1.20/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Woodbridge, NJ

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1353 Bob's Discount Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

So I made an online purchase of a couch and a dining room set. Next day I change my mind so I canceled it. 2 weeks later still trying to get my refund. Have made several calls and still the problem has not been solved!

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

DON'T BUY THE GOOF PROOF WARRANTY. I purchased an Apollo sofa and loveseat with recliner from Bob’s furniture in Secaucus, NJ on 3/16/2015. I was told to purchase the good proof insurance. It’s been 3 years and the sofa has began to tear. I called Goof Proof insurance and was told that’s not a goof proof issue to call Bob’s back because that’s a manufacturer problem. So I call Bob’s and they tell me to send pictures in and someone will get back with me in 3-5 business days.

I sent the pictures on Nov 12, 2018 and they wrote back to me in a couple of hours. "We have carefully reviewed the photos that you submitted to make sure we understand the full scope of the issue you are experiencing. While reviewing your account, we can see that you received your sofa on 4/11/2015. The damage you are reporting is not consistent with a Factory Defect. While our goal is to find every opportunity to satisfy our Customers and I am sorry that in this case, we cannot honor your claim. It is never our intent to disappoint a Customer and again we want to apologize that we could not meet your expectations. Thank you for your understanding."

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

I purchased living room furniture in February 2017. The frame on the sofa as well as the recliner chair broke. The company sent someone to look at the furniture. The man states that the frame was broken on the sofa and the sofa will have to be replaced. I received a email from Bob's stating that they ordered parts for the sofa and it would not be available until mid January. I called and spoke to someone after receiving the email and was told that nothing could be done to replace the furniture and that I must wait until mid January for the part to be delivered. I would never purchase anything else from this business and would never recommend anyone to do so as well. I also have the goof proof protection which the salespeople offer stating that it would cover for a exchange if anything shall happen to your purchase. IT IS ALL A LIE!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

At the end of September I purchased a table, 4 chairs and a bench along with a bed, two nightstands, a dresser chest in mirror. The bed came with a headboard, footboard, two side rails and slats and legs to hold them up. I paid extra to have it delivered and put it together in my home. The day of delivery they put the table and chairs and everything together. Asked me to sign for it. When I was getting ready to sign I noticed there were marks and damage to the table and the bench and the delivery guy said he would let his supervisor know and they would have him call me as I was having other things done. At the same time I want to look at the bedroom set and the gentleman had left already.

At this point I noticed that all the pieces that were delivered had been damaged. I called Bob's twice and stayed on hold for a very long time then someone picked up and hung up. I called the Schaumburg store. She told me I had the right number and to try again. I finally got ahold of someone. I told him about the issue. He said he would look into the table and then hung up on me. I been went to the website, follow their guidelines, contacted them. Took a ton of pictures and email them October 3rd.

On October 10th when I still haven't heard from them I contacted them. They told me after much arguing that they would replace the table but the bench and the bedroom set would have to be repaired by a furniture repair person and that would require another delivery date. I received a call that on Saturday. The table will be delivered and in the afternoon the furniture repair person would come. The table was delivered. They looked at the bench and they said, "Yeah. That needs to be replaced." In fact he looked underneath the bed and he could see the screws were not even put into the rails. They were next to them and I had actually cut my leg on the screws and the leg was falling off. Not even holding up the bed under my head.

He stated he would put in his report and to call Bob's in a few days. I actually called right after he left. We set up another delivery for the following week and they were going to bring the bench and all new bedroom set. Following week came. The bench was delivered. They were placed two nightstands. The chest they did not replace, address or even though he said they would. And instead of bringing a whole new bedroom set they only brought the rails which could not be done because of the damage to the headboard and footboard and that they needed the whole bedroom set to be replaced. The delivery people got on the phone with Bob's. Explain this to them. Out next week.

Each time I talked to them they said compensation would be given after everything was delivered. This trick they use of theirs because they only give you store credit but they do not tell you that until after everything. I accepted a chest with damage on it because the lady told me I would get credit for it and I was so tired of dealing with them and spending hours and hours on the phone and days and days waiting for deliveries.

The next week the furniture was supposed to be delivered on Saturday but I had to cancel as I had a funeral to go to. When I called to tell them this week check the order and again they were only sending rails instead of the whole bed. Again I had to argue and fight with them but they did look into it and said yes I would get a whole new bed. We set the delivery for the next Saturday.

Delivery was done today. Then people put the bed together. They did notice how much damage was done to the rails and it said that had to have been done when they set it up. And the leg was put in wrong and it broke the place for the leg to go. So after everything was okay I called to get compensation. My original thought was I wanted the delivery fee special delivery fee I paid returned because of all this nonsense I've had to go through and at least 20 to 25% off the furniture because of all the hassle I went originally. The girl came on and offered me $100.

I said, "Absolutely not. I want to speak to your supervisor." She says, "I'm trying to deal with him. LLet me get back. I'll put you on hold." Then came back and said I could have $150 which was more than the cost of the delivery which I do not believe it was. And then when I said, "I guess that's acceptable." I go, "It's not really acceptable but it's better than nothing." Then she proceeded to tell me which I said "Absolutely not. They Bend."

I said, "Give me your supervisor." After a while the supervisor came on then he proceeded to tell me I can have the $170 of delivery fee refunded and 150 also for store credit only. And I said, "I don't want store credit. I will never come back into your store. I don't want to spend four more weeks trying to get a delivery done. This is delivered around the 28th of September. We are on the 9th of November and it has taken me all this time to get these pieces of furniture delivered and all of them have been damaged and had to be returned and given New pieces to me again."

He said, "We only do store credit." And he goes, "Well I guess I could give you $25 per delivery where things went wrong so that would be $100." I said, "You've got to be kidding me." To your credit card the corporate office to deal with this as there is no customer service on this phone line and nobody helps and nobody should have to go through this much time. I said, "I've spent 32 hours waiting for your furniture, people to deliver furniture and look to see if they could repair it." I spent countless hours. Just today I've spent 2 hours on the phone or waiting for callbacks or waiting for supervisors to get this handled. I told him, "Absolutely not" and I told him I would be calling corporate and hung up the phone up.

I certainly would not ever recommend anyone using Bob's Furniture. Now I'm that but when we purchased the bedroom set they said we wouldn't need a box spring because that the box spring was included in the way the frame is set up which was not the truth. We did have a box spring but that was a lie. The slats underneath the bed holding the mattress and the box spring up are very very thin. There Maybe less than 2 in WYD and there's three of them. The bed is not very sturdy. The frame structure is not sturdy.

Bedroom pieces was 8 piece bedroom set and the only thing that didn't need to be replaced was the mirror. The table and the bench had to be replaced. That is a very poor delivery rate. Not to mention that this stuff was delivered September 28th or they're about and I have spent all this time from the day of delivery trying to get it fixed and straightened out on the order. They will not help and they only say they give store credit so I would not recommend this furniture place. I would spend the extra money because in the long run your time is much more valuable and I have 32 hours so far into waiting for them to get furniture delivered to fix their errors.

There is no customer service. they seem to never know what I'm calling about or what the complaint is or what we're supposed to be done. It never seems to show up on the computer and nobody seems to be able to help and they just push it down the line for someone else to deal with. And they told me I would be given compensation after the delivery which was today and I had stated it all along that I wanted the delivery charge back and more compensation and they said they would take care of it after delivery was completed and they don't want to do what was promised which I guess I shouldn't be surprised after all the hassle I had with delivering. I would give this company negative Stars if I could.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I have bought items from Bob's that were fine, but I strongly advise anyone to NOT BUY one of their bonded-leather SOFAS. The "leather" started totally decomposing after about 5 years (just after the warranty expired). My wife and I would sit on it for perhaps 1-2 hours a day. We are small, not heavy beings... We have no kids or pets. There was no reason for the sofa to wear out so quickly OTHER THAN CHEAP-CHEAP MATERIAL. So be warned... You pay for what you get, and you will get a sofa that LOOKS like leather but has a VERY LIMITED LIFESPAN!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

I purchased both manufacturing and accidental insurance on my Recliner Sofa which I paid $2600 + Goof plus for $199. The furniture salesman will hand you a nice little brochure about everything they supposedly cover, however, only AFTER you sign up and pay for it you will receive four pages of small print from Guardian of everything that is excluded, rendering it basically useless for all intended purposes! Do not buy the warranty, save your money because they will not do anything for you!

Bob's inspector came 3 times & said couch is not repairable and said the claim falls under accidental insurance which is under Guardian. It’s like back & forth & no one wants to take the responsibility to fix the product! Funny thing is One of Bob’s technician who came he said, "Be careful with this warranty 'cause 99% they don’t apply to anything they say they will. They just sell you this to give you peace of mind!" Bottom line don’t buy the warranty at all! SAVE YOUR MONEY & use it on something else.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

I bought my sofa from Bob’s and after 5 days, 4 nails popped out of the ankle side of the sofa, which they promptly replaced. Few months later, one part of the back rest cushion completely deflated. They sent out a technical and claim that it is not a manufacturer defect. How can a whole seat cushion deflate on one portion of the sofa and they call it normal wear and tear. They are scammers. The warranty is a scam.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

We purchased a couch just over a year ago from Bob's. We purposely went there as we knew it was inexpensive and we figured between our dogs and kids that they would add lots of wear and tear. About 3 weeks ago we filed a claim because our dog threw up in 3 different spots on the couch, resulting in 3 large stains. I filed the claim and somebody came out to clean. He proceeded to tell me because there is some overall staining that he had to submit pictures. Needless to say I received the letter today from Guardian that they denied the claim.

I told the guy initially that I just wanted the stains out and didn't care if it was discolored in comparison to the rest of the couch. He said he couldn't do it. This took hours of my time to call and sit on hold to wait to file the claim and then take a day off so the guy could come clean... and now I am left with a stained couch with a worthless Goof Proof plan. Stay away - or if you choose to buy - know that you are buying because it is cheap and DO NOT buy the Goof Proof plan.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

I purchased an Apollo sofa and loveseat with power recliner and a chaise from Bob’s furniture in Waldorf Md on 2/11/2015. I was told to purchase the good proof insurance. It’s been 3 years and all my pieces I purchased from there have started to tear. So I go in the store and let them know what was going on. They tell me to call the goof proof insurance. I called them and when I finally got through after being on hold the lady was real nice. She told me that’s not a goof proof issue to call Bob’s back because that’s a manufacturer problem and I purchased my furniture in 2015 and everyone who purchased their furniture In 2015/2016 was giving an extended warranty. So I call Bob’s and they tell me to send pictures in and someone will get back with me in 10 days.

I sent the pictures in Tuesday November 6 2018. They wrote me back in a couple hours. This is what they wrote me back. “Good Afternoon Crystal, We have carefully reviewed the photos that you submitted to make sure we understand the full scope of the issue you are experiencing. While reviewing your account, we can see that you received your sofa and loveseat on 02/11/2015. The damage you are reporting is not consistent with a Factory Defect. And it’s really terrible because you pay all this money for furniture and it looks terrible. And they said the furniture is real leather and that’s what leather do over the years. While our goal is to find every opportunity to satisfy our Customers and I am sorry that in this case, we cannot honor your claim. It is never our intent to disappoint a Customer and again we want to apologize that we could not meet your expectations. Thank you for your understanding.”

Original review: Nov. 8, 2018

My husband and I made our first purchase together at Bob’s assuming that this will last us. Bob’s is telling us they are unable to exchange our couches because the defect is not covered under warranty. This is so unfortunate. The couches are peels and the stitching has come undone. We’ve sent pictures of the couches and because they see the stuffing coming out of our couches, they cannot do an exchange. This is poor customer service. We did not purchase these couches just to last a little over a year. Very very disappointed.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Poor quality, poor customer service: I bought a dining room table and goof proof protection. The table will not close, there is a gap in the middle. Attempted to file a claim and was told it does not fall under goof proof protection. Attempted to speak with Bob's directly and was told there is nothing they can do. While trying to get in touch with customer service I have been on hold for hours over the past week. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

I bought a sofa, loveseat and recliner set not even 3 years ago and Goof Proof plan. Started to rip on the seams and recliner no longer stays reclined. A repair person never showed up today and then they have the balls to tell me I will be compensated after the repair guy comes out on Friday. This is going to be interesting.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

Purchased sofa, loveseat and recliner. After three years they all three started to peel. They have told me that it’s not a manufacture defect but is normal wear. They don’t stand behind their products, spend a little more and research a little elsewhere and you will get many more years out of your purchase.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I love Bob's Discount Furniture - we've gotten a sectional sofa and two dressers from here and they're great. But when we bought this bed and it arrived, it stank. Reeked of paint/varnish/other chemicals. We aired it out for over two weeks -- windows open in the middle of October -- and it STILL smells horrible. Also, in the store, the saleswoman told me that it was made of solid wood and was NOT made of fiberboard or wood paneling/veneers. I asked her, specifically because I don't want my son inhaling fiberboard.

But for the last two weeks, my son has gotten an allergic/asthmatic reaction to this bed whenever he gets near it - wheezing and sneezing. I called Bob's this morning and they REFUSE to let me return it. They'll let me exchange it for another bed, but according to the website their kids' beds all have the same materials (medium density fiberboard and veneers -- NOT solid wood like they told me).

I don't really understand it. We're regular customers, and this is actually a medical issue. They want us to have our son keep a bed that he can't use - or get another one...that he can't use? We were told the bed was made of solid wood and instead my son is allergic to the materials the bed is actually made of. I want a refund. So frustrated.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2018

I give 0 star, but they don't let me that’s why I put one star to this company Bob Furniture, they sell garbage furniture. We bought 2 sofas and a love seat less than a year ago. We soon found the sewing ripping off slowly and the stuffing was coming out for the love seat and a sofa. The other sofa is close to rip as well. I called customer service and they said they couldn't help because I didn't have insurance. The spot where it ripped is hidden. The company said customers have experienced similar problems which is why they stopped selling this model.

They want me to buy insurance because they knew the couches were bad. Because I didn't buy insurance they sold me defected ones. I don't understand how the couches ripped in less than a year. Especially since we rarely used it. Before these couches, my old ones lasted over 10 years and I never had this problem and I paid good money for these couches and they are not supposed to rip easy. It is a manufacturer defect since the rip is pretty hidden you would have to put your hands under the armrests to notice. DON'T BUY. FURNITURE FROM THIS STORE IS NOT GOOD.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Don't buy furniture from here and even if you do, definitely do NOT purchase the GOOF PROOF! I have a leather sectional where the arm seams are coming apart. This sectional is not used heavily. I called and they had someone come out and they said it was wear and tear and not covered under goof proof and is not a manufacturer issue. How is that not covered? Seams coming apart is NOT wear and tear. The "LEATHER" is peeling in multiple places as well. WILL NEVER BUY FURNITURE FROM THEM AGAIN!!! BE WARNED!

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

I only gave this a 1 star because I couldn’t give it a zero. I purchased a couch in September 2017 along with other furniture, I also purchased extended warranty on all my furniture. In December 2017 I started to notice the leather pealing from my couch. I called in to make a claim with Goof proof the extended warranty that I purchased. They said that they would not cover it because it was not accidental and it’s a manufacturer issue so for me go through Bob's Discount Furniture itself. I called to make a claim with Bob's Discount Furniture and they also denied my claim saying it was not manufacturer issues. Which it should be because after 3 months it’s not wear and tear.

I called back November 2018 as the issues I called in the first time became extremely worse. They denied my claim again saying it’s been over a year and my warranty is up. However, when I called the customer service lady told me with this specific couch she’s been getting lots of complaints about the leather tearing. Bob's has told me when buying the furniture & extended warranty that this issue will be covered however no one is trying to help me. Warranty is a scam. I filed a lawsuit!

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

I give one star because is not way to give zero star. Took three months to delivery what I order and every time they send the furniture was defective. I call the company which I paid almost $600.00 for an insurance and they said is nothing they can do. Another ripoff. Eventually after the 4 attempt I received the missing furniture. When I call the store manager to complaint about the situation he offer me $150.00 credit to my account and to be reflect in my statement which never happened. I call customer service and they said that the store manager never input that credit to the account. I learn my lesson and I enter this review to help you to not have the same bad experience I have.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Well they told me my bedroom set was going to be deliver on a specific date and that they don’t have any time window so I had to take off the day from work in order to be home and receive the delivery. Well on that date I was tracking my delivery. It showed that they jump my delivery in order to get to the next delivery on their route. Once I saw this I called customer service and they told me that the truck was on route to the depo and that the delivery can’t be done on that day that it would have to be reschedule, meaning that I would have to lose another day from work.

I told them that I couldn’t do that and I want my bedroom set today because I already disassembled my old bet and threw it out plus the inconvenience of having to miss on another’s day of getting pay at work. Customer service is very unprofessional. You would think that you buying a 3,000 dollars worth of their product they would accommodate their customers and help them out. This would be my first and last time dealing with this company. I would recommend everybody to take their business elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Bob's Discount Furniture has a show room on Leesburg Pike in the Bailey's Crossroads shopping center. The furniture displayed appears to be of good quality, and while high pressure salespeople are consistently hovering over you and asking questions, at least at first we felt reasonably comfortable with the selection. When we decided to make our purchase of a recliner love seat for the living room, we weighed a few options and ultimately settled on one that was a good fit for the decor of our living room. We flagged down a salesperson and made sure all of the details (color, model, configuration) were in the sales contract. In addition, we purchased a Five Year Goof Protection plan (which Bob's resells for Guardian Protection Products) which was clearly advertised to provide protection against (among other things), "Rips, Tears and Punctures" according to the advertisement we were given.

During the delivery process, Bob's Discount Furniture fumbled and brought the wrong furniture to us twice. It was a pretty frustrating ordeal since we had taken extra care to ensure all of the details for the love seat we purchased were recorded properly. When we finally got the correct love seat in we noticed an awful off-gassing smell, presumably from cheaper wood used to build the couch that is glued together. This off-gassing smell lasted six months...

Other issues we've encountered in the last two and a half years include the motorized recliner moving more slowly and making a fair amount of noise (despite periodically cleaning the motor and re-lubricating it). When it came time to utilize our Goof Proof protection plan due to a series of tears in the couch, we were told that such damage is not covered -- and further that we should have received the terms of the Goof Proof plan (offered by Guardian Protection Products) on February 16th, 2016 (during the series of failed sofa deliveries). But we never got the terms of the plan and we had no way of knowing there was any limitation for the coverage on tears as a result.

Despite this, Bob's Discount Furniture and Guardian Protection Products are currently claiming that we have violated the (until now undisclosed) terms of the Guardian Protection Products plan aka Goof Proof and we cannot have the damage repaired. As a result we feel we have no choice but to rate Bob's Discount Furniture with a 1/5 stars for the following reasons:

Ease of transaction -- It was difficult to ensure the appropriate item was being sold to us. Salespeople hovered over us until the moment we were ready to buy, then we had to flag them down. Delivery process -- Two failed delivery attempts of the wrong items. A lot of time wasted. Took about a week to sort all of this out. Quality -- The couch was put together with cheap, glued together wood that off-gassed for six months. The fabric is rather thin. The motorized recline mechanism is somewhat cheaply constructed. The filling off the couch, while claiming to be "memory foam" is nothing of the sort. It has no memory and is just cheap synthetic fiber.

Customer service -- Really the worst. From the issues with delivery to the protection plan sold, both Bob's Discount Furniture and Guardian Protection Products (who work together) have been difficult to deal with, unapologetic for the trouble they've caused and seemingly not honest about the protection plans being sold. We couldn't be more disappointed with our experience and would suggest that people do their homework before visiting this chain. There's a serious disconnection between what one thinks they are buying and what one actually receives.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2018

Please people, if you buy furniture at Bob’s you will get screwed. Read the reviews, they don't care what complaint about once they get your money. My couch in 3 months started peeling. I immediately called them, the store and the company. They said, "Sent pictures" so I did. Next day they informed me that this is not covered under manufacturer's warranty. I said, "The leather sofa is 6 months old and the shiny coating is starting to peel everywhere." They said it’s not covered. I even purchase the goof proof insurance, but they said that only for accidents. To make a long story short the entire couch is all peeled, looks like crap and it’s only a year and they don't want to cover anything. THEY ARE A GARBAGE COMPANY, LIARS. THEIR STUFF SUCKS. They do not stand behind their product and if you buy anything there - I warned you Joel - never ever again.

Original review: Oct. 29, 2018

I went to the Bob's Furniture in Yonkers on 10/20/18 after being approved for an AcceptanceNOW lease, which I now know is thru Rent a Center and not Bob's Furniture (found that out the hard way). After being approved, I walked in and was approached by a wonderful sales men who worked with me and my fiance's budget to help us find the platform bed and dresser with mirror that we wanted. He was so patient going thru both of our credits to try and get us a credit card and get a better deal.

Once we agreed on the furniture we wanted, we were directed to speak to a woman that works with AcceptanceNOW to go through our lease. I asked her as many questions as I can and from what I thought she seemed relatively helpful and able to answer my questions, which now I know was just false information. Since I am in the process of moving into my new apartment, she informed me that I had to show proof of address using my ID, lease or utility bill. Since I had none of those things since I am still waiting for my apartment to finish construction, I asked that once I receive the temporary license from the DMV when I legally change my address if that would be sufficient which she told me that it would. I signed the lease and gave my bank account info and was told I would be charged $49.99 to start the lease then my lease payments would begin November 4th.

Today, I changed my address at the DMV and received my temporary ID from the DMV. When I called Bob's today to provide them with the address confirmation and was transferred to what I think is AcceptanceNOW, a woman there told me that would not be sufficient documentation and that if I didn't provide proof of address by tomorrow (10/29/18) that my lease would be cancelled and I would not receive my furniture. I was NEVER informed of a 10 day period (according to the woman on the phone today 10/28/18) for me to provide proof of address or my entire lease would be voided.

I called back later asking to speak to a manager to then I was transferred to Hector who claimed to be the manager of AcceptanceNOW. My fiance spoke with Hector on the phone and told us that we had no other options unless we provided the proof of address by 10/29/18 and was going to lose our lease & furniture. He then told us they have no affiliation with Bob's Furniture and that he was the highest person we could speak with - basically that no one could help us, including Bob's Furniture or Rent a Center.

I am so disappointed and disgusted with this service. I have never personally done any business with Bob's Furniture before this, and after all this running around (along with being placed on hold and having to call back 3 times to get connected to AcceptanceNOW because they 'just wouldn't pick up the phone' according to the operator) I feel lied to, and swindled out of my money and my time. This is my fiance and I first apartment together and AcceptanceNOW and unfortunately BOB'S Furniture has made this a very unpleasant experience. At this point, with no help or assistance from either company, I will have to take my business elsewhere. I will make sure to refer my friends and family to other furniture companies so they won't have to go thru what I did. I would only give the experience one star because of the amazing salesman we had.

Original review: Oct. 28, 2018

I purchased a loveseat and sofa for $1900.00, I waited for the delivery for a week. In the meantime we disposed and gave away our current furniture. When they came to deliver the furniture all they delivered was the loveseat. I called the store and talked to customer service. I was told four different stories by four different people, managers, etc. and customer service. Now I have to wait another week for the sofa to be delivered, reason being we don't get home from work until after five o'clock. We are very disappointed and inconvenienced for another week for their mistake and no offer for an acceptable resolution. Poor Management and customer service.

Original review: Oct. 26, 2018

I purchased this set 9/2016. After our first set we got from them broke and I wanted a different set after the experience of the first set. I purchased the protection plan. I called to have service on the 4 arms of my couch and love set since they indented in and they're hard as a rock. The tech comes out takes the bottoms off looks at them and tells me there's a piece of wood that broke inside somehow and he can't fix. He asked for my phone to call customer care so he can report and then they can tell me my options. He eventually hands me my phone and says they'll take care of me and grabs his bag and leaves. Meanwhile the women from customer care says the tech said it's not a manufacturer error and there is nothing they can do. Then what did I pay $99 for?!! I asked for someone else to contact me because this isn't acceptable.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

After a year of buying a sofa and an armchair one of the three sections of the sofa is damaged by poor quality coating material. We just made a claim and the images we sent were not enough for us to respond in a negative way. It is the second time that I am completely disappointed with this provider.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

Hi, I left a review before also but no steps were taken except a phone call from them. When I bought the couch 2 years back, they were like pushing me for taking the 5 years warranty for $99. I found it to be a good offer and took it as I thought I can relax for some time if anything happens to my couch. On March 2018, I called the customer care and asked them to change the couch seats as it is really gone bad in 1.4 months, they said that they will send the replacement by April 15th. After that I followed up with them so many times but this is end of October and I didn't receive any replacement so far. They are just fake people who make fake promises and trying to make money out of that warranty which they literally force every customers to take it. This is the first and last time I bought anything from Bob's. I will not recommend anyone to go to Bob's and I make sure that no one goes after reading this review. Wish I could give ZERO stars.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2018

My full came off the adjustable frame. Never slept in it. Hard and cold. I was told to upgrade, so I bought the queen and went to a softer mattress. Took weeks to get them. It's worse. They said I must let it breathe for 72 hours. I did. It still smells. Have not been able to sleep in it for a month. I broke out with rash/sores and blood red eyes. I have a note from doctor I am allergic! They refused to take it back! $1,422.00... told me 100s of people lay on theirs in the store and they are broke in. I paid for mine in full. No help!!! Bob's should close. The cute cartoon BOB is a joke! Ok he didn't copy the station mattress like they claim.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2018

I was called a week ago by a recruiter called Joanne because I applied on LinkedIn to the office assistant position in LA - on Pico. She stated my experience was what they were looking for and after a 20 minute talk, she said that she will forward my resume to the managers at the Pico store. 5 days later, after me messaging her and asking her am I going to be called or not, her reply was, “The managers are busy” and said, “They will call you shortly.” The same day I sent her that message, I finally get a phone call from a person at the store, setting up the appointment today Monday at 3 pm. I asked him where the location of the store is, he says he doesn't know!!! Because he is new? He never sent a confirmation email afterwards confirming the location or the parking situation! So I had to figure all this out and hope I get it right! How unprofessional to start with...

I walk in, 20 Minutes early to the interview, dressed semi casual - as any NORMAL job interview, and mind you I worked in luxury fashion on Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills for 3 years, so I know what I'm talking about. So I walked in asking for Brenden, the greeter tells me to walk to the back and ask for him. After walking in, the receptionist asks me to wait to the right and she calls Brenden on the store speaker. Brenden walks up, asking me who am I and why am I here??? I told him I'm here for an interview. First thing that comes out of his mouth is why don't I have a suit on? in a passive aggressive manner! I told him usually if its required to come in wearing a suit the recruiter mentions that? And that’s usually for corporate jobs - I'm not applying for a used car salesperson job!

Then he asks me again in the aggressive manner, “Have you worked in sales before?” (thou I worked on Rodeo Drive for 3 years) and with the U.S. Military for 2 years, and as an ESL teacher and a Language consultant for the federal government! Anyways, I tell him I applied for the office assistant position. So he asks me if I have a resume I told him yes. He took the first page and walked away, so as he was walking I told him I have a second page of my resume, which he replied I don't need that. So he walked into his office and closed the door. And that’s when I decided to walk out of there and never recommend Bob’s Furniture to anyone and specially not to work in an unprofessional aggressive environment like that! I have been in a lot of interviews and had numerous jobs, but I have never encountered anything like that!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2018

I filed a claim over a week ago. Today it was denied. I called because my fiancé sat on the couch and the frame broke. Bob’s doesn’t Want to pay the claim because they are saying the frame broke and there is no defect. Guardian doesn’t want to pay the claim because they’re saying the accidental breakage of the couch wasn’t accidental. I was even told a story by the rep that someone fell off a ladder changing a lightbulb and landed on the couch and that is Yeah an acceptable claim. How does that make any sense?

That story is a complete lie but somehow my pregnant fiancé sitting on the couch and it accidentally breaking is NOT covered? This needs to be fixed. Guardian Keeps sending me to Bob’s and Bob’s Keeps sending me to Guardian. Neither company is doing anything but pointing fingers at the other company. This is the worst customer service ever. Between Bobby ** from the call center and “there being no supervisors that can speak On the phone” I’m sure there will be a lot of people that will take their business elsewhere.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2018

On Thursday, October 11th 2018, I had a mattress and adjustable base delivered. Delivery guys said, rest of parts of adjustable base were on truck. I thought delivery guys went down to truck to retrieve parts. Since I had their number on caller ID, I called them to say they forgot to bring up parts. Delivery person stated that they had to get to their next delivery and to call customer service. I called customer service rep Jeremy and he stated that 2 technicians will be at my home on Tuesday, October 16th to bring parts and assemble. I waited all day and no one showed. That evening I spoke to another customer service rep Kendal, she stated that the reason no one showed was because the part was back ordered? It was left on the truck so how could it be backordered? Kendal stated that it will take a couple of weeks to get. Next day I get an e-mail that they wanted me to take pictures of the missing parts and send to customer service.

Can someone explain to me how you can take pictures of missing parts? I called customer service again Wednesday morning of October 17th and spoke w/ Carol who stated that the e-mail was strange and disregard, no need to send pics. Then on Thursday October 18th, I got a call from the condo association at where I live that there is a huge box in the lobby, 7 feet by 3 feet, that needs to be removed because it's an obstruction and a fire hazard and God forbid it falls on one of the residents. Lo and behold it's one of the missing parts that I was told was backordered and won't be able for delivery one month that the two technicians were supposed to bring on Tuesday!!!

I called customer service again and spoke w/ Nya (sp) and she stated that they couldn't come out and deliver it to my unit Saturday, October 20th, I said that fire department and the condo association needs it out of the lobby quicker than that. Nya then connected me with her supervisor Keven, who assured me that someone would be out today, Friday October 19th to remove from lobby and install in my unit and to please call back if I didn't hear anything by 9 am on Friday October 19th. Well, no one called me by 9. I gave another hour just in case and then called customer service once again to explain my predicament, spoke w/ Stephanie who said she could get a technician out by Wednesday October 24th!!!

I told Stephanie that supervisor Kevin said they would be out today. She then tells me that Kevin never put the order for service, she then connects me to her supervisor Rebecca who then states that she will see if she can get someone out today or tomorrow but can't guarantee. So now my condo association is going to have it removed out of the lobby at my expense and Rebecca said that this is not Bob's Furniture's problem. I paid $219 dollars for white glove delivery! I would move it myself but I just had a cervical laminectomy and multilevel lumbar laminectomy and I'm not allowed to lift anything heavier than a gallon of water. I have never been treated so poorly and lied to by every single person that I have dealt with.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information