3.06/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Woodbridge, NJ

Looking for a good furniture store?

1492 Bob's Discount Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: Dec. 13, 2018

From an excellent purchase price and quality of product through its home delivery and set up Bob's Furniture gets no less than a triple AAA score from my wife and I! I've read many of the one star reviews and it seems to me that they were dealing with some other furniture supplier than Bob's!

Original review: July 23, 2018

My son just bought a townhouse and needed everything in furniture to furnish it. At the Monroeville PA location we found everything we needed! And he’s picky so that was great! Bought living room furniture, end tables, media center, dining room furniture and complete bedroom set. Our salesperson Helen deserves a raise. She was wonderful! And the crew from Milwaukee that assembled it was too! I believe they were Dimitruis and Matt but they deserve credit too! Only problem was table legs were not on truck so they are coming back which is easy to forget when you have as much stuff as we had on it. Lol! Thank you Bob's. Will be back when we need more furniture and will highly recommend them to everyone!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: July 10, 2018

Your Pedro ** is a perfect delivery guy. In my 60 years of age, I have received many furniture deliveries but never seen so professional, polite, and so energetic delivery guys. With Bob's Discount, I am dealing for the last six years and we have received three deliveries. Presently, we were stuck up with Bob's Discount for the last one month. Bob's sent three different teams to pick up old couches and replace with new one. All three teams told me that these couches cannot be taken back from this location as it is very small and new couches cannot be brought in.

All three teams told me that it was almost impossible for them to deliver. But the fourth team of Pedro ** made it possible in an easiest way possible. They were strong, professional and men of intelligent approach. What three previous teams thought impossible, they made possible in an easy way as it was not nothing difficult for them. They must be an asset for Bob's Discount Furniture. Thank you Pedro ** for your perfect job, it made my life easy.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Paid over $300 for white glove delivery of a bedroom set. They didn't want to take all pieces to the bedroom, then refused to place where I asked stating it would not fit (I moved into place no issues). They did not fully unpack and draws and doors did not function properly. They left before I could inspect so I had to set up a 2nd appointment to have it corrected. They broke a picture in my home and left packing material on my front lawn. They came prior to the time frame they gave me when they called me multiple times 2 days prior.

Bob's refused to give a full refund even though they did not do their "white glove delivery" stating against their policy to give a refund. They offered a $100 store gift card, as if I would shop there again. Interesting how they can break their policies when it meets their needs (delivery policy) but not when it is for the good of the customer (refund policy).

Original review: June 18, 2019

Passion Mattress are excellent, great conform. The foundation is strong, but is painted over the fabric the cover the wood of pine, stink inside the bedroom. It is cheap, I rather to pay more with excellent quality. Bob Furniture need to improve the foundation in order to keep the customer happy 100%.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: June 13, 2019

Bought a leather couch in January for a good amount of money. The salesperson said it was the best leather they had. After four months the seat started to show wear and discoloring. I called store then the extra protection plan, then store and sent pictures and each time they my claim was declined. They said material is not under the one year warranty or the five year protection plan. I would advise not buying from Bob's because they do not stand by their warranties and their furniture does not hold up to everyday use. Really bad that they have so many bad reviews and we can’t do anything about it.

Original review: June 8, 2019

The delivery person (Armando **) came to my home to deliver furniture. He came with an attitude that he wasn't going to be able to bring the furniture in the house. I asked him how high or long it was and with his hands said, "About this high." I said, "In inches how high is it?" He became more aggravated. I told him I can look it up on the internet through your web page. He then told me that if he was to bring it thru the back they would just drop it off in the kitchen cause we had a threshold delivery, and that what we payed for and that's what we are getting.

He made a call and I talked to the management of the delivery company or I thought it was and she also bluntly told me the same thing. I wasn't informed of that or I would of paid what I needed to do to get my furniture in the door. I then told him to wait and I would call the store and pay the difference. He then said he is to take 15 min to deliver and that's it. I was up until 3am last night getting everything ready. But at this point I became aggravated. As a former, Supervisor and Manager of a major electric company I could see that this person just simply didn't want to do his job. So I told him to take the ** furniture back. He call me an ** and said for me to go back to sleep. If I had an employee who treated a customer like that I would see that he was reprimanded and given time off.

Original review: June 7, 2019

I had ordered 7 piece living room set on 05/07/2019, only 2 pieces were delivered after multiple calls and was promised remaining items be delivered in 2 weeks. Again after multiple calls 3 more items were scheduled to be delivered on 06/07/2019. Since no one showed up on 06/07 and no calls were received to confirm delivery window, made multiple calls only to be told the items are not going to be delivered till Aug end. These thugs charged little over $1300 on 05/07 for the product showing available online only to be told after a month I have to wait 3 months!! Are they kidding!! They need a lawsuit to wake their sorry ** up!! The customer service is extremely rude instead of being sorry. PLEASE STAY AWAY, you have been warned!!

Original review: June 4, 2019

I ordered a couch off of Bob’s a month or so ago and set a delivery of June 4 (Tuesday) for Boston, MA. I received a call on June 1 confirming my delivery date. On the automated call I received confirming deliver, they stated the correct street address but INCORRECT city and state. I immediately called to clarify and get that resolved (after being on hold for 45 minutes). I was then reassured multiple times the correct address was inputted and that I was still all set for a Tuesday delivery in BOSTON.

On Monday I got a text message confirmation for Tuesday morning time slot. Again, I checked the address and everything was completely correct. Tuesday morning I wake up at 6:30 am with every expectation that my couch is arriving. I check the routing information and again, the address is correct. What isn’t, however, is the location the truck appears to be located in. The tracking information shows it’s in NYC.

As you probably could assume, my delivery was cancelled. I immediately called and it took over an hour on hold to be put in touch with a supervisor. Not only was I not openly offered compensation for their blatant glitch in their routing, but they are unable to do anything in the way of guaranteeing a future delivery date. I took off work today for this couch, and all they’re saying is that I can be added to the delivery orders as an “add on” for tomorrow but that there’s no guarantee for anything.

Customer service doesn’t exist whatsoever and I will NEVER be getting anything from bobs again. I have never dealt with a more incompetent and rude furniture company in my life. They have made no effort whatsoever to fix the issue that they’ve created. I cannot afford to take work off for the rest of the week hoping that by some miracle it arrives. DO NOT order furniture from Bob's.

Original review: May 31, 2019

Requested return of power base with mattress purchased for my 91 y/o father in hospice care at home because he required a hospital bed frame with rails. Scheduled initial pick up and delivery team never showed after sending 30 min arrival text because they were confused about an exchange note on account. Second attempt delivery team picked up Mattress only because Supervisor I spoke with to reschedule the pick up after the first fail never put in the order for pick up on the power base. Meanwhile my father is stuck with this base in his bedroom... Unbelievable. There is no flexibility when they have continued to make errors. Third attempt... We will see if they are able to get it right. Although I have to wait another 4 days. :( Very poor performance with handling returns.

Original review: May 26, 2019

I went to Bob's looking for couches and found a massage chair. Kyle, the asst mgr, told my mom and myself it has a 5 year warranty. Upon payment I was asked to purchase the 5 year warranty. I asked for Kyle to come back to speak to me but was told he’s helping a customer on the phone. I said I would wait. Then the store manager came over and I explained it to him. He went to the back and talked to Kyle. As I watched Michael and Kyle talk and as Michael talked to me, Kyle was never on the phone. They are flat out lying for each other. Do not trust the staff at Bob's in Naperville, Illinois. I emailed corporate and they stuck with the manager's story and did nothing but say how they went over warranty items on their inventory. I have the email from corporate as evidence of their "we don't care about the customers" response to me. Let the buyers beware if dealing with Kyle or Michael, the managers in Naperville, Illinois.

Original review: May 24, 2019

We bought a bedroom set from Bob’s, even after reading all the bad reviews... Well now we are one of those bad reviews. I love the style and look of the bedroom set we bought except that they are falsely stating that a certain bed frame works for all beds. Maybe they don’t understand sizes? Anyway, the first issue I had was they sent the wrong size bed rails, which I didn’t notice until I built the bed (ugh). I have a California King mattress and they gave me “Queen/King” bedrails. I called Yon (salesperson) who is lovely to deal with and he fixed the issue and the new bed rails are being delivered. That’s no longer the issue...

When I explained that the headboard and footboard were for a King mattress, not California King, the manager told him they are “interchangeable” between King/Cal King. Now if you own a Cal King you know there is no way they are interchangeable. So now I have this bed frame where there’s TWO inches on EACH SIDE where you see the slats and feet/toes can easily get stuck because this company is a cheapskate and falsely advertising that it comes in Cal King size when it doesn’t. But the pictures on their webpage show it should be flush against the bed. My next issue is that I posted a review on their website for this bed frame, explained to not purchase if you have a Cal King bed, but then they deleted it. They won’t allow bad reviews on their own website which is shady and I will not shop there again because I don’t deal with people who aren’t honest.

Original review: May 23, 2019

Bob’s Discount Furniture tried to deliver my couch 3 times to Hershey Pa which is over an hour from my house. I called several (at least 6 times) and despite speaking to managers no one was able to correct the issue and get my furniture delivered to my house. Not only this but one of their supervisors (Brandon) was very indignant telling me that despite me calling several hours in advance of my delivery to inform them that the tracker showed the delivery going to Hershey for the third time, he said that he "couldn’t tell the future and I would just have to track the delivery all day and call back when the truck was at the house before mine to report that there was an error." Which I did and for the third time management told me that I would have to reschedule and waste more hours of my life to see if the issue could be fixed.

I canceled my order and went to another furniture store who correctly delivered my couch on time within 3 days. Their customer service is horrific. The final person I spoke with - Melissa - said she did not blame me for canceling my order and the issue was that my order kept getting routed to the warehouse in Hershey instead of where I live and not one person did anything to correct it.

Original review: May 20, 2019

DON'T EVER SHOP FROM BOB'S FURNITURE. THEY HAVE THE WORST QUALITY AND THEIR INSURANCE IS A FRAUD..We paid 10,000 dollars for a trash caller furniture from Bob last year and now the couch skeleton was broken (quality issue) and the tea table legs are not stable (quality issue) and the dining table paint is peeled off which is quality issue as well and after sending 4 claims to their insurance company called Guardian they rejected all of them (we discovered after buying the furniture that their insurance is with external company and not with BOB). We paid for 5 years extended warranty, after 1 year all the furniture started collapsing and both the insurance company and Bob Furniture refused to fix them. I bought from Ashley and Raymour and Flanigan and both were extremely professional and credible unlike the Bob that has the worst quality and a fake insurance. We regret each penny paid in this trash called furniture.

Original review: May 19, 2019

Very bad. I spent more than $5000 on 24 pieces of furniture, including living room, dining room, and bedroom sets. Seven pieces were defective or did not function properly (e.g., recliner) and one was missing hardware to assemble. They refused to fix the problems or refund the $.

Original review: May 18, 2019

Horrible experience. These people are idiots. I’m seven months pregnant and have been sleeping on the floor the past two weeks. They’ve come here twice and with the wrong parts. They call you the day before and expect you to be available when they want. Then when you become available they come before their scheduled time. Their goof proof is something their own employees purchase because they don’t trust the products they sell. If you look under most beds on display most are broken. My bed broke in five months and I spent well over one thousand dollars. No one helps you when they mess up they just keep saying they are sorry and that they want to reschedule. The frustration I’ve experienced through this pregnancy is not worth the money and past two weeks of being without a bed. Stay away from this company. When something goes wrong no one is able to help.

Original review: May 18, 2019

They are the absolute worst company I have ever encountered. I would never buy anything from them. I ordered a couch online. They called me to schedule delivery and said it is not available for three months. Now I am trying to get a refund and no one knows how to actually do it. What a complete waste of time. Not to mention that I have had some of their furniture in the past and it is all falling to pieces within a couple of years. I have also taken their Goof Proof Furniture Protection which they have never honored. Don’t walk. Run away.

