1.12/5
Based on 468 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

2496 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: July 27, 2018

Salesforce is ok, but delivery and customer service response to lack of delivery as scheduled is horrible. 2 months now and I have been awaiting delivery of my shipment. Each month there is a problem per the customer service department. They are not willing to escalate the problem nor provide me with some who can. The attitude with the CSR on the phone is "It is was it is" bottom line. Not purchasing again from Ashley nor recommending it to anyone else.

Original review: July 25, 2018

Bought this couch in March, in May, I sat down on the corner chase and the wood frame completely shattered underneath me, I had bought warranty with Ashley and I had a warranty with the manufacturer itself for one year. Waited one month for the technician to come look at it. After a couple days I received a call saying that they denied the claim because it was considered "customer use". The customer service call centre, was the worst service I've ever had, I never got called back. I had to consistently call them if I wanted an answer, the supervisor denied to speak to me, and my couch was not replaced. If you want to sell faulty material that's fine, but at least provide your customers with the respect they deserve. NEVER BUYING ANYTHING FROM THIS PLACE AGAIN.

Original review: July 25, 2018

The Customer service is HORRIBLE. They cancelled my delivery and DID NOT NOTIFY ME. I sat home all day from work FOR NOTHING AND THEN they wanted to charge me for rescheduling. To boot - the only reason I am waiting on a delivery is because the piece they delivered in the first place was BROKEN. This has been a 5 month nightmare. Save yourself.

Original review: July 24, 2018

We went in and spoke to someone about mattresses and they directed us the Tempur-Pedic. We did purchase and during the process we are told we have a full 120 days to decide if we like it or not but to give it 30 days for us to adjust. We did that and could get a good night sleep so we went back in to exchange, this is where the nightmare starts. After 4 days of arguing with the Response Team they finally agreed to swap, so we went back in a picked out another mattress. The first one cost us $5200 and then they conned us into a different mattress that cost us another $1500 and was told again, you have 120 days to try it out.

It has now been 96 days and we can't sleep a full night on it. When I called to see if we could get switched to a Pillow Top they are now telling me that we have already swapped once and we can't swap out again. They are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. They DO NOT STAND BEHIND anything they tell you. Beware of ASHLEY FURNITURE. Manager will not tell you true just like the salesman.

Original review: July 21, 2018

PLEASE DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!!! I think it is completely unacceptable spend hundreds of dollars of your hard earned money with a franchise that prides itself with excellence and value in products and customers; but when you have purchased an extended warranty and service is REQUESTED you can not get an answer to when something will be done! I purchased a bed set from Ashley HomeStore (Secaucus, NJ). I am a veteran and had just came back from deployment when I received an advertisement in mail from Ashley HomeStore. Some of the things advertised were nice but not my style. I made a trip to the store and purchased some items I really liked; along with an extended warranty.

Fast-forward a year... One evening I am laying in the bed and I hear a crack and then my bed shifts. Immediately, I jump up and see the lip on the inside of the rail (which support the slats for the box spring) is completely broken off. The next morning I call the store where I purchased the bed and inquired about having the rails fixed. I was given the number for PLATINUM WARRANTY SERVICES - (888) 612-8909.

The representative sent an email with instructions on how to submit my claim. I followed the instruction PRECISELY, so there would be no delays resulting from my end. THIS WAS IN THE MIDDLE OF MAY; IT IS NOW ALMOST THE END OF JULY AND STILL NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE!!! I have been given the runaround since my initial email.

Instead of receiving follow-up calls, as promised by Platinum Warranty, I would end up calling for an update on my claim. One call I am told my warranty information can't be found, so they would have to contact the store and it would be in the system in 2-3 days. A week goes by, I call again and still the request hasn't been sent. Another week goes by, another phone is made and still no resolution. Two weeks go by, I place another call, and I am told the paperwork has finally been uploaded into the system and everything has been sent over to customer service and for me to contact customer service.

I contact customer service and the rep states my information isn't in the system and that a claim must be filed with them. So, again I explain the situation and give my information and I'm told wait again another 2-3 days. Three days later I receive a phone call stating my claim isn't handle by customer service but by a totally different company outside of Platinum called Montages. I contact this company and again story explained, information given, and I'm told to wait AGAIN! A week later, I receive a phone call stating the issue is handled by Platinum and Ashley Furniture and I must contact them.

DOES ANYONE DISAGREE THAT I'VE BEEN TOTALLY PATIENT AND COMPLIANT? That I have done the legwork for something that should be done on the vendor's end? But wait the story continues... I contact Platinum and tell them of what has happened. They tell me the credit has been sent to Customer Service (they are now providing me with dates and times the messages have been sent). I call the store of purchase. They say "Yes, you have a credit for $169." Okay, at this time I'm excited because I finally can sleep on my bed because I've been sleeping on my mattress on the floor. I ask if the rails are in-stock and will it be easier and quicker to have them delivered or picked up. I am then told "The rails can't be ordered because that bed has been DISCONTINUED and the best advice I can give is to contact Platinum and tell them the unit is no longer available and hopefully they will give you a credit or come up with a solution for you."

YES, YET AGAIN I...NOT ASHLEY BUT I...must contact Platinum and tell them the product they are obligated to fix is no longer being made!!! Mind you now it's the 4th of July holiday. So, at this time I'm furious but yet I still conduct myself in an adult manner. I call Platinum and inform them that the product has been discontinued. They tell me a credit for the ENTIRE unit will be applied and sent to the store and someone will be contacting me. On July 20th, a call is made to Ashley, there is still only a credit for the rails. I call Platinum and speak with a manager by the name of Emmy. She states the paperwork has been sent, provides times and dates of transmittal, and she will call Customer Service herself and have the credit applied, so it can be seen throughout the system and she will be contacting me back in 2 hours maximum.

Well, I guess it hasn't been 2 hours yet because I am still waiting for a phone call from Emmy and the date is now July 21st. So, I took it upon myself to call the purchase store and ask if any additional credits have been applied to my name. And of course it hasn't but then I am told if Platinum had applied the credit then it would be in the system because the claims person for Ashley is really thorough. So, instead of me calling and inquiring about the credit with them, that it needs to be taken up Platinum. And this was just said to me at 5:30 pm EST on July 21, 2018. If anyone has any ideas of what my next steps should be, please let me know. I have been in war situations, where I've been treated with more respect. But when I am home in the U.S., I can't get service for the things I've bought, which have a warranty.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: July 20, 2018

Went to the Ashley HomeStore in Springfield, Missouri manager Shyla **. Picked out a sofa and chair. Was told our delivery would be September 13. After taking the day off and not hearing from them I called, they patched me through their delivery people. I was told that my delivery would not be till September 20. On September 20, after staying home yet another day from work, I called and was told that my delivery date was supposed to be on September 13. I explain to them that I called September 13 and they told me would be September 20. They then proceeded to tell me that they couldn’t make it. That my furniture is in the warehouse but I would have to schedule another day.

I called my sales representative Matt and spoke to Sheila the store manager. They both told me there was nothing they could do on their end, except for refund my $119 delivery fee. This is totally unacceptable since I would have to take yet a third day off of work and hopefully get my furniture on that day. I called their corporate office wanted to speaking to the supervisor. Was put on hold only to be disconnected. I called again and was told that supervisor would call me back. At 5 o’clock, no return phone call. I am now going to the store to get my money back and spend my money somewhere else... I should’ve read the reviews before I bought my furniture there. Hard to believe they only have a one star rating. You would think that they would care a little bit more about their customers to get repeat service since I was going to go back to buy a carpet, coffee tables and lamps.

Original review: July 19, 2018

I bought my couch in March 2015, it was delivered in April of 2015. It seemed sturdy enough to last a while when I bought it. One day it was sat on and we just heard a loud pop. The frame had broken on the couch from being sat on. I have been trying to get this horrible company to honor their lifetime warranty on frames and they have been refusing to do so. Now I have called customer service and consumer affairs and no one will pick up the phone. The letter they sent me denying my claim said that there was no defect in the product but my warranty says lifetime warranty under normal wear of the couch. Nothing about defects only for the frame coverage. This company is a joke! Stay away!

Original review: July 19, 2018

2 days after couch was delivered the frame cracked. Cannot sit on that end of the couch. Emailed them immediately... After several emails they contacted us and said to send a picture. Ridiculous. They should have sent someone to see the cracked frame. A month later after I contacted the credit card company they sent someone who slapped a piece of wood on the cracked frame and used a staple gun. It was still bowed...staples came out all over living room floor. Contacted the credit company again.

2 weeks later Ashley called and said they are not responsible for the cracked frame because they claim we contacted them a month later. I am now forwarding all the emails to the credit card company to show we contacted them 2 days after delivery... I would never ever purchase another item from a place that does not stand behind their merchandise. I am going to now file a claim in small claims court. This company should not be allowed to be in business. Disgusting.

Original review: July 19, 2018

Bought a new couch and love seat in Nov 2017. In may 2018 notice a spot in it. Contacted Ashley Furniture and sent pics of it to them. They said they would take care of it. Then they contacted me and said they wouldn't because it was puncture. I contacted them and ask them to show me the puncture mark. Because punctures leave holes. They can't find a puncture in it because it isn't. So they contacted me and said they would order the part but I would have to pay a hundred dollars for them to repair it. I told them this is still under manufacturer warranty and I have a five year extension and will not pay for them to fix their faulty product. So they contacted me again and said as a courtesy they would fix it and will be the only time they will because it happened in the home. I told them even after they fix it I still have a manufacturer warranty still left and 5 yrs after that. And they are rude.

So I got the part to fix it and I will not open it. I will let their repairman open it and that way if something is wrong with it I won't be accused of doing something to it. I ask the lady who I dealt with, "Say you buy a 65 inch t.v from another store you get home plug it up it works but the next day it don't work what you going to do?" She said, "I would want it replaced." I ask her why. She said because it's defective. So I said, "But it happened at home." I told her, "But you don't want to stand behind your faulty product." I said, "They may accuse you of pouring water on it." And again I told her, "But you're accusing me of puncturing my couch. Which never happened. And I don't like being accused of doing something I didn't do." She hung up. I will never buy another product from Ashley Furniture nor will I recommend someone else to. They don't stand behind their products.

Original review: July 18, 2018

My experience was so bad that I had to register and leave this complaint. I don't typically do this but I just can't stand liars. I purchased a chair from their online store which was delivered arrived damaged. I contacted Ashley immediately while the delivery guys were still there. They said they would have someone come and try to fix it and it not, it would be replaced. I told them I want a new one and they insisted on sending someone out first. Now I know why. They sent someone who was unable to repair it and now they say they will not exchange the chair. They said it was my decision. It was not. I asked from the beginning to get a new chair and they lied and said it was protocol to do that first. Now they say they can't exchange. It hasn't even been 1 week since I've had the chair. I will NEVER do business again and plan on taking them to small claims court to get my money back.

Original review: July 18, 2018

I went back into the Jefferson City store to get additional support legs for my king size bed. The slats have places for 6 screw in support legs but the bed on comes with 3 (why?). I called and spoke to a customer service person and was told to go to the store and they would sell me additional ones for a little under $6 each. So silly me, I went into the store to get a few more.

Well, first I was told that was a "parts issue" and then they don't sell those but they would try to find out how I could get some sent to me. Well my first response was "how much is the shipping going to cost?" They had no idea if it was anything. The young lady called another place and found out or was told that the legs were $37.50 each!!! Are you kidding me?!? That is over a $31 difference, and they don't have "any parts for that bed that cost that much." Well I left. I wish someone with some power in the organization would actually speak with me and see what is really going on in the company.

Original review: July 17, 2018

Called today to schedule my delivery which was to be ASAP and informed the best they can do is August 3rd and that the coffee table I ordered will be on back order until the end of September. Once I stated I was going to cancel my order the girl who stated she was the delivery manager, said I would be charged a 12% restocking fee. Very upset with this since never discussed with me that the order would take this long and that the item was on back order. The only good experience was our salesperson who was very helpful, but won't be doing business with them again.

Original review: July 16, 2018

I purchased sofa & loveseat from Ashley furniture store. The furniture was delivered twice both times the sofa was ripped/torn. I attempted to contact them several time to no avail. They didn't answer the telephone. This has been a 3 week process and to date furniture still has not been received. Once, I spoke to some. They had me on hold and practically called me a liar then hung up on me. I will never purchase anything from them. I will also report them to the Better Business Bureau.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I pre purchased a sofa 3 1/2 weeks before it was to be delivered. At time of purchase I confirmed the delivery date. 2 days before delivery I received a call that they didn't have my furniture and I would need to reschedule, after I already rearranged my schedule to accommodate the original delivery date. My delivery was pushed back 1 week, I called 3 TIMES to confirm my delivery and 3 times I was told it was confirmed. I grew concerned the day before deliver was set because I had not received a confirmation call and in that phone call I was told that my delivery was not confirmed and I have to wait another week. This all after being told by 3 different customer care employees that I was confirmed.

Management had no compassion and was not willing to do anything except refund delivery fees and could care less that I still have not received my furniture that I bought and paid for over a month ago. I warn anyone considering buying from Ashley Furniture to NOT do so. They have poor customer service and are unwilling to resolve issues to satisfy a paying customer. I have time and money that has been spent and rearranged my obligations and cancelled my own schedule to accommodate them and still have not received my furniture or been properly compensated. Do NOT buy from Ashley. I had no idea so many other complaints were filed for the same reason, had I known I would have never purchased from them either.

Original review: July 14, 2018

Originally my wife and I was gonna purchase the Ashley Furniture brand mattress. But upon ordering the bed. They said it was sold out. So they gave us the option of choosing 2 Stearns and Foster bed for the same price as the Ashley Furniture brand mattress. So we both tried out the beds and we like the stone forest model. Not too firm and not too soft. It was perfect compared to our Sealy foam mattress. Once we received our mattress May 15th and it was setup. We were super excited for the good night sleep and leisure time laying on the bed. After the first week of sleeping on the bed. My wife and noticed that we would sink in the middle of the bed. So we called Ashley Furniture to confirm that we were sent the correct bed. After the bed was the one we ordered. We gave it another month to see if we just need time to get used to the bed. Nope, we just sunk right back in the middle.

We contacted Ashley again. And we found out that they can’t do anything for us. "No exchange or returns", they said. Our fault for not asking the basic questions. Called Stearns and Foster. They said they couldn’t and wouldn’t do anything to help us. So we are stuck with a $2700 bed. And no way can I sell this online. My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a new bed. At the end of the day. It is my fault for not asking the necessary questions. But to not get any type of help or support from both Ashley Furniture and Stearns and Foster tells me I’ve ripped off as a consumer. I would avoid Stearns and Foster and their overpriced bed.

Original review: July 14, 2018

I canceled invoice # ** on 7/13/2018 at 8.44 pm and never got emailed a cancellation # as promised. I received their delivery schedule at 6.42 pm. It took 2 hours to get in touch with anyone to cancel the order so it would not show up when I was not going to be home.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I can't believe how little they care about customer satisfaction. I bought swivel rocker armchair in 2014. About a year ago it started to squeak. Not much at first but now we are not able to use it because the noise is deafening. I contacted Ashley to have one of their repair people come and have a look at it. Because we never purchased the warranty we paid for the service call. $68.00 that was no problem. He couldn't find the problem but tightened everything and oiled it. That worked for 1 day. The squeak started again. I called them back. I was told I would have to pay for another service call. They did finally send someone else who barely looked at the chair and said there was nothing he could do.

I then contacted Ashley's customer service department and was told there was nothing they could do. It was wear and tear they said. I asked them if it was possible that the chair was poorly crafted but they just kept repeating the same thing so I knew it was a waste of time. I have a problem believing such an expensive chair would be finished after only 3 plus years. And I have a bigger problem believing this is how Ashley would treat a customer.

Original review: July 13, 2018

I bought 3 bedroom sets from them. Waited over two months for delivery. When delivered there was a bed rail missing, dresser with drawers that didn't close and scratches on top, another dresser had a drawer broken. Delivery guys said someone would call. No one called. I had to call and the store manager said it wasn't his area I would have to call the delivery department. Took two calls to delivery department to get anyone to help me. Said it would be another 2 months to get parts in to fix stuff, meanwhile my house is a mess because I have half used furniture that I can't use and my old furniture is gone.

I have asked to speak to a supervisor or manager, which their reply is, “There’s not one available at this time. Someone will call you back in 48 hours.” It’s now 48 hours after I have called the third time and still no call. I called the corporate office and they even said they couldn't help me that someone in my area would call me back. No one at this company cares about the customer. I own a local business and have never seen customer service like this before. This is the worst company to deal with. Everything they have said are complete lies. On top of all this they are billing me for my furniture even though I do not have a complete set of good product that I ordered. They didn't care. They delivered it they said and so they will be charging me for it. I can't believe they legally can be charging me for bad product that is not what I ordered.

Original review: July 12, 2018

5 year protection plan - hoax. Bought living room set back in 2014. Four years later a tear was found by the handle on the side of the sofa. I called and told them about the tear, they said, "Send us an email with the damages." After sending the email, they said, "Sorry it is an accumulation. This is not covered." Then I said it was due to a tool in my pocket while I was walking by. They said, "But you also said you moved the furniture so sorry you changed your story. We are not covering you." This is such a con job. Do not give your $500 to these people because they will not cover anything.

Original review: July 12, 2018

Bought the extra 5 year warranty. Waste of good money. Nice couch, very comfortable, I give it a 5 for about 6 months. Give it a zero now. We can feel the boards in the seat. The color is wearing off the couch after about 15 months. The motor has now worn out. The footrest is stuck in the start of the up position. It is in the way. 1500.00 for 2 1/2 years, what a joke. What junk!

Original review: July 11, 2018

If I could leave no stars I would. This has been the worst buying experience for my wife and I ever. The first couch we bought in store was delivered late, even after I had been called and notified they would deliver on the expected date. I stayed home from work and cancelled plans to only get a phone call late morning day of saying they didn't actually have it ready. THEN, we made the major mistake of purchasing from their online store during a sale and was told it would be delivered in two days and our CC was charged. 7 days later nobody can find our order online and we have no idea when it will be delivered. Customer service is a joke with 45+ min wait times. Stay far far away from Ashley.

Original review: July 10, 2018

The quality of this furniture was worse than ever expected, it was terrible. I submitted a return within 5 minutes of delivery and it took over 2 weeks for someone to process my return and schedule a pickup. Now, I have finally returned the items and they refuse to give me my money back. No one answers the phone or responds to emails. I processed a claim through PayPal to get my money back and because they "accidentally" duplicate charged me it shows a full refund. I was charged TWICE, refunded ONCE and do not have any furniture. I need help. I do not know what else to do.

Original review: July 9, 2018

We got our furniture delivered and I saw a scrape mark on sofa from them trying to get it on the house. They came a couple weeks later and repaired it. Then on the love seat where my husband sits his rear, the seat was bubbling up in spots. Notified store and they had to order the cushion. 3-4 weeks later came and changed out the cushion. The same thing was happening immediately. The repair guy said sitting on it may flatten it out. It didn’t. So 3 weeks later they came again to repair it. They failed to put the cushion all the way to end of footrest leaving wood exposed. Called them again and have to wait 3-4 weeks for repair. I had my last couch and love seat 15 years without issues that was not bought from them. This is the WORST furniture I have ever bought. Will Never buy anything from them again. Very cheaply made furniture.

Original review: July 7, 2018

I recently purchased 6 Baxenburg chairs from Ashley online store. Little did I know that after doing more searching for a bar stool chair, I found the same Baxenburg chairs by Ashley on Amazon.com with a price of 71.99 for 2 chairs when I just paid 65 dollars per chair on Ashley online site. Needless to say I am furious. I have already put the chairs together or I would have sent them right back, but now I am stuck with them. Chairs that if I had only looked a little harder I could have bought at half of what I paid at Ashley.com for the exact same chair at Amazon.com. This is the biggest ripoff I have ever seen, just because Ashley can mark up their products because they are a major furniture store. I will not ever buy a thing from your Ashley Furniture store again. Thieves!!!

Original review: July 6, 2018

The content to follow is the emails I have sent to Ashley Furniture Store explaining the issues. On 28th March 2018 my furniture was delivered. The furniture was a Urbanology bed, dresser and mirror. As soon as the furniture was built by your employees, both me and my partner checked for any marks, scratches etc. On the dresser there are white marks on the front of the drawers and other marks. Please see attached pictures as proof. We were told by the delivery staff who built the furniture that the issues we had were supposed to be there. Within the hour, I went to my local Ashley Furniture store at 3047 Clarence Ave S, Saskatoon to discuss the issues I had. We were told that someone would be in contact within 48 hours to discuss the problem and organize a call out. When we signed the contract and bought the furniture, it was emphasized that any issues with the furniture would be dealt with within 48 hours.

When the bed was delivered we seen that there was no spring box to come with the bed. We were told we would get one included with our purchase free of charge. We ordered the Ashley Brand power bed. But it was agreed that we would get a spring box until we could pay off the power bed. When we mentioned the box not being delivered we raised the issue in store. It seemed as though this was forgotten about when deal was discussed. So on this visit to the store, after discussing with your employees, they gave us the option of paying $399 upfront but then the money would be refunded and that they would wave the price of the product.

After this visit to the store we felt happy with our purchase. However, a week later we had still not heard anything from anyone about our faulty furniture. Another trip to the store, no one seemed to understand what was going out with the finance. After speaking to a number of staff members and customer service, we were told we would be contacted the next day regarding this. No refund was given after being promised that it would be! We were promised yet again by customer service that someone would contact us regarding the furniture. We were also told that our furniture had gone into clearance so our balance had reduced. However, yet again, staff didn't know what was going on.

On the 2nd April 2018 we received a phone call from the maintenance team about the furniture. They told my partner that they needed to discuss it with the store first and will call back. Another week passed we returned to the store to discuss yet again our faulty furniture. After a long conversation with customer service, we were then told that a mistake had been made and we were unable to add the box springs to our finance as there was no room and the refund was unable to be given. As we did not want to pay the $399 for the box that we would not need after the power bed has been delivered, we were instructed to return the boxes ourselves. We did so and the money was then refunded to our account.

The store had not had any communication with the maintenance team regarding our furniture. My partner received a phone call on the 10th April, to organize someone to sort the issues with the furniture. He explained that we have photos. They did not want the photos. The next available slot was April 30th. We also have issues with the bed. However, the lack of customer service given, I felt it was best to deal with the issues direct with you. As the weeks have gone on, we have found issues with the bed. We are unsure if these were here when the bed arrived or if it is worsening as time goes on. Like I said we have only had the bed for 4 weeks. Please see attached photos as proof.

Events below follow the 24th April 2018. I received a phone call from a staff member at Ashley's call center to discuss the complaint. As I explained to your head office and the store this women was so rude, she wasn't listening to what I was saying, she repeatedly said 'When given documentation it would makes sense to read it'. I ended up hanging up on Crystal (the staff member) as this is not the customer service I would feel is acceptable.

After this phone call, I went to the store and they advised I spoke to head office as they were refusing to do anything about the damaged products. I spoke to a man from Head Office about our issues. We were offered a deduction of $120 to keep the damaged products or for it to be fixed. I was unhappy with both of these offers. I explained to Head Office I wanted the furniture removed from my property and the finance cancelled, apparently they were unable to offer this. After an hour on the phone I was offered an exchange.

I then went to the store to explain the situation. They came to me with a price of the furniture. We were told that as this is new product the policies are the same as a new product. As this is a new product which we should of been given at the beginning. However, after a phone call regarding the new furniture being delivered I was told that these policies would not cover the furniture. Why would I want the furniture from Ashley when I could have all these issues again?

At the beginning of all this when we first went in to the store to choose furniture, we were offered a plan by the store. As my partner was only accepted for $2000.00 by Fairstone for finance, we were told and it was agreed by both ** (Sales Representative) and the ** (Sales Manager) that they would reserve our order but the products that the finance did not cover. They explained we could pay as much or as little as we wanted off the order and then they would deliver the items. As though it was a store payment plan. As we thought that this was a legitimate and regular thing that the store did for customers, we agreed.

However, my partner started receiving calls and voicemails from the store a number of times a week demanding payments and if we didn't make a payment then things would be taken further E.G debt collection agencies. This was excess stress that was not needed. When speaking to the store about this, all was denied. They said that we have not been receiving these calls and that we should not be.

This has been brought to my attention that this in store payment plan is in your policies and the staff members have offered this to make a sale. So they can gain more sales and the commission. So not only have your employees done this, they have also sent us clearance items without following the policies and procedures put in place by Ashley Furniture Store. That customers are to be told that the items are clearance, they are to view the furniture and then sign to say they are happy with the products they are receiving. This has not only happened to me and my partner, but has happened to another family I know. Surely this is just unacceptable?

I have made 2 payments: $66.52 on 28th February and $356.69 on 4th May 2018. Due to all these issues from Ashley Furniture Store I would like to cancel the full order, I want the a full refund, the old furniture removed from my property and the finance cancelled. I refuse to give my money to a company that have made something so simple as buying furniture a living nightmare. It is one thing after another and I want to put an end to all of this.

Original review: July 6, 2018

I purchased two bedroom sets. Bought the extended warranties for both which was $399 each. Then the ball bearings fell out within the first year. They came to fix it. No problem. The extended warranty when I called back half a year later after that first year they said that it wasn't covered. Only nicks and scratches. So I paid $800 to get nicks and scratches out of furniture. Do not do it.

Original review: July 5, 2018

We purchased a dining room set as well as some other furnishing for our home in Sept 2017 and purchased an extended warranty. Before Dec. the dining table top started to peel. I called and they said that before they would replace it, they would have to try to fix it. They took it and refinished it. I told them my concern was that it was going to peel again and they assured me that if it did peel again, they would replace it. WELL, needless to say, it peeled again after less than a month. I called 3 times and left a message for them to call me back.1st time I was on hold for over 30 minutes after being transferred to the service dept, no one ever picked up the phone. 2nd call, I was hung up on. 3rd time I got the answering service and demanded to get a callback so we could resolve the problem, that was over a week ago and NO ONE CALLED ME BACK. I will never recommend buying anything from this store.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Went in to purchase a recliner and sofa. The salesperson and manager offered 20% to bundle them together. When writing the ticket, the salesperson referred to the prices as “internet price.” When we left, we checked out the price on the Ashley website, which was actually $50 less than what we got in store. We canceled the order within 48 hours, per their refund policy. The next day we got a delivery confirmation call and email, where I replied that we had already canceled the order and not to deliver it to us. My credit card was then charged for the total amount, even though it was stated that it wouldn’t be charged until the furniture was delivered.

Then on the scheduled delivery day, Ashley showed up, even though we had already canceled the order. So we sent them away and called Ashley customer support again. They said there were no notes of us canceling, but they would get it canceled, only after the furniture gets back to the warehouse the next day. I will now have to wait at least 5 more days for my refund on an order that I canceled in accordance their policy. We’ll see if I actually get my money back next week.

Original review: July 4, 2018

Store employees were snotty on the phone, and very disconnected at the store. Still ordered the bed because we loved it. But when it was delivered a week ago the kids setting it up had no idea what they were doing and were missing pieces. They were even asking another delivery company that was there if that had pieces or knew how to set up the bed! Now we are a week after delivery and I am still waiting for the parts to come in!!! I have called several times, with the, "We will get back to your solution." Meanwhile, we cannot sleep in our bed! In addition, they had a rug hanging I wanted to buy but there was no price. The salesperson was going to check the price and call me. Of course they never did and I had to call them. Will never buy from them again!

Original review: July 3, 2018

I ordered a girl bedroom and paid for it on May 04, 2018. On May 29, 2018 I received a different product than the one ordered, I went to the store to complain the same day and I had them to print out paperwork for the next delivery. On June 30, 2018 I received 2 drawers and a dresser... rest of the items promised on August 30, 2018... I went to the store and complained. I have the print out (Delivery date 06/30/2018- was not an estimate) that shows all the items ordered... but the order was incomplete. My daughter will start going to school in the beginning of August and I need her room done by then. This is breach of contract!!! I want someone to pick up the items from my house before I contact a lawyer and contact the media.

Ashley Furniture Company Information

Arcadia
    WI
    1945
    www.ashleyfurniture.com

Want to know more?
    You look like a savvy shopperWant to know more?

Make purchase decisions like an expert.

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business