1.12/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

2551 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I purchased my mattress with a 10 year warranty. It sinks and we wake up with a back aches every morning. Called Ashley. They sent a representative to measure the amount it sunk. I was told it was 1/4 inch away from where it had to be in order to replace it. After additional months went by I called again. They sent a technician again. This time I was told it was 1/2 inch away from the amount it had to sink. It was truly amazing! According to them my mattress improved even though I knew for sure it was worse since I kept a record of how much it sunk!

I called customer service to complain. They told me I had to speak to a representative before I could speak to a manager. After telling my entire story the man proceeded to tell me that there was nothing he could do and a manager was not available to speak to me. No matter how many times I called there still was not a manager available! I called Stearns and Foster directly and they called Ashley to speak to them. They were told there was no one there for them to speak to either! They asked the woman to give them my phone number and they would contact me directly! Needless to say that never happened. I feel that they were extremely dishonest and moved the numbers around so they would not have to replace my mattress! I would never buy a thing from Ashley Furniture since they don't stand by their products and they don't want to be bothered speaking to you. I was never able to get a manager!!

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

Bought 2 Curio/Book Cases (6/13/17) $1,000. Units smelled so bad that it took 2 deliveries to get something that we could stand. Had to use special deodorizer to reduce smell. Shelves fell after 13 months so beyond warranty. Told complained too late - said they'd review & call back - never did. Professional said they were made poorly with brackets that didn't fit & wouldn't hold shelves so had to pay for someone to repair and secure shelves permanently. Would never buy from them again. No return policy if disappointed just exchange and that was a hassle.

Original review: Sept. 5, 2018

I bought a new outdoor patio set for our new house and it was delivered in late May. The furniture arrived with a large slice through a patch of the wicker. The defect is at the corner joint, such that sitting on the largest part of the sofa causes the support wicker to give, which will almost certainly break after a few uses. Therefore, we cannot even use the furniture.

I contacted Ashley customer service in early June immediately after finding the defect. I sent a number of pictures clearly detailing the damage and was told that Ashley would be submitting a vendor credit to have the dysfunctional piece replaced. Customer service never reached out to me regarding any updates, so I reached back out to them and was told a decision on the vendor credit would take at least 30 days to process. I was never once contacted by Ashley customer service to provide any updates during that 30 day period.

Towards the end of the 30 day period, I decided to reach out to customer service myself. Interestingly enough, they called back and told me that they had heard back from the vendor that day and the credit was denied, so they couldn't replace my piece. However, they said that they had ordered a replacement panel and would be scheduling a repair technician to come to my home and fix the piece. Great, I thought, after a month and a half, I was finally going to have my furniture -- which we had not been able to use the whole summer -- fixed. A week later, the replacement part showed up; it was not a wicker panel, like I was told, but instead a small roll of the wicker strands.

I was skeptical that a technician would be able to weave the wicker to fix the defective patch, so I called Ashley and was assured that the technician would be able to handle it. I was also told the third-party service repair company would be reaching out to me to schedule the service. I waited a week and had not heard from the repair company, so I decided to call customer service to schedule the service myself. Interestingly enough, the Ashley representative was able to schedule the service technician while I was on the phone. The technician would be coming in two weeks time.

This past weekend, the technician showed up, as scheduled, took one look at the replacement roll of wicker and the defective furniture, and outright stated that there was no way he could fix the issue. So he took a picture of the defective patch, had me sign his report stating that he could not fix the piece, and told me I would be hearing from Ashley to figure out a way to fix the issue.

I was supposed to hear from Ashley by Monday afternoon. It is now Thursday and I still haven't heard from customer service. I decided to reach out to them myself. The customer service agent was able to find the report. She spoke with her supervisor about a path forward. I was not offered any way to replace or fix the defective piece but was instead offered the chance to keep my furniture at a discounted price. I stated that I would rather just return the piece for a full refund. I was told this was not possible. I was told that they will be requesting a vendor credit (to replace the defective piece) a second time and the customer service agent hung up.

I do not expect to hear back from customer service unless I reach out to them myself. I do not expect the vendor credit to be issued. I do not expect for Ashley to offer to fix or replace my furniture. It has been 3 months with a piece of furniture that was delivered in a defective, unusable state. Ashley customer service has not reached out to me on their own initiative one time to help resolve the issue. They do, however, continue to charge me each month for the furniture. I'm sure they would be pretty adamant about me paying if that were to stop. Long story short: Ashley customer service does everything in their power to drag out the process of fixing their defective furniture. They expect their customers to simply give up and accept the defects that will almost certainly show up in their cheaply made furniture. Avoid Ashley at all costs.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

Purchased sofa was delivered by two unprofessional rude men. Sofa had sweat stains which worker admitted where his! I refused couch sent back. Talked to company was told I would not receive my $80 shipping cost back. Why should I pay for a item that delivered improperly with defects. There were also a few chips from getting through door that I can overlook but not sweat stains!!! Will never do business again with this company.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

I had purchased a bed set and the delivery wasn’t one time. The delivery came after 4 days, all the sets were came with a wrong parts, therefore I called the company customer care waited for 35.min on the line and I told them you had sent me a wrong part could you fix it asap ,the company said no, we sent you a correct parts so finally on the 3 day technician came and took a look and indeed it was a wrong part, I called them back again for refund or send a new set they 100% declined this is what they say we will deduct 25% of your product if I want the refund even though it was their mistakes, what they are trying to here just sell the product and washed their hand, it’s a terrible experience with Ashley Furniture at Brampton... soon they will need shut the door if they are going like the way they are.

Let’s finish the story, so then they said well deliver your product in September 1st, I said cool, after 5 minutes someone from the customer services called me, "Sorry we don’t have that in stock therefore you must waited till September 16th", I said, "What kind of service you guys have?" No refund. No on time service. Please never go there its BAD people a bad service. Ashley should learn from other company, like Leons, Brick, Badboy. Why do you want to deducts 25% of my product, you made the mistake and I was not happy about the service.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Sept. 4, 2018

DON'T make online purchases!!! Online purchases made with Ashley credit require a separate card for paying purchase tax. I followed the rules and entered information for both cards. The confirmation email stated that my personal card was billed for the entire purchase and taxes. My Ashley account showed that my Ashley account was billed for the entire purchase and taxes too. Ashley phone lines had me on hold over 20 minutes twice and the line dropped twice.

I visited Ashley store and the associate said he couldn't help. Ashley didn't answer my online message. It was 6 days before I could talk to a person at Ashley. They said only my personal card was charged. I told them to put the charge on the interest free Ashley card I entered. They said there was nothing they could do but to have me receive the furniture, ship it back for a refund and start over. Their mistake will cost me loads of interest or loads of time, neither of which I have to spare. They insisted they could do nothing to correct the problem nor to alleviate the anguish they are causing my finances. Don't buy online with Ashley.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2018

I purchased this from Ashley Furniture. The sales rep sold me the wrong bed. I called. They told me it was the correct one. I went to the store. Located the mattress I wanted and compared it to the one that was delivered to me. I told them it was not what I ordered. The mattress I have has multiple bulges in it. They gave me a split base with king sized mattress and refused to exchange their mistake. This mattress caused me multiple back problems along with sleeping problems. I have to see a back specialist for due to the lumps and bulk bulging going on. Ashley furniture should be ashamed of themselves. The sales rep knew what I wanted but went ahead and charged me for a mattress I never even laid on. I am assuming because it was more expensive and giving him more bonus. This is unacceptable.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

Staff was great but the sofa I purchased ($900) is worthless. I had the sofa about a month and it’s already lumpy. I’m afraid to continue sitting in it for the fear of getting uglier. If you are considering to purchase furniture from this place - DON'T. Go somewhere else. It’s a waste of money. I think used furniture is better quality.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2018

A month ago I bought a complete living room set and two mattresses. Well in the store I wanted to see about delivery. It was not going to come on the time I wanted it to so I said I'd pick up. Which was that it would be ready the next day. I paid for my items and then was given three different dates spread out over a month that things would be ready for pickup. A little frustrated I left the store. I got the mattresses the next day. One was extremely hard like sleeping on the floor when was nice and soft like the one in store. I called customer care a couple days later told them about the mattress. They said they submitted a report. If I don't hear anything by the Friday call back.

I called Friday and there was no report made so then the lady made the report scheduled for a technician or whatever to come out. 3 weeks later the technician comes out. He says yes definitely something wrong with us. He leaves. I called customer care. They said, “Yes the report is in. We just need the mattress Department to look it over and somebody will call you." A week and a few days go by I call customer care and they're saying the technician's report is not complete and they need more information. The lady gets rude on the phone and says we're just talking in circles and she has submitted the request for more information and that is all she can do.

Mind you I'm a month if somebody else is now going to have to come back out to my house which is going to probably be in a month because they don't have enough technicians. I'm just incredibly frustrated with the entire situation from start to finish and it doesn't help. I'm not getting good night sleep because this mattress is not the mattress I bought. But no one actually cares because they're not the ones sleeping on a mattress what is equivalent to sleeping on the floor.

Original review: Aug. 31, 2018

I had purchased a bed set and the delivery wasn’t on time. The delivery came after 4 days, all the sets were came with a wrong parts, so then I called the company customer care waited for 35 min on the line. I told them, "You had sent me a wrong part could you fix it asap?" The company said, "No, we sent you a correct parts." So finally on the 3 day technician came and took a look and indeed it was a wrong part, I called them back again for refund or send a new set.

They 100% declined. This is what they say we will deduct 25% of your product if I want the refund even tho it was their mistakes, what they are trying to here bringing the Indian (Asian) mentality into this business, they won’t be for a long in this market. The front desk lady OMG she was like, "I can’t help you call the customer care." - Overall I screwed my money with them. Please BEWARE when you buy from https://ashleyhomestore.ca/ please avoid, please go check the other stores bad services and bad skills people. Ashley Should Learn From Other company, like Leons, Brick, Badboy.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

On 6/27 I purchased 4,900 dollars worth of furniture from them. They had to do two separate deliveries that took over two months to get, and when it finally came the nightstands were damaged, I rejected it and went immediately to get a refund, a manager and customer service rep looked me in my face and told me that the money will be put back on my card in five to seven business days. In 10 days I go back to this Tampa location Dale Mabry/Columbus, and spoke with the operations manager. She and another customer service rep looked me in my face and said she will handle it and have it expedited as well as call me when done, are 5:45 pm I called and asked about my refund and she said she just processed it.

When asked about the expedition she said another 3 to 5 days depending on my card, and all of a sudden there was nothing she could do and said she had a friend that could expedite earlier. Lies, still waiting on refund so if you want to be lied to, deceived and have your hard earned money tied up for days go to Ashley's home store on Columbus/Dale Mabry. Otherwise go to Rooms to Go and get professional timely caring service, God bless.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

After making an offer on our new house, we decided to buy furniture for it. We were to close six weeks after the sale which should have been plenty of time for Ashley to deliver the furniture on time so we could enjoy our new home. Our order wasn't anything out of the ordinary. We ordered a sofa, love seat, chair and ottoman, an end table, a desk, and a bedroom set. We were told the delivery date would match our moving in.

Our moving date came and went and we were informed the furniture would not meet the target date. My wife called Ashley and they ensured us it would be a week later and told us our order was in the warehouse implying we would receive all of it. When they called to confirm delivery, we were told we would not be getting any of the living room furniture other than the end table and ottoman. We got the headboard and the footboard and nothing else. Remember we ordered our furniture at the end of June. It is now the middle of August--now over 45 days.

We were now in our home for 10 days and had not sat and relaxed in the living room. Ashley called to set up the second delivery telling us on a good note we would not be charged for them having to come out a second time; however, they informed us we weren't getting all of our order. We are now well over 50 days from placing the order. They brought nightstands, the desk, and the chair. Still unable to enjoy our living room now over two weeks into our new house.

By this point our patience was running thin with Ashley. Broken delivery promises, lies about the status of the delivery, promises to compensate us for missed delivery dates that were never followed up with and followed through on. As the 60 day mark approached we began to get much more vocal already looking at purchasing furniture from Menard's just down the street and canceling the Ashley order. I wish we had done this in the first place as Ashley's prices are well inflated to cover commission and the service plan (which was over $700 and probably comes with the terrible commitment that we have experienced throughout the process).

We were promised by the local Ashley store our furniture would be delivered on Friday. When we went to confirm with Ashley corporate who schedules all their deliveries, they said that was not possible. We called the local Ashley store back and asked why they told us it would be Friday. The woman who now was handling our case explains they are all booked up for Friday and it would be Saturday. Once again, Ashley corporate would not confirm this and told us it would be later in the week.

My wife was already angry and was getting tired of Ashley's run around. Ashley already hung up on her as she was expressing her frustration as to why their promises on delivery weren't being kept. I began dealing with the communication and the woman said it would be the following week. I told her that if they can't get it delivered, they need to cancel the order. Miraculously, somehow they got our final part of the order in their possession and delivered it the next day giving us a small discount for our trouble.

Upon setting it up, we realized we were way oversold by the sales rep and didn't have room for the end table. Called Ashley to find out how we do a return noting we just got the final part of the furniture delivered today and said it felt cluttered with the end table. Their first response is ALL SALES FINAL. Then they said, "Well you can take a picture of it and we will decide if you have the space or not." This is not a company that cares about its customers and begs for repeat business. It will be the last time I walk into Ashley Furniture.

Original review: Aug. 30, 2018

I bought a sectional sofa on July 9, 2018 and delivered on July 11, 2018. It had very warehouse smell and we did not pay too much attention. A couple of weeks later, I noticed irritation to my eyes and throat. And my wife had the same symptoms. Only yesterday, I could made the connection and did search on the internet and found out the issues reported about Ashley Furniture smells and toxic gas emission. Other customers had described exactly the same symptoms that I am experiencing right now. I called the store in Wesley Chapel and the lady said they will not take them back. I will need help on this to resolve this issue before I reach out to Florida State Consumer Protection Agency and local TV station to help.

Original review: Aug. 28, 2018

The furniture is poorly made. The wooden frames are stapled together and have come apart twice in the nine months we have owned it. The first time, after a while, they sent someone out to fix it and he screwed it back together. Now the frame has come apart in another spot and they are refusing to fix it, claiming it’s not a manufacturer defect. I have the warranty that came with it and it clearly states that the frame is covered by a limited lifetime warranty and labor is covered for the first year.

The customer service is atrocious. If you can actually get someone to answer the phone they give you the wrong information, they don’t follow through with what they are suppose to do and they never call back as promised. I have spent weeks on this and I am no better off than I was to start with. We also bought the five year protection plan and of course they are saying Ashley Furniture should be responsible for the frame since it’s less than a year old. Save yourself the money, time and aggravation and go somewhere else!

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

Please see the photos of what our faux leather furniture, couch and loveseat, looks like after only 4 years and just keeps getting worse. The furniture was treated very well and well cared for as the instructions recommend but it is flaking everywhere, this is terrible furniture. Poor quality and no reply from Ashley Furniture.

Original review: Aug. 27, 2018

We had the misfortune to buy a new table from Ashley Furniture that we picked up at the warehouse in Colton, CA. A week after we got moved into our new house in Arizona, we discovered that our brand new table was infested with Termites. We immediately contacted customer support, sent pictures, and proved this was a quality issue, not environmental. After going around with the customer service rep, and their inability to get a manager on the phone (probably because they were ashamed) I was forced to leave a message because they flat out told me that I have to take time off work to bring the table back to California to be exchanged.

I asked why they don't just send the table to an Arizona warehouse so it can be delivered, and she responded, "We can’t do that". Can't do what? Stand behind your product and make a wrong right? If you don't want to take a chance of bringing unwanted pests into your house or if you expect to be taken care of after the sale, then DO NOT BUY FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE! THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT ANYONE ONCE THEY CASH THE CHECK. They make it just difficult or inconvenient enough that people won't do it.

Original review: Aug. 25, 2018

I recently purchased a new home and decided to buy everything new. The new location in the Warner Robins store (Ashley Furniture) was having a Memorial Day sale so I decided to shop. I picked out and put my furniture on layaway since I would not be moving for another month. Fast forward, July 14, 2018 I paid the furniture off completely and set up dates for delivery. It is now August 25, 2018 and I still HAVE NOT received my furniture. I have called several times and no one can tell me when my furniture will be shipped. I have tried calling the corporate office but they only lead me back to the local store with the same staff who can’t tell me anything about my furniture. This has been a horrible experience. I will never shop at this location again. If you are in the market for furniture, DO NOT shop with this location!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

We bought our bedroom furniture and received a broken drawer. After that, we had empty promises of call backs that never took place. Our drawer is sitting on our bedroom floor while they take their sweet time rectifying the issue. They have no regard for the customer. Their mission statement says they provide good service as to honor God. Needs to be changed because God keeps His word!

Original review: Aug. 24, 2018

I purchased my bedroom set Memorial Day weekend. I have only had it almost 3 months and the dressers and night stands have nicks and scratches all over it. I don't have small children or pets. I had my last set from a different furniture company for almost 20 years so I am very aware on how to care for furniture. I wish I would have done better research about the quality of Ashley Furniture prior to purchasing. I'm extremely disappointed.

Original review: Aug. 23, 2018

My wife and I purchased a couch from their clearance section last week. The couch was labeled DISCONTINUED. We had rashes on our legs after laying on the couch. Called to find out it's PRE OWNED! LIES!

Original review: Aug. 22, 2018

We bought a 14 piece living room set in Fresno, CA in July 7,2018 that was to be delivered July, 19 2018. I felt that was a long time to wait already. Our order was incomplete as the coffee table and end tables did not come because they were on back order. At the time of purchase this wasn't the case. After multiple calls I find out that our furniture is coming from over 3 hours away and will not be delivered until August 29th. This is the third date I have received the other 2 have come and gone. We paid $149.00 for delivery that they won't refund and I still don't have my tables.

Original review: Aug. 21, 2018

Ginnifer ** went above and beyond to make me a VERY HAPPY customer. I wish everyone was as pleasant, friendly and helpful as she was, the world would be a better place. She explained things in easy to understand words and even showed me exactly.

Original review: Aug. 20, 2018

Upon reviewing the invoice of a purchase of a bedroom set, I noticed an additional charge noted for a 5 year furniture protection plan. I did not agree to the addition of a protection plan at the time of purchase and declined so I didn't look through the invoice meticulously at the time of purchase. I contacted the company to tell them that I would like to terminate that plan as I have not used it nor intend to use it. They notified me that because it was beyond 30 days from the date of the invoice that they were unable to take off that charge and plan. Considering that I completed my financing through them, it doesn't seem like it would be that complicated to credit the transaction back to my account and terminate the plan. I feel duped by this company and do not plan to shop at this store ever again.

Original review: Aug. 18, 2018

Ashley Furniture store in Farmingdale NY is the ABSOLUTE WORST in customer service. Once you pay for your items and leave that store, the service stops. Purchase a dining room set with added 3-year warranty (Platinum Warranty) which after 3 months of use broke. Called the warranty company who sent someone to fix the table. Which they could not. So, we were issued a credit to use at Ashley stores. My husband and I went in to use the credit and was told that the CREDITED AMOUNT COULD NOT BE APPLIED TO THE SHIPPING COSTS and we would need to pay for shipping out of pocket regardless that the items purchased were less than the credit.

Manager Daryl would not do anything to help and only gave us the run around as to who we should try and call knowing that the same song and dance were going to be performed. Ashley's corporate customer service told us that the stores are franchises and any action(s) is at the discretion of each store. Like I said the song and dance. Sales personnel are very charismatic but once they make their sale, you are just another sucker. No one tries to even come to some type of common ground. I would NEVER purchase or encourage anyone to purchase any item at Ashley Furniture store in Farmingdale NY.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

In June 2017 I purchased the Patola Park sectional for my living room from my local Ashley Homestore. After about 3 months (over the summer months so couch wasnt used much within the 3 months of owning it) I noticed what Ashley rep in customer care tells me is pilling of the fabric (like a sweater) and that its normal. She said I'll need to get a fabric defuzzer to remove the balls or fabric. So I ordered one from Amazon and it really doesnt do the trick to remove them. I called customer care again and told them that the defuzzer wasnt working and this shouldnt be a problem with new furniture. I asked about possibly getting new cushion covers but was told no, that was until I spoke with a guy named Matt a few weeks later who was happy to assist me and sent out the covers.

I received the cushion covers and a couple months later same thing has happened, its pilling and driving me nuts because this is new furniture, I shouldnt have such a problem. Had I known this fabric would start pilling I wouldnt have purchased it. I've reached out to Ashley once again and I'll be sending them pictures of the 3 month old cushions they replaced the other ones with and I'll see what theyre able to do. I wanted to warn anyone looking at this particular sectional Patola Park before they purchase it.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2018

I bought a recliner sofa from Ashley which I thought was a good deal. In less than 3 months, the fabric started to come out of the stitches. The sofa is gently used so this is completely uncalled for. I tried calling customer service, after 30 minutes of waiting I am given another number. There again after 34 mins of waiting, the lady listens and tell me to give the details as well as post a picture of the tear to a phone number. Then nothing happens... No one calls/mails. Again I start calling customer care everyday and be on waiting for more than 40 mins then it disconnects. Today, after 35 mins of waiting a lady picked up, then I was transferred to 2 more numbers and waited there again for 30 mins before someone picks up. I'm given another number now, where I am told it's closed. This is terrible!

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Because one side doesn’t have the serial number they don’t want to give me credit. I told them that when they deliver customers don’t check to make sure all labels are in place before delivery man leaves. Now factory doesn’t want to give me credit for this piece of you know what. Totally upset because I paid more than $2,000.00 for that sectional. Ashley Pflugerville store gave me serial number from paperwork but they don’t take that. Well nobody tells you this up front. Totally bull if you ask me. The same thing has happened to a lot of customers with that type of material so why don’t they give you credit if the store has paperwork.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

Signature Design by Ashley bad after 1 year and 5 months - I purchased a leather couch and a leather recliner from Sleep Master in Longview Texas. I have been very happy with the comfort and design of the furniture however after only 1 year and 5 months the finish on the leather recliner is coming off where my head rest on the recliner. I now have an ugly spot on my chair that I have no way to fix and the warranty was only for one year. Of course after reading reviews I see that they never help anyone in any way and I sat on the phone till my ear was numb waiting and listening to that stupid music. No! They never answered the phone. Of course Sleep Master will not help. I looked at over 120 reviews and out of all those only five were above a one star rating. That is only four with a two star and one very recent with a 5 star all the rest were only one star.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2018

We ordered a bed frame, which arrived without a hardware kit allowing for construction. We have sent more than 6 emails, 5 phone calls, one in person return to the store. We have been told several times the kit is in the mail, tech will come out to fix the bed, they never showed up. A kit arrived that was not even close to being the correct kit. In short we are now two months with an incomplete bed, Ashley seems incapable of sending a kit of screws worth a few dollars. We are trying to cancel the order, and have not yet been able to even get anyone on the phone to talk to us about this. Their people are very nice, the situation is hard to believe, simple to fix, yet they seem incapable of this action.

Original review: Aug. 14, 2018

ORDERED MY DAUGHTER'S BED AND WAS PROMISED IT WOULD BE AT THE WAREHOUSE ON A THURSDAY. Went 45 minutes away to pick it up and they informed us the side rails were not there. After arguing with the warehouse and the store we agreed to have the rest delivered on the following Tuesday and they would give us a gift card for our inconvenience. Well now Tuesday is here and no delivery. I have missed 2 days of work and still no bed!

Called to talk to manager of Ashley Store and he never called back but a delivery caller called to deliver on Friday. Well, that was the last straw! Manager finally called and I told him to pick up the partial bed I had picked up and all he had to say was I had to wait 2 weeks and someone had to be home to sign for the pick up! No, I'm sorry, didn't care about all my inconvenience and had the nerve to say they wouldn't charge a restocking fee!!! Terrible store! Done buy from them, I learned my lesson!

Ashley Furniture Company Information