4.50/5

Need a good mattress?

BedInABox

BedInABox’s five different mattress types offer an array of firmness levels. Each one has comfortable, contouring memory foam along with Tencel and gel-infused foams to help sleepers stay cool at night. The virtually noiseless mattresses come with free shipping to anywhere in the US.

BOTTOM LINE

BedInABox’s five memory foam mattresses offer comfort and a variety of firmness options. Tencel and gel foams help keep sleepers cool.

PROS

• Free shipping
    • Nearly noiseless
    • Several firmness options
    • Lightweight and easy to move

CONS

• Not the best edge support
    • Off-gassing takes several days

Top BedInABox Reviews

02/17/2019

02/24/2019

Need a good mattress?

About BedInABox mattresses

BedInABox is an online mattress company specializing in memory foam mattresses. They sell five different mattresses with multiple firmness levels. Sizes vary depending on the model and range from twin up to California king. Tencel and gel foams help keep users cool while sleeping. Conforming memory foam helps align the spine and relieve pressure points. BedInABox also sells foundations, adjustable beds, sheets and pillows. BedInABox ships for free to anywhere in the US, including Alaska and Hawaii.

120-night trial

Free shipping

Made in America

BedInABox mattress construction and materials

Every BedInABox mattress is made with gel memory foam and has either a core or bottom layer made of polyfoam. Covers are either polyester knit or Tencel lyocell. Ten different sizes are available: Twin, Twin XL, Full, Queen, Short Queen, Split Queen, King, Split King, California King and Split California King. Not all sizes are available for every mattress.

bedinabox materials

BedInABox mattress comfort

BedInABox memory foam mattresses are very comfortable for most sleepers and can help with joint and muscle pain as well as aid with aligning the spine. Gel memory foam adds to the comfort and cooling capability of the mattresses. However, edge support is less than optimal.

• Firmness: BedInABox’s five mattresses range from soft to firm, or about 2.5 to 8.5 on the 1-10 mattress firmness scale. This means BedInABox can provide a suitable mattress for most people.
      • Sleeping position: With such a wide range of firmness levels, it’s easy to find a mattress for your weight and sleeping position.
      • Motion transfer: Each BedInABox mattress has excellent motion transfer. Rolling over or getting off the bed produces almost no movement.
      • Edge support: Because all BedInABox mattresses are made with memory foam, they don’t have the best edge support.
      • Sleeping hot: BedInABox mattresses’ use of Tencel and gel-infused foams mean it’s easier to sleep cool at night. Still, if you live in a very warm environment or are a hot sleeper, there are cooler options available.

BedInABox mattress prices

BedInABox sells five mattress models: the Pacbed Lite, the Pacbed Original, the Azul Mattress, the Tranquillium and the Serenity. The Serenity mattress is the most expensive and is reversible. The Pacbed Lite is the most affordable choice. The BedInABox Azul mattress is the softest non-reversible mattress. Financing options are available.

Mattress modelPrice rangeFirmness
      Pacbed Lite$399 - $799Medium firm
      Pacbed Original$669 - $979Medium firm
      Azul Mattress$799 - $1,799Medium soft
      Tranquillium Mattress$999 - $2,098Firm
      Serenity Mattress$1,299 - $2,598Soft and medium (reversible)

Are BedInABox mattresses good?

BedInABox mattresses are good. Their memory foam and cooling properties make them comfortable mattresses to sleep on. The foam absorbs almost all movement and makes for a silent sleep, even if you are tossing and turning.

8 BedInABox Consumer Reviews

Original review: March 2, 2019

The Quality of the mattress is a must have type of mattress and the price is proof that they put the bless and the best in their products. The texture of the bed plus the comfortable level is super high in range of sleep and my sleep time as approved. My living in general changed for the better because of better sleep. If the price drops then there will be no problem with it at all and more likely more people can experience what I have. I love it very much.

Original review: Feb. 27, 2019

Plushness and firmness would be my main two characteristics I am looking for in a mattress since I have back issues and having a medium firmness is the best. With BedInABox, price point was the best and free delivery was offered plus there no tax for the mattress and it had the pillow top with edge to edge coverage since I sleep next to a wall. They could add heating elements to the mattress with easy controls plus making the mattress of materials that are lighter in total weight so that I can turn the mattress and flip it with much more ease.

Get expert buying tips about Mattresses delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 24, 2019

I like the price as well as the actual firmness of the mattress. Availability was a big factor why we chose BedInABox. We were able to order it and have it delivered super quickly. Set up was easy. It was very heavy though once it arrived. Also, it smelled a bit when opening it at first. We had to open it up in our office and let it breathe from several days before we could move it into the bedroom. Other than that, It helped both of us get a good night’s sleep and kept the back pains from a constant struggle to a rare occurrence. Very satisfied and would buy again.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2019

I initially found this mattress via an internet search and was a little skeptical about ordering a mattress online, but the positive reviews persuaded me otherwise. Convenience and price were key. Easy to order! But the box it was delivered in was a little heavy for one person to drag into their home and move. I felt sorry for the UPS man who had to carry it up our apartment stairs. Our bed frame doesn't require a spring box so I was worried that the mattress would be uncomfortable without it. It worked so well! So plush and comfortable to sleep on.

Original review: Feb. 17, 2019

I purchased this mattress because of the cost and free ship to store option. It suited my needs for my child and was well priced. I absolutely love this mattress and would recommend this to anyone with a tight budget especially those with children as I bought this for my 6 yr old at the time. It seemed like such a cool product and I was especially intrigued by the way it was packaged. I was pregnant at the time I purchased and set this up for my daughter. I was able to carry it in myself to my third floor apartment and set up without any assistance. The mattress is very light weight. It came compressed in a box which made the set up extremely enjoyable to watch. The springs decompressed very quickly. The mattress was firm yet it is extremely soft and fluffy. I suppose they could offer a similar product for box springs that came in a box.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about BedInABox?

Original review: April 16, 2019

It could have my padding and softness, and support. It's ok but it's not something that I would recommend until you need anything other than an air mattress because air mattresses are useless and a waste of time and money.

Original review: Feb. 26, 2019

It soft to sleep on which help with sleep better and help with ache and pain. Good prices and good product to used to help with my sleep. It should be a flexible mattress because I could sleep higher up in bed.

Original review: Feb. 25, 2019

BedInABox was recommended to me by a friend who bought her son one for college. It was rolled up in a box which was the only version of mattress that I could fit up my stairs. Stairway was too narrow for any bed to go up it. I liked it came in a box that I could get upstairs. It was affordable too. It's cushiony enough and I like I can curl up in it but I broke my back a few years ago and so I don't get enough support. But I like that it doesn't have springs inside it. It's kind of heavy which makes flipping it difficult but I manage. Was hoping it would only be for short term, but after 3 years I still can't afford anything better.

BedInABox Company Information