3.17/5
Based on 2,162 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

3115 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: July 2, 2019

I ordered a couch from Ashley in Altamonte Springs in Florida. They gave me a date that was 3 weeks out. When I went online they had delivery dates everyday. When I received the furniture it had a burn hole and the frame was all broken up. The manager replaced it but I had to wait another 7 days to have it delivered. He gave a $100 store credit for the inconvenience but when I went to redeem it, the lady in the store stated I didn't have it. I needed an ottoman to go with the couch so I then had them deliver it. 5 days later I get a call from the factory stating that they can't deliver it for another 13 days. This has been one of the worst experience ever.

Original review: July 1, 2019

This is an honest review for anyone looking for one. I bought furniture from Ashley - Calgary few times and recently I bought for about 17k 64 Ave NE - Calgary. Before selling they will treat you good and once they got the money then forget about any service from them and if you call their customer service they will treat you like an animal. I called them few times and shamed myself so stopped calling. I never wrote any poor review about any business but this one I had to. I regret my decision to shop with them again and again, they have no value to your loyalty. Please do not ignore this message and there are better stores sell better products with better costumer service. Good luck.

Original review: June 30, 2019

My kitchen table is only 2 months old and it is warped and they won't replace it. I will never purchase anything from this store again!!!! The seats are so uncomfortable. How can they sell a kitchen table that warps? Very dissatisfied.

Original review: June 30, 2019

I recently ordered my office furniture from Ashley’s and was given a time frame of 2:30 to 4:30. I received a second delivery time frame of 4:30 to 7:30. As the time approached 8:00 I had to step out to pick up my husband. The delivery drivers arrived at 8:15. I asked them to wait 10 minutes and they agreed. As I’m driving on my block the drivers drive past me and refuse to stop. I waited an entire day only for them to drive off on me. I attempted to wave them down and they laughed. Never again! The company really needs to look into these contractors they are hiring. It’s bad business and unfortunately this has left a bad taste for Ashley’s as a whole.

Original review: June 29, 2019

It was a nightmare purchasing furniture through Ashley Furniture Homestore. They delayed my order 3 times so it came a month after it was originally supposed to arrive. Every time I called customer service to ask when my order would be delivered, I was connected to a new person who told me they could not help me or predict the delivery date. When it finally did arrive, the dresser I ordered had no handles. The delivery guy told me that he would notify the warehouse to send another person over at a later date to install the handles which is incredibly inconvenient. There are also chips and defects on the furniture piece and the edges of the the drawers are frayed. I would highly recommend not buying from Ashley Furniture. I had read other negative reviews about this company and their customer service, but now I have learned my lesson and will never purchase from them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: June 28, 2019

I purchased a sectional along with the "insurance" and a guarantee from the salesman the sectional would be returned if there was an issue with the decorative stitching. Day 19 of ownership the stitching which is located on the entire seat and backing is coming loose and looping. This will cause it to eventually catch and break making it AN EYESORE as the stitching is tan over a charcoal fabric. This is why I wanted assurance the sectional would be covered had this happen.

The "call center" offered to respite, not possible as even the MGR agreed, second option they will return and charge me a 25% RESTOCKING FEE. That's not going to happen! You want to charge me a restocking fee for purchasing a defective product?? Really??? A 30 yr loyal customer. All managers have been giving me the runaround, stalling, not capable of problem solving Cody **. I will continue on this path until I get a resolution. I really don't understand your logic in losing a long time customer. Would Wayfair treat its customers like this? No way!

Original review: June 28, 2019

I could pay to return this item but why spend more money. The mirror looks nothing like the picture. Never again. Don't get ripped off. I have a picture of what I got to save others the 30 bucks. This is such false advertisements.

Original review: June 27, 2019

Overall - The furniture is 'OK' but be prepared to wait months for delivery. Do not recommend the '5 year worry free protection' because that the time and effort to use that will not be worth it. Unreliable delivery - I placed an order on Ashley.com on May 31 and was given a delivery date of June 19. Was told Ashley calls 24-48 hours prior to set up delivery window. Placed a different order in the NY Glendale store with separate delivery fee - was guaranteed delivery date of June 28.

Online Delivery issues -
      June 19 - No call / delivery window. Called in and was told 'delivery was unscheduled due to system glitch'. Rescheduled to June 20.
      June 20 - Same story - 'system glitch...unscheduled...' New date - 24.
      June 24 - No calls about delivery window. Called in. Now there is a new story. I was harassed into accepting a much later delivery date 'when online and store items are all available'. Well I paid 2 different delivery fees so asked them to deliver online items as they were available. Got a new delivery date of June 26.
      June 26 - Despite having told that our building allows furniture delivery between 9-5, I got a call for 6:30-10:30 pm delivery. Asked to move to noon-4 pm. Nightmare continues. They showed up at 8 pm despite the noon-4 pm window.

June 27 - I was advised that the best option is to 'just wait till everything is available' and they will now deliver on a date that

HARD TO REACH Cust Care - Takes over 30 mins to connect with agent - so I assume they are busy with others like me chasing down the items they paid for. For most part they give false information. Unreliable at best. 1 item that was delivered by UPS was 'OK'. Drills were in wrong places but we could assemble it. Overall - I will not brave this experience again. Have been without furniture for 2 weeks and have no idea when items I paid for will be delivered.

Original review: June 26, 2019

After suffering a total loss due to a house fire, and walking into Ashley Furniture on Jonesboro Road in McDonough, GA with cash money from insurance proceeds, needing to replace everything in a house, making every effort to make the money go as far as it could for a family of eight, the salesperson made the tense situation easy. No problems there. Then you wait for delivery. That’s when your experience goes bad.

You can expect to NOT receive everything in your order, you can expect promises of future delivery dates NONE of which will be met. You can expect erroneous delivery of items not ordered, you can expect omitted hardware for the furniture that is delivered. You can expect ABSOLUTELY NO SATISFACTION FROM ANY CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE as they claim they have no record of the erroneously delivered and broken item you received that you never ordered. Or they say they have reordered the expected dresser and nightstand hardware which you never receive, and you will not receive lamps already paid for even after being advised of THREE delivery dates, none of which are met.

So you seek higher-level expertise from corporate representatives. You will get no better results. So if you are buying furniture you actually wish to receive as marketed and promised, DO NOT deal with Ashley Furniture. You will be extremely frustrated in your efforts to get what you bought and paid cash money for, and you will be disappointed in the company’s attitude that after you pay, you cease to exist.

Original review: June 26, 2019

To the reader – good for you if you are proactive enough to read the reviews before you purchase anything because I didn’t. Lesson learned. Please enjoy the timeline below of the infuriating experience I had with Ashley Furniture. Long story short, when you are in the store trying out the furniture you like, you are supposed to know at that very moment that it will not be comfortable, and that you will have neck pain so intense that you have to schedule a therapeutic massage a week later (true story, neck still hurts even after that because I still have to sit on the damn couch). They don’t care to understand that I spent $2,000 and want to be satisfied with my purchase. Nope, that’s unreasonable. 6/11 5:00pm - delivery truck arrives, couch was delivered without a hitch. (Apparently I’m lucky after reading the rest of the reviews).

6/14 11:51pm - I called Ashley Furniture, asked to speak with a manager. No manager on duty. I requested more information on the policy to return the couch, as it was not comfortable and was causing me neck pain because our previous couch had a higher headrest, and I didn’t know that was something I needed until after I didn’t have it anymore. She told me that after it is delivered, there is not much they can do. I asked why they didn’t care about the customer satisfaction piece. She said she would refer this to management and explained the 30% restocking fee and the pickup charge policies. Was told someone would contact me within 72 hours.

6/15: Just to make sure my request wasn’t ignored, I went to Ashley Furniture and talked to Joe the manager to explain the situation. Was told he had no authority on the decision, that a regional manager would review and someone would call me within 72 hours. He explained the 30% restocking fee and the pickup charge policies. On a side note - the moment we started talking to Joe, he acted like speaking with us about this was the most annoying thing he has ever had to do. I gave them 4 days, no one called me.

6/19 1:26pm - called Ashley Furniture to asked to speak with manager. No manager on duty. Told them I haven’t heard anything and requested (more like demanded) that I need a manager call me back that day. Was told the manager was “away” but she would email another manager in the meantime to assist. No one called me.

6/20 12pm- Called Ashley furniture and office manager answered the phone (I almost fainted!). Said she “thought she may have seen something about this” (Nice! Then why didn’t you call me back?). Checked her email while on the phone with me. Said that my request was denied because we were past the 72 hour window. I disagreed as I had contacted them within 72 hours of having possession of the couch. Requested for a manager to contact me – someone who can actually make some decisions. She said she would reply to the email and dispute the decision, and that someone would contact me. No one called.

6/23 7pm – Went to Ashley Furniture and spoke with the sales manager, Alex. I voiced my frustration of feeling like I’m being completely ignored because no one ever calls me back. We asked him why they don’t care about customer service and asked what the actual process was for these approvals. He understood and stated that Ashley was just acquired by another company and all of the policies have changed. The staff isn’t even aware of what the new process is. Explained something about “we have to send emails and copy everyone” so then the ownership of the issue can be lost, or something to the effect of completely passing the buck and taking NO accountability. The receptionist chimed in and stated she did see an email sent on 6/20 disputing the 72 hour window, and that the decision was still with upper management.

We stated we weren’t just looking to get a refund and walk away, we would be buying another couch at their store and spending probably at least another grand. So we asked about the restocking fee and he stated that he agrees that the 30% was high and that he would request for management to either waive or significantly lower the fee percentage. He left us with the impression that they were going to make this right and the return would be approved and restocking fee would be negotiated. He promised that I’m now 2nd in line on his priority list of people to follow up with, and he would call me the next day “good, bad or indifferent”. I finally felt someone was taking me seriously and we were going to be taken care of.

6/25 4:45pm – Got a call from someone in the store “on behalf of Alex” explaining that there is nothing they can do for me. I asked what the reason was this time. She stated that it’s because nothing is wrong with the couch. I disagreed then asked why the first time they denied it was because of the 72 hours, but now that they had confirmed I did everything on time, the reason is different? And why is there no regard for customer satisfaction? She asked if I tried out the couch in store and why I signed off on delivery. There was a lot more dialogue but the only way she could answer my questions was with the response of “this is the decision I was given from management and they stated this case is closed and they will not consider looking into this further.” But then, she explained the 30% restocking fee and the pickup charge policies.

So I asked why they all keep telling me about that if there is nothing they can do? And why did Alex give us the impression that it would be approved and the restocking fee would be waived? She didn’t know. I basically got to the end of my patience rope and voiced my frustration by telling them I would NEVER be shopping there again, and neither would anyone in my friends or family circle. She said “that’s fine.” Then I said “this is **, I’m getting a lawyer.” Not one of my greatest moments, but I do have a legal benefit through work where attorney’s fees are waived so it wasn’t an empty threat at the time I said it. I told my dad about it and he said I should try to call Alex and speak with him directly.

6/26 12pm – called Ashley Furniture with my dad on the line so he could do most of the talking, asked to speak with Alex. Basically, Alex relayed that I ruined my chances of speaking with them further since I threatened a lawyer. We asked a bunch of questions, got a bunch of crap responses. Nothing they could do, they don’t care if I’m not going to shop there. He took no ownership of when he told me about negotiating the restocking fee because it was “before he knew all the details.” He gave me a “customer care department” to call if I want to speak with anyone further.

Fun fact – under the first paragraph in the return section of the sales receipt, it states “A restocking fee will be charged for all returns, including returns due to a customer’s change in preference of color, size, if the item does not fit, or any other reason.” Interesting that customers can return it because they don’t like the color, as that is something THEY SEE IN THE STORE! SHOP SOMEWHERE ELSE – THEY DON’T CARE ABOUT YOU AFTER THEY GET YOUR MONEY. I’m not sure how they are even in business at this point. Hope they go down the tubes eventually. Karma is a you-know-what.

Original review: June 25, 2019

We love our living room set from Ashley, my wife thought she found a great deal on bedroom set, ha! Ashley, I am surprised that you carry such junk. Thanks for a bedroom set that will have zero resale value in two years when fake surfaces peel off. Ya, they "LOOK" great in pictures.

Original review: June 24, 2019

I went into the store to look for a bedroom set. Didn't find anything but they showed me something online, which I liked. Went through the process of getting credit for the sale price but when I found out they approved me, they said I couldn't use the credit that day. I had to wait 7 days for the card to buy. I could've just used my own credit card, had I known instead of getting a new card I will never use. I receive the furniture and didn't closely check everything and sign off on the paper. Then when I start filling the drawers I noticed a knob missing. I check other areas and there are chips on 3 of the 4 pieces of furniture. I call them and ask to have it replaced and they said, "no" because I signed off on it already. Still waiting on 2 more pieces. Wonder what they'll look like, which is coming in 3 weeks. 2 weeks more than what they told me at the store. WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! DO NOT BUY FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Original review: June 22, 2019

I have purchased items from Ashley Homestore in the past, with no issues. Then we come to this purchase on April 19th, 2019, in which it was a special order product, with no refunds or exchanges allowed. I was a little concerned about that initially, but I liked the idea of having something that is limited edition. My order was promised by May 12th, 2019, so I thought that's not too bad, right... Wrong, for it is now June 22nd, 2019, and when I called they displayed a severe lack of apathy, when they told me it will be more like July 21st, 2019! I am appalled for now it will be 3 months I have to pay for a purchase that I don't have??? Who does this!?!?!? Ashley Homestore that's who!

Original review: June 21, 2019

I purchased a Luxora sectional April 2019 at the Ashley store in Cumming, Georgia. I was hesitant due to the experience I had with a less expensive couch I bought for a basement years prior. The material rolled up into black fuzz balls. But I chalked it up to being used by kids. The couch I just purchased was supposed to be higher quality and I only bought it because the couch I really wanted was a bit higher in cost, but better quality. But since I have no kids at home anymore I figured the couch will hold up better. A few months after the fuzz balls appeared so I called and took the cushion in to Ashley. They referred me to the 5 year warranty, that the salesperson sold me telling me the fuzz balls will be covered. She lied for the sale.

The 5 year warranty doesn’t cover that....so I called Ashley again because it’s under the 1 year manufacturer warranty. I was told that Ashley won’t cover it and to get a razor and cut them off. It’s a year later I finally got Ashley to send a tech out and now they won’t cover it because it’s past the year warranty and the 5 year warranty doesn’t cover it. I spent $3500.00 on this couch that is only a year old and looks like crap. I will never purchase another piece of furniture from Ashley and I will ensure other consumers know about the product and the lying and lack of customer service I received!

Original review: June 21, 2019

I bought a sectional sofa from the Oklahoma City store. I believe the name is Larusi, 8 months ago. The fabric has been pilling and soft. Looks very old. Mathis Brothers and Ashley say this is normal and won't honor either of their warranties.

Original review: June 21, 2019

We purchased a sectional sofa in 2014 and paid over $2,000. The salesperson very simply explained to us the Platinum Protection Plan ($249.99) amount would be refunded to us if we didn't submit a claim within the 5 years. Well, it's been nearly 5 years and I called the store for the refund -- they sent me to the warranty department who explained that I could cancel the plan and receive a prorated amount OR roll the protection over to a new purchase. I am waiting for a return call from a manager, but long story short? We were lied to from the beginning.

Original review: June 20, 2019

This store has the worst customer service I have ever encountered. The furniture is cheaply made, and if you have problem once you have made a purchased. You will not receive a call back and any kind of customer service. I received damaged merchandise. Was lied to on the telephone every day that I called that I would receive a call back. Never buy anything form the Woodbridge store, If you try to return anything they will charge a 30% restocking fee. Remember that. You will have to pay either way.

Original review: June 19, 2019

Ashley is great if you want to wait for months for your furniture to be delivered and have the time to wait for damaged furniture to be returned in a few more months. Oh and if you ask to cancel your order they keep a ludicrous amount of the money for cancelling even though you have none of your furniture. I ordered March 1st 2019. This is June 19th and I am still waiting on a mirror for my dresser and a chair for my table that they say won't be in until July 27th. I tell EVERYONE I know to NEVER buy from Ashley furniture. It is the worst experience I ever had with any furniture company. I keep a sign on my vehicle that says, "BEWARE OF ASHLEY HOME STORE."

Original review: June 18, 2019

I phoned the company to let them know that the left arm on the recliner was on crooked. I put a carpenter's level on the arm and demonstrated how the right arm was fine but the bubble on the level clearly showed that the left arm was off kilter. They sent a tech who said he could not fix it since the problem was definitely a factory defect - something covered under warranty on this chair that I only had 3 months. He also used a level and confirmed that the whole chair leaned since the arm was not on straight. He took photos and said it was now up to Ashley how to proceed.

They finally called me back to say the tech did not find this chair to be a problem and they would not repair or replace it. I will NEVER buy anything from them again and I will do my best to spread the word about how they do not stand by their promises or products. It surprised me to read good reviews by other people. Perhaps they are fake? I am adding here photos of the arm - one from the side and one overhead - with the level and the bubble that confirms how slanted it is.

Original review: June 18, 2019

I purchased a sofa in 2011 and Ashley reneged on the delivery date, I did my part and sold my existing couch to make room for the new one, didn't have a couch for over 2 weeks. They gave me 2 $100 gift cards for my trouble. On May 28, 2019 I purchased a bed frame, night table and dresser. Salesperson was super nice and helpful and promised delivery date at my convenience as long as I called 72 hours ahead of my desired delivery date. Dresser would take about three weeks for delivery however. Called up over 72 ahead and they said they were booked and I'd have to wait another week for the bed and nightstand. Had to cancel my existing bed pick up and new mattress delivery.

Delivery of bed and nightstand arrived as advised and all seemed ok and I tipped the delivery guys. Got a call from Ashley delivery to see how it went I said good. I happened to be working that day so it wasn't until later I went into the bedroom to prepare for my mattress delivery and when I shifted the bed one of the rails detached from the footboard. The technician didn't attach the rail correctly. I tried to connect it to no avail. It was like there was a defect in a very simple assembly. I then noticed the inside of one of the nightstand drawer panels was cracked. Then I noticed the techs left some of the packing debris on my walkway. Went to the dumpster to throw it away and discovered the techs threw the large boxes and packing in the dumpster practically filling it up.

Called the delivery phone number and advised them of the situation and they said they would have the store manager give me a call to see if they could get me a replacement bed and nightstand that day. No callback and then the mattress delivery guys got there. They tried but could not get the rail connected and they gave up and left my mattress on the floor.

I took another look at the rail and determined the rail bracket was put on misaligned with the footboard, so I took the bed apart, slats and all and detached the bracket, repositioned it and was able to get it connected mind you to put the bed back together it was at least an hour of work which the delivery tech could have saved me if he had cared to do his job. Then I installed the mattress and box spring myself and glued the cracked piece of the nightstand drawer. No call from Ashley so I went down to the dumpster and cut up the boxes to avoid people from getting upset and make room for their trash.

Called the Ashley store and they told me the manager was at lunch and would call me upon his return no call after 7 days. Called the store which makes you hold for half an hour while they tout how awesome they are. Finally got through to a manager who I told my experience to and he told me he really cared and seemed sincere. He offered me 2 $100 gift cards... I couldn't find the ones I received 7 years ago naturally, so I asked for $200 off my purchase and he gave me both. He also confirmed leaving items unassembled and trash on premises was not policy. Then I asked him to let me know when my dresser would be delivered since it was suppose to be delivered the next day, didn't hear back, text the manager and he said he would check on it, haven't heard back. Three weeks since my purchase. Pretty much a disaster!!!

Original review: June 17, 2019

Delivery driver sat on my street for two hours obviously taking a break. He then removed my delivery from the online tracking system which showed my delivery as rerouted to a different day. I had to contact the store 3 times to find out why this happened. Management was rude and unresponsive. I sat on hold for at least 30 minutes. I was told the store was busy and they were dealing with customers. Hello, what am I? The delivery driver showed up at 6:00 when he was sitting on my street since 3:30. When the delivery driver showed up, he would not allow us to inspect the items in the box. We told him we would not sign for the delivery until we inspected our purchase and he got into the truck and drove off. The driver was unprofessional and management at the store was rude. Go to a different Ashley Furniture in Atlanta.

Original review: June 16, 2019

I bought most of my home furniture from Ashleys since 2013. I bought a whole set of bedroom furniture from Ashleys that includes a Queen bed frame, box, good quality mattress, dresser, night stands and a dining table. I trashed almost everything except my bedroom furniture which I paid, bad quality wooden sticks glued over bed frame, nightstands and dresser which are getting off by now. I am super upset about this garbage and wasted my money. Would never ever buy anything from Ashleys. Actually, it's not even wood, it's cardboard kind of thing.

Original review: June 15, 2019

Ordered a King size bed frame. They delivered a broken bed frame. When called store, they are completely irresponsible and mentioned it's none of their business to discuss regarding broken furniture. If they represent the company, and they can sell the products, they should be responsible for everything that customer suppose to receive. Don't buy items from here.

Original review: June 15, 2019

I ordered a sofa love seat and area rug. Placed order on the 1 of June. They were suppose to deliver on June 13. Time between 12:30-4:30. Ok fine then I get a update on time 12:30-6:30. I work graveyard and need to get to bed by 6:30. Ok I call and ask them if they can deliver another day earlier. She says she will check and call me back. I call the next day since I didn’t get my call returned. They say they can’t do it, pass me to manager. She says they only deliver in my area once a month. I was livid. Then she says she will call warehouse to see if they can deliver sooner. I asked her if I could pick it up from warehouse myself. She said, "no", cause I paid for premium delivery. She will call me back.

I call that afternoon cause no return call. She’s gone for the day he looks into it. They said, "no", they won’t deliver in and we live too far from town. So I cancel. Ok I also bought at the same time the area rug. I call since it’s being delivered by UPS and I want to track it and I have no tracking number. They say, "oh I have no tracking number cause it hasn’t been labeled yet." What! She says it takes from 6-10 for them to do it. I told her it’s been 14. She says, "oh it’s still not labeled", to call back Monday, it might be labeled by them. So again DON'T BUY FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE. The worst customer service and from what I’ve read, glad I was able to cancel my order.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I purchased a new bed and mattresses from Ashley on June 19. As of today I have not received my delivery. They keep delaying the delivery and now they gave me a delivery date of 6/22/19 which is a entire month after my purchase dates. The most tragic part of it all is that my entire home was destroyed by storm Harvey. I’m just now getting back in my home and my church members and myself raised money to buy these beds. Now me and my family are being displaced again because we have no beds to sleep on. What a horrible experience.

Original review: June 14, 2019

I bought a new house and went to Ashley hoping for quality furniture and good service. I thought wrong. Bought a dining room set, master bedroom set, double bookcase bed, and a living room sectional and entertainment unit, all totalling over $13,000. Delivery was split in 3 due to the size of the order. Problem was the master bed had 2 right rails, so I slept on the mattress on the floor until they could figure out where the missing piece was, so I suggested that they delivered the bed if that was faster, which they did. The drawer on the bookcase bed couldn’t be assembled properly so a technician had to be called in to repair it. The entertainment unit had a broken piece, which had to be reordered. The sectional was ripped at the bottom so a technician had to be called to repair it.

My 3 delivery dates turned into 7 separate visits, which cost me money and time away from work waiting for deliveries and technicians. We thought at least the dining room set was ok, until we felt the nails sticking through the cushion, which I’m currently waiting on a replacement. Customer service at 18007373233 was called several time regarding the issues and compensation. We were told to wait until everything was delivered so they could determine an amount. I was skeptical and ready to cancel the remaining items but was reassured to wait. I waited and no one called after the last delivery. I called and was offered $150 to shop at Ashley. That’s the maximum they offer!! I couldn’t return any of the items because it was past the return window. The last item that I wanted to return cost over $2000. Had I known I was only getting $150 I would’ve returned everything and shopped elsewhere. I’ll never shop at Ashley again.

Original review: June 13, 2019

So, about 2 weeks ago, I ordered furniture from Ashley Furniture. I was told that I could have it delivered to my new apartment in 2-6 weeks. I was moving in 3 weeks, and figured I could make do without a bedroom set for up to 3 weeks. My move-in day is now 3 days away, and I contacted Ashley Furniture for a status update, only to find they had seemingly no idea when my furniture would come in, and told me that this is typical, that times change all the time, and that my current estimated arrival date was 6+ weeks from the day I ordered. I was also told that my order had not even officially been completed with their distributor, which is frankly absurd, because I placed the order 3 weeks ago. How does it take 3 weeks to place something in the queue for the distributor?

I am absolutely outraged. The person on the phone offered to replace my bedroom set for one that was in stock, or to ask for a refund, but with how slimy this business is, I can't even tell if either option would actually happen. I can't believe how stupid this company has made me feel, and how disrespected I am as a consumer. Even if I eventually get the set that I ordered, I will never again in my entire life order furniture from Ashley. I hope their company goes under like countless other furniture companies and all of their employees are left to feel like the utter pieces of garbage they made their customers feel like for years. I fully intend to make everyone I know aware of this piss poor handling of a simple situation.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I bought a furniture with order number **. I paid $1610 cash. I took the furniture home but could not get it into my room. I called the following day to return the furniture and was told a manager will call me. NO manager called. I called again each day for 6 days, still could not talk to a manager. Each time, I was told a manager will call, but no manager called. Then a week later I called and this time, manager told me it was more than 3 days so I cannot return the furniture. You see, they waited for a week to tell me the return policy. They played me because I am **. Meanwhile, I had ordered 3 tables in addition to the furniture. They delivered wrong stuff to my house. I went to the store and the manager told me he will order the correct tables for me but, THE PRICE is more than what I paid. The table is no more on sale. They want me to pay more for the same tables I ordered. WHY? JUST RACISM.

Original review: June 13, 2019

I should have read these reviews before I went to the store. I tried several mattresses for a few minutes each and was steered to one. The saleswoman, Gina, at the Dale Mabry store in Tampa told me that the mattress she was suggesting for a side sleeper would “break in” over a week or so and I would find it really comfortable. I thought it was too firm. She told me that the mattress had a return guarantee and could be returned in 30 days if I was not satisfied. I was back in less than a week after waking up sore every single day. A different salesperson told me that I had to wait 30 days, so I had to suffer through 30 days of soreness, and that I would probably end up loving it.

When I went back to the store at the end of the 30 days after counting down the days, I was told that Gina no longer worked there and that the mattress I had bought did not have any return guarantee, others of that brand did but NOT the particular model I had bought, so there was nothing they could do. I am furious. I paid over $900 on sale for a mattress that I can’t bear to sleep on any longer. I am buying a foam mattress topper elsewhere for it, but it will now be really high off the floor and hard to get in and out of daily. I WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING AT ASHLEY AGAIN!! The salesperson lied to me and did not give me the required guarantee paperwork because it did really did not have a guarantee... at least according to Ashley. I wonder how many mattresses they actually do honor the guarantee on. I WOULD NEVER HAVE BOUGHT THE MATTRESS EXCEPT FOR THE GUARANTEE!!

Original review: June 13, 2019

Ashley Furniture lies and cheats customers. They sell garbage “Durablend leather” furniture. Purchased by a retired veteran living on minimal income hoping it would last. Within 1 year it was peeling and cracking. Cheated and lied to and talked into buying the warranty because this was going to be the last couch I ever bought. At over 80 years old you expect honesty and not lying and trickery and cheating. This false and misleading product only has a life of 1 to 3 years - for an $1800 couch you expect more than that. And the warranty doesn’t cover this KNOWN defect. I would give minus 5 stars if I could. What kind of decent furniture store rips off the elderly?

Ashley Furniture Company Information