2.76/5
Based on 2,345 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

Ashley Furniture Reviews

Original review: Oct. 31, 2019

I bought $1,455 worth of furniture from Ashley. After going online to look for the dimensions I noticed that the total cost for the same product on the site was $1,070 (-$385) less than I just paid in the store. I called back to the store and they matched my price after a bit of discussion. Based on the 100% terms on my receipt I would've just canceled if they didn't. It's odd how the online store could undercut the stores this way. That's just bad business. Overall I'm happy they matched so I didn't have to order it again online. If I ordered online one thing I liked was they offered 18 mo financing where the store would only do 12 or 24, and the multi-year would have a lesser discount % so I would've paid even more. Not sure if they were fleecing me straight up, or if it was some sort of computer issue. The rep 'refreshed' the inventory data right before we ordered...

Original review: Oct. 29, 2019

If you're in a brick and mortar Ashley Furniture store shopping, make sure you get the stock number and check the online price at www.ashleyfurniture.com before you buy; the prices may not match. I was fortunate enough to have a store with a general manager/owner good enough to refund me the full price which they could not match and also did not hit me with the 15% restocking fee, but your mileage may vary.

To be clear, I'm not talking about a couple bucks either. In my, possibly unique case, the increase from online to brick and mortar was just over 52% more before tax and excluding the local delivery charge. Contextually, that's $320.99 + tax with free shipping online vs. $489.99 + tax + $50 local delivery charge in the store. In general, like Ashley Furniture stores and because my local store owner was so fair, they have certainly earned my future business. I make this review to hopefully stop someone else from having to make unnecessary additional trips to a local furniture store like I did.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
      Original review: Aug. 8, 2019

My dresser & chest arrived and it wasn't perfect. The drawers were put in incorrectly, one track didn't roll smoothly & there seemed to be some kind of small split in the bottom right hand corner. But I'm impressed. I called them expecting a hassle about my overall unhappiness with the condition of my dresser & chest. They had someone call me back within 2 days and set up to bring me a new dresser & chest.

Second set showed up & the chest on the second delivery was worse than the first one. The entire top was moving & shifting. The delivery guy set it down & realized that screws were not put down tightly. He grabbed a drill and screwed them down, then realized the back end was lifting up we then realized it was missing 2 screws in the back as well. So they took that one back as well. Someone called me maybe an hour after the delivery & apologized and said they will bring another one. Luckily I work from home so it hasn't been too bad of an inconvenience. The worst part has been putting in & removing my clothes time & again. My husband gave up and just left his clothes in hefty sacks. So tomorrow morning I will remove my clothes again & pray that the 3rd time will be a charm.

All in all, I am impressed that they have gone out of their way to make it right and most of the people I have spoken to have been helpful & friendly. I would definitely buy from them again even with all the delivery problems. I want to say with each delivery they did show up on time, each time the delivery guys were great & the guy who sold me my furniture was awesome & got me some good deals and even an extra 12 months on my furniture financing, making my monthly payment dirt cheap and interest free for 48 months. Overall they go out of their way to make sure the customer is happy, so I'm Impressed with the customer service.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My wife and I, had been looking at this dining room set for over a month. Decided to check on it once more and Keith ** at the Jefferson City, MO location, greeted us. He gave us the rundown on the sales of the store. His energy was contagious, and made my wife and I want to actually ask questions. Usually these types of places overwhelm us with the push and push of things we don’t like. Anyway, Keith gave us a great deal on the table we really wanted. I told him my budget, and he made it happen for me. While filling out paperwork, we had great conversation and we left feeling great. The last few times going there to look at table, we had no one that tried as hard as Keith did to bless us with that table. We were very grateful.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

My wife & I purchased a king size memory foam mattress in preparation for our second child. We spent over $2k on the mattress combo. After one night's sleep we realized the mattress was far too firm. I contacted Ashley customer service. I spoke with Amber. She was fantastic! Smart, empathetic and very polite. We were very anxious on how this would work out, considering it was a large investment for us. She took care of everything & made getting the right one a breeze. Ashley made out because we spent a couple hundred dollars more on the right one for us. We love it. The world is full of incompetent people. Amber is a true professional and we will continue to shop at Ashley because of the customer service their professionals, like Amber, provide.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

I have to cancel the order. Tuve que cancelar la orden. I waited for them to deliver on the promised date and they did not. Not even told me they were not coming. Iight hours waiting. Excuses like the truck broke down. 8 hours waiting with not a single call. I tried to reschedule and they told me that the furniture was not in the warehouse anymore???? Other customer service says the furniture is in the warehouse but cannot be delivered??? That I have to wait a month. And for canceling my order I have to go to the store to do it. Worst Furniture Store in the whole US.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

In July of 18 I bought a sectional. The fabric is garbage and it pilled. All the seating areas and the ottoman pilled. It is in my living room that is mainly used by my husband. I don’t have small children. I contacted Ashley 5 months out of store warranty. They don’t cover pilling. It’s not a defect they said. Well then what is it? You're still selling this garbage in your store. They refused to even send someone out to look at it! I will never buy from this place again! This was a $2000 purchase. You would think pilling would be a defect.

Original review: Dec. 11, 2019

Back in Dec 2016 I spent close to 3500 on new furniture. The sales man convinced us that their warranty program would cover every type of damage. That is totally untrue. This warranty cost us 400.00. Ask to see this warranty on paper. Once they sell it to you, you get a copy of it. They say if their furniture needs replacing, you can get a new one from their store. A lot of this furniture is an only one type of style, and they do not longer make it, or have it in stock. Within 1 week we had to return a leather couch, and we had to return it twice because the nails were being punched thru the leather. Now 3 years later our electric recliner that cost me 1400 is splitting at the base of the wood, and they will not cover it. This warranty does not cover everything like the sales man says it does. I don't think I would recommend ASHLEY FURNITURE OR THE WARRANTY TO ANYONE!

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

Shopping in the store and purchasing my sleeper sofa was incredibly easy and relatively pleasant. Once they got my money the pleasantries subsided. The purchase was contingent on delivery by 12/20. I was assured that it was no problem. The sofa arrived to the warehouse quickly and we attempted to schedule a delivery date. Several of my available days did not work because I was working. We finally agreed upon a date on a Wednesday morning. I am a physician and cancelled my morning and scheduled my first appointment for 1:00 pm. The day before the delivery, I got a robocall telling me that my delivery would be between 11:30 and 2:45! When confronted about our arrangement they said that there was nothing that they could do. They clearly don't understand or care what morning is. I lost a half day of work and had to get the purchase refunded. I will never even walk into that store again and I suggest that you don't either.

Original review: Dec. 10, 2019

My husband and I bought a living room set from my step-daughter, who had purchased it a couple of years earlier. My stepdaughter and her husband didn't care for it, because of the "leather" material. After having it for several months, it bothered her husband and so they decided to buy a cloth set. Upon purchasing this set from my step-daughter, we were very pleased. It looked really nice. But, about a year after purchasing it, we started noticing what looked like "bubbling" in the back of the headrests on some of the recliners (mostly, those that we were using on a regular basis). It looked like the leather was somehow separating from whatever was beneath it. Before long, the bubbles started to tear, and it was very apparent that what we thought was "leather" was really "pleather" and not a very durable pleather at that.

Upon doing further research, we discovered that there was a lawsuit against Ashley for this very product, known as "Durablend." I'm not sure that we can collect anything, since we bought it second-hand, but it is very upsetting to know that a cheap product like this was sold for top prices (they paid a significant amount for the furniture with the impression that it was leather).

Recently, we decided to get rid of the crappy, ugly furniture. Out of the blue, we decided to go to Ashley Furniture. While looking at other sets there, I mentioned this issue to the salesman. He made no apologies, he acknowledged that they no longer sell that product, and didn't offer us any kind of deal or anything. You would think they would try to at least apologize and offer a small discount on another set, but he did not. Therefore, we did not buy furniture from them, nor will we ever buy anything from them in the future. Very disappointing.

Ashley Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A large selection of affordable quality designs. Shop online or in one of their 600 stores across the United States.

• High-tech fabrics: Durapella® and Duraplush™ are made from durable and stain-resistant polyester suede.

• Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty on frames, varying warranties on cushions, springs, sleeper mechanisms, leather and upholstery.

• Shipping: Standard shipping and in-home delivery options.

• Returns: Eligible items may be returned if unused and with original parts and accessories.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs