delivered the guys destroyed the baseboard heating by dropping what look like the leg of the couch on it and didn't say nothing... SMH... $750.00 in repairs... The guys that delivered the furniture knew what they had did... Never again...

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Ordered $4,500 worth of new furniture from Bob's in Farmingdale N.Y on 10/9/2017 which included 2 new beds, king mattress, 2 full mattress, 2 foundation. First deliver when my bed was put together workers stripped the screws and couldn't straighten bed, took pictures and told me I would get a new bed. After 10 day called Bob's. Said they had to send a someone here to try to fix. Took more pictures. After not hearing from Bob's I called back and arguing, Bob's would not allow me to speak to a supervisor, I was told a new bed would come. Delivery came and the team could not take apart my bed because the screws were stripped. Took pictures again. After a week of not hearing from Bob's went into store and spoke to Anil, store manager Over 1 hour, Anil called Corporate and they told him customer will take bed apart, and Jenny corporate manager would call us back.

After fighting to have a new team come and take bed apart on 12/13/17 service man came in and took old bed apart and when he called to make sure new bed was coming with a new foundation because a nail was coming through foundation they told serviceman my delivery was cancelled. After calling and fighting, Heidi from corporate sent a new bed but no foundation. Calling Anil back and explaining my situation and telling me that he would do something for me when this is all over. Bed came and still not impressed but I accepted it. Now calling back. They want to send another inspector to see foundation again which they already took pictures of.

After one hour of negotiation Bob's set up another date to bring foundation. Took off another day and they brought me the wrong foundation. 6 times took apart my bed. Took off work. Trying to remain calm. Called back. Told me to go to store to reorder. After fighting that I would not return to store and I need to speak to someone else Clarissa agreed to send my king size foundation. On12/21/17, Not one phone call from anyone. Called Anil back 3 times to discuss some kind of reimbursement and received nothing back at this time. Sad how all I wanted is to be happy with Bob's and they did nothing to do this for me. Really bad customer service. Would love to hear from Bob himself. I think 7 times to get a delivery correct is unfair and countless hours on the phone, being offered no support, who is going to pay me for Bob's mistakes.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2018

Purchased the protection plan for my sofa and coffee table after being told it was great, it covered everything. My coffee table broke within 6 months of owning it and when I filed a claim it was denied by both the insurance and by Bob's Discount warranty. My sofa had damage from my three year old son and again my claim was denied. Never purchase a product from Bob's Discount Furniture or any protection plan from any company that is through Guardian Insurance.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2018

Bought the Jennings Power Reclining Sofa from Bob's in March 2016. Two weeks ago I went to sit down on my couch and the cushion behind me snapped and the bottom part where the cushion and sofa connect broke (I am average size). Called Bob's the next day to let them know what happened. It's been 2 weeks and no one has done anything. A technician from Guardian came to my apartment to look at it, he said it was not something that could be repaired and the couch had to be replaced. He also said it wasn't a manufacturer issue. Called Guardian and they said that they can't do anything and if I would have tripped on my rug and fell onto the couch they could have replaced it. I was told when I purchased my couch and the goof proof plus warranty that any damage that happens to the couch will be fixed or my couch will be replaced once, as long as I know exactly what happened to it. They have been falsely advertising their warranty.

I went in the other day to try to actually speak to the manager since he won't return my phone calls and I heard a salesman say the same thing. Any damage will be covered for 5 years as long as you have the warranty. Bob's furniture is a joke. I will never buy anything from there again. $1000 after the couch and the warranty and now that money is wasted. Don't ever buy anything from Bob's. They falsely advertise. The customer care workers are even worse. Asked to speak to a supervisor, waited 30 mins and then she told me she can't do anything for me. I'm not letting this go. They need to do something. Only person who was helpful was the store manager who has been trying to contact corporate to see what they can do (or so he says).

Just found all of my paperwork and it says specifically that the "breakage of frames, springs, sleeper, reclining, heating, and vibrating mechanisms." This clearly was an accident. I did not break my couch on purpose. The only thing I will be happy with is a full refund. Don't go to Bob's to waste your money on junk furniture and have salespeople lie straight to your face. (Also in the attached image the broken part of the couch is leaning on a box, it hangs all the way down to the floor).

Original review: Dec. 31, 2017

I cannot believe the individual that they sent out to repair our furniture. Young and nothing to cover his wet/snow covered shoes. He stood on my new rug with these shoes on. His repair of the chair was unprofessional and careless. The delivery person who brought the chair to exchange with mine was able to fix my chair in less than 3 minutes... Does that tell you something? Now I am waiting for a part for the sofa/recliner for a USB port that is not working. I will definitely request that the previous repair tech not be sent out. I would like someone different.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2017

Worst customer experience ever. Mattress which cost $100 to deliver could have fit in the back of my car had I known it was a roll of foam. Completely misshaped. Customer service stated I needed to wait for 30 days for it to realize it's full shape! After I stated that was not going to happen, my child needed a mattress to sleep on, not a mangled piece of foam. The customer service agent told me that is their policy and is clearly stated on the receipt then he hung up on me. I was duped by clever advertising and thought I would try to save $ on a mattress that "Bob" said to compare to a Tempur-Pedic. What a total sham and shady business.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2017

We purchased bunk beds in November, for our granddaughter's Christmas gift, they were to be delivered and set up a week later. When the delivery people came they did not have the hardware for the bunk beds. We had to schedule another delivery date, a week and a half later. For the week and a half we were waiting, the boxes that the beds came in had to stay in my granddaughters' room, they are three years and four years old. When the delivery people showed up the second time, they didn't have the hardware for the bunk bed stairs. They also found that the first delivery team had damaged one of the rails for the beds. We decided to cancel the order and asked the delivery people to take the beds back.

My daughter-in-law spoke with someone at the warehouse and was told they could not take them back because there was no room in the delivery truck. That person, whose name was Kara was extremely rude and hung up on her. The giant boxes were left there for another week until they could be picked up. I was told the money would be refunded immediately into my account as soon as the beds were picked up, it took 10 days! I had to call the store at least 6 times and it took forever to get someone on the phone. I spoke with three different managers in the Worcester store but none of them followed up with anything. This was the worst experience I have ever had with a furniture store!!!

Original review: Dec. 26, 2017

We purchased a 3 piece reclining chair loveseat and sofa, salesperson said that they will all wear great. Just in case we got the warranty, because you never know. In June we noticed that the on seat on the sofa was sunken and looked 10 years old. So the tech comes out looks at it orders a spring, and leaves abruptly. I find out that the part is on backorder won't be in until October. Call on October part is still on backorder should be in December. The part finally comes in set up an appointment, the technician shows up same technician that was here in June, has no idea why they sent a spring and cannot fix the sofa.

After speaking to many many managers they decided that they would send a manager out to look at the sofa. Lo and behold no manager was coming out it was the same tech that was out both times who I told them I did not want him back again. With my time spent on hold I reviewed all the customer complaints about Bob's, I wish I would have reviewed them before I made the purchases. Like I said to the many managers that I spoke to instead of saying I can't you should say I will and rectify the problem. It's amazing all the money that they spend on Advertising when in doubt all they want is your money and when they get it you're at their Mercy. I hope Bob's reads this, again I am just a working man like everybody else on here hoping that the furniture last a long time not 2 to 3 years. Shame on you Bob's.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

A mattress was delivered to my house. The driver took possession of old mattress by removing it from my residence. Which was assumed to be put on truck and taken away. My husband came home from the mattress was outside the drivers left it behind. We called an were told it had a stain and we don't them. They did not inform us of this. They took it out and hid the fact they were not taking. They took possession of this it now belongs to them. They need to come and dispose of this mattress.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2017

Bob's is running a scam by selling protection services. It's the worst experience I have. I have purchased table and chair from Bob's also bought their protection services including accidental damage. Please be aware they will not cover anything. Dont waste your money. First call, after 20 min and answering many questions Bob's just dropped the call - no follow up no communication. Second try to call them holding 40 min - still holding and then hang up. 3rd call, I got thru and I was told it will not be covered since I mention damage probably from the keys in my pocket and not 100% sure. They have denied since I said not 100% sure and that was the only info in the report although I have repeatedly said most probably damage from the keys in my pocket. Worst company, I will never buy from them. Dishonest business practice.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I purchased a sofa and loveseat set and it was delivered to our home. I had made it clear it was for our vacation home (which was too far for them to deliver) when I purchased it., We paid to rent a truck and hired some local people to help us move it in. After two weekends of use (one month after we purchased it) the sofa is now broke with a spring coming through the back. I called Bob's to discuss as I purchased a warranty... Not only was the woman completely rude, but I am now being told they will not come there and repair it. I will NEVER purchase anything there again and I hope no one else has to go through the same experience I had.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

Bought a goof proof warranty with my sectional. Salesman said they would cover accidental damage. Filed a claim for mildew UNDER the pull out sofa and they denied it because I didn't know what had caused it. Bait & switch... They sell you one product and basically LIE about what will be covered. I will never spend another penny in Bob's. They just don't care about their customers.

