1.10/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2641 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

Ashley Furniture doesn't deliver on time and their no cancellation policy is horrible, please read on to know more. I ordered a Sectional Sofa and a Dining Table with Chairs on the first week of October 2018 at the Ashley Home Furniture store, Manassas, VA. I was given an expected delivery date to their distribution center (Hope Fredericksburg, VA) of 11/1/2018. I paid for the order only after making sure the expected delivery date is something reasonable. Money for the order is deducted within days of placing the order from my card. I didn't get any call from them in the first week of November for delivery, when inquired through email I got a shocking reply from their Distribution Center that ordered items are being delayed and expected to be in the distribution center on 11/30/2018, a new about 120% delayed expected date.

I requested them to cancel my order and refund my money, I got a reply that they do not have a cancellation policy and I need to contact the store manager to deal with it. For my first call someone in the store told that the manager is busy. He would call me next day. No call for the whole next day. I called them a day after I'm supposed to have been called, (that was a Saturday morning). After talking to two different individuals and a long wait the manager came on call and was talking tough. He told me I have to wait or come to the store to pick up some other furniture, which may also never going to be delivered.

Finally he told me that he would check with the merchant of the product I ordered to expedite the shipping and he told he would give me a call the following Monday to update, he hasn’t called me yet. If I call the store the calls are directly going to voicemail and no return of my call even if I leave voicemail. My money is still with them and I'm thinking about my next steps to get the money back. You can private message me if you have any questions about my experience. Hope everyone will think twice before choosing Ashley for their furniture needs after reading this. Thanks.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2018

This company is terrible! They ordered the wrong mattress for us because their signs were mixed up. The wrong mattress was delivered and when we went back to the store they realized they mixed up the signs and the manager told me she would make sure the correct mattress would be delivered in two days. She promised the right one was in stock at the Portland warehouse. When the mattress didn’t arrive today I called the store and was told the manager would be in in an hour and she would call me back. Three hours later she had not called back. When I called the store again I was transferred to the corporate office and they were unwilling to fix the problem. When I asked to speak to a manager at corporate I was told they were too busy to return my calls. Terrible customer service from the store to the top. Save your money and buy from someone else. This company is a joke.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Nov. 19, 2018

I should have refused the order. First, they scheduled a delivery between 11- 3 pm, but showed up at 9:00 am. Wasn't quite ready, but made it work. The headboard was damaged in (2) places, including the corner post being completely broken. Obviously, the furniture wasn't strapped down in the truck, because the dresser was also broken. Which I didn't notice until I tried to put clothes in the drawer and the drawers won't close. I have been calling for a week. It takes 30 + minutes of waiting to get through and then they give you ** about returning the furniture. "Someone will call you". NO ONE CALLS. THEY HOPE YOU"LL JUST GO AWAY. I will get satisfaction, but NEVER, NEVER again will I purchase from this company.

Original review: Nov. 18, 2018

It started with not disclosing total price. I should have know then!! Furniture was delivered on October 20, 2018. My daughter's bed was sent back because of scratches and scuff marks as well as the bed was uneven, bed rails mounted on same holes and bed was still on a decline. Then my king size storage bed, with 4 drawers below, 3 of the glides were broken. So as per customer service that same day, said they would send out new glides then they will contact a tech to install them... tic tok tic tok. More than several call to customer service and to the Carle Place NY store no calls, no guilders, no calls for store manager. But I did receive my bill. Go ** figure. Buyer beware... As of almost a month later 11/18/18, not a thing. Still can't use my other 3 drawers.

Original review: Nov. 17, 2018

(Delivery day) The delivery men arrived at my home to bring a living room set. When they 1st came in with the 1st piece they was pushing my storms door back like if they was trying to break it. I ask them to move so I can unhook the springs from the door sign... So I fix that problem for them. While they proceeded to bringing the couch through the door the delivery man lost his shoe because his shoes wasn’t tied tightly... So after he put the shoe on they proceeded to lift the couch. The other man lost his grip. The whole couch hit the pouch railing flew off the porch. But let me reminding you I just purchase my home 10 days of the Delivery.

Now Ashley Furniture is trying to get out of paying for the damage because they had a third-party to deliver my furniture. So they’re telling me they have nothing to do with the damage. Be careful. They will keep on ask you did you sign a no fault damage form. Who and hack would sign a form like that? NO ONE. So now I have to file court papers just to get my property fix.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

November 1st, we bought several pieces of furniture we paid cash for. This was during the Veterans Day sale, which we're still waiting for most to be delivered. Now, the same items are $699 for the same sale. I went to the store to explain this hoping I could get some satisfaction but the owner's explanation wasn't making any sense to me so had to leave. I'm a Veteran and all I wanted was the same price everyone else got. Instead, the rest of our furniture won't be here until November 21.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

Do not buy anything from these guys, they will treat you like dirt! We purchased a brand new washer and dryer and a couch. First, the couch. It came to us with scrapes, scratches and nicks. I understand that during transport this might happen, but we did not expect to wait 3 months for this to be resolved. New couch, can't use it. Onto the washer/dryer. When we purchased the front loading units, we were never asked which way we want the doors to open, they knew we were going to stack them and still sent us ones that open in different directions. When we asked for a new washer so that both doors opened to the same side, the fun began.

They denied a new one over and over again, so now in a small condo where every square cm counts, we have to do Cirque du Soleil just to get laundry done. Then onto their "installation". We paid extra to have them "install" the washer/dryer (we don't own any tools or tilters, no space in the condo), well about a month later the plumbers from the condo showed up and said there is a leak and it might be coming from our unit. Sure enough, the "installers" didn't even tighten the hoses on properly and we got slapped with a $500 plumbing bill. The washer had been leaking for a month onto our slate floor, permeating through all the way into the underground garage.

Luckily we were on the bottom floor... This is all over a course of 6 months, having spent over $5000 we thought the products would be quality, which they are not and at least we thought the customer service would be understanding and helpful, they were far from that. I would not recommend this store to anyone, which is shameful because they are a Canadian based company, that was the main reason we went there. Boy oh boy was that a mistake we can't undo. Hope this helps!

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

We ordered our furniture on August 26th, it’s been over TWO months and we still do not have resolution to these issues. We are fed up and disgusted at the lack of attention to solving these issues by Ashley Furniture. First of all, when the furniture was delivered, the Chaise was MISSING. We were never informed ahead of time that it wouldn’t be delivered. We had to take off yet ANOTHER day of work for it to be delivered. When it was delivered, it was missing the CORD for it to recline and the stitching was damaged. They scheduled someone to come out and “FIX” the stitching and bring the cord. They came. Could NOT fix the stitching and did NOT bring the cord! The cord was then MAILED - cord shows up, it doesn’t work. We call again because NO ONE followed up to tell us how they will fix the stitching issue and now the chaise doesn’t work at all. Oh and in the meantime, the recliner falls apart!

We are told that they will mail a replacement cover for the chaise and they will look at the recliner when someone comes out to install the cover. We call back when the cover comes to schedule yet ANOTHER day off of work for them to install the cover and fix the recliner. We get a call the morning OF the scheduled appointment to say the person called out sick…ARE YOU KIDDING ME? We reschedule for the following week – NO CALL, NO SHOW!!! I called back AGAIN and was told to email pictures, I do so that Monday 10.29.

I hear nothing so I follow up AGAIN. They expressed you didn’t receive anything. So I again, send the email and pictures. The furniture was NEVER delivered in perfect condition, we have had serious issues with the service department, delivery, repair etc. We also paid a lot of money for a warranty but yet are getting the runaround! The worst furniture buying experience in 30 years. 3 months later, still no resolution. The MANAGERS don't even return your calls. I am considering go to 7 On Your Side and taking this to the media.

Original review: Nov. 16, 2018

This is, by far, THE WORST experience l have ever had buying furniture. From the salesman ordering the wrong beds, to price changes, to the shipping department (a contracted dispatch service) being disconnected and having conflicting information from the warehouse and the store. I ordered 5 beds and 2 dressers. The 1st delivery was delayed by 5 days and was without 1 bed, 1 dresser and hardware for 1 drawer. When the final bed arrived (3 weeks later) the headboard was damaged. I was promised it would be replaced in 48 hours. Today l was told it would be another 4 days. Customer service is a JOKE at the local store. I WILL NEVER do business with Ashley Furniture again. I wish l could sue.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

Ordered the sofa, loveseat, coffee table and side tables from Ashley furniture. Requested the delivery. However, they registered it as a pickup. Mistake understandable if when the items were ready to pick they would have called to inform the status. However, we did not receive any call and when we called back and followed up they updated the system. Net result the delivery of the furniture expected more than a month later after the payment was received by them. Be very careful with them. Repeatedly told us that it will be delivered, explained to us the terms and condition of delivery however did not handle it right. Highly disappointed about not able to receive the furniture on time.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I bought a coffee table and within 3 months of having it the vernier on one side started lifting. I contacted Ashley which gives you a 1 year guarantee on all of their furniture. They said I needed to send pictures of the damage. I did and it took me 3 follow ups before they finally called back just to tell me that their supervisor determined that we caused it to happen by hitting the table! And it is not covered. Are you kidding me right now!! We don't even have any children. We are retired adults. That was such an untrue statement. We don't abuse our furniture. Never have. I am so upset right now. They sell poor quality furniture and don't stand by it at all. Do yourself a favor. Save some money and never shop at Ashley Furniture. They don't even stand by what they sell. They would rather blame the consumer than their manufacturers.

Original review: Nov. 15, 2018

I purchased a couch, that upon delivery, realized that it was too big to fit in my townhouse. In good faith, I purchased a smaller couch, and a coffee table, which left me with a balance of approximately $289.00. I requested a refund of the balance. I was told that the corporate office would have to approve a refund. After two weeks, and the absolute worst customer service that I have ever received anywhere...I was told that they would only issue a store credit!!!

Where is the ** humanity?!? So now, in a townhouse that was too small for one couch, I now have to fill up with furniture that I don't need because Ashley Furniture has an illegal, no refund policy?!? I will never, ever shop at Ashley Furniture again!!! The corporate office is cold, and unfair, and the retail stores treat its customers with absolute disrespect, because they know that regardless of whether or not they're satisfied...they will not get their money back. You can only steal people's money once, Ashley Furniture...you will never get repeat business. Disgusting!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2018

I purchased the Zavier power wide seat recliner. Was told it had to be ordered and would be available in 3 weeks. Pick up date came and went... No call from Ashley about any delays. I called one week after date and was told of delay. They offered an apology and free delivery... But had to wait 2 more weeks for available delivery time. Chair was delivered and was missing a part. I called. They ordered the part and had it sent to me. FedEx attempted delivery while I was at work...so had to arrange alternate pick up. I got the missing part and now had to wait another two weeks for a technician to come fix chair. That was scheduled for today...and technician called in sick.

Now I have to wait again. It has now been 2 months since my purchase and I still can't use the chair. Customer service doesn't care. They just keep making excuses for their lack of available help. I have not been offered a partial refund nor compensation for their problems. They just expect me to keep waiting for them. Since I can't use chair yet, I can't even determine if there are any other issues with it. So frustrating. Moral of the story read the reviews on their poor customer service and shop elsewhere.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2018

My sales rep told me that according to my measurements the sectional I wanted wouldn't fit unless I get fewer pieces. When it arrived it was way to small for the area and I called the sales rep to tell him that the original pieces would have been perfect and I wanted to change my order back to what I originally wanted. He told me that because I accepted receipt of the pieces that I have the order can't be changed. I could only order another piece which, of course, would be more than my original purchase. When the new piece arrived it was defective. My experience with the customer service team can be summed up with a "sorry about that, but oh well" attitude. This is the last purchase I will ever make at Ashley. I do not recommend this organization if service, integrity, and quality are important to you.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

My wife and I chose the dining room set with ZERO help from the sales staff. They were more than happy to run my card and see us on our way. A few days later Ashley called to tell us our dining set was in. I called that evening to give them a heads up I was coming to pick it up. (The Milwaukee Brewers were in the playoffs and there was virtually no one in the store, as the District Manager later informed me). The person who answered the phone, Ella, said that no one was around to bring my table and chairs to the dock! I asked her if she was willing to help? She told me she didn’t know how and I should call back tomorrow! I questioned who was available to help and she refused to give any assistance. I was told the GM was unavailable and to call back tomorrow. I asked her if I canceled my order would it make a difference? She could have cared less. Clearly too lazy to care, probably watching the Brewers.

I called the District Manager who was actually on the dock loading furniture! She had no explanation as to why the staff refused to bring my order to the dock. She said she would look into it. I told her I needed the set as I was hosting a dinner party in two days. She offered delivery with no guarantee when the truck would arrive. Really? Again... priorities??? I told her I would rearrange to borrow a trailer and get it myself. Upon arrival, I informed the dock employee that I would be unable to back the trailer all the way to the door as I am I inexperienced in driving a trailer. He made a snide comment under his breath, of which I only heard a portion. I asked him to repeat what he said and he walked away.

