Ashley Furniture

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

My mother bought our kitchen table set from Ashley Furniture a few years ago because our old table didn't match the color of our new home. I remember the sales person there was not the most helpful but my mother insisted that it was the best quality for the cost compared to other stores. When they delivered and assembled the table and chairs, I noticed the chairs did not look like the ones at the store. When I contacted the store, they advised me to inspect the box the product came in and the image of the chairs in the box was not the same as in the store.

So my mom went to the store and took a picture of the display and indeed they were not the same. The sales manager coaxed my mother into keeping the chairs citing they were of better quality. A few days later I had time to go myself to complain about the chairs. The sales manager told me that I was passed the exchange or return period. I walked out a very unhappy customer. So I told my mother to dispute the charge on her credit card. Nope, that didn't work because guess what...it was an Ashley credit account!

This is only half the story. Not even six months passing, the chairs started falling apart with wobbly legs that needed tightening. The table extension wouldn't stay on its latch and kept falling on our knee caps. The table stain began to blister as though water had soaked into the wood. So we are getting rid of it because it's now an eyesore in our kitchen. I highly recommend that you DON'T BUY FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE!!!

One star is too many. They delivered her bedroom suite after 2 weeks. She paid cash!!! Then they delivered the wrong furniture. For 2 days I was told it had not been delivered, said it had and your delivery men want it back because they gave us the wrong stuff. After 6 days on the phone long distance I told them we would pay the difference. They will not take a debit card over the phone, will not take a cashier’s check or money order through the mail. Well over 100 miles round trip to pay an extra 1033.04. Is this how they make a profit? WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN!!!

We had a negative customer experience where we purchased a floor model item and I had to return since the staffer that took it apart for transportation neglected to provide all the parts to us. Frustrating because this is not a simple around the corner trip. At the time the manager via his sales representative provided us a gift card for our troubles. Fast forward to July 14th, 2017. Go to the store to check out new couches and at least purchase a twin mattress. First the sales representative could not answer simple questions and would disappear us. Then when asking for items we saw online that matched the models on the floor they were unable to provide the same colors that were noted online. This felt like we were at a completely different store.

Then when we found a couch that we might have take or ordered we asked for a tape measure since the dimensions were not listed. I ask the sales representatives that were sitting around and they made comments such as, "I left mine at home." When asked who was helping us I said no one because the sales representative was nowhere to be seen. The front counter didn't have any tape measures because they said they disappear. Now maybe it is just me but a furniture should have several of these available. One for each employee and ten or more extras. Go to the Dollar store and buy some cheap ones to have on hand. Anyways, the lack of customer service with only assist trying to get us to purchase items or colors we didn't want and then employees that you can tell hate their job caused us to walk out. Sorry, but we are now shopping online.

Furniture was delivered with lots of nicks and damages not readily visible. Some furniture items were never delivered, and expected delivery dates were not honored. Items looked as if they had been touched up. I spend over 8,000 dollars. Everyone is very polite but no one calls back to resolve issues. My parent accepted delivery on my behalf because of my work schedule. Please go to a reputable company, spend extra money because you get what you pay for!

They have no problem taking your money but they have forgotten what customer service stands for and they do not honor their mission statement. I seldom listen to complaints but trust me this store is not worth the trouble! I paid for white glove setup. I also paid for a five year warranty and am under a manufacturer warranty. They had signs stated a bed cost was $400 USC. After review of sales receipt additional costs were incurred for rails. They immured certain items from my order but quoted me the price with the items included. The amount owed with the down payment doesn't add up. They are an unethical company. The only response I get is they are waiting to receive feedback from a supervisor. They never call me. I constantly have to call them. I have contacted the New Jersey location warehouse as well as the Central Avenue Store in Yonkers where I placed my order.

One star because they have some really cute furniture and great deals. BUT. The overall experience/customer service has been negative enough that I wouldn't consider returning. June 1st we made a large furniture purchase (couch, loveseat, chair, coffee table, end tables, lamps, bookcase, etc). We spent quite a while selecting furniture, and then -due to an archaic in-store point of sale system- another lengthy amount of time paying for the items. After payment, we were notified that we would not receive our furniture delivery until July 11th. 40 days? Ridiculous, but after all the trouble I couldn't fathom canceling the order and just walking away.

As of today (July 11th) we've received only the bookcase (which incidentally arrived 1.5 hours outside the 4 hour delivery window so TG someone was home). After calling the customer service # it seems the chair should have been delivered as well but "wasn't marked for delivery for some reason" and **ALL** of the other items have been back-ordered, to be delivered in another 5 weeks. Maybe. Possibly. If I'm lucky. Because as the unhelpful customer service representative remarked "You know, these things just change every day and there's no way to predict what will be available."

So, bottom line: while you might find something you love at Ashley and walk away thinking you scored because the damage to your wallet was less than expected, if you actually want to have the furniture IN YOUR HOUSE rather than just a photocopied invoice decorating your sad, empty rooms I'd look elsewhere. Like, literally, anywhere else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

About two years ago I purchased two sets of mattress from Ashley Furniture in Middletown. One of the mattress sunk in. I reported it to Ashley and the protection plan and they don't cover. It's just so surprising to me when you're at the store they con you to buy protection plans that cover anything and everything and once you walk out the premises your purchase has no value and their word goes down the drain. Leaving you with a debt and a poor purchase. This is the second incident I have experienced with them. The first was with a sofa cushion and had the same end result not covered. Their customer service is the worst and their furniture is poorly made. Ashley Furniture it's just for appearance not for use. I am absolutely upset with this company, they are a rip-off and so is their protection company. Should go out of business! Consumer BEWARE. They will rip you off.

There are no words to describe how horrible this place was, I spent 2200 on a bed and a chest. The headboard half of it was unfinished when delivered, had to wait over 2 weeks for a tech to look at it and tell me, "Oh it wasn't painted right," duh, so now another 2 weeks for a new one. Chest has defects yet they will not exchange. I have argued with every idiot you can think of and can't get anywhere, lost a loyal customer for years. You are by far the worst I ever dealt with.

We bought a sleeper sofa on 06/28/17 for delivery on 07/12/17. They just called and told us the floor model we bought had to be ordered from the factory and wouldn't get here until the end of the month. So we have gotten rid of our excess furniture in our den in order to fit the new sofa. So we are out of the use of our den for three weeks. They told us they do not sell floor models. A bold lie. We went by and the floor model we had agreed to take was no longer there. We will never do business with Ashley again.

Ordered a $1200 couch and it was said to be delivered in 1 week. Took 3. Upon delivery, a foot of the couch was missing. It was outside, torn up. I had to just find a screw and screw it on because I did not want to deal with it. On top of this, some fabric on the back is torn. Paying $1200 you expect to get the best, unscuffed couch. I guess Ashley's sees differently.

In February 2016, I was overly excited to enter in the doors of Ashley Furniture to make a purchase for my girls. With the money I worked so hard to save, I had purchased 2 twin beds, a dresser, and an nightstand. My sales rep Jaeson, at the time was very helpful, very friendly and went above and beyond to help me with making a final decision with my purchase. It wasn't until the day the furniture was delivered that I started to have trouble with the quality of service provided.

On the day of delivery, Ashley delivered me everything except the other twin bed. Frustrated because the invoice clearly stated 2 beds were to be delivered, but also frustrated with the number of people I was transferred to before I could get a ETA on the missing twin bed. Once the bed had arrived, approximately a month later, I began to notice imperfection in the paint job, anything that was placed on the furniture it would leave an imprint in the paint. The kids could no longer leave their jewelry box or picture frames on their new set.

After taking notice I immediately contacted Ashley and sent pictures since my furniture was still under a year warranty with the store. After review, which too for me to make several follow up calls and visits to the store because no one had gotten back to me with a response, I was told to contact the extended warranty company. After contacting GBS Warranty Services, a reference number was given and I was informed someone would contact me. Well let's just say if I never called back I would still be waiting. When I contacted them for a second time I was told that they could find the claim and I would have to file another one. Okay, so now yet another waiting process with no response.

After reaching out yet again to follow up on the status of the claim I was told someone tried call me, but I never received the call nor did anyone from the company leave a message on my voice mail. In the meantime an appointment was scheduled for someone to come out to take an observation of the furniture. They did, and I was told the furniture need to be repainted and glazed that it appeared the paint hadn't completely settled before the glaze was applied and they would send someone to my home to repaint it. Now I'm thinking, there is no way you're gonna spray paint anything in my home, so I suggested that they take it back to the warehouse and make the necessary corrections. Well once again after the representative form GBS came out to assess the items, there was still no communication about the ETA for repair.

Now with over a year of frustration and no change, I finally spoke with a rep from GBS that was very empathetic to my situation and within an hour granted me an authorization of full replacement of only the dresser and the nightstand, but I would have to purchase a warranty for the all of the items because the warranty is now no longer valid since they are replace the existing items. Really??? Although, I was very appreciative, I would have preferred to have a store credit. I didn't want to take chances of replacing the same items to yet again run into the same problem. After contacting the store to see if they would be willing to credit me my monies, I was told, yes, but only for the dresser and the night stand and I would have to pay for the items to delivered as they become available. After fighting this battle for so long I grew tired.

Last night with dusting the furniture I noticed imperfections in the headboard... I am just so upset, because in all my years of living and keeping house, I've never experienced anything like this or had furniture I couldn't dust or put anything on. I just want my money back at this point. I would never recommend Ashley Furniture to anyone!

We recently purchased a new Mfg. Home and are trying to outfit a living room! We found (what we thought) was a good quality, nice looking set. Much to our dismay, we did NOT thoroughly examine it before signing the delivery. The chair I will 'grin and bear it'!!! The loveseat, I have been waiting 13 days for someone to pick it up!!! It is cruddy!!! The right side is almost 2 inches off from the left side! Horrible workmanship! Since we are retired military, we went thru our base exchange thinking that would be best! Wrong answer!!! It makes it even worse! I will NEVER purchase a Ashley product again!!!

Wow! This place is an absolute joke... Do not buy furniture from here. We had never been in one and stopped in, everything was on sale. I had to think about other purchases but saw an accent chair priced at $339 I wanted for a guest bedroom. The rep Damian in Fort Wayne, Indiana sold me the floor model for $170. Right after leaving I saw it listed on their site for $148. They are literally just con artists trying to make a buck. Do yourself a favor and shop at a reputable store. Seriously go to Kittle's etc.. Nice thing is I was considering a 5k set and wanted to think about it. Good to know if they are willing to rip me off over a silly accent chair they are a total joke and did us a huge favor. Do not shop there for serious purchases!

We went in to purchase a sectional, we were approved for one amount and told wait for the 4th of July sale. We came back two weeks later with our downpayment and they couldn't find our paperwork so had to run us again but when they did a way lesser amount was approved and they wouldn't honor anything. She said previously she would honor it... also this trip she is saying we need all this paperwork that before no one ever mentioned or we would have been prepared... needless to say we went elsewhere but it's very upsetting.

I received a phone call around 12 pm yesterday from one of the delivery guys (I think his name was Tyler or Taylor?) and he said they delivered our furniture in the basement of the wrong house, they got paint all over the couches but they will still bring the couches to my house for me to look at them and I have the right to refuse them. I immediately contacted Ashley Furniture to speak with a manager, which I ended up speaking with Mel, who was very apologetic and shocked this had happened. She told me to keep the furniture for now to get us through while she ordered us new furniture and assured this wouldn't happen again. The delivery guys got to my house, I went outside, told them I had already spoken to the manager and that they needed to bring the furniture downstairs because we're going to keep it to hold us over for now until the new ones come in.

One of the guys said "Are you serious?! I don't want to have to take this down to another basement! Do you want to look at it to make sure you want it?" I went over to the truck, they had both couches just thrown in, sitting in their dirty truck, completely uncovered with white paint all over them. I told them, to take them in because I can't be without furniture right now. They both came in to see where they were taking the couches, looked at each other and said "oh my god, I can't believe we have to take this down another basement." Their excuse of how the furniture ended up in another customers basement was that the other customers got very similar looking couches to ours, they took our couches down there and the other customers never said anything to them and were hoping they would just leave them there & they realized they shouldn't have taken them in there, so they immediately took them out.

Then, he questioned me calling the manager and asked if I told her that they put the furniture in the wrong house. I said, "yes, I told them exactly what you told me over the phone." and he walked away. Bringing the furniture in, they could not figure out how to do it. The one delivery guy had no idea what he was doing, lost his shoe in the process. They said they couldn't take the couches apart. After they got one of the couches in, I noticed at the top of my stairs, my drywall was damaged. I saw them both look at it, realizing if I noticed or not and they continued to walk away.

Then, they brought the other couch in, I kept my distance and heard several loud noises from them moving the couches down. I started to come downstairs, noticed again, another part of my wall was completely damaged, paint completely chipped off to the point where you can see the original wood from the house. I came downstairs and asked "what in the world happened?!" The delivery guy’s response was "it was a really tight fit." I told them I was so upset, this entire experience has been horrible and I will call the manager back and take it up with her and asked them to leave. His response was "I hope we don't have to come back and take this furniture out again." I told him I'd be sure that wasn't going to happen. They also brought in paperwork they wanted me to sign and I refused to & I was not comfortable signing anything.

My husband got home last night and was extremely furious and upset. We came to Ashley Furniture because we have quite a few friends that had recommended us to you. I reached out to a friend that got the exact same set of furniture as us and said that the couches do come apart. So with that being said, all of this, as far as the damages to our home go, could have easily been avoided if the delivery guys would have taken 10 minutes of their time to take the 6 bolts out of the couches and taken them apart. And this "delivery" is what we paid $99 for? We are just extremely confused with who is hired to represent Ashley Furniture. We are absolutely sick to our stomach about this ENTIRE experience. Spending $2500 worth of furniture and delivered pretty much used and damaged has ruined all of our excitement about this purchase.

My husband and I sat down last night and discussed what happened and decided with the new furniture being delivered and it taking yet another day of our time, he is going to take the day off work to make sure nothing close to this ever happens again. So we would like 40% off our current balance due plus payment for damages to our home, fixing the drywall and having to re-paint. We're going to get an estimate done right away and will bring that to Ashley Furniture for a check to made out to us so we can get this all fixed. OR this furniture can be picked up, refund our money back in full and pay for the damages and we will go somewhere else to buy new furniture.

UPDATE!!! On how awful and incompetent this company is. June 15 Aaron ** apparent district manager agrees to terms. Orders new furniture, says get damages fixed, they will cut construction company check, will give us new contract with 40% off. And will send their best out to redeliver new furniture.. Awesome right? June 21 called because there was no contact. Wanted to know when new furniture would be in. Getting passed around on how damages were going to get covered. Jeanette from service says may have to deal with insurance. And Aaron (once again suppose to be taking care of this) could not be reached and obviously couldn't provide us with a balance or insurance we would be compensated for this headache. June 22 I, once again call in, since Aaron doesn't seem to care too much about the situation or enough to return a phone call. He got the balances.

We requested something in writing, he said we would get something from the Holland store in the mail within a week. Aaron also said furniture will be in on June 27 and they would call with delivery arrangements. Also he contracted our contracting company personally to make payment arrangements so the damages could be fixed, and the check was in the mail. June 27, furniture is in, schedule delivery for the 30th between 12-3. Damages are repaired by contractor. Still nothing in the mail about our balance from Aaron. This is perfect right? Damages fixed and new furniture in before our 4th get together right?

June 30 phone call at 1042am from Tyler from Ashley furniture, says they will be here in 10 min to del. Guess who shows up? The same 2 movers who damaged my house the first because they were too lazy to take it apart the first time. I met them in the driveway and said are you kidding me? Tyler says it will be different this time and very apologetic. I told him I'm in the delivery business for over 20 years, I would’ve got fired on the spot for the did. He said I could refuse delivery and request different drivers. I said no you’re here. I'll clear the driveway of our 2 cars so they can back in and make it easier. After I clear the cars out, the other delivery driver says he talked to his boss Jess and they told them just to bring the truck back with our furniture still inside... Obviously we are both on fire at this point. As I took a day off work to be home, as of all the trouble the first time they attempted to deliver it.

11am called Defiance location to get a hold of Aaron ** (once again he was going handle everything right?). Told he was in a manager meeting, and no one else to talk to because they were all in the meeting. But he would be in the Holland store by 1pm. 215pm called Holland store told Aaron was in a meeting… still. 354pm called Holland again told he still wasn't there and he would call us back. 419pm Jesse the warehouse manager calls and says she like to schedule delivery... really? No phone call Aaron explain why nothing has been taking care, why the same delivery guys were sent out? Where is our copy of the balances? And the contractor that did the repairs still hasn't been paid.

625pm district manager Aaron ** has finally been located and decides it’s time to finally make a phone call to see what’s going on... this is who you have running your company? Is he this incompetent or is everyone under him just doesn't do what he orders them to do? The answer we’ll never know, because when I asked Aaron ** for a solution to this disaster... silence. Told him you leave us no choice but to take legal action for our deposit and contractor repair. Will open complaints with BBB and ConsumerAffairs. How these clowns are still allowed to business is beyond me. Consumers beware, this is a pass the buck operation, and live in a district where furniture companies are a dime a dozen, I would hope this one is gone soon so they can't do this to other people.

Our experience with Ashley Furniture has been awful. First of all it took five weeks for 5 pieces of furniture to come in and over $3,000 in money spent. We were called four different times, with delivery schedules set up, only to have each one of them cancelled. The first time the delivery was cancelled no one even called to let me know, I had waited most of the morning and decided to call customer service myself only to be told the delivery had been cancelled for some strange reason. They rescheduled it. I took off work again and waited, no one called, no one came by so I called customer service again only to be told one of the pieces had not come in yet when in prior conversation a week earlier I was told everything was in. So they rescheduled again.

This went on four times, I was called this morning which is the morning that they are supposed to deliver (Saturday) and I was told no trucks were available and they could not deliver until the following Tuesday which is July 4th. Now mind you I had taken off work for each of these expected deliveries. Now I have to take off work again and unfortunately one of the pieces is a sofa bed for company that we are expecting this weekend. Now there is nowhere for company to sleep except hard floor. How many times do they expect someone to take off work for a delivery?! I guess that doesn't matter to them if I get fired. Ashley Furniture is a joke, a true circus, we will never ever purchase anything from them again. If our sofa bed doesn't get here this next scheduled date they can keep everything and we're going to ask for our money back and go someplace else.

Just a quick note: shopped Ashley in 2016, bought a dining table that was delivered with chairs where legs were unstable and scratches on the table top. We were not @ home when furniture was delivered. Dining set was completely wrapped in plastic so flaws were not easily available to see. Called to speak with manager in Carlsbad, CA. We were told Ashley does not accept returns. PERIOD! We will never shop Ashley again. La-Z-Boy carries much better quality and more variety, and a return policy. Ashley carries JUNK!

We purchased a couch and loveseat from the Huntsville (TX) store. We felt we were buying the best because we had heard nothing but good about Ashley Furniture. We specifically asked if it was leather and was told it was which wasn't a lie since it was covered with leather thinner than a sheet of paper. The furniture was hardly used and definitely not abused. You can sit next to it and watch the thin layer of leather pop off. Each day we have to sweep the pieces off the floor around the furniture. Definitely will not buy anything from any Ashley store again. If you want pictures email me and will be glad to forward them to you. BUYER BEWARE.

My experience with Ashley and GBS started in October 2016 and is ongoing. I bought an extended warranty as recommended by Ashley. There was a rip in the leather of my sectional sofa at which time my husband contacted GBS for repair. They inquired as to the date the rip occurred. My husband gave the month we bought it in error instead of the date it happened. The answering party advised that the damage needs to be reported within 30 days of occurrence so they would not be able to do any repairs. I called with the correct date and was advised they would take care of the rip as a one time courtesy. After waiting many weeks, I received the leather that needed to be replaced. They sent a technician to my home for repair at which time he broke the clips in the chaise portion of the sofa requiring the entire piece to be replaced.

After many months of going back and forth, they sent a replacement chaise. The dye lot did not match. They sent two more chaise pieces, none matched. I requested a new sofa as after a year or sooner you can be pretty much guaranteed that you won't get an exact match. GBS advised that they do not guarantee that a person will get the same dye lot. This is an extended five year warranty. So you can be guaranteed if you file a claim in that time period, you will not get a matching piece. I then contacted Ashley as they use GBS as subcontractors. I explained the whole experience advising to both Ashley and GBS that if their technician did not break the clips, I would still have a matching piece. Due to negligence on the part of the technician and Ashley and GBS refusing to do anything more, I am left with a $3,000.00 mismatched sofa.

Ashley should have stepped up to the plate to give us a brand new sofa as that is the only way all pieces will match. We have spent over $15,000.00 in the past five years at this store. No one at GBS or Ashley takes the customer into consideration even after we have been a "valued customer" over the years. The CEO and other upper management personnel were also contacted but have never responded. I have spent hours on the telephone, missed work for the deliveries and repairs and all I have to show for it is a mismatched sofa. I am now moving forward with a lawsuit and have been in contact with a local television station that is interested in what I have to say. This should never of happened if only these companies would "Think Like A Customer".

We ordered our living room furniture the beginning of June and was supposed to receive it by the 22nd. They finally get it delivered and go figure it is the wrong recliner, not even close. I've been calling multiple times to get it figured out and all they can do is transfer my call or hang up on me. If I can get through this last time I'm canceling my order and going somewhere that can get it right the first time. This place is worthless and not worth stressing over getting the right item on time. If I could I would give them negative 10 stars for how horrible our experience was.

On Wednesday, July 14, 2017, I proceeded to shop directly from an Ashley Furniture HomeStore. When I initially entered the store located at 10921 Hull Street Road, Midlothian, Virginia, the salesman stationed at the door neither greeted me, nor offered to assist me. I proceeded to the kiosk, and entered the necessary information for the sofa and loveseat I was interested in purchasing. The kiosk then directed me to complete my sale via a sales associate. The aforementioned salesman then proceeded to assist, but after a few minutes of entering my order, he obtained the assistance of **, manager. In order to check to see the balance, ** immediately asked for my Ashley Advantage credit card. I inquired of ** as to whether this was to verify if I, in fact, knew my own credit card balance. Ignoring my question, ** then stated my balance to me in the presence of store employees, and other customers.

Immediately after committing this offense, ** again -- within the earshot of customers -- advised me that my order required a cash downpayment of either the sales tax, or delivery charge. I then proceeded to explain to ** that I'd previously purchased and received furniture from Ashley Furniture HomeStore via my Ashley card, without any downpayment, and I expected to do the same with the instant order. ** then curtly stated "A downpayment is needed. It isn't much, so how would [you] like to pay?" I confirmed via my credit card, and proceeded to leave the store.

As a manager, **'s behavior was deplorable. Her lack of professionalism and tact is unacceptable. Rather than explain whatever perceived circumstances she may have had surrounding my purchase, in the privacy of an office, ** flagrantly and presumptuously divulged my personal information in a dismissive and condescending manner. While I understand Ashley Furniture's concern in ensuring a customer's ability to pay, **'s attempt in this area was not only unethical, it was rude -- evidencing a glaring lack of ability in customer care and discretion. Inasmuch, as a third-time, returning, Ashley Furniture Home customer with an excellent payment record the conduct of this manager warrants in the least, a written warning, and at the most, termination.

It is interesting to note that for all of **'s earnest efforts to demean and categorize a paying customer in the presence of others, she truly reflected a mentality that staunchly works against Ashley Furniture's penchant for community care, and as a member of the Chesterfield, Virginia community, this experience will not remain unknown. Furthermore, while **'s apparent function is to monitor customer financial credibility, her first priority should be in recognizing that each and every customer is to be treated with respect and dignity. Anything less, speaks not only to the representatives of Ashley Furniture, but to the company itself.

Indeed, identifying that Ashley Furniture is not built upon furniture, but upon those who purchase it, should make it clear to ALL Ashley Furniture employees, that WHO not what is the priority. Finally, as I enjoy my new sofa and loveseat ordered on-line at Ashley Furniture, and delivered to my home without any problem or downpayment I ask you, **, what role did you really play on behalf of Ashley Home Furniture: manager... or moron?

We have been customers of Ashley furniture for over 12 years. We have spent over 30000$ over the years. In 2015 we spent 7000$ on a leather sectional. Bought the extra warranty. The furniture has been fading away when you get in and out of the seat. It looks horrible. I contacted Ashley Furniture and they say it is scratches. They are 100% wrong. They refuse to replace the two seats that have faded away from getting in and out of the seat. There is no sun that hits the couch to make it fade. I am so disappointed in this company. I have always recommended them. BUT no more. I have ugly furniture now. Thank you for nothing.

On June 10, 2017, I purchased a 14 piece bedroom. After looking over the itemized list I counted 13 pieces. King panel footboard/rails = 2, headboard = 1, dresser/mirror = 2, night stand = 1, mattress = 1, foundation = 2, lamps = 2, pillow = 1, duvet cover set = 1. I called the store, the lady on the phone, and the manager counted 13 pieces. They told me I was missing a throw. I called back to get it ordered, just to be talked over, rushed off of the phone and told that I'm not missing a throw, but that the duvet set, which contains 2 pillow covers inside the set count as 3 pieces.

How in the heck do you count a set, packaged together, not sold separately as 3 pieces? If, that's the case, then I guess I got a 15 piece set? I have never felt so disrespected, and rudely treated in my life. The courtesy stopped right after they got our money! The salesperson went from "Mr Friendly, and I want you to be happy" to "Mr. Fast talker who doesn't have time for me." Freaking amazing!!! Fast talking only made you look like a bigger liar, because I went from the manager saying he only counted 13 to Mr fast talker salesman coming up with 15 items!! Wow!!!

I purchased 2 love seats from Ashley Furniture in Tukwila WA. This purchase was suppose to be on 6 months no interest, $100.00. The sales man was very clear to Victoria in the office of the purchase terms. I gave Victoria a personal check for the $100.00 and she replied that she did not know how to do a personal check, so I pulled out my debit card. When she handed me the paperwork she had actually ran the card for the total purchase price. I told her, "No this is suppose to be 6 months no interest with $100.00 down." She then replied that the sales person had not told her that, then said, "Just a minute" and proceeded to page the salesperson.

When he came up she was very rude to him saying he didn't tell her it was 6 months no interest, (I was standing there when he told her 6 months no interest & $100 down). I said, "Well now you need to stop this transaction" and she said she would have to wait till her manager returned from lunch. She said she would email me when it was taken care of. I told her she needed to call me also. I went to work and 4 hours later she had not called so I called her. She said her manager said it would take 3-5 days to put my money back. I said, "No that's not good enough. I'll call my bank". I called the bank & the money had already been taken out.

