2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.24/5

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

BOTTOM LINE

Ashley Furniture sells affordable furniture available in varying colors, styles and materials. Consumers like its price-matching program, discounts and variety.

PROS

• Price matching
  • Large variety
  • Affordable
  • Room Builder tool

CONS

• Short return period
  • Pay for assembly

Top Ashley Furniture Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

… very professional and helpful. Highly recommend. They both showed us various choices and made our decision very easy. Chris met us as soon as we came in the door and answered all our questions and then some. Joe was always very courteous.

My Sales rep Ms. J. determined the type of mattress suited for my body and health needs via technology … Ms. J. was able to locate and have the mattress delivered the next day! ... It could have been a stressful process, but thanks to her experience, knowledge and commitment to excellence it wasn’t.

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

About Ashley Furniture

At Ashley Furniture, shoppers can find furniture ranging from entryway benches to duvets and pillow shams to outdoor fire pits. Many products are available in a variety of colors and textures. Online, customers can use the Room Builder tool to visualize how selected furniture will fit in a space. Ashley Furniture features the following departments:

• Living room
    • Home decor
    • Rugs
    • Lighting

Ashley Furniture prices

Ashley Furniture is known for its economical pricing and is popular for its frequent discounts. The price of Ashley Furniture products varies based on the selected product and its delivery and assembly method. In-store and online shoppers can choose regular doorstep delivery or premium delivery, which includes furniture assembly. For online shoppers, the company offers free shipping on thousands of items.

The company has a price-matching program for identical products with lower prices from six major retailers, though some restrictions apply. Ashley Furniture also has a price adjustment guarantee that allows price adjustments up to 30 days after a qualifying purchase.

Shoppers can apply for special financing from the company’s finance partners with approved credit. Terms range from six months to 72 months. Exclusions and restrictions may apply.

Ashley Furniture FAQ

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?
    Ashley Furniture is designed for budget-conscious customers and offers reasonable quality at an affordable price.
    Does Ashley Furniture give discounts?
    Yes, Ashley Furniture gives discounts in-store and online. The company offers discounts around certain holidays, and you can often find discount codes to use for online purchases. The company’s website occasionally offers deals that do not require a discount code.
    Does Ashley Furniture give refunds?
    Products can be returned within 30 days with the purchase receipt. Defective items are replaced.
    Is Ashley Furniture real wood?
    Ashley Furniture pieces are made with engineered wood, a product that contains cellulose fibers and synthetic resin. The engineered wood is stable, millable and durable and takes paint well. Engineered wood is flat, smooth and dense and resists warping, cracking and splitting.

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?

Ashley Furniture sells durable, stylish and affordable furniture for people's homes, outdoor spaces and offices. The company doesn’t use solid wood on many of its furnishings, but the engineered wood product the company does use is eco-friendly and can withstand normal wear and tear. We recommend Ashley Furniture for its wide selection of materials and designs, affordability and price-match guarantee.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: July 14, 2020

My mother and I went to the Colton, Ca location to look for a sofa sleeper. She bought the perfect piece to match her house decor. Three days later, we went to go pick it up. We were informed by one of the sale associates, that there was a mix up at the warehouse and her “perfect piece” was sold. Nevertheless, we were extremely disappointed and ask to speak to a manager. After talking with Mr. Hector **, not only did he calm what could had been a volatile situation, but he agree to resolve the situation by replacing my mother’s “perfect piece” with a better one. Overall, he and Mr. ** (Sales Associate), went out of their way to make sure that my mother and I was satisfy. Thank you, Mr. Hector ** and your team, for make a bad situation better.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I am a big fan of your company and for the most part, have had great interactions with your representatives. I purchased several items through your Milpitas store and I will continue to be a loyal customer because of Sohndre ** from your customer care team. I have been sleeping poorly since my headboard fell apart. The bottom of the furniture complete collapse and parts of it snapped. I am lucky that so far no one has gotten hurt. I have been trying to resolve the issue for the past month by calling into your customer service line.

We purchased the headboard about mid-December, it has only been a month or so before the item complete broke apart and collapsed. I have been given the run around by 3 different representatives, one whom did actually lie to me several times over the phone. I honestly was about to give up on your company and share in detail my experience with the representatives and I have not had a company just completely lie straight to my face before. However, I thought I would give it one more try. I am so glad that I did! I was so lucky Sohndre ** was the one to answer my call.

She was very understanding, patient, and went above and beyond to assist me. She of course, had to look into the case and review the pictures for herself, came to a determination and reached out to make sure that I would not receive a bounce back message and have my case auto-close once again. On top of that, she did more research and reached out to the parts department to assist me with a resolution!!! AMAZING customer service!!! Not only did she hear my issue, she made sure to do her job, and then she reached out to different departments of your company to ensure that my case would be handled correctly! All the meanwhile, she thanked me for my patience and understanding!!

I was completely blown away because this is NOT what I have experienced before! Thank you Sohndre **, because of your hard work and dedication to assist your customers the right way, I will hopefully continue to be a loyal customer. My order is now pending review to see if they will approve the orders, so that I CAN PUT the parts together and FIX my bed finally!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

My husband and I went to the Baton Rouge location to look at the mattresses. We were greeted by Nicholas once we were in that department. He was very professional and knowledgeable about every brand: from the memory foams and pillow tops to the coils/foam on the hybrids. We were telling him our preferences and what we currently were sleeping on. He told us about all the various mattresses available and explained what they were made of (foam/coils/etc.) and what they do for your body. He was so knowledgeable and friendly that I knew in my heart I wanted to BUY my mattress from HIM on that day! He never once pressured us into buying!

His goal was to explain to us all about the mattresses we were inquiring about. He was also intuitive to figure out that my husband and I did not like the SAME mattresses. He then went a step further to explain that we could actually buy two different TWIN XL mattresses to make a KING size mattress. He then made sure to check the inventory on the particular ones we were looking at to make sure they did come in the XL size. He was so awesome -- I believe he "saved" my marriage by explaining to us that we could SPLIT the bed!! Nicholas is truly a Miracle Worker!! So, if you need a mattress - please go to the new Baton Rouge, LA location and request NICHOLAS **!! YOU WILL HAVE A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE!!

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I bought $1,455 worth of furniture from Ashley. After going online to look for the dimensions I noticed that the total cost for the same product on the site was $1,070 (-$385) less than I just paid in the store. I called back to the store and they matched my price after a bit of discussion. Based on the 100% terms on my receipt I would've just canceled if they didn't. It's odd how the online store could undercut the stores this way. That's just bad business. Overall I'm happy they matched so I didn't have to order it again online. If I ordered online one thing I liked was they offered 18 mo financing where the store would only do 12 or 24, and the multi-year would have a lesser discount % so I would've paid even more. Not sure if they were fleecing me straight up, or if it was some sort of computer issue. The rep 'refreshed' the inventory data right before we ordered...

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

If you're in a brick and mortar Ashley Furniture store shopping, make sure you get the stock number and check the online price at www.ashleyfurniture.com before you buy; the prices may not match. I was fortunate enough to have a store with a general manager/owner good enough to refund me the full price which they could not match and also did not hit me with the 15% restocking fee, but your mileage may vary.

To be clear, I'm not talking about a couple bucks either. In my, possibly unique case, the increase from online to brick and mortar was just over 52% more before tax and excluding the local delivery charge. Contextually, that's $320.99 + tax with free shipping online vs. $489.99 + tax + $50 local delivery charge in the store. In general, like Ashley Furniture stores and because my local store owner was so fair, they have certainly earned my future business. I make this review to hopefully stop someone else from having to make unnecessary additional trips to a local furniture store like I did.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

THE ONGOING SAGA May 25/20 – Went to Ashley Furniture selected, ordered and paid for two love seats and an upholstered chair, the Lawthorn style. Was told we should receive the furniture by the beginning of July. Beginning of July I called in to Ashley to find out where my furniture is: was told that it would not arrive until the end of August. Their reason: It has to go into quarantine for 14 days on that side of the border and then another 14 days this side of the border. Approximately two weeks later I called Ashley again because I wanted to be sure the furniture was still on schedule. Now I’m told: the furniture has not started being made because they don’t have enough fabric. Needless to say I lost it.

I went into the store and demanded to see the manager. The manager was not in and had to deal with the Assistant Manager. I was angry and he said he would send in a ticket to find out what was going on. Told me someone would get back to me in 24 – 48 hours. Needless to say I was calling them 48 hours later and still receiving no satisfaction. I spoke with a female and told her I was tired of all the lies. She told me that maybe the last person didn’t actually look things up and told me whatever. I told her that if you’re making up stories, then it is lies. I did finally get to talk to the manager, he said that he would send in a ticket and would get back to me by late Tuesday afternoon. The manager got back to me and said that my furniture would be in by mid September to the end of September. He would also get me 10% back on my credit card when the furniture came in. I asked him to put that in writing and he did, I have the email letter on my computer.

End of September I call in to Ashley again to ask where my furniture is. This time I am told it would be in by mid October. Alright I’m putting up with the date change. October 16/20 - I call Ashley to find out when my furniture will be in. I’m told that it won’t be here until the end of December and I lost it again. The girl, told me that she will get back to me by Monday 6 PM, and would be able to have a better answer for me.

Original review: Oct. 20, 2020

I placed an order and then went to the store to cancel it. Though I read the terms and conditions (superficially) and knew that I need to cancel the order before 48hours. But during placing the order, the salesman told me, "You can cancel the order anytime before the delivery." What he didn’t mention was, "You’ll be charged for penalty."

So, when I went to cancel my order (which was placed in less than 48hours), the very first thing the salesman told me is, "You’ll be charged for penalty," and unless I knew about the 48hours duration, I would have panicked. But luckily I knew and told him that, "It’s less than 48hours so penalty for what??" I guess, this was to scare me away (for not cancelling the order).

Secondly, I was given a FREE cleaning kit for the order I had placed. I opened it to check what did they gave. And since it was a free and complementary gift, I still brought it with me to return it. When everything was done, that is my order was canceled, and I got my money back, in good gesture, I handed over the complementary kit back. And guess what, they charged me $100 for that (opening it). I argued saying, you didn’t even ask for the gift back, and for honest gesture, I returned it, and you guys are charging me $100 something bucks isn’t fair, they said, since you opened it, you gotta pay.

So without anything buying, they actually charged me $100 bucks (which they mentioned is a free gift). So disappointed and angry with the way they treated us. The time you go to buy, they are all goody goody. And due to some circumstances, you change your mind and cancel the order, they will try to get every last dollar they can get from you by being mean and cruel. I would never ever trust this brand “ever again”. And would rather go to BRICKS, who at least tell you and explain it to you what will be the charges (just in case), before placing an order. Clarity and transparency is BIG TIME MISSING and that is of utmost importance for customer service and care.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

HORRIBLE SERVICE. We bought our couch in the beginning of September. They said they would call us and let us know the delivery date (should be within a couple weeks). WE had to call; no one called us. The lady was extremely unpleasant on the phone and said we'd get it on October 20. Well, now it's October 19 and my husband call to confirm they are indeed coming tomorrow. Now they said it will be here December 13!!! Unbelievable! This is a terrible company. Why would we buy a couch and wait 3 months for it? That's ridiculous. We will not buy from them again and we will tell all our friends and family not to either. We understand these are difficult times, but be clear; not deceptive. BTW I have never written a bad review anywhere, but this was a MUST.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2020

I wish I could rate Ashley Furniture as Zero but I have to select one! On Saturday I went to Ashley Home Furniture in Warwick Rhode Island in search of a loveseat. The salesgirl' "Ms. M." seemed very knowledgeable and friendly. She happily showed my mother and I around the store. During which time I asked her multiple times about their delivery program to Connecticut.

Next day, I bring my husband back to Rhode Island (from CT) to show him the item. He asked her multiple times about their delivery program. To which he receives a simple yes, we deliver to CT. - Evasive much? We are all agreed on product. Go to pay... She proceeds to tell us that "IF you want the "Platinum delivery package, that will be an additional $250+ - that includes delivery, set-up, and removal of any packaging. For $199 we will deliver it to you - BUT NO SET UP.

This woman wasted an entire weekend of my time because she was not forthcoming when asked multiple times by myself on Saturday and my husband again on Sunday about their delivery program. I MIGHT have been able to live with the $250+ charge of delivery had she had the courtesy of being up-front and honest. Instead all I got from her were lies, evasiveness, more lies. She lost a $2,000.00+ sale and any future sales. I will tell anyone and everyone that they should beware - even if you ask questions, you will receive a very different answer at checkout.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2020

I purchased over $10,000 of furniture and got a warranty on the living room set. Our sofas were barely used since that room is not commonly used by the family. While under the warranty I called to see if they can fix the padding in the seat cushions and fix the sound of the wood creaking everytime someone would sit or get up from the sofa. A new sofa should not have this issue. The warranty doesn't cover the frame or cushion padding. I'm not happy that Ashley Furniture is unable to help me out. We bought furniture from them multiple times. The salesman told me, "Get the warranty. It will cover any damage and they will come fix the cushions if needed". I will keep this mind the next time I purchase furniture!!

Ashley Furniture Company Information