Original review: May 17, 2019

The salesperson was really good. I bought a loveseat sofa with chaise lounge and I had to special order the color I wanted. After 6 weeks it finally arrived and I went to the store to pick it up. Brought it back home to discover that the loveseat will not affix to the chaise resulting in the unit remaining detached. I called the store and they said it must be defective. An exchange would take 3 months. I asked for the brackets to attach, they can’t do this either. And they won’t refund my money. Don’t shop here.

Original review: May 17, 2019

My husband and I bought a new bed from the Woodbridge Va store and were told how wonderful the delivery experience would be. From taking away our old bed and box springs and fully setting up our new bed, we wouldn’t have to lift a finger! They never told the delivery men to be prepared to take away our old bed. The delivery men told me they could leave our old bed on our front lawn! I said no, absolutely not. If they couldn’t take the old bed then I was going to cancel the order.

I asked them to wait before moving anything while I called customer care. They started to move our bed out anyway and when I asked them if they were the old bed and they said no. Customer care then told me that they don’t have to take the old bed if it’s not in the delivery notes.

I told them to put my old bed back and return the order. In the process of moving my bed they put a long deep scratch in the wood floor of our bedroom. My husband said customer care said they would tell them to take the bed anyway and so I then asked the driver to wait a minute for customer care to call and the driver said ok...then just left. Worst experience ever.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I ordered the Emory-Pink full bed with the delivery and set-up. I spoke with customer service twice about the need for a box spring, because the description online was not definitive. The agent put me on an extended hold to research my question, but the response was taking so long that the agent came back online and I asked him to call me when the answer came in. Within the hour, another customer service representative called to inform me that the bed did not require a box spring. I reiterated to be sure I had the response correct. At that time, I canceled the box spring that I had ordered from another source. Today, my bed was delivered. The full delivery and set up, which I paid for, could not be accomplished because, you guessed it, there was no box spring--only four wooden slats--for the mattress, so my mattress is still in a bag next to the unusable bed. I am, of course, disappointed that I have to waste more time correcting a Bob's error.

Original review: May 15, 2019

I have been trying to get a power recliner chair repaired for my mother who is in a assisted living facility. The repair technician never ordered the necessary part. The store manager in Bridgewater said he would have the part expedited on 5/13. I inquired today, 5/15 again and still no definitive answers or date that the chair will be repaired and the manager said he had no ability to expedite a part! This is a medically necessary chair for a 100 year old woman. Bob’s does not care about customer service and do nothing to resolve issues. My mother’s quality of life depends on this chair and Bob’s is unwilling to resolve this matter.

Customer care department told me the technician cannot use his own phone to call in a report if the chair cannot be repaired because he has to move on to the next customer but he can call from my mother’s phone. When I told them she does not have a phone I was told he cannot make a call from his phone because he has to move on. Why can’t you make exceptions and do what is right for the customer. What difference which phone is used, it will take the technician the same amount of time. In short do not buy from Bob's if you expect excellent customer service because there is none.

Original review: May 11, 2019

I purchased a living room set, a dining room set and a Bedroom set with Bob’s furniture because the customer service with Ricardo at the Springfield, PA store was marvelous. Unfortunately the Goof Proof protection plan is A BIG FAT RIPOFF!!! They denied my claim because I did say the rip in my couch was “ACCIDENTAL”!!!! I told them I was not sure how it happened but I just found the rip!!! I am appalled and disgusted by the boldness and dishonesty of this company. Then when my dinning room set was delivered about two weeks after delivery I noted there was a defect on the side of the server. The replacement/fixture was denied because the technician did not deem it a manufacturer defect. What else could it had been??? It’s a super heavy server that did not budge since it was delivered.

It serves me right I thought. I should have gone to a more traditional, better reputed company! I just thought I would support a supposedly FAMILY based company. That’s all. I so regret it. I have defects in my furnitures that cannot be fixed because of the bold dishonesty of these companies!!! Disgusting!! SHAME ON YOU BOB FOR MAKING IT SEEM THIS IS A FAMILY BASED BUSINESS!!!! FAMILIES SHOULD NOT RIP OFF OTHER FAMILIES!!!!

