1.14/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Woodbridge, NJ

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

1410 Bob's Discount Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Feb. 19, 2019

I've had my sectional in my family room for two yrs. It is not heavily used because my family spends more time in the living room than the family room. Anywho, I was removing the cushions to vacuum underneath and noticed a large tear front to back. It turned out to be a seam separation. I called, They sent a tech out and he even said, "This shouldn't have happened. I will report this to them. You should be getting a replacement." After three weeks I never heard anything so I called. The woman on the phone said this is not covered under manufacturer's warranty and has nothing to do with how it's made.

I asked, "Then what is covered?" "The material separated from the stitching." Although she had photos there that clearly shows the seam, She repeatedly said it's not the way it was made that caused the problem. I asked for a revisit. She said they do not send guys out twice. Not sure what to do at this point but I will NEVER buy here again. Prices are OK and in store customer service will get you to buy because they are very nice but it's not worth the headache. GO ELSEWHERE. Value City is much better???

Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Paid in full and scheduled delivery weeks in advance. Had to travel 3 hours to destination address (vacation home) to take delivery "between 9:30 am and 1:30 pm". Received notice from dispatcher, the truck was unable to deliver due to road construction (which is _within sight_ of destination). Easily circumvented. GPS would LITERALLY have redirected truck around the block (5 minute detour). Dispatcher states he will call truck and call us with update. He omits it was the last stop for the truck which we discovered later. Never called back. Several calls and 5 hours later, customer service (at call center in Arizona) advises the delivery would have to be rescheduled...soonest, 3 weeks. It should be noted, Bernie & Phyl's furniture truck delivered to the same address, same day and time with no trouble.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Feb. 15, 2019

Bought brand new bedroom set and mattress and box spring. They sold me a used mattress and box spring and headboard with UPHOLSTERY that was infested with bed bugs. No lie . The mattress. Everything. Pest control confirmed came from the furniture. My poor kid was bitten and I got my complex as a witness. Only had this since Aug 2018. Mattress was old and had bugs in it. I'm so pissed off and horrified. How can anyone buy from here. I want my money back. Suing and going to news. Over 1500 complaints. Can't believe this place is still in business.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2019

Your location. Bob’s Discount Furniture and Mattress Store 500 Trotters Way, Freehold, NJ 07728. Furniture store. A day ago. I'm VERY UNHAPPY with Bob's Customer Service. I spent over $8,000.00 there and I've had several Issues with my living room set NOT One but two!!! My sales Guy ** was FABULOUS but Customer Service is unwilling to help me with an issue because they say it out of Manufacturer’s Warranty!!!

November 17, 2017 this 2nd living room set was delivered. I called 11/5/2018 & they said I didn't call until 12/18/2018 which is False & I have a 5 year warranty Bob's Goof Proof & was told that won't cover it because that's only for accidental damage!!! I will NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM Bob's again & I Will NEVER RECOMMEND Bob's to anyone!!! I've purchased stuff here many times and sent many people to Bob's BUT NEVER AGAIN!!! I left this review on Bob's site. They called Me back and said again there is NOTHING they can do For me!!! I Hope this helps a lot of people & spares you all the grief I'm going through!!!

Original review: Feb. 9, 2019

My Power Reclining Sofa Set was delivered on January 26, 2019. On the third day, the power transformer stopped working so we called customer service and they told us that we will get part within seven to ten days. After waiting when I called customer service to know the status of a part, they told me that I won't get it before mid-March!!! We just used the recliner for two days. So I and my Friends and family now decided not to buy anything from Bob's ever.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 2, 2019

Just as the others were misled with Bob’s Furniture Store’s so called Goof Proof Warranty, so were we! Our salesman told us that it covered and damages that occurred within 5 yrs given it was not intentional. We thought Oh Great warranty! NOT! One of the recliner chairs on our sectional popped loose when my mother sat down and one of our bar stools has bulging wood on the base and leg opposite the screw on the other side as if it the tension is causing it to split. Naturally I wasn’t worried because we because it was covered under the warranty. I called to report it and was told due to my mother “sitting” down, that’s normal behavior not accidental behavior so it’s not covered and sense I didn’t know how the bat stool just cracked on its own, that too was not covered since there was no known accident that caused it!

I asked her to explain what is considered an accident and she couldn't. I called Bob’s corporate office and was told the same and since my manufacturer's warranty expired just 1 month prior, I have to pay for repairs! We paid $400 for a rip-off warranty that covers nothing but per their example stains or rips caused buy accidents like knives, pens or markers left in your pocket! Absolutely a RIP OFF!!! We will never buy from BOB'S AGAIN!!

Original review: Jan. 24, 2019

This is a scam. When you purchase this warranty you are being told everything is covered. Shortly after purchasing living set it began to fall apart at the seams. When I called to have it repaired they sent a repair person to sew it by hand. He did one cushion and said he would return. Once he called in he handed me the phone and left. Now the customer service rep stated they cannot warranty it because this was not an accident. I realize this was not an accident it was poor workmanship or sub-par product. Then I was offered to purchase covers on my dime. My response was why buy more garbage. After spending thousands of dollars over several years. Bob will never get a dime from me. Wish there were negative star ratings.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2019

Never buy from Bob's Discount! They have incapable drivers who can't deliver merchandise. Twice I waited for delivery and it was a no show. No phone call and no good excuses just lazy drivers that can't drive. I lost 2 days pay waiting for these morons! Very poor customer service reps that can find a good solution or willing to help solve the problem. I offer to pick up in store since driver were incapable of delivering and they weren't willing to work with me! Completely disgusted. I will never buy another thing from Bob's again. If I wanted my money back in which I paid cash they also told me up to 16 days for my refund. That's so wrong ! Shame on you Bob's discount furniture for ripping people off! I will tell everyone I know to never buy from them. How they are still in business I will never no!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I can't believe I have to rate this with at least 1 star. I'd go negative stars if it was an option. So severely disappointed in this sham of a furniture store. I knew that the quality of their furniture is sub-par but thought I'd give it a try just because it is cheap. The furniture started to fall apart pretty much right away so I called into their customer service dept. I should've read more reviews on their "Goof Proof" extended warranty which apparently only covers "accidental" damages. The sales person told me that it will cover everything for 5 yrs. BS! They will then explain to you what their definition of an "accident" is after they've evaluated your claim and deny it. You're better off spending the extra money on better quality with actual warranty coverage. Lesson learned and Bob's just lost another customer.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I have shopped at Bob's before and had a pretty pleasant experience. So when my husband and I were in the market for a new dining room table, we decided to go back to Bob's. It started with me ordering the table online and I received a call the next to day to schedule delivery. A few hours later, I get a message that the order was cancelled and my money would be refunded. They never gave a reason, but I had recently changed my name and figured maybe that was the why. Since I thought it was a name issue on my card, we reordered the table with my husband's card instead. At this point, I was not upset since they said my refund would come in the next few days.

Fast forward 2 weeks (I gave it plenty of time), I called Bob's and they told me it could take a few weeks and that it was still processing. 2 weeks after that, I called again. They were unsure what the problem was and that they would have the accounting department call me back. 3 more phone calls over the next month and a half went the same way - they always said the accounting department would call me back. Finally, I became frustrated enough and asked to talk to corporate. Calling the corporate number just transferred me to the store, which is not what I wanted. They make talking to someone at corporate extremely hard (probably on purpose), but I was not giving up. This was $400 that I wasn't getting back.

FINALLY, I was able to talk to someone from corporate. I told her my story and she looked into it and said my refund was already initiated. I assured her that I did not receive my money and that I would be happy to submit bank records to verify this. She told me there was nothing they could do about it and that I should call my bank. I called my bank and confirmed that the money wasn't processing or hidden somewhere. Once again I called them back (this is probably the 10th call at this point) and asked to speak to the manager. The "manager" was EXTREMELY rude. I usually do not get angry at customer service reps because I understand that they have it rough, but when someone is telling me, and I quote, that it is not her problem that my money wasn't showing up in my bank account then all bets are off.

After getting absolutely nowhere with asking her to send me the information saying that the refunded was given on their end and again offering to send them bank statements, I told her I was filing a charge with my bank. She literally responded with "I don't care what you do." I was shocked. I can't believe the audacity someone could have when it is THEIR JOB TO SERVICE ME, THE CUSTOMER.

