1.19/5
  • 1 star
Based on 351 ratings submitted in the last yearSHOW RATING DISTRIBUTION
Looking for a good furniture store?
We'll match you with the right company that knows what you need.

FIND OTHER COMPANIES
Select stars to rate your experience
Very dissatisfied with the experience
Dissatisfied with the experience
Satisfied with the experience
Happy with the experience
Would recommend to a friend
Last updated: Dec. 16, 2017

2146 Ashley Furniture Consumer Reviews and Complaints

Filter by:
Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

I spent several thousand dollars at Ashley and purchase the EXTRA ($500) worth of warranty as the salesman said that, "If anything goes wrong we will fix it." Guess what, something went wrong and now the warranty company claims that the stitching on my chairs are not covered. I will never shop with these guys again! Beware!!!

Original review: Nov. 14, 2017

Bought Ashley Furniture DuraBlend reclining couches in the Shallotte NC store in 2012. By 2017 the leather was delaminating. Shallotte store offered real leather at a slight discount. Wilmington store different franchise was $300 less for the same product. Corporate has at least started a claim process but initially, I got little help from customer service. The couches were great for 4 years and I hope they will at least give some consideration or I will hire an attorney to do a class action suit in NC.

Original review: Nov. 13, 2017

Both chairs that purchase the material fell apart. Contacted the store and they have done nothing about it. Contact the customer service department and they've done nothing about it. The black DuraBlend material was all over the floor from the seat and the rear of the chair. Had to remove the chairs and put them in my garage. They are only two to three years old. I do not have pets or children. $1,300 per chair. They're sitting in a garage.

Ashley Furniture response
I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your living room furniture. Can you please send us your purchase information, including the store where you purchased, to Fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com? Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.
Thanks,

Madison

Original review: Nov. 11, 2017

Purchased a sofa and chair. Realized a few days later that the cushions and seats were poorly made and that the furniture was junk. Called and they sent a service man out. He wrote a long letter stating that the furniture should have never been delivered, that it was junk and that they should be ashamed for even delivering it. Ashley Furniture states they want a restocking fee to return the furniture. A restocking fee on crappy furniture they delivered. They give you a 3 day warranty because they know the furniture isn't quality. I'm sure they will try to resell this junk when they pick it up. DO NOT ever do business with this company. They are rude and unwilling to compromise.

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

I bought a sectional from Ashley Furniture in Seattle. It is one of the worst companies that I have dealt with: After many problems with the furniture itself, like bad workmanship, new furniture having stains on them, stitching coming apart just when we received the sectional and ottoman. Now we called to report a stain on one of the cushions. The "scotch-guarding' is actually an insurance that we have to deal with, again, the furniture was not treated at all. We send pictures and filed many forms, but we found out that 1) there is a time limit to report and 2) there is, supposedly, a list of specific stains that they cover, which is not stated anywhere. My free advice to other consumers: DO NOT BUY ANY FURNITURE FROM ASHLEY AND DEFINITELY DO NOT BUY ANY STAIN-INSURANCE.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Ashley Furniture?

Original review: Nov. 7, 2017

We purchased a bedroom set for my child back January 2017. As of today (11 months later) we still don't have a bed that is to the quality that we paid for. Let me explain. First of all, it took 3 months to get the set delivered to the house. Upon arrival and assembly, the technicians discovered that the foot board/rail bracket positions were manufacturing incorrectly prompting a need for replacement parts to be ordered. The techs took pictures and we went back to playing the waiting game. After multiple calls, promises, apologies, blah blah blah, I am still waiting for the replacement parts that are supposed to be delivered this Friday (Nov 10). I am more that dissatisfied with they was this has been handled. No sense of urgency. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!!

Ashley Furniture response
I'm very sorry to hear you are having issues with your furniture. Can you please send us your purchase information, including the store where you purchased, to Fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com? Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.
Thanks,

Madison

Original review: Nov. 5, 2017

We bought a sofa loveseat combo and after a year the loveseat started peeling off. The material, Durablend or as I say fake leather peeled like crazy. We trashed the loveseat and now have a couch that we can no longer sit on. We are trying to get Ashley to reimburse us some of the $2800 that we spent.

Ashley Furniture response
Hi, we’re sorry to hear about what has happened to your furniture. We would be happy to try to help you. Please feel free to send an email to fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com for further assistance.

Madison

Original review: Nov. 4, 2017

October 24 I purchased a kitchen table and 6 chairs. The table and 4 chairs were delivered within a few days from ordering. I was informed when purchased that the two end chairs would have a delivery date of November 28. I asked, "Was there any way I could get sooner," sales guy called back and said a sooner date of November 25. I was disappointed yet I took in to account manufacturer demands as I was told. Later when I went to borrow lawn chairs they offered me, was told by Steve that he had just got a email stating my delivery date was pushed back to December 20.

Needless to say I walked out with no chairs and on phone with corporate who was of no help because I was told of the no return policy. That I could cancel the two chair but because it had been 3 days past purchase I'd be charged 10 percent fee. Please do not purchase from them if you need your items. As the position I was in due to starting over buying furniture. Will not shop with Ashley Furniture again.

Original review: Nov. 3, 2017

2 weeks ago I bought a 5 piece Williston set. A week later I moved it to out a area rug under it. Well I unhooked headboard and headboard fell to floor and broke in 3 pieces. I saw it's made of particle board. I called and submitted pictures and they said, "Sorry you broke it so your warranty forest cover it." They said I'd have to buy a new one. I just paid 1633.00 cash for it 2 weeks ago.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

We had an entire living room set delivered last week missing the accent pillows. We called and was assured the pillows would be delivered shortly (next week). No problem right. The following day after only half of what we purchased (pillows) were delivered. My wife stopped by the store to explain that the pillows were not delivered as promised, no one including management staff seemed to care. She also asked for a price on an additional piece of matching furniture and was given the tag price. Mind you when we purchased the set they were more than happy to negotiate. We felt like they were not interested in more than one sale. I have a 3000 square foot home that I will be furnishing elsewhere.

Ashley Furniture response
Hi, we’re sorry that you were unsatisfied with your customer service experience. Please feel free to provide feedback by emailing fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com. Please put Consumer Affairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I ordered a Mattress and split boxspring on October 4, 2018. After waiting 10 days I went to pick it up and was told they only ordered half of a boxspring. Now I have to wait another 10 days to get my mattress and boxspring. When I spoke to the customer service department they were very rude and did not help me. When I wanted to cancel my order they told me they were going to charge me 40% restocking fee. Since the warehouse closes at 5 I will have to wait another week to pick up my merchandise. They made a mistake and not doing anything extra for me. I will never go to Ashley Furniture again. I wish I never bought anything from them.

Original review: Nov. 1, 2017

I had a major damage problem with a two sided Ashley Furniture leather recliner I bought. I complained about both sides of the recliner being damaged and I was told a brand new recliner was ordered for me because I had asked for the whole thing (both sides) to be replaced with a new undamaged one. Upon delivery however, I only received one half of a recliner and it too also was damaged. Unbeknownst to me at the time that recliner style had been retired by Ashley Furniture and could not have been ordered new as I was told in a message left on my cell phone by the store. I found out it was really a damaged half of the floor model at the store that was sold to me as a newly ordered recliner.

I contacted Ashley Furniture Corporate Headquarters customer service in order to see what could be done about the situation since I liked the style and the recliner came with a one year Ashley Corporate warranty I wanted to use for this situation. When the customer service agent heard what happened she went to check and told me Ashley didn’t have the style available for purchase anymore, but they did have parts of the recliner style which they use as replacement parts. She informed me since I liked the recliner style, that under the Ashley warranty they could utilize the recliner “leather and fill parts” to replace everywhere on my recliner’s upper and lower seating area and armrests.

So, instead of a floor model recliner that had been sat on over and over again by customers in the store and was damaged, the seating and armrest areas would all be replaced with new leather and fill and the damaged areas taken care of as well. I was so happy they had a solution that would allow me to keep the style of recliner I wanted while making it like new, and so agreed that I would be satisfied with that. She told me she felt the issue should be taken care of right away and if the store couldn’t set it up then I should use the Ashley Furniture warranty by contacting the Ashley Headquarters escalations department to set up a claim.

After a few more calls back and forth trying to get things started, Ashley Furniture Headquarters customer service transferred me to the Consumer Affairs customer service escalation department of Ashley Furniture Headquarters insisting I speak with them to start the warranty claim and get someone in that department working on the situation for me.

I spoke with escalations service agent Janet at the corporate office and filed the claim with her in mid December. She told me a marketing specialist field rep would be dispatched to make sure the warranty on my two sided recliner was fulfilled and that she’d keep me up on his progress within 14 days. She assured me that under the warranty they’d take care of the problem. Two weeks came and went, but I didn’t hear from Janet, so I waited since it was right around Christmas time.

I figured they were just busy or backlogged, but would get back to me as I was promised. After early to mid January 2017 with still no word from Janet or anyone in the escalations department I again called and spoke with someone named Sheila about how long I’d been waiting. All she could tell me was she’d leave a message for Janet.

Janet later emailed me stating she hadn’t heard from the rep, but she again forwarded my claim information to him. I asked her how much longer I would have to wait because it had been at least a month since I had filed the claim. She emailed me that they allow 7-14 business days for the marketing specialist field rep to contact her. I waited the 14 days. No call from Janet. I waited some more. No call from Janet, so I called the Ashley escalations department again and was told their rep hadn’t responded.

I kept calling and calling and leaving messages for Janet asking about getting the warranty work started. We spoke I think once or twice after that. She told me that according to the notes in the system around mid March the field rep had finally started the investigation contact about a month earlier, but for some reason no one had contacted me to let me know. Though I had called several times to check on things, I had not been given this information and no reason was given as to why no one had contacted me. They did say he hadn’t put any notes in the system, so I’d have to wait while they looked into getting an answer from him.

Lots more time passed, in fact months and months. Neither the rep or Janet to got back to me and I am still waiting. She never called me back to let me know what was going on even though I called many, many times leaving tons of messages for her with other escalations representatives. Other escalations reps I spoke with said they couldn’t really help me. They all just deferred to Janet leaving messages for her from me, only she wasn’t calling me back.

The agents that I did speak with reiterated that the recliner could be taken care of through parts and the 1 year warranty, but they were all giving me different stories as to what was actually going on and the fact that no one is contacting me about the claim and the reason it is taking months and months for a field rep to get back with them with what’s happening when I was told it’d take 7-14 days.

No one monitored or tried to remedy my warranty situation. Even when important things were noted in the claim notes, I was still was not contacted and told them. The claim was just left open. In the meantime I have a 1 year warranty guarantee on the recliner being eaten away because of all the time they haven’t contacted me back to this day with a resolution. They’ve made me wait on a claim almost a year for no real plausible reason I can see. I feel like they are avoiding me, just waiting for the warranty to run out as I have been reading about the various customer and consumer group complaints and various news reports against them citing their defective furniture and how they don’t honor their warranties.

I am tired of continually calling seeking answers and getting the run around. Still, I haven’t given up through all the excuses and no return calls. At one point I was told I might receive a partial refund. The escalations agent I spoke with was supposed to get back with me both about the warranty issue and the refund, but here I am today still waiting. I left so many messages and was contacted maybe twice by the ‘escalations department” and that doesn’t demonstrate “escalation” to me.

It is really frustrating that Ashley Furniture does not honor their warranty or keep up with/monitor their claims, rectify the situations and close customer cases. Mine is after almost a year still open. Theirs is one of the worst customer service departments I've ever dealt with (virtually nonexistent for the customer) and they have the nerve to pretend they have an “escalations” department. It's more like they just record your complaint to placate you. State they’ve opened a claim for you and you don’t hear from them anymore unless you call them and even then you don’t get any real help, answers or resolution. They don't check on claims in order to rectify the situation, close the case or anything. That is not the way warranty claims are supposed to work. I mean what is the point in having one if you can’t utilize it when there’s a problem.

I would like Ashley Corporate Headquarters escalation department to contact me in order to resolve this claim fully with a solution they physically put together in a timely manner since my recliner is under their 1 year warranty and I’ve been calling and calling asking for help since December of last year in regards to the resolving of this claim after having been assured by both Ashley Corporate Headquarters customer service and escalations departments they’d take care of everything.

As a remedy, I am asking for delivered to me either the floor model and damaged 2 piece recliner I received to be revamped in the sitting, armrest and damaged areas like new having been assembled with leather and fill from extra left over recliner parts as I was told repeatedly would be done by customer service and the escalation department agents (since that is what they told me they’d do, as a valid business, they need to keep their word) or the assembling of two separate recliner sides in order to make a complete new recliner (left and right sides) from extra leftover remaining parts assembled or if there are any new, complete Exhilaration recliners left over in the Ashley’s stock, I would like one of them.

The bottom line is Ashley Furniture needs to make good on their 1 year warranty and what they said they’d do to resolve the problem, not just create a claim and never contact the customer again making the customer chase down answers. Because they have not to this day resolved this issue. My warranty has been almost run out. I think they should also extend my 1 year warranty since it has taken this long for me and they still have not contacted me. They wasted my warranty and I still don’t have anything resolved from almost a year ago.

Original review: Oct. 31, 2017

I purchased my DuraBlend leather sectional from Ashley Furniture and my furniture starting peeling about 12 months after purchasing it. I contacted the store. They told me I have insurance I can file a claim. Well the insurance that I purchased didn't cover. They said they only cover accidents to furniture. I did research on my furniture and discovered that there is a problem with the DuraBlend furniture peeling. There is a class action suit from several people having the same problem. I contacted the store regarding the class action suit and now they tell me we can file a store claim.

I filed my store claim and they only gave me credit for 2 of my 4 items. They continue to tell me that they are waiting to hear back from corporate regarding my other items. I finally researched and contacted corporate to find out that they will not honor my other items because they do not have serial number on those items. I am very upset because these items was delivered to me with no serial number on my sofa or my love seat which tells me they should have never sold me these items. I am still waiting to hear back from them regarding my other items and no one is returning my call...

Original review: Oct. 28, 2017

Purchased almost $9,000 of furniture in May of this year. Started to have problems with a couch and loveseat that were from the same group with the front panels rippling and the side panels rippling. Called Ashley and they sent out a tech to repair it. Once he looked at the pieces, he told us they couldn't be repaired and that Ashley would take care of it and replace it as they are defective. A day or two later they called and said they were going to repair it which we asked them not to try and do after speaking to the tech who said the furniture could not be put back in its original condition if he tried to repair it. They claim the tech filed a report that didn't substantiate our conversation and there was nothing they could do other than repair it.

We have another $2300 worth of furniture to be delivered that we said we now do not want, they are insisting we have to come to the store to cancel the order which is 15 miles away. Took us three days to get the store manager to call us and she relayed once the sale is made, she no longer has anything to do with customer issues. Keep that in mind if you buy from them, once you leave the store, you are on your own. Terrible way to run a business...

Updated on 11/02/2017: We posted an issue regarding customer service with Ashley Furniture regarding a quality issue. They sent a tech, tech said not repairable to its original condition. Ashley would replace it and now they refuse to. (Furniture is 4 months old so under warranty and we bought the extended warranty). Called multiple times to both customer service supervisors and store manager, over half a dozen calls to get someone on the phone. Also sent an email to their corporate customer service contact information.

Did not hear back from the corporate customer service responding to our email. They did call and again said they would send another tech out. We finally posted on ConsumerAffairs.com and this is the response verbatim we received... typical of their service issues... put more burden on the customer. "We're sorry that you were unsatisfied with your customer service experience. Please feel free to provide feedback by emailing fanfeedback@ashleyfurniture.com. Please put ConsumerAffairs and the title of your review in the subject box. We would be happy to try to help. Thank you."

Original review: Oct. 27, 2017

So we purchased what I thought at the time was a great leather set. I started to notice that the springs made a lot of noise when you got off and onto the couch. I called corporate and they sent a repair person out on 10/18/17 and he didn't fix the problem, even though he fixed a loose spring. The couch still sounds horrible. I called them back today, 10/27/17 to advise them that the situation was not resolved and they advised me that I was outside of the warranty and that I would have to pay $130 to have someone come out and fix the couch. I feel this is an insult to my hard earned money and nice upkeep to the couch. I regret ever purchasing from them and will never, I mean never buy anything from Ashley Furniture again.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

With the demise of malls and retail in general it would seem that retail companies that reside in malls would go the extra mile. Not so. Ashley Furniture in Lake Havasu City sent us the wrong table and we've been calling them for 6 weeks to get this taken care of to no avail. Of course, while this goes on in the background this piece of junk is falling apart. The metal bands have disengaged from the table and the laminate on the sides is peeling, just as was mentioned in the reviews on their own site.

After 6 weeks of calling, receiving empty promises as to solutions, and never calling back, Ashley now says we've had the table too long and won't take it back at all. Really? I thought that this kind of horror show customer service only happened in the movies. If you deal with Ashley get ready to re-enact the scene from Animal House: Thank you sir, may I have another. And this is after spending 7 or 8 grand in their stores over the last few months. Imagine the kind of customer service I would receive if we had only bought a lamp... Maybe a kick in the groin would be apropos.

Original review: Oct. 25, 2017

I bought a bookcase in May of 2017. It was delivered maybe 2 weeks afterwards. I paid $439 for the bookcase. I packed my books on it and yesterday October 24 when I returned from work all the inner shelves collapsed. I called the customer care. Renee took my call and asked that I send photos which I did. The email address was amcgorda@ashleynva.com. Firstly she claimed she didn't received them so I sent them again. She claims not to be able to access the email. I am absolutely certain they will not honor the manufacturer warranty and secondly the customer service is extremely poor.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Purchased a Durablend Sofa; paid approx. $1200.00. All of the fabric peeled off. Warranty claim was denied because unable to locate serial number on sofa. Apparently the tag with the serial number fell off. Perhaps it was never there in the first place. One would think, that the serial number would be stamped in the sofa instead of placed on a tag. I sent numerous photos. Request for Store credit.

Original review: Oct. 23, 2017

Buyer Beware. I would give them a Negative 5 stars if CA had one. Did you know that Ashley actually has a "No Return Policy." Unfortunately they do not tell anything about it until you try to return something. Compare that with IKEA's one year It is OK to change your mind policy. Every other furniture store on the planet has at least some type of return policy. I tried to make a return at the Mayo Blvd Ashley store in Scottsdale 1 hour after purchase and was made aware of this policy. There are plenty of other places to purchase cheap Chinese made furniture so stay way clear of this one!!! I probably buy 10,000 worth of furniture a year and they will never get another dime from me.

Original review: Oct. 22, 2017

This company is terrible. They call me to confirm my delivery and then the day of the delivery they don't show up. Had to call the warehouse and they solved nothing. All around the worst experience. I would never recommend Ashley Furniture to anybody ever.

Original review: Oct. 19, 2017

When I say I will never purchase anything from ASHLEY FURNITURE HOME STORES. Never purchase the protection plan, it’s a joke. I had to spend $749.00 total on protecting my furniture, they don’t even cover anything. What a waste of money. I have shopped there for so many years and I will never go back due to the way they act.

I just feel let down from the fact I filed my claim on 10/4, I called yesterday 10/18 because nobody got back to me. I dislike when I call someone and they act like I should not have called them. I’m the customer I can call. I was also told on 10/19 the managers are too busy to give callbacks. So your customers are not important, just their money. I bet they love to get paid, I can tell because they attack you soon as you walk in the door. If you can’t tell I’m just not satisfied with the service. I wanted to share my experience so you can save money on protection plans. Ashley needs to be more aware that customers keep you in business. I don’t want anything free. I just want what I paid for.

Original review: Oct. 17, 2017

Frederick Store - I usually don't write reviews, but I decided to since the gentleman who helped me made my shopping easier. When I came in the store, I was looking for a nice small sofa and I ended up buying the sofa and other items to decorate the area. Carlos was most helpful and funny, he made whole experience with Ashley to be a joyful one. Thanks again Carlos!!

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

In 2014 we bought a recliner from Tyler Texas Ashley Furniture HomeStore. They talked us into a 5-year extended warranty that they said would cover any breakage or repair. In 2016 the recliner started leaning real bad. We contacted the warranty company and from that point on we were put on a Merry Go Round. Long hours on the phone, long response times, people eventually coming to our house to inspect, ordering the wrong part. 11 months later we still have a broken recliner. Tried to contact store manager but was told she did not handle phone calls from customers about furniture issues. Pretty much just a mess but it has been a conversation piece with all our guests visiting.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

I made an uneducated decision to purchase a sofa from Ashley Furniture. PLEASE do not make the same mistake. Once delivered, the damage of the sofa became apparent. They would not return the sofa. I tried many attempts to have the needed repairs made, to no avail. This is the absolutely the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Please save your time and energy and purchase from a reputable company.

Original review: Oct. 16, 2017

Buyers beware. This is the worst furniture store EVER. Still an unsatisfied customer after receiving my bedroom set on July 27th, 2017. Issue from Day one with the Salesperson who lead me to believe that I was getting a gift for free (worth $70). In reality I was charged for the gift. This issue was rectified. When my delivery was made, wrong mirror not the special order, ordered, exchanged, still not what I ordered. My Vanity set was delivered with dents, imperfections, and scratches which was finally corrected just this Month (Oct. 5th). Two attempts were made to exchange the vanity which were refused by me due to both vanities being in worst condition than the one delivered on 7/27. Be advised on 7/29/17 I called customer service to voice my complaint and dissatisfaction with the Memory foam mattress purchased, spoke to Heather, was told something will have to be done, but I must give the Mattress 30 day period, give it a chance.

This mattress is soft, plush and very uncomfortable.This isn't the mattress I laid on in the store. The Mattress was FIRM, HARD, FELT VERY COMFORTABLE in the store. After the 30 days I called and was offered 30% discount to remain uncomfortable and 60% a purchase towards a new Mattress and other 40% towards a disposal fee. Not to mention that a Tech was sent out prior to the final exchange of the Vanity without the proper color to match the vanity set. Now in the process of getting an Appointment to have the boxspring turned over on the proper side due to same being set-up the wrong way. Could this be the reason why the mattress is extra uncomfortable?? After addressing this last issue with Melissa I was asked can I get someone to do this? Amateurs at their best!!! I'm just saying. This is only 1/3 of my story. Save yourself a headache and Do Not Spend Your Money/Time @ ASHLEY FURNITURE.

Updated on 10/21/2017: On 10/20/2017 I spoke to Yolanda at Ext. ** in ref. to customer service following up on photos, total of five pictures to be e-mailed to Ashley in reference the footboard that isn't straight and crooked (Mon. 10/20/17. @ 06:10 pm). Advised same that when making up the bed from the footboard, my hand gets caught between the mattress and the headboard also scraping my hand. As per the e-mail I was to give Customer Service at least 48 hours to response? I had to inquire about this issue on Friday 10/21/17 due to the fact that no one from C/S got back in touch with me. The issue with my box spring wasn't entertained at all. I was told by Melissa that she was unable to open a window due to the system being down prior? She would get back to me.

I called again the next day and spoke to Mary ** whom advised me that a Tech wouldn't be able to rectify this issue because I didn't purchase the box spring from Ashley. I stated to Mary ** "shouldn't the same rule apply when my bedroom set was delivered and set-up?" Deliverymen are the ones who placed the box spring on the frame backwards. Now they can't fix this issue because I bought the Box spring elsewhere. At this point I'm still waiting for an appt. to be set up as stated by Yolanda on 10/20/17.

FYI, I also had conversed with Customer Service in ref. to the special order for my mirror to the Vanity and that isn't what I chose in the store. Redelivered same but it's not what I ordered (similar). Customer service replied by stating "that the item is in the home and nothing can be done." I called the store in Valley Stream to speak to the Salesperson, Justin whom placed this special order for me but I was told he couldn't come to the phone at that time due to the fact that he was very busy w/ customers. This was on Columbus Day, my day off when I had time to address same. Three months passed before my dresser to the vanity was delivered in satisfactory condition, October 5th, 2017.

Original review: Oct. 12, 2017

My sofa is a little over a year old. And it feels as if you will fall right thru it. I called protection plan that I had purchased for $129.99 to find out they do not cover anything other than spills rips and burns. They advised me to call Ashley for manufacture warranty. First they tell me that as a courtesy they can provide me with new springs but that I will have to pay technician out of pocket to get it installed. I get an email shortly after with "we are so sorry if your sofa is discontinued, therefore there is nothing no we can do." What to do? When I purchased my sofa sales person promised they would cover absolutely anything. Now I'm stuck with a bad sofa. Ashley you sell unreliable furniture. After my first sofa breaking and now this one shortly a year later. Unsatisfied 100%.

Original review: Oct. 9, 2017

So I was told my couch would be delivered between 10 am and 1 pm. My first class ends at 9:15 am so I figured I would have plenty of time to get home before they deliver my couch. I get a phone call from Ashley Furniture at 9:15 stating that the delivery driver has been waiting at my house for 15 minutes waiting to deliver my couch. I told the lady that the delivery wasn't suppose to 10 am that I will be home in 20 minutes, the lady tells me the delivery driver can only wait until 10 am and then will have to leave if I'm not home yet.

I get home at 9:45 am and guess who is no longer there the delivery driver. I call Ashley Furniture and I am told that he went to his next stop and will come back to my house afterwards. Three hours later still no delivery drivers so I call Ashley Furniture again, no tell it could another hour before he shows up. I ask the lady what happened to it being delivered between 10 am and 1 pm, of course I got no answer. So I asked her to cancel my delivery and I will pick it up myself and I want the delivery fee refund and this time I got a reply, "But we still have 20 minutes before 1 pm." All I can say I will never buy anything from Ashley Furniture again.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

When I received my couch I immediately noticed it was very hard, not like the one in the store and the color was a lot darker too. I called to complain and they said, "You have to give it time to break in. It's like when you buy a new pair of shoes, at first it's a little tight, then after time it's fine." I said, "You're kidding me right". They said, "No". I said, "That's the dumbest thing I ever heard. I have to break in my couch. Are you kidding me. How long? A week? A month? How long?" "It depends on how long you use it each day."

I told Ms ** the customer service supervisor I bought at least 6 couches in my lifetime I NEVER had to break it in. They tried to deliver another couch but it come in damaged, thank god, because that was hard too. So they took that back and I still have the first HARD COUCH. Oh, they were nice enough to charged me a restocking fee $150.00 and a second delivery charge $159.00. So I told Ms ** I was not happy and I want my money back. She said, "That's NOT An option". "You're telling me I can't get my money back." She said, "That's right, if you look on the back of your receipt it says all sales are final". I said, "You didn't sell me the couch you showed me in the store". She said, "Yes we did". I told her I was going to give Ashley Furniture store a bad review and I was going to call my credit card company to stop payment. She laughed and said, "You have a nice day".

So I called my credit card company and explained what happened. Citi MasterCard has a thing that if you're not satisfied with a product and the store will not take it back they will refund you your money. Within less than an hour I got an email saying they are crediting my account for the full amount shipping too. Wow, that's amazing. I called back Ashley to tell them to pick up the couch, that already got a credit. They said, "We don't pick up furniture". I said, "I'm giving you 7 days to come and get or I'm putting out in the street". Then hung up!!! I think everyone should go and get a Citi Credit card.

Original review: Oct. 7, 2017

We purchased a TV console only to discover a day later it would not fit the space. I went into Ashley and cancelled the sale. They informed me that because I paid by check it would take 21 days to receive a refund. They couldn’t pull the check or stop payment on it so it was cashed. Two months later I am still trying to get my refund. They say it is unresolved. We are talking a $1000 here and even though we have the paperwork they seem incapable of resolving this problem and refunding our money. I will never purchase from this company again and suggest you don’t pay cash or check if you do.

Original review: Oct. 5, 2017

Purchased a sofa bed for a rental apt. in Miami as the old one broke. Needed it delivered next day, guests were checking in. I was told no problem. Next day they sent the furniture to the WRONG address, so, now delivery was set for the next day, (guests arriving day) AGAIN, the sofa went to a different address (Correct Delivery address was **)!!

After trying to reach their "Customer I don't Care" line for an explanation, I was left on hold for 55 minutes. After that I hung up, tried to call my salesperson. She didn't answer either. Tried customer care again, no answer. Driver, no answer. Today (third day) I get a supervisor (Richard) who also was indifferent, and offered to give me a $50 gift certificate! He perpetually went to $75, but was unable to send it to ME, only to the delivery address, which is a transient building and no mail is accepted. Then he offered me 50% OFF the delivery charges!!! I'm speechless. BUYER BEWARE. This is not a company you want to do business with. They simply DON'T CARE!

Ashley Furniture Company Information