3.6/5 (2150 ratings)

About Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

Pros

• Price matching
  • Large variety
  • Affordable
  • Room Builder tool

Cons

• Short return period
  • Pay for assembly

Bottom Line

Ashley Furniture sells affordable furniture available in varying colors, styles and materials. Consumers like its price-matching program, discounts and variety.

Top Ashley Furniture Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… very professional and helpful. Highly recommend. They both showed us various choices and made our decision very easy. Chris met us as soon as we came in the door and answered al...

Verified

My Sales rep Ms. J. determined the type of mattress suited for my body and health needs via technology … Ms. J. was able to locate and have the mattress delivered the next day! .....

About Ashley Furniture

At Ashley Furniture, shoppers can find furniture ranging from entryway benches to duvets and pillow shams to outdoor fire pits. Many products are available in a variety of colors and textures. Online, customers can use the Room Builder tool to visualize how selected furniture will fit in a space. Ashley Furniture features the following departments:

• Living room
  • Home decor
  • Rugs
  • Lighting

Ashley Furniture prices

Ashley Furniture is known for its economical pricing and is popular for its frequent discounts. The price of Ashley Furniture products varies based on the selected product and its delivery and assembly method. In-store and online shoppers can choose regular doorstep delivery or premium delivery, which includes furniture assembly. For online shoppers, the company offers free shipping on thousands of items.

The company has a price-matching program for identical products with lower prices from six major retailers, though some restrictions apply. Ashley Furniture also has a price adjustment guarantee that allows price adjustments up to 30 days after a qualifying purchase.

Shoppers can apply for special financing from the company’s finance partners with approved credit. Terms range from six months to 72 months. Exclusions and restrictions may apply.

Ashley Furniture FAQ

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?
Ashley Furniture is designed for budget-conscious customers and offers reasonable quality at an affordable price.
Does Ashley Furniture give discounts?
Yes, Ashley Furniture gives discounts in-store and online. The company offers discounts around certain holidays, and you can often find discount codes to use for online purchases. The company’s website occasionally offers deals that do not require a discount code.
Does Ashley Furniture give refunds?
Products can be returned within 30 days with the purchase receipt. Defective items are replaced.
Is Ashley Furniture real wood?
Ashley Furniture pieces are made with engineered wood, a product that contains cellulose fibers and synthetic resin. The engineered wood is stable, millable and durable and takes paint well. Engineered wood is flat, smooth and dense and resists warping, cracking and splitting.

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?

Ashley Furniture sells durable, stylish and affordable furniture for people's homes, outdoor spaces and offices. The company doesn’t use solid wood on many of its furnishings, but the engineered wood product the company does use is eco-friendly and can withstand normal wear and tear. We recommend Ashley Furniture for its wide selection of materials and designs, affordability and price-match guarantee.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I would like to thank Robert and Homie at the Ashley Furniture Store in Altamonte Springs, FL for making things right. I was notified for the 4th time by their customer service that my delivery of 2 chairs was again delayed. I spoke with the associate Homie and told her that the customer service woman suggested that the store could possibly give me a break on the charges because of the extended delivery delay. I sent her all the information and was told that her manager, Robert, was refunding funds to my charge card for the delay. I want to thank both of them for being so nice about this, and the refund and it was very appreciated. They really came thru for me.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

It took me a whole year to pick the right sofa for our living room. First, I wanted a blue sectional sleeping bed sofa but I didn't like the quality. Then this one day my son and I did another walked through the furniture store with me then voila! We found an Ashley beige sectional sofa with silver studs on the left side arm rest and decor silver studs on lower part of the sofa. It has a high back with connected pillow backing and the store threw in the pillows for accent accessories. Very plushed backing for the back and head. My favorite seat is the middle. It makes me feel comfy! My daughter and I fight over the space when she comes over. I enjoy it! Beige is it since the children are gone. Oops did I say that? Thank you Ashley! Now here comes the grand. No drinks or food allowed.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I bought an Ashley office chair from an independent furniture store about five years ago. The tilt/swivel mechanism failed. I initiated an online chat with Ashley. The chat person (yes, a real person) directed me to Ashley's Consumer Affairs department. I called them and spoke to Maria. She asked for the chair's model and serial number. From that she knew that the chair was sold to me 5 years, 3 months ago. The warranty on the tilt/swivel mechanism was only 5 years.

Somewhat dismayed, I asked her how much the replacement parts would cost. She said she'd need to initiate an order to find out and took my name and address. She then asked me if I'd like the order number. I replied, "Yes, but what was the cost?" She replied zero! She/Ashley was sending them to me for free even though they were out of warranty. The parts showed up four days later. I installed them, and the chair is now as good as new. This is outstanding customer service and product support! Thanks, Ashley!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Steve ** was our salesperson. He gave us a tour of things we were interested in. We were only looking at ideas but because of steve he helped in every way possible, not pushing a sale as most salesmen do. He was giving us answers as lf we were prince Diana and Charles. L was so enthused with him l want the whole world to know just how lucky we were to have gotten him as our salesmen. When lt was time to pay l totally forgot about the price limit on my card and the sweetest lady just all smiles had to fix the issue. Her name was Dawn. L am a salesperson as well and l learned a lot from him that night!!! I believe both of them enjoy their jobs. Lt takes a lot to continue when the day ls wrapping up but you would never know the store was closing with their personalities. Lt was like they were beginning their day not closing!! I must say this was a great experience and l will be back to see them in my near future

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

We shopped around at EVERY furniture store available more than once and ended back up at Ashley's. After diligently shopping, we found the perfect everything for us! We purchased a living room set, 2 bedroom sets, mattresses, dining set, desk & tables for all. It was a big purchase for us and we were very leary about any sales pitch we may get. From the time we walked in we met Lillian ** (Douglasville) who walked us through (without hounding us) & worked with us on EVERY item. We love the quality and style of every item we choose and look forward to the premium delivery and set up of them all this weekend, and a few coming in a few weeks. We will without a doubt return to Ashley's for any other upcoming furniture purchases. The manager Keiron ** was also very professional and accommodating. No doubt 5 stars for our experience! Thank you Ashley Team!

Original review: May 12, 2022

We purchased a sleeper sofa from the Ashley Home store. Within 8 months the frame Broke and the sleeper was laying on the floor. They sent out a technician who screwed together the frame. He told us it would not hold and we needed to contact Ashley to get a replacement couch. We contacted Ashley. They had no record of the couch needing to be replaced and that it was fixed. Within a couple days it broke again in the same place, I sent pictures. I called multiple times. They kept putting in new work orders, a technician came. He was suppose to fix the frame but apparently on his end he was just putting the covers on the cushions. They supposedly ordered a new sleeper mechanism, it was never delivered and no one came. They never sent out a new technician, it was pushed off until after my one year warranty was up and they refused to do anything about it and told me to Contact my extended warranty that does not cover frame damage.

Original review: May 10, 2022

Absolutely the worst customer service ever. We bought a couch and loveseat March 5. We were told it was in stock and we could have it delivered March 8. March 8 comes around and the delivery driver shows up with just the couch. Says the sales person should have called and explained to us that it was on back order. No call from anyone so I called several times throughout the day and finally got ahold of our salesperson Sarah. She went on to say it should be in stock in the next week or so and they will get it delivered. No calls no updates so I would call and leave messages for Sarah with no return call. Finally got a call and it’s in stock will be delivered May 10. They said they could make us the first or last stop of the day and call us 30 minutes before arriving that way someone could be there. Well nope.

Today they say they can only give a 2 hour window. We both work and can not just up and leave for several hours. If we were given the 3 day notice that the website say yeah one of us could have taken time off work. So now they are supposed to deliver at some point Saturday May 14. The reason we bought there was because it was in stock. You would think spending $5600 you would get a little better customer service. At least a call back when you repeatedly call and leave messages. Never ever again though. Ashley just lost any future business. If I could give them zero stars I would. Not even worth the one star.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Purchased the chair in store. Delivered by Ashley not covered, not packaged, just open. The chair has a mildew smell. I have sprayed with perfume and Lysol but nothing helps. Ashley sent someone who says he too could smell the mildew but the end result... "We will Check the location to see if there are other complaints of a smell." Why do I care? Never again will I even walk into an Ashley furniture store. Lesson learned because someone said don't buy from Ashley. The furniture is horrible. Suppose I should have listened.

Original review: May 7, 2022

Do not order from this company!! There are hidden fees they overcharge you for that they can't account for. Customer service is no help at all!!! Furniture is cheap and big lots has the same exact furniture way cheaper! I will never ever purchase from them ever again it was such a hassle! Go to Raymour. They offer great furniture and finance!!! They also accept progressive leasing! Stay away from this terrible company!!! Save yourself the stress!

Original review: May 4, 2022

Fiasco. The Greenville, SC, Ashley delivered us a sectional that was the wrong color. We notified the salesperson who said he must have hit the wrong button. He said to contact customer service and they would take care of it. The person we talked to said it shouldn’t be a problem and that they would get back with us within 72 hours. After five days they got back with us and said our request had been denied because we had signed for it. We told him what the salesperson had told us about hitting the wrong button and that we even had taken a video of the correct color. It didn’t make any difference.

We called back to the store and the person we talked to said they could go above customer service and “make it right:”. We heard back from the store after two days via email and were told they were still working on it. We called back after two more days since we hadn’t heard anything from them and ended up back with customer service where, again, they denied our request for them to make it right. The representative said she would call the store manager to get with the salesperson. She was supposed to get back with us the next day. We did not hear back from her so the following day we called her again. She said the store manager was trying to get in touch with the salesperson but he was “being evasive”.

The day after that the store manager called and said that our request was denied because we had signed for the furniture and the salesperson said he thought that was the color we wanted. So, the salesperson told us that he must have hit the wrong button, but he told the store manager that was the color we wanted. If the manager would have taken time to look at the rest of our order (kitchen and cocktail tables), he would have seen that its color didn’t match what we were sent and that the color of the one in the video did. Of course, he didn’t want to see the video. Our request was once again denied so we canceled the rest of the order. During this whole fiasco, we were told at least three times that Ashley Furniture was going to correct their mistake, only to be told by someone else there that our request had been denied. They just didn’t want to admit that their “evasive” salesperson had messed up. They have lost a customer for life.

Ashley Furniture Company Information