1.16/5
Based on 425 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Last updated: May 26, 2018

2388 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 26, 2018

Bought a table and chairs from Ashley furniture, the legs on the table are terrible, looks like they were done by a child. It's really disappointing when you think you're going to get great quality and don't, I didn't want to go to the brick because of this reason, I thought Ashley furniture was better but they're NOT. The arm on my sofa has very little cotton in it, you can feel the cardboard, so disappointed. I will never go back there and I will advise other people not too.

Original review: May 25, 2018

Went to purchase a bed. Salesperson was quick to make the sale. Went to the warehouse to pick up purchased items. They did not have all the parts (bed rails). Went back to the store and was told that the warehouse didn't know what they were talking about. I THEN requested a refund and I was told refunds take 8-14 days to process when it took 10 seconds to make my payment.

It has now been a week and I call the 866 number to check the status of my refund. After being placed on "hold" by not 1 not 2 but 3 different people (I was actually disconnected while on hold) I was told there was not a refund but a "store credit" issued and I needed to call the store to resolve. Needless to say I will never ever purchase anything from Ashley home store ever again! They are crooks!!!

Get expert buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: May 25, 2018

On 04/28/2018 I purchased a bedroom set that was delivered on 05/8/2018. When the bedroom set arrived the bed rails were defective and the store said that I had to wait for the new rails to arrive. I called the store today and was transferred to their Corporate office where a Manager by the name of Kanita ** said that the rails will not be available until June 8th of 2018. I explained to her that when I ordered the bedroom set I was told that it would arrived on May 8 and I told them that this bedroom set was for my grandmother who moved out here on May 1st. I explained to her that the bed is for a 90 year old elderly lady who has been sleeping in my bed, which is too high for her, since she arrived and I am afraid that she might fall off my bed. Ms. ** continued to say that this is how they do business.

I asked her if I was just supposed to grin and bear the situation and she said that that was exactly I was supposed to do. Ms. ** also said that I paid for what I got and my reply was, "I did not pay for a defective item." At that point I asked her for Corporate's phone number and her reply was that I was talking to someone in corporate. I was transferred to the corporate office by the local store. Ms. ** also said to the effect that I can't always get what I want. I also spoke to Store Manager Renitha **, who also said that she needs to talk to customer service.

Ms ** said that she will not override them and give me what I want. Ms. ** called me back a few hours later alleging that she had found a temporary solution. She was going to deliver adjustable metal bed frame so that that grandmother can have access to the bed. As of 05/25/2018 we are still using the mattress with the cheap frame they delivered on 05/11/2018. We are unable to use the original bed frame with the headboard and footboard that I paid a good amount of money for. This is a disgrace. I know that I can't always get what I want but at least I would like to get what I paid for.

Original review: May 23, 2018

Back in 2016, My husband and I purchased a leather 4 piece living room set. Not even 8 months after the purchase my husband and I noticed the threading coming away from both the sofa and the loveseat. We called Ashley Furniture and was directed to Customer Care (what a joke). I claim for repair was filed and they sent a repair person out about 2 weeks later. The repair guy arrives to my home at 7:30 pm to repair the sofa and ottoman, so I thought. The guy says he can do the sofa but will have to come back and do the ottoman.

It's Now 2018 and I have called contacted Ashley Furniture Store Customer Care and now they're telling me our furniture was under a limited service contract and I would have to call Montage Furniture Services (who are they?). We never informed that the 5 year service plan we purchased for repair would be with another company, nor was the service repair contract with Montage included in out packet. Montage Furniture Repair when we originally purchased the furniture. Now, the love seat is peeling at the shoulders and the ottoman is still coming away at the seam.

I contacted Montage filed a claim and they tell me the peeling of the furniture is normal wear and tear and is not covered under our protection plan. So, we now contact Ashley Furniture again who's also giving us the runaround, but I promise you if we stop payment and return it problem solved. There are too many furniture stores with better quality furniture and service. I'll never purchase furniture from this company again, EVER...

Original review: May 23, 2018

This place is really City Furniture behind the scenes - I will try and be as brief as possible - I strongly suggest shopping somewhere else. 4 out of the 11 pieces were damaged, 1 was missing. One month later we are still trying to resolve. It will take another 2 weeks to resolve they say. They keep making mistakes and we keep having to correct and guide them. Even two pieces we went to pick up ourselves were damaged, they never inspected them. The delivery people bring and take only what they want, not what the order says. They have been dishonest from the sale, each person telling us something different about returns.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: May 22, 2018

I bought new dining room table in March. They didn't have enough chairs in stock so they had to order them. We were told the chairs would be in about a month, ok no problem. A months passes and no chairs and no phone call so I call them up and they say that they will be in on by April 27th and again no chairs and no phone call. So again I have to call and now they tell me May 11th. This time it comes in and they deliver it on May 16th. First thing I do after they deliver it is pull the 2 splices out to and it smaller. On one side after taking it out the table will not go back together again. Then I notice my chair is wobbling so I check the other ones and three of them wobble and not just a little. They sent someone to look at the table and boy was this guy a piece of work. Told me to put some felt under the chairs legs. Still waiting to hear back from Ashley Furniture to see what they say.

Original review: May 22, 2018

Ordered my living room and dining room set at Ashley Furniture. They had 2 separate deliveries for it because the dining room was not available until a month later. My living room set was scheduled for 2 weeks after my purchase date and when the delivery came, the delivery guys could not fit my couch in the freight elevator. I have stairs right night to the elevator so I asked them to carry it up the stairs then and they said their policy is only to deliver to 3rd floor via stairs and can't deliver to mine on 4th. They asked me if I wanted the rest of the pieces because they couldn't waste time there since they have more deliveries and to call Ashley's and deal with them on the issue. They took the stuff back.

When I called the store the sales manager told me that I should have measured my elevator and figured out whether it will fit or not and it is my responsibility to do so. I told him I don't know how their furniture will come to my house if it's assembled or not and that should all be disclosed when I was buying it. He said the delivery to anything above 3rd floor is $75!! None of this information was disclosed when I bought the furniture. He pretty much said I need to reselect furniture then or pay the $75 and nothing else he can do. I was so upset with their service and his attitude and called the customer service number.

The employee on the phone was much more apologetic and told me she will see what she can do because she never heard of the $75 dollar extra delivery charge for above 3rd floor. The next day the store manager called me and told me they will cover it but I need to be sure that it will fit up the stairs. They knew what floor I lived on when I gave them all my information when I bought the furniture and the fact that nothing was disclosed at that time is ridiculous. I am more pissed with how they handled the issue and the blame they put on me as if I should know how their merchandise will arrive. Very dissatisfied and would never buy anything there again.

Original review: May 21, 2018

When my furniture was delivered I asked them to be careful with my floors as they were brand new. They brought all in beds, dresser, mattresses, table and chairs, and a big electric chair. When it came to the love seat and couch they said they could not bring it in 'cause I was afraid they would scratch my floors. I'd can't you lay it on blankets and push them in. They said they was concerned they might drop them as they are so heavy when they would sit them down. Long story short I had to leave them sit in my garage till they sent someone who could carry them in. 1 week later they did. I called Ashley store with my complaint. Said manager would call me back. Guess what. They never did.

Original review: May 18, 2018

We order a new mattress back in April. Ashley Furniture told me it would be delivered on May 11th. They called to say the furniture would be a week late. They came in May 17th with the headboard and dresser. Never brought the mattress. When I called customer service to see where my mattress is they told me it should have been delivered and that they'd call me back. They never called me back. I had to call them back the following day. They said the best they can do is bring the mattress may 29th and offer a $150 discount. I will never ever show at ashley furniture again. For the amount of money I have spent this is completely unacceptable. They seem to have "no control" over anything over there. Twice I was blown off by the company in regards to where my bed is.

