3.05/5
Based on 1,851 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

3035 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 13, 2019

I look online first then call my nearest store and they have always either met online prices or actually offered me better deals, plus their return policy with warranty on all products is outstanding. I have been buying furniture at Ashley since moving here from Calif in 2010. Everything in my home is Ashley. Wouldn't buy anywhere else. Great service, delivery always or even earlier than quoted and contact with drivers is outstanding also.

Original review: April 11, 2019

My wife and I purchased our dining room and living room at Ashley's. We've had previous pleasant experiences with ASHLEY FURNITURE and we (again) made the right decision by returning to the store. Customer service is always top notch and the 'sales' people are more than willing to assist you, no matter what you're shopping for! If EVER the need arises, I'd have absolutely no problem going back to ASHLEY for another pleasurable shopping experience! And no, I'm retired and never worked there.

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: April 6, 2019

I ordered a Lane recliner/sofa with heat and message which took a couple months to come from the factory. When it finally arrived I soon discovered the heat on one side did not work. Ashley picked it up and repaired it but I was without my new sofa for another 2-3 weeks. Then the power supply stopped working. Ashley provided me with a new one at no cost. Although Lane's workmanship seems a little substandard (as the sofa is on the flimsy side), Ashley store in Show Low did everything in their power to make things finally work.

Original review: Dec. 18, 2018

My wife and I, had been looking at this dining room set for over a month. Decided to check on it once more and Keith ** at the Jefferson City, MO location, greeted us. He gave us the rundown on the sales of the store. His energy was contagious, and made my wife and I want to actually ask questions. Usually these types of places overwhelm us with the push and push of things we don’t like. Anyway, Keith gave us a great deal on the table we really wanted. I told him my budget, and he made it happen for me. While filling out paperwork, we had great conversation and we left feeling great. The last few times going there to look at table, we had no one that tried as hard as Keith did to bless us with that table. We were very grateful.

Original review: Dec. 15, 2018

My wife & I purchased a king size memory foam mattress in preparation for our second child. We spent over $2k on the mattress combo. After one night's sleep we realized the mattress was far too firm. I contacted Ashley customer service. I spoke with Amber. She was fantastic! Smart, empathetic and very polite. We were very anxious on how this would work out, considering it was a large investment for us. She took care of everything & made getting the right one a breeze. Ashley made out because we spent a couple hundred dollars more on the right one for us. We love it. The world is full of incompetent people. Amber is a true professional and we will continue to shop at Ashley because of the customer service their professionals, like Amber, provide.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: May 21, 2019

I have been sitting here all day long waiting for my living room furniture to arrive. I ordered it a month ago. A MONTH. I get a call about ten minutes ago telling me that the delivery will be here around 8:30 pm or later. I am furious. I told the woman on the phone, "I will NOT accept the delivery that late at night," and I hung up on her. My time is as valuable as anyone's time and I have already lost a day sitting here waiting. I then called back to customer service and was transferred to the delivery department. A nice lady was able to stop the delivery and said she had no control over when my furniture would be delivered. It is out of her control and I understand that. I do not want furniture delivered to my house after dark. How am I supposed to inspect the furniture this way? Have it brought into my house and then find out there are issues with it? No thanks. Bring it during the day.

This cluster you-know-what comes on the heels of the living room tables that were delivered to me last week. I ordered a coffee table and a chair side table and it's the Porter collection. It looks very nice online and looks like quality furniture. ONLINE. Upon inspection however I discovered many problems. I wrote a review about the damaged and defective tables but I will post it again on here. The side table has a drawer and the coffee table has five drawers. The drawer in the side table doesn't sit level inside the table. It's what I call 'wonky'. It looks ridiculous and there is no way to fix it because the slider underneath is adhered with silicone. This table arrived before the coffee table and I contacted customer service and reported the table issue. I sent photos as well. A second chair side table was shipped as a replacement and I didn't even bother to take it out of the box.

When the coffee table arrived and I found so much damage and defects I contacted the same customer service representative, Heidi **. and she kindly refunded the money for both the side table and the coffee table. The coffee table is in much worse condition. The table was defective when the stain was applied to it and I say that because I have refinished furniture before. Instead of removing that table from the assembly line, the table was stained and sent on its way for packaging. There are areas of the table where the stain is missing, there is a long crack in the wood where one of the drawers go in. The 'slider' is so broken I was able to take a photo of me holding it in my hand.

The drawers are 'dove-tailed' together on the sides. The face of one of the drawers is barely attached to the sides. The left front corner of the table is lifted up as in, the wood is warped. This was stained over as well as the other defects. There is a scratch on top of the table. The 'bun' feet aren't stained the same as the table. One of the feet has two deep gouges in it and it too was stained over and left to go in the box. If all of this damaged had happened after the table had been shipped, the raw wood would show. This is not the case. The workers simply stained over all of the damage.

I am extremely disappointed in Ashley Furniture as you can imagine. I honestly thought that they carried quality furniture. I was very very wrong. The furniture is manufactured in Vietnam. Apparently there aren't any inspectors in the plant and if there ARE, they aren't doing their job. I will never EVER buy another thing from Ashley Furniture ever again. I have contacted several donation places and no one will pick up this furniture. Goodwill won't pick it up, Salvation Army won't pick it up nor will Habitat For Humanity. Are these places so well off now that they don't need BRAND NEW furniture? Wow. I will have to put it on Craigslist and post the tables as "FREE". To the CEO of Ashley Furniture, shame on you for allowing your horrible furniture to be sold to unsuspecting customers.

Original review: May 21, 2019

What a joke of a company. I ordered an expensive furniture set that arrived broken. They told me they would get the part in one week and come back to fix it. Then a week later they said they couldn't get the part, that they had to replace the whole couch and it would take 2 weeks. Sat at home another full day waiting for delivery (again) which of course was late as always, and they brought me a love seat instead of a couch. Called to see when I would get my actual couch (I'm sure it will be 3 more weeks) and they insultingly offered me a $75 gift certificate for my troubles - as if I'm ever going to buy something from them again. Asked to speak to a supervisor and was transferred to a voice mailbox that I'm sure I won't ever get a call back from. Still don't know when they will get me a new couch since the agent sent me to the voicemail instead of someone who could actually help me.

Original review: May 20, 2019

If I could give zero stars I would. Who knows. Maybe will finally step up and actually help me and I may change the stars. However here is my story. Bought my bed online. Got the mattress the following Tuesday after ordering my bed was supposed to be delivered. Well I get a call Monday letting me know that unfortunately it's going to be delayed due to a hold from the manufacturer. Ok things happen. I'm told that my delivery will be set for not next Thursday but the following Thursday. So Wednesday I get a call telling me that the bed will be in the warehouse Thursday but I need to set up a delivery date. Seriously. So the next available date will be Friday or Saturday. Both days I will be at work. Now I have to wait until Monday to call.

So I call customer service where by the second person I talk to I find out I have a delivery scheduled for Wednesday. I once again will be at work. Kinda fed up at this point, so I going to rent a truck to pick up tomorrow.. Wrong. The third lady I talked with says that it won't even be at the warehouse until Wednesday. But last Thursday it was there. Absolutely ridiculous. Not happy with this service or company and I would bot recommended them at all. It's almost been a month. They have my money and I'm sleeping on the floor.

Original review: May 20, 2019

I ordered over $7000.00 in furniture in March with a delivery date way before Easter. But they were unable to deliver my furniture because they no longer had it in stock after I was told it was there and going to be delivered. The bedroom set was brought in to my home when I was told there were items that were backordered over a month out. The bedroom set was damaged and not well made. I asked the delivery guy to please take the whole thing out of my home and I was told he could not do that because he had to many deliveries. He said there would be another guy to come get it at 5:00 pm that night. A guy DID come but not to take the bedroom set back which by the way I never signed for. This guy said he was a third party and was there to repair the bedroom set. To this day I have been at the store numerous times, spoke to corporate about 50 times as well as the managers and salespeople at the store.

Last week I was told they would take the bedroom set back only to tell me the next day they decided not to. They said it has been in my house too long and they no longer are taking it back. The reason why it is still in my house is because they have horrible managers and customer service. They runaround for months not helping you at all until the time to is over for the product to be returned. This is how they do things there. They run you through one person to the next making you wait days, weeks for answers and numerous visits to the store.

I would never recommend anyone shopping here. They are truly only out for the sale not the customer. They would much rather have a bad review then help a customer who could potentially recommend them to other customers.. Do yourself a favor and do not shop here. There are way too many better furniture stored out there with great customer service and great salespeople and managers. Ashley Furniture located on Hwy 19 in Pinellas Park Florida is the worse. Save yourself the aggravation.

Original review: May 17, 2019

Poor customer service. First they forgot to order half of the couch. Then they ruined it so we had to wait longer. Then finally it was suppose to arrive. I called them the night before because my hubby ended up in the hospital - so they told me to use the tracking tool which I did. Said they'd arrive between 2 and 230. They apparently came in the morning when no one was here. Then stated to tell me I'd have to pay another 50 to have it redelivered so I told them I didn't want it and got a refund. Will never shop Ashley's - cheap made crap again. I'm very disappointed.

Original review: May 17, 2019

They damaged property in my home and Ashley will not do anything about it, because they contracted the delivery out. Also when our nightstands came 3 weeks after our bedroom set one of them was damaged. Still have not heard from them and I have called and left messages number of times.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I was talked into getting a full replacement 5 year warranty. I was sold a value that is not existent. They do not do full replacement. They wanted to repair & cut my leather couches in 4 places & patch it. They ripped on their own. They wanted to spray a CHEMICAL on my fragile leather that would change the color & call that a repair on a scratch.

Ashley Representatives refused to do anything else. All of my sectional pieces have something wrong. They never called me back like they promised after meeting with the Technician that wanted to cut the couch & spray it with chemicals. I was scammed into think paying for a full replacement warranty, that they do not honor! I was sold a full replacement warranty & told it covers scratches & rips & for 5 years. I'm suing them & want a new Sectional & a refund of my Warranty. I had it for 4 years. My last couch lasted 30 yrs. I have no little kids & am rarely even at home to use them. They ripped all on their own on the fake leather park in high stress wrapped leather around the top part covering wood. Super disappointed & upset.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I went to an Ashley store to purchase a bedroom set. The very personable saleswoman was patient and thorough. She built up my trust. I found a set I liked, and she commenced to add it all up. The sign said $1859. Well that was a false price because it didn't include the footboard or the side panels or the foundation. It says 6 piece leading a person to believe that means pieces of furniture. It doesn't, it's mostly pieces of the bed. The mattress was $479, available online at Ashley for $269. The foundation was $249, available online for $130. Same exact items down to the serial #. If you can visit the set in the store, do it, then order online. I am so disappointed. Also, some sites are tax and delivery free for IDENTICAL ITEMS. I could have saved a thousand dollars. So disappointed in their tactics. Never again. Review of actual furniture will follow. It better be great. End price was 3999.

Original review: May 16, 2019

I have bought a couple of dining room sets and accent tables and they are put together in extremely poor manner! I had to return the accent tables and still dealing with the second dining room table set which was not put together as whole, cracked and chairs are so weak and fragile!! Customer service is terrible. It’s hard to get a hold with one of the branch manager over at Miramar road San Diego store! The delivery guys are just not doing their job. Even though they know the items are in bad condition they still deliver it. Shame on them.

Original review: May 15, 2019

My experience with Ashley Furniture has been atrocious! The nightmare with them began on 1-5-19 when I purchased my bedroom and living room suites. On 1-17-19 my bedroom suite was set to be delivered, only to be disappointed in just receiving the bed from them. The delivery driver advised me that my dresser and nightstand would be delivered at a later date but could not provide me with the date of delivery.

I immediately called Ashley Furniture and spoke with a manager because I was advised at the time of purchase of 2 different delivery dates. One date of 1/17/19 for the bedroom furniture and the other date of 2/12/19 for the living room furniture. The store manager advised me that my dresser would be delivered on 2/5/19 but the nightstand would be delivered on 2-19-19, along with my living room suite. This was a surprise to me as I was expecting the living room furniture on the 2/12/19. I accepted the date of 2/19/19 but found this to be very inconvenient that no one at Ashley Furniture took the time to at least make a phone call out and let me know about the changes.

Due to the inconvenience he offered me a $150.00 credit towards my account. I didn’t ask for this credit, but it was much appreciated, since it was the only thing in the store that I liked and happened to be one of the more expensive sets that include a couch, loveseat, oversized chair and ottoman. However, this credit has never been applied to my account. Finally, on 2-19-19 they delivered my living room suite! Excitement ensued, as the delivery men took my furniture off the truck, as I have been waiting a month and a half now for my furniture; only to be disappointed AGAIN! As the delivery men took the wrapping off my furniture I noticed huge scratches, and stuffing coming out of the cushions of the couch. Loveseat and the oversized chair.

The arms are loose and the ottoman wobbles, even one of the delivery men tried to hide and color in some of the scratches with furniture markers that wasn’t even the right color. I didn’t want to sign for the delivery due to the condition of the furniture and I was told by the delivery guy that it would be okay to sign for it because a tech was on his way and they had to make other deliveries. When the tech arrives, he looks at each piece and was shocked that they were allowed to even deliver the damaged furniture. His exact words were, “I have never seen anything this bad.” He took pictures of it and he said that his manager would be calling us the next day, but that didn’t happen.

Several calls later into Ashley Furniture, their customer response team, and a salesperson back at the store, no one ever called me back and kept giving me the run around on who I needed to speak with! Enough was enough and I went back into Ashley Furniture on a Saturday demanding to speak with a manager or supervisor. The sales associate advised me that he was not there but promised a phone call from him on Monday, and if the manager did not call me then he would call. Well, surprise surprise no phone call from either one!

I went back to Ashley Furniture and spoke with the manager and salesperson face to face AGAIN and explained my frustration and aggravation because at this point I only want to return the living room suite because of the poor quality and service. I advised that I didn’t want another one and there was nothing else in the store that I liked. His only response was “I’m sorry and that my only option is to do an exchange”. I asked him was that all that he could do and say? He then asked me, “Why is it that customer’s always want something in return. Why can’t anyone just accept an apology and be happy?” Are you serious?! I’m a paying customer explaining to you what is going on and that is all you have to say?! He also offered some type of gift card which I accepted to only be disappointed again in not receiving anything.

I agreed to an exchange and was told by the manager that before it was delivered he was going to go inspect it himself to ensure that we received good quality furniture. It was a few days to a week that passed until I received a call to advise of a delivery date of 4/20/19. I advised that I was not available that day and the soonest date they had after that was 4/27/2019 from 2-5. They actually called a couple of days before to confirm the appointment for 4-27-19, which was surprising since they never did this in the past.

My optimism arose only to be let down by them AGAIN! The delivery man showed up, but he was 30 mins late, not mention I never received a courtesy call to let me know that he would be running late. He gets to my home, looks at the furniture he is suppose to be taking back and tells me, “You’re better off keeping the furniture that you have. What I have on the truck looks worse. I told my manager I didn’t want to deliver this to you because of how it looked.” Word for word from your delivery man – so my only question is, if you all knew it looked this bad coming from the warehouse why would you waste his time and mine by making him attempt a delivery that you know was unacceptable?!

The delivery person advised me that someone would be calling me on Monday and to call the 800 number that is on the original paperwork for customer service to express my complaint. I did not receive a call that following Monday which would have been 4/29/19. I called customer service on 5/6/19 since I had yet to hear from anyone. I was advised that to make a complaint. There was no one I could speak with. I could only do it by email. Also, on that call I was told that I was scheduled for a delivery on 5/10/19 that I was totally unaware of. I received another overused bland “I’m sorry”.

My new delivery date is set for 5-10-19. On 5/8/19 I get a call telling me that they need to reschedule my delivery date to 5/18/19. That is not a good day for me, so the next available date is 5/25/19. I accepted but the way that Ashley Furniture has treated me I want to give every piece of furniture back, including my bedroom suite. I’d rather sleep on the floor than have to deal with them again! Their customer service is deplorable, the furniture is inadequate in quality, and they are just an all-around difficult company! This will be my VERY LAST TIME ever dealing with Ashley Furniture!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I ordered a little girl's desk on 5/12/19 on the Ashley website. There was a required $79.99 delivery fee for delivery inside the room of choice & set up. I received a call on 5/13/19 that the furniture was scheduled to be delivered on 5/16/19 anytime between 6:30 AM and 8:30 PM and they would call me with a 4 hour window 2 days prior.

I told the rep that any time would be good for me with the exclusion of the 6:30 AM window as the child in that room would be sleeping and I wouldn't want strange men walking into my little girl's room while she was sleeping. The rep said she made a note of the request. The next day I received a robo call that my delivery was scheduled to be delivered in the 6:30 AM window. I called Ashley and the rep refused to assist, repeating to me multiple times that they could not change the delivery windows as they are geographically based. They would also not issue a refund. Now I am forced to wake up a sleeping child and potentially the whole household when the doorbell rings at 6:30 AM. I will never order from them again.

Original review: May 14, 2019

In March 2017 we purchased a double console recliner from Ashley Furniture store in Charlotte NC. At the time of purchase we purchased an extended 5 year warranty for $199.00. In April 2019 the recliner mechanism stopped working. On April 19th a tech came out to check for repairs which require a new motor or/and an on/ off switch. They're ordering both because there is no way to determine which is faulty. Why not send the tech with the motor and then if that does the trick, viola! If not just order the on/off switch. Well here it is May 14th and the parts still have not been ordered. I have called their extended Insurance Co., GBS which is useless. They claim their waiting for Ashley to authorize the ordering of parts, Ashley claims they have authorized ordering parts. What. Zoo! Nobody knows what’s going on. Please please please, for your own good and to maintain sanity, stay away from Ashley furniture.

Original review: May 14, 2019

My husband and I purchased a formal dining room set and a kitchen dining set. The purchase experience was great - sales staff friendly, clean store, etc. However, actually receiving quality furniture was an absolute nightmare! They delivered 4 formal sets because each one came in damaged (one chair even had a screw sticking out that gouged my arm!!). We were finally able to receive a refund for the formal dining set after months of going back and forth with the store (for which the manager would never return my calls - we dealt solely with one of their customer service associates).

We noticed after delivery of the kitchen dining set that several of the chairs were making terrible noises when you sat in them. I had to call Ashley about these and was chastised for accepting damaged furniture. They sent a technician who was able to fix them. Less than a year later, the planked table top started warping. I called Ashley again since we purchased the warranty on it. After the technician deemed it non repairable, Ashley agreed to replace it (though this was due to a manufacturing defect and should not have counted against our purchased warranty). The first 3 sets that were delivered had damage so obvious I'm not sure how they didn't notice. For the 4th set, I was guaranteed that the set would be inspected at the warehouse. I received a call shortly before the scheduled delivery to be told that the table was inspected but somehow the wrong legs got loaded onto the truck.

The fifth set seemed to be great – no damage…until the delivery guy dropped it at my doorstep. Finally, the 7th set was a keeper. It took SEVEN deliveries (all of which I had to take off of work for) to get a set that was acceptable! The manager will NOT call you back and corporate will only redirect you to the store. I cannot understand how a company can get away with such poor service. I would HIGHLY recommend thinking twice before purchasing from this company.

Original review: May 14, 2019

Please DO NOT order anything from Ashley Furniture online. They use 3rd party vendors, so if for any reason you are not satisfied with your order, it will be next to impossible to return your item. I have been waiting over a month to return something. Tried calling customer service, to find out the status, and was rudely told that someone else was working on my return and that I need to wait to hear from him whenever he comes in. Ask to speak to a supervisor, she stated that, if I wanted someone else to look at my return, they will need to start the process all over again!! This was my first and will be my last time ordering anything from this company again. My order was with Ashley’s, not the 3rd party vendor!

Original review: May 14, 2019

I bought complete set of sitting room chairs. In less than two weeks it was sinking in. I called Ashley store for a change that am ready to pay extra to get a better set of couch. But they prefer to come see first and after that they decided to make a few repair which did not solve the problem. I still complained of the same problem but instead I was told never to call again, that they have done their best. Even the guys who came confirmed the couches has a problem from the company but the lady on the phone didn't care about that. Till today am stuck with these chairs and they are taking a lot of space. Just confuse. I don't know what to do. Please run from Ashley. They are the worst.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I have ordered all my furniture from Ashley online for my new home. I have received a few smaller items like chairs in UPS and the rest was delivered by the Ashley supported delivery team. They also assembled all my items and I had a couple of complaints as the assembly was done improperly and one night stand was damaged. I called the customer support and waited for a long time to speak to a associate. They are very rude with the way they respond and did not provide me information I needed. She was very impatient and was literally yelling at me. She finally ended the call without giving me the right information on my order details. Despite spending lots of money, I am not satisfied with this. This will be my last purchase with Ashley furnitures. I strongly recommend you to find alternative stores which provide great support for the same amount you pay.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Ordered a table and chair set we fell in love with at the store. WE ordered it online and it was delivered shortly after. The chairs came in by mail, which meant we had to put together all 6 chairs by hand.... not included in the delivery fee. Fast forward 2 months, I noticed the seam was bubbling up and contacted customer service. Since we paid well over $1000 for this set, I really thought it would last a little longer than 2 months. I sent in pictures and they told me it looked like water damage. Who puts beverages on the seam of a table? The table expands to fit a leaf, which we hadn't used.

I emailed the company and waited over a month before I called to ask what they were going to do about it. I sent pictures to a customer service rep and they chased it up to water damage. I resent pictures and never got a response. Finally I called them back and I resent pictures showing that the seam was cracked on both sides, they said it wasn't a defective piece, but customer cause. I had never used the leaf, so how was I to know it was cracked? I guess you are supposed to take a magnifying glass to the furniture you buy to make sure it is in perfect condition. I have purchased longer lasting furniture from Walmart. I will never purchase from them again.

Original review: May 13, 2019

I placed my bed frame order on 5.3.19. Order confirmation confirmed delivery for May 10; I also received an email confirmation confirming this delivery and that UPS would be delivering several pieces of the item 2 days prior. Additionally, I confirmed with customer service 4 days before scheduled delivery, that UPS would be delivering and that my delivery was still scheduled for May 10.

I placed a call to delivery on May 10 inquiring about my delivery, as I had not received additional confirmation on the time frame. My delivery had not even been scheduled and I was told the soonest would be Wednesday, May 15! If I wanted to inquire about a earlier delivery, I would then have to contact customer service and delivery could not assist. I was very unhappy about all of this; from the poor show of customer service to the obvious inconvenience, being I had already cleaned out my bedroom and unassembled older furniture to make room for this delivery.

Every other time I had to make a complaint, update or inquire if something could be done to resolve this issue, was made by me!! I had to phone delivery & customer service at least four separate times on Friday & twice on Saturday. This took most of the workday, to which a manager was never available or responsive to the representatives that I was dealing with, which additionally meant nothing could be done to resolve my issue.

Delivery reached out to me on Saturday to confirm a delivery for Friday, May 17. This means my delivery was not scheduled the previous day when I spoke to with delivery when I was told Wednesday, May 15 would be the earliest available. I was concerned by this notion on Friday when I spoke to a representative and nothing was done to ensure delivery would be made on Wednesday if not available sooner. Doesn’t that seem like the practical, smart thing to do when you already have a disgruntled customer? One would think, but no… let’s just delay that delivery a little longer!

My delivery fee was waived as a result, but that should be expected at this point. I had a helpful representative that I was speaking to throughout the last few days, but there was little she could do in her position, as management and delivery were non-responsive to her.

This is the worst display of customer service I have ever received from the delivery company. Ashley furniture and their assumed third party hired a delivery team, have little working communication and a week display of a management system. If Ashley furniture and their delivery team truly cared about resolving their error & accommodating the very much inconvenienced customer, they would have! Deliveries can be moved around & customers who are expecting delivery days down the road could essentially be moved for a customer that was expecting their item over a week ago. Now we are sleeping on the floor until Friday, May 17. I will never order anything from Ashley Furniture again; I have been a loyal customer throughout the years, so that is their loss! Such a waste of my time and energy.

Original review: May 13, 2019

Ashley Furniture customer service driving me crazy. First of all, I received a broken table & chairs and then it took them 6 months to send a guy not even for the replacement but just for fixing it. And when the technician came over he realizes he had the wrong part so he cannot do anything. Like seriously. NEVER EVER GO TO ASHLEY AND SAVE YOUR TIME. I wish I could give them less than 1 star.

Original review: May 12, 2019

We bought 4 of these chairs. We were going to cut down the height of our kitchen table down to standard height. Then going from solid wood chairs to the foam chairs. So they sat in the box till I was able to cut the table down. They turned out to be very cheaply made with cheap foam on the seat. After using the chairs twice a day for about a week the foam started breaking down and we found ourselves sitting lower and lower. While sitting on the chair I felt the bottom of the chair where I was sitting, and discovered I was hanging below the bottom of the seat! I turned the chair over and felt the bottom only to discover that most of the bottom was cut out!!! There was a BIG circle cut out of the bottom so 90% of the bottom was gone, there was no support for your butt, it goes straight thru the hole and the foam wore out. So I had to find some wood material and cut it to fit over the hole and give us some support and deal with the worn out foam.

BAD investment. NOT what we wanted for our investment. We could not return the chairs as we were past the 30 days and didn't have the box and would have to pay for shipping, which would cost as much as the chairs. We did talk to a rep at Amazon and she told us that this brand is at the very low end of the quality scale. So save your money and do not buy this brand!!!

Original review: May 11, 2019

The shopping experience was good. Staff was friendly and reasonably knowledgeable. We picked out two items and then the trouble began. it probably took 45 minutes to make our selection and it took an hour to pay for it. Utterly ridiculous payment system that no one in the store seem to be familiar with. They deliver to our city every other Thursday, which is fine. But we missed the scheduled delivery. When you going to call the local store number you are switched to a call center, in Phoenix in our case. I made over the course of a week or so four attempts, only two of which resulted in my speaking to someone. Each time I called I was on hold between 20 and 35 minutes. Customer service, once contacted, was quite good. I finally was told how to actually reach the store. You call the local number and as soon as they pick up you tap 2 on your phone.

I had discovered that the online price was roughly $50 less than the price I was charged for one of the items. I was assured that they would match that price, but only if I brought in a credit card. They would not do it over the phone. That would have been tailed 130 mi round trip. When I argued for an exception, I got a lecture from The Young manager. And when I told her I was not interested in a lecture, but would like to have a contact number for her Superior, I was told that was not allowed.

Ultimately the furniture was delivered. The delivery guys seemed to have one thing in mind, that be to get it in the house, get out. I told them not to be in a hurry, they needed to move the furniture back in place that they had removed. They did half the job. Overall, I got the impression that headquarters has some pretty stringent rules and regs for these employees to follow. I actually do not blame them for their conduct but see it as an unyielding, rigid system from above.

Original review: May 11, 2019

Worst customer service and Delivery experience ever. 4 delivers and I am still missing product. I have been told I will be contacted by local management. They never called. I was told I will be contacted by Regional VP. Never called. Emailed corporate. They don't care. I should have gone to Living Spaces.

Original review: May 10, 2019

First delivery had a reasonable window and nice people, but it turned out that a crucial component was missing from the bed so they couldnt build it. I spoke to someone on the phone and they said they would get more of that part on the 21st (this was on the 6th). This was unacceptable since this was a bed for an apartment my wife and I are moving into. Luckily they had another bed in the warehouse, so the earlier they could schedule it for was the 9th, but the delivery window was from 6 30 am to 10 30 am and since we had to drive to the apt this was crazy early. Luckily the driver did wait for me. Also one of the screws for the slats didnt go all the way down. Bed seems fine now but overall would've rather bought from a different store.

Original review: May 10, 2019

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!! My family and I spent $7500 on a furniture set including counter top table, hutch and coffee table. We had a huge issue with the top of the tables chipping paint. It was non stop to the point where my wife and I looked at each other and said we should call warranty to come out. YES.... WE DID PAY FOR WARRANTY FOR COMFORT.... Let me tell you that is a different story. Well anyways they come out and look at the table and montag looks my wife in the face and says, "This is not something we can fix." He also says, "And good luck with Ashley Furniture trying to help you." Their own insurance providers told me they were crap but I gave them Benefit of the doubt because I just spent $7500 and figured they like their customers. I went into the store and had to call corporate about the table. Corporate says that there is a manufacturer defect in the table. Keep in mind I have a whole set. With the same defect.

Ashley Furniture then says, "Sorry sir that we will only replace your countertop table. You will have to find a table at full price and keep your old chairs as we will not be replacing the chairs." I am now at this point stuck with a defective remaining set and chairs with hopes of finding a new table that somewhat blends with the new chairs. I called Ashley’s and said, "This is crap." They put me in a corner and said, "Figure it out." Me the customer out of everybody. Corporate says, "Sorry you're better off filing complaints as we can not help you." I said, "That’s fine. That is what I will do." I have reached out to Better Business Bureau with still no care. Also Facebook, Twitter, Instagram - every social media possible to make things right. It’s crazy how there has now been more business lost than what it would have taken to satisfy a customer. I will continue to share my experience everywhere.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I would never recommend, I made a deal with sales associate that included a nightstand back on April 2nd and now they said it was never included so the over $1000 I paid apparently doesn't include the nightstand "like they said". The bed and chest dresser were shipped, I was only able to get the bed because the chest dresser came in damaged! The bed came with slates I paid for to hold the mattress, delivery guys said, "The sales associate should’ve known better and should have sold you a box because this bed can’t take the slates."

Called up Ashley Furniture in Massena and had to call Potsdam one as well and went back and forth over the issue because the box was more than the slates and wanted to charge me an additional $50.00 which the mistake should not be my problem. I was at my point of returning everything if it wasn't for my almost 5 year old son who absolutely loves his bed, why should I punish him for the sales associate's terrible mistake?! Then finally said that’s fine they won’t charge me that they’ll “eat it” because of me! Really they didn’t “eat it” because of me. That’s their sales associates problem for selling incorrect pieces to a customer. So after all that now I have to wait even longer to receive the dresser.

Every time I would talk to the sales associates they gave me a complete runaround and were completely unorganized. We made a deal and they unfortunately did not hold their end of it. Still to this day May 8th when purchase was made April 2nd I still do not have the dresser. I called today and was told it won’t hopefully be too much longer. I said I had enough with this horrified experience that I’ve received from them and demanded a refund on the dresser. I personally went online 2 weeks prior to this and ordered the nightstand that I was supposed to receive with original order and I received it in 5 days from ordering it direct off Ashley Furniture store. So once again here it is May 8th and they are telling me hopefully not too much longer. So over a month from local Ashley’s I still haven’t received but you can order direct and it comes in 5 days… Makes no sense!!

The guy I spoke to was extremely rude. Gave me a hard time about returning and said, "I’ll call you back." Finally called back. Said, "What’s the credit card number" which they have it one file but fine I gave it to him and I asked, "Will this be done today?" He says not sure. He doesn’t do the returns. So why is he the one calling me if he has no answers for me? His response “Guess I’m the lucky guy that has to deal with you!!?” Wonderful remark isn’t it. I had called the actual corporation and was told there was nothing they could do because it’s a bought franchise. So apparently these privately owned Ashley Furniture stores can do and treat people however they'd like. Very unethical, terrible service all way around and I feel like I was robbed of something I was told my price included.

The all in sad part is I tried and wanted to keep my business local as we all preach “help our local business”, “Buy local”. Well it's experience like this that will deter me away from buying local. The horrific service is/was not called for and people should beware. Lesson learned!! I will never purchase from any Ashley Furniture store again!!

Ashley Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

A large selection of affordable quality designs. Shop online or in one of their 600 stores across the United States.

• High-tech fabrics: Durapella® and Duraplush™ are made from durable and stain-resistant polyester suede.

• Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty on frames, varying warranties on cushions, springs, sleeper mechanisms, leather and upholstery.

• Shipping: Standard shipping and in-home delivery options.

• Returns: Eligible items may be returned if unused and with original parts and accessories.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs