2.97/5
Based on 2,242 ratings submitted in the last year

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture

Looking for a good furniture store?

Ashley Furniture Reviews

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

Very disappointed after paying so much money for a bedroom set and have to pay for shipping and premium set up. Every piece was manufacturably put together incorrectly. Terrible that I have to sleep on floor because of their mistakes. The delivery people was very helpful in this situation. I watched them open each item and with them saw the drawers were built wrong. Some didn't open. Just terrible for the price I paid and now have to wait another week for the new bedroom set. Unacceptably. And I was lied to by them as well. They stated the furniture comes like Kia furniture and they recommend the premium delivery because if they drop the furniture off for me to build they wouldn't accept back because they can say I damaged it during installation. Really all pieces came assembled. And I wouldn't even give it 1 star but you can't pick a Zero.

Resolution response: Oct. 15, 2019

They called me and they are working with me to solve the issue I had with the delivery. I had a different experience this time. It was great. They would have done from the beginning and they would have avoid the hassle.

Original review: Oct. 14, 2019

This is my second bad experience with them. I should have learned. The first experience they delivered me two bedrooms furniture. All incomplete, missing parts, etc. I decided to give them a second try. Never again. They are thieves. I went to the store. Bought almost 6000 in furniture. They came to my house and without even try, they told me my furniture do not fit and I have to pay extra if I want my furniture to be delivery. Then, I refuse my order since they are trying to oversell me. First they told me a price, then they keep going in the price. I can't believe it. So I called store and bad customer service, they BS you like crazy.

After a week a chasing them about my order, they cancelled it and charge me a delivery fee. I sent a dispute with the CC company. I am not paying any fee. Avoid them. I am glad I refuse the order otherwise, once the furniture is in, you are done. They told me why I didn't accept the rest of the order. Are you kidding me. Let me tell you. If you want hell go with them.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I ordered a bedroom set a week ago. Have to wait until the weekend for delivery. When the set came it was missing all the hardware to put it together. The technician stated that technical support will come tomorrow to fix the issue. They never call or show up. When I called them they told me that they will send an email to the hardware department so I have the bedroom set in pieces in the house after I paid in full for it!! They just care about taking your money and they don’t care about rendering a good service.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

I order a Whitesburg dining room table and matching bench and 2 chairs from Ashley home store. UPS delivered 3 boxes to my home. One box contained my table, the second box contained my bench. The third box contained a nightstand instead of my 2 chairs. After a long wait I was connected by phone with an Ashley customer care rep. I explained the issue and finally was told that Ashley would reorder my chairs and have UPS pick up the unordered nightstand. Still waiting for that to materialize. Have had no follow up messages to my problem.

Original review: Oct. 13, 2019

Wesley Chapel store location very bad customer service!! Sales manager HARRY ** is very terrible, bad attitude and smart talker. Bought some furniture. Was delivered on Oct 1 2019. I bought furniture and delivered the wrong color. Went back second day. Saw Harry and he had a very bad attitude and refused to change. I bought a lighter cooler and received dark color and he knows that but refused to do any thing and told me can’t do nothing. Told him, "I will be calling my attorney," and he said, "Do what you feel wanna do do." I saw my attorney and he is suing Ashley Homestore.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

We bought a TV stand from the Orland Park showroom. The sales staff was fine but the product once received was horrible. The wood was warped and the doors to the shelves were off center. We tried to take back but they wouldn’t let us. They said no refunds and customer service was very rude and unapologetic. They could care less. It took us a month to just get an even exchange. I’ve never had such a horrible experience with a furniture store. I will never go back. Zero stars!!

Original review: Oct. 12, 2019

I purchased a queen mattress and adjustable base which was delivered today. The gentleman who delivered said it wouldn’t be a problem having someone sent out to sew the seam. So foolishly I accepted delivery. I called the headquarter’s number as I didn’t have anything from the delivery reflecting the tear but they had no record of me being in their system and told me to go to the Ashley Furniture store I purchased it from. When I went down and showed the young man, Chad, a picture he was on the phone for about 20 minutes. When he got off he went to talk to someone and came back with three options I could get with the Sealy manufacturer for them to make repair, accept a credit of $150 (I believe $150 or $160) or ask for a replacement. There should not have been any such offer other than a replacement. I only had the bed for an hour and a half or so.

I felt like I was treated with a so what attitude no concern for the customer. I had ordered a sofa and recliner last year and when they were delivered the recliner had a whole took two months to get that fixed. I am so disappointed in Ashley. I was told I have 60 days to try the mattress and if it isn’t comfortable I can exchange for the same brand now I’m worried they will not honor that if it comes to it.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

I purchased 2 bedroom sets for my daughters over 2 months ago and still they haven’t deliver it. When I purchased they gave me a delivery date of 3 weeks and is almost 3 months now still hasn’t come. I called many times and they keep playing with dates. The worse part is that they can cancel your order based on their policy. This is a horrible store. Don’t buy from them. Is a horrible experience. If I could give them -0 I would.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Buying our bed set was a great experience. We had great help and service. We bought bed box spring and a nice frame with headboard. Also got a matching dresser. The bed box spring and dresser are great. The bed frame not so much. Being honest It has broken on us multiple times during sex. It is loud and shifts a lot. The metal supports have bent or completely collapsed. We are not a big couple. It's loud even when we move around. We did all we can to fix most of the issues. But our 3rd night during sex the frame broke. They do replace parts quickly but explaining sex is what made it broke a bunch of times is awkward. Would be 5 stars if the frame worked. Out. Overall a good experience.

Original review: Oct. 11, 2019

Warning! Do not purchase from this store. I wish I'd read all of the comments on here before making the same mistake. Came into the store to get my son a new mattress. We went ahead and purchased even though it was a month long wait for delivery. The next week I see the same mattress (same model #) and (Ashley is the seller) for 1/2 price. I call the store to cancel and have yet to receive a credit back in my card. Almost a month now and cannot get resolution. I call multiple times each week and get a new story why this hasn't been processed.

It's absolutely ridiculous that you can cancel an order and not get a refund. Do not shop here. They sell their own merchandise on their website and Amazon for substantially less. Customer service after the fact is a joke. Customer service passes you off to the store. Store can't do anything without a manager. Managers refuse to return calls. Staff tries to assist and promises refund are made. Same story week after week and try nothing gets done.

Ashley Furniture Company Information