2. Homeowners

Woodbridge, NJ

3.5/5 (944 ratings)

About Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 10, 2021

**, was my sales associate at BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE, located at Great Northern Plaza 26350 Brookpark Road North Olmsted Oh 44070. ** answered all my questions and was very informational about the different pieces of furniture I was looking at. She was polite and very friendly. I definitely would recommend Bob's Furniture to my family and friends and I would HIGHLY recommend friends & family to **, she was the Best. Thank you ** for all your help.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2020

They had what I was looking for, a leather dual reclining sofa, that had an electric adjustable headrest and footrest. The cost was about a thousand dollars. Included was delivery and set up. I searched over dozens of furniture stores and department stores, nobody came close to having the sofa that I purchased from Bob furniture.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2020

Bob's Discount Store is perfect when "shopping on a budget", however they have great finds also. YOU MUST READ ALL THE SMALL PRINT. COMPARE AND RESEARCH THE QUALITY OF MATERIALS USED TO BUILD WHAT YOU'RE BUYING. This furniture is not going to last an entire lifetime but it can if you take care of it. I do not recommend their Goof Proof. It was way more of a hassle. I did have 2 different items at 2 different times that were recalled and I was able to choose brand new pieces. Every location and warehouse is different and so keep in mind that you will have different experiences. I like "The Pit". These items are at a huge discount and have to pick them up within 24 hours. Not a horrible place. Have a great day everyone!

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

Paid a fair price for couch, loveseat and 4 pillows. Got a stain kit and service contract. Was delivered on day stated. After about a week, I noticed a small tear where fabric covered the framework in front. Customer service asked me to submit pictures via email. A new loveseat was delivered within a few days.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

I was screened and greeted warmly. Given an overview of the layout with an offer to assist as need, then they left me alone which is greatly appreciated. When I had a question, someone was immediately available and helpful. No one was “salesy” or pushy. Genuinely helpful and respectful. My order was simple to place and arrange delivery. Updates regarding my delivery were timely and accurate.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2021

Jose L., treated me as less than human. Refused to deliver to my apartment because it’s street parking only. He claims they don’t service the city. They don’t deliver to the Boston cities. He drove off on me. Waived his hand in my face as to dismiss me. I found him parking spots and said I would pay for it and he ignored me. Wouldn’t even look me in the eye. He took pictures of me. I would recommend spending your money elsewhere where you can receive better treatment.

Original review: Oct. 8, 2021

I ordered a couch on 6/1/21 and was told it was out of stock for two months which I agreed to wait. Received weekly updates and then finally got a text that my couch would be delivered on 8/20/21. On 8/17/21, I received a text that my couch would not be delivered on 8/20/21 as promised and I would have to wait until mid October because my furniture was stuck on a ship in Long Beach, CA. Received an email on 10/5/21 stating my couch would not be delivered now until mid February 2022...humph. Is my couch really on a boat in Long Beach or was this just a big lie??? I find it very hard to believe my couch is stuck in Long Beach for that length of time so I am waiting to hear a response from Bob's. This first explanation sounded a bit a bit fishy to me so I am interested to hear how they explain this new delay. My problem is that I custom ordered a La-z-Boy recliner to match this couch that I do not seem to be getting at this point. Very disappointed.

Original review: Oct. 1, 2021

I am writing today to log a complaint against your company. Items delivered today are damaged and poorly constructed. Drawers don't line up properly. Corners are damaged. Items were not taken out of box to verify conditions before drivers departed my location. Upon speaking with your customer care rep, I am utterly disgusted with your service. I was advised that I must wait for a repair tech to verify items irreparable.. During this time of Co-Vid disease, I'm forced to allow a stranger into my home. I'm being forced to contact my credit card provider to place a dispute on these charges. I'm being forced to miss more work time without any compensation from your company. At this time the only satisfaction Bob's can guarantee is the complete removal of these defective items from my home and full IMMEDIATE refund of paid funds. I am also advising that a full B.B.B complaint as well as reporting this negative interaction to any business reviews websites.

Original review: Sept. 30, 2021

Do not shop at Bobs!!! I purchased a bedroom set for my son at the Wharton NJ store. Our salesman was "Just Paul" who suggested we go with a low profile foundation, even though the the bed displayed had a full size foundation; we trusted his advice and of course it was the wrong fit for the style of bed and it looked awful; so then the mishaps began; I called and requested the right size foundation be delivered; spoke with a Larry from "Customer Care" who informed me that they would waive the original delivery fee of $239.99 and he scheduled a delivery date for the correct foundation; so they show up a week later to pick up the wrong size foundation BUT didn't have a new foundation to delivery. So we denied the pick-up since they had NO foundation to deliver; it gets better; now I'm going back and forth with "Customer Care".

There was a Catherine; a Jonathan; a Dora; a Jorge; a Walbalie; a Stephanie; and at the Wharton New Jersey store there was a Theresa; a Latasha and a Ubaline. Now no one seems to know who Larry and/or any of the other "Customer Care" representatives are. Customer care says that the Wharton store has to be the ones to approve the refund but Wharton store claims we need to find Larry. The best part was that "Customer Care" kept saying that when the furniture was ALL delivered, they would recompense us $100 for each mishap; so finally the furniture is all delivered (with the exception of the wrong foundation which is still against the wall in the bedroom since they've yet to pick up) and NOW they informed us that all they can do to compensate is give us a $100 credit to use at Bob's; the absurdity of all this is truly surreal...

ALL I am asking for is a $239.99 delivery fee be waived as a courtesy to compensate for ALL the headaches, miscommunications and two trips I had to make to Virginia to accept the deliveries for my son, all were caused by errors on their part. And did I mention we STILL have the wrong foundation because they claim they cannot pick-up and deliver simultaneously so fingers crossed they show up soon to pick that up. We should have walked away when Just Paul couldn't convince us to buy all the extras and the store manager came and chatted over 20 minutes trying to convince us himself. NEVER AGAIN!!!

Original review: Sept. 28, 2021

We had ordered couches, end tables, coffee table and dining set at the end of June from Bob’s Furniture in Gilbert, AZ. We were told it would be about 30 days out. We completely understood that and have been getting weekly updates regarding our products pushing all of our products out to a further date. (Every Tuesday we get updates pushing it further and further out). It is now September 28 and we just received an email stating we are now pushed out until mid December. It is a typical bait and switch; bait you with 30 days out and now pushes you out to almost 6 months. This is fraudulent and not right.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information