2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.31/5

Ashley Furniture is a furniture store chain that sells name-brand products for the home and office. Consumers can shop in-store or online. On its website, customers can shop by category and sort the selection based on price, rating, material, style, features, color and size.

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Looking for a new piece of furniture?

Shop for your home on Overstock

Visit Website

Ashley Furniture Reviews

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?
    How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Aug. 3, 2020

Ordered $10,000+ worth of dining room and bedroom products on 6/7/2020. Promised delivery of dining set on 6/23. Arrived & installed as promised but had wobbly chairs, blemish on table top surface & minor nick on pedestal. Called & got a repair scheduled that took care of wobbly chairs & minor nick but the blemish, looking like a black sharpie mark, wasn't addressed & repairman stated it likely needed a replacement table top. Never got any further correspondence from Ashley. I have a standing complaint with customer service that is being ignored.

Part II. As of 8/3 we haven't received our bedroom set. Tomorrow, 8/4/2020 we're grudgingly accepting a partial delivery of items that are in stock. Remaining items have no timeframe for availability. We fully accept that supply chains are disrupted by the pandemic. However, the scope of the delays was downplayed initially by in-store reps in Fort Walton Beach, FL. The original date for the bedroom set was 7/17. We were never notified by anyone that it was being delayed. Turns out they were texting to our home phone number instead of mobile. So when I called them on 7/16 to confirm is was still a go, they said it's delayed a week, to 7/24. Ok, fine we accepted that. Then on 7/24, still with zero contact from anyone & no delivery confirmations, I call to confirm it's still a go.

Now we're told some items are still out of stock & there's no timeframe for their availability. Fed up with lousy customer support & the delays we ask them to cancel the order. We're advised that a 25% RE-STOCK FEE APPLIES TO ALL IN-STOCK ITEMS, approximately $1,000. Understandably, we ask to delay delivery of in-stock items until such time that all items can be collectively delivered. We're advised not to opt for that because the in-stock items can be re-allocated to another customer if their delivery date is 2 weeks or less before our projected date, potentially delaying our delivery indefinitely. For our trouble & frustration they've offered $100 in-store credit. Thanks Ashley Furniture Home Store.

Original review: Aug. 2, 2020

I would choose no star or or a partial star if I could. We purchased a dining set including a table and 6 chairs a year ago from Rockford store in Illinois, but delivery and customer care became problems right away. They missed the 1st scheduled delivery date, only delivered the table after a while, and missed another delivery of the chairs, and finally delivered chairs with different look. Store manager promised compensation for their mistakes but never materialized after several phone calls. Definitely not recommended!

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I will never purchase furniture from Ashley again. Was completely disappointed with the quality, as was just a step up from Ikea but at a much higher price. I purchased a bed, nightstands & a dresser. Both of the bed rails were damaged - 1 in shipping and 1 just poor quality where the film of what I thought to be stain was peeling off. The footboard was also damaged in shipping. The return process started well in obtaining labels & taking to UPS, but that’s where it ended. I had no communication on the exchange or when replacement items would be sent.

I received the new rails within 1 week of return, but I am not scheduled to receive the replacement footboard for another month, almost 45 days from receipt of damaged item. My dresser was supposed to arrive 23 Jul, but again after no communication, I’ve spent hours upon hours on the phone & on hold to find out it isn’t even being shipped until 20 Sep. 2 months after the original date, and 3.5 months after I ordered it. I will never buy from this company again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

I placed an order for a dresser that went on sale in May 2020. Delivery was scheduled for the end of June. I received an email telling me that the delivery was rescheduled for end of July, because the dresser was out of stock. Not sure why Ashley Furniture would sell items they actually don’t have in stock. The item was delayed until end of July and then again I received a notice that item will be delivered end of August. This is the worst experience I have ever dealt with. If they can’t deliver on an order, Then why sell furniture to people when they expect it delivered on time? I will never buy anything from Ashley furniture again.

Original review: Aug. 1, 2020

We bought a table at Ashley in Aug/2019. After a few days, we had an issue, where the table presented 2 small peeled circles in the finishing, over the top. As we had the Protection Plan, we call them, and 1 week later it's been "solved". We were caught by surprise when saw that pealed area, and the technician told us that the table's finishing was not that resistant and recommended us to put a glass over the table to protect it.

After a few days after the repair, the problem happened again, because - of course - the solution was to paint the peeled areas. We contacted the Protection Plan again, and at this time they claimed it's a manufacturer issue!! The same issue now is being considered differently?! Finally, we tried to reach out to the Ashley Store Customer Service, as well as the unit in Long Beach/CA several times, to ask for a refund, or at least exchange for another product, but nothing.

After months, when we finally got a response, they said couldn't do anything else. We are extremely cautious people, we do not have children, neither receive people at home, that's why our concern why the product has damaged so easily without barely using it. Unfortunately, I'll never buy at this store anymore, high prices, medium quality, horrible customer support.

Original review: July 31, 2020

On Ashley's website, several of their barstools come in sets of two. We ordered from their website two sets of 2 barstools. However, Ashley Furniture does not stand by their misleading advertising. We only received part of our order and contacted Ashley. Contacting them is difficult. They never get back to you and never answer their phones.

After using the website chat, it would take like 15 minutes to get a response. Once we got in contact finally, we set them screenshots showing the barstools and that we ordered two sets. They now claim the chairs aren't sets, although the screenshot and website shows you are buy a set. My invoice shows this as well. After fighting with them, they will not stand by their word/false advertising. They try to justify their incorrect charges with saying that we paid for "warranty" even though I know we didn't and our invoice does not reflect this.

Furthermore, they charged my credit card, but I never received confirmation email of the order. I had to contact them for an order number and screenshot it through their chat system since they never answer their phones or return calls. Also, the order took 5 weeks to arrive. Dealing with them has been awful and I do not recommend purchasing with them. They cannot be trusted.

Original review: July 30, 2020

We went into your store in Newington, CT on July 3rd and met with Jonthan **, Sales Manager for that facility. On our receipt there is a tentative receiving date of July 15th. At this time we paid in full. At a later date we added 2 additional pieces for at total purchase of approximately $3,000. We did think that July 15th might be an unreasonable date so 2 days after the 15th we called the store and they informed us that delivery would be in August, which was not a problem. A week later we contacted them to see if delivery would be the beginning of August or the end since this is a new home without current furniture. We were informed that delivery would not be until October. After leaving multiple messages for Jonathan on his phone and at the store we have not had the courtesy of a return phone call. End results we have paid in full for our purchases, which results in Ashley Furniture having our money for four months.

We were assured that this furniture was manufactured in the United States so the current virus should have no impact on our delivery. We understand that things get delayed but the store informed us that no deliveries would be made until the entire order was in stock. This is totally unacceptable and would like to know what Ashley Furniture policy is and if wish to encourage future business and referrals.

Original review: July 29, 2020

After a little over a year, the finish on our outdoor table is coming off. We have a warranty but when we filed a claim we were told this was not covered. We purchased other pieces and have been happy with them so far but I hope nothing happens to them because it doesn’t look like the warranty is worth the paper it was written on.

Original review: July 29, 2020

Bought product months ago. Delayed 3 times and when I schedule delivery doesn’t show up. How can you sell a product and not produce it and then not deliver it, sure were happy to take my money! Taking my business somewhere else!

Original review: July 29, 2020

One of the worst products is the sectional I bought from here. Terrible quality, after 18 months the inside started to rip and the staples are exposed making it very dangerous as someone could cut their hand from it. I called customer care to discuss this issue and they were not interested in helping me and that is after I was put on hold for a very long while. I had to fight my way to speak to a manager after the CSR refused to transfer me. This has been the worst retail experience for me, I urge everyone reading this to not waste your money on any Ashley Homestore.

Ashley Furniture Company Information