Woodbridge, NJ

3.7/5 (507 ratings)

About Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: June 14, 2022

I purchased a brand new Bed on May 5, and the bed frame is completely dry rotted and they cannot replace it so they offer a $300 credit so I have a new bed. They don’t have the frame I need for this bed. This is bad service and I will never ever shop there again.

Original review: June 8, 2022

I'm Bob's longtime customer but today's delivery experience was the worst ever. I have been waiting for my furniture which supposedly to deliver today. I got a text at 6:52am (still sleeping) delivery will arrive in 28 minutes. I want to know who delivers furniture at 7am? Anyway, I used to get text messages on estimated delivery time, but this time they sent a text arriving around 7am and then driver called me at 7:50am which I picked up the call (still sleeping) and told me he was 10 minutes away. I told him I need about 20 minutes because I don't live in that house. Also no one told me about delivery at such early time. He said my estimated time of arrival is 7:15am and that he was already late and he gave me enough time to get ready and he asked me to reschedule if I can't make it in 10 minutes. I said fine. I really didn't want argue with him. It was too early in the morning.

I called bob's to reschedule and was told driver was actually early and my estimated delivery time was between 8am and 11am. I told them it was too late. Driver refused to wait for me to get there and few minutes later after I hung the call, I see someone ringing my doorbell. I have cameras. I called driver and he said, "I'm here." I said, "You told me to reschedule." He said, "No you can come. I'll wait." So I told him just wait five minutes. I left my other home in my pajamas rushing to get there and was there on time (exactly 5 minutes).

The driver was in the truck. I called him to come out and he said I left. He had the guts to lie. I told him, "I'm looking right at you still in the front of the house." He said, "No. I left" and hung up the phone and turned off his cell phone. I called bob's again to make a complaint. I spoke to several agents, but all made it seem it was my fault, and I should have been waiting in the house standing like a soldier from midnight and I could be called at any moment. Worst experience ever. Never ever again buying from bob's.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: June 1, 2022

Do NOT shop here. They will steal your money and you will end up without your items. I purchased a dresser almost a year ago that has been on back order. I called to cancel as it has been a year and they reassured me I would receive a refund within 7 days. It is now two weeks later and after multiple phone calls to attempt to remedy, they refunded me $157 on a $500 dresser. CROOKS. Shop elsewhere!!

Original review: May 30, 2022

I purchased a mattress from Bob’s Furniture on Oct , 2021 for guest room. No later than 4 months, the spring was popped out of mattress and the Box spring was dented on on side. I notified the company and sent them pictures to let them know that they sold me bad quality mattresses. The customer service apologized and gave me a store credit but the credit expires. I went in person and decided to get a bench and comforter set since I couldn’t trust to buy anything else at the time. I bought my new mattress in a better furniture store since I had to buy new a mattress since family was staying at my house to go to a funeral. The comforter was to be mailed to me and the bench was to be picked up.

The day the bench was to be picked up we were told that I had to return the broken I purchased from mattresses them that I threw away and I told them that I never was told that I had to returned it back broken and that shouldn’t be my job to return it myself. They refused to give me the bench. I bought cheap quality mattress and box spring and it only lasted 4 months in my house. Terrible customer service and they don’t care about their customer's happiness. I have the voice mail that I received a week after I received the store credit to prove that they wanted me to return the mattress myself and it shouldn’t be the customer's job to return it. They should of picked it up themselves and should of told me not to throw it away and that they wanted it back. Don’t buy from Bob’s Furniture!!!

Original review: May 24, 2022

We looked for a couch for years before finding something we liked at Bob's. There was a month delay in receiving it. We were given a date and time of 11:45-2:45 pm. I received a call and text around 10:30 telling me the truck was on its way. I was at work and was supposed to be there until 11, when I could drive home to greet the truck. I called the Bob's number repeatedly and could not get a human being to assist me. The delivery driver called and I told him it would take me at least 15 minutes to get home. If they hadn't waited, I would have cancelled the order completely.

In addition, the pressure to buy the warranty is HUGE! I got calls, texts and emails to purchase it. When I spoke with a representative, I explained that we have pets, and that the warranty doesn't appear to cover potential pet damage. The rep told me pets ARE covered, which is contrary to what the website says. She then said that if something happens, I could just "say" it happened some other way than something pet related (so - lie about it). After reading the reviews here, I'm glad I didn't purchase it. A waste of money. I'm now hoping the couch holds up after a year.

Original review: May 1, 2022

Went to Bob's to purchase a sectional for $2400. Purchased the extended warranty called Goof Proof for an extra $200. After one year one of my recliners broke. I called goof proof to make a claim. They denied my claim because I stated I did not know how the frame broke. This company is a joke. Do not purchase the warranty and better yet do not purchase anything from bob's. Their products are garbage.

Original review: April 19, 2022

Damaged sectional. Bought a protection plan. Technicians came and said it was out for the sofas were damaged. Sofas came damaged. They replaced one piece. Couple of months later sectional arm broken tear and seen and they would not replace it.

Original review: April 13, 2022

They are money hungry and treat the consumer like crap so, if I was in anyone in the world just don't go here. Save your money. This company has the cheapest furniture alive. Do not buy this crap, they are making me pay 2,000 dollars for cheap lazy non-American built furniture. It hasn't even been 2 months yet and I am burning this cheap crap. It cracking and scratching my floors. The springs broke on 2 couch, fell through one stop giving them money. Just please don't buy from them y'all. I'm telling you won't be happy.

Original review: April 8, 2022

We bought a couch, loveseat, and chair from them a little over a year ago. We loved them, they came pretty fast and they looked good and was the color I wanted. A bit ago I was sitting on my Charleston chair and something in the chair support just snapped. I was sitting normally, I sat down gently and I’m not obese, and it just snapped and even though we have a protection on it and it wasn’t used wrongly they refuse to fix it, saying it was not an accident it happened during normal use and therefore it’s not covered. I would’ve NEVER bought the chair if I knew a bit past a year it would break and they wouldn’t fix it. DO NOT RECOMMEND BUYING FROM THEM. Total scam, get longer lasting furniture somewhere else where they have good protection plans. I’m so upset and disappointed. What crappy made furniture.

Original review: April 5, 2022

Ordered online because I was sick with COVID. Big mistake. It’s my first time buying from Bob’s and the customer service is horrible. The quality of the furniture is mediocre at best. I honestly had a better chance of getting good furniture through Amazon. This sofa came in so many pieces and the instructions were horrible. I called to see if they could include the installation with the other furniture that will be delivered tomorrow and they refused even though I paid over $125 to put together a single bed. I regret purchasing from them and definitely will not be purchasing from them again. I can’t believe I purchased 3 pieces of furniture from them.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information