Original review: Dec. 19, 2017

I need a recliner because of several medical reasons. I tried the recliner and the salesperson said, "you don't look very comfortable." I said that maybe when I receive the chair I could adjust it to better fit me. I cannot adjust the chair to fit me. I have to have 2 pillows behind my back. I went in to the store thinking the store would take the chair back. I can have the chair picked up and told me I can have a store credit until Jan 4th. I tried the other chairs and could not find one that would fit my medical needs. I am very disappointed. I am a senior on a fixed income and don't want to keep a chair I can't. I also can't buy another because Bob's has my money and won't return it. A store credit is no good to me.The only thing I need is a recliner. I was not told about the return policy. I was just told to sign a paper. Very unhappy and will never do business at Bob's. Not sure if the 3 day policy is still in effect.

Original review: Dec. 17, 2017

Hassle free extended warranty - Brought a sectional couch in 2015. Started peeling and falling apart after 1 year. Called the customer service center. Got a detailed email to send photos of the damage with a guaranteed response in 3-5 business days. It's been 2 weeks. Nothing. Called the customer service number and was told, "There is nothing we can do, we will send an email to that department of and you have to wait an additional 3 days for a response". Saying I am irate is putting it mildly. Never again. Stay away from this furniture store. The customer service is a joke. To take your money it takes seconds. To get help it takes weeks... Horrible customer service...

Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

In 2013 bought a couch ottoman and chair. It was called the Maggie. Purchase it in chocolate color. Within the year couch fallen apart. The cushions spring are coming thru. Couch looks like I had it for 20 yrs or more. Would never purchase anything from them again. Very poorly made. And I paid cash. They also delivered me the wrong size couch. Had to send it back for right size.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

First off I want to say Bob's Furniture is a joke and their Goof Proof warranty as well. I have bought thousands of dollars worth of merchandise from them and every time I would use the Goof Proof warranty. It gets denied. I have gotten damaged items that were delivered. I have gotten items that didn't last for 3 months at some point and I would call them and have a service person come out to figure out if a part is needed or needs to be replaced.

The major one I cannot get away from at all is their horrible mattresses. I have been through all of their mattresses under the warranty and they are junk. Within 2 or 3 months I have had them replace for like 3 years now. There is no support whatsoever. It's like you end up sleeping in a crater. Both myself and husband cannot sleep on it due to me waking up and not being able to move because of how bad my back hurts. I can't bend or even breath sometimes without being in excruciating pain. Do not buy anything from Bob's. Everything is cheaply made and the Goof Proof warranty is a joke.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2017

Please do yourself a favor and do not buy anything from BOB'S. Save yourself a headache and pain dealing with this people. I don't know how hard is to buy a simple bed until I went to this store. It take 4 delivers and still bring the wrong sets. Multiples calls to customer service. A pain in the behind and they never fix the problem. I finish cancel the complete order. And I never never ever going back to any Bob's store. Please trust me when I told you save time and money in another store. Run.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

I was so excited and pleased with the selection at Bob's Discount Furniture. Until I had to deal with their customer service department. The first time I had to speak to them because I had received a text earlier that week that my furniture was going to be delivered on Saturday. Then there was no message with a time so I called. Their customer service department said they had no record of my delivery and that there was “nothing that they can do except fill out a form.” I asked for a manager and waited over 30 min only for him not to be able to help me and also no apology just a "There’s nothing that we can do and a Happy Holidays ma’am." I went to the store and the manager was helpful.

Today my delivery came. Again an item sent back damaged and now they're saying two weeks for my delivery. I said this is unacceptable because by the time that I get my furniture it will be a month later. Customer service says this is all they can do so I should take it. I said, "It’s okay. I’ll go to the store and speak to a manager." She was upset and said, "There is nothing the manager can do for a deliver other then look at her same screen" but if I don’t want to schedule with her she will notate that. I said this is fine. I went back to the store and spoke with the manager. He was extremely apologetic and scheduled my delivery once again. Customer service really needs to work on their people skills and how to resolve the problem instead of combative. This has been a horrible experience for something that began with excitement about my new furniture.

Original review: Dec. 9, 2017

Drawers in bed were damaged upon delivery and required a second delivery date to install the broken parts. The new parts were in the wrong color and size, and could not be installed. Customer service was inflexible on scheduling dates and could only confirm two weeks in the future for a delivery time that met my schedule. Defective products should be prioritized in resolution to ensure customer satisfaction. I’m spending too much time waiting for the delivery trucks each weekend for this to be effective.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information

www.mybobs.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use