2.97/5
Based on 2,242 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture Reviews

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My dresser & chest arrived and it wasn't perfect. The drawers were put in incorrectly, one track didn't roll smoothly & there seemed to be some kind of small split in the bottom right hand corner. But I'm impressed. I called them expecting a hassle about my overall unhappiness with the condition of my dresser & chest. They had someone call me back within 2 days and set up to bring me a new dresser & chest.

Second set showed up & the chest on the second delivery was worse than the first one. The entire top was moving & shifting. The delivery guy set it down & realized that screws were not put down tightly. He grabbed a drill and screwed them down, then realized the back end was lifting up we then realized it was missing 2 screws in the back as well. So they took that one back as well. Someone called me maybe an hour after the delivery & apologized and said they will bring another one. Luckily I work from home so it hasn't been too bad of an inconvenience. The worst part has been putting in & removing my clothes time & again. My husband gave up and just left his clothes in hefty sacks. So tomorrow morning I will remove my clothes again & pray that the 3rd time will be a charm.

All in all, I am impressed that they have gone out of their way to make it right and most of the people I have spoken to have been helpful & friendly. I would definitely buy from them again even with all the delivery problems. I want to say with each delivery they did show up on time, each time the delivery guys were great & the guy who sold me my furniture was awesome & got me some good deals and even an extra 12 months on my furniture financing, making my monthly payment dirt cheap and interest free for 48 months. Overall they go out of their way to make sure the customer is happy, so I'm Impressed with the customer service.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My wife and I purchased our dining room and living room at Ashley's. We've had previous pleasant experiences with ASHLEY FURNITURE and we (again) made the right decision by returning to the store. Customer service is always top notch and the 'sales' people are more than willing to assist you, no matter what you're shopping for! If EVER the need arises, I'd have absolutely no problem going back to ASHLEY for another pleasurable shopping experience! And no, I'm retired and never worked there.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I ordered a Lane recliner/sofa with heat and message which took a couple months to come from the factory. When it finally arrived I soon discovered the heat on one side did not work. Ashley picked it up and repaired it but I was without my new sofa for another 2-3 weeks. Then the power supply stopped working. Ashley provided me with a new one at no cost. Although Lane's workmanship seems a little substandard (as the sofa is on the flimsy side), Ashley store in Show Low did everything in their power to make things finally work.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My wife and I, had been looking at this dining room set for over a month. Decided to check on it once more and Keith ** at the Jefferson City, MO location, greeted us. He gave us the rundown on the sales of the store. His energy was contagious, and made my wife and I want to actually ask questions. Usually these types of places overwhelm us with the push and push of things we don’t like. Anyway, Keith gave us a great deal on the table we really wanted. I told him my budget, and he made it happen for me. While filling out paperwork, we had great conversation and we left feeling great. The last few times going there to look at table, we had no one that tried as hard as Keith did to bless us with that table. We were very grateful.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

My wife & I purchased a king size memory foam mattress in preparation for our second child. We spent over $2k on the mattress combo. After one night's sleep we realized the mattress was far too firm. I contacted Ashley customer service. I spoke with Amber. She was fantastic! Smart, empathetic and very polite. We were very anxious on how this would work out, considering it was a large investment for us. She took care of everything & made getting the right one a breeze. Ashley made out because we spent a couple hundred dollars more on the right one for us. We love it. The world is full of incompetent people. Amber is a true professional and we will continue to shop at Ashley because of the customer service their professionals, like Amber, provide.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

For some reason, I decided to make multiple purchases from Ashley for my new apartment, and what a mistake that was. My nightstand from my online order got delivered damaged, so I had to wait 45 minutes to speak to a representative for that. That’s the least of my concerns. I ordered a black sofa and didn’t realize my receipt said cobblestone despite being reassured by the salesperson that I’m getting black. The sofa that was delivered was a sage green. I ended up signing for it and trying to make it work, but I decided the next day I don’t want it. I went back to the store and they sent me back and forth with the customer service phone line. Customer support is the most disorganized and rudest “support” possible. They basically told me there’s nothing they can do despite it being their mistake. I wanted an even exchange and they refused and essentially made me feel incompetent and helpless. Never again.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

I bought furniture for $5800.00 and thought it was great product in March 2019. So far I had to call them back for repairs 4 times and still waiting for more repairs. The customer service workers, who answer your call are the worst ever, they lack training, and support. I do not encourage anyone to buy from them or fall into the same trap that I fell for. There are many other places and better customer service and quality.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2019

Ashley Furniture review: Recently we decided to re-furnish our house. We chose Ashley Furniture as I had used them to furnish my house when I lived in Edmonton Alberta in 2008. This time around Winnipeg Manitoba fall of 2019. Needless to say we’ve had a terrible experience. We went to the store on St James, roughly an hour and a half drive from our home in Southern Manitoba. Spent a good couple hours choosing kitchen chairs and a bench for the one side of our table. The salesman seemed helpful. They had a tag price of 200$ on the chair but then when he typed it into his iPad or tablet it came up at 240$ and there were 4 chairs so for them all to have the wrong price seems odd and also false advertising. They decided to give us the chairs for the advertised price as a reputable company should do.

Then we found a nice sectional we really liked. It’s tag price was $1399.00, the salesman told us if we wanted the “sleeper” in one side of the sectional it would be an additional 300$. We agreed and proceeded to write up the bill and choose payment. A few weeks later we got a text saying our furniture was in so I went in and picked it up, this time roughly an hour and fifteen minutes. When we got it home and had time to assemble it all after the weekend I quickly realized there was no sleeper. My wife contacted the warehouse and they got in touch with us. I tried several times to get a hold of the store it’s self but no luck on any of their extensions.

After a few weeks of back and forth they’re trying to charge us $335 now claiming it was an $800 upgrade which at the time was only a $300 upgrade. If they have incompetent sales people I don’t see how it’s my fault when we agreed on furniture and a total price before leaving the store. They have yet to rectify my issue and we are extremely unhappy with the entire mess.

Original review: Oct. 21, 2019

I bought a sofa set about 3 years ago with the five year warranty. In the past year the warranty company came out 3 times to repair the dry rotted furniture in June of this year. Finally they decided to replace the furniture. Replacement experience is horrible. The date today is Oct 21st and I am actually writing this review as I am hold with the company. 45 minutes so far. I have spent so much time on the phone and writing the company that if I were paid for this I would have been able to purchase new furniture 5 times over.

To continue, after picking out my replacement furniture two weeks ago one piece was finally delivered today. I purchased three pieces but nor Ashley or the delivery people could not explain why. As I stated before, I'm currently still on hold to find out why. This is only brief summary of the service I have not received and am still not receiving. I'm not sure what happened to Ashley in the fast couple of years but it's not good. Ok they have just answered and now I am back on hold. I also was quoted one warranty price but when I went to purchase it it was actually over $120 more. All I can say at this point is, Buyer beware.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2019

Tempur-Pedic buyer beware - you can order many of the Tempur-Pedic mattresses and bases directly from the manufacturer for a lesser cost and the manufacturer offers a better guarantee on them. The Tempur-Pedic bed and base we purchased during the store's Columbus Day Sales were delivered today. The base was not the model expected. They have a good, better, and best model of the adjustable bases. In store we had asked for the better model which had a much quieter motor. We received the good model that makes a lot of noise. I am going in tomorrow to give them a chance to fix it.

Ashley Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A large selection of affordable quality designs. Shop online or in one of their 600 stores across the United States.

• High-tech fabrics: Durapella® and Duraplush™ are made from durable and stain-resistant polyester suede.

• Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty on frames, varying warranties on cushions, springs, sleeper mechanisms, leather and upholstery.

• Shipping: Standard shipping and in-home delivery options.

• Returns: Eligible items may be returned if unused and with original parts and accessories.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs