1.21/5
  • 1 star
Show rating distribution
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

Ashley Furniture

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Oct. 17, 2017

2062 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Aug. 18, 2017

All accessories are Final Sale? As a Consumer, when Ashley promised a delivery and it did not show up I wanted to cancel the order, they said no, all sales final. I then requested they at least communicate the delivery time to me. It has always been my understanding that federal law gives consumers the right to return an item within 15 days. Ashley rep stated this is not true, that I signed their policy at check out. The sales agent was at large. The manager Alex in the Pineville, NC store was so curt and abrasive on the phone it angered me.

Update - 3 days after I was vehemently told it would be delivered to us and a UPS tracking number would be communicated I called the distribution center at ** and spoke with a representative about the missed delivery. The rep stated it was cancelled from being delivered from UPS truck the day before--Where is the communication--luckily I made that call! I now have to pick it up at the distribution center myself. No biggie right? Wrong, looks like I picked the wrong company!!

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

What a rip off. Bought a new Ashley couch 3590157 at Rabel Furniture in Dickson City. Got it delivered to the house on Thursday, sat on night Thursday night and after about an hour my butt was on fire. Even with a blanket on it, is still quite uncomfortable. Called the Dealer the next day and the comment was comfort is not covered by warranty. Called Ashley Furniture and same thing. What dumb ass lawyer came up with that idea. What the hell is a couch for. Anyway neither could offer a remedy or let me return it. As they say, Caveat Emptor. Make sure you check the warranties before buying anything from anyone. Next time I think I found a couch, I'm going to camp on it for a few hours and order coffee and finger sandwiches to see if it is comfortable.

Original review: Aug. 17, 2017

Ashley Furniture was the furniture store I always used to buy new furniture. My most recent experience was terrible. I purchased a new dining room set and a living room suite. They offered a Guardsman protection plan with the purchase. The sales person guaranteed the Guardsman protection plan would cover all damages. I had to use their warranty after only having the furniture for 4 months. The chairs started to wobbled and one of them split at the bracing. My reclining love seat started to pull away at the seam.

The service department took several months to repair. The customer service person was rude. Now, my dining room table is chipped and the paint is peeling. The Guardsman protection plan will not cover the problems despite the assurance that it covered everything. Now the manager of Ashley was quite rude, talking over me and assured me her salesperson would 'never say that or they would be fired'. I will not make the mistake again and purchase from Ashley.

Original review: Aug. 16, 2017

I purchased a mattress. It was sunk in the middle, made exchange but the second one is just as bad they claim. It's a gel mattress. Feel like it's loaded with dust mites. I called was told it was the gel. This one also sunk in the middle. Never will buy or recommend anyone to shop there. They claim their merchandise is made somewhere else and sent to a warehouse here in St. Louis MO.

Original review: Aug. 15, 2017

The salesman was great but as far as the manager Curtis was awful. The 3rd party stole our planter and container. We noticed within two minutes. We called to complain, I was treated like I was the one the committed the crime. He went off on me and said why would they hurt losing their jobs for 50, or 75 or even $500 00. He another one that I tried to talk was Briana, they made feel like I was lying, they also broke my light and did not say a word, I am still waiting to get the money for that. I was told that the delivery people said they never touched the stand with the planter then they said they moved it. They are thieves and liars. Curtis mailed us a $100.00 gift which I did not ask for or expected and we still have not used it, they are awful the way made me feel. We are the victims not the thieves. I will never ever go to Ashley’s again.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

All Lies In Phillipsburg, New Jersey. In one transaction, I have been screwed by this store 4 times (so far). Wanted an adjustable bed with a memory setting (other than flat). Bed I was shown had neck-head-feet adjustability with 2 memory settings and massage. Wasn't interested in massage, only the memory setting. (1) Was told I could still get the memory setting without massage. I even asked at least a half-dozen times that she was sure that was correct. That was a lie (and was sold a completely different model). (2) Was told that the price of the bed (they sold me) was $899 and, with a $100 off "in-store coupon", would be $799. Turns out the actual cost of the bed is $999 with advertised sale price of $749.25.

When I returned to the store to complain that they sold me a different bed that doesn't have the only feature I asked for, the manager said she could not just "give" me the correct model as the difference wasn't even their cost and asked if I would split the difference of the increase in price. (3) Not only was the price I wound up paying near the advertised sale price (so not even near their cost), (4) it was actually $12.25 HIGHER than the advertised sale price. The first question I asked before even looking, and at least a dozen times until I left the store, is that there was no question that they would remove my mattress - AND - box spring.

Expecting that to be a lie, too. Also wondering if I am going to get screwed on the extended warranty they sold me. Was told I could buy any frame and mattress I wanted, yet product description on website warns "purchasing mattress and foundation from two different brands may void warranty", yet they still sold me this extended warranty.

Original review: Aug. 13, 2017

Short version: Majority of local personnel have been great to work with but Corporate Ashley is NOT great to work with. NOTE: When you purchase product(s) from Ashley, you have 48 hours to get your money back, after that it's store credit only. We didn't read the fine print... So bought furniture, it was delivered over one week later, didn't work for us, so we're stuck with store credit, exchanging subpar, cheap furniture for subpar, cheap furniture. Now we are stuck with a subpar, cheap sofa and loveseat. Bought the extended "Montage" warranty, which if not used in 5 years one gets store credit... Whooptie doo.

Final furniture we are keeping is the Walworth power love seat and sofa set. Although they are very comfy, they are cheaply made and likely won't last a couple of years. Also, note on of the pics, they don't even bother hiding the frame, visible around the bottom, which is an eyesore and makes it look even cheaper/junky. Both came with ill-fitting hardware, so the removable backs will not line up. One reclining device came damaged "Due to shipping, and if we exchange for another sofa, it will likely have the same damage because they ship them on their sides."

Both sofa and loveseat can be exchanged for another new set, but since this is our 3rd set of furniture to try out, we give up and are counting our losses. Negotiated an extra 10% off our bottom line and that's the best deal we could get from them. They'll repair the damaged hardware as part of the manufacturer warranty. Bottom line and buyer beware... Caution if considering buying from ASHLEY unless you are ok being stuck with junk for a lot of money. Wish we would've researched further before purchasing from them. Next time, we'll buy from Costco... At least they have a great warranty and one can get cash back if not satisfied.

Resolution response: Aug. 12, 2017

Finally after the third attempt the furniture was delivered. Because we never heard back from supervisors after the second no show delivery (we drove 2 hours each way to the delivery site), I still maintain Ashley Furniture is horrible to deal with and will never shop there again. Their rating and numerous complaints regarding their service is an indication of their commitment to customer care.

Original review: Aug. 9, 2017

I went to Ashley Furniture in Fairfield NJ with my daughter to purchase furniture for her apartment. They sell good furniture for the price and they were more than happy to sell us furniture. Delivery and customer service on the other hand has been horrendous. The store told us we could get delivery in the morning (they set the wrong expectation) and when we received the time frame from their distribution center, we tried to tell them we were told otherwise and were met with "furniture is already on the truck and you will be charged for delivery if you're not at the site. I tried calling the store hoping the manager there could help me out but manager Spiro could not be bothered to return any of the 2 calls. So we drove 2 hours to delivery site and they didn't deliver within their 4 hour window and because it was my daughter’s birthday she couldn't wait around till 8 pm.

Since then, we've been lied to, never received any promised call backs and to add insult to injury, they texted my daughter with another time frame for delivery and they didn't show up. We have the automated call they left along with the 4 hour time for delivery window they gave (this after I asked them not to contact my daughter and they needed to deal with me. Obviously, they are not capable of respecting anyone's request). They didn't show up for the second delivery and basically accused my daughter of lying about it. I still have not received a call from corporate, or the customer service supervisor for whom I left a message. Worst company to deal with!!!

Original review: Aug. 7, 2017

We bought $800 worth of furniture... Received confirmation texts for delivery, then the driver didn't show. Called the customer service number and was told he was stuck in traffic and he'd be at our house in a half hour. He didn't show. Called the store a few times... Finally got a call back. Seems the driver left our stuff at another stop on his route. Further, we never received the dishes we purchased as part of this order, so the store wrapped up the display set. We got home and found they are unusable because of felt "feet" glued to the bottom of the dishes. We've been trying to resolve this for two days and, despite our requests, we have yet to hear from a manager, the warehouse or the dispatcher. They really worked hard to get that one star rating. Maybe next year they can get it up to two stars!

Original review: Aug. 4, 2017

I purchased furniture for amount of $4500 from Ashley Furniture at 7770 Miramar Rd, San Diego, CA 92126, the sales man told me he will add extra sale amount for me for good customer service after I selected the furnitures. At the cash register he added $340 for warranty which I said I don't want it but he and his boss refused my request and said, "You have to have it," and I said I will cancel all my purchase. He said ok, so I could not buy without paying $340 warranty and even the furnitures come with 5 years warranty. I received a call from customer service to check with me about the purchase and I told them about it but never heard back from them. I liked their furnitures but not the sales man and services. I also received the furnitures, the TV stand, the shelves were missing and I told them about it. Never heard back from them. Was bad experience.

Original review: Aug. 3, 2017

Worst company to deal with to get a tax refund for shipping internationally. I purchased $15K worth of furniture one year ago, submitted my proof of shipment in person to the Ashley's store in Brooklyn and it's still (ONE YEAR LATER) fighting for this refund. I received all my refunds from other companies I made purchases from using the same bill of Laden but Ashley's is the only one giving me the runaround. If I don't call to check on the status I won't find out that additional information is needed.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

I am not writing to "yell" at any department or have any one person affected. I just feel this story should be received as high up as Ashley takes severe customer complaints. On Friday July 14th I went to Ashley in Laguna Hills, CA to look at lamp tables. The great news was that everything in the store was half off. I found a table I wanted but then started contemplating purchasing a full bedroom set because of the great deal that was going on. I found some items I liked, a bed that I loved, and knew I had to return with my husband when he was free. My husband and I came back on Sunday the 16th and after some perusing, decided on the bed I originally loved, a mattress, 2 night stands, a chase, and a dresser. The bed was a large upholstered headboard that did not have other items with it, so the other items were from a completely different bed set. I also still purchased the small lamp table I had originally set out to get.

We finally checked out spending $4300 while opening a line of credit. Delivery scheduled for Thursday the 20th - and we received the time frame of 8 am-12 noon. I was able to have my sister come to my house - and was there from 8 am until, 12. At 11:50 she let me know no one had come yet, so I called customer service. They simply told me there had been a "mixup" and they could deliver on Saturday. No courtesy call to alert me when this "mixup" had occurred so my sister wasted half her day for this. We also had deconstructed our room to make way for the new furniture and were sleeping in different beds with our clothes in multiple rooms of the house. Since I was going out of town for the weekend, Saturday was not an option.

Now my husband and I both had to get on the phone with customer service AND the actual store, getting the run around to make this right. The delivery fee was dropped and they said they would reschedule, but I never was able to get ahold of the store manager who I truly wanted to speak to. Now - more delivery scheduling, the new delivery set for Wednesday the 26th - 10 days after we made the purchase. Delivery scheduled for 11-3, and I had to rush home at 12 because I didn't receive the "we are 10 minutes away" call. My husband got a call that they were at the house, while I was 15 mins away at work. I was not going to take a day off and risk the delivery not showing up while I waste a day off work.

Get there, delivery guys there, they start unloading and I look at the bed they were planning on bringing in... Wrong bed 100%. The bed was a wooden frame with metal bolts in it, which did not even match the nightstand, chase set we had. Turns out the store salesperson had entered the wrong product numbers for the bed I was to receive. The bed I loved. After again, multiple calls to customer service and the store- which was not answering my calls or the "dispatch calling"- who'd know if she was calling or not- I had to just go to the store to try to get this situation figured out now. Thankfully the store manager was there- the same one that had been there the day we purchased. He apologized of course, no clue why the mistake had been made, and discounted us $200. But could not do anything about scheduling something that was convenient to my family except set the day.

Anyways, I requested to have the bed delivered on Sunday afternon/evening as late as possible. He said he would call and request that as well, but no guarantees. I myself called customer service about the delivery and let them know I will be out of town and only back on Sunday in the early afternoon, and due to the already multiple poor service experiences I had, to please take my request seriously. Friday morning I received the time frame for Sunday afternoon 3-7. GREAT! I was thrilled this went through. We would for sure be back from our mini trip on Sunday by 3 pm. Saturday afternoon, I receive a voicemail that the delivery was now scheduled for Sunday between 9 and 1 pm. Really? After all that?! By the time I call customer service back - closed.

I call the home store - placed a message with the worked that it was urgent and I needed to speak to the manager, Gus - she said she would let him know. He didn't call me back, and by the time I finally call the store back, "he is gone for the evening maam". Nice service Laguna Hills. Sunday morning - we were NOT going to rush back to try to catch the delivery - call us at 10am, "we're here with delivery". Talk to customer service, OF COURSE, there's nothing they can do.

Call store - manager is busy, everyone's so busy with other customers, hold hold hold... Only way to get anything done is to go BACK into the store and face to face converse. My husband went in, spoke to a manager, who then offered a gift card! By the first delivery ball drop I had decided we will never purchase from this store again, a gift card is about as valuable to me as gum under the table.

After negotiating, a $200 refund was agreed upon, while we had to again reschedule the delivery for the bed. Customer service this morning had already scheduled delivery for tomorrow, luckily in the later afternoon, but I won't hold my breath. She also thought she had to scheduled ANOTHER delivery for ANOTHER bed for me. Literally read the form to me that there were 2 headboards, 2 foot boards, etc... How on earth still!?! Yes Ashley Furniture is nice, I'm sure it is great quality. But WOW the majority of the processes and people I have interacted with felt like a train wreck. Not all - but majority. The most baffling part of the whole experience with Ashley is the delivery process. Every family is busy. Giving these 4 hour windows only 2 days in advance especially for those who work full time is preposterous and seems discriminatory to those that work.

Who can receive a shipment on a Wednesday morning from 8-12 while only finding out on Monday...? The delivery system needs a revamp. Plus we were getting a whole bedroom set delivered, not a coffee table or patio set. These are daily necessities, a bed, dresser etc. I'd imagine if there are this many "mix ups" and last minute changes in deliveries by the dispatch and store saying there is nothing they can do - is essentially false and items such as beds should be prioritized. This has been such a let down of what is supposed to be a really exciting time for my family. Not that it matters but I have never purchased furniture from a store like this before for myself because we never had the money.

I have grown up with all hand me downs, so this was a HUGE deal. I have the worst taste in my mouth from your company and cannot express my disdain for it enough. But you're darn right I was going to sit here and tell my story. This is a flashing red light that there are MULTIPLE holes in your company and how it does business.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

We bought an Ashley Furniture Mattress last year. The mattress began to sink. The coils were just no good. We made a claim and in a few days they came to make a claim. The claims person ask about the mattress tags which we showed them. It appeared that one out of four tags was missing. This tag was attached to another tag that was intact along with two other tags. The claims department states that since the tag was removed, our claim can't be honored. We never removed any tags. The mattress came in like this. Now we are fighting to get a replacement mattress because the one we have is no good. We were better off buying one at a curb store for that matter. I will never buy from Ashley Furniture again, EVER!

Original review: Aug. 2, 2017

Purchased two leather couches and was lied to by the salesperson. I was told they would come out and adjust or repair the new furniture. I called 5 days after delivery because arm on couch was loose. I have now called 7 times. There are lists they refer you to another person and never contact you. My ADVICE is don't spend a penny at this company.

Original review: July 30, 2017

I bought a coffee table a year ago and a few days into the year I noticed some white spots on the wood section of the table. Table is glass, wood and iron. Beautiful table. So I called Ashley to file a report they said call this number... They gave me the number I called, some girl told me she can't find me. I have to call Ashley again. I called back spoke to a guy this time. He was very nice. He took my information. I told him I called before and she said she can't find me, he said he will reach out to his department that researches customer info and I will hear from them in a few weeks.

Waited waited I called back Ashley asked for the manager told her what happened she said "Oh if you bought the furniture after February 3 or some date like that then you have to call Guardsman and not the new company that has now taken over warranty." Really they gave me the wrong number to call the wrong company and wasted claim time. Called Guardsman they sent me the info I filled it out sent it back. 2 weeks later they denied my claim... What the heck. The white spots are not coffee or nail polish nor did I pour water on the table, I have no friggin idea where the spots come from and they are under the varnish it seems, furniture polish don't help.

Why did I buy this warranty? You think I have money to throw away you untrained unprofessional people. I will fix my damn table my damn self I bought it cash. You can all go suck an egg and watch me take my business elsewhere. I have since bought a living room and dining room set from elsewhere. Money you lost because your quality sucks. Mass production is what you are all about. I don't play that game.

Original review: July 22, 2017

We have read in the news about dogs and babies dying while being left in hot cars. I was driving in Maumee, Ohio on Friday July 20th and was appalled to see individuals standing at every street corner holding signs for a sale at Ashley Furniture. It was over 90 degrees and they were in the hot sun with no shade. It was disgraceful. Get some signs and put them in the dirt along the curbs, or find another way! I will NEVER shop at Ashley because of this and I have lived in Toledo over 50 years.

Original review: July 21, 2017

Purchased dining room chairs on 7/10 and was given a delivery date of 7/21 and was waived delivery fee because of price match on Ashley Furniture website. I was told I would get a phone call to schedule a window time so when the delivery date rolls around I am waiting on my chairs. I called and was told that it was put in as a pickup and it would be the 28th before they would be delivered. I told them that was unacceptable and I wanted to speak to the manager. That was an ordeal in itself!! Was given numerous excuses as to why I couldn't speak to manager and after about 5 phone calls from me later I finally got to speak to him but was no better off than before.

We have always shopped at Ashley but never again! It recently went under new management and that was very apparent as soon as we walked in the door! We had to ask for help! I think you should have kept previous management because the one you have now will run your Bowling Green store into the ground and right out of business.

Original review: July 20, 2017

I am extremely pleased with the customer service I received from Ashley Furniture. I ordered an area rug in the Farmingdale, NY store on July 4th, 2017. I picked it up about a week later and as soon as I brought it home I realized I had a problem with it. I sent an email to an email address on the invoice... feedback@ashleyne.com. I received a reply the same day from Miryam ** and she called me the next day. She said she would discuss the problem with someone who may be able to help and I would hear back soon. In two days I got a call that I could return the rug to the Farmingdale store for a refund which I did that same day. What better customer service could they possibly provide? I was very pleased and I would definitely shop at Ashley again.

Original review: July 19, 2017

We ordered a couch and two chairs with ottomans on the 30th of June for delivery July 14. My husband took off work for the delivery. The day before the scheduled delivery, I called to confirm everything was on schedule and was told it was. The morning of the scheduled delivery, we received a phone call informing us that our chairs were back-ordered. I contacted customer care, and after a 4 hour run around, I was informed that they had scheduled a delivery for today, the 19th, after 5:00. I called yesterday and was told, yet again, that everything was on schedule.

As the day went on and I hadn't heard anything, I called to check the status and was told that today's date was "tentatively" scheduled as our delivery day, but that the delivery wouldn't be happening. After getting the run around again, I was then informed that our store doesn't deliver after 5:00, so they weren't sure why I was told they would. I have now been on hold with the store for almost 45 minutes while they try and "fix" the issue. I will never purchase anything from Ashley Furniture again, and advise you to spend the extra few dollars and buy from a company that cares about its customers.

Original review: July 19, 2017

I purchased my kitchen table June 28th, 2017. The table was not the problem, it was the unprofessional Ashley Furniture CONTRACTORS that delivered it and how I received passive resistance behavior from Ashley. One of the drivers damaged my door frame and didn't seem to be bothered by it. This is where it gets worst by the minute. I had to bring the damage made, to the contractors attention because they pretend nothing happened. THEN one of the drivers told me that he knows someone personally who could fix my door frame and that they will be by my home in a white truck later that evening! REALLY, you think I'm going to allow one's of your THUG friends to come to my home? This is coming from a contractor for ASHLEY FURNITURE CORPORATION!

I contacted Ashley Furniture and made them aware of what happened by one of their contracted drivers and I actually received inconsistent responses from them! I felt as if they were extremely condescending and belittling my complaint. I had to make repeated phone calls to customer service only to get a reply of, "Oh, we're sending this up to management and someone will give you a call soon." Needless to say, it's been almost a month and I STILL have not received any condolence for my troubles or complaints and my door frame remains damaged! I find it unbelievable that such a large scale furniture company could operate in such negative manner! Once this is over, I'll NEVER buy from ASHLEY FURNITURE again. Such a horrible experience!

Original review: July 18, 2017

First of all we got that leather couch that they said was leather but it's the one where they have the giant lawsuit against them because they're all peeling. Today we had a small microfiber couch delivered. It was damaged and they said, "Sorry. You signed for it. It's yours." How in the world do they stay in business?? Why aren't these people in jail??? I called the minute the delivery truck was pulling away when I realized there was a sticker stain on the front and there was absolutely no cushion in Parts where another couch was set on it. I told them, "Please send the truck back. This couch is damaged." They said, "Too bad you signed for it." WTF kind of company says that!!?? I'm absolutely livid!! I spent hours on the phone and was treated badly by every single person I just spoke with. They will never ever get my business again.

Original review: July 18, 2017
I spent 40 minutes on the phone after calling your 1 (866) 436-3393 trying to purchase two Aimwell dressers I found online on Ashleyhomefurniture.com website.

In my cart the items showed a price of $240 each. However I was being charged $300 each. I called your Online customer service representative and after spending 30 minutes on hold while the Customer service rep (Nick) spoke to his supervisor (Tracy) I was told they saw the discrepancy I was talking about but would not let me purchase it for the price stated on the screen. If you are selling an item at $240 why would I pay $300??? If your Customer service representatives agreed that the Pricing was an error, why not let me pay the price it's selling for!!! Would I throw away an extra $120 for no reason? I have purchased many items in the past but if this can't be corrected then I am done with Ashley Home furniture.

Original review: July 17, 2017

My mother bought our kitchen table set from Ashley Furniture a few years ago because our old table didn't match the color of our new home. I remember the sales person there was not the most helpful but my mother insisted that it was the best quality for the cost compared to other stores. When they delivered and assembled the table and chairs, I noticed the chairs did not look like the ones at the store. When I contacted the store, they advised me to inspect the box the product came in and the image of the chairs in the box was not the same as in the store.

So my mom went to the store and took a picture of the display and indeed they were not the same. The sales manager coaxed my mother into keeping the chairs citing they were of better quality. A few days later I had time to go myself to complain about the chairs. The sales manager told me that I was passed the exchange or return period. I walked out a very unhappy customer. So I told my mother to dispute the charge on her credit card. Nope, that didn't work because guess what...it was an Ashley credit account!

This is only half the story. Not even six months passing, the chairs started falling apart with wobbly legs that needed tightening. The table extension wouldn't stay on its latch and kept falling on our knee caps. The table stain began to blister as though water had soaked into the wood. So we are getting rid of it because it's now an eyesore in our kitchen. I highly recommend that you DON'T BUY FROM ASHLEY FURNITURE!!!

Original review: July 17, 2017

I ordered a sofa online which went smoothly. A few days later, I received 2 voicemails requesting that I contact them to confirm a delivery date. I called the same day in the evening and advised them that Thursday, 7/20 would work. The following week, Thursday 7/13 I received an email stating that my delivery is scheduled for 7/23 and if I had any questions about it to visit the store. On Saturday I went to the store and was told I had to call the same number back. Today I called and was told that I was speaking to the same person I spoke to when confirming the date and he told me that 7/23 was the only delivery date they had available. THAT IS AN OUTRIGHT LIE!!!

I asked to speak to someone else and was put on hold for over 20 mins before someone picked up. The outright lies, unbelievable! This woman tells me that maybe he mis-spoke... Really?!! I got rid of my furniture based on the date given. Now, where is my company on Saturday supposed to sit??? Pissed with Ashley right now. A shame because I had such a nice experience in the store. David was a pleasure to work with and all of his co-workers were so nice.

Original review: July 16, 2017

One star is too many. They delivered her bedroom suite after 2 weeks. She paid cash!!! Then they delivered the wrong furniture. For 2 days I was told it had not been delivered, said it had and your delivery men want it back because they gave us the wrong stuff. After 6 days on the phone long distance I told them we would pay the difference. They will not take a debit card over the phone, will not take a cashier’s check or money order through the mail. Well over 100 miles round trip to pay an extra 1033.04. Is this how they make a profit? WILL NEVER BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM AGAIN!!!

Original review: July 15, 2017

We had a negative customer experience where we purchased a floor model item and I had to return since the staffer that took it apart for transportation neglected to provide all the parts to us. Frustrating because this is not a simple around the corner trip. At the time the manager via his sales representative provided us a gift card for our troubles. Fast forward to July 14th, 2017. Go to the store to check out new couches and at least purchase a twin mattress. First the sales representative could not answer simple questions and would disappear us. Then when asking for items we saw online that matched the models on the floor they were unable to provide the same colors that were noted online. This felt like we were at a completely different store.

Then when we found a couch that we might have take or ordered we asked for a tape measure since the dimensions were not listed. I ask the sales representatives that were sitting around and they made comments such as, "I left mine at home." When asked who was helping us I said no one because the sales representative was nowhere to be seen. The front counter didn't have any tape measures because they said they disappear. Now maybe it is just me but a furniture should have several of these available. One for each employee and ten or more extras. Go to the Dollar store and buy some cheap ones to have on hand. Anyways, the lack of customer service with only assist trying to get us to purchase items or colors we didn't want and then employees that you can tell hate their job caused us to walk out. Sorry, but we are now shopping online.

Original review: July 13, 2017

Furniture was delivered with lots of nicks and damages not readily visible. Some furniture items were never delivered, and expected delivery dates were not honored. Items looked as if they had been touched up. I spend over 8,000 dollars. Everyone is very polite but no one calls back to resolve issues. My parent accepted delivery on my behalf because of my work schedule. Please go to a reputable company, spend extra money because you get what you pay for!

They have no problem taking your money but they have forgotten what customer service stands for and they do not honor their mission statement. I seldom listen to complaints but trust me this store is not worth the trouble! I paid for white glove setup. I also paid for a five year warranty and am under a manufacturer warranty. They had signs stated a bed cost was $400 USC. After review of sales receipt additional costs were incurred for rails. They immured certain items from my order but quoted me the price with the items included. The amount owed with the down payment doesn't add up. They are an unethical company. The only response I get is they are waiting to receive feedback from a supervisor. They never call me. I constantly have to call them. I have contacted the New Jersey location warehouse as well as the Central Avenue Store in Yonkers where I placed my order.

Original review: July 11, 2017

One star because they have some really cute furniture and great deals. BUT. The overall experience/customer service has been negative enough that I wouldn't consider returning. June 1st we made a large furniture purchase (couch, loveseat, chair, coffee table, end tables, lamps, bookcase, etc). We spent quite a while selecting furniture, and then -due to an archaic in-store point of sale system- another lengthy amount of time paying for the items. After payment, we were notified that we would not receive our furniture delivery until July 11th. 40 days? Ridiculous, but after all the trouble I couldn't fathom canceling the order and just walking away.

As of today (July 11th) we've received only the bookcase (which incidentally arrived 1.5 hours outside the 4 hour delivery window so TG someone was home). After calling the customer service # it seems the chair should have been delivered as well but "wasn't marked for delivery for some reason" and **ALL** of the other items have been back-ordered, to be delivered in another 5 weeks. Maybe. Possibly. If I'm lucky. Because as the unhelpful customer service representative remarked "You know, these things just change every day and there's no way to predict what will be available."

So, bottom line: while you might find something you love at Ashley and walk away thinking you scored because the damage to your wallet was less than expected, if you actually want to have the furniture IN YOUR HOUSE rather than just a photocopied invoice decorating your sad, empty rooms I'd look elsewhere. Like, literally, anywhere else.

Original review: July 11, 2017

About two years ago I purchased two sets of mattress from Ashley Furniture in Middletown. One of the mattress sunk in. I reported it to Ashley and the protection plan and they don't cover. It's just so surprising to me when you're at the store they con you to buy protection plans that cover anything and everything and once you walk out the premises your purchase has no value and their word goes down the drain. Leaving you with a debt and a poor purchase. This is the second incident I have experienced with them. The first was with a sofa cushion and had the same end result not covered. Their customer service is the worst and their furniture is poorly made. Ashley Furniture it's just for appearance not for use. I am absolutely upset with this company, they are a rip-off and so is their protection company. Should go out of business! Consumer BEWARE. They will rip you off.

Original review: July 8, 2017

There are no words to describe how horrible this place was, I spent 2200 on a bed and a chest. The headboard half of it was unfinished when delivered, had to wait over 2 weeks for a tech to look at it and tell me, "Oh it wasn't painted right," duh, so now another 2 weeks for a new one. Chest has defects yet they will not exchange. I have argued with every idiot you can think of and can't get anywhere, lost a loyal customer for years. You are by far the worst I ever dealt with.

Ashley Furniture Company Information