1.13/5
Based on 445 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

2457 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 18, 2018

My experience was so bad that I had to register and leave this complaint. I don't typically do this but I just can't stand liars. I purchased a chair from their online store which was delivered arrived damaged. I contacted Ashley immediately while the delivery guys were still there. They said they would have someone come and try to fix it and it not, it would be replaced. I told them I want a new one and they insisted on sending someone out first. Now I know why. They sent someone who was unable to repair it and now they say they will not exchange the chair. They said it was my decision. It was not. I asked from the beginning to get a new chair and they lied and said it was protocol to do that first. Now they say they can't exchange. It hasn't even been 1 week since I've had the chair. I will NEVER do business again and plan on taking them to small claims court to get my money back.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I went back into the Jefferson City store to get additional support legs for my king size bed. The slats have places for 6 screw in support legs but the bed on comes with 3 (why?). I called and spoke to a customer service person and was told to go to the store and they would sell me additional ones for a little under $6 each. So silly me, I went into the store to get a few more.

Well, first I was told that was a "parts issue" and then they don't sell those but they would try to find out how I could get some sent to me. Well my first response was "how much is the shipping going to cost?" They had no idea if it was anything. The young lady called another place and found out or was told that the legs were $37.50 each!!! Are you kidding me?!? That is over a $31 difference, and they don't have "any parts for that bed that cost that much." Well I left. I wish someone with some power in the organization would actually speak with me and see what is really going on in the company.

Get expert advice delivered right to your inbox

We try to avoid the fluff and deliver tips and guides that really matter

Unsubscribe easily whenever you want
    Original review: July 17, 2018

Called today to schedule my delivery which was to be ASAP and informed the best they can do is August 3rd and that the coffee table I ordered will be on back order until the end of September. Once I stated I was going to cancel my order the girl who stated she was the delivery manager, said I would be charged a 12% restocking fee. Very upset with this since never discussed with me that the order would take this long and that the item was on back order. The only good experience was our salesperson who was very helpful, but won't be doing business with them again.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I purchased sofa & loveseat from Ashley furniture store. The furniture was delivered twice both times the sofa was ripped/torn. I attempted to contact them several time to no avail. They didn't answer the telephone. This has been a 3 week process and to date furniture still has not been received. Once, I spoke to some. They had me on hold and practically called me a liar then hung up on me. I will never purchase anything from them. I will also report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I pre purchased a sofa 3 1/2 weeks before it was to be delivered. At time of purchase I confirmed the delivery date. 2 days before delivery I received a call that they didn't have my furniture and I would need to reschedule, after I already rearranged my schedule to accommodate the original delivery date. My delivery was pushed back 1 week, I called 3 TIMES to confirm my delivery and 3 times I was told it was confirmed. I grew concerned the day before deliver was set because I had not received a confirmation call and in that phone call I was told that my delivery was not confirmed and I have to wait another week. This all after being told by 3 different customer care employees that I was confirmed.

Management had no compassion and was not willing to do anything except refund delivery fees and could care less that I still have not received my furniture that I bought and paid for over a month ago. I warn anyone considering buying from Ashley Furniture to NOT do so. They have poor customer service and are unwilling to resolve issues to satisfy a paying customer. I have time and money that has been spent and rearranged my obligations and cancelled my own schedule to accommodate them and still have not received my furniture or been properly compensated. Do NOT buy from Ashley. I had no idea so many other complaints were filed for the same reason, had I known I would have never purchased from them either.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: July 14, 2018

Originally my wife and I was gonna purchase the Ashley Furniture brand mattress. But upon ordering the bed. They said it was sold out. So they gave us the option of choosing 2 Stearns and Foster bed for the same price as the Ashley Furniture brand mattress. So we both tried out the beds and we like the stone forest model. Not too firm and not too soft. It was perfect compared to our Sealy foam mattress. Once we received our mattress May 15th and it was setup. We were super excited for the good night sleep and leisure time laying on the bed. After the first week of sleeping on the bed. My wife and noticed that we would sink in the middle of the bed. So we called Ashley Furniture to confirm that we were sent the correct bed. After the bed was the one we ordered. We gave it another month to see if we just need time to get used to the bed. Nope, we just sunk right back in the middle.

We contacted Ashley again. And we found out that they can’t do anything for us. "No exchange or returns", they said. Our fault for not asking the basic questions. Called Stearns and Foster. They said they couldn’t and wouldn’t do anything to help us. So we are stuck with a $2700 bed. And no way can I sell this online. My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a new bed. At the end of the day. It is my fault for not asking the necessary questions. But to not get any type of help or support from both Ashley Furniture and Stearns and Foster tells me I’ve ripped off as a consumer. I would avoid Stearns and Foster and their overpriced bed.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I canceled invoice # ** on 7/13/2018 at 8.44 pm and never got emailed a cancellation # as promised. I received their delivery schedule at 6.42 pm. It took 2 hours to get in touch with anyone to cancel the order so it would not show up when I was not going to be home.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I can't believe how little they care about customer satisfaction. I bought swivel rocker armchair in 2014. About a year ago it started to squeak. Not much at first but now we are not able to use it because the noise is deafening. I contacted Ashley to have one of their repair people come and have a look at it. Because we never purchased the warranty we paid for the service call. $68.00 that was no problem. He couldn't find the problem but tightened everything and oiled it. That worked for 1 day. The squeak started again. I called them back. I was told I would have to pay for another service call. They did finally send someone else who barely looked at the chair and said there was nothing he could do.

I then contacted Ashley's customer service department and was told there was nothing they could do. It was wear and tear they said. I asked them if it was possible that the chair was poorly crafted but they just kept repeating the same thing so I knew it was a waste of time. I have a problem believing such an expensive chair would be finished after only 3 plus years. And I have a bigger problem believing this is how Ashley would treat a customer.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I bought 3 bedroom sets from them. Waited over two months for delivery. When delivered there was a bed rail missing, dresser with drawers that didn't close and scratches on top, another dresser had a drawer broken. Delivery guys said someone would call. No one called. I had to call and the store manager said it wasn't his area I would have to call the delivery department. Took two calls to delivery department to get anyone to help me. Said it would be another 2 months to get parts in to fix stuff, meanwhile my house is a mess because I have half used furniture that I can't use and my old furniture is gone.

I have asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, which their reply is, “There’s not one available at this time. Someone will call you back in 48 hours.” It’s now 48 hours after I have called the third time and still no call. I called the corporate office and they even said they couldn't help me that someone in my area would call me back. No one at this company cares about the customer. I own a local business and have never seen customer service like this before. This is the worst company to deal with. Everything they have said are complete lies. On top of all this they are billing me for my furniture even though I do not have a complete set of good product that I ordered. They didn't care. They delivered it they said and so they will be charging me for it. I can't believe they legally can be charging me for bad product that is not what I ordered.

Original review: July 12, 2018

5 year protection plan - hoax. Bought living room set back in 2014. Four years later a tear was found by the handle on the side of the sofa. I called and told them about the tear, they said, "Send us an email with the damages." After sending the email, they said, "Sorry it is an accumulation. This is not covered." Then I said it was due to a tool in my pocket while I was walking by. They said, "But you also said you moved the furniture so sorry you changed your story. We are not covering you." This is such a con job. Do not give your $500 to these people because they will not cover anything.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Bought the extra 5 year warranty. Waste of good money. Nice couch, very comfortable, I give it a 5 for about 6 months. Give it a zero now. We can feel the boards in the seat. The color is wearing off the couch after about 15 months. The motor has now worn out. The footrest is stuck in the start of the up position. It is in the way. 1500.00 for 2 1/2 years, what a joke. What junk!

Original review: July 11, 2018

If I could leave no stars I would. This has been the worst buying experience for my wife and I ever. The first couch we bought in store was delivered late, even after I had been called and notified they would deliver on the expected date. I stayed home from work and cancelled plans to only get a phone call late morning day of saying they didn't actually have it ready. THEN, we made the major mistake of purchasing from their online store during a sale and was told it would be delivered in two days and our CC was charged. 7 days later nobody can find our order online and we have no idea when it will be delivered. Customer service is a joke with 45+ min wait times. Stay far far away from Ashley.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The quality of this furniture was worse than ever expected, it was terrible. I submitted a return within 5 minutes of delivery and it took over 2 weeks for someone to process my return and schedule a pickup. Now, I have finally returned the items and they refuse to give me my money back. No one answers the phone or responds to emails. I processed a claim through PayPal to get my money back and because they "accidentally" duplicate charged me it shows a full refund. I was charged TWICE, refunded ONCE and do not have any furniture. I need help. I do not know what else to do.

Original review: July 9, 2018

We got our furniture delivered and I saw a scrape mark on sofa from them trying to get it on the house. They came a couple weeks later and repaired it. Then on the love seat where my husband sits his rear, the seat was bubbling up in spots. Notified store and they had to order the cushion. 3-4 weeks later came and changed out the cushion. The same thing was happening immediately. The repair guy said sitting on it may flatten it out. It didn’t. So 3 weeks later they came again to repair it. They failed to put the cushion all the way to end of footrest leaving wood exposed. Called them again and have to wait 3-4 weeks for repair. I had my last couch and love seat 15 years without issues that was not bought from them. This is the WORST furniture I have ever bought. Will Never buy anything from them again. Very cheaply made furniture.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I recently purchased 6 Baxenburg chairs from Ashley online store. Little did I know that after doing more searching for a bar stool chair, I found the same Baxenburg chairs by Ashley on Amazon.com with a price of 71.99 for 2 chairs when I just paid 65 dollars per chair on Ashley online site. Needless to say I am furious. I have already put the chairs together or I would have sent them right back, but now I am stuck with them. Chairs that if I had only looked a little harder I could have bought at half of what I paid at Ashley.com for the exact same chair at Amazon.com. This is the biggest ripoff I have ever seen, just because Ashley can mark up their products because they are a major furniture store. I will not ever buy a thing from your Ashley Furniture store again. Thieves!!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

The content to follow is the emails I have sent to Ashley Furniture Store explaining the issues. On 28th March 2018 my furniture was delivered. The furniture was a Urbanology bed, dresser and mirror. As soon as the furniture was built by your employees, both me and my partner checked for any marks, scratches etc. On the dresser there are white marks on the front of the drawers and other marks. Please see attached pictures as proof. We were told by the delivery staff who built the furniture that the issues we had were supposed to be there. Within the hour, I went to my local Ashley Furniture store at 3047 Clarence Ave S, Saskatoon to discuss the issues I had. We were told that someone would be in contact within 48 hours to discuss the problem and organize a call out. When we signed the contract and bought the furniture, it was emphasized that any issues with the furniture would be dealt with within 48 hours.

When the bed was delivered we seen that there was no spring box to come with the bed. We were told we would get one included with our purchase free of charge. We ordered the Ashley Brand power bed. But it was agreed that we would get a spring box until we could pay off the power bed. When we mentioned the box not being delivered we raised the issue in store. It seemed as though this was forgotten about when deal was discussed. So on this visit to the store, after discussing with your employees, they gave us the option of paying $399 upfront but then the money would be refunded and that they would wave the price of the product.

After this visit to the store we felt happy with our purchase. However, a week later we had still not heard anything from anyone about our faulty furniture. Another trip to the store, no one seemed to understand what was going out with the finance. After speaking to a number of staff members and customer service, we were told we would be contacted the next day regarding this. No refund was given after being promised that it would be! We were promised yet again by customer service that someone would contact us regarding the furniture. We were also told that our furniture had gone into clearance so our balance had reduced. However, yet again, staff didn't know what was going on.

On the 2nd April 2018 we received a phone call from the maintenance team about the furniture. They told my partner that they needed to discuss it with the store first and will call back. Another week passed we returned to the store to discuss yet again our faulty furniture. After a long conversation with customer service, we were then told that a mistake had been made and we were unable to add the box springs to our finance as there was no room and the refund was unable to be given. As we did not want to pay the $399 for the box that we would not need after the power bed has been delivered, we were instructed to return the boxes ourselves. We did so and the money was then refunded to our account.

The store had not had any communication with the maintenance team regarding our furniture. My partner received a phone call on the 10th April, to organize someone to sort the issues with the furniture. He explained that we have photos. They did not want the photos. The next available slot was April 30th. We also have issues with the bed. However, the lack of customer service given, I felt it was best to deal with the issues direct with you. As the weeks have gone on, we have found issues with the bed. We are unsure if these were here when the bed arrived or if it is worsening as time goes on. Like I said we have only had the bed for 4 weeks. Please see attached photos as proof.

Events below follow the 24th April 2018. I received a phone call from a staff member at Ashley's call center to discuss the complaint. As I explained to your head office and the store this women was so rude, she wasn't listening to what I was saying, she repeatedly said 'When given documentation it would makes sense to read it'. I ended up hanging up on Crystal (the staff member) as this is not the customer service I would feel is acceptable.

After this phone call, I went to the store and they advised I spoke to head office as they were refusing to do anything about the damaged products. I spoke to a man from Head Office about our issues. We were offered a deduction of $120 to keep the damaged products or for it to be fixed. I was unhappy with both of these offers. I explained to Head Office I wanted the furniture removed from my property and the finance cancelled, apparently they were unable to offer this. After an hour on the phone I was offered an exchange.

I then went to the store to explain the situation. They came to me with a price of the furniture. We were told that as this is new product the policies are the same as a new product. As this is a new product which we should of been given at the beginning. However, after a phone call regarding the new furniture being delivered I was told that these policies would not cover the furniture. Why would I want the furniture from Ashley when I could have all these issues again?

At the beginning of all this when we first went in to the store to choose furniture, we were offered a plan by the store. As my partner was only accepted for $2000.00 by Fairstone for finance, we were told and it was agreed by both ** (Sales Representative) and the ** (Sales Manager) that they would reserve our order but the products that the finance did not cover. They explained we could pay as much or as little as we wanted off the order and then they would deliver the items. As though it was a store payment plan. As we thought that this was a legitimate and regular thing that the store did for customers, we agreed.

However, my partner started receiving calls and voicemails from the store a number of times a week demanding payments and if we didn't make a payment then things would be taken further E.G debt collection agencies. This was excess stress that was not needed. When speaking to the store about this, all was denied. They said that we have not been receiving these calls and that we should not be.

This has been brought to my attention that this in store payment plan is in your policies and the staff members have offered this to make a sale. So they can gain more sales and the commission. So not only have your employees done this, they have also sent us clearance items without following the policies and procedures put in place by Ashley Furniture Store. That customers are to be told that the items are clearance, they are to view the furniture and then sign to say they are happy with the products they are receiving. This has not only happened to me and my partner, but has happened to another family I know. Surely this is just unacceptable?

I have made 2 payments: $66.52 on 28th February and $356.69 on 4th May 2018. Due to all these issues from Ashley Furniture Store I would like to cancel the full order, I want the a full refund, the old furniture removed from my property and the finance cancelled. I refuse to give my money to a company that have made something so simple as buying furniture a living nightmare. It is one thing after another and I want to put an end to all of this.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I purchased two bedroom sets. Bought the extended warranties for both which was $399 each. Then the ball bearings fell out within the first year. They came to fix it. No problem. The extended warranty when I called back half a year later after that first year they said that it wasn't covered. Only nicks and scratches. So I paid $800 to get nicks and scratches out of furniture. Do not do it.

Original review: July 5, 2018

We purchased a dining room set as well as some other furnishing for our home in Sept 2017 and purchased an extended warranty. Before Dec. the dining table top started to peel. I called and they said that before they would replace it, they would have to try to fix it. They took it and refinished it. I told them my concern was that it was going to peel again and they assured me that if it did peel again, they would replace it. WELL, needless to say, it peeled again after less than a month. I called 3 times and left a message for them to call me back.1st time I was on hold for over 30 minutes after being transferred to the service dept, no one ever picked up the phone. 2nd call, I was hung up on. 3rd time I got the answering service and demanded to get a callback so we could resolve the problem, that was over a week ago and NO ONE CALLED ME BACK. I will never recommend buying anything from this store.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Went in to purchase a recliner and sofa. The salesperson and manager offered 20% to bundle them together. When writing the ticket, the salesperson referred to the prices as “internet price.” When we left, we checked out the price on the Ashley website, which was actually $50 less than what we got in store. We canceled the order within 48 hours, per their refund policy. The next day we got a delivery confirmation call and email, where I replied that we had already canceled the order and not to deliver it to us. My credit card was then charged for the total amount, even though it was stated that it wouldn’t be charged until the furniture was delivered.

Then on the scheduled delivery day, Ashley showed up, even though we had already canceled the order. So we sent them away and called Ashley customer support again. They said there were no notes of us canceling, but they would get it canceled, only after the furniture gets back to the warehouse the next day. I will now have to wait at least 5 more days for my refund on an order that I canceled in accordance their policy. We’ll see if I actually get my money back next week.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Store employees were snotty on the phone, and very disconnected at the store. Still ordered the bed because we loved it. But when it was delivered a week ago the kids setting it up had no idea what they were doing and were missing pieces. They were even asking another delivery company that was there if that had pieces or knew how to set up the bed! Now we are a week after delivery and I am still waiting for the parts to come in!!! I have called several times, with the, "We will get back to your solution." Meanwhile, we cannot sleep in our bed! In addition, they had a rug hanging I wanted to buy but there was no price. The salesperson was going to check the price and call me. Of course they never did and I had to call them. Will never buy from them again!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I ordered a girl bedroom and paid for it on May 04, 2018. On May 29, 2018 I received a different product than the one ordered, I went to the store to complain the same day and I had them to print out paperwork for the next delivery. On June 30, 2018 I received 2 drawers and a dresser... rest of the items promised on August 30, 2018... I went to the store and complained. I have the print out (Delivery date 06/30/2018- was not an estimate) that shows all the items ordered... but the order was incomplete. My daughter will start going to school in the beginning of August and I need her room done by then. This is breach of contract!!! I want someone to pick up the items from my house before I contact a lawyer and contact the media.

Original review: July 3, 2018

Please do not trust those people. The quality of the furniture they show me in the showroom was completely different than what they deliver to my house. Two weeks after I bought the sofa and gave my salesperson a good survey, they deliver a damage sofa in my house. I called and went to the store multiple times for an exchange. Nobody wants to help me. They were running away from me. Finally they filed a claim to their headquarters in Baltimore. After a month and 21 days, They sent a technician to repair the brand new sofas I bought. He cut the fake leather and change the cushions and leather of the new sofas.

The problem gets worse. The whole sides were sinking. I asked the technician to videotape the hole on the cushions. When they are leaving my house the guys asked me to wait for the headquarters' decision. After a month no one followed up with me. I called the store many times they always put me on hold and finally a lady told me that they cannot help me. The headquarters has denied my request.

Original review: July 2, 2018

I purchased a full living room set in June of 2017, the salesman explained that it would be beneficial to purchase a 5 year platinum service plan for the living room. I paid the almost $500 for the plan and was told in no uncertain terms that if anything happened to the furniture it would be covered. If it couldn't be repaired, it would be replaced. Just one year and two weeks after delivery, the side of the couch buckled up and the legs tilted inward and the sleeper no longer opens. I called the service company and they simply said, "Sorry, we don't cover structural damage. You will have to call Ashley."

I called Ashley and spoke to their extremely rude and unhelpful customer service department and was told, "Sorry, it's two weeks too late for us to do anything about it." We were told they would call a service company to repair it, but it would cost us out of pocket to fix it. So after purchasing a $500 protection plan, we would now have to pay to repair the shoddy piece of junk they sold us. They are not a reliable company, their products for lack of a better word are complete crap. I wouldn't recommend anyone to shop there. They did not even attempt to resolve our issue. They offer a 5 year payment plan, but their furniture doesn't last 5 months! BUYER BEWARE!

Original review: July 1, 2018

I bought a bed 2 weeks ago and we schedule the first delivery, I had to request a day off at work and they didn’t delivery, they told me the bed had damage. They schedule again for today, I took another off from work, they called me at 7:00 am telling the delivery would be in 30 minutes. And they never showed up. I called them and they don’t even know what’s is going on. This is so irresponsible! First time I decide to buy something there and now, never again! You cannot trust in this company!

Original review: June 30, 2018

Well I'm pretty pissed off. Went out and bought some beautiful outdoor patio furniture. A table, chairs and a patio tower heater. Everything was awesome and I loved it but winter rolled around and I covered all of the stuff. Now the patio heater was made out of fiberglass and somehow it started falling apart. Now it was completely covered with a tarps. I called John V Schultz (the place I bought it) and they said they would have a guy over the next day so I uncovered it and the guy didn't show till two days after and he tells me, "Well you should have covered it," with the tarp sitting right in front of him.

Then he tells me I have to take it up with Ashley Furniture 'cause this isn't something they take care of. So I call and they ask for a serial number off of a plate that was supposed to be on the heater and the guys who put it up never put that on the heater. Not only that but apparently leaving "outside" furniture in the sun outside voids the warranty. What the hell. So now I have a patios heater I paid a crap ton for that didn't even last a year.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I have bought a living room in 2015 and salesman insist that I have to buy extended warranty which will make it issue free as he said, “Will repair any damage. If we can’t repair it we will replace it.” So I bought it. Last month I noticed some cut in the fabric in docking area, I called the warranty they said, “Sorry not covered.” I called customer care they was very rude and said, "We don’t own that warranty. We don’t care.” I told them that you promised to fix any issue if I bought that warranty, she said, “I am not in the store and I am not salesman. If he told you that call them” and she hanged up. I called the store they said the same thing. I guaranteed you if you go today to buy anything they will try so hard to buy the warranty and they will never tell you that the warranty doesn’t cover serious damages or not easy fix areas. They hid that which is mean they provide false info. I will stay away from them.

Original review: June 29, 2018

I recently purchased a living room set from Ashley HomeStore Modesto CA. Upon delivery the tables were all scratched up. They were refused and the delivery man refused my refusal. Since then they have come out to replace them 3 times. The tables looked worse than the ones I got. I talked with many associate about this issue. I was guaranteed a manager would check them before leaving the warehouse. Still waiting to get it right.

Today my power recliner went out. I paid for the warranty. I called the Ashley store I bought them from to have someone fix them. I was told they only come out on Wednesday. I work Mon-Fri. The salesman never explained none of that. I spoke to the salesmen and I was told I was gonna get a partial refund for the tables. Have not received anything. Seems they are just liars who sell you garbage furniture. No one seems to help me out at Ashley Furniture customer service or store. I will definitely not be buying any furniture through them again. I just thought I would get quality and that's not the case.

Original review: June 28, 2018

Sales gives one date the furniture should be available for delivery. Then delays are added. I waited 26 days from the purchase to the delivery day. Delivery gives one date they will call about delivery. Then they call on another date. Delivery gives one time they will arrive and they arrive a different time. When the furniture was delivered, I noted many, many chips, dents, stain rubs and a hole in the cabinet. I found out that it is the warehouse’s policy to remove the furniture from the original boxes and then plastic wrap the pieces before putting them on the truck. Delivery claims they are inspecting the furniture, but this procedure adds to the handling and the damages.

I could not tell if all the damages were made at the warehouse or if these items were returned by other customers because there were so many damages. I then waited 6 more days for Ashley to contract repairs to the furniture. When a repairman arrived, he was in such a big hurry; he fixed half of the damages and added some others. One hole in the cabinet could not be repaired and said he would order the wood piece. However, Ashley said this piece could not be ordered and offered to replace the lower part of the china cabinet. (It is now 32 days from purchase until the decision to replace the cabinet.) I asked if the cabinet could be delivered in its original box as to reduce damages. They told me if it is delivered in the original box, the delivery people would not remove it from the box but just drop it off.

This is a very stupid policy, because it is more work to remove it from the box and wrap it with plastic at the warehouse then unwrap it at the residence instead of removing it from the box at the residence. The unboxing, wrapping and unwrapping also adds to the handling and damages. I decided I didn’t want Ashley to pick up or deliver any more furniture. If I ask for a refund, who knows how long I would wait. If they exchanged it, the damages and poor repairs would start all over again. I finally called a repair facility and paid for proper repairs myself. The china cabinet is now usable. I will never buy from Ashley Furniture again.

Original review: June 27, 2018

I just wanted to verbalize my total disgust with the delivery of my furniture purchased from Ashley Furniture. The initial estimated delivery date was scheduled for Saturday, June 23rd. It was rescheduled per the company to June 27th. I called the scheduling department for an estimated time of delivery on June 27th and was told it would roughly be between 10am-1pm. All contact numbers were provided to sales representative. When I hadn’t heard anything at any numbers provided by 12N, I called the scheduling department again and spoke with 2 representatives and they stated the delivery personnel had contacted me already and attempted to make a delivery. I then informed them that no one had contacted me at all at any of the numbers provided. They said that unfortunately the furniture couldn’t be brought back out.

My concern is where are the customer’s rights in delivery? In your contract, you’ve definitely covered yourself in case of delays for a “variety of reasons”. Unless I’m provided with a visible phone attempt, I have no proof I wasn’t called. I was then informed that the next delivery date wouldn’t be until July 5th with a purchase date was 6/2/18. So, I guess my hands are tied, but I will definitely communicate to others of my experience.

Original review: June 26, 2018

Very Unprofessional Company. Not worth buying no furniture or accessories from them. I ordered a set over two months ago, when it arrived it was broken. I called and requested a new order, so I sent the broken set back. It's been over a month and have not heard nothing. I called today and they keep giving me the runaround, that it was shipped but now it’s on back order. Very unprofessional, don't even bother going through the hassle to order.

Ashley Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1945, Ashley Furniture became an industry leader in 1970 when its first plant opened in Wisconsin. The plant started with 35 employees, and the brand has since grown to include stores in more than 120 countries.

• Convenient locations: With many locations across the country, it's easy to find a showroom near you. Use the store locator tool on the website to get started.

• Quality tested: Each design from Ashley Furniture undergoes rigorous quality testing for safety, comfort and durability. Take a look at some of the methods used on their website.

• America's #1 home furniture brand: Ashley Furniture's quality appeals to consumers across various demographics, making it the top selling home furniture brand in the United States according to Homes & Textiles Today with reported revenues in excess of 3.3 billion dollars.

• Online showroom: The online showroom feature gives you an idea of what to expect at your local store, but it's just a sample and shouldn't be considered a complete inventory.

• Best for: Families, individuals and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs