2.93/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Woodbridge, NJ

Looking for a good furniture store?

1547 Bob's Discount Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I first purchased a whole bedroom and living room set and was happy with it. In less than a year my top two dresser drawers had broken. I called to report it because I paid $500+ in “goof proof” 5 yr warranty. They had me describe the damage in detail!! And after that 20 min conversation, they said what I described was not a defect they could cover. It was a frustrating experience to deal with customer service. And on top of that, they refuse to help with ANYTHING. For every complaint I had they had an excuse and it was basically “not their problem”.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2019

I already have a dining room set and sofa from Bob's and was a fan, but not anymore. I ordered a bedroom set, bed came with a broken drawer for the storage platform, cracked nightstand. The delivery drivers put the bed together wrong and the good night stand with the drawers constantly sliding open. He told us that it would fix when we put clothes in it. That was a lie, it was broken. When we asked him to fix the bed and he said the new delivery drivers would fix it since they had to come back with the new nightstand, mirror and broken drawer for the storage bed. Then he said he called to ensure a ticket would be put and we would get a call. Hours later, no call, I called and Bob's has no idea about any of this…

When we did get the delivery - THAT crew: NOEL was A+, fixed everything in 30 minutes, restored some faith in Bob's. So we ordered an additional chest to arrive 8/27 not eligible for delivery, we figured we could get a truck to pick it up. I got a call late Friday 8/23 that it had been there since 8/20 and if I don’t pick it up by Sunday, it will be sent back. WHAT? Why wasn’t I called Tues, Wed, Thurs?!?! Who does business like this? I show up Sunday, AFTER I THREW OUT MY CURRENT DRESSER... Guess what? They ordered the wrong dresser. So now I must wait until 9/20 to get it. I’m thinking Ashley’s might be where I should go next.

Original review: Aug. 24, 2019

I bought 26k in furniture last August. The couches springs are bad and I called in June for them to fix. They said they couldn’t fix and it’s normal wear. The couch was less than a year old when it started sinking. They now are saying the year warranty is over and there is nothing they can do. Don’t ever buy from them. They are frauds selling crap furniture! Anyone up for a class action suit against them contact me **.

Original review: Aug. 22, 2019

I've always bought from "The Pit" and fortunately haven't had a problem, until this time! 2 weeks ago I went in and purchased 2 matching sofas, a rug, a loft bunk bed, a queen size headboard and nightstand, a twin mattress and a queen mattress. I rented a U-haul the next day and traveled the 45 minutes, loaded the furniture with the worker and asked him at least 5x if he was certain there wasn't anything else, he assured me that "I was all set."

It's hard to really tell what you have, as everything comes out of their back door in pieces. They hand you the hardware (not even in a bag). Anyway, we put everything together. Soon realize the queen headboard isn't what I ordered, but it was nice so it didn't bother me. Until I realized they forgot to send me with the slats to hold the mattress. Mind you, it had been 2 weeks since sleeping on a bed, I was sleeping on my couch in my new place until I had time to go purchase a bed. So that was annoying.

Next is my daughters loft bunk bed. After being put together she was finally able to walk up the storage stairs to the top bunk, she sat on the bed and there was a loud snap sound. She weighs 60 pounds and literally only sat, the wood snapped right in front of the bed and now has sharp edges, probably not safe anymore either. They also forgot to send me with the rug I had purchased, the night stand to go with my bed and the desk that went with my daughter's bed AND the slats for my bed! That's a lot to overlook.

I went down there the next night (drove 45 minutes, again) and the Pit manager had already left. Spoke to a different manager whom had the guys give me slats for my size bed. She said "she was concerned with the bunk bed cracking" and suggested I bring it back. Bringing it back would entail me taking it apart again, renting a U-haul, again, for their mistake. Anyway, she said she would email the Pit manager about everything that happened with my order and assured me I would hear from him that Friday.

Once Monday afternoon rolled around and I had yet heard from the Pit manager, I called him. He said he would look into my order and return my call that afternoon. That was FIVE days ago!! I have called this place 10x in the past 2 weeks and have gotten NOWHERE. All I asked was for the things that they forgot to send home with me that day, to be taken off my bill. Of course though, they didn't forget to deduct $230 out of my account today, even though my balance will now be around $500 less.

I am SO UNHAPPY with how they handled ALL of these issues within just ONE order, that's concerning. A managerial position is put into place to stand behind their product and be more attentive to customer complaints and diffuse the situation in a professional, respectful and fair manner. They should also reprimand the person that was in charge of taking my things out to me, as they missed 4 pieces out of 8, THEY FORGOT HALF OF MY STUFF AND EXPECT ME TO RENT ANOTHER U-HAUL ($100 rental & mileage. HORRIBLE!!!! Cheap stuff and the workers apparently lack attentiveness, while managers lack that and so much more.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

Sorry, I wish I could recommend Bob's but I can't. This review is after purchasing two full living room sets. First, the furniture is pretty, I will give them that. And my sales guy was nice. Low pressure which is great. But the problem lies in quality and customer care. First the quality: My first set of couches are lovely to sit on, firm but comfy. After 1 month the cushions (seat and back) are still comfy but deflated. The armrest are a flimsy build. When you push down on the armrest of the couch you can actually feel it collapse and push under the wood frame. And unfortunately it doesn't pop back up. Now it is a hard wood covered in fabric instead of the original squishy batting. But my second set of couches was worse. The wood trim on the bottom not attached well and the first time I grab the bottom of my couch to lift and move it, the trim popped off.

The ottoman when delivered and was permanently indented by the strap wrapped around it from the manufacturer, additionally it was damaged inside. The large double chair that went with the set has now been delivered damaged twice. The first time it never made it off the delivery truck because when the guys opened its packaging it was obviously damaged. The second time the manufacturer had stapled through the wood trim on the bottom.

But the bigger issue is customer care: First delivery was fine, and their customer app to follow the delivery was great (although the phones notifications were over the top). The double chair was on backorder. Fine. The Ottoman was received damaged and the rug ended up on back order but they didn't bother to tell me that until it wasn't there at delivery. Called customer care and reported the damage, so they scheduled an even exchange for the next week when they delivered the rug and then double chair. Next week rug and ottoman arrive but delivery guys inform me the chair is so badly damaged on the truck they won't even bring it in. I call customer care... again because they don't call you when it happens on their end.. and they again schedule the chair for another two weeks out. Days before delivery they call me and tell me the item is on back order they have to push out the delivery.

At this time I ask that they INSPECT the chair before the delivery to insure it is not damaged given the additional delay. Sure, OK no problem. 10 days later they deliver the chair again, but surprise surprise it is fully wrapped up by the manufacturer, so obviously no inspection and it is damaged. AGAIN. So I call customer service and they apologize and promise to inspect the chair this time. And again schedule the delivery about 10 days out. Day before delivery and no phone calls, not notices, no nothing. So I call customer service. They say they can see it is scheduled for delivery the next day but there is not information about truck# or delivery window. So they send me to the next level of customer service. Same song and dance but they assure me it is coming the next day. So I ask to talk to a supervisor. I was on hold 30+ minutes and didn't not speak to the supervisor.

Ultimately the customer care rep said the supervisor would call me back that night yet. No phone call. So now the day of delivery. No phone call, no information. So I call customer service again.... and now I wait because no one knows what is going on. I bought the furniture 45 days ago. Have spent five different days waiting on my deliveries, and now waiting again. Yes the furniture looks pretty. Yes the prices are good. No do not buy from Bob's. The quality and customer care aren't there. Go to a different discount store. You won't regret it.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Aug. 20, 2019

My daughter's bed side panel completely dislocated after she sat on it with a friend. The bed is sinking now. Bob is saying this is normal wear and tear! I will never purchase another piece of furniture from Bob's.

Original review: Aug. 19, 2019

We recently purchased our dining room set, sectional and 3 chairs with ottomans from Bob's. We spent over $6,000. To begin with the delivery team took 3 times with reference to my china cabinet to deliver a piece that was NOT damaged. Then 3 times to deliver one of my dining chairs undamaged. And the delivery men left me with the phone when they called in the delivery which they are not suppose to do.

The accent chair I purchased for my living room needed to be fixed within 3 months... the springs popped. Now... not even a year owning the furniture the same chair’s material ripped. I contacted customer service being the chair still falls under manufacturer warranty was told they would replace but the chair was back ordered until January 2020. Mind you my claim went in on July, 2019. I decided to call and see if any change on the back ordered chair and found out the chair is discontinued and I would not be receiving anything. Would be nice if I was called. Anyway they told me I have a credit to use at the store to find a replacement chair. They will not refund my money yet they want back the damaged chair.

After I was to wait at least 7 months for the replacement chair to come in and I was understanding (but annoyed) and found out I wasn’t receiving then I was told I have 30 days to pick out a new chair or I lose my refund. RIDICULOUS. After being disconnected when I asked for a manager and having to wait on hold forever every time I called. I spoke with a manager Jheri, who said they would extend my time but wouldn’t tell me how long. I asked for emails of same they never sent. Told me everything was in the ‘internal notes’ of my claim number. My husband and I after spending 2 hours on the phone went to Bob's in a Farmingdale. To find out we don’t like any of the chairs as of now for a replacement and then when we spoke to the manager there he advised there was no notes indicating we had extended time.

Then when I asked if we could purchase a chair through the bob's outlet I was advised no, my credit wouldn’t apply to the outlet. Each person you speak to tells you a different response. There is no consistency. No courtesy. Nothing. Yes, the furniture appears beautiful and affordable BUT complete junk. And their good proof is a hoax. Don’t even purchase. Told was for stains I had a water stain and was told they don’t come for that..?? Seriously what do they come for.... If you are looking for durability this is NOT the store for you. And if you are looking for a company to back their product again not the store.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

Horrible horrible horrible!!!! Anyone who has bought furniture should know what crap furniture they have. My whole house is furnished with Bob's Furniture over 7500. What money wasted. So I was talked into getting the goof proof plan which sounded great after hearing my furniture would be covered for 5 years. After 3 years every piece of my furniture is falling apart! Most importantly my living room sofa and love seat springs are sinking and I only weigh 115. Its frames on both couches are busted and they tell me my furniture is not covered, material is worn, cushions are tearing and was told they can't do anything to help me but yet took my 500 dollars for this scamming warranty. So I decided my back 2 side windows on my car will say "Honk if you have been scammed by Bob's Furniture".

Original review: Aug. 15, 2019

“Bob's Furniture” is a complete fraud...2 Months later: Bob's furniture is beautiful, really is, but it’s just that, nothing more. The quality of the furniture is very cheap. I would not purchase from Bob’s EVER! again. I would never recommend Bob's to anyone either. I would prefer not having furniture in my home than to pay so much money as I am now to have things delivered damaged, then be exchanged and re-delivered damaged over and over. My coffee table has been replaced 3 times within a month and a half time frame because it’s has been delivered damaged all 3 times. By the last delivery on 07/26/ 3019 I gave up completely, not even kidding, HONESTLY!

Now, two and half months in, our Capri Denim R.Arm Chaise couch breaks. One of the legs bent backwards causing a wooden piece inside the couch to break in half and the wooden piece broke fabric sheet on the bottom of the couch. I had a friend over, we sat down and down went couch, jajaja it’s funny Yes, but how embarrassing was that! Whether it’s 100lbs or a combined 300lbs the couch should be able to support the weight.

The store DOES NOTHING TO HELP at all, they refer you to the the customer service line, the Call center in mine and my husband’s personal opinion and personal experience they are not very accommodating AT ALL, they are not helpful at all, and they are rude. The schedule time frames are not guaranteed, they text you the time frame 2 days prior to the schedule delivery date BUT that is not enough time to ask to take 1/2 a day off work or the entire day off. Also, the time frame they initially text you they change that time frame on the day of the delivery. Not convenient at all.

I must say, since the 1st customer service call I made to both the store and the call center I have been regretting my purchase. Luckily I got the 5 year insurance which covers a certain $ amount, l and is not enough money being the furniture is very cheap. Also it’s not a guaranteed “guarantee”. WHAT! Let’s see how this issue plays out with the couch having to “be fixed” or be “replaced”.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2019

Absolutely horrible experience with Bob's. We ordered a sleeper sofa weeks ago. It was supposed to be delivered yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon. 20 minutes before the 3 hour delivery window closed, I got a phone call that the delivery truck had broken down and the soonest we could get the couch was Friday. We had an overnight guest that we had planned to have sleep on the sofa, so we had to go out and buy an air mattress.

I've spoken numerous times with customer service. Each call takes about 20 minutes to get through to speak with an actual person. They cannot expedite the delivery process; additionally, I won't know my delivery window until the day before. The only form of "compensation" I've been offered has been credit at a Bob's store. Bob's is host to absolutely hideous business practices with incompetent employees who have no regard for the consumer's well being. I cannot say enough bad things about this company and will certainly never do business with them again.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information