Original review: May 18, 2018

After paying for a TV stand with fireplace and 2 side tables, when my furniture arrived, I went to pick up and it was not assembled. The salesperson never told me that if picked up, it was not assembled. Then, my fireplace insert was not there. The warehouse guy told me I didn't order one. Yes, I Did! So, I had to go over to the store where a very nice salesperson told me they would fix the problem, and get me the fireplace insert. At that time, I paid the delivery fee, so my furniture would be assembled and delivered, so I didn't have to make another trip to the warehouse. The next morning, the store owner called and was very rude. She would not admit it, but I was quoted and paid the wrong price, and she stated she would not sell me that furniture for the price I paid.

She never apologized, and seemed to be accusing me of the mess up. I paid the bill I was given. She could not tell me what happened, and then she hung up on me! When I spoke with her again, again she was very rude. No apology for the confusion, she just wanted more money for what I had already paid for! I asked for a refund, and she said, "Fine, I'll give you a refund," and hung up on me again!!! Horrible customer service by the owner. The other ladies were very nice. I can order the same stuff online for cheaper, but unfortunately I won't be, because it is delivered by my local store, and I don't want any part of that lady's business!!!

Original review: May 17, 2018

Bought a recliner for my 90 year old mom, it was delivered on time. (You have no choice but to pay the delivery fee, can't pick it up at the store). Mom hated it, and in less than 45 minutes I called to have the drivers come and pick the chair up. My mom wanted nothing to do with it. That's when they started to pass the buck. First lady, Carol, said she would contact the drivers... I never heard a word; I called back after 20 min. and the second lady, Karen, told me I needed to go to the store where I bought the chair and they would take care of it, went to the store and was abruptly told NO RETURNS.

I did not have the chair 45 min. No one ever mentioned a No Return Policy. Now I'm stuck with this chair. The people I spoke to just passed the buck, which was me. La-Z-Boy has a 48 hour and Valley Furniture has a 72 hour. Had I know there was no returns, even after 45 minutes, I never would have bought the chair, I would have stayed with La-Z-Boy. It took me two days to calm down, and when I start thinking about my experience, I start going back to the new level of mad all over again. BAD BUSINESS.

Original review: May 17, 2018

Purchased a mattress at the Ashley store in Elkton MD. We had the mattress delivered and after the men left I discovered it had mildew on one end. Call store and was told to take pictures and email them to the manager who showed the owner. The owner said it was dirty. I am a 62 year old woman who knows what mildew looks like. Instead of calling and apologizing he told the manager to tell me if I wanted a new mattress I had to pay $100 to have it delivered. Mildew and mold is a health risk. The mattress was $900 and the owner has no scruples or conscience to do this. I had purchased other furniture and customer service means nothing to this sty. If this is Ashley’s method of doing business it is criminal.

Original review: May 17, 2018

I was very hesitant to order from Ashley Furniture after reading the reviews. The outdoor furniture I bought is very comfortable, and the delivery process was great. I received a confirmation it was being delivered 3 days prior and the order was delivered on time and the crew was great. Very pleased.

Original review: May 16, 2018

On March 7th I received delivery for furniture purchased from Ashley Furniture. A three piece sectional which we paid over 3500 dollars with an extended warranty because of the power on two pcs we thought they might give out in a few year's time. To my surprise after 6 weeks in my home that only two adults live in material started separating from wedge nails or tacks have started coming out from sofa every time it shifts from weight I assume.

They sent out a repairman that stated they are making this furniture too fast. They want to remove the top part of the wedge and replace it then add movre filler to keep furniture from sagging and remove tacks or nails which by the way caused a snag in loveseat when he took previous nail out. Now they wanna play nip and tuck with this set and turn my NEW FURNITURE INTO USED AND REBUILT. This is a disgrace and customer service is a joke. They keep saying that I signed for the furniture and said it was in good condition and that if it can be repaired that's what they have to do. They HIDE BEHIND THEIR WARRANTY INSTEAD OF TRYING TO PLEASE THEIR CUSTOMERS.

I hope what I have stated helps just one person to decide not to buy from them. I will be happy. Please avoid this store at all cost. If you have a problem they will give you the runaround. I can't imagine that other stores in our area would treat a customer so badly. The furniture is called BRASSVILLE SECTIONAL. PLEASE BEWARE!

Original review: May 15, 2018

My purchase date was 4/8/2018, in store we not only witnessed a catty argument between two employees over who was going to get the sale from our purchase, but also had an extremely pushy employee trying to sell us any and every item we showed even the slightest bit of interest in. Upon purchase of our furniture, the delivery address was entered in wrong in the computer, we corrected the employee and watched as she changed it in the computer in front of us. A few weeks later, we received a call to schedule the delivery of our furniture, the delivery address was once again incorrect and we told them the correct one and had them change it before scheduling our delivery for 5/11/2018. The day before the delivery we got a confirmation call of our delivery time and date, once again the delivery address was wrong when told to us, we corrected it and had them change it for the third time.

The day of delivery we received a phone call at 9 am stating that our furniture would be delivered within 30 minutes. During that phone call the delivery address was wrong for the fourth time and we corrected the person on the phone and awaited delivery of our furniture. Around 11:30 am the furniture had not yet been delivered so we called the Frederick store which transferred us to the warehouse, when we were informed that the furniture had been delivered. So since the furniture had not been delivered to our house, we called the store back to find out where our furniture had been delivered. This was such a long process as we spoke to not only a few different store employees, but numerous warehouse employees, the dispatch coordinator for deliveries, as well as consumer affairs of Ashley Furniture.

Finally, 4 hours later we found out that our furniture had been delivered to the wrong house, mind you, this was the address that was changed 4 different times in over a month time span. But luckily for us this was a house we had just moved out of so we knew where it was. When we arrived at the house to look at the furniture and potentially take it to our new house, one piece was damaged. We called the Ashley Furniture store and they had no solution for us other than to schedule a pick up time in 4-5 days to get the furniture and deliver it to the correct address. Nobody was even acknowledging that we had damaged furniture or that our furniture was dropped off not only to the WRONG address but was left with and signed for by painters at a house that is currently vacant because the new owners have not moved in yet.

We called Ashley Furniture that evening once again and were told by the managers on duty, Ashley and Dustin, that we could go pick up the undamaged furniture and leave the damaged furniture there on the porch to be picked up later that week and scanned into the warehouse so they could send us a new piece of furniture. We agreed to this and went to pick up our furniture the next morning, and left the damaged piece on the porch as instructed, and called the store again to tell them that it was left on the porch and they could pick it up anytime. A few days later we received a phone call from the warehouse asking for the owner of the house the furniture was delivered to’s contact number so they could call to set up a pick up time to get the damaged piece of furniture. We informed them that we were instructed to leave the furniture on the porch and they could pick it up whenever.

At this point in time the employee from the warehouse became extremely nasty on the phone asking why the furniture was left on the porch and then proceeded to hang up on us. We called the store back and told them we were no longer speaking to the warehouse employees because of the situation that had just happened and were transferred to a manager. After telling the manager, Ashley, the situation and telling her that we would like to be reimbursed for at least the delivery fee of our furniture since we had to go pick it up and deliver it ourselves she said she was going to speak to Fatima the head of the dispatch at the warehouse and tell them that the furniture was on the porch. We informed her we had already told her that and she said “when I hear something, you’ll hear something”.

That evening we called the corporate office number and were transferred to consumer affairs and left a voicemail explaining the situation because all representatives were busy. It has now been over 24 hours since both of those phone calls with Ashley and to consumer affairs and we have yet to hear anything back from either person. We had filed a complaint online with Consumer Affairs as well and only received one email back about it simply asking the city and state of the store. We responded immediately and have yet to hear anything back from them either. We have yet to hear anything about our new furniture to replace the damaged and when that will be delivered as well.

This situation is so ridiculous in general because of the way everything was handled. Clearly the store does not communicate with the warehouse or the delivery company because even after the 4 different times of changing the delivery address they still delivered the furniture to the wrong house. The fact that nobody has responded to any of my emails, phone calls, or voicemails is beyond rude and ridiculous and shows me that they are not concerned about their customer service at all and don’t care about losing a customer. We will never again buy anything from Ashley Furniture HomeStores and will deter any other business from friends or family as well.

Original review: May 14, 2018

Purchased a Power Reclining chair on 6/22/2017. This is 5/14/2018 and the chair is very uncomfortable to sit in. The stuffing compacted. Called the Ashley store to discuss warranty and was informed by a very rude customer service rep. that normal wear and tear was a customer problem and would be repaired at our expense. The chair cost over $1,000 and carried a one year warranty. We also purchased the extra warranty coverage which excludes almost everything. We should have read the document, our bad. NEVER BUY THEIR WARRANTY PLAN OR BETTER YET DO NOT VISIT THEIR STORE!!!

Original review: May 11, 2018

I brought a bed from Ashley Furniture, when it got to my house the guys were an hour late from the delivery window. It also had a rip in the bottom of the mattress and handprints when the guys remove the plastic from the bed. They call customer service to inform them customer service had all my information and said that someone would get back to me, that was 3 weeks ago. I still have not heard from anyone. I have called them numerous times and no one answers the phone. I am currently on the phone as I write this review. I have been on hold for 2 hrs with no one to answer the phone as of yet.

I'm very disappointed with the service and I need this resolved ASAP. This doesn't make any sense, how they treat their customer and you spend a lot of money with them. I only accepted the bed because I gave the current bed that I was sleeping on to my child, so now if I didn't accept the bed I wouldn't have anywhere to sleep. I expected to receive a call from customer service or at least someone to answer the phone in a timely manner. This is completely ridiculous.

Original review: May 11, 2018

April 2018 went to Ashley to purchase a mattress & box spring for a guest room or a sometime a bed change for myself due to a major medical problem instead of me sometimes sleeping on my new sofa. The salesmen started off by showing us a mattress without saying it only had a cloth side. You could touch the side feel nothing but wire springs that was weird cause I thought, "Are we back to the seventies?" plus was like a rock. We said absolutely not. He next shows us a pillow top. Said no due to pillow tops seem to sag in middle. Next one was the one we picked. We laid on it. Seemed comfy. Had regular sides. When touch sides didn’t feel metal springs. Sides were solid plus I could use when I’m having a flare up or our adult children come home from the south when visiting (our son is 6’3 & 225lb) plus has a wife, we let salesman know this, so the first mattress definitely wouldn’t work at all.

Every mattress set was same colors and pattern. At checking out at almost closing quite a few employees were in same area doing a lot of conversations including with our salesmen and the girl behind counter whom he handed our paperwork to his topic was asking was his days off approved. Cause it was important for something medical and he never took time off and going on and on and I stated, "I’m sorry but I don’t care whom does what but please don’t mess up my order cause this is important for our new home and our company would be visiting". (I also bought a rug separate transaction.) Plus all that was unprofessional and should be considered HIPAA law, so received paperwork and left.

Almost 2ish weeks later and date changes was delivered 2 men bring mattress & box spring in I didn’t see them take out of any packaging due to down a narrow hallway and the room is small so one man goes outside. I pop my head in and it looked like the mattress set was right size & color. Was kinda hard to understand the delivery guy. He says, "Ok, ok." I’m like ok. He called someone. They asked if it was delivered and looked ok. I thought they were asking like was it ripped and was the delivery ok. Well yes so they leave. My husband and I go in room get out the mattress cover we bought from them separately from my visa. So we start putting it on and as soon as we pick it up cause it goes under the whole mattress and we look at each other and say, "OMG. This is the first mattress he showed us" and we said, "Absolutely not."

I run to try and catch the delivery guys. They don’t come back. I call Ashley ASAP. Explain quick, "Please have delivery guys come back. This is the wrong set. We can’t keep this set." I was told, "We're sorry but they can’t come back." I'm like, "They’re not even out of our development yet." "No sorry but they have other deliveries." I’m like, "OMG. NO PLEASE." I was told they would order me the right mattress and contact me when ready for delivery. I really cried cause just didn’t sound right. So I called corporate. Same thing, "It’s ok. You’ll get the right one." I wait like till next day thinking someone will call me. No one did so I start calling and calling get different answers from everyone. I even wrote a Facebook post someone since has been corresponding many many times but I’m getting nowhere, so now they want to give me only 60%. Lose 40%, on the purchase of the “RIGHT” mattress.

This is so very unfair. We didn’t choose this mattress. My husband went by the Ashley store. He’s a very calm man. Talks with salesman and whom was there. The salesman says he couldn’t say anything. He has to agree with what the store says. My husband couldn’t believe what he was hearing. The salesman lying to his face my husband just shook his head and turned around and said, "Men don’t act this way. This is unbelievable." So went to the counter. A woman took a statement. She said this would get straightened out. Assured him it was probably just a mistake with the numbers on the paper. He said, "Thank you. Look forward to hearing from you." But still no further.

I tried to sleep on the bed. It was like sleeping on the ground and I only made it threeish hours and went back to my own bed, that bed can sit in there till the end of time. No one can sleep on it, I know I’m still in pain from the three hours cause the medical conditions. I have a bed like that is torture. So I can’t have my children or family come for a visit or vacation with us in our new home.

I don’t have adequate bedding for rest, I only have family from long distance states so I only get a couple visits a year and I was just told my husband and I are going to be grandparents for the first time so that means if they come they have to take extra expense to rent a hotel but they’re not going to take their newborn baby to a hotel. Germs etc. So this is not fair to me as the first time grandparents or my husband that we don’t get to see our new born grandchild. We are disabled and cannot travel so that leaves us left out. Hope you can help us resolve this issue for we have run out of options. Thank you very much for your time.

Original review: May 10, 2018

I purchased a "Leather" reclining sofa and loveseat from Ashley Furniture in July 2017. The seats have been wearing terribly. I am not even sure if this is really leather as they say. I have leather sofas that are 16 years old that are in better condition than these, which makes no sense. Of course we purchased the extra warranty, so I called in for my "warranty" coverage and sent pictures. When speaking with one of the representatives, they told me "WE ARE HAVING PROBLEMS WITH THOSE". So to me this made sense. When the repairman came to look at it- he insisted that the damage is from my dogs. My dogs DO NOT go on my furniture. This was their excuse not to have to honor the warranty and their low quality manufacturing.

What would the excuse be if my dogs weren't there? They then offered to touch it up but I would have to sign a waiver that this was acceptable, that isn't happening. Take ownership of your shoddy products Ashley Home Store and replace the cushions as you should. Do yourselves a favor DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ASHLEY!!! You are just going to be throwing your hard earned money in the garbage and they don't care.

Original review: May 9, 2018

Purchase a Dining room set, living room set, and bedroom set less than one year ago from Ashley Furniture in Chattanooga. When the furniture was first delivered, it had a few dings and scratches, but they fixed all the issues. BUT, less than a year later, a bubble appeared on top of our bedroom dresser and then it flaked off. I contacted Ashley, as directed by our salesperson, because it was still under warranty and much to my surprise, after spending $1000's of dollars, I was informed that the bubble and flaking issue was not a factory defect and was the customer fault. They said it could of been the polish we were using to clean it. So, I guess someone needs to contact the company that make "Pledge" and tell them their product will remove finishes. Frustrated with Ashley Furniture for not standing by their products and warranty.

Like so many other companies, once they get your money, they're dead to you. I will not purchase from them again, nor will I recommend them to anyone else. I wish there was a way I could go back to the day I walked in their store so I could walk back out and not waste my money. The bad thing about it, I spent a lot of money on a product that should last years, but now I have to look at a dime size bald spot on the top of my dresser. Great Job Ashley standing behind your product. NOT! You got me once, but I will never darken the doors of any of your stores again.

Original review: May 9, 2018

BUYER BEWARE!!!! DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS FURNITURE STORE! My husband and I purchased a $5000 living room set back in 11/2017. The coffee table, tv stand and end tables were damaged. It took 2-3 months to finally replaced the damaged tv stand and end tables. Almost 7 months later, we have yet to receive the replacement for the new coffee table. They have attempted to deliver the coffee table at least 5 times, but the day before or the day of delivery date, they would call us to inform us that the piece is either damage, not the right piece, delivery driver was lost, etc, etc.

We can’t get anyone or the manager to call us back so our next move is to go to the store we purchased it from and create a scene if that would get anyone to help us. This is beyond ridiculous and by far the worst company we’ve ever dealt with. PLEASE DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY. SAVE YOURSELF THE HEADACHES AND FRUSTRATION.

Original review: May 9, 2018

This company is one of the worst companies we have ever done business with. We ordered a bed set (mattress and frame) that was supposed to have been delivered today on 5/8. We only received the frame. We were informed that the mattress would not be delivered until Friday 5/11 after waiting nearly a month to receive it. I asked if I could drive to the warehouse in PA and pick the mattress up myself and was told that they are closed but I am more than welcome to pick it up at 10 am tomorrow. The incompetence of this company is baffling. Please save yourselves a severe headache and order somewhere else. These people have no idea of what it means to assist a client.

Original review: May 8, 2018

We had the worst experience at Ashley furniture store. We purchase furniture from a Ashley in NY, for a house in Atlanta. Later we found out that Ashley had stores in Atlanta, and it would be cheaper to buy there and have the furniture delivered. Ashley said they would credit our account back and we could use the credit card in ATL. Once we arrived to a ATL location, they said the card was maxed out. Ashley stop taking our calls to find out why the credit never happened. It took months to finally resolve the issue. This is not how a reputable company should act. The bed we purchase from the Ashley in ATL, we had to return. They gave me a date of pickup, but never showed up on time. when I call the customer service line, they would tell me that they will pick up the bed the next day, but never show up.

For 5 days they would 'lie' about coming out to get the bed. very aggravating and time wasted for me, staying in the house waiting on a pickup. Finally 5 days later someone showed up. They claim they had the wrong address. I didn't understand that excuse, because it was the same address they delivered the mattress to? REALLY!!!

So after all of that, I checked my account and realized the mattress was never credited to the account. I called the store in Morrow GA. they said their records indicate the bed was never picked up? REALLY... so now I no longer have the bed and the account was not credited like they said it was. How can a company operate so POORLY. I strongly suggest you do not buy anything there. If you do, I hope you never have to return it or call customer service for any issues, because it WILL be your worst experience. The store, finance company and deliver company are all working in silo. I have no idea on how they claim to be the #1 furniture company. I included pic of Ashley truck taking the mattress.

Original review: May 8, 2018

My husband and I went to the store on Pulaski Highway in Baltimore on March 14, 2018. We were told 4-6 weeks for furniture. It’s week 9 and still none. I called at week 5 and week 7 and was told that it was late and would be delivered May 3. Still no call. I asked for my delivery fee back. Was told I’d get it after delivery (yeah right). Calling back this week, I’m very dissatisfied and we won’t shop here again.

Original review: May 7, 2018

DO NOT purchase anything from here and DO NOT be persuaded by their protection plan!!! Purchased furniture (bedroom set) 5 years ago (I know a while ago) but also purchased warranty - biggest waste of $300!!! Repair man came out and filled in some scratches with a wood marker (do not get me wrong loved him there was only so much he was ALLOWED to do) and told me he could not fix the rest because the dresser was warped from changes in temperature which caused the wood to crack!!

Did not hear from Guardsman so I called them and they said wasn't covered!! So basically what is covered?? NOTHING. Save $300 and buy yourself a wood marker and some sanding paper from Menards and fix it yourself. Not to mention when I called Ashley they said nothing they could do!! They warranty their products for 1 year ($5,000 purchase and 1 year?). When I contacted corporate I said so basically I'm screwed. She in so many words said yes they could do NOTHING to help me. Meanwhile have pieces from Darvin over 10 years old with just some minor dings. Save your money!!!

Original review: May 6, 2018

Furniture is okay, but the delivery teams were absolutely the worst that I have ever encountered. The men that made the two deliveries that brought my furniture were rude, inconsiderate and rather ignorant of how to set up my furniture. They traipsed through my home without even wiping their shoes on my doormat. I had to vacuum after each of the delivery teams left. One of the men on the first team said he had no idea how to put together the table that I purchased and said he would have to sit down and read the instructions first. They then saw that one of the pieces of the table was badly warped and said that a replacement would be delivered by a different team.

The second delivery team managed to put the table together. However, when they were about to leave, I noticed that they left many large staples embedded underneath the tabletop that were used to hold a fabric covering for shipping. They actually asked if I wanted them removed! When I said that I did, they then wanted me to supply them with the tools to remove them! I sent a certified letter to Ashley more than a month ago, detailing these and other faults of their delivery teams and requested that Ashley respond to me. I also sent a copy of that letter to their Customer Service Department who acknowledged that they received it. Nobody from Ashley has responded.

I received emails from Ashley asking me for reviews of my purchases. I submitted reviews that noted the horrible delivery people. They responded that such comments were not going to be accepted by them! Obviously, they only want positive comments. What a joke they are! If you decide to purchase furniture from Ashley, I strongly suggest you pick it up yourself or hire your own delivery people. Their delivery teams are horrible.

Original review: May 4, 2018

We bought an extended warranty and all we get is a runaround. "The guy will call you tomorrow," and he never does. The couch we bought is sinking and we can’t seem to be able to get it fixed. This company is terrible and has the worst customer care. I would not recommend them to anyone. I am thinking of going to small claims court to get my money back for the couch and the extended warranty.

Original review: May 4, 2018

I will never buy another piece of furniture from here again. I was lied to about the delivery date. My bed was missing pieces. They lied to me about the overall price. Called to see how many more payments I have left and things don't add up. Worst experience.

Original review: May 2, 2018

I called over a month ago and requested service on my daughter's dresser drawer. It does not close. I was told someone would be here on the 1st of May. I received no call and no one showed up so I called and they failed to send someone to our house, the rep was rude and he then said he would have to call me back with a new date which is beyond unacceptable. I had to take off a day of work for this for them not to call or show up. No one called me back of course with a rescheduled date. I had to call once again and was told I'll have to wait till the 16th. This is not ok and I will NEVER EVER BUY ANOTHER THING FROM THIS COMPANY. Beyond disappointed and disgusted with the customer service. I wish I could return everything and get my money back and if you ever do purchase their warranty package don't waste your time. They can't even bother to honor it.

Original review: May 1, 2018

I ordered two dressers and two nightstands for our master bedroom and a bed and a dresser for our son's bedroom. I ordered on a weekend and I was told I would be called on Monday with a delivery date. Monday came and went and I never got a call. Tuesday I called our salesman and he said that he wasn't sure about delivery he would call me back. Wednesday came and he never called. I called him again only to find out that he actually ordered the wrong dresser so he had to fix that and said he would call me back. Again he never called me back and I had to call him. At that time he told me that everything on my order would be delivered on May 1st. I asked him twice everything on my order will be delivered correct? And he said yes everything.

Here we are May 1st and the bed did not get delivered and the delivery men told me that it was back ordered!! Very poor communication and organization. We tried to order some couches from this very store 15 years ago and had a similar experience where they kept pushing the date out further and further. We were moving into a new house and had a birthday party plan for our son so we ended up canceling our order and ordering from somewhere else because we needed couches for the party. We won't be back to this store!

Ashley Furniture expert review by ConsumerAffairs

Founded in 1945, Ashley Furniture became an industry leader in 1970 when its first plant opened in Wisconsin. The plant started with 35 employees, and the brand has since grown to include stores in more than 120 countries.

• Convenient locations: With many locations across the country, it's easy to find a showroom near you. Use the store locator tool on the website to get started.

• Quality tested: Each design from Ashley Furniture undergoes rigorous quality testing for safety, comfort and durability. Take a look at some of the methods used on their website.

• America's #1 home furniture brand: Ashley Furniture's quality appeals to consumers across various demographics, making it the top selling home furniture brand in the United States according to Homes & Textiles Today with reported revenues in excess of 3.3 billion dollars.

• Online showroom: The online showroom feature gives you an idea of what to expect at your local store, but it's just a sample and shouldn't be considered a complete inventory.

• Best for: Families, individuals and professionals.

Profile picture of ConsumerAffairs