Original review: May 10, 2019

The set is nice. I moved into a brand new house, got the bed, and a few days later had bed bug bites. They said it didn't come from them because their furniture is bed bug proof. Just an FYI Bob's, nothing man made is 100%. I got No apology, bad customer service in regards to this matter.. No exchange, No refund, and I'm Not satisfied after paying almost $3000. I would not recommend!

Original review: May 5, 2019

Hello, my customer is **. I have a layaway for over $14,000 and put $1000 a week. I was called a fraud and my order was revoked because of their mistake and later found out it was their mistake. I went make a payment gave them my card and their system read the previous customer card. That’s is the story they gave me. My order was reinstate but I’m very disappointed. At this point I don’t know if I wanna continue doing business with the company.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I tried to leave this review on their website but they refuse to post it... because it's not a good one. Within 6 months of owning these couches the "performance material" is certainly performing!... all over the floor and tracked through the house. I'm scared my toddlers or dogs might ingest it. So yeah after 6 months this material is peeling from all over the couch. It's disgusting... but no problem right? We purchased goof proof with the promise from our sales rep that it would cover ANYTHING... which was also a lie because after fighting with customer service they denied it and refuse to work with us on fixing the issue.

Original review: May 1, 2019

Bought Sectional with Goof Proof Protection plan (5 years protection). Reclining mechanism broke after 18 months. Filed claim and got the response below. Trying to make sense of this!! Plan DOES cover the problem but your problem is EXCLUDED. STAT AWAY. The plan you purchased from Bob's does cover your furniture for accidental breakage of frames, springs and mechanisms however your plan states all damages must be relatable to an accidental occurrence. EXCLUSIONS TO COVERAGE “Normal wear and tear, including damage of this type cannot be attributed to a single relatable accident. All coverages are for covered occurrences from a single incident”

Original review: April 30, 2019

I am sorry to say that I purchased the Goof Proof plan with promises of fixing my sectional should it get a rip or the foam lose its support and we received absolutely nothing in return. I complained about the frame on the couch when it was delivered. Then it broke. I called Bob's to come in and showed the technician the poor frame and the already sagging foam. He agreed it was in bad shape and Bob's did NOTHING about it.

My couch is not even a year and a half old! I then got a rip in the couch from the crappy frame and filed a claim. They will not fix ANYTHING! I will never purchase another piece of furniture from Bob's again. They do not stand by their word in the Goof Proof Protection Plan and the furniture is junk. They claim to be the same quality as their competitors, but do not be fooled. This is far from quality. NEVER AGAIN, BOB'S. Never again!

Original review: April 29, 2019

I ordered a sectional and the delivery was 45 min. later than the 4 hour time window they gave me and the couch portion is a different shade of blue than the chaise portion of it. When I reported this they said it was within normal factory specs. Now I am stuck with a sectional that an 11 year old came in and noticed the color difference.

Original review: April 25, 2019

I purchased bedroom furniture for my son. First, it was delivered broken and the wrong color. The delivery guy and the customer service representative was arguing on the phone at my house. Next, it was delivered again two weeks later, broken again in the same exact place, but the correct color (cheap furniture). I decided to return another piece of furniture (power recliner) because I do not want any of their cheaply made furniture. The recliner was picked up 7 days ago and I was supposed to receive a refund within 3-5 days but still no refund. They continue to tell me to check tomorrow or call my bank. I’ve NEVER had a problem with my bank or buying furniture from other places. Just to think that my family and I couldn’t wait to get furniture from Bob's and now I HATE THIS PLACE! I will never do business with them again and I WANT MY MONEY BACK. Poor customer service and CHEAP FURNITURE!

Original review: April 24, 2019

Bought a Montibello Dining Set. Started showing cracks all over in 15 days. When contacted with Bob's within a month then I got a response from Bob's saying those are veins. Not sure what does that mean but Bob's has their own method of cheating customers. Contacted CS multiple times & they are adamant that cracks are normal. Can you believe that!!! Stay away!!!

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information