1.18/5
  • 1 star
Based on 349 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 15, 2017

2143 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Dec. 15, 2017

I ordered a beautiful sectional last week and was told it was in stock at the Ashley's Warehouse in Whittier. I was told it would be in today, Thursday, and I can pick it up. I called the store, as I haven't heard from them. I was told that they get 3 shipments a week from Ashley's, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. The delivery didn't come on Tuesday and the store offered to drive their own trucks down to pick up furniture that customers ordered, but they were told no!

Today's shipment hasn't arrived, as of 4pm, and unknown if Saturday's shipment will come in or if my furniture will be on it! I am very frustrated and disappointed, as this is my first experience ordering from Ashley's! I chose pick up because I thought I could get it quicker and save a little money. I planned a housewarming party this weekend and now my guests will have to stand or sit on the floor!!!! After reading these reviews, I hope my furniture isn't damaged too! I'm ready to just cancel and get my money back!!!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Store #42 Vero Beach FL, my sales person name is Russ **. On Thanksgiving weekend I went to the store. Bought a table and chair set as it was on the floor, he only added 2 chairs and the bench. So after calling him and talking to him about his mistake he nor his manager Ann ** honored my purchase so I ended up paying $159 more for my chairs cause he told me I would have to pay to return the set... What a joke... If you chose to shop at this store do not use him as a salesperson, when I told him I would write reviews about him he giggled...

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

We recently just bought a house and had been furniture and liked some of the items Ashley's had in their show room. One particular piece we liked but they did not have the configuration we needed but it was at a discounted price since it was a floor model and they had a promo going on that week. Our daughter was having a bit of a tantrum so I walked outside with her, my husband stayed and took care of all the paperwork. Long story short, the couch does not fit in our home, the salesman knew we had concerns and pushed this on my husband with the impression that we would be able to change our mind if need be. But reading the paperwork that wasn't properly explained to my husband the payments are 89.99 a week and they would not take any returns, exchanges or cancellations. Due to it being a “floor model” their policy is “firm”. Whatever that means.

With it all said and done the discount wasn't even applied at 350 a month for 12 months we would be charged full price for this model 4,700 just about for a couch we can't even use in our home. I called and tried to reason with a manager at the store and he was very rude not helpful at all. Basically he told me, "Sorry we can't help you. Good luck, our policy is self-explanatory." I work in customer service, and there are circumstances that bend the rules and at least for my company we try to satisfy the customer to tell them to go take a hike. I'm very upset and need a remedy for this issue, I feel scammed and played for a fool. My husband and I are not able to pay 350.00 a month for a couch we can't even do anything with!

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

Do not under any circumstance purchase this warranty. I purchased a bed from them. Within a few months, the platform/support pieces starting warping and breaking. The bed was discontinued and they could not fix. Their solution: send an ugly bunkie board to support my mattress. They gave me the option to replace, but at the time there were no beds I wanted in the same style that I had and they would not give me a refund. The bed has continued to break.

I called the store and am now outside the one year warranty. They told me to call the extended warranty I had purchased. But get this - the extended warranty does not cover breaking of these pieces - just accidental spills, breaks, etc... ARE YOU KIDDING ME? This bed has been defective from the beginning and now you will not even attempt to fix it even with my extended warranty. DO NOT PURCHASE THEIR FURNITURE (it is cheaply made) and DO NOT PURCHASE this warranty. It is a scam.

Original review: Dec. 14, 2017

We were having issues on getting our table and 6 chairs, tried having the manager help us and he couldn't but as we were talking Taylor ** was busy on her computer making it happen, with a smile and a kind heart! She deserves to have a raise! It was our first experience with Ashley Furniture and we were not happy about the runaround. Thanks to Taylor ** we got our table and chairs and are so grateful! And we will return all because of Taylor **.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I purchased $6400 worth of furniture which included a cocktail table, china buffet, a bedroom set, TV wall unit and a chaise. Delivery guys were late. They never completed the job of putting the furniture together. My TV didn't fit in the wall unit since they sent me a medium tv stand instead of a large one. I made sure with the sales rep that the TV would fit in it. They delivered a floor model end table for the bedroom set with damage right on top of it. The glass shelves on the china buffet were never put together which I had to do it myself. They never left the locks that go with those glass shelves. The china buffet and scratches and paint is off right in the front. I have pictures with times on it. Called the customer service and they threatened me with restocking fee. Please don't purchase anything from Ashley's, they suck big time. The sales rep also got me a store card in addition to another credit card without my permission.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

I had the worst experience EVER by buying furniture at Ashley Home Store! I walked in to purchase a living room suite. I told the salesperson right up front, I DO NOT WANT DURABLEND! She looked me straight in the face and said, "Oh no ma'am we don't even sell Durablend anymore. It was a bad product". So I asked her to show us leather. She took us to a set that was soft. I asked if it was real leather, seems too soft. She said, "Yes ma'am it is a very soft leather." I bought the sofa, and love seat. I only had it a little over three years, and guess what... It started to peel. I went to the store and told them. He gave me an email address so that I could turn in a claim. They agreed to give me my money back on that piece, after sending pictures. They asked for a picture of the serial number, and told me where to find it. I found it alright! Right next to the label that said DURABLEND! LIars!

So I asked about the other piece, since I had purchased the whole set, because I wanted a matching set. After all that IS what I paid for. So I went to the store to get my money back. "Oh No Mam, you have to use that money with Ashley..." Really??? Why??? It was my choice to walk into your store to spend it in the first place. It should be my choice where to spend it for being lied to, and you selling me crap! Ok, so I told them I wanted to buy a King Size bed. "Oh no Mam, we don't sell that bed here." "Why not? It is on you website." "Mam, that is online only." "Ok, so order the bed, and apply my credit to the bed." "Oh no Mam, that money is for in store only." Ok, so I pick out 2 recliners, and a sofa. Had them send me an invoice so that I would know what I would owe. Then I see, at the bottom, a charge for $249.99 for something called Ashley DASH.

I call back. "What is Ashely DASH." "Oh, that's the delivery." $250 for delivery??? "Then take the delivery off, and I'll pick it up myself." "Oh, No Mam, the delivery stands. That's what we charge to go pick it up and bring it to the store." You have got to be kidding me!!!! Thanks for absolutely nothing Ashley Home Store! You are all a bunch of liars. And your furniture is cheap junk!!!! $2000 for furniture that only lasted 3 years! You are no better than a scammer, as long as you can screw someone over! They have my order number on record at the Ashley Home Store in Arden NC. The manager's name is Drew, and he is a jerk.

Original review: Dec. 13, 2017

The reason why I am writing this review is because I bought a recliner chair for my grandmother. When I first bought the product I spoke to a customer representative named Leslie from Ashley Furniture. She was nice. But the problems came after the recliner chair delivered. But Leslie told me if there was any problems with the chair they would exchange it. So I called after 3 days after the delivery date to tell Leslie that there was a problem with the chair. So I got several rude customer service representatives. They gave me the runaround. And some even hung up the phone on me before I even start the explain the problem. It seems like they don't generally care about their customers or products.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2017

Purchased a rectangular dining table and six chairs. It is Signature Design by Ashley. When the table and chairs were delivered one chair and the table were damaged. Chair was quickly replaced. The table had small nicks and chips along the entire top edge where the two halves meet. Was told this was the distressed look, however the leaf section was smooth, not distressed. Second problem, the legs which attach at corner cutouts making them part of the top were uneven. Finally, the side skirt was not flush by a quarter inch on one side. Two replacement tables have been delivered and returned for the same problem(s) notably the side skirt.

Our initial contact with customer service found the representative quite rude. Subsequent contact has been fairly courteous. We took a return trip to the store and talked to the manager who said he would help, but I'm not sure that he could or would. He seem more concerned about the rude customer service person than the table problems. As it stands now, they have promised a pickup and refund. There better not be any restocking fees or other charges. We applied for credit and that account has already been charged. We are contacting them separately. I have also contacted local consumer groups, including Harry Hairston at Philadelphia's Channel 10, NBC 10 Philadelphia.

Original review: Dec. 8, 2017

First and last time I will use Ashley Furniture. Purchased a bed frame on Black Friday 2017. Bought due to low price and the quick delivery date. Item arrived promptly. Arrived in 3 heavy boxes. Footboard was heavily damaged, called 800# to request replacement. (On hold 38 minutes.) Was told it would take 10-14 days. I asked for a better solution as bed was needed asap. Was told to repack the 50+ pound item, set outside following day for UPS pickup and they would rush a new one. I did. 2 days later, new piece arrives.

Open box and item is even more damaged than the first. Called 800#. (On hold 34 minutes). Was told they would send replacement. I said I wasn't confident in the product and I wanted a refund for entire bed. She said they could provide "super pack" which would be a better packing job. I declined although super pack should always be their packing method, right??? I was instructed to pack up all 3 boxes, write a note for each box, directing UPS to the correct drop off location and set outside for pick up following day and I would pretty much get my refund whenever items were received back, inspected and processed. (AKA: Don't hold your breath.)

I packed up all 130+ pounds of boxes, set them outside. UPS arrives, knocks on door and informs me they only have pick up slips for 2 boxes - NOT one for the original damaged item. Off they go with 2 of the 3 boxes. I call 800# (On hold 18 minutes). Explained situation, was told they will probably pick it up Monday (today is Friday). Was instructed to bring box back inside and set it back out on Monday. For those keeping count, at this point, I have carried in and unpacked 3 huge boxes. Packed up and carried out one huge damaged item box.

Carried in and unpacked the replacement damaged item box. Packed up and carried out 3 huge boxes again. Carried in the damaged item box that wasn't picked up and will store that for several days and carry it back out on Monday. Absolutely absurd that the customer has to waste so much time and energy on Ashley Furniture's mistake and low, low quality items. Ashley needs better quality and better packing. Ashley also needs to modify the return process...at this point, I should have been instructed to put the damaged item in the fire pit and have my refund processed immediately.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

We bought kitchen table and chairs. Very expensive. Didn't have it very long. The varnish is already coming off our chairs. When I did call them they would never returned my call the first time. Call back the second time. Finally talk to a woman name Kate and still said the insurance would not cover it. So please think again before buying expensive furniture!! Very dissatisfied!!!

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I purchased over $4000 worth of Ashley furniture. When I purchased it they signed me up for an Ashley card which I did not want and of course misspelled my name. When I corrected that they said they would fix it in the computer so of course when the bill came my name was spelled incorrectly. Upon agreeing to purchase the furniture I wanted I was forced to take a mattress protector with me. ($107 non refundable). I was told by the "trainer" who was at the store training others (to lie I am assuming) that I would be able to cancel the sale within a week with "no Charge". Big LIE! There is a 10% restocking fee on furniture that isn't in the store and comes from a distribution center 230 miles away. I requested, and was told "no problem" on a 3 hour delivery window. Which of course, was changed to 6 hours later so I had to get my son to drive 80 miles to be at home for the delivery.

I request several time to get this changed but was given the run around by every store employee except the manager who NEVER spoke to me and to this day I still haven't heard from. SO upon my delivery the delivery people set stuff down and left for the "delivery and set up" claim is also a big fat lie. Finally I wanted to go directly to the store that week and pay for the furniture but they claimed that since the paperwork was done, I had to go through the financial service. Why? I guess they think I am gonna change my mind and pay a big bunch of overage and finance fees, NOT. I paid the bill in full and still have not received a call from the store manager. I really just want to tell people NOT TO TRUST them because they lie and want you to sign up for a credit card which I have chopped up and gotten rid of.

Ashley Furniture response
Hi, we’re sorry that you were unsatisfied with your customer service experience. Please feel free to provide feedback by emailing fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com. Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.

Original review: Dec. 7, 2017

I purchased a living room set from Ashley on 12/17/15. At the time we told it would bed delivered 2 weeks later but it took us several calls and 3 months later to receive our furniture. I also purchased a warranty which I was told that it would cover pet damage, stains, and any damage and was never told that damages needed to be reported within a time frame nor does it tell me that in the paperwork that I received. Now that my sofa seat is broken and it has stains they will not cover the repairs!!! I am very disappointed and I feel that Ashley furniture lies to their consumers!!!

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

Bought living room suite (Sofa, loveseat recliner), paid cash. Arrived, couch is not built correctly. Left arm hangs off the side with a six inch gap between arm and back cushion. Called, sent pictures. Two weeks later they send a second couch. Built just the same or worse. Took pics. Sent to store. They told me I had to speak with management. They either don't answer or put me on hold. So, I go to the store, 35 miles. They call the warehouse. They call me finally. They tell me they won't refund. So, they send a third sofa. It is also built wrong. Drivers are laughing at how bad. They took it back. Two weeks later, I finally get a snarky person who tells me they will give me a store credit. What if nothing in the store suits me. Then they will refund. But, they will charge a $150 dollar restocking fee! This has been going on for months! Run, don't go in this too joint!

Ashley Furniture response
Hi, we’re sorry that you were unsatisfied with your purchase or customer service experience. Please feel free to provide feedback on both by emailing us at fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com. Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.

Original review: Dec. 6, 2017

We ordered on ThanksGiving the complete house furniture, got 5 text messages on delivery confirmation, 3 phone calls and now today, 1 hr before delivery we get to know they can’t deliver. And to make it even worse, I had to talk to horrible customer service people. First customer executive was so rude that she didn't even bothered to use any other sentence except, “WE CAN’T DO ANYTHIN.” Basically she told me I ordered from Ashley. I should have known better. Second guy put me on hold and never picked back. Third one disconnected right away. Do you guys even have any quality standards? None of them had the courtesy to tell me that they will deliver tomorrow. We just moved from New York and were living in temporary housing, which, of course, cannot be extended at in 1 hr timeframe. We took day off, planned everything just to know this. Thanks Ashley furniture.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I purchased furniture a few years back with 5 yr extended warranty. Over the last few years, I relocated for work and the store got converted from franchise to a corporate. Currently, there are issues with the furniture and the store where I purchased is unable to cover for warranty as they are unable to come in and take a look themselves and as I am out of state. The warranty was supposed to be nationwide. Meanwhile, a representative on phone has requested me to email customer care on their website. I have sent 2 emails and no response so far. I also submitted paperwork to Guardsman as per the Ashley representative's recommendation who declined coverage saying they are not the providers. This issue is going around in circles. Hope Ashley Furniture home store is able to fix the issue.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

I purchased a leather sectional from Ashley Furniture in Henrietta New York. I put a claim in April of 2016. They shipped me the wrong parts and never had a technician come install them. So I called and asked if we could get the right parts and get a technician to install them and they said they will have to charge me because I don't have the serial number. Every time I speak to one of their representatives I get a different answer. I paid for what the sleazy sales rep pitches as total protection which they tell you covers anything like if you rip it or spill something on it it's covered. What they don't tell you is that is the only thing that is covered. Nothing else. I'm going to call the attorney general and BBB but by the looks of this website they could care less about their customers and junk product they sell to people.

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Smell/fumes coming off recliners and coffee table. I am having symptoms of burning sensation, watery eyes, dizziness and drowsiness because of the furniture. I had to put coffee table on my patio because of the smell. I've contacted the store where I bought my furniture, they replayed that they don't take returns. I have tried to work with Ashley Furniture but I have not got a reply.

Ashley Furniture response
I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your living room furniture. Can you please send us your purchase information, including the store where you purchased, to Fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com? Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.
Thanks,

Original review: Dec. 5, 2017

Ordered a $2000 sectional in the store. Provided the salesperson a drawing of the configuration wanted. She circled a bunch of sectional pieces and told me to sign. Found out later she had circled the wrong configuration. When the item came and was obviously not the item we thought we ordered we sent it back and wanted the configuration we thought was ordered. Was then told we could only get the correct configuration if we paid a 30% ($600) restocking fee. Does not state that anywhere on provided paperwork. Management was no help. Felt very much like a scam. Avoid this company if possible. They do not care if the customer is satisfied. Just want to make a sale. Very short sighted. Gave up all future business by demanding the restocking fee.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

Recently on Thanksgiving day I bought a TV Stand based on the printout handed over and on delivery I found the color is not matching and on call to customer care for return they mentioned there is no return policy and there is only reselection process available within 2 weeks only which is really a nonsense and return policy only within 48 hours from purchase but the delivery is done only after 48 hours. They have not mentioned about this during the purchase and I strongly recommend this is really a cheating with the customer. I never buy any furniture from this store. Beware of the Purchase when you make. Have all clarifications at store when you buy. Not even one star I recommend with this store.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I bought an Ashley Key Town Canopy bed back in 2011. We used it for a couple of years and then it spend two years in storage while I was in Korea. Came back, got my bed out of storage and it didn't even last a month. The left bottom side panel that holds the weight of the mattress broke where it's held by long bolts. After inspecting the wood panel I couldn't believe how crappy and cheaply made it looked. The wood was kind of thin, I guess to keep the weight down, but where it was drilled to install the long bolts the wood was extremely thin. I couldn't believe that the weight of the bed plus me and my wife was held by such a thin strip of cheap wood. I doubt it was due to the time in storage since it was stored in southern Arizona, which has almost no humidity. One of the reason the Air Force has their Davis-Monthan aircraft boneyard in the same area.

Of course I called Ashley to see if I could buy a replacement panel and surprise!..they don't manufacture this model anymore. Therefore there are no more parts available. I'm not spending another $3k for a newer model or a new bed, so I'll have to figure a way to fix it. I mean, me and my wife still have the first bed we bought when we got married, 17 years ago! This old bed is still in good shape and it was also in the same storage the Ashley bed was in. The old bed is also made of wood like the Ashley, with wood supports, not metal. How a bed this old can still be used but my $3k Ashley bed didn't make it to the 5 year mark (it broke last year). We're currently looking to get new living room furniture and my wife mentioned an Ashley store nearby. I said, “Absolutely not!”.

Original review: Dec. 4, 2017

I purchased 3 firm mattresses/boxes from Ashley on 12/22/2016 and Paid a total of 2063.37 USD. 1. 1 king Mattress + 2 boxes. 2. I queen mattress + 1 box. 3. 1 queen mattress + 1 box. In March 2017 I made a complaint that the mattresses are not firm. The same brand of mattresses have different density and I made a complaint that they are not firm mattresses. This was not resolved stating that density difference is not a criteria for them. I paid for all firm mattresses but I was given soft mattress by tagging as firm mattress.

The density of king and queen mattresses are totally different. One queen has good density (But shape is totally broken now) and is firm mattress but the 2 other are so soft. I made another complaint stating the same. They did not resolve. The only criteria which they think is if mattress is not down by 1.5 inch, it's good. They are not considering the density difference at all. I visited/Called Store many times and I was told customer service is my only hope and customer service does not help at all.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

The color on the living room set faded pretty fast and the insurance I paid was about 350 dollars for 5 years and the insurance hardly covered anything. The tv stand has a cabinet that is falling apart. The insurance lie about their coverage.

Original review: Dec. 3, 2017

Purchased a sectional sofa from our local store in Covina, CA during the end of October 2017. Loved the sectional in the store, sales rep was very kind. Our issues began after the sectional was delivered and with the corporate office. The chaise we received was extremely lumpy and the cushions were uneven. We contacted Ashley Furniture regarding the issues and was sent a technician who reviewed the sectional. The technician agreed that the chaise was manufactured incorrectly stating that the zipper was sewn incorrectly causing the padding within to be lumpy. He then ordered a replacement for us that was to come in 5-8 business days. Ashley Furniture then called and left a message on our voicemail regarding a different customer’s account which was a red flag to us showing how unprofessional they were.

Called Ashley Furniture back and issue was sorted out. The morning of the delivery (within hours of when our replacement was to be delivered), received a call from the dispatch service stating our delivery was canceled and was scheduled for the next day. We thought that was very unprofessional but we understood that things happen. Next day we received the replacement piece and it looked just as lumpy as the piece before. The delivery guys said it looked lumpy as well and stated that the way it was strapped in the truck was why it was lumpy and to give it 1-2 days to even out. So we waited 2-3 days and the piece never evened out... On our sales contract it states "if we are unable to replace or repair the merchandise or provide you with an equivalent replacement acceptable to you... we will offer you a refund of the purchase price."

So reading this, we felt entitled to a refund after attempting to have pieces of the sectional replaced with no resolution of the problem. Called our local store who promised call backs from the manager. Days later finally spoke to a "covering manager" who offered an exchange of the sectional. At the time we felt entitled to a refund, but was told that they could not approve that and that I could call the corporate office. Called the corporate office and was given the BIGGEST RUN AROUND I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED IN MY LIFE. Spoke to numerous individuals, sent numerous emails with pictures, was never responded to. Finally today, over a month from when our issues started, we spoke to a corporate supervisor "J.R." who stated "the couch was manufactured to be lumpy and requires maintenance and frequent fanning out." I was shocked by his response.

He repeated numerous times that the couch was made to be this way; however, I was told by the technician who saw our couch in person that it was indeed manufactured incorrectly. I told "J.R." this and he kept repeating what seemed like a script of what he was suppose to tell me. I have never experienced such poor poor treatment of customers in my life. I'm normally always more than happy with items purchased. I NEVER WRITE BAD REVIEWS, so for me to take the time to write this shows how UNBELIEVABLY DISAPPOINTED I am with this company. WILL NEVER PURCHASE from them again.

Attempted to write a similar review like this on their website and was blocked because my review talked about "customer service". We finally came in person to our local Ashley store and finally got in touch with a manager who claimed he knew nothing about our case although I was told multiple times he was emailed regarding our case. Thankfully he refunded our sectional although we were told by another manager that they could not do refunds. So confused, but glad we got it refunded in the end.

Resolution In Progress
Original review: Dec. 2, 2017

Purchased an order with them, then canceled it 1 day later due to financial school obligations. It is now 3 months later 5 refunds later and they still have not refunded the full amount. I have called the store and bank now over 20 times spending well over 20 hours trying to sort it out. My credit is being damaged because Ashley Furniture has no account skills and managers are clearly incapable of anything. I will have to spend my own money for goods that I did not purchase to save my credit rating. Whatever you do not get involved with these scam artists. Trying to buy from them was the worst shopping experience ever, even over eBay stores overseas.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I purchased a sectional which was suppose to be like the floor model. Upon delivery I received a sofa in the place of an armless chair and love seat. I noted something was wrong returned to the store to inform them. The only response I got was, "You are suppose to check on delivery," which I did. Never got to speak with a manager. Ashley’s is only about getting money from you. They want 150 to pick the sofa. Want me to pay a restocking fee. Charge extra for the pieces I was suppose to have and on top of that start the wrong. Have to go back now and I can’t get the correct item for another 2-8 weeks, this is the worst store I have ever dealt with. Wish I had read the reviews prior to purchasing. They are nothing but scam artist. I going to stand in front of their store with signs warning people Ashley Furniture you are the worst.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

I ordered the Trudell Dining Set 18 months ago. In-store, I was assured by one of the sales associates that this particular line of Ashley I was purchasing was a better quality, and on the actual Ashley site the description states it will provide “years of satisfaction”. I am quite disappointed that this product has in fact lasted less than 18 months, as the finish is flaking away from my tabletop and one chair, exposing the wood below (it’s not even stained). This issue is not from abuse, misuse or regular wear and tear. This is a manufacturing DEFECT. There is simply no way to use this product without causing further damage by more flaking.

As the sole person living in my home, this table has seen very light use so I am quite shocked that is has deteriorated so quickly. I imagine that if my table had seen regular wear that the defects would have become apparent sooner. Of course now we are outside of the limited 1 year warranty. I swear these products are manufactured to only last the bare minimum amount of time. Interestingly enough, I read reviews on the Ashley website that others were having the exact same problem. They are clearly aware of this issue. Lesson learned, I'm never buying an Ashley product again!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2017

Hi, I bought a recliner at Michael’s in North Hollywood. I picked the recliner in a box from Ashley. The problem is that my wife who has a lung disease can’t stand the smell of new furniture that still has. I don’t know what kind of material you guys use. But the scent is still there even my eyes get a reaction from the scent. I tried to move it to the patio and spray it with baking powder and still it’s too strong the scent. Please tell me how you can help with the situation.

Thanks,

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I opened an account with them a few weeks ago and noticed all of my items were not on my account after coming in the store researching my own product item numbers & prices... My summary still was wrong. I called back up there countless times trying to contact my salesperson to correct my account balance. She was busy or had just left for the day. She wouldn't even returned my call. Finally I called the "we care @ Ashley" office in Fort Mill & spoke with Patrick who assured me he would flag my account & notify the store manager in Augusta office to look into thing & I should receive a call within 24 hours... Never Happened... I never had to do so much to give a company my business!!! In my opinion this store is very Ghetto & Unprofessional to say the least... I rather spend my hard earn money with a more humble company that appreciates their customers. Company not built on customer service.

Original review: Nov. 30, 2017

I'm VERY UNPLEASED WITH MY SOFA PURCHASE from Ashley Furniture in Willow Grove, PA! In October 2016 I purchased my Darcy Sofa and matching recliner. A couple months after we purchased it, the wood snapped in the sofa in the back!!! Just from sitting on it! No jumping, nothing rough about it. Then another time the wood in the arm of the sofa snapped and broke!!! Then another time the other arm broke!!! Each time someone had to come out and fix it! The last time they came out they declared the sofa was DEFECTIVE, so we asked for a new sofa then, and was told, "NO".

They said they would come pick up the sofa and take it to their warehouse and repair the whole defective sofa!!! So last month, October 2017, they came and picked up the sofa, took it for a week (we had nothing to sit on) to repair the DEFECTIVE SOFA... Now today almost a month later, we call them to tell them it BROKE AGAIN!!! And now they say they will not fix it because the warranty is not effective!!! It was just a month ago that they fixed it and it's still falling apart!! So now our sofa is broken in 2 spots!!! In the back and underneath where you sit!!! We can't even use our sofa and it is only a year old!!! And it has had SEVERAL REPAIRS WITHIN THAT ONE YEAR!!! It was declared DEFECTIVE!!!

This is robbery and it is so sad to do this to people. A sofa should last for years!! Not every couple of months the wood needs to be repaired in it. We need our money refunded or a new sofa that is not DEFECTIVE. We shouldn't have to buy a new sofa every year!! My heart is broken at how Ashley Furniture has ripped it off! It's not right!!! In the pictures below you can see the wood came through the seat! And the back is broken too??

Ashley Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1945, Ashley Furniture became an industry leader in 1970 when its first plant opened in Wisconsin. The plant started with 35 employees, and the brand has since grown to include stores in more than 120 countries.

• Convenient locations: With many locations across the country, it's easy to find a showroom near you. Use the store locator tool on the website to get started.

• Quality tested: Each design from Ashley Furniture undergoes rigorous quality testing for safety, comfort and durability. Take a look at some of the methods used on their website.

• America's #1 home furniture brand: Ashley Furniture's quality appeals to consumers across various demographics, making it the top selling home furniture brand in the United States according to Homes & Textiles Today with reported revenues in excess of 3.3 billion dollars.

• Online showroom: The online showroom feature gives you an idea of what to expect at your local store, but it's just a sample and shouldn't be considered a complete inventory.

• Best for: Families, individuals and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs