2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

3.1/5 (1746 ratings)

About Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

Pros

• Price matching
  • Large variety
  • Affordable
  • Room Builder tool

Cons

• Short return period
  • Pay for assembly

Bottom Line

Ashley Furniture sells affordable furniture available in varying colors, styles and materials. Consumers like its price-matching program, discounts and variety.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2021

We shopped around at EVERY furniture store available more than once and ended back up at Ashley's. After diligently shopping, we found the perfect everything for us! We purchased a living room set, 2 bedroom sets, mattresses, dining set, desk & tables for all. It was a big purchase for us and we were very leary about any sales pitch we may get. From the time we walked in we met Lillian ** (Douglasville) who walked us through (without hounding us) & worked with us on EVERY item. We love the quality and style of every item we choose and look forward to the premium delivery and set up of them all this weekend, and a few coming in a few weeks. We will without a doubt return to Ashley's for any other upcoming furniture purchases. The manager Keiron ** was also very professional and accommodating. No doubt 5 stars for our experience! Thank you Ashley Team!

Original review: March 30, 2021

I had planned on purchasing my first new sofa and recliner and went to Ashley Furniture. Ashley K. From the Baxter, MN store was of great assistance with purchasing my McCade Cobblestone Reclining Sofa and Lazy Boy Recliner. She asked me the questions to quickly narrow down to a couple options. Ashley was great with providing guidance for colors to coordinate with my flooring. We are very pleased with the comfort, price, and the colors. Larger purchases like these are generally quite stressful for me but Ashley turned this into a positive experience and so pleased with my purchase. I would not hesitate to go back to the Baxter store and ask for Ashley K. The furniture and service was outstanding.

Original review: March 8, 2021

I purchased a Queen Flynnter 7 piece Bedroom set on 11/29/2020 from the Catonsville MD store, the store Sales Rep. customer service was excellent, his product knowledge was outstanding. He took the time to make sure I was getting the BEST deal for my purchase, I did ask for his Manager to let her know what an AMAZING job her employee had done. Prior to coming in I had been to 3 other furniture stores and I was very dissatisfied with their services. Upon completion of the sales, I was given all necessary paperwork pertaining to my recent purchase, I was told when to expect delivery.

When it came within a couple of weeks of my expected delivery date, I was contacted by Ashley Furniture with a more accurate time window. When my furniture arrived to the warehouse I was called once again to schedule a delivery date. I was scheduled a delivery date, the warehouse department called me the day before to give me a time window, prior to arriving to my house, I was sent a text message 10 minutes prior to the delivery guys arriving! The 2 gentlemen who delivered my purchase was very professional & courtesy. They neatly bought all my pieces in my house up to the bedroom, they were quick with putting together the headboard, footboard & frame. I was ask how I wanted the bedroom to be set up and once the job was completed I was then asked to look over all items to ensure they were satisfactory to me, I stated I was very pleased!

One of the gentlemen then stated to me he had to take pictures of all the items after being delivered and set up to verify I received everything in great condition. My overall experience was OUTSTANDING! I would recommend the Ashley Furniture Store in Catonsville MD location. If I should ever want to purchase more furniture in the future I would surely consider going back to Ashley Furniture Due to the COVID19 pandemic the whole process took 10 weeks, I was told after making the purchase it would be 8 to 12 weeks. I received the services I expected!

Original review: Dec. 1, 2020

I love Ashley Furniture store because they give you constant updates on their furniture in stock and sales. There is always something new to review in their department store. Their furniture has many styles to choose from. I am very interested in their living room and bedroom offers. The cost is a little high but if you want great value then you must pay for what is going to last for years until you decide you want to redecorate your home. There are so many colors and options to your taste. You will probably stay in their store all day.

Original review: Nov. 21, 2020

I have been shopping at Ashley furniture for the past 25 years because I like the quality of their furniture and how long it lasts. When I was younger I couldn't afford to buy furniture of this quality so I shopped at stores like Value City and the pleather would wear within a year. Also the wood chipped much faster. As you get older you don't want to have to replace your furniture as frequently so you want to purchase something more durable. To this day I tell all my friends who come over and compliment me on my furniture, how satisfied I am with the quality of my furniture and I would recommend them to anybody!

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Bought table. Waited for delivery never arrived, called many times, impossible to reach. Went back to store, received new delivery date. Table arrived already built. 1 month past table legs fall apart and chairs sink in middle. Call and call warranty department, repair arrives and orders parts. Parts arrive but repair people never show. Tired of calling them, a few month later table cracks in base while we are eating dinner. Next ordered closet shelves, delivery arrives with broken shelf. I call and email Ashley and am bounced back between manufacturer and Ashley and I never get parts and they are not willing to take back. Stay away from this company and City Furniture. Same company, just stay away.

Original review: Sept. 8, 2021

Was told a specific delivery date for of the several pieces of furniture ordered and it still has not been delivered. Was told another delivery date for 2 other pieces of furniture and still no delivery. We have no furniture and no one will return our calls. We have been waiting over a month for our order and have nothing! We have been able to speak with a live person only 3 times out of all the many, many calls and was even told a supervisor would call us back, and return our call. We still have no call back from a supervisor. Even spoke with the sales person on the phone and nothing has happened. He got the sale and was done with us. Called too many times to count now and still nothing.

I will NEVER AGAIN IN MY LIFE PURCHASE from this crooked company. Take your business elsewhere!!!! They will be sued for deceptive trade practices. Every single family member, relatives and friends will hear about how wrong we have been done by this company! After complaining to one family member, I have already been told we are having other problems with Ashley Furniture as well. They purchase dining room chairs that are all uneven and wobble due to cheap quality! They to can’t get a person on the phone that will help!! Find another company to purchase your furniture and save yourself the frustration, anger and headache!!!

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Hello. I placed an order for a mattress online because I thought it would be more convenient than driving to purchase it. Alas, my delivery date was scheduled for September 27! I placed the order on August 20. Now I contacted the number on the bottom of my email to instead pick it up from your distribution center. The number used was: (301) 242-5990. Their service was less than par, & the first service agent (after having called the first time), asked if I "really" wanted to be transferred in a condescending tone.

The agent, after I was transferred (the first time), said that she was going to reach out to their delivery team but rather transferred me to a survey asking for the rating of the service call). The last time I was transferred over to "Ashley Online (per the second agent, there are two entities), I was simply transferred to a survey to "rate" your service. Really? My order number is: **. Ashley has already pulled the funds from my bank, and I now would like to pick them up from my very local distribution center. As a first responder, I do not want to wait till almost the end of the month to have in my possession an item I purchased on August 20. Your customer service is immensely poor and agents' attitude questionable.

Original review: Sept. 7, 2021

Bought Outdoor furniture and Dinning set along with protection plan. Received defective outdoor furniture. Ashley Furniture were not helpful even with a protection plan. Spent couple of weeks calling and sending emails with pictures to customer service and local store but with no outcome. Local store/sales folks were rude. It's been almost 2 months but still struggling to fix the furniture. Bad experience with Ashley Furniture.

Original review: Sept. 6, 2021

We had purchased bedroom furniture from Ashley's in the past and were pleased with it. So when we were in search of new living room furniture we decided to look there first. This was the end of March 2021. We found a sectional and coffee table we liked. So we purchased it. Delivery was made within a week of purchase which was a great time frame. But from the moment the delivery guys showed up it was a disaster. First of all the delivery guys could not speak English. So I could not communicate with them.

Second of all they literally were in my house for a total of 5 minutes. They dropped the furniture and were on their way. As their truck was pulling down the driveway I noticed the coffee table had a chunk out of the leg. I immediately called The Harrisburg PA Ashley store where we bought it. I talked to the manager and he asked me to email pics. I did so within 10 minutes of the delivery. After not hearing anything for a few days, we called again. They directed us to the warranty people because we had purchased the extended warranty. Well they said it wasn't their problem because it was within the first year. And that falls under the manufacturer warranty. So we had to go back to dealing directly with Ashley's.

Now we are about a week into having the furniture. We notice the frame of the couch is broke. There is a piece of wood that is pushing through the fabric on the back of the couch. I called immediately to report it. Again I was told it was a manufacturer defect so I would need to deal directly with Ashley's. We were told by Ashley's customer service that they would need to come out to take a look at the furniture (apparently the numerous pictures were not enough). This now the beginning of April. The first available time someone can come is the middle of June. We weren't thrilled. But what are you going to do? The night before our scheduled appointment they called to say they would need to reschedule due to an emergency. It was a pre recorded message. And they said someone would be in touch within 24 hours to reschedule. No one ever called. So after a few days we called them. The next available appointment was now the end of July.

Now remember we started this process the end of MARCH! All of that to say someone finally came out the second week of August. And they weren't there to look at the furniture. They were there to fix it. And soon realized that's all Ashley's was willing to do. No store credit. No replacement. We paid 2000.00 for furniture that was delivered damaged and broke within a week. And our only option is to keep it and deal with their poor attempts at fixing it. It is ridiculous! Their customer service is the worst ever! They were not willing to work with us at all.

Original review: Sept. 4, 2021

If I could select a zero rating I would: Keep in mind they claim they have a lifetime warranty on their products. Nightmare started 05/21 and 4 months later my sofa is still broken. Purchase living room suite that had a sofa and loveseat with recliners on both, 05/21. Delivered on 05/28. Recliner broke while sitting on it on 6/18 on sofa - called and reported to Ashley Furniture same day, within a couple of days the other side broke on sofa while my husband was sitting in it, he had just got home from a back fusion (it could have damaged his back).

Technician came 06/25, he said both were broke and he would order the parts, he said this happens in the warehouse because they handle them rough. Parts ordered 6/30, stated they would be delivered to warehouse and they would call within 7 days and setup a technician to repair, they never called. I called the following people that work for Ashley before I could get an answer on the parts Phone number 1-800-477-0097. Vicky, Daniel, Alexus, Douglas, Kiyana, Genia, June, Jasmine, Tonya and local store I purchased the furniture from. I was given a case # ** and was told the parts would not be here until October. I told them I was going to call Fox 5 News, she said she would replace the sofa, she was going to send me an email to attach pictures, but I never received an email, the next week the parts showed up at my home.

I called for a technician appointment. They stated he would be here on 9/4, a lady called on 08/30 to confirm my appointment for 9/4 and a technician would call me on 9/3 to give me a 4 hour window he would be here. We did not get a call, I called Ashley and the lady said the appointment was not on the books and she would request another. I told her I wanted to file a complaint and she asked what is your complaint, I asked her to read my file, this has been going on since May/June, she said she would make a note. I hung up and called the store I purchased it from and spoke with Stephanie, she opened another claim #**. At the end of all this crap, I have a new living room suite and it's been broken since I purchased it (paid cash) and cannot sit on sofa, the seat has dropped on both recliners. Highly disappointed!!! Feed up with all the dishonest information, every time you call it's at least a 15-20 minute wait before you can speak to anyone.

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

We bought furniture for our living room and a dinette set on July 14 and were told it would be 21 days (Aug. 4 would have been the delivery date) for it to come in. It's now September 3, and now we're told between September and December. We've been shopping for the 3 bedrooms, and I can assure you, we will NOT be shopping at Ashley's any longer!

Original review: Sept. 3, 2021

My husband and l decided to remodel our furniture so we decided to go to Ashley Furniture. It was the worst decision we made, we spent over 8,000 dollars in our bed set with the mattress. The customer service was good while shopping however when we tried our new mattress, it was and still is terrible. Every night so tired from this mattress, we contact them after a week to let them know that we are not happy with the mattress and they stated that they were going to call us back but most likely they can't do anything, they were going to reach out to the district manager to see what they can do for us.

It has been 3 weeks and until now no one call us back. Basically we have to keep this horrible mattress that cost closed to 5,000 dollars. l highly do not recommend this furniture. They do Not care about their customers. Once you make your purchase and they get the commission they do not care at all. Another thing is that after few weeks we notice that our bed head board was make by pieces of wood that are left overs from other stuff, one side is ok and the other looks so different.

Original review: Sept. 2, 2021

They lied, not trustworthy, overpriced furniture. Mae the manager doesn't care about the customers. She isn't pleasant. They take over four months to deliver your furniture and will not make it right with the customer. Very dissatisfied customer.

Original review: Sept. 1, 2021

Never purchased from this company before, and I wish I never had. I just moved into my new home and was lacking some furniture. Looked everywhere and found some dining room sets that were suitable but Ashley had the best price for the same unit. I purchased the set at the beginning of August and I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Each time I call they seem to push the delivery date out by 2 weeks. I'm extremely frustrated of hearing "subject to change." If you have the option to go elsewhere I would recommend that you do.

Ashley Furniture Company Information