3.17/5
Based on 2,164 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

3124 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: April 13, 2019

I look online first then call my nearest store and they have always either met online prices or actually offered me better deals, plus their return policy with warranty on all products is outstanding. I have been buying furniture at Ashley since moving here from Calif in 2010. Everything in my home is Ashley. Wouldn't buy anywhere else. Great service, delivery always or even earlier than quoted and contact with drivers is outstanding also.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My wife and I purchased our dining room and living room at Ashley's. We've had previous pleasant experiences with ASHLEY FURNITURE and we (again) made the right decision by returning to the store. Customer service is always top notch and the 'sales' people are more than willing to assist you, no matter what you're shopping for! If EVER the need arises, I'd have absolutely no problem going back to ASHLEY for another pleasurable shopping experience! And no, I'm retired and never worked there.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I ordered a Lane recliner/sofa with heat and message which took a couple months to come from the factory. When it finally arrived I soon discovered the heat on one side did not work. Ashley picked it up and repaired it but I was without my new sofa for another 2-3 weeks. Then the power supply stopped working. Ashley provided me with a new one at no cost. Although Lane's workmanship seems a little substandard (as the sofa is on the flimsy side), Ashley store in Show Low did everything in their power to make things finally work.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My wife and I, had been looking at this dining room set for over a month. Decided to check on it once more and Keith ** at the Jefferson City, MO location, greeted us. He gave us the rundown on the sales of the store. His energy was contagious, and made my wife and I want to actually ask questions. Usually these types of places overwhelm us with the push and push of things we don’t like. Anyway, Keith gave us a great deal on the table we really wanted. I told him my budget, and he made it happen for me. While filling out paperwork, we had great conversation and we left feeling great. The last few times going there to look at table, we had no one that tried as hard as Keith did to bless us with that table. We were very grateful.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

My wife & I purchased a king size memory foam mattress in preparation for our second child. We spent over $2k on the mattress combo. After one night's sleep we realized the mattress was far too firm. I contacted Ashley customer service. I spoke with Amber. She was fantastic! Smart, empathetic and very polite. We were very anxious on how this would work out, considering it was a large investment for us. She took care of everything & made getting the right one a breeze. Ashley made out because we spent a couple hundred dollars more on the right one for us. We love it. The world is full of incompetent people. Amber is a true professional and we will continue to shop at Ashley because of the customer service their professionals, like Amber, provide.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: July 19, 2019

I ordered 2 pieces of office furniture online. 1 desk, 1 bookcase. FIASCO would be an understatement. Both pieces arrived damaged. I had to handle my own disposal of the first damaged desk. I'm STILL waiting for the replacement shelves for broken bookcase, which was ordered well over a month ago. The 2nd desk arrived in WORSE condition than the 1st. The return shipment has been sitting on my porch for days, as the date they gave us for the pick up was different than the date received by UPS. Even the UPS Driver was awful in leaving the shipment behind. I've spent countless hours on hold with Customer Service, they're non-responsive to emails for days on end. Nothing is right. DISAPPOINTED, First and LAST TIME shopping with online. I will NEVER order through Homestore online again. EVER.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I purchased two items from Ashley Furniture and I had to send one back. So I tried to order another to replace the one that was returned and I was told I had to pay shipping again. So I wound up paying close to $500 for a $375 chair. There was no bargain. After contacting customer care and explaining to them what happened the representative was very rude and not understanding at all. I was told that I had to pay shipping again, and they wouldn't give me any breaks. I was and still am very upset with Ashley Furniture. I will never purchase from them again.

Original review: July 19, 2019

I wish I could select NO star to rate this store and business as a whole! I bought a 2-piece sectional sofa from here in April. Once it got delivered I have various problems as associated with the sofa and loveseat, therefore, while the delivery men were at my residence, I called customer service to report the problems (via word of mouth and with photos from the delivery man’s phone because I could not reach customer service) and they reassured me that a technician could fix them all. I set up an appointment the following Friday for the technician to come out, and no one showed up. I called customer yet again and they said they had no record of my conversation (of course)! So I went through the whole process again, and they assigned yet another technician to come out. When the technician came, he looked at the couch and ordered supplies to supposedly “fix” the sofa and loveseat.

After weeks, the supplies came, and I had to schedule another technician to come out to fix the couch. ”Get it in showroom condition.” When the technician came out he fixed some of the problems but the two pieces, the sofa and loveseat do not fit flush! Therefore after calling customer over and over again, all they did was send out more technicians! After about 3 more technicians came over the course of months, the final reported that the loveseat frame was damaged therefore they finally authorized a new loveseat attachment for the sofa. Weeks later (today July 19) a new loveseat arrived and IT STILL WILL NOT FIT FLUSH TO THE SOFA! So it doesn’t take months and multiple technicians to figure out that BOTH THE SOFA AND LOVESEAT FRAMES ARE DAMAGED! And that’s why they won’t fit flush!

But I called customer service yet again upon delivery of the loveseat and the automated recording said they open at 7am, but the delivery guy had to call someone and she said I have to call back at 9am! So I still don’t have a nice FOUR MONTHS LATER looking sofa and have to go through the process of multiple technicians to get approval for a new sofa to go with a loveseat whenever I get another one again. I am irritated, inconvenienced, and down right furious that I have had a damaged sofa since I bought it. Only if I would not have let customer service talk me into keeping the sofa because they promised to fix it after they delivered it, I probably wouldn’t have this problem. THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE WORST FURNITURE COMPANY I HAVE EVER PURCHASED ANYTHING FROM!

I have left horrible reviews on multiple sites, and have also reported them to the better business bureau! I plan to take my complaints up further, because I paid over $1000 for a DAMAGED couch from a supposedly “reputable” company. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM HERE AND I URGE OTHERS TO SPEND THEIR MONEY ELSEWHERE!

Original review: July 18, 2019

I ordered furniture for my house guest in June. The delivery guys came out and it was the wrong furniture. Ashley's had to order new parts, etc. I was initially told I'd receive the delivery July 12th only to find out there was a shipping delay. Fast forward to my new delivery date July 18th. I was told my delivery time would be 3 to 7. They call at 1 pm while I'm in a meeting, when I called back they tell me I have until 315pm to get there or else I wouldn't get my furniture. I'm racing from Irving to Forget. This is the worst experience I've ever had with a furniture company. I hate Ashley furniture and will never use them again. Please do not use this company. Rooms to Go is much better.

Original review: July 18, 2019

Bought this Jarreau Sofa Chaise Sleeper for our apartment. After 4 months I noticed that it was sagging on the right side. Reported it to customer care and they sent a technician to check it. Technician said that the base is broken and he can't fix it. Called customer care and and my claim was denied because it wasn't covered by warranty. Customer care representative (JR is his name) was implying that I or somebody else broke it that's why it's not covered. I'm only 200 lbs and my wife weighs less than me.

How could we broke the base of the sofa. So, I was asking for the copy of the report of the technician who came to our house to check the report. He said he would email it to me but after 3 hours I have not received any copy of the report yet. 4 months of life for a sofa is not acceptable. I'm very disappointed for the way they treated me. I would not recommend Ashley Furniture Homestore, their 1 year limited warranty and the customer service.

Original review: July 17, 2019

By far the WORST customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. On the first made a purchase that has not shown up after 17 days. When I call your customer service number it says to call the store where you made your purchase. That's great, but they have not answered the phone 1 time in all the times I call. After being on hold for 15 minutes the phone hangs up. So I call your customer service number and stay on hold for 21 minutes and then it spontaneously hangs up too. I will be disputing the charge through my bank to cancel my order. This was my first and last Ashley purchase. I knew that I should have not strayed from ordering from Amazon who are always reliable!

Original review: July 17, 2019

I own this sectional less than 2 months and the zippers broke and stretched material the ripped and they will not do anything for me because I did not take their insurance. So after less than 2 months I have a piece of garbage in my house. I will never buy from this company ever again. Think twice before buying from them.

Original review: July 17, 2019

I ordered a bed for my daughter, it said it would arrive in 2 days if I ordered it within 21hrs. So I did, well today I received half of the bed, and after spending 20min on hold trying to figure out where the rest was, I'm told the rest of the bed won't ship for another week. So I have a headboard and no footboard or rails. The lady was unhelpful, rude, wouldn't help me at all and didn't care that they didn't follow through on their end. I won't be ordering from them online ever again. Never dealt with a company who cares so little for the customer. Horrible customer service. Go somewhere else.

Original review: July 17, 2019

This furniture store deserve NO STARS. We bought a sofa and a dining table from Ashley sometime on February 2019. One of the sofa cushion is dropping. The dining table is uneven, the chairs are chipped and the wood itself is very rough which lead to splinters in my fingers. It's now July 16, 2019 and we've been back and forth. Customer service is beyond unprofessionalism. They were making a mockery out of me, all because I was letting them know that I had enough and will take action for ripping people off with poor quality merchandise. I should also mention that I was told the sofa cushion can't be replace and I should try fix it myself. The dining table kept reordering, since every time they brought the parts it's damaged.

Overall, I want to urge furniture seekers to please not waste your hard working money with this company. Their quality is extremely cheap and their customer service representatives are rude. Please take my words for it. This place is causing me sleeplessness nights. Keep on mind it's now almost 6 months and I am still stuck with dropping cushion and dining table that seems impossible to fix. I would say it's $5000+ that went down the drain.

Original review: July 15, 2019

Purchsed a dining table online, it was not built when arrived. We called within 30 minutes of delievery to return it - that was 2 weeks ago - we have been hung up on, lied to, promised to call us back and only one lady has tried to help but the rest of the customer service are the bottom of the barrell. No one tries to help. We finally have a confirmation for the return but no one will pick it up! It is so frustratiing. Go anywhere else - plenty of furniture stores out there to pick from with far better customer service. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible. I am in real estate and letting everyone know where not to go to furnish their new homes.

Original review: July 15, 2019

We purchased a custom made sofa and loveseat a little over a year ago. The trim on both pieces was not even, but I could straighten it out somewhat until the sofa cushions started breaking down and becoming distorted. I called the local store and they said that, since the furniture was purchased over a year ago, there was nothing they could do. I stopped in to talk with the CS rep, and she found that I had purchased a 5-year warranty and to contact the Furniture Care Protection to discuss replacement of the cushions. I did talk with someone who gave me an authorization number and said I would get a call about my claim the following week. Two weeks later I called back and was told it was every day wear and tear and not covered. After spending close to $2,000 on these 2 pieces and getting very poor quality, I am very disappointed with Ashley! I would suggest to anyone not to purchase anything at this store.

Original review: July 13, 2019

This is the worst furniture I have ever bought. Spent 2400 dollars and it's crap!!!! Ripping in seams should last more than two years. I have bought cheap furniture before and it lasted more than two years!!!!

Original review: July 12, 2019

If they had a negative star they would have received several negative stars. My experience with Ashley Furniture in Tempe, AZ was the worst ever. I purchased a sofa and recliner that were defective the minute I received my furniture. I contacted the store and was told that once sale was complete they could not help me anymore. My sofa has a huge gap on the right side and the cushion on the left side has to be replaced. Mind you this was purchased on June 19, 2019 and all these issues happened on June 24th.

On July 5th tech came out and said cushion needs to be replaced. Back had to be redrilled and couch is still wide open in back. Was told that is the way furniture is. But this is not what shown to me at day of purchase. People save your money and do not shop at Ashley Furniture. Go elsewhere. All these problems less than a month. Now recliner cushion has to be replaced. Corporates office is no help. They are wanting more pictures of furniture. Supplied all photos and they will not help one out so once again poor service and customer care. DO NOT SHOP AT ASHLEY. NOT HONEST PEOPLE.

If they had a negative star they would have received several negative stars. My experience with Ashley furniture in Tempe, Az. Was the worst ever. I purchased a soda and recliner that were defective the minute I received my furniture. I contacted the store and was told that once sale was complete they could not help me anymore. My sofa has a huge gap on the right side and the cushion on the left side has to be replaced. Mind you this was purchased on June 19, 2019 and all theses issues happened on June 24th.

Original review: July 12, 2019

Bought and paid for a bedroom suite, paid for setup in my home. The men opened the boxes, the bed was missing 6 screws and 8 washers! They could not set up. Called the company, because it was bought at Fort Knox, even though it is Ashley Furniture, they would not get someone to help me. My husband is a 72 year old veteran who has Agent Orange poisoning, with COPD, CHF, VERTIGO, heart issues, goes to physical therapy every other day for his back. The bedroom is up stairs, he cannot climb stairs, he cannot bend over to put the hardware on the bed. We are moving because we cannot take care of our property, had to replace bedroom for new buyers. Ashley refused to help or even acknowledge any responsibility! We were desperate, no children, no friends to ask to help us. They're bad business. We will never do business with Ashley again, and will contact every organization we can telling of their treatment to a disabled vet!

Original review: July 11, 2019

I've been waiting on my kids' beds since May. I still have not received it. Now here I am with a delivery date for July 18th 2 days before my house warming and they had to reschedule me again. I'm just so tired of the crap. It's been months. I just want my kids' rooms complete and get it over with. I will never order from Ashley Furniture ever again unless I can deliver it myself. They really need to get it together. Poor customer service and the worst ever.

Original review: July 11, 2019

I wish I could give a negative star. I have called Ashley Furniture for 2 weeks straight about tables that were shipped to my house. They're in the box and need to be returned so the right ones can be ordered. Ashley Furniture tells me that a manager will call me. No one has called. I've emailed - no response. I've used their online chat - that experience was like talking to an elementary classroom bully who wouldn't even provide their name. This issue should be very simple. They tell me that I can return the items with a manager approval but no manager. Why the run-around? They're not going to lose money, but after this treatment, I will send it back without approval, dispute the charge, and never buy from them again.

Original review: July 11, 2019

Save your money, shop somewhere else. Ashley delivered poor quality furniture. I have been arguing with them for a year to fix issues that should have been covered by the manufacturer's warranty. The Manufacturers Warranty does NOT include 1. Fabric, 2. Zippers, 3. Stitching, 4. Uneven cushion fill, 5. Incorrect Assembly, 6. Wicker that didn't get wrapped around the frame, 7. Chairs that were not bolted together properly.

They essentially warrant nothing. If you do purchase something, you better make sure it is perfect before the delivery guys leave. And don't bother with the extended warranty. Read it carefully before you buy it. It doesn't cover anything either. It had been disappointing to say the least. I spent a lot of money on furniture. I could have gone to Big Lots or WalMart and got better quality. The sales girl and the store manager were nice people, but are either ignorant or dishonest.

6/19/19. After posting this review on YELP!, I was instructed to send an email to dsgescaltion@ashleydsg.com, which I did. If they respond, I will update my review accordingly. 6/20/19. No response from dsgescalation. 6/29/19. Still NO response from dsgescalation. Please don't be fooled by the seemingly concerned response below. It is just an effort to make it look like they respond to the bad reviews. They do not. 7/10/19. Still no response.

Original review: July 10, 2019

These guys are a joke, and the delivery people are even worst. BEAUTIFUL stuff but horrible horrible customer service. Delivery people damaged the property, just worst situation possible plus my third time dealing with them as they couldn't seem to get the order right.

Original review: July 10, 2019

Bought a sofa on November 2018. Had defects 4 times during delivery until we finally got an exchange approved. New sofa was delivered with damages again, so the tech had to come out to fix it. Within the process we probably had 6 techs come out in 5 months just trying to settle the sofa situation. They credited us $150 to use in the store and we bought a coffee table. Coffee table was picked up and set up and had chips and defects in the netting. The top of the table started to bubble within a month of having it & they told us that they don’t cover the bubbling or splitting of the wood pieces.... So I went through 9 months of frustrating issues with them to finally get 2 pieces of furniture and one of them I am stuck with with damages. Thanks Ashley, will definitely never recommend you to anyone & I am glad to say I will never be shopping at this store ever again!

Original review: July 9, 2019

Purchased a sofa and loveseat from the Chicopee, ma-store on June 15, 2019 and was told it would be delivered before July 7, 2019 wrong, they said it was not at the warehouse yet. Now they told me I would have it on Monday July 15, 2019 if it comes in. WTF. A whole month to deliver a sofa and loveseat. they were very rude to us on the phone and told us it would take 3 to 4 weeks to get our money back, I paid cash. Their customer service is the worst.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I order a table from Ashley's and it did not fit in my apartment. When the movers came (an hour before the 4 hour time frame I was given) I told them I just finished spray painting the radiator by where the table was gonna be placed and did not want to get it on the table, so they assembled it but left it in the middle of my apartment floor. They snapped a picture that they assembled it then told me to sign to say it was delivered. 30 minutes after delivery the paint dried so we went to put it in the proper area and found out it did not fit, there was no room for the chairs to go and the table was pressed against the couch, so I called and asked if I was able to return cause I was under the impression that I had 3 days to report and return the item. I would just lose the delivery fee and have to pay another one for the return. They told me once it's delivered it's mine and I cannot return it, there's nothing they can do about it. Never once was I offered for it to be measured.

This place is disgusting. They also were trying to give me a hard time about removing the 5 year protection plan on a table I now have to sell, why would I need to pay 200 dollars for protection on a table I cannot keep. The 3rd day I called they finally gave me a number to call to remove that and those people even said Ashley's is disgusting for not taking the table back. Even when I first went in the store, the table was not available to see in person, the person selling me the table, told me there was 2 options, one option was 12 month payment with less money down but the payments would be more a month. The 2 second option was 60 months plan which would cost me 15 dollars a month with a higher down payment.

At first I chose the 60 months, until I went to sign the contract and realized the table would cost me 300 dollars more in total. He never made me aware of this. Just told me the down payment was different and when I pointed it out was told, "Yeah. Just a few hundred dollars more." Clearly only worried about his pay check. He also kept trying to sell me a mattress when I told him multiple times I did not need one. Mine was still pretty new since I bought it 2 years ago. I will never shop here again, I bought all my other furniture at Bob's and I love it from their customer service to their furniture, all the tables they had were even bigger than this one so I could not get a table from them. Even the movers for Bob's asked if they need to bring my mattress down 3 flights of stairs for me which I did not buy from them. I know where I will buy furniture from again and it will not be Ashley's.

Original review: July 9, 2019

I had a severe allergic reaction to the nitrocellulose lacquer that was coming off the desk onto my skin and entire body. I broke out in hives and contact dermatitis across my entire body. The reaction began After a year or so, I had an overreaction to an over exposure to the nitrocellulose lacquer. There are parts of the desk that have NO finish on it anymore because it was coming off with normal use of the desk. I called Ashley Furniture and reported the allergic reaction and they did NOTHING about the issue with the desk. I would like Ashley Furniture to address this and do something about it. I bought the desk from American Furniture in October 2012. How many people are having this same issue and have no idea why they are breaking out in hives and contact dermatitis all over their body?!?!

Original review: July 9, 2019

I actually made my online purchase through Mor Furniture and they turned my purchase to Ashley Furniture. Ashley furniture sent two delivery men who was dumber than a box of rocks. They didn't even attempt to see if the sofa I ordered would fit through my front doors. I think they make their money from their delivery fees because even after their failed attempt to deliver my sofa they still tried to charge me their delivery fee. I would not recommend purchasing from this company ever again.

Original review: July 6, 2019

On May 18, 2019 we purchased a bunk bed and 2 mattress for our son. To date (July 6, 2018) my son has not received his bed as promised. We did have a delivery but no hardware was included in the package. We have a bed with rails lying on our floor which is completely useless. We have contacted customer care and they have been less than helpful. We’re out of $877 for their incompetence. It’s a scheme.

Original review: July 6, 2019

Don’t buy from Ashley Furniture. Buy from anyone else, we were lied to and then when I called the store to speak to a manager I was told they were all busy and I would need to come into the store to speak to someone. We were also under the impression we would get in store financing but found out too late that it was a credit card. Then they lied about delivery date and would not let me speak to manager. Waiting 4 weeks for a mattress is unacceptable when you are told one week. Buy somewhere else, give your money to a place that deserves it.

Ashley Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A large selection of affordable quality designs. Shop online or in one of their 600 stores across the United States.

• High-tech fabrics: Durapella® and Duraplush™ are made from durable and stain-resistant polyester suede.

• Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty on frames, varying warranties on cushions, springs, sleeper mechanisms, leather and upholstery.

• Shipping: Standard shipping and in-home delivery options.

• Returns: Eligible items may be returned if unused and with original parts and accessories.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs