2.98/5
Based on 2,225 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

3274 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Paid hundreds of dollars for the "white glove delivery" that is supposed to come with "careful inspection". It was delivered when I was out and my wife signed for it. When I see the bed frame it has a massive crack (separation through the headboard frame), glue and paint stains on the railing and crack as if someone tried to fix it. Not even an hour after the delivery I called and asked Ashley (called the customer service number) to come back and replace it or at least pick it up. They refused and said I had to submit a claim with pictures and wait for an agent to get back to me. Waited two days and they finally called and would only replace the damaged part, and normally that would be fine, except in this case someone has clearly tampered with this product and tried to hide the damage and I wanted to exchange the whole thing. The sales representative said they could not do that and if I wanted to return it would a 25% charge.

I said I wanted to speak to a supervisor and was told I would be given a call back by a supervisor shortly. Was never called back, so I called back next day following-up and was told they would NOT replace the whole product only the damaged parts, as that is the policy from the manufacture. Ashley furniture brands itself as being the manufacturer, they make all their own product! I spent hundreds of dollars on a product I am not happy with, that I want replaced and I am being forced to keep. How is a business that advertise a great return policy and customer service not able to simply allow customers to return defective products (1 hour after receiving it). Be warned. Ashley Furniture misleads its customers!

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

Got Powered Sofa with Massage, lighted and cold cup holders from Ashley. Thought I was smart buying the extended warranty but I was wrong. The love seat stopped working in July 20th and finally got replaced on September 17, less than 2 years after purchase. Replaced with a broken love seat. Ashley tried to blame Warranty company but I knew better and finally they said they will have to get someone to come out again. It's been 3 months so far and who knows when it will get fixed. Other companies stand behind their products, Ashley does not.

Original review: Sept. 18, 2019

First, I want to say my salesman was very pleasant and so was everyone I dealt with. My complaint is that I was told it would take 2 weeks for shipping. My recliner actually didn't come in until almost 4 weeks. On top of that no one even called me to tell me it came in, I had to call.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

We have purchased Ashley furniture several times in the past 5 years. I would estimate we have spent over $35,000 in furniture over 5 years. The furniture itself, I have no complaint about. It is stylish and made with fairly good materials for a very fair price. The delivery, however is a completely other issue. Two weeks ago we purchased a bedroom set, sofa, coffee table, lamps and wall pictures. We waited around 4 hours for our delivery window. They were missing half of the items and said we were supposed to pick them up at a warehouse. That was not what we discussed in the store with the sales rep. They were also missing 2 lamps and 2 wall hangings. When calling the 800 number you can expect a 30+ minute hold and we were disconnected after about 45 minus of holding two times.

A second online order that we purchased for our cabin in UT and paid extra to select our delivery dates ended up in part of the shipment shipping a week early. I called the 800 number to tell them we were out of state and chose/paid for a specific date in which we would be there. Guess what? Another 45 minute hold to horrible infomercials then mysteriously disconnected. I would rather pay more for better customer service. Goodbye Ashley. That's the last time you'll hear from us.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Updated on 09/17/2019: After my initial review I contacted customer service again to see if they could give me an estimated date and accommodate re-deliver because it was not my fault. Customer service got an attitude with me saying it was't their fault either. I explained that it was because they chose to partner with a company who did not perform quality assurance on their products and put their items in their stores for consumer purchase. After that she was very quiet. I asked her if she would she would feel the same way I felt if it were her. She looked further and told me the other piece of the couch would be out until 10/1/2019. This is a joke. Never again.

Original Review: I went to the Sterling, VA location and was working with a regional salesperson who claimed he travels to various locations to increase sales. He was not completely honest about delivery, however I was told I had to wait 3 week for delivery, later to find out it was 3 weeks to the warehouse. I called the week that they told me and everything was in the warehouse, but none called me to schedule delivery. I set up delivery myself and I was told they would call the day before with a time, the websites states that you have to change delivery within 48 hours (that was not possible).

I took off of work the day of delivery, upon arrival they did not bring the correct pieces. I was brought 2 sofas instead of a sofa and chaise sectional. The delivery guy said the boxes were labeled correctly, but the items were wrong. He had to call the error in and so I asked customer care when they would deliver and they said they did not know and I would receive a call time the day before. I explained to them I took off of work and I would not be able to take off again and she stated that was all she could do. I will never purchase from them again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

Based off of this experience I would give them zero stars if I could! Received the worst customer service of my life. The online orders department manager was extremely rude and even yelled at me over the phone. Truck drivers lied to the manager saying they tried contacting me for the delivery, but I was waiting around for hours and didn’t receive any phone calls. Then I’m told the only way I’d receive my order is if I pay a re-delivery fee of $100!! Why?! So that the delivery men can lie again?! & try to get even more money out of me?? Insane! Needless to say I had to cancel the order. That office is an absolute mess. They don’t care about their customers. Wont be shopping from there anymore. BUYERS BEWARE.

Original review: Sept. 17, 2019

On July 28th I ordered 3 pieces from Ashley Furniture totaling over $1600. When the sectional was delivered on August 31st, there was a large cushion missing for the back portion of the corner chaise. I immediately phoned customer service and explained the problem of NO cushion, gave them the order number, the product information, etc. They said they would send a replacement right away. They sent NOT a cushion, but some sort of cover that was TOTALLY useless. I attempted to call them again, and could not get through after being on hold for 65 minutes.

I emailed, no response. I have called and emailed every day for the past 2 weeks and guess what, NO reply, NO answer, and NO cushion! I am disgusted with the lack of customer service and the fact they have my $1600 and I do not have a complete sectional that can be used! I am at a loss what to do next. I have used Ashley before and did not have a problem, but GUARANTEED, will NEVER use them again, all over something so simple as sending me the large cushion that was never sent with the sectional like promised!

Original review: Sept. 16, 2019

Worst customer service experience I have ever had. We ordered furniture in March and still haven’t been corrected or fixed. The management at West Broad Street location could care less after they sell you furniture. Every time I call they are rude and a manager never returns my call. Also not to mention the furniture is poor quality.

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

Purchase this loveseat and sofa 4 years ago since the first month loveseat has been worn out and I have been putting on a cushion for the seat so my gluteus maximus doesn't sink in along with a back support. Now it's to the point where I need to put a board underneath the cushion I sit on. Never buy Ashley Furniture because it does not last more than a month. Such garbage and yes it's the truth I'm not kidding

Original review: Sept. 15, 2019

My wife ordered a media center from Ashley HomeStore Online last month. When it was delivered and unpacked the first piece highly damaged in one corner. We could have lived with it has it been the only issue. Taking more pieces out we saw two more defects. We called several times, emailed, and tweeted at both the manufacturer and Ashley. We couldn't believe a company would pack a defective product like they did. After hours on hold, my wife did finally did talk to someone who promised a refund. BUT they said that they were not gonna pick up the product nor pay for its disposal! So we have a box that weighs over 50 lbs in our living room. My wife was just tied so she didn't put up a fight over them not picking it up. But WTF. This is horrible customer service. We are never going to that store again either physical or online. If I could give zero stars I would.

Ashley Furniture Company Information