1.11/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2788 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

I have not heard back about my first complaint 11/23/2018 and now I'm being told that my second order 12/23/18 has been cancelled by your company as well. This is so disappointing for a company to do this to a customer of more than 20+ years. I gave my bed set away, I’ve been sleeping on the couch since Nov. I have not received a call about neither order. What type of business are are they running? I will be reporting your company to the BBB again.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2019

Bought couch and loveseat in Nov 2017. May 2018 material on couch splitting open. Was told it was because it was punctured. Ask them to show me the hole in it because punctures leave holes. They wanted to charge a hundred dollars to look at it. After 3 months they fixed it. Oct 2018 more splits in material. Took pics call ca group at Ashley furniture. Told me to send pics and serial number. Did so and have not heard one thing back from them. They are rude and liars. I’m at the point I’m not paying one more penny for it and taking the couch to their showroom so consumers can see what sale and refuse to honor their product.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I bought a sofa, loveseat, chair and ottoman for my family room, with the understanding that my old furniture would be taken away by the delivery men. On day of delivery the men removed the old furniture out the door as they set up my new furniture, after all was said and done they left my old furniture. Being newly widowed it was of most importance that they would dispose of my old furniture. I was shopping with my two friend that witness the manager agreeing that the old furniture would be removed. I would have gone elsewhere if I had known they would leave my old furniture in my yard. I called the Linden store to speak to the manager, I was told he was the only manager on the floor and would have to call me back, days later and I'm still waiting. Never again!!

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I'm not sure how this company stays in business with the customer service they have. Delivered bed today and 1) was missing hardware, so they couldn't put it together and 2) was damaged. I talked to a customer service representative that offered to order the hardware, but advised it would take 7-10 business days, maybe longer. They graciously offered me $79 off my invoice, which is what I paid for delivery and assembly. So now my daughter has to sleep on the floor for 2 weeks because we sold her bed. They could care less. When I asked why they couldn't expedite the hardware, they indicated it wasn't their policy. They acted like they were really doing me a favor.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2019

I placed an order for a sectional on November 18th, 2018. I was told it would be delivered January 1st, 2019. I read in my paperwork that I would get a call two days beforehand confirming delivery. I never received a phone call so I called the Ashley Home Store where I purchased my sectional (Fort Smith, AR). I was told there was a delay and that I would need to reschedule. I was also told that the actual store couldn’t reschedule and I would have to call customer care. I did this and they rescheduled for the 19th.

On January 13th I called my local store to see if I was still set for the 19th. They said the delivery dates were full and I would have to reschedule again to the 26th. After about 5 minutes on the phone, the worker told me she was mistaken and it could be delivered the 19th and she would have to go in on the computer and have her manager fix her error. The next day I called to see if the mistake had been fixed and they said they couldn’t find an order for me. Frustrated as hell at this point, I went to my store and asked what was going on. I spoke with the manager and she told me she got it fixed and that I would get my sectional on the 19th but my chaise would be delayed until the 22nd. I was okay with this. I was told I would get a call on the 17th confirming my order. I never received a call.

On January 18th I called my local store again to ask if everything was okay and I was told I would still be getting my couch as scheduled and they asked if I received a phone call confirming my delivery. When I told them I hadn’t, they said I would receive one at the end of the day. I never received a call. So I’m sitting here mad. Wondering if I’m even getting my sectional today on the 19th and I just want some customer support because at this point I’m livid. I sold my couch right before Christmas because I was thinking I’d be set with my couch on New Year’s Day. So at this point I’m almost a month without sitting furniture in my house. I’ve paid $1500 for this and it has been nothing but a headache. I don’t know who to talk to and what to do at this point.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

The sales staff is friendly and helpful but once you order your furniture customer service is completely the opposite. I ordered in November of 2018. Today is January 18, 2019. My complete order is not here. I got partial delivery at the beginning of January as scheduled (dining set), but a bench and placemats were on back order. We were told we’d get them January 12. No delivery, so we called and were told January 18. The bench did come today but no placemats. I called the store to be told that I acknowledged the placemats were on backorder until the end of January/beginning of February. I did not acknowledge or know that the placemats would not arrive today, but I will not choose to purchase from this company ever again and wish I hadn’t already done so the first time.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2019

Rip off and Very dishonest company. I spend $15,000 for Ashley furniture. 3 pieces arrived damaged (chipped, scratched, missing pieces, not closing doors in china cabinet). I filed claim about all issues with pictures of issues and copy of receipt. No respond. Called later. They said that they need serial number on the back or underneath of furniture or they will not repair anything. I looked: It was no sticker with serial number. I guess they removed on purpose prior delivery so they can't be responsible for any issues. Such a ripoff and very dishonest company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

I have purchased two items from Ashley Furniture, a table and a couch. I decided to pick up the table in person. They didn't even have the table ready for pick up until 4 days after the original planned date. Then we ordered a couch in early December. We scheduled a delivery date of mid January. They calls us two days before the delivery date and tell us they changed it to the middle of the next week. Now we get to sit on hold while having no couch for another week.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

We purchased 2 sets of living room furniture on 11-30-17. The set we mainly use is already showing a lot of wear. Cushions on the couch are already bulging out. Our old furniture was over 20 years old and looked better than this piece of junk.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Stay far away from this company. I have no clue how they stay in business. I am still waiting for my couch I purchased back in November... They have offered me a $75 store credit and that is it. Why would I want to come back to a store who lied to me about availability and refuses to try and make this all better. I threw away my old couch the day before they were supposed to deliver and they call me the day of to tell me, "Only 2/3 pieces to your couch are in." Horrible customer service and horrible company culture. Stay away and go to another reputable company.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2019

Salem, Oregon. I purchased a complete living room and dining room set spending a little over $3000. I paid in advance and was told it would be 3-4 weeks for delivery. I received a call on Jan 11 saying my furniture will be delivered on the 15th, and that I need to have my old furniture gone before delivery. I donated my old furniture on the 14th to the local Habitat for Humanity reuse store.

On the 15th I did not receive calls about delivery time so I called the store. They told me that the furniture will not be delivered and it is back ordered for 8 weeks. I told them I wanted a refund and they said I needed to wait till the 16th when a general manager was in. I was told I would receive a call from one. The 16th came and I did not receive a call so I went to the store after I go off work.

They offered me some outlet store 'loaners' till my furniture arrived. When I asked for the earliest delivery date I was told 4 days. I asked for a full refund and am now left with an empty house. To make things worse, we care for my 94-year-old father-in-law who was really looking forward to the new recliner. Now he has to use his walker to sit on.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

The sales people were wonderful. Upon delivery, the table was scratched, and the delivery man who barely spoke a word of English and couldn't communicate well with us, took out a furniture marker and covered up some of the scratches. We were told to call customer service. They acted unprofessionally rude and disrespectful, but after we sent pictures and put in a claim they said they would look into the matter. After waiting a couple of weeks, we contacted them again. Nearly two months went by, and without contacting us, they closed our Claim account. We contacted them again and the customer service lady, who refused to give us a surname or let us speak to a manager, stated it is not their problem and they will neither refund the money nor accept a return. We have been trying to deal with this since moments after delivery. For such cheap quality and poor, unprofessional service, Ashley products are not worth the money.

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We purchased a Chaise couch the middle of December and was promised delivery between Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. They called on the 27th for delivery the following day and I asked for a different day because I would not be home. The Warehouse gave me a day for the following Thursday. I never got a call and when I called they said they had no confirmation that I called. So she scheduled it for Saturday morning. It was a no show again. I called the store and the manager there sounded like she could care less and directed me to the warehouse. The manager there was very nice and said she was refunding our delivery fee and set up another day the following Tuesday. They came to deliver it and there was no hardware to put legs on.

I called and spoke to warehouse manager and told her and she called me a couple hours later and said someone canceled their order and said a tech would be by later. When he came it wasn’t the correct hardware. He came back and again the hardware was wrong. He had to take out insert and replaced them and finally they fit! The whole experience was a total nightmare! I will never order anything from them again!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

In Dec of 2018, I had bought two Console Table. I received items January 15th. The consoles were to go on same wall on opposite sides. One Console did not fit and was also damaged. One side of console was not put together correctly and the other side had knicks in it. When I called to see if they would take the one console back and either refund money or let me pick out something else of equal value, I was told no. Most places have a 90-day return policy or will at least work with you to make you happy. Ashley will not. I have bought a lot of Furniture from Ashley in past. I will never buy from them again. Buyer beware!

Original review: Jan. 16, 2019

We purchased some furniture in the December with guaranteed delivery before the New Year because we planned a party. This was the main reason why we chose this store, since we moved to a brand new house and we needed furniture before the New Year. The delivery date was scheduled on December 27. This day the delivery line was down but I had a chance to get the sales associate and she confirmed that we are on the schedule for this day and the delivery driver will give us a call on their way but no one called us or delivered our furniture that day. By the way, my husband specifically took the day off to meet them.

By the end of the day we called the store again to ask where is our furniture and they said that our delivery changed to January 2!!! No one called us to ask about changing or discuss the date!! We had to talk to a manager, but no one can answer who changed the date and why! They promised to change the date to December 31 and they delivered everything except a dining table, even chairs (it was a set) but not the table. So, we had to cancel our New Year party because of that!!! And now it is January 15 and we still do not have our table and they cannot give us a date when it will be delivered! I'm very disappointed with their customer and delivery services!

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Do not purchase anything from this company. When my bedroom set was being delivered the driver made me feel very uncomfortable and I feared for my safety. He asked to use the bathroom and disappeared. Once he left I noticed he had stolen a significant amount of money directly from my purse. The store has done nothing to reconcile or compensate me. They have defended the driver. Police report filed.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2019

Bought a living room set from Ashley Furniture and the salesman sold us the warranty package telling us every repairs and cleaning is included. In less than two years the cushions were all in awful shape although we don't have any kid at home to overuse the cushions. When called their customer services and asked for warranty, they said it was only good for a year. They lie to sell stuff. Do not buy any living room set from them. The quality is = 0. And Worst Customer Service ever!

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Nice furniture. We paid too much but we should of known better dealing with an old fashion commission based furniture store. 4 attempts to deliver it including 2 no calls, no shows. 3rd one the delivery guys showed up without our stuff on the truck! Looked at each other and blamed each other for the mess up standing in my driveway.

Our way overpriced Tempur-Pedic mattress is worse than our 18-year-old bed we gave away. We put in a claim to change mattresses within the 90 days. We then went back to the store to pick out a different Tempur-Pedic mattress. The salesmen, same one as our original purchase said it was going to be an additional $3000.00 to get the different mattress. Sad because we paid over $5000.00 already on the one that is worse than the floor. Not to mention the most expensive Tempur-Pedic on Amazon Prime is less than $4000.00. So now we have a crappy overpriced bed with a cheap foam mattress topper on it just so we can sleep. No follow up, no after sale. Did nothing to try and make things right. Save your time and money and use the internet.

Original review: Jan. 14, 2019

Do not deal with this company. It has been the worst customer experience of my life including dealing with Comcast. The logistics of getting the furniture I have ordered has turned into 4 different delivery dates, damaged furniture, discontinued furniture 2 months after I ordered, and approximately 14 phone calls to deal with it all. Absolute nightmare to deal with. It is a shame because they have nice furniture at a decent price in their stores.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I purchased a chair and a couch on 11/25/18 and when they called to confirm the delivery date of 12/21/18 - only the chair came. The couch was on "back order" per the delivery people. When I called in to customer service they said they had the couch in stock and didn't know what the mix up was. Regardless, their story did not make sense. Since I was hosting Christmas, I was ready to have my furniture, so when I called to schedule a delivery time the new delivery date was not until AFTER Christmas!

