2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Woodbridge, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.34/5

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

**, was my sales associate at BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE, located at Great Northern Plaza 26350 Brookpark Road North Olmsted Oh 44070. ** answered all my questions and was very informational about the different pieces of furniture I was looking at. She was polite and very friendly. I definitely would recommend Bob's Furniture to my family and friends and I would HIGHLY recommend friends & family to **, she was the Best. Thank you ** for all your help.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Bob's Discount Store is perfect when "shopping on a budget", however they have great finds also. YOU MUST READ ALL THE SMALL PRINT. COMPARE AND RESEARCH THE QUALITY OF MATERIALS USED TO BUILD WHAT YOU'RE BUYING. This furniture is not going to last an entire lifetime but it can if you take care of it. I do not recommend their Goof Proof. It was way more of a hassle. I did have 2 different items at 2 different times that were recalled and I was able to choose brand new pieces. Every location and warehouse is different and so keep in mind that you will have different experiences. I like "The Pit". These items are at a huge discount and have to pick them up within 24 hours. Not a horrible place. Have a great day everyone!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Aug. 6, 2020

Bought the Store Demo Mattress model from Bob's Discount Furniture in Vernon Hills, IL for a good price. However, I got duped into purchasing a brand new box spring/platform at FULL PRICE! So they DID NOT LOSE MONEY!??? Furthermore, their alleged FREE DELIVERY has a "Mileage Range" associated with it, and our apt fell a few miles OUTSIDE that Limit - plus they were NOT willing to negotiate + or - on the delivery fee. Overall, we spent ~3hrs in that Store and came away with the back of our Minivan FULL!???

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

I am 57 years old, the Bob's Hybrid King size mattress is the most supportive, most comfortable therapeutic mattress I’ve ever slept on. The price was half of what I would have paid for a name brand at a conventional mattress store. Quality all new material, hypoallergenic, no smell even when delivered new out of wrapper. I love the hybrid springs under memory foam, great support for my achy back.

Longest warranty of any mattress manufacturer 20 years. This mattress is 3 years old now and no signs of mash out rolled corners. Like the day I bought it, very durable. At half the price of Sealy, Stearns & Foster you name it. And you can go to Bob's storefronts and test drive one that fits your needs and comfort level. No internet out of box surprises you haven’t tried. Purple casper. Move over. Try Bob's Discount Furniture, your wallet and your back will thank you.

Original review: May 9, 2020

I personally prefer Bob's Discount Furniture. Their Bob-o-pedic foam mattresses last about 10 years, and they come at a great price. I have tried other companies, like Jordan's and their mattresses don't hold up as well. Plus they are pretty pricey. I recommend going into a Bob's store, so you can physically check the quality of the furniture. If you're buying anything with drawers, ask for dovetail. They will hold up a lot better.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2021

I purchased a Queen bed and a very expensive mattress in February 2020. About a month later one of the slats broke and, as a consequence, my mattress is now being supported by a pile of books. Also, the mattress acquired an indentation of about 2 inches. I am 5' 4" and weigh only 120lbs so it wasn't my weight that created these problems. I reported both issues immediately. It took over 8 months for the company to send someone to view the damage. He took photographs and measurements and assured me he would return with a new slat. That was three months ago. I have not received the new slat yet. Bob's finally agreed to exchange the mattress but have given me a time restrain. If I don't select one before January 28th then their offer is withdrawn. The after-sales service of this company is nothing short of atrocious.

Original review: Jan. 7, 2021

I'll make this short and sweet. I ordered a bedroom set 6 months ago and still have nothing! They don't call with updates and when you try calling it's impossible to get a hold of anyone. I finally got ahold of someone and got a delivery date. "Keep in mind 6 months later" they came and dropped off two poles only! I went to store and asked for my money back. They said no since they dropped off two poles!!!!

Original review: Jan. 5, 2021

I notice Bob’s doesn’t have the option rate their business. Worst customer service ever. I ordered a bedroom set OCTOBER 16. The first delivery date was 12/5/2020. I got a text that they were 8 MINUTES from my house at 3:18pm. No furniture. I missed a call from them after 5pm that evening, reporting that they did not finish their route due to the snow. Dec 16 Called and tried to reschedule the delivery. They couldn’t reschedule until the end of Jan because the “product is not available.” They sold the furniture that I already paid for to someone else! Projected delivery end of Jan.

I go into the store Dec 21 on my next available day off, because at this point I need the bed, and they move it up to Jan 5. Jan 2 I get a confirmation text that my deliver is scheduled for Jan 5, 2021 and then that same evening I get a text from the store manager that my shipment has been delayed and she’s reschedule it to Jan 21. I said no this does not work for me and requested a refund. 5-10 BUSINESS DAYS to process a refund. Banks don’t even hold paper checks that long. I recommend spending your money elsewhere. Its cheap furniture and its (lack of) quality does not make up for the inconvenience.

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

I have been told 4 different delivery dates. And still no furniture. I was given a guarantee and that was not meet. I waited for 1 piece to deliver and truck never came and no one called! There is no higher up to talk to. Every person in customer service gave me a different story. Including Managers. I even went to my local store and they have no higher up and no answers. I filed support tickets and all were closed and marked "solved" ?? no one called me. Can't trust answers. My order was placed 11/6/20. Now it's 1/4/21. No furniture. NO IDEA WHEN IT'S COMING!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2021

Ordered a couch in November. Told delivery would be first week in December. It is now January. Still have no couch but they did charge my credit card. No notifications from them. I have to go to store to find out delivery gets changed. They do not respond to phone calls or emails. In person customer service is horrible.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information