2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.2/5 (1761 ratings)

About Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

Pros

• Price matching
  • Large variety
  • Affordable
  • Room Builder tool

Cons

• Short return period
  • Pay for assembly

Bottom Line

Ashley Furniture sells affordable furniture available in varying colors, styles and materials. Consumers like its price-matching program, discounts and variety.

Top Ashley Furniture Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… very professional and helpful. Highly recommend. They both showed us various choices and made our decision very easy. Chris met us as soon as we came in the door and answered al...

Verified

My Sales rep Ms. J. determined the type of mattress suited for my body and health needs via technology … Ms. J. was able to locate and have the mattress delivered the next day! .....

About Ashley Furniture

At Ashley Furniture, shoppers can find furniture ranging from entryway benches to duvets and pillow shams to outdoor fire pits. Many products are available in a variety of colors and textures. Online, customers can use the Room Builder tool to visualize how selected furniture will fit in a space. Ashley Furniture features the following departments:

• Living room
  • Home decor
  • Rugs
  • Lighting

Ashley Furniture prices

Ashley Furniture is known for its economical pricing and is popular for its frequent discounts. The price of Ashley Furniture products varies based on the selected product and its delivery and assembly method. In-store and online shoppers can choose regular doorstep delivery or premium delivery, which includes furniture assembly. For online shoppers, the company offers free shipping on thousands of items.

The company has a price-matching program for identical products with lower prices from six major retailers, though some restrictions apply. Ashley Furniture also has a price adjustment guarantee that allows price adjustments up to 30 days after a qualifying purchase.

Shoppers can apply for special financing from the company’s finance partners with approved credit. Terms range from six months to 72 months. Exclusions and restrictions may apply.

Ashley Furniture FAQ

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?
Ashley Furniture is designed for budget-conscious customers and offers reasonable quality at an affordable price.
Does Ashley Furniture give discounts?
Yes, Ashley Furniture gives discounts in-store and online. The company offers discounts around certain holidays, and you can often find discount codes to use for online purchases. The company’s website occasionally offers deals that do not require a discount code.
Does Ashley Furniture give refunds?
Products can be returned within 30 days with the purchase receipt. Defective items are replaced.
Is Ashley Furniture real wood?
Ashley Furniture pieces are made with engineered wood, a product that contains cellulose fibers and synthetic resin. The engineered wood is stable, millable and durable and takes paint well. Engineered wood is flat, smooth and dense and resists warping, cracking and splitting.

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?

Ashley Furniture sells durable, stylish and affordable furniture for people's homes, outdoor spaces and offices. The company doesn’t use solid wood on many of its furnishings, but the engineered wood product the company does use is eco-friendly and can withstand normal wear and tear. We recommend Ashley Furniture for its wide selection of materials and designs, affordability and price-match guarantee.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: March 30, 2021

I had planned on purchasing my first new sofa and recliner and went to Ashley Furniture. Ashley K. From the Baxter, MN store was of great assistance with purchasing my McCade Cobblestone Reclining Sofa and Lazy Boy Recliner. She asked me the questions to quickly narrow down to a couple options. Ashley was great with providing guidance for colors to coordinate with my flooring. We are very pleased with the comfort, price, and the colors. Larger purchases like these are generally quite stressful for me but Ashley turned this into a positive experience and so pleased with my purchase. I would not hesitate to go back to the Baxter store and ask for Ashley K. The furniture and service was outstanding.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I purchased a Queen Flynnter 7 piece Bedroom set on 11/29/2020 from the Catonsville MD store, the store Sales Rep. customer service was excellent, his product knowledge was outstanding. He took the time to make sure I was getting the BEST deal for my purchase, I did ask for his Manager to let her know what an AMAZING job her employee had done. Prior to coming in I had been to 3 other furniture stores and I was very dissatisfied with their services. Upon completion of the sales, I was given all necessary paperwork pertaining to my recent purchase, I was told when to expect delivery.

When it came within a couple of weeks of my expected delivery date, I was contacted by Ashley Furniture with a more accurate time window. When my furniture arrived to the warehouse I was called once again to schedule a delivery date. I was scheduled a delivery date, the warehouse department called me the day before to give me a time window, prior to arriving to my house, I was sent a text message 10 minutes prior to the delivery guys arriving! The 2 gentlemen who delivered my purchase was very professional & courtesy. They neatly bought all my pieces in my house up to the bedroom, they were quick with putting together the headboard, footboard & frame. I was ask how I wanted the bedroom to be set up and once the job was completed I was then asked to look over all items to ensure they were satisfactory to me, I stated I was very pleased!

One of the gentlemen then stated to me he had to take pictures of all the items after being delivered and set up to verify I received everything in great condition. My overall experience was OUTSTANDING! I would recommend the Ashley Furniture Store in Catonsville MD location. If I should ever want to purchase more furniture in the future I would surely consider going back to Ashley Furniture Due to the COVID19 pandemic the whole process took 10 weeks, I was told after making the purchase it would be 8 to 12 weeks. I received the services I expected!

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I love Ashley Furniture store because they give you constant updates on their furniture in stock and sales. There is always something new to review in their department store. Their furniture has many styles to choose from. I am very interested in their living room and bedroom offers. The cost is a little high but if you want great value then you must pay for what is going to last for years until you decide you want to redecorate your home. There are so many colors and options to your taste. You will probably stay in their store all day.

Original review: Nov. 27, 2020

There are three things that make Ashley Furniture the number one furniture store for me. Ashley Furniture has a wonderful, unparalleled level of customer service! From the time you step into their stores you are made to feel like a priority and very appreciated. Your every need is met, thoroughly. Their pricing is very competitive and allows for a wide cross section of income brackets to be able to purchase. Lastly, Ashley Furniture provides you with a variety of up-to-date, modern and trendy furniture. The quality is tops as well, always providing you with strong, sturdy and durable furniture.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I have been shopping at Ashley furniture for the past 25 years because I like the quality of their furniture and how long it lasts. When I was younger I couldn't afford to buy furniture of this quality so I shopped at stores like Value City and the pleather would wear within a year. Also the wood chipped much faster. As you get older you don't want to have to replace your furniture as frequently so you want to purchase something more durable. To this day I tell all my friends who come over and compliment me on my furniture, how satisfied I am with the quality of my furniture and I would recommend them to anybody!

Original review: July 18, 2021

Paid over $8K for a Tempur-pedic bed. Was told it would be delivered on Saturday, so I dismantled our bed and gave it away. The delivery and setup crew then told us they had no setup instructions and couldn't do the job. It's 5:30 on a Saturday! After hours of apologies and promises, still no complete bed, just boxes. Will never show Ashley Furniture again! Buyer beware!!

Original review: July 18, 2021

The Ashley Furniture store in North Brunswick NJ is horrible. The staff is rude and they lack customer service. I am waiting for furniture from 4/2021. I don't advise anyone to buy from here. We were told basically do not call for your furniture when it gets here we will call you. The furniture had an incorrect address and has been rescheduled numerous times. Had they let us call in check in on our purchase we probably could have caught the mistake.

Original review: July 18, 2021

I was getting 6 dining chairs. It was too expensive on the store. They charge $900 + 110 for delivery for 6 chairs and I got them online for 1/2 price with free delivery. I don’t buy any more on the store.

Original review: July 17, 2021

Humble store, salesperson Mario, I specifically asked if item was in stock and available prior to purchase. Was told item was in stock so I made purchase on June 3rd, was told item to be delivered on June 10th, no delivery then told 14th, no delivery, spoke with Mario. He said he would call back by end of day, no call. Today 17th, went into store to be told item might be in on July 30th, they would let me know. How about letting me know you will pay me interest on my funds that you are holding. Warning to all, this company practices deceptive trade practices. They should give customer option as to whether they wish to wait on merchandise 5-10 weeks. Not promise something knowing that you will not deliver.

Original review: July 16, 2021

We ordered Sommerford Dining Set with Ashley online furniture. The dining table was OK but the chairs were pathetic, to say the least. One of the chair legs was missing and the other chair had some orientation issue. When we requested replacing the items they are not even responding to our calls properly. I waited on the calls for more than 1-h and with multiple call transfers and they did not even respond to our calls properly and addressing our plight. This is such pathetic behavior... After not much success, we went to the store and requested for some service person to take a look and they've mentioned to us rudely that "it's not their issue (as we purchased online) and they can only take care of store orders". We called the agents for cancellation and for that we need to pay the postage shipping fees (which itself cost ~$250-300$). We got stuck with this scrap and waiting for the proper solution...

Ashley Furniture Company Information