2. Homeowners
  3. Furniture Stores

Overall Satisfaction Rating 1.36/5

Ashley Furniture, also known as Ashley HomeStore, is a furniture and home decor company with stores in 49 states and Canada. Ashley Furniture is one of the largest furniture manufacturers in the nation, and the company designs furniture in multiple styles and aesthetics.

Ashley Furniture Reviews

Original review: May 15, 2020

Disappointing, No help for bad manufacturing. I purchased a sectional with the extended warranty a year ago. The framework has been a problem since I have had it. One month from purchase someone came to repair it. After 6 months, I had the same issue. Again, I find myself with the same issue. This time I was told my warranty is out and I must contact the extended warranty company. They informed me they are not responsible because the problem already existed. Now I am pretty much screwed. The frame will completely break in a sofa sectional that I paid a lot of money for Only to replace in less than 2 years. Poor poor customer service.

Original review: May 14, 2020

I ordered a three piece living room set from Ashley Furniture. They collected & processed my full payment. One day before delivery, they called to say one item of three, is back-ordered. No one told me before this, that any part of my order was not available. They still have 100% of my money. I’ve already gotten rid of my old furniture to make room for the new, so I’m stuck waiting for a backorder. If they had given me any warning, as they well know, I would have canceled this order & shopped elsewhere. I believe it was wrong of them to take my money, knowing an item was unavailable.

Original review: May 14, 2020

We purchased a bedroom set online from Ashley Furniture. They just dropped the items off in boxes and disappeared. When we opened the boxes we found that the dresser had a scrape and the hardware to install the mirror was missing. We've called and emailed several times to get this fixed, but they don't respond. After 45 minutes waiting to talk to a human on their customer support line, I was transferred to another queue and then told there was technical difficulty and then they hung up on me. I called again and left a message that they said they would respond to within 48 hours. I have not gotten a call back after 6 days. I will never buy anything from them again. This is the worst customer service I've ever had with any merchant.

Original review: May 13, 2020

Waited hours for customer service, only to be told they would call back between 48 - 72 hrs, never happened. Customer service rep finally said, "I’ll have to transfer you to a supervisor" only to have the phone call terminated.. Had a delivery date scheduled and no one showed up for delivery or bothered to call.. BEWARE, do not do business with this company if you have little patience..

Original review: May 13, 2020

This has been the WORST experience of our life. It has been a 5 week ordeal that has still not been resolved. Promised deliveries that never came through, promised returned calls that didn't happen, over 12 hours on the phone and still no resolution. I will NEVER recommend Ashley to anyone! We ordered a couch, love seat, bed, nightstands and dressers for our new house. The couch and love seat were fine minus the unprofessional delivery drivers.

Our nightmare is the bedroom set. We ordered the bed, nightstands and dresser all at the same time and was guaranteed a delivery of Friday, April 10. After waiting on hold for close to an hour, the lady we spoke to was very kind and we verified 3 different times and, "yes, she guarantees" the delivery by Friday. By Friday the only thing we had received was the bed rails and then the nightstands. We were moving that day and had no furniture. We called again on Saturday the 11th. At this time we were told that the dresser was on backorder and they couldn't find the tracking number for the bed. The lady we spoke to the previous Monday did not mention anything about backorder, she guaranteed delivery of all the items.

Now on this second call, that again we waited over an hour, we were told it would not be delivered until the middle of May. We just moved and have no furniture. This was unacceptable! She said there was nothing she could do and offered a $100 gift card, which we HAVE NOT received! On Monday we made yet another call, this one had a hold time of over 2 hours. We were told that the headboard and footboard had been lost and they would reorder. We were also told that, "NO, the dresser is not on backorder and we are so sorry you were ever told that. I GUARANTEE we will have it to you by no later than Saturday". I mentioned that the couch and love seat would be delivered on Thursday, she said she would make sure the dresser was on the truck with that. If there was a problem she would call me.

NO return call and NO dresser on Thursday! The delivery of the couch and love seat was fine I suppose, if you think it's normal for the delivery driver to pose in front of it doing some kind of hand (gang?) signs while you are watching! We did receive the headboard and footboard by Friday. We had only been sleeping on the floor for a week. Once again we were on the phone. Another 1 and 30 minute wait to speak to someone. We were then told, yes, the dresser is on backorder. What?!?! Do you all even work for the same company? How can something be available one day and on backorder the next, then in stock, then back ordered?

After insisting to speak to a supervisor Sharon answered the phone. We explained our situation for the 4th time. She was very understanding and when we said we were going to return everything she promised she would be submitted for us to receive compensation for our troubles. She would request the max they would give. She told us she would call back on Saturday to follow up.

Surprise, no call on Saturday. We called back, again, and waiting over an hour, again. All we could do after the long wait was to leave a message for Sharon. In the meantime an additional headboard showed up. We called, yep, you guessed it, another hour wait. We were told to put a note on it for UPS pickup and they would have someone swing by to get it. It sat there for 3 days!

When Sharon returned the call she said she was still waiting to hear and would be in touch. We are still waiting to hear back from her even though we have called multiple times to talk to her. We even tried calling our local store to get a hold of someone. NOTHING! We have also received yet another headboard that had to be sent back. It is now 5/12 and we received a text yesterday that our order would be delivered today, Yep, no delivery, why am I surprised?! As we have sat on hold for over 12 hours, all that was repeated was customer satisfaction, well we are HIGHLY unsatisfied!!

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: May 12, 2020

I placed an order for a bed. The bed was listed for 549.00 and I applied for financing. The financing company wouldn't give me the account number so I had to wait until the card came in. Ashley jumped the price to 1100.00 for the bed in the meantime. I had photos of the lower price for price matching but couldn't get thru to Ashley. Once I finally got thru the agents did everything to dismiss me and get me off the phone as if I was bothering them. The order was placed with the higher price hoping that I would be called by a "higher up manager" who would adjust the price as I was told within the 24 to 48 hours as promised. No calls. I was in hold for 45 min to an hour each time for over 12 calls that all ended in being disconnected. I finally reached an agent on the online chat during this time. I asked that they cancel the order (after 8 days of trying to call and no luck) and the online chat agent canceled the order.

There's a hold for the canceled order on my finance card that's been there for 2 weeks. I spend another 2 weeks on the phone and leave at least 6 emails to customer care, online chat attempts and another 10 to 13 calls in which each was 45 min to an hour hold. I reached an agent once who refused to help and said someone would call in 24 to 48 hours. That was over a week ago. I still cannot get thru. Each time I reached someone (which was rare) I have been treated as an issue or problem. I've been nothing but nice but firm in my needs and simply requested that certain responsibilities be handled. If they don't release the hold on my financing card for an order that was canceled over 2 weeks ago because they won't honor their original price as they advertise and wish to charge me nearly 2x the price and all because the finance company they team with won't "play fair" with the customers I think they should be called out for it.

They're definitely not there for their customers. They're there just to make a buck. Oh, and the first time I called they also told me that the shipping was free to curbside since I didn't want someone in my house due to covid. They refused to honor that too. They want to charge 400 dollars! And not back down. That brought a 549.00 bed with the inflated price including deliver all the way up to $1,400. What a sham. I'll never ever ever buy from ashley or use Synchrony again. I've been fighting for them to do their job for over a month and a half now. They just dig their heels in and do whatever it takes to steal people and one agent says one thing, another agent says another. It's wrong and dishonest and really really unprofessional.

Original review: May 12, 2020

We ordered a new love-seat and couch. They were brand new. They were delivered to the house-the delivery people were outstanding. We took the plastic off the furniture very carefully and made sure there weren't any cut marks next to the furniture. My wife looked at the stitching right away to make sure it was good on the cushions. Very shoddy quality on the stitching. There was a hole in one of the cushions. If you spend time and money to get something brand new, you don't expect that to happen. She has spent 2 days trying to contact their home store, and not surprisingly, has heard nothing. Last time ever purchasing anything there.

Original review: May 11, 2020

1 1/2 year old couch that was $2200, the color of the leather is coming off on the armrest. Customer service just say sorry but the warranty is only one year and I got told I was 1 customer so I'm not that important, big deal if you never buy from us again. Like really, screw you guys.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I have over $5,000 of furniture I purchased over a month ago and only received the items shipped by UPS. I have spent numerous hours 3-4 days a week for the past 5 weeks only to be on hold for 4,5,6 hours a day before I finally give up. I not only can't get a deliver status on the items being delivered from their warehouse, when I get someone they transfer me to someone else and I get put on hold again. Just today I have spoke to 4 people, put on hold 4 times within 5 hours and no one can help me with my delivery status. I ordered this furniture for my daughter as a gift, she's been sitting in an empty apartment for a month now because of Ashley's bad service. I can't even reach someone to cancel my orders.

Original review: May 11, 2020

I recently made a purchase online from Ashley Furniture on 4/20,2020, had problems because I ordered the wrong item, then I ordered the correct item, returned the original order, now its May 11, 2020 and I'm still trying to get my account credited for the original purchase. Customer service is HORRIBLE, I have been on hold several times well over 40 minutes each time, currently on hold now while I write this review, I really regret buying from Ashley Furniture. I will not be buying in the future nor will I give a good review.

Ashley Furniture Company Information