1.12/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

2543 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Ashley Furniture is HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!!! I’ve literally have never experienced anything like it. I made a large purchase for my new home at the Pineville, NC store with salesman Zack on 7/28/18. My delivery was set for 8/11/18 with exception of bed due to backorder. That bed would be ready 8/30. The delivery arrived on 8/11 without my sofa and delivery guys I was to call to find out why? I was told it “broken” when inspected. Although inconvenienced I appreciated they didn’t send me anything broken. 4 days later the reclining chair already had issue with seam coming undone. I had to make claim, they ship repair product and then I had to schedule someone to come and re-upholster my brand new chair.

Then came 8/30, what a “NIGHTMARE”. First comes the bed, which has stains on fabric headboard and no slats for the bed. Call customer service to order those piece & they will ship... "sorry for inconvenience." I tell the guys something is not right. There’s a stain on the fabric each side. They said let customer service know. Then came the accent chair, the guys then took a knife to base of it since the upholstery was tacked over the threaded portion to screw in chair legs. Knew then something wasn’t right and told then I didn’t want this broken & stained products in my house and to get them out. They refused to take them. Next comes my reclining couch which I saw them unpack then take upstairs (scuffing my walls).

The guys say, "There you go ma’am" without even seeing if operational. I made them stay and double check and of course, it wouldn’t recline. I was beyond myself. I asked the guys to take this and everything else out of my home as this wasn’t what I paid for. They refused to put the damaged product back in the truck to take back. They said I had to call customer service. And they left!

I called the store and was told I never should have let them leave & that I would need to now pay a re-stocking fee of 10%. And that they would not exchange they would ONLY repair. Left me waiting and waiting to put in order for a repair. What?!?! I thought how absurd and left feeling like I was in the twilight zone. Manager got on phone and worked with me to get another date for an exchange. That date will be 9/22/18 (yep, almost 2 months since I purchased). HOWEVER, the slats for the bed that was ordered and confirmed on 8/30 (7-14 days) will not arrive until week of 9/24/18. Ridiculous!! Now I have to have a 5th delivery/service date to get the bed installed. I demand to be taken care of at this point, it’s the most absurd thing!!!

I asked to be compensated for my inconvenience and requested my shipment be thoroughly inspected prior to my delivery. I’m losing faith at this point especially with my call today about the bed slats. When I called the Pineville, NC store again to see they could help but was told they can do nothing only customer service. Seems so strange seeing they got all my money & left me to deal with their poor quality products. NEVER NEVER NEVER, again! A zero stars would be too much for Ashley Furniture, they are horrible.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

What happened to Ashley furniture store?! It's probable compete with some discount furniture store, but never win? We ordered sofa and armchair, we're waiting almost 5 weeks. The set arrived damaged, even the wooden frame on the sofa was broken. I had a hard time with customer service to get my money back. People in the store are not professionals. They are "not sure and don't know". Ashley Furniture loose a good quality on the furniture... no more. Do not buy from this company!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

This was not a good experience for our first time ordering from Ashley Furniture. I called several times and was on hold each time for 20-30 minutes. We wanted to order from somewhere local to give our business to a local furniture store. This was not the right choice. Please see one of the frustrating emails below: OMG! My corporate office has been trying to call since 10 am this morning to pay for the Sectional and the 2 chairs and no one is answering the phones. I tried calling and no answer for 30 minutes.

I selected another phone options and the young lady tried reaching someone at Ashley’s and she could not. I called back again and stayed on hold for 5 minutes then someone finally picked up. Now, the young lady helping me on the line right now does not know how we can pay for the furniture. OMG… I am not sure what to do at this point or what to tell our corporate office to pay for the furniture and get this ordered asap! The State of Washington - Touchstone will not order from this Furniture again. This was our experience every time we called. Not good!

Original review: Sept. 17, 2018

Horrible... just horrible. This item is much smaller than advertised. If I realized that I had to put it together, I would have gone to some big Swedish store instead. The box came smashed in different places and opened. I nevertheless decided to give it a try. The cam locks did not fit in correctly right from step # 1, which made it IMPOSSIBLE for the screws to go in. With the SLIGHTEST effort, it BROKE the wood, twice. I decided to quit after step 3, since the "Expressions Toy Box" looked more like a danger to my kid instead of something I could enjoy. Quite disappointed in Ashley's. I've been a customer for decades, and I can't remember such a horrible product. What's even worst... They did not let me post this review online... citing that I named a competitor... and that it "contains legally sensitive material". I AM SADLY DISAPPOINTED IN ASHLEY'S.

Original review: Sept. 16, 2018

We purchased a dining set table and 6 bar stool, high chairs from Ashley HomeStore located in 4535 Galleria Blvd Birmingham, AL 25244 and the dining set was delivered May 8, 2018 with defected, unbalanced chairs. I contacted customer service requesting the defected, rocking chairs be returned and new high chairs that are not defected be provided. Ashley HomeStore customer service requested and I submit video of the chairs. After some time the store delivered chairs to replace our unbalanced chairs only to find those chairs were unbalanced as well. I filed another complaint, Ashley store stated they would not replace my chairs but would send a technician to examine our chairs.

After some time (again) the technician arrived, examined the chairs, saw they were unbalanced/defected and suggested felt pads be provided. Ashley store mailed screws to me and not felt pads. I informed customer service the pads have not been delivered. Today, Saturday September 15, 2018, Ashley HomeStore customer service called me and stated they will not replace the chairs nor will they provide felt pads because “the chairs displayed on their floor were not unbalanced”. This was my first and is the last time buying furniture from Ashley HomeStore!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

I chose to go with the Ashley HomeStore instead of some shady discount store because we were hoping for a higher level of service. I could not have been more wrong. I cannot tell if this particular Ashley HomeStore (Ashley HomeStore South Park Village, 7010 S Zarzamora St., San Antonio) is full of scammers on a level that I would normally associate with used car salesmen or if this is just standard customer service of a corporate monopoly that does not care about their image.

We were interested in a sectional couch. We were initially quoted 7-10 days at a certain price by a manager. We went back two days later and had to spend two hours to get the same couch ordered at that price, but then we were quoted 5 weeks because one of the pieces would be missing. At 5 weeks we were then told it would be two more weeks because none of the pieces were yet available. Almost ten times the original time estimate.

At 7 weeks and multiple extended phone calls with customer service the pieces arrived, except one was already out of the box and had been clearly used with multiple damage sites and showroom floor plastic tag attachments still sticking out of the front of the piece. The other two pieces were still heavily packaged with the feet still sealed. Making the comparison blatantly obvious. SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE in the Ashley Corporation is clearly trying to pass off used furniture as new and hoping people either won’t notice or won’t care because they had already been waiting so long. We have now rejected this piece and expect to wait weeks or even months longer. I suppose we at least now have half a couch and learned an important lesson about buying anything by Ashley...

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Despite the bad reviews I bought the Windville Dining Room table from Ashley Furniture. My chairs were delivered UPS - total of 4. Of the 4 I received 2 were broken. My table was delivered a few days later. I did not experience any issues. I also purchased The Windville server at my local store since online ordering was not available. I received multiple text, phone calls reminding me of my delivery date. Today my was my delivery. For 4 hours I stayed in contact with the driver whom informed me he would be at my house in 8 min, then in a hour etc. My time frame was between 1:15-5:15.

At 6 pm the driver asked if I would drive 30 minutes away and meet him at another customer's home so he could follow me to my house. Mind you that was after throughout the day he asked if I would send him detailed instructions to my home by text. He also asked me to send a screenshot of Google maps of my residence. I live in a regular neighborhood. Nothing unusual. And they just delivered my table 2 days prior. After frustrations I did call him an idiot. He then called dispatch and stated he felt uncomfortable delivering to my address. Dispatch called and said he would not be delivering.

They said they would send out another truck tomorrow. At 7:00 pm the driver shows up to my house with a busted up Windville server and ask that I sign for it. Um no way. Do not buy from this company. I am still waiting on my replacement chairs and now have no server that I was charged for. Also, note this driver showed up in flip flops and looking under the influence.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2018

Hello, we have purchased mattress, nightstand and spring box. Took two weeks and then brought damaged stuff to deliver at my home. I refused to take mattress and nightstand which were alone 2900 CDN. Someone told that they will deliver in 3 days. No communication, went on store and told them the situation, they asked for another 10 days. After 10 days, they show up 4 hours late and with only spring box worth of 200 CDN to replace. No mattress. No night stands, I called in store, lady in the store told that, "They are already loaded in the truck, let me get back to you," waited for another two hours and then finally I called back to store and told them, "If you do not deliver today, cancel my order and refund to me." After 30 min I received a call from Store saying that, "Your stuff is on the way to deliver." I thought, "Wow, they are delivering today."

