1.16/5

Looking for a good furniture store?

2988 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Original review: April 1, 2019

I recently bought a bed frame there with the drawers on the bottom. The sales person promised me that the mattress I purchased would fit just like the one on the showcase. When I got it it was so tall I couldn’t even get into the bed and when I talk to the store they were rude and caring and their comment was, "too bad so sad." once you order it is in your house it’s yours they don’t care what she paid for it I will never never buy anything from Ashley Furniture. Again their quality is terrible. This service is horrible and they don’t care.

Original review: March 31, 2019

I'm building a home. So have been shopping for new furniture. Went to the Ashley store in Bristol, where I met Brittney, she help me pick out a lot of great things for my new home, I've been very pleased with everything.

Original review: March 30, 2019

It took 2 months to get my sectional and the chaise had a snag in it. My armless chairs missing the legs and the material on the back was real loose. So now I have to wait another month to get the chaise replaced and at least 1-2 weeks or more to get the material on the back of the couch replaced. The worse customer service I have ever had and they seem to not care.

Original review: March 29, 2019

To the CEO of the company... I'd like to share my experience with your company and let you know that I've spent thousands of dollars here and will NEVER be back... I had a warranty on my bedroom set and a nightstand of mine became damaged. I called the warranty company in December and they came out mid-January, decided it can't be fixed and it would be replaced. On January 21 I received an email confirming authorization to have the nightstand replaced. By both Montage AND Ashley Furniture Corporate (spoke with Karen and Wade several times), I got the run around. First it wasn't in stock, then Montage was waiting on Ashley to release money, then it would take 4-6 weeks to ship. Then someone lied and it was actually never processed, then it was in stock then out of stock. I finally dealt directly with Ashley who kept stalling and stalling.

Last week (week of March 18), I spoke directly with Wade who told me to pick any day next week (this week) and they would deliver the nightstand. I picked March 30. I called today, there was no record of that (as I knew would happen). I told Karen to let me speak to Wade, so she put me on hold. Wade refused to get on the phone and Karen refused to get me a manager and she told me Wade said he never recalled that conversation.

I am DISGUSTED by the customer "service" I have received by such a well-known company. I will be going on every social media platform and letting my 400+ coworkers know just how disgusting this experience was for me. I was told my nightstand will now be delivered April 13, nearly 4 months after I put in my claim!!!! Losing a customer's business and countless others, all over a measly few hundred dollar nightstand? DISGUSTING. And zero apologies from your company or anything to accommodate me for the countless wasted phone calls I've had to make. Your company should be downright ashamed.

Original review: March 29, 2019

We bought a mattress with boxspring from Ashley home store. In just few months it started sinking from some points. Bumps and depressions appeared all over the mattress. Upon complaint the person visited and took photographs and when he removed the mattress it appeared that boxspring was also broken which was quite strange.

Later we were told that the mattress seems to be defective but it had stain on it therefore the warranty became void and nothing could be done. This was outrageous. The stain was from drop of a medicine which spilled on mattress and what the hell it has to do with the defect and what role it could play in the bumps and depressions? But there was one word uttered by them "sorry". I will never ever visit that store again after this experience and recommend others to think twice before buying from Ashley furniture store as their after sales service is horrible and unacceptable.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: March 29, 2019

Please don’t purchase furniture online, I’m so hurt. I was sent a broken table with scratches all over it and Ashley will not refund me my money. I paid $370 in total for the table. I’m so mad. Never again. I pray this doesn’t happen to no one else. Not to mentioned the customer service is so rude over phone and liars. I just advise you to be careful if you ordering online from the company cause you never know what you going to get. The pictures online looks nothing like what you will actually received.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I made the unfortunate mistake of purchasing a couch from Ashley Furniture Tukwila WA almost two weeks ago. I had driven my truck to the store with my roommate to look at couches as we were hoping we may actually leave the store with one. We found the exact couch we wanted and we are saddened to hear that it will have to be delayed till Saturday (5 days) but will be available at the warehouse for pick up then. We let them know we have guests coming into town on Sunday so the timing for the couches could not be more perfect. We just want to make sure our out of town guests have a place to sit. Saturday rolls around and I still have not heard anything from Ashley so I take matters into my own hands and call the store to find out if the furniture is available for pickup.

Fantastic news, it is at the warehouse and I can go down to get it now. So I jump in my truck and drive down 45 minutes to the warehouse, only to be told when I get there that the couch is not in stock and is still being shipped from Portland. As you can imagine I am not very happy to hear this and I have guests coming in the next day. I call the store and I explain the situation to them and how unhappy I am that I have friends coming into town, and I am told that the manager is going to speak with the sales associate who sold me the couch, come up with a game plan and then call me back in 30 minutes.

After 3 hours I finally called back and was told that there was no update and nothing has changed and I will be called if something changes. Now I’m starting to feel abused as a customer and at this point I already would not recommend this experience to anyone. Monday rolls around and I call back down to Ashley (Because calling me back wasn’t going to happen, I learned) and once again I am told that the couches are available for pick up and has been verified with the warehouse. She asks if I am going to head down to pick it up now, which I say yes and head back down to the warehouse. Once again I get to the warehouse and my item is not there. I call customer service from outside the warehouse as I am not just frustrated, and have taken even more time away from my guests at home so I can come back with something comfortable to sit on (which clearly didn’t happen).

They say they are going to try to call the warehouse manager but they can't get ahold of him so I have to take my cell phone into the warehouse and give it to the manager there so he can talk to customer service. After agreeing the couch is not there I leave and I let Ashley know that I don’t want to drive down to pick this up again at cost to me, I will take free delivery. They tell me that delivery won’t be available till the 1st of April, or the time should be available for pickup in store on 3/27/19. I am told they can try to see if they can push for the delivery to happen a little sooner. I inform her at the time that I would rather keep the item in warehouse so I can make sure I can get it as soon as possible, even if I have to miss a few hours of work to do it (Because that is how bad this has become at this point).

I am told I will get a call back on 3/27/19 to see about scheduling delivery and the soonest date available. Well as it is already 3/27/19. I figure I will just go the store. NOPE! Can’t go to the store to get the couch, because despite the fact that I said I didn’t want it delivered if I wasn’t getting it 3/27/19, they changed the order and now it won’t be delivered till Friday (coincidentally when my guests leave). When I ask why this happened I am blamed and told I asked for free delivery so that it was changed, despite the fact I specifically said NOT TO DO THIS! I’ve spent over 6 hrs between phone calls and driving to the warehouse trying to just get this couch. My recommendation, “DON’T EVER BUY FROM ASHLEY! If you are unsure, check out the links below to even more terrible reviews of this company.” https://www.consumeraffairs.com/furniture/ashley.html.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I searched the couch I wanted online. Went in to my local store and they ordered my couch. I searched all the furniture stores in my city. Ashley had the best looking and prices of all. The staff was very nice and we will shop there in the future.

Original review: March 28, 2019

I ordered a queen mattress to be sent to my address that has a terrace address and not a street. I know not to put street on anything I deliver because Street would take it to a address with the same numbers but not terrace. I didn’t realize when I placed my order that the Ashley furniture website changed it to Street Street. I'm waiting for my mattress and it’s delivered to the Street by UPS and this individual signed for it.

Now here’s where it gets worse. I contact UPS. They tell me they have to do a investigation fine but I call Ashley Furniture customer support and a CCS tells me they will replace my mattress but then calls back leaves me a message and tells me I have to file a police report. I tell her I have proof I live at terrace not street. She then places me on hold puts a manager on who tells me they aren’t helping me at all. It’s my loss cause I put the incorrect address on my package. This lady was rude and showed no concern for the issue at hand. I will never order from this company again.

Original review: March 28, 2019

In June 2018 I purchased my son a new bedroom set from Ashley Home Furniture at their Atlanta, GA location. I was charged twice on June 6th and then again June 7th of 2018 for the same dollar amount. I have been in contact with the store since I received my first credit card statement along with speaking with the Credit Card Company and Ashley Furniture Corporate office. My issue as of today still has not been resolved and I have gone back and forth with the company and their authorized credit card company.

After speaking with the manager named Ashley at the Atlanta location whom seemed to understand my issue after several months now as of 3/27/2019 she stated “I do not know what to do from here.” I have spent countless hours on the phone with several people attempting to get the double charges removed and I need Ashley Home Furniture Corporate to call me and resolve this issue ASAP. The invoice and delivery note indicates only one bedroom set was ordered and delivered. I should not have to be accountable for someone’s mistake. I should not have to result to calling the local news station ABC etc, to have an interview and have this posted on social media to get the issue resolved.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Where do I start first? First couldn't track my order from day one. Was told my order would be here on the 27th. Remind you I ordered on the 13th of March 2019. Card was charged and money was deducted out my account then I didn't receive no email confirmation then contacted them on the 22 of March. Said it would be delivered on the 27. Ok. Now on the 27th Kyra the supervisor or whatever you wanna call said money was sent back on the 18th and my order was cancelled on the 25th. And when I talk to them on the 27th I spoke to 4 different people that couldn't find my order.

Finally Kyra said it was cancelled and they call and emailed me. Never happened. I never got a email or anything stating that my order was cancelled. When I was talking to her that is when I got a email the day my order was supposed to be delivered. Shall I say fraud or what and no money in my account yet since the 18th. Hopefully by April I'll see something from here in my account. Please don't order from here. Save yourself the trouble.

Original review: March 27, 2019

Before you buy make sure you want it, because if you cancel the order before they deliver the product they will charge you 10 percent restocking fee!!! I will never step in a Ashley store ever again. Been a customer for over 15 years, and they don't care about you. Just about the money.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Ashley Furniture does not care about their customers whatsoever. All they care about is getting their money at all cost. I had ordered a couch/loveseat combination on Saturday March 16 for a whopping $3500 set for delivery all the way on April 30, I know shame on me. My wife and I found a nicer set at another location for an incredibly lower amount. I also measured and realized that the set I ordered wouldn't even fit in the spot I intended to put it. I go into Ashley Furniture and tell them my issue and they required a 30% "restocking fee."

How is there a "restocking fee" for an item that hasn't been touched and wouldn't be touched until the end of April. This is absolutely ridiculous. I will NOT just give them money so now I have been extorted into paying this. I am so angry and will never EVER shop at Ashley again. Make sure you specifically ask what the return policy (if it even exists) is. Ashley does not care about their customers and how they feel or what they go through.

Original review: March 26, 2019

Never ever get a credit card from Ashley Furniture. I got their credit card and bought some furniture. But I made all my payments through Chase credit card. Just after 1 month of purchase, they closed my card, which affected my credit score. I approached Ashley for this issue, they say, "It's not in our hands, we didn't do it." If it's not in your hand then why do you encourage customers to apply for credit card.

Secondly, the sales person encouraged us to take extended warranty, which included the regular cleaning of sofa, but after 2 years we approached Ashley for cleaning, They say it's a miscommunication, the regular cleaning is not included in warranty. Therefore, stay away with these 2 offers, it's a scam. I would rather buy cheap furniture from a regular Mexican market, but not ASHLEY'S FURNITURE.

Original review: March 25, 2019

I ordered a dresser for my daughter's birthday. It is the only thing she wanted... a brand new dresser. We took her to Ashley to pick one out. We paid for it and were told to call a number to schedule delivery. I called. They told me it would take two and half weeks before they could deliver it. I thought that was a little long to wait, but went with the flow. They also told me someone 18 years and older needed to be here for the delivery. I took the date off work, so I could be home for the delivery.

The dresser was supposed to come TOMORROW. I JUST NOW received a phone call at 4:23 pm from an Ashley representative telling me they are not delivering the dresser because it is too damaged to do so. The person on the phone had the nerve to try to set up a different delivery date for me. I went ape! First of all we have waited almost 3 weeks for the dresser! Second of all I took the day off work! Third, they wait until the evening before we are to receive it to call us???

I will NEVER do business with this company again! It is not the first time I have had trouble with Ashley. I swore the last time I would not go back, but I gave them another chance. WHAT A BIG MISTAKE!!! They are HORRIBLE to deal with! I will go to another local furniture place... that guarantees delivery in 3 days or less... and get a dresser for my daughter! I should have done that in the first place! Ashley Furniture sucks!

Original review: March 25, 2019

Ashley Furniture... This company is the worst furniture company, Tracy ** is in corporate office, she is the very Rude! Unprofessional! After I have repeatedly took days off work, the furniture never came. 2 months later it finally came damaged! And used, my attention was directed to - Tracy **, who told me, "You should not have shopped at our store. There’s nothing we can do," and also said, “No refund." And then threaten me to take them to court. After research, I found out some stores are Franchise and some are Corporate own, the one I am referring to is franchise. TERRIBLE!!! Do your homework.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Bought Ashley sofa and loveseat about 5 years ago in the new Durablend Material that they told us would wear almost like real leather. This set sits in a room that is rarely ever used, so it is not worn from overuse. The sofa is now peeling like crazy. Little pieces of durablend cover your clothes if you sit on the sofa. The sofa looks horrible. I went to The store where purchased to see if there was any recall or discount offered toward new furniture to replace this crap and was told they are very aware of the problem because everyone who purchased these sets had the same problem and complained, but nothing they can do about it. It was just bad fabric. Also found out they are still selling furniture made of Durablend. I will never purchase Ashley furniture again, nor will I ever buy from Same store again. Terrible customer service. If you spend $2500 on furniture, it should last a few years.

Original review: March 23, 2019

Mattress set advertised at just over $200. At the end my $200 totaled just under $550 and I opted for no extras and no delivery. Well deposit amount was $40 something. Paid that and week later made a $250 payment. Suddenly circumstances beyond my control caused me to cancel my layaway and was promptly informed that I wasn't going to be refunded my deposit. Wow. But I said, "Fine." Sales rep on the phone told me I would be refunded my payment onto my card so 3 days later sales rep calls me, informs me of a rule they apparently have on my order that upon cancellation no refunds, no exceptions. Instead I would be issued a store credit which obviously even the rep had no knowledge of that rule and therefore didn't tell me about it until 3 days after he had said I would be refunded.

I'm so disgusted with this form of business and can't believe they get away with this crap after I redeem my store credit which will probably not amount to anything worth $1.00 much less. I don't believe in wishing failure to anybody but I do believe in KARMA and I will smile when it catches up to them. Seriously never again will I set foot in any Ashley Furniture store again. Shame on you Ashley Furniture for being such a thief. I'm a single parent. Hard enough to provide for my family. Sometimes I sacrifice in order to feed, clothe and shelter my son. Now I feel dumb cause my son got less this month.

I'm angry. All we wanted was a bed. Ended up without the bed and no money either. People before you get all excited walking into Ashley Furniture for whatever you need to better your family's life find out your options and run very fast to some other furniture store or else prepare yourself for disappointment. Would have been less painful to flush that money. At least then I would have to accept it and moved on. This is so wrong. More wrong than any other wrong. Screw you Ashley Furniture policy that is only to steal our money.

Original review: March 22, 2019

I ordered online through the Ashley website confirming a requested delivery date. A few days after the purchase, I received an email confirmation stating that the furniture would arrive on the date I chose. The day before the furniture was suppose to be delivered, I received an automated call stating that the furniture would be delivered 4 day after the original date. I was very disappointed and decided to call customer service. Unfortunately, they kept transferring the call and refused to accept fault and fix the issue. I will never order from this place again.

Original review: March 22, 2019

After an absurd amount of phone calls over the past 5 months I am left with using social media as the only way to get Ashley Furniture’s attention in hopes of them finally doing the right thing. On August 30th my mother ordered me a new bedroom set. We finally received the furniture on October 11th and it was extremely damaged. Dents filled the headboard and footboard, the nightstand wasn’t level, anyone could tell it was crooked with the naked eye, and we couldn’t even open the drawers on my dresser which had chips all over it as well.

We immediately told the man who delivered the furniture that we were unhappy to which he told us to report this to Ashley Furniture, which we did the next morning. After almost two months of calling Ashley Furniture they finally sent out a repairman to check out the damage. The repairman said the damage was unfixable and it would only be right that we should receive a brand new set. My mother and I called every week and listened to the worker's broken promises and finally we asked to speak to whoever was highest up. This person told us they will send us new furniture, but then the question comes, what if this furniture is also damaged? The answer to this was that if it comes damaged they will take the furniture back and we will get a full refund.

Surprise surprise, the furniture we finally received on January 30th was ALSO extremely damaged. The side railing is hanging off the side of the bed, along with dents, chips, and again drawers almost impossible to open. We did the same as the first time. Called a million times and finally got them to send out a repairman. My mother and I waited home all day on February 23rd and the repairman never showed. Not even a phone call. After an excruciating amount of phone calls and never receiving a call back when we’re supposed to I have no other choice but to try to get Ashley Furniture's attention through whatever other sources I can.

We ordered my furniture in August 2018 and since then I have been living out of a suitcase and have clothes scattered everywhere since I can’t even open the drawers on my dresser set or nightstand. This has caused my mother an abnormal amount of stress making these phone calls with people who are incapable of doing their jobs correctly and showing the lack of respect to customers who paid thousands of dollars for a damaged product.

Now they are saying my warranty is up and there’s nothing they can do. They have dragged this process on for over HALF A YEAR, it's been 7 months in total. It’s so sad that this is the way they run a business. I looked for months for a bedroom set and finally fell in love with the one I bought but now it’s been 7 months since I placed this order and we have been going back and forth just trying to speak to someone to give us answer for 5 months. We just want it gone at this point.

Original review: March 22, 2019

The Carle Place store is the worst. Do not deal with them. Stephen salesperson, Chris Manager, Jose another manager, All the way to Angelo they are a rip off. They lie. The list goes on and on stay away from this store!!! They give you one price charged a card a different price! Told us delivery would be a Thursday. Delivery never came then it came it was the wrong items! They will not resolve the issue and you call and call and just keep getting the runaround! DO NOT BUY FROM CARLE PLACE ASHLEY FURNITURE STORE!

Original review: March 21, 2019

I purchased a sofa and sofa chair from Ashley Furniture. The first issued was on delivery day when the incorrect sofa color was delivered. I had taken off work to be there for the 4 hour delivery window. Now I had to take off an additional 4 hour time period to receive the correct delivery. During my initial pitched, I also purchased the 3 Year Stain Removal package for approximately $140. It was explained to me that if a stain cannot be removed by the professional they will send out “a replacement”, as in a whole replacement, to my understanding.

After having my items for a week I had to utilize the stain warranty. They sent someone out to try and remove the stain, to no avail. Then they sent replacement parts.....pieces of fabric for the chair. These were to be sewn onto the chair and replace the damaged pieces. The installer came to install them and discovered that they did not send the correct pieces. He stated that they would call me to set up a delivery date...AGAIN! I have been without this item for almost 3 months now and they still aren’t going to replace it, which was initially how it was explained to me. This is ridiculous. I am extremely dissatisfied. I will be taking these items to a thrift store and purchasing my furniture from another company. Do not shop here.

Original review: March 21, 2019

Bought a power reclining sofa and loveseat for $2,000+. The sofa stopped working the day it was delivered and is stuck in the reclining position. Customer service was rude and said they would return call, did not. Called back the following day. They will take a week to send someone out to fix it. I have an entire home to furnish, time to look elsewhere. 1330 N Town East Blvd location in Mesquite, Tx.

Original review: March 21, 2019

After waiting 3 weeks for sofa wich cost 1000$, they come to the door we live in 6th. The sofa was big and they couldn’t take it by the elevator. So they start taking picture of measurements of the sofa and elevator and they said we can’t do more than 3 floors. Where was stated that you don’t do 6 floors. We gave them the address so they should ask, "You live in 6 floor. We can’t sell you." So they are, "We can’t. It heavy." They are about to leave. My husband call them and said, "Can you do it? I will pay 150$ Cash for you guys," they did it in 5 min. Not heavy anymore. The worst company. I make sure not to buy again light or heavy from you. So we end up paying 1150$ for sofa.

Original review: March 19, 2019

I had my loveseat delivered and a week later I noticed a small tear on the back. So Slumberland referred me to contact Ashley customer service and file a claim. A week later they told me I was past the 5 days and there is nothing they can do, great customer service. SOL!

Original review: March 19, 2019

First of all, their website cannot accept APPLE devices so after trying to purchase for several days I was told the issue is because the website cannot process orders when placed through an Apple computer, phone, or tablet. I finally placed the order from a friend's laptop and now it's been a week of trying to confirm our delivery (when we already selected our date at checkout!) and I waited on hold TWICE for 1 hour just for a representative to pick up the phone. Worst customer service who are completely unresponsive and inconsiderate of their customers' time.

Original review: March 18, 2019

After waiting two weeks for a dining set to come in I'm told I need to drive 30 miles away to another store to pick it up. Now I'm canceling the order. I'm told I have to wait another 10 days for my refund to be put on my card. Come on. Are you kidding me? What kind of business operates like this? A crappy one. That's what kind. The salesman are like vultures. They don't have anything in stock and the employees have no clue as to what time they even woke up in the morning. Do yourself a favor and pass this store by.

Original review: March 18, 2019

I purchase what I was told was a leather sectional sofa. Well, to begin with it? It’s not 100% leather. We bought this in May of 2018. By October we saw out of 6 pieces 4 of them had worn marks where the color was rubbing off. The 2 that my husband and I sit on, areas our heads hit and where the back of our knees hit when they're not reclined. I have made so many phone calls. I’ve lost count. Someone came out and took pictures. I had to call after weeks of not hearing anything. They had no information on his pictures.

They had us turn every piece upside to get the serial number off and take a picture of the “damage”. Did all that and emailed it to them. They said it would be 45 days before we would get an answer. Waited 45 days and was told it wasn’t a manufacturer’s defect. It could be, medicine we take, laundry soap, shampoo, etc. All BS in my book. When I call the store they refuse to talk about it to me. They just say the situation has been handled.

Original review: March 17, 2019

I went to Ashley store in Reno NV to make my very first purchase of the Realyn bed and dresser and a tv stand. I had a great experience buying the furniture but after that a very horrible experience. My furniture arrived the date that they told me it would but my bed came with two left legs so they could not put it together and they left it in pieces. My dresser was delivered with a broken drawer. The slider was broken and my tv stand well that was so cracked and broken that they didn’t bother to put it together and I completely refused it. So all of my purchase that came to over 2000 dollars I paid full in cash all came broken or missing pieces so nothing was usable. So now I’m stuck with bed parts sitting in my room and my brand new 70 inch tv I bought that I had delivered the same day sitting still packed because I have nothing to put it on.

So I called like it says to do to report the damage. The guy on the customers service line was helpful and nice but I had to talk to the store I bought it from to get the issues resolved. Well the manager would/will not talk to me because they are having a sale and that’s more important than taking care of a customer. And the lady and the store told me they can order the leg to the bed that may take up to 10 days and then I would have to call when it arrives to schedule someone to put bed together for me.

As far as the dresser goes they will send someone out Wednesday to see if it can be repaired if not then I wait again for a new dresser and as far as my tv stand goes I have to wait for the invoice before they will send me another one. So I asked if they could just come pick all this broken stuff up and give me a refund and was told no because I accepted the items. But I one will help me. They won’t talk to me. Can’t even apologize or offer anything in compilation for the fact that all my stuff was damaged. I can’t even get a manager on the phone. So I’m treated like I did something wrong and I was even nice and still no help.

How can you spend that much money on products and they all come damaged and they can’t even do anything or give me my money back. I’ve never heard of a place not refunding your money but telling me it’s mine. I have to keep it even when it’s damaged. I feel like I paid for overpriced Walmart junk. Literally it’s cheap material not worthy the money. If that many things are broken that tells me it’s cheap crap and now I have to keep it. Mind you I live 45 mins out of town so I will have to drive into Reno to speak to someone because I’m not a worthy enough customer for them to talk to even though I paid cash upfront for all my items. Horrible company.

Original review: March 16, 2019

I ordered a couch online after going to look at it in store. Not only was the marked price twice as much as what was listed on their site but they lied about knocking on my door. First my door was open, second I kept watch for the truck, and third I have small dogs that would have barked had he come to the door. When I tried to cancel my order they said I had to go into the store. I told them I bought the couch online. After wasting 30 minutes on hold they finally cancelled my order. I had planned on going in and buying another more expensive couch this week but that isn't happening now. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE DISHONEST AS WELL AS INCOMPETENT.

Ashley Furniture Company Information