1.11/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands

2774 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Nicole was excellent, very nice young lady. Very attentive to my needs, answered all my questions. Sorry to say I had to change my review from 5 stars to 1. Ashley promises next day delivery 7days a week, which is false advertising. I ordered a sectional Dec 19, delivery date was Dec 30th, then changed to January 3rd, and final delivery date January 19th at freaking month later. My kids and myself is now using chairs to watch TV in our living room due to Ashley's poor customer service and not willing to resolve the issue. Now how many more sales and customers have they lost.

Little to say, I canceled my order. Taking my business elsewhere. Too bad I had to give a 1 star to post this because they don't deserve that. I seen a YouTube video on their furniture. An Ashley employee commented saying Ashley can care less about customer service and quality, they only care about quantity. If this is the case, that's very sad. I have emailed the corporate office, let's see what they say. I will keep you updated... Sent email since Monday and here it's Thursday. No response from Ashley's Corporate Office... This furniture store don't deserve anyone's business. I have emailed corporate twice and no response

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

I bought several items from Ashley on Black Friday on Nov.23, 2018 but still I don't receive them (Jan. 04) and they had promised for 2 weeks delivery and nobody doesn't care when I called customer service.

Are you this business? Learn more about ConsumerAffairs for Brands
    Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

We ordered furniture on 10/26/18, we were promised delivery on 12/6/18. Received a phone call 2 days prior to promised delivery date stating that it would not be delivered until 12/22/18, of which we received ONE PIECE! Then they promised the remaining portion would be delivered on 1/7/19. They called tonight and stated that delivery would not occur until 1/16/18. Then they are only sending ONE MORE PIECE!!! They’ve had my money, paid in full since 10/26/18 and I still don’t have my furniture!!! I’ve been into the store on three separate occasions and have false promises and bogus delivery dates!! In anticipation of our original promised delivery date, we disposed of our old furniture and have been sitting with NO FURNITURE SINCE 10/27/18! Poor customer service, poor communication, and they do not tell the truth!!!

Original review: Jan. 4, 2019

Please be advised at the Ashley Furniture Home store in Fredericksburg, VA there something terribly intrinsically wrong with customer care service. I ordered a Bonita Springs Plush Mattress by salesperson James; he informed that they had the order. I inquired about delivery period and he said only two -3 days. He again said to me to expect the delivery by December 19, 2018. I took off work and missed an evening meeting waiting on the delivery, but they never showed up. I called the Customer care, talked to Sierra and Rose, and she told me the delivery is scheduled. They would call me. Salesperson kept promising delivery dates, I still did not have my mattress after James told that they would deliver on FRIDAY>SATURDAY>MONDAY.

Finally, the Mattress was delivered December 28, 2018, Friday, but when I slept on it, it was so uncomfortable, it felt like a firm mattress, versus the plush; they delivered the Bonita Springs Firm Mattress. On December 29, 2018, I called the store to inform them of my restless night because it was too firm, and they told me that I have to sleep on it for 30 days to obtain the plush feel; then to send them a picture of the mattress. I sent a picture of the label on the mattress with the model #; even though the model # did not match my sales receipt, they still did not admit a mistake in mattress.

I told them, "This is fraud! I want you to come pick up the mattress. I do not want it; it is not what I ordered." They told me they would schedule a tech to come on his time schedule, and check the mattress. No schedule for tech yet. Manager at the store said, mattress of my choice will be delivered, and if I still do not want it, they will remove the mattress. All this waiting to remove the mattress is so painful. They just prolonging the time. I will not be forced by Ashley Furniture to accept and buy an uncomfortable mattress; I do not trust them now!

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

I purchased several pieces of furniture in Sept 2018 with a promised delivery date in late October. Some of My furniture arrived in pieces. First my Tempur-Pedic bed only. Later, in November a portion of my sectional sofa that had an entire row of staples exposed, my Bolanburg coffee table with drawers that wouldn’t open properly and my Bolanburg XL TV stand with broken support pieces. I refused the tv stand and called the company about the other issues. They were very nice and stated they would replace the couch portion of the sectional and the coffee table. Weeks and weeks later I received the remaining pieces of my sectional and along with the replacement pieces and finally my Bolanburg king bed.

This time the couch portion of the sectional has white paint or glue all over the side. The fabric on the top ends is not tacked down, the cuddles portion cushion fabric is loose, the arm has issues, the entire thing makes noise when you sit down like a cheap mattress, one cushion is lopsided and you roll to the right if you sit on it and not all cushions are filled the same. Contacted company again and this time it took over 2 weeks for them to contact me in regards to the matter. They wanted pictures which I happily provided. Days later I received another call asking for pictures, I told them I emailed them already and Dave the date. Another week and I am contacting them again and no one seems to know anything!

I finally received a call from Lee's Furniture Repair and they were sending someone out to look at it. Very nice gentleman came out and verified my issues. Another week passes. I contacted Lee's repair and they said they sent their report to Ashley Furniture a week ago. AF still claims they haven’t received it. Here we are now late December and they finally say they are replacing my sectional AGAIN in Dec 30th. I never received a call and no one showed that day. Jan 2 I received a VM stating it will now be Jan 13th. My Bolanburg pieces are fantastic. I really like the look of the Eltmann sectional but quality has been less than par thus far. Customer service is the WORST! I have been dealing with this mess for almost 4 months now. I was told over and over that each piece is made in the factory in the US but my pieces all have made in China on the back of them. Save yourself the hassle. Shop somewhere else.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

Whatever you do, go somewhere else to buy your furniture. The quality is fine, but you will wait literally MONTHS for your order to arrive. You will receive text messages and emails and calls saying your items will arrive by a specific date, but when that day come, only part of your delivery will arrive. I have now had three delivery dates and have not received four of the pieces of furniture. The store manager claims not to know when the sudden backorder will be fulfilled. The sales associates will look you in the eye and lie to you about the ease and timing of delivery. Save yourself this headache. It’s not worth it. There are plenty of other places that sell furniture in Chattanooga. This is not the place. Do yourself a favor. No one wants to deal with the Ashley Furniture Homestore on Gunbarrel Rd. Never again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

The furniture I purchased had problems from the beginning and I kept calling customer service with issues. Fabric stretching on seat and back and not holding its shape, tears in fabric, ottoman's top cushion not staying on top, kept sliding over the side, back cushions didn't have enough polyfill so they didn't retain their shape. They always had different responses about the problems I was having. My pieces were from overseas and it would take months to repair. My pieces weren't properly coded so that I could get a replacement, that's normal wear. My calls were never returned, and when I called it was always "I do apologize" every single time. I was the one calling relentlessly for an entire year only to have a technician come out 3 times to try to fix the problem and him actually tell me that it wasn't going to help, it was how it was made.

Finally, after a year, they agreed to take it back minus 15% restocking and delivery fees. I agreed, to get it done and over with, only it wasn't. They picked up the furniture on September 10. On September 28, I called for an update. Ashley ** (Customer Care Manager) said I was given a refund on September 11. It could take 2 billing cycles to post. What? I called my credit card, they said no, it only takes 48-72 hours. I waited and waited and contacted Ashley ** again. She stopped responding. I had a very difficult time getting her to call me back when it was escalated to her many months prior. I finally had to dispute the charge on my credit card. In December, Rachel ** (Accounting Department) said yes, I was due a refund. But she wouldn't credit my account til this dispute was resolved. Seriously? It took 3 months for them to credit my account with constant vigilance on my part. I will NEVER EVER make a purchase from Ashley HomeStore again.

Original review: Jan. 3, 2019

We purchased two Santa Fe recliners. We love the chairs but after one year of use one of them will not go back to its upright position, the foot rest jams open and we have to manually shake it around to get it to close. We bought the chairs in 2015 and they were stored in our basement until November 2017 and installed after we finished remodeling. When I called Ashley Furniture to see about having it repaired I discovered their warranty is one year on labor and 5 years on parts. Meaning I have to fix it with supplied parts. This is what my EXTENDED warranty covers.

When I initially called to get the chair repaired I was told that because I didn't report the trouble within 30 days of noticing the problem the warranty would not cover any repairs. Then they couldn't find any record of my purchase and asked me to send them a copy of the sales receipt but somehow they knew the date I bought the chairs? After going over and over the situation I am now receiving a "courtesy" reclining mechanism so I can fix the chair myself. Worst money I ever spent for an extended warranty. And getting through to a live person is beyond frustrating, 3 calls and 1 disconnect later and 3 hours of time that I will never get back. I have led me to the conclusion that I did NOT get what I paid for and I will not shop with Ashley for the other rooms we are in the process of remodeling.

Original review: Jan. 2, 2019

Ordered four dining chairs from the Katy store, THREE were delivered wobbly. Had to call and schedule a tech to come out to fix them. Tech first blamed it on our floor, saying it is uneven, then tried told us he's gonna sand the other three legs down to make them the same length... We refused to let him sand them down and called customer service to let them know we're returning the chairs. They said they'd call us back within a week to schedule a pickup... Fast forward 1 month, no call back, the nightstands we were waiting for delivery NEVER got delivered. I've been calling every day, nobody answers, so I leave my number for call-back on their automated system, and nobody has called me back. I call the store, and am told there's nothing they could do, and to keep calling customer service. It's been over two weeks of calling, re-calling, and waiting like a fool for a call back. STILL WAITING...

Original review: Dec. 31, 2018

Corporate called to "TELL" us delivery would be on a Thursday between 8-12. No options given, and no flexibility whatsoever! We tried to request a afternoon window, which they then moved our delivery out to a Sunday. We paid in full this, and want our furniture but they would not work with us. Called the store manager which told us to call Corporate! And offer a $50 gift card. Ridiculous they will not give options for delivery, then just move your furniture out 3 more days!!! I will never purchase from them, and will stick with Living Spaces that offer SAME Day delivery!

Original review: Dec. 30, 2018

We purchased living room furniture. $3,000 worth of supposed Italian leather furniture. Within six months the leather turned into discoloration. Leather turned yellow and spotty yellow. Informed the store and they said this quote "What do you want us to do about it?" They stated that it was probably because the sun was hitting it. And that was not the case but they did not believe me. So because of that we have $3,000 furniture that looks like crap. And they did not care.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

Store manager Jorge **, has terrible customer service skills. Will not help you at all, stay away from this store. I am still waiting for my delivery for over two months. Asked to speak to his boss from Patricia **.

Original review: Dec. 29, 2018

I bought a sectional - spent 2,000 - that broke in 6 months. Called their customer service multiple times. Finally they returned my call. Replaced sofa that broke again! Called customer service who never returned my call! Stay away. They shouldn’t be in business! Don’t waste your money!

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

This has been the WORST experience I have ever had! I had a bedroom set ($2500.00) delivered to my home that was not functional. The delivery drivers called the shop and handed the phone to my wife. She explained the problems (doors, not opening, draws not opening). She was assured that someone would come out to repair or replace said items. As it turns out, a ticket WAS NEVER OPENED! I have spent 4 or so hours on hold to try and get a resolution of these issues. And as I write this review I am on hold again 25 mins and 54 seconds. I would encourage anyone who is looking to buy quality furniture to go somewhere else! You get what you pay for and this by far is the WORST company on the face of the planet.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

We purchased over $11000 of furniture at Ashley less than a year ago and were pressured by the Lexington KY store manager to purchase a furniture protection plan (which is outsourced and shady) for $842. In less than a year 3 items needed repairs - a broken chair frame, broken chair leg and a tear in a leather chair. These items rarely were used so had minimal wear. Of courses that Protection plan doesn’t cover anything - do not waste your money. Ashley stole $842 from us by insisting this plan was necessary knowing all along that it mostly covers fabric - the majority of our items are wooden. Also don’t be fooled - although you can find Ashley stores in other states they are individually franchised which means they don’t stand by their product once you move to another state. There are over 2000 bad complaints against Ashley. Wish I would have read them. Chose another store!!! One that you can trust and one that has integrity.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Do yourself a favor and stay away from Ashley furniture. They DO NOT stand by their products, miss delivery dates with no explanation, and tell you that you're out of luck when the lamps you bought new out of the box don't work. Skip Ashley and go to a more reputable furniture place.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

They never delivered on the fireplace after waiting 3 weeks. Both managers (Candy and Alex) never returned our call, had to personally go the store so that they could cancel order. No common courtesy. All they had to tell us that they did not have the product and they would not be able to get it. Wasted 3 weeks and frustrations with this furniture store.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

We purchased an electric reclining love seat and recliner 2/17. When we were told about the 5 year warranty I accepted and paid for this as I was a bit concerned about the electric parts of the furniture. Early November the motor for one of the love seats started to grind and stopped working. I called the company who holds the warranty GBS who informed me that the coverage I had purchased was only for the leather and wood portions of the furniture not the electrical components. That was not explained to me clearly buy the salesman who had lead me to believe the electrical parts were covered... But that is my fault as I did not thoroughly read the warranty.

I then called the store (11/6) and was told that I did have a limited 3 year warranty and It covered the parts but not the labor. I had to come in and pay 150$ and then they would have their service dept call and set up an appointment. I paid the next day. I was called on November 12th and they said the first opening was December 23rd, which I reluctantly accepted. I called the service dept back on 11/13 and asked if I could order the motor in case that was needed and then I wouldn't have to wait again for schedule the repairman.

The order was put through and I received it a few weeks before the scheduled repair. When the repairmen came they said it definitely needed a new motor and I said that I had in fact ordered one and showed the me the box. Unfortunately I had not been sent a motor, I had been sent a "mechanism". The repairman apologized and said that he would order a motor and then I could call and schedule another appointment. I had already waited 6 weeks for this one.

I called the service department back to ask why I hadn't been sent the motor and did not get a clear answer. When I asked to speak to a manager they said they can only email the manager and she would return my call in 24-48 hours. So now I have to wait for the motor to be shipped (and I was informed that they are on back order) and then I can schedule another repairman... Probably another 6 weeks. Terrible customer service. Inferior furniture. Never would shop there again.

Original review: Dec. 28, 2018

Lying lying lying, really bad customer service. If you want people lie to you, Ashley is the store you go to. I bought a sofa, table, and bed. The sofa has 3 parts, they delivery only 2 parts. They said will call me in 1 or 2 days, but I didn't see any phone call from them. Then I called them, went to the store, they said will delivery after a week on 12/19 but I didn't see anything, any phone call. I called again, then promise on 12/26 for sure, but still the same problem.

I went to store, this time they said they don't know when they delivery for me the missing part because they couldn't contact with the deliver. I can't believe it that one business like this in the U.S. They can't tell me the time frame, then I have to return the sofa, but they want me to bring it to a warehouse with 1 hour driving or wait for a truck come to pick up for long time or maybe not come. I should read reviews first before buy it, not only me has this problem. They don't care about their customer, they cheating us, stole our times and money.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Purchased a loveseat and TV stand from Ashley in Prescott. The TV stand was on back order and due to arrive 12/18 and delivery was scheduled for that day. Called on 12/17 and rescheduled for 12/19. Called again on 12/19 for delivery time and was told they don’t deliver to Prescott on Wednesday and the truck for Thursday was full. Promised to deliver on Saturday but when we called to confirm delivery they had canceled it because the TV stand wasn’t in. What? First time I heard that.

Every time I spoke with someone I impressed upon them that I had company coming for the holidays and needed the loveseat. On the way to the airport that day we stopped at Joe’s Furniture and purchased a loveseat. It was delivered on Monday. I still can’t get anyone at Ashley to respond. They say they cannot find our order when we try to cancel but they are now calling us for delivery (way too late). The delivery people know us but customer service does not. I would NEVER shop here again.

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

Yesterday evening 12/27/18, my girlfriend and I made the biggest purchase of our lives – we just bought a house so that we may start a beautiful future together. Since we were on a budget, we decided to shop at Ashley Furniture Outlet in Jacksonville Fl. Sometimes, saving many can cause aggravations and cause untrustworthy sales people to lie to you and reach their quota. In our situation, the associate was Lexus **. To say the very least, the store trains their employees with minimum to no customer service skills. After selecting our furniture, they constantly pressure you into getting their protection plans and deliveries even though we told them that we are not interested. After talking us into signing up for their credit application and close the sale, they ask us to pay for the minimum payment and then proceeded to tell us that the items are not in stock – we must wait for another 30 days before we can pick them up.

To anyone reading this, please save yourself the aggravation of unprofessionalism and lack of respect for people’s time and go spend your hard-earned money elsewhere. I understand that salesman are always pressuring people into bad deals – it was our fault to purchase from them. But, making a sale and telling people they must wait for their products is unethical. YOU’VE BEEN WARNED!!

Original review: Dec. 27, 2018

So let down by their product, and even more by their hidden fees to fix their broken product. Our couch FRAME broke 77 days after arrival. Now, 1 yr 2 months later it has broken again, same spot. And then this: "Please note the frame has a limited 5 year warranty. The parts are covered by the manufacture, however the consumer is responsible for the labor and all transportation costs for the repairs." Ashley Furniture is a joke. I urge future possible clients to look elsewhere for quality furniture. "Quality" is not a part of Ashley Furniture vocabulary. The customer must pay for labour, pick up and delivery?! What a joke. Do not waste your hard earned money on this half rate joke of a retailer.

Original review: Dec. 23, 2018

We bought our living room set three years ago. The seams on the seat cushion on the sofa and one of the recliner ripped out in less than a year under normal use. We contacted the store where we purchased these and they covered it under warranty. The kicker was that we had to either deliver the sofa and chair back to them to do the recover and pay the labor or do it ourselves. We live 50 miles from the store so we decided to install the new covers ourselves. When I took everything apart I couldn't believe how cheap everything was built. Now two years later the covers are ripping again and the wood frame that was stapled together has come apart.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Let me start with 3 years ago when I originally bought furniture from Ashley's. I bought my dining table, my living room furniture, and furniture for 3 bedrooms. When we first got the delivery the sectional was chocolate brown when the description clearly said charcoal grey. After going back and forth with Ashley for over a month they finally changed them. Not just the sectional was incorrect - I ordered a full size bed for my son and had already spend money on his mattress when we realized they send me a twin size bed. That also was a problem to exchange. Took about 5 months.

Now 3 years later I moved and lost a part to my son's bed that I went in to pay to be delivered 6 weeks ago and still no package and no one knows where it's at. I have spoken to at least 5 Ashley employees, have asked for a manager last 3 calls and they never get a manager on the phone... Don't buy from them. This has been the worst experience ever. Now I need to furnish a second living room and second dining room and will definitely not be Ashley's furniture.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I have had a total of NINE delivery dates scheduled by Ashley Furniture, and I have still not received the two items in question. This is in reference to the Hoover, AL location. The store manager, Charles **, is the most incompetent person I have ever dealt with. It seems most locations experience the same issues. I plan to refuse any further delivery attempts, to dispute the charges with my bank, and to file ANOTHER complaint with the BBB. Do yourself a favor and buy your furniture anywhere else. Anywhere else at all will give you better results than these morons will.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

Purchased a bed set for my daughter and needed it delivered ASAP and was told 12/23 everything but the bed rail would be delivered but they would bring it on 12/29. I agreed as she has been in the floor for a month and she needed a bed. I called a day early to confirm and she said they moved it to 12/29 to only 1 delivery and that “There was no time for me and it would have to wait. There are no exceptions”. So... we went to pick it up. The lady Bianca at corporate office said she would call to advise them... well she did not and we had to wait another two hours! Poor communication and Horace the salesperson lies the entire was a complete experience was a disappointment! Not worth the hassle! Won’t be returning, I will go to Havertys or Living Spaces or wait till IKEA opens. No compensation was given and when asked she said they don’t “do that” again definitely not going back. Tried to plan ahead and they messed it up!

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I purchased what I thought was an expensive solid faux leather couch that would last for several years. I paid more thinking it was of quality. I had issues right away. It wasn’t until I had it just a year, when I turned the pieces over and saw that the issue was the frame on both pieces falling apart. I called and was told it was out of warranty. It didn’t matter that this started well before the warranty expired. Keep in mind, I am single, live alone. I work a lot. So, this furniture was barely used. It needed replacing and it’s nothing that I could sell due to the condition.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

A year ago I purchased a sofa set. They were brown sofas and I really liked it. But then a week later, these crap sofas break and get destroyed! Now these sofas look absolutely disgusting and are made with crappy materials inside. We tried to return the sofas for a refund but the guy "helping us" at customer service said we couldn't have a refund and he was not helpful. This is just a waste of money and basically Ashley Poop Store eats up your money. DO NOT BUY THEIR FURNITURE.

Original review: Dec. 22, 2018

I purchased a NEW in the box table and chairs, got them home and opened the box to realize 2 of the leafs were damaged. I immediately contacted my sales guy (Corey) and sent pictures of the damage. I was told I could bring them back to the store and exchange them for another set. I decided to call the store and ask that they be inspected before I made the trip and was told there was a scratch on one of them but not to worry they had a repairman coming and he would take care of it. I never heard back so I called the store and was told the repairman missed a rub mark and he would be back in a week and have it ready to go.

A week went by and again nobody contacted me so I called the store myself just to find out that the repairman hadn't showed up. Not feeling that they were taking me seriously I requested that they put a manager on the phone. The manager (Barbara) was very nasty to me and said they would not replace them. I would have to take my damaged leafs to Middle River and have them replaced. Not happy with that I wanted to talk to a district manager. I was told he would give me a call back later that day.

The next day I decided to call them back and see what was going on and was told he should of called me back by now and they don't know what was going on. They requested that he called me again, and I was told he would call me the following day. I never received a call so again, I call the store to see what was going on and was told he would be calling the store on his lunch break to speak to Barbara and she would personally tell him to call me. Once again I never received a call so I call again... This time he was at a new store opening at a Pennsylvania store and could not talk but he would definitely be calling me back asap.

Frustrated, I called a customer service number I found online and explained what I had been dealing with to them. The woman on the other end told me they would not be able to swap out leaves because the holes would not match up and the wood grain would be different. She made contact with the store and had them contact me just to tell me I needed to take them to Middle River for repair. I called Middle River and they told me that it was entered in the computer as a floor model table and it was as is, they could not help me. I explained to them it was NOT a floor model and it was a NEW IN BOX stock table I had purchased. The guy told me that unless it was corrected in the computer he couldn't help me. I call the store again and speak to Crystal who changes it and tells me they will take care of me.

I called Middle River again and they tell me I have to pay 150 dollars to have someone look at it since I picked it up and it was not delivered to me. I fuss with them and get transferred a few times and explaining my situation again every time, finally being told they were offering me this service as a courtesy for 150 dollars and they did not have to do that for me. I purchased a NEW table not a damaged discounted table and they want to offer me a courtesy service for 150 dollars to repair my NEW table. They went on to tell me I should of inspected it before I left the store... I explained it was still in the box wrapped up never opened and was told again I should of inspected it before taking it home. I called the store numerous times and tried getting this resolved before leaving a negative review.

Original review: Dec. 21, 2018

I don’t even know where to begin! I was given multiple delivery dates; then when the furniture finally came, it was missing multiple pieces and bed couldn’t be put together, I was steaming MAD! Now the piece that is needed will take 7-14 days & another scheduled trip! Please stay away from “Ashley Furniture”! I should have read the reviews first!

Ashley Furniture Company Information