2. Homeowners

Overall Satisfaction Rating 2.67/5
Based on 2,394 ratings submitted in the last year

Ashley Furniture Reviews

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

We have made (2) purchases with multiple items from Ashley and have had multiple issues with both back orders and damage to the items being delivered. I’ve detailed the issues below:

Issue #1 – Ordered a table and 8 chairs and a sectional sofa. Paid and scheduled for Delivery. Upon delivery only the chairs and 4 out of 5 sections of the sofa were delivered. No table or the 5th piece of the sofa. Based on the missing items we could not use the furniture until the replacements came over a week later. We were told by the delivery drivers that the 2 missing pieces were on back order and would have to be delivered at a later date. No call prior to the delivery to notify us of the missing items or the back order.

Issue #2 – Upon inspection of the sectional couch, a back support on one of the pieces was damaged (cloth torn and wood under the cloth broken). We contacted Ashley to set up a replacement. No follow up to say when the replacement would arrive until we called the store ourselves. It was 3 weeks before the replacements arrived.

Issue #3 – The chairs received for the table were not even to the floor. They wobbled when anyone sat on them. We called Ashley again to have a repair person come out and fix the chairs

Issue #4 – We also ordered a bedroom set. (1) Chest, (1) Dresser, (2) nightstands and were told that the bed would be available the 2nd week of February. We were told that we could not purchase the bed until it came back into inventory. Initially we decided to leave the store since the bed would take over a month to receive. The store sales person assured us that the bed frame would be available in February and offered to lend us a metal bed frame to hold our mattress until the other frame became available. We have since found out that the bed frame will not be available until 3/27, Not February as promised. We made the purchase of the matching pieces based on understanding that the bed would be available in February. Had we not been assured of this we would not have placed the order for the matching dressers, etc.

Issue #5 – Upon delivery of the Dresser, chest and nightstands, the dresser was not delivered due to being on back order. Again no call ahead to notify us. The chest arrived broken at the foot and was refused. So for this delivery the nightstands were the only items delivered.

Issue #6 – Upon delivery of the dresser (which was now available) a 2nd chest was delivered – again damaged. This time the damage was much worse. The foot was broken in addition to a large scratch down the front as well as the dressers main frame being broken.

We are still pending our chest delivery and have not at this point been able to order our bed due to the lack of follow up from Ashley. We have spent hours of time on the phone with the sales person (Angel), the store managers (Alicia, Aaron and Sally) as well as the corporate office. The follow through from Ashley does not exist. I’ve asked for callbacks and they do not call back after promising that they will call back with updates or to follow up. We’ve had to callback on almost every issue. When trying to contact the store the phone lines either go unanswered or when someone does pick up, the call is disconnected. I spoke to a female at what I was told is the corporate office and asked her to have her manager contact me back. She stated that she would and I never received a call. I put a review on yelp and a response was received from Ashley with a promise to contact me to discuss. That was 5 days ago and no call.

We’ve called back to the store and asked to speak to the manager who has refused to get on the phone himself. Instead has asks his manager to relay messages to us. At this point we are requesting to return the Dresser, Nightstands and Chest as we will not be purchasing the bed from Ashley based on our experience. We’ve made this requested through the store via manager Alicia and she refused to accept the items stating that they do not do that.

We are in a position in which we purchased these items in good faith based on the promise of receiving the matching bed in February. We were willing to wait until March but based on the lack of follow through from their leadership team, we have lost all confidence in their ability to deliver going forward. We’ve also asked Ashley (corporate and the store directly) to compensate us for our time in having to be home and take off work for repeated deliveries and due to back orders and repairs. They offered a 100.00 refund which is an insult given that we spent thousands with them thus far. We have no choice this point but to file this complaint with the BBB.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

This has been the worst experience I have been through. I cannot explain the amount of time and frustration I have wasted on their furniture. We ordered furniture in October of 2019. November 18th we were supposed to have furniture delivered. The delivery men broke the furniture as they were putting it together, said they didn't have the correct hardware and ran out the door and drove away before my husband even realized what happened. We waited until the end of December with broken furniture in our room. Finally, when the new items were back in stock we scheduled a delivery/exchange for January 11th. When the came to deliver they did not come with new hardware and could not put together our bed AGAIN.

The delivery men said they would come back January 14th and put the bed together. Nobody ever called me to confirm so I had to call and they told me they were NOT coming on January 14th as the hardware was not in stock. At this time I requested (& had to fight for) a refund. We scheduled the refund for tomorrow, January 25th. I did not get a call for a 4 hour window so I called Ashley furniture.

They are now telling me the retrieval of the furniture was never scheduled. They also informed me that once the furniture is finally (if ever picked up) I have to wait for it to get back to the warehouse and physically go back to the store with my card to get my money back. This is the biggest nightmare I have ever been through. I am stuck still with disassembled furniture in my bedroom. This has been disrupting my life for months. At this point I will be putting in a claim to the credit card company to cancel my payment.

Original review: Jan. 24, 2020

Ashley HomeStore Fairfield, NJ. Prepare to waste your money. Sealy Performance 2091740M mattress. I should have known better! I spent nearly 2 hours getting through my mattress, pillow and mattress pad purchase. The salesperson who helped me got ambushed by a pushy woman with her daughter who pressured him into helping her before me. I should have walked out right then and there but had already invested an hour of my time.

I purchased a Sealy pillow mattress with a 10-year warranty. Within a couple of months I noticed a sinking spot in the center. I complained, an inspector came out, filed a claim and replaced the mattress with a new one. Fine. Within 3 months of sleeping on the new mattress, the same problem occurred. After another inspection and waiting a month and a half, I was told that Sealy had deemed that my sinkhole was just under an inch and half and therefore within their standards and could not be replaced.

The mattress cost me $637.00, (orig price 849.00) it is just over 2 years old and I wake up with back pain every morning. No, it is not the most expensive mattress but I did hope I could actually sleep on it without pain. I was told that if the sinkhole gets deeper to contact Ashley. In conclusion, Ashley sold me a substandard product back by Sealy who has a low standard warranty! I consider this a total loss. I will never buy another Sealy product or shop at Ashley Homestore again. Just awful! I'm angry I had to give this review 1 star.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

I purchased almost $4000 dollars worth of furniture on 12/30/19 from Baybrook store. At that time supposedly the delivery date was verified for all but one piece be delivered on 1/2/20. I was then called by customer service and informed that it would be a few different dates on the furniture - none of which were 1/2/20, some pieces as long as three weeks later. I was told that once the customer leaves the store it's no longer the store's responsibility. Which I disagreed with her, when I got ready to hang up she called me not so nice of a name under her breath, and then hung up.

I then went back to the store and talked with a manager who informed me if I cancelled the order I would be charged a re-stocking fee of. I asked him to talk with his boss and he told me he would call me back within two days. Three days went by and no call, so once again I went into the store and talked with the same manager. I ended up canceling my order. Was issued credit, I had just made it out to the car and was sent an email thanking me for an order for $555.49. I waited a couple of days and called customer service again now about the new charge, she was very pleasant and said she would contact a special manager at the store, and ask her to reach out to me about the charge, which I never received a call from her. I did go and purchase from American Furniture and had all my furniture delivered two days later. Customer Service was great all through the process!

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

They delivered us a bed frame that was very cheap and broke in the middle the first time we laid on it. They gave me a hard time about returning it and I had to break the lease with the financing company to return it. The sales lady also lied to us about the delivery and try to charge us a $200 fee then come to find out delivery is free. The delivery driver took off before my husband could open the box and he signed my husband signature without his permission.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 23, 2020

First I was given a 4 hour window to receive my furniture after taking off of work. My furniture NEVER ARRIVED!!!! Upon calling I was told that the truck broke down. I did not receive a courtesy call informing me of a reschedule delivery. I was told that I will have to sit home the next day for 4 hours from 2:30-6:30 and could not reschedule. I will never deal with Ashley Furniture again.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

***BUYER BEWARE*** Horrible experience, spent WAY too much money on their high end King adjustable base bed and Mattress. Our Sales Rep, Maria **, NEVER told us of No Return policy. After 2 days, we reached out and she asked us to test and "break in" the bed for 30 days before returning, still never mentioning the No Return policy. We did, were still unsatisfied with how uncomfortable the bed was, returned after 30 days and finally learned of the no return policy.

There are SEVERAL other competitors out there that allow you to test and if not satisfied can return the item, as it should be!! We expected the same from Ashley and now know it was a fatal mistake! They did offer to allow us to change out the mattress to a different mattress that might be more comfortable, but to their shame and lack of customer service wanted MORE $$. Unbelievable, especially after we spent over $8K!! Feel really dumb and hope people go to their competitors, Sleep Number, IKEA, etc that have better deals at lower costs with satisfaction guaranteed. Shame on Ashley for this CRAP policy, not disclosing fully and not standing by their product to lock in their sales and commissions. NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS SHADY COMPANY!!!!

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

My husband and I purchased a reclining sofa and loveseat from Ashley Furniture Homestore in August of 2015. We also purchased the Assurance Plan at that time. In late June of 2019, one of the reclining mechanisms in the sofa broke. In early July my husband submitted a claim via Montage Furniture Services. The sofa was not fixed until Tuesday, December 10, 2019, nearly six months after we submitted our claim. This was the worst customer service I think I've ever experienced.

At one point I was making daily calls to both Ashley and to Montage (because each company was apparently waiting on information from the other?). My husband and I both sent numerous e-mails. We received two separate deliveries of exactly the same INCORRECT PART.... It was a fiasco. Anything that could go wrong, did go wrong, and there were very few moments when anyone at either company made any attempt to apologize for the ridiculous amount of time the repair was taking. My husband and I had been purchasing most of our furniture from Ashley and we were very happy with the sofa and loveseat, but this experience has permanently damaged our view of both Ashley and Montage.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

If I could have a negative star I would. Every time I change the remote batteries the bed does not work even though I follow the instructions. I called the customer service line so many times and even on four occasions left a callback number per their instructions. To date I never received a return call. I went on their website and wrote out my problem. Days later I get a number for parts! I believe you have to be clueless to work there. Don't waste your time or money. I wish I didn't.

Original review: Jan. 21, 2020

Bought a leather sectional. Was about 50000. Was told by manager to get warranty, it covers everything, asked several questions before buying... Now 2 years later the cording has rubbed off. So the lies are couch is 100 percent leather where body touches, extra warranty cover 100 percent of anything that happens. Now I am told it’s wear and tear. Warranty is a scam... Don’t trust what sales people say not even the management.

Ashley Furniture Company Information