3.05/5
Based on 1,850 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

3036 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: May 8, 2019

I would never recommend, I made a deal with sales associate that included a nightstand back on April 2nd and now they said it was never included so the over $1000 I paid apparently doesn't include the nightstand "like they said". The bed and chest dresser were shipped, I was only able to get the bed because the chest dresser came in damaged! The bed came with slates I paid for to hold the mattress, delivery guys said, "The sales associate should’ve known better and should have sold you a box because this bed can’t take the slates."

Called up Ashley Furniture in Massena and had to call Potsdam one as well and went back and forth over the issue because the box was more than the slates and wanted to charge me an additional $50.00 which the mistake should not be my problem. I was at my point of returning everything if it wasn't for my almost 5 year old son who absolutely loves his bed, why should I punish him for the sales associate's terrible mistake?! Then finally said that’s fine they won’t charge me that they’ll “eat it” because of me! Really they didn’t “eat it” because of me. That’s their sales associates problem for selling incorrect pieces to a customer. So after all that now I have to wait even longer to receive the dresser.

Every time I would talk to the sales associates they gave me a complete runaround and were completely unorganized. We made a deal and they unfortunately did not hold their end of it. Still to this day May 8th when purchase was made April 2nd I still do not have the dresser. I called today and was told it won’t hopefully be too much longer. I said I had enough with this horrified experience that I’ve received from them and demanded a refund on the dresser. I personally went online 2 weeks prior to this and ordered the nightstand that I was supposed to receive with original order and I received it in 5 days from ordering it direct off Ashley Furniture store. So once again here it is May 8th and they are telling me hopefully not too much longer. So over a month from local Ashley’s I still haven’t received but you can order direct and it comes in 5 days… Makes no sense!!

The guy I spoke to was extremely rude. Gave me a hard time about returning and said, "I’ll call you back." Finally called back. Said, "What’s the credit card number" which they have it one file but fine I gave it to him and I asked, "Will this be done today?" He says not sure. He doesn’t do the returns. So why is he the one calling me if he has no answers for me? His response “Guess I’m the lucky guy that has to deal with you!!?” Wonderful remark isn’t it. I had called the actual corporation and was told there was nothing they could do because it’s a bought franchise. So apparently these privately owned Ashley Furniture stores can do and treat people however they'd like. Very unethical, terrible service all way around and I feel like I was robbed of something I was told my price included.

The all in sad part is I tried and wanted to keep my business local as we all preach “help our local business”, “Buy local”. Well it's experience like this that will deter me away from buying local. The horrific service is/was not called for and people should beware. Lesson learned!! I will never purchase from any Ashley Furniture store again!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

I purchased a dining room set on a Monday! It was to be delivered the following Sunday! They only brought my table. Said no chairs were ordered, I said, "Really? I ordered 4." Said will check. Nope. No chairs. They had to order my 4 that went with the table! A week later they only ordered 3. I'm like, "What the hell," now I know the set comes with 4. It took them 3 weeks or more for my chairs to come!!! I will never order again from them!!

Original review: May 8, 2019

We received our new couch with obvious defects in the leather with poorly aligned staples and stitching...some of which was ripped/damaged. We promptly called Customer service and got nothing but the runaround and because it was in “our possession”. All we could do was request a repair. Seems to me a defective and damaged item should never leave the warehouse and if it did the company should take responsibility. Nope, nothing but disrespect and dishonesty. Horrible company.

Original review: May 8, 2019

I purchased a desk on Dec 26, 2018 and I am still waiting for it. I was told the approximate due date was Feb 15, they called me after that date and said they would deliver. However, they cancelled the delivery in the early morning on the delivery day due to relocating issue in the warehouse. After a few weeks, I called them and they said because they were changing management, the old owner forgot to place orders and they had placed the order. I can understand there is a lot of things going on during takeover. But I haven't heard any update from them since then. Seriously, they never called me, it was me calling them always. They can always find new excuses, like, "we have new containers coming everyday", "moving warehouse", etc. It's been almost half year since I purchased that desk, it would be get ready if it were a car, not a desk. I would tell anyone DON'T GO TO ASHLEY UNLESS YOU WANT TO TRAIN YOUR PATIENCE!!!

