2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.70/5
Based on 1,103 ratings submitted in the last year

Ashley Furniture, also known as Ashley HomeStore, is a furniture and home decor company with stores in 49 states and Canada. Ashley Furniture is one of the largest furniture manufacturers in the nation, and the company designs furniture in multiple styles and aesthetics.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I am a big fan of your company and for the most part, have had great interactions with your representatives. I purchased several items through your Milpitas store and I will continue to be a loyal customer because of Sohndre ** from your customer care team. I have been sleeping poorly since my headboard fell apart. The bottom of the furniture complete collapse and parts of it snapped. I am lucky that so far no one has gotten hurt. I have been trying to resolve the issue for the past month by calling into your customer service line.

We purchased the headboard about mid-December, it has only been a month or so before the item complete broke apart and collapsed. I have been given the run around by 3 different representatives, one whom did actually lie to me several times over the phone. I honestly was about to give up on your company and share in detail my experience with the representatives and I have not had a company just completely lie straight to my face before. However, I thought I would give it one more try. I am so glad that I did! I was so lucky Sohndre ** was the one to answer my call.

She was very understanding, patient, and went above and beyond to assist me. She of course, had to look into the case and review the pictures for herself, came to a determination and reached out to make sure that I would not receive a bounce back message and have my case auto-close once again. On top of that, she did more research and reached out to the parts department to assist me with a resolution!!! AMAZING customer service!!! Not only did she hear my issue, she made sure to do her job, and then she reached out to different departments of your company to ensure that my case would be handled correctly! All the meanwhile, she thanked me for my patience and understanding!!

I was completely blown away because this is NOT what I have experienced before! Thank you Sohndre **, because of your hard work and dedication to assist your customers the right way, I will hopefully continue to be a loyal customer. My order is now pending review to see if they will approve the orders, so that I CAN PUT the parts together and FIX my bed finally!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

My husband and I went to the Baton Rouge location to look at the mattresses. We were greeted by Nicholas once we were in that department. He was very professional and knowledgeable about every brand: from the memory foams and pillow tops to the coils/foam on the hybrids. We were telling him our preferences and what we currently were sleeping on. He told us about all the various mattresses available and explained what they were made of (foam/coils/etc.) and what they do for your body. He was so knowledgeable and friendly that I knew in my heart I wanted to BUY my mattress from HIM on that day! He never once pressured us into buying!

His goal was to explain to us all about the mattresses we were inquiring about. He was also intuitive to figure out that my husband and I did not like the SAME mattresses. He then went a step further to explain that we could actually buy two different TWIN XL mattresses to make a KING size mattress. He then made sure to check the inventory on the particular ones we were looking at to make sure they did come in the XL size. He was so awesome -- I believe he "saved" my marriage by explaining to us that we could SPLIT the bed!! Nicholas is truly a Miracle Worker!! So, if you need a mattress - please go to the new Baton Rouge, LA location and request NICHOLAS **!! YOU WILL HAVE A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE!!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I bought $1,455 worth of furniture from Ashley. After going online to look for the dimensions I noticed that the total cost for the same product on the site was $1,070 (-$385) less than I just paid in the store. I called back to the store and they matched my price after a bit of discussion. Based on the 100% terms on my receipt I would've just canceled if they didn't. It's odd how the online store could undercut the stores this way. That's just bad business. Overall I'm happy they matched so I didn't have to order it again online. If I ordered online one thing I liked was they offered 18 mo financing where the store would only do 12 or 24, and the multi-year would have a lesser discount % so I would've paid even more. Not sure if they were fleecing me straight up, or if it was some sort of computer issue. The rep 'refreshed' the inventory data right before we ordered...

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

If you're in a brick and mortar Ashley Furniture store shopping, make sure you get the stock number and check the online price at www.ashleyfurniture.com before you buy; the prices may not match. I was fortunate enough to have a store with a general manager/owner good enough to refund me the full price which they could not match and also did not hit me with the 15% restocking fee, but your mileage may vary.

To be clear, I'm not talking about a couple bucks either. In my, possibly unique case, the increase from online to brick and mortar was just over 52% more before tax and excluding the local delivery charge. Contextually, that's $320.99 + tax with free shipping online vs. $489.99 + tax + $50 local delivery charge in the store. In general, like Ashley Furniture stores and because my local store owner was so fair, they have certainly earned my future business. I make this review to hopefully stop someone else from having to make unnecessary additional trips to a local furniture store like I did.

Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My dresser & chest arrived and it wasn't perfect. The drawers were put in incorrectly, one track didn't roll smoothly & there seemed to be some kind of small split in the bottom right hand corner. But I'm impressed. I called them expecting a hassle about my overall unhappiness with the condition of my dresser & chest. They had someone call me back within 2 days and set up to bring me a new dresser & chest.

Second set showed up & the chest on the second delivery was worse than the first one. The entire top was moving & shifting. The delivery guy set it down & realized that screws were not put down tightly. He grabbed a drill and screwed them down, then realized the back end was lifting up we then realized it was missing 2 screws in the back as well. So they took that one back as well. Someone called me maybe an hour after the delivery & apologized and said they will bring another one. Luckily I work from home so it hasn't been too bad of an inconvenience. The worst part has been putting in & removing my clothes time & again. My husband gave up and just left his clothes in hefty sacks. So tomorrow morning I will remove my clothes again & pray that the 3rd time will be a charm.

All in all, I am impressed that they have gone out of their way to make it right and most of the people I have spoken to have been helpful & friendly. I would definitely buy from them again even with all the delivery problems. I want to say with each delivery they did show up on time, each time the delivery guys were great & the guy who sold me my furniture was awesome & got me some good deals and even an extra 12 months on my furniture financing, making my monthly payment dirt cheap and interest free for 48 months. Overall they go out of their way to make sure the customer is happy, so I'm Impressed with the customer service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: May 18, 2020

I ordered a queen bedroom set and one of the items came damaged so I am trying to return the whole set. I contacted Ashley to set up a return for them to come pick up the items. Left numerous voicemails and have talked to numerous customer care reps that keep passing me around like a torch. I was on the phone for 2 hours at one point before my call was dropped. It has now been 2 weeks with no callbacks. I ended up having to call my credit card company to dispute both charges and to have them take care of it for me. This has literally been the worst experience I have ever encountered with any retailer. I understand they are short staffed but this cannot happen. These are turbulent times, especially for retail, so Ashley should be doing everything possible to keep customers long term....They lost one here..

Original review: May 16, 2020

I placed an order for 2 living room sets, 2 kids' beds with new box springs and mattress and 2 sets of end tables for the living room furniture, on April 16th, 2020. I received an email on April 30th, 2020 stating my furniture would be delivered on May 16th, 2020. After waiting around all morning for a call on the 16th, I called the local store, only to be told they did not have my order and that they had me scheduled for delivery on the 22nd of May. I now will have to take a day off of work because of this piss-poor company, I have no furniture in my house as we have thrown all the old stuff away already preparing for the delivery date on the email, and my kids are sleeping on the floor since they don’t have their bedding! I will never again buy from this rip off of a company!

Original review: May 16, 2020

Online order scam. This company doesn't have respect for we customers. I order online a mattress and after wait, a long time for delivery I called and they said "we don't have it". They return my money after few days. I guess they use our money to gamble at stock market.

Original review: May 15, 2020

Disappointing, No help for bad manufacturing. I purchased a sectional with the extended warranty a year ago. The framework has been a problem since I have had it. One month from purchase someone came to repair it. After 6 months, I had the same issue. Again, I find myself with the same issue. This time I was told my warranty is out and I must contact the extended warranty company. They informed me they are not responsible because the problem already existed. Now I am pretty much screwed. The frame will completely break in a sofa sectional that I paid a lot of money for Only to replace in less than 2 years. Poor poor customer service.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I ordered a three piece living room set from Ashley Furniture. They collected & processed my full payment. One day before delivery, they called to say one item of three, is back-ordered. No one told me before this, that any part of my order was not available. They still have 100% of my money. I’ve already gotten rid of my old furniture to make room for the new, so I’m stuck waiting for a backorder. If they had given me any warning, as they well know, I would have canceled this order & shopped elsewhere. I believe it was wrong of them to take my money, knowing an item was unavailable.

Ashley Furniture author review by ConsumerAffairs

A large selection of affordable quality designs. Shop online or in one of their 600 stores across the United States.

• High-tech fabrics: Durapella® and Duraplush™ are made from durable and stain-resistant polyester suede.

• Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty on frames, varying warranties on cushions, springs, sleeper mechanisms, leather and upholstery.

• Shipping: Standard shipping and in-home delivery options.

• Returns: Eligible items may be returned if unused and with original parts and accessories.

by ConsumerAffairs Research Team