1.41/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Bob's Discount Furniture

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 18, 2017

1029 Bob's Discount Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

I purchased an entertainment center and Black leather reclining couch. The entertainment was set up and damaged from day 1. Door didn't slide on barn door style center and major gouge in wood. Was told they would send out a tech. Long story short a credit was given 20% of value. 320.00 or close to. Ok great, not so much. Credit never shows up in their "State of Art" technology computer system. I then get 4 calls after resolution asking me to take delivery of my replacement furniture. In which I explained I'm suppose to have a credit and accepted the damaged center just so I don't have to deal with them. Well I'm still fighting for credit, everyone is lost and my story could go on. Bob is a liar, period. He doesn't care about his customers. Evidently. Sad sad sad. Stay away. NEVER WILL I BUY ANOTHER ITEM AND I'LL BE TELLING EVERYONE I KNOW SAME!!!

Original review: Oct. 18, 2017

We ordered a bed from Bob's. It was scheduled to be delivered on 10/17/2017 between the hours of 4:15 and 8:15 pm. At 4 pm, my husband and I tested the doorbell to make sure it worked and in fact it did. At 6pm, Bob's still was not here but it was getting dark so we turned on all outside lights and many indoor lights. At 6:20pm, I went out to drop one of my daughters off at gymnastics. My husband, who works from home, was here along with an adult friend and my other daughter. When I was coming home around 6:45pm I saw a Bob's truck parked on the side of the road adjacent to mine with no lights on at all. I assumed the truck was for us and the workers may have been taking a dinner break. I drove by the truck and then took a right onto my street and drove 2 houses down to my house.

I went into the house and my husband informed me he received 3 calls from 3 different numbers while I was gone but he was on the other line and could not answer the calls. My husband said he tried calling back the 3 numbers - one was a recording for a logistics company. Another number he called back a male actually picked up the phone and when my husband said he had received a call from him about a delivery, the male man said my husband had the wrong number and hung up. I immediately informed him of the Bob's truck I saw parked on not our street, but the street adjacent to ours. My husband said he would go out the front door and check it out.

When my husband walked out the front door, he saw a man dressed all in black and who was a ** man, taking pictures of our house from the sidewalk in front our house near the mailbox. I think the man taking the pictures was shocked to see my husband come out the front door and see him taking pictures of our house. The man had walked from the Bob's truck that was not parked on our street in front of house, to take pictures. The man taking the pictures then said to my husband he was going to get the driver and to keep the door open. My husband told him they would be coming in the front door. My husband came back in the house and we waited for the truck to come but the truck never come with our bed. After 15 minutes, at around 7:00pm, the adult friend who was at our house, left and drove by where the Bob's truck was parked. She called us and said the truck was gone. So now we have no bed and the truck left. Very shady men!!!

So I call Bob's directly and spoke to a manager and he took down all my info and I told him everything. I asked if they could call the delivery men and tell them to come back because it was only 7:15 pm and we were still within the time frame they gave us for delivery. He told me to contact customer care and they could track the phone numbers down and maybe see where the truck was. I called customer care and told the guy there the whole story as well and he actually had the picture of my house that the delivery man took and was describing my house to me. He also told me what the delivery guy wrote up. The delivery guys said that there was no one home, that he rang the doorbell, and the house was dark. These were not true and the guy from customer care could see that it was lie because he could see in the picture all the lights on.

I asked this guy from customer care to send the delivery men back. I said this is a big inconvenience because we were here the whole time. I said the delivery men are shady, liars, and should be fired because they were billing the company for time they were not working and did not do their job of delivering my bed in the time frame and date that was scheduled. For some reason these delivery men did not want to work anymore. I now have to wait another 4 days for another delivery. Bob's delivery is shady. I am now going to think twice about ordering furniture from Bob's Discount Furniture. BEWARE!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