I hosted Christmas and I had to have my guests sit on the floor because of this "mix up" that supposedly they said there was nothing they could do about it. I was then promised a $100 credit on my account that would post in 7 days. When I reviewed my bill, there was no credit as promised. TYPICAL! Even a $100 credit doesn't make up for any of these "mistakes". It is truly an embarrassment that this company is so full of "he said, she said." Deliver your products the way you promised and when. Do what you say you are going to do! Also, when you try to call in to customer service - be prepared to be on hold for 30 minutes and be passed off from representative to representative and re-explain yourself! BEWARE to potential buyers.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2019

I am incredibly frustrated with the entire experience I've had trying to get my order. I originally placed the order at the end of November with delivery December 9th. I was told the delivery driver would call me half an hour before delivery. I got a text message not even 10 minutes before they were at my house while I was in the shower and they pulled into my drive just as I got out which made me very uncomfortable. When your representatives got to my house they were in such a hurry that they forced me to sign for the bed frame even though it was damaged. They took pictures of it and told me to "just sign for it and someone can replace it or fix it. They will call you in 5 minutes." They also left a ton of styrofoam pieces all over my bedroom.

No one ever called me so I called on the 11th. The representative understood that I was annoyed and after going back and forth with me about only being able to send out a technician to fix a brand new bed I had just purchased she agreed to replace my headboard. She said someone would call me to set up an exchange date. No one called again and then I got an email saying that it was set for the 18th. That day did not work for my schedule so I responded to the email saying it wouldn't work like I was informed I could do. No one responded so I called on the 18th to say that date wouldn't work for me. That representative told me that I wasn't even actually scheduled that day and we set a delivery date for December 23rd. That day came and went and I received no delivery or phone calls.

I called a few days later due to the holidays and the representative set up an exchange date for January 4th. I asked the representative to make a note to the driver to call half an hour before like they are supposed to since I did not get that courtesy the first time and I had other appointments that day. The drivers never called and just showed up, took my bed apart and loaded the headboard onto the truck and when they brought out the new one it had all the same damage as the first so I rejected that delivery. The driver told me his boss would call me in 10 minutes. No one called until two days later to set up a new exchange and I missed that call so I had to call back.

Every time I've had to call I've had to wait 17 minutes to 35 minutes on hold for someone to answer, twice I had to be transferred to ashcom, I was hung up on one of the transfers so I had to call again and wait on hold. Today when I called to confirm my delivery I was hung up on three times after waiting an average of 12 minutes until I finally got someone to answer. I again asked her to leave a note in my delivery that to get a courtesy call so we will see if that happens. I am so incredibly dissatisfied with your company and I feel like my situation needs to be made right.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

To summarize everything the demo product and the feature of the product that they showed us (Ashley Furniture in Route 46 New Jersey) is not what we get on the delivery and to found out that they have NO RETURN NO EXCHANGE policy in which they didnt made us aware. It's ok if it's just a small purchase but it's a big amount purchase and now I have to deal with my Tempur Pedic product that missing feature that I want. I should have bought it straight to Tempur Pedic store. So I encouraged my 3 friends who just recently bought a house who's planning to buy furniture in Ashley including me who's soon to be a house owner.

Original review: Jan. 11, 2019

Terrible customer service, check the website before you buy anything. They overcharge at the "Homestore", then they don't honor their price on the Ashley Furniture website. They will only honor their website price if you can get a picture of the sale priced furniture in your cart. The website won’t let you do it, so you can cancel and pay a 10% restocking fee or pay the higher than advertised price. I purchased the Dorsten sofas in Edwardsville, priced at $569 in the store and $399 on the website. I went in to the store and figured it was just a error, the customer service person looked it up and said they would make the adjustment, then they called and said they could only make the adjustment if I can get the couches in my cart and take a picture of it. I could somewhat understand if it was an online competitor, but it is the actual Ashley Furniture website. To make matters worse, the couches that are in the store come have a 6 week delivery date.

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

Bought a glass insert dining table from Ashley and a liquid spilled on the glass top which was immediately wiped up. Within a week the wood started warping along the glass side and took photos into the store. Was told we would have to drive the table 1.5 hours south of us to the warehouse for them to look at it or pay $50 for them to come to us. Their representative stated that it shouldn’t happen with a dining table and took further pictures. Received a phone call from them this morning that their warranty does not cover spills. This could have been prevented if during the manufacturing process they would have put a silicone seal around the wood prior to gluing down the glass insert. As a result we are stuck with a warped $800 table because you know that a dining table should never have any spills. Poorly manufactured furniture and worse customer service than I have ever experienced. LET THE BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: Jan. 10, 2019

I brought the North Shore Canopy Bed on 12/12/18. Was told delivery would be the week of the 20th. I called on the 19th to find out my delivery would be after Christmas. I went to the store to find out the bed was ready but the sofa was on back order. They didn’t want to make two deliveries. On top of that the salesman made a mistake with the financing not charging me enough and they wanted me to pay for his mistake. The store manager told me she was not going to charge me for his mistake which was great. Scheduled my new delivery for 12/27/18.

Delivery day the guys come in saying the bed won’t fit. I assured them that it would. I have done my research. I was asked to take down the ceiling fan which I said I would and I was told good because they didn’t have enough time to do it. I never asked him to take it down but OK. When they brought up the bed I noticed numerous scratches and damage to which I call my salesman and the customer service team. I took photos of the pictures to have as evidence. I noticed the guys were having trouble with the bed. So I asked her, "Do you have a put up a bed like this before," to which they said no. Again I got on the phone to make phone calls and send text messages about my concerns. I was showing them what needed to be done. When they finally figured it out I I told them the bed need to be put on the wall but I needed enough room to open closet door to which I was told that’s no concern of his.

I asked if they realize I was the customer and asked for their names and their supervisor's name which they refused. They would talk in between English and Spanish. I finally was able to get a customer service person on the phone who told me they would get Dispatch to call me about my concerns. I heard the drill as if it was stripping the screwed head and I told me to be careful because the bed would come down at some point in time.

The delivery helper asked me to leave the room. I told him I wasn’t leaving because this was my bed and I needed to know what they were doing because they were having problems since this started. He made a derogatory comment to me in Spanish not thinking I knew some Spanish. I told him this was my freaking house and I wasn’t leaving and would be where I wanted in my home. He asked if I called him a Mother Trucker which I repeated what I said. He left out of the room claiming to call the police. I invited him to do so. Dispatch man called and apologized and asked if they could finish. Which they did, mistake on my part. Customer service got pictures and planned to send someone over to fix the issue.

I went to the store and told about the delivery problem and the disrespect. A report was taken and I wrote out a document to go along with the experience. I got a call from the Director of customer service which was the worse. She basically told me it was a third party delivery service and too bad for my luck. She wouldn’t take responsibility for the company they hired and my experience was not a big deal to them. I filed a complaint with BBB.

In the meantime Ashley Furniture agreed to come and take down the bed and delivery a new one. I received a voicemail saying the bed was ready, to call and schedule a pickup and delivery date, great. However when I called I was told it was a mistake. The new bed was not ready. I requested them to come get the bed and refund my account. I will go somewhere else. Waiting to hear from them. I will never buy anything from them again nor recommend them to anyone. Wish I had read the reviews prior to buying. Most unprofessional and worse customer service I have ever encountered.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I purchased a Tempur-Pedic mattress from Ashley Furniture store in Secaucus New Jersey and was delivered on 12/18:2018. Since my kid had an allergic reaction to the mattress I have been calling customer care to pick up the mattress and refund since it is within 30 days. Tempur-Pedic itself refunds full amount within 90 days with no questions asked. Ashley Furniture made me call the store, misdirected me and asked me to call Tempur-Pedic directly and has been the worst experience.

Their customer care professional hung up on me and said they cannot help me and said, "Please discard your mattress." I don’t expect customer care to make such frivolous statements when I am telling them that my kid is having a reaction. She also Asked me why it took me 2 weeks to figure this out and I said it took me several rounds to the doctor to be able to even find out that it’s the mattress causing the issue. I now have a situation and it’s the worst customer care not willing to hear me out.

Original review: Jan. 9, 2019

I bought a full house furniture and paid close to 20K and paid to expanded protection warranty, first they are good in selling their furniture to you. No doubt. But once you pay money they starts the game, they delivered the dining table with defect and at the same day of delivery they noticed the defect. They sent somebody to take a pictures and did not hear from them. So I called and they said the pictures got lost so they will send another one. And they did and again did not hear from them. Anyway since I have a protection plan and paid got that.

I contacted them regarding different defective parts and again the game starts. You call to someone and they tell you will call you back. And they never do and back and forth. Try to get you tired and to give up so they keep your money in their pockets, it’s a warning. I did this mistake once and I will never buy any piece from them. I would rather pay extra and buy from a company that they know what are they doing and they are not cheap, now after I saw how many complains against Ashley I wish if I saw that before putting my feet inside their store. An advice Save your money and go somewhere else.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

The sales was super attentive to making the sale of a TEMPUR-PEDIC BREEZE MATTRESS. I bought the best mattress and base because I felt it would last for a long time. After getting the bed set up at home I proceeded to register the purchase with TEMPUR-PEDIC. I needed the serial number from the mattress. In the literature it explained the tag with the numbers was on the upper left corner. Looked at the upper left corner and no tag. A tag was in the middle and one was on the right. Entering each number was not accepted by the computer upon entering into the registration. Called sales agent to get assistance in location of tag. Three times and no return call. Finally located tag on bottom right. New Year's Eve my bed ceased to work. It wouldn't go up or down of vibrate. I called the next am to the service dept.

I wanted to get on the list of service calls. I didn't get a return call for 5 days. In the meantime I called the Tempur-Pedic national number and they walked me through resetting the controller which took 5 minutes. Problem solved. The service from Ashley Homestore in Fort Wayne was nonexistent! Calling the manager the next couple of days he blamed it on the holidays. Except the base has a component not attached and I discussed that with the mngr. He said service would come out a attach the part. It's been over a week and I haven't heard anything from Ashley Homestore in Fort Wayne, Indiana. I love my mattress. It is absolutely great. If you want one order it off the internet. I abhor the customer service of the Ashley Homestore in Fort Wayne.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

Ordered a bedroom set that they had to deliver on two separate occasions because of back order. Bed came first with foot completely damaged, obviously not checked at all before delivering or damaged en route. They delivered the second piece with a replacement from the bed foot, but now the dresser arrived damaged. Was told we would get a replacement in 3 weeks. Instead they sent a technician who arrived with a drill in hand. He took one look at the dresser and told us what we already obviously knew, that the drawers were all warped. Thanks... We can see that with our own eyes. Then told it would take 2-3 weeks to replace the damaged drawers.

Called the service centre and made a complaint. A manager there put notes on the ticket and stated they would not replace the unit as it was repairable. I don't recall the salesperson telling me I was buying damaged goods that would have to be repaired upon arrival. Am now being told that the parts have not even been ordered and will take up to 4 weeks to arrive and will take 5 hours to repair. Basically they are telling me there is nothing they WILL do for me and I just have to eat it. I am considering returning the entire order however they will not refund the delivery fee which was substantial. I will never shop Ashley Furniture again. They are absolutely amateur in their products and customer service.

Original review: Jan. 8, 2019

We purchased a recliner with a 'lift motor' for our father in 2016. He was 88 then, and now he is 90. The handheld controller broke and we spent 2-3 days trying to arrange a replacement. Finally, ordered one and it will be 2-3 weeks before it gets in. I was just told these chairs are NOT certified as 'medical chairs'. Ergo, our 90 year old father will have to risk falling or be helped up for the next 2-3 weeks, or until the replacement controller arrives. We won't buy another Ashley lift chair.

Ashley Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A large selection of affordable quality designs. Shop online or in one of their 600 stores across the United States.

• High-tech fabrics: Durapella® and Duraplush™ are made from durable and stain-resistant polyester suede.

• Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty on frames, varying warranties on cushions, springs, sleeper mechanisms, leather and upholstery.

• Shipping: Standard shipping and in-home delivery options.

• Returns: Eligible items may be returned if unused and with original parts and accessories.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs