1.37/5
Based on 270 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Woodbridge, NJ

1252 Bob's Discount Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 17, 2018

If you're thinking about buying furniture from Bob's Discount Furniture, save yourself the trip and just set your money on fire. I spent thousands of dollars on a couch and a Bob-O-Pedic mattress. The couch had a 5 year warranty and the mattress a 20 year warranty. I should have walked out the door when the salesman warned me about them basically never honoring the warranty. The couch fell apart almost immediately. Within 6 months it was trash. I blamed my rough family and did not go through the warranty for replacement as I'm not looking to get anything for free.

Now the mattress, was fine until we were moving. It literally fell apart trying to move it. So they send a tech out to inspect. According to Bob's, the mattress disintegrated while moving solely due to a strain. They refused to repair or replace my $1,300 mattress. I'm absolutely disgusted by their shady business. They are nothing but SCAM ARTISTS. If I had Googled the reviews prior to purchase, I would have never walked into their show room. Judging by the other reviews, I assume a class action lawsuit has already been filed but if it hasn't, I will be taking the steps necessary to make sure no one else is ripped off by this garbage company.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I have purchase numerous pieces of furniture from Bob's within the last 12 months. My living room sectional was purchased 6 months ago. Within weeks of having the seams started bursting. I called. They sent a tech to fix half the issues and was going to come back. The original issue has returns, seams burst in the same area and cushion never repaired. I am being told it isn't a manufacturer defect so they will not fix again. How was it a defect the first time but now it not. Very poor customer service. DO NOT BUY FROM BOB'S, THEY DO NOT STAND BY THEIR PRODUCTS!!!

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 14, 2018

Bob's furniture has zero customer care, has zero customer service. Sold me two loveseats with drawers that continually open on their own, due to a design error. Bob's has done nothing to compensate me to rectify this issue. Either my set doesn't match or I have to pay more money for a new set after going through three deliveries. All you get is screwed over once the furniture is in your home. I WILL NEVER NEVER SHOP HERE AGAIN. PLEASE DO NOT SHOP HERE. All these one stars should be a HUGE WARNING!

My issue is still going on after two and a half months and now I was informed it will go on another sixteen weeks. Don't shop here. Too many other furniture stores that stand behind their product and customers. All Bob's does is give you the runaround and in the end you lose! If their is set has a design flaw after three deliveries they should replace my WHOLE set. No ifs and or buts. NEVER EVER WILL I SHOP AT BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE!

Original review: July 12, 2018

I have been trying for days for customer service to answer the phone. I have a remote with the inside exposed. It's cheaply made with paper. Paper has worn down to inside remote. No one answer the phone for hours. Force to hang up. Get no one on the phone ever. Will never buy from them again.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Your Pedro ** is a perfect delivery guy. In my 60 years of age, I have received many furniture deliveries but never seen so professional, polite, and so energetic delivery guys. With Bob's Discount, I am dealing for the last six years and we have received three deliveries. Presently, we were stuck up with Bob's Discount for the last one month. Bob's sent three different teams to pick up old couches and replace with new one. All three teams told me that these couches cannot be taken back from this location as it is very small and new couches cannot be brought in.

All three teams told me that it was almost impossible for them to deliver. But the fourth team of Pedro ** made it possible in an easiest way possible. They were strong, professional and men of intelligent approach. What three previous teams thought impossible, they made possible in an easy way as it was not nothing difficult for them. They must be an asset for Bob's Discount Furniture. Thank you Pedro ** for your perfect job, it made my life easy.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: July 8, 2018

Please do not purchase the Goof Proof Plus. The sales reps do not know anything about the insurance or choose not to be transparent. The insurance covers very little. I purchased a bed and I guess after moving the bed around the boards got very loose and wouldn’t hold the nails in place. I called and asked for replacement. After uploading several pics and explaining to two separate departments (FYI) make sure your story makes sense or they won’t accept your claim. I was denied. They stated that the boards are not included in the insurance, however I could purchase boards.

