2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Woodbridge, NJ

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.38/5

Bob's Discount Furniture Reviews

Original review: Feb. 17, 2020

Orange, CT store failed to make a timely repair on an electric recliner purchased two weeks ago specifically to be used after serious spinal surgery. I am very disappointed in the store's managerial staff - they did not make any meaningful effort to get this matter resolved asap.

Original review: Feb. 14, 2020

Purchased a sectional sofa, $2000. The pieces did not line up. Scheduled for service to come out on a Friday between 4:15-6:15. My wife and I left for half an hour to pick up a drink around 2:00. 6:15 comes and goes. Called Bob's and they said tech was there at 4:45 and took a photo of the door. Photo was of our door but certainly was not taken at 4:45. My wife and I, two kids and my two dogs who go crazy when anyone walks in front of the house, much less rings the doorbell, were home. Rescheduled for today, Feb 14, 2020. Another no show between 4:15-6:15. This time I NEVER left the house just to be sure. Called bob's, again they said a photo was taken of a hand ringing the doorbell. My doorbell works as well as my dogs. They never showed up again. They'll take my money, but service is awful.

Original review: Feb. 13, 2020

Purchased a sleeper sofa and within a short period of time the buttons fell off the cushions and the mechanism failed so you could not open the sleeper. Their “Goof Proof” warranty is a joke. Bob’s takes no responsibility for it and passes it off the insurance carries that does everything they can to frustrate your claim. The “warranty” has so many exclusions it is useless. My advice - stay away.

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Purchased a $2400 sectional power recliner in 2018 and also purchased the goof proof protection which we were assured would cover anything except damage caused by pets. The recliner recently stopped working this November so I gave them a call and they sent a tech out no problem. Was told he was going to order a part and all was good. Never received the part. Called, was told part was never ordered, then received the WRONG part. Was then told on my next phone call that they no longer make the part. Long story short it has been 4 MONTHS and I am still trying to get my 2 year old couch fixed that was 100% in warranty when I filed the claim. If you want to spend thousands on furniture that only lasts 2 years then shop at Bob's!

Original review: Feb. 7, 2020

Furniture took over one month to be delivered. 1st delivery attempt (three weeks from purchase date) failed, due to the company not faxing over certificate of insurance. Then while waiting for them to do so, their delivery personnel drove off and never returned. Had to wait until following week for delivery. One department doesn't communicate with others due to BOB'S business model. Had to return wrong size mattress protector and pay more. Manager stated BOB'S doesn't consider all the screw ups and make amends.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Bob's Discount Furniture?

Original review: Feb. 6, 2020

DON’T SHOP HERE GUYS! If I could give a lesser star rating I would. My husband and I just bought our first house so naturally, we went furniture shopping. In the store, we were guaranteed delivery on November 12th for a couch if we signed up for the credit card. We signed up. Two days before delivery we receive 3-5 calls a day confirming different delivery dates. I took it upon myself to call and come to find out, the biggest piece of our couch is not available for another week. We confirmed the last piece to be delivered the 16th, the 19th, and then (without calling us) we were confirmed for the 24th- THE DAY OF OUR WEDDING.

It took SIX wasted visits and four months to finally get our couch set up correctly. This is completely unacceptable, messy and shady business behavior and I will be reporting them to the Better Business Bureau for lying and bribing us into getting their credit card and for lying about the delivery dates serval times over. It was the most unnecessarily stressful buying experience we’ve had to go through... and all for a COUCH!

Original review: Feb. 5, 2020

Bob's Discount Furniture DOES NOT stand by their products. They talked us into their Goof Proof extended warranty and now they will not honor it. Our couch is less than 2 years old and is now useless. Furthermore, they charged us $80 to send someone to fix it, but their tech said it's unfixable and we are out of luck. DO NOT purchase from Bob's unless you are willing to throw your money away. **I gave 1 star only because it wouldn't let me give 0.**

Original review: Feb. 4, 2020

I purchased a reclining love seat and sofa in January 2019. In December I called because it wouldn't recline or charge my phone. The guy came out and said we needed a new motor. The motor is on back order until April 29th. My sofa is wobbly and when I talked to them about it they said it was out of warranty. I did manage to get them to come out as a courtesy to look at it since it was damaged before the warranty expired but if I needed a part they would bill me. I also purchased the Goof Proof but they said that wouldn't cover it. I will never purchase anything from them again!

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

I purchased living room furniture in 01/2018. I also purchased the Goof Proof warranty. In 12/2019, the frame on the back of the loveseat was poking the leather. We rarely sit on loveseat. I contacted the Goof Proof company and the claim was denied due to it was nothing we caused, it's manufactured issues. I contacted the store and was told it was nothing they could do after 1 year. FURNITURE SHOULD LAST LONGER THAN ONE YEAR!!! Their furniture look great but poor quality.

Original review: Jan. 28, 2020

Do not buy the Goof Proof Protection plan from Bob's Discount Furniture. We bought a sofa seven months ago, then part of the frame cracked. Bob's tech determined it was accidental damage. Tells us to file a claim with Guardian Protection Products. Filed a claim with gpp, and they denied it because they ruled the damage was not accidental. No appeal is available from either company. Essentially, each company is placing responsibility on the other. Bob's sells this protection plan as a "catch-all" for any damage to the furniture, but it's really just a scam. I guess that's what we get for buying "Discount" furniture from Bob. We won't be back.

Bob's Discount Furniture Company Information