2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Woodbridge, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 3.57/5

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

**, was my sales associate at BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE, located at Great Northern Plaza 26350 Brookpark Road North Olmsted Oh 44070. ** answered all my questions and was very informational about the different pieces of furniture I was looking at. She was polite and very friendly. I definitely would recommend Bob's Furniture to my family and friends and I would HIGHLY recommend friends & family to **, she was the Best. Thank you ** for all your help.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Bob's Discount Store is perfect when "shopping on a budget", however they have great finds also. YOU MUST READ ALL THE SMALL PRINT. COMPARE AND RESEARCH THE QUALITY OF MATERIALS USED TO BUILD WHAT YOU'RE BUYING. This furniture is not going to last an entire lifetime but it can if you take care of it. I do not recommend their Goof Proof. It was way more of a hassle. I did have 2 different items at 2 different times that were recalled and I was able to choose brand new pieces. Every location and warehouse is different and so keep in mind that you will have different experiences. I like "The Pit". These items are at a huge discount and have to pick them up within 24 hours. Not a horrible place. Have a great day everyone!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Bought the Store Demo Mattress model from Bob's Discount Furniture in Vernon Hills, IL for a good price. However, I got duped into purchasing a brand new box spring/platform at FULL PRICE! So they DID NOT LOSE MONEY!??? Furthermore, their alleged FREE DELIVERY has a "Mileage Range" associated with it, and our apt fell a few miles OUTSIDE that Limit - plus they were NOT willing to negotiate + or - on the delivery fee. Overall, we spent ~3hrs in that Store and came away with the back of our Minivan FULL!???

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I am 57 years old, the Bob's Hybrid King size mattress is the most supportive, most comfortable therapeutic mattress I’ve ever slept on. The price was half of what I would have paid for a name brand at a conventional mattress store. Quality all new material, hypoallergenic, no smell even when delivered new out of wrapper. I love the hybrid springs under memory foam, great support for my achy back.

Longest warranty of any mattress manufacturer 20 years. This mattress is 3 years old now and no signs of mash out rolled corners. Like the day I bought it, very durable. At half the price of Sealy, Stearns & Foster you name it. And you can go to Bob's storefronts and test drive one that fits your needs and comfort level. No internet out of box surprises you haven’t tried. Purple casper. Move over. Try Bob's Discount Furniture, your wallet and your back will thank you.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I personally prefer Bob's Discount Furniture. Their Bob-o-pedic foam mattresses last about 10 years, and they come at a great price. I have tried other companies, like Jordan's and their mattresses don't hold up as well. Plus they are pretty pricey. I recommend going into a Bob's store, so you can physically check the quality of the furniture. If you're buying anything with drawers, ask for dovetail. They will hold up a lot better.

Original review: April 17, 2021

I would like to stress the disappointment I am having toward the purchase(s) I made through Bob's Discount Furniture. First I purchase a bedroom set. I was told at the time of purchase I would receive all items by no later than May 4th 2021. Then on April 8th I find out the bed is here, but I will not receive the rest of the order (chest and side tables) any sooner than June. Which is not what I was told at the time of purchase. But then later after placing that order, I go back and place a second order for a sectional. I am being told I can come pick up the half of the sectional, but the other half will not be here until June 2021.

Now who in the world wants to use half a couch/sectional for 2 months.? Before receiving the other half. This makes no sense to me. And I am totally upset about it. The customer care rep I spoke to continues to say that it is the fault of the manufacturer. Well maybe, just maybe you should consider better communications with the manufacturer, before reassuring the customers of a set date for items purchased. No one wants to purchase new furniture for their home and then wait months to receive it, and get bits and pieces of it at a time.

I assure I will never buy from Bob's Discount Furniture ever again. And would not recommend anyone else do so either. To really make matters worse, I send my grandchild to pick up the bed this evening. And no one in the establishment has a clue where the foot oard is that completes the bed. I only wish I would have done my research on this place before making any type of purchase here. I see I am not the only one who has had this same type of problem from here. Do yourself a huge favor and do not buy anything from this place.

Original review: April 10, 2021

We purchased a mattress and were under the like it or exchange it time frame. We went into the store, got approval for the exchange, picked out a new mattress which was in stock and set up the delivery date. The first time we were told the mattress was not on the truck - my husband took a day off from work for a non - delivery, 2nd time same thing, third, 4th,etc.... same thing. No one in customer service will help, store manager has no answers so we have no new mattress. Their customer service doesn’t communicate with store/customer/delivery and has made this whole experience awful. No stars as we continue to be told it is in stock but have not had a delivery.

Original review: April 10, 2021

We have ordered our dining room table, bed, and our sectional couch from Bob's and they were delivered at a reasonable time, with great customer service and the products upheld well between multiple moves. However this was all pre-COVID. We had ordered another couch, two seat reclining couch, during the pandemic (Nov 2020). We have been trying to give as much leeway and understanding as possible, but this is getting ridiculous. We had half of the couch delivered to us, because half of the couch was broken during the delivery... Fine things happen.

We were able to schedule the delivery for a month out in a Saturday, that's fine. Comes that Saturday a morning I get a text message they are out of stock and to call this number. I try calling this number and finally get a hold of someone, they reschedule the delivery again, has to be a Wednesday 3 weeks from then. So now I have to leave work early for this couch. The delivery guys come on Wednesday and they have the wrong couch, the customer service person didn't even make she put in the correct half of the couch in the order. Then we have to call back AGAIN and reschedule.

They reschedule for a few weeks out on a Wednesday again and having to take off work again, they never show up. I get a text message after the delivery times saying the delivery is delayed. TWICE I have left work early for an incorrect couch or a no show. I call AGAIN and have it scheduled for this morning (finally not during the week). Get a voicemail this morning to find out the couch is delayed until JULY! I call the number left for me and can't get ahold of anyone at the store because it's not opened yet, finally find the number where I can speak to someone and she says to me "weird I see the couch is available to be delivered for next week". Which by the way is what the customer service team keeps telling us and then it doesn't show.

So I'm not holding my breath and fully expecting it to be past July that we receive the couch. The customer service woman was rude to me on the phone, even after I said, "I'm sorry I'm calling you with my frustration, I know this isn't your fault." Then she hung up on me. COOL. Also, I don't understand why I need to pay for this couch that I have yet to receive, my fiancé and I don't even want this couch anymore, it's not worth it.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I bought bunch of living room furniture including two end tables from Bob's discount furniture in Massachusetts. The drawer of the end table broke one day. Since I have the Goof (Guardian) protection plan, I filed a claim with them and send pictures of the broken furniture. Initially, I was told that this damage is covered under my plan and will be repaired. To my surprise, they denied the claim after few days stating this type of damage is not covered, and I was asked to contact Bob's Discount furniture customer care as they should be able to repair or replace it as it's a manufacturing defect.

I filed a claim with Bob furniture, although Bob's customer care were very unprofessional in terms of communicating regarding the claim (case #**). They did not inform me about the decision and when I called them they told my claim is denied and asked me to file a claim again with Guardian protection. I tried to explain that I did that already, also if they want to check if that could be a manufactured defect. They outright denied the claim and told me nothing can be done and instead suggested me to get paid repair from them for $80.

I have very bad experience so far with Bob's discount furniture. I feel cheated about the plan they sold me at the time of buying stating it covers all type of damage. I would like to inform others to be careful while buying from Bob's furniture and their protection plan, and get complete information while buying. At the end, it's not about the money, but the way they sell you things which is not useful and untrustworthy. If Consumer Affairs can help me resolve this case and spread the word, it would be great. Thanks.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Purchased a couch and loveseat from Bob’s. They had to replace the loveseat within the first few weeks then they had to repair the sofa arm because of faulty framework, it collapsed in. After 14 months (2 months after the warranty expired) the sofa began to fall apart piece by piece. Had to pay to repair it myself and discovered that they used staples to attach the frame together but the boards aren’t long enough so they slowly came apart causing the entire frame to become unstable. Boards came apart and ripped through the fabric of the sofa itself. I approached Bob’s about it and their only response is that it’s outside the warranty period, so there’s nothing they can do. True it was outside the warranty but the defective sofa is the same sofa that had the arm replaced because of faulty work. Originally I didn’t want to use Bob’s and I should have gone with my gut because this was the worst decision I ever made.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information