They delivered stuff, I spoke to person on the phone that, "You brought all new stuff not the damaged one?" Delivery boy mentioned that these are brand new stuff, I came home and found that these are all damaged and repaired stuff, I call customer service and they have admitted on the phone that yes they are repaired stuff. I was broke, such a liar... I went to store and asked them, "Why did you make customer fool." "Oh sir, no sir," as usual... Then they ask for another 12 days for pick up old one and deliver new one, I told them, "Take back your stuff, I am not going to use this." They did not come on the day of delivery, I called office and asked them not to deliver mattress anymore now.

They gave us credit on the phone and told that, "You can buy anything from the store." Nobody came for delivery for 10 days, I called back and asked them again, they came for delivery with damaged nightstands, I send them back and send my mattress back. I thought finally, I am relieved from this guy, suddenly, I got a message from the Ashley saying, "Your mattress is scheduled to deliver on Sunday." One more surprise... I called customer service and they are saying that I cannot get my store credit, for that I have to go to store. I don't know what to do with this people.

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

We bought this good looking set because it goes great in the living room of our new home. We paid the installation fee since we didn't want to bother to put it together. After waiting almost a month to have it delivered, it finally arrived and the workers quickly put the furniture together (most parts were already assembled when pulled out of the truck: drawers, side shelves). It looked fine and since we were paying more attention on how to work the fireplace, we didn't notice anything wrong. So we signed the delivery paper and they left after refusing to move it to the center of the room when asked - even though they were tipped.

When we tried to move it ourselves, we heard a scratching noise... Turns out they left a loose screw underneath the center and it scratched our new hardwood floors. In addition, when we started adding our decorative pieces, we noticed that the top connecting shelf was loose. The installation was a disaster. The whole shelf was loose. If not fixed, everything would have collapsed on top of our flat screen TV. Turns out, they drilled three new holes in one side instead of using the pre-made ones, and left all the screws loose. After installing it correctly, the additional holes these people drilled are clearly visible on our new purchase, looking worse than a floor sample.

When called customer service, they told us they would schedule to send someone to look at it and decide if claim was correct and replace the unit (for which we would have to wait much longer stuck with a unit we could not use and even longer for a new unit... And hope they would install it correctly). To wait that long was absolutely unacceptable. So we requested a store credit instead, since we pay full price for a brand new furniture and we got a damaged one (in addition to our now damaged floor). We sent pictures to support our claim as per Ashley Rep. request.

However, the only credit we received was for the installation fee, which of course, the customer rep asked me to mention in my review. Still no response in regards to any credit for the damages on the entertainment set and/or my new hardwood floors even though clear pictures were taken of it. Tried to post my review in their website - including the pictures - but it was not allowed to be posted... Shocker! VERY disappointing!

Original review: Sept. 14, 2018

In Store: We tried to purchase a bed frame and the person working on checking us out took over an hour. He was new, so we did not blame him, but when he asked for help, the manager was TOTALLY unprofessional and demeaning and acted like we were not even there! The pick up was a mess as well. Online: Against my better judgment, I thought ordering online would omit the in-store issues. WRONG! They delivered a piece of furniture with damage in many areas. We called to have it replaced and were on hold for over an hour, finally, was told the old/damaged piece would be picked up and they would send the new one right away.

The damaged 70 pound/reboxed table is still on our porch. We have called Ashley online customer service every night for a week, and called UPS...both were rude, non-descript and told me they were going to hang up on me because I was frustrated. The furniture is still on our porch. I would advise anyone considering buying from them to NOT! Horrible, horrible experience and they don't seem to even care.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

I got in August two full bedroom set, paid cash 3000. A month later still don't get my furniture and don't get any calls to let me know when I will. Actually I been on the phone with the store. They listen but they don't care, they told me I will get a call with the information on my delivery but until now, nothing, so they sell you things they don't have, I talked to the delivery driver and he said my order is not complete. So now I don't know if I will ever get what I paid for, and if I cancel the order if I ever gonna get my money back, I read some reviews of people never got their money back after canceling the order because never got the product. This is a horrible company, don't buy anything there. Do it if you want to spend your days on the phone trying to contact them. I regret I didn't read the reviews of this awful store, now I know and I did advised friends that they were ready to buy there too, DON'T DO IT.

Original review: Sept. 13, 2018

King size mattress has a tear in the bottom that we were unaware of since delivery staff hid it from us and placed the mattress on bed before we can inspect properly. Dispatcher was rude and unprofessional.

Original review: Sept. 12, 2018

I highly recommend Carolina Reyes at the Piney Plains Rd store in Cary, NC. Knowledgeable, patient, and honest, she made my shopping experience very pleasurable. Dispatch/delivery service out of Ft Mills SC however is dreadful. The promised confirmation calls (2 days prior to scheduled delivery date) actually started 4 days before. Every few hours for days, the same robo call with repetitive instructions to "press 1 to confirm delivery". Luckily they had my address correct. To your credit, the delivery truck showed up today Sept 12 on the early side of promised window. However the workers were very rude and unprofessional. Hint - do not assume because I am English speaking that I do not understand Spanish. The older man constantly yelled to someone on his cell phone, clearly running a side business. I asked him twice to put the phone away and assist moving the sofa, he ignored me.

Meanwhile he left the clearly inexperienced younger fella in my apartment, trying to figure out the power reclining assembly. I finally went downstairs and in Spanish, told the older gentleman I understood every word he was saying, that his yelling was disturbing my neighbors, making all the dogs bark and that I would call his boss. Instantly apologetic he finally hung up, came upstairs and in Spanish admonished the younger man saying "I know you've only been on the job 2 days but you lied to me about your experience, you don't know what you're doing". They finally finished and left. This experience has soured me on the Ashley experience and although I need more pieces to complete my living room, I will likely shop elsewhere.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I have stepped into multiple furniture stores over the past couple months. It's always the same experience. A pushy salesperson who loves you short time. Once the deal is made, the love affair ends. This was especially true at Ashley Furniture. Customer service ended the second they knew they had me. Sum it up to you are paying extra for furniture because of the commission hidden in the costs to get this short-term love affair. It's like you are a cheap ** when you walk in the door of Ashley Furniture. Missed delivery dates, more delays, and the promises of compensation from the sales guy was the norm that wasn't delivered. From now on, Wayfair is my choice. Delivered to my home without the extra costs Ashley charges to deliver, no sales tax, and no commission to paid out to a sales rep who never saw me for anything but a sucker.

Original review: Sept. 11, 2018

I recently purchased my first home. I went to Ashley Furniture in hopes to purchase multiple furniture for different rooms. I purchased for bedroom, dining, and living room. Three different transactions were made on separate days. My first delivery was July 25, 2018. I was beyond excited to receive my bedroom set. Unfortunately (even paying for premium delivery), I was the final stop. My furniture came close to 9 pm. Three guys delivered and set up my furniture in under 15 minutes. I feel that 2 of the 3 guys were new to the company because one guy was directing them on what to do and asked them to be more careful. Anyways - I had just finished my remodeling on the house a week prior. The drivers caused damage to walls and the frame of the door. The damage was brought to their attention.

They advised to reach out to customer service and report the issue. I reached out both to customer service and the store in which I purchased from. I was assured that some type of compensation would be given to me but the proper steps needed to be taken. The matter should be resolved within 2-3 days according to management from the store. It's been over a month, I've sent close to 18 emails with no response. The store tells me that they also have reached out to customer service but I don't know how accurate that is. I posted a review on Yelp and finally a social media specialist for the company looked into the situation. I was told the drivers denied any damages done and I would not be compensated. Order_Number: **.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2018

(Only If There is no other place to buy furniture and if you are forced to buy from them.) Please take care when they deliver any product. Make sure you check the product in and out, as if the delivery person leaves your house after taking your signature, they will never replace it even if they give you the worst product. As they have repair over replace policy, which you are not told about by the salesperson and made to sign the purchase bill without knowing it. You get the surprise when there is a problem. Very bad experience. Will never ever buy from them. So Take Care when dealing with them.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I ordered online, the patio furniture was delivered damaged. After confirming redelivery 3 times and spending over an hour on hold, I decided I wanted a refund. Here I am 28-Days later currently on hold "again." Now I've spent over 2 hours "on hold" and I'm trying to confirm pick up again. I am waiting on hold because I have to, there is no option to email confirmation, text confirmation or leave a message. The only possible option is to wait on hold until someone picks up.

What has Ashley Furniture offered for my trouble, a whole lot of hassle... I currently have $6,000 of Ashley Furniture in my home from the past 5-years but this is the final straw, I will not purchase from them again. It's time to make a switch to a company that takes care of customers when the product fails. I have never had this issue with Ashley before because I haven't received a damaged item which tells me that resolving issues is just not something Ashley Furniture takes very seriously.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

Purchased a power loveseat and 2 power recliners on 7/22/2018 from the Dulles Eastern Plaza, Sterling Va store. Was given an estimated arrival date of 8/16/2018. 8/16 came and went with no update on delivery. Attempted to contact the store via the phone number listed on the invoice without success. First couple of times it went to a voicemail for some other furniture company or just rang and rang. Contacted Ashley via the website chat and was told they could help, they gave me the number to the store, when I told them what happened when I call the number they gave me an email address to a feedback site. (FanFeedback@Ashleyfurniture.com). Within a day I had a reply and was told that they were looking into it.

On 1 Sept 2018 we received our furniture but one of the recliners would not work. We were asked if we wanted to accept it and have a new motor delivered later or refuse the piece and get a new one shipped out. We choose to refuse the piece. About a week and a half goes by, they call and schedule delivery of the "new" recliner. We were given a windows from 1 to 4pm. When the delivery did not arrive between those hours I contacted the customer support to inquire, I was told it was delayed but they couldn't tell me how long. I will not be making a purchase from any Ashley furniture store in future no matter how good of a deal it is because of the customer service.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2018

I purchased a couch and loveseat August 25, 2018, when my furniture was delivered I noticed the left armrest was loose and made cracking noises. I called the store, they set another delivery time to bring out a new one. Day of 2nd couch delivery I got a call saying the delivery guy said the couch he was intending on bringing had same issue, of course I did not want a 2nd couch with the same issue, was told a new one would be ordered, but will not even be in until October 30, 2018. That’s 2 months to get a couch that I am paying for that I cannot sit on. This is unacceptable!

When I called the store they acted like “I” was the one who should be patient! Are you kidding me! I have never wrote a complaint about anything, but I will never buy a thing from Ashley again! Don’t buy from this company, they need to fix their issues and complaints with customers, don’t take a chance on it won’t happen to you, go elsewhere! Big Lots at least will go out if their way to make it right.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I purchased my media center from the Murrieta, Ca store. Twice my delivery date was cancelled without any notice. I was so frustrated with the customer service, I cancelled my order. I went ahead and ordered the same unit online and it's been a nightmare ever since. The phone number for customer service is a joke, no one ever picks up. It's the same recording over and over that all agents are helping others. I waited 40 minutes, then finally hung up. When I put my phone number in to pull up my order, I'm told there is no listing. Yet my account has already been deducted for the amount of purchase. It's really a shame, because I like their furniture, but not how they run the company.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I purchased a sofa from Ashley Furniture about five years ago and within a year the furniture started peeling. I kept it until now covered with throws. I would’ve never purchased that piece of furniture if the salesman hadn’t lied to me so I gave Ashley another chance because I figured it was the salesman’s fault. Just had my new sofa and loveseat delivered and the loveseat’s frame was completely bent. And again I was lied to about the sofa. It was an automatic reclining sofa that needed to be plugged in so I said, "I can’t do that I don’t have anywhere to plug it." The salesman told me that it has a battery back up and all I had to do was buy 9V batteries. Well guess what? There is no such thing! We have already spoken to corporate and they are speaking to Ashley furniture in Gastonia North Carolina. They have yet to call us back. I had the deliveryman return both pieces. I am beyond upset.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2018

I purchased a sofa and a loveseat with an estimated delivery time of 2-6 weeks. Almost 7 weeks have passed and the sofa and loveseat have not been delivered yet. I have called the store every day and there is nobody at the store that can give the status of my order. Every time I called they tell me that a manager is going to call me back and they never do. I called the store warehouse and they told me that the estimated time to receive my order was September 28 (3 weeks from now) plus delivery time. I used to love to buy at ASHLEY FURNITURE - NO MORE.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I purchased my mattress with a 10 year warranty. It sinks and we wake up with a back aches every morning. Called Ashley. They sent a representative to measure the amount it sunk. I was told it was 1/4 inch away from where it had to be in order to replace it. After additional months went by I called again. They sent a technician again. This time I was told it was 1/2 inch away from the amount it had to sink. It was truly amazing! According to them my mattress improved even though I knew for sure it was worse since I kept a record of how much it sunk!

I called customer service to complain. They told me I had to speak to a representative before I could speak to a manager. After telling my entire story the man proceeded to tell me that there was nothing he could do and a manager was not available to speak to me. No matter how many times I called there still was not a manager available! I called Stearns and Foster directly and they called Ashley to speak to them. They were told there was no one there for them to speak to either! They asked the woman to give them my phone number and they would contact me directly! Needless to say that never happened. I feel that they were extremely dishonest and moved the numbers around so they would not have to replace my mattress! I would never buy a thing from Ashley Furniture since they don't stand by their products and they don't want to be bothered speaking to you. I was never able to get a manager!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Bought 2 Curio/Book Cases (6/13/17) $1,000. Units smelled so bad that it took 2 deliveries to get something that we could stand. Had to use special deodorizer to reduce smell. Shelves fell after 13 months so beyond warranty. Told complained too late - said they'd review & call back - never did. Professional said they were made poorly with brackets that didn't fit & wouldn't hold shelves so had to pay for someone to repair and secure shelves permanently. Would never buy from them again. No return policy if disappointed just exchange and that was a hassle.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I bought a new outdoor patio set for our new house and it was delivered in late May. The furniture arrived with a large slice through a patch of the wicker. The defect is at the corner joint, such that sitting on the largest part of the sofa causes the support wicker to give, which will almost certainly break after a few uses. Therefore, we cannot even use the furniture.

I contacted Ashley customer service in early June immediately after finding the defect. I sent a number of pictures clearly detailing the damage and was told that Ashley would be submitting a vendor credit to have the dysfunctional piece replaced. Customer service never reached out to me regarding any updates, so I reached back out to them and was told a decision on the vendor credit would take at least 30 days to process. I was never once contacted by Ashley customer service to provide any updates during that 30 day period.

Towards the end of the 30 day period, I decided to reach out to customer service myself. Interestingly enough, they called back and told me that they had heard back from the vendor that day and the credit was denied, so they couldn't replace my piece. However, they said that they had ordered a replacement panel and would be scheduling a repair technician to come to my home and fix the piece. Great, I thought, after a month and a half, I was finally going to have my furniture -- which we had not been able to use the whole summer -- fixed. A week later, the replacement part showed up; it was not a wicker panel, like I was told, but instead a small roll of the wicker strands.

I was skeptical that a technician would be able to weave the wicker to fix the defective patch, so I called Ashley and was assured that the technician would be able to handle it. I was also told the third-party service repair company would be reaching out to me to schedule the service. I waited a week and had not heard from the repair company, so I decided to call customer service to schedule the service myself. Interestingly enough, the Ashley representative was able to schedule the service technician while I was on the phone. The technician would be coming in two weeks time.

This past weekend, the technician showed up, as scheduled, took one look at the replacement roll of wicker and the defective furniture, and outright stated that there was no way he could fix the issue. So he took a picture of the defective patch, had me sign his report stating that he could not fix the piece, and told me I would be hearing from Ashley to figure out a way to fix the issue.

I was supposed to hear from Ashley by Monday afternoon. It is now Thursday and I still haven't heard from customer service. I decided to reach out to them myself. The customer service agent was able to find the report. She spoke with her supervisor about a path forward. I was not offered any way to replace or fix the defective piece but was instead offered the chance to keep my furniture at a discounted price. I stated that I would rather just return the piece for a full refund. I was told this was not possible. I was told that they will be requesting a vendor credit (to replace the defective piece) a second time and the customer service agent hung up.

I do not expect to hear back from customer service unless I reach out to them myself. I do not expect the vendor credit to be issued. I do not expect for Ashley to offer to fix or replace my furniture. It has been 3 months with a piece of furniture that was delivered in a defective, unusable state. Ashley customer service has not reached out to me on their own initiative one time to help resolve the issue. They do, however, continue to charge me each month for the furniture. I'm sure they would be pretty adamant about me paying if that were to stop. Long story short: Ashley customer service does everything in their power to drag out the process of fixing their defective furniture. They expect their customers to simply give up and accept the defects that will almost certainly show up in their cheaply made furniture. Avoid Ashley at all costs.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Purchased sofa was delivered by two unprofessional rude men. Sofa had sweat stains which worker admitted where his! I refused couch sent back. Talked to company was told I would not receive my $80 shipping cost back. Why should I pay for a item that delivered improperly with defects. There were also a few chips from getting through door that I can overlook but not sweat stains!!! Will never do business again with this company.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I had purchased a bed set and the delivery wasn’t one time. The delivery came after 4 days, all the sets were came with a wrong parts, therefore I called the company customer care waited for 35.min on the line and I told them you had sent me a wrong part could you fix it asap ,the company said no, we sent you a correct parts so finally on the 3 day technician came and took a look and indeed it was a wrong part, I called them back again for refund or send a new set they 100% declined this is what they say we will deduct 25% of your product if I want the refund even though it was their mistakes, what they are trying to here just sell the product and washed their hand, it’s a terrible experience with Ashley Furniture at Brampton... soon they will need shut the door if they are going like the way they are.

Let’s finish the story, so then they said well deliver your product in September 1st, I said cool, after 5 minutes someone from the customer services called me, "Sorry we don’t have that in stock therefore you must waited till September 16th", I said, "What kind of service you guys have?" No refund. No on time service. Please never go there its BAD people a bad service. Ashley should learn from other company, like Leons, Brick, Badboy. Why do you want to deducts 25% of my product, you made the mistake and I was not happy about the service.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

DON'T make online purchases!!! Online purchases made with Ashley credit require a separate card for paying purchase tax. I followed the rules and entered information for both cards. The confirmation email stated that my personal card was billed for the entire purchase and taxes. My Ashley account showed that my Ashley account was billed for the entire purchase and taxes too. Ashley phone lines had me on hold over 20 minutes twice and the line dropped twice.

I visited Ashley store and the associate said he couldn't help. Ashley didn't answer my online message. It was 6 days before I could talk to a person at Ashley. They said only my personal card was charged. I told them to put the charge on the interest free Ashley card I entered. They said there was nothing they could do but to have me receive the furniture, ship it back for a refund and start over. Their mistake will cost me loads of interest or loads of time, neither of which I have to spare. They insisted they could do nothing to correct the problem nor to alleviate the anguish they are causing my finances. Don't buy online with Ashley.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I purchased this from Ashley Furniture. The sales rep sold me the wrong bed. I called. They told me it was the correct one. I went to the store. Located the mattress I wanted and compared it to the one that was delivered to me. I told them it was not what I ordered. The mattress I have has multiple bulges in it. They gave me a split base with king sized mattress and refused to exchange their mistake. This mattress caused me multiple back problems along with sleeping problems. I have to see a back specialist for due to the lumps and bulk bulging going on. Ashley furniture should be ashamed of themselves. The sales rep knew what I wanted but went ahead and charged me for a mattress I never even laid on. I am assuming because it was more expensive and giving him more bonus. This is unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Staff was great but the sofa I purchased ($900) is worthless. I had the sofa about a month and it’s already lumpy. I’m afraid to continue sitting in it for the fear of getting uglier. If you are considering to purchase furniture from this place - DON'T. Go somewhere else. It’s a waste of money. I think used furniture is better quality.

Ashley Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1945, Ashley Furniture became an industry leader in 1970 when its first plant opened in Wisconsin. The plant started with 35 employees, and the brand has since grown to include stores in more than 120 countries.

• Convenient locations: With many locations across the country, it's easy to find a showroom near you. Use the store locator tool on the website to get started.

• Quality tested: Each design from Ashley Furniture undergoes rigorous quality testing for safety, comfort and durability. Take a look at some of the methods used on their website.

• America's #1 home furniture brand: Ashley Furniture's quality appeals to consumers across various demographics, making it the top selling home furniture brand in the United States according to Homes & Textiles Today with reported revenues in excess of 3.3 billion dollars.

• Online showroom: The online showroom feature gives you an idea of what to expect at your local store, but it's just a sample and shouldn't be considered a complete inventory.

• Best for: Families, individuals and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs