2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.17/5

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

BOTTOM LINE

Ashley Furniture sells affordable furniture available in varying colors, styles and materials. Consumers like its price-matching program, discounts and variety.

PROS

• Price matching
  • Large variety
  • Affordable
  • Room Builder tool

CONS

• Short return period
  • Pay for assembly

Top Ashley Furniture Reviews We Found

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

… very professional and helpful. Highly recommend. They both showed us various choices and made our decision very easy. Chris met us as soon as we came in the door and answered all our questions and then some. Joe was always very courteous.

My Sales rep Ms. J. determined the type of mattress suited for my body and health needs via technology … Ms. J. was able to locate and have the mattress delivered the next day! ... It could have been a stressful process, but thanks to her experience, knowledge and commitment to excellence it wasn’t.

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

About Ashley Furniture

At Ashley Furniture, shoppers can find furniture ranging from entryway benches to duvets and pillow shams to outdoor fire pits. Many products are available in a variety of colors and textures. Online, customers can use the Room Builder tool to visualize how selected furniture will fit in a space. Ashley Furniture features the following departments:

• Living room
    • Home decor
    • Rugs
    • Lighting

Ashley Furniture prices

Ashley Furniture is known for its economical pricing and is popular for its frequent discounts. The price of Ashley Furniture products varies based on the selected product and its delivery and assembly method. In-store and online shoppers can choose regular doorstep delivery or premium delivery, which includes furniture assembly. For online shoppers, the company offers free shipping on thousands of items.

The company has a price-matching program for identical products with lower prices from six major retailers, though some restrictions apply. Ashley Furniture also has a price adjustment guarantee that allows price adjustments up to 30 days after a qualifying purchase.

Shoppers can apply for special financing from the company’s finance partners with approved credit. Terms range from six months to 72 months. Exclusions and restrictions may apply.

Ashley Furniture FAQ

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?
    Ashley Furniture is designed for budget-conscious customers and offers reasonable quality at an affordable price.
    Does Ashley Furniture give discounts?
    Yes, Ashley Furniture gives discounts in-store and online. The company offers discounts around certain holidays, and you can often find discount codes to use for online purchases. The company’s website occasionally offers deals that do not require a discount code.
    Does Ashley Furniture give refunds?
    Products can be returned within 30 days with the purchase receipt. Defective items are replaced.
    Is Ashley Furniture real wood?
    Ashley Furniture pieces are made with engineered wood, a product that contains cellulose fibers and synthetic resin. The engineered wood is stable, millable and durable and takes paint well. Engineered wood is flat, smooth and dense and resists warping, cracking and splitting.

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?

Ashley Furniture sells durable, stylish and affordable furniture for people's homes, outdoor spaces and offices. The company doesn’t use solid wood on many of its furnishings, but the engineered wood product the company does use is eco-friendly and can withstand normal wear and tear. We recommend Ashley Furniture for its wide selection of materials and designs, affordability and price-match guarantee.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: July 14, 2020

My mother and I went to the Colton, Ca location to look for a sofa sleeper. She bought the perfect piece to match her house decor. Three days later, we went to go pick it up. We were informed by one of the sale associates, that there was a mix up at the warehouse and her “perfect piece” was sold. Nevertheless, we were extremely disappointed and ask to speak to a manager. After talking with Mr. Hector **, not only did he calm what could had been a volatile situation, but he agree to resolve the situation by replacing my mother’s “perfect piece” with a better one. Overall, he and Mr. ** (Sales Associate), went out of their way to make sure that my mother and I was satisfy. Thank you, Mr. Hector ** and your team, for make a bad situation better.

Original review: March 9, 2020

I was mattress shopping and landed at Ashley’s. How lucky for me. I needed one asap. My Sales rep Ms. J. determined the type of mattress suited for my body and health needs via technology. I tried almost everyone there and went with what was recommended. There were none in stock there. Knowing how the supply chain works, Ms. J. was able to locate and have the mattress delivered the next day! Now, that’s service. It could have been a stressful process, but thanks to her experience, knowledge and commitment to excellence it wasn’t. I worked in customer service over 30 years and to find this level of service today was shocking in a good way. There’s not much of that anywhere today. Thank you Ms. J.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Feb. 18, 2020

I am a big fan of your company and for the most part, have had great interactions with your representatives. I purchased several items through your Milpitas store and I will continue to be a loyal customer because of Sohndre ** from your customer care team. I have been sleeping poorly since my headboard fell apart. The bottom of the furniture complete collapse and parts of it snapped. I am lucky that so far no one has gotten hurt. I have been trying to resolve the issue for the past month by calling into your customer service line.

We purchased the headboard about mid-December, it has only been a month or so before the item complete broke apart and collapsed. I have been given the run around by 3 different representatives, one whom did actually lie to me several times over the phone. I honestly was about to give up on your company and share in detail my experience with the representatives and I have not had a company just completely lie straight to my face before. However, I thought I would give it one more try. I am so glad that I did! I was so lucky Sohndre ** was the one to answer my call.

She was very understanding, patient, and went above and beyond to assist me. She of course, had to look into the case and review the pictures for herself, came to a determination and reached out to make sure that I would not receive a bounce back message and have my case auto-close once again. On top of that, she did more research and reached out to the parts department to assist me with a resolution!!! AMAZING customer service!!! Not only did she hear my issue, she made sure to do her job, and then she reached out to different departments of your company to ensure that my case would be handled correctly! All the meanwhile, she thanked me for my patience and understanding!!

I was completely blown away because this is NOT what I have experienced before! Thank you Sohndre **, because of your hard work and dedication to assist your customers the right way, I will hopefully continue to be a loyal customer. My order is now pending review to see if they will approve the orders, so that I CAN PUT the parts together and FIX my bed finally!

Original review: Jan. 18, 2020

My husband and I went to the Baton Rouge location to look at the mattresses. We were greeted by Nicholas once we were in that department. He was very professional and knowledgeable about every brand: from the memory foams and pillow tops to the coils/foam on the hybrids. We were telling him our preferences and what we currently were sleeping on. He told us about all the various mattresses available and explained what they were made of (foam/coils/etc.) and what they do for your body. He was so knowledgeable and friendly that I knew in my heart I wanted to BUY my mattress from HIM on that day! He never once pressured us into buying!

His goal was to explain to us all about the mattresses we were inquiring about. He was also intuitive to figure out that my husband and I did not like the SAME mattresses. He then went a step further to explain that we could actually buy two different TWIN XL mattresses to make a KING size mattress. He then made sure to check the inventory on the particular ones we were looking at to make sure they did come in the XL size. He was so awesome -- I believe he "saved" my marriage by explaining to us that we could SPLIT the bed!! Nicholas is truly a Miracle Worker!! So, if you need a mattress - please go to the new Baton Rouge, LA location and request NICHOLAS **!! YOU WILL HAVE A PLEASANT EXPERIENCE!!

Original review: Dec. 3, 2019

Ashley Furniture has a big selection and a good return policy, I have never returned furniture but it's in the paperwork. However the customer service is not that great. They act as if they're better than you and they hate their job but besides that the rest is great. I have purchased a sectional couch and a kitchen table set and both I have had for years and I have kids and they're like brand new so no complaints there. The furniture holds up well and decent prices. Everyone with little or a lot of income can afford to buy from them and it's all still high end no matter the price.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

For anyone contemplating purchasing from Ashley's Furniture in Bend, OR I would HIGHLY recommend NOT doing it! Last night, while trying to go to bed, our cat Sloan was playing around with our other cat Wilson. He ran under the recliner and was then caught in the actuator. His fur AND skin was pulled in and we could NOT get him out. My husband, John, had to take apart the motor and remove it from the chair (all while Sloan was still attached to it). The gap on the actuator is much larger than it should be, about 3x wider than that of other manufacturers, which can allow for a small animal or finger/toe to get stuck in it and cause serious harm.

We spoke at length with the manager at the Bend store, Mark H. We advised him that we just purchased this chair in April, now due to the unsafe mechanism in the chair we had to completely disassemble it, which leave it not working. He refused to do ANYTHING for us, telling us it was the CATS FAULT!!! Both John, and I were injured in the process of removing Sloan from this faulty piece of equipment, and the poor kitty is bruised, sore and terrified! I can imagine we are not the only people that this has happened to, and we probably won't be the last! Seriously disgusted with their lack of customer service.

Original review: Nov. 20, 2020

I would give 0 stars if I could. (I’ll try to be as concise as possible.) I ordered a couch, 2 desks, a bookcase, 2 desk chairs, a 5 piece sectional and an ottoman at end of July 2020. Was told by and given in writing, by the sales girl, that delivery date would be 9/3/20 for the couch and that the bookcase and desks were in stock and could be delivered within the next 2 weeks, but we decided to wait and have the whole order delivered on the same date. Date came and went and no delivery and no contact. We contacted store and spoke with assist. Mgr, Buddy, who was rude and stated that they don’t give delivery dates and they are telling everyone 6-8 weeks and we are in that time window and would just have to wait.

Called back the next day and spoke with store mgr, Bryant, and he apologized for assist mgr and gave the excuse for his rudeness as that he was ex military???. He stated that sales girl was new and shouldn’t have given us a delivery date and offered a partial delivery on date of 9/12/20. We contacted warehouse ourselves and were told that no delivery date was on record with them. They stated that they could deliver our partial delivery on 9/19/20. We called the store mgr back and he said that there was a glitch In the computer system and every time he looked at our order, it must change our delivery date.

We were later contacted by Louisville warehouse again and stated they didn’t have our items in stock (which they and the store had both previously said were in stock) and our new delivery date would be 11/19/20 and they’d be in contact with us. The store manager offered us a $100 refund for the inconvenience. We never got it. My husband contacted the manager 3x regarding us not receiving the refund. Each time, he stated that he had put it through and would do it again. We just went to store this weekend to check on our delivery date since it’s coming up and no one had contacted us and the store mgr told us that our new date is 12/18/20. He also doesn’t remember offering us the $100 but “if you say so I’ll do it”.

We had decided to start looking elsewhere and he offered us $400 to wait. We told him it wasn’t about the money but the poor customer service and left the store. We returned to the store later and as we walked into the doors, a voicemail popped up on my husband's phone from Ashley. We went on in and told the mgr we wanted to cancel our bookcase and desks. He said ok and stated that he would do that right then. And then said that he had just called to tell us he had refunded us $400. We said we still wanted to cancel the items as it had been so long, we no longer needed them. He proceeded with the refund and said that if he had known that we were going to cancel items, he wouldn’t have given us the $400 but that our order was still big enough that it was ok.

He printed me a receipt where he highlighted the $400 amount and wrote at the bottom “please refund $400 to credit card to save sale” and then he printed me a 2nd receipt that he highlighted the $541.85 which he typed at the bottom “please refund $541.85 cancelled do not need anymore”. We watched for refund and we received it back on our card in 2 amounts, the 1st amount for $400 and the 2nd for $141.85. (Not 541.85 as my receipt stated) and after further exploring the receipts I realized that they had the exact same invoice/sales order. We would have been perfectly fine if they had not been deceitful through this entire process. Poor customer service doesn’t begin to describe what we have received.

(Also I asked for the name of the upper management to which none of the sales staff would give me stating that they didn’t know who that would be or who I could contact. I had to go through chat and call 2 different number to learn that the Richmond store owner is Chad ** and the home office number is 830-515-1400 to which I am waiting on a return call from currently).

Sent from my iPhone.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Purchased furniture in August. Received sofa loveseat November 20th... Received wrong ones sofa and loveseat are reversed. Still waiting on my bed. Try and contact them. You will be on hold for one and a half hour.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Paid cash for over $3500 worth of furniture in early September with a promised delivery by the first week of October. Called back in early October and was told it was pushed back to third week of October. Waited and then called again (because no one from Ashley's ever calls you), and the date was pushed back to the first week of November "guaranteed!" Now we are at the third week of November and they tell us it will be here by the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. We will see. I would rather have them tell me it would be 6 months and arrive 1 month early than to tell me it will be 1 month and it arrive 4 months late.

Original review: Nov. 19, 2020

Do not buy from this company. We had a couch and sectional, as well as a master bed purchased. The delivery company damaged both the couch and the sectional, and left a mess in our bedroom because the delivery company didn't know how to put the bed together. They also damaged our walls in the process of bringing the sectional to the basement. Two and a half hour wait times for customer service led us to having another bed delivered without all the parts. The third attempt was unsuccessful as well as the company showed up and didn't bring part of the bed, said they would come back and never did. Then they closed our order. After several attempts at resolving it and trips to the store, we finally got a successful bed delivery. You can call the store for delivery problems but they will tell you that they have no control over the delivery company. Now we are trying to return an item and we can't even get through to return it. DO NOT buy from this company!

Ashley Furniture Company Information