Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website
  2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Woodbridge, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.21/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

Original review: May 9, 2020

I personally prefer Bob's Discount Furniture. Their Bob-o-pedic foam mattresses last about 10 years, and they come at a great price. I have tried other companies, like Jordan's and their mattresses don't hold up as well. Plus they are pretty pricey. I recommend going into a Bob's store, so you can physically check the quality of the furniture. If you're buying anything with drawers, ask for dovetail. They will hold up a lot better.

Original review: May 8, 2020

This Bob-o-pedic from Bob's Discount Furniture is a hybrid mattress that I regard as one of the most comfortable mattresses I have ever owned! It has a 10 year warranty and I got a mattress cover that helps me not void the warranty which guarantees Excellent purchase replacement if anything goes wrong..

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2019

We bought a leather sofa with a power recliner feature at each end. It was a very good price for an Italian leather sofa with the recliner feature. The salesman was very knowledgeable about the products, and helpful without being pushy.

Original review: Nov. 29, 2019

I purchased a sofa and a single seat big chair from Bob’s Furniture store 2 yrs ago. I also purchased a 5 yr insurance plan for my items. One wk after I got my furniture there was a problem with my sofa.. I called the store and someone came out the very next day.. Examined the sofa and determined that it needed to be replaced... No questions asked. All pieces are still standing strong. Bob’s furniture has proven to be durable and very affordable especially if you have young children in the home and you really don’t want to spend too much.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2019

I ordered my furniture online, but have also been to the Monroeville, PA store. The staff is very friendly. The delivery staff was fantastic. I only had an issue with scheduling my delivery. I wish the logistics team and the website was more transparent. I wish they would just tell consumers to set the day aside as the time you select, the time they change it to and the actual delivery time are all different.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: May 21, 2020
      I bought a Bob's Furniture sectional. It has a chaise, and a sleeper, and a sectional. It took forever to get here. They changed the delivery date several times. Finally, when it did arrive, they had stains on the cushions. And after they delivered it, I noticed that the sleeper section was broken and that there was a hole in part of the chaise and one of the sofas. They came back, they sewed the hole up, but they sent an investigator out to look at the broken sectional and the tear. And he didn't say anything, he just looked at it. He said he was gonna write up a report, [unclear 0:00:31]. Wrote up the report, and came back saying it was our fault, that we had broken it, and it was all our error. And so, the warranty was now void. We had bought the Goof Proof warranty on it as well. So when we called up on that then took pictures, sent everything in, they said that was nothing they could do as well. And their Goof Proof warranty was supposed to be flawless. So, that was kind of our dealings with Bob's. We called up corporate, we called up the local store, and got no help from any of them.
      Original review: May 18, 2020

THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE AND ESTABLISHMENT! Bought “Calvin” sofa for my new home and was a terrible sofa. Within 30 days you could clearly see a malfunction with the sofa cushions and peeling of the material. Took 3 months just to begin an claim and have a technician come out to take pictures of the furniture. Was given a refund and told this happens in this line of furniture I purchased. They also stated that this exchange for a new sofa of my choice has to be done in store not over the phone or online during covid19. Now that stores are pending back up I have tried calling customer service and making an appointment for my location. You will be on phone for over an hour to speak to someone and they CAN NEVER transfer you to the right department, you must call back.

HORRIBLE STORE managers as well, very unhelpful. I did finally get in touch with a store manager that tells me they can NOT do an exchange even though I was told twice that this was possible even during covid19, and because of covid19 I would need an extension on my claim since stores were closed and now that they are open, I still can NOT do an exchange. He said I would need to speak to customer service, I asked if I could be transfer to that group, he said no because he doesn’t know the number!! HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER! This was also a store manager I was speaking to. CHEAP FURNITURE and rude customer service. After you spent money on furniture for your home, you would like to be treated with decency to be able to pick out a new piece of furniture that would also be MORE EXPENSIVE than your last piece. Bob’s furniture does not care about their reviews or how they treat customers.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I purchased furniture in excess of $10,000 at Bob's Furniture. Before I was willing to spend that much money, I was assured that if you get the furniture in your house and it doesn't fit, or look right to me I could return it with a full refund or simply get something else without a hassle. That was the first lie! The second assurance was that if there was any problems and/or defects they would have someone to come repair it and if it's not repairable Bob's furniture would replace it with new. That was the second lie! They continued to explain that their friendly, customer service will rectify any situations that arise. That was the third lie!

Bob's furniture practices the biggest bait and switch game! They don't give you refunds, only credit in the store! They don't stand by the quality of the furniture they sell. They have you go through obstacles and rollercoasters then have you wait on the phone to the point that you just have to or want to hang up. And if you continue to exhaustively wait they tell you that your request is processing so wait several weeks before someone gets back to you! Then, when they get back to you, after you've gone through a rigorous process that's worse than pulling teeth, they tell you that they can't help you!!! Ridiculous! Bait and switch practice! The people that work for them are liars and the company encourages the practice! I will never shop there again!

Original review: May 8, 2020

I was at first, very happy with my furniture. Then once the furniture arrived and I needed to report damages, that is where the problems began. One of the representative saids one thing and another saids something different. Now I requested a refund on the Goof Proof. I have not received it yet. A lot of misinformation on when the refund would be returned. When I followed up, as I still hadn't received it. I have been getting a lot of run around. I am very frustrated and disappointed with Bob's Furniture Co. This is very unprofessional. I have so much more I could say, but I am at this point, just want my refund. It has been now since April 22, still no refund.

I also discovered more damages, this time it is behind my headboard where the furniture men set it up. They never told me it has damage. It is hidden, because the headboard is against the wall. I just so happen to picked up something off the floor and notice something odd..still can't see how much damage because it is against the wall. I was able to feel the damage onto the wood. Could someone tell how I can get this thing resolved, once and for all.

Original review: May 8, 2020

Steve P. 05/08/20. Broken bed frame on an $800 bed that is less than two years old. I have been disappointed with Bob’s Furniture... The first problem was with a kitchen table whose chairs just don’t want to stay assembled, and now with this bed purchase — as the rail at the headboard has broken away from the frame. The bed is less than two years old, and the break happened when I was simply lying down. Sure this bed looks great and in the store seemed like a strong and sturdy bed, but it doesn’t hold up for the price that was paid for it. Seems like the light pine wood they use is just too light and fragile to stand the test of time, and no I’m not a big guy. Tried to go through the extended warranty and this was their response...

“The damage you have reported is not eligible for coverage under your protection plan. The plan you purchased from your retailer does cover your furniture for a variety of structural damages, however the failure of assembled joints is not a coverage of your plan. Please understand that this is a final determination and your claim cannot be changed or altered to change its eligibility. To receive complete plan coverage in the future to the damaged area reported in this claim, you must have the reported stain or damage cleaned or repaired by a licensed technician and obtain a copy of that receipt.“

Nice. So pretty much see you later, so sad, too bad. Good luck getting a bad review added to their website as well, curious how my not so bright review isn’t showing up with all the 4 and 5-star reviews. Well, I guess that’s what sites like this are for...getting the truth out there. I won’t be doing any more business with Bob’s after this.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information