I ended up filing a charge with my bank and they determined that there was wrongdoing on Bob's end so I was refunded the money, but it should have never have gotten to that point. If I am offering to provide you proof that I did not receive my money, then as a business, you should be doing everything you can to help me. I will NEVER shop at Bob's again and will be telling everyone I know not to as well. BEWARE of Bob's and their unprofessional business practice!!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

I will start by saying I first placed my order for a dresser and a nightstand with Bob's online - after a couple of days of being unsure of my selection I went in person to the Worcester store. I explained my doubts to the associate - we looked around and I found something I liked slightly better so he made the exchange in the computer and seeing nothing was delivered yet it should have been an easy switch. I paid for my new pieces and waited for my credit on the previous selected pieces. Then I wait for the new set - delivery was smooth and delivery guys were wonderful and quick. Weeks go by and I never see my credit from before - so now I've paid for 2 sets - I called 3 times! They ask me to wait another 3-5 days every time I call - I call again and this time a little more agitated and lo and behold the refund was never even started - never processed by the first associate. Yaaaaaa. I finally receive my credit!

Now getting back to my new set - when the delivery guy put my dresser down it was immediately wobbly - he tells me it's because of the legs (mission style) and on thick rugs it will wobble - UGHHH. I don't like it at all. Today I call to say it's only been 3 weeks and I'm not happy with how it sits on my rug and would like to have a refund - they say absolutely not - hmmm so I ask for a store credit and they say absolutely not -- okkk now what! They say they are sorry but only if the piece was defective they would send me another one. I tell them I don't want the same style dresser though and they say, "Sorry you picked it out. UGHHH. It's only been 3 WEEKS! I am extremely unhappy and every website and every place to send a review I will send this story - poor customer service and poor policies will spread like wildfire through the mouths of consumers!!!

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I purchased a adjustable bed and bed frame from your store in Woodbridge NJ on 1/6/19 with a delivery date of 1/9/19. On 1/9/19 the delivery driver arrived and informed us the wrong adjustable base was sent and the bed could not be installed. We refused the merchandise and it was sent back. I called the store on 1/9/19 to inform them and went there in person on the same date and a new delivery date was set for 1/10/19. On 1/10/19 the installers arrived and advised us the bed could not be installed since the footboard was not included in the delivery. I immediately contacted the store and customer service to advise them of this, and was given a new delivery and install date of 1/12/19.

On 1/12/19 the installers arrived around 7:58 am, once again, when they went to install the bedding they notice the screws for the bed frame were missing. I called the customer care center at 10 am as soon as they opened. I spoke with Daniel and advised him if the bedroom set could not be installed today, I wanted to return the merchandise for a full refund. Upon conclusion of speaking with Daniel, he advised me he spoke to his supervisor who stated the install staff would return to the distribution center, pick up the hardware and once approved by the distribution center, they would be back today to install the merchandise.

I waited and once I did not get a response I contacted the store. I was advised the managers were in a meeting and someone would call me back. I arrived at the Woodbridge location at 2:12 pm and asked to speak to a manager. I spoke with the salesperson and Maria at the front desk. Another women was speaking with them and working on my issue. I again asked for the Manager and the women named Tracy advised me that my delivery charges would be refunded.

I was still not satisfied, since I asked to speak to a manager and still was not granted my request. I finally asked the other workers at the front desk "who the manager" was and they advised me it was Tracey. I am highly disappointed in her managerial skills, Tracey never stated she was the manager and never spoke to me when I requested it.

I then asked to speak to the store manager. I spoke with Dominick ** and made him aware of what occurred and my dissatisfaction (with tears running down my eyes from frustration). I also advised him of the request to speak to Tracy and how I was brushed off. Dominick, assured me he would speak to Tracy regarding my dissatisfaction. My salesperson Jonathan was sympathetic to my issue and tried to make me whole in every way, but he kept being told by Tracey there's not much she could do. The end result my new delivery date is set for 1/16/19. I am appalled at the service I received, as I have had to double my blood pressure medicine and have had a headache for the last 5 days. I will never shop at Bob's ever again, or recommend this business to anyone.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

We just received the Ventura bedroom set, the quality is very poor. On their website said that it is made of Poplar Solid and Cherry Veneers, well, it is actually made of MDF with very very thin layer of cherry. When their delivery guy delivered the furniture, they slightly hit one of the piece to the wall and cause the nightstand cracked, and this really surprised me, and I used the flashlight to see the cracks, it is MDF not real wood all around their drawer and body, I like their price and design, but it is really disappointed me that how they are not being honest with material that used on the furniture. Very very dissatisfied and disappointed with Bob's Discount Furniture.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I purchased a $2,700 sectional from Bob's furniture and the additional Goof Proof. The sectional had two ends that were reclinable and an armless reclinable piece. It is a piece of junk and do not buy furniture from Bob's. Their furniture is made terrible that's why it is so cheap compared to competitors. This is the second time I have purchased a living room set from Bob's in 15 years and both times the furniture looked at 20 years old after a year. We live in a home with no children and no pets. Just my boyfriend and I. Half the sectional was never used. All of the fabric started to tear away from the seams on the section of the sectional that we never sat on. It was almost like the fabric dried out or something and just started to split three pieces out of 5. Believe it or not the two that didn't have a problem with the two we sat in regularly every single evening.

I had only owned the furniture for a year-and-a-half. The seams are not coming apart. The fabric attached to the seams is tearing away from the stitching. They told me that from regular wear and tear. Can you imagine that basically what they're saying is even if you don't use your furniture which we didn't it's going to fall apart. I promise you save your money save up money and go someplace else. Their furniture is junk. Their service is **. Goof proof is a scam. I had to have the armless recliner replaced once already because it's made so cheap that they attach the metal lever to a tiny piece of plastic and it snaps off and then they give you the runaround when they go to replace it.

It has been a terrible experience that same exact piece has broken again and their representative that came out to my home actually said it's a design defect. They should put a solid piece of plywood in there. It gets caught on this little piece and snaps. We've seen it hundreds and hundreds of times. He said there is no way to fix it. You need a new piece. He explained that to customer service on the phone. They said okay. He handed me my phone back and said they'll take care of it from here and he left. She put me on hold honest-to-god. I think it was to wait for the technician to get out of my driveway came back and said we actually can order a part for that. I knew they couldn't because this is the second time this has happened in the first time they put me through the same game.

I explained to her that this is already happened to me in the past and she assured me that there was a new part and it would be delivered by the first week of December. Of course I never received the part. When I reached out to them they expressed to me that it was on backorder. It's now January 12th and I still don't have the part so I reached out to them again and they told me that part was already delivered and I signed for it. Fortunately for me all communications with them have been done via email so I have all of the documentation.

When I reached out to them to express that I did not receive the item and I did not sign for it. They told me to go to the Post office and checked there. So I did and when they told me they had no record of the tracking number that Bob's Furniture gave me finally pick the phone up and called them and I read them the riot act. I demanded a copy of the so-called signed delivery sheet. I wanted a picture in a part number of the items they supposedly had dropped off. I wanted the driver who dropped it off. I wanted the tracking number after going through everything I just said here and in more detail. She put me on hold and came back and said that the supervisor has agreed to order me a new piece of furniture since it's been on backorder.

They lie. They try to break you down and they hope that you will eventually give up. Do not give up on them. Hold them accountable. I have so many conversations going back and forth between their customer service and how many times have changed what they said and expressing to them that the so-called wear and tear and my furniture. My parents brought furniture 20 years ago from Jordan's and it's still in their home and is fine. My boyfriend stop furniture from Bernie and Phyl's about 10 years ago. There's nothing wrong with it. My boyfriend's mother bought a sectional from Bernie and Phyl's 15 or so years ago. Everything still works and looks fairly new.

I have had this furniture 18 months and it is falling apart. It is garbage. Read the reviews. There are no good reviews about Bob's Furniture. I am now waiting again to hear from them about when do you plan on replacing this piece of furniture. We are going on months now. They are terrible and I don't know how the district attorney and Consumer Reports and whoever else goes after people like this. I can't believe they haven't been reprimanded punished or sued their ** off. They are terrible.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

I spend thousands of dollars on 24 pieces of furniture. Seven pieces were defective or did not function properly (e.g., recliner) and one was missing hardware to assemble. They refused to fix the problems or refund the $.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Two weeks ago I had a recliner chair delivered. Due to multiple spine surgeries I tend to sleep in it often. I also suffer from fibromyalgia along with several autoimmune disorders and a weak immune system. And am chemical sensitive meaning I can experience very bad allergic symptoms, headaches, stomach issues, etc. On the first night I did just that. The chair was made with polyurethane foam. The smell was so strong it cause my system to flare. Along with the fact the chair was much too hard for me and the footrest handle was not properly installed. Stuck out three inches from side of chair. I called the store. Explained in detail my issues, my health, the chair was too hard and the smell of the poly foam causing me to have a reaction and was allowed to exchange for something else.

One week later they delivered another chair and sadly I had the same issue only worse. I had hives, rash, severe headache and asthma attack. I immediately called the corporate office in Manchester explaining my health issues how sick I was the previous night and asked that it be picked up and my credit card refunded. Knowing it’s not their policy but I physically was being made ill from the polyurethane foam and as there was nothing in my price range that I could exchange for as they all had polyurethane foam I needed to go elsewhere.

After being put on hold several times she returned and claimed I returned the prior chair because it was too soft. That since there was nothing in the system stating I had health issues (they totally didn’t report the true reason for the need to return which was my health) that I was lying. I feel they wanted to cover their own **. They refuse to help this time. Now I have a chair that I can’t use as is. Going in the garage tomorrow because it’s making me sick. I’ll never buy from them again. My skin feels like a million bee stings. My inhaler is needed and my stomach is killing me. Being chemical sensitive the allergic reaction is unbearable. If you have any sensitivity to smells RUN FAST FROM BOB'S. I’m beside myself. I want to cry. I don’t know what else to do. I just want it gone. BEWARE OF BOB'S!!! They’re out for themselves. The customer is never right as far as they’re concerned.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Two accent chairs were delivered damaged. One chair had a rip in the arm and the other accent chair was damaged in the back. I called to report and there was a 10-15 minute wait time on hold. I was told they had to sent out a tech to look at damage so I scheduled and had to miss some work time. Tech fixed one chair but the other chair needed replaced which now required me to schedule another delivery, miss more work because they won't deliver on a Saturday unless its a new order. I don't think I should be penalized because their delivery service damaged my chairs or they came from the warehouse like this and now the delivery must be a weekday when I work. The day the chair was to be delivered I was in my way home from work to meet delivery people- I got a call from driver- I told him I'd be there in about 10 minutes.

Then I immediately got a call from a rep from Bob's delivery- which I again told her I was on my way. As I was pulling up to my house I saw the delivery truck pulling away- I tried to wave them down but they ignored me and left. Had to call and was on hold again for 10- 15 minutes. I did use call back option and they could not help me. I don't think they really cared and I had to reschedule again for next week and miss more work. We'll see what happens next week. Not an easy furniture company to work with. All I want is the furniture I paid for delivered undamaged. Don't know if I'll ever shop here again and I still need a kid's bedroom set and family room furniture. I'm just completely disappointed in how this has been handled.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I purchased the longest sofa Bob's sells on 11/17. About 3 months ago I noticed the cushions were going flat. This past New Year's Eve, my son in law sat down and we heard a crack. I wrote a Google review and Bob's did reach out to me. Bob's told me they would send someone out to look at the sofa in which they did and just left. It turns out the frame was cracked. The technician made a call with my phone to headquarters, gave me my phone back, made a quick beat to the door and left.

I talked to Ethan and he told me it wasn't a manufacturer defect, even though there are no center support legs for such a long sofa. The sofa in 1 month passed the one year warranty. The frame of the sofa cracked because of a manufacturer defect because we do not allow any mistreatment of our furniture. I never had a sofa go bad as fast as the one from Bob's Furniture. Apparently they really don't believe in the quality of their furniture because they offered no additional help. I will never step another foot into a Bob's Furniture store again.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

I called to see if my guarantee was still on. They told me yes but they said that my sofas are not covered in full but when they sell the guarantee they never say what’s cover what made. Sofas are peeling. They told me it was leather and it’s not. I am very disappointed because they never explain to you that their insurance doesn’t cover everything.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2019

Purchase kitchen table and chairs and the warranty. What a mistake on both accounts. Furniture came damaged (the leaf) and bench. Had to have both reorder items and technician visit house (to no avail). Shortly after under normal usage bench cross support broke in 2. Surprise it's not covered under warranty! Not considered an "accident" or part of the structure of the bench. Legalize!! Then a week later someone got up from a chair and rear cross support broke in 2. Getting a new bench (this is the 3rd one) and a technician to look at chair. They will not refund $$ only give a store credit. Why would we want another piece of this cheaply made furniture. This all occurred in less than 2 months' time. Will never ever buy from them again and will tell the masses of this experience.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

The plan does not cover any accidents rip, tears, spills, etc. as explained by the salesperson. The Goof Proof "rep" have placed loopholes in the policy in which the goof proof only covers "Accidental Rips, Cuts, Punctures, and Burns from a specific incident" in which the rep could not define what that even means. Don't waste your time or money dealing with these dishonest people.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Purchased a couch from Bob's. They told us to buy the insurance because they will cover anything that happens to it within 5 years. Couch broke from sitting on it, Bob's won't cover it. They said it needs to be from an "accident." And they don't back normal use. Don't back normal use? What type of product are you selling then? Why did you tell me the Goof Proof covers everything. If you had the unfortunate experience of buying the Goof Proof, make sure it's an accident. I'll "accidentally" never be stepping another foot into a Bob's Furniture again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Scheduled a service call for our adjustable bed. Bob's service was a no show, no call and no explanation. Unacceptably long hold time for Customer Service. When I called back Bob's customer service had no record of my appointment and no explanation why. Would only offer another appointment a week later.

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

I have a problem with the person coming to my home review the problem and tell me he is going to order another piece so I'm sitting at home a week and a half later no word from Bob's called today and they tell no piece have been ordered, that's one lie then that my warrants is expired which I updated everything this year and still I have to have broken furniture in my house and still pay this bill REALLY BOB'S IS FULL OF **. WILL TELL EVERYBODY I KNOW NOT TO BUY FROM BOB'S. PERIOD.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Poor Service is was told that the Bob's Goof Proof will cover the furniture for 5 years if anything goes wrong. Well the board broke in my chair and they will not fix it so now I have a chair that leans to one side. I will never buy from Bob's again.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Worst company to work with. Bought a Sofa and within 3 months the upper frame is bowing out. Had a "professional Agent" come to my home to take pictures and said, "You have an issue with frame and parts are loose." Had to call CS because nobody let me know what status of my warranty replacement was. Told my issue is not covered by manufacture warranty. 3 Months??? They read from a scripted response. STAY AWAY FROM BUYING ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!! Such a SCAM!

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I bought the Louie Cherry dresser and chest of drawers bedroom furniture. I was disappointed in the size of the drawers, they were half the size of the old dresser, the socks that fitted comfortable in the old drawer could not fit in Bob’s new drawer. I was mostly disappointed in the chest of drawers because on the top of the chest the wood seemed to be split in two; later I learned that it is known that they were having problems with seam separation; that what it is called. I called several times and each time they promised to send someone over the look at it. They never sent any one, and eventually I was told that the dresser is no longer under warranty. I would advise everyone to stay away from Bob’s Furniture, they cut corners and provide substandard workmanship, and use every trick and the gray areas to scam you out of your money, the government should shut them down.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

For the first time in my life, I bought a sofa & 2 electric recliners online 4 months ago. I have never had such cheap and poorly made furniture. Although they looks nice, they are so uncomfortable to sit in. I will never buy from Bob's again. I am willing to give away the cheap sofa to my nephew and purchase a new one that made of quality craftsmanship. Buyer beware!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

I purchased a sofa, and the power keeps failing, and I had a technician come out only to have it break down again two weeks later, and I was told by customer service they will not return purchases after three days of the original purchase date.

Original review: Dec. 24, 2018

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST SHOPPING EXPERIENCE IN OVER 50 YEARS OF BEING A UNITED STATES CONSUMER. The salespeople at this place will LIE LIE LIE, ANYTHING to make a sale. We purchased a $3600 leather sectional. We were told time and time again, that Goof Proof covers ANY kind of accidental damage for 5 years after the sale. That was the only reason that we purchased such an expensive sofa set. We would have NEVER purchased ANYTHING in that store had we read all the THOUSANDS of negative reviews about Bob's, particularly about their COMMON practice by the sales staff to lie about Goof Proof plan and always say that it covers any kind of damage.

The color finish on the leather is coming off, and at this point we're sure the material is anything BUT leather. The seams on the covers come apart with the slightest bump with a vacuum, to the point that only after a year, ALL 5 sectional pieces have rips in them. My sister went to Big Lots and purchased similar furniture there at LESS than 1/5th of the price and that furniture looks and feels like it did when it was new. Our $3,600 sectional looks like CRAP. We finally filed a claim with Goof Proof. The whole process from beginning to end is like pulling teeth. The Goof Proof protection plan is through a very shady company (Guardian), which also sells extended warranty protection for automobile dealerships.

THIS COMPANY HAS MILLIONS OF UNSATISFIED CUSTOMERS. That should have been another red flag. Guardian makes it EXTREMELY difficult to file a claim. I tried for an entire week to get through with anyone on the phone to file this claim. To sum this up, ALL the damage on the sectional SHOULD HAVE BEEN COVERED, according to the salesman and according to their own fine print; but it was of course denied. I will be filing a lawsuit in small claims court next week, and I will update on the court proceedings so others can do the same.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information