Woodbridge, NJ

3.3/5 (899 ratings)

About Bob's Discount Furniture

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: July 12, 2021

I've purchased a dinning room table in November 2020 and waited two months for delivery. Once I got the table it appeared to be fine, but over two months developed a white stain on the tabletop. I've called Bob's service department on three different occasions for the stain and the stain was not removed. All of the techs stated they could not do anything and advised me to contact my insurance company, which I purchased at Bob's Furniture. I called the company and they stated it's a manufacturer issue and to speak with Bob's. Furniture to resolve the issue.

The back order has been over five months trying to resolve this issue. I spoke with a supervisor on 6/19/21 who stated I would be receiving a new tabletop but could not place the order because the table was on back order and to call after July 1st. I called today 7/12/21 and now Bob's Furniture is stating there's nothing they can do nor would honor my replacement. This was the first time I ordered furniture from Bob's and will be the last time. Please don't not buy any items from the company.

Original review: July 10, 2021

We have purchased furniture from Bob's Discount Furniture over the past 7 years. We have used the no credit financing called Acceptance Now each time. We used this method 5 times. We would pay one loan off and finance another set of furniture when we needed it. This last time, we did as we always did and this was at the end of 2019. We made our payments but then the pandemic hit at the beginning of 2020.

We encountered some financial difficulties and money was extremely tight. I would try to call the store where we made payments and there was no answer. Of course, in the beginning all of the stores were closed. So I tried again when businesses were opening back up. No answer at the number we would call; so I tried the main store number and was told the Acceptance Now people were not back yet and we would have to wait until they returned. This was over a course of 6 months. I finally contacted someone and I was told that our account was turned over to Rent A Center. We received no phone calls or anything in the mail that this occurred.

When I explained to the Acceptance Now rep that we had difficulty financially during the acute phase of the pandemic and tried to reach someone there, I was told because it was past due, we would have to deal with Rent A Center. So, I called Rent A Center, started to make a monthly payments. Even though, I was never given any contract that explained what the terms would be with Rent A Center (i.e. interest rate, date of payment due, grace period or late fees). And if I didn't make the payment when the Rent A Center called and didn't get back to them right away (within the same day), then a Rent A Center truck pulled up to my driveway one day, a man came up to my door to discuss and/or collect payment.

I was definitely taken aback by this practice which is illegal. I told this man that I would make my payment during that week which I did. This has happened twice but still no contract which explains terms or anything. So, I called the Bob's Discount store that we have bought all of the furniture to speak with a representative about this. I explained the situation and why our account was sent to Rent A Center after doing so much business with them and paying off each and every financed purchase with them. The discussion I had with the rep really didn't make any sense and really didn't tell me anything. I suppose going the route of not checking credit to purchase furniture is not the way to go in the end.

My husband is a retired military vet and I work full time and I don't appreciate being treated like POS that doesn't pay our bills. We had some difficulty during the pandemic as did a lot of other people and Bob's Discount Furniture and Acceptance Now did not event take the time to listen or try to work out another payment plan. Instead, we now have to deal with Rent A Center's illegal practices and their attempted intimidation practices. I am trying to pay this as fast as I can but now I have obtain their terms which I know are certainly not what we agreed to with Acceptance Now through Bob's Discount Furniture. We are really not bad people and we do pay our bills.

Original review: July 6, 2021

I usually do not write reviews but for this purchase it was a must! It was the worse experience I have had in purchasing anything in my whole life. The initial purchase was good when I was in the store and was deciding on what to buy the sales associate was nice. But it was after I got the furniture that I realized I made a big mistake..SO where do I begin. I paid for white glove service where two or more people come to setup the furniture in your home; and that was when the problems began. They could not set up my bed for me because the foot board was "broken" (ended up being a lie) and I had to sleep on my floor for a week until someone else came out the following week with a new piece to fix it.

The second person end up coming out with no new piece to be put on and did not even look at the problem thoroughly. He seemed like he was in a rush. At that point I was fed up and I wanted my money back or new furniture as soon as possible but that was not gonna happen after I spoke to someone at customer service hotline. They told me I could not be refunded due to the furniture being in my house already and the new furniture could not come out to me until a month later!!!! I have been going back and forth with them ever since and this started in May. The most they could offer me was 25% back in store credit only which would expire in 30 days and If I took something else they would remove everything from my home.

Original review: July 2, 2021

I had a pathetic experience with Bob's and I would never recommend it to anybody. They were trying to deliver the Broken or missing pieces. When we return the product, they are sending the same Bunk bed every time. This has happened 8 times.

Original review: June 30, 2021

My initial experience was great. Good prices, prompt and timely delivery and great delivery persons, who provided "white glove" service. However if you don't purchase the extended warranty, be forewarned. My Gracie loveseat split at the termination point of the base to the arm and it happened 3 days after the 1 year warranty expired. You would think after spending $4k+ on the initial purchase, someone would authorize replacement, but NOPE. Money down the drain on a coach that is 1 year old and requires full replacement. It's discount for a reason. Think twice before purchasing from them. This is not long-term wear furniture.

Original review: June 29, 2021

AVOID THIS PLACE..! I had a horrible experience. I ordered a dining set and the wrong one was delivered 3 times over a 7 month period of time.. The last arriving well after the time window I was given (845pm) ruining my entire day.. But the delivery team was finally able to make it work using returned table legs from a taller table.. After the 2nd attempted delivery I was told I would be reimbursed for missing multiple days of work so I could be there for the deliveries.. They offered a gift card and when I told them I wanted to just return the table they refused to return it for a refund.. I will never be back and will definitely never be recommending Bob's to anyone..! Steer clear..!

Original review: June 26, 2021

I purchased the mattress because I believed the commercial. That it would be similar to the Tempurpedic. The commercial grossly misrepresented the mattress. It is uncomfortably firm and too thick. Sheets don't fit, and it makes the bed too high. Had to wait two months for delivery. Basically, it was a bad experience. I do not recommend this mattress.

Original review: June 23, 2021

I have bought 2 couches from Bob's Discount Store over the last several years. Both times I purchased their Guardian Protection Plan and both times that I put in a claim, the claim was denied. I do not recommend anyone buying Bob's protection plan as you are wasting your money. I have a leather sectional and on 1 recliner the leather is "Peeling". I put in the claim only to be denied because it was not a "rip, cut or puncture". They consider that the peeling is normal wear and tear. Are you kidding me? Leather cracking, peeling and other normal wear and tear is not covered. Maybe I should have RIPPED the recliner instead. This is unacceptable and I will never purchase from Bob's Discount Stores again and surely never purchase a protection plan with Guardian Protection Products, Inc. as it is a waste of your money.

Original review: June 22, 2021

I’ve been extremely annoyed and frustrated with Bob’s! The delivery guys were great, however, I hate waiting longer than what I was told when I first purchased my living room set! I was told 2 months and only 4 pieces of my set was just delivered after 2 1/2 months! I’m still waiting on my other 2 pieces which they now have pushed back to 2 more months! Also I was supposed to get my 4 pieces delivered last week and they sent 2 right pieces and 2 wrong pieces so overall, I am not too happy with Bob’s! I understand the pandemic has pushed stuff back but not 5 months! And then every week they keep pushing my date back! Don’t think I will do business with them after this! If you want to wait 4 or 5 months for something you paid in full for then shop here.

Original review: June 22, 2021

We have been trying to get a refund for over a month. Every person that answers the phone has a different lie. "Check was mailed out", "We reimburse your credit card", "We will call you back", "Can’t find your refund in our computer". Anything to get you off the phone. Still No Refund!

Original review: June 21, 2021

On June 17th, 2021 I received delivery of my Bob's Artisan Sofa and Loveseat after patiently waiting since March 27, 2021. Both items Artisan Loveseat and Artisan Sofa, were delivered and immediately we noticed a smell. Delivery personal said it would dissipate. That day the smell got worse and worse. We tried airing out the couches by opening the windows. That night we left windows open in hopes of airing out the loveseat and sofa.

On June 18th, 2021 we woke up to a worse smell and I called bob's furniture customer service and they recommended I wait 24-48 hours for the smell to go away. We still left the windows open to air out the couches. As the odor was getting worse my mother and I both started experiencing breathing difficulties from the strong odor. I called customer service and they said a representative would visit June 25th, 2021 to check the odor levels. I agreed to this but as the breathing issues worsened, I called customer service again. Bob's furniture rep insisted a replacement sofa and loveseat to be delivered in two weeks.

On June 19th I couldn’t take the smell any longer and I wrapped both the loveseat and the sofa with plastic to reduce the smell. This is not healthy and safe for us. My complete disappointment with the smell and risk and fear of lung issues and breathing I purchased a sofa and loveseat from another company in the amount of $5,824.00. At this time I do NOT want a replacement sofa and loveseat from Bob's Furniture. I cannot safely accept anything from Bob's in fear of toxic smells. I am requesting a refund for the amount paid with both the loveseat and sofa taken back. We haven’t even sat on the furniture because of the smell.

Original review: May 27, 2021

My name is Charles ** and I have an issue that needs to be resolved. I ordered furniture from your store in Carles Place, NY back in October of 2020. I received my son's bedroom set in January of 2021 and the item was broke. I called and reported the issue and someone came to my home to inspect it. I was told to come back in the store to get a replacement in February of 2021 which I did. The bedroom set I chose the sales person told me that it was cheaper than the broken bed so they gave me a $60 refund. I was told to expect delivery in April of 2021. I did not received the item by April so I decided to call and see what was going on.

The person on the phone set a delivery date for 05/27/2021. Today while at work my wife received multiple calls from Bob's asking for myself or my wife to call. The last voicemail stated we owe over $300 which was a surprise. My wife was already in the area so she stopped by the store to see why we owe anything. My wife spoke to the manager Eric ** who said they realized an accounting error and we owed a balance of over $300. At that time I was on speaker phone. Before my wife went into the office I called 516-408-1190 twice and both times they told me there was a $0 balance on the account.

As I was trying to explain that to the manager he was not trying to hear anything I had to say. I spent a lot of money with Bob's Furniture and my son waited a long time for his bedroom set. No one there was trying to accommodate us in any way at all. My sons has been waiting for a bedroom set since October 2020. It is not our fault it came broken. And it is not our fault that there was an accounting error. Why wait until the day before delivery to tell us this. There was more than enough time to let us know. This is very disappointing.

Original review: May 20, 2021

When you think you buy any furniture please go somewhere else. Never think to buy something on this place, when we buy furniture here, they say we have a year warranty from factory, but we can extend the same warranty for 5 years, so we purchase the warranty but after 2 years we try to use it, but they decline the request, furniture on Bob's last only a year, please don't buy nothing here. This place is a junk furniture.

Original review: May 19, 2021

I ordered their Katie loveseat along with a sleeper sofa, chair and ottoman on January 5, 2021. The price was semi fair about 1700 for all three pieces after their delivery fee. I had looked in the store at this set and the sectional prior to my purchase. I received notice it would be delivered on January 26, 2021 but the loveseat was on back order. When they came I got my sofa and ottoman. Chair is not on the truck and nobody knows where it is. It is on the invoice they emailed me to be delivered with the sofa and ottoman. I ask they search the truck. They call their boss who screams it was loaded. Where is it. The ottoman is broken. The hinges are messed up. I tell the delivery guy.

He promises since the chair is not on the truck the store will be calling within 10 minutes to explain where it is and they know I am unhappy with the ottoman and the strange hinge on the back of sofa and the loveseat. This a hinge that is six inches wide and runs the back of couch. It's velcro that holds it with the hinges the back folds for no reason and I did not see this at the store. I am totally upset by the hinge set up cause if you push the couch the hinge goes forward causing the pillow to fall. So the delivery guy leaves and assures me the store will call within the next few minutes. I wait. NO CALL. Hours later no call.

I call to see what is going on and to see where my chair is and to inform them the ottoman is broken upon delivery. They have no idea where the chair is but now that is also backordered thru possibly April. This is January when the first delivery came. No apologies, no "Wow you're not happy with any of the furniture you just spent 1800 dollars on let me try to help." I sent multiple emails complaining about ottoman and lack of customer service with all my complaints. Nothing. I get emails saying, "We will give you gift card for this amount then this amount" and guess what they never come.

The quality of this loveseat and couch is awful. There is a hinge on the back of my sofa and love seat not sure why, but if you bump it the velcro releases and it falls and the pillows fall off. It's not comfortable and the padding on the arms is already smashed and hard. Do not purchase this set. None of them are worth what they charge. They will not help you when you do complain they will re route the calls and ignore them. Do not buy anything from Bob's Discount Furniture.

I called to cancel the chair. I do not want anymore terrible quality furniture. I called, left messages, have all email responses and yet they have never contacted me or sent me the 99 dollar gift card they were sending for the broken ottoman. I would never recommend Bob's to anyone. I am out 1800 dollars on furniture I did not like from the day it got delivered. They have no refund policy and their products and their descriptions do not show this poor quality hinge on the back of the furniture. They do not care that I spent money on an ottoman that cant ever be opened due to a blown out screw and the top being on their lopsided. Save your money. Shop other stores anywhere but Bob's discount Furniture.

Original review: April 25, 2021

So I brought three pieces of furniture here for my living room. The sales lady said when I was done paying for the furniture they would set up a date to deliver it when I needed. The lady in the office said no it would take about a month before getting my furniture. So they think it's ok to sit in a empty room for a month. They should have told me that when ordering and I would have went somewhere else. Very bad business and if you read the reviews they only have a few higher than one. And if you still don't believe believe me a man on Google wrote a really bad article about Discount Bob's. Check it out this is really bad business.

Original review: April 21, 2021

Terrible quality and terrible customer service as well as terrible experience is an understatement to describe Bob's Discount Furniture. I'll go as far as to say they are a dishonest company. When things go really bad don't expect a solution, you will feel helpless!!! Buyer beware!!!! As stated when things go bad don't trying calling corporate (860 474 1200). You will never get a hold of anybody there, all calls are forwarded to random customer service call centers in other locations. My calls where mainly forwarded to Guatemala and in speaking with a supervisor there she stated that she couldn’t fix my problem.

Today was literally the last straw after waiting 3 months waiting for service and replacement of a defective product I feel deflated, frustrated, sad, angry and realize I will have to pursue legal action. It amazing me how this company is still in business and is my situation an ISOLATED INCIDENT? Literally they have failed me as consumer numerous times. As of today I DO NOT TRUST BOB'S DISCOUNT FURNITURE. From store manager to customer service supervisor I was told "I'm sorry for what you are going through but I can't do anything" and was advised to contact corporate. None of the employees I spoke with made any effort to reach corporate for me or make an attempt to start the process. I walked out of the store feeling desperate, helpless, cheated, manipulated, and they got my money.

Instead of fixing this problem in a timely manner which should of taken a few weeks, this problem dragged out for 3 months, the first time they attempted to deliver the first replacement couch 4/6/2021 they unloaded the couch and proceeded to open the packaging and found that the couch had the same defect. The drivers noted that the couch had the same defect, it seems this is not an isolated incident. I called customer service and asked for a REFUND and instead I got an apology, they asked me to please give them another chance to fix problem then she told me the soonest they can get this product to me would be 4/21/2021 and she stated to me that the driver will inspect the product in my presence to assure the product has no defect. I emphasized to please instruct warehouse and drivers not to stand product on its side when delivering couch to reduce the chances of damage during delivery.

Today was the second time they attempted to deliver the couch 4/21/2021 at approximately 11 am. When I walked up to the truck I noticed the couch was standing on it's side then the driver stated that he was specifically instructed to leave the couch wrapped and leave with no inspection. I explained that customer service assured me they would inspect the product in my presence but he stated he was a 3rd party carrier and did not work for Bob's and could not do that. As it stands right now I have a defective couch, I cannot reach anyone at corporate to make a formal complaint. The Manager at Bob's in Bell Gardens was apologetic and assured me "I WILL NOT PASS THE BUCK" but in the same sentence said he couldn't do anything and advised to me to call CORPORATE, everyone else who is affiliated with the company seemed not to care at all.

If Bob's Discount Furniture wants to dispute my claims I have noted everything in detail while dealing with this awful experience, I have noted all calls and taken pictures, noted all messages. Last thing no one should ever go through what I had to go through! It's truly sad how this company refuses to take responsibility for their actions and not honor the quality of their product. ConsumerAffairs is asking me to rate this company. They don't deserve any stars.

Original review: April 20, 2021

After a nightmare of finally getting the parts to the house here 6 months later yes half a year later we finally get a tech scheduled to come out. I can up the room made plenty of work space, separated the couch halves and even flipped them upside down since its the mechanism being replaced for them. He apparently goes to the wrong house. With todays GPS that's almost impossible to do. I confirmed he took picture of a dark door and mine is white with mailbox clearly marked and my number clearly shown at end of porch roadside! Then when dispatch calls me to tell me they won't make it out today and we reschedule to a different date as I am saying for them to call me if they have issue getting here she hangs up on me. With this kind of service why would I ever buy from BOB's Furniture again???

Original review: April 17, 2021

I would like to stress the disappointment I am having toward the purchase(s) I made through Bob's Discount Furniture. First I purchase a bedroom set. I was told at the time of purchase I would receive all items by no later than May 4th 2021. Then on April 8th I find out the bed is here, but I will not receive the rest of the order (chest and side tables) any sooner than June. Which is not what I was told at the time of purchase. But then later after placing that order, I go back and place a second order for a sectional. I am being told I can come pick up the half of the sectional, but the other half will not be here until June 2021.

Now who in the world wants to use half a couch/sectional for 2 months.? Before receiving the other half. This makes no sense to me. And I am totally upset about it. The customer care rep I spoke to continues to say that it is the fault of the manufacturer. Well maybe, just maybe you should consider better communications with the manufacturer, before reassuring the customers of a set date for items purchased. No one wants to purchase new furniture for their home and then wait months to receive it, and get bits and pieces of it at a time.

I assure I will never buy from Bob's Discount Furniture ever again. And would not recommend anyone else do so either. To really make matters worse, I send my grandchild to pick up the bed this evening. And no one in the establishment has a clue where the foot oard is that completes the bed. I only wish I would have done my research on this place before making any type of purchase here. I see I am not the only one who has had this same type of problem from here. Do yourself a huge favor and do not buy anything from this place.

Original review: April 10, 2021

We purchased a mattress and were under the like it or exchange it time frame. We went into the store, got approval for the exchange, picked out a new mattress which was in stock and set up the delivery date. The first time we were told the mattress was not on the truck - my husband took a day off from work for a non - delivery, 2nd time same thing, third, 4th,etc.... same thing. No one in customer service will help, store manager has no answers so we have no new mattress. Their customer service doesn’t communicate with store/customer/delivery and has made this whole experience awful. No stars as we continue to be told it is in stock but have not had a delivery.

Original review: April 10, 2021

We have ordered our dining room table, bed, and our sectional couch from Bob's and they were delivered at a reasonable time, with great customer service and the products upheld well between multiple moves. However this was all pre-COVID. We had ordered another couch, two seat reclining couch, during the pandemic (Nov 2020). We have been trying to give as much leeway and understanding as possible, but this is getting ridiculous. We had half of the couch delivered to us, because half of the couch was broken during the delivery... Fine things happen.

We were able to schedule the delivery for a month out in a Saturday, that's fine. Comes that Saturday a morning I get a text message they are out of stock and to call this number. I try calling this number and finally get a hold of someone, they reschedule the delivery again, has to be a Wednesday 3 weeks from then. So now I have to leave work early for this couch. The delivery guys come on Wednesday and they have the wrong couch, the customer service person didn't even make she put in the correct half of the couch in the order. Then we have to call back AGAIN and reschedule.

They reschedule for a few weeks out on a Wednesday again and having to take off work again, they never show up. I get a text message after the delivery times saying the delivery is delayed. TWICE I have left work early for an incorrect couch or a no show. I call AGAIN and have it scheduled for this morning (finally not during the week). Get a voicemail this morning to find out the couch is delayed until JULY! I call the number left for me and can't get ahold of anyone at the store because it's not opened yet, finally find the number where I can speak to someone and she says to me "weird I see the couch is available to be delivered for next week". Which by the way is what the customer service team keeps telling us and then it doesn't show.

So I'm not holding my breath and fully expecting it to be past July that we receive the couch. The customer service woman was rude to me on the phone, even after I said, "I'm sorry I'm calling you with my frustration, I know this isn't your fault." Then she hung up on me. COOL. Also, I don't understand why I need to pay for this couch that I have yet to receive, my fiancé and I don't even want this couch anymore, it's not worth it.

Original review: April 6, 2021

I bought bunch of living room furniture including two end tables from Bob's discount furniture in Massachusetts. The drawer of the end table broke one day. Since I have the Goof (Guardian) protection plan, I filed a claim with them and send pictures of the broken furniture. Initially, I was told that this damage is covered under my plan and will be repaired. To my surprise, they denied the claim after few days stating this type of damage is not covered, and I was asked to contact Bob's Discount furniture customer care as they should be able to repair or replace it as it's a manufacturing defect.

I filed a claim with Bob furniture, although Bob's customer care were very unprofessional in terms of communicating regarding the claim (case #**). They did not inform me about the decision and when I called them they told my claim is denied and asked me to file a claim again with Guardian protection. I tried to explain that I did that already, also if they want to check if that could be a manufactured defect. They outright denied the claim and told me nothing can be done and instead suggested me to get paid repair from them for $80.

I have very bad experience so far with Bob's discount furniture. I feel cheated about the plan they sold me at the time of buying stating it covers all type of damage. I would like to inform others to be careful while buying from Bob's furniture and their protection plan, and get complete information while buying. At the end, it's not about the money, but the way they sell you things which is not useful and untrustworthy. If Consumer Affairs can help me resolve this case and spread the word, it would be great. Thanks.

Original review: March 28, 2021

Purchased a couch and loveseat from Bob’s. They had to replace the loveseat within the first few weeks then they had to repair the sofa arm because of faulty framework, it collapsed in. After 14 months (2 months after the warranty expired) the sofa began to fall apart piece by piece. Had to pay to repair it myself and discovered that they used staples to attach the frame together but the boards aren’t long enough so they slowly came apart causing the entire frame to become unstable. Boards came apart and ripped through the fabric of the sofa itself. I approached Bob’s about it and their only response is that it’s outside the warranty period, so there’s nothing they can do. True it was outside the warranty but the defective sofa is the same sofa that had the arm replaced because of faulty work. Originally I didn’t want to use Bob’s and I should have gone with my gut because this was the worst decision I ever made.

Original review: March 26, 2021

We have a sectional not even 3 years old. It's definitely broken, needs springs and I know that. I called to see about my warranty and was told it was only for one year and was done. My husband and I were looking at new couches and was told after I sent pictures and told them what was wrong, that a certified tech could come and try to fix it. I had to pay almost $90 to have someone come out for repair and would be responsible for parts. Their email clearly states this was for repair and parts. So my stupid self really thought someone was coming to repair it.

The guy comes looks at it and says it's broken (Nooooo, really?!?). He says he's technically not with Bob's but just a contractor and I need springs, which I say, "I know. I was told you're coming to fix it." NOPE! Turns out you can't even buy springs to repair it, and it's considered defective. We can't even get bob's on the phone at this point so I sent an email. I state how I feel misled and want my $90 put towards our purchase we were going to make. I was told no. They claim the email, which states what their service would be, had to look at it.

When I said over the phone and email that it was the springs, and you know you can't replace them, you should have told me that right away. I would not have wasted half a day waiting for a repair, and spent money for no reason. I said you basically stole my money knowing all this information and I want it put towards a couch or refunded. Again I was told no. They completely misled us into spending money to "repair it" Knowing they couldn't. They lost a customer now. We purchased the extended warranty and the email doesn't even state that either. We would have just bought a new couch but instead they lied and misled us to spend $90. May not seem like a lot to some people but it's not right to do that to people

Original review: March 19, 2021

I bought the sleeper in 1/23 then I call customer care 2/13. They send the technician 2/24. He report the sleeper was in good condition then I wait for answer. I call again. They told me they gonna give the credit but went to the store don’t find any record. Then send me again other technician 3/16. They don’t want to give any credit because they say is in good condition and explain my problem with my arthritis in my hand but I not get any solution to my problem.

Original review: March 18, 2021

We bought a couch in July 2019 for our new house and it was hardly used by us since no one has been in our house but us since COVID came around. I was vacuuming the couch and pulled the cushions off to find the decking clothe was torn thru and coming apart. The goof proof warranty they sell doesn’t cover this they said. Not a very well made couch if two senior citizens can cause this. When we bought this they saying how good the warranty was. That was a big mistake. I think a couch should last at least two years! It wasn’t long after we bought it that a leg had came off and they had to repair it in house. I haven’t had to write a negative review like this before.

Original review: March 15, 2021

We bought Sofa from Bob's Discount furniture and within 4 years of minimum usage of sofa Pelling started terribly. I don't have pets and have one 6 month old kid who doesn't comes up sofa yet. Me and my husband was hardly using sofa due to work travelling past years. So how come everything happens just in one year of sofa usage. We got Goof Proof Protection Plan of 5 years and we submit a claim but they are denying for one or the other reason. I don't know if they aren't doing anything then why taking money from everyone.

Original review: March 12, 2021

I've been waiting on a replacement chair for months. Every time they're supposed to deliver it never happens. From December to February to March now they're saying May. This is ridiculous. Worst service ever.

Original review: March 11, 2021

Such a shame that zero star option isn't available. Trying to navigate their phone system is a guaranteed forty minute ordeal. It's atrocious. It takes you through pre-recorded messages in an infinite loop. They are well aware of this because a few Bob's employees have admitted that the phone system sucks. They give out their mobile number for contact. I hated having to call them. On top of which my scheduled delivery is in two months. I just cancelled my order. I'm not doing all of that AND taking on debt for a company that can't get a simple phone system--a staple in business--correct.

Original review: March 9, 2021

Super shady business...a great project for U.S. Customs and Immigration to look into! Worst customer care I’ve ever experienced. I’ve literally wasted hours on the phone over the past 5 months trying to resolve broken furniture deliveries and finally receive all of my furniture (glue on sofa, broken table, broken light, missing hardware). I’ve been disconnected mid-conversation multiple times and never called back. Everyone speaks broken English like they are reading from a script.

Supervisor “Levit A.” (doubt even a real name) refused to give me the name of her supervisor, her own last name, or even the office she worked out of. I was lied to and told I would receive a refund when “all my furniture was delivered.” I clarified that I did not want a gift card, I wanted a refund. After spending over $5500, in the end, all I was offered was an insulting $125 gift card for my troubles. Why would I EVER want to shop there again...and $125?!...that’s a measly shipping cost! Total shady operation going on. Don’t waste your time or money!

Original review: March 4, 2021

I purchase a set from here and they delivered it to someone house and they acknowledged that they did this. I no longer need this set and this place will not refund me my money but talking about resending the set that I no longer need it. This is not a good business at all.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information