Upon assembling the chairs, half of them were damaged. I called the DM again and she said she would tell the GM to have new chairs assembled and waiting for me. Again, I had to make another trip with a borrowed trailer. Upon arrival at the store, I went to the front counter and asked for my chairs. The sales person had NO idea what I was talking about. She pulled up my order and there were NO notes regarding the damaged or replacement chairs. She called the DM who did not pick up. I left absolutely furious.

Minutes later, the DM called me and said the chairs were indeed at the store. At this point I insisted that she deliver them. All of this nonsense must fall on the general manager for hiring people who simply don’t care, and on him for not communicating to his staff the importance of getting the product to me. The DM offered a gift card for my troubles... as if I will ever go back!!!! There are many places to shop for furniture. Do your research before you go. Ashley only cares about getting your money. After they’ve run your card, forget it. You simply no longer matter. NEVER AGAIN!!! Zero stars.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2018

Brought leather sofa and chair. Chair started peeling 6 months later. Looks like chair was spray painted with some extremely thin material. Contacted the store and they gave me runaround and denied replacement. Six month later the sofa started peeling and within a few months it was a third of material gone and it was rarely sat on. We gave up with company and brought new chair somewhere else. Terrible customer service and shame on them selling fake materials. Sounds like fraud.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Ordered a Queen Sleeper sofa online with JCPenney. My husband is terminally ill with brain cancer. We needed a good deal and a sleeper sofa in a hurry for family and a caregiver. Website says ETA 9/28 in stock. Received email stating will ship 9/20. No sofa. Called customer SVC. Ashley now states an issue in mfg. 11/7 new delivery date. No sofa. Called again new date 11/28. Called corporate. Got run around. They now say 11/24. My husband is ill, we cannot wait. This is not okay!!! Will be spreading this news.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

Ashley HomeStore on St. Croix U.S.V.I. Manager/Owner is a scam artist. He only cares about making money, NOT customer satisfaction. Elderly customers are very easy targets. Me & my husband both retired, saved money and bought a $999 firm mattress for my chronic back pain and osteoporosis. The mattress was delivered the next day. After three months it fell apart. Upon notifying the store manager/owner, we were told that he needed to come out to the house to inspect the mattress (NO PROBLEM). If the store was at fault, we would get a NEW MATTRESS. He stated he would be there in the next few days. After constantly calling and going by the store (2 weeks) we finally got him to come and inspect the mattress. He stated that the mattress indeed was not stable and we would receive a NEW MATTRESS within (3 DAYS)... YOU MAY HAVE GUESSED. No mattress.

After more constant calling (2 weeks) I went to Consumer Affairs. YES, he sent a mattress, the wrong ONE LATE IN THE EVENING. The warehouse called later that evening. No sorry but, that the delivery guy took the wrong mattress. They would deliver the correct mattress the NEXT MORNING. The next morning, NO mattress, NO call, nothing and we stayed home the whole day waiting. No show the next day. I finally went back to consumer affairs to request my money back, I did not trust them anymore. I'm told we will receive a refund. So for now I am putting my old mattress back on my bed with a board, until I can purchase a new ONE from the States. Definitely, never buy Ashley's again... Also warning family and friends about their shenanigans...

Original review: Nov. 10, 2018

This company is beyond disorganized. My furniture was supposed to be delivered in the morning, stop #2, I received an email 2 days prior stating it was changed to #13. I contacted the delivery department and the rep was rude. She was laughing at the fact that now I have to change my plans and wait around until 7pm but she would still try and have them bump it up and would call me back the next day. I never received a call from her. I called the store and spoke with a manager who emailed the delivery department but they claimed they never received the email. She is placing a refund for the delivery charge. Tracking my delivery and they are at stop 14 when I am supposed to be 13. I called the delivery guy who said another 45 minutes. I then called the corporate office asking that I be contacted by a district manager. The customer service rep was rude, this company is everything that is ridiculous. I hope this review was informative.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Went in one evening with my Mom, wife and 14 month old baby. They had food and balloons. We were at some private sales event. Found a few pieces we liked so we asked our sales guy to price it out and give us a call with the prices. He had another customer at the time as well and the baby was being really fussy. He convinced us that the sale prices were for tonight only. If we leave the prices won't be the same. So we hung around took a while with a crazy toddler running around the store. He comes back with some prices that wasn't really a deal and all bundled together. I wanted the prices separate. So he went back and re figured and came back and it was more money than the first time on 2 items.

I said. "Not gonna work. I have to get my little boy home anyway. You can call me again after you look at prices 1 more time. I felt like I was buying a car. Just give me the lowest prices and let's do business." Later that night I got a text from my sales guy and it was basically the same price. I got online and checked and the prices they had advertised online were cheaper than the one they made me hang around for with the fussy baby and this BIG "sales event". They are a bunch of crooks. I'm beyond disappointed. That's not right and a little unethical. I will not be back and will be sure to tell everyone who will listen so they don't have to go through the same.

Original review: Nov. 9, 2018

Purchased a cabinet and it was faulty when they put it together. Have had 3 replacements all faulty. Their delivery is a joke. Lost a whole day of work waiting for delivery then they delivered 7 pm at night whilst we were in the middle of dinner so ended up getting a refund. Quality was extremely poor. Wouldn't recommend at all.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2018

Purchased table in July 2018, when received the table it was broken. After months of speaking to customer service they finally scheduled a repair. Fast forward to November 7th, 2018 - the date of our service call. Technician will arrive between 9 am - 1 pm. Received a call at 12:25 pm to cancel them and reschedule. Keep in mind I've taken the day off for this. Next available end of November. This company is ridiculous, the furniture is cheap, the salesperson lied to me about the credit inquiry - IT IS A HARD INQUIRY ON CREDIT REPORT... And still can't use my table! Think twice before purchasing anything from Ashley Furniture!

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

Our Wilcot Linen Sectional was delivered Oct. 25/18. We were immediately disappointed that the seat and back cushions were very lumpy and not square, the corner piece didn't match up when locked together, arms weren't filled or stitched properly, bottom fabric at back wasn't sewn down, dark? Glue mark at corner of chaise and more. It is beyond me that Ashley Furniture can consciously sell this for $5000 CDN. We bought it on sale. We just sold a much cheaper furniture set from the Brick and it looked ten times better than this.

A furniture medic is supposed to be contacting us to "fix" it. NEW furniture at that price shouldn't need fixing! We would like to reorder it and inspect it before it is delivered to us. If it's terrible too, we will ask for a full refund and if they aren't willing to do that, we will go to the BBB. There is no reason that this sectional should look as bad as it does. It's not like we're changing our minds just to change our minds. We are not receiving the high quality product that we thought we were paying for.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

We got a whole bedroom set. Not even a year later, our mattress had a defect. Ashley took it back. But we had to get another mattress but they didn't have one in the price range we paid for the defected one so we got one for $400.00 cheaper. That one was defected too. So we went down to pick out another one. They had us lay on a bed and the computer will tell us what one we should get. So we did. $500.00 More. We got that. We this bed we have now, I can't sleep in. So I have a mattress I can't even sleep in. I went down and the manager told me they can't do anything. One even exchange. Wow. I was not impressed. Angry set in. Now I have a $2400 bed I can't sleep in. They don't care.

Original review: Nov. 5, 2018

We bought living room set from Ashley 2013. Took out extended Warranty tried to make claims said was not covered only if our dog had damaged property. Both pieces started peeling called consumer affairs sent pictures and copies but again not covered. Pretty sad that you pay $1800 for set and nothing can be done when we tried to make claims. Will never purchase this brand or from Ashley again.

Original review: Nov. 4, 2018

Horrible customer service. Bought a living room set, also purchased extended warranty. 2 yrs old and a nail came through the frame, tore apart the leather. Started a warranty claim through extended warranty. Guess what? Not covered. Manufacturing defect. Called Ashley. Denied any assistance. 15 emails later, they will send me the material, I would need to pay to have it installed. Oh, and I must also pay repairman to fix frame. They agreed it's warranty but only parts covered... They don't stand behind their product. Buyer beware.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2018

Ordered dining table set for $2,000 first half of October, partial delivery a week later, then chairs delivered via regular mail and had to be assembled despite when initial purchase assembly was included (a good quality furniture will not arrive with assembly needed). When I saw it for the first time I saw it was brown, when I ordered gray. Not on the showroom floor, not on the pictures online, NOWHERE was there a brown version of the table I ordered. Since the product description was vague and could be interpreted either way, they would not allow me to return the product. I stated that I could screen capture their image and send a picture of what I got, but they said only their words not the pictures mattered. I was told I would receive a call back regarding a return, but of course I never did.

Original review: Nov. 2, 2018

On October 24, 2018, We purchased a dining room table and chairs, kitchen table and chairs, 4 end tables, a coffee table, a tv stand and a dining room hutch - nearly $5000 in total. Our tables and chairs were delivered soon after our purchase and one of the tables was scratched - first day of missed work. We were told Ashley would send someone out to repair the scratch, which they did, 2nd day of missed work. Our end tables, tv stand, and coffee table were scheduled for delivery and then rescheduled, and rescheduled and rescheduled - four times in total. Finally we received a call that our end tables and tv stand were to be delivered but when our tv stand arrived it was damaged and had to be reordered - third day of work missed.

Our coffee table finally arrived and was scheduled for delivery on October 31st. The driver arrived almost 3 hours late and right in the middle of trick or treating time. He said he was going to block traffic on our street and unload the table. When I told him he was not allowed to block traffic and that he would need to pull two houses down the street to park, he drove off without delivering my table. While leaving our neighborhood he drove the wrong way down a one way street - fourth day of missed work. When I called customer service, they were extremely rude and stated that the driver made a delivery attempt and that I told him he could not make the delivery. Their only remedy was to reschedule the delivery for November 6th, their next available delivery date.

After several calls trying to speak to a supervisor which I was told there was no supervisor available, I finally found the corporate number and spoke to someone in Consumer Affairs. After a lengthy argument my coffee table was delivered November 1st - 5th day of missed work. My TV stand has still not been delivered and I was told it would be available November 12th. I received a call today telling me it will now not be available until November 23rd. THIS IS BY FAR THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED!!! I don’t think even 0 stars is low enough to express my utter frustration with Ashley. This is my last purchase ever from this company!

Original review: Nov. 1, 2018

Ordered 3 separate items: Bed frame with head and foot board, large mirror, and a bed. Delivery date was made with a 3 hour delivery window given. Delivery truck came 1 1/2 hours past the time slot, bed rail was damaged in delivery because the driver didn't secure his load and it fell in transit. The delivery team left a pick up truck load of cardboard and Styrofoam inside my house, which I didn't see until after they were gone.

A replacement item was ordered for the damaged bed rail, with an additional 2 week wait. Found additional Styrofoam in the bedroom after delivery of the second bed rail. The large Mirror didn't show up and after a month I called the store and it had been delivered to their warehouse but no one had bothered to let me know. I picked it up at their location even though it was supposed to be delivered to my house. I politely presented my disappointment at the store and they informed me that someone from their management team would be contacting me. Of course that didn't happen, don't think they really care.

Original review: Oct. 30, 2018

On Wednesday October 24, 2018 my couch set was delivered defective. It had rips in the leather. The furniture was taken back on the truck and a new delivery date of Sunday the 28th was scheduled. The drivers called hours earlier than the scheduled delivery which was a little strange. So they bring the couch and one of the legs is significantly shorter than the other legs and the headrest on the chaise lounge is broken. The guy had not even reached my elevator when I noticed it. I called him back and he tried to fix the leg and the headrest but was unsuccessful so he called Customer Service and told them right in front of me. Then I spoke to the girl and she says "It's Okay. We will send over a technician to fix it. Someone will call you to arrange this."

I was foolish enough to believe it and needless to say I got played and when customer service did call they told me that it was my responsibility. I cannot express to you how outraged I was and I called them and told them so, to no avail. Why should a new couch need to be fixed? I have not even had the pleasure of sitting on it one time! This company has got to be stopped. They should not be allowed to treat people in this fashion. If they do not resolve this matter I am going to need to hire a lawyer. They basically robbed me of $2000 and have no intention on rectifying this. I am still waiting for a manager by the name of Rhodi which is likely a bogus name given to me by an associate Nyeem, who said he understood but was still trying, unsuccessfully to rectify what I believe is a scam.

To date I have not heard from anyone as promised. I'm giving them 24 hours more and I will be contacting the News and Help Me Howard and whomever else will put these people on blast. Lesson learned... READ THE REVIEWS BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING FROM AN ESTABLISHMENT. THIS COMPANY HAS ALL 1 STAR RATINGS!

Ashley Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A large selection of affordable quality designs. Shop online or in one of their 600 stores across the United States.

• High-tech fabrics: Durapella® and Duraplush™ are made from durable and stain-resistant polyester suede.

• Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty on frames, varying warranties on cushions, springs, sleeper mechanisms, leather and upholstery.

• Shipping: Standard shipping and in-home delivery options.

• Returns: Eligible items may be returned if unused and with original parts and accessories.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs