2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.0/5 (1736 ratings)

About Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

Pros

• Price matching
  • Large variety
  • Affordable
  • Room Builder tool

Cons

• Short return period
  • Pay for assembly

Bottom Line

Ashley Furniture sells affordable furniture available in varying colors, styles and materials. Consumers like its price-matching program, discounts and variety.

Top Ashley Furniture Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… very professional and helpful. Highly recommend. They both showed us various choices and made our decision very easy. Chris met us as soon as we came in the door and answered al...

Verified

My Sales rep Ms. J. determined the type of mattress suited for my body and health needs via technology … Ms. J. was able to locate and have the mattress delivered the next day! .....

About Ashley Furniture

At Ashley Furniture, shoppers can find furniture ranging from entryway benches to duvets and pillow shams to outdoor fire pits. Many products are available in a variety of colors and textures. Online, customers can use the Room Builder tool to visualize how selected furniture will fit in a space. Ashley Furniture features the following departments:

• Living room
  • Home decor
  • Rugs
  • Lighting

Ashley Furniture prices

Ashley Furniture is known for its economical pricing and is popular for its frequent discounts. The price of Ashley Furniture products varies based on the selected product and its delivery and assembly method. In-store and online shoppers can choose regular doorstep delivery or premium delivery, which includes furniture assembly. For online shoppers, the company offers free shipping on thousands of items.

The company has a price-matching program for identical products with lower prices from six major retailers, though some restrictions apply. Ashley Furniture also has a price adjustment guarantee that allows price adjustments up to 30 days after a qualifying purchase.

Shoppers can apply for special financing from the company’s finance partners with approved credit. Terms range from six months to 72 months. Exclusions and restrictions may apply.

Ashley Furniture FAQ

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?
Ashley Furniture is designed for budget-conscious customers and offers reasonable quality at an affordable price.
Does Ashley Furniture give discounts?
Yes, Ashley Furniture gives discounts in-store and online. The company offers discounts around certain holidays, and you can often find discount codes to use for online purchases. The company’s website occasionally offers deals that do not require a discount code.
Does Ashley Furniture give refunds?
Products can be returned within 30 days with the purchase receipt. Defective items are replaced.
Is Ashley Furniture real wood?
Ashley Furniture pieces are made with engineered wood, a product that contains cellulose fibers and synthetic resin. The engineered wood is stable, millable and durable and takes paint well. Engineered wood is flat, smooth and dense and resists warping, cracking and splitting.

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?

Ashley Furniture sells durable, stylish and affordable furniture for people's homes, outdoor spaces and offices. The company doesn’t use solid wood on many of its furnishings, but the engineered wood product the company does use is eco-friendly and can withstand normal wear and tear. We recommend Ashley Furniture for its wide selection of materials and designs, affordability and price-match guarantee.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Steve ** was our salesperson. He gave us a tour of things we were interested in. We were only looking at ideas but because of steve he helped in every way possible, not pushing a sale as most salesmen do. He was giving us answers as lf we were prince Diana and Charles. L was so enthused with him l want the whole world to know just how lucky we were to have gotten him as our salesmen. When lt was time to pay l totally forgot about the price limit on my card and the sweetest lady just all smiles had to fix the issue. Her name was Dawn. L am a salesperson as well and l learned a lot from him that night!!! I believe both of them enjoy their jobs. Lt takes a lot to continue when the day ls wrapping up but you would never know the store was closing with their personalities. Lt was like they were beginning their day not closing!! I must say this was a great experience and l will be back to see them in my near future

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

We shopped around at EVERY furniture store available more than once and ended back up at Ashley's. After diligently shopping, we found the perfect everything for us! We purchased a living room set, 2 bedroom sets, mattresses, dining set, desk & tables for all. It was a big purchase for us and we were very leary about any sales pitch we may get. From the time we walked in we met Lillian ** (Douglasville) who walked us through (without hounding us) & worked with us on EVERY item. We love the quality and style of every item we choose and look forward to the premium delivery and set up of them all this weekend, and a few coming in a few weeks. We will without a doubt return to Ashley's for any other upcoming furniture purchases. The manager Keiron ** was also very professional and accommodating. No doubt 5 stars for our experience! Thank you Ashley Team!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: March 30, 2021

I had planned on purchasing my first new sofa and recliner and went to Ashley Furniture. Ashley K. From the Baxter, MN store was of great assistance with purchasing my McCade Cobblestone Reclining Sofa and Lazy Boy Recliner. She asked me the questions to quickly narrow down to a couple options. Ashley was great with providing guidance for colors to coordinate with my flooring. We are very pleased with the comfort, price, and the colors. Larger purchases like these are generally quite stressful for me but Ashley turned this into a positive experience and so pleased with my purchase. I would not hesitate to go back to the Baxter store and ask for Ashley K. The furniture and service was outstanding.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I purchased a Queen Flynnter 7 piece Bedroom set on 11/29/2020 from the Catonsville MD store, the store Sales Rep. customer service was excellent, his product knowledge was outstanding. He took the time to make sure I was getting the BEST deal for my purchase, I did ask for his Manager to let her know what an AMAZING job her employee had done. Prior to coming in I had been to 3 other furniture stores and I was very dissatisfied with their services. Upon completion of the sales, I was given all necessary paperwork pertaining to my recent purchase, I was told when to expect delivery.

When it came within a couple of weeks of my expected delivery date, I was contacted by Ashley Furniture with a more accurate time window. When my furniture arrived to the warehouse I was called once again to schedule a delivery date. I was scheduled a delivery date, the warehouse department called me the day before to give me a time window, prior to arriving to my house, I was sent a text message 10 minutes prior to the delivery guys arriving! The 2 gentlemen who delivered my purchase was very professional & courtesy. They neatly bought all my pieces in my house up to the bedroom, they were quick with putting together the headboard, footboard & frame. I was ask how I wanted the bedroom to be set up and once the job was completed I was then asked to look over all items to ensure they were satisfactory to me, I stated I was very pleased!

One of the gentlemen then stated to me he had to take pictures of all the items after being delivered and set up to verify I received everything in great condition. My overall experience was OUTSTANDING! I would recommend the Ashley Furniture Store in Catonsville MD location. If I should ever want to purchase more furniture in the future I would surely consider going back to Ashley Furniture Due to the COVID19 pandemic the whole process took 10 weeks, I was told after making the purchase it would be 8 to 12 weeks. I received the services I expected!

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I have been shopping at Ashley furniture for the past 25 years because I like the quality of their furniture and how long it lasts. When I was younger I couldn't afford to buy furniture of this quality so I shopped at stores like Value City and the pleather would wear within a year. Also the wood chipped much faster. As you get older you don't want to have to replace your furniture as frequently so you want to purchase something more durable. To this day I tell all my friends who come over and compliment me on my furniture, how satisfied I am with the quality of my furniture and I would recommend them to anybody!

Original review: Oct. 20, 2021

Salesman set delivery dates then kept pushing them back. When asked for refund he has been difficult and noncooperative. My next step is to go to managers, but from online reviews I’ve read that won’t be helpful. Worst buying experience I’ve ever had. I won’t buy again at Ashley Homestore.

Original review: Oct. 18, 2021

I purchased a leather couch sectional, 2 end tables & a T.V. Console. Every single item had damage. Upon delivery the metal locking mechanisms were bent On the end seat of the sofa. The technicians stretched out the leather on the footrest trying to secure the chair to another. Ashley’s promised to repair it. They have sent me ripped leather & the wrong parts on numerous occasions. I have asked for supervisors with no response & I have rearranged my schedule 6 times to be home for delivery or repair service only to be to told that the last technician stated the footrest was of “Showroom” condition & they were closing my case!

Original review: Oct. 17, 2021

Hands down this is the worst furniture store ever....Where is Levitz (the best furniture company I ever shopped with)? Ashley Furniture is all about making money not about satisfaction of customers. They will tell you what you want to hear and show you what you want. However they don't have it in stock...something they neglect to tell you until you have paid them. I ordered a bed back in the beginning of September and after payment I was told they don't have all the pieces in stock and it will delay my delivery. Seriously...What the hell type of rubbish is that?

After 2 weeks of hearing nothing from them, I called and called and no one answered the phone. On hold for 30 plus minutes and still no live representative. I had to drive all the way out to the store and ask them what is the problem and when will I get my stuff? Or do I need a refund? Upon hearing refund, it is funny how my order would be shipped out within a week. I received it last week. Stupid me tried them out again during their 50% + additional 5% (55%off) total sale and picked out a couch set last weekend. It was due to be delivered today (7 days later)....

However upon delivery time the driver informed me that he only had one piece to the couch set and that customer service should have called and informed me of the partial delivery. They never called me and I agreed to taking the partial delivery until they opened the box and the wrong color couch was inside. The driver immediately called the warehouse and I could hear them clear as day on speaker phone telling the driver that what they delivered is what I ordered and I told the driver she is lying cause I have pictures of what I had ordered and paid for. I showed the driver the pictures and he shook his head and apologized. The driver told me that someone from customer care would call me shortly....and that was 3 hours ago and I am still waiting for that call.

Within 20 minutes of him stating that and pulling off with the wrong order, I called customer service myself and encountered a rude representative who had the audacity to ask me "Well what do you want me to do about this situation?" I informed him that he has done absolutely nothing to help me and I will get in my car and take the 20 minute freeway drive to the store. I put gas in my car and hopped on the freeway and headed straight for the Fairfield store. The manager at the store immediately took the side of the warehouse until she got on the phone and someone set her straight that what was sent out was not the correct color and that the customer is correct about the situation in regards to color and that if they got the order right in the first place all pieces would have been delivered today.

The manager then stated that I have to wait for the drivers to finish their other deliveries and get back to the warehouse and process the return and then my order can be processed for delivery....(when will that be?) That is a whole crock of hooey!!!! I didn't accept the order and the warehouse was aware of the situation and that the furniture was put back on the truck for return. So I will be waiting for who knows how long. I will never ever buy anything else from Ashley Furniture, they are selling stuff that they do not have in stock, can't deliver on time nor deliver the correct order. They do not answer your phone calls either, you have to actually physically walk in to the store where you made your purchase to have someone actually do something. Hands down this store is for the birds....and I am talking the birds from H..E..double hockey sticks!!!

I will never in my life purchase anything from Ashley Furniture in Fairfield, California. I gave them 2 chances and they screwed up both times. This is unacceptable and I urge others to think wisely and check options before shopping with Ashley....They also just lost a four thousand dollar order from someone I referred due to this fiasco. They were present with me during the purchase and delivery and upon me leaving the store with no compensation or definitive time of delivery they called in and cancelled and asked for a refund. Be very careful shopping with these scamming sharks. If I could leave a double negative star I would. I hate that I have to give them a star in order to leave review and inform others to be cautious and aware when shopping with these scamming sharks that are full of the filthiest of filthy rubbish.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2021

This was our first visit to Ashley (Henderson, NV) and we were in the middle of purchasing more than $2,500 worth of furniture with a salesman and the manager comes by and threatens to throw us out of the store (in the middle of the sale) because we weren't wearing a face diaper. Very poor form, to say the least, and left a very bitter taste of our first experience. We'll be shopping other furniture stores in the future.

Original review: Oct. 15, 2021

A plastic part for the recliner broke and the service companies they directed me to either didn't service my area or only handled products still on warranty. The chair is only two years old and they can't help me to repair it. Product support is really bad. There's no one to really help in this area, you may get a good price on the furniture but good luck when it breaks.

Ashley Furniture Company Information