3.4/5 (2003 ratings)

About Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

Pros

• Price matching
  • Large variety
  • Affordable
  • Room Builder tool

Cons

• Short return period
  • Pay for assembly

Bottom Line

Ashley Furniture sells affordable furniture available in varying colors, styles and materials. Consumers like its price-matching program, discounts and variety.

Top Ashley Furniture Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… very professional and helpful. Highly recommend. They both showed us various choices and made our decision very easy. Chris met us as soon as we came in the door and answered al...

Verified

My Sales rep Ms. J. determined the type of mattress suited for my body and health needs via technology … Ms. J. was able to locate and have the mattress delivered the next day! .....

About Ashley Furniture

At Ashley Furniture, shoppers can find furniture ranging from entryway benches to duvets and pillow shams to outdoor fire pits. Many products are available in a variety of colors and textures. Online, customers can use the Room Builder tool to visualize how selected furniture will fit in a space. Ashley Furniture features the following departments:

• Living room
  • Home decor
  • Rugs
  • Lighting

Ashley Furniture prices

Ashley Furniture is known for its economical pricing and is popular for its frequent discounts. The price of Ashley Furniture products varies based on the selected product and its delivery and assembly method. In-store and online shoppers can choose regular doorstep delivery or premium delivery, which includes furniture assembly. For online shoppers, the company offers free shipping on thousands of items.

The company has a price-matching program for identical products with lower prices from six major retailers, though some restrictions apply. Ashley Furniture also has a price adjustment guarantee that allows price adjustments up to 30 days after a qualifying purchase.

Shoppers can apply for special financing from the company’s finance partners with approved credit. Terms range from six months to 72 months. Exclusions and restrictions may apply.

Ashley Furniture FAQ

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?
Ashley Furniture is designed for budget-conscious customers and offers reasonable quality at an affordable price.
Does Ashley Furniture give discounts?
Yes, Ashley Furniture gives discounts in-store and online. The company offers discounts around certain holidays, and you can often find discount codes to use for online purchases. The company’s website occasionally offers deals that do not require a discount code.
Does Ashley Furniture give refunds?
Products can be returned within 30 days with the purchase receipt. Defective items are replaced.
Is Ashley Furniture real wood?
Ashley Furniture pieces are made with engineered wood, a product that contains cellulose fibers and synthetic resin. The engineered wood is stable, millable and durable and takes paint well. Engineered wood is flat, smooth and dense and resists warping, cracking and splitting.

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?

Ashley Furniture sells durable, stylish and affordable furniture for people's homes, outdoor spaces and offices. The company doesn’t use solid wood on many of its furnishings, but the engineered wood product the company does use is eco-friendly and can withstand normal wear and tear. We recommend Ashley Furniture for its wide selection of materials and designs, affordability and price-match guarantee.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Oct. 15, 2022

My wife and I would like to extend our thanks to the excellent service and support of RJ our sales person at the Glendale, AZ and Bell Rd location. RJ greeted us at the door and was able to help us find specialty power recliners and he showed us the new zero gravity chairs that are great for necks and backs. In addition, we wanted a couch and a rug and RJ located everything we needed. There was a problem with the prices on the furniture and on the terms of sale. The store Manager, Kevin, came over to sort out the price tag issue and the terms of sale. We were not going to stay and buy; however, Kevin said, "I will give you a deal to keep us happy and complete the sale." We have never been taken care of by a furniture store so well like this in our life. If you need furniture, go see RJ at Bell Rd in Glendale and you will have a very enjoyable experience.

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I would like to thank Robert and Homie at the Ashley Furniture Store in Altamonte Springs, FL for making things right. I was notified for the 4th time by their customer service that my delivery of 2 chairs was again delayed. I spoke with the associate Homie and told her that the customer service woman suggested that the store could possibly give me a break on the charges because of the extended delivery delay. I sent her all the information and was told that her manager, Robert, was refunding funds to my charge card for the delay. I want to thank both of them for being so nice about this, and the refund and it was very appreciated. They really came thru for me.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

From entering the store and choosing our furniture to the delivery it has been super experience. Our salesman (Hugh) was very helpful without being high pressured. He gave us great information and was very pleasant to deal with. The delivery process was smooth and they were great letting us know our furniture was in and ready for delivery. Setting up a date for delivery was easy. They were excellent on updating times as delivery was near. Delivery people were professional and very quick with set up. So happy with the quality and the process. Thank you Ashley. Would not hesitate to shop with you again for future needs.

Original review: Jan. 12, 2022

First - thank you to Paul ** who spent so much time helping us in the right way. He was amazing - no pressure, answered questions and was incredibly honest in discussing everything with us. He gave us time to talk w/o looking at his watch!! NO PRESSURE. Second - thank you to Pete, one of the owners who amazed me at his interest in making sure we were satisfied customers. Highly impressed that he took time to stop and speak with us. That spoke volumes to both of us. We are Ashley shoppers for 2 reasons - quality and trust. Both proved very true in our dealings. We will see you again Paul and again, thank you. Dan & Betty

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

It took me a whole year to pick the right sofa for our living room. First, I wanted a blue sectional sleeping bed sofa but I didn't like the quality. Then this one day my son and I did another walked through the furniture store with me then voila! We found an Ashley beige sectional sofa with silver studs on the left side arm rest and decor silver studs on lower part of the sofa. It has a high back with connected pillow backing and the store threw in the pillows for accent accessories. Very plushed backing for the back and head. My favorite seat is the middle. It makes me feel comfy! My daughter and I fight over the space when she comes over. I enjoy it! Beige is it since the children are gone. Oops did I say that? Thank you Ashley! Now here comes the grand. No drinks or food allowed.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2022

Upon walking into the Sandusky Ohio location we were greeted by a woman asking what we needed help with. We told her we were interested in mattresses. I asked her whether she was knowledgeable and she said if she didn't have answers she would find someone who could assist better. She pointed us in the direction and said she would be right there. She never showed. Someone soon came along as we were about to leave. He was a manager. Told him what we wanted and he showed us exactly what we needed. He then passed the sale onto an associate, that was apparently new (we didn't mind as everyone needs to learn).

We applied for the credit and were approved. Upon going for the paperwork, we were told the tax and delivery fees were to be paid today. It would have been nice to know that ahead of time. We would have left at that point but we were approved for their credit so we had little choice. We suggested they speak to a manager to override that and put the total amount on the new credit card. With much displeasure, they did agree to it. No one apologized for the misunderstanding, which would be the least they could have done. I felt bad for the new associate since he was dealing with all this when I felt a manager should have returned to speak with us. We won't be back.

Original review: Nov. 26, 2022

Over Labor Day weekend with the big sale going on I purchased 4 bedroom sets for my new home. Delivery was scheduled for mid-October. When delivery day came they brought the items but 3 of the 4 beds were missing the slats. They were all to be platform beds. The 4th bed had a damaged footboard. We went to the store. They made the delivery appointment request to get those to us. When the delivery man showed up 2 weeks later though the slats he brought weren’t the correct ones, so a new delivery date had to be arranged again. He blamed the warehouse and said he was a 3rd party. No replacement footboard was brought either.

Called and spoke with the store again. They apologized and said they would credit me $150 for my account per the Store Manager but I have yet to see that reflected. They then scheduled me for a 3rd delivery on the 23rd of November (yeah, it’s been ongoing). Lo and behold though when the delivery man came he again said it wasn’t the right slat pieces and this was the same guy who came last time and took pictures too. A note on the delivery personnel - they need to send people who speak English and I shouldn’t scramble to find an interpreter. Also that driver forged my signature on his paperwork. I didn’t sign anything and then got an email saying I did. Not acceptable at all.

The footboard he brought with him to replace out was also damaged too. Now after all this time I still have a damaged footboard and 3 of the 4 beds don’t have the slats. I don’t understand why this is so difficult to resolve? I called the store left a message, sent a email to customer care, spoke with someone from the store who said to call customer care, and again called and left a message on the customer care voicemail. I just want this resolved and to receive proper compensation for all this ineptitude and aggravation. My order was not a complicated order to fill. Not happy with Ashley’s and will do business elsewhere in the future.

Original review: Nov. 25, 2022

Contacted Ashley Home Stores for Price Matching (which they claim to do). Was told they wouldn’t price match Amazon price because the item wasn’t in stock even though it clearly showed it was. Cited delivery date as reason it was not in stock. They can’t deliver it the same day!! What are you even talking about?? When I pointed it out they disconnected with me! There are way more places to shop and I suggest you do!

Original review: Nov. 22, 2022

I bought a kitchen table and tried to air the chemical smell out. It’s been 2 weeks. The smell is not gone and has made my family sick. They want to charge me a restocking fee for their mistake of spraying the table with too much chemicals. It’s been a terrible experience and the customer service agent was not helpful.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2022

A word of warning: DO NOT buy anything from Ashley! We have experienced the biggest headache dealing with Ashley just to get a dining table and chairs delivered. We had to pay full price up front, then EIGHT MONTHS later a partial order shows up. But they DROPPED the table coming off the truck and broke it. The chairs that came were wobbly and scratched. We paid $190 for “white glove” delivery where they would set everything up, but the delivery guys refused to do anything and left the broken table in the box on our floor. Two weeks later there was supposed to be an exchange for all of it, but only 2 chairs showed up.

Now two more weeks later we finally get the broken table and scratched, wobbly chairs taken away. The new table and chairs took NINE months to deliver. After NUMEROUS trips to the local store and MULTIPLE phone calls to the regional office, I have determined (1) Customer Service is virtually non-existent with Ashley (they couldn’t care less about you; they have your money), (2) the local store is a SHOW ROOM only (they know nothing beyond their four walls, and (3) the whole Ashley system is grossly inefficient. I don’t know how they have avoided bankruptcy. If you are reading this and work for Ashley, I advise you to go get a different job with a better company.

Ashley Furniture Company Information