3.6/5 (2138 ratings)

About Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

Pros

• Price matching
  • Large variety
  • Affordable
  • Room Builder tool

Cons

• Short return period
  • Pay for assembly

Bottom Line

Ashley Furniture sells affordable furniture available in varying colors, styles and materials. Consumers like its price-matching program, discounts and variety.

Top Ashley Furniture Reviews

Why Trust ConsumerAffairs

Verified

… very professional and helpful. Highly recommend. They both showed us various choices and made our decision very easy. Chris met us as soon as we came in the door and answered al...

Verified

My Sales rep Ms. J. determined the type of mattress suited for my body and health needs via technology … Ms. J. was able to locate and have the mattress delivered the next day! .....

About Ashley Furniture

At Ashley Furniture, shoppers can find furniture ranging from entryway benches to duvets and pillow shams to outdoor fire pits. Many products are available in a variety of colors and textures. Online, customers can use the Room Builder tool to visualize how selected furniture will fit in a space. Ashley Furniture features the following departments:

• Living room
  • Home decor
  • Rugs
  • Lighting

Ashley Furniture prices

Ashley Furniture is known for its economical pricing and is popular for its frequent discounts. The price of Ashley Furniture products varies based on the selected product and its delivery and assembly method. In-store and online shoppers can choose regular doorstep delivery or premium delivery, which includes furniture assembly. For online shoppers, the company offers free shipping on thousands of items.

The company has a price-matching program for identical products with lower prices from six major retailers, though some restrictions apply. Ashley Furniture also has a price adjustment guarantee that allows price adjustments up to 30 days after a qualifying purchase.

Shoppers can apply for special financing from the company’s finance partners with approved credit. Terms range from six months to 72 months. Exclusions and restrictions may apply.

Ashley Furniture FAQ

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?
Ashley Furniture is designed for budget-conscious customers and offers reasonable quality at an affordable price.
Does Ashley Furniture give discounts?
Yes, Ashley Furniture gives discounts in-store and online. The company offers discounts around certain holidays, and you can often find discount codes to use for online purchases. The company’s website occasionally offers deals that do not require a discount code.
Does Ashley Furniture give refunds?
Products can be returned within 30 days with the purchase receipt. Defective items are replaced.
Is Ashley Furniture real wood?
Ashley Furniture pieces are made with engineered wood, a product that contains cellulose fibers and synthetic resin. The engineered wood is stable, millable and durable and takes paint well. Engineered wood is flat, smooth and dense and resists warping, cracking and splitting.

Is Ashley Furniture good quality?

Ashley Furniture sells durable, stylish and affordable furniture for people's homes, outdoor spaces and offices. The company doesn’t use solid wood on many of its furnishings, but the engineered wood product the company does use is eco-friendly and can withstand normal wear and tear. We recommend Ashley Furniture for its wide selection of materials and designs, affordability and price-match guarantee.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 15, 2022

I would like to thank Robert and Homie at the Ashley Furniture Store in Altamonte Springs, FL for making things right. I was notified for the 4th time by their customer service that my delivery of 2 chairs was again delayed. I spoke with the associate Homie and told her that the customer service woman suggested that the store could possibly give me a break on the charges because of the extended delivery delay. I sent her all the information and was told that her manager, Robert, was refunding funds to my charge card for the delay. I want to thank both of them for being so nice about this, and the refund and it was very appreciated. They really came thru for me.

Original review: Jan. 5, 2022

It took me a whole year to pick the right sofa for our living room. First, I wanted a blue sectional sleeping bed sofa but I didn't like the quality. Then this one day my son and I did another walked through the furniture store with me then voila! We found an Ashley beige sectional sofa with silver studs on the left side arm rest and decor silver studs on lower part of the sofa. It has a high back with connected pillow backing and the store threw in the pillows for accent accessories. Very plushed backing for the back and head. My favorite seat is the middle. It makes me feel comfy! My daughter and I fight over the space when she comes over. I enjoy it! Beige is it since the children are gone. Oops did I say that? Thank you Ashley! Now here comes the grand. No drinks or food allowed.

Get buying tips about Furniture Stores delivered to your inbox.

Original review: Nov. 6, 2021

I bought an Ashley office chair from an independent furniture store about five years ago. The tilt/swivel mechanism failed. I initiated an online chat with Ashley. The chat person (yes, a real person) directed me to Ashley's Consumer Affairs department. I called them and spoke to Maria. She asked for the chair's model and serial number. From that she knew that the chair was sold to me 5 years, 3 months ago. The warranty on the tilt/swivel mechanism was only 5 years.

Somewhat dismayed, I asked her how much the replacement parts would cost. She said she'd need to initiate an order to find out and took my name and address. She then asked me if I'd like the order number. I replied, "Yes, but what was the cost?" She replied zero! She/Ashley was sending them to me for free even though they were out of warranty. The parts showed up four days later. I installed them, and the chair is now as good as new. This is outstanding customer service and product support! Thanks, Ashley!

Original review: Oct. 6, 2021

Steve ** was our salesperson. He gave us a tour of things we were interested in. We were only looking at ideas but because of steve he helped in every way possible, not pushing a sale as most salesmen do. He was giving us answers as lf we were prince Diana and Charles. L was so enthused with him l want the whole world to know just how lucky we were to have gotten him as our salesmen. When lt was time to pay l totally forgot about the price limit on my card and the sweetest lady just all smiles had to fix the issue. Her name was Dawn. L am a salesperson as well and l learned a lot from him that night!!! I believe both of them enjoy their jobs. Lt takes a lot to continue when the day ls wrapping up but you would never know the store was closing with their personalities. Lt was like they were beginning their day not closing!! I must say this was a great experience and l will be back to see them in my near future

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

We shopped around at EVERY furniture store available more than once and ended back up at Ashley's. After diligently shopping, we found the perfect everything for us! We purchased a living room set, 2 bedroom sets, mattresses, dining set, desk & tables for all. It was a big purchase for us and we were very leary about any sales pitch we may get. From the time we walked in we met Lillian ** (Douglasville) who walked us through (without hounding us) & worked with us on EVERY item. We love the quality and style of every item we choose and look forward to the premium delivery and set up of them all this weekend, and a few coming in a few weeks. We will without a doubt return to Ashley's for any other upcoming furniture purchases. The manager Keiron ** was also very professional and accommodating. No doubt 5 stars for our experience! Thank you Ashley Team!

Original review: June 23, 2022

We went to Ashley Furniture in Covington on Memorial Day to shop for furniture. We had relocated and our stuff is not here yet. We are living in an empty house. We explained that to our sales person who was standing next to a pylon that said "IN STOCK". She proceeded to sell us an "IN STOCK" sectional and a mattress that has the lifting mechanism for the base. We were told the mattress was "IN STOCK", but the base would have to be ordered. We were promised a delivery date of June 2nd.

We are quite certain that the sales person used the "IN STOCK", and the promise of the "white glove delivery and assembly service" to make the sale, knowing full well that we were not going to get our merchandise when promised. My husband called the store to talk to the sales person, and was referred to somebody else who was quite rude with him. He was told we might be able to get the furniture on the 17th. This last week he contacted the store again, and was told that the furniture was in the warehouse, but they were not going to be able to bring it out until the 3rd week in July. During this time his truck had arrived, so he asked if he could go to the warehouse and pick it up. He was told yes he could.

He contacted the warehouse yesterday to confirm that our product was indeed in the warehouse and ready for pick up. He was assured that it was there and ready to go. He took the day off from work, and we headed to the warehouse in Gonzales where the furniture was allegedly housed and ready for pick up. It took 2 1/2 hours to drive to Gonzales. When we arrived at Gonzales, we were told that the furniture might be on the trucks that were going to be unloaded that day, but there was no way of knowing for sure. The lady was nice enough, and said she would call my husband and we could come back and get it.

I am not sure if it is just this store that operates with no integrity, or if Ashley furniture has just gone down the tubes and they all just lie to make the sale. We purchased furniture from Ashley 20 years ago, a whole house full which we just sold before we moved. It was great furniture, the owners were the best, and we were extremely happy with it. It is too bad to see that this brand name has just gone in the toilet. We do not recommend you do business with these people unless you want to be lied to on so many different levels. I cannot speak to the quality of the furniture, as we have not seen it yet. We would have made a different buying choice had we been told the truth from the beginning.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I bought a set back in January. Delivered late May. Chairs came damaged. They refuse to exchange or refund it! Only a repair can be done! Why should I accept this? For that I would buy second hand furniture... they even refuse to pass my call to the manager. They said they got in contact with them and that the "manager" said it's their policy.

Original review: June 19, 2022

Aahley Furniture, carle place have cheated us. We paid in full for sofa bed, 2 accent tables, 2 cushions, 2 chairs, delivery stated for 18th june. When the delivery came, only sofa bed & bed were delivered. The bed panel was broken & others bent. It took hours to contact the store manager who told us they were not in stock & the sales person Mike didn't work for the company anymore. We had a housewarming party with guests & were left stranded. It has been 24hrs, no refund or solution so far. We will take legal action. How can you charge for goods if you don't have them in stock. The invoice also clearly mentions a full refund of goods are not delivered on the date. They never informed us of incomplete delivery. The manager keeps calling to say he is trying but it's clearly not working. We have no choice but to take legal action. We are cheated. The broken bed has to either be replaced or returned but Ashley are not answering.

Original review: June 17, 2022

The sales Lady was very good. The sofa on the shop floor was what I wanted. What happened after was extremely unacceptable. The sectional sofa and Ottoman was delivered. One section was wrong as it faced the opposite way. This was sent back and a new one delivered a few weeks later. The new sectional sofa does not fit flush and a technician came out to fix it with no luck. Not a massive issue. My main issue was the Ottoman which overhung on each side of it by about an inch. I said to the delivery driver that I didn’t want to accept it as it looks terrible and didn’t fit. He said, "Don’t worry, list all your issues within 48 hours and they will be sorted." They sent a new a technician to fix the issue. He came with a new covering and fitted it. As the issue was the unit itself being too big there was no change in the massive overhang.

After sending photos to their office they said it was within their standards. After more going back and forth they sent another technical out. The same result – you can’t fix a manufacturing default if something is too big. They said there was nothing they could do. I then complained to the Better Business Bureau and Ashley opened up the case again. This time they sent 2 technical over. They managed to fix 2 sides of the overhang but made the other 2 sides even worse. Also they made the inside of it very scrappy. They left and then I didn’t hear anything back from them. I then phoned them again and again. Then there were some exchanging of emails. The last thing they said was: “Unfortunately the only thing left would be to send someone else out to have a look. As per our Master Tech this is within standards.”

As far as he can tell the last Tech did a great job. And these unit very rarely ever line right up, there is usually a bit of an overhang. Albert Einstein quoted this: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” All I wasn’t was a replacement that fits or I swap it for the one on the showroom floor. How many times can a company send you circles is beyond me. I RECOMMEND NOT TO BUY FROM ANY ASHLEY STORES AND IF YOU DO, DO NOT ACCEPT DELIVERY OF AN ITEM YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I purchased a North Shore poster bed and after going to pick it up and getting it home and unboxing the bed was damaged and parts were missing and it’s been a nightmare ever since. Over 2 weeks now and still no answer when I’m getting another bed and I have had two people in customer service hang up on me and the store manager not return my calls. I definitely thought Ashley Furniture was better than this. I am greatly disappointed!

Ashley Furniture Company Information