I took the loss and still purchased a sofa a cream colored sofa. After about a month I began to notice that if you sat on the sofa with a dark colored clothing it would rub off on the sofa. I called to complain asked if they could come out to clean it. They denied the claim stating that it’s not Bob's fault, and that it’s a natural occurrence. I went back and forth with them, uploading more pics, still trying to state my case. I explained that I’ve never experienced this with my sister's cream sofa. I will never purchase anything from Bob's again.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Bob’s Discount Furniture store, the employees at the store are awesome. They do the best they can!! Great management at the Castleton store. However their corporate customer service is horrible, they will not work with you. Try to get some couches picked up, first customer service refused to return the furniture so we had a deal with the store manager. Then we had to wait over 11 hours constantly being updated that the delivery people were on their way. Then the delivery people never showed up. Then we called customer service who advised us that the employees decided it was too hot to continue working at 10 o’clock at night. But they can reschedule for next week.

Original review: July 2, 2018

We purchased their GOOF PROOF PLUS Insurance but can’t use it! Essentially they build a cheaper version of a comparable furniture product at a lower price. Then sucker you in to purchasing the "GOOF PROOF PLUS PLAN"! Our recliner came apart at the bottom of mechanism and tore the zipper, fabric and cushioning away from the mechanical arm that opens and closes the foot rest! This area of the unit does not come in contact with the person sitting on it and isn't subject to abuse. The same occurrence happened within the one year of the manufacturers warranty... in the exact same place! Seems to be a pattern here. This was replaced. Keep in mind. The factory warranty covered it! The chair is now 1 year and 5 months in our possession!

Five months out of the factory "FREE" WARRANTY" and with the "GOOF PROOF PLUS" $130.00 Insurance Plan and were told it's normal wear and tear! WTH? The damage is identical to the original, previously replaced, but since it now falls under the "GOOF PROOF PLAN they won't cover it! Remember. They decide what's a factory defect in workmanship and materials! I waited five days for a reply after a visit from their technician… to no avail, so I called and this started the run around scam!

So I speak with three different individuals, each well versed in telling me they will offer no assistance. The only recourse is to call the Guardian Coverage Plan... for "ACCIDENTAL Damage". Be very careful if you have damage to your furniture that's from poor design, workmanship or materials, they won’t cover it! And look for loop holes while taking your hard earned money to buy the coverage plan! Essentially what I should have done was pour paint, slashed the material or "Accidentally" burned it! Instead we were honest and pointed out an obvious flaw in design, materials and workmanship!

This chair is used infrequently and has foam coming out of the seats, worn arm rest material, cracks in the cup holder, springs that have no recoil or strength and simply poorly constructed design! DO NOT PURCHASE THE "GOOFPROOF PLUS" INSURANCE PLAN! They won't cover you! Beware of the insurance they offer and the obviously poorly constructed furniture! I guess I should have known they were dishonest when the animation figure of Bob on his own commercials is a much better and younger looking version of himself, brown hair and all! Cheap price schemes and scam coverage will eventually catch up with them! BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: June 27, 2018

I visited the Villa Park (Illinois) store on June 16, 2018. I wanted to look at their mattress offerings. My first impression, as I walked into the store, was reminiscent of a sleazy 1960s used car dealership; at least a dozen starving salespersons were perched by the door waiting to swoop down and assist me. My sales associate was a pretty young lady that had difficulty in comprehending what features I wanted in a mattress. To continue, the mattress department was on the second floor, and to the horror of the elderly, the walking wounded, and the proponents of the ADA, there is NO elevator or escalator.

While I did not count the stairs, there were at least twice as many as there are in a typical residence. To add to my anguish, the stairs were carpeted in an ugly (my opinion) multi-coloured pattern which was a hybrid of jungle camouflage and zebra skin. The pattern ran the width of each stair. It was very difficult navigating going down the stairs as the pattern made it extremely challenging to distinguish the actual tread size of each stair. Needless to say, I did not purchase a mattress from Bob’s Discount Furniture.

Original review: June 26, 2018

First off, I purchased a section sofa in 2015 with the Goof Proof plan. My sales rep told me everything would be covered including pet damage. This year, my son brought home a ferret who he had let out of his cage and he ripped a huge hole in one of the cushions, I called the Goof Proof and what do ya know, it's not covered. Ok, it's not covered, regardless I need to order a new cushion. 2 HOURS to order a new cushion and put through 5 different people to do it. This was back in May 2018. They told me the cushion would ship on 6/22/18 so I called today which is the 26th to see where it's at. Now they tell me it's shipping from overseas and it's now not going to ship until July 25th and it will take 7 to 10 days after that so I'm looking at an August delivery date. BUT they already took the money out of my account.

I had purchased another sectional for my son in 2016 with the Goof Proof plan... I will never do this again. The large cushion started to cave in the couch, we are not large people at all, the cushion wasn't bad but the sofa itself seemed to lean in, called Goof Proof, they sent out a tech to look at it, he said there was nothing wrong. So in my opinion, the Goof Proof plan is nothing but a scam to get extra money out of people because it's either "not covered" or the tech they send out will say there is nothing wrong with the furniture. I AM VERY UNHAPPY AND I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM BOB'S EVER AGAIN!

Original review: June 22, 2018

I purchased several pcs of furniture from Bob's where I spent 3500 late April of 2018. Stuff was delivered 2nd week in May. 3 days after having furniture we were going to have a family member come so we decided to try the sleeper, we couldn’t open it! Called Bob's. After 30 min hold for appointment for technical to come out to look at the sleeper and also show 2 cushions that the backs were ripped up due to staples coming out! So he comes out says, "Let’s see how long the arms will take to order. If not we will replace the couch." Great. Only 2-3 week, WRONG!!! I waited a month. Contacted them today to find out that I can’t use my sleeper til possibly late SEPTEMBER or OCTOBER. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME?!?

Then they have the Audacity to say, "Oh you have 1 year warranty and Good proof," EXCUSE ME? WTF. Does that have to do with anything? I purchased my furniture expecting everything to be in working order and to be able to use my furniture as I please. It’s RIDICULOUS. UNACCEPTABLE! Not to mention 2 of my dining chair have cracks and the stitching of my ottoman and side tables are coming undone. Let me remind you I’ve only had all my furniture for 1.5 months and already furniture quality is deplorable on top of them trying to tell me they can’t and won’t do nothing. I need to wait until September! I will never ever do business with Bob's and have already posted on all my social media platforms about the unacceptable behavior and advising them to stay away!

Thankfully I was soon to spend another 3 grand or so to buy a bedroom set and bunk but I will be going anywhere else but BOB'S! Not an "I'm sorry. Let’s compensate you a couple hundred for being unable to not use your merchandise." NOTHING! STAY AWAY FROM BOB'S FURNITURE PLEASE. Saving 2 or 3 hundred isn’t worth the quality your time. Their customer service it’s NOT WORTH IT AT ALL!! PLEASE STAY AWAY.

Original review: June 21, 2018

I purchased a recliner and rocker in Aug 2016 along with the Goof Proof Plus Protection plan. Suddenly, the recliner leather started peeling off from all the sides. Raised the issue with Bob and the insurance. Both says the issue is not covered through protection plan. But while selling the product they told me everything is covered through this plan! Very poor customer service, no respect for customer. Don't ever buy Bob Discount Furniture's cheap quality products. I will never ever buy or recommend anyone to buy anything from Bob's Discount Furniture.

Original review: June 20, 2018

We bought a power lift recliner in February of 2016, after I fractured my right arm and had surgery. I was unable to get up from my existing recliner because it rocked. We decided on the power lift to help in getting me up. When the chair was delivered the remote was cracked. They let us borrow one form the store until ours came in. In May of 2018 the remote blew out while I was in a reclined position. I had to crawl out of my chair and called Guardian as we had the goof proof plus. The hold time was 2 and a half hours. My husband remembered the cracked remote we still had and plugged that in. Again, it blew out the remote in the reclined position again.

We decided the Memorial Day Weekend we were going out looking for a new sofa and decided to stop by Bob's to see what could be done. They set up a service call for us and we waited. The serviceman arrived and said that we needed a new regulator and remote. The remote was on back order until the middle of June, the regulator was delivered the following week. Last night I received a text saying the service would be here today between 1:00 and 1:30 PM. He got here and had no idea what was going on. No remote and did not install the new regulator. Now we are still waiting for the remote and was told as soon as it came in to call them and they would send someone out. This was our 3rd and last piece of furniture we will buy from Bob's. Our new sofa came from somewhere else.

Original review: June 19, 2018

Purchased a couch and loveseat a little over a year ago. Lost support gradually and began to have back issues since I sit on it several hours a day. Unzipped cushions and to my amazement it was so cheaply stuffed, like packaging material. Contacted the warranty company that I purchased it from that the salesperson claimed takes care of all issue but it takes care of nothing... so don’t buy. Called Church store and they rerouted me to customer care and they refused my offer of swapping the furniture for a better quality one if they have one to no avail... they are now parked in my garage because I will not risk my back since it’s doing better since I removed them from my family room. Poor quality and expensive for disposable furniture. Will not recommend them and will contact the Better Business Bureau for false claims.

Original review: June 18, 2018

""Never go to Bob's"". My name is Mathew. I have purchased worth of 5k furniture from the store in Schaumburg, IL on May 2018. I financed $4500 with Wells Fargo and paid $500 as a Personal Check. Bob's Posted my Check 2 times which 'cause $1000 came out of my Bank account. Which also cause me a non sufficient fund fee of $37 just because of their negligence. Bob's refunded my $500 but never refund me my overdraft fee of $37 which was completely their fault. Also they promise me to deliver a tv stand but after two days somebody call me and said they don't have it in stock and wanted to replace with another one. I agreed it and they delivered the TV stand.

After two weeks somebody call from their Customer service and said they need additional $100 for the TV stand which is after two weeks of their delivery. My worse experience is with their Delivery team. I had set up for two deliveries. First delivery message was they will deliver the furniture between 2 pm-5 pm. But around 9:30 am somebody call me and said they are on my driveway to deliver the furniture. I was at work and rushed to home to make it happen. Second delivery had same issue. Delivery message was they will deliver the furniture between 2 pm-5 pm. But around 10:30 am somebody call me and said they are on my driveway to deliver the furniture. I said I am not at home. They said they need to leave and reschedule the delivery for another day. Again I was at Dr office and suddenly rushed to home to receive the Item. ""I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH BOB'S ANYMORE""!!!

Original review: June 15, 2018

My husband and I paid $6600 dollars for an entire bedroom set that when arrived, after tearing apart our stairwell because the delivery team of two refused to bring one piece up, it was obvious this bedroom set was NOT as expected! Once everything was finally upstairs I went up to see it as I had waited outside to be out of the way, the top of the bed was four feet off the floor! I had to literally climb up just to be on it and I was completely terrified once on it. It was not even safe and as my feet were at least a foot from the floor while sitting, it was a jump off the bed to the floor. If I were not prepared, in a position to save myself from a fall, I could easily be hurt. It is ridiculous that this can be sold with no warning to a customer that the combination of the bed with storage would raise the mattress top to a dangerous distance from the floor.

The delivery crew of two, had to realize this would be refused as they refused to wait for a mantel to be removed to hang the only mirror and they were gone before I had even seen the furniture delivered to the bedroom. They took our old mattress so we had nothing else to sleep on so we had to resolve the problem that day. The delivery crew gone, the front yard littered with yellow packing straps, countless bags of silica gel and broken pieces of styrofoam that I picked up every piece of before the wind could. My husband called customer care and was told he would receive a callback, her last words were actually "good luck" which made us look at each other questioningly. After waiting a length of time with no callback, we called again and were told the same, we would get a call back which we did not. Again we called with no return call, again.

Finally he tried to return everything and was told once delivery is made, returns are not accepted, simply "not accepted". We tried a total of six or more calls that were never returned and were finally told we are basically stuck with a dangerous bed. We understood the first call, being told "good luck" before the nightmare had really even begun. My husband's initiative kicked in and we are just lucky he has that quality as we are stuck with furniture that will not work as it was sold to us. He has basically torn the bed apart and created faux fronts of the storage drawers, put legs on the mattress and put that all on the floor within the bed frame. The raising of the head and foot of the mattress does not work as it will move the bed frame and create scary motion.

Had we been made aware that the storage option of the bed frame would raise the mattress to at least four feet from the floor we would have chosen differently. Now, we have $6600 dollars worth of furniture that is not usable as it was sold. We do not have storage and we cannot use the mechanics that raise and lower the head and foot that we went to Bob's to purchase. That was entirely our goal. A mattress that would provide for our need and desire. I am a disabled veteran with a TBI and broken back. We wanted to improve our bed rest. Our original mattress was taken by the delivery crew and we were left with a mess in our yard to clean up and furniture that is not what we thought we purchased.

We eventually received a call from Jason(?) late that afternoon, after we believed it was done. He listened to our experience and said he was sorry. He also said he wanted to "make it right" and in his view was to give us a Bob's gift card for $200. About half the delivery fee. We accepted as in our view that was not "right" but better than nothing. We have not received that gift card though. Told it would arrive as an email but, nothing resembling an apology has ever been received from Bob's furniture. It is my opinion that everyone would do better shopping elsewhere, anywhere else. $6600 dollars later, we have furniture, it makes us angry to remember how it came to be ours.

The one mirror included with the set, still rests on the floor, also unusable. We certainly did not save any money by shopping at Bob's and I doubt customer satisfaction is anywhere on the priority list at Bob's or even included in the sales training. We feel stolen from and very very angry at the treatment received. Bob's Furniture is all about making money at any cost. Customer satisfaction is not something anyone working for "Bob" considers in their sales technique. Sales, at any cost except customer satisfaction is key so anyone deciding to believe the many television commercials would do well to remember they are looking at and listening to "commercials". That are complete trickery and they certainly did trick us. Be aware and very careful and ask for complete information about everything they consider buying and watch well at installation and sign NOTHING until you are certain you have what you paid for!!!!

Original review: June 15, 2018

I have suffered emotional damage, economical loss, and my children have suffered physical pain because of Bob’s furniture. I purchased over $4,000 in Bob’s furniture kids collection. In September of 2017 I bought two twin Chadwick bed frames along with box springs and mattresses, I purchased a Madison full size and I also purchased another full size set along with the bed frame. We moved into a new apartment and purchased all new furniture from Bob's. In the end of May of 2018 I noticed my son woke up with bug bites. I first thought it to be mosquito bites as the window was open. A week later I notice I more bites and he was in so much pain. I called to have an exterminator come to check and he found that the bed frames were infested as well as the box springs of all four beds purchased from Bob’s. His professional feedback was that the furniture was already infested when delivered and the bugs were starting to produce colonies.

I immediately called Bob’s furniture to place my complaint and concern and in the hopes that they would do the right thing and remove the furniture and refund me. Instead I was told there was nothing for them to do. I was told that closing my complaint account. I was also hung up on when speaking to supposedly call center supervisors. I later that day did research and came to find that this has been a recurring situation for Bob’s furniture and they have been sued a few times. I don't recommend purchasing from them. The quality of the furniture isn't the best and the cost that I have spent now wasn't worth the "discount" Bob’s Furniture offers. Unsatisfied customer.

Original review: June 12, 2018

I have bad experience with their product quality. After couple of years of using the leather couches, the leather starts to come out and peels. Even I bought their warranty and even they granted me at the sales time that if I buy the extra warranty, I would be cover beyond the manufacture warranty. But all that was a lie. I submitted a claim and get rejected. They don't stand behind their product because they know it is terrible quality. Cushions started go soft after less than a year and they will NOT replace them even though I have the warranty. They are a ripoff. I will never buy from them again.

Original review: June 11, 2018

I financed a pair a bump beds from the program Acceptance. Now about a year and a half ago they broke. About 4 months into buying them I been calling and complaining since the issue occurred. They sent a people out to fix them. On one occasion the guy smelled like ** and said that he didn’t have the tools to fix the beds on him and that it was a dub on the second occasion. They made a 9 clock am appointment and showed up @7:30am when my spouse had to take the kids to school smh. I currently still all one payment on the beds. This affecting my credit.

Original review: June 11, 2018

We just bought a new bedroom set from Bob's and had a great experience. The salesman (Ralph) at the Wilkes Barre location was wonderful. Not pushy at all and took his time to explain each set we were looking at. Loved their free coffee & cookies. Delivery was also great! Arrived early and set everything up beautifully. Would recommend.

Original review: June 9, 2018

I purchased a red sofa with Chaise and ottoman. The first year it broke. They sent a technician out and he said you have to be skinny to sit on this couch where I am a little on the heavy side. He also said that this particular furniture was for a playroom. He would never have one in his living room. He was also overheard saying racial things. Ok. After he left I called Bob's and they replaced it.

Now one side of couch leather is peeling and cracked so bad that it even ripped. Haven't sat on the couch for weeks. Technician came and said it was a factory malfunction. But now they are disputing the technician and saying they have to stand by the investigators. But when the first technicians denied me they said they had to stand by him. Bait and switch. They stand behind whoever denies you the replacement and not their customer. I would like a refund on the couch because the whole time I've had problems with this couch. My 80 year old mom can barely get up since the couch is on the floor.

Original review: June 9, 2018

Although we are satisfied with the furniture itself we are BEYOND frustrated with the delivery process. Originally slated for a Sunday they had to reschedule. Scheduled for Thursday May 24th in the morning. My husband took the morning off to wait for the delivery. Did not arrive and we started calling around maybe 11 am. They apologized and rescheduled for between 1:15 and 5:15 pm. My husband had to take the REST OF THE DAY OFF to wait for these guys. And what happened? They failed to show up. An entire day wasted waiting on what we paid $165.00 for. When we called and finally got through to someone the delivery was rescheduled for Tuesday TWO WEEKS LATER. In the meantime we had NO BEDROOM furniture. For almost three weeks. Unbelievably inconvenient.

They DID arrive promptly for that delivery but offered a measly $25 credit for the inconvenience. They called what happened on Thursday 5/24 a "failed delivery attempt". How is it a failed attempt, we were home all day and no attempt was made! $25 is NOT going to make us whole and in fact left a horrible taste in our mouths with regard to the entire Bob's experience. My full $169.99 should be refunded at the VERY least. My Sales Associated was Stuart **. If this situation is rectified I would consider modifying this review but I attempted to get resolution from a Customer Service specialist (and a supervisor) to no avail so I'm not optimistic. Will not buy from Bob's again and we are in the market of buying furniture for the whole apartment!

Original review: June 8, 2018

I love my mattress from Bob's Discount Furniture. It is so comfortable and it is 11 years old and still perfect. No sagging and it is every bit as good as Tempur-Pedic at a fraction of the cost.

Original review: June 2, 2018

This company and what someone has to go through to get their furniture repaired after they have paid for it and the extended warranty through Guardian. I had to contact Bob's repair several time had to have a tech come out 2 times because the first time he didn’t put what the bedroom set need. It took over 4 weeks from which the furniture was damaged. Then they tell me I have to go through Guardian for a 1 time accidental repair because the frame is cracked. Call Guardian and it took me 2 hrs to talk to someone.

I talk to Robert/ Bobby. Never explained that I had to say step for step how the frame was cracked and I was unsure because he was very short and impatient and making sounds on the phone like I was getting on his nerves so I said we was moving it and it cracked. He submits the claims and it’s denied. I asked why he says because that is not a accidental. You didn’t say someone fell into etc. I said while you was being short with me and I’m frustrated and I just said the one thing. Didn’t know I had to go into details. Then as he is cutting me off and womanizing me. I began to cry because I have never in my life be treated like this. Just to think I was about to buy more furniture from this company. I will take my business elsewhere. I wish I could give them a 0 stars.

Original review: June 2, 2018

I ordered a bedroom set and purchased both manufacturing and accidental insurance for the set. When the bed frame broke they placed the blame on the accidental insurance company and Guardian refused to fix and replace as well. The customer service and manager are unprofessional and rude and they take your money and don’t provide the service you pay for. They are a scam and rob you for your money. They wouldn’t even return my money that I paid for insurance nor provide the service that I paid for! Big ripoff! I will never buy anything from Bob’s furniture store again!! I recommend nobody buy from Bob’s. I found the same furniture on Groupon for 75% off the ticket price at Bob’s!

Original review: June 1, 2018

If Bob's Discount Furniture was disrespectful to my son's emergency needs, Forget anyone else! They are nice when purchasing... then they don’t stand by their Goof Proof Plan or Warranty. I purchased the Bob's Low Rider Adjustable Device for mattress 9/2017. However, my son is quadriplegic, on a Vent for breathing and a trach. He has been In & out of the hospital for surgeries leading up to this nightmare of being ventilated. He has had very bad lung disorders with a collapsed lung, pneumonia, etc. The bed was supposed to help with him being able to sit up so it’s better for his lungs.

However, on May 1, 2018 the mechanism broke down. I made many, many calls each time explaining the horrible situation to yet another scatterbrained person answering phone what seemed like “their first day At work,”. They had “me” purchase a new part for $60.00 that took 2 weeks and several more calls to encounter. They sent 2 different mechanics with “NO Parts” on hand.

Meanwhile... I explained the severity of the situation, these 2 individuals came here & saw my son's situation. BUT... no one felt it was a matter of life or death??? He could’ve built up more secretions & wound up back in hospital. This Bob's company moves like snails... they “yes” on phone & do as they please. Too many different people not knowing how to handle an emergency dilemma such as this. And, my sister & I WENT to the Nesconset/LakeGrove Store here in Long Island, NY in person. I read to them the clause on service plan that fit this situation to a tee, However, it took 4 months to fix a new mechanism that will be a year old in Sept. 2018. I will NEVER shop Bob's Discount Furniture again, AND Beware if their Goof Proof Plan. It’s phoney!

Original review: June 1, 2018

The sales people make it seem like you have to buy their warranty. Not sure why I had a problem with a draw on a dresser we bought. I called them the day we received it and got the run a round. I told them it needs a track. They said they will send someone over to look at it (WITHOUT THE PART). He shows up without the part and says I need a track. It will take 4-6 weeks to get. I should call him when I get it in the mail. Well it never came after many, many phone calls and hours of explaining the same thing over and over. I was finally told it was discontinued.

After going back and forth for over 2 and half hours I was hung up on. Needless to say it's been a little over a year and NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE!!! Now my sectional has a stain and we paid for goof proof warranty. Made the phone call and guess what. If you get a stain from using your couch it is not covered. They made this decision over the phone that it was not covered. So long story short don't waste your money on their ** warranty.

Original review: May 30, 2018 I bought a set of sofas. They are recliners. $1800.00. They arrives on a Saturday MAY 20, 2018. They set them up and left. I call customer service on Tuesday MAY 22, 2018 afternoon and complained on how they looked just after a few days of sitting on them and how they did not feel like they did at the store. I HATE THESE SOFAS. I sent pictures of the 2 sofas, 1 nobody had sat on and its looks new. The large sofa look like we had it for months. The material stretched where we sat on. I was not happy. It took them 5 day to get back to me & all they said was, "Sorry", there is nothing they can do. That is crazy. What happened to

CUSTOMER SATISFACTION... I WILL BE GOING TO SMALL CLAIMS COURT... I don't think it's right that they took my money and they don't care about what happens after. DO NOT SHOP AT BOB'S FURNITURE IN VALENCIA, CA... THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE CUSTOMER!!!

Original review: May 30, 2018

Ordered living room set online, price 1200.00. After placing order I had a problem with website and had to re-order, Bob's was transferred the money from my acct., then said they never received order and after "chatting" I basically got nowhere with them and had to contact my bank and start the "get my money back process" which takes up to 5 days or more, one big hassle and didn't get any help from customer care. PLEASE DON'T BUY AT BOB'S FURNITURE. NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS.

Original review: May 26, 2018

I purchased a $3000 living room sofa and loveseat a couple of years ago. One of the end recliners stopped working in the open position. I purchased protection warranty, so I wasn't too upset at the time because I thought it would get repaired or replaced. It's now been 2 months, 3 technicians and 2 replacement parts and it's still stuck in the open position. I'm now being told to wait another 72 hours for a phone call. Every time I turn on the TV I see the commercial and they claim to take care of their customers, well I disagree. If you are thinking purchasing furniture from Bob... Don't. Discount Furniture, discount quality and discount service.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information