I called the store back and again got Victoria. I asked to speak to the manager. She then replied, "What is this concerning" & I said, "It's about the transaction from earlier today". Victoria replied, "I already told you I'm sorry". I then said, "Look you have created a very big problem for me, now you're not helping so I want to speak to your manager." She put me on hold. I spoke to Marcus, told him I needed the money returned to my account and he said he would talk to the higher ups in Texas on Monday.

It is now Wednesday and my money has not been returned. This is inexcusable, this is 2017 and if a merchant can immediately take money out of a customers account they can definitely put the money back immediately. Ashley Furniture should be a little more careful of employees they hire, they need to be properly trained and also be team players. This mess was not my fault and it should have been fixed on the day it occurred. There is no excuse for this type of treatment. VERY DISSATISFIED WITH THIS TRANSACTION.

Consumer Increased Rating!

After purchasing over $10,000 worth of furniture, and running into what I accepted as being "tolerable" inconveniences, we have most of the problems worked out. Why, oh why didn't I read all the reviews before purchasing? Because we TRULY believed Ashley Furniture is of top quality and, therefore, their service would be the same. I should have realized we had entered into a problem when the sales representative would not allow us to purchase a matching sofa pillow - to go with the other 3 we had "just" purchased. We found the identical pillows on the showroom floor, but we're told we "can't buy one of those because it will not look good in the showroom if that sofa is missing a pillow." So ours would become a "special order."

That was April, 2017. It's now June 20. Delivery date was long, 5/22/17. Worse, after weeks, we were told the 2 missing pieces were damaged in shipping. Another wait. One recliner didn't even work when plugged in - another delay in waiting for tech - which is supposed to be 6/22/17. Finally, today, rep called back to check on our satisfaction. So far, so good, but it's only been weeks! After reading reviews (nearly ALL negative), we're truly concerned we've made a HUGE mistake! I mean, really, we still can't get the matching pillow? Reps don't call back when they say they will. I'm worried the $885.85 for 5yr accidental coverage was also a foolish investment. The phrase, "Buyer beware" is now a stinging thought running through my mind. Please don't let it run through yours.

I bought and paid for two end tables at Ashley Furniture in Brandon, FL and they were delivered this morning. My husband received and signed for them without thoroughly checking them over. The first one was dusty and when I removed the sticker it left a residue that had to be rubbed off. When I checked the second one the door fell off and it had quite a bit of sawdust inside. I immediately called the service number and they said I would be receiving 2 screws and a door in 7 days. Ashley Furniture works under the pretext if you sign the paperwork you take responsibility. These end tables are the first and last items I will be purchasing from Ashley. So incredibly disappointing and frustrating. The local furniture companies and Wayfair bend over backwards making their customers happy.

My father purchased a sofa, loveseat and recliner from Ashley Furniture about 6 months before he passed away in 2013. He also purchased a Gold package from Guardsman. I took the furniture and talked with Ashley furniture and showed them the death certificate and my responsibility of taking over his debts and they said because of the circumstances the warranty would transfer after speaking with Guardsman. Fast forward to 2017 and the leather surface on the couch and loveseat are peeling top layers (very cheap in my opinion). We filled out all the paperwork and sent it in.

We received a denial for the following reasons: "Loveseat/Sofa - The required reporting timeframe for the stain or damage has not been met under the terms of the protection plan. The reported damage on your furniture is not covered under the terms of the protection plan". So, I had to anticipate there would be wearing? We do use the sofa mostly while watching TV but the couch is hardly EVER used and it is wearing where the leather creases on the arm rest. And you state that damage isn't covered but I distinctly remember the salesman showing my dad that even if the dog punctured it (which he didn't) it would be covered.

I have read many other 1-star reviews and this company brags about being in business since 1915 so I can't imagine how many others have been ripped off. I also tried to email their site but that portion returns errors so emails don't go through. If I repair the furniture it will be for sentimental reasons but if I buy new, I will ensure this company has nothing to do with warranties and if it does I will explain to the salesman why I am walking out.

We purchased our first 9 piece dining table set table from Ashley. We had purchased from Rooms to Go in prior years and have always been pleased with the quality given the price point and having young kids at the time. We decided to upgrade our dining room table and pay a little more hearing that Ashley was of better quality. Barbara was very helpful with our purchase. The dining table was beautiful in store and of good quality. The table delivery was scheduled quicker than I anticipated.

During the first delivery, we inspected everything and the chairs looked nice and no defects. Unfortunately, the table top was not flush on the left side where the two center pieces meet. One of the installers was trying to tell me to keep the table, and just have a tech come see if it can be repaired. This is a brand new purchase?? I shouldn't have to have someone come out and make any repairs, so I kept the chairs and sent the table back and waited upon a new table to be delivered a week later. During the first visit my mom had noticed three markings on the side of the table that looked like scratches but we came to a conclusion that it was part of the wood. That is how we identified that the second delivery was the SAME EXACT TABLE! The table still was not flush on the same side.

At this point, the customer service lady said she would have a manager inspect the table before it shipped out. I was going to send it back but decided to give them a third try since I did really love the style of table. THE SAME TABLE DELIVERED TODAY WITH THE SAME THREE MARKINGS ON THE EDGE and not only was the table not flush on top but now one of the table sides was longer than the other. Needless to say, I sent EVERYTHING back and asked for a full refund. I will never buy from them in the future. I will say while the customer service from the first delivery was not pleasant, the second two were very nice and helpful. The phone customer service was very helpful and accommodating as well. I simply was not pleased with the quality control, the fact that they actually thought we were that stupid to realize they sent the same table out 3x and the waste of my of time. Now, we are starting all over someplace different.

I purchased a Power Lift Recliner from Ashley Furniture HomeStore @ 7780 Cicero Ave Burbank, IL 60459 on 2/25/2017 through **. I also purchased the warranty. I called and filed a claim in 3/2017. I sent photos (6 times) and made phone calls (8) trying to get the recliner repaired or replace as ** stated on date of purchase. As of 6/16/2017. No repair, no resolution. Every time I call Ashley Furniture, Customer Care and the Warranty Dept. I am always told, "I will take your name and number and someone will contact you about the issue." No one has ever contacted me. I have always had to do the contacting. I want a full refund. Ashley Furniture HomeStore, Customer Care nor Warranty Dept do not honor their stated and printed merchandise resolutions.

Bought a sofa and chair from Ashley and it was delivered by them. They did not give the option to pick it up. Allowed they them to deliver around the back of my where no one goes. I have mobility issue so I did not follow them and the truck was totally out of view. The delivery seemed professionally done. Two days later I noticed my 13hp 4000psi pressure washer was gone. This a very heavy unit. It was there 3 days prior. After a inspection of the area, I realize the delivery pair had stolen the washer. Informed the store of this twice in person. Once with an assistant manager and later my salesman with the store manager.

Got directions to the warehouse since are they are in charge on the delivery by a third party and went there. Asked to speak to the warehouse manager but the manager was not there on a work day. I was told by the clerk that the manager would call me but never did. Informed corporate but they did nothing. Ashley Furniture is responsible for the theft of my washer off the back of home with use of their lift gate. I have already had my recliner repair only after informing the store twice before informing corporate at which they sent a repair individual. Including my sister complaints, I find this company has no redeeming qualities at all and suggest you look at one of the many other furniture stores without reservations to make your to make a purchase.

We purchased a coffee table and 2 end tables from Ashley which were advertised as concrete tops. When we received them, they were FAKE concrete and damaged with extensive scratches and also the wooden legs were damaged. We waited 5 days for them to get back to us and they will now not return the tables. We spoke to a rep on the phone and they agreed to return them and credit our credit card back minus the 10% restocking fee. 5 minutes later they called and said no. Terrible customer service and will no longer purchase from them. We bought all of our furniture from them in the past and have just moved across the country and are purchasing a complete house worth of furniture. Luckily for us, we will not be purchasing it from Ashley.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1945, Ashley Furniture became an industry leader in 1970 when its first plant opened in Wisconsin. The plant started with 35 employees, and the brand has since grown to include stores in more than 120 countries.

• Convenient locations: With many locations across the country, it's easy to find a showroom near you. Use the store locator tool on the website to get started.
  • Quality tested: Each design from Ashley Furniture undergoes rigorous quality testing for safety, comfort and durability. Take a look at some of the methods used on their website.
  • America's #1 home furniture brand: Ashley Furniture's quality appeals to consumers across various demographics, making it the top selling home furniture brand in the United States according to Homes & Textiles Today with reported revenues in excess of 3.3 billion dollars.
  • Online showroom: The online showroom feature gives you an idea of what to expect at your local store, but it's just a sample and shouldn't be considered a complete inventory.
  • Best for Families, individuals and professionals.

Compare Furniture Stores