1.16/5
Based on 396 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture

Select stars to rate your experience
    Very dissatisfied with the experience
    Dissatisfied with the experience
    Satisfied with the experience
    Happy with the experience
    Would recommend to a friend
    Last updated: Feb. 20, 2018

2263 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:Any
    Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

At the Superstition Springs Mall Ashley store the male person in customer service was very disrespectful. He did not identify himself or greet me when I approached the counter. He mumbled, smirked and appeared not to want to listen to my comments about chairs that I’d purchased. I left him and went to another who gave me a phone number to call. Not very pleasant people!

Ashley Furniture response
    Hi, we’re sorry that you were unsatisfied with your customer service experience. Please feel free to provide feedback by emailing fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com. Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

Purchased two of the same couches May 2017. One is defective tears and structural damage. Contacted and created claims and couch has not been fixed since August. Spoke to warranty and customer care. All I want is a replacement couch.

Original review: Jan. 31, 2018

I contacted Platinum Furniture Warranty March of 2017 to report a tear in the seat cushion of my couch. I was informed that a replacement cushion will be sent to me and when I received the cushion the finish of the cushion did not match the finish on the couch that I have. I contacted the warranty company and was informed that the couch is now made with a shinier finish and they will try and contact the manufacturer to see if they can locate a replacement cushion to match the older model that I have.

I was later contacted and was informed that a new cushion will be sent that will match my couch. I received a follow up call a few weeks later to see if I received the new cushion, which I did not because it was sent to my old address. This went on several times (sent to the old address) until I finally received my replacement cushion in January of 2018. I received the new couch cushion and I contacted Platinum Warranty and a repairman was sent out. When the repairman arrived the cushion was still not a match so I refused the install. Pictures were taken by the repairman and sent to Platinum warranty and I followed up with them in two business days to let them know that the cushion cover was still not a match.

The manager that I spoke with insisted that cushion cover was a match and the difference in the color was due to wear and tear, which is not the case. In the picture, it can clearly be seen that both the finish and stitching in the replacement cushion does not match, but the Manager refused to acknowledge that. She just continued to state that the correct cushion was sent and refused to assist any further. After waiting for nearly a year for the replacement part I am still unsatisfied. When the warranty was sold to me ($500) by the salesman at Ashley I was informed that basically everything that could happen to the furniture would be covered, which I now see is not the case. I am now forced to purchase a new couch which will definitely not be from Ashley.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I had intentions of purchasing the same exact chair from two different Ashley Furniture locations and that I could pick them up myself from each location. I was told that I could do so for the same exact price for each chair. For some odd reason, the same exact chair was listed as 199.00 at the DTLA store and the other listed for 299.00 at the Burbank store. When asking the Burbank store to price match the exact same chair from 299.00 to 199.00 I was told that regardless of what was said, they would absolutely not do that. In addition, when trying to resolve the issue. I got the runaround by other associates and the support center (even people hanging up on me BEFORE speaking to me after I had waited on hold for 10 plus minutes). It took 3 weeks of calling and trying to get a hold of "corporate" to finally get to speak to the manager at the Burbank store that was extremely rude and unprofessional over the phone.

He gave me the runaround as well and then gave me a false number for "corporate" in which I called and someone picked up only to hear fuzz on the end. If they had just resolved my issue I would have come back in a heartbeat because I received amazing customer service my reps in the store. But unfortunately the management and customer support failed miserably. I wish I would have read the reviews before purchasing here. Unless this gets resolved, I'm afraid they've lost my business for good.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

On September 13, 2017, my husband and I purchased a living room set from the Ashley Furniture store located in Lakeland, FL. Our trouble with the furniture began upon delivery as we noticed two small nicks in the fabric on two of the armless chairs. The delivery personnel stated that we had 48 hours to contact Ashley and request a return, and or replacement.

We reached out to Ashley the next morning and was informed that once we accepted the furniture, there was no return policy in place. Instead they stated that they would send out replacement covers and schedule a technician to come out and remove the old and install the new ones. While the tech was at our home making repairs we pointed out some other concerns with the furniture which he addressed by removing the pillow filler material from one chair and installing it in the front of another, which was sunken inward. The technician stated that he would order replacement filler for the chair that he removed it from, and we should schedule to have another tech come it to install it.

We waited about two weeks and after hearing nothing form Ashley's reps, we called and were informed that the tech never ordered the filler as part of his report. The customer service rep stated that she would order it and that we should call back to schedule visit once it arrived, which we did. However in the meantime, the seat of the chase lounge developed a large bulge. We were instructed to send in pictures, as is the norm with this company, and that they would get back to us to discuss as how it could be repaired.

Once again after several weeks of no response, we called Ashley and was informed that they never received the photos, and to resend them via email as opposed to texting them. We reached out to them after a week or so and again the rep stated that she did not see the photos, but was able to locate them after searching the system. She scheduled the technician who actually had to disassemble the lounge in attempt to install new seat cover. Upon disassembly, he discovered that it was not the cover that was sent to us that was the problem, but that the foam cushion under the cover was defective and stated he would have Ashley order it. The tech also discovered that the armless chair had a broken zipper, and he would be unable to reinstall the filler that had been removed until a new cushion was ordered.

We again heard nothing from Ashley until we reached out to them at which time the rep originally stated that the technician did not issue the report. After assuring her that he submitted it in our presence, she was able to locate it and order the cushion. I think that it is ridiculous that new furniture should require this many service calls over a 4-5 months period, or at all for that matter. This furniture would certainly meet any "Lemon Law" as it pertains to vehicles, and we feel that there should be some form of justice in this case.

Oh, did I mention that the Technician discovered a broken piece of wood in the frame of the armless chair that will require a brace to be installed as well. We would strongly recommend that consumers looking for good furniture stand clear of this operation as it appears to be bordering on a "scam'! $2200.00 ought to get you better furniture and at a minimal better customer service. Images of all of the replacement packaging are attached!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

I don't know if the parts at the plant were assembled incorrectly, but the bed frame does NOT lock into place. If you are even able to force the frame to even remotely fit, any movement on the bed and the whole thing collapses. Other bed frames usually have a hatch with screws that will secure the bed frame to the boards. Instead, they trust on this terrible locking mechanism that does not at all lock. Would NOT recommend Ashley furniture as you do not get your money's worth.

Ashley Furniture response
    Hi, thank you for providing your feedback on this item and your experience. We would be happy to try to help with this issue. Please feel free to reach out to Fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com. Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.

Original review: Jan. 29, 2018

We bought a very expensive electric recliner from Ashley in Bend. We have had nothing but problems with it! Sometimes it takes months to get it fixed! This is the third time we've had problems with it! We called them this afternoon when the recliner got stuck in the reclining position. We were told they will have to call corporate, and it will be a week! Seriously? So that means we have to put up with having the chair like this for lord knows how long?! We want them to take this expensive thing back! We are done!

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

We bought $4,000 worth of mattress and base from Ashley Furniture. While doing the paperwork, my husband and I were told that if for any reason we didn't like our purchase we had 90 days to return it but would have to pay a 10% restocking fee. It turns out it kills both of our backs, so I called to figure out how to go about returning it and was told they don't even have a return policy. When I told the manager that her employee told us verbatim that we had 90 days to return it she got an attitude and said, "no, I know what they say and we don't have return policy".

After some back and forth, she basically told us we were screwed and the only option was to exchange what we have for another one of their mattresses which we don't want because the mattress we bought was the only one we even kind of liked in the store. The exchange policy wasn't ever discussed with us at any point while buying our mattress. They are bold face LYING to their customers!!! And now we are stuck with $4,000 of a product we can use when we should have gone across the street with an actual return policy. We will NEVER buy anything from them again!!!

Ashley Furniture response
    Hi, we’re sorry that you were unsatisfied with your purchase or customer service experience. Please feel free to provide feedback on both by emailing us at fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com. Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I ordered Reclining Sofa set from Ashley Furniture last year December and they promised me it will delivered in the first week of Jan 2018 and still it is not delivered. I called multiple times and they said they will call me and let me know why it's getting delayed however no one calls and when I call they don't even care to answer. After reviewing about Ashley Furniture I figured out that it has so many customers complaints and will definitely take my back before they even ship it to me. I also paid almost 170$ for shipping and still they don't care.

Ashley Furniture response
    Hi, we’re sorry that your delivery has been delayed. Please feel free to reach out to us at fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com, please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject line. We would be happy to try and help.

Original review: Jan. 27, 2018

I ordered furniture on January 15th. It was suppose to be available for pick up on January 24. It was moved to January 27th and now it’s moved again! I’m very upset. So much time and money went into buying furniture and I can’t even get my furniture! Please do not buy from here. It’s a waste of money, and they keep changing delivery/pickup time. I’ve been with countless customer service agents and NO ONE can help me. Please! Be aware. If someone can help me, it would be much appreciated. I AM HIGHLY UPSET. No one gets back to me when needed.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

My first experience at Ashley was in 2012 when I purchased a lot of stuff after relocating to a new town. Everyone in the store was so good. They helped us around, got us buying into insurance on all our furniture. Now, when it actually came for Ashley warehouse into delivering our stuff, they gave us such a hard time with their inflexibilities that they can just deliver our stuff in two rounds, therefore, we'll have to wait. So me and my husband had no furniture for almost 6 weeks and slept on the floor.

Now since 2017 -> 2018, one of the couches we bought from Ashley in 2015 for 2500 dollars has the leather ripping off. We purchased insurance of 400 dollars on all our furniture. We went back to the store and they said they dont handle these claims. They gave us a number to call. We called this number and person on the other end asked us to email him with the product details and photos of the damaged area. Since then multiple calls and emails that we've sent to them over the last 3 months have been ignored. So, basically the insurance we bought on the furniture was of no use. Very poor service and unprofessional. At the same time, other stores like Value City have responded appropriately to any complaints and replaced damaged pieces on time.

Ashley Furniture response
    I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your living room furniture. Can you please send us your purchase information, including the store where you purchased, to Fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com? Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Hello, we used to have a Ashley Furniture 9 years ago in our house and we liked them too much. One month ago we decide to buy another Ashley Furniture set. Before we order their product we bought some cheap furniture from Furniture America and the quality was bad. So we decided to go to a Ashley Dealer and look for better product. We liked it the Signature design by Ashley Signature design by Ashley sofa and loveseat. We purchased from a online retailer since Ashley and the dealer were out of stock for unknown time. When the furniture arrived after almost a month-We were completely disappointed. The leather was already cracked on some spots at the time from taking out of the box. The seats were scratched, all of the back cushions have damages and cracks form out of the box.

Called back the retailer who sold us the items and they were fair enough: ASHLEY FURNITURE IS NOT THE SAME LIKE USED TO BE. You will get more cracks at the first week of usage. They have poor quality now. I'm completely disappointed with the quality that we purchased from Ashley. We tried to call them 2 times-even if the new warranty tag was attached and says 1 year warranty. They don't want to do anything with their product, or even to send someone to at least to check their product, since they don't have any quality control in Vietnam.

I can tell the Truth. The first sofas that we purchased for 800$ from Furniture America have the same-maybe a little bit better quality (at least they came without damages) than these from Ashley. Both sets were manufactured in Vietnam without any quality. Probably the same factory. THE ONLY DIFFERENT WERE That we paid 1550$ for better quality from Ashley that never got that better quality. So, 2 weeks of usage -we don't have any pets, 1 grown kid-the Ashley furniture keeps cracking and peeling the leather-suppose to be a real leather, but is not. The whole point -We are not happy and want someone from Ashley Furniture Group to come to the house and check their quality and realize that is so bad. WE NEED A REPLACEMENT OR SOME OTHER OPTION.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

Purchased Furniture at Ashley. Was told verbally about their return policy. And was shown on the purchase paperwork that they do not accept returns for things like close-outs, accessories, etc. When our furniture was delivered the coffee table was much larger than I expected and crowded the room. I called to see if I could return it the day after it was delivered. I was told no and was stonewalled when I tried to talk to a manager. It's a shame because I do plan to buy more furniture, but I will never purchase furniture at this store ever again.

I also purchased two couches. Before delivery I canceled the two couches because I found them cheaper at Costco. The cancellation complied with their policies and I never received the couches. The cancellation was 1/7/2018. It is now 1/26/2018 and I still have not received a credit back on my credit card for the couches. When I called the store the receptionist admitted that their central office has been contacting the store urging the store to authorize the refund, but it still hasn't been done.

Original review: Jan. 26, 2018

I would give this company negative stars if I could!!! How many times do you have to call and speak to someone about your complaints and they just give you the runaround! So many people told me they would call me back or look into it! No calls back and that includes the general manager of the fricking store!!! We have been lied to numerous times! I will never spend a dime in this horrible store ever again!!

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Absolutely, without a doubt, the worse furniture purchase I have ever made. Embarrassed to have anyone see the couches. Within 4 months of owning, the fake leather (I know) began disintegrating. I didn't expect the furniture to be a life purchase. I like to replace every 5-7 years, but this is ridiculous. I called for help and was assured the material would be replaced ASAP. That was 6-7 months ago.

Can't even cover due to reclining end seats and was completely mortified over the holidays having anyone see it. Purchased 3. Don't I feel like a fool. The ads are so deceiving. They lure you into thinking you a purchasing something decent. No one going in expects high end, but I do expect decent. Be warned... Ashley Furniture is low end garbage. Although I have a wonderful experience with other reasonably priced furniture, I would advise people to RUN, RUN, RUN before purchasing ANYTHING from Ashley Furniture. I am guessing they figure people will simply get tired of calling back and give up. Shameful.

Original review: Jan. 25, 2018

Unfortunately, I could not give zero stars but if I could, I would. I purchased the Wilcot sectional (five pieces for $2800) in July 2017 and had pieces delivered on 7/28/17 and I picked up the remaining piece mid August 2017 from the warehouse. I immediately began to notice that the cushions (the ones that we sit on) would not stay on the sofa. They kept slipping off. I contacted the sales person, Ruben ** and he said that I could purchase some non-slip foam, the thin kind that is used to line drawers/cabinets. I purchased that and it still did not work. Slowly but surely, the cushions slipping off the sofa would be the least of my problems. This sectional began to look worn and dated. The outer covers of the cushions constantly move 2-3 inches below the edge of the foam cushion.

I have to adjust the out covers of each cushion to fix every other day or so. The back fabric of the sofa is loose. The cushions are lumpy and have divets. The cording is wavy and not straight. I contacted Customer Care in December and they scheduled an outside company (this is what I’m told) to come and see what the issues are and to take pics of the sofa and see if it qualified for repairs. The company did not show up during the time frame that they said they would and I had to reschedule. They did come out the second time that we scheduled. The technician took pics and a technician was scheduled to come out a third time. When that technician came out, he removed the covers from the cushions and explained that he could not properly repair them, because there is a seam running down the middle of each cushion. Adding more poly-film would create a “butt crack” effect.

He didn’t repair the back of the sofa because he said it wasn’t on the order. Not sure why because I was told on the phone when they scheduled me that it would be done. He did say that he was going to order a new cushion cover as the cording was defective. He came on 1/13/18 and said someone would call me within three days. No one ever called, so I called Customer Care on 1/19/18 and was told that “my ticket was closed out accidentally.” I have a technician scheduled to come this Saturday, 1/27/18. Honestly, I don’t think any amount of repairs done is going to get this sectional up to the expectations that I have for it. There is wrinkling in the fabric, the cording is defective, lumps are throughout the sofa and the slippage of the outer fabric is terrible. The fabric on the back of the sofa is very loose. Hooks should be installed to prevent the cushions from slipping entirely off the sofa. All of these defects are noted in the pictures.

Please let me know if this is an issue that I need to take up with the manufacturer or if this is something Ashley Furniture can help me with. I would like for the entire sofa to either be repaired so that no defects are noted (which I honestly do not think can be done), an exchange of this sectional for a similar one in price and size or a refund of what I paid. I know that $2800 may not seem like much money for a large company such as the manufacturer or Ashley Furniture, however, it is a substantial amount of money for me. From the pictures that I have below, it does not appear that this sectional is worth the $2800 that I paid. The quality of this sectional is very poor. I have never before been a customer of Ashley Furniture but I decided to shop here and purchase because I liked the look of the sectional and the size. I had heard from numerous people to not purchase from Ashley because of the quality of the products sold there.

I went against my better judgment and decided to give Ashley Furniture a chance, hoping that I could prove others wrong. Unfortunately, that did not happen. Also, I have many concerns IF the sectional can be repaired. What’s going to happen after the one year warranty has expired? Will I have any recourse if the sectional returns to the shape that it currently is in today? What I do not want is an empty promise that the sofa will be repaired and brought up to standard when in actuality, that cannot be done. I need a low maintenance sofa, one that does not require that I unzip every cushion to fix the slippage of the fabric on a daily basis, or constantly have to shift the cushions back onto the sofa. My household does not have any children in it. My husband and I are empty nesters. I can’t imagine what this sofa would look like if we used it on a daily basis or had children jumping and sitting on it.

I did purchase this sectional with a credit card. I will also follow-up with my Credit Union to see what my rights are as a consumer. In the meantime, please let me know if I should be directing these concerns to the manufacturer. If that is the case, could you please provide me with contact information so that I may forward this information to them? I appreciate any assistance you can offer. I did email Customer Care in Texas with all of this information today, 1/23/18 but I highly doubt they will be able to address all of these concerns. There should be six pages of pictures. If they did not all come through, please let me know.

Resolution In Progress
    Original review: Jan. 24, 2018

My husband and I bought our dining room set at Ashley's on June 2017. The dining set had a bench as one of the seating areas. We have two seating areas, a breakfast nook and the formal dining set we bought from Ashley's. With this being said, we never use our formal dining set from Ashley's, only during special occasions which we can count on our hands the times we've used this set. On New Year's my sister in law sat on the bench and it broke. I know that sounds insane but I swear that's what happened. As my husband and brother in law attempted to take the broken bench out so we can continue having dinner, the bench came apart into more pieces and mind you, my husband was being extra careful as we didn't want any more damage to occur. That week I called customer service and explained what happened. I was asked to send pictures of the damage so I did.

I then received a call back from them saying that there is no way they would replace my bench or fix it because it was beyond repair. I admit that the damage looks horrible but that is not our fault as we attempted to take very good care of it. I explained to her that we don't even use the dining room set but that didn't matter to her. I asked to speak to managers and I even spoke to the home store manager. She basically called me a liar saying there's no way that damage could have happened from someone just sitting on it. In order for that to happen there must have been a factory malfunction is what she said. I then proceeded to tell her that that must've been my case as this was a very exaggerated break from a furniture piece. She said if that was the case that I had to report it sooner before it Broke. I bought the five year warranty and she advised me to lie when calling them because there was no way they would believe me.

I called GBS which is the warranty I bought for an extra cost but they have not gotten back to me even after many attempts of me calling them. As we would sit on the bench sometimes I would hear cracks, I would then inspection it to see if anything was broken but would see nothing so my thoughts were that the bench was just falling into place. Just today I noticed a crack on one of my tables legs so I called Ashley's once again to see if there is anything they can do. As I was taking a picture of the crack, I noticed that on the other leg there are cracks too!

I'm currently waiting on a response. Like I said, we take good care of our house and furniture so I don't understand what is happening. I am very sad because They basically called me a liar, and offended me. Not to mention, my husband and I saved money for quite some time in order to afford this. I feel like it was such a big waste of money as the dining set was over $2,000. Also, my sister in law was hurt after the bench broke but no one seemed to care for that.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

I bought this Woodanville 7 piece dining set on 12/2/2017 and was delivered on 12/11/17. It starting having issues pretty fast but I was busy with the holidays. So on 1/19/18 I went back to the store and they gave me a phone number to call. The finish started falling off all around the edges and there was a raised area on the table top. All of the chairs were so soft it left marks when you sit on it. They said sorry and I had bought the warranty to call them. This should still be under warranty. It is clearly defected.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

This is regarding my return request in progress for the sectional. I have been wasting my time talking on the phone with Ashley customer service since November now. I had purchased a sectional and paid delivery fee from Ashley Online store in May 2017. I travel a lot and had not noticed the issues with the couch until November where it started to make noise when sitting in a certain area and the cushions started popping out (just when I started to use it). I called them to repair (since it was within warranty). Their repair team nicely informed me of the manufacturing defect and the broken frame. I called for a replacement which could only be scheduled for Jan 2, 2018. The new product arrived with another defect. I took the day off to be able to receive this but Ashley wasted my time yet again. I have spent hours on the phone being redirected between online store and store agents.

Then on Jan 20, they decide to schedule another replacement delivery without asking me - just left me a voicemail. Last I talked to an agent at the online store, I had asked to speak to their supervisor but of course they never called. When I called customer service for the 100th time, this time to refuse delivery which was scheduled without my consent, the agent named James was not just rude but disrespectful - would not let me explain the problem instead make snarky comments about how if I buy a million dollar BMW, I cannot expect a refund even if it was defective. Is this the kind of customer service Ashley provides to repeat customers? They said the delivery was put on hold per my request but I had to call 3 more times for that to be completed (who knows it is still complete) or Ashley will charge me 80 USD for rescheduling.

I have not accepted the offer for a replacement for the damaged item that was provided to me. I am expecting a refund and am not willing to accept a replacement of a bad model that Ashley is offering. Two items of the same model showed up defective at my place. I don't believe your policies account for these types of exceptions where they are repeat mistakes from the seller. You also need to protect the customer. I refuse to pay 2000 for a bad product. Also, the amount of my time they have wasted with their repeated bad products is unbelievable. I am definitely least inclined to buy from Ashley anymore and will be closing my credit card with this company given the behavior. Even small online companies have a better customer service. I am also attaching picture of the attempt at delivery of the defective replacement that also looks like a used old product. I want my refund including the original delivery fee I paid.

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

With the kids finally out of the house, my wife and I decided it was time to go out and purchase a "high quality" living room set. We checked out a few stores to see what our options were, and in the end, we ended up going with Ashley. We purchased an entire living room set (sofa, love seat, recliner and table set). The seating was covered in a beautiful brown DuraBlend leather. I originally had some questions about the "DuraBlend" leather but was assured by the sales lady that it was every bit as tough and durable as real leather and that with proper care, would last a lifetime. Imagine my surprise, when after a relatively short period of time, the seating started (for lack of a better word) cracking. At the location of the cracks, the DuraBlend leather then started separating and peeling. This was shocking to me for a number of reasons.

First, this started when the furniture was only around 14 months old. Second, the furniture was receiving very, very little use. Third, some of this peeling was occurring in spots that had little or no human contact! I contacted Ashley to see how they planned to remedy the problem. They informed me that the product was no longer under warranty and that I was S.O.L.

They offered to send a man out to look at and possibly repair the problems. They would charge me a $75 trip fee plus $20 per every 15 minutes that the repair man was on site. This is how they stand behind their product. This is how they treat a customer who spent over $3K on their product a little over a year ago. When I asked the customer (no) service guy if Ashley was comfortable selling furniture that would last less than 2 years, he replied, "Well sometimes you just get a bad piece of furniture"... I can promise you that if you purchase a living room set at Ashley, you're going to one of the people who "gets a bad piece of furniture"... You've been warned...

Original review: Jan. 23, 2018

Will never purchase anything from this ** hole of a place. Crappy furniture and poor customer service. Purchased a sectional in 2012 and started to strip in 2 years and for the last 3 years nobody has the decency to return our calls or address our complaint. Will spread the world until death that this is the worst place to buy furniture. My Family and friends have been warned and anyone who reads this post. Pay the extra money and go elsewhere please.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I bought a blue leather sofa from Ashley Furniture, November 11, 2017, I was so excited when it arrived on November 14, 2017. By November 16, 2017 my skin started itching every time I sat on the sofa. Then I broke out in a rash/hives which sent me to the doctor four times, the last being January 08, 2018. I no longer sit or go in the room where the sofa is located. For the last two months I have been in contact with Ashley customer service to replace this sofa for medical reasons. They asked for pictures of my medical issues and they wanted pictures of the sofa. I sent pictures of my rash/hives and the blue leather sofa. The first two customer service rep. was very nice and helpful, saying that they was sorry this was happening to me, and they will put the claim in and someone will contact me.

After that I spoke with customer service five more times, each one saying they could not do anything without a doctor note. Each week I spoke to different customer service rep. and each week they became more rude until the week of January 08, 2018 which was when my doctor gave me a doctor note confirming my allergic reaction to the sofa. The last two reps. I spoke to was James and Trish, who informed me that there will be No Replacement of the sofa. They did not care if I had a doctor's note that customer service told me I MUST have to move forward with my claim and get a replacement. Trish had the nerve to ask me what reps in customer service did I speak with because Ashley don’t do replacement.

I could not believe Ashley Furniture do not stand behind what they sell. Ashley Furniture need to fire their whole customer service team. When you ask to speak with someone higher up who may can help you they will tell you this is it. No manager/supervisor. No one. Ashley is a Big Brand. It’s sad they don’t Stand behind their furniture they sell. Consumers think before purchasing from them. If you do be prepared for the Nightmare (runaround for 2 months). I would like if someone would contact me on this Urgent matter.

Original review: Jan. 20, 2018

I purchased a couch and loveseat just over a year ago and it is the worst furniture I have ever owned. I sent them an email explaining my unsatisfactory purchase and not one word of any sort. It is so bad that none of my friends want to take, for free, my current set. It broke a few months after I purchased it and they did send someone out to fix it, then broke again, sent someone out again and fixed it. It sinks to the floor like we have had it for twenty years when it's only been one year. Completely awful.

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

Ordered a couch on 12/31, promised delivery on 1/17. No one showed up, no one called, no one emailed me! I called and was told that someone called me on 1/14 to advise no deliveries this week but couldn’t leave a message because the "mailbox was full." NOT! Said there was some sort of Company change going on but had no details to explain to me what that meant. All they said is someone would call me to make other arrangements. I have repeatedly tried to call the "888" # because no one has called and the automated system puts me on hold from 2-10 min. And then disconnects me! (You cannot contact the store directly. You have to call "888" #.)

Original review: Jan. 19, 2018

I should check the reviews before I went to the Ashley Furniture store. With this review I just want to let the people know don't buy anything from that fraud store. They don't know what is the meaning of customer satisfactions. They don't give you call to sort out the issues. You have to call them again and again and when you explain this thing to the customer service they said it is a busy season. That's why they did not called me. If they are that busy then they should tell the customer when the customer enter the store like, "We can't sell anything right now because we are very busy." I had to take the day off from my work for the replace furniture delivery and on the delivery day the delivery guy told me, "We can't deliver because we check the furniture in the truck and the new one has some damage too." They don't understand how frustrated is that when you lose the money from work and have the same problem.

I can't even canceled the furniture order because according to their policy I have to pay cancellation fees. It is not my fault, they delivered the damage stuff. They should check the furniture before they deliver. They should give me that fees as a harassment and the frustration which one I am having right now. It took too much time to called the customer service but they don't help you to cancel the order even you reported before 48 hour and on the top having same issue again and again because of that that crazy policy. So it my humble request to read the review before you buy something from that store so you don't make a mistake like me.

Original review: Jan. 18, 2018

Had a moldy mattress due to set-up fault. Delivery guys said removing the plastic from the mechanical bed base would void the warranty. (False Info) Mattress started to get moldy and my wife and I have been sick for over 6 months. Discovered the mold as mattress cover sheet was pink on the bottom when we removed it and called Ashley customer service. Claim was denied as they tried to push it on us that we spilt water on it. Very quick to deny us. Appealed with additional pictures status has been pending for over 4 weeks.

With every call to customer service being a 20mins wait on hold then being told status is pending and the mattress department is NEVER in. (Over 8 phone calls). ** stalling tactic obviously. I contacted the mattress company myself and had approval within 4 days. Kudos to Tempurpedic mattress company. Called Ashley to check. Status is still pending with no one except the operator to talk to. Everyone is not in every time I call. Save your time and money and cut out the middleman. Buy from the company themselves. Will be considering a lawsuit to claim medical fees and hardship for sleeping on the floor for over 4 weeks and still recovering from mold exposure.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

My shopping experience was great. It was an easy transaction. I bought a coffee table and a matching side table. We decided to pick up the tables three weeks later instead of getting delivery. I show up the day I am suppose to pick up my furniture, which I had called to confirm a couple days before. I show up and they tell me I need to wait 30 min because I didn't make an appointment... Ok, fine. The next day my husband unpacks the tables and starts assembling them. The coffee table was fine but the side table was cut or manufactured incorrectly which pissed me off because Ashley prides itself on manufacturing their furniture. But it happens so we call them.

They said "well if you don't pay for delivery that's the risk you run." We asked what can you do for us and, they say we have to wait another three weeks. Now I have to wait another three weeks and assemble the table there in their warehouse to make sure it's actually manufactured properly. I will never buy anything at their stores again. It's such a hassle to pick up and the wait time is ridiculous!

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Bought leather reclining couch and loveseat from Ashley Furniture. Was told that this was top grain leather. That is why we paid so much for it. We went with Ashley Furniture because the salesman told me that the warranty they sell covers all damage, “including rips, tears, punctures, if your dog scratches it or rips it apart the warranty will cover it, it covers everything.” One armrest on the couch is peeling which is strange because if it is top grain leather there is no way it should be peeling. I was even told so by the store manager when I went to complain about having trouble with the warranty. That’s the other problem, we have been trying to work with the warranty company for months!

At first they said they won’t fix the peeling because it is not covered no matter what they supposedly sold me. Then the warranty people said they would cover it and the puncture hole on the side that the delivery people put. They said they would not cover the crooked console that is causing the chair to rub against it and will eventually ruin it. They said they are mailing the leather that the repair person will need which we received. When we called the warranty company back to set up an appointment they said they will have someone call us back. That was several months ago and we keep calling them and they say they have to have someone call us back to set up the appointment. Of course no one called us back. Then they said they will have a manager call us from the warranty department and that did not happen either.

A few days later we finally get a callback, not from a manager like they promised. This person said that they will not cover the peeling nor will they fix the crooked center console. They continued to give my husband the third degree instead of showing customer service. The lady asked my husband why we did not report these problems right away and he said that we did and have been trying to get this fixed for several months now. The lady was rude and raised her voice to my husband and did not let him speak, when she was done with her rant my husband asked to speak to a manager. Then was told there was nothing different that a manager can do for us, after calmly requesting for a manager many many times they supposedly put the manager on the phone. They said they would not cover the damages, but will do us a “favor” and send someone to fix the puncture that their delivery men did.

We are again waiting for a call to schedule a repair person to come to the house. They gave a referral for a leather repair company that we can pay ourselves to fix the peeling. They said they would email it to us but of course we did not get that either. I’m beyond upset by this entire experience. I have not received such bad customer service before. The manager in the store said they should credit us for the couches because they should not be peeling, I have not heard anything back about it. The salesman in the store lied to us about the warranty, I’m pretty sure we were also lied to about the couches being made of top grain leather, and customer service acted belligerent on the phone. This company should be sued and put out of business. I wanted to buy more furniture but it won’t be from Ashley.

Original review: Jan. 17, 2018

Received table via UPS 01/12/2017. Opened box and assembled table 01/13/2017. The way the item was boxed when you open the box and remove all the parts the tabletop remains in the box topside down and you assemble the table upwards from the underside of the tabletop upwards until table is fully assembled and then you pick up the table and flip it over onto its feet. After assembly was complete and table was positioned onto its feet we noticed that the front left corner of tabletop was crushed.

On Monday 01/15/2017 I called Ashley customer service and informed the customer service rep of the damage and asked if they could send us a new tabletop and I could switch it out with the damaged one. She informed me that they could not and maybe I could get a discount on the table but it wouldn't be much or I could box the table up and send it back. I informed her that was impossible as the way it was packaged in Vietnam I could never duplicate it. The box was 6ft long, 24 in wide and 18 in deep and weighs about 75 lb. We paid a lot of money for this table and are totally disappointed in the product and customer service. We are not going to eat the $562.00 for this table and intend to file a claim in small claims court. We cannot recommend Ashley Furniture online sales to anyone.

Madison

Original review: Jan. 16, 2018

I purchased a dining set from Ashley Furniture about 1.5 year ago. Within days of it being delivered the table top and chairs were full of scratches. I called asking for it to be replaced and I was told to turn it in under the 5 year warranty I had purchased at an additional cost. They did bring out new chairs, but it was not much better. When I filed the claim and sent them pictures showing several chips, scratches, I was told that I would have had to report it within 48 hours of noticing the damage.

Otherwise they do not accept damages. I also spilt out the nail polish and called them to come and fix it, but they are saying I should not wipe it off after the accident happened! Because I did call them in, they cannot send technician. I explained I have a 7 months baby at home and cannot leave nail polish on the table until they come. The manager replied back to me "sorry you have to! That's the store policy!" What a shame that store and their warranty coverage is. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THEM!

Ashley Furniture Company Information

Arcadia
    WI
    1945
    www.ashleyfurniture.com

ConsumerAffairs Solutions for Business

Schedule a demo

Inc. 5000 Award

Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use