2.85/5
Based on 2,264 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture Reviews

Original review: Nov. 14, 2019

Ashley Furniture store in Fairfield NJ Rt 46, SALES people are awesome. These people are great of course. No problem here...all is well until there is a problem after you buy. Bought high end dining room set 9 months ago. Barely use this set. Only during holidays and just discovered leg on one chair is cracked. Call customer service and was told because is not "a manufacturer defect" then nothing can be done. That says a lot about the quality of these sets and the company that says will stand by its products. If this was over a year I might understand but 9 months a barely used by average sized people? I've been a customer for many years. They are OK losing a customer over a single defected chair. Not a good way to run a business. This is the cardboard quality you get on those elegant chairs at Ashley.

Ashley furniture update. Yet two more chairs just broke one of their legs. Normal use. We are not heavy people nor use these chairs a lot. These chairs are only used maybe 2 to 3 times a month for dinner. BEWARE OF THE QUALITY OF FURNITURE you buy here. They also will not stand for their products. Once you buy they don't want to hear from you anymore.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

DO NOT USE THEM. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE. I would give them 0 stars if I could. My roommate and I purchased a warranty through Ashley Furniture for a couch under the premise we would get an additional discount off the couch. This was not the case. The salesperson LIED TO US. After noticing the discount did not come off, we called the NYC store and we were told "she no longer works at Ashley Furniture." Conveniently, she left the same day I called, according the manager.

The leather couch we purchased has a giant scuff on it, so we want to use our extended warranty to get the cushion replaced. We called the 3rd party warranty company several times. It's been 4 months and the cushion has still not been replaced. We called Ashley to inquire about this and were told it's not their problem. To summarize - we were lied to and conned into purchasing the protection plan/extended warranty, and then we were abandoned once they had their money and won't help us in getting this cushion fixed. I will never shop at Ashley Furniture again.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I ordered a kitchen table. Was told I would receive a call half hour before arrival. They came at 7:45 in the am (before the scheduled time and without a call). The delivery men set up table and pushed it close to the counter. They pushed the chairs in and the one man stood behind the chair and said here, looks good sign. I took a quick look and seemed good. They walked out door and at same time my husband pulled out chair where man had been standing, the underside of the table was broke!! I ran outside yelling for the men to stop and they kept driving! I spent the next 2 hours trying to reach someone at the company.

When I finally did they said they would have the truck come back and pick up the table that afternoon. Wound up taking the afternoon waiting for a truck that never came. 3-4 more calls I was told no worry they would pick up next and refund me. They did pick up next day and the men that came this time actually said the guys from yesterday will get in trouble le that they must have broke it. Now, I learn after all the headache.... they are still charging me shipping!!!! Fraudulent behavior by their delivery people and they want to charge me. Never had such a bad and disappointing experience. Stay clear.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2019

I purchased a counter height table from Ashley Furniture in Capitol Heights, MD. The original table was damaged during assembly on Oct. 18, 2019. The replacement table was damaged during assembly on Nov. 4, 2019. Ashley Furniture refused to offer a full refund. Ashley's solution was for me to re-select another item or accept a store credit even though the table was damaged twice during assembly. Ashley Furniture Corporate Office, Service Department, Ahmed and/or Yanzi did not return repeated phone calls. I also made multiple trips to the Regency Furniture Store in Capitol Heights, MD and was advised by Manager, RC that he didn't have an issue with me Ashley removing the damaged table and offering a refund. However, his emails to Corporate Office/Moe went unanswered. I would not recommend Ashley Furniture to anyone.

Original review: Nov. 12, 2019

We shopped around forever for the perfect couch set for our new house, we were so excited to find a beautiful couch set at Ashley and we did our due diligence, and decided to go ahead with the purchase. HOWEVER, fast forward 3 months, we were noticing REALLY bad pilling happening on the fabric, we chalked it up to wear and tear. Fast forward again another 3 months and the fabric is so pilled that people COMMENT on it when they come over to our house... it's EMBARRASSING! We called customer service, and surprise surprise they do not warranty the fabric, or would not return our couches because we were dissatisfied.

They sent out a tech out, he came over and stuffed our pillows so full they are ridiculous to sit with on the couch, and basically told us that it's our problem about the fabric because Ashley doesn't stand behind their products. So needless to say we spent a lot of money on a couple of couches that will be in the landfill sooner than later, but one thing we know for sure...we WILL NOT BE BUYING A SINGLE THING FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE AGAIN. SAVE YOUR MONEY and go somewhere that has BETTER service, and BETTER quality!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 11, 2019

9/10/19 places call to Ashley Furniture for warranty claim. 9/11/19 emails pictures of damage to Ashley Furniture per request. 10/16/2019 repair tech finally comes out after many calls regarding update - states Ashley Furniture sent us the wrong parts. Needed to make repair and says he can temporarily fix the broken board that came loose from our chaise until Ashley Furniture mails us the correct parts. Asked tech to wait to make correct repair that’s needed. 11/9/19 emailed Ashley Furniture for update on repair - no reply. 11/11/19 - called Ashley Furniture. Spoke with customer service about update on scheduling repair still needed... Was told they closed the ticket... Reason? Not covered under their warranty!

Worst Customer service ever! Could not even get a call back to let us know that the repair would not be scheduled after almost a month later after the repair tech came out! And two months after placing the initial call in regards to our warranty repair needed! Needless to say I am a very unhappy customer who will continue to spread the word not to ever use Ashley furniture again when furnishing a home!

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

We ordered a complete bedroom set on 9/22/19. We spent over $3,000. They GLADLY took our money, but don't want to deliver the products. We were told the delivery date was 11/3/19. Within 2 days of our purchase, we received a phone call. They needed to bump the delivery date to 11/10/19. So, on 11/8/19, we got a call telling us we had a PARTIAL delivery coming. We had to call the company to find out WHY only a partial, and blamed it on the warehouse.

I talked to Alicia in delivery, GUARANTEED me that she emailed the warehouse and my ENTIRE ORDER would be DELIVERED ON 11/10/19. On 11/10/19, the delivery guys only showed up with 1 piece of furniture, when 7 items were ordered. They have no idea when the rest of my order will be delivered. "It could be on 11/17/19, it might not be." The 17th will be 8 weeks for the products to be delivered. VERY DISSATISFIED, will NEVER shop Ashley again. Will DISCOURAGE EVERYONE I KNOW FROM SHOPPING THERE.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

The salesman told me this $1300 chair is leather. Six months later it is starting to peel. The peelings reveal. The top layer peeling off is no thicker than skin flakes are from when sunburn peels. It is apparently somethings bonded to something else.

Original review: Nov. 10, 2019

I purchased a new bed for my disabled brother. It was agreed at purchase that they would haul off his old bed, I just needed to purchase a plastic cover for the mattress for loading it, which I did. The delivery got pushed back for a week. When it finally arrived, the delivery crew left his old bed in the hallway. This is at an apartment complex for disabled people! Not only poor service, but a danger to the other residents. My brother, who only has one good arm, and one of his neighbors pushed and dragged his old furniture to their trash room. He should NEVER have had to do that, I was told at the point of sale that it would be taken care of. I returned to the store today to lodge a complaint with the manager, but it was very obvious that they don’t care after they have your money. No compensation offered for failure to haul off or my cost for the mattress cover.

Original review: Nov. 8, 2019

Ashley Furniture delivered a terrible product. The bed is terrible. I can feel the coils through the top when I lay on it. It's a cheap piece of junk. The worst part is, Ashley does not take returns... ever. They don't even answer their phone. I tried contacting their customer service department three time over a period of three days and sat on hold for over 40 minutes each day until finally having to hang up. There was no way to contact them. I even tried to online chat with them and that was unavailable on their website.

I am now stuck with a terrible brand new bed. I am going to have to go shopping this weekend to buy a "real" bed and have this junk removed from my home. I am so disappointed and feel very foolish. READ THE FINE PRINT. Don't be fooled by pictures and the descriptions. They are very good at hooking you into buying and then there is no going back. A tough and expensive lesson for me this week. I will NEVER shop at Ashley Furniture again. I should have known better.

Ashley Furniture Company Information