2. Homeowners

Woodbridge, NJ

3.6/5 (965 ratings)

About Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

**, was my sales associate at BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE, located at Great Northern Plaza 26350 Brookpark Road North Olmsted Oh 44070. ** answered all my questions and was very informational about the different pieces of furniture I was looking at. She was polite and very friendly. I definitely would recommend Bob's Furniture to my family and friends and I would HIGHLY recommend friends & family to **, she was the Best. Thank you ** for all your help.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Bob's Discount Store is perfect when "shopping on a budget", however they have great finds also. YOU MUST READ ALL THE SMALL PRINT. COMPARE AND RESEARCH THE QUALITY OF MATERIALS USED TO BUILD WHAT YOU'RE BUYING. This furniture is not going to last an entire lifetime but it can if you take care of it. I do not recommend their Goof Proof. It was way more of a hassle. I did have 2 different items at 2 different times that were recalled and I was able to choose brand new pieces. Every location and warehouse is different and so keep in mind that you will have different experiences. I like "The Pit". These items are at a huge discount and have to pick them up within 24 hours. Not a horrible place. Have a great day everyone!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I was screened and greeted warmly. Given an overview of the layout with an offer to assist as need, then they left me alone which is greatly appreciated. When I had a question, someone was immediately available and helpful. No one was “salesy” or pushy. Genuinely helpful and respectful. My order was simple to place and arrange delivery. Updates regarding my delivery were timely and accurate.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Bought the Store Demo Mattress model from Bob's Discount Furniture in Vernon Hills, IL for a good price. However, I got duped into purchasing a brand new box spring/platform at FULL PRICE! So they DID NOT LOSE MONEY!??? Furthermore, their alleged FREE DELIVERY has a "Mileage Range" associated with it, and our apt fell a few miles OUTSIDE that Limit - plus they were NOT willing to negotiate + or - on the delivery fee. Overall, we spent ~3hrs in that Store and came away with the back of our Minivan FULL!???

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I am 57 years old, the Bob's Hybrid King size mattress is the most supportive, most comfortable therapeutic mattress I’ve ever slept on. The price was half of what I would have paid for a name brand at a conventional mattress store. Quality all new material, hypoallergenic, no smell even when delivered new out of wrapper. I love the hybrid springs under memory foam, great support for my achy back.

Longest warranty of any mattress manufacturer 20 years. This mattress is 3 years old now and no signs of mash out rolled corners. Like the day I bought it, very durable. At half the price of Sealy, Stearns & Foster you name it. And you can go to Bob's storefronts and test drive one that fits your needs and comfort level. No internet out of box surprises you haven’t tried. Purple casper. Move over. Try Bob's Discount Furniture, your wallet and your back will thank you.

Original review: July 12, 2021

I've purchased a dinning room table in November 2020 and waited two months for delivery. Once I got the table it appeared to be fine, but over two months developed a white stain on the tabletop. I've called Bob's service department on three different occasions for the stain and the stain was not removed. All of the techs stated they could not do anything and advised me to contact my insurance company, which I purchased at Bob's Furniture. I called the company and they stated it's a manufacturer issue and to speak with Bob's. Furniture to resolve the issue.

The back order has been over five months trying to resolve this issue. I spoke with a supervisor on 6/19/21 who stated I would be receiving a new tabletop but could not place the order because the table was on back order and to call after July 1st. I called today 7/12/21 and now Bob's Furniture is stating there's nothing they can do nor would honor my replacement. This was the first time I ordered furniture from Bob's and will be the last time. Please don't not buy any items from the company.

Original review: July 10, 2021

We have purchased furniture from Bob's Discount Furniture over the past 7 years. We have used the no credit financing called Acceptance Now each time. We used this method 5 times. We would pay one loan off and finance another set of furniture when we needed it. This last time, we did as we always did and this was at the end of 2019. We made our payments but then the pandemic hit at the beginning of 2020.

We encountered some financial difficulties and money was extremely tight. I would try to call the store where we made payments and there was no answer. Of course, in the beginning all of the stores were closed. So I tried again when businesses were opening back up. No answer at the number we would call; so I tried the main store number and was told the Acceptance Now people were not back yet and we would have to wait until they returned. This was over a course of 6 months. I finally contacted someone and I was told that our account was turned over to Rent A Center. We received no phone calls or anything in the mail that this occurred.

When I explained to the Acceptance Now rep that we had difficulty financially during the acute phase of the pandemic and tried to reach someone there, I was told because it was past due, we would have to deal with Rent A Center. So, I called Rent A Center, started to make a monthly payments. Even though, I was never given any contract that explained what the terms would be with Rent A Center (i.e. interest rate, date of payment due, grace period or late fees). And if I didn't make the payment when the Rent A Center called and didn't get back to them right away (within the same day), then a Rent A Center truck pulled up to my driveway one day, a man came up to my door to discuss and/or collect payment.

I was definitely taken aback by this practice which is illegal. I told this man that I would make my payment during that week which I did. This has happened twice but still no contract which explains terms or anything. So, I called the Bob's Discount store that we have bought all of the furniture to speak with a representative about this. I explained the situation and why our account was sent to Rent A Center after doing so much business with them and paying off each and every financed purchase with them. The discussion I had with the rep really didn't make any sense and really didn't tell me anything. I suppose going the route of not checking credit to purchase furniture is not the way to go in the end.

My husband is a retired military vet and I work full time and I don't appreciate being treated like POS that doesn't pay our bills. We had some difficulty during the pandemic as did a lot of other people and Bob's Discount Furniture and Acceptance Now did not event take the time to listen or try to work out another payment plan. Instead, we now have to deal with Rent A Center's illegal practices and their attempted intimidation practices. I am trying to pay this as fast as I can but now I have obtain their terms which I know are certainly not what we agreed to with Acceptance Now through Bob's Discount Furniture. We are really not bad people and we do pay our bills.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I usually do not write reviews but for this purchase it was a must! It was the worse experience I have had in purchasing anything in my whole life. The initial purchase was good when I was in the store and was deciding on what to buy the sales associate was nice. But it was after I got the furniture that I realized I made a big mistake..SO where do I begin. I paid for white glove service where two or more people come to setup the furniture in your home; and that was when the problems began. They could not set up my bed for me because the foot board was "broken" (ended up being a lie) and I had to sleep on my floor for a week until someone else came out the following week with a new piece to fix it.

The second person end up coming out with no new piece to be put on and did not even look at the problem thoroughly. He seemed like he was in a rush. At that point I was fed up and I wanted my money back or new furniture as soon as possible but that was not gonna happen after I spoke to someone at customer service hotline. They told me I could not be refunded due to the furniture being in my house already and the new furniture could not come out to me until a month later!!!! I have been going back and forth with them ever since and this started in May. The most they could offer me was 25% back in store credit only which would expire in 30 days and If I took something else they would remove everything from my home.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I had a pathetic experience with Bob's and I would never recommend it to anybody. They were trying to deliver the Broken or missing pieces. When we return the product, they are sending the same Bunk bed every time. This has happened 8 times.

Original review: June 30, 2021

My initial experience was great. Good prices, prompt and timely delivery and great delivery persons, who provided "white glove" service. However if you don't purchase the extended warranty, be forewarned. My Gracie loveseat split at the termination point of the base to the arm and it happened 3 days after the 1 year warranty expired. You would think after spending $4k+ on the initial purchase, someone would authorize replacement, but NOPE. Money down the drain on a coach that is 1 year old and requires full replacement. It's discount for a reason. Think twice before purchasing from them. This is not long-term wear furniture.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information