3.6/5 (2105 ratings)

About Ashley Furniture

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

Pros

• Price matching
  • Large variety
  • Affordable
  • Room Builder tool

Cons

• Short return period
  • Pay for assembly

Bottom Line

Ashley Furniture sells affordable furniture available in varying colors, styles and materials. Consumers like its price-matching program, discounts and variety.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?
How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Resolution response: Aug. 5, 2022

The issue has now been taken care of.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I ordered a 2500.00 Dining room set. A chair came broken. I reached out to customer service, no help, they made get photos and so on. Then told me, "Oh I can't help you, you are in the wrong service area." Even though they had my address and we spoke about it. Then gave me a number to call, but informed me that if the chair can be fixed it would just be fixed. The leg is broken. I have no words to explain the disappointment for the about money I spent and the customer service I received.

Original review: Aug. 4, 2022

I purchased a sectional and from the beginning everything went wrong. The legs was crack, the back was not done and they blame that everything has to be because of Covid. You can see my picture and see it for yourself. I’m still fighting with them to take this sectional away. Material very cheap and no good quality made. Someone in customer service told me to go and get a life. Very rude person.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2022

Poor quality for a very expensive product. For the 3rd time I purchase living room set with separate recliner and the leather which I think was vinyl started to fall apart within little over year. I very much was specific on what type of leather I wanted to purchase but like they lied before I had same results as before. I wish I could post some pictures so you can see. Very frustrating. But it will be last time I ever put foot on Ashley store to look for anything.

Original review: July 31, 2022

We purchased a sofa in Jan 2020, 3 months later the frame broke in 2 spots. Due to COVID it took them months to come to "repair" it. They also tried to force me to use the warranty that was pushed on us to buy! (We were told it would cover EVERYTHING, We felt pressured and we were assured it would replace or refund any of the sofa if we were not happy with any thing in the 5 years.) I then had to argue with Ashley's and said it is within the first year so I will not go thru the ins policy. They argued and I finally got them to send someone! It was prob 4-5 months AFTER we called about the frame. So right off the bat we had a sofa we couldn't use for at least 6 months!

The tech came and "repaired" it. However he also left us a bag of the fabric used on the sofa saying we would prob need it (I still have the bag). Well within another year the frame broke again and the entire sofa is falling apart at the seams (every part of sofa) and the Ottoman is so broken that there is a hard piece of wood on it (hard to explain but there is no support just wood). It's actually dangerous. We filed the claims and Montage (which took forever as they kept asking for the same pics and kept saying they would get back to us and never would) we actually called weekly and asked for managers who promised they would call back and never did!

Finally they said it's wear and tear and they will not cover any of it! They only offered a replacement for the ottoman (saying they have no idea when they could get it to us) or less than half of what we paid because I stated it was dangerous! The rest they said is wear and tear and we need to fight with the manufacturer. First off we were sold that policy stating it covers everything and no way is a two year old couch that already broke 2 times and now is falling apart at the seams everywhere "wear and tear" and in researching the insurance company and Ashley, we now know that is all they do to everyone!

I then went to Ashley's direct and complained and was given a case number. They then sent me right back to the insurance company saying they would help me! They didn't, I knew they wouldn't. All that happens is it goes back and forth and no one helps. Now I have a sofa I can't use. It's so broken and I had to purchase a new one from a different store.

Original review: July 30, 2022

Furnished my entire Nevada house w/ Ashley Furniture a few years ago, including a cloth sectional. I fell in love with the sectional but I have always had leather so I was extremely hesitant to purchase cloth. The salesperson convinced me I should go with what I love and assured me their warranty company, ProtectAll, would repair or replace the sectional if anything happened.

I have now been trying for over a year to get a replacement cushion using the Protectall warranty. First, they stated they had no record of my having purchased the sectional as part of the warranty. Went to Ashley and got an itemized invoice and sent it to them. They then took months to get someone out to assess the sectional. It then took weeks for them to reply that the sectional would need a replacement cushion and that it had been approved and I could expect to receive it in 4-6 weeks. That was 4 months ago. Every time I reach out to Protectall regarding the replacement cushion, they state that they are experiencing delays.

I contacted the Ashley store where I purchased an entire house of furniture and the representative stated they have been getting a lot of complaints about Protectall and that they're not responsive. I am hesitant to shop at Ashley ever again after this experience. I went with Protectall because it is a warranty company they highly recommended and sold me and now I am stuck with a sofa with a damaged cushion that I had planned to sell or donate prior to relocating. The movers are coming in 4 days....

Original review: July 26, 2022

Buyers beware when purchasing pillows at Ashley. I purchased 2 pillows last Wed (July 15/22) and these pillows are terrible. The pillows create a lot of neck pain and very uncomfortable. Pillows were $89.99 each. These pillows, once purchase cannot be exchange or refunded at store. I purchased 2 of these pillows last week and unfortunately for me, I am stuck with them because the store CANNOT ABSORB THE LOSS OF THIS PURCHASE. As a loyal customer in the past, I will NEVER support their business going forward. Their reasons why they cannot exchange pillows is pathetic, every store has experience Covid and still have a return policy no matter what the item is. Shame on this store and their policy guidelines to pillow exchanges, losing a customer over such a small amount of money ...Is it worth it...Will this make them richer??

Original review: July 23, 2022

If you want poor customer service and a hassle to get a refund, this is your place to shop. We purchased a love seat from the Melbourne, Florida store in January, 2022. It was delivered as expected but after a few days we realized it was defective (not as firm as the one on display in the store). We called Customer Care which resulted in being number 78 in the on-hold queue. You have the option of having them call you back which they did an hour or so later but we were told that the product could not be returned because it was more than X days from delivery. We called again and this time was number 400+ in the on-hold queue. They returned our call and scheduled an inspection.

The Ashley inspector arrived on-time and found the loveseat to be defective, took photos, etc. He said he would note our desire to have the unit returned for a refund and we would be contacted within 72 hours. That didn't happen. Yet another call to Customer Care resulting in number several hundred in the on-hold queue. They called us a couple of hours later and said the only option was a replacement or in-store credit and the Inspector had no say in that the unit could be returned for refund. We stated would we would decide and call back.

Another call to Customer Care (same scenario of number ** on-hold and call back) but this time was told the unit could be returned for either an in-store credit or refund. We elected refund and was told that it would take two billing cycles before the credit would appear. The unit was picked up as scheduled in March. Two billing cycles later, no refund. Call again to Customer Care (similar on-hold times and call back. We never spoke to a Rep when we initiated the call; only after we requested a call back). We were told a 'case' was opened that would be sent to the store for processing and the store would then contact financing for the refund. No results. Still no refund.

In June, I contested the charge in writing to the Ashley credit card company, Synchrony and sent a copy to the Melbourne store with attention to the Finance Department. I also filed a complaint with the Florida State's Attorney General Office. I promptly received a response from the AG office that they were requesting Ashley to respond to them. A refund was posted late June.

We also ordered a matching ottoman the same day as the loveseat. We canceled the order in February and confirmed the cancellation in March during one of the several calls above to Customer Care. We made a deposit on the ottoman at the time of order. We are still waiting for that refund and a letter is headed to the store about this.

Bottom line:
- Good luck on quickly speaking to a Customer Care representative.
- You are told different things depending on which agent you speak with.
- Calls to the local store's number results in being connected to Customer Care (i.e. long on-hold queue) so it appears to be impossible to actually speak to anyone in the store.

- Getting refund requires many calls, letters and perhaps formal complaints with your State's Consumer Protection Agency.

Original review: July 22, 2022

On May 21, 2022, we purchased bedroom furniture for our master bedroom. When the furniture was delivered on July 7th, the headboard and siderails were returned items and not in an original box. Since the headboard did not have any damage we were okay with accepting the furniture. We were not contacted before delivery to let us know the item was a return and given the option to either accept it or not. The delivery service could not finish bringing the furniture into the house and assemble it because one of the men threw his back out while bringing in the first piece. I was asked if it was okay to put the furniture in our garage, that way they did not have to send another delivery truck and could just send a couple guys with the necessary tools.

In an effort to move this process along and not have to wait to be put back in the delivery cycle I agreed. The following day we called to see when we could expect someone and was told that they would not be able to get to us for a few days. Since that was not acceptable to us, we ended up getting the furniture in and assembling it ourselves. When we started to assemble the bed, we found that the siderails were not the correct ones for our headboard and storage footboard, there was no hardware included to assemble and the slats for the mattress support was not included. No one from the store where we purchased the furniture has ever accepted any kind of responsibility and have insinuated that this was our fault or the fault of the third-party delivery company.

We have contacted the customer service 866 number, while they have been as helpful as they can be, they have informed us that they only deal with online orders. One customer service representative did help us place a replacement order for the missing and correct siderails. The representative I spoke with today was able to contact the parts department and was informed that our missing parts order was scheduled for delivery in early September. While we have been happy with the quality of the furniture, the customer service after the purchase has been very bad. The only future purchases I will make from Ashley will be items I can take home with me at the time of purchase.

Original review: July 22, 2022

Delivery of furniture took two months and delivery is again scheduled for today... I sure hope it shows up. We kept being told that delivery would be in about two weeks and then it got extended again and again for additional two week delivery periods. As if that wasn't bad enough, they didn't bother to keep us updated on the delivery status and they kept telling us that they couldn't find the order in their computer system. We still have more furniture that we need to buy, but we certainly won't buy it at Ashley's. After the fact I read the reviews on this store and wish I had read them before we bought. There were many poor reviews including their delayed delivery.

Original review: July 20, 2022

I bought online a TV stand. I needed to return it as It ended up not working for my space. After speaking (chat on website, corporate number online is fake) with five different people, I finally was told I had to ship it at my cost to the Warehouse in Utah. I racked it and it was delivered on 07/05/2022. Which cost me $140.00.

I chatted on 07/14/2022 for refund status and after 45 min of back and forth I was told it takes 10-15 days for refund. It was confirmed by the rep on printed transcript that refund would be in account 07/19 by end of business day. Today is the 20th and after another 45 min chat I did get my refund.

Keep in mind I bought this back in April. That is the run around I got from this company. Be aware! Furniture is not great of quality. Go to Macy's.

Original review: July 16, 2022

Went in on a Saturday and knew exactly which mattress I wanted. Took the Sales rep 30 min to verify that it was in stock at the warehouse, so I went ahead and ordered it. Got charged $69 for shipping even though on the website they advertise free shipping, but that's kind of besides the point here. Anyways, paid for the mattress and shipping and have a confirmed delivery date the upcoming Wednesday. I arranged to take off from work so I could be home and receive the Mattress. That very next Monday I get a phone call that the Mattress is not in stock and it would take an extra two weeks to get! Asked for a refund over the phone and the guy actually tried selling me a different mattress, more money and a different comfort level that I desired.

I arrived at the store to get my refund and cancel my order, however, they said the phone call was a mistake and my Mattress would arrive the following Saturday. So, again, I get a confirmation email and text about my delivery and time frame which it should arrive. Friday, the day before I'm expecting delivery, I get a phone call saying they don't have my mattress! Ordered cancelled! Horrible Experience for a first time customer and all they did was lie to me. Never going back.

Original review: July 12, 2022

I purchased recliner sofa in 3550 including all price and now in just 12 hrs after delivery price on Amazon 2850. Same product, same design, Talked with customer care and they told they are not matching price as delivered, Disgusting experience with this Store, Tomorrow have to go to see store manager at Ashley Woodbridge NJ, let see what they are doing,

Original review: July 8, 2022

I had a bad experience with this company a few years back and decided to give them a second chance. My nightstand was delivered damaged and I’ve reached out for two weeks now to either exchange or refund the item. The representative all say the same thing someone will contact me and leave me on hold when I ask to speak to a manager until the call eventually disconnect. If or whenever this issue is resolved I will be cutting up my charge card and will never shop with this company again!!!

Original review: July 8, 2022

Very slow delivery. We have ordered several items costing us around $10,000 since 5/14. Today is 7/8, but we received only three items. We are still missing 6-7 items. We went to speak with store manager twice. The only thing he did was blaming to the factory. Now we want to cancel on the items we have not received. The manager told us to pay 10% cancellation fees. That is really **. He is not responsible at all. I wouldn’t recommend this location. Bad service after sale. Very slow delivery and very disappointed!!

Original review: July 7, 2022

Ashley Furniture advised me that if I purchased a product, they would contact me before delivery to schedule a date and time. This was critical because I was not scheduled to move into address for another month. Then, I received an email saying the item I bought was being delivered that very same day. I tried to stop the delivery because I won't be living there for another month. I was just notified that the item was delivered at some delivery lockers in my new complex. It will sit there for over a month and will likely be vandalized or stolen. I begged Ashley Furniture reps for hours to help me. They couldn't stop the delivery. They assured me I would be contacted to schedule delivery. They did nothing. I will never buy anything from this horribly managed company again. I'm sick to my stomach realizing that I probably lost over $200 due to this company's lack of initiative to solve a problem they created.

Original review: July 4, 2022

Went to the Lynnwood store, everything was checked to be in stock then scheduled delivery. Day before expected delivery found that delivery was rescheduled for the following week because items were not in the warehouse. Spent 2 hours on the phone. Got confirmation delivery would happen 2 days later and items were in the warehouse. 2 days later found delivery was rescheduled for the following week. Requested full refund. Seems this company doesn't care once they get your money. Will not buy from this store or any Ashley product regardless of seller.

Original review: July 3, 2022

I bought bedroom set and dining room set. Bedroom set has never been used. Bed and dresser has cracks. Called to customer service. They said nothing will be done since it has been more than 6 months since delivery. Spoke to manager at store. Manager stated item has manufacturer's warranty and if manufacturer will do nothing, they cannot do anything.

Original review: July 2, 2022

I placed an order for a bed. 4 times the wrong one was shipped and I did not accept delivery. After the 4th time I cancelled the order because I was told we might not get the right mattered ever. I have yet to be refunded 970.00. I repeatedly asked the sales person and manager. I was sent a screenshot of someone’s computer showing the refund was approved but nothing was ever processed. I checked multiple times with my back and was told multiple times by the store it would “take time” for my bank to process. This was over a year ago.

Original review: June 29, 2022

I would give a minus 1 review if I could. I bought a Purple Mattress from Ashley Online less than 30 days ago, in this time my back is killing me and the side of the bed is broken down already. In 30 days this should not be happening. I reached out for a refund/return and I am told there is no refund once the product is opened and used. This is not a way to treat your customers and to have faulty products. I have been told multiple times they will not help me. So now I am stuck with a $1200 Mattress that is a POS. I am never gonna purchase from Ashley again and I am blowing up negative reviews everywhere. Their customer service is **!!!

Original review: June 26, 2022

I purchased a bed set. Finally I get the delivery 6 months later. I wasted the whole day waiting the delivery. And the guys dropped my stuff somewhere else. When I called CS the lady says the delivery is done.

Original review: June 24, 2022

We purchased a bedroom suite from Ashley Furniture the end of February. We were told at the time that it would be delivered in 3 weeks. We figured that would not happen and it would be a little longer. However, it has now been 4 months!!! I get monthly "thank you for your patience" texts which mean nothing. They offered to deliver what they have (I am guessing floor models of some of the pieces we ordered). I told them no because I figured they would deliver some pieces and then "oops, it has been discontinued!" email would follow. So, we are still waiting for the furniture. They said I could cancel but they would charge me a 10% cancellation fee for them not being able to deliver furniture. Buyer beware!! They will say anything to get your money and then you are left out to wait and wait and wait. I will never buy from ashley furniture again!! Bait and switch. They out and out lied!!!

Original review: June 23, 2022

We went to Ashley Furniture in Covington on Memorial Day to shop for furniture. We had relocated and our stuff is not here yet. We are living in an empty house. We explained that to our sales person who was standing next to a pylon that said "IN STOCK". She proceeded to sell us an "IN STOCK" sectional and a mattress that has the lifting mechanism for the base. We were told the mattress was "IN STOCK", but the base would have to be ordered. We were promised a delivery date of June 2nd.

We are quite certain that the sales person used the "IN STOCK", and the promise of the "white glove delivery and assembly service" to make the sale, knowing full well that we were not going to get our merchandise when promised. My husband called the store to talk to the sales person, and was referred to somebody else who was quite rude with him. He was told we might be able to get the furniture on the 17th. This last week he contacted the store again, and was told that the furniture was in the warehouse, but they were not going to be able to bring it out until the 3rd week in July. During this time his truck had arrived, so he asked if he could go to the warehouse and pick it up. He was told yes he could.

He contacted the warehouse yesterday to confirm that our product was indeed in the warehouse and ready for pick up. He was assured that it was there and ready to go. He took the day off from work, and we headed to the warehouse in Gonzales where the furniture was allegedly housed and ready for pick up. It took 2 1/2 hours to drive to Gonzales. When we arrived at Gonzales, we were told that the furniture might be on the trucks that were going to be unloaded that day, but there was no way of knowing for sure. The lady was nice enough, and said she would call my husband and we could come back and get it.

I am not sure if it is just this store that operates with no integrity, or if Ashley furniture has just gone down the tubes and they all just lie to make the sale. We purchased furniture from Ashley 20 years ago, a whole house full which we just sold before we moved. It was great furniture, the owners were the best, and we were extremely happy with it. It is too bad to see that this brand name has just gone in the toilet. We do not recommend you do business with these people unless you want to be lied to on so many different levels. I cannot speak to the quality of the furniture, as we have not seen it yet. We would have made a different buying choice had we been told the truth from the beginning.

Original review: June 20, 2022

I bought a set back in January. Delivered late May. Chairs came damaged. They refuse to exchange or refund it! Only a repair can be done! Why should I accept this? For that I would buy second hand furniture... they even refuse to pass my call to the manager. They said they got in contact with them and that the "manager" said it's their policy.

Original review: June 19, 2022

Aahley Furniture, carle place have cheated us. We paid in full for sofa bed, 2 accent tables, 2 cushions, 2 chairs, delivery stated for 18th june. When the delivery came, only sofa bed & bed were delivered. The bed panel was broken & others bent. It took hours to contact the store manager who told us they were not in stock & the sales person Mike didn't work for the company anymore. We had a housewarming party with guests & were left stranded. It has been 24hrs, no refund or solution so far. We will take legal action. How can you charge for goods if you don't have them in stock. The invoice also clearly mentions a full refund of goods are not delivered on the date. They never informed us of incomplete delivery. The manager keeps calling to say he is trying but it's clearly not working. We have no choice but to take legal action. We are cheated. The broken bed has to either be replaced or returned but Ashley are not answering.

Original review: June 17, 2022

The sales Lady was very good. The sofa on the shop floor was what I wanted. What happened after was extremely unacceptable. The sectional sofa and Ottoman was delivered. One section was wrong as it faced the opposite way. This was sent back and a new one delivered a few weeks later. The new sectional sofa does not fit flush and a technician came out to fix it with no luck. Not a massive issue. My main issue was the Ottoman which overhung on each side of it by about an inch. I said to the delivery driver that I didn’t want to accept it as it looks terrible and didn’t fit. He said, "Don’t worry, list all your issues within 48 hours and they will be sorted." They sent a new a technician to fix the issue. He came with a new covering and fitted it. As the issue was the unit itself being too big there was no change in the massive overhang.

After sending photos to their office they said it was within their standards. After more going back and forth they sent another technical out. The same result – you can’t fix a manufacturing default if something is too big. They said there was nothing they could do. I then complained to the Better Business Bureau and Ashley opened up the case again. This time they sent 2 technical over. They managed to fix 2 sides of the overhang but made the other 2 sides even worse. Also they made the inside of it very scrappy. They left and then I didn’t hear anything back from them. I then phoned them again and again. Then there were some exchanging of emails. The last thing they said was: “Unfortunately the only thing left would be to send someone else out to have a look. As per our Master Tech this is within standards.”

As far as he can tell the last Tech did a great job. And these unit very rarely ever line right up, there is usually a bit of an overhang. Albert Einstein quoted this: “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.” All I wasn’t was a replacement that fits or I swap it for the one on the showroom floor. How many times can a company send you circles is beyond me. I RECOMMEND NOT TO BUY FROM ANY ASHLEY STORES AND IF YOU DO, DO NOT ACCEPT DELIVERY OF AN ITEM YOU'RE NOT HAPPY WITH.

Original review: June 14, 2022

I purchased a North Shore poster bed and after going to pick it up and getting it home and unboxing the bed was damaged and parts were missing and it’s been a nightmare ever since. Over 2 weeks now and still no answer when I’m getting another bed and I have had two people in customer service hang up on me and the store manager not return my calls. I definitely thought Ashley Furniture was better than this. I am greatly disappointed!

Original review: June 14, 2022

I bought a set of bedroom furniture from Ashley on November of 2021, I received them on May of 2022, one item (chest) is damaged once they delivered. Sales person said the product is made in US, but we found the label showing it is made in Vietnam. There are strong chemical smell and I fell uncomfortable even I start to sleep in this room after two weeks of it arrival. I called the customer service and they said smell is not in their service. I do not know what to do with these furniture because I am not sure if they are safe to my health. I only tell my true experience, my deep lesson is once you buy something, please review the comments in the website then make decision, otherwise you will buy a trouble. No opportunity to return at all.

Original review: June 8, 2022

They will tell you whatever they think you need to hear to make a sale. We recently bought a table that the salesperson absolutely guaranteed would be delivered on a certain date a few weeks hence. We insisted on a guarantee because of previous purchases that were delivered much later than promised. Anyway, the date came and went with no word. After several lengthy calls in which we were given various dates, we were finally told that the item was no longer available. I don't believe we ever would have been told that had we not called. Also, earlier furniture we bought--electrically adjustable couches--stopped working twice within weeks. Now it's stopped a third time and we've been told to expect a call from a service technician that I suspect will never come. And, of course, there's no way to track our service request. I will never shop at Ashley's again. If I could give it a negative score, I would.

Original review: June 7, 2022

We bought a Bed from Ashley. We found Head Board was damaged inside the package. The headboard and footboard were different models WITH MISSING PARTS. Upon contacting Ashley, we were told No Exchange or Return because of their terms and Conditions.

Original review: June 7, 2022

This place ran my credit with 6 different credit companies, came back and said that I was approved for $5,000. She said we would only have to put down like $50. My husband put down $255 and then came back and said we had to pay for the night stand - $500. The sales lady did not even come back to work the next day because she knew that she was wrong. The manager called and we went in and cancelled the order altogether and she said we would be refunded within 2-3 business days. This was 3 MONTHS AGO - We are going up there and not leaving with our money. This is the WORST service and company I have EVER done business with. The girl screwed my credit, I have people from these credit companies telling me we owe them money.

WE CANCELLED THE WHOLE ORDER. Oh, AND we were in the store for 4 hours. We were trying to give the girl the benefit of the doubt. The manager won't return my calls or texts. I am so angry. The information for my e-mail address and for my home address was not even correct in the system. This was a complete scam. If I could give them ZERO stars I would. CRAP SERVICE and THIEVES.

Ashley Furniture Company Information