Ashley Furniture

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

First of all, their floor employees are trained on the hard sell and that's about it. They're not knowledgeable about the products or the sales or discounts. Our first purchase in 2015 was a sectional and ottoman. After going through all the pricing options and "If discount 1, then price a... If discount 2, then price b... If you use 1 you can do x amount with no interest... yadda yadda" she goes to ring us up and OH! Turns out you CAN add an extra chair to this sectional afterall... Let's start over! Whatever... We've had it about a year and a half now and the pillows are lopsided and there is a tear in the seam of one of the cushions. The ottoman is all pilly and looks about ten years old.

Last week, we finally decided to splurge on a new bed since we'd had the couch paid off for about 6 months. Our mattress has been causing me pain and it was needed ASAP. The sales guy hovered over us making it extremely awkward for us to be testing mattresses and having any sort of discussion about it. When we agreed to go for the mattress, he didn't even mention that pillows are 25% with the purchase, even though he'd heard us mention we liked them. We asked him about the President's Day "Buy a Mattress, Get a Bed!!" sale sign. "I don't even know... We can ask up front." Of course he didn't ask... I had to after he had her start ringing everything in.

We did end up ordering a frame and we were given an estimated delivery date of 2/17. Perfect! I have people coming to stay and see the house on the 18th! Can't wait to show off my new bed set! Had to call today to ask why we haven't been contacted with a delivery date and were told the frame wouldn't be in until March. "Backorder," they say! After reading reviews here, is anything ever NOT on backorder? WTF. We have a queen right now and upgraded to king...

I guess we'll just sleep on the floor for a month like animals since we'll have no frame. I could order the same damn thing on Wayfair right now and have it next week. Ohh, they'll put a rush on it, they say. "Hopefully next week!" they say. Give me a break. "It's built here!" I'm sure. The simple fact that they are able to "waive" and "discount" so many of their little fees and prices here and there to make you feel special tells you how much they overcharge for their mediocre products. This bed set will be the last thing we buy from them. Fool me once, shame on you... Fool me twice...

I bought a set of couches from Ashley's. What a waste of money. They told me it was real leather, LIARS!!! Couches are peeling and it looks horrible! Paid way over $2000. I'm very disappointed, DON'T BUY FROM THEM! Go somewhere else!

Ashley Furniture is the WORST customer service I've ever talked to. I called with a simple question about our power recliner loveseat... After 15-20 min of the associate... hmm... and popping her lips and mumbling to herself... she tells me that they have to order a part and then I will have to contact the store I purchased from to schedule a technician to fix it. The sales associates in store have more knowledge than the people working in customer service. There is no level of professionalism. The associated associates IN the store are great. Very patient and great with my mom. She loves the furniture. There is just a small technical problem. But will never buy from them again due to their customer service.

Here is the problem that I encountered with Ashley Tri-State. We ordered our bedroom set in king size - about 3 weeks ago. Last Thursday we received a call from an individual and not an automated voice, to confirm our delivery for Sunday. We asked to push it to Friday this week since we were both working on Sunday. I will keep saying "individual" throughout this because their Tri-State corporate office couldn't understand the difference between individual and automated. Kept saying it was automated like we are mistaken and morons and don't know the difference around 6-7 times. It was confirmed for this Friday delivery by the individual. So we both took the day OFF from our jobs to be home for delivery. Both work in healthcare so this is not an easy task to take off.

We received a call yesterday stating that the headboard was not in stock and the delivery would not be coming. I called to clarify and their corporate office said that they could not be held to the date since it was an automated message and not a person calling. When I was drawn into a back and forth argument about how it was an individual and not automated that we spoke to. Which yet again the back and forth argument was around 6-7 times which lasted for 5-6 minutes. Now we also corrected them TWICE in the last week about our township. They had the wrong town for delivery so our furniture would have been delivered 80 miles away. And god only knows how long to correct it and another day to weeks delay for delivery.

I then asked for the person I was speaking to supervisor. I then spoke to the manager. He tried saying the same exact thing as the previous person did. Then he said he would call the distribution center to clarify. And would call me in an hour. I HAD TO CALL HIM BACK. Because I never received a return call. I then was given the runaround about how now I would have to wait till THE END OF MARCH. For my bedroom set that I ordered in the beginning of January.

Then they offered to give a loaner headboard or choose a different set. So a loaner would require one day off for that delivery AS well as ANOTHER DAY OFF for the actual headboard delivery. And as to picking another set - that is bait and switch. What if the other set is more expensive? What if it's not the same quality. This feels like that. We bought during their deal of 0% interest for 36 months with equal payments, free delivery and set up as well as 5 year warranty. WOULD we receive that as well as an exact equal percentage amount of a discount we received on this set as part of their blowout sale. Example of -46% off.

I then told him that since I was lied to and that we took the day off I would be billing them for our time we were missing from our jobs in lost wages. Oh all of a sudden he will see what can be done... which was still NOTHING. How is this acceptable to have cop-out after cop-out Iike weasels and how is it acceptable to lie and then wait an extra 2 months. Ridiculous and reflects on the hq as well as corporate in Tri-State.

On Friday, February 3, 2017, your St. Louis stores were open until midnight. I arrived at the store at 2331 Highway K - O'fallon, MO 63368 - (636)542-9380 at approximately 11:15pm. I was there to purchase a leather sectional. One of the sales rep (**) showed us (my niece and her son was with me) the store's selection. During that time, the sales rep asked how did I want to pay for the purchase that I would be making. I told him I had an Ashley credit card and asked him to looked me up in the system to determine the amount of available credit. He and a clerk looked up the information and determined that I had $5500 available credit. The sales rep stated that I had more than enough to purchase a sectional.

I settled on a sectional by Lugoro because it was the right color for me and it seated more people. In the initial conversation about the sectional I asked if the $2349.99 visible price tag was for all of the pieces shown there in the floor model. I was told it did include all floor model pieces by ** and he also checked with another sales rep and she (I think her name was **) also confirmed that the price was for all of the pieces. My niece heard the same thing. We also discussed matching pillows that showed a price of $49.99 per pillow. I expressed that I wanted to purchase the sectional and 2 pillows.

Next we went to one of the desks containing a computer in order to get necessary information needed in order to purchase the sectional and two pillows. Afterwards, we proceeded to the cashier's desk to finish the process. One of the reps was present through most of the process. She validated what I was purchasing. Eventually the cashier quoted a price of $4980.12! I was shocked at the quote and asked her what was the price of the sectional. The salesperson standing there answered by saying the sectional was $3500. I stated that I thought I had been told by them that $2349.99 was the price for the sectional. She stated that there were additional pieces there and there was another price tag on the other side of the furniture to include the additional pieces. I stated that is not what I was told by them and they never showed me another price tag.

I reiterated that I did still want the sectional regardless of the miscommunication. ** was there at the desk at that time and marked off the sectional pieces and wrote a price of $3599.99 on the invoice in green ink. He also drew a diagram of how the sectional pieces would look after connecting them together. The woman sales person looked over what the cashier had calculated on the invoice and had her to correct an additional $399.99 for a 5 year correction plan that had been added to the invoice and asked to add 1 pillow to the invoice because she had charged me for 1 pillow instead of 2 pillows. The cashier made the corrections and put a copy of the invoice and protection plan in an envelope and gave it to me. We also discussed a delivery date. We left the store at about 12:45am.

The next day (2/4/17), I took out the paper work and looked it over. I discovered that I was not given the revised invoice, I was given the original one that needed correcting. I also questioned the $239.99 delivery charge. I phoned the store and spoke to ** who had been the cashier from the previous day. I reminded her of who I was and told her that I was not given the revised invoice. I also asked how were delivery prices determined. She said it depended on the number of shipped pieces of furniture. She said she would forward me the revised invoice via email in about 15 minutes. I thanked her and ended the conversation.

When I received the revised invoice I found a calculation that I had not agreed to when we revised the invoice on the night I purchased the furniture.

It is as follows: I was charged $89.97 for each couch pillow instead of the $49.99 on the price tag of the pillow in the store. We (me, my niece and **) also discussed the $49.99 price of the pillow.

I was also deeply disturbed when I learned that my niece (who was there with me that night) like the sectional so much that she called and had the store to text her a quote of the same sectional & number of pieces to share with her husband. The store did send the quote and to our surprise, I had been charged $100 more for both the protection plan and the delivery cost. I blacked out the identity of my niece in this email but I do have the original quote. This occurrence with your store has brought about great anguish and discuss as it relates to how Ashley furniture does business. I have purchased furniture from your franchise in the past and never experienced what I experienced at this store. Your prompt attention to this matter is greatly appreciated.

PS - I went back to the Ashley store tonight to cancel my order. I shared my concerns with **, the store manager. She admitted that the price of the pillows was not the right price. She offered to correct the matter by giving me the price for the pillows for the original sale price of $49.99. I also spoke to her about giving me one price for the sectional before I agreed to purchase it and charging me a higher price when I checked out. She said she showed my niece the $3599.00 price tag and explained to her that that price covered all pieces. She never approached my niece when we were discussing the sectional. My niece contends that ** never showed her a price tag displaying $3599.00 for the sectional. The larger question for me is why would she show the price to my niece when I was clearly the one purchasing the sectional.

I also shared my disappointment with the price of the protection plan and delivery fees. ** stated that those prices are based on the amount of money you spend for your furniture. In other words, the more money you spend the more you pay for delivery and for a protection plan. That sounds a lot like penalizing the consumer for spending higher amounts of money at your franchise. ** also offered to take $100 off of the protection plan and $100 off of the delivery charge. I declined her offer. She then charged me $400 to cancel the order. I asked her to put the fee on my Ashley card and she told me she could not do that because I was canceling my furniture order. I wrote a check for the $400.

Even though the manager expressed wanting to make things right, she saw fit to charge me $400 to cancel the order. Personally, I feel that the Ashley employees tried to take advantage of me because they viewed me as an senior citizen who probably didn't know any better. They saw that my limit was $5500 and decided that they wanted me to spend as much of the $5500 as possible. How sad and pathetic! :(

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. This sofa is to LOOK at not sit. I got them 6 months ago, my husband and i only sit on them a few hours a day at night only. No kids and after 6 months the seating cushions have worn down, the pillows have gotten flat. If you sit on them now you can feel the wood underneath you. So embarrassing if I want people to come over. I will NEVER EVER buy from ASHLEY again. They say one year warranty but it's only for the seating cushion. When asked about the pillows they said I have to pay for them plus shipping... And they tell you to puff them and shift the stuffing.

How ridiculous and if you see the back on the sofa where each button is, it's so wrinkled up as if the fabric got stretched and that is extra fabric. I was better off buying for the same amount from Costco where I can fully return them with no questions. NEVER again. And will make sure everyone I know not to buy from Ashley again.

I bought 3 leather sofas about 8 years at Ashley furniture, I asked them if they were made in America. They said, "Oh yes of course they are, we only sell the best!" I was such a fool! I bought the extended warranty thinking it would protect me. The sofas started going bad immediately. I called Ashley and they told me that the leather coming apart was just normal wear and not covered, I looked under the sofas and found they were made in China! That's number 2 for them, then the springs went bad and sitting on them was like sitting in a big mushy hole! Again not covered because it was part of normal wear! These people hire mainly Mexicans. They have the worst products on the market and they are liars and cheats! Do not go near Ashley furniture! They will screw you! I'm considering standing in their parks lot turning away customers! Stay away from Ashley furniture if you don't want to get your money stolen!

This is the first review I have ever written because I think it is important to know how terrible Ashley Furniture is to work with. The furniture I received was fine, but I will never shop with them again based on the poor customer service. We ordered 4 items but only received 3 in the first delivery. For the second delivery they called at 5:30 on a Monday night to set up delivery for Wednesday. I called first thing the next morning to reschedule and they said I needed to give 48 hours notice to reschedule even though they had only given me 42 hours notice about delivery and they had to charge me an additional delivery fee for rescheduling. I asked to talk to a supervisor and the lady told me I could but that they would never waive the extra delivery fee. The supervisor continued to tell that they had given 48 hours notice even though they had not.

I then talked to a manager at the store I had shopped at who promised he would talk to his gm and get it taken care of. When the day before my next delivery date rolled around, I still hadn't gotten a delivery window so I called and they said there was no note about taking care of the delivery fee. When I talked to the store manager again he told me there was nothing he could do and I had to go through customer service. Because I did not like the feeling of beating my head against a wall, I returned the last item as to not have to work with their so-called (to quote our president) customer service department ever again. I think there is a right way this situation could have been handled, but once they have your money, they treat you like poo.

We purchased a Stearns & Foster with adjustable foundation on November 26, 2017 with a promise of a 4-6 week delivery. After 4 weeks we called the store to check delivery only to talk to a receptionist that had no idea. The store manager was unavailable each time we called. We ended up calling the Texas main corporation for answers. No one could give us an answers as to when or where our mattress was or when we might see it. I've never had such a runaround and poor customer service in all my purchases. After calling all distribution centers we were finally got our bed 10 weeks later. I was considering purchasing a living room set prior to the bed but after a terrible experience I would not recommend Ashley Furniture to anyone. I'll take my business elsewhere.

I purchased a living room coffee and end tables. I was given a delivery date. They came with just one table. Got another delivery date. Oops. Again. Only one item got delivered. I told them to take it all back and cancel the order. Wasted my time. Horrible customer satisfaction.

I bought a bedroom set in December 2016 and it was on back order. It was delivered in January 2017 and there was a strong odor coming from the mattress. I spoke with customer upon delivery and informed them of the problem and a customer service representative came out and stated he could not smell the anything and was very rude. I spoke with the corporate office and was informed that she would contact the Head manager at the local store via email and I have yet to hear from someone as it is now February 2017.

I will not be doing business with this store and will advise everyone I know to do the same. Shame to take your money and not deliver on service or product. You should not have to air a brand new mattress out to sleep on it. I was told that the store has been taken over by Ashley Corporate Office, well it is has not better customer service. Going downhill. I wished I had gone to RC Willey or La-Z-Boy Furniture as I will not be shopping Ashley Stores. Store on MLK, Las Vegas, NV.

Purchased online a bedroom set. The night stand was damaged. Also purchased a dining room set, the dining room table leg was damaged. I contacted the company, sent pictures as requested of the damaged parts. I received a replacement of the night stand (again, it was damaged also. Poor workmanship, the cavity of the stand was bigger than the drawers, so the drawers don't fit securely). Where is the QC on this furniture? So, I contacted the company again, sent pictures and am awaiting their reply. Would not recommend buying online with this company.

I purchased a kitchen set about 2 years ago. I complained about the chairs being too soft but all their kitchen chairs for that set were soft. Now that the set is two years old the chair seats are so soft that they hurt to sit on and the material is falling apart. I sent a request to Ashley for help but was told to deal with the store. The store reply (several stores) "we are sorry you are unhappy." My advice stay away from ASHLEY FURNITURE. Very poor quality.

There was no option to place zero stars, so I had to put one. Ashley's furniture is a ripoff. They sell poor quality furniture and extremely poor customer service. I bought a couch for them that began to rip and tear and fall to pieces within one year of use. I was given a store credit to buy furniture from them without the approval to have the money debited back to my account. The reviews on their other couches are just the same experiences as the one I had. When I spoke to management requesting my money to be given back, customer service refused. They said the money was coming from the manufacturer only and gave me less than 30 days to purchase something with my credited money. Ashley's furniture should make this right and take the money out of their pocket and give it back to me. Instead they're only willing to do something because the manufacturer is providing the money back.

It took over four months to get my store credit back and then they give me less than 30 days to buy something with the credit. Of course, when they gave me my store credit they waited until after all of the holiday sales were over to make more money. Ashley's furniture needs to make this right. They have millions of reviews that have dissatisfied customers with the exact same experiences. Do not buy from this furniture store, they are a ripoff and do not care about the people they are selling the poor quality furniture to. I am also now responsible for hauling off the couches that are falling apart. They will not take them and remove them, now I have to pay for the dumping fee and for someone to remove my couches. I am very dissatisfied and extremely upset that Ashley's furniture is not working with their customers and doing the right thing.

Purchased 5-9-2015 2 piece Leather recliner/ chaise. TOTAL GARBAGE... It's plastic and what they say is leather De-laminates. Purchased extended 5 year warranty with Guardsman, which was a further JOKE, DENIED for no reason. Filed claim with Illinois Attorney General's Office... TOTAL RIPOFF...

I bought a group of furniture on Veterans Day 2016. Paid in full over $4000.00 worth of furniture. I was told that it would be delivered in 2-6 weeks, which would have been the week of Christmas. I didn't get my furniture, not even a call telling me that it was going to be late. I called them and they told me that it would be delivered 1/13/17. I still didn't receive it. I went to the store and they couldn't even tell me when I was to receive it. I told them I wanted my money back and was told that there would be a 25% restocking fee. I told the manager that they can't charge me for something they never had in stock. I want all my money back, he told me that corporate would get a hold of me Monday or Tuesday, and still never heard from them.

I called corporate myself and couldn't get through, so I called the store manager here and he said he would have them get a hold of me and this was Wed of that week. Still didn't hear from anyone for a week. They called me early in the morning a week later and left a message. I called them back same day a couple hours later and the individual was at lunch and would call me back. Still haven't heard from them and so I called 2 days later and the individual who I needed to speak to was in a meeting. Only one time since I gave them my money have I heard from them and that was a message. Not once have I received a call stating that my furniture was on back order/late, an apology, or a way to resolve issue. So the way that I see it, they stole over $4000.00 of my money.

We had purchased a sectional couch from Ashley Furniture in November. In January we had noticed that the middle section of the frame was very loose. It was a part of the couch that no one in the house sits on because there is no recliner on it. It is the middle section which is also the most uncomfortable part of the couch. Because we purchased the protection plan which the sales representative had told us that they will replace any broken part of the couch with that plan, we called the technicians and in 3 days they came out to look at it. When he took the fabric off, we noticed that the frame, which was made of particle board was split in two.

Instead of replacing that section of the frame or just replacing the middle section as per our protection plan, he ended up rigging up the frame "up to manufacture standards." We were told by customer service that this is how they fix the problems, unless it continues breaking. I'm sorry, but if I am paying for a $3,000.00 furniture, and it breaks within the first 90 days, and this is how they fix it, then I will never do business with this company again.

I want the rest of possible customers to see this in the event they too are going to spend their hard earned money on cheap material and false protection plan. Forget trying to talk to customer service, I had tried to call them twice about this and my wife also tried, and they were not only rude, but uncooperative on trying to resolve this. Apparently this is the kind of business the Waneks are producing.

I purchased a bedroom set on October 6, 2016 from the store on N HWY 67 in St Louis MO. The furniture was on back order for November 10, 2016. My sales rep was very nice and friendly and very knowledgeable of the Product. 5 stars to Mr. Margeese **. The furniture came in on October 25, 2016 set up for delivery for October 31, 2016. After I waited and call several times to check the status of the delivery I was informed that the delivery will not be delivered that day but the next day. Very disappointing. I had to cancel all my meetings to sit home and wait for nothing. Poor customer service. The delivery day finally gets here they forgot the slacks to install the mirror, the headboard have a deep cut down the side and the foot of the night stand was broke.

The next day the delivery guy came to install the Mirror and drill holes through the Mirror trying to install it. They sent out a service technician that made it worse. Call to speak with several people in the customer service department about getting the items replaced. That was in November today is now January 24, 2017. I just received the replacement nightstand. It is still waiting on a response for the Mirror and the headboard. With the prices they charge for furniture the quality is very low and the customer care response is awful. I will never buy another item from Ashley Furniture.

We purchased a sectional and Recliner from Ashley Furniture Nov. 25th. Delivery was Dec. 23rd. Upon delivery one arm-less chair was from the wrong sectional so we refused delivery. We were told it would be redelivered on Dec. 31. No one came. No one called! When I finally got online and tracked the order and it had been cancelled. I received 3 confirmations the last being on the actual delivery day that it would be delivered. After some phone calls I was told there was confusion with the missing piece. That's not true. They were very clear on what happened. They even had pictures. Next delivery date set clear to Jan. 23rd. Again I receive 3 confirmations that it will be delivered. The evening prior at 8:00pm I received a call stating it would not and was rescheduled again for the 24th! Guess what!! After 3 confirmations that it would be here on the 24th the order was cancelled on my tracking. NO phone call, No email... Nothing.

I called the warehouse and they tell me it hasn't even been made yet!!! WHAT!! SO where is this piece of furniture that had been supposedly been made and out there somewhere since Nov.!! I call Ashley and they advise me to call customer care. BIG mistake. They offered nothing. Said, "How can we deliver something we don't have!" Well, duh!!! That's the problem!!! I don't care figure it out. I asked for some compensation as I have now lost 4 days of pay as I don't get vacation pay. I have missed 4 days of work. I'm lucky my employer is very understanding. Some are not! Now my new ship date is Jan. 31st! I do not trust Ashley, I will never do business with them again and I would advise others not to waste their time! I'd bet money they're going to screw this next delivery up again!

Terrible sofa. Within the 1st six months the store that we bought it at had to come out and restuff our cushions. They just kept getting worse but the last straw with the couch is when a board gave way and is sticking out the back of the couch. The store that we bought it at had me send her pics. Hoping that Ashley would stand behind it and help us with buying another couch. We have patiently waited 2 weeks. My husband finally called the store this week. No one called us back. He called again today and they said Ashley will do nothing. I will never buy Ashley products and will tell everyone to run the other way.

I have to say that I am very disappointed in the table that I purchased from Ashley Furniture. We have had this table for 2 1/2 years and already had the table top replaced once due to the laminate edging peeling off on the table. After getting the new table top we were optimistic that the new table top would not have the same problem. From the pictures you can see I tried to use a wood marker to hide the issues but that obviously did not work. Additionally, the base of the table is also splitting!

I am honestly embarrassed when we have friends and family over and they see our table. It's not like we bought a $100 table from Walmart. This table was almost $1000. I cannot believe that this is the type of product they can get away with selling for $1000. We won't shop at Ashley Furniture again and we definitely won't be recommending Ashley Furniture to family and friends (after seeing our table I don't think they would shop there now anyways).

Ordered a recliner, was to be delivered in 5 days, was given date and time. On that date was given another new date and time, again on that date another date and time 10 days out. Went to store, asked for order to be canceled, and refund me my down payment (which I paid in Cash). Was told maybe up to 5 business days. Been 18 business days, still no money. Have called, emailed, visited, each time a new story. They are sorry.

Ashley Delivery - Pathetic Service. I bought a Three products from Ashley Yorba Linda store on 11/26/2016 and requesting them to deliver by Dec 16th to coincide with party at home. Two days before I got a call to confirm the delivery and I said yes and on the day driver informed me that it is partial delivery and delivered My kid's bed, Nightstand (king bed) and couch (with one piece missing).

I spoke to customer service and they said they will follow up and reply... Nobody called me. Again I called store to check and they have given another Dec 25th and on that day again it is partial delivery of missing piece of couch and dresser/mirror. Bed is not delivered and again I called store and same again told it will be Jan 21st. I got the message to confirm and nobody called me on 21st and I called to check the status. Got to know that it has moved to Feb 18th. I really felt Ashely being using customers as jokers and playing with them. I didn't expect such a process flaws in big corporate companies. Nobody informs the status and not even people has courtesy and the pain I went through if you're really want to show good corporate ethics.

We purchased a recliner chair (along with other furniture) from Ashley. Within a short period of time we experienced the separation of numerous small pieces from the surface of the vinyl fabric. It progressed to the point where the cloth backing was visible on a significant portion of the vinyl. The warranty period had expired however we made contact with Ashley. We advised them that we as we were a childless, no pets, have rented or let others stay without our being there & only use the home for 5 1/2 months of each year the deterioration of the vinyl based on the use was unreasonable. They weren't much interested & said it was our problem. When not in use we have draped a "throw" blanket on it until its appearance became too embarrassing & it's being reupholstered as I write this.

I'm a business man (retired), having developed residential homes including many furnished show homes. My experience with furniture & reasonable expected wear & tear is not insignificant. Shame on you Ashley for selling product with what I know is defective material & turning your back on your customer! Appears the obvious outcome is we pay for the issue & get the opportunity to tell our story to the people we come in contact with & tell them spend your hard earned dollars elsewhere.

I went into Ashley Furniture because of their flyer. They advertise 14 piece bedroom set. When my husband and I went in there they say "oh we don't have that bedroom set here". I asked "where is it since you advertise it" and she replied "it's somewhere in Tanzania". Then I ordered a mattress and when I got it I need a step stool to get in bed. Will never go here or refer them to anybody. Bedroom set consist of 1 dresser with mirror, one night stand, 2 lamps, 2 pillow cases, 1 comforter cheap at that the back board and side boards and the feet board and the lamp shades.

Anyway when I was growing up you would get the dresser with mirror, 2 night stand, second dresser mattresses and that made the bedroom set. Who has one night stand and no second dresser? Ashley that's who. And the funny thing is that when you walk in there they have the second dresser and the second night stand in the display. They fool people. All I have to say to anybody who goes to Ashley is Sucker cause I got suckered.

Terrible experience. Ashley Furniture does not care about you - they only care about getting your money. They will tell you what you want to hear, not the truth. And don't waste your time trying to talk to customer service. They do not listen, they talk over you, they are argumentative, and really don't care to solve your issues. I've called twice and got the same result from each representative. Much better places to go. This place should be avoided at all costs!

The absolute worst experience that I have had when purchasing furniture. I purchased 4 bedroom sets for my daughters and unfortunately for my daughters everything has gone wrong. I have had 3 different deliveries and always with the wrong items, 3 different technicians have been to my home just to take pictures. One forgot and I had to take pictures and email them over. Every time I call "customer service" I am put on hold for over 20-30 minutes. For such a big corporation, this has been a mess for my family and me, especially for my daughters that can't even sleep on their beds that I promised them.

I have attempted to call the store where I purchased at Burbank IL location and talk to the store manager more than 10 times and never receive a call back from the manager there. They tell me his name is Daniel, but from the looks of it they are probably making up a name up. What a joke of a store and representatives there. It has been over 3 weeks and still my order is not correct. Does anyone at Ashley furniture corporation even care about their image? I spent a good amount of money at the store, over $5,000 and to have this happen to my family and I, it really is bad. You guys are quick to take my money but not to deliver what is promised.

The left arm was damaged, this was found the damage after delivery. Called the store, was told to call a repair number. After weeks some came out, look at it and said damage cannot be fixed. We need a new couch. Ok. Well, now they are saying they will take the sofa back, fix it and return it in 1 to 5 weeks. So we go without furniture for that long!!! This was their damage, their mistake yet we have to go without furniture because of them. No apologies, no discount, no one cares. I will not purchase anything again from them and I do not recommend them.

Bed headboard - It's sad when you think you are buying quality furniture and the leather starts disintegrating in one of the panels and you call customer service for a couple of weeks and they are telling you that they are contacting the warehouse to find a replacement, then no call back from them so you call and they tell you that the item has been discontinued and that also that they called you and the person tells them that they do not have a problem with the furniture. (Apparently they called the wrong number) So they tell you to send a copy of the bill then you call back and they say, "I am sorry but this seems to be customer wear and tear and we cannot do anything for you." I would be walking in to buy at Ashley's again.

July 1, 2016, I purchased a Walworth Auburn Living Room Set w/ Power manufactured by Ashley Furniture with a Ashley Warranty. I purchased it from 1StopBedrooms out of New York. November 2016, one end of the sofa collapsed. The reclining mechanism makes a noise when using it. I reported this to 1StopBedrooms. Over the course of over two months, I have made numerous phone calls regarding repair/replacement. All communication has been initiated by me. I finally got a technician here after a month - he said they would ship me some foam and I was to call for them to come back after I received it and they would make the repair in my living room. Never heard anymore. Called again (the technician) his office gave me a claim number from yet another company and told me to call them for a status. I then called Ashley direct - received a different claim number for something? to be done and that was two weeks ago.

Today, Ashley furniture emailed me... stating -since each Ashley dealer is independently owned and operated, they create and implement their own policies regarding consumer sales, warranties, returns, deliveries, cancellations, replace, acceptable forms of payment and exchanges. Please contact the store for your options. I am sure that Ashley Furniture has a contract with each independently owned company they do business with - part of the marketing and sales for their furniture is their WARRANTY. If the companies they choose to sell their furniture does not honor the warranty then ASHLEY has an obligation to the consumer. I have reported this to the Better Business Bureau. I do not recommend purchasing anything made by, or from an Ashley store. Claim number Ashley gave me was **. 1StopBedrooms told me today that they did not have any record of that number and wanted me to give them the phone number that I called... really?

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1945, Ashley Furniture became an industry leader in 1970 when its first plant opened in Wisconsin. The plant started with 35 employees, and the brand has since grown to include stores in more than 120 countries.

• Convenient locations: With many locations across the country, it's easy to find a showroom near you. Use the store locator tool on the website to get started.
  • Quality tested: Each design from Ashley Furniture undergoes rigorous quality testing for safety, comfort and durability. Take a look at some of the methods used on their website.
  • America's #1 home furniture brand: Ashley Furniture's quality appeals to consumers across various demographics, making it the top selling home furniture brand in the United States according to Homes & Textiles Today with reported revenues in excess of 3.3 billion dollars.
  • Online showroom: The online showroom feature gives you an idea of what to expect at your local store, but it's just a sample and shouldn't be considered a complete inventory.
  • Best for Families, individuals and professionals.

Compare Furniture Stores