I bought a power reclining sofa 2 years ago and paid extra for the Goof Proof. Recently, I noticed that some sections were sinking. Tech came and assess. He said that the spring popped out. After 2 days, a representative called and told me it's not covered under the manufacturer warranty. She told me that I can pay for the parts or I can contact Guardian, I think that's the Goof Proof company. Unfortunately, Goof Proof told me it's not covered because it was not due to an accident. I did not do anything special with this furniture except sit on it. So if it's not a defect, then their products are just probably below standard. I'm looking at the reviews and there were a lot of similar complaints.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2017

I purchased a love seat a year ago. My experience with Guardian Protection Plan was dismal. I explained this to the manager, Christy, and she swapped out the damaged love seat for a new one. Sebastian ** was VERY patient with me, as I kept changing my mind on the choice after he would complete the paperwork then have to re-do. Thanks Bob's Discount Furniture. You WILL be seeing me again.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

We recently purchased a sectional and bed from Bob's Discount Furniture. The initial delivery came without the bed's frame and the corner of the sectional was faulty - it sat way lower than the rest of the sofa. We had to call several days in a row and wait over 20 minutes for someone from Customer service to answer. After having a technician come out to check the issue, they sent us a new replacement piece 2 weeks later. When that piece came it had a huge piece of metal sticking out of it.

The delivery person told us there was nothing he could do and if I removed the metal it would cancel my warranty. He told me to call customer service again. The piece of metal is sharp and dangerous to my kids. We've had to cover it with tape. Besides all these issues - worst of all the furniture is cheaply made, fabric is already peeling and unraveling, and the wood frame is so cheap it is starting to show through the fabric. Do NOT buy from Bob's. The quality of furniture is awful. It's cheap for a reason.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

My wife and I visited Bob's Discount Furniture/GARBAGE at King of Prussia location on 8/2/2015. We purchased the Maggie chocolate loveseat and the Maggie Chocolate Queen sleeper and also purchased the Goof Proof kit for a total of $1,439.47... After a few months the cushions became very uncomfortable to sit on. You're getting poked with Springs and they are all lumpy looking. I contacted the King of Prussia store spoke with someone and explain the situation and they ordered me new seat cushions.

A few months after I contacted the store and they said they ordered me a new cushions they check my order and said the cushions are on backorder so I told him this is ridiculous that their Furniture is garbage and a customer service sucks so they offered me some money back plus I would still get my cushions. So I took some money back then after another month or so now you can't even sit on the sofas. Too uncomfortable to sit on because there are no cushions left destroyed. I called again to see where my cushions are, they said that my cushion order was canceled because I received a partial refund after I confirmed that I would still get my cushions if I got refund and they said yes I will still receive my cushions. So I argued some more with the customer service and they ordered me more cushions for my sofa. Today's date is October 6th 2017 and I'm still waiting on those cushions.

I ended up spending $550 hours to get foam cut to fit inside the cushion cases at a Furniture upholsterer so I can use my sofa and loveseat. The furniture is cheap for a reason made overseas with crappy materials. We have friends that also bought Furniture there that had nothing but issues with Bob's Discount Furniture. The reviews about the furniture being JUNK is true. They might have flashy stores flashy commercials but the furniture is JUNK. As soon as they sell it to you they washed her hands off you and do not back their products. They give you a runaround and said, "I'm sorry. I can't do anything for you." So you're stuck with that junk furniture that you spent hard-earned money on hoping it holds up for a while so you can buy some good stuff when you save up some money again. I do not recommend anybody buying anything from the store. Can't wait till they go out of business.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2017

Went to purchase a bed and mattress, when I went to pay I advised the phone # is old and has changed. The clerk ignored me. I completed my purchase and when I got home it was missing the legs to the backboard. I live 15 min away from the store. I got home and noticed something was missing. I call the center and spoke to an Ashley who stated the legs were not given to me and I needed to drive back there (mind you I am 8 months pregnant). I stated, "Ok so now I have to drive back there. What type of compensation do I get for your dept screw up?" She stated, "All I can do is give you a 25.00 gift card." So I drive back there to only get the legs and don't even get the gift card and not only that the bed frame had a piece of the wood chipped off. Not very happy with the service I received at Bob's Outlet.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