Original review: May 6, 2019

Ashley Furniture is the WORST store I've ever bought furniture from! We purchased their Marsilona Dining Room Table and less than three months of use the planks started to separate, we called it in and they told us to put a glass top over the table. Kind of beats the whole purpose of butcher block table. Nine months in of use the MDF has started peeling, there's bubbles where it's began to swell. We called it in again and we've been playing this game of them contacting us, sending out a tech, letting us know how they can fix the table. Nothing has come of it and they refuse to do anything because we didn't purchase the extended warranty, that wouldn't cover it any ways.

Honestly why do you need a warranty on a kitchen table? Shouldn't any table hold up to everyday use of eating meals, spills and doing homework? This table DOES NOT and Ashley won't do anything about it. Beware. If you give their products a bad rating they will take it down. I've submitted bad ratings on the table multiple times, each and every time it has been taken down. Go somewhere else to purchase better and higher quality furniture for less.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: May 6, 2019

This store is singlehandedly one of the WORST stores I’ve ever been to and run by an incompetent manager. I had the misfortune of dealing with Emily the sales associate. Her vibe gave off desperation for a sale. In the course of our dealings, I asked whether putting an application in would result in a credit card. Emily insisted that it was NOT a credit card and I would not receive a credit card in the mail. I was skeptical because the whole process involved putting in sensitive information which was a no brainer that it was a credit card. She even called her dishonest manager who confirmed that it was a credit line and I would not receive a credit card.

Fast forward a couple of days later, surprise surprise, I receive the Ashley Home Furniture credit card in the mail which was further confirmed in the correspondence. By this time I haven’t heard anything about my furniture (2 weeks). I give the store a call and was told, "Oh yeah the furniture is available. You can schedule it for delivery now." I was appalled that no one followed up with me. I called the store and asked to speak with Emily who was all ears when I expressed interest in buying more furniture but totally ignored my comment that a credit card actually came in the mail. She was more than happy to rush off the phone like a vulture ready to pounce on the next client.

Might I mention that she made it a point to say that she didn’t make any money until the items were delivered. This is interesting given that she did not appear interested in following up with my purchase. All I can is her service was horrendous. I later called to speak to the manager who told me that the card I had was an Ashley store card not a credit card because I could not use it anywhere else but Ashley’s. Once he said this, I was done. The levels of foolery and deceitfulness this individual was trying to employ with his use of words was ridiculous! If I fail to make payments on this credit card, I can guarantee anyone that this will affect my credit score.

The representative I spoke to on the phone confirmed this was a credit card. I couldn’t deal with the foolery and I knew right then that I was never doing business with Ashley Home Furniture again. I canceled my delivery and purchase. Please note that Ashley Home Furniture has a ridiculous policy that they will charge you 30% of the price of the goods. Luckily I talked to corporate who told me I would not have to pay that amount and reduced it to 10%. Whatever money I’ve lost, which wasn’t much, will not break my bank.

Ashley Home Furniture can consider that my charity for the day. A bunch of misfits. Please believe the negative reviews. RUN when you go to then Ashley store located in Falls Church. RUN. Take your business online at Wayfair or Overstock.com or Sam’s Club. No integrity. No follow up. Dishonest individuals ready to say anything to make a sale. Overall disgusting store, disgusting sales associate Emily and disgusting manager.

Original review: May 4, 2019

DO NOT SHOP HERE! After 90 days and 3 deliveries they finally got my sofa and chaise right! First delivery was grey sofa and brown chaise. :( It took 3 months to get my furniture in my new home - I had to pass up a house warming and family visits. They said they would compensate me for my troubles and I have heard NOTHING. Go online and look at this store - and this company - the reviews are HORRIBLE!!! I will never shop here again.

Original review: May 3, 2019

Paid for furniture after being told it would be delivered the next week, then it was postponed by another week, then again by another week. Had I known this originally, I would have went to a different store where I wouldn't have to wait so long to receive the products I already paid for.

Original review: May 3, 2019

I bought a twin XL adjustable bed from Ashley Furniture Home Store in Edwardsville, IL. The store promised to pick up my old Mattress and box Spring when I purchased the bed. However, on 4/27/2019, their delivery people refused to pick up my old mattress and box spring. He found all kinds of excuses to avoid doing their job, such as mattress should be packed in plastic bags.

After I rejected his ridiculous excuses, he finally said his company would only pick mattress but not the box spring. I knew he was lying, because I bought mattress before and the delivery people picked up both of my old mattress and box. So I called the store and the guy answered the phone agreed they should pick up the mattress and box, but he changed his mind after talking to the delivery guy.

I requested to speak to the manager, but he hung up the phone. Fortunately I bought another twin XL adjustable bed from SAATVA online and got the delivery 3 hours later that day, SAATVA picked up my two old mattress and two Box spring without a word. Ashley furniture has worst customer service and delivery team, while Saatva mattress online has great customer service and delivery team.

Original review: May 3, 2019

We were told all our pieces except for a rug were available at the warehouse and arranged a date that we would pick it up. We called to confirm and then paid for a U-Haul. When we arrived, the furniture wasn't in stock. We were told it was given to other customers who came first, even though we were given a pickup date. So after multiple phone calls they agreed to deliver for free. They have no-showed us twice. Last Saturday we got a text near the end of the delivery window that said they would arrive in 15 minutes. An hour later I called and was told they were running late but would come. That was at 5 pm. They never showed up. I called on Monday and rescheduled again for this Saturday. Someone was supposed to call back yesterday to provide a delivery window. We got no call so I don't know if anyone will show up Saturday. We will have to stay home all day just in case they come.

I want the furniture but if I can't get it, I want my money back so I can go elsewhere. I keep getting stories about how they moved the warehouse and the computers aren't working right. I'm out 118 dollars plus gas for the U-Haul even if I get a refund but I'm willing to eat that in order to move on. We bought from Ashley six years ago and had a good experience. This experience has reversed our opinion. Things happen beyond any one person's control...I get that..but not a single person I have spoken with from Ashley, nationally or locally, has communicated any sense of empathy. There is only apathy. I need Ashley to produce the furniture or refund our money.

Original review: May 2, 2019

I purchased Tempur-Pedic Pro-Adapt Firm (almost $6,000.00) from Ashley Furniture Store on 98N Lakeland, Fl. It was uncomfortable so we went back the third day and spoke to manager **. He suggested we need to have a break in period which was thirty days. In the meantime I unzipped the mattress casing and there was nothing but one piece of foam, when in fact it was supposed to have 5 layers on Tempur foam. I was astonished! I examined the mattress some more and noticed the tags were tore off and another tags were glued.

The place where it was tore it says "Made in Mexico" and the tags that were glued said "Manufacturing company was in Louisville, Kentucky", "Made in USA". THEY SOLD ME A FAKE TEMPUR-PEDIC!!!! They refuse to give me my money back. They will only give me store credit. I am taking legal actions. Please DO NOT BUY FURNITURE FROM THEM! THEY ARE A SCAM!!!

Original review: May 1, 2019

Slammed new bed post into door frame causing major damage and told me it wasn't in the 72 hour report window when I contacted them. Actually the first message I sent was 48 hours after it happened. They claim because they responded to me over 72 hours later that there is nothing they will do to fix it! OUTRAGEOUS.

Original review: May 1, 2019

It has been 2 months that I ordered the sofa. Still didn't get it. Poor customer service. They call with inadequate information. I had to take a day off because the delivery wasn't scheduled as per my requests despite of the millions calls I made to change it. Still waiting for the sofa.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I have NEVER EVER had such TERRIBLE experience with a furniture store before like I did with Ashley. I am so dissatisfied and disappointed. We went to this store in hopes of making our new house our new “home” with their furniture and this turned out to be a nightmare. Everything with the exception of our love seat and sofa has had to be returned or has came defective. I would NEVER recommend anyone to purchase furniture from this place. This is furniture ordered from Ashley Furniture in Pineville. Very poor quality.

Original review: April 30, 2019

I am soooo irate right now. Just want to put this out to everyone that is thinking of buying furniture from Ashley Home Store (Greenwood)... DON'T!!! I purchased furniture on 02/23/2019 and was told it would be deliver in 4 to 5 weeks. 4 1/2 weeks rolled around and I called Ashley just to check that we were still on schedule. They informed me (keep in mind I called them), that it had been pushed out an additional 6 to 8 weeks. I, of course, found this unacceptable, so I cancelled. I then found online that Ashley in Avon had two sofas that I really like and could have in 4-weeks. I went there and purchased and was told it would be in around 4 to 5 weeks. 4 1/2 weeks I called to verify still on schedule and was told YES.

I then got a text from Ashley setting up delivery on April 30, 2019 (today) between 9:00 am and 11:41 am. I took the day off, sitting here and decided to call to verify the times were still good. I was told the furniture was not in and delivery has been pushed to 05/08/2019. Livid - YES!!! As well, I previously recommended my daughter buy furniture and she did. She was schedule for 04/20/2019, and she called 2-days before and they said the delivery date was still good. She received a call on 04/19/2019 and was told items were backordered and pushed her delivery to 05/03/2019 (who knows if this will happen). Again... Don't buy from Ashley and definitely DO NOT TRUST what they tell you.

Original review: April 29, 2019

They never showed up to deliver my sofa after I laid the full amount for delivery and assembly. I had my entire day wasted and they didn’t even contact me to let me know the delivery had been rescheduled. I have no choice but to miss work in order to get my sofa delivered again (if it even does get delivered). Biggest waste of time. They refuse to refund the entire delivery fee. What a scam of a company.

Original review: April 29, 2019

I went in to buy a sofa right after the Superbowl at the Hull Street location in Midlothian (the sofa was new and wasn't in stock. Was told it would take a month to get in. A month and a half later, I'm asking the store when it will be delivered. It was in stock, they didn't contact me about delivery despite saying they would do so). The salesman say "If I'm looking for a mattress, I could get the sofa essentially for free." I told him I was in need but couldn't do both that day, he said I could finance it.

I tried out the hybrid Tempur-Pedic, it was delivered a few days later. Five days in, I had so much back and hip pain. I went back to the store asking to return. The store told me I had to deal with customer service in Fredericksburg since the mattress was already in the home. The store manager told me that I needed to call Tempur-Pedic, not customer service. Called CS and they said to call back after 30 days. On day 28, I called to find out next steps since day 30 was a Sunday. The customer service guy, Akeem, sent an email with instruction to take pictures of the mattress.

I called the following Wed. to follow up and Akeem told me it would take 7-10 days to decide if I could reselect a mattress. I told him that amount of time wasn't acceptable since I was not claiming there was a defect in the product, I couldn't sleep on it due to pain. During the wait period, I discovered that the wrong mattress was delivered, I didn't get the hybrid, I received a different one. When I emailed Akeem about the mistake and told him I didn't want the mattress, to come pick it up, I was approved for the reselect, that day.

I chose a Serta iComfort. It was much better than the previous mattress but it still caused back pain. On day 30, 04/18/19, I emailed Akeem. On Friday, I called and left a message and got no response. In thinking that he may have been out of the office and did not put an out of office reply into the email, I waited through Tuesday for a response and got nothing. On Wed. I called his extension and got voicemail. I decided to try a different customer service person and lo and behold, Akeem got the next call in the queue, mine. Akeem tells me that I only have one reselect, although the store salesperson assured me that I could chose another until we found the right mattress.

I told him I understood that but since I was experiencing back pain if they would consider allowing another reslection. Akeem tells me he will send the request to his manager. I ask to speak to the manager and he tells me all the managers are in a meeting. I requested to hear something by the end of the day. Akeem says that they ask 24-48 hours to respond. I waited the 48 and got no response, again. I called once again and left a message asking to hear from someone by the end of the day and that my next call would be to corporate. I call corporate and they say that I have to deal with the local store. I call the local to speak with the manager and I can't get anyone because there isn't an option to select to speak with someone.

The CS department sucks! There is a huge disconnect between CS and the store. The left hand has no clue what the right is doing. To completely ignore my calls and emails shows me that customer satisfaction means nothing to the company. I won't buy anything from Ashley ever again and I will tell everyone I know about this experience.

Original review: April 28, 2019

I was told by Mike in Delivery that he was allowed 15 minutes per stop & he had already wasted 25 minutes of his time. He put the furniture back in the truck & refused to deliver items. He told me to stop talking & to shut up. I was told that it was the last delivery of the day & they wanted to go home. This is all because I still had my dresser & bed in the room. I was not told I had to have everything out. I have a huge bedroom & there was still plenty of room to set the furniture in place. But they said they only work in an empty room and it was my fault for not reading the fine print on my contract. I called my sister & husband to come & be witness to how I was being treated. Al then began to insult my sister in law. In a way, I was glad to see they were still being ** while they were here. I was actually scared to have them in my home after it got so confrontational.

Original review: April 27, 2019

Ashley Outlet and Mattress Center - 9317 Atlantic Blvd. in Jax, FL - Sales Team Member, ** was very knowledgeable, considerate and the most helpful salesman I have ever met! At the end of the day we located an extra firm mattress at another retailer, but will recommend ** to family & friends.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Long story short, bought a table, with warranty. The table was later seen by two technicians who said they couldn’t fix the bubbly surface because it’s the material that causes that. Two months later I was able to get the credit for me to choose a different table. I choose a different table, different price (didn’t mind paying the difference). The new table and chairs arrive and the delivery guy rushes out of the door. When I checked the items I saw that they were damaged and I told the delivery guy. He stated that I had to contact the store which I did. JAIRO the manager was extremely rude. After speaking to corporate and many people from different departments, FINALLY I get an exchange.

Exchange date comes around and the delivery guy explains to me that the table he is dropping off is much more damaged than the one I currently have. WTF! I appreciate his honesty as he explained that in an honest opinion if he was a customer he wouldn’t take the “new” table, so I didn’t. I call the store again and again rude managers. Until FINALLY I get to speak to CARLOS, a manager at the store who apologized for everything I was put thru, including the other manager's reaction and service. He was so helpful and agreed to take the items back and refund my money to my account. I felt bad for him because it was not his fault it. I also appreciate his understanding that at that point I was simply very upset. A pick up has been scheduled for my items to be returned. DEFINITELY WON'T be purchasing there again.

Original review: April 25, 2019

Received today my complete king size bed without two boxes. There was no information from store that they will be delivering without same. We refused to sign the delivery slip and the delivery person very argumentative and threatened to take back everything. I did called the Sales at Brampton store (Canada) and they could not explain how this happened and said will check back. I can understand mistake but the delivery person employ of Ashley Furniture doesn't meet any professional standard of customer care. Even he was very rude to his colleague who came to deliver the furniture as he understood the complete situation. Sunil **

Original review: April 25, 2019

I purchased a king size bed March 19, 2019 paid in full. I was advised that delivery would be Friday April 19, 2019 due to the bed rails were pending. I received a call April 17th advising that my delivery was being cancelled and reschedules for Saturday April 27th due to the bed rails are still not end. Today I received a call again stating that my delivery is being cancelled and rescheduled for May 8th (2 weeks later) due to bed rails are not in the warehouse. I am beyond pissed, upset, disappointed and frustrated that my order is still pending bed rails when my order is in the exact status as when I originally placed the order 6 weeks ago.

This is not acceptable. I ordered 3 rooms of furniture from ROOMS TO GO I received everything BEFORE the original delivery date. And ASHLEY FURNITURE CAN'T delivery a bed. This is terrible. I will never purchase anything from Ashley Furniture again or refer anyone. And not to mention it is pointless dealing with their customer service.

Original review: April 25, 2019

We purchased a living room set and paid for it in full. The recliner turned out to be very uncomfortable so I was told the manager was going to call me and it never happened so I called him. When we spoke his customer service was more than just rude, it was downright UNPROFESSIONAL! I guess their company was sold or restructured so the warranty out the door wasn't 30 days. It was 14 days. With whatever company they're now utilizing they say that once it's in my house I own it! WTH? Never again. I can't even get in touch with corporate, they keep me on hold forever.

Original review: April 25, 2019

My biggest disappointment about this store is that they sell low quality furniture from Malaysia. It appears to be shipped to the U.S. in pieces and assembled here. I would have thought for the price the quality would have been better, but it does not seem to be any better than the cheap stuff you get at the discount stores that you bring home and assemble yourself.

Original review: April 24, 2019

Do not buy a bed from Ashley Furniture. They take weeks or months to deliver. Then they do not meet their delivery promise and will waste days of your time. In addition they do not deliver the correct order. They admitted logistics suck and are unable to control their delivery promises. Not to mention they deliver the incorrect bed then make you wait another month. They are nothing but trouble. Frustrating and a horrible store to deal with. RUN FAST AND FAR...GO TO MATTRESS FIRM... While waiting for Ashley to get my order correct, I ordered my Mother a bed from Mattress Firm. Mattress Firm delivered within days, on time and true to all their promises.

Original review: April 24, 2019

I always heard good reviews about Ashley Furniture in that they have good customer service and quality brand furniture - but I was certainly misled. We purchased a couch from there less than 2 months ago. On the day of delivery they told me they couldn’t fit the couch in after paying for delivery and they didn’t even try. They marked up all my walls (I moved into my place that day). I emailed and called to inquire about this and told me nothing could be done over the phone and when I emailed they told me they would get back to me and never did.

I’ve had the couch for less than two months and there’s already pilling on the couch. I requested a technician to come out and look at it. After the appointment and speaking to guest care they told me they couldn’t fix it because it was considered wear and tear. I’ve had the couch for less than 2 months and rarely ever home to sit on it. I’m so incredibly disappointed with this company and will never buy from them again. Don’t waste your time or money. It’s not worth it:

Original review: April 24, 2019

I purchased a sofa and loveseat in March 2017 with a 5 year protection plan. Now two years later, the seam from the backboard of the sofa starts to come apart. I called to schedule a repair and was told that they do not cover manufacture's defects. Basically, the plan is useless!! $120.00 down the toilet! I will never by from them again.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Please do not order from this company. Incompetence all around, from packing the product, shipping/coordinating delivery of the product, and dealing with errors, this company has proven that they cannot handle it. Order came in after 2 months with pieces missing, reported to the vendor who placed the order with Ashley (again), and I am still missing pieces. After 3 months I have a half assembled bed frame scattered throughout my room that is unable to be used. No one seems to want to take responsibility either, so my request for consumers is to avoid this company like the plague.

Original review: April 23, 2019

Short story, do not buy anything from Ashley Furniture. If you would like to know why then feel free to read the novel below... I purchased a sofa and loveseat from the Tigard, Oregon location on March 3rd. We chose to skip the delivery and pick up the couches ourselves. Drove close to 2 hours round trip to pick them up only to get home and realize they are the correct couches, but they do not match. One of them was made in China and one of them was made in Vietnam. The stitching on one couch is white and the other is dark brown. They also do not have matching feet. We called customer care and we were told we would have to drive back out to the warehouse to exchange the couch.

Another trip out to the warehouse and we were given the same sofa again (it does not match our loveseat). After calling the "customer care" line again, they decided to deliver us a 3rd couch. I requested that the couch be checked before sending it to us to save everybody the time and hassle. When the delivery people arrived the couch was still in the box and they refused to open it for me to inspect it. They had no idea about our past issues leading up to this delivery. They had to call customer care to get approval for me to inspect it. Why would I accept a delivery of a couch without looking at it first?! I inspected the couch and it was WRONG again! After refusing delivery and another frustrating call to customer care I was told that a return was approved but that nothing could be done for 24-48 hrs.

I was told that a manager would call me to schedule a pick up of both items. Never received a call. I called again and was told they couldn't do anything because they were in the process of transferring accounts to another Ashley franchise. Called again the next day and was told the account transfer didn't go well and that someone would call me the next day. Still NO CALL. So I call again the next day and the customer care department put me on hold for 10 minutes before transferring me directly to the store I bought the couches from. I spoke with a woman at the store who said she was going to look into it and call me back. NO CALL. I followed up the next two days and she was not in the store. After another phone call I got a hold of Becky and she was the first person I spoke to that gave me any hope this would be resolved. Finally, almost 8 weeks after the purchase we might actually receive our refund. Fingers crossed.

Honestly this is the most absurd interaction I have ever had with a business. No one communicates, no one follows through. We have been dealing with this for almost 8 weeks now and I have wasted close to 6 hours of my time driving to and from the warehouse and countless phone calls to the "customer care" department where no one seemed to care. AND I still don't have couches.

I posted about this issue on their Facebook page and they immediately asked me to message them on Facebook. I did this weeks ago and not only have they not replied, they never even read it. The. they deleted my Facebook post about this situation. I will make sure everyone I know is informed about the sketchy behavior of this company. Our salesperson at the Tigard store was Mari, she was wonderful and I believe she had no idea what kind of mess we were going to have to deal with.

Original review: April 23, 2019

I wish I had taken the time to read all the reviews of Ashley before I wasted my time. I knew Ashley is considered a "cheap" brand of furniture, but I didn't realize the horrible customer service they continually have! I ordered a dresser online on 4/9. After no contact at all from the company, I called Ashley Customer service on 4/18 and was told the item would be in the warehouse by the weekend and would be delivered the following week. They said someone would call to schedule a time.

Again, I heard nothing until I called them back on 4/23 to try to set up the delivery time. Why had they not contacted me as they said they would? The customer service rep had no answer to that. I was told that the first available time for a delivery was May 1st and that they would call me the day before to tell me the time. I requested an afternoon appointment since we cannot be off work or school in the mornings. I was told that it is not possible to request a specific time period and that I would be told the time I needed to be available. That is just horrible customer service. I was charged 99$ for in home delivery, but it has to be at their convenience? I did a quick google search and found the exact dresser at another local furniture store for $90 less. I cancelled my Ashley order immediately. Hopefully I will actually get a refund. As bad as their customer service is, I'm not confident in their ability to complete a refund.

Ashley Furniture Company Information