Ashley Furniture

Compare Furniture Stores

Research top Furniture Stores recommendations on ConsumerAffairs

I purchased a power recliner. It was delivered to my house on Feb. 24th, 2017. On March 12th, 2017 the power recliner no longer reclined. Motor problem? This piece of furniture was in my house for 15 days only me in household. Of course Ashley wants to repair it. I want them to replace it with a recliner no power. I've talked to 2 people and the manager was to get back with me. Guess what, no contact yet. I may have to resort to my cousin who is an attorney to straighten this mess out. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND ASHLEY FURNITURE TO ANYBODY. I SHOULD OF WENT NEXT DOOR TO BOB'S.

I purchased an Ashley Brand sofa and loveseat for $2,000. Exactly at 2 years of age my very lightly used sofa started peeling. I filed a claim with Guardsman since I had a 5 year warranty, and also contacted Ashley Furniture and to no avail was this situation "made right". To my understanding they are still selling this product. Other consumers need to warned about Ashley Durablend Sofa. They should be forced to stop selling this so no one else can be scammed. I don't want other people to end up like me and get taken for 2k, only to find yourself furniture shopping again!!!

What is it with being a cash customer that makes them so condescending. I am reading some of these experiences and it's like looking in the mirror. I went to Ashley's in West Covina, CA on a Saturday asking for a firm price on a sectional sofa I wanted. The sales rep. William told me he would give me 40% off the original price if I paid cash. We settled on a firm price and I told him I would be back the following week with the money. I came back the following week and he had a whole different story. Telling me he could not give me the 40% off because the couch I wanted was listed on the internet and they were doing a "price match" to their website price. Whatever. I was not there to beg I just wanted a firm price. He then tells me he is going to give me a 5% discount but has to check with his manager.

The manager comes over and gives me an even higher price with the discount. I am confused. I keep getting all these prices. I just want to buy a sofa. Then he says "well just get credit or put it on a credit card, if you can't afford it you can't buy it" and walks away. I was so upset. I have cash on hand. All I want is a sofa. I did not come to beg or be disrespected all I want is a price to my sofa, that is all. Worse people ever. Don't waste your time. So I walked away and the sales rep says "Wait. How much do you WANT to pay for it?" Are you kidding me?

I bought a living room, a dining room and a recliner. And we haven't had it for a year and it has a rip on the stitches of the bench for the dining room. The Ottoman of the living room already sunk in the middle. The recliners cushioned parts are also sinking. I asked if they could repair them or replace them and they told me they will send a technician to look into it.

I had to call another number and the person there told me that I was going to receive a call from an automated service. When she said that I asked if I could have the tech come on Sunday or Monday, and she said "No". I told her those are my days off, and she said those days they don't work either...really? Anyway, I managed to have my daughter home to wait for the tech and now that he came, he is just going to fix the bench stitches but the Ottoman will stay as it is since nothing is broken, just sinking because the materials on their furniture are just cheap quality and they won't do anything about it. Then I told him that the guys that came to assemble the furniture left some screws kind of loose and he tells me..."Well, that is not included on the insurance but I will tighten them up as a favor." Really? Anyway, my advice is. If you are looking for furniture, don't look here. Totally disappointed and angry at their customer service and quality.

Purchased 10/16. Poor workmanship, plywood shows, sewing visibly crooked, not enough cushion, feel springs, boards, etc. Several attempts to contact, no returned support since. Just want it out of my house! Don't buy here. Go to Bob's stores. Much better quality, lower prices, and great support always! Bob cares, just like the commercials.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

I went to the Ashley store in San Antonio Texas to purchase living room furniture, bedroom and dining room furniture. On the day of delivery one of the delivery men knocked over and shattered a light shade to my dining area. The delivery man called customer service to start the process for reimbursement. One week gone by and haven't heard anything from the store. My husband called customer service and was directed to the store manager. The store manager said it was a corporate issue and gave us a phone number to call.

After numerous attempts and messages left my husband finally got a hold of someone. After 30 mins of my husband explaining the situation the corporate assured him a check of $125 would be issued and that it can take up to a month to receive. It has been a few months and of course the check has not arrived. Again we tried to call and left messages but no reply back. I'm exhausted and can't believe I spent over 5K to their company and they treat their customers like this. Stay away from Ashley Furniture! They can't take responsibility over their mistake!

My fiance and I went to the Ashley Furniture because I had always seen Ashley Furniture as the PINNACLE of fine furniture in Memphis. We really did not mind the cost of the furniture because we thought the quality of the furniture was well worth it. Long story short... We purchased a leather sectional with oversized ottoman for over $3000 and added with it the warranty for 359.99. Within a month of having the furniture, BOTH arm ends of the sectional began to cave in and the ottoman where you would prop your feet began to dip in as if the base of the ottoman were as loose as the sofas. Take in mind, I have the kind of household that my grandmother had when I was growing up. The kind where no one sits in the living room or on the living room furniture unless we were formally entertaining. We have a den area for everyday company etc.

I was so excited to show off my furniture when hosting events that it HUMILIATED us when it began to fall apart. I attempted to use the warranty that we had been told was 'perfect' for situations such as this and was told that the warranty does not cover this issue. I was told that the warranty basically covered stains and cuts... STAINS... On leather!! A stain on leather is something I could easily wipe away but I can't WIPE away the fact that my brand new expensive leather sectional looks as if I bought it at Jolly R---l Furniture. I think we'll find somewhere a little more loyal to their customers in the future. Someone whose QUALITY matches the pricing and expectations.

I have had this couch for 4 years. The thing has fallen apart from the minute we bought it. I bought the warranty with the purchase and they said they don't cover tears in the seams but do cover rips. Also the springs are loose. I could complain all day about this purchase but won't. I just know I would NEVER purchase furniture from them again. I am highly disappointed that this piece did not last more than 4 years and there is nothing I can do about it until I buy new furniture and forget about this purchase.

My husband and I purchased an Ashley living room set Damacio and within weeks it appeared sagging and worn. Ashley let us re-pick and we got a sectional with the cup holders and again within weeks it sagged. They again let us re-pick and this time we made sure it had springs not beds. Again it is sagging. It seems the 2 seater couches are too wide to support and hold up as reclining. The foam in the pieces are so very flimsy I can feel the board. Every set we have had are the top Ashley sets. 3000+ DOLLARS. SO DISAPPOINTED!

I went to Ashley Furniture in Madison, TN on November 24th to buy a bedroom suite. When I picked out my bedroom suite I went to check out and the salesperson tried to charge me almost twice what the manager had quoted me based off the sales ad. The salesman was going to let me walk out when I decided to go and find the manager. The manager honored the sales price. I checked out and the sales guy advised me that he would call me in the next three weeks to set up delivery. I received no call, so I called the store. At that time I was advised that they were on back order and I should receive them within a few weeks. This went on until the beginning of January. I was now being told that it would be Feb, for some pieces and March for the beds. I spoke to the manager and they offered to swap bed room suites, but they were either on back order or they were cheaply made.

I specifically made the purchase on Black Friday to save money and I was now being told that I had to downgrade or wait two months. My only choice was to wait. They did offer to refund my money, but I could not find a good deal at that time of the year. I received half of my items in mid-Feb. I was told that my remaining items would be delivered on March 14th. I called every week to ensure this was accurate. A week before delivery I called and spoke to a front desk manager who confirmed my address and date of delivery. The next day I receive a call that stated they needed to verify my address. I called in once again and gave them my address. On the 11th I received an automated call stating that I need to confirm delivery for the 14th. I called and confirmed and was told that my items would be delivered between 12:30 pm and 5:30 pm.

On the morning of the 13th I realize I received the same call from the automated service. I called, waited for the store to open and called first thing. The front desk manager advised me that my items were not being delivered because I did not confirm delivery. You can imagine my frustration. I explained my situation and asked that they speak with someone and get the delivery set up. They did not call back after an hour, so I called back. I was told that they should know something soon. I heard nothing and at this point it had been almost five hours. I called back and spoke to yet another front desk manager. She said she would check and call me back. She called back and left me a message stating my items would not be delivered until the 20th.

I called back and asked for the store manager, just to be transferred to my salesperson who just so happened to be the acting store manager. Of course he remembered me and my situation. He stated that my delivery date was changed and he could not get me my items before the 20th. I once again explained the situation and stated that I didn't care who was bringing me my bed, but I had taken the day off and someone needed to bring me my items I purchased almost 5 months earlier. He advised me he would make some calls and call me back. The store is closed and still no call back about my delivery for tomorrow. I have never been more disappointed and frustrated with a company. They do not care about their customers or making things right. It is very sad and very disappointing.

Personally attacked for trying to buy furniture. On Saturday, March 4th, I went into the Ashley Cordova store wanting to buy a sofa and curio cabinet. I picked out my furniture and completed the sale. My plan was for 48 months. P.G. was my salesman. After the sale was complete, I looked at my bill and noticed I was charged for the complete sofa set. I only wanted the sofa, not the ottoman that came with it. I also asked P about the curio cabinet I purchased. He said he knows someone who can deliver it for me, since Ashley does not deliver that piece of furniture. I told P I couldn't buy it if I could not have it delivered. He assured me that someone could deliver it to my home.

Back to the sofa, the manager David ** came over to me and asked me what was wrong. I told him I was upset that I was charged for the ottoman and that it was taking a long time to have the charge taken off my card, and redoing the paperwork. I had a few tears in my eyes. I wasn't crying, just frustrated. I then asked the manager why I was charged 299 for the protection plan. P did not tell me anything about it. It was automatically added to my bill. I asked Mr. ** if that had to be a part of my plan and he said yes, it was mandatory. I left feeling a little uneasy.

Yesterday, March 10th, I went to the Ashley store around 1:45 p.m asking about the delivery on the curio cabinet which I hadn't heard about. P.G. was at lunch. No one could answer my question so I left. I went home and called customer care and asked about the protection plan for 48 months. She told me it was optional. With this information I decided I was misled and wanted to cancel the entire order. I went back to the Ashley Cordova store and canceled my order at the desk.

I asked to speak to the manager and I was told he was in a conference call. I walked back to where his office is, and looked into the window. I said "You lied to me through the door." He came out of his office and said "You called me a liar. Leave my store now." I said, "Excuse me. I just want to talk about the protection plan you said I had to buy." He held up his hand, said "I can't hear you" over and over. He got on the phone and said he was calling the police. I said "Go ahead and call them. They won't do anything." He said "Leave, leave, leave my store." I called him an ** and started walking to the front door. He told me not to leave now, the police are coming and I would be arrested for verbal abuse. I said "You can't be arrested for that." He said, "You don't know the law do you?" I said not really, he said "Yeah because you have that 'privilege.'" Implying that because I am **.

I said "Okay I'll just stand here.” I told him he was a horrible manager and he looked me up and down and said "You need a treadmill, you don't look too good." I said, "Look at you, you are one to talk." He then smiled and said "It would make my day to have the police arrest you. I have two degrees, one in psychology. Where did you go to school?" I asked him why he was doing this? He kept making comments about my weight, my character and asked me if I had taken my meds. Told me something was wrong with me. He said "You know there is something wrong with you don't you. You need to take your meds." He also asked me if I was going to cry again. He also told me he didn't need my money or sale. He said I was no longer a customer and to leave his store.

I felt he was trying to provoke me into hitting him or breaking something so he could call the police. After that I left and walked to my car. He followed me out of the store and got out his personal cellphone and took pictures of my car and of me. All I wanted was some new furniture and instead I was attacked, berated and embarrassed by David **. He attacked me personally and if I acted that way at my job I would be fired. I would like a personal apology from Mr. **, in person (preferred) or a written letter, (not formally typed). I believe he should be held accountable for his actions and fired from his position. No customer deserves to be treated this way. I have already filed a complaint with the BBB and will pursue further action if this isn't resolved.

I sat on the furniture I wanted to order. It was an electric leather dual recliner. The sales associate appeared to be new and had a second salesperson double check as he was ordered it in the computer. He ASKED me if I wanted electric and I said "yes". It arrived NOT electric but had a plug in for the phone, so I assumed this was electric. ONCE they leave your house for delivery, FORGET IT! It is over. I returned to the store and they said to call the 800 number. BUYER BEWARE! Never again. This is was an $1,800 purchase.

I bought online a sectional now the material is wearing prematurely and it's hardly used. I ask them Felice ** to replace with another sofa but they are trying to get off cheap by making me just fix the issues. The problem is that it will continue to wear because the material is garbage and they know this. I am offering to get a more expensive sectional but they refuse to do the right thing. In my opinion would never by a sofa from COLEMAN furniture or Ashley since its made by them ever again. They sell trash and don't stand behind their products nor care about their customers.

I went to the Ashley store in Algonquin IL to purchase living room furniture. I was given spectacular service by a salesperson named Jafri. He wrote up a good deal and advised he would save it to the system for when I returned. I came back 2 days later and Jafri was not working. I had no one come to assist me as I was looking to pay for the furniture. I found someone to help me after 30 minutes at least. I dealt with the "store manager" named Craig **. He was rude and condescending and all advised he couldn't honor the deal Jafri gave me even after he called Jafri on his day off to verify what I was telling him because he didn't believe me. After 15 minutes of arguing with me I left the store. I emailed Ashley corporate and over the span of almost 2 weeks I called and emailed about 4-5 times without any response.

Finally received a call from Maria at the local store who was pleasant. Still no response from corporate. Called 2 more times. Finally heard from a "regional manager" named Pierce ** who was just as condescending and rude as Craig. Got nowhere and he argued with me for 10 minutes until I had enough and ended the call. I initiated another call to their corporate office and talked to a Kelly in Human Resources. She was pleasant and apologized. But at the end of the day I don't feel that anyone really cared about how this company presents itself to its consumers. This was a horrendous experience for someone just looking to buy furniture and get some service. I had cash in hand and wanted to purchase. I am having a hard time reconciling wanting to give my money to this company due to their service.

I am continually looking at your site for ideas about updating my home. I have a pre-approved card but I am so frustrated with how slow your site is and it will lock up for no apparent reason. I do not have the time or inclination to visit my closest store continually. I'm beginning to question my choice of a furniture credit card with your company!!!

On February 25 I bought furniture from Ashley homestore. I was told delivery would be March 10. I've just heard from the sales rep who told me that everything will be delivered March 21 except the three bar stools I ordered and they will not be delivered until April 25. I am very dissatisfied as it is taking so long to deliver the furniture. Lesson learned. I won't be shopping there again.

I bought many pieces of furniture from your store (store #027, Manchester Road, Manchester, Missouri, 63021) on 04/17/2016. The total value of the bought furniture was more than $11,169.83. Soon after the delivery of furniture to our home, I found many defects in my products for which I called the local store and verbally complained. This was followed by complain via e-mail. However, till this date my concerns have not been addressed properly. After many attempts to contact many different people from their end and repeated complain, finally a repair person was sent to our house on 12/01/2016 to evaluate and repair the damaged furniture. The repair person could not fix the problems.

The discoloration defects observed on some of the tables were simply colored by the repair man using a sketch pen, which was totally unacceptable. One of the side tables had a large damaged area with what appears to be due to solvent out gassing. The repair man said that the table could not be repaired and most likely will have to be replaced. He further indicated that he will notify appropriate authorities in Ashley to take action. It has been a couple of months since then, and no actions have been taken from your end to either repair or replace damaged furniture that includes expensive chairs.

I feel like I got lemons from the store and that the company is incapable of taking care of their customers. Considering your pathetic response to address my concerns, it appears that your company is involved in unethical business practices. I was influenced by your sales agent at the store to buy the protection insurance plan from GBS Enterprises for such situations. I paid $700 for 5 year protection insurance plan. However, when it came time for you to deliver on your promises you are shying away from your responsibilities. I am not going to buy any furniture from your store again unless you can convince me that you care for your customers.

If I could give zero stars, I would. So, for the first time I called the Gonzales store to make my purchase. I was greeted, and then told that they were busy and would I hold please? Fifteen/Twenty some odd minutes later, the line clicked. And that set the tone for the next weeks. Me calling, asking to make a purchase, being placed on hold by an associate that seemed rude and dismissive, and then click. Then the next week, me calling, asking to speak to someone about, "Oh, someone will call you back," then, surprise, no callback.

Days, weeks. Just like that. It feels like they don't want to sell furniture and they don't care about their customers. So, it begs the question: Why are they in business? I've always enjoyed my purchasing experience when shopping for pieces from Ashley. And post flood, all I needed to do was replace some furniture. My local Ashley store, like so many others, also flooded so I went to the next closest. I felt that, as a store that sells furniture, Ashley Furniture Homestore-Gonzales would be only too thrilled to sell furniture. Seems, I was mistaken. Suffice it to say that I ordered my furniture from a different store. They were more than capable of taking my order over the phone (a necessity due to my work hours) and they even managed to return my calls when I left messages for them during peak hours. They get all the stars in my review of them.

We bought our sofa and chair, 2007? Now we found out it was lawsuit against Ashley for their "bonded leather sofa" and is not longer in production for terrible quality. It starts flaking with almost no use. Previously we had sofa real leather from Scandinavian design for almost 10 years with no problem. Bond leather sofa was worst waste of money and want my money back. I want answer to this problem.

I am a consumer. Old school. Sure, I could buy a recliner on the internet. Have it shipped. Sit in it. Maybe buy two more and have them shipped. Not a good way to compare shop. The only way you know is to go and sit in that chair. Every person has their own tastes. You need the showroom. So you go to a place like Ashley HomeStore, pick out the one you like and then buy one on the internet. This is what the millennials do. Did I mention Old School? If a vendor helps me make the right decision for a purchase, they deserve my loyalty. I will pay for that privilege of trying out the product and seeing the selection of colors and fabrics in real time.

Ashley has a unique problem. They actually compete with other online vendors that carry their product line. Talk about a rock and a hard place. The online vendors charge no tax, have free delivery, and have prices $200.00 to $300.00 lower (on the power recliners we were ordering). Of course the HomeStore matched, but could do little about the tax or delivery charges. They should have lost the sale, but they didn't. My sales rep matched the price and that was my only concern. I knew these were the chairs we wanted and knew they would meet our needs. All my Old school requirements were met. Those extra costs were the price of admission. No mistakes. No regrets over color or style, no disappointments. The sales person earned her commission (if there is one).

The Mega Store Showroom. I see all products being sold a new way in the future. Large showrooms featuring MANY vendors and styles. Kept in business by slices from the online distributors, who know how to handle inventory and delivery with a vengeance. Look at Amazon. Large items like furniture, cars, sheds, pools and mattresses could easily show up in a Mega Store Showroom, with only one method of purchase - online. If Ashley quits competing with themselves and concentrates on good products and educated sales staff (like they have now), they could be the greatest online vendor for home accessories (and Ashley's-Mega Store Showrooms).

Our contact with Salesperson Robin ** was informative and rewarding. This first phase of the purchase process has gone very well. We are left with delivery dates and setup along with followup on any problems that might occur. So far, both my wife and I are very impressed. If you absolutely need the lowest price and don't care about the local economy, try out HomeStore and buy online from someone else. Soon the places to test out will disappear and you will have to let others make decisions for you. Like YELP or Facebook. Or maybe that Mega Store Showroom will come along. Good hunting!

Sidebar: It would probably be in Ashley's interest to quote the best internet match, instead of having the customer call them on it. The online store quoted two week delivery. Even Ashley HomeStore couldn't match that. They need to allow their sales reps to AUTOMATICALLY compete with the online vendors and show them what they will find on the internet. Hopefully they will show their (HomeStores) advantage in having the product readily available for review (and discussion) with someone that has experience with the product and can explain the differences in performance. Our time is valuable. Don't waste it figuring out things for yourself, unless you enjoy the frustration of trial and error.

The purchase went smooth as silk, but that was the end of it. Our salesperson, Craig, told us we'd have our recliners and table in 7-10 days. That was the first ruse. On the 8th day we called for an update. This is when the excuses began. It was because of President Day's weekend, there was a delay in the delivery service, (more on these bozos later). It was because the color was custom ordered... blah blah blah... NONE of which is true. I called the 'manager' out on his misrepresentations. He then realized I was not the usual dumbass. He then tells me our furniture should arrive 7 to 10 days from now and then we'll schedule a delivery.

Now for the bozos. Ashley uses a separate delivery company out of New Jersey. This is where things became impossible. Cory Delivery Service, 150 Meadowlands Pkwy., Floor 4, Secaucus, NJ 07094, Phone number (443) 354-5516, who along with Ashley has a D- rating with the BBB, enjoys an anonymity with the people buying the furniture. When they called me to tell me when they were coming they included a list of excuses for why they couldn't deliver. Huh? You haven't been here but you're already giving me excuses? This was unacceptable. Asking for management was pointless. 2 days later I got a call from the manager of Ashley. While apologetic for not being able to make the delivery, the only accord we could reach was a complete refund. Wayfair here I come.

Spent $2700 on a bedroom set and after a few short years a plastic guide piece on the dresser broke. The part costs maybe 50 cents. I called Ashley and their answer was "sorry, you're out of your warranty". I can't even pay to have them come fix the dresser which is essentially useless without this silly part. I even bought the extended warranty (what an idiot I was for this). Shame on you Ashley, never ever will I again.

When buying from this company, do not believe anything the salesperson tells you. We bought a 3000.00 mattress from them. Were told by the salesperson that they would take the old mattress off when they delivered the new one. Guess what. They will not. Delivery man said it happens all the time. Ask questions and get everything in writing from these people. I wish I had read the complaints before I ever went to Ashley. Then I never would have gone there. This is a sloppy operation.

Salesman was not honest with my mother. She lives in 600 sq ft condo. He sold her a loveseat 6 Ft long and 41 inches deep. The chairs has 2 defects. No one will return our calls. Even called corporate and got hung up on. Mom visited store the day after she took delivery and was given the runaround. My mother was with her sons at both of these times. I am writing this for her. Her husband just died in Feb. She had a Hospice bed in the living room to accommodate being his caregiver. This is so not right that she has to go through this when she should be grieving.

My husband & I went to the Ashley Furniture store in North Charleston SC to purchase a mattress set for our guest room in time for out of town company arriving in 2 weeks. We were told the set we were inquiring about had to be ordered and could not be delivered in time. Upon leaving to go elsewhere we were approached by the store manager and told IF we pick a different set (twice the price) which was sitting in their warehouse we would have NO problem having that set delivered on time. After charging my credit card & waiting for a delivery call to no avail... I called the delivery company ONLY to find out it will be delivered the day after our company arrives.

We spent twice as much plus were charged $20.00 more than the black & white written charges AND STILL NO Mattresses... So extremely disappointed in such a mickey mouse operation for what I thought would be a stand up company. Never again. Live & Learn. The name "Ashley" doesn't mean what I expected. Totally Mislead & beyond Disappointed!

10 Year Warranty--- all lies. Just know I will never buy there, or refer anyone to buy there. Sealy mattress six months old caved in and technician told me they will not remove old mattress to replace new one so I discarded mattress. Now they say I cannot get a new because I discarded the mattress. $800 lost once but never again... They are horrible!!!

If you were like me and purchased furniture from Ashley without reading reviews, fear not because it IS possible for things to go as planned. I visited the Ashley Home Store in Springfield, OR and found some really great deals. Salespeople were all friendly, helpful, and didn't follow me around or try to upsell me. We told them what pieces we were interested in and they gladly processed my order without questioning. The $129 delivery fee was a little bit of a surprise, but the sectional sofa we bought was marked down from $1300 to $837 due to overstock so we already saved tons of money there. We were told that our sofa would be delivered the following Saturday and the bed we ordered would be delivered 2 weeks after that.

In both cases I received an email telling us our 3 hour delivery window which I confirmed. They even give you a link to track the delivery truck and it tells you what stop number you are, and which stop they are currently at. For the sofa delivery, the estimated arrival time kept changing and at one point reached beyond our delivery window, however, it did end up arriving just at the end of our delivery window, so they met their promise. The sofa was correct, exactly what we ordered, no damage, no problems. We were very satisfied.

For our second delivery, the bed, they actually arrived an hour before our delivery window. Luckily, we were home but I could see this as being a problem for some people. Again, all the pieces were correct, nothing was damaged, setup was quick and done properly and I've had no complaints. Now the only outstanding concern is the quality of the furniture and how long it will hold up. We knew going into it that Ashley was very inexpensive and therefore probably not the most well made furniture. We will be happy if these pieces hold up for 5 years or more.

After I had made my purchase in store, I went online and immediately felt a rush of anxiety over the 91% 1 star reviews and horror stories people have shared about Ashley Furniture. I was so nervous and just expected that things were going to go wrong. Maybe I got lucky, but I am here to tell you that there is hope. They don't screw up ALL the time. I will see how this furniture holds up and I may even consider them in the future.

I have purchased a sofa from the LeVon line. Within one month, the springs in the seat cushions had shifted causing the cushion to look deformed. I am pursuing this problem with Ashley, but I was told by the assistant manager that he has never had a complaint about this sofa. I am very unhappy about the engineering of this sofa. I am wondering if there are any consumers that have had a similar experience.

I had to take my couch section of my sectional to the Ashley store to have them fix the broken frame. It broke at a part of the frame that had a knot hole in it and was a weak. I told customer service the issue and they told me to bring it in and they would fix it. I told them it had stains on it from a dog we had but that they had been treated. The lady said that was ok just to bring it in. We did, they called me the following Monday and said I had to pick it up because the technician wouldn't fix it because it was unsafe to touch it or to be around it. They said if I had it professionally cleaned I could bring it back and they would fix it.

I had also purchased the extended protection plan. I called "Montage" to have them come clean it. They said the stains had been on too long and they wouldn't honor the warranty. I paid 2,500.00 for this sectional and it is embarrassing and humiliating to have someone talk to you like a lowlife unclean person. It was totally unprofessional! I will have it professional cleaned and I will be taking it back with the receipt for cleaning and they will repair or I will be contacting a lawyer for small claims court.

Bought a oversized Ottoman. It was defective (spent appx $7k cash early November 2016, damaged end tables (replaced), sofa (repaired), dresser (damaged, no repairs made)). A technician has been out two times and on second trip he totally destroyed the Ottoman and stated additional repair material and another tech would need to be contacted. This tech left a mess in my home along with staples and scuff marks all over a $12k new floor. I have requested a replacement ottoman, and customer service continues to want to order replacement parts. I ask who was going to replace my flooring if they should damage it while wrestling this huge Ottoman all over my floors. I am totally dissatisfied with Ashley and the unsatisfactory service they provide. I would recommend not buying from Ashley. Buy furniture that is available, not from a warehouse.

Expert Review

ConsumerAffairs Research Team

Founded in 1945, Ashley Furniture became an industry leader in 1970 when its first plant opened in Wisconsin. The plant started with 35 employees, and the brand has since grown to include stores in more than 120 countries.

• Convenient locations: With many locations across the country, it's easy to find a showroom near you. Use the store locator tool on the website to get started.
  • Quality tested: Each design from Ashley Furniture undergoes rigorous quality testing for safety, comfort and durability. Take a look at some of the methods used on their website.
  • America's #1 home furniture brand: Ashley Furniture's quality appeals to consumers across various demographics, making it the top selling home furniture brand in the United States according to Homes & Textiles Today with reported revenues in excess of 3.3 billion dollars.
  • Online showroom: The online showroom feature gives you an idea of what to expect at your local store, but it's just a sample and shouldn't be considered a complete inventory.
  • Best for Families, individuals and professionals.

Compare Furniture Stores