I brought about 8000 $ furniture from Bob's from Monmouth Junction, NJ. After 3 year one bed got broken suddenly during normal days. I was shocked. I called to customer service department. They so were rude to me. I have been told that whatever part has been broken, please give it to me I will pay. I got answered that, this product discontinued. "If you are not satisfied then next time you can buy from somewhere else." I did not got any refund or reimbursement. I just simply insulted. I request all the buyer please find some other place if possible rather than going to Bob's. Looks like their all furniture is very poor quality and customer service is sucks. Since it was before 3 years, I thrown all the documents and receipt.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We purchased the furniture (BRAVA SOFA SET) + GOOF proof worth $2000 with an assurance that it will cover all the manufacturing defects. The furniture that was delivered was pretty bad quality because the cushion started to bubble up and when someone sits it completely sinks in. And 2 weeks back I hurt my back pretty bad so then I called the customer service regarding the issue and they sent the technician to look into it.

Unfortunately, the guy spent barely 5 mins and was least bothered to check in completely and wrote a report saying this is not manufacturing defect and he cannot do anything about the cushion. And called the customer service again and I was stuck on a call with 3 diff people going over the same issue for about an hour or so with no solution for the issue. They don't want to fix it either or replace it with something else. I'm really unhappy with the quality of the furniture and the customer service. Not sure having this bad quality furniture what causes next.

Original review: Oct. 6, 2017

We diligently searched furniture stores for the furniture that best suited us, and our budget. We settled on a couch, love seat, and recliner chair. I was very comfortable making this purchase as knowing someone would come out and repair whatever breaks or gets damaged seemed great. We happily paid for the warranty. Well, I thought I asked all the right questions however, it never dawned on me to ask how long parts take to come in when needed.

I am actually on hold with a representative from corporate customer care right now as I was told my couch cushion (one has sunk two inches below the others) will not be until after January! Three months! I'm stunned. This set is ten months old. This should not have happened and waiting a quarter of a year for the part is outrageous. I asked for a new couch, just take this and replace it. I was told that according to the contract that I signed, I had to go the repair route first. We bought a whole living room and dining room set and were planning on bedroom sets eventually. I cannot express how disappointed I am. I feel swindled and will never buy from this company again.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

I have run out of channels to address the damages to my daughter’s house by Bob’s Furniture delivery service (Sheckleford and Simmons LLC subcontractor to XpoLogistics which is a first tier sub to Bob’s Discount furniture). My daughter and her fiancé, had purchased a couch along with kitchen furniture and chair from the Bob’s Discount Furniture location in Langhorne, PA. Due to the sofa arriving damaged Bob’s agreed to replace the damaged sofa, however, the replacement sofa also arrived damaged with a large slash at the top of the sofa.

On the third attempt August 25th, 2017 the sofa arrived not damaged, however Bob’s delivery company damaged the house, including the banister, wall, and front door maneuvering the couch into the house. The damage was immediately reported to Bob’s customer care along with pictures of the damage. A claim was filed with Bob’s and contractor’s estimate furnished at $1,175 to make the repairs.

Almost six weeks later Bob’s has not made restitution for the damages caused by their subcontracted delivery service. Instead through a series of e-mails and phone calls from Consumer Relations I have been directed to deal with Bob’s subcontracted furniture delivery service and/or wait for phone calls from insurance adjusters that never materialize. I am frustrated and confused by these actions. We have no privity with the delivery company that Bob uses to deliver the purchased furniture. I do know we paid $190 for the furniture to be delivered.

We are only asking that Bob’s make good on the damages they caused. Three days of work were lost waiting for the deliveries due to the merchandise arriving damaged. Additionally the delivery on August 25th, 2017 was three hours after the four hour window provided, however she is only asking that the damages are repaired.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

BY FAR THE WORST!!! I purchased a bedroom a year ago, the nightstand just bubbled and cracked. It’s totally a defect!!! Well the warranty company declined my claim, saying it was a gouge and to follow through w/ the goof proof... IT WAS NOT GOUGED or I would have went right to Guardian (which I have)! So a sales associate I spoke to told me to lie and say you damaged it... BUT I DIDN'T!!! So I submitted my pictures and YEP it was declined and noted it was a manufacture defect...

So I called customer service and spoke to a Carmen and she was SOOO RUDE!!! She said it was an accident and Guardian is responsible... I tried to explain to her I DID NOTHING to the furniture. It clearly is a defect, she basically told me I was screwed and hung up on me!!! I WILL NEVER buy from here again and I still need more furniture... Product is so cheap and they won’t take responsibility and the rudeness from customer service was horrendous. And to boot they told me to LIE to get it covered... So disappointed with my entire experience with this company… NEVER AGAIN.

Original review: Oct. 4, 2017

Customer service gives a different answer every time I call, failure to rectify the situation after selling me a defective bed. I have had to call over 12 times and am still not sure what to do. I am highly disappointed and do not recommend.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2017

Horrible experience. Steve, the salesperson in the Paramus store is the one who helped us out. We've been reaching out to customer service for WEEKS after purchasing our product. We purchased a coffee table, dining table, and sofas. The second day we used coasters before putting a cup on the marble table and it left a ring stain on both dining and coffee tables. We tried reaching out to customer service for weeks, on hold for hours, and no response. We contacted the store and Steve and he said he contacted the general manager and the general manager sent out an email to customer service regarding the issue and that customer service will get in touch with me. 2 months I've been waiting with no response.

I finally got in contact yesterday with customer service and they said there was nothing they can do about the issue because the general manager never reached out to them and annotated the concerns. The representative was very unprofessional about the issue and was extremely nasty over the phone. NEVER purchasing from them again! I have a voicemail from Steve stating all of this information yet he told customer service otherwise. Terrible liars, do not purchase from Bob's, especially the Paramus, NJ location!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2017

Very disappointed with the quality of the furniture and the reality that the company doesn't care about the quality of the brand. We purchased a 5 piece sectional in 2011 based on the sales person's representation that the covering was very durable. After only 5 years, the covering has de-laminated and peeled off of the backing material so it's shedding and looks terrible. It wouldn't be as bad if the sales reps stated that the product would probably only last 4 or 5 years. But when you represent that it's very durable and yet it deteriorates in just 5 years, that's a different story. Unfortunately, Bob's doesn't stand behind their product. I will not recommend the brand in the future and will never shop there again.

Original review: Sept. 27, 2017

Well we bought 3000 dollars of furniture and new bed & mattresses. No hardware to put bed together, no bed frame. Had to come back to store three times to get the right bolts. Finally they told me to get them and they would reimburse me for the hardware. I needed 14 inches & half bolts lock washers and flat washers and six & half bolts and lock washers & flat washers. Beside that I was on hold 15 to 20 minutes three times. Between gas tolls and my time they are a joke. I was in business 35 years. Never treated people like that.

The lady in discount dept talk to me like I was stupid. She said I should have open the big medal box frame & made sure it was in there before I left the store. I buy what I need at Home Depot tomorrow and pay for it, and never shop at Bob's Discount Furniture, and make sure my friends don't shop there. I never complain about anything before but they really have me upset. The owner of that place should go undercover. What a shock he will be in for. They all pass the buck & the customer just gets more frustrated. Bob's discount furniture is dead to this Vietnam vet.

Original review: Sept. 19, 2017

WORST EXPERIENCE EVER - STAY AWAY!! We bought one of their PREMIUM 100% Mahogany bedroom sets for our guest room. WHAT A MISTAKE!! We thought buying their premium line we would get a better product... NO. We had to send back the HEADBOARD back three (3X) before we got one that was satisfactory, the bedroom set was missing two screw on "ball" feet, the footboard came damaged also with an actual piece CRACKED OFF and the mattress support slats were very light and soft wood that would Not support a mattress & box spring. Instead we had to get a traditional metal bed frame and fit that inside the mattress area. WE PAID EXTRA FOR THE "GOOF PROOF PLUS" Bob's Warranty BUT they said we used up our warranty on the headboard and REFUSED to do anything further.

SO LET'S RECAP - We bought their better Premium bedroom set, it arrived with a damaged headboard, damaged footboard rail, missing feet (legs), and bed slats that were such cheap wood they would Not hold the weight of a mattress and had to "Jerry-Rig" a metal frame so we can still use the bed. I WISH I READ THE REVIEWS ON BOB'S BEFORE I BOUGHT THERE!! BTW, "Bob Kaufman" no longer owns Bob's. He is only the spokesperson now. Company is owned by BAIN CAPITAL, a venture capital firm that buys and sells companies like you change socks. No heart, no soul, just out to take your money.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2017

I am extremely unhappy with my furniture purchase. I bought the Discovery power reclining sofa and loveseat. I also bought the goof proof protection plan. My salesperson did not give me a write-up on the plan, told me it would cover everything and they keep records now on the computer so you were all set. So we bought it. 11 months later I noticed 4 small holes in the fabric. I called the number on my receipt for the protection plan and they asked me what happened. I told them I have no idea. I walked into my family room one day and noticed the holes. I sent them a picture and they denied the claim. I talked to the manager and he told me to call Bob's and see if they would cover it because it looked like the fabric was bad. I called Bob's and after being on hold forever they told me to send them a picture.

They also denied the claim and told me if I bought the protection plan to call them. They have both put it off onto the other one and neither one will fix it. The protection company told me the reason why they denied the claim was because I did not know how it happened. If I told them I had a 3 year old and he stabbed the couch with a pencil they would fix it. But since I did not know they will not. No one told me ahead of time I had to make up a story to have it fixed. I was being honest. So I basically paid the $129.99 for nothing. The quality of the fabric is extremely poor. I would not recommend this couch to anyone and I would recommend you never buy the protection plan.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2017

I purchase a mattress with a twenty year warranty and was told wherever I go I'm covered, under my warranty and that's incorrect. Please pay close attention to whatever you're being told by the store employees, because you may end up in my situation or worse. The mattress started falling apart, which I contacted the Bob’s store and was told I have to bring the mattress back to NY. On Friday 1st September, 2017 a gentleman came to the house and took picture the mattress, and stated I will hear from a representative of the Bob’s store in reference to the mattress within 48 hours. NO one called, so I decided to inquire to hear that my mattress is normal wear and tear. The person I spoke with was very hesitant to give me information base upon my inquiry.

I wasn't happy with the service so I decided to go a Bob’s store location at Sunrise Highway and drop the mattress off. While in the store I was told that my mattress was defective by the store employees that physically looked and feel the mattress. I'm very disappointed to see that Bob’s will advertise that you're guaranteed what is advertised and that's a LIE. It's very shameful to see a store that large and big on advertisements. They're better than the rest, that's a LIE. I hope the public see Bob’s store for the LIES through the faulty advertisements. STOP SHOPPING at Bob’s store.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

Aug. 7, 2017 purchased a counter-top table and chairs for my birthday. We told the associate at Bob's Furniture in the Manchester Store in Manchester, MO that we wanted the furniture delivered on Thursday 08/10/17 that we had company coming that weekend and we wanted the new furniture by then. To be ready for the furniture to be delivered, my husband and I was pro-active and moved out old table and chairs out and gave them away to be ready when the furniture was delivered. We got a call from Bob's call center that the furniture was to be delivered on Thursday 08/10/17 between 8:15 and 11:15. The delivery of the furniture came and when it was delivered, 3 out of 4 of the chairs were fine but the 4th chair was damaged.

They were not in a box and could clearly see the chair was damaged. Why would it be shipped out of the warehouse in Chicago, damaged? Then the driver, opened the box for the table and someone had dropped the box on the end and the table was damaged as well. We told them to please take the chair and table back and the driver had to call the warehouse to ask when we could get the next delivery, (hoping for Saturday delivery) but they could not promise and it may be Tuesday 08/15/17. Needless to say, it did not come on Saturday and I had guests without having table and chairs at my house.

We had asked for AM delivery for Tuesday 08/15/17 and we get a call telling us that the additional chair and table will be delivered between 11:30 and 3:30. My husband called back and told them no one would be home to cancel the furniture. I called Bob's Furniture and spoke with Jonathan (lead) and told them to cancel all and that we wanted our monies back.

Jonathan then said that he would cancel all and refund our monies. That we would receive the monies within 3-5 business days. Aug 21, 2017, still no refund, so I called Bob's Furniture again and spoke with Jonathan again and he said that when he asked for the refund that he had made an error and asked for a total refund but we still had 3 of the chairs. I also spoke to another Jonathan (district manager) in St. Louis, MO. and I told him what had happened and I told him to either give me a table and chair that is not damaged, pick up the other 3 chairs and I wanted a total refund for all.

So, we decided we would try again and have the table and additional chair delivered. So they delivered the table and chair on 08/19/17 and guess what, table was fine but the chair was damaged again. I called and complained again and told them to cancel the additional chair and to come get all the furniture and I wanted a total refund.

They came out supposedly to pick up all the furniture but when the driver came to our house, he was bringing the last chair we needed. We told the driver that no one communicated with them that the reason they were there was to pick up the table and 3 chairs not to bring the additional chair. I was told by Jonathan (district manager) to call the store to let them know that the furniture was picked up and I would get my monies refunded.

I called the store in Manchester, MO, let them know furniture had been picked up and gave them all the information to refund my monies and the girl said that I would have the monies in my account in 3 days which should have been Friday Sept 1, 2017. I check that day and no monies was refunded. I spoke to a person at the Manchester, MO store named Jill and she said that they do not have a phone number for accounting that she has to go through procedures and can only email accounting. She sent them 3 different emails with no response. I guess Friday before a holiday, no one works in accounting.

I called again Tuesday Sept. 5, 2017 and they said accounting had it on hold because no one at Bob's Furniture had informed accounting that the furniture has been picked up to release the funds back to me. Today Sept. 6, 2017 I called customer service at Bob's Furniture and they said that they can't call accounting because all has to go through email but it appears that a form was sent to release my monies but could take up to 24-48 hours for me to receive my monies. This has been a total nightmare, I do not have a table or chairs at my house since I gave my furniture away, no refund as of yet. Can't go buy another since I do not have my monies and not sure when I will receive. I will be contacting an attorney. Do not do business with Bob's Furniture.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2017

My husband and I purchased a bed, recliner, and stool and have no complaints as of yet. As new homeowners we made sure to shop around before making any purchase. The sheer selection and cost won us over at Bob's. Delivery and set up was fast and the gentleman were very nice. I recommend Bob's to everyone!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2017

Got the furniture but quality not good. Haven't had it for a year. Bed already falling apart. Sent pictures to customer care. They decline to fix saying that it's not covered under warranty. I spent 3000 DOLLARS and you can't replace the piece of wood broken that s fees into back of the bed. Don't waste your money go to Value City.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2017

I purchased this brand new set. After a few months the drawers to the chest and nightstand began to lock and I could not open them. I had two technicians come out. Three pieces have this locking system and the tech deemed that I will always have this issue because the locking system is faulty. Bob's will not let me exchange the full set. They will only give me credit for the high chest And basically told me I will have to keep having a tech come until my warranty runs out then I will have to pay for it. First of all Three pieces have the locking system and they should take their bed back out of customer courtesy so I can purchase a whole new matching set.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

Your delivery people rolled our $2100 couch up our driveway and 2 of the other sections were picked up over their heads & slammed it on the ground, breaking the frame. We talked to the store personnel. They had us call the complaint dept who made me even madder. They're trying to rip us off out of the $250 delivery fee. How can you have people work for your company break our couch and then charge $250 to bring in a BROKEN couch to my house? We tried to resolve this with your complaint dept people out of Connecticut and they said that your store policy is even though you broke our furniture, you still have the right to charge me $250 for delivering broken furniture.

VERY dissatisfied. Will NEVER EVER purchase anything from your two bit operation again. Instead of passing out free cookies, drinks, & bubble gum at your store, the people who come in and spend $2100 should be treated like human beings being that we put money in your pockets. For your next commercial on tv, you should have your worker rolling a new couch up someone's driveway and then slam dunking it on the frame and forcing it through their front door. Let's see how many more customers you get after that. I plan on telling everybody about how you treat your customers. By the way, I do own 2 businesses and if I mess something up or one of my employees does, we take care of it and we bite the bullet. Apparently Bob don't care about customers. Like I said, I'll tell everyone who walks into my stores how you treat people.

Original review: Aug. 29, 2017

I purchased furniture that was worth about $5000, with insurance, with the promise that they will cover every single defect on it. All this is a lie, I purchased a whole set for my daughter's bedroom including a desk, well after a year the desk started to cracked the paint and wood started to fall apart, well this is the time of the year they dont even try to send someone to fix it, because they said they cannot cover that, isnt that part of the wood proof protection they are offering??? Never again, wont make no business with Bob's no more!!

Original review: Aug. 28, 2017

We purchased 3000 dollars of furniture with a Bob's Store credit card, salesman told us it was interest free for 1 yr. Well after the year they added 800 dollars to our bill and 800 less to our available credit and WELLS FARGO said no. It's not 0% interest for 1 yr. It's deferred for one yr and you pay the 12 months of interest it says on the bill and the contract we signed, but our salesman told us both it was 0% for a yr. 0 percent means 0 and it does in no way imply and it was never said that it would be added later, they should say its interest deferred for one year. So we called WELLS FARGO WHO ALLOWS THEM TO DO THIS SO THEY CAN SCAM PEOPLE TOO. And they said you gotta pay it. It said it on the contract, but when a store's closing in 2 mins because your salesman took you for 4 hours all around the place and sold you 3000 thousand in merchandise you TRUST that he is telling the truth and that one does not need to read all the fine print.

It's false advertising or plain just not telling you the truth. WE ARE NOT PAYING THIS BILL. WELLS FARGO IS JUST AS BAD and I rather take the hit on my credit than have someone tell me, "Well hey he lied to you. What do you want me to do about it? YOU GOTTA PAY IT." I'm not paying and you better watch out too, I got suckered into paying additional about 200 dollars for goof proofing everything and when they came out they wanted 500 to redo the seat I said. They told me the motors were covered. They said, "Oh they always say that." Where the heck is ConsumerAffairs in all this and the Better Business Bureau. Who actually takes donations don't they to advertise or be a member, it's all bull.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

What a ripoff, bought a living room set at Bob's Furniture Discount. The worst decision I ever made. Called the manager, customer service support and the Goof Proof Insurance but nobody wants to take responsibility for the bad quality of the furniture. I bought the set 3 years ago and is falling apart. If you want furniture that last more than 2 years don't buy at Bob's Furniture Discount. Make sure you read the Goof Proof Insurance crap because they don't want to help you when you need them. The customer service, manager and the Good Proof were rude and nasty. I will not make the mistake again and purchase from Bob's Furniture Discount.

Original review: Aug. 26, 2017

Their customer service is absolutely horrendous. I bought a couch and they delivered it broken and had no back to it, 5 months later all my pillows are ripped right down to the steam. I called customer service and I was told that it is normal wear and tear even with the Bob's Goof Proof.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2017

I recently purchased a passion mattress with the power Bob. I spent over $3000 for the mattress set and I feel like I was misled. The salesperson told me that the delivery persons would set up the bed and test the power Bob to make sure it was working. The mattress had a black smudge mark on it and the power bob which equips the bed to move up or down was not connected. When I connected, it did not work. I also paid for the mattress protection pads, I was told that the delivery team would set up the bed and put the pads on the bed. This was not done.

When I tried to put in on the bed. I found that the zipper was broken. I call Bob's customer service, only to be told that I needed to call Goofy to get the pad replaced. They could not help me. I explain that I just got it delivered today and I was told that it doesn't matter, that is not handled in the store. I am so saddened by my purchase and I wish I could have read some of the complaints before shopping at Bob's Furniture. They seem to fail to understand the inconvenience to customers and never offer an apology.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2017

When we walked into the store we were approached by a salesperson named Roger from the Calumet City store, he let us roam around the store without nagging us. He was pleasant and very friendly, he took care of all of our needs. He explained and answered all of our questions and was very helpful, will go back to him again. Now we have to wait